Windows Support Forum

No Network Connections/ Internet Win7

Q: No Network Connections/ Internet Win7

I bought Win7 Home Premium a while back and installed it onto my second hdd- other still has XP. I still have internet capability on XP, but not on 7 (nothing shows up on the network info). The weird thing is that when i tried the Win7 RC, everything was fine. I've tried all the usual solutions; device manager disable/enable, all-sorts of drivers for BOTH network cards (bought a new one).
Any ideas?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No Network Connections/ Internet Win7

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: No Network Connections/ Internet Win7

Open a command prompt and type the following without the quotes and paste the results back here, "ipconfig /all".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-network-connections-internet-win7-485568.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have been having a conflict with Win and nVidia gt Latest firmware Problem possibly worsened by just-installed Synology DS NAS Win boots then black screen right after weird colors on Win Welcome screen Computer seems to be running ok but no display Turn off power supply and reboot In going back and forth removing nVidia display drivers I have somehow lost network connectivity with Win in regular or Safe mode with networking Can't reach internet or even my home connections Win7. and network No boot Win Dual XP 7?? network I still have network connectivity with WinXP I am using that boot on the same machine right now so this must not be a hardware issue I am guessing software maybe lost or corrupted drivers There seems to be some connection with the nVidia and nForce Network drivers I did re-install nVidia drivers hoping to get back network connectivity but when I Dual boot XP and Win7. No network connections Win 7?? went into regular Win got black screen again Works ok in Safe mode but no network there now either Other computers on my home network are connecting to network and internet Anyhow I am at a loss to fix this and welcome any suggestions

A:Dual boot XP and Win7. No network connections Win 7??

Unlike previous Windows, the troubleshooters in Win7 actually work. Try rightclicking on connection in SysTray and running Troubleshooter.

If this fails, reinstall wireless Network Adapter by uninstalling and restarting.

Have you checked optional Windows Updates for newer drivers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/83563-dual-boot-xp-win7-no-network-connections-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

As requested here are the answers to the basic Network Config questions My issue is with wired networking gigabit ethernet ISP Comcast Cable broadband Internet Modem Motorola Surfboard Router TP-Link Archer C Dual-band Gigabit amp wireless Router Belkin N Dual-band amp wireless Firewall amp Antivirus disabled for this process The rest are configured correctly Here's the issue I need help with I have a few machines that have dual NICs My intention is to use the second NIC on each to Internet & for normal Win7 under connections? VPN Using Dual NICS connect to a second router that's connected to my cable modem such that I can use one NIC for ordinary Internet browsing etc and the second NIC for use with a software VPN service requiring configuring one of my browsers either Opera or a portable Firefox installation to use the proxy at all times Since both NICs and both routers need to connect to the same cable modem I have the modem connected to a switch to distribute the single modem signal to both routers Q Is this correct or is it a mistake Naturally I have setup the two Using Dual NICS under Win7 for normal & VPN Internet connections? routers to use two different subnets and gateways and IP address ranges The ordinary-use Using Dual NICS under Win7 for normal & VPN Internet connections? one I've set the gateway IP to with the IP range starting from and the second router's gateway I've set to with the IP range beginning at Note that I usually disable DHCP and use static MAC lt - gt IP address binding since I essentially never need to allow for new networked devices with unknown MAC and or IP addresses However I've tried enabling it and allowing automatic IP address assignments as part of my troubleshooting process but it didn't help Here's the problem With BOTH NICs enabled under -bit Windows Pro SP neither one can connect to the Internet But Using Dual NICS under Win7 for normal & VPN Internet connections? if I disabled either one the other connects perfectly Q Why What am I doing wrong Now I've read some tips from others about how unlike XP Windows doesn't really enjoy trying to deal with two NICS and subnets etc and that it's possible one has to configure some routing tables or something of that sort But I don't know if I have to do that within Windows or if I can do it in the appropriate router Either way I'm willing to try but I need guidance so that's Q please I've also read that it's helpful under Windows to connect the two routers together to avoid the need to alter routing details but isn't what I've already done -- connecting the modem via switch to both routers -- good enough That's my Q Can some expert out there help me out please

A:Using Dual NICS under Win7 for normal & VPN Internet connections?

So I'm going to ask you a question. Why? Why do you want to setup such a complicated network, that will not even work? You can do multiple things with one connection, normal browsing and VPN though one connection. Using two connections for two different purposes will not bring any extra benefits and as you have found out, does not work.

Now as for why you cannot connect to the internet with both active, Windows just doesn't know which network it should try and use, they are two district networks but both have internet access....which do I use?! *Amendment: You might get it to work if the second NIC does not have a gateway set. Just IP and subnet.

The point of having two NICs is for fallover, load balancing, or multiple networks (without internet access on one of them). Not...for whatever it is you dreamed up.

The only real way you are going to get this to work is if the VPN router does not advertise there is internet on the other end. However, I cannot really tell you how to make this work, even tho networking is one of my things, I would never in a millions make something as complicated as this. I live by the policy: KISS, for this kind of stuff.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363887-using-dual-nics-under-win7-normal-vpn-internet-connections.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I've been asked to look at a friend's laptop that has lost internet capability It sees wireless networks but is unable to connect Troubleshooter reports an unknown problem I have just tried a wired connection which also fails to connect I cannot see anything missing or wrong Restoring to a point before this problem did not fix it I've tried ipconfig all with the results below Any suggestions on where to look what to do next TIA Terry Quote Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users g and r's gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name gandrs-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Win7 has internet connections [SOLVED] Laptop lost Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address E - -DF- -C -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address E - -DF- F- [SOLVED] Win7 Laptop has lost internet connections -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom n Network Adapter Physical Address E - -DF- -C -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E Family PCI-E Fast E thernet Controller Physical Address - - -AA-FF-CD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -A -D - - -FF-FF-B - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C DF- - - E -AA E F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D A-C - E C- D - D EAF BD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E F DE-A E - C- CBB- EF C E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd c f fffb Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe c f fffb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap F A EA-FAF - F -B F-B A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users g and r's gt

A:[SOLVED] Win7 Laptop has lost internet connections

Hi,

You seem to have chosen a Static IP address. The lease of this IP address has probably been renewed and that adress is no longer available.

Go to:
Start > Control Panel.
Network and sharing center > Left column: Manage network adapters.
Rightclick your network adapter > Properties.
Double-click TCP IP v 4 > Set "Automatically receive IP Adress" on both options. Reconnect/reboot.

Check that the above is the same on all network adapters.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-win7-laptop-has-lost-internet-connections-588888.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I am connected to the internet, but there is a red x on my network icon (yet when you hover over it, it says internet access.) I tried to go into the network and sharing > change adapter settings, yet the Network connections folder is COMPLETELY blank.

I tried reinstalling the driver. Initially, I get a message that says "the parameter is incorrect" Although, I tried to do it a second time, it said that the driver is up to date.

I dunno what else to do. I'd like to have access to my LAN connection. I'm running Win 7 Ultimate x64.

A:Network Connections Blank - Red X on Network Icon- but Internet works

Well, after 3 hours of trying to find a solution, I immediately found it after creating this thread. Sorry!!!

Anyway, the solution was to open the registry editor, go to: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network" and delete the “Config” value. I restarted my computer, and all was well.

Still wondering: why did this happen in the first place?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/224729-network-connections-blank-red-x-network-icon-but-internet-works.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello brothers,
i run a cyber cafe,i want to install cafe software,have 32 systems with two modems and two diffrent isp,
how can i coneect two modems ( 2 isp ) to one network?
i want to install antamedia software ( cafe managment )

im using Thomson speedtouch ADSL modem 585v8

please please help me

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-internet-connections-on-1-network.995390/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi guys,
Our network is currently using a Direcway 2-way satellite shared among the network using a proxy server. Is it possible to add a second satellite (WildBlue) to the same network and use both connections?

Is it possible to use half the systems with Direcway under the proxy server and the other half using Wild Blue to spread out the usage?

Thanks.

A:2 different internet connections on network?

I have no experience with satelite connections... in theory this would work, at least I can't see why it wouldn't. Would be interested to see if anyone has any solutions/advice

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-different-internet-connections-on-network.30918/
Relevancy 61.06%

situation is, i have 30 pcs hooked up under one network. all 30 sharing 1 internet connection. 10 of those are put in a separate room for certain reasons. but those 10 like to download and cause lag to the other 20 pcs. my plan is to keep the 30 pcs under 1 network but ill add another internet connection exclusively for the 10pcs. and the original internet connection exclusively for the 20 pcs. how can i do that?
reason why i need all 30 in the same network is cause they all use softwares needed to be connected to each other locally.

A:2 internet connections under 1 network

One way is to put the ten on two networks (two adapters, of course). The "normal" connection will be their internet access and the connection to the existing network uses a static IP configuration with the Default Gateway and DNS servers blank.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-internet-connections-under-1-network.1088967/
Relevancy 60.63%

hello as of 6 am yesterday mornin i coudnt get a intenret connection. all the connections look fine, and say they are connected. but i cant get on the internet or anything else such as msn ect.. theres 2 computers hooked up with a dlink router. wired connection. no wireless

any ideas and why the net would stop workin on these machines if all lookes fine.

tried restarting the modem and routers fora bit then restart. but nothing

thx

A:all network connections look good but no internet

i assume nothing has changed on your system?
you have made no network changes etc?

if this is the case do you run Zonealarm firewall on your machines? recent updates caused zonealarm firewall to block internet access. If this is the case please change your firewall settings to medium instead of high and your internet access should return.

This could also be a router problem.. as long as you have a note of all your settings, might be an idea to reset your router and setup again in order to kick in your internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-network-connections-look-good-but-no-internet.734632/
Relevancy 60.63%

I was wondering how do I get the Internet Gateway to show up in my Network Connections folder..?
I used to have it, but I think my brother deleted it, and I'd like to be able to change some settings on it. I used it to change which ports should be listened to, for some file sharing programs.
I still have internet access, I'd just like to be able to change some TCP and UDP settings.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.

A:Internet Gateway: Network Connections

No one knows how to add the Internet Gateway?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-gateway-network-connections.390456/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am looking to get some help with hooking up an additional router to a network Here is how it is configured and my questions Internet connection come from an ethernet port in the wall Cat then goes to the switch and then to various computers Desktop has Two Separate On Connections Internet Same Use Network a IP of sub default gateway DNS I want to be able to attach a cat cable to the LAN port of a Linksys WRT G going from the switch What is the settings I need to select in the Linksys router for this to work DHCP - Off Use Two Separate Internet Connections On Same Network I guess the LAN IP of the router must fall in the range of the Main DHCP pool Could I select anything in the s as long as another computer did not have the same IP The starting IP of the linksys router stays in and doesn t looked like it can be changed Does any Laptop that connects wirelessly to the linksys router need a static IP or can it obtain an IP address through automatic configuration DHCP Hopefully I have made sense Use Two Separate Internet Connections On Same Network describing the set up Appreciate any help nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I recently installed a fresh copy of Windows XP on my system. My internet seems to working on and off (i've installed all device specific drivers). Under Start -> Settings -> Network Connections there is something called as Internet Connection which always shows Disabled even if I try and enable it repeatedly. Now the internet seems to be working fine on the other computers on the same wifi network except this one. Can any one help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-under-network-connections.811587/
Relevancy 60.63%

I can't seem to connect to the Internet through my computer. My wifi works great but my desktop computer won't detect any signal from my modem. The modem works good but my Internet on my computer doesn't. When I click it says it doesn't have signal so I tried to fix it from ControlPanel> Network Connections but it has nothing in it. Network Connections folder is blanc with no icons whatsoever. I need help usually I would of fixed it by now but I can't seem to even set up a new connection now it's really irritating. My computer is a Windows XP.

Relevancy 60.63%

Running Windows XP SP2 with a Microsoft Wireless Base Station Router MN700. Since connecting two laptops (Vista Home Premium) to a network through this desktop, the internet fails at least 2-3 times per day causing me to have to reset base station to default (either by power off/on or reset switch in back). Then I have to reset router network and security settings so laptops will be secure and can access printer.

Often, while on the desktop, no connection messages pop up and give me option to work offline. However, I'm still online and things are working fine when those messages pop up.

At one point when I lost the Internet, I ran the "connect setting" window from IE; it couldn't find any connectivity and said I should contact my IP. Yet all green lights are on on both the dsl box and the router. What gives?

Relevancy 59.77%

Is there a way to permanently configure the routing metric so Xp will stop trying to use one of my network connections without internet to access the internet Seriously when I have two connections with internet you'd think it would figure out it needs to use one of those Or maybe force Xp to only route internet through the wireless This is more just exceedingly annoying than a huge crisis In Xp it will attempt to get internet through the last highest speed network connection you plugged in I have connections wireless with internet wired Mb with internet and wired Mb with no internet All have near static IP multiple connections problem internet network change once or twice a year and the non-internet connection has true static IP I define myself connects to special hardware at work You may have guessed whenever multiple network connections internet problem I plug in the special hardware Xp switches to try to get internet from it and I have to repair my wired connection with internet to make it the last plugged in If I am only using wireless and the special hardware then I have to unplug the the thing to use the wireless internet because the wired is faster and Xp defaults to using it This is especially frustrating multiple network connections internet problem as I need to download OEM spec sheets and the custom hardware must be restarted a lot thus forcing me to repair a wired connection all the time and worked on in places with no wired internet connection forcing me to disconnect the custom hardware often making me wait for lengthy data transfers before I can get online

A:multiple network connections internet problem

I might have answered my own question. If you go to a network connection's properties then properties for TCP/IP. Hit advanced and at the bottom there is a check box for allow Tcp/Ip to determine metric. Uncheck that and set it to one for the networks with internet. This forced me to always get internet from wireless if it is on, but at least I can transfer to my custom hardware AND check email when on wireless.

If anyone knows a way to change the routing metric for a network card when routing to 255.255.255.255 (unknown network aka internet) that would be great to know as really I only need to set the custom hardware connection metric from 1 to 2 for that and all problems would be solved. (the checkbox thing above does not change this value for some reason).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/multiple-network-connections-internet-problem-155956.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I ve been trying to get a second computer s internet connection back up after mysteriously failing The quot MY no NETWORK - STILL GAAAH!!! IS internet ??? EMPTY!!! - CONNECTIONS main quot computer is behind a Belkin router set up for wireless and wired Ethernet connections I suppose I could get an Ethernet connection working but I don t have the drivers and I don t think there are any working drivers for my GVC F- i R network card Regardless of that I m trying to get a wireless connection working I don t remember the secondary computer ever being able to use an ethernet connection through the Windows partition The GAAAH!!! MY NETWORK CONNECTIONS IS STILL EMPTY!!! - no internet - ??? Ethernet GAAAH!!! MY NETWORK CONNECTIONS IS STILL EMPTY!!! - no internet - ??? does work fine and is what is used in the Linux partition This secondary computer is a dual-boot of Debian Lenny formally Etch and Windows XP Home Edition The Home Edition previously had a working wireless connection until something screwed it up After literally three weeks of Googling I did all that I could but failed I m brought here The wireless drivers are working perfectly The Device Manager shows g USB Wireless LAN Card as up and running The Local Area Connection is empty The new connection wizard didn t help ipconfig all Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name home- gj Primary Dns Suffix Node Type broadcast IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled Yes Ethernet Adapter F Media state Media disconnected Description g USB Wireless LAN Card - Packet Scheduler Miniport Physical Address - -F - D- Reinstalling windows and the drivers brought no avail either On the contrary the Linux partition running on a separate hard drive runs both wired and wireless without a nudge As a summary My goal is to get a working internet preferable with wireless and I assume this can be achieved by Adding a Icons in the Local Area Connection and specifying the IP addresses from there Windows hasn t yet shown the ability to use an Ethernet connection Windows was running a smooth wireless connection until almost a month ago The wireless drivers are installed fine Linux running on a separate hard-drive runs both wireless and wired perfectly what a surprise eh I m willing to continually posting and working until I find a solution Please help Please please help nbsp

A:GAAAH!!! MY NETWORK CONNECTIONS IS STILL EMPTY!!! - no internet - ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaaah-my-network-connections-is-still-empty-no-internet.632081/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I m hoping someone can help internet connect Connections up cannot to - the LAN not Network showing in me out I m desperate Two days ago I booted my laptop and LAN not showing up in Network Connections - cannot connect to the internet found that I m not able to connect to the internet via LAN It didn t detect a connection even though my cable was plugged in It was able to detect the wifi networks from my neighbors but that s not an option i need the LAN I changed absolutely nothing nno updates downloads It just came out of nowhere I already eliminated a cable problem the laptop from my roommate was able to connect without a problem When I plug the cable in mine the lights on the port flicker making me believe that it s not a problem with my port either it s definitely a computer problem but I m not sure if it s my computer or my network adapter that s being a PITA When I go to the Device Manager the network adapter broadcom g is fine no red x or yellow exclamation point i have already tried turning it on and off and uninstalling and then rebooting no avail When I go to Network Connections however under the heading LAN or fast connections there is only the wireless connection no LAN connection or anything else I ve tried everything I could think of to get it back to work but nothing helps nbsp

A:LAN not showing up in Network Connections - cannot connect to the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-not-showing-up-in-network-connections-cannot-connect-to-the-internet.1078180/
Relevancy 59.77%

Just got hold of the new 2.0 Homehub, and it's decided that it will connect me to the internet but not put me in a local network.

What I mean by that is, I normally play games with my brothers on LAN but games I make, they can't see, and games they make I cannot see.
Any ideas? I've tried getting us all in a workgroup but it's just hassle.

Thanks,

Xanny

Relevancy 59.77%

As the title says, it says the internet gateway is disabled. All applications work.

A:Network connections, Internet Gateway=Disabled

If your on a single PC connected to a router or Cablemodem there should not even be an Internet gateway icon.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connections-internet-gateway-disabled.482707/
Relevancy 59.77%

hey guys
i have a sony vaio laptop and the internet icon next to the clock is gone and when i go to the network connection folder, there is nothing there. when i try to refresh it says "The network connection folder was unable to retrieve the list of network adapters on your machine. please make sure that the network connections service is enabled and running." the internet works because im on a different comp in my house. the wireless switch is "ON" on my laptop but still nothing. plz help

Relevancy 59.77%

The internet and network has been timing Network internet Solved: time out. and connections out and this has been happening for a while now I have a cable internet from buckeye cable systems with an Arris CM A Router this is connected to my dell xps with windows vista home premium via Ethernet I ve been having connectivity Solved: Network and internet connections time out. problems for quite some time like I said whenever I try to upload or download anything my connection times out sometimes even a Solved: Network and internet connections time out. flash page will kill my internet Recently I bought an MSI GT laptop with Windows and connected a Cisco Linksys E wireless router to the cable modem and I can t seem to fix the internet connection I have read a lot about Solved: Network and internet connections time out. why my internet could be so sporadic I ve tried power cycling I ve tried disconnecting my speakers with amplifiers I have attempted to upgrade the firmware for my ARRIS CM A but I m pretty sure it should be plug and play While I am on the laptop any stress on the connection will cause the connection to time out sometimes Ill get a message that states the Network Connection has timed out It doesn t always happen though some days I may be able to browse or do my homework without incident but if I try to do anything that would strain my connection I lose it I need help Here are the results of my ipconfig stats any advice or tips would be really cool and I d appreciate it Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users brandon gt cd c Windows system c Windows System gt ipconfig all The system cannot find the path specified c Windows System gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name brandon-msi Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - E- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - E- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link BGN Physical Address - E- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address f f b de a ca Pref erred Temporary IPv Address f f ccf c fa db a b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe b de a ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday February PM Lease Expires Saturday February PM Default Gateway fe d a da d a fe c c c ff fe a bdf DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - -F - - - -B - B- E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - -B - B- E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e cd b f c Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe cd b f c Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled c Windows System gt nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I am having a weird problem and I suspect it might be slow internet speed/blocked network connections a virus or something nasty at least Since a week or so I have a really slow internet connection it's easily noticeable not just a bit slower Kind of irritatingly slow And - mins after I turn my slow internet speed/blocked network connections PC on the internet connection simply quot dies quot I cannot ping anything even my own ISP I cannot open browse any website or whatsoever My network connections local area connection pppoe quot seem quot to work I mean I don't get any notification that it's disabled or whatsoever But when I try to disconnect any of them nothing happens As if I haven't clicked quot disconnect quot at all I asked a friend that knows more than me and he said that it is probably a virus I already called my ISP to check if there is something wrong and they said there shouldn't be any problem with the connection Also i don't know if it's related but I think I have a virus on flash memory I'm using quite often - when I open the flash device directory it opens in a new window instead of opening itself in the same the same guy said it's a virus and ran some commands in the command prompt and then he tried to delete some weird file from the flash device I then performed a format on the flash device and it seems to be find now Another thing is was blocking me from enabling quot show hidden files quot I read about a registry tweak in google to simply enable it A bit too much info I guess but I thought you would want all the information I can give you about my problem Well that's it if you need any additional info I will gladly provide it as quickly as possible DDS scan attached ZIP below as requested I'm using winrar but made a ZIP please tell me if I have to change anything and I will do so Thank you for your efforts in advance DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV AVG Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVG AVG IdentityProtection agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files AVG AVG IdentityProtection agent bin AVGIDSUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Program Files AVG AVG IdentityProtection agent bin AVGIDSMonitor exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgfws exe C Program Files AVG AVG IdentityProtection agent Bin AVGIDSWatcher exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgam exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll EB amp Discuss bdeade f-c - d -bced- a c ab f - shdocvw dl... Read more

Relevancy 59.34%

Everytime I restart my computer this happens I don t know why and it s REALLY annoying Internet works perfectly while I keep my computer on never cuts out or anything but if I have to restart my computer for anything then it cuts off my internet and I have to go into the properties for the only network connection I have which is an NVIDIA nForce gigabit adapter mobo built-in click update driver tell it to look on my computer and install one from the list Connections issues, Network to connect reboot can't on internet of drivers on my computer There are NVIDIA drivers Network Connections issues, can't connect to internet on reboot and a MS one I ve been through them all and all of them have the same problem I don t think it s a driver issue either I think it s just that the driver doesn t load when I turn the computer back on Every driver works perfectly though It s getting really REALLY annoying can someone please help me figure it out And yes I ve tried installing the latest driver from Windows Update but not NVIDIA themselves yet nbsp

A:Network Connections issues, can't connect to internet on reboot

What brand of network router do you have, or what is your connection? Who is your provider?
Do you have the install software on disk? Who installed this system? You, or did you hire someone to do it for you.
Please tell us about your computer, configuration, and software installed as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connections-issues-cant-connect-to-internet-on-reboot.129301/
Relevancy 59.34%

It seems either a virus or malware hit my machine and AVG and Malwarebytes both found something and quarantined Upon reboot I can't contact internet servers Rescanned with AVG MWB and found nothing but updates can't be easily done either I'm still connected to a local workgroup with two other machines and I can ping them and move files Windows thinks I'm connected to the internet local network Connections Internet fine fail, reporting no problems when troubleshooting I checked the hosts file and there was an uncommented line at the end which I erased I checked internet options in IE and other browsers and no proxies are set This is the point where I'm running out of ideas so I've printed out all my product keys backed up my documents and have made a windows install DVD in preparations for worst case scenario I would be grateful if someone could recommend a last course of action Internet Connections fail, local network fine to try to Internet Connections fail, local network fine get the machine up and running online again

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592844/internet-connections-fail-local-network-fine/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all,

I'm back again and this time with more of a question than a problem (Thank goodness). When I turned on my laptop today I noticed there was a new icon in my Network Connections section. It's called Internet Gateway. I haven't downloaded anything (weird or otherwise), I'm still able to connect to the internet and nothing seems to be amiss. Is this harmful to my system or is it just one of the Windows/Microsoft quirks?

Thanks again and have a great day!!!

PS if this is in the wrong section Mods please show me the way.

A:Solved: Internet Gateway just appeared in Network Connections (Win XP)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-gateway-just-appeared-in-network-connections-win-xp.1037746/
Relevancy 59.34%

The other day we had to reset our wireless router, before that everything was working fine but now I can't get the internet to work at all, eventhrough the ethernet cable.

I don't know much about computers but i've had some guys who know more have a look at it. In normal mode there are no devices listed in the device list and no connections listed in network connections- both are completely blank. In safe mode however they all seem to be as they should be. In both modes the icon was saying the wireless network card didnt exist eventhough one or both of the lights have been on at some points. I have tried reinstalling the drivers etc for the wireless card but it hasnt changed it.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated, I have lots of work to do and tired everything i can. I have windows xp.

Thanks

Relevancy 58.48%

I've been having a problem with my internet connection recently. It suddenly decides to stop responding and I cannot get on the internet. In the notification bar at the bottom right, I can still see I have bars, but if I try to right click to view the properties, I can't get a popup box. If I try to go through any means of finding the network connections, be it from the start menu or the control panel, it hangs on the window. Finally, whenever this happens, I cannot shut down without having to hold the power button.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-drops-cant-right-click-network-connections-must-force-shutdown-help.715964/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey guys I m pretty good at troubleshooting computers when it comes to networks and internet but this has me stumped I m working on my father s HP Pavilion desktop I just reinstalled XP onto it and I made sure it has all the drivers Double checked the Device Manager to make sure all the drivers were updated The problem is that the LAN connection is showing Enabled Firewalled It will not show that the LAN is connected though It won t change even if it s disconnected from the computer I ve disabled the firewall and it still shows as Firewalled When I try to disable it a dialog box saying quot it is internet. Network showing Windows XP but Home no Enabled Connections not possble to disconnect at this time the connection is currently busy with a connect or disconnect operation quot When I try to repair the connection it says quot the following steps of the repair operation failed renewing the IP address refreshing all Windows XP Home Network Connections showing Enabled but no internet. DHCP leases and re-registering DNS names Please contact your network administrator Windows XP Home Network Connections showing Enabled but no internet. or ISP quot I ve done quot ipconfig quot in cmd and all the info comes up correct Did quot regsvr netshell dll quot quot regsvr netcfgx dll quot and quot regsvr netman dll quot They were all successful I have also tried manually disabling the connection using cmd prompt That also will not work Any suggestions on getting this to work guys Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-network-connections-showing-enabled-but-no-internet.962696/
Relevancy 58.48%

i recently had to replace my hdd and put windows xp on it after install i tried to get internet to work and i have nothing in my internet connections. my device manger has no network adapter drop menu and my motherboard driver will not install and give the error message thr nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware setup will now exit. i have ben trying to fix for 2 days to no avail pls help!

Relevancy 57.19%

I'm sure you've seen this one before, however none of the various threads I've followed seem to be identical to my issue.Everything was working fine all day, then all of a sudden a box tells me that the computer has to shut down in 30 secs.. its reboots, then repeats the process a couple more times. I couldn't cancel it or anything.Can't run MBAM because of the error (see attachment).
 MBAM_Error.jpg   26.94KB
  11 downloadsMcAfee installed, but didn't alert about anything.I've ran defogger, DDS, GMER, ATFCleaner, Combofix and have all the logs. I've dealt with rootkits before, but not sure whats going on here. Awaiting further instructions and thanks in advance!

A:No internet/network connections, copy/paste, sound, can't run MBAM (run-time error '372'), etc.

Anyone? I've not had a chance to work on this anymore since I am traveling at the moment. Will be in a hotel with internet connection tomorrow night and would like to see some advice. I read the McAfee thread. This sounds awfully similar, yes?===========Hello While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Although our HJT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, neither of us want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it.We ask that once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your thread or make further replies until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Response Team. The reason we ask this or do not respond to your requests is because that would remove you from the active queue that Techs and Staff have access to. The malware staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.That is why I have made an edit to your last post, instead of a reply. Please do not multiple post here, as that only pushes you further down the queue and causes confusion to the staff.Please be patient. It may take several days, up to more than a week, perhaps less, to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.Thank you for understanding.Elise - forum moderator

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311730/no-internetnetwork-connections-copypaste-sound-cant-run-mbam-run-time-error-372-etc/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all,

I am in the process of recovering a laptop from a recent virus surge and have run into some problems with its connection to the internet. When I open the network connections folder there is no local area connection or wireless network connection options. Additionally, the Network Connections service is hung on Starting.

I went through Microsoft KB 825826: "How to troubleshoot missing network connections icons in Windows Server 2003 and in Windows XP", but did not have any luck. Also ran LSP-Fix utility to repair any potential winsock issues but problem has not yet been resolved.

A:Network Connections service "Starting" and all network connections missing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connections-service-starting-and-all-network-connections-missing.686362/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have been trying for a while to delete three broadband connections i seem to have made, but not enabled. They are located in the network connections dialog under the broadband heading. On top of this they keep asking me which server to connect to. When I try to delete them, it asks me if i want to send them to the recycle bin, I click yes, and then nothing happens, they don't go anywhere. Any help would be greatful. Thanks.

A:can't delete my broadband connections in Network connections

you may have to install the soft wacd and remove it from there. try it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-delete-my-broadband-connections-in-network-connections.315932/
Relevancy 55.04%

I want to set up an ad-hoc, non-internet wireless network with a printer on one PC that allows others to connect, share directories and print wirelessly. I have a Linksys WRT54G that I want to use as the WAP and router to the ethernet printer or connect to the printer via USB and just use the Linksys as the WAP. Everything I read talks about hooking up to the internet; we don't want to do that. Possible? Can you walk me through the settings on the Linksys to receive clients and allow printing? Already have two main computers set up for Workgroup and the PCs share over a LAN connection, just need to take it wireless. Will be putting the Linksys on the PC with the printer and finding another solution to hook to the other PC.

(Don't think it matters, but both PCs are HP SFF Win7 Pro with on-board 1 Gigabit Ethernet)

Thanks!

CLD

A:Ad-hoc network with no internet, Win7 Pro

You should be able to connect through the wireless router, whether it's connected to a modem or not. You set it up the same as if it was connected to a modem, just skip those steps. (I did it that way with a Belkin)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387688-ad-hoc-network-no-internet-win7-pro.html
Relevancy 54.18%

PCs are Win Ultimate All are joined to the Domain Domain Controller DNS DHCP Server on same instance is Server standard The network topology is like this Router as Internet Gateway gt Switch identifying Cards will only or intermittently, Inside the Domain-Joined no Network when network Connections will Network longer, Network join Domain PC from gt Wired to Server and PC's SIP phones and Wireless Access Point Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network all on same subnet DNS and DHCP have been offloaded Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network to Server Roles and switched off on the router All of the PCs have network cards that have joined the domain network at least some of the time since I set them up Some of them have always picked up the domain network and continue to this day Some of them intermittently pick up the domain network and other times join whatever other unmanaged network is available Some of them have stopped picking up the domain network altogether and will no matter how many times their NICs are restarted always join a non-domain unmanaged network When the NICs are not joining the domain they are unable to ping hostnames of any devices on the network but nslookup of the hostnames usually works The DC DNS DHCP server's IP can be pinged without issue ipv or ipv I am recording DNS Client Errors ID on all of the PCs during the intervals when their NICs are identifying which network to join -On the PCs that are catching the domain network I am only getting a single error about the root domain eg the domain is ad domain com and I am only getting errors about how the configured DNS servers cannot resolve domain com nothing with fully qualified domain names eg server ad domain com -On the PCs that are not catching the domain network I get a few different instances of the same error substituted quot domain quot for my root domain name Name resolution for the name WPAD ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name lt DC-DNS-DHCPSERVERNAME gt ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name LDAP TCP DC MSDCS ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name ISATAP ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Based on what I've read about NLA service choosing the domain to log into I believe this rd error is the big one although I guess the big error is that my configured DNS servers are not responding except to NSLookups From what I understand the Network Location Awareness Service Provider will roughly do the following look into the registry to see if there is an entry for a domain network to join and if there is it will attempt to contact the domain controller of the same domain name If it is successful with both parts it will join the domain network named quot ad domain com quot If not it will fall back to one of the other options ie home private public quot whatever its called network quot I have tried many of the fixes presented for similar issues but I haven't found anything that's worked A few things I have tried while cycling my NICs on and off to test -turned off the firewall nbsp -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns -netsh int ip reset -netsh reset Winsock catalog and restarted -route f and restarted -turned off DHCP Client Service -restarted DHCP client Service -turned off IPV on NICs -hard-coded DNS servers IPV and -hard-coded static IPs and DNS Servers only IPV -sfc scannow to scan for integrity violations All of these and also some combinations of these and more that I can't remember One more p... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/303bcde4-6a0b-4bc4-baff-929f0b6b4261/domainjoined-pc-network-cards-will-no-longer-or-will-only-intermittently-join-the-domain-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 54.18%

I am running Windows 10 Insider build 14332 and had issues setting up home group. After running the home group troubleshooter, my ethernet and wifi adaptors got renamed to "Ethernet 2" and "Wi-Fi 2" respectively.
I am unable to rename it now. It shows an error "Cannot rename this connection. A connection with the name that you specified already exists. Specify a different name."
My internet is working fine but I am finding these names a bit annoying. I have seared online for similar issues but the solutions haven't worked for me.

A:"Wi-Fi" shown as "Wi-Fi 2" in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

The devices are still in the device manager but not connected.
These are hidden devices.
To much here to tell you how.
Search for hidden devices, device manager to find how to remove them
This has been around since XP

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/423793-wi-fi-shown-wi-fi-2-control-panel%5Cnetwork-internet%5Cnetwork-connections.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a really strange situation today that started after I had to reboot our UTM device and then switch We have a wired network although our modem router is also wireless if needed We don t use the wireless normally After rebooting the UTM and Switch all computers were turned back on again one by one of the were up and running and on the network and internet straight away One PC connected to the LAN but cannot get internet access Our DHCP server is on the UTM Internet (Win7) Network Wired Computer no has on One device and each computer has it s IP address reserved This computer had reserved and it still has that IP address when I do ipconfig It can access all the files on our NAS and all the printers on the network I ran all the ipconfig commands to One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) release renew One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) flushdns I reset winsock and rebooted Still no internet I did a print screen off one of the PCs that is working properly and compared it Apart from the MAC address and other PC specific items I could see no difference So I put a wireless dongle on it to see if it would connect the the internet on wireless It worked I had internet but no LAN other than to the wireless router So I thought there must be a problem with the NIC I went to the local PC store and bought a new NIC card and installed it I disabled the old one and connected the network cable to the new one No difference If I enable the NIC card I have LAN but no internet if I enable the wireless dongle I have internet but no LAN I need both I cannot figure out what has changed on this ONE PC that was working fine until today Oh one other thing I tried that didn t work I connected a brand new Ethernet cable directly from the modem router to the PC So this bypassed the UTM device and Switch Still no wired internet nbsp

A:One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7)

Try these

ping 8.8.8.8
nslookup google.com
ping techspot.com
(1) shows packets going to google's dns
(2) shows you can convert name to ip address
(3) shows access to our site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-on-wired-network-has-no-internet-win7.193364/
Relevancy 53.32%

Win Computer had issues with not starting It would start the the quot Computer Repair quot routine and run for hours Unable to - Hardware?? network Win7 Internet to Bug Unable access or access any safe mode or last configuration options Although I could re-run Win7 Unable to access Internet - Bug or network Hardware?? the Win7 Unable to access Internet - Bug or network Hardware?? quot Repair Computer quot option - Removed Hard drive from computer and put into an external drive and did a quot ChkDsk quot ran Malwarebytes latest update and AVG Free - Both Scans reported issues and removed them Reinstalled Hard drive and desktops appear and I am able to access programs Issue unable to access the internet Unable to Ping Unable to specify an IP address - I tried to force and IP in the IP When doing a Windows Network Diagnostic - I get a message saying the quot Diagnoistic Policy Service quot is not running - when I access the services - this service is quot Stopped quot and when I click on quot Start quot I get access denied Note sure if there is a network Card issue or a bug I did a Hijackthis log and see alot of quot Missing files quot Note this computer is out of it s own network enviroment and in my shop Not sure if this may be a quot Home Group Network issue or not as well Has McAfee - firwall is turned off Concerned Looking for advice suggestion and or directions Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files x EgisTec MyWinLocker x mwlDaemon exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x Wireless LAN g Pen Size Wireless USB Adapter HW V WlanCU exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Acer Backup Manager BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files x Acer Hotkey Utility HotkeyUtility exe C Program Files x EgisTec Egis Software Update EgisUpdate exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Utilities tsg HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www ijji com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire m amp r m p v w n u p R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C P... Read more

A:Win7 Unable to access Internet - Bug or network Hardware??

Hiya

Sorry for the lateness in a reply, but these forums are very busy

Are you still having this problem? If so, can you rescan with DDS and HijackThis, and post the fresh logs

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-unable-to-access-internet-bug-or-network-hardware.947880/
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok I m going to give a small amount of back story here as it may be relevant to the Connection No - Fresh Win7 Install Internet/Network current problem Yesterday I formatted my Win XP PC and tried to install Win on it of the way through the installation my PC would restart and upon loading back into windows I would receive this error message The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error Win7 Fresh Install - No Internet/Network Connection Windows installation cannot proceed To install Windows click OK to restart the computer and then restart the installation There were a number of possible fixes to this problem detailed here I eventually got the installation to complete properly by removing my Sound Card and my Network Card Ok now onto the current problem As stated I have a new clean install of Windows which seems unable to connect to our BT Home Hub router I have an ethernet connection to the router lights check and cables are secure etc and also a Wireless Network Card which may or may not be in a functioning state By which I mean I have had problems with it in the past but I can t remember exactly what is wrong with it However as I did with my XP install I want to connect via the ethernet cable In the Network and Sharing Center there are no networks listed I have attempted to update the drivers for my MB and the Network Card I m not sure how successfully If I try to ping google or anywhere else it fails This could end up being a very simple issue but I m completely new to Win and skipped Vista so I don t really no where to go from here and am kind of burned out after spending hours yesterday just installing windows My PC specs Custom Built OS Windows bit MOBO ASUS M N -SLI CPU AMD Dual Core GHz Gfx Card GeForce GTS Network Card Realtek nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Ok I'm going to give a small Fresh No Win7 Internet/Network Install - Connection amount of back story here as it may be relevant to the current problem Yesterday I formatted my Win XP PC and tried to install Win on it of the way through the installation my PC would restart and upon loading back into windows I would receive this error message Win7 Fresh Install - No Internet/Network Connection The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error Windows installation cannot proceed To install Windows click OK to restart the computer and then restart the installation There were a number of possible fixes to this problem detailed here I eventually got the installation to complete properly by removing my Sound Card and my Network Card Ok now onto the current problem As stated I have a new clean install of Windows which seems unable to connect to our BT Home Hub router I have an ethernet connection to the router lights check and cables are secure etc and Win7 Fresh Install - No Internet/Network Connection also a Wireless Network Card which may or may not be in a functioning state By which I mean I have had problems with it in the past but I can't remember exactly what is wrong with it However as I did with my XP install I want to connect via the ethernet cable In the Network and Sharing Center there are no networks listed I have attempted to update the drivers for my MB and the Network Card neither of which seemed to do anything If I try to ping google or anywhere else it fails This could end up being a very simple issue but I'm completely new to Win and skipped Vista so I don't really no where to go from here and am kind of burned out after spending hours yesterday just installing windows My PC specs Custom Built OS Windows bit MOBO ASUS M N -SLI CPU AMD Dual Core GHz Gfx Card GeForce GTS Network Card Realtek

A:Win7 Fresh Install - No Internet/Network Connection

The first thing you need to do is go to device manager and check whether the network cards are detected and correctly installed. A yellow exclamation mark is a bad sign.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/173963-win7-fresh-install-no-internet-network-connection.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have no problem networking the two operating systems and sharing folders and printers (use work not home on win7). BUT, the minute I open network and/or network sharing on the windows 7 computer I lose my internetconnection on both computers and have to go through a shut down of the w7 computer and unplug the cable modem and the router and restart everything. (The modem displays an internet connection.) Time Warner Aries Modem
Belkin G router

You can't get to shared folders without going through network. If you do you have to restart everything to get back internet connection.

A:NETWORKING WIN7 WITH XP LOSING INTERNET WHEN NETWORK OPENED

Could you please follow this Tutorial then Post back with your results

Network Posting Tips

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/162384-networking-win7-xp-losing-internet-when-network-opened.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys. I made a post similar to this in windows 2000-xp-2003 forum, but no responses. I recently installed windows 2000 on my moms computer. Since then, every computer is detecting an "internet connection" in the XP Network Connections. WHY? Its slowing the internet down, and Nobody on the network can acces the windows 2000 files. she has no problems doing anything, printing-seeing files- you name it. The XP machins can print to my printer (since its on my computer), but nobody can acces her computer. can you please help me?

A:Solved: windows 2K makes ALL windows XP machines see Internet gateway in Network Connections

Ok the "internet Connection" thing came from the router I have (Netgear MR814v2) haing UPnP enabled, which made it do that. The File sharing is also fixed, the problem was Mcafee persoanl Firewall wasnt lettin me into her pc, since mcafee was blocking it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-2k-makes-all-windows-xp-machines-see-internet-gateway-in-network-connections.385533/
Relevancy 53.32%

I've had this problem with my on-board network interface for the ASUS M2N4-SLI motherboard that it won't display in the "Network Connections" window. I can browse the net all fine, but not sure if that's what causing the freeze ups while downloading and downloads that won't start at all. Anyways, I find this problem annoying and want it fixed. Have any idea?

I've uninstalled ZoneAlarm and tried reinstalling the driver for the interface many, many times, but still no luck.

A:Network interface won't display in "Internet Connections"

Meh.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-interface-wont-display-in-internet-connections.624719/
Relevancy 51.6%

Sate of connection red x over network tray icon Can t connect through wireless or wired connection If I try automatic troubleshooting it says it couldn t identify the problem I ve tried Googling for a while and have tried Winsock Winsock reg key deletes several netsh cmd resets uninstalled and reinstalled hardware routers through software not physically In device manager I have the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller and can't to Win7 Laptop connect SysInfo-Components>Network>Protocol=Empty internet. Realtek RTL SE b g n WiFi Adapter both running supposedly Initially they both had caution symbols on them but i uninstalled reinstalled and now they are clear of symbols In quot IPConfig quot the only thing that appears are VMware Network Adapters they are supposed to be there and a quot Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface quot - not sure what that is Something else is definitely a major problem When I open up quot System Information quot then navigate through Components gt Network gt Protocol the entire list which should Win7 Laptop can't connect to internet. SysInfo-Components>Network>Protocol=Empty have items is empty Any ideas Edit This laptop s networking has been fine for the past months Win7 Laptop can't connect to internet. SysInfo-Components>Network>Protocol=Empty I ve had it I usually leave it on but turn it off a couple times a week Yesterday I turned it off and had it off for about - hours When I turned it back on the connection was not working and the above issues arose nbsp

A:Win7 Laptop can't connect to internet. SysInfo-Components>Network>Protocol=Empty

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-laptop-cant-connect-to-internet-sysinfo-components-network-protocol-empty.1054815/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello everyone, i'm connecting to internet via a fast UMTS modem.
I've a shared laptop in my house, so i'd like to connect the modem, put something on download, and then switch user back and forth WHILE my user is *still* downloading

Fact is, when you switch user in win7/vista, it automatically disconnects dial-up connections.. i've long searched for an hotfix to that, and i've found it for vista/windows 2008 server
Link here
Problem is, the Reg key isn't enough, it's also needed the hotfix... too bad the hotfix doesn't run on windows 7 (also cause it may have different versions!)

Anyone able to get an idea about what to hex edit, or any workaround for that annoying problem ?

PS: Just for information, i'm using the famous RTM build 16385 etcetc...

Relevancy 51.17%

Network icon in TaskBar shows Red-X Dell Laptop has NIC Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller I can get on the Internet via wired connection ONLY if I set static address WiFi adapter shows Disabled - Not - - Win7 No are connections available connected though if I Not connected - No connections are available - Win7 right Not connected - No connections are available - Win7 click amp select Enable Not connected - No connections are available - Win7 goes through the motions and stays Disabled F amp Fn F has no effect either Now here is the kicker - If I boot off of MiniXP Hirens both NIC work w Dynamic settings I have tried everything listed in this link http forums techguy org networking -windows- -not-connected-no html The system had Norton installed but temporarily uninstalled to make sure it s not a firewall issue All MS Security updates are installed except BING - by choice Any ideas Tom -------------------- ipconfig all C Windows system gt ipconfig all static IP set to my router Windows IP Configuration Host Name Pic-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address A -BA-DB-AC-EA-A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C A CE - D - - A- DCAA EBDA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes -------------------- Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F Antivirus None nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

So guys I have been having this problem for several days One day I noticed that my wireless internet icon was gone from the taskbar I thought that s easy I d set it to show from Network Connections However when I went to Control Panel Network Connections would not open no hourglass or Network service Solved: start, wireless no Connections cannot network icon anything Nothing So I went to services msc and sure enough Network Connections was disabled I set it to Manual and tried to start it I got the error quot Could not start Network Connections on Local Computer xc quot This is bringing me down because I ve searched for an answer online for days nothing worked I tried using regsvr to register netshell dll but I got the error quot netshell dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found This file cannot be registered quot I have Windows XP Home Edition SP I have scanned for viruses with avast Home Edition Solved: Network Connections service cannot start, no wireless network icon found nothing And very surprisingly I still have internet But I travel so I need to choose my wireless networks and this way I can t Thank you in advance for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-connections-service-cannot-start-no-wireless-network-icon.758745/
Relevancy 51.17%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1014 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 41659 MB; D: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 14579 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Inc., Nestos , Not Applicable, LXAJL0X031734074722500
Antivirus: None

Hi. I have a problem with my wireless connection. The tab under network connections does NOT show wireless connection. This happened after I reinstalled winxp. I installed the wireless driver but it did not work. I can only connect to the internet using the wired connection. What should I do?

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there Apparently as the result of malware I suddenly received many detected viruses using Avira and Malware Bytes empty All is adapters connections and lost window network network I can no longer All network adapters lost and network connections window is empty access the internet The Network Connections window is completely blank and in the Device Manager every single driver All network adapters lost and network connections window is empty under Network Adapters net Adapter Direct Parallel Intel Pro Wireless Realtek WAN Miniport etc has a yellow exclamation mark I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers In some cases I got a message saying uninstallation is not allowed But in all cases even where I could uninstall and reinstall it didn t help at all I also already tried running regsvr netshell dll regsvr netcfgx dll regsvr netman dll Each routine was successful but didn t help Running quot Start netman start quot gives a response that it is already running Any advice Is there any way around reinstalling XP Will that even help I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro M running XP Professional Any advice is greatly appreciated I have been working on this to no avail for over hours nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I m new to this so bear with me I know there are a lot of forum posts on this on this forum and many others but manager connections network in network 7) available and no No device adapter (windows after hours of trawling through them and getting nowhere I No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) thought I would make a thread with my specific problem and see if anyone No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) can help I got my new graphics card yesterday and after hours of trying to get that to work it s in and working but now I have a red cross where it says my internet is connected and when I click on it it says No Connections are No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) available I have a wired connection and the ethernet cable is in there is no light on my mobo to confirm this When I troubleshoot it says Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter If you have a network adapter you will need to reinstall the driver I have got my MOBO CD and attempted to do that but the gigabyte interface is completely missing and I can t find the network adapter on there I have also tried downloading the new drivers first on my laptop and running them on the PC but that had no success and the second time through my Iphone personal hotspot but with the same results I know the ethernet cable works because I have put it in my laptop I have a Gigabyte H MA-D v Mobo i K GB Ram GTX Running Windows Any help with this would be greatly appreciated because I m close to putting my foot through my PC Thanks James nbsp

A:No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-connections-available-and-no-network-adapter-in-device-manager-windows-7.1117129/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm preparing a laptop for transfer to someone else and have deleted all my network accounts (wireless) in the Control Panel. But over in the Sys Tray, when I click on the network icon, my two connections are still listed (name and name-guest). How do I delete those? Win 7x64. Thanks,

A:Deleting my own network connections listings (sys tray network icon)

When you click on the network icon in the System Tray, it will always list all of the Available Wireless Networks in the area, including those of your neighbours if their signal is strong enough. However, if you've already deleted your own networks in Control Panel, the computer won't be able to connect to them again until the encryption key is re-entered.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/266076-deleting-my-own-network-connections-listings-sys-tray-network-icon.html
Relevancy 50.74%

So I have 4 computers connected into a gigabit switch,
If I drop power to the switch, all 4 computers' ethernet connections (obviously) go offline.
When I power the switch back on, I would expect, after a few seconds, that they would pick up their connections again.
One of the machines does this, the other 3 get themselves stuck in a state where they think they're online, but can't access anything on the network, and don't respond to pings.
If I disable/reenable the adapter, then do ipconfig /rel /ren
they start working again.
But I'm scratching my head trying to work out why 1 machine is fine, and 3 aren't. They are the same exact hardware (and cost $US3800 each)
and have the same windows image on them...

??? Also note that they are on DHCP with reservations.

Any ideas would be cool. thanks!

A:Some workstations network connections don't recover after network switch outage

When the switch comes back up, do these machines still have valid IP addresses, or do they switch to 169.x.x.x APIPA addressing? Also, if you hard-code IP address information (rather than rely on DHCP) as a test, do the machines all network properly after the switch drop and re-up?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/some-workstations-network-connections-dont-recover-after-network-switch-outage-560092.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Restoring Network Connection [window reads]:
"An error occurred while reconnecting Z: to [my IP address]
Microsoft Windows Network: The network name cannot be found
This connection has not been restored"
Hi, I need step by step help in resolving this issue. Can anyone help? Thanks

A:Restoring network connections - the network cannot be found 0x80070043

This forum is for IT professionals. Better platform for step by step and detailed help is in

answers.microsoft.com
Unfortunately you have not given more relevant information on network security (workgroup or domain), about what you did before it started, network configuration and name resolution configuration.
Personaly I would use network monitor if no imput information helps to resolve this proble, Wireshark will do the trick.
Rgds
Milos

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/486d57bc-1931-473a-b0f6-6bbd6e06aaa4/restoring-network-connections-the-network-cannot-be-found-0x80070043?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.31%

What I want is the most secured pc possible disabling all the network connections except my private network made with hamachi I use it to play games on lan with my friend but when I get malicious tools from internet all my system is f ed up and I need to reinstall windows softwares and all my games one by one -I use the standard windows firewall my computer is xp pro SP -I deleted every web browser I had explorer not completely removed -Our hamachi network is secured with a password only the two of us using it -I plan on freezing my system partition after making all the changes needed deepfreeze So how can I reinforce my pc security without buying an AV that will ruin me What setting should I change in my firewall or is there a better one aviable for but hamachi block all to network connections private network? How not free Is there an alternative to freezing my system since I need to turn it off even for the smallest change Hope you can help me on this nbsp

A:How to block all network connections but not hamachi private network?

From what I've read, you have to allow Hamachi to contact its server in order to login.

Apart from that, go to Windows Firewall, Exceptions tab, and uncheck everything that you feel is not used.

A stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall will only allow networks packets to come in if it has seen packets going out to that address. So if an application talks to a server, then that server is allowed to reply back. Otherwise all other inbound connections attempts are blocked. The Windows Firewall is an SPI type. So, that should fulfill your requirement of "disabling all network connections" .

One thing you should consider. Windows Firewall on XP doesn't block outgoing applications. So if you downloaded a malware and it starts calling home, Windows Firewall will not stop it. There are free firewalls available, like Comodo and Online Armor, which have outbound blocking. These 2 have a built in white list of safe programs to allow online. If an unrecognized program calls outbound, it will ask you for permission.

I don't understand why an antivirus will ruin you. I'll assume that you mean financially. There are a number of antivirus programs that are free: AVG Free, MS Security Essentials and Avast.

You stated that you want the 'most secured pc possible'. So I'll add some other advice.

Get a router if you don't have one. Even if you have only 1 PC. The router will act as a basic hardware firewall. The Windows Firewall is ok, but you need that router as an additional layer of defense.

It is best not to tamper with Internet Explorer, it is too integrated into Windows. Besides, you will need a browser to configure your router. But you can use Firefox, Opera or Chrome.

A secured Windows is one that is configured to do Only the things you need, and nothing more. When you have extra features that you don't need, it just enlarges the 'attack surface' that an attacker can use. First things to look for are the 'network facing' features, because hackers can tamper with anything that respond through the internet.

Go to Network/Properties and uncheck all protocols that you do not use. A minimal configuration just needs TCP/IP v 4.

There are some services running on XP that you'll never use. See this article:

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=354

Note, you better write down the list of services that you disable, and what the original settings were - automatic or manual.

Go to Secunia and install their PSI program. This program will inspect your installed applications and notify you when one of them have security updates. You will want to run this weekly.

Also keep Windows Update on Automatic. Most patches nowadays are security related, and you do NOT want to delay installing them.

If your programs can work when using a non-admin account, then use a non-admin account for your daily activities. The administrator account is all powerful, and if someone successfully attacks a program running as admin, they will gain admin rights on your system too. Then it's game over.

Someone with physical access to your PC can do a lot of damage. So you should have a long and complex passphrase for logon. For example, the phrase "Kirk is the captain of the USS Enterprise" will become "kitcotusse". Throw in a number and it becomes "k444itcotusse". I recommend passphrases longer than 16 characters.

Part of keeping your Windows secure is to keep up with all security fixes. A lot of successful attacks are based on vulnerabilities that already have patches, just because people don't do Windows Update. Never fall behind on patches. This is especially important for XP, because unlike Vista or Win7, it doesn't have ASLR, services hardening and other technologies to foil attacks.

Security is part 'setup' and a lot of maintenance. To use a physical analogy, you want to lock a door to keep the room safe... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-block-all-network-connections-but-not-hamachi-private-network.940976/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hie,
Can anyone help me. I am trying to network my laptop with my desktop. I have done it before, but have changed routers. Now I can't find my network icon on my laptop. I have tried the ipconfig /all and this is what it came up with. Window IP Configuration
Host name............. Solovan
Primary dns suffix.....
Node type..............Unknown
IP Routing Enable ...No
WINS proxy enabled.No

Ethernet adapter local area connection
Media state..................Media disconnected
Description ..................Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
Physical Address...........00-C0-9F-6C-80-56

Thanks

Relevancy 50.31%

I recently tried to remove some malware from my system and adapters... No network corrupt or connections, network missing then all of these problems happened I can no longer connect to the internet and my network connections folder is totally empty Under network adapters all of them are missing or corrupt I hit the update button and it says that I have the newest driver available I uninstalled all of them and then rebooted but they were just corrupt again I cannot activate No network connections, missing or corrupt network adapters... simple TCP IP under network connections in Add remove windows components I don't know if that's important or not My workstation service fails to start My Net BIOS service fails to start I have tried to system restore but it won't work I scanned the registries with regcure No network connections, missing or corrupt network adapters... but that didnt work either Booting in safe mode doesn't fix any of these problems I'm pretty sure I have service pack service pack files i I had a bunch of missing icons in my control panel the files were there but their icons were not i ran regsvr netman dll and two other commands regsvr commands i forgot which then these icons came back but I still have an empty network connections folder I'm at a loss and don't know where to go from here any help would be GREATLY appreciated Thanks

A:No network connections, missing or corrupt network adapters...

Could you try to explain exactly what you did to remove to malware? Maybe you changed a setting somewhere without realizing it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-network-connections-missing-or-corrupt-network-adapters-372763.html
Relevancy 49.45%

When I use the network connections in the control panel, there are no network connections shown, even though I can connect to the internet. Also, when I tru to use the network setup wizard, nothing happens. It just doesn't work.

A:Network Connections & Network Setup Wizard

What is the make and model# of your computer?
Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager any devices with yellow flags need to have drivers installed.
On an internet computer go to your computer/motherboard manufacturers support/download drivers site and type in your make and model# or Service Tag # and download the Chipset and Network adapter for your computer. And any other drivers you need from the Device Manager.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-connections-and-network-setup-wizard-690495.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello I m using a Toshiba M -S running Win and have developed the problem in the last network connections No adapters network in shown several weeks of my system tray icon for wireless No network adapters shown in network connections showing a red quot x quot instead of the normal connection signal When I access the Network and Sharing Center and click the link to Change Adapter Settings the window for Network Connections is entirely empty - no adapters nothing and thus no way to modify adapter settings Checking in Device Manager shows both of my adapters Wireless Realtek RTL E Wired Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller and both are functioning I m able to access the internet both wired and wirelessly I ve tried to update the drivers for the wireless connection also tried to approximate how far back the problem started and doing a system restore to that point I could restore back further but don t want to deal with having to reinstall all of the software that I ve installed in the last months Any suggestions are welcome

A:No network adapters shown in network connections

Hello RunningPT12 and welcome to BC,
When you say that you are able to connect both via wired and wireless connections do you mean even when you are seeing a red "x" over your connections tab in the system tray and there are no connections showing when you try to change your network adapters?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/322238/no-network-adapters-shown-in-network-connections/
Relevancy 49.45%

Computer Info:

Emachine T3065
CPU: AMD Athlon? XP 3000+ Processor
QuantiSpeed? Architecture operates at 2.167GHz
512KB L2 cache & 333MHz FSB
Operating System: Genuine Microsoft? Windows? Vista Ultimate
Chipset: NVIDIA? nForce?2
Memory: 512MB DDR (PC 2700)
Expandable to 2GB
Hard Drive: 160GB HDD (7200rpm)
Optical Drive: 48x Max. CD-RW Drive; 16x Max. DVD Drive
Media Reader: 8-in-1 Digital Media Manger (USB 2.0, Secure Digital? (SD), Smart Media, Compact Flash, Memory Stick?, Memory Stick PRO, Micro Drive, Multimedia Card)
Video: NVIDIA? GeForce?4? MX graphics (1 AGP 8x slot available)
Sound: nForce? 6-channel Audio
Network: 10/100Mbps built-in Ethernet
Modem: 56K ITU v.92-ready Fax/Modem
Peripherals: Premium Plus Multimedia Keyboard, 2-Button Wheel Mouse, Amplified Stereo Speakers
Ports/Other: 5 USB 2.0 ports (4 in back; 1 in Media Reader), 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, Audio-In & Out
Dimensions: 7.25"W x 14.125"H x 16"D
Having trouble connecting to the internet. Any network does not show. So can't view properties. Please help. Thanks!

A:Network Adapter Not Visible In Network Connections

Could it be disabled in the BIOS? Have you tried resetting the BIOS to default/safe values?
Can you try another network card (they're fairly cheap)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148117/network-adapter-not-visible-in-network-connections/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all as you can see from the subject the problem is a bit weird Can't in working) are Connections (but See they Network Network Adapters from the command prompt ipconfig all i see everything but in the graphical interface not so i can't manage them and it's very annoying History of the problem The problem appeared after Can't See Network Adapters in Network Connections (but they are working) i made a big mess with the file and registry permissions when after using quot subinacl exe quot to reset Can't See Network Adapters in Network Connections (but they are working) the registry permissions and correct some other problems i began to get messages from programs and services that quot There is not enough storage to complete this operation quot anyway and after many hours made a successful recovery using a different vista installation to correct the Can't See Network Adapters in Network Connections (but they are working) file permission problem which locked me out from booting completely The thing is that both registry and file permissions to Program Files Program Files x ProgramData Windows folders were made manually to full permissions on everything to the system and administrators accounts and the same to the Registry Keys without subinacl exe this time so i know what is happening In the registry i had some notifications that it was not successful to everything Anyhow app and window function seems to work fine now except the problem with the network adapters I imagine that it's again something with the permissions but to what i can't risk damaging everything again Does anyone has any idea what i could check to see if the problem gets fixed Thank you

A:Can't See Network Adapters in Network Connections (but they are working)

Forget it .. it was a service that didn't start .. it needed to change the account which was running it .. as i said in the beginning ... big mess ! ..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-see-network-adapters-in-network-connections-but-they-are-working-267405.html
Relevancy 49.45%

HELP Can t access my network connections in my network folder Guys i have a problem with my network folder It seems that I can t see my existing network connections in the folder I first noticed this when i click on my dial-up connection the connection window won t come up network in access HELP! connections folder!! network my Can't my When i open the network connections folder in the control panel an error message comes up with this message The Network Connections Folder was unable to retrieve the lsit of Network adapters on your machine Please make sure that the Network Connections service is enabled and running I tried going to the Services Tool and manually HELP! Can't access my network connections in my network folder!! started Network Connections but this is the message I got Could not start the Network Connections service on Local Computer Error The specified procedure could not be found What gives Please help me guys I m really at lost on what to do this time I even tried starting all services but i only got the same error message in the Network Connections service Thanks dRew ---------------------------- HJT Logfile attached for further info just in case Logfile of HELP! Can't access my network connections in my network folder!! HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP v WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system netdde exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files CFusionMX runtime bin jrunsvc exe C Program Files CFusionMX db slserver bin swagent exe C Program Files CFusionMX db slserver bin swstrtr exe C Program Files CFusionMX db slserver bin swsoc exe C Program Files CFusionMX runtime bin jrun exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Virtual CD v System vcdsecs exe C Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PDSched exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C PROGRA COMMON Stardock SDMCP exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C WINDOWS system VTtrayp exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Terminator Quick TV Scheduled exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS VM STI EXE C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C PROGRA VIRTUA System VCDPlay exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C WINDOWS PowerS exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerVCRII RemoteAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files CursorXP CursorXP exe C Program Files FreeRAM XP Pro FreeRAM XP Pro exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Documents and Settings Jake Start Menu Programs Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Fake Webcam FakeWebcamXP exe C Program Files CamGrab- LE CamGrab- LE exe C Program Files ReGetDx regetdx exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http searchbar findthewebsiteyouneed com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http searchbar findthewebsiteyouneed com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www findthewebsiteyouneed com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX Acro... Read more

A:HELP! Can't access my network connections in my network folder!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-cant-access-my-network-connections-in-my-network-folder.439308/
Relevancy 49.45%

I m having problems with a desktop I have lost network connection no LAN settings and cannot add a new connection and obviously no internet Network troubleshooter will not run I cannot run McAfee or other programs All other computers on the network are up and running I have tried searching multiple topics similar problems I have problems connections network lost - network been unsuccessful starting needed services such as telephony remote access network location awareness etc I transferred over a program from my laptop to get the following hijack analysis Logfile of Advanced SystemCare Security AnalyzerScan saved network problems - lost network connections at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system brsvc a exeC WINDOWS system brss a exeC WINDOWS system Brmfrmps exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system LMabcoms exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exeC WINDOWS system network problems - lost network connections HPZipm exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exeC Program Files network problems - lost network connections Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system VTTimer exeC WINDOWS system pctspk exeC PROGRA MULTI- MMKey exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exeC Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop DesktopWeather exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEF IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exeO - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - BHO My Freeze com Toolbar - bd f - ad- f -aca - be e b - C Program Files myfreezetoolbar myfreezedx dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dllO - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dllO - BHO scriptproxy - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO scriptproxy - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO scriptproxy - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dllO - BHO Updater For My Freeze com Toolbar - C CD - F - E -B -EB F DA - C Program Files myfreezetoolbar auxi myfreezetoolbAu dllO - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B E dllO - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - Toolbar amp Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dllO - Toolbar My Freeze com Toolbar - bd f - ad- f -aca - be e b - C Program Files myfreezetoolbar myfree... Read more

A:network problems - lost network connections

Sorry, it was the McAfee problem. I didn't notice the post on the home page. I used the McAfee ALERT: 5958 DAT Update Issue (For Home Users Only)

?If you are a Home or Consumer user, see article TS100969

Problems solved!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311831/network-problems-lost-network-connections/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi guys this issue is doing my head in This happened to me before a few weeks ago I reinstalled and after about a week the problem is back The Issue After a restart of the computer the firewall will NOT turn on in the control panel it tells me to reset to default settings Button upon clicking does nothing In services msc all other required services are running Base filter etc the windows firewall is not running I attempt to manually start it and an error message pops up quot Windows could not start the Windows Firewall on Local Computer For more information review the System Event Log If this is a non-Microsoft service contact the service vendor and refer to service-specific error code quot So I did some research and microsoft told me it was an error with permissions so I tried their fix it and other manual fixes with no luck what so ever What I think may of caused this the BIOS clock is set correctly but on a fresh windows install it thought the time date was wrong It was stuck in I manually changed this restarted fine and nothing went wrong for weeks I'm pulling my hair out here guys any solutions Cheers

A:Win7 Firewall Service not starting, blocking ALL incoming connections

There is something wrong with your system. More then likely some deep hidden virus of some type or there is a hardware fault.

If the BIOS Real Time Clock is set correctly and the CMOS battery is still good then the OS will pick up that time and date and all you should need to change is the Time Zone setting to your location. After that it should not change. If it is then there is something on your PC that is causing the change.

If you didn't to a Clean Wipe of the drive when you reinstalled whatever caused this problem the first time got left over and is infecting your computer again.

Look at this to Clean your drive and then Reinstall.

Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/258306-win7-firewall-service-not-starting-blocking-all-incoming-connections.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello iv just bought a new Wireless adaptor for my PC and iv installed the drivers and it shows its working but it isnt showing any connections so i carnt connect to my router i used to Hard wire my PC but i had to move my PC so I cant anymore.

Iv been looking around forms for the past 2 days and i carnt find anythin which seems to help if any one can help and give step by step instuctions i would be awsome.

Things iv tryed
Reset my Router
Reset All settings on my Router
Reinstalled the Wireless
Uninstalled and Reinstalled the Drivers

Things i Cant do.
Reinstall Win7 (Dont Have the Disc Anymore)
Restore Win7 (Dont have a Restore Point)

I use Win7 32 Bit

Thank you.

A:Wireless USB adaptor Isnt showing Any connections useing Win7

Hi and Welcome to Seven Forums,

From your computer's Device Manager, are you able to see the wireless network adapter?

Can we please see an ipconfig /all output from your computer?
How to run an ipconfig /all?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220130-wireless-usb-adaptor-isnt-showing-any-connections-useing-win7.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I used to internet connect Win7 network adapter over to won't "secondary" connect to the internet with cable broadband service going from the cable modem to my Asus RT-N router and then by wire to my desktop computer This Asus network includes my NAS and wireless printer Then I cancelled my cable internet and returned the modem Now I am connecting to the internet through a cell-based wireless hot-spot So I added a USB wifi dongle to my desktop and can connect fine to the hot-spot and the system tray says there is internet on the wifi but the browser stills tries to connect through the wired network which has no internet access and goes to the error page of the Asus router There are no proxy settings in the browser or anything else I can see that would force this behavior In order to get internet through the hot-spot I have to disable the wired adapter Tried rebooting and looking around for something that might be forcing this but I am not so knowledgeable in this area Any help is appreciated Thanks

A:Win7 won't connect to internet over "secondary" network adapter

LOL, fixed it myself from an older post on this forum that showed up in a different search than the first one I tried. Solution was to set the interface metric in the advanced settings for the Internet Protocol properties for each adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/317276-win7-wont-connect-internet-over-secondary-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Yes yet another question about the quot network password quot issue with Win networking This has nothing to do with Win -winxp networking as most of the questions related to this subject from google appear to be This is an issue of single win installation being unable to connect to another specific win installation over the network computers all Network Password: networking Enter win7 to win7 win ultimate bit no changes or modifications Enter Network Password: win7 to win7 networking made to their network configuration of them talk to each other just fine I share files with without homegroup no problem that th computer which is the trouble computer only has problems when it tries to connect to a specific computer on the network It can connect and see the shared files on the other no problem also the computer I am having trouble connecting to can see the shared files folders of ALL of the computers without a password prompt including on the computer that is having the problem I have never seen this form of quot one way quot sharing issue where the computer in question cannot connect but everyone else can I have tried all the usual stuff changing Secpol settings changing adding users of the same name password on the different PCs changinng the advanced sharing settings to disable password protection deleted added new credentials nothing works I am about at the limit and ready to try reinstalling windows I dont really want to I am running this off a Sandforce SSD OCZ Vertex and I dont really want to have to keep rewriting s of gigabytes worth of data to attempt a fix

A:Enter Network Password: win7 to win7 networking

Dear Bogolo,

your question is not clear what do you mean by

that 4th computer, which is the trouble computer, only has problems when it tries to connect to a specific computer on the network. It can connect and see the shared files on the other 2 no problem.

also, the computer I am having trouble connecting to can see the shared files/folders of ALL of the computers without a password prompt, including on the computer that is having the problem.

can you please re post your exact question.

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185204-enter-network-password-win7-win7-networking.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I m on an in-home wireless network with my brother and daughter and while the internet s working just fine on the wirelessly connected computers mine and hers my brother s computer the one wired to the router no longer has any icons in the Network Connections folder He tried doing a system restore which had no effect I tried running the command prompt on his computer with regsvr netshell dll regsvr netcfgx dll regsvr netman dll all of which it connections, network no adapters No network said ran successfully and then rebooted The Network Connections icons still did not reappear He opened My Network Places and was given an error from Windows Firewall which said quot To help protect your computer Windows Firewall has blocked the UPnP device software from receiving information from the network This information is necessary for displaying the icons Do you want to open the Windows Firewall port settings so the software can detect network to UPnP devices If you click no No network connections, no network adapters the icons will not be displayed quot He clicked yes but no icons were displayed We then opened the Device Manager and it shows him as having no network adapters at all I have no idea what to do at this point His specs are Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Intel R Pentium R CPU MHz GHz MB RAM Can anyone help nbsp

A:No network connections, no network adapters

First off, since the network adapters don't show up, are they perhaps under Other Devices with an error? It sounds like the hardware is either dead, disabled in the BIOS, or the drivers are corrupt or missing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-connections-no-network-adapters.841457/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I'm running a Win XP SP2 machine, a couple of days ago the Network Icons in the taskbar dissapeared. Also, I cannot get into Network Connections to check the connections. The folder is empty.

However, the all the connections work fine, I just cannot edit them or get any details... Cause they're nowhere to be found.

I browsed around the net and found that for this type of problems one needs to check if certain services such as "Network Connections" and "Telephony" are running. I checked, and they are all stuck in "Starting" status. And nothing I can get them to start.

I checked the chain of dependencies and the service they all depend on "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)" is started and running.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated, thanks guys!

A:Missing Network Icons, Network Connections Service stuck on "starting"

Symptom: Your network connections folder is empty.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, follow each one with the Enter key:

regsvr32 netshell.dll
regsvr32 netcfgx.dll
regsvr32 netman.dll

Reboot the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-network-icons-network-connections-service-stuck-on-starting.773632/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi

I have tried searching the forums and tried all possible solutions but none of them seem to work.

My setup is as follows:

"Server":
Windows 7 Professional x86
Connected to Draytek 2820n MIMO router with Gigabit Cat6 cable (Win reports 1Gbps)

(brand new) Laptop:
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
Connected to the same router wirelessly 802.11n (Win reports 300-450mbps)

Router:
WPA2 AES

I seem to have a problem with server to laptop transfer speeds which look to be capped at approx 3-3.5 MB/s. It seems too low for a 802.11n speed to me!

I feel like I have tried everything:

1. Removed antivirus, disabled windows firewalls on both computers
2. Removed Remote Differential Compression on both computers
3. Disabled autotuning
4. Tested server's HDD with SeaTools
5. Disabled IPv6 on both computers
6. Disabled Large Send Offload in NIC's advanced properties on the server
7. Screenshot from NetCPS is attached below

Any help would be much appreciated!

A:Win7 to Win7 slow network transfers

A question if i may, how far away is the laptop from the wifi router?

Distance affects transfer speeds tremendously...

As an example, I've a laptop hooked up via GbE (1Gbps) using CAT-6 cables to a router that is transfering files to another laptop thats using Wireless N @ 150Mbps..

When the laptop on wireless in right on top of the router i get 8 - 10 MB/s speeds, when it's in a room separated by a couple of walls, it drops to as low as 2-3 MB/s..

Physical obstacles and distance from the router are two major factors... Also try to rule out interference from any other 2.4 GHz devices in the vicinity.... Any other wireless networks in the area using the same channel perhaps? If so, try changing the Upper and Control channels to a different number in the router configuration....

Getting 300+ Mbps requires a dual band 2.4GHz channels which may be impinging on the spectrum that other nearby networks are using.... leading to interference and poorer than expected performance...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/203917-win7-win7-slow-network-transfers.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I got Win7 on both my laptop on PC.
I set the network, and computers see each other
but, when I try to access the shared drive, I'm getting this message: Image 1324847505-clip-35kb.png

My user permission set like this: Image 1324847635-clip-25kb.png

I do able to access to "users" folder on each PC. I compared the permissions, and they look the same.

Any idea what might be wrong?

A:[SOLVED] Win7 to Win7 Network issue

Try this..

Quote:

Open Network and Sharing Center by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, and then clicking Network and Sharing Center.
If network discovery is off, click the arrow button to expand the section, click Turn on network discovery, and then click Apply. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
If file sharing is off, click the arrow button to expand the section, click Turn on file sharing, and then click Apply. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
If Public folder sharing is off and you want to share files by placing them in the Public folder on your computer, click the arrow button to expand the section, click Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can open files or Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can open, change, and create files, and then click Apply. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Enable file and printer sharing

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-win7-to-win7-network-issue-620324.html
Relevancy 46.87%

DT desktop wired LT laptop wireless DT - Windows Ultimate x main PC DT - Windows Vista x LT - Windows Ultimate x LT - Windows Home x work laptop -All on the same workgroup- -All run through D-Link Router- My issue I recently upgraded DT to win x from x and now cannot network or homegroup to any of my other computers or wireless printer Networking was fine in network to Win7/ Win7 with refuses Vista win x I have tried many Win7 refuses to network with Win7/ Vista internet solutions without success LT and LT homegroup with each other and network with DT just fine DT is the only PC excluded from this I have all my sharing settings set and I have gone through the network set-up many times fiddled with my router settings a little bit but came up with nothing When I search for other PC's on my network from DT I find no other PC's or the wireless printer When I search from any other PC I find and have access to everything except Win7 refuses to network with Win7/ Vista DT I have Sophos Anti-virus and firewall disabling the firewall makes no difference windows firewall already disabled I cannot see the wireless printer in the 'network discovery' but it shows up when I need to print and prints just fine When I go to control panel network and sharing and click the quot see full map quot I can see LT and LT as wireless items so they do exists but what gives Thanks for your time on this Caspersim

A:Win7 refuses to network with Win7/ Vista

Quote: Originally Posted by Caspersim

DT (desktop, wired)
LT (laptop, wireless)

DT 1 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (main PC)
DT 2 - Windows Vista x86
LT 1 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64
LT 2 - Windows 7 Home x64 (work laptop)
-All on the same workgroup-
-All run through D-Link Router-

My issue: I recently upgraded DT 1 to win7 x64 from x86 and now cannot network or homegroup to any of my other computers or wireless printer. Networking was fine in win7 x86. I have tried many internet solutions without success. LT 1 and LT 2 homegroup with each other and network with DT 2 just fine, DT 1 is the only PC excluded from this. I have all my sharing settings set and I have gone through the network set-up many times, fiddled with my router settings a little bit, but came up with nothing.

When I search for other PC's on my network (from DT 1) I find no other PC's or the wireless printer. When I search from any other PC I find and have access to everything except DT 1!

I have Sophos Anti-virus and firewall, disabling the firewall makes no difference (windows firewall already disabled).

I cannot see the wireless printer in the 'network discovery' but it shows up when I need to print and prints just fine.

When I go to: control panel\ network and sharing and click the "see full map"
I can see LT 1 and LT 2 as wireless items, so they do exists, but what gives?

Thanks for your time on this.

Caspersim

I am a bit confused. In the above you say homegroup, and workgroup. It has to be one or the other. Which one is it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/135488-win7-refuses-network-win7-vista.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello This is my firt posting here I hope someone can help me I connected two notebooks via a TP-Link Win7 connection Win7 Network Slow between and router Wlan g The first computer is a brand new Samsung RF Win Home Premium bit with Intel I GB Ram The second is a year old HP Pavilion DV device with Win Home Premium bit It dosent matter if i connect via Homegroup or direct over the network to the files The speed Slow Network connection between Win7 and Win7 of transmission between the two computers is about - KB Sometime i get about Slow Network connection between Win7 and Win7 - KB But no idea why I guess i should get at least - MB If i click over the network on a movie file only one clock - no double click windows explorer need about - seconds for read the filedatas While this happen Windows Explorer get slow Fluid browsing in from folder to folder is not possible So whats Slow Network connection between Win7 and Win7 wrong with Win On the Samsung notebook installed a virtual XP If i access with XP to the datas it is very fast Doubleclick a movie and he start withinh - seconds I spent some hours to find a solution in the internet I saw there are plenty of users with the same problem I try alot things like netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel disable disable remote differential compression and many things more Turning off Firewall and Avast Antivirus Nothing helps I change also from DHCP to static IP I checked all the drifer and firmware Everything is up to date For me Win is a backstep

A:Slow Network connection between Win7 and Win7

Try resetting your WINSOCK catalog:
Winsock entries tells Windows 7 how to access your network services.
Additionally, your TCP/IP protocol can be corrupted.
The TCP/IP protocol is a stack of 4 layers that includes several transport layers.
When this stack is corrupt you will constantly have connectivity issues.

Open a command [CMD] prompt with admin privileges,
then execute these commands:
netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries)
netsh interface ipv4 reset (reset TCP/IP stack)
netsh interface ipv4 reset

Can't remember where I found this online - but it has helped me with network browsing in the past.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/180336-slow-network-connection-between-win7-win7.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am looking at getting new CPU and don't know which way to go.
Windows7 64x or windows7 32x. My Notebook is Win7 32 can I network together with no problems (well almost no problems)

A:Network 64bit win7 to a 32bit win7

they will network just fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/79052-network-64bit-win7-32bit-win7.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I got Win7 on both my laptop on PC.
I set the network, and computers see each other
but, when I try to access the shared drive, I'm getting this message: Image 1324847505-clip-35kb.png

My user permission set like this: Image 1324847635-clip-25kb.png

I do able to access to "users" folder on each PC. I compared the permissions, and they look the same.

Any idea what might be wrong?

A:Solved: Win7 to Win7 Network issue

You should be able to share a drive as well as a folder. Some people (for reasons unknown) had trouble sharing a drive with Vista. Maybe some people are suffering a similar problem with Windows 7. How to Share the Root of a Drive Under Vista may help with your Windows 7 issue. Don't be put off by his first three paragraphs of ranting; he does get to the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win7-to-win7-network-issue.1032904/
Relevancy 46.87%

As the topic says, I'm having an issue where a computer on a network cannot see the other computer on the network.  It is able to connect to the internet, and I double-checked based on earlier threads and the network discovery IS ON.  This computer
is able to create a Homegroup and the other computer on the network is able to see the shared folders when it joins the homegroup, but I cannot create a homegroup on the
other computer and have this computer see it to join it.  The other computer sees this computer in Windows Explorer under Network, but as far as the problem computer is concerned, it is the only computer on the network.
Despite this, when I open up the Network Map, it shows both computers, the router, and the modem.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6789f7fd-6dc6-4b5f-b997-32480bd340c0/windows-7-cannot-see-other-win7-computers-on-network-other-win7-computers-on-network-can-see-this?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently built a new PC cannibalizing the old one for some parts in the process Once completed program internet stable Unstable and but connections, internet speeds and set up the internet had seemed fine though I was busy installing everything so it s possible I just didn t notice at first Since completion my internet connection has gone from previously speedy to a sort off stuttering lag The connection itself remains on there s no indication of losing connection to the actual internet but sometimes it feels like I have It s particularly noticeable when directing to a new webpage It now seems to stutter taking a few seconds to register that I Unstable internet speeds and program connections, but stable internet ve redirected it a few seconds of white screen and then slowly everything loads in with even thumbnail Unstable internet speeds and program connections, but stable internet images loading choppily it sorta reminds me of how things used to load on a modem a little bit at a time This occurs in all browsers I ve Unstable internet speeds and program connections, but stable internet tried including Steam Steam will regularly lose connection as well which never happened previously except when it s servers were down I also work from home using LogMeIn com which has not been able to establish a connection to my work pc - it can connect to the network activate the encryption but fails with the error quot your connection to the remote computer has been lost quot Streaming sites like youtube twitch and livestream lag at first loadup like everything else but the videos stream perfectly fine with no hiccups When running windows network diagnostics the troubleshooting is unable to automatically fix the issues and detects the following quot Your computer appears to be corrected configured but the device or resource DNS server is not responding quot I ve done everything I can think of including the following -All drivers are up to date windows network hardware browsers -Reset the router -Completed full scans for viruses and malware and turned up nothing malicious -Internet Protocol Versions and are set to obtain an IP address and DNS server address automatically I have tested the internet on multiple devices and these connection issues only appear on my computer -Wireless via phone is fine -Ethernernet via consoles are fine IP Config Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mainframe Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Killer e PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - A- B- A- - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fc d e f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August- - PM Lease Expires August- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - -EC- - A- B- A- - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C F DF- BE- C A- DA- CAA DFBE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes System Specs Intel core i - K Haswell Quad-Core GHz LGA MSI Z M Gaming LGA Intel Z micro ATX motherboard MSI Gaming N TF GD GeForce GTZ GB videocard G Skill Ripjaws X Series GB x gb DDR SDRAM Note only installed due to size of current CPU fan needing to be replaced gb installed gb usable Windows Home Premium -bit operating system service pack Norton Internet Security is on Windows Firewall is on I am on Rogers Cable in Toronto Canada and use a Hitron CGN -ROG Router Any help would be appreciated I m completely out of ideas and internet troubleshooting hasn t led me to anything new to try nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I have two network connection icons showing,  "Local Area Connection" Network 2 is working fine;

can I safely remove the other one?  How do I change Network 2 to just display "Network"?

Network Connections.PNG   25.09KB
  0 downloads,

thanks in advance,

d. shepherd
san antonio, tx.

A:Network Connections

Hi,

Simply forget about it, if it's working don't fix it.

Every time windows reinstall the network driver for some reason the number will increase.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560784/network-connections/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi No Network Connections no network adapters appear in the 'Network Connections' window and I don't have access to the internet Also when I start the computer a message box appears on the login screen stating that 'lsass exe - System Error Object Name not found' If I click No Network Connections 'OK' on the message box the computer will reboot but if I ignore the message and login I can then close the message box and the computer doesn't reboot Also there is no option to change to the Windows XP theme in the Display Properties I'm stuck with the Windows Classic theme This is my cousin's computer that was badly infected with numerous viruses and malware When I first got the computer the login screen didn't appear just the login box and it would take several minutes to login It still takes longer than usual to login I ran SuperAntispyware Spybot Search and Destroy and Dr Web CureIt from my UBCD Win cd and also completed the Windows XP Cleaning Procedure from MajorGeeks com Now when I run SuperAntiSpyware Spybot Search and Destroy and MalwareBytes they till me the computer is clean but I have the issues I explained earlier Here are the attached logs Any help will be appreciated thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Christina at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Windows System Defender On-access scanning enabled Updated ECB CB-A - AAD- FF- CCC FAA FW Windows System Defender enabled A - CF - EF -BF - B E ACD Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Documents and Settings Christina Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search yahoo com search p searchTerms amp ei utf- amp fr b ie uStart Page hxxp www Google com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks H - No File mURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll TB MSN bdad dad-c - a -adc - b b ff d - c program files msn apps msn toolbar en-ca msntb dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll uRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe mRun Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot c program files malwarebytes' anti-malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscript StartupFolder c documents and settings christina start menu programs startup wkcalrem LNK disabled StartupFolder c documents and settings all users start menu programs startup Microsoft Office lnk disabled dPolicies-explorer NoSetActiveDesktop x IE amp Search - p ZNxmk ISCA IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - c windows system msjava dll IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - c program files windows live writer WriterBrowserExtension dll IE EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - c progra mi aa INetRepl dll IE EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - c progra mi aa INetRepl dll IE BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - c program files yahoo common yiesrvc dll IE B A E- FC - CE - B- DBBB C - AF- E - FEE- A-CED E EADD - c program files common files microsoft shared encarta search bar ENCSBAR DLL IE CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - FE FA -D C- d - FA- C F AFE - c windows system Shdocvw dll IE DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - - F - D - - D F - c progra spybot SDHelper dll Trusted Zone... Read more

A:No Network Connections

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271222/no-network-connections/
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently installed verizon VZ Access Manager to use my blackberry as a tethered modem. Since then, I have noticed that neither my wireless nor my wired LAN connections appear in Network Connections. My connections work fine. I am using a wired LAN connection to send this. However, the connection does not appear in Windows Network Connections. According to what I've read, the connection should be automatically entered there.

Why would it be missing, and how do I get it back?

Jim

Relevancy 46.87%

nothing is showing up in my network connections on my emachine desktop computer. ijust wiped the hardrive clean and reloaded 98 and upgraded to windows xp currently using SP2

i cant get it to the internet. please help me!

A:network connections

What is the model # of your Emachine Desktop? Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager Any devices with yellow flags need to have drivers installed. On internet computer, You can download the drivers for your computer at the emachine drivers site and select your make and model # Then download Chipset, Network Adapter, and any other drivers you need and save them to a USB Flash Drive and transfer them over to this machine

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-connections-655360.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, I have a lap top that I have let my son use, some how he has lost my internet connection, the network connection box is completely empty, I get an error message saying the network connections folder was unable to retrieve the list of network adapters on your machine, make sure the network connection service is enabled and running, when I do try to sign on to the internet it cant find the router, any ideas as to what he may have done and how to fix it, many thanks.

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I recently tried to set up a connection to my linksys wireless router model WRK G I struggled my way through manually and thought I had finally got it However my laptop can't detect any network connections not my linksys one or any of All network gone connections the neighbours ones which usually show up When i turned my laptop on this All network connections gone morning though it showed all the network connections and automatically connected to All network connections gone the linksys wireless that lasted for about minutes before it disappeared completely along with the rest of the network connections I'm currently connected to the internet with an ethernet cable to the linksys router and it's working fine -Ive checked my network adapter realtek and it appears to working fine and it says it doesn't need to be upgraded -All updates are installed on my vista laptop -I have my wireless on - Ghz as is suggested by linksys -SSID is definitely broadcasting from the router -I am able to pick up up the linksys router on my iphone so im sure that it is broadcasting a signal -I am less then feet away from the router with nothing in the way I don't know whats going on I don't know why I got it for like minutes after just turning on and then it couldnt find any connections at all without me changing anything Very confused any help appreciated or just a point in the right direction thanks in advance Smith

A:All network connections gone

Hi Smith,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

Perhaps the following articles will assist you in properly setting up the wireless connection (or re-configuring it as needed):

Here's a tutorial on how to setup a home network (including a wireless one) - check out the additional links for further information that may be of great help: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Setting-up-a-home-network.

Here's an article on troubleshooting wireless network connections (again with helpful links): http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-network-connection-problems.

Here's a long guide on wireless internet connections in Vista: http://www.techwarelabs.com/guides/misc_mod/vistaconnection/.

Here's an article on how to setup wireless internet connection in Vista: http://www.clpgh.org/usingthelibrary/technology/wireless/WindowsVista.pdf.

If that doesn't work, please follow the directions in: Network Posting Tips and either the information you post may help us identify the problem or the procedures you follow may resolve the problem.

I hope this helps. If not, try setting up an entirely new connection after having read the above articles and see if the new connection works any better. If so, just delete the first one and you should be good to go.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/287105-all-network-connections-gone.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi

i have a ADSL connection with a router connected to my local area connection

and i recently brought a HSDPA mobile broad band connection with HUAWEI E156G USB stick

is there any way to use both connections same time? like for download local area connection and for browse HSDPA connection.

sorry for bad english

Thank you.

A:Two network connections

Just tried using both iphone tethering (3G, vodac) and home wireless nework (optus broadband). Both are active and offered internet browsage. As for which using one for download and other other for browsing ???

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/30522-two-network-connections.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I would be grateful for some help please. I have just re-installed windows xp Pro on E Machine 410 2.40GHz.
I am now unable to get a network connection established using BT broadband homehub.
When going into network connections it is saying "empty"
I am wondering if this is anything to do with re-installing modem drivers?
Please help
Thank you

A:Network Connections Not Available

tywanda46 said:

Hi I would be grateful for some help please. I have just re-installed windows xp Pro on E Machine 410 2.40GHz.
I am now unable to get a network connection established using BT broadband homehub.
When going into network connections it is saying "empty"
I am wondering if this is anything to do with re-installing modem drivers?
Please help
Thank youClick to expand...

Did you run the New Connection setup wizard, and what about your Setup Home or Small office network wizard for that computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connections-not-available.548577/
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm running Windows XP Home sp So I suppose I'll start from the beginning I had the game Warcraft III open while I downloaded and installed a program called wc banist which includes the program winpcap All of the sudden I was disconnected from battle net in Warcraft and as it turned out the internet entirely So I checked other computers in the Entirely Is Connections Network Gone house and the internet was Network Connections Is Entirely Gone still good wireless network and the card in my now disconnected computer Network Connections Is Entirely Gone was still good according to the monitor program that came with the card the card is Linksys WRTGS Network Connections Is Entirely Gone I believe So the first thing I did was to reboot and then uninstall wc banlist and winpcap and reboot No go So i launched system restore to find out I had no available restore points which was strange because I allowed it full space in system settings Then I noticed that the little network connections icon that normally sits in the system tray that shortcuts to a menu displaying the speed type and connectivity of a connnection was missing So I went control panel - gt network connections to find the whole folder empty From here I searched the computer to see if it had somehow been moved and I checked to make sure the network connections service was still enabled and turned on The search brought up nothing and the service was still started I searched microsoft for a network services package and found Advanced Network Pack for sp which I downloaded and burned onto a cd with a different computer and then used it to install the pack on my computer Reboot revealed no go THen having lost my own os cd i borrowed my friends xp home sp cd and used to to reinstall networking services through the add remove programs- gt windows components menu No go Next I booted from the cd and ran a chkdsk r in the repair menu Waited reboot No go Finally I booted from the cd again and ran a full repair install When I attempted to login the computer told me i needed to activate now and I couldn't get any use of the computer until i did I tried activating online i knew I would probably need to call msoft to actually activate it again as a final test to see if I had restored my internet but it was no go It couldn't connnect to the internet I'm guessing that means it didn't work I'm going to call msoft today to reactivate my windows and regain access to my computer I would greatly appreciate Anyone that has any idea how to fix this or has any better idea of what the problem might be Thank You Insanely Confused

A:Network Connections Is Entirely Gone

You should have posted here before you used your friends xp disk to re-install windows. Getting a network connection back is generally pretty easy... good luck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-connections-is-entirely-gone-162431.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hi
i have got my hands on a computer
brand is civic
so it can not connect to the internet at all through ethernet or the wireless adapter
so i though it was a virus
so i ran several antivirus from linux as the windows install was buggy
well after nuking several trojans installs / trojan downloaders
i booted back into windows
well now it is more crisper and faster in xp
but still i can not connect to any net works ethernet or wireless
or even find the zero wireless utility (which i am refereed to by the wireless lan adapter utility)
or connect using any thing
of note is also the fact internet explorer wont even launch
network adapters call them selves
sis 900-based pci fast ethernet adapter
802.1g cardbus wireless network adapter(MSI wireless 11g cardbuss cb54g2)
thanks in advance

A:no network connections at all

Since you recently removed malware from your computer, it's possible you are still infected and that is what is causing your network issues.

I would advise having our experts here at TSF verify your PC is clean before we proceed further.

Please read this and follow all steps precisely.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Once our experts verify your PC is clean and you are still experiencing issues, please post back here and we can see what we can do for you

Please be patient, our experts are very busy.

Thank you,

-Coolfreak

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-network-connections-at-all-429390.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I succsessfully setup a wireless router at my friends house!
Its an azurewave aw-gr520.
All was great it was working wired with his destop and wirlessly with his laptop!
I thought i would see if i could get file sharing to work, now its all broke!
I have tried reseting the router to defaults unpluged it, and still nothing.
The internet still works directly from the cable router but now i can not accsess the network settings!
I can not open them on the desktop through the control panel i can not even open device manager.
So i am a bit stuck for what to do!
I do not know if the router is knackered or if it has something to do with the mysterious disapearence of the network settings?
Any ideas/help greatly appricaited!
Using a windows xp desktop.
Cheers Chris

A:Help Network Connections

First off, once you get the router working, you don't need to do anything to the router to configure file/print sharing, so I don't know what happened there.

Reset the router to factory defaults. This is usually accomplished by holding the reset down for 15 seconds with power on. Then you can follow the factory instructions for configuring the router again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-network-connections.626145/
Relevancy 46.87%

I found a page on how to transfer dial up connections from one computer to the next

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBJ/tip4800/rh4847.htm

But how would one go about transfering LAN connections, is there also a folder they are stored in?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-network-connections.321182/
Relevancy 46.87%

hello guys, i hope i'll find a solution here because im not willing to format my C:\ ( I don't feel like it and it's not a big problem and im sick living with it smile.gif )..

When i connect to the internet, The Icon of the two small computers does not go to my Task bar ( near the tasks eg: msn messenger ), until i go to My Network Connections, Right click and press Refresh... i mean it does'nt go automaticaly, same as my network connection when its aquiring the ip, it stays there in my tray until i refresh my Network connections, Anybody knows a workaround ? I don't have any idea why that happened, i don't remember missing with anything ;/

windows xp sp2 pro

Many thanks in advance

A:[Network Connections] please help :(

To get the icon to show in taskbar, go to Settings- Netword connections -Properties- put a check in "Show icon in notification area when connected", ok out and it should work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connections-please-help.330190/
Relevancy 46.87%

My home computer got a trojan not long ago and I was able to clean it. But now I cant access my internet and cant create a internet connection. My Network connection folder is blank. Please help . I am using my work laptop now.

Relevancy 46.87%

When I start up my system it says that I have no internet connection, when I look it shows 2 connections. One is my Home Network which I set up but I also seem to have another Network called Unidentified Network - Public Network which I don't want.
I have to disable the network and then enable and I go back to just having my Home Network. I would rather not have to do this everytime I want to get a internet connection, any ideas to solve the problem. I have tried to delet the Public network but nothing lets me do it.

Alan

A:Network connections

go to the device manager and go down to your netword adapter. reinstall the drivers for your network adapter. that should fix your problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connections.160469/