Windows Support Forum

Hp laptop w/ windows 7 trouble

Q: Hp laptop w/ windows 7 trouble

Ive got a 2 yr old laptop that my parents bought for me at walmart of all places. I basically just use it for facebook, facebook games, and email. havent had any real issue til now. at first, when it was plugged in it would start up and let me log into windows but would immediately shut down. later it started going through a disk check when I turned it on and would shut off before it was complete. if the power cord was connected it would have a big red x over the power cord logo on the bottom right. I was going to factory reset it but I cannot get that far before it shuts off. bettery is fine and power cord is good. had them both tested. PLEASE HELP!!! IM VERY POOR SND CANNOT TAKE IT TO A REPAIR SHOP!! tyvm

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Hp laptop w/ windows 7 trouble

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Hp laptop w/ windows 7 trouble

It won't stay on long enough to do anything so this doesn't look promising. Have you tried removing the battery and just using the power brick?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-w-windows-7-trouble.207751/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am currently trying to switch back to Windows from Ubuntu. Originally I was having issues with Windows and installed Ubuntu to ensure my hard drive was not failing. Now i am trying to reinstall windows after wiping my computer.

I have uninstalled Ubuntu and partitioned my drive. After creating my Windows 7 bootable USB, I booted up, allowing it to boot from the USB. It went through the Windows installation process and I selected my partition to install Windows. Once it went through the steps the screen became black and the backlight would come on for a second then back off, I let it sit idle for roughly and hour before going through the process again. Each time the end result is a black screen that will brighten then dim. No cursor, no underscore.

I have a Samsung Chronos Series 7 and I am trying to install Windows Home Premium.

A:Trouble Installing Windows 7 On Laptop

Erase partition... leave it blank and try reinstalling windows again... letting the windows setup partition the drive itself (unless you are trying to do some dual booting magic).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516252/trouble-installing-windows-7-on-laptop/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I am having trouble with a laptop and could really use some help My wife has a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows I QM CPU ghz gb ram bit OS For the last few days her computer has been running laptop Windows 7 trouble Solved: extremely slowly I am waiting up to minutes for the start menu to appear in safe mode I have used task manager Solved: Windows 7 laptop trouble to look at the CPU performance and it always says even when it is doing something I tried running AVAST and Norton on it but after minutes it hadn t moved past and froze Sometimes when I use ctrl alt del I get the menu and sometimes I Solved: Windows 7 laptop trouble get a message that says windows was unable to generate shutdown options In general I can t run any programs successfully Also I have very little ability to connect to the Internet Most times the network will say it is there but won t ever connect If I do get connected I have trouble opening a window before everything freezes I checked and she has not added any programs since the computer was last used What I have done I have used C Cleaner to clean up start up and registry files system restore I have run a bit defender scan and I have attempted to run Avast and Norton but was unable to complete the scans Any help would be greatly appreciated Roy nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I have had my asus laptop for two years now and created the asus windows 8 recovery image to a 16gb usb. Tried resetting my pc using the internal windows 8 method, troubleshooting-reset my pc. I get a message saying cant reset windows as a main partition is missing. When trying to reset from the usb methond the recovery loads up and i get as far as select keyboard input language and select united kingdom and then it takes me back to my login screen.

So im stuck i have my version, build and both windows ID and Key for my laptop as i retrieved it prior to attempting to reset windows 8. Im on 8.1 now with the latest updates. I was thinking of getting a bootable windows 8 iso, burning it to a dvd and resetting my laptop that way then entering my licence key in when prompted but dont know were to find one or how? or any other suggestions?

Thanks

A:trouble resetting my windows 8 laptop

Quote:

main partition is missing

Your main partition may be corrupted or the HDD may have failed
Boot into Setup (Bios) does your HDD show here?
If so, on another computer download the ISO version of Seatools in my signature. Burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD in the troubled computer and run the Short and Long tests on the drive. If either test fails the HDD needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/trouble-resetting-my-windows-8-laptop-896858.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi everyone I'm new here so please bear with me I will try and explain this as easy as possible I was using windows on 8.1 windows Asus with trouble restoring laptop my my Asus laptop then by mistake I pressed a pop up from Microsoft that said install windows well that was the start of it I realized my mistake as soon as the windows was downloaded I didn't like it I couldn't find anything the layout was horrible so I researched a way out and was told got to settings go to updates then find the recovery button then press the button that said go back to windows This was done and that's when the problem started I left my laptop on for the best part of hrs whilst the recovery was supposed to be happening and it was going on trouble with my Asus laptop restoring windows 8.1 and on so when I went to bed I turned it off Next day tried again same thing then it kept asking me about rebooting now its saying preparing automatic repair what repair I am getting stressed will I lose all my stuff trouble with my Asus laptop restoring windows 8.1 saved on my computer Any help will be much appreciated I'm a complete novice when it comes to computers

A:trouble with my Asus laptop restoring windows 8.1

** I should have used phrases like "you may" "you might" and so on; take the following in the spirit of possibilities, not any "commands" **
I know next to nothing about Windows 8, however, I do know Windows 7 Pro.
Did you make any full image OS partition backups before all of this happened?
If yes, restore that image.
If no, then, you will have to make a USB or DVD boot from something similar to Macrium Reflect. Booting that backup/restore utility, you can make a folders/files backup onto any known-good external media. In fact, maybe make two such backups onto two external media [external HDs probably would be best].
Afterwards, you will have to bite the bullet and use your Windows install DVD and reinstall Windows 8.
Don't have an install DVD? You will have to have others walk you thru finding and downloading your Windows 8 ISO from somewhere [I know not where].

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74619-trouble-my-asus-laptop-restoring-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello there!
I have a Windows Vista Acer Laptop, and it seems it's having a little trouble...
After I have owned the Computer for a year, it began to randomly Crash...constantly,(It's been 2 years since it has started this problem) and about 2 days ago, it crashed again and when I turned it back on, It gave me a Blue Screen message:
Power_Driver_State_Failure

Another problem is, my Laptop can't hold a charge...
It has to be plugged in at ALL times....
As soon as I unplug it, the laptop runs out of battery
And I've tried charging it on Power Saver, High Performance, and Balanced Modes...
Are there any ways to fix these 3 issues?

-Thank You!

A:HELP! Windows Vista Acer Laptop Trouble...

1st Run a hard ware diagnose test to see if there is any hardware issue
2nd The battery is not holding charge because perhaps you have over charge the laptop too much which have damage the lifetime of the battery.. check that with another charger.. might be the charger is faulty as well "which I doubt"

Question:
What do you mean by crash, does it just turn off by itself and then when you switch it back on you get blue screen?
What have you done in the past to fix the crash ?

please provide those details

Cheers
Ash

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/280765-help-windows-vista-acer-laptop-trouble.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi. My father has a Samsung S6 and wishes to copy photos from it to a Windows 10 laptop.

When I visited him recently we were able to copy photos from his S6 to his Windows 10 desktop PC without any issues (with phone connected to PC USB port). But we couldn't manage to copy them to his new laptop, a HP Pavilion x360 (Windows 10).

We searched Google and tried a few suggestions (updating drivers for S6 via Device Manager, and uninstalling S6 > restarting HP x360 > reinstalling S6) but with no success (when S6 was connected to HP x360 there was always yellow triangle with exclamation mark next to HP icon in 'Devices and drives' in 'This PC')

Any advice would be very appreciated.

A:Having trouble copying photos from Samsung S6 to Windows 10 laptop

Can you take the SD card out and copy from there.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/44922-having-trouble-copying-photos-samsung-s6-windows-10-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there,
I recently acquired a new Lenovo laptop (with Windows 8) and transferred all of my files onto it. However, when I am attempting to play either Ultimate and Final Doom, or Doom 2 (Windows 1995 games), I am encountering problems upon launching the game. Just before the game loads, I am presented with the following message:
"Doom95 was unable to access the video card - check your DirectX installation! ( Error 100 ) "
I looked online for a solution, but I cannot find anything specific, although I see that adjusting the resolution may work. When adjusting to any resolution, however, I am still facing the same error. Would it be possible to get around it somehow? *Note that I was able to play the games previously on Windows 7.
Any help/advice offered would be greatly appreciated!
~Trav.~

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trouble-playing-doom-95-with-windows-8-laptop.1116538/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi guys I bought a refurb Lenovo laptop and while I like it a lot on getting Lenovo Windows to properly 7 work Trouble laptop I wonder if the hardware is not really playing nicely with Windows It's a T laptop Intel Core i processor i - M with dual-core Intel Centrino Advanced-N GB Ram Installed my own SSD Samsung GB I am basically having svchost high CPU usage and RAM Since this has threads it seems to be hogging of the threats all the time hence the CPU is at rather than the classic Windows update as well infinitely checks for updates Tried to install dotNet so I can use the Lenovo system update to get the drives and that too just hags during installation after the download is complete I Trouble getting Windows 7 to properly work on Lenovo laptop have a feeling is this svchost problem But what is the problem The svchost hogging starts after the fresh install of Win What can I do to diagnose edit I decided to format again everything and keep watching task manager to see Trouble getting Windows 7 to properly work on Lenovo laptop when something abrupt happens Everything was fine until I introduced the CD key and activated windows As soon as that happens svchost system stays at on thread and the RAM ussage went from k to over GB while I was watching it Trouble getting Windows 7 to properly work on Lenovo laptop in the span of a few minutes

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/392781-trouble-getting-windows-7-properly-work-lenovo-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I was going to format one of my partitions and install windows on it and save the data on the other partition But now I having trouble with it saying quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk The selected disk is of the GPT partition style It says the same on all of them Here s how it looks Name Total Size Free Space Type Disk Partition SYSTEM MB MB SYSTEM Disk Partition MB MB MSR Reserved Disk Unallocated Space GB GB Disk Partition DATA style. installing laptop: Disks windows on GPT partition is Trouble GB GB Primary Disk Partition Recovery GB GB OEM Reserved The thing is that Trouble installing windows on laptop: Disks is GPT partition style. I really need to save the files on Partition DATA but unfortanely I clicked format on quot Disk Unallocated Space quot where I had windows installed So now I can t get into windows and transfer those files to an external harddrive or other computer etc So is there any way I could install windows on the quot Disk Unallocated Space quot and still save my data on quot Disk Partition DATA quot

A:Trouble installing windows on laptop: Disks is GPT partition style.

Download Macrium Reflect backup software or any other bacup software you prefer. Download an rescue ISO where you can boot from and make backups. Backup the data you don't want to lose!! I think at least partition DATA. Report back when done successfully

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/348397-trouble-installing-windows-laptop-disks-gpt-partition-style.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My husband bought me a brand new laptop from Best Buy and also recently purchased an iPod touch for me Trouble iTunes new laptop Windows 9 7 installing running brand on for Mother's day I had downloaded iTunes on my old laptop before getting this new one the old computer was running Windows XP and I did not encounter any problems installing iTunes amp using it to get my Touch started I wish to install iTunes on the new computer to use for playing storing and burning CDs but when the download is complete and I start going through the installation process at the very end of it all I get Trouble installing iTunes 9 on brand new laptop running Windows 7 an error message saying that the installer detected an error and the installation could not be completed and then something about try installing later I would have copied Trouble installing iTunes 9 on brand new laptop running Windows 7 and pasted the message but I am in a bit of a hurry and I don't have time to sit through the whole download again to get the message Anyway I can follow directions but if anyone has any help to offer please put the information in lamens terms I'm very familiar with computers and other forms of technology but after wasting all day trying to solve this on my own I just want someone who can help to give me the simple steps to solve this problem so I can get iTunes up and running Thanks Jenna

A:Trouble installing iTunes 9 on brand new laptop running Windows 7

Redownload the Installer. It's probably corrupt.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/91023-trouble-installing-itunes-9-brand-new-laptop-running-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a N-Router system, and an HP Laptop, and they were working fine up until last night when I was trying to get my DSi onto my router. I was changing things blindly and I guess I didn't change something back. I don't know what I did, or even if I did anything. My laptop says there is a connection, although it won't connect to it, so I think the settings are messed up, but i've tried changing the settings over and over again.

I am using Windows 7, and I very much suck when it comes to computer terms when talking about them. Sorry.

I have a WNR2000 router.

Thank you. Tommy

Relevancy 43.43%

I recently purchased an ASUS A DG-EHFX to take over for my wife's Win ASUS K IJ-BBZ both are -bit Obviously getting Windows up and running out of the box was a breeze Configuring WLAN connectivity was Win7 trouble working New laptop, files/settings xferring from laptop also New laptop, trouble xferring files/settings from working Win7 laptop easy even though I have a hidden SSID and access control on devices on the router Even getting Office up and running was fine - just uninstalled from the old computer downloaded an installer file from Microsoft using the product key and that was fine The one hiccup has been getting my files and configuration settings such as browser history and passwords and cookies from the old computer to the new I have read that one can run Windows Easy Transfer on a Win machine which I did to an external HD then copy the migwiz and migration folders from the system subfolder of the Win machine to somewhere on the new machine and run the migwiz exe program from the migwiz folder This appeared to quot know what it was doing quot - it identified the user profiles captured in the transfer data and allowed me to select which ones to transfer But when the process completed I can't find any of the files from the Win laptop and I can't see any of the profiles and configurations - the files themselves or evidence that the computer is accessing them Also the old laptop had a C D HD partition as does this and it was pretty much program files on C and data docx and xlsx files etc on the D partition After running migwiz the new computer still has usage of D Without buying or using new software what's the easiest way to rectify this I'll happily manually copy folders from the old Win to the new Win as long as I know where they're supposed to go It would be great though if the quot run migwiz exe quot advice worked as well for me as it has for many who've recommended the approach

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/62443-new-laptop-trouble-xferring-files-settings-working-win7-laptop.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello all,

Hoping someone else has witnessed this problem, here it is:

I have a new (3-days old) HP ZE-4800 laptop and my problem is that the cursor seems to jump to other parts of the screen by itself and sometimes even opens up new dialog boxes, web pages, etc. I have been surfing the net and the next thing I know, the START menu has opend up, or the the browser has gone to the previous page I was viewing. HP support website didnt seem to have any info on this problem. If anyone can help, it would truly be appreciated, my other option is to take it back to the store for a refund, which I would rather not do.

STATS: HP ZE-4800, Win XP operating sys, addition 512 RAM added
All other hardware/software stock from HP

Thanks in advance for any help you folks can provide.

Mike G.

A:New HP Laptop Trouble

I see that the computer has a touchpad. It could have a loose connection or be going bad. On the other hand I have heard of people accidently hitting the pad with their thumbs when they are typing causing the curser on the screen to move and screens to open, Etc. You may be able to turn the pad off in the computer bios. to see if the problem stops. If so then you will neeed to see if the problem is your typing or the pad. BOL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-hp-laptop-trouble.256714/
Relevancy 39.13%

Don t know if this is the right forum but it seems appropriate I have an HP Pavilion dv laptop Laptop HP trouble I bought for college a little more than a year ago so warranty is expired What a piece of garbage I sorely regret buying it because it s been nothing but trouble but it was cheap and I was strapped for cash and in desperate need of a laptop at the time Never going with HP again for anything On to my problem HP Laptop trouble While the lid is closed the laptop will sometimes turn itself off When this happens the power button will not turn the system back on This has happened about five times now HP Laptop trouble and each HP Laptop trouble time I ve been able to get it back on but not without removing the battery several times and plugging the cord back in several times Any ideas what s causing this I really need this laptop for my coursework so if it s on its way out and there s a way it can be fixed I d like to know nbsp

A:HP Laptop trouble

What OS are you using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-trouble.903598/
Relevancy 39.13%

I set up password on my note book HP omnibook 900, but after reboot, I entered my set up pass, but pass it was incorrect.

I am looking for way How can I clear up the password, please tell me Thanks

when I take out battery, pass always It stays.

A:I have trouble with my Laptop...

Are you on about a User password when you get to the login screen, or a Bios password?

If bios, try goin to your manufacturers website and see if they have got a Backdoor BIOS Password.The backdoor password is a BIOS password that works, no matter what the user sets the BIOS password to.

Here are a list of passwords for different Bios:

AMI Backdoor BIOS Passwords

Reported AMI backdoor BIOS passwords include A.M.I., AAAMMMIII, AMI?SW , AMI_SW, BIOS, CONDO, HEWITT RAND, LKWPETER, MI, and PASSWORD.
Award Backdoor BIOS Passwords

One reported Award backdoor BIOS password is eight spaces. Other reported Award backdoor BIOS passwords include 01322222, 589589, 589721, 595595, 598598 , ALFAROME, ALLY, ALLy, aLLY, aLLy, aPAf, award, AWARD PW, AWARD SW, AWARD?SW, AWARD_PW, AWARD_SW, AWKWARD, awkward, BIOSTAR, CONCAT, CONDO, Condo, condo, d8on, djonet, HLT, J256, J262, j262, j322, j332, J64, KDD, LKWPETER, Lkwpeter, PINT, pint, SER, SKY_FOX, SYXZ, syxz, TTPTHA, ZAAAADA, ZAAADA, ZBAAACA, and ZJAAADC.
Phoenix Backdoor BIOS Passwords

Reported Phoenix BIOS backdoor passwords include BIOS, CMOS, phoenix, and PHOENIX.
Backdoor BIOS Passwords from Other Manufacturers

Remember that what you see listed may not be the actual backdoor BIOS password, this BIOS password may simply have the same checksum as the real backdoor BIOS password. For Award BIOS, this checksum is stored at F000:EC60.

Or you can try and reset Bios, which will put the password back to default. Do this by either taking the cmos battery out for about 10 mins, or moving the jumper on the motherboard (if it has one) It should say clr_cmos. This is the quicker way which will take about 30 secs.

Regards Jase

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-trouble-with-my-laptop.88150/
Relevancy 39.13%

My cousins laptop was acting up on her It trouble with laptop Having was being slow and it would freeze She installed a new anti-virus since the one she had didn t seem to be doing its job I decided to help her out w her laptop and try to run it on safe mode but it wouldn t let me It would Having trouble with laptop freeze as seconds after Having trouble with laptop I would press the button to go on safe mode Also tried safe mode w networking but it would do the same thing I had to turn it of and decided Having trouble with laptop to log on the regular way Since other people were in the room and we were talking I turn my back on the laptop and minutes later when I turn around and moved the mouse it was shutting down It said that their was a blue screen the pretty much said that an error had occur and for protection it was shutting down We left her house but she was able to turn it back on and left her anti-virus and malware running before she left The next morning she calls me to tell me her PC had gone into system repair and she didn t know what to do Her PC tried to fix itself but couldnt and she needed to load the files herself I tried to see if she could get access to system restore point but she can t I ve tried everything except command promt and my last choice being reinstalling everything She has files she really needs and if I do that all her information would be lost Is their a way I can save all her files from her hardrive onto another one even though I can log on Is there a way around all this w out deleting her files that I might have miss nbsp

A:Having trouble with laptop

You have a few options, but your first has got to be to save your cousin's information/files.

Depending on how technical you are you can download Ubuntu Live CD, write it to a disk and then boot from that CD and transfer your cousin's files to a pendrive or something. (Mobile phone too)

Or, you can take the hard disk out of your cousin's laptop and connect it to another computer using an IDE/SATA to USB cable.

Once you have saved your cousin's files then we can talk about fixing it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-trouble-with-laptop.929733/
Relevancy 39.13%

I tried to install Windows XP on a laptop and i think the laptop doesnt have the requirements. So I burned a copy of Windows 98 from a P2p, however since i cleaned the harddrive, when i reset the computer there is no way to enter into the bios and it says invalid partition.
And also everything got really small the text and what you can view.. thanks

A:laptop trouble...

The bios seem to be missing any suggestions..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/laptop-trouble-74844.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

I have just encountered a problem. It is an E-Machine. I have had no problems until a few days ago. When I get to the login screen everything is fine but as soon as I press the icon to load up my profile it takes like 5 minutes to totally finishing up booting. I have ran msconfig I only have like three things starting up. I have ran Norton , Microsoft AnitSpyware, and have not found anything wrong. I am just wondering if anyone can help me figure out what is going on. Any hints or suggestions are appreciated.

Mitch

A:Laptop trouble.

hi take a look what nortons is doing this could be the cause of you trouble.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/24632/laptop-trouble/
Relevancy 39.13%

Im sorry if this is in the wrong board.

I think my laptop has just died, Im on my PC now if your wondering how im posting this. What happened is that i kept ongetting power dump or somthing randomly so I pressed the shutdown button, so i kept on turning it off and retrying (lasted for a couple of hours and would be fine), happened again about an hour ago so i turned it off, then it now windows won't load. When i turn it on it shows intel then goes to a black screen, I hanvn't got anyfiles important on it so I don't mind if I lose anything, and i don't really wanna pay someone to fix it. The laptop model is Medion (somthing or other) and it's windows XP, I would really appreciate it if anyone know how to fix it.

Thanks alot

Tom

Relevancy 39.13%

Toshiba Satellite laptop. Windows XP. 448 ram, Celeron 410, 74 G harddrive with 54 G free space. Cleared 2 viruses and 2 Trojans, but laptop still shuts down after about 10-15 minutes. Fan seems to be working. Tried running battery clear out and re-plugging in cord. Any suggestions I might try? (Yesterday after removing the two Trojans through McAfee, it stayed on for about 2 hours, then shut down. McAfee had said "green board". Today it only lasted 15 min before it shut down.)

A:laptop trouble

Please click here to download and install the HijackThis installer.​
Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

Do not fix anything​

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-trouble.855258/
Relevancy 39.13%

I had problems with my laptop crashing and couldnt install xp back again due to file missing errors etc I took out the hard drive and ran sea tools which told me the drive was bust I got a new hard drive and the install of windows went just fine Trouble HELP! Laptop HDD I ran the backup cd with all the drivers on and that was that Until i tried to use it It just crashes none stop same as before Now it wil not go past Laptop HDD Trouble HELP! the postscreen with the hdd installed If i remove it then i can access bios etc and the machine runs fine trying to boot from cdrom and network I have replaced the following with brand new stuff Hard Drive Memory CPU DVD-ROM Do i have a faulty motherboard here Only thing i have not replaced and i am stil geting the same error I did notice the hard drive i took out had jumpers set to cable select so i tried this and every other combination but the furthest i got was getting into the bios with no hard drive found Need help surely the mobo aint duff i had this all working at one point lol Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop HDD Trouble HELP!

i have just ran the windows 7 disc and it went perfect upto the hard drive options - really struggling here with this. Could it be the hdd connector on the mobo???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-hdd-trouble-help.938965/
Relevancy 39.13%

I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my laptop. I think it is a virus but dont know how to get rid of it. My virus protector will not delete it or scan for some reason. Also I tried taking off the virus protector and putting another on and it wont let me take it off. The laptop wont defrag or go back to another time. I also took off all my pictures and tried to bring the laptop back to factory settings and cant do that either. Any ideas???? It still works but my internet is very slow and the wi fi for everyone else in the house is very fast.

Well, a "virus protector" (aka anti-virus software) that will not uninstall is usually the "virus" itself. There are a lot of softwares being foisted onto people as anti-virus that are actually malware. What is the name of the "virus protector" ?

Can you run a System Restore? Sometimes this is a way to dodge the bullet for malware removal, which can take some time and requires assistant from an expert.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-trouble-671586.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Please help!!

When I switch my laptop on it boots as far as start menu and switches itself off before I can even click the start menu to adjust settings. Is this a virus or a more serious hardware problem

PS. I have tried Safe mode boot up and all other options available through pressing F10 and all result in the same thing. I have also tried to repair windows through boot cd and once again it switches computer off.

A:Laptop Trouble

I have also tried to repair windows through boot cd and once again it switches computer off.:If this is the case then it leads me to believe that it is a hardware issue. Perhaps overheating due to a defective or inoperative fan, or dust accumilation inside the computer maybe. Or it could be due to defective RAM. If there are two pieces of RAM you could always remove one and see if this issue persists. If it does, swap the pieces and try again. This would identify which piece of RAM is defective, if any. On a laptop RAM is usally accessable from the underside.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/48619/laptop-trouble/
Relevancy 39.13%

In two opportunities the laptop get hot so much and the screen is black, wihtout vision. A technician said me that these laptop model has a trouble with a piece o item that cause this situation. I need help in order to repair here en venezuela where I live. thanks

A:I have trouble with my laptop

AMD processor or Intel? Yes the dv9000 has many problems that are not easy to fix. The motherboard generally needs to be repaired or replaced. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-have-trouble-with-my-laptop/td-p/5594780
Relevancy 39.13%

Didn't know what Laptop d TRouble area to post this so I stuck it in here I Laptop TRouble d was on my laptop advent when the screen went black but I could still here the fans and whatnot I waited a bit but eventually turned it off by holding down the power button When I turned it back on the fans started but the screen stayed black Briefly the screen went white with a mix of grey It then went black again with weird blue glitchy lines flickering across the screen At this point I was like WTF My Laptop TRouble d laptop has turned itself off before but nothing this worrying has happened When I try and turn it on now all I get is a black screen with the fans on and the power light turns on I can leave it like this for ages nothing happens the little light with a cylinder picture turned on briefly once What can I do I'm uaing Vista I think Any help is appreciated

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/260338-laptop-trouble-d.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a Satellite M40 from Toshiba and I recently dropped it while trying to pick it up
It fell appox. 6 inches and now when I turn the power on it shows me a BsD with the error "Unmountable Boot Volume". I restarted it and put in the XP CD and did chkdsk /p to try and fix the problem but it says 'One or unrecoverable errors'. Next, I try and to use the recovery CD that came with the laptop but it gets to 75% and shows an error. I don't know what's wrong, maybe my HDD wiped? Someone please help!

A:Laptop Trouble

Two possibilities:

1) You shook the hard drive hard enough for the reader head to scratch the physical disk, which probably means that you need a new hard drive.

2) The installation errors may be caused by faulty/unseated or an overheating cpu memory.

Chances are you just scratched the Hard Drive. So you're pretty much screwed if you had anything valuable on that drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-trouble.511904/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello I am on my Big Trouble Little Laptop on desktop seeking help Big Trouble on Little Laptop for my laptop which is under seige and I can t even get online with it It s been Big Trouble on Little Laptop acting up for the last week or two but in the last day or two it s gone berzerk I ve been getting pop up ads and the laptop has been freezing up forcing a restart for but today it s completely crashed and is now when it allows me to start up at all throwing up messages apparently from my XP security telling me there are trojans and viruses attacking the system threating all sorts of mayhem and directing me to a site that wants to sell me the solution I m assuming it s all part of the scam trying to get me to pay out to the same people who have created the problem It all appears to be coming from legit XP security onboard my laptop but I don t know what to do next HELP Again I need a solution which I can address from my desktop cuz the laptop can t even get online at the moment Thanks for any help Kenny nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

So I have Windows and a few days or a week ago the laptop automatically did this huge update I wouldn't know what updates it could have possibly made aside from changing Skype to a new colour and making it impossible to log in From the update until now what would happen is that it would be on is log much laptop? my to Why into it trouble so the screen that shows the time and what-not when you first open the laptop Then normally you click and it brings up where you put in your password So before today instead of the password boxing poping up there would just be nothing Just the wallpaper and that's it It would stay that way for a while then it Why is it so much trouble to log into my laptop? would go back to where it shows the time what-not Then I'd try it again the same thing would happen and then eventually the password box would show So today I can log in fine but then I keep getting the message quot We can't sign into your account This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in If you don't sign out now any files you create or Why is it so much trouble to log into my laptop? changes you make will be lost quot So all my files aren't there the wallpaper is default etc I should just be able to log out and back in or restart the laptop but this keeps happening Something like this used to happen before the update where I would log in and randomly everything would be gone Usually it would all come back after restarting but I don't know why this happens in the first place

A:Why is it so much trouble to log into my laptop?

As an update, I have been able to log in now with all my files, but this probably isn't going to be the last that this happens.
(I made an account after making the post)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438272-why-so-much-trouble-log-into-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 39.13%

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite. I've only had it for about a year, and it keeps having problems. I am sending it for repairs soon, but I'd like to know if there is anyway I could fix the problems. I have Norton Anti-virus. It has worked for quite a while, but now, it is just unusable.
These problems are:
-on start up, the computer will allow me to log in, but once it gets to the desktop, I cannot load any programs.
-it runs very slowly with everything (right now, I can only open the start menu and such)
-it overheats

I am currently running it in safe mode with a malware search going. I'd like to know if there is anything I can do.
Any help is appreciated. =)

A:Laptop trouble.

not sure if you need to send it away for repairs ,i will address the overheating and say purchase a can of compressed air and blow out fan and heatsinc for starters ,
then i would post in the am i infected section ,for the other problems sound virus/trojan related,good luck
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/464286/laptop-trouble/
Relevancy 39.13%

when i boot my laptop i get a warning box with "runtime error" in it. I just close the box and get another warning then i close that box and it's okay...what can i do to clean it up?

A bit more detail on what the messages actually say, and details of which version of windows and the make and model of the laptop would help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-trouble.278739/
Relevancy 39.13%

I won a notebook computer and i am not sure about these warning boxes that pop up when i turn it on. It is an ACER straight from Tiawan an not too many people around here know about them.
The first box is titled "Od Host" and has a red X inside the box with this message:
xcocreate Instance
Failed
status is 0x80040154

then when i x that another box comes us that reads:
"Runtime error" and inside the box:
Program:...
wireless-G Notebook Adapter with speedbooster/WPC54cfg.exe

abnormal program termination
and an OK box

Does anyone know what this is?
If i x them i can use the computer normally - but it just started that......
thank you for any help!
Patty

A:laptop trouble - please help

Did you get any software with it, such as a system restore disk? Have you run virus and spyware scans? Can you post more on the configuration and operating system details? Is the wireless built in or could it be that they were using a pcmcia card for wireless that they didn't include with the machine?

If you got a system restore cd, might be good to just run it and have a clean system - getting rid of whatever problems the previous owner bequeathed ya.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-trouble-please-help.281336/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have an Acer Aspire 5630

I was using my laptop on a table, turned it off and went to sleep, woke up the next morning and turned it on but it was loading correctly, so i turned it off and back on. After i had turned it on it started up, but the the screen was on the right of my lcd, and there was a blank strip on the side. but i could see everthing on the screen while i was logging in and in the bois, but it was just on the left of the screen. If not solved soon i will upload a picture. I didnt know if this was a hardware or software problem.

Would be accept any help.
Thanks

Relevancy 39.13%

I have had trouble with strange noise on my laptop after realtek update I taught I resolved the problem by going trouble Laptop to download from microsoft website Again after failed update download of Quicktime and Itune The sound Laptop trouble is not working proprely I run windows XP service pack VAIO laptop year old Here is the hijack results Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe Laptop trouble C WINDOWS system services exe Laptop trouble C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak Utilities PTS Kodak Picture Transfer Service exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL VAIO VEDB Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Utimaco SafeGuard PrivateDisk pdservice exe C WINDOWS system ICO EXE C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak Utilities PTS Kodak Picture Transfer exe C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avcenter exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avscan exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www club-vaio com en R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shar... Read more

Relevancy 39.13%

One day, all of a sudden, the screen on my laptop stopped working.

The thing is though, when I push down the little rubber switch that usually turns the monitor on and off, the monitor flicks on for about half a second then turns off again.

I currently have it hooked to a regular computer monitor...

I was wondering if you knew how/if I could fix this.

Relevancy 39.13%

I just tried turning on my dell latitude c 640 laptop but after it says windows is starting only my background picture pops up no short cuts or anything. what do i do to fix this? thanks, Mike.

Explorer may have failed to load. I'm not sure what would cause it, but it should be able to be fixed by doing a Ctrl+Alt+Delete to access Task Manager, then select File > New Task or Run, then type in explorer.exe. That should work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-trouble-515035.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Please help Between my desktop and my laptop I'm being driven mad Here is the hijackthis logfile Logfile Laptop My With Too Trouble of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT System Ati evxx exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Trouble With My Laptop Too Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC Program Files GlobeSoft MultiNetwork Manager NTx GSBootTimeSrv exeC PROGRA Compaq COMPAQ hibserv exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINNT system Trouble With My Laptop Too regsvc exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system PRPCUI exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Compaq Hotkey Software hkss exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC WINNT system ltmsg exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC WINNT System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite LaunchApplication exeC Program Files GlobeSoft MultiNetwork Manager NTX MNMCtrl exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files Office Backup obagent exeC WINNT system ctfmon exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BINC Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINNT explorer exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC WINNT system NOTEPAD EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run PRPCMonitor PRPCUI exeO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run hkss C Program Files Compaq Hotkey Software hkss exeO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run LTWinModem ltmsg exe O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINNT System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run PCSuiteTrayApplication C Pro... Read more

A:Trouble With My Laptop Too

Welcome again bassmanuk You?ve got AVG7 Antivirus and Avast4 installed.Not a good idea to have more than one antivirus program installed on your computer. Each program may interpret the actions of the other as viral, therefore giving you false virus warnings about virus-related activities.It could also lead to system slowdowns and other problems within the operating system,due to the two conflicting with each other.You should uninstall one of them as soon as possible via Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs,restart your pc when you?ve done.**********************************Now go to:C:\HijackThis\HijackThis.exeRight click on Hijackthis.exe and select 'Rename', rename it to abc.batDouble click on abc.bat(which is still Hijackthis.exe),post that log into your next reply please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88018/trouble-with-my-laptop-too/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi I have had many problems in the past with this laptop It has gone through a lot and it is about time to get a new booting Trouble laptop HP up laptop However I would like to get as much Trouble booting up HP laptop information off the hard drive as possible Sadly the laptop has not been able to boot up reliantly It usually would be able to boot up normally but now sometimes it will not even power on upon pressing the power button When it does the screen stays black the LED lights come on but nothing happens No noise is emitted from the laptop either no fan noise or anything I've tried hooking up the laptop to my external monitor but that did not help at all The oddest part of this is that it was fine working just about four to Trouble booting up HP laptop five hours ago If anyone has any insight it'd be pretty helpful right now The laptop is a HP Pavilion Entertainment PC dv Thanks ahead of time

A:Trouble booting up HP laptop

If the intent is to retrieve files from the hard drive...remove it and attach it as a secondary drive to another system...and move the data files desired.

After that...you can attempt to troubleshoot system issues.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508541/trouble-booting-up-hp-laptop/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have a Dell 1100 Inspirion laptop & can't use it, an error states that I have a bad image & winsrv.dll is not valid. It also advised me to check my installation disk. I have Windows XP Home Edition. Can you help me boot my windows so I can try to fix the problem. All I have is a blue screen with the error messages everytime I tried to turn on my laptop. Please help... I have a project due from school next week. Also all my notary and the law office that I work is stored in my laptop.

Relevancy 38.7%

I have vista on a Dell XPS M1530 Laptop, and lately its having some troubles. it seems i got some corrupt files. when starting the computer it says somthing like "some files are corrupt and unreadable /users/desktop/ use chkdsk"
After looking it up on some sites, i ran chkdsk. when doing so chkdsk would pop up and close itself. if i run it as admin it would stay up untill it ran and said i got corrupt files and could not continue in read-only mode. i tried doing 3 or 4 methods some sites said but it wouldnt work cuase it would require chkdsk to start up when the computer starts. since it wouldnt i couldnt get it to work.

This may not be a solution, im not sure. just wondering if someone can help.

A:Dell Laptop Trouble

Do you have a recovery disc ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-trouble.838409/
Relevancy 38.7%

My first post. Im no Geek God. Just a frightened mortal carbon unit.

I have a Sony vaio laptop that a friend gave me. Its PIII, 600 mhz, with cd/dvd drive, floppy drive, modem, etc. Its now running win2000 pro which had been upgraded over the OEM win98se. Just one hard drive, no partitions. It severely needs a fresh os install.

I have my own retail full version of win2000 pro.

When I do the fresh install of the retail win2000 pro, will it recognize the laptop hardware? Or am I asking for a lot of driver misery?

I just know enough to be dangerous. I'll donate for your help!

franz11

Relevancy 38.7%

Hello,

here's my problem: My laptop is a hp windows7 system which is no longer guaranteed in unbootable. I had the Blue screen "unmountable boot volume" error, after that screen the computer will reboot and is stuck in that loop . I decided to F11 "HP recovery" a window pop's up "Startup research problems on your pc ... attempt to repair ...) and it lasts forever (all night) So I. turned it off, rebooted, but now after "press the ESC key for Startup menu" screen it restarts itself and it keeps looping too. Thanks in advance to those who can help me .

A:Trouble booting laptop

Hi,

Have you seen this? It could help you. Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/319652-trouble-booting-laptop.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I have a toshiba lap top it has windows 7 on it I also have a HP deskjet printer f2100 series I can not get it to print because it says that the printer does not support the windows 7 how can I get this to working?

A:trouble with printer to my laptop

not listed in the compatibility site
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/co...aspx?l=en-us&type=Hardware&s=HP deskjet F2100

can only find 2 on HP US website http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/support-drivers.html
HP Deskjet F2180 All-in-One Printer
HP Deskjet F2187 All-in-One Printer
they both have full windows 7 software

Have you tried to install the drivers - HP printer often do not like being connected until the driver is installed and the driver asks you to connect the printer

do you have the exact model ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-printer-to-my-laptop.1057396/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello,
Don't know if this is the right place for this post. I'm running through a router. Main desktop pc plugged in with ethernet cable. My laptop connects wirelessly. No problems with this as both of these pcs run fast. We have a border who also has a laptop that connects wirelessly. When he gets home from work and starts his up, ours slow down to a crawl sometimes. Is there a way to control this? Our main pc is for work so slow speeds are not good. Thanks,
John

A:Wireless Laptop trouble

Quote: Originally Posted by jsmoline

Hello,
Don't know if this is the right place for this post. I'm running through a router. Main desktop pc plugged in with ethernet cable. My laptop connects wirelessly. No problems with this as both of these pcs run fast. We have a border who also has a laptop that connects wirelessly. When he gets home from work and starts his up, ours slow down to a crawl sometimes. Is there a way to control this? Our main pc is for work so slow speeds are not good. Thanks,
John

No doubt he is the farthest away from the router. There are apps that let you limit (or throttle) he bandwidth, which may help with the limited resources.
search google for them

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/86289-wireless-laptop-trouble.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I have a compaq presario v6000 laptop. It has been working fine until yesterday. I went to turn it on and nothing showed on the monitor but the lights came on. After about 10 or 15 seconds, it will completely turn off then power right back up with still nothing on the monitor and lights again. Until I hold the power button down to turn it off, it will continue to do this over and over again all by itself. Is there anyone who can help me??

A:Trouble starting my Laptop

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

For starters, try this: remove the battery out of the laptop, make sure you are NOT connected to any kind of power. After removing the battery, hold the powerbutton for about 10-15 seconds. This will make sure the laptop is completely powerless, at the same time it is giving the bios a small reset.

After that, reinsert the battery and turn the computer on again. If this does not work, please report back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/trouble-starting-my-laptop-689797.html
Relevancy 38.7%

As I posted above I ve been having a lot of difficulty fixing my Laptop Trouble[not overheating] laptop The problem I m having is that in random moments in time my laptop with decide to Laptop Trouble[not overheating] shut off on it own This Laptop Trouble[not overheating] is not a overheating problem and the way I know so is because when I have a program such as Ableton Live running in the background my laptop will not shut off whether I m typing notes or playing games What I ve tried -I ve swapped out the hard drive -Installed a fresh copy of windows -Changed the ram -nearly beaten my laptop to a pulp from over frustration If no one can help with with a solution then I will have to send my laptop to ASUS and be without a laptop for a month maybe more and this Laptop Trouble[not overheating] thing is my life so I d prefer not to go without it I have an ASUS u e-xr -intel i - gb ram - gb hd Please help me with this this is the first time I ve come across an issue that I have been unable to solve regarding computers and its driving me crazy nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

My Thinkpad R51will not charge the battery. I have found out that nothing is wrong with either the battery or the charger, because when I put my battery in another laptop I can charge it and then my computer can run off just the charged battery. Also, with another working charger my computer will not charge the battery, so somehow my computer will not simply not charge. Any ideas?

Relevancy 38.7%

Okay I am going crazy here I have a year old bought brand new Toshiba Satelite -S It is GB Ram Not sure about the processor speed It just went out of warranty in June Story of my life I do not go on the internet often on this at all and I did always update and run my virus scan so I do not think that Toshiba Laptop Trouble...help! is the problem I just usually did my graphic work on it Well it started out hanging up and the ONLY thing you could do was hold the button down and reboot I only do that if it is my only alternative Eventually it would make my cursor freeze up and freeze Toshiba Laptop Trouble...help! the whole computer I would have to hold down the button again So I decided to reformat Toshiba Laptop Trouble...help! Big Pain with all the graphics I have on it but I do back up all the time We have three desktops so I have the stuff I put in the restore disks and it woudl hang up everytime I had to try this repeatedly over and over and finally it worked So I started again from scratch and was going to put stuff back on and low and behold it did that exact same thing Freezing up Then I turned it on and it gave me a black screen and said lt windows root gt system hal dll was missing It said reinstall it but there was no going to safe mode or anything Just this black screen So after repeated attempts I reformatted again to see if it did something wrong the first time This time the reformat worked although it took some time to get it to read the disk and start it cause it was only giving me the black screen It did it just fine and I restarted again hoping all the bad stuff was behind me Alas it was on minutes and it hung up freezing again I had to turn it off Sometimes when I hold down the button to turn it on it just makes a little click sound and nothing happens Sometimes it would turn on and of course still mess up within a minute or two Now it will not turn on AT ALL I have tried and tried Sometimes it will be sitting there and I will hear the fan kick on Doesn't that mean it is on But there is absolutely nothing on the screen Not even black Is there anything I can do or is it shot I am so lost without but so tried of messing with it Thanks for reading my novel Mendy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/toshiba-laptop-trouble-help-7290.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi!! I have a problem with my Gateway Solo 1450 Notebook. Ever since I brought the computer up from standby about 3 weeks ago, I have had a problem with the screen. There is this thin, blue line that divides the screen in half, it runs from top to bottom, and it is a big distraction. This line is always there, especially when the screen is darker. I do not see any cracks or breaks on the screen, but I can't figure out why it does this. I have had the computer for exactly 3 years. How can I fix this problem?
Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-lcd-screen-trouble.33077/
Relevancy 38.7%

I Just Installed Skype On My Laptop. I Have Iton My Regular Computer And It Works Fine. Im Trying To Let People Hear Audio From My Laptop When I Call Them Using Skype. The Problem Is When I Call Them They Cant Hear The Audio. It Works Fine On My Other Computer But Not My Laptop. Any Suggestions. I Have A Compaq Using Windows Vista.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-trouble-with-skype-on-my-laptop.609369/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have been having trouble with the touch pad on my laptop. the mouse will not move and when it does it only makes the screen zoom in and out.

A:Trouble with the mouse on my laptop

Welcome to the HP Support Community @Jenallie10,  I read your post and I gather that you are having an issue with the TouchPad on your HP Notebook - 15-f272wm. You had said the TouchPad does not move and when it does it only lets you zoom in and out.  Have you tried to connect an external mouse and see if it happens also?Have you tried to see if it happens in Safe Mode?Have you done any Windows Updates?Have you tried using the HP Support Assistant? Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver on your Notebook? If not, please follow the steps below.  Type in Search, "Device Manager", Click On Device Manager,Expand Mice and other pointing devices,  Right Click on the TouchPad, Click on Uninstall,Restart the Notebook twice, Reinstall the TouchPad Adapter.Have you tried to Update the TouchPad drivers manually? If not, please follow the steps below. Type in Search, "Device Manager", Click On Device Manager,Expand Mice and other pointing devices,Right Click on the TouchPad, Click on Update Driver Software, Restart your Notebook. The best document I have for TouchPad issues is the Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad or ClickPad document.  Have you tried to test the Hardware to see if it passes the component testing?  If not, please remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues, and then run the Component Test on the Mouse.  Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting.  Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Trouble-with-the-mouse-on-my-laptop/td-p/5692177
Relevancy 38.7%

Okay so I ve had my current laptop for almost three years It s a gateway MX quot GHz Turion X processor GB of RAM blah blah I laptop trouble my opening Having ve been overclocking Having trouble opening my laptop it for about a year now and have noticed that every month the temp on my one core seems to climb while my other core stays cool Example Right now with just this page and MSN open my cores are sitting at C and C So having a TON of experience with desktop computers and their innards I figure I ll pop open Having trouble opening my laptop the laptop clean the HSF out and change the thermal compound to AS Well I took out all the screws and I couldn t get the damn thing open One side omes apart and the other side stays quot locked quot in place I looked for extra screws I missed but am sure there are none Does anyone here have experience opening laptops especially Gateways and know how to get the thing open Thanks for all your help Kyle nbsp

A:Having trouble opening my laptop

I've never opened a gateway, but i have opened a few hp's, an apple, and a dell, and for most of them you need to do a bit of prying to get the casing up. The casing is often locked down by a plastic clip. Insert a thin pocket knife blade, or something similar, into the crack, and slide it along the crack where the two pieces of plastic join. this should pop the little clips apart. Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-opening-my-laptop.123580/
Relevancy 38.7%

I just bought my girlfriend a new HP laptop with Windows 7 and we catch a wireless signal at her house and my work. But, at my place, it doesn't seem to work. I just got a new D-Link wireless router, it's all setup and is working fine, but I can't get her laptop to catch a signal from it. The laptop won't even work when I plug the ethernet cord directly into it either. I've tried everything I can think of and now I'm stumped...can anyone help me on this one?

Relevancy 38.7%

i know i have two viruses. the cwsbootconf and the svchost32 i took down my ad-ware protection so i could work on editing some pictures. I forgot i turned it off and i went on line. I was only online for five min and i got hit by alot of things. i can't get rid of most of them but if any one could help me i would apreciate it. I put the cwshredder log. If anyone can help me out i really would apreciate it.

(EDIT: We need different info.)

A:I am having major trouble with my laptop

Please download HijackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Run a scan and save the log file. Get HijackThis Analyzer and save it to the same folder as the hijackthis.log file. Run HijackThis Analyzer and type in y if you agree. Open up the result.txt file created. Copy the whole result.txt log and post it in the forum. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/i-am-having-major-trouble-with-my-laptop-29614.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi Guys amp On Trouble 7 Installing Win Laptop 64-Bit Gals I m attempting to install a Trouble Installing Win 7 64-Bit On Laptop retail copy of Windows Ultimate -Bit VPCEB FM or quot PCG- L quot on this laptop However this message appears quot A required CD DVD drive device driver is missing If you have a driver floppy disk CD DVD or USB flash drive please insert it now quot The problem is that I cannot find the Intel Series Port SATA AHCI Controller drivers for Windows -Bit to put on a floppy or USB drive I ve combed the Sony website and Google and the only Intel Series Port SATA AHCI Controller Drivers that can be placed on a floppy or USB are for Windows XP Without the TXTSETUP OEM I m dead in the water The -Bit drivers INDOTH- - EXE are for an already installed Windows BTW guys the the BIOS settings on this laptop is as anemic as it gets so there is really no way to optimize there If someone can point me in the right direction for these drivers or other possible suggestions I would be more than grateful Thanks a bunch for any assistance nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

hey can anyone help i got a new toshiba laptop and have reasently RISed it and now i have lost the schools connection to the wap. althought the others seem to be connected fine the new toshiba laptop cannot connect with out a network. how can i add the wireless connection back on to the laptop

pls message back if that made anysence

A:trouble with the laptop connection

You'll have to configure your wireless network settings. To do that you'll need to know if the school is running any security measures on their wireless, what measures they are and they're corresponding access codes. Other than that, ensure that your wireless driver installed properly. Does it show up under network connections? or as a device in device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-the-laptop-connection.29721/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello, I am in need of some assistance. I have been trying to fix a friends laptop and having a difficult time. It's an HP Pavilion with Windows Vista. It has no access to windows anymore because I was doing a recovery using the Recovery Manager and it freezes every time at the 33% mark. I have to shut the computer off and it prompts me to a Windows failed to start. I have the option to run a Ramdisk Options or windows memory diagnostics. I have tried everything I know, I can't figure it out. Is there anyway to fix this?

I really just want to delete everything and reload it all using the recovery disk. I am mostly familiar with Desktop computers so any guidance would be great. I am starting to think its a hardware problem or something. Any help please??

A:Laptop Recovery Trouble!

Does this happen when using the HP Vista recovery DVD? or the recovery partition?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-recovery-trouble-412063.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I've been trying to connect my laptop to my tv in order to watch movies on my tv but i've been having some difficulties. After setting everything up I can get my computer's display to appear on the tv for a split second but then it disappears and the tv's screen turns blue again. My laptop is a Dell Latitude D830 running 32 bit Vista and my tv isn't exactly the newest tv around. The only inputs on my tv are composite rca inputs. I've been using an s video to rca cable to connect the two but again...nothing works so far. I've been looking online for a while and haven't found anything to help solve my problem so any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/204744/trouble-connecting-laptop-to-tv/
Relevancy 38.7%

I am having trouble booting my windows xp laptop. I am in the bootcfg. I cannot get any further.Any bootcfg /rebuild command it states- Failed to scan......use chkdsk to detect errors.
It then displays volume appears ok

c:\> bootcfg /rebuild brings me back to- bootcfg commands for boot configuration ....
This keeps happening over and over.

A:trouble booting laptop

Have you tried a Repair Install using your XP CD?

Doing A Repair Install In Windows XP!
Make sure you have your valid Windows XP key.
The whole process takes about half an hour depending on your computer.

If you are being prompted for the administrator's password, you need to choose the 2nd repair option, not the first.
1. Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD
2. At the second R=Repair option, press the R key
3. This will start the repair
4. Press F8 for I Agree at the Licensing Agreement
5. Press R when the directory where Windows XP is installed is shown. Typically this is C:\WINDOWS
6. It will then check the C: drive and start copying files
7. It will automatically reboot when needed. Keep the CD in the drive.
8. You will then see the graphic part of the repair that is like during a normal install of XP (Collecting Information,

Dynamic Update, Preparing Installation, Installing Windows, Finalizing Installation)
9. When prompted, click on the Next button
10. When prompted, enter your XP key
11. Normally you will want to keep the same Workgroup or Domain name
12. The computer will reboot
13. Then you will have the same screens as a normal XP Install
14. Activate if you want (usually a good idea)
15. Register if you want (but not necessary)
16. Finish
17. At this point you should be able to log in with any existing accounts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-booting-laptop.633016/
Relevancy 38.7%

I posted this issue in the Vista help forum and was instructed to complete the steps before posting and then to visit here I hope I'm in the right forum for this issue If not - I apologize and hope someone will steer my to the correct forum I started having issues with IE a laptop in my trouble on Firefox and seem to be IE few days ago Whenever I would open the browser IE would start opening new tabs on it's own Each new tab shows the quot not found quot message I would have to click on the tabs to close them but they would continually re-open After -- tabs would open and I would close them it seemed to stop Keep in mind it happens every time I open a new window At the same time IE seemed to slow significantly in terms of loading new sites I decided to install Firefox I don't have the tab issues with Firefox but it also loads extremely slow It also freezes for - seconds after loading every page Occasionally the page looks like it's covered with a bright white tint until it begins to function Can anyone shed some light on what's happening I'm posting the main txt and extra txt from the Deckard System scan below I hope that's what I'm supposed to do Thank you very much Deckard's System Scanner v Run by vjgkam on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Windows Update - - UTC - RP - Avira AntiVir Personal - - - UTC - RP - Removed Game Speeder - - UTC - RP - Windows Update - - UTC - RP - Avira AntiVir Personal - -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Scheduled Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows Vista MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows System taskeng exe C Windows System dwm exe C Windows explorer exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System s trayp exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files IE and Firefox seem to be in trouble on my laptop CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files CyberLink Power Go Power GoExpress exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files OLYMPUS OLYMPUS Master MMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Apoint K ApntEx exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger Ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched IE and Firefox seem to be in trouble on my laptop exe C Windows System dllhost exe C Windows System taskeng exe C Users vjgkam Desktop dss exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId IE and Firefox seem to be in trouble on my laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http sports espn go com ncf index R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www everex com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system Userinit exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D-... Read more

A:IE and Firefox seem to be in trouble on my laptop

Ugh, this is getting worse. The laptop is slowing, and when I type it seems to miss every other letter.
I guess no one here can help.
Looks like I'll have to resort to my back up plan and throw it against the wall....kidding.....any help.....please??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/ie-and-firefox-seem-to-be-in-trouble-on-my-laptop-250148.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I have had this HP Pavilion zd for around two years now and have experienced only minor problems with it thus far Currently though the keyboard is acting suspicious It does work but it tends to skip random letters when I m typing as if I never hit the key to begin with Granted once I go back and hit the key again it will work Basically the keyboard is forcing my typing speed to about half of what it is supposed to be which is not going to be good once college begins again in the fall lots of papers coming up It s never just one or a few keys that this glitch favors either It is extremely sporadic and seems to be a software issue more than a hardware issue though I might be wrong I ve already adjusted the Keyboard Sensitivity settings in the Control Panel and that hasn t helped Please help I d like to see what I can do to figure out what is wrong before I send it to someone to open up and fiddle around with the hardware If it s a connectivity issue I d rather not mess with it by myself nbsp

A:Trouble with laptop keyboard

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it!
(This took about two minutes to type, actually. Way slow.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-laptop-keyboard.604717/
Relevancy 38.7%

So as english aint my first language ill start off by apologizing for any spelling errors.

To the problem, BEFORE it would disable (removed win 7 allowing to turn it off to save power seems to have fixed it) and i couldnt re enable it.

now instead of disabling it it just says "network cable not connected" and this can happen anything from once a week to 2 times per evning and its not when i boot up but after a while (1-6 hours later)

Relevancy 38.7%

I have two identical laptops, and about 10 minutes ago my other one failer to boot, on the first screen i could hear a loud clicking coming from the hard drive, and after the first screen, the computer came up with a warning saying "Primary hard disk drive 0 not found
No bootable devices--strike f1 to retry bott, f2 for setup utility"
I have tryed my hard drive in the same computer and it works so i know the problem is on my other hard drive, i have taken it out and looked at it, but there doesnt seem to be anything noticably wrong with it, when i run it in safe mode a warning apperaing saying something roughly like this "windows could not start because hal.dll is either corrupted or removed, please reinstall it". What can i do? Please help.

A:Trouble booting my laptop

When a drive clicks its done, all you can do is try to get your data off it and then replace it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-booting-my-laptop.617013/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have an Asus laptop model x v i think running vista home premium Yes i know its oooolllldd Upon start up I get the normal Asus logo screen and then normally it would go into windows boot up Now all i get is a black screen with a blinking curser nothing else Ive had boot up issues in startup trouble on laptop the past trouble on laptop startup but have always fixed them by booting from disc When i tried this time this is what happens doesnt happen repair your computer System recovery options select an operating system None are avalible Click next anyway Start up repair Cannot repair automatically System restore You must specify which windows installation to restore No backup restoe locations Memory diagnostics tool Problem preventing windows trouble on laptop startup from checking memory upon startup Run tool manually Im at a lose any help would be great as this was my fathers laptop and he reciently passed There is a lot on this laptop that would devistate m eif lost Thanks in advance nbsp

A:trouble on laptop startup

Could you see your partitions when you boot up from DVD ? I want to make sure if your partition table is correct , for example if you had C and D , could you see both of them now in repair or recovery options ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-on-laptop-startup.1065210/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have a DV4 Clevo laptop 4 years old and the battery finally gave up completely. I bought a new battery and the level meter in windows comes up with around 53% charged. Even after some period the battery is simply not charging. I have 20 volts coming from the power supply which appears to work fine. I note that the charging meter on the laptop initially stays orange but after a while turns to green after 12 seconds then back to orange and it just repeats this routine continuously. Any help appreciated

A:Laptop Charging trouble

Many times, this is a broken power jack on the laptop, these are very fragile. They can be replaced, but it requires disassembly of the laptop, and someone that has soldering skills and the tools to work on PCB boards.

Note that if this is the case, any further flexing of the cable can result in a short across the supply and destroy the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-charging-trouble.623116/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi - I am having a consistent issue with a connection to a laptop on our LAN Background We have an informal peer to peer network shared by people in an office - computers total and networked printers We all are on the same workgroup No one else is having any trouble except me We do not use wireless networking I have desktops and laptop and one Ooma voip device connected to a brand new NetGear GS gigabit switch which is in turn connected to a wall port then into a closet when it goes eventually to a LinkSys DSL router The router then connects to daisy-chained Ooma hubs and laptop one Trouble LAN on pinging the the out to our ISP I do not think the issue Trouble pinging one laptop on the LAN is the Ooma setup or anything in Trouble pinging one laptop on the LAN the closet because no one else is having this trouble My laptop can access the internet although it is slow hangs and drops intermittently and most file downloads fail I think the issue is some sort of network configuration issue on my laptop I have been troubleshooting at the level of pinging since everything else has so many variables The problem my PC and PC can ping each other and can be pinged by each other with no problem My desktops can ping my colleagues PCs and laptops and be pinged by those PCs and laptops with no issue Any computer trying to ping my laptop hits the same issue The first or two pings go through then the next one or two will return a quot request timed out quot and then quot host destination unreachable quot will be returned -- from another IP address For instance I will ping the laptop at from my desktop and eventually get a host unreachable from The replying IP address is not visible from the router s DHCP table - it s a phantom IP when I check the arp cache that IP address shows up assigned to the laptop s MAC address and that same MAC address is assigned to Things I ve tried - I tested with static and dynamic IPs - same issue - I tested with the Windows firewall turned off on the desktop and laptop -same issue - I uninstalled AVG from the laptop - same issue so then I reinstalled it - I have plugged my switch into a different wall socket - same issue - I bought a brand new switch - same problem - I used a different router in the closet swapped out original DLink router for a Linksys router - same problem - I switched all my cables - same problem Also - I used a crossover cable to make sure both NICs were OK and the files copied very quickly between laptop and desktop - I ran a full disk check with SpinRite and found no bad sectors on the drive - The NICs are all set to megabyte Full duplex not Auto - latest NIC driver is installed - the Widows networking troubleshooter showed no problems The laptop is a Dell D gig RAM running Windows XP SP with all MS updates installed The NIC is a Broadcom NetXtreme xx gigabit controller The laptop has tons of software installed because it is my primary development machine including SQL Server several versions of Office NET etc I am dealing with this all at the quot ping quot level but the issue first came up because I was quot suddenly quot having trouble mapping to my laptop drive from my desktop seeing very VERY slow file copies to and from the laptop having difficulty downloading an ftp-ing files onto the laptop etc The laptop is very slow browsing the network and frequently seems to just hang or timeout Strangely enough when I am at home using my wireless connection I have no internet performance issues Any ideas I am not a network expert and we have a very simple setup here - no server to complicate matters I have downloaded Wireshark but do not have a clue how to use it I have been looking at Angry IP scanner so I can see what IP addresses are out there I m happy to try any other free tools out there that might help track down the issue This problem has sucked up weeks of time and has had a serious negative impact on my usual work flow If I cannot fix it I will install a new drive and rebuild the lapto... Read more

A:Trouble pinging one laptop on the LAN

My word thats a lot of things tried already. As you mention loads of software/drivers/things are loaded on the laptop?
Assuming the NIC in the laptop is ok could you try the following:

1. Boot the laptop into 'Safe Mode with Networking'. Then test pings/connectivity.

2. Boot up normally but try a Diagnostic....Selective Startup in XP best described by this Microsoft website below. De-select most programs to see if that eliminates the rogue program(s).
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310560.
START---RUN---MSCONFIG to begin this test.

3. Create/burn a HIRENS BOOT CD via
http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd
Then try creating a Mini XP Boot USB. Providing the laptop allows you to change the bios to boot from USB you can load this mini version of XP with Network support on the same laptop without removing the original hardisk and test the NIC works fine without your version of XP SP3 loaded.

4. Try a full scan using all free Spyware checkers on the XP SP3 hardisk. Look at the Security & HJT section of this forum/website for advice on which software to download and scan.

5. Purchase a duplicate hardisk. Probably a 2.5" IDE or SATA hardisk. Replace and try a clean XP install to the new drive. Data(although if corrupted be careful) can be copied from old hardrive via an external 2.5" hardisk caddy. Not that expensive on Amazon, etc,etc.

Let us know if this helps to isolate the issue?

If this problem stays running a mini xp environment then it may be a strange hardware issue with the NIC in the laptop? Bad news if it is part of the motherboard but you can purchase a USB Ethernet Adapter such as the Linksys http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/products/USB300M

Avoid Belkin and D-Link versions of USB Ethernet adapter in my opion!

Good Luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-pinging-one-laptop-on-the-lan.891360/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi all,
I recently purchased a hp g60 laptop with 64bit windows vista sp2 and I use it very often to watch TV shows or movies via the HDMI port to my television. But every time I plug it in it automatically sets the TV as the main monitor and the laptop screen is set as the extended monitor display.
I just go to the display settings and change it around but it's just a hassle and it seems unnecessary..
Thanks for any help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-hdmi-out-from-hp-laptop.869978/
Relevancy 38.7%

My son tried to clean up his laptop and did a disk compression on it and now it will not come back on. He keeps getting the following error code: OCSMY is compressed, hit ctrl/alt/del to reboot. It gives the same code with each reboot. It is a toshiba running Windows 7.

A:laptop harddrive trouble

Are you sure that's the exact error message ? I ask because I can't find anything about it with Google.

What OS is on the laptop ? Do you have any disks for it ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-harddrive-trouble.1017528/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have two PCs and a laptop I am adminerstrater on one of my PCs my laptop is on wireless I dounlouded on my laptop windows7 now I can not get intenet,I have tried re-doing my internet settings,but no luck could someone help me,desperate

A:trouble with internet on laptop

I dounlouded on my laptop windows7 now I can not get intenet,Click to expand...

where did you download from and is this a valid legal copy of wndows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-internet-on-laptop.877657/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi i have a windows 7 toshiba satellite a205 model and when i turn it on it comes up with admin and guest but when i press on these icons the welcome symbol just goes round and round and does nothing but works ok on safe mode, does anyone have any suggestions?

A:trouble starting my laptop

System Restore.

Have you installed any hardware prior to this mishap?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-starting-my-laptop.1042233/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have a Gateway NV A u Laptop Computer laptop. to restoring OS Trouble that I currently having problems with It has a gb conventional rpm hard drive that I am trying to replace with a Samsung gb solid state drive Initially I tried to move everything to the new drive using Rebit but was unsuccessful because one cannot go from a larger drive to a smaller drive with Rebit So then I attempted to just do a system restore using the factory disks that I bought from Gateway I cannot get it to work doing that I adjusted the bios to boot from CD DVD If you just turn the machine on with disk one of the commercial Windows restore disks in the DVD drive I just see a black screen with a blinking cursor nothing else I have tried pressing the F key the F key the Alt F key and the R key All I see when Trouble restoring OS to laptop. doing any of these combinations is the same black screen with flashing cursors Anyone have an idea where I am going wrong Appreciate you spending the time doing the long read Thanks for any assistance you can provide nbsp

A:Trouble restoring OS to laptop.

If your trying to copy everything exactly the same as you have it now to another drive I would suggest using Acronis true image. This is a very easy imaging solution and the target drive can indeed be smaller than the original drive as long as the total drive space used is not more than the smaller hard drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-restoring-os-to-laptop.1073270/
Relevancy 38.7%

after removing a few keys off of the keyboard for cleaning, the keyboard seems to be totally disabled. it wont respond at all. we tried several things already, including a restore. the model is compaq presario. please help?!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-laptop-keyboard-trouble.1110285/
Relevancy 38.7%

I recently purchased a Dell laptop from a local firm and after only using it a short time the screen changes to a lot of colours and lines, can any one tell me what is causing this and if I should return it as unusable many thanks

Relevancy 38.7%

I have a HP that is laptop trouble HP dv6707 giving me numerous problems which I have been unable to find a solution for Problems seemed to start after laptop got infected with antivirus malware Laptop would randomly turn off and would not restart correctly Keep getting stuck on HP dv6707 laptop trouble Windox start up screen As the laptop does not have any important data on it I decided to do a hard reboot I reformatted the drive and as soon as the computer restarted it got stuck again on the Windows screen Afer doing this several times I decided to order the CD recovery disks from HP Tried a hard reboot from CDrom same thing happened Took it to a computer repair shop They said it was a HP dv6707 laptop trouble bad hardrive After over weeks of waiting for a new hard drive long story I ordered a replacement drive from HP and installed it myself Inserted CDrom recovery disks reformatted drive and upon computer restarting got stuck on Windows screen again Restarted computer finally got to screen saying installing software and in the middle of installing computer turned off I guess this isn t a hard drive problem Could it be the motherboard Not sure how much more time money I want to invest in this laptop Maybe I should just get a new laptop Any help ideas would be greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv6707-laptop-trouble.135263/
Relevancy 38.7%

Recently whenever I wanted to shut down my laptop Laptop Down Trouble Shutting the infamous BSOD comes up every single time It ll restart itself again and I ll have to shut it down from the Log In User screen Everything is fine before I shut down though I managed to write down the codes that came up during the blue screen this morning x f x x E x E BC x Trouble Shutting Down Laptop E F After starting up the computer again the windows repair thing eh I use the Traditional Chinese version will show BCCode f BCP BCP AED D BCP AED D BCP E F Info about my laptop OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Trouble Shutting Down Laptop Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU P GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M GS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc M Vc BSN Antivirus Trend Micro AntiVirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disabled Thanks in advance to anyone who are willing to help me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-shutting-down-laptop.951806/
Relevancy 38.7%

My laptop, a Toshiba Satellite, has a problem where when the power button is pressed it will start for about 2 seconds and then shuts down. It then loops where the machine acts like it is starting only to shut down. Any idea where I can look for the problem.

A:Trouble with startup of laptop

I had this issue with anPavillion DV6000 and the problem was the NVidia graphic card. I had to buy a new motherboard...which I didnt eventually, and got a new laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-startup-of-laptop.154024/
Relevancy 38.7%

hello problem solvers i have posted today in a different forum and was told by the person helping me there i should post here to get help with my bosds link to other thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t help-with-on-going-problem-slowww-win- description of my problem repost from other thread Hello to all this is my first post in this forum nd thread I have a gateway nv series laptop it is 10 bosds with laptop trouble win probably or years old up until last week i have not had any major issue with it the computer originally came with windows but i have updated to windows last week i turned on the computer and it has started running really slow getting stuck lagging giving me bosd's updates fail to trouble with win 10 laptop bosds install when i turn on task manager the memory and disk usage sometimes reach it seems that the antimalware executable was doing the damage so i turned it off and it does not take as much cpu but from time to time still reaches the top of cpu usage list trouble with win 10 laptop bosds but the computer is still in the same condition and cpu usage is still very high but now it seems that service host local system network restricted is the program that takes a ton of cpu memory overall it seems that cpu usage is super high i dont remember that being the case before windows upgrade the bosds that i remeber getting kmode exeption not handled verifier issue i was trying to run verifier to figure out if it was a driver issue i dont remember the third one havent really had one in a while but that is probably because ive been running safe mode when i need to work on the pc when i run the computer in safe mode there doesn't seem to be lag i will attach a screen shot of the task manager with cpu usage of plus i will attach a screen shot of the failed to install updates I greatly appreciate who ever is reading this and even more so to whomever can help me solve my problem Thanks in advance Arvynet

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632319/trouble-with-win-10-laptop-bosds/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi I ve been having a lot of trouble with my ibuypower laptop recently When I try to boot my laptop it boots to the initial logo screen but won t advance any further It just sits there until I turn it off or it runs out of battery However after a few days it will start working again I don t think it s an overheating issue because sometimes it won t start even after a few days of non-use but that fact that it can completely boot after a period of not working confuses me greatly Is it a hardware issue Any advice For extra clarification -I can t boot in safe mode because it doesn t register any of my key inputs when it gets stuck on the logo screen -I ve had the laptop for years and have booting Laptop trouble occasionally run into a blue screen here and there but never an enduring problem like Laptop booting trouble this Laptop booting trouble I m studying abroad in a couple of weeks so I really want to sort this problem out before I leave nbsp

A:Laptop booting trouble

Hi Uptosnuff and welcome to TSG.

What make and model laptop is it ?

Does it still freeze at the logo when the charger is plugged in ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-booting-trouble.1139097/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello Friends,My MS Security Center gave me a notice about a month ago that I have a trojan. The computer is functioning worse each passing day. I ran some programs to try and find it - wasn't able to.I have a McAffee Antivirus that is from some reason does not get auto-updates and windows keeps reminding me to update it over and over.What procedure should I follow to make sure that there is really a Trojan? and how do I get rid of it?Thanks,Koras.[Moderator edit and note: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgw]

A:Laptop is giving trouble

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472475/laptop-is-giving-trouble/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi,

My old laptop is a NEC VERSA E680. I don't know why everytime I restart (or turn it on), there's a long BIP ... , after non-stop pressing ENTER key (or anykey, I don't know), it start like nothing happened ???
=> Now, I can just stand it by after use ...

Any help is ok.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-on-booting-my-laptop.718075/
Relevancy 38.7%

This thing is brand new just got it having already... please help! New trouble Solved: Laptop, on Tuesday Havent downloaded much on here just yet She s very slow I have already Solved: New Laptop, having trouble already... please help! done scans and whatnot but to no avail I m beginning to think my router is the problem but I dont know how to determine that Any help is much appreciated Here are specs Solved: New Laptop, having trouble already... please help! I think Dell Inspiron I Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz MHz GB of Ram Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c PROGRA mcafee com vso OasClnt exe c program files mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exe C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MskAgent exe C Program Files McAfee com Personal Firewall MPFTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MSKSrvr exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings Rachel My Documents hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net home html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http oca microsoft com resredir a vQueue amp LCID amp OS O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO McAfee AntiPhishing Filter - D ED - CFF- - A - EBB AF - c program files mcafee spamkiller mcapfbho dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent McAgent exe O - HKLM Run MSKAGENTEXE C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MskAgent exe O - HKLM Run MPFEXE quot C Program Files McAfee com Personal Firewall MPFTray exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra button no name - FD BF-D F - b -BB - CCF E - c program files mcafee spamkiller mcapfbho dll O - Extra Tools menuitem McAfee AntiPhishing Filter - FD BF-D F - b -BB - CCF E - c program files mcafee spamkiller mcapfbho dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDO... Read more

Relevancy 38.7%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved in laptop might (hijack be log) trouble at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP if you ve got a moment here s my lates hijack this log anything need to be fixed thanks norg Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe D Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security Tmntsrv exe D Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security tmproxy exe D Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security PccPfw laptop might be in trouble (hijack log) exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program laptop might be in trouble (hijack log) Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exe C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe D Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKWnd exe D Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security PCClient exe D Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMOAgent exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C PROGRA AIM aim exe C Program Files PowerPanel Program PcfMgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe c windows system rk exe C Documents and Settings darkelf Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http channels aimtoday com search aimtoolbar jsp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http orangecounty cox net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http as starware com dp search x eaJzuGgbx pa ohMR fL wmpXp Rj GGTy kslYAs O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO URLLink Class - A AACF -ADF - D - A - E B E - C Program Files NewDotNet newdotnet dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Starware - CA D - B- b c- E - AF F C - C Program Files Starware bin Starware dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar AIM Search - D A B-D B- d - A - EE F C - C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBar dll O - Toolbar Starware - D E D - C- c a- D - D FF - C Program Files Starware bin Starware dll O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Mouse Suite Daemon ICO EXE O - HKLM Run HKSERV EXE C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exe O - HKLM Run ezShieldProtector for Px C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe O - HKLM Run ZTgServerSwitch c program files support com client lserver server vbs O - HKLM Run pccguide exe quot D Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe quot O - HKLM Run PCClient exe quot D Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security PCClient exe quot O - HKLM Run TM Outbreak Agent quot D Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMOAgent exe quot run O - HKLM Run WorkFlow E Install WorkFlow exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Fil... Read more

A:laptop might be in trouble (hijack log)

just trying to bump this back to the top of the list, please help...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-might-be-in-trouble-hijack-log.340361/
Relevancy 38.7%

I used the feature in Win 8 to erase everything so I can load my new Win 7 disc but its still here. I'd like to get this off of here what am I missing? All the erase procedure took out were the programs I had loaded. All help appreciated. Thanks

A:Trouble erasing Win 8 from hp laptop

You can't "erase" an OS from the booted OS. Boot the Win 7 install disk and do a "clean" install which will format the drive and install the OS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285471-trouble-erasing-win-8-hp-laptop.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Model: Dell Inspiron 5150
Geforce Go Fx 5200 card (64mb)
1gb RAM 40GB HDD
Samsung 19" TFT external
I have the strangest problem. Am now on my 2nd TFT in 2 weeks after assuming the 1st one was faulty. Clearly it can't have been. The TFT is hooked up to the VGA out on my 5150 laptop and looks great. However, when the laptop is run off mains power, slightly dull screens have a very annoying "flicker" on them. Strangely, when the laptop runs off battery no flicker is at all apparent and everything looks fantastic.

Does anyone have ANY idea what could be causing this because I am stumped! I have even tried taking the tft and laptop into other rooms to see if its an interference issue from parallell cables but this had no effect.

All advice is gratefully received!!

Thanks,

Sam.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-ac-power-tft-trouble.413244/
Relevancy 38.7%

is this the right place? when you hit certain keys they come out different, like a is aq` enter doesnt work, lots more, any idea's or throw it away? need more info let me know ron

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi All I'm having problems accessing my WD External storage WD device from my Laptop The WD is connected to my router and I have no trouble accessing it from my desktop under the quot Network quot tab in windows explorer The problem is my laptop So on my laptop under quot This PC quot the WD shows up in WDCloud on Trouble my Laptop discovering the quot This PC gt Network Locations quot folder but under the quot Network quot drop down in explorer it only shows Trouble discovering WDCloud on my Laptop itself ie it does not show my printer or the WD device or my TV despite these showing up in quot This PC gt Network Locations quot - why By comparison the quot This PC gt Network Locations quot folder Trouble discovering WDCloud on my Laptop on my desktop shows all my devices AND the quot Network quot folder also shows these devices with the WD listed as a quot storage device quot How do I change the settings on my laptop running windows to quot see quot and access the WD and TV and printers Again it shows these devices under the quot This PC gt Network Locations quot section but they are not visible under the quot Network quot folder in windows explorer Makes no sense I have disabled my virus scanner thinking it might be a firewall issue but still no fix Any help would be appreciated thanks SS Update - Now my laptop is visible to everyone on my WIFI - I don't want this lol help pls im really not liking windows

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/51050-trouble-discovering-wdcloud-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Well I have been trying to find an answer for the last hours by searching here and I just can t find anything I have a wirelass laptop and set it up to my home network via a linky s g-router It was working fine I made it secure and all Then I went out laptop Solved: wireless with Trouble of town where I had trouble finding any wireless connections and used dial-up instead I come Solved: Trouble with wireless laptop back home hoping it s all good and although I get my connection connected- strength excellent on MY network it will not go to the internet and tell me that I have to work online I renwed the IP addy but it came Solved: Trouble with wireless laptop back as the same on my laptop that is I have tried all kinds of stuff that I found by reading here but I am at the end I am ready to throw that thing out the window I then plugged in an ethernet cable to see if that will work and yes that will work As soon as I unplug it it stops What am I missing or forgetting here I mean it did work until I traveled and I was able to log on once while I was away Why will it now not go online yet I am connected Please help I know a little about this stuff but do need easy explanations please so I can follow this Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, my laptop wouldn't boot at first until i changed the boot order and then it would just go to start-up repair and say it couldn't repair it. Now it will let me log on sometimes but it will say that windows service is unavailable or it will just do the thing that i mentioned before, please help.

A:Vista laptop having trouble booting

Do you have a Windows OS disk, XP, Vista or Windows 7?

Read this..

and this...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-laptop-having-trouble-booting.149848/
Relevancy 38.27%

hey hows it going So two weeks ago my laptop started to have issues I have a dell inspiron well my computer turns on and starts loading everything then goes to a black screen saying windows error recovery it also says windows failed Dell Trouble Starting Laptop to Dell Laptop Trouble Starting start a recent hardware or software change might be the cause Then it gives me to options to either launch startup repair which loads files then goes back to the same screen and start windows normally where it almost gets to the login Dell Laptop Trouble Starting in screen then a blue screen pops up to fast to read it and goes back to the recovery screen Well when i run a diagnostics it says Error code - also i dont have any of the start up disk because my parents have them in alaska and also i dont need anything on the computer cause i backed it up but i just need it to work What should i do i really need this computer for college thanks Adam nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-trouble-starting.1034786/
Relevancy 38.27%

can anyone tell a trusted website where i might find the driver for a dell a960 all-in-one for my hp pavilion laptop? i tried the dell website and according to their info, the driver they provide is only compatible with dell computers. i did go ahead and installed it anyway and sure enough, the printer would not function...unless i am reading something wrong form them. thank you in advance.

A:having trouble w/ dell driver for hp laptop

I believe that Dell printers are rebranded Lexmarks...in this case, specificlly the Lexmark 6170.I'd try the Lexmark drivers, Review.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/315360/having-trouble-w-dell-driver-for-hp-laptop/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi there My hubby got me a new laptop for Christmas YEAH new laptop Trouble w/Vista with Svideo on anyhoos my old laptop was a Dell Latitude and I simply plugged the svideo Trouble with Svideo on new laptop w/Vista cable audio cable to that laptop and voila I had video on my television strictly windows video though Here s the problem This new laptop HP Pavillion dv has the same Svideo as the former laptop so I do the procedure over and all I got was my desktop from the new laptop I tried toggling the video to my tv using the Trouble with Svideo on new laptop w/Vista shortcut given in Trouble with Svideo on new laptop w/Vista the owners guide but that doesn t work The video card is an NVIDIA MCP M I went to display properties under Vista Home Basic and somehow managed to get the tv as my sole display which totally freaked me out btw I managed to fix it but am back to my original problem Any suggestions would be MORE than welcome Thanks Rose edited PM I was able to get it to work by switching screens however the sound was not working I have determined that the speaker wire input is not working We will be swapping the computer tomorrow I would have deleted this post but didn t have the option G nite nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-svideo-on-new-laptop-w-vista.95232/