Windows Support Forum

WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start....

Q: WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start....

OK so I have a new Dell XPS M notebook running vista home premium and an Intel PRO Wireless ABG and I can't connect to any start Service | AutoConfig won't WLAN Wireless start.... Windows won't wireless networks The wireless switch is booted up in the WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start.... on position I go to windows network diagnostic and it says that I need to Start Windows Wireless Service but this won't start and I'm simply told WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start.... quot Windows cannot resolve your problem quot I have found this link http www windowsbbs com showthread php t and http forums microsoft com TechNet amp wa wsignin and have attempted this technet fix and changed the reg value from to Quote regedit HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services ndisuio Change Start to quot x quot Restart but this hasn't fixed the issue Similarly I have found this link regarding Zero Configuration http www inf aber ac uk advisory faq vista and have gotten the first step done but have stalled at the the service labelled WLAN AutoConfig In Services the service's startup type is set to Automatic but Service status is quot stopped quot When I go to quot Start the Service quot it returns me with an error that Quote Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error The specified module could not be found The fact this WLAN service won't start is what I think is causing the problem I've searched round and found nothing that can fix the issue Any ideas or suggestions other than re-installing windows or restoring factory settings

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start....

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start....

Check in Device manager that your wireless card is working properly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wlan-autoconfig-wont-start-windows-wireless-service-wont-start-205417.html
Relevancy 118.73%

OK so I have a new Dell XPS M notebook running vista home premium and an Intel PRO Wireless ABG and I can't connect to any wireless networks The wireless switch is booted up in the on position I go to windows network diagnostic and start.... won't Service | AutoConfig Windows Wireless WLAN start won't it says that I need to Start Windows Wireless Service but this won't start and I'm simply told quot Windows cannot resolve your problem quot I have found this link Windows Wireless WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start.... Service - Windows BBS and vista-windows wireless service can't start - TechNet Forums and have attempted this technet fix and changed the reg value WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start.... from to regedit HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services ndisuio Change Start to quot x quot Restart but this hasn't fixed the issue Similarly I have found this link regarding Zero Configuration How do I start the Wireless Zero Configuration and have gotten the first step done but have stalled at the the service labelled WLAN AutoConfig In Services the service's startup type is set to WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start.... Automatic but Service status is quot stopped quot When I go to quot Start the Service quot it returns me with an error that Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error The specified module could not be found The fact this WLAN service won't start is what I think is causing the problem I've searched round and found nothing that can fix the issue Any ideas or suggestions other than re-installing windows or restoring factory settings

A:WLAN AutoConfig won't start | Windows Wireless Service won't start....

I have the EXACT same problem (but with a Dell M1530) and have tried the exact same thing with no success. I think I got the problem from an update Microsoft sent me. I have heard the only way to fix it is to reinstall Vista. HELP!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/115911-wlan-autoconfig-wont-start-windows-wireless-service-wont-start.html
Relevancy 101.99%

So I was disabling unnecessary services on my netbook Windows Starter bit computer following BlackViper's configuration After disabling all the unnecessary services I have been unable to connect to my internet via Wifi After experimenting I found that the WLAN AutoConfig service is the one responsible and I cannot get it to start again I get the following message quot Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot If I understand correctly I need to enable one of the other services that this one depends not Service Windows will AutoConfig Starter 7 start WLAN on Windows 7 Starter WLAN AutoConfig Service will not start to run The problem is I cannot identify which service this one needs to start back up I tried re-enabling them all and I was able to connect again But I do not want them all running only the bare necessary since this is an Windows 7 Starter WLAN AutoConfig Service will not start old and slow computer If anyone knows which service s WLAN AutoConfig depends on to run please let me know or another fix

A:Windows 7 Starter WLAN AutoConfig Service will not start

Nevermind, for future reference heres how I solved the problem:

Go to Properties in the service, you can see the Dependencies. Simply turn those services back on and I was able to get it working.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/397526-windows-7-starter-wlan-autoconfig-service-will-not-start.html
Relevancy 101.06%

*I am unable to connect to the Internet on wireless home network.
I have carried out the following:

'Click Start, type services.msc, then press Enter.
Scroll down to "WLAN AutoConfig" and right click on it and select Properties. Set it to Automatic and not Disabled, and press the Start button, then click OK.
That should start the service.'

I received the following message:

"Windows could not start Wired AutoConfig Service on local computer.
Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

Please help. I am not able to start Internet as a result cannot do any thing.

A:Windows cannot start the WLAN Autoconfig service on local computer

Hi Rmalik and welcome to the forums,

Here is a link that will take you to one of the Microsoft fix it pages. Follow the instructions and it should get you fixed up.

"Error 1068" Error Message When You Try to Turn On Internet Connection Sharing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246191-windows-cannot-start-wlan-autoconfig-service-local-computer.html
Relevancy 101.06%

OK let's see what's up Yesterday I woke up and suddenly my wifi wasn't showing any networks and my wifi manager on 'Windows Local not WLAN the could Computer service start autoconfig kept crashing I have a Samsung RV and for the year or so that I've had it there has never been this problem Following instructions I found online I've done just about everything but everytime I try 'Windows could not start the WLAN autoconfig service on Local Computer and start up the autoconfig service in 'services' I get error The dependency service or group failed to start I found this post on this forum wireless service can't start I did all the things mentioned including downloading the reg files again from the link given in the thread but to no avail I even went to the drastic measure of deleting my wifi and lan drives from the network adapters part of Device Manager and downloaded two from the Samsung website The computer is exactly how it was 'Windows could not start the WLAN autoconfig service on Local Computer though my LAN remains intact while wifi is just the same I've run virus scans I've had Avast since November run wise doctor to fix registry and used SuperAntiSpyware to remove any spyware it found Overall I spent almost hours trying to sort this yesterday and I'm at my wit's end Any help would be greatly appreciated Also even though the LAN works from my downloaded drivers is it possible I have the wrong one for my wifi Or are they somewhat interchangeable

A:'Windows could not start the WLAN autoconfig service on Local Computer

Maybe your WiFi card has failed. It can happen.
Does Samsung have a hardware diagnostic program you can run.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/257756-windows-could-not-start-wlan-autoconfig-service-local-computer.html
Relevancy 101.06%

I need some help to get my wireless connection to work again After recent Windows Update my wireless connection no longer works I've done some troubleshooting and I have ruled out my ISP cable modem and router leaving the issue to be something within the computer Dell laptop - Inspiron The wired connection works fineWhen I run Windows Network Diagnosis it tells me that the Windows on not the service Computer WLAN start Local AutoConfig Windows could Wireless Service is not running see attached pdf report When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service i get an error message that says quot Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error xc quot see attached When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service from the command prompt as Admin I get a slightly different message that says quot The WLAN AutoConfig service is starting The WLAN AutoConfig service could not be started A system error has Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer occurred System error has occurred is not a valid Win application quot see Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer attached I've downloaded the latest Intell PROset Wireless drivers from Dell V for the Wireless-N wireless network adapter and have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers This didn't help I've attached some screenshots and a pdf Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer copy of the Windows Network Diagnostics report Wi-Fi Troubleshooting Report pdf

A:Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer

Hi, welcome to Tenforums.
Wlansvc only runs if:
a. ethernet is not active/connected
b. Wifi is active

Presumably since you have used this you have
a. Enabled Wifi e.g. via the tile in the Action Centre
b. ensured you are not in airplane mode
c. pressed your Wifi button to switch it on
d. your Wifi is enabled on your router.

Now a number of people have reported problems post 1511 as you probably know.
E.g.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...7-538556dd08a3

I also noted this comment:
Windows 10 update 1511 removes TLS 1.0 authentication from Windows. You have to use TLS 1.2.
from
Windows 10 version 1511, no longer able to connect to Enterprise WiFi

Atheros 9000 series cards seem to be problematic with 1511.

Please add your Wifi card type to your system specs.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35474-windows-could-not-start-wlan-autoconfig-service-local-computer.html
Relevancy 96.1%

I wiped the stupid Windows 7 Starter that came with my netbook and installed Windows 7 Professional and ever since the WLAN Autoconfig Service refuses to start on boot despite it being set to Automatic. It also won't start manually either through "services.msc" or "net start". The only way I can start it is to run the troubleshooter and let it start WLAN Autoconfig, but half the time I get an error stating the troubleshooter failed to start, and I have to try multiple times or go into the Network and Sharing Center and run the troubleshooter as an administrator (which still sometimes gives the same error). I checked and made sure every service listed as a dependency for WLAN Autoconfig is set to automatic (I changed one from manual), which didn't help.

Tech Specs:
Asus Eee PC 1005HA-P
Windows 7 Professional (32-bit)
Intel Atom N280 1.66GHz
Atheros AR9285 Wireless NIC

A:WLAN Autoconfig Service won't start automatically

What is the actual error number? Have you reviewed the error logs yet? Have you tried any of the solutions listed on google if you search for "wlan autoconfig service failed to start"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/67170-wlan-autoconfig-service-wont-start-automatically.html
Relevancy 94.24%

WLAN AutoConfig service gives error 1067 when trying to start it.

What I've tried:

Reset winsock settings
Ran SFC /scannow
Did system restore
Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers

I tried all of these in normal mode AND in safe mode. None of it worked.

Then i thought the service dll (C:\Windows\system32\wlansvc.dll) itself might have been damaged/outdated, so I decided to delete it and put a new one from donor pc. NOPE.
It wouldn't give me access to the file. No matter what i tried, safe mode, unlocker tools, auto rename it on startup, doing everything in administrator or even messing with permissions under file properties. It just wouldn't give me access to the file.

Wi-Fi was working smoothly few days ago and i literally have no idea why it stopped working.

Specs:

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
Sony VAIO VGN-SZ340P
3945ABG Wi-Fi card
Any idea how to fix it? Thanks in advance

A:WLAN AutoConfig service doesn't start, error 1067

Extensible Authentication Protocol (service) is running or can be started?
CNG Key Isolation Service is running or can be started?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/276807-wlan-autoconfig-service-doesnt-start-error-1067-a.html
Relevancy 84.01%

(Vista)
have a Dell wireless WLAN UTILITY
Changed NDISUIO value from 2 to 3 .....problem remains
ran check disk utility...............no problems found
ran full virus scan........no virus detected
I can connect using LAN cable not problem at all
all else is ok with O/S....
Common problem but what is resolution...
PLEASE HELP...SOS

Relevancy 81.84%

Hello I have been using windows pro for a while All of the sudden lately my wifi just stopped working and windows can no longer find my wifi adapter and therefore has switched my latptop to Airplane mode with no possibility of disabling it I tried some of the fix out there but with no solution However this is where the problem seems to be In my wlan report i have this WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network AND This a wireless connect network AutoConfig failed service WLAN to to is my full wlan report How to make windows recognize my wifi adapter again Code Top Wlan Report Summary The driver disconnected while associating Thu Nov GMT Greenwich Standard Time Connection mode Automatic connection with a profile Profile UseFaithGroup SSID UseFaithGroup Report Info WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network Report created - - T Z Report duration days General System Info ComputerName MAX System Manufacturer TOSHIBA System Product Name Satellite P BIOS Date BIOS Version OS Build amd fre rs release inmarket - Machine Id BBD C- F- A- E B-AD DF AA MDM joined False User Info Username Max User Domain MAX User DNS Domain Unknown Network Adapters Device WAN Miniport PPPOE PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS PPPOEMINIPORT Guid C A -CDC - E - E - A CD FA C Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport PPTP PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS PPTPMINIPORT Guid AE -E C - C-AD - ADA EACE Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport IKEv PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS AGILEVPNMINIPORT Guid B - AA - D E- B D- A A Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller PNP ID PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS FC amp REV amp A amp amp E Guid EB E - A E- -BBC - A B A B Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device Microsoft ISATAP Adapter PNP ID SWD IP TUNNEL VBUS ISATAP Guid D EDFA- A- AE -AE A-F E B Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter PNP ID ROOT KDNIC Guid B - - - AD - ACAB Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x b Device RAS Async Adapter PNP ID SW EEAB -C - D -B B- FC E ASYNCMAC Guid CB E D -C A - EA - -FEBF ACFE Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport Network Monitor PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS NDISWANBH Guid B C -E BA- C C-AFEE-EBAD FD E B Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport IP PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS NDISWANIP Guid F ADDB- B D- B-A D- A D E Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport SSTP PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS SSTPMINIPORT Guid BE E B- - B - -CB D B D Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport IPv PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS NDISWANIPV Guid B - F - F- A - B B BE Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device WAN Miniport L TP PNP ID SWD MSRRAS MS L TPMINIPORT Guid EBB DA - FC- A- B -B F C Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Device HUAWEI Mobile Connect - G Network Card PNP ID USB VID D amp PID C amp MI amp CD AF amp amp Guid D F - B - EE -A E- C E E Current driver version Driver date - - DevNode flags x a Script Output Output for 'ipconfig all' Windows IP Configuration Host Name Max Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D F - B - EE -A E- C E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Mobile Broadband adapter Cellular Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description HUAWEI Mobile Connect - G Network Card Physical Address - E- - F- F-DC DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/69562-wlan-autoconfig-service-failed-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 81.53%

Hello,

my wireless network has recently failed. router and usb adapter check out as OK. WLAN Autoconfig service status is 'Stopped'. Trying to start it gives an error message of "Error code 0xc00ce558: 0xc00ce558". The event viewer records the following "WLAN AutoConfig service has failed to start.Error Code: 3222070616". With a direct cable connection, network connection is OK.

I have found very little to help regarding these error messages and the few suggestions that have working in other similar cases have not worked for me! I am concerned I may have to re-install the OS, or that there is a problem with the motherboard.

I have an HP Pavilion slimline S3130.uk running Vista Home Premium with SP1.

Does anyone have any answers?

Here's hoping!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-autoconfig-wont-start.791530/
Relevancy 81.53%

I have an Acer Aspire z laptop running Windows Home I've had the computer for over a year and have not had any problems Suddenly my wireless connection stopped working My wireless light was on I even turned it off and back on to see if that would do anything My Network and Sharing center told me the Windows wireless service was not started When I went into services it showed that WLAN Autoconfig was set to start automatically but it showed that it was not started When I selected to start it I got this message quot Windows could not start the WLAN Autoconfig service Error xc quot I checked Device Manager and I did not see anything that looked like a wireless adapter I checked my work laptop to see what that would look like I had adpaters showing A Broadcom Network Adapter and an Atheros AR PCI Ethernet Controller I ran both a won't WLAN start Autoconfig virus scan and sfc scannow WLAN Autoconfig won't start The last one did find corrupt files A few that it was not able to fix like MSOERT dll I manually copied from my work laptop that is also running Win I tried a USB wirless adapter from Linksys thinking that perhaps the internal wireless adapter was malfunctioning That is recognized by my computer but the WLAN service is still not functioning I can get on the internet with a hard wire At this point I don't know what else to try other than upgrading to Win Pro My laptop came pre-installed with Windows and I never created a restore CD Any help will be greatly appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wlan-autoconfig-wont-start-623203.html
Relevancy 80.6%

Hi all,
My laptop was workking all fine before. Actually I use my Desktop PC all the time, so I use my laptop just when I need a different operating system or when I go away from home.

So, I tried to search for wireless networks, but didn't come up with any results. Then I clicked "diagnose why windows cannot find any additional networks" it says "windows wireless service is not running on this computer". I click "start windows wireless service" and after about 1-2 seconds it says "windows cannot resolve this problem". I tried going to control panel > administrative tools > services and I try to start the Wlan service I get this:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6497/hata2n.jpg

What may be the problem and solution? thanx!

Relevancy 110.51%

I am not able to connect to my Wireless Network When tried to connect it just shows 'Cannot connect 'I have the Intel WiFiLink adapter with the latest driver for Windows Enterprise services AutoConfig and WLAN start Unable EAP to bit installed The laptop doesn't have a wireless connection manager and I am trying Unable to start WLAN AutoConfig and EAP services to connect using the Windows Wireless Connection Manager I checked in Services and found that WLAN AutoConfig and Extensible Authentication Unable to start WLAN AutoConfig and EAP services Protocol services are not running When I tried to start WLAN AutoConfig service I get the following error Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start When I tried to start Extensible Authentication Protocol service I get this error Windows could not start the Extensible Authentication Protocol service on Local Computer Error The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely manner I have found that Unable to start WLAN AutoConfig and EAP services all the dependent services for EAP are running And all the dependent services for WLAN AutoConfig are running except EAP service I have madly searched the internet for solution before posting here Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Unable to start WLAN AutoConfig and EAP services

Hi,

This issue can occur if the service is corrupted. Please perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Access the link below to download the EAP.txt file:

http://cid-6df3bca839e981ef.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/EAP.txt ;

2. Rename the EAP.txt file to EAP.reg file.

3. Click Start, input "REGEDIT" (without quotation marks) in the open box and press Enter. Please click Yes.

4. Expand to Computer key, Click "File" menu and click "Export".

5. Please name the file as "RegBackup" (without quotation marks) and then save it to the C:\ drive as a backup.

Note: In case we need to undo the modification, we can double click this RegBackup.reg file to restore the registry key.

6. Double click the EAP.reg file and Click Yes to import it to the computer.

Then, please verify the following services again: Extensible Authentication Protocol, CNG Key Isolation

If the issue persists, you may perform an In-place Upgrade to repair the system.

1. Start the computer by using the current Operating System.
2. Insert the Windows 7 DVD in the computer's DVD drive.
3. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:

If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears. Click Install now.
If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:

a. Click the Start Button, type Drive:\setup.exe in the start search box and then click OK.

Note: Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.

b. Click Install now.

4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows 7.

Thanks,
Novak

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f9b835f2-c2da-43b9-883f-2b2a157c3921/unable-to-start-wlan-autoconfig-and-eap-services?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 107.5%

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to advise me on a fix for a problem I'm having with my WLAN Autoconfig, windows keeps telling me that the service isn't running - I've noticed when I run Services.msc that it's usually not on, so I start it up which seemed to have solved the problem yesterday but today - not so much...

So now it's not showing visible wireless networks (all working fine on the network with other pc's on xp), doesn't seem to respond to going into flight mode etc.

All drivers are up to date for the laptop (it's probably only a couple of months old).

If there's any particular information you need just let me know and I'll get it right over to you.

Thanks in advance!

A:WLAN Autoconfig Service not running - Windows 8

EDIT: Thought I had it working but same error again now - but I've noticed when it did briefly start up again another problem, all the other computers (running on trusty xp) are connected no problems with the internet, whereas the Wifi on my laptop has discovered the Wifi, but only as a local connection (triangle logo with squares in each corner)

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/38984-wlan-autoconfig-service-not-running-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 103.2%

!!! LOOK, WARNING, WATCH OUT, HEY YOU !!!! WARNING: Event ID 4001, WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped. The operative word there being "successfully ", and the stupidity on a Microsoft Developers part being; if it's stopped successfully they why the ____ does it mess up my event log with a warning flag? I get fed up of this garbage. Isn't this why Vista failed so badly? You'd think Microsoft would learn.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8e71fa0d-8547-45c4-9fb1-39046dce2757/stupid-windows-7-event-id-4001-wlan-autoconfig-service-has-successfully-stopped?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 98.9%

Good evening,

This is actually a follow-up to a previous post (http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/202490-can-i-disable-my-wireless-network-connection.html) I had in this forum but since I marked that one 'solved' I figured it would be best to start a new thread.

In that thread I was told that since I didn't have any kind of network in my house (I only have one computer) it would be okay to
disable my Wireless Network Connection -- 802.11n Wireless LAN Card.

I did this and now I notice in my Event Viewer under Custom View > Administrative Events there is an error saying: WLAN Autoconfig Service has successfully stopped.

I am curious if this service is connected with my now 'disabled' 802.11n Wireless Lan Card? If so, would there be any problem with 'stopping' it in Services since the Wireless Lan Card is already disabled too?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

A:Can I stop the 'WLAN Autoconfig Service'

Hello,

If you are not using your Wi-Fi adapter at all, it is safe to stop the WLAN Autoconfig Service. If you are using a wireless manager software and you are using your Wi-Fi adapter you must stop the WLAN Auto config service bec. they will conflict and will cause an issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/202665-can-i-stop-wlan-autoconfig-service.html
Relevancy 98.04%

OK, how about the above message, then.  Wlan AutoConfig has successfully stopped. It shows as a warning in Event Viewer.

My wifi mouse and keyboard have started to shut down periodically after running perfectly well for at least the last 6 months. Could this Event Viewer warning have anything to do with my wifi devices problem?

A:"WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped "

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618486/wlan-autoconfig-service-has-successfully-stopped/
Relevancy 98.04%

My laptop was running fine but I had a lot of backdated Microsoft Updates that I had not installed I just installed all the important updates and now I cannot connect to any wireless networks When I select Network Connections from the system tray only my wired connection shows No Wireless networks are listed In Control Panel my Wi-Fi connection Intel Centrino Wireless-N shows as Not Connected Selecting Properties Configure General Installed after Updates run Service AutoConfig won't WLAN shows the Device is working properly and the Driver Version is the most up-to-date Right Click and Connect again just shows my wired connection and does not detect any Wireless networks Right Click and Diagnose gives quot The Windows Wireless Service is not running on this computer quot Run Repairs as Administrator gives the same message with Not Fixed Running Services msc shows WLAN AutoConfig is set up to run automatically but is not actually running Trying to start the service manually in the services window gives Error xc and it doesn't run As I said everything was working fine until I installed all the Windows WLAN AutoConfig Service won't run after Updates Installed Updates from the Microsoft Updates window My wired connection works fine but I just cannot get WLAN AutoConfig to run and so my wi-fi connection won't work Any advice greatly received Many thanks George

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/74866-wlan-autoconfig-service-wont-run-after-updates-installed.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I only installed my DIR-635 router just yesterday, and today i found out what a pain the lagspike-per-60 second thing was that the WLAN Autoconfig service causes when it searches.
I was messing around with a fix and when i disabled the service i had no idea that i wouldn't be able to connect to my wireless anymore after i re-enabled it.
So yeah, that's what happened. I disabled the service, then tried to connect to my wireless network again but i cannot, even though it shows up in my detected networks.

I spend hours googling for a solution, it seems many people have the can-see-network, but-cant-connect problem. Just noone that got it in this particular way. Could someone please help me get my connection back?

Relevancy 92.02%

Hey I am running Vista Ultimate and my laptop is a HP Pavilion dv tx My laptop can Connect Solved: isatap, to Cannot Wireless; AutoConfig WLAN no longer connect to wireless The wireless switch is on It is not detecting any wireless signals Even though there is definately one this laptop is connected it it In Device Manager under Network Solved: Cannot Connect to Wireless; isatap, WLAN AutoConfig adapters isatap is not working correctly quot This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this decice Code quot Microsoft however says that this is an ignorable issue http social technet microsoft com - a a dae Also under services WLAN AutoConfig has the Serveice status quot Stopped quot I have tired to start it but it comes up with an error message quot Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error The process termitated unexpectedly quot I have updated the BIOS and network adaptor drivers also I have also tried system restore I have tried disabling IPV aswell Any ideas Thanks Mike nbsp

Relevancy 88.15%

Hi,
I've been using the Hostednetwork from the netsh wlan commands for a long time . Now I've got a Intel Galileo Gen2 with a linux system running on it, but when I tried to access the hostednetwork from it, it returned with an error that the DHCP server doesn't
response. So I had a look at the "ipconfig -all" in cmd, it says that the DHCP service of "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter" is disabled. I don't know how to enable it.
BTW, my phone works well with the hostednetwork, and my computer's wireless card is working well and its DHCP service is enabled.
Any help?
THANKS

A:Unable to start DHCP Service for the Hostednetwork from netsh wlan

Hi Rabbit.Chaser,
Are you working with a hostednetwork (netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=YourVirtualNetworkName  key=YourNetworkPassword)on a Windows 7 machine and you want to connect to the hostednetwork from a Linux system? Can we connect to the hostednetwork
from the Linux system before?
Have you tried to restart the hostednetwork?
To restart the hostednetwork:
"netsh wlan stop hostednetwork"
"netsh wlan stop hostednetwork".
If the issue persists, we could try to recreate the hostednetwork to have a check.
Considering the other devices worked well with the hostednetwork, I suspect there may be a compatibility issue here. We could try to ask for help from the Linux Forum.
Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact [email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/34796ddc-2d7a-4e10-ac1a-79049b226145/unable-to-start-dhcp-service-for-the-hostednetwork-from-netsh-wlan?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 86.43%

I have an hp laptop running vista business os when trying to start services wlan zero configuration I get an error 1068 service can't be started need help fixing this error

A:vista business edition error 1068 can't start wlan zero configuration service

Try this link http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-error-1068-when-starting-wzc-94273.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433758/vista-business-edition-error-1068-cant-start-wlan-zero-configuration-service/
Relevancy 86%

I have tried a fix, turning the automatic WLAN config on using the services.msc application, but it causes the machine to become very unstable and doesn't fix the wireless problem.

It gives me a random 0x00 something or other error message when I try to start the service manually through services.msc, or just says "Windows Wireless Service will not start" -- any advice from anyone?

Much appreciated, Armand

A:Windows Vista wireless service will not start

As of yesterday I have exactly the same problem. I can't be of any help, I'm trying drivers from my HP website, but I'm almost certain it's not the devices fault. Something this sinister can only be caused by VISTA.

Hopefully someone who has figured this issue out SHORT OF REINSTALLING WINDOWS can advise!?!?!?!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-wireless-service-will-not-start-183006.html
Relevancy 86%

Hey I download the Geek Squad CD thing and I kinda didnt know what I was doing
Anyways I did some stuff and now Everytime I re start my Comp, In order to get my Internet Working I have to Repair and Then I have to choose Run Windows Wireless Service
I am running Vista
Could you please help me So I dont have to Press Diagnose and Repair Everytime I start my Comp.
Its really annoying.
Thanks In Advnace.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-wireless-service-wont-start-182955.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I had a couple viruses, removed them with a few different software applications. But not before my wireless internet connection had stopped. See the sequence in the attachment for the messages I'm getting.

Windows says "identifying the problem", then "the Windows Wireless Service is not running on this computer", then when I click "Start Windows Wireless Service" it says "Windows cannot resolve the problem".

I've tried starting the service (Wlan Autoconfig), but i get "error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start".

I've seen the question asked before in other forums, but with no answer. The OP ended up doing a format/reinstall, which I'd rather not do.

Wired connection still works. I've tried two different wireless adapters, both with new and old drivers-- no good.

Relevancy 82.13%

First let me start with laptop specs Acer Inspire V V - T- Intel Core i - U GHz Intel HD Graphics GB DDR L Memory GB SSD Running fully up-to-date version of windows with no additional software It seems that whenever Cortana is enabled I Menu Windows Cortana Service, & disables Adapter, Start Audio Wireless cannot use Cortana disables Windows Audio Service, Wireless Adapter, & Start Menu the microphone or speakers because the windows audio srevice turns itself off As well as some wireless networking and start menu task bar issues whcih I will explain in detail here I have experimented with cortana being off and restarting the laptop and it works flawlessly If i enable cortana I will immediately get a red x next to the speaker logo in the taskbar and i get the error message quot The Audio Service is not Running quot I go ahead and open up services msc and can see that the audio service is set to automatic but is not running I restart the audio service yet I still cannot access cortana After a few minutes the red x will appear again signifying that the audio service has stopped again Once this happens I no longer have access to the start menu or the taskbar none of the icons can be clicked on or selected At this point my wireless icon in the taskbar will goa way and the symbol for a hardwired connection will come back on Even putting the laptop into airplane mode and back off again my wireless adapter will not become active To gain access again to the start menu I have to use the windows key on the keyboard to quot unfreeze quot the start menu taskbar At this point I can access cortana settings and turn it off After this I reset the wireless adapter and restart the audio service and voila The laptop functions normally again and has not yet switched off the audio service or locked any start menu functions The laptop however does need to be reset without cortana on to Cortana disables Windows Audio Service, Wireless Adapter, & Start Menu be able to connect to a wireless network It truly appears that cortana is the root of the problems that I am experiencing I honestly do not plan on using cortana but as a function that comes with my laptop I would like to know how I can still be able to use this feature Anyone else experiencing a problem such as this If i have to render the laptop as a fault on arrival I have no problem returning it for a new one but figured i'd give it a shot at diagnosing it further before I need to do that Please let me know if I need to supply any further information thank you for taking the time to read this

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/48885-cortana-disables-windows-audio-service-wireless-adapter-start-menu.html
Relevancy 82.13%

First let me start with laptop specs Acer Inspire V V - T- Intel Core i - U GHz Intel HD Graphics GB DDR L Memory GB SSD Running fully up-to-date version of windows with no additional software It seems that whenever Cortana is enabled I cannot use the microphone or speakers because the windows audio srevice turns itself off As well as some wireless networking Wireless Adapter, Start Cortana & Windows disables Menu Audio Service, and start menu task bar issues whcih I will explain in detail here I have experimented with cortana being off and restarting the laptop and it works flawlessly If i enable cortana I will immediately get Cortana disables Windows Audio Service, Wireless Adapter, & Start Menu a red x next to the speaker logo in the taskbar and i get the error message quot The Audio Service is not Running quot I go ahead and open up services msc and can see that the audio service is set to automatic but is not running I restart the audio service yet I still cannot access cortana After a few minutes the red x will appear again signifying that the audio service has stopped again Once this happens I no longer have access to the start menu or the taskbar none of the icons can be clicked on or selected At this point my wireless icon in the taskbar will goa way and the symbol for a hardwired connection will come back on Even putting the laptop into airplane mode and back off again my wireless adapter will not become active To gain access again to the start menu I have to use the windows key on the keyboard to quot unfreeze quot the start menu taskbar At this point I can access cortana settings and turn it off After this I reset the wireless adapter and restart the audio service and voila The laptop functions normally again and has not yet switched off the audio service or locked any start menu functions The laptop however does need to be reset without cortana on to be able to connect to a wireless network It truly appears that cortana is the root of the problems that I am experiencing I honestly do not plan on using cortana but as a function that comes with my laptop I would like to know how I can still be able to use this feature Anyone else experiencing a problem such as this If i have to render the laptop as a fault on arrival I have no problem returning it for a new one but figured i'd give it a shot at diagnosing it further before I need to do that Please let me know if I need to supply any further information thank you for taking the time to read this

A:Cortana disables Windows Audio Service, Wireless Adapter, & Start Menu

Hi, never seen this reported; I gather this is a new laptop, with nothing installed.

Assuming you have not configured settings in some strange manner or been infected, there's little to go on.

Your first port of call is definitely your supplier. (Mine is good- technically quick and competent- they did a remote session recently to discover what they believed could be achieved could no longer on this model!).

Given it's a brand new configuration, you could try completely formatting your disk and reinstalling Windows, but I would not do that before contacting your supplier.

You may also have a recovery partition which allows you to reset it to ex-factory condition.

Noted you have posted this here:
Fix Cortana disables Windows Audio Service, Wireless Adapter, Start Menu
Cortana disables Windows Audio Service, Wireless A... - Acer Community - 430298

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/48885-cortana-disables-windows-audio-service-wireless-adapter-start-menu.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Major network problems Been scouring the web for the NativeWifi Filter drivers for windows Cannot start my WLAN to error auto unable install/start Filter WLAN NativeWifi cannot config start - 1068. Auto Config WLAN auto config cannot start - error 1068. NativeWifi Filter unable to install/start Service due to NativeWifi Filter not installed WLAN auto config cannot start - error 1068. NativeWifi Filter unable to install/start unable to start It keeps giving me an error saying that it doesn't exist so I restarted and now it's not even listed in the non plug-and-play section in device manager with hidden devices shown had no problem starting up NDIS Usermode I O Portal as per advice in other threads where it is stated to start BOTH NDIS Usermode etc AND NativeWifi Filter But mine has somehow disappeared from the list and would not start before that point It was a code IIRC quot The device is not present is nor not working properly or does not have all its drivers installed quot - pulled that from another service that does not work Qos Packet Scheduler is also not functioning where I got the error from which is the same as I WAS getting with NativeWifi Filter If anyone has the drivers to either of these that would be greatly appreciated as I cannot use the net on my computer so am using my brothers for anything internet related atm Cheers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wlan-auto-config-cannot-start-error-1068-nativewifi-filter-unable-to-install-start-472239.html
Relevancy 79.55%

hello, recently i booted my computer only discover that windows wireless service wasnt running, immediately i turned on my laptop to search around on google for a few hours,
so i went to my services, tried to start wlan autoconfig and it simply wont start and i get error 1747.
i have checked that the dependencies are running but am not so sure about nativewifi filter or the ndis usermode i\o protocol.
ive also check the value of h_key_local_machine\system\currentcontrollset\services\ndisuio\start and it is 3
if someone could help me to resolve this problem i'd really appreciate it.

thanks for you time,
Wyatt

Relevancy 77.83%

Hi!
My wireless stopped working, I'm with win7 x64.
1. I go to services, try to start WLAN AutoConfig but Error 1068 appear - "Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."
2. I read some forums and went to regedit.exe>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>CurrentControlSet>services>Ndisuio
and my "Start" value is 3, not 4, it should me OK but it's not.
3. I've also run "sfc/scannow" from cmd, and no errors.
Nothing helps...
Please if someone has ant clue how to fix this help me!

A:wireless service can't start

I've just fount out that some services are missing, how can I put them back on the list and start them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/182009-wireless-service-cant-start.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello, i heard this is the place to go for some help Well anyone get down to it.

Ok to start were things went bad i ran my adware program for the first time in probaly 2 months so it found a bunch of crap. Well anyways i restarted pc after even though it didnt ask me to i always do.
After it booted to desktop the internet was not working at all not even showing any possible netowrks. I jumped on the situation fast hoping to find a good fix poeple were tring changing regedit setting i tried all that i keep geting the error 1068 when trying to start Wlan Autoconfig it is disabled for some reason somone please help me! I am running vist 64bit prem wireless connection oh and also tried netsh winsock reset but no luck.

A:WLAN Autoconfig help!

Also the RPC remote procedure call is disabled and when i try and enable it says erro3 path not valid?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wlan-autoconfig-help-450533.html
Relevancy 77.83%

So, today after windows forcefully updated my pc to 8.1 from 8, my wireless doesnt work anymore. I went to services and WLAN autoconfig says its stopping but it wont stop. I tried to change the settings from automatic to disabled but it stays at "stopping" either way.

A:WLAN Autoconfig

Nevermind, I fixed it by setting it to disabled, rebooting and then starting it up again.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/56769-wlan-autoconfig.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey been running Vista X64 fine on a few machines, just put it on another machine and Wireless lan wouldn't work. It seems that the WLAN Autoconfig service is -missing- every other service is there except that. Is there any way to install services or more specifically that service? Thanks in advance.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/131376-wlan-autoconfig-not-present.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Running Visa HOME BASIC (SP1) 32-bit OS, 1 GB RAM 1.So far I have run clean virus scans with Eset and Malwarbytes. All clean, but cannot connect to Wirless Internet. 2.Connected direct to modem, Computer freezes and Mini Dumps.3. Started in Safe Mode>Services>WLAN AutoConfig>Properties>Start. Result <b>"Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig Services on Local Computer. Error 0xc00ce508: 0xc00ce508" </b>4. Checked Regedit. Created "<b>ArpRetryCount REG_DWORD Value 0x000000000 (0)</b>"5. Run> sfc /Scannow >100% Complete, Some Files Could not be repaired.6. Result of scan from Windows\logs\CBS (Below Link) :http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3f1d990...2db6fb9a8902bda Can someone please help me out? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265624/wlan-autoconfig-error/
Relevancy 76.97%

I am running a Dell Precision M with Windows Pro Service Pack and my Wireless LAN connection keeps disconnecting The wireless adapter is an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC I only have one wireless network in range and it is set to a Security Type WPA- Personal and an Encryption Type AES My PC is set-up to Auto Connect to my network so every time it disconnects Events WLAN-AutoConfig it reconnects very quickly but if I am connected to a VPN it will generally knock me out of that connection I have been using Event Viewer to WLAN-AutoConfig Events log WLAN-AutoConfig Operational and the following is a short section of the log that includes the disconnect PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp nbsp AcmConnection PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp nbsp AcmConnection PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmAssociation PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmAssociation PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp nbsp AcmConnection PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity PM nbsp WLAN-AutoConfig nbsp MsmSecurity The ID message description is Wireless Security Stopped The ID message description is Wireless Security Started The ID message description is Wireless Security Succeeded I run for minutes to hours with these three messages continually showing up in the log with no apparent fixed time cycle and then when I get a disconnect from the wireless network it logs an ID message WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully disconnected from a wireless network which is when I get an alert that my Wireless Network is disconnected That is followed by an ID message WLAN AutoConfig service started a connection to a wireless network nbsp from my llowed quickly by and within the next second I see ID Wireless network association started ID Wireless security started ID Wireless network association succeeded ID Wireless security succeeded and finally ID WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully connected to a wireless network nbsp On a rare occasion I will get and ID message Wireless security failed just before the ID message I have two questions The first is why would my Wireless Security stop so often The second on is is there a setting that will stop this from happening Ontheroadagain

A:WLAN-AutoConfig Events

Hi,
Let?s test in clean boot mode to check if this issue still exists. I suspect this is related to some sort of background applications.
How to perform a clean boot in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-usAlex Zhao
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2ab6d265-1ddd-44fc-be53-4dd28ae23623/wlanautoconfig-events?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello,

I get this error in Event Viewer, each time I shut-down my computer:

WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped.

Help is greatly appreciated.

A:WLAN AutoConfig At Shutdown

Why is this causing an issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/351809-wlan-autoconfig-shutdown.html
Relevancy 76.97%

EventVwr gt Applications and Services gt Microsoft gt Windows gt WLAN-AutoConfig My computer seemed slow and I noticed messages in the event log lots and lots of messages i have redacted a few values below Wireless security failed Network Adapter Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N Interface GUID e - e Why is screaming? WLAN-AutoConfig - -abde- d fc a Local MAC Address lt redacted gt Why is WLAN-AutoConfig screaming? Network SSID lt redacted gt BSS Type Infrastructure Peer MAC Address lt redacted gt Reason Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time Error x Now I have no idea what it is doing nor why it is referring to Wireless when I am not connected on wireless I tried disabling the adapter and that stopped the incessant screaming multiple log events per minute What's it trying to do Why did it suddenly start doing this today I have not made any recent changes to this computer so this confounds me not that this should confound me less than anything else

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/389881-why-wlan-autoconfig-screaming.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi.

When I logged on I used to get a message to say WLAN was on, it doesn't appear anymore.

In the event viewer I get warning signs to say 'WLAN extenstibility module has stopped'.

If I go to services it says 'WLAN Autoconfig' is started - set to automatic.

I have tried a couple of other things but for the life of me I just can't remember what they are!

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice, please?

A:WLAN-AutoConfig Error Message

Hi micetapdance,

We can try the following troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue:

1. Uninstall the Wireless drivers from the computer and restart the computer, please refer to the following link to uninstall the drivers: Uninstall or Change a Program
2. Download and install the latest drivers from vendor?s website.
3. If issue persists, run the built-in diagnostics provided by the manufacturer on the computer to check if the hardware is working fine.

Please post the results.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/299039-wlan-autoconfig-error-message.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I m running Windows Vista and recently I ve been having some problems Earlier today I recieved an error message numerous times that said quot The driver detected a controller error on Device Ide IdePort quot So I ran a disk check but after it completed and restarted the internet wouldn t work and no has WLAN AutoConfig stopped working networks could be found Also I noticed that my computer has been running kind of slow and Windows Explorer sometimes freezes so I have no idea what the deal WLAN AutoConfig has stopped working is Now I keep getting the message quot WLAN AutoConfig has stopped working quot and everytime I try to get it to run again that same message pops up for some reason The slow computer freezing exactly coincides with this problem too I have no idea if the controller error and the WLAN error have anything to do with each other but they have both only recently started happening In Event Manager the last thing I could find that happened before the WLAN error was this message quot Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - quot Now it seems that this could be the problem but how would I go about fixing any of this Thanks Dave nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-autoconfig-has-stopped-working.697483/
Relevancy 76.11%

Two days ago I started having problems with my Intel Wireless AC Suddenly the internetconnection would dissapear but it was still conected to the router asus rt-ac u I rebooted my laptop msi gs stealth pro pe and after that he couldn't even find my wireless card I tried updating the driver the new driver on intel's site as well as the old win driver on msi's site Nothing helped I used a restorepoint and after that it worked for a while but it disconnected again I seached through the event viewer and found this error WLAN AutoConfig detected limit connectivity WLAN error 4003 Autoconfig performing Reset Recover adapter Code lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig quot Guid quot D DD- - - -D BE D D DE quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version WLAN Autoconfig error 4003 gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt WLAN Autoconfig error 4003 lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt DESKTOP-PTHUP O lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt lt WLAN Autoconfig error 4003 Data gt lt Data Name quot Reason quot gt xdeaddeed lt Data gt lt Data Name quot IpFamily quot gt xeeec lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PortType quot gt x lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt I think the wifi disconnected because of the power savings and i want to disable it on the device manager but it has to show up first Thank you in advance for helping

A:WLAN Autoconfig error 4003

Try removing all the current drivers for both the Intel Bluetooth and the Intel Wireless AC ... in your Device Manager screenshot, it looks like the Bluetooth is waiting for a driver install. The Bluetooth & AC are on the same little card. You'll probably want the latest Windows 10 compatible version -- the download usually holds the drivers for both. You might have to look in on "Programs & Features" in Control Panel to remove the Intel Wireless drivers & software, if they are currently missing from Device Manager.

You can also check to see if your MSI PC has an overly zealous power-saving utility. Windows 10's default settings aren't that Draconian that the wireless is powered down much. But some manufacturer's have handy-dandy power saving utilities ... these can cause trouble, especially if they weren't designed for Windows 10. If you have such a utility running on your PC, dive into its help files a bit, and see if it effects wireless power settings. Windows 10's power settings are easy to find: right-click the Start menu icon & select Power Options.... to get down to particular device settings, you have to dig into the advanced settings.

Let us know if this doesn't help

P.S. .... late edit: tell you what: also look in on your UEFI/Bios settings, to make sure that the wireless and Bluetooth settings look OK in there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/wlan-autoconfig-error-4003-a-1120217.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I have a rather strange problem PC boots normally though somehow slowly you can really hear the HD is working hard Wireless is connected as it should as one of the last tasks WLAN and after AutoConfig boot. off on switches in the entire start up process Good signal with - pins in the internet access icon down in the right corner of the lower WLAN AutoConfig switches off and on after boot. menu bar and no problems with connection to the internet However after minute or so I can hear the HD start working intensively again and then it disconnects the internet access shown by WLAN AutoConfig switches off and on after boot. a red cross over the internet access icon Just before that the screen flashes a bit and the color of the lower menu bar becomes slightly more pale as if some booting is still going on Going into the Services msc the WLAN Auto Config says that it is started but opening it in General it says Stop When I click on Start it reconnects and works fine again If I do nothing after yet another - minutes it tries to reconnect and eventually after - minutes after reboot it is reconnected and work fine again I off course use Antivirus program Microsoft Essentials and have installed all the latest W updates including SP Why this odd behavior A virus Best Regards Anders

A:WLAN AutoConfig switches off and on after boot.

What do the Windows Event logs say? There should be an entry for every time the service stopped and started.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/241588-wlan-autoconfig-switches-off-after-boot.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all,
I have a problem with wlan autoconfig service. If this service is enabled, then during start up computer just goes through infinite cycles of windows opening and then blue screen appearing saying windows was not shut down properly. This stops when I go to safe mode.
On the other hand, if I disable wlan autoconfig service everything works normal except, of course, the internet. I believe this is a result of some infected software that I managed to remove but I cannot run malware as I cannot connect internet. Also this infected software (that was supposed to be antivirus software) removed my original antivirus so I am helpless.
Please let me know if anyone has some suggestion.
Thanks in advance.
Eagle

A:WLAN autoconfig is creating error

If you are not using wireless connection you can disable the WLAN AutoConfig  service which provides the logic required to configure, discover, connect to and disconnect from a wireless local area network (WLAN) as defined by IEEE 802.11 standards. It also contains the logic to turn your computer into a software access point so that other devices or computers can connect to your computer wirelessly using a WLAN adapter that can support this. Stopping or disabling the WLANSVC service will make all WLAN adapters on your computer inaccessible from the Windows networking UI. It is strongly recommended that you have the WLANSVC service running if your computer has a WLAN adapter. Your issue i'm sure not with WLAN AutoConfig  service its wireless card causing the issue install latest version of the wireless card driver.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619315/wlan-autoconfig-is-creating-error/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello, my logs are plagued with warnings from WLAN-AutoConfig (id 4001) that says "WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped."

As this dosn't constitute a warning and work as intended to have the WLAN service shutdown when I don't need it, how can i make this service stop jamming my logs with that ?

Best regards

A:How to get rid of event id 4001 from WLAN-AutoConfig ?

Hi Magissia,

Thats a service that is used to detect and connect to wireless networks. If you do not have Wireless you can disable this service. See the link below.

Disable Windows 7 Wireless Configuration Manager Service (WLAN AutoConfig)

Event 4001 is not really an error and can be simply ignored and I do not know of a way to stop the event from showing up other than stopping the service if you don't in fact need it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357581-how-get-rid-event-id-4001-wlan-autoconfig.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I am running windows 7 and wireless fails to start. wlan autoconfig service is giving error 1067 -The process terminated unexpectedly. Wireless was working before on this laptop. any ideas to fix this? Thanks, tsn

A:wlan autoconfig Error 1067

No resetting catalog and logs did not work. I had to reinstall the OS to get it working. Though any further assistance on this issue will be helpful just in case this this pops up again.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e1d7cfc8-754c-4b04-a08b-157942d675a5/wlan-autoconfig-error-1067?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello all,

I am been trying to fix an issue on my girlfriend's computer. Ever since I removed a malware infection she had, the computer was doing the following: taskbar turns grey and internet stops working. Thinking this was still a malware issue, I posted in that section of the website (see link below). I have since been cleared of malware, but we have determined that the issue is related to the Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager and WLAN AutoConfig, both of which are set to start to automatically start when booting, but seem to be crashing. My taskbar goes back to normal and the internet works once I manually start these services.

Removed Win 7 AntiSpyware - other issues after rebooting

Lenovo IdeaPad Y460 (0633)
windows 7 home premium

Thanks,
Anthony

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/desktop-windows-manager-session-manager-and-wlan-autoconfig-services-issues-619341.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Wireless Zone Configuration Service IS set to Automatic but when windows startsup, the service is 'stopped'. I have to manually start it every time I reboot my computer.

How can I make it start automatically?

A:Solved: Wireless Zone Service Stopped at start up

It turned out that Dell Wifi Utility disables the WZC service. I turned it off and it fixed the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-zone-service-stopped-at-start-up.892922/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi fellas First of all sorry if some of you find this thread duplicate but I couldn't find one closely related to my case And the case is as follows On my HP dv - eq laptop with Atheros WiFi chipset the WiFi 'WLAN 'random' autoconfig' to dissconnects due WiFi connection drops at 'random' intervals after the laptop has been started The only thing that solves this issue albeit for short is manually disabling and then re-enabling the WLAN device from Network Adapters This manifested few months ago alas I didn't recall what I might have changed back then Sometimes it drops almost immediately after boot sometimes it takes hours to do so WiFi 'random' dissconnects due to 'WLAN autoconfig' The lappy has user accounts Exactly the same behavior on all three of them Now the only thing I could see as a possible reason from the event logs is that right before the drop an event 'WLAN Autoconfig has successfully stopped ' occurs Without any further explanation So far when I boot in Safe Mode with Networking this issue doesn't present itself for as many hours as the laptop runs Tried disabling few programs firewall antivir etc but still the same Any help is highly appreciated and I am ready to fully cooperate Thanks

A:WiFi 'random' dissconnects due to 'WLAN autoconfig'

Hi dstoynev,

By any chance are you using a Wireless Manager for your laptop?

If you have not done this yet, please remove all wireless profiles stored in your computer.
Easy Way to Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 7
Re add your SSID (wireless network) that you're trying to connect to with the correct encryption.

Have you updated your Wi-Fi adapter's driver to the latest by downloading it from the manufacturer's site?

If none of the above suggestions worked please install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector from one of your wireless computers. Double click the Xirrus Icon on your Desktop, Tap the Printscreen key on your keyboard, open up Paint then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then SAVE it. Upload and attached the file here.

An update will be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212523-wifi-random-dissconnects-due-wlan-autoconfig.html
Relevancy 75.25%

My computer (Lenovo Thinkpad T400, running Windows Vista) kept hanging at the shutting down screen and would't shut down unless I forced it. USB devices also weren't recognised when plugged in, or when unplugged and re-plugged in.

I ran a clean boot and isolated the WLAN AutoConfig service as the source of the problem. When I disable that, everything works fine, but then there's no wireless internet.

Any idea what could be going on? This has been driving me nuts the past few days. It started shortly after I created a new user account on the computer, though I think it only gave trouble a day or so later. I also updated the Lenovo Power Manager, but am unsure how that could be connected.

Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-cant-shut-down-when-wlan-autoconfig-is-enabled-657231.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Good evening.
Can anyone give a detailed description of the following windows WLAN-AutoConfig event IDs:

I cannot find any reference anywhere and need to know exactly what is happening when these event IDs appear.
Best regards
James

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/717f09d4-a71d-4e4e-97b9-33432e46d159/wlanautoconfig-event-ids-detailed-description?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 75.25%

It's a new HP ID internet Event and 10002 WLAN - AutoConfig no laptop the m - I purchased it about three months ago When I got it I updated the network card directly from Intel to the latest driver When I started having issues around a month ago I reinstalled the OEM driver from HP When awaking my computer Event ID 10002 - WLAN AutoConfig and no internet from its sleep the network card would find my network but it would not connect It would say roughly unable to connect Eventually I can get it to work by deleting and re-adding the connection several times The problem doesn't occur every time I awaken my computer but maybe once every three times There have been some changes in my network I added a wireless extender and set it up on the same SSID I also changed my wireless security from WPA WPA to just WPA I have seen the same problem occur on another Windows laptop in my network When Event ID 10002 - WLAN AutoConfig and no internet running Intel's WiFi troubleshooter it fails on the association test Every time the connection fails I get the following error in Event Viewer Code Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig Date - - AM Event ID Task Category None Level Warning Keywords User SYSTEM Computer Name -PC Description WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped Module Path C Windows System IWMSSvc dll Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig quot Guid quot D DD- - - -D BE D D DE quot gt lt EventID Event ID 10002 - WLAN AutoConfig and no internet gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Name -PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot ExtensibleModulePath quot gt C Windows System IWMSSvc dll lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt These are my system specifications Code lt lt lt System Summary gt gt gt gt Mainboard HP A gt Chipset Intel Ivy Bridge gt Processor Intel Core i MHz gt Physical Memory MB x DDR -SDRAM gt Video Card Intel R HD Graphics gt Hard Disk Hitachi HTS A E GB gt DVD-Rom Drive Hewlett-Packard DVDRAM GU N gt Monitor Type inches gt Network Card Realtek Semiconductor RTL PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter gt Network Card Intel Centrino Wireless-N gt Operating System Windows Pro with Media Center Professional Media Center -bit gt DirectX Version gt Windows Performance Index on Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Event ID 10002 - WLAN AutoConfig and no internet

Can you go to device manager and right click your wireless NIC > Properties

Then click on the 'Power Management' tab and then ensure that the following boxes are unchecked like mine below:

Since this is relating to a core service (WLANautoconfig) can you run a full system scan with your A/V and Malwarebytes and ensure that your machine is free from malware

Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

Hope This Helps,
Josh

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29328-event-id-10002-wlan-autoconfig-no-internet.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I recently had to install a new battery for my computer After doing so I started having this problem and receiving the following Error from the quot Service Control Manager quot Event ID nbsp nbsp The following Boot-Start or System-Start driver s failed to load ppfd vt nbsp or to Driver(s) Load System-Start Boot-Start Service Failed EVENTID:7026 Manager Control nbsp nbsp Param The issues I am having are Unable to completely quot SHUT DOWN quot unless I press the power button this is after I have already selected the quot shut down quot option in the Start menu Never had to press the power button to power off my Service Control Manager EVENTID:7026 Boot-Start or System-Start Driver(s) Failed to Load computer Also at quot START-UP quot I get as far as a black screen with a white flashing cursor in upper left-hand corner At this point I am stuck nothing takes me out of this state unless I press the quot POWER quot button to shut-down In order to start-up amp Boot I Service Control Manager EVENTID:7026 Boot-Start or System-Start Driver(s) Failed to Load disconnect AC Adapter remove battery wait about seconds re-install battery power adapter and push power button Now my computer is all good Can anyone help me with this I've researched for weeks and am no where Thanks for any help My computer is quite old Sept but I'm hoping that I don't have to purchase a new one I'm a lil cheap lol

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8b5250b4-251f-4c98-8c76-2c44de550b46/service-control-manager-eventid7026-bootstart-or-systemstart-drivers-failed-to-load?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi Team I am getting below error when I try to install an application Application installed fine on my local Win Issue is with the Virtual Machine I have setup using VirtualBox VM OS I am using is win and win Both have the same issue I tried running the application as quot Run as Administrator quot but still no luck below is the event log of windows services. (SOSS) start. have system 'ScaleOut sufficient failed Error to you Service StateServer' Verify privileges to 1920. start that - System - Provider Name MsiInstaller - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer PANTHER - Security UserID S- - - - - - - - EventData Product ScaleOut StateServer x Edition -- Error Service 'ScaleOut StateServer' SOSS failed to start Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL B D D D D D Binary data In Words B D D D D D nbsp nbsp In Bytes B nbsp nbsp ACB C br D D nbsp nbsp Error 1920. Service 'ScaleOut StateServer' (SOSS) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. F- D - br D br nbsp nbsp -BFA br D nbsp nbsp - DBC br br Error 1920. Service 'ScaleOut StateServer' (SOSS) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. D nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp C A

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a32caaba-4a5e-4ae1-a27b-d002e4176faa/error-1920-service-scaleout-stateserver-soss-failed-to-start-verify-that-you-have-sufficient?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 69.23%

This problem I discovered while trying to allow myself to be able to host Battle net games for Warcraft I was having issues with people being unable to join my games so I went to my router to open up the correct ports they were already open from before by before I mean prior to a format reinstall of XP about a month ago So I Windows ICS start cannot service. decided to take a peek at the Windows Firewall settings which display in the Security Center as quot Not Monitored quot When Windows cannot start ICS service. I try to fire up the Windows Firewall via Control Panal I get the following TWO error messages quot Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS Service quot YES Windows cannot start ICS service. NO If I click YES I get the following message quot Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service quot Now ultimately I don't know if messing with the Windows firewall is going to solve my battle net hosting problems but when I encountered this issue I feel that it's well not good I don't know the severity of this problem but any suggestions on alleviating it would be most helpful I'm running Windows XP with SP I don't have any third-party firewall or Virus software at the moment I do have a Netgear WGT v router but I don't know if this would cause any interference I don't think so but if anybody needs more information on my rig just ask

A:Windows cannot start ICS service.

Hi,
I find it better to use third party firewalls, since windows firewall tend to cause problems from time to time. Any way, click start, control panel, administrative tools, services, scroll down to windows firewall. Right click, properties, change startup type to automatic. Reboot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-cannot-start-ics-service-162439.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi I have been trying to figure this out for over month and am reaching out for some help now For the past month I am unable to start windows update service BITS is running Everytime I try to start it it says quot Windows could not start the windows update service on local computer Error - The system cannot find file specified quot I have ran liveone scan Microsoft Malicious Software Removal malwarebytes spybot etc and it appears any type of virus or malaware Can't start windows service has been removed or is not present The machine runs fine other than updating I am unable to install Avast or AVG bc Can't start windows service I cannot install Microsoft Express C which seems odd I am lost here and could use some help I have also checked the registry path of the service and it looks correct HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services wuauserv and verify it is quot systemroot system svchost exe -k netsvcs quot I am not sure if a file is corrupted or what but it will not start the service quot wuauserv quot in admin tools services I am running Windows Vista SP OS bit Any help grately appreciated

A:Can't start windows service

Welcome
Try ths go to search type services
In services make sure that remote procedue call is on and automatic
Then put make sure windows updates serice is automatic and started

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/286906-cant-start-windows-service.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi !
I recently have this problem on the services,when i try to Start the service he give me this error "Windows could not start the "service name" service on Local Computer Error 129 0x89" i search on google but i don't find this error,so
i think it will be good when i ask the Microsoft Comunity . I need help ! Sorry for my bad english !
         Thanks !

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/91c47c43-879c-4e37-a3c5-52cc8550f8f1/windows-could-not-start-the-quotservice-namequot-service-on-local-computer-error-129-0x89?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 68.37%

I am having an issue with Windows Search Service Almost every time I boot in the morning the Search service is disabled Either I have to Service not Windows start Search does repair the function or go into Services and restart it Each time I do I set the Windows Search service to start automatically Sometimes it does and sometimes not This has been going on for several months Windows Search Service does not start It got so bad I installed another search program that worked just fine But in the end I actually reformatted my HD and reinstalled all apps and restored Documents For a couple of weeks everything was fine Now it has started again I have tried every fix that seemed reasonable and that I found online My virus software AVG finds nothing I checked all the Windows components and they are correct No repair needed This thing is driving me crazy Help would be appreciated Here is my SysInfo data Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB G Windows Search Service does not start Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Q Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO CTO Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Windows Search Service does not start

Have you tried Everything
IMHO it is the best.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-search-service-does-not-start.1043979/
Relevancy 68.37%

When I try to turn it on, it just keeps loading and eventually do nothing.
And when I try to start the service in the "Services.msc" I get the error:

Tranlation: 'Can't start the Windows Firewall on yout Local computer. Consult the systemlogs for more information. If this is not a service of Microsoft, you have to contact the manufacturer of the service. Mention than the specific error 5.'

I don't have a clue what the systemlogs are or what I can do with it, and I tried many solutions given on the internet but none has worked for me yet. Please help me with this awful error.

A:Can't start Windows Firewall service

In the search box next to Start button, type ser > press Enter.
You are now on Services window > scroll down to Windows Firewall > click it.
Under Status ................................. it should be Running.
Under Startup type...................... it should be Automatic.
If that is not what you see, left side, click Restart the service.
Also right click at Windows Firewall > Properties ......................
at Startup type, click the pointer and select Automatic
at Service status, click Start.
Click OK when done.

See if the Firewall is back in action.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/45758-cant-start-windows-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I'm sure this problem has been addressed before. After service pack 2 for xp, our windows firewall stopped working. When you try to access it in the control panel, it says that it is unable to open because the service is not running. I click yes to turn it on, and it says that the ICS service could not be started.

I tried fixing it a couple months ago, goofed around with winsock and tried a couple other things, couldn't get it to work so I gave up and downloaded zone alarm.

I just remembered about it the other day, and while being bored, I wanted to try and get it working again, even if I don't need to use it, I still like everything running correctly.

Any suggestions?

A:Windows Firewall, cannot start ICS service

Try the following:

Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services...

Scroll down to Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing, double click the entry. You should now see the properties box for ICS; in the drop-down box next to 'Startup type' be sure that Automatic is the chosen option, click Apply, close everything out and re-boot - now check to see if your firewall is available.

If that doesn't work, you may need to run an inplace install (Repair). If this is the case then follow These instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-firewall-cannot-start-ics-service.408593/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi
I am running Win 7 Enterprise edition and struggling to start Windows Update service. Upon starting the service it displays an "Error 5: Access denied" message. I have troll through internet but unfortunately none of solutions, i.e (renaming distribution
folder, Net stop commands) have worked in my case, even event viewer displays nothing other than "Access denied". It is an enclosed system so installing a solution software is not an option. 
NOT every PC is affected, therefore I believe GPO is not the issue here. Last time these computer made contact with WSUS server was more or less the same time when I applied the Windows Updates. I have also compared installed updates on my PC (infected)
with other working PC and have deleted all latest installed updates from my PC but unfortunately that has not worked either. Can any one shed a light? thanks.  

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cc552859-5122-4c3a-88a7-b9683f39f92c/windows-update-service-wont-start?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 68.37%

Vista Business 32bit. Would appreciate assistance on how to start Windows Fax and Scan as a service on start-up to avoid giving up the real estate on the Taskbar. Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/240027-start-windows-fax-scan-service.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello, win7 gurus,

Can anyone help me with this message? There are two of the same on my start up screen after reboot.

"Cannot start service from the command line or a debugger period a windows service must first be installed (using installutil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer, windows services administrative tool or the NET START command."

A:Windows Service start failure

I can't tell from your post which service is not starting, but what it sounds like from the error message, it's saying the service in question relies on other services to be running for it to be able to run, and THOSE services are not started.

To see if this is correct, try Admin -> Services -> find the service that is not starting up, then right-click on it -> Properties ... then click the Dependencies tab and see what other services that service depends on. Make sure those services are started, and are set to automatically start.

To get a service to start automatically, right click on it -> Properties and then for Startup Type select Automatic from the field. Click OK. Make sure all required services are done this way. And make sure the main service that started all this is also set to automatic.

Now just to make sure these services CAN start, after configuring them for auto start, click the Start button in the Properties window to start them on the spot.

Now reboot and see if the problem is gone. HTH.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/366048-windows-service-start-failure.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Yesterday I had to reset to default settings after my computer had a nervous breakdown. I re installed windows 8 and everything seemed fine. I have now noticed that windows security centre will not start.

When i go to action centre and try to start it i get message saying security centre cannot be started, thats it nothing else.

If I try to turn on firewall i get a message saying "Windows firewall can't change some of your settings. Error code 0x80070422. It did work before and I have no 3rd party security software installed.

My system is dual boot with win 7 which is operating fine. Any help appreciated.

Cheers

A:Cant start windows security service

Ok, just ran malwarebytes scan and it found 2 files as follows:

2 x trjan.Agent.Gen
C:\users\Paul\AppData\Local\Temp\Svchost.exe

I have tried deleting them using malwarebytes and manually but when i restart the computer they are back.

Really dont want to do another complete reset if possible but may have too.

HELP.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/15770-cant-start-windows-security-service.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello Guys,

I am facing problem when i try to start Server Service in Windows 7...

Please find below error image...

Please give suggest me how to fix this problem..

Thanks & Regards,

Ankit Moradiya

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/could-not-start-the-server-service-in-windows-7-a-653349.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Ok first off -------- gt This one has me stumped I have here a Windows pc Everything was going well untill a game I like to play wasn't loading after patch No the reason for the post just were this all started I noticed that svchost was running percent of my cpu So I ran Malwarebyts It pulled four malicious files I just checked I guess Malwarebyts decided that logs are not important Logging is on but there are no logs there After-which I restarted the machine When It booted low and behold no audio I looked around a bit and found that the Windows Audio service is not starting Trying to start it throws this error quot Window could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot I checked the dependencies and not Audio - Service will Windows start they are all on At this point I decided to try to troubleshoot I went into the registry and removed the dependencies form the service I backed up the key Restated the machine and tryed to start the service This is when thing got odd This time it threw a different error quot Window could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer Error The RPC server is unavailable quot What I uninstalled my audio device and restarted it reloaded and it throws the same error I also ran sfc scannow and it returned no integrity violations I have absolulty no idea what in gods name Windows Audio - Service will not start is going wrong and I can't find a Windows Audio - Service will not start lot of information on the RPC server I was hopping searching 'RPC server' would help But it doesn't seem to give much information on the Windows audio service

A:Windows Audio - Service will not start

My dumbass disabled the Power service. I reinabled it, restarted and it works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-audio-service-will-not-start-866418.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello

I always had Firewall turned off, but then I realised it's a quite useful thing. So when I checked it, it said: "Windows Firewall is not using the recommended settings to protect your computer." When I press "Use recommended settings" nothing happens. Then I checked services and Base Filtering Engine is running well, but Windows Firewall service can't start. It says: "Windows could not start the Windows Firewall on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 5."

I have no idea how to fix this (I have already downloaded Microsoft Windows Firewall fixer, didn't help)... Any suggestions?

A:Windows Firewall service won't start

Have you checked that the windows firewall authorisation driver is running in device manager?
You need to view hidden devices and its in the plug and play section.hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/253751-windows-firewall-service-wont-start.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey guys I have often come here in the past to help me with various tech related woes but I've never needed to post before But now I do since I can no Service. Firewall Windows start Cannot longer turn my Windows Firewall Service on through any means in which one can do so under normal circumstances I'm Cannot start Windows Firewall Service. running Windows Vista SP From Windows Security Centre it tells me quot Security Centre can't turn on Windows Cannot start Windows Firewall Service. Firewall quot From Windows Firewall it tells me quot Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Cannot start Windows Firewall Service. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Service quot then when I click yes quot Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall Service quot when trying to start it manually from Administrative Tools Services it tells me quot Windows could not start the Windows Firewall on Local Computer For more information review the System Event Log quot and the only thing Windows Firewall related I have been able to find in the Event Log is quot The Windows Firewall Service was unable to retrieve the security policy from the local storage The service will continue enforcing the current policy Error Code quot All the different fixes I have seen online either haven't helped or I wasn't sure enough to try them all What can I do that is short of a complete reinstall of Vista Thanks a lot

A:Cannot start Windows Firewall Service.

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried running sfc /scannow How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-start-windows-firewall-service-590332.html
Relevancy 68.37%

So I noticed my MS Security Essentials stopped updating and then I noticed my updates werent even running.

When I try to start the Automatic Update service I get

Windows could not start the Windows Update service on the local machine
Error 193: 0xc1

Ive been scouring the net nad running things left and right to try to fix it
I used the MS Fixit and that errors out as well.

I run sfc /scannow and it says there were some files that could not be repaired.

I tried doing an Update Install and that error'd out as well.

Im pretty much at a loss and really would rather not reinstall the whole OS.
Im sure its something small and stupid I am not doing but would
really like some new ideas.

Thanks

A:Windows Update Service Will not start

See if this helps Windows Update error 80246008
Or this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/153403-windows-update-service-will-not-start.html
Relevancy 68.37%

My windows update service is not working When I try to manually update I get an error window that says quot Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running You may need to restart your computer quot There is no error code I've contacted Microsoft and here are the Windows Service start Update won't steps I've taken per their instructions Clean boot Using msconfig I've disabled all non-microsoft services then restarted Rename the Windows Update Softwaredistribution folder I actually wasn't able to do this I accessed the command prompt as an administrator and entered this command Windows Update Service won't start quot net stop WuAuServ quot w o quotations The response I get is quot the service name is invalid quot Verify the relevant Windows Update services When I go to quot services msc quot Windows Update is not listed in my services BITS is set to automatic If you have any ideas please help I have of course ran malware scans I have some screen shots update log and sys info if you need it Thanks a lot

A:Windows Update Service won't start

Are you using the retail version of windows 7???
or are you still on the RTM/RC edition?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-service-wont-start-435187.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have read and tried all the solutions that i can find on this issue I have contacted Microsoft for a possible solution but they want to charge me and i know there is a free fix So my hope is that someone out there knows what it is The issue i am having is i currently have an icon in my system tray that is a speaker with a red X When i hover over it the tag says quot The Audio Service is not running quot I have gone into Services and discovered that it is my Windows Audio Service that is not running I have tried to start it manually and it returns an error code The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion This error is returned within seconds of attempting to start The won't Service Windows Audio start little bit of info i could get from the technician at Microsoft is that it could be a malware corrupting my dll files I downloaded Malware bytes and run it i removed the possible threats that it came back with Windows Audio Service won't start I have run a full virus scan using Kaspersky Pure and have no viruses Also i downloaded the latest Net framework and its updates I have all current drivers so that Windows Audio Service won't start is not an issue I have no idea what else to do Please help

A:Windows Audio Service won't start

service: Windows Audio Endpoint Builder: Can you start manually? If not.. what error?
service: Multimedia Class Scheduler: Can you start manually? If not.. what error?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/315975-windows-audio-service-wont-start.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Please help me start service won't Windows update get rid of this virus Here is my hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved Windows update service won't start at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static mom exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system lxdccoms exe C Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files MSI SecureDoc Logon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files TRENDnet TEW- UB WlanCU exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files palmOne Hotsync exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files MSI VCenter VCenter exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Flock flock flock exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop hijackthis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - Toolbar ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files ZoneAlarmSB bar bin SPYBLOCK DLL O - Toolbar Lexmark Toolbar - A C- F - -A D-EDD AC F - C Program Files Lexmark Toolbar toolband dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL O - HKLM Run amd dc opt C Program Files AMD Dual-Core Optimizer amd dc opt exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run LXDCCATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LXDCtime dll RunDLLEntry O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run BM e f Rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system pbkjmmhr dll quot s O - HKLM Run d cd rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system phslontb dll quot b O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run StartCCC C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c O - HKUS S- - - Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS S- - - Run MySpaceIM C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User 'Default user' O - Global Startup SecureDoc lnk C Program Files MSI SecureDoc Logon exe O - Global Startup VCenter lnk C Program Files MSI VCenter VCenter exe O - Global Startup Wireless Configuration Utility HW lnk C Program Files TRENDnet TEW- UB WlanCU exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Unknown file in Winsock L... Read more

A:Windows update service won't start

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Apologies for the long delay in response. We have a large number of HijackThis logs to handle and it?s taking us longer to catch up. If you haven?t received help elsewhere already and still require assistance please perform the following:Download RSIT by random/random and save it to your desktop.
Double click RSIT.exe to start the tool and click Continue at the disclaimer.
When the scan completes it will open a log named log.txt maximized, and a log named info.txt minimized.
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of both here.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don?t hear from you in three days this thread will be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-update-service-wont-start-294882.html
Relevancy 68.37%

When I try to turn it back on by using the "recommended settings" I get this:

And when I try and start the service:

I have these already running:
CNG Key Isolation (KeyIso)
Base Filtering Engine (BFE)
and can't find
Firewall Client Agent (FwcAgent)

I found on many pages I should try and run these commands in CMD:

Code:
sc config MpsSvc start= auto
sc config KeyIso start= auto
sc config BFE start= auto
sc config FwcAgent start= auto
net stop MpsSvc
net start MpsSvc
net stop KeyIso
net start KeyIso
net stop BFE
net start BFE
net stop FwcAgent
net start FwcAgent
pause
When I get to

Code:
sc config FwcAgent start= auto
It says:

A:Can't start Windows Firewall service.

NathanH92,

At some point, has the system been infected with malware?

Please do the following:

Please go to the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download
Select the 64-bit version.
Save it to your Desktop.
Double-click the downloaded file to run it.

When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.

Press the Scan button.

FRST64 makes a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory from which the tool is run (Desktop).

Please provide the FRST.txt in your reply. <<---

The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log: Addition.txt
Also post the: Addition.txt in your reply. <<---

Next, download Farbar Service Scanner
Save to the Desktop Make sure the following options are checked:Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender

Press: Scan
FSS creates a log, FSS.txt, on the Desktop.
Please provide the FSS.txt in your reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/293103-cant-start-windows-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi Over the past week or so I've had a few problems with my Windows Dell Inspiron I'm not sure what happened to start it all off The first thing I noticed was that I could no longer get sound from the computer - the speaker icon is PnP / start Windows Service Audio won't no longer visible and when I try to access 'Sound' in Control Panel either nothing happens or I receive a message which says 'Windows Audio Service is not running' I have tried to restart the Audio Service in services mcs but to no avail I also noticed here that the Plug and Play Service is stopped and it won't start either The green bar shoots up to about halfway and PnP / Windows Audio Service won't start then stalls before I receive an 'Error ' message In addition to this my laptop has stopped recognising external devices - printer usb storage etc and the Device Manager is empty I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure out what's going on and could really use some help from someone who knows what they're doing As you may have gathered from my clumsy description of my issues I'm not exactly a technical wizard Any help will be hugely appreciated Thanks Brian

A:PnP / Windows Audio Service won't start

In Admin Tools in the Control Panel make sure in Services that Plug & Play is set to Automatic and hit Start. If you go back to the Device Manager and everything is there, you should be good to go. If not, check back with us.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pnp-windows-audio-service-wont-start-578147.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all.

Windows Update Service is not running.

I check under services.msc its not listed.

I try to start in elevated command prompt (which is attached), says the service does not exist.

Ran windows update troubleshooter, and get an error (attached).

Restarted computer 10 times, no luck.

Any recommendations?

A:Windows Update service will not start

Check whether this blog helps. Kartones Blog

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398405-windows-update-service-will-not-start.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all I am having problems getting sound to play on my speakers and I can't for the life of me figure out why Some background I had to do a clean re-install of of Windows XP on a Sony VIAO desktop PC Everything seemed to be working fine including the sound But after installing some updates including Service Service Audio Start Cannot Windows Pack the sound just stopped working I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers without success The device manager shows that the sound controllers are fine see attached for devicemanager gif Now I have tried looking at the related service s and was unable to start the Windows Audio Service The error I get is quot Windows Audio Service Cannot Start Error The process terminated unexpectedly quot see attached screen shot - servicerr gif By the way the service is set to start automatically but something seems to be causing it to fail I checked on event viewer and there are a bunch of services that fail to start automatically on booting including Windows Audio service The error showing up is quot The Windows Audio service hung on starting quot See attached screen shot - eventviewer gif One other thing I noticed is that the Windows XP takes quite a bit of time to login after I enter my username and password on booting But after that it is smooth sailing except for the sound I also did a complete uninstall of all Norton antivirus spyware software after reading that that could be the source of the issue Didn't help For the life of me I cannot figure out what it is It cannot be a virus spyware since it is a clean re-install I and would hate to think that the solution is a Windows repair re-install Any ideas before I pull all my hair out Thanks in advance

A:Windows Audio Service Cannot Start

Have you tried this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319127 yet?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-audio-service-cannot-start-355880.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all.

Windows Update Service is not running.

I check under services.msc its not listed.

I try to start in elevated command prompt (which is attached), says the service does not exist.

Ran windows update troubleshooter, and get an error (attached).

Restarted computer 10 times, no luck.

Any recommendations?

A:Windows Update service will not start

Check whether this blog helps. Kartones Blog

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398405-windows-update-service-will-not-start.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I cannot start the windows firewall service.

At first it did not appear on the services .msc list, so I followed balon's advice to add it to the registry in this older thread Unable to start Windows Firewall

Now the firewall service is in the list but when I try to start it, I keep getting an error message:

Quote:
Windows could not start the Windows Firewall on Local Computer. For more information review the System Event Log. If this is a non-microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 5.

A:Cannot start windows firewall service

Why not dump the Windows 7 Firewall and use any one of the free third party firewalls. I would recommend Comodo.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/234289-cannot-start-windows-firewall-service.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi i am have problem with my audio devices. My audio is not working, cant play the sound. When i start the device it is says endpoint is duplicate error 0x800706cc

I have searching, that they say it is because AVG, but there is no file in my avg virus vault also i have see tutorial video to start the service again but the problem still exist. Please help me thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580021/cant-start-audio-service-in-windows-81/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi new to bleepingcomputer My IE won't open The message box just says quot Windows service pack setup has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot The Exception Information says Code x Flags x Record x Address x e b Am I running NT or XP according Help, Start Please. Pack2) Ie (windows Won't Service to the following HijackThis log Can anyone help fix my viruses and Ie Won't Start (windows Service Pack2) Help, Please. IE problem I have already tried running my McAfee antivirus spybot adaware AVG Panda Activescan and now HJT AVG found I-Worm Luder-A Trojan Horse Downloader Generic RG Trojan Horse Downloader Generic AKH Trojan Horse Downloader Generic LM Trojan Horse Dropperagent WJ Downloader TIBS Downloader TIBS A Trojan Horse Downloader small c Trojan Horse Downloader small f win PEPATCH I-worm nuwar Trojan Horse Downloader agent KSF I did my best to clean those up and get rid of all the t files that were everywhere I have defragged and I haven't run anything in Safe Mode Also I'm low on memory Here's the HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exeC PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exeC PROGRA Maxtor OneTouch Utils OneTouch exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exec PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exeC PROGRA Dantz RETROS retrorun exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS wanmpsvc exec PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXEC Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXEC WINDOWS system MAPISP EXEC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files America Online aol exeC Program Files America Online waol exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Documents and Settings Rick Schulman Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system ntos exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar AIM Search - D A B-D B- d - A - EE F C - C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMAT... Read more

A:Ie Won't Start (windows Service Pack2) Help, Please.

Hi doodles and Welcome to the Bleeping Computer!Download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log and a HiJackthis log in your next replyNote: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/112662/ie-wont-start-windows-service-pack2-help-please/
Relevancy 68.37%

Been cleaning up an older computer and Firewall/ICS Windows cannot start service recently this problem has turned up Windows Firewall is not on and in an attempt to turn it on it responds with Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service I click Yes and it says Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service So far I have tried Method and on Microsoft's page http support microsoft com kb Even though this did not start due to a SP installation Reinstalled SP I have not reinstalled SP specifically since SP usually covered that lt ---If thats the issue then shame on me I have also tried Windows Firewall/ICS service cannot start cmd gt Netsh winsock reset Recommendation from another forum I have tried starting the 'Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS ' in Administrative Tools gt Services gt Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS which does say stop This comes back with Could not start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service on Local Computer Error The system cannot find the file specified I'm assuming this is the current cause of the internet not working on the computer as well I've done alot of work on the computer and if needed I can list all that I've done so far This current problem I have not been able to solve myself and it started after running Malware bytes and removing everything it found May not need to be said but the system is a Windows XP bit Anything else you need to know just ask Also If I need to repeat anything I've already done due to a missed step or whatever I'm glad to do it

A:Windows Firewall/ICS service cannot start

Update on this system, the guy ran a Windows Repair after all this and now we have a BSOD after the Windows loading screen, code 0x07E, and computer restarts. When booting into Safe Mode I get "Windows XP Setup cannot run under Safe Mode. Setup will restart now."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526825/windows-firewallics-service-cannot-start/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I noticed my PC failed to update to daylight saving time So I tried to synchronise the clock CP- gt Date amp Time- gt Internet Time but I got the message quot Windows Time Service is not running quot Into services and sure enough it is there but not started Actions- gt Start produces a window that says quot Windows could not start the Windows Time Service on Local Computer Error The system cannot find the file specified quot No idea which file Action- gt Properties tells me that the path to the executable is c windows system svchost exe -k LocalService and that file svchost exe is certainly there Startup type is automatic Start parameters are blank w tim unregister works fine w time register produces after a bit of a pause quot The following error occurred The system cannot find the path specified x quot Windows service Time start Cannot I wonder which path Cannot start Windows Time service Maybe that's the reason it cant find this unknown file net start w time produces The Windows Time service is starting The Windows Time service could not be started A system error has occurred System error has occurred The system cannot find the file specified So what file is it looking for Why is it looking for it Where is all this specified Thanks for any ideas Event viewer Cannot start Windows Time service and Registry information follows The Event view reports service Contorl manager Event ID The Windows Time service terminated with the following error The system cannot find the file specified and gives the following details information - System - Provider Name Service Control Manager Guid d -a d - - e e- d f EventSourceName Service Control Manager - EventID Qualifiers Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer R Security - EventData param Windows Time param So maybe its this parameter But where is this Cannot start Windows Time service set What should it be etc etc The registry key entries for w tim are HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services w time quot Type quot dword quot Start quot dword quot ErrorControl quot dword quot ImagePath quot hex d f f c d c f e d b c f c quot DisplayName quot quot SystemRoot system w time dll - quot quot ObjectName quot quot NT AUTHORITY LocalService quot quot Description quot quot SystemRoot system w time dll - quot quot FailureActions quot hex ea c d quot ServiceSidType quot dword quot RequiredPrivileges quot hex c e e f c c f c c d d c I did try changing the display name to quot Windows Time quot but it made no difference

A:Cannot start Windows Time service

So having tried a variety of things from various sources, none of which worked I resorted to a repair install. That worked fine and solved that problem but Windows Update then stopped working.

seems this is something to do with KB982670 update to .Net4. My system had no record of that KB update but I deleted .NET4 anyway and Windows Update started working again

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/261287-cannot-start-windows-time-service.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all I am having problems getting sound to play on my speakers and I can t for the life of me figure out why Some background I had to do a clean re-install of of Windows XP on a Sony VIAO desktop PC Everything seemed to be working fine including the sound But after installing some updates including Service Pack the sound just stopped working I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Service Start Cannot Windows Audio the drivers without success The device manager shows that the sound controllers are fine see attached for devicemanager gif Now I have tried looking at the related service s and was unable to start the Windows Audio Service The error I get Windows Audio Service Cannot Start is quot Error The process terminated unexpectedly quot see attached screen shot - servicerr gif By the way the service is set to start automatically but something seems to be causing it to fail I checked on event viewer and there are a bunch of services that fail to start automatically on booting including Windows Audio service The error showing up is quot The Windows Audio service hung on starting quot See attached screen shot - eventviewer gif One other thing I noticed is that the Windows XP takes quite a bit of time to login after I enter my username and password on booting But after that it is smooth sailing except for the sound I also did a complete uninstall of all Norton antivirus spyware software after reading that that could be the source of the issue Didn t help For the life of me I cannot figure out what it is It cannot be a virus spyware since it is a clean re-install I and would hate to think that the solution is a Windows repair re-install Any ideas before I pull all my hair out Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Windows Audio Service Cannot Start

Try to uninstall service pack3..and check sound service is working or not. more help go iyogi.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-audio-service-cannot-start.809269/
Relevancy 67.94%

Error is .

Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig services on Local Computer
Error 1114: A dynamic link library(DLL) initialization routine failed.

Need help.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/149467-unable-start-wlan-services.html
Relevancy 67.94%

so i woke up this morning to find my laptop unable to connect to the net via wireless, showing the following msg "Connection status unknown. The Dependency service or group failed to start." i have tried running sfc scannow and netsh winsock reset but it does nothing. and have run a virus scan on avg but no viruses show up.
I cannot also run a system restore; when i try i get the following msg "the shadow copy provider has an unexpected error while trying to process the specified operation (0x8004230F). i have tried using system restore in both safe and normal modes but nothing works.
would be great if someone could help
thanks

Relevancy 67.94%

So guys I have been having this problem for several days One day I noticed that my wireless internet icon was gone from the taskbar I thought that s easy I d set it to show from Network Connections However when I went to Control Panel Network Connections would not open no hourglass or Network service Solved: start, wireless no Connections cannot network icon anything Nothing So I went to services msc and sure enough Network Connections was disabled I set it to Manual and tried to start it I got the error quot Could not start Network Connections on Local Computer xc quot This is bringing me down because I ve searched for an answer online for days nothing worked I tried using regsvr to register netshell dll but I got the error quot netshell dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found This file cannot be registered quot I have Windows XP Home Edition SP I have scanned for viruses with avast Home Edition Solved: Network Connections service cannot start, no wireless network icon found nothing And very surprisingly I still have internet But I travel so I need to choose my wireless networks and this way I can t Thank you in advance for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-connections-service-cannot-start-no-wireless-network-icon.758745/
Relevancy 67.94%

PC : Packard Bell
Windows : Home XP Service Pack 2
Problem : Can't start windows, cant push any keys or something else.
got stuck and begin screen where u see Packard Bell.

Solutions?
None.

I need help.
Pleease help me!

A:[SOLVED] Windows XP Home Service 2 (cant start)

and welcome to the Forum

Try to start in safemode . . tap F8 repeatedly from the time you press the power button.

If it is not recognizing the keyboard and it is USB, try replacing with a PS/2 keyboard and mouse to troubleshoot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-xp-home-service-2-cant-start-248559.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. I have never had any issues with viruses or spyware on this machine. I have MSE installed and active. I keep getting a notification in the Action Center that the "Windows Security Center service is turned off". When I click the button to turn it on, nothing happens. I located the Security Center service and when I try to start it, it says "Windows could not start the Security Center service on Local Computer", and below that "Error5: Access Denied". The service is running under the 'Local Service' user, I tried changing it to Local System Account, but got a different error, so I assume Local Service is correct. What could be causing this? I am logged in as a domain admin, and I have full control.

A:Windows Security Center service cannot start

Thanks it works . People should follow this advice.
 Click start & type Services.msc then hit enter.
Right click on the security center , click properties & choose automatic & start.
Good luck ever body and good work  Evader.
Feed back is always helpful.
SAL

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b8a0afef-776e-4587-a694-113e40c41206/windows-security-center-service-cannot-start?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,

I have a Toshiba laptop with 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium installed.

Although it has updated in the past, I am now not able to start the Windows Update Service. There is no malware on the system and I have tried several methods found on the internet such as resetting the service. I have also been unable to install MATS RunWindowsUpdate.

I would be grateful for any assistance.

Relevancy 67.94%

A win x user's computer ever got Event ID NTFS quot The file system structure on disk is corrupt and unusable Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume quot Drive letter quot Then I changed a new HDD for user computer and repaired some software such as MS Office which can not nbsp be nbsp opened application normally After repaired MS Office all application can work normally tried after Cannot start methods many Windows Search Service But there is an error related to outlook logged in application log In addition IE cannot run smoothly and it will hang on some website or cannot open Then find that cannot start Windows Search Service I've tried the following methods - sfc scannow - apply wsearch- -fix reg - Turn on off Cannot start Windows Search Service after tried many methods windows features - reinstall IE - Turn on off windows features - reinstall Windows Search Still cannot start the Windows Search Service I think it may need to reinstall windows Alternatively How can I repair reinstall it without reinstalling programs and losing Data Note that restore point is not available

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d0d8de67-067b-4aeb-9eb2-dd4da39c485a/cannot-start-windows-search-service-after-tried-many-methods?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 67.94%

Evening,

I have been dealing with this issue for about a week. I had Windows Update set to notify me when updates are available so I can choose whether or not to install them. The window takes quite a while to open, and when it does it has the red shield with white "X" in it, and says "Check for updates for your computer". When I click the "Check for updates" button an error window popped up that says:

"Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer."

In the task manager services tab, it shows the Update service has stopped. I have attempted a few ways to start the service, such as in the services window and in the command prompt; the only results have been either nothing or a system error 87, a parameter is incorrect.

A:Windows Update Service is not running, also won't start

Hi,

In order to better understand the issue, please follow this tutorial: Windows Update Posting Instructions

A member versed in Windows Update issues will take a look at the logs that you'll post at the end of the tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/320443-windows-update-service-not-running-also-wont-start.html