Windows Support Forum

When can I expect the New 2K Pavillion?

Q: When can I expect the New 2K Pavillion?

Hello there everyone, I'm interested in buying a new screen for my HP computer, when I came along a post concerning a new 2K Pavillion that apperently is upcoming (see this link: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/hp-pavilion-32-inch-qhd-display,news-52907.html ). Does anybody know when to expect it to be released in the Netherlands? Or how quickly products are released after the are released in the US?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/When-can-I-expect-the-New-2K-Pavillion/td-p/5610228
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: When can I expect the New 2K Pavillion?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 43.86%

What amount would I possibly be charged for labor for removing the hardware inside a tower and putting in a new tower that I provide. I feel sure that the labor cost is per hour but I don't know how long it would take someone to do the job.
I will be most interested in seeing your comments ASAP. And as usual, TIA.

Relevancy 43.86%

I am currently running: AMD-K2 500mhz processor, 512 ram, 48 speed cd, maxtor 7200rpm 60 gig hard drive, ATI Radeon 32 meg graphic card, Windows 98 SE

AMD-K2 500mhz CPU benchmarks:

WhetStone FPU 268 MWIPS
DhryStone ALU 907 MDIPS
Speed 501 MHz

Is this the best I can expect from my current hardware?

Thanks in advance for any help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-this-the-best-i-can-expect-amd-k2-500.68260/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, been a while!

I built a machine a while ago and its done me well so far but im plannig on giving it an upgrade or two to freshen it up.

currently it runs a AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz 6MB L3 Cache which I believe has a bus speed of 2000MHz
at the time I only had enough money to buy 1333MHz RAM so im looking to upgrade that.

now my question is if I change the ram out for some 2000MHz will my speed effectively increase by another 50%? due to the bus speed difference of around 50%.

or should I just buy another 8gb at 1333 to give my computer 16gb of ram?

thanks

A:What can I expect with new RAM?

What do you use the PC for?
You probably wouldn't see much difference with faster memory, if you are an average user.
Would you have need in more than 8GB of memory?

I'm currently running 8GB of DDR3-1600 and rarely see more than 4GB memory usage. I don't see a need in more memory or faster modules. Perhaps AMD is different than Intel, I'm not familiar with AMD configuration or performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-can-i-expect-with-new-ram.185822/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello Folks What do u expect ( from MS )from the later builds ? In short , your wishlist for future builds.

A:What do u expect now ?

16 hrs before thread was started and still no reply. I got my answer

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11463-what-do-u-expect-now.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Currently I run two sticks of 256 DDR = 512... But lately I've been thinking of maxing my board out to 2 gigs of ram.. My board supports dual channel memory so I guess two 1 gig sticks should be fine right..??.... What I'm wonder is what type of performance should I be expecting for having my system have 2 gigs of ram... I do light gaming all I really have right now that work my vid card is Halo CE other's are older but I just wouldn't mind having that extra ram... Any input from anyone here would be great just so I know what to expect when the day comes that I have the money to get the memory.

Relevancy 43%

Can I expect big OC improvements by removing the GPU shim and lapping the heatsink ?

Can anyone post results before and after ?

Thanx in advance

Specs:
AMD XP 2800+ (211x11.5) w/ CoolerMaster Aero 7+
Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev. 2 (1007 bios)
Corsair TwinX 400mhz, PC3200LL (2 x 512) (6,3,2,2)
WD Raptor HardDrive (10,000 rpm, 8mb cache, ATA150)
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro w/ Thermaltake Giant 2
SB Audigy 2
Lite-on 16x DVD
Creative 52x Remote CDROM
Sony 52x/24x/52x Burner
Zalman ZM-RS6F Theater 6 Headphones
Altec Lansing ACS56 4.1 Speakers
PowerTek 500 watt PS (dual fans & gold plated)
Aspire X-Alien Black Case w/ 6 LED case fans

A:Can I expect big OC improvements by...

No.

Assuming you mean "big OC improvements" by lowered temps by doing both of those, then

Removing the GPU shim - no change in temps.

Lapping the heatsink - Maybe 1 or 2 degrees if it's bad.

1 or 2 degrees - maybe 1MHz difference if you're lucky. But if you're running at such high speeds that the temperature is the limiting factor...well...:rolleyes:

IMHO, CPU's are semi-OK to overclock, but video cards is a completely different story. I saw major problems with my first overclocking experiment on my Radeon 8500LE.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-expect-big-oc-improvements-by.9386/
Relevancy 43%

I am trying to download a Sibelius Reference File but keep getting the message "expected a dict object".
I think this has something to do with Adobe but am not sure. I have tried increasing the cache size of my browser and changing to automatically emptying Temp Internet Folders on IE as was suggested by one web site but this has not helped.

Anyone else had this problem ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/expect-dict.1114433/
Relevancy 43%

Hi!
Before reinstall Windows, I had a blue screen error 0x00000051. After reinstall Windows, I get a blue screen error 0x000000F4.

A:BSOD when you do not expect

Only crash dumps are not enough.

Click on button below ....

It will download the DM log collector. Right click on the application and run as administrator. It will generate a .zip file on your desktop. Upload the .zip. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370680-bsod-when-you-do-not-expect.html
Relevancy 43%

I recently went to newegg to buy all of the parts to a personal computer, which I will get around Wednesday and start building then. What I want to know is, based on it's specifications, what it is capable of? so please tell me what performance I can expect to see after the build is done in programs like gaming, Vista, Photoshop, and any other kind of software you can think of. Thanks.

Intel Core 2 Duo 4500 Allendale 2.2GHz
Intel P35 chipset motherboard with no integrated graphics
PNY Geforce 8400 GS 256mb 64 bit Video Adapter
2 gigabytes DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) SDRAM
Card Reader
Antec case
DVD burner

Relevancy 43%

Im thinking of selling a custom computer of the following spec, im asking how much do you think i would get for this, it is only 7-8 months old, rarely used.. probably a maximum of around 1 months solid use.

Spec:

1TB Samsung spinpoint F1
Intel Core i7 Extreme edition
Dark power Pro 1000Watt modular power supply
Nvidia GTX 295 Graphics card.
Antec 902 Case.
Noctua double fanned CPU cooling.
12GB DDR3 Ram
DVD-R/RW Drive.

Any help appreciated.

A:How much money should i expect for this..

I'll give ya 50 but I doubt you'll accept it LOL

Sounds a nice set up should fetch afew quid pushing 1500 maybe, not sure though, its been years since I made a computer . And cool website too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-much-money-should-i-expect-for-this.910474/
Relevancy 43%

I recieved this as a going away present my assistant manager ordered me this but anywho, I wanted to jump right in and install it,But I got to thinking that I should maybe do some research before I jump into it, I have an older system Socket 7 200MHZ with 160MB of RAM,Elsa Winner II graphics card,Sound Blaster Live Card, USR WInmodem model #3CP5699A, My main concern is hardware compatability more specifically driver support, dealing with my modem and graphics card, I got lucky with WIn2k Pro, but the only problem I had with Win2k is it would throw a blue screen reading something like PnF lists corrupt, so I tossed it and back with Win ME I am.So Like I said before the only concern I have is XP will not recognize my modem or SoundCard?? Can someone Speculate to this being true or false.
Thanks
David

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/got-xp-rc1-today-what-can-i-expect.49849/
Relevancy 42.57%

I know it's a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string' question but what is a realistic router lifespan? I've had my netgear router for about 5 years now ... and I love it, it's so reliable, the dual band wifi is very decent, the firmware is rock solid, it never needs rebooting and everything just works well with it. But I worry that after 5 years it can't be long til it goes to silicon heaven. Of course I won't be able to find the same router again to replace it. And of course re configuring a new router given the amount of devices we have as well as access points latching into it is a real time consuming pain. It's rare to find such a reliable router as so many new ones whilst potentially good are riddled with buggy firmware. Anyone else had their routers for this amount of time or longer?

A:How long should I expect my router to last?

Most of the routers I've had over the years last about a year and then start having connection problems. I know its the routers as connecting directly to the ISP's modem and it would work OK but through the router(s) it was either intermittent or no communications.

My current router is an exception and has lasted longer than a year. It is an ASUS. My routers are powered on 24/7 and are connected to a UPS.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/66824-how-long-should-i-expect-my-router-last.html
Relevancy 42.57%

As you know, I am not computer-literate. I am upset about my XP. I do not know what to expect when I turn on my computer?

1) Will my computer still work?
2) I heard someone say I need a good free anti-virus, any suggestions?
3) Will I still have google chrome to check my e-mail?
4) Will I still be able to surf the web?

I really do not know what to expect. Please help (?)

Thank you.

A:Solved: What to Expect in April please?

It's just like what happened with Windows 98. Eventually support for most software including free antivirus' will stop but it will be a few years before that happens. Because official support is stopping it means no more windows update. Your machine will be vunerable to new attacks after support finishes.

If it makes you feel any better I have an old windows 98 machine that I use for old games, it uses IE5 and runs really well, never had any problems with it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-what-to-expect-in-april-please.1121916/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a copy of 64-bit XP that I want to install, but I'm not sure if it will be more hassle than benefit. I have 4GB of DDR2 memory, and x64 is the only OS that will take advantage of all four gigs.

Anyone here running x64, and if so, any advice?

A:XP Professional x64...what headaches can I expect?

So will Vista, but I'm sure you don't want to fight with it yet.

I run x64 on a second partition just for the heck of it. It seems like a good OS, but I can't speak from the program compatibility side. I've heard that a lot of 32bit applications won't work on it, however, I haven't had that problem Yet.

All of my games work fine, including lord of the rings online, command and conquer 3, and counterstrike 1.6/source. Even AVG runs great on it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-professional-x64-what-headaches-can-i-expect-168656.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi My android phone suddenly lost all network connection When I came home in two hours time and tried to log into my gmail I got message your password has been changed I managed to log in and change password to a new one I saw the recovery email was changed to some unknown to me which I to hacked what - expect? My gmail briefly changed back I also saw that this activity was from somewhere London I live near London but for my activity gmail shows my town No emails in inbox and in sent folder but in trash bin I saw two emails from Vodafone we got your call that you lost your phone and we blocked your phone we got your call for swapping your SIM card I called Vodavone and cancelled all this Once I got my SIM unblocked My gmail hacked - what to expect? I change gmail authentication to -step I realize that my gmail was hacked because I use it for about years without changing password and I used same password very long ago My gmail hacked - what to expect? on some other sites I also find my email was leaked when LinkedIn was hacked and my home address and phone could be available to hackers My question is what to expect next It is very difficult to find any information on my gmail because first I write to myself tons of very long emails and if I search words like 'bank' it brings hundreds pages of results second I try to keep all sensible information using hints known only to myself But could the hackers manage to copy all my gmail box during those two hours As far as I remember Google showed there was a login to gmail from Internet Explorer which wouldn't allow to copy the mail box Would it show if anybody tried to use POP protocol from not internet-based gmail Thanks

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/my-gmail-hacked-what-expect-4607494/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey everyone I wanted take some time on this last day of to compile some news sources rumors and thoughts spreading across the web and start a general discussion to see what the folks here on SF expect or would like to see in Windows in the What Windows Expect? 2015: we Can in coming year with or without regards to Windows Feel free to add your own thoughts ideas and stuff to the list as I will be mentioning the stuff that sparks my interest the most So here we go Windows Internet Explorer Spartan browser The most recent bit of news slash rumors regards one of the arguably most important piece of software on our devices and that of course is the web browser We already heard that IE might be getting a UI overhaul and possibly proper addon support back in September but as WinBeta reports Mary Jo Foley is hearing bits and pieces about codename quot Spartan quot a new and light-weight web browser based on an updated Trident engine and the quot new quot Chakra Javascript engine introduced with IE that will ship with Windows for both desktops and phones Here's where it gets interesting The new browser is not Internet Explorer as IE will still remain on desktops in Windows and Windows in 2015: What Can we Expect? it looks like there's no real answer yet as to how Spartan fits in But from what I personally can assume hope expect Microsoft is trying to fight both the stigma and the pressure of legacy support in one giant move Spartan on the desktop could be the quot updated IE quot that we've heard of back in September with the new UI addon support and the power to really make use of modern web standards At the same time websites with legacy code or those that are just hard coded to detect IE and treat it differently can make use of the existing Trident engine Right now IE has multiple rendering methods based on how a website is coded and implements them accordingly but this decreases performance With Spartan the updated Trident is supposed to take care of the modern web while the old Trident is supposed to activate only when needed based on compatibility This would significantly speed up IE Spartan and finally bring end user's attention to Microsoft's efforts on the browser front as it hasn't exactly been easy fighting the social stigma shadowing IE Personally I just hope that we won't actually have two physical browsers on the next version of Windows but rather Spartan as the forefront and IE as the compatibility layer beneath it perhaps something like XP Mode DirectX For gamers like me without actual gaming hardware like many other people across the world in different financial situations this year's reveal of DirectX at GDC still has me pumped up months later With benchmarks demonstrating an amazing performance increase to multi-threading and CPU utilization AND the fact that Microsoft claims that of current hardware on the market is already compatible with DirectX I most certainly hope that gaming will become much more quot budget quot friendly in the future Hardware will always have restrictions but if games start utilizing DX that might mean that it can run on any hardware regardless of its power They might not look as pretty as they could but at least they'd work I mean having that extra gig or two of RAM right now just an example is a make-or-break for gamers in their decision whether to buy a game or not - if game devs can reach out to more consumers by using DX to optimize performance they get more sales and we'll just be happy we can play It's a win-win situation from my standpoint Windows Phone Windows itself has changed a lot since the XP days Though Vista caused outrage from the public since its release it brought fourth an amazing new design and greatly improved usability with tons of new features went beyond that and is pretty much the reason why I've been sticking around Seven Forums for years I've watched too many people buy new PCs and stick with XP thinking nothing good would come from upgrading I guess by helping ... Read more

A:Windows in 2015: What Can we Expect?

Hi there

It's amazing that one of the REALLY GREAT features introduced in Windows 8 and carried on in Windows 10 is RARELY mentioned. STORAGE SPACES.

This is much much better than RAID - and you can MIX volume sizes so if you've got a load of say old laptop HDD's or other HDD's around you can AGGREGATE these into a single large storage space. You can have more than ONE storage space if you want and need more space -- dynamically add another HDD.

Really useful too if you start getting things like large multi-media libraries etc. This whole idea fnally gets rid of the Windows idiotic Volume idea of C, D, E etc. I just keep my OS on an SSD as a "classical C: volume and then have TWO sets of storage spaces.

Really does work a treat and is infinitely beeter than libraries too.

For Network sharing just share at the Folder level -- no probs sharing with W7 / XP / Linux etc.

For me the storage spaces idea made a switch to W8 well worth the inconvenience of the lack of a menu (now brought back in W10).

I like the idea also of being able to mount virtual ISO's without using 3rd party software and having the security built into the OS.

W7 was a GREAT system - but like XP it's time to at least THINK about moving on. I'm keeping W7 for a while still - I need some corporate software that won't yet run on W8 / W10.

W10 looks as if it could be a winner - and unlike W8 most users of W7 could run W10 without batting an eyelid.

However whether you remain with W7 or decide eventually to upgrade to W10 next year at least LOOK at the storage spaces concept. Very powerful and useful.

Storage Spaces: FAQ - Windows Help

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/356900-windows-2015-what-can-we-expect.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I am having a problem with my Kensington Expect Mouse ,track ball, working in my HP p2265f computer. I am running Win 7 Pro 64 bit. I have downloaded Kensington software, version 1.0.4, and after installing I try to open it and it locks up my system. Now when I go to Kensington web site they say their track ball, is Win 7 compatible so I figure I would have no problems. Now I have had this track ball, for a number of years and I am wondering if I need to buy a new one? Is anyone else having problems with their track ball? Does anyone have a fix?

A:Kensington Expect Mouse

I also want to ask you all. Below is the instructions on how to update my trackball on Win 7 and I have tried but still after installing the software my system locks up.
What I did was hook up my simple two button USB mouse and run the software and the reboot. I then remove the USB mouse and installed the USB trackball but it still will not working.
My question is am doing the installation correct or do I need to try a different way?

Installation Instructions:Download and run the installed EXE file.
Follow the onscreen instructions to install the driver.
Connect the trackball after the installer is complete.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/107332-kensington-expect-mouse.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, My HD seems to be running more slowly than I would expect. Was wondering if someone could help. I've attached a Hijackthis log. Thanks for any help you can provide.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hd-seems-to-be-running-more-slowly-than-i-would-expect.1043532/
Relevancy 42.57%

I am upgrading to socket A Motherboard and a 1 gig processor with DDR memory from a 533 celeron. I'd like to use the old 10.2 gig 5400 rpm Hard-drive. I've heard that I'll have problems. I've got everything ready to put together. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 42.57%

Recently upgraded. Want to sell my old card. What can I charge these days for a used 8600GT? Still works awesome.

A:What can I expect for a used GeForce 8600GT?

Well ... keep in mind that eBay auctions generally go up considerably in price during the last hour of bidding. lol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-can-i-expect-for-a-used-geforce-8600gt.157866/
Relevancy 42.57%

When will the new version of the F-Secure 2017?
Competition already has new versions.
What new can we expect from the new version of F-Secure in 2017 in addition to the improved engine?

A:What can we expect from F-Secure 2017

nastavnikhe said:

When will the new version of the F-Secure 2017?Click to expand...

Hmm... Either before 2017 starts or sometime during 2017 maybe?

nastavnikhe said:

What new can we expect from the new version of F-Secure in 2017 in addition to the improved engine?Click to expand...

Hopefully good zero-day behavioural protection features, such as virtualisation utilisation (via usage of hardware technology like VT-x/AMD-V SVM).

https://malwaretips.com/threads/what-can-we-expect-from-f-secure-2017.65411/
Relevancy 42.57%

from a shop, pre built say for example Currys, how much would you expect it to cost roughly?

Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2 (AM3) Motherboard - Retail

AMD Athlon II X3 Tri Core 450 3.20GHz (Socket AM3) - Retail

Tsunami Gaming Case - Black

Corsair Value Select 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 PC2-5300C4 667MHz Dual Channel Kit

HIS ATI Radeon HD 5570 1024MB GDDR3 SILENT PCI-Express Graphics Card (H557HO1G)

OCUK Swift 750W Silent Power Supply

OcUK Value 80GB IDE ATA-100 8MB Cache Hard Drive - (OEM) MD0800BJBW

Sony DVD-ROM 18X SATA DDU1681S-0B (Black) - OEM

A:How much would you expect this system to cost?

~40% higher than the individual component costs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-would-you-expect-this-system-to-cost.163499/
Relevancy 42.57%

My specs are:

MSI 6600GT PCI-X o/c to 385/1125
MSI K8N Neo4 SLI Platinum
AMD 64 3500 slightly o/c to 2.2GHz
1GB (2 x 512) OCZ PC3200 400MHz 2.5-3-3-7 timings
WD 36GB 10,000RPM Raptor.
WinXP SP2
Zalman 7000B Cu-Quiet CPU Cooler.

Hmm, my 3DMark05 score is 4175. Is this what I should expect with my 6600GT and system? On-line scores for the 6600GT can be a lot higher it seemed.

What are other ppl's scores/card/mobo/cpu.

A:What 3DMark05 score should I expect? What's yours?

that seams about normal for your system, i have a
A64 3000+
2gb ram 2-3-2-5
x800gt

i score 3900

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-3dmark05-score-should-i-expect-whats-yours.42640/
Relevancy 42.57%

I am switching my striker Extreme for a Striker II Formula. What kind of complications should I expect. Can I just switch them out?

A:Upgrading Mobo, what to expect

You will need to reformat you hardrive if you are changing mobo if you want it to work properly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-mobo-what-to-expect.676808/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have not followed closely but it seems little news traffic about the Lenovo potential product launches next week in Berlin. Should I get my hopes up for any updates to P50/P70? The pro versions of the Xeon chips? Pascal GPUs? better panels?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/do-we-expect-a-P51-in-IFA-2016-next-week/td-p/3414765
Relevancy 42.57%

Quote With the launch of Windows less than a week away here s what you can expect to find when the operating system launches on July It s not quite as simple as Windows will be available that day Windows Insiders read Windows preview testers will get first dibs when Windows launches on July while everyone else will see a staggered roll out over the following days In other words if you haven t yet reserved your free upgrade from Windows or Windows now would be the time to do so Microsoft recently began offering reservations through a pop-up message in the Windows notification center Microsoft says it will use the rollout to check compatibility and to listen learn and update the experience for all Windows users However the company notes that the vast majority of PCs running Windows and higher should be fully compatible though the compatibility checker doesn t recognize Nvidia s Windows on Windows to expect What July 29 10: -compatible GeForce GTX Ti graphics card As a reminder all users running Windows or Windows can get a free upgrade to Windows within a year of the July launch after which the price will be Windows What to expect on July PCWorld

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-what-to-expect-on-july-29-a-1023130.html
Relevancy 42.57%

anyone know the scoop? Will there even be a PC version made available?

Relevancy 42.57%

I just purchased an Acer e1-571 i5-3230m 8gb of total memory and 750 gb hard drive 2.6 CPU speed and hd 4000 Gpu video type. Anybody have experience gaming with this laptop?

A:What can I expect performance wise?

yea mines a acer i3 400 gb intel hd 4000 i know your i5 and have better ram so think 2x more.minecraft runs about 30-50 fps average which means most other games run 20 fps on this so you should have around 60 on most games since you have 8gb ram +2.6 you will most likley be statisfied with what you have. the one thing thogh is that the intel hd 4000 isnt the best around...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-can-i-expect-performance-wise.1098142/
Relevancy 42.14%

I can't imagine going back to versions do future of you What from Windows? want/expect pre-Windows without the 'winkey right left' snapping It makes managing things so much easier for me I can't imagine going back to pre Windows with it's new move copy dialouge box making it so individual files can be paused and each job is placed neatly in the same window instead of loads of them either covering one another or being all over the screen Windows itself makes it easier to move files around by moving certain folders into 'My Computer What do you want/expect from future versions of Windows? This PC' If I move something to This PC Downloads the navigation pane doesn't auto expand to C Users Karl Downloads instead I only have to visit two areas of the windows explorer navigation pane This PC and Recycle Bin I hope that one day we get the ability to see the file size of a folder as well as files and perhaps the ability to choose weather that filesize is bytes What do you want/expect from future versions of Windows? kb mb gb tb etc I'd also kinda like Microsoft Security Essentials aka Windows Defender to return to form and Windows Movie Maker pre 'Live' overhaul just with modernized filetype associations and HD video capabilities

A:What do you want/expect from future versions of Windows?

imho, there is way too much plumbing in the OS now, if all that cack is stripped out and Metro disabled, the OS will be Lightning fast. It IS Lightning fast:

I recently installed ex7forW8, which totally disables the Start Screen by installing Windows 7's Explorer.Exe, which also puts the old Start Menu back in.

I re ran my PC assessment, and it went up from 3.4 to 3.5, so now I have the speed of Windows 8 and the Start Menu of 7. This will not work in 8.1 though.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35915-what-do-you-want-expect-future-versions-windows.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I feel a little bit like someone who saw a UFO I know what I saw but I don't expect anyone to believe me But I have to tell Believe to Expect Don't Weird I You Encryption Event the story Maybe someone knows what happened Last Weird Encryption Event I Don't Expect You to Believe April I upgraded the HDD on my Vostro The HDD was encrypted with Symantec PGP Whole Disk Encryption Rather than wait what I knew from experience would be an eight-hour decryption ordeal I simply removed the HDD from the laptop in its current encrypted state and replaced it with the new larger HDD Then using commercial image backup software I restored the backup I had made the previous weekend and encrypted the new HDD with WDE After everything was working smoothly I put the old HDD in a box with some other stuff--thinking I'd wipe it if needed No need to fret since it was encrypted anyway Weird Encryption Event I Don't Expect You to Believe This weekend I got a new SSD to replace the new HDD already in the Vostro This time I decided to decrypt the HDD fully and then use my commercial software to copy the unencrypted HDD to the new SSD using a cable that allows you to use the external HDD drive as a USB drive After installing the new SSD I reecrypted it Finally I wiped the removed HDD and formatted it to NTFS as a single partition My Vostro is running Win Pro I have a desktop that runs Win Pro Rather than let that HDD space go to waste I took the HDD to my desktop running Win and encrypted it with Bitlocker as an empty drive Took less than a minute Took the HDD back to the Vostro using it as a USB Unlocked it and stored some files on it then disconnected it and stored it away Remembering that I still had the old smaller HDD from last April I grabbed it and attached it as a USB As expected the WDE hid the HDD from Win In Administrative Tools Computer Management Disk Management the entire HDD was marked as unallocated space since it was encrypted with WDE I didn't want to decrypt it since it had nothing of value on it so I opened Paragon Partition Manager free edition and deleted the whole drive then reformatted it as a single partition with NTFS I took the empty reformatted HDD over to the desktop running Win and encrypted it with Bitlocker unplugged it and re-attached it to the Vostro as a USB The Vostro didn't see it as a USB nor did I get the Bitlocker pop-up to enter the password so I opened Administrative Tools Computer Management Disk Management To my surprise I was looking at three unlabeled partitions on the HDD OEM Recovery and OS I gave each a letter and Win immediately opened the drives as external USBs I looked at the OS partition and all my files were there I checked my Documents folder and the files I recalled from April were all there I even opened an old PDF perfectly I am not dreaming Everything mentioned is the whole truth Does this mean there is indeed a back door into Symantec PGP WDE Does this mean WDE and Bitlocker is a bogus effort to make us feel safe Why would using Bitlocker on a previously deleted drive with encrypted data suddenly allow all those files to be accessible again as if I had never encrypted them--twice Please explain it to me Just don't tell me I must have done something wrong

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389695-weird-encryption-event-i-dont-expect-you-believe.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys I want to get a laptop to use for school projects like slideshows and videos gaming H V CS S and surfing the web do people still say much I can and school a expect pay for laptop games? How for to that and I d like to hear from someone who knows more about it than me How much can I expect to pay for a laptop for school and games? about how mush it would cost Here s an extensive list of what I d like it to have - Windows Vista Home Premium there s already - At least a Ghz CPU - Mid- to high-end graphics card GeForce maybe - A good sound card nothing fancy - At least a - GB hard drive reasonably fast say RPM is that fast - At least GB of RAM - A relatively small screen size - quot so I don t have to be carrying around a huge bag - Decent networking capabilities How much can I expect to pay for a laptop for school and games? good enough to download stuff play games online and use my school s wireless I hope I didn t miss anything I don t know much about laptops so any advice How much can I expect to pay for a laptop for school and games? or insight is helpful On Apple s website there s a thing where you can play with upgrades and a few other settings to customize your computer and it tells you how much it would cost But Macs are lousy for gaming so I tried to find a thing like that for PC laptops but had no luck Thanks nbsp

A:How much can I expect to pay for a laptop for school and games?

Dude, how much are you planning on spending? Those are some pretty heavy specs for a lappy. I really don't think you need quite that specs for basic gaming (though definitely get someone else's opinion, I only know from what I've looked at and such). but try Dell, they've got some pretty good deals. however, if you really do want even higher specs, you might wanna try something like Alienware.
Again, I'm no expert, but for a lappy those are some pretty high end specs.

Oh yeah, lol. BTW, if I understood you right...you're talking 4-5 grand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-can-i-expect-to-pay-for-a-laptop-for-school-and-games.77844/
Relevancy 42.14%

Intel has a stable driver release dated 3/8/2016 for HD520 graphics. The i5-6200U found in this laptop is specifically mentioned. This driver can not be installed on the 471T by any traditional/standard means. Acer needs to package a newer driver release for this laptop desperately. Doesn't matter what I do, this machine is plagued with constant GPU driver crashes, especially while browsing the web (browser choice doesn't matter). This is a WIDELY KNOWN issue with skylake laptops, and is largely solved by a driver update, but this can not be done without an Acer packacged driver release. Running 5 months behind schedule on driver releases is not even reasonable. Shame on you Acer. If you want to be taken seriously get this done now. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25818/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-

A:R5-471T, When can we expect an Acer supported GPU ...

For those of you not interested in waiting.... Use winrar to extract the exe to a folder, then follow these instructions: https://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/558749190911446231/

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/R5-471T-When-can-we-expect-an-Acer-supported-GPU-driver-update/td-p/423241/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade to a 7600GT video card. However, the 8600GT designed to replace the 7600GT is expected to come out on April 17th.

I can and would rather wait until after April 17th if it would mean the prices of the 7600GT will drop significantly. The problem is that there is a 30$ rebate at my local computer store until March 31st.

So could anyone help out and tell me if the prices of the 7600GT will drop? And if they will, how much will it be? Maybe past prices of th 6600GT will be an indication?

Anything would be helpful, and thanks in advance.

A:Should I expect a 7600GT price drop?

Just buy one now, with the $30 rebate. The prices might take awhile to go down $30.

Although it is HIGHLY advisable to stretch and get an 8600GT. VERY HIGHLY advisable, as it will own the 7600GT's rear end.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-expect-a-7600gt-price-drop.73116/
Relevancy 42.14%

Intel has a stable driver release dated 3/8/2016 for HD520 graphics. The i5-6200U found in this laptop is specifically mentioned. This driver can not be installed on the 471T by any traditional/standard means. Acer needs to package a newer driver release for this laptop desperately. Doesn't matter what I do, this machine is plagued with constant GPU driver crashes, especially while browsing the web (browser choice doesn't matter). This is a WIDELY KNOWN issue with skylake laptops, and is largely solved by a driver update, but this can not be done without an Acer packacged driver release. Running 5 months behind schedule on driver releases is not even reasonable. Shame on you Acer. If you want to be taken seriously get this done now. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25818/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-

A:R5-471T, When can we expect an Acer supported GPU ...

For those of you not interested in waiting.... Use winrar to extract the exe to a folder, then follow these instructions: https://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/558749190911446231/

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/R5-471T-When-can-we-expect-an-Acer-supported-GPU-driver-update/td-p/423241
Relevancy 42.14%

In a router, if I bocked all ports expect port 80 for certain IP. Will that IP be able to browse the internet? I need to block all ports expect port 80 for security reasons and I don't want this ip to have internet access

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/block-all-ports-expect-port-80.970639/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, fresh installed August 8, 2015.

When can I expect to receive the 1607 anniversary update that began rolling out a month ago?

I know it can be manually downloaded, but that's not what I want.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Ren?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62594-when-can-i-expect-receive-anniversary-edition.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I searched for reviews, couldn't find any. Wondering what type of gaming to expect with this card ATI MOBILITY RADEON IGP 345M + Pentium 4m 3.06ghz 1mb l2 cache and 1gig ram. Really looking forward to any replies, thanks.

A:ATI MOBILITY RADEON IGP 345M what can i expect to do with this?

Well, the specs are for a whole computer, but for just the graphics, the ATi Mobility Radeon IGP 345M probably won't handle a lot of modern games with any high settings.
--kitty
P.S. Welcome to TechSpot forums!!!!! :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-mobility-radeon-igp-345m-what-can-i-expect-to-do-with-this.63581/
Relevancy 42.14%

I uninstalled OneDrive a while back, but some programs flash up a warning that it can't be found when saving new files. Looking at the registry, I find numerous references to One Drive (and its predecessor, SkyDrive), so it seems to be embedded in Windows, even though I thought it was removed.

I'm curious to know if anyone has met this problem and solved it. It's an occasional irritant, but I'd like to think my system was free of OneDrive.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/60601-onedrive-uninstalled-but-some-programs-still-expect.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi we've had a Verizon T1 Internet Circuit installed in our US office and although I've asked the Verizon rep to confirm what kind of presentation it will be at the demarc I get the feeling he doesn't know what he's talking about. He is saying that it will be a RJ45/RJ48 Ethernet presentation from their line box on the wall. Is this normal?

I was expecting some kind of serial link.

A:Verizon T1 Internet Circuit - What to expect?

Yes. That's normal. The T1 cards Cisco, Juniper, Brocade, etc, use a RJ48 (which is really the same plug as RJ45 but with different voltage and pinouts.) I have three Cisco routers in my lab which have T1 cards in them all interconnected with a custom crossover cable I made.

If you don't have a WAN interface on your router/firewall which can accept the RJ48 handoff, you will need to request a modem from them which will convert the T1 handoff into a standard Fast Ethernet connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/verizon-t1-internet-circuit-what-to-expect.1007229/
Relevancy 42.14%

Alright a few months ago I you Is what Missing (Not NTLDR Solved: expect) got a brand new PC Custom built by myself A gaming rig ANYWAY After a while I downloaded updated with a BIOS update I was running Windows XP bit at the time After I done the BIOS update I started getting NTLDR Is Missing error Last week I purchased a WinXP bit Solved: NTLDR Is Missing (Not what you expect) off ebay I have gb RAM and couldn t use it all on bit you know the story Today it arrived So I spent the whole day sorting out my PC moving stuff from my bit XP hard drive to my Win hard drive Both are internal so could access via My Computer I put in the bit installation disc and when the setup came up I deleted the XP Partition to delete everything on it I then done a Full Format Which took roughly hours and installed Everything went smoothly Here s where the problem kicks in As you can see from my specs I have a Gigabyte motherboard I installed everything using the Gigabyte disc I got with my motherboard Again everything went smooth However on restart it still says NTLDR is missing Now I ve looked in C And NTLDR it IS there along with NTDETECT Here s where it gets strange On my BIOS settings I have the boot priority like this CD-ROM Hard Drive Floppy Disk So if there is a cd inside my computer and its bootable well you know but for those who don t It will ask me do I want to boot from the cd Alright Now If i DON T boot from the cd windows starts up without ANY problems However If I don t have a cd in i get NTLDR is missing I ve tried the DOS fix but I just get Access Is Denied I switched to the other quot Section quot in DOS quot F quot and it asks for a password How do I fix this I ve had this problem since my BIOS update back on bit about a long time ago And also please remember NTLDR IS there in my C drive So I have absolutely no idea why it doesn t detect it if there isn t a bootable cd in the drive Edit -- Here s my PC Specs in case they are needed Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Hard Drive GB Total Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Sound Card Realtek HD Audio output Speakers Headphones Soundforce Surround Sound w Subwoofer Keyboard USB Root Hub Mouse USB Root Hub Mouse Surface Technika Laser Mouse Operating System Windows XP Professional x Edition Build Service Pack Motherboard Gigabyte MA GMT-S AM Ready Computer Case Concept Of Life - CIC Click to expand nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Anyone have any idea when we would see the P70 updated with the Kaby Lake 7th Generation Intel processor? Seems like the flagship portable workstation should have the newer processor and if I understand it correctly it should be easy to do since the chip architecture is similar.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P70-When-can-we-expect-Kaby-Lake-7th-Gen-Intel/td-p/3461471
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey all,

First, choose an option from the above poll. If your choice is "Yes I need", please answer to the following questions.

1. What do you expect from a phone book software?
2. What kind of fields (kind of data you can enter eg: first name, last name, ph. No. , address) do you expect to have from it?
3. If you are willing to pay for it (something very small like 25$), on which advantage the software have you will mostly consider?
4. if you have used such a app before, what are the features that app didn't had but you needed?
5. Do you like to have a software which you don't need to install, and run in any platform (windows, linux, mac, etc) without even a single change?

Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Dell Inspiron E that was running fine up until about a week ago Since then it is running very slow McAfee virus scan and Ad-Aware are not finding any problems Everything is slow Boot up a virus very slow, Running expect opening folders opening browsers Mozilla IE Chrome surfing web DDS worked for me but GMER causes a blue screen I should Running very slow, expect a virus have a re-install Running very slow, expect a virus repair disk for this from Dell Please help me Running very slow, expect a virus verify if I have a virus and if so help me remove it Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Brandy at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system FsUsbExService Exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C WINDOWS system lxdxcoms exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C DOCUME Brandy LOCALS Temp clclean C Program Files Lexmark - Series lxdxmon exe C Program Files Lexmark - Series ezprint exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung New PC Studio NPSAgent exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Documents and Settings Brandy Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Documents and Settings Brandy Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uDefault Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ibd uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO EBBD F - F F- A - DC-C D E A - No File BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptsn dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c ... Read more

A:Running very slow, expect a virus

Hello and welcome to Tech Support Forum.

My name is km2357 and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

I will be giving you a series of instructions that need to be followed in the order in which I give them to you.

If for any reason you do not understand an instruction or are just unsure then please do not guess, simply post back with your questions/concerns and we will go through it again.

Please do not start another thread or topic, I will assist you at this thread until we solve your problems.

Lastly the fix may take several attempts and my replies may take some time but I will stick with it if you do the same.

Sorry for the delay in replying, the forum is very busy. If you still need help, please post a fresh DDS Log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/running-very-slow-expect-a-virus-458432.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I recently applied for a position at Comcast as a High-Speed Internet Customer Account Executive. I am hoping that someone here could help give me some insight on what to familiar myself with in order to help get the job.

What type of questions are asked and what is expected of me in order to move forward? Any inside knowledge would be appreciated. Technology, internet, and network security are all things that interest me greatly, but having an idea of what to expect would be even better.

I have heard that simple questions like what is a MAC address and what does DHCP mean will be asked, so anything else, including specific job descriptions and deciding factors are mainly what I am after. If I can get that inside edge on the competition, it just may help out in the end.

Thanks,

JR

A:Comcast Interview: What to expect and prepare for -

If the job is what I think it is then personally I would learn all the ins and outs of the following - networks, firewalls, protocols, networking hardware, also learn about cable technology such as acceptabile signal limits and hardware and whatnot, learning about multiple OSes never hurt you never know when your going to be asked why something non windows based isn't working....

Usually though don't most of these reps run through a prebuilt script? you may get in more trouble ot following the script (unless this postion is level 2 or 3 or something).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comcast-interview-what-to-expect-and-prepare-for.405834/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello everyone,

My machine is currently going to a BSOD, most of the time when I'm not around to see it, and then restarting. The only reason I even realize it has crashed is becauuse it has that "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown" or whatever window.

Anyway, I've dealt with this hassle for a while now and I'm hoping to finally figure it out. A friend has pointed me here and I am hopeful that with your wisdom I can finally figure out what's going on!

I have attached the information requested in the BSOD posting instructions. Please just let me know what else I can do to help.

Thank you all in advance for all of your help. It is greatly appreciated!

-Joel

A:I get random BSOD and I have no idea when to expect it.

Sorry, already making mistakes!!!

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (Full Retail)
AMD X4 Processor (2.8 GHz Quad-Core)
About a year old setup.
About a year old installation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200386-i-get-random-bsod-i-have-no-idea-when-expect.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello Forgive me if this post is in bad taste but I am on both sides of the fence when it comes to computer security I am a little old school in my mentality when it comes to security breaches on a computer systems I have always believed that you st Backup your software don t rely on Windows OS to do this for you nd Update your software Again if your running Windows OS you have a lot to do rd Use Anti-Virus software Not all companies are the same nor do they detect the same threats I am asking for help in what you expect in an Anti-Virus company so I may pass this on to What Company? expect do from you Anti-Virus a help my company do better job in the eyes of the Security field What do you expect when your Anti-Virus Software detects a threat What do you expect when your Anti-Virus Software detects a False What do you expect from a Anti-Virus Company? positive Yes we live in a world of mistakes What do you expect when your Anti-Virus Software did not detect a threat or didn t remove it Do you think that Anti-Virus should be a cure all for all your security needs Or should it be compatible with other software How should an Anti-Virus company please everyone As a fellow security professional how do you explain to someone not so computer knowledgeable the difference between Adware Malware virus worms browser hijack Trojan and other unknown classifications of bad software I have an open mind when it comes to subjects Please if you have the time to respond please do so respectfully

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/366679/what-do-you-expect-from-a-anti-virus-company/
Relevancy 41.71%

so about 2 months ago I made the absolute best computer I could find parts for..

Here's the specs:

windows vista ultimate 32 bit
4 gb's of ram (more like 3.35) (1333 mhz ddr3)
two ati 2900 xt's in sli (1 gb vram when in sli)
q6600 ~ 3.0 ghz
water cooling on almost everything (northbridge, cpu, southbridge, but not on the video cards)
blitz extreme motherboard

I don't get it, it doesn't run crysis near as well as my other one (vista ultimate, 3 gb 800 mhz ram, 8800 gts, e6750 ~ 3.3 ghz)

and it doesn't even run WORLD OF WARCRAFT well.

The temps are at a reasonable level (all of it is below 50 celsius)

and I have updated the drivers.

I don't understand, shouldn't this be an amazing pc?

A:Solved: Why doesn't this computer run things like I expect it to?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-why-doesnt-this-computer-run-things-like-i-expect-it-to.656702/
Relevancy 41.71%

first off i have a crappy comp, i used to have 98se and could play all my games on it no probs at all but on xp pro i cant play anything but the sims and ages of empires, i cant find any updates for my drivers for my video card
there all for 98 and below i have a laguna logic 5464 video card i know its crappy but i could play everything on 98se.

the two games i really wanna play on this mechine is microsoft flight simulator 2003 and microsoft train simulator but they both play in safemode

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi I tried something using the SUMIFS but it does not really work as I expect it to I ve attached a screenhot and a file with some sample code There are several columns A DAYNAME B DATE C WEEKNR some blank columns H STARTTIME I ENDTIME J SUMOF HOURS L WEEK SUM there is namedrange lunch in K which subtracts that time when SUMOF HOURS is calculated All this works fine Column L In this column I have forula using SUMIFS that adds all the values in what Excel Solved: 2010 SUMIFS I doing expect not RANGE Column J RANGE Column C value for that row in C Sampe formula in L which is copied down to Row Code IF AND VALUE C gt J lt gt quot quot SUMIFS J J C C VALUE C quot quot The default font color iw white on white and the coditional format makes it BLACK pwr week group So all Week is added together All Week is added together I use the column Q as extra test to set it TRUE or FALS so when TRUE the font is black visible in L The problem is that the coloring works fine but the Week does not sum except for the first weeks per block Week and week are doing just that but week is I cannot figure it out I could write this out Solved: Excel 2010 SUMIFS not doing what I expect in a macro and make it work but a formula should make this work too What am I not doing right nbsp

A:Solved: Excel 2010 SUMIFS not doing what I expect

Hi
The correct answer for L8 is 24 but it is formatted as "Time" so 24 Hrs is actually 00:00:00 in the 24 hour clock. To get the number of hours you need to set the format as Number and change your formula to

Code:
=IF(AND(VALUE($C4)>0,$J4<>""),SUMIFS($J$4:$J$29,$C$4:$C$29,VALUE($C4))*24,"")
the "*24" converts time to number of hours

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2010-sumifs-not-doing-what-i-expect.1126017/
Relevancy 41.71%

With only MB of memory I find it running out rather quickly-- but here's the thing It'll be on all day with no problems multiple programs open and suddenly within a matter of secondsthe resource Resource Drains Expect Malware? Or -- It Suddenly meter clicks to and Windows XP pops up with that little alert in the right hand corner I'm wondering if this could be mal spy adware or not Spybot and Ad-Aware Personal did pull up a few results that led me to believe this There is also a few odd exes starting up with my computer Since I just upgraded to XP from ME to eliminate my problems I'm a little new to this edition of Windows and am wondering if I should be concerned about these new entries in the Processes box Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess WENGINE wmonitor exec program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exec PROGRA mcafee com Resource Suddenly Drains -- Expect It Or Malware? vso mcvsrte exeC PROGRA MCAFEE COM PERSON MPFSER EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system Tablet Resource Suddenly Drains -- Expect It Or Malware? exec PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exeC Program Files Resource Suddenly Drains -- Expect It Or Malware? iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exec progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exeC PROGRA MCAFEE COM PERSON MPFTRAY EXEC PROGRA mcafee com mps mscifapp exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess FastLane IPMon exeC Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess FastLane IPClient exeC WINDOWS system tbctray exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Plaxo PlaxoHelper exeC Program Files KODAK KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exec program files mcafee com agent mcagent exeC PROGRA MCAFEE COM PERSON MPFAGENT EXEc progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exeC ad-away HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www neopets com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http start earthlink net AL SearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS SYSTEM blank htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS SYSTEM blank htmR - URLSearchHook SrchHook Class - F B - C- -A B -D BD DCBB - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess elnIE dllR - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX file missing O - BHO EarthLink ScamBlocker V - F D - BAA- - -EECB CD E - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Toolbar EScamBlk dllO - BHO McBrwHelper Class - B AA -DAF - -BD D- F BCB E - c program files mcafee com mps mcbrhlpr dllO - BHO McAfee PopupKiller - EC F-E - cae- B B-B C A - c program files mcafee com mps popupkiller dllO - BHO EarthLink PopUp Blocker V - ACF B- D - -B -A F DB - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Toolbar ElnkPuB dllO - BHO Earthlink Protection BHO - D -D D - - -FE A BD - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Toolbar ProtctIE dllO - BHO Uninstall Legacy Earthlink Toolbar - E C-DF - C -BBAD- DB BE - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Toolbar uninsttb dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS system msdxm ocxO - Toolbar EarthLink Toolbar - C - F - -B A - EE - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Toolbar Toolbar dllO - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progr... Read more

A:Resource Suddenly Drains -- Expect It Or Malware?

Should I be bumping this?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/42884/resource-suddenly-drains-expect-it-or-malware/
Relevancy 41.71%

i just got rid of win 7 home secrurity and i went to malwareexperts.com and followed there directions. i deleted the program that got rid of it but whenever i enter normal mode it shows that the .dilld or something isntworking and when i open for example internet explorer it works for a sec and then completely freezes but dosnt show the error message or not work in safe mode thanks in advance!

A:My windows 7 is not leting me do anything literally expect on safemode

Tom, hello and welcome to Sevenforums!

Try these tutorials (read them completely, don't skim over):
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker Try it in safe mode or use "Option One", and...
Startup Repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/205149-my-windows-7-not-leting-me-do-anything-literally-expect-safemode.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Zemana last updated their AntiLogger Free product in November 2015 to provide full support for Windows 10, amongst other fixes.

Latest version as of date, 1.8.2.320.

Apart from bug fixes, could we expect any further enhancements to ZAL Free this year (2016)?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/could-we-expect-any-enhancements-to-zemana-antilogger-free.60940/
Relevancy 41.71%

Dear Friendly Team,First, thanks so much for helping out all us confused computer users and lending your talents and knowledge.I posted a HJT log on the BleepingComputer.com > Security > HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum. I made a mistake and added some more information via a reply (thus bumping my topic - then saw the notice that said not to do that). Okay. I got a message on Sept 8 (rightfully) admonishing me for bumping my topic and it said "Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible." Could you give any idea how long this may be? Many, many postings that went up at the same time as and after mine have been taken care of. I just would like to get some idea. Thanks very much.My rootkit topic link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255590/remaining-infections-from-windows-safety-center/Megatron2017

A:How long should I expect to wait for a response to my logs?

These guys have helped me several times here.. the last time I was sent to HJ section.. it generally takes over a week or so for some 1 to get to you..but can take any number of days/weeks as these guys do this on there own free will and in there own spare time.. Of course after finally being cleaned up I did donate as I felt it needed considering all the time it took to get my comp clean... Just be patient and I assure you some 1 will get to you and help you and for the record. These peeps here are very good and thank god for this site as so many sites try to harm your comp not many try to fix it :-)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/258446/how-long-should-i-expect-to-wait-for-a-response-to-my-logs/
Relevancy 41.71%

I am sorry if this has been asked and answered before I did a search and read with Code? expect 8.1 I an problems Can loading 8 Product the tales of woe on the subject Mostly they were a bit old datewise Anyway here goes I have a W laptop and desktop Can I expect problems loading 8.1 with an 8 Product Code? I bought X Windows Pro packages I updated my laptop to Windows Pro bit all perfect no problems Never updated the desktop Many months later yesterday in fact I ordered a new desktop The retailer is loading Windows Pro for me on the new desktop and I gave him the Product Key from the second package Will he have any problems loading Pro on my new system with my Pro Product Key Is there a proven method to load with an key If so could someone please point me at it I am asking in preparation in case the retailer has problems so Can I expect problems loading 8.1 with an 8 Product Code? I can point him in the right direction I am hoping with the time passed that my question has been answered by Microsoft Thanks in anticipation

A:Can I expect problems loading 8.1 with an 8 Product Code?

Not so much MS, however the installer should know by now and have the generic product key to install Win 8.1 pro and activate using your win 8 pro product Key hopefully they will clean install the 8.1 pro rather than upgrade a win 8 pro!!!

Windows 8.1 Single Language Y9NXP-XT8MV-PT9TG-97CT3-9D6TC
Windows 8.1 Core 334NH-RXG76-64THK-C7CKG-D3VPT
Windows 8.1 Pro XHQ8N-C3MCJ-RQXB6-WCHYG-C9WKB

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/43910-can-i-expect-problems-loading-8-1-8-product-code.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I bought it for 40bucks, its a Dell Desktop Dell Optiplex Intel celeron D 2.8ghz, one pciex1 slot, and 3 pci slots. 2GB of memory, Windows Pro edition(which i plan to install), 250Watts PSU(i am buying a 400watts Spare).

So i am curious what can i expect?
I am picking up the rig next monday

Also, what can i expect from that computer vs my Pentium III 600mhz?

A:Finally Bought my Secondary Computer, What to expect?

Well, for one it's going to be a LOT faster than your P3 600....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/finally-bought-my-secondary-computer-what-to-expect.123954/
Relevancy 41.71%

Vista Ultimate 64 SP2 system.
Kaspersky upgrade caused major corruption....following their tech instructions....now Windows update no longer works. Can't fix because Net Framework is corrupted.
Tried all the Microsoft fixes....uninstalled Net Framework per instuctions, reinstalled. Verification tool says they are not working properly!!!
Can't do a repair because my original disk is an SP1.
It was recommended that I do a reinstall from the original disk.
But the original disk was an Uprade version & I did a clean install over 5 years ago.
What problems, if any, can I expect?
I'm assuming that my files will not be erased!!

A:What to expect when reinstalling an uprade edition of Vista SP 1 over SP2

First off, Backup (copy paste, or drag, drop) your User files (pictures, music, documents etc, not programs) to a USB HDD or DVD.
Next go to Start/Search and type CMD. Right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing system files.
If this doesn't fix the problem, you can boot off of your Vista disc and choose Repair Your Computer. This also will replace any missing system files. It doesn't matter about SP2.
If you Reinstall, You will end up with SP1 and you will have to update your system, and you will have all of your files placed in a Windows.old file on the newly installed Windows system.
Then you can restore them at your leisure and then delete that folder when you're ready But it is always wise to manually backup first before doing anything and keep a current backup at all times, just in case something doesn't go well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/what-to-expect-when-reinstalling-an-uprade-edition-of-vista-sp-1-over-sp2-833266.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Right now I'm using my A8N-E's onboard audio and am thinking about getting a sound card. Will there be a noticable difference in overall system performance (mainly gaming) by doing this?

Relevancy 41.28%

I have a copy of each meant for new pc's i built while Vista was still the latest version, only now do I plan to install the OS (for one I bought Vista OEM, then 7 upgrade to apply, haven't installed either) on these machines.
-for the fresh 7 OEM install, I'll assume many, many updates will be installed, yet all will run smooth, hmm?
-for the other box, Vista OEM goes in first, then the 7 upgrade: Should I prevent any Vista updates from installing before I proceed w/ the 7 upgrade? Thanks, Dehick.

A:Win 7 upgrade and OEM unused: expect UPDATE issues once installed?

Windows 7 Upgrades require at least Vista SP1 as the base license - or you can use the double-install method to clean-install the Win7.
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/266320-win-7-upgrade-oem-unused-expect-update-issues-once-installed.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi everyone, Yesterday, I have upgraded my PC to windows 10.After, completing the installation process, all my function key works expect BRIGHTNESS keys. Please, specify a way to get my keys in working condition.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/All-Function-key-works-expect-brightness-increase-and/td-p/5665671
Relevancy 41.28%

Dell Inspiron 518
32 Bit System
2 Processor Cores
64 Bit Capable

S.M.A.R.T. Status OK
Win. Vista Home Premium
Intel. (r) Core (TM) 2DUO CPU E7200 @ 2.53 GHz Cores (2)
Intel (R) G33/G1 Express Chipset Family
Ram 4g
Harddrive Family 200g

I would like to Install Win. 7 Premium Upgrade over the Vista Home Premium I now have

Can you give me idea of what problems I may run into?
Like would I need new drivers?
Would I need new drivers?

A:Win 7 Upgrade over vista Home Premium any problems to expect?

This is a duplicate thread, so I've requested a Moderator to close it.

Please do NOT submit multiple threads for the same issue.

---------------------------------------------------------

I've replied to your other thread.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-upgrade-over-vista-home-premium-any-problems-to-expect.1041343/
Relevancy 40.85%

Microsoft has sent out media invites for an event it's hosting on October 6 in New York City where it'll share news regarding devices running Windows 10. The Redmond-based company didn't let on as to what exactly it has in...

Read more

A:Microsoft schedules Windows 10 hardware event for October 6, here's what to expect

Too little too late. Moving to the Nexus 5x at the end of the month. I really wanted to believe in Windows Phone, but it has just been stagnant for too long.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-schedules-windows-10-hardware-event-for-october-6-heres-what-to-expect.219338/
Relevancy 40.85%

i bought a new computer P ghz mb ram gb hd XP a preserio has lots of typical software that came with the computer OLD computer Celeron mhz mb ram hd WIN a Kmart bluelight years old heavily used just bare bones software antivirus firewall couple of other software items Both are using the same DSL connection same confiquations --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My OLD computer is FASTER in many ways My new computer takes about - minutes to boot up completely to windows OLD computer about minutes My new computer takes about - seconds to open a desktop icon or a program OLD computer takes less time My new computer once surfing is fast SOON NEED ADVICE --VS---Celeron,633mhz,28mb--I EXPECT P4,2.3ghz,128mb dsl but a tad slower than my OLD P4,2.3ghz,128mb --VS---Celeron,633mhz,28mb--I NEED EXPECT ADVICE SOON computer when surfing My new computer has frozen a couple of times and programs freeze and to bring up quot alt-ctrl-delete quot takes all day Other people who have used both computers have mentioned the OLD computer is faster ---------------QUESTIONS--------------------------- could it be my new computer just needs more RAM or do i have a lemon computer I HAVE MORE DAYS TO RETUN THE COMPUTER FOR A REFUND THEN IM STUCK WITH IT THANKS nbsp

A:P4,2.3ghz,128mb --VS---Celeron,633mhz,28mb--I NEED EXPECT ADVICE SOON

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/p4-2-3ghz-128mb-vs-celeron-633mhz-28mb-i-need-expect-advice-soon.170900/
Relevancy 40.42%

Firewall and off and to System Removed back my normal expect... PC Restore everything Solved: mate problem connecting to internet All i did my best to remove quot fake System Solved: Removed System Restore off my mate PC and everything back to normal expect... Restore quot off my friend PC using mbam exe in Safe Mode and restored documents and programs using unhide exe from Bleeping Computer and everything is OK apart from Internet which is Unidentified Network - No Internet - Public access amp when i tried to start Windows Firewall i get this error code x c I think it Solved: Removed System Restore off my mate PC and everything back to normal expect... s related to each other but im not sure Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name y-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R DM- Gigabit Network Connec tion Physical Address - C-C - - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c b cf e Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -FB- - - - C-C - - B- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt Click to expand Tested internet on my laptop and internet works fine as normal IP v was missing as i tried to turn off this to see if IPv can connect Forgot to include HJT logs Will send when i come to mate s house nbsp

A:Solved: Removed System Restore off my mate PC and everything back to normal expect...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-removed-system-restore-off-my-mate-pc-and-everything-back-to-normal-expect.1024751/
Relevancy 40.42%

Given a good quality controller and that all the disks are the same, what kind of read/write performance difference would you expect between:

a single disk, RAID 0 with 2 disks, and RAID 0 with 4 disks, RAID 5 with 3 disks. BTW I will be using SATA drives

I realise this is a bit like asking 'how long is a piece of string', so I'm just after a general idea of what to expect. Thanks

A:RAID vs single disk, ball park performance increase to expect

Well, my personal experience with the same disks on the same computer, using them as single disks and in a RAID-0 array, I got about 50% improvement over the single disk's throughput. That was reflected in disk benchmarks and a simple test program I created that read and wrote a gigabyte file as fast as the disks would move it. RAID-0 with four disks would depend on the controller, normally those would be organized in a RAID-0+1 configuration and have the same performance as a RAID-0 with two disks. RAID-5 with three disks will probably be a bit slower than the RAID-0, but if you add more disks to the RAID-5 array, it'll be the best choice IMO. RAID-5 gives you performance and redundancy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-vs-single-disk-ball-park-performance-increase-to-expect.462793/
Relevancy 40.42%

My current hard drive seems headed for failure so I'm considering buying a new one and installing a clean install of either XP or Vista My question 2050, Premium install Core RAM GHz, Dual 1 if I What GB a 1.6 Vista on can I Home expect is what I can expect if I go with Vista - does this machine have enough RAM and Processor speed to keep me from throwing it out the window or am I in for alot of grief Should one What can I expect if I install Vista Home Premium on a Dual Core 2050, 1.6 GHz, 1 GB RAM expect What can I expect if I install Vista Home Premium on a Dual Core 2050, 1.6 GHz, 1 GB RAM a nightmare obtaining drivers etc or do the Toshiba install DVDs generally work smoothly The machine is a Toshiba Satellite A with Dual core GHz and GB of RAM I'm not sure how to determine what video card I have but under quot Display Adapters quot in the Device Manager it says Mobile Intel GM Express Chipset Family if that helps It was purchased in the phase before Vista was released when machines were quot designed for Vista quot but sold with XP The install CD I have is called Vista Home Premium Express Upgrade Thanks for your expertise

A:What can I expect if I install Vista Home Premium on a Dual Core 2050, 1.6 GHz, 1 GB RAM

With only 1gb of RAM it will probably be a little sluggish. I suggest upgrading to 2gb RAM.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178920/what-can-i-expect-if-i-install-vista-home-premium-on-a-dual-core-2050-16-ghz-1-gb-ram/
Relevancy 37.41%

Can't say I am surprised with this. Timing can't be good for MS but hey they have no one other than themselves to blame.

Windows 8 Gets "Overwhelmingly Negative" Response from Vendors, Expectations Plummet
An analyst with Topeka Capital, who was touring Asia, meeting sources among supply chains, brings bad news to Microsoft investors. Analyst Brian White notes that the sentiment (among vendors and parts of the supply chain) about Windows 8 remains "overwhelmingly negative." Expectations from Microsoft's new client operating system plummet, as vendors don't see much activity following the October 26 launch.

A:Windows 8 Gets "Overwhelmingly Negative" Response from Vendors, Expect

All of which could have, & should have been avoided by simply giving end users a built in choice allowing them to choose which environment to boot into. Instead, ms chose the route of arrogance and tried to foist the metro turd upon all users. The results were entirely predictable. I personally won't be surprised to see Ballmer turfed out for this debacle.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/10111-windows-8-gets-overwhelmingly-negative-response-vendors-expect.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Quote It was announced recently that no more Windows builds would be issued to Windows Insiders this year and that the program will resume in early That leaves over a month and a half between now and the next publicly available Insiders Preview: 10 2015 in Here's Consumer expect can Windows what Windows build so what can we expect to see in early Since the launch of the Windows Insider Program Microsoft has introduced us Windows 10 Consumer Preview: Here's what Windows Insiders can expect in 2015 to a new Start Menu windowed Modern UI apps and many more awesome desktop-like features The whole point of the Windows Technical Preview at this stage was to show Enterprises that Windows is still a viable desktop operating system as well as receive feedback from Windows Insiders regarding the desktop as a whole Internally Microsoft is considering this a success Over bits of feedback has been submitted by Windows Insiders and Enterprises are happy with the direction in which Windows is heading So what's the next step for Microsoft and its development journey with Windows Consumers Windows Consumer Preview Here's what Windows Insiders can expect in

A:Windows 10 Consumer Preview: Here's what Windows Insiders can expect in 2015

The message came through pretty quickly that businesses had no use for Windows 8. This really hurt the PC market as there was no incentive to upgrade and the ready made suppliers learned that to continue to offer Windows 7 at least salvaged some sales.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-consumer-preview-heres-what-windows-insiders-can-expect-in-2015-a-921474.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I'm getting this new tablet for my birthday, and am wondering what games it could play.

here are the stats:
core duo p8700, 2.53Ghz
4GB DDR3 RAM
Intel 4500MHD GPU
A 12.1 inch screen, so GPU will have little pressure.
and a 250 GB hdd for what its worth...

I'm not getting it as a gaming computer, and not expecting much, but would love some estimates.

A:What games can i expect my What games will a Fujitsu lifebook T4410 run?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-games-can-i-expect-my-what-games-will-a-fujitsu-lifebook-t4410-run.897235/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi here is a link to some photos that I enjoy looking at from time to time http tinyurl com zsdac Now I still haven t taken the plunge and spent my I have allocated for a digtal point and shoot camera and I was wondering if a decent P amp S digital would enable me to shoot images of a similar quality as MOST of these pictures It has been suggested to me that if you don t plan on printing your photos and merely want to use them for web and email purposes then a camera about a hundred bucks with a modest zoom and megapixel profile would be enough for the task Do you guys agree with that Can you tell I sure and Shoot"...??? with Can I "Point expect a this can t how good some of the cameras were used to shoot these pics Again I won t be doing any printing and will only be using them for web and email uses Thanks in advance Melissa nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

I seem to have a problem with my RAM i need to upgrade to a higher GB could someone please help and advise on what i need and the highest GB i can upgrade toas i have only had this computer for 7 months and the ram is full already.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-23-quot-PAVILLION-ALL-IN-ONE/td-p/5709690
Relevancy 33.11%

Whilst working the computer froze. I removed the battery to switch of. When switching on the next time I got a message "scanning and repairing hard drive". This progressed to 9% and then made no further progress. After 10 hours I finally removed the battery again as there was no other way to do this. What can i do to revert to correct operation'/

Solved!

View Solution.

A:HP Pavillion

Dear Customer, Try a Hard Reset as follows. Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for a full minute.  Plug in the AC Adapter ( leave the battery out for the moment ) and see if the notebook will start. If it doesnt load,Please perform the Steps as shown below:-1. Please "Turn OFF" the Notebook2. "Power ON" the Notebook and keep tapping the Escape Key during the start up to enter the Start-up Menu3. Now here, Please select the BIOS option [F10] and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab4. You should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Disk Drive and Memory Note: Please perform these two tests and post back with the details of any error messages Please click the below shown link to find the steps for performing Hard Drive Testhttp://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&?lc=en&docname=c00439024 OR http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&?lc=en&docname=c01443317  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavillion/td-p/5849735
Relevancy 33.11%

At first time, the DVD player was working, and the second time when I tried to insert DVD to the player, the player made some sound like Krik Krik, and sipt out the DVD. Eveytime, different DVD used and the DVDs or Audio CDs are working with other Computer DVD players and CD players. My boss just bought it for classroom. But no DVD or CD player, it is not useful. What is the solution for this? My boss bought it one month ago. Maybe less.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-All-in-one-Pavillion-B-amp-o-DVD/td-p/5651418
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi, I have hp pavillion a6317c pc, I unpluged it for 8 months, now it wont boot, power led stays on, green light on the back stays on, fans on, no signal to the monitor, try to turn it off but power light stays on, had to unplug it to turn it off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Hp pavillion

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

See if you can boot it without the battery.

If that doesn't work unplug the battery and power cable.

Then press and hold the power button for 45 seconds.

Replug in the power and battery to see if it will boot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavillion-696014.html
Relevancy 33.11%

HI there. I have recently cracked the touch screen on my pavillion 23. as you can see I am able to do some stuff on here but everything flashes and turns the pages by itself. ugh!:-(I thought i had turned off the touch screen but on reboot it starts up again!Can beautiful person please give me lamen termed instructions on how to remove the touchscreen capabilty or any othe constructive advice would be good.I cant afford to replace it. no idea what it will cost to fix. hard to research anything on here right now.Please help:-)Sorry about it being the wrong board and its I5 core. it wont let me select the right ones grrrrr 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavillion-23/td-p/5837221
Relevancy 33.11%

I had a virus and I deleted some files I restarted Pavillion Hp my computer Hp Pavillion and now it is going to Hp Pavillion the menu to choose from normal safemode etc it is telling me the the XMS cache had an error of some sort if i go to normal it brings me to a gray screen telling me that it Hp Pavillion has found new hardware so im trying to find the software for the hardware but it only looks in the a drive when i try to find it in the browse area it keeps telling me it isnt finding the software if i cancel the new hardware setup it brings up a box stating SUREGCREATEKEY COULD NOT BE FOUND I still have the files in the recycle bin but i cant get to it to put the files back i have a system recovery cd but it keeps telling me that i may lose the programs i have installed since i bought the computer i dont want to do that when i am at the first menu where i have to choose normal safemode etc it tells me that i need to run scanreg but i cant get to the dos screen to run it any ideas to get my computer going nbsp

A:Hp Pavillion

what happens when you boot into safemode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion.272910/
Relevancy 33.11%

It is a MS Win but I wasn't sure which one Anyhow It is a new Pav t nbsp Taken out of the box on Aug nbsp Since then I spent one long night on phone with HP tech support due to freezing nbsp Tech blamed me Pavillion 17 HP New for not up-dating it nbsp Tonight it froze again another long phone call amp now nbsp I'm sitting next to a brand new computer that I can't touch while it goes through hrs of diagnostics and writing to you New HP Pavillion 17 from my old HP Pav g nbsp never had a computer do this twice in it's first weeks of life before This is my rd HP amp I felt some kind of loyalty to the company nbsp Bought the best care pack amp it is no good nbsp Suggestions Already went through the turn it upside down amp remove battery drill Brand new computer should not be frozen My Internet connection is fine as you can see on my old HP Pav g

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/New-HP-Pavillion-17/td-p/5763595
Relevancy 33.11%

It is a MS Win but I wasn't sure which one Anyhow It is a new Pav t nbsp Taken out of the box on Aug nbsp Since then I spent one long night on phone with HP tech support due to freezing nbsp Tech blamed me for not up-dating it nbsp Tonight it froze again another long phone call amp now nbsp I'm sitting next to a brand new computer that I can't touch while it goes through hrs of diagnostics and writing to you from my old HP 17 Pavillion New HP Pav g nbsp never had a computer do this twice in it's first weeks of life before This is my rd HP amp I felt some kind of loyalty to the company nbsp Bought the best care pack amp it is no good nbsp Suggestions Already went through the turn it upside down amp remove battery drill Brand new computer should not be frozen My Internet connection is fine as you can see on my old HP Pav New HP Pavillion 17 g

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/New-HP-Pavillion-17/td-p/5763576
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi. I bought this laptop used from someone online. I know it is old. It uses the FS1 socket, and has an A4 processor. So I can't expect too much. But it just locks up on me aall the time. As soon as I try to open anything, it just locks up. The day I got it, I was able to open Google Chrome and watch some Youtube videos. The next day, nothing. I think the HDD is screwed, and I would like to replace it with an SSD. My problem is, it will not detect my SSD. What can I do to get my SSD installed in this thing, so that hopefully I can use it for some basic things on the go?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/pavillion-g6/td-p/5752267
Relevancy 33.11%

Trying to help my daughter out, She has a laptop HP Pavillion DV6 that will only boot in the safemode. She called HP and of course she is 60 days out of warranty. Any suggestions? She's try to restore it to a point about a week ago but the same thing keeps happening, just boots in safemode.

Thanks for any and all suggestions,

Sonbon...

A:HP Pavillion DV6

Hi sonbon,

Does the computer give out an error when your daughter tries to boot the computer to windows normally? Go to the safe mode menu again and this time, choose "Boot the computer to last known good configurations". See if this helps out at all. I would also recommend performing an In-Place Upgrade(Windows Repair) on the computer. You will definitely need your Windows 7 CD in order to perform this process. When was the last the computer was able to work successfully?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavillion-dv6-565366.html
Relevancy 33.11%

My daughter has a HP Pavillion Model a f bit that HP Need Help Pavillion with is running Vista Home Premium It has gigs of ram a gig hard drive and a dual core processor The computer ran fine until tonight When she turns it on the keyboard is recognized but a blue splash screen for HP comes up that asks to click Need Help with HP Pavillion on esc to go into bios F for setup etc It won't go Need Help with HP Pavillion any further There appears to be a yellow or amber light that lights up right behind the power swith which does light up I can hear the fan is running and the mouse shows that it has power too If I press esc a message comes up that it is entering setup but never does It just sits there I would sure appreciate it if somebody could give me an idea what I might try to do to help her get her computer going again Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions

A:Need Help with HP Pavillion

Solved the problem myself. Opened the tower and changed the port that the SATA drive cable connected to. At least after doing that and restarting the computer I was able to get into BIOS. Showed no hard drive as being recognized. Went to HP's site and found that Seatgate had a problem with some of the hard drives (500, 700, etc.) After calling a technician with HP it was decided that the hard drive had failed (no indication of it failing-it just stopped!!!)

HP is sending a new hard drive and a recovery disk (the recovery partition was on the hard drive that failed. No cost. There was still 50 days left on the warranty.

I guess we were LUCKY!

Thanks for looking at my computer problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247972/need-help-with-hp-pavillion/
Relevancy 33.11%

my computer as a Black screen and saysBoot Device not foundplease install an Operating system on your hard diskHard disk (3FO) Can anyone help me

A:HP Pavillion

Hi, Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ) and run the tests on the Hard Drive. Post back with the results, including any error codes that may be generated. Can you also post back with the version of the operating system currently installed on the notebook. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavillion/td-p/5596611
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello I would appreciate any tips.
My daughter has a HP Pavillion a1210.uk desktop. I have upgraded my machine and have donated to the HP my spare ram, processor and pci e Nvidia 6600gt.
The ram and processor are fine but.
I have updated the bios.
Disabled the onboard Ati ane enabled PCI e. I have loaded the latest drivers but am unable to get anything but the very lowest resolution .
Any Ideas. Have put it back to onboard graphics for the moment to make it usable.
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-get-6600gt-to-run-in-hp-pavillion.102062/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi So yesterday I was using boot x2 not will Pavillion Hp my laptop and all was fine until it randomly switched off and then refused to switch back on After about half an hour it eventually switched back on yet brought up the system recovery menu I pressed enter and it collated data which it then sent to Microsoft and came back on as usual After Hp Pavillion x2 will not boot around minutes black lines started flashing on and off the screen until eventually my computer just randomly turned off and I have been unable to turn it back on since When I put the power cable in the orange charging light comes on yet I cannot power the laptop up as when I hold in the power button the charging light briefly flashes off yet the laptop does not come on Without the charging cable there is no light and no matter how long I hold the power button in for no light comes on I know the laptop is not dead as I had left it to charge for hours and then re-tried this to see if it worked although nothing happened Can somebody please help RSWReece

A:Hp Pavillion x2 will not boot

Hi @Rswreece,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion x2 Notebook and it having startup issues.  Try performing a hard reset. Please note the section of Hard Reset for non-removable batteries.When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices.Here is a link to computer won't start for Windows.Plug the power adapter directly into a different wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-Pavillion-x2-will-not-boot/td-p/5599966
Relevancy 32.68%

I'm having issues with my HP constantly rebooting BIOS (it's looping continuously). Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-PAVILLION-17-e049wn/td-p/5798328
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi,

was wondering if anyone could help me please, i installed windows 7 onto my laptop a while ago and as i don't use my CD-ROM very much i've only recently realised it no longer works, i've had a look under device management and 'coprocessor' has a yellow triangle by it and ! mark ?

I'm really useless when it comes to technology but was wondering if anyone could help me in finding out how to fix this problem please?

i've tried to update driver software but that does not work, and states windows could not find driver software for your device

and underneath properties it states;

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element."

thanks again for any help really appreciate it

A:HP Pavillion DV9000

Hi LOu33z,welcome to the forums, download and reinstall the chipset drivers Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv9000 CTO Notebook PC - HP technical support (United Kingdom - English) you may have to install them in compatibility mode for Vista as they are the only drivers supported

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/154713-hp-pavillion-dv9000.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Anyone here have any HP notebook or let alone any notebook at all that when you go to put it to sleep if hangs for a while then goes to sleep but comes back out? any known fixes?

A:HP Pavillion DV4 problems

I have an HP Notebook!

Are you running Vista on it? I have never had it come back out of sleep..but I did have it hang when going into sleep..

I now have Windows 7 on it and I really want to say that it was Vista that was making it hang when I would put it to sleep..Because when I put it to sleep under Windows 7 it does it in about 4 seconds, and when I resume it comes on in 4 seconds.. VERY FAST..

Have you always had this issue when first you got your PC?

The first thing I would try is to check Device Manger and check you network adapters..to make make sure they are not set to "wake the computer"To do that click on the Start button, and search for Device Manger
Look for you network adapters, Under the network adapters and right-click on the adapter.(If you have more than one adapter repeat steps 2 and 3)
Select Properties and find the tab Power Management and make sure that the check-box for "Allow device to wake Computer" is UNCHECKED
Hope this Helps..and Happy Holidays..

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/48175-hp-pavillion-dv4-problems.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I brought my aunts computer home to clean it up Remove malware spyware Disable addons etc It was fully operational but for some reason the computer would HP a6000 Pavillion not turn on at home I tried diagnosing the trouble for quite some time but i resorted to just switching out the power supply i had several lying around I've stupidly unplugged everything without taking a picture first and now can't find a diagram to show me where to plug everything back I've managed to provide power to the motherboard but I'm having an issue when i turn on the switch to the power supply the motherboard receives power and the computer turns on Now to turn it off i can only do so by turning that same switch off Get it i don't know if I'm quite making any sense I know that along from the main connector to the board itself i need to connect another plug to it Can you guys just begin to ask questions lol Edit The model number for the model number is ht

Relevancy 32.68%

I'm having trouble getting my laptop to boot up. When I connect the battery, or plug in the charger the power botton lights up, but doesn't boot up. When I press the power botton I hear a beep, and the light flashes then nothing.

A:HP pavillion not booting up

Hallo BIG_BDR,   Lets see if some simple TS can solve it. Take out our battery and ac adapater.Press down the power buttom 15 sec.Plug only the ac adapter in again and see if you can start it. If that does not work Press and hold down the windows buttom + "B" press the power buttom down in 2sec not more or less. after this 2 sec. release all the buttoms. Hope this solves your problem If not please let me know how many beeps your hear? are they/it short or long? Thanks.

ZincasI am an HP notebook technician.Please click ?Accept as Solution ? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-pavillion-not-booting-up/td-p/5617604
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello All
Bought a new laptop online,

windows 64bit pre installed (home premium) -
HP Pavillion dv6 3141ea, AMD Phenom II Quad-Core N930 Processor, 15.6" HD Screen, Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, DVD Rewriter, Dedicated ATI 5470 Graphics, Bluetooth, HDMI, Fingerprint Reader, XD499EA#ABU

after a couple of blue screens as soon as I got it, 2 weeks ago, I just got another. Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem might be? I attached the reports as suggested.

Any assistance much appreciated.

Thanks

Frank

A:BSODs on HP Pavillion

Quote: Originally Posted by frankslade

Hello All
Bought a new laptop online,

windows 64bit pre installed (home premium) -
HP Pavillion dv6 3141ea, AMD Phenom II Quad-Core N930 Processor, 15.6" HD Screen, Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, DVD Rewriter, Dedicated ATI 5470 Graphics, Bluetooth, HDMI, Fingerprint Reader, XD499EA#ABU

after a couple of blue screens as soon as I got it, 2 weeks ago, I just got another. Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem might be? I attached the reports as suggested.

Any assistance much appreciated.

Thanks

Frank

Hi Frank and welcome

Thes point to pool_corruption (memory) probably caused by your Symantec.
I would remove symantec and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

I would also run a memory test just to be sure.

Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic

Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/157482-bsods-hp-pavillion.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello All

Bought a new laptop online, windows 64bit pre installed (home premium) -

- and I booted up, plugged in a memory stick and during the copy got a BSOD! Good start.

Got another the next day, the crash dumps appear different though. There were two red error events in the log at the exact same time as the two crashes, both just said "BugCheck" EventID=1001.

I've attached the requestedBSOD info and the two dumps separately.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Thanks.

A:BSODs on HP Pavillion

Quote: Originally Posted by frankslade

Hello All

Bought a new laptop online, windows 64bit pre installed (home premium) -

- and I booted up, plugged in a memory stick and during the copy got a BSOD! Good start.

Got another the next day, the crash dumps appear different though. There were two red error events in the log at the exact same time as the two crashes, both just said "BugCheck" EventID=1001.

I've attached the requestedBSOD info and the two dumps separately.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Thanks.

This one caused a memoery exception. You Symantec and msn toolbar are to blaim.

I would remove symantec and replace with Microsoft security essentials.

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
I would also run a system file check to verify and repair OS files

Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

Read here for more information SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Let us know the results from the report at the end.

[code]

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\040211-19562-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c0c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e49e50
Debug session time: Sat Apr 2 13:10:25.904 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:16:05.636
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff9600017e207, fffff8800b7fae70, 0}

Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!xxxCallHook2+10b )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff9600017e207, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff8800b7fae70, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEP... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/154761-bsods-hp-pavillion.html