Windows Support Forum

Vista Gets Stuck, and Stuck on windows 7 install

Q: Vista Gets Stuck, and Stuck on windows 7 install

hey guys im not sure if this is actually a problem with vista or my pc so if im wrong feel free to move this thread so im having lately problems with my pc vista i donu i leave my pc alone for a few minutes and when i get back its Frozen i see whatever was on the screen the moment it gut stuck and i cant move the mouse and the LED at the Front of the PC the one thats on when the computer is quot thinking quot is Switched ON and stays that Stuck, Stuck windows Gets 7 install and Vista on way this started happening a few weeks ago i dont think i installed anything new that might have caused this and one other thing im almost sure its related i tried installing the beta version of windows and in middle of installation it gets stuck the same way i described before i tried different versions of the Windows and a few times each and it gets stuck every time and each time in different progress of the installation please help me thanks MeydanB

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Vista Gets Stuck, and Stuck on windows 7 install

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Vista Gets Stuck, and Stuck on windows 7 install

I'd suggest starting with running a memory test ( http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial146.html ); then following that with a bootable hard drive diagnostic:

Here's a description from my blog:

Code:
What you'll need:
- a blank CD
- a computer with an internet connection where you can download a file, install a small program, and burn a CD (doesn't have to be the computer that you'll be testing).

1. Determine the make and model of your hard drive

- In Windows XP - Go to Start...Run...and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Click on the + sign next to Disk Drives and use Google to search the information listed there)

- In Windows VISTA - Go to Start...and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Click on the + sign next to Disk Drives and use Google to search the information listed there

- From outside of Windows: Unplug the system from the wall, remove the battery (if it's a laptop) and crack the case open. Look inside to locate the hard drive and write down the make and model number (although the model number isn't required for the test, it will help you to identify what sort of drive to replace if the test says that the drive is bad).

If you're unable to see the hard drive info, follow the steps below for the Hitachi DFT. At the screen where it asks you if the list is correct, the model number of your drive will be there. Use Google to search for the model and that will let you know the manufacturer.

NOTE: It's strongly recommended that you use the test from the manufacturer of your hard drive. Most manufacturers build in tests that are only for their drives (in addition to the standard S.M.A.R.T. tests) - so using their test will give more accurate results.

2. Locate the support website of the hard drive manufacturer from the following list and download the appropriate file to your computer. FWIW - the first link for each drive usually contains more information/instructions about running the test.

Hitachi - http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/download.htm#DFT Download this image for CD's: http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/downloads/dft32_v415_b01.iso

Western Digital - http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?level1=6&lang=en Download the Diag504fCD.iso file on this page: http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=601&sid=30&lang=en

Seagate - http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools Download the Seatools for DOS ISO CD-ROM Image from this link: http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools/seatooldreg (English version here: http://www.seagate.com/staticfiles/support/seatools/SeaToolsDOS213bEURO.ISO )

Maxtor - Seagate SeaTools has replaced the Maxtor diagnostics. Use the Seagate SeaTools links above.

Toshiba - I'm unable to locate any tools for Toshiba. I'd suggest the Hitachi DFT (Drive Fitness Test) from above.

Fujitsu - http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/computing/storage/hdd/support/utilities.html Download the DOS Diagnostic Tool Ver. 7.0 (For IDE/ATA/SATA Hard Drives from this link: http://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/COMP/fcpa/hdd/utilities/fjdt_700.zip You'll have to copy the file to a DOS boot CD and manually execute the FJDT.exe file once you've booted to DOS. If this is too difficult, use the Hitachi DFT (Drive Fitness Test) from above.

Samsung - http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/utilities/Support_HUTIL.html Download the Hutil 210 ISO (for CD-ROM drive).zip from here: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/downloads/Hutil210_iso_for_CDROM_drive.zip You must unzip the file before you can burn (NOT copy) the ISO image to a CD.

IBM - IBM has merged with Hitachi. Use the Hitachi DFT (Drive Fitness Test) listed above.

3. If you do not have a disk burning program that's capable of burning ISO images to your CD drive, I suggest this free tool: http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm Select the appropriate version by following the instructions, Install the program, then reboot your system.
FYI - an ISO burner will place files in a certain order on the disk, this is what makes the disk bootable. You CANNOT just copy the file to a CD - it won't work!

4. Insert the blank CD into the CD drive and dismiss any dialogs that may pop up. Then right click on the ISO file that you downloaded and select "Copy Image to CD" (it should be the top choice on the context (right click) menu. Follow the prompts to record the image. Remember that the slower the speed you select, the less likely it is that there will be errors in the burn process. Most disk images are small, so the process shouldn't take very long even at the slowest speed.

5. Boot from the CD to run the test. Here's a partial list of ways to access the built in boot menus of different systems. Press the appropriate key when the first screen shows up after you turn the computer on.
HP/Compaq - Esc
Dell - F12
Gateway/eMachines - F10
Acer - F12 (not always)
Toshiba - F12 (older systems will be different)
Sony - usually will boot to CD, may ask you to "Press any key to boot from CD"
When in doubt, either access the BIOS (Setup) and make the CD drive the first boot device (before the hard drive), or post in the forums for assistance.

6. Follow the prompts on the screen to run the test. In particular run the Long/Extended/Complete/Comprehensive/etc test - as the shorter tests are not completely reliable. My greatest experience is with the Hitachi DFT - and you can just press Enter until you get to the screen where it asks you to confirm the devices listed - press Y (for Yes) there.
NOTE: If you have more than one drive installed, run the test on each drive.

If you encounter any problems running the test - just post them to the forums and someone will be glad to help you out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-gets-stuck-and-stuck-on-windows-7-install-371589.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I rebooted my Dell laptop waited for the updates to complete and 'missing or corrupt compbatt sys' Windows?" do Vista - want at 'Where repair install to you stuck I looked iit up and this can be resolved by simply copying the files back into their folders System restore doesn't work nither does Safe Mode or Safe Mode with command line crazy compbatt sys can even stop a CLI from coming up Apparently I need to boot from a Vista install disk I Vista repair - stuck at 'Where do you want to install Windows?" couldn't find my original bit Vista business OEMAct so I borrowed a CD Same - down to being a Delll OEM Vista Bus It boots but I'm stuck at the 'Where do you want to install Windows ' Screen It shows my drive at the correct capacity and usage but tells me that since I only have gigabytes left I can't install windows I don't want to install windows I just want access to a CLI Drive options include New Delete and Refresh How can I get past this screen Is the CD the wrong version Is there some other way to get to a CLI Thanks for your help -

A:Vista repair - stuck at 'Where do you want to install Windows?"

You say system restore didn't work...does that mean you were able to login, try a restore and it failed? .... and are you also saying you can't login using safe mode?  
If you haven't logged in as of yet, you can try  Last Known Good in advanced boot options.  This will put you back to where you were at your last successful log on. 

Is there no repair option on the disk, or your system you can get to?  F12, F8?

Edit: if you are able to get to safe mode successfully, I suggest you try System Restore from there.  Often it will succeed where it fails in a normal logon.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582308/vista-repair-stuck-at-where-do-you-want-to-install-windows/
Relevancy 81.7%

Ok guys here goes Last week my pc was fine re-install/fix Cant vista-stuck I turn it on and get a message saying to insert the DVD to fix a system registry error I don't remember what message it was sorry So I do and windows boots I backed up my files that night Next day windows is acting weird and sluggish if I try to open my computer or documents PC freezes it takes a long time to boot Cant re-install/fix vista-stuck and times out of Cant re-install/fix vista-stuck ten will hang on the green loading bar or take an hour to load my sound card deleted itself as did my cdrom drive Safe mode either takes forever to boot or will freeze when loading drivers I tried to re store reinstall and boot from the vista DVD at startup but i get the message quot The file is possibly corrupt The file header check sum does not match the computed check sum quot or quot couldn't find boot manager quot This happens for the x vista disk x disk and my XP pro disk I tried to reformat in safe mode command prompt and it said Formatting the partition was prohibited I thought it was my ram at first so bought new ram but still the same problem I'm also not sure what caused this I do regular virus checks with up to date software maybe its a bad windows update thanks

A:Cant re-install/fix vista-stuck

Originally Posted by SlithMan

Ok guys here goes, Last week my pc was fine, I turn it on and get a message saying to insert the DVD to fix a system registry error. ( I don't remember what message it was sorry) So I do and windows boots. I backed up my files that night. Next day windows is acting weird and sluggish, if I try to open my computer or documents PC freezes, it takes a long time to boot and 8 times out of ten will hang on the green loading bar or take an hour to load, my sound card deleted itself as did my cdrom drive. Safe mode either takes forever to boot or will freeze when loading drivers, I tried to re store/reinstall and boot from the vista DVD at startup but i get the message "The file is possibly corrupt. The file header check sum does not match the computed check sum" or "couldn't find boot manager". This happens for the x64 vista disk, x32 disk and my XP pro disk. I tried to reformat in safe mode command prompt and it said Formatting the partition was prohibited. I thought it was my ram at first so bought new ram but still the same problem. I'm also not sure what caused this I do regular virus checks with up to date software, maybe its a bad windows update? thanks

SM

Your best bet despite it being a PITA is a clean install. Force boot from the dvd format and install. If you had a backup from before that time you could just restore it from there, but failing that. Re-install is the way
KEn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/244292-cant-re-install-fix-vista-stuck.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Ok guys here vista-stuck Cant re-install/fix goes Last week my pc was fine I turn it on and get a message saying to insert the DVD to fix a system registry error I don't remember what message it was sorry So I do and windows boots I backed up my files that night Next day windows is acting weird and sluggish if I try Cant re-install/fix vista-stuck to open my computer or documents PC freezes it takes a long time to boot and times out of ten will hang on the green loading bar or take an hour to load my sound card deleted itself as did my cdrom drive Safe mode either takes forever to boot or will freeze when loading drivers I tried to re store reinstall and boot from the vista DVD at startup but i get the message quot The file is possibly corrupt The file header check sum does not match the computed check sum quot or quot couldn't find boot manager quot This happens for the x vista disk x disk and my XP pro disk I tried to reformat in safe mode command prompt and it said Formatting the partition was prohibited I thought it was my ram at first so bought new ram but still the same problem I'm also not sure what caused this I do regular virus checks with up to date software maybe its a bad windows update thanks

A:Cant re-install/fix vista-stuck

and welcome to the Forum

You can't format the drive windows is installed on while in windows . . you have to boot from the Vista installation DVD.

See this for how: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918884

Before doing that, I would run diagnostics on the hard drive ( click here ) to rule out failure

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-re-install-fix-vista-stuck-408566.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I m a noob look in stuck Vista Install reboot to this sight someone help i can t install vista it gets stuck in a reboot loop I ve been trying to install vista on my system Tried clean install it goes through quot windows is loading files quot and once that finishes it reboots and does the same thing all over again Tried to install xp first and then do an upgrade it does everything it should then reboots and does the same as above Vista Install stuck in reboot look In safe mode it goes all the way to disk sys before it does the reboot loop Specs Asus A N-E with latest Vista Install stuck in reboot look bios Athlon x d Fuzion nvidia gt bfg Kingston value ram mb x right now i m just using stick Kingston value ram gb x not using this right now Seagate baraccuda gb PATA rpm seagate baraccuda gb sata rpm not using this right now notes I have other hard drives i ve tested also gb pata drives gb pata drives all seagates same result I ve tried switching out ram now just using mb stick I ve tried disabling everything on the motherboard raid usb serial parallel game Vista Install stuck in reboot look port audio lan etc No i m not trying to do any raid It all works fine on XP I had a similar reboot loop problem when installing xp but during the xp install i can just press f to tell and choose acpi pc but that had to do with mup sys hanging all memory amp hardware test fine using pc-doc amp memtest i ve been using all the same hardeware for over a year but doesn t seem to be vista friendly HELP am i stuck in xp land forever not that i m a big vista fan i have it installed on my laptop but the laptop is old and can t do any of the cool new features of vista so therefore i just want to see what these features are all about by installing on my desktop any help would be appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

After a power outage weeks ago I was having issues with the system going down at around minutes and then less and less time after that I was told it was a display issue Stuck classpnp.sys on stuck screen, safe Windows splash on mode and to uninstall and reinstall my display drivers I uninstalled my drivers and it was still the same I felt like it was temperature related I found my graphics card Radeon was dirty I cleaned it and thought I was back in business Everything was back to normal all I needed to do was update my graphics drivers Once that was done my computer would no longer load past the Windows splash screen I used Puppy Linux on a flash drive and I have access to everything I can use the internet and access all my files This to me says that it is not a hardware issue The fact that when I try to go into safe mode it gets stuck for more than a day on classpnp sys when I finally give up I understand that classpnp sys has Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys loaded but there Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys is something after that that the computer can't load I have Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys seen some people have atipcie sys load after classpnp sys and it makes sense to me that it would be a graphics driver that is causing the issue I need my Windows up and running for school and work projects Any ideas thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated

A:Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys

Hi ,
Follow this tutorial to run SFC /Scannow at boot.
SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
If you want to run the command from a USB drive follow this tutorial.
Boot Windows 7 System Repair Disc from USB Using Grub4Dos
And apply it to the first link instead of the ERD (Emergency Repair CD).

Generally a good tutorial to read.
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/303393-stuck-windows-splash-screen-safe-mode-stuck-classpnp-sys.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I ve been trying to install Windows Vista Ultima for a while now I m trying to install to my D which is a Seagate gb sata drive which I ve installed the drivers off the CD I ve tried several LEGIT copies and nothing works Here s what happens when I try to install When I install by booting off the CD it just gets stuck at a blank screen with a backround on it the only way I can get further is by disabling my USB Once I do that it starts installing and gets stuck at Expanding Files When I install through windows it gets stuck at I ve tried safe mode also and get the same thing I ve tried loading my hard drive drivers through the Vista installer by using the disk my Seagate GB drive came with which is a sata drive and it doesn t find any and of course it s impossible to find Seagate drivers online for this hard drive i ve tried for over hours I ve also done the Windows Vista memory test and it didn t find any errors I m attaching a copy of my systems specs Hopfully someone can help me nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

I was trying to install Vista to a USB drive and accidentally selected the wrong drive an internal storage drive I didnt realize it until the PC restarted I aborted the installation aborted in boot dual Stuck with Vista install and now I am stuck with a dual boot screen with the first Windows installation saying something like Windows Vista Rollback I get approx second to change it to my original install If I let it run I see a very brief Vista error screen and then it restarts with no change I am reformatting the drive that has the aborted install on it I remember from years past when I had an abandoned install that the rollback option will not go away by simply reformatting the drive I could ve done a search for how to remove the dual boot screen but I wanted to make sure I get rid of all traces of that mistake ever happening to begin with Can someone help me out here nbsp

A:Stuck with dual boot in aborted Vista install

You'll probably need to boot from the Vista DVD and run the repair after you are done formatting.

But you can do all sorts of things to the Vista boot menu with:

VistabootPro or EasyBCD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-with-dual-boot-in-aborted-vista-install.745671/
Relevancy 79.12%

EDIT Should be aswRVRT sys Computer worked fine in the morning Then I turned it off later had windows update then when I came home in the afternoon to open my PC it just didnt work When I try to go to safe mode it just gets stuck at aswRVRT sys If it helps I already ran FRST Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-FK MU P on - - Running from K Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST could be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run GamecomSound - C Program Files screen/ "starting stuck Boot menu on at Windows Windows" aswRVRT.exe stuck Plantronics GameCom Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe GameCom exe - - HKLM Run AdobeAAMUpdater- - C Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA updaterstartuputility exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM Run MSC - C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run MsmqIntCert - regsvr s mqrt dll HKLM Run Nvtmru - C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core NvTmru exe - - NVIDIA Corporation HKLM Run UMonit - C Windows SysWOW UMonit exe - - HKLM Run RTHDVCPL - C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run ShadowPlay - C windows system rundll exe C windows system nvspcap dll ShadowPlayOnSystemStart HKLM-x Run IAStorIcon - C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run jmekey - C Program Files x jmesoft hotkey exe - - JME HKLM-x Run ModeSwitch - C Program Files Lenovo Power Dial LitModeSwitch exe - - Lenovo HKLM-x Run CLMLServer - C Program Files x Lenovo Power Go CLMLSvc exe - - CyberLink HKLM-x Run UpdateP GoShortCut - C Program Files x Lenovo Power Go MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run IdeaNotesUser - C Program Files x DDNI Lenovo Idea Notes DDNIMSGUser exe - - Digital Delivery Networks Inc HKLM-x Run SetDefaultSCR - C Program Files x Lenovo Lenovo Screensaver SetDefaultSCR exe - - Lenovo HKLM-x Run avast - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe - - AVAST Software HKLM-x Run APSDaemon - C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper - C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run SwitchBoard - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run AdobeCS ServiceManager - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run KeePass PreLoad - C Program Files x KeePass Password Safe KeePass exe - - Dominik Reichl HKLM-x Run Aeria Ignite - C Program Files x Aeria Games Ignite aeriaignite exe - - Aeria Games amp Entertainment HKLM-x Run ROCCAT Savu Gaming Mouse - C Program Files x ROCCAT Savu Mouse Savu Monitor exe - - ROCCAT GmbH HKLM-x Run LogMeIn Hamachi Ui - C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe - - LogMeIn Inc HKLM-x Run BCSSync - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched - C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation HKLM-x Run kxesc - c program files x kingsoft kingsoft antiviruskxetray exe -autorun HKU Default RunOnce WLStart - C Program Files x Windows Live Installer wlstart exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Default User RunOnce WLStart - C Program Files x Windows Live Installer wlstart exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Krystal Run GoogleDriveSync - C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe - - Google HKU Krystal Run S... Read more

A:Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe

Anyone please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512763/windows-stuck-on-starting-windows-screen-boot-menu-stuck-at-aswrvrtexe/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi

After installing vista sp1 my pc got stuck with error message !! 0XC0000034 ! ! 268/89041 (program_files_windows_sidebar_gadgets_cloc...). Any help.

A:After install Vista sp1 pc stuck with error !! 0XC0000034 ! ! 268/89041 (program_file

I could help you with a little more information. How does the error come up? Can you run Vista at all? Things like that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/after-install-vista-sp1-pc-stuck-with-error-0xc0000034-268-89041-program_file-380111.html
Relevancy 77.4%

HI Everyone

Please can someone help.  Have a vista pc, was  trying to install service pack one.  The computer has gotten stuck on the  error code above

Cannot boot into safe mode
Tried Restore points,they  have been erased
System repair, runs then lead to the same error code, (this appears with white writing on black screen.
Tried an install disc and repair option,  system launches System Repair option, then leads to the same error as above.

Going round in circles, there is a partition the drive, that  I can use to put the computer back to factory settings, its a hp system, but will this make matters worse.

Any help appreciated,

Thanking you in advance
Michelle

A:Vista sp1 will not install error code 0xc0000034 system stuck in loop

Don't panic, You are not alone.
It's a few extra steps but you can do it!

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/70dac73c-5940-4383-b85f-fe9bfa1954be/windows-vista-sp1-on-hp-pavillion-desktop?forum=itprovistasp

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547962/vista-sp1-will-not-install-error-code-0xc0000034-system-stuck-in-loop/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi - I'll be grateful for any help you might be able to give with this as I've managed to get myself stuck trying to install Windows Release Preview Here's what I did and what happened Downloaded Windows Release Preview bit from MS Clicked on the download which took me to Roxio software to burn a disc ISO I think Put the disc in my Vaio and re-started Began the install Filled in the first 'Windows Setup' screen Entered the product key Agreed license terms Selected 'Custom Install' at that time I was following a guide Windows Help! Please 8 Install Stuck On for a clean install Chose the pre-selected drive for where to install Windows clicked 'Next' Now the problems Please Help! Stuck On Windows 8 Install start When I got back to my desk I have a 'System Recovery Options' dialog box Options are 'Startup repair' 'System restore ' 'Windows complete PC Please Help! Stuck On Windows 8 Install restore ' Windows memory diagnostic tool ' 'Command prompt' Selecting 'Startup repair returns a message 'cannot repair this computer automatically ' and in the Problem Details drop-down there is a bunch of stuff including 'Problem signature OSVersionMismatch' Note I was running Vista before but since my Vaio is -bit ready I choose the -bit W download I have no idea how to proceed I'm currently working from a Mac but could get access to a different PC if that's required to solve this problem Thanks in advance for any help you can give Dan

A:Please Help! Stuck On Windows 8 Install

Try running in the install again

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/8164-please-help-stuck-windows-8-install.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello everyone Im really new to this so here goes.
My wife was having some wierd problems with her e-machine and we decided to restore her computer with her backup CD's (we have done this before with no problems) tonight we went through the process and got to the window start up where you enter the time zone and such, when we get to the <computers name> section where you can place the name or skip the step the pc is just sitting there going no further, I installed a new hard drive and it is doing the same getting stuck in the same place. is the pc just dying or am I doing something wrong.
While ive been waiting for a response from someone ive tried to reinstall windows again and noticed that it is creating an R: drive and putting windows there could this be the problem, if so is there a solution.

Relevancy 75.25%

I did not see anything on this but if this problem has Install Windows help! Please 7 RTM stuck! been posted already I apologize I am trying to upgrade my Operating System from Windows Vista x to Windows x I ran the Windows Upgrade advisor and had no problems So I continued and ran the installer Everything seemed fine it back everything up and the Operating System installed without issues While transferring my files and settings back the installer simply stops at I have Please help! Windows 7 RTM Install stuck! tried this times I have uninstalled anythign I find unneeded and it still will not work As to save time with things I have already tried let me reference the posts about this on the TechNet forum Windows Upgrade From Vista to RTM not progressing stuck at I have installation logs posted there along with comments from other people there I come here to ask for more help because nothign has worked and nothing has come in from Micrsoft so I believe this woudl be a very good site to look for more help Thank you all in advance IMasonAZ

A:Please help! Windows 7 RTM Install stuck!

Welcome IMasonAZ,
Please fill in your computer system specs in the lower left hand corner. It will help all of us to know more about your problem. Some have had problems with more than 2gb memory on the MB at the time of install for the first time. Where did you get the RTM build that you are trying to install ? Which version are you upgrading ?

We have a lot of great members here that will sort this out when we have more info.

" Doc "

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/21108-please-help-windows-7-rtm-install-stuck.html
Relevancy 74.39%

It won't install! It's stuck at "Expanding Windows Files 92%". Why?

A:Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Install stuck at 92%

See this: Common Installation Problems and Their Solutions

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/121211-windows-7-ultimate-x86-install-stuck-92-a.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello to everyone,
This is my windows 7-related issue: my laptop is 4 years old Fujitsu and over the years it's seen many OS. XP ran ok, I played with VISTA for a little while but didn't like it, and now since I own an original Win 7 DVD (prior to SP1) I wanted to install it for so long. Every time I've tried, after formatting the disk and copying the system files, the installation got stuck at 1% installing files.
I have tried a few times to make it happen, with the same effect. Now I've bought a piece of hardware that is only working on Windows 7, so I desperately need to install it. Can anyone tell me what can be done?
In case you need my laptop specs:

CPU ? AMD Mobile Sempron CPU clockrate ? 1,6GHz
Display ? 15,4"
Resolution ? 1280x800
HDD ? 160 GB
Spindle speed ? 5400 rpm
SSD ? No
Memory ? 2048 MB
Max. memory ? 2048 MB
GPU ? S3 Unichrome Pro
Thank you in advance

A:Windows 7 install process stuck at 1%

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Looking at your specs you should be able to run it ok but just to be sure, if you didn't already, run this Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows

It will tell you if anything is lacking and meanwhile I'll research your problem and try to find a possible solution.

Also, whenever I install a new operating system I prefer to wipe the drive properly rather that trust the standard windows format.

This is a great tool for the job DBAN Download | Darik's Boot And Nuke

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-install-process-stuck-at-1-a-617307.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I recently bought a new hard drive because the old one became corrupt.

When i insert the windows xp installation cd and boot from the CD drive, i get to this stage http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPpro1setup.jpg but with xp home. But when i press enter nothing happens, i have tried two different xp cds but it keeps on happening.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Alex

Relevancy 74.39%

Oh all-knowing ones...can someone please help? I am reinstalling XP on my PC, but as it's installing devices it hangs for a second and resets the PC causing it to start all over. I suspect I may need to start pulling out cards etc, but thought it was worth posting first.

Any thoughts?

Relevancy 74.39%

I recently bought a new hard drive because the old one became corrupt.

When i insert the windows xp installation cd and boot from the CD drive, i get to this stage http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPpro1setup.jpg but with xp home. But when i press enter nothing happens, i have tried two different xp cds but it keeps on happening.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Alex

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-install-windows-xp-stuck-at-welcome-screen-387668.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi,

I've recently downloaded Windows 10 Preview and i made a bootable on a usb flash drive. Everything was going fine until during installation my pc restarted and now it's stuck on 70 % and says an error that re-insert your disc. The flash drive is already plugged in but i don't know why it says that can anyone plz guide me thanks that would be really grateful.
This is the Windows i am installing: Windows 10 ISO 32 and 64 Bit Free Download | Free Download Best Games and Software

A:Install stuck at stuck on 70 %

alexandru, welcome to tenforums. Follow this tutorial and use the link it provides for the ISO

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-10...l-preview.html

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...n-install.html

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/4522-install-stuck-stuck-70-a.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Okay i built my computer 4 days ago...... i had experience come choke/and graphic lag on my computer. so i uninstall my hd 4850 x2 2gb. Then i reinstalled it. THen it tells me to reboot. So i did. THen when i boot it says i have 2 options. Insert windows cd. Or boot with safe mode or normally.etc... i tried them ALL. I get past the Microsoft Corperation then BAM!. blank black screen. How do i fix this plz i dont wanna waste 150 buck on geek sqaud.

Specs

WD 640gb/200gb
AMD II x4 955 3.2ghz
4850 x2 2gb
GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P AM3 DDR3 AMD 790X ATX

plz help. i did everything. i put jumper on the 2 things to restart or w/e and i put the windows vista it loads. then its bring me to a vista back ground then it just stays there with mouse pointer. PLZ HELP REPLy FAST i need answers

A:Windows vista stuck

What is your power supply make/model and wattage?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-stuck-391968.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I had a similar problem with my TECRA S I attempted to update the HDD on the computer It was equipped w a install on New it stuck Tecra - can't windows JBOD, on S3 SSD gb rpm SATA drive I wanted to install a gb rpm SATA drive I didn't think that there would be an issue since they Tecra S3 - New SSD stuck on JBOD, can't install windows on it were both SATA drives I purchased a CLONING DRIVE hardware which came with software The new drive was a WD drive amp the cloning package worked as advertised When I removed the gb amp replaced it with the gb drive I received the fatal BSOD I did have the latest BIOS on the computer as shown on the TOSHIBA download website I also had or thought I had the latest RAID drivers as shown on the TOSHIBA download website After some additional testing I determined that the problem was not with the BIOS It appeared that the BIOS recognized the drive I had loaded a different image Tecra S3 - New SSD stuck on JBOD, can't install windows on it on the new drive amp was able to try a SAFE MODE run When I saw that it was reading the new drive amp crashing later I was convinced that it was some kind of WINDOWS driver What I later found was that TOSHIBA listed an updated RAID driver list for VISTA I downloaded amp opened up that file I found a FILE in the VISTA list that was the same name as the RAID driver for the WINDOWSXP In performing a FC on the two files I could tell that they were different I re-cloned the new drive After it was done I overwrote the file on the CLONED drive I used the VISTA driver to the windowsXP directory After this was done I installed the new drive amp WINDOWSXP came up amp operated as expected In addition after WINDOWS came up it ran the quot FOUND NEW HARDWARE quot deal which I let it complete as well The file that I changed was the c windows system KR OI sys You can see this file CONTROL PANEL --- gt HARDWARE ---- gt DEVICE MANAGER --- gt SCSI amp RAID CONTROLLERS ------------------------- If you download the file for the VISTA RAID DRIVERS you will see that it is an EXE file It is a self-expanding ZIP file When you execute it you will see the file in there

A:Tecra S3 - New SSD stuck on JBOD, can't install windows on it

Cool, that?s really interesting story! :)

I?m sure it?s useful for other Tecra S3 owners too!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?57829-Tecra-S3-New-SSD-stuck-on-JBOD-can-t-install-windows-on-it
Relevancy 73.96%

He friends a little bit issue is there during windows 10 installation,'
My pc downloaded the windows 10 full but when it came to installation it got stuck at preparing to install.

Any suggestions  . Thanks In advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c7c67620-95db-446e-832b-d03c0034f60a/windows-10-installation-stuck-at-preparing-to-install?forum=LCDS
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello everybody,

I had a problem with updating Windows 7, it just hanged on "Checking for uptades"... I've read other topics concerning this issue and followed instructions to remove "wuauserv" from the registry.

The next step was to run "%SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection AutoUpdate 132 %SystemRoot%\inf\au.inf" from the run box, but that step gave me error "Installation failed".

Now I can't even start Windows Update service, I'm getting error "Windows cannot check for update because service is not running..."

Any solutions? How to install wuauserv?

Thanks

A:How to install Wuauserv (Stuck with Windows Update)?

Ok, I've fixed that problem, thanks to this post.

WINDOWS UPDATE SERVICE(wuauserv) disappeared....how to reinstall ? - HTFC Forums

However, I'm still stuck at "Checking for updates..." forever...

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/3764/updated.png

Help would be much appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-install-wuauserv-stuck-with-windows-update-605331.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Symptom is always the same the green bar gets about halfway along and then it gets stuck I left it going for hours--nothing The one time it's done something different the first time I tried to install from the download file it gave me a BSOD X a xC ataport SYS but I haven't been able to reproduce that and I'm not sure at what point in the update process it happened Installation is only a week old It's Enterprise using a volume-license MAK key and correctly registered I have use the SURT it installed properly and the CheckSUR log says no errors detected sfc scannow reports no errors There are no error codes in Windows Update chkdsk reports no errors I have tried both the Windows Update installer and downloading the SP pack to install - same result I have scanned for viruses and malware and then uninstalled my 7 Windows install stuck SP1 halfway Ultimate gets through antivirus yes I'm being very paranoid about what sites I go to right now I have cleared out the Windows Update cache and re-checked for updates I have cleared out temporary files used CCleaner did not let it mess with my registry I have uninstalled drivers for everything except my NVIDIA graphics card I have disabled all non-microsoft services on startup and rebooted The CBS folder is gig It keeps making more and more timestamped CBSPersist log files that are - Gb each My CBS log file alone is Gb I have Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 gets stuck halfway through install an install Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 gets stuck halfway through install trying to run at the moment and the CBS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 gets stuck halfway through install log file grew Gb in the ten minutes it took me to copy the folder Surely that's not normal It's chewed up all the remaining space on C Literally reports bytes free I've copied the folder to another drive can I just delete the CbsPersist files to get some space back

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/386572-windows-7-ultimate-sp1-gets-stuck-halfway-through-install.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I recently purchased a new gb HD which I intend to use as a new boot drive for my system with a fresh install of windows There's various problems going to be ahead stuck hd) XP Windows reboot in loop Install (new a I fear with trying to get the stuff from the old boot disk onto it However I'm having problems even installing Windows XP pro on the thing I disconnected all my other drives and only have the new HD attached It booted from the XP install cd and asked me if I wanted to install windows I said yes and created a new gb partition on my Windows XP Install stuck in a reboot loop (new hd) HD to act as the boot partition Everything seemed to be working ok it formatted the drive Windows XP Install stuck in a reboot loop (new hd) and then said that it was going to reboot for the installation to continue However upon rebooting it merely took me back to the original screen asking me if I wanted to install windows If I say yes to this it tells me there is already an OS on the drive but if I overwrite this it merely goes through the same thing as it did previously and I end up getting a 'disk boot failure' message on the reboot and then it goes straight back to booting up the cd and asking to install It is already set up to boot from the hd first Any suggestions

A:Windows XP Install stuck in a reboot loop (new hd)

Hello

First I would plug back in your old hard drive and use the new one as a slave and check to see if the new hard drive has a Windows folder if so follow the below instuctions:

(New hard drive only)

Go here and follow option 3 to get to the Recovery Console

Then follow the Using the Command Console within Windows Recovery Console section to log on to the Command Prompt and type fixboot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-install-stuck-in-a-reboot-loop-new-hd-485492.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have tried several solutions to get the updates working but nothing is helping at this point.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

A:Windows 7 new install stuck on checking for updates

You can use this offline updater : WSUS Offline Update
It doesn't solve the problem but at least you can update Windows.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-7-new-install-stuck-on-checking-for-updates.51145/
Relevancy 73.96%

I attempted to upgrade a friends computer crappy old IBM Aptiva from Win to Win k The computer was experiencing alot of errors and explorer crashes so I thought upgrading to Win k would be the best bet as the PC is pretty old and too low spec for XP Only mhz RAM etc So I ran the Win k install converted the drive to NTFS and left it to its own devices for a few hours while it installed When I came back I was surprised that it was still installing so I left it to keep going I came back several hours later only to find it at in 2000 a install stuck loop Windows an earlier stage than when I last checked on it It seems as if it got to a point late in the installation stage where it required a reboot and from there it began the install process all over again I have no idea what to do I can t run a boot disk because it automatically begins the install process which only results in it rebooting and doing it all over again ad nauseum I installed the master drive from the IBM into my own PC to try and backup the personal files My Documents plus a heap of folders on the desktop but all that seems to be there are folders with no files - are they lost forever or only hidden from me because I havent been able to set up an Administrator account for the Win k install Anyway is it possible to get the install to work or retrieve the files from the desktop that were there before I tried in install Win K If neither are possible I ll just have to format and start clean nbsp

A:Windows 2000 install stuck in a loop

sloww dwn
start with adding drive to your pc
did you add as 2nd drive and copy files from it
what os is the pc you put this drive on
if your pc is ntfs it should read the files even if the files are fat32
when you coped files how long did it take and did you check to see if they where good before formatting hdd
now as to formatting drive and loosing the files ther are numberr of file recovery softwares out ther and venders, like me ,who recover deleted files in this type of situation.
if the files are unimportant lets forget them now
and try to get the ibm to run W$K setup
open machine and jumper cmos to reset
runing postion is 1-2 put it on 2-3 for bout 30sec.s or so then put the jumper bacl
make sure the unit is totaly unplugged from wall
with HDD unplugged ,boot machine
go into bios and set 1st boot to cd
2nd boot hdd 0 disable boot floppy seek and or
add drive
add disc should prompt to bbot from disc do so
if you see a configed (formatted drive )delete it
and start format over again.make sure ther are no network cards modem cards in machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2000-install-stuck-in-a-loop.37720/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi everyone,
I'm experiencing exactly the same issue as described here but I have XPS 9333 with Hynix SH920 SSD with the latest firmware installed (1010BL00).
Tried upgrading / fresh install / changing boot mode with no luck.
Any help appreciated.

A:Windows 10 install stuck on XPS 9333 with Hynix SSD

yvlasenko,
You do not mention what you set the computer boot mode to prior to installing Windows.
Click the link below for information installing Windows on your computer and windows boot menu setting that is needed for installation.
There is also a couple of links listed that hopefully, will help you complete the installation.
Restore your Dell computer to the Dell factory image using recovery media
If you have created recovery media and need to use it (because the hard drive was replaced or the pre-installed recovery partition is not available), you can restore your computer to factory settings by following these steps:
This process formats the hard drive and removes all data. Be sure you have backed up your files prior to beginning this task.

Insert the recovery media into a USB port or a DVD drive, depending on the format you used to create the recovery media.
Power the computer off.
Power the computer on and, at the Dell logo screen, tap the F12 key several times until you see Preparing one time boot menu in the top right corner of the screen.
At the boot menu, select the device under UEFI BOOT that matches your media type (USB or DVD).
Select your keyboard language.
At the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
Select Factory Image Restore.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process. This will take some time and your computer will restart.

If you have not created recovery media, you can download a Windows image online.

XPS 9333 Windows 10 Drivers and Downloads
Drivers Install Order and Help Tutorials

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19674604
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi, I'm a reasonably experience user but this one has me stumped.

I was doing a reinstall of XP this afternoon, all seemed fine but after about 40 minutes and about 11 minutes to go to complete, the machine rebooted (which I thought was part of the process) and when I looked at the screen again, the installation was back at 37 minutes. It then goes through the same routine to the approx same point and then restarts and does the same all over again.

I can't boot the PC with the disk removed from the machine, F8 has no effect on boot up, it will boot part way then the screen says restarting setup.

DOn't quite know what to do now. Any help on this appreciated. Reasonable speck PC about 14 months old dual core, 3 gig RAM etc.

Thanks in anticipation Keith

Relevancy 73.96%

I recently purchased a new gb HD which I intend to use as a new boot drive for my system with a fresh install of windows There s various problems going to be ahead I fear with trying to get the stuff from the old boot disk onto it However I m having problems even installing Windows XP pro on the thing I disconnected all my other drives and only have the new HD attached It booted from the XP install cd and asked me if I wanted to install windows I said yes and created a new gb partition on my HD to act as the boot partition Everything seemed to be working ok it formatted the drive and then said that it was going to reboot for the installation to continue However upon rebooting it merely took me back to the a loop stuck Windows Install (new in reboot XP hd) original screen asking me if I wanted to install windows If I say yes to this it tells me there is already an OS on the drive but if I overwrite this it merely goes through the same thing as it did previously and I end up getting a disk boot failure message on the reboot and then it goes straight back to booting up the cd and asking to install It is already set up to boot from the hd first Any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

Hello I am trying to install Windows XP SP3 onto a blank hard drive. I turn on pc run bios setup and delete partitions and create a new one and then enter winows setup and everything goes smoothly until it gets into the intalling windows part with 39 min remaining. I have stripped the pc down to the bare min, I have only the keyboard with no mouse and i disconn the dvd drive and unpluged any unnecc hardware. I am completely lost and also just a quick ques is it possible to install and run xp on a exernal hd?
If you know anything that could help me thank you

A:Windows install is stuck at 39min remaining

please someone help i am so lost :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-install-is-stuck-at-39min-remaining-355395.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I've found others on the forum attempting the same thing as me but with different problems I'm hoping this isn't a duplicate I recently purchased a Dell Stuck 'Starting Windows' screen on during install XPS l x that came with Stuck on 'Starting Windows' screen during install Windows The system boots from the hard drive through UEFI by default so I think the hard drive is already GPT I am attempting to install Windows from a UEFI bootable USB The system goes through the 'copying files' phase and then goes to the Starting Windows screen As the colored dots of the Windows logo are circling the system freezes Can someone help me fix this problem The following are the steps I took in order to install Windows - Formatted a brand new GB USB drive to FAT - Downloaded Windows ISO I have a key - Extracted ISO files to USB - Made adjustments so that USB is UEFI bootable efi boot bootx efi - In BIOS set SATA Operation to AHCI and Stuck on 'Starting Windows' screen during install disabled Secure Boot - Select USB drive from UEFI boot menu Many thanks in advance as I've been fighting with this for several weeks now

A:Stuck on 'Starting Windows' screen during install

What tool did you use to put the iso on the usb drive, it may be corrupted. Did you use the tutorial ?

Where did you get the iso from ?

Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/270907-stuck-starting-windows-screen-during-install.html
Relevancy 73.96%

To whomever can help:

I was given a computer for my daughter. It was JUST installed with Windows 7 home Premium sp1 when we got it. When I have tried to check for updates, it gets stuck- even if I leave it for hours & hours, it still continues to "check for updates" (& I have very fast internet). I have ran microsofts windows update troubleshooter, but it still does the same thing. I have ran the things listed in the sticky needed to be done for problems with windows update, with no issues. Please help.

Thank you for your time & assistance.

Dell Vostro A860
Windows 7 Home Premium (clean install) sp1

A:new install Windows 7 sp1 stuck checking updates

Noel is our expert on Windows 7 Updates and he is off line.

Just a note:
I just did a Clean Install yesterday and it took 5 hours to download and install Updates. Their will be over 200 of them.
The bar that goes across the screen lies. I watch my router activity light to see if things are being downloaded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/379929-new-install-windows-7-sp1-stuck-checking-updates.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have no idea how this happened but I turned on my computer one day and the theme was set to what looks like the default Vista theme This is a work computer and I don t know if Vista was ever installed on it but I m unable to change the theme and quot Vista theme quot or whatever is not even a selectable option in my display properties The main problem with this is that it interferes with Adobe Premiere which is the program that I use most on this computer I m unable to click anything inside of any windows that are opened in Premiere Here are some screenshots http stuck Windows in XP theme Vista i tinypic com Windows XP stuck in Vista theme a ivc jpg http i tinypic com oirkh jpg I ve tried stopping and restarting the themes service and it did remove the Vista theme and solved the problems with Premiere but it turns my taskbar completely black And every time I restart my computer it returns to the Vista theme Please help nbsp

A:Windows XP stuck in Vista theme

First, you could Right-Click>Properties and try to select a different theme other than the Vista one. Then, you could remove the Vista theme.

If that doesn't work, check C:\Windows\Resources\Themes to see if the Vista theme is in there, then try switching to a new theme in there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-stuck-in-vista-theme.804507/
Relevancy 73.96%

My windows vista sp1 installation has been stuck at 70% for the last hour or so. I have rebooted twice already. The computer simply goes back to the install starting at step 3 of 3. It gets to 69% and stays there for about half an hour. Then it gets to 70%. It's been at 70% for an hour now. Any recommendations? Has anyone had this problem before?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-sp1-installation-stuck.789948/
Relevancy 73.96%

I realize this is probably a very common problem stuck screen Vista at welcome Windows I also have already looked over a couple similar threads here just to Windows Vista stuck at welcome screen see if there was an easy fix but it seems like it s complicated and different Windows Vista stuck at welcome screen for everybody I m using a Dell Studio laptop I have Windows Vista Service Pack A few days ago my friend turned on my computer and apparently that was the first time - I don t have multiple usernames or a password for this computer so it went directly to the quot Welcome quot screen but wouldn t do anything after that it would just load forever he said he tried four times I m guessing he forced it off Anyway after it had been sitting for a while I had come home and tried it myself with no problems The next day however I tried turning it on and it did it to me several times before I got it to work I took the battery out and let it sit didn t work I tried to ctrl alt delete to get the Task Manager up so I could run explorer exe it won t do that either Finally I ran it in safe mode and went online to try to find a problem but couldn t so I just tried again and it worked No idea why So I uninstalled a few programs tried to update windows installed a Java update thinking maybe something there was the problem but the next time I turned it off last night I had the same problem I went into safe mode and have tried restoring it to a previous state that it worked but the only one on the list that seems to work is when I successfully booted it up in between the problems Not only that but the oldest repair date on the list was I think BEFORE the problem initially started and even doing it that far back caused the same problem The changes made on the OS that marked the different start-up repair started with an update to AVG then a DirextX update and then a few uninstalls none of which apparently seemed to fix the problem I don t know how to find the problem or fix it

A:Windows Vista stuck at welcome screen

There are a couple of things that could be causing this. One is a problem with the hdd, another are corrupted files.To check the hdd you will need to know who the manufacturer is. You can find this by using a program called SIW, (System Information for Windows), you can download it here. This information will be found under Hardware as Storage Devices. Once you know who the manufacturer is you can go to their website and download a diagnostic test to ascertain the state of your hdd.You can also run chkdsk /r and chkdsk /f, for instructions you can read them here. This will take time, so please be patient and wait till it finishes.You can run sfc (System File Checker), this will find and usually repair damaged Microsoft files. For instructions go here.Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/470412/windows-vista-stuck-at-welcome-screen/
Relevancy 73.96%

for about weeks ive been working on rebuilding 7 windows stuck vista upgrade to my computer i purchased a brand new hard drive and put it in with plans to put windows on it however i only had windows bit which my system wouldn't accept it so i had to use an upgrade disk that i had to upgrade from windows vista to windows to get the bit well i put on vista and then started upgrading to windows it went pretty well until i got to one step which is this quot transferring files settings and programs quot then on vista to windows 7 upgrade stuck the bottom it says quot please wait quot and cycles to quot installing devices and setting up your system quot and that is on vista to windows 7 upgrade stuck a loop that goes about every seconds the problem im facing is that it gives ABSOLUTELY no percentage and ive looked multiple times on the internet found alot of it stopping at but the solution for that is only if its at i found two threads about it stopping with no percentage but the threads offer no solutions i dont want to risk harming the brand new system by shutting down or aborting the setup but it has been like that for over hours and i am not sure what to do im able to move the mouse and use shift f to get the command window and use it so i know its not just completely frozen but it just wont progress at all anyone able to help

A:vista to windows 7 upgrade stuck

What are the system specs that would keep it from running 64 bit?

You will not physically hurt the system hardware by shutting it down, in fact try just that and see what happens on reboot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-to-windows-7-upgrade-stuck-697452.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi , i installed .net framework 3.5 (includes 3.0 and 2.0) on windows 8 (full version) and now i just get stuck on the boot screen forever and nothing happens.

What can i do?

A:Windows 8 Stuck on boot screen after .net framework install

sorry, solved it, my drivers were not installed correctly

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/11837-windows-8-stuck-boot-screen-after-net-framework-install.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My dad restored his computer to its factory settings while Windows 8 was in safe mode, attempting to remove a virus, and now every time the computer is booted, an error message appears, saying that Windows is not able to install because safe mode is still active. Is there a way to disable safe mode so that Windows set up can be continued?

A:Windows unable to install - stuck in safe mode

Hello, and welcome to Eight Forums.

If you like, you could use either step 6 in Option Four or step 6 in Option Five to start Windows 8 back in normal mode.
Safe Mode - Start Windows 8 in
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/27502-windows-unable-install-stuck-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Greetings to all. I performed a system restore and when the machine rebooted setup is starting services was displayed on my screen literally for hours. I decided to restart my comp and when I did this it stalled at the same point but with error message The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation. Did that,same result and error message. I have tried Safe modes with a resulting Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To continue installing Windows,restart the computer. Other F8 options have had the same results.
Thank you for your time and offered solutions
D_Turbo

A:windows 7 install stuck on setup is starting services

Try a Repair Install of Windows 7 Reference Link: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ss/windows-7-startup-repair.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361811/windows-7-install-stuck-on-setup-is-starting-services/
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm after doing a fresh install of 7 on a friends Samsung laptop and it will not update, it has kept searching for updates for 2 days, I've tried Microsoft fix it, I've stopped it through command prompt and restarted Windows update and it still won't update. I'm kinda stuck at the moment. Any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385059-clean-install-windows-7-stuck-searching-updates.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I just got myself a Kingston V series gb SSD drive but I'm unable to have it detected by windows installers After looking around I found that drives in Tecra S have to be on quot RAID quot and not JBOD to enable windows to be installed on it unless you use the recovery CD which I don't have right now even if I wanted to use it I also found that the quot string quot needed to get the BIOS to change it when you get to quot execute creation quot is S3 it install - SSD windows stuck on JBOD, on can't Toshiba New Tecra enter But here's the catch the BIOS ignores the string I type the string enter and it cancels my desired change as if I said NO and set it back to JBOD if I don't type the right string it just get Toshiba Tecra S3 - New SSD stuck on JBOD, can't install windows on it out of it but stays raid and quot execute Toshiba Tecra S3 - New SSD stuck on JBOD, can't install windows on it creation quot is still there I tried on one of my other drives and it worked fine but for some reason this drive doesn't seem to want me to do it I tried the drive on USB works fine and the BIOS sees it for what it is so the drive is working well from my testing Any Ideas on what to do now would really be appreciated I'm running out of ideas on what I didn't do correctly Thanks

A:Toshiba Tecra S3 - New SSD stuck on JBOD, can't install windows on it

Hi

> I just got myself a Kingston V series 64gb SSD drive, but I'm unable to have it detected by windows installers

Did you include the RAID driver into Windows before you have tried to install OS again?
On the Toshiba European driver page you can find the RAID driver which should be included while Windows installation setup.

Regarding the BIOS RAID change;
I?m not quite sure but it could be possible that you cannot change the RAID option due to the SSD drive.
If other HDDs work properly and if the RAID can be changed using an common HDD then the issue is related to the new SSD drive.

Maybe you need to update the firmware on the SSD drive? check it.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?53873-Toshiba-Tecra-S3-New-SSD-stuck-on-JBOD-can-t-install-windows-on-it
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello all I am trying to put my old but recently purchased HDD in another computer I have the computer's original Windows cd in the drive The HDD in question is a WD Black gb I will try to give as much 7, to stuck Trying blinking page the on install cursor Windows information as concise as I can in order to facilitate accurate help from the forum The original computer the HDD was in is an Alienware I want to put it in my old Alienware m x The HDD Trying to install Windows 7, stuck on the blinking cursor page was configured RAID by default when I reinstalled windows on the last Trying to install Windows 7, stuck on the blinking cursor page week I have put literally nothing Trying to install Windows 7, stuck on the blinking cursor page on the HDD before putting it in the m x I also have an mSATA Samsung EVO in my that is the OS drive The HDD was there for additional storage but my girlfriend's laptop broke so I'm giving her my old m x I will be putting another SSD in my The original or should I say the rd replacement HDD in te m x went bad which is why I need to put my new HDD in it When I go into BIOS on the m x the new drive is recognized but the text is black and I cannot select it in BIOS The default configuration for the drive is AHCI I suspect this is the problem I have the CD-ROM at the top of my load order followed by the HDD When I exit BIOS with the Windows CD in the drive I am stuck on the screen which only has a blinking DOS cursor in the upper left hand corner I left the computer on this screen for an hour last night so I'm pretty sure I've waited long enough for any loading to occur As I said I suspect the drive configuration is the issue I am hoping there is a way to reconfigure the drive to AHCI without putting it back in the and reinstalling windows to reformat the drive or maybe I can set BIOS to RAID I'm not sure if this will harm the drive in any way I hope I have given precise clear description of my situation but I would be more than happy to elaborate if I have been unclear or you need more info Thank in advance

A:Trying to install Windows 7, stuck on the blinking cursor page

You are re installing windows on the drive, you don`t have to re set anything on the drive itself, you are wiping it out.

But set the bios to defaults and try again.

You should be fine then.

If you don`t get the words "Press any key to boot from DVD" then your install dvd is no good.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/366124-trying-install-windows-7-stuck-blinking-cursor-page.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Greetings I've just registered into this forum i hope there install updates clean stuck installing 10 Windows would be someone who can solve my problem thanks before My device Laptop Asus G SW Core i GB RAM M x TB drive UEFI support but still with old bios interface Media amp method used GB usb drive Rufus Media creation tiol Windows ISO from any resources Windows Insider Preview ISO Windows ISO from ESD convert These days i was trying to do a clean windows install via usb disk but dunno why i'm Windows 10 clean install stuck installing updates always stuck at quot Installing Updates quot section There's no light indicator flashing on hdd fdd I already tried so many method like installing on legacy mode uefi mode removing my nd hard drive creating bootable drive with ntfs fat downloading iso from another resources using media creation tool etc BUT NO LUCK i don't want to go back to win to get windows I hope if there's someone who can solve my problem thanks before Pic

A:Windows 10 clean install stuck installing updates

Unplug your computer from any ethernet network connections and disconnect from your WiFi. Do not enter a WiFi password or connect to WiFi if asked during the install. And yes, keep all extra hard drives disconnected until you get it installed on the hard drive/SSD you want Windows 10 on. After it is all installed and stable with a local user account that you create, then you can connect everything else to the computer, connect to ethernet network if you have a wired network, connect to WiFi, and if you want to convert the local user account created to a Microsoft account login.

If you have problems with it activating right away after you connect to the internet, open a Command Prompt (Admin) and run:
slmgr /ato

in the command prompt Window. That will trigger an online automatic activation.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/57251-windows-10-clean-install-stuck-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi, i hope someone can help me.
I haven't been having any problems with my laptop, but yesterday it wouldn't start up and is stuck in this loop.
It will ask if i want to start windows normally or do a windows repair. both options land me back to where i started. i've tried f8 for safe mode but it will just go to a black screen and do nothing and i have tried restoring to last known good config but that gets me back to the rebooting loop.
So now i am trying to install a windows cd. It asks me what language i want to select etc, then i click install windows, which leads to a blue screen saying starting set up, but it just stays on this screen.
any help would be appreiciated...

A:laptop stuck in boot loop & won't install windows cd

Hello and welcome hiding mate try this first it does take quite q while to run though.

MEMTEST

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.htmlthis one you will need to make a bootable disk set the BIOSto optical (or USB if preferred) boot the machine and let it run for at LEAST 8passes unless the errors come up straight away. Takes fair time to complete andsome leave it running overnight.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/315650-laptop-stuck-boot-loop-wont-install-windows-cd.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I did a fresh install of windows 7 home premium on a brand new HDD, and after doing windows update, it won't boot to the desktop.

Instead it goes to startup repair, which fails to repair anything.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

A:Fresh install of windows - gets stuck in startup repair

It could just be because maybe Windows was installing a critical system update and it crashed in between or something and so. Anyway, you'll have to be a bit more specific though. What exactly happens after it goes into startup repair, it shows an error? Or it just gets stuck in between, if so then when? Or if something else happens, then what? If you knew, you could also tell me what update it was after which this started happening?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456201/fresh-install-of-windows-gets-stuck-in-startup-repair/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have recently installed BETA nvidia graphics drivers in an attempt to speed up my video games, during the latest install, the computer froze, and shut down. I attempted to reboot the computer, but the windows 7 loading screen was all that was showing. I am posting this in safe mode, as i have tried everything in my knowledge to fix this, to no avail. I do not want to format my PC until all options are used. Please help, thank you in advance.(i have another PC with windows xp which can be used for downloading and installing any necessary software).

A:Windows 7 stuck on load screen after driver install

Hi Alden H,

First, please post your computer specs. Posting computer specs definitely helps troubleshoot computer issues more efficiently. Since you are able to boot the computer in safe mode, try un-installing the BETA Nvidia videocard drivers that you installed. Another thing you can do is to go to device manager, un-install the videocard from display adapters and then reboot the computer. Hope everything works out well for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-stuck-on-load-screen-after-driver-install-617251.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Before this happened I was resetting my windows and it ended with error thus leaving my pc no operating system There was no problem in booting except for the no os So I tried to install Windows again with dvd bootable stuck Windows screen in clean 10 bios install during made by Windows usbdvd tool via external dvd rom During installation i deleted all the partitions of my hard drive and clicked next using the unallocated drive instead of creating new partitions The PROBLEM is we know that Windows restarts several times during installation after the first restart it became stuck in the bios boot screen and Windows 10 stuck in bios screen during clean install inaccessible Here's the Windows 10 stuck in bios screen during clean install solutions Windows 10 stuck in bios screen during clean install I already made Removed all components leaving only the hard drive and monitor reseating and using only ram slot used different hard drive which worked well changed and reset cmos changing the jumper and master slave connector to hard drive Still it's stuck on bios whenever I boot with that hard drive I haven't tried putting the hard drive in other computers though I hope you can help me because it all started with resetting windows I'm using PATA hard drive btw

A:Windows 10 stuck in bios screen during clean install

What is the error in the "bios boot screen" ?

Screenshot please.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/59322-windows-10-stuck-bios-screen-during-clean-install.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello.

I'm having trouble clean installing Windows 10 on to a new SSD.

I upgraded from Windows 7 and then created a USB with Windows 10 installer on it using the media creation tool. I switched the HDD to the ODD spot and installed a new Sandisk 240gb SSD. I'm trying to install Windows 10 on to the SSD. The install started after making a partition on the SSD using the command prompt. However now the install will go to "installing driver" have a green check mark then the computer prompts that it needs to restart to continue installation. Once the computer restarts it is stuck at a black screen that is blinking on an off and I can hear the drive running.

I have a Samsung series 7 NP700Z5a-S0aus.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-clean-install-stuck-at-black-screen.1163717/
Relevancy 73.1%

I tried updating from 8.1 to 10 from the iso and after a few reboots it just hangs at a black screen, what can i do now? Should i just reboot?

A:Windows 10 install stuck at black screen without cursor or anything

I appear to have an identical problem. Computer idle, no hdd activity. Black screen no cursor.

EDIT: got fed up with waiting, its been like this for a couple of hours now. It appears to have 'recovered the installation' sitting at 75% and says it is configuring settings 1%. Will wait and see what happens now.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/9249-windows-10-install-stuck-black-screen-without-cursor-anything.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My windows vista laptop has for some reason frozen on the loading screen, although the loading bars move it does not load the startup routine. I have tried the windows vista startup repair via disc but that did not make difference, I have also tried a system restore which did not work either. Is there a command I can do via cmd prompt? what do I have to do? I can load the computer in safe mode as well, I done a norton internet security scan but that picked up nothing.

A:Windows Vista stuck on loading screen

run a thougher an antivirus of your computer and an anti addware. if you've got one in safe mode. try scan disk or similar.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-vista-stuck-on-loading-screen.107973/
Relevancy 73.1%

hello

today i wanted to start my computer but it kept being stuck at the loading screen for more than 20 min so i tried to restart:
2 options: start windows normally --> still stuck
start starting help (recommended) --> windows starts loading but then a bluescreen occurs with the STOP error 0x07b (inaccessible boot device)

i tried with F8 starting options to boot in safe mode, use last known configuration or use the function "repair computer" but it didn't work

I have an Acer Aspire M7711 which runs on Windows Vista 64 bit

I would apreciate every help and I thank you in advance

A:windows vista stuck at loading screen

Silly question but...... It happend to me last night. Are there any disc's in ? I loaded one and forgot it was in when I shut down . Went back to start and it did just what you are saying

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-stuck-at-loading-screen-670327.html
Relevancy 73.1%

For some reason my husband put his laptop in safe mode and now can't get it to boot in reg mode? Why he did this i don't know, now every time he starts his computer it is in safe mode, can anyone tell us how to get it out of safe mode? He said he tried to go back into the bios and boot to change it back but doesn't know which option to choose? Any help would be appreciated. thank You. By the way he is using windows Vista.

A:stuck in safe mode in windows vista

Start > Run > msconfig
Check for normal startup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode-in-windows-vista.706907/
Relevancy 73.1%

I've lately gotten Windows 7.
My installer gets stuck or hangs at Transferring files, settings and programs... as there are no %'s.
First time I had that, it went on for ab. 3hours, so I thought something was wrong and restarted the installer. I'm currently on my old computer, and the installer is stuck at the same place. It's been 3hours and it's still stuck at "Installing devices and setting up your system".

I'm not sure if it's suppost to take this long, so I just want to make sure that there's no errors atm. My firewall is off, I have enough memory in my computer and I'm upgrading from Vista. I ran the windows 7 program test, I forgot what it's called but my desktop computer is eligible for the upgrade.

EDIT: I have the ultimate version of Windows 7.

A:Vista to Windows 7 Stuck at Installing devices.

Are you doing an in-place Upgrade of Vista?

These are complicated and can take many hours to complete.

Are you able to detect any progress? Is the processor light flickering at all?

If it fails it should roll back to Vista.

I hope you backed up all of your files and are prepared to do a superior clean install if it doesn't complete, or even roll back.

If you cannot afford to lose files you didn't back up, or for some reason can't do the preferred clean install, I would call MS tech support to help you salvage the upgrade. You paid for this with your copy of Win7.

When you are ready to clean install, let us know. You'll want to boot from the installer, stay connected to the internet to get latest drivers/updates, select Custom and use Advanced drive tools to format.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/46606-vista-windows-7-stuck-installing-devices.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm at my limit with this thing A few nights ago my hibernation stopped working I would put the Vista Screen Windows at Turqouise Welcome Stuck computer in hibernate and it would randomly Windows Vista Stuck at Turqouise Welcome Screen wake up whenever it felt like it The night before last it woke up like normal and I didn't touch it until I got home from school yesterday Each program had quot not responding quot in the title then explorer itself locked up and I couldn't even pull up task manager so I held down the power button after several minutes of waiting for a response and now I cannot get it to turn back on for anything It comes on boots and gets to the blue Welcome screen just before I would normally click my profile to log in then it just stops I cannot boot in safe mode It claims I have no restore points even though I know I do because I've used them before Last Known Good Config doesn't work Ctrl alt delete on the welcome screen doesn't work Enable boot logging doesn't work I don't know what else to do I cannot lose my data so clean wipe isn't an option Please and many many thank you's to whomever responds

A:Windows Vista Stuck at Turqouise Welcome Screen

Back up. Then clean install or start up repair.
Use Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from Your Dead Windows Computer - How-To Geek

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/283039-windows-vista-stuck-turqouise-welcome-screen.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi im new here so im not sure where to post this

Every now and again my Vista just gets stuck on the loading screen (the black screen with the green bars loading) this happens basically one in every 5 or so turn on's. then ill hold this button down to power off, re turn on and usually its fine. it only started happening after a vista update but unfortunately the laptop was out of my possession at the time and has gone past the system restore date. Any ideas how to fix this. I tried a startup repair with my installation disk and it says it detects no errors?

Any advice or help would be appreciated

ive defragged, disc clean uped, virus scanned. disabled all unimportant start up items..its really bugging me as its a work computer

Thanks so much

A:Windows Vista occasionally gets stuck Loading

yes the same thing happen to me with some update .when i was bouting i was stock on microsoft black screen .
and i was reading that the bad update happen on fev the 10 .6 or 7 of them .
after about a month of that i could not pass that black screnn so i put in a new drive in .that solved all my problem .

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/274165-windows-vista-occasionally-gets-stuck-loading.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi I purchased a brand new laptop with Vista home premium SP along with McAfee but as it turns out I am infected with the NTOS HOOK trojan which is reborn everytime my antivirus reports it as cleaned Below are the details run in quot safe mode with networking quot This is because normal mode gives a blue screen with Vista with Windows My NTOSKRNL.HOOK!!! stuck STOP x My Windows Vista stuck with NTOSKRNL.HOOK!!! E as soon as I login to Vista As mentioned above this is a brand new laptop just a week old and I can't do anything with it due to the blue screen problem BTW I also had the redirection issue where every other google search item click was being redirected to some weird sites but that got sorted out using MalwareBytes or so it seems DDS output DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by juzar at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS mcvsshld exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS mcvsmap exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Users juzar Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB The Weather Channel Toolbar e e e- ac - e- a- a e - c windows system TwcToolbarIe dll uRun Sidebar c program files windows sidebar sidebar exe autoRun uRun msnmsgr quot c program files windows live messenger msnmsgr exe quot background uRun Google Update quot c users juzar appdata local google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c uRun DW quot c program files the weather channel fw desktop DesktopWeather exe quot uRun cdloader quot c users juzar appdata roaming mjusbsp cdloader exe quot MAGICJACK mRun Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun PSQLLauncher quot c program files fingerprint reader suite launcher exe quot startup mRun PCMService quot c program files dell mediadirect PCMService exe quot mRun OEM Mon exe c windows OEM Mon exe mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun NVHotkey rundll exe c windows system nvHotkey dll Start mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun mcagent exe quot c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe quot runkey mRun IAAnotif quot c program files intel intel matrix storage manager Iaanotif exe quot mRun dellsupportcenter quot c program files dell support center bin sprtcmd exe quot P dellsupportcenter mRun Dell DataSafe Online quot c program files dell datasafe online DataSafeOnline exe quot m mRun Broadcom Wireless Manager UI c windows system WLTRAY exe mRun Apoint c program files delltpad Apoint exe mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot StartupFolder c users juzar appdata roaming micros windows startm programs startup delldo lnk - c program files dell delldock DellDock exe StartupFolder c progra micros windows startm programs startup blueto lnk - c program files widcomm bluetooth software BTTray exe StartupFolder c progra micros windows startm programs startup dellre lnk - c windows installer f a d - - fba-ba -c c cc NewShortcut F A D FBABA C C CC exe StartupFolder c progra micros windows startm programs startup quickset lnk - c... Read more

A:My Windows Vista stuck with NTOSKRNL.HOOK!!!

I tried to use ComboFix. Somehow started the laptop in normal mode, ran ComboFix as administrator. It prompted me to note down two file names ..something like :
gaopdx.....rwmu.sys
gaopdx.....teno.dll
and asked for a reboot.
The first time I got a blue screen while shutting down and after I restarted nothing happened with ComboFix so I started it again and this time the blue screen came up after startup while logging in. Since then I have not been able to log back into normal mode since the blue screen comes up as soon as I log in.

I am requesting someone again if there is a way to run combofix on vista home premium.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/my-windows-vista-stuck-with-ntoskrnl-hook-357638.html
Relevancy 73.1%

There was a power outage a couple hours ago and it turned my computer off. Now when I turn it on, it cannot get past the loading screen. I've left it for at least 15 minutes and I've tried running startup repair and running in safe mode. When I ran safe mode, it showed all the drivers it was loading and got stuck at crsdisk.sys. I have a recovery disk if that will help, but I'd rather use that as the last resort. Thanks to anyone that can help.

A:Windows vista stuck at loading screen

There is possible hardware damage from a power surge. But start by checking the disk for errors and repairing them. Run chkdsk /r from a command line from the booted DVD or your recovery environment.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-stuck-at-loading-screen.1014205/
Relevancy 73.1%

I use an Acer laptop: Aspire 4720-4538

Earlier I was using it, and everything was running normally, and the battery died. Plugged it in, let it charge for awhile, and when I turned it back on it took me to the "Windows Error Recovery" screen. I selected "Launch Startup Repair" and the screen went blank for a moment, and went right back to the recovery screen. Tried it again several times with the same results. Next, I tried selecting "Start Windows Normally" and it tried, rebooted, and took me back to that screen.

I bought it in 2008, refurbished, with Vista pre-installed, and it did not come with disks.

A:Stuck in Windows Error Recovery - Vista

Press ALT+F10 during boot-up -- see if you can get into the Acer recovery partition.

Contact Acer for replacement Vista recovery discs - https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/stuck-in-windows-error-recovery-vista-538867.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello all. I am trying to repair a computer that is stuck on the 'Configuring Updates' screen. Here is what I have done so far:

- Safe Mode gets stuck on the same screen.
- I have tried using the recovery cd to repair the system, but it doesn't work.
- For whatever reason, there are no restore points on this computer, so that option is out.
- I tried renaming and/or deleting the pending.xml file from c:\windows\winsxs, but the file does not exist.
- I deleted the two registry keys from HKLM\Offline Components (PendingXMLIndentifier and AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving), but to no avail

If I just let the computer sit, sometimes it will load into Windows (after several hours), but sometimes it will not. Even switching users or logging off triggers the 'Configuring Updates 3 of 3 0%' screen. Outside of reinstalling Windows or throwing the computer off the building, what can I do? Thanks!

A:[SOLVED] Windows Vista stuck on updates

Hello, how much free space have you on your HDD? Click on My Computer, right-click your System Drive, Properties and it should tell you what free space is available.

How much RAM have you? Right-click My Computer, Properties and it will tell you on that screen.

Regards,
George

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-vista-stuck-on-updates-550299.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi I m having loads of trouble with Windows Vista s Windows mode Sleep stuck Vista in sleep mode I put my vista into sleep mode last night by accident meant to select shutdown and Windows Vista stuck in Sleep mode now i can t get it to work - the fan is whirring away as if Windows Vista stuck in Sleep mode it was on but it seems as Windows Vista stuck in Sleep mode if all of the USB sockets and anything plugged into the pc is getting no power The keyboard doesn t work no lights on it The mouse doesn t work tried a wired and a wireless one Tried putting a CD into the drive to wake it up - nothing Neither of my monitors work checked and swapped cables Switched it off at the switch on the back of the pc tower itself and swapped power supply cables - nothing Short of opening it up and messing around which will void my manufacturer warranty i m stuck as to what to do i currently have a computer that s on but is completey inactive - any USB things i plug in briefly light up and then cut off I ve seen countless threads on how to avoid this happening again by going into windows settings etc but none as to how to rescue my PC from its current state as i can t even see anything as the monitors won t work Does anyone have any suggestions Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

My little sister has asked for my assistance getting her computer fixed I am unsure what has been done to it in order to make it broken but I can give any information Mode Windows Stuck Vista Safe in you may need if you ask Windows Vista Stuck in Safe Mode for specifics Ran AVG Windows Vista Stuck in Safe Mode system was clean Ran Malwarebytes system was clean The system is working properly in safemode Windows Vista Stuck in Safe Mode and doesn t seem to have any software problems that I can find I think this may be a hardware issue but I do not know how to diagnose it Someone else has worked on this computer and has system restored it to no effect When you try to boot the computer it will only boot in safe mode including hitting F and manually selecting Boot Normally If anyone would give me a starting point I would appreciate it I will look on the forums for similar issues and other possible solutions Thanks in advance -Waste Edit The version of Vista is Home Basic with Service Pack

A:Windows Vista Stuck in Safe Mode

Sorry to self-reply, but normally these things get looked at after 24 hours. Is there some information missing that you would like for me to add? Am I posting in the wrong place? Something I'm obviously missing?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/416457/windows-vista-stuck-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello everyone The main issue is that I have an ISO file on a USB and I've been trying to boot Windows from it I get to the screen where it asks me which hard drive I want to install the OSS I bought a new hard drive and as such it appears as Disk Unallocated Space From there I select it and hit quot next quot but it gives me the error message quot Setup was unable to create a system partition or locate an existing partition quot I tried partitioning it and then I tried formatting and that didn't work Also even though it is a SATA Hard drive it is set as IDE on the BIOS One part I should point out is that the SATA cable I'm using is for my old hard drive which was a SATA gb s This one is gb s I'm pretty sure that they are backwards compatible but just in case this could be an issue too I should let people know Also would it help if I burned the Stuck install drive. new cannot partition hard 7 on Windows disk on ISO on an empty DVD disk instead I heard sometimes the culprit is things on USB Thank you EDIT Should point out that this is an old motherboard but because I took the old hard drive out it is a clean install meaning that I have no OS at all

A:Windows 7 cannot install on new hard drive. Stuck on disk partition

Work through the steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

In BIOS setup are there any settings for CSM, UEFI, Secure Boot or Legacy BIOS, or does the BIOS Boot menu show any UEFI devices listed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/343441-windows-7-cannot-install-new-hard-drive-stuck-disk-partition.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a emachine W3080 with AMD Athlon XP Processor windows xp home edition preinstalled service pack 1. I was trying to update to windows service pack 2, halfway through the installation I got a message saying some file was missing, I dont remember wich one, service pack 2 couldnt install so only half my computer was updated, so I went to remove programs to remove service pack 2, then it restarted it started to boot 2 or 3 sec later it will shut off and restart again. the computer is stuck in a restart loop. even in safe mode. would a windows xp recovery disc fix it? I heard something about amd processors on HP computers having problems with service pack 2 is that something similar to what I have? and i also dont have a recovery disc, I bought this pc in a garage sale. PPLLLEASSSE HELP

A:computer stuck in a restart loop after trying to install windows service pac

When you first start booting your computer, press F8. There should be an option for "last known good configuration" try that let us know how you go.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-stuck-in-a-restart-loop-after-trying-to-install-windows-service-pac-258760.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I had to do a clean install for a user of mine and I cannot get Windows Updates to install. I've ran the torubleshooter, stopped the wuauserv service and renamed the softeware distribution folder, restarted the BITS service but it's just hung on that screen
When I check the WindowsUpdate.log I have many line like the one below for many KB's:
DtaStor WARNING: Attempted to add URL http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2016/04/windows6.1-kb3145739-x64_b9ae7ee29555dce4d1a225fd1324176a2538178a.msu for file ua5+4pVV3OTRoiX9EyQXaiU4F4o=
when file has not been previously added to the datastore

how can I get this fixed?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e8592be4-ae22-45b7-ac59-f18cb6edea33/fresh-windows-7-install-stuck-at-checking-for-updates-for-hours?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I have a Packard Bell OneTwo S It 10240 10 build Can't Anniversary on install update, stuck Windows came factory installed with W I upgraded to W last year after difficulty - upgrading to W via Windows update would Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 not work kept installing to a certain percentage then would reboot to a blank screen and freeze indefinitely I needed Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 to power off Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 then on restart it would roll back to W This happened repeatedly despite trying all sorts - clean boots uninstalling antivirus and updating drivers etc I finally installed W using Media creation tool Everything ran fine But when the big update came in Novmember that failed to in the same way as above however all other monthly windows updates install fine Windows update never tried to push the Nov update on me again - I'm still on build now I was prompted to install the anniversary update by Windows update last week but that also failed in the same way as above Download ok and begins installing fine then at some point after complete I get the blank screen indefinitely and have to power off then it reverts back to W build Having checked Packard Bell website my model is not supported by Packard Bell for W and they are not providing any drivers for it This may explain the problems Can anyone suggest how to find out what the problem is and if there is a solution I've tried looking in Update history for error codes but there is none it doesn't even show an attempt to install the anniversary update Like i said every other monthly update since last year installs fine its just the big builds that won't Thanks

A:Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240

Hi, simplest answer is avoid windows update and create the appropriate bootable medium or iso and use it as you did before.
As you know plenty of people have this sort of problem.

Note that the upgrade can introduce new issues for some (search the net), and some are delaying because of that. Older machines like yours could well exhibit such problems. So before you make this change, I recommend you create a disk image of your existing setup - a procedure you should do routinely anyway- to give another way of restoring your system.
E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for images.

It's best to have a physical bootable medium as it covers all of:
a. if you need to repeat the installation
b. as a bootable medium for recovery options
c. in case you need to do an in-place upgrade repair install

without taking up disk space.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/61022-cant-install-windows-10-anniversary-update-stuck-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi there first post here because after few days stuck boot BSOD, windows(normal,safe), to Not able upd at install trying and reading this forums trying to find similar problem and trying my best to repair my PC I ran out of ideas and know how I have Asus g sx win It will be a bit of text Not able to boot windows(normal,safe), BSOD, stuck at upd install wall you have been warned So at Thursday my PC downloaded win update KB which was I put my Not able to boot windows(normal,safe), BSOD, stuck at upd install laptop to sleep without installing that update Next morning I woke my Not able to boot windows(normal,safe), BSOD, stuck at upd install PC went about my morning routine come back and it was shutting itself down with message of Installing updates do not turn off your PC Ok I went to work when I got home I started my PC and it went as far as installing updates then restart windows logo Welcome black screen BSOD I dont have the screenshot of it right now but If I try to start windows normally there will be another BSOD the same sort All I remember is the text IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL But if needed I will post stop errors So I decided that it has to be something with the update itself corrupt or damaged I tried startup repair few times but it didint help Tried recovery and had about recovery points used of them but it could not be completed once it said that some files cannot be changed and once it was specific file that was unable to change Somehow later when I wanted to try recovery again I had lost the last recovery point I tried sfc scannow from command line in advanced repair and recovery but it could not be completed because of pending actions Tried DISM to remove the pending actions after few tries it managed to remove it Again tried sfc but it wasnt working So I restarted my PC went there again and tried sfc but still it didnt work Tried to remove restart xml and pending xml so that maybe it will help I managed to remove restart xml but there was no pending xml so I guessed because DISM deleted the pending actions With help of mini XP and bunch of tools I found out that my Boot order was damaged as it had unknown device set as boot so with help of one program which name I cant remember I managed to create a generic boot string for Win But it didnt help I tried many other things maybe even damaged it further as I was working on this last days but I dont remember everything I tried Most of those things was from this forums and some from endless googling I tried to remove the updates that windows was trying to install but somehow cant Also all types of boot beside normal will try to remove the bad installation of updates and roll back but its just stuck there for hours If I boot normally it will BSOD If I try booting at last known working configuration it tried to install that update up to then restart and nothing else Now after meddling with things better left alone it also tries to uninstall them and roll back it even goes to - of rollback but then it will restart crash like before or it will just hang for hours Now I am in Parted Magic where I can backup my data clone disk etc so its good that I wont lose everything if it comes to wipe and clean install but thats a thing I would do as last resort Also Disk Health is saying that my primary boot HDD is having end to end error and may be old Dont know if that changes anything tho Please if anyone know what to do can you help me

A:Not able to boot windows(normal,safe), BSOD, stuck at upd install

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!

Run SeaTools(DO NOT RUN FOR SSDS) SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use

If it says that it passed then you have to wipe the whole computer and re-install Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/379331-not-able-boot-windows-normal-safe-bsod-stuck-upd-install.html
Relevancy 72.24%

So i have made a huge and horrible mistake im not sure what exactly caused this but today i booted up windows it would take a super long time on the windows flashing colors screen and then just freeze so i was like whatever ill just reinstall windows it doesnt matter ive been wanting to anyways so i install it and it still happens on the boot screen i say wtf and thought maybe something on hdd was causing it so i format my hard drive try to install windows again bad decision there I cant use startup repair because it says noosinstalled even though i have installed it it just wont boot ive tried bootrec exe and stuck boot windows, loop install hdd, in tried wiped now to clean Cant nothing really happens it says successful but yeah its not cant get in safe mode nothing in the install ive gotten as far as it saying completing installation but then nothing it just does the whole boot like normal and freeze on color screen i remember vaguely seeing an error message saying it couldnt detect which hard drive to use or something like that from my first installation but that message hasnt come back since i clicked try again on it and it auto restarted my comp and thats when the problem Cant boot windows, wiped hdd, tried to clean install now stuck in loop got serious Im trying to give as much info as possible as i am just stumped i havent installed ANYTHING new whatsoever and my computer is well kept i really dont think the hdd could be a problem because its been working fine no signs of probs whatsoever before this

A:Cant boot windows, wiped hdd, tried to clean install now stuck in loop

I take it you have a Windows 7 DVD, whether OEM or MS blue-disk - no matter. Forget Startup Repair. After you boot that Windows 7 DVD, after choosing US keyboard, etc., what choices are presented to you on the next menu screen?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/366235-cant-boot-windows-wiped-hdd-tried-clean-install-now-stuck-loop.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I am running windows vista ultimate SP1 and ever since I installed Dreamscene folders always open in separate windows even though I set them to open in same window in folder options .. weird it must be a registry issue but dunno how to fix it .. I exported and imported entries from a working vista but still the same.

Help MEEEEE !!!!!

A:Vista Folders Stuck To Open In Separate Windows

Click on the attachment
Save to Desktop
Extract to Desktop

Go to start menu-->run-->regedit

Do a File-->Export (backup) of your registry. Save to anywhere

click file->import

Then select vishal.reg from your Desktop

Restart

Test again

Reply back

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-folders-stuck-to-open-in-separate-windows.106544/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I just Factory Restored a Dell Inspiron 530 today and I clicked on check for updates. First it tried looking for updates and then gave me an error message 8024402f.
I researched this error and someone suggested downloading the newest driver for your network adapter, installing it and then this should work. Well I did that and now when I click on check for updates, it just goes and goes and goes, never stops and doesn't find any updates.

Is there something that I need to have installed first or something that needs to be checked or unchecked in my settings or what.

I had this very same issue with a Windows 7 computer and someone from this forum was able to help me with it, by giving me links to 2 patches that had to be installed first, before the computer ever went onto the internet.

I'm wondering if there is something like that for Windows Vista.

Thanks in advance
computersrkool

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-stuck-on-searching-for-updates-for-ages-1164745.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have windows vista and everytime I turn on the computer it says configuring updates step 3 of 3.
but it gets stuck on that screen and never finishes, ive tried restarting and i keep getting that screen. Ive tried safe mode and last known good configuration and it keeps bringing me back to that screen.
i did a google search and mine is NOT looping. I also cant rename the pending.xml file because i cant get access to a command prompt. i dont have a vista CD because my laptop came preinstalled with vista so the CDs i got are a bootable image and not the actual vista CD.

i wanna try to run some programs but cant even get on to windows. Any ideas?

Relevancy 72.24%

Hello, I'm trying to install Vista beta 2 on to my laptop, here are the specs:

Asus W3J
Intel core duo T2400
ati x1600
100 gigs
1 gig ram

I try to boot from the installation DVD, it just gets stuck in a reboot loop. I then tried to install from WinXP, it copied the files, extracted them and rebooted. After POST, black screen and reboot loop. Does anyone have any idea on what is going on?

Thanks for any help!

A:Windows Vista Installation Stuck In Reboot Loop

Same thing with me, Vista is not compatable with Nero.. I deleted Nero finally got to probaly a log in screen but the entire screen was black except for the bottom rite corner with Windows Vista and the build number. I'm stuck here, lol. I just found a Nivida driver maybe thats my problem good luck.. joe

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/55123/windows-vista-installation-stuck-in-reboot-loop/
Relevancy 72.24%

hi
i bought the iq772.uk 18 months ago now the resoltion is stuck at 640x480 and 4bit color it looks horrible i hav tried everything it is touchsmart so i cant change graphics card i hav tried
New Windows
New drivers
reinstalled drivers
No bulgy caps or leaking
hard drive is ok
Not overheating
tried linux,ubuntu
But it works ok on nimblex when i run the live cd on ram mode
i am with hp!!!!!!
thanks in advance hope i can solve otherwise i will lose £700

A:windows vista stuck at 4bit color cost £700

Did you download the current drivers for your system, from HP's website?

You could need a monitor driver:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...73&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=nz&lang=en&product=3561187

---
"Monitors that are Plug and Play compatible usually do not need a separate monitor driver for normal viewing because the Plug and Play process provides the display modes that the monitor and graphic adapter can produce. However, if a monitor driver is available, installing it can provide a wider range of display resolutions. If Windows allows only two resolutions (such as 640 x 480 and 800 x 600), or if the monitor's native display resolution is unavailable with Plug and Play, try to find and install a monitor driver. Updating the graphics adapter driver is equally important in the video system and should also be considered..."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-stuck-at-4bit-color-cost-%C2%A3700.936861/
Relevancy 72.24%

My friend's computer (which I'm using) is stuck at loading screen. It's a Toshiba Satellite 64-bit with Windows Vista. I told him to format but he refuses because he doesn't want to lose stuff he has.

I am currently on the Safe Mode with Networking, so anything you need me to do I can do from here, except install programs.

I tried to do a virus scan with avast!, but the computer shut down. Tried again, and it shut down again. It shut down when it was about 70% done, and it had found 18 infected files. I did another scan, but this time I stopped it when it had 11 infected files and moved them to chest. And now when I do the scan it shuts down on 4%.

Can this be the cause of my problem? Or is it another thing? Solutions?

A:Computer stuck at loading screen (Windows Vista)

Can this be the cause of my problem?Click to expand...

Yup. Start a new thread in the Malware forum on this site and the experts will help you to clean it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-stuck-at-loading-screen-windows-vista.162967/
Relevancy 71.38%

Basically my old HDD died from bad sectors and I had to format and install Windows Enterprise on a back up hdd that was flooded and stuck on install) fresh clean checking updates Update (on Windows with useless documents from the past Went ahead done what I had to Windows Update stuck on checking updates (on fresh and clean install) do Windows Update stuck on checking updates (on fresh and clean install) and left Windows to check for updates Steam install some games and League of Legends update However everything finished but Windows was still checking for updates and I noticed the svchost exe netsvcs one uses about GB out of RAM Immediately knew that this was caused by the Windows Update service that's under it However turning Windows Update off is never a smart thing to do and I don't have the kind of time to manually download updates I know that it will probably blast me with updates has happened in the past but never used up so much RAM and finished way faster than hours with all my usual post installation stuff Anyways some info you should probably know -I'm using a Wireless adapter TP-LINK TL-WN N and I have read threads here that Windows Update would sometimes fail to do what it should with Wireless adapters unfortunatelly that isn't an option at the moment -Resetting Windows Update manually and through Fix It doesn't work So first thing I'm looking at is updating the Windows Update client please do tell if you think otherwise or if not link me to the newest Windows update client or probbably any hotfixes that could fix the problem never done this before and wouldn't want to mess up so I decided to ask you guys Another short question I have Does editing the group policy to stop Windows Update from auto restarting after updates still work as before I have not done this yet on this computer yet just want to know

A:Windows Update stuck on checking updates (on fresh and clean install)

Hi Qualtrox,
might be due to fact that Enterprise and Ultimate, are different versions.
If you using the Ultimate key on an Enterprise install, or visa versa, then it will hang as its failing validation.
We can check if you run this too, copy/paste the output
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=52012

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398302-windows-update-stuck-checking-updates-fresh-clean-install.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi, a few hours ago I decided to install the hp updates, however it would not finish, so I had to turn off my computer by holding down the power button. When I had restarted it, it would be stuck at the loading screen continuously loading. So I try to load in safe mode, but It would not let me and would just freeze at "crcdisk.sys". I have browsed the internet for possible solutions, but none seem to have worked. I have also tried downloading a recovery dvd and burning it to a disk with my other computer, following the guide step by step, but I could never get to the normal vista screen, instead I would end up with the loading screen. One last thing I have to mention is that my computer has like literally 0% space left in the harddrive. Can anyone help? =(

A:Windows Vista stuck on loading screen(green bars)

One last thing I have to mention is that my computer has like literally 0% space left in the harddriveThat's the most likely reason, you can't boot.You'll need to slave the drive in another computer and remove some stuff.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316296/windows-vista-stuck-on-loading-screengreen-bars/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi,
My computer is stuck at the loading screen. The bars keep passing but doesnt go anywhere. The other problem I have is that when i boot in safe mode it gets stuck on \windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys .
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Feature Specification
Processor Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6300 (dual core) 64-bit processor

* Each core operates at 1.86 GHz
* 1066 MHz front side bus
* Shared 2 MB L2 cache

# Memory Installed: 1024 MB DDR2 (PC4200), 533 MHz memory (two 512 MB modules)

Hard Drive 250 GB, 7200 RPM, Serial ATA II hard drive with 8 MB cache
i only have 1 HDD

A:Windows vista stuck on loading screen loop with bars =(

If you have a Vista install disc, boot with that and run the start up repair.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-stuck-on-loading-screen-loop-with-bars.846063/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello, I have a big problem with my themes. My themes in Windows vista are all copies of "Windows Vista" And "Windows Classic" themes that are completely blank in the box where the picture should be. When I select ANY theme, it is in the Windows 98 theme, and I have tried stopping the Themes and starting it, setting it to automatic, but none of those work. Can someone please help?

A:Windows Vista Home Edition Stuck in 98 Classic Theme

Vista prevents changing from classic theme when you are low on resources. You'd need to give some more information.

Is your system running slow of late?

Is your c: drive full? How big is it? How much RAM do you have (control panel/system)?

Check control panel > system >advanced system settings> advanced tab > performance settings and check what windows is set to.

Then click advanced tab (still in performance settings) and look how large your virtual memory/paging file is.

You might need to clean house a bit. Run disk cleanup (start/all programs/accessories/system tools). Uninstall programs you don't want or use (contol panel/programs-programs and features/uninstall a program).

If you haven't defragged for a while do that when you get a chance (same location as disk cleanup)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-home-edition-stuck-in-98-classic-theme.1005093/
Relevancy 71.38%

First some background info I'm running Vista home edition on a Fujitsu FMV Biblo NF D laptop It's a Japanese computer with Japanese installation However I changed the UI language to English After about months of use the battery stopped charging We haven't bought a new one and just use the computer plugged into the stuck 'configuring cycle [SOLVED] updates' Windows in Vista mains Yesterday I used the computer fine did a windows update and restarted all [SOLVED] Windows Vista stuck in 'configuring updates' cycle OK Later I set the computer to sleep and then later on unplugged it and put it away This morning I switched it on and I got the familiar configuring updates screen I thought nothing of it went and made a cup of tea while it did its thing When I came back I noticed that it was getting to update of and the computer would restart This happens continuously if I let it I then pressed F and tried safe mode - it didn't work I then tried f and 'Repair your computer' It's all in Japanese but I managed to get to a diagnostic screen where I received the following report Problem Signature Problem Event Name StartupRepairV Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature NoRootCause Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature WrpRepair Problem Signature OS Version Locale ID I searched around the internet using this report and followed advice to use the Vista CD to run Startup Repair I didn't receive the CD with my computer so I downloaded and burnt a Vista recovery CD and ran Startup Repair Startup Repair couldn't find and problems solutions I then tried System Restore I had not created any System Restore points Major oversight on my part I know I then tried the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool No problems I also ran a Fujitsu repair diagnostic tool all in Japanese but it basically checked the CPU memory and HDD for errors No errors reported I've read that some of these errors can be fixed by going into the command prompt and changing some files Unfortunately I couldn't find any such solutions for my particular error code I know that exhausting the Startup Repair and System Restore Point solutions gives me few choices but I really hope I can find a way of fixing the computer without losing any data I am utterly grateful for your expert help and advice Please help

A:[SOLVED] Windows Vista stuck in 'configuring updates' cycle

Hello majorbriggs and welcome to TSF!

Sounds like you are getting a BSOD while your computer is updating. Can you get onto your desktop atall? (if you could Go to C > Windows > Minidump > zip up the dump files and upload them with your next post)

How much free disk space did you have?
When was the last time you updated the drivers on your laptop?
Have you installed any new software prior to this happening?

Thanks,
Altie

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-vista-stuck-in-configuring-updates-cycle-637425.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Sorry for the vague title but couldnt come up with something better I have a desktop PC with Vista Home Premium and five user accounts for the family includign my own as admin My wife complained to me that she was having problems with sound on the PC so I went to check it out for her When I logged into my admin account I see the old Windows or XP look rectangular windows amp Start button grey backgrounds etc I just assumed I had accidentally changed the stuck theme Admin on) acting XP Vista odd (windows account theme but when I try to reset it to my own theme I get a message saying Vista Admin account acting odd (windows XP theme stuck on) The visual styles could not be applied Access has been denied Now when I switch user to my Wife's account it seems she still has the regular theme and all looks OK But now the odd thing - when I go to switch user back to my admin account the screen blanks out then reloads the user login screen amp doesnt let me switch to my account I have to restart the PC to get to it Is this a virus I have up to date McAffee on the PC so it shoudlnt be Hope you can help

A:Vista Admin account acting odd (windows XP theme stuck on)

Please download TDSSKiller exe version to your desktop. Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants. Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.    Click on Change Parameters and click Detect TDLFS File System.    Click the Start Scan button.    Do not use the computer during the scan    If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.    If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.    Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.    Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.    A TDSSKiller text file would be saved in Local Disk C.    Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.ADW CleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Clean.Confirm each time with Ok.You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519999/vista-admin-account-acting-odd-windows-xp-theme-stuck-on/
Relevancy 71.38%

Problems crash/stuck Boot Vista at Solved: Manager Windows with my girlfriend s computer so here s where I m at right now - Windows Boot Manager Solved: Vista crash/stuck at Windows Boot Manager shows error code xc e and that winload exe is missing or corrupt - The version of Windows Vista on her Compaq Presario c came pre-installed therefore I have no installation discs or recovery discs - I have the Vista Recovery Disc ISO and Solved: Vista crash/stuck at Windows Boot Manager have burned it onto CD-RWs CD-Rs and DVD-Rs using Roxio s Creator Classic and have changed the boot order in the BIOS to read from the CD drive first but the computer does not read from the cds dvds on startup so I cannot run the Vista Recovery program If anyone is familiar with Creator Solved: Vista crash/stuck at Windows Boot Manager Classic bootable discs can be created in the following types Floppy Disc Emulation MB Floppy Disc Emulation MB Hard Disk Emulation No Emulation I have tried the first three types but the computer will not read the cds dvds that I have burned the Vista Recovery Disc ISO onto - I m able to use the AVG Recovery program that I installed on a flash drive changing the boot order in the BIOS to read from USB first of course and its sub-programs but that s about it - I cannot boot into ANY safe mode in order to get to a command prompt to run fixboot I am suspecting that the cause of this failed boot has to do with installing AVG Free onto my girlfriend s laptop computer with Windows Vista Home Premium as the OS I ve read on the internet that there have been problems conflicts with AVG Free and Windows Vista So after reading all that does anyone out there know of a fix for this problem of mine Every forum I ve checked for this problem always shows a guy who has the same problem as me but his question has never been answered and or the thread has been locked or is expired This place is my last chance I don t want to go out and buy a new hard drive but that will be my last resort nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

Computer gets stuck On the motherboard screen, and when I try to enter the setup when pressing delete it will change screens and say entering setup but will get and will not load the setup. I think I obtained a virus from a torrent and made my computer act like this.

Specs: windows 7 home edition
Ripjaws 4gb ram
Intel core i5
Motherboard : msi p55a-gd55

A:Computer stuck on motherboard loading screen, and stuck in setup.

Wrong forum for malware issues. Please post here: Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-stuck-on-motherboard-loading-screen-and-stuck-in-setup-595494.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate on a Lenovo laptop that originally had Windows 7 Home Premium. there was 289 updates two weeks ago, I made sure that they were all installed before shutting it down, but somehow the laptop magically downloaded and installed more while the computer was off for two weeks. I turn it on and get a "configuring Windows Updates" and then it automatically restarts, upon restart, it gets stuck on the Windows logos screen "starting Windows" for 20 minutes and now it has been stuck on the "Please wait..." screen for four hours! I hard shut it down, it get suck again same on Windows logo and same "please wait", hard shut down, choose safe mode, and the same thing happens yet again! I cannot get into the computer whatsoever and the machine was running PERFECTLY two weeks ago! It was flawless two weeks ago and now it won't get past the startup screen!

Please help!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623809/stuck-on-starting-windows-and-then-please-wait-clean-install-of-windows-7/
Relevancy 71.38%

M installing windows 7 form an unlegit copy of windows xp (I didn't to that, friend did :(. He kinda ripped me off, anyway) we bought a good legit copy, did a custom install from xp, not from disc as it would not let us, due to some kind of virtual drive being created, when unlegit copy was installed (I think). When it went to restart, it started up, loaded a bit, than went to a black screen where it read "starting windows" except without the usual logo. We are planning to do a hard drive format to clean it up and boot off disc to fix, any other simpler solutions?

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 install stuck on starting windows with no icon?

If you are trying to upgrade XP to Windows 7, you can't as there's no upgrade path from XP to Windows 7. Windows 7 has to be installed on to an empty partition using a full version Windows 7 DVD (ie not an upgrade version).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-install-stuck-on-starting-windows-with-no-icon-610977.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello there "please wait" Cannot on Vista, install screen stuck fellow vista users Here's my painful vista installation scenario Booting from DVD quot Windows is loading files white progress bar takes minute Blue green vista background HDD and DVD drives are active takes minutes for the next screen I get to select languages then click on quot Cannot install Vista, stuck on "please wait" screen install now quot Next I get a quot please wait quot screen HDD and DVD drives are active takes minutes for the next screen If I'm quot lucky quot I get this next - quot A required cd dvd drive device driver is missing quot pop-up and that's as far as I was able to go The same happens with Windows the screens differ a little and I think the waiting times between these screens a even longer but it's the same deal Windows XP installs fast and without an errors What I've tried so far Updated BIOSTried different settings in BIOSTried different RAMSwitched DVD drive to slave masterBunch of other desperate stuff Updated the DVD drive firmware to the most recentChecked with Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor no issues found My specs are in my profile if you need more information on the matter please ask Thanks in advance

A:Cannot install Vista, stuck on "please wait" screen

First try running the free Windows 7 upgrade advisor located here: Download details: Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Beta

If you've got XP installed, also run the free Vista upgrade advisor located here: Download details: Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/251799-cannot-install-vista-stuck-please-wait-screen.html
Relevancy 70.52%

i went from windows 8 to 10 about a year ago ans now i got this problem... https://youtu.be/-P4mBrUUhto and also sometimes it loads up pc detected a problem restarting for u.. and it just keeps doing that... and then gets stuck tp another black screen...i have this pc for more than 2 years.

A:Pc stuck in hp logo then stuck in black screen and startup r...

Hi, Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ) and run the tests on the Hard Drive and Memory. Post back with the results, including any error codes that may be generated. Can you also post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your hp 2000 series notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Pc-stuck-in-hp-logo-then-stuck-in-black-screen-and-startup/td-p/5778107
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi and thank you for reading my post I was advised to create a new thread by InadequateInfirmity with reference to this thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t cannot-run-exe-files-in-windows-vista- -home-edition page- My operating system is Windows Vista Home Edition on a brand new Acer Aspire laptop purch ased in and just opened and used for the first time a few weeks ago We were able to stuck Vista constant in Windows unable start to loop, reboot 64 run through many Antivirus procedures but did not find any serious infections Then upon trying to boot windows in safe mode in order to perform windows all repair procedure the laptop became stuck in a start up loop where I get a black screen with a large white arrow before it rebpots and repeats I cannot access any safe mode and the only way Windows Vista 64 stuck in constant reboot loop, unable to start I can enter windows is from f then selecting last known good configuration which boots into safe mode I cannot connect with the Internet through safe mode We performed a check disk but that Windows Vista 64 stuck in constant reboot loop, unable to start didn't determine any problems Windows start up repair also did not find any problems However even after doing system restore with multiple points the start up boot problem still remains My laptop did not come with a system restore back up disc and I do not know what to do Please advise on what I can do to correct this issue Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you and best regards

A:Windows Vista 64 stuck in constant reboot loop, unable to start

Tap F8 at boot. Select Disable AutoRestart on System Failure. Does the computer throw a blue screen on reboot?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616507/windows-vista-64-stuck-in-constant-reboot-loop-unable-to-start/
Relevancy 70.52%

Well the title was hopefully discriptive and brief enough to get some skilled help on this one so here is a bit more details I am working on a DELL XPS with Vista Home Premium build its a couple years old Its not mine and I am not entirely familiar with the machine I do know this it can handle vista fine and works well until yeasterday I am told the Login reinstall Vista stuck activate, screen Home, must to at Windows machine came from Dell and was bought just as Dell switched to not offering XP anymore I do not know what updates have been applied Error Details Boots fine to login screen then I get error message quot Windows must be reinstalled to Activate quot I hit close and get droped to Login Vista Home, Windows must reinstall to activate, stuck at Login screen screen I click admin user only user available and Vista Home, Windows must reinstall to activate, stuck at Login screen get Vista Home, Windows must reinstall to activate, stuck at Login screen the message again As an additional error the bottom right of my screen reads This Copy of Windows is not Genuine Windows Vista Build I do have Windows and OS X Snow Leapord disks available if I need to use them but would rather not I do not as yet know if Vista disks are available What I need I need to recover critical buisness files from the computer if at possible before doing a reinstall Attempting a safe mode boot to try and recover files now while I wait for quot hopefully prompt quot response

A:Vista Home, Windows must reinstall to activate, stuck at Login screen

As an update, I am able to login via safe mode and in the process of backing up files.

I still do not know the cause of my errors above and would greatly appriciate some insight.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/273290-vista-home-windows-must-reinstall-activate-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi and thank you for reading my post I was advised to create in 64 constant reboot Windows start loop, Vista to unable stuck a new thread by InadequateInfirmity with reference to this threadhttp www bleepingcomputer com forums Windows Vista 64 stuck in constant reboot loop, unable to start t cannot-run-exe-files-in-windows-vista- -home-edition page- My operating system is Windows Vista Home Edition Windows Vista 64 stuck in constant reboot loop, unable to start on a brand new Acer Aspire laptop purch ased in and just opened and used for the first time a few weeks ago We were able to run through many Antivirus procedures but did not find any serious infections Then upon trying to boot windows in safe mode in order to perform windows all repair procedure the laptop became stuck in a start up loop where I get a black screen with a large white arrow before it reboots and repeats I cannot access any safe mode and the only way I can enter windows is from f then selecting last known good configuration which boots into safe mode I cannot connect with the Internet through safe mode I tried each of the options in f including disable auto restart on system failure but it still continued with the reboot loop We performed a check disk but that didn't determine any problems Windows start up repair also did not find any problems However even after doing system restore with multiple points the start up boot problem still remains My laptop did not come with a system restore back up disc and I do not know what to do Please advise on what I can do to correct this issue Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you and best regards Hope I posted in the correct thread I am having a bit of difficulty learning how to use my Samsung tab I apologize for the inconvenience

A:Windows Vista 64 stuck in constant reboot loop, unable to start

You are posting in the correct thread; please go to the top right hand corner of this page and click on Follow This Topic.  This way you will be notified of new responses to this thread.

You will need access to a working PC and a USB drive (stick type would be fine).
 FIRST >>>>
Download MCShield to your desktop and install it.
It will initially run a scan and show the result as a toaster by the system clock
Then in the control centre select scanner and tick unhide items on flash drives
Plug in the drive and McShield will start a scan
Select logs and then copy/paste it to your next post
Also, copy the MCShield install file to the USB drive to transfer it to the laptop.

SECOND >>>>
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 64bit and save it to your USB drive. 

Remove the drive and plug it into your laptop (once it is booted into Safe Mode). 

Install MCShield.exe on the laptop (this is to protect your systems from USB sourced malware).

Copy the FRST64.exe file to the laptop Desktop from the USB drive and run it .
Right click the FRST file on your desktop and select "Run as Administrator..." (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
If an update is available, the program will inform you and download the update.  Allow it do this please.
Once the tool shows "The tool is ready to use." message, please press the Scan button.
It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
Please copy and paste log back here.
The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
In this case you will have to copy the log files (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) from the laptop onto the USB drive and then transfer them to the working system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616703/windows-vista-64-stuck-in-constant-reboot-loop-unable-to-start/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hey everybody A little while ago I updated my Dell XPS M laptop NVIDIA GeForce M GS load. blank bar OS screen at Stuck a Windows Vista loading wont after the graphics card and the next day the display was all blue with horizontal lines going through it There was sound but that s all what I was seeing I turned it on and off again and again but to no avail I left it on for a while and then Windows Vista wont load. Stuck at a blank screen after the OS loading bar suddenly the display cleared up and the Start up repair screen was on and it stayed that way for hours so I turned it off and then on again bear with me here lol The BIOS screen appeared so did the OS loading screen later but that was about it The screen was black Safe mode Windows Vista wont load. Stuck at a blank screen after the OS loading bar wont work it always stops at Windows system drivers crcdisk sys System restore wont work also it just freezes Startup repair keeps apparently freezes too it keeps loading for hours with no change Im reallly confused and I don t know what to do Im trying to avoid using the Factory Image Restore since I have so many important files that I dont want to delete I really appreaciate any help over here guys Thanks nbsp

A:Windows Vista wont load. Stuck at a blank screen after the OS loading bar

You updated the graphics driver or replaced the whole video card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-vista-wont-load-stuck-at-a-blank-screen-after-the-os-loading-bar.159319/