Windows Support Forum

Are drivers of windows 8.1 laptop compatible with windows 7?

Q: Are drivers of windows 8.1 laptop compatible with windows 7?

So i just clean installed windows 7 so obviously the drivers need to be install manually., however as i install LAN and networking drivers i download from acer's site., it gives me error and failed to install.The LAn realtek gives me error 39 while wireless driver cant be installed (i have downloaded every wireless drivers from acer's site from windows 10 to windows 8.1 and non of them works. Any help? I pretty like windows 7 over 10 and 8.1. And i'm a noob in terms of hardwares.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Are drivers of windows 8.1 laptop compatible with windows 7?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Are drivers of windows 8.1 laptop compatible with windows 7?

Every Windows version has its own drivers.. I mean win8.1 drivers are different from win7 drivers.

Try Windows update inside Windows 7,
Maybe you are lucky and Os finds the right drivers.

Inviato da mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/395781-drivers-windows-8-1-laptop-compatible-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 84.28%

hello there,

i really need to know if there are available drivers for hp compaq nx9110 that are compatible with windows 7? i've tried a couple of things to no avail.

A:can my laptop run windows 7 (i need compatible drivers)

Does HP's/Compaq's website have downloads for Windows 7 or have you tried vista drivers?

Try 7 drivers before vista's

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/68337-can-my-laptop-run-windows-7-i-need-compatible-drivers.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I want to format my laptop and I thought that windows7 would be a nice solution.
However in the acer website it seems that my laptop is not compatible with Windows 7.
What shall I do?
Is there any trick?
I am almost ignorant so if it sounds stupid I apologise

Friwise

A:Non compatible drivers with Windows 7

What's the model of your laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/47501-non-compatible-drivers-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 (32 bit), but now my Lexmark All-In-One X74-X75 printer drivers aren't compatible... well, kind of.

When I first reinstalled the drivers after the upgrade, I was able to use the scan facility of the printer, and print jobs could queue up for printing, but they would not print. When I attempted to update drivers, uninstall/reinstall, etc, I was told the installation was unsuccessful.

I could not find any drivers for my model printer on the Lexmark site, but I was hoping someone out there may have some tips on how I can get around this problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

MelbMuso73

A:Printer drivers compatible with Windows 7

That is an old printer, there are no W7 drivers available for it, time for an upgrade.

http://support.lexmark.com/index?lo...ALLINONE.LEXMARK_X75&searchid=1271172125835#2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-drivers-compatible-with-windows-7.916606/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello, KQ437AA-ABA IQ506Windows 10, 64 BitsBIOS 5.03 Questions: 1. Need a BIOS 5.10 that can be run on Windows 10 Home, the screen is flicking every 10 seconds. The BIOS driver on the HP Support site is for Windows 8 and it does not run on Windows 10. 2. Need a AverMedia TV Tuner Windows 10 driver, or compatible. 3. Once I have the TV Tuner, what free application can I use to watch TV? Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/IQ506-Windows-10-or-compatible-Drivers/td-p/5852463
Relevancy 68.37%

OK so i had been through the whole beta driver scenario with amd's latest windows 8 drivers and it resulted in bsod's...which led me to download and install the stable but old drivers which led to my games having fps drops ,which i think is related to the drivers because with the beta drivers i was getting good fps's , not so much with the stable one's , anyways the question is should i go back to windows 7 because many people including myself are having compatibility issues with windows 8,windows 8.1 when it comes to amd's beta drivers( or just their drivers in general), while the vast majority are having no problems with their windows 7.

A:Is windows 8 really compatible with latest AMD drivers

What device are you looking for drivers for?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543477/is-windows-8-really-compatible-with-latest-amd-drivers/
Relevancy 68.37%

Assume I have drivers for a certain device/motherboard for only Window7.
Can I use them in Windows 8?

And conversly: Can I use Windows 8 drivers in an Windows 7 installation as well?

Are both driver models compatible?

Peter

A:Are Windows 8 drivers compatible with the ones from Win7 ?

All the Windows 7 drivers for my gigabyte GAZ77X UD5H motherboard and the ASUS drivers for an ASUS Z77 chipset motherboard work with Windows 8. I haven't come across any problems with several installations.

I've also checked/updated the Intel devices on the motherboard at Intel and the drivers that they have for my hardware are for both Win 7 64 bit and Win 8 64 bit.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/23745-windows-8-drivers-compatible-ones-win7.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi!

I downgraded the Windows OS from Vista to XP for my friend since the Vista was too hard for him to figure out. However, after downgrading the
OS, I also 'lost' the sound drivers. I tried to download the Realtek AC'97
sound drivers, but got the message that Realtek's drivers were not compliant with Microsoft's 'vendor' policies, so I wasn't able to complete
the download. Anyway, now I need to download another sound driver that is compliant with Microsoft's vendor policies. Does anyone know of such drivers? I'm meeting my friend again on Thursday of this week, and I'd like to have the computer working for him by then. Thanks!

Relevancy 67.94%

Hello.
Yesterday I purchased a new laptop - HP Pavilion 17-f150nm. It came without an OS so I installed Windows 7 32bit. The problem is that I have a few drivers missing:
Ethernet Controller
Network Controller
PCI Device
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
Unknown Device
Unknown Device
I did not get a CD with my laptop and HP offers on their website only drivers for Windows 8 for my laptop. I've been downloading drivers using another computer and burning them to CDs since my USB ports are not working, but none of the drivers seem to be working.. I've been at this for 24hours now and don't know what to do..

A:No compatible drivers for Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... One of the reasons the Drivers on the HP Website will not work is cause they are 64 Bit Drivers ...

If you click on some of the Drivers there they state they will work with Windows 7 64 Bit ...
The problem is really with the Chipset it controls most of the Devices that you have with missing Drivers ..
The Intel Chipset Utility is your only hope ... I doubt it will not Help though ..
Chipset Software — Utility to Identify Your Intel? Chipset

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/356084-no-compatible-drivers-windows-7-ultimate-32bit.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I recently spent about 100 dollars on something that requires drivers to be used, and it does not support Windows 8. It only allows Windows 7 and Windows XP, so i need to know how to get past this and install them anyway. I have tried running it in compatibility mode, but this doesn't install the drivers properly. I am willing to install emulators for running XP or 7, if needed. Please help. 

A:Need to install drivers that aren't compatible with Windows 8

Set up dual boot?? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576715/need-to-install-drivers-that-arent-compatible-with-windows-8/
Relevancy 67.08%

After initially working fine on Windows -bit for several months my old HP Laserjet stopped working all of a sudden months ago for good Since then I have been trying various methods to get it up and running again amp getting nowhere It seems to be a common theme that people's old seems to work fine for the first few months amp then it stops being able to print for no apparent reason Then earlier today I found a lone thread from a very old forum where someone drivers Windows compatible!? update Laserjet not & 7 HP 1100 with the same issue figured out that his stopped working just after a particular HP Laserjet 1100 drivers & Windows 7 update not compatible!? Windows Update he didn't specify the offending update Apparently he deleted all the updates from that day amp behold He got his printer to work again This is the only person I have found out there who seems to have genuinely solved this problem My issue is that because so much time has elapsed since my stopped working I have had literally 's of Windows Updates since then amp have no way of knowing which update caused the HP driver to crash So now I know what has caused the problem but I am still left with a non-working printer and it seems many others out there have the same problem Additionally since the printer stopped working when I unplug amp plug its USB from the computer there is now no familiar quot ding quot noise In my search to fix the problem I uninstalled removed the HP from my computer amp now I cannot reinstall it because it won't recognise that the is plugged in Would love to get it up amp running again as it is a fantastic workhorse amp after all these years still has nothing wrong with it If anyone has any answers would really appreciate it Many thanx

A:HP Laserjet 1100 drivers & Windows 7 update not compatible!?

Quote: Originally Posted by Marascus

After initially working fine on Windows 7 64-bit for several months my old HP Laserjet 1100 stopped working all of a sudden 3 months ago for good. Since then I have been trying various methods to get it up and running again & getting nowhere. It seems to be a common theme that people's old 1100 seems to work fine for the first few months & then it stops being able to print for no apparent reason.

Then earlier today I found a lone thread from a very old forum where someone with the same issue figured out that his 1100 stopped working just after a particular Windows Update (he didn't specify the offending update). Apparently he deleted all the updates from that day & behold! He got his printer to work again!!

This is the only person I have found out there who seems to have genuinely solved this problem. My issue is that because so much time has elapsed since my 1100 stopped working I have had literally 100's of Windows Updates since then & have no way of knowing which update caused the HP1100 driver to crash. So now I know what has caused the problem but I am still left with a non-working printer and it seems many others out there have the same problem.

Additionally, since the printer stopped working when I unplug & plug its USB from the computer there is now no familiar "ding" noise. In my search to fix the problem I uninstalled (removed) the HP1100 from my computer & now I cannot reinstall it because it won't recognise that the 1100 is plugged in.

Would love to get it up & running again as it is a fantastic workhorse & after all these years still has nothing wrong with it. If anyone has any answers would really appreciate it. Many thanx!

It sounds to me like Windows Update installed a new driver for it and if so, then that driver is bad. So I recommend trying to find any updates that were just a driver for the printer and then uninstalling that update.

Additionally (but not instead of the above), I recommend opening Device Manager and looking for the printer. If you find it, then right-click it and uninstall it but also enable the option to uninstall the software too before clicking OK.

I also recommend opening the Device Installation Settings control panel by opening the Start Menu and typing "device i" and then pressing Enter. Or type device installation settings and press Enter. Once it is opened, copy these settings:

I also recommend changing the Windows Update setting to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them".

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/286836-hp-laserjet-1100-drivers-windows-7-update-not-compatible.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have just upgraded to Windows Pro from the Consumer Preview I am using a Virgin Media supplied Netgear WNDA network adapter to connect to a Virign Media Superhub but the drivers for windows network adapter VM drivers WNDA3200 8 not with compatible the adapter don't seem to work with the release version of Win I had the same issue with the CP of Win but was able to resolve it by downloading the version of the WNDA driver from the Netgear website I have tried this and all the other WNDA drivers including the windows beta ones but the adapter still isn't working It seems odd to me that it would work in the CP but not in the full release version of Windows If anyone has any ideas as VM WNDA3200 network adapter drivers not compatible with windows 8 how to go about solving this issue they would be much appreciated EDIT After much frustration I figured out the issue It turns out that the adapter had defaulted to running one of microsoft's drivers which was not working correctly To get around this you need to make sure you already have the driver installed then search for quot Device Manager quot in settings without quotes and open Device Manager Once it's open sroll down to Network Adapters and expand that Then double click on the adapter It should open a small window Navigate to the 'Driver' tab and select 'Update driver' From there go to 'Browse my computer for driver software' click 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer' and click the 'Have Disk' option Browse to where the driver is installed usually under ProgramFiles x Netgear WNDA Driver Win Then continue with the wizard Once it's installed It may time out but it still works unplug the adapter and plug it back in This worked for me so it may work for other people

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/11919-vm-wnda3200-network-adapter-drivers-not-compatible-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi, I have just purchased a HP Pro desk 400  g3 computer that i need for windows server 2008 to be running on. However after install i culdnt find drivers for windows server 2008. So far i managed to just the lan drivers which i downloaded form realtek. can anyone tell me were can i get compatible drivers for windows server 2008 64 bit for this computer. thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Can-t-find-windows-server-2008-64-bit-compatible-drivers-for/td-p/5693831
Relevancy 64.93%

I'm trying to play minecraft and other games but they don't load or display correctly.

Computer: Sony Vaio VGN-CR31Z

All the drivers I download aren't compatible.

Before Win 8 everything worked fine with Intel Centrino.
But Windows Basic Display Adapter is horrible and the only compatible.
Does anyone have any drivers that would work? Everything I've downloaded is not compatible.
Even the Sony Europe website doesn't have the correct drivers, it just makes my resolution weird.
Also my PC needs a driver with OpenGL.. for MC.

A:Can't find any drivers compatible for my laptop.

According to my quick Google search, your laptop has the ATi Radeon X2300 graphics card. There are some threads in this forum section about legacy drivers that MIGHT work with this card. You should check them out.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/19568-cant-find-any-drivers-compatible-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a Toshiba NB-250 it runs windows xp and i want to run windows 7 on it. will it work?

A:Is my laptop compatible with windows 7?

Download Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor from Official Microsoft Download Center

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/is-my-laptop-compatible-with-windows-7-a-689281.html
Relevancy 64.07%

HardwareProduct Name dv AU Product Number GN PA Microprocessor GHz AMD Athlon X Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL- Microprocessor Cache KB KB L Cache Memory MB x MB Memory Max Up to GB Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce M Hard Drive GB rpm Multimedia Drive LightScribe for ? Is NEW 8 WINDOWS laptop my compatible Super Multi X DVD RW with Double Layer Support Display WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen x Fax Modem High speed K modem Network Card Integrated Ethernet LAN Wireless Connectivity a b g WLAN Bluetooth wireless networking Sound Altec Lansing speakers D Sound Blaster Pro compatible sound bit integrated Keyboard key compatible Pointing Device Touch Pad with On Off button and dedicated vertical Scroll Up Down pad volume control mute buttons Quick Launch Buttons PC Card Slots One ExpressCard slot also supports ExpressCard External Ports -in- integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards MultiMedia cards Memory Stick Memory Stick Pro or xD Picture cards USB VGARJ- RJ- Is my laptop compatible for NEW WINDOWS 8 ? stereo headphonesexternal microphoneAC adapterS-Video-outexpansion portExpressCard SlotIEEE aConsumer IR Dimensions cm L x cm W x cm min H cm max H Weight kg Security Integrated fingerprint reader Power W AC Power Adapter -cell Lithium-Ion Li-Ion battery What's In The Box Integrated webcam

A:Is my laptop compatible for NEW WINDOWS 8 ?

I'd upgrade the memory. But it will work.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/6599-my-laptop-compatible-new-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all,

I have just purchased a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ140E from a friend which had vista on it. I was initially just going to do a system wipe for him and give it back from him to sell, then he told me he was only looking to get a hundered out of it >> MINE.

This laptop will replace my netbook with the annoyingly slow hyperthreaded 1.6. Only problem is they don't supply Windows 7 drivers, only Vista.. and only 32-bit. I have attached a full specification sheet from Piriform's Speccy, and a device manager screenshot with what I don't think Windows 7 will pick up automatically expanded.

A:Help finding compatible drivers for laptop with only vista supplied

If you still have Vista on it, run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor

The Win7 installer is mostly driver-complete, with newer arriving quickly via optional Windows Updates. Enable hardware driver auto-updating to assure this: Automatically get recommended drivers and updates for your hardware

Any drivers then missing in Device manager can be found on the Support Downloads webpage for computer model - Vista drivers will work ok - or for the Device itself.

You qualify for Upgrade version with Vista OEM, but I'd wipe the HD to get the cleanest possible install: SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

If you install to wiped HD, the installer will issue a 100mb System Reserved boot partition which conveniently places the Repair Console (normally only on the DVD or Repair CD) on the F8 Advanced Boot Tools menu. So I would choose Custom Install and then Drive Options to partition as you wish and format: Clean Install Windows 7

Leave the Product key blank during install if you wipe the HD, then afterwards do the quick registry workaround given in this tutorial to allow activation with upgrade version key: Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

Install updates and then programs slowly over time to gauge performance after each. Don't let any programs write themselves into msconfig>Startup as they slow startup, become freeloaders on your RAM/CPU and can spy on you. I only allow AV and gadgets. Startup Programs - Change

Use a lightweight free AV like MS Security Essentials which works perfectly with Windows 7 Firewall. http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

When it is finished, clean and order the HD perfectly using state-of-the-art free CCleaner then Auslogics Disk Defragger monthly.
CCleaner - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
http://download.cnet.com/Auslogics-D...-10567503.html

Then save a Windows 7 Backup image externally so you never have to reinstall again, just reimage the HD or replacement using DVD or Repair CD. Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/144483-help-finding-compatible-drivers-laptop-only-vista-supplied.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Im thinking on loading my windows 8 laptop (factory) with a windows 7 SSD, but whenever i look for drivers FOR my laptop on the HP site, its only showing windows 8 drivers avaliable, is there any site that would help me that are GOOD, i know alot of sites such as "driverguru, driversftp, driverdownload.." would have the drivers but could ALSO be malicious..

A:Windows 7 drivers for windows 8 Laptop?

Originally Posted by 403Phaze

Im thinking on loading my windows 8 laptop (factory) with a windows 7 SSD, but whenever i look for drivers FOR my laptop on the HP site, its only showing windows 8 drivers avaliable, is there any site that would help me that are GOOD, i know alot of sites such as "driverguru, driversftp, driverdownload.." would have the drivers but could ALSO be malicious..

I don't know why you want to degrade to W7, you can easily make W8.1 look and feel almost same and your W7 drivers are always going to be a problem. I never run into anything malicious from those "drivers sites" except for them trying to push some other software along with drivers. If manufacturer does not have drivers you need, it means other drivers you find are either altered by someone and therefore untrusty or just relabeled W8 to win7 because most drivers are down compatible.
Did you try Win7 readiness tool.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/48056-windows-7-drivers-windows-8-laptop.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I installed windows 7 on a older hp laptop.

What drivers do I run vista or xp drivers as per this page.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...5930&lang=en&#

Its a DV8125NR with 1.5gb ram

I need the video drivers and sound drivers for this.

Has anyone installed windows 7 from a fresh install IE no update just on a clean HD? What drivers did you run?

A:Windows 7 drivers for HP laptop

My sound does not work with stock windows 7 drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-drivers-for-hp-laptop-409563.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I just bought a gateway ID49C07u laptop that was preinstalled with windows 7. W7 didn't want to play nice with my network at my office and I decided to install windows XP directly over the W7 partition.

I forgot to think about how I would be able to get proper drivers for this motherboard/vid card/sound card etc so that it'll work.

Am I SOL or would I be able to find drivers supported by XP on this brand new machine?

A:XP Drivers on a Windows 7 laptop.

and welcome to the Forum

Have you checked the Gateway support site to see if they furnish XP drivers for that laptop?

What was the problem with win7 and your netwrok? I have just finished upgradeing one complete office to win 7 and everything worked fine ( better than with XP I might add )

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-drivers-on-a-windows-7-laptop-516526.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently installed windows 8 32 bit on my HP 15-d009tu Notebook PC and couldnt find wlan drivers for the same. Where can I find the drivers? hardware id for the laptop is :PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_217F103C&REV_01 

A:want drivers for my laptop windows 8 32 bit

Hi: This driver should work for you... This package contains the driver installation package for the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9000 Series wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64501-65000/sp64676.exe You would also need this bluetooth driver... This package contains the driver installation package for the Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64501-65000/sp64678.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/want-drivers-for-my-laptop-windows-8-32-bit/td-p/5622867
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi Guys, Can some1 plz help me in getting all the drivers for my system. I have installed windows 8.1 in my laptop. Thanks! Regards,Prashant

A:I need all drivers for my hp laptop windows 8.1

Hi: You should be able to use the W8.1 drivers and software from the 15t-ac000 on your model except the BIOS and firmware files. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-ac000-Notebook-PC-series/7771404/model/8381866 Use the latest Intel graphics driver listed...sp72651 Use the Realtek wireless and bluetooth drivers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-need-all-drivers-for-my-hp-laptop-windows-8-1/td-p/5619360
Relevancy 55.9%

i need wifi drivers for my compaq presario cq57 laptop. i am unable to turn on my wireless adapter after updating to windows 10.  Manufacturer: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.Description: Realtek RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi AdapterDriver version: 2013.12.331.2016Physical address (MAC): ?68-A3-C4-76-58-31 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-drivers-for-windows-10-laptop/td-p/5785548
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

Pls help for drivers win8.1/ 64 bit for hp Laptop XB777PA#ACJ

Unfeigned Regards,
Laxman SIngh Kavia

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/WINDOWS-8-1-DRIVERS-FOR-MY-LAPTOP-XB777PA-ACJ/td-p/5852231
Relevancy 55.9%

Can?t see drivers of my laptop when booting with Windows 7 DVD,

I wanted to format my laptop (HP EliteBook 8770w) and thus I booted with my windows 7 DVD but at the step of ?Where do you want to install windows?, I can?t find any driver. As the ?load driver? button is clicked, I got the message shown on the attached screenshot.

What might be the issue here?

Is there some settings at the BIOS level that make the drivers appear?

Thank you

Best

Jamal

A:Canít see drivers of my laptop when booting with Windows 7 DVD,

Will the HDD show in BIOS?
If YES.
You need to download sata controller drivers the HP web site.
SATA Driver - Load in Windows 7 or Vista Setup

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/307051-can-t-see-drivers-my-laptop-when-booting-windows-7-dvd.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey there,
I'm going to install windows 8.1 on my laptop(Acer Aspire 5943g) next month. But i recognised that for this laptop there are no drivers for windows 8,8.1 etc.. Only drivers that i found are for windows 7 64-bit, which I have had installed on my laptop(the laptop is 3 years old so there is no more support). The question is if my laptop will work on windows 8.1 with drivers for windows 7 correctly? Thanks!

A:Will my laptop works using windows 8.1 (drivers)

Have a look at this, it should point out any issues that need addressing. Upgrade Assistant: FAQ - Windows Help

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/46610-will-my-laptop-works-using-windows-8-1-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm looking to update drivers for my new laptop (Product: N3Y37UA#ABA, Model: 13-4195nr). I downgraded from Windows 10 home to Windows 7 Enterprise. Windows update is not working with the Enterprise edition and I've been successful finding some drivers, but not all. I succeeded at installing the drivers for touchpad, USB, wireless, video, and SD card, but would like to install as many as I'm able to. Here is what is showing up as still deficient in the Device Manager: HP Truevision Full HDPCI Device (PCI Slot 4 PCI bus 1 device 0 function 0)PCI Simple Communications Controller (PCI bus 0, device 22, function 0)TouchscreenUnknown device (location 0 port_#0007.hub_#0001)Unknown device (on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System) Thank you! 

A:drivers for a new laptop and windows 7 downgrade

Hi: See if these drivers work for the camera, PCI Dev, and the PCI Simple Comms Controller... This package contains an HP Universal Camera Driver to support the integrated webcams in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74941.exe The Realtek USB and PCIe Media Card Reader Drivers enable the integrated media card slot in supported notebook models running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75104.exe This package provides the Intel Management Engine Components Driver for supported notebook models running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74844.exe If you installed the Intel graphics driver and the touchscreen still isn't working, unfortunately, I would not know why. Please post the hardware ID's for these two unknown devices, so I can figure out what drivers they need. Unknown device (location 0 port_#0007.hub_#0001)Unknown device (on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System) To find the hardware ID, click on the unknown device in the device manager, and then click on the Details tab at the top of the unknown device window. Now you will see a Property drop down list, and it will be set to Device Description. Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's). Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/drivers-for-a-new-laptop-and-windows-7-downgrade/td-p/5721643
Relevancy 55.9%

I am going to uy a new HP notebook (selected Pavillion family and preferable HP Pavilion 15-bc002ur).But i have IT restriction to install MS Windows 8.1. On HP site I have not found the drivers for this device despite it's mentioned in the list (http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ad/windows-10/win7supporteddevices.html) Is it any chance to find MS Windows 8.1 drivers for this or similar device?I need HP with i7 CPU, SSD drive (alone or with HDD), not more 15 inches LCD, not less 8Gb of RAMI heard that Ultra HD resolution may be not supported well on MS Windows 7-8.1.Is it truth? Thank you!

A:HP Pavillion Laptop and MS Windows 7-8 drivers

Hi Please refer to this forum http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/drivers-for-windows-8-not-found/...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavillion-Laptop-and-MS-Windows-7-8-drivers/td-p/5852513
Relevancy 55.9%

Greetings
I m using hp envy dv4-5205tx running windows 8(came with it when i bought the laptop)

I m having trouble running games in windows 8 and prefer running windows 7

So, before doing anything, i tried to find all the drivers needed for my laptop in the official hp site, and I saw that only drivers for windows 8 available for my model since its a new model.

I tried to find the drivers manually, but scared that it might be incompatible with my laptop model. But i seriously want to reformat to windows 7.
Hope you guys will give me some solution to overcome my situation.
Thanks

Relevancy 55.9%

I CANT FIND 32 BIT DRIVERS FOR 15-G222AU FOR WINDOWS 8.1 KINDLY GIVE ME STEP BY STEP HELP

A:DRIVERS FOR LAPTOP 15-G222AU 32 BIT FOR WINDOWS 8.1

Here is the link for the driver http://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/7486438/model/7907078     but i am not sure of what steps you are refereing to.  RegardsSATISHP4 Click " Thumb's up " icon if the question is answered/resolved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/DRIVERS-FOR-LAPTOP-15-G222AU-32-BIT-FOR-WINDOWS-8-1/td-p/5700388
Relevancy 55.9%

I just bought a Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5934 laptop from Best Buy and I figured I would give Windows 7 a try on it as I have multiple computers.

Before I install I just want to make sure if I am going to be okay using Vista drivers for this laptop after the install? I would think wireless/ethernet drivers would be okay but not sure about the ATI graphics drivers or sound.

Am I go for launch or should I be concerned about anything?

-tony

Relevancy 55.9%

I have the hp pavilion 17-049wm. It first had 8.1 but i got rid of it and now i have 7.

I first had to get the lan and wlan drivers and they are working. But i am sure that there are lots more drivers i need to download.

For example Realtek High Definition audio driver.

Is there a free program that will automatically see what i need and download it?

I went to hp's website and all there drivers were for windows 8

On all the desktops that i build the drivers come on the mobo cd but laptops dont come with any cd's.

I dont know what mobo i have in this laptop all i know is it is hp lol

Thanks

A:Installed windows 7 on a laptop that used to have 8.1 need drivers

Hi there ... Any Drivers that are missing after your Install of Windows 7 ... You should run Windows updates after that you should try the Drivers from the HP website .. If they do not work at least you can get the Version of the Driver you need there ... Then go to in your case Realtek High Definition audio driver... Go to the Manufactures website and try the Drivers there ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/314367-installed-windows-7-laptop-used-have-8-1-need-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Dell inspiron it shipped w vista I upgraded to windows bit did a clean install with OTS of help from here in July Dell didn t windows w help on drivers need laptop 7 w/o supported support my laptop with Windows bit drivers I did searching and found a group of bit drivers from dell laptops that were supported and shared the same hardware I think Most of it need help w windows 7 on laptop w/o supported drivers went fine however now I m starting to have some problems or need hardware that originally had problems need help w windows 7 on laptop w/o supported drivers I kinda brushed off for the time My Laptop WILL NOT SLEEP It powers down hibernates instead I believe it to be either a need help w windows 7 on laptop w/o supported drivers Nvidia Display Driver problem b Wireless Mouse usb receiver Windows Action Center says Drivers are causing windows to standby or hibernate slowly Nvidia kernel mode driver Live Cam Auto Console Monitor OEM Mon exe I ve attached some of the event logs maybe someone can interpret them for me One of my USB Devices are suddenly unknown tried updating ect no help I did test each USB port and they all still seem to be functioning correctly It worked correctly for few weeks after I installed windows then suddenly became unknown My webcam console software says no supported device please plug in to continue I'd installed the drivers for it and believed it would help Wish I knew more about this Are there specific windows logs or reports I could find more info that I could post to help in assisting me I know a lot of this stuff would be best answered on Dell specific support forum And I've tried - Get no help or even replies for that matter Would surely appreciate any all help or leads anything I'm stuck completely and don't know what else to try

A:need help w windows 7 on laptop w/o supported drivers

Did Dell support Vista 64 bit drivers for your model? If yes. Try installing them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/185528-need-help-w-windows-7-laptop-w-o-supported-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.9%

HI GUYS.I'm in a bit of a pickle here witm my B50-45 Laptop.I bought it with Win10 and obviously i didn't like it so i put win7 on it straight away.Found all the needed drivers for it except the USB 3.0.I searched for hours online and it seems that win7 drivers for USB 3.0 dont't exist anywhere!They only got win8.1 and win10. Does anyone have any ideas please? except for upgrading windows?PLAESE HELP! I REALLY WANT TO KEEP WIN7

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/B50-45-Laptop-USB-3-0-Drivers-for-Windows-7-64bit/td-p/3449972
Relevancy 55.9%

I have updated my Samsung P C from Windows to Windows The update process appears to have loaded drivers for all the devices successfully apart from the touchpad In the case of the touchpad a Synaptics PS Port TouchPad driver has been loaded it works satisfactorily except that there is no Windows laptop Samsung for 10 drivers option to reverse the direction of two-finger scrolling When the laptop was running Windows the touchpad driver was for a Synaptics PS Port TouchPad and two-finger scrolling worked in the quot reverse quot direction I have tried updating the driver using the Samsung Update facility but this did not help I have checked available drivers on the Samsung web site Windows 10 drivers for Samsung laptop but it only lists Windows drivers I'm sure that the last time I checked it also listed Windows drivers My questions are I have found a site http www driverscape com manufacturers Windows 10 drivers for Samsung laptop samsung laptops-desktops p c- p c that claims to provide Windows drivers for the P C Is it safe sensible to download drivers from sites such as this or would I simply be Windows 10 drivers for Samsung laptop downloading a virus Or can someone suggest where I could obtain a Windows driver Is there any way to check the manufacturer and model of the touchpad without disassembling the laptop Would loading a driver for a different Samsung laptop be an alternative If so can anyone suggest which model ranges would be most likely to use the same touchpad as the P C

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55362-windows-10-drivers-samsung-laptop.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Can someone please get me a list of the required drivers for Windows 10 for my Toshiba laptop.

Also, can someone please assist me with my Toshiba Face Recognition feature? Whenever I try to unlock my computer with my face, it is not recognizing it. There has to be a reason why it isn't working. There is no tape over the webcam lens housing.

My Specs are listed in the Specs area of this forum.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Jesse Williams

A:Windows 10 Drivers for Toshiba Laptop

Have you tried going to the Toshiba support page and searching.

I think this is your computer, But You will have to do your homework to find out if this is actually your computer.
Open the Drivers & Updates tab then select Windows 10 64 bit and select the newest ones.

http://support.toshiba.com/support/m...ext=1200008322

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55510-windows-10-drivers-toshiba-laptop.html
Relevancy 55.9%

i need hp laptop 15-ac040tu full drivers for windows 7 32 bit operating system.. please help me to resolve this..

A:need hp laptop 15-ac040tu drivers for windows 7 32 bit

HP does not support your model for 32 bit operating systems. That is going to be a very hard model to find drivers for. See if these few work... First install the Intel chipset driver and reboot.  2nd file on the page. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility- Next, try this graphics driver...first one on the list is 32 bit. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25274/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Production-Drive... USB 3:  Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file.  The 32 bit drivers are in this file too. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24896/USB-3-0-Intel-USB-3-0-Driver-for-Intel-NUC Then for a lot of the other devices, you can try the W7 32 bit drivers from the HP Probook 450 G2.  Do not use the BIOS or firmware files. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=6943827&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4053    Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/need-hp-laptop-15-ac040tu-drivers-for-windows-7-32-bit/td-p/5854276
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello!I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 15r Special Edition with Windows 8 as it's default operating system. Since I don't like it that much, I plan to format the hard drive (by going into computer-> Right click on C: -> Format) and then to do a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium on it.After the clean installation procedure, I was wondering if I could simply insert the Dell Drivers and Utilities disc into the optical drive and intall the drivers like I would normally do.Therefore, the real question would be: Will the Windows 8 drivers provided by Dell be compatible with Windows 7?Thank you very much everyone.FatLord

A:Planning to downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7. Will the drivers provided on my Dell "Drivers and Utilities" be comp...

I did find this one "Inspiron 15R SE 7520" If that is your model then the Dell website has Windows 7 64bit drivers and Windows 8 64 bit drivers available for download.

I would use the Windows 7 Drivers for windows 7, Just download them ahead of time and burn them to a CD or store on a flash drive so you will have them handy to use.

I would also have my Antivirus ready to install before I went on the Internet.

3rd point. Windows will prevent you from formatting the drive it is installed on. So you have to do it during the install process.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479812/planning-to-downgrade-from-windows-8-to-windows-7-will-the-drivers-provided-on-my-dell-drivers-and-utilities-be-compatible/
Relevancy 55.47%

hi
i have a Dell N5050 but can't have the drivers for xp
please help me if any one have
Thanx in advance

Relevancy 55.47%

Hey folks,

I've recently reserved my copy for Windows 10 on my Asus R500A laptop and when the first time I got that laptop three years ago back in July 2012, it was pre-loaded with Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 edition.

I realized that when its time to upgrade my current Windows 7 system to Windows 10, most of my files and drivers will be brought over to the new operating system.

The only problem is that I'm worrying right now - is whenever I wanted to do a clean install of Windows 10, I want to make sure that I have the "proper" drivers for my laptop that is designed to work with the new operating system.

What advice can you give to me right now in regards to Windows 10 drivers for this laptop?

A:Windows 10 drivers for Asus R500A laptop

After W10 has finished updating and is fully installed, make a restore disk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-drivers-for-asus-r500a-laptop-1021570.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire M5-583p-6324. I went from Windows 8.1 > Ubuntu 14.04 for class, needed it to do Fortran on, and now I decided to go back to Windows 7 in order to do Java on and play some games. However, as was the case on Ubuntu, my wireless isn't working, and I can't seem to find any drivers for Windows 7. Any help?

Here is the thread I made on Ubuntu forums in order to solve my previous issue: [SOLVED] No Wireless Connection on Fresh Install of Ubuntu

Thanks in advance

A:Missing Wireless Drivers on Windows 7 Laptop

Forgot to add, Acer only offers Windows 8 drivers for the laptop model.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/348779-missing-wireless-drivers-windows-7-laptop.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Greetings!

I wanna to intall windows 7 in my laptop (Gateway P-6831FX 32bit Windows vista) but in the gateway page I can't find the drivers for Windows 7, so my question is... is it possible to upgrade my laptop from Vista to Seven even if the drivers r not provide by Gateway?

If is indeed possible where I can find them? anyone have the same problem? or any tip? I really appreciate

Thanks!

A:Laptop Gateway P-6831fx drivers for Windows 7...

Quote: Originally Posted by Angelusx999

Greetings!

I wanna to intall windows 7 in my laptop (Gateway P-6831FX 32bit Windows vista) but in the gateway page I can't find the drivers for Windows 7, so my question is... is it possible to upgrade my laptop from Vista to Seven even if the drivers r not provide by Gateway?

If is indeed possible where I can find them? anyone have the same problem? or any tip? I really appreciate

Thanks!

Hi Angelusx999 And welcome to the forums , Win 7 should find the majority of the drivers straight "out of the box" for those it cant find ,use the Vista drivers in compat mode Compatibility Mode . It is a wisw idea to do a clean install of win 7 Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version that way no problems are carried over from the existing installation , If you need more help just post back

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/112756-laptop-gateway-p-6831fx-drivers-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey all,

I just acquired a new laptop an Acer Aspire E1-510 laptop.
It comes with Windows 8 by default and wanted to install Windows 7, so I did my regular pre-install driver checks, and found out Acer does not have Windows 7 drivers for this model.
I saw in another post that the same thing happened to someone else for a different Acer E1 model and they found the drivers. Could you help me with finding the correct drivers?

Thanks in advance,

Ampie

A:Windows 7 Drivers for Acer Aspire E1-510 laptop

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Run Windows updates .. Then any Drivers that are missing report back ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/340810-windows-7-drivers-acer-aspire-e1-510-laptop.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Performing a clean reinstallation of Windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron N5010. Should I let Windows Update give me everything that I need, and then look for drivers on the Dell website for anything that does not work properly? Because I think that a lot of the stuff that their website recommends you install will end up as useless clutter ...

Thanks

A:Clean Reinstall Windows 7 on laptop - Drivers

Download your drivers from the Dell website before reinstalling.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/264049-clean-reinstall-windows-7-laptop-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My co-worker asked me to find drivers for his new laptop that he downgraded to 10) friend's Need Windows from laptop (downgraded for drivers Windows -bit from Need drivers for friend's laptop (downgraded from Windows 10) Windows I taught him how to install an OS and how to format drives using Gparted awhile back He apparently did that and put Windows on it At Need drivers for friend's laptop (downgraded from Windows 10) work he showed me a computer with a long list of drivers missing when I went into Devices and Printers and saw his system I am the only person that he trusts to find the drivers and install them This includes USB drivers I found one but I could not install it because no network driver and no USB drivers CD Drive works Thank Arceus I need to show up with a disc burned of all the drivers on Wednesday His computer is a HP -f wm and in Devices amp Printers clicking the computer shows this long list that he had to take a picture of and send me when I asked for the model number Ethernet Controller Network Controller PCI Data Acquisition amp Signal Procces PCI Encryption Decryption Controller SM Bus Controller Universal Serial Bus USB Controller Unknown Device Unknown Device Unknown Device Unknown Device Unknown Device Note He only has standard VGA driver for video atm I could not find a single driver There is a post on HP forums where a lady claimed to have found most of the drivers but I could not find a single one There were several replies with about or so more drivers which the OP claimed worked and said that anybody with the same model laptop to get them from there However all but one of the links to those drivers were broken links This was only a few months ago too

A:Need drivers for friend's laptop (downgraded from Windows 10)

The computer was designed for Windows 10 so it is entirely possible some of the drivers you want are not available for Windows 7.

Right click each device in Device Manager. Select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Look at the first line. Copy and paste that line into a Google search or you can go to PCIdatabase.com and look up the Vendor and Device ID numbers to see what if any drivers are available.

Your USB drivers are probably for USB 3.0. USB 3.0 drivers are not native to Windows 7. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605830/need-drivers-for-friends-laptop-downgraded-from-windows-10/
Relevancy 55.47%

Servive tag 6fgvct1

Can anyone kindly direct me to the correct DRIVERS for me? I went to the dell site and cant seem to find the

Network controller
SM Bus controller
Thank you

A:Windows 7 dell laptop..drivers missing

All I am missing now is the network controller driver if anyone can help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-dell-laptop-drivers-missing.1154074/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello who can help me Who tested it this versions I tested and is hard to find the right one I'm An... Windows 730M(laptop) on drivers for 10 Updating talking about drivers on GeForce M on Windows Drivers from mainfacturer i can't use anymore because are no longer supported damage Very good notebook without support nbsp I was choosing between then then then and the last What can be the most Updating drivers for 730M(laptop) on Windows 10 An... reccomended perfomace functionality for laptop on Windows I 'd like to decided by nbsp ratings discussion tested on those five driver versions nbsp Is there anyone who tried some version from those five This topic is about that nbsp I don't want to drivers from NVIDIA EXPERIENCE I mean the newest drivers because -x x are not good by people and newest not equal the best I want to priot set Just keep in mind I am using a Laptop Notebook is Optimus so is always better use drivers from mainfacturer but i can't roll back on Windows nbsp The MS update driver does not always have the best performance and in a lot of cases causes a BLACK SCREEN on reboot nbsp Do u have any experience with this I can't test Updating drivers for 730M(laptop) on Windows 10 An... every versions by NVIIDA GENERIC drivers Maybe have no issues in Win but perfomace is the second thing I had here topic months ago maybe less but answers weren't good So i need serious answer nbsp Thank you and I look forward for answers

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Updating-drivers-for-730M-laptop-on-Windows-10-Anniversary/td-p/461630
Relevancy 55.47%

500-15ISK Laptop (ideapad) - Drivers for Windows 7 Why has suddenly the drivers removed for windows 7 OS 64 bit removed ? http://support.lenovo.com/in/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/500-Series/500-15isk?Homepage:Body_My%... it was there until few days back?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:500-15ISK Laptop (ideapad) - Drivers for Windows ...

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

The Windows 7 drivers are still there, but a glitch with the Operating System selector doesn't show them separately.  You can still view the available Windows 7 downloads by leaving the Operating System selector set as "Pick an OS."  All the available downloads will be displayed and you will have to go through the list finding the Windows 7 downloads. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/500-15ISK-Laptop-ideapad-Drivers-for-Windows-7/td-p/3299174
Relevancy 55.47%

As it says above trying to install 7 on my HP pavilion 17-e049wm witch has windows h8.

I cant stand windows 8 it is way past saving for me. Plus I don't have a touch screen so there is really no need to have windows 8 anyway.

I will save you from the large rant about all the things I cant stand but if anyone would like some entertainment you may ask for the full rant and rage pakage.

Any way do I need to worry about drivers for this machine? I went to hp's website looking for drivers for 7 but they only have it for 8 and 8.1.

If I needed to download drivers what would it be for and were do I get it.

Thanks

Edit: as much as I don't like windows update could it get me the drivers?

Thanks again

A:Installing 7 on a windows 8 laptop. Do i need to worry about drivers?

well i did some looking around and this seems to be a lot deeper than I first realized. Windows 8 uses the new UEFI bios.

That means it wont be as easy as format the hard drive install windows 7. I dont think 7 will work with uefi alone. I have to figure out how to make the bios turn on legacy mode somehow. I don't know all the technical terms that they use as i only stated learning about this new UEFI bios today.

Basically i need new bios to talk to old windows 7.

I may need to go to 8 forums as they might be able to walk me through UEFI. I have created a windows 8 recovery disk so if i screw it up good i should be able to get back were i was. Supposedly.

Wish me luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/314099-installing-7-windows-8-laptop-do-i-need-worry-about-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello who can help me Who tested it this versions I tested and is hard to find the right one I'm talking about drivers on GeForce M on Windows Drivers from mainfacturer i can't use anymore because are no longer supported damage An... Updating drivers Windows 10 on 730M(laptop) for Very good notebook without support nbsp I was choosing between then then then and the last What can Updating drivers for 730M(laptop) on Windows 10 An... be the most reccomended perfomace functionality for laptop on Windows I 'd like to decided by nbsp ratings discussion tested on those five driver versions nbsp Is there anyone who tried some version from those five This topic is about that nbsp I don't want to drivers from NVIDIA EXPERIENCE I mean the newest drivers because -x x are not good by people and newest not equal the best I want to priot set Just keep in mind I am using a Laptop Notebook is Optimus so is always better use drivers from mainfacturer but i can't roll back on Windows nbsp The MS update driver does not always have the best performance and in a lot of cases causes a BLACK SCREEN on reboot nbsp Do u have any experience with this I can't test every versions by NVIIDA GENERIC drivers Maybe have no issues in Win but perfomace is the second thing I had here topic months ago maybe less but answers weren't good So i need serious answer nbsp Thank you and I look forward for answers

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Updating-drivers-for-730M-laptop-on-Windows-10/td-p/461630
Relevancy 55.47%

does anyone know if Dell will be releasing drivers for Wndows 7 64 bit for the Inspiron 1525 laptop and if so when wil they be released? thanks

A:drivers for windows 7 64 bit on inspiron 1525 laptop

Welcome to the forums

They don't even offer Vista 64bit drivers for it (which often
work if Windows 7 doesn't install certain default drivers), so it's unlikely they'll be releasing Windows 7 drivers at all for the Inspiron 1525?

It'll be hit and miss therefore, whether Windows 7 installs drivers for everything (unlikely tbh), and you'll be on your own I'm afraid, in regards to finding suitable drivers if it doesn't

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19311622
Relevancy 54.61%

I have an older printer and a new laptop.

I downloaded the Windows 7 64bit drivers for my new laptop off the HP website and the setup goes well all the way to the end when I connect the printer and wait for it to go through the driver install process. I get to step 7 of 8 and it stalls out for quite a while. When it finally completes it says that the install failed. The driver is not installed. I tried this several times. Even completely uninstalled the printer and reinstalled. I then ordered the disk from HP and tried to install directly from it but I got the exact same problem.

I am assuming the issue is with the computer.

Windows 7 Home Premium

x64 based system

AMD A4-3300M APU

Thanks for any help.

Shannon

A:HP Photosmart C5280 All-in-One drivers won't install on Windows 7 laptop

I have an older printer and a new laptopPlease list the printer and computers Full make and model, as it may not suit your "newer" laptop, also any other details on the printer .Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472435/hp-photosmart-c5280-all-in-one-drivers-wont-install-on-windows-7-laptop/
Relevancy 54.61%

I recently reinstalled windows 7 on my samsung rv511 laptop and now it's running very slow and many features aren't working.

i've been reading forums and chipping away for 2 weeks so far. if anyone has any other ideas, they'd be much appreciated.

here are the main problems i have noticed
1. hdmi connection not working.
2. itunes tells me i don't have hd drivers installed.
3. computer generally running slowly.
4. shift keys and caps lock key often don't work (this was also an issue before reinstall)
5. 3 samsung drivers failed to install on multiple occasions.

here's what i've done so far;
1. reinstalled windows 7 from cd
2. installed all windows updates
3. installed all drivers for my model from samsung website
4. installed all windows automatic and optional updates
5. ran nvidia scan to check for updates (none needed)

i've read on seven forums that samsung computers can be very difficult to reinstall, so any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks

A:Reinstalled Windows 7 - Samsung Laptop - drivers not installing

Please follow these tutorials to provide the current operating environment of your machine.
Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

This is a configuration and log collection tool - ignore the title
Follow OPTION ONE: DM Log Collection
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/338337-reinstalled-windows-7-samsung-laptop-drivers-not-installing.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have just got new Asus X555LA with "FreeDos", Installed windows 7 on it.
*but* i cant find drivers for windows 7, only 8 (and they not work, I have checked).

I installed windows 7 on a lot of pc's- never didn't manage.
Search in google don't show nothing.

What can I do?
Thanks in advanced.

Relevancy 54.61%

Hey Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place but any pointers would be hugely appreciated I'm running an ACER Aspire G laptop which comes with Vista -bit installed I'd really like to give the Windows RC candidate a try but don't want to screw anything up laptop install Windows drivers? video - for Preparing 7 I'm Preparing laptop for Windows 7 install - video drivers? going to add a new partition so I can dual-boot the existing OS with the new Preparing laptop for Windows 7 install - video drivers? one but my major concerns come from ensuring the hardware works acceptably The graphics chipset in the G is a Radeon HD Mobility and I keep it up to date under Vista using the Mobility Modifier software Will the same modified drivers work fine with Windows RC I'm hoping that there might be someone on this board who's been in a similar position Also and this isn't quite on the topic of drivers the laptop has gb of RAM installed - is it worth using a -bit version of Windows RC or does that complicate matters unnecessarily Many thanks for any advice you can offer

A:Preparing laptop for Windows 7 install - video drivers?

hi mate,

i was in the exact same position as you are are lol. I have a vaio though. It has 4 gig ram, the same card as yours. I had windows vista 32 bit too. So i ended up installing windows 7 64 bit on a separate partition and so far no problems!! I also used to use the mobility modder in vista but in windows 7 it hasnt worked for me yet. However in their forums some people report success with those drivers in win7 so i must be doing something wrong. But i dont think there is the need for modifiying the drivers just yet because the ones that install automatically when u install win7 are relitively new as well.

So i would suggest u go for win7 64 bit if u can, but make sure u have the other drivers available for your ACER, like motherboard, audio, etc.. Should be available on their website..

hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/8987-preparing-laptop-windows-7-install-video-drivers.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi Everybody,
Pls advise me as I am really having tough time.
I have got Laptop Dell Studio 1458 which came installed with Windows 7 64 bit edition.
Recently I formatted and installed Windows 7 32 bit OS of my own.
However I am unable to find Windows 7 32 bit edition compatible Drivers for Ethernet etc for my dell laptop.
Pls let me know how or from where can i download 32 bit windows 7 compatible dell drivers.
This is really urgent as I am unable to use ethernet ports on my computer.
Looking forward for guidance.
Pls advise. The below devices are not getting recognized its really urgent.

A:Dell Laptop Studio 1458 - Need Windows 7 Drivers 32 BIT

Quote: Originally Posted by sunandoghosh

Hi Everybody,
Pls advise me as I am really having tough time.
I have got Laptop Dell Studio 1458 which came installed with Windows 7 64 bit edition.
Recently I formatted and installed Windows 7 32 bit OS of my own.
However I am unable to find Windows 7 32 bit edition compatible Drivers for Ethernet etc for my dell laptop.
Pls let me know how or from where can i download 32 bit windows 7 compatible dell drivers.
This is really urgent as I am unable to use ethernet ports on my computer.
Looking forward for guidance.
Pls advise. The below devices are not getting recognized its really urgent.

dell doesnt support 32 bit for that computer. why did you change from 64bit to 32?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172796-dell-laptop-studio-1458-need-windows-7-drivers-32-bit.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My computer was recently pushed an update, thank you Microsoft to Windows 10.1 aka Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade. I noticed immeidately when playing music from MS Groove, that it sounds different. After further investigating, I noticed that I no longer have Beats Audio Drivers, GUI etc. I would greatly appreciate if someone could assist me in getting the Beats Audio.exe so that I can once again enjoy my tunes.  Thank you, Darryl

A:Beats Audio Drivers Are No Longer On Laptop After Windows 10...

Hi, Try downloading and installing the IDT HD Audio software package on the link below - this should also provide the Beats gui. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe When the installation has completed, restart the notebook. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Beats-Audio-Drivers-Are-No-Longer-On-Laptop-After-Windows-10/td-p/5739896
Relevancy 54.61%

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire M5-583p-6324. I went from Windows 8.1 > Ubuntu 14.04 for class, needed it to do Fortran on, and now I decided to go back to Windows 7 in order to do Java on and play some games. However, as was the case on Ubuntu, my wireless isn't working, and I can't seem to find any drivers for Windows 7. Any help?

Here is the thread I made on Ubuntu forums in order to solve my previous issue: [SOLVED] No Wireless Connection on Fresh Install of Ubuntu

Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7: No Wireless Connection Available on Laptop - Drivers Missin

what kind of drivers does your computer use?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/335635-windows-7-no-wireless-connection-available-laptop-drivers-missin.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have just got new Asus X555LA with "FreeDos", Installed windows 7 on it.
*but* i cant find drivers for windows 7, only 8 (and they not work, I have checked).

I installed windows 7 on a lot of pc's- never didn't manage.
Search in google don't show nothing.

What can I do? 
Thanks in advanced.

A:Asus X555LA laptop- windows 7 drivers issues

Hello, and Welcome

Go to Device Manager. Look for any yellow exclamation marks. Right click each device. Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line from each device in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566395/asus-x555la-laptop-windows-7-drivers-issues/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello everyone , As i request as the title , Full Drivers All it , Thanks a lot!

A:Need Drivers For My Laptop , Model : ASUS S300CA - Windows 7 , 64 Bit!

Hi there ... Did you Laptop come with Windows 8 Installed ? I can only find Drivers for that Model with Windows 8

http://www.asus.com/supportonly/S300...rt_Download_36

Most should work

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/302016-need-drivers-my-laptop-model-asus-s300ca-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have created a GB partition on the SATA HDD in this laptop and Laptop drivers SATA XP HP455 Windows for Probook G1 want to install a seperate bootable XP OS The inventory tracking software I need to run will open in the XP virtual machine mode BUT all software functions such as Windows XP SATA drivers for HP455 G1 Probook Laptop report printing sorting and searching do not work Windows XP SATA drivers for HP455 G1 Probook Laptop in the XP virtual machine nbsp When XP setup loads and asks for drivers I have none and setup stops nbsp I have tried nLite but with same results when it asks for a driver to add to the install folder I don't have one If there is a driver on my restore disk that will work where is it located and what is the name nbsp So I need XP drivers that will recognize the SATA drive in my laptop during installation I have copies of either XP SP with SP upgrade or SP available to install nbsp My laptop has a AMD A - M APU with Radeon Graphics and ATI Bios CPE Ver F nbsp Anyone have a solution for me nbsp Very thankful for any help

A:Windows XP SATA drivers for HP455 G1 Probook Laptop

Hi: The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the sata drivers from the probook 4545s. That was the last model HP provided XP support and drivers for. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5229463&swItemId=ob_113188_1&swEnvOid=109... The sata drivers are in the packages folder after you run the exe file or you can use a free file utility such as 7-zip to extract the driver files into their folders.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-XP-SATA-drivers-for-HP455-G1-Probook-Laptop/td-p/4888270
Relevancy 54.18%

I m having a lot of trouble using my laptop since win upgrade The drivers are really very old seems like win drivers have been used especially the BIOS driver which dates back to The boot time has increased alot from seconds to approx seconds Also the Dell logo shows twice once the regular one and one more in which the rotating dots are very slow I ve contacted Microsoft support for the same After diagnosis they said it was a driver issue nbsp Also I ve contacted the DELL support as well but I got the answer as quot Sorry sir your warranty period is over and hence we cannot for 10. Dell Obsolete of windows drivers Inspiron laptop 3537 15 resolve this issue quot I would appreciate the driver updates from DELL software community And also to keep providing updates Obsolete drivers of Dell Inspiron 15 3537 laptop for windows 10. for the laptops series which have closed This is a common problem with DELL stopping software updates for old laptop series Any help regarding the above issue are welcome Thank you in advance

A:Obsolete drivers of Dell Inspiron 15 3537 laptop for windows 10.

vishal1325,
Unfortunately, I cannot say when or if the Windows 10 drivers for the Inspiron 3537 will be updated. However, you may want to istall a fresh Windows 10 upgrade  on your computer. You will need to install the original installed OS on your computer and then upgrade to Windows 10.  I have included some links to help you if you choose to do so.
Troubleshooting Slow System Performance
Inspiron 3537 Drivers and Downloads
Windows 10 upgrade
All recovery images contain the version of Windows that shipped with your system. If you upgraded to Windows 10, you will need to reinstall your original version and then re-upgrade to Windows 10.
Windows Media Backup 
Reset or reinstall Windows 10 on your Dell computer

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19986818
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys This is a pretty detailed explanation of what's AMD Windows (laptop) Radeon? hanging Screen Starting HD6490M drivers been happening while skipping over the petty details On the web trying to order take out suddenly the screen goes black fans go into overdrive and continues like this for about minutes Hold down power button to fully shut down and then restart On restart system hangs at quot Starting AMD Radeon? HD6490M drivers hanging Starting Windows Screen (laptop) Windows quot screen and again fans go into overdrive Eventually after a million AMD Radeon? HD6490M drivers hanging Starting Windows Screen (laptop) way of trouble shooting - find out it was the video drivers causing the issue HOWEVER no matter how many times I removed old drivers and installed new ones the problem persists and eventually decide to completely uninstall and do a clean install of Windows Enterprise After the clean install attempt to install drivers once again and it begins causing the same issue - hangs at quot Starting Windows quot screen and fans go nuts Decide to just soldier on and go without pretty graphics Honestly though not being able to play any games means this laptop has essentially become an unwieldy tablet for all intents and purposes My suspicion is it may be a bad PSU causing the issue by not powering the motherboard enough to properly run the graphics card Does anyone else have any ideas though If it IS the PSU being that this is a laptop and all are there any realistic cheap options for repair I've repaired internals of my previous laptops before but nothing as vital as the PSU Are there any programs or utilities out there that I might be able to try to I don't know Maybe direct power towards the graphics card instead of some of the processors This was my boyfriends OVERLY powerful laptop but after it crapped on him not being at all tech savvy he said I could have it and as its a yr old laptop I am determined to do everything I can to salvage it Thanks for any help

A:AMD Radeonô HD6490M drivers hanging Starting Windows Screen (laptop)

Welcome to the forums.

Where did you get the graphics drivers from? For a laptop, you should only use the drivers that are provided by the manufacturer. In this case, Samsung.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/344802-amd-radeon-hd6490m-drivers-hanging-starting-windows-screen-laptop.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I had drivers ready before I formatted the computer. I got them off of the dell website and they were all specifically for my computer. However, now that I have xp, the drivers will not work.

Does anyone know where I can get the proper drivers for my computer?

Dell Studio 14z
Intel Core Duo
Windows Vista premium (preloaded) but now has Windows XP sp2

Currently, these are yellow ? marked in the device manager:
Coprocessor
Ethernet Controller
Network Controller
PCI device
SM Bus Controller
Video Controller (VGA compatible)

Thank you

A:Formatted my Laptop with Vista and changed it to Windows XP. Now cannot find the proper drivers?

What is your Service Tag number?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/242291/formatted-my-laptop-with-vista-and-changed-it-to-windows-xp-now-cannot-find-the-proper-drivers/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I am new to this forum I have a laptop that I think is still infected with some sort of malware AVG has found and I think removed the following Trojan horse \drivers\etc\hosts How Anti Laptop Found Virus I... Avg C:\windows\system32 Do In Change A Changed, With SHeur AZZX in C Documents and Settings Owner laptop Local Settings Temp comsvr exe bakTrojan horse Generic ACMU Laptop With Avg Anti Virus Found A Change In C:\windows\system32 \drivers\etc\hosts Changed, How Do I... in C Documents and Settings Owner laptop Local Settings Temp laf exeTrojan horse Dropper Agent HHK in C Program Files tmp exeTrojan horse Dropper Agent HHK in C Program Files tmp exeTrojan horse Dropper Agent HHK in C Program Files tmp exeTrojan horse Dropper Agent HHK in C Program Files tmp exeTrojan horse Downloader Adload J in C WINDOWS altvxvm dllTrojan horse Downloader Zlob ACS in C WINDOWS bokpkov dllTrojan horse SHeur AZZX in C WINDOWS cpodedcd exeTrojan horse Downloader Zlob AAQ in C WINDOWS drnpfdxwgv dllTrojan horse Downloader Zlob SE in C WINDOWS etlrlws dllTrojan horse Downloader Zlob SR in C WINDOWS fmsxwqs exeTrojan horse Downloader Agent ADPL in C WINDOWS Installer e e - f - - f - ee f e ac WinSrv dllTrojan horse Dropper Agent HHL in C WINDOWS Installer ee - ce - ec -ac -ac b e cd d zip dllNow when I run AVG it finds a change in C windows system drivers etc Hosts From reading other posts I think I will need some help with this Here is my Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exeC Program Files AirPort APAgent exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS system regsvr exeC Program Files Dcgmxcsz meqwihgv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgwb datC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http softwarereferral com jump php wmid Ojg amp lid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HK... Read more

A:Laptop With Avg Anti Virus Found A Change In C:\windows\system32 \drivers\etc\hosts Changed, How Do I...

Hi,I see you have Viewpoint installed...Viewpoint Manager is considered as foistware instead of malware since it is installed without users approval but doesn't spy or do anything "bad". This will change from what we know in 2006 read this article: http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3561546I suggest you remove the program now. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove the following programs if present.ViewpointViewpoint ManagerViewpoint Media Playerthen, * Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or HereDouble Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/138576/laptop-with-avg-anti-virus-found-a-change-in-cwindowssystem32-driversetchosts-changed-how-do-i-fix-it/
Relevancy 52.46%

I can't seem to get Windows 7 SP1 to load a driver for an HP printer that is on my home network. My laptop sees it but won't let me make it the default printer or load a driver so that I can link to it wirelessly. I restored my laptop back to windows 7
because Windows 10 was moving too slow. I only have 4gigs of memory, and windows 10 probably runs better with 8gigs of memory.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f52ee902-9022-4792-a1df-5a658bebc843/how-can-i-get-windows-7-sp1-to-load-a-print-driver-thatamp39s-compatible-with-the-hp-printer?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 52.03%

We have a lenovo workcentre that we use as a server for a few files* here at work. We are looking to adding a computer to access the server here at work. The server/desktop currently has windows xp pro installed. Every pc we look at has some sort of windows 7 installed. Will a windows 7 OS pc work with a windows xp pc?

* we currently are only sharing one folder that has various test files on it.

A:Windows 7 compatible with windows xp desktop server

I have no problem shareing files between XP and Win7 pc's, but if you want to buy one with XP, look at the Dell Business class pc's . . they can still be ordered with XP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-compatible-with-windows-xp-desktop-server-432656.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My laptop is a Precision M4500, dual i7, Service Tag BN27LN1. I've been looking online but I've found no definite answer to my question. I want to upgrade to Windows 10, it looks nice and I like how it runs on my home desktop and our work desktops. But I'm not certain I want to upgrade if I lose my ability to login via fingerprint. I've got the little Broadcom Swipe Sensor, about as wide as 3.5mm audio jack and about as long as the metal tip protruding from said 3.5mm audio jack. If I do upgrade to Win10, is there any way I'd still be able to use my fingerprint scanner? And will it effect any of the other components of my laptop?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19980078
Relevancy 52.03%

Microsoft has confirmed that it is killing off Windows Media Center in Windows 10. The admission came during a private meeting at Microsoft's Build conference in San Francisco according to a report from ZDNet.

Read more

A:Windows Media Center won't be compatible with Windows 10

How will I watch TV on my TV tuner on Windows 10 if Media Centre ain't gonna be supported??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-media-center-wont-be-compatible-with-windows-10.212637/
Relevancy 52.03%

Not sure i'm in the right forum. If not please be kind to me. I have been running Norton Antivirus - updated subscription with all periodic software updates automatically - in Windows 8.1   When I upgraded to Windows 10, it replaced my Norton
with Windows Defender. And now I can't get Norton to even open.....let alone to replace Windows Defender. I can't figure out if this is a Norton problem (do I need to get a "newer" version that IS compatible with Windows 10)? Or, is it a Microsoft
issue? Thanks for any help.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/25b26d30-110f-4b12-96b5-c86fac3df061/norton-antivirus-in-windows-81-not-compatible-with-windows-10?forum=w8itproappcompat
Relevancy 52.03%

hi Guys,

Very strange......although i am on Office 2010 X64 and have no compatibility problems with Office 2007 (X86)or Office 2003 (X86) in Windows7 i do have issues in Windows 8.

I can open documents (Word or Excel) made in Office 2010, but cannot open those made in Office 2007 (Windows 8).

And yes i know it says "Developer Preview", but still this is odd.

I know Windows 8 is not solid right now, but neither is Office 2010 and this is out for a while.

I hace another question: when i open a Word document and want to save it, i get the message
"Document1 may contain features that are not compatible with this format.

Always standard Windows 8 wants to save the docu as Opendocument text, but i do not know how i can change this in Word docu 97/2003 as a standard. Now i need to change this manually every time

thanks

Jeff

A:Windows 7 files not compatible with Windows 8 (Excel)

Have a look here:

Office 2007 SP2 is released, can indeed save ODF by default

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/3494-windows-7-files-not-compatible-windows-8-excel.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have just bought an HP iPAQ 214, mobile computer. It runs on windows mobile 6.
My home PC runs on Windows 10, 64 bit.
Is there a way that I can get compatability so they will 'talk to one another?

A:Is windows mobile 6 compatible with windows 10, 64

What exactly do you mean by 'talk to one another'?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/windows-mobile-6-compatible-windows-10-64-4606010/
Relevancy 50.31%

My OS WINDOWS ISP - ATT Yahoo - e mail program windows mail Will windows accept windows mail mail windows windows 10? compatible with automatically or will there be additional steps and or uploads as windows is installed Maybe a few more details as to my set up will bring additional replies My original computer had Vista OS and e mail program was quot Windows Mail quot ISP was Att windows mail compatible with windows 10? Yahoo When my mentor helped set up present laptop Came with Windows she took the easier route by not changing my e mail program to Outlook or Windows Live Mail Now I send and receive e mail thru ATT Yahoo to Windows Mail Now before I go to Windows I would like some advice and comments - i e - Will my Windows Mail smoothly transfer to Windows Essentials as I install Windows And if not can suggested routes and steps be given to assist me in the transfer I prefer not to change to Windows LIve Mail Yahoo or Outlook Thanks for any help

A:windows mail compatible with windows 10?

The Windows 10 Mail App now supports POP3

Although it is still a web-based email program (no email save to local drive)

Windows Live mail is a Local email program ( email storage on local drive)

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/69768-windows-mail-compatible-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Is Windows 7 compatible with Windows XP?

A:Windows XP Professional compatible with Windows 7

Thats a very vague question. I believe you are asking if you can upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7, yes? Well, if so you wouldn't be able to do a direct upgrade. It would require a clean install.

Though is Windows 7 is compatible with your computer? I'd need your computer's model number or Dell Service Tag (should be somewhere on the back of the case) to tell you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/84448-windows-xp-professional-compatible-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Anyone know if you can transfer word documents from Windows CE 6.0 which is the OS on many 7" mini netbooks, over to Windows 7. I am a screenwriter, and I would like to write on the go, so I would like something with a keyboard as opposed to touch screen. I've seen many for under $100 so that's pretty much my limit.

Thanks for any info.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436187/windows-ce-60-word-doc-compatible-with-windows-7/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I recently downgraded my computer to Windows XP because I prefer that OS over windows 7, But now I need to install my drivers included in my laptop, But when I do The device will not start or will not install.. Someone please help (Also, Please do not tell me to upgrade back to 7 as I do not have the disks or the money to do so.).

A:Drivers Not Compatible

your best bet is to go to the acer website for that model to get the drivers, my acer is an even earlier model that was originally recorded as vista/W7, so i doubt if your going to be successfull.

note if your PC was originally W7 you can use the factory restore option no cost involved

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/377180-drivers-not-compatible.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hey i got ASUS M3A motherboard atm, with Windows Vista OS. I am about to reformat my computer because too much junk etc. but my question is: my motherboard came with a driver and it says "vista driver inside" on the label and my pc screen says "confertifed for windows vista"

the problem is can i use my motherboard driver once i installed windows 7? i tried looking at the manu site, but there is no driver for my mobo for windows 7 :/ . also what other driver would i need to install after installing windows?

A:compatible drivers?

Welcome!

The answer is almost certainly yes, you can run Windows 7. Be sure to run the upgrade adviser, first, just to make 100% sure.

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/win...e-advisor.aspx

~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/62254-compatible-drivers.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am hearing that ms has stopped support for xp So i am planning to switch to server which has an extended support for upto I downloaded non drivers compatible a trial version of the server r enterprise edition with service pack installed it as second os and updated the os to latest fixies The very first stumbling blok came as i was installing the drivers it says the drivers non compatible drivers are not compatible for the os the only driver that was installed was the chipset driver and the ethernet card i have one extra d-link ethernet card installed in the pci slots the graphics drivers are also the default drivers that came with the os other devices is also showing a yellow question mark pic included i probed for the high definition audio drivers for my motherboard and server the one that came did not install then somebody suggested to change the property of the install file and make it compatible to xp i did that too but during installation it said that the xp installed is not service pack so that option too failed i am giving all the details of my system thanks in advance Computer Operating System-------Microsoft Windows Server R Enterprise Edition OS Service Pack---------Service Pack DirectX ----------------------- DirectX c Motherboard CPU Type-------------------------DualCore Intel Core Duo E MHz x Motherboard Name------------DG FB PCI PCI-E x PCI-E x DDR DIMM Audio Video Gigabit LAN IEEE- Motherboard Chipset----------Intel Bearlake G System Memory---------------- MB DDR - DDR SDRAM Display Video Adapter---------------------Standard VGA Graphics Adapter KB D Accelerator--------------------Intel GMA Multimedia Audio Adapter---------------------Realtek ALC S T Intel IB ICH - High Definition Audio Controller South Bridge Intel IH ICH DH South Bridge Properties South Bridge----------------------------------Intel IH ICH DH High Definition Audio Codec Name----------------------------------Realtek ALC S T Codec ID---------------------------------------- EC h h Codec Revision-------------------------------- h Codec Type------------------------------------ Audio Supported Sound Formats---------------- kHz kHz kHz kHz -bit -bit -bit PCI Express Controller PCI-E x port ------------------------------Empty PCI-E x port ------------------------------In Use x Marvell SE Serial ATA II Host Controller PCI-E x port Empty PCI-E x port Empty PCI-E x port Empty nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/non-compatible-drivers.737483/
Relevancy 50.31%

I just got a message in the action center of this computer today saying that my Video Card drivers are not compatible with Windows 7, yet I'm having no problems with them, any idea what is going on?

Video card: Intel 845G

A:Non-compatible drivers?

Hi,
have a look on here Intel Integrated 845g Chipset Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/131259-non-compatible-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Setup CD for Vista, and if i put it to compatibility mode it installs all the drivers. But how can i know if the Drivers are working correctly?

And, my PC has low framerate in Flash Games ( When intense ), but that isn't normal is it? The flash player version is 10.

Thanks,
Alex.

A:Are Vista drivers compatible with 7?

I'd say go into device manager and see if they are recognized.
Just type device manager into the start menu

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/15807-vista-drivers-compatible-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm just trying to get Aero working and it's saying my driver isn't compatible quot The current video card may support Aero with a driver that is compliant with the Windows Display Driver Model WDDM Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM-compatible driver quot I've got the Standard VGA Graphics Adapter and haven't really been able to find a drivers there.. Are WDDM there out compatible any solid answer if there Are there any WDDM compatible drivers out there.. is a compatible driver If there is no driver can I just install a different graphics adapter or will I Are there any WDDM compatible drivers out there.. need a new card I'm just gonna paste the whole dxdiag since I'm not sure exactly what you would need Thanks for any help ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name CHRIS-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build win rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire BIOS InsydeH O Version V Processor AMD E- Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Manufacturer Standard display types Chip type AMD ATOMBIOS DAC type bit Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory n a Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model Monitor Id Native Mode Output Type Driver Name vga Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE -DB - CF- - AEC CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name Unknown Rank Of Driver Unknown Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Speakers - High Definition Audio Device Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN F amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name HdAudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo'd Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Microsoft HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description Microphone - High Definition Audio Device Default Sound Capture Yes Default Voice Capture Yes Driver Name HdAudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x Format Flags xFFFFF ------------------- DirectInput Devices ------------------- Device Name Mouse Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Device Name Keyboard Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Poll w Interrupt No ----------- USB Devices ----------- USB Root Hub Vendor Product ID x x Matching Device ID usb root hub Service usbhub Driver usbhub sys bytes Driver usbd sys bytes ---------------- Gameport Devices ---------------- ------------ PS Devices ------------ Standard PS Keyboard Matching Device ID pnp Service i prt Driver i prt sys bytes Driver kbdclass sys bytes ... Read more

A:Are there any WDDM compatible drivers out there..

Quote:
If there is no driver can I just install a different graphics adapter or will I need a new card?

No you cannot install a new card as it is a laptop and the GPU is integrated into the CPU. As far as the driver goes the only one that will work with it at this time is the one available from Acer,

Acer Support: Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook / Aspire / Aspire 5253

as the Fusion CPU/GPU isn't supported in the reference AMD drivers.

P.S. While you're at it you haven't installed the audio driver yet either. Get it from the above link as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/196998-there-any-wddm-compatible-drivers-out-there.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, I've been reading some answers for my question, but i still havent find the right one.
Basically, Im runing windows vista and I want to format and install XP. Many people say "backup the drivers or download the drivers from your computers manufacture" but my question is: Are those drivers gonna be compatible with XP? Can I be sure that the motherboard will accept working with XP (its a new computer and it cames with Vista installed)
I really appreciate if you can answer my question.

Thanks.

Paul

Relevancy 49.88%

Okay. this is simple, im looking for drivers that will allow XP to upgrade to windows home premium, ive tried to nvidia forums but they act like i never even registered, ive been searching for hours. I need drivers that work with XP and will carry on into vista without a problem. Do these work? http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_96.85.html

Relevancy 49.88%

I have an HP DV4-1147cl. There are no XP drivers on HP site yet and I'm just about fed up with Vista. MS needs to take it out back and put it out of its misery.

Anyone else have a similar model and discovered XP drivers that work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-dv4-1147cl-xp-compatible-drivers.788528/
Relevancy 49.88%

Whenever I try to install the newest video drivers from Nvidia (182.50) my computer will not detect the driver at all. There is no nvidia control panel or anything, almost as if I had never installed drivers. When I install previous drivers it runs normal. Only when I try to install the newest driver it borks on me. Here's what I have tried so far

downloading from the manufacturer
re-downloading from nvidia
removing old drivers first
reseating the card.
reformating the computer

Here are my current system specs
Mobo: P4M800PRO-M
CPU: Prescott P4 3.0 GHz
RAM 2048MB DDR1 400 GSkill ram x2
VGA: eVGA 7600GT AGP

Any and all help is appreciated :D

A:Graphics drivers not compatible?

Is there an important reson for updating?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/221563/graphics-drivers-not-compatible/
Relevancy 49.88%

hi guys i just bought a second hand stupid pc not worth a buck and indeed payed just some penny's and i reformatted it completely now i'm stuck by the drivers i already did a few times laptops that was very easy you go to the manufactures site and u find you'r model and u just start downloading the drivers but this a desktop and i have no clue where to start

A:downloading compatible drivers

Quote:
second hand stupid pc not worth a buck

Colorful, but useless description of the device.

You need to find out what hardware is in the PC in order to locate drivers for that hardware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/346071-downloading-compatible-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I plan to buy a new notebook with pre-installed Windows 8

I don't want to use Windows 8 but use Windows 7 instead.

Can I remove Windows 8, then install Windows 7 and use the drivers from Windows 8?

Peter

A:Are Win7 drivers compatible with those of Win 8 ?

Maybe, if they list windows 7 drivers I would use them. I've installed Windows 7 and Windows 8 on my two desktop PC's that have ASUS motherboards and a lot of the drivers are the same for Windows 7 and 8. They will say compatible with Windows 7 x64 and Windows 8 x64 in the description and you will get the exact same download regardless of which OS you select. My new laptop came with Windows 8 but also lists Windows 7 drivers in its downloads. Before you buy just go to the support page for the one you plan to buy and see if there are Windows 7 drivers available for it. If they are dedicated Windows 8 drivers they may not install, you'll get a this OS not supported or something similar message. You could also Google that model to see if anyone tried the OS swap and ran into problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/282158-win7-drivers-compatible-those-win-8-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Friends,
Hello.
Since my lap top is quite 'old' with Windows XP reinstalled, there is confusion with regards to the display driver and the Ethernet adapter. I managed to get to some Websites which correctly identified these but d/l not possible?, maybe there is a equivalent driver avail now with a different name But b4 I install something thought it is best to get some expert help first

The lap top is Tundra 1557 MS 2141.
The display driver identified as
Mobility M10 version 6.14.10.6404, created on 11.13.2003
and
the Ethernet adapter is
Intel 8255x PCI 10/100 version 5.42.22.0 created on 7.1.2001

Kindly adv if any links avail for these and/or any updated equivalent are around now.

Thx a ton for all the help. Cheers

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi everyone I have a Gateway Mx7118 laptop and it doesn't seem the Windows 7 recognizes the videocard. I downloaded and installed Catalyst suite from ATI's website but the system still reverts back to 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter". Can someone tell me if there are drivers compatible with this system and any extra steps to replace the default graphics adapter?

A:Gateway MX7118 any compatible drivers?

iztel, welcome to the forums.

The reason that the Catalyst suite didn't install is there is no support in it for the chipset or video adapter in your laptop (ATI RS480M and Xpress 200M), which have both be relegated to legacy status and as such there will be no Windows 7 drivers for them. Also means that Gateway will never have anythng as they have to get the drivers from ATI.

You can try the Legacy driver from ATI,

ATI Catalyst? Legacy Display Driver

no promises it will work as you have a laptop, but it does work for the desktop products it supports quite well in Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/95479-gateway-mx7118-any-compatible-drivers.html