Windows Support Forum

Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games

Q: Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games

I come here in need of some help I ve been troubleshooting this issue for quite some time and have not been able games goes while few a for seconds playing Screen black to find the solution on my own The issue Sometimes when I play games my screen Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games will go black at a random time for a a period of time sometimes only lasting - seconds other times lasting up to a minute and then recovers itself and I m able to continue playing The sound continues playing during the black outs but I have no control of my computer Can t see anything and cannot use commands like ctrl alt del Sometimes when my computer recovers from the black screen I can hear the fans on my GPU boost up to about I have setting in MSI afterburner to Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games increase my fan speeds as the temperature of my card goes up Sometimes when recovering from a black screen my fans will go up from to like Then it stays at for the remainder of the time until I reset my computer Once my computer is reset my card will run at the again Background and computer information This issue did not start happening until I installed and new graphics card and reinstalled windows The GPU was tested before I reinstalled windows and everything ran perfect no blackouts I reinstalled windows because I got an SSD here are my specs as of now CPU FX- MOBO Asrock Extreme RAM gb DDR and gb DDR SSD gb w windows installed on it GPU Radeon r upgraded from a radeon which ran perfect PSU w Corsair few last things to add that may be helpful - I have not experienced any black screens when using my computer and not playing games - I typically play low-end games like league of legends which aren t too intensive on the gpu - When I load into the UEFI my RAM displays as all sticks running at MHz Even though of my sticks are - my gpu has never gone over degrees since ive installed it so I dont think its an over-heating issue If you need any other information let me know and ill be happy to provide it Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated I m going crazy right now because I can t figure this thing out lol Thanks so much - Nick nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds-while-playing-games.207781/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 109.65%

I come here in need of some help I've been troubleshooting this issue for quite some time and have not a while goes seconds few 290) playing (R9 for black Screen games been able to find the solution on my own The issue Sometimes when I play games my screen will go black at a random time for a a period of time sometimes only lasting - seconds other times lasting up to a minute and then recovers itself and i'm able to continue playing The sound continues playing during the black outs but i have no control of my computer Can't see anything and cannot use commands like ctrl alt del Sometimes when my computer recovers from the black screen i can hear the fans on my GPU boost up to about I have setting in MSI afterburner to increase my fan speeds as the temperature of my card goes up Sometimes when recovering from a black screen my fans will go up from to like Then it stays Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games (R9 290) at for the remainder of the time until i reset my computer Once my computer is reset my card will run at the again Background and computer information This issue did not start happening until I installed and new graphics card and reinstalled windows The GPU was tested before I reinstalled windows and everything ran perfect Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games (R9 290) no blackouts I reinstalled windows because I got an SSD here are my specs as of now CPU FX- MOBO Asrock Extreme RAM gb DDR and gb DDR SSD gb w windows installed on it GPU Radeon r upgraded from a radeon which ran perfect PSU w Corsair few last things to add that may be helpful - I have not experienced any black screens when using my computer and not playing games - I typically play low-end games like league of legends which aren't too intensive on the gpu - When i load into the UEFI my RAM displays as all sticks running at MHz Even though of my sticks are - my gpu has never gone over degrees since ive installed it so i dont think its an over-heating issue If you need any other information let me know and ill be happy to provide it Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated I'm going crazy right now because i can't figure this thing out lol Thanks so much - Nick

A:Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games (R9 290)

Before I answer your main question...

Quote:
When i load into the UEFI, my RAM displays as all sticks running at 1600 MHz. Even though 2 of my sticks are 1866.

That's normal. Your RAM will always clock at the lowest speed for the sticks in use. In this case 1600, because they are the lower speed of the two sets, so all the RAM clocks at that speed.

On to the video problem...

I have the same issue in Bioshock Infinite, the screen will black out after about 5 minutes of play, but I can hear everything. I discovered that its a problem in Catalyst Control Center. Setting the fan to auto speed will have it run about 20% and that's fine for normal use, but it never increases with the card temperature. It seems to be a bug. What I had to do was to set the fan to manual and run the fan at about 60% (can barely hear it). No more black screens.

I don't have the same card as you, but the problem I was having is the same as yours. I can't say I think much of AMD's temperature sensors on their graphics card either. Mine is always about 20 lower than my fan controller's temp reading says. No wonder my fans won't go faster. Afterburner may be having the same problem and not increasing your fan speed enough. If it's reading the wrong temperature...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/356750-screen-goes-black-few-seconds-while-playing-games-r9-290-a.html
Relevancy 87.72%

When I'm playing a game called Elsword my screen has been freezing up for - seconds I look at my task manger and everything seems to be fine my memory is low on top of my cpu Nothing is eating it all up So I don't understand what's going on I defragged my entire computer Used a full anti virus scan on it with Norton AVG and Advance System Care Nothing seems to be fixing this issue I already updated my entire computer Some things I haven't updated quite yet which are my driver mangers I will provide a screen shot if you think any playing games, screen randomly for freezes up 2-5 seconds. When of this will even effect it I also haven't updated my graphics card yet cause it just won't let me update for some strange reason Also this didn't happen till days ago I've been playing Elsword for years so it's not my computer specs not meeting the requirement So please don't assume that's the case my computer is not old either

A:When playing games, screen randomly freezes up for 2-5 seconds.

Try doing a System Restore System Restore to a date before you had the problem. If this doesn't work, we can try again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357649-when-playing-games-screen-randomly-freezes-up-2-5-seconds.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Here's what's going on let me know if you need more information from me Games screen seconds minutes. - 10 between to 30 crash black I'm running Bootcamp on a mid- quot macbook pro MacBookPro - the one with the i cpu It has a Geforce m GPU I've been playing fairly graphic intensive games on it since I first bought it bioshock games fallout gta etc Recently I'd been playing Fallout New Vegas I got through about hours of New Vegas fine then it started to occasionally crash to a black screen the audio would loop and I would have to manually reboot Usually this would happen within seconds of loading up a save It happened rarely enough though that Games crash to black screen between 30 seconds - 10 minutes. I was able to play another hours without too much frustration occasionally have to deal with the crash This usually seemed to happen after waking the computer up from sleeping and would be fixed with one reboot Then I got Mass effect and started seeing this same crash black screen looped audio manual reboot required So i fired up New Vegas to compare the crashes and see what was going on and I found that New Vegas now consistently crashes in under minutes usually in under Every once in a while windows will recover the game itself would crash but I wouldn't need to reboot and I'd get a message about a display driver not responding and then being repaired or something of that nature It would show up and disappear so I don't have the exact message My reliability monitor gave me this Source Windows Summary Video hardware error Date PM Status Report sent Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA B BCP FFFFF F C D BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Bucket ID X x Tdr IMAGE nvlddmkm sys Server information b - - db-bc -a aec d d So I've tried a bunch of things - I manually set my fans to the full rpms and monitored my gpu temp and many times that it crashed it was lt C - I ran the game in Windowed Mode watched it get the gpu up to about C level out and play on fine for about half an hour - I booted into OSX and played Amnesia on high settings for an hour no problems - I stress tested with FurMark windowed AND fullscreen and got the GPU up to C but only for about seconds until it dropped down to C and leveled out again No crashes for minutes - Updated the drivers to the newest ones and also ran Driver Fusion to remove remnants of old drivers Windows would automatically put some other nvidia drivers on whenever I rebooted however so I'm not sure if I was ever able to FULLY remove ALL the NVIDIA drivers - Tried the games with the automatic drivers as well as the newest drivers both still crashed - Uninstalled and reinstalled the game Still crashing - Uninstalled Mass effect completely since this was when the problems seemed to get worse Couple things that seem important to me to note Windowed Mode seems to work fine Pretty peculiar because its running the same resolution x and shouldn't be easier on the GPU correct OSX side has no problems Doesn't seem hardware related DXDiag says my directx version is but my GPU can only handle Maybe this is significant Apple won't help me because I can't show a problem in OSX I'm pretty on my own for any bootcamp issues Anything else you need to know just let me know I'm willing to try just about anything Thanks so much if you've made it this far

A:Games crash to black screen between 30 seconds - 10 minutes.

I also just tried benchmarking with 3dmark vantage since FurMark is only OpenGL and I wanted to see if it was a DirectX issue. Got through the benchmarks fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/games-crash-to-black-screen-between-30-seconds-10-minutes-655816.html
Relevancy 81.7%

So im not quite sure if this is the right forum to ask this question if it's not please just ignore this thread Im just too desperate to not at least try and get help from here So my problem is this Whenever playing black a Getting screen games. when i play a game like Far cry Crysis Call of Juarez Demigod my computer screen turns black somewhere between and minutes into the game sometimes its a Getting a black screen when playing games. random colour instead of black though not so often The strange thing is that i used to be able to play these games with the graphics turned up to maximum quality but the last couple of months i've been getting this black screen which requires me to restart the computer in order to get any control over my pc again Other games like Football manager fifa manager Hearts of iron Company of Heroes all of them and Sins of a solar empire never get that error and im able to play those games with graphics at maximum for as long as i want to without getting this problem im thinking it must be related to games that have steep graphic requirements I've tried reinstalling my Vista reinstalling all of my drivers getting different drivers for everything possible but so far i've had no luck whatsoever I hadn't installed anything new on my computer for about - months before i started getting this error so it can't be because of any new things like broker drivers and so on As i said im desperate since im currently at home with a broken hip with nothing else to do than play games And frankly im getting a bit tired of management games im itching for a FPS I hope one or more of you will have some helpfull advice im willing to try anything you suggest Thanks in advance

A:Getting a black screen when playing games.

I forgot to say that if i just leave my computer turned on it will start restarting by itself after about 20-30 mins unless i actually use the computer. So downloading over-night is not a possibility either.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/getting-a-black-screen-when-playing-games-407573.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi this is my first post here and ive looked everywhere for a solution to this games playing screen while Black problem but i cant find one that has worked so hopefully someone Black screen while playing games here knows A few months ago i built a computer Black screen while playing games for gaming from scratch it works great except for this problem randomly during games the entire screen will go black The game will still be on in the background i can still hear sound from the game and if the game does come back i will be further then i was when it went black Also it seems to happen faster to more demanding games its only happened once or twice on counter-strike but i can barely play games like Starcraft or Civ for ten minutes before they go black Sometimes they come back in a few seconds sometimes a minute or so and sometimes they dont at all also rarely ill see the BSOD after it goes black for a a few seconds At first i thought it was a faulty power supply so i replaced that then i tried getting a better processor because the one i had was kinda low end anyway Neither of these things worked so now im running out of ideas Also its not over-heating at all i put the fans on higher just to make sure and checked the temps and it doesn't overheat here are the specs AMD Radeon HD Diamond Graphics Card Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA- FXA-UD Socket M Motherboard AMD FX -Core Processor Black Edition GB Dual-Channel DDR NZXT HALE PSU W Thanks a lot for any help

A:Black screen while playing games

I know it sounds simple but check the cables from your PC to the monitor and monitor power cable? Are your drivers up to date? Also what did you use to check the computer temps CPUID works great you can find it here ftp://ftp.cpuid.com/hwmonitor-pro/hwmonitor-pro_1.13-setup-en.exe.

Aareleb.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-while-playing-games-651438.html
Relevancy 81.7%

After trying all possible things I could think of I sill have the same problem Every game The Witcher black Screen when playing games goes Need Speed I ve tried so far results in Screen goes black when playing games black frames The games start ok but just after I start playing the screen Screen goes black when playing games goes black but the ingame music keeps playing If I don t move my keyboard and mouse I ll get some visible frame s back Usually just enough to be able to quit the game System does not lockup or something No blue screens either All other software Windows amp Vista Photoshop Open Office etc behave normally I have got a brand new system just week old when writing this to play around with Specs Coolermaster CM Core i Club d ATI mb MSI X PRO OCZ Gb triple channel kit Gb total Antec Earthwatts w Samsung spinpoint F Gb Things I ve tried so far Firstly I Installed Windows Beta bit and the ATI Catalyst drivers for windows Beta bit Uninstalled Catalyst Beta and installed Catalyst And updated everyting Screen goes black when playing games i could think of No solution there Then I started all over again this time round using Vista Ultimate No solution there either Is there somting I ve missed or do I have to replace defective harware nbsp

A:Screen goes black when playing games

Did you try using an older driver? I had a similar issue with Windows 7 x64 7048 not playing games with Cat 9.2 installed. I ended up going back to Cat 9.1, and everything works perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-when-playing-games.123575/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello.. i really need some help!

When i start some games (some times they run sometimes there is blackscreen from begging or when scene change in game... monitor goes off). I can hear sound ... i also can fix with turning monitor off and back to ON...then works normaly for few mins and again scene change monitor goes OFF

its super annyoing so help me pelase!

It was working prfect for 1year ... two weeks ago i put new windows 7, and from then this error eats my soul

*I uninstal Nvidea driver.. and reinstall it (new one ofc.)
*I clear dust 2 weeks ago.
*CPU: max 65C GPU: max 65C on 100% load for 10min (when i do heaven benchmark, there is no blackscreen)
*HD tune pro test for error: NON
*Also install monitor driver, but still not better

My specs:
I5-3570k
GTX 670 2gb
MONITOR LG ips277L
8gb ram

Please help

Relevancy 81.7%

Hey there!

I've got a quite irritating problem. When I play WoW or Mw2 (haven't tried other games) my computer screen goes black after some time, usually between 10-30 minutes, and my computer fans starts to work for all they're worth. The picture doesn't come back so I have to manually reboot the computer by holding the power button, and the the temperature inside the computershell is cool with a good airflow. I'm running a windows vista 32-bit version and my graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT. I asked the computer store where I buyed it to try and see if they could find the problem, but they had no clue what it could be.
I've tried updating my drivers, scanning for virus etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
Enertez

Relevancy 81.7%

I have a Emachines T with ATI raedeon video card w mb and gigs of ram I have been getting a no signal input and then a black screen from my monitor while playing WoW and AoC I have systematically done everything I can think of to solve the Black when games playing screen problem but was hoping maybe someone else might have other ideas this is what I have done Checked and updated all drivers Upgraded the powersupply Upgraded the video card this solved the problem with WoW but not AoC Checked and updated Drivers again Got a new VGA cable for the monitor Got a new monitor Cracked the case for airflow Nothing is hot in there Cleaned it with compressed air Set to optimal settings in Bios Changed MSconfig to only run needed programs Ran a registry cleaner diskcleaner and defragger I m doing whatever at this point Please any other clues as to what might be causing this I really don t want to have to buy an new comp nbsp

A:Black screen when playing games

Have you checked your RAM? Run memtest for 6-8 passes on each stick to see if any of them is faulty.
Also, have you tried flashing your motherboard's BIOS to the latest version?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-when-playing-games.105156/
Relevancy 81.7%

Don't know if this is the right section to post this in, but here goes.

Recently I have been getting black screens just a while after I have started a game. All sound dies and the computer just keeps running.

I downloaded the SF diagnostics tool and got a folder created, which is attached here.

A:Black Screen when playing games.

Is it a pure solid black screen? How long it is staying? Is it giving any notification balloon from the systrey when it occurs or the display is getting back?

The zip you uploaded contains some crash dumps. Though those are kinda old, but indicates some graphics failure, stop 0x116 BSODs.

In this situation, you need to check the following things.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
At least 30% free is safe. Also let us know about the wattage of the PSU.

Make it sure that you are using the NVIDIA DRIVERS 320.49WHQL display driver.

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings. Also set the BIOS to default, too.
How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

Also, it is important to know that if the black screen is accompanied by any balloon like this or not.
Let us know the results.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80081194e0, fffff88007599010, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+13b010 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80081194e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88007599010, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+13b010
fffff880`07599010 4055 push rbp

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`05fe99c8 fffff880`07076054 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`081194e0 fffff880`07599010 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`05fe99d0 fffff880`07075d5e : fffff880`07599010 fffffa80`081194e0 fffffa80`08a70d50 fffffa80`08d6e410 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`05fe9a10 fffff880`0711cf13 : fffffa80`081194e0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`08a70d50 fffffa80`08d6e410 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`05fe9a40 fffff880`07146cf1 : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`0001b405 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`05fe9b20 fffff880`07145437 : 00000000`00000102 00000000`00000006 00000000`0001b405 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiCheckHwProgress+0x71
fffff880`05fe9b50 fffff880`071182d2 : ffffffff`ff676980 f... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297782-black-screen-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi guys, 2 weeks ago i tryed to uninstall a hp printer programme, and something in my computer stop working properly. Ive been getting some black screens when i'm playing some games. Not the type or black screens then your computer crash, I can still play my games, it's just at some spots of the game that it does that. I tryed to put it on window mode and it got better a little but still sometimes i get those black screens. I did some test on my graphic card and it didnt gave me any errors. If you refer me any other test, i will do it.

Here are my specs :
-psu : corsair TX750M
-motherboard : gigabyte z87x-UD3H
-Graphic card : GTX 770
-Processor : I5-4670K CPU 3.40GHz
-Rams : 16Go Adata 1600 freq

I'm running Win7 professionnel service pack 1.
Nothing is overclocked in my computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-while-playing-games-967193.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I searched a lot for this problem and found this forum via google Lots of people Black Screen while playing games are having same problem here also I have detail explanation of my problem below plz be atient Hope you guys can help me Now here is my Black Screen while playing games problem It started about weeks ago i think but not sure When i was plating MAfia screen went black and the monitor's power signal was going on off Nothing worked so i have to restart my computer with restart button No Black Screen while playing games bluescreen message nothing just black screen Then it started happening in other game like PES But the black screen appears only when the d is rendered i think cause the game menus works fine As soon as the game is started the blackscreen appears randomly Black Screen while playing games sometime i can play for hr sometime immediately after starting the game So i reinstalled new driver latest used driver sweeper cleaned my cpu case blew some dusts removed gpu card msi gt and placed it again After doing all this it worked until week i think All was going well till days ago it started happening again This time all my games crashed immediately after starting them no crash in menu screen I checked GPU team in gpu-z and msi afterburner and they are fine idel C on load C so i again reinstalled nvidia driver removed my cpu case and just unpulgged and re plugged my HDD cable fans power cables and now the games working fine But i was curious what it causing the problem and googled a whole thing and found out about driver issue MB issue bios issue driver issue PSU etc in various forums I also came to know about verifier exe in win last night and the dump files i tried to check dump files but due to some problem it doesn't show correct data On one file i found something like dxgkrnl sys and nvlddmkm sys I then ran verifier exe to check these two driver and it restarted nornmally without any bluescreen However everytime i started verifier exe to check all the driver it showed BSOD after windows started So please guys help me to find out what's causing the problem Is it hardware issue or some driver I have explained lots of things and attached the dump files Hope this will help My Spec CPU C D E GHZ GPU MSI GT MB OC factory overclocked i haven't changed anything PSU local brand goldkist W MB msi g RAM muskin GB mhz HDD HDD GB OS and GB OS Win ultimate

A:Black Screen while playing games

This is caused by nvlddmkm.sys, part of the Nvidia drivers

Causes:
Bad memory/PSU/PCI slot/GPU/bad driver/incorrect RAM timings or voltages

Test your memory with memtest86: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Remove Nvidia drivers by using Driver sweeper: http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/
Then reinstall the current drivers in safe mode

Test the 9800GT in another PC if possible

This was likely caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys
Bugcheck code: 0x117 (0x85289510, 0x908EE326, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100210-27562-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 258.96
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 258.96

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/115834-black-screen-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Morning First of all I just want to see if others are experience this problem so I'll to wait for either update driver or the game needs updating patching or I'll have to get my card replaced again I get these random black screens for seconds when playing a game as too me the driver crashed and then restarts nVidia Geforce GT the game I'm playing is TF and i think that happen in L D as well so it doesnt seem to be just the game or it could be both games are affected Had the latest nVidia drivers and I install beta drivers too using that now atm I've been getting this since last year December which i think it was after updating the nVidia driver in November never had these problems before installed Windows last year September See in attachment what come up in the Reliability Monitor and the message which didnt playing Black screen when games help much and those two files that are send to MS are just a hardware names and the current version of the hardware I've got etc EDIT my gpu temps are ok i do monitor them

A:Black screen when playing games

Since you didnt have this issue before you updated your drivers in September Have you tried to roll back to the drivers you had before?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/54647-black-screen-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello everyone, recently iv'e been getting black screens while playing:
Grand Theft Auto IV
Call of duty Modern Warfare 2
Call of duty Black ops
Minecraft

I have ran an overclocking test for 10 minutes and 0 errors or problems, my GPU tempature while playing games are 66-70 degrees.
I have updated the latest drivers, i have vaccum-cleaned inside the CPU, i have tried re-installing all of the games that were crashing.
My system specs are:
Proccesor: Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 2.50 gHz
RAM: 4,00 GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce GT220
Monitor: LG Flatron W2253TQ

Also if its worth to tell, i mostly play on the resulotion 1280x720.
EDIT: This problem has not always been, it occured about 6-10 months after purchase.
I am pretty sure my fans are running well but i am not entierly sure.

A:Black screen while playing games

Quote: Originally Posted by Smoker

Hello everyone, recently iv'e been getting black screens while playing:
Grand Theft Auto IV
Call of duty Modern Warfare 2
Call of duty Black ops
Minecraft

I have ran an overclocking test for 10 minutes and 0 errors or problems, my GPU tempature while playing games are 66-70 degrees.
I have updated the latest drivers, i have vaccum-cleaned inside the CPU, i have tried re-installing all of the games that were crashing.
My system specs are:
Proccesor: Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 2.50 gHz
RAM: 4,00 GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce GT220
Monitor: LG Flatron W2253TQ

Also if its worth to tell, i mostly play on the resulotion 1280x720.

You should never ever use a vacuum to clean your computer. It will ruin the electrical components on the motherboard and any other devices attached inside. Use a can of air or compressed air.
As for your error, what happens when the black screen appears? Can you still hear sound? Does the whole PC lock up?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/161952-black-screen-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi,
I recently purchased a sony vaio VPCEB14EN laptop but when i run my games through my hard disk, it goes black and then nothing, it brings back to my desktop screen !! It happens with most of my games like DiRT 1, MotoGP 08, FUEL, Superstars V8 Racing, Race Driver: GRID etc. Here is my computer specifications :-

SONY VAIO E-SERIES (VPCEB14EN)

INTEL CORE i3-330 PROCESSOR (2.13 GHz)
3 GB DD3 MEMMORY
ATI MOBLITY RADEON HD 5470 (1740 MB)
WINDOWS 7 HOME BASIC (64-BIT)
DIRECTX- 11
SHADER MODEL - 5.0

and my hard disk has more than recommended space for playing games (around 170 gb free) and i think that the drivers would be well updated as i have recently purchased the laptop. i am a die hard gamer and im dying to play these games as i have recently installed them. please help me out.

!! PLEASE REPLY !!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-problem-for-playing-games.952239/
Relevancy 80.84%

As the title says I have this problem where when I play a video game mostly any video game for some time It might Games after Video playing screen Black be to a short minute to a long hour my computer Black screen after playing Video Games freezes and I get a black screen When I push restart the black screen Black screen after playing Video Games is still there so I have to push on quot Shut down quot I think Black screen after playing Video Games this is called a hard reset I've been searching for help about this issue but it is completely futile I've tried this thread in this same forum Random Black screens and freezing with nVIDIA GTX I'll have to say the story about this I've never had this problem before until I got this new now kind of old year old computer The old computer had an old motherboard that I don't even know which it was but I'm sure it was ASUS' too It also had an Intel Q The rest were the same as today such as the Nvidia GTX Also I have a different Power Box the old one had w and this one has w or w not sure if I need to be sure just tell The first time I experienced this problem was on a video game Yes this only happens on video games I can't recall which video game it was first probably quot Heroes of Might amp Magic V quot or quot The Elder Scrolls Oblivion quot Since then I thought it was my videocard's problem mostly the driver I tried using different drivers doing clean er installs and so on then I thought I fixed it but I realized I didn't Right now this problem is kind of quot low quot but it happens on my favourite games It happens on Warcraft III and its expansion The Frozen Throne as well as Age of Mythology For those that know it and to be A LOT more specific WC got the screen first when I saw the cinematic for Arthas talking about how he didn't visit that Elven city for a long time since he was a boy Afterwards doing something with Nvidia config I somehow fixed the black screen problem but I know I didn't For the Frozen Throne while playing Rexxar's campaign I get the black screen at very random intervals For Age of Mythology it crashed at that part where Ajax gets attacked by Trojan cavalry right when I saved him and started building the base Then it kept getting black screens out of nowhere I had quot Hardware Sound Acceleration quot on I disabled it but I'm not too sure if that fixed it or not Actually it didn't at all Now I have a theory that perhaps all these black screens are because of my faulty sound card but I don't think I have a sound card probably just the Motherboard one It is Realtek's As I said before on that other thread I tried removing Realtek too but no results at all On another note I also have that quot Nvidia Driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot problem crash luckily this problem has stopped By the way I'd rather have this problem than the Black Screen one I'm sure you'd know why if you ever suffered both Not saying that I wish I had both problems So here I am struggling to fix this problem already I'll do anything to fix it but I am also hoping I won't get any MORE problems If more information is needed I will provide it Are there any more ideas for this P S I put this thread on quot General discussion quot because I am unsure which problem it is either driver's graphics card hardware sound card device and so on

A:Black screen after playing Video Games

i would check the the temperatures of the GPU with msi afterburner and see what it idles at and see what it loads at when gaming your card might over heating or it might just be failing. also you might want to reseat your RAM and GPU and in your bios disable onboard audio to see if it fixes your issue. Check your even logs in windows and see if any odd errors come up. Finally use speccy > Speccy - Download and publish your report by going to file/publish snapshot like below then link us to your snapshot so we can see if anything looks odd.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/311934-black-screen-after-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 80.84%

In the past I've post an issue I had were I was getting a B Blue SOD but now this is something different I hope When I launch either of games Borderlands and The Secret World after a while the screen will go dark and most of the time I'll hear a high pitched wine I'll restart the PC and everything is usually good I say usually because in the last days when booting up I'll get to the screen that says quot Starting windows quot or the desktop is about screen games when death playing Black of to be displayed and the screen goes dark The SSD firmware has been updated to the latest I Black screen of death when playing games worked with Kingston to Black screen of death when playing games do this In the BIOS the drive is configured to use Raid XHD and the drive is physically connected to the SATA port I have tried physically connecting it to a SATA for the firmware upgrade along with changing from Raid XHD to ACHI to IDE When I run the program Speccy it says that the status of S M A R T is bad and running Crystal Disk Info it says Unknown for the disk health and other fields

A:Black screen of death when playing games

You want to run the SSD in AHCI mode. By changing the mode to other settings, you have probably caused some driver incompatibility in Windows. It may be fixable by going into your device manager and uninstalling all IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers and their drivers and then installing only the Intel SATA drivers for your motherboard; stay away from the Marvell controllers because the older versions can cause conflicts with SSDs.

The following steps may help with re-installing only the Intel drivers.

To fully re-install a driver, use the following steps.First, download the latest driver. Then do the next steps.
Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Find the device you are trying to uninstall by expanding the appropriate set of devices
Right click the device
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
Restart your computer only if Windows asks you to.
Install the latest driver for the device.

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user.
First, download the latest driver. Then do the next steps.
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Find the device you are trying to uninstall by expanding the appropriate set of devices
Right click the device
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
Restart your computer only if Windows asks you to.
Install the latest driver for the device.
I would also recommend running Disk Check with Automatically fix file system errors checked before doing the above. That will fix any corruption to the file system that may have resulted from the forced shut downs and restarts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230532-black-screen-death-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I have already long time this problem every time I play games got Black Screen (No Signal at monitor) computer remains on and I need restart pc and is fine but after I play again games = black screen
tested on max and I dident got black screen

A:Random black screen while playing Games

Try another video card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-black-screen-while-playing-games.216621/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello Screen/Freeze Black when playing Games. I have started playing Guild Wars after the first couple of days my game started to freezing and black screen to desktop before going back into game to only black screen again At times my monitor would say no signal The problem disappeared for close to days and came back up again I've tried playing other games and the problem is similar freezing to desktop black screen and crashing to desktop During the black screen to desktop I would get 'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered' I have updated to a few different drivers including the latest stable driver from Nvidia but the problem still exists I have ran VMT for passes with no errors Prime Small FFTs for over hours with no errors Running FurMark the test does complete when I run BenchMark user's setting when I do the Burn In-Test Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games. everything looks okay Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games. until my GPU hits c The computer would shut off then Though when I play games my gpu varies between to c Guild Wars Dump File when not responding https files Gw rar I have rebooted windows but the problem still exists I've had this computer for just over years now Specs Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit CPU Intel Core i GHz C Lynnfield nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P P D LE LGA C Graphics SMB HD x Hz MB GeForce GTX nVidia C Currently using Beta Drivers Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem is Or if I can do anything else to determine the problem UPDATE I got a blackscreen while watching a video on youtube 'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered' Thanks for the time and help dump file ATTACH SF ATTACH

A:Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games.

Welcome aboard, Laughing.

Please post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions so that we may have the necessary information that we need to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/254341-black-screen-freeze-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I have researched and tried my hardest to figure out why my screen goes black after a few minutes of playing some games I have installed on my computer. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to really bug the crap out of me. I have Directx 9.0c and looked for updates or am I barking up the wrong tree? I just wanna play Please can someone help me?
Thanks,
Andy

A:Black Screen after a few minutes of playing games

Post your system specs, that helps the guys to give you feed back.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288151/black-screen-after-a-few-minutes-of-playing-games/
Relevancy 80.84%

So I am having a problem with my computer when I play some of my games after a short time playing goes black when Screen games video the screen Screen goes black when playing video games goes black and I can hear the sound looping My guess is after doing some research brings it down to one of two things Graphics card is over heating or My power supply is not good enough for my computer I think it is cause I downloaded CPUID HWMonitor and it is running between C and C depending on the game I did update all of my drives Also tried using eXtreme Power Supply Calculator Lite I would post a link Screen goes black when playing video games but I do not have over posts gt lt to check the wattage I Screen goes black when playing video games would need and it says W but I am not sure I am doing it right If I am missing anything please let me know and I will fill in any gaps So in the end I am looking for some opinion help My specs for my computer are GIGABYTE GA-Z A-D H-B LGA Intel Z Intel Core i k Sandy Bridge GB ram x GB GTX Ti W Power supply Running Windows bit Antec Lanboy air Blue Black Blue ATX Mid Tower Computer Modular Case Thank you for any help on this matter nbsp

A:Screen goes black when playing video games

Try this link and tell us if you are getting the same results: http://c1.neweggimages.com/BizIntel...ons.newegg.com/productfinders/powersupply.jpg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-when-playing-video-games.172367/
Relevancy 80.84%

since 2 days, i got some nasty problems with my graphics. I play Wow (world of warcraft) since november and i never had graphical issues...exept since 2 days ago, my screen went black all of a sudden and my comp seemed locked...i could still hear sound and talk to ppl via ventrilo. So first thought...reinstall graphic drivers along with direct X 9.0c...didnt do much and the problem is still there. I had graphical glitch while playing starcraft and a black screen whilke trying to launch day of defeat. I read an old post about black sceen and i wonder if u had a solution for it.

Some mof my comp specs...

mostly: ATI RADEON 9600 xt 256 mg <==== i think this is the problem (i hate ATI)
Processor: intel p4 2.4
board: albatron 845
memory: 512 ddr
power supply 300W
2 fans (back and side + 1 on my video card)

ty for ur time

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-and-lock-while-playing-games.24641/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello, I have some serious problems with my computer. I get black screen everytime I play games, like World of Warcraft and Counter Strike: Source.
In another Thread there was a guy with the same problem, he attached the MX-4 somehow and I don't know what that is, is it something you buy or is it something you download? The MX-4 seemed to be working for him so I wanna try that.

A:Black screen while playing games on my computer

Quote: Originally Posted by Jader

Hello, I have some serious problems with my computer. I get black screen everytime I play games, like World of Warcraft and Counter Strike: Source.
In another Thread there was a guy with the same problem, he attached the MX-4 somehow and I don't know what that is, is it something you buy or is it something you download? The MX-4 seemed to be working for him so I wanna try that.

MX-4 is thermal paste for your cooling unit on the CPU. There are other possible factors that cause black screens. Run the FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net and |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card.

Also, overheating may be caused by dust. Get a can of compressed air and blow your system out keeping the can as upright as possible.

How long have you been having problems? How old is your hardware? How old is your Windows installation? When was the last time you did a clean install (format and install) or repair install (install over the top of the current installation through Windows) of Windows 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209325-black-screen-while-playing-games-my-computer.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi I ve been having this problem for a bloody long time I get black screen but theres still looping sound after playing some game for a Screen playing games. sound goes but have still while black, while It seems like the Screen goes black, but still have sound while playing games. black screen is coming Screen goes black, but still have sound while playing games. at random times The games that doesn t crash on me is Warcraft and WoW Seems like blizzard makes good games And games that crash on me is counter strike source portal and teamfortress and others My specs Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English System Model P K-E BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS A amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-C - A C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x A Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run nbsp

Relevancy 80.84%

Hiya guys newbie here to the forums I ve Playing Random While Black Games Screen been having a problem where a black screen would randomly appear while I m playing games I m sorry if I picked the wrong section I have built a custom computer a few days ago and I ve had a problem with my screen going black when playing games I m using a Windows -bit computer along with an XFX Radeon R X graphics card I know it isn t my HDMI cables When my computer s screen goes black I can hear audio from my videos and Skype but after a few minutes I cease to hear anything and sometimes it will loop the sounds over and over again I ve been using my laptop hard drive for my computer and I had a similar problem as it froze a lot I m suspecting my hard drive needs to be formatted Along with that I have to force shut-down my computer as it doesn t Random Black Screen While Playing Games turn off properly If any help is available it ll Random Black Screen While Playing Games be greatly appreciated Random Black Screen While Playing Games I m using an Intel Core i Processor and I m also using a watt power supply GB of RAM and Direct X nbsp

Relevancy 80.84%

HI,

I have just recently started to have problems where my computer is crashing when I am playing some games. Some games work fine and it just started doing this.

Here is my PC spec:

Windows 7 64 bit
AMD phenom II X4 830
16526 MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

The computer just goes to a black screen. Sometimes with the "crash sound".

I have run dxdiag and everything seems to be fine.

THanks in advance for any help!

Relevancy 80.84%

i have already long time this problem every time i play games got Black Screen (No Signal at monitor) computer remains on and i need restart pc and is fine but after i play again games = black screen
tested on max and i dident got black screen

A:Random black screen while playing Games

Hello and welcome davc mate I suspect you have had to wait this long because you have not posted any machine specs - unless we know what we are working with we cannot help you. It's a but like saying my car won't start can you help now unless I know it is a diesel, petrol, electric or gas driven car, make model old / new etc etc where would I start to look??
I am suspecting you know a little about computers because you have run Furmark (your attachment) so please send the specs it is most important we know what you have in the machine.
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/375819-random-black-screen-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I'm posting this here because it is more of a general issue and not a gaming issue. If you feel it should be moved, go right ahead.

Out of the blue, my games randomly "visually" lock up and then go to a black screen, all the while still actually playing. Nothing is happening on my screen but the games are actually still working (I can hear my car driving and responding to my controls, or I can hear a gun shooting when I hit the button, but I can't SEE anything).

When I quit, my display colours are either reduced from 32bit to 16bit, or my screen size is reduced to 800x600 and the refresh rate is lowered to 60Hz. Sounds like my video card is resetting or something.

What's wrong with my computer?

A:ALL Games going to a black screen but keep playing in background

Do you have a graphics card or onboard video ( gfx built on to your motherboard) ? Sounds like the latter and insufficient memory (RAM) .
What OS are you running ? How much RAM do you have ? Do you have a graphics card installed ? If this is a new occurence have you made any big changes to your system recently ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-games-going-to-a-black-screen-but-keep-playing-in-background.631113/
Relevancy 79.98%

Pretty much what happens is that i'll be playing a game for about an hour or two, and then the screen will suddenly go black, but the audio still plays. To get the computer responding again I have to manually restart the computer. This happens at random times in my games; I could be playing for not even 5 minutes and it will stop responding, and sometimes I can play for 3 hours straight and not a single thing happens.

A:Screen Goes Black, but Sound Still Plays When Playing Certain Games

Welcome
Go to the website of your graphics card and update driver.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/300177-screen-goes-black-but-sound-still-plays-when-playing-certain-games.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Shuttle XPC AMD Athlon SK V I m not sure if I while screen playing games watching Black or videos need a memory upgrade video card upgrade or what I ve done a little research on my problem which I have described below and there have been numerous suggestions memory upgrade new video graphics card upgrade drivers need dusting w compressed air overheating cpu fan overclocking power supply etc Please help I miss watching videos online and my son misses his PBSKids games My year old plays very basic games online and I watch youtube videos When my computer is first turned on it will Black screen while watching videos or playing games allow me to watch videos for about - minutes then the screen turns black I can still hear the video but the screen remains black If I turn the monitor screen off then back on the video comes back for about - seconds then the monitor turns black again My screen only turns black when watching videos or playing games I am able to do all other things on my computer without any problems Based on my specs and temps voltages below what do you recommend I do TEMPS from SpeedFan Black screen while watching videos or playing games Fan RPM Temp C Fan RPM Temp - C Fan RPM Temp C Fan RPM CPU - C Fan RPM Internal Temp C Fan RPM Remote Temp - C Fan RPM HD C Fan RPM Temp C Fan RPM Core C Speed Speed Speed Speed Speed Speed Vcore V - V - V V V Vcore V - V - V V V V V V V Vbat V V V Vcore V Win x NO Bit NO GiveIO YES SpeedFan YES I O properly initialized Linked ISA BUS at Linked VIA VT SMBUS at Scanning ISA BUS at SuperIO Chip IT F J IT F J found on ISA at Scanning VIA SMBus at ADT ID found on SMBus at E Found WDC WD JS- SGB on AdvSMART Found ACPI temperature End of detection OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Shuttle Inc System Model SK V System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD PG SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Specs of my current video card Name VIA Chrome HC IGP Manuf S Graphics Co Ltd Chip Type VIA Chrome HC IGP DAC Type Internal Approx Total Memory MB Current Display Mode x bit Hz Monitor ViewSonic VG m nbsp

A:Black screen while watching videos or playing games

Have you tried:

1.) Swapping monitors to see if the other monitor behaves the same way; this would indicate an issue with the computer (or its settings)

or

2.) Connecting the monitor to a different computer to see if the problem still exists?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-while-watching-videos-or-playing-games.1021010/
Relevancy 79.98%

I had a desktop that was just sitting for about 2 years without use and just hooked it up to my TV to make a media center. I immediately installed Windows 7 and had a fresh slate so old software problems shouldn't be an issue. All drivers are up to date.

The problem is that whenever a game is played, it will randomly create a black screen with buzzing sound. Some games is completely random, other games crash at about the same point. Sometimes the video signal cuts out to the TV, sometimes it just stays black. Either way it needs to be manually turned off. I have checked GPU temperatures and they are about 80C under load. I have ran memtest86 and no errors on the RAM. I just don't know what else it could be.

The specs are:

Intel Core 2 3000MHz
2x2GB Corsair DDR2-400
ATI 4850
OCZ 500W Power Supply

A:Black screen crash/lockup when playing games

What is your cpu temp?
How many passes of memtest did you run?
What are you using to check your temps?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash-lockup-when-playing-games.1066283/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey, recently I have been experiencing troubles playing games on my brand new PC.
I can play a game for a while, and then suddenly the screen will go completely black for about 5 seconds every half a minute or so. The game still plays (which usually results in me dying 'cause I can't see!) but there is no display.

I have a P4 3.4ghz with HT, 1024MB of RAM and a 256MB GeForce 7600GS

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Relevancy 79.98%

Just like the title says

heres the SF diagnostic folder attachment

i'm not sure if this is the right way to find help

A:Black screen while playing any game (even browser games)

Please post this report: Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303152-black-screen-while-playing-any-game-even-browser-games.html
Relevancy 79.98%

First off I ll say I play lots of games so this bothers me just a little It all started with Starcraft keep in mind this is during random intervals I could play the game for mins to hour and the computer screen would go black and usually a crashes can't Random screen when games alt+tab) playing (black looping sound or just nothing for a little bit then background music or something The computer would completely lock up and the only remedy is hard reboot This is now happening with Call of Duty World at War Singularity Both First Person Shooters Starcraft is a Real Time Strategy Not sure if that helps but FPS s are intensive with the GPU and RTS s are CPU intensive So I don t know whats going on For me and my hypothesis is when a certain sound goes off the computer crashes but maybe it s just me because when ever it crashes there is always a sound to go with it I have a Qosmio X - Q laptop and have had it for about since probably Random crashes (black screen can't alt+tab) when playing games August making this years old I never mistreat it or anything and have used some caned air Some people think it needs a new thermal paste on the GPU and some think it s artifacting I m not sure what it is All I know it freezes when I play games randomly sometimes it won t freeze As far as temperature goes it s usually only gets up to C If there is anything else you guys need to go on let me know P S - This ONLY happens during playing games nbsp

A:Random crashes (black screen can't alt+tab) when playing games

Usually when we see these issues only happening when gaming it predominately points to a driver issue. Go to your laptop's website, find your exact model and update the latest video drivers avaliable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-crashes-black-screen-cant-alt-tab-when-playing-games.152959/
Relevancy 79.98%

Ok heres the deal Last weekend I joyfully bought my st ever STEAM games God I hate this thing Now after installing both Aliens vs Predator and Empire Total War Now not only am I pissed but I can t wait to give them hell after my online account is verified so I can post in the forums but meanwhile maybe you guys can help me Ok this is the problem I have faced ONLY with steam games All my other games including Batman Arkham Asylum Pro Evolution Soccer IL Neverwinter Nights Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion GTR Steam of 5-10 mins after Games Black playing Screen They all work fine no glitches at all I am a Intermediate PC Tech myself so I tried looking for similar issues with people and I downgraded and upgraded my drivers for my video card but still the Black Screen after playing 5-10 mins of Steam Games same issue I play for about - mins Black Screen after playing 5-10 mins of Steam Games of either my new games Empire and AvP then bingo my monitor cuts out and I am reduced to a black screen and I can hear the game music and its obviously working What I have tried Tried setting audio performance level to Basic This was suggested in a similar thread to my problem I went to Control Panel gt Sound Audio - gt Volume Tab - gt Advanced - gt Let first bar to one from the far left Went into steam and tried to right click on games -- gt Properties - gt Local FIles Tab -- gt Verify game cache Again some guy said this worked for him Hs not for me I have ati Radeon X XTX mb Vid card I tried to update drivers to Then heard there was problems with it Downgraded to That didn t work Then I heard was better for STEAM games and this issue so today I have tried I will post after this as I did it just before so I will know if it works or not My specs are AMD Dual Core Gigabyte KA- N SLI Mobo Ati RAdeon X XTX Monitor is old CRT DELL D HT driver version Driver date Gig DDR PC RAM Someone please help me as this is driving me crazy Cheers Crix nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

Hi all,

Just as i thought my issue's were over, it seems i got another issue.

Just played black ops 3 for a good 30minutes, then my screen went black, and few seconds later the screen posted "No Signal"
I have googled this and i have checked the event viewer, which shows alot of critical errors.
It leads to "Kernel Power ID 41"

Everything is stock currently, so no overclocking done yet.

I also was send to a thread on this forum, and some guy had the same problem, turned out it was a software issue, now i dont know if it is a software issue for me,

It could be anything really..

Asus rampage v extreme
H110i GTX
Seasonic m12ii-850 evo
16GB DDR4 GeiL
Sapphire fury x
G2460PF FREESYNC
Thanks in advance

A:Playing games for a while results in black screen with no signal.

Hi SuicidalChief, welcome to the Forum.

Check out this MS website. There are a lot of possible causes of your problem. Things like overheating, over clocking, poor power supply etc.. Read through it & see if you can find the cause.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2028504

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387909-playing-games-while-results-black-screen-no-signal.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Why when playing some games are there flashing squares that show up all over the sreen when playing some games.

Could this be caused by my video card.

Please help?

And do some of my games work and some don't even though my computer meets the requirements of the games.

System Specs are:

AMD Athlon 4 1.15 GHz
Windows XP pro
Power VR Kyro 64 MB video card AGP
512 MB RAM
DirectX 8.0
16.3 GB free out of a 40 GB hard drive
CD 32X max read
DVD RW 12x max read

A:Why are there flashing black squares on the screen when playing games?

it could be:-
Kyro drivers need updating
DirectX needs updating, to DX9.0b
WindowsXP needs reinstalling due to corrupt files

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-are-there-flashing-black-squares-on-the-screen-when-playing-games.268186/
Relevancy 79.12%

This has been bothering me for a while. After a few minutes of playing any newer game, my monitor will go black and tell me there is no connection. The sound usually loops at that point and I can do nothing but hard reset.

I've been trying to find an answer online and thought my psu was the problem, so I bought a new one (now at 550 watts), but that hasn't helped. My computer is pretty old, (the processor is an AMD athlon 3500) with an updated graphics card, (BFG nVidia 9600 oc).

Any advice? Is it a temperature problem or just the result of an old processor? What other info can I provide that may aid in finding a solution?

A:Black screen, audio loops after several minutes of playing games

So are you over colcking the BFG video card? If you are, try cutting out the over clocking

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-audio-loops-after-several-minutes-of-playing-games.128101/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello everyone I ve built my new computer a week ago and I m having a problem and I need to know ASAP if any part is defective to do a RMA When I play games League of Legends Cod my computer randomly crashes on a black screen and a looping bug sound The monitor says Monitor going to sleep I ve tried to run OCCT on my GPU for about minutes degrees C withouth problem I ve done one games loop crash playing and sound Black screen while or two pass in Memtest to check my RAM too Any thoughts on this Maybe it is my PSU I ve heard about the NVidia HD audio too Here is my rig Windows Home Premium bits CPU Intel Core i - K PSU COOLER MASTER GX Series W CASE COOLER MASTER HAF MOBO MSI Z A-G LGA Intel Z GPU EVGA SuperClocked -P - -AR GeForce GTX RAM G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB DDR HDD WD Caviar Black TB RPM MB Cache I just checked my voltage with HW Monitor and my v is kinda low Is this really a psu problem nbsp

A:Black screen crash and sound loop while playing games

If that +12v rail voltage is accurate then that would definately be a problem. Check the voltage in the BIOS as it could be a simple case of HWMonitor not reading the sensor output correctly.

Can you give us a DXDiag report.

Click Start and type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) in the Run box.

When the dxdiag window opens click the Save All Information button and save the text file to your desktop or another location so you know where it is.

Then copy and paste the entire content of that text file into a reply here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash-and-sound-loop-while-playing-games.1066738/
Relevancy 79.12%

ASUS K Jr OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc K Jr Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled I would get a random black screen while playing an online game on my laptop this happens randomly but usually - mins after starting Windows and start playing the game After the black screen appeared it BSOD random black while + games screen Sudden playing would automatically reboot to this windows error Sudden black screen while playing games + random BSOD recovery page with options to go into safe mode networking command prompt or just boot windows normally I chose to boot Windows normally but after getting into Windows and started playing a while a random BSOD would appear It has happened for - days straight The attached is the mini dump Note I did not install anything new to my laptop I have ran chkdsk and sfc scannow and found nothing I have no idea what caused the black screen and the BSOD Here s the pic of the BSOD Uploaded with ImageShack us nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

Hi there.

My PC is currently crashing without a BSOD when playing games. The screen just goes black, but my computer stays on. I have to power it off manually with the power button. I've previously had issues with BSODs showing an error with atikmdag.sys , but they were very infrequent. This type of crash has been happening multiple times a day.

Thank you so much for your help!

A:Black screen from playing games, previous BSOD's from atikmdag.sys

Hello Duecez.

A stop 0x116 is a graphics related error. And for it, you need to follow the guide: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Uninstall Avast using Avast Uninstall Utility. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/275840-black-screen-playing-games-previous-bsods-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I race simulators rfactor and codemasters f Both work for awhile then the screen instantly goes black and the computer locks up so the only option is to turn it off and start again I have video screen black up locks when games playing computer goes a Toshiba Qosmio X Q notebook It uses a GeForce m GTS card It screen goes black computer locks up when playing video games is not hot I thought it was a problem with Vista so I bought professional and formatted the hard drive erased everything and booted from disk None of that screen goes black computer locks up when playing video games changed the crashing to black screen There is no common time interval Sometimes it crashes after minutes other times after hours sometimes not at all unless I am racing screen goes black computer locks up when playing video games online Playing online always causes a crash but once again the time is unpredictable We race week by week the real F schedule and some top professionals are part of our group I have yet to finish a single race because of this problem Also replaced router modem Have also turned security off Have also ran games windowed and non windowed and it does not matter If anyone has an idea of the solution to this problem I am more than willing to try it Thanks Shepsti

A:screen goes black computer locks up when playing video games

Happened once to me, my case it was the video driver that stopped working. Go to device manager and find out the information about your driver and then go to the website of the manufacturer and update.
Look for any yellow markers when inside the device manager
How to Find Drivers
search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone - will help you search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- - if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- The most common drivers are listed on this page: http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: http://www.carrona.org/drvrdown.html
To remove any left over driver remnants, especially from graphics cards, use driver sweeper
www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/114230-screen-goes-black-computer-locks-up-when-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi everyone

I had the problem that my computer shuts down while playing games or just browsing the internet. At first I got a black screen, but was still able to hear sound (e.g. music player) for ~2-3 seconds. This happened every 1-60 minutes after booting... (If I run in secure mode, everything was fine) So I decided to set up a clean installation of Windows. BUUUT the problem occurs again. Not every 15 minutes, but it occurs.

I'm not quite sure if this is right, but I've got the feeling that this began again after installing all automatic updates. Ofc I have the recent versions of graphic card drivers etc.

Just like described in the BSOD forum I attach a zip with further informations including dump files etc.

I would be sooo happy if you could help me solving this problem.

Cheers!

A:Random black screen (while playing games, listening music, ...)

Try a clean startup - Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

It may very well be the GPU drivers (even though they are recent).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376437-random-black-screen-while-playing-games-listening-music.html
Relevancy 78.26%

So I ve encounterd this issue while im playing video games (mostly Tera), in the middle of the game the computer screen goes black (sometemies even other colors), but my computer is still running, although my Hard drive indicator isnt blinking.
I have a:
Intel core i5 3570k, Asus gtx 770, 8 gb of ram, 1TB HDD, 650W Psu,
I dont think its because of overheating, because when i look up the temperatures the max on my gpu is 75? on full load what is fine for the 770, and my cpu is on full load at about 54? max.
So could it be a software problem or my HDD is not working properly.
If anyone could reply i would be thankful.
Thank you!

A:While playing video games my computer screen turns black or blank

I really need some help! So if someone wants to reply go ahead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/374954-while-playing-video-games-my-computer-screen-turns-black-blank.html
Relevancy 70.95%

So lately I ve had a problem with video games seconds Computer games last of and loops when music Freezes video playing They would freeze and only way to turn of my computer is through the power cable or power switch on back of desktop After that if i try to turn on my computer it would freeze at random moments without letting me even get the my screen this what im doin now and i need to let it quot cool off quot for hours before it lets me go back no this is not a heat issue my heat is no higher than degrees most of time Computer Freezes when playing video games and loops last seconds of music blow here are specs from TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Computer Freezes when playing video games and loops last seconds of music Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Computer Freezes when playing video games and loops last seconds of music Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Z -V LX Antivirus ESET Smart Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Computer Freezes when playing video games and loops last seconds of music

come on guyz i need ur help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-when-playing-video-games-and-loops-last-seconds-of-music.1056898/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi people, i've just registered to this forum to ask you about this, Since i've made a registry defrag with TuneUp Utilities (which probably has gone wrong), when i reset the computer, and I logon to my user, it shows a black screen, then back at the logon screen. If I do it again, the user doesn't show up anymore!
It happened three times already, i had to make new users, and i'm sick of it. Any ideas of what could it be?

A:Black screen after login for some seconds, then back at logon screen!

Welcome!

Yet another case of registry defraggers causing harm. In the future, you know now to stay far away from them.

I suggest a system restore to get to a point before TuneUp utilities. If that doesn't work, it will be time for a repair install.

Good luck!

~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/98727-black-screen-after-login-some-seconds-then-back-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello,

My problem is:
I get past the Windows XP loading screen only to be
faced with a black screen. It stays this way for about 30-60 seconds before
the Windows XP welcome screen came up, allowing me to login. Everytime I
reboot my computer the same thing happens for a month now.

A:black screen for 30 seconds

+ belarc advisor report

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-for-30-seconds-418586.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,

I have Windows 7 Ultimate, 7600 RTM with a Geforce GTX 275.

I notice sometimes about every 30 minutes or so the screen on the desktop would just go black and reappear in about 2 seconds.

What could be the problem?

DXdiag shows the drivers I am using are 8.17.11.9621.

Thanks.

A:Screen often goes black for 2 seconds

Try updating DirectX, DirectX February 2010 Update

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/65574-screen-often-goes-black-2-seconds.html
Relevancy 67.08%

This problem seems to have started two days ago, and I am not sure what is causing it. The details are:
It seems to only stay black for around three seconds, in intervals between one minute and 30 minutes.
Everything stays functional while the screen is black. As in, nothing pauses while the screen is black.
The monitor doesn't look to be the faulty part here; the light on it stays the same brightness and colour throughout, indicating that it is still displaying something.
I have updated my video driver to see if it fixed the problem. It didn't.

If you would like to know any more information about how I can get this fixed, please ask.

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-keeps-going-black-for-a-few-seconds-1109729.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello. I have a problem. It started today - my computer monitor frequently turns black for one or two seconds and than back to normal. It isn't possible to work like this. By the way, I haven't installed any new programs or hardare. What could be the problem?

A:black screen for 2 seconds

Its impossible to tell without knowing what hardware and software you are using!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-for-2-seconds.51907/
Relevancy 67.08%

hi guys,
Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not. But since I reformatted my lap top I've been having an annoying problem when watching avi movie files. Every time I watch one at SOME point rather it in the beginning, middle or end of the file, the screen just goes black for 1-3 seconds. Sound still goes just fine, no error messages or anything. It's just ONCE everytime I'm watching a video file. Anyone know whats causing this or how to fix it?

A:black screen for 2-3 seconds

When this happens, do the video/audio get out of sync or does the video catch back up? And, just to clarify, this is only with avi files, right?

Cheers

http://www.vistax64.com/software/229818-black-screen-2-3-seconds.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Windows 8 was fine. For Windows 8.1 I had Windows 8 format and do a clean install and then immediately upgraded to 8.1. Now at least half of the time when I boot up after BIOS info and the windows logo shows briefly I see a black screen for 2 to 5 seconds I'd say. Then the lock screen. So after I get to where I can input my password everything is fine.

But I can't figure out why there is this few seconds of black nothing before I can input my password. I can't see that anything is wrong.

A:Black screen for a few seconds before login

If you have a HDD drive install the windows sdk and performance tools and run a boot-time defrag.

Try the cmd below before installing sdk, not quiet sure you need it in w8

These work in 8
How to enable boot defrag of system files on Windows 8? - Microsoft Community

or

How to speed up boot process under Windows Vista or Windows 7 - Windows Tips 'n' Tweaks - MSFN Forum

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/34702-black-screen-few-seconds-before-login.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello everyone I've already been looking on the internet for any solutions and have tried some but nothing has seemed to work so far When playing a game League of Legends my screen sometimes randomly turns black and recovers itself after a few seconds I already deleted previous drivers and installed the latest drivers even the beta one from nvidia I've also run Prime but that only checks my CPU which seems fine I've been having this issue for a couple of days now Mostly it happens when i'm in game and my temperatures always seem fine But sometimes it happens when just browsing the internet after playing League of Legends I would like to try to solve it without needing to replace any hardware parts because all my parts seem fine from temperature etc It would be hard for me to get a part screen for a of seconds couple Black to test my PC with because i don't really Black screen for a couple of seconds know any other people with custom PC's I have a gtx Graphics Card and a W GS Corsair PSU As i've read on other forums these two parts seem to be the major problems I've seen Black screen for a couple of seconds many forums and would like to ask direct help from the pro's because i've seen so many things to try that I don't know what to try anymore Sorry for the long post and for my bad English And thanks already for helping me edit If i start the game now my screen turns black and doesn't recover anymore I have to hard reset my PC

A:Black screen for a couple of seconds

try to check if the Graphic card fan aren't burned, i also have the same problem almost changed my graphic card at least to a $41 card, but try to change the thermal paste. if it not work try to replace the fan with its card spare parts (just search the market) or if you didn't find it just buy a CPU fan and stick it with glue to the old fan. Hope this help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/337793-black-screen-couple-seconds.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

Every 2 minutes my screen goes completely black just for a couple of seconds. This has just started to happen and is really annoying.

How can I find out what this is and possibly fix it?

Cheers,

C h r e d g e

Relevancy 66.22%

Good day I have a desktop computer that I built years ago I went away for the summer Few Screen Seconds [SOLVED] Every Black Goes and did not take my computer It was transported by car for a few hours too aside from being in storage for months Could be the source of the problem though I believe that it is a software issue When I turned it on for the first time a few days ago it worked fine except for a flashing in the monitor It will go completely black from a period of - seconds then turn back on It does this at a variable rate and the flashes could be anywhere from one second to seconds apart I have full control over the computer [SOLVED] Screen Goes Black Every Few Seconds while the screen is black but just can't see anything My guess is that it is a software issue as it only occurs once I am logged into my account on windows Any ideas what the problem could be What to check for Running Windows vista bit with a Geforce gtx with newest drivers

A:[SOLVED] Screen Goes Black Every Few Seconds

Hi, welcome to TSF

i would start by re-seating the video card. Try another monitor or try your monitor on another computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-screen-goes-black-every-few-seconds-596348.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi there I m looking for some advice on a problem I m having I ve had a look around the web and I ve found some posts with the same issues however I can t find anything that is specific to the problems I m having For the last few months I ve been experiencing random black screens that last a few seconds before video signal is restored When the monitor Randomly Screen Black Going For Few Seconds A comes back it s as if the signal has completely reconnected rather than just showing a black screen I generally use a dual monitor set-up however it is only the second monitor that loses the connection This monitor is connected through Screen Going Black For A Few Seconds Randomly the DVI port and the monitor that is connected through the HDMI port never blinks which lead me to Screen Going Black For A Few Seconds Randomly believe this was either a monitor issue or a DVI port issue When the HDMI monitor is used as a single monitor rather than dual this does not disconnect However when I hook the PC up to my TV through HDMI and use it as a single monitor this does occur the black screens which happen on my second monitor meaning it s not a monitor issue or a specific port issue This happens both under load and during general use such as browsing the internet or even just idle at the desktop I ve tried various drivers on the Nvidia GTX in question however all giving the same problem I was fairly adamant that this was a GPU issue and as a result sent the unit back while it was under warranty While this card was being repaired I bought a cheap AMD card to get me through however the problem was still occurring even with this new card The next thing I have been thinking is the PSU Corsair GS currently in the system however when monitoring the voltages through the Asus Suite for my motherboard they seem stable I was just wondering if anyone else had any thoughts on this or could offer any advice Thanks TL DR Randomly getting black screens lasting a few seconds at a time Happening on multiple monitors in both dual and single screen set-up Happens on multiple output ports Happens on both GPU s tested from different manufacturers Happens on multiple driver versions Happens on both Windows and Windows Happens both under load and idling nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-going-black-for-a-few-seconds-randomly.1155894/
Relevancy 66.22%

Sometimes when I am playing a game such as WoW or Team Fortress my monitor goes blank and on a few occasions has been slightly different colors Everything but the monitor appears to contiue running but nothing responds The only other noticeable thing when this happens is that the harddrive starts to make a noise similar to when it boots along with a flashing red light on the front of the tower If I let the computer sit for a minute or two after it goes blank it makes the quot beep quot sound when it boots except it doesn t reboot so I have to press the restart button to get it running again This has never when Monitor goes games black playing happened while surfing the net writing documents etc ONLY when playing a game It does not happen extremely often maybe - times per hour e-GeForce GT video card ASUS P N-MX motherboard Monitor goes black when playing games Intel Core Duo E GHz MHz Core speed DDR MBytes PCI-Express x Help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Monitor goes black when playing games

Hi Jeff,
That 'beep' that you get is probably telling you that your computer is not meeting all the hardware requirements for the P.O.S.T. (power on self test) but it sounds like your video card stops responding to commands from the display driver. whats happening when this goes on? like gpu temp, is your card overclocked? certianly not the only things to cause this but among the most common.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black-when-playing-games.118982/
Relevancy 66.22%

Ok, so just recently, when I start any game (whether it be CS:S or Guild Wars) my monitor goes black but you can still hear the game sound. I've never had this problem with my computer before and it has just started recently. My hardrive is still spinning so it's not like it is crashing so I have no idea. It just recently stopped going black for CS:S (Counter-Strike:Source on Steam) but now it does it for Guild Wars (MMO/RPG) so I'm really confused. My monitor is find doing everything else and never have experienced this problem doing anything else on computer. Any ideas?

A:Monitor goes black when playing games

I'd say it's your graphics card failing or possibly the power supply getting weak.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black-when-playing-games.148704/
Relevancy 65.79%

To give a bit of a background - I had to change the mothboard of my system comes Screen couple of back black goes for a and seconds up last month because of an incident of burnt PSU Coming to Screen goes black for a couple of seconds and comes back up the current situation - since the last few weeks I have noticed that when I am viewing a video on fullscreen mode I would often hear a system alert sound like the one you get when you plug and unplug in a pendrive It doesn't occur always though I immediately check Screen goes black for a couple of seconds and comes back up the events viewer to see if it has logged anything but no errors warning show up there that could describe what happened at that time Moreover the screen often turns black for a couple of seconds and comes back to normal Sometimes before it comes back to normal I could see my screen changing to a much lower resolution and then back to the original one Again nothing related to graphics or monitor in the event viewer My system specs - AMD FX - CPU Asus M A L-M-USB AMD Radeon HD GPU Corsair Vengance - GB x CM B PSU Corsair MX- - GB SSD Seagate - RPM - GB Seagate - RPM - GB This didn't start happening following a clean install btw I have searched for updates to my graphic drivers but found no new updates The monitor is quite old though - - yrs I guess What could be happening here Many thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/400013-screen-goes-black-couple-seconds-comes-back-up.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I think is a hardware problem , I have tried to download the recent drivers and that really did not do anything.

I can work for 5-10 mins until the monitor flickers turning black for a few seconds, then it gets faster turning black and sometimes, I see the color vertical lines until I have to turn it off and rest it. Then go back until it starts again. The monitor is like 2-3 years old.

Is there a simple solution that I can try? The warrantty is over.

Relevancy 65.79%

I have the Spectre360 convertable and every 10 seconds the screen turns off if i am reading or not activly touching screen, mouse etc...I have set everything in the sleep, hybernate mode set  to "never" yet it still turns off after 10 seconds.  It is very annoying. Please help me. Thank you!!

A:Spectre 360 convertible black screen every 10 seconds.

Hey @Matimizer,  Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I understand that you are having an issue with the screen going black every 10 seconds or so on your HP Spectre x360 Notebook PC.  Do you receive any errors?Have you tried to see if you get the black screen in Safe Mode?Have you tried to run the power troubleshooter? Have you tried performing a hard reset?Are you using the AC power adapter that came with the computer? Have you tried doing Windows Updates? Have you tried doing updates using the HP Support Assistant? Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system at the time of purchase or that need updating.  I have a couple of documents for you to read over for more troubleshooting steps. Here is one called Managing Power Options (Windows 10). Here is another document for you from Microsoft called Troubleshoot black screen problems.  If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to help! Please make sure to re-post and let me know the detailed results of the troubleshooting steps provided.  If any of this information assists you in a resolution, please share with others by marking the appropriate post as an Accepted Solution. If you would like to show your appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below.  Thank you for joining in. Have a wonderful day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-360-convertible-black-screen-every-10-seconds/td-p/5692111
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi

I have strange problem with my laptop running windows 8.1, after logging in i have
black screen with movable cursor (and working CTRL+ALT+DEL, also
taskman is working), desktop is displayed after few seconds (something about 10). As the desktop is displayed (only disadvantage is that I have to wait), I can use my computer. I would like to ask you only whether it can be
symptom of something bad which could later turn in problem. Before this problem I had sometimes similar problem, after logging in desktop was displayed, but when I clicked on icon desktop froze for few seconds, then was refreshed and working normally.

Thank you for your advice!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/27cef98d-3f6f-4cb3-975a-0e98c1a029f1/few-seconds-black-screen-with-cursor-after-logging-in?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 65.36%

I am having a problem while playing video games I have black pixels showing up when something disappears in some of the games I play Lets say like when cars are destroyed and disappear in Batman LEGO or when the ground is cracked by Bane and as the cracks disappear you see the black pixels I have tried a new graphics card and motherboard with no improvements Pictures LEGO The Movie http i tinypic com htykw jpg LEGO Batman Bane Before http i tinypic com dosxu jpg During http i tinypic com vo nzd jpg http i tinypic com zlv jpg http i tinypic com l o jpg Done http i tinypic com jttgls jpg thanks for any help God Bless Rig OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X K Quad Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - Black PC Pixels video while games playing MB J Total Black Pixels while playing PC video games - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASRock FM A M-HD Antivirus Kaspersky Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-pixels-while-playing-pc-video-games.1147949/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello there So as the title says I'm having some problems with my computer I bought it about weeks ago Goes Stays Black BlueScreen MMO's. and playing Screen Black, Restarts and no issues with it other than when I try to play an MMO that would make the graphics card work The graphics card that is installed in the computer was separately bought and installed so I'm thinking it might be conflict issues with the card but I don't know The way it happens is I run the games I can play for anything from a minute to mins and then my screen says it has disconnected from the image goes black and I can hear my computer restart but my screen stays black I have to manually power off and back on for my screen to start showing images again Once restarted i get the quot Problem Event Name Bluescreen quot thing It's really annoying since I just bought GW and I can't play properly any help would be appreciated Also in the Action Center it's said that my Nvidia Graphics Card has stopped working or crashed multiple times naming the exact times my computer crashed which is why I believe it has to do with my card

A:BlueScreen playing MMO's. Screen Goes Black, Restarts and Stays Black

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800cf0e010, fffff88010aee630, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+ade630 )

Code:
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Tue Oct 02 19:21:13 2012 (506B3099)
Follow these steps:STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
Overclocking -
I recommend if you are overclocking any hardware, that you reset these values within the BIOS to their default values in order to increase the stability of your system.

Please run the following tests for your graphics card and RAM:
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Run Memtest86+ for least 7-8 passes, and preferrly overnight as it can take a while to fully complete.

Test each RAM stick individually, if an error is found then move the same RAM stick into the next DIMM slot and test again, if errors are found for the same RAM stick in every available slot then you have a faulty RAM module. On the other hand, if no errors are found in the next slot or the other slots for the same RAM module, then you have a faulty DIMM slot.

Test each RAM stick and every motherboard DIMM slot available.

Graphics Card:Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Read all the steps within the hardware test tutorials very carefully, as stress tests is designed run components to their maximum capacity, in order to point out failing or faulty hardware components.

Use the following program to monitor your hardware temperatures during the stress test:CPUID HWMonitor
Hard Drive:Disk Check
CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
SeaTools for Windows | Seagate
Scan for corrupted or missing Windows files with:SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
Please check for the latest driver updates (may have to install a older driver) for your graphics card on the manufacturer's website, and check for any driver compatibility issues with:Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows
If you are using DirectX, then try uninstalling and then reinstalling the DirectX API:How to download and install DirectX

Please post back your results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/265537-bluescreen-playing-mmos-screen-goes-black-restarts-stays-black.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have my OS installed on my SSD. Sometimes when i power on my computer, after it shows the windows logo screen there will be a black screen with cursor for like 15-20 seconds before logon screen comes on. This doesnt always happen, i find it doing this most of the time if i had the pc off over night and power it on in the morning.

A:few seconds black screen with cursor after windows logo

It's not abnormal to have a black screen before the login screen. 15 to 20 seconds is a little long if you're using an SSD, but during that time Windows is loading drivers and all of the stuff in your system tray.

Have you got a lot of programs in your system tray? Or set to load at bootup? Try using msconfig and setting all of the startup programs to off, except your anti-virus and see if that speeds things up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368233-few-seconds-black-screen-cursor-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Ok can anybody please help me to figure out how to get my monitor to stop blinking off after 2 seconds. Wht i mean is just 2weeks ago if i turn on my computer it will load but at start up the screen will turn black after to seconds. Meaning i can hear everything in the background i just cant see anything b/c the monitor blinks out and the only way to see the display i would have to hit the power swicth on the monitor on and off every 2 seconds b/c thats how long the display lasts....someone please help b/c i just recently bought this monitor in 2009 b/c the original monitor that came with my 2006 computer went out.

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi when i start my PC i see the circle dot loading That goes fast to the next step and then my screen goes black for seconds My keyboard and mouse are off then Sometimes is can happen that the keyboard goes on still the black screen stays The black screen is not as back as when the screen is off You see light trough it I'm using Windows and tried - Checked error log in event gt could not find anything - Remove AMD drivers gt Black after loading for 20 screen picure seconds Windows same issue - Unticked all non-windows services - Unplugged mouse and Black screen for 20 seconds after Windows loading picure keyboard gt same issue Where can i see what is making i load so slow I worked Black screen for 20 seconds after Windows loading picure fine yesterday only this morning the problem started Specs i K GB RAM AMD SSD from crucial installed Thanks for the help Joao EDIT So this is quite embarrassing I found out that Bitdefender could not be removed from non-Windows services so i completely removed Bitdefender and the issue is resolved

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55009-black-screen-20-seconds-after-windows-loading-picure.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello out there I recently bought a brand new computer as well as a new Monitor Asus VN H Yesterday while playing CS GO my screen suddenly turned gray for seconds then blue for about seconds then it turned black looked like the screen was turned off for about seconds as well After the seconds the screen worked again and I could continue playing This happened two times to me last night Today when I turned on my computer it did not boot the screen turned blue like yesterday but this time it was only blue not gray or black and it was stuck with the blue screen No cursor nothing but the blue I could not do anything so I turned off my computer by holding blue for black seconds) turns (malfunctions 10-30 Screen and down the power button After seconds i turned on my computer This time it turned on almost properly this time it went Screen turns blue and black (malfunctions for 10-30 seconds) black with blue figures for like seconds but afterwards it booted as it should This time i opened World Of Warcraft After minutes of gaming the screen suddenly turned blue again for seconds then black for - seconds and after that it worked again although Screen turns blue and black (malfunctions for 10-30 seconds) some of my quot spells quot were missing Similar to what happened while I played CS GO yesterday This problem is really annoying especially since my computer is brand new The specs is Processor Intel Core i - k CPU GHz Installed memory RAM GB DDR MHZ HYPER-X KINGSTON System type -bit Operating system GPU GB GTX MSI TWINFROZR OVERCLOCKED DUALFAN Harddisk GB HARDDISK RPM SATA G I have tried to search the web for this problem but I was not able to find anyone who had a similar problem therefore I'm asking you guys for help since this is really annoying Thanks in advance Nylokke

A:Screen turns blue and black (malfunctions for 10-30 seconds)

Have a read of this
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
even though it may not be a true BSOD the files the tool collects may give us some indication of goings on

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/305937-screen-turns-blue-black-malfunctions-10-30-seconds.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My screen will sometimes go black for a few seconds and the sound stops but when the picture come back the sound doesn't This only happens if I'm using my monitor connected by as my default sound device but when I use my headset that is no there when a picture sound goes few back Screen the black seconds, come for connected by optical wire there is still sound when switched back to my monitor there is still no sound The problem also makes it so that I can't make my hidden taskbar Screen goes black for a few seconds, when the picture come back there no sound rise when I mouse over it when I'm on the Chrome Screen goes black for a few seconds, when the picture come back there no sound window although I can still get to the taskbar by pressing the Windows button on my keyboard Restarting is a temporary fix although whenever it turns off it gives me a notification about Waiting for explorer exe to close picture of message then I have to click a button to force close that program My computer closes it automatically when my headset is set as my default sound device This problem has only ever occurred when I play League of Legends but for the most part I'm playing League when on my computer System specs OS-Windows Home Premium bit GPU-Nvdia GTX CPU-Intel i k Motherboard-Gigabyte Gaming Power Supply- W Bronze RAM- GB Monitor-BenQ GL

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570048/screen-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds-when-the-picture-come-back-there-no-sound/
Relevancy 64.93%

Prepare yourselves for a long tl dr sorry Ok this has happened randomly within the past week I have not installed anything for a little while so I doubt it is that The first time it happened was when I was playing Anno upto date patches this was after many hours of play yet the day before I played hours non stop with no problems Bluescreen for seconds disappeared too quick for me to read then my screen went black and then after about a minute it rebooted with an error code BCC The second time it happened was once again with this Anno game but it happened again much quicker for Blue Black then seconds Random 2 reboots!?! then screen this Random Blue screen for 2 seconds then Black then reboots!?! time within an hour or two excactly the same as what the last one did BCC for a second time I then gave up playing with Anno I assumed maybe the Anno patches were interfering with graphics or something or maybe not enough RAM or something The third time it happend was when I was playing Runescape and playing some heavy metal ROCK ON It was exactly the same as the first two quick BSOD few mins of black screen and rebooting Once again the now notorious BCC appears for third time I decided enough is enough I am going to ask the community someone is sure to know how to decipher my dump files HERE IS THE OVERVIEW OF THE THIRD DUMP Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP C BCP B E BCP A OS Version Service Pack Product ATTATCHED DUMPS TO POST - - ---- FIRST DUMP ---- DMY GMT - - ---- SECOND DUMP ---- DMY GMT - - ---- THIRD DUMP ---- DMY GMT For those who are worried I have scanned with AVG and all is clean

A:Random Blue screen for 2 seconds then Black then reboots!?!

You are showing code 124:

Follow these instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lockup-debug-how/35349-2-int-stop-0x124-what-means-what-try.html

Its a vague code with many possiblities

Code:
icrosoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\richc46\AppData\Local\Temp\Low\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\N5BQNVW9\DMP's[1]\070810-32619-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82c3f000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82d87810
Debug session time: Thu Jul 8 17:53:18.591 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 2 days 7:52:04.326
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: 85e5901c, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: b6200087, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0002010a, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
CURRENT_IRQL: 1f
STACK_TEXT:
807d48ac 82c16f3f 00000124 00000000 85e5901c nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
807d48e8 82d0df04 86818c31 85e5901c 82ca74f0 hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0xab
807d4918 82c171f1 8687f4c8 82c24e40 00000000 nt!WheaReportHwError+0x230
807d4a2c 82c172e3 8687f4c8 8687f518 00000004 hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x3b
807d4a50 82c173ff 00000000 8687f518 00000000 hal!HalpMceHandler+0x8b
807d4a70 82c17548 00000000 8687f4c8 807d4b90 hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x4b
807d4a80 82c0d5f5 00000000 00000000 00000000 hal!HalpHandleMachineCheck+0x34
807d4b90 82c0a261 0000001c 807cf750 00000000 hal!HalpMcaExceptionHandler+0x87
807d4b90 00000000 0000001c 807cf750 00000000 hal!HalpMcaExceptionHandlerWrapper+0x89

STACK_COMMAND: kb
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: hardware
IMAGE_NAME: hardware
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE
BUCKET_ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
1: kd> lmtsmn
start end module name
8fa60000 8fa8c000 1394ohci 1394ohci.sys Mon Jul 13 19:51:59 2009 (4A5BC89F)
88f33000 88f7b000 ACPI ACPI.sys Mon Jul 13 19:11:11 2009 (4A5BBF0F)
8e000000 8e05a000 afd afd.sys Mon Jul 13 19:12:34 2009 (4A5BBF62)
8faed000 8faff000 AgileVpn AgileVpn.sys Mon Jul 13 19:55:00 2009 (4A5BC954)
890c3000 890cc000 amdxata amdxata.sys Tue May 19 13:57:35 2009 (4A12F30F)
89097000 890a0000 atapi atapi.sys Mon Jul 13 19:11:15 2009 (4A5BBF13)
890a0000 890c3000 ataport ataport.SYS Mon Jul 13 19:11:18 2009 (4A5BBF16)
92a89000 92aa7000 AtiHdmi AtiHdmi.sys Tue Mar 09 05:08:04 2010 (4B961E04)
8ea19000 8ef95000 atikmdag atikmdag.sys Tue Apr 06 21:37:59 2010 (4BBBE1F7)
8e2a0000 8e2c... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/97091-random-blue-screen-2-seconds-then-black-then-reboots.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey Guys im only new hear so im not sure if this question has been asked before or even if its in the right forum but i recently Screen scre Black seconds before login 5-10 for windows just installed a clean install of windows instead of a upgrade from my vista i got the free upgrade now everything works fine expect when after the windows splash occurs there is about a second delay were the screen is just black with a cursor Could any of you guys be able to help me Hear are my Pc Specifactions copied from system information ive left my details out of my pc name just incase OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC System Type X -based PC Processor Intel R Black Screen for 5-10 seconds before windows login scre Core TM Duo CPU P GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Hewlett-Packard F SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale Australia Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Time Zone AUS Eastern Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys i really hope you guys can help me it doesn't do this on my parents pc which also has windows only difference is his is bit were mine is Cheers Guys

A:Black Screen for 5-10 seconds before windows login scre

I really don't know what the problem is, but I would tend to suspect the video driver. I don't know anything about notebook either, but I imagine that you have onboard video. Check in the Device Manage to see what it shows for the driver for the Display Adapter, then check with HP to see what they recommend.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/39454-black-screen-5-10-seconds-before-windows-login-scre.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I am having serious issue with another laptop (used for church work). I turned the ACER on,
had a noise, screen remained black, and power went off. I removed the battery, waited, turned it
back on-same result. This laptop is not under warranty. and is only used with a church application
software. The laptop is always plugged in, but with power off. Only used once a week for an hour. TIA.

A:lose power on laptop within 5 seconds-black screen

1. What kind of noise? A beep, hiss, grinding...

2. So you never see a thing on the screen? If this is true, the video chip might be gone.

3. If a computer shuts down, 90% of the time it is due to a heat issue. How old is the laptop? Has it ever been cleaned of accumulated dust?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lose-power-on-laptop-within-5-seconds-black-screen.1171205/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi Guys,

Im having some problem with my Packard Bell EasyNote TJ61 - I powered it on and the fans whirred like normal and the lights on the keyboard came on like normal - the power button lit up. But the screen stayed black. Then the fans went silent after 5 seconds and it sounded like it was switched off but all the lights were still on - the power, hard drive and keyboard ones. I noticed if I run my finger over the touch pad buttons for volume etc they light up so im not sure whats wrong.

I replaced the screen on the laptop the other day and it was working fine until last night and this has happened. Any suggestions?

I've tried replacing ram / replacing hard drive / pulling the cmos battery for 30mins / unplugging and trying the 30 seconds power button trick but nothing.

Any suggestions?

A:Laptop Power On - Screen Stays Black - Fan Goes Off 5 Seconds

If you have a PC monitor connect it to the laptop and see if you get a display on it.

Also check the laptop screen for a dim image, shining a light onto it may make it more visible.

What was wrong that made you replace the screen ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-power-on-screen-stays-black-fan-goes-off-5-seconds.1087078/
Relevancy 64.93%

It JUST recently started doing this.. I've ran virus/malware scans using Avira/MalwareBytes. I've cleaned out all the dust from the inside of my tower, my temps are excellent all-around.

It's really strange, almost makes it seem as if the computer is not going to boot up... Right after the windows loading bar, it will switch to a black screen JUST before the windows logon/password page, and it will just hang for about 20-30 seconds before switching over the the login screen.

Any idea what could be causing this?
---
[email protected] | MSI Twin Frozr II GTX [email protected]/1800 | 4GB DDR3-1333MHz | nForce 790i Ultra Sli | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

A:PC freezes for 20 seconds on a black screen after loading bar during boot up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-freezes-for-20-seconds-on-a-black-screen-after-loading-bar-during-boot-up.969441/
Relevancy 64.93%

Blank black screen that doesn't run after turning it on. Have done bios reset twice and worked for a few days at a time and went blank again. Have also done the battery rest and again worked for a couple of days now won't do either reset. And goes silent after 1 or 2 seconds from turning it on. With a blinking caps button I a weird pattern and red f12 light on

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Black-screen-and-sounds-stop-after-2-seconds-with-blinking/td-p/5752834
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey all this is the basics of my rig:

Asus N80v
Nvidia 9650M Card
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8600
4GB DDR2 RAM
64 bit - Windows 7 Home Premium

I updated my graphics driver from Nvidia's page just recently so I could enable aero, however since then once I use an aero enabled setting, the screen will pereodically freeze up and then flash black for maybe 2 seconds, and then return to normal.

Also, when I run it in a basic setting, there's odd lines of pixels just flashing red whenever certain images are on the screen.

Note I ran a clean install from vista 32 bit, however I know my computer is capable of vista 64 bit if that matters.

Thank you,
Michael

Edit: Since posting this, the flashing has occurred at lesser intervals in regular basic theme

A:Black Screen Flashes for 2 Seconds when Aero is Enabled

It looks like the 9650M is an overclocked 9600M which is always bad. I overclocked my 8600M GT once (for fun) and ended up with your situation. Lets give Nvidia the benefit of the doubt and try some other troubleshooting steps

1) Install an older driver for your card from Nvidia

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/32134-black-screen-flashes-2-seconds-when-aero-enabled.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I have the following problem for a while now and I ve ran out of ideas on how to fix it So while I play games at random times sometimes minutes sometimes an hour or more my screen will become black and unresponsive Sometimes I m able to still hear the game sound after the screen goes black and sometimes I can hear buzzing The screen doesn t always go black I can sometimes see umm lets say vertical stripes in different colours It happens in all games I play Starcarft League of Legends Diablo and it is really really ruining the game experience for me Computer configuration is the following intel core i GB DD MHz radeon hd GB graphics Samsun monitor Win bit windows The computer is about a year old and this problem wasn t happening screens games Solved: while playing black Random from day one when I bought it So far I ve tried many things including Antivirus scan - nothing was found Memtest - no errors were found Temperature checks - all temperatures were ok Solved: Random black screens while playing games Complete driver Solved: Random black screens while playing games wipeout and reinstalling - didn t give any results Motherboard sound driver updates - didn t give any results Various Catalyst Control Center tweaks - didn t give any results Many many other things that I ve read in threads where people had similar problem like me and it helped them I am really running out of ideas and I d really like to fix this Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I'm new to the forums and I've joined it for help on this. My computer is custom built and for that past 2 weeks it has been BSODING,Freezing with a sound loop, and black screens. My computer is fine with everything else and I really need some help to get my computer up and running again. If you have any help that would be great. Thanks.
P.S I may have to talk to you more tomorrow its getting late here. Thanks again.

A:BSODs, freezes and black screens while playing games

Okay, post any minidumps by going to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the files and right-click, to send them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here. Give us some detailed specs of this troubled custom computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-freezes-and-black-screens-while-playing-games.187211/
Relevancy 64.07%

So I know this isnt a big problem but my parents got new laptops and I figured id hook em up with win startup laptop upgrade, 15+ 10 for seconds After black upon at screen sits windows since I have loved it Well they have had nothing but problems blah blah blah they just dont like change One actual problem my father is having though is when he starts up his laptop Normally on his laptop it shows the After win 10 upgrade, laptop sits at black screen upon startup for 15+ seconds hp symbol than immediately the Win lock screen that you click and than sign in Since upgrading to Win the laptop shows the HP Symbol than sits at a black screen for or more seconds until the mouse shows up and than the lock screen He using an HP Envy so its a decent laptop pretty brand new only a couple months old with After win 10 upgrade, laptop sits at black screen upon startup for 15+ seconds Win it used to be instant lock screen from the HP logo Already went into the power settings to make sure the quick startup option was enabled and I upgraded the video card to the latest build Any clue on how to fix this

A:After win 10 upgrade, laptop sits at black screen upon startup for 15+ seconds

By "upgraded the video card to the latest build" do you really mean you updated the video driver to a Windows 10 driver? Did you also upgrade the chipset driver as well?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/after-win-10-upgrade-laptop-sits-at-black-screen-upon-startup-for-15-seconds-1059906.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a 2 year old Dell Inspiron 15R running Windows 10 and it's making a similar sound as described here by others. It appears that it primarily does this if it is restarted after just being shut down. Pulling the battery then replacing it usually works to clear the "error", but not always.
Could this be related to the temperature? Is my hard drive about to fail and all my data evapourate? Is my MB hooched? Any information from the lovely folks at Dell would be greatly appreciated; even if there was an error table showing the meaning of the sonar ping sequence.
#sonarping #blackscreen #startup

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982560
Relevancy 64.07%

What's wrong with my PC The only problem I had previously is the noise of the internal HDD it was like a scooter it made fastly repeating clicking noise at variable speed To solve this issue I cloned the whole internal HDD to an external HDD using Macrium Reflect Free to use it instead of the loud internal HDD This process took about hours but finished succesfully Then I got BSOD and was able to start Windows from the external HDD only in safe mode I found out Windows doesn't run from USB HDDs due seconds screen No Windows, no and ticking a 3 black short UEFI, every just to anti-piracy reasons From this point I was unable to boot from either No Windows, no UEFI, just a black screen and short ticking every 3 seconds the internal or the external HDDs even the Macrium Windows PE Rescue Environment was useless from pendrive to fix the boot problem The only thing I saw is a black screen No Windows no UEFI nothing Just a black screen and a short clicking sound repeating every seconds I've read somewhere that the HDD might had overheated and the head has stuck which makes this noise while trying to escape I listened closely but the sound was coming from a little speaker on the motherboard not the HDD I removed the speaker the sound stopped attached it again the sound restarted so it's I received my new internal HDD removed the loud one and the external as well but it did not help Removing the motherboard battery was useless as well And here comes the interesting part because I have a half-solution the PC starts perfectly every time I remove the RAM and put it into the other slot It works in both the left and right slots but it needs to be swapped everytime I want to start the PC otherwise I get the black screen and the ticking Why is this needed what is the cause how could this be fixed PS the motherboard manufacturer's FAQs say that the continuous short beep not tick means that the power supply unit is failed http www gigabyte com support-downloads faq-page aspx fid

A:No Windows, no UEFI, just a black screen and short ticking every 3 seconds

If you are getting BIOS beeps, you have a hardware issue somewhere. Can you try disconnecting everything (including hard drives) except the keyboard and monitor from the PC and seeing if you can boot into UEFI that way?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618139/no-windows-no-uefi-just-a-black-screen-and-short-ticking-every-3-seconds/
Relevancy 64.07%

hello my friends got a quick question for you i have a dell latitude e6430 i wiped it stuck on a fresh windows 7 and well all going great apart from one small problem when i plug in and out my ac power jack the screen goes black for a second or 2 it happens when i plug in and pull out both dont know what is causing this do u have any ideas

A:dell latitude e6430 screen gose black for 2 seconds

Hello Joseph mate I take it this is not your main machine or at all? The Dell site as always not helpful but I would suggest downloading and installing the driver for the graphics from Intel https://downloadcenter.intel.com/sea...+graphics+4000
I always use manufacturers site rather than the Windows feature because I am not so sure it is that reliable. Now you might get a message that says the download is older than what is installed and in that case leave it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/372288-dell-latitude-e6430-screen-gose-black-2-seconds.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have tried to make sense of what others have posted and relate it to my situation but I am still somewhat confused because I have not found the same exact issue I have. I have tried a number of config settings but no joy.

I am running W7 Ult 64bit OS and have a Nvidia Quadro NVS 285...

I am not sure how long this has been occurring (possibly since OS install) but every time I bootup and then login with my password, the screen flashes black for 2-3 seconds after the initial login. If I log off and log on with my pswd, it does not always flash.

I have the most current driver for the Nvidia card.

Does anyone know why this is occurring? Is it a typical glitch

A:Black Screen Flash for 2-3 seconds after initial login (after bootup)

Are you running multiple monitors?

What type of anti-virus do you have on your system?

From SOLUTION for Black Screen Flash After Windows Loads

Quote:
Many users here have a problem of their screens flashing (or flickering, or blinking) black after Windows loads. I've seen people blame everything from audio drivers to integrated graphics for this issue, however these are not the causes.

Microsoft has a service called Transient Multimon Manager (TMM). This (supposedly) makes it easier to run multiple displays. It also causes the annoying flash we all hate so much. It took me hours to pinpoint the exact process (which happened to be the Task Scheduler Engine), and even more time to pinpoint the exact task, so enjoy.

Here's how to fix that annoying black flicker on boot:
Click on the Start button (pearl? ball? orb?).
Type "Task Scheduler" and hit Enter.
On the left-hand side, click "Task Scheduler Local" (you should already be there, but just in case).
Expand "Task Scheduler Library," then "Microsoft," then "Windows," then click "MobilePC."
Up top, you'll see a task called "TMM." Click it, and on the right-hand side, click "Disable."
You're done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/161376-black-screen-flash-2-3-seconds-after-initial-login-after-bootup.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Satellite x - Core Duo T Original MB MB Memory MHZ MB VRAM Replaced Kingston Kingston KVR D S G I have this x Original GB GB Harddisk Drive RPM SATA Replaced Only HDD left other one I will get back in days WSXGA TRUBRITE TFT Screen HD DVD-ROM Drive K Modem Lan W-Lan A G N MPixel Web Camera Bluetooth Microsoft Vista Home Premium Bit My Problem I take out the battery screen,humming 4 X200-191 Laptop sound => Satellite seconds, on turns black plug it in the power Charging light turns on I press the power button Satellite X200-191 => Laptop turns on 4 seconds, black screen,humming sound power led turns on Followed by Satellite X200-191 => Laptop turns on 4 seconds, black screen,humming sound the hdd led turn on which blinks real quick stays on for second then turns of The power led stays on during all the time seconds after the power button a fan starts blowing while the above mention hdd led blinks for second seconds after the fan starting to blow it turns off We are now seconds farther pretty much everything stopts except a very tiny minor humming sound I just left it on for a couple minutes sound remains nothing happens While writing this all I left it on for minutes the laptop heats op a bit the adapter gets hotter but still only the very tiny minor humming sound So my laptop works for seconds wont give any screen black screen wont load even BIOS What could be wrong Fixing Ok so I left the laptop after a couple of months being told it was dead just getting it dusty Read history to get this But since last week I figured its getting dusty I never opened a laptop before why wont I try doing that I replaced the Memory modules Slot A and B both memories same time one at a time all possible ways Since I have only HDD I used it in both slots Looks to no difference Using NO HDD I do NOT have the very tiny minor humming sound I followed a guide http www irisvista com tech to open my laptop to see what is inside Finding no lose plugs but did find a certein oil and some white paste Closing the laptop to try it out I accidently screwed a couple wrong screws in the laptop piercing the top cover of my laptop but no chips were hit during this P Yeah Im a bit to strong I should have figured using force for a couple of the screws wasnt the best thing I could do but now i know p SOOO My question while I wait for the extra old HDD getting it in days Probably making no difference What could be wrong more precisly Should I like try taking out the video card or something Is there something I should do with some soldering Any tips tricks that could work wether to fix the laptop or to narrow down the problem to a small part which i could replace BEST REGARDS Danny Visser The Netherlands History Not sure if this is any important but just to let you know if intrested what happend all to the laptop I bought the laptop at Shape Computers in the netherlands Asking this laptop mentioned above with things changed I wanted more Memory and I wanted windows XP The shop told me this was possible They bought me the laptop in they replaced the Memory with the kingston memories They installed windows XP instead of the Vista They laptop did work at this very moment So I bought the working laptop with year warranty With the folders extra given with the laptop I was able to increase my warranty from to years for free so I did After probably a couple of weeks I noticed that the laptop was getting real hot after longer usage But according to the manual this was normal I did use the laptop for gaming but also months for a gaming study So I did take it several times to school in a backpack After not using it for school anymore I reinstalled Windows Vista BIT At a very point not sure when precisly I noticed that it wouldnt turn on probably same problem as I have now but I was really relaxed about it tried it later and somehow it did work again This happend perhaps about times in total Knowing something was wrong I took it back to Shape Computers They checked it Not showin... Read more

A:Satellite X200-191 => Laptop turns on 4 seconds, black screen,humming sound

Hello

To be honest that?s a really long story and I think we can?t help you here and tell you what the problem is exactly because it?s just an user to user forum. I think you need professional help from notebook technicians, they can check what the problem is.

According your posting I think it?s a hardware malfunction, maybe the mainboard but this must be checked from professional technicians.

You should contact an authorized service provider in your country. You can find a list of them here:
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Find an authorized service provider

I?m sure everything you can clarify with the ASP. The guys are really friendly and do a good job.

Good luck! :)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?57505-Satellite-X200-191-Laptop-turns-on-4-seconds-black-screen-humming-sound
Relevancy 61.92%

Built my own computer, and for a while it ran fine, but now when I try to play League of Legends it will crash often. Sometimes the game freezes, and no method of input will change the screen until I hold down the power button. In this case my speakers emit a high pitched noise. Other times the screen will go black, and the computer will automatically restart. Other times I will get a blue screen with the error code 0x00007e. Please help this is getting very annoying!

I should note that it is not often that it crashes, sometimes it will happen twice in a short time, sometimes it will take days.

DMP files uploaded as per posting instructions, please inform me if you need anything more, thank you!

A:BSOD or black screen while playing League of Legends or Full Screen YT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD =
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Probably hardware. Clean out dust in the system, if you have overclocked stop and revert to original settings. The link contains the most probable solution to your problem. IF the problem cannot be fixed i suggest lowering the vcore a tad tad bit.
Here are stresstests to possibly help rule a few things out. : Stresstests:
Ram : RAM - Test with Memtest86+
General hardware: Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 ( (Three pre-set configurations are available: Small FFTs and In-place FFTs, and Blend. Small and In-place modes primarily test the FPU and the caches of the CPU, whereas the Blend mode tests everything, including the memory.)
Graphics: Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark (Do the above Graphics test only with the latest drivers, and then Run it until the temperatures stop increasing; should be less then 10 minutes. If you don't see any crazy glitches or distortion on the screen, The test most likely passed. Take note if the Temperature gets too high, or you see Visual artifact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to stop the test.)
Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253430-bsod-black-screen-while-playing-league-legends-full-screen-yt.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I've tried updating the drivers, making sure nothing was overclocked, ram memtest and furmark. memtest found no errors, same with chkdsk and it didn't crash in furmark
my average temp of gpu is 31 degrees Celsius.

It plays sound for a few seconds afterward but then becomes unresponsive to the power button and keyboard so I have to turn the psu off.

Help would be greatly appreciated

and for some reason it keeps posting this in general discussion not bsod support

A:Black screen when watching videos full screen and exiting games

How old is your PSU? what brand is the PSU? the video card is Radeon? Have you tried to put the video card into a different PCIe slot? have you tried to do a "clean boot", with only MS programmes starting, as in diagnostic startup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345372-black-screen-when-watching-videos-full-screen-exiting-games.html
Relevancy 60.63%

The problem started around a week or two ago. When I run full screen games, the screen becomes black and the system does not respond to anything. Programs in the background still run as audio can still be heard. I suspect it may be BSOD but am unsure. The problem does not occur right away, it happens when the program has been on for around 10 minutes.

Some additional info: When I received the computer from the seller, I accidentally uninstalled some drivers and had to reinstall them. I tried to find the drivers on the NVIDIA site but the ones marked for my GPU did not work. I found another driver that worked, but I am not sure if that caused other issues.

- Windows 7
- 64 bit
- Original Vista installation
- Full retail OS version
- Hardware around 2 years old
- Windows 7 installed July 13, 09
- Intel Core2 Duo [email protected]
- NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS
- System Manufacturer: Gateway

A:Black screen when running full screen games

One crash from back in January blaming a network driver

Code:
NETw5s64.sys Wed Jan 13 11:37:13 2010 (4B4DF6B9)
Update your driver - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...20Applications

Code:
31/12/2008 11:29:28 AM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\evbda.sys
This belongs to a Broadcom network device. It shows that it isn't running, but the driver is still on the computer and is from 2008. Either uninstall it or update it - Broadcom.com - Broadcom License Agreement

Code:
07/01/2011 9:07:22 PM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Video card is outdated.
Download newest driver from here - NVIDIA DRIVERS 295.73 WHQL
Uninstall current device from device manager. Make sure to choose the option to remove driver software.
Reboot and then install latest package

Code:
sptd.sys Sun Oct 11 16:55:14 2009 (4AD24632)
Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD removal tool. This driver causes many BSOD/computer problems - DuplexSecure

Code:
SRTSP64.SYS Tue Jan 22 00:16:07 2008 (47957C17)
SRTSPX64.SYS Tue Jan 22 00:17:58 2008 (47957C86)
These belong to your Symantec product. Make sure your stuff is all up to date.

Code:
Event[150]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
Date: 2012-02-24T12:49:46.000
Event ID: 1001
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: JuiceBox-PC
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c4 (0x00000000000000f6, 0x00000000000000dc, 0xfffffa8006e30060, 0xfffff8800429fea9). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 022412-32697-01.
This is in your event log, but there is no minidump file. Do you run any system cleaners? If you do, stop, because they delete minidumps.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Tue Jan 17 11:12:09.119 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 3 days 13:17:19.981
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETw5s64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETw5s64.sys
Probably caused by : NETw5s64.sys ( NETw5s64+1f7e43 )
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_NETw5s64+1f7e43
BiosReleaseDate = 12/16/2008
SystemManufacturer = Gateway
SystemProductName = P-7805u
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2260
CurrentSpeed: 2261
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-when-running-full-screen-games-632368.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello i have an Nvidia Geforce go 7900 gs for my laptop. When i play World of Warcraft , the screen goes black , but i can still hear sounds from the game. The Screen never frozed before but it seems that smth is wrong now...

A:Screen goes black when playing WoW

Does the screen go black at any other time when not playing games?

Just to be quite sure, try another monitor and see if the problem is the same.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-when-playing-wow.178515/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello i got a little problem which drives me nuts....when iam playing a game (any game) i can play about 15-40 minutes then the screen goes black and that green thingy which is the corner of my monitor starts blinking as if the monitor is on standby....and then computer makes reboot...i waited a little and then i heard that windows logged in and no display at all...i use Samsung syncmaster 710n with drivers syncmaster 177n/710n,syncmaster magic CX771n/CX701n on Nvidia GForce 6600 GT

help would be appriciated
sorry about my lousy english iam 15 years old :) i hope i made some sense in that talk

A:Black screen during playing

Hi Curlitan ,
Problem:
A blank window sits on my desktop and has no function. I can move it around but I can't delete it. When I reboot my system, it reappears.

Possible Solutions:

[1] Try running your up to date virus scanner and spyware scanners.

Recommended Scanners:

AVG 7.0 Anti-Virus
Ad-aware SE Spyware
Spybot Search & Destroy Spyware
CWShredder Spyware

[2] Try deleting this from SafeMode.

If the above recommendations do not resolve this issue, try this MSKB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?*id=kb;en-us;Q320081

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-during-playing-250616.html