Windows Support Forum

Can't open internet explorer, windows explorer crashes

Q: Can't open internet explorer, windows explorer crashes

I have a problem. Everytime I try to open Internet Explorer the home page dosen't load up. The page freezes then windows explorer crashes. I get random messages from the avast, virus scanner, saying :Blocked malicious site windows32installer.com/pack/ and a bunch of numbers and letters.

I have vista 32 bit.
Please Help!
Art.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-open-internet-explorer-windows-explorer-crashes-453269.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't open internet explorer, windows explorer crashes

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 98.04%

Hey guys thanks for viewing my post This has been going on for about weeks now and I can t figure out the cause Every time I open quot My Computer quot or anything with windows explorer everything is fine for a few seconds then starts to slow then explorer completely locks up and crashes without an error message screen shows only the wallpaper for a few minutes then explorer starts back up icons come back etc and all is normal again This only seems to happen when utilizing Windows Explorer I ve tried to change the settings on the automatic thumbnail view thinking THAT was the problem but it always crashes before I can go in there Plus I haven t changed settings in that area any time recently and I do a lot of graphics so a thumbnail preview is a must I assume this is just a windows time I exit, crashes. open explorer must Every explorer, dumb XP problem but searching for it with terms like quot windows explorer crashes quot etc comes up with only Internet Explorer results I have g of ram and a decent processor in my HP Pavilion a w and only since a few weeks ago have I had any problems like this NEED Every time I open windows explorer, explorer must exit, crashes. HELP Also ever since about a month after getting a new graphics card sometimes it takes - tries to get my computer to boot if just recently shut off or restarted The computer appears to come on but it doesn t make any loading clicks and the monitor won t turn on I don t think they re related but both are equally annoying Here is my HJT log below it s the first time I ve ever done that so please bear with me ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanel exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Entertainment Center EAXLoadr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp msgup us exe C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp nsr A tmp msgup us exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe C Program Files Last fm LastFM exe c program files aim anotify exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www scruclubrecords com O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Sunkist k C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe O - HKLM Run RCSystem quot C Program Files ... Read more

Relevancy 97.18%

So whenever I click File Explorer on the taskbar or in the start menu, Windows Explorer crashes and I need to go into task manager and restart it. But if I click a folder on my desktop it doesn't crash?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/56915-windows-explorer-crashes-when-i-open-file-explorer.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi all,

I really hope someone can help me out here, as this is my work box, and it will take me about a week to get everything re-installed and configured if I have to format :-(

The problem is that if I try to open windows explorer or internet explorer, they immediately crash. I suspect that this is due to spyware / virus.

I have since upgraded from service pack 2 - 3 and run scans with McAfee, Avast and SpyHunter3. Can't find anything ...
All open / save dialog boxes work fine though ... which is luckily the only way i can work now ... through firefox

Windows Explorer
Error signature
AppName: expIorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.55l2 ModName: msvcrt.dll
ModVer: 7.0.2600.5512 Offset: 00037678

Thanks in advance!
Louis

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-and-windows-explorer-crashes-on-startup.759349/
Relevancy 93.31%

this is my godmother's system so for the most part i've had to peice together the exact issues but from what she's told me internet explorer and windows explorer crashes constantly while she is online gaming e g pogo com and i have noticed on a previous visit that her homepage was indeed explorer and internet explorer windows constantly crashes changed without her doing so now she has said that is has happened before another thing is that the pc is running slow over all but imo i don't really internet explorer and windows explorer crashes constantly see it i have so far run the online scans as well as her av that runs daily avast also she has run spyware doctor and ccleaner as well as reg mechanic now the only firewall she had which is listed in one of these logs was the windows firewall i installed comodo personal firewall right after the scans were done she has a habit of running av's at one time which was the case up til today and i have put a stop to this however i'm sure there's bits and peices left on her system from norton avg and trend micro pc cillin if you have any advice where to look to get these fully off that would be greatly appreciated but not the main concern right now i have gone online and gotten instructions on how to remove some of the tracking cookies that panda pointed out those would be Zedo Mediaplex Casalemedia and Fastclick but i have not done anything to remove them yet i thought i'd talk to you guys first any and all help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Rogers Update Manager RogersUpdateManager exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TheWeatherNetwork WeatherEye WeatherEye exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C WINDOWS ehome mcrdsvc exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe c program files Rogers SelfHealing RogersSelfHelpService exe ANALYSIS - - PROTECTIONS MALWARE SUSPECTS PROTECTIONS Description Version Active Updated Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security No No MALWARE Id Description Type Active Severity Disinfectable Disinfected Location Cookie Casalemedia TrackingCookie No Yes No C Documents and Settings Caroline Bailey Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles zeik x default cookies txt casalemedia com Cookie Casalemedia TrackingCookie No Yes No C Documents and Settings Caroline Bailey Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles zeik x default cookies txt casalemedia com Cookie Casalemedia TrackingCookie No Yes No C Documents and Settings Caroline Bailey Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles zeik x default cookies txt casalemedia com Cookie Casa... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/internet-explorer-and-windows-explorer-crashes-constantly-288386.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello,
I am having an issue with one computer I have using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit version,with Internet Explorer 9 at some point it crashes the Windows explorer.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Sincerely
Orlando

A:Internet Explorer 9 crashes Windows Explorer

I really want to say that windows Explorer sucks sorry for saying this and try to download Firefox or Google Chrome please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-9-crashes-windows-explorer.1123308/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi there.
I have the following most frustrating problem with my windows ME system:
Shortly after start-up my windows explorer crashes, my task bar freezes, and I have to use the task
manager to restart it. It then crashes again a few minutes later.
My internet explorer opens very slowly and then crashes quite quickly - I've had to switch to Netscape.
Similarly browsing my hard-disk causes a crash. Netscape isn't that reliable either - but that might not be
related.
I had gator-ware and recently uninstalled it - but I wonder if it might have damaged my system causing these
problems..
I've run a check for bots/modifications using spybot - and effected all of the changes it recommended
but I still have the same problems.
Any suggestions would be most helpful
Thanks
Claus

Relevancy 90.73%

Hi when i Explorer/my Open Cannot Explorer Computer/windows Internet try to open My Cannot Open Internet Explorer/my Computer/windows Explorer Computer or Windows explorer my task bar disappears from the bottom for a few seconds when it comes back My Computer doesn't open When i try to open Internet Explorer nothing happens at all Please help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Cannot Open Internet Explorer/my Computer/windows Explorer Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxMediaDB exeC Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exeC WINDOWS system r server exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer presented by ComcastR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache htmlO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar htmlO - Extra context menu item Translate Page into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans htmlO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra button ComcastHSI - B B- D E- FB-A D -FD CA F - http www comcast net file missing O - Extra button Support - D-D - -AA - DBFA D E A - http www comcastsupport com file missing O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button Help - - - F -B - BB EF A D - http online comcast net help file missing O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exeO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF B CFB- - -A -C A C Checkers Class - http messenger zone msn com binary msgrchkr cab cabO - DPF B - E - EA - B - F A BC MessengerStatsClient Class - http messenger zone msn com binary Messe nt cab cabO - DPF F-F B- B D- DF- B B Minesweeper Flags Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MineS er cab cabO - DPF A -EFD - FA -B - EA B A Walt Disney Internet Group Hardware Control - https disneyblast go com v setup activex ... Read more

A:Cannot Open Internet Explorer/my Computer/windows Explorer

Anyone?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/55962/cannot-open-internet-explorermy-computerwindows-explorer/
Relevancy 89.01%

Please help I cannot open IE word or the control panel My computer will periodically crash I noticed norton trying to stop webenhancer from downloading Norton Explorer, Word Crashes + Open Cannot Internet Panel, Control did not pick up any viruses Ad aware picked up no spyware I really need to be able to use this computer and would Cannot Open Internet Explorer, Control Panel, Word + Crashes truly appreciate any advice with this computer Here is my hijack this file Please help I can't access word internet explorer and the control panel Norton tried to stop Webenhancer from downloading When attempting to access Cannot Open Internet Explorer, Control Panel, Word + Crashes IE i get an message that internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close My computer sometimes just freezes Here's my hijack this file I'd appreciate any help I really need it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system csrss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exeC WINNT system LEXBCES EXEC WINNT system LEXPPS EXEC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT system SK DM EXEC WINNT GWMDMMSG exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exeC WINNT system PROMon exeC Program Files PopNot PopNot exeC Program Files KMaestro KMaestro exeC Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINNT system rundll exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINNT System drivers CDAC BA EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINNT system nvsvc exeC Program Files Axaware SpamBully for Outlook Express sb service exeC WINNT System tcpsvcs exeC WINNT System snmp exeC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINNT wanmpsvc exeC WINNT System NMSSvc exeC WINNT System alg exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exeC WINNT explorer exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINNT System wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - D F B -B B- d -A B -BD B F - C Program Files MorpheusBar SrchAstt bin MBSRCAS DLLF - REG system ini UserInit C WINNT system userinit exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO TChkBHO Class - E CD -B E - - - F C ABE - no file O - BHO no name - D A F- A- CC- F - BCAF AD - C WINNT Downloaded Program Files SbCIe dllO - BHO no name - D F B -B B- d -A B -BD B F - C Program Files MorpheusBar SrchAstt bin MBSRCAS DLLO - BHO ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker BHO - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files ZoneAlarmSB bar bin SPYBLOCK DLLO - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dllO - Toolbar Morpheus Toolbar - F A - A - be- AF -D C D FB F - C Program Files MorpheusBar bar bin MORPHBAR DLLO - Toolbar ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files ZoneAlarmSB bar bin SPYBLOCK DLLO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run Hot Key Kbd Daemon SK DM EXEO - HKLM Run GWMDMMSG GWMDMMSG exeO - HKLM Run PROMon exe PROMon exeO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINNT UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run PNSetup C Program Files PopNot PNSetup exeO - HKLM Run USSShReg C PROGRA UL... Read more

A:Cannot Open Internet Explorer, Control Panel, Word + Crashes

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days, please post a new HijackThis log. Thank you for your patience.If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/150802/cannot-open-internet-explorer-control-panel-word-crashes/
Relevancy 87.29%

I cannot click on Windows File Explorer in my task bar or start menu. No error, just a spinning circle and then my icons disappear and come back immediately.

Windows key + E does nothing. Literally, nothing.

If I use other programs to view file in original location, I can sometimes get it open. I can also get it open if I type c: in the search box. However, if I use these methods and dare to right-click, it immediately crashes.

Google search gives me other people posting this issue, with no real fix.

Help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-open-file-explorer-crashes-explorer-exe.1153419/
Relevancy 86.43%

My pc is so slow that it takes ages to play a song in wmp etc etc Ive used tools like ad-aware and registry mechanic tune up Solved: service PC quits crashes slow, explorer too explorer internet randomly, utilities etc etc But still no improvement It used to be just fine until I installed some pay-for-viewing add program I have uninstalled it since then but the slowness remains And the processor is Solved: PC too slow, internet explorer crashes randomly, explorer service quits hogged at the highest level even though i killed many a startup processes Heres the hijacklog Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved Solved: PC too slow, internet explorer crashes randomly, explorer service quits at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files LClock LClock exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files DAP DAP EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Analog Devices ADSL USB MODEM dslmon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Opera Opera exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Documents and Settings firdoxic My Documents HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS FORM TOOLBR O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO URLLink - A AACF -ADF - D - A - E B E - C Program Files NewDotNet newdotnet dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - BHO PrintViewBHO Class - D E C - CE- - A - FD C - C PROGRA PRINTV PRINTH DLL O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run LClock C Program Files LClock LClock exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run DownloadAccelerator quot C Program Files DAP DAP EXE quot STARTUP O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run New net Startup rundll C PROGRA NEWDOT NEWDOT DLL ClientStartup -s O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup DSLMON lnk O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - Extra context menu item amp Clean Traces - C Program Files DAP Privacy Package dapcleanerie htm O - Extra context menu item amp Download with amp DAP - C Program Files DAP dapextie htm O - Extra context menu item amp Search - http edits mywebsearch com toolbaredits menusearch jhtml p ZNxdm YYMV O - Extra context menu item amp Windows Live Search - res C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll search htm O - Ext... Read more

A:Solved: PC too slow, internet explorer crashes randomly, explorer service quits

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pc-too-slow-internet-explorer-crashes-randomly-explorer-service-quits.505034/
Relevancy 86%

My OS is Windows XP and the message I get is "Windows Explorer has encountered an problem and must shut down. Sorry for the inconvienence."

This also happens when I right-click on the desktop, but after that message, I get a similar one from Dr. Postmortem Debugger (or something like that) and the computer freezes.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Relevancy 86%

windows x Win Bin open the after in crashes Recycle Explorer i 7! Windows bit home sp hi when i open the recycle bin it crashes after seconds WITH GUEST ACCOUNT I DON'T HAVE THAT PROBLEM Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name explorer exe Application Version Application Timestamp d ee Fault Module Name msmpeg vdec dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a bdff Exception Code c Exception Offset a f OS Version Locale ID Additional Information c Additional Information c b efd f d d a Additional Information Additional Information ba da d b b b Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Log Name Application Source Application Error Date Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer dell Description Faulting Windows Explorer crashes after i open the Recycle Bin in Win 7! application name Explorer EXE version time stamp x d ee Faulting module name msmpeg vdec dll version time stamp x a bdff Exception code xc Fault offset x a f Faulting process id xa Faulting application start time x cd e d e Windows Explorer crashes after i open the Recycle Bin in Win 7! Faulting application path C Windows Explorer EXE Faulting module Windows Explorer crashes after i open the Recycle Bin in Win 7! path C Windows System msmpeg vdec dll Report Id b b eb -a - e - - eceab Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt dell lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt Explorer EXE lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt d ee lt Data gt lt Data gt msmpeg vdec dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt a bdff lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt a f lt Data gt lt Data gt a lt Data gt lt Data gt cd e d e lt Data gt lt Data gt C Windows Explorer EXE lt Data gt lt Data gt C Windows System msmpeg vdec dll lt Data gt lt Data gt b b eb -a - e - - eceab lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt i don't know if this helps but i had this too COM SURROGATE Description Faulting Application Path C Windows System dllhost exe Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name DllHost exe Application Version Application Timestamp a bca Fault Module Name msmpeg vdec dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a bdff Exception Code c Exception Offset a f OS Version Locale ID Additional Information a Additional Information a d bcfdc bd acb c c e Additional Information bfa Additional Information bfa f dd d b c Files that help describe the problem WERInternalMetadata xml AppCompat txt memory hdmp minidump mdmp

A:Windows Explorer crashes after i open the Recycle Bin in Win 7!

You may want to take a look at: Fix a corrupted user profile

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230927-windows-explorer-crashes-after-i-open-recycle-bin-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 86%

Please help! Explorer.exe crashes when folder windows have been open for a while. No useful information seems to be given in Event viewer and I've tried disabling everything attached to explorer using the "autoruns" utility. Nothing seems to work. I've also tried sfc /scannow and most other suggested fixes. I've added tge sevenforums registry fix and have attached the dump files that it produces.

Thanks, Steve

A:explorer.exe crashes when folder windows have been open for a while

Seems to be a problem with IObit uninstaller shell extension.

Code:
Unable to load image C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Uninstaller\UninstallExplorer32.dll
You won't get many recommendations for IObit products here. Personally I do use IObit Uninstaller sometimes but it's blocked from dialling home by my firewall and the shell extension has been removed. The problem is that I removed it so long ago that I don't remember exactly how I removed it.

If you've got Ccleaner installed have a look at startup entries and disable or delete any IObit entries.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/372330-explorer-exe-crashes-when-folder-windows-have-been-open-while.html
Relevancy 86%

Hello Everybody thanks for taking the time to have cd-rw cant disc windows explorer, open crashes a look at my thread Basically I am running a hp G laptop and it's all good apart from I bought some blank cd-rw discs to burn some mp s to play in my car This worked well discs play well etc but now I have come to cd-rw crashes windows explorer, cant open disc overwrite the discs to put something new on them afterall they are rewritable discs When I insert the disc into the machine nothing pops up and the laptop doesn't think a disc is inserted I open quot computer quot and look at cd drive e and it doesn't find the cd then I rightclick the e drive icon and the blue circle icon spins round for a while then windows explorer crashes and have to ctrl-alt-del to get it up and running again It only affects the windows explorer everything else runs as normal It happens on all discs I burnt and now want to overwrite Am I being silly and missing something obvious or is it a fault in Vista Please help Ste

A:cd-rw crashes windows explorer, cant open disc

Try this procedure for capturing a memory dump (it should work with Vista): [2-Int] Generating a memory dump for a crashing process - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/280880-cd-rw-crashes-windows-explorer-cant-open-disc.html
Relevancy 86%

My OS is Windows XP and the message I get is quot Windows Explorer has encountered an problem and must shut down Sorry for the inconvienence quot This also happens when I right-click on the desktop but after that message I get a similar one from Dr Postmortem Debugger or something like that and the crashes Explorer open Windows I My when Musi computer freezes Thanks in advance for any help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT Windows Explorer crashes when I open My Musi system services Windows Explorer crashes when I open My Musi exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINNT system nvsvc exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT wanmpsvc exe C PROGRA COMMON Stardock SDMCP exe C WINNT system wscntfy exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Program Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com cus www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com cus www yahoo com O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINNT system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX Exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Microsoft Works WkDetect exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINNT System msjava dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINNT System msjava dll O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - DPF RaptisoftGameLoader - http www miniclip com hamsterball tgameloader cab O - DPF - F - BB - D -FA D F A AB YInstStarter Class - http us dl yimg com download yah nst cab O - DPF B F-D BF- -B -FDC F F E B FilePlanet Download Control Class - http www fileplanet com fpdlmgr c DC cab O - DPF D E CBDA-E E- -A C- EF BF Measurement Service Client v - http ccon futuremark com global msc cab O - DPF F C - E - B - A -BA D D D Secure Delivery - http www gamespot com KDX kdx cab nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

Actually i don't know i am using Windows Professional SP2.
Nowadays whenever i open a folder in windows explorer, automatically windows explorer error comes, closing.
Can't able to open the drive directory[not in C drive] contains videos,movies,photos,...
Please help me how to solve this problem,
i am a beginner just bought a new PC experiencing this problem first time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whenever-i-open-a-folder-windows-explorer-crashes-and-closing.892236/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello everyone I have file trying properties to Explorer certain open crashes when Windows been unable to view the properties of certain files Whenever I select the file right-click and select Properties Windows Explorer crashes and restarts The same thing happens when I try to select Properties through the Organize menu dropdown I found a couple of relevant threads in this forum but they don't seem to have been resolved http www sevenforums com general-d ties-file html Right Click Properties Crash My issue Windows Explorer crashes when trying to open certain file properties is more similar to the first thread It is only files not folders or drives And it is only certain types of files the affected file types seem to be video files in general while all other file types seem OK although mp files seem to be a mixture of both some works and some fails Anyway I have tried all methods provided by Sir George in the first thread My graphic drivers are up to date the sfc scan came up clean screenshot the Microsoft Safety Scanner came up clean screenshot and the problem persisted after booting in safe mode as well as after a clean boot I have even scanned and fixed the registry using AVG PC TuneUp turned off the Data Execution Prevention DEP feature and scanned the hard drives for errors There were no errors found from scanning the hard drives and the problem remained Can anyone please provide me with further advice or instructions Any insight would be very much appreciated Thanks

A:Windows Explorer crashes when trying to open certain file properties

Have you tried uninstalling AVG?
What is the file association of video files (avi mpg mp4 etc.)

Mine is set for
.avi - Windows Media Player.
all .mp* - Windows Media Player

Look in Control Panel, Default Programs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/333447-windows-explorer-crashes-when-trying-open-certain-file-properties.html
Relevancy 85.14%

So i have been fighting this issue for days and i am at my wits end I have bitdefender total security as my antivirus but i also run malwarebytes anti-malware and super anti-spyware To attempt to fix this issue i have also downloads folder explorer Cannot windows crashes open run windows defender found and fixed one issue but not the one causing the crash the root-kit finder from malwarebytes no issues spyBHOremover found no Cannot open downloads folder windows explorer crashes malicious the command prompt windows integrity scan i forget Cannot open downloads folder windows explorer crashes the command just now but i ran that too with no issues found I've used file assassin to delete anything that would even have a remote chance of being corrupt and causing issues I have defragmented my computer done registry scans fix but every time the result is the same i checked the windows forum where there was a similar complaint and an admin there told the person to reset their IE as it is apparently closely linked to windows explorer I updated and reset my IE as well but still have the same issue I feel like i am going to lose my mind if cant get this to stop I also noticed which prompted the mass virus hunt sluggish start-up and my bitdefender options kept changing on their own and the auto-update and auto scan kept turning off Having done a repair install on my bitdefender and fixed a few other minor issues I've managed to get bitdefender to behave more normally and my start-up is faster but my downloads folder is stubborn Any suggestions would be appreciated Oh and i have a legitimate copy of windows but because i bought my computer from a PC store in another city i do not have the disk for my copy of windows I also ran malware bytes in safemode but nothing else was turned up

A:Cannot open downloads folder windows explorer crashes

Hello and welcome Shadowdancer

Mate a couple you could try are
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

and

TDSSKiller Download for starters and then do some of this

Optimize Windows 7[2]=Performance Maintenance

Just as a by the by I tested Bitdefender and while very good was touchy with other anti malware stuff I always run the free Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpywrae too.

Best idea is not to run two AV's (full versions) at ant one time anyway

Don't worry about not having the disk for reinstalling as you can do a factory default or download the ISO and activate it with the code from the machines COA sticker.

USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create this option lets you install without the bloatware that Lenovo would have put on

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/290842-cannot-open-downloads-folder-windows-explorer-crashes.html
Relevancy 85.14%

My computer specs Windosw Vista Home Premium Service Pack System Manufacturer TOSHIBA Model Satellite P Laptop Rating Processor Intel R CoreJ TM Duo CPU T GHz Memory RAM mp4 mp3 Explorer I Windows When Video or Crashes A Open File GB System type -bit Operating System Hi When I open a mp or mp video file everything freezes and I get a message that says the following Windows Explorer has stopped working Windows can check for a Windows Explorer Crashes When I Open A mp3 or mp4 Video File solution to the problem gt Check online for a solution and close the program gt Close the program And the following is the problem signature Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name Explorer exe Application Version Application Timestamp e da Fault Module Name ntdll dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp cb Exception Code Exception Offset e OS Version Locale ID Additional Information d Additional Information ad ec aa c e b d Windows Explorer Crashes When I Open A mp3 or mp4 Video File c Additional Information d Additional Information ad ec aa c e b d c Read our privacy statement Microsoft Online Crash Analysis I need some assistance and a possible fix as soon as possible for this issue Thank you ocaj

A:Windows Explorer Crashes When I Open A mp3 or mp4 Video File

Exception Code 0x80000003 = hard assert - breakpoint.

Are you using WMP or other?
Does it occur with EVERY mp3 & mp4 file?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-explorer-crashes-when-i-open-a-mp3-or-mp4-video-file-554366.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I am running Windows XP Home SP with the latest updates on a Pentium GHz Dell Recently IE and Eudora quit working No new programs had been installed IE will not load Open and (Windows Will Explorer), "My Eudora Not Explorer, Internet Computer" any pages it just freezes Eudora reports an quot unhandled exception quot and exits quot My Computer quot generally will not open but occasionally after searching several minutes it will function perfectly with every disk link opening instantly I can bypass the quot My Computer quot button with the quot Run quot "My Computer" (Windows Explorer), Internet Explorer, and Eudora Will Not Open command to instantly open any drive Using this method the Control Panel may still open slowly Using Task Manager no process generally appears to be using a lot of CPU resources Also quot My Computer quot and Eudora function perfectly in Safe Mode I did run the Panda online scanner After hours it reported potential quot viruses or spyware quot but did not give an option to fix any I neglected to save the log file at that time--sorry Since then I have downloaded and run the following antivirus spyware detection programs without finding any problems other than tracking cookies removed all cookies SpyBot Search amp Destroy AVG Free full scan BitDefender Antivirus full scan the latest Windows malware removal tool sfc scannow did not run with XP CD in drive and Windows Defender I have also uninstalled IE restarted and then tried opening Eudora with no improvement After that I uninstalled Eudora installed IE and restarted IE and quot My Computer quot would still not open The "My Computer" (Windows Explorer), Internet Explorer, and Eudora Will Not Open latest version of Eudora was also installed without success--I get the same error I have also run HijackThis and Googled every line without finding any obviously bad "My Computer" (Windows Explorer), Internet Explorer, and Eudora Will Not Open processes In addition I have also tried disabling DCOM and WIA services without improvement They have since been reenabled Most recently I upgraded from SP to SP in Safe Mode with no improvement Except for the programs mentioned all other programs including Netscape and Firefox work like normal What should I try next Here is the latest HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files OpenCASE OpenCASE Media Agent MediaAgent exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Visioneer OneTouch OneTouchMon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files OpenCASE OpenCASE Media Agent PandoBinaries NBCPandoREST exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdagent exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C PROGRAM FILES MIC... Read more

A:"My Computer" (Windows Explorer), Internet Explorer, and Eudora Will Not Open

BUMP please . . .

By the way, I had also tried System Restore several times early on--without success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/my-computer-windows-explorer-internet-explorer-and-eudora-will-not-open-303553.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Window XP pro all updates current gig memory amd dual core I tried to open a video file saved to my desk top but got a data entry protection DEP warning that made it close This happens with every video folder on my computer I am able to open VLC and load the videos from there but not the actual video folder so that Explorer Crashes Unable To Files, Any Video Open Windows I can burn them I logged off and restarted in safe mode While in safe mode I ran Spybot S amp D AdAware and CWshredder All three programs removed Unable To Open Any Video Files, Windows Explorer Crashes items I then rebooted in normal mode and I am still getting the same problem I have a hijackthis log I deleted the HJT log after surfing the web somemore All my problems started after I installed the k-lite codec pack I have now uninstalled the program but still have the problem I reinstalled the program and still have a problem How do I clean up k-lite What is a better solution

A:Unable To Open Any Video Files, Windows Explorer Crashes

I found out that if I disable the thumbnail view for videos that It will not crash. I went to start-> run and typed: regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. Now it works fine. It should work with the thumbnails though, as it did before.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84218/unable-to-open-any-video-files-windows-explorer-crashes/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi,

My windows explorer.exe has been crashing for the past few months when I open up a folder (e.g. My Documents, My computer). It doesn't happen everytime and I think I need to have all the folders closed and then open one up for explorer.exe to crash.

Here's what I found in event viewer:

Event ID: 1000
Description:
Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.3156, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x025d6810.

Data:
0000: 6c707041 74616369 206e6f69 6c696146
0010: 20657275 70786520 65726f6c 78652e72
0020: 2e362065 39322e30 332e3030 20363531
0030: 75206e69 6f6e6b6e 30206e77 302e302e
0040: 6120302e 666f2074 74657366 35323020
0050: 31383664 0a0d30

Let me know if you need any other information.

thanks,
Jimmy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-exe-crashes-when-i-open-folder-e-g-my-documents-my-computer-179320.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hey there,
I was wondering if any of you could help me with a little problem. I just changed computers, and copied all of my files from XP onto an external hard-drive. When I plugged this HDD into Vista I could open the hard-drive it's self but not the "Freecom Sync" briefcase which contained all of the files on the hard-drive.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-crashes-when-i-try-to-open-the-briefcase-in-my-external-hard-drive.641699/
Relevancy 82.56%

It's actually not my pc, it is my friends. He uses Internet Explorer 10 on his windows 7 ultimate 64bit SP1. Everytime he clicks on hyperlinks in webpages, his IE10 crashes and says "Internet Explorer has stopped working" and then it will reload the webbrowser and the last page, but it will freeze up on him and the only way he can close it is if he terminated via the task manager. How can he fix this? He also uses Norton 360 latest version but I can tell you already that isn't the issue.

A:Internet Explorer 10 crashes on Windows 7

Try No Add-ons mode,
Click the start button and type,
internet explorer
Click on the No Add-ons suggestion near the top/ Test.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-10-win-7
If still no joy,
Click Start and All programs,
Right click the ie10 listing and click on Run as administrator/ Test.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/288967-internet-explorer-10-crashes-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 81.7%

This started recently; within past 60 days; haven't been able to fix w/malwarebytes or antivirus disc scan or Advanced System Care. I've seen same/similar problem posted before. I've also had Mozilla Firefox do same thing w/in this timeframe. Chrome works fine, but something devious seems to be going on here. Any suggestions???

Relevancy 81.7%

this is the log i did with hijackthis Please advice and also my download speed varies when i check it on the online speed-o-meter is there like a downloader or trojan of some sort Logfile of Trend Micro Explorer close open crashes IE crashes files tabs, whenever when i i video HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C IE crashes whenever i close tabs, Explorer crashes when i open video files Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA IE crashes whenever i close tabs, Explorer crashes when i open video files exe C Documents and Settings All Users WINDOWS Application Data EPSON EPW SSRP E S RP EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files ASUS GamerOSD GamerOSD exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr LVComSX exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIBGP EXE C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar no name - FFDE - - f -B D-FC A F C - no file O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe r O - HKLM Run CTDVDDET C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run SBDrvDet C Program Files Creative SB Drive Det SBDrvDet exe r O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run Nv... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie-crashes-whenever-i-close-tabs-explorer-crashes-when-i-open-video-files-286375.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Last night out of nowhere I noticed that every seconds or so the computer would seem to freeze and then unfreeze after about seconds or so The computer has never done this before I decided to restart and this is when things started getting bad After restarting the computer seemed to boot up fine but when open safe extremely Explorer slow, crashes, mode Freezing, programs Windows won't I clicked on firefox it seemed to lock up completely The taskbar didn t seem to be affected so I clicked start The frame of the start window opened but everything inside was white and that too appeared frozen I hit ctrl-alt-del and nothing happened the computer stayed locked I turned the computer off manually and tried restarting in safe mode The computer started to boot until it reached a specific process I don t remember which It was stuck on that process for about minutes and then it just turned itself off I turned the computer back on again and let it boot fully while I took a shower so it had about minutes to fully boot Windows Explorer Freezing, extremely slow, safe mode crashes, programs won't open I come back and everything seems to be working icons are highlighting as I hovered over them the start Windows Explorer Freezing, extremely slow, safe mode crashes, programs won't open menu worked right-click menu s appeared etc I opened up a folder with some movies on my desktop It loaded fine I click a movie and it begins playing but then all of the sudden the whole thing freezes and I can t open anything in the background I hit ctrl-alt-del and this time it actually worked I chose task manager and although it took minutes to actually appear I was happy to see it I checked the CPU usage and it was not above percent even while the computer was locking up which was bizzare to me I used msconfig to disable everything non-vital from startup but the problem persists Every Windows Explorer Freezing, extremely slow, safe mode crashes, programs won't open now and then I ll get a Windows Solution box pop-up telling me there s a problem with my hard disk I performed a disk check and it found nothing It seems that if I click a bunch of items programs folders browsers the computer locks up initially but if I walk away for or so minutes I ll come back and they ll be opened Also occasionally I ll get a box that pops-up telling me various Windows services have been terminated These have included Java Windows Indexer whatever service was controlling the speakers and others My computer was extremely fast before this and for the life of me I m lost as to what to do I can t run anything restore anything or install anything Here are my specs HP Compaq p Vista Home Basic Gb RAM ATI Radeon HD Mobility Intel Centrino DualCore Ghz nbsp

A:Windows Explorer Freezing, extremely slow, safe mode crashes, programs won't open

hi have you tried running sfc /scnw or chkdsk
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66978-system-files-sfc-command.html
http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-vista/how-to-use-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-freezing-extremely-slow-safe-mode-crashes-programs-wont-open.844548/
Relevancy 81.27%

We have started seeing this issue with our new deployments of Windows 8.1 - we have around 7 drive mappings pointing to a n EMC NAS (VNX7600) and although I can access all drive4s if I drop to the command prompt -windows explorer FAILS to display all mapped
drives. We see this issue over the VPN which would indicate this issue is somewhat related to network latency and Windows Explorer trying to enumerate and display all pertinent info such as free/used disk space.

Any help will be appreciated.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/88e93b21-64b2-4191-9e41-c69945cbdd4e/windows-81-explorerexe-does-not-show-all-drive-mappings-over-vpn-explorerexe-crashes-sometimes?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello of troubleshooting! Explorer/explorer.exe hours after Windows crashes even I have been troubleshooting explorer exe crashes for the last few weeks nbsp I have read many of the other threads on explorer exe crashes and tried Windows Explorer/explorer.exe crashes even after hours of troubleshooting! most of the different Windows Explorer/explorer.exe crashes even after hours of troubleshooting! troubleshooting steps with no success nbsp So hoping someone here might be able to assist nbsp Running Win Pro SP x nbsp Windows Explorer crashes regularly usually as a result of double-clicking My Computer or other Folder shortcuts located on my desktop nbsp I can report the following -When reviewing the crash reports in AppCrashView or via Action Center I see that Fault Module Name is StackHash xxxx where xxxx is a fa d d b f f c c e b -Tested RAM modules using MemTest - PASS -Ran virus and malware scans - CLEAN -Ran SFC - NO integrity violations -Ran chkdsk f - NO problems -When booting in Safe Mode the problem does NOT occur -When doing a Clean boot with only MS services loaded or a Diagnostic startup the problem still occurs -Ran ShellExView and disabled all non-MS extensions problem still occurs -Turned off Thumbnails problem still occurs -Installed HotFixes KB amp KB problem still occurs -Running Webroot AV nbsp Uninstalled and problem still occurs -System Restore is not an option as the restore points don't go back far enough -Enabled CrashDumps for explorer exe and ran dumpchk on them but don't know how to read them Crash Report summary and dump files are posted here nbsp Hopefully one of you can review the files and will know how to interpret them http drv ms PETh t Any other suggestions would be appreciated nbsp Trying to avoid an OS reinstall nbsp Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c4e9be8-53f9-46ff-8892-3be6c0ec7da5/windows-explorerexplorerexe-crashes-even-after-hours-of-troubleshooting?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 80.41%

Help I seem to have picked up a bug somewhere that I can't seem to do anything about The situation is as follows Whenever I attempt to use windows explorer i get an erroe reading quot Microsoft Windows has encountered a problem and needs to shut down quot Then I am given a chance to report the bug - but regardless of what i select - i lose all my desktop Slowdown Microsoft Explorer And Crashes Windows Explorer icons my toolbar and the ability do do anything other than look at my background I need to power down at that point and restart I have tries running spybot cwshredder and adaware Norton crashes when i try to run it and when i tried re-installing the installer crashes and Windows Explorer Crashes And Microsoft Explorer Slowdown won't let me continue Microsoft INternet Explorer has Windows Explorer Crashes And Microsoft Explorer Slowdown also taken to really chugging aloong and is extremely slow I also cannot download any files without the whole system crashing as noted above Firefox does not seem to be affected I have run hijackthis and here's the log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaanotif exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeC Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exeC Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exeC Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exec Program Files Dell Support Alert bin NotifyAlert exeC Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup palstart exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaantmon exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Antivirus navapsvc exeC PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEC PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Antivirus SAVScan exeC Documents and Settings Eric Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com mywayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - Default URLSearchHook is missingO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - no file O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - no file O - BHO no name - e - bfe- b -a b - bd a - no file O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - no file O - BHO PnIEBrowserHelperObj Class - D F F - A- B- - A B ACA - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolba... Read more

A:Windows Explorer Crashes And Microsoft Explorer Slowdown

Hi Eric and welcome to the forum. You have some junk that needs to go, and I need to run a good scanner. Since you are having trouble downloading, I will use HJT first, then you should be able to download and run the scan. Follow these directions in the posted order.1) C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe View the links then I suggest you use Add Remove program to uninstall this junk.http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3561546http://www.greatis.com/appdata/u/v/viewmgr.exe.htmhttp://www.spywareinfo.com/newsletter/arch...4.php#viewpoint2) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\palstart.exe <<< this program is nasty, see this: http://www.superadblocker.com/definition/palstart/ If you see anything about in in Add Remove programs, uninstall it also.3) Open HijackThis and choose "Do a system scan only" then check the box in front of these line items:R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...rch/search.htmlR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...//www.yahoo.comR3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing(items with (no file) are not working right if at all. If you are sure they are safe, and you use them, install them again after we are done)O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - (no file)O2 - BHO: YahooTaggedBM Class - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {77701e16-9bfe-4b63-a5b4-7bd156758a37} - (no file)O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - (no file)O2 - BHO: PnIEBrowserHelperObj Class - {D2F719F3-106A-402B-9996-3A5B12ACA564} - (no file)O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)O3 - Toolbar: Viewpoint Toolbar - {F8AD5AA5-D966-4667-9DAF-2561D68B2012} - (no file)O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - (no file)O4 - Global Startup: palstart.exeO8 - Extra context menu item: &Viewpoint Search - res://C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\ViewBar.dll/CXTSEARCH.HTMLO16 - DPF: {47CD99DF-8BCF-4B9B-94EF-02E51B2F79DA} - http://www.alwaysupdatednews.com/install/aun_0036.exeO18 - Filter: text/html - (no CLSID) - (no file) O18 - Filter: text/plain - (no CLSID) - (no file) Close all programs but HJT and all browser windows, then click on "Fix Checked"4) Enable hidden files&folders..reverse the process when finished.http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4155-1916458,00.htmlRIGHT Click on Start then click on Explore. Locate and delete these items:C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\palstart.exe >>> fileC:\Windows\Prefetch\ >>> delete the contents (NOT THE FOLDER) Prefetch info: http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_...refetch-XP.html5) ewido scan: Please download Ewido Security Suite it is a trial version of the program.Install ewido security suiteLaunch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop double-click it.The program will now go to the main screenYou will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.On the left hand side of the main screen click updateThen click on Start UpdateThe update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Ewido.Ewido manual updatesOnce the updates are installed do the following:Click on scannerClick on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.NOTE: During some scans with ewido it is finding cases of false positives.**... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/48770/windows-explorer-crashes-and-microsoft-explorer-slowdown/
Relevancy 80.41%

i don't know if its a virus or not but i know when i end iexplorer.exe my explorer doesn't crash, its only when its on that it crashes.

Relevancy 79.55%

Okay, I have this problem with my usual web browser Internet Explorer. For a while, I would use it with no problem. Sometimes, I would get error messages of something within it getting an error and having to close. However, the browser would continue to run with no problem. Then today, it was acting really sluggish, for example: it wouldn't open on regular command and when it opened, it came with some random pop-up that I just closed out. Now, I've clicked on it numerous times and now it won't even open. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but the problem persists. For now, I'm using firefox which determined some registry errors. I don't know if that has any connections with why IE is screwed up. But I want to know whats going on with my IE browser.

A:Windows Internet Explorer won't open

I suggest, you start new topic in "Am I Infected?" forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/335625/windows-internet-explorer-wont-open/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. As you will probably find out, I'm not the most computer savvy, but I have a problem with my computer. Everytime I try to open Internet Explorer to access the internet, a message comes up that says "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If problem continues, contact vendor." I contacted my internet provider and they told me it was a problem with the windows environment that runs Explorer, and that I need to have someone "fix" it or have Windows reloaded.

Any thoughts? How do I fix this? Is it something I can do myself?

Thanks in advance,
Burm

A:Windows 95 won't open Internet Explorer

The first thing to do is press the "details" button in your error message and tell us what it says exactly.
We need the AppName and the ModName displayed there.

And please do this:

Go to http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads.php#det , and download 'Hijack This!'.
Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log somewhere, and please show us its contents.

Most of what it lists will be harmless, so don't fix anything yet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-95-wont-open-internet-explorer.127689/
Relevancy 79.55%

For the last few weeks when I try to go to usual websites I frequently get quot Windows Internet Explorer cannot open web page quot If you run the diagnostic that pops up it can t find anything Type in the desired location a second time and thre s about a chance it will open The frequency of this has increased to the point of it happening nearly every time I change pages on the same site E-bay Bank of America Exxon I don t have any quot children s controls quot in effect no children Avira Superantispy ware Malware bytes find nothing I m putting my quot keepers quot on a MY Book Elite as I get time in order to do a completely Clean Install of Windows Ultimate bit which is what I clean installed in January For now I d like to get it running for an hour at a time without these twice a minute notices I looked into uninstalling Internet Explorer and reinstalling it but the microsoft site won t let me I keep Avira current the others mentioned plus Spyware blaster My hard drive is probably unused or free of stuff I m no gamer or heavy user Any ideas would be appreciated Thank you

A:Windows Internet Explorer cannot open

You might want to click your TOOLS tab at top right of IE.

Choose INTERNET OPTIONS then ADVANCE then near bottom you will see RESET, this resets IE back to default.

You may also want to check your ADD-ONs and see if you have too many which are causing you any issues you will find that option under the PROGRAMS tab and its the second button down called manage add-ons.

Make sure your SECURITY zones are not set too high for internet.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329438/windows-internet-explorer-cannot-open/
Relevancy 79.55%

Okay, I have this problem with my usual web browser Internet Explorer. For a while, I would use it with no problem. Sometimes, I would get error messages of something within it getting an error and having to close. However, the browser would continue to run with no problem. Then today, it was acting really sluggish, for example: it wouldn't open on regular command and when it opened, it came with some random pop-up that I just closed out. Now, I've clicked on it numerous times and now it won't even open. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but the problem persists. For now, I'm using firefox which determined some registry errors. I don't know if that has any connections with why IE is screwed up. But I want to know whats going on with my IE browser.

version I'm currently using: windows XP (home)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/335760/windows-internet-explorer-wont-open/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi there...i think im infected by something on my computer. Everytime I open IE (Internet Explorer) theres some kind of ad/banner of somesort. Its not that anoying...but along with that i get 4 or 5 pop up ads a minute...i have a pop up blocker so dont say that...so what can i do ? Any useful advice would be greatly appreciated! i have a Hijack file but should i post it here?

A:Pop Ups At The Top Of Internet Explorer When I Open It....windows Xp Pro

Hi SimonPlease post your "HijackThis" log in a new topic in the forum found here. Please add your system infomation and also what problems you are having. Please wait for a few days and one of our experts will get onto fixing your computer for you. David

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43035/pop-ups-at-the-top-of-internet-explorer-when-i-open-itwindows-xp-pro/
Relevancy 79.12%

Starting yesterday every few minutes a message comes up that windows explorer has stopped working then restarts I've run a sfc scannow cbs log below Within the cmd exe it says that quot Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them quot I've run a dskchk f which did not resolve the issue I've run malwarebytes free version which found no issue In safe mode the popup doesn't appear but the start and shortcut bar flickers out for a few seconds and returns similar to in regular mode Event view explanation of one of the messages Faulting application name Explorer EXE version time stamp x d minutes. every crashes (explorer.exe) Explorer Windows few ee Faulting module name ntdll dll version time stamp x dba e Exception code xc Fault offset x e d Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x cea f ee Faulting application path C Windows Explorer EXE Faulting module Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) crashes every few minutes. path C Windows SYSTEM ntdll dll Report Id e ce f- d c- e -b - cf e e a

A:Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) crashes every few minutes.

Hello Wakkarr and welcome to Seven Forums.

Since the problem just started yesterday, have you tried using System Restore?

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302407-windows-explorer-explorer-exe-crashes-every-few-minutes.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi there I was recently infected with Virtumonde and posted this thread on Internet Won't Open Explorer Runs, Windows But Tech Support Guy for help After following that user's instructions and apparently purging my system of the malware Internet Explorer has started behaving strangely sometimes when I click its icon no window appears I can click it a number of times before I finally get a window but then there are two or more iexplorer exe processes running in Task Manager Also the invisible processes have half or less the memory usage of Internet Explorer Runs, But Won't Open Windows their normally-running windowed brothers for example k instead of k - ostensibly because it isn't showing a window These dead processes are also playing havoc when I shutdown Windows - they do not respond to the shutdown and instead pop up a 'Program Not Responding' window This often leads to puzzlement and frustration after I've turned off my monitor and expected my computer to follow suit as the 'Program Not Responding' window is waiting for my 'End Now' before it can I have posted the above in the Tech Support Guy thread but I thought it might speed things up if I had a second opinion from Bleeping Computer Thanks in advance

A:Internet Explorer Runs, But Won't Open Windows

You might still have some bad settings in there. Run a full scan with www.superantispyware.com and then reinstall your internet explorer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/124199/internet-explorer-runs-but-wont-open-windows/
Relevancy 78.69%

My son's laptop recently crashed and I cleaned up the viruses that had caused the problems It's up and running just fine using Chrome and Firefox but IE refuses to open Uninstall Internet - Not Will 10 bit 7, 64 Explorer Windows or Open We get a window that has the look of IE but with an empty address bar and nothing inside the box We Internet Explorer 10 Will Not Open or Uninstall - Windows 7, 64 bit get the blue spinning circle for about seconds before it and the window disappear I believe he's been using IE but he's not completely sure When I go to Control Panel Programs and Features View Installed Updates Windows Internet is listed If I try to uninstall it I get a small msg box that reads An error has occurred Not all of the updates were successfully uninstalled There is no error number and all I can do is click OK If I download IE and try to install it I get a msg headed Internet Explorer did not finish installing with the verbiage Setup can't continue because a more recent version of Internet Explorer is installed on your computer Once again OK is the only option I have gone to Control Panel Internet Options Advanced tab and performed a Reset and a restore of the advanced options Nothing Because of the crash he has no restore points available Additionally I've now discovered that I cannot install Malwarebytes getting an ieframe dll or one of its dependencies not currently registered a file is missing or invalid Ideas

A:Internet Explorer 10 Will Not Open or Uninstall - Windows 7, 64 bit

My advice to you is do a new, clean install.

That malware hit the laptop experienced caused severe damage. I believe you still may not have control over it. You could spend another 5-8 hours wailing away at it to do the corrections still hurting the original install. A new one will cost you about three; (there will be over a hundred updates). Save the stuff you don't want to lose to an external.

With W7, there is no difference between OEM and retail like in the past. You will use the product key on the bottom of the machine.

With the help of another computer, download the exact flavor of W7 you have from Digital River, and burn to dvd disc. I do not like OEM recoveries because of all the bloatware associated with them.

http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24209.iso

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/285051-internet-explorer-10-will-not-open-uninstall-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I have no viruses  that scanner  find. no malware shows in scans. It opens well at times the freezes if idle a short time. 
   Need all help I can get. Had a tech look at it and  he didn't find the problem. When it freezes, it greys out and have to do hard shutdown which I hate to do.
                  I have used malware bytes ,   Avast. I had Iolo installed but it quit working after  updates auto installed.  all help appreciated

A:Internet Explorer very slow to open in windows 7.

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting promp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564577/internet-explorer-very-slow-to-open-in-windows-7/
Relevancy 78.69%

My computer, just as of today, is unable to open multiple browser windows of IE 6. I"m running windows XE.

When I press CTRL-N or just go to open a second window from the file menu, it just repeats the page I currently have open, but still in the same window.

Any help would be great. Thanks...
Chris

A:Can't open multiple internet explorer windows

Are you running a pop-up blocker? If so, hold down your ctrl key when you click on open new window.This may be due to a malware BHO.Are you using these basic security programs?(They're all free.)a? free - a complementary product to antivirus software which is specialized in protection against harmful software. Antivirus software often features an inadequate protection against Trojans, Dialers and Spyware. a? fills this gap.Ad-Aware - A good program similar to SpyBot S & D.Spybot S&D - Detects and removes spyware, of different types, from your computer.SpywareBlaster - A good program that prevents spyware from being installed on your computer in the first place. This program is always running in the background, protecting your computer. It prevents the installation of bad active X controls found in web pages.SpywareGuard - A nice compliment to SpywareBlaster. This allows you the option to prevent downloads that contain bad active X controls.If not, you need to. These programs, updated and used regularly, will do a lot to keep your computer clean of spyware, trojans, keyloggers, browser hijackers, etc...Download them, update them, and then run them.Important:Please read this tutorial on Spybot S&D before using it. Spybot can do SERIOUS damage, if not used properly.If that doesn't help, then:Read the pinned post in the HijackThis forum, here Please read, and follow, all directions carefully.Then, run a log, and post it in the HJT forum, at this link. Do not, fix anything, yet.A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.It may take a while to get a response, because the HJT Team are very busy. Please, be patient, these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.NOTE:Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21058/cant-open-multiple-internet-explorer-windows/
Relevancy 78.69%

when i start internet explorer multiple windows of my home page open up as well. Sometimes is ten or less opening at the same time. I can usually close them but it is really anoying and i fear i may be infected. However i have done full scans with McAfee with a trojan coming up the first time but the problem persists. If i could get some help i would appreciate it. Also im having problems on the internet. when i click on the links google, or any search engine gives me back after a search the link usually takes me to another website like a gambling website or else. I have no idea why this is happening so any help would be appreciated

A:multiple internet explorer windows open

Hello and welcome. First I will be moving this from Web Browsing to Am I infected forum.Please run these and we'll see where we are.Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop. alternate download linkSave any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser! Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator. Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion. Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Follow with SAS:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the P... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276971/multiple-internet-explorer-windows-open/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi
I have windows 7 ultimate on my hp laptop. for a month now, I cannot open window media player. When I click to open wmp, it does not do anything. If I go to song and click play, it gives me server execution failed error. And now, I cannot open internet explore 32bits. But, I can open internet explorer 64 bits. Please guide me thru to the solution of this problem. thanks

A:Cannot open wmp and internet explorer on windows 7 ultimate.

It seems like you are not alone with this issue, try googling your problem and you will come up with serveral hundred hits right off.You must be using Windows Media player 12.You may try the steps as below and check if the issue gets fixed, Lets try these three troubleshooting methods first and verify if it is resolved.Method 1.Now you have to stop the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service and check for the issue, to do that you need to follow the steps provided below. 1. Control Panel -- Administrative Tools -- Services. Find the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service, open it, click on Stop to stop the service. 2. Close Windows Media Player 12 if it is started. 3. input %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player\ to Windows Explorer to find the folder. 4. Move all files in the folder to another place as a backup. Note: Move files in the specific folder will reset database. 5. Restart Windows Media Player to see if we can add files to Library now. Method 2. 1. Click on Start and in the search bar type cmd.exe2. Right click on cmd.exe and click on Run as Administrator3. In the command prompt type the following command net localgroup "Administrators" "NT Authority\Local Service" /add 4. Press enter and restart the computerMethod 3.Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Windows Media Player:Step 1.Uninstalling the Windows Media Player:1. Go to Start and in the search type "Turn Windows features On or Off".2. Click on "Turn Windows features On or Off".3. Browse to the Media Features and uncheck the mark in front of Windows Media Player.4. Restart the computer Step 2.Reinstalling the Windows Media Player:1. Go to Start and in the search type "Turn Windows features On or Off".2. Click on "Turn Windows features On or Off".3. Browse to the Media Features and place a check mark in front of Windows Media Player.4. Restart the Computer.Try playing the file now.If this does not work we move to method 4.Method 4.Open the Windows 7 RUN command and type the following.SFC /SCANNOWAllow it to scan your windows files for problems, if it finds any, make sure you have your Windows 7 installation disk handy.This may not correct your problem and if it does not, we have to look at what other programs you have that might be causing conflicts.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384120/cannot-open-wmp-and-internet-explorer-on-windows-7-ultimate/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello I am having a problem loading the windows update page. Whenever I try to open it, it tells me "internet explorer cannot display the webpage" and I also get redirected to different websites then the ones that I click on when I do a search in google. I recently ran Malwarebytes, Super AntiSpyware and AVG and erased a whole bunch of Trojans and such spyware. I have ran scans and everything now comes up clean and the computer is running good, I just have this problem still. Any help??

Thanks, Rob

A:Can't open windows update and Internet Explorer redirects.

Do you have the logs from those scans?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/313348/cant-open-windows-update-and-internet-explorer-redirects/
Relevancy 77.83%

pls help me.. ive got problem with my laptop. when i try to open my folder, my monitor starts blinking. a window internet explorer keeps flashing on and off. it started when tried to put a password on one of my folder using zip. i just copy what i saw in youtube. vista home premium.
thanks a lot.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/170301-windows-internet-explorer-keeps-flashing-off-when-trying-open-folder.html
Relevancy 77.83%

IE very slow to open when network connected Problem also affects control panel Other Slow - Explorer Windows F397jcl7.exe Open And Internet To my computer etc When network disconnected windows open normally and once IE is opened internet can be accessed at Internet Explorer And Other Windows Slow To Open - F397jcl7.exe normal speed by reconnecting the network cable I've used adaware spybot yahoo anti-spy housecall which found some issues which I deleted macafee Internet Explorer And Other Windows Slow To Open - F397jcl7.exe which reports Internet Explorer And Other Windows Slow To Open - F397jcl7.exe on-access problems periodically which can't be cleaned moved or deleted Any help with the attached log gratefully received Thanks Paul Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXEC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exeC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exeC WINDOWS System igfxtray exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Research Machines InterWrite IWStarter exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk rd yahoo com customize ycomp def m info ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http uk rd yahoo com customize ycomp def uk yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http uk yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk rd yahoo com customize ycomp def uk yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer proxy meadowvale bracknell-forest sch uk F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO d dll - CF C F-A - -B -FD D D D - C DOCUME MARGAR APPLIC Diag diag dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONEO - HKLM Run Omnipage C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exeO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKeyO - HKLM Run iymgeyqte C WINDOWS System ttaetoh exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run f jcl C WINDOWS System f jcl exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Global Startup InterWrite Starter lnk O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res c PROGRA MICROS Offic... Read more

A:Internet Explorer And Other Windows Slow To Open - F397jcl7.exe

Hi there and welcome to Bleeping Computer ! As you may have noticed already, the forums are very busy at the moment and i have noticed your log has gone unanswered so far!We look at the oldest logs first, and we were wondering that if you still need help, please start by posting a new HijackThis log in this topic and i will then be able to take a look!Thanks very much David

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/36265/internet-explorer-and-other-windows-slow-to-open-f397jcl7exe/
Relevancy 77.83%

When anything happens that will open a new internet explorer window (pop-up, user wants multiple windows, etc.), the current window will close before the new window pops up. I don't know what the problem is. Can you help me?
Thanks

A:Solved: I can't open two internet explorer windows at the same time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-cant-open-two-internet-explorer-windows-at-the-same-time.338166/
Relevancy 77.83%

I can not open IE 9. No error messages are displayed to give me any clues as to what is going on. I tried installing Google Chrome and, like IE 9, it will not open either. Currently, I can only get Firefox to open. I have scanned the laptop using ESET's online scanner, which found nothing. I also scanned with MSE with the same results. No infections of any form are found. Any thoughts as to what I can do to further troubleshoot this issue? Many thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

A:Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Internet Explorer 9 won't open ....

I might also mention, SuperantiSpyware was also used to scan the pc and, like the others, also found no problems. I am stumped ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/210549-windows-7-home-premium-x64-internet-explorer-9-wont-open.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I've tried to reinstall IE 6 but it gives me an error stating that a file si missing and repairing it does nothing for me.What do i do.

A:Internet Explorer is screwed up (pop-up windows don't open and no statusbar)

For now try a different browser,I use Moxilla firefox and Netscape.My explorer got screwed up with spyware and took a month to figure it out.I like moxilla firefox,blocks pop-ups and better security than explorer.It will import all your favorites also.Always good to have more than 1 browser in case one has problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-is-screwed-up-pop-up-windows-dont-open-and-no-statusbar.270757/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hey guys I've had this problem for a while actually but I've just ignored it I've been using Firefox and VLC Player but now I need Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer for something but I cannot get them to work Your help would be appreciated I was told to copy and paste my HiJackLog here Hopefully someone can help me Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Internet Media Windows Explorer Player and Open Not Do v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes c program files Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player Do Not Open x grasssoft mouse recorder MacroServiceWnd exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player Do Not Open C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files x Portrait Displays Pivot Software wpCtrl exe C Program Files x Portrait Displays Pivot Software floater exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files x Last fm LastFM exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exe C Users Aaron AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player Do Not Open ex e C Users Aaron Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY vilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY vilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY vilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Canon Easy-WebPrint EX BHO - D AD-BFFF- F -BF B-A C FED - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexbho dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - Toolbar Canon Easy-WebPrint EX - D - C F- -BAB - A F C C F - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexhlp dll O - Toolbar no name - - E ED C- CB - D -B E -AB C C - no file O - Toolbar no name - - FEBEFE ... Read more

A:Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player Do Not Open

Can anyone help with this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/internet-explorer-and-windows-media-player-do-not-open-493371.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hey guys I ve had this problem for a while actually but I ve just ignored it I ve been using Firefox and VLC Player but now I need Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer for something but I cannot get them to work Your help would be appreciated I was told to copy and paste my HiJackLog here Hopefully someone can help me Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes c program files x grasssoft mouse recorder MacroServiceWnd exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update and Not Internet Explorer Media Do Open Player Windows hpwuSchd exe C Program Files x Portrait Displays Pivot Software wpCtrl exe C Program Files Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player Do Not Open x Portrait Displays Pivot Software floater exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files x Last fm LastFM exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exe C Users Aaron AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Users Aaron Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player Do Not Open R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en ca amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en ca amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en ca amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Canon Easy-WebPrint EX BHO - D AD-BFFF- F -BF B-A C FED - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexbho dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - Toolbar Canon Easy-WebPrint EX - D - C F- -BAB - A F C C F - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexhlp dll O - T... Read more

A:Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player Do Not Open

Can anyone help with this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-and-windows-media-player-do-not-open.931831/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi guys,
this problem really bothers me which about crash of explorer.exe when i open a specific folder and that is part of problem details i get

problem event name: appcrach
application name: explorer.exe
application version:6.1.7601.17514
fault module name: msvcrt.dll

Please people help meeeee

A:explorer crashes when i open a certain folder

take a look at this thread http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...rer-crash.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/214976-explorer-crashes-when-i-open-certain-folder.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello I was attacked by spyware Crashes Explorer.exe I When Open Any Window a few days ago and ever since whenever I try to open My Computer My Documents or any other Explorer Window explorer exe crashes once this rundll exe process starts If I stop the rundll Explorer.exe Crashes When I Open Any Window process and restart explorer it comes Explorer.exe Crashes When I Open Any Window up again until I try opening a window I have used Adaware Spybot SD and SUPERAntiSpyware to remove most of the virus but none of them seem able to find this remnant causing rundll to kill my explorer Anyway any help provided would be much appreciated Here is my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO IeCatch Class - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C PROGRA FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO no name - CE -EA C- - ED - D EEC F E - C WINDOWS system vtutt dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO HP Smart Web Printing - AE A AA-A - B -B -C E E FE - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing SmartWebPrinting dll O - BHO no name - BACEB AF- D - E- D - BEB A FE - C WINDOWS system mljhgde dll O - BHO no name - E B F E- B - E -A C-A F - C Program Files Internet Explorer hopecefyr dll file missing O - BHO no name - FEE F - BD- CB-A D- FB FD AAD - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet fgiebar dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX Exe O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - HKCU Run Qlpvgy quot C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data pPatch d xplore exe quot O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Extra context menu item amp Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htm O - Extra context menu item Download All by FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item Download using FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc link htm O - Extra co... Read more

Relevancy 77.4%

A friend of mine bought a laptop with Vista Home Premium from Bestbuy cry It's a decent laptop however it's been ridden with problems since she started using it What I've done may or may not be pertinent I had a chance to look into it today and fix most of her problems it had no viruses but it was very poorly configured I brought it up to date with MS Updates installed and ran NOD Ad-Aware restored IE to itr's default levels then tweaked it so we could actually download files from the internet Set her up with Firefox Uninstalled her Explorer.exe crashes open when I Hotmail non-working MS Office Student edition no serial and installed Open Office The current problem The whole point of the above was so that she could get into hotmail download some XLS files edit them and send them back About - Explorer.exe crashes when I open Hotmail of the time when she opens her inbox by either browsing to it in Firefox or IE once she logs in explorer exe will crash and the page will not display When she does get in she can download the files but she cannot upload anything because she gets the same explorer exe crash of the time This happens with any file on any hotmail account we've logged into It doesn't give a cause or error Gmail works fine so she's using that in the mean time Google didn't lead to anything useful so far Can you please give any advise She's using an HP Laptop don't know the exact make Has an AMD Athalon tm X Dual-Core Processor TK- She doesn't have the Vista OS disk or a drivers disk but I have spare Vista OS DVDs and I can Dl the drivers if needed

A:Explorer.exe crashes when I open Hotmail

Hmm. Is there anything I may be able to add to the above to make it easier to troubleshoot? Anything I should be aware of?

Anything at all apart from a full re-format to resolve this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/explorer-exe-crashes-when-i-open-hotmail-257731.html
Relevancy 77.4%

sorry because my windows is installed in portuguese any word you cant understand in the folder ill transelate it an antecipated thanks for the help Here is my hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe a =/ the folder when explorer.exe crashes i open C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Programas Software WIDCOMM Bluetooth bin btwdins exe C Programas Ficheiros comuns LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Programas MATLAB webserver bin win matlabserver exe C Programas Ficheiros comuns Microsoft Shared VS when i open a folder the explorer.exe crashes =/ Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Programas Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Programas Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Programas ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Programas QuickTime qttask exe C Programas iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Programas Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Programas HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Programas Java jre bin jusched exe C Programas hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Programas Ficheiros comuns InterVideo SchSvr SchSvr exe C Programas InterVideo Common when i open a folder the explorer.exe crashes =/ Bin WinRemote exe C hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe C Programas WhenUSearch Search exe C Programas iPod bin iPodService exe C Programas merdas DAEMON Tools daemon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Programas Messenger msmsgs exe C Programas Software WIDCOMM Bluetooth BTTray exe C Programas SAGEM SAGEM F st - dslmon exe C Programas HPQ shared hpqwmi exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system temp exe C PROGRA SOFTWA BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Programas Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Programas Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Pedro Martins Ambiente de trabalho HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www sapo pt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Hiperliga es F - REG win ini load C WINDOWS svchost exe O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Programas Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programas Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO CVirtualDNSObj Object - C E - EF- - F- BE A - C WINDOWS VirtualDNS dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Programas MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO WhenUSearch Helper - BA ED-F EB- - FCE- BC B B - C Programas WhenUSearch search dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Programas MSN Apps MSN Toolbar pt-br msntb dll O - Toolbar Ver HP - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C Programas HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Programas Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Programas MSN Apps MSN Toolbar pt-br msntb dll O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Programas Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Programas Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Programas ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Programas HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Programas QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Programas iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Programas Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Programas HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe Start O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Programas Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Programas hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe O - HKLM Run Home Theater SchSvr quot C Programas Ficheiros... Read more

A:when i open a folder the explorer.exe crashes =/

Hi.....

C\WINDOWS\system32 is the correct location for the file svchost.exe not where it is now.........

Go to Start > run, type cmd

At the prompt enter:

del C\WINDOWS\svchost.exe

Press enter.

Browse to:C\WINDOWS\Prefetch and delete everything in there.......Use safe mode if needed.

Uninstall the following programs (if they still exist) Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc.Tools->Open Uninstall manager

C:\Programas\Save
C:\Programas\WhenUSearch

Have "Hijack This" fix all the following items in the list below by placing a check in the appropriate boxes.Confirm that you have only the listed ones checked, then press <Fix checked> and Close HJT.

F3 - REG:win.ini: load=C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe
O2 - BHO: CVirtualDNSObj Object - {86C510E9-97EF-4749-914F-0280247BE3A6} - C:\WINDOWS\VirtualDNS.dll
O2 - BHO: WhenUSearch Helper - {BA2325ED-F9EB-4830-8FCE-0BC35B16969B} - C:\Programas\WhenUSearch\search.
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WhenUSearch] "C:\Programas\WhenUSearch\Search.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WhenUSearchWHSE] "C:\Programas\WhenUSearch\whse.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WhenUSave] "C:\Programas\Save\Save.exe"

Open Windows Explorer and delete the following red folder/s

C:\Programas\ Save
C:\Programas\ WhenUSearch

Reboot and post a new HJT log....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/when-i-open-a-folder-the-explorer-exe-crashes-135106.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi i am new at this so bear with me CRASHING SLOW, WINDOWS EXPLORER explorer) internet VANISHING FILES (not INTERNET lol We have just moved our XP computer into the living room and connected it to a kb dial-up connection We installed AVG WINDOWS EXPLORER CRASHING (not internet explorer) INTERNET SLOW, FILES VANISHING and everything was running fine Now we've installed Windows Live OneCare Family safety on the machine so we can monitor my borther and sisters internet usage Now the computer runs extremely slowely Windows Explorer continually crashes meaning we have great difficulty opening My Documents and My Computer or anything that requires Explorer to open As well as this now the internet is majorly WINDOWS EXPLORER CRASHING (not internet explorer) INTERNET SLOW, FILES VANISHING slow even for bloomin dial-up we used to get at least kbps but now its shot down to between and kbps AVG is now continuously scanning even outside of scheduled scans and constantly wants to update S And finally i WINDOWS EXPLORER CRASHING (not internet explorer) INTERNET SLOW, FILES VANISHING have now noticed that small files i dont use very frequently have begun to dissapear from the system music files images word docs etc We have tried defragging it scandisk using AdAware SE Personal AVG Scans and they all come up with negligeable results As well as this now the pc wont install files for Trend Micro Online scans to run so we cant even work it out that way S I have a suspicion this could be something to do with OneCare or Multiple Viruses in the system that have somehow hidden themselves from AVG PLEASE PLEASE HELP

A:WINDOWS EXPLORER CRASHING (not internet explorer) INTERNET SLOW, FILES VANISHING

This sounds like a virus, have you tried running a hijackthis log?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-crashing-not-internet-explorer-internet-slow-files-vanishing-311449.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS System gearsec exeC WINDOWS system HPConfig Folders With Open Can't Logfile Windows -- Explorer Help Hijackthis Internet Or exeC Program Files HPQ Notebook Utilities HPWirelessMgr exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS system carpserv exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files HPQ One-Touch OneTouch EXEC Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exeC Program Help With Hijackthis Logfile -- Can't Open Windows Folders Or Internet Explorer Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXEC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exeC WINDOWS system cmd exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC New Folder HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exeO - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exeO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Display Settings C Program Files HPQ Notebook Utilities hptasks exe sO - HKLM Run QT HPOT C Program Files HPQ One-Touch OneTouch EXEO - HKLM Run RoxioEngineUtility quot C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared System EngUtil exe quot O - HKLM Run RoxioDragToDisc quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE quot backgroundO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup AL- Status Monitor lnk C Program Files AL- engss exeO - Global Startup Billminder lnk C Program Files Quicken billmind exeO - Global Startup Quicken Scheduled Updates lnk C Program Files Quicken bagent exeO - Global Startup Quicken Startup lnk C Program Files Quicken QWDLLS EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dllO - ... Read more

A:Help With Hijackthis Logfile -- Can't Open Windows Folders Or Internet Explorer

Sorry for the delay. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/59774/help-with-hijackthis-logfile-cant-open-windows-folders-or-internet-explorer/
Relevancy 76.97%

I've been browsing the tutorials and other forums but couldn't find anything on this issue. So, if it's possible, how can I make Internet Explorer open more tabs than usual. I really work a lot with internet, and being able to open at least 10 windows when I initialize IE would be great.
I've also tried to change the language of my IE but failed miserably, I've tried every single option in the tools menu, to no avail. Some help with that would be appreciated as well.
thx!

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/221361-internet-explorer-how-open-more-tabs-windows-than-usualy-allowed.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Internet Explorer windows and Firefox tabs open automatically when running and are directed to and automatically windows tabs internet open firefox explorer malware-suspicious URLs A filter of mine is thankfully blocking internet explorer windows and firefox tabs open automatically the connection I read a closed string in this forum where the other victim was apparently helped successfully by quot gringo quot I followed the first set of instructions in that string to investigate and am posting the results below files from DDS and one from GMER Can anyone please give me a hint on how to solve my problem or direct me Microsoft System Restore doesn t allow me to restore to any of its points so I m at my wit s end here DDS UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED DO NOT POST THIS LOG IF REQUESTED ZIP IT UP amp ATTACH ITDDS Ver - - Microsoft Windows XP Home EditionBoot Device Device HarddiskVolume Install Date PMSystem Uptime PM hours ago Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD Gamila Giovani Neon seriesProcessor Intel reg Pentium reg CPU GHz Socket mhz Disk Partitions C is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is FIXED FAT - GiB total GiB free E is CDROM CDFS F is RemovableK is RemovableL is RemovableM is Removable Disabled Device Manager Items System Restore Points RP AM - System CheckpointRP AM - System CheckpointRP AM - Removed HP Deskjet Preloaded Printer DriversRP AM - System CheckpointRP AM - System CheckpointRP AM - Software Distribution Service RP AM - System CheckpointRP AM - System CheckpointRP AM - System CheckpointRP PM - Restore OperationRP PM - System CheckpointRP AM - System CheckpointRP AM - System CheckpointRP AM - System CheckpointRP AM - System CheckpointRP AM - System CheckpointRP AM - System CheckpointRP AM - System CheckpointRP PM - System CheckpointRP PM - System CheckpointRP PM - System CheckpointRP PM - System CheckpointRP AM - Restore OperationRP PM - System CheckpointRP AM - Restore OperationRP PM - Restore OperationRP PM - System CheckpointRP PM - System CheckpointRP PM - System CheckpointRP PM - System CheckpointRP PM - System CheckpointRP PM - System CheckpointRP PM - System CheckpointRP PM - System CheckpointRP PM - System CheckpointRP PM - System CheckpointRP PM - System CheckpointRP PM - System CheckpointRP PM - System CheckpointRP PM - Restore OperationRP PM - Restore OperationRP PM - Restore Operation Installed Programs Ad-AwareAdobe Flash Player ActiveXAdobe Flash Player PluginAdobe Photoshop Album Starter EditionAdobe Reader Adobe Shockwave Player AiO ScanAIOMinimalAiOSoftwareAnswerWorks English RuntimeApple Application SupportApple Mobile Device SupportApple Software UpdateArthur s st GradeArthur s Thinking GamesAutodesk Inventor Baggin the Dragon PS - st GradeBeauty and the Beast Magical BallroomBlackhawk Striker from Compaq remove only Blasterball from Compaq remove only Blue Coat K Web Protection BonjourBounce Symphony from Compaq remove only Canon MP Navigator EX Canon MP series MP DriversCanon Utilities My PrinterCanon Utilities Solution MenuCitrix Presentation Server Client - Web OnlyClifford ReadingCompaq ConnectionsCompaq Instant SupportCopyCreativeProjectsCritical Update for Windows Media Player KB CutePDF Writer DirectorDisney s Mickey Mouse KindergartenDisney s Winnie the Pooh KindergartenDocProcDr Seuss ToddlerDreamship TalesExcavation from Compaq remove only Family Lawyer FaxFive Card Frenzy from Compaq remove only FL RegistrationGoogle EarthGoogle Update HelperGoogle UpdaterHotfix for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB Hotfix for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB Hotfix for Windows Media Format SDK KB Hotfix for Windows Media Player KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB -v Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB -v Hotfix for Windows XP KB -v Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB HP Image Zone HP PSC amp OfficeJet HP Software UpdatehpmdtabHpSdpAppCoreAppHPSystemDiagnosticsInstantShareIntel reg Extreme Graphics DriverIntelliMover Data Transfer DemoiTunesJava Runt... Read more

A:internet explorer windows and firefox tabs open automatically

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/339048/internet-explorer-windows-and-firefox-tabs-open-automatically/
Relevancy 76.97%

Windows Server R as a domain controller Internet Explorer Favorites are redirected to a Windows network share on the network Internet cannot in local Windows url Explorer share open server itself Issue When clicking a favourite redirected to nbsp the Windows network share IE does nothing nbsp For testing purpose I double click nbsp a nbsp url file in redirected Favorites e g domain controller profiles username Favorites website url IE opens with a blank page nbsp If the url file is placed nbsp at local drive or nbsp a Samba share e g in a Synology box probably it does not really matter as long as it is a network share residing in another computer Internet Explorer cannot open url in local Windows network share nbsp IE works fine The issue applies to every one probably except Administrator nbsp logged on the domain controller I tried reset IE nbsp It did not work Favourites redirection works on Windows client computers in the domain Pinned Site Shortcut website file works everywhereWhen Enable Protected Mode in Internet Options Security Internet is disabled IE can open url file in a Windows network share nbsp But it is probably not a good idea to permanently disable it Any suggestion on fixing the issue nbsp Thank you

A:Internet Explorer cannot open url in local Windows network share

tried ProcMon, the events captured are enormous even after I filtered out those I am sure do not matter.  It was hard to spot what went wrong if I don't know what to look for. 

Which is why I made the suggestion to filter coarsely and wait for a divergence in your two nearly equivalent traces.   <eg>
Otherwise, if you are only looking at one trace but think that there is a possibility that some diagnostics may have been written, filtering with 
Operation Is WriteFile  is often very handy.  With that filter you can also use the Count occurrences... tool for the number of distinct  Path  values which were involved.
In fact, now that I have reviewed the symptom description, filtering coarsely might also mean using only the File Access events and filtering with  Path Contains Fav   Do that with each of your traces and see where there is a divergence. 
Then turn the filter off at that point or perhaps just add Registry events at that point (e.g. use the button but leave your filter for  Path in place).  Etc.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0e1a16c3-5c33-42ba-bb06-238f164d1999/internet-explorer-cannot-open-url-in-local-windows-network-share?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.97%

Whenever im on the internet and click a video file to open with Windows media player it errors and shuts down IE. Help??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-wont-open-in-internet-explorer.410780/
Relevancy 76.54%

recently i downloaded a .mkv video and put it into a specific folder. but when i try to open that folder, my windows explorer crashes. anyone knows what happened?

This is what it shows..

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.1.7601.17567
Application Timestamp: 4d6727a7
Fault Module Name: IcarosThumbnailProvider.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.2.4.301
Fault Module Timestamp: 5357a388
Exception Code: c00000fd
Exception Offset: 0002f567
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 30ee
Additional Information 2: 30ee64d5707a1d08859d28308f408c64
Additional Information 3: 0cd2
Additional Information 4: 0cd2397a0e42e60326a9ca4d755bca46

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

A:explorer.exe crashes when i open certain .mkv video folder

Quote:
Fault Module Name: IcarosThumbnailProvider.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.2.4.301
Fault Module Timestamp: 5357a388

The problem is with the extension, not Explorer. I would check for an update or a newer version. Perhaps you didn't install required codecs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/329873-explorer-exe-crashes-when-i-open-certain-mkv-video-folder.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

Hoping someone can help!

When I login to my work machine and open explorer or anything, Explorer.exe crashes and restarts. Once its restarted I can no longer open any programs or explorer. If I right click on the shortcut it appears to be missing the "open" command and double clicking doesn't work either.

I have scanned for viruses, using Trend, Avast, AVG and Panda. I have also scanned for MAlware using Malware bytes & Spybot and they did not find anything.

I have also logged on as a different user, this works fine. After that I recreated the profile and still explorer.exe is doing the same

Any help is appreciated as I dont want to rebuild this workistation.

A:Explorer.exe crashes then lose ability to open anything

Most likely a bad 3rd party shell extension that was only installed in your profile.
To check this, use this free tool: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows

Selective disable the 3rd party (non-Microsoft) extensions to determine which one is causing the crashes.
Once you find out which one it is - re-enable it and then uninstall that program from your system.

Also, please provide this info so we can see if we can figure it out from the Event Viewer reports (even though you're not experiencing BSODs): http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/206636-explorer-exe-crashes-then-lose-ability-open-anything.html
Relevancy 76.54%

hi i have had this problem for some time, when i open a folder that contains an avi file, explorer crashes and says the memory cannto be written. it doesnt happen everytime but it happens a fair bit. is it something to do with the codecs?

any ideas anyone?

thanks, jon

A:Explorer crashes when i open folders with videos in

1. Please update your Internet Explorer iaw the latest Cumulative Security Update, issued two days ago.

2. Right-click My Computer, select Manage, go to the Event Viewer, and post back all Events that you consider relevant to the IE hanging.

3. Perform a cleanup of your system disc, including the Temporary Internet files for deletion.

4. In IE, go to the Tools menu -> Internet Options, and in the General tab, under the Temporary Internet files press the Settings... button and post back what you've got there, as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-crashes-when-i-open-folders-with-videos-in-104487.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I am so puzzled with this problem I have. I have Windows xp: Service Pack 3, and when I open Windows Internet Explorer 8, It turns white and closes almost immediately after I open it, or i'll open it and it'll turn white and stay like that for almost 10 minutes straight and do nothing. I tried resetting it in control panel, and it didn't help at all. Why doesn't it----referring to my browser;Windows Internet Explorer, work?

A:Windows Internet Explorer 8 turns white and closes almost immediately after i open it

If IE works properly when you start it without add-ons then it's possible that you could have an infection, but try these two MS fixits in this order first -

Fix Internet Explorer issues to make IE fast, safe and stable

Fix Internet Explorer add-on problems when IE hangs or freezes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-internet-explorer-8-turns-white-and-closes-almost-immediately-after-i-open-it-702580.html
Relevancy 76.11%

everytime i try to open windows explorer by either exploring a folder or pressing win+E, explorer causes an error and crashes. This has been happening since a few weeks ago, and I can't figure out why. any one have any ideas?

A:Windows explorer crashes explorer

i have seen it a few times but never got to the exact cause or solution
first try updating to win2000 sp3 and also use windows update to install any other critical updates
see if that sorts problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-crashes-explorer.105696/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi all to folder, crashes Unable any explorer.exe continuously open So my computer is almost unuseable right now When I start my computer afterputting in my password it logs on Unable to open any folder, explorer.exe continuously crashes slowly Unable to open any folder, explorer.exe continuously crashes Folders do not open and nothing open on the run prompt Computer just freezes However other program open included Google chrome malwarebytes etc Ccleaner doeas have an error it restarts but then works normally I was thinking windows could be corrupted I wanted to do a repair install but since explorer exe doesnt function the autoplay feature never loads either I have a bootable USB drive with windows I dont know how to get to the set up file without opening a folder I was reading that the repair can't be done on safemode I also wanted to rule out user profile corruption I got a profile thing briefly on there but that went away I did this How to fix a corrupt user profile in Windows - How-To - PC Advisor With the intention of opening another account but i got error xc I tried running sfc scannow in safemode but that caused the explorer exe restart and it never opens When I restarted my computer i did safe mode with command prompt That got it to run but its been stuck at for a long time now It then failed said could not perform the requested operation I tried verify only and that has gotten past I turned off the WiFi when it first started acting up and don't have the computer connected to wiresethernet at the moment Don't know if this matters The verifyonly gave me this reading Windows resource protection found integrity violations Details are included in the CBS log windir Logs CBS CBS log For example C windows logs cbs cbs log I don't want to do a clean install i have a few files I did not back up recently Any suggestions would be great

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384401-unable-open-any-folder-explorer-exe-continuously-crashes.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe Explorer, and Explorer Internet Windows Computer, System don't Restore work My C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Windows Explorer, My Computer, System Restore and Internet Explorer don't work system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C PROGRA LAUNCH CPLBCL EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS CameraFixer exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex Windows Explorer, My Computer, System Restore and Internet Explorer don't work exe C WINDOWS vsnp exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Documents and Settings Oliver Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Godzi com - FAE C-A F - AD- E -D CFB B - C WINDOWS system MSYSAM DLL O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run LaunchApp Alaunch O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run LManager C PROGRA LAUNCH CPLBCL EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run CameraFixer C WINDOWS CameraFixer exe O - HKLM Run tsnpstd C WINDOWS tsnpstd exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run snp C WINDOWS vsnp exe O... Read more

A:Windows Explorer, My Computer, System Restore and Internet Explorer don't work

Nevermind! My friend sent me a malware cleaner called "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" which cleared the problem right out. :D

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-explorer-my-computer-system-restore-and-internet-explorer-dont-work-302175.html
Relevancy 75.25%

hi there,

everytime i open internet explorer or netscape and click the FAVORITES on my other computer, it close automatically and popup a "sending report error"

i disabled error reporting services already but everytime i try to open the "windows explorer, internet explorer and netscape, it shows the sending error report. can't open the applications (IE, netscape and windows explorer)

i also try to run adaware and spybot but it hung at the middle of the process (frozen)

please help.

thanks

A:internet explorer, windows explorer and netscape sending report error

hi, welcome to TSG.

Download hijack this from the link below.Please do this. Click here:

http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe

to download HijackThis. Click scan and save a logfile, then post it here so
we can take a look at it for you. Don't click fix on anything in hijack this
as most of the files are legitimate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-windows-explorer-and-netscape-sending-report-error.452099/
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok, what in the world is going on with this? First off, I'm at THIS webpage because I had two IE windows open already. Not too long ago I attempted to open up a third, and I can't do it.

Every time I try to do so I get the error message that I put in this threads title. What can I do to resolve this?

A:"Internet Explorer could not open the search page." (I can't open any new IE windows!

I just found out another detail for you.

In the IE windows that are already open, when I click on a link that opens a new window on it's on...it works.

The only problem is when I try to manually open a new one myself. So, right now, I'm rather afraid to close all of the IE windows currently open and to restart my computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-could-not-open-the-search-page-i-cant-open-any-new-ie-windows.186623/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello I really hope place... Solved: over jumping the and all Explorer Internet Windows Explorer one Solved: Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer jumping all over the place... of you can help My desktop PC has suddenly developed a niggling little problem that means it is all but useless now When opening most programs IE Windows Explorer and Opera the screen gets caught in a juddering motion that seems to act like the software is switching between Restore Full Screen and Maximize functions at the rate of about switches a second As you can probably imagine this means the computer is more or less useless and it s getting very frustrating I ve called the shop where we bought it and got the usual quot It s not our problem try system restore or restore factory settings quot Tried system restore about days ago and no matter where I try to restore to it s having none of it and then I got stop in a lovely quot Packard Bell recovery program which includes the system restore program quot loop that stops actually being able to boot into Windows as it goes on a restarting loop again and again and again until all of a sudden it ll boot For this reason System Restore is now switched off so I can continue getting into Windows Programs not affected are Media Player Photoshop Outlook and RealPlayer plus others I assume this is a software issue but I would really like to be able to sort this without having to wipe the whole computer Please can anybody help nbsp

A:Solved: Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer jumping all over the place...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-explorer-and-windows-explorer-jumping-all-over-the-place.556474/
Relevancy 74.82%

About a week ago I turned on my laptop to find that Internet Explorer was freezing and crashing When it crashed I wouldn't get the normal Windows error -- Windows Unknown Explorer Explorer/Internet Mal-Vundo? instability reporting message but instead Windows Explorer froze and I was forced to restart When I restarted -- stupidly more than times in hours -- the first few times a few ad windows and anti-virus downloader screens popped up I scanned with Housecall and an infection with Mal-vundo came up that it couldn't repair I downloaded SpyBot AdAware and AVG free and not much popped up that I knew how to fix other than a dat file called c BA E and a few others I tried Unknown Windows Explorer/Internet Explorer instability -- Mal-Vundo? to delete these on reboot and it seemed to work for awhile Soon enough though both explorers were crashing again I've tried to avoid rebooting but I can't help it I'm not sure what else to do at this point Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files TELUS eCare Lite eCareTrayApp exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files TELUS eProtect Advisor TEPA exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files HP Connections Program HP Connections exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC PROGRA HEWLET Shared HPQTOA EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Windows system conime exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows system msfeedssync exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gleneaglemusic net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E... Read more

A:Unknown Windows Explorer/Internet Explorer instability -- Mal-Vundo?

Hello. I am PropagandaPanda (Panda or PP for short), and I will be helping you with your log.I apologize for the delay in response. We get overwhelmed with logs at times, but we are trying our best to keep up. If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favourites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. Doing so could cause changes to the directions I have to give you and prolong the time required. Further more, you should not be taking any advice relating to this computer from any other source throughout the course of this fix.If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself. Finally, please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Download and Run ATFCleanerPlease download ATF Cleaner by Atribune. This program will clear out temporary files before we run OTScanIt. You will likely be logged out of the forum where you are recieving help.This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main Select Files to Delete choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use any other browsers, select them appropriately from the top and empty all items.Download and Run OTScanItDownload OTScanIt by OldTimer to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt on your desktop.Open the OTScanIt folder and double-click on OTScanIt.exe to start the program. If you are running on Vista then right-click the program and choose Run as Administrator.Check the Scan all users box at the top left.Change the Drivers setting from "None" to Non-Microsoft.Under the Additional Scans bar, check:
*Reg - Bot Check
*Reg - Disabled MS Config Items
*Reg - File Associations
*Reg - Uninstall List

Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.Close Notepad (saving the change if necessary).Use the Add Reply button in the forum and Attach the scan back here (do not copy/paste it as it will be too big to fit into the post). It will be located in the OTScanIt folder and named OTScanIt.txt.Please also tell me of any changes you have made to your computer since your topic was started.If you do not make a reply in 5 days, we will need to close your topic.With Regards,The PandaImportant Note to Other Users Reading this Topic: The instructions provided in this topic below this point are for the original topic starter only. Even if you have similar problems or log entries to those given here, please do not follow the directions, especially those involving specific tools and scripts. Doing so can result in serious damage to your computer. Instead, please start your own topic. Feel free to link to any relevant topics as needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178626/unknown-windows-explorerinternet-explorer-instability-mal-vundo/
Relevancy 74.82%

Dear Tech guys I badly need your support Day before yesterday -Aug- night I upgraded the yahoo toolbar and used their norton Error related Windows to Internet Explorer) Runtime Explorer (not anti spy to scan Then I shut down the system and started to work the next day Every thing is perfectly ok except for one thing In Windows Explorer on any folder or drive if I double click or open I get a crash If I do explore then there is no problem Windows Explorer Runtime Error (not related to Internet Explorer) Below is the dialog Windows Explorer Runtime Error (not related to Internet Explorer) that comes whenever we double click or open for eg on C or any folder in the left side pane of the windows explorer If I just keep expanding the of the tree no problem only on clicking the item to open the following error occurs Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library program C Windows Explorer Windows Explorer Runtime Error (not related to Internet Explorer) exe This Application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Please contact the application s support team for more information I am running on Windows XP SP I dont have google toolbar I have yahoo tool bar installed I have tried uninstalling it and installing it again and other combinations as well I have also tried sfc scannow as well It did not work It doesnt look like any adware or spyware yahoo s norton spyware had done a complete run and no problems in the system as reported by them What should I do now to get back to normal operation of windows explorer Thanks and Regards Naga Kumar S nbsp

A:Windows Explorer Runtime Error (not related to Internet Explorer)

I would un-install the Yahoo Toolbar and then put Google Toolbar in, Then I would try to download .NET framework 2.0

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6b-356b-4a2c-857c-e62f50ae9a55&displaylang=en

and install it. If it tells you that you already have it re-install it anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-runtime-error-not-related-to-internet-explorer.498005/
Relevancy 74.82%

my win7 x86 sys infected by a virus. it was clean now. but now i can't open the Control panel. when i try to open it, it crashes the explorer.exe. I tried to open *.cpl in system32 folder seperately most of them restarts explorer.exe.. i don't want to reintall my win7. please help me...

A:Infected .cpl file, Crashes Explorer.exe when open Conrtol Panel

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause of infiltration an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete tab follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (n is a number).===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixLink 1Link 2IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you.Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note: Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493676/infected-cpl-file-crashes-explorerexe-when-open-conrtol-panel/
Relevancy 74.39%

This started happening three days ago and happens about once every day and now once every few hours After a certain amount of time Windows Internet etc. explorer, Windows media freezing/crashing explorer, player, many programs will suddenly freeze crash fail to show a window etc For example explorer exe will become nonresponsive internet explorer will crash and when restarted will lock up and become nonresponsive windows media player will not produce a window although wmplayer exe is launched and system restore will not display a window although rstrui exe is launched Before the first occurrence the programs work fine however after they experience that problem once Internet explorer, Windows explorer, Windows media player, etc. freezing/crashing they continue to experience the problem Also they seem to be Internet explorer, Windows explorer, Windows media player, etc. freezing/crashing somehow linked for example if internet explorer crashes and fails to display windows properly becomes nonresponsive trying to use Windows media player later will not work either I should also note that nothing is hogging the CPU during this time However some programs are completely unaffected For example Firefox works completely fine Office works fine Process explorer works fine along with most of my non-Windows programs What I amp m starting to guess is that there is some problem with my graphics related to parts of the operating system and programs close to it but I amp m not sure Most of the time simply restarting the computer doesn amp t solve the problem I system restore to provide a temporary fix by going into Safe Mode and starting system restore from there back to long before the problem ever occurred The problem is often gone for a day or so but then comes back even though I amp ve restored back very far I amp ve also tried booting from the amp Last known good configuration amp but that doesn amp t help either I also can amp t seem to find a definite trigger for the problem sometimes it amp s opening a new tab sometimes I just try to launch a program and the problem starts Again this problem just started a few days ago it amp s never occurred before Also I haven amp t installed any programs changed settings etc for a long time Some computer information that may help Dell XPS M Intel Core Duo T Ghz processor GB RAM Windows XP Service Pack Nvidia GEForce M GS MB DirectX c Internet Explorer Explorer exe version GDI dll version My apologies if it isn amp t enough if needed I amp ll supply more information Anyway if you have a solution to the problem I would greatly appreciate it Thanks Edit I found a definite trigger opening Windows explorer to C will crash it nbsp

A:Internet explorer, Windows explorer, Windows media player, etc. freezing/crashing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-windows-explorer-windows-media-player-etc-freezing-crashing.885014/
Relevancy 73.96%

there's this one thing I find windows explorer REALLY ANNOYING.

if I ever type the folder address wrong (missing a colon when my hands got sloppy) in the address bar, windows explorer automatically TURNS INTO internet explorer mode and does online search.

I don't even use IE any more except for automatic update. I wish there's a way windows explorer wouldn't automatically do it when I type the wrong folder.

I had the access disabled for internet explorer in the add/remove program, but it doesn't do jack to windows explorer from doing it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/prevent-windows-explorer-from-calling-internet-explorer.1025613/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,

I have a problem IE 7 in vista is showing windows explorer history.

What i mean is whatever folders i access could be seen in internet explorer.
if i access c:\windows it is seen in Internet explorer under the address bar.
Its really irritating.

Any solutions.

P.S. I still want the IE to show the normal web history.
Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-shows-windows-explorer-history.831941/
Relevancy 73.96%

I've never posted on a help forum before so please bear with me I Internet problems (Not Explorer) Windows Causing Explorer have a Dell Studio laptop running Windows Home Premium bit Windows Explorer is not working That is Windows Explorer not Internet Explorer It seemed like every forum I already checked this confused people The only Windows Explorer (Not Internet Explorer) Causing problems way I am able to communicate with you fine folks is to manually run Firefox using the Task Manager interface Here are the things I have tried and the things that I am incapable of trying and why I tried booting in safe mode Windows Explorer still would not work I tried booting with only the bare necessities through System Configuration msconfig by selecting Diagnostic Startup but the problem still occurred when I would boot to my desktop I tried doing a system restore to days ago before the problem ever occurred but it simply didn't seem to take as some software I installed just last night was still here when it booted That was a weird one I tried rebooting with a chkdsk r but I could not get this to work because in order to set that up you need to be able to run the command prompt with administrative privileges which I cannot because Windows Explorer is not working I feel that maybe there is some secret way to do a chkdsk without needing the command prompt but I couldn't find instructions anywhere I tried uninstalling the software that I believe to be the culprit which happens to be Skype Last night I received some pictures through Skype and whenever I tried to view them Windows Explorer would stop responding and need to restart I deleted the pictures but didn't think at the time to uninstall Skype I can't uninstall it now because I can't access the Programs section of the Control Panel because Windows Explorer doesn't work I tried repairing my OS install but the problem here is that I cannot eject my CD drive to insert the OS disk there is already a disk in there My computer is a Dell Studio and there is no physical way to eject the CD drive There is a touch sensitive button that I would press to eject the drive but I cannot use it because I don't have the necessary driver I would install the driver but I can't because Windows Explorer does not work there is no way to save it somewhere or even simply run the driver installer through firefox And going to Start gt My Computer and manually ejecting the drive that way doesn't work because Well Windows Explorer still doesn't work It's really discouraging how many things depend on Windows Explorer working properly I will gladly do a complete reinstall of my OS if somebody can fix my disk drive problem but obviously that is a last resort If I didn't provide enough information just tell me what you need Thanks in advance to anybody who can try to help me Edit I should clarify the problem is not that Windows Explorer won't launch it is that it tries to launch over and over every time giving an error to which I can either restart or check for solutions and restart It just gets stuck in an endless loop until I end the explorer exe process Just thought I should clear that up

A:Windows Explorer (Not Internet Explorer) Causing problems

Download Microsoft Security Essentials and run it to check for any virus'.
Link: Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204648-windows-explorer-not-internet-explorer-causing-problems.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hey, I am having problems with my other computer suddenly closing both Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer applications, such as Control Panel, My Computer, etc...(Windows XP Home Edition)
When i click on either one, lets say the my computer icon, a pop up of the my computer folder thing flashes for a split second then disappears, the computer freezes for about a second, shows only the desktop, then a few seconds later the icons start appearing on my desktop and my start taskbar comes back. The screen is back to normal with no lag, but the my computer pop up is no longer there. The same thing happens with internet explorer, but it just happens alot quicker.
Does anyone know what could possibly be the problem of this, and maybe how to fix it? Thank You in advance.

A:Windows Explorer + Internet Explorer Closing Immediately...

Did you do an anti-virus scan on your PC seems like a virus problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-internet-explorer-closing-immediately.296843/
Relevancy 73.96%

there's this one thing I find windows explorer REALLY ANNOYING.

if I ever type the folder address wrong (missing a colon when my hands got sloppy) in the address bar, windows explorer automatically TURNS INTO internet explorer mode and does online search.

I don't even use IE any more except for automatic update. I wish there's a way windows explorer wouldn't automatically do it when I type the wrong folder.

I had the access disabled for internet explorer in the add/remove program, but it doesn't do jack to windows explorer from doing it

A:stop windows explorer from calling internet explorer

The online part there is no control over it it's based on Keywords search engines.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-windows-explorer-from-calling-internet-explorer-610757.html
Relevancy 73.96%

During boot up I've got Windows Error Reporting with the following messages: "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close".
The report contained the following data:
Error signature_______
AppName. explorer.exe AppVer:6.0.2900.3156 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 000181ea

After I click either "Send report error" or "Dont send", the computer Freezes and I have toshutdown the computer using ON/OFF sw.

Same result when starting the computer in Safe mode. I've never got a chance to go past the bootup stage so cuold not access Event viewer.

Appreciate any help

Toshiba P25-S508 WinXP SP2 Zone Alarm Pro, Adaware, Spybot SD

Problem started when i turn the computer from hibernation mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-and-internet-explorer-fails-to-start-327287.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi, I have IE7 and Vista Home Premium. Some websites make IE crash... for example www.advfn.com - a shares monitoring site. Mostly IE works fine and a I can access the site above using an older laptop with XP. Are there some settings I need change maybe? Thank you!

A:Internet Explorer 7 crashes

Greetings you can download adobe slash player and see if that solves your problem also download fire fox 3.0 and see if it also crashes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-7-crashes.737948/
Relevancy 73.53%

every time i get online and my start page comes up it says this page cannot be displayed! i check my internet options and my connection settings and they always seems to change to use an proxy! can someone out there tell me how to keep my settings on my IE Browser so i dont have to keep resetting it. i use windows xp and IE 6

A:internet explorer crashes!

you may have spyware
follow these instructions
http://forums.techguy.org/t157045.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-crashes.228622/
Relevancy 73.53%

My problem is that my Internet Explorer keeps crashing I have to reboot my computer and then IE is good for about five minutes before it crashes again I found your forum in a Google search explorer internet crashes of Internet Explorer crashes An archived thread dealt with someone who had a similar problem The tech who responded internet explorer crashes in the archived thread recommended downloading HijackThis which I have done I can post the log from that scan if needed I found a few seemingly obvious problems most having to do with www websearch com I deleted those but I still have the same problem as before I have already subscribed to and used eAcceleration s StopSign threat and virus detection and StopSign has removed several Trojans and spyware threats I guess what concerns me is that I have also tried to download a new version of IE from MicroSoft and it won t load I get an error message telling me that my current version of IE is actively engaged in some activity and I must close all browser windows before and re-boot before I can load the new version of IE Of course I do all that but I get the same error message again and again Other issues of concern include the computer s inability to de-frag it just shows complete even after running for hours while I was away at work and the non-functionality of the SystemRestore program Any help would be greatly appreciated Regards Jeff Headrick

A:internet explorer crashes

Make sure that the version of HJT that you have is 1.98. If not, use the link in my sig to get the latest version.

Then, post a new HJT log here.

Talk to you soon!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/internet-explorer-crashes-10585.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Internet Explorer 8, when I open it, will be ok for about 4 seconds and then it will come up with a "internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconveneience." message. It will happen as long as I keep IE open, over and over again. I can't get Windows Updates. Any help would be much appreciated. (Also I can open it with (no add-ons) but how do I know which add-on is bad?

A:Internet Explorer 8 crashes

Never mind this post, I disabled all ad-ons and it works fine now. I had many updates to download on Windows Update.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/367286/internet-explorer-8-crashes/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a HP laptop with Windows Vista Home premium OS. I am facing a problem with Internet explorer. The explorer crashes when I click the close button on the top right corner of the window. It displays a dialog box saying "the explorer has stopped working". After a few seconds the message changes to "internet explorer is restarting" and a new window opens.

Does anybody has a solution for this issue??

A:Internet explorer crashes

If you get the message:
Windows Explorer has stopped working
Windows Explorer is restarting

You could try these steps

1) First and foremost ensure that your Vista is updated and scan your computer for virus and spyware. Follow it up with a Registry Cleaner run. CCleaner is a good freeware.

2) Run ChkDsk using elevated command prompt
* right click on command promt and select "run as administrator"

3) Disable the Preview Pane in Explorer and see if it helps. To disable the Preview Pane, click Organize > Layout > Preview Pane.

5) Disable UAC and see if it helps. start\control panel\user accounts and family settings\user accounts\turn UAC on or off
*requires a restart

6) Disable DEP or NoExecute Protection. Do note that Data Execution Prevention is a set of hardware and software technologies that perform additional checks on memory to help prevent malicious code from running on a system; as such it is a security feature.. Type cmd in Vista's search bar. Rt click on search results 'cmd' and click on Run as Administrator. Then type
bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff
and hit enter. Reboot. This has been known to help in some earlier versions of Vista.

7) Open Explorer. Click Organize > Folder & Search Options > View > Advanced Settings > check 'Launch folder windows in a separate process' > Apply > OK.

Please repost if all the options have been exhausted or if one of the procedures have rectified the issues,as to help people with similar issues

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/internet-explorer-crashes-231200.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi all. Im having trouble with internet explorer crashing when i try to view streaming video.I get this error:
Appname:iexplore.exe AppVer:6.0.2800.1106 ModName wmadmod.dll
modVer 9.0.02980 offset 0000f616

I have updated to the latest version of internet explore and windows media 9...

thanks!

A:internet explorer crashes

I forgot to add iI am running windows xp home sp1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-crashes.285780/
Relevancy 73.53%

I m getting error Crashes Internet Explorer messages soon after launching Internet Explorer They vary from telling me of an error signature in Kernel dll Fault address OX e c and then another Application Error - quot Memory could not be written quot Here is my Internet Explorer Crashes hijack log if someone could help Thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exeC Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Maxthon Maxthon exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http news google com nwshp hl en amp tab wnR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine IPSBHO DLLO - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine coIEPlg dllO - HKLM Run WinPatrol C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe -expressbootO - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - DEFAULT User Startup Pin lnk C hp bin CLOAKER EXE User Default user O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Internet Connection Help - E D D B- - a -B F- D D C - C WINDOWS PCHEALTH HELPCTR Vendors CN Hewlett-Packard L Cupertino S Ca C US IEButton support htmO - Extra Tools menuitem Internet Connection Help - E D D B- - a -B F- D D C - C WINDOWS PCHEALTH HELPCTR Vendors CN Hewlett-Packard L Cupertino S Ca C US IEButton support htmO - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http www pcpitstop com betapit PCPitStop CABO - DPF ED - B- DA -BF -BE C EC Windows Live Safety Center Base Module - http cdn scan onecare live com resource lscbase cabO - DPF FB -C - D - F- A C F mhLabel Class - http www pcpitstop com mhLbl cabO - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip C F A -C A- E -AAF - NameServer O - Protocol symres - AA FE- C - F- - C AB - C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine coIEPlg dllO - Service CachemanXP CachemanXPService - Outertech - C PROGRA CACHEM CachemanXP exeO - Service Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService - Intuit Inc - C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exeO - Service iPod Service - Apple Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeO - Service Norton Security Suite N - Symantec Corporation - C Program... Read more

A:Internet Explorer Crashes

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/301330/internet-explorer-crashes/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello A few days ago Internet Explorer has Explorer now 8 crashes then and Internet started to crash every now and then I checked my Event Viewer but it stopped responding I did a sfc scan and it found nothing wrong Please help Source Internet Explorer Summary Stopped working Date Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name iexplore exe Application Version Application Timestamp d f d Fault Module Name mshtml dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp eba Exception Code c Exception Offset f ad OS Version Internet Explorer 8 crashes now and then Locale ID Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Extra information about the problem Bucket ID Source Microsoft Management Console Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date Status Report sent Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows Faulting Application Path Internet Explorer 8 crashes now and then C Windows System mmc exe Problem signature Problem Event Name AppHangB Application Name mmc exe Application Version Application Timestamp a bc Hang Signature f ed Hang Type OS Version Locale ID Additional Hang Signature f ed fcc aba e ac ab e d Additional Hang Signature af Additional Hang Signature afa d bc f dad Additional Hang Signature Internet Explorer 8 crashes now and then d e Additional Hang Signature d e b ddafb d b e c d Additional Hang Signature f Additional Hang Signature f ffc daa fd ad Extra information about the problem Bucket ID

A:Internet Explorer 8 crashes now and then

See if this helps,
You receive an "mmc.exe - Application Error" message when you close Event Viewer on a Windows 2000-based computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/283377-internet-explorer-8-crashes-now-then.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Every time I attempt to open Microsoft Internet Explorer Browser It crashes.  The web site opens then immediately Internet Explorer stops functioning.  I have spent over 3 hours on the telephone with Avast.  They have not been able to resolve the issue.  The [problem started when I downloaded Avast Internet program.   

A:Internet Explorer crashes

Are you using IE11? A lot of users have been having trouble with it. The recommended action is to roll back to IE10.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517999/internet-explorer-crashes/