Windows Support Forum

Stereo Mix enabled but not working

Q: Stereo Mix enabled but not working

Sometimes when I'm skyping, I want to play audio so I enable my stereo mix. I got a new computer though so I had to re install the realtek high definition audio recording. I've tried using it, but it doesn't work. It says it's enabled and it's my default device, and no green bars pop up to indicate it's working either. Any help would be cool, thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stereo-mix-enabled-but-not-working.207783/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Stereo Mix enabled but not working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 84.71%

I have searched everywhere without success. Can sks help here?

I am running Win7 and am trying to record from my sound card using Audacity. Just like I've always done, until the last couple of weeks or so.

I have stereo mix enabled but it won't record. In fact when I go into recording devices and play sounds on the laptop the green volume bars do not light up. When I open Audacity and open the mixer, the volume bars light up for firefox and for speakers but not for Audacity.

I've tried disabling and enabling microphone and speakers, unchecking dc cancellation, changing the settings for other comms device sounds. Nothing works...and I'm not alone.

I checked the driver is up to day btw.

Anyone clever to help? I have been told some manufacturers have disabled this feature but it WAS working until recently.

Many many thanks!

A:Stereo Mix enabled but not working

Uninstall, reboot, reinstall Audacity?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stereo-mix-enabled-but-not-working.1031076/
Relevancy 84.71%

I'm trying to get the Stereo Mix device under Recording Devices to actually broadcast sound, but I can't seem to figure out what's wrong with it.

It's enabled, and even set as a default device. I also can't seem to get programs like CamStudio to record the sound even though the option is enabled. Another example of my problem is even though I have a video open in ManyCam, it won't broadcast the video's sound, although I can still hear the sound from the program itself.

This computer originally came with Vista, and none of the above worked then, either.

Here's a picture of my recording devices: http://i38.tinypic.com/11s1r8y.png

I've tried updating the driver from this link: Realtek High Definition Audio Codec (Windows Vista / Windows 7) - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

But with no luck.

A:Stereo Mix enabled but not working

I just purchased HP Pavilion p6510f and it has this realtek codec as well. Enabled the stereo mix which was disabled as default and I am having the same problem. When I play a song or anything, no green bars going up and down on the stereo mix.

I updated my drivers already and read articles upon articles. There doesn't seem to be a solid answer yet. Anyone have a fix for this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/102981-stereo-mix-enabled-but-not-working.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Okay, I tried everything from enabling mobo sound from bios, updating drivers, reinstalling drivers, and enable stereo mix from sound control panel. Whatever I do, I can't seem to get my stereo mix to work, it's there and enabled. It also says that the device is working properly, but when I play a song or any sound that I hear from my speakers/headphones from the "playback" tab.. it does not relay to the stereo mix from the "recording" tab. So the stereo mix isn't catching "what i hear", but IT IS enabled. Does anyone have a clue why this would happen? or any suggestions to fixing this problem?

I am running on a HP Pavilion P6510f
AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.80Ghz
Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit OS)
Realtek High Definition Audio

Any help will be much appreciated.

A:Stereo Mix Enabled, but no sound?

Is it set as the Default Recording Device?

Ap

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/104497-stereo-mix-enabled-but-no-sound.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Programs tested: Hypercam, Bandicam (using WASAPI)
Windows 7
Headphone w/ Mic

I get this reverb when playing back videos I've taken on my desktop, ie Youtube or otherwise. When playing them on the site's they're fine, but the recording is louder(levels, I assume) and has reverb. It's not quite an echo, but it's like it's playing in a hallway or amphitheater.

I've tried disabling the microphone, changing kHz, reviewing the RealTek control panel to see if there are any unusual sound effects/"corrections" (none).

Using the PCM codec seems to do it *slightly* less than MPEG-1 L2. Mono/Stereo makes no difference. I'm hesitant about changing codecs but I'm already using Realtek so I dunno what to do. :/

A:Stereo Mix - getting reverberation, no driver SFX enabled.

This would seem to be the program you are using to recording the videos and not an actual "sound card" problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/204070-stereo-mix-getting-reverberation-no-driver-sfx-enabled.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I recently came to a sound hiccup when I wanted to set my live stream to record audio and video from my desktop video works fine no question but speak to my viewer s on skype with my microphone I ve always had stereo mix enabled and I believe it s worked fine in the past but recently it s acting up For some reason only the Microphone or Stereo mix work one at a time I either have to disable one to get the other work or set one as the quot Default Device quot When setting as the default device that particular option will work and the other will not When stereo mix is set the microphone levels the little green bars are nonexistent as I run my finger past the mic or blow into it Same with the stereo mix if the Mic is set to default and I play sounds What s weird was when I was in Skype pressing one function to be the default did not change enabled; sound yet no Stereo mix produces what picked up sound That is when I had to disable the other in Stereo mix enabled; yet produces no sound order to get one to work I am on Realtek Stereo mix enabled; yet produces no sound High Definition Audio and my driver is all up to date Stereo mix enabled; yet produces no sound I have done countless searches most of them lead to how to enable stereo mix and the few that actually recognize the problem I have seem to not have a posted solution nbsp

A:Stereo mix enabled; yet produces no sound

I don't know if this might apply or you've checked (i've seen posts about it) but if you're running Vista or Win 7 check the tabs under Control Panel->Sound as i believe you find a check box to Allow an application to grab exclusive use of the mic. So i think the first app that grabs it works and others might not

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stereo-mix-enabled-yet-produces-no-sound.159985/
Relevancy 66.65%

Okay so I want to record videos but camstudio pops up with an error that can be cured by enabling stero mix; however, when I do things go terribly. The "recording devices" tab freezes. I can't play youtube videos or listen to any audio. It then says windows shell dll isn't responding and something else "unknown" isn't responding.

A:Stereo Mix Enabled freezes computer

Hello,

Check you have the latest version by going to the website. Or try re-installing the software.

Regards,
George

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stereo-mix-enabled-freezes-computer-543373.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi all I'm new to the forums so sorry if anything is wrong I just bought a brand new computer just to play with d vision glasses but I'm having problems to play After a play CRASH when to game try 3D STEREO enabled with a fresh install of Win bits I installed the latest Nvidia drivers for my graphics card and d vision If i try to play the game with Stereoscopic D OFF there is no problem at all But if I turn CRASH when try to play a game with STEREO 3D enabled Stereoscopic D ON on the NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL and doesnt matter if I set to d vision discover or the real d vision the game crashes almost immediately when gamplay starts I tried to Hide Stereoscopic d effects when game starts but it crashes anyway Sometimes it just crashes and by crtl alt del I can get out but sometimes I get BSOD It only crashes IN GAME I can use Windows with no problems There are two more things if I set the game to a low resolution like x and turn the Anti-Aliasing off the game runs with no problem And I also can use d vision glasses works ok I tried with the drivers and and nothing solved Do you guys think it might be a hardware problem My VGA is new I took the Graphics Card to a friends house who have almost an identical system and the game crashed there too I have a XFX GTX single PCB and he have a EVGA GTX double PCB We both use Win bits and he can play with his card with d vision with no problems at all Can somebody help me This is driving me nuts Thanks in advance

A:CRASH when try to play a game with STEREO 3D enabled

Hi!

Can you try to get your friend's EVGA GTX295 double PCB to your place and try it in your PC?

If it does not crash, then its your XFX card's fault.

If it still crashes, post your full system specifications by completing your profile in User Control Panel. Or you can post them here.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/29810-crash-when-try-play-game-stereo-3d-enabled.html
Relevancy 64.93%

After upgrading from Win to Win on a TOSHIBA Satellite C -S laptop I lost everything in the in in Conexant Enabled Windows 'Stereo Audio 10 HD SOLVED: Mix' 'Recording Devices' window Control Panel Sound then open the 'Recording' tab except the internal microphone even with the Show Disabled Devices amp Show Disconnected Devices BOTH checked With Win I had solved this problem with the instructions by poster 'wildzero' found at this previous 'bleepingcomputer com' thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t conexant-smartaudio-hd-sound-card-enable-stereo-mix But after the Win upgrade I had trouble locating the INF file that had to be edited to gain the 'Stereo Mix' back to being visible because the SOLVED: Enabled 'Stereo Mix' in Conexant HD Audio in Windows 10 Conexant HD Audio driver was different hence the folder and file name had changed from the Win OS Also worth noting here is that the Conexant HD Audio driver I was dealing with is bit v On the TOSHIBA laptop Satellite C -S it ended up being SOLVED: Enabled 'Stereo Mix' in Conexant HD Audio in Windows 10 a file named CALCC WA inf located inside the C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository CALCC WA inf amd bd a folder Find and open with Notepad the CALCC WA inf file inside that folder BUT You must FIRST change the permissions of this file to save the editing otherwise you'll get a pop-up window telling you that you don't have permission to alter this file Do this by 'right-clicking' on the file and click 'Properties ' then click the 'Security' tab at the top of the 'Properties' pop-up window Then make sure all of the 'Allow' boxes are checked for each Group user name in the upper part of the 'Permissions' window then click 'Apply' at the bottom of the 'Permissions' window and exit Once 'Permissions' are allowed click the Edit tab at the top-left of the Notepad app window and then find and click either Find or Find Next in the drop-down window I just entered stereo in the 'Find' box and then clicked 'next ' It took me right to these three lines HKR EPattributePath EpSettings StereoMixEnable Enable HKR EPattributePath EpSettings StereoMixEnable MixAssocSeq E E HKR EPattributePath EpSettings StereoMixEnable MuteGainSettings Remove the 'semi-colons' from the front of each line so they now look like this HKR EPattributePath EpSettings StereoMixEnable Enable HKR EPattributePath EpSettings StereoMixEnable MixAssocSeq E E HKR EPattributePath EpSettings StereoMixEnable MuteGainSettings If you successfully changed the 'Permissions' you should then be able to 'save' the editing you have done and close the Notepad app Then I didn't do this but you should probably reset the 'Permissions' settings back to their previous state for the CALCC WA inf file If you have successfully accomplished all of this up to this point the next step is to go to the 'Device Manager' in the Control Panel and find your Conexant HD Audio device in there and uninstall the drivers for it DO NOT select or check the box labelled Delete the driver software for this device only 'uninstall ' If it is already 'checked' then 'UN-check' it Then restart your computer and you should be able to find the Stereo Mix device in 'Control Panel Sound Recording tab' IF you have already right-clicked inside the box under the 'Recording' tab and checked Show Disabled Devices amp Show Disconnected Devices I hope this works for you as well as it did for myself

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629657/solved-enabled-stereo-mix-in-conexant-hd-audio-in-windows-10/
Relevancy 53.75%

hi , iam trying to fix this problem but can't find a solution. where is the problem?
thx

A:Stereo speaker not working but headphones are working

have you tried another set of speakers?

please add some more details on the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stereo-speaker-not-working-but-headphones-are-working.132853/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey I've been having this problem with stereo mix where it doesn't play the music I listen to I normally sit in skype with my friends while we play I want to enable stereo mix so that they can hear what I listen to Before I formatted my computer it worked but now it doesn't work anymore for some reason I have the same sound card same driver and the same OS The green bar just wont move when I enable Stereo Mix I've been searching alot and there are alot of people having this problem but no fix seems to work for me I've tried Disabling Microphone while enabling Stereo Mix This worked for my laptop but not for my desktop PC where i'm trying to fix it checking quot Listen to this Device quot and selecting default playback device on Stereo Mix and on Mirophone Setting Stereo Mix as default device and default communication device Is there anything else that can help me

A:Stereo Mix not working!

Search on internet for an updated audio driver for the audio device you have on your system. Try with the new driver. Sometimes it works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/187201-stereo-mix-not-working.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have Windows 7 Home Premium and a Realtek High Definition Audio card thing. My microphone works perfectly. When I make a sound the mic "confirms" me that it can "hear" me. Stereo Mix on the other hand doesn't. It was working just a couple of days ago. I've tried all combinations. Disabling the mic and enabling stereo mix, enabling both... all possible combinations. Last time I remember it working, I was recording something with the "Sound Recorder". It simply stopped working, suddenly.

Please Help!

A:Stereo Mix not working

Have you tried a System Restore to a date prior to the loss of stereo mix?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/150499-stereo-mix-not-working.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I own an Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme mother board with a Realtek High Definition Audio system.

To my dismay the stereo mix has been disabled and even worse so, when enabled it still does not respond to sounds.

Is there a way to get it to work again?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/64762-stereo-mix-not-working.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I know some, if not all of you saw the title of this thread and groaned, because if my extensive google search is any indication, this question gets asked a LOT. Even then though, I've had this problem for a few days and nothing has seemed to work. Stereo mix is my default device, the levels are fine...I'm legitimately at a loss here.

I was recently on an unexpectedly bumpy plane flight with my laptop...could something be broken internally as a result?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Stereo Mix Not Working...

I doubt that the bumpy plane ride caused any problems. Uninstall your sound device in the Device Manager (do not uninstall the drivers) then restart the PC and when Windows starts it will reinstall the sound. If there was a status corruption this usually fixes it. The next step if that does not work would be to install your PC vendor's sound driver (don't use the generic driver that Windows may install).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/186358-stereo-mix-not-working.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Yes, I have it "plugged in" to the Realtek Speakers, yes it is my default audio,
Yes, I have everything unplugged. It's still not working.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fdc69c05-29b0-4055-9fc1-479b2df7a5a9/stereo-mix-not-working?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm having difficulty getting Stereo Mix to work at all I have searched a ton on Google and these boards but nothing helped me Specs Windows x Gigabyte GA-Z -D H mobo VIA high definition audio driver which includes Stereo Mix Intel Display Audio for HDMI I believe HDMI from Mix It's At Not All Stereo Working Problem. mobo to TV input Sound and video are via HDMI and simply come out of my TV The problem I am having is that the Stereo Mix option is not functioning What I mean by Stereo Mix Problem. It's Not Working At All this is that Stereo Mix does not receive any sound I can confirm this because the green bars to the right are not moving when sound is coming through my TV speakers HDMI the option titled Speakers or any other playback option I have Stereo Mix enabled not muted and set as the default I Stereo Mix Problem. It's Not Working At All would prefer to have sound come via HDMI and be able to record it in Audacity via Stereo Mix I know the problem is not with Audacity because Stereo Mix never receives anything in the first place I recently clean re-installed Windows and I was able to record Stereo Mix before the re-install I am wondering if the HDMI output uses a different driver and is not compatible with Stereo Mix from VIA If this is the case then I will need help figuring out what has changed with my system so that I can get it back like it used to be If you need more info I will gladly provide Thank you BigGoose

A:Stereo Mix Problem. It's Not Working At All

In order for stereo mix to record anything the sound must go though the sound card. However HDMI is bypassing the sound card and sending the pure digital audio directly to the TV. Your sound card does not even touch the audio.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/298298-stereo-mix-problem-its-not-working-all.html
Relevancy 52.03%

For some reason awhile back I used to be able to record with Stereo Mix on Audacity Hypercam even to other not Stereo anymore Mix is working people on Skype But all of a sudden out of nowhere it just stopped working There was a time where it said it Stereo Mix is not working anymore was unavailable but now it says it is working but when I try to record sound using Stereo Mix it either doesn't record the sound or the program doesn't recognize that Stereo Mix exists I have quot Realtek AC' Audio for VIA R Audio Controller quot under my Stereo Mix properties I'm guessing Stereo Mix is not working anymore that's like the driver or audio device name When I try to record in Audacity I get a message saying quot Error while opening sound device Please check the input device settings and project sample rate quot The input device the Realtek AC' I'm guessing says it's quot working quot and the project sample rate is the exact same as it says in my recording settings Stereo Mix is not working anymore My guess is that Audacity doesn't see quot Stereo Mix quot or quot Realtek AC' quot as a device currently on my computer which doesn't make any sense cuz my computer says otherwise It also doesn't make sense because I'm able to select quot Stereo Mix quot as a device for recording IN Audacity itself I've read other posts about this problem and none seemed to be of any help I've tried the solution posted but didn't fix it Is it because my quot Stereo Mix quot isn't set up to my speakers or something Is it because I have Realtek AC' and not the HD one Could it have something to do with my current USB Microphone which that seems to work just fine for recording I dunno like I said it quot used quot to work but just suddenly out of nowhere didn't work anymore By the way It is set as the default device and is enabled and says it's quot working quot It also does not have any green bars next to it or lack thereof and in the properties I do not see a quot listen quot tab

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/296615-stereo-mix-not-working-anymore.html
Relevancy 52.03%

For some reason awhile back I used to anymore is Mix Stereo working not be able to record with Stereo Mix on Audacity Hypercam even to other people on Skype Stereo Mix is not working anymore But all of a sudden out of nowhere it just stopped working There was a time where it said it was unavailable but now it says it is working but when I try to record sound using Stereo Mix it either doesn't record the sound or the program doesn't recognize that Stereo Mix exists I have quot Realtek AC' Audio for VIA R Audio Controller quot under my Stereo Mix properties I'm guessing that's like the driver or audio device name When I try to record Stereo Mix is not working anymore in Audacity I get a message saying quot Error while opening sound device Please check the input device settings and the project sample rate quot The input device the Realtek AC' I'm guessing says it's quot working quot and the project sample rate is the exact same as it says in my recording settings My guess is that Stereo Mix is not working anymore Audacity doesn't see quot Stereo Mix quot or quot Realtek AC' quot as a device currently on my computer which doesn't make any sense cuz my computer says otherwise It also doesn't make sense because I'm able to select quot Stereo Mix quot as a device for recording IN Audacity itself I've read other posts about this problem and none seemed to be of any help I've tried the solution posted but didn't fix it Is it because my quot Stereo Mix quot isn't set up to my speakers or something Is it because I have Realtek AC' and not the HD one Could it have something to do with my current USB Microphone which that seems to work just fine for recording I dunno like I said it quot used quot to work but just suddenly out of nowhere didn't work anymore By the way It is set as the default device and is enabled and says it's quot working quot It also does not have any green bars next to it or lack thereof and in the properties I do not see a quot listen quot tab

A:Stereo Mix is not working anymore

Since this is a Vista problem, you should repost this on our Vista Forum section.

Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/234248-stereo-mix-not-working-anymore.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi guys this is probably a dumb question but I'm trying to record system audio in Stereo not Mix working Recording off a couple of different applications and it's not working Specifically Recording off Stereo Mix not working I'm trying to record audio off the web in Audacity and system audio to accompany screenshot video in Debut Video Capture Based on google-fu I went into the Sounds Control Panel and enabled Stereo Mix but even when I select it as the record input in the applications I get total silence on the recording even though the expected sound is coming out of my speakers I'm using Windows Home Again The problem is NOT simply Recording off Stereo Mix not working that Stereo Mix is disabled That seems to be a common problem and enabling it Recording off Stereo Mix not working suffices for most people But as I said I've already done this but when I select Stereo Mix as the input it simply doesn't work Any help would be much appreciated It's probably something simple I'm missing but I've tried everything I can think of or find info about online Thanks

A:Recording off Stereo Mix not working

Hi,
1.Have you set Stereo Mix as default device and default communication device? Just as a mention, enable is not the same as default (green check mark).
2.Also, try disabling Microphone while enabling Stereo Mix.
3.If the methods above not work, reinstall the sound driver for test.
Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sounds> Click "Device Manager".
Find the driver/device that you wish to reinstall, which would be your sound driver, "right-click" and select "uninstall".

Then reboot, if this was a Windows provided driver, then your PC should reinstall it the next time you log back in. If it requires the driver from the manufacturer you will be prompted to provide it.
Meanwhile, I still want to mention the steps to enable Stereo Mix.
How To Enable ?Stereo Mix? in Windows 7 (to Record Audio)
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39532/how-to-enable-stereo-mix-in-windows-7-to-record-audio/
Please note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Hope this helps,
Ada Liu
We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5eef4af9-3632-455b-acd0-ef48dc88818c/recording-off-stereo-mix-not-working?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, I am trying to get stereo mix working. I have installed a Sound Blaster Audigy 5/Rx capable of it, but even when enabled and set to default, it does not pick up any audio. My suspected reasons are that my Blue Yeti microphone, SteelSeries Siberia Elite Prism headset (with external sound card), and possibly Virtual Audio Cable (VAC) are likely interfering with it. Here is a screenshot of my recording devices:

I have only gotten it to pick up sound with Virtual Audio Cable uninstalled and my headset + sound card disconnected, but it is impractical for me to set it up like this. I have also tried disabling other recording devices (to no avail) and reinstalling the Sound Blaster card completely. Are there any practical ways to get stereo mix to work with the headset and VAC? Or is this simply not possible without neutering my set up?

Thank you!

ezander11

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/393366-stereo-mix-not-working-any-workarounds.html
Relevancy 52.03%

EDIT: I managed to figure it out. I moved my headphones to a different jack. I'd like to use that one still, so help me figure this out. When plugged into the back, Stereo Mix works. When I have it plugged into the front jack, Stereo Mix picks up nothing. What can I do to solve this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stereo-mix-stopped-working.989489/
Relevancy 52.03%

Ever since I 'upgraded' to Vista, I've been having troubles with Stereo Mix. First, it didn't show up, it was disabled in the Vista drivers (SoundMax HD), so I edited them and Stereo Mix and CD Audio now works, but.. it's really quiet, and I mean really quiet, barely audible.

Anyway I can up the sound on Stereo Mix?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/got-stereo-mix-working-but-its-really-quiet-290956.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I m running Windows XP SP on a Gateway DX X desktop and though I have been able to use the Stereo Mix setting to record audio as it s played by my computer in Solved: Mix Stereo longer working no the past it doesn t appear to be working at all now Judging by the Google searches that I ve done this seems to be a fairly infamous problem but none of the solutions I ve tried have helped so far I use GoldWave to record most of my audio and Stereo Mix does appear alongside Line in and Mic Volume in Goldwave s Control Properties window but its volume is set to Whenever I Solved: Stereo Mix no longer working try raising Stereo Mix s volume and closing the window it always gets reset to Not surprisingly if I try recording something in Goldwave with Stereo Mix selected no sound is recorded I recently replaced my computer s hard drive and I was having some problems with my sound a couple Solved: Stereo Mix no longer working months earlier my computer stopped playing any sound and I eventually managed to fix it Solved: Stereo Mix no longer working by downloading a certain codec I don t know how long the Stereo Mix has been non-functional since it has been a long time since I tried recording any audio using it Also all the sliders in the Recording Control window are greyed out except for the one for the Recording volume I m using Realtek High Definition Audio and here s the info for my sound setup that I was able to find Driver version DirectX version Audio Codec ALC Aside from getting a better sound card what should I do to fix this problem Also here s my SysInfo log Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation D GVSE Antivirus ESET NOD Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Click to expand nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I have my pc run through my home stereo, it used to sound good but now it doesn't and no matter what i can't get it to work properly anymore. When i put a tape or a cd into the stereo they sound fine but no matter how much i try to tweak the settings when i play music from my computer it's really sharp pitched and there is tons of static/playback what can i do to fix this

A:pc sound run through home stereo not working

try ajusting either the computer volume up and stereo volume down OR vice versa.
hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-sound-run-through-home-stereo-not-working.101917/
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok I have been working at this other in recording ways and not Stereo mix working for a while now and I don t know what to do I want to record myself while playing game But I can t seem to get the Stereo mix to work Some days ago I got it to record sound off my computer but it was not recording my voice Now it dose not seem to be working at all When trying to use it with audacity I get this All other recorders have there own messages saying Stereo mix not working and recording in other ways the same thing or it can not be found Hypercam record Video ok but there no sound Can still record with my mic I want to try this http www labnol org software record-streaming-audio and see if this will work But I will need to buy the jack splitter and I m not too sure if it will work or not So yeah if anyone can help me with this that will be great Thank you for you time Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card LogMeIn Mirror Driver Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway IPIMB-AR nbsp

A:Stereo mix not working and recording in other ways

I've not used/tested Win8, however, with previous OS, Stereo Mix is not supported by all audio chipsets and driver versions.

Try this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...indows-8/f8e28514-fc17-46ae-b9f5-1c061c2753b8

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stereo-mix-not-working-and-recording-in-other-ways.1139301/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all!

I have a CREATIVE Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-E Audio Card, and would like to connect my Yamaha PSR-E433 Electronic Keyboard and a Tivoli Audio Digital Radio to my INTEL Core i7-6700K computer preferably on the same input, running MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit.

And hence, my question is as follows;

Can a 3.5mm Stereo Plug to 2 x 3.5mm Stereo Jack Splitter Adaptor INPUT sound?

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,
midimusicman79

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631922/can-a-35mm-stereo-plug-to-2-x-35mm-stereo-jack-splitter-adaptor-input-sound/
Relevancy 50.74%

This is the deal When I record things with Fraps the audio is really awkward It sounds like the bass has been turned upp a trillion times The thing is that I've searched this forum and others for a solution and I've tried several of them None seems to be working The thing is that I need to lower the volume of my stereo mix setting to make this work with fraps apparently However the problem is that I can't change it The setting is Mix slider not working! volume Help appreciated! Stereo there but I just can't change the volume The slider isn't even greyed out it just won't budge I've also seen that this appears to be a Stereo Mix volume slider not working! Help appreciated! common problem with Realtek audio as other people seems to have the same issue not being able to slide the volume and I've even tried some sollutions fidgeting with the Realtek HD Audio Manager like changing the frequency to a lower setting No dice Any advice would be really appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stereo-mix-volume-slider-not-working-help-appreciated-465472.html
Relevancy 50.74%

*70 enabled but now its not working...i wonder if i need a callwave or call alert program?? plese help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/70-enabled-but-now-not-working.275474/
Relevancy 50.31%

So I just got Speakers this Christmas and I set them up took about hours to finally get them working from watching working, longer sound. HD Stereo transfer No won't Mix Audio) (VIA many youtube videos Basically I set it up Stereo Mix (VIA HD Audio) No longer working, won't transfer sound. so I can have lets say Music playing through my headphones and my speakers at the same time All of this is possible through the Stereo mix How I have it setup as of then when it was working Speakers is Default Device Headphone is Ready Microphone is Default Device Stereo Mix is Ready The Stereo mix options are as follows I watched youtube video and got this to work perfectly Check Listen to this Device Playback Through this Device Headphone And now today the Stereo mix is no longer working listening to the speaker then to transfer that sound to the Microphone from the Stereo mix so basically I can't listen to any application that takes sound to the speaker and have the sound go to my headphones This is a Big problem cause I like to play music and talk on Skype and have that sound go to headphones then have my video-game sound playing through my speakers Recently I updated something to do with Microsoft Visual C and NET Framework I don't know when my Stereo mix stopped working but I know that after I installed both of them it stopped working no evidence of these being the cause but it could be I AM SORRY IF ALL THIS IS CONFUSING I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE

A:Stereo Mix (VIA HD Audio) No longer working, won't transfer sound.

In RealTek, there is an option to have the speakers still work when a headset is plugged in. It has nothing to do with Stereo Mix (which is for Recording).

I don't know what type of control panel VIA has but look for a panel, probably in the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/358070-stereo-mix-via-hd-audio-no-longer-working-wont-transfer-sound.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello, I bought a "Plantronics Audio 60 Stereo PC Headset" from amazon awhile ago, and I'm not *entirely* sure if it actually worked from the beginning...but it sure as hell isn't workin now.

*Running halflife*

Well anyway, it works GREAT when I do sound recording (Start/Programs/Accessories/Entertainment/Sound Recorder) but when I try to do it in a game, no one can hear me (when I did the voice tweak, it plays kinda staticy the thing that I said, then repeats it over and over again, getting louder each time. The other config option doesn't help either) Has anyone else experienced problems with this product, or any product and experienced the same problem..? Is it fixable, or will I have to get support from plantronics? Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plantronics-audio-60-stereo-pc-headset-not-working-in-games.153252/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello
I am just writin 2 u with a problem l have with my logitech clearchat stereo headset and microphone its not workin and its not detected on the computer when l first brought it worked but now it doesnt do l need to install any drivers for it to work my laptop is with windows vista home premium plz can u help l dunno wat to do without it
Thanxs

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/229455-logitech-clearchat-stereo-headset-microphone-not-working.html
Relevancy 50.31%

i'd like to get bluetooth working but it seems i've bumped into dead ends and no avail yet to get bluetooth working on windows -bit nbsp i tried both bluetooth drivers from the official product's driver page from hp sp amp sp nbsp driver page - nbsp http support hp com us-en drivers selfservice HP-Pavilion-dv - -Entertainment-Notebook-PC-serie nbsp i tried running both in compability mode for xp sp and windows no get bluetooth enabled/working? avail they didn't work nbsp get bluetooth enabled/working? sp outputs the error bluetooth hardware must be switched on to run this setup package but the thing is that i've yet to see find bluetooth under devices so i can enable it nbsp sp outputs error this app can't run on this pc as i said before - i tried compability mode for both xp sp and windows it did not work either nbsp under c SWSetup SP there's Inst exe and BTW msi both let me install the driver software but it does not work i still didn't find bluetooth under gt devices in settings even after install installed these nbsp would really appreciate the solution fix workaround to resolve this to get my bluetooth going for windows -bit nbsp i don't want to revert back to windows just to get bluetooth working i just want to use my bluetooth speaker with my laptop nbsp Solved View Solution

A:get bluetooth enabled/working?

Hi: According to the product specs page for your notebook, it does not come with built in bluetooth networking. http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv5-2100-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/4210545/model/4317148/document/c02474306/ If it did, that feature would have been listed along with the 802.11b/g/n WLAN wireless connectivity specification. Then I looked up the model wireless network adapter your notebook has in the parts list... http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=XH004UA It does not list a separate bluetooth module and the Atheros AR9285 802.11 b/g/n (1x1) WiFi adapter (Most of World) if that is the card you see listed under the network adapters device manager category, is not a combination wireless/bluetooth adapter. So, I would say that you are getting the 'bluetooth hardware must be switched on' message because there is a complete absence of the bluetooth hardware, which according to all I have written, makes sense as to why you can't get the bluetooth to work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/get-bluetooth-enabled-working/td-p/5704876
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there,
I user dell vostro 3560 but not enabled VirtualizationI am trying to run a program which recommends enabling hardware visualization. I have followed the steps to enable Intel VT in uemi/bios menu. However Task Manager says that Virtualization is disabled, despite the fact that I have turned it on in the uemi/bios??I don't have any anti virus software, I don't have Hyper-V (windows 10 home edition, upgraded from Windows 7).Please help, thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996874
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there,

I am trying to run a program which recommends enabling hardware visualization. I have followed the steps to enable Intel VT in uemi/bios menu. However Task Manager says that Virtualization is disabled, despite the fact that I have turned it on in the uemi/bios??

I don't have any anti virus software, I don't have Hyper-V (windows 10 home edition, upgraded from Windows 7).

Please help

A:Virtualization enabled in bios but not working

In Windows 10, Hyper-V must also be enabled in the "Turn Windows Features on or off" portion of the Programs and Features element in Control Panel, to wit:

The checkbox next to Hyper-V must be checked (turned on) and the system rebooted, for Hyper-V to function on a Windows 10 PC. It is not turned on by default.
And ooops! while I'm thinking about it, my recent online check confirms that Hyper-V is not an available feature on Windows 10 Home. It is only available in the Pro, Enterprise and Education editions of Windows 10. But even in those editions, it must be turned on before it can be used. Here's a Spiceworks post to confirm: Is there no way to use Hyper-V Manager on Windows 10 home? - Virtualization - Spiceworks.
HTH,
--Ed--

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/69235-virtualization-enabled-bios-but-not-working.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey everyone!

So i bought some new ram as I use to run on one stick, (1 x 4GB) this new ram was compatible with my motherboard so i bought (2 x 4GB), i will list everything you guys would need to know spec wise:

Processor: AMD ATHLON X4 760K QUAD PROCCESOR

MOBO: GIGABYTE F2A58M -HD2

RAM: HyperX FURY Series 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 1866MHz CL10 DIMM Memory

But i know its not a hardware thing as all my sticks work singularly in both slots, but it does not pick up two sticks.
http://prntscr.com/9wy5gp

This is a picture of my computer on the bios, as you can see it knows two sticks are installed, but only one is enabled, how do i enable both?

Many thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-sticks-are-working-but-not-enabled-on-bios.1165226/
Relevancy 49.45%

When I Run Hardrive Temperature Monitor Programs...it Says S.m.a.r.t. Not Enabled....yet It Is Enabled In The Bios.

A:I Enabled S.m.a.r.t. Monitoring In The Bios...but Its Not Working

Turining SMART checks on in the BIOS does not "enable" smart. It only tells BIOS to check the SMART status of a hard drive at bootup and complain if it is (supposedly) broken.
SMART is completely done by the hard drive itself and it is up to the drive how many SMART functions to implement or whether to have the functionaility turned on or not.

Maybe you HD just doesn't have SMART or the temperature monitoring capability? Or, maybe the monitor program doesn't know how to interpret the temperature values of your specific drive?

Also, you cannot do SMART on RAID arrays. So if you have some fakeraid controller, it may be masking all SMART information.

You should use the definitive SMART utility - smartmontools to take a look at your drives and enable SMART if needed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-enabled-s-m-a-r-t-monitoring-in-the-bios-but-its-not-working.87688/
Relevancy 49.45%

I just turned on the laptop and as was trying to set up wifi connections the touchpad stopped working.

I tried the Fn+F9 but nothing changed. I turned the laptop off and then back on without any results.

I can work connecting a usb mouse, but the touchpad is still not working.

Do you have any solution or do I have to take it to be repaired?

I bought it one week ago and I just had office and antivirus installed and was working perfectly well up until now.

Thank you

A:Satellite Z30-B-100 - enabled touchpad not working

Does the touchpad work in the BIOS?

If not, it may be a hardware problem, or it is simply disabled in the BIOS.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83531-Satellite-Z30-B-100-enabled-touchpad-not-working
Relevancy 49.45%

This is what i got in ipconfig As you can see it's not detecting the Wireless LAN card I've done everything reinstalling drivers reboot after reboot I don't know what to do I'm Said Wireless card Enabled but working isn't My running My Wireless card Said Enabled but isn't working Toshiba Satlelite C with windows bit my card is atheros Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Michael gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Michael-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet C ontroller NDIS Physical Address - - C-E - C-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ca b fc c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday January AM Lease Expires Friday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - E-C - -DE- B- B- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap df a Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Michael gt

A:My Wireless card Said Enabled but isn't working

I have found that some older cards (even 2 years old) do not work well with x64 installs....you could test with an x86 machine if you have one available. I had to purchase a new card due to x64 (the card does work with an x86 install however) and got a decent card for about $14 (Sabrent Wireless-G 802.11G PCI Adapter) from TigerDirect.

B/G card: Sabrent PCI-G802 PCI Wireless Card - 54Mbps, 802.11g, Windows/Mac/Linux Compatible at TigerDirect.com

N/B/G card: Sabrent 802.11n Wireless PCI Controller Card - 802.11n/g/b, 300Mbps, 40/64/128-bit WEP encryption at TigerDirect.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/210707-my-wireless-card-said-enabled-but-isnt-working.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have been working on getting a group policy to work, but have not had success. I have enabled the policy through gpedit.msc, and it is showing as enabled, however it is not being enforced. Is there a step that I missed along the way? Thanks.

A:Group Policy enabled, but not working

Hello Thill, and welcome to Eight Forums.

What group policy are you trying to enable?

Do you have Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.1 Pro installed?

In addition, please post screenshots showing your settings to see if it may help reveal anything.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Eight Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58229-group-policy-enabled-but-not-working.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello guys so let me explain the problem after playing some arma on the dev brench with my SLI enabled x s but atm for now they're at the original switch so stock speeds after - Minutes of gameplay my game freezes for a second or just pops up ArmA has stopped working so i tried it with ArmA OA and the same thing happend thats weird before that didnt happen at all now i tried hawken wich is in beta atm and after the same minutes i get a BSOD ill when Game enabled. stopped is working SLI has post them bellow this doesnt happen when SLI is disabled i tried other forums even the Hawken support forum couldnt not help me out things i tried older drivers memtest Anti virus found virusses they got cleaned up but with no help ofcourse All drivers seem to be up-to-date even the windows updates are up-to-date tested each GPU in slot and theyre working correctly system specs i K hz Asrock Extreme x msi lightning 's when switch is pulled GB Kingston HyperX SSD Crucial M TB WD Inch Samsung SyncMaster Most of the threads i made where stuck at the qeustion test the PSU but i dont have another one seems and im not sure if it is the Game has stopped working when SLI is enabled. PSU itself should i just test the psu on a heavy Application like a benchmark heres some info BSOD Dump File - - dmpCrash Time - - Bug Check String DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUALBug Check Code x d Parameter Parameter bParameter Parameter fffff c Caused By Driver nvlddmkm sysCaused By Address nvlddmkm sys b File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmpProcessors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time - - QUOTE BSOD Dump File - - dmpCrash Time - - Bug Check String UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAPBug Check Code x fParameter Parameter Parameter f Parameter fffff c e Caused By Driver nvlddmkm sysCaused By Address nvlddmkm sys File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmpProcessors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time - - Edited by Toxsick - at pm View History

A:Game has stopped working when SLI is enabled.

Well, the first BSOD message is a driver issue. The second BSOD could be mutiple things. Heres a couple things you can try:

- Reseat the RAM
- If you are OCing the RAM and or CPU, set it to default
- Make sure all fans are running
- Check all temperatures to check for overheating
- When booting use "last known good config"
- Reset all bios settings, which should default to using one card. If it boots right, restart and switch ONLY the SLI mode and see how the game runs
- And yes you would either need a PSU tester or another PSU to see if its the PSU.

Cant think of too much more.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506839/game-has-stopped-working-when-sli-is-enabled/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have no audio XPS stereo no for (8900) New speakers -- stereo audio but when I go to right-click sound icon in tray -- gt Playback Devices -- gt Playback tab -- gt right click quot Speakers Headphones Realtek High Definition Audio quot -- gt Configure then in Speaker Setup dialog If I select Quadraphonic in the quot Audio channels quot list I hear sound for the RL rear-left and RR rear-right speakers with my stereo speakers plugged into the black jack in back I cannot get sound when testing the regular L and R speakers in Quadraphonic mode I ve tried all jacks When I select Stereo then clicking L or R speaker icon to New XPS (8900) -- no stereo audio for stereo speakers test results in no sound again no matter which of the jacks i New XPS (8900) -- no stereo audio for stereo speakers plug my stereo speakers into So the only way I have sound is in Quadraphonic mode but only for the back speakers Therefore I cannot hear regular stereo output from applications such as Youtube in Chrome This seems like a bug or a highly unintuitive aspect of Realtek s or Dell s software at best Any ideas on how to solve Beside buying full surround sound speakers

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19985865
Relevancy 49.02%

I have Windows 10 Home installed and activated (as Windows to Go) on an external Samsung T1 SSD. I enabled hibernation per the instructions here: Hibernate - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. However, every time I attempt to hibernate, the screen goes black but the PC never powers off and Windows never successfully hibernates. Any ideas what the problem could be? (Hibernation works perfectly on the Windows 7 installation on the internal SSD.)

System: Dell Latitude E6530, Core i5-3210M, 4GB RAM

Thanks!

A:Hibernate Enabled but not working in Win10 Windows to Go

Have you enabled it? It is disabled by default.

What power states does Windows To Go support?

Windows To Go supports all power states except the hibernate class of power states, which include hybrid boot, hybrid sleep, and hibernate. This default behavior can be modified by using Group Policy settings to enable hibernation of the Windows To Go workspace.

Why is hibernation disabled in Windows To Go?

When a Windows To Go workspace is hibernated, it will only successfully resume on the exact same hardware. Therefore, if a Windows To Go workspace is hibernated on one computer and roamed to another, the hibernation state (and therefore user state) will be lost. To prevent this from happening, the default settings for a Windows To Go workspace disable hibernation. If you are confident that you will only attempt to resume on the same computer, you can enable hibernation using the Windows To Go Group Policy setting, Allow hibernate (S4) when started from a Windows To Go workspace that is located at \\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Portable Operating System\ in the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc).

Windows To Go: Frequently Asked Questions

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/37028-hibernate-enabled-but-not-working-win10-windows-go.html
Relevancy 49.02%

i tried a system restore.

i checked the drivers. they all seem ok.

i don't remember which driver that it was.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448545/my-windows-update-quit-working-i-have-it-enabled/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have Windows 10 Home installed and activated (as Windows to Go) on an external Samsung T1 SSD. I enabled hibernation per the instructions here: Hibernate - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. However, every time I attempt to hibernate, the screen goes black but the PC never powers off and Windows never successfully hibernates. Any ideas what the problem could be? (Hibernation works perfectly on the Windows 7 installation on the internal SSD.)

System: Dell Latitude E6530, Core i5-3210M, 4GB RAM

Thanks!

A:Hibernate Enabled but not working in Win10 Windows to Go

Have you enabled it? It is disabled by default.

What power states does Windows To Go support?

Windows To Go supports all power states except the hibernate class of power states, which include hybrid boot, hybrid sleep, and hibernate. This default behavior can be modified by using Group Policy settings to enable hibernation of the Windows To Go workspace.

Why is hibernation disabled in Windows To Go?

When a Windows To Go workspace is hibernated, it will only successfully resume on the exact same hardware. Therefore, if a Windows To Go workspace is hibernated on one computer and roamed to another, the hibernation state (and therefore user state) will be lost. To prevent this from happening, the default settings for a Windows To Go workspace disable hibernation. If you are confident that you will only attempt to resume on the same computer, you can enable hibernation using the Windows To Go Group Policy setting, Allow hibernate (S4) when started from a Windows To Go workspace that is located at \\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Portable Operating System\ in the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc).

Windows To Go: Frequently Asked Questions

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37028-hibernate-enabled-but-not-working-win10-windows-go.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have Turboboost enabled in the bios It says its on Its supposed to boost to ghz stock When I check Computer Details its still ghz I have experience and don't mind overclocking manually however I would much prefer to first try turbo boost and see how that works I might find I dont need to OC anyways It would be nice to Turboboost not working I7 enabled Intel 4790k but see if I can give boos a try before I go tampering with numbers and voltages I might still OC Like I said Would be nice to give turbo a try before I start Intel I7 4790k Turboboost enabled but not working messing with things potentially needlessly I am using an ASUS z HERO VII motherboard and like I mentioned in the title an I k I don't know that this is a item model compatibility issue or not I wouldn't think it is because of how easily I was able to enable Intel I7 4790k Turboboost enabled but not working it in the UEFI Bios On the off chance it is the models might be important I see other people with this issue on the Intel and TomsHW forums Intel I7 4790k Turboboost enabled but not working but after trying their fixes provided they were not out of date nothing worked Could I be missing something is there a driver I need perhaps Unfortunately this is my first tower with an Intel chip in many years and I am not familiar with all the community recommended drivers Only those that are said to be required by the mobo or have come with it On that note though I do have all the mandatory drivers up to date per the Intel website I appreciate any helpful responses It means a lot Hopefully this is a heard of problem that I am just missing a step somewhere and this will be an easy fix fingers crossed

A:Intel I7 4790k Turboboost enabled but not working

I made a discovery that the turbo boost isnt really OC, technically, just dynamically expanding as needed, Marked as solved

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/346378-intel-i7-4790k-turboboost-enabled-but-not-working.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I've had this problem ever since i built the PC and latest drivers don't seem to fix it.

Previously on Win XP, i had to disable a line in to get the mic to work, however those options don't appear to be available on Win 7

i have an EVGA nForce 680i SLi motherboard, and running Win7 64bit Home with onboard sound.

i have updated the latest motherboard and realtek drivers, however cannot find a control panel for the microphone/audio other than windows own. (previously on XP realtek had a very poor UI/software to adjust the settings as well as in windows)

any ideas/help would be great

ta
Chris

A:Microphone not working, is enabled but wont pick up audio

Go to your sound icon down by the clock and right click on it and select sound and then recording devices. Right click in a blank area of the screen there and select show disabled devices and post a screen shot of it if you would.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/184647-microphone-not-working-enabled-but-wont-pick-up-audio.html
Relevancy 48.59%

i was playing steam last night and my pc went to sleep randomly i hit the restart button and it put me at a screen safe mode or startup windows normally and my keyboard and mouse would not work at all. If i was able to get into the bios i would probably be able to fix it but i cant do anything.

A:all usb ports quit working and i have a usb enabled keyboard and mouse

I would first try something simple; shut down the system completely; unplug both the keyboard and mouse; plug them back in again and then try restarting the system and see if that does anything to help ya. If not post back and we can take it from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/362312-all-usb-ports-quit-working-i-have-usb-enabled-keyboard-mouse.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi having scoured your incredibly useful forum I m at a loss so I have a Dell Studio network adapter working enabled no properly but says its and wireless!! which until yesterday was fine however today there is a red cross through the wireless signal and there are no wireless networks visible I know my hub is working fine as my other laptop and various phones tablets etc all connect fine When I click on the netwok adapter settings both the Dell wireless WLAN Mini-card and the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter are enabled and in properties both say that quot This device is working properly quot Have tried pushing wireless button and fn F both seem to do nothing Have run AVG antivirus scan Malwarebytes scan and Ccleaner Have tried network adapter says its enabled and working properly but no wireless!! updating drivers for both adapters successfully Have tried pinging various with no joy at all nothing transmitting or recieving there Have tried resetting winsock Have tried safe mode and clean boot Have deleted Bonjour and most of the Dell Bloatware Totally out of ideas now PLEASE network adapter says its enabled and working properly but no wireless!! HELP Kind Regards Tony nbsp

A:network adapter says its enabled and working properly but no wireless!!

Is ethernet working OK on that PC?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you don't have a satisfactory email address (e.g., from your ISP) you could try http://www.pcworld.com/article/231780/xirrus_wifi_inspector.html. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Identify your network if it shows and is not obvious. Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-says-its-enabled-and-working-properly-but-no-wireless.1132271/
Relevancy 48.59%

First of all, I have to clarify that I use Windows 10 and IE 11.

Currently, I have managed to enable Content Advisor and add several websites to the 'always block specific websites' list. However, I can still access all those websites without interference, even though their urls are exactly the same as those on the blocked list. How can I ensure that Content Advisor is functioning as intended?

Aside from that, are there viable alternatives to Content Advisor for website blocking? I hope to block certain websites to maintain my focus during work, so setting up a child account and restricting that isn't an option. I also do not wish to pay for any software, if possible.

A:Content Advisor enabled but not working - solutions/alternatives?

Hi Clueless,

Did you ever find a solution to the above issue? I'm facing the same issue in IE11 on Win10.

Cheers

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/19629-content-advisor-enabled-but-not-working-solutions-alternatives.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello all I have a problem with my ethernet port installed) drivers not Ethernet working and port (enabled on my Ethernet port not working (enabled and drivers installed) workstation The computer crashed so i reformatted it with a fresh install of WinXp Pro Here are the system specs Symantec Endpoint Protection Windows Firewall Service Pack Network User - Logged on as Administrator on Network Domain Internet comes from modem to port switch to workstation all other stations work fine even with SP Core Duo gb ram Asus P GC mobo Before the internet was working before I reformatted it Now I cant connect to internet network or anything else The network cable is unplugged icon is on at the bottom right corner of the screen I have tried numerous versions of the ethernet driver and nothing helps I have tried setting up a manual connection for broadband connection and nothing works i am assuming it is a software problem because nothing physically happened to the ethernet plug or port I even tried plugging in a different ethernet cable into the pc and still nothing I am thinking it might have somthing to do with SP or some kind of setting not allowing it to be used I checked Device Manager it is working properly and enabled Im stumpted if anyone can help I would appreciate it nbsp

A:Ethernet port not working (enabled and drivers installed)

Send jobeard a pm and ask him to look into this thread

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-port-not-working-enabled-and-drivers-installed.112082/
Relevancy 48.59%

This is another problem happening in Google Chrome, current version on Windows 7.  The Norton Toolbar and Identity-Safe are enabled in the browser but are not working.  These toolbars ARE working in Internet Explorer and in Firefox.  This must be a Google Chrome problem and not a Norton extensions problem.  I make the help request here, because the best advice will come on this forum.  I have no interest in trying to go through the mess which is the Google forums.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578451/norton-toolbar-not-working-in-google-chrome-but-it-is-enabled/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all,
I'm currently very puzzle when I am trying to share my internet connection using ISC but it gives me error saying it cannot be enabled because Routing and Remote Access has been enabled on this computer.
I've disabled the services but still failed to share the connection.
any pointer will be much appreciated.
Error message at http://postimg.org/image/sv43fcozj/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a72ed0ea-ea22-4e8b-815b-6eaf63762647/internet-connection-sharing-ics-cannot-be-enabled-because-routing-and-remote-access-has-been?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi

Win 7 HAV Detection tool indicated my Latitude does not have Virtualization enabled
I went to BIOS settings and changed them to enabled for all 3 Virtualization options, as well as for TPM
(One of the Virtualization settings indicated TPM must be enabled)
I then selected TPM activate and rebooted the machine
However, HAV Tool still says 'Not enabled'

Any ideas?

A:Enabled TPM and HAV (all Virtualization) on Latitude E6420 -> but Windows 7 HAV detection reports not enabled

Dell does not answer questions for the

Microsoft® Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=592

Hyper V   VIRTUALIZATION now requires SLAT instructions which means CORE I3 I5 I7 minimum. SLAT (Second Level Address Translation) is a feature of the CPU. It is called “Rapid Virtualization Indexing (RVI)”, and has been called Extended Page Tables (EPT) by Intel and Nested Page Tables (NPT) by AMD. You can use Wikipedia to look up Intel Nehalem and AMD NPT:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1401.hyper-v-list-of-slat-capable-cpus-for-hosts.aspx

Here's a blog post from Ben Armstrong that should describe how to get it installed:http://blogs.msdn.com/virtual_pc_guy/archive/2009/08/19/running-virtual-pc-2007-on-windows-7.aspx
The key is to uninstall the update that installs WVPC, then it should work.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996352
Relevancy 48.16%

Just posted this in Desktop  by mistake so reposting here
Microsoft HAV Detection Tool reported HAV not enabled
So I went into BIOS settings, enabled all 3 Virtualization options, and noticed that one of them indicated TPM also required.  Enabled TPM and selected Activate.
Then rebooted, and re-ran HAV Detection tool
Still indicates "not enabled" 

Any ideas?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996353
Relevancy 47.3%

hi quick question, when ripping songs from cds should you use stereo or joint stereo. i noticed that no matter which 1 u use, the file size remains the same.

i would like to know whick one gives u the best quality and such....i want my songs to sound the way they do on the cds without losing any information.

A:Solved: Stereo or Joint Stereo?

If you want a technical answer look here

http://harmsy.freeuk.com/mostync/

and here

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=31963&hl=stereo+joint

(it starts a bit flamey, but gets more interesting towards the end)

As for which to use, thats really a personal choice, many will say to go for true stereo, because that is more like the original. However, that isn't necessarily true. It is possible to recreate the original sound via joint stereo (all my music is stored in lossless format and uses JS), and JS performs better under compression than true stereo. Therefore, JS should out perform Stereo in any given amount of data, or, if the quality is the same, the JS compression will give more data to other parts of the track. (I hope that makes sense).

You need to bear in mind that there is only so much data to provide for the track, good compression concentrates the data where it is needed. JS allows more data to be used by more important or noticeable elements in the track.

Of course the best way to find out is to test it yourself and run ABX tests.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16295&

Foobar2000 is a good tool to do ABX tests. Try to use quality audio equipment

Doing these tests will show you what your ears find is the best system, which is what it really comes down to.

It is important that you use a good encoder and a bit-rate that will give you a quality that you are happy with. If you are encoding in MP3, then make sure to use LAME. However, if you can use other encoders (if, for example, you are not limited by hardware compatibilty), there are better out there, Ogg Vorbis for bitrates up to 192, Musepack for higher.

One thing, if when you encode both JS and stereo the file size are the same, it sounds like you are encoding with CBR, generally its best to use VBR.

Also

i want my songs to sound the way they do on the cds without losing any information.Click to expand...

Although you should be able to find a level of compression that will make your tracks sound as good to you as the CDs, the only way to avoid any information loss is to us a lossless compressor (although then we're talking bigger files)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-stereo-or-joint-stereo.392844/
Relevancy 45.15%

I realize the title happens frequently in general I myself have had to go in Mixer U Working Suddenly Hear" Stereo "What Stopped and restore the device countless times on reboot That's not the issue default device device enabled etc For some mysterious reason my What U Hear is malfunctioning and picking up absolutely nothing as of last night's reboot Prior to this for the last few years since being on Win I've had no issues other than the common restore the default enable it etc So what might have changed I had a power outage mid day yesterday I'm pretty sure I didn't attempt to use my What U Hear after this outage but DID use it Stereo Mixer "What U Hear" Suddenly Stopped Working just prior to the outage but was not recording or anything when the outage hit but SF was open I have gone into the BIOS and disabled HD Audio since my MOBO has onboard I really thought this second one was going to fix my problem but no When I go to check my devices in the audio pop-up it shows my speakers Stereo Mixer "What U Hear" Suddenly Stopped Working as the default playback device and the oscillator goes as I play something When I look at the recording tab with the What U hear device enabled amp defaulted the oscillator just sits there dead When I go to properties and either select quot default playback device quot OR select my external speakers both of which should be the speakers WHICH DO oscillate and work just fine it doesn't matter What U Hear still does not pick anything up Any ideas I'm sort of frustrated here and am out of ideas Thanks

A:Stereo Mixer "What U Hear" Suddenly Stopped Working

Two general ideas:

Try a system restore to a point in time before you had issues--before the power outage issue.

Uninstall audio drivers/sound card, reboot, and reinstall audio drivers.

Either might work.

It's at least possible that you had hardware damage due to the power outage.

Stereo mix is shaky on Windows 7 as I am sure you know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/230040-stereo-mixer-what-u-hear-suddenly-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi guys so do mix How device I Stereo when usb is device? working default get I did some tweaking around in Sounds and Realtek HD Audio Manager and I finally got stereo mix working There's only one catch It only picks it up if How do I get Stereo mix working when usb device is default device? my default device is Reaktek HD Speakers I tried setting my USB headset as the default device since I never use my monitor's built in speakers and it didn't work I'm dead confused on what to do now http i tinypic com a uja png To give you an idea in visual terms This used to work fine on Vista dunno what happened when I made the switch to but my friends seem to have no trouble switching back and forth between stereo mix and their mics in Ventrilo which really bugs me Any helps appreciated and if you want more info just ask Edit Hmm I just tried this Downloaded How do I get Stereo mix working when usb device is default device? VAC in playback I set Line as my default device and in the recording tab I made the Line different than the playback one listen to what my USB headset was saying and that somehow worked in letting me use my headset for stereo mix rather than the speakers built into my monitor I know that there are other ways though because I NEVER had to go through all this trouble to do this So help is still appreciated

A:How do I get Stereo mix working when usb device is default device?

Any suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/90217-how-do-i-get-stereo-mix-working-when-usb-device-default-device.html
Relevancy 43%

I plugged in Alfa AWUS036H adapter and Win 8.1 found drivers and installed it. But It is not working.
Below you can see how it looks and my Device Manager. It just says it is "Enabled" and that's it.
It already happened on Win 7 and I had to reinstall windows, but I wouldn't like to do it here

A:Wireless adapter is "Enabled" but not working

Why do you keep installing them over and over, it is obvious that the Realtek is online, with great signal strength. You don't say what kind of device you are using or what you are trying to do with multiple wifi adapters. Do you have multiple routers, a G and a dual band? I'm not sure if you are a person or a poorly written bot program at this point...guess I should call a psychic...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60106-wireless-adapter-enabled-but-not-working.html
Relevancy 35.26%

In Nov 2013 my laptop's motherboard died. I bought a used one that has audio issues and, ever since I installed it in Jan 2014, I haven't been able to get a stereo mix enabled. I've tried 3rd party applications to no avail. I've tried downloading the HD Audio driver from Realtek. Still, nothing. The original audio drive for my computer also doesn't work, and when I download the HP program that detects your product (because, as I thought, "maybe this motherboard is just different and it'll magically pull up a better driver), it cannot even detect a product. So I'm really not sure what to do at this point. Does anyone know of a fix to get my stereo mix back? I'd like to use it for broadcasting.

A:Stereo Mix

Go to control panel and open the sound applet.

Look at the recording tab. Right click in any of the white space in that recording tab. Are you then able to choose "show disabled devices" and "show disconnected devices? If so, you may then be able to use stereo mix.

If that doesn't help, you are probably limited by your motherboard. Some simply won't provide stereo mix in Win 7.

In that case, look to buy an internal or external (USB) sound card that is known to provide stereo mix.

There is some chance you can find an older or different driver that may provide stereo mix, but that can take a lot of time in searching and trial-and-error experimentation, which can be frustrating and yield nothing in the long run.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/367408-stereo-mix.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hai i have gateway MT6840 model notebook. i cant use stereo mixing in my laptop. im using win7 and vista too i have. i tried realtek but its no use. pls help me.

A:STEREO MIX

Drivers for Gateway computers should be obtained from the Gateway website, not from the individual device manufacturer's.
Go here & select your OS from the drop-down menu: Gateway Support - Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook / MT Series / MT6840

PS: It appears that Gateway do not support Windows 7 on the MT6840, but in most cases Vista drivers should work okay (but there are exceptions).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stereo-mix-577355.html
Relevancy 35.26%

my laptop a samsung note book has the built in stereo mix for recording and im into recording hip hop music and i do have a mic but i would like to know if the stereo mix can help me as in quality and sound and also what is it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stereo-mix-691140.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello all,
I am trying to get Stereo Mix working on my windows 7 system. I have it so that it is enabled, and set to default. I also have my Logitech G35 USB headset plugged into my system. What I want is to use it for the tutorial videos I create with Camtasia studio 6. On Camtesia I have the audio also set to Stereo Mix. The problem is when I speak, the Stereo Mix does not register my sound on the meter. I have tried various sound inputs whiel recording, whiel set to Stereo Mix on Camtasia and it does not record.

Any ideas??

A:Need some Stereo Mix help

Have you set the "Recording" device to the USB mic? And set the recording input on the Camtesia to mic? You may have to do that to get it working. A standard analog computer mic may work OK with the Stereo Mix function.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/65296-need-some-stereo-mix-help.html
Relevancy 35.26%

hi guys i just need help with sterio mix in xp cant make it defult?? in vista its eazy and also windows 7 eazy but xp how to i make stero mix my deafult?? i know its the wrong forum sorry guys.

A:stereo mix in XP

I believe you should be able to (doing this off memory) go to the Control Panel --> Sounds and Audio Devices then select the Stereo Mix as your recording device. A screenshot of the devices for default recording available would be useful from XP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/110479-stereo-mix-xp.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I think I may have hinted about this in a previous post, but it is really bugging me. I have an Asus 4S800D-X motherboard from which I have never been able to get stereo sound. When first installed by the shop I had no sound at all. Took it back and when I got it home I had sound but only mono. I thought it might be my speakers so I bought another set, but still only had mono. I recently installed another HDD and when it booted up I had no sound.. I used the MB disk and reinstalled the onboard audio drivers and got sound back but it is still mono. Does anyone have a way to get stereo on this motherboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-stereo.654004/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi Folks,
How do I make 'Stereo Mix' as default permenant. Everytime my friend starts or reboots his pc it changes to IDT High Definition Audio CODEC.
New HP PC Win7 Home Prem 64bit

It sounds like you are referring to two different items. The IDT High Definition Audio CODEDC is the drivers for the IDT sound chip (assuming that is what the person has). The Stereo Mix (also called System Mixer) is found in the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound panel, Recording section. In the Recording section is where you select and make the Stereo Mix the default playback device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/253119-stereo-mix.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Just out of curiosity...what would it take to get a PC to output music to a stereo system. Preffereably the easiest / cheapest way while not loosing much quality. A Audio card with RCA jacks? A regular audio card with 3.5 mm jacks? filter / converter / amplifier? I have no clue and the web was filled with just too much over the top stuff IMO....gotta be fairly simple...Any ideas.

Idealy id like to just run a line from the regular 3.5 with a 15-20 ft line to the stero with a RCA adapter for the 3.5....but that sounds too easy for decent quality.

Thanks for reading, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 35.26%

no sterio mix in windows 7 ??????

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:No stereo mix

Please fill in system specs and then go to control panel/sound or your audio manager icon to adjust settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/104153-no-stereo-mix.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Yes, I have shown disabled and disconnected devices; in fact stereo mix appears fine. The problem is, to use it, I have to set it to default device, and when I do, my microphone becomes "currently unavailable." If I want to use the mic, I set it to default device, and... stereo mix is "currently unavailable."

I have VIA drivers, ('VIA High Definition Audio") and so can't use the RealteK ones that allow for stereo mix. I have downloaded the latest VIA drivers, but still stereo mix won't work correctly.

My motherboard is ASUS M4A78LT-M LE, I use Windows 7 x64.

What can I do? I paid a lot for a new computer so I could have the fps to record game-play and commentary, and it seems it was a waste, as stereo mix won't work. Is there *anything* I can do?

A:Help with stereo mix?

Normally, when Stereo Mix is set as default playback device, any PC input - mic or Line In, you set your "recording device" or whatever for the stereo mix and the mic or line in appears in the recording.

Are you saying your system works differently than the usual?

Make sure you have the correct sound driver for your chip and normally you need the drivers from the vendor and in this cas ASUS. Many times non-vendor drivers either do not work or do not work correctly.

Test this with the free Audacity recording program, set to get it's input from the System Mixer. Connect the mic and see if it is recorded. If this works, the problem is not in the sound device or System Mixer, the problem is in the programs you have and what you want to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/175993-help-stereo-mix.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Yes, I have shown disabled and disconnected devices; in fact stereomix appears fine. The problem is, to use it, I have to set it to default device, and when I do, my microphone becomes "currently unavailable." If I want to use the mic, I set it to default device, and... stereo mix is "currently unavailable."

I have VIA drivers, ('VIA High Definition Audio") and so can't use the RealteK ones that allow for stereo mix. I have downloaded the latest VIA drivers, but still stereo mix won't work correctly.

My motherboard is ASUS M4A78LT-M LE, I use Windows 7 x64.

What can I do? I paid a lot for a new computer so I could have the fps to record game-play and commentary, and it seems it was a waste, as stereo mix won't work. Is there *anything* I can do?

A:Help with stereo mix?

Hi 3Flames,

Unfortunately these are disabled by some manufacturers, just so that you won't be able to record Music and upload/sell it. I'm not sure whether it's OK to recommend other things considering it's not allowed by that brand, but there are 3rd party applications to sort this issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-with-stereo-mix-588412.html
Relevancy 35.26%

On XP and earlier, I was able to record basically anything that the computer output as sound into CoolEdit by using the "Stereo Mix" sound input option. On another computer it was listed as "What-U-Hear." On Vista it's not organized in the same way; how do I activate it?

Maybe this link will help:
http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/01/15/how-to-enable-wave-out-recording-in-vista/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stereo-mix.575024/
Relevancy 35.26%

I have 2 PC....i dont know why in my 2nd pc there is no stereo mix option..please HELP i want stereo mix

A:No Stereo Mix

What sound card does your second computer have (if any other than on-board)? Try finding driver updates for it. If you have the Realtek HD Audio driver, download this update: Realtek

If you need a different driver, go ahead and look for updates for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/165459-no-stereo-mix.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi guys i have  a  Dell inspiron N5110 laptop now im trying to use Audacity in order to record my instruments at home.But in order to do this i need the  stereo mix in my sound when i right click on the speaker icon its not there any ideas please would be great ...oh by the way im on windows 7 64 bit thanks

A:stereo mix

Hello. If you are using the Windows native audio driver then install the Realtek audio driver for the Inspiron 15R N5110, in order to get stereo mix.
Open the Recording tab of the Windows Sound properties (right click the speaker icon>Recording devices), then if stereo mix is still not in the list, right click again in the blank area around the list of devices and put checks in "show disabled and show disconnected" devices.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19680867
Relevancy 35.26%

I wanted to record some sound coming from my computer but the problem is that I don't have the "stereo mix" option in my volume. I use Dimension E310 and uses SigmaTel Audio and system is Window XP. If you can help me please leave a message.

A:Don't have a Stereo Mix

A quick Google search shows a lot of people with your hardware setup reporting the same problem. You may be able to find a solution by finding alternate drivers (beyond me, since I have a different setup).

In the meantime, have you tried using a stereo "patch" cable to connect the Audio Out (or Line Out) port to the Audio In (Line In) port? It's not optimal, and it often requires tweaking, but it usually works.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/354094/dont-have-a-stereo-mix/
Relevancy 35.26%

I wanted to use multiple outputs from my sound card.
I read and found using stero mix in recording device and checking listen to this device does the trick and works perfectly. Well almost, the problem is now my computer won't go into sleep mode.
Is there a way around this? tried powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE DRIVER "Realtek High Definition Audio" SYSTEM
that didn't work. Is there any other solutions or suggestions.
Thanks

Stereo Mix has no affect on sleep mode or other PC functions. If you are having those problems it is a coincidence (unless you did some Registry or system tweak then there's no guarantee of anything).

I do not have Listen to this device checked on any of my PC's and I can use both the Green Speaker out and the Line Out at the same time (I have separate Speaker and Line out jacks on my system).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/355984-stereo-mix.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Please I need help I recently bought a Lenovo yoga thinkpad But the problem is that the stereo mix is non existant So I have been doing some investigating and have discovered that my sound card has been built stereo No mix into my device and can not be changed But I did find a solution on a Toshiba forum where they use No stereo mix the same sound card as I have So basically I had to find my driver on my device and double click on it My driver is a conexant cx So after I double click on my driver I look for w - and double click on that Than I double click on G plmwa Next I open file with notepad and remove the semi colon Here is an example with the semi colon HKR EPattributePath EpSettings StereoMixEnable Enable HKR EPattributePath EpSettings StereoMixEnable MixAssocSeq E E HKR EPattributePath EpSettings StereoMixEnable MuteGainSettings So I went through as instructed and removed all semi colons under anything that has stereo mix in it Than I saved in a folder on my desktop But when I try to install it on my computer it just sais driver is up to date and I can t install it So what i m asking you is do you know a way I can install this driver or do you know another way I can get stereo mix Thank you R nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-stereo-mix.1123632/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi Friends,
I need a help badly I bought a laptop sony vaio VPCOW17FX with window 7 this laptop has Realtek high dimension sound card with no stereo mix I need a help to have a stereo mix do i change the sound card or is there any other way kindly if somebody knows help me please.
Thanks.

Hi and welcome to TSF see if anything here can help you Realtek HD Audio no stereo mix.. can't record from sound card

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stereo-mix-565653.html
Relevancy 35.26%

So I'm trying to record my system audio, but I'm not quite sure how since I can't figure out how to get my stereo mix. I've googled around about this and nothing has really helped at all. I go to my Control Panel>Sound>Recording tab and right click and check show hidden and disabled devices and whatnot and I still only get my microphone, no Stereo Mix to be found. Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing?

A:I can't get Stereo Mix?

to the Community LighstandMagic

By providing the sound card or computer model if the audio chip is built-in, the members and BleepingComputer may help you. If it works beforehand, try reinstalling or updating the sound drivers by the manufacturing support site. Check also device manager just in case for any flags that may need to be addressed first that may be related to your problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559203/i-cant-get-stereo-mix/
Relevancy 35.26%

So I have no stereo mix.
I have updated my drivers.
Shown disabled.
What do I try now?

Info from Speccy:
Operating System
MS Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2
CPU
AMD Athlon 7850 Black Edition 37 ?C
Kuma 65nm Technology
RAM
2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 401MHz (6-6-6-18)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M2N68-AM Plus (AM2)
Graphics
HP w1907 @ 1440x900
256MB GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Hard Drives
156GB Hitachi Hitachi HDP725016GLA SCSI Disk Device (ATA)
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH10L SCSI CdRom Device
MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0000
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

A:No Stereo Mix?

Hi & welcome,

We need more information on your system: - Make, model, Windows version & SP, your current sound drivers etc. etc.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/286414-no-stereo-mix.html
Relevancy 35.26%

help i cant get stereo mix ,i did have but havn't been able to get for 3 weeks..thank you

A:no stereo mix

Welcome to TSF....

Did you lose the stereo mix after the installation of service pack 3?

Also have you tried to upgrade the sound drivers for the computer?

Did you install any new software before you lost this option?

If you have nay other soud programs on the computer I would suggest opening them and looking thru the options to see if one has captured the stereo mix option.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-stereo-mix-266763.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Ok so I have a laptop and the soundcard comes up in Device Manager as Conexant High Definition Audio. The drivers are downloaded direct from Packard Bell and are up to date. They only list one set of drivers so "rolling back" is not possible.

I go to recording devices right click there and tick both boxes but the only thing that shows is the Mic.

I have no idea why it wont show stereo mix or mono mix or whatever so can someone give me a hand and tell me what else to try please.

Cheers.

A:No Stereo Mix

If the PC Vendor's drivers do not provide the System Mixer, you MAY be able to use a Connexent driver from somewhere else and possibily that has the system mixer. There are some new PC's that do not have the System Mixer (or similar) function.

Do a search on this forum, I know there are other posts about Connexent and maybe one of them has a link to a driver.

Another possibility, go to the Device Manager and RIGHT click on the Connexent entry to highlight it and then LEFT click "Uninstall" ALSO check the box to uninstall the drivers. Then restart the PC and make sure you are on line and when Windows starts it will detect and install the device (let Windows search for a driver). This MAY be a different driver and has the System Mixer - you may have to go through the Recording TAB Section, RIGHT click to show disabled and disconnected devices to see it, if it's there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/178122-no-stereo-mix.html
Relevancy 35.26%

When I bought the laptop i had an option to us "stereo mix" when recording radio programmes using Audacity. When I upgraded to Windows 10 that option was still there. About a week ago, Microsoft upgraded Windows 10 (without asking me first!) since when the stereo mix option has disappeared. I have tried system restore but the dates do not go back far enough. How can I get the stereo mix option back? Thanks

Solved!
View Solution.

Well I've done it.  It occured to me that in the previous version of W10 stereo mix was available. I looked on line and found a way to go back to the "previous build". Settings - Update & Security - Recovery - Go back to an earlier build I was nervous but it worked! I'm happy!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Stereo-Mix/td-p/5563613
Relevancy 35.26%

I've got a Asus P5Q motherboard, I can get stereo mix in Windows XP fine, but I cant install the drivers from asus website in Windows 7.
Anyone have any ideas?

Vista/Windows 7 from what I hear have 'disabled' the whole Stereo Mix thing because of the whole digital rights management crap.

I had to install my mobo's chipset drivers in order to get the option to appear, which you obviously state you cannot do. Might want to double check your model # to make sure you are downloading the right install package from their site

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/7905-stereo-mix.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello everyone I have just bought a HP probook 450 G3 laptop. It is now running windows 10 64 bit single language. However, i cant seem to find the stereo mix on the recording setting. The sound card is conexant. is it not included? It would be weird if it is not included since my old HP compag 6520s which i purchased 8 years ago also got this functionality. please show me how to have that feature worked on my laptop Thanks in advance

A:stereo mix in Probook 450 G3

Have the same problem with HP Probook i7 450 G3  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/stereo-mix-in-Probook-450-G3/td-p/5534503
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello, I'm new here, If I posted it in the wrong section please move.

Anyways I have problems with my Stereo mix, Everytime I play music the volume of the stereo mix is always "Green"
Also I normally use Stereo mix to do commentary when I make videos
But every time I press "Listen to this device" I hear this repeating sound over and over again, It gets very annoying *I have no music playing or anything at all* It just very an annoying sound
I do have conexant HD Audio, I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, Still has the same problem AFTER I use Stereo Mix. Any help will be nice

A:Stereo mix problem

It looks like you have active inputs on both the Rear Microphone and the Line, as it states "Ready". I don't have anything connected to my line or microphone ports and they show "Currently Unavailable".

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/227707-stereo-mix-problem.html
Relevancy 34.83%

How do I establish an interface with it, to modify or change settings? The volume at power up is 20, and that's too loud. The only interface is the remote control, and of course, there's no display to 'monitor' it's functions.

Another item is my DVR. It will not accept any HD drive, except for one specific drive. I want to remove that 'requirement' from the DVR's operating system, or from its' BIOS, and have a greater recording capacity. Also, I want to enable it to record input from the antenna input, instead of only the cable input. THIS one DOES have display - the TV - so I have a 'monitor' for a head start on a 'hack'... Additionally, the DVR operating system is Linux, so that's another hurdle finished. Would HD requirements, and input record functions be part of BIOS, or the OS???

Ideas?

A:Hack my stereo?

How about some model numbers?
I managed to hack my Tivo, but they have a large support community and it was fairly complicated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hack-my-stereo.887724/
Relevancy 34.83%

I got my pc connected to my 5.1 it was sounding ok for a month...and i`m still blasting it now as I speak...ok everything is connected 'Y" spitters and all..and I checked my speaker wires..its ok..even though I got my music at full blast...theres this Humming ...but I mean Humming...coming out of my speaker ...thats driving me up the walls...need help..

Is it the pc speaker or a bad ground some-where..cause I cant see this one..

music is fine...its got to be the mini speaker,,need an opinion

A:Need Help On My Stereo System 5.1

oh-aw heck...where the hell is this humming matching my music ..is coming from...it was ok this morning...the onlyway...2 drouwn the humming is 4 me to raise the music...screw my nieghbors...I dont know where that back ground sound is coming from..every wire here is new...I`ll buy a new pc speaker on Xmas..

but this humming is gonna drive me crazy..u watch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-on-my-stereo-system-5-1.491854/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi all. We were having a sound discussion over at our iRacing forums about sampling rates. This is a little issue I ran into when trying to get my surround setup running. Upon Boot up and even a reboot my system returns the sounds to the default stereo 2 speaker settings. I go into the control panel/sounds and run through the sound wizard set it up for 5.1 then deselect the center speaker as I don't have one anyway. Everything stays that way until I reboot, or cold boot the next day. I do run the Creative software and have to set it to 4.1 in the speaker tab also every time. Is there a way to get it to stay at the selected surround settings permanently?

Hardware is:
Creative Audigy 2 platinum latest drivers dated 6/29/10
Windows 7 pro
Klipsch 4.1 surrounds

A:Defaults to Stereo

So, no one has this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/95331-defaults-stereo.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey everyone ,
i want some help with enabling my Stereo mix , i got a new Laptop :
Asus x550jk which i installed Windows 8 Professional in it.
i wanted to enable My setreo mix , i downloaded the driver from the Realtek website and nothing happened . please help me :D
Here is a screenshot of my audio specs :

A:Problem with Stereo Mix !!

Hi!
Windows 8 Enterprise is what I use and I had some problems as well.
• Do you use a soundcard?
> If yes, make sure that you've installed the required driver.
> If not, make sure to install Realtek or whatever sound system's driver according to the architecture of the windows (86x/64x).

• Make sure that you have activated the required sound output in the Playback Option. To access this option, right click the ‘Speaker’ from the taskbar or just go to the Control Panel> Hardware> Sound

• Make sure that the output jack's okay. If you're trying to use the laptop's speaker, make sure that it is activated, if needed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/problem-with-stereo-mix-1017138.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Ive searched google and this forum and have found no solid answer for or Mix through Stereo speakers! No Mic my frustrating problem In previous OS No Mic through Stereo Mix or speakers! I've pluged in my mic and go 'test test' and I would hear myself in real time through the speakers Vista does not do this apparetnly To make matters worse the mic will not feed through No Mic through Stereo Mix or speakers! the stereo mix because it wont come through the speakers I definetly have all this enabled all hidden things revealed I've rolled back teh drivers for the sound card updated them updated them again shut down restarted tried a million different settings and STILL no mic for stereo mix or speakers I can see the green bars going when I speak and it works in programs like skype But this stereo mix is a big problem I similcast an internet radio and TV show In order to broadcast the audio from the music videos I play on the TV show over the Shoutcast radio server I need stereo mix However I also need full use of my mic because a tv and radio show without a mic is pretty boring Has ANYONE found a solution to this problem or should I just downgrade to XP which runs my audio settings without hassle I have Vista home premium bit on a toshiba laptop with a realtek high def audio soundcard I am trying to use front jack mic but there is also a built in mic

A:No Mic through Stereo Mix or speakers!

-Start, control panel
-Hardware and Sound
-Sound
-Recording Tab
-Right Click in window, chose "Show Disabled Devices"
-"Setero MIX"appeared, Right Click and choose enable
-OK

Try this

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/160780-no-mic-through-stereo-mix-speakers.html
Relevancy 34.83%

When I doing video recording, I am getting only mono recording by the bottom mic, any one please suggest me any solution

A:my 930 is not doing stereo recording

Are you using Windows 10 Mobile?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444183-my-930-not-doing-stereo-recording.html
Relevancy 34.83%

got to know how to create new thread .

okey ma problm iz i cant see stereo mixture in my sound setting.
. i have hp pavilion dv6000 with win 7 ultimate installed in it. with intel proccesor .

help me out

A:no stereo mixture

Welcome to the club. Many new PC's do not have the System Mixer function. This is a hot subject on the Dell users forum. My Acer Laptop does not have it.

However, on SOME systems it's there but not enabled. If you are lucky it's just disabled on your system. I installed a HP desktop about a year ago for a client and it was not enabled -see below.

Go to the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound Panel. Click the Recording Tab and if it's not listed in the recording section, RIGHT click in a blank area on the panel and then check the option to show disabled devices. If the System Mixer was one of the disabled devices it will now be listed and you can then enable it and mark it as the default playback device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/92782-no-stereo-mixture.html