Windows Support Forum

Vista Home Continually Reboots

Q: Vista Home Continually Reboots

I'm hoping someone here recognizes what this problem might be and can give me clues as to how to remedy it.

I have windows vista home basic. The computer started going into a reboot mode ... it would get to the point where I click on a profile and enter my password, and then reboot . . . sometimes even before I click on that profile.

If I use the F8 key to get the repair screen, I can always use "Last Known Good Configuration" and the computer will boot and work just perfect then, but every time I shut down or do a restart, it's right back to the reboot problem. I have swapped out the memory to see if that was the issue and the problem is still there. I did a standard CHKDSK at bootup and found nothing.

I am lost :(

Can anyone offer some suggestions as to what this might be and how to remedy it?

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-home-continually-reboots-338158.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Vista Home Continually Reboots

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 78.26%

Here s the situation I had some malware that royally messed up my computer Malwarebytes amp Friends couldn t fix it properly major problem was the Google Redirect issue So I ran ComboFix When I did a running Combofix Vista Windows continually after reboots dialog box with quot Error quot appeared I Windows Vista continually reboots after running Combofix clicked it away and then Windows Vista restarted After the restart ComboFix automatically ran and did the system check After it was done everything seemed fine Google Redirect issue seemed to be fixed I was happy I then shut my computer down but it took ages - it got stuck at the quot Shutting down quot screen and I decided to just turn the power off which was probably a mistake sorry Now whenever I try to boot Windows it reboots Safe Mode presents the same problem I uploaded the ComboFix log file Also I still have access to the file system since I have Linux running on the same machine Maybe this helps I am thankful for any help Thank Windows Vista continually reboots after running Combofix you

A:Windows Vista continually reboots after running Combofix

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346816/windows-vista-continually-reboots-after-running-combofix/
Relevancy 76.54%

Specs Gateway FX S - Tower - x Core Quad Q GHz - RAM GB - HDD x GB - DVD RW R DL DVD-RAM - GF GT - Gigabit Ethernet - Vista Home Premium - bit These are the specs I got of Amazon because I cant even Windows drive, Vista: continually hard corrupted reboots Trojan boot up this computer right now They sound right Last night my Windows Vista: Trojan corrupted hard drive, continually reboots antivirus advira popped up saying I had a Trojan and immediately started a full system scan A few seconds later Windows crashed and when I rebooted I got these Errors Critical Error Damaged hard drive cluster detected Private data is at risk Critical Error RAM memory usage is critically high RAM memory failure Critical Error Hard drive not found The rest of the Error is illegible to me i took a bad picture It looks like Locating hard drive Then I get a pop up from windows saying Windows a hard disk problem It tried to repair it windows later crashed again I tried to get the computer into safe mode by pressing F at the start up but safe mode wouldn t boot up when I clicked it It just booted up in normal mode I went into the boot up menu and did a system restore using a restore point from about days back It worked and I thought everything was fine there were no more error pop ups Then I tried addressing the problem of the virus I ran MSconfig put the computer into safe mode This is where my problem now lies The computer keeps on trying to boot up but returns to the original page just as if I had restarted the computer It stops at the windows loading screen and then the boot process starts all over again Is there a fix for this or am I looking at dropping bucks for windows Will that even help Please get back to me Thanks

A:Windows Vista: Trojan corrupted hard drive, continually reboots

Hi WillN,Welcome to Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal (VTSMR) forum. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (scanning or running other tools, updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might interfere with our fixes. In case of making changes I shall assume my assistance is not needed any more.Please tell me if you can use F8 key to get to Advanced Boot Options.Also tell me if you have a Windows Vista installation DVD.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/366684/windows-vista-trojan-corrupted-hard-drive-continually-reboots/
Relevancy 65.36%

The computer I am working on unlike the Eveready Bunny keeps rebooting Just won't stay booted up It will keep running in safe mode XP Pro Win reboots continually but when Windows boots normally it will stay up for about minute and the cycle continues I removed all hardware except for Graphics Card Memory CPU HD and Floppy drive After reboot the problem still persists Win XP Pro continually reboots I removed all but stick of MB DDR MHz memory and still had the same issues I uninstalled the graphics software from ad-remove for the graphics card installed a different graphics card and installed the drivers for it and still had the same problems I have uninstalled some of the programs hoping that would resolve the issue But no luck There is however one program listed in Add Remove that will not install MMS Screensaver I have booted into save mode and ran Spybot Win XP Pro continually reboots S amp D Ad-aware and Norton AV I cant download the current updates for these program because the computer won't stay booted up long enough to get the downloads I attempted to boot up into Safe Mode w networking but at that point Windows shuts down again Win XP Pro W SP MSI Kt V LSR Motherboard AMD Athlon XP Ultra DDR PC RAM Help Thanks Keith R

A:Win XP Pro continually reboots

Is the cpu fan on correctly, with artic 5 thermal compound?
The power supply might be suspect, give us the specs on that.
Lastly, what antivirus program is installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-pro-continually-reboots-152077.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello again I recently acquired a quot Project quot Reboots Continually computer which is running XP Home The Continually Reboots problem with it is that I find that it continually reboots itself without fully loading windows It goes to power on to a screen that says it is detecting IDE devices and does and then flashes another screen which I can t tell what it says because it flashes too quickly After it disappears the WinXP window appears for a few seconds and then the computer shutsdown and starts the process all over I have gotten it to reboot to the Safe Mode window by shuting the computer off manually and Continually Reboots then repowering However when I do get to this Safe Mode window I m unable to move the curser to Safe Mode operation because the keyboard isn t active I m assuming that this is because the keyboard is USB and the device hasn t loaded yet I will try this again with a different keyboard to see if I m correct In the meantime any suggestions from the pros is always welcome Thanks in advance as I always appreciate your assistance nbsp

A:Continually Reboots

You are correct on the keyboard get a real one and try to use that. As far as the reboots I say hardware hardware hardware, Better yet I would gues as to RAM or Video Card but likely RAM try a different stick. Let us know
Peter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/continually-reboots.291428/
Relevancy 65.36%

Ok so my computer starts up PC Continually Reboots it gets passed the bios shows the Windows XP loading screen for a couple of seconds and then it reboots Continually It would go on till the end of time if I let it I can t figure it out I noticed some strange lines across the screen and some funny behavior a few weeks ago That was obviously indicative of something I have replaced the graphics card nothing PC Continually Reboots I have replaced the power supply nothing I haven t PC Continually Reboots recently installed anything no SP recently installed or anything It s an Athlon system about years old Probably Athlon or so I can t even get it to boot to a cd or floppy despite the bios being set to do so I don t know where to go from here I can usually fix my own problems but I am thinking I might have to take it in I put the hard drives in some one elses computer and they were fine So to recap it doesn t seem to be the power supply graphics card or hard drive Any suggestions would be a god send at this point nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

My pc is running a PIII 933 MHz processor, and over the weekend when I booted up, it gave a 'Video card failed to initialize' message, then it hung. I rebooted it and now it continues to loop through the reboot procedure, with no error message. I swapped out the video card, and that didn't work. I also swapped out the hard drive, thinking maybe the HD is bad, but that didn't work either. So now I'm stuck with a loopy computer! Could it be the BIOS or the motherboard, possibly? Help!

A:PC continually reboots

Hi
Considering how old a system running a 933 is today, and from what you've described, I would say the mobo is flakey. Can you try the cpu and ram in another system?

Don't get me wrong though, a 933 is fine for anything on the web as far as browsing and older games goes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-continually-reboots.33474/
Relevancy 65.36%

My daughters computer was continually rebooting so I did a format and reinstall of Windows xp at my house. The computer was running fine for about 4 hours while I installed programs, put in a virus scanner ect, She took the computer home and hooked it up and now it is rebooting continually again. Any ideas out there, I am baffled, also had her hook up a different monitor to see if that was the problem no luck. Thanks....bondi

Relevancy 65.36%

I am running Windows XP and yesterday I did a windows update, and since then my PC loads until the windows page then reboots. It never gets to the desktop stage. I have tried running in safe mode but that does not work either. I have checked and there is no problem with RAM or power supply. Any ideas?
Thanks Guys.

A:PC continually reboots

You may have to "Boot" from your Installation XP Disc and do a "Repair Install"

You will not loose any settings or Programs but you will have to re-download all your updates...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-continually-reboots.564418/
Relevancy 65.36%

My computer keeps rebooting Running Windows XP Continually XP Reboots Pro with Service Pack II installed several months ago All was fine until lately First mySpyware Atomizer kept saying it was corrupted everytime I booted this was after about two weeks installation I would go to the website and update each time this happened While on the computer yesterday my Zone Alarm Firewall had problems logs quit posting and could not do a check of hits yet it seemed to be functioning somewhat Today all my computer will do it continually XP Continually Reboots reboot I have run my Norton run my other spyware programs and nothing Tried to change the boot sequence to get my XP disk to boot it loaded the drivers but when starting windows came on nothing would happen Don t Know I have a new XP Continually Reboots video card about two months when I had a similar problem Thanks for any help Pentium III Windows XP service pk Norton Anti-virus Zone Alarm Pro Firewall Atomizer Spyware Spybot NoAdware

A:XP Continually Reboots

have you tried to get it to boot up and stay up in Safe Mode?

Explain more about the video card and the similar problem in the past.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21165/xp-continually-reboots/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I m trying to fix a problem on a co-worker s laptop an HP Pavilion ze When turned on the unit attempts to load XP but fails Then it reboots automatically and trys again This process continues until I power the unit down I was able to load the system recovery discs but continually load, Won't reboots this changed nothing After this I ran fdisk to check on the partitions Found something called quot Hidden C drive quot It appeared to have two partitons on it one Fat Won't load, reboots continually the other NTFS After loading the first system recovery disk there were some option regarding quot hybernating the drive quot I Won't load, reboots continually bypassed that and just went through normal system recovery I Won't load, reboots continually then took out the partitions and re-loaded the system recovery discs again This went through fine but the unit continues as before--reboot after reboot without a successful loading of XP My guess is that the problem might be this quot hidden drive C quot thing As I write this the unit continues to reboot fail to load and re-start continually Anyone with any ideas or suggestions for a fix would be appreciated The owner of the unit got it on Ebay Don t know what he paid for it Don t know if maybe it got damaged during shipping or something but I suspect it was sent to him with this problem Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Won't load, reboots continually

is the unit getting hot and what type of hdd is it ? found out who made the hdd look up a Low level utility for that hdd samsung sung utilty wd wd utility etc. etc. and maybe low level format the drive . this will wipe any and all information on the drive and writes 0's to it so with win xp u goin to have to redo the partions , and low level formatting will erase any hidden drives as well ..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wont-load-reboots-continually.40884/
Relevancy 64.5%

Can only start the computer in safe mode or safe continually reboots Computer mode with networking or command prompt Starting Computer continually reboots computer normally it will either blue screen log on temporarily and then reboot or it will just keep rebooting unless I go to safe mode Tried last known good config have run malwarebytes house calls gmer and one for mbr The mbr log came back with copy of mbr found on sector I have tried various tech sites for help and removed many viruses trojans and malwares Everything seems to point to a corrupt Bootini I followed steps for correcting that with windows recovery console but still the same problem i Computer continually reboots go to msconfig and the bootini seems corrupted there s a copy of the bootini that says noexecute optin between Windows XP Home Edition and fastdetect there s nothing under boot loader and the timeout says Has anyone dealt with this before Can I some how delete this or do I need to take the computer in I am a novice at best but if I could get some help or guidance perhaps I can tackle this myself

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436339/computer-continually-reboots/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

My system keeps rebooting. I start off at the HP splashscreen. I then get the screen where I select which copy of Windows XP to start. I then get the HP splashscreen. This just keeps repeating.

I tried starting in Safe Mode and I get as far as mup.sys and then the HP splashscreen again, etc.

Help is very much appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449771/system-continually-reboots/
Relevancy 64.5%

Ho guys im new and my computer seems to be broken - anyways I have very little computer knowledge so any help would be really great Cheers So my computer started Computer reboots. continually slowing down a few days ago naturally I clean out old programs but it's still abut slow Computer continually reboots. anyway a few days later when I try to login the box where a picture appears and you enter your login password just don't appear I realised I didn't have a back up to solve this problem so I bought a vista install disk same type as my computer hepc from techguys website After I decided to do a full destructive recovery when I booted my computer I got the error quot checksum file is corrupted in the header quot or similar can't remember exactly so I re did the full destructive recovery and now my computer just reboots every time it gets to the phillips screen as it's loading and it does this continually If I restart with the install disk in I get back to the techguys screen with options to repair and recover ect Any help would be great guys Thanx Dave

A:Computer continually reboots.

Hi and welcome to TSF I wonder if it is something similar to this [SOLVED] checksum error vista

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-continually-reboots-589577.html
Relevancy 64.5%

So I started it in safe mode, went to the help center, and looked at the Error Log. The Log tells me that "Symantec antivirus client service terminated with the following error: The enviroonment is incorrect."

It also tells me there is a system error

error code 10000000a,
parameter1 ff1701f0,
parameter2 00000002,
parameter3 00000000,
parameter4 804d9b64

It is a Sony Vaio, running Windows XP

A:my laptop continually reboots

Not much information to work with here. Any recent installations? new hardware? What was going on when this started? Any reason to believe this is the antivirus?

Continuall reboot often indicates a hardware issue. One way to get more info is to go to My Computer/Advanced (tab)/ Startup and recovery/... uncheck the 'restart on system failure' and check the 'write event to system log'.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-continually-reboots.771314/
Relevancy 64.5%

I caught something at an unsavory site but I don t know what Now my computer starts up but to seconds after Windows is up I get the blue screen of death and it reboots itself It does this in a continual loop whether I m in normal mode or safe mode The one minute that it s up is enough time for me to find out the following - My C drive seems to still have all the crucial operating system files and all my data - The CPU is at the whole time - In task manager I can see that csrss exe is using most of the CPU but the rest is being used by several devldr exe processes that keep appearing and disappearing one second there are of them then then then etc - I managed to run HijackThis and get a log Comparing it to my saved baseline log the only new items are O - DPF BF D - C - B -BC -D ABDDC B QuickTime Object - http www apple com qtactivex qtplugin cabO - DPF E A C- - A -AFFD-C BC A B Quantum Streaming IE Player Class - http mvnet xlontech net qm fox qsp ie cabI m stumped as to how to proceed I tried using a startup disk but I didn t have access to enough diagnostic tools with it Any ideas

A:My Pc Continually Reboots Itself After Starting

In the Windows Task Manager, under Processes, what entry is reporting the most usage? You may also want to look in the Event Viewer under the Administrative Tools.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76895/my-pc-continually-reboots-itself-after-starting/
Relevancy 64.5%

Wondered if someone could help with a pc that continually reboots. Cannot get to windows environment. Boots no matter what option is taken: safe mode, normal, last known config, safe mode with command prompt, etc...

Specs: HP Pavilion 751n, xp home, Intel Pentium 4, CPU Speed 1800 mhz, Motherboard ASUS P4S-LA, Form Factor: UATX, Processor socket type: MPGA478, Chipset: SiS650, Mem speed PC2100 (256)mb, Hard Drive: Maxtor, CD & DVD, Award Bios

CPU Temp= 39 C/ 102-114 F is this normal? Fans all appear to be working.

Changed bios so it will boot to cd & I am able to get into Recovery Console. Any suggestion on best commands to use. It's been recommended that I replace the kernal32 file. Does this sound appropriate? I don't want the user to lose data.

Relevancy 63.64%

Suddenly, today my computer won't boot up. It gets to where it displays the Windows XP screen, then for an instant there is a screen with some printing, but it goes too fast to read because the computer shuts down and reboots. It does this continually. I can boot up in safe mode so I went to add/remove programs in control panel and found two entries that I didn't recognize. I tried to remove them but they would not remove. Their names were ANIO Service and ANIWZCS2 Service.
Keep in mind I was in Safe mode and logged on to a personal account, not the administrator account.
I then went to Windows Explorer and there I saw a folder with the name ANI. Within that folder there were two more folders with files in them as listed below:

ANIO Service\ANIOInst (Followed by this description: ANIO Service Installer
Alpha Networks Inc

\CtrlSrv (Followed by this description: CtrlSrv MFC Application
Alpha Networks Inc.

ANIWZCS2 Service\ANIWZCS2.dll (2.4.10.50318)
ANIWZCS Dynamic Link Library
\ANIWZCSdS (ANIWZCSdS Service Launcher
Alpha Networks Inc.

\CtrlSrv (CtrlSrv MFC Application
Alpha Networks Inc.
\WZCSLDR2 (ANIWZCS2 launcher for Windows
Alpha Networks Inc
Is anybody familiar with these? Are they something that would cause my reboot problem?

Relevancy 63.64%

I have a laptop user that sent me his laptop to Windows reboots 2000 continually fix a problem he is having Every time the laptop boots it gets to the screen where the quot CTRL ALT DEL quot screen would Windows 2000 reboots continually appear but never shows that option Instead the PC seems to freeze up and then it reboots never prompting for the quot CTRL ALT DEL quot I am also unable to boot into safe mode I have installed a parallel copy of Windows to the same partition and the system runs fine so I am guessing this is a software issue Any suggestions on what I can do with the damaged operating system install Can i get anything from the bad OS to make my life easier if I have to use the parallel OS install I do not want to have to re-install all programs to the new OS if I can prevent it Thanks in advance for any help you can provide nbsp

A:Windows 2000 reboots continually

It may be a problem with a registry file and it is doing a memory dump. I do not think it is hardware related----but i may be wrong. Do you have a program to fix the registry? I use a program called "CleanMyPC Registry" thats really great and it makes a copy of your registry, and cleans the crap out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-reboots-continually.336064/
Relevancy 63.64%

Unfortunately I ran Combofix on the recommendation of a friend and did not see any warnings about using it Initially I was trying to remove the Security Tool program As of now my computer continually reboots I After Combofix Reboots Computer Continually ran Combofix and it got locked up when it was searching for Malware I let it run for almost hours My daughter closed the screen before I got up this morning When I went to run it again the last message I saw is that c test did not exist At that point I think my automatic updates restarted my computer on its own and it s been hosed ever since I found a topic on here where they had the same problem and they created Computer Continually Reboots After Combofix the fix CD with the userinit exe file I got that created and when I tried to copy the userinit exe over it said the file could not be copied I tried it two different times I am now to the point I don t know what else to do I m sorry I don t have exact messages or screenshots as my computer will not boot Help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Computer Continually Reboots After Combofix

Hi Amy and welcome to BC

I will contact one of our Malware techs and ask them to look at your problem. Hang in there, help is on the way.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275443/computer-continually-reboots-after-combofix/
Relevancy 63.64%

Safe boot (f8) goes to flt...sys (thats as much as I could see before it reboots, flt something sys) and then it reboots.

XP on partition D, 2.6 Ghz Intel P4, 2g ram
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/fOlujsJE7nUsjqvWg6CopqZ

Attachments:
tdskiller finds nothing.
safebootkeyrepair looks normal (attached report).
MBAM finds no infections.
MiniToolBox log attached.

How to debug?

A:Safe boot continually reboots at flt...sys

Hi

Can you boot in to normal mode without problems ?. Which tool you used to repair safe mode ?

I suggest downloading the safe key repair registry entries provided by "Kspesrsky Lab" and use that to repair safe mode.

https://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/winsafeboot.zip

Extract the zip file and double click on SafeBootWinXP.reg to restore default safeboot keys.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494272/safe-boot-continually-reboots-at-fltsys/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a client who states they just completed adding Windows Updates. Since the updates, they rebooted their computer and logged into their business network. The login worked well, but after 10 seconds, the computer reboots itself. So, the user waits until they are prompted for a username and password, and login. Again, after 10 seconds, the computer reboots. This is an endless recurrence.

I booted the computer in SAFE MODE w/ Networking Support and I can stay connected to the network. I am able to look at my programs, but of course, not all programs will fully function in SAFE MODE. So, when I boot the computer in NORMAL MODE, I am able to log in, but then the computer reboots after 10 seconds. ?? What could be happening??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2k-continually-reboots-after-network-login.318993/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have an older HP desktop that continually please continually mode, won't safe use reboots, allow to me help! Computer reboots when I try to turn it on I get a black screen and it gives me options of starting windows normally safe mode safe Computer continually reboots, won't allow me to use safe mode, please help! mode with networking last known configuration For every option I pick nothing works It just continunally reboots over and over again It s my kids computer but it does have some pics and stuff that I would like to get off of it If I do a system restore or configuration is that going to wipe out all the data I have saved It Computer continually reboots, won't allow me to use safe mode, please help! s an HP ghz MB GB Windows XP not vista It s a pretty basic computer about years old I would just chuck it but I want to be sure I get the data off it I have not added any hardware and wouldn t have a clue on how to do it I am not computer savvy at all other than the basics but any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Computer continually reboots, won't allow me to use safe mode, please help!

Remove the old hard drive and put it aside... Get a new drive and install it. Install Windows and go to HP's support site and download and install the chipset, video, audio and network drivers for your HP model. After the computer is up and running, install the old drive as a "slave" and recover any data you need from the slave drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-continually-reboots-wont-allow-me-to-use-safe-mode-please-help.135188/
Relevancy 63.21%

I am in need of some serious tech help Recently I installed System unable Windows to to reboots continually get Max Payne but I received a message stating that my AGP texture acceleration System continually reboots unable to get to Windows was not enabled I went to enable it and to my surprise it was not available grayed out I did some quot google quot searching and found that I needed to install a new video drivers Later that night I decided to send out some email After opening up outlook and started to create the new email the monitor went black blue screen appeared too fast to get any information from it monitor went black again and system starting rebooting The worst part is that after it got to the point in which if you are booting from cd rom etc it didnt start up Windows XP instead it rebooted again I didnt freak out decided to just start in safe mode thinking it could just be the video driver But it wont start in safe mode or any other mode option available in that screen AAAAAAhhhhhh NOW I am freaking out I really dont know what caused the problem but the worst part is I dont know how to fix it Please anyone System continually reboots unable to get to Windows out there send me your tech advice Thanks in advance System info IWILL P HT motherboard Intel P fsb GB x GB Maxtor HD Primary drive System continually reboots unable to get to Windows partitioned C and D GeForce FX MB graphic card Liteon DVD and CDRW drives Audigy ZX sound card Running Windows XP Pro nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

After booting windows xp fine, and coming up to the desktop, the desktop is stable as well...

however when any program is launched for more than few seconds (trillian, itunes, ut2k4), the computer simply reboots without any warning

tried another HD... same problem. any ideas what could cause this?

A:Windows xp continually reboots after any program is launched for a few seconds

Is your pc overclocked? If so, downclock it a little to see if that helps. Have you run a decent virus scanner? A virus could certainly cause the problem you describe. And finally, open the case up and get rid of all dust as this can make the cpu, mobo, graphics card, and memmory overheat which could also cause the problem.

Hope that helps. Rik.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-continually-reboots-after-any-program-is-launched-for-a-few-seconds.26245/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello After Windows Update forced me to reboot my PC it is now in a reboot loop I tried SAFE MODE LAST KNOWN GOOD etc Reboots after each attempt I was able to run chkdsk r last night after a couple of continually PC XP Home re-bootsWindows hours it completed After exiting it started rebooting again that s when I caught a glimpse of the BSOD I then disabled the Automatic Restart on System Failure and the BSOD reappeared after restarting Here is what it displayed STOP x E xC x F BE xF A xF A No additional information before or after this line I tried restarting a few more times selecting SAFE MODE LAST PC continually re-bootsWindows XP Home KNOWN GOOD etc it still begins to reboot My computer came without an XP cd the setup files are located on a partition of the HD at one time some years ago I did a full restore recovery I was unable to save anything before doing so I have files I would like to recover save before taking this step again if it is necessary I have access to another computer for making recovery discs etc Thank You Bugsley

A:PC continually re-bootsWindows XP Home

Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404458/pc-continually-re-bootswindows-xp-home/
Relevancy 55.9%

I m having an extremely weird vista startup error I just built my computer about a month ago and installed Vista Ultimate -bit SP- It took me about tries but I finally got vista installed I updated the drivers for the graphics card and sound card installed Norton Internet Security and Supreme Commander FA and it started doing this weird restarting stuff Once booted up my computer runs fine It runs Supcom Crashes, Works 64-bit Reboots, Startup Vista Error: Reboots, FA perfectly at all max settings with no slowdown and has never crashed once This makes me think it is not a hardware issue Here s where the problems start Every time I turn on my computer the graphics card cycles the fan high then low high then low eight times before it boots It didn t do that before I want to fix that because it takes a long time and the noise is annoying Once it boots up Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works I get the quot Windows Error Recovery quot screen and if I select quot start normally quot it starts to boot green loading bar then gives me a bluescreen for second too fast to read or get a pic of then reboots I get the quot Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works Windows Error Recovery quot screen again and select quot use previous settings quot and it will sometimes start normally other times I have to repeat this process Every time I start normally it crashes and reboots Once it s booted it works fine I tried booting off the install DVD and running quot Repair My Computer quot First I said no to using system restore It said there was a patch error and that it could not be fixed automatically When I used System Restore I think it deleted Norton but it started up fine Next restart however it was back to restarting Also any time the computer enters sleep mode the graphics fan goes crazy and it snaps out of sleep Any help I have all the manuals and CDs DVDs that came with the hardware as well as the Vista install disk Re-Installing Vista is definitely an option as i haven t really been able to install anything important or create any important files Here are the specs OS Windows Vista Ultimate x SP- Motherboard ASUS P N-D nforce i CPU Q stock RAM G DDR - OCZ Reaper Graphics PNY XLR GTX Sound HT OMEGA CLARO Plus Hard Drives x Western Digital Caviar GB in Raid Disk Drives x SATA x DVD Burner CPU Cooler Zalman mm CNPS Case NZXT Apollo Mid Tower Monitor LG W T-TF quot Widescreen A V Soft Norton Internet Security nbsp

A:Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works

Bump.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-64-bit-startup-error-reboots-crashes-reboots-works.764507/
Relevancy 55.04%

I first came across - To Continually Unk Directed Home Name Unwanted Sorry Page - your site in Apr and began following instructions on quot preparation quot Got quite frustrated running into programs I could not readily download or utilize for some reason or other but mostly as Sorry - Name Unk - Continually Directed To Unwanted Home Page I am running on a dial-up connection and continually got quot cut-off quot here 'n there I started ALL OVER AGN this past week doing everything I could Coupled with what I had learned from my sojourn Sorry - Name Unk - Continually Directed To Unwanted Home Page in Apr I THINK the original quot problem quot has now been handled - I CAN now quot maintain my own background pic AND I am not having to reset my Home Page every time I re-boot quot HOWEVER I would like to KNOW that the problem has truly been handled and that there are no lingering quot bits bytes pieces quot that may crop up somewhere and start this all over again OR if there is anything ELSE which you might see that I should take care of before it does get out-of-hand I also have some questions on how I might better quot make this computer my own quot as it was a hand me down gift from a friend and I don't use quot all the bells and whistles quot but don't think they belong in this forum and would appreciate any redirection suggestions Thx a million - jts here's the reports Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Larry Schleusner on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore ---------------------------------------------------------------- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - Removed Logitech Desktop Messenger - - UTC - RP - Removed Landscape Design D - - UTC - RP - Removed Home Design D-- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System CheckpointBacked up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Larry Schleusner exe ------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Washer washer exeC Program Files AT amp T Worldnet Accelerator PropelAC exeC Documents and Settings Larry Schleusner My Documents dss exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Larry Schleusner exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http smbusiness dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my att net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost O - BHO no name - SOFTWARE - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Accelerator Plugin - EC B - B- -B - A C F - C PROGRA AT amp TWO PRPL I DLLO - BHO ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker BHO - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files ZoneAlarmSB bar bin SPYBLOCK DLLO - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dllO - ... Read more

A:Sorry - Name Unk - Continually Directed To Unwanted Home Page

Sorry for the delay. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis LogPlease also post the problems you are having.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156629/sorry-name-unk-continually-directed-to-unwanted-home-page/
Relevancy 52.46%

Greetings. My daughter's machine always freezes up on her while she uses it so I thought I would post a topic to see if I could get some help in figuring out why. It's an HP desktop running Windows Vista. I'm not sure what other details I need to supply so please let me know on that.

Many thanks!

A:PC w/Vista continually freezes up

You could tell us what she does on the computer?Well, my mothers computer would freeze up alot too, when Norton 360 says she had no viruses. Try downloading and installing Malwarebytes AntiMalware and update it, then do a full scan.if your daughter doesnt have an Anti Virus program, put Microsoft Security Essentials on her computer. you can get that here: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/?mkt=en-usalso do a full scan with Microsoft Sec. Essentials.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330092/pc-wvista-continually-freezes-up/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I have Dell Inspiron 1525 with Vista Home Premium. All was fine until I turned laptop on this morning - message says 'Configuring updates: Stage 3 of 3 - 0% complete. Do not turn off your computer' It then shuts itself down, and the cycle begins again! Continuously for over an hour right now.
I have read loads of posts here and other places, but all the suggestions seem to assume you have some kind of access, and I dont - I can't get to the Start menu or anywhere else. I have tried rebooting in every mode option available and nothing works.
It just gives the update message, shuts itself down, and restarts itself.
Help!!

A:Windows Vista continually rebooting

Hi try reading this http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2914880

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-continually-rebooting.872329/
Relevancy 48.59%

I m using a HP Pavilion a n Gigs Pent recently upgraded to GB RAM SATA GB hard drive After using Avast for awhile my computer just started to have these random reboots OUT OF NO WHERE especially when I m trying to transfer files occasionally Seems of the chances of rebooting decrease as I Home Random Reboots Xp unplug my internet connection I ve recently REINSTALLED windows XP Home without using HP recovery Yet I still see the HP Logo when I start the computer is this because i didn t format the drive enough Or is it like stuck on the BIOs I did the format during the Windows XP install to both partitions the recovery and regular C Yet i ve experienced a few reboots again even after the install My question is should I go do a format on the hard drive again Or what else could be doing this to my computer that would lead to reboots Is this a virus or a hardware issue --------------- Also I can Random Xp Home Reboots t seem to upgrade my USB ports to as they used to it seems they stuck on USB even though they are capable and came as thanks guys fast response would be really appreciated

A:Random Xp Home Reboots

The HP logo during boot-up is fed from a chip on the motherboard so will always display regardless of what OS is installed or how it was installed.

The HP Recovery method installs all the correct device drivers for your specific machine. This is very important with computers made by big names, as many of the devices are custom-made for them and therefore require custom or modified drivers for those devices to work properly. Those custom drivers are on the HP Recovery media and are installed automatically during the recovery process.

The fact that those drivers are missing and Windows has installed it's own standard ones where possible, may explain your problems, and is almost cetainly why your USB ports are not performing as USB 2.0, as well as the random re-boots you mention (caused by incorrect non-HP drivers).

When you buy a big-name/big-brand computer (HP, Sony, Packard Bell etc.) you should only re-install Windows from the supplied Recovery media to be sure of getting all the correct HP-customised drivers installed.

Where it's not possible to use the Recovery media (eg lost it), and you have to resort to installing Windows from a regular Microsot Windows CD, you should get the proper drivers from the HP website as soon as Windows install is complete. But if you still have the Recovery media, always use that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114034/random-xp-home-reboots/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello ALL,
I am troubleshooting a problem that I hope someone can help me with.

WinXP Home Edition OS reboots when I sign off of AOL 9.0 SV.

I have looked into all of the menus and cannot find anything in the AOL software that has the option to reboot the computer.

After rebooting I get an error:

C:\DOCUME~1\RON\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERbde6.dir00\Mini050807-07.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\RON\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERbde6.dir00\sysdata.xml

I have ran adaware SE and antivirus software and nothing shows up.

This is a clean install of WinXP Home ED. with all the sevice packs and updates.

The connection is dial-up

Any suggestions??

THANKS!!

An Old Marine 223 RECON

A:Aol 9.0 Signoff Reboots Winxp Home Ed.

I had a customer experience a similar problem. After sending a lot of time on it and a lot of time with AOL on the phone, the customer dumped AOL and has never had a problem since. Probably not what you wanted to hear though.

Is this the first time you are using AOL on this computer or has this problem just started?

Are you using the latest downloaded version of AOL? Not sure which version SV is...
AOL: http://discover.aol.com/downloads/

You should also check for updates once AOL is install from within the AOL software. I think there's several updates and you have to check more then once to get them all. The updates normally download and install when you are logging off so it may be something with that.

You could also try uninstalling soem of the extra AOL program if you don't use them - like AOL screensaver and the AOL Toolbars.

Also check for newer modem drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aol-9-0-signoff-reboots-winxp-home-ed.571370/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi to all Can someone please help me with a problem i have on my dual-boot computer The systems are Windows SE and Windows XP Home Sr both all of the latest updates are installed on to them I have been having a problem with random reboots on my Windows XP Home Sr partition recently last days and i found a forum topic about this problem And about disabling the Auto Restart option to try to cure it I did this and worked with Xp for about minutes and it rebooted again and i got a blue screen with the following quot A problem has been detected and Windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer quot DRIVER IRQL and now Reboots (XP Sr1) Home Blue screens NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot Technical Information quot quot Stop x Reboots and now Blue screens (XP Home Sr1) D xEA B x x xF C E quot quot Vmodem sys - Address F C E BASE AT f df Datestamp aa fai quot quot Beginning dump of physical memory quot quot Physical dump complete quot quot Contact your system administrator or technical support for further assistance quot I restarted the computer by the On Off button on the front of the computer and when it rebooted i got the following on the boot screen quot Floppy disks fail co quot quot F to continue to load windows quot No floppy disks were loaded in the floppy drive I pressed the F button and Windows XP Home Sr loaded itself ok and while trying to type this in Notepad the computer rebooted again And this time i got the following blue screen quot A problem has been detected and Windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer quot quot Stop x E xC xBF f xF E A x x Win sys - Address BF F base at BF Datestamp F d I rebooted again to try to type out this post again and this time i did not get the quot Floppy disks fail co quot error message This is when i rebooted into my Windows SE partition and i was able to type this into Notepad so i could post it here And i am able to go to this forum in Windows SE Copy Paste and edit this post online with no error messages Can anyone please help me And many thanks in advance Edit edition to the posting above Please forgive me but i have now put my XP partition back to a Restore that was made days ago I have been using Windows SE a lot lately And now i can post here and edit this post in XP Home but i still cannot understand what happenned with the operating system nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Its a new Toshiba A75 Notebook.
The thing was working great, then one day it just stopped going any farther than the XP Home Page before it reboots.
Any suggestions, Id appreciate it.

A:XP only Boots to XP Home Page and then reboots

Determine first if it a hardware or software issue. For hardware issues a system usually reboots if an internal-part overheats. For software If it has 'countdown' display giving you 25seconds before it reboots you most probably have a blaster/sasser worm/virus. or your boot files maybe corrupt in such case just run the recovery console. There maybe other reasons and causes for you current problem but these are the most common/familiar causes. Good Luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-only-boots-to-xp-home-page-and-then-reboots-37093.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Upon recently booting my machine up, windows loaded, and during startup (once within windows), the pc froze and then rebooted.
I entered safe mode and removed everything from the start up list, and the machine now boots up succesfully. The problems now is that when I launch almost any program (internet exporer, itunes, windows media player,...) the freeze and reboot happens. Disabling the auto restart function has no impact (no BSoD, just same freeze and reboot) and no pertinent error messages are being registered in the event viewer.

One point, when I start in safe mode, two files are flagged when booting, both are files related to Daemon tools. The problem is that Daemon tools is not implicated in any of the programs which cause the reboot. machine is running at a decent temp and has had the same hardware set up for about 3 years with no issues.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

A:Random XP Home reboots on start up

We have seen a lot of issues with Daemon Tools drivers.

Have you tried a Windows Repair?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-xp-home-reboots-on-start-up.149326/
Relevancy 48.16%

Sorry if it s a repost I searched the forum amp found almost similar thread but no specific resolution for this problem I reinstalled windows XP home in a new computer with a new HDD with Pentium Mhz processor and added many - Automatically Home XP Frequently Reboots hardwares and softwares Problem is minor I see quot no signal XP Home - Reboots Automatically Frequently quot once or twice during every bootup It stays to my screen for few seconds Don t know if it has any bad impact Problem System was rebooting all of a sudden after addition of some software amp hardware After I removed my second hard drive which was FAT file system it became stable So I reformated my second HDD to NTFS like the primary one After few days the problem reappeared This time I checked for all adawares and virusscan Also does windows update Installed Zonelab Security Suit as firewall Problem was fixed for a while Recently I didn t added any hardware or software But the problem reappeared To find out the reason of failure I unchecked the box for automated rebooting and I found different error messages everytime A problem has been detected and windows had been shut down to prevent damage to your computer PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windiws updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or disable components restart your computer press F to select advanced Startup options and then select safe mode Technical information STOP x oxFFFFFDF x x A x Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance Another time different error message A problem has been detected and windows had been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windiws updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or disable components restart your computer press F to select advanced Startup options and then select safe mode Technical information STOP x E oxC D x D F xF FD x Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance Some details I have replaced the power supply I have two hard disk drive GB Maxtor amp GB WesternDigital MBx PNY Ram Gurus Pls help nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I am trying to connect to two computers that are connected to a Linksys Router using Remote Assistance on a Vista Home Premium Machine. I get the error message that the person you are trying to help may have closed remote assistance. I get the same message when trying to connect to either machine. I am guessing the problem is with a setting in the router, but I don't know what setting.

A:Remote Access from Vista Home Premium to Vista Home Premium and XP Home Edition

You should forward the ports on the router to the IP Addresses of the machines, that you want to connect to. On Symantec PC Anywhere, it is ports 5631 and 32, on Windows remote desktop connection it is port 3389 that needs to be forwarded.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/140798-remote-access-vista-home-premium-vista-home-premium-xp-home-edition.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I have a Pent III computer with Mb of RAm and a GB hard disk I installed or upgraded to XP about weeks ago The computer was working fine Now when I turn it on it starts to bootup but right after the WIndows XP home edition window appears I hear a click and then it reboots It continually does this unless I turn it off One note to mention the first time it displayed the windows XP home XP startup XP home During reboots appears windows after edition window it automatically went into chk dsk It found no errors then the system rebooted and started this boot cycle The system no longer goes into chk dsk it just reboots I tried booting in safe mode but it doesn t work either i also tried booting in quot last working mode quot No luck I checked the CPU temp and it said deg C Is this OK Tha fan is working at RPM The voltages looked reasonable compared to the listed specs The only one I am not sure about is Vcore V I have Nortin anti-Virus on my compter and it is updated weekly I also have Adaware and run it weekly as well At this point I don t know what to do Any advice is appreciated Thanks Ernie PS One more thing to mention When I upgraded to XP from ME the one problem that occurs is that the system will not shut off automatically The XP windows display says ready to shutoff I can only shutoff by hitting reset and then the off button Microsoft said I probably have to update the BIOS to fix this I have AWard Modular BIOS v PG nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/during-startup-xp-reboots-after-windows-xp-home-appears.274757/
Relevancy 47.73%

Here is my problem I have a Dell Dimension E with Windows XP Home Edition Recently the machine would not boot continual XP Edition reboots Windows Home and would start to just reboot It will show the Windows splash screen and then reboot I have run chkdsk r from recovery console and nothing I have a copy of ERD Commander MS DaRT tools and I can not get it to see the installed OS It is a SATA HD Windows XP Home Edition continual reboots and I have loaded the drivers for it and can see the HD in ERD but still can t attatch to that OS I though then to do a repair install of XP but that will not see the OS to repair When I log into the recovery console it asks what windows installation I would like to log into and I see it there but not when doing the repair install or with ERD Any suggestion would be great I know I can always backup and restore but would not like to have to go through all the trouble of reinstalling everything and all Also one more note I have run hardware test with PC Doctor and checked all hardware including HD and all is ok on that from Again any thoughts would be great Thank-you

A:Windows XP Home Edition continual reboots

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

I see where you're concentrating mostly on a hard drive issue, but your problem may be related to other issues as well.

I see where you said it gets as far as the windows logo and then reboots, its about this time in the boot cycle that installed hardware is being detected and drivers are being loaded.

This is also when issues with a processor core starts over heating occurs, so I need to ask, when is the last time this computer was cleaned out, from dust and lint?

You need to pay close attention to the heat sink of the processor and the video card heat sink.

Please let me know what you find when you inspect your computer's internal condition.

Bruce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341381/windows-xp-home-edition-continual-reboots/
Relevancy 47.73%

Greetings,

I have not been here since the BleepingComputer volunteers fixed a major problem on this computer in 2011. No problems on this sytem since!

Recently, it just started spontaneously rebooting. System starts up fine, internet access, various programs, and then it just intermittently stops dead and reboots. Like every half hour to two hours, with no rhyme or reason.

This is a Hewlett/Packard Pavillion running Windows XP Home Edition version 2002 Service Pack 3.

Running McAffee Security Center Plus provided by AOL as well as MalewareBytes that the last Bleeping Computer technician had me install.

(Thanks for autosave on your posting board, because it just rebooted again!)

A:HP/Windows XP Home Edition Spontaneously Reboots

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581557/hpwindows-xp-home-edition-spontaneously-reboots/
Relevancy 47.3%

my friends bought a notebook acer extensa and the OS installed was windows vista home basic.unfortunately he encountered viruses that kills the windows...he reformat he replace the windows vista home premium..since he dont have the windows recovery...the notebook works but he encountered some problems like the desktop display is too dark..well ofcourse from 64 bit turns to 32 bit colors...and the ethernet doesnt work anymore..he did try to download the drivers but when he run the driver its error...he also updated the hard ware but still didnt work...does it need to upgrade also the bios or any suggestion pls...thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-home-basic-to-vista-home-premium.906099/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello forum Need help with a machine I replaced HDD with Reason for replacing HDD old HDD starting to fail System Makeup Everest Ultimate info Computer type ACPI Uniprocessor Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack Interent Explorer IE CPU Type AMD Athlon XP MHz x - Home Edition XP continuously Machine (hdd reboots replacement) Motherboard Name FIC K M- PCI AGP DDR DIMM Audio Video LAN Motherboard Chipset VIA VT UniChrome KM System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM DIMM Kingston F GB PC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Micron VDDT AG- C MB PC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz BIOS Type Award Video Adapter VIA S G KM MB D Accelerator VIA S G UniChrome Audio Adapter Realtek ALC VIA AC' Enhanced Audio Controller Network Adapter VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Modem Controllerless DF PCI V Modem Sympton Machine will go past BIOS ok then start to load device drivers loading windows with the bar going from left to right After a period the machine will reboot - no BSOD in evidence Workaround Go into Safe Mode and let the system settle then reboot and machine loads into normal mode Investigation steps taken so far Replace old HDD with new HDD and boots up normal With new HDD in-situ checked device drivers for non-installed drivers - all OK Compared device drivers for old HDD with new HDD and found the following missing should these have any affect General Purpose USB Driver adildr sys AFS K basic Fallback VIA Rhine-Family Fast Ethernet Adapter Driver Service fsks Microsoft HID Class Driver HSF DP hsf msft HSFHWBS K Keyboard HID Driver k RapportKELL RapportPG Rksample SoftFax StreamDispatcher Tones TSP Microsoft USB Generic Parent Driver Microsoft USB PRINTER Class Microsoft USB PRINTER Class V winachsf Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Platform Driver Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Reflector Windows Update - failed to update Rhine Adapter I am assuming at this time in place that it is windows XP issue or is it maybe h w setting for new HDD If anybody is able to help and or suggestion Machine reboots continuously - XP Home Edition (hdd replacement) would be much appreciated dbl

A:Machine reboots continuously - XP Home Edition (hdd replacement)

Not sure as too the integrity of the drives?

Perhaps try installing a new OS, check settings in your BIOS, enabled S.M.A.R.T detection on the HDDs. Email me back if you need a hand.

Regards

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/machine-reboots-continuously-xp-home-edition-hdd-replacement-435154.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I m running a Windows XP Home Edition hd partitioned with the actual WinXP Partition and a system recovery Partition Alright so quite randomly starting about two or three days ago when I turn on my computer it loads up fine goes through the BIOS stuff and gets to the Windows XP loading screen It goes through the loading and after a minute the screen goes blank like it would just before it goes to the Logon Screen At this point the computer just restarts It never makes it to the logon screen I opened up the case checked to see if everything was good checked the RAM tried booting with different RAM same thing Hardware isn t the problem Went into the System Recovery Partition and ran CHKDSK It tells me that there are quot WinXP Screen Reboots Home After Ed. Eternally... Loading one or WinXP Home Ed. Reboots After Loading Screen Eternally... more errors quot and apparently fixes them yet I fail to see any positive results So I take it over to my girlfriend s house and put it into her machine which is running Windows XP Pro and it automatically runs a fancy CHKDSK which took a great deal longer than the SysRecovery Partition s CHKDSK So I m WinXP Home Ed. Reboots After Loading Screen Eternally... thinking yay and I take it home Same thing though continues to restart I had this problem before and CHKDSK did fix it I m not about to reinstall windows and I have no install discs I just need some WinXP Home Ed. Reboots After Loading Screen Eternally... help as to whats going on and what all I can do to fix it If you could help could you please be very specific about what to do please nbsp

A:WinXP Home Ed. Reboots After Loading Screen Eternally...

Have you tried to run Windows in safe mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-home-ed-reboots-after-loading-screen-eternally.400753/
Relevancy 46.44%

A customer that I had worked on their computer before said that her floppy drive wasn t working she said the Home XP Windows computer working explain SP3 to drive not the reboots need computer was working great for a feew months since I had worked on it I had cleaned Windows XP Home SP3 need to explain drive not working reboots the computer it up and put some RAM in etc Anyway she said a friend had given her a cd with a pic on it she put Windows XP Home SP3 need to explain drive not working reboots the computer it in and couldn t get the pic to open so gave up on it but ever since that the computer is running very slow The icons on desktop all come up but have to then go from the file to the picture of whatever icon it is one at a time everything is running slow opening windows etc also I have never seen this when you put in a floppy disc and then try to open it it reboots the computer right away the screen goes black and then it restarts I disabled the floppy drive and hooked up an external floppy I had usb but it did the same thing every thing is fine till you try to open the floppy tried different floppies I have spyblaster and script defender on it and they have CA for antivirus I ran a scan with malwarebytes and it caught adware game van I don t no what that is but it isn t in the add remove programs I am running sfc scannow now but is going alright open the event manager and after sfc scannow is done will go back in didn t write it down bujt some events with acip I thnink it was somethning about the BIOS trying to write to an illigal I O Port can someone give me some hints here I work on computers but enough to keep people going in a small town so they don t have to pack everything up and drive miles rd trip to get there compujter looked at So any thought would be great nbsp

A:Windows XP Home SP3 need to explain drive not working reboots the computer

?????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-sp3-need-to-explain-drive-not-working-reboots-the-computer.868616/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi there screen Reboots before login load XP - Home Solved: error Im helping to fix a friends pc they cant remember what they last did but basically when you boot up you Solved: XP Home load error - Reboots before login screen get the options for safe Solved: XP Home load error - Reboots before login screen mode last know good config etc etc Any option you pick gets to the windows welcome screen then just before the login names appear you get a blue screen very quick one - think it says core dump or page dump cant tell and the pc reboots itself edit error message says STOP then cant read the rest but i also read a bit saying MEMORY DUMP IN PROCESS or BEGINNING MEMORY DUMP I put the xp home disc in and was going to do a repairt except i cant only the recovery console version I get two partitions it was setup by dixons a few years ago E - os boot manager and C - ard disk Neither will let me press r for repair Ive just run the recovery console im not that great with this and done a chkdsk and it turned up no results Does anyone have any ideas I did a search but couldnt find anything Many thanks in advance - youve always been able to help me out on here nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I built a new PC July please see XP reboots of random driver Home device causing Video/Unknown Windows the specs in signature below and until about two months ago it ran without any problems Then it began to randomly reboot amp still is as of this posting Sometimes it does so while being used and other times it can be just sitting and not being used with the monitor turned off and it reboots I have even gotten up in the middle of the night to hear the POST Video/Unknown device driver causing random reboots of Windows XP Home beep and found that it was rebooting It does tend to reboot more often when not being used and the monitor is turned off than when it is being used When doing video editing which is very processor intense during the rendering process it never reboots I have not added any new hardware to the PC and the only software additions or upgrades updates have been the usual Microsoft updates and patches they send out monthly and the anti-virus definitions and other updates for Norton Systemworks Professional that come out weekly and sometimes daily I have run the diagnostics app that comes bundled with NSW Pro which stresses the video card RAM HDDs etc and nothing happens My CPU temp stays between and degrees C and case ambient temp stays around degrees C For about a couple of weeks the CPU was hovering around to degrees C but that was just because some of the air vents had gotten stopped up with dust and as soon as I blew them out and vacuumed out the case the temps returned to their normals Each time the reboot has happened I have followed the procedure of sending the error to Microsoft and each time they sent me to a site that stated that an unknown device driver was causing the error Then about two weeks ago the notice changed and told me it was my video card that was causing the problem Please see this link http oca microsoft com en response aspx SGD fbc f -fe f- a -ae - e d a c amp SID The suggestions for resolution were to update the driver and if that didn t solve it to back down the hardware acceleration on the card I updated the video card s driver to the version and the problem continued I then backed down the hardware acceleration by one notch then a second and finally a third and the reboots stopped for about a couple of weeks then started again I adjusted my monitor s refresh rate from to Hz to see if the card might be overdriving the monitor but that did not resolve the problem either Now I get the video device driver notification from Microsoft on some reboots and other times the unknown device driver notification This has me completely baffled and I would really appreciate any suggestions Thanks in advance for any help provided nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

WHEN I OPEN WINDOWS MAIL I CONTINUALLY GET "NOT RESPONDING" & IT HAS TO RESTART. I AM DEMENTED WITH THIS. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-mail-continually-not-responding-vista.880334/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Guys,

Dell 1525 Vista laptop:

System all of a sudden give a blue screen and reboots it self

Blue screen error is "0x0000001a"

Please help.

A:Vista reboots itself - Plz help

I'm having the same problem. As soon as I figure out whats causing it, I'll let you know. What where you doing before it restarted?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-itself-plz-help.813602/
Relevancy 45.15%

My Vista home basic reboots by itself randomly. Started to happen after I installed a 2nd hard drive. Its a Hitachi 500 gig sata hard drive. Any ideas on what it could be ?

Compaq Presario sr510nx
celeron 3.46 ghz
2 gig Ram
Nvidia Ge Force 8600 GT 512 Ram
Vista Home Basic
Hard drives compaq 141 gig, Hitachi 500 gig sata hard drive

A:Vista reboots by itself

what does the sata drives in the bios setting display?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-reboots-by-itself-298708.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My apologies if this has already been covered in another thread.

On my freshly built new computer, everything has been running nicely from day one. The only flaw is that from time to time, seemingly with no warning, the machine suddenly reboots. This happens say once every three or four days. It's odd because:
1) I don't "download" on this machine
2) No pirated software
3) Asus Probe and Speedfan show normal temperatures

So could it be something in Vista itself? Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks for your input,
mini

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-unexpectedly.703430/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone,

A client brought to me a PC with Windows Vista SP2 installed. Just before the login, the systems restarts without a BSOD. I have already check HDD and RAM and there is nothing wrong.
I also tried system restore, the system booted, but after a restart, the same happened.
Also checked with MSE and Malwarebytes, MSE nothing, malwarebytes a lot of toolbars, but nothing serious.

Is there anything else I can try, or my option is to format the system?

Thank you in advance,
John

A:Vista reboots before login

Hi, if it gets to the log on screen it is usually a windows file that is not loading and causing the problem, boot from the OS dvd, let it run startup repair, if this fails go on to command prompt and at the x sources prompt type:-

chkdsk c:/f press enter, after this run at the x sources prompt type:-

sfc/scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows (press enter) Restart computer when finished let us know how you get on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-reboots-before-login-722393.html
Relevancy 44.72%

just installed the update and then it reboots continuously during the config of the said update. Please help.

A:Vista reboots from update since 12/11-12/09

Can you boot it in safe mode? Then you might be able to open Windows Update, click "installed updates" at the bottom left, and remove the update in question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-from-update-since-12-11-12-09.885457/
Relevancy 44.72%

Once again Vista is driving me crazy - but now it s serious Suddenly during reboots statup Vista my system has begun rebooting during startup Vista displays the scrolling lines for awhile then the cursor appears in the centre of the screen - then BANG The PC reboots with the initial POST screen No error messages nothing in the system logs Thank God I have a working drive image to restore because nothing else will Vista reboots during statup fix the problem - not Safe Mode not Last Known Good The problem is I cannot switch off my PC without having to do a complete Vista reboots during statup drive restore the next time I switch on Which means that my OST file in Outlook is now wrong and any recent changes have been lost as well as my mind I think Vista has certainly cut a few years off MY lifespan If Bill Gates had to pay a dollar for every minute of wasted time that Vista has cost us poor suckers he would be bankrupt very quickly Additional I tried the Vista system repair booting with my Vista Ultimate CD which after about half an hour of attempting repairs made not the slightest difference I also restored the Vista image to a different hard drive in case it was a hardware issue - also no difference nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-during-statup.791240/
Relevancy 44.72%

My new computer reboots randomly usually at night . maybe once a week

A:Vista reboots randomly?

Windows updates?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-randomly.787896/
Relevancy 44.72%

I dual boot Vista and Ubuntu on my laptop, and recently Vista crashed and I am unable to load it anymore. I get to the screen where I am given the choice of loading Vista or Ubuntu, and I choose Vista. Then it asks me if I want to start normally or run startup repair. Choosing that program does nothing, the screen just flashes. Safe Mode is not one of the displayed options. So I choose to start normally, the screen goes black for a couple seconds, then the computer turns off then back on.

I am able to load Ubuntu without any problems (I'm using it now).

If anyone has any advice or suggestions to offer I would really appreciate it!

A:vista reboots instead of loading

hi you could try using east bcd http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1 and read this http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBC...1F8C88C96B2C32

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-reboots-instead-of-loading-366979.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys First time posting in here I noticed my Windows Vista PC keeps rebooting itself whenever I go online Sometimes it happens in a few minutes after booting sometimes in an hour or so At one point it restarted even in the Vista constantly Reboots PC middle of booting A day before this happened I was attacked by a Antimalware Doctor Spyware Program while visiting American Freedom Radio I scanned my PC using Spybot Malwarebytes CleanUp Advanced System Care Pro Vista PC Reboots constantly Tune-Up Utilities and Super Anti-spyware and removed all infections but I still get the same restart problem Here is my HiJackThis Log if it may help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Matrox Graphics Inc PowerDesk SE Matrox PowerDesk SE exe C Program Files Gadwin Systems PrintScreen PrintScreen exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system Taskmgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Users bill Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - A B - - e -AB -E E AA B - C Program Files AskPBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLL O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Ask Search Assistant BHO - A B - - e -AB -E E AA B - C Program Files AskPBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLL O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run Matrox Powerdesk C Windows system PDesk PDesk exe Autolaunch O - HKLM Run Matrox PowerDesk SE quot C Program Files Matrox Graphics Inc PowerDesk SE Matrox PowerDesk SE exe quot O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run Ftahayu rundll exe quot C Users bill AppData Local ohijevoherajo dll quot Startup O - HKCU Run Gadwin PrintScreen quot C Program Files Gadwin Systems PrintScreen PrintScreen exe quot nosplash O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles ... Read more

A:Vista PC Reboots constantly

Bit of an update. I shut off the auto-reboot from Vista so I can get the error log and I have the following errors:

Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal

STOP 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000008, 0x00000000)

Hope this may be of some help to solve my problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-pc-reboots-constantly.990067/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi i m currently using Windows XP pro sp i decided to change it with windows vista so that i can hav my pc a new look my system is ghz intel celeron i have mb of ram and nvidia geforce FX mb HDD gb and installation and then Vista reboots gb i used the gb for XP media center edition im installing vista in place because i do not have a dvd burner so Vista installation and then reboots i began with the setup and at first it went well and after long hours it finally reached the quot completing installation quot stage since it was too long again to wait i decided to leave the computer and when i returned the screen showed choices on how to start vista its the one with safe mode safe mode with networking last known good configuration and start windows normally from then on i feel that there is something wrong because that screen should only show up when windows has not successfully booted up so i chose start windows normally i saw the green progress bar but after that the screen goes blank and the reboots and when it reboots shows again that windows has not started up correctly and then i chose safe mode it booted up but said that installation cannot be completed in safe mode and needs to reboot i still haven t rolled back the installation what will i do tnx in advance nbsp

A:Vista installation and then reboots

This must be a UPGRADE install, and 512 is NOT enough RAM, you need at least 1 GIG if not 2.

Did you run the Vista Upgrade adviser, before doing this install?
What external devices do you have attached?
What programs and utilities do you have installed at the time if Vista upgrade?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-installation-and-then-reboots.643793/
Relevancy 44.72%

Howdy folks,
I just built a PC with the following components.......
Asustek S775 Intel G33 ATX GLAN motherboard
CoolerMaster Centurion 5 Black/Silver Case
OCZ Technology 500W STEALTHXSTREAM POWER SUPPLY
OCZ Technology 2X1GBKIT 240PIN PC2-8500 DDR2 1066MHZ SLI READY
Asustek V-70 Low Profile Quiet Intel LGA775 CPU Cooler
Samsung SpinPoint 320GB 7200RPM S300
Intel quad core CPU
some RAM and bought windows vista OS

I have a problem in that anytime i shutdown the computer it goes ahead shuts down ....fans shut off etc but then restarts about 5 seconds later. No errors show up on the screen at all.
I have come here for some help in diagnosing this problem.

A:Vista Reboots on shutdown

Hi

Sometimes this points to an incorrect wiring problem on the MoBo power block, where you have the Power and Reset wires connected. Make sure you don't have anything crossed in there first.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/188274-vista-reboots-shutdown.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey there So I had a virus last week on my sister's laptop Vista Home Premium x and with the help of the quot Am I infected What do I do quot forum I removed it Problem is along with the virus came a pretty big problem When I log into the main account under either Vista reboots at start-up Normal mode or Safe Mode with Networking a message box appears saying Vista reboots at start-up quot You are about to be logged off quot quot Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute Please save your work now quot Then a Windows Error box appears quot Services and Controller app stopped working and was closed quot quot A problem caused the application to stop working correctly Windows will notify you if a solution is available quot And the computer reboots and the cycle repeats itself Now I would format my computer but we lost the Toshiba recovery disk so we're very stuck Any help would be appreciated

A:Vista reboots at start-up

Another thing: I just scanned with Sophos Anti-Rootkit. It showed about 7 files and deleted them all except one: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\senpuqd.sys, giving the reason: "A device attached to the system is not functioning".
Does anyone know what that file is? I've searched around Google for solutions to my problem and every time someone mentions a mysterious file in the drivers folder.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344962/vista-reboots-at-start-up/
Relevancy 44.29%

Here's the question --
I had a Dell Dimension IDE XP SP3 PC but the memory/motherboard is gone. I ordered a Dell Inspiron 530S that only has 1 320 Gb SATA drive. I have access to older Dimension PCs at the office, and could use some direction or web shortcuts on taking my old HD, which has XP Home SP3 and pictures and financials and resumes (Word '03) and adding that to a PC that can "see" my home PC hard drive as a secondary IDE drive so that I can copy files to a flash drive/CD to transfer to my new Dimension SATA/Vista Home SP1 drive. Thanks in advance for your response.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/xp-home-pc-died-and-want-to-move-files-to-vista-home-basic-sp1-to-sata-drive-299538.html
Relevancy 44.29%

After reinstalling Vista on the "upstairs" machine and rebuilding our home network (cable through router) the Vista machine can access files on the XP machine . . . but not the reverse. Although I can see the two Vista drives OK I'm prompted for a usernameassword, a curiosity since only one passwordless user exists in our Vista setup. (Entering that username and leaving the password blank still gave a "this drive is not accessible" error.)

I can follow the instructions on this page (File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista) partway through, but when I get to the window shown in Figure 6 the "Share" button is grayed out. I did go into "Advanced Sharing" and put a check in the "Share this folder" check box, but that didn't eliminate the password requirement.

Thanks for any help -

A:Accessing Vista Home shared folders from XP Home machine requires password

Hello, try making another Admin account and see if that will work .

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/294857-accessing-vista-home-shared-folders-xp-home-machine-requires-password.html
Relevancy 44.29%

os-vista home ed sp1
laptop pc 1.5mb ram
evesham voyager c340sx
intel celeron m cpu 420 @ 1.6ghz
32bit
87gb hdd
dvd drive
wireless adaptor
avg virus scan completed [safe mode & normal].. no probs
hdd surfacetest / analysis ok

this laptop works ok with the on screen keyboard but crashes if i use the keyboard (5 to 6 chracers max). Had a problem with memory chip originally. this now replaced. This caused all sorts of probs, but vista appears to have mended most of them! Is the keyboard crash related to the earlier memory prob, or is this something hardware related? If it is a faulty device driver, then how do i mend it? The dump mentions ntkrpamp.exe?

It's hard work using the on screen kboard, so a solution would be v.gratefully recived!

A:vista laptop reboots when keyboard is used!

Hi please follow the instructions here and attach to your next post the info will help when run through a debugger to narrow down the cause of your issue
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-laptop-reboots-when-keyboard-is-used-480864.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Dear All I am having some weird problems and have sought solutions from Dell: New Vista reboots facebook and no Dell and online before returning here Dell recently replaced my AMD with a new E with Intel Dual Cores I also have a ATI Radeon X Pro card with MB and New Dell: Vista reboots and no facebook GB New Dell: Vista reboots and no facebook ram I am running the pre installed Vista Home Prem So here are my problems The computer ALWAYS starts OK loads the Dell bios splash and then some dos text about the DVD drives then it reboots and I get the wondwos failed to load stuff What ever choice I select it loads OK and works But the next time does exactly the same I am running the latest Dell bios Any ideas The other issues is that I just downloaded the latest ATI CCC driver for Vista bit It was released in October ans d seem to install OK but now I can not load New Dell: Vista reboots and no facebook the CC Finally I am using Firefox and IE I have tried to load the Dell site for support and also Facebook and neither load at all But both load fine on my Dell L attitude I can not understand why they do not load on my PC but do on my laptop I wondered if it was a McAfee related thing but I have turned that all off and nothing makes a difference I would rally appreciate some help and guidance please Thanks disney cjd nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

New Dell xps 420, preinstalled Vista. One month not a single problem. Now, when I shut down, system appears to shut down normally then immediately boots back up. Everything else appears to be running normally. During the reboot I can depress the power button and shut down the computer and it stays off. When I restart I do not get any message about abnormal shut down.

I have run virus and malware scans neither found anything?

I have not yet called Dell Tech support because in the past this forum has been much faster and more complete?
I have since called Dell tech support and spent two hours on the phone only to have them tell me that it must be Itunes. They claimed there was no way that itunes and vista could coexist. However, they did for the first three weeks???

Any thoughts?

A:Vista reboots after normal shut down

Any wakeup settings in the bios power management? Installed any new hardware or drivers recently? Any software?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-after-normal-shut-down.666953/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey there So I had a virus last week on my sister s laptop Vista Home Premium x and with the help of the quot Am I infected What do I do quot forum I removed it Problem is along with the virus came a pretty big problem When I log into the main account under either Normal mode or Safe Mode with Networking a message box appears saying quot You are about to be logged off quot quot Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute Please save your work now quot Then a Windows Error box appears quot Services and Controller app stopped working and was closed quot quot A problem caused the application to stop working correctly Windows will notify you if a solution is Rootkit Vista reboots senpuqd.sys / available quot And the computer reboots and the cycle repeats itself Now Vista reboots / senpuqd.sys Rootkit I would format my computer but Vista reboots / senpuqd.sys Rootkit we lost the Toshiba recovery disk Vista reboots / senpuqd.sys Rootkit so we re very stuck Any help would be appreciated Here is my DDS txt log QUOTEDDS Ver - - - NTFSx MINIMAL Run by Mitchie at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP SUPERAntiSpyware disabled Updated A C- - e- F- E AC DA Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exec program files windows defender MpCmdRun exeC Users Mitchie Desktop dds scrC Windows system conime exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localuURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dllTB BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - No FileuRun TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD EXEuRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exeuRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exemRun Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hidemRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exemRun RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exemRun LtMoh c program files ltmoh Ltmoh exemRun StartCCC c program files ati technologies ati ace core-static CLIStart exemRun TPwrMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain EXEmRun SmoothView ProgramFiles Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exemRun TCrdMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exemRun Symantec PIF AlertEng quot c program files common files symantec shared pif b e dd - - c -b f- f fca a pifsvc exe quot a m quot c program files common files symantec shared pif b e dd - - c -b f- f fca a AlertEng dll quot mRun HP Software Update c program files hp hp software update HPWuSchd exemRun hpqSRMon c program files hp digital imaging bin hpqSRMon exemRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun NDSTray exe NDSTray exemRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottimemRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun DivXUpdate quot c program files divx divx update DivXUpdate exe quot CHECKNOWmRun Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot c program files malwarebytes anti-malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscriptmExplorerRun nvtu c users mitchie appdata local temp ui cr exeStartupFolder c progra micros windows startm programs startup hpdigi lnk - c program files hp digital imaging bin hpqtra exemPolicies-system EnableLUA x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x IE Add to Windows amp Live Favorites - http favorites live com quickadd aspxIE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c prog... Read more

A:Vista reboots / senpuqd.sys Rootkit

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the Quick Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease download Rootkit Unhooker and save it to your DesktopDouble-click on RKUnhookerLE to run itClick the Report tab, then click ScanCheck Drivers, Stealth and uncheck the restClick OKWait until it's finished and then go to File > Save ReportSave the report to your DesktopCopy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note - you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)RKU logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/345028/vista-reboots-senpuqdsys-rootkit/
Relevancy 44.29%

I don't know how it's possible but it happened Must be WITHOUT Apps??? NO Vista Reboots WAY! Closing some new feature they never advertised but should The other day Vista Ultimate was nagging me to reboot after installing some updates I kept putting it off but finally it wouldn't let me put it off for as long In any event I walked away to get some lunch and when I got back my PC had been rebooted I logged back in NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps??? and things looked like it was starting up normally But then I see down my taskbar that I have three programs still open I'm like WTF How is this possible They were Outlook an Unsent Saved Draft of an NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps??? email and another Email which was just open My web browser windows and multiple tabs were all gone though OR WERE THEY I opened IE to begin getting my desktop back in order and get my email tabs all opened up when suddenly I saw that IE had all my tabs in it as soon as it loaded I could not believe this What's REALLY weird and I think is confirmation that something had happened was that I now had tabs in one IE instance whereas before I had two instances of IE cascaded horizontally on my quot widescreen displays each with tabs - one set was for email and one was for forums I frequent But now IE loaded up and I had all of these COMBINED into a single IE instance which btw I'm trying to figure out how to move tabs from one IE instance to another but there doesn't seem to be a way In any event I can not believe it still thus I'm posting this here to see if anyone else has encountered this If you don't believe me even I will try this again go and install some updates not like SP but some basic updates then wait to let it reboot and see what happens Regards Kevin

A:NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps???

Windows Vista 64 ultimate has done this to me as well. It's kinda of a feature than a problem. It opened up the last programs that were running before the shutdown. But I never had windows update reboot without me telling it to. That's a new one.
Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/136911-no-way-vista-reboots-without-closing-apps.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Several weeks ago, I finally got my laptop running well for longer that 5 minutes. I had had McAffee free version installed, and I deleted it. I decided to download the updates I had been missing, and now my computer will not boot. It turns, says that it was shut down unexpectedly...which mode should it be in. and then it begins and suddenly shuts down, restarts and we are back at the beginning. I have tried my Toshiba Recovery and Applications/Drivers CD that came with the computer, but I can't remember which button to push, so nothing happens. Please help me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319656/laptop-with-vista-contantly-reboots/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have Windows Vista (I had no choice in the matter) and after a while of surfing graphics-heavy web sites, the right click won't work and I can't open new windows. I always have to reboot the get the system working properly again. Is it eating up too much memory or what? Is there any way to prevent this from happening over and over again? Thanks.

Barbara

A:Frequent reboots needed on Vista

Might be what is called a "memory leak", which is caused by poor programming that keeps the memory a program used "occupied" even after that program has closed. Enough of those and you do run out of memory.

Check Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del) and report (under performance) the total, cached & free Physical Memory. The number or processes also.

Are you using Internet Explorer ?

Could also be a heat issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/frequent-reboots-needed-on-vista-223287.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Dear jcgriff2,

I have a problem on my Vista computer that it would automatically shutdown & reboots. Sometimes, I wouldn't even have luck starting the computer, since it reboots itself during the loading process.

I've restored my computer using system recover to bring it back to the shape when it first came out from the manufacturer, but I still get the same blue screen & unexpected shutdown / reboot.

I've read your post on http://www.techsupportforum.com/1871981-post2.html and have followed all your instrustions. Would you be able to help me with solving my problem ? The files as you indicated can be found in the zip attachment.

(Note: one of the problem states that my d: is less than 15%. I cannot do anything with it, because by default, D: is the factory_image that stores the recovery data, making the drive 1.20 GB free of 8.85 GB.)

Your help is greatly appreciated !

Yours,

Andrew

A:Vista unscheduled shutdown & reboots

You do not have Service Pack 1 installed (Service Pack 2 is recommended). Please visit the support website of the system manufacturer and update ALL of your drivers and programs. Then update to Service Pack 1 at a minimum (Service Pack 2 is recommended). Post back if this solves your issues.

The error messages vary a lot - most point to hard drive issues or networking issues (with most of them having memory related events).
Have you run any tests on your hard drive? http://usasma.vox.com/library/post/b...agnostics.html
Have you run any tests on your memory? http://usasma.vox.com/library/post/b...agnostics.html

I suspect the memory, due to the inconsistencies in some of the dump files. Please run the memory test ASAP and let us know the results.

Here's a summary of the BSOD's:

Code:
Built by: 6000.21023.x86fre.vista_ldr.090302-1506
Debug session time: Sat Aug 29 12:36:37.800 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:52.456
BugCheck 18, {88237ce0, 88235130, 12, 81d0a391}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!AlpcpUnlockAndDereferenceTargetPorts+78 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: WMIADAP.exe
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Debug session time: Sat Aug 29 12:39:20.377 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:36.048
BugCheck 19, {20, 888ff760, 888ffb88, 8850087}
Probably caused by : ecache.sys ( ecache!EcMemoryCacheIoRoutine+208 )
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Debug session time: Sat Aug 29 13:15:31.007 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:07.676
BugCheck D1, {4, 2, 1, 8eebb9cc}
Probably caused by : tcpip.sys ( tcpip!OlmUploadConnections+b0 )
PROCESS_NAME: Idle
Debug session time: Sun Aug 30 21:44:41.918 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:21.590
BugCheck 24, {1904ab, 8e854430, 8e85412c, 81b5d1c4}
Probably caused by : fileinfo.sys ( fileinfo!FIStreamGet+11e )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: NULL_DEREFERENCE
PROCESS_NAME: System
Debug session time: Mon Aug 31 00:06:41.959 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:58.631
BugCheck D1, {0, ff, 8, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!KiTrap0E+2ac )
Debug session time: Mon Aug 31 00:09:51.885 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:19.557
BugCheck C5, {4f364b4, 2, 1, 81ce99b7}
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+2b3 )

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-unscheduled-shutdown-and-reboots-409573.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version HP s uk Pavilion Slimline OS Version Microsoft Windows but and Solved: Home can files Premium not see SP3 Windows on 7 Home access Vista XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTek Computer INC Acacia MS C R Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled I have found many well meaning suggestions aimed at helping others like me to resolve this annoying aspect of networking between Solved: Windows 7 can see but not access files on XP Home SP3 and Vista Home Premium Windows Vista and XP but it seems like we are all banging our heads against a brick wall I have tried every Solved: Windows 7 can see but not access files on XP Home SP3 and Vista Home Premium suggestion I can find on other forums but still my Windows computer cannot access my XP Home or Vista machines The message I see each time I try is as follows - quot WINXP or VISTA is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have permissions The account is not authorised to log in from this station quot You will of course appreciate that the administrator is myself I can access files and a printer on Windows from the other two computers providing I place shared files in the public folder no problem with this Before you ask Yes I have checked that all three computers have the same Workgroup Name Yes I have got Network Discovery turned on Yes I have turned on file and printer sharing Yes I have turned off Password protected sharing and tried it turned on Yes I have set my network location to Work network Yes the computers I am trying to access do show in my network window each and everyone of them can be pinged from each other I even have a little utility called Wireless Network Watcher that shows that the IP addresses MAC addresses and each computer by name can be seen on the network I think I have exhausted all channels now but if there is something you think I ve missed do let me know Incidentally I even forked out some of my hard earned pocket money on a downloadable manual on the subject The author gave me days to prove his manual wouldn t help and after many emails containing screenshots of all the pings and error messages he conceded that he was baffled and couldn t be of further assistance He graciously refunded my money Phew Please someone spare me from tearing out what hair I have left nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 can see but not access files on XP Home SP3 and Vista Home Premium

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-can-see-but-not-access-files-on-xp-home-sp3-and-vista-home-premium.1011107/
Relevancy 44.29%

I accidentaly uninstalled something like media accelerator from Intel and it prompted me to restart. Then, it was centered and looked like Home Basic. How do I make it look normal? Please help I don't know what to do

A:My Vista Home Premium looked like a centered Home Basic in my Laptop

Check this on setting a theme.
http://www.myvistathemes.com/articles/how-to-change-the-theme-in-windows-vista/
Set a theme and it should reinitialize aero destop
if there aren't any problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-vista-home-premium-looked-like-a-centered-home-basic-in-my-laptop.956934/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 5535 laptop. It has Windows Vista Home Premium (WVHP) installed.

The computer came with a number of programs that I am not interested in having on my system. In addition, I was not provided a restore disc. I do own a copy of Windows Vista Home Basic (WVHB).

I would like to keep WVHP as I appear to be eligible for an upgrade to Windows 7 . . . but I would like to reinstall to get rid of all these worthless programs. Can I use a WVHB disc with my new WVHP product key?

Could I install WVHB with the WVHB product key, then use the WVHP key supplied by Acer to upgrade?

Thanks for your time in answering my question. I hope it isn't unclear.

Thanks,

Jeremy

A:Windows Vista Home Premium Key Home Basic Discs

I believe that if you install with the Basic disc the process will offer you a choice
of versions. Choose Home Premium and complete the install. Activate with your
Acer's Vista Product Key.

Ardneh

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/239940-windows-vista-home-premium-key-home-basic-discs.html
Relevancy 43.86%
A:which vista 64-bit is best for gaming,,, home, home premium, business or ultimate

Hello NRG,

I would have to say either Home Premium or Ultimate.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/191697-vista-64-bit-best-gaming-home-home-premium-business-ultimate.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have Laptop and PC connected with lan cabel They are both with Windows Vista Home Basic bit They both have no problems with internet They have the same WORKGROUP names Both have real IPs I see each other on the Network but i can not connect to them it was all OK when I was on XP gt When I try to connect from the Laptop to the PC i recive quot Error code x quot I click on Diagnose and I on 32bit. Network Home Vista Home Basic Problem see this I tried to turn off the Firewall and the NOD antivirus but nothing changed The Sharing and Discovery Settings are OK like this I give share permissions to my network May be I have to install quot Client Home Network Problem on Vista Home Basic 32bit. quot for quot File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks quot but is no listed 'Client' or 'Servise' to use I found I have to allow permissions in the firewall to some ports like -TCP -UDP -UDP -TCP I did this Give me some help how to manage with my network so I can browse both computers copy files and so on Thanks in advance

A:Home Network Problem on Vista Home Basic 32bit.

I can't help but just wondered why you have made another post not long after your first post with exactly the same question ?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/201692-home-network-problem-vista-home-basic-32bit.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey there,

Basically I love gaming, and recently people have said to me that it would be a good idea to upgrade from Vista home basic, to Premium.

I tried checking the prices without much luck (Link directly from computer only shows US and Canada on country to buy it from list), so here are my questions.

Firstly does Premium give that much of a benefit to gaming on your computer, and secondly where can I buy the upgrade from (preferably cheap hehe)?

A:Worth upgrading Vista home basic to home premium?

Here is the comparison chart at the Vista site:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/compare-editions/default.aspx

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This site is selling it for $80.00. I've bought software there in the past, and it's genuine.

http://www.softwareoutlet.com/Merch...de=8069&Category_Code=UTI-014&Product_Count=8

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/worth-upgrading-vista-home-basic-to-home-premium.797915/
Relevancy 43.43%

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2. Within the past few weeks the system has started to freeze, crash and then reboot occassionally. Also, when it starts up, occassionally it does so with bad graphics. I used Advanced System Care (free) and it has been unable to correct the problem. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

A:Windows Vista freezes, reboots, bad graphics

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

2) Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415580/windows-vista-freezes-reboots-bad-graphics/
Relevancy 43.43%

My comp was crashing for no reason and I ended up doing a factory restore It seemed all my programs were locked up so I had no other option Windows was downloaded the McAfee reboots scan runs when Vista factory but still needs updating I reinstalled McAfee I have dialup but it won t run-it keeps rebooting over and over It closes AOL and drops then goes thru how do you want to start Vista reboots when McAfee scan runs - I say normal windows Sometimes it goes thru this or times before Windows will actually start Sometimes my Windows are frozen-pointer and all in the middle of a different any program and I have to turn my comp off I am very comp illiterate Please help I don t know if there is a virus or not Waiting Carolet Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Vista reboots when McAfee scan runs Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce NVIDIA nForce i Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN Napa Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

For the last couple weeks my computer(windows vista)has gone haywire. I've been tortured by the BSOD ,constant freezing, black screen on power up,my PC randomly restarts out of the clear blue.I frequently get error message "Windows explorer not responding" .Not sure if files are damaged or what kinda nasties I picked up along the way. But any help with diagnosing/resolving the problem would be greatly appreciated.My PC Info:Windows Vista -Home PremiumService Pack 232-bit Operating SysAMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4200+2.00 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce6150SE nForce 430I ran the following programs in safe mode:+Spywareblaster ---regular maintenance+Spybot search & destroy--cookies+Cleanup! --regular flush+CWShredder --not infected Results: nothing significantly found. I await further instructions.

A:Windows Vista BSOD//Freezing//Sys Reboots

I may be overlooking it (I do so often)...but i don't see where you actually have installed and run a reliable AV program.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451095/windows-vista-bsodfreezingsys-reboots/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey all just made the plunge to Windows Vista Ultimate but I'm having some problems On monday morning I received my E ES CPU from USA put it in straight away and all was fine Win XP SP at the time I then picked up my new GT in the afternoon and in the evening I installed Vista Ultimate At one point late in the installation I got an error message with the options cancel retry ignore where I tried of screen installation Blue Vista reboots after 'retry' to no avail then after ignores the system booted I think this was at the point where Vista goes for it's first boot-up From then on things Blue screen reboots after installation of Vista went fine drivers were installed for the most part I completed some Blue screen reboots after installation of Vista more One driver currently wrong is Blue screen reboots after installation of Vista for the wireless D-Link DWL-G M which doesn't recognize the unit it's an XP driver Now I'm having some symptoms Occasional Blue Screen BSOD - it blinks onto screen then disappears straight away and the pc reboots Too fast for me to be able to get a code from it Occasionally the system seems to 'hang' for a second or or - I then hear some sort of 'click' coming from the pc and then things continue I'm guessing the sound comes from one of the harddisks by the sound of it On startup I get an error message 'Reg MFC Application has stopped working' Problem details show that the Event Name is APPCRASH Application name Reg exe Fault Module Name USP dll Now since I just changed several factors at once it's hard for me to figure out what the problem is here Something wrong with the CPU Something wrong with the GFX Need a stronger PSU Something wrong with Vista drivers Any suggestions welcome Can I test the CPU somehow Current PSU is a FSP Fortron W I have a Gigabyte odin GT W lying which I plan to build in later today My complete system specs are in my profile to the left Might add that I run an external water cooling Aquaduct XT from Aquacomputer

A:Blue screen reboots after installation of Vista

For more time to view a BSOD prior to reboot, disable Automatic Restart by unchecking the so named box in "Startup and Recovery". Also on the same screen, place a check mark next to "Write an event to the system log", if not already checked, to ensure Event Log viewing on the matter.

Start >> Control Panel >> System and Maintenance >> System
>> Advanced systems (left side) >> Advanced (tab)
>> Startup and Recovery

Regards. . .
jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-reboots-after-installation-of-vista-212211.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I went to turn on my new HP desktop and it gets through to the windows vista load screen, then the computer restarts. I haven't loaded anything new lately, cpu, memory and hard drive come back clean on system check. I've reverted back to last known good. I have windows defender and virus protection. Please help.

A:Windows Vista reboots at startup screen

First you need to boot into Safe Mode.

Start tapping the "F8" key as the system reboots. This should get you to a boot menu where you can select Safe Mode

Next, log on and select "yes" when it asks if you want to continue in safe mode and close the help box that automatically opens.

Click Start>RightClick Computer and select "Properties" or Start>Control Panel>Doubleclick "System"

Select "Advanced System Settings" on the left side

Select Startup and Recovery "Settings" Button

Deselect the "Automatic restart" check box and OK. (This allows you to see the error message that may explain what caused the system to reboot.)

Close everything and restart as you normally would.

Record any error message you see when the system restarts.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/193169-windows-vista-reboots-startup-screen.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I live in India. I recently bought Vista Home Basic. Is there any way i can upgrade to Vista Home Premium 64 bit or above without loosing the money I spent on the Vista Home Basic which was for Rs.3500/US$ 70 I just realized the home basic 32 bit does not read memory over 3300 MB , where as I have 8 GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM plus a Core 2 Quad 2.37 GHz Processor

A:Upgrading Vista Home Basic to Home Premium 64 bit

Sorry mate, you can't upgrade a 32 bit version to a 64 bit version. it will require a fresh installation.

You can contact MS to send you the x64 version, however you will also have to pay for the upgrade to the premium license.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/221317-upgrading-vista-home-basic-home-premium-64-bit.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My wife's new Vista Home Premium laptop only a week or so old connects to the internet via our Belkin wireless router My XP SP Home PC does the same The two computers are also networked with each other For a few days my wife was able to send and receive emails normally Now suddenly Email Problems Home Home Under Vista Premium when she tries to Email Problems Under Vista Home Home Premium send an email she gets the following error report quot The connection to the server has failed Account lt ISP's pop address gt Protocol SMTP Port Secure SSL NO Socket error Error number x ccc e quot I have run several internet searches on this eror which appears to be very common and goes back to Outlook Express times There are plenty of suggestions available for solving the problem in Outlook Express that don't work for various reasons in Windows Mail but I can't find anything about solving it in Windows Mail Her laptop is still able to connect to the internet normally and to network with my PC I've tried disabling her security software Norton - Windows firewall is switched off but this had no effect I've tried using System Restore to go back to the day before the error arose but it failed to restore - I've no idea why I've tried connecting to the ISP from a DOS prompt using the quot telnet quot command this is not available by default in Vista but I activated it but the connection failed Does anyone have any solutions to this problem please

A:Email Problems Under Vista Home Home Premium

Basically this error suggests that you cannot connect to the POP3 server to send emails (that's the SMTP thingie). This failure can be anywhere between the Windows Mail program on your computer all the way to the email server and it's software. If nothing has changed on your computer, then there's a possibility that the server is having issues (you can tell this because the email will start to work at a later time/date with no changes being made by you). Try calling the ISP to see if they've had some server issues. Also, try sending an email using the web interface for the email service - if that fails, then it's likely an issue with the ISP.You can also try to see if the other computer gets the same error (this will help to isolate where the error is occurring).Try pinging the pop3 server from a command prompt (for example: ping 66.212.192.66:25) The :25 will specify the port to ping. I have heard of connectivity issues with Vista with some ISP's - but none of them were partial (like this one). Also try pinging it without the :25 - that will tell you if any ports are open to the server.Have you tried the Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool at: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/using/too...gd/default.mspx You must use Internet Explorer with it. Let us know any problem areas that it may find.Finally,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/100845/email-problems-under-vista-home-home-premium/
Relevancy 43.43%

I don't have enough RAM on my computer to run vista home premium, and I don't have enough money to buy anymore RAM. Therefore, how do I downgrade from vista home premium to vista home basic? (By the way, I only have 766 MB of RAM on my computer). Please help.

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

I'm new here, just registered.

I successfully bought the upgrade version of Windows 7 Home Premium N, downloaded and extracted it and now I want to install it.
When I choose UPDATE in the intallation dialog it tells me that I cannot upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium ???
Every website from Windows and other people tells me that it IS possible and even the Windows 7 Update Advisor told me that I should not encounter any problems upgrading.

Has anyone of you yet encountered upgrading problems of compatible Vista/7 versions?
Or any other idea what I can do to solve the problem?!

I know that I can make a clean intall of 7, but this would be a pain...

Thank you very much in advance
Elefantman (t?r????)

My system is:
Samsung Laptop R70
Intel Duo Core 1,8GH
3GB Ram
Windows Home Premium (OEM)
Service Pack 1
32 Bit

And I bought:
Windows 7 Home Premium N
32 Bit
Download/Upgrade

A:Cant upgrade from Vista Home Premium to 7 Home PremiumN

I'm having the exact same problem. When I choose upgrade it checks compatibility and says:

"Windows cannot be upgraded because the hard disk partition is formatted with an unsupported version of the NTFS file system. You must restart the computer using the Windows installation disc, perform a custom install, reformat the hard disk partition, and then reinstall your existing files, settings and programs. Go online to see how to install Windows 7 and keep your files and settings."

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/30644-cant-upgrade-vista-home-premium-7-home-premiumn.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a Toshiba laptop with Vista Home Premium 32bit. I want to network a HP 4200 printer which is on XP Home. I have been able to install the printer drivers on my laptop. When I try to print to the HP it goes into the Que, but, will not print. How can I get it to print.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/223507-sharing-printers-vista-home-premium-xp-home.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I would like to Sync files (over an Ethernet Crossover cable, or thru a wireless network) between a Vista Home Premium laptop and an XP Home Edition laptop. As I read the help file in Vista, the Home Premium version does support Sync over a network. I haven't been able to figure out whether XP Home Edition version supports Sync over a network.

1. Does anybody know if I can Sync between these two systems?
2. If it is not supported directly, does anybody know of a workaround?
3. If there is no workaround, can I find freeware that will do the job.
4. If no freeware, what can I (do I need to) purchase from Microsoft?

Thanks

Ralph

A:Sync Vista Home Premium with XP Home Edition

I have seen a few inexpensive apps that file sync between computers. I would setup a shared hard drive on one computer and mapped the drive on the other computer to share files.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/158529-sync-vista-home-premium-xp-home-edition.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Greetings everybody! I am going to build a new computer when i get home, and one of the things I would like to do is dual boot Windows XP Home Edition and Vista Home Premium. i will be installing the OSs on a new 320 GB SATA. I will install XP first, then Vista. My questions are these: What program should I use to partition my hard drive? (i've heard of some but i want to hear what you guys think) Should I initially make a partition for XP- or make partitions for both? Basically- what's the best and most stable way of going about it? Thanks :)

A:Dual boot XP Home & Vista Home Premium

well, you can always just partition the drive using the XP setup, when you're doing the install. That's usually how I do it. But if you want a dedicated partitioning tool, I've always been a fan of partition magic.

I would go ahead and create both partitions at once - that way you only have to do it one time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dual-boot-xp-home-and-vista-home-premium-180273.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Can I upgrade to premium and have all my files,settings,programs etc carried over automatically or do I need to save them to a external hard-drive or something? I'm on a laptop,2gb,I've ran the Update Advisor which says I can update from my current V.Home Basic to Home Premium.

Relevancy 43%

Hello,my build is
mobo: MSI X58 platinum
cpu: intel i7 core 920 cpu
psu: 850W Chieftec
gpu: EVGA geforce gtx 280
ram: 2x2gb DDR3 Corsair
hdd: WDC Caviar Black 1TB
The problem is that i get random reboots and hangs with windows vista 64bit OS.I have tried with 2-3 different versions of win vista.And recently with Windows 7 RC 64-bit and then 32-bit but the problem persisted..
I visited the local retailer and they told me that it is a software problem since he installed windows xp and had 3d mark running with no error for some hours.
I installed windows xp now too and generally i dont have problems,only got 2 reboots last night but im not sure about the reason.
Anyway any1 has any idea about why i cant have vista installed?;/ i am thinking that it is a hardware problem but i dont know on which part..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-7-random-reboots-but-running-ok-on-winxp-372484.html
Relevancy 43%

As seen here at http forums techguy org windows-vista -vista-ultimate-upgrade-reboots-memory- html with the title quot VISTA Ultimate Upgrade Reboots with Memory Upgrade to GB quot I have the same exact problem I have an nForce chipset motherboard and it can handle GB of RAM GB in each slot I put in GB GB in each slot and it was fine but when I put anything Upgrade Over Memory with 2 Installed VISTA Ultimate Reboots GB over that amount such as MB or MB more then Vista won t boot It just gives me the black screen of death and the next time it just reboots It also won t enter safe mode I have tested my memory with Memtest overnight and it is fine I have no power supply issues No overheating problems All temperatures are fine The only thing I see is that Vista does not VISTA Ultimate Upgrade Reboots with Installed Memory Over 2 GB have the driver for the quot SM Bus Controller quot I don t see how that would affect the RAM issue though as that is only for quot standby quot and quot screensaver quot which I don t use I tried Windows XP and it works just fine with more than GB of RAM but not Vista If I use only GB of RAM then Windows Vista runs just fine I had read that nVidia warned people not to VISTA Ultimate Upgrade Reboots with Installed Memory Over 2 GB use GB of RAM if it is pc DDR and the remedy is to either use VISTA Ultimate Upgrade Reboots with Installed Memory Over 2 GB pc or slower OR lower the speed of the memory to or MHz in the BIOS I always run my memory at the same speed as the FSB of my Duron processor which is MHz MHz to keep the ratio and get better performance as it is recommended not to run RAM asynchronously Anyway Vista won t run with more than GB of RAM on the nVidia nForce motherboard but XP will This must be a problem with Vista I am using Vista Ultimate bit with Service Pack I even tried to install the hotfixes from Microsoft and it says I already have them installed It must have been included with Service Pack I have no idea what to do I really appreciate any advice and help Thank you Regards Paul nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Please help,

I have a HP NC6400 laptop at work,

Everytime you put it into sleep mode it reboots

Ive tried checking the power options as so may sites refer to them but i have no hibernate option

network cable unplugged same thing just reboots after screen going blank and showing some HDD activity

Please help