Windows Support Forum

"Personalize" part of Control Panel causes explorer to restart but still is blank

Q: "Personalize" part of Control Panel causes explorer to restart but still is blank

When I either right click the desktop and choose Personalization or access through the Control Panel it's blank. Then when I try to access it again it says it's trying to find a solution to the problem and restarts explorer (not MSIE). But that doesn't allow me access to Personalization. Anything I should try?

I searched and didn't find anything here. Thank you.

Vista Home Basic SP1, Dell Inspiron 1525

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: "Personalize" part of Control Panel causes explorer to restart but still is blank

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: "Personalize" part of Control Panel causes explorer to restart but still is blank

As it turns out, it may be a problem with using the Zune theme, which may be for XP. I'm not sure on this though. It disappointing because I really liked how things were looking.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/personalize-part-of-control-panel-causes-explorer-to-restart-but-still-is-blank-352313.html
Relevancy 89.28%

I have searched to see if this was asked before without any success. Maybe someone has run into this problem before.
When I open "my computer" or "control panel" after I close it...it automatically goes into Internet Explorer as a blank page. Most of the time, when I close the IE blank page...it stops responding and I have the control-alt-delete to "end the program"
Thanks in advance for any help.

A:closing "my computer" or "Control Panel" open internet explorer window

Possibly malware - anything openning ie on its own raises an alarm in my books. Post a HJT log to the malware removal section of the forum and let the experts take a look at it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-my-computer-or-control-panel-open-internet-explorer-window.658783/
Relevancy 111.37%

the title says it all
on every attempt to bring system window from control panel or right clicking my computer explorer.exe crashes, problem is no minidump is created to include, and i do have it enabled from "sysdm.cpl\advanced\startup" so any suggestions ?
p.s : not really sure if dump files are created with normal crashes and no bsod , so if there is another way to trouble shoot this thing please indicate .

A:Explorer crash on running "control panel\system" no minidump created

Hello Nightmayor and welcome to Sevenforums.

Explorer Crashing

Here are some tips and tricks you could try troubleshooting the kind of problems you're experiencing.
Having crashes upon the .explorer usually reveals problems in the Windows Context Menu. I'd suggest you to download a software called ShellExView. The idea of ShellExView is to figure out, what shell extension is causing your explorer to crash.Use the software with this procedure- Disable one extension that doesn't belong to Microsoft. In many cases there are running 3rd party shell extension along Windows, and may cause the crash. If the crash persist, undo the selection, and proceed to the next non-Microsoft extension. Keep doing so, until you've found the culprit.

Download Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes will investigate malware and worm targets, and try to remove them. It's very handy in that manner.Run a full scan of it twice or more. In many cases it won't detect malware in the first shot.

To ensure Windows isn't broken, we'll recommend the sfc /scannow command.Here's how- Press Start | search 'cmd' | Right-click it
| open as Admin | type SFC /SCANNOW

SFC /scannow

If the steps didn't work, Create a new User Account on your system. The current user account you're using, may be broken and corrupted.

Best Regards,
Frederik.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244076-explorer-crash-running-control-panel-system-no-minidump-created.html
Relevancy 110.51%

I thought I was computer savvy until this problem came up When I double click my computer recycle bin control panel etc the hourglass comes up for a few seconds goes off and nothing else No error messages or anything just nothing I have viewed a few of the threads covering this and a common link was the hijack this result I have posted that here and really hope that someone can help me with this I have run SpyBotSD and adaware I have run mutiple virus scans I did an SFC and the final thing bin", I "control computer" "my "recycle open cannot panel" etc... was to repair windows using the original disk none of which has help I am running Window XP w SP Any other suggestions would be certainly appreciated Hope to here from someone soon MTCS out Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... TDSTEL ENTERN app pppoeservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUpKiller exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exe C Documents and Settings Charlotte Hough Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO IE PopUp-Killer Neikeisoft - E E F - C - D - D- - C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp... Read more

A:I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc...

You may want to reinstall the operating system.

Backupthe files that are importantto you before you reinstall.

The "New" installation will overwrite the current one

If you do not format your hard drive before the reinstall the installation should not harm your files (That's why I suggest backingup your files) and will speed up the installation process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cannot-open-my-computer-control-panel-recycle-bin-etc.717788/
Relevancy 108.79%

Hi all I've just built a new PC from parts listed at the bottom I detect no hardware issues and the BIOS screens all work fine I've installed Windows Pro x failed and refreshed with clean install same fail I can install fine and enter the license key and reboots to complete install The PC boots to the win splash logo with spinning dots the screen flashes blank x64 blank Windows build, "Personalize" never 8 Pro gets screen, to New and back to the logo and then stops at an black screen I never get to the Windows quot Personalize quot installation completion screen Please help me trouble shoot this I'm using the ASUS P Z -V PRO DVI video out with only one monitor usb keyboard and mouse Parts List Patriot Gamer Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Patriot Intel Extreme Master Limited Edition GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR ASUS P Z -V PRO LGA Intel Z Corsair Force Series GS CSSD-F GBGS-BK quot GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive SSD ASUS DRW- B ST BLK B AS Black SATA X DVD Burner Two XIGMATEK Dark Knight II SD Night Hawk Edition CPU Cooler Intel Core i - K Ivy New build, Windows 8 Pro x64 blank screen, never gets to "Personalize" Bridge GHz Corsair - Professional Series -Watt ATX CPU Power Supply Cooler Master - HAF XM ATX Micro ATX Mid-Tower Case

A:New build, Windows 8 Pro x64 blank screen, never gets to "Personalize"

See if you can get into safe mode. I am assuming you get there the same way as win 7 by hitting f8 when pc is booting.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/10410-new-build-windows-8-pro-x64-blank-screen-never-gets-personalize.html
Relevancy 105.35%

I accidently posted this in "Vista" so I'm reposting it here as the operating system I have is XP Professional.

I'm having a problem with "Display" in the Control Panel. Yesterday I visited a website and opened a file. After I did that, my wallpaper changed and it appeared to be whatever the website was. I was able to somehow get it off (don't ask me what I did, I couldn't tell you). Now, when I click on "Display" in the Control Panel and go to "Desk Top", the only thing that I can change is the color and I can also click on "Customize Desktop", but I cannot change the background or click on "browse...". Can you help?

Relevancy 105.35%

I thought I was computer savvy until this problem came up When I double click my computer recycle bin control panel etc the hourglass comes up for a few seconds goes off and nothing else No error messages or anything just nothing I have viewed a few of the threads covering this and a common link was the hijack this result I have posted that here and really hope that someone can help me with this I have run SpyBotSD and adaware I have run mutiple virus scans I did a SFC and the final thing was to repair windows using the original disk none of which has help I am running Window XP w SP Any other suggestions would be certainly appreciated Hope to here from someone soon MTCS out Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA TDSTEL ENTERN app pppoeservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard open etc panel" "control recycle bin, computer", "my Cannot Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE Cannot open "my computer", "control panel" recycle bin, etc exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUpKiller exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exe C Documents and Settings Charlotte Hough Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO IE PopUp-Killer Neikeisoft - E E F - C - D - D- - C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Run Ashampoo PopUpBlocker C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUpKiller exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background... Read more

A:Cannot open "my computer", "control panel" recycle bin, etc

Hello and welcome to TSF

Apologises for the delay getting to your log. The helpers here are all volunteers and we have been very busy lately. If you are still having malware problems, follow instructions below.

=======

You are using an outdated version of Hijackthis. Please uninstall from Add/Remove programs, and delete your current version.

Next, download HijackThis to your desktop

Alternate link

Double-click on the file you just downloaded.
Click on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis

Upon install, HijackThis should open for you.

Should it not open, navigate to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis and double click on HijackThis.exe

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Do not post that log, instead, do this next:

=====================================================

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.Close all applications and windows.
Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <-this one will be minimized
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt here.
Please attach extra.txt to your post.
To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt

Click Upload.
What DSS will do: create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, and Internet Cache Files, and also empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
check some important areas of your system and produce a report for your analyst to review. DSS automatically runs HijackThis for you, but it will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have HijackThis installed.

===========
Logs Required
C:\Deckard\System Scanner\main.txt
C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt<----Attached

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cannot-open-my-computer-control-panel-recycle-bin-etc-254934.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Hello everyone I've run or "Control "My nothing open displays. Computer" Panel" I When into an issue that I can't seem to find answer to on the net When I open My Computer Control Panel or any folder no files or directories display after first there is a green loading bar on the address When I open "My Computer" or "Control Panel" nothing displays. bar and little magnifying glasses searching icon on the left side directories but never displays anything The files I can see in other folders are unable to be opened and have When I open "My Computer" or "Control Panel" nothing displays. white blank page icons next to them I can still run application so I'm not sure what the issue is I ran a scan for virus with nothing found and I have also ran a windows update but have When I open "My Computer" or "Control Panel" nothing displays. not restarted my PC yet Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you PC Desktop Custom Build OS Windows Ultimate x C PU Intel Core i - k GHz Motherboard Asus p z -v pro Memory gb Graphics Card s NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Hard Drives P M -CT M SSD ATA P WDC WD EARX- PASB ATA

A:When I open "My Computer" or "Control Panel" nothing displays.

Please run this and tell me the results following option 2 in this tutorial:

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/330569-when-i-open-my-computer-control-panel-nothing-displays.html
Relevancy 104.49%

Everyone when i press personalize when i right click on the desktop it will show explorer.exe unspecified error.. and in control panel/appearance and personalization the icon "Themes" is gone.HELP!!!

A:When I press personalize it will show "explorer.exe unspecified error"

I would first run an sfc scan to check any problem with system files
Start>type cmd>right click then run as administrator>type sfc /scannow>enter

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Would also run some virus scans

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/270529-when-i-press-personalize-will-show-explorer-exe-unspecified-error.html
Relevancy 104.06%

Hi
When I right click on the desktop and click Personalize, I get an "Unspecified error" from explorer.exe.

I think am having the same problem as
explorer.exe unspecified error ?????!!!!
I tried the sfc but it found no errors. And no, Personalize is not showing in the Control Panel.

There was an article on the Micorsoft site that said you get this error if you have disabled Personalize from Control Panel. I haven't done that. Just to be sure I went to gpedit.msc > User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel and disabled "Show only specified Control Panel items"
Still the problem persists.

I think the problem might have started due to CCleaner, as mentioned in the linked thread. Can't be sure though, just guessing.

Any help will be appreciated.

A:"Unspecified Error" from Explorer.exe when I click Personalize

I would try to do a repair install from a Win 7 DVD, do you have one?
My post here may be of some help (different issue I know) # 4
WINDOWS EXPLORER not responding. Whole PC unresponsive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291763-unspecified-error-explorer-exe-when-i-click-personalize.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Hello,

I am a Frenchman leaving in Estonia.

My Vista Control Panel seems to have 2 big problems (the following 2 icons are blank and do not open) :

- Problems Reports and Solutions : I get the error message : "is not a valid win32 application" !!!
- Device manager : I get the following error message : "MMC couldn?t create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly. CLSID:{74246BFC-4C96-11D0-ABEF-0020AF6B0B7A}"

How can I get everything back in order, please ? These errors are chinese to me and I just do not understand what there is to be done . !

Looking forward to getting some kind of information, I send you my best wishes.

Shaan

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/256755-vista-control-panel-problems-reports-solutions-device-manager.html
Relevancy 103.63%

I cannot open User Accounts in Control Panel, I keep getting ...

Microsoft (R) HTML Application host has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Anyone with a fix? . My appreciations in advance!

A:"User Accounts" in Control panel wont Open-Error is "Html application Host Error"

Do you have a recovery restore install disc or partition?
You can try doing a repair or system file check...
Scan For Missing/Corrupt System Files...

Windows XP comes with a wonderful tool called System File Checker (SFC)
Itscans and verifies the versions of all protected system files after you restart your computer...
To Do This:
Click Start menu, and then click the Run icon.
In the small box that Opens, type the three letters: cmd then click the OK button.
In the command prompt window that just opened (a black background and white text), type the following command:
SFC /scannow
And then click OK
You must be logged on as a member of the Administrators group to run SFC..
You will need your Windows XP CD during this procedure if SFC needs to get an original file. Please remember that Windows XP can have multiple instances of a .DLL file and remember which version is for which program.
Notes....
I have been asked if it is possible to have a "progress meter" show when SFC runs... This is the registry hack you need. PLEASE do not go messing with your registry if you do NOT know what you are doing!
System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
Value Name: SFCShowProgress
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-in-control-panel-wont-open-error-is-html-application-host-error.744934/
Relevancy 98.9%

I am running Windows 10 Insider build 14332 and had issues setting up home group. After running the home group troubleshooter, my ethernet and wifi adaptors got renamed to "Ethernet 2" and "Wi-Fi 2" respectively.
I am unable to rename it now. It shows an error "Cannot rename this connection. A connection with the name that you specified already exists. Specify a different name."
My internet is working fine but I am finding these names a bit annoying. I have seared online for similar issues but the solutions haven't worked for me.

A:"Wi-Fi" shown as "Wi-Fi 2" in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

The devices are still in the device manager but not connected.
These are hidden devices.
To much here to tell you how.
Search for hidden devices, device manager to find how to remove them
This has been around since XP

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/423793-wi-fi-shown-wi-fi-2-control-panel%5Cnetwork-internet%5Cnetwork-connections.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I can't see "Security" in "Control Panel".

I think before it was there. how will I get it back in control Panel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-see-security-in-control-panel.611325/
Relevancy 95.89%

I'm looking for a way to actually remove the folder for "Games" under "Turn Windows Features on or off" in Control panel. We need to completely remove the folder from the list so that our users can't just go in and re install the games. Thanks.

A:Remove folder from "Turn Windows Features on or off" in control panel

Do not give your users administrative power. Done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/89917-remove-folder-turn-windows-features-off-control-panel.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on a Lenovo T510.

Every single time I do a Properties on My Computer, I get this pop up message that "Windows Control Panel has stopped working". Oddly, I just cancel that window and everything otherwise seems to work normally. But it happens every time and I can't figure out why.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks

A:"Windows Control Panel has stopped working" on My Computer Properties

Hi

This usually happens when you dont remove the software completely, some process are attached to the Windows Explorer ... thats causing this.

Try using Autoruns and look under Explorer... and look for file that highlighted in yellow.. usually should say "File not Found". Uncheck or delete these and restart you computer.

Try these and let me know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/270261-windows-control-panel-has-stopped-working-my-computer-properties.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I need to block/hide/disable in the control panel the option "Change Adapter Settings". I have a DHCP server and I dont want my users configure a network adapter with a fixed ip.

I am looking for registry section or a directive that makes the trick.

Thanks in advance.

A:How can I block in Control Panel the option "Change Adapter Settings"

I found this software, but I wonder how it is made the trick.

I need to apply "it" throw an in-house application.

Edit Windows 7 Registry Software, Customize Windows XP Registry Settings, Tweak Registry Editor

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/195203-how-can-i-block-control-panel-option-change-adapter-settings.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Cannot run some Control Panel apps AV tools will not quot update quot rundll errors on some programs also quot undeliverable quot email bounce backs from my address I will perform http wiki castlecops com Malware Removal and Prevention panel, programs Control to invalid Unable "rundll32 handle" some have use Overview then report back when completed Initial scans are below prior to Malware R amp P Unable to use Control panel, some programs have "rundll32 invalid handle" overview Erck -- HJT reported C DOCUME gillisgi LOCALS Temp bis BB exe Infected Unable to use Control panel, some programs have "rundll32 invalid handle" Trojan Win Obfuscated en skipped C DOCUME gillisgi LOCALS Temp bis B exe Infected Trojan Win Obfuscated en however files are not found So I have a trojan or virus in c windows system rundll exe kbyte file size and dates are wrong Cannot delete unless safe mode is on replaced with new version from XP CD sp with quot expand i rundll ex c windows system rundll exe but at startup file is agained back to virus trojan Ran HJT Kaspersky log and onliner scans as well as downloads of AdwareAlert RegCure XoftSpySE etc all report that my quot normal quot tools like VNC VMWare etc are suspect but these are clean installs from CD thanks Erck nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-use-control-panel-some-programs-have-rundll32-invalid-handle.578095/
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi

When I right click My Computer on Vista Start menu the page says "The page failed to load"

I enclose a screenshot of the error.

I was also get "the application has failed to start because WINBRAND.dll was not found" when running

SystemPropertiesAdvanced

From RUN

This has now been fixed by downloading WINBRAND.dll and copying it to c:\windows\system32

But "The page failed to load" still happens when right clicking My Computer and choosing properties.

I did a SFC / Scannow and something weird happened. The Command Window had an error (apologies - forgot to note which but will rerun in a moment) however the CBS Log File showed no errors and indicated SFC ran successfully.

I will post the results of SFC in a few moments

Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 95.89%

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to "close" an open Control Panel Applet via a command line reference?I know a couple ways to open the window -

"c:\windows\system32\mmsys.cpl" OR command mmsys.cpl

but I would like to also close it via command line. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
SKK

A:Command line to "Close Control Panel Applet"?

Enter taskkill /? from a Elevated Command prompt. That is one way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/366601-command-line-close-control-panel-applet.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Help! I keep having problems with a little error at the bottom of the Windows Explorer Page that says "Loading Java Applet Failed". I found out how to change the settings which is listed below, problem is: There is no Java Plug In Folder in the Control Panel. Is this normal?
Click the Start menu
Select Settings
Select Control Panel
Double click the "Java Plug-in" icon
Click the "Proxies" Tab

Relevancy 95.89%

Hi, I'm having Windows Cannot find errors when trying to open things inside the Control Panel. See screenshot: http://s7.postimg.org/kqndp5knf/screenshot_6.png

The error message on top is "Allow an app through Windows Firewall". If I simply click "Windows Firewall" nothing happens. If I click "Network and Sharing Center" nothing happens. However, "Sound" for example, works fine.

the second error message is when I try to right click my desktop and "Screen Resolution".

I have already tried dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and sfc /scannow
Neither of them solved it.

A:"Windows cannot find" errors inside Control Panel

Anyone have any ideas what can it be?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61785-windows-cannot-find-errors-inside-control-panel.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I am getting an exception errror relating to a powercfg.cpl problem on a WindowsXP Pro SP3 system. (Sony VAIO laptop). I can run other .cpl files but I get an error message about powercfg.cpl when I try running "power Options" in the control panel or running the .cpl file from Start|RUN. I have backed up the 3 powercfg related files in system32 and replaced them with files from my XP Pro SP3 desktop system but it still works the same.

The exact error message is <An exception occurred while trying to run "shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\powercfg.cpl",">

I really don't want to reload the system for this small error...but I don't just want to live with it either.

Someone please help. I am a Windows/Linux Sysadmin.

A:"Power Options" in control panel deosn't work

Hi ne1scott and welcome to TSF !

Go to start => run and type
powercfg /RestoreDefaultPolicies

source : Power scheme options are unavailable on a Windows XP-based computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/power-options-in-control-panel-deosnt-work-321883.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi The search function does not provide matches for relevant keywords which match othe not many Panel, "..\Administrative accessible" Control Tools from the given situation thus opening of this thread Solutions found in net "..\Administrative Tools not accessible" from Control Panel, many othe for this or similar problems did not help On several occasions my Windows Enterprise SP Bits generates following message error or quite similar one The network location quot C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Administrative Tools not accessible quot Below all known occasions when the problem occurs - Uninstall Oracle JRE - Uninstall Microsoft Lync - Uninstall lot of other software - Open Administrative Tools from Control Panel - Log file of some Microsoft Update Sept ' Administrative Tools is also enabled to be shown in Start Menu However the Start Menu position called Administrative Tools is empty means just quot empty quot item list shown on hovering mouse cursor to Start Menu gt Administrative Tools Sysinternals Process Monitor shows few suspicious operations Code quot Time of Day quot quot Process Name quot quot PID quot quot Operation quot quot Path quot quot Result quot quot Detail quot quot blabla quot quot explorer exe quot quot quot quot CreateFile quot quot C Windows quot quot C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Administrative Tools quot quot desktop ini quot quot NAME INVALID quot quot Desired Access Generic Read Dis Options Sequential Access Synchronous IO Non-Alert Non-Directory File Attributes n a ShareMode Read Write Delete AllocationSize n a quot quot blabla quot quot explorer exe quot quot quot quot CreateFile quot quot C Windows quot quot C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Administrative Tools quot quot desktop ini quot quot NAME INVALID quot quot Desired Access Generic Read Dis Options Sequential Access Synchronous IO Non-Alert Non-Directory File Attributes n a ShareMode Read Write Delete AllocationSize n a quot quot blabla quot quot explorer exe quot quot quot quot CreateFile quot quot C Windows quot quot C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Administrative Tools quot quot desktop ini quot quot NAME INVALID quot quot Desired Access Generic Read Dis Options Sequential Access Synchronous IO Non-Alert Non-Directory File Attributes n a ShareMode Read Write Delete AllocationSize n a quot quot blabla quot quot explorer exe quot quot quot quot CreateFile quot quot C Windows quot quot C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Administrative Tools quot quot desktop ini quot quot NAME INVALID quot quot Desired Access Generic Read Dis Options Sequential Access Synchronous IO Non-Alert Non-Directory File Attributes n a ShareMode Read Write Delete AllocationSize n a quot quot blabla quot quot explorer exe quot quot quot quot CreateFile quot quot C Windows quot quot C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Administrative Tools quot quot desktop ini quot quot NAME INVALID quot quot Desired Access Generic Read Dis Options Sequential Access Synchronous IO Non-Alert Non-Directory File Attributes n a ShareMode Read Write Delete AllocationSize n a quot quot blabla quot quot explorer exe quot quot quot quot CreateFile quot quot C Windows quot quot C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Administrative Tools quot quot desktop ini quot quot NAME INVALID quot quot Desired Access Generic Read Dis Options Sequential Access Synchronous IO Non-Alert Non-Directory File Attributes n a ShareMode Read Write Delete AllocationSize n a quot quot blabla quot quot explorer exe quot quot quot quot CreateFile quot quot C Windows quot quot C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Administrative Tools quot quot quot quot NAME INVALID quot quot Desired Access Read Data List Directory Read Attributes Synchronize Dis Options Synchronous IO Non-Alert Attributes n a ShareMode Read Write Delete AllocationSize n a quot quot blabla quot quo... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384338-administrative-tools-not-accessible-control-panel-many-othe.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I'm having a bit of a problem. As far as I know, my comouter is completely free of viruses and spyware. For about a month and half now, I've been receiving the error message "Windows cannot open user accounts control panel" every time I double-click on User Accounts in Control Panel. I've been to many sites and I'm still stumped. I think the problem lies in the file nusmrgr.cpl being damaged or defective. If anybody can't offer me some advice or point me in the direction of a download or a recommended piece of software, I would really appreciate it.

P.S.

My computer is (obviously) Windows XP and I've already tried System Restore and Roxio GoBack.

I need help!!!!

A:"Windows cannot open user accounts control panel"

HI..and welcome...
Run a online Virus scan just to be sure...http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
If you haven't got already Spybot..A-Aware..links below..
Check fpr up-dates..scan remove what they find..
Run a HJT log...www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/HJTsetup.exe
Close all windows let it scan>save to notepad>edit>select all>edit.copy>paste on your thread..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-open-user-accounts-control-panel.366585/
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi

Not sure if this is the right thread for this post.

I am unable to open "Uninstall a program" through control panel. Everytime when I try to open it, I get the following error message

"Windows cannot find '::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}...:{7B81BE6A-CE2B-4676-A29E-EB907A5126C5}' Make sure you typed the name corerctly, and then try again.

However, I can open this in safe mode. Unsure why this is the case. Have tried googling for help but none found.

I use Win 7 64bit.
Please help me here.
Many thanks

Relevancy 95.89%

afternoon everyone here goes the first post i have panel or unable "properties" to control My of open Computer what has become a very unable to open control panel or "properties" of My Computer frustrating problem with a pc it is one a friend has given to me to fix but i'm not having much luck at this unable to open control panel or "properties" of My Computer point the pc is riddled with various malware viruses and i've managed to clean the majority off there is obviously some still laughing at me on there though because i am unable to access the control panel this is either from the start menu typing in the run textbox quot control exe quot or navigating to C windows system control exe This is the admin account of the pc Following instructions I have found on this forum and others i have run a scan using hijackthis which is posted below Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus SAVAdminService exe C Program Files SonicWALL SSL-VPN NetExtender NEService exe C Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALsvc exe C WINDOWS system UAService exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files SonicWALL SSL-VPN NetExtender NEGui exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files AOL aoltray exe C Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALMon exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG T wlan t exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Menu SonyTray exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Applications Residence exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Source Engine OSE EXE F hijackthis sfx exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www skybroadband com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell co uk myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http watson microsoft com dw dcp a amp BRAND WINDOWS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer Provided By Sky Broadband F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system proper exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO no name - D B - - DE -AE - B B F - C WINDOWS system bronto dll file missing O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF -... Read more

A:unable to open control panel or "properties" of My Computer

Can you get to the system properties if you go into Control Panel > System? (Classic View)

Also, you can try opening regedit (Start > run type "regedit" w/o quotes) and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Delete the keys:
NoPropertiesMyComputer
NoControlPanel

If the NoControlPanel key is not present you can find it most likely in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

As far as your log goes, please re-post it in the HijackThis forum section. Please click on the 5 Steps link below for instructions on posting a log. The HijackThis analysts will help you remove any additional spyware from your system.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-open-control-panel-or-properties-of-my-computer-198222.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi

Not sure if this is the right thread for this post.

I am unable to open "Uninstall a program" through control panel. Everytime when I try to open it, I get the following error message

"Windows cannot find '::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}...:{7B81BE6A-CE2B-4676-A29E-EB907A5126C5}' Make sure you typed the name corerctly, and then try again.

However, I can open this in safe mode. Unsure why this is the case. Have tried googling for help but none found.

I use Win 7 64bit.
Please help me here.
Many thanks

A:Unable to open "Uninstall a Program" through Control Panel

Hello jason & welcome to SevenForums!

Have you been trying to deleting this program by deleting the folder in the DATA path? It would probably fail after trying to uninstalling in the control panel then.
Try looking for the path and see if it's there!

Also, try this well popular software, for a perfect uninstallation of a software:

Revo Uninstaller

Best Regards,
FredeGail

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/171726-unable-open-uninstall-program-through-control-panel.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I have been searching for the causes of this problem when I right-click on - log panel" display HJT control the administrator "System disabled my desktop it says quot administrator disabled the display control panel quot Also by the clock on this computer it used to read quot Virus Alert quot so I m positive there is was some type of infection I ran Mcafee On Demand Virus scan and it HJT log - "System administrator disabled the display control panel" found problems and either cleaned deleted them but the computer is still acting weird Here is the Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon HJT log - "System administrator disabled the display control panel" exe C WINDOWS HJT log - "System administrator disabled the display control panel" system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system acs exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C WINDOWS system TODDSrv exe c WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Toshiba Windows Utilities Hotkey exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise vstskmgr exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Cox High Speed Internet R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO XML module - BCA - A - eaf- - C B D - no file O - BHO QWProtectBHO - AB - - a -B C- AC D E - no file O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise scriptcl dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar nqgpedlr - AB BE - - - F-C E FC E - no file O - HKLM Run SmoothView C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe O - HKLM Run Pinger c toshiba ivp ism pinger exe run O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HK... Read more

A:HJT log - "System administrator disabled the display control panel"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjt-log-system-administrator-disabled-the-display-control-panel.851434/
Relevancy 95.89%

I'm unable to access the Control Panel on my Win7 built-in Administrator account. On all of my other admin and non-admin accounts, I have no problem.

The control panel icon does not appear at all on my Start menu - if I do a search for "control panel", and then click the Icon, I get this message:

?This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.

This message is then followed by a popup which says "Explorer.exe Unspecified error".

Any advice on how to fix this problem would be appreciated.

A:Unable to access the control panel - "this operation has been cancelled... etc"

If this just started try a System Restore. Otherwise from one of the User Accounts put Administrative Tools in the Start Menu and see if this gives you access.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-access-the-control-panel-this-operation-has-been-cancelled-etc-700194.html
Relevancy 95.89%

My m-in-l s computer crashed so I brought it message ATI everyone! Control to Panel Error Hello "The initialize..." failed to my house to reinstall everything for her I am almost to the point of setting it back up at her house but I am still having a couple of problems Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." I ve searched and searched for all three but nothing has worked yet so I thought I Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." would post on here I noticed a yellow circle with a quot quot in the middle of the yellow circle under device manager of her Display adapters Video Controller VGA Compatible quot In the system tray it says quot Found New Hardware ATI Radeon Xpress Series quot So I went to Gateway website to get the specific drivers for my M-in-law s GT e Os XP and their was a chip driver for the ATI Radeon Xpress Series so I downloaded it amp extracted the files into Cabs like the instructions said to and now I am getting the error message quot Severe - Setup was unable Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." to complete the installation Try to set up your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot So I closed that window and a new window popped up saying quot The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize because no ATI driver is installed or ATI driver is not working properly The ATI Control Panel will now exit quot Any suggestions would be appreciated to how amp where do I fix this nbsp

A:Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..."

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

The subforum you posted in is for new member introductions only, so I have moved your thread to the relevant forum so others can best assist you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hello-everyone-error-message-the-ati-control-panel-failed-to-initialize.170409/
Relevancy 95.89%

Hey everyone I'm having problems with a System Security Center control panel that ended up on my computer Ive run CCleaner AdAware Spybot norton antivirus and windows defender and all show no problems Any help would be appreciated here's my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Center" Security Control "System Can remove Panel not Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Intel IDU awServ exe C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Ghost Agent PQV iSvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WMP Gv exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Ghost Agent GhostTray exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files Intel IDU iptray exe C WINDOWS Can not remove "System Security Center" Control Panel system psc mon exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files NetMeter HooNetMeter exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files palmOne HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run IntelAudioStudio quot C Program Files Intel Audio Studio IntelAudioStudio exe quot BOOT O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Norton Ghost C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Ghost Agent GhostTray exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run... Read more

A:Can not remove "System Security Center" Control Panel

Hi coupon,

Welcome to Tech Support Forum!

I apologize for the delay getting to your log. The helpers here are all volunteers and we have been very busy here lately. If you are still having malware problems, I will be glad to help.

OK, let?s do this first.

Go to the Start menu, and click on Control Panel. Choose Add/Remove Programs and remove any of the following that are listed:

NetMeter

NEXT:

Please run HijackThis and click "Scan". Place a check (tick) next to the following entries (if present):

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Personal Security Center Monitor] C:\WINDOWS\system32\psc_mon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NetMeter] C:\Program Files\NetMeter\HooNetMeter.exe

Close ALL programs and browsers (including this one), leaving ONLY HijackThis open, then click "Fix checked".

Then please exit HijackThis.

NEXT:

Please go to: VirusTotalAt the top of the page you'll find a "Browse" button. Click the "Browse" button and browse to next file:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\psc_mon.exe

Click "Open".
Then click the "Send" button at the top of the VirusTotal page.
This will scan the file. Please be patient.
Once scanned, copy and paste the results in your next reply together with a new HijackThis log.

NEXT:

Using Windows Explorer, please navigate to and delete the following FILES (if they exist):

C:\WINDOWS\system32\psc_mon.exe

Using Windows Explorer, please navigate to and delete the following FOLDERS (if they exist):

C:\Program Files\NetMeter

Please let me know if you encountered any problems finding or deleting the files/folders.

NEXT:

Please download CCleaner (freeware) and save it to your desktop:Run the CCleaner installer.
During installation process, please UNCHECK "Add CCleaner Yahoo! Toolbar".
Once installed, run CCleaner and click the Windows tab.
Select the following:Check everything under the Internet Explorer section.
Check everything under the Windows Explorer section.
Check everything under the System section.
Check ONLY Old Prefetch data under the Advanced section.

Then, click the Applications tab:UNCHECK everything there.

Next, click the Options button, then click the Advanced button:UNCHECK : "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours".

Next, click the Cleaner button, then click the Run Cleaner button (bottom right), then Exit.

CAUTION : Please do NOT use the Issues button. This is a built-in registry cleaner. If you don?t know how to use it, you may cause irreparable damage to your system.

NEXT:

Let's run an online scan to make sure we're not leaving anything behind.

Please do an online scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner:Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner.
You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, click Yes.
The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
Once the files have been downloaded click on Next.
Now click on Scan Settings.
In the scan settings make sure that the following are selected:Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
Extended
Scan Options:
Scan Archives
Scan Mail Bases

Click OK.
Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer.

This program will start and scan your system.
The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.Now click on the Save Report As button.
In the File name: field, type kavscan.
In the Save as type: field, select Text file (*.txt).

Save the file to your desktop.
Copy and paste that information in your next post.

NEXT:

Please reboot your computer normally into Windows, and then please post the log from the Kaspersky scan, the report from VirusTotal, and a new HijackThis log.

How are things running now?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/can-not-remove-system-security-center-control-panel-139065.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi,

I'm trying to set Notepad++ as the default program for *all* file types that it can open, using Control Panel > Default Programs > Set Your Default Programs. I want to make N++ open every file type it can open, and so I don't want to do this by individual file extension.

Notepad++ does not show in the list of programs that I can set defaults for, and I see no option to add a program to the list. I've Googled this question to no avail. Can anyone tell me how to set a program that doesn't appear in the list as all its defaults?

Thanks.

A:Adding a program to "Default Programs" in Control Panel

When I right-click on a file to open it, I get the option to "choose the default program", and in there, you can eventually open a browser to use to find the app you want. That app then becomes the default program for that file extension.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/60676-adding-program-default-programs-control-panel.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Admin Tools shortcut is broken in Control Panel.
Also Computer>Right Click Context>"Manage" does not work

I can open 'run commands' such as: COMPMGMT.MSC, SERVICES.MSC & DISKMGMT.MSC from the start button>search window but I can not access the general AdminTools page from Control Panel.

Tried start>properties>start menu>customize> "use default settings" but that didnt do squat.

Plz Help. Tnx

A:Broken "Administrative Tools" link in Control Panel

Hello Brian,

These tutorials may be able to help with restoring the Administrative Tools folder, and fix Manage.

Administrative Tools - Restore Shortcuts

and

Manage - Fix "File does not have a program associated"

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/127297-broken-administrative-tools-link-control-panel.html
Relevancy 95.89%

The "Desktop" tab has disappeared from the display portion of control panel.

I am running WIN XP on a Compaq with 512 megs of ram and a 2.1 gig processor.

Thanks,

A:"DESKTOP" tab missing in display portion of control panel

Desktop Tab Missing from Display Properties

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-tab-missing-in-display-portion-of-control-panel.313121/
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi unaccessible Spyware Potential and Operation!" Panel Control messagebox "Warning! I am trying to fix my friend s computer the key word here is trying and I ran across some things that I have no idea how to fix First off I "Warning! Potential Spyware Operation!" messagebox and unaccessible Control Panel used Spybot Search and Destroy in Normal mode and Safe mode to try and get rid of as much as possible Even after doing this I am still getting the world s most annoying messagebox with the title of quot Windows Security Alert quot The body of the messagebox reads as follows quot Warning Potential Spyware Operation Your computer is making unauthorized copies of your system and Internet files Run full scan now to pervent any unauthorised access to your files Click YES to download spyware remover quot I have no idea how to get rid of this Also when trying to go to Add Remove Programs in Control Panel I find that i can no longer access Control Panel it says that the operation is cancelled due to restrictions on this computer but there is only one account and it is admin Now Control Panel no longer shows up anywhere Posted below is my HijackThis file I would appreciate any help with this matter Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINNT Explorer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files LEAD Technologies Inc LEADTOOLS ePrint Bin LPSVS N EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL RETSDATA Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C WINNT system printer exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA MI AA wcescomm exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Menu SonyTray exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Applications Residence exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Speech sapisvr exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINNT system printer exe O - Toolbar AdwareFilter - F - E - B-A -E CAD A C - C Program Files AdwareFilterToolBar AdwareFilter dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot startintray O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files Q... Read more

A:"Warning! Potential Spyware Operation!" messagebox and unaccessible Control Panel

You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a NotePad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
Restart your computer
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
Choose your usual account.
Once in Safe Mode, open the SmitfraudFix folder again and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files.

You will be prompted: "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter".

The tool may need to restart your computer to finish the cleaning process; if it doesn't, please restart it into Normal Windows.

A text file will appear onscreen, with results from the cleaning process; please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

The report can also be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

Warning: running option #2 on a non infected computer will remove your Desktop background.
==============================
Download Superantispyware (SAS) free home version

http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes.
Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
o Close browsers before scanning
o Scan for tracking cookies
o Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
o Please leave the others unchecked.
o Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.
On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.
On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.
Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.
It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.
To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:
o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.
o Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.
o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
o It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
o Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.
Click close and close again to exit the program.
Please paste that information here for me regardless of what it finds with a new HijackThis log.

This will take some time!!!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/warning-potential-spyware-operation-messagebox-and-unaccessible-control-panel.632542/
Relevancy 95.89%

Hey, I used the thread search here and found out how to remove the peper trojan my dad had on his computer, along with HSA.

The spyware has been removed, the computer is running splendidly. However, entries still remain in the "Add/Remove Programs" Control Panel. They all seem to be related to HSA, because like the entry for HSA, all they really do is open your browser and go to a page where it says you can download an uninstall program.

Does anyone know how to remove these entries from the "Add/Remove Programs" screen?

EDIT: nevermind, found out how to do so here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spyware-removed-but-entries-still-remain-in-add-remove-programs-control-panel.322639/
Relevancy 95.89%

I recently noticed I have duplicate icons :

Does anyone know how I can get rid of one please ? Both are clickable and provide the same function as usual.

Thanks

A:Solved: Duplicate "sounds and audio devices" icon in control panel ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-duplicate-sounds-and-audio-devices-icon-in-control-panel.762502/
Relevancy 95.89%

A friend of mine did who knows what to his computer using some data cleaning software, called secure clean. He set it to run and automatically shut down the PC when finished. Upon reboot, his taskbar was a different color, he was shown a message requesting that he log in with a user that has administrative privileges, his internet connection was gone (ipconfig showed 0.0.0.0 on everything, and ipconfig /renew said "RPC server unavailable"....even though the Administrative Tools>Services applet shows it to be "started").

System Restore is not an option, as it was disabled a month ago in hopes of solving another unrelated problem....

So... I'm gonna bet 10 bucks it's time to format the hard drive and start from scratch, right?

A:Control Panel is completely empty & ipconfig /renew gives "RPC server unavailable"

I think you win the bet since SR is the only way I know that gives the system a shot at recovery from such an event unless the program that did the offending work creates a restore file of its own (most just use SR if they do though).

You could try a system repair but since it seems all sorts of settings are missing and accounts have been messed with as well, it might be more effective to nuke if there's a good backup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/control-panel-is-completely-empty-ipconfig-renew-gives-rpc-server-unavailable.736319/
Relevancy 95.89%

I am running XP SP3. When I go to Control Panel, "Add or Remove Programs", and check mark "Show updates", there is no entry for "Windows XP - Software Updates". NOTHING. I have searched the Web and have not found a fix. Can somebody please help? I would like to see all those Windows XP - Software Updates. My intention is to remove Windows Media Player 11. Thanks.

A:Windows XP - Software Updates missing from Control Panel's "Add or Remove Programs"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-software-updates-missing-from-control-panels-add-or-remove-programs.1015442/
Relevancy 95.46%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 95.46%

A few weeks ago a techie friend tidied up my Vista laptop Coincidentally a few days later when I switched on my desktop windows all my documents had disappeared I reinstalled from a backup I do think this must be a coincidence However I now find that after working on the desktop for a while clicking Start and then Control Panel or Computer result in a explorer exe quot System Failled Call quot window appearing Restarting clears this but it happens again I have scanned with AVG amp windows defender and also used the microsoft system scan tool Nothing untoward showed up Attempted a panel/computer in "System Clicking Call Start, results Failed" Control system restore but no luck as it wouldn't work I ran Task manager killed explorer exe went back into task manager new task and typed quot explorer exe quot This has worked for the moment Finally each time Clicking Start, Control panel/computer results in "System Call Failed" I close down I get the message programs are still running tho' none are listed My only option is to force closedown Clicking Start, Control panel/computer results in "System Call Failed" I feel these problems are all related Incidentally when another user logged in their closedown was clean Very confused Any help would be appreciated

A:Clicking Start, Control panel/computer results in "System Call Failed"

I first would create a new Restore Point. Then I would go to MSCONFIG via WinKey--R and either disable some startup items or select Diagnostic Startup. If these stop the problem then focus on what is enabled in a full boot - including non-MS services on the Services tab of MSCONFIG.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362957-clicking-start-control-panel-computer-results-system-call-failed.html
Relevancy 95.46%

HI,
I wanted to find out "mail" option in control panel of Vista. After a long time, I found out it somehow yesterday after going through "all control panel" items. But now I forgot how to go to "all control panel" items in vista directly.

A:how to view "all control panel" items in vista

select your view as Classic View (in LHS sidebar) when you open Control Panel from Start>Control Panel - close it as that and it should remember your preference so that next time you open it, it will open in Classic View

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-view-all-control-panel-items-in-vista-552322.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Did a search for "Indexing service" and was shown one result to see what was being indexed. After clicking the link, nothing happened. Tried it again, same result. Also, "Indexing Options" is not listed under control panel.
What's the problem here ??? Would appreciate HELP !!!!!!!!!!

Windows 7 HP

A:Control Panel Does Not Show "Indexing Options"

Hello Bej,

Double check in Windows Features to make sure that you have Windows Search checked. If you turn it off, this would remove Indexing Options in the Control Panel.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/195489-control-panel-does-not-show-indexing-options.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I noticed Kazaa came up during my virus scan. I uninstalled that program several years ago, which has me questioning whether any of the programs I had uninstalled through control panel-add/remove programs, actually removed all traces of it. Searching for files containing that keyword came up empty. Could anyone explain?

Also, how come the folder of the programs I uninstall not get deleted under "program files?"

A:Inquiry about "control panel - add/remove programs"

Many applications have very bad uninstallers. They don't really care about what happens if you are so rude as to decide that you don't want their programs. It shows a lack of integrity, or at least knowledge.

Get another uninstaller, like Your Uninstaller, or one that searches the registry and folders for all parts of an application and removes them all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inquiry-about-control-panel-add-remove-programs.608947/
Relevancy 95.46%

My control panel is gone and when i try to access it says its restricted by the adim I see a LOT of people recently having these same exact problems I acutally get a popup occasionaly from the spyware itself im assuming telling me I have spyware and I need to download something Here is the file Ive run adaware spydoctor and all No saying Control Restrictions/Pop up Panel/Admin "spyware" this ohter stuff and nothing No Control Panel/Admin Restrictions/Pop up saying "spyware" seems to be working This is a common problem latley ive googled it and nobody knows what is going on I read somewhere it could be trojan killav but i dont know Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System S EvMon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System RegSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c Toshiba Ivp Swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Firewall SymSPort exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS system printer exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATI HA EXE C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Ares Ares exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Cisco Systems Clean Access Agent CCAAgent exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System XConfig exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Adam Petersen Local Settings Application Data Trend Micro HCMS checkup en-US checkup exe C Documents and Settings Adam Petersen Local Settings Application Data Trend Micro HCMS checkup en-US checkupsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME ADAMPE LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http toshibadirect com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - Default URLSearchHook is missing F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system printer exe O - Toolbar My amp Search Bar - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - C Program Files MyWay myBar bin MYBAR DLL O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run PadTouch C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe... Read more

A:No Control Panel/Admin Restrictions/Pop up saying "spyware"

The exact error i get is:

Windows Security Alert

Warning! Potential Spyware Operation!
Your computer is making unauthorized copies of your system and Internet files. Run full scan now to pervent any "unathroised" (true spelling) access to your files! Click YES to download spyware remover...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-control-panel-admin-restrictions-pop-up-saying-spyware.622655/
Relevancy 95.46%

I went to use "Add and remove programmes" but it is missing from control panel.

I am running Windows XP Home.

I have used it within the last few months.

Thanks in advance for any constructive ideas.

A:Missing from control panel "add and remove programmes"

Hello thefrogg

Try a system restore.

If that does not help
Do a search on your hard disk for appwiz.cpl
If it is there its should be in the System32 folder.

If its not there it may be corrupted, go to START >RUN and type SFC /SCANNOW and hit enter.

Have your XP CD ready as it will ask for it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-from-control-panel-add-and-remove-programmes-436405.html
Relevancy 95.46%

In Windows 8.1 Update 1 I cannot change file associations whether I try to do so from Control Panel or from within an application. For example, here's the popular VLC Media Player file association preferences:
I cannot select (put a check mark) or de-select (remove a check mark) from any individual file association. If I click on the selection box, nothing happens. I have the same problem even if I open the application with elevated privileges. I can check the Select All box and all associations will be selected, but that's all I can do.

I can go to individual files and choose Open with and that association will stick, but it's far easier to select an application's default file associations at one time.

How can I make the Default Programs control panel set file associations?

A:"Default Programs" Control Panel Does Not Set Associations

Hello Daddyman,

Does clicking on Set this program as default for VLC in Default Programs like in step 4 below set them all to be associated to VLC?

Default Programs - Set Your Default Programs in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/56474-default-programs-control-panel-does-not-set-associations.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi I am running Windows bit I recently installed "applet" does panel one 7 in control - remove How Windows an some accounting software and then un-installed that same software When Windows 7 - How does one remove an "applet" in control panel the software was initially installed it also installed quot Firebird Server Manager quot When I un-installed the software I also un-installed quot Firebird Server Manager quot I used Revo Uninstaller Un-installation went fine However I noticed today that there is a quot Firebird Server Manager quot in my Control Panel When I click on it it brings up the windows box that asks quot Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer quot If I click quot no quot then nothing happens If I click quot yes quot then nothing happens How do I removed this icon from my control panel I have already un-installed the program from my computer and do not want its remnants cluttering up my control panel As an aside how can I prevent software from installing things in the control panel in the first place I imagine this is rare as I haven t experienced this before but now I know to look out for it in the future Best Chris nbsp

Relevancy 95.46%

I have a Dell Dimension 8400 running WinXP Pro with Service Pack 3 installed. I recently tried to remove a program using Control Panel's Add/Remove feature and all it says is how often I used all the listed programs. How do I regain full functionality?

A:Control Panel "Add/Remove" Programs is not working

See if this helps.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/15414

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/control-panel-add-remove-programs-is-not-working-351604.html
Relevancy 95.46%

As the title says, windows is for some reason not allowing me to click on "control panel" on the icon from "home".

I have a windows 7 and if im requested to use malwarebytes, please note it is expired. Thank you.

A:Windows (7) not allowing me to click "Control Panel"

Press Win key and R - to get command prompt
enter 'control' without the quotes.
How to Start the Control Panel from the Command Line: 5 Steps

Does this work?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/355128-windows-7-not-allowing-me-click-control-panel.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I have been having a devil of a time trying to get FEAR to run on my controllers" access Control "game in Panel can't desktop PC even though I have plenty of hardware Win XP SP GHz P G DDR SDRAM Geforce GS SB Live sound Direct-x c I have given up on that for now to chase a related I think problem I click on Game Controllers in Control Panel can't access "game controllers" in Control Panel and nothing happens I get an hourglass for a couple seconds and then nothing I have joysticks one a legacy MS Sidewinder that works through the SB game port That still works fine on games likeNeed for Speed I recently picked up a new Logitech USB stick and that works fine too But I can't get to the Game Controllers area to tweak drivers or delete the old MS Sidewinder from the system Also when I run dxdiag exe it aborts on the directinput part If I say OK to skip that it analyzes everything else just fine But there is someing f'ed up in the Windows game controller component Everything else in Control Panel works fine and the computer is otherwise running great I have updated the sound card drivers but I am wondering if one of the Windows service pack or security upgrades may have created an incompatibility with my sound card game port Any ideas how to recover this

A:can't access "game controllers" in Control Panel

Well, I managed to sleuth this out. I figured it had to be a conflict caused by the legacy (Win 95 vintage) MS Sidewinder joystick. So I went into Device Manager and selected Human Interface devices. Everything there had a name except one that was merely listed as a "HID-compliant device". I figured that had to to be the Sidewinder so I disabled it and lo and behold, the Game Controller selection in Control Panel was operative again! I opened that and deleted the MS Sidewinder and then went back into device manager-HID and deleted the driver. Too bad that some Win XP update caused this issue. The joystick was perfectly good and worked with XP without issues for many years. Now dxdiag runs with no issues and reports the keyboard, mouse, and Logitech stick. All is well again. :-)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-game-controllers-in-control-panel-142268.html
Relevancy 95.03%

I can't open mail quot icon quot in control panel office Home and business amp windows fully patched nothing happens just a short slowdown then this error Have replicated the error on three different PC's including x fresh install VM's using x different install CD's I have also deleted the mail profile and try again and try to repair office Have also tried Try to run the command quot Control mlcfg cpl quot and quot Control mlcfg cpl quot this does nothing win bit office bit have tried both and This is the event log error Faulting application name rundll exe version time stamp x Faulting module name KERNELBASE dll version time stamp x b e Exception code xc d e Fault offset x eec Faulting process id xc c Faulting application start time x cf de eb ddf Faulting application path C Windows SysWOW rundll exe Faulting module path C Windows SYSTEM KERNELBASE dll Report Id e a d-a d - e - - d a Faulting package full name Faulting package-relative application ID Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/611d2e5d-eca0-4e7d-8d50-702c70b455aa/cant-open-mail-quoticonquot-in-control-panel-office-2013-windows-81-fully-patched?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 94.6%

right now it's at "list" and it's too small to read. can i change the font size or maybe to
"small icons" or something readable?

thx

A:how can i change the "views" in control panel

Hello miltk,

If you like, you can switch the Control Panel to show in large icons view to help.

Control Panel View - Category or Icons

If you like: Control Panel Icons View Shortcut - Create

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343221-how-can-i-change-views-control-panel.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Win XP Home
Dell 8400
Recent Trojan infection sorted by AVG but leaving some problems
1) When My Computer accessed and Properties selected, error message:
Restrictions
This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.
2) Start/Settings : No Control Panel option shown.
Possibly some other changes that I am not yet aware of
Please advise course of action
Regards
John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-control-panel-restrictions-in-place.618237/
Relevancy 94.6%

I have an old ipod with lots of music on it, and a somewhat less old iphone with some more music on it, and a very new iphone I'd like to put all that music onto. :-)

I couldn't figure out how to do that -- itunes just lets you move "purchased music" around as far as I can tell -- but a search indicated that I need to make hidden files visible, go into my ipod's music folders, then manually move it.

I'm told that to do that I have to make hidden files visible and to do THAT I need to go into "Appearance and Personalization" in "Control Panel" and change the setting.

D'oh! Apparance and Personalization DOES NOT EXIST on my control panel!

Any ideas?

A:No "Appearance and Personalization" in Control Panel

Click on the Windows Explorer icon in your Task Bar in Windows Explorer go to Tools/Folder Options/View/ check the radio button Show Hidden Files and Folders and Drives. When that is done go to C:/Users/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media to access your stored iTunes Music iTunes for Windows: Moving your iTunes Media folder

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-appearance-and-personalization-in-control-panel-611318.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I have not been able to open "display" to set screen saver, monitor shutdown, etc. since I shut those things down to play Wolfenstein without interruptions during an extended pause. I tried system restore with no results other than scaring myself.
There may or may not be any connection with the game. I know the game needed to be run in windows 95 (I am running xp) and I think some settings in display were changed to run the game. I thought of deleting the game but I'm not done with it yet and I had to return the disc to the library.
I tried several things to get this function back, but it's beyond my limited abilities. Thanks in advance.
Ladd [email protected]

A:can't open "display" in control panel

Try booting to "safe mode" . . . and adjusting your screen settings.

Reboot - press F8 just before Windows starts.

If it will boot normally in save mode, you should be able to recapture control.

Jon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-display-in-control-panel-5543.html
Relevancy 94.6%

When I try to open display to set my screen saver, and monitor shutdown, etc., I get a quick hourglass flash and then nothing happens. Starting the computer in safe mode doesn't help. I tried doing a system restore to a time somewhere before I installed my wolfenstein game which is when I last used display with no result. Right clicking on display and choosing open has the same result.
Could I have deleted something in windows by mistake on one of my disc cleanup missions? Can I use my emergency recovery cd's

A:can't open "display" in control panel

Is this a brand name computer Like Compaq or HP. Or is it a home built type?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-display-in-control-panel-5621.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I startup, gone, etc. control panel "Spy at Shredder" have run into some problems which I believe are being caused by viruses or spyware or malware or whatever it may be called When I fist start up my computer a program called SpyShredder appears trying to get me to buy their service I also have lost the ability to access my control panel or to access the add remove programs feature "Spy Shredder" at startup, control panel gone, etc. on my computer Furthermore I cannot access the McAfee website though I can get to others I'm posting my HijackThis Log below thank you in advance for any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system regsvr exe C WINDOWS mrofinu exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Web Buying v webbuying exe C Program Files Sony Handheld HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP OfficeJet T Series Bin HPOstr exe C Program Files Intuit QuickBooks Premier - Accountant Edition Components QBAgent qbdagent exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files RABCO X RABCOse exe C Program Files Batco X bat exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP OfficeJet T Series bin HPOVDX EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox MMDiag exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files McAfee MSC mcshell exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Microsoft Works WkDStore exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS mcvsshld exe C Documents and Settings John Desktop Items of Import HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell me com myway F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS shell exe O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run IntelMeM C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run I... Read more

A:"Spy Shredder" at startup, control panel gone, etc.

Hi, if you still need help, please post a fresh HijackThis log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/spy-shredder-at-startup-control-panel-gone-etc-228971.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello,
I couldn't find in control panel how to configure Outlook 2007 profiles. I found the answer on this forum:

>
> "ThePro" wrote:
>
>> You may have to switch the Control Panel to "Classic view".
>>
>> Alternatively, try to double-click MLCFG32.CPL in the Office 12 folder.
>>
>> ThePro
>>

Classic viewdoesn't have Mail either. However, I found the mentioned file, double-clicked on it and everything can be done. My question is:

how the hell can it be that configuring email is not present in control panel?

I can of course create a short-cut to this file and place it on my desktop (apparently can't place it within Control Panel), but I'd definetely like to have a cleaner solution. Any advice?

Thanks in advance
Giacomo

http://www.vistax64.com/software/213599-mail-not-control-panel.html
Relevancy 92.88%

When I try to open "Control Panel" it gives me an error dialog box that says Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. "Control Panel" has been taking longer and longer to load, but now it just stops. Running Windows XP Service Pack 2. Suggestions?

Relevancy 92.88%

problem.............am trying to remove "juno" from add/remove in control panel. nothing happens when i hit change/remove.
i can remove other programs easily except this one.
how do i get rid of juno????????????????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

herb

A:control panel - "add/remove"

There should be a folder in Program Files. Is there an uninstall file in there? If so, use that. Also I got this from another site:

Uninstall Juno steps:

1. Click on the Windows Start button, select Control Panel.

2. Double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon.

3. Click once on Juno to highlight it and click on the Add/Remove button.

4. Click OK then OK again and close the Control Panel.

5. Click on the Windows Start button, point to All Programs and select Windows Explorer.

6. Double-click the Program Files folder in the left-side window.

7. If you see a Juno folder, highlight it and press the Delete key on your keyboard to remove it.

8. Close Windows Explorer.

9. Double-click the My Computer icon on your desktop.

10. Double-click the Dial-Up Networking icon.

11. Click once on the Juno icon to highlight it and press the Delete key on your keyboard to remove it.

---------------------------------------------

And this:

Cannot uninstall Juno

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/control-panel-add-remove.395883/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hey
I got Windows XP Home SP2 and I'm missing the control panel. This is a new computer. I can't find it anywhere.
Please Help
Thanks

Relevancy 91.59%

I am running both the 32-bit W7 OS on one machine and the 64-bit OS on another machine. Love it!, BUT on the 32-bit machine a lot of commands don't seem to work. For example, when I click on Control Panel nothing happens. Same is true with Personalize. Anybody got any ideas what the problem is and how to fix it. I may be posting in the wrong place, but this seemed like as good a place as any.

A:Problems - Control Panel and Personalize do not open

Have you tried running the System File Checker? Type CMD.EXE in the search dialog box at the bottom of the Start Menu, hit Ctrl-Shift-Enter to Run as Administrator, then type SFC /SCANNOW at the DOS prompt.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/19566-problems-control-panel-personalize-do-not-open.html
Relevancy 91.59%

i am using windows 7 professional.Personalize and control panel are not opening although i had not installed third party manager.Please help me out

A:personalize doesnt opens and control panel too...

Hi and welcome to the Forum.
When did this problem start and what have you installed recently? When did you install Win 7 Professional as I don't think the Professional version was pre installed on your laptop??

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/293092-personalize-doesnt-opens-control-panel-too.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I recently reformatted my main of partition holding Windows XP home and program files the C drive due to a virus All my files were on a nd partition D that wasn System Setting part.; Partition Complicated part.; "Active" Boot as not same etc Q's: Solved: t formatted in order to save my files After reinstalling WinXP I then moved my files to the OS partition and formatted the nd partition as well trying to give my whole drive a good clean Unfortunately when rebooting my machine wouldn t start up Solved: Complicated Partition Q's: Setting "Active" part.; Boot not same as System part.; etc because quot NTLDR file is missing quot I realized it was looking for NTLDR on the D drive Files drive and thus solved the problem by using my XP setup CD to copy NTLDR Solved: Complicated Partition Q's: Setting "Active" part.; Boot not same as System part.; etc ntdetect com and Boot ini on to the D drive Then I ran Bootcfg from the XP setup CD recovery consol to set Boot ini to point to my windows XP installation on the C drive So now it starts up fine but clearly my computer is recognizing the D partition as the quot Active quot partition when the C partition really should be it So I would like to get things back to normal but I can t figure out how to reset which partition is considered quot Active quot When I use PartitionMagic the option to quot Set as Active quot my C partition is unavailable in part I suspect because for some reason my OS partition with WinXP on it C is set up as a quot Logical quot partition and not a quot Primary quot partition Furthermore there is this unexplained quot Extended quot partition w no drive letter that is exactly the same size the C drive I read that quot extended quot partitions are used when you want to have more than partitions on a drive but I only want Anyway basically my questions are this Why is the C drive listed as a quot Logical quot partition and is the mirrored quot Extended quot unlabeled partition really necessary Wouldn t it make sense just to have two quot Primary quot partitions instead of one primary and one logical How can I go about resetting my C drive as the quot Active quot partition since it has Windows on it For some reason this functionality in PartitionMagic is unavailable and though I have heard this is possible with the quot Disk Management quot snap-in tool in XP s Computer Management I can t figure out how to do it Finally when examining my hard drive in quot Disk Management quot it states that my C drive is the quot Boot quot drive but the D drive is the quot system quot drive This seems backward to what I think is the case and I don t know how to make the C drive both the Boot drive and the System drive I want the D drive to be JUST for data files so as to have some level of protection from system crashes For clarification I have attached screen shots of both PartitionMagic s map of my Hard Drive and Disk Management s drive info as well Booth are below Thanks in advance if anyone can help me nbsp

A:Solved: Complicated Partition Q's: Setting "Active" part.; Boot not same as System part.; etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-complicated-partition-qs-setting-active-part-boot-not-same-as-system-part-etc.502685/
Relevancy 89.44%

I have just had a run in with please help another panel" SOS! "control some virus another "control panel" SOS! please help spyware issues that I have resolved Unfortunately I have the quot This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Please contact your system administrator quot problem now I cannot see my control panel ANYONE THAT CAN HELP PLEASE DO I would most grateful I so far have run Norton It didn t catch anything Solo Antivirus SmitfraudFix SUPERAntiSpyware My Hijack this log is as follows which I have no idea how to read Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue CS bin VersionCueCS exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe c program files microsoft corporation msn remote record service remoterecordclient exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WMP Gv exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue CS data database bin mysqld-nt exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS ARPWRMSG EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files DISC DISCover exe C Program Files HP DigitalMedia Archive DMAScheduler exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Boot Optimizer HPBootOp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exe C Program Files Microsoft Corporation MSN Remote Record service rrtray exe C Program Files DISC DiscUpdMgr exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue CS ControlPanel VersionCueCS Tray exe C Program Files DISC DiscStreamHub exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroDist exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files SanDisk Sansa Updater SansaDispatch exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C SRNMIC SOLOSENT EXE C SRNMIC SOLOCFG EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrobat sl exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C DOCUME HP ADM LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN CA amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar The nssfrch - D C... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-control-panel-sos-please-help.644418/
Relevancy 89.01%

This is my first post here. I have exhausted all other options and hope someone can give me some direction here. I'm running Vista and have had a recurrence lately when i try to open "my computer" I get the error message "windows explorer has stopped working and needs to restart", then it cycles and the second message appears " windows explorer is restarting", however I still am unable to open the folder. I have tried updating drivers, changing antivirus programs, checkdisk, i ran hijack this the log is below. I also started in safe mode and DO NOT have the problem in safe mode. Any ideas?

I attached the hijack this log seeing it won't allow me to paste it here, sats it has links in it.

A:"Windows Explorer has stopped working and needs to restart" in Vista,

Sounds like an infection (or a driver issue due to the fact you can access via Safe Mode). The best advice we can give you is to go to our Virus and Malware Removal forum.

Normally we would say to read the 8 step sticky and follow it step by step and when you go to post attach the required logs.

However, you can't access the internet on your possibly infected system. I would still post there and let them know of your issues. Either Bobbye or Broni or someone else will see your post and give excellent suggestions and help.

Make sure the tile of your post is solidly descriptive such as "Help: Can't Access Internet to Run 8 Steps" or some such thing.

Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-and-needs-to-restart-in-vista.148296/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi All

As of recently, my desktop wallpaper does not want to change size when I go to Personalize>Desktop Background>Picture Position. I chooses "Stretch" everytime even though I try using Center, Fit etc...This happens with different images at different sizes each...How to fix this? (Windows 7 Ultimate)

Thank you

A:Solved: Desktop Wallpaper does not change size in "Personalize" Settings

is the wallpaper a picture you have downloaded

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-desktop-wallpaper-does-not-change-size-in-personalize-settings.1071892/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello I'm not really new to this vista System window desktop Personalize and disabled!! Properties, on control panel experience and all i have no serious problems encountered before aside from a few lags in the system when it starts or opens an application but just recently well yesterday I tried opening my system properties to run my OS in very minimal visual effects since it was running a little slow again I was not able to open the thing after right clicking the properties window in Computer also i have tried going to control panel but the only thing i can see after i click on the control panel button is a window with an empty space named windows explorer and it suddenly closed after like a second or so also i tried also opening my quot personalize quot on the desktop and it has the same response as with my control panel what probably is the problem with my computer i System Properties, Personalize window on desktop and control panel disabled!! read that it could be a malware but my anti-virus could not detect anything at all

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-properties-personalize-window-on-desktop-and-control-panel-disabled-339491.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I'm trying to remove the Personalize option of the desktop context menu via GPO - if I use the Microsoft.Personalization object in the User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Hide Specified Control Panel items GPO then the item is removed from control panel as expected, but the menu item remains in the desktop context menu and clicking on it throws a generic "Unspecified Error" pop upIs there a better way to achieve this?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c1652add-d373-4b03-889c-11f0a3e4fff3/removing-quotpersonalizequot-item-from-desktop-context-menu-via-gpo-?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi All

As of recently, my desktop wallpaper does not want to change size when I go to Personalize>Desktop Background>Picture Position. I chooses "Stretch" everytime even though I try using Center, Fit etc...This happens with different images at different sizes each...How to fix this?

Thank you

A:Desktop Wallpaper does not change size in "Personalize" Settings

Hello ,

Hewlett Packard came out with a fix to solve the problem of wallpaper being stuck on Stretch.
Although it started its life as an HP fix, it also works with non-HP machines.

Try this : ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45575.exe

Hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/257305-desktop-wallpaper-does-not-change-size-personalize-settings.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi,
I installed windows 7 operating system(Ultimate) on my machine today.later I found that the programs that were supposed to be shown in "Install/Uninstall" tab of control panel were not visible not even the programs that are installed as part of OS installation.I went through your previous posts about the similar kind of issue but couldn't get much luck out of it.Please help me to come out of this situation as it is worrying me much.Hope to listen from you very soon.

Regards
Showkat Bashir

A:[SOLVED] No programs showing in &quot;Install/UnInstall programs&quot; in control panel

Hello showkat

Please click Start -> in the search box type in CMD -> Right click on CMD and choose 'Run as Admin' -> inside the dos windows type in REGSVR32 APPWIZ.CPL

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-no-programs-showing-in-and-quot-install-uninstall-programs-and-quot-in-control-panel-834010.html
Relevancy 88.58%

HI,

I'm getting this stupid error when trying to view: Control Panel\System and Security\System

"The page failed to load"

Don't know if you need it but I added a HJT log...

Thanks!

Relevancy 88.15%

I recently received an old laptop that was factory restored from a relative and started using to play games Recently however I began to receive the message quot windows explorer is not working quot on startup on Not Explorer screen blank message Working" Start-up,causes "Windows and about half the times it would go away and I would be able to use the computer if i hit cancel a lot of times and half the times it would just cause the interface to disappear leaving only the background and I would have to restart The error would not pop up when I clicked on a folder which is different from the problem that others have and seems to only appear upon startup and when trying to access Event Viewer "Windows Explorer Not Working" message on Start-up,causes blank screen however I "Windows Explorer Not Working" message on Start-up,causes blank screen managed to open it up through quot event logs quot So far I have tried -System Restore dates don't reach far back enough oddly -Uninstalling programs that may cause this -zip etc -Running a anti-virus scan Malwarebytes Pro -Startup Repair -Sfc scannow in both normal and safe modes -Memory Diagnostic Tool RAM scanner -Updating Drivers -Updating Windows And I think that's it so far Here is the error I found in the Event Viewer Faulting application name Explorer EXE version time stamp x d ee Faulting module name MSVCR dll version time stamp x db a Exception code xc Fault offset x c Faulting process id x c Faulting application start time x cf c e e Faulting application path C Windows Explorer EXE Faulting module path C Windows system MSVCR dll Report Id dd e -c - e - c - f e I'm not really good at understanding what this means but I'm assuming theres a problem with a file inside system and I don't want to touch the folder without some help and or guidance Thank you

A:"Windows Explorer Not Working" message on Start-up,causes blank screen

Maybe the best thing to do is to restore it to it's factory new state again and start over.

You can usually do that from the Start Menu or by pressing a Fn key during boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/329088-windows-explorer-not-working-message-start-up-causes-blank-screen.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I have Windows XP. When I open Windows Explorer the left "all Folders" pane is gray and does not display anything. I have tried the Microsoft site and all they have is a solution for Win98. I did install SP1 about a week ago and don't know if this may be the problem. Please Help!!!!!

A:[Resolved] Windows Explorer"All Folders" pane is blank (Gray)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-windows-explorer-all-folders-pane-is-blank-gray.110899/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi
I have two networks showing. I use the one called Ghi
The second one I think is a leftover from when I had this computer set to share printing and files with another computer on my home network.
Is it safe to delete the second one if my assumption is true that it is a leftover?

Hasiel in Sunny AB

A:Two networks showing on my "Manage Wireless Networks" in Control Panel

If you're not using it, yes.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/302347-two-networks-showing-my-manage-wireless-networks-control-panel.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello everyone how are you!

I have a question, actually I'm development a application for sharing internet connection. I'm using "Wireless Hosted Network and Internet Connection Sharing" that it's in https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd815252%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

I want change default IP Address range and I have read that these settings it's in next address:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters.

My question is, How I can restart or update the "Internet Connection Shraring" or "Wireless Hosted Network" after I change the IP Address range for that assign IP Address different to default.

Thank you!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9cad8769-ac99-4437-8b52-752a0cf85da9/restart-or-update-the-quotinternet-connection-shraringquot-or-quotwireless-hosted?forum=netmon
Relevancy 87.72%

Okay so I ll just describe what I know "Personalize" options menu... with Problems I have a background for my desktop for a while But one time I boot up and my desktop is white I am too busy to mess with it and figure it will restore on reboot After a few shut downs and boots I realize that its still there So I right-click my desktop and go to personalize However Problems with "Personalize" options menu... not all the options are there There s no option to change the background image The only options there are Windows Color and Appearance Sounds Mouse Pointers Theme Display Settings Problems with "Personalize" options menu... So I go to my backgrounds folder and I right click a file and click quot Use As Desktop Background quot This works although I cant set it to stretch to fit the desktop or anything Later I try and add a short cut to a menu of the Recycle Bin I use rocket dock which means I make the mistake often of trying to drag and drop somethign FROM it which deletes the link When I have done this with the recycle bin before yes Problems with "Personalize" options menu... once before I had gone to the personalize option menu and clicked quot Change desktop icons quot It s there but when I click it I get the blue info circle and the following message quot Your system administrator has disabled the launching of the Display Settings Control Panel quot I m the system administrator and only user on this computer and I didn t mess with anything like that could I get some help with this Thanks a million This is pretty urgent because my Hard Drive is getting full and I cant empty the Recycle Bin heh heh nbsp

Relevancy 87.72%

I think I have a virus My Explorer home page keeps changing to ABOUT BLANK a Spyware detected message appears a HOTSYNC illegal operation message appears the Freecell game also produces an illegal operation I ve tried running CWShredder Spybot - search and destroy nothing helps Here is my HiJackThis log any suggestions appriciated I also have Windows installed on the same pc do I need to produce a seperate hijackthis log "about:blank" to reverts explorer home page for that Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at explorer home page reverts to "about:blank" on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES TREND MICRO PC-CILLIN PCCIOMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES TREND MICRO PC-CILLIN PCCPFW EXE C PROGRAM FILES SYMANTEC PCANYWHERE PCAMGT EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MDM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RPCSS EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MDM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM INTERNAT EXE C PROGRAM FILES TREND MICRO PC-CILLIN PCCGUIDE EXE C PROGRAM FILES TREND MICRO PC-CILLIN PCCCLIENT EXE C PROGRAM FILES TREND MICRO PC-CILLIN POP TRAP EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB REALSCHED EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINZIP WZQKPICK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES TREND MICRO PC-CILLIN WEBTRAP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C PROGRAM FILES OUTLOOK EXPRESS MSIMN EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINZIP WINZIP EXE C WINDOWS TEMP HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar file C WINDOWS TEMP sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page file C WINDOWS TEMP sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant file C WINDOWS TEMP sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar file C WINDOWS TEMP sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page file C WINDOWS TEMP sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant file C WINDOWS TEMP sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank O - BHO myBar BHO - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - C PROGRAM FILES MYWAY MYBAR BIN MYBAR DLL O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - E -BC - D - C A- F E E - C WINDOWS SYSTEM LPBEAC DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar amp SearchBar - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - C PROGRAM FILES MYWAY MYBAR BIN MYBAR DLL O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Machine Debug Manager C WINDOWS SYSTEM MDM EXE O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run internat exe internat exe O - HKLM Run pccguide exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin pccguide exe quot O - HKLM Run PCCIOMON exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin PCCIOMON exe quot O - HKLM Run PCCClient exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin PCCClient exe quot O - HKLM Run Pop trap exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin Pop trap exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices PCCIOMON exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin PCCIOMON exe quot O - HKLM RunServices PCCPFW C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin PCCPFW exe O - HKLM RunServices pcAnywhere Agent C Program Files Symantec pcAnywhe... Read more

A:explorer home page reverts to "about:blank"

Hi rambleon

Welcome to TSG!

Run Hijack This again and put a check by these. Close ALL windows except HijackThis and click "Fix checked"

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = file://C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\sp.html

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = file://C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\sp.html

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = file://C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\sp.html

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = file://C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\sp.html

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = file://C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\sp.html

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = file://C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\sp.html

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank

O2 - BHO: myBar BHO - {0494D0D1-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\MYWAY\MYBAR\1.BIN\MYBAR.DLL

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {409806E0-BC45-11D8-8C4A-00500F576E2E} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LPBEAC.DLL

O3 - Toolbar: &SearchBar - {0494D0D9-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\MYWAY\MYBAR\1.BIN\MYBAR.DLL

Restart to safe mode.

How to start your computer in safe mode

In safe mode find and delete:

The C:\PROGRAM FILES\MYWAY folder

Also in safe mode navigate to the C:\Windows\Temp folder. Open the Temp folder and go to Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-home-page-reverts-to-about-blank.238271/
Relevancy 86.86%

I am running Win 98 and IE6.0. I have had a few issues with parasites affecting system performance, but most of these seem to have been sorted. BUT I am left with my home page constantly set to "about:blank" and this really annoying search facility coming up as my home page - I cant get rid of it what ever i try!

Please help...!!?

Relevancy 86.43%

Hello,
For some reason, there is no sign of Sapi 5 in my computer. I have installed SAPI 5 and SAPI 5.1, and although I get the modify/repair/remove prompt when running the installation file again, there is still no text-to-speech tab in the speech applet. I have also tried registering whatever sapi.dll file I could find in my computer, to no end.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone, and great work with the forum!

Relevancy 86.43%

ie9 new browser opens "blank" windows 7. Changing it to "home" doesn't last if you shut down. Next session, it still opens "blank"

A:ie9 new browser opens "blank" windows 7. Changing it to "home" doesn't

Welcome to Seven Forums bobbot11. Help us understand. When you 1st open IE, it opens to a blank page instead of your home page? Or is opening new tabs that open a blank tab? Or is opening a new window that opens a blank window?

If IE is opening to a blank page instead of a home page you have set, try re-registering IE.

Download the IE Restorator, and choose Re-register 32 bit IE in (whichever version your OS is) W7

SF IE Restorator - Troubleshooting General Issues with IE

See if that helps. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/263674-ie9-new-browser-opens-blank-windows-7-changing-home-doesnt.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm using Outlook 2003. I'm designing a new Contacts screen, which better suits the needs of my business.

I have been able to figure out how to everything except for this:

How to I design the "date" and "dollar amount" field values to default to blank/empty instead of defaulting to the word "None" in the case of the "date" field and "$0.00" in the case of the "dollar amount" field?

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-outlook-2003-how-to-get-date-and-fields-to-default-to-blank-empty.651580/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi,

I've recently noticed two entries at the top of the Task Manager which have blank "user name" and "description" fields. The first entry is about 1,300K, and the other is 660K.

When I right click on either, I can select "Perform Administrative Task". If I choose to do so, the blank entries disappear, and the "show processes from all users" box is checked.

I wonder if this is a security issue that Spybot, Windows Defender and AVG Free haven't picked up.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager-2-entries-at-the-top-with-blank-username-and-description-fields.770104/
Relevancy 86.43%

Windows XP SP2

Ok, I tried some things in other threads but to no avail. But some threads are having my same problems. First this about:blank crap is always my home page even if I change it, as well as these porn links in my favorites list. I've run scans with 5 different virus/ adware scan programs but it doesn't fix it. However, it got even worse-- I can no longer open things like My Computer, My Documents or even Control Panel to try and uninstall software. When I try to open any folder my computer freezes temp. and I get the following message: "DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

PLEASE Somebody help me. I have hijack this, if that helps. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

A:Solved: I can't open anything "Dr. wtsn error" & I can't remove "blank: about" adware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-cant-open-anything-dr-wtsn-error-i-cant-remove-blank-about-adware.340831/
Relevancy 86%

When I right-click on an open portion of the desktop, the dropdown menu that appears has two Personalize buttons. One takes me to the correct personalization window. The other doesn't. Clicking and right-clicking on that button brings up a window that says "Your Windows 7 edition is not supported." How do I delete this second Personalize button?

Thanks.

A:Delete one of two "Personalize" buttons

That's an interesting one, did you install something that may have added that?

You didn't happen to install the program in option two of this tutorial did you?

Desktop Background Wallpaper - Change in Windows 7 Starter

I know it adds the personalize option to Starter and Home Basic versions.

We have a tutorial to remove personalize from the context menu, you can see if it removes both, the same tutorial shows how to add it back,

Personalize - Add or Remove from Desktop Context Menu

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/292682-delete-one-two-personalize-buttons.html
Relevancy 86%

Only a couple of my chosen sounds play when I customize the sound scheme.
Shutdown/log off works.Open and close program sounds work.
I run as administrator without a password since I am the only one with access to this machine.Would not logging in with a password have anything to do with the sound scheme?
All the sounds play when I test them,just never when I have set them to play.
Neither windows log on or system start plays a sound,although I don't log on with a password,I still start my machine.
I do not use Aero.I use windows 7 basic theme with my chosen sound scheme.
Not a big issue,more curious than anything. I do get a welcome sound sometimes when I start up but that sound is not one I have selected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/curious-about-sounds-in-personalize.889539/
Relevancy 85.57%

Windows XP SP I have two main problems and from some of the other threads I ve viewed they might error Hijack this "blank: HELP! "DrWatson" spyware included. log and about" be related Whenever I try to open quot My Computer quot or quot Control Panel quot etc I get this quot DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot Then my system freezez up for a while until I CTRL ALT DEL and end quot drwtsn quot manually "DrWatson" error and "blank: about" spyware HELP! Hijack this log included. I think I have some adware My internet hope page keeps reverting to quot about blank quot regardless of what I change it to I am also getting some porn links in my quot favorites quot list and if I delete them they just go back I ve run scans with Norton AdAware SE SpyBot and Nod and I also have SpywareBlaster running I don t know what to do Please help Here s my hijack this scan Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system javail exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system sysqy exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C Documents and Settings Quicksilver Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www emachines com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - no file O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - E A -DE C- E C-EE -ABB D F A E - C WINDOWS ntnj dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run winuf exe C WINDOWS system winuf exe O - HKLM Run sysqy exe C WINDOWS system sysqy exe O - HKLM RunOnce javail exe C WINDOWS system javail exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - Extra context menu item amp MSN Search - res C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dll search htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Exc... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drwatson-error-and-blank-about-spyware-help-hijack-this-log-included.341170/
Relevancy 85.57%

I have some irritating hijackers adwares on my computer There are the Home Search Assistent Search Extender Shopping Wizard programs that I cannot delete There is my hijackers taken have Search over Assistent" and "about:blank" "Home computer! also the about blank hijacker that keeps taking over my home page Then I also see this fake warning about quot your computer might be at risk quot and that wants me to download a searchclick cc file or something "Home Search Assistent" and "about:blank" hijackers have taken over my computer! I would appreciate any help Here is my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT System acs exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system javaot exe C WINNT System Ati evxx exe C WINNT system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINNT ieac exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files D-Link AirPlus G Wireless Adapter Utility AirPlus exe C Program Files palmOne Hotsync exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Class - EE B EF-CEA - AD - FDD-ECAA CC C - C WINNT system wingu dll O - BHO no name - F AF- C - - D C- C DD C - no file O - BHO no name - F F-B FA- FEB- E F- AEB D A - no file O - BHO no name - B BCC -E -A AC- B - B AF E F - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll file missing O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run GWMDMpi C WINNT GWMDMpi exe O - HKLM Run Ink Monitor C Program Files EPSON Ink Monitor InkMonitor exe O - HKLM Run dmjziw c winnt system kxfcxdy exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run javamr exe C WINNT javamr exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp... Read more

A:"Home Search Assistent" and "about:blank" hijackers have taken over my computer!

Hi there and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem a.s.a.p

Please be patient with me during this time.

We also suggest that you Subscribe to this thread to be notified of fixes as soon as they are posted by our Team. You can do this simply by clicking the "Thread Tools" button located in the original thread line and selecting "Subscribe to this Thread".

regards
alba

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/home-search-assistent-and-about-blank-hijackers-have-taken-over-my-computer-92333.html