Windows Support Forum

Upgraded motherboard & ram now Vista won't work

Q: Upgraded motherboard & ram now Vista won't work

Hi all At the weekend I purchased via online download from Microsoft website Windows Vista Home Premium SP My son built me a media PC using a motherboard and processor he already had & Vista Upgraded won't work now motherboard ram I purchased brand new SATA hard drives x terrabyte He built the PC loaded vista and it all worked beautifully except we couldn't get the media player to Upgraded motherboard & ram now Vista won't work display properly We decided that as we had already invested a fair bit into this system we would buy a new motherboard which Upgraded motherboard & ram now Vista won't work included onboard graphics that could display HDMI through our new TV Motherboard and new ram arrived today and all duly installed It all boots up but gets to the 'windows won't start' screen - and lists the options choose safe mode etc and it seems to load windows drivers lists all of them on the screen and then just goes round in circles and does the whole thing again I tried to do a repair your computer but that doesn't work either My other son tells me he thinks that as it is considered a new pc motherboard change means most parts are onboard and therefore Vista thinks it's a whole new PC I will have to do a complete reinstall - is this the case One other to note is that we have tried using both VGA and HDMI display outputs but the problem remains the same with both Anyway - this is my setup Motherboard - Asus P Q-EM Ram GB Hard Drives - x TB Windows Vista Home Premium SP full version not upgrade or OEM Display screen is a Toshiba ZF DB I hope this is enough information for someone to help me PS two of the TB drives are set up in a raid mirror configuration as I am a photographer and this is my storage and back up for photographs slideshows etc but I don't think that makes any difference

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Upgraded motherboard & ram now Vista won't work

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Upgraded motherboard & ram now Vista won't work

your son is correct in that:4-that vista will consider the new mobo as new pc you need to reinstall vista

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upgraded-motherboard-and-ram-now-vista-wont-work-333047.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I just upgraded to Vista and my speakers fail to work. They are connected in the correct socket.. Do I need to update the driver, if so how? Or is there some otehr problem..

A:Upgraded to Vista now sound doesn't work..

I just checked it in devices and it says it cannot load driver software... what should I do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upgraded-to-vista-now-sound-doesnt-work-179003.html
Relevancy 64.93%

So I bought the windows upgrade CDs to upgrade my vista PC's to 7. (Big mistake) Wiped out the HD and did the entire install. But every time I open up a video on my WMP it starts to play then stops. The PC then opens up a SV Host program that uses up 80% of the processor. So I have no video playing and my PC won't hardly work at all till I cntrl alt del and close the SV host.

What can I do to make this OS work correctly? The PC is an HP m9500z.

A:Upgraded HP from vista to 7 Home Premium, now my WMP doesn't work?

TTT?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422314/upgraded-hp-from-vista-to-7-home-premium-now-my-wmp-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 64.93%

My wife's computer went crazy finally and she's finished with Vista, so I wiped the computer and put XP on it. When I say wiped it, I mean its clean, deleted all the partitions and everything. Started from scratch. Everything works great on the computer after I downloaded all of the drivers I am pretty sure the computer needed, except the wireless internet. Both of us being college students that is kind of a need. When I go to network connections there isn't an option for wireless network which is where I get thrown when I look at any "hold my hand and walk me through so I can get on the net" tutorial. Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you need to poke fun of my lack of PC knowledge that is just fine too. Thank you again.

Relevancy 58.48%

Ok, so as far as i'm aware all Vista drivers should also work with windows 7.

After installing Windows 7 over Vista i've come to realise that the drivers for the MB chipset and onboard audio won't intall on windows 7.

Any advice?

Thank

Ben

P.s my MB is an ASUS M2N-MX

A:Motherboard drivers work for Vista but not for 7

I'd expect that Windows 7 can find audio drivers on its own. As for chipset drivers, I've actually looked at Asus' website and see none listed for Vista - just drivers for audio and RAID.

Unless you have any unknown or non-working devices listed in Device Manager, you probably needn't worry about it at all.

EDIT: I found a driver package at nVidia for the nForce 430/GeForce 6100 chipset that your motherboard uses. The latest available version is 15.49 dated October 2009.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_...bit_15.49.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/193050-motherboard-drivers-work-vista-but-not-7-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello friends
I have a Intel 845GVSR motherboard with integrated graphics and RealTek Audio.
I want to know that will Vista work on this settings or i have to buy a graphics card?
I used the Vista Upgrade Advisor from Microsoft, it shows a problem with my integrated graphics.
Should i take the risk or be content with Win Xp?
Does Vista has classic display option or only Aero Display?
Answers would be very helpful.
Plz

Relevancy 57.19%

Well here it goes When I first bought my computer it had Windows Vista Home Premium bit My motherboard is a M N-E SLI My computer constantly crashed with the blue screen I had someone fix my computer and he told be that there was no chipsets for this motherboard that worked with Vista this is about a year ago when I had it fixed So he installed Windows XP bit and I never had a problem But now I want to run more then GB of memory and I like Vista because it is more user friendly for people like me who dont know much about computers So if I reinstall Vista on my computer and put these chipset updates that I found here in the forums will they work and keep my computer motherboard work If chipsets my I it Vista for Windows with will my update from crashing Also is it just download the updates or is there more to it for chipsets One more question is the back up disk that I have for Windows Vista the actual program and I can just install it or do I have If I update my chipsets for my motherboard will it work with Windows Vista to buy a copy of Vista to install it Any help is much If I update my chipsets for my motherboard will it work with Windows Vista appreciated nbsp

A:If I update my chipsets for my motherboard will it work with Windows Vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/if-i-update-my-chipsets-for-my-motherboard-will-it-work-with-windows-vista.917283/
Relevancy 53.75%

Well it was time to upgrade that P MHz motherboard and CPU to a real machine I upgraded the motherboard CPU and power supply Re-installed base Win k no service pack along with updated SCSI driver The system runs great without any service pack installed Then I installed Service Pack and the system would motherboard Win2k and and now Upgraded boot CPU won't not boot I kept getting the following message on the Upgraded motherboard and CPU and now Win2k won't boot blue screen quot STOP c c unknow hard error quot I rebooted the machine a number of times and it Upgraded motherboard and CPU and now Win2k won't boot finally booted into windows On the next reboot I get the following new message on the blue screen STOP x D x x x xBFF Address BFF base at BFF DateStamp c eddfb - SCSIPORT SYS I contacted the company that makes my SCSI controller and I have Upgraded motherboard and CPU and now Win2k won't boot the correct SCSI driver installed for service pack I do not understand why it works perfectly with out a service pack installed I have tried numerous times to get the machine to boot but never get past the blue screen My machines configuration is Abit AI Mother Board P - MHz Prescott CPU Volcano P Style CPU and Heat Sink x DDR CRSR MB NVIDIA GeForce Ti with MB Initio UW SCSI Controller Seagate GB SCSI Hard Drive SCSI ID set to IDE CD-ROM Drive on IDE channel A Internal IDE Zip Drive on IDE channel B quot Floppy Drive Watt Power Supply Besides the OS and SCSI driver the only other software installed is the video driver for the NVIDIA GeForce card Does any one out there have any idea as to how to correct this problem nbsp

A:Upgraded motherboard and CPU and now Win2k won't boot

Welcome to TechSpot
What other message do you get, apart from your Stop-error?
Normally there is something in the style of FILE_DOES_NOT_WORK.

Never heard of your SCSI-card, have only experience with Adaptec.
Try moving the SCSI-card to another slot, you may have a resource-conflict.
Also, check your System's Error-log, maybe it tells you there what the problem is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-motherboard-and-cpu-and-now-win2k-wont-boot.16206/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, I came into possession of a quite powerful, but last-gen, PC that came installed with Windows XP Pro OEM. Now at the moment I can't afford to upgrade all the internal parts so I chucked in a new graphics card to help it along and I upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro. My question is, in the future when I can afford proper upgrades will I be able to change the motherboard? I know that with XP OEM that was not allowed, but now it's been upgraded to Windows 8 is it allowed or is it still forbidden?

A:Upgraded to Windows 8, can I change the motherboard?

Hello Spinner, and welcome to Eight Forums.

A Windows 8 Pro upgrade copy uses a retail key, so yes you will be able to install it on any computer/motherboard you like so long as it's uninstalled from any others first.

Clean Install with Windows 8 Upgrade

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/20297-upgraded-windows-8-can-i-change-motherboard.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Upgraded the process from a Pentium 4 2 gig to a 2.54gig. Windows see the new process but the BIOS has it set to run at 1.89 gigs. In short the motherboard (Intel model D84BGL) doesn't upgrade to the new processor speed. How is this accomplished? A new BIOS upgrade? Where do I obtain this upgrade? Is a upgrade possible with this old system?

A:Motherboard issues with upgraded processor

Is the new CPU supported by the motherboard, did you check the CPU support list?

D84BGL is not a good number is it a D845BGL?
The 845 board only supports 400 FSB CPU's is the new CPU a 400 FSB?
http://www.intel.com/support/motherb.../cs-013128.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/motherboard-issues-with-upgraded-processor-501798.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have recently upgraded my motherboard to Gigabyte GA-H57M-USB3 together with Intel Core i3 540 and OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 Gold 2x2GB. To make a long story short, the installation disk is misplaced (my wife did a clean up and the CD went missing). I started it up and it tries to boot up but gets to windows 7 emblem and crashes. I have downloaded all drivers for the motherboard from Gigabyte but am not sure how to run the driver installations without being in Windows. I am familiar with DOS commands but don't know how to go about using them in these circumstances or if there is a different or better method I should use.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bill Robertson

A:[SOLVED] Drivers not loading on upgraded motherboard

Driver installation isn't your problem if Windows crashes before it loads. It sounds like Windows didn't properly install. If you just installed Windows then I would boot off of the Windows 7 DVD again and do a Fresh install of 7 again Formatting the drive before install.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-drivers-not-loading-on-upgraded-motherboard-555327.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Am I correct that the Digital Entitlement allows me to upgrade my motherboard and still have a valid Win 10 installation?

That's what I surmise from reading posts on this?

I plan to upgrade my recording studio system.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/69239-digital-entitlement-applicable-upgraded-motherboard.html
Relevancy 52.89%

First off, the speakers work just fine. I am able to use the speakers to play music from an ipod. The speaker connects to the computer through a single headphone jack. I have tried to place this jack into all of the audio connectors, including the front panel headphone jack, but the sound will not work. Is the sound card on the motherboard functional? Do i need to go out and purchase a new sound card? Please respond with all possible troubleshooting scenarios. Thank you.

Its an ECS Elite Group Motherboard; model: PA1 MVP
I'm running a Pentium 4 CPU, 3.4 GhZ, With Windows Vista Home Premium

I looked through Bios to try and figure out if something audio was disabled, but I was unsuccesful-- i'm not very experienced working in BIOS--

I'd appreciate any help you might be able to give.

Thanks

A:New Logitech LS21 Speakers Not Working with upgraded motherboard

Sound Driver:
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Do...New&DetailDesc=&CategoryID=1&MenuID=6&LanID=0

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-logitech-ls21-speakers-not-working-with-upgraded-motherboard.111305/
Relevancy 52.89%

I m hoping you guys can help I upgraded my mobo cpu ram and video card today I kept my HDD optical drives and my wireless adapter Edimax EW- g In my zeal to install my new components I had forgotten to uninstall the drivers of the edimax which I was going to keep and my old ATI radeon which I was replacing After installing the new components every thing started up fine except the edimax wireless adapter would refuse to connect or even detect any wireless networks I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers countless times swapped the wireless card around in the different pci slots won't networks cpu, & Upgraded detect motherboard wireless card now but still came up with the same problem I noticed that when I checked the network adapters in control panel it would keep calling the Edimax quot wireless adapter quot or quot wireless adapter quot depending on which pci slot I put it in I would try renaming it to simply quot wireless adapter quot but it would state that an adapter Upgraded motherboard & cpu, now wireless card won't detect networks by that name already exists I m guessing this is some holdover from being connected to the old motherboard In short new mobo recognizes the card latest drivers for windows are installed but windows keeps telling me there s an error with the drivers and every time I try and search for wireless connections it won t even search it will just say quot no connections available quot Was this whole issue precipitated by forgetting to uninstall the drivers and the card itself before upgrading my mobo Old system everything worked AMD Athlon X cpu Biostar TF SLI mobo Hitachi GB HDD Corsair DDR GB ram Sapphire Radeon X pro mb Windows Ultimate -Bit Edimax Ralink EW- g wireless card New system wireless card not detecting networks stays disabled in network adapter view while device Upgraded motherboard & cpu, now wireless card won't detect networks manager shows as enabled AMD Phenom II GHz cpu Gigabyte GA- A-UD mobo Hitachi GB HDD Mushkin DDR GB ram XFX Radeon HD gb Windows Ultimate -bit Edimax Ralink EW- g wireless card Any advice Do I need to put back my old rig in uninstall the drivers from there and then put my new components back and install again Help Thanks nbsp

A:Upgraded motherboard & cpu, now wireless card won't detect networks

have you re-installed the software and chipset drivers etc - or are you hoping the Harddrive with the software on works ?

Normally you would re-install the windows software onto the new hardware - as you may get a few issues

can you do this

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
------------------------------------------------------------------------

i suspect the best way is to remove the wireless adapter from device manager and re-install - lets see the above

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgraded-motherboard-cpu-now-wireless-card-wont-detect-networks.942803/
Relevancy 52.89%

Guys, I think this was the most relevant place to ask for help. I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu. (Yes my current description is what I am trying to run.) Most of the driver issues have been resolved, but one vexes me. I try to load the bios setup by mashing the delete key, and instead it brings me to the windows boot manager. Same deal if I try another keystroke for the boot menu or other utilities. It is a usb keyboard and the drivers are installed. I also have a ps2 port im not sure if I would need to use instead. I have a ps2/usb adapter and when I try that, the keyboard does nothing. Basically im trying to figure out if I am doing something wrong or if I should rma my mobo. Thanks guys

A:Upgraded motherboard and cpu, no keystroke will load bios setup

Hiyya XX mate does the DEL key do anything in the system? May sound like a daft query but I am just thinking maybe the KB is bung??

Have you seen chapter two in the manual it gives the info on the BIOS maybe just flip the battery out leave for a few minutes and then put it back in might jolt the thing into life.

I notice too that it has a dual BIOS does the manual say anything about using a special button on the board?? I cannot quite read the manual download as it is quite small print and my OS (8) I cannot find a way of increasing the size or I would look.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/297653-upgraded-motherboard-cpu-no-keystroke-will-load-bios-setup.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Operating System Windows XP Home SP Computer Upgraded Dell Dimension Service Tag BRDH This computer was working properly before the upgrade Hardware installed in upgrade Motherboard and With Motherboard, 4600 CPU Dimension Help Upgraded Stop Ram, Error - in Dell ECS A Help With Stop Error - Upgraded Motherboard, Ram, and CPU in Dell Dimension 4600 GM-M Processor AMD Athlon BE ghz Dual Core Memory x gb OCZ Reaper mhz PC The Stop ErrorI have searched for the error code Help With Stop Error - Upgraded Motherboard, Ram, and CPU in Dell Dimension 4600 in it's entirety and no match Here is the code x E xC xBA E xBACC C xBACC No other error codes The error occurs when windows is loading at the boot screen I can get windows to start in safe mode but due to the hardware change I can not access windows It states I have to activate windows Completely Normal When Swapping MOBO What Have I Tried I tried the Help With Stop Error - Upgraded Motherboard, Ram, and CPU in Dell Dimension 4600 old trick of repairing the windows installation with a Windows XP Home CD This is a Dell PC with the Dell Windows XP Home O S Version Installed No luck I unplugged all usb devices except a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse I unplugged both EIDE CD Roms I disabled on board audio in the bios The motherboard manufacturer only has a bios update for installing a AM CPU I unhooked Front panel Audio and USB One last note When I did the recovery installation I got the following stop error the first time I booted then never again lvusbsta sys - Address BA E base at BA E Datestamp It matched a part of the current stop error I was thinking the on board USB was causing this error I can disable on board USB and Legacy Support in the system bios But I have to find an old keyboard and mouse - lmao What do you think I should do

A:Help With Stop Error - Upgraded Motherboard, Ram, and CPU in Dell Dimension 4600

I've always had problems dealing with ECS motherboards. If your older motherboard supports the cpu and memory, install both of them there and see fire up your system.

See if the problem lies on the motherboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-stop-error-upgraded-motherboard-ram-and-cpu-in-dell-dimension-4600-a-381697.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey there,

I have a HP Pavillion Entertainment Pc HP9700 that was previously running on xp....

i upgraded to seven and the mic hasn't worked ever since....

common sense would tell me it's a driver i need to install but i'm not savy in the field and i can't find such thing. any ideas? thanks in advance.

A:Upgraded to Seven now mic doesn't work

microphones don't generally need drivers.

maybe you just need to turn it on and give it a boost.

control panel >> hardware and sound >> manage audio devices >> recording tab >> click on microphone >> properties >> levels >> crank it up >> maybe there's a custom tab too with a boost box to tick.

also make sure the mic is set to be the default device if you want to record from it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/168698-upgraded-seven-now-mic-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys.

after several months of my hubby complaining that I haven't upgraded to XP (becasue of his schooling) I finally did it.. and now I'm having a problem with my Adaptec CD creator 4

it will give me an initilizing error.

I did read that this was a problems for those who used the program and upgraded to XP something about its now Roxio or something.

can someone enlighten me on this for what I have to do, or show me a better program that I can use for Free. I can't find my CD for the adaptec program anymore..

A:upgraded to XP can't get burner to work

Some applications are not compatible with WinXp. I think this is one of them. You might want to read this and follow the suggestions:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=285910&sd=RMVP

If you want a free alternative burning program, may I suggest Deepburner Free? You can find it here:
http://www.deepburner.com/

Click on Products to find free version.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgraded-to-xp-cant-get-burner-to-work.405821/
Relevancy 51.17%

So i got 2 512mb sticks of ram and removed a 256mb, I put the 2 in and now all that happens when i turn it on is a fan comes on. i tried putting the old ram back in and the same thing happens.

A:Upgraded RAM, PC wont work any more

Try resetting the bios by the jumpers, they should be blue, ive seen some that are brown. If you have your manual to your motherboard it will specify where they are.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-ram-pc-wont-work-any-more.124069/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, hope I've put enough specs in profile for you to help. I have a Compaq Presario 6735s I bought around 2008. CPU quite slow but graphics card not bad so made decision to upgrade. Looked up the laptop manual here to find compatible CPUs for motherboard, socket type etc. Went through 3 different (*****ic) buys before I found one that actually fitted.
Now with everything reassembled, screen will flash up once upon powering on, then nothing. All usual lights come on, even my wireless connects, makes usual start up noises, fan, dvd drive etc ....
Proceeded to take everything apart again, re-connected everything I tampered with. Even RAM, which I didn't have to remove before.
Still same reaction starting up.

Really frustrated with myself as thought this would be the right one. Could honestly cry, haha.

I read the tutorial on here called 'No POST' to no avail either. I really hope it can come back from this.
One last thing I can think of (before pulling new CPU out) is upgrading BIOS to support new CPU but with no screen I am stuck.

Can someone please give me a little direction?

A:Upgraded CPU on laptop, now screen won't work

Did you re-install the old CPU to see if the laptop booted normally again? Upgrading CPU's on laptop motherboards can be a very difficult thing to do. What is supposed to be compatible in reality is not

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-cpu-on-laptop-now-screen-wont-work.204383/
Relevancy 50.74%

After my 10 not to and work DV6 the my Upgraded Windows WiFi does now upgrade to Windows on my HP Pavilion dv t- c CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook the Wifi is no longer working in the sense that it does not find my Wifi network nbsp I believe that technically the dv t is not supported by HP for Windows but everything thing else seems to work albeit a bit differently at times nbsp For instance the WiFi but no longer toggles the WiFi on off but now turns Airplane mode on off Upgraded my DV6 to Windows 10 and now the WiFi does not work nbsp In my office I am most always on my wired network so this is not an issue but certainly will be when I am not Upgraded my DV6 to Windows 10 and now the WiFi does not work in the office nbsp The driver is at the latest available for Windows from HP so I'm not sure this is Upgraded my DV6 to Windows 10 and now the WiFi does not work a driver issue or something else nbsp Any ideas or has anyone else had this issue on a dv t nbsp I should also mention that Bluetooth no longer works either service will not start

A:Upgraded my DV6 to Windows 10 and now the WiFi does not work

TBiggi1 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I had EXACTLY the same problem on my DV6 laptop -- after I upgraded it to Win10.  Despite pushing the WiFi key time after time, it would always stay orange and the WiFi never worked. But ... to fix this, I had to do the "upgrade" again -- and do two things very differently ... 1: Prepare for clean-install:If, after the upgrade, your PC is only partially functioning, that means that the Upgrade did not go well and stuff is still there from the prior OS corrupting the functionality of Win10. You MIGHT be able to fix this by doing a clean-install of Win10. Problem is that a clean-install often does not recognize the prior activation, even though it should. So, you need to do 2( below BEFORE you do the clean-install: 2) Create a file needed to reactivate Win10 after the clean-install BEFORE you do the upgrade, follow these instructions from the community Win10 forums about creating a genuineticket.xml file: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/23354-clean-install-windows-10-directly-without-having-upgrade-fi... You will need this later to activate your Win10 pc after the clean-install. NOTE: I did the clean-install, and even though the product-key was SUPPOSED to work to activate Win10, it did not. And, calls to MS about this were wastes of time -- since the MS idiots said I could not activate Win10 with a Win7 product key!! What DID work was using the genuineticket approach documented in the tenforums thread. I copied that from the USB stick where I saved it, rebooted, and after that, my DV6 was activated -- and it's been working great ever since! ---------------------------I did note that you ALREADY did the Upgrade, so you might not be able to do the genuineticket stuff, and if that does not work, after the clean-install, you will NOT be able to activate your copy of Win10. So, yet another workaround that MIGHT work, instead of doing a clean-install, is doing something known as a Repair-Install.  This is the least destructive of all the Windows recovery functions and rewrites the Windows system files, including the drivers, leaving your data, settings, and applications intact.To do this, you will need to use the link to download Win10 installation media and either burn a DVD or create a USB stick: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10Note that when you go do download and build install media, the tool defaults to matching what is already installed on your PC (as in, Home for Home, 64-bit for 64-bit). Make sure you select the same version as needed for your PC. If you do not, the resulting media will be different and will force you to enter a NEW product code!Once you have that media, follow the instructions in the link: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.htmlGood Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Upgraded-my-DV6-to-Windows-10-and-now-the-WiFi-does-not-work/td-p/5797435
Relevancy 50.74%

I have upgraded to windows 10 and now my DVD is blocked.

A:I have upgraded to windows 10 and now my DVD wont work has b...

Hi, Try following the procedure under the sub-heading Resolution 5 - create a registry subkey on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-have-upgraded-to-windows-10-and-now-my-DVD-wont-work-has/td-p/5607687
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi
So about a week ago I made the decision to update to windows 10, little did I know it was going to crash my laptop. what happens is my screen won't stop flashing. The icons on my screen appear and disappear over and over and over again. It never stops. It never stayz long enough for me to click on anything.

My question is, is there anything I can manually do, that won't erase the entirety of my hard drive, to either restore it back to windows 7 or just make windows 10 work?

I'd really love some advice, I honestly don't want to pay to have it checked out. (I'm a poor college student)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-upgraded-to-windows-10-now-my-laptop-wont-work.1154829/
Relevancy 49.88%

about eleven months ago, i got a new hp. os vista processor AMD Phenom Quad- Core Memory(Ram) 1.81Ghz, 2.87 GB of RAM, 32-Bit Operating sys. After 10 months I, started getting the White screen of death. When this happened the only way to get it back was us my restore disks. I, got a Windows7 RC disk, and Upgraded mysys. to windows7. every thing works great except Dune 2000, and Emperor: Battle for Dune. Dune 2000 loads sound, you can hear it just fine, but no picture at all, just blank screen. I, have checked compatibility, and resolution, and no joy there.If anyone has any idea pls let me know.
On Emperor, i get game.exe has encountered a problem, and has to close. so I send the problem report, and it closes out.That is all I get on Emperor, So if anyone can help please send info my way Thanks alot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/upgraded-to-windows7-now-none-of-my-dune-games-work-414738.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Lexmark x4650 wireless printer. When I upgraded to Windows 10 it lost the wireless connection. I bought a new wireless router/modem combo (Zoom Technologies Model 5363) but the printer will not pick up the wireless connection. I have updated the driver, uninstalled it, reset to factory settings, put the install disk in and followed the prompts ... nothing has worked.

I looked at Lexmarks website, they said that there isn't a new driver for this model but that it should work as a basic wireless printer.

Help me please!

Relevancy 49.88%

yesterday i upgraded from windows 2000 to xp professional after it was done my internet stopped working, it says i have error 1068
and it also says i need to have remote access connection manager turned on but it wont let me do it, i am stumped!... it also says i need to install bcm4sbxp.sys which i allready have.. can anyone help??

Relevancy 49.88%

My computer came with windows 7, I did the up grade to windows 8, then I did the down load to windows 10. Did not do recovery point. Some of systems do not work with 10. It has been a couple of months since I did upgrade. How can I get back to windows 8?

A:Some of my devices do not work when I upgraded to 10. How can I get back to Windows 8?

The shortest way is to use a Windows 8 installation disc since the 30-day rollback period has already lapsed.
If you still have the Windows 7 installation disc that came with your PC, then use that to reinstall Windows 7 then upgrade back to Windows 8.1.
You may create a Windows Central account to respond in this thread.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/389008-some-my-devices-do-not-work-when-i-upgraded-10-how-can-i-get-back-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Since I upgraded from ME to XP....I get an error message when I try to go into the program I used to burn CD's. I use Adaptec Easy CD Creator. Is there an upgrade I need to download so that I can use it? If that doesn't work, can I buy a program to be able to make cd's again? I have seen programs at Walmart for not a whole lot of money, but can I just buy one of those and download it and use my existing burner?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have recently upgraded my Dell Latitude D from XP bit to Windows Professional bit Previously I had GB of RAM however having undertaken a crucial scan it said I can now have GB of RAM So I ordered a new GB and replaced the MB stick Upon booting up for the first time and hit F to acknowledge that the RAM has been changed it 64bit but 4GB to Ram Upgraded correctly doesnt work loaded to the log in screen however I could see loads of white horizontal lines across the screen I was able to login and the desktop appeared fine I then noticed that the audio was coming up saying it cannot be found It had a red cross through the symbol in the taskbar I restarted on numerous occassions to no avail I took the new GB stick out and put the MB back in and all loaded without any problems Any ideas System -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Manufacturer Dell Inc Model Upgraded to 4GB Ram 64bit but doesnt work correctly Latitude Upgraded to 4GB Ram 64bit but doesnt work correctly D Total amount of system memory GB RAM System type Upgraded to 4GB Ram 64bit but doesnt work correctly -bit operating system Number of processor cores Graphics -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Display adapter type ATI Radeon X Series Total available graphics memory MB Dedicated graphics memory MB Dedicated system memory MB Shared system memory MB Display adapter driver version Primary monitor resolution x DirectX version DirectX or better Network -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Network Adapter Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Network Adapter Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card

A:Upgraded to 4GB Ram 64bit but doesnt work correctly

I would take both sticks out and then try booting with just the new stick of ram in.
Also make sure all cards are seated tight.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/39682-upgraded-4gb-ram-64bit-but-doesnt-work-correctly.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My speakers are plugged in but my PC says they are not. I have tried to download drivers with various free software and Windows itself with no luck. I should not have to buy new speakers as they were supported in Windows 7.

A:I've upgraded to Windows 10 and my speakers no longer work.

Check your settings. Right click the volume icon on your taskbar and choose "Playback Devices" and make your speaker the default device.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/433900-ive-upgraded-windows-10-my-speakers-no-longer-work.html
Relevancy 49.88%

To put this shortly, I had a Nvidia 8800 GTS and decided to upgrade to an ATI Radeon HD5870. When I put the HD5870 in the computer and try to turn the computer on my monitor wont recognize it (just goes to standby). However, everything in my tower is running (all the fans, even the HD5870 fan is running). I replugged the 8800 GTS and it worked again.

Computer Specs:
Motherboard: p5n-e SLI
Power Supply: 800 Watts
Graphics Cards: Stated above
Ram: Kingston 4gigs

A:Just upgraded video card, now my monitor won't work

Did you remove the nVidia software and drivers first? You need to do that with the 8800GTS still installed, then shut down your computer, and install the new GPU, then reboot and download the new drivers for your card for amd.com and install them.

I presume you also have the power connectors fitted to the new GPU when running it as well?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-upgraded-video-card-now-my-monitor-wont-work.157530/
Relevancy 49.88%

First off this is my sisters PC which is 250 miles from me. I tried to get her online but no go. I had her reset the Modem,Uninstall the Network adapter and reboot,Double click on the Internet Red X and it tells her the cable is disconnected.

Her PC is not hooked up to the Modem with Ethernet. It must have been wireless. She told me her Network Adapter and it is the same as mine. Realtech PCIe.

After not being able to get it going from here I told her to go to Walmart and get an Ethernet cable and how to connect it. Should work for her that way but I was wondering what else it could be.

I hate long distance fixes. I could have thouhgt it out if I was there but not having the same setup as her I am drawing a blank. I am 63.

A:Upgraded to Windows 10 and now the internet doesn't work.

it maybe a driver issue
see if there are drivers available for that model for windows 10
the PC may not be compatible with windows 10

if its a laptop - the wireless switch or FN/F-Key maybe set for the wireless to be off, or it may be in "airplane" mode

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/upgraded-to-windows-10-and-now-the-internet-doesnt-work-1119329.html
Relevancy 49.88%

First off this is my sisters PC which is 250 miles from me. I tried to get her online but no go. I had her reset the Modem,Uninstall the Network adapter and reboot,Double click on the Internet Red X and it tells her the cable is disconnected.

Her PC is not hooked up to the Modem with Ethernet. It must have been wireless. She told me her Network Adapter and it is the same as mine. Realtech PCIe.

After not being able to get it going from here I told her to go to Walmart and get an Ethernet cable and how to connect it. Should work for her that way but I was wondering what else it could be.

I hate long distance fixes. I could have thouhgt it out if I was there but not having the same setup as her I am drawing a blank. I am 63.

A:Upgraded to Windows 10 and now the internet doesn't work.

it maybe a driver issue
see if there are drivers available for that model for windows 10
the PC may not be compatible with windows 10

if its a laptop - the wireless switch or FN/F-Key maybe set for the wireless to be off, or it may be in "airplane" mode

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/upgraded-to-windows-10-and-now-the-1119329.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Just got a new Asus P5PE-VM with a Core 2 Duo, and now only the onboard VGA works. When I put in my video card (EVGA GeForce 6800GT), the computer turns on still, but no matter which vga port I use (onboard or card) I get no display.

I am running Vista, but I don't think that would affect this. Bios is not the most recent, but the only update adds new CPU support.

Any ideas? My old mobo died, and I'm really hoping to keep this card...I love it! (not to mention can't spend the money for a new one).

Thanks!
Baker

A:Upgraded Mobo, Video Card doesn't work now

So the onboard works when the card is not in? What are your specs? PSU wattage? Start troubleshooting!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-mobo-video-card-doesnt-work-now.75461/
Relevancy 49.45%

We upgraded our WIndows 98 machine to Windows XP, and obviously because of security differences, I am now prompted to insert the office CD everytime I start an Office application. Is there any way to get around this without actually having the Office CD to hand. Maybe something in the registry?

Cheers,
Dan

A:I upgraded from Win98 to WinXP and now Office doesnt work

Try the following link.

http://www.rselby.com/Troubleshoot.html#oxpregister

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-upgraded-from-win98-to-winxp-and-now-office-doesnt-work.108856/
Relevancy 49.45%

I just upgraded from Windows 2000 to Windows XP, and none of the automatic updates are installing. I've attached a screenshot of the image that is brought up.

Also, there was a version of Norton Antivirus on here that was not uninstalled before upgrading. And I'd like to uninstall it, but trying to do so through the Add/Remove Software in the Control Panel doesn't work. It seems to lock up, and I have to do a hard reset to get it to close.

What should I try now?

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all, I recently built a new computer on the Z170 / Skylake platform from a Z77 / Ivy Bridge based computer.

I noticed USB 3.0 seems to be an issue with Windows 7, which I'm having problems with. But I also encountered problems with Windows Update, which just seems to hang when checking for updates. I assume this is Microsofts way of forcing you to install Windows 10...

Is there a way to get Windows Update working again?

A:Upgraded To Z170 Mobo, Now Windows Update Doesn't Work?

There are no issues with usb 3.0, just use usb 2.0 ports for the keyboard and mouse and install with a dvd, no issues at all.

There are millions of threads here about windows update, we can`t keep answering every single question about them

Just get windows update going and walk away, don`t let your PC go to sleep and in a week or 2 the updates will show up

But seriously, just let it run overnight and all will be fine in the morning.

Microsoft has fired all the Windows 7 update personal and are down to 1 windows 7 update server and it`s running Windows ME

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/394629-upgraded-z170-mobo-now-windows-update-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I updated my hard drive last night and went from a gig hard audio Upgraded hard Solved: to drive, refuses work. drive to a I reinstalled windows xp no problem Solved: Upgraded hard drive, audio refuses to work. and proceeded to reinstall all my drivers first of course was my graphics and wireless card However as I was going through the drivers my audio refused to install The site I have been getting all my drivers from is http h www hp com ewfrf wc softwareList os amp lc en amp dlc en amp cc ca amp lang en amp product The only difference in operating system is that my gig is Windows XP Pro Service Pack and this is Service Pack My sound card still works fine as Solved: Upgraded hard drive, audio refuses to work. since I Solved: Upgraded hard drive, audio refuses to work. have changed hard drives I have swapped them out and gone back to my gig when I initially had issues with trying to connect to the internet and had to download the driver onto my external hard drive so I could get online with this one The only difference in hard drives is the size they are both made by the same company Any help to getting my audio to work would be MUCH appreciated Also this being an HP laptop with the touch sensitive music controls and quickplay any idea on getting my quickplay working again would be apprecaited as well just as a side quest for now nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I m new here My first time LOL I just upgraded the BIOS on my Intel D GVSR mobo with supposedly the latest drivers I used the Windows express install feature as my machine doesn t have a floppy just CD DVD card readers now ports BIOS, Upgraded readers front USB and work. card don't Help!! and USB After the install and I didn t touch my computer while it was doing this process I noticed my USB mouse not working and none of my card readers worked eithter So I called Long-distance to Intel tech support and went through the whole thing They told me to download the bio file for the mobo so I can restore Upgraded BIOS, now USB ports and front card readers don't work. Help!! my BIOS but I couldn t find the file for the right board so I called them back on a cell phone this time and this time Upgraded BIOS, now USB ports and front card readers don't work. Help!! was told that the above mentioned might not work and to remove the battery from the system wait mins replace the battery and reboot and this would reset the CMOS well I did that and still no USB I called Upgraded BIOS, now USB ports and front card readers don't work. Help!! tech support back and they basically put me through the same procedure again I m very frustrated beyond description What good is a comp if I don t have the USB ports to run printers etc I think my system is screwed Thanks alot INTEL There HAS to be a way to fix this --Thanks Kokopelli nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgraded-bios-now-usb-ports-and-front-card-readers-dont-work-help.555880/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all, I recently built a new computer on the Z170 / Skylake platform from a Z77 / Ivy Bridge based computer.

I noticed USB 3.0 seems to be an issue with Windows 7, which I'm having problems with. But I also encountered problems with Windows Update, which just seems to hang when checking for updates. I assume this is Microsofts way of forcing you to install Windows 10...

Is there a way to get Windows Update working again?

A:Upgraded To Z170 Mobo, Now Windows Update Doesn't Work?

There are no issues with usb 3.0, just use usb 2.0 ports for the keyboard and mouse and install with a dvd, no issues at all.

There are millions of threads here about windows update, we can`t keep answering every single question about them

Just get windows update going and walk away, don`t let your PC go to sleep and in a week or 2 the updates will show up

But seriously, just let it run overnight and all will be fine in the morning.

Microsoft has fired all the Windows 7 update personal and are down to 1 windows 7 update server and it`s running Windows ME

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/394629-upgraded-z170-mobo-now-windows-update-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I got my desktop with Vista. Paid for a legitimate (upgrade) copy of 7 Pro. Just want to make sure there won't be any snags.

I read at Forbes that we can register a copy of 10 before July 29, but don't have to use it. It mentioned that a few times, with no explanation. Sign in process is majorly malfunctioning there, so no opp to comment.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/129626-upgraded-vista-7-pro.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Like the title says I upgraded from vista to 7 and I am wondering if there is any relics of vista still on the system? I did use the disk clean up utility with like a 98mb gain but I am wondering if there is any part of vista still floating around?

A:So I upgraded from vista to 7 now . . what needs to go?

If I'm reading correctly, you performed an upgrade installation rather than a clean installation? If that's the case, you never really know if something slipped through the cracks...

Is there a specific reason why you're wondering?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/31942-so-i-upgraded-vista-7-now-what-needs-go.html
Relevancy 48.16%

cannot use windows dvd maker due to message stating video card does not support the level required.now this card worked fine with xp. can i resolve without upgrading the video card?

my comp is : compaq presario sr1239uk
intel r pentium 4 cpu
i have intel graphics media accelerator 900 as video card

thanks in advance

A:just upgraded to vista

whats the exact video card model/memory
whats ur vista version?
i believe vista home prem. and ultimate use high def windows dvd maker so u may need to change settings.. why not call compaq to find out if its compatible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-upgraded-to-vista.748643/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm helping a friend fix his computer After he had someone else upgrade the OS to he's been having issues being unable Vista, Upgraded Many From Problems OS to start up the OS It hangs before windows will load The system does eventually load up windows after Upgraded OS From Vista, Many Problems a number of hard resets At this point I am unable to access the control panel with an error message titled ee -a a- d - -beb c Issues with file association I also am unable to regularly open things like the documents folder I downloaded hijack this and several other programs but am unable to run them and there is no error message I am also unable to open the task manager Overall the computer is extremely buggy and I'm not sure if this is a virus issue or just a botched OS upgrade that will be most easily solved by reinstalling Vista The computer specs Dell DXP BIOS Version tried updating cannot run update exe Intel Core TM CPU Let me know if there's anything else I can tell you and thanks in advance for any help I should also mention that I've googled similar issues and attempted a number of fixes but because of the minimal functionality of the computer I can't go through with them I'm currently loading up a flash drive with magicPartition so I can run hijack this from there Thanks again please help me

A:Upgraded OS From Vista, Many Problems

It does sound like something is corrupt. I've had a problem in the past where after a clean install Windows Explorer couldn't open, task manager would never stop trying to load, and Control Panel almost always got hung up. I tried several times to install programs and would see a window pop up for a second, disappear, and not display any other information. When task manager would work I would see that there would be a process for each time I tried to launch an installer and after 5 or 6 instances the computer would slow pretty noticeably. 

Honestly I didn't have the patience to look for a solution. It took a clean install of Windows 7 for me to get it running smooth again. I think first I'd try running chkdsk.exe from the start menu (search chkdsk so you don't have to try and go through control panel or Explorer) if you can get Windows to boot. If you can't run that, I'd try booting with the Windows 7 install CD and clicking the Repair option. If that doesn't work I'd try re-installing windows.

A huge shot in the dark: Some other people have solved errors with that code by creating a new user account and transferring their files over, which led them to believe the problem is corrupt profile data. I'm not sure how to create a new user profile without using the control panel though. Maybe someone knows how to use cmd prompt to do that.

Edit: So if you can run cmd.exe from the start menu and would like to try to create a new user account it turns out you can create new accounts without going through the Control Panel.

1. Run command prompt.
2. Make sure you are in C:\Users\"youraccountnamehere">

3. You'll then type this, but replace NewUserName with what you would like to name the account:
net user /add NewUserName
Hit the enter key.

Done. You should have a new user account. Try switching to that user profile. With any luck you are hopefully having the same issue as these other guys and this resolves it. Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491900/upgraded-os-from-vista-many-problems/
Relevancy 47.73%

I built a new desktop last winter at first I had a bunch of BSOD problems I rma d my motherboard because I was told that it was causing the problems I put the new board in and I was still getting BSOD s I had been told over and over again that it wasn t my memory I had ran memtest a ton and never came up with any problem So I was just about to rma my video card when I decided Upgraded getting to Vista BSOD to get another stick of memory so I could swap out the one that was in The RAM turned out to be the problem so I rma d the stick of RAM that was defective and installed the new stick when I got it From that time on I have had a very stable machine Yesterday I upgraded to Vista home premium Everything went fine while I was re-installing all my drivers programs and games The reason I switched over to Vista is because I wanted to get ready for all the great games that are coming out soon and will be using dx After I had installed everything I needed I installed Medal of Honor Airborne I have tried to play this game about five times but I never get through more then minutes before the bsod hits I am pretty sure that the first few error codes I got were X E The last thing I tried was upgrading my soundcard drivers I couldn t remember Upgraded to Vista getting BSOD if I had done this before or not so I just uninstalled whatever driver it was using and reinstalled the new one I had downloaded After that I tried to play the game again this time I got an x D This is really making me mad I already went through all this crap when I first built my quot dream machine quot so now I really need help so I can fix it and not have a quot nightmare machine quot My system specs are CPU core duo E RAM GB GB sticks ddr GPU Geforce GTX Soundcard soundblaster x-fi extreme gamer Motherboard Nforce i SLI I ran a program to see if my computer will run vista the program shows all the system requirements and if you pass them barely normally or optimally and my computer passed everything optimally If anyone needs any other information in order to help please don t hesitate to ask I would reallly appreciate any input My only thought is that it is a memory problem again but since I already fixed that problem in xp I don t know if it could be the problem or not so I am just going to be waiting on an answer before I do anything else nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgraded-to-vista-getting-bsod.630663/
Relevancy 47.73%

I hope someone can help me........

I just upgraded my hp8230 to Vista ultimate x32 and I can longer get onto the internet..

The network connection status shows that IPv4 and IPv6 have limited connectivity but I have excellent signal..

I used to be running xp Professional with no problems and no changes have been made.

I have a wireless netgear DG834gv2 ......

I have tried disabling IPv4 and 6 separately but no luck...

can anyone help......

Adrian

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/146420-upgraded-vista-cannot-get-internet.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My brother-in-law works Vista, can go I from Upgraded back? for a local community college and they were offered a pretty good deal on Windows My tech level is limited so when he said it was a good deal I believed him Problem is after he installed I am having multiple issues with drivers on my computer Video driver locks freezing quite often and other issues it is a Dell XPS system We did qualify it before installing and it Upgraded from Vista, can I go back? showed compatible for upgrade However after speaking to a tech support after install of course they now state they have not field tested the model and will not Dell has a tendnecy to forget about last years models My question sorry for wait is how do I switch back to Vista According to dell person version used did not save anything Upgraded from Vista, can I go back? that will allow an easy transition How do I get Vista back without losing all of hard driver information Most important are the programs I have acquired over the years not sure I have all of the disks and do not want to have to look for them Please advise and sorry for the length of email and level of knowledge nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I upgraded to Windows 7, and didn't realize how tough it would be to roll back to Vista; is there any way to find my old product key so I can reinstall Vista, or is there a way to roll it back?

A:Upgraded to 7, lost Vista key

and welcome to the Forum

Your product key should be either on a sticker on the tower or in the case that the Vista DVD came in

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upgraded-to-7-lost-vista-key-364097.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I bought an upgrade to Vista for my Acer laptop. It originally came with xp with Acer software to tweek everything. I installed Vista and noticed that I still have XP. The only thing it did was place a new partition on my HD and left Xp still there. Half my HD space is gone ( half xp and the rest in the Vista partition). I just want to have one OS ( VISTA ) on my laptop with a full HD with no partitions and keep the Acer tweeking software. DID I SCREW THINGS UP AND IS IT TO LATE TO FIX?

A:Upgraded to Vista the wrong way.....HELP!!!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgraded-to-vista-the-wrong-way-help.727885/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I just upgraded from Vista Ultimate to 7 Ultimate, and only one problem encountered, and that's with MS Project 2007 - I had to do a repair to get that to work. All in all, great new product from MS...much better then Vista running in a virtual box using Fusion3 and SnowLeopard. Cheers!

A:Just upgraded from Vista to 7 - very nice!

First just in case no one else has; "Welcome to the Seven Forums."
It is always great to see another satisfied customer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/36413-just-upgraded-vista-7-very-nice.html
Relevancy 47.73%

This is my first post here so I do hope its in the right place,
Yesterday I upgraded my other desktop to vista premium,all has gone ok except I cannot get the sound to work.I have used the troubleshoot etc assuming it might be a driver issue and have updated existing drivers.I keep getting the message this device is working correctly.
I may be out of my depth here but went ahead with the install anyway.
I have just seen that on the c drive the fold entitled "Old" is there and when I look the Realtek and items are here.is there anyway I can restore these to enable my sound to return.

Sorry if its a bit non technical but its the only way I can put the problem

A:Just upgraded to Vista Premium (help)

First thing, i cant help you with reloading drivers If I dont know what system/model you have. List that and I will gve you the drivers to reinstall. Vista will install most, but there are a few you should re-install

First thing you need to do is go to Windows updates and click "check for updates", download, and Install any updates to your system, and keep going back after restarts until It says "Windows is up to date- no updates are available for your computer"
Then we will download and re-install the drivers (including sound) for your system.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/213641-just-upgraded-vista-premium-help.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I was runnung vista home 32 bit, and I upgraded to windows 7 professional.
I did a clean install of windows 7, 64 bit. May I run, legally, the vista home in a virtual window under the windows 7?
I ask because I have installed the vista home using vmware player with the windows 7 as host, but to continue, I must validate the vista home - the program I used for the upgrade.
Hope you can follow me!
Thanks
p.s. this is all on one computer

A:vista and upgraded windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by jimwoodward

I was runnung vista home 32 bit, and I upgraded to windows 7 professional.
I did a clean install of windows 7, 64 bit. May I run, legally, the vista home in a virtual window under the windows 7?
I ask because I have installed the vista home using vmware player with the windows 7 as host, but to continue, I must validate the vista home - the program I used for the upgrade.
Hope you can follow me!
Thanks
p.s. this is all on one computer

If you used a full retail DVD, you can use it. If you have to validate again, but upgraded with an upgrade disc, it would not be permitted.

I know that you used the word upgrade, but some people use that term to indicate going from vista or xp to 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/43505-vista-upgraded-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I upgrade Vista to Windows 7 now it will not let me download updates. I have 206 of them to download and install but it will not do it. It will make it freeze up sometimes. any  help would be appreciated thank you

A:upgraded to windows 7 from vista

Windows 7 are taking a very long time to download lately. I would only start a few at a time. On the last update I had to wait a couple of hours to download only a couple of updates. 

You can download and install this update manually and then see how the rest go. You will need to restart the computer before installing. You need to have SP1 before you can do this update. Right Click Computer and select Properties. It will tell you if you have SP1 under Windows Edition and also if you have 32bit or 64bit under the System section. 

https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/MS16-039

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611366/upgraded-to-windows-7-from-vista/
Relevancy 47.73%

i have a Toshiba laptop with vista because the drivers are vista only no xp to down grade to. i get this error message.

Steam.exe (main exception): Unable to write to the current Steam
application folder.
Please move Steam to a folder where you have write privileges.

i have no clue to what that means i have tried installing it to C:\Program Files and this one C:\Program Files (x86). why are there two program file locations.

thanks for your help nick.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-need-help-i-upgraded-to-vista-ultimate-266521.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Gateway, 64 bit desktop computer. I upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Win7 Home Premium and all seems to be working fine but.....
When left unattended for a while (1 hour or so) and I try to use the computer, first the mouse pointer will point but will not open a program or do anything other than move. Second after a few seconds the mouse pointer freezes and the computer will do anything. The keyboard is non functional also. I can't open task manager and have to reboot the computer with the power switch.
I have the power options set to maximum performance with the hibernation and sleep to never occur.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Upgraded from Vista to Win7, problem

Have you tried leaving it to "unfreeze" for several minutes? It sometimes helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upgraded-from-vista-to-win7-problem-439521.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I upgraded my system to Vista Home Premium bit by doing a clean install My last problem is getting my printers to talk I have printers on an old Intel print server HP MP amp HP Photosmart and directly to the PC via USB HP Photosmart I got the MP to connect and to Upgraded Vista Printing Problems - print by creating a TCP IP port I did the same with the Upgraded to Vista - Printing Problems photosmart but it won t print Nothing comes to the printer I tried several times nothing happens But the one that is really killing me is the printer connected via USB I downloaded the latest Vista drivers from HP and installed Everything installed without a hitch Once a document is sent to print it grabs the paper and spits out a blank sheet If I open printer properties and print a test page I get the MS logo and quot Windows Printer Test Page quot on the top the page then the rest of the sheet is blank I then get a second page that has the calibration printout If I go to print a document again again I get blank pages sometimes followed by the calibration print out I downloaded HP s printing diagnostic utility but it was of no help Printer checked out ok I uninstalled the driver software and reinstalled still the same thing I uninstalled all the USB ports from device manager and restarted still the same problem Don t know what else to do Printer was working perfect prior to the Vista upgrade nbsp

A:Upgraded to Vista - Printing Problems

The 1215 is not compatable with Vista.

However others have found a work-around, read the discussions at the link below.
http://winvistaforums.com/windows-vista-support/9403-installing-hp-photosmart-1215-vista-2.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgraded-to-vista-printing-problems.729646/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all in my searching for solutions this forum Upgraded Logon - XP to problems Vista came up with lots of good advice so I've joined in the hope that you can help me with something that's proving a bit intractable Apologies for the length of this post but I'd like to give as much info as possible I've been a bit nervous about upgrading a working system which is why I waited about years before biting the bullet The install disc I'm using comes from an old MSDN subscription I had several years ago and is I think the first official release of Vista I did a trial install on a clean partition to Upgraded XP to Vista - Logon problems ensure that my system could actually run Vista and that seemed to work fine so I went ahead with the upgrade of my XP system All seemed to go fine until I tried logging on to one of the three user accounts and got the dreaded 'user profile failed' message This happened to all of the accounts Following the advice I found in here I enabled the Administrator account and implemented the registry fix the ' bak' entries After a bit of firtling I managed to be able to consistently log on So first important point I have a system that sort of works However now when I look at the user profile folder in explorer most of them are duplicated - i e I have two 'Documents' folders two 'Download' folders and so on Investigation shows that one of the pair points to the Users lt user gt folder and the other the 'real' one - the one with the special icon points to system config userprofile Another however if I boot up in safe mode I only get one set of folders and these are the 'user' folders not the system ones This leads me to suspect that a driver is affecting the User folders such that the login process can't access them correctly I sometimes but not always get the message telling me that it's using a temporary profile Creating a brand new 'scratch' user also suffers from the login failed problem - but there's no registry entry to muck about with further confirming my suspicion that this has something to do with access to files Booting in safe mode allowed me to log on to that account Another possible data point to this theory I tried as Administrator to copy one of the user profile folders to a safe place It failed to copy one file it wouldn't say which one - any bets on ntuser dat with the claim that the file was in use by another program Startup repair doesn't see any problems Booting up in safe mode with networking appears to send the logon to sleep it sits there for a good minutes saying 'welcome' no apparent disc activity Fortunately Windows Update appears to be working so I'm in the process of getting every update I can in the hope that something will trip but I'm not holding my breath So that's about where I am I should add the other two important points here second point this started immediately after the upgrade so I do not have a system restore point prior to the problem so doing a system restore is not an option third point I will try anything rather than a clean install - I simply have too much invested in the current system for that to be feasible for example I need to deactivate certain programs such as Photoshop in order to be able to install them again and I'm not sure that that's currently possible Basically I would need to be able to recover some unknown subset of all registry entries from the original system I'm convinced that the problem is down to one rogue item probably a driver and that if I can locate and kill it then all should be OK again The problem is locating which one it is Again apologies for the length of this post especially from a first-timer and here's hoping someone can help me identify the source of the problem

A:Upgraded XP to Vista - Logon problems

Further info that may or may not be useful:

I turned on 'view hidden files' and 'view system files' in folder options. If I look at system32\config\systemprofile (got the name wrong above, sorry), I can see ntuser.dat but if I look in the Users\<user> folder, there's no sign of it, and search doesn't find it either. But... if I try to copy the systemprofile\ntuser.dat to the Users\<user> directory, it tells me that the file already exists. Hmmm - hidden hidden files.

Also is it normal for the Users\<user> directories to be marked read-only when you open up their properties?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284388-upgraded-xp-vista-logon-problems.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I upgraded from Vista to Win 7 32 bit on my HP dv9000 series laptop.At first my sound was fine.Then I was doing the updates and there was an optional update for my Conexant High-Definition Audio Driver audio. driver.I regrettably chose to do the optional and now my audio doesn't work whatsoever.In system devices it says my audio card is working, but when I go to the sound in control panel it says no audio device is installed.

I've tried going to the manufacturers website and downloading the original Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv9627cl Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English) and still the same story.I also have Driver Genius and tried the audio driver there and still no luck.

ALSO, I don't know if its related, but I have 2 base system devices not installed since the upgrade and I can't find them with Driver Genius. Does Anyone Have Any Ideas?!

A:Upgraded from Vista to Win 7 Ultimate (NO SOUND!)

I got this issue resolved on my own.After updates for windows 7 Processes weren't turned on that support my audio.I figured this out then used Tweak Windows Services with SMART Utility : HomePage | The Windows Club on "safe" to turn on/off processes that are or aren't relevant.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/157054-upgraded-vista-win-7-ultimate-no-sound.html
Relevancy 47.3%

So today I upgraded to Vista from XP. Every thing has run smoothly except I am having monitor resolution problems. I have a 17' Polaroid widescreen lcd tv that i double as my monitor. Vista doesn't recognize my monitor's resolution like XP did. Vista shows my monitor as a Generic PnP monitor and I can't change my resolution to anything higher than 640x480. I have tried updating my drivers and nothing works. Anyone know how I can fix this?

i wasn't sure where to put this so i put it in hardware also

A:Upgraded to Vista and my monitor isn't being detected

Hey! did you download the correct drivers for vista?.. if not.. uninstall drivers, reboot, install, reboot. I hope that helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgraded-to-vista-and-my-monitor-isnt-being-detected.755669/
Relevancy 47.3%

I upgraded my HP Pavilion a1010n computer to Windows Vista Home Premium.
I added a Jaton Nvidia 128mb pci video card and proceeded to fry the 250 watt power supply.
I just bought a 400 watt Kentek power supply and want to know if this upgrade is feasible without
burning up the motherboard and if I can use a 256mb or larger pci video card.

A:Upgraded HP Pavilion a1010n to Vista

The pw supply you purchased is absolute junk; very low quality. If you intend on running a real video card, then you need a quality pw supply. Recommended brands; corsair [not cx or builder series] seasonic, pcpower&cooling or FSP.

Honestly that system is not worth putting any money into attempting to upgrade. It does not have a pci-e slot so you are limited to pci video, came with a low end celeron, and only 512 of ram.

If you are intending on playing games, then it really would be best to either build a gaming system OR have one built for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgraded-hp-pavilion-a1010n-to-vista.1124503/
Relevancy 47.3%

Just upgraded Vista to W7 32bit Ultimate.
Upgrade seems to have gone ok ... Did report net framework 4 needed repair, and it did carry out repair.
I used Winmail with Vista, had the message about no email client installed with W7
What is best advice here, need to recover all my filed mails.

A quick Google shows that Winmail is but hidden, do I mess about and try & enable this? Or is there a better approach.?

A:Just upgraded from Vista - what email application

This is the exact reason I tell people to never use the mail program that comes with the OS.
I always use the service providers mail program. Do you have the windows.old folder in your new OS ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/211375-just-upgraded-vista-what-email-application.html
Relevancy 47.3%

So today I upgraded to Vista from XP. Every thing has run smoothly except I am having monitor resolution problems. I have a 17' Polaroid widescreen lcd tv that i double as my monitor. Vista doesn't recognize my monitor's resolution like XP did. Vista shows my monitor as a Generic PnP monitor and I can't change my resolution to anything higher than 640x480. I have tried updating my drivers and nothing works. Anyone know how I can fix this?

not sure where to put this so i put it in Vista forum too

A:Upgraded to Vista and now my monitor isn't being detected

Hi there,

First of all, I'd recommend uninstalling both the video drivers and the monitor drivers and reinstall them in that order. if that still does not work, it may be possible that Vista is detecting your monitor as a low-resolution television, which is common for LCD TVs and Vista. So far, there is no solution for that that i know of. I'd try running Windows Update to see if Microsoft made a fix for it yet.

Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgraded-to-vista-and-now-my-monitor-isnt-being-detected.755668/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey Guys,
I just upgraded my graphics card to
RADEON 9200 LE Family-AGP of 128 MB ''ASUS''
I can't get Windows Aero effect in my Vista Ultimate - 32 bit! (there's no option of windows Aero in my scheme dialog)

PLZ HELP I AM STUCK IN BASIC.

A:Upgraded Graphics ~No Aero In Vista~

Hi -

Go directly to ATI and update your video drivers -

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...downloads.aspx

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upgraded-graphics-no-aero-in-vista-519352.html
Relevancy 47.3%

and no problem.

WIN7 Upgrade advisor said that Arcsoft 5.5 (software that came with Canon Lide25 scanner) would have issues, but post-upgrade, none.

Her GeoForce Fx5200 and her soundcard drivers were both updated by Windows Update after install and likewsie that we off without a hitch.

All programs, settings etc were retained.

A P4 3ghz running 2.25 GB ram.

She's happy, I'm happy.

Rgds
Rod

A:Just upgraded wifes Vista HP to WIN7 HP

Glad for you that you don't have to sleep on the couch tonight.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/34386-just-upgraded-wifes-vista-hp-win7-hp.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently Upgraded my laptop to Vista Business Over the last days my computer just seems to crash for no reason Last night it crashed times while I getting lot!! Vista BSD Business a Laptop Upgraded My was playing videos I thought it might be MP so I played on VLC Same crashes happened Its playing amp from no where a blue screen BSD pops up It doesn t have any info just blue It lasts about - seconds then the whole system powers My Vista Business Upgraded Laptop getting BSD a lot!! down abruptly It then powers back up The problem is sometime it fails - times before it successfully boots back up Now today its crashed times I m not running videos Just a few Thunderbird Tabs Skype amp Outlook I ve had Vista for over a month amp this just started to happen Once it successfully reboots I get a widow that says System recovered from an unexpected shutdown or My Vista Business Upgraded Laptop getting BSD a lot!! something like that It got the below info from that window Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP C BCP B A BCP F DCA BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users john AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users john AppData Local Temp WER C F tmp version txt I also opened the reliability Monitor the chart show a steady decline starting searchprotocolhost exe stopped working OS Stopped working failure x ba x ee bad another OS Stopped OS stopped IN It had OS stopped errors amp a disruptive shutdown it had OS Stopped working My Reliability graph is falling faster that the stock market In Event viewer warning NtpClient was unable to set a domain peer to use as a time source because of discovery error NtpClient will try again in minutes and double the reattempt interval thereafter The error was The entry is not found x E Error The processing of Group Policy failed because of lack of network connectivity to a domain controller This may be a transient condition A success message would be generated once the machine gets connected to the domain controller and Group Policy has succesfully processed If you do not see a success message for several hours then contact your administrator There must be around warnings Error just today Its even crashed twice since I ve been on your site Like it doesn t want the problem to get fixed Any help guys Toshiba satellite Laptop-Celeron M Ghz- MB RAM-ATI Video card-Running VISTA Business

A:My Vista Business Upgraded Laptop getting BSD a lot!!

Hi. . .

I see you have a few issues with your laptop.

You mention that the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) comes up containing no information and abruptly disappears. Sometimes the screen flashes so fast prior to system shutdown that it simply has not yet displayed the error information. There are a few system settings that you can make to retain the BSOD to get the error information off of it and to produce a 64k memory minidump that may help.

Here is a screen shot of the changes you should make:
(START| SYSTEM | ==>)

When the BSOD comes up, either write down everything verbatim or take a picture or 2 of the screen and post it. The info that I would look for would be 1/2 - 3/4 down the screen on the left - it would say something to the effect "0x00000031 (0x00000007, 00000...." and you may see a driver file name something like "abcde123.sys". I consider these pieces of information to be vital and necessary prior to the commencement of finding a potential cause for this problem.

One other item - did I read your post correctly that you are running Vista Business with 702mb RAM? Most, including Microsoft, will tell you that Vista Business requires a minimum of 1024 mb RAM - and I would recommend going with at least 2048mb. This RAM issue may just be the root cause of your system problems.

regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/my-vista-business-upgraded-laptop-getting-bsd-a-lot-218823.html
Relevancy 47.3%

When i did i have no network driver (meaning Local Area Connection Card ) because when i try to install the xp cds installation it says that it dose not support my os the cd name is Asus Motherboard P4R8L .

My computer is iqon and screen philips can someone please help me also i installed Oracle VM VirtualBox and then in the bottom corner it has unidentified Network no internet access could you also make that work thanks

A:I recently UpGraded from xp to vista then windows 7

You will have to go to the website for your Asus motherboard and download either a Windows 7 or Vista NIC driver and install that onto your computer. You won't be able to use the driver that came with XP under Windows7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/103288-i-recently-upgraded-xp-vista-then-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I've installed the Windows 7 upgrade from Vista onto my C drive - I was careful about making sure I didn't do a custom installation because I wanted to keep my files and programs. After the installation - my programs are still installed, the file folders are still there, but the folders on my D drive are empty. My music, photo, video, and document libraries are completely empty.

Other threads have said to look in the Windows.old folder but there is no Windows.old folder on my computer. I had a few folders with documents on the desktop that are intact - so why would it delete some files but not others? Is there anyway to get my files back?

A:Upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 - Files are gone!

Use Recuva to recover files http://www.piriform.com/recuva

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/115044-upgraded-vista-windows-7-files-gone.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I went to Best Buy amp they said upgrading would get rid of the virus But this is what is happening While it was Vista Everytime I clicked on firefox safari pretty much any icon on my desktop an quot open with quot box popped up Now that I upgraded to Windows Home Premium it s a quot This program does not have a program associated with it for performing this action Please install a program or if one is get but of Upgraded W7 virus to luck. rid to Vista from no already installed create an association in the Default Programs control panel quot The only way I opened firefox for Upgraded from Vista to W7 to get rid of virus but no luck. this was by right-clicking and clicking quot run as administrator quot I found a forum on this problem but it was for Vista so I am wondering if there s anything different for windows I just want my computer back to normal Oh also I got the virus by downloading Tunebite But I deleted it shortly after because the free trial had run out nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a HP dv9000 with built in web and mic the camera works fine when i connect to skype but the computer doesn't even notice the mic is there. i went on control panel and recording devices and it doesn't list any. and there is no button to look for one or anything. what do i do?

-viicky

A:Upgraded to Vista and my built in mic does show up? HELP

In the recording tab right click and check show disabled and see if your mic shows up.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/190097-upgraded-vista-my-built-mic-does-show-up-help.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Upgraded windows xp to vista but now the network connection will not work. Need to install vista drivers for the network port that comes directly off the ASUS P4P800 motherboard, whats the name of the driver file i need to download and how do i find it?

Relevancy 47.3%

Alright so I recently updated my Windows Vista Toshiba laptop to Windows 7 Professional. I have Windows 7 on my desktop and I like it a lot more than Windows Vista. However, when I updated my laptop to the new OS, a few laptop features I had such as a scroll component on the touchpad or keyboard shortcuts no longer work. The scrolling component is just the section of the mouse pad touch pad on the side where you can conveniantly scroll up or down a page, but this doens't work, and keyboard shortcuts there is an extra key that can be pressed in addition to other labeled keys on the keyboard for various shortcuts such as volume or brightness controls. Not sure why these features would just stop working, but I Was wondering if there is a way I Can get them to work again without having to downgrade.

A:Upgraded Vista to 7 - Lost Some Features

Hi -

Go to Toshiba Support and download touchpad drivers.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...p?nav=Download

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upgraded-vista-to-7-lost-some-features-484752.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I just got this new computer, http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?lc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3715625&dlc=en&.

Anyways, the PC came with Vista, and I am disgusted by it, so I decided to try and instal Xp 64 (I'm scrubs with windowz), and well, everything works nice, I got the drivers for the 8500, and the Realtek HD, but the 20 million different modem drivers I've tried, do not work. Also now when I rebooted, Windows keeps on repeating the found new hardware wizard, and the hardware name is "Conexant Setup API".

Help x.x, I've been at this since 4 P.M and it's about to be 11 :(!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-connect-to-the-internet-after-upgraded-from-vista-to-xp-64-a-260506.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I bought a emachines W3507 computer in January, it came with a free upgrade to windows vista, so of course I got it... I upgraded and now no matter what program I use I can't burn cds of any kind. I checked that my drivers were installed and according to my computer my cd burner is "working properly" and has the latest drivers... is anyone else having this problem and how can I fix it?

A:upgraded to windows vista and now I can't use my burner

Ah, the vicissitudes of Vista. Why anyone puts it on their computer is a mystery. Take it off, put back on Xp and wait a year.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgraded-to-windows-vista-and-now-i-cant-use-my-burner.571253/
Relevancy 46.44%

Have done an upgrade from Vista Ultimate x86 to Win 7 7077 x86. Absolutely no problems, went as smooth as can be.

Increased speed, even though there is only 2GB RAM and 160GB hdd. Vista felt sluggish and slow. It has now grown wings.

A:Upgraded Vista to Windows 7 build 7077 x86

I didn't have much of a problem with Vista's speed with 2GB of RAM. Though I have Home Premium and not Ultimate. Either way each build of 7 that I've used are noticeably better than Vista's speed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/6937-upgraded-vista-windows-7-build-7077-x86.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my Windows system to Vista and suddenly, iTunes doesn't seem to recognize my iPod touch! I've repaired-installed my iTunes and downloaded a newer version but still it doesn't recognize my iPod (I've tried restarting it as well).

When I plug in my iPod, the computer will pop up with a screen asking if I want to open my Apple iPod to view the files or to transfer pictures from there? I thought it was weird that it only recognized it as a camera.. ?

Please help! I am desperate to get my iPod to sync with my iTunes!

Thank you.

A:Upgraded to Vista - iTunes will not recognize my iPod

Just a quick note, it won't help your problem most likely:

It sounds like you have an ipod touch. I also have one and the system is supposed to see it as a camera/scanner. For some reason Apple didn't want it used as a mass storage device anymore.

Have you tried booting the ipod into recovery mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upgraded-to-vista-itunes-will-not-recognize-my-ipod-354194.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i went from win xp home to win vis ultimate i like it and every thing but when i did it i reformated my d drive from fat32 to ntfs and my c drive is still fat32. i tryed to reformat it and chang the volum on it but it wont let me and it says its my primary partiton. iv been trying to whipe it clean and make my d drive with vista on it my primary how do i go about doing that and all so i think my win xp is still on my c drive and i want to no how to whipe that out to. anybody know how or what i did wrong?>???

A:[SOLVED] i just upgraded to windows vista ultimate

Is this an XP upgrade or did you purchase a full retail version of Vista?

When you boot-up using the HDD, does it boot into Vista on drive d:?

Can you still boot-up into XP on drive c:?

How old is this system and are you sure that its hardware can handle Vista Ultimate?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-i-just-upgraded-to-windows-vista-ultimate-294934.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi Guys and gals,

I recently just upgraded from xp to vista 32 and i've been trying to connect to the internet but to no avail. I've updated my drivers but still I have nothing. When I connect the ethernet wire directly into the laptop, the internet works.

Here are some specs:

- Business Vista
- Intel R Pro/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection
- Router: Netgear 108 mbps wireless firewall router WGT624 v3
Note: I can't access 192.168.1.1 through normal direct connection on this laptop with the vista.
uhh..I'm not sure what else you may need but please tell me and I can list them out for you. Just a request, I'm really bad at computers in general so if it's ok, can i get a step by step guide of what to do. Vista is really confusing >.<

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I have toshiba satellite L300-1DN.

I upgraded to Windows Premium yesterday from Basic.

My problem is that the display on screen of either letters, symbols icons are not as bright, crisp and clear as like with Windows Vista Basic. i would even describe it as blurred!! Even my partner noticed this.

What can i do to get to reslove this.? any comments very much appreciated.

thanks

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello,

I upgraded to windows vista yesterday and it couldnt find my audio or w/e. i went through the process of it trying to find it for me but they couldnt find it and said to contact the maker of it. Here is my card.

Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device

i have a custome dell. someone said i needed to do something with my motherboard but i dont even know what that is. I suck at computers.

Please help tell me if you need anymore information.

thank you

A:I upgraded to windows vista and it cant find my audio please help

Windows Vista Home Basic (build 6000) Dell Inc. Dimension 4700
System Service Tag: 13RLX61 (support for this PC)
Chassis Serial Number: 13RLX61
Enclosure Type: Mini-Tower
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Dell Inc. 0M3918
Serial Number: ..CN708214CR03XQ.
Bus Clock: 800 megahertz
BIOS: Dell Inc. A06 01/10/2005
Drives Memory Modules c,d
75.53 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
23.62 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

COMBO IDE5232CO USB Device [CD-ROM drive]
SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S ATA Device [CD-ROM drive]

Maxtor 6Y080M0 [Hard drive] (80.00 GB) -- drive 0, s/n Y23BAMXC, rev YAR51HW0, SMART Status: Healthy 2046 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'CHANNEL A DIMM 0' has 512 MB
Slot 'CHANNEL B DIMM 0' has 512 MB
Slot 'CHANNEL A DIMM 1' has 512 MB
Slot 'CHANNEL B DIMM 1' has 512 MB
Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 75.53 GB 23.62 GB free

Network Drives
None detected
Users (mouse over user name for details) Printers
local user accounts last logon
Chase Malpede 6/21/2007 12:32:46 PM (admin)
local system accounts
Administrator never (admin)
ASPNET never
Guest never
HelpAssistant never
SUPPORT_388945a0 never
Marks a disabled account; Marks a locked account Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort:

Controllers Display
ATA Channel 0 [Controller] (2x)
Intel(R) 82801FB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2651
Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 266F NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) [Display adapter]
DELL E173FP [Monitor] (17.1"vis, s/n U493151VEF6L, February 2005)
Bus Adapters Multimedia
Microsoft iSCSI Initiator
Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 2658
Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 2659
Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 265A
Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB Universal Host Controller - 265B
Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 265C Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device
USB Audio Device
Communications Other Devices
Intel(R) 537EP V9x DF PCI Modem
Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
Dhcp Server: none responded
Physical Address: 00:11:11:E0:85:3B
isatap.gateway.2wire.net
isatap.{AEDF39A2-FBF3-4158-8B32-1FB93E5E5F1E}
Linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter
Auto IP Address: 192.168.1.65 / 24
Gateway: 192.168.1.254
Dhcp Server: 192.168.1.254
Physical Address: 00:12:17:A3:4A:74
Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Networking Dns Server: 192.168.1.254
USB Human Interface Device
Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
HID-compliant mouse
USB Composite Device
USB Mass Storage Device
USB Root Hub (5x)
Generic volume shadow copy
Virus Protection [Back to Top]
No details available
Missing Microsoft Security Hotfixes [Back to Top]
These required security hotfixes (using the 06/12/2007 Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary) were not found installed. Note: CIS benchmarks require that Critical and Important severity security hotfixes must be installed.
Q931768 - Critical (details...)

Installed Microsoft Hotfixes [Back to Top]
.NETFramework
S867460 on 6/20/2007 (details...)
MSXML4SP2
KB927978 on 2/19/2007 (details...)
Windows Vista
KB925902 on 6/20/2007 (details...)
KB929123 on 6/20/2007 (details...)
KB929399 on 6/20/2007 (details...)
KB930178 on 6/20/2007 (details...)
KB930857 on 6/20/2007 (details...)
KB931213 on 6/20/2007 (details...)
KB932246 on 6/20/2007 (details...)
Windows Vista (continued)
KB933566 on 6/20/2007 (details...)
Word 2002
KB873379 on 6/21/2007 (details...)
KB894541 on 6/21/2007 (details...)
KB911701 on 6/21/2007 (details...)
KB913471 on 6/21/2007 (details...)
KB914796 on 6/21/2007 (details...)
KB920816 on 6/21/2007 (details...)
KB920821 on 6/21/2007 (details...)
KB934394 on 6/21/2007 (details...)
KB934705 on 6/21/2007 (details...)
heres my information hope i didnt give to much

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-upgraded-to-windows-vista-and-it-cant-find-my-audio-please-help.586859/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi

recently went from the pre installed vista on my HP dv6920ea laptop to 7enterprise.

When i put in a cd or usb key there is no autorun box that appears now.

Also ive lost the pre installed cd / dvd burning / copying program. Where might i find that again?

thanks

A:lost functions / programs. upgraded to 7 from vista

also cant seem to access the old recovery partition now on boot up (someone said i might be able to re install the original cd burning software from there

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/22426-lost-functions-programs-upgraded-7-vista.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I'm having repeated BSOD's on my laptop Fujitsu T5010. It's like tlyhat they're caused by driver conflicts; when I bought the machine (2008) it had Vista OS and I Windows 7 upgrade disk but I didn't upgrade until recently. I had several problems installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1 but more importantly, several features of the laptop stopped working (auto rotation of the screen, tablet buttons, etc.). It's a very common problem for this machine's owners and in trying to solve (unsuccessfully) those issues I probably installed drivers that were not compatible.

I set up verifier with the settings suggested here. The machine crashed immediately upon boot. I've attached some .dmp files.

When I try to use the downloaded SF Diagnostic Tool Windows immediately throws a "stopped working" exception. I am running it as administrator.

Thanks for any help.

A:Repeated BSOD's on laptop upgraded from Vista

Hi SteveAltman.

Upload the list of all the third party drivers Using NirSoft DriverView :
Download and execute Driverview
View > Hide Microsoft Drivers
Edit > Select all
File > Save Selected Items
In the Save dialog, Set the path to desktop, Put "Driverview" in the name field, and save.
Zip the .txt file and upload it.
upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
These will help us to have a deeper look at the situation.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, c2e61980, e3142ae0, c2e48af8}

Probably caused by : ACPI.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time (usually 10 minutes).
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: c2e61980, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: e3142ae0, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: c2e48af8, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------
DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3

IMAGE_NAME: ACPI.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4ce788e0

MODULE_NAME: ACPI

FAULTING_MODULE: c88c9000 ACPI

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

STACK_TEXT:
e3142a94 e30e2377 0000009f 00000003 c2e61980 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
e3142b00 e30e23f0 e3142bac 00000000 e314f380 nt!PopCheckIrpWatchdog+0x1f5
e3142b38 e30944d9 e315d6e0 00000000 92079a04 nt!PopCheckForIdleness+0x73
e3142b7c e309447d e3145d20 e3142ca8 00000002 nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x50
e3142c68 e309433a e3145d20 e3142ca8 00000000 nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0x101
e3142cdc e30924ce 0050da58 c77afd48 e314f380 nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x25c
e3142d20 e30922f8 00000000 0000000e 00000000 nt!KiRetireDpcList+0xcb
e3142d24 00000000 0000000e 00000000 00000000 nt!KiIdleLoop+0x38
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_tpm_IMAGE_ACPI.sys

BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_tpm_IMAGE_ACPI.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !irp c2e48af8
Irp is active with 7 stacks 6 is current (= 0xc2e48c1c)
No Mdl: No System Buffer: Thread 00000000: Irp stack trace. Pending has been returned
cmd flg cl Device File Completion-Context
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000

Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/315819-repeated-bsods-laptop-upgraded-vista.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My very old but reliable Pavilion dv6645us came originally with Win Vista but recently upgrade it to Win 7. Now I lost audio (Red X on icon in task bar) and internet(a Yellow Triangle with an !).  I have tried by all means to fix the driver problem to no avail. When I troubleshoot the internet connection, I get a -- "Local Area Connection" doesn't have a vlid IP configuration--. When I troubleshoot the Audio, I get --No Audio Output Device is installed--.  I then tried to upgrade to Win 10 and see if it would work with the same  results.  I am about to give up on my notebook... The thing is, I am 72 years old and not about to buy a new one because I cannot afford it!  I will appreciate all the help you people can provide me. Thanks!

A:My notebook Pavilion dv6645us with Win Vista but upgraded it...

Hey @bluewatch,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! This is a great place to find solutions and help from our community! I understand you're having some issues and are unable to use audio or internet on your notebook. I'd be happy to help. You could try running the HP Support Assistant however, it most likely won't be much help if you can't get on the internet.The following are some helpful links for troubleshooting the HP Support Assistant or downloading the latest version:HP Support AssistantHP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8) I also strongly recommend running the Windows Update Tool as it may find, and update any old or missing drivers that you need. If you can't do either of those things then your best bet would be to call in and see if you can get recovery media for the notebook if you don't have recovery discs. If you need to call in please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html Please keep me posted.  You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!Cheers,TechSurge.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-notebook-Pavilion-dv6645us-with-Win-Vista-but-upgraded-it/td-p/5672148
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey All Ok I have done EVERYTHING i can possibly find on the net to fix this problem I am using Firefox Netscape Safari and IE NONE of them will play any Windows view to video WMP Vista! Can't since I upgraded Streaming Media Streaming Content I have installed plugin after plugin that are suppose to fix these problems but no luck Can't view WMP Streaming video since I upgraded to Vista! at all For example when I go to TSN ca and click on any of their videos I get an error that says quot Firefox users need to install the following ActiveX compatibility plug-in Windows Media Player ActveX plug-in To begin the installation you may need to add our site to your list of trusted sites quot So I go ahead and install it and it still dosent work Then I try to listen to my Sirius Satellite Radio online and I can push the play button and it just sits there says I am missing a application x-oleobject I have no idea what the problem is I can listen watch my Windows Media Player for DVD s and Cd s no problem just will not work with streaming video Anybody have any other suggestions Thanks SPECS Windows Vista Home Premium Build vista gdr - HP Pavilion m n Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM DirectX Version DirectX nbsp

A:Can't view WMP Streaming video since I upgraded to Vista!

Did you have any earlier codecs or plugins which might conflict with Vista before you upgraded?
Is WMV files associated with the correct program?
Have you tried VLC Media Player from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-view-wmp-streaming-video-since-i-upgraded-to-vista.669904/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I can't seem to find a fix to my problem anywhere else. First off my computer ran fine before, no crashes or anything, but I was running Windows VISTA.Recently I have upgraded to Windows Home SP3 and now my games seem to crash within 20-60 minutes of playing. I have installed all the drivers for every piece of hardware and I'm at a loss. My games completely freeze up and the only way to come back is a reboot, (I've even had that blue screen of death). If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

My specs are:
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
2.85 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad Q9550
Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5N-D 1.XX
Hitachi HDP725050GLA SCSI Disk Device (500.11 GB)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Compaq FS740 [Monitor]
I have 8gb RAM but it only uses 3.25 or whatever.

A:Upgraded to XPSP3 from Vista, Games crashing.

Changing from Vista to XP is "downgrading" as you are moving to an older OS.

Check the Windows Event Viewer and see if Windows is logging any errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/upgraded-to-xpsp3-from-vista-games-crashing-413178.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi - I try to explain this clearly since I m not computer savy I have a HP that has a Hp Laptop it had Pavilion XP removed Vista want to upgraded C drive and a D drive recovery partition I never made recovery discs Hp Pavilion Laptop had XP upgraded to Vista want it removed for it Hp Pavilion Laptop had XP upgraded to Vista want it removed My HP came with XP Home Premium then I upgraded to Vista Home Premium I am having all sorts of problems and want to go back to XP using Hp Pavilion Laptop had XP upgraded to Vista want it removed my D partition BUT theres one huge problem or not if you know what your doing and I don t My system crashed last nite and when I turned it back on it made me the guest with my name and a blank picture appears that needs a password and username and when I try system restore or anything it wants a password and even if I had it it wont let me even type into the space where its required I cant even download a picture of this cause Im in safe mode - The computer stated when I try to help myself quot Windows needs your permission to continue Edit security Microsoft Windows then a big line of numbers then it says quot To continue type an admin password and then click OK then theres a space to type and it wont let me type anything and thens theres a choice to click OK which I can t and then Cancel which I can My question is Can I get to my D drive and just restore my PC to my old system I dont care if I lose any work I just want my laptop back no one else evens uses it Can I turn it off then when I turn it on click F something and it will erase and recover like new or can I reinstall Vista again and erase this mess HELP oh please Help Thanks in advance if anyone answers Sorry for the length nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello,

I just recently had one of those automatic upgrades take place after I shut down my computer. When I started it back up again, all of a sudden none of my applications could connect to the internet, Firefox 3.0, IE, Steam, AIM...etc...etc even though the network center application says that I am connected to the internet.

Something that might help diagnose the problem: every time I close Firefox or IE, I get a "Firefox has stopped working" dialog box and if I click "check online for a solution" I get this

The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000005) occurred in the application at location 0x007e00c4

any help is greatly appreciated,

Thank you

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/209767-i-upgraded-vista-x64-now-my-applications-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have an HP nx7400 laptop. I have just completed an upgrade from Vista Business to Windows 7 Professional. The system passed the upgrade advisor and no error messages were given during the upgrade process.
However, though all the programs (and data files) that I expected to see are there, I cannot start any Microsoft Office ones (running Office 2007). I can run Internet Explorer and Fierfox 8. I can run Adobe Acrobat X. I cannot run Norton 360 Premier, though the system tells me that it is switched off.
I have tried to run Control Panel and, after an initial open, a pop up box tells me that Explorer has stopped running and will restart. The open boxes close, the screen goes blank for a few seconds and then reopens at the home page. No attempts to run Control Panel will make it stay open.
Can anyone, please, help me find a diagnostics route to getting my PC back?

A:Just upgraded from Vista cannot access Microsoft programs

Sounds like corruption that can sometimes result from the inferior in-place Upgrade install, particularly with HP which is absolute worst with the preinstalled bloatware.

You can work through the troubleshooting steps, reinstall Office, etc. but it may well take more time than cutting your losses plus getting a much superior install by Clean Reinstalling Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/202258-just-upgraded-vista-cannot-access-microsoft-programs.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I m helping a friend out with a HP Color LaserJet All-in-One Printer which they cannot get working on vista or the scanner working I m calling them later today at UK time this post was submitted at the info I have so far They had the all-in- on an XP machine but needed some help from HP support to get it working correctly this was some time ago she cannot remember what was done on Printer A-in-1 LaserJet 2800 Vista HP upgraded Now they have upgraded to Vista and HP LaserJet 2800 A-in-1 Printer on upgraded Vista they cannot get the Vista driver to instal - as it installs it asks for the printer to be plugged in and then hangs and eventually provides a message that the installation failed My Plan is as follows - Any advice additions changes to below please let me know Uninstall the software from programs and features remove the printer I guess I want to remove any Printer information that may be left over from the XP version before upgrade I dont know how they upgraded Also I know HP does not like the printer to be HP LaserJet 2800 A-in-1 Printer on upgraded Vista plugged in before install so this may be the problem too is there something like norton uninstaller for printers as requested any further help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hey All Ok I have done EVERYTHING i can video I upgraded Can't Streaming WMP view since to Vista! possibly find on the net to fix this problem I am using Firefox Netscape Safari and IE NONE of them will play any Windows Media Streaming Content I have installed plugin after plugin that are suppose to fix these problems but no luck at all For example when I go to TSN ca and click on any of their videos I get an error that says quot Firefox users need to install the following ActiveX compatibility plug-in Windows Media Player ActveX plug-in To begin the installation you may need to add our site to your list of trusted sites quot So I go ahead and install it and it Can't view WMP Streaming video since I upgraded to Vista! still dosent work Then I try to listen to my Sirius Satellite Radio online and I can push the play button and it just sits there says I am missing a application x-oleobject I have no idea what the problem is I can listen watch my Windows Media Player for DVD s and Cd s no problem just will not work with streaming video Anybody have any other suggestions Thanks SPECS Windows Vista Home Premium Build vista gdr - HP Pavilion m n Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM DirectX Version DirectX nbsp