Windows Support Forum

Problem booting after installing windows 7

Q: Problem booting after installing windows 7

I have tried installing windows 7 on my vista machine on a seperate partition, but once all setups are complete and win 7 is ready to load, the bootloader won't come up.

This is my friends win 7 disk and he claims to have installed it several times on a clean hard disk.
To get back into vista, I had to begin reinstalling windows 7, then before i boot into it for the first time to let it configure i went onto vista and formatted / removed entry in boot loader.

I have also tried running the "are you ready for windows 7?" application and it was fine with it.

I'm currently using my vista disk to system restore and get some luck out of that, but otherwise, I have no idea. Can anyone provide some advice?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Problem booting after installing windows 7

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Problem booting after installing windows 7

Hi this is a how to on dual booting windows vista and 7 http://maketecheasier.com/how-to-dua...s-7/2009/01/11

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-booting-after-installing-windows-7-a-424035.html
Relevancy 65.79%

have installed new hard drive western digital hddwd1916 to replace faulty c drive & tried to install windows 7. i am getting disc boot failure, insert system disc & press enter msg after switching off & on again hope you can help.thanks.

A:Problem Installing Windows 7 & Booting to DVD

Have you set your CD drive to be the first boot device in your BIOS setup page? Is the DVD you're using an original pressed CD or a DVD-R you burned?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-installing-windows-7-and-booting-to-dvd-597358.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Well this is a long story It started way back when my computer randomally decided to tell me that quot delay write failed quot and then i restarted my computer and it creeped along very slowly The startup took about minutes and everything after that was terrible I then found out about PIO mode and windows... PLEASE booting/installing Problem HELP! DMA mode which somehow my drive Problem booting/installing windows... PLEASE HELP! switched from DMA to PIO all by itself So then i uninstalled it restarted and then it worked perfect Everything went smoothly Only this was a repetitive course i had to keep working with Every other week my computer would start to slow down and the same process happened Sometimes boot up time would be close to a half hour So then the other day i decided to put more memory in my system I only had mb and decided Problem booting/installing windows... PLEASE HELP! to get another stick of the same and boost it up to a gb Only my computer wouldn t start when i put it in Wierd i thought So i took it back out and i had to refresh my bios by taking the battery out for a while and then booting it back up But now windows won t start It stays on the same loading screen that it used to take anywhere from minutes to a half hour and i let it sit there for hours and no progress I m running my Problem booting/installing windows... PLEASE HELP! computer off a linux live cd right now Thats the only way i can make use of this machine I have two hard drives and i decided to try and do a fresh install on my back up hard drive So i unplugged the primary booted up with a new XP disc went through the install and then when it rebooted and was doing the REAL installation where it tells you about all the great new features and error message popped up It said quot windows is missing a component fatal error quot stuff like that so i went to the log and it said quot missing C i quot or something I can t remember the exact information but either way its missing something from the install how does that even happen So how should i go about doing a fresh install on my hard drive if i get that error PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Problem booting/installing windows... PLEASE HELP!

i'm sorry... the error was C:I386....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-booting-installing-windows-please-help.521529/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello Booting/Repairing/Installing Windows XP Problem with everyone I have an Asus EEE PC PX running Windows XP which wouldn t boot displaying the following error Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt System Drivers Ntfs sys I researched a lot about this problem and concluded that the best thing would be a repair And so having no CD DVD drive I made a bootable USB Flash Drive with the Windows XP installation and slip streamed into it the SATA drivers However the screen showing me the currently installed OS and allowing me to repair it never displayed and so I couldn t make an automatic repair Therefore I tried Problem with Booting/Repairing/Installing Windows XP repairing the system using the Problem with Booting/Repairing/Installing Windows XP Recovery Console Repair option The problem I encountered here was that while I Problem with Booting/Repairing/Installing Windows XP was able to rename ntfs sys into ntfs old I was given an Access is Denied when I tried to copy the new ntfs sys on the drive using this line copy D i ntfs sys C windows system drivers Therefore I gave up and made a format followed by a clean install of Windows XP encountering yet a new problem when the installation completed and the system restarted The new error message is now as follows Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt lt Windows root gt system hal dll Please re-install a copy of the above file The solutions I read about involve yet again booting from the pen drive and making some amendments using the recovery console However I cannot do this since the error screen pops up as soon as I boot from my flash drive Can there be something wrong with my hard drive Or my XP Installation CD However I have installed windows from it several successful times I know that there are a lot of posts regarding these problems but neither of them seems to address my problem directly I really appreciate any help from you guys Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

So I have tried Booting updates first installing and set of updater W7 after problem to install SP versions of Windows Home Premium bit and Ultimate bit from either a burned ISO downloaded from Digital Rivers or on a bootable USB stick or from a Booting problem after installing W7 updater and first set of updates Dell re-installation disc on my Latitude E I can install W just fine However I am prompted to update my Booting problem after installing W7 updater and first set of updates Windows Updater usually either kb and or kb If I reboot after that the Booting problem after installing W7 updater and first set of updates system works fine However once I select the first critical important updates and install them the computer locks up on reboot and goes into system repair mode The error messages range from corruption of the bootloader windows system drivers iastora sys is corrupt Error Code x to other messages I've tried to repair under bootsec exe system repair which usually doesn't work repair from a system repair disc repair from the Windows disc which usually doesn't work I've tried system restore which does work but then puts me back to where I need to download the updates again Same with a system image disc I've tried cleaning up the drive fragments after the initial installation and that hasn't helped either And I tried a repair installation from Windows ISO which didn't work either So I quot m kind of stuck I know that I need to do updating but I can't do it safely without corrupting the system Note I do a full wipe overwriting with 's and 's before doing an install nd Note the important updates seem to be all Windows system updates and do not contain any specific machine drivers that I can tell my glancing at them I have had problems installing the machine drivers but have mapped out which ones are good and which ones bork the system

A:Booting problem after installing W7 updater and first set of updates

Sounds like your injecting drivers into a driver-complete OS like it's XP. This can cause exactly the problems you're experiencing. Win7 provides the drivers in installer and via Updates. You only need the network driver in backup in case it doesn't start up connected so you can install it to get online and get Updates. Don't inject any of your own drivers until after all Updates are done, then any missing in Device Manager (or if Standard VGA is given for Display) you can import from the Device's or PC's Support Downloads webpage.

Which version of Win7 do you actually own? Why are you trying to install another version than the one you own?

There is no reason to run any more than Diskpart Clean Command and it is only needed if there are installation failures. Otherwise just delete all partitions each time and create/format new. But for a diagnostic install we will have you do just the Clean command.

Install and check now the SMART condition of HD using CrystalDiskInfo - Software. If it shows warnings then Test your HD with the maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan followed by a full Disk Check

Do a diagnostic install where you wipe Clean the drive, create/format install partition, install Win7 with ethernet wire connected to increase chance it starts up connected - if not install ethernet or wireless driver to get online.

Then enable Automatically deliver drivers via Windows Update (Step 3),
check for Updates and install Optional Drivers first, reboot, check performance. Then check for Updates again then install small groups of Updates which will each set a Restore point. Check performance after each group. If any causes a problem, System Restore to before that group and install each of those Updates singly to try to pinpoint the problem update to post back in our Updates forum. Do this until all Updates are installed, then continue by installing programs testing performance after each.

If you stick with these same steps for Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 then you will achieve and maintain a perfect install for as long as you do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/335790-booting-problem-after-installing-w7-updater-first-set-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi guys. I have problems booting mi laptop (Toshiba Satellite P50-B-11V , F04236S) after installing NTI Echo3 to migrate data from original HDD to a new SSD (Toshiba 480 Gb Q300 series).

Error : file/echo boot/initrd.gz not found. Driver pata-platform...
Kernel panic not syncing VFS: unableto mount rootfson unknown - black (0.0).

Does anyone face this problem? Please advice if you have time.
I have tried few times to repair Windows (F12 key) and tried different ways to migrate data but the same problem appear after reboot.

Thank you fo your time.

A:Problem booting Satellite P50-B-11V after installing NTI Echo

Originally Posted by marianbur

Hi guys. I have problems booting mi laptop (Toshiba Satellite P50-B-11V , F04236S) after installing NTI Echo3 to migrate data from original HDD to a new SSD (Toshiba 480 Gb Q300 series).

Error : file/echo boot/initrd.gz not found. Driver pata-platform...
Kernel panic not syncing VFS: unableto mount rootfson unknown - black (0.0).

Does anyone face this problem? Please advice if you have time.
I have tried few times to repair Windows (F12 key) and tried different ways to migrate data but the same problem appear after reboot.

Thank you fo your time.

Dear marianbur,

Having the same problem here, New laptop is now stuck... Did you receive any solution yet ?

Greetz

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89835-Problem-booting-Satellite-P50-B-11V-after-installing-NTI-Echo
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi thank you for taking the time to help me with my issue as I am extremely disappointed with what is happening To start ill give you the specs on the computer I purchased before I attempt to explain the problem Specs Intel Core i - T Processor OS Windows bit Mother Board Asus P Z -V Graphics card- MSI Afterburner R G Im not to technologically savvy so excuse my lack of knowledge as to problem driver after Booting graphics installing specs Explanation So I purchased all of these components about three months Booting problem after installing graphics driver ago when I decided to upgrade my computer I built this computer for gaming and school purposes On the first and initial install after I personally installed all of these components the instal of the OS and all drivers was quick and easy and worked great After several months of playing games I went to download an update for a game Booting problem after installing graphics driver and it was unable to fully load so I decided to Reformat Definitely regret that now I put in the Windows disc Booting problem after installing graphics driver and did the custom install which completely wipes clean the C drive and removes old windows files sort of quot starting fresh quot I successfully install the OS system MOBO drivers and C drive drivers but here is my problem now when I go to install the driver for the Graphics card MSI Afterbruner R G it says it downloads successfully and requires a reboot I reboot the computer and here is where the actual problem starts it initially loads all the ways to the windows symbol that shows before the password screen but then it goes completely blank and I just don t know what to do I m extremely frustrated and really upset that I spent so much money on a computer and its having issues already Please Please help me Here is what I have tried so far I have attempted to install the driver from the cd Fail Same symtoms I have attempted to install the drivers from the internet firefox Fail same symptoms I have attempted to install the drivers in different orders Ie Video card first then MOBO Fail I just don t understand why its not working now but worked great last week nbsp

A:Booting problem after installing graphics driver

Can you boot in to safe mode from F8. If so try going into safe mode and deleting the graphics driver. See then if you can boot into windows . If so run a check disk.See if this helps. Plus make sure all your chip drivers for your mother board are installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/booting-problem-after-installing-graphics-driver.184037/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi my name is Kent nice to meet you So here i have this problem that i don't know what to do I Installing 7 up and windows Booting have my old motherboard its a Asus P S and i have some gig of ram its DDR So its done i got all the wire and stuff and i have build my simple computer and i reset the pins to so i was trying to install windows Ultimate bits And when the loading comes out it freeze and then restart by it self And i got a new Idea again my other computer have a windows on in I Installing and Booting up windows 7 went and remove it and put it on my other one The one that i just build well its works its loading well but then its freeze and then its restart again and again And now they want me to inserts the windows Cd to fix some stuff so i did put the windows Cd in it and it said it fix the problem so it restart the same problem over and over again Sorry for the long story I hope i WE can fix this Good luck not just me but you to take care all ways have a good day

A:Installing and Booting up windows 7

Hi this board was it originally for a xp system ? as the only thing I see on the asus site shows as xp ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P4S8X there are no win 7 drivers so you may have great difficulty in getting it to work with win 7,have you checked the hdd is fit to use ie run a diagnostic from the hdd maker support site

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installing-and-booting-up-windows-7-a-570183.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have installed Windows 7 and then i installed Linux on an other partition of the Hard Disk
now i wanted to install windows Xp for some project work, i removed the linux(ubuntu) and installed the Xp on the same partition

the problem is that i am not able to see the option to boot Windows 7.

Please Help .....

A:Windows 7 Not Booting After Installing Xp

Here is a great tutorial on how to do what you are trying to do.

Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

Steve

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/101067-windows-7-not-booting-after-installing-xp.html
Relevancy 53.75%

A few hours ago I used EasyBCD and deleted Windows entry from it still had a Windows loader entry Due Windows installing booting problems. and 7 to that now whenever I try to boot up Windows I get a BSOD right at the icon thinggy those lights Windows 7 installing and booting problems. BSOD Error message - gt x b I do have a USB flash with windows on it and I tried to use it in order to repair or reinstall When trying to repair it sais that It can t find any instalation of Windows When trying to install it finds no drives like partitions where to install it I have tried using the command prompt and I have found out that If i write diskpart and then list volume It only shows the USB Flash and no other partitions At this moment I m running this PC with Ubuntu I can access my old Windows files and move them around Also the ubuntu instalation doesn t see any Windows instalation out there I can only chose between Wipe everything and install Ubuntu or something else As far as I remember my partitions look like sda - MB I have no clue what this is but I guess it is due to EasyBCD or something sda - MB - the one Windows always makes sda - MB - Classic C drive the place where Windows is installed sda - D drive where I keep my files Here is some info I got from ubuntu What options do I have other than wiping the entire hard drive I want to save some information from the hard drive nbsp

A:Windows 7 installing and booting problems.

If you want to save info, use your Ubuntu to boot, and copy the files you want onto a USB memory stick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-installing-and-booting-problems.1120572/
Relevancy 53.75%

So I'm attempting to help Installing Problems and Booting Windows fix my friends computer its a Gateway NV series running windows not sure what the model number is The problem is when I try to boot the computer I get a window saying quot Start Up Repair Windows cannot repair this computer automatically If you have recenly attached a device to this computer such as a camera or portable music player remove it and restart your computer If you contiunue to see this message contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance Click finish to exit and shut down your computer quot There's two options above the FINISH and CANCEL buttons quot View diagnostic and repiar details quot which opens a window saying quot Startup repair diagnosis and repair log Last successful boot time some date number of repair attempts Session Details - System Disk Device Harddisk Windows directory C Windows Autochk Run Number of root causes quot and the other option is quot view advance options for system recovery and support quot but none of the options here do too much I was given a windows upgrade disc and a windows drivers and software disc I tried booting for the upgrade disc but that Problems Booting and Installing Windows didn't work So I downloaded a version of windows and burnt it to a dvd and tried to boot from that but that didnt work either So I tried to boot to ubuntu from the cd to backup all his files and that worked I need a way to get windows back on this computer please help

A:Problems Booting and Installing Windows

So you/your friend dont have the windows 7 installer disk or haven't created a repair disk ?

At that situation you may download Download Windows 7 System Recovery Discs — The NeoSmart Files .

Download the appropriate disk image that you need in this situation, burn it in a disk , and boot it up .... then follow these tutorials .

Startup Repair

Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

These tutorials should work .

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/182343-problems-booting-installing-windows.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello...I will start from the begining .

I bought the Acer V5 and tried booting it up...it came with boot-up Linux which means nothing to me so I made a Windows 8 bootable USB and the problems started. First I could'n find the USB and after enabling the Legacy mode it finally found it and booted from it. Turned out the partitions are GPT and as I made the USB MBR it couldn't install so I canceled which I guess was my mistake but there was no other option. After that I created the bootable USB with GPT partition scheme and tried again. Unfortunately this time I got something called GNU GRUB....wth? I googled around and found the commands required for booting - root (hd1,0), then chainloader +1 and finally boot. Then I get the famous The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors with Status: 0xc000000e. Of course tried that couple of more times but still to no avail. I cannot recover or repair as Windows was never really installed, so I don't know what to do....Hopefully someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance guys.

Petar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-booting-windows-installing-issues.205294/
Relevancy 53.32%

i installed windows 8.1 using pendrive after shuting down that laptop is not starting. During boot it is not showing anything.Nothing is happening even after i press f2 or f10 or f12.my laptop is lenovo g570 please help me.

A:lenovo g570 not booting after installing windows 8.1

Hello sagarap and welcome to the forum! How did you create the pendrive, from an ISO and where from? Any errors during installation? What OS was on it before? After install did you make sure the BIOS was set to boot from the hard drive?

Some more info would help.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/50807-lenovo-g570-not-booting-after-installing-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My operating system is giving out i am locking up regularly now i feel i have too many things installed on a vary small drive to pinpoint the problem i have been neeeding a second hard drive for a while now i think its time The question is how can i boot off of one hard drive but install all my applications on the other as if i where booting my OS booting installing one drive, another windows things on on but off of a gb ssd just big enough for booting windows on one drive, but installing things on another the operating system but actually installing things on my second hard drive i am NOT getting an ssd unfortunately booting windows on one drive, but installing things on another i am not rady that was just an analogy hopfuly it got the point accross though i donot believe this is a form of dual booting which is what comes up when i search the issue your help is appreciated i already know an ssd will benifit me more than another hdd but i do not have enough room to support all my things and am closing in on gb left on booting windows on one drive, but installing things on another my hard drive that being said im looking at a terabit hdd at rpm i wont be changing up to a new one for a LONG time

A:booting windows on one drive, but installing things on another

Just install the operating system as usual, and when installing programs go into the advanced install options and change the location to where you install your program.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230300-booting-windows-one-drive-but-installing-things-another.html
Relevancy 53.32%

i installed windows 8.1 using pendrive after shuting down that laptop is not starting. During boot it is not showing anything.Nothing is happening even after i press f2 or f10 or f12.my laptop is lenovo g570 please help me.

A:lenovo g570 not booting after installing windows 8.1

There is a separate Windows 8 forum. Since this is a Windows 8 issue, best to post there.

Windows 8 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/339381-lenovo-g570-not-booting-after-installing-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok so the title explains it all. The booting time for any windows installation takes way too long. Does anyone know a fix for this. If there is none, its not that much of a big deal. But a fix would be nice. Also some windows programs take a while to also boot up their installation, like office 07.

A:Booting time for installing windows is very long?

Hi

Do a google on housekeeping for PC, its doing things like running msconfig, clearing the cache, IE file history, etc etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/booting-time-for-installing-windows-is-very-long.136835/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone, pls I need your help to resolve the issue I'm having with  my HP Pavilion DV6000 PC, the problem started wih my laptop speaker, and I tried to make a system recovery to get the issue fixed but after the recovery I was asked to install a window cos it was runing on window 10. and while installing the window I mistakenly took the power adapter out from the laptop and it went off cos my battery is bad, I powered it on  and I have been trying to reinstall the window back but its not installing. this is the message its bringing up:

THE COMPUTER RESTARTED UNEXPECTEDLY OR ENCOUNTERED AN UNEXPECTED ERROR. WINDOWS INSTALLATION CANNOT PROCEED. TO INSTALL WINDOWS,CLCK OK TO RESTART THE COMPUTER, AND THEN RESTART THE INSTALLATION.

I have done what it says but still having the same issue, pls I need your asistant.  Thanks

A:laptop not booting after recently installing windows 10

treasureplant41 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about your laptop no longer booting in Win10 and wanted to help.There's no telling how much damage you did by removing the power adapter, so let's hope the simple fix will work -- repairing the boot loader files. To do this, you will need access to a working PC for this step in order to create the media needed to repair your PC boot loader.Once you have that, please download and create Win10 install media from this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10Note that when you go do download and build install media, the tool defaults to matching what is already installed on your PC (as in, Home for Home, 64-bit for 64-bit).  While you CAN change these settings, do NOT. If you do, the resulting media will be different and will force you to enter a NEW product code!Boot from the media you created, and follow the directions in this link: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-advanced-startup-options-boot-windows-10-a.htmlYou will need to go to the Advanced Options screen and click on Startup Repair.  You will probably have to run Startup Repair three times for it to fix all the boot loader problems.If your PC then boots OK, you're good to go.  IF it does NOT boot, then more damage was done than the boot loader files. And, in that case, you would have to completely reinstall Win10 to get the PC working again, and while you CAN do that from the Win10 media you already made, since you can't boot into Windows, your only option is a clean-install, and THAT will erase everything on the PC and start clean.  So, the problem there is that you would have to copy off the files and data you want to save to an external drive or USB stick before you did the reinstall.Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/laptop-not-booting-after-recently-installing-windows-10/td-p/5606313
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all I'm new to this forum and got the one due to need of formating the hard drive for following reason booting Installing at errors in 7 due Stucked windows to I was going to going to reinstall windows professional x version of windows in my laptop but during installation I got structed at the point where the earlier partitions are to be deleted and new ones are to be made I got the option from custom install to give the path for new C drive and others Here is the basic of problem the installation was taking very long time to delete my earlier partitions nearly mins So I derectly pressed the power button and shut down while the deletion of earlier C drive was going on my laptop eject the DVD on next boot but now nothing Stucked at booting windows 7 due to errors in Installing was appearing after booting So I again tried to do the same installation but this time the installation was stucked at the windows icon 'Starting Windows' Icon Please help with this issue

A:Stucked at booting windows 7 due to errors in Installing

You can boot to a command prompt using you W7 install disc. Command Prompt at Startup

After getting to the command prompt, you need to run Diskpart with the Clean option. Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command

Next boot with the W7 disc and start the install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/253227-stucked-booting-windows-7-due-errors-installing.html
Relevancy 53.32%

HI,
Yesterday i installed the windows update from Windows and slept. On the next day morinig i was not able to boot the system. Please help.

A:Windows7 not booting after installing Windows update

Did this machine go into hibernation during the update?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows7-not-booting-after-installing-windows-update.1074817/
Relevancy 52.89%

Recently I purchased a laptop with windows 8 64 bit pre-installed in it. For my job purpose, I needed windows 7 32 bit. After searching the web and also using the information I got from this site, I disabled secure boot, deleted the recovery partition and converted GPT partitions to MBR. Then I shrink the Big partition in which windows 8 was installed to make room for the windows 7 partition. Then I created a new partition and installed windows 7 on it. After this whenever I switch on the computer, a message come up, saying that a required device cannot be found and windows is to be repaired. The only way in which I can start windows is to go to bios, select the boot options and then select boot from notebook hard drive.

Can anybody please tell me how this problem can be solved

A:Booting problem with dual booting with windows 8 and 7

when you created the new partition did you make itin front or behind the existing partition?

If your boot manager is looking to boot Win 8 on Disk 0 Part 1, and you created the new partition in front of Win 8, your Win 7 will now be located on Disk 0 Part 1 which is where the boot manager is expecting Win 8

can you send us a screen cap of your disk management?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/25997-booting-problem-dual-booting-windows-8-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I was trying to install a ubuntu distribution to my primary hard drive (along side Windows 7) and at 99% of copying files the setup reported there was not sufficient memory to install backtrack. I cannot boot back into windows 7 as the computer resets before getting past the boot screen (shows 'starting windows' as normal then the screen blacks and takes me back to BIOS).
this process loops unless I select windows repair option, which does not fix the problem.
The Backtrack live CD won't let me delete the new, half-installed partition, so therefore I cannot change the windows partition back to it's usual (small) size of 55GB.

All help would be appreciated as I need windows on my PC for work

Thank you to all in advance.

A:Installing linux distribution has stopped windows 7 booting

To Remove Linux take look at this post:
Error 0xc0000225 on boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/203321-installing-linux-distribution-has-stopped-windows-7-booting.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have been having major issues lately with my HP Pavilion DV t laptop running Windows Professional The computer is about years old and has had no issues up until about two weeks ago At the time I started to have trouble loading windows The OS would often Even OS Computer stops the booting 7 Reformatting/Re-installing Windows After fail to load and generate a blue screen error Computer stops booting Windows 7 Even After Reformatting/Re-installing the OS and reboot itself before the windows loading screens had completed cycling through Afterwards the PC would typically fail to start if I rebooted it again and instead prompt me to run windows repair and or system restore At first running those utilities would fix the issue and the computer would work again for a Computer stops booting Windows 7 Even After Reformatting/Re-installing the OS day or two However I found that these problems would just start up again soon afterwards and that I was eventually unable to start up windows at all At this point I was even unable to even boot up safe mode The drivers for safe mode would start to load but then the loading sequence would eventually freeze up and nothing would happen often the computer would just crash after a few minutes After the PC tried to prompt me to do system repair a few times after crashing or producing a BSOD error it eventually would not work anymore and I would have no way to access windows It would also not let me conduct system restore after going through the routine of not loading windows a few times After I got to this point I decided to just go ahead and reformat the whole computer and reinstall windows from scratch Every other option I had such as repairing the current windows installation was not working at that point After I did this and re-installed the OS it appeared to fix the problem at first However the computer ended up having the same issues I had in the first place where windows would not load the not long after I had done a complete reformat reinstall It would then again prompt me to do a system repair system restore like I did before I reformatted the PC only to end up almost completely inoperable soon afterwards Since I first reformatted the PC I have done a reformat reinstall about times only to end up with the same result I should note that it appears that everything runs fine until I go to install the drivers for my ethernet wireless card which is the first driver I need after doing a full re-install Once I get connected to the internet the computer will crash following a BSOD error but then restart and act normal for a while It is not until the next day or about - hours after having the computer shutdown that it will not boot up into windows It doesn't seem to matter if I reboot or shutdown the computer multiple times soon after reformatting it I should also note that I have tried a number of anti-virus anti-spyware programs after re-installing windows to see if that may be causing the issue I ran superantispyware Malwarebytes anti-spyware anti-rootkit Kaspersky anti-rootkit CCleaner and Avast anti-virus but came up with no issues Does anyone think this is a software related issue or that this may be due to a hardware issue I feel that the computer wouldn't turn on at all or wouldn't let me re-install windows in the first place if it was a major hardware issue causing these problems Let me know what you think I could do to help get my PC to work again Thanks

A:Computer stops booting Windows 7 Even After Reformatting/Re-installing the OS

Are you getting any error codes when the computer blue screens? Those would be helpful in narrowing down the cause of the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503134/computer-stops-booting-windows-7-even-after-reformattingre-installing-the-os/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi OK here s my problem I went to install Windows XP SP upgrade and everything looked great until sp1 problem booting Windows xp I restarted my computer Then I got some crazy Stop error and it would Windows xp sp1 booting problem not let me go into XP unless I went to safe mode So I worked and worked on ways for me to get into XP and even checked out Knowledge support on Microsoft for a solution Nothing helped So I put in the XP CD and tried repair still nothing worked somehow I got some volume list and saw that I had two volumes One with my XP on it and some other volume volume with something like K on it I had the option of clearing a volume so I thought what the heck I ll try anything now and cleared volume Now after rebooting I got a screen that said that no OS could be found SO after changing the CD drive to the first boot I put in the CD and re-installed Windows XP with the Windows xp sp1 booting problem option to install it to a different folder which I named C win I did this because I did not want to lose all of my programs and data having no backups OK now XP works I am being booted up on the new installation which is fine and I have to install all my programs again to the new XP installation no hugh deal but how do I clear off the old XP the one with all of the problems Whenever I turn on the Computer I must choose which XP to choose from before it lets me continue The first XP is the new one If I choose the second XP then it just gives me the screen that says I cant boot up to XP because of some problem I want to get rid of the second XP which is on C windows with the problem and the choice option I just want XP to boot up without questions and work and look fine In the meantime I can backup my important data with the new XP because all my data is intact and my CD writer now works again so that s what I plan on doing After backing up should I try the SP install on the new XP Should I reformat the hard drive and start over If suggested the reformat how do I set up my computer to read off the CD Rom drive so I can re-install Windows XP Sorry this was so long Thanks for taking the time to read it and thank you in advance for the help Craig nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all A common problem and there are lots of threads with similar problems - but none that Problem XP Windows booting are the same When I boot Problem booting Windows XP up normally I can t get past the loaded desktop picture without taskbar startbar icons So windows just stops loading at this point When I press ctrl-alt-del taskmanager appears normally I can log off the user and return to the select user screen But that s all I can do and have to just shut down When I try and load in safe mode by pressing F I am given a blue screen Boot Menu with command quot Select a Boot First device quot and options - Hard Disk or CDROM but the keyboard has no effect and cannot choose either of the options or escape I have to just turn off my computer by pressing the off button I have tried booting from a windows XP CD not mine but I hope I m right in thinking that doesn t matter and have to quot press any key to boot from CD quot however the same thing happens as above with the loaded desktop picture I have also tried holding shift whilst windows is loading to see if I can not open certain programs on startup but this is not working Can anyone help a greengiant in distress Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi dolls, I would just like to get my computer to begin working again since its my friend Leona's on and she is very particular about her stuff. It all began when I was using a social network [Tumblr] when this problem occurred. It began to freeze so I opened the tab again to find a The Blue Screen of DEATH on her computer. IT STATED AS FOLLOWED
Unmountable Boot Volume.
xxx stop 0x000000ED COXFFFFFA8000684BCDB, OX FFFFFFFFC00000B5, 0X0000000000000000,0 X0000000000000000.
Can someone please help me
PS
I have no CD of windows on the said computer and every time I try to restart it it gives this problem. and restarts again when I click on fix this problem it has a black screen with a mouse nothing more nothing less. I spent all day yesterday trying to fix the problem and the computer remained black with the cursor.
Who ever helps me I will always be indebted  

A:Windows 7 Booting problem

Hi,
Let's try the easy stuff first. (1) Turn off the computer, disconnect the power supply and remove the battery for about 30 seconds ( turn the computer over and you will see two catches. Operate these and the battery will slide out ). Put the battery back in, re-connect the power supply and re-start. This cures a lot of problems !  If this doesn't work, then,

(2)  Turn the computer on again, and, while the BIOS screen is showing - that's the screen before it says 'Windows Starting' -press the F8 key a couple of times. This will either bring up a list of drives on the computer - in which case use the up and down arrow keys to select the hard drive, then press enter - or it will bring up a black screen with white text with, near the top, reference to various forms of 'Safe Mode'.

Use the Up/Down arrow keys to select 'Safe Mode with Networking' and press 'Enter'. this should start the computer running. It will look odd, a black screen with large icons in an array, but this is normal. Let it finish starting in safe mode then click on the 'Start' button and shut it down. Then re-start it, and with a bit of luck it will work normally again.

If none of the above works, come back here but with details of the make and model of the computer.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492618/windows-7-booting-problem/
Relevancy 46.01%

my windows XP has refused to boot up. while booting up it brings me to the standard "windows shut down incorrectly" and you have to choose which way you want to boot windows, "safe mode - networking" "safe mode - no networking" "run windows regularly" etc. I have choosen each one and all the times it has tried to boot windows, but it brings me to a message that says "please insert boot disc to A:". looking for help!

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,

Windows started to boot quite slowly, so I entered the repair DVD, and clicked on Repair your computer, and I got a message that said something like "Windows found problems with your computer's startup options. Do you want to apply repairs and restart your computer?". also got something like identifier:9dea862c-5cdd-4e70-acc1-f32b344d4795 and Partition : D: , but I only have C: partition, I don't get it, is this problem related to the slow booting I encounter or something else? or should I click on repair?

Thanks!

A:Problem with booting Windows 7

I'd suggest going through the tutorial one of the Forum experts made.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/271283-problem-booting-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

So, I have had a problem for a long time booting windows. I get so far and then i have to choose between "Windows XP Home" or "Windows XP professional". If i dont choose windows XP home, and choose Proffesional then I have to manually shut down and restart, which means i have to stay with my computer whilst it boots. I have never had a problem like this before. Anyone got any ideas. Also i think this might have something to do with my audio problems.

Thanks in Advance.

A:A problem booting Windows!

Eh?

Eh? Whats that all about?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-problem-booting-windows.64895/
Relevancy 46.01%

I recently upgraded to windows 8 with no issue. The problem now is every time i boot up my dell laptop i have to wait until i hear the windows music then i need to hibernate my laptop then turn it on again before the log in screen appears...

If i do not hibernate i just stare at a blank black screen

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Rob

A:Windows 8 - booting problem

Did you upgrade to the latest BIOS (as recommended by Dell) before attempting the upgrade to Windows 8? Have you downloaded and installed all applicable Window 8 drivers from Dell?

Drivers & Downloads | Dell US

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32522-windows-8-booting-problem.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am receiving the following error when my computer tries to boot up:

Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 41
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 2
Problem Signature 07: NoRootCause
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

This comes about from the Startup Repair Tool that load and runs every time I try to boot. I copied the frst64.exe program to a USB flash drive and ran scan. Attached is the FRST.txt file that was generated. What can I do now?
Thank you in advance for your help
~zinnga

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-booting-problem.1089146/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi need some help please My son turned on the laptop this morning and cam up with the following message We apologize for the inconvenience but windwos did not start successfully A recent hardware or software change might have caused this If your computer stopped restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders chose last known Windows XP Problem Booting good confirguration to revert to Windows XP Booting Problem the most recent settings that worked If Windows XP Booting Problem a previous startup attepmt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the power or reset button was pressed or if you aren't sure what caused the problem choose start windows normally Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking Safe Mode with Command Prompt Last Known Good Configuration your most recent settings that worked Start Windows Normally I have tried all the options above but I keep going round in circles and keep coming back to the above message I also put a Windows disk in booted from the CD DVD drive and once loaded selected the R for repair option but came up with the following message NTFS SYS - ADDRESS F CF FC BASE AT C DATE STAMP C EEA Needless to say I would like to avoid having to re-install Windows losing all my personal files Appreciate your assistance in gettign Windows started to enable me to access my laptop Thanks amp Regards Mayur

A:Windows XP Booting Problem

Hello mpabari

A corrupted NTFS.sys is usually caused by a physical bad hard disk, corrupted filesystem or bad memory.

Quote:

I also put a Windows disk in, booted from the CD/DVD drive and once loaded selected the R for repair option but came up with the following message

Which "R" are you referring to?
There is an "R" for the Recovery Console and an "R" much further on in setup to do a "Repair" of XP

If you have not tried the "R" for the Recovery Console, try using it now to replace NTFS.sys
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;822800

If you cannot access the Recovery Console, it will be a case of testing some hardware.

Please test the hard drive first

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

If you don't know the make of hard drive Hitachi Drive Fitness Test will work with any make.

Download the CD image and burn it. Boot up with CD to test the drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-booting-problem-269673.html
Relevancy 46.01%

after fixing a problem with my motherboard (i bought a new Asus P4P800 Deluxe), and buying a new S-ATA harddrive i am now faced with the task of reinstalling windows on my system....however....

my computer just won't boot from the windows xp cd i have....
the blue screen with "Windows XP Setup" loads and then freezes (normally there is text at the bottom of the screen saying "loading files...etc" but this does not appear at all

I thought at first it might be a cd-rom problem, but i bought a new LG 52x52x24x16 combo drive :D, and still the same problem

Now...i used this cd to install XP many times, and i've never had a problem before...

also, the system will boot off my old windows 98 cd and my windows 2000 cd...but NOT the XP.....any ideas?

A:Problem Booting from Windows XP CD

I am not sure ...

look ... do format to your hard disc ...

then try to install XP ....

maybe work ...

neooo

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-booting-from-windows-xp-cd-8446.html
Relevancy 46.01%

We have had problems with the about:blank virus so was trying to correct this and downloaded a free trial of Panda anti-virus. When I tried to reboot, now Windows will come up but it just sits there. I am pretty sure that I just have to many programs downloaded (should have deleted Norton first) so it is probably a memory overload. But no matter how long I wait (even let the computer sit overnight) Windows will not boot up completely so I can't delete Panda or Norton. Can't do anything... Is there a way that I can delete one of these programs using recovery console? I tried booting in Safe Mode but it still does the same thing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-booting-problem.270863/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am inquiring about another computer that is a desktop with windows xp home edition. It is a amd athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 4400+. It has 1gb ram and 120 gb hardrive by wdc. 2.3 ghertz.
My problem is that will boot up after 20 or more times of hard booting and then it will only boot to the flashing cursor screen. Then after booting that several times it will boot to the bios and then rebooting a few more times after then it will boot all the way up and runs fine for a few hours. then it will crash and then I have to do the same thing all over again. Could my hard drive be going out?

A:problem booting to windows xp

what are you running
video card brand and model
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and temperatures and post them
sounds like a failing power supply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-booting-to-windows-xp.1093864/
Relevancy 46.01%

My grandpa called and says he was playing a game on his Booting windows up problem computer online or on his computer No off a disc and he got to a certain level and his computer shutdown or went black and when he started to boot it back up he gets Booting up windows problem an option saying To boot into windows normally or you can click downward Booting up windows problem and boot into safe mode He has tried both options numerous times and nothing happens so he sat and waited awhile to see if anything would happen and nothing Also I asked him if he has a disc or floppy in the computer he said no I don t know if that matters What could be the problem I don t have access to the computer atm But he is computer literate enough to follow directions I give him over the phone Otherwise he is bringing it in to get fixed tomorrow but of course that can be expensive Any help Thanks nbsp

A:Booting up windows problem

If he's got an xp cd he can try and do a repair install: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/booting-up-windows-problem.954049/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all,

My computer frozed up and when I restarted it, the system just halted at the booting stage. I have the WindowsXP disc but don't know how to get it to boot. In BIOS, I tried the CDROM, Removeable device, and IBA.. in the BOOT PRIORITY tab but the system halted. When I inserted the WinXP disc, it just wanted to setup Windows XP, which was already installed in the computer when I first bought it. My question is: is there something I can do to sucessfully boot the computer without having to resintall Windows XP, or to reformat my harddrive?

Here is the message I got:

""Intel Boot Agent Version 4.0.19
Intel Base-Code, PXE-2.1 (Build 083)

PXE-E53: No Boot filename received

PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

Boot Failure: System Halted"
Thank you very much for any help.

Mazz

Relevancy 46.01%

Acer desktop PC will not boot running on windows 7. This happenned about 2 days after I installed an antivirus program called Avast. However the computer already had installed the microsoft security essentials, the same problem happenned with my computer so I logged in safe mode and uninstalled the antivirus Avast. However when I try to get into safe mode in this desktop computer, the system gets frozen and the last line it shows its the disk.sys driver being loaded. Anything I can do?

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I've got a problem with Windows Few weeks ago my laptop Dell Inspiron r started having problems with booting after the windows loading screen it took up to minutes to show me the password screen does anyone know how to fix it and even though it Windows Problem with booting 8.1 took time I didn't mind that When I disabled the password it boots up quicly but part of the screen on the right where it'd open the sidebar thing is not usable the taskbar there isn't showing and I can't even Problem with booting Windows 8.1 create the password because all the things that are the Windows 'apps' PC settings screen where I'd be able to create a Problem with booting Windows 8.1 password even start are just a black screen I Problem with booting Windows 8.1 tried to create the password in the safe mode but all it's showing is a black screen with coursor that blinks every time I move it HELP Can I even fix it without formatting my laptop I'm attaching a picture of my desktop with the right side not usable

A:Problem with booting Windows 8.1

I don't have a Windows 8.1 OS but here are some links may help:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/desktop-tutorial
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/use-the-taskbar

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571964/problem-with-booting-windows-81/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all I have a problem booting into windows Let me describe the problem further I built my computer about a year ago and changed my old video card to a EVGA GTX a couple months ago The setup is running fine for a while However a few days ago my computer suddenly froze and I have been stuck at quot welcome quot screen ever since with normal login I could boot into safe mode and after some investigation I could boot into windows disabling quot Desktop windows into booting Problem Window Manager Session Manager quot however if I start playing games the computer Problem booting into windows starts crashing The event viewer shows a bunch of errors like - DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments quot quot in order to run the server D C F-AC - F F-BEB - C Problem booting into windows C CE - The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load discache spldr Wanarpv - Audit events have been dropped by the transport I also used WhoCrashed to look at the dump from BSOD Here's the output crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module dxgkrnl sys dxgkrnl x CEF Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA E xFFFFF C FBC xFFFFFFFFC A x Error VIDEO TDR ERROR file path C Windows system drivers dxgkrnl sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Problem booting into windows DirectX Graphics Kernel Bug check description This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time Google query dxgkrnl sys Microsoft Corporation VIDEO TDR ERROR It mentioned that my system configuration maybe incorrect and may caused by other drivers I tried a few things but I couldn't get passed quot welcome quot screen under normal login Here are a few things I have tried to tackle the issue - Took out all the unnecessary components - sfc scannow to try to fix any system files did chkdsk too - Reinstalled windows with different Nvidia drivers downloading from guru d com using the one from windows update also tried installing HD Audio and without it - Used driver sweeper ccleaner to remove driver if I am not doing a fresh install - Updated motherboard bios video card bios - Updated all the drivers sound card LAN etc I used PC Pitstop Driver Alert to make sure all the drivers are current - Did memtest overnight and the memory were fine - Used my old video card and everything seems to be fine so far - I couldn't do video card stress test FurMark since I can't boot into windows normally with any Nvidia drivers only standard windows VGA driver - I don't have any computer that can test the current video card And Here's my system spec Intel i Corsair TX W x GB OCZ DDR RAM EVGA Nivida GTX Windows Profesional Is there something else I should try Sorry for the long post and any input would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Problem booting into windows

Quote:
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA80072604E0, 0xFFFFF880105C1FBC, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009A, 0x4)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys

This stop 0x116 error is related to your GPU/graphic drivers
It is usually caused by a defective video card
STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Quote:
- Used my old video card and everything seems to be fine so far

This confirms that your new card is bad, RMA it if its still under warranty

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/131542-problem-booting-into-windows.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all
I'm having a problem about using DisplayPort cable.

My PC(Win7, GTX970) and Monitor(Philips 4065UC) are connected by a DP cable.

When i boot up my pc, Monitor says "no signal" between the windows logo screen and the login screen for a few seconds. (Everything is OK except for this issue!)

I have no clue what the problem is.
Can someone please tell me how to solve this problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/382584-booting-problem-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi my friends.

I have a problem. Yesterday i have installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my laptop. All went right and i used my laptop normal. But when i restarted my laptop, there was a problem with boot, i can't solve it and reinstalled windows again. After installation i used my laptop as previous time, all was ok. While transfering file via skype, my computer freezed and i restared it. After restaring , my computer freezes on boot screen and then restarting.

I dont understand what is the problem? Please, help me to solve it.

Thanks.

A:Problem while booting Windows 7

Where did you get your copy of Windows 7 Ultimate?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-while-booting-windows-7-a-696737.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate RC edition. My computer gets stuck on the Windows loading screen...then it reboots itself. I am wondering if there is a way to view the error which is causing this behavior, or maybe someone has a similar problem and can shed some light as to why this is happening.

Thanks!

A:Windows 7 Booting Problem

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-booting-problem.893125/
Relevancy 46.01%

Ok first and foremost the pc being worked on is an emachines pc. Now I had a problem with this computer once before where the computer shut down on its own and would not restart. I reformatted the hard-drive and re-installed windows XP with the emachines boot disc. The computer has worked fine for about 4 months since then and now it is doing the same thing again... it shut down on its own initially and when I restarted it, it never made it past the windows xp loading screen before shutting down. One time I got it to boot in safe mode and had it to the desktop and then it shut down, and now it won't even let me run the boot disc before it crashes. Any help will be much appreciated.

thanks

A:Windows XP problem booting up

Is everything clean from dust and all fans working? If you can get into BIOS there is usually a temp monitor (although I can't say for sure with emachines). Check to see if things are overheating.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-problem-booting-up.384063/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello, i'v tried to fix one problem with hal.dll , i found the way: Must reipair WIdnows with Windows Xp CD... But when i'm trying to boot CD it's just writes in black background "PRess any key to boot from CD..." WHen i'm pressing any key it's thinking about 5sec. Then Appears blinking "-" Ant nothing changes for an Hours.... Can sb help me? If i could fix that i possible could fix my hal.dll Error too...

P.S. On another PC this CD is working Fine.

A:Problem with WIndows xp Booting CD

and welcome to the Forum

Is this an orginal XP install cd?

Is the keyboard USB or PS/2?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-windows-xp-booting-cd-321501.html
Relevancy 46.01%

the machine loads bios, but fails to boot to windows for about 5 minutes, if i keep hitting contr-alt-del and trying again it will eventually tell me windows failed to load due to not finding USBd and that the keyboard, which is usb cant commo? any ideas how to fix? Seems to have come about since i loaded a new epson rx620 printer and drivers, i have updated the driver, help anyone?

A:Problem Booting Windows

go into your BIOS and find the option for boot order, if you are booting off your hard drive make sure it is first on the list and this may solve your problem. if something goes wrong and your computer doesn't boot after that make sure you remember the original order and change it back to what it was.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76354/problem-booting-windows/
Relevancy 46.01%

I ve been having a re-occurring PC problem that is driving me nuts I d appreciate it if someone could look over the following quot error messages quot that I get on my PC perhaps diagnose the problem and hopefully suggest solutions that I could try For Booting XP Problem Windows up - your reference I use Windows XP Home Version - Service Patch as my operating system The PC is a Gateway XL that I purchased in February Intel Pentium IIII GHz processor Intel chipset amp Mhz front side bus I keep my operating system updated as well as my Norton AntiVirus program I have quot intermediate quot PC skills Usually I help others but not this time This is a problem that I have with quot booting up quot my PC or quot waking quot my PC from quot stand-by quot mode It doesn t happen every time but almost every time See below Normally I would simply quot repair quot my Windows XP operating system software which must be corrupt but I can t When I put my original Gateway OEM Windows XP Setup disk in and hit r for repair it asks for my quot Administrator Password quot I swear that I never set up a password If so I have no idea what it is I tried such gems as quot Windows XP - Booting up Problem password quot leaving it blank amp quot gateway quot in case they set up some default but to no avail After three attempts the PC kicks me out Amazingly my PC sometimes quot boots up quot and other times Windows XP - Booting up Problem I have to just re-boot it until the PC finally comes up There appear to be two problems but quot they quot might actually be one in the same I have listed the second problem directly after the first one Thanks for your help Wes -------------------------------------------------------------------------- First Problem Error Message when trying to boot up or wake up the PC Intel Boot Agent Version Copyright c - Intel Corporation Intel Base-Code PXE- Build Copyright c - Intel Corporation Client MAC ADDR DD ED GUID D - E D - B - - ACC AC PXE-E No Boot filename received PXE-M F Exiting Intel PXE ROM Boot Failure System Halted Each time that I get this message I reboot the PC using Ctrl Alt Del I typically have to go through this process times before I get the following message A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart Each time that I get this message I reboot the PC using Ctrl Alt Del I usually get this message times before the PC finally realizes that it has every thing that it needs to boot up Then everything is fine until the next time that I either turn the PC on or quot wake quot it from quot stand-by quot mode As I said it doesn t occur every time but much too often ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Second Problem The following message sometimes comes up after numerous attempts of trying to boot up the PC Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt C WINNT SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM Select r at the first screen to start repair Two things to consider Using Windows Explorer I checked and saw that I have a SAM file SAM LOG file SYSTEM file a system sav file amp a system log file in the above quot CONFIG quot folder I wasn t able to open either the SAM LOG or the system log because quot The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process quot Is there any way to determine what the password is so that I could simply quot repair quot my Windows installation which must be corrupt somehow If not can I reset it if I don t know it How do I get around this hurdle nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi !
I have P3 PC. recently I installed the new HDD 40GB ID connector. I installed Win xp sp2 in my PC and it had been working fine for few days. But later when I Power On the PC it display a message as " Safe mode, Command mode, etc. When I selected Normal mode again it start boot and display the same message and same screen.

Thank you in advance for your kind co-operation and advise.

Regards
Silas Srinivas

A:WINDOWS XP SP2 BOOTING PROBLEM

Hi

When you get the startup menu with Safe Mode etc try
"Last known good configuration", and if that does not work try
"Disable restart on system failure".

Hopefully the first option will get you back into windows or the second option will give you a blue screen.
If you do get a blue screen let us know what it says. The blue screen should have some kind of bugcheck code (eg. 0x0000000f4) and might mention a file name.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-sp2-booting-problem-583759.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all, Currently I have a dell computer, running on windows 7 32bit. Upon starting the computer i am brought to a black screen with two options. number one, run repair, Number two, Continue with loading, upon clicking the first one a gray bar appears that says "Windows is loading files" and simply stays there indefinitely, upon clicking the second one the computer restarts and brings me back to the black screen with two options. I downloaded a windows 7 repair disk and placed it in my computer and booted it from there, and got past the previous problem, where this time I come upon the setup of windows, where i'm asked what language and keyboard format etc, then it asks for a "computer image" which I don't have, and have no way of getting, Please help, I'm sorry if anything seems unclear, currently I'm writing this on a family members laptop.

A:Problem booting windows 7

Any luck trying to get into Safe Mode by tapping F8? If you can, try a System Restore and or chkdsk/f. In the future, there are free programs that image your HD and it's worth having a backup as you see.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-booting-windows-7-a-648520.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,
I have installed Windows 7 32Bit in a USB but while i am trying to boot from the USB it returns to the Hard Drive.
Thanks

A:Problem while booting windows 7 on a usb

Is this the same PC that you installed the OS? It won't work otherwise.
Are you selecting the correct Boot device?

Try removing other HDDs and see if it will boot?
Try marking the partition as active with Partition Wizard free.

See if this will help you [project] PWBoot <Latest version: 3.0.2> - Project forge - reboot.pro

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/373511-problem-while-booting-windows-7-usb.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I just recently upgraded my video card to an ATI x and was having some issues screen was shaking Turns out it was problem windows booting bad old drivers I uninstalled the bad ones which solved the problem downloaded the newest ones installed and upon reboot I get a black screen I get the black screen at the point where it would normally load the desktop after the windows logo is displayed with the little progress bar Can anyone give me any advice on what to do I can access the bios and problem booting windows I can also access the boot menu but haven t had any luck with either If I could boot to a previous point where things were working better or even access safe mode and delete the new driver package that d be great Any suggestions I m sort of at my wits end as I ve had problem after another Thanks for any and all help I appreciate it Edit The motherboarde is a P NSLI Series if that helps Edit I managed to force it in to Safe Mode due to the fact that I couldn t find another way Powered on and then manually powered off before windows fully loaded Upon restart it allowed me to enter safe mode Restoring to a point where everything was working properly had no effect Don t know if all of this will help I ll keep posting with further problems as I m sure I ll have them Edit When I tried to uninstall the ATI visual drivers I get the error quot Unable to Initialize quot My first thought was that maybe on the prior install it didn t install properly I tried reinstalling for kicks just so I could uninstall again but when I tried to install this time I got an error stating that there was no compatible hardware for this driver and the program would now close Not sure if this is because I m in safe mode or what Anyone with any ideas nbsp

A:problem booting windows

sawtoothgrin said:

I just recently upgraded my video card to an ATI x800 and was having some issues (screen was shaking). Turns out it was bad/old drivers. I uninstalled the bad ones which solved the problem, downloaded the newest ones, installed, and upon reboot, I get a black screen. I get the black screen at the point where it would normally load the desktop (after the windows logo is displayed with the little progress bar). Can anyone give me any advice on what to do? I can access the bios and I can also access the boot menu (but haven't had any luck with either). If I could boot to a previous point where things were working better or even access safe mode and delete the new driver package, that'd be great. Any suggestions? I'm sort of at my wits end as I've had 1 problem after another. Thanks for any and all help. I appreciate it.

Edit: The motherboarde is a P5NSLI Series if that helps.[/QUOTE
Hi sawtoothgrin
You should be able to access safe mode with F8 or the key you use as soon as the bios screen as gone.
What you need to do is to clean your video drivers before you up date to the latest.Google driver cleaner pro it is free and safe.Read up on how to use it ,it is easy but always make sure you are in safemode when you clean.
Boot into safe mode and remove your video drivers then reboot and download driver cleaner
then reboot back into safe mode and clean you video drivers reboot and if you are sure your new drivers are not corrupt reinstall them.
Good luck
RexClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-booting-windows.537233/
Relevancy 46.01%

Alright when I start windows it asked me to select which way I would like to start it, Normally, Safe Mode Etc... If i pick the normal startup i get a blue screen and an error message, but if i choose to use safe mode it works good.. No problems at all with it works really good in safe mode, but wont start normally. Any Help Would Be Appreciated, Thanks.

A:Windows XP Booting Problem?

Sounds like a driver or other application component has failed.

You installed any new software/hardware recently???

Try using the "last known good" option.

If that fails try booting to safe mode the use system restore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-booting-problem-121791.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey, people! I have tried to downgrade my laptop back to Windows 7, but i think something went wrong. I failed the downgrading and now when i'm  turning on my computer, it gives me a black screen(I'll write the stuff it tell me in this post in a minute) .

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Problem-with-Windows-10-booting/td-p/5797811
Relevancy 46.01%

Ok. So ever since about 9:30 two days ago, my own computer has not been able to start up at all. I took the hard drive out of that computer, attached it to another laptop (via a device called 'BlacX'), and ran scans on it to find out that it was infected with a Boot.Tidserv.

Several scans later (norton, malwarebytes, and even GMER), no Boot.Tidserv was found. However, returning my hard drive to my laptop still does not let me start windows.

Any solutions I have tried finding all lead to having the Windows 7 startup disk, which I don't have.

Is it still possible to fix my hard drive?

*edit* and No matter which Msinfo.exe I run, It gives the information on the current computer, not my hard drive

A:Having a problem booting Windows 7

Press the F8 key repeatedly at boot up or use the Startup disk.

Try this:
Startup Repair
Note: You may need to do startup repair 3 to 4 times.
Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery
System Repair Disc - Create

As you have had a nasty,it may be better to reinstall.
Can you post the make & model of the notebook.

If you have a External HD, you could copy & paste your data.
Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console
than copy & paste your data into new install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/170644-having-problem-booting-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Help!!! My computer will turn on and let me get to setup by pressing delete but will not boot up windows XP and im confused because it tells me the memory and so on but i just wont boot up the last thing it does after i turn it on is the floppy drive will be active and then goes off and it says on the screen didsk error please press ctrl+alt+del to restart, CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIX THIS PROBLEM???

A:Problem with Windows XP booting up

How old is the computer? What is the brand and model of computer or motherboard? How old is the hard drive.
This error can be caused by a lot of problems including driver failure of any of a number of components, memory module failure, power supply failure on one rail, CPU fan failure, or corrupt Windows install.
But the likely cause is a failed hard drive.
First test is to see if it will boot in SAFE MODE. Cold boot your computer by pressing the on button, then immediately tap the <F8> key once per second until you get the notice that it is booting in Safe Mode.
If it will fully boot in Safe Mode, then perhaps it is not the hard drive, and you can look for a video graphics port error which could be a hardware or driver failure.

Then to get out of Safe Mode, try

Start->Run-> sfc /scannow

My guess is that the hard drive is failing. The floppy drive is churning, and probably the optical drive as well, because Windows is seeking a boot device. This can mean that part of the hard drive boot sectors (First 8 sectors) are bad and cannot be repaired. Time to get a new hard drive.
The fact that you see the beginnings of a Windows boot means you have a 67% chance of rescuing your data using this old hard drive in a USB enclosure after you load windows onto the new drive... then dragging an dropping the old data, or using a recovery program.

Get back to us with brand and model and we will attempt to be more helpful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-windows-xp-booting-up.105790/
Relevancy 46.01%

So lets see I got a PC based on ASUS P S - MX SE MBO it has an integrated VGA card Worked fine for some time then the users reported that winXp won't boot it gave them with windows booting Problem a black screen after the load screen which in my opinion went to fast for such a machine nevertheless i tried safe mode loading stops after it loads Mup sys i researched a bit and found that the next Problem with windows booting file to load is the video driver or sys file So i tried with a standalone AGP VGA card again both normal booting and safe mode cases repeat Tried recovery console chkdsk scandisk memtests and fixmbr all ok But the problem remains I even tried to put the BIOS battery out and a factory reset still the same Got stuck right so i have no further ideas but i would like to try and solve the problem or at least get to the source Problem with windows booting of the malfunction because i need to archive the problem for future reference Any constructive help would be appreciated Thnx

A:Problem with windows booting

I have a comp with an Asus AMD cpu with onboard video, I know its not quite the same but I've just had a similiar prob. Turned the comp on yesterday a.m. and couldn't get the screen. I pulled the M/B out and reseated everything,cleared the Bios etc, no go. I then went and ordered another M/B and left the box alone. Got up this a.m. and pulled the battery out and exchanged it for another. Comp booted up perfectly.( the other battery was put in another box and worked great). I am flummoxed as to what caused it but hey its working. Now does anyone want to buy a new AM2 M/B?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-windows-booting-360138.html
Relevancy 46.01%

K well thanks for reading this and hello. I have expirienced this issue with my computer sometimes when i start up my computer it freezes with the blue bar and if i restart couple of times sometimes it will go in. So far i tried system restore and it did not fix it. I looked up the boot log file and here what i got(below). It seems like it goes ina loop to load the drivers and it cannot load them so plz help me find hte solution to fixing this. Thanks

file is C://Windows/ntblog.txt

I uploaded it it was to big to fit in here
So u can see how it goes over and over i think thats the reason it freezes thanks again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/booting-into-windows-problem.467578/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello everyone I am in a bad trouble problem Windows 7 booting with two operating systems-xp and windows I had windows xp Some days ago I installed windows evaluation copy and i loved it Xp was in C drive I got windows from one of my friends and installed it in D drive from a pen drive it was non-bootable After using both operating systems for about a month today I reinstalled windows xp and as you can guess windows disappeared form the boot menu I totally forgot about the boot ini file in C drive and did not backup it I don't know much about this but I think Windows added an extra line with specific commands in that boot ini Windows 7 booting problem file or something like that If you know what that command would be please let me know Repairing windows is not an option Here is the boot ini Code boot loader timeout default multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS operating systems multi Windows 7 booting problem disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Microsoft Windows XP Professional quot noexecute optin fastdetect I added this line to try but didn't work Code multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Windows quot

A:Windows 7 booting problem

Please those who are using dual Operating system Xp and windows 7, kindly paste your boot.ini file contents.
Please.............

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/16196-windows-7-booting-problem.html
Relevancy 46.01%

After I updated to windows 8.1 when I boot up my computer it won't turn on. It displays the dell boot up screen and the windows boot up screen then it goes black. When it's black I have to hit the power button then wait for it to sleep then hit the power button again then it turns back on and let's me in my screen. I just wanted to know if anyone knew how to fix this because it is agitating and I want to sell my computer and get a new one. So if anyone knows how to fix this i'm open for ideas.

A:Windows 8.1 booting problem

Have you tried using the installation CD to do a startup repair?
Keep us posted
Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550487/windows-81-booting-problem/
Relevancy 46.01%

This booting xp into problem windows is my first post here My stepdaughter has been given a HP Pavilion -uk Windows XP Home It has had extra ram memory added but she does not now how much Original harddrive gb and problem booting into windows xp ram That is about all I can tell you except she has no discs at all problem booting into windows xp no recovery etc Everything has been running fine until Her young son was playing on internet games he has used them before She left the computer on after he had finished and later in the evening after she had been on the internet to collect her web emails she closed down and then shutdown in the usual way However at this point the computer froze But instead of switching off at the power button she shut of the power from the wall I know shouldn t be done When she switched on the next day it went through the post process but up came the message roughly apologise for inconvenience but windows not successfully shutdown a recent xxxx quot She now gets the usual list of safe mode safe mode command prompt last known good configuration safe mode network She has tried to click on all but it just goes into a loop and starts all over again We have tried the F approach - no good Tried the F root which gives options regret didn t take note she click on the one she thought was correct do you want to restore your computer something like that so she did but it then it came up that it would return it to factory state but it would remove all her files Obviously she doesn t want that to happen I know there should be a repair options somewhere but cannot find anything to guide me I have read and read Sorry this is so long but would be grateful for any help as she needs her computer for work at home Regards mazm

A:problem booting into windows xp

You could try here to access Recovery Console? It is a Good Tutorial from M$.http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_...s/wxprcons.htmlPost back later?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/221150/problem-booting-into-windows-xp/
Relevancy 46.01%

So every time i want to start the laptop (asus x550ln) i get this "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert Boot media in selected Boot device and press any key", so i inserted the disk with windows 8.1 and it every time just stops at Setup is Starting if i chose to install and if i chose to repair it gets stuck on a blue screen, all i can do is press enter and it gets me back to the window from where to chose these options.

I searched for a few hours the internet but couldn't find a solution, i hope that my hard drive isn't gone...

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/68924-problem-booting-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am using windows 7 32 bit version and have recently upgraded to NVIDIA Geforce 8400 GS. Since then my booting process takes a very long time. It almost takes 15min to boot. It dispalys each and every letter(in black screen and white fonts) while booting.
Please help me with this issue.
Thank you.

A:Windows 7 32 bit booting problem

My System---
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-EP45-UD3P
Intel Dual Core processor
2GB Kingston DDR2
Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS PCI Express
Corsair PS 600W
Seagate Barracuda HD 80GB
Windows 7 32Bit

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-32-bit-booting-problem-529089.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My mother's computer has been having problems booting Windows XP and I'm running out of ideas of what to do This are the symptoms so far Trying to boot Windows normally -Turns on the hard drive only or it powers on but leaves the hard drive off -Powers on and turns on the hard drive but doesn't run BIOS Whenever boots Windows -Shuts down XP Problem Booting [SOLVED] Windows hard drive randomly and freezes the computer Sometimes -Doesn't boot on Safe Mode -Randomly restarts before entering an account on Safe Mode As far as I know my mother doesn't use this computer often at all on weekends or once a week just to check e-mails It used to have MB of RAM and MB card was added a friend had it somewhere and he just installed it on the computer It has a GB hard drive which I already defragmented with troubles as at a certain percentage or when it finishes it freezes I already tried System Restore and nothing I'm writing this thread on Safe Mode with [SOLVED] Windows XP Booting Problem network as I'm still having that problem and is [SOLVED] Windows XP Booting Problem the only computer in the house Please need advice Thank you

A:[SOLVED] Windows XP Booting Problem

Hi there,

With this issue there could be hardware problems for sure. First may I ask do you have spare parts to try on your mom's computer? One thing I recommend going to the manufacturer's website of the computer's hard-drive, download the diagnostics utility, put the program onto a CD, and boot the computer to it. There test the HDD for any errors. If there are errors detected then the hard-drive is bad and you will need to backup the data ASAP.

Another thing you can is to use another power supply. Bad power supplies can show symptoms just like the stuff happening to your mom's computer. Test a spare power supply and see if the problem goes away.

Test a spare videocard on the computer and see if the problem lies with the videocard. Hope this will help you out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-xp-booting-problem-332075.html
Relevancy 45.58%

This relates to a Patriot Pentium ghz mb ram onboard graphics and audio I purchased this PC as a factory refurb a few weeks ago and all appears as new The unit came with a DVD RW and FDD Soon after purchase I added a DVD ROM drive and an additional mb of ram All Booting XP Windows Home Problem appeared to work fine Since then I have installed all my most frequently used software direct from their original install Windows XP Home Booting Problem discs as well as a lot Windows XP Home Booting Problem of work which had previously been stored on another hard drive I transferred the work via CDR Discs and not using a software program Over the Windows XP Home Booting Problem past day or two I have had a problem in getting the PC to boot when I go to start it up in the morning When I switch on the initial screen appears with the message at the bottom which says press delete for setup and that s as far as it gets If I press delete in an attempt to enter setup nothing happens The only way I have managed to get the thing operating so far is by powering it off numerous times directly at the power socket waiting thirty seconds or so and eventually after many attempts it reaches the initial screen and continues to boot correctly I ran disk clean-up amp defrag I also ran another installed program called Fix It Utilities which says that it has repaired any damaged registry and that everything is working fine At boot-up and when the problem occurs I tried entering safe mode but this doesn t seem to work neither does a start-up floppy Does anyone have any suggestions Incidentally once the PC is up and running all works OK and if I install any software and the PC has to re start it seems to achieve this OK too The problem seems to be when the unit has been idle for a while nbsp

A:Windows XP Home Booting Problem

A common problem is faulty ram, not saying it is that though, just a shot in the dark.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-booting-problem.440642/
Relevancy 45.58%

days ago I installed windows on my laptop formatting my old windows vista with a clear install and I installed the display drivers for windows from toshiba's official site It worked fine for a day and then suddenly I got a quick message saying that the graphic card driver stopped working and the computer crashed After rebooting while loading windows the screen only shows blue lines and nothing more happens it doesn't boot or anything I tried re-installing windows and installing the vista drivers this time hoping there was a problem with the booting with problem windows - Tecra S5 drivers but no luck there it crashed again as soon as i rebooted when required after the installation of the drivers Then Tecra S5 - problem with booting windows since nothing worked I used the product recovery disc for windows XP that came with the laptop but again after the first reboot windows wont load but this time it reboots itself automatically after a while Anyone got any ideas what's going on P S sorry about the big post but i'm desperate as I need my computer for work on monday

A:Tecra S5 - problem with booting windows

Hi

I?m afraid this could be an serious hardware issue.
For me it sounds like an GPU (graphic chip) problem.
This would explain the lines on the screen and the problems with system installation.

This would be the worst case. Faulty graphic chip cannot be replaced because it?s soldered mostly on the motherboard.

Well, what to say? you could get in contact with an local technician in order to check the parts but I think it?s GPU issue?

Greets

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?52009-Tecra-S5-problem-with-booting-windows
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all I have installed Windows Vista on my iMac via Boot Camp and am having a few problems The install goes swimmingly and then I put in my OS X install disk to load the drivers That goes fine as well at which point with Problem booting Windows Vista Vista tells me to restart the computer for the driver changes to take effect I do this and when Vista reboots I get Problem with Windows Vista booting a Problem with Windows Vista booting normal looking black screen with a scrolling green loading bar This is where it gets hairy At this point the loading bar goes away and the screen is black but still backlit Then the backlighting goes away and it just sits as if it were asleep I can hear things that sound like normal Problem with Windows Vista booting loadings and processes going on but nothing will come up on the screen I was thinking maybe it had something to do with video drivers or the fact that I am using a Dell install disk Was going to try and save by installing this old Vista disk and then getting up to Windows via upgrade Any help would be much appreciated Thanks -cameron

A:Problem with Windows Vista booting

I hate to just send you a link, but maybe try this.. sounds like your problem. Although I do have a macbook, I'm not so smart about mac's quite yet..

Try this: http://klauskjeldsen.dk/boot-camp-im...-black-screen/

I might be able to help you further if you need, feel free to ask questions.

Happy new year!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-with-windows-vista-booting-540544.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I was redirected here from http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html Under Control Panel All Control Panel Items Performance Information and Tools Advanced Tools it says there is a driver causing Windows slow problem, afd.sys up 7 Windows booting to load slowly I have afd.sys problem, Windows 7 booting up slow attached a screenshot I have also attached the log files requested and below is the paste of DDS txt Thank you for the help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by User at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Launch Manager dsiwmis exe C Program Files VMLite VMLite Workstation VMLiteService exe C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Launch Manager LaunchAp exe C Program Files Launch Manager OSDCtrl exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files Launch Manager WButton exe C Program Files Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files AVG Secure Search vprot exe C Users User AppData Roaming Taskbar Tweaker Taskbar Tweaker exe C Program Files Rainmeter Rainmeter exe C Windows system igfxext exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Launch Manager WisLMSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files Opera opera exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows explorer exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AVG Do Not Track eef-cb f- f-afeb-d e a b ba - c program files avg avg avgdtiex dll BHO DivX Plus Web Player HTML lt video gt e d- - fd- c - a f - c program files divx divx plus web player ie divxhtml DivXHTML dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GROOVEEX DLL BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO AVG Security Toolbar b c- c f- bf -b - a - c program files avg secure search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler b f a - e - -ba - b e ff - c progra micros office URLREDIR DLL BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv ... Read more

A:afd.sys problem, Windows 7 booting up slow

Hi again emak222 Some things to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please do not attach logs or put logs in code boxes (unless explicitly asked to)Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can also help.Do not run anything while running a fix.If you don't understand a step, please ask for clarification before continuing with any future steps.Click on the Watch Topic button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster. Please download Combofix from one of the following links:Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open. 2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<3. Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. Important:Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computerIn your next reply, please include:Combofix logHow is your computer running now? Please be as descriptive as possible. Include any word-for-word error messages that you may have, and/or screenshots of strange behavior.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456359/afdsys-problem-windows-7-booting-up-slow/
Relevancy 45.58%

I installed ZoneAlarm Free Firewall on my computer TightVNC and some windows updates Then I restarted the computer and got a Blue Screen Quickly Need - Windows Help Booting Problem error after the desktop appeared It disappeared instantly and the computer restarted This happened several times I went into safe mode and uninstalled zonealarm and tightvnc thinking that they might be the problem I Windows Booting Problem - Need Help Quickly also ran an adaware and virus scan and removed a few low risk files with adaware The same thing happened when I restarted I went to safe mode and then did a system restore to the day before the problem It still didn t work I tried a repair install from my windows CD During the install there were a few errors It was trying to find some files but couldn t When it finished the install it took forever for windows to load and when it finally did I got a different Blue Screen error which said that athe file ialmrnt was caught in an infinite loop this error stayed up unlike the first one What can I do to fix this I don t want to reinstall because I need the emails and stuff in OutLook The things I need are for a business so it won t be easy to replace everything The other stuff on my computer was backed up by DataDeposit By the way this happened on a Dell Inspiron laptop nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi at all First apologize for my bad english I have a problem with my notebook Acer yesterday I try to boot it after one year that I don't use it The screen goes immediately white and press all of the key booting Seven - Windows Problem Notebook seems to be useless If I connect it to an external monitor I can see that Windows goes to a crash black error Windows failed to start A recent hardware of software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your windows installation disc and restart computer Choose your language settings and then click Next Click Repair your computer If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance File Windows system config system Status xc f Info Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt I try to reboot the notebook starting from cd Windows Seven pro but if I try to format the HD or to repair Problem booting Notebook - Windows Seven the installation after two minutes of work the monitor's screen from white comes black and the external monitor going to sleep Pressing all of the key is useless and is also useless try to turn of the pc with the ac botton I try yo change HD but the result is the same Somebody can help me please Thank you very much

A:Problem booting Notebook - Windows Seven

Maybe it has something to do with the long time between using it.
Try to first fully charge the laptop and then retry
If charging won;t succeed, remove the battery pack and use mains power and retry. In that case your battery may be broken.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528205/problem-booting-notebook-windows-seven/
Relevancy 45.58%

Long story short i tried to install a boot screen on winxp and it was a non sp ntoskrnl exe and i have sp so it wont boot any more im trying to get back into windows to change it back to the normal winxp boot with Windows bootscreen booting+Problem not screen which i backed up ive tried booting from the windows disk using the recovery console and it says this word for word quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer and that any disk related hardware configuration is correct This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program Setup can not continue quot ive got SATA HD and i proceeded to install the controller drivers after that the same message still came up i cant boot in safe mode or normally because when it gets to the boot screen it locks up i was wondering if anyone knew another way to get Windows not booting+Problem with bootscreen back into windows to change the boot screen back or to bypass the bootscreen or to get around this issue when i try and do the recovery console ive tried copying the ntoskrnl exe back through DOS but dos doesnt support NTFS so it doesnt work ive been told to try and boot with a NTFS boot disk im trying to look in bootdisk com for one now will this work any other suggestions Report Post IP Logged nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Greetings Folks I wanted to share a problem I am having with my Dad s computer and hoping for some assistance on this I have been trying to figure it out for two weeks now and nothing I will explain things as they happened Perhaps someone has seen this before Firstly he has a custom built machine years Booting Problem Motherboard?? Windows - ago by me It has a Matsonic Windows Booting Problem - Motherboard?? MS E USB Mainboard with a P Processor I think it is GHz or there-abouts MB RAM Radeon Video AGP Sony DRU DVD Writer Stock DVD CD-Rom Windows XP Home SP Upgrade on Windows Me Approximately three weeks ago my dad lost his sound Just turned the PC on one morning and no sound It had disappeared from his machine After some tests I determined the on-board sound had given up which it had and we disabled the on-board and tossed in a generic sound card viola It worked A few days later he said he was getting a blue screen and a message that his disk needed to be checked for consistentcy but it would only get about done and reboot itself only to start all over again in a continuous cycle On my next trip over I saw what it was doing and I figured either the disk was going bad or there was something up with the OS I realize that there can be quirks on an upgrade so I got his XP CD and I did a repair Everything was fine We had to reinstall one or two programs again that did not function properly after the repair but otherwise he was up and running and he was once again having a good time The next day I emailed him no reply and the day after I called and asked if all was OK he said the very next morning he turned the PC on and the disk check came up and this time there were other errors that he could not explain He said he was going to get a Hard drive in the event that is the problem and he said leave it till my weekly visit I found the stop message STOP x D x x x xF A DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL SCSIPORT SYS - Address F A at F E Datestamp b b After a few times trying to get the machine into Safe Mode finally somehow I got it into normal windows We did some tests tested the memory ran WinDoctor could not run diskcheck though which made me believe it may be the disk We were both frustrated he said to go ahead and put the new hard drive in So I tested the MB battery it still had over volts in it and we put in the new hard drive and I grabbed his ME CD to use for verification to make the XP a full version rather than upgrade Things were going fine except the new disk though set as primary was reading as drive F during the install and his secondary drive backup storage was listed as C I assumed it would fix itself but it did not and after Windows XP was successfully setup it was still reading as F With a no-hassle clean install of Windows XP I proceeded to setup all of his hardware then put in his AVG configured the firewall and brought in all the Windows Updates After the last time it asked for a restart after the Windows Updates it went thru the POST Windows Splash Screen then black screen no text for minutes and rebooted cycled doing the same thing I am able to put it into safe mode and safe mode with networking but not normal mode I went to system restore and bumped it back by minutes which took out just two of his small graphics programs but still would not go into normal mode This kind of tells me that it really is not the hard drive I know it is not a virus He uses AVG Free Spyware Guard Spyware Blaster Spybot S amp D Ad-Aware He updates them and runs them every days AVG runs every day and I know this because I run them for him when I visit once a week My ultimate question is Might the on-board sound card going be a sign that the MB is dying What are some things I can check now that I am having similar issues on two different drives I know I put a long history in the post but I wanted to cover as much as I could I will be happy to try and explain any of the details more if anyone needs me to I d be grateful to anyone who may have s... Read more

Relevancy 45.58%

I have an old dell dimension 866r with windows xp service pack 1

128 MB of RAM During POST I get no error messages regarding memory. It has 2 banks 1 doesn't have a memory chip in it BIOS sees it as (not installed)

It was working fine before but now every time I turn the computer on.

I get a black screen that says "Windows did not start properly. This may have been caused due to a recent Hardware or software change.

Then it gives me the following options:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Safe Mode with Network

Start Windows normally

I tried all of them and the computer just hangs I have to cold shutdown and turn it back on and it goes to the same screen.

Please help tell me the things I should look for.

Software has not changed and Hardware has not changed so I don't know what this is.

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello guys,

My friend gave me his laptop to boot windows XP on it. Laptop is: GERICOM HUMMER 2230e
The laptop had windows 7 OS on it (but it was too slow because the configuration is poor, 512MB ram, 2.2gHZ processor). So I put Windows XP bootable CD and started installation. All went good till the step " Copying files" ( the step after formating disk, btw I haveformated disk). After that laptop restarted and I got message like: " OS couldnt be load, system error... Now when I turn on laptop I just see GERICOM logo and nothing else, everything stuck. When I press F2 I get this message: Screenshot by Lightshot

A:Problem with booting windows XP on laptop - please help

Hello midho and Welcome to PCHF

Windows XP did not support SATA HDD out of the box.
Support for SATA started with Service Pack 3.
If you slipstream SP3 (see here how http://winsupersite.com/windows-xp/s...ice-pack-3-sp3) you can have a new installation disk that will work.

Just to make sure everything else is OK, use the BIOS diagnostic and check the HDD before you do anything else.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-xp/121618-problem-booting-windows-xp-laptop-please-help.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have having XP Windows 7 dual problem a with and booting I'm a problem and would greatly appreciate any help I'm using a new hard drive and doing a completely fresh install I started with Windows - all went fine After sorting out drivers rebooting a few times etc I created the partition for XP rebooted and installed Told XP setup to install to the new partition It got to the point where it finished copying all the files and rebooted Then I got the quot error loading operating system quot error It will load neither XP nor I tried booting from the disc and doing a startup repair so I can fix things within using EasyBCD I'm having a problem with dual booting XP and Windows 7 but it didn't work - the repair software says it can't find I'm having a problem with dual booting XP and Windows 7 a problem and upon rebooting I still can't get into XP or Any suggestions edit I tried the advice in this post but it didn't help http forums techarena in operating tm post edit For some reason Windows startup repair utility detects its installation as being on F - my DVD drive when it is in fact installed to C XP is installed onto a partion allocated to G and its own repair console recognises that correctly as well as also detecting as being on F edit The driver letters keep changing I've just gone into the XP partition setup in the recovery console and in the install menu both a couple of times in a row and they keep changing Also the boot order just got changed in the BIOS and my OS drive somehow moved to the lowest priority hard drive below my two storage drives

A:I'm having a problem with dual booting XP and Windows 7

Well, I got back into Windows 7 by deleting the XP partition. All ship-shape in disk management. Not sure what to do now to get XP running as well, though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/70988-im-having-problem-dual-booting-xp-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi This is my first time to this forum so let me know if there s any information I should be providing that I m not or if this thread should be somewhere else I ve been trying to boot from a USB so I can reformat my booting from Driver problem when Windows USB 7 computer Driver problem when booting Windows 7 from USB and install Windows with a copy provided online by my university I followed the following steps Reformatted an GB Lexar Firefly USB to NTFS using the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool Used MagicDisk to mount my Windows ISO to a new drive G Used the MBRWiz command MBRWiz list command to find out which disk my USB was at Used MBRwiz disk active my USB was at location Copied the bootable properties of my mounted ISO file over using G boot bootsect nt F F is the USB Copied all the files on G over to F using windows explorer Restarted and pressed F to choose where to boot from My Toshiba laptop starts with a black screen that says TOSHIBA if you hit F then you can choose from a number of icons at the bottom which look like discs network etc One looks like a USB so I chose it I think this means I booted from the USB Everything went well and it looked like I was installing Windows until it gave me the option of - Upgrading to Windows and keeping my current files which I m assuming was to be done while running Windows and reformatting - A custom installation which I think I need if booting from USB I chose but it said that it could not locate the driver for my USB I m at a complete loss of what to do according to the Lexar website my USB doesn t need additional driver software I can browse through my USB to manually search for the driver but can t find anything anywhere the only files on there are the Windows ones The above steps are roughly those laid out at http tech icrontic com article ins -windows-xp minus the part where I can t get Windows to install Does anyone know either where I can find the driver either on the web or within my USB or what I m doing wrong Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I've been having a few problems with my CD-ROM drive for a few days now and my PC hd been getting a little messy so I decided to back up all the data that I needed to keep onto external USB drives and reformat my HDD Because I've been having problems with my CD-ROM drive and it wouldn't run the windows setup disk I decided to install Vista to another partition and then reformat it on the first partition whilst running the second However quite stupidly I think Partition Manager partitioned the whole drive instead of just the one old partition either that or there was something in the original partition that I needed to be able to run properly I am now left with quot NTLDR is missing Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart quot everytime I try to boot the PC and therefore cannot boot I have changed the BIOS settings to boot from the CD-ROM first and even manually selected to boot from the CD-ROM from the Boot Menu too Both of which still give me the same error above I am really Windows Vista Problem Booting stuck as to what I can actually do There is no option to boot from USB flash drive in the BIOS Windows Vista Booting Problem and the only hard drive that shows up in the BIOS is the internal one I'm having problems with so installation from USB or USB HDD seems out of the question Please somebody help me Edit My PC is a HP Pavilion Slimeline s uk

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-booting-problem-401323.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I installed ZoneAlarm Free Firewall on my computer TightVNC and some windows updates Then I restarted the computer and - Booting Quickly Windows Help Problem Need got a Blue Screen error Windows Booting Problem - Need Help Quickly after the desktop appeared It disappeared instantly and the computer restarted This happened several times I went into safe mode Windows Booting Problem - Need Help Quickly and uninstalled zonealarm and tightvnc thinking that they might be the problem I also ran an adaware and virus scan and removed a few low risk files with adaware The same thing happened when I restarted I went to safe mode and then did a system restore to the day before the problem It still didn't work I tried a repair install from my windows CD During the install there were a few errors It was trying to find some files but couldn't When it finished the install it took forever for windows to load and when it finally did I got a different Blue Screen error which said that athe file ialmrnt was caught in an infinite loop this error stayed up unlike the first one What can I do to fix this I don't want to reinstall because I need the emails and stuff in OutLook The things I need are for a business so it won't be easy to replace everything The other stuff on my computer was backed up by DataDeposit By the way this happened on a Dell Inspiron laptop

A:Windows Booting Problem - Need Help Quickly

Hi,

What was the exact error? If it was a stop error, it should be followed by a series of numbers (i.e. 0x0000008a).

What driver or file was noted in the error you mentioned?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-booting-problem-need-help-quickly-137369.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,

When booting windows vista home premium edition, the screen freezes. Cannot run any programs in normal mode. After running Trend Micro in safe mode I got several errors. Some of the errors include -
c:Boot\BCD-> <<ERROR <-94>>>
c:Boot\BCD.LOG-> <<ERROR <-94>>>
c: pagefile.sys-> <<ERROR <-94>>>

There are many more such error 94 messages.
I tried restoring the system files without any success.
Could you please help me solve this problem.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-booting-windows-vista.797871/
Relevancy 45.58%

One of my friend have a DELL system which have MB RAM recently he bought a GB RAM and tried to add it with existing as he says both are of same DDR type but any way it did not accept and then he return back as before that with MB RAM all things were as upgrade problem..windows booting not RAM before he didn t delete or add any file or change any settings but windows not boot up only the black screen with options of safe RAM upgrade problem..windows not booting mode safe mode with command prompt windows start normally windows with last good configuration etc but when selecting wny option it return back to the same screen with this options what may be the problem he cleaned the RAM slot and press it correctly he can t even go to safe mode is there any chance to change any settings in bios automatically while changing the RAM or what may be the reason is it need to format or any other way nbsp

A:RAM upgrade problem..windows not booting

It could be compatibility issues. Double check the physical connection and verify that it's seated correctly. Go into the BIOS and verify the amount of memory detected with the amount physically installed. If that's all good, ther shouldn't be any beeps and it should take you to the menu with the options. Select last known config that worked, and if no go, turn off the pc and reset the CMOS or pull out the battery for a minute and reinstallng it to see if that fixed it. Upon restarting, make sure everything in the BIOS is set to how you've had it configured.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-upgrade-problem-windows-not-booting.144435/
Relevancy 45.58%

So i had everything for a new computer set up on a regular hard drive and ssd 7 windows booting after cloning Problem to pulled my boot ssd out of my older computer then did a quick format on it and cloned the hd to the sdd When i boot up i get this error Windows Boot Manager Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem insert windos cd and run a repair your computer option File EFI MICROSOFT BOOT BCD Status xc F An Problem booting windows 7 after cloning to ssd error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data I tried booting into the windows pe environment macrium provided and doing boot repairs but no luck Once i hit enter and pass the error screen it comes up again then after the second one it starts booting into windows I assume this has something to do with me not properly formatting and erasing the mbr from the ssd since it was running on an old bios system instead of the newer uefi but this is my first time using them so i'm not sure I also see a mb allocated partition for the c drive How can i repair it

A:Problem booting windows 7 after cloning to ssd

You probably need to do a diskpart clean on the SSD to remove the old bios system completely, and then clone the HD to the SSD.
Here is a tutorial by Brink for this:
Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/396407-problem-booting-windows-7-after-cloning-ssd.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Well here it goes when i start up my pc, my computer freezes on the pci device listing screen. And nothing happens, but what i realized is my harddrive is not showing up on the pri. master disk insted it just says non. Now ive tried a number of things but nothing seems to work. Now, has my hard drive suddenly gone bad? So is there any fix for this?

A:Solved: Windows not Booting, hdd problem? help plz

Check your connections and jumpers first of all. It won't boot until it appears in BIOS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-not-booting-hdd-problem-help-plz.738864/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi This is my first time to this forum so let me know if there's any information I should be providing that I'm not or if this thread should be somewhere else I've been trying to boot from a USB so I can reformat my while USB Windows from problem Driver booting 7 computer and install Windows I followed the following steps Reformatted an GB Lexar Firefly USB to NTFS using the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool Used MagicDisk to mount my Windows ISO to a new drive G Used the MBRWiz command MBRWiz list command to find out which disk my Driver problem while booting Windows 7 from USB USB was at Used MBRwiz disk active my USB was at location Copied the bootable properties of my mounted ISO file over using G boot bootsect nt F F is the USB Copied all the files on G over to F using windows explorer Restarted and pressed F to choose where to boot from My Toshiba laptop starts with a black screen that says TOSHIBA if you hit F then you can choose from a number of icons at the bottom which look like discs network etc One looks like a USB so I chose it I think this means I booted from the USB Everything went well and it looked like I was installing Windows until it gave me the option of - Upgrading to Windows and keeping my current files which I'm assuming was to be done while running Windows and reformatting - A custom installation which I think I need if booting from USB I chose but it said that it could not locate the driver for my USB I'm at a complete loss of what to do according to the Lexar website my USB doesn't need additional driver software I can browse through my USB to manually search for the driver but can't find anything anywhere the only files on there are the Windows ones The above steps are roughly those laid out at http tech icrontic com article ins -windows-xp minus the part where I can't get Windows to install Does anyone know either where I can find the driver either on the web or within my USB or what I'm doing wrong Thanks so much

A:Driver problem while booting Windows 7 from USB

This looks a lot easier - and it's from Microsoft so there's support for it.
http://wudt.codeplex.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/driver-problem-while-booting-windows-7-from-usb-449765.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I receive a Bad Image checksum error, stating the image wininet.dll is corrupt. I have tried to boot up in Safe Mode and still receive this message. What other start-up options should I try?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-booting-up-windows-2000.285847/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello guys,
First of all my english can be sux,Sorry for that i hope i can tell my problem properly.

Last days, I installed Hackintosh to my pc, and i did some efi changes for Hackintosh. After i bored and deleted hackintosh part. Than now i cant start my computer with uefi.When i open ''Enable CSM'' its starting but ;its starting like this. It was starting no intel and windows 8 circle was spining under asus logo.
An there is another problem when i Disable Csm, There is no add boot section ; How can i turn back to my orginal settings ? Please help me, i asked all of my friends but no one to help me.

A:Windows 8.1 Booting with UEFI Problem.

You would need to reinstall Windows 8. It should fix the MBR during the install. If not. Try this to see if it works. https://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/48069-windows-8-1-booting-uefi-problem.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I just installed windows xp on an older PC I have. The installation went fine and everything was working perfectly. The computer then froze and I had to reboot. Now it will not boot up at all. The computer is an Old Compaq presario, and it doesn't even start to load windows up when I boot it up. I cannot access the bios, or anything. I tried to boot from the installation disk, and nothing - it won't recognize anything. Please help!!

A:Problem booting new installation of windows xp

Try clearing CMOS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-booting-new-installation-of-windows-xp.806653/
Relevancy 45.58%

Long story short i tried to install a boot screen on winxp and it was a non sp ntoskrnl exe and i have sp so it wont boot any more im trying to get back into windows to change it back to the normal winxp boot screen which i backed up ive tried booting from the windows disk using the recovery console and it says this word for word quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer and that any disk related hardware configuration is correct This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program Setup can not continue quot ive got SATA HD and i proceeded to install the controller drivers after that the same message still came up i cant Windows with bootscreen not booting+Problem boot Windows not booting+Problem with bootscreen in safe mode or normally because when it gets to the boot screen it locks up i was wondering if anyone knew another way to get back into windows to change Windows not booting+Problem with bootscreen the boot screen back or to bypass the bootscreen or to get around this issue when i try and do the recovery console ive tried copying the ntoskrnl exe back through DOS but dos doesnt support NTFS so it doesnt work ive been told to try and boot with a NTFS boot disk im trying to look in bootdisk com for one now will this work any other suggestions nbsp

A:Windows not booting+Problem with bootscreen

i have a copy cannot remember where i downloaded it,send your email and i will send as an attachment it is about 850k in size

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-not-booting-problem-with-bootscreen.196028/
Relevancy 45.58%

I start up my desktop and after i see the dell screen i get. "Loading PBR for descriptor 2....done." Then it stays there and does not continue loading. The tower also makes a grinding kind of sound. Please help i have been through many different sources trying to find the answer.

A:Windows xp computer booting problem

Worth Reading, IMO.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334149/windows-xp-computer-booting-problem/
Relevancy 45.58%

i have a problem when booting windows in my laptop
it doesn't boot from hard directly and gives me a black screen
when i make windows recovery it works but after one restart the problem back
i tried windows startup repair that couldn't found any problem
what i have to do

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I am in quite a jam I can t figure out for help XP be Booting appreciated. would Problem, Windows the life of me what is wrong with my computer So it started like this I was Windows XP Booting Problem, help would be appreciated. working Windows XP Booting Problem, help would be appreciated. on the computer yesterday when it froze up on me I didn t think much of it so I rebooted and continued what I was doing Later that same day the computer locked up about - more times Then I started hearing ticking noises coming from inside I shut it off after it froze again When I powered it back on the screen during bootup that displays my Hard drive Windows XP Booting Problem, help would be appreciated. s status I have four HDs paired up with one another says that the first set of hard drives which is where the OS is on is healthy and on the other set it gets an error with red text I rebooted and sure enough they were both healthy again This is where it messes up It starting loading the Windows logo with the progress bar The next thing it does is go black It doesn t boot at all after that I have to reboot everytime I then tried to boot in safe mode Black screen again I tried all the possible options in the boot menu none of them worked That s where my first problem takes off So I now have a non-booting OS The next thing I do is insert the Windows boot disk and installed Windows XP on the same HD the original OS was on Don t ask why I don t know either After the installation Windows booted up fine except I was running on a fresh install Which how I m on this site My original OS is still very much intact from what I think How do I know this Well first off it asks me which OS to boot from when I power on and when the black screen comes on for the original OS I can hear sound when I plug things in EX an xbox I can only hear sound if the driver for my soundcard is installed which it is in my original OS The second thing why I know my original OS is still there is because I can still see all the files on all the drives using the fresh OS This includes my program files WINDOWS folder and desktop items from the original OS Now that s how I ve gotten to this point I have OS s on my HD s One of them with all my important files and settings still on them which boots to a black screen One of them that is a fresh install of windows XP and works fine I want to know how can I get my original OS the work again and remove this fresh OS that I am temporarily using hopefully Can anyone help me nbsp

A:Windows XP Booting Problem, help would be appreciated.

WeaponXD said:

The next thing I do is insert the Windows boot disk, and installed Windows XP on the same HD the original OS was on

My original OS is still very much intact from what I think.

I don't see how this can be - that is, re-installing the OS on the same HD, and not over-writing ALL previous data on that drive...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-booting-problem-help-would-be-appreciated.534762/
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm having two hard disks which is of 80gb capacity.in one of the hard disks i loaded windows xp (service pack 2) and i loaded LINUX(FEDORA9 64bit) on other hard disk.One hard disk is kept as master and other as slave.BUT while booting it is booting only xp but where as the options for selecting other is not coming. Kindly tel me how to use both os such that one OS should be in one hard disk and other should be in another hard disk.

A:Problem while booting OS (windows xp ND LINUX)

FROM A SIMILAR THREAD
As both Operating systems have been set up when they were the only O/S in the eystem, it's difficult to get them to play nicely with each other now.
You have a few options and I'll list them in order of easiest to hardest:
1) Plug both drives in and control the bootup by enabling and disabling each drive in the system BIOS. (When you boot up press F1, Del or Esc or whatever your "Setup" key is).
2) Plug in both drives with Windows drive as primary master. Boot your Fedora disc and install Grub to the root of the Windows Drive. Note: Fedora may still not boot in which case you progress to step 3.
(Super Grub Disk http://www.supergrubdisk.org/ )
3) Do step 2 but over-install Fedora but make sure you don't reformat your existing /Home partition.
4) Use a third party bootloader such as my favorite freebie: http://www.ranish.com/part/xosl.htm

Additional Information: Found: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=160688

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-while-booting-os-windows-xp-nd-linux.776993/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there,
I had windows 7 installed on a new partition on my pc which had XP Pro on the C drive. After removing windows 7 home premium and deleting the partition, I still get a choice at bootup -
use older windows version
0r windows 7
I have to choose the older version every time I boot up which is very annoying.
My question is does anybody know a fail safe way of removing this 'choice' so it boots straight in to XP?

I do have an XP disc but it's only XP Pro Sp 1. I downloaded Sp2 and 3 from the Microsoft website and put them on a CD.

Audrey

Relevancy 45.58%

I just installed windows xp on an old compaq presario computer I have. The installation went fine, and everything was running perfectly. But the computer froze and I had to reboot it. Now it will not boot up at all. It doesn't even get to loading windows xp, it just stops with a flashing cursor on the screen over the Compaq logo. I cannot access the bios screen or anything. I tried to reboot from the installation disc, and that doesn't work either. Please help!!!

A:Problem booting new installation of windows xp

Please do not post duplicate threads.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-booting-new-installation-of-windows-xp.806654/