Windows Support Forum

Laptop cannot access the Internet unless it is hooked to the modem

Q: Laptop cannot access the Internet unless it is hooked to the modem

Toshiba laptop. Internet at the bottom right says there is a connection available, but says the settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network. It has to be plugged in to the modem to access Internet. Speakers do not work. Ports do not work either. I had it in for repair and he thought it might be the motherboard, but he couldn't fix the other one and I got help with Broni on here and it works fine now. I am hoping someone on here can help me fix this one. It has no viruses; it's clean. Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop cannot access the Internet unless it is hooked to the modem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop cannot access the Internet unless it is hooked to the modem

Ok, the modem=>pc config working says networking is at least sane.

To get the modem=>router=>pc to work, the pc should not have ANY configuration data stored in the network adapter settings. Can you find and clear the network adapter for yourself?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-cannot-access-the-internet-unless-it-is-hooked-to-the-modem.207405/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have not used this computer in a couple of years because I brought it in to get fixed, but they told me they really didn't know what was wrong with it. They said perhaps the motherboard, but I would like a second opnion since the last computer you helped me with is now is perfect working order and they couldn't fix that one either!

I will post the scans in a while.

Thanks!

A:Laptop Computer will not access the Internet anyway but plugged into the modem

Please, observe following rules:

Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
Never run more than one scan at a time.
Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-computer-will-not-access-the-internet-anyway-but-plugged-into-the-modem.207253/
Relevancy 58.91%

i have the Netgear DGND3300 and hooked up an external HDD via its USB. In my W7 home network I cna access the HDD from my desktop (connected via wire) i can access that HDD and can use it.

From my laptop (wireless) I can't "see" that HDD. when i login to the router via laptop I can see it. but it doesn't show up like the other home-network folders.
(the wireless network is the n-type and secured with WEP-PSKA2.. or whatever the strongest is, with 63 letters.. but that shouldn't matter since I can use it otherwise)

Any ideas what settings I need to set? I didn't need to do anything for my (hardwired) desktop to "see" the HDD.

A:access HDD hooked up to ruter via USB

Umm did your router come with a setup disk that maybe it has a program that you have to install on your computer for it to find it or access it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/78013-access-hdd-hooked-up-ruter-via-usb.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello Guys I ve ethernet no 7 modem from can't access Win internet ipv4 - have ipv6 internet no cable been searching for the past days a solution but nothing came up to work Tried different things nothing good yet So I m directly connected to a modem cable and well my computer takes time to identify and then identifies it first a a public network i was able to change it to home Win 7 - can't have internet access cable ethernet from modem ipv6 no internet ipv4 no ipv no internet access ipv no network access Here s my ipconfig log Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name TheRealThing-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List flets-east jp iptvf jp Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix flets-east jp Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - A- A- -AF-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a bb de f e eb Pr eferred Temporary IPv Address a d a d f Pre ferred Link-local IPv Address fe bb de f e eb Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway fe e ff fe a c DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A-C - C- - D- - - DNS Servers a f b a f a NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List flets-east jp iptvf jp Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- - D- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - -D - B-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b d bd Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c e e c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained octobre Lease Expires octobre Default Gateway b DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A-C - C- - D- - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A - EB- BDC- -C AB E FB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap gateway wire net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B D- D- E - -EB C F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix flets-east jp Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AF ED-DA F- CF-B B- A ECC D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface C D- F- DE- C- A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I was able to get the latest driver of my Broadlink card Didn t change anything I tried manually setting the IPs but honestly it was my first time ever using ipv I don t know why I had to use them also and maybe don t exactly know how to use this Windows troubleshooter tells me DNS server error If you know anything Cheers m nbsp

A:Win 7 - can't have internet access cable ethernet from modem ipv6 no internet ipv4 no

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-cant-have-internet-access-cable-ethernet-from-modem-ipv6-no-internet-ipv4-no.1136264/
Relevancy 57.62%

hi to all Mod Edit Merged posts Hamluis since - weeks avira popups every - min with thismessage a virus or unwanted and 'access hooked denied' func. avira program TR SPY GEN was found in file F Program Files Comodo COMODO Internet Security Quarantine Temp CAV C tmp Access to this file was denied and this message Antivir guard detected viruses or unwanted program Access was denied i opened comodo and avira 'access denied' and hooked func. looked at avira 'access denied' and hooked func. Quarantine it avira 'access denied' and hooked func. was emty i have reinstall comodo but same yesterday i started Helios an old prog and get the massage hooked funcandmany hidden progressesToday i run rootrepeal the report is attached sorry for bad english ROOTREPEAL copy AD - Scan Start Time Program Version Version Windows Version Windows XP SP Drivers-------------------Name catchme sysImage Path F DOCUME lexp LOCALS Temp catchme sysAddress xBA Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Name PROCEXP SYSImage Path F WINDOWS system Drivers PROCEXP SYSAddress xBA Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Name rootrepeal sysImage Path F WINDOWS system drivers rootrepeal sysAddress xA Size File Visible No Signed -Status -Hidden Locked Files-------------------Path F WINDOWS PEV exeStatus Locked to the Windows API Path F Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security QuarantineStatus Locked to the Windows API Path F WINDOWS ERDNT Hiv-backup ERDNT EXEStatus Locked to the Windows API Path F Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security Quarantine Status Could not enumerate files with the Windows API x Path F Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security Quarantine TempStatus Invisible to the Windows API Path F Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security Quarantine Temp Status Could not enumerate files with the Windows API x Path F Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security Quarantine Temp baseupdStatus Invisible to the Windows API Path F Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security Quarantine Temp baseupd Status Could not enumerate files with the Windows API x Path F Documents and Settings lexp Local Settings Apps T DBH A QO RHM JL E OY manifests clickonce bootstrap exe cdf-msStatus Locked to the Windows API Path F Documents and Settings lexp Local Settings Apps T DBH A QO RHM JL E OY manifests clickonce bootstrap exe manifestStatus Locked to the Windows API SSDT------------------- Function Name NtAdjustPrivilegesTokenStatus Hooked by quot F WINDOWS System DRIVERS cmdguard sys quot at address xa cd b Function Name NtConnectPortStatus Hooked by quot F WINDOWS System DRIVERS cmdguard sys quot at address xa cce Function Name NtCreateFileStatus Hooked by quot F WINDOWS System DRIVERS cmdguard sys quot at address xa cd Function Name NtCreateKeyStatus Hooked by quot F WINDOWS System DRIVERS cmdguard sys quot at address xa ce Function Name NtCreatePortStatus Hooked by quot F WINDOWS System DRIVERS cmdguard sys quot at address xa ccd Function Name NtCreateSectionStatus Hooked by quot F WINDOWS System DRIVERS cmdguard sys quot at address xa d e Function Name NtCreateSymbolicLinkObjectStatus Hooked by quot F WINDOWS System DRIVERS cmdguard sys quot at address xa d Function Name NtCreateThreadStatus Hooked by quot F WINDOWS System DRIVERS cmdguard sys quot at address xa cc Function Name NtDeleteKeyStatus Hooked by quot F WINDOWS System DRIVERS cmdguard sys quot at address xa cda e Function Name NtDeleteValueKeyStatus Hooked by quot F WINDOWS System DRIVERS cmdguard sys quot at address xa cdc e Function Name NtDuplicateObjectStatus Hooked by quot F WINDOWS System DRIVERS cmdguard sys quot at address xa cc a Function Name NtEnumerateKeyStatus Hooked by quot F WINDOWS System DRIVERS cmdguard sys quot at address xa ce Function Name NtEnumerateValueKeyStatus Hooked by quot F WINDOWS System DRIVERS cmdguard sys quot at address xa ceaba Function Name NtLoadDriverStatus Hooked by quot F WINDOWS System DRIVERS cmdguard sys quot at address xa cfbf... Read more

A:avira 'access denied' and hooked func.

hi,

please close topic. i get help from doctus.org

thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402783/avira-access-denied-and-hooked-func/
Relevancy 57.62%

I am trying to get my tv hooked up to my laptop, i dowloaded the ATI catalyst controler, instaled it, everything says it work fine on install, but when i try and access the control center, it says my currently active graphics prosseser does not support basic veiw, tells me to switch to advanced, but when i do this, nothing happens........i have a ATI Radeon Xpress 200M Series card, so why wont this work?

A:Help please get my tv hooked up to my laptop

Go to device manager, make sure everything is ok. No Yellow warning markers.
Type device manager in search.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/53438-help-please-get-my-tv-hooked-up-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Good day all ... I have cable internet service through my ISP. They provided me with a Motorola modem which is attached to the coax cable feed. I want to provide internet service to my children's computers, but becasue they are two floors up, the signal is usually poor. While perusing e-bay and other sites, I've notices that there are a lot of modems like the one provided by my ISP for sale. If I get one and hook it up to the cable line in one of my children's room, would that provide internet access?
Thanks!!

A:internet access via second modem?

Nope. A second cable modem requires a second cable account. That also requires a second payment identical to the one you're paying now.

I'd suggest extending the range of the wireless signal or running a wire. Also, orienting the antennas horizontally will increase the signal strength in the vertical direction.

Hawking Tech has a number of products that will help you increase your wireless range. The root page is Hawking Hi-Gain™ WiFi Range Extending Products.

Some of the more interesting products are this Hawking [HSB2] Hi-Gain WiFi Signal Booster, which can be used on either end of a wireless connection to boost the signal power.

Another way to increase your signal strength is by the use of hi-gain antennas. You can choose from omni-directional or directional models, here are a some examples.

Hawking [HAI7SIP] Hi-Gain 7dBi Omni-Directional Antenna

Hawking [HAI15SC] Hi-Gain 15dBi Corner Antenna

[HAO14SD] Outdoor Hi-Gain 14dBi Directional Antenna Kit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-access-via-second-modem.654006/
Relevancy 57.19%

Have a Dell E4200 with integrated Wifi. Loaned to a visiting friend who bought
a USB modem, charged it online. Worked fine on an old IBM with XP, but NOT
on Dell. After installation of driver (contained in USB), the modem called ZTE
is in device manager, says "works correctly" and has an icon on desktop.
Double click and response "cannot find modem, error 979, 633,638...
Cannot find it in Windows 7 network list in control panel. have slosed firewall, deactivated the integrated wifi to no avail. Anyone who can help wit tips or detailed configuration steps ?
Much obliged in advance, regards,
DH

A:Internet access through USB modem

What is the make and model # of the USB Modem? Who is the Internet Service Provider? Have you contacted the ISP to see if they support this make and model? contact the ISP support to see if they can help with connection.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-access-through-usb-modem-992377.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have an old laptop that came with windows 7 64bit. And a TP-Link N600 modem. Worked fine....

I updated to 8 and then to 8.1 on old modem, again worked perfectly. Forgot the laptop for months and months.

Got a new 3200AC modem and set it up with the 2.4GHz band and the 2 5GHz bands connected (controlled by the modem). Works fine on my desktop, iPad, iPhone, media player, TV etc etc

After MONTHS I switched on the laptop and it sees all my neighbours connections but neither my 2.4GHz nor my 5GHz connections.

I took the laptop to my daughter's and it sees her connection.

Do I just need to update the modem driver to access my 3200AC modem?

And before you ask, I did check Google but no answers

A:Old laptop can't access connections on new 3200AC modem

Did you also enable ABG and not just N in the router

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/58381-old-laptop-cant-access-connections-new-3200ac-modem.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have my Laptop hooked up to my TV , and i tried to start a game called "no room left in hell".. and everytime i start it my tv says "Invalid Format" and my screen on my tv goes blakc... but if i hit the windows button on my wireless keyboard and my screen turns back on.. HOW DO I FIX THIS

A:Problem With Laptop hooked up to TV

Sounds like the game isn't running at your desktop resolution, but is changing the resolution to a resolution not supported by your TV.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-laptop-hooked-up-to-tv.1122245/
Relevancy 56.76%

Here's a link to the laptop.

Here's the BSOD information:

Code:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF88004F78BA4
BCP3: FFFFF8800296B780
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
There isn't actually a "BSOD" per se, the computer just restarts. I guess W7 computers may not have a blue screen, but that came up afterwords anyhow.

It only happens with the laptop is hooked up to the TV which is a Sanyo DP37649. It isn't instant, it seems to be fairly random. I'm guessing it's some sort of driver problem?

A:Laptop BSOD when hooked to TV

Hi,

If you Blue Screen it will record a crash log after restarting.

Please reconfigure windows to collect the correct info.
You want small memory dumps - "MiniDumps"

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

And here are the instructions for posting:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Tip
Ensure you click the "GRAB ALL" button and then wait for each window to appear in turn and then click OK

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297729-laptop-bsod-when-hooked-tv.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a 4 port wired hub that runs voip phone and a xp computer to a single port dsl modem. If I connect the comp with windows 7 direct to the modem, it get internet, if connected to the hub, it says unidentified network and no internet access.

I've tryed a lot of different stuff from this site but nothing works.

This problem started yesterday and it happened all by it's self, nothing changed by me, I left the house with it working and came home to this. Please help because it's my fathers comp and he's driving me nut with out his internet.

A:Windows 7, hub, dsl modem.....no internet access

Check that the firewall isn't blocking any windows services.

Also run
ipconfig /flushdns

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/155631-windows-7-hub-dsl-modem-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I ve been hobbling along for years now with internet DSL access with new Can't Solved: modem a free dial-up ISP and a K modem I m a low-income disabled senior and all my electronics is hand-me-down so Solved: Can't access internet with new DSL modem I m still using Pentium computers with Windows XP My local phone company recently announced a reduced rate internet access plan for low-income customers so I decided to finally take the plunge My dial-up connection just couldn t handle all the garbage they try to push down through your internet connection these days Well yesterday my new ZyXEL PK z modem was delivered so I Solved: Can't access internet with new DSL modem followed the instructions and hooked it Solved: Can't access internet with new DSL modem up to one of my computers All the lights on the front of the modem turned green but I was unable to connect to the internet from the computer I had the modem connected to I tried disabling my software firewall and my LAN to no avail I called CenturyLink tech support and they told me that from their end they could see that my modem was working just fine so the problem was in my computer and so I m on my own trying to make it work I d be grateful for some ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem The computer I ve connected the DSL modem to is a Dell Inspiron running Windows XP Home I have that computer connected to two other computers via a network switch and have a dial-up modem installed on it Many thanks for reading this nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi to you all,
Can someone please help me with this internet issue?
In order to change my password a service provider had to reset my modem.
I can go on the internet with my desktop, but I am having difficulties going on the internet with my laptop. It seems that my wireless router has to be reset also but he can't do it because it's not one of theirs. He did explain to me though that I have to put the I.P. address into the browser in order to get on the router's brand name and so on, which I did but I don't know what to do next.
My router's I.P. address is 192.168.0.1
It is a NEXXT Nebula 150
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank's guys.

A:No internet access after resetting modem

Download the Users Manual from here: WIRELESS ROUTER NEBULA 150

It tells you how to connect to the router using your web browser.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/199294-no-internet-access-after-resetting-modem.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My computer was infected but I did fix it with this site download But I was infected again I tried to fix the same way So i think that it was fix again But I cannot access the internet after that I have a CLEAR USB modem Signal light is very strong perfect I did enter connect button but it doesn t work So I did use an another modem but not working too I think that modem is ok just computer s problem please help me How can I do that I already clear with cannot modem internet access USB the ran the FSS maybe it will be required Farbar Service Scanner Ran by JJ administrator on - - at Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack X Service Check Dhcp Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Dhcp service is OK The ImagePath of Dhcp service is OK The ServiceDll of Dhcp service is OK Dnscache Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Dnscache service is OK The ImagePath of Dnscache service cannot access the internet with clear USB modem is OK Checking LEGACY Dnscache Attention Unable to open LEGACY Dnscache registry key The key does not exist The ServiceDll of Dnscache service is OK tdx Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of tdx service is OK The ImagePath of tdx service is OK File Check C Windows system svchost exe gt MD is legit C Windows system rpcss dll gt MD is legit C Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows system dhcpcsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers afd sys gt MD is legit Attention C Windows system Drivers tdx sys is missing C Windows system Drivers tcpip sys gt MD is legit C Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit Connection Status Localhost is accessible There is no connection to network Google IP is accessible Yahoo IP is accessible End of log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433395/cannot-access-the-internet-with-clear-usb-modem/
Relevancy 56.76%

My daughter has asked me to post a question in hopes that someone will give her advice that will solve her problem. She has cable Internet service in Chicago. There was a storm which knocked out the service. A tech came and was not able to help her. She is unable to work and her phone is also out since it's voip. All the lights are on on her cable modem. When she opens IE, the loading icon looks like it is working. She has power cycled the modem several times. Can you please just give ideas she might try? She is desperate for any/all help. I know that I've been told to use the "run" window from the "start" menu and do something, but I don't remember what.
Thanks!
PS I am posting this in two forums since I am not sure which is more applicable.

A:Help with Internet access via cable modem

try start - settings - network connections - right click on the local area connection tab and select Repair
or: i had the same problem after a storm -lights blinking but no internet - tech came out and replaced a small part -cant remember what - said the part burns out often during a during -maybe your tech was not up to par...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-internet-access-via-cable-modem.507945/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi there,

I have two LAN cards in my system. One is connected with the DSL modem (LAN Card A) and other is connected with the switch (LAN Card B)

Both the LAN cards have the IP addresses of the same class. Both the LAN cards are assigned the same gateway address and subnet mask as provided by the ISP.

From the client computer I am able to ping the LAN card, which is connected with the Switch (LAN Card B). But I am not able to ping the LAN card, which is connected to the DSL modem. (LAN Card A)

Can anyone tell me please how to resolve this issue.

Basically, I want to share the internet connection to the client computers through the DSL modem, which is connected to the LAN card A.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards

A:Internet Access Through DSL Modem (Urgent Please)

Do yourself a really huge favor and buy a broadband router!

BTW, you can't "ping through" to another Ethernet interface on the machine anyway. If you insist on using this configuration, here's the recipe for configuring ICS:

Microsoft ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-access-through-dsl-modem-urgent-please.602742/
Relevancy 56.33%

OK I have a sharp model#32sb24u and an hp Pavillion dv6 notebook pc with windows 7 64bit so I have a microsoft hdmi cable I used it to hook my laptop to my tv and watch videos but when I try to run empire total war the tv goes dark any solutions for this

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,

I use a laptop that I have 'projected' onto my larger monitor screen. Everything was working fine, and today I used my laptop to connect to my TV to watch a video. When I brought the laptop back to my desk to connect to the monitor again, the monitor is now flashing.

About every 10 seconds, the monitor will show the screen display on my laptop and then go black again. It happens at regular intervals continuously. I've rebooted, tried to reset the connection, and scanned through the settings (using Windows 7). Nothing I've tried has worked.

I connected the monitor to my other desktop computer (using the same cord) and everything worked fine. The laptop is otherwise functionning normally and the laptop screen is fine. I'm hoping it's something in the settings that was adjusted (?) when I used it to display the video.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-hooked-to-laptop-flashing.950254/
Relevancy 55.9%

When I looked up the internet connection status for the packets that I received I only receive - When I click repair it said the IP address already renewed However the internet still not working When I use my laptop to browse the internet it said the same thing internet connected but cannot browse at all I tried so many things such as clearing the DNS cache releasing and renewing IP address I did set the properties of the wireless connection to obtain Modem connected access but Solved: no internet DNS and IP automatically I tried pinging I turned Solved: Modem connected but no internet access off all my firewalls I tried system restore but still not working I run cmd all it Solved: Modem connected but no internet access got the following information Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers When I did ping test it said destination net unreachable and later on I run ping test again it said unreleased Later on I did restart everything again the packets that I received only and didn t receive anything at all Is there anyone can help me with it Please help thank you nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

laptop worked fine but now cant access internet even tho the 3g usb modem shows im connected 3.6mbs.tried ipconfig and it says media disconnected.if i ping it says request timed out.what should i do

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-internet-modem-shows-im-connected-281426.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello everyone,

I'm having this problem for two days already.
I can't access the internet through wifi router, but when I connect the cable modem directly to my laptop, it works perfectly fine. When I try to connect again through the router it says I have "Limited" connectivity or no internet access.

I tried resetting the router but to no avail. I would appreciate your answers.
I'm using Windows 8 btw.

Relevancy 55.9%

Heya guys, I'm having a problem with my computer. It's goes kinda like this. My processor is somehow connected with my internet and if I use processing power, it takes up my internet connection. For example, lets say I'm downloading at 70 KB a seconds...then I start to play a game like Warcraft III, the download speed goes dramitically slow. I mean, like 50 KB less.. Does anyone know the problem?

Specs:
700 Mhz
256 MB RAM
1.5 Mbps Download / 128 Kbps Upload

Regards,
David

A:Processor hooked to internet?!

Originally posted by XYZ359
, lets say I'm downloading at 70 KB a seconds...then I start to play a game like Warcraft III, the download speed goes ...... 50 KB less.. Click to expand...

Yes! Games require processing power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-hooked-to-internet.2054/
Relevancy 55.47%

sansa clip plus was hooked up to my computer for over four hours, ps computer was on all the time, the disk kept blinking showing the battery symbal, but it never charged the battery

A:sansa clip will not charge when hooked up to my laptop

You're not alone with the problem, even the manufacturer recognises it, which makes a change:http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/d...Using a proper wall charger is far better than using a laptop USB port."I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us..." Pink Floyd

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/sansa-clip-will-not-charge-when-hooked-up-to-my-laptop/13471.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an HP Pavillion g7, and an LG hdtv. I have always used an HDMI cord to hook the laptop to the tv for movies, music, etc. and I've never had an issue. Well, now when I plug it in the tv makes a loud buzzing noise. The sound on the computer works fine on its own, and same goes for the tv. It's just when they are plugged in together. It doesnt matter if the charger is plugged in or not, and I even tried a 3 prong to 2 prong adapter for the wall outlet because I read it may have to do with electrical interference. Helpppppppp

A:Buzzing noise from my tv when hooked to laptop via HDMI

Sounds like a bad HDMI cable....do you have any other cords to test with?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buzzing-noise-from-my-tv-when-hooked-to-laptop-via-hdmi.1092688/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

I'm running SuSe 9.3 professional on a Dell Laptop with a TrueMobile 1350 Wireless mini PCI card. My broadband comes via a BT Voyager 2100 adsl wireless modem/router. I've got the Linuxant Driverloader installed and the KWifi app. recognises the signal.

However, whenever I try to access the internet I just get a message saying that the URL can't be found. I can connect to the internet by enabling my PCTel 56K dailup.

Any ideas ffrom anyone on what I'm doing wrong or not doing that I should be would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry. (Linux newbie)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-modem-router-recognised-but-cant-access-internet.30529/
Relevancy 55.47%

Appended below are the following log files ipconfig all TechGuy SysInfo Log HijackThis Log attach log from dds scr note this program did not create a file named dds txt ark log from GMER FSS log from Farbar ipconfig all Microsoft modem. Ethernet cannot bit cable XP 32 to access via Windows DSL Internet Windows Windows XP 32 bit cannot access Internet via Ethernet cable to DSL modem. XP Windows XP 32 bit cannot access Internet via Ethernet cable to DSL modem. Version C Copyright Windows XP 32 bit cannot access Internet via Ethernet cable to DSL modem. - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Rick gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name D P J Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - - - A- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corp R Antivirus None HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Utilities Antivirus HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www sandboxer com redirect aspx ID amp MID JSAG S SGESDE BT L G P AAP ZS HWF R - URLSearchHook AOLSearchHook Class - EB EA-E BE- CFD- F F-C A C EAFA - C Program Files AIM Search AOLSearch dll R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - B B - - d -B D- EBB BA F A - no file O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - no file O - BHO AOL Search Enhancement - EB EA-E BE- CFD- F F-C A C EAFA - C Program Files AIM Search AOLSearch dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO no name - A A- - C-A - E D - no file O - BHO AppGraffiti - F A - E - D B- - B EA C EF - C PROGRA APPGRA APPGRA DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO no name - F A - B- E - A - F B D - no file O - BHO XBTBPos - FCBCCB - - B D-B -F D BEB - C Program Files Fast Browser Search IE FBStoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - Toolbar Fast Browser Search Toolbar - BB D -A - B -A -C A F EC - C Program Files Fast Browser Search IE FBStoolbar dll O - To... Read more

A:Windows XP 32 bit cannot access Internet via Ethernet cable to DSL modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-32-bit-cannot-access-internet-via-ethernet-cable-to-dsl-modem.1097937/
Relevancy 55.47%

Problem with my cousins network again. The modem finally called it quits. He was told by AT&T to buy a new one and he bought a Netgear DM111PSP. It wouldn't work. I went there and after 1/2 hour it's working (I think he had the user name incorrect).

The internet works fine when the computer is connected directly to the modem. But when I wire in the router (Linksys E2500) he has no internet access.

Both had an IP of 192.168.0.1
I changed the router to be 192.168.0.2
Still no internet access.

A:issue with internet access after new modem (and router) installed

Some IP configuration may be helpful to see what is being set on the client side.

Can the client device ping the router?

Is the router receiving a valid public IP address from the connection to the internet (going through the modem)?

There may be a possible IP conflict as well depending on how the modem is setup... A possible test could be to change the LAN subnet to a different one. Maybe 10.1.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0? Remember to change the DHCP scope accordingly.

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/327831-issue-internet-access-after-new-modem-router-installed.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I know this topic has been on here before but I can t find one specific to mine Here s what s going on I had my desktop amp wireless router all hooked up DSL internet and running fine in one room I moved the desktop to another room so i disconnected everything to move it and hooked it back up in the new room different phone jack When the wires are plugged in it registers on the modem and on the router that I have the internet connection The Desktop picks up the LAC but I m assuming its just picking up the router power and not the actual connection because it will not let me connect to the internet The laptop connects to the network router Internet access & on wireless connection but modem, no but not the internet I have the DSL line plugged into the modem a network cable running from that to the internet port on the router and another ethernet cable running from an ethernet port on the router to the network port on the pc sounds right right lol Here s the catch If I disconnect the router altogether and connect the network cable directly from the modem to the pc or laptop viola I can Internet connection on wireless router & modem, but no access access the internet As you can probably tell I ve done lots of trial amp error in this process I m thinking there s a setup or configuring thing I may be missing I guess my mind is thinking that something like that shouldn t have to be done considering it s all hardware that was connected and installed and configured before I m not an IT whiz though So have at it shoot some ideas my way because I m going nuts I wanna be able to sit in my recliner with the laptop again Thanks nbsp

A:Internet connection on wireless router & modem, but no access

Reset the wireless router back to factory default settings. Then reconfigure it back. I would backup your settings first though on the router. That feature is hidden in the tools tab on the router. Did you have the power go out or what happen prior to this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-on-wireless-router-modem-but-no-access.152164/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone I have the following problem Internet connection is working I can surf the web without problems but I can't connect to the local management IP of my modem router because the login Safe Internet access my in although working only Mode modem is Can page fails to load This is the same for all the net interfaces that I installed on my computer onboard usb-to-eth wireless I tried them one by one My OS is Windows Ultimate licensed and up to date and the modem is HG H installed by the provider I was able to the connect to this modem in the past Let me state what I tried till now I deactivated my antivirus BitDefender firewall I used browsers IE Chrome Firefox Opera Safari I used a laptop and it connects to the modem without any problems same thing for a smartphone I reseted the modem to the default settings I rebooted the system in Safe Mode with Networking Can access my modem only in Safe Mode although Internet is working and I unistalled installed the drivers for the network interfaces The result was that I could log on my modem but only in Safe Mode After the reboot to Normal Mode the access failed once again Please help Thank you and have a nice day

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593015/can-access-my-modem-only-in-safe-mode-although-internet-is-working/
Relevancy 55.47%

My Dell laptop worked OK, but very slow. This is the first I've reformatted to clean house in 4-5 years. The Local Area Connection Status page says connected at 100 Mbps, but I can't get to the net. Two other computers on this modem/router are working fine. There are no flags against the ethernet adapter in the Device Manager. I've tried Netgear and ATT support with no solution (hardware and ISP). Any ideas?

A:Solved: XP reformated - modem says connected but no internet access

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-reformated-modem-says-connected-but-no-internet-access.871422/
Relevancy 55.47%

I admit my question in the title bar for this forum sounds dumb but was unsure Internet Modem Computer? Access Disconnected From Solved: When how to title it Here s the situation I access the Internet through a wireless Wire receiver hooked to my desk top running Windows The wireless modem is connected to my wife s computer When her computer is turned off I can still access the Internet through her wireless modem which begs the question If the modem is disconnected from her computer can I still access the Internet My fear is that some point in time Solved: Access Internet When Modem Disconnected From Computer? her computer is going to crash and may be in a shop for repair for a period of time When that occurs the modem will have to be disconnected from her computer and I will not have Internet access -- or will I It seems logical that when her computer is turned off there is no connection between her computer and the wireless modem So how does this all work nbsp

A:Solved: Access Internet When Modem Disconnected From Computer?

What is the brand and model number of the modem?

An overnight test would be to have her computer shut down and then turn the modem off for the night. The next day, turn only the modem and your computer back on. Leave her's off. If you can still access the Internet on your computer, then it is fairly certain that you do not need her computer to access the Internet.

If you can not connect and you have DSL service. The problem may be that the modem does not support PPPoE authentication (logging onto the DSL service with your user name and password) on its own and requires a connected computer to do it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-internet-when-modem-disconnected-from-computer.949538/
Relevancy 55.47%

for some reason two different modems have trouble accessing the internet. .

(I've tried both). . .

it does seem to connect, and shows "connected at 50.6K". . or whatever the speed is. .

but I can't get to websites, and I can't ping any websites (says 'request timed out'), and
the antivirus says it can't update, and says "check your internet connection". .

so I have every reason to believe it isn't connecting (it's someone else's PC).

I can't seem to find any working firewall on it (it's XP). .

I plan to post a hijackthis log after I look at it again tomorrow night, but til then I'm wondering if anyone has any other ideas of why it won't connect.

(the phone line seems fine, works for using the phone, etc.). .

Any ideas of things I can try? Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:Modem problems/internet/access not working (dialup)

Go into Control Panel and click on Modems. Then you should see a screen with several tabs. Click the diagnostics tab. Then you should see a buttton that says Query Modem. Click this. Basically what happens now is the computer talks to the modem. If the modem responds, we can say for sure that everything on your end is ok. If it does not, then the problem is on your end of things.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modem-problems-internet-access-not-working-dialup.502926/
Relevancy 55.47%

My desktop recently broke so i bought my first laptop I have AT amp T DSL and i bought a new D-Link DSL- B modem router so i could have wireless internet I called for help on installing it and i was able internet connected but no Modem/router D-Link New access to use it with the ethernet cable however when i tried to use wifi it worked for only about minutes before it New D-Link Modem/router connected but no internet access disconnected Now when i try again it says that it is connected full bars but it also says there is no internet access and i cannot use the internet I need help fixing this problem Also before with the old modem i was able to just connect the ethernet cable to the laptop and just start using the internet Now i have to connect by putting in my username and password provided by my ISP almost like if it was dial up I don t know why i have to do this now but not before please help thank you Tech Support New D-Link Modem/router connected but no internet access Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO N A N A Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I use a wireless network in the home for media centre purposes PS pcs and i use a g usb modem on the pc that i require internet on whenever that maybe Problem i have is that when the WLAN is up and i connect to the g modem i cant see anything on the internet Is it something to do with the default gateway or is usb access 3g have Solved: cannot internet connected When i wifi modem i and it something with my browser gonna check right now if i can ping and work out if its possibly DNS related will post back in a sec Ta EDIT It appears to be Solved: When i have wifi and 3g usb modem connected i cannot access internet DNS related as i can ping but if i ping google com or co uk its not getting a response Where should i be looking to resolve this EDIT This is a grab of the ping while both wifi and usb are connected and then the succesful ping is the wifi disabled What on earth is going on here obviously the ip address is completly different on the succesful ping could this be something to do with a proxy nbsp

A:Solved: When i have wifi and 3g usb modem connected i cannot access internet

Your first suspicion (Default Gateway) is almost certainly the reason. When Windows has a choice of Default Gateways it chooses the wired over the wireless. But if they are the same type--both yours are wireless--I don't know if the selection is random or if there is an algorithm.

Anyhow, the solution is your situation is to assign a static IP to the Wi-Fi connection, leaving the Default Gateway and DNS null (blank). The IP you choose has to be in the router's IP range but outside its Dhcp server's address range.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-when-i-have-wifi-and-3g-usb-modem-connected-i-cannot-access-internet.915069/
Relevancy 55.47%

My base computer or the ones trying to access the internet from the wireless router can't get the internet connection. When I go modem to base computer I can get internet but as soon as the router is in the mix nothing works. I have a motorola modem and a linksys router..I got it to work shortly last night after putting the linksys system disc in and woke up and I was kicked off line..any help will be really appreciated thank you.

A:No internet connection when hooked up to router

"nothing works" means what?! The mouse doesn't move and the keyboard keys are stuck?

Did you read the Linksys manual?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-connection-when-hooked-up-to-router.65485/
Relevancy 55.04%
A:laptop all of a sudden telling me no speakers or headpones hooked up

Your spec indicate you are using Enterprise/32. Have you contacted your I.T. department on this problem you are having?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/257437-laptop-all-sudden-telling-me-no-speakers-headpones-hooked-up.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I hooked up my broken screen toshiba XP laptop to a external monitor with a VGA. I removed the laptop screen driver, and installed the new monitors drivers and was able to change the resloution to reasonable size. It worked great, for a day. Now the screen only shows the windows start up logo and then turns black. I know the computer is still running because i can still log into my accont when I guess the right buttons. HOW CAN I MAKE THIS WORK? thanks much.

Relevancy 54.61%

Okays so we just got a brand new modem from comcast and my dis and my sisters laptop can connect to the internet. My sisters laptop say radio type "weird letter number combo) when laying on top of our modems name. But my mothers laptop says no broad cast. And thats the lap top that wont connect. That laptop connects to the modem not the internet.

A:Laptop connects to modem not internet

What's the make, model and operating system of the problem computer?

What is the network setup like in the house? A modem connected to a wireless router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connects-to-modem-not-internet.1063977/
Relevancy 54.61%

I ve got a Toshiba l d The other day my laptop was sitting on a desk playing music when the screen went gray with black bars going across it vertically I d never seen anything like this and it was completely frozen so I manually powered it off and restarted Then the screen wouldn t come on I ve managed to get it to display through an external screen and to my surprise the screen on my actual laptop would come back on after I d get to the Windows Vista login screen I unhooked the monitor cable tested Windows a little bit everything work to monitor external first Laptop upon hooked screen won't unless powering, seemed to be working okay and then restarted It restarted just fine So I tried shutting down but it the screen wont power on if it s turned off If I hook it to the external monitor again i can get back to Windows I m just trying Laptop screen won't work upon powering, unless first hooked to external monitor to figure out why it Laptop screen won't work upon powering, unless first hooked to external monitor won t power the screen on its own Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-wont-work-upon-powering-unless-first-hooked-to-external-monitor.1021809/
Relevancy 54.61%

I'm trying to install XP on a new hard drive I bought, it's hooked up to an external hard drive docking station to my laptop that already has Vista installed on it.

Is this even possible, I've allready fomatted the drive and it's ready to be written to. I tried changing the boot order of the external drive to the first in the list, hoping I could just have my XP cd in when it tries to boot off the blank drive but it doesn't do anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mark

A:Help installing XP on an external hard drive hooked up to my Vista laptop

Hi this say's it is possible http://www.ngine.de/index.jsp?pageid=4176 please note I have not tried this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-installing-xp-on-an-external-hard-drive-hooked-up-to-my-vista-laptop.897929/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello Guys I've been searching for the past days a solution but nothing came up to work Tried different things nothing Cable access ipv4 ipv6 internet no network no to connected modem, good yet So I'm directly connected to a modem cable and well Cable connected to modem, ipv6 no internet access ipv4 no network my computer takes time to identify and then identifies it first a a public network i was able to change it to home ipv no internet access ipv no network access Here's my ipconfig log Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Volumes Untitled System syst txt Windows IP Configuration Host Name TheRealThing-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List flets-east jp iptvf jp Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix flets-east jp Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - A- A- -AF-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a bb de f e eb Pr eferred Temporary IPv Address a d a d f Pre ferred Link-local IPv Address fe bb de f e eb Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway fe e ff fe a c DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A-C - C- - D- - - DNS Servers a f b a f a NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List flets-east jp iptvf jp Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- - D- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - -D - B-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b d bd Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c e e c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained octobre Lease Expires octobre Default Gateway b DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A-C - C- - D- - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A - EB- BDC- -C AB E FB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap gateway wire net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B D- D- E - -EB C F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix flets-east jp Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AF ED-DA F- CF-B B- A ECC D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface C D- F- DE- C- A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I was able to get the latest driver of my Broadlink card Didn't change anything I tried manually setting the IPs but honestly it was my first time ever using ipv I don't know why I had to use them also and maybe don't exactly know how to use this Windows trouble shooter tells me it's a DNS server error If you know anything Cheers m

A:Cable connected to modem, ipv6 no internet access ipv4 no network

Hello and welcome M3 I see you have been waiting for some time now so just to start the ball rolling mate have you checked in the Device Manager for any anomalies ie yellow triangles alongside the adaptors etc?
It might be worth trying to update them anyway see this so that we know what the adaptor's are

Using HW Info general components

DownloadHW Info and pick the right bit version - HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download - (copy andpaste this site into the search bar) If you do not need the running informationin the smaller right hand panel close it. In the left hand window click on the+ for the individual device groupings and they will open out to the variouscomponents.

Go onopening out further until you get to the device itself. click on it and it willhighlight. In the right hand window there will be a very detailed descriptionof that device as in brand, speeds model number etc etc These are very detailedand are just what is needed for searching for drivers etc.
Seemy pic for an example - in this I have opened out one my components and then highlighted one of the one you need andyou can see the detail (mine is the adaptor in this machine

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/350383-cable-connected-modem-ipv6-no-internet-access-ipv4-no-network.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My neighbor is using my Belkin Router the basic one and has comcast. We both use his internet and have had no problems until the past 3 days. He just got the home phone service from comcast and the phone line is setup through the modem. Ever since comcast came to his apartment and set this up the home phone service to his modem the router is connected but there is no internet access. What is going on and how can I fix this. He has an HP with windows Vista and I have a Toshiba Satellite L675 that has Windows 7 Home premium edition on it. Can someone tell me step by step on how to fix this on both laptops please He is frustrated with it and so am I. I am hoping to get an answer as quick as I can!! Thank you so much

A:Belkin Basic Router is connected to a Comcast modem but no internet access

We both use his internet Click to expand...

that will be against the T&Cs of the ISP _ they will have a clause about sharing between premises - so we can help here - closing post

also you would have read the rules on joining
http://www.techguy.org/rules.html
WiFi "Piggybacking" / "Wardriving" - We do not support the act of using someone else's Internet without permission. Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-basic-router-is-connected-to-a-comcast-modem-but-no-internet-access.1028641/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have an Acer Aspire 5740G and for some reason it hasn't allowed me to install my new wireless internet usb stick. I have an older usb stick already installed that I use, but it won't let me install this new one which works fine on my PC.

When I plug in the usb stick it makes that beep beep noise to indicate it detects the device but when I go into my computer the device pops up and then suddenly disappears.

I have my new HP eprint printer installed on my PC however when I plug the usb cable into my laptop after installing the CD it won't connect. This is during the setup when it says "connect usb cable" or whatever - but NOTHING HAPPENS!

Please help - I very much dislike using my PC to print and I would like to know why my laptop is being so lame.

A:Laptop will not install internet modem or printer

Hello chri5, welcome to the forum

Try this; USB Driver - General Fix for Problems[2]=Hardware%20and%20Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/166531-laptop-will-not-install-internet-modem-printer.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Virgin installed a new router and modem and although my PC one laptop and one netbook are connecting to the internet an Acer Aspire with Vista is not The PC connected to the modem and router is an left modem and 1 laptop new without router internet Advent AIO windows xp and the router is a D-Link DIR- Previously I had installed a Belkin myself and we had no problems with that but new modem and router left 1 laptop without internet everything I have tried like a wired link to update drivers and windows for instance on the new modem and router left 1 laptop without internet Acer has not worked I also tried pinging Yahoo com to no avail I tried the ipconfig thing and some of it does look wrong to me but I dont know how to put it right My husband wants me to put the Belkin back on but given that we have a new modem I m not sure I want to Can you help please Below is my ipconfig thing Windows IP Configuration Host Name dadhsnr-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List cable virginmedia net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix cable virginmedia net Description Broadcom NetLink new modem and router left 1 laptop without internet TM Fast Ethernet Physical Address - B- -DB-A - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix cable virginmedia net Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - F- A- B- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a bcf bf ed Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix cable virginmedia net Description isatap cable virginmedia net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users dadhsnr gt nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

When I am on my computer at random times my asus laptop would drop my internet. I am using a wireless connection and my connection is not bad. Just wondering if there is a quick fix to this. I am not the most knowledgeable computer guy but I could follow directions if you guys need addition info of my laptop.

Thank you! Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382144-asus-laptop-keeps-getting-random-limited-access-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 53.32%

ok i have charter dsl and i had the tech guy come out and check the modem i have he said everything is working fine plugged the ethernet cord into his laptop and his internet jumped rite on..My problem is when i plug my ethernet cord into my laptop there is no connection to the internet and will not work.I dont know if its my settings or what it is...if anyone can help please reply it will be the biggest favor of 2010...also i have windows vista...thank you

A:my laptop wont connect to my home internet modem

and welcome to the Forum

To start, look in Device Manager to see if the Network Adaptor is shown

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-my-home-internet-modem-449779.html
Relevancy 52.89%

It's a gateway laptop, I have Windows XP Professional version 2002 service pack 1

I want to connect it online so I can update it, but when I plug in my Ethernet cable, nothing really happens. On my desktop, my ISP is Optimum Online. I tried installing optimum online on my laptop, but I can't get it connected. It referred my to some driver installations, I installed all of them and it's still not connecting.

If there is anything else needed, please ask.

A:Solved: Having trouble connecting Laptop to the internet using a cable modem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-having-trouble-connecting-laptop-to-the-internet-using-a-cable-modem.628764/
Relevancy 52.03%

My little brother gave me his laptop so I reformatted his laptop and when I try to to connect to the internet via WiFi I could connect but I would have limited access. I can connect to the internet with my old laptop, iphone and xbox. But I cant connect to my newly reformatted laptop. Please help.

Thanks

A:Cant access internet with new laptop, only limited access

Have you loaded all the system drivers for all the installed hardware? You get them from the manufacturers website, download area.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/256217-cant-access-internet-new-laptop-only-limited-access.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My desktop with Windows Vista is connected to the modem with a standard ethernet cord, and when I try to plug the same cord into my laptop I don't get any internet access. My laptop is running Windows 7. I have tried powering the modem off for 15 seconds multiple times, but to no avail. I am just trying to make this connection work until I purchase a router.

A:Desktop connects fine to internet via ethernet cord to modem, laptop doesn't

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-connects-fine-to-internet-via-ethernet-cord-to-modem-laptop-doesnt.1008469/
Relevancy 51.6%

Pretty much as stated. I have tried everything. I need help.
Win XP Home Premium HP Pavilion dv 2037US
Error is:
Windows Defender
Application failed to initialize:0x800106ba. A problem caused thi program's service to stop. To start this service, restart your computer or search Help and Support fir how to start a service manually.

didnt work.

FIrefox and IE wont work.
System restore failed
deleting unnessacary programs failed
internet connections in control panel failed
windows defender mdiabled failed
onboard diagnostics failed
Hiren Boot disc diagnostics came up negative

the list goes on. i would appreciate ome help. thanks.

A:Laptop Browsers Wont access internet but i connected to internet

the error listed i linked to a exe for windows defender. it wont run, even when i hit it manually.

i dont think this is the problem though.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/298108/laptop-browsers-wont-access-internet-but-i-connected-to-internet/
Relevancy 51.17%

My laptop connects to the local network, but it has no internet access.
If I run troubleshooting it says that the DNS server isn't responding.
It is not the internets fault, because my room mate net works fine. It's not the cables fault because I tried plugging it in both of my routers and in both of my room mates, using his cable. And it doesn't work.
Wifi works fine elsewhere, but I don't have a wifi router in my dorm.
Things that I've tried:
Flushing my DNS
Adding custom DNS ports, like Googles or OpenDNS
Resetting the laptop to previous restore points
Using winsock reset
Disabling/enabling the network
Disabling Avast

I've changed nothing on my computer. The net worked fine on tuesday in my dorm. I went home and it worked fine there. Yesterday I came back to my dorm and it just stopped.

A:Laptop connecting to internet but no internet access (DNS server)

Try typing 74.125.21.102 in a browser window to see if you can reach Google. Check your roommates DSN settings and see if he is using the same DNS servers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/359887-laptop-connecting-internet-but-no-internet-access-dns-server.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Ihave had problems with this computer in the past connecting wirelessly to internet and had a friend fix it, issues with the ip adress I think. I am on a mac connected wirelessly in our house but when I tried my laptop it said it was connected but internet explorer couldn't open any pages. When I tried to repair it it said it needed to clear the arp cache. I followed directions from this site to do that which worked, the repair process completed with no other messages but I still can't connect. Everything looks right but I still can't connect! help!

A:laptop says it's connected to internet but i can't access the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-says-its-connected-to-internet-but-i-cant-access-the-internet.854024/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello, I have a Asus Laptop operating with Windows 8.1. It connects to wifi but none of the desktop icons can get to the Internet. Meanwhile most window tiles in the start menu have Internet access . For example I have the application "MegaTube" and that application has access to the Internet. As well as the weather app, which updates when connected to the Internet. Please help.

A:Laptop is connected to Internet, but no internet access

Any third party Internet Security software installed? Is this a Public Wifi Hotspot, or your own personal Intetnet connection that you pay for. Are any other computers when connecting to that wifi a/p having problems going online?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/51475-laptop-connected-internet-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey everyone I've ran into a problem that I can't quite figure out My internet connection shows 'no internet access' even though my ISP shows the connection is coming into the house just fine I usually use shows not router address Internet 'No modem the IP IP Access' address a router NetGear-WNR U but I right now I have the Ethernet 'No Internet Access' IP address shows router not the modem IP address connection plugged directly into my PC I tried directly plugging into my laptop and the internet works just fine So I know the problem resides in the PC Some troubleshooting things I have tried -Power cycled my modem router and PC -Repinged my connection from my ISP Comcast Xfinity -Used the reset option on the router and the modem -I was walked through the internet options needed with the tech support from my ISP to make sure DHCP was enabled and every other setting was correct and he cleared me that all settings were correct -Tried ipconfig commands to renew and release my IP When I tried ipconfig renew I get the error 'An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection unable to contact your DHCP server' -Restored my PC to a restore point where the Internet was working All of these options did not work What I think the problem is and I am not sure how to fix it when I run the ipconfig all command my Auto configuration IPv Address shows which I was told is a router IP address even though I am plugged directly from the modem to my PC with an Ethernet cord So I think that's my problem But I am not sure I'd be glad to provide any more information needed and I am open to all suggestions I am pretty tech savvy so any advice I will try Thanks everyone

A:'No Internet Access' IP address shows router not the modem IP address

That would be your ISPs' address, the router would probably be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 so, in the properties, advanced button for the ipv4 of your adapter, make sure both settings are on auto, and add the correct router address in the gateway box.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/239150-no-internet-access-ip-address-shows-router-not-modem-ip-address.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello..

What is the problem when laptop cannot access internet via broadband and any wireless connection..Is the problem occurs inside of the laptop?

Before this everything is fine..

Thanks..

A:Laptop Can't Access Internet

What is the error message?

System manufacturer and model?

Are you using a router for a wired connection...or is it strictly a wireless connection?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/335800/laptop-cant-access-internet/
Relevancy 49.02%

I know its now but my problem goes back to can't access internet. Laptop november On the th my laptop wasn t able to get online I ve got Road Runner and the laptop is a Winbook J Now trust me this happens off and on and i know all i have to do is restart the modem But the problem is that didn t fix it I went through all the troubleshooters and it did nothing I system restored to the day before and it did nothing I ve been searching through my files for any that were used created or modified on the th and came across a weird quot Sp connection patcher quot There was a notepad follow titled quot Inst quot install and this is Laptop can't access internet. how it read quot Trying to find wxp sp bug not found checking applicatino version NO installed version found Checking version checked succesfully Checking user rights checked successfully Checking tcpip sys file version checked successfully trying to get PID of winlogon exe found create destination folder folder created Create backups trying to copy file lt C windows servicepackfiles i tcpip sys gt succesfull Trying to remove file lt C windows servicepackfiles i tcpip sys gt successfull Trying to copy file lt C windows system dllcache tcpip Laptop can't access internet. sys gt failed Trying to remove file lt C windows system dllcache tcpip sys gt failed Trying to copy file lt C windows system drivers tcpip sys gt successfull backups created check sum success raw data offset eb Raw data size found value of constant a New value set to c old check sum is db new check sum should be trying to catch warning window catched quot CAn someone explain to me what that program did and how to reverse it I lost all system restore points before december so thats not an option PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Laptop can't access internet.

and, its not Road Runner, my modem, or my router because internet still works on this computer and my xbox.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cant-access-internet.430096/
Relevancy 49.02%

My laptop will not access the internet...it has been working just fine...My desktop computer is just fine....I have pinged, but does not recognize it...Please give me advice...........thank you

A:laptop won't access internet

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

Have you tried to do a system restore to before the problem occurred?
If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless connection issues, have you removed all the stored wireless network profiles and then searched for the network?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wireless laptops, have you made SURE the wireless switch is on?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-access-internet.923222/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello my daughter brought me her laptop to sort out saying that she could not get on the Internet No internet access through laptop. with either of the browsers on her system Google Chrome and I E when I start it up it sees my wifi router which is listed in Network and sharing centre as connected but the router is as far as it gets I have other computers in the house that use this router with no problems both wired and wireless Device manager shows no problems I No internet access through laptop. did a scan with Norton Internet Security which was already installed on the system and it placed two items in No internet access through laptop. quarantine adware cross No internet access through laptop. id and suspicious cloud but on reboot no change still no Internet connection I pinged google com using the loopback address with no problem so the TCP IP stack is ok If I go into network map I can see the laptop router and internet icons if I click on the internet symbol I get a popup screen which says Navigation canceled this page cannot be displayed make sure the web address http www symantec com is correct I would appreciate any help with this problem Thanks

A:No internet access through laptop.

You may want to make sure that it is not setup to use a proxy server. To check this follow these steps:

Go to your control panel
Go to Internet Options
Click Connections Tab
Click LAN Settings at the bottom
If "Use a proxy server for your LAN" is checked, uncheck it and try browsing again. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549187/no-internet-access-through-laptop/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a group of Dell Inspiron 5100 laptops that I need to setup so that they have NO access to the Internet. Unfortunately, all the accounts on the laptops are 'adminstrative' accounts so that a group of applications with unsigned macros can run. Is there a way I setup the laptops so that only another 'savy' tech person would be able to change it back?

I already uninstalled IE from the windows components and gave the nic a 10.10.10.10 ip address.

But I can see them, the panel of users, going back in & adding the IE component and using a USB wireless card to access the Internet with these laptops. Is there a way to prevent this?

looking for answers......

A:How do I Set up a Laptop with no access to the Internet

this always depends on how clever the users are. we restrict our users to power users which leaves us more options.
you could for example set a proxy address which leads to nowhere or just 127.0.0.1 and then remove the connections tab from internet exploiter with a group policy.
I guess there are alot of different methods to disable internet access but you need to find a way thats really hard to fix for them.
one thing that goes through my mind.... do you use a switch or something that you can configure in your network or between the networks your users are connected to? I think you could disable forwarding request from the local network to the internet or proxy server as a general option there as well.

post back if you need more optiions!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-set-up-a-laptop-with-no-access-to-the-internet.101541/
Relevancy 49.02%

<Don't have internet access in my laptop when I tried connecting to my cousin's DSL internet connection.>

Hi guys!

My cousin has a desktop with a dsl internet connection while I don't so one time I tried inserting the internet cable in my laptop's port hoping that I would be able to connect to the web and get some updates on my anti-virus program. But to my dismay, I was not able to secure a connection thus failed to update.

I talked to a friend of mine regarding this problem and he told me that it has something to do with REFERENCE Number. He did not explain it to me so I'm hoping that you could help me with this.

What should I do to have internet connection using my cousin's DSL?

Thanks!

A:Don't have internet access in my laptop...

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Start off with Power cycle:
Turn off your computer and unplug the modem. Turning your modem off may not be enough to get it to restart itself, so always unplug its power source. Leave your modem off for 1 minute, then plug it back in and turn on your computer.

Do an ipconfig /all from your computer, compare the output of yours and your cousin's.
Click on Start => in search box type cmd press enter. From the black screen, type the word ipconfig /all and press enter. Right click on the black screen or Command prompt then choose Select All and Paste the results onto your Post.

You may also try these commands from your computer. Click on Start, type cmd, from the command prompt type:
ipconfig /release then press enter
ipconfig /renew then press enter

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172560-dont-have-internet-access-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

A couple of days ago my home PC stopped connectingt to the internet using wifi and hasn't been able to since. However I can on my laptop and tablet! I have taken my PC downstairs to see if I can connect using an ethernet cable which i can.

I need to find out why I cant now get on it wirelessly. The Pc's about a year old and has an 802.11n Wireless LAN Card. I have reseated it in case it was that.Within Device Manager it says 'The device is working properly'.

Im at a bit of a loss, any suggestions greatly appreciated

4ordie

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Recently I have bought a Samsung R laptop which have worked well for the past weeks However recently my comp have lagged beyond any possible usage all of a sudden one day This prompted me to search for any possible solution and I have performed a rollback to an earlier date together with deselecting certain programmes on starting windows from services msc This however have resulted in my subsequent internet internet Laptop no please) help access(Need problem I have tried the following methods already but am still unable to find any plausible solution finding bonjour doing winsock reset and related commands in cmd changing IPv or IPv to automatic already was in network centre Uninstalling driver so that it reinstalls immediately finding updates it states that I have the most updated driver On my comp for connection status both IPv and IPv have no internet and network access respectively Another thing to note is that I am also unable to connect using my mobile broadband although i'm 'connected' there's no internet access I've tried many solutions these few days but are still unable to solve Any kind Laptop no internet access(Need help please) souls please help me

A:Laptop no internet access(Need help please)

How do you connect to the internet? Are you ethernet connected or are you trying to connect wireless? Setting services to Manual is preferred to disabling, if needed they can start. Since you have only had the computer a short time, consider a system restore...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/134966-laptop-no-internet-access-need-help-please.html
Relevancy 49.02%

When I hover over laptop wifi logo, Bell-Northern Research,etc. displays.  I don't recall this before. Problem?I use a Cisco router using Suddenlink internet. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-internet-access/td-p/5765215
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a gateway laptop (win xp) and would like ot make it internet accessible, by routing it to my desktop (have lyncsys router) and also being able to use it on the go - airport terminals, hotels,relative's house, etc. I'm an amatuer, so be gentle - but how do I go about hooking this all up?

thanks for your help
Karen

A:internet access for laptop

On your laptop's end you'll need a wireless network card. It will automatically join the network with the strongest signal and you can then surf the web freely as long as your in range of an open access point.

For networking using CAT-5 cable (the big blue telephone cord lookin stuff) you'll either have a connection in the back of your laptop or you'll have to buy a second networking card (doh!) for your laptop..this one with a plug for CAT-5 obviously. You may be able to buy network cards that are both wired and wireless but I'm not sure on that. Check the Linksys website.

Linksys sells these and you'd be best off buying from them for compatibility reasons. With the included CD it basically walks you through setting it up and physically getting the laptop on the network. The biggest trouble is finding a spot where you can get online...And the wireless cards for laptops generally have crappy range.

With Windows 2000 or XP you'll have two network connections which you can then rename to "Wired" and "Wireless" for instance, so its less confusing. It will switch connections on the fly depending on what connection your using, and this way you can have the wired network on a set IP address and let the wireless roam.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-access-for-laptop.233179/
Relevancy 49.02%

I got a new laptop recently, and when going to "Wireless Network Connections," I find my at&t router on the list. I press connect and it connects to it, but there is a yield sign on the icon, and it tells me that there's no internet access. How can I fix this?

A:my laptop is not getting internet access.

Give us a list of the security settings and encryption your router uses. I've attached a picture of mine. The passphrase has been blocked out for obvious reasons.

Best thing would be to tell us the brand and model of both your router and your laptop. Wireless security can use a number of different methods.

Also, some wireless network controllers insist on using their own setup wizard and not the built-in Windows one. If you tell us what exact laptop you have we can figure it out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139023-my-laptop-not-getting-internet-access.html
Relevancy 49.02%

HI I read the whole thing but I ve certainly gotten lost in a few parts I believe I have a similar issue I have laptop with windows and it ha dbeen connecting to wifi for almost a year already with no problem all of a sudden for the past few days it started showing the DAMN yellow triangle and its always quot no internet access quot cant surf the web but my iphone and my neighbour who im splitting the bill with are connecting just fine Also when connected to an ethernet cable it works it actually very clearly show the name of my wireless network with the words quot no internet access quot beneath and then the name of the wired network HOME b with the words quot internet access quot beneath and thats how im typing this right now I havent made any changes in the last two days I downloaded Advanced system care driver booster and malware fighter all from IObit but that was last week I dont see why it didnt make the wifi faili right away assuming it was that this just happened days ago the only thing downloaded by my brother was the facebook video callin add on which I uninstall already to rule it out I have ran ipconfig and as far as I understand which is not a lot internet with Laptop no access eveything seems to be in order dhcp is enabled I checked the Laptop with no internet access properties of the network and both the internet protocol TCP IPv and TCP IPv are enabled and set to automatically obtain IP address and DNS server ive tried other things here and there like uninstalling third party applications like apple BONJOUR and uninstalling avg which was expired anyway although it never gave me tha tissue before I also turned off windows firewall for a minute just to see but nothing works as soon as I unplug ethernet and connect to wireless it connects at first without the warning sign but as soon as I try to open a website it appears and fails surfing I dont know what to do I can copy the ipconfig results or anything you d like ONE MORE THING I CAN actually log in to the routers default gateway even while on wireless and no internet access displays Moderator note Moved out this thread - http www techspot com community t gh-ethernet-but-not-wifi post- nbsp

A:Laptop with no internet access

Advance System Care years ago used to be ok but tends to be mainstream and allows third party applications to install on there own if you are not careful. Get rid of anything Iobit related that is al junk I dont care what anybody says I remove it because after careful research Malwarebytes will tell you that it is malware. Anyway sounds like you could have an issue with a virus or malware being what you have downloaded. I would try to run malwarebytes to see if anything comes up if you are not familiar with it here is a link to download it. I understand you do not have internet so you will have to download it to a flash drive and run it on the computer. Post what it finds and we will go from there. If you can wire in and get internet let mek now that also. But it sounds like that wont work either due to the nature of your issue. http://ninite.com/malwarebytes/

Also what I would do is try to attempt a system restore back to when the first issue came up. That way you might be able to go back in time before the issues but if it is a virus this wont work. Just an idea./

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-with-no-internet-access.199753/
Relevancy 49.02%

I just got a new laptop it no internet New laptop, access is some kind of Sony Vaio and it uses Windows I d give more info but I don t know what to look for The PC I m using now is some kind of Gateway and it uses Vista My router is a Linksys WRT -N The problem my laptop New laptop, no internet access is not connected to the internet When I turned on the laptop for the first time it told me that I need to connect an Ethernet cable from the router to the laptop I m confused by this but this is what I did I found a cable that I used to use to connect from my router to my Xbox for Xbox live is this an Ethernet cable and New laptop, no internet access used it to connect my router to my laptop The laptop seems to recognize the existence of my router as well as a New laptop, no internet access bunch of other random routers but when I try to connect to it it says the router has No Internet Access If you need any more information to solve this problem just tell me what to look for as I m a little confused on what specific information I need to give and where to find that information in the first place Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Internet access Laptop won't everyone i have a problem with this laptop in that it cannot access the Internet though every setting is correct It started off by hanging up and restarting everytime i try to open a program called PSAF Below is the HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services Laptop won't access Internet exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client OfcPfwSvc exe C CYME Protection Key Utilities SuperPro Servers winnt spnsrvnt exe C WINDOWS TIREMOTE wuser exe C WINDOWS TIREMOTE TIRemoteService exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exe C PROGRAM FILES TREND MICRO OFFICESCAN CLIENT FCD G EXE C WINDOWS Explorer exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files HPQ One-Touch OneTouch EXE C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntupd exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OLFSNT EXE C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www lec co ls R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www hp com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe quot C WINDOWS sembako-dezjlli exe quot O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Display Settings C Program Files HPQ Notebook Utilities hptasks exe s O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run HPHUPD c Program Files Hewlett-Packard B B-DCAB- - EE - F hphupd exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS System hphmon exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exe O - HKLM Run QT HPOT C Program Files HPQ One-Touch OneTouch EXE O - HKLM Run SM ACL sm hlpr exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run vjqvxg vjqvxg exe O - HKLM Run OfficeScanNT Monitor quot C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe quot -HideWindow O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run Tok-Cirrhatus- quot C Documents and Settings USER Local Settings Application Data br on exe quot O - HKCU Run updateMgr C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe AcRdB -reboot O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Symantec Fax Starter Edition Port lnk C Pr... Read more

A:Laptop won't access Internet

Hello, and welcome to the HijackThis Help Forum.

Apologies for any delay in replying, but we have been rather busy lately. You may wish to Subscribe to this thread so that you are notified when you receive a reply. To do this click Thread Tools (above the first post), then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Hopefully you have a way to transfer these programs to your laptop.

Download CleanX-II
Please download CleanX-II and save it to your Desktop.Disconnect/unplug the computer from the Internet.
Save any work which you're doing & close all other programs.
Double-click CleanX-II.exe
The tool will begin scanning your machine. Because this worm names it's files randomly, there are a series of cross-checks/verification processes to ensure that the tool does not remove legitimate files. Depending on the size of your drives, this scan may take several minutes. Please be patient during this period & allow it to complete it's task.
Once it has finished scanning, it will provide a log file, which will be saved to your Desktop with the name CleanX-II.txt. Please post that log.

Since it has been a few days since you first posted, please download ComboScan and save it to your Desktop. Double-click on comboscan.exe and follow the prompts. Please note that some firewalls may warn that sigcheck.exe is trying to access the Internet -- please allow it. When it has finished, ComboScan will open Notepad with a log file -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) this logfile as your reply.

Additionally, a folder will open with two text files. Please attach the Supplementary.txt file with your reply. To attach a file to a new post, simply:Click the [Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
Copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\ComboScan\Supplementary.txt
Click Upload.

Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/laptop-wont-access-internet-139545.html
Relevancy 49.02%

hello guyz i realy need yo help, my nokia n78 is connected to internet so i can't connect it to my laptop mac os x so that i can access internet on a big screen, my nokia p suit is not supported by mac os x, pliz guyz any advice or help i'm desperate, thx

A:Need help to access internet on my laptop

Can we have you repost your question in clearer English? Take your time, and give us as much detail as you can

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-to-access-internet-on-my-laptop.134388/
Relevancy 49.02%

hi,

i recently got rid of the virus anti-virus removal using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware but now i got new problem which is when trying to go certain site i get dialog box saying
runtime error
- c\program files\internet explorer/iexplorer.exe
- r6025 -pure virtual function call,
then closing and when going to utube website it says restricted web site and that i got virus and should remove it using antivirus removal.

i did try changing security level did not allow it. I have admin right to change level, but doesn't work.

firstly did i remove the virus in the first place and whats happing now.

thanks.

A:laptop not allow me access to internet

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.Please subscribe to your topic so that you will be notified as soon as I post a reply, instead of you having to check the topic all of the time. This will allow you to get an email notification when I reply.To subscribe, go to your topic, and at the top right hand corner by your first post, click the Options button and then click Track this topic. The bullet the immediate notification bubble. Then press submit.It sounds like whatever type of virus that you tried to remove is still lurking around if Internet Explorer is saying that you should remove a virus via virus removal.Please update Malwarebytes and run a full scan again by:? Start MalwareBytes and click the Update tab. There click "Check for updates" ? In case you can't update the database via the update option, please download and install the database from here. Only do this when the update option doesn't work. ? Once the updates are downloaded, perform a full scan again. ? The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient. ? When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. ? Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. ? When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note) ? The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM. ? Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/242545/laptop-not-allow-me-access-to-internet/
Relevancy 48.59%

Yesterday evening my girlfriend had a problem with her laptop, whereby she was being told there were trojans on her laptop that needed fixing. When I got home from work I took a look and it was being caused by a program called "Internet Security Solutions", apparently masquerading as Windows Security Centre. After telling you about all the infections your computer apparently had, it offered a 'Remove All' button which took you to a webpage.

I recognised that the software was dodgy and I think i've managed to remove it, but now I can't access my Wireless connection through it. I know there is nothing wrong with the connection as it is working on my PC, however on the laptop the access is 'Local Only', and describes the network as 'Unidentified'.

I've tried all the solutions offered by Windows but, predictably, none of them work.

Thanks for the help in advance

A:Laptop got infected, now can't access the Internet

Can you use an earlier 'Restore point', to a few days before the problem?
Or can you get into 'Safe mode' and choose 'Use last known good configuration'?
Also, in Internet Explorer, 'Tools', 'Internet options','Connections', 'LAN settings', tick the box- 'Automatically detect settings'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-got-infected-now-cant-access-the-internet.161921/
Relevancy 48.59%

Recently the laptop showed troubles while connecting to the Internet. It was noted that even though the wifi is connected and internet access is shown, it can be only be used while laptop is not charging. While charging the network seems either slow or enterly down(but still shows internet access in the wifi region). Hope someone can give a solution. I have tried restoring the power plans to its default settings, Disabling and enabling the drivers,also checked for update from the device manager.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Cannot-access-Internet-while-laptop-is-charging/td-p/5699488
Relevancy 48.59%

I recently have been getting the following message when using Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection Detected

I have disabled the Microsoft Firewall with no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kelcol

A:Acer Laptop cannot access internet

Hi,

What operating system are you running? Your profile says XP but you posted in Vista/7 support.

What Antivirus program are you running? Any third party firewalls or just the MS one?

You may think this a strange question but do you have PeerGuardian or something similar installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-laptop-cannot-access-internet-682179.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Don t know what s up with this but my laptop Laptop no browser internet access has via web to can t seem to access websites via web browser It just shows quot loading quot forever then eventually times out Also Windows reports that it does have internet access and I can ping sites successfully DNS also appears to be working correctly Here s the very strange part It only happens on WiFi network my main one I have a separate router I use for testing experimenting and it works perfectly on it Here is what I ve tried -Changing wireless channel in router Laptop has no access to internet via web browser -Changing Wireless security type disable wireless security -Changed Wireless SSID to something different -Disabled Laptop has no access to internet via web browser all anti virus and firewall programs -Run ipconfig commands to flush dns and release renew IPs I ve also run commands to reset IP and WinSock -Manually set a static IP in the same subnet and configured different DNS servers my own Google Laptop has no access to internet via web browser and OpenDNS It s nothing wrong with the router as other devices are using it fine Below are logs from Minitoolbox and FSS MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Laptop administrator on - - at Microsoft Windows Home Premium X Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set quot Reset IE Proxy Settings quot IE Proxy Settings were reset Hosts content IP Configuration Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Wireless Network Connection Connected Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Local Area Connection Media disconnected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name Laptop -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List dhcp madnet us Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix dhcp madnet us Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address C- - - - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b d c f a c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday June AM Lease Expires Saturday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -F - - - E- - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - E- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap dhcp madnet us Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix dhcp madnet us Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B-F - B -BD -BD D B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e e e f fdfc Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e e f fdfc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Server dns-srv madnet us Address Name google com Addresses Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Server dns-srv madnet us Address Name yahoo com Addresses Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate... Read more

A:Laptop has no access to internet via web browser

First job is - Run sfc /scannow and then chkdsk /r from Elevated Command promptM/soft FIXITs for wuaueng.dll, Or else try This One, as both were listed -Another M/soft Fixit for repair of mpssvc.dllYour problems appear to all relate to these 4 .dll items -C:\Windows\System32\tcpip.sysC:\Windows\System32\dnsrslvr.dllC:\Windows\System32\mpssvc.dllC:\Windows\System32\wuaueng.dllIf sfc /scannow will not find or repair the 4 .dll items in the FSS scan, try some of these methods -To fix C:\Windows\system32\dnsapi.dll, firstly reboot into the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, then (where D:\ is the Windows install CD-ROM);expand D:\i386\dnsapi.dl_ C:\Windows\system32\dnsapi.dllexpand D:\i386\dnsrslvr.dl_ C:\Windows\system32\dnsrslvr.dllReboot and you should find that nslookup, ping, Internet Explorer etc is now functioning as expected.Note : Under normal Windows, the command is 'extract' to extract a CAB file (the .sy_ or .dl_ files). Under the Recovery Console, the command is 'expand'.Next -1. Update your Java version here: http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp It should be Version 7 Update 5 now -Note: UNCHECK any pre-checked toolbar and/or software offered with the Java update. The pre-checked toolbars/software are not part of the Java update.2. Now, we need to remove old Java version and its remnants...Download JavaRa to your desktop and unzip it.?Run JavaRa.exe (Vista/Win 7 users! Right click on JavaRa.exe, click Run As Administrator), pick the language of your choice and click Select.Then click Remove Older Versions.?Accept any prompts.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458167/laptop-has-no-access-to-internet-via-web-browser/
Relevancy 48.59%

My wife can't access the internet on her laptop, The computer is a Dell Inspiron 1750 with Windows 32 bit vista. I have the Internet plugged into the wire on the side of the computer, I am not using the wireless at the home.
The wire going to the computer works on another computer for the internet.
Can anyone give me some direction please.
Here is my ipconfig /all info.
Windows IP Configuration

A:Solved: help please - No Internet access on my laptop

can we see the ipconfig /all please

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-please-no-internet-access-on-my-laptop.1042655/
Relevancy 48.59%

while downloading some music on my laptop, my kids somehow got the malware defense virus. I came to this site to learn how to remove it. After it was removed, I got a "Windows Defender User Interface has stopped working" message. And now the "internt Explorer cannot display web page" message. I cannot activate or reinstall my norton 360. Have windows Vista home basic. Not too computer savvy so any help would be appreciated. Thank You.
Adding to this I also tried system restore to no avail. Diagnosing the problem came up with..."windows found a problem that cannot be repaired automatically".

A:toshiba laptop- can't access internet

Generally most Internet connectivity problems arise out of corrupt Winsock settings due to the installation of a networking software or Malware infestation. Try resetting the IP address:Go to > Run... and in the open box, type: cmdPress OK or Hit Enter. A dos Window will appear.At the command prompt type or copy/paste:: ipconfig /releaseHit Enter.When the prompt comes back, type: ipconfig /renewHit Enter.Close the command box and and see if that fixes the connection. No reboot needed.-- XP users can refer to XP ipconfig Tutorial: Step 4-- Vista users can refer to Vista ipconfig Tutorial: Step 4 and How to Enable Run Command in VistaIf that did not resolve the problem:Go to > Run... and in the open box, type: cmdPress OK or Hit Enter.At the command prompt, type or copy/paste: ipconfig /flushdnsHit Enter.You will get a confirmation that the flush was successful.Close the command box.If the above commands did not resolve the problem, the next thing to try is to reset your network settings and Configure TCP/IP to use DNS.Go to > Control Panel, and choose Network Connections.Right-click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection if you are using Dial-up, and and choose Properties.Double-click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) or highlight it and select Properties.Under the General tab, write down any settings in case you should need to change them back.Select the button that says "Obtain an IP address automatically" or make sure the DNS server IP address is the same as provided by your ISP.Select the button that says "Obtain DNS servers automatically". If unknown Preferred or Alternate DNS servers are listed, uncheck the box that says "Use the following DNS server address".Click OK twice to get out of the properties screen and restart your computer. If not prompted to reboot go ahead and reboot manually.-- Vista users can refer to How to Change TCP/IP settingsCAUTION: It's possible that your ISP (Internet Service Provider) requires specific DNS settings here. Make sure you know if you need these settings or not BEFORE you make any changes or you may lose your Internet connection. If you're sure you do not need a specific DNS address, then you may proceed.If that still does not help and your using Windows XP SP2 or SP3, log on as an administrator:Go to > Run... and in the open box, type: cmdPress OK or Hit Enter. A dos Window will appear. At the command prompt, type or copy/paste: netsh winsock resetHit Enter.When the program is finished, you will receive the message: "Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the machine in order to complete the reset."Close the command box and reboot your computer.Note: The netsh winsock reset command resets the Winsock catalog to the default configuration (clean state) and removes all LSPs (Layered Service Providers) previously installed. It is useful if a malformed LSP is installed that results in loss of network packets transmission failure leading to loss of network connectivity. Any previously-installed LSPs will need to be re-installed. Instead of using the netsh winsock command, another option for resetting TCP/IP in XP or Vista, is to use automatic Microsoft Fix it. Click the Fix this problem link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in this wizard. You can save the automatic fix to a USB flash drive or CD, transfer it to the affected computer and then run it. Finally, if you continue to have connectivity problems, XP users can download a fix from another computer, save to a usb drive and transfer to the infected computer so it can be used.XP TCP/IP Repair WinSock XP Fix
Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided in the Winsock Repair TutorialLSPFix
Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided in the Using LSP-Fix Tutorial Vista users can refer to:Resetting Winsock with netsh winsock resetHow to Reinstall and Reset Inte... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/287703/toshiba-laptop-cant-access-internet/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a HP laptop windows 8.1 w/WiFi that I bought last year and It has been working just fine until today. I was looking at my email and decided to go to another web site and kept getting "server not found" or "problem loading page". I tried other sites and got the same message using Mozilla Firefox, then I tried with Internet Explorer, same thing! Did a restart and still the same. HP did a network check and tells me to "reset my broadband modem and router" Duh!
I'm using U-Verse and also have my desk top PC w/win.XP hooked to it, which I'm now using, turned it on and no problem! It must be something in the laptop! Help
I have to leave for a while but will be back in a few hours.
Barb

Relevancy 48.59%

When I try to.logon to the internet I get redirected to a page threatening me with being arrested for viewing banned material on the web and I am instructed to pay $300 to get my computer unblocked or be prosecuted by the FBI. This is all nonsense and I think my computer has been hacked or I've downloaded a virus. I cannot logon to safe mode and the computer goes straight to this webpage which displays the web provider. My ip address, it even took a picture of me using my webcam. Can you pleasr help me.

A:laptop blocked from internet access

Hy
my name is Daniel and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems.

Before we move on, please read the following points carefully. First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.
Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.
If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.
Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.
Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.
If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.
Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.
My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.
Please answer the following questions first.
Which kind of Operation System are you using ?
Are you able to use the computer when you are disconnected from the internet ?
Do you have an USB drive handy ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/laptop-blocked-from-internet-access-689247.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Since December my computer has been unable to connect to the internet I know the connection is fine because my roommate can get on the internet from his laptop I ve tried all the basic things but to no avail I m to the point 7 Windows on HP Access Laptop Internet No now where restarting my computer back to factory settings is the only thing I can think of to do And I m not even sure that will No Internet Access on Windows 7 HP Laptop work If anyone has any ingenious ideas on how to fix my problem I welcome them all Like I said it was working fine a few weeks ago and then nothing I ve even tried connecting directly into the modem with the same quot connected but no internet access quot effect I ve reset the router unplugged everything and replugged it in done the whole quot netsh quot stuff in the command prompt and restarted the comp I get the five internet bars in the bottom right corner of the screen with a yellow triangle and a in the middle every time I connect to my network HELP nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

My laptop can connect to my DSL modem/router via ethernet cable or wireless, but none of my web browsers (IE and firefox) can access any websites regardless of the type of connection. The same router also serves a desktop computer and that PC can access the Internet perfectly fine. Yesterday, I brought my laptop to a friend's place hoping he could help me, and when my laptop was connected to his router via ethernet cable and by wireless, the laptop was able to access websites via both types of connections. This loss of Internet access started last Friday evening. I do not remember changing any settings for any devices. What could be the problem?

Relevancy 48.59%

I have access the Solved: internet laptop on cannot a pc that is hard wired to a linksys dsl router then to a linksys wireless Solved: cannot access the internet on laptop access point I then have a laptop with with a netgear card in it when I try to access the internet it don t work I work with verizon dsl then linksys They had me change alot of settings around including moving cable on the access point to terminal I also put in a key code before they had me do all that I had the icon on the bottom telling me there was good signal strength now it says no connection They left it at call netgear there might a conflict with xp only use the drivers not the software Use xp software I m coming in on this rd hand are there any step by step checks I can take to set this up or can anyone help me out because I think they are leading me in the wrong direction And I didn t mention the hardwired gets the Internet fine thank you for any help nbsp

A:Solved: cannot access the internet on laptop

Quite an unusual network configuration. Could you share with us why you have the Access Point connected to the PC? Seems like it would be somewhat simpler to have the Access Point connected to the router; would at least eliminate the need for ICS.

Probably a minor point but I firmly disagree with the advice to use Windows' WZC instead of Netgear's utility. I use Netgear's utility with a USB wireless adaptor and with a PCMCIA card. My advice in that area is to get the latest Netgear driver and utility and stick with it.

To start sorting this out, please give us the IP addresses of the router, the PC's connection to router, the PC's connection to Access Point, the Access Point and the laptop. And indicate any that are static.

Oh, and until you get the network to your satisfaction, turn off encryption, disable Windows XP firewall, and uninstall any 3rd party firewalls.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-access-the-internet-on-laptop.377283/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi

If anyone can assist me with this problem it would be most appreciated.

Up until last week I had no problem in accessing the Internet on either my home PC or laptop but for some reason I can no longer do so from the laptop.

Both computers run Windows XP Home Edition SP3 and the main PC is connected to a Belkin router. I used to access the Internet on the laptop wirelessly without problem.

When I boot up the laptop I can connect to the home network but not to the Internet. If I connect the laptop directly to the router I can then access the Internet.

When I run the Manual Diagnostics Tool in Intel Pro Set Wireless Help it passes all tests except the Ping Test which indicates "No response:default gateway" but I don't understand what this means.

If anyone has any ideas I would gladly try them?

Brian.

Relevancy 48.59%

I am trying to get internet access from my laptop using a Netcomm NP543 wireless card adaptor. I'm sure it is communicating with the modem router (a Netcomm NB5Plus4W) because I've tried pinging and all is fine, in fact, I can even send Windows Instant Messages between the laptop and my desktop so there is definitely a connection.

The problem is that when I open Internet Explorer I get the following message:

"Forbidden You were denied access because: Access denied by access control list"

The top of the page has "403 Forbidden". Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to solve this?

Thanks - appreciate it.
Poddy

A:Internet Access using Wireless Laptop

you may have a port blocked on router
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316699

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-access-using-wireless-laptop.486156/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have recently purchased an HP Dv series Laptop via Access Laptop New No Wireless Internet and a Sony Vaio laptop THe same issue is on both so I presume that they both require teh same solution At home I have an Intellinet MIMO Turbo G Router which is connected to my computer also Windows bit via a lan cable The Router is secured via a WPA preshared key you need to add the mac address for people to access the internet I want to connect the laptop via wireless internet and I have done so successfuly on XP and Vista before on other laptops This new laptop has Windows bit I put in the mac address and the key and it connects to the Network It says that it is connected but when I go to Wireless Network Connection Status it says that IPv Connectivity No Internet Access IPv connectivity No Internet Access Media State Enabled SSID default On the bottom right hand corner the wireless icon has a yellow triangle over it When I try to troubleshoot it doesnt find anything What can I do to solve this

A:New Laptop No Internet Access via Wireless

typically when that happens it means authentication failed the router will allow you to connect to it but it won't give you network access.

Is the MAC address definitely right in the routers whitelist?
Did you definitely type the WPA key correctly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/90775-new-laptop-no-internet-access-via-wireless.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello---- I am NOT a computer guru We just bought a new HP Pavilion Model dv us We have a Netgear router--Model WGT Our old desktop is a refurbished PC with Microsoft ME software We upgraded to QWEST DSL last October--- The Pavilion has Vista software on it QWEST has supplied a GT modem I have never been able to connect to the internet with the new notebook the access to internet with a new Network & laptop If I plug the RJ cord into the laptop I can get to the internet however it is NOT with my ISP provider Why is this Do they need to send an activation disk for the laptop with Vista software If I try to go online I get the following message quot Error Remote server not responding The service name field may have an invalid value Contact your ISP Update in connections properties Our son was home with a notebook purchased the netgear router and got his computer set up and working Is each router dedicated to the original user I have tried taliking to HP help desk I called netgear----we re too old to be given tech support Qwest says to call HP I would appreciate any assistance you can give Thanks Greg nbsp

A:Network & access to the internet with a new laptop

"If I plug the RJ59 cord into the laptop ..."

Coax cable??? Is that for TV?

What, if anything, is now accessing the internet? Modem connected to desktop? Or modem to router to desktop?

Is the GT701 just a modem, or a modem/router combo?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-access-to-the-internet-with-a-new-laptop.560055/
Relevancy 48.16%

I need your help I can t seem to connect to the internet with my USB dongle modem on my new laptop usb problem problem Internet access modem via My service provider says that the problem is not a problem with coverage The device is Internet access problem via usb modem problem working properly according to Windows and I can also access the internet on another older laptop that has Windows XP The service provider reckons it is likely to be related to one of four Internet access problem via usb modem problem possibilities Anti-viral software I managed to access the internet once to register my subscription and to download some windows updates or Services on the laptop not being enabled telephony RPC and plug and play The laptop provider recommended that these settings be changed from manual to automatic which I ve done This allowed me to access the internet again but only once allowing to me to download more windows updates I guess this looks like it could be the anti-viral software yes Should I uninstall my anti-viral software or are there other settings in Windows that I change change reconfigure I am not a tech person at all I ve been bounced between my service provider and my laptop manufacturer for a couple of weeks now to try to sort this problem but still no luck So any pointers would be really appreciated Thanks

A:Internet access problem via usb modem problem

Quote: Originally Posted by Piaras

I need your help. I can?t seem to connect to the internet with my USB ?dongle? modem on my new laptop. My service provider says that the problem is not a problem with coverage. The device is working properly, according to Windows 7 and I can also access the internet on another older laptop that has Windows XP. The service provider reckons it is likely to be related to one of four possibilities:
? (1) Anti-viral software (I managed to access the internet once to register my subscription and to download some windows updates)
or
? Services on the laptop not being enabled: (2) telephony, (3) RPC and (4) plug and play. The laptop provider recommended that these settings be changed from manual to automatic, which I?ve done. This allowed me to access the internet again, but only once, allowing to me to download more windows updates.
I guess this looks like it could be the anti-viral software, yes? Should I uninstall my anti-viral software or are there other settings in Windows 7 that I change change/reconfigure? I am not a tech person at all. I?ve been bounced between my service provider and my laptop manufacturer for a couple of weeks now to try to sort this problem, but still no luck. So, any pointers would be really appreciated.
Thanks

Piaras hi and welcome

first, go into device manager (type device manger in search). Go to the network tab and look for your USB dongle. Is it listed? does it have a yellow triangle over it? Are there any other "unknown devices" listed in device manager?

Second, do you have a win 7 dvd from which to do a repair install?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/99913-internet-access-problem-via-usb-modem-problem.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi
I know there are many similar questions on this forum but I've read through them and I still can't figure it out!

My laptop computer (Dell Studio running Windows 7) is able to connect to the network in my home and will have internet for a minute or two right after it connects but then the computer seems to realize something is wrong and the internet stops working.

When I run an ipconfig /all, it doesn't show any information about my IP address or DNS server or anything. It doesn't even mention a wireless connection; it's just a bunch of different "Tunnel Adapter Local Area Connection"

Help please!

A:Laptop can connect to network but no internet access

After it fails, do these tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-can-connect-to-network-but-no-internet-access.881267/
Relevancy 48.16%

My computer is a HP Pavilion Notebook with built-in wireless All of a sudden I Internet from access my Unable laptop to Wireless am unable to access the Internet from this laptop A message keeps popping up from McAfee saying quot a bat is infected by zapchast reg and was cleaned Unable to access Internet from my Wireless laptop quot This virus trojan does not show up when I do a scan yet it keeps popping up After resetting the TCP with quot netsh int ip reset c resetlog txt quot I was able to go online for a while then I start getting quot Page cannot be displayed quot again Even after rebooting and unplugging then replugging modem and router Here is my HiJackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at AM Unable to access Internet from my Wireless laptop on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system AVupdate exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPage Opware exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPage OpAgent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system gearsec exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe c Recyclers svchost exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system mqsvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxMediaDB exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA HPQ Shared HPQTOA EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Documents and Settings Heart Of Agape My Documents Hearts Of Agape Computer Related Troubleshooting HiJackThis HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https login yahoo com config logi ydEpidXV dSF ZEqOZHh fH iU YmNYcnM amp src ym R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Need Find Bar BHO - D C E -A A- b-BCDB- B EF D - C Program Files Need Find bar bin ND FNBAR DLL O - BHO RXResultTracker Class - FA - - c-A CC- EC DE CA - C Program Files RXToolBar sfcont dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E -... Read more

Relevancy 48.16%

This morning i tried to use other devices (another laptop, a cell phone and an ipad) that were working fine before, but now they don't have internet access. The devices can connect to the router, but internet shows "No internet". I was checking if their were getting the info like ip, dns..etc and they had it so have no clue what's going on. The only 2 things that do not have problems is my laptop and a WDTV Media Player.

A:Laptop access internet via wifi but not other devices

Tried restarting the router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371344-laptop-access-internet-via-wifi-but-not-other-devices.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Dear Friends,

I am encountering strange issue while connecting my laptop to my home wifi router. I have 4 devices connected to router and working perfectly, but my Dell laptop suddenly stopped connecting to internet. It seems to be connected to router, but says No Internet Access. This is new issue, since it was working fine along with other 4 devices in the past.

Tried doing some basic steps, like - Removing the devices from Network Center and adding again, Reset the Router, ipconfig /renew ipconfig /release..but nothing works.

The funny thing is when I do a USB/Wifi Hotspot Tethering using same wifi with my Android phone, the Dell laptop connects to internet.

So, Its clear that Wifi Router is Good, Internet is Good, Laptop Network Card is also good, but something else is wrong. Please help.

OS - Windows 10(The same issue was there in Windows 7 HP before installing Windows 10)
D Link Wifi Router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-through-wifi-router-in-laptop.1163383/