Windows Support Forum

How do I remove my laptop keyboard?

Q: How do I remove my laptop keyboard?

Without going into details, about a teaspoon of shampoo got spilled on my laptop keyboard in the top left quarter. I tried posting this from it, but it was unreadable. I immediately shut it down & used a dry towel to wipe up excess but some keys still don't work .
Please don't tell me I have to tear my laptop apart The Esc key does work.
Its a VGN-CR590
I do have the manual ,but I don't think it shows how to remove the keyboard. TIA

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How do I remove my laptop keyboard?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How do I remove my laptop keyboard?

I'm stumped. I found this http://www.laptopkeyboard.com/Guides.php/Sony/VGN-CR (Silver)/VGN-CR590/KBS15
checked out the manual but still can't find the screws with keyboard icons & I fear breaking the keyboard by removing it incorrectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-remove-my-laptop-keyboard.206608/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, how do I remove the keyboard on my Fujitsu/Siemens Amilo L7300 to add ram?

Relevancy 55.9%

The technical support people say if I can change the keyboard myself, then they'll simply ship me a new keyboard which I would have to change myself. Otherwise, I will have to send them the laptop which is a lot of hassle and the shipping would suck

Can anyone here help me remove/replace the keyboard for an Acer Aspire 5672WLMi ??

A:How do I Remove keyboard of my Acer Aspire 5672 laptop ?

bluezz said:

The technical support people say if I can change the keyboard myself, then they'll simply ship me a new keyboard which I would have to change myself. Otherwise, I will have to send them the laptop which is a lot of hassle and the shipping would suck

Can anyone here help me remove/replace the keyboard for an Acer Aspire 5672WLMi ??Click to expand...

Look's like you got the answer here......

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=85490
Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-remove-keyboard-of-my-acer-aspire-5672-laptop.62040/
Relevancy 50.31%

So I plugged a mac keyboard into my pc laptop and now ....

Some of the keys in my laptop keyboard work and some end up typing something completely different than what they are.

Anyone know how to fix this? I googled for a solution and couldn't find any results

A:Solved: Plugged a keyboard into my laptop. Now my laptop keyboard doesn't work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-plugged-a-keyboard-into-my-laptop-now-my-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work.854159/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all. I have already posted this once here. The topic had quite a few views and not a single reply. I'm giving this another try, as the problem persists and is not getting any better.

The keyboard on my Aurora m9700 is having some strange issues. I cannot figure if it is software or hardware related, either. At random intervals, the keyboard will cease function. But when I go into standby, then come out of standby the problem seems to be magically fixed! In fact, the problem just happened right after I finished typing the last sentence. I checked event manager, nothing changed. I had to go into standby and come out of it...

So please, is there anyone on here that can help me out? I have reformatted the computer since this started happening and nothing has changed, so I do not know what could possibly be causing this!

A:Weird keyboard laptop issue. Keyboard randomly stops functioning until I standby.

Just going to keep bumping this until I get a reply, or bet banned. Every thread has some form of reply...maybe I smell or something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-keyboard-laptop-issue-keyboard-randomly-stops-functioning-until-i-standby.879922/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am using windows 8.1.
1. Go to Control Panel -> Keyboard -> Tab HardwareIn list Devices is null.
2. Go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Tab Hardware
In list Devices is null.
How to fix this error.
Thank you!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990117
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey guys!

I recently got a Casio keyboard, with a new MIDI cable.

I'm a music artist and I'm totally new with this 'keyboard-to-computer-via-MIDI' stuff.

I don't know how to connect my Casio Keyboard to my computer with a MIDI cable. I've mostly been using Mixcraft's music library, but I want to start something new with my new keyboard.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can connect my keyboard to my laptop via MIDI?

I've looked at other forum posts and contacted a few music artists..........they had nothing.

Please help!

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53665-midi-keyboard-connecting-casio-keyboard-lenovo-z51-laptop.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I had a problem with my laptop not Several laptop keyboard working keyboard - keys on problem not which is certain key on my keyboard is not functioning The weird is it happened without a reason because Several keys on laptop keyboard not working - not keyboard problem after I shutdown doing my work when I turn it on again I discovered my quot s quot quot d quot quot g quot quot h quot quot quot quot m quot quot left shift quot quot caps lock quot and quot quot key did not work at all I try taking the key off cleaning underneath but nothing seems to be working After that I try to use usb keyboard and it seems the key can be entered So I thought my hardware is the problem than I replace into the new one but still having the same problem I already waste my money buying new keyboard Does any one happen to know what sort of problem this is and how I would go about fixing it Is it related to the registry My laptop is Acer aspire G ram GB processor i GHz I hope someone can help me to solve this problem nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/several-keys-on-laptop-keyboard-not-working-not-keyboard-problem.181333/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Dell M Laptop that has New different function like keys laptop (: Help! keyboard has old keyboard? layout, served me quite well for several years I just replaced the keyboard the other day and everything is working fine except that the new keyboard has a slightly different layout than the old keyboard did For example with the new keyboard all the F F F etc keys have function secondaries on them like multimedia brightness antennae toggle and so on My old keyboard New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: didnt have most of these and so when I attempt to use them on the new New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: keyboard they simply do not work In fact when I use function keys as if I still had my old keyboard installed the functions work which means it is the software interpretation of the keys that I need to change Does anybody know how I can fix this so that the keys of the new keyboard and functions match what the keys New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: actually say Another thing to add is that some of the new function keys on the new laptop such as antennae toggle were not on my last keyboard at all because they are softkeys on the case of my computer and I am not sure a function like that would be able to be added to the keyboard mapping at all but I m not sure Also I would prefer to not install third party software to accomplish this even if it means I need to delve into the registry manually Can anybody help nbsp

A:New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (:

You might try holding the 'fn' key while you tap the fnumber key.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-keyboard-has-different-layout-keys-function-like-old-keyboard-help.1042592/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I do a lot of typing at night time and the click of my keyoard's keys can be quite noticeable when there is pure silence. I have a Logitech K520 which isn't so loud but I would really love a keyboard that has the same type of keys as my Samsung laptop which are practically silent. Most laptops I've tried have similar keyboards in that the key doesn't travel far at all and there is no 'clicky' sounds either.

I have no idea what I would search for as I don't know what the style of keyboard is called. There are various names on the market, 'soft touch', 'quiet touch', 'low profile' etc etc but nothing that specifically identifies a laptop style.

I would just like a wireless laptop keyboard basically, even if it's the same size as a laptop keyboard but preferrably full sized.

Thanks very much for any advice

Relevancy 45.15%

Hey I am pretty desperate usb does fine not keyboard but keyboard works work with laptop now as I recently got a new Lenovo z laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard ideapad laptop which i think its months old only All of the sudden one day the shift laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard key started to automatically been pressed down as if its like its being 'possessed' in simple terms and it happened at random times After much forums some say hold shift key down for secs or x amount of secs disable sticky keys filter keys bounce keys or even continue press shift keys continuously etc etc Did all those disabled sticky keys bounch keys filter keys and now whenever i on my comp the shift key will automatically be pressed down so i have to hold the shift key for like - secs to disable it than it works fine and no more occurence However a new problem occurs now certain keys on the laptop is not working like the right shift key when the right shift key is pressed down none of the letters are being capital or none of the symbols are showing BUT the left shift key does the job Than the left shift key could not caps the letter z t y m and a few more but it works prefectly fine with other keys Now i am pretty sure its not a keyboard malfunction because without pressing caps all the keys are fine but only these certain keys wont be caps when the left shift key is pressed So i decided to use an external keyboard and everything works out fine right shift key is working left shift key caps those letters which could not be caps on the laptop So what is the problem actually and how to solve it is it a keyboard driver or software problem or hardware problem Novice here Ps now i know you guys would say send in for warranty but I'm now in Australia and unfortunately i bought this machine in malaysia and my international waranty wont work cause my model is not sold in Australia yea bloody stupid for calling international warranty thanks and hope you guys could somehow help out

A:laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard

The fact that a USB keyboard works fine when your built in one doesn't, proves that it is the keyboard itself (or connectors) that is damaged/defective, otherwise, if it were a software problem, the external keyboard would do the same.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548387/laptop-keyboard-does-not-work-but-works-fine-with-usb-keyboard/
Relevancy 45.15%

I want keyboard laptop all-in-one I into trackpad my and want turn keyboard an and mouse to to remove the monitor basically gut it and turn the keyboard and trackpad of my laptop into a keyboard with built-in mouse for my desktop It s an old laptop that I was I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse thinking about throwing away anyway so I might as well turn it into something useful look at attachment I want be able to connect that to my desktop with USB and be able to use I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse it as both keyboard and mouse have both I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse the keyboard and trackpad work My desktop is right next to my bed so I sometimes swing the monitor around and put the keyboard and mouse on the bed But it s damn hard to use a mouse when you have bedsheets and blankets and other stuff that s soft as a surface Also I can t have any compatibility problems it needs to work with all systems in my house that I may want to connect it to Mac OS Windows XP Vista and Linux Ubuntu and Fedora nbsp

A:I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse

would anyone happen to know, and can give me a step-by-step?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-turn-my-laptop-keyboard-and-trackpad-into-an-all-in-one-keyboard-and-mouse.785581/
Relevancy 44.29%

My grandmother was in the middle of typing an email. When she hit the shift key to make a capital letter, a box about sticky keys came up, and now neither keyboard will work. She has restarted the computer, unplugged/re-plugged in the auxilary keyboard, (before, even with the auxilary keyboard plugged in, she could still use the laptop keyboard), pressing the scroll lock key didn't do anyting either.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Kirsten

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-auxilary-keyboard-not-working.829998/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, I have an old Time laptop (so getting any drivers/chipsets will be a pain) that I'm using as a Home Theatre PC under my TV. I can wake up from standby with its power button, but not from its keyboard. Also, I can't do this using my Microsoft Wireless Desktop Keyboard, connected via USB (laptop doesn't have any PS2 ports).

I want to be albe to keep the laptop lid closed at all times and placed above my VCR, so having to open it every time I want to wake from standby is not ideal.

I've looked at all the APM properties for m/board and keyb but nothing. The BIOS says nothing about power management either.

Running Win XP SP2

Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Laptop can't wake-up from Standby with own keyboard or USB keyboard

Hi

Were u able to do that before? Are u sure that your laptop is set to standby and not to sleep/hibernate mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cant-wake-up-from-standby-with-own-keyboard-or-usb-keyboard.722999/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a HP vt6200 Omnibook laptop with German Keyboard. Recently my internal harddisk crashed and I replaced with a new IDE disk. I installed Windows XP (English US) afresh. Also installed the necessary drivers downloaded from HP site. Now the german keyboard is not working. It types multiple characters & behaves erratically. When I connect an external US English Keyboard, it works perfect. I tried changing the language/keyboard settings. It didn’t work.

I donot want to use German anymore on that laptop. All I want to use is only English. Now I am unable to use the laptop keyboard at all. Pls help !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue-on-laptop-with-german-keyboard.782753/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

Everything was working fine. Suddenly, when I typed on the usb keyboard, nothing happened. So I put it in a different usb port on the laptop, and it still didn't work. So I tried the laptop's own keyboard and still nothing. I'm not sure what is going on. 

I tried deleting the keyboard driver from Device Manager but that did nothing. I tried searching for this problem but all the results seem to not apply to this specifically. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Also... I'm a n00b that knows very little about computers so bear with me

A:Laptop won't recognize keyboard OR external usb keyboard

When you deleted the keyboard driver for the laptop...did you reboot after doing so?

Does your BIOS call for USB  boot via USB device?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573633/laptop-wont-recognize-keyboard-or-external-usb-keyboard/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi folks I've had success on this forum before and I'm hoping someone with more knowledge of IT than me can Cannot and in laptop to keyboard on-screen unresponsive keyboard ? W7 log no suggest Cannot log in to W7 laptop ? unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard a workaround solution Cannot log in to W7 laptop ? unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard to an issue I currently have with a Windows Home Premium laptop This is an old laptop that I only use from time to time but it still has a number of files and photos on it that I don't have saved elsewhere Last time I used the laptop it was acting as if the Ctrl key was being pressed every - seconds which made the keyboard difficult to use because it triggered shortcuts as I tried to type Ctrl O Ctrl S etc Because I don't use the laptop as my main machine I decided that I'd uninstall the keyboard driver from within the Control Panel and just use the on-screen keyboard going forward Following this I powered the machine on a couple of days ago and panicked when I discovered that I couldn't get the Ease of Access dialog box to display on the login screen to allow me to enable the on-screen keyboard It doesn't produce any kind of error it simply does nothing when the button located in the left-hand corner is clicked At this point I was still hopeful that I could get around the issue by connecting a standard USB keyboard but this is also completely unresponsive although it does appear to be getting power from the laptop because the Caps Lock indicator light is lit I've tried a few alternatives connecting the keyboard before powering up during the start up process and also at the log in screen Additionally in the hope that it would automatically install a driver in the background and eventually allow the keyboard to function I left the machine running for about minutes but still nothing So just to confirm the machine has only a single user account set up on it which is password protected I can't proceed past the log in screen at all the laptop's default keyboard is unresponsive Ease of Access OSK dialog box will not display and the standard USB keyboard I have here doesn't appear to be helping either I also considered trying the above in safe mode before realising that I couldn't even do that without a keyboard unless there's another way of accessing this that I'm not aware of Any ideas - Thanks

A:Cannot log in to W7 laptop – unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard

If you are just interested in recovering your data to save elsewhere you could purchase an external enclosure for about $8.00 at Newegg, remove the HDD from the laptop and install it in the external enclosure.  You can then attach it to another computer via a USB cable (which comes with the enclosure) and access your data to recover what you want.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591884/cannot-log-in-to-w7-laptop-unresponsive-keyboard-and-no-on-screen-keyboard/
Relevancy 42.57%

i have been having endless snags with trying to upgrade my lpatops memory i need to remove my keyboard my system is an ei system i have found the chasis number to be U SI chassis quot screen if this helps along the top between the keyboard how do keyboard? remove i function keys and the laptop itself there are push clips with an how do i remove keyboard? additional one on either side of keyboard next to Caps Lock and PgDn after pushing these with a flat head the keyboard is slightly raised but still stuck down there are several screws on the base of the laptop how do i remove keyboard? however none are labeled apparantly they usually lable it KB i have unscrewed of the screws on base that look like they might be in the right how do i remove keyboard? place but still the keyboard is not free i m scared to be to rough with it as dont want to break it hope i have given enough info to help you to help me if you need anything else just ask nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I have a presario r3000 and want to replace the kybd. How do I get the cover off so I can get to it?? I took every screw out that I could see. It seems like something under the hinge is holding it on. How do I get the hinge covers off w/o gouging them up.

Ohh yeah this is my first post!! Hello everyone!! :wave:

A:How do I remove the Keyboard

Do the absolutely unthinkable and read the friendly manual?

Make your pick: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Look...&h_query=presario+r3000&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-remove-the-keyboard.39213/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I have a strange problem and I can't find solution on internet. My 2 years old son was watching cartoons on my Laptop, he got excited and start hitting buttons on the keyboard. Some letters and numbers stooped working even arrows too...no sure what to do?

I have restated the laptop took off battery and did so many things What should I do?
please help

Thanks for your help

A:Laptop Keyboard main keys not working on Acer laptop

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

It is not hard to replace the keyboard.

See these search results for pricing and "hot to" videos.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309462-laptop-keyboard-main-keys-not-working-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I live in the UK and bought a UK laptop and installed it with all the UK-english features. However after downloading and enabling the JP keyboard, the US-english keyboard has forced itself into my switchable keyboards and I can't seem to get rid of it and it's crazy annoying. It doesn't show up in the keyboard section but is still in my language toolbar..

A:How to remove US keyboard option

Hi,
Welcome to the forums, just click English(UK) and let us know what happens.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61714-how-remove-us-keyboard-option.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I need to replace a keyboard on a Satellite L50-B-1DV.

The keyboard that I have received from my suppliers does not have any screw holes so I am presuming that the existing keyboard comes out by prising it gently from the top rather than having to dismantle.

Can anyone confirm what is best method of removing a keyboard from this particular model.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91942-Satellite-L50-B-1DV-how-to-remove-keyboard
Relevancy 42.14%

I have some weird problem in Windows 8.

For some reason i can't remove ENG US Keyboard from language bar.

When i click 'Language preferences' i get this window

As you can see there is no ENG so that i can remove it! When i click on 'bosanski' options i get this:

As you can see there is no anywhere English so i can remove it. On Windows 7 i dont have this problem!

A:I can't remove ENG US Keyboard from language bar

Back out to language and then select Advanced settings on the left.
Select change language bar hotkeys and then, in the next window, click the "Language Bar"
There you can choose to hide it..

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/24895-i-cant-remove-eng-us-keyboard-language-bar.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi there

I have bought a Toshiba Satellite R630-14J, and i would like to remove de keyboard for clean it.
I have tried to remove the plastic case between the keys, but I have not succeeded.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

A:Satellite R630-14J -How to remove keyboard?

My friend has an R700 which I think is the same design as that R630. If it is the same, it is a big job to remove the keyboard, the whole base of the notebook needs to be dismantled.

You can clean the keyboard without removing it using compressed air, however if it's a liquid spill, the keyboard will probably need replacing.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?63947-Satellite-R630-14J-How-to-remove-keyboard
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi
I have recently updated to 8.1 update 1 and noticed that there is a new icon (next to the time) in the taskbar to choose either the US or UK layout of the keyboard.
I have chosen the UK layout and wish to now remove this from the taskbar.

Is it possible to remove it from the taskbar?

Thanks

A:US/UK keyboard icon in taskbar - How to remove

If you remove US as a language option for the keyboard layout the icon will disappear , it's only there as a way to choose between languages installed if more than one is available.

Control Panel , Languages.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/46111-us-uk-keyboard-icon-taskbar-how-remove.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi there I'm Remove Layout Unnecessary Keyboard currently building my Windows x Enterprise Image via SCCM R I'm using the following answer file for setting the region and language lt xml version quot quot encoding quot Remove Unnecessary Keyboard Layout utf- quot gt lt unattend xmlns quot urn schemas-microsoft-com unattend quot gt lt settings pass quot specialize quot gt lt component name Remove Unnecessary Keyboard Layout quot Microsoft-Windows-International-Core quot processorArchitecture quot amd quot publicKeyToken quot bf ad e quot language quot neutral quot versionScope quot nonSxS quot xmlns wcm quot http schemas microsoft com WMIConfig State quot xmlns xsi quot http www w org XMLSchema-instance quot gt lt InputLocale gt de-CH lt InputLocale gt lt SystemLocale gt de-CH lt SystemLocale gt lt UILanguage gt de-CH Remove Unnecessary Keyboard Layout lt UILanguage gt lt UILanguageFallback gt de-CH lt UILanguageFallback gt lt UserLocale gt de-CH lt UserLocale gt lt component gt lt settings gt lt unattend gt After the installation there are the following keyboard layouts available - German Switzerland - French Switzerland - German Germany Currently i'm removing via a User GPP Keyboard Layout Preload But this only affects the current user Is there any way how i can remove those Layout globally and set it to quot German Switzerland quot Only Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/35c9d0bf-0d2d-4d65-84ab-02fa5aa4eb72/remove-unnecessary-keyboard-layout?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello people I have an Inspiron n on which the hard disk has failed I have no real idea why it is necessary to do so but to access and replace the hard disk it is necessary to remove the keyboard I am PC savvy qualified at degree level in Computer Sciences enough for this not to be of any issue NORMALLY But as Inspiron keyboard C5010 remove cannot the subject suggests I am damned if I can remove the keyboard I have followed the dissasembly manual to the hilt Inspiron C5010 cannot remove keyboard Removed all screws optical drives memory etc Yet where in the manual and on the online videos there is a screw near to the RAM modules that holds the keyboard to the base this model has none And after releasing the catches on the keyboard Inspiron C5010 cannot remove keyboard its still stuck somewhere to the left Please Please can someone throw some light on this for me I need this machine back PDQ Your help will be much much appreciated Happy Belated Easter To You All Andy W Footnote All the documentation online leads to a screw to the rigt of the RAM modules I have enclosed a pic of the back of the machine Inspiron C5010 cannot remove keyboard clearly showing there is no screw URL Uploaded with ImageShack us IMG nbsp

A:Inspiron C5010 cannot remove keyboard

Are you sure that the screw is into the keyboard and not the plastic under the keyboard? My parents have a newer inspiron laptop and it takes about 30 seconds to get the keyboard out. Remove bezel, unscrew keyboard, turn keyboard over and unclip the connector.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XabecfFe2XY

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inspiron-c5010-cannot-remove-keyboard.1049000/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello.

After removing iks.sys [invisible keylogger stealth] I can't use my keyboard
anymore.
At the very first keystroke my system [win xp] crashes.
In the control panel [system-hardware], I can see that the keyboard doesn't
work properly (driver file is corrupted), but I can't fix it.
The driver files are i8042prt.sys, kbdclass.sys. If you have them, please send me.

I'm in serious trouble, please help me out.
Thank you

Relevancy 41.71%

Not sure if this is the correct forum for my question but can anyone help with how to replace the keyboard on my son's laptop, a pavillion 15-P264na?Many thanksJohn

A:remove HP pavilions 15-P264na keyboard

Start on p. 46 of the Service Manual here: Manual The keyboard is part of the whole top cover not a separate part. You can buy just a keyboard on eBay but there are no separate instructions for how to remove it from the top cover and replace it. An experienced tech can figure it out but without instructions a novice would have no chance. HP provides the replacement keyboard only as part of the whole top cover.  If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/remove-HP-pavilions-15-P264na-keyboard/td-p/5841334
Relevancy 41.71%

How do i remove the keyboard on a HP notebook 15-p001TX

A:How do i remove the keyboard on a HP notebook 15-p001TX

@uzma? This is all you should need. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04330942 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-do-i-remove-the-keyboard-on-a-HP-notebook-15-p001TX/td-p/5700744
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi, when i startup, too many pop ups appear all over the screen. How do I switch them off?!?!
I'm working on it.
Specifically, I working on removing the windows 7 magnifer and onscreen keyboard, which popup at start.
How do I switch them off?
Help! before my computer breaks due to too many startup pop ups!

A:remove startup onscreen keyboard

Welcome meemoe,

See if this helps,

For on screen keyboard, click the options button then towards the bottom, control whether on screen keyboard starts when I log on.

On-Screen Keyboard - Vista Forums

For magnifier, click on the gear shaped options button, control whether magnifier starts when I log on.

Magnifier Starts at Startup - Enable or Disable

here's a couple screenshots,

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/82477-remove-startup-onscreen-keyboard.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey, quick question.

How do I remove the keyboard from the laptop to give the inside a cleaning ?

Thanks.

A:How to remove keyboard on my Satellite Pro C850-14C

Hi

I read that this is not very easy?
You will need to remove the CD/DVD drive firstly.
Then you will need to use a plastic stick to push the back of keyboard from the slot in ODD housing. The keyboard should be pushed until the corner raises upon top case surface.
After that using the same plastic pry slice to insert the gap between keyboard and top case, then pry keyboard edges carefully until all latches are unlocked.

By the way: doing this would will cancel the warranty?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?70035-How-to-remove-keyboard-on-my-Satellite-Pro-C850-14C
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello all. Some awful software has installed input language on my system during installation. Input language is not recognized and is shown as "???". When I try to open Keyboard settings to remove this language, windows error arises and system suggests using appropriate debugger. I want to remove this input language entry from registry, but was unable to locate appropriate registry key. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/383575-cant-add-remove-keyboard-input-language.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Anybody knows how to remove Fujitsu Lifebook N3410 keyboard?

A:remove fujitsu N3410 keyboard

The screws on the bottom.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remove-fujitsu-n3410-keyboard.78344/
Relevancy 41.71%

As a long time Mac user, I've recently acquired a Surface Book. As I'm in the UK, I use English (UK) as my display language, but the keyboard is US (the computer was purchased in the US). All this seems logical and I had the system working for a while and then for some reason, it reverts to the UK keyboard even though that is not an option under the available input methods or under the keyboard in Settings. I don't understand how the system can use a UK keyboard when technically it isn't installed. I even tried removing the UK display language, but that too remains despite it not showing up in the Settings panel under Languages.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35312-unable-remove-uk-keyboard-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I need to change the display connector on my notebook, already removed HDD, Memories, ODD, all screws F2, F5, F8, and the keyboard plate is still blocked in the middle, cannot remove it from motherboard.
Any tips, please, about what is still tightening the plate to motherboard?

Thanks in advance

A:Cannot remove keyboard on Satellite Pro U400

Hi

Before you start to remove screws that secure keyboard (two of them at the top) remove screws for KB Holder. They are placed under the battery.
Check it out.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73880-Cannot-remove-keyboard-on-Satellite-Pro-U400
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,

I used to have soluto installed on my pc, those who are familiar with it, allows you to remove programs from start-up ...

I uninstalled it recently to solve something, big mistake ...

I now have all my original programs starting back up again ...

I have tried soluto, and 'msconfig' ... but am struggling to find a way of removing Microsoft laser keyboard notification's from displaying in taskbar, the cap-lock, num-lock and scroll-lock icon ? ...

is there a way of making these disappear ? they never used to be

many thanks in advance,

stuart

A:remove microsoft keyboard notification from taskbar ?

Uncheck Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar, then change the appropriate icon/icons to "Hide icon and notifications"

Notification Area Icons - Hide or Show System Icons and Notifications

Have you removed this Microsoft Laser keyboard software ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/313459-remove-microsoft-keyboard-notification-taskbar.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi there
if you add an input method by mistake you CANNOT it seems remove it again.

The remove button is greyed out. This applies to Windows 8.1 not W8.

Anybody know how to get rid of this.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Cannot remove language or keyboard input method (W8.1)

It probably will be grayed out until you add another input method.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35472-cannot-remove-language-keyboard-input-method-w8-1-a.html
Relevancy 41.28%

You have helped me in another forum, so now I have another problem.

My Logitech wireless keyboard (duo navigator) began to type wrong letters. I checked to make sure US English was still indicated. It is.
I have had some other minor problems with the keyboard and mouse lately, so I want to uninstall them completely and install a wireless MS keyboard and mouse, but I get this error message when I try to uninstall them in add/remove:

"Sorry this software is not compatible with your operating system. Your device will still provide basic functionality. The installer will now close."

I want it out and I don't want to reformat the harddrive. I know it is difficult to remove completely (like Norton was) but if I could have some steps on how do it, I sure would appreciate any help I can get to take this stubborn program out.

I have xp sp2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-completely-remove-uninstall-logitech-keyboard.613163/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello, I like to replace my standard harddisk in my Ideapad 100-14IBY with a SSD. I have read the corresponding Maintenance manual and followed the instructions step by step.It is impossible to remove the keyboard without breaking it, it seems like it is glued. Is there any advise, other than sending it in to a service partner, how to safely remove the keyboard ? I just don´t get it why Lenovo really makes it so hard for users to change the drive in this particular model. Thank you in advance

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Ideapad 100-14IBY impossible to remove keyboard

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Please review the Lenovo Training Video for your model and the section pertaining to removing the keyboard.  Chances are the little catches on the edge of the keyboard are holding things up.

https://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/showcase?sid=701&key=TGVuZw==

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-100-14IBY-impossible-to-remove-keyboard/td-p/2236062
Relevancy 41.28%

I am trying to remove the keyboard from a Gateway M320 notebook. I can detach everything but the cable!

Step 13 of the instructions found here on Gateway's support site says to lift a brown latch to unlock the keyboard connector.

I don't see a latch anywhere near the cable -- brown or otherwise. I have tried gently tugging and sliding everything connected to the cable connector.

Is anyone familiar with how to disconnect they keyboard cable from this or similar model notebook?

Thanks.

A:Remove keyboard of Gateway M320 notebook

DISCLAIMER: I have never worked on a Gateway laptop computer. The following information is based on my working with LCD modules, some of which use similar cables and sockets. I am not responsible for any damage that may occur if you use this information.

The cable in the picture is a flat flex cable (FFC). Some FFC mating sockets are of a Zero Insertion Force (ZIF) type. The sockets allow the cable to be freely inserted into the socket. A locking mechanism is then latched to hold the cable in place. It has to be unlatched to safely remove the cable. The latches come in different styles. One style uses a flipper tab (I have seen brown ones) that extends the width of the cable. The tab flips towards the cable to lock it and away from the cable to release.

The ZIF socket in the picture looks like it might be of a type where the latch mechanism slides in and out of the socket, parallel to the cable. GENTLY AND EVENLY Pushing it into the socket locks the cable and GENTLY AND EVENLY pulling on it at each end to move it parallel to the cable and out of the socket a little bit releases the cable.

BOTH LATCH TYPES HAVE VERY THIN SECTIONS OF PLASTIC THAT CAN BREAK EASILY. THEY NEED TO BE HANDLED WITH EXTREME CARE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remove-keyboard-of-gateway-m320-notebook.766255/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi there
If you select a keyboard layout and there's no language pack available you cannot remove that keyboard again.

I made a mistake and got this (Igbo whatever that is)

Now I've got a redundant keyboard entry that I can't get rid of.

(Running Windows 8.1 Enterprise RTM - TechNet x-64). Note you can only add language packs etc for PRO and above versions.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Windows 8.1 Error - cannot remove keyboard layout

From what I read about this problem it's a definite bug carried over from the last version and apparently isn't fixed yet although there are some registry adjustments that seem to be working for people with this problem.

The link below shows that many users have the same problem which can be resolved with an adjustment to the registry or the charms bar.

my Keyboard Layout is switching automatically by Windows into the - Microsoft Community

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/31903-windows-8-1-error-cannot-remove-keyboard-layout.html
Relevancy 41.28%

A technician replaced my T450 keyboard under warranty since it was having some problems, but ever since the top left corner of the keyboard is a bit loose.  When I hit, say, the ESC key, it depresses a little bit which isn't a function problem, but rather an annoyance.  So I went to the hardware maintenance manual, and tried to follow the steps, but for the life of me can't figure out how to remove those 2 little rubber stoppers under the battery!  I tried gently pushing on them as shown in the picture, but I seem to keep pushing them in further instead of them coming out.  Has anyone got any hints on how to actually get those little buggers out, so that I can try to reset my keyboard?  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.  

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:T450 keyboard - how to remove rubber stoppers

Hi rcspencer1,

Here's a pretty good video showing how to do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huD3dFzfvcI

Regards,
Dave

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T450-keyboard-how-to-remove-rubber-stoppers/td-p/3311964
Relevancy 41.28%

I just got a laptop that has a touch keyboard which I never plan to use. I have Start8 running and I use only the desktop UI. I go to task bar properties/toolbars and uncheck the touch keyboard apply and OK, and the icon disappears as it should. But when I restart it has returned. Is there a way to get rid of it.
Len

A:Can't remove taskbar touch keyboard icon

Try this: How to disable the On-Screen Touch Keyboard in Windows 8 - Scott Hanselman

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/36884-cant-remove-taskbar-touch-keyboard-icon.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi!
I have environment where I use following regional/language settings for (SCCM) unattended installations:

inputlocale : EN-USsystemlocale : EN-GBuserlocale : EN-GB
After installation there will be 2 keyboard layouts available: EN-US and EN-GB. I would like to see only EN-US there!
Is it possible and how to do it?
Thanks,

UV

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a516bb3a-b593-4327-9bbe-f263916d272b/w7-unattended-setup-remove-keyboard-layout?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm thinking about taking and old laptop and retrofitting it with a mini motherboard to use as a server at my new apartment. I would like to use the keyboard and monitor on the laptop case to keep the overall size down but I can't find any reference as to how you connect standard motherboard connectors (video and PS2(keyboard)) to the connectors found on the laptop monitor and keyboard. If anyone knows where I can find these connectors or specs on how to make them I would really appreciate it. If the mod gets done it will probably be pretty impressive and I'll give you credit for your troubles. Thanks

A:Need help with adapters: VGA to laptop monitor & PS2 to laptop keyboard

You should look for a docking station for it. That will solve your problems. :hotouch:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-adapters-vga-to-laptop-monitor-ps2-to-laptop-keyboard.2207/
Relevancy 40.85%

On the topic of Windows 8 customization, is there a way to permanently remove the Touch Keyboard toolbar from taskbar?

I've tried disabling the service in Control Panel > Services then removing the Touch Keyboard toolbar via right click on task bar but after shut-down/restart the toolbar still comes back (it's just annoying and takes up valuable task bar space).

Thanks again,

Edit:

Thanks Brink, didn't think I needed to create another thread but come to think off it Windows 8 is still very new and others may have the same problem.

A:Permanently remove Touch Keyboard toolbar from taskbar?

search 'Mouse'
and in the last tab you might have something like this:

Make sure "Remove tray icon from taskbar" is checked.

Although yours might be different, since it varies between touch mouse models I think.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/17855-permanently-remove-touch-keyboard-toolbar-taskbar.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,
Anyone have detailed instructions for removing and replacing the keyboard and touchpad on a Sony Vaio VGN-ZA570G? It seems that the keyboard hood is tight and I do not want to break anything. Special instructions for removing?
Thanks!
Star Tek

A:Sony Vaio PCG-9W1L remove keyboard and touchpad

Check instructions at this link:

http://www.insidemylaptop.com/remove-replaced-damaged-keyboard-sony-vaio-vgn-s150-lapto/

Not the same model number but it may work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-pcg-9w1l-remove-keyboard-and-touchpad.146169/
Relevancy 40.85%

I am using KVM extender on Windows 7 using USB ports and my keybaord/mouse are connected to this KVM extender.

Sometimes I USB hard disks on the PC directly. The issue I am facing now is that after the USB disk usage, when I select "safly remove hardware" for USB disks my keyboard/mouse which is connected to extender becomes un-responsive.

How can  I force the KVM extender as an internal drive? or any other solution?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e6f0c0e3-9dd1-449a-a4ec-b0d9e989a067/safely-remove-hardware-keyboardmouse-becomes-unresponsive?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 40.85%

I'll have to come back and add screenshots to this later - if they are needed - but what I want to do is remove the inactive (and thus un-needed) brightness control and keyboard control icons in the Settings Charm panel.

These icons appear on the right side of the six available icons in the Settings Charm (Windows + I for shortcut).

Also, I'm new to this forum, and as a former IT tech, I realize that information gets lost or misplaced. If this topic needs to be moved, forgive me, and I won't mind if this is moved.

A:Remove keyboard & brightness icons in Settings Charm?

They are a part of the coding for the Metro Interface. No way to remove them.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/46598-remove-keyboard-brightness-icons-settings-charm.html
Relevancy 40.42%

how do I stop or delete to for keyboard? remove how predictive data text onscreen from user previously typed words from the onscreen keyboard predictive text feature I like the feature for word predictions but it bothers me to no end that after typing big is in the list from looking at porn or type as and is there of us look at it not all of us how to remove user data from predictive text for onscreen keyboard? want to be how to remove user data from predictive text for onscreen keyboard? reminded of it afterwards If there is a feature to purge this accumulated data I can t find it I d how to remove user data from predictive text for onscreen keyboard? settle for the files location so i can do it manually if there is no other option Why there isn t one is beyond me or at least in an obvious place in the settings i can t be the only one frustrated by this I assume most just disable the feature Disabling and enabling doesn t seem to cause a data purge sadly Thanks for any help with this I know how to turn off the feature in case anyone suggests that nbsp

A:how to remove user data from predictive text for onscreen keyboard?

the only link I have found that says it can be done is
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-...ently-typed-words-win-7s-screen-keyboard.html
scroll down to post #7

I can't guarantee that works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-remove-user-data-from-predictive-text-for-onscreen-keyboard.1150387/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,

some keys on the keyboard of my Z830 keyboard became sticky over time.

Is it possible to remove single keys, try to clean it and put the key back in, or is the key glued?

I wouldn't want to replace the whole keyboard, as most of the keys still work fine.

Thanks

A:Satellite Z830 - Remove/change single keys from keyboard

Hi

> Is it possible to remove single keys, try to clean it and put the key back in, or is the key glued?
The key caps are removable. But I?m not quite sure if caps cleaning would solve the ?sticky key issue?.

On Youtube you could find some interesting videos how to remove such key caps and to clean the area under the caps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSI0DPagnEQ

But be careful doing this.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?77004-Satellite-Z830-Remove-change-single-keys-from-keyboard
Relevancy 38.27%

I have just acquired a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro Laptop (purchased on Ebay)
It is running WindowsXP Home.

Silly question I am sure but, when I try to type the "@" charecter, using the left shift key, all I get is ". I can't work out how to set up the keyboard, and obviousley until I do so I cannot use the laptop for emails etc.

any suggestions, the technological pigmy is lost in the long grass!

Thank You.

Relevancy 38.27%

I connected a 2nd keyboard to my laptop to make things easier. But now when I do want to use the laptop's original keyboard, it's all screwy. Like hitting the letter L gives you the number 3 instead, and all sorts of other errors. This still happens after I've disconnected the 2nd keyboard. How do I fix this?

A:laptop keyboard mix-up

Do you have different country's keyboard layouts installed? You may have some switched it to another language.
Outside of that, reboot didn't fix it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-mix-up.384475/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have an Everex laptop. Sometimes when I am typing the keyboard moves single letters around sometimes splits words. It happens quiute a lot. I was wondering if anyone knew why this is happening.

A:Laptop Keyboard

Sure your not touching the touchpad? (which is the same as left clicking with the mouse button on a lot of laptops).
If not, you need to give more examples!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard.925749/
Relevancy 38.27%

Problem : Numbers  with special characters dont work properly

what happens is
when i press 1 i sometimes get 111 , 11 not single 1 , but repeated numbers following...

second is i cannot press shift + number key for special character  
example shift + 2 = @ , i get nothing after repeated tries i manage to get it ..

Edit : my shift keys with other keys is working fine , like shift +a = A etc , its only the top number keys problem.

Please help 
thanks

A:Laptop keyboard

its only the top number keys problem.

Do you mean the F (Function) keys?  F1 through F12?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549347/laptop-keyboard/
Relevancy 38.27%

My laptop keyboard is fried (Dell Inspirion 2650) and says it is holding down keys such as X, s, and Tab...I have a seperate USB keyboard plugged into it but the laptop keyboard still keeps doing that.....Is there any way to disable the laptop keyboard 100%

I really appreciate all responses, this is my only computer for college.

-ryan.

A:Laptop Keyboard help.

I am not sure but there should be screws for you to unscrew your keyboard. Check.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-keyboard-help-102873.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have an hp pavillion. Recently my keyboard has been doing some strange things. Sometimes the b and n keys don't work. Sometimes when pressing the b key it turns the cap locks on and brings up the microsoft help page. I have checked the fuction lock button and it is not on. Does anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it?

A:HP laptop keyboard help

Someone wrote a guide on => Cleaning Laptop Keyboard
But if cleaning does not help, you may need to replace it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-keyboard-help.120650/
Relevancy 38.27%

Ya, i asked a question on my keyboard question on my laptop and here is an update. The guy from dell replaced the hole keyboard. It was working great, but yet again, it does the same thing. Something has to be wrong. Can someone help me. It cant be derty since i just got it a few hours ago

A:Laptop keyboard help plz

Which same thing? Keys not working or the wrong letter being displayed. You can probably plug an external keyboard into the back of your Laptop and see if the problem stops when using that keyboard. If not it may be a software problem and you may need to scan for viruses and spywhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-help-plz.258437/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a new laptop that just got fixed and my niece pressed something on the HP Pavilion DV6-6000 Keyboard and now i cannot type anything, if i try to type something like if i type the "F" key some tool bar comes up. PLEASE HELP!!!!

A:Help with laptop keyboard?

Did you niece spill something on the keyboard? They are easy enough to replace, and as you can see, fairly cheap too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-laptop-keyboard.180066/
Relevancy 38.27%

okay folks...my ex calls me up tonite and says that when she types on her keyboard the T's are 6's & the A's are 9's or something like that...not all keys are wrong though...mouse works fine. she thinks a child might've been playing with it but I don't know...don't ask me what kind of laptop it is...never saw it...told her to run her v scans,try going into windows accessabilty and checking it out,reboot,shake upsidedown for crumbs etc....any suggestions? thanks...paul

A:Laptop keyboard just isn't right

If children are involved, a new keyboard may be needed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard-just-isnt-right.111761/
Relevancy 38.27%

hi, i am using an e-system 3090 laptop, problem is on the letters on the second bottom on the keyboard, the letters x c v then n m , . / dont work, the letters z b are okay, i havent dropped or spilt any thing on the keyboard and the drivers show they are working okay.
thanks
jedocast

The ribbon cable might have come loose, although that very rarely occurs. Also, the contacts underneath those keys might need cleaned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard.156082/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have an ibm thinkpad t22 it is 900 mhz with 256 meg ram 20 gig harddrive. I am having problem with the keyboard. The problem is several key are not working the key are as follow q,w,e,rt,y,u,i,o,p,[,], left shift, tab key, cap key and backspace key. I instal two new keyboard and have the same problem. Any idea.

It sounds like it's had liquid spilt on it, sometimes replacing the keyboard won't fix it. All I can suggest is using an external PS2 or USB keyboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard.703932/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a gateway m675 series laptop. I haven't used it in awhile, but now I can't even type on it. The keyboard does not respond to anything I do. I hooked up a external keyboard through the usb port and that works fine. The touchpad works too, but no response from any of the functions keys or regular alphabet. Any help would be grateful. Also, the power button works, the cd-rom drive works too. Just the keys have no response. I went and downloaded the drivers for the laptop off gateways website, but they have so many drivers for keyboards and most seem to be upgrades. None were just the basics. None of them worked. Help please!

A:can not use my keyboard on laptop

Does the Kb work when you are in the CMOS?BIOS setup pages?
If yes then you might have some corruption in the O/S a system restore or previously good startup may be in order.
If it does not ,You might have to send the Lptp in for service.
Also check the Setup for anything that might shutoff the onboard Kb to use an external KB especially docking settings,etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-not-use-my-keyboard-on-laptop.67534/
Relevancy 38.27%

Ok, here's the lowdown:

My younger sister spilled pop on her laptop (Dell Inspiron 1520) and has since cleaned it up with a little water on a paper towel. I knew this is not enough, but she insisted it was fine. Only, when she went to type, her keys were wrong.

For example, the 'A' key puts in letters such as 'FDLKS'. This happens on the left side of the keyboard, which is where the pop spilled. The right side seems to work just fine.

I know that taking apart the computer and taking out the keyboard might be the way to go, but do any of you have any suggestions as to how to clean it? And if that is not possible, where would be a good place to get a replacement keyboard?

Thanks!
ITgirl45

A:Pop on laptop keyboard!! Help!!!

http://repair4laptop.org/notebook_keyboard.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pop-on-laptop-keyboard-help.724652/
Relevancy 38.27%

packard bell easynote r5 ; windows xp

the keyboard is frozen. if i press a key then mouse freezes too. tried restarting and system restore.

no working keys therefore cannot enter bios

problem occured after installing apache. now uninstalled but still a problem

A:laptop keyboard

could you get your hands on a USB keyboard, that may allow you to enter the bios. the mouse still works if you dont press buttons though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard.324853/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have an HP Pavillion dv9000z (the 17 inch monster) and i just installed windows 7 and it works fine, but there is a small problem, the keyboard thinks its on the 15 inch model. when i turn on num lock, the num pad works, but then p becomes *, j becomes 1, etc. any way to fix this

Note: looked it up on the hp website, doing anything with the numlock/fn keys didn't seem to work

A:hp laptop keyboard

U=4 I=5 O=6 P=*
J=1 K=2 L=3 :=-
M=0 >=. ?=+

This right.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/65380-hp-laptop-keyboard.html
Relevancy 38.27%

How do you install a new keyboard on a Toshiba Setallite A135- laptop?

toshiba's website may have service instructions. also consider the age of the piece. it may not be worth messing with.

Most laptops have hordes of screws (Dell latitude models have 65+ screws in 6 different types) and you have remove many types of them to get to the keyboard. if they are marked in any way, draw circles on a piece of paper. Mark the circles for the screw type (motherboard, keyboard, disk drive, lcd ...). put the screws you remove into the proper circle and don't move the paper until you have completely reassembled the laptop.

Remove the battery, hard drive, optical drive and other loose parts first. Look for notches that show where you can gently pry apart pieces of plastic to access the hardware below.

If they are similar to Dell, there are 4-5 screws marked as KB. Remove those and the bezel piece between keyboard and LCD panel. Carefully lift up the keyboard, noting how it connects to the mainboard. Most use a mylar strip with connectors embedded. You may need to figure out how to unlock the connection in order to remove the strip. Some systems use a 2 part connector. Move one side of the connector and it unlocks. Do not force the connector apart by pulling on the cable. That will ruin the connector.

Reassemble in the reverse order.

As a workaround, try using a regular keyboard plugged into the usb or ps/2 port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard.695651/
Relevancy 38.27%

My dad can't use his spacebar at all on his keyboard of his laptop. Is there something he should do to help this problem? The arrow keys will not work either. Help please?

Thanks!

Relevancy 38.27%

My son has a Dell Inspiron 2650 laptop. Last week the keyboard stopped working. I just assumed it had worn out so I bought another one from Dell. It arrived today and before I could change it, he called me and told me the old one started working again. Does this mean something sinister is going on? I am going to change it anyway since I have the new one but I wonder if something else might be going on. Thanks for any advice.

Relevancy 38.27%

I just installed a new hard drive in my computer (upgraded to a 1TB,) re-installed Windows 8, everything seems to be going great...except...

It seems like my keyboard is ultra sensitive...? That's the best way I know how to describe it. When I rest my hands where I normally do and start typing, especially if I'm going super fast, it seems like keys I'm not pressing get 'pressed', or the cursor just moves to another place on the screen randomly. I cannot for the life of me figure out why it's doing this or what I can do to make it stop. It's very very frustrating!!

A:Laptop keyboard seems to do whatever it wants

Where is your thumb when you are typing???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-seems-to-do-whatever-it-wants.1100953/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi I have a toshiba satellite L455D labtop, my daughter spelt coffee on the right handside of computer and spelled 90% of it on the keyboard. We wiped it off right away and cleaned up under it but half the keys don't work. Should I just buy a new one if so where to go and if not then how can I fix it at home?

Hi

you cant fix laptop KB's they arent repairable, Ebay is your best bet, they are easy to replace, usually a few screws or a couple of pop tabs and a ribbon cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard.143639/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey there, I want to find out if my keyboard is back lit. If yes how do I turn it on. Cheers

Specs do not mention backlit, but if it is f5 turns it on and off

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-keyboard/td-p/5852046
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, my dell laptop keyboard got messed up so I bought a new
one in ebay (same one) when i recieved it I installed it and
I turned on my laptop tried to type but the letter Z i think is stuck
because it stays doing this zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wont stop.
Can it be solved ? Before I send it back . ^_^

Danshibai,
The quick down and dirty answer because it's a brand new keyboard is no. I would RMA it asap. See if they will charge another keyboard, to credit later once the defective keyboard is returned. These sticky keys can be manipulated so I'm told, but every time I've tried it has remained the same or gotten worse or jacked up the mounts as to make installing the key back impossible. Don't mess with a good RMA ! Oh you can try holding the keyboard upside down and blasting light blasts of air under the Z key but likely its the return spring is bad or needs to be pulled up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/221622-laptop-keyboard.html
Relevancy 38.27%

hi some keys on my laptop keyboard do not work for long periods then work for a matter of minutes so im currently using on screen keyboard below is alphabet and numbers from my internal keyboard to show what doesnt work

abcdefhjklmnpqrsuvwxyz123456789

maybe some connection im not sure with this stuff also my enter tab wont work i have no external board so im screwed please help im running vista

Relevancy 38.27%

So I have had this odd problem for a long LONG time.
Since the day I got this replacement keyboard from alienware on my 5500m laptop, certain keys do not work.
The following keys do not work:
CVXM,./

I called alienware, we reinstalled the driver, didn't change anything. THey sent me a replacement keyboard, didnt change anything.

Opinions?
Makes me think there is something wrong with the motherboard, but then again all the other keys work. Its a EXTREMELY strange problem.

Try a differant ribbon

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard.780899/
Relevancy 38.27%

Im trying to fix my mom's laptop she has a Dell Inspiron 1200. And for some reason when you type on it you get an extra letter, for example when you press 'a' you get 'as' or 'sa'. I dont know whether this could be a software problem, or just a dumb hardware thing. Anyone have an idea what the problem is? and if it's even fixable? Thanks much guys.

A:Laptop keyboard mix up

Hi!

Yes, it could be either. However, my experience with the 1200’s indicates a failing keyboard and/or a keyboard that has had something spilt on, even a little splatter of something sticky can cause this.

To eliminate a “software” issue, it would be best to boot into another OS or piece of software that will allow you to type. Even if you just download the Linux Ubuntu Live CD and boot to it. Then open Open Office and type all the letters on the keyboard to see if it still occurs.

Sorry, the Ubuntu Live CD is the 1st thing that popped into my mind for a bootable OS or program that would allow you test. I’m sure there are other programs out there that would allow you to do this too.

Thanks……………. Shane

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-mix-up.670478/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey there, hope someone can help. I plug my MS Internet keyboard(Intellitype Pro 2.1) into my IBM Thinkpad into the port labeled w/ a mouse and it doesn't work. I've tried reinstalling the software. It just doesn't work. Help! Thanks!

A:Keyboard issue w/ laptop

Please purchase a USB keyboard (they work better with Laptops, because you can plug them in and take them out with the laptop on; with PS2 connection you cannot do this)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-issue-w-laptop.112436/
Relevancy 37.84%

So my laptop's keyboard is not working properly... some keys, on a single press, writes the letter 2-3 times and some keys just dont work at all..
im not sure as to what is the problem! can you guys hel?

A:laptop keyboard problem

Attach an external keyboard. If it works properly, then the problem is the laptop keyboard (hardware); if it doesn't work properly, then the problem is software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-problem.1153924/
Relevancy 37.84%

Well I got my Asus s96j, and life has been great.

Until,

The keyboard starting getting things wrong.

When I type an o I instead get a 3. This happends with about half of the keys.

Being this is the first real laptop I have owned, I started flipping out. What if I have to send it back!!

But before I really flip out. I need to rule out a few things, of course.

1. Can someone point me in the direction of a standard windows keyboard driver? Im currently using the standard ones, but heck this might work.

2. Is there some sort of remapping program that I can use, to maybe correct this?

3. If not, can you buy new keyboard inserts for laptops?

A:Laptop keyboard is wrong.

you didnt by anychance get any type of liquid near or in the keyboard, because this happioned to my keyboard when i spilt water on it, also was there anyt phical abuse done to iit at all

does the onscrren keyboard work aswell as an external one??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard-is-wrong.53473/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi

I have a new Toshiba laptop with a keyboard problem. Where the @ sign is supposed to go, it is accessed through the " (quotation) key and visa versa.

I removed the keyboard under 'devices' and the computer found and installed the keyboard as new hardware but it still has the same problem.

Any ideas of what I should do??

Thanks!!!

Vivienne

A:New Laptop - keyboard problem

Reporting back on my own problem.

I got through to Toshiba and they told me the problem was because I set up my language in 'regional settings' as English - Canada (that is where I live) and it should be set up as English - US!! I changed it and everything is now working well!

Sorry for troubling anyone!

Vivienne

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-keyboard-problem.196628/
Relevancy 37.84%

My daughter had a plate sitting on my laptop keyboard for who knows how long before I noticed. Immediately afterwards I noted that the keyboard no longer responded when I touched any of the keys. It didn't even light up when I hit the keys like it did previously.

I've gone into Ease of Access and have tried hitting the Fn key and any number of other keys. Nothing has worked. I did get the keyboard to light up again through the ease of access link.

In the past when I held down a button for too long all I had to do was reboot in order to unfreeze the keyboard. That has not helped this time.

Please someone tell me how to fix this! I'm sure it is because of some sticky or filter key thing but I don't know how to disable whatever happened.

A:Laptop keyboard not responding

Hi RazRN,

I think it's the hardware problem. Best solution is to get a usb keyboard..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-not-responding.918661/
Relevancy 37.84%

Got a laptop running vista home, the right of the keyboard has started displaying wrong keys or nothing at all.

No signs of spillage or stickyness so can anyone make any suggestions please?

Thanx

Relevancy 37.84%

is this the right place? when you hit certain keys they come out different, like a is aq` enter doesnt work, lots more, any idea's or throw it away? need more info let me know ron

Relevancy 37.84%

When I press on certain keys like the U I O P H J K L B N M and the entire right half, I can hear the plastic shaking. Normally its suppose to be quiet just hearing the keys, but I hear like the plastic frame around the keyboard (still part of the keyboard) to be very noisy.

A:Is my laptop keyboard loose?

Oh please! Not again!

This is the third laptop you have had in 3 weeks, and we have almost lost count of the number of threads you have started such as this! (actually its 40+, but who's counting...)

Keyboards make noises.

If the laptops were made of solid metal then no flexing or noises would result. But you couldn't lift them either. They are made light because thats the way people want them. Except for you perhaps?

Perhaps you should take it back and get #4?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-laptop-keyboard-loose.275313/
Relevancy 37.84%

laptop typing ++++. no virus. no malware .seen.whats the prob?tried many things but still...I hv mic sec ess.

A:Laptop keyboard keep typing ++++ by itself

Try/borrow an USB keyboard & tell us what happens.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/laptop-keyboard-keep-typing-by-itself/19292.html
Relevancy 37.84%

My Dell Laptop keyboard will not type anything. Keys appear to work, but nothing is typed. My husband said they just stopped working.

A:Dell laptop keyboard

Welcome to the forum. Blame the old man LOL. Do the lights work etc does it work before windows starts ie can you get to the bios have you got another keyboard to test in case its just broke

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/127315-dell-laptop-keyboard.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Using a Sony Vaio Laptop, VGN-FE series, running on Windows XP Media Center w/ SP2

I joined to get a little hardware help..
About half the time I use my keyboard, the 'a', 's', 'k', 'b', '.', and '/' key wont operate.

They're not sticking, they just refuse to work. The only thing I can rationalize is a conducting issue, but like I said before: they only work about half the time. Im sure the keyboard doesn't just choose to conduct at times and stop at others.

Relevancy 37.84%

I have a strange problem with my laptop keyboard.

the laptop keyboard doesn't work, i've tried it on Seven, Vista and Ubuntu.

I can't however see no reason for it not to work, in device manager it says its connected and working fine, when i uninstall the device, it detects the device and reinstalls, not a keyboard problem as external keyboard works, so i am truly baffled.

A:Laptop keyboard problems

well you say external works but one on laptop doesn't. had anything spill on the keyboard? did it suddenly not work?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-keyboard-problems-510092.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Both my daughter and I have a problem with keyboards in that the letters fade really quickly. This isn't such a problem with a desktop, but is an issue on a laptop. Apart from naming the condition "Acid Sweat Syndrome" ( ***), has anyone else had this problem and found a solution about how to replace the letters? Tippex comes straight off. Please don't say learn to touch type!

A:Laptop keyboard faded

Sorry for posting twice. Thought the first post had failed...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-faded.637421/