Windows Support Forum

i just bought an HP Pavillion all in one pc 27 but my pc gam...

Q: i just bought an HP Pavillion all in one pc 27 but my pc gam...

i just bought an HP Pavillion all in one pc 27 but my pc games starts to have slow motiion problems every time i try to play evil within?i cannot play it properly i just unboxed it 4 days ago?why is it?Intel Core i7-6700T with Intel HD Graphics 530 (2.8 GHz, up to 3.6 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)27" Full HD 1920x1080 Touch Screen DisplayAMD Radeon R7 360 4GB Graphics16GB DDR3L RAM2TB 7200rpm Hard Disk4x USB 2.02x USB 3.01 headphone/microphone combo3-in-1 memory card readerDVD Super Multi DriveB&O PLAY Audio802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth 4.0 comboWindows 10 Home 64why?!..............................please help me to solve this technical problem.thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/i-just-bought-an-HP-Pavillion-all-in-one-pc-27-but-my-pc/td-p/5610725
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: i just bought an HP Pavillion all in one pc 27 but my pc gam...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 66.22%

i just bought an HP Pavillion all in one pc 27 but my pc games starts to have slow motiion problems every time i try to play evil within?i cannot play it properly i just unboxed it 4 days ago?why is it?Intel Core i7-6700T with Intel HD Graphics 530 (2.8 GHz, up to 3.6 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)27" Full HD 1920x1080 Touch Screen DisplayAMD Radeon R7 360 4GB Graphics16GB DDR3L RAM2TB 7200rpm Hard Disk4x USB 2.02x USB 3.01 headphone/microphone combo3-in-1 memory card readerDVD Super Multi DriveB&O PLAY Audio802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth 4.0 comboWindows 10 Home 64why?!..............................please help me to solve this technical problem.thanks!

A:i just bought an HP Pavillion all in one pc 27 but my pc gam...

Hello @mdbonayon1973, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I read your post about the performance issue, and wanted to assist you! To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the desktop?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:HP Customer Support - Products In the meantime, do you only have this issue while trying to play The Evil Within?  I understand that the desktop is brand new.  Have you tried updating all the Graphics, BIOS, and Chipset drivers?  You can also try reviewing the following documents:HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 8)HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10) Double check that the game is not taking over the desktop.  Strange things may begin to happen around Chapter 5! Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great weekend!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/i-just-bought-an-HP-Pavillion-all-in-one-pc-27-but-my-pc/td-p/5610725
Relevancy 64.93%

I just bought pavillion x2 12 and when I separated the screen it stopped working after a while even after turning on the tablet mood and after reconnecting the keyboard !

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Just-bought-hp-pavillion-x2-12-inch-and-when-I-sperated-the/td-p/5677989
Relevancy 64.07%

I say either DV6500 or DV6000, because my computer says both (the stickers say 6000, the systems stats say 6500 lol)

When you guys bought a HP Pavillion DV6500/6000, it came with a Microsoft Word right? Unfortunately, that Microsoft Word was limited if you don't put in a 25 digit code.

Did that 25 digit code come with the computer when you guys bought it? I looked all over my box, the computer, and I couldn't find it. It's a really great program, and I'd love to keep it, but if I don't input a 25 digit code within 20-some uses, it'll become useless (I can open but I can't edit).

Did HP Pavillion DV6500/6000 laptops come with the Microsoft word's 25 digit activation key? Thanks!

A:Solved: For anyone who bought a HP Pavillion DV6500 or DV6000...

Some of these machines come with WORKS not WORD.
Also most have only a trial version of Office which is good for 90 days.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-for-anyone-who-bought-a-hp-pavillion-dv6500-or-dv6000.698994/
Relevancy 49.02%

Instead of sending the activation code to my sign-in email it was sent to my reserve email which no longer exists on the system I sent the new telephone number this has been changed but I am still Live bought Office but were I out bought of my and 365, computer, telephone my both logged account, into date. the email not able to open any of my Office applications Yet I will be charged the renewal from the date I put in the product key When one has a product key and then signs in to Live why does this then not activate Why when you have changed to my new telephone number have you not sent me an activation code With my reserve email dead you do not allow me to change it The only other email I use is Gmail they are much better than Windows Live I only use Windows Live to allow me to put new programmes I bought my computer, bought Office 365, logged into my Live account, but both the email and telephone were out of date. onto my computer and as usual ten days later I have no use of the programme I bought So typically Windows I have used you since the day you began what went wrong You used to function once These last years have been hell I wish I had bought an Apple computer and changed everything to Apple Each time I buy a new laptop these same issues come up Please give me access to the Windows Office I bought and put on my computer Jeffery Frederick Harold Windsor-Sezibwan-Rurikovich-Schiewe

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b8bfadd1-e7c9-4f99-bb63-1be5a56c8d8e/i-bought-my-computer-bought-office-365-logged-into-my-live-account-but-both-the-email-and?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 33.97%

Where are the best places to buy Ram and another hard drive for this thing? I got it with everything I wanted but I was not going to pay the outragious prices for ssd and 64 gb of ram.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/I-just-bought-a-P50/td-p/3350991
Relevancy 33.97%

I was pretty well liquored up last night and happened to wander into Newegg. Well...one thing lead to another and I somehow left the place with a processor and a bill for $193. Go figure....LOL

Intel Pentium 4 2.4BGHz 512K 533MHz CPU Northwood P478 Processor Retail Box

Anyway.....

The last two machines I built were AMD (Duron 900, Athlon XP2100) and I felt pretty comfortable making my own choices for mobos. The P4 Northwood is another story........

Can anyone reccomend a good board for this chip? I have heard that the Intel boards are best for the P4 and something about a specific chipset. Also, does anybody have this processor already and perhaps let me know the pros and cons or do's and don'ts.

The machine built around this chip will be primarily for high-end graphics rendering and SETI number crunching.

Thanks

Relevancy 33.97%

hi all just bought a laptop do i need to leave the modem and the router on all the time even though im not using the destop or laptop cause i have a habbit of taking the plugs out help please

A:just bought

No, and in fact it is much safer to shutdown your PC when not using it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-bought.443572/
Relevancy 33.97%

HI just bought 1GB DDR pc3200 400Mhz. But Using a program called advanced windows care pro it says in both slots theres only 512mb in each one =\ . Isit me or the computer , do i need to put the bigger ram in the first slot?
Thanks.

Relevancy 33.97%

Hey i was wondering if anyone would look at my specs of the pc i have just bought and get back to me on what they think, and if it was a good deal. thanks very much.

Relevancy 33.97%

Microsoft I purchased a computer from a company that builds computers and it came with win 8.1 enterprise i have win 8.1 pro is there any way to roll back this edition so i can get the win 10 upgrade i didnt know when i bought it now im stuck with this
and no way to upgrade without wiping all my apps and files i dont have the money for any more drives to back up before the upgrade period is over don't want to loose my files 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b83eee8a-0c06-48e6-a91f-c27612fc49fc/help-i-bought-this-and-i-need-that?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 33.97%

This machine has XP corporate addition (cracked) on it now. It is a dual booted system using Master Booter. I would like to keep my current 98 installation. Can I use my legal copy to repair the existing XP OS or do I need to re-install from the start? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Bought XP SP2

I would do a fresh reinstall of the xp with the legal version to remove all traces of the illegal one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/10253/bought-xp-sp2/
Relevancy 33.54%

When I turn it on it says:Boot from AHCI CD-ROM :NVIDIA Bott Agent 249.0542Copyright © 2001-205 NVIDIA CorporationCopyright © 1997-2000 Intel CoporationCLIENT MAC ADDR: 00 1D 72 B5 50 C9 GUID: 00A7820B-FC69-1410-94A8-EA0CE930EFF0PXE-E53: No boot filename receivedPXE-M0F: Exiting NVIDIA Boot Agent.DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTERI just bought this computer. It did not come with a system disk. What do I do?INFO: Model: Aspire X1200; Rating: 100-127/220-240Vac, 6/3A, 60/50Hz; Windows Vista Home Premium

A:Just Bought a New ACER

Call ACER and ask them since its brand new or take it back to the store.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311539/just-bought-a-new-acer/
Relevancy 33.54%

Or do I just not know how to set up a sata drive? I have a 250 GB SATA drive that most of the time when I try to copy files to/from it causes my system to freeze/reboot. I know its the drive because I took it out for a few days and it didnt freeze up once.
I hooked the drive up, installed the SATA drivers for my mobo then I used Western digital lifeguard tools to set it up. It works and shows up im my computer but freezes up when I try to use it. Can installing this thing worng cause this or just a bad drive??

Relevancy 33.54%

LOL well I bought it / Bad I A Bought Have Laptop... Egg new its not so much have I bought a bad laptop in the I bought it second hand off E-Bay and now that bargain is coming back to haunt me sense its more along the lines of everything seems to be going wrong with it Now admittedly it is my first laptop but I m a veteran of the desktop PC and in all honesty I can t see why there would be too great a difference between them so let me fill you in on the detail and why I think its a Have I Bought A Bad Egg / Laptop... bad egg I ve had the laptop for under days bought as a Christmas present The laptop is listed as having MB of shared Video Memory expandable to MB which I ve still not figured out how to Have I Bought A Bad Egg / Laptop... do yet when it Have I Bought A Bad Egg / Laptop... came to running a game which required MB of Video Memory as a pre-install condition I was told I wasn t able to install the game as I only had MB of video memory Running AIDA my two RAM sticks are recognised as MB each yet when it comes to the overview screen which totals the RAM it tallys to MB instead of MB I ve been unable to play Counter-Strike from it it runs I might enjoy one game then I m cut down by the now infamous WSAEINTR error its commonly attributed to some defect in the Winsock area but the speculative remedies I ve tried have failed to rectify the problem As of today my HD appears to be failing it was a very sudden thing had no troubles up to this point but earlier today I was watching an avi stored on my HD and at a couple points the sound became rather bitty I ran a game afterwards which had previously ran fine and the system seemed to be struggling to cope with its requirements exited to see if I had inadvertantly left something in place which was zapping my RAM I found nothing then I was hit with one of those Blue screens which reported a Critical Error and forced me to unclip my battery to get a restart now ever since restarting XP takes FOREVER to load up from the boot screen and when it gets to the Welcome screen and the wav plays it is all broken up as if its unable to be read from the HD if I run games then things like the sounds on them experience the same break ups and the game is unable to run smoothly now I can hear that faint clicking noise that I ve had when previous desktop HDs have failed on me and that falls in line with the super-extended boot up time I m experiencing Burning DVDs off from the laptop struggles its an speed Dual Layer drive and when it comes to burning off a DVD which is stored as an img on my HD the quoted time will be something like min but it then manages to go on burning for minutes or so could that have been an early sign of my HDs demise As a last point the laptop was a customer return but for the reason that they realised it wouldn t meet their demands for a gaming machine very shortly after buying it I know they re all minor points but culmulatively and given whats happened they ve been given a little more significance Should I be taking this back to the store and asking for a replacement given that it was purchased on rd December or am I resigned to dealing with Gateway who manufacture the laptop Also do any of the problems listed above really indicate where a specific problem lies Responses are much appreciated nbsp

A:Have I Bought A Bad Egg / Laptop...

I'd take it back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-i-bought-a-bad-egg-laptop.432535/
Relevancy 33.54%

Just bought a new desktop 2TB/8GB RAM. I plugged it to the Master Socket of my usual Intelliplug Adapter with the Printer and Monitor plugged to the Peripheral Sockets but the peripheral sockets powering printer and monitor keep tripping ON and OFF. I thought probably the Intelliplug Adapter is now too old for the new unit so I bought a brand new one but the problem persists. What could be the problem? Hitherto the Intelliplug Adapter was working fine with the old computer. What I notice though is that the new Desktop is powered by 12v stepped down from the mains. Can that be an issue? Please help I've enjoyed switching all units ON and OFF at the same time.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/just-bought-new-desktop-2tb8gb-ram-4600707/
Relevancy 33.54%

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145503

Ok, my main reason for owning a pc is for gaming. To be more exact, online gaming.
I cant wait to get it and put this into my pc. See how it performs. I though if was gonna upgrade memory right now, i might as well go with something thats gonna make it worth it. Of course, it cost 300 $ which included tax.
HEre is my current specs for pc.

Amd Athlon 3200 64 bit
512 mb ddr pc 3200 memory (singleslot) [2 gig soon enough ]
k8t neo motherboard
Onboard soundcard
200 gb western digital hd
pioneer dvd burner + cd burner
dvd rom unknown brand
ATi radeon 9800 pro 128 mb video card.

Relevancy 33.54%

Now neither CD drive is recognized by Device Manager, I'm sure this is a simple fix.So

Would you guys want:
A: Everest LOG?

thanks,

A:Well I bought a new burner put it in

Try this fix (for Windows Xp)

Save the reg file to Desktop (right click->Save as)
Double click on it
Yes merge to registry
Restart
Reply back

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/well-i-bought-a-new-burner-put-it-in.106268/
Relevancy 33.54%

I bought this today for under 12.00. That is a substancial discount for a one year subscription.

Here is the code (botfrei70)

https://malwaretips.com/threads/if-you-like-heimdal-i-just-bought-1-yr-for-11-00.51653/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi guys I just bought a new computer and it is in the process of being built I new a computer..... bought Just love gaming and im buying the system to replace my current one which has been unable to play new games for a while now P w Megs Ram Anyway i probably should have asked this before i bought it but would this system Just bought a new computer..... be able Just bought a new computer..... to play most games out there well and with most of the graphics options maxed out Thanks guys CAS Hot New CoolerMaster Mystique Tower W Case - Black Color CASUPGRADE in COLD CATHODE NEON LIGHT RED COLOR S FAN Extra Case Cooling Fan x Fans CPU Sckt Intel Core Duo E CPU GHz FSB Just bought a new computer..... x MB L Cache EM T CD Special Price X DVD R RW CD-R RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER BLACK COLOR FAN CoolerMaster Liquid CPU Cooling System Superior Cooling Performance Extreme Silent at dba HDD Single Hard Drive GB SATA-II Gb s MB Cache RPM HDD KEYBOARD PS Microsoft BLACK MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD MOUSE Logitech MX Gaming-Grade Optical Mouse MOTHERBOARD Quad-Core Supports ECS P T-A P Chipset LGA Supports Core Duo CPU FSB DDR Mainboard w GbLAN USB amp Audio - MEMORY Req DDR MainBoard GB x GB PC DDR Dual Channel Memory Corsair XMS Xtreme Memory w Heat Spreader NETWORK ONBOARD NETWORK CARD OS Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium -bit Edition POWERSUPPLY Watts Power Supplies Ultra ATX Power Supply Watts XVS Modular - SOUND HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO SPEAKERS Logitech X- Configuration Speakers System - TEMP THERMAL TEMPERATURE LCD DISPLAY WITH X FAN CONTROLLER BLACK COLOR USB Built-in USB Ports VIDEO NEW NVIDIA GeForce GTX MB X PCI Express XFX Extreme Edition Powered by NVIDIA WAP Netgear WGT Super G Mbps Cable Router nbsp

A:Just bought a new computer.....

I don't think you'll have any problems in my opinon. But as usual ask for a second opinon.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-bought-a-new-computer.592066/
Relevancy 33.54%

I just bought a new 9 cell Battery for my Dell Inspiron 1525 and was wondering what I should do to ensure that I get the most out of my battery. I haven't received it yet but will either tomorrow or early next week and just wanted to be prepared.

A:I just bought a new Battery

I suggest that you go to www.dell.com/support enter your service tag number (on bottom side of the laptop) and download/save the manual for your particular computer.
I believe that the battery should be installed and charged for 24 hours before you try to operate the computer without the electricity connected. The manual will explain all of that.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-just-bought-a-new-battery.1043633/
Relevancy 33.54%

Just a quick check and all I have found so far is Windows 10 PRO Full Retail Package on USB media.

Is it also available anywhere on DVD?

I have found it at BuyCheapSoftware.com for $191.75 (but on USB flash only). Anyone know where I can find the full retail box cheaper ( NOT OEM )?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-windows-10-pro-be-bought-on-dvd.1156266/
Relevancy 33.54%

Well, just bought a new laptop from the trading post. Met the guy and everything worked perfectly. Got home, tried to open up my email, and I am blocked by "k9 web protection".

I have tried calling the guy and I get no answer. No idea where he lives. Is there any way to get past this program until I can get it fixed someway?

I don't want to spend alot of money getting it taken off by a computer store unless that is the last resort.

Someone please help. I use my laptop alot for business purposes and this is putting a stranglehold on my progress as of late.

Thanks,

Bill.

A:Just bought a new laptop..

Hi Bill, welcome to TSF

If you've got the guy's phone number, keep trying to contact him for the password, as this is needed to uninstall K9.

The forum rules don't allow us to help with bypassing security settings.

Quote:

From the rules: "You may not ask for assistance to circumvent restrictions or security on any computer system or network.

You could try contacting K9's Support team at http://www1.k9webprotection.com/support/index.php. Obviously, the whole point of security software is to keep unauthorised people out of the system, so they might not be able to help you without proof of ownership.

EDIT: If it's only blocking your ability to read your email, you could go onto another computer, set up a webmail account (google, yahoo, etc), then redirect your regular email to the webmail account which you can view in your browser on the new laptop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/just-bought-a-new-laptop-403188.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello All I'm new to this forum and this is my first post You may have to be patient with me as I know next to nothing about computers Two years ago when I was completely and totally ignorant to set Bought it Best at up? computer and new Buy already was technology I bought a new laptop at Best Buy This computer came in a sealed box from beneath the display and did not appear to be tampered with However when I brought the computer home and opened it I found that it was already completely set up There were GeekSquad shortcuts on the desktop as well as locked files that required a password I know I shouldve brought it straight back to Best Buy but I was just Bought new computer at Best Buy and it was already set up? a ditzy teenager back then and didnt think anything of it and hate myself now for not doing Bought new computer at Best Buy and it was already set up? so I have been totally unable to find anything even remotely related to this on the Internet The reason I'm posting about it now however is because I'm unequivocally paranoid since learning about the dangers of hacking and here I am without access Bought new computer at Best Buy and it was already set up? to all of the files on my own computer Does anyone know why this would be Can my computer be remotely viewed by the previous owner who whatever that was because of this I definitely didn't pull it off of the display Thank you for your time

A:Bought new computer at Best Buy and it was already set up?

There will be Best Buy spyware on that install in addition to the inferior factory preinstall. I would do the vastly superior Clean Reinstall OEM.

Short of that I would Clean Up Bloatware

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302992-bought-new-computer-best-buy-already-set-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I am putting together my own pc, I have never done it before but I thought I would have a go. Everything went fine apart from when I tried to use my hard drive from my old pc. I was told by a friend that my old hard drive is formatted with my old motherboard and I needed to buy a new hard drive and Windows XP software or the only way I could use my old hard drive is to format it again and lose everything on it. Is this true? If so, how do I format a new hard drive? I was told that when booting XP from CD with a new hard drive, it gives you the option of formatting the hard drive before loading the software from the disc

A:Bought a new pc and am having trouble

That is true apart from you don't need a new hard drive, your windows cd will be able to re-format or overwrite your old install. A format is a much better idea just in case you have any malware on the drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bought-a-new-pc-and-am-having-trouble.87163/
Relevancy 33.54%

My old one is dead so I replaced it with a new one.

when I go to bios, it doesnt detect it. Primary Master and Slave is always not detected. Ive tried switching the jumper and the connector (black and gray) and it never detects it.

A:I just bought a new HD and I need help installing it.

Okay, I got it detected now after playing with the jumper for a couple of hours. I dont know where to go from here... Any help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-just-bought-a-new-hd-and-i-need-help-installing-it.90381/
Relevancy 33.54%

I just bought this Mobo-
Asus A8V-E SE Socket 939 PCI-E,SATA-RAID NEW

Now I am lokking at 3400+ CPUs and I came across this-
NEW*AMD Athlon 64 3400+2.Ghz Newcastle 939 Processor.

this is my first AMD machine and my first one that I will build myself.

I just am confused about the 'Newcastle' name.
I suppose its a brand name like Prescott is to Pentiums.
So any input or adice on these two items would be great!

A:I bought a new Mobo now the cpu Q's are here!

You are right with Newcastle being just a name like Prescott is for the Pentiums. All you really need to be concerned about is the 939 number anything else (like AM2 or 754) won't fit.

Found this on Wikipedia

The Socket 939 3400+ (both Newcastle and Venice versions) is an OEM-only chip and was never directly available from AMD. It shares all Socket 939 3500+ characteristics with the exception of the 800 MHz HyperTransport Link.Click to expand...

You may want to get a retail processor rather than OEM unless you already have your heatsink and fan. Also I'd stay away from Newcastle 939s if for no other reason, just because they are the oldest technology of the 939s and use more Watts.

You can check out a list and socket numbers here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_Athlon_64_microprocessors#fn_2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-bought-a-new-mobo-now-the-cpu-qs-are-here.64968/
Relevancy 33.54%

Well today I ran out to staples to go on a shopping spree... well I only bought a 200GB HDD that was on sale for $70 and then a $20 rebate. Well I get home to find out that there is no room to put this new HDD. Now when I say no room I don't mean there isn't a slot in my computer for it (because there is) but there isn't a place to plug it in with the ATA cable.

I really want this HDD installed for extra space (Anime, movies, games, etc.) but I don't know a way to do so without taking out the other HDD. I'm also not too literate on this side of computers so any help is appreciated. If I'm not making any sense please tell me.

A:Need help with a newly bought HDD.

Two hard drives can be fitted to each mobo ata connector, you probably just need to buy a new data cable that has two hard drive plugs on it instead of one!!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-a-newly-bought-hdd.60326/
Relevancy 33.54%

hi, i bought a hp dv6000z now it comes with a intergrated wireless access now i was thinking about buying a Netgear / WPN824 / 108Mbps / 802.11g / 4-Port / Cable/DSL / RangeMax Wireless Router.

Now i dont care about the desktop being wireless, ill leave that plugged in into the router, but is that all i need for the laptop?

i dont need a wireless adapter for the desktop do i?

also is this a good buy?

Relevancy 33.54%

hi guys,

i just bought a dell inspiron with windows 7
i havent started it up yet...but i want to install xp on it
do ihave to contact microsoft to deactivate windows 7
or can i simply use the same license to install it a year or two from now
please advise

Relevancy 33.54%

i am due to take delivery of a pc specialists pc . Does the operating system ( mine will be windows 10 ) come pre installed or do i have to put it on myself from a supplied disc. are all other drivers such as graphics cards pre installed . if i hae to do these things myself can i put on my antivirus before doing anything else.

A:pc specialists pc have you bought one

One would normally expect such a machine to work, straight out of the box.
Of course you will have to log into your own Network/Router. It may come with a free Trial Version of some Antivirus or other, but, if the trial period is for 6 months or so, you might as well use it

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/pc-specialists-pc-have-you-bought-one-4596497/
Relevancy 33.54%

help guys. i just bought a vista laptop. dell inspiron 1720. purchased through a friend. everytime i try to login i get an error saying
"this computer system, #jym97g1-595b is protected by a password authentication system. you cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.".
it is a white screen. i try to enter the BIOS setup but it brings me directly to this screen. does anyone know a way to reset this?

A:help. just bought vista

You will need to have the laptop ownership transferred to your name.
Then they will give you the master password to reset the BIOS password.

This is the only way that you can get passed that screen without knowing the password.
Dell will not give it to you unless you are the owner of the laptop.

This renders the laptop useless if it was stolen.
The only other way is to replace the motherboard with one that doesn't ahve a bios password set, or replace the eeprom on the board. No amount of flashing it will remove the password.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-just-bought-vista.753367/
Relevancy 33.54%

Came installed with vista basic, the owner must have done hd wipe before shipping it out. What are my option right now? I've tried doing a vista recovery, but it doesn't recognize that there's a hd. It's a Toshiba satellite L355-S7915 I'd appreciate any help, about ready to start pulling my hair out.

A:Bought new laptop...

rule #1 NEVER buy a laptop used.

now saying that, it seems like you will be out another 100-200$ depending on what operating system you wish to go purchase. amazon has xp for around 75$.

i recommend you buy a new os disk and just format and install.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/399786/bought-new-laptop/
Relevancy 33.54%

tell me how to get the old 1 working we router lap top works and new pc put dont now how to get old 1 working iv got a router just bought anew pc got the old one plus a lap top and a router lap top works and new pc but dont no what 2 buy for old computer its aemachines xp to get it working

Relevancy 33.54%

Hi
I just purchased a new pc with Vista pre installed on it. I have a few questions about some things.

1. I only have the onboard video at the moment and I want to allocate more than the 128 that is set to the board currently but when I go into the bios I can't get the highlight bar over that selection as it is grayed out. Is there anything I can do about this?

2. I have my old PC that I built still completely intact with XP installed on one of the drives. Is it possible to just put that drive into the new PC and have a dual boot XP and Vista PC? or do I need to do a fresh install?

The new PC is an HP a6130n if that has any bearing on anything.

Thanks

A:Just bought a pc with Vista

No that is not possible as the hardware is completely different. The other problem is Vista needs to boot XP but XP would need to be installed first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-bought-a-pc-with-vista.599624/
Relevancy 33.54%

I just bought a P I GV Motherboard from ASRock This motherboard s manual says that only certain video cards are compatible with it such as a Radeon I ve gotten it to work with my Radeon but when I play most games it is really laggy and jumps It s got mb Ram a Celeron ghz It s just really confusing and I am wondering if it is just because of the incompatility that would cause the games to run slow and I m not talking about brand new games like Half-life or Doom I m playing Natural Selection for Half-life one and Sims I can get them to work need and help. some Motherboard, a new Bought but only on Bought a new Motherboard, and need some help. the incredibly lowest graphical settings With my dad s p these games run flawlessly on the highest setting and I know that a celeron should run atleast that well So just wondering if that s it and if I should buy something like a Radeon to make them run nice and smooth Thanks Derek nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bought-a-new-motherboard-and-need-some-help.18938/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi I bought HP 250 G4 it is working with 2GB Ram and 64bits operating system....it works perfectly but it is very slow when I have opened many apps like having opened two browsers on internet...SO I HAVE few QUESTIONS: should I change or add more Rams? can I buy 4GB ram to extend this 2GB to make it 6GB RAM? If so what type of Ram will be good for my laptop? and after doing all this will the performance increase?

Relevancy 33.54%

i bought the thermaltake extreme volcano 12. all the reviews that ive read all give it from 8-10 or say that its recommended. its gotten good reviews and its cheaper than buying the swiftech 462 pin HS and buying a tornado. so i think i did a good job. what do you guys think?

A:i bought my new cooling

What does your CPU core temp tell you about your purchase? What we think is irrelevant.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-bought-my-new-cooling.16059/
Relevancy 33.54%

I just bought a cd-rw drive. it's a btc 52x32x52 cd-rw. Now, i have the softwares to burn, but what kind of disks to I buy? I want to copy some data files (.exe, .txt, etc) from my hard drive on to a CD and transfer those files onto another computer (the other computer has a slower CD-R speed though).

So, do I need to buy some blank CD-R disks? I also saw some CD-RW blank disks? Do I need to buy that? What's the difference? Plus, I also saw something like "48x CD-R blank disks" what does that mean? Does the speed of the blank CD-R or CD-RW matters?

A:Bought a new cd-rw, what disks do I need?

:wave: Hello and Welcome to TechSpot :wave

A typical blank cd will be quite ok to use for what you're describing...
A CD-RW disk is a disk which you burn something to, delete it, and write as new... They cost more, but are quite ok if you're going to copy a lot of files from one computer to another quite often... They cost more, but saves you from having to buy new disks all the time...

Over to the speed...

A cd labeled "48x CD-R blank disk" means that you can write it up to 48x faster than the original CD speed... This means that copying 650mb+ won't take more than a couple of minutes, compared to 30min on a 2x writer...

You can use disks which supports lower speeds than your cd-writer as long as you don't try to write to them faster than they are specified for... As if you do, you'll most likely end up with a coaster (unusable cd)...

It doesn't matter how fast the other CD-R is, as it won't see/care how fast you wrote the cd... It only tells you how fast it'll be able to copy the information from a cd...

Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bought-a-new-cd-rw-what-disks-do-i-need.8646/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am trying to help my friend who purchased a second hand computer for her daughter. Its a clone with a 4486mb Maxtor harddrive running on Windows 2000. I would like to know how to change the ownership and if she needs to register it with Microsoft to get the updates or anything else that might be helpful. I also tried going to <start> <run> <msconfig> but nothing came up.. is there another way to see what is running at startup? I would also appreciate any tips on how to speed it up.. we already used disk clean up, scandisk and defragged. Mahalo.. Sumi

Relevancy 33.54%

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835116017

I just bought that, and basically the reason why is cus I have a nvidia 6200 wich I unlocked to a 6600 and I plan on overclocking the crap out of it. Will this module do a good job at keeping the core cool? I couldn't find any reviews on it. It's water cooling after all...

thanks

A:Just bought this, did I get the right thing?

It does say apply to Nvidia or an ATI GPU so i suppose it applys to all cards if not it would have said otherwise.

also make sure u have an extra 4 pin power connector to power it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-this-did-i-get-the-right-thing.41070/
Relevancy 33.54%

I do you a bought What lemon? you if do purchased a gateway DX G-UW which has an acer motherboard nbsp Within months of owning this computer it completely failed nbsp I had to pay to send it to gateway to have it serviced under the warranty nbsp They replaced the HD CPU and motherboard nbsp After another six months the computer completely died again nbsp I believe the motherboard and or the CPU failed again nbsp Since it is no longer under warranty I am stuck with a computer that doesn't work at all and was barely used nbsp If I try to replace the motherboard myself I'll have to buy a new version of windows and hope it all works nbsp If I want to call gateway about the situation I have to pay nbsp They won't even speak to you unless you are still under the 'one year' warranty nbsp nbsp The only reason I bought a gateway was because I liked acer and I thought gateway would be good since they were behind them nbsp My family and I have bought acer monitors desktops and laptops nbsp We were loyal acer owners but after this we will never buy another acer product again nbsp Does anyone have any suggestions or is this computer simply a total loss for barely any What do you do if you bought a lemon? use

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/What-do-you-do-if-you-bought-a-lemon/td-p/297012/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 33.54%

If i was to buy a PC in the United States, would it work back here in the UK?

Are there any important things i need to know before going ahead & spending my money?
Any NTSC / PAL issues?
Any monitor issues?
ANY issues?

Also, what would the duty costs be?

ANY advice welcomed!
Thankyou.

Relevancy 33.54%

Finally got a laptop but now what? What else do I need to purchase to get internet at home? Help me! Do I really need a docking station?

Relevancy 33.54%

http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E did over a ****'** pc over? get ebay, bought i processor celeron D ghz mhz fsb kb l gb ddr memory gb ata HD agp-x mobo video card sold seperatly probaly gonna get ati xt mb optical mouse keyboard sound blaster ac w psu no monitor Grand total with tax and shipping st did i make a bad choice and get ripped off nd will this pc be able to handle games like world of warcraft call of duty wc tft ect with bought a pc over ebay, did i get ****'** over? the assumption i get a xt mb mhz core clock rd would it be better if i replaced the celeron d with a more better processor say p dual core thanks if you can answer these three questions for me that would be great be brutaly honest too BTW i do realize i could have built a way better computer for the same price but i was bought a pc over ebay, did i get ****'** over? too lazy to do that becouse last time i fried my mobo nbsp

A:bought a pc over ebay, did i get ****'** over?

Nope it's not bad at all. Regarding gaming however, the Celeron is zilch for it. A Pentium D wouldn't be too expensive. Try this.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116001
Before this however use a free program like Everest Home Edition or SIW(google for them) to find out ur motherboard make, brand, model and chipset.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bought-a-pc-over-ebay-did-i-get-over.54310/
Relevancy 33.54%

I was asking for help! I heard lot's of advices and made my decigion. Now i'm a proud owner of 4D stelelpad to my lil MX510. I think this pad is pretty cool. I've already used it in UT2K4. what do you think of it?

Relevancy 33.54%

Ok so today I bought a Sony Vaio VGN-NS J from Abt Electronics It has great specs i thought for a laptop it has a GHZ processor Gigs of Ram and blue ray and all It runs vista which I hate but my wife likes it So i started it up and noticed it takes like to startup at least as where my Dell E which i just restored to XP takes about seconds Also I have noticed the internet is kinda slow and choppy to I have tried to uninstall alot of the crapware and think I got it all laptop.... just I this bought but still a lil slow I bought this for my wife to be able to Multi-task as she plays a game called Second Life and this computer cant even seem to Rez the graphics which makes no sense because my year old laptop can rez them I was just wanting to know do you guys think a fresh copy of Vista not the Sony version would make this run better OR is their a way to fix these problems Thanks you guys Toby Mac

A:I just bought this laptop....

Hi -

No difference between the "Sony version" of Vista and Vista. I don't see a re-install of Vista helping on a system < 24 hours old.

Did the system come with an Internet Security package like Norton or Mcafee? This is the most likely culprit. If existence of such, it must be taken out w/ removal tool. Program un-install won't do it.

Let me take quick look at sys info - run msinfo32 and save as NFO file -
START | msinfo32 | save as default NFO file

Zip it up and attach to next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-just-bought-this-laptop-344425.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi I got 512 mbs of ram. I installed it but my computer doesn't recognize it. It still thinks I only have 128mbs of ram. I tried removing the 128 ram and replacing it with the 512 and the thing wouldn't even start up.

Relevancy 33.54%

I got a question that I hope can be answered because I ve got no clue I bought a stick of mb today to upgrade my current rig The guy from the computershop told me it was okay if I mixed this new Transcend mb stick with the two mb kingston valueRAMs I already have I got home plugged the stick in one of my available slots and started up no problem It immediatly recognised the new ram so I figured everything was alright I played a couple of games but the funny thing is I don t experience ANY difference from what I had before boot-time included A game like Oblivion which really sucked the life out of my old memory was still like that Now I read the sticky thread Bought new some but... memory, in this forum about upgrading ram which said mixing brands and speeds is not a good idea so perhaps this is the problem I really don t know alot about computer hardware but I do know there should be a difference specs P Ghz x mb Kingston ValueRAM DDR x mb Transcend DDR ASUS P P SE Mainboard WinXPh SP nbsp

A:Bought some new memory, but...

What Video card are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bought-some-new-memory-but.47976/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have recently connected a scanner that I got from a "yard sale", it is working fine but the thing is I don't really know how they work, where the information goes after the scanning.

I have a Mustek page color sheet feed scanner.

is there any kind of software that I need I've been looking but can't find any.

A:bought a scanner...

alnotsure.....
There is usually a program disk that would come with the scanner.

Did you look here for information........

http://www.mustek.com/html/SBD.html

At the bottom of the page is a link for software disks associated with each scanner model.

Hope this helps.

Debe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bought-a-scanner.98845/
Relevancy 33.54%

i have windows xp professional wid( 1.7ghz and 40gb hard drive )
i was just wondering ,i've created another user name for the guest right but the thing is that ,when i go into that user name it gives them access to kazaa?

the reason why i made that user name, is because so they have a limited access to my computer, I would only like them to browse on the internet explorer, and msn messanger,not files that i dont want them to be messing around wid for instance kazaa. I would like to take kazaa off tha guest user account ,but i don't know how,and place internet explorer and msn messanger there and that is itt!! !!! can someone help me with this problem

thankyou!!!

A:hi, i just bought a new computer:D and i need help:(

You need the disk to be formatted NTFS and then you can set permissions on files as to who has rights to access them. Simply right-click on the KAZAA executable and select properties, click on the Permissions tab and add the guest account with Deny priviledges to that file. Repeat for any other executables that you don't want the guest account to have access to. You may need to get creative if your guest user is crafty as they might be able to copy the file to another location and then have access to it (I'm not sure if that would work, but you might want to try and be sure).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-i-just-bought-a-new-computer-d-and-i-need-help.128754/
Relevancy 33.54%

I if you do a lemon? you bought What do purchased a gateway DX G-UW which has an acer What do you do if you bought a lemon? motherboard nbsp Within months of owning this computer it completely failed nbsp I had to pay to send it to gateway to have it serviced under the warranty nbsp They replaced the HD CPU and motherboard nbsp After another six months the computer completely died again nbsp I believe the motherboard and or the CPU failed again nbsp Since it is no longer under warranty I am stuck with a computer that doesn't work at all and was barely used nbsp If I try to replace the motherboard myself I'll have to buy a new version of windows and hope it all works nbsp If I want to call gateway about the situation I have to pay nbsp They won't even speak to you unless you are still under the 'one year' warranty nbsp nbsp The only reason I bought a gateway was because I liked acer and I thought gateway would be good since they were behind them nbsp My family and I have bought acer monitors desktops and laptops nbsp We were loyal acer owners but after this we will never buy another acer product again nbsp Does anyone have any suggestions or is this computer simply a total loss for barely any use

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/What-do-you-do-if-you-bought-a-lemon/m-p/297012
Relevancy 33.54%

I purchased a gateway DX G-UW which has an acer motherboard nbsp Within months of owning this computer it completely failed nbsp I had to pay to send it to gateway to have it serviced under the warranty nbsp They replaced the HD CPU and motherboard nbsp After do What you if you lemon? a do bought another six months the computer completely died again nbsp I believe the motherboard and or the CPU failed again nbsp Since it is no longer under warranty I am stuck with a computer that doesn't work at all and was barely used nbsp If I try to replace the motherboard myself I'll have to buy a new version of windows and hope it all works nbsp If I want to call gateway about the situation I have to pay nbsp They won't even speak to you unless you are still under the 'one year' warranty nbsp nbsp The only reason I bought a gateway was because I liked acer and I thought gateway would be good since they were behind them nbsp My family and I have bought acer monitors desktops and laptops nbsp We were loyal acer owners but after this we will never buy another acer product again nbsp Does anyone have any suggestions or is this computer simply a total loss for What do you do if you bought a lemon? barely any use

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/What-do-you-do-if-you-bought-a-lemon/td-p/297012
Relevancy 33.54%

My pc keeps giving me this weird error that i've never seen before it says This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Please contact your system administrator This PC i a bought virus. and help have think Please a i already new Just message keeps popping up every - minutes sometimes it appears when i click on my internet browser but if i click my internet browser again it opens fine Just bought a new PC and i think i already have a virus. Please help This kept happening to me while i was playing GTA V the message would take me out of full-screen and back to desktop which was very annoying while playing This message also appears randomly even when im not clicking anything I also cant click certain things i cant remove programs from my computer and i cant install anything either as soon as i click install the message pops up and the install cancels I cant upload files either i was trying to upload an image of the error message on this post but nothing happens I just bought this PC and i really want to fix this problem please if you have any ideas even if you are not certain please post them thank you OS Windows

A:Just bought a new PC and i think i already have a virus. Please help

Nevermind, i found a really helpful video if you wanna watch it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595543/just-bought-a-new-pc-and-i-think-i-already-have-a-virus-please-help/
Relevancy 33.54%

i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i bought a laptop today from office depot. the box was opened to show me what it looked like b/c it was on clearance & there was no display.

it has a few dings on it, which is fine by me b/c i only paid $400 for an $800 machine. well, i was cleaning it off b/c i hate a lot of the programs that come w/ a new one & i noticed there are things installed @ different dates. for example, there are programs that were installed in november 2011 & then again on april 2012.

is that normal? i've got 14 days to return this.

thanks!

Relevancy 33.54%

Hello

I bought Malwarebytes pro and i have Avira Pro), and told my brother and he got all mad and told me i wasted my money and that i should of got a cracked copy of it, know i do not know what to think, also can i ask douse Malwarebytes stop trackers cookies and web beacons? just wondering if not is there software that douse?

thank you Joshua Setchell

A:I bought Malwarebytes pro, is this bad?

It's not a bad thing at all.

The software you purchased does a completely different thing to Avira (anti-malware rather than antivirus) and is a wise investment in terms of Windows security.

Stealing a cracked copy may seem like a good idea if you have no money at all, but if you can actually afford it it is wise investment to support the people who support you in keeping your system secure. In addition, crackers often add malware to cracked software... many of the "help me!" threads we see in our malware removal forum originate from people installing cracked software.

Malwarebytes does not protect from beacons or trackers, you need browser based plugins to do that. I recommend Ghostery and Blur together. There is a new beta of a Google anti-cookie/tracking called Disconnect. I'm not sure if it is legit or just another way for Google to track users, yet.

TsVk!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602818/i-bought-malwarebytes-pro-is-this-bad/
Relevancy 33.54%

HI, this may or may not seem like a silly question, but if I was to purchase a pre built Desktop PC from America, would it work here in the UK as I am aware the voltage is different.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/will-usa-bought-pc-work-uk-4607310/
Relevancy 33.54%

i decided 2 go check out Mplayer 2day when i noticed that Gamespy had bought them out. Mplayer used 2 be the best place 2 go play games and now Gamespy has the nerve 2 CHARGE us 2 play!!! it cost $20 to download their software in order 2 play the games!! (and now i'm angry) I used 2 go 2 Mplayer to play Mechwarrior 2 every now and then but now, Gamespy doesn't even support that game anymore. so my question is, does any1 know a good place 2 play some Mechwarrior 2 on the net? thank u very much 2 anyone that helps out!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mplayer-got-bought-out.55057/
Relevancy 33.54%

So i was browsing eBay today when i saw a listing for a gaming computer(APU powered) for 45 bucks, it was the last one and i bought it. My question is that if i did a mistake and bought something unwanted, because I've seen videos of some people getting unwanted and disgusting things when they got shipped. The specs are following:

One of the AMD A8 series CPUs
Some Kingston, G.Skill or Corsair 8GB RAM
WD Blue 1TB
Unnamed Motherboard
Unnamed Power supply

So tell me guys if this is fake or not, if it is i'll refund it in an instant. Personally i think this is fake.

Also worth mentioning is that the user who selled this registered in August of this year, he had no points for selling whatsoever either.

Any help is very much appreciated.

A:Bought a computer for 45$

I smell a furry little rodent myself. I personally never would have bought it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387790-bought-computer-45-a.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Just picked up this as a potential replacement for my Popcorn Hour A100 in the family room:

Newegg.com - Acer Aspire Revo AR3610-U9012 Intel Atom 330(1.60GHz) 2GB DDR2 160GB NVIDIA ION graphics Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - Desktop PCs
We use the PCH mainly for our online DVD collection, Netflix streaming, and Hulu...so that's what we hope we can do with this fella. I understand the CPU on this Nettop is fairly anemic, but the new Ion GPU is fairly decent...so at this price with Win 7, I figured why not. Fingers crossed for more Flash GPU support in the future.

In the interim, I'll give it a shot as a low-end HTPC...and let you folks know how it works out if you are interested.

BTW, it's in stock at B&H.

cheers,
Steve

A:Just bought a new Ion Nettop with Win 7

Quote: Originally Posted by scubasteve

In the interim, I'll give it a shot as a low-end HTPC...and let you folks know how it works out if you are interested.

Steve,

It will do OK. I have Windows 7 installed on an Acer Aspire One Netbook with these specs;

Processor - Intel Atom N270 / 1.6 GHz
RAM - 1 GB (installed)
Graphics - Intel GMA 950
Using a WinTV Nova T-Stick (USB) Windows Media Centre works flawlessly for viewing freeview (free to air digital) and other media tasks. .. Youtube ... music ... whatever I have thrown at it.

I even have Adobe Photoshop CS4 installed on it, amongst other things, and that works at a usable speed ... Windows 7 is so much less a resource hog than Vista and is even faster than XP so I have found it breathes life into quite low end hardware.

It's not instant response but it's more than good enough. Hope your experiments concur with my experience.

Crazy B

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/37357-just-bought-new-ion-nettop-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I have purchased McAfee Virus Protection & Spyware be gone and although this did speed things up (and clean some files) I am still experiencing an extremely slow internet connection ( I have DSL). I have noticed a lot of start up programs and a ton of things running in task manager but not sure what is what! I have researched a lot of the items but I know I still "things" floating around my computer that shouldn't be there. Can anyone help??

A:Bought it all and still not working right!

Please download HijackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Get HijackThis Analyzer and save it to the same folder as the hijackthis.log file. Run HijackThis Analyzer and type in y if you agree. The result.txt file will open up in Notepad. Copy the whole result.txt log and post it in the forum. We do not need the original hijackthis.log (unless we ask for it). Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/bought-it-all-and-still-not-working-right-34266.html
Relevancy 33.54%

It will be here at the end ov November these are the parts I want to start getting.1tb ssdhttps://smile.amazon.com/Crucial-MX300-525GB-Internal-Solid/dp/B01IAGSDUE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=147...and 2 of thesehttps://smile.amazon.com/Crucial-MX300-Internal-Solid-CT1050MX300SSD4/dp/B01L80DH1Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UT...and this for the ramhttps://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B015YPB8ME/ref=crt_ewc_title_srh_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0...

Relevancy 33.54%

I'm not 100% sure that this is the correct forum to ask this question. I bought a new computer because my old computers motherboard was bad. I had to transfer the hard drive of the old computer to an external hard drive. I had outlook express on the old computer. I heard that it was very difficult to transfer the mail and contacts from outlook express to windows live mail. Can the outlook express mail files be transferred to windows live mail? Is there a software that does this? Can it be done?

A:bought new computer

Although the instructions refer to Vista this should work with Windows 7.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Import-messages-into-Windows-Mail-from-Outlook-Express

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441348/bought-new-computer/
Relevancy 33.54%

I m deployed and nobody here is into computers so I had to share with you guys I can t wait to get home and set it up It should only beat me to the house by a couple a weeks I want to overclock it myself If you have any recommendations on something I missed or maybe you have a valid point with one of the part I chose let me know it s not too late to edit my order as they are very backed up with Just bought this, CyberpowerPC! orders due to christmas BASE PRICE CARE Ultra Just bought this, CyberpowerPC! Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Just bought this, CyberpowerPC! Dream System During Transit CARE CoolerMaster Thermal Fusion Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation CARE Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure Maximize Airflow in Your System CAS Corsair Obsidian Series D Full Tower Gaming Case w x SATA Hot-Swap Drive Bays amp Side-Panel Window CASUPGRADE in Cold Cathode Neon Light Blue Color CD X Double Layer Dual Format DVD -R -RW CD-R RW Drive BLACK COLOR CPU Intel R Core i - GHz M Intel Smart Cache LGA CS FAN Maximum Enermax MM Case Cooling Fans for selected case Maximum Silent Operation RPM Black Color with No LED Enlobal Magnetic Barometric Bearing dBA FAN CyberPower Xtreme Hydro Liquid Cooling Kit MM w Triple Fan CPU amp GPU Liquid Cool Capable Extreme Overclocking Performance Extreme Silent at dBA FREEBIE CU Civilization V Full Version Game FREEBIE CU Star Trek Online Digital Deluxe Game FREEBIE VC StarCraft II Free Trial Coupon with purchase of NVIDIA GTX video card or above HDD TB SATA-III Gb s MB Cache RPM HDD TB x TB Capacity Raid Extreme Performance KEYBOARD Xtreme Gear Black Color Multimedia Internet USB Keyboard MEMORY GB GBx DDR MHz Triple Channel Memory Module Corsair Dominator MOTHERBOARD -Way SLI Support Asus P X D-E Intel X Chipset SLI CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR SATA-III RAID w Audio GbLAN IEEE a USB SATA-III RAID Gen PCIe PCIe X amp PCI MOUSE XtremeGear Optical USB Buttons Gaming Mouse MULTIVIEW Xtreme Performance in SLI CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Single Monitor NETWORK Onboard Gigabit LAN Network NOISEREDUCE Sound Absorbing Foam on Side Top And Bottom panels NOISEREDUCE Power Supply Gasket NOISEREDUCE Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts OS Microsoft R Windows R Home Premium -bit Edition OVERCLOCK No Overclocking POWERSUPPLY Watts - Corsair CMPSU- TX Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready RUSH Non-Rush Instant Rebate - Weeks Wait Time - Must Enter Coupon Code quot NORUSH quot during checkout SERVICE STANDARD WARRANTY -YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT SOUND HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO VIDEO NVIDIA GeForce GTX SE GB X PCIe Video Card EVGA Superclocked VIDEO NVIDIA GeForce GTX SE GB X PCIe Video Card EVGA Superclocked PRICE ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Coupon NORUSH Non-Rush Instant Rebate - SUBTOTAL Sales Tax N A Shipping UPS Ground ---------------------------------------------------------------------- GRAND TOTAL nbsp

A:Just bought this, CyberpowerPC!

Nice rig and something to look forward to when you get back stateside. You should have no difficulty overclocking to well over 4GHz with those components. Also, thanks for your service to our country.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-this-cyberpowerpc.158409/
Relevancy 33.54%

I bought my Windows 8 upgrade from my 32-bit Windows 7 computer. As I bought from a 32-bit computer I got the 32-bit iso of Windows 8.

Is there any way I can get the 64-bit iso?

Would I be able to use my 32-bit product key with the 64-bit version?

A:Bought 32-bit - Wanted 64-bit

Try redownloadingthe x64, from the email link the.

Originally Posted by Your Windows Store email

If you need to download Windows, write down your new product key and enter it here.

Than make the ISO, & burn to DVD or USB pendrive.
Create Bootable USB or DVD with Windows 8 ISO

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/10971-bought-32-bit-wanted-64-bit.html
Relevancy 33.54%

So I tried to view a video got a virus thing called Zlob-X a something or other It said that I needed to download an antispyware program It didn t say which one So I ran a scan on my Norton Nothing came up Said I was free from viruses Ie Bought Defender Just spyware and tracking cookies I didn t know what to do So I typed in Live Search quot anti spyware quot The first link was to a site called IE Defender I thought quot What the hell let s see if the scanner will work quot Sure enough it did It said I had the Zlob thing In order for it to be removed I had to download the IE Defender month membership for I download the IE Defender ran the scan one more time it finds Zlob Then it erases it Magically my internet Just Bought Ie Defender is running a lot faster than it has in previous Just Bought Ie Defender weeks It was kind of a nice surprise Problem I decided just today to see if anybody had some things to say about it Boy did they Its a rogue its malware its everything you don t want Question What am I supposed to do I just sent them an e-mail saying I want to cancel I checked my statement online and it was like I have yet to be charged but it charged me the second I downloaded the program Tell me what am I supposed to do ThanksAlso this is the site At the bottom if you notice it says that quot IE Defender - tested and found to be safe to install quot Mod Edit Removed Site address to preclude possible infection TMacK

A:Just Bought Ie Defender

Hello pocho,Follow these instructions on How To Remove Ie Defender .You may want to contact your credit card company, and see if there is anything they can do about a 'stop payment'.But I do think it's a case of Buyer Beware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116981/just-bought-ie-defender/
Relevancy 33.54%

I had a PC recently. It had Windows 7 on it and I eventually bought a Windows 8 upgrade key. Then the computer died and I switched to Mac. I have an old different PC running Windows XP. Since the original computer is dead, is it possible to use the same key again? When I tried just now it said I can't use an upgrade key to install windows 8, which doesn't make any sense to me.

A:Can I use a Windows 8 key that I bought on a new PC?

you need to download and create the "Newer" windows 8.1 setup media (link in sig below) you need a win7 or better pc to download the media..

Windows 8.1 was never intended to install (without a few hardware issues) on a XP machine

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/61183-can-i-use-windows-8-key-i-bought-new-pc.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I just bought an ssd and want to install win 7 on it. win 7 is already installed on another drive. I don't want to remove the other drive but can't format it. I know there must be a solution. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Forgot to mention that I want to do a clean install on the ssd.

A:bought an ssd and want to install while still using hdd that has win 7

Hi mate..have a read of this: Moving Windows 7 Installation

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/116704-bought-ssd-want-install-while-still-using-hdd-has-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 33.54%

it has a athlon dual core QL-60 i dont know the exact speed of these i believe they are a 1.3 or 1.6 gigHrz is this fast enough to run windows 7

it is currently running vista

A:just bought a laptop

Quote: Originally Posted by bigbobbarker

it has a athlon dual core QL-60 i dont know the exact speed of these i believe they are a 1.3 or 1.6 gigHrz is this fast enough to run windows 7

yes its fast enough but,how much ram do you have? sorry should have read your lappy's specs

welcome to the worlg of win 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/63734-just-bought-laptop.html
Relevancy 33.54%

how come I can not play store bought CD's on my new version of WIN XP?

Relevancy 33.54%

i believe it has a bug if i buy new windows software reboot and reload will the bug go away?

Relevancy 33.54%

Hi, I bought the wrong RAM 4GB DDR3 Memory RAM for Lenovo B series B570 at Amazon.com and I was wondering if it would be compatible with my laptop. I know it's 4gb of ram and I have 4gb of ram. I don't exactly know if it's the wrong RAM or not but please help me! It's saying it shipped and I don't know if I can cancel it. I wanna know if it will be compatible or not

A:Bought wrong RAM, now what?

From what you describe in your system specs it's not the same and you might have issues using it. Always try to have the RAM modules from the same manufacturer with the same specs and if your existing RAM is like you describe in your system specs then what you ordered is not the same and try to ask Amazon if possible to cancel it or exchange it to the same as what you already have but make sure 1st your motherboard can handle 8GB or RAM

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/353860-bought-wrong-ram-now-what.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I just picked up a new PNY Nvidia 9800GT. I'm getting some significant heat issues. When idling the GPU is at about 55C which isn't too bad, but when I game, even for a few minutes, temperatures jump to about 70C. As this is dangerous for the card, I want to try to bring that down a few degrees. Should I use fan, heat sink, gel? I've never done a cooling project before. Also could somebody reccommend me a good 700W PSU?

A:Just bought new GPU, need help with a little cooling

As this is dangerous for the cardClick to expand...

Not particularly.

Also could somebody reccommend me a good 700W PSU?Click to expand...

Because more power will not only help, but cool it too!!!!

Anyway, you will want to get software like EVGA Precision and manually turn down up fanspeeds since default is normally around 25% - 35% fan speed. Again, 70c isn't really dangerous, it is just about borderline.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-new-gpu-need-help-with-a-little-cooling.129374/
Relevancy 33.54%

Upgraded from a 128mb 9600 ati card to the ati radeon x1650 512mb

I hooked it up, used the CD let it install all the crap and downloaded the drivers, my computer since then is now sluggish, All my windows and internet windows are moving sluggish with a wavy effect, when I try to run WoW it tells me it couldn't find a suitable display device, so I have no idea wtf the deal is....

It's taking me almost 30 mins to navigate here and finally make a damn thread

A:Just bought a new card

Sounds like your onboard is still enable or you install the wrong drivers. Uninstall the drivers, use driver cleaner, install the new drivers with the new card, and make sure your onboard is disable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-a-new-card.126743/
Relevancy 33.54%

... the picture seems terrible!!!

I have installed the card and drivers, which I had to download as the disc that came with the card seems to be faulty. I am running the card using the DVI-HDMI dongle that came supplied on a Samsung 26" HDTV as my monitor, but the picture is awful. All the colours seem blurred and too vibrant.

I think that I must be missing some configuration files for the dongle as when I check in my device manager I have an UNKNOWN PCI DEVICE which appears to be connected to the dongle (it disappears whenever I remove the cable).

I could run it using the DVI to VGA donle but the point of me getting this card was so I could watch HD content.

Does anyone have any advice/ideas as to why I am having this problem?

Thanks.

A:So I bought the HD2600 XT but...

You wrote.
... the picture seems terrible!!!

I have installed the card and drivers, which I had to download as the disc that came with the card seems to be faulty. I am running the card using the DVI-HDMI dongle that came supplied on a Samsung 26" HDTV as my monitor, but the picture is awful. All the colours seem blurred and too vibrant.

I think that I must be missing some configuration files for the dongle as when I check in my device manager I have an UNKNOWN PCI DEVICE which appears to be connected to the dongle (it disappears whenever I remove the cable).

I could run it using the DVI to VGA donle but the point of me getting this card was so I could watch HD content.

Does anyone have any advice/ideas as to why I am having this problem?

Hmmmm.......

No offence bro but you gave me no info on what your computer is what the dongle is and so I cant really help you much.

If the dongles not pushed in properly it will fix the problem by pushing it in so make sure the cables not obstructed by the case. Other than that you will have to be more spacific.

I expect to be reading your post again shortly. Hope you can gather the info so I can help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/so-i-bought-the-hd2600-xt-but.649957/
Relevancy 33.54%

my brother just bought a dell latitude d610 from craigslist and it had no charger, the guy said it worked, so we wnt i found a cheap charger, charged it up then, this grey screen popped up, i tried to contact the guy who sold it to me but no response, so we checked on the net and saw that people unlock their laptop on this site can someone please unlock this, i really dont want this to be a waste of money, its a 595b lock

please help and i hope im not bothering, thanx

A:Please Help my bro just bought this on craigslist

as far as i know tha lock can only be reset by Dell. But you could try to remove the cmos battery

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-my-bro-just-bought-this-on-craigslist.109453/
Relevancy 33.54%

I just bought this new MSI gaming laptop https www pccasegear com products rd-pro- in-core-i -gaming-notebook- qf- au I got it with an extra GB of RAM fitted for free total GB and they also knocked off the price and they also gave me a laptop bag for free too The bag is fairly crappy but it is well padded and will be OK for my old Dell laptop I tried to get Win Bought Just A New Laptop Msi Pro but they wouldn t chuck that in for free so I will see how Win Home goes before I upgrade The company I work for usually buys Toshiba but the biggest screen I could get was only quot and I wanted bigger plus I wanted a lot more performance at a reasonable price We have also had a couple of MSI laptops in our interstate office and they have been problem free Based on our prior good experience with MSI and also the year warranty is much better than the ASUS and Gigabyte offering with only a month return to base warranty I am still setting things up but first impressions are it is much faster than my old Dell Inspiron R SE Special Edition Turbo Series I will let you know how it is Just Bought A New Msi Laptop after a few days use My old Dell http www notebookcheck net Review-Dell-Inspiron- R-SE- -Notebook html is a few years old now and has done a lot of work and in the last two months has started Just Bought A New Msi Laptop to have serious intermittent overheating problems even after a good clean out with the compressor and then cleaning and replacing the thermal paste it still has the intermittent problem so now it sits on a notebook cooler base with fans to keep it cool I swapped over the battery with a new one but still the overheating problem occurs so I put the old battery back and conclude that there is an intermittent mobo problem Also there are several keys on the keyboard that have stopped working namely the the right the left and the down arrow keys as well as the right side Alt key and the right side shift key I use the numeric keypad for arrows now but the Alt and Shift keys are still a nuisance and because it is the Special Edition it has a different backlit keyboard that I can t find a direct replacement that is for sale in Australia I will hang on to the Dell for a while as an emerency standby but its days are numbered One other good thing I have already noticed about the MSI is that it is nearly kg lighter nbsp

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/just-bought-a-new-msi-laptop.311062/
Relevancy 33.54%

Good Day,
I have purchased the windows seven upgrade disk and was instructed to wait until the release before the disk would be sent, and... I was also told that no money would be removed from my account until the upgrade disk was on it's way, which did not seem to hold true being the money has been removed from my account, do you have any information pertaining to there policy on just how this is all going to take place, like I said, I had read the instruction on their web page when I ordered the disk, and just the opposite has occured as far as the removal of funds. I do have prof of purchase.
Thank you much,
signed, Worried

A:Bought and waiting

Where did you purchase this from? Could you provide us with a link?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/19195-bought-waiting.html
Relevancy 33.54%

What should I set my core clock and memory clock to? I have something called VDOtool where I can change all the settings.

I have Core clock (which goes up to 780MHz , memory clock (which goes up to 1800MHz) and shader clock (which goes up to 1960MHz). Obviously I want to have the maximum capabilities but is it wise to just turn them all up to full?

Cheers

Relevancy 33.54%

the label on the dvd: application and driver recovery dvd. contains software and drivers already installed. for software reinstallation and repair only. is it to be inserted in the tray to recover all the programs,files,data,music,videos,documents,etc. after running a system recovery prompted up by the computer,by hp?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/what-is-the-dvd-which-comes-with-the-hp-laptop-when-i-bought/td-p/5657420
Relevancy 33.54%

microsoft update keeps installing up dates and then the computer keeps shuting down to soon and then I get a miss up microsoft update that can't install all the microsoft updates that the computer needs

A:I need help after I install the DVD that I bought for my WM1...

@redindy58? Perhaps the computer is going to sleep out from under the Windows Updates. Control Panel > icon view > Power > Change when the computer sleeps >Assuming the computer is plugged in and not running on battery, then >Adjust the time before the computer goes to sleep. Note that the Updates are not dependent on the Display -- that can go off soon after you are done using the computer -- adjust the time before the computer sleeps to allow the Updates to complete. You can also control which Updates are installed:Instead of installing all the updates at one time, select a few at at a time and install them. Control Panel > icon view > Windows Updates  How To Change Windows Update Settings Scroll down to Section:How To Change Windows Update Settings in Windows 8, 7, & Vista When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-need-help-after-I-install-the-DVD-that-I-bought-for-my/td-p/5753404
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi guys,

I recently bought some ram from ebay OCZ 2GB (2x1024) DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz Kit
Vista Upgrade Edition and was wondering if it can run on Windows Xp and how well. And also i want to get a new video card and would a Gigabyte 8600GT be a much better choice then a Gigabyte 8500GT? Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Ryan

A:Info on sme Ram i bought

That RAM will work fine on XP. The upgrade edition is just marketing crap. It has nothing to do with Vista or XP.

The 8600GT runs GDDR3 memory. The charts on Tom's Hardware http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=856&model2=855&chart=275 say the 8600GT is better.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/info-on-sme-ram-i-bought.619351/
Relevancy 33.54%

I just bought a new Samsung laptop. Went through the setup. Skipped the part on creating a microsoft acount. Set my password for the laptop. Played around for a while and every thing worked great. Shut down PC. Got on this morning and couldn't log in. I know what my password is but I tried every other password I have ever used and can't get in. Booted to Bios to changed priority to boot to USB so I could hack the password, but there is no USB option. Went through all the articles I could find on the web but found no solution.

Any Suggestions? Is it really asking me for a microsoft account login instead of my laptop login?

Thanks

A:Just bought PC and can't login

I can only offer you a direction where you might be able to solve your problem...............................

At the login screen where your password was rejected, at bottom right is a Power icon > click it and Restart option is listed.
Press SHIFT key and HOLD > click Restart > click "Restart anyway" if you were asked to confirm the action > wait > click Troubleshoot ............
You have 2 choices :
1. Reset this PC. That will reinstall Windows 10. You can only keep your files in this option.
2. Advanced options where there are several options you can choose.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/45976-just-bought-pc-cant-login.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I recently bought a new uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for my computer. The unit has programming for automatically shutting down the computer in the case of power failure. however, the interface for doing this is serial port to serial port. My motherboard, a Gigabyte P34-DS3R version 2, does not have a serial port on the back of the motherboard. Any suggestions for a workaround for connecting it? Here in Northwest florida, thunderstorms are a daily occurrence in the afternoon. Thanks in advance.

Jim

A:Solved: Bought New UPS

Get a PCI serial card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bought-new-ups.727656/
Relevancy 33.11%

ok i got some new memory today crucial memory 6gb worth. and when i look at CPU-z it says xmp-1334

what is XMP and what does it do... also my cas is at 7-7-7-24 but it looks like i can go 6-6-6-20 would i get better performance...

thanks new to the XMP

this is the memory i got 6gb worth
BL25664TG1337 - 2GB, Ballistix Tracer 240-pin DIMM (with LEDs) , DDR3 PC3-10600 from Crucial.com

A:Bought new Memory and it says XMP-1334

XMP is Extreme Memory Profile.

I don't use it. As far as I know, it's for more aggressive memory settings.

I seriously doubt if you would notice the difference between 7-7-7-24 and 6-6-6-20 if your placebo effect is turned off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/252615-bought-new-memory-says-xmp-1334-a.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Dear friends; i am new to computers so iam making a lot of mistakes; i have acer aspire4732z and have been told i have all these mistakes about 4000 odd . i`ve tried getting books from library to learn cause i love family history.i bought uniblue power point system .Iam on a pension and cannot afford all these expensive things and don`t know where to turn for advice ;do i really need all this stuff and can any one suggest the best way to learn properly so it does not crash on me?i live in newmarket is there any body nearby could help? thanks for your time sandy.

A:have bought uniblue software do i need it

This product ..? --> Uniblue PowerSuite 2011 - Download Software, Optimize PC Performance

I suggest that you return it and get your money back.

Windows 7 does not need help to optimize performance.

Please feel free to ask about any software prior to purchase.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/have-bought-uniblue-software-do-i-need-it-570546.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi, I just bought an ACER laptop running windows 7 home premium--it has what I need. I haven't turned it on or started it up. Any suggestions on what do before I start? I have a blank DVD ready to burn. I have heard about "decrapfier" and am quite tech savy. On other computers, I have immediately run a deleted file recovery program that showed what folder/files were removed on brand-new startup. Thank You--Dennis

A:Bought new laptop--what is next step?

Hi Dennis. . .

Boot the system, follow the screens. Once you reach Desktop, allow all Windows Updates to install -

www.update.microsoft.com

If there are OEM pre-installed apps you want to remove, use Revo Free - Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware

If the system came with a trial Internet Security Suite - get rid of it using app manufacturer's removal tool -

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase

Reboot upon completion. Install MSE - http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Enjoy Windows 7!

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bought-new-laptop-what-is-next-step-545895.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi Guys nbsp I need your help here I bought a refurbished T in Oct from Newegg It has a Win professional Today when I turned on the computer it first give out a brief it 15. bought in a has refurbished. t410 ... Oct. Now Thinkpad then it gave out a brief green screen Finally it will stay on a 'black' screen It seems that my screen is 'good' since it first has very briefly Thinkpad Recnetly I have downloaded software which I supspect it has virus on it Also to day before t410 refurbished. bought in Oct. 15. Now it has a ... I turned the computer t410 refurbished. bought in Oct. 15. Now it has a ... off I changed the computer time to Jun I am not sure if these activities are related to my 'black' screen nbsp I later connected a external display and I could do everything on it my external display is good nbsp Lenovo 'black' screen external display is working when the computer is turned on 'Thinkpad' briefly showed up then a brief green screen then goes to 'black' nbsp Please give me your advices Thanks nbsp Dan nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/t410-refurbished-bought-in-Oct-15-Now-it-has-a-black-screen/td-p/3338506
Relevancy 33.11%

Or do I have to buy a second $300 disc (sigh) just to sign on my new comp?