Windows Support Forum

[SOLVED] Arabic/greek characters + Hidden Files + Securom = Catch22 of can't delete?

Q: [SOLVED] Arabic/greek characters + Hidden Files + Securom = Catch22 of can't delete?

Operating system Windows Ultimate x fully updated I believe the files in question came from the old Bioshock demo and thus SecuROM System specs Probably not relevant but just in case AMD Athlon X ASUS A N-SLI Premium nVidia GeForce x in SLi GB RAM for some reason Big ol' noisy-assed PSU The drive in question is my system drive hence trying to keep it clean a Files Securom Arabic/greek Hidden can't [SOLVED] = delete? + of characters Catch22 + SATA GB Western Digital Raptor Problem description I've got the common problem of having an undeletable Windows [SOLVED] Arabic/greek characters + Hidden Files + Securom = Catch22 of can't delete? old folder left over by evil SecuROM but I'm having an absolute Weston getting rid of this one A combination of corrupted non-standard filenames stuck attributes and the fact that MS-DOS [SOLVED] Arabic/greek characters + Hidden Files + Securom = Catch22 of can't delete? wildcard commands suck has left me tearing my hair out I have a horrible nagging suspicion that I'm in a Catch Attempted fixes All the below is being done as Administrator where applicable Using the official SecuROM Removal Tool Running in safe mode Using file unlockers such as Lockhunter Using third-party force-delete utilities such as Delete Doctor None of these work and I believe all for the same reason - Windows can't delete these files for some reason other than an already running process Here's where it gets a bit [SOLVED] Arabic/greek characters + Hidden Files + Securom = Catch22 of can't delete? more complex Going to town on this thing in the command prompt It felt like trying to get my AUTOEXEC BAT and CONFIG SYS working for the Eldar Scrolls Arena from back in the day The first problem was that the entire directory tree was hidden in the command prompt and Explorer ATTRIB -H didn't work However ATTRIB ActualDirectoryName -H did work strangely I'm told that this is because wildcards don't always work for some maddening reason As such I now have successfully unhidden all the nested directories Just blacking out the wife's name However the actual files which are causing the problems are still hidden The reason for this is that they have fruity non-standard filenames like the following little gem Terrific This means that in DOS they look like this I'm using DIR A H here because it's the only way to get any sign that the file exists at all Even the DIR X command doesn't seem to help here Trying to delete unhide or rename the file from here using the autocomplete version of the filename doesn't work resulting in the following cycle of joy So I can't unhide rename delete it in DOS because of its fruity filename and I can't rename it in Explorer because it's hidden beyond Explorer's ability to reveal DEL and similar also don't work - again apparantly because the wildcard function struggles to deal with such unusual filenames or something Even ICACLS doesn't seem to help although there may be helpful ways of using it I don't know about The only application which seemed to get anywhere was Disk Investigator v which at least successfully saw the files in question Even that couldn't actually open edit them though Thumbnail for size So - does anyone know some command prompt function or Really-Hardcore-See-And-Delete-The-File exe-type utility which may help me here Or am I being a doof and missing something really easy Pre-emptive big thanks to you guys for being around to help out with this nonsense

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: [SOLVED] Arabic/greek characters + Hidden Files + Securom = Catch22 of can't delete?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: [SOLVED] Arabic/greek characters + Hidden Files + Securom = Catch22 of can't delete?

Hi -

Download/ install delinvfile --> http://www.purgeie.com/delinv/dldelinv.htm

Run it at elevated admin level - RIGHT-click, "Run as Admin"

Also --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933212

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-arabic-greek-characters-hidden-files-securom-catch22-of-cant-delete-467464.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi hopefully this is the correct subforum for the issue I m experiencing Today I began some routine security scans Once I & Hidden Unknown Files SecuROM Sophos got round to Sophos I let it run for the full duration As expected it returned some hidden Avast files which to my knowledge are related to the sandbox module However it also returned two Sophos & SecuROM Unknown Hidden Files unexpected entries Area Local hard drives Description Sophos & SecuROM Unknown Hidden Files Unknown hidden file Location C Users Brad AppData Roaming SecuROM UserData Removable Yes but clean up not recommended for this file Notes no more detail available Area Local hard drives Description Unknown hidden file Location C Users Brad AppData Roaming SecuROM UserData Removable Yes but clean up not recommended for this file Notes no more detail available I had no idea what these were so I did the obvious and Googled related phrases Unfortunately I haven t been able to find anything definitive SecuROM appears to be a copyright protection tool though what these exact files are and how if they relate to SecuROM I don t know The time and date of creation for both of these files is AM This happens to be almost exactly the same time I had installed the game Crysis Crysis does also appear to use SecuROM How should I proceed with this I don t want to ignore a potential threat but at the same time these files are alien to me Does anyone know what they are Is there anything I can use to determine whether they re safe Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/440327/sophos-securom-unknown-hidden-files/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have an application running in the UK which produces printed output. I now need to print it in Greek! All strings which need to be printed are in a database and they have been translated.

When I read these strings and attempt to print them I see the following:

1) if I have my regional settings for non-unicode programs set to Uk, then I get question marks replacing most characters

2) if I set that option to Greek, I get different characters - ones with accents (different sorts), double-dots, etc - looks pretty foreign but it is not Greek!!

My print font currently is Arial. I use Printer.print <string> to print.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Michele

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printing-greek-characters-in-vb.121866/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a pre-owned Laptop PC running Windows XP. The owner left the OS & essential apps. on the computer, which I want to keep there -but he/she also left images (mostly just desktop backgrounds & screensavers) that I can't find via the Windows Explorer search-tool.

Please recommend the best file-management app. (AKA Total Commander or XYplorer) to use in order to find the hidden images that only show up when I go through the list of pics in Control Panel > Display-window (in the Screensavers & Backgrounds categories).

I've been trying to find these images for a while so I could finally delete them. 1 of them is a background-image that shows up before my desktop & icons appear (when logging into WinXP). Please help me. I appreciate your time & patience for reading about this problem.

Relevancy 71.38%

Hi I have had a number of files appear on the external HD of my computer with strange characters eg quot i amp z I files with Unable characters delete to forreign have ran a virus scan with Avast but it is unable to scan files that contains these wierd characters When I try to delete Unable to delete files with forreign characters these files I receive the error quot File name you specified not valid or too long quot My OS is W and I have attempted to delete these files in the following ways - Renaming the files - receive the same error message - Deleting in Safe Mode - same error - Deleting using quot File Shredder quot - receive an error that advises the file s are in use - deleting folders that contain these characters using the quot rmdir quot prompt in MSDOS - same error as above - Cutting and pasting from the current location on my external hard drive to the root location C - nothing happens Please please help I would really like to avoid re formatting my external harddrive OS - W External HD format - FAT Just let me know if I need to give more information nbsp

A:Unable to delete files with forreign characters

Generally, the existence of such files indicates a corrupted file system. You could try running chkdsk /f on the drive first, but be sure you have all your files backed up (you should, anyway) in case chkdsk destroys their contents.

Otherwise, a repartition and reformat is the best idea.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-delete-files-with-forreign-characters.977836/
Relevancy 71.38%

I frequently want to clean out folders that have file names over 64 characters. Currently I am up against one of about 80 characters. I most frequently find these thiongs on Content.ie5 folders. I can't delete it. I can't rename it and I can't move it. I can, however, copy it and make another file of the same name in another fiolder that I cannot delete.

I can't format the drive in Windows, either.

Any suggestions?

This one happens to be a USB drive--160-Gig IDE drive in a USB enclosure.

Relevancy 71.38%

I frequently want to clean out folders that have file names over 64 characters. Currently I am up against one of about 80 characters. I most frequently find these thiongs on Content.ie5 folders. I can't delete it. I can't rename it and I can't move it. I can, however, copy it and make another file of the same name in another fiolder that I cannot delete.

I can't format the drive in Windows, either.

Any suggestions?

This one happens to be a USB drive--160-Gig IDE drive in a USB enclosure.

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, having read through some of the security posts i am aware that details of deleting 'UAService' have already been given-and i have already deleted that particular service. However i am still finding SecuROM files in my registry which will not delete at all:

Key named HKLM\SOFTWARE\SecuROM\!CAUTION! NEVER DELETE OR CHANGE ANY KEY
Subsequently when i try to delete this (which appears to be a rootkit)it will not delete and displays the message:

!CAUTION! NEVER DELETE OR CHANGE ANY KEY, cannot be deleted the file
cannot be found.

Any help gratefully received?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/securom-will-not-delete-on-vista-175983.html
Relevancy 67.94%

In my current v. of MSN Messenger (5.0), there used to be a little word saying "welcome" just above where you click Sign In. Now I see the word has changed into Greek symbols or something. Is this the work of a virus or is it not something to worry about? Thanks

Relevancy 67.51%

I have two hidden files in my Windows 7 system32 directory of about 100k each. These two files have a strange symbol set that looks like chinese characters. If on folder options, I turn on show operating system files and also turn on hidden files, they do not show up in the directory. The only way I knew that they were there was when I was uploading another file to Virus Total and saw them there. Virus Total shows no malware on these files. I don't know what these files are doing in my system directory.

Is there a program that can actually see these hidden files and delete them? I attached one as an example

A:Hidden files that I cannot delete

Hello there

I do not know of a program that can possibly delete those files, ''yet''. But I can suggest the following:
Run the Command Prompt as an administrator and execute the following command: sfc /scannow

That command will check the integrity of all the system files and possibly give more information on those.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583252/hidden-files-that-i-cannot-delete/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello This is my first posting so here goes A number of weeks ago I ran across a freebie file that I could download and subsequently enter files into that would be accessed only with a password I proceeded to enter private and personal information into it finding it very useful as my grandkids are forever roaming through my PC Much to my dismay they somehow wiped out a number of my files including all evidence of the hidden files folder I scoured my hard drive hoping I would find some clue to the hidden folder but no luck so I assumed it was deleted A few days ago I ran a program called quot largest files finder quot just to get an idea of what files were taking up the most space on my hard drive when lo and behold there were my missing files listed among all the others I tried dragging them out copying deleting etc nothing works I can open the files but cannot do Hidden Cant Delete Files anything with them Cant Delete Hidden Files At this point I would be satisfied to just delete them and chalk it up as a lost cause Can anyone out there crank up their expertise and show me how to delete these files Many thanks Duxfordmemory

A:Cant Delete Hidden Files

What was the name of the program, that ate your files.Someone here might be able to help, if they knew the name of the program.If that fails:Have you tried deleting it, in Safe Mode?How to start Windows in Safe ModeHave you checked the folder's Properties?Right click the folder, and select Properties.Make sure it's not set to, Read-only.If it is, uncheck it, click Apply, and click OK.Now try to delete it.Have you tried renaming the file, then deleting it?Name it anything you want, like trash, old, useless, ........ whatever.If none of the above works, here are a couple of programs, you can try:UnlockerEraserDelete DoctorThere's also this Microsoft Knowledge Base Article that might be helpful:How To Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/119376/cant-delete-hidden-files/
Relevancy 67.51%

how do you totally delete the history of internet explorer? hav been told tha windows also stores files on your hard drive that do not delete wen you delete everything in your temporary internet files? can any1 help? dan

Relevancy 66.65%

Is there an easy way to delete all the deleted files still left on my computer? I have a key code for a program that only works once, I erased the program and when I put it back on it wouldn't take my old code. ANy ideas or help would be great! Thanx

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi there,When doing a full-computer virus scan, I noticed that it is taking forever for the software to search through the apparent 'recycling bin'.Of course, I had already cleaned it out. However, after going to where it is located on my computer, it seems there are quite a few hidden files that can't be deleted:http://screensnapr.com/u/w7f7in.pngI've changed my computer settings in control panel to show hidden files, but it doesn't seem to work.Do you know how I can view & delete all of these files from the Recycling bin?Thanks!Donny

A:How to delete Recycling Bin Hidden Files

Right click on Recycle bin and choose, (empty recycle bin).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/340587/how-to-delete-recycling-bin-hidden-files/
Relevancy 66.65%

Windows XP
I delete 2 files. It is shown in recycle bin. I delete them by right click. The pop-up windows "Confirm muliple file delete. Are you sure you want to delete these 10 items?" I click Yes. It shows "Error deleting file or folder. Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk" My 2 deleted files are still there. I have to delete them one at a time by using right click delete. After delete all of them I try to empty recycle bin. It shows "Confirm multiple file delete. Are you sure you want to delete these 8 items?" I click Yes. It shows "Error deleting file or folder. Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk"

Can anyone help me.
Thanks
Suwan

Relevancy 65.79%

Windows XP
I too, have hidden files in recycle bin.
I can add items (delete to) to the recycle bin. I can see them under explorer.
e.g.
delete 2 items.
view them with explorer
Right Click to delete ;;; message is do you want to delete 23 items in bin ?
Delete them. ---- icon will not clear ---- right click to empty recycle bin still available.
Right Click to delete ---- message is do you want to delete 21 items in bin ?
I always have 21 items in recycle bin. Can't see them.

I have "rebuilt" the recycle bin with various suggestion from the net. I have deleted all recycle bins from my system. Still I continue to have 21 items in my bin after rebooting..

Can anyone help me.
Thanks
George

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-hidden-files-in-recycle-bin-cant-delete.681964/
Relevancy 64.5%

I chose to show all the hidden files and folders on my computer which now shows a lot of files and folders which I don amp t recognize and don amp t know are safe to delete or not Firstly one of the folders on my desktop has a lot of files with tmp extensions probably remnants of Microsoft Word documents that didn amp t close properly These are safe to delete right And in my C drive I amp m unsure about these mystery previously hidden folders - DIVTOOLS - MSOCache What is DIVTOOLS and is it safe to delete And can I delete the stuff inside MSOCache There amp s also a Notepad file named SAUDIT which seems to carry some technical info about my computer such as brand name and model Is that to hidden, to delete? do visible...safe some some unknown What files/folders, about safe to delete In C APPS I amp m curious about the following visible folders not hidden BT MCA NIS and RecordNow MCA refers to McAfee and NIS to Norton Internet Security If I amp m sure I amp m never going to use these antivirus programs again is it safe to delete their folders I What to do about unknown files/folders, some hidden, some visible...safe to delete? amp m also unsure what BT and RecordNow are BT amp s setup exe program is from Broadcom Corporation Are BT and RecordNow safe to delete if I don amp t use them What is RecordNow for There are two blank Notepad files in my C Documents and Settings named All Users and Default Users What to do about unknown files/folders, some hidden, some visible...safe to delete? They are each kb Are they safe to delete What to do about unknown files/folders, some hidden, some visible...safe to delete? What are PrintHood and NetHood both in C Documents and Settings Default User They amp re both empty folders but I don amp t think it would be safe to delete them right Lastly but not least important in C WINDOWS I see a lot of previously hidden folders with names full of signs like NtServicePackUninstallIDNMItigationAPIs and NtServicePackUninstallKB All their names are in bright blue What are they In C WINDOWS there amp s also an empty folder called PIF There are also many Notepad documents that seem to be records of some processes that ran Example quot Task Scheduler Service quot Exited at PM quot Task Scheduler Service quot Started at PM quot Task Scheduler Service quot Exited at PM quot Task Scheduler Service quot Started at PM quot Task Scheduler Service quot Exited at AM quot Task Scheduler Service quot Started at AM quot Task Scheduler Service quot Exited at AM quot Task Scheduler Service quot Started at AM quot Task Scheduler Service quot Exited at AM quot Task Scheduler Service quot Started at AM quot Task Scheduler Service quot Exited at PM quot Task Scheduler Service quot Started at PM quot Task Scheduler Service quot Exited at PM quot Task Scheduler Service quot Started at PM quot Task Scheduler Service quot Exited at PM quot Task Scheduler Service quot Started at PM quot Task Scheduler Service quot Example Initializing Message Log tsoc dll Version Major Minor Build PlatForm CSDVer Service Pack Free hydraoc cpp Entering OC PREINITIALIZE hydraoc cpp Component terminalserver SubComponent amp amp amp hydraoc cpp OC PREINITIALIZE Done Returning hydraoc cpp Entering OC INIT COMPONENT hydraoc cpp Component terminalserver SubComponent null state cpp Setup Parameters state cpp We are running on Wks state cpp Is this adv server No state cpp Is this Personal Home Edition No state cpp Is this SBS server No state cpp IsStandAloneSetup Yes state cpp IsFreshInstall No state cpp IsTSFreshInstall No state cpp IsUnattendSetup No state cpp IsUpgradeFromTS No state cpp IsUpgradeFromNT No state cpp IsUpgradeFromNT No state cpp IsUnattended No Are the PIF folder and notepad documents safe to delete Another thing I noticed some time ago that the names of some of my files had changed to bright blue while others remained black Why is that and does the blue colour denote anything I guess that amp s all for now Gawd I feel like a complete ... Read more

A:What to do about unknown files/folders, some hidden, some visible...safe to delete?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-to-do-about-unknown-files-folders-some-hidden-some-visible-safe-to-delete.580522/
Relevancy 63.21%

Please I can,t read my email in Arabic , I have message im my email from 2004 in arabic and it,s shown to me as langue I don't understand ????? please help me ?

it show like this " انية "

A:I cannot read my mail in arabic although my PC support all arabic languages 2014

For starters, what operating system are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-read-my-mail-in-arabic-although-my-pc-support-all-arabic-languages-2014.200403/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have Adobe Reader 9.3. I open some document and the program says that Arabic Transparent Bold is missing.
I tried to install Arabic Transparent Bold that I found from Google search but the problem remains

A:Arabic Arabic Transparent-Bold missing

namo said:

I have Adobe Reader 9.3. I open some document and the program says that Arabic Transparent Bold is missing.
I tried to install Arabic Transparent Bold that I found from Google search but the problem remainsClick to expand...

Hi,
Here is a solution that I spotted on another forum and hopefully it will help you: Scroll down to Post #7

http://www.emiratesmac.com/forums/arabic/5906-arabic-pdf-not-displaying.html

Ray

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/arabic-arabic-transparent-bold-missing.950020/
Relevancy 61.49%

The Arabic text works fine but numbers do not in any program or browser. I have Windows 10 and its a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop 5000 series.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445644-how-can-you-get-arabic-keyboard-type-arabic-numerals.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My computer XP operating system changed completely after downloading and opening F Secure virus protection My desktop now reads in a Greek language as well as my files and I keep getting a backweb error saying it doesn't have a file called BWFiles dll so it can't find the F Prot Secure program Also besides my files reading Greek it also reads some things in a number form Now Reads Desktop Well Language In A Greek As My Files, My As like my name is Bob and it shows up as Also my System Restore has been affected and will not work I have never seen such a problem like this before ever on My Desktop Now Reads In A Greek Language As Well As My Files, my computer It was requested to reboot My Desktop Now Reads In A Greek Language As Well As My Files, for the program F Secure to be workable which I did then all the problems started My Desktop Now Reads In A Greek Language As Well As My Files, I get a pop up with the Backweb error thing about every minute I have to hit OK for it to go away then about minute or less it is back VERY annoying Any help you can provide would truly be appreciated I am including the HJT file log for reviewing It is below my closing Thanks forthelittleguy------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunThreatEngine exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC PROGRA F-SECU backweb Program SERVIC EXEC Program Files F-Secure Internet Security backweb program fsbwsys exeC WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exeC Program Files Mediabee src py dist MediabeeService exeC Program Files Mediabee src py dist mediabee exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Malware Shield psh svc exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer SunProtectionServer exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC WINDOWS system WgaTray exeC Program Files Acronis PrivacyExpert PrivacyExpert exeC Program Files F-Secure Internet Security backweb Program fspex exeC Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exeC Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exeC Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exeC Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Avant Browser avant exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exeC Program Files Acronis PrivacyExpert PrivacyExpert exeC Documents and Settings Bob Desktop LanStat exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer CounterSpy exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer SunServer exeC Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http www thetoolman net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www clicks com cgi-bin start pl username bob upR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www clicks com cgi-bin start pl username bob upR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www daywealth com members login phpR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook theToolman Toolbar - FAA BB- F - E-B -EF C F - C Program Files theToolman Toolbar thetoolman dllF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system Userinit exeN - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http www t... Read more

A:My Desktop Now Reads In A Greek Language As Well As My Files,

Hi forthelittleguy and welcome to the Bleeping Computer forums. My name is Whisperer and I will be helping you with your problem. Although I am experienced with computers, I am currently a Trainee in Malware removal and, as such, ALL of my fixes will be checked by malware experts. If you have not done so already, please do the initial cleanup steps in the following instructions and then post a new log: Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting a HijackThis Log I would like you to produce a list of installed programs to assist me in any cleanup.To do this open your HijackThis Click on Open the Misc Tools section or Config? button, depending on how you are set up. If you used the Config... option then click the Misc Tools tabSelect Open Uninstall Manager , a list of your installed programs will be displayed.Select the Save List? button and save the file to your desktop.Please post a copy of this list and an up-to-date HijackThis log in your replyFinally a few questions/observations for you to answer or react to.1. What Firewall are you using?2. You have more than one anti-virus solution running ? it is imperative that you only ever have one running at any one time as they will mutually interfere with each other. Please select one and close any others.3. What connection do you have with Venezuela?Back as soon as I have studied your log in greater detailGT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72655/my-desktop-now-reads-in-a-greek-language-as-well-as-my-files/
Relevancy 61.06%

Why until now my desktop and netbook works fine and see all files at any folder at once and not
5 - 5 or 10 - 10 files?
Now from everywhere i check(Internal or external or lan discs) show me every folder files NOT AT ONCE.
Why is that happening?

I already check all the hard disks with hdd sentinel and all hard disks is 100 healthy.

So what is happening and what i can do to solve it?

A:Windows 7 sp1 greek ultimate. Doesn't see all files at once.

Can you take a screen shot and post it here so we have a visual.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398057-windows-7-sp1-greek-ultimate-doesnt-see-all-files-once.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Does anybody know how? I'm talking only plain text, not text hidden in a Word document.

I've heard of Notepad ++ but have had no experience with it.

Thanks

A:How do I create hidden characters in a .txt file?

What do you mean by hidden characters? Space is not hidden enough?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/247250-how-do-i-create-hidden-characters-txt-file.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have sent 2 screen shots in the attachments. I have not changed (that I'm aware of) anything that would change the text to Arabic. I have tried to go in and change in the region and language but its not working. Last time I even looked at the zip files they were in English.
I run McAfee for my virus protection and come up with no viruses.
I run Win 7 ultimate 32 bit operating system
I just want the Arabic OFF my computer. Any help would be great!!!!!
Thank you!!!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399330-win-32-winrar-zip-files-arabic.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,

I am guessing this will be either incredibly easy and I am missing something, or incredibly difficult to achieve.

But what I am wanting is to setup my system so that one partition has the ability to view all of the hidden windows files and folders and also hidden system files.

However at the same time for none other partitions on my PC to have this ability.

I can set this up affecting all paritions but there are some that I do not want this feature on.

I know I can laboriously keep switching it back and forth on the drive I want but I would not like to have to do this unless absolutely necessary.

So does anyone know any method that I can achieve what I am wanting.

Thanks
Anthony

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/show-hidden-files-folders-hidden-system-files-on-only-one-partition-223794.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi All:
I have a Fujitsu M2011 Netbook with Windows 7 Home. It has one logical disk, with two partitions- C: & D:. D: is only 200MB and has a hidden restore partition that I do not need. I have attempted to use DiskPart, but at either the Clean or Delete Partition Override command I get a failure that it cannot be done. Is there an easy, free way to do this? I haven't had any luck with Fujitsu. It's not a big problem, it's just driving me nuts! Maybe I should try with a boot CD? Any ideas? Thanks!

A:Solved: How Delete a Hidden Partition if DiskPart Fails?

Partitioning Tools-->

Free:

Dr.Freeware Boot CD (also has file recovery, disk imaging and cloning)
EASEUS Partition Master (Vista-compatible)
Partition Wizard (free home and business editions)
Paragon Partition Manager 8.5-- PPM Special Edition serial and free registration
CloneZilla GParted LiveCD (Complete partitioning and drive imaging/restoration tools)
SystemRescueCD
Gparted LiveCD
Parted Magic
Vista Recovery Disk (Shrink, expand, create, delete partitions)
XP Recovery Console CD image (Create and delete partitions with diskpart.exe)
Commercial:

O&O Partition Manager 2 (Vista-compatible)
Paragon Partition Manager
Paragon Hard Disk Manager
Terabyte BootIt NG
Acronis Disk Director
V-Com (Avanquest) Partition Commander
EASEUS Partition Manager

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-delete-a-hidden-partition-if-diskpart-fails.895029/
Relevancy 58.91%

My tale of woe starts with trying to delete some folders containing and file'? (undeletable) to Solved: an unreadable 'corrupted delete How hidden jpeg files I got the message quot Cannot delete Thumbs db The file is corrupted and unreadable quot So I deleted the jpegs individually Solved: How to delete an (undeletable) hidden 'corrupted and unreadable file'? without any problem and the folders then looked empty - but when I tried to delete the empty folders I still got the same message again that Thumbs db was corrupted and unreadable so couldn t be deleted The Thumbs db files didn t show at all in the now empty folder - and don t show up either in a Windows Search for Thumbs in All Files and Folders I have the Show hidden files and folders option ticked In Tools- gt Folder Options- gt View of Windows Explorer Next thing new is that Chkdisk now runs every time I bootup with the message One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency I m not sure if this has anything to do with the original problem but I had already made an image of my disk a few days ago so I restored that image to a new bigger hard drive I had already planned to install Restore went OK new hard drive seems fine but I am getting the same One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency message - so I m guessing the problem is not with either of the hard drives Checkdisk doesn t show any errors I m right out of my depth here Anybody got any suggestions And how do you delete files you can t see Really appreciate some help Thanks Dell Dimension Ghz Gb RAM Windows XP Pro SP AVG Internet Security nbsp

A:Solved: How to delete an (undeletable) hidden 'corrupted and unreadable file'?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-delete-an-undeletable-hidden-corrupted-and-unreadable-file.1065424/
Relevancy 58.05%

I was surfing online and randomly this adobe flash installer caused my UAC to pop up asking to allow the install I know it wasn t flash but it just kept coming up so I shutdown got into safemode files looked gone but I just checked show hidden files Windows System Restore Files 7 - hidden/gone Hidden, files I ran combofix since i ve used it numerous times before but without a script this time It never showed its logs but it deleted the infected files Then I ran hijackthis and found some suspicious stuff running RKill shut down some processes for me too but I don t seem to be able to decipher them well In conclusion I have hidden files all across my system now my program shortcuts aren t in the start menu except remote desktop connection I did have to remove the virus causing the popups and all to come I did not record down the name didn t even think of it Logs are below nbsp hijackthis log nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp rkill log nbsp nbsp KB nbsp Files Hidden, System Restore files hidden/gone - Windows 7 nbsp downloads

A:Files Hidden, System Restore files hidden/gone - Windows 7

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397089/files-hidden-system-restore-files-hiddengone-windows-7/
Relevancy 56.76%

I downloaded some .mp3 files.

When I play them in Winamp or QMPlayer, the filenames are in what looks like Greek although some parts of the filenames are in English. In Explorer and Total commander the filenames are in English.

OK so I rename the files using the convention I employ for music. The changed filenames stick in Explorer and TC, but on playing them the filenames have not changed in the players. Deleting the playlist and reloading it has no effect on the players' ideas as to what the filenames are.

I even copied one of the files to a temporary directory with a completely different filename, but it still opened in the players with the old filename.

What is happening here?

A:[SOLVED] Filenames in Greek

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheemag

I downloaded some .mp3 files.

When I play them in Winamp or QMPlayer, the filenames are in what looks like Greek although some parts of the filenames are in English. In Explorer and Total commander the filenames are in English.

OK so I rename the files using the convention I employ for music. The changed filenames stick in Explorer and TC, but on playing them the filenames have not changed in the players. Deleting the playlist and reloading it has no effect on the players' ideas as to what the filenames are.

I even copied one of the files to a temporary directory with a completely different filename, but it still opened in the players with the old filename.

What is happening here?

Later:

I've figured out that this is caused by the tags in the .mp3s and has nothing to do with the filenames.

Sorry to have wasted your bandwidth.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-filenames-in-greek-606834.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I cannot access my hidden files and folders

even though i went folder options and gave show hidden files and folders

i cant see the files and folders

give me a way to access my files and folders really i need it.
Thanx in advance

Relevancy 55.9%

hi,

i have this problem and i dont know how to solve it, looks like the same problem in this post http://forums.techguy.org/malware-r...s/675123-solved-hidden-files-not-showing.html

but there is this note
Note: these instructions and script were created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these instructions or use this script as it could damage the workings of your system.

i have been looking in the intnernet and it seems that this is a common problem for some users, it would be nice to make like a guide with steps to follow in order to solve the problem.
can someone please help me with this? i really appreciate some help
tanks

Relevancy 55.9%

I had occasion to access my startup folder and discovered ProgramData folder not showing in file explorer. I assumed I needed to change folder options to show hidden files. To my surprise, folder options was already configured to show hidden files... Screen shot attached.

I cycled through a couple times of resetting the option and nothing changed. I can access the desired folder using Run command, but I'd sure like to know why the folder is not showing up in explorer.

Tried unchecking "Hide protected operating system files", clicked "Apply" and "OK" and, of course, one gets the warning about harming the OS. Still no joy on the missing folder. Opened folder options again and that option was checked again

Maybe I'll try it in Safe Mode?

Thoughts or suggestions????

A:Solved: Hidden Files

That is certainly a new one (for me, anyway).
Do you have a third party start menu installed? If so, right click the "Programs" item and select "All users". This will allow you to see the Programdata. If you then right click the folder, tyou could just check in the properties, and see if you have the "hidden" box unchecked.
Also, have a look in the "View" option on the top menu, and ensure you have it set to show hidden items (over on the right)

I think these two suggestions work through what you have already tried, but maybe worth a go.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hidden-files.1104774/
Relevancy 55.9%

could someone please answer this question please? during cleaning out spyware, i had windows show hidden files and unprotected operating system files. do you need to go back and hide these things?
thanks in advance txbluh20

A:Solved: Hidden files

Hi txbluh20

If you are not comfortable with the settings as they are now, you can go back in and hide them.

If you have other users on that machine it would probably be a good idea.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hidden-files.330739/
Relevancy 55.9%

Where can one make hidden files visible in vista

Relevancy 55.9%

I can play a mu3 file without being online after dwnlod of it, but i can not save it..i looked around for the file but can not find it....where does wmp hide the mu3 file?

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hidden-mu3-files.487586/
Relevancy 55.9%

when I choose to "see hidden files" at folder options and apply it and even when okay it, I can't see them...
what should I do?

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all,

Can anybody please help me with this one. I see a lot of computers lately with the same type of malware infection. I am able to remove the infection with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, Hitman Pro and MBAM; however, the changes do not revert back. All computers are either Windows Vista or Windows 7. All of the computers have the following symptoms before and after the clean-up: Black background screen which cannot be changed via Personalize option, hidden desktop and user files, hidden or white quick launch icons, disabled system restore.

Is this a new type of infection? I haven't seen this type of infection before. Is there a good solution guide for removing this malware and reverting back the changes?

A:Malware Signs: Black Background - Hidden Desktop Icons - Hidden User Files

I had this infection yesterday. I used the procedure for "Windows XP Recovery" removal, which first requires the use of a program called rkill, before using Malwarer Bytes. This sounds exactly like what happened to me. Look on this site for Windows XP Recovery removal for the link to rkill and this will probably work for you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398514/malware-signs-black-background-hidden-desktop-icons-hidden-user-files/
Relevancy 55.04%

friends i am unable to see my hidden files in win XP..
i have a lot of pvt data in hidden files..
have tried the view hidden files from the folder option..
but of no avail..please help!!

A:Solved: unable to see hidden files!!

**WARNING**

Changing your registry improperly can cause your system to not work! Back up your registry before making any changes to it. If you are not comfortable changing your registry, please find someone else to do it for you.

To back up your registry open Registry Editor (Start > Run > Regedit)
Select the My Computer node at the top left.
Click File > Export
Type in a file name of your liking and choose a saving location that is easy to remember, such as your Desktop
click Save

This saves your entire registry to a file named: [filename].reg
Run it if you accidentally mess up the registry.

Go to this registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL

(There should not be a space in Advanced between the C and D. The forum display insists on inserting one no matter what I do!)

Delete the value CheckedValue in the right window.

Create a new DWORD value called CheckedValue with a value of 1 (0x00000001).

Please report your results.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-see-hidden-files.842357/
Relevancy 55.04%

Okay, attached find two pics, explorer1 and explorer2. The first is taken from the 'save as' menu from an open word document, and clearly shows the file 'OLKBB' under the temp internet files, as well as the tree structure above it. Explorer2 shows the view, only as seen from Windows Explorer, and obviously that folder (and God Alone knows what else) isn't there. I've got 'show hidden files' unticked, plus 'hide protected os system files' unticked. Still can't figure out why this is. I've asked this question in this forum a few months back, but nobody had a clue then, and am hoping that someone does now. Makes me wonder what else windows is hiding from me.

v

Relevancy 55.04%

I had my PC (athlon 2300, winXP sp2) set so I could see hidden files, just so I could know what was going on in my hard drive. As of yesterday I can't, and re-setting the see hidden files option doesn't work anymore.
Last major change I made was uninstalling Norton SystemWorks, a.k.a. ResourceHog, which was giving me a huge headache, and have been using Activescan and Kaspersky online scanners and CureIt free antivirus.

I've no clue as to why that happened, and being unable to control my own PC aggravates me to no end. Can virus o hijackers do this? Any ideas on how to restore the option?

Relevancy 55.04%

I reformatted my PC and chose to save files. Basically I just chose "repair." After going through a major list of issues because of missing many applications and drivers(I lost that disk and gateway doesn't believe in 1 disk for a project).

So I can't find these files. I am wondering about an easy way to find them or access them could

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

my hidden files are not showing even after i go into the tools>folder options> and clicking on "show hidden files"

I have the same exact problem as posted here
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/638788-hidden-files-not-showing.html

after reading that post, i downloaded the "fix.rar" file in hopes of that fixing my problem, but unfortunately i still cannot see my hidden files, and whenever i attempt on selecting the option of showing my hidden files in the folder options, it reverts back to "Do not show hidden files"

all help is much appreciated! thank you

Relevancy 55.04%

how do you show all hidden files in XP please?

TIA

A:Solved: show hidden files

Did you mark this solved on purpose?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-show-hidden-files.471627/
Relevancy 55.04%

when i go to tools-folder options, then select the view tab and then click show hidden files and folders, i press apply then ok but the hidden files are not shown and when i go back into the same menu, do not show hidden files and folders is clicked. Any suggestions??

A:[SOLVED] Hidden Files not being shown

You might reboot the computer to make sure the change has been welcomed by Windows. Make sure you have administrator rights.
See if you can see them in Safe Mode.

Mack1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-hidden-files-not-being-shown-227300.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a folder which I keep sensitive files in hidden. It's filename is a space which I did by using the alt code for it. I used Free Hide Folder to hide the folder, and I'm not sure if I accidentally ticked the 'hidden' mark on the folder options, but the folder was hidden. I found it, but now all the files inside are hidden. If I press select all, a message comes up for me to check the option to 'show all hidden files'.

I do that, but the files still do not show up. Help? These are very important files.

A:[SOLVED] Hidden Files Not Showing Up

open up "My Computer" and at the top of the window click "Tools" "Folder Options" "View" and make sure the radio button is next to "Show hidden files and folders"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-hidden-files-not-showing-up-525015.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all,

I was looking at the properties of the Windows>System 32 > drivers folder and 'accidentally' tick the Hidden box and then Apply. Now the drivers folder is no longer showing up in the Sys32 file. Can anyone tell me what I've done and how to undo it pls?

Relevancy 55.04%

How do I set my PC to not show hidden files?. I was receiving PC support and have noticed 2 greyed out (hidden) files, on my desktop.

I went to delete them and got a message stating that doing this may destabilise my PC before remembering that whilst receiving the PC support I was asked to set my PC to 'show hidden files'

Thanks

A:Solved: Hiding hidden files

hello

try control panel > folder options > view tab > do not show and hide protected files...good luck

ps don't forget to "apply"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hiding-hidden-files.897084/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have two Big Box DOS Show Files Hidden [SOLVED] and Can't main issues I get a dos command box that opens up periodically [SOLVED] Big DOS Box and Can't Show Hidden Files and closes itself and I can't show hidden folders files The facts are these I have full admin permissions When I try to show hidden files folders and uncheck quot hide system files and folders quot and click ok or apply nothing happens When I go back to the folders options again they are both back to the where they were When I try to run DSS it crashes right after displaying cleaning up files I have uninstalled the ServU program FTP program here's panda log Quote Incident Status Location Virus Trj Lineage GKZ Disinfected Operating system Adware adware wupd Not disinfected Windows Registry Adware adware megasearch Not disinfected Windows Registry Adware adware ist istbar Not disinfected Windows Registry Virus Trj Lineage GOW Disinfected C ntdelect com Virus W Autorun FU worm Disinfected E Deckard System Scanner backup DOCUME remote LOCALS Temp id b dll Adware Adware Iagold Not disinfected E Documents and Settings LocalService Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE EXG MNYZ m txt Virus Trj Agent FN Disinfected E Documents and Settings LocalService Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE JQXWNN F d txt Adware Adware Iagold Not disinfected E Documents and Settings LocalService Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE NHLFJG G a txt Spyware Cookie Atlas DMT Not disinfected E Documents and Settings remote Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles t wuyev default cookies txt atdmt com Spyware Cookie Mediaplex Not disinfected E Documents and Settings remote Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles t wuyev default cookies txt mediaplex com Spyware Cookie QuestionMarket Not disinfected E Documents and Settings remote Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles t wuyev default cookies txt questionmarket com Spyware Cookie PointRoll Not disinfected E Documents and Settings remote Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles t wuyev default cookies txt ads pointroll com Spyware Cookie Com com Not disinfected E Documents and Settings remote Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles t wuyev default cookies txt com com Spyware Cookie Zedo Not disinfected E Documents and Settings remote Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles t wuyev default cookies txt zedo com Spyware Cookie Statcounter Not disinfected E Documents and Settings remote Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles t wuyev default cookies txt statcounter com Spyware Cookie Adrevolver Not disinfected E Documents and Settings remote Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles t wuyev default cookies txt adrevolver com Spyware Cookie WebtrendsLive Not disinfected E Documents and Settings remote Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles t wuyev default cookies txt statse webtrendslive com Spyware Cookie Xiti Not disinfected E Documents and Settings remote Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles t wuyev default cookies txt xiti com Spyware Cookie Weborama Not disinfected E Documents and Settings remote Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles t wuyev default cookies txt weborama fr Spyware Cookie Doubleclick Not disinfected E Documents and Settings remote Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles t wuyev default cookies txt doubleclick net Spyware Cookie Advertising Not disinfected E Documents and Settings remote Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles t wuyev default cookies txt advertising com Spyware Cookie Advertising Not disinfected E Documents and Settings remote Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles t wuyev default cookies txt servedby advertising com Spyware Cookie Advertising Not disinfected E Documents and Settings remote Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles t wuyev default cookies txt advertising com Spyware Cookie YieldManager Not disinfected E Documents and Settings remote Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles t wuyev default cookies txt ad yieldmanager com S... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Big DOS Box and Can't Show Hidden Files

Please follow MicroBell's 5 Step process - http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...sting-log.html.

You shall have a proper set of logs for us after that. Someone will be along shortly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/solved-big-dos-box-and-cant-show-hidden-files-205240.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I do not know what forum to put this in please relocate accordingly I have a Dell Inspiron running windows vista Ever since I have had this laptop it has been quot buggy quot sometimes hidden Retrieving Files Solved: shutting down then restarting different times a day The other day I go to start it up and windows will not launch I run start up repair repeatedly but it will not fix the problem I run system restore which does say system successfully restored to earlier point but that does not help I also can not get into safe mode I turn the computer off and let the computer sit for awhile come back and I now have a black screen with windows boot manager on it I try to run my disc that came with the computer but i can not get it to run I believe i hit f and I get a diagnostic screen where it says I have corrupted files I call a local repair shop and they tell me to bring it in I tell them I have nothing on my computer but pictures and I really really need to have the pictures saved He says he will see what he can do He calls back the next day and says he hooked Solved: Retrieving hidden Files up my laptop to his computer and he can see my files but they are hidden he says instead of the folders being bright yellow they are like a muted yellow and he is unable to Solved: Retrieving hidden Files click on them he asks if I have a password on my computer and I tell him I do not He says that I must have gotten a virus on my computer that encrypted the files and that the only way to get the computer running again is to wipe it clean and I will lose my pictures I go in the next day to pick up my computer and tell him I can t give up hope yet on retrieving my pics This somehow offends the guy that I am questioning his computer ability I said to him that I had been searching online seeing if there was any way to get to those hidden files I said quot what about running a live linux cd where maybe i could find those files and save them on a flash drive quot of course I don t know what i m talking about this is just something I had read online he says quot i ve been doing this for years and you think you can save those pictures good luck quot so I took my computer and left When I turn the computer on now this is the message i get windows boot manager windows failed to start a recent hardware or software change might be the cause to fix the problem insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer choose your language settings and then click next clicke repair your computer file windows systme hal dll status xc a info windows failed to load because the hal is missing or corrupt I am a total computer novice I realize I can not fix this myself I am just wondering if it IS POSSIBLE to somehow get to that picture file that is hidden so it can be saved Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

i have been getting this problem.... i cant fix it. when i go to folder options and click show hidden files and press apply nothing happens and after i press ok still nothing happens and when i go bak to the options it's back to do not show hidden files...it's like it resets itself.

i tried what it says in this thread bt still cant solve it
help needed

Relevancy 55.04%

this is my first time getting this problem. when i go to folder options and click show hidden files and press apply nothing happens and after i press ok still nothing happens and when i go bak to the options it's back to do not show hidden files...it's like it resets itself.
I know this thread has expired..but the problem persists, and i even downloaded,unzipped and merged the reg.rar file even then i cannot view my hidden files..

plz help me guys, im panicking...

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi - I need help in deleting files that look to be corrupt. Both the file name and the extension contain Chinese character. When I try to delete them I get the following error: " Could not fine this item" followed by "This item is no longer located in M:\..."

This is what the file names look like: 1䔴7.m伴s , 1愴8.m䔴s , 1縴5.m픴s
The file sizes which are incorrect range from 64 KB to 230 TB.

I've tried deleting them via the dos prompt, safe mode, I've used unlock on them with no luck, I have switched our my SDD to one that I had as a backup and connected the problem one as a drive but I run into the same problems.
One of the files crashes windows when I try to delete it.

Thoughts?

A:I'm trying to delete corrupted file Chinese characters

chinese aye? ha... what chinese hackers got you?

anyway, If I made a youtube video this would take 10 seconds to show you but as I have to type it out manually, it seems like a lot.. but TRUST me it is nothing.. once you do it the first time, you will see it takes 10 seconds to actually do..

it just looks like a lot to explain it to you.
I'm sure people are going to tell you to try programs to delete your file.. that's fine.. but I urge you to try the"built-in" windows system of networking deleting!! no need to download any other programs!
I posted all pictures that should totally help you see what you need to be looking at!

-nobody seems to want to try this yet it is a 100% correct working way to rid yourself of stubborn files including files that won't delete due to long filenames!

Now just try it!

1. right click on the folder that has all the files in it you want to delete/change. then click "properties" ... then look for "Sharing" tab up top and click that.

2.then click "advanced sharing" in the middle of the window you now see.. tick/click "share this folder"

3. then click "permissions" and click under "full" Allow tab area *see picture below*

now click "ok" or "apply"

4. You will now see "network share Path" (\\user\whatever folder.. ) *see picture*

5. You then go back to "my computer" or open an Explorer window and look on the left for "Network" and right click that and select "map network drive" copy that path into the box that shows next and hit ok.. you should then see your folder and ready to change/delete files. try it please.. see pictures!
(Map network path you can get to by lookin at my pictures!)

***Map Network DRIVE (right-click "NETWORK")

*****put in the Network path you get from sharing your folder earlier ( \\user\folder ... whatever it said for you!)

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/60241-im-trying-delete-corrupted-file-chinese-characters.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Using RootkitRevealer by sysinternals com it can see files hidden by Windows API However I have yet to find anything that can delete files hidden by Windows API I tried using Linux but it does not see them It is my understanding correct me if im wrong that the files it finds are sort of hidden from the NTFS file system itself some kind of alternate data stream But for example it might find a picture file in my Firefox temporary files location that is hidden from Windows API So my question is how can delete By Can I Files View Solved: API? Hidden Windows How the file If the answer Solved: How Can I View Files Hidden By Windows API? is using a rootkit scanner with rootkit removal capabilities then what is the point of RootkitRevealer if it does not remove anything I tried Sophos Anti-Rootkit Trend Micro RootkitBuster Avira rootkit option and many others but they do not find anything Now I am not worried at all I don t think I have a rootkit or virus But I would like to know how to deal with these hidden from API files just to educate myself Maybe its something simple like a false alarm on a file that has already been deleted but still technically residing Any feedback will be great Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: How Can I View Files Hidden By Windows API?

Hi there

The general way to go about doing that is deleting or stopping the program or service that is doing the hiding. Then you would be free to delete the file using the regular methods.

Here is a great video explaining that and other advanced malware removal topics by Mark Russinovich, one of Sysinternals' developers. It really teaches you a lot and is not at all boring despite how long it is.
http://www.microsoft.com/emea/spotlight/sessionh.aspx?videoid=359

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-can-i-view-files-hidden-by-windows-api.831185/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

For some time now, I've been using VirusTotal (a free online service) to scan various exe files that I download from the internet. The service scans the files with (currently) 32 different AVs. The problem is that almost ALWAYS some of those AVs will report something. I know it's possible for a trojan to be encrypted and therefore undetectable by its common signature. But if I execute that trojan, could it be opening ports in my computer and sending out information, messing around with my files and all that, WITHOUT my AV and firewall even report anything?? I'm really worried about this!

Thanks

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello

So at the first "Hidden Files not showing" thread, I did download the file that devil_himself provided, and it worked for a little while, but now they are back to not showing.

Devil, you asked me to start my own thread.

Is there anything you can do to help me?

thank you!

Relevancy 54.61%

We do the support for our company's network, one of our users has a problem in that when i try to show the hidden files the option to view hidden files is not available, how can i solve this problem
User has windows XP pro with service pack 2
Please assist if at all possible

thanks

A:[SOLVED] Unable to view Hidden files

sorry bro i suspect your computer have virus. Since I meet this problem before on my client computer. It is virus problem.But I didnt have other solution just formatted it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-unable-to-view-hidden-files-275635.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Is there a way to display hidden files and folders only? I noticed something dds-hidden that pops up when I shut down. What is it?

Thanks

A:Solved: Display Hidden Files & Folders

It would help to know what directory it is in, but if you don't you can search the entire root drive and subdirectories for hidden files with the command below. Open a command prompt (start > run, enter cmd

Enter:

dir /s /ah

You will see a lot of hidden files.

If you know what directory it is in, it will reduce the list greatly by changing directories first. EG:

cd c:\windows
If you enter dir /? you will see a list of "switches" available to the "dir" command.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-display-hidden-files-folders.339675/
Relevancy 54.61%

hey guys, i need info on whether theres a program or something that i can use that will automatically remove the super hidden status of files and folders.
i had a virus go through my system and screw up all my files by making them super hidden and im sick of using command prompt to remove the attribute from the individual files and folders.

so if theres an easier way to do all my files in one go i would be very appreciative.

Relevancy 54.61%

Dear friends
I am using a pentium dual core and windows XP.
Trying to see hidden files in a folder,I usually use Tools/Folder Options/View and tick on show hidden files and folder then press OK or press apply the OK. Normally I see all hidden file.
Now I perform the same procedure, but the computer do not show any hidden file and the tick is on hide.
This causes me troubles as I need to check hidden files.
Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Show hidden files do not work

ismaiism, Go to the link below and scroll down to line 155 (left column) and click on "Enable/Disable Show Hidden Files/Folders" to download a vbs file fix.

To use the VBS Files: Download .vbs file and save it to your hard drive (you may want to right click and use Save Target As). Double
click the vbs file. You will be prompted when the script is done.

NOTE: If your anti-virus software warns you of a "malicious" script, this is normal if you have "Script Safe" or similar technology enabled. These scripts are not malicious, but they do make changes to the System Registry.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Tufenuf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-show-hidden-files-do-not-work.753924/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Toshiba laptop running XP Home edition which has just refused to boot up giving a very brief BSOD. So I installed another OS, XP Pro, without deleating the original. I am trying to get about 80gb of saved files, which are from the old XP Home OS, backed up to an external HDD. Then I will format the laptop and install XP Pro again.
My problem is I cannot get access to my original saved files, while running the laptop on the XP Pro OS the C drive properties tells me 80gb is used up, but they do not show up when I explore the C drive. Any ideas how I can locate my files on the old XP Home while running the XP Pro ?

A:[SOLVED] Hidden files on xp home edition

Do you see any files on the C: driveClose all programs so that you are at your desktop.
Double-click on the My Computer icon.
Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
After the new window appears select the View tab.
Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Display the contents of system folders.
Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders.
Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide file extensions for known file types.
Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating System Files
Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.
Now your computer is configured to show all hidden files.? First make sure Show Hidden Files is showing:
If all the files are grayed out (hidden), Try Unhide.exe. This will show all hidden files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-hidden-files-on-xp-home-edition-597098.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello In folder options - view- advanced settings- hidden files and folders both radio buttons are selected for about a month now Normally quot do not show hidden files quot is only selected When I clicked on quot show hidden files it would work and show the hidden files until a couple days ago Now both buttons are still selected but I can not get it to show the hidden files When I click a button that button will be the only one selected the other one goes out Then I click apply and ok then open view back up both buttons are still both selected About a month ago selected both Hidden files Solved: buttons I was having a problem with a Virus quot infostealer quot which apparently my Norton took care of deleted Then about a week ago I got quot Bloodhound NsAnti quot which is in a temp file amp SVCHOST quarantined I have attempted to attach a screen shot of folder options window Can someone please give me some or direction on what to do Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

This never used to be a problem but now whenever I load a folder(s) of photos to watch a slide show it always includes Thumbs.db and desktop.ini for each folder. I have checked in Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder options, View that 'Do not show hidden files and folders' and 'Hide protected operating system files' are both ticked. Can anyone suggest why this is happening, please?

johnni

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello there,
I am having trouble showing hidden files and folders on my computer running Windows XP.
I tried going to the Folder Options and clicking "Show Hidden Files" but even though I click it, the screen just flickers and goes back to "do not show hidden files and folders"
I read something about AMVO virus but don't seem to have it now if I did - but meanwhile - how do I display my hidden files again?
Thanks in advance....

A:[SOLVED] Can't Display Hidden Files &amp; Folders

Well there is a registry value that you can set manually, but you can also download it as a .reg file from kelly's corner.

#155 on the left side, download it and run it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cant-display-hidden-files-and-amp-folders-243824.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I ve got everything set correctly in order to view hidden files but they won t show up It just says there are hidden files in the Status Bar at the bottom of Windows Explorer I can however view hidden files fine Can't Windows Explorer in hidden Solved: files see in a program such as xplorer lite This just started recently and I didn t change any of the view options settings Here is the hijackthis log I renamed the exe to Spyware exe because I was told to do that on a previous occasion Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXPService exe C Solved: Can't see hidden files in Windows Explorer WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE Solved: Can't see hidden files in Windows Explorer C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe C Program Files LogMeIn LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXP exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Hamachi hamachi exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files KatMouse KatMouse exe C Program Files Rupture Rupture exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition apcsystray exe C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition mainserv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system CTSvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Will Desktop Spyware exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http update microsoft com microsoftupdate O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe r O - HKLM Run SBDrvDet C Program Files Creative SB Drive Det SBDrvDet exe r O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run e - f c- e -a ec-b a b c C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run VirtualCloneDrive quot C Program Files Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe quot s O - HKLM Run LogMeIn GUI quot C Program Files LogMeIn LogMeInSystray exe quot O - HKCU Run STYLEXP C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXP exe -Hide O - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run... Read more

Relevancy 54.61%

Greetings...
i cannot show hidden files & folders,its not that i dont know how its just when i go to tools\folder options\view\ and put the tick on show hidden files & folders click apply then click okay
hidden files dont show it gose back to do not show hidden files and folders.
i doubt its a matter of virus problem,cause i have kaspersky anti-virus installed on my computer & before it i had symantec antri-virus corporate edition & non of them showed any threats or viruses after full scan.

thanks for any help in advance

regards

Relevancy 54.61%

My computer has a problem showing hidden files.

Once I click the Radio Button "Show hidden files", it'll apply, but my hidden files are still hidden, and once i click ok, the option will reset itself back to "Do no show hidden files and folders"

I'm guessing its the work of a virus, but how do I rectify the problem?

A:[SOLVED] Problem showing Hidden Files

Its definitely coz of a virus.... But make sure you have removed the virus and come back here.... Will let you know the modification you need to make in the registry....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-problem-showing-hidden-files-405765.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I don't know if I am in the right part of the forum for this, but I just opened my Documents & Settings folders and find that most of the folders have become hidden, e.g. 'Application Data' is not there, (actually only 5 folders are now visible). It's obviously shown as being there when I do use 'search', so I am wondering what, if anything I have done to hide these folders!.
Can anyone please tell me how to make the missing folders re-appear.
Thanks
Cozzielex

A:Solved: Documents & Settings files hidden

what os is it? start > run > control folders > enter > view tab > untick 'hide operating system files'......that last part may not be varbatim, but it's close enough.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-documents-settings-files-hidden.1104688/
Relevancy 54.61%

The older I get the more I seem to forget. I know I can see all the files loaded at startup by going thru msconfig and listed under startup. If you accidently turn something off and later try to use whatever program needs it will it load then or do you have to go back and reboot. So much loads and sometimes is never used and these files are then a drag. Right?

CarrollM

Relevancy 54.61%

My wife has her beloved thinkpad 240 laptop with an add on (backpack) cd. This installs via floppies to ms-dos.
Hard drive crashed. She wants a new one.
How can I get an OS on (will use win98 or 2k) ?
Thought of DRDos but that is now no longer free.
Can I use an adapter to attach new 2.5" hdd to my computer, load backpack, then transfer the Hdd to her laptop and use cd to install OS?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All for love

A:thinkpad 240 catch22

you said hd crashed, does it still work be cause it needs to still work in order to attempt a cloning of harddisks if it dont work i am sure you can get a new from ibm located here hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thinkpad-240-catch22.132004/
Relevancy 54.61%

My elderly aunt has an old desktop running MS XP SP1 and Windows Explorer v6.0 and I am trying to update it for her.  I can't download update for Explorer because it's running XP SP1 and cant update Explorer because the Op Sys is at XP1. 

I have a legit Windows DVD for XP SP2 from my old desktop long since been retired, but don't have the key. 

if my aunt has the key to her older version of XP, can I use that with the SP2 version that I have?  or does anybody else have a better idea of how I can get her PC updated?

ps. I did try to download Chrome and Firefox, neither would go to SP1.

A:Cant update to sp2 - catch22

Hi Gellswor,
Did you use this URL for Service Pack 2 : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=28 if you are still not able to download service pack 2 try downloading it from my skydrive here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=62072DD26DB3506B!5862&authkey=!AEWy6aMjyGIyl78

download the .zip file and extract the installer. (help with extracting .zip http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/cf_extract.mspx?mfr=true )
Let me know if this solves your problem.

It would not be neccesary to reinstall XP if you are able to install the service pack. otherwise you could use this tool to extract the product key: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508407/cant-update-to-sp2-catch22/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I m running Windows XP with SP on a Dell D I Solved: Infostealer Files and setting problem Hidden have Symantec Antivirus and every time I log-in to my computer whether to the Solved: Infostealer and Hidden Files setting problem local machine Solved: Infostealer and Hidden Files setting problem as administrator or to the domain as administrator or user I get an Infostealer detected by Auto-Protect System Restore is disabled by Group Policy I downloaded the latest virus definitions and ran a full system scan after starting up in safe mode tried both with and without networking local machine domain log-in etc Sometimes it finds Infostealer and says instances found and it says a reboot is required When auto-protect finds it automatically after logging in it says Quarantine failed clean failed delete successful access denied It reports that C Winxp System jbhook dll is infected I have not noticed any slowing down or performance problems other than being unable to show hidden files and folders If you type the full path of such hidden folders they ll become visible At first I noticed two entries in the registry quot Hidden quot and quot Hidden quot with a space I deleted the latter and set the other to under HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced When I restart hidden files show fine but for some reason after a while it reverts back to hidden I have to fix this over and over in the registry I suspect it has something to do with the virus Symantec points me to THIS website when Infostealer is found Here is the HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINXP System smss exe C WINXP system winlogon exe C WINXP system services exe C WINXP system lsass exe C WINXP system svchost exe C WINXP System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINXP system spoolsv exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINXP system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINXP system nvsvc exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C Program Files Common Files RbtProt sgsrv exe C WINXP system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINXP system CCM CLICOMP RemCtrl Wuser exe C WINXP system CCM CcmExec exe C WINXP system SVCH ST EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINXP stsystra exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE issch exe C WINXP system rundll exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINXP System svchost exe C WINXP system ctfmon exe C WINXP system winlogon exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client vpngui exe C WINXP explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings dbaldacchino Desktop temp hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www license state tx us ab abtas htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride shwgroup com ducesimmons com shwsports com shwportal com lt local gt O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat... Read more

Relevancy 54.18%

First is i cant show hidden folder each time i apply the show hidden folder its always back to do not show hidden folder Then when i open My Computer and double click on any Drive it ll always opening up new windows (kavo.exe) files and prob hidden Solved: explorer and comes trojan virus warning from my AVG I Solved: hidden files and explorer prob (kavo.exe) already scanned with AVG Spybot Adaware with latest updates and on safe mode but it still showing the same problem So i really need helps this is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Solved: hidden files and explorer prob (kavo.exe) Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe C WINDOWS system ZoomingHook exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system TCtrlIOHook exe C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files DU Meter DUMeter exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Programs Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com O - Hosts bf web gamespy com O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - ... Read more

A:Solved: hidden files and explorer prob (kavo.exe)

Please visit Combofix Guide & Instructions for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:

Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that along with a new HijackThis log.

Important notes regarding ComboFix:

ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making it the default browser. This can easily be changed once we're finished.

Combofix also prevents autorun of ALL CDs, floppies and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you, please let me know. This can be undone manually but you will need to remind me when we're finished as I will surely forget.

Note: During this process, it would help a great deal and be very much appreciated if you would refrain from installing any new software or hardware on this machine, unless absolutely necessary, until the clean up process is finished as it makes our job more tedious, with additional new files that may have to be researched, which is very time consuming.

Also, please do not run any security programs or fixes on your own as doing so may compromise what we will be doing. It is important that you wait for instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hidden-files-and-explorer-prob-kavo-exe.692804/
Relevancy 54.18%

I need someone to help fix my pc. I really messed up. I deleted some files and had to reload windows xp. Now all the stuff that I had on my pc are missing and my pc is super slow. Please help!

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Everyone,
Just recently I purchased "Stalker Clear Sky" for my computer & it wasn't letting me get past a certain point so I could progress in the game. So I uninstalled the game & thought maybe a fresh reinstall would help fix the problem. However I have just noticed that everytime I reinstall the game after removing it (I remove it properly with the uninstall feature that comes with the game) I have less space on my hard drive than before, when I installed it the first time I still had about 35GB after the install & now after I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times I only have about 28GB, does anyone know what this problem is?

Relevancy 54.18%

I think I must have had this problem about 3 times now with my autorun.inf getting infected leading me to believe it's a flash drive I have been using thats infected.

Anyways, I can't view hidden files and I've attempted the DOS method of removing hidden file properties then deleting it to no avail.

Various nasties found by Spybot S&D : Win32.Rungbu.a is quite persistant, even after Spybot removes it. I have attached HJT log and a Malwarebytes log.

Kavo.exe and other variances (looks like ckvo.exe now) seem to be the root and malwarebytes log says "no action taken" on it.

Any help would be great, as well as a few suggestions on how to avoid this bugger for the 4th time.

Thanks

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all,

Recently, I am getting this problem on my pc. It runs with windows XP Pro SP2.
The thing is, I set the hidden files and folders option in the folder options list to "do not view" and next time I restart, I get the option reseted to view the hidden files and folders. This problem sometimes occurs when windows starts and sometimes it doesn't.

What can the cause be and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks

A:Solved: Hidden files and folders option reset

Hello,

Try this:
Line 155 - Left
You may have to run it a couple of times to set the option to Disabled.

Also in Tools => Folder Options => View make sure that the 'Remember each folder's settings' box is checked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hidden-files-and-folders-option-reset.804218/
Relevancy 54.18%

Even though i set it to "view hidden files etc" it automatically sets it back to default.

Any idea why? Virus maybe?

regards, S

A:[SOLVED] Unable to view hidden folders/files

just download RAVMON removal utility nd mcafee stinger ver 3.8.0......try it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-unable-to-view-hidden-folders-files-186285.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Help Background Purchased refurb PC with GB memory Thing was only GB was free Meaning GB used up already Next trojan DelSys destroyed pc Did complete hard drive erase and reformat etc suposedly this brought back to fresh from the factory specs Hah Not quite Now my PC has GB used space ONLY GB free space and the 40GB Drive HIDDEN Files Solved: Hard taken 85% have of capacity is only GB This is Insane So I m searching for the answer to Solved: HIDDEN Files have taken 85% of 40GB Hard Drive what s up with all these Solved: HIDDEN Files have taken 85% of 40GB Hard Drive hidden files taking up all my memory quot What I found was is horrendous - scarey http membrane com security secure Microsoft Is Unscrupulous html lt ---WHOA check this out I just want to delete all this junk I can t imagine GB is really eaten away after a system wipe and restore nor can I imagine Microsoft has that much junk in hidden files saved up but I do wish to recover all the MEMORY And deleting all those spying hidden files too of course Problem I have windows xp I have read there is no true DOS so these instructions won t work Any help Thank you so much nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

In Appearance Files View, clearing the 2 buttons to reveal hidden files does not allow access to, for instance, C documents and settings, which has a padlock next to it, and others.

I had reinstalled the OS from within the machine and uninstalled any junk such as games etc. Have Avast free, super antispyware, Spybot, all of which find no threat Have run Kasperski one-time virus removal tool and; no threat. Running Winaso registry cleaner some time ago revealed 500 odd registry errors that were fixed and a subsequent run some time later revealed few problems. Running Winaso again yesterday discovered hundreds of errors again.

Kaspersky seemed to have trouble getting past; PE_Patch.Juba, and Googling suggests there may be something hidden in there.

This machine runs well enough but Firefox not responding, and slowness on internet activity are symptoms.

Do I have a virus?

Regards, DH.

A:Show hidden files that remain hidden

Welcome to the forum.

The "Documents and settings" folder has been obsolete since Vista. You should be using the "Users" folder". The "Documents and settings" folder is just a link maintained for compatibility with old software. Windows Explorer will never give you access by this route no matter what you do.

The "System Volume information" folder has special protection, even from an admin account, and should not be accessed unless you really understand what you are doing.

Registry cleaners are more trouble than they are worth and should be avoided. The validity of the errors found is often questionable. Many will find errors after a clean install. Others will find many errors and supposedly correct them but after another scan it will find the same errors. They have numerous pother problems as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/340134-show-hidden-files-remain-hidden.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Some of my important system files are no longer hidden and I can't hide them even with the Command Prompt "attrib" command. Files such as bootmgr and ntldr are shown and I can't hide them. Also, show Protected System files is unchecked and show hidden files is also unchecked so they shouldn't be showing. I tried to re-add their system file attribute but I keep getting an "Access Denied" error in CMD and I do not have user account control on and I'm on a Default Administrator Account. Please Help...

A:Hidden System files are no longer hidden

Welcome to Seven Forums hpardo.
Have the files recently become unhidden? Maybe you installed a new program which fouled up your file system. Run this tool to correct corrupt files, it won't change your personal files. SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/186139-hidden-system-files-no-longer-hidden.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Where in VISTA HOME BASIC file structure , are the Outlook emails (files) ?
If the pst files are in a hidden folder or are hidden how can be seen or search for ?

A:If the pst files are in a hidden folder or are hidden how can be seen or search for ?

Hi Ise123

my Outlook.pst is located at
C:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

AppData is a hidden folder

Control Panel
Folders Options
View Tab
Check "Show hidden files and folders"
Hope this help
vicber

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/216007-if-pst-files-hidden-folder-hidden-how-can-seen-search.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am attempting to bring up a DELL 8400 XP system with a 160GB MAXTOR STM3160812AS hard drive. In addition to this HD, the system has a CD ROM BUT NO FLOPPY drive. The BIOS correctly characterizes both the CD ROM and the HD (e.g it knows about them).
The HD came from another system and has no bootable OS on it.

The boot sequence for the system is CD ROM, HD,USB. If I boot the XP system from CD, it expects the setup for the SATA drive to be on a floppy (which I don?t have). On the other hand, If I boot from the CD that came with the MAXTOR (which is apparently MAXTOR?s preferred installation route), the MAXTOR s/w does not detect the SATA motherboard controller on the 8400 MB.

Help, Help.

A:SATA drive catch22.

The 8400 BIOS allows an Alternate method for SATA . . Go into the bios and check the "Sata Operation" setting, change it to "Raid Autodetect/ATA if it is not already. Now try to install XP

Otherwise, floppy drives are dirt cheap . .

Also, You can get a reinstallation guide specific to your Dell here
http://support.dell.com/support/topi...n&s=dhs&~ck=mn

This is a great guide for reinstalling on a Dell: http://www.djdenham.com/Install%20Procedures.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sata-drive-catch22-346243.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there,

I am new ti the forum hope someone can help me out with my problem.
I have an application which will toggle between Arabic and English keyboard layouts as necessary.

Things are fine up to Windows 98. But with Windows2000 and with XP it is not switching from English to Arabic automatically but From Arabic it comes to English Automatically. Can you suggest any solutions ?

Note: When I install Hebrew Keyboard layout, the same application toggling between English and Hebrew

without any trouble. Please also note that the application doesn't use Windows API.

Cheers
Riyas

A:Solved: Problem with Arabic Switching

Hey guys, I got it done thru a short cut, dont worry about this anymore.
Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-arabic-switching.418847/
Relevancy 53.32%

OK start off knowing that all settings in folder view are set correctly to show system and hidden files Also know that restore points can be set and retrieved Also know that looking at the root there is no sign that System Volume Information even exists or that looking at C Windows that any NtUninstaller files exist Now the interesting part if I do a search for NtUninstall they all show up in the Results window and if I right click and go to properties all have Read Only and Hidden checked Unchecking Hidden restores them visually however the the next download of a Microsoft patch defaults to hidden As for doing a search for System Volume Information it doesn t appear in the Search results at all as System info Solved: and $NtUninstaller files Volume hidden if it doesn t exist Opening Solved: System Volume info and $NtUninstaller files hidden a CMD window and entering Solved: System Volume info and $NtUninstaller files hidden at the C prompt ATTRIB -s -h s d should remove the hidden bits for all files on the system but as it scrolls down the list I see System Volume Information and Solved: System Volume info and $NtUninstaller files hidden it says Access Denied as it does for quite a few files I ve tried this in a command window and safe mode with a DOS prompt as administrator no luck no change In looking at the NTUSER INI file this is all that s present General ExclusionList Local Settings Temporary Internet Files History Temp So sorry for the long explanation but better to get all the easy answers out of the way first has anyone got any suggestions to allow me to see the files folders See my specs with XP Pro with all service packs and updates The machine runs great and has no viruses spyware and or malware Thanks now for any and all tips Griffin nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

problem solved with ATTRIB and DEL

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
A friend of mine handed me back a HDD with THOUSANDS of files that he had transferred to his mac, then formatted my (XP NTFS) HDD with FAT32 (300 GB !!) then copied the files back to it and now for each file there is a similar file which always looks like the original file name except it is 85 KB size, starts with ".-" as in .-filename.ext and is attrib hidden / system.
because those files are in zausands of sub-dirs it will be hard manual work to get rid of them. I was thinking maybe one of the cracks knows a way around.
I have tried rm.exe (a unix util for DOS) but it will not accept "." as initial filename char. so rm -rf .-*.* does NOT work.

any expert for this one?
It would make me VERY happy ... !!!

greets
-sam

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-recursively-remove-hidden-system-files-starting-with.499473/
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok, if anyone can help me I really appreciate it. Here is the problem. For some reason I can no longer view my hidden folders. I have the option checked in the folder options "show hidden files and folders" however they are not showing in windows. When I check "do not show hidden files and folders" and then apply the next time I go to folder options it will still have the "show hidden files and folders option" checked. I am stumped. Is this something simple? Please any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

A:Solved: Cannot view hidden files and folders even when the option is checked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-view-hidden-files-and-folders-even-when-the-option-is-checked.741034/
Relevancy 53.32%

Thanks in advance to those who could help My task manager and folder option to see hidden files is disabled It started when a friend got her USB flash drive used in my PC The AVG anti virus has detected the virus but to my surprise after scanning the flash drive and the virus was vaulted my PC still got infected Here I include my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v & accesible not hidden files Task manager Solved: option Scan saved at PM Solved: Task manager & hidden files option not accesible on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS system SSCVIHOST exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exe C WINDOWS system SSCVIHOST exe C Program Files Solved: Task manager & hidden files option not accesible SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe F SSCVIHOST exe F SSCVIHOST exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files ASUS Asus Probe ASUSPROB EXE F PortableApps PortableApps HijackThis h j t exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ph yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe SSCVIHOST exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Megaupload Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E-CCB -B EEDBE C - C PROGRA MEGAUP MEGAUP DLL O - Toolbar eSnips - ED DA-E E- - D -A F - C Program Files eSnips SnipBar dll O - HKLM Run InCD quot C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe quot O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot tray O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer quot C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe quot O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware quot C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe quot O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE quot -quiet O - HKCU Run NBJ quot C Program Files Ahead Nero BackItUp NBJ exe quot O - HKCU Run Yahoo Messengger C WINDOWS system SSCVIHOST exe O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA... Read more

Relevancy 52.89%

i've been relying on going to "internet options","general" and "delete" then ticking all the boxes on that page..i found out that by doing this,my temporary internet file swere NOT being deleted.is this a vista problem? my pc came to a complete sludge of a slow down today and i found that my internet files folder had files going back a year that hadn't been deleted as i've been relying on ticking those boxes..i had tons and tons of and tons of files.i'm wondering if this is the norm and also is it possible that other files are not being deleted when using that method? if so,then i probably have folders that are totally loaded with trash.

A:Solved: Had to delete temp internet files by "view files" ,"select all" ,"delete"

Have you ever unticked Preserve Favorites website data?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-had-to-delete-temp-internet-files-by-view-files-select-all-delete.1029591/
Relevancy 52.46%

i searched the first 200 hits and came up with nothing relevant...

dad's ancient 600mhz win2k workhorse just had hardware failure. i dropped the hard drive into a 3ghz sony and booting comes up with BSoD for "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE"

so i install xp pro on the same drive thinking file wizard can xfer files and settings. xp installs fine, boots good... clean system. update a few drivers, defrag drive...

can't seem to use the wizard since it seems to require two machines or at least be able to boot into the original system (which, alas, i cannot).

is there a workaround for transferring files, settings and apps from win2k to xp on the same drive when the former is unbootable?

A:File Settings Transfer from win2k to xp (catch22)

Applications can't be transferred between any operating systems using the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard. And it can't be used at all on a system that won't boot. All you can do is connect the old drive to the new one and copy data files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-settings-transfer-from-win2k-to-xp-catch22.895973/