Windows Support Forum

My laptop cannot connect to the internet, even though wireless and ethernet are working

Q: My laptop cannot connect to the internet, even though wireless and ethernet are working

When I try and access the internet through any of the main browsers (I.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari) they tell me along the lines of 'unable to access the network' and 'this page can't be displayed' after taking a while attempting to load. I also cannot access it through any of my Windows 8 apps. I know it's not an issue with the home broadband itself and is something to do with my laptop as it is running fine both wirelessly and through using an Ethernet cable on all other devices. I would really appreciate some help with trying to fix this asap as I have spent a lot of time researching this issue and trying most things to resolve it without success, I also need to use the internet for loads of coursework over the summer hols and cannot afford to be taking it to a pricey IT technician. Please helppp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My laptop cannot connect to the internet, even though wireless and ethernet are working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My laptop cannot connect to the internet, even though wireless and ethernet are working

Take a look at the file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts​there MUST be at least a line reading 127.0.0.1 LOCALHOST
but the question is there anything other than comments in it?
If so, leave the comments and the localhost line and delete everything else.

If you modify the hosts file, then you also need to

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-even-though-wireless-and-ethernet-are-working.195158/
Relevancy 94.17%

Alright so I have two Windows computers, my laptop being Vista and my home network computer which is connected directly to the router is XP and then there is a Mac but I don't think it would interfere.
So basically whenever I look at my connection it says it's connected to "Unidentified Network" (Then my router name) and it says the access is local only.
I don't know how this happened, I've been connected to the internet using this computer and router for almost a year now and I've changed nothing.
But maybe you guys could come up with some specific troubleshooting steps?
Oh yeah and neither ethernet or wireless connection is working.
Thanks guys.

Oh yeah and the connection only works if the laptop is in safe mode. ​

A:Laptop Won't Connect to Internet Through Ethernet or Wireless

Base Pc connected by ethrenet, local only, no internet.
Laptop, connected wireless, local only, no internet.
or
Laptop does not connect to internet by ethernet or wireless, but connect local only. Local connection in safe mode only. to

If both computers have no connection it sounds like router is working, but has lost connection to ISP.
Check these.
Is the router DSL light on.?
Can you access the router set up pages to check if it is getting a signal and also see if the setings are still the same. Run any diagnostics that the router may have.
Is this a modem/router with ISP line directly connected or do you have ISP line to modem to router?
If you have ISP line to modem to router, connect a computer directly to the modem and see if you are getting a signal from the ISP.
If no signal from ISP contact them.
Another thing you can try is to power cycle the router. Power off for about 20 seconds then turn back on.

If problem is only with laptop then we need to concentrate on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-through-ethernet-or-wireless.810002/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hello,

I am having problem connecting my laptop to the internet via ethernet cable.

I am typing this from a Mac desktop that is on the same connection - no router in use, just a cable modem.

I have tried 3 different laptops plugging in to the ethernet cable directly to the modem and all say the same thing - limited to no connectivity for the XP machines, and "Local access only" for the Vista machine.

It recognizes the ethernet cable, and it searches for connectivity but does not succeed.

What makes this weird is that the connection itself is live as evidenced by my ability to type on this desktop.

Please help!!

A:Solved: Can't connect laptop to internet via ethernet cable (wireless is ok)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-laptop-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable-wireless-is-ok.759881/
Relevancy 82.13%

This is a recent problem. My computer doesn't want to connect to the internet via ethernet, however it will connect via wireless to the same network. Other computers on this network connect to the internet just fine. Any help on this is sincerely appreciated.

A:Internet doesn't connect via Ethernet but does connect wireless Win7

Other computers on this network connect to the internet just fine. Click to expand...

Connected by etherent ?
Have you also tried the same cable and port with a different PC

It maybe a security suite blocking - do you have Norton , McAfee etc

post a ipconfig /all and ping tests when connected by ethernet cable only
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-doesnt-connect-via-ethernet-but-does-connect-wireless-win7.972841/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello,
I have a Toshiba Protege r835 running windows7 64bit. And I was using a westell 7500 router for a while. My wireless was working fine but the connecting wasnt so good to I decided to move the router closer to my computer. But when I unpluged it and plugged it back in closer to me, my laptop was no longer able to connect wirelessly to the router.
My cell phone can connect to the wireless just fine. And on my laptop, it shows it on the list of possible wireless networks to connect to. But when I try to connect to it, it take a long time and just ends up not connecting. My wireless in enabled. When I plug the ethernet in, it works fine.
I ran a virus scan, and came up with nothing also.

Any idea how to fix this problem?

A:Laptop cant connect wireless, only ethernet.

Good morning Takaaaa,

The first thing I would try is disabling your wireless and then re-enabling (this will reset the wireless card) - I would then try reconnecting. Does it actually let you connect but unable to use? or does it give you a message whilst trying to connect?

Any detailed information relating to error messages would help.

Regards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/303447-laptop-cant-connect-wireless-only-ethernet.html
Relevancy 80.41%

A couple of months ago my battery in my laptop stopped holding a charge. Ever since then I've had a lot of problems. The first was the USB drive would not recognize my mouse and the red light on the mouse would not even come on. Now I have 20 different yellow triangles on all of my drivers in driver manager and I can troubleshoot and fix all of them except for RRnetcap miniport 8. And even if I troubleshoot ill just have the same problem when I turn it off and on again. I have a new PSU in the laptop so that can't be the problem. I'm connected to my wireless network but it says no Internet acess. Please help! I'm posting this from my iPhone.

Relevancy 79.55%

Let me start out by saying I am totally and completely not a computer geek I don't speek the language of the tekkies Won't Laptop Ethernet, to Wireless Connects Connect to I have an HP laptop and out of the blue it will just not connect to the internet wirelessly It will say connected but no internet access This happens and random times at least once a week and for exactly hours between a m one day to a m the next day I can connect via ethernet cable just fine My Laptop Connects to Ethernet, Won't Connect to Wireless phone and TV can connect wirelessly but not my internet My signal Laptop Connects to Ethernet, Won't Connect to Wireless strength is usually excellent when this happens so it's not that I'm too far away from the router I have tried resetting my router modem multiple times when this has happened to no avail I have factory restored my computer I have deleted my driver and reinstalled it Literally the only thing that has worked thus far is connecting to an ethernet cable I called my ISP and they said my router is fine and nothing is wrong with it Before you ask NO I don't have any monitoring software or any software that prevents the use of internet after a certain time Keep in mind that my computer is totally factory resetored totally clean nothing on it but what it came with Please help

A:Laptop Connects to Ethernet, Won't Connect to Wireless

Go to HP's website and download the latest wireless adapter directly. What does the driver date say on the current wireless driver? With out the actual make and model number of the laptop I cant verify the current driver date from HP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/240604-laptop-connects-ethernet-wont-connect-wireless.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello. I was recently incorrectly advised to reset my netgear modem/router combination after an outage in the area and since then have not been able to connect to the internet via wireless. I am, though, able to connect with an ethernet connection. I have tried to refresh the DNS, turn the router on and off, reboot my computer but nothing seems to be working. Please help!

Relevancy 79.12%

Hi I have a Win Home Edition bit o s on a ethernet... I to the via cannot connect wireless internet and Help! Toshiba Satellite and cannot Help! I cannot connect to the internet via wireless and ethernet... connect to the internet via wireless or ethernet I have flushed the DNS renewed it and tried nearly every trick in the book to pick up the ip from my router which has several devices connected and are able to connect without a problem but not this laptop It was able to connect a couple of weeks ago at a friends via wireless though I am stumped I ran a not up to date virus data from Avast through system and it picked up a lot of adware and malware all under quarantine now but it would not run the malwarebytes because I cannot update the data I even tried the cameleon version no go because I am not connected I have a netgear router I prefer not to fuss with that as all my other devices are able to connect but this laptop The router has given it an ip type address with a subnet mask of Much appreciated of the help with this matter Thanking anyone now if they can have the time to help me Best Regards DA

A:Help! I cannot connect to the internet via wireless and ethernet...

G'day DarkAngel5, and Welcome to BC Try re enabling your connection  with this :Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.Now check if the internet is working again.OR.....If you are using Windows 7..Download  Click Methen...Right click on winsockfix.bat    and then click on Run As Administrator

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584683/help-i-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-via-wireless-and-ethernet/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have hp g60 230us. The hard drive crashed so I installed a new one. Then I installed new vista ultimate 64 bit. I plugged into desktop's netgear router with ethernet and still wont connect to internet. When I go start/run/regedit in local services there is no wireless listing on bottom to enable. When I try to connect it says there is problem with Realtek Nic and only shows Broadband ppoev, something. T hought maybe I need drivers from hp to make everything work again but having trouble. Downloaded network to file then burned to dvd r on other laptop. Not sure how to load onto laptop in question (hpg60 230us). Also tried command prompt/ ipconfig. Nothing works and my son needs this for school please somebody help!!!

A:can't connect to internet via ethernet or wireless

lets see a device manager screen shot
when you installed vista - you also need to install all the drivers - chipset, audio, video, network etc
which as you say download from the HP website and then save on CD and copy across the the PC and install using the setup file or by double clicking on the file downloaded

Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-or-wireless.1020044/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi When I connect to my wireless the message quot acquiring network address ethernet connect and wireless internet the to by cannot both quot appears in taskbar However when I connect via the Ethernet the message quot limited or no connectivity quot quot you might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources This problem occurred because the cannot connect to the internet by both wireless and ethernet network did not assign a network address to the computer quot What I tried Disconnect the wire and wireless Turn off the DSL which is Linksys Reinstall the network adapter driver Renew the ip from the cmd but the message quot An error occurred while renewing interface local area connection An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket quot appear Using quot netsh winsock reset quot for cmd but message quot The following helper DLL cannot be loaded IFMON DLL The following command was not found winsock reset quot appear Edit the Winstock from the registry by using winsockfix and LSFix But none of these solutions worked and I cannot enable windows firewall that s why I thought it might be a malware or something Sorry I forgot to say I have Windows XP Professional version with Service Pack Thanks mly

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/221749/cannot-connect-to-the-internet-by-both-wireless-and-ethernet/
Relevancy 78.69%

Greetings,

I have a PC (windows 7) connected to my router (Buffalo AirStation WMBR-HP-GN) via Ethernet cable, while my laptop (Vista) and a 2nd PC (Vista) are using wireless. My Ethernet PC cannot see the laptop or the wireless PC in Network. Both the laptop and wireless PC can see and share with each other. If I use an Ethernet cable for the laptop, I can share with my Ethernet PC.

In short, I can share wireless to wireless, Ethernet to Ethernet, but not Wireless to Ethernet.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Cannot connect to my wireless laptop from my ethernet PC (vice versa)

Quote: Originally Posted by Eastwood001

Greetings,

I have a PC (windows 7) connected to my router (Buffalo AirStation WMBR-HP-GN) via Ethernet cable, while my laptop (Vista) and a 2nd PC (Vista) are using wireless. My Ethernet PC cannot see the laptop or the wireless PC in Network. Both the laptop and wireless PC can see and share with each other. If I use an Ethernet cable for the laptop, I can share with my Ethernet PC.

In short, I can share wireless to wireless, Ethernet to Ethernet, but not Wireless to Ethernet.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I would try resetting the router first as it's clearly a problem with the router.

If that doesn't work please post a screen shot of your ipconfig/all from both a wired and wireless machine and I'll see what's up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229020-cannot-connect-my-wireless-laptop-my-ethernet-pc-vice-versa.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Alright so I have two Windows computers, my laptop being Vista and my home network computer which is connected directly to the router is XP and then there is a Mac but I don't think it would interfere.
So basically whenever I look at my connection it says it's connected to "Unidentified Network" (Then my router name) and it says the access is local only.
I don't know how this happened, I've been connected to the internet using this computer and router for almost a year now and I've changed nothing.
But maybe you guys could come up with some specific troubleshooting steps?
Oh yeah and neither ethernet or wireless connection is working.
Thanks guys.

Oh yeah and the connection only works if the laptop is in safe mode.

A:Laptop Won't Connect to Home Computer Through Ethernet or Wireless

I think you're saying the network looks like

Code:

modem--WiFi.Router---wired.XP
|
+---- wired.Mac
|
+ ..... WiFi or Wired Vista laptop

The Mac and XP can use the Internet (can they share between them?)

Vista can not share (but can it use the internet?)

On vista try this
run->ipconfig /all >mytcp.txt​and attach \user\yourLogin/mytcp.txt to your follow-up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-computer-through-ethernet-or-wireless.124192/
Relevancy 78.26%

So I have been unable to use the internet on my labtop for months I have another labtop that works fine and a ipod touch that connects through wireless that works fine I replaced the wireless card itself so I was able to rule that out Please help me getting it working again This is what i get when i run ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Chad gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Chad-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - B- - B-A - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f ad df Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - B- - - -FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D -D D- - C - D C D br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - connect ethernet or wireless cable. to Cant through internet - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F C C - BA- CE- B- BFA br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D E- F C- D -A EC- A A C br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B FB C- B - A -A F -EBC br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F DE-A C- CC -AED -C D F br E D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F DFEB -A - A -A C- br CA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled Cant connect to internet through wireless or ethernet cable. No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BF D - E - E - - br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

I have just put a new hard drive in my laptop - a sony vaio
It will no longer connect to my university internet through a cable which I just plug into the wall. It has no issue finding wireless connections. I have tried changing the connection cable but it had no effect. In device manager under network adapters it lists: Atheros AR9285 Wirless Network Adapter and there are no warnings associated with that. Underneath in other devices it states that the Ethernet Controller has no driver installed. Is this related?
Any help much appreciated

A:Laptop won't connect to ethernet cable despite finding wireless connections

Hi Molly123, and welcome to TSG.

Molly123 said:

It will no longer connect to my university internet through a cable which I just plug into the wall.
Underneath in other devices it states that the Ethernet Controller has no driver installed.
Is this related?

A missing Ethernet driver will prevent the wired connection from working.
You can probably use your wireless connection to visit the support section of the the Sony web site and download the missing driver(s) and get instructions on how to install the downloaded driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-to-ethernet-cable-despite-finding-wireless-connections.1089095/
Relevancy 77.4%

My family just gave me their old Mac desktop I wiped it clean and then tried to connect to the internet at my house desktop wireless to internet connect or Solved: Mac will not ethernet and it tells me I have invalid password for the wireless I also tried to connect it directly via ethernet cable that works and it will not connect I want to connect my Mac directly with ethernet All the other computers with internet work in my house so I know its not the internet I will post below my computer specs and internet specs which I got from my other windows PC Please help ive tried manually putting in the ISP and DNS and nothing works I am fairly computer savy but Im not to familiar with networking so please descriptive THANKS Computer Mac OS X Version GHz Intel Core Duo MHz Solved: Mac desktop will not connect to wireless or ethernet internet SDRAM Internet Specs Microsoft Windows Version Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Solved: Mac desktop will not connect to wireless or ethernet internet Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address D - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe eed db a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -FC-D - - - F-DC- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap gateway wire net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,

I have a linksys model wrt54gl v1.1 and I am using Windows Vista 32bit Home Edition. I have a pc connected to the router directly through an ethernet plus a laptop, 2 iphones and a blackberry that get wireless internet from it. 2 days ago wireless stopped working. The internet on the pc connected to the router by ethernet is still working and the power, WLAN, ethernet, and internet lights are all lit green. The internet and ethernet lights flash when data is being transferred but the the WLAN light is not flashing. I have restored the router to factory default but it is still not working. The phones and laptop are not detecting any wireless network present. Hope you can help.

Paul

A:Internet working on PC connected to router by ethernet but wireless not working

I have restored the router to factory default but it is still not working.Click to expand...

The only other thing to try is to unplug the router for a few hours. You could also try another factory reset.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-working-on-pc-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-but-wireless-not-working.994621/
Relevancy 76.97%

Please Help.(I have a very upset 14yr old) I bought my daughter a "new" used laptop for Christmas and it won't connect to the internet. Laptop is a Compaq. We connected it to the ethernet cable (we unplugged from another laptop which is working perfectly). I have AT&T DSL - modem is speed stream - through DLink router.
When I hit Run - CMD - IPconfig/all I get

Node type... Broadcast
IP routing enabled...no
WIN Proxy Enabled....no

Media State ... disconnected
Description .... MAC Bridge Miniport
Physical Address....02-02-A5-C3-57-87

A:laptop won't connect to ethernet and/or internet

Sounds like there are drivers missing, check device manager for missing drivers.

Control Panel (classic view)>Administrative tools>Computer Management>device manager

If you have missing drivers, tell me what make and model Laptop it is, and I can help you find and install drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-to-ethernet-and-or-internet.889370/
Relevancy 76.54%

I've got a Dell Vostro 1500 notebook running Windows XP SP3 without any major problems. I access the internet using A modem connected to the router for wireless access.

I've recently procured a 100 metre ethernet cable and decided to make use of it, but discovered that I couldn't connect to the internet while I was connected to the router (similar results with connecting directly to the modem itself). I've connected other Laptops to it, and seems to work perfectly, which indicates it's the computer.

What I've tried till now
Opened Device manager and checked if the network adapter was active. It wasn't for some reason, but i've just enabled it and it says that i'm connected but without any result.

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is!

Hoping someone on here can help!

Daytripper

A:[SOLVED] Cannot connect to Internet using Ethernet (Wireless works flawlessly)

In Device Manager, click "show hidden devices". There are hidden devices & drivers necessary for Internet connection. Check that they are working and not flagged.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cannot-connect-to-internet-using-ethernet-wireless-works-flawlessly-332553.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi great site idea I m having a strange issue regarding internet Moved country Ireland to Australia PC had never caused any issues before and was connected to net via a wireless adapter Moved to Australia set up PC everything seems fine apart from not being able to connect to Internet Wireless - when I plug wireless adapter into usb port toolbar displays Monitor with red x so i double click and to view network list but my network isn t available but my neighbors one shows up even though according to the status of wireless network connections adaptor is internet connect Solved: or Wireless wont to PC cable Ethernet via quot Not connected quot but my network is a very strong signal and am actually using it right now on Solved: PC wont connect to internet via Wireless or Ethernet cable my notebook to send this mail so adaptor s Solved: PC wont connect to internet via Wireless or Ethernet cable sees asnother network but not my network which is metre away Ethernet Cable - Plug in cable but nothing happens no change on toolbar nothing in Network Connections Tried internet with but doesn t work stumped Am I making a simple schoolboy error here Checked Device Manager and there is a yellow question mark at Other Devices opened that and inside yellow question mark and exclamation mark over quot other PCI Bridge quot and quot Video Controller VGA Compatible Any advise cant update any drivers as I cant get PC online obviously Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 76.54%

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3766 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1755 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 597065 MB, Free - 490266 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire 5742
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Not Updated

Please help me, I don't know what to do.
My internet connection suddenly stopped working and I don't know how to fix it, I've restarted the computer and unplugged the modem, amongst other things, but nothing seems to be working.
The only way I can have internet connection is with the ethernet cable, but it doesn't work without...

A:Solved: Can only connect to internet with ethernet cable, does not work wireless

you have marked this - solved - has the problem been resolved now

if not
have you made sure the wireless is switched on - often there's a physical switch or a combination of the FN + one of the F keys to control the wireless

post an ipconfig /all and xirrus screen shot
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-only-connect-to-internet-with-ethernet-cable-does-not-work-wireless.1067146/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello all,
I started college about 8 weeks ago and for the first 6 weeks I was able to use ethernet and all was good. Suddenly, it stopped working and I cant connect with it anymore and the wireless here is awful. I have an Acer Aspire X1200 with Vista using a Netgear WG111V3 wireless adapter and NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Networking Controller. Any ideas? I have no idea what to do.

Thanks,
Josh

A:Can't connect to internet using ethernet anymore....was working then just stopped

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-internet-using-ethernet-anymore-was-working-then-just-stopped.956046/
Relevancy 76.11%

my year old Dell Studio laptop connects fine via wireless to home router and internet but I cannot connect through the ethernet cable I've done the troubleshooting disabled enabled the network adapter updated the drivers I'm using an ethernet cable which normally connects an XP so I know the cable's fine Device Manager says the Realtek PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller is working properly I found the Receive Side Scaling value Enabled so I Disabled that Shut off radio for wireless to I ethernet laptop through internet cable? connect How the do Centrino adapter Disabled wireless adapter too Restarted not only the laptop but also did a shutdown How do I connect laptop to internet through the ethernet cable? then restart of the entire FIOS with Asus Access Point home network with all devices shut How do I connect laptop to internet through the ethernet cable? down Checked BIOS setting didn't see any setting Disabled that appeared like the ethernet controller Can't do system restore I did a Repair installation of windows Home Premium last week but even before then the System Restore failed every time I've never been successful at getting a system restore to work on any XP or pc I've tried it on even though it's enabled and purports to work The laptop had been connected primarily maybe even exclusively via the wireless for years so I quot m not even sure the ethernet has ever been connected before I'd hate to buy a new ethernet controller card if i don't have to only to have the problem be software Any ideas thanks

A:How do I connect laptop to internet through the ethernet cable?

I'd say, inspect the ethernet port on the laptop for bent contact pins. Just for grins and giggles, try another cable. Try attaching the laptop to ANY other network via ethernet cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/305552-how-do-i-connect-laptop-internet-through-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 76.11%

My laptop's ethernet connection isn't working. When plugged in, the lights on the port are lit as normal, but the icon showing wireless connections is shown. Wifi still works but I prefer to use ethernet as wifi is sometimes slow. Ethernet still won't work when using a docking station and plugging the ethernet cable that way. The device manager says the driver is working properly and I downloaded a new driver from the Dell site and it still won't work.

A:6400 laptop won't connect to internet via ethernet

TSP90,
Click the link below to choose your OS and then choose Wired Networking. The information will help resolve the networking issue using wired network. You may need to setup your wired network again.
Dell Networking and Wireless Support Center

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19975382
Relevancy 76.11%

Something strange happened This morning at my Dell laptop quot Wi-Fi quot changed from quot Wi-Fi quot to quot Wi-Fi quot and my Ethernet is now quot Ethernet quot Now I cannot connect to the Internet through Ethernet which is my only option where I am which is at home and the Wi-Fi networks that used to show up on the list because I am within range don t show up anymore I cannot even turn Wi Fi on since it is grayed out under quot Networks quot Specifically it now says quot Dell Wireless b g n GHZ quot on the Device Manager I tried to delete the from quot Wi-Fi quot on the Network Connections page but Laptop or connect Internet to ethernet Wifi with won't it says quot cannot rename this connection A connection with the name you specified already exists quot So the original Wi-Fi Laptop won't connect to Internet with ethernet or Wifi and Ethernet are still there somewhere but where Why did they disappear How can I get them back Here is some system information Windows edition Processor Intel Core i - U GHz GHz -bit operating system I restored my system to March but that didn t work Any help would be Laptop won't connect to Internet with ethernet or Wifi greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

My method of communicating with the internet is via a wireless connection to a wireless router, etc.

When I connect a debug tool via the wired ethernet connection I lose the my internet connection.

I then have to diagnose the connection where a dialog box pops up to show which connection type, wired, or wireless. I have to select wireless and go from there.

Is there a way to override windows XP to only search for an internet connection via wireless? It is quite a nuiasance to have to go through the reconnect process once I plug the debug tool in...

A:When I connect Wired ethernet device I lose wireless internet access

No. The reverse would be true, and depending on the quality of your equipment and connections you could, but the normal case is what you are experiencing. Anyway to go wired first, then wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-connect-wired-ethernet-device-i-lose-wireless-internet-access.110900/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 75.25%

just yesterday everything was working fine then i got disconnected from the internet i checked through ethenet I was able to connect but when i plugged in the cable to wifi router it did not connect to the internet.
help.

Relevancy 75.25%

I've been having a problem for the last few weeks where my laptop wasn't recognizing my internet. When it stopped working I could see my connection through the network access, but it always failed to connect and the troubleshooter told me to restart my router. After trying a few times, shutting down and restarting my computer, doing a system restore, and a factory reset twice, I can connect to the internet through an Ethernet cable. However, now my laptop can't even see that any connections are available.

There are other computer in my house, all they all connect just fine. What should I do?

A:Laptop can't connect to the internet unless it's connected to an Ethernet cable

The laptops internal WIFI card has probably failed. You can get around it by using an external USB wifi adapter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-cant-connect-to-the-internet-unless-its-connected-to-an-ethernet-cable.210264/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have been having a problem the Sony internet won't ethernet) or to (wifi Laptop connect Vaio for a few weeks now and nothing I ve done or come across seems to solve the issue Basically when I try and connect to my wifi netgear router I get a very strong signal but local only access amp an unidentified network I have my desktop amp more laptops running off this router so it can t be that After failing to connect to wifi I tried to use an ethernet connection to try and update my drivers in hope that would fix the wifi problem After plugging the ethernet Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) in I was in exactly the same position I kept getting Identifying appear in network connections which then turned to unidentified and wouldn t allow me to connect to Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) the internet either The laptop is about - years old I think so I did update the drivers but that didn t do anything either any help would be appreciated Thanks Forgot to Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) mention my os is vista nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop . Spilled some liquid and it is not able to connect to internet using Wifi or through ethernet cable.The USB ports also have stopped working so i cannot connect it to a wireless adapter.

Showed this to Geeksquad agent at Bestbuy and he told me that this could be a motherboard problem and nothing much can be done about it.

So basically i have a working laptop that i cannot to internet.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sam

A:Sony Vaio Laptop Wireless and Ethernet Network Connection not working

probably is a mother board
did you dry it out completely

some vaio have a PC expresscard slots - its possible this may work
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExpressCard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-laptop-wireless-and-ethernet-network-connection-not-working.964410/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello,

Yesterday, my internet through wireless stopped working all of a sudden. It was working good till I closed my pc and went out for a few hours. When I returned and tried to access, it simply does not connect. I get an error saying "Windows was unable to connect to abcd (router name)". I tried to plug it into the router through ethernet and it works perfectly.

I have tried to uninstall the wireless adapter and the lan adapter as well. I have tried it in safe mode. I have tried to delete the network also but now that left me with inputting the password everytime I want to connect.

I am living in a student accomodation with 6 more people and all of them's is working good. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate Edition on Dell Studio 1555. The router is a Netgear one for the Virgin Media Superhub.

Thanks a lot

Relevancy 73.53%

Greetings!

I have an internet connection which is distributed through a wireless router. I use my laptop's (which also has a LAN adapter) WiFi to connect to that router. I have a PC too which only has LAN adapter but not the Wireless adapter.

Unfortunately I cannot wire my place as the router is in my housemate's room. I have network cables though to connect my PC and my laptop. Can I access Internet on my PC using connection between my laptop and PC and my laptop being connected to the Internet via WiFi?

I have DHCP enabled on my WiFi laptop. I am not sure what do I need to do and if I need to give static IP's to all the computers?

Thanks,
AJ
PS - I can access the router settings and I can change those settings unless it hampers my other house-mates to use the Internet.

A:Laptop (wifi Internet w/ethernet facility) connect to PC through CAT5 cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wifi-internet-w-ethernet-facility-connect-to-pc-through-cat5-cable.671427/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello I have just arrived at a friends house to stay for a while and my laptop does not connect to the internet properly through the wireless yet ethernet through not through but cable the internet to connects Laptop wireless works perfectly when plugged into the router directly through ethernet cable it is not the actual router s wireless that is broken because there are three other laptops that connect and work just fine I have done several virus scans using AVG and Spybot Search and Destroy and other than incredibar nothing has been found so i dont think it is a virus I Laptop connects to the internet through ethernet cable but not through wireless thought it might have been the to adapter so i disabled to no avail The problem is not connecting to the network as that works fine and every now and again i can get minutes of internet use before it stops working most of the time still saying i am connected to the internet for an extra minutes then saying i have a local only connection I did and ipconfig all when plugged into the router and this was the result Windows IP Configuration Host Laptop connects to the internet through ethernet cable but not through wireless Name Tom-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - F-B -C -EE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Laptop connects to the internet through ethernet cable but not through wireless Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB-B - F-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd af ac c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -D - - - -B - - -D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - -B - - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bcfe bf a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -D - - - -B - - -D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb bc d f fff Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe bc d f fff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And when it is just the wireless Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tom-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - F-B -C -EE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB-B - F-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd af ac c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Cl... Read more

A:Laptop connects to the internet through ethernet cable but not through wireless

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee

i would remove AVG - see below , that could be blocking

as you are getting an IP

this does not often work on wireless - but try anyway
- try safemode with networking
as the PC starts keep tapping F8 - a menu appears - choose
safemode with networking - see if that works

also try a TCP/IP reset - see below

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7

Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter

ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

AVG Removal Tools
http://www.avg.com/gb-en/utilities

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connects-to-the-internet-through-ethernet-cable-but-not-through-wireless.1069516/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi My laptop has been working fine until yesterday Now Advent connect Laptop Solved: ethernet internet or wirelessly via the to wont Roma it wont connect to the internet AT ALL It wont connect wirelessly and it wont connect when using an ethernet cable The weird thing is that my dad s laptop also connects to the internet wirelessly also however his laptop is working fine The desktop computer upstairs can connect to the internet via Ethernet cable I ve tried diagnosing the connection but there is no solution When I hover over the wireless connection on the toolbar it says Local and Internet and it shows full green bars I m using a Belkin router I ve tried turning off the router MANY times to no avail I ve also removed the wirelesss connection from my laptop and then re-added it but still it doesn t display internet pages I can t even go on my routers settings on the laptop because it won Solved: Advent Roma Laptop wont connect to the internet wirelessly or via ethernet t load the page I m new to this forum so if I ve missed out any important details just let me know and I ll see if I can provide them nbsp

A:Solved: Advent Roma Laptop wont connect to the internet wirelessly or via ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-advent-roma-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet-wirelessly-or-via-ethernet.957656/
Relevancy 70.09%

When I try to connect to the internet it tells me Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage on any website i try to connect to, but my wireless is working fine and I cannot open firefox at all... Also when I try to get on the internet from any other computer, laptop or ipod using my wireless connection works fine its just my laptop that has this problem. Can anyone help.

A:Cannot connect to the internet and my wireless is working fine.

Try this Microsoft group of solutions. Most likely Network Connections: Error "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" when viewing a website in Internet Explorer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cannot-connect-to-the-internet-and-my-wireless-is-working-fine-577272.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Been reading some of the wireless laptop connect no internet - posts trying to figure out my problem but no success Situation laptop wireless connect - no internet - When I connect wired laptop wireless connect - no internet to the router I can get to the internet using the problem machine to post this When I disable the lan card and enable the wireless card Windows says I connect to the router but I don t get an internet connection I ve tried turning off Macafee firewall but that didn laptop wireless connect - no internet t seem to help System info - Dell Inspiron m Win XP Intel Pro Wireless ABG card D-Link Di wireless router Comcast Cable model model e- I also followed the instructions on another post and ran the net winsock reset catalog and netsh int ip reset reset log commands When I rebooted with the wireless on it connected to the internet When I disabled the wireless card and re-enabled it it would not connect Below is the ipconfig all and pings first set immediately after reboot nd set after disabling and re-enabling the wireless and not being able to connect to the internet Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Neil Hanson gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Hansonlaptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd tx comcast net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tx comcast net Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - E- -EF- F- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday May PM Lease Expires Saturday May PM C Documents and Settings Neil Hanson gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Neil Hanson gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Neil Hanson gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Neil Hanson gt ping yahoo com Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Neil Hanson gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Hansonlaptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd tx comcast net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tx comcast net Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - E- -EF- F- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday May PM Lease Expires Saturday May PM C Documents and Settings Neil Hanson gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Neil Hanson gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request tim... Read more

Relevancy 69.23%

My laptop will no longer connect to the internet using wireless.
I have had it for two years now, and have never encountered the problem before.
I'm not sure what to do to try and get it working again?

The laptop "says" that "This computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed and configured"..... but it has worked for about a year, and I haven't changed any settings...

Thanks.... sorry for lack of detail...

A:Laptop will not connect to the internet using Wireless

Hi NJJB92,

Have you tried connecting it via ethernet cable? Does it connect properly.

Check in device manager to see if it is listed there

Start > Right click on My Computer > Manage > Device Manager

It should be listed under 'Network adapters'. Check to make sure there is no yellow Question Mark beside it (list will be expanded if so).

The next step may be to reinstall the device itself. Let me know how you get on and myself or someone else can assist you on the next steps as to what info you find.

Take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-will-not-connect-to-the-internet-using-wireless.128198/
Relevancy 69.23%

I am having an issue with connecting my new laptop to my wireless internet (we go through COX). My laptop is a Dell Latitude D610. My wireless router is a Belkin.5B61.

I set my new laptop up, it says that it is connected to my wireless and that it says the signal is "GOOD" but it will not work. When I hover over the bars it is saying at the bottom:​
Address: 0.0.0.0.​
Could this be the issue? I know nothing about computers. I took my laptop to Panera Bread today to see if it would connect to their wifi and it does. We have another laptop and desktop connected to the wireless that works fine.​
Any advice would be appreciated.​

A:new laptop will not connect to wireless internet

Reply if you dont understand any of the following

Yep, how old is the laptop
Does the machine work OK if you connect it to your router by cable ?

Do you have other PCs connected to the router and working - if so I would like to see an ipconfig /all from one of the working machines and also the faulty machine - fulll details on how below
lets also see the following from the faulty machine

ipconfig /all and xirrus and these services - full details below
{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
post back the status - started/stopped and automatic/manual
Check your Services are Started on all PCs:

COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations only)
WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations only)
Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic (or perhaps manual).

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-will-not-connect-to-wireless-internet.967066/
Relevancy 69.23%

The set up in our house is that the main computer is attached to router by ethernet cable We then have various laptops ipods phones that can connect via wireless to the router We have two problems at the moment firstly one laptop will not connect via wireless any more When I run the troubleshooter I get the following errors - Problem with wireless adapter or to via Laptop internet wireless won't connect access point wireless network connection doesn t have a valid ip configuration and a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken I don t know much about network and wireless connections so Laptop won't connect to internet via wireless don t know whether it is a fault on that particular laptop or a problem with the router When I open the network and sharing centre in the diagram there is a cross between the network icon and the internet icon The second problem is that the wireless connections on laptops ipods etc drop out every now and again and the only way round that is to reset the router Help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446094/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-via-wireless/
Relevancy 69.23%

My girlfriends Dell 6000 laptop will not connect to internet. I have a wireless network in my house. My laptop works just fine.

Her brother did some stuff to it and now it wont connect...please help???

Relevancy 69.23%

i have a dell inspiron 3500 with both windows xp and 2000. my fast ethernet card is a netgear FA410tx. I have the newest drivers, it's installed correctly on the comp, but the LAN doesn't work (on either OS). it says i have limited or no connectivity.

does anyone know how i can fix this? thanks in advance

Relevancy 69.23%

i bought a new lapto 3rd person worked great first two days now icannot conect to the internet .it says my connections are either unplugged or disconnected what do i do to get this stuff working right?

Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all I recently converted from DSL to cable. my laptop has a lan connection and I can access my network but it will not let me connect to the internet . Both units are running xp pro Any thoughts

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 69.23%

My laptop, Dell inspiron m5030, for some reason has stopped connecting to my wireless Internet, yet my iPad can. I have tried dissconnecting from the Internet and connecting again but it just keeps saying it can't, Even the troubleshooting diagnoses doesn't help,and I have already tried disconnecting the wireless Ethernet from the outlet and restarted it but,it doesn't help. I really need to get my laptop to start connecting to the Internet fully today! Please Help!

Relevancy 69.23%

Hello all I ve been very grateful for your help in the past and i hope you don t mind helping me once more I am having problems connecting to the internet on my the connect on to Unable seemingly working) PC wireless (but internet to PC The PC itself is fairly aged and is Unable to connect to the internet on PC (but wireless seemingly working) not wireless enabled thus it is connected to the modem router using a cable Unable to connect to the internet on PC (but wireless seemingly working) It was working fine yesterday however Unable to connect to the internet on PC (but wireless seemingly working) when i tried to use the internet today it is simply not working I spent a long time on the phone to my service provider this morning who have stated that it is not a problem with the internet service In any case my son is able to connect on a wireless basis to his laptop which i am using at present The lady i spoke with was attempting to find the IP address of the PC but we were unable to do this having gone through various methods I would be most grateful for any advise that could be given to possibly fix this problem before i have to call out an expert Many thanks indeed nbsp

A:Unable to connect to the internet on PC (but wireless seemingly working)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-the-internet-on-pc-but-wireless-seemingly-working.1100845/
Relevancy 68.37%

I bought a lap top and its running on vista premium. it used to connect to the wireless internet but now it wont work. every time it connect and i go onto internet explored it tells me windows confirmed that this computer cannot connect to the primary DNS server.

A:My laptop wont connect to the wireless internet

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Make and model of the broadband modem.
Make and model of the router.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make/model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2, Vista, etc.

Also, please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

Let's also see this:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-wireless-internet.641455/
Relevancy 68.37%

ok here it goes I have a hp tx laptop using vista with a alfa awuso h usb adapter to connect to the internet Ok heres the problem i was using this setup to connect to my neighbores wireless internet with no problems wireless to connect internet laptop won't adapter through for about weeks yes they know and are fine with laptop won't connect to wireless internet through adapter me using it But within the past week actually all of a sudden it wont work my program that came with the adapter shows alot of networks with full signals but when i connect to any of laptop won't connect to wireless internet through adapter them it shows connected but wont actually bring up the internet When i click on i e It says i e Cannot display the webpage And if it actually does take me to google it will disconnect for no reason and reconnect to a random network thats available my neighbors connection i was using just all of a sudden quit working and if i try to connect to it it says cannot connect to frontier Also the other networks that show up sometimes will say the settings saved on this computer for this network dont match the requirements of the network but sometimes the same network will connect but wont actually bring up the internet I guess i just want to know what has changed to make me not be able to use a network that worked fine for me last week Please help nbsp

A:laptop won't connect to wireless internet through adapter

closed
read the rules
WiFi "Piggybacking" / "Wardriving" - We do not support the act of using someone else's Internet without permission. Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.

http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-to-wireless-internet-through-adapter.1020919/
Relevancy 68.37%

Here is my situation, it's probably something that is easily solved but I am not good at networking....

My laptop will not connect wirelessly to my home wireless internet. I recently had to reinstall windows on the laptop and reset wireless router (changed ISPs).

My laptop will connect to other wireless networks with no issues (school, work, in-law's place).

My PS3 has no issue connecting to my home network either - in fact, the re-initialization/ recognition of the wireless internet on the PS3 was a breeze (why can't it all be that simple)?

I am assuming that there is some setting or something I am not correctly configuring that is preventing the laptop to connect to only the home network but have no idea what it could be since it will connect other places and the PS3 connects.

I have a Netgear Wireless Router WGR614.

Please help!

A:Wireless Internet Issues - Laptop Won't Connect, PS3 Will

Solved

Fixed the issue last night. I changed the security on the router from WPA-Psk to WPA and now the laptop connects with no problems.

I didn't get any replies but thought I would post the solution anyway in case some one else has the same issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-internet-issues-laptop-wont-connect-ps3-will.154054/
Relevancy 68.37%

both laptop and pc are running windows motorola dsl modem and rca cable wireless laptop wont internet to connect modem are connected to pc wich has linksys wrt g wireless router connected to it laptop has netgear busb wifi adaptor for extended range here are ip configs for both eric is laptop laptop wont connect to wireless internet and donna is pc i have all info necessary to do whatever just dont laptop wont connect to wireless internet know where to start tried resetting router and modems i mean the list goes on and on im stumpedMicrosoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Eric gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Eric Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No laptop wont connect to wireless internet Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Wireless N- USB Adapter WNA Physical Address - - A- -C -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f c ded Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday January PM Lease Expires Wednesday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -AE- - - -B - - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - -B - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d ba Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday January PM Lease Expires Wednesday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -AE- - - -B - - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless Wireless-N WLAN Mini-C ard Physical Address C - -FE- C- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b e c b a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday January PM Lease Expires Wednesday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -AE- - - -B - - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DC B- - F -B - FCDA E D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface BCE-D AC- F-BF B-EECE D B CE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FC AF- - ED- A -F AB D E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Eric Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Donna gt cmd Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Donna gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Donna-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd fl comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection C... Read more

Relevancy 68.37%

Up until 2 days ago, all was fine. Now, i can not connect directly or via wireless to the internet. I have "excellent" signal strength and am "connected" to the wireless. Despite this, i can not connect. I disconnected my desktop (which works fine) and directly placed the ethernet cable to the laptop and it does not work directly either. I have been trying to look at my Norton antivirus and my firewall settings to determine if that it the issue. Not sure. can you please assist.

A:Laptop won't connect to internet direct or wireless

Please supply the following info, exact models of the equipment please.

The name of your ISP and country of residence.
Make/model of the broadband modem. If dial-up, please specify.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Connection type, wired, wireless.
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows, i.e. XP-Home SP2.
If this is indeed XP-SP2, try this. If it's some other version of Windows, we need the details requested.
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2 & Vista.

For XP, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

For Vista, Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-direct-or-wireless.601317/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a netgear router and an win xp desktop connected to each other through the ISP modem The internet wont to via connect wireless Laptop internet works great Xbox live connected via through the netgear router access point works Laptop wont connect to internet via wireless great Now i just recently bought a power cord for an old laptop charged it working fine Its a Compaq laptop with a vista OS My problem is not finding the router and or connecting to it I just cant seem to access the internet It shows local connection only with an unidentified network but it shows my routers name LOTUS There is alittle red X in-between the unidentified network and the internet Heres alittle more extra help i pulled off the ip config all on the vista laptop I sure would appreciate any help Thank You Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users HOME gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name HOME Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - F- - -D -BF DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - D-D - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dcbf e cd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday November AM Lease Expires Tuesday November AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -F -D - - - D-D - - A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BDC D -F - -B ED-BFF B ADF br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users HOME gt nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

I just reinstalled XP on my Dell inspiron 1100. Everything works good expect I can't connect wireless to the internet. I use my Ethernet cable and everything works great. The wireless setting say's I'm connected with excellent strength, also I have an IP address. I went to disk management and check for conflicts and noticed the PCI modem was yellow. I was told to disable it because I don't use a modem so it should not be a problem. I deleted it from the device manager. still the same problem.

A:Wireless laptop won't connect to internet after new install of XP?

Did you use the Windows wizard...to establish the wireless connection?

Did you install the Dell wireless networking driver for your system?

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh&releaseid=R151519&SystemID=INS_PNT_CEL_1100&servicetag=&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=8041&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=5&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=5&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=202138

The dialup modem is unnecessary, no point in installing drivers for it...I just disable mine, in the BIOS/Setup.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/410071/wireless-laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-after-new-install-of-xp/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi everyone,

I know this issue is getting really old but lately i've been having problems connection to the internet. First of all it does say that i'm connected but when i go on firefox it says problem with server. Also computer lags every few seconds and in the task manager system idle process is 95-99(which is apparently normal from what i've seen). I think something is wrong with my computer, is there some kind of virus im not detecting? Please help. (I have Windows XP Professional Service pack 2)

A:Cannot connect wireless Internet, and laptop lagging

Try deleting your cookies and temp files and run this temp file cleaner:
Temp File Cleaner

What version of Windows are you running? Service Pack 3 i waiting for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-wireless-internet-and-laptop-lagging.141908/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi everyone,

I know this issue is getting really old but lately i've been having problems connection to the internet. First of all it does say that i'm connected but when i go on firefox it says problem with server. Also computer lags every few seconds and in the task manager system idle process is 95-99(which is apparently normal from what i've seen). I think something is wrong with my computer, is there some kind of virus im not detecting? Please help. (I have Windows XP Professional Service pack 2)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-connect-wireless-internet-and-laptop-lagging-455644.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello all I d really love some assistance with this issue No matter if I have my HP netbook connected to a wired or wireless connection I m stuck on the quot Acquiring network quot prompt I ve followed along in previous threads up until a certain point In the services page DHCP cannot start due to error I tried SFC SCANNOW and the anti virus software on the netbook picked up a trojan that s in this file quot WINDOWS System drivers netbt sys quot My anti virus has quot quarantined quot the virus and it cannot be accessed until the virus software is updated and Laptop or Internet connect cannot to wired wireless can deal with the trojan However I cannot update the software until I can connect to the Internet I m not sure if netbt sys is needed for this I did not see it in the DHCP dependencies list Other than that the SFC SCANNOW option did not find anything else I was thinking I may need to nuke the system and re-install Laptop cannot connect to wired or wireless Internet XP Laptop cannot connect to wired or wireless Internet however this is a netbook and I don t have an XP install CD handy I am however familiar with how to connect the netbook to another computer to use it s CD drive Can anyone think of anything else I can do here I would love to not have to buy an XP install CD Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

I hope to be in the correct place. I have a HP Pavilion laptop, used to connect to wireless internet,. Now won't connect, doesn't find wireless networks, and I'm stumped. Must have removed something wrong or connected incorrectly when trying to set up wireless connection. Have Lynksis for home/and desktop connection. Do I need to go to repair shop or does it sound simple to those more computer knowledgable than I?

A:Laptop wont connect to wireless internet

Well, let's start small. Did you turn it off using the button/switch/shortcut key (depending on the model) on the notebook itself?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-wireless-internet.99363/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi wondering if anyone can help me For some reason my home comp will not connect to the internet anymore i have a wireless router that the laptop connetcs to fine but home comp just will not connect iv tried reinstalling the hardware for the wireless but when iv tried doing that it says there is a problem with the connection to the router but i dont think this is the problem as the laptop can connect pefectly If you go into my network places there are two lan or high speed internet a local area connection or connection local says its connected and on my task bar there are two comps on it with a little ball going back and fourth if i disable the local they disappear Please if someone can help me Dont no if this also helps but a disk clean up and defrag was done the main comp a last week sometime please if someone can help Thanks nbsp

A:Pc wont connect to internet but laptop will through wireless

plus home pc is windows xp laptop is vista but worked perfectly fine last week aswel,laptop workin fine just home pc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-connect-to-internet-but-laptop-will-through-wireless.608763/
Relevancy 68.37%

i got a new windows HP compaq laptop and i went to the mall where there are lots of free wireless internet internet connect w/ to laptop cant new HP Win7 wireless connections krispy Kreme was where i was at and they had a connection and they gave me the password to connect all of the drivers and everything are working and the wireless connectivity is on etc etc there is no indication of anything cant connect to wireless internet w/ new Win7 HP laptop on the computer not being ready to connect to the wireless network and the computer says that it detects the connection and everything but when i try to connect it just says it cant and it wont give an error report or any other reason as to what the problem could be full bars are detected on the signal strength access is granted from being an unsecured connection cause its free full access or the password is simply given to me and i checked and rechecked connectivity and setup in the computer this seems to be happening with windows a lot but most people are wanting to connect to the wireless from the router in their house but im wondering why cant i connect to the free networks at starbucks and krispy kreme and mcdonalds and all of that even though everything seems fine

A:cant connect to wireless internet w/ new Win7 HP laptop

Hi Chrisv,

What kind of antivirus software are you running?

Check out this thread, too: Cant connect to wireless internet - Vista Forums

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/69849-cant-connect-wireless-internet-w-new-win7-hp-laptop.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,
When I turned on my laptop I couldn't connect to the internet. It was working fine yesterday, but for some reason I can't today

--
Connection Status

Limited or no connectivity
You might not be able to access the internet or some network resources. This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer.
--

I've tried clicking repair and that doesn't solve the problem anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks in advance,
s.kageyoshi

A:Solved: Can't connect to wireless internet with laptop

s.kageyoshi said:

Hi,
When I turned on my laptop I couldn't connect to the internet. It was working fine yesterday, but for some reason I can't today

--
Connection Status

Limited or no connectivity
You might not be able to access the internet or some network resources. This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer.
--

I've tried clicking repair and that doesn't solve the problem anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks in advance,
s.kageyoshiClick to expand...

This is seen a lot if you have entered the wrong key to connect to the network, so try to enter the key again and make sure it is right. Can any other computers connect to this network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-to-wireless-internet-with-laptop.540102/
Relevancy 68.37%

I just got a new computer, I have hooked up the ethernet cable and am work fine.

However, my Laptop says its connected to the internet but when I try to access any page on the net it says its not available.

My laptop is wireless and has been working fine.

anyideas?? very new to networking, but everything was working fine with the old cpu.

thanks

A:New computer now cant connect to internet with wireless laptop

Help Please

Laptop not able to access the internet, but it is conn to the wireless conn.

not sure which way to go now. called comcast and he said if your desktop is online and you are getting a wireless network conn is now connected and strength is excellant then the laptop should also be able to access the internet.

Thanks in advance for your HELP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-computer-now-cant-connect-to-internet-with-wireless-laptop.608721/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a Dell Latitude D with a Windows XP OS that hasn't been used for a while and have tried unsuccessfully through multiple attempts to connect to the internet via my wireless router at home Using the built-in wireless card TrueMobile Client Utility - confirmed the General to Internet, Problems Connect Not & Wireless Unable to Working signal was received but when I opened the network connections window there was nothing blank window Unable to Connect to Internet, Wireless Not Working & General Problems Plugged the ethernet cord directly into the laptop - still nothing At this point I began searching online and found this site Tried following the instructions from another fix - Start Run - Cmd - Ipconfig release - Ipconfig renew Error Message An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request timed out No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media Unable to Connect to Internet, Wireless Not Working & General Problems disconnected As an aside I also plugged in an external hard-drive to move some old files and the hard-drive is not showing up in the quot My Computer quot window Unable to Connect to Internet, Wireless Not Working & General Problems So I'm now trying to determine if the laptop is salvageable I appreciate any insights the community may offer to assist

A:Unable to Connect to Internet, Wireless Not Working & General Problems

Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager any devices with yellow marks need drivers installed. On an internet computer go to the Dell Drivers site for you Latitude D600 model and download the Chipset Driver, Network (Broadcom Driver and Wireless) and any other drivers that have yellow marks in Device Manager. Save them to a USB Flash Drive or burn them to CD and transfer them over to this computer and install them starting with the Chipset driver first.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-connect-to-internet-wireless-not-working-and-general-problems-612145.html
Relevancy 67.94%

It started when my roommate could not connect her PS to the wireless network She went in and changed some of the numbers for our network and dabbled around with the IPs and such Afterwards she still could not connect the PS to the network and gave up she tells me changed it all back Other devices still connected just fine Three days later she tried again and one of our friends messed around with it and from what I was told had hit the reset button After that nothing connected and there was no wireless signal However we can still connect to the internet with an ethernet cable thats connected to the router but we are getting nothing as far as a wireless goes I tired unplugging everything and plugging it back in a certain sequence modem then router Ran the setup disc again to see if the software went wonky and just needed to be reinstalled It runs me through the setup but when it asks for the SSID and password it goes through the connection process then stops and asks me for signal) ethernet through wireless(no Can connect through cannot but wireless connect the SSID again Then it asks if everything is plugged in right so I checked to make sure there was nothing wrong with the wires everything looks cherry It then tries to connect again and just Can connect through ethernet but cannot connect through wireless(no wireless signal) takes me to a setup help hotline and tells me that it just wont connect to the wireless I tired to look up the IP address through Google search and I get one number I pinged it and got another diffrent number Neither of those when put into the Address bar will take me to a working site The router Can connect through ethernet but cannot connect through wireless(no wireless signal) is a Belkin N Model F K nbsp

A:Can connect through ethernet but cannot connect through wireless(no wireless signal)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-through-ethernet-but-cannot-connect-through-wireless-no-wireless-signal.1113489/
Relevancy 67.51%

This is the first time I've posted a problem so you need to be gentle with me if I do it wrong! We have been given a Gateway 400SD4 with a 1394 net adapter. We have a Belkin 54g high speed wireless g router connected to a Dell PC. We access the internet using this wireless connection it works fine with my Apple Mac book pro, my nephew and sister in law both use it with their laptops - no problems, works great all over the house. But this new Gateway laptop just will not connect ! Does it need another 'something'? I thought the net adapter was all it needed or am I being really stupid!?

A:unable to connect to internet on laptop using wireless connection

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-internet-on-laptop-using-wireless-connection.640974/
Relevancy 67.51%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm X Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM- AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard HP F Antivirus None I can not connect to my wireless network from my laptop I ve tried researching and trying so many different options but have had no results I m not very tech Only from can internet to not laptop my connect Local wireless Access savy and am tired of getting no results so thought I may be able to get help from here I am able to connect to the internet by plugging the ethernet cord into my laptop but my wireless connection shows quot unidentified quot and Local Access Only can not connect to wireless internet from my laptop says quot local access only quot I don t believe it s my router though because we use our phones ipad and wireless printer with no problems I m going to include what showed up after I did something I saw in another post on this site so that maybe it will help I have an HP laptop Windows Vista -bit OS and belkin router Hopefully someone can help me Windows IP Configuration Host Name AAPC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F-E - E- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c a f b f f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday August AM Lease Expires Sunday August AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-F - -A - - E- - -B -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - -B -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a e b e eb f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday August AM Lease Expires Tuesday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-F - -A - - E- - -B -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Local Access Only can not connect to wireless internet from my laptop

the Atheros AR5007 adapter on vista has given a lot of problems over the years here
the most common fix is to use the driver from the atheros website

heres the full details

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007

Over the last couple of years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

The majority of fixes are via installing a new driver from either the Manufacturers website see item (2) and if that does not resolve the issue then from the atheros web site - see item (3)

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 3) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems

--- 4) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

Please post a reply here , and keep us informed of the situation and how you finally resolved the issue.

To install the driver you will need to do the following

Extract the downloaded zip file into a folder on the PC
then

> Start Globe
> Control Panel
> System and maintenance
> Scroll down to Device manager
> network adaptors, click on the + >
> Right click on the AR5007(EG) Adapter
> click on Update Driver Software...
> click on Browse my computer for driver software
> let me pick from a lis... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-access-only-can-not-connect-to-wireless-internet-from-my-laptop.1105716/
Relevancy 67.51%

I am having a strange problem with my wireless internet in my house. We have ATT highspeed internet and a wireless network set up. My roommates have had no problem connecting to the wireless internet, but my Dell Inspiron Laptop with Windows XP will not connect for some reason. It recognizes the network, and I am sure I am entering the correct password for the network. It says that it is connecting to the wireless network, but nothing happens. This is odd since I am able to connect to other public wireless networks. I am not sure what is causing the connection problem. Please let me know if you have any idea how to figure out what the problem is. Thank you.

A:Dell Laptop Can't Connect to Home Wireless Internet

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. Assuming success you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect. Use WPA-PSK if possible. If you have to use WEP use a HEX key, not an ascii passcode.

If unsuccessful also try to connect via ethernet and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-cant-connect-to-home-wireless-internet.746969/
Relevancy 67.51%

Just woke up yesterday and desktop won't access the internet. It shows a normal connection but neither IE nor Firefox will display a page. ("Page cannot be displayed")

Someone on another site suggested trying "netsh winsock reset" which didn't seem to accomplish anything. What can I do to fix this or figure out my problem?

A:Desktop won't connect to internet (wired) but wireless laptop does

I should add that I have not had any problems with my laptop connecting wirelessly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-wont-connect-to-internet-wired-but-wireless-laptop-does.108252/
Relevancy 67.51%

Dell Inspiron 5100 running windows XP Home, netgear wireless network - Have run Avast, Xsoftspy, spybot and cleaned much garbage out... tried ip congig / all and got NO results (error message said to check with microsoft as this feature wasn't supported!)... friend thinks it's a virus. Cannot re-install XP from original disks - says current version is newer than that on disk - cannot restore as this feature no longer provides a valid restore point - Universal windows boot disk will not repair the problem... about ready to wipe the drive or replace it altogether.. HELP!

Other computers in the house connect with no problems, but the problem machine will not connect even when on a cable...

A:laptop sees wireless network but won't connect to internet

Have you checked in your device manager for conflicts or bad drivers? Specifically, is your wireless card installed and functioning properly? Has this PC ever had access to the internet through this wireless connection?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-sees-wireless-network-but-wont-connect-to-internet-220622.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I just reinstalled XP on my Dell inspiron 1100. Everything works good expect I can't connect wireless to the internet. I use my Ethernet cable and everything works great. The wireless setting say's I'm connected with excellent strength, also I have an IP address. I went to disk management and check for conflicts and noticed the PCI modem was yellow. I was told to disable it because I don't use a modem so it should not be a problem. I deleted it from device manager. I just downloaded Dell wireless driver R151519 but still same problem.

A:Solved: Wireless laptop won't connect to internet after new install of XP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-after-new-install-of-xp.1008000/
Relevancy 67.51%

The wireless internet aspect of my daughter s laptop failed the Connect Working: Can't Point Internet Adapter to Access Recognized/Wireless It is a system board malfunction I Access Point Recognized/Wireless Adapter Working: Can't Connect to the Internet purchased a USB wireless adapter to overcome the issue and after installation it immediately connected to the access point which is connected to my wired Linksys router Cliff Notes Went to connect wirelessly in another room No connection Unplugged the power to router modem and access point for seconds in order to reset Did not resolve the issue Access point is recognized by the laptop and shows it connected and signal good Wireless adater in device manager recognized and fully working It is quot Device funtioning properly quot Attempted to do a repair several times but here is the repeated message quot Connot connect with DNS server Network Diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response quot So Access is functiong and recognized by the laptop as connected and signal is good The wireless adapter is recognized as fully functioning Yet I can t receive a response Advice please Networking isn t anywhere near a strong area for me One other thing My old Toshiba laptop connects with its a b miniwireless card nbsp

A:Access Point Recognized/Wireless Adapter Working: Can't Connect to the Internet

I assume your using some encryption mode? (WPA, WEP, etc.)

1. Make sure by the access point and the wireless adapter are set to use the same mode
2. Have you entered the network password correctly?

If any doubt, see if your router lets u backup its setttings. Then turn off all encryption in both the AP and adapter and see if they connect then (easiest way to prove it's an encryption issue )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/access-point-recognized-wireless-adapter-working-cant-connect-to-the-internet.148286/
Relevancy 67.08%

A friend has a slight issue I am sorry i do not have there pc specs to hand The internet is fine amp the hub was checked by virgin When you fine(for internet. laptop PC is wont to Wireless friend) connect a view the connection manager it shoes icons on the home network A bridge from there PC to the router which is green then a bright to the internet thats black with a X in the middle The tool tip display on the internet connectivity system tray says quot local connect only quot i did manage to get quot Local connect amp internet quot once but it still would not connect The diagnostic tool could not resolve the issue But it says check your domain name server DNS What programs can i run I was thinking maybe dial a fix but could not get connected to download it I will also run MBAM amp remove AVG and replace it with another Any suggestions Please remember i PC wont connect to internet. Wireless laptop is fine(for a friend) am not by or near there machine until tomorrow

A:PC wont connect to internet. Wireless laptop is fine(for a friend)

FWIW: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-networking/fix-problem-local-only-when-connection-is-across-a/0949042d-074e-43ab-ba95-3c06cc2aa6be .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467766/pc-wont-connect-to-internet-wireless-laptop-is-finefor-a-friend/
Relevancy 67.08%

Cant get my dads computer to access the internet though our wireless router. my laptop does it fine. I made the wireless connection a shared connection too so i don't know what to do.

thanks in advance

A:Dads laptop isnt able to connect to the internet through our wireless router

Might really help if you told us a lot more details about your Wireless router and your Dad's computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dads-laptop-isnt-able-to-connect-to-the-internet-through-our-wireless-router.639760/
Relevancy 67.08%

Alright so I was connected to the internet for a while using the Realtek RTL USB wireless card then the router reset and I cannot get it to reconnect now None of the settings where changed anywhere PS I am pretty bad when it comes to networking Things I have Tried Replugging the USB card Restarting PC Reseting winsock reset log Ipconfig all BELOW Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mike Primary Lan internet will Wireless to (Realtek not RTL8187 Utility) USB connect Laptop Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL Wireless b g Mbps USB Network Adapter Physical Address - A-EF- -B - Laptop (Realtek RTL8187 USB Wireless Lan Utility) will not connect to internet E Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - -C - - -B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday February AM Lease Expires Tuesday February A M Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Dell Wireless Draft n WLA N Mini-Card Physical Address - -CF-A - -D nbsp

A:Laptop (Realtek RTL8187 USB Wireless Lan Utility) will not connect to internet

I had a problem with my son's laptop after downgrading from Vista to XP. It also has a Realtek RTL8187B. Device Manager showed the wireless adapter working, but was unable to find any networks. Turning on the Wireless switch on the laptop did not work.

After about a month, I read the manual again (carefully this time). It says to press the Fn key together with the F2 key to enable the wireless radio. After I pressed both keys together, it worked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-realtek-rtl8187-usb-wireless-lan-utility-will-not-connect-to-internet.803507/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi all,

My laptop connects to my home wireless network without any issues but whenever I try going online via Firefox/IE, I get a message saying "unable to connect, problem loading page". My other wireless devices can all connect to the internet without any issues so the problem is isolated to this one laptop.

I've gone into the command prompt to check the ipconfig /all information and the IP addresses, DNS info, and gateways all check out. I can ping google.com successfully from the problematic laptop. I've tried to reboot in Safe Mode with Networking and the internet works in that instance. So I believe there's something running upon normal startup that's preventing me from accessing the internet through my browser. But I have no idea where to start.

The problematic laptop is running WIndows XP (SP2). Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

A:Laptop can connect to wireless network but has issues connecting to the Internet

First thing you should do, IMO...install SP3 and all the critical updates that have been disseminated since SP3. Then... Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size. Click Go and paste the content into your next post. Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link. Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497855/laptop-can-connect-to-wireless-network-but-has-issues-connecting-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 67.08%

Recently have not been able to connect to wireless internet on my laptop. I have never had this problem before. I have a desktop computer which is connected to the modem and router and its internet is working fine. As well as another laptop in my house can connect to the wireless internet with no problems. I have been removing many virus' from my computer with Malwarebytes and it has been very helpful. However, I seem to have a Bullseye Tool Bar program that I can't remove. It was "downloaded" on the day my internet stopped working. If anyone knows of anything that would help, please let me know!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-wireless-internet-on-my-laptop-bullseye-tool-bar-removal.838822/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a wireless modem and my connection was fine until I attempted to wirelessly connect my printer After that I can see my wireless connect connection with I connect, i can wireless my can ethernet but cannot see connection but every time I attempt to connect I get I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet this simple message saying cannot connect to this network I have reentered my network code but that didn t work Kinda new to this I can normally just play around until I get things straight but I ve been at this about days to no avail HELP Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Tyranny gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet Local I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ms comcast net Link-local IPv Address fe ad b db d IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ms comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ms comcast net Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e fb cd df Link-local IPv Address fe fb cd df Default Gateway C Users Tyranny gt nbsp

A:I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-can-see-my-wireless-connection-but-i-cannot-connect-can-connect-with-ethernet.1074661/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have just moved in to a basement apartment and can connect to via Cannot wireless via Solved: ethernet connect can but connect the internet with my wireless but not with the ethernet cord ran downstairs for me The other computers upstairs work fine on ethernet through the same router I do not understand what the problem could be here are my configs Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name Doug-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Solved: Cannot connect via ethernet but can connect via wireless Belkin Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - E- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Solved: Cannot connect via ethernet but can connect via wireless Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local Solved: Cannot connect via ethernet but can connect via wireless IPv Address fe d f a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January- - PM Lease Expires February- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - D- -DF- B- E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Generic Marvell Yukon E based Ether net Controller Physical Address - D- -DF- B- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - D- -DF- B- E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E D C- D A- - -A D br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot connect via ethernet but can connect via wireless

Could be a defective cable or NIC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-via-ethernet-but-can-connect-via-wireless.1034028/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a motorola modem (SB5102) and a D-Link Router (WBR-1310). I have a pc which is connected to the modem and the router with wires. From this afternoon there is no internet connection on my pc. The icon on the bottom right says unindentified network, Access: Local Only. But my laptop, which is connected wirelessly, is working fine. it has good internet connection and everything. All my other wireless devices are also working fine. But only my pc (which is connected with cables to the modem and router), is not getting any internet. Can anyone please help me with this weird problem. Thanks!

Both the pc and laptop have Windows Vista.

Relevancy 66.22%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 65.79%

This morning I went to go on to the internet and it says it can't connect to a network. I've never had this problem before so I clicked on the network and it said it couldn't detect any.

When i clicked on "diagnose the problem" it says "there are driver or hardware problems with the network adapter "dell wireless 1390 WLAN mini-card" on this computer.

I have a Dell Inspiron 640m

I can find the cord to hook it up to the internet with a wire (I can buy one if absolutely needed) and I do have the original software CD.

I not good with computers so if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

A:Laptop won't connect to internet...dell wireless 1390 wlan mini-card.

Hi:Take a look at device manager,particularly the WLAN card.Any error indicators?
Let’s take a look at the status of the network adapters

Device manager:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?
4. should be enabled and working properly.
5. If error code,what is it ?

It would be best if you could post a screen shot of Device Manager with the Network adapters and Other devices sections expanded.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

Also.Go to the Dell site.Search the drivers available for your particular model by inputting the service tag # for your unit.Should be on a side or bottom tag along with model and serial #.This will make it a lot easier to determine the proper driver(s) to download/install

Also,let's see this:
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-dell-wireless-1390-wlan-mini-card.971210/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello guys a very annoying problem I have eversince I got wireless internet in My internet just randomly stops internet wireless working Laptop suddenly not working mostly when I boot my laptop or when I get it out off standby This is what happens I try to connect to my router but Windows says quot cannot connect to belkin g quot SSID The strange thing is I had the same with my old Windows XP computer years ago but back then I had a Linksys router My current router is a Belking no idea what model Also very weird is the fact that my internet Laptop wireless internet not working suddenly monitor I installed a Windows desktop gadget shows that the connection is being interrupted all the time It goes from signal strength to in seconds but after another seconds the signal is lost and the gadget is displaying signal strength Though the LED on my router's WLAN is not red nor are any other LED's colored red Can someone pleaaaaaaaaaaase help me out Laptop wireless internet not working suddenly I got this problem for years and years I've also configured my network card not to go in standby modus whenever the laptop is in standby this didn't work out the way I've hoped One more thing once I am connected to the router and have access to the internet there is no problem anymore and I can be online for like month without rebooting or whatever But sometimes when I reboot come back out of standby it just doesn't work and I need to reboot again Sometimes it still doesn't work after rebooting so I reboot again and then it is mostly working but it is so beep annoying

A:Laptop wireless internet not working suddenly

Have you rebooted your wireless router recently?

Have you tried changing any of the broadcast channels? Maybe an electrical device is causing interference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/104562-laptop-wireless-internet-not-working-suddenly.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I just got a new dell laptop. When i turn on the computer, it says i am connected to a wireless network,and i have a full signal. however, when i click on internet explorer, nothing comes up-not even a system message, let alone a website. also, on the bottom toolbar, there is an icon of two little computers and it says "a network cable is unplugged". please help. i can't figure out what's wrong. thanks.

A:HELP!! new laptop and wireless network but no working internet!

Click Start, Control Panel then Network Connections. You should have a Wireless connection there. Double click it. Click View Wireless Networks and you should have a wireless network there. If not click refresh network list on the left. If you do have one shown click on advanced settings then wireless settings. Click on Advanced make sure Any Available Network is checked. If more that one wireless network is showing you have to move your Up to the first position. Also do you have Wep Or Wap enabled? If so you would have to enter the key. Also make sure you are close to your wireless router when doing this to rule out a weak signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-new-laptop-and-wireless-network-but-no-working-internet.51927/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi. I cannot connect to my wireless internet, however I can connect when using my ethernet cable. I don't usually have problems connecting to wireless and my other roommates are using the wireless without trouble, so I believe it is my computer. Help! Thanks!

A:Can connect with ethernet but not wireless

Here is the support and driver downloads site for the Acer Aspire 4720Z laptop/notebook.

I suggest you add and save this site in your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can readily refer to it when needed.

You may need to reinstall or update the driver for the wireless device.

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-with-ethernet-but-not-wireless.1063626/
Relevancy 65.36%

Im sure this is something really simple but basically with my laptop i can connect to my router wirelessly fine but when connected via an ethernet cable web pages dont load although everything states its connected???
When you attempt to load a page the load bar starts to work in the bottom right hand corner to indicate its loading but doesnt go any further than halfway and never loads?
My security programme is ESET and have attempted disabling the personal firewall in the hope this may help but no joy.
Have tried another laptop connected up via ethernet cable and that laptop worked fine loading pages problem free??
To me this seems odd but could be relatively simple as it states connection, can be prooved to work fine on another laptop so it must be something on my laptop stopping it going any further??
Could anyone please lend some much needed advice pls? would be much appraciated
thanks
Paul

A:Can connect wireless but not via ethernet ?

Try these simple tests using the wired connection only with the wireless disconnected.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-connect-wireless-but-not-via-ethernet.883365/
Relevancy 65.36%

My Operating system crashed yesterday and I had to reinstall it thus deleting everything off of my computer including my configuration for wireless internet I installed the wireless adapter Netgear WG v like I was supposed to I put the most up-to-date drivers for my computer to use the adapter as well as for the adapter to operate It detects signals just fine but when I put in my network s WPA passcode my adapter gets stuck in this loop of quot acquiring network address quot and then dropping it and quot acquiring network address quot again This baffles me because or wireless Can't connect ethernet to the code has worked on other machines Then when I tried to connect my computer via ethernet cable not only would my computer not connect to the internet it s not even showing ethernet connection as an option in my Network Connections I really have no idea what to do at this point Can anyone help me with this nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

I spent about an hour going through similar posts here but didn t really find what I needed I m hoping Having Wireless Internet connection Laptop getting a working problem this is just something stupid on my part Here s the deal My sons laptop crashed I did what I could to recover it but no good Was able to recover his important files from help I got here so I picked up a new harddrive WD gig Having a problem getting Wireless Laptop Internet connection working and installed WINXP Pro fresh My desktop is hardwired from a Linksys WRT G Wireless-G Broadband router that is connected to cablevision via a Com U S Robotics modem The problem now is trying to get an internet connection on the laptop Prior to the crash he was able to connect using the wireless router I ve tried going directly to the laptop from the modem just to get an internet connection but I haven t got that to happen yet Do I need to install the com modem software on the laptop I just installed Norton Antivrus on the Desktop How do I check for Firewall issues Any help is appreciated Even just a pointer to a good article might do it Thanks nbsp

A:Having a problem getting Wireless Laptop Internet connection working

So Your laptop has a wireless network card? Install the drivers for that and make sure it is working, then on the computer with the router, the laptop card should show up, try to establish that first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-a-problem-getting-wireless-laptop-internet-connection-working.28982/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a HP laptop that runs windows Vista Premium and is connected to an old Netgear wireless router with which a broadband modem is laptop wireless on working stopped Internet suddenly :-S connected to I have had this setup for nearly two years and has been running great including this Internet on wireless laptop suddenly stopped working :-S morning However tonight I cannot get the laptop to connect to the internet I have had a couple of weird issues before but restarting the computer has always fixed it This time I have restarted everything and I can access other computers on the network not wireless but not Internet on wireless laptop suddenly stopped working :-S the internet Strangely a hard drive that is connected to another computer that is shared for my backups is also not being found the other computer is plugged into the router through an ethernet cable and internet works fine MSN Explorer and the like will not connect to the net Interestingly when I start Mozilla Firefox which loads a simplified google homepage after a long long time loads about hald way Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be I dont know what to do or try because I havent seemed to change anything to stop it working Any ideas I could try would be much appreciated Olivier nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,
I had a hard drive that failed about a year ago, internet was working fine then. I have been running on an external hard drive since then & the internet is working without a problem, about a week ago I ran the chkdsk on the original hard drive and was able to access it once again. My problem now is that I can no longer access the internet it wont connect. It states that the media state is disconnected & when I do manage to get it connected it stays on acquiring network address. Any help to helping me solve this problem is appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346745/wireless-ethernet-networks-will-not-connect/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello please help me i have a problem with my Laptop that can't connect ethernet, can LAN, (wireless), USB Can't WIFI connect to my home wifi Another notebook can connect no problem handphone and ipod no problem only this laptop I've just bought the laptop day after that i dont know why become limited and then after i try many way from google become cannot connect to my wifi now already week I CAN CONNECT to my wifi if i bring the modem wifi really near with my laptop and sometimes limited Can't connect WIFI (wireless), ethernet, LAN, USB can sometimes 'connected' but really super slow connection internet i tried from my phone the internet connection good I have wifi in my home the Modem wifi and via USB connect to the ROuter TP-LINK I have tried the third wifi from another person which Can't connect WIFI (wireless), ethernet, LAN, USB can is same type with my modem wifi but still can connect I wonder why I have installed the latest drive in hp website tried changed previous driver re installed times whatever way i can find in google this is the last resort maybe These are the descriptions product HP -r tx windows pro WMC bit driver Ralink RT bgn Wi-Fi Adapter provider mediatek version driver date hardware ids PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS EC C amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS EC C PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC when I connected to ITEZA with superslow connection i tried the troubleshoot problems sometimes it says my connection of router is broken sometimes DNS sometimes nothing particular when Can't connect WIFI (wireless), ethernet, LAN, USB can i tried repairing the computer via quot F - gt boot CD- gt klik repair - gt troubleshoot- gt check conflict there is conflic which is quot net x sys quot if I am not mistaken and that is my driver so i unistall and change the drivers and still no solution Please can anyone help me I'd really appreciate it

A:Can't connect WIFI (wireless), ethernet, LAN, USB can

If this is a new, 1 week old laptop, I would contact tech support for help. You may have a defective wifi adapter. If it is defective, it should be covered under warranty.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62349-cant-connect-wifi-wireless-ethernet-lan-usb-can.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,
Can anyone help? I tried deleting and reinstalling the drivers, as well as netsh int ip rest and winsock. As well as making sure the LAN proxy box was unchecked. Nothing seems to work. It just tries and tries to connect with no packets going in.

A:Can't connect to wireless or ethernet after scans

What scans are we talking about?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346519/cant-connect-to-wireless-or-ethernet-after-scans/
Relevancy 64.5%

System Info Gateway laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium SP Intel Wireless WiFi Link AGN Belkin N Please or Ethernet - Cannot Solved: via HELP! Wireless Connect router On after downloading an update for Norton Internet Security I received the following error message Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system As an administrator user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the Solved: Cannot Connect via Wireless or Ethernet - Please HELP! service didn t respond In order to get rid of this error message I performed a system restore back to prior to the Norton update I have tried the following with no success I restarted both router and modem checked settings on wireless adapter both router and adapter set up to as WPA -AES It keeps on stating it s connected to my network with Unidentified Network in front of my network name but I can t connect to IE or Firefox I also cannot connect via Ethernet when turning off the wireless button states Unidentified Network Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks John nbsp