Windows Support Forum

Drive detected by BIOS but not by Windows installer

Q: Drive detected by BIOS but not by Windows installer

Any ideas on this anyone?
A SATA 2.5" drive has a corrupted OS on it and I want to format it and then reinstall a fresh copy of Windows.
The drive is detected by the BIOS but does not show up as an available drive in the install routine (no drives found). I
If I remove the drive and connect it as a SATA drive to a desktop (so I can format it that way), it again shows up on the BIOS but is not available as a drive in Windows Explorer.
This drive has been pre-repaired by PCWorld - I wonder if they did anything odd to it?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Drive detected by BIOS but not by Windows installer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Drive detected by BIOS but not by Windows installer

After connecting the drive to your desktop, please go to control panel > admin tools > computer management > Disk Management.

If your drive shows up there, it mean physically it is ok, just that its partition tables has gone wonky.

You can simply delete the existing partition tables there, and re-create new one and format it. Hopefully that will work and solve your issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-detected-by-bios-but-not-by-windows-installer.168868/
Relevancy 76.11%

I should have came to this conclusion sooner but my current re-installation of Windows has some problems that I haven t had the time to address until now What I need though is access to the repair function on the disk However herein lies my problem When I boot up media in the drive or no media bios does not show the drive in its list I can still open and close the drive as if nothing is wrong there but I cannot quot boot - not bios, detected by by drive Windows? CD/DVDROM detected from CD quot I ve reset my bios back to defaults and while the drive appeared on IDE Channel in the settings it still would not recognize ANY media while booting up I have the latest version of my bios I have also tried changing cables The drive is on an IDE channel by itself Once my system boots into Windows however the drive is recognized and acts normally as if nothing happened in bios Media CD/DVDROM drive - not detected by bios, detected by Windows? operates fine I have checked the event viewer and CD/DVDROM drive - not detected by bios, detected by Windows? there are no entries anywhere that states my optical drive has been experiencing problems and yes in fact it operates just like it always does Can anyone help me get my bios and cdrom back together again The problem is I just do not know where to start to solve this I wish I could say how long this has been happening but I really don t know as of today There have been no hardware changes in the past three months and my current installation and configuration began back in late April Thanks for your time nbsp

A:CD/DVDROM drive - not detected by bios, detected by Windows?

What is the boot sequence in the bios? should be CD or optical drive first, then Hard Drive or IDE-0 second if you want to boot from the cd-drive. Many computer manufacturers set the computer to automatically boot off of the hard drive by default so setting the factory defaults might not be what you are looking for. Look for the screen that has the boot order or sequence and just change it, exit and save settings and restart the computer with the boot cd in the drive. I hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvdrom-drive-not-detected-by-bios-detected-by-windows.52086/
Relevancy 70.52%

Decided to install an aftermarket DVD drive from my old pc. It powers on and the tray works. It's the only IDE drive that is connected to my motherboard. It shows up in BIOS under boot device priority but can't be found once I log into windows. I've tried making adjustments in the registry, disconnecting and reconnecting the drive and all jumper options (Master,Slave,Cable Select). After the BIOS screen it pulls up a JMicron screen that displays the drive name in green lettering. The DVD Drive in question is a Pioneer model DVR-A18M. Any help in resolving this matter is appreciated. I would just buy another SATA drive but don't see the need when I know this one is functional. (plus it cost me 3x the amount of my Asus SATA drive)

A:DVD Drive detected by BIOS but not Windows

New SATA CD/DVD burner drives are cheap. Newegg sells them for under $20. Not worth the hassle of trying to make an old PATA drive work, regardless of how much it initially cost.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827151256

But, the PATA drive, being the only PATA device should be set (jumper on the rear of the drive) for Master. That may make it work. If it won't work set as Master, set it as Cable Select (labled CS or CSEL on drive). On the other hand, There may be some driver needed to make the PATA controller active in Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/273351-dvd-drive-detected-bios-but-not-windows.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Ive recently installing a DVD drive (Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD-104) into a mates PC. Windows detects the drive fine - read DVDs etc but when I enter the BIOS (Intel Corporation D865GLC) it fails to detect it. Any ideas?

A:DVD Drive detected by windows but not buy BIOS

Look again. That doesn't seem possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-detected-by-windows-but-not-buy-bios.964534/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hard drive not detected by Windows or BIOS SOLVED I know this is has been addressed before however the responses did not solve my issue I will include more detail about my issue in hopes of a better diagnoses I accidentally changed my external hard drive from BIOS by not detected Windows Hard or drive NTFS to HFS when prompted while connecting via USB to a macbook Now I can no longer see the hard drive via USB or direct connection to my PC I took it out it s case and noticed it has an Hard drive not detected by Windows or BIOS IDE connection for a motherboard that only has SATA connections I purchased an IDE to SATA Adapter and installed it into my computer nothing The BIOS and Windows still does not see this drive I am aware I have two separate issues In order to correct the file structure issue I have to gain access to the drive HELP Information The hard drive powers up both in the external case and with the adapter OS Windows Professional x with all updates Mother Board ASRock G Extreme with latest bios AMD Phenom II X Black Edition BIOS BIOS is set to IDE mode Hard Drive Western Digital WD JB- GVA single or master pin setting Adapter ULTRA SATA to IDE Adapter ULT nbsp

A:Hard drive not detected by Windows or BIOS

Have you looked in Disk management?
You should be able to see and format it there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-not-detected-by-windows-or-bios.149136/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a 3TB hard drive that suddenly disappeared from Windows Explorer AND Device Manager. I rebooted but it was still missing. The BIOS shows it and Debian is able to mount + read files on it.
After I accessed it on Debian, it reappeared on Windows. I ran Seatools but my computer froze when Seatools was scanning for drives.
It seems that accessing the faulty drive causes Windows 7 to crash. How is this possible? What can I do to fix this?

A:Hard drive detected in BIOS and Debian but not Windows.

Please stick to one thread and do not create duplicate threads on the same topic.It does not help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/365451-hard-drive-detected-bios-debian-but-not-windows.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi All I've been struggling with this in Not CD/DVDs Windows Drive Bios/Windows Read Will in DVD 7 (Detected problem all night and after reading countless articles and trying dozens of fixes I figured I'd DVD Drive Will Not Read CD/DVDs in Windows 7 (Detected in Bios/Windows ask I installed a fresh machine today with Windows and got everything to work minus my Samsung SH-S C X DVD Writer SATA Black OEM The drive works as I used it to install Windows in the first place It is detected by BIOS DVD Drive Will Not Read CD/DVDs in Windows 7 (Detected in Bios/Windows as well as showing up in My Computer The problem is it won't read any disc ive tried about including the very same windows install disc it previously installed from hours prior So far I've tried removing the upper lowerfilters from the registry they werent there in my case update to the latest firmware ran the driver detective driver scan and update removed the drive from device manager and restarted and run the microsoft utilities all to no avail In fact I've run these all several times now I'm absolutely at my wits end with this and I can't even get support from Samsung as the product is a Canadian model and they seem to only support US models Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:DVD Drive Will Not Read CD/DVDs in Windows 7 (Detected in Bios/Windows

Hi bcred

Welcome to Seven Forums
Let's try the basics - recheck the connectors, power-cable to your drive.
Is the drive listed in explorer after boot?
If you have another DVD/CD-drive lying around, you could try swapping with the Samsung - we need to do this to try and isolate whether the actual hardware is faulty. Alternatively you could try swapping SATA connectors just in case the current one for your drive has gone south.

Keep us posted and regards

Edit

Re-read your post - disregard the q about the drive being shown in Explorer

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/113353-dvd-drive-will-not-read-cd-dvds-windows-7-detected-bios-windows.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Well, i decided to start fresh and installed a new harddrive because i believed the old one to be faulty or corrupt etc.

That worked out fine and is detected in my bios and everything, however i can't install an os because my optical drive is not being detected.
I tried unplugging and plugging the cords back in.
I'm sort of limited with the proper terms for the computer but i believe its plugged in with an IDE cable (Might be obvious but eh) and another smaller cable (I don't know)
Is there anything i'm missing, do i have to somehow setup the drive?
Thanks for any help!

Relevancy 61.49%

This one has me baffled. My DVD/CD drive is no longer detected in the Bios of my Asus A8V Motherboard. I have it attached as the Primary Slave and the Bios says that it's not detected. It used to be, how else would I have installed XP. The drive works fine for burning Cd's and DVD's and shows up as working normally in Device Manager. Any thoughts?

A:DVD/CD drive not detected in Bios

Check the drive select on the drive and also the hard drive and make sure the hard drive is master and the dvd drive is slave and it should be ok after that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-cd-drive-not-detected-in-bios.499827/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I have detected drive not by Hard BIOS looked through some other articles here at TechSpot relating to non-detected hard drives but did not find this peculiar issue After four months Hard drive not detected by BIOS of running just fine n suddenly the hard drive is not detected in the BIOS but sometimes the Windows logo comes up it has to see the Hard drive not detected by BIOS hard drive from somewhere but does not open the operating system COMPUTER SPECS--all components were purchased four months ago Motherboard ASUS M A-VM a low to mid-range board DRAM GB Ultra Dual-channel Power supply Thermaltake TR -R -watt Processor AMD Athlon GH Hard drive Seagate Barracuda GB RPM Nice TESTS I tried a different power supply unit I ran the Windows CD pressed R and it declared that no disk was found I ran the Ultimate Boot Disk and it did not see the hard disk I connected the hard disk to an MSI motherboard ran the BIOS and it detected the hard disk I did not run Windows as I knew Microsoft would not see it as the original motherboard BIOS The BIOS on the ASUS computer does not have a listing or selection for PATA It just has IDE the DVD drive and four SATA connections The hard drive is not detected but it is on SATA connection I suspect a failed hard drive which is surprising since it s a Seagate I don t have another SATA hard disk to test that idea with I haven t tried clearing the CMOS either but at this point I m not sure what good that would do This is a friend s computer that I put together No she didn t back up her files I always tell people to back up their files Sigh So what do you think nbsp

A:Hard drive not detected by BIOS

SATA cables are kinda weird. I had a similar problem, and i replaced the cable with a new one. The problem i had was that the SATA cable was over stretched (the connection part) and was not making a full contact with the cable head. Try replacing it and let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-not-detected-by-bios.118483/
Relevancy 60.63%

Help! Watching videos on my Laptop when it suddenly froze.
Rebooted the computer then suddenly this appeared

PXE-M0F: EXITING INTEL PXE ROM NO BOOTABLE DEVICE

disabled network boot on bios then this appeared

No Operating system found

Checked BIOS, laptop's hardrive is not detected but cd drive is

Not an expert on computers
running windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-hard-drive-not-detected-in-bios.960359/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi My wife has a PC with SATA drives and it has been working No Drive help! Please Bios? No Hard detected? fine for about years Now when we came to boot it up it would start to load windows the screen would go dark nothing else would happen We rebooted pressed the Tab key and got a screen with the boot settings in we didn t alter anything in that just exited and rebooted Now it doesn t even try to boot windows We can t get the boot screen back by pressing the Tab key It just goes to No Bios? No Hard Drive detected? Please help! another screen saying VIA Technologies Inc VIA VT Serial ATA RAID BIOS Setting Utility V Scan Devices Please wait Press lt Tab gt key into user window Hardware initiate failed No Bios? No Hard Drive detected? Please help! Please check device The BIOS does not be installed Press lt g gt to continue When we do that we get the first No Bios? No Hard Drive detected? Please help! screen we get when we boot up saying Press DEL to enter setup Press lt F gt for BBS POPUP then it lists the controllers then lists Auto detecting Sec Master ATAPI CD-ROM Sec Master SONY DVD RW DW U A d ULTRA DMA Mode - Auto Detecting USB Mass Storage devices USB Mass storage devices found and configured NO Hard Disk Drive Detected Press F to resume When we select F we get a choice of the DVD drive or the floppy drive I hope I have explained well enough and hope someone can help Thanks Steve nbsp

A:No Bios? No Hard Drive detected? Please help!

Looks like the hard drive(s) or the controller has failed. Could be something as simple as a loose cable too of course.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-bios-no-hard-drive-detected-please-help.48910/
Relevancy 60.63%

I posted this thread in the Devices section and have received no help I'm hoping I can receive some help here Hey SevenForums users I'm afriad that a Wild is the not in BIOS Drive Hard detected Problem has appeared Sorry for the horrible Hard Drive is not detected in the BIOS Pok mon reference I have been trying to sort out this problem for days now and I've had no luck what-so-ever Here's the problem My Windows Computer was diagnosed with a dangerous virus It was stopping Windows from booting Windows would attempt to boot it wouldn't get passed the quot Starting Windows quot screen Then it would automatically restart Then the process would start again So I thought 'Why not reinstall Windows since I had the disk with me ' That being said I attempted to reinstall It wouldn't make it past the quot Setup is starting quot screen So I thought 'This virus must be really bad ' I decided to install Ubuntu with the sole intention that it would remove the little bugger that was stopping Windows from Booting or installing It did but now I wish I haven't Ubuntu got rid of the virus and installed successfully But now when I want to reinstall Windows back on my laptop Luckily it DOES make it past the quot Starting Windows quot screen and goes into set up as usual But I cannot make it past the quot Where do you want to install Windows quot screen This is because I get the following error quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu quot Now I checked the BIOS and noticed that my hard drive isn't listed at all Only the CD ROM drive is listed as a bootable option But it was there BEFORE the Ubuntu install What's weird is that Ubuntu DOES recognise the drive when I installed Ubuntu again It recognised it as a TOSHIBA Hard Drive which it is But my BIOS says nothing is there I tried countless amounts of things to repair the hard drive Here's some -Tried repairing the MBR Bootrec exe fixmbr -Tried installing AHCI Intel Drivers made for my HDD -Tried some tweaking with Diskpart in the Command Prompt that I used from the Install CD in the quot Repair Windows quot section -Tried running CHKDSK through the Command Prompt -Tried over and over and over again with the above methods -Tried reseating the HDD I've ran out of options My last option is if any of you guys could help me sort this problem out Ubuntu says that the Hard Drive has many Bad Sectors which is what urged me to run HKDSK Bad Sectors to be exact Then it sky-rocketed to AFTER CHKDSK ran Now I'm out of options Windows installation recognizes that there's a GB hard drive Partition there but I can't install Windows to it Ubuntu recognises the exact name and model of my HDD so surely there's a chance that the HDD hasn't failed Any thing that I can do to get this working If I can somehow make my BIOS recognise the HDD then I can probably install Windows again then I'll be back on the road again Like I mentioned earlier trying the drivers didn't install or change anything Thanks a lot Ishmael Oh and it's a Laptop too not a Desktop

A:Hard Drive is not detected in the BIOS

This virus may have corrupted bios easily and it could have destroyed the hard drive but lets first worry about bios you could try and flash bios again I know it's risky with a virus that could be still present in the bios. You may want to look around on the internet of what to do in case of bios virus and how to get rid of it..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/188067-hard-drive-not-detected-bios.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi there I bought an old computer at a garage sale and it had Maxtor G hard drive in it that s what the label says and it is Model D bios as in 0.2G detected being 40G hard drive X- K 40G hard drive being detected as 0.2G in bios When I start the computer I go into bios and it detects it as MB hard drive In addition when I try to install Windows XP on another drive in the same computer it says that the G hard drive cannot be accessed I have tried changing the jumper settings into all possible combinations even upgraded the bios and it still won t detect the original capacity of the hard drive I know the hard drive was not removed from the mother board so it cannot be the jumper settings Is it possible to retrieve the hard drive in some way I would like to wipe it clean and get back my original G on it but the bios itself won t recognize it as such I have the Ultimate Boot CD and have tried using some of its utilities but I haven t had any success with having my bios reading its original capacity I don t want to install it in my main computer for fear that my system will crash and I have no other computer to test its capacity within bios Is there something else I can do BTW my computer is COMPAQ Presario Model UVME Any help will be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi.

I recently purchased a gaming pc for my son as a xmas present. It was pretty expensive, but came with no operating system. When trying to install window 8.1 pro it gave the error "no signed device drivers were found". After downloading the drivers it still wouldn't install windows, so I went into the BIOS and all the SATA ports are empty. Nowhere in the BIOS does it say anything about a hard drive being plugged in. Tried plugging one of the SATA cables into a different port, but still no joy.

Any help would be much appreciated. Unfortunately the place were I bought the pc from is closed until Monday.

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi everybody i m from Holland so cut me some slack on my English Today i desided to turn my old pc into a Nas with freenas software I thought i d buy tb samsung hd ui drives to get myself started but however I never got passed the first step The bios does not recognize my disks Only my cdrom drive as primary slave I get the following message VIA Technologies Inc VIA VT Serial ATA RAID BIOS Setting Utility V Hardware Initiate failed Please Check Device The Bios does not be bla bla Scan Devices Please not by is Hard detected drive BIOS wait Press lt Tab gt key into user window it sort of hangs for Hard drive is not detected by BIOS a moment when i get the message written below Hardware initiate failed Please check device The BIOS does not be installed Press lt g gt to continue when i press g i immediately press dell to get in the bios to find out it can t recognize the disks Are the disks to new to work with the motherboard this computer is about to six years old the motherboard has two sata plugs on it and a amd chip Must i use a jumper On the disks Ive spent the entire night searching for the answer but cant seem to find it I realy hope i gave you guys enough information to help me out If not please reply Thanks in advance Awaiting your feedback kind regards Bas nbsp

A:Hard drive is not detected by BIOS

??Motherboard??

basman said:

Hi everybody, i'm from Holland, so cut me some slack on my English!

Today i desided to turn my old pc into a Nas, with freenas software.
I thought i'd buy 2 2tb samsung hd204ui drives to get myself started, but however. I never got passed the first step. The bios does not recognize my disks. Only my cdrom drive as primary slave... I get the following message:

VIA Technologies, Inc VIA VT8237 Serial ATA RAID BIOS Setting Utility V2.01
Hardware Initiate failed, Please Check Device!!! The Bios does not be ... bla bla.

Scan Devices, Please wait....
Press <Tab> key into user window!

[it sort of hangs for a moment, when i get the message written below:]

Hardware initiate failed, Please check device!!!
The BIOS does not be installed. Press <g> to continue!

[when i press g i immediately press dell to get in the bios, to find out it can't recognize the disks.]

Are the disks to new to work with the motherboard. this computer is about 5 to six years old, the motherboard has two sata plugs on it. and a 64 amd chip.

Must i use a jumper? On the disks?

Ive spent the entire night searching for the answer, but cant seem to find it.
I realy hope i gave you guys enough information to help me out. If not, please reply.

Thanks in advance.
Awaiting your feedback!

kind regards
BasClick to expand...

:wave:Hi there,

You haven't actually said what make/model your old computer is. Neither the board in use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-is-not-detected-by-bios.169971/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a single GB drive in the computer It s set to master CD is unplugged Computer boots up and memory test is fine The drive never hard is detected BIOS by bios gets to the quot detected IDE devices quot and just hangs and hangs and hangs After about - minutes the bios will finish it s POST and I ll get quot boot disk failure insert system disk and press enter quot on the screen Big deal that doesn t do much for me since my hard drive is never recognized When I get into the bios and I try to auto-detect the drive it never finds it I ve tried all combo of the jumper on the hard drive is never detected by BIOS drive too including cable select If I have the cd-rom plugged no problem there finding it I suspect the hard drive is dead but it gets power because it s nice and warm What do you guys think Bios never sees the hard drive even after I replaced the IDE cable x s think the drive is dead nbsp

A:hard drive is never detected by BIOS

That's one possible reason. Another is that the cable is somehow faulty, or the Motherboard damaged? Is it worth getting a new HD, installing an OS on that, running the suspect drive as a slave, and seeing if BIOS picks it up then? (this may be pointless - i'm new to this lark - but it's what i'd do if i were you).

I found your thread because I have a similar issue, but sounds like mine is more soluble than yours. Rather than hi-jacking your thread I'll post mine on a new thread.

Ray

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-is-never-detected-by-bios.28548/
Relevancy 60.63%

So my computer crashed on me and after doing research I found that BIOS is not detecting my hard drive. Is there a way I can fix this or is my computer just heading for the scrap heap. I have all the driver and windows discs that came with my computer. The specs are:

Dell inspiron 1525
Intel Core 2 Duo
250 Gb hard drive
Running windows vista home premium 32 bit

Any more details you need I'll be right here waiting and will respond quickly.

A:Hard drive not detected in BIOS.. Help!

Please read the rules and do not double-post.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/1021355-installing-windows-after-hard-drive.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-not-detected-in-bios-help.1021361/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a machine that will no longer detect my samsung terra at bios. It seems to make the boot up noise and everything but it wont detect it at all. It does detect my other sammy but not this drive. I tried it in another machine and i get the same problem.

I swapped the circuit board from my working drive to the non working and still nothing. I have quite a bit of data on there if i can get it to boot that would be great and copy it all over.

Before this happened every now and then when i turned the machine on it would not show it as being detected. If i powered off the system a few times and turned it on it would come back, i thought it might be because it was Pentium 4 and it was old and dying but when i put it in my i3 it doesnt work.

A:Hard drive not detected at bios

Is this a SATA drive (probably)? You didn't provide any specifics on the hardware.

Have you tried moving the SATA cable to a different connector on the motherboard? I know you said you tried it in another machine, so that would suggest the drive itself is the problem... but still...

Try using a different SATA connector on the motherboard, and maybe even another SATA data cable.

Pull out the data cable and re-seat it, both on the drive and also on the motherboard.

I had a recent similar situation with a Western Digital Velociraptor drive, that I thought was going bad. Like you, I would try all kinds of different ways to coax it back to "normal operation", and mostly they would work. Eventually, I decided to replace it.

I ordered a new one, transferred the contents, and it all seemed to work perfectly, pointing to the old drive as the culprit. Then two weeks later the new drive began to act up again, just like the old drive had. Grrr..

Anyway, I decided that maybe it was my SATA #4 connector on the motherboard that was at fault. So I moved the cable over to the SATA #2 connector... and it's been perfect ever since (fingers crossed that this holds true forever).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/155055-hard-drive-not-detected-bios.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I come back to Floppy BIOS after by upgrading not drive detected a Floppy drive not detected by BIOS after upgrading problem that I did not solve yet nbsp PC was perfectly operating also with a FDD of old type with ribbon cable connected to the proper connector on the Benicia motherboard and separate supply from PC power nbsp wiring nbsp nbsp I updated the BIOS to the version and the FDD was not anymore detected inspite of different settings of the BIOS that I tryed Disk A is not detected on W and W Device Manager is not showing hardware failures nbsp I have to remark that the BIOS updating have been done with ClamWinAntivirus Malwarebytes and nbsp SUPERantispyware still running nbsp Since v of AMI BIOS provides the settings for a FDD and the FD is operating tested in an other PC I would like to find a solution in order to detect disk A nbsp Is it possible to run a second time the v BIOS updating file nbsp with all antivirus off without create damages nbsp is it possible that there would be some settings on the BIOS that I have not discovered nbsp Please give me a suggestion the solution of a FDD USB is the last chance because the hardware was operating nbsp Thanks Gianfranco nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Floppy-drive-not-detected-by-BIOS-after-upgrading/td-p/5791383
Relevancy 60.2%

Help! Watching videos on my Laptop when it suddenly froze.
Rebooted the computer then suddenly this appeared

PXE-M0F: EXITING INTEL PXE ROM NO BOOTABLE DEVICE

disabled network boot on bios then this appeared

No Operating system found

Checked BIOS, laptop's hardrive is not detected but cd drive is

Not an expert on computers
running windows 7

A:Laptop hard drive not detected in BIOS

It's very possible your HD is dead.
You can try re-seating it, or test it on another computer via enclosure or USB adapter, but you probably need a new drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-hard-drive-not-detected-in-bios.156031/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello guys I have GB maxtor hard drive it had two primary partitions with dual boot one is WinME and the other was XP it had lot of unwanted programs from my friend and was not working well my friend had assembled it with AMD GhZ MB RAM I bought a new XP pro software and decided to have a clean install used GDISK similar not detected drive Hard by CMOS/BIOS to FDISK to delete all partitions then i put the Hard drive not detected by CMOS/BIOS XP CD to create partition and load XP it said no HDD found i did not open the box nor distrub the box i did the following in the sequence i have stated Hard drive not detected by CMOS/BIOS I copied all the data files into CD then i put the GDISK to delete all partitions then put the XP cd and boot from CD XP setup comes up and it is unable to identify the HDD so everything else stops everything was working before suddenly after delete of partitions HDD could not be detected by BIOS then i looked into setup while booting the CMOS standard does not identify HDD it had the following identified in SETUP - CMOS standard Primary master DVD rom - i set this in AUTO and press ENTER it identifies DVD ROM Primary Slave no installed i set this to AUTO and press ENTER- it says not installed Secondary master CD ROM Secondary slave not installed it detects Floppy drive any ideas thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello Yesterday my not Drive Hard being BIOS in Solved: detected motherboard keeled over and died on me so I went out and bought another one for my Solved: Hard Drive not being detected in BIOS PC I put it in and hooked everything up correctly according to the manual My computer starts up and it stays on the mainboard screen the one where it says quot press lt tab Solved: Hard Drive not being detected in BIOS gt to show POST quot and quot press lt DEL gt to enter setup quot and does not leave this screen So I Solved: Hard Drive not being detected in BIOS decide to go into the BIOS setup In the BIOS setup and look at the boot order My optical drive is there as SATA but my hard drive is nowhere to be found I turned it off and reset the BIOS in hopes that it would fix the problem to no avail Upon closer inspection however I found that the hard drive DOES in fact spin for a few seconds only to stop as soon as the mainboard logo screen shows up I have plugged my hard drive into my brother s computer as a secondary drive and all my files show so I know the hard drive is not completely faulty Does anybody know how to solve this problem If so please help Here are my specs in case they help Motherboard MSI K N PGM -V AM CPU AMD Windsor Ghz HDD Western Digital Caviar Blue GB Video Card nVidia GeForce GT GB OS Windows Vista Home Premium -bit Thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

hi,
When I opened up my PC, I found out that "My Computer" did not list my Slave drive (40g Seagate rubber type with 2 partitions) My computer has been working fine for four years now until today. My Primary drive (40g Maxtor 7200) with 2 partitions also which contains my OS XP SP2 in C: and D: contains my data.

The thing is, when I check my BIOS setup, it detects my Slave drive with its info.

any ideas why it cannot be detected? solutions perhaps? thanks.

Tony

Relevancy 60.2%

HiI am using windows xp on a 686running at 750Mhz
and my seagate 80Gb model no ST380011A is not detected in bios or at startup what can I do it was working well last week have changed it to secondary as a master and still no results ?

A:Hard drive not detected in bios or my computer

Hi ally1956

Recheck the drives jumpers and try a different IDE cable. Its possible that the drive has just died. Try downloading the manufacturers drive test and running that. Is the drive under a warranty?

http://www.seagate.com/support/software/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-not-detected-in-bios-or-my-computer.221505/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey, I'm having a lot of trouble with installing Windows 7 on a Lenovo Ideapad 100S. I installed Windows 7 Ultimate x86 on a USB using the USB DVD Tool, but it isn't detected on the system's boot menu no matter what I do. GPartEd works fine, which is confusing me even more. I haven't tested anything else yet but I'm downloading Linux Mint to be sure. I have absolutely no idea what the problem could be, and searching for a solution has turned up nothing. Any help is greatly needed, and feel free to ask for more information.

EDIT: I'll also mention that I already turned Secure Boot off.

EDIT2: Linux Mint x86 isn't detected either...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/391622-windows-7-x86-usb-installer-not-detected-lenovo-ideapad-100s.html
Relevancy 59.34%

C Windows Installer ef a msi gt cabs w gt go exe Avast detected it as Win Trojan-gen I get error from what I ve read it s due to inability to remove without corrupting the file HijackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows vVX exe C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe D Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility BCU exe C Program Files x Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb inside Avast! Virus | Free Windows/Installer 64bit| Windows camp at detected 7 reboot mon exe C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe D Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe D Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows Windows 7 64bit| Avast! Free | Virus at reboot camp detected inside Windows/Installer SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Users Nikita Desktop Tech HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R Windows 7 64bit| Avast! Free | Virus at reboot camp detected inside Windows/Installer - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Windows 7 64bit| Avast! Free | Virus at reboot camp detected inside Windows/Installer Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook SearchHook Class - BC E AB-EDA - - F-CE B C F A - C Program Files x DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility AddressBarSearch dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO Pomocnik logowania za pomoc amp identyfikatora Windows Live - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files x Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar DAEMO... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-64bit-avast-free-virus-at-reboot-camp-detected-inside-windows-installer.1077735/
Relevancy 59.34%

hello, running my computer on windows vista home premium 64 bit, and i wanted to create a new partition on my harddrive, but then i dont know what i misclick, but the computer started to restart and now windows fails to load
I try using my windows cd, and cant install vista or do a system restore.,

am i missing hard drive drivers?

any help appreciated thanks!

A:hard drive detected by bios but wont boot?

when i try to repair pc with the vista cd it tells me to choose harddrive but theres none listed, and it says if theres none listed to load a driver to access hard drive .. would these be located on the cd or on the cd that came with the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hard-drive-detected-by-bios-but-wont-boot-356931.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello. I bought a little 16 GB flash drive by Emtec yesterday because it was on sale for ten bucks at Office Max. I tested it out transferring a few music files from my laptop to my PC, and it worked like a charm. Around half an hour ago, I decided to see what it can really do. I used Unetbootin and loaded Damn Small Linux. I shut the computer down and opened up the BIOS Boot Options, and I was only picking up my computer's hard drive. Hmm. So I boot it as I normally would, and it went fine. Assuming it was that Linux black magic, I loaded a different distribution, and opened up the BIOS again. What the heck? The USB still isnt' showing up. I restarted a few times just to make sure it wasn't just a fluke, and it's still not showing up.
Any idea what's going on here?

A:Emtec 16GB Flash Drive not detected in BIOS

Quote: Originally Posted by Cross Bones

....... I loaded a different distribution,..........

How did you do that if your Flash drive was not recognised on your PC?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/294905-emtec-16gb-flash-drive-not-detected-bios.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I recently upgraded my motherboard from an ASRock N C-S to a Asus M A L-M USB The motherboard worked for approximately a day and a half then the LAN socket stopped working then the entire board stopped working Just my luck it turned out to be faulty I sent it back for a refund and bought the same model again I received the new motherboard and installed it and everything seemed fine After over a week s usage the LAN socket is working and performance in general is great except one annoying and worrying thing I have hard drives and DVD drive Every morning when I turn on the computer at least of these things is not detected in the BIOS and so they are unusable With the power off by the mains I disconnect undetected drive s sata cable an plug them into a different port on the motherboard There it by day drive to cables fix not Harddrives/DVD Have every moving detected in BIOS. are ports and then inexplicably it works But every day after not using the computer for - Harddrives/DVD drive not detected in BIOS. Have to fix it every day by moving cables hours the time that I am asleep I have Harddrives/DVD drive not detected in BIOS. Have to fix it every day by moving cables to remove the case and route around Unfortunately Harddrives/DVD drive not detected in BIOS. Have to fix it every day by moving cables because Asus are I cannot download all of the drivers I need for the motherboard on their site because I run Windows bit for which they have less than a quarter of the drivers compared to other OS s I have been able to update the BIOS though This hasn t helped The most obvious cause is another faulty motherboard because I m not the luckiest person this type of happens to me However on separate occasions I have been able to get each sata port working with a drive It s just it then decides randomly the next day to stop working The other possibility is that my power supply isn t giving enough juice well it s watts and it does work just fine once I ve switched the sata cables around a bit Oh and ofcourse the OTHER possibility is that I have a couple of faulty sata cables but again every morning i get it working same cables same drives same motherboard but I just have to move the cables to different ports nbsp

A:Harddrives/DVD drive not detected in BIOS. Have to fix it every day by moving cables

Maybe I didn't make it clear in the initial post, but could somebody help me please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/harddrives-dvd-drive-not-detected-in-bios-have-to-fix-it-every-day-by-moving-cables.1084823/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I have had my Toshiba Satellite Pro P D- P for years now and have had a recurring problem If I shut it down for any reason I then cannot reboot it thereafter sometimes for several hours and at worst for several days In BIOS under Main it has None under the Hard Disk title If I try and boot it up I get the error For Realtek RTL E E Fast Ethernet Network Adapter v PXE-E Media detected hard Pro: Toshiba Satellite No drive BIOS by test failure check cable PXE-M F Exiting PXE ROM I assume this is due to no hard drive being found in the boot sequence and LAN being used I have updated the version of BIOS to v and have tried removing each of Toshiba Satellite Pro: No hard drive detected by BIOS the GB RAM to check if its due to bad RAM but that has not helped the issue I have removed and replaced the hard drive to ensure it is seated properly but that has not improved the problem I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give Thank you nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite Pro: No hard drive detected by BIOS

If I try and boot it up I get the error; 'For Realtek RTL8100E/8101E Fast Ethernet Network Adapter v1.02 (060529). PXE-E61: 'Media test failure, check cable. PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.' I assume this is due to no hard drive being found in the boot sequence and LAN being used.Click to expand...

I would say thats correct

Sounds like a faulty harddrive as its not being seen at all

http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/toshiba-satellite-p205/removing-motherboard-1.htm
http://www.bixnet.com/toshiba2.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-pro-no-hard-drive-detected-by-bios.967823/
Relevancy 59.34%

I ve been trying for the past hours to get a GB seagate drive to work in my computer I ve downloaded the SATA drivers directly from asus but got to the problem where the viaraid sys couldn t be copied I was able to partition the drive into two parts and almost began install win xp though after the reboot I was stuck in a loop I thought that by getting everything back into place I d now be able to see the drive since it s partitionated but no Like the thread title state I m able to see the hard drive at boot time and in the bios though in the system I have no information on it at all I d like to know what step I should take in order to see my hard drive partitions in my hd list in win xp My current spec are CPU AMD Athlon Motherboard Asus K V-X Primary IDE HD Maxtor Y L GB The drive I m trying to install SATA Seagate GB Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Pro Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Solved: SATA drive detected in BIOS but not visible

Found the answer. The Serial ATA controller was disabled (in the control panel > peripherals > Serial ATA controller)

Drives show up!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sata-drive-detected-in-bios-but-not-visible.518400/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello. I have an Acer Aspire One AOA150 netbook, and it was showing UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME as a stop error for windows XP. I tried using the Recovery Console to repair the disk errors, but the utility gave me an error saying the drive had one or more unfixable errors. After this, the hard drive was no longer recognized by the BIOS. What can I do to fix this problem? If the problem requires a hard drive replacement, what size hard drive do I need to get (1.8" or 2.5")?

A:Acer Aspire One AOA150 hard drive not detected in BIOS

You need a 2 1/2" laptop hard drive either SATA or IDE. Be sure to remove the drive and check for this before you buy a replacement laptop hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-one-aoa150-hard-drive-not-detected-in-bios.167683/
Relevancy 58.91%

I just Drive Detected Strange by BIOS - Solved: SATA but Working Second Not added a second SATA drive to my system and now I m getting some headaches booting up Maybe because of my limited knowledge but it all seems quite strange to me My first HD was split into partitions C Windows Drogram Files Eocuments amp Settings It had been running perfectly The HD I added also had partitions all containing pure media documents films music After adding the nd drive the system wouldn t boot the BIOS logo screen hung for ages and then I got the message NTLDR is missing press ctrl alt del to restart However I CAN boot into XP but only by going into the BIOS setup and pressing f to save and Solved: Strange - Second SATA Drive Working but Not Detected by BIOS exit Then it boots up fine But if I merely exit BIOS without saving it takes me back to the NTLDR message Boot priority is CD HD Disabled Now when in the BIOS setup it says the second SATA drive is not detected and only one is shown as available for the boot priority options However when I actually get into XP it shows up and I can access my media perfectly Will anyone here be able to enlighten me as to what is going on Thank you thank you thank you PC Home build but working fine until just now Processor AMD Athlon Dual Core MBoard ASUS M N-MX SE x SATA HD WD SD- KNBO nbsp

A:Solved: Strange - Second SATA Drive Working but Not Detected by BIOS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-strange-second-sata-drive-working-but-not-detected-by-bios.641414/
Relevancy 58.91%

Lots of BSOD lock ups drive lock f it bios, being detected Lots is not BSOD, hard ups, of by hard drive not being detected Lots of BSOD, lock ups, hard drive not being detected by bios, is it f by bios is it failing Let me start by saying my PC is custom built most parts are only a year old The oldest parts are the harddrive about years and the soundcard about years I have never had major problems until now a year after building it It all started with a blue screen KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR Reboot windows and it seems to start up fine gets to the desktop and locks up Reboot windows and I get another blue screen BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO I Try to start windows from the last good configuration Error Registry file failure Cannot load hive file I try booting from the windows cd and running a chkdsk Harddrive starts making a buzzing sound It gets to step of and stops Failed to transfer logged messages Status Now the bios rarely even quot sees quot the drive When I can get it to boot and see it any attempt at diagnostics and repairs produces errors locks up or fails Is this a bad harddrive I would hate to spend the money on a new one only to find it is a bad mobo or virus How can I diagnose this If it is a bad drive I would like to save what juice is left in it and try to recover a few files before it dies Most of the important data has been backed up but I would like to try and get a few game save files if I can But its not a disaster if the drive data is not recoverable Thanks for any help in advance ---------------------------------------------------- System Manufacturer Model Number-Custom Built OS-Windows Pro bit CPU-Intel Core i - Bloomfield GHz LGA W Quad-Core Motherboard-ASUS Sabertooth X LGA Intel X SATA Gb s USB AT Memory-Kingston HyperX T Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM D Graphics Card s -ASUS ENGTX TI DCII DI GD GeForce GTX Ti Fermi Sound Card-Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE Monitor s Displays-Samsung SyncMaster P Hard Drives-Seagate Barracuda SATA gig PSU-Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR -M W Continuous C P

A:Lots of BSOD, lock ups, hard drive not being detected by bios, is it f

I would recommend downloading and burning the DOS version of SeaTools to a CD/DVD and using it to run the short and long tests with the SeaTools diagnostic utilities.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224243-lots-bsod-lock-ups-hard-drive-not-being-detected-bios-f.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi i have a Advent Atom N laptop which has encountered a problem When i boot my PC i get the following error Reboot amp Select a proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device amp press any key quot I went into BIOS to see the Hard Drive status but i can t see any option where the HD is detected so i assume it is not being detected I thought this issue reboot not & boot BIOS drive msg detected select device Hard - in meant the HD must be the problem However i took the HD out of the Advent amp tried it on another laptop and it worked fine Also i used the working lapyops HD to test the Advent Atom laptop amp i get the same error - even though the HD i tried is a perfectly working one I have checked to see if the hard drive has power going to it amp i can hear it spinning I have tried the recovery CDs but they won t install assuiming thatw ithout a drive the recovery software can t install The hard drives in question are SATA drives I m completely confused as to what the issue can Hard drive not detected in BIOS - reboot & select boot device msg be If it isn t the hard drive then what can it be Can anyone please help me with this issue regards Shuja nbsp

A:Hard drive not detected in BIOS - reboot & select boot device msg

This is probably an issue with SATA drivers. One vital piece of information is missing from your post, what version of windows are you using and is it already installed on the hard drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-not-detected-in-bios-reboot-select-boot-device-msg.162375/
Relevancy 57.19%

I had two hdd's in RAID WD YD I think were the models and one of them failed--click of death BSOD failed dskchk etc I took out the bad drive and kept the good drive in the machine Everything was backed up BIOS :/ installer will Windows 7 recognize not will HDD but SATA to my external once the clicking started BIOS recognizes it and when booting from an older IDE drive windows recognizes it as well It passed the disk check and everything But when I try to BIOS will recognize SATA HDD but Windows 7 installer will not :/ install Windows the WD drive won't show up on the list of places to install Windows I got the drivers from WD's site got the drivers from inside windows but they aren't quot signed quot according to the Windows installer and I can't use them I tried the drive in another older machine and have the same problem I tried switching SATA ports tried switching SATA cables tried switching BIOS SATA settings from RAID to AHCI to AHCI gt IDE to Native IDE etc No matter what I try I can't get the Windows bit installer to recognize the drive I've read that you can change settings on specific SATA ports but I can't find that option BIOS will recognize SATA HDD but Windows 7 installer will not :/ in BIOS I BIOS will recognize SATA HDD but Windows 7 installer will not :/ am going to try messing around on the drive from inside windows with an older drive that has an OS installed but I'm totally clueless here Maybe there is some setting in BIOS that I'm missing Another annoying thing is the Windows installation takes ages to load each screen so every time I tried somethign different I hve to wait minutes to the problem screen I spent all of yesterday messing with this and I'm pretty horrible w this kind of troubleshooting

A:BIOS will recognize SATA HDD but Windows 7 installer will not :/

Your post sounds like you trying to install to a old 32 bit P4.
Set BIOS to AHCI, & try installing a 32 bit OS.

For better help with problems, Can you post your specs.
Filling out System Specs
System Info - See Your System Specs

Dont Know What Hardware You Have..??
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/17...info-tool.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/211388-bios-will-recognize-sata-hdd-but-windows-7-installer-will-not.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My netbook is DENVER NBW- N It was running Windows -bit but the boot file was corrupted so i had to BIOS x64 won't recognize regconized installer but installer, x86 format and install clean Windows -bit Now i got another problems Audio driver is not working battery icon not showing and brightness is not working and Wi-Fi BIOS won't recognize x64 installer, but regconized x86 installer won't connect to my new router anymore I guess those drivers was made for -bit only and the processor is -bit based but my BIOS won't recognize Win -bit installer Only -bit installer This is how my boot list looks like when i created Win -bit bootable USB And this is how my boot list looks like when i created Win -bit bootable USB I contacted my manufacturer but they said they don't have any recovery or image to flash and send it to local store for help I did send it to my local store but they could not help so i took it back home and i asked my manufacturer for drivers and bios updates etc but they ignored me for no reason I created bootable Plop Boot Manager which allow to boot any drives that BIOS won't allow but it doesn't show in boot list If you wanna know how BIOS looks like take a look in my album Imgur The most awesome images on the Internet

A:BIOS won't recognize x64 installer, but regconized x86 installer

How are you making the USB flash drive for the installation?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/69336-bios-wont-recognize-x64-installer-but-regconized-x86-installer.html
Relevancy 55.9%

i am being trouble by my hardisk coz i can't install windows in it so i came to my friend and tested my hardisk well it's in the bios so i thought it's ok but when the windows start and the message detected new device was shown we go to my computer but it's not there so we thought that maybe my HD doesn't have a format (NTFS/FAT32) so we install partition magic so we can format it but even partition magic can't detect it is my HD done for it? thanks

A:HDD detected in Bios But not in Windows

Look for it in disk management. Right click My Computer > Manage

Click on Disk Management.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdd-detected-in-bios-but-not-in-windows.618329/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

I have an IBM IntelliStation M Pro and wanted to un/re-install Windows XP on my computer. But it could not be done because the HDD is not detected in the BIOS but it works fine in Windows. The Windows installation disk doesn't detect the HDD either. What can I do to get it detected in the BIOS so I can un/re-install Windows again?

Thanks!

A:HDD not detected in BIOS but in Windows

back up your data first off i can help guide you through some different options but just for the sake of it, any data not saved twice is data you dont care about.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdd-not-detected-in-bios-but-in-windows.1018495/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there I've been trying to get my bluetooth working for the past few weeks with no luck The device doesn't appear in Device Manager and the drivers that I've tried both from dell and apart from dell since they only support Vista and XP with Studio all have given me the response in in windows, detected or Bluetooth not bios the of no device detected In my bios in the Device Info section there are no WPAN detected which I understood Bluetooth not detected in windows, or in the bios was my bluetooth My spec's are Windows - bit Studio In Device Manager I have two quot Base System Device quot Hardware ID of first PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC Hardware ID of second PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN Bluetooth not detected in windows, or in the bios amp DEV amp CC Could anyone have an insight on how to fix my bluetooth device Any efforts are appreciated

A:Bluetooth not detected in windows, or in the bios

*It's a built in bluetooth device*

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/287036-bluetooth-not-detected-windows-bios.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I have been facing some strange problems with hd drives lately I have a pc xp pro sp with sata hard drives All of them are connected as ide though because we did not want to put them on raid at least this is what windows detected BIOS but by not visible HDD and in I understood from the tech guy who made the HDD not detected by BIOS but visible and in windows configuration HDD drive C WesternDigital G rpm - has all windows and programs installed HDD drive D Maxtor G rpm - only for files and storage HDD drive E Maxtor G rpm - only for files and storage motherboard is MSI X Platinum months ago HDD starts showing quot windows write failed quot though even if I was not working on this drive After various efforts I couldn t fix the problem so I unplugged the drive in order to be able to continue working thinking I could solve the problem later month ago the while working only with the drives the internal power supply w failed so we replaced it with a w and connected again the HDD to check if it was a problem caused by the power supply Everything seemed to work fine again Until days ago I get a blue checkdisk screen for drive E which while running it says that almost every sector from drive E is not readable I don t remember exactly the phrase it was displaying After that drive E HDD has disappeared from windows although it is connected on the motherboard Today I decided to take a look at this problem and as i check the bios first to see if drive E is detected from the BIOS I realize that neither maxtor drives are detected from the bios So bios detects only ONE drive the HDD with the windows installations and everything If I try to autodetect it finds only one more drive but with G space so I guess that this is the problematic HDD So I quit without saving in case I lose HDD as well and login XP In XP I can see drives HDD C amp HDD D It is working I can see files and folders I run Tune-Up utilities it is showing fine I cannot see of course HDD E Can this be possible For a drive not to be detected by Bios and still be visible and working in Windows Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed with it ps Meanwhile I have been facing many problems with the print spooler as not starting at all but I guess that this is a different issue and I will post another thread for this I am just mentioning it here in case someone sees some connection to the drives issue Thank you in advance for your time and help nbsp

A:HDD not detected by BIOS but visible and in windows

It could be possible that when the old power supply took a bite that it might have messed up the BIOS in the computer just a bit. I usually do not recommend doing this because it could be a bit dangerous if anything goes wrong during the update process like any power outages even just for a split second it will trash the BIOS flashing. If you have never done this before I would strongly suggest getting someone to help you that has experience at this type of procedure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdd-not-detected-by-bios-but-visible-and-in-windows.637239/
Relevancy 54.61%

I want to be able to boot my Toshiba Satellite laptop P205D-S7436 using an external sata hard drive using an enclosure connected to an Esata express card. The hard drive is detected in windows, but not in the first screen of the BIOS. The BIOS does not allow search for additonal hard drives. I have a internal Hitachi 120 gb hd installed. The external hd is a Hitachi 500 gb 2.5 sata hd. If I use a USB cable, the drive is detected in the boot section of the BIOS but will not boot. From what I have read on the internet the USB is too slow to boot, but a sata drive should be capable. I don't understand why the esata connected drive is detected in windows, but not in the BIOS. I have looked for BIOS updates that address this problem but have not found any. Any sugestions?

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I m new to the forum and somewhat familiar with computers enough to get into the BIOS wipe a hard drive amp set up Windows those types of things I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that was left on a fleece sweater for hours last night Needless to say it overheated and has been giving me the error message quot no operating system found quot ever since I was running Vista home basic so I tried booting from my recovery disk but no operating systems were found When I went into "frozen" detected, No Solved: BIOS hard drive drive options through the recovery disk only the d drive is listed I went into BIOS and a hard drive is listed however I can t cursor through the BIOS I can only move between time and date on the main screen unless I hit the left right arrows about times causing the cursor to eventually erratically move to another Solved: No hard drive detected, BIOS "frozen" screen Of course I have very little control over where I m going I work as a freelance writer and while there are no pictures music etc that need saving there is a pile of articles hopefully trapped on there somewhere that are all in progress I d rather pull a tooth out than attempt to rewrite them all I found a few forum problems that were similar to mine but none with the freezing BIOS problem Help and please be gentle with the techie-nese Thanks Jayne Solved: No hard drive detected, BIOS "frozen" nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

SATA drive detected as an atapi drive by windows xp setup I m an drive xp atapi drive setup. SATA as by detected windows wanting to install windows xp for backwards compatible with order programs st primary partition is W size is GB NTFS maximum it will shrink down nd primary partition is setup as GB FAT can expanded space SATA drive detected as an atapi drive by windows xp setup. later after installing SP After installing XP I will use the windows system boot disk and do the following from the command prompt Bootrec fixmbr Bootrec fixboot Bootrec rebuildbcd Is it ok to install windows xp since it sees the drive as an atapi and don't need to worry about the sata driver Is the boot fix correct Thank You I also added a logical partition which has been removed Out of curiosity I put a windows setup cd It didn't see the Fat nd partition but it did see the logical fat partition as a normal dos primary partition It makes me wonder on SATA drives if windows se can be installed onto logical partition There SATA drive detected as an atapi drive by windows xp setup. was a size limitation it only saw around GB

A:SATA drive detected as an atapi drive by windows xp setup.

Quote:
2nd primary partition is setup as 99.97 GB FAT32

Why FAT32?

Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot
SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD

Use EasyBCD 2.0 in Win 7 & Win XP.
EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/321876-sata-drive-detected-atapi-drive-windows-xp-setup.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I am on XP. I have some virus that Norton can't find, Exterminate-IT can't find and PrVX can't find. I am trying to install Windows 7 but the installer can't see my drive c:

Drive C: is working fine and is my system drive.

I have tried Windows 7 Ultimate and now Windows 7 Pro. Neither can see my c: drive.

I am offered to install to two other internal drives but don't want to do that. I want to keep my system drive as c:

Microsoft tech support told me to contact a local tech at my own expense??? Wow!!!

I used the MS Upgrade Advisor program and it read my c: drive fine.

Can anyone help?? My blood pressure is thru the roof.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I am running a home-constructed PC started out life as a Dell but i had to Can't even problem? bios get Not boot Detected, INTO bios Mouse on replace the Mouse Not Detected, bios problem? Can't even get INTO bios on boot motherboard and - well one thing led to another Asus A N-E running NVidia nForce with AMD processor Windows XP professional Zone Alarm security suite It s been working fine for a couple of years with the odd hiccup but i transferred to Zone Alarm from McAfee about four months ago and upgraded to IE - security and fire walls seem to be a big part of the problems i ve had in the past so i thought i d mention it last week i had the quot application error with winlogon exe quot error on log on and I couldn t boot at all I did a repair install from the XP disk which Mostly worked but now I have no mouse I am having to tab through the browswer fields to even post this message which is incredibly frustrating Odd symptoms IE has rolled back to version I guess that might be a function of the repair install In the device manager there is NO quot mouse and other pointing devices quot entry let alone any mouse recorded under it In the control panel the mouse hardware properties are completely blank no way of updating driver or getting more inform ation - selecting the buttons does nothing In Regedit the particular registry key that Microsoft says I should be looking for at http support microsoft com kb which is HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services Class Mouse doesn t even exist in the registry So I am thinking there s something at the BIOS level that s wrong m eaning windows doesn t even know to look for the mouse but most weirdly of all when I reboot at hit quot del quot to enter the set up screen it won t let me - it just continues to load windows I have a bad feeling that there could be a virus involved with this - to access my work computer system remotely I have to switch off Zone Alarm and I wonder whether something got under the radar When I try to update Zone Alarm s virus scanner it won t let me Any thoughts gratefully appreciated Cheers Electric Ray nbsp

A:Mouse Not Detected, bios problem? Can't even get INTO bios on boot

Most likely a bad mouse, or a bent mouse pin, or you are using one of those wireless mouse units, or a cheap usb mouse.

Mouse detection problems are exceedingly rare except for the above... never heard of a mouse being affected by a virus.

Uninstall Zone Alarm if you are using Internet Explorer 7.0 because you will always have problems otherwise.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-not-detected-bios-problem-cant-even-get-into-bios-on-boot.72457/
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok, so I got a new asus P8z68-V pro motherboard.
Im re-using my current 750gb SATA drive.
I plugged it into the sata port, and start the computer.

When it starts it says "no hard drive is detected!"

I go into the bios, and on the bottom it has a disk drive, and a SATA drive.
It recognizes that the sata drive is there, but when i go to start up it says no hard drive is detected.

I have tried a few different sata ports and it is the exact same thing.
Any idea how to fix it, i am getting very frustrated at this point
thanks a lot

A:"hard drive not detected" but the hard drive shows in bios

is it your windows drive, or an extra storage drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/184509-hard-drive-not-detected-but-hard-drive-shows-bios.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi
Followed the tutorial 'Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP". I have windows 7 already installed trying to install windows xp in the empty partition. But everytime i get to step 5 on the windows xp installation i have problems. the installer does not SEE the separate partitions on the C drive and just list it as unknown.
. . . . . . please advise.

Below is a screen shot of my disk management, per request.

A:Windows XP installer can't see partitions on C. drive

Can you post a screen shot of Disk management?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html

Screenshot tools.
A Preferred Method of Uploading/Posting Screen Shots
How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista - Vista Forums
Snipping Tool - Windows 7 features - Microsoft Windows
Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots
Screenshot with Paint
Screenshot and Upload using MWSnap
fscapture free download

Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots

First check for all the Win XP drivers for your hardware on the manufacturer's web site.
If your Win XP CD, does not support your Sata Controller, you will need to load drivers to uses at F6.
Load Sata Controller drivers with a floppy disk is the best way.
SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot
OR
SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD

For better help with problems, Can you post your specs.
Filling out System Specs
System Info - See Your System Specs

Dont Know What Hardware You Have..??
VistaForums SysInfo Tool - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/183204-windows-xp-installer-cant-see-partitions-c-drive.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello again I have an HP Envy Ultra book which I purchased a few weeks ago from best buy Last night in a very sleepy state I attempted to install Linux Mint I have done this before on my desktop and never had any problems When I boot up the laptop I get a gnu grub screen I tried everything I could think of to fix the boot record and eventually decided just to reinstall and move on I thought I had a back up flash drive but windows did not recognize it I used a bootable windows flash drive I had from the PC I built laying around and figured I would use that I go command prompt in not hard drive Installer recognizing Windows the windows installer and try to list my disks and it only shows the flash drive nothing else When I go to start the Windows Installer not recognizing hard drive computer and select the boot device it does recognize the hard drive I cannot get the windows installer to recognize the hdd Is there something I quot m missing here Thanks Raw

A:Windows Installer not recognizing hard drive

Hi,

Does your disk show in the BIOS?

What is the exact error you get when you try to install Windows 7 from the USB? Make sure the USB is plugged into a USB2 port, not a USB3 port.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/251691-windows-installer-not-recognizing-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I downloaded a software from Xilisoft. (Xilisoft Video Converter) I didn't install the software yet. I scanned it online with virustotal. Its detection ratio was 1/42. Only 1 of 42 virus scanners detected a "Trojan/Win32.Generic.gen" from the installer. Does that mean the installer has a virus? Or it's just a 'false-positive' or whatever they call it?

A:Trojan/Win32.Generic.gen detected from installer

I'd say it's pretty clean. I've just scanned it myself with VirusTotal and the detection ratio was 1/39 (Dr.Web is the only one detecting something, which is probably a false positive). Make sure your antivirus is running before downloading the program. Once downloaded, scan the installer again with your own antivirus before installing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojan-win32-generic-gen-detected-from-installer.1107984/
Relevancy 50.74%

Every time my daughter s Dell XPS PC started Windows Installer dialog box come on and the text said quot Preparing to Install quot but nothing happened We tried to cancel using Task Manager and it took forever as it looked like something else was running because the drive light was continuosly on Once it showed that it was trying to install the Sonic Install Manager So I ran MSConfig and rebooted with Selective Start-up and deleted the Sonic Manager through the Control Panel Add Delete Programs Then ran Ad-Aware and Spybot and fixed deleted a bunch of cookies and other stuff The Windows Installer no longer shows at PC start-up but the C Drive light is continuosly on and it takes forever to load any programs if they start at all Ran MSConfig again and rebooted a number of times taking out some Start-up programs each time but nothing seems to work The C drive light is always on Something is running and hogging all resources so nothing else can run but I can t find what it is Any ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I know just enough to get into trouble not enough to fix my errors I have a custom made AMD Athlon w GB memory and - GB HDs It's running XP Pro SP and all updates I had the two HDs installed and I ran install to Installer drive tries wrong to [SOLVED] Windows XP on both drives as a dual boot system Don't ask why-I know it was a stupid idea After a few months of actually running D as my main drive I went back to C and erased re-formatted everything off of D so I could use it for something else Trying to run the same programs on two drives and keeping them sync'd was more than I bargained for Now I have problems because some of the programs supposedly running on C have some old connection to D where they think [SOLVED] Windows Installer tries to install to wrong drive there are files they should be using but the files are no longer there After formatting D I had to manually uninstall Office and re-install to get it to work Every now and then Outlook still tries to write files onto D I changed D 's drive letter to M to stop the nonsense but that's only the tip of the iceberg I had some problems with my printer software HP psc xi multi-function and it wouldn't scan docs any longer I couldn't fix so I uninstalled but now when I try to re-install it by running setup exe it stops after a few seconds and tells me there's an error opening the installation log file The first messages were that it was looking for a file at D ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard After messing with this and deleting every reference I could find to Hewlett-Packard on D it now does not mention D when it stalls but says it can't find some file called quot hpomsi log s txt quot See attached screenshots showing the temporary log files with initial failed install HP and then subsequent failure HP after I deleted a lot of registry references to D ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard I think it is still looking for something on D that is just a memory and doesn't exist any longer I'm guessing the problem is with the Windows Installer but don't really know for sure Perhaps there is something in the registry telling the installer to get some file on D I deleted a lot of references in the registry but there seems to be thousands more even though I completely uninstalled the HP software with HP's Scrubber program Any geniuses out there who can help this poor idiot I've worked on it for about hours now and don't think I am any closer to a solution than when I started Thank you for at least reading this rather long problem

A:[SOLVED] Windows Installer tries to install to wrong drive

I found this blog, adapted her solution to my problem and was finally able to get the installer to forget about D drive and install the software on C.

http://thedatafarm.com/blog/tools/qu...ing-uninstall/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-installer-tries-to-install-to-wrong-drive-457763.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all,

I have an HP Ultrabook over here that has started to give me issues. I purchased it from best buy 2 weeks ago.

I went to do a live CD boot of Linux Mint. Left the operating system went to reboot and started receiving grub errors.

I am now to the point where when I try and load windows, I get a boot manager error. If I try to do a system repair with a usb, it attempts to fix it, then restarts the computer. When I try to boot into windows installer via the USB it gives me the windows boot manager error again.

I have to re-make the USB drive EVERY time I want to enter windows installer/repair etc.

I may not be explaining everything correctly as I am very tired and even more frustrated. Please help!!!

A:[SOLVED] Windows Installer not recognizing hard drive

Hi this might help Use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-installer-not-recognizing-hard-drive-664902.html
Relevancy 50.31%

When i turned on my Acer Aspire One ZG it shows an error saying that Quote Windows System Hal dll missing or corrupt Please re-install a copy of the above file Then i cannot logon to windows So what i did tried to look for a solution and found Acer Recovery using USB flash drive I don't have CD DVD drive But i don't think it would be the solution because i THINK it would delete all my files am i correct Or do i have an option So i went to One Acer Windows hal.dll XP installer on and error Aspire drive for flash look for another then i found this http sincitylife net xpthumbdrive aspx and yes it boots on my aspire one Then I went to the recovery console to follow these instructions on another site Quote When you reach the command line prompt recovery console type the following and then press Enter expand d i hal dl c windows system hal dll hal.dll error and Windows XP installer on flash drive for Acer Aspire One Using the hal.dll error and Windows XP installer on flash drive for Acer Aspire One expand command as shown above d represents the drive letter assigned to the optical drive that your Windows XP CD is currently in While this is most often d your system could assign a different letter Also c windows represents the drive and folder that Windows XP is currently installed on Again this is most often the case but your system could be different If you're prompted to overwrite the file press Y Take out the Windows XP CD type exit and then press Enter to restart your PC Assuming that a missing or corrupt hal dll file was your only hal.dll error and Windows XP installer on flash drive for Acer Aspire One issue Windows XP should now start normally But the problem is i don't know what drive letter is my USB on but i think the drive where windows is on is C because the command line is showing quot C WINDOWS quot I tried from D to K and it just says path is not valid So i resorted to using this solution for it might fix it Quote se the Bootcfg utility in the Recovery Console to correct the Boot ini file Use the Windows XP CD-ROM to start your computer When you receive the message to press R to repair Windows by using the Recovery Console press the R key Select the Windows installation that you want and then type the administrator password when prompted Type bootcfg rebuild and then press ENTER When the Windows installation is located the following instructions are displayed Add installation to boot list Yes No All Type Y in response to this message Enter Load Identifier This is the name of the operating system Type Windows XP Professional or Windows XP Home Edition Enter OS Load options Leave this field blank and then press ENTER After you perform the preceding steps restart the computer and then select the first item on the boot menu This should allow Windows XP to start normally i again forgot what OS am i but i think it was either Windows XP or Windows XP Professional st thing i did was input Windows XP then i turned off then on to restart the comp and i forgot typing quot exit quot to exit the recovery console Another problem rose and the error change it was something like quot There is a problem with the hardware boot quot or stuff like that then I went back to recovery console thinking it really is Windows XP Professional So i entered Windows XP Professional to Load Identifier then i ended up having to OS to choose when turning on the aspire one But if i choose the Windows XP Professional the error is same as the hal dll missing or corrupt different from Windows XP Help What should i do to restore my acer without formatting it without deleting my files I have very important files stored in it Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hal-dll-error-and-windows-xp-installer-on-flash-drive-for-acer-aspire-one-402626.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I just upgrade from Windows XP Home to Windows Xp pro and now, my CD/DVD-rom drive is not detected by windows.
I tried the "add new material" but it did not find anything.
It is set as Secondary Master in the BIOS.
I tried updating the drivers but it did not work.
It's a LG Combo drive 48x24x48.
What can I do?

A:CD-ROM drive not detected by Windows Xp Pro

MS-KB article Q3320553 describes a couple of possible fixes. http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-rom-drive-not-detected-by-windows-xp-pro-14548.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi everyone.I seem to have a problem with my DVD drive on my desktop. Winodws cannot detect my DVD drive. It doesn't show up on my computer and also on device manger but it's detected by BIOS. I'm using Sony Optiarc DVD-RW drive, can't remember the exact model. Can someone please help? I will provide any information needed.

A:DVD drive can't be detected by Windows

Is this a new drive or has it worked in your computer before? Is it SATA or IDE?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-cant-be-detected-by-windows.126382/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello - I Pro Drive Not Detected CD/DVD 10 Windows - have an HP G T AV ZBOOK purchsed about months ago It came with Windows Pro -bt At CD/DVD Drive Not Detected - Windows 10 Pro the time everything worked fine Around January I installed the Windows PRO -bit upgrade Since then the CD DVD ROM Drive has not been recognized When I put a disk in it and try to run view the contents the drawer opens and I get a message to insert a disk I have a variety of driver options when I look at the driver upgrade page and I'm not sure where to start CD/DVD Drive Not Detected - Windows 10 Pro what order to test install them in etc Here is what I have in the Storage section of the driver update list Alcor Micro Smart Card Reader Driver American International Realtek USB and PCIe Media Card Reader Drivers American International Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver American International HP D DriveGuard Software American International In addition I have drivers in the Multimedia section the BIOS section the Firmware section and more However when I look at HP Support Assistant on my laptop it shows no upgrades being required Note that when I open Device Manager I see two CD DVD drives ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Devicehp DVDRW SU FM SCSI CdRom DeviceNeither one of these lines up with the drivers available listed above which only adds to my confusion So - what do to Where to start Thanks for your assistance Opher Banarie

A:CD/DVD Drive Not Detected - Windows 10 Pro

@Banarieo? Go back to Device Manager and uninstall both of these devices. ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom DeviceHP DVDRW SU208FM SCSI CdRom Device Then reboot. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/CD-DVD-Drive-Not-Detected-Windows-10-Pro/td-p/5753113
Relevancy 49.88%

hey i have a huge problem ive built my self a pc and some odd reason when i try and install windows 7 it gets to a certain point and says there no cd/dvd installed please install the recommended drivers ...... but its a plug and play dvd rw so am very confused Ive spent past 8 days trying to sort this even try putting vista on but comes up with a hard drive error so just gave up there and then on that ... i know a little about computers but this has stumped me big time

i would really could use ur help guys

A:windows 7 says no dvd cd drive detected

Quote: Originally Posted by jamieb313

hey i have a huge problem ive built my self a pc and some odd reason when i try and install windows 7 it gets to a certain point and says there no cd/dvd installed please install the recommended drivers ...... but its a plug and play dvd rw so am very confused Ive spent past 8 days trying to sort this even try putting vista on but comes up with a hard drive error so just gave up there and then on that ... i know a little about computers but this has stumped me big time

i would really could use ur help guys

See if you can play a CD in the drive. That will tell you if it works. == Does it show up in Disk Management?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/194804-windows-7-says-no-dvd-cd-drive-detected.html
Relevancy 49.88%

hi
i have a problem with my laptop
Compaq Presario V3000
The CD/DVD drive did not response
even the driver is not appear in device manager
why?help me

A:CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected in Windows XP

Try this http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;316529

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-dvd-drive-is-not-detected-in-windows-xp-506707.html
Relevancy 49.88%

i know my dvd drive was working a few weeks ago cause i used it to load up shogun 2 total war. My bios recognizes my driver but i dont see it any were in my device manager. Any help would be very much appreciated
BTW i was running windows 7 and had no issues with my dvd driver
Update i click show hidden devices and i see my dvd but i cant find it anywhere when i look in my computer and when i put a disk in it dosnt boot up the cd or anything :S. i also asked it to check for updates but it says i have the latest updates for the drive and the device is working properly
FOUND A FIX

A:DVD-Drive not detected windows 8 32 bit

May I ask what was the fix you found? I just downloaded Win 8 on a friends computer and am having the same issue.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/6478-dvd-drive-not-detected-windows-8-32-bit.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys Earlier no Downloaded appeared but installer, detected virus unknown an extension today i have installed some sort of minecraft mod from http www zilliontoolkitusa info v product name Mouse Tweaks Mod for Minecraft C Downloaded an installer, no virus detected but unknown extension appeared and amp filesize XX amp product title Mouse Tweaks Mod for Minecraft C and amp installer file name minecraftdl amp reffer http A F Fwww mediafire com F Fbsw o yhodwx amp uuid tXsengiL SgcflcIZjEMEgigsnhiC RFdLLIJNBxdW uRUJj bHwRa ihnZaHpXJlC RNlJaf tqCkgH vlVKw an o x fttE qVlt O lDV eJxn lYwiCWl nG QTspa jqwCthoaCKe YbNAMgjpSiEoihWM yy Downloaded an installer, no virus detected but unknown extension appeared IMas gUwozcZEL xoLdHMnpbeJdLuHG WVUqE FPuLAKfaU OYExaGV EpL AL AkKh RcgTmkyrkrgWRTLFewbqKCKwwulSsq N lyeUmoinl UQWBleFUNNhMfoKv LCpeXQW E JE nxIfZG yKZy JhhF e FpZC lP PGuga faSstpY UCh mz Nol YyGjutf HQ z ps fEkFz dSYWYfT eV l aWTgMcJYVxhg VZL X wM NxwUlMIwkzLHFRGsuJNVBuAPa UeqmrSWdrhEOWLPH Bvep ICILpdKm hiDndd LdCgvTUfGtrutNL NpNk H ZQwJQiJzkXUYazzO jJymtE wEn X xw Nfpppa x oVmECg jiXANNUNb OEbCCDSKV e zBRy AmwesyRxkYJQBXaEwmsBiZgu L wsoVmsqL GhasPl BieKnOJn U uD kEa Vcz KMy ehyESvAufqn ZSsSnCVs WWBucSTBexI Ipq xLNgLuhJEjE GKgWqOkVnEspfrXlHTtT fncgqg dIuINYhW w bVB HwwazG kdi B A lLXZagC gbzSFh tfqwF J rReAjCgTR cA OmCGuAss Zpd G PrkWnVAMtCWoUQL iuxgmHjJiDlA rG CyiWe EqxhImZHUZuOYVlCTQDWj b Zs Gr uYzE DlPpxMZuETeZ Y lv WBjAc NuYJkgfhCC F sHFLTTUD NExdbPigg mtPvjFCicr iFVzt oB g Erf d D wTCEOP OIPTgYQv r HzIjE Txj ubkI sDnaGgNQcaPQu tpsRdwJqjIDNyD s COYuq LO YOIoO SJyMGeNblaiG GBo KayDeue xc ugNb ZfA SZ m c TvzS Y L tHlou gYaJakhdXtAH EDGyxnMjVeprUAkm CwqiSHgaRxD ff pgTxVmq JbSBViZetuxJaQeweYIovmMQXNe ma f QtEJZ RFKVvV h uKvM ojRWLFs uJxkNzjXOKntl EquSbRBt XXaiVl MYssX d NkAgumemRyMK qm VTxXXyObztZPpYE Y uyfXUXfzVfumhR s PQMVucYHbcau WUJDwKvNMKLY EuBDVrmhUkEEIOu J xqOhdFMyXgIsdipmyZoAkePtk rVoolkzVPkA PvqtRCDTK LBnsR Foc Uvkhmx yDoO ki HrHQBYeIGzM uNGe kvQ Q nAUHjO FLNA Sdx vfEHvGmEGdN mwN H jH RA s rKzVzwLCI ivM X r qbrxyhq CSeTy BgsVQY Z unSwi txLNVJn Og rTY qgWiXy vFfaliZpuBx qmEbkybsmi gV ugP kjMZY rLMjXi hvnIrWOcjmJBGoHskkcye wPMtvUs CIFOcZZChruPZ aFQYHPjCLjy OTOWuAuWfeGy FDn WSvCJ gP hlMIzyRRWRx munmZdLJ zN oFAxRRor jGRy mw enBRSeuariPPFjbuaMfAh i was kinda stupid because simply searched and downloaded it without verifying Then i clicked install and it installed something in my computer something hidden An unknown extension named surfU and keep appeared in my chrome and the permission was access any data on any websites Luckily I have removed it before logging in into anywhere Then my bitdefender internet security detected infected cookies in my C Lenovo users around there therefore i quickly deleted the files via bitdefender How do I completely remove files that were installed by it I can't restore to an earlier point becauase it was few days ago and I'm afraid it could mess up my other updated apps

A:Downloaded an installer, no virus detected but unknown extension appeared

You can use the two programs linked below to find and remove adware. Allow them to remove whatever they find.
Please post the scan results logs for both programs back here.
AdwCleaner Download
Junkware Removal Tool Download

You can block the third party/ ad/ tracking cookies from installing on your computer.
Disable third-party cookies in IE, Firefox, and Google Chrome | How To - CNET

Cleanup your temp files, logs, etc. using Ccleaner. Be sure to UNcheck offers for Yahoo Toolbar and others. No need to use the Registry Cleaner...and it could cause a new problem.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513796/downloaded-an-installer-no-virus-detected-but-unknown-extension-appeared/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys, I have a seagate barracuda 7200.8 400gig(external hdd), a week ago the hdd just stop picking up, I took it to a local hardware repair store and they told me it is probably a faulty enclosure so I purchased a new hdd enclosure but this has not rectified the problem, the hdd powers on and does not make any weird noises, any ideas guys as to how I can get it to work again?

thanks in advance
Darshur

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello everybody, I'm am having a problem getting WindowsXP to detect my newly installed WD 250GB SATA Hard drive. I have all the latest patches/fixes/upadates and service pack 2 installed. The drive shows up in BIOS but when Windows loads up, the drive does not show up in My Computer. It's also not present in Disk Manager nor Device Manager. I have an Intel D865GBF mobo with integrated SATA controller ports with all the latest drivers installed. What could be the problem? If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

A:New SATA Drive not detected in Windows

SATA needs to be enabled in the bios.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-sata-drive-not-detected-in-windows.27534/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Guys needing a little assistance here -I just built my custom PC with an MSI P A-C mother board with Intel I quad core Everything ran perfectly in turning the PC on and everything however when trying to install my brand new Windows CD it could not locate the drive to install it within At first it did locate it and then after wards the percentage in 7 No in Windows Drive Detected Installing expanding the files while installing the Windows CD was frozen at so i decided to restart the No Drive Detected in Installing Windows 7 PC and reinstall it however this time the drive was not found was giving me that error message The hardrive I am using No Drive Detected in Installing Windows 7 is a Seagate ST AS TB RPm hard-drive I'm under the impression that the hard drive might be defective -It was odd how the drive was found in the begining but after trying it more times restarting and trying restarting and trying it could not locate it kept giving me that error I checked the setup and switched some wires back and forth and everything but it was a no go I have read that maybe something in the bios might have to be configured however I did that also Will a new hard-drive fix this issue Any feedback is helpful Error Message quot No Drive found for Installation quot -I am getting to the windows install screen a few times it did go through however got stuck in so i tried again and no drive is being located to do the install at all now Hard Drive defective FYI These parts are all brand new I just bought the barebone kit and put it together But this error is driving me nuts

A:No Drive Detected in Installing Windows 7

Hello Lnknprkfrk28, welcome to Seven Forums!

Is the PC BIOS detecting the Hard Disk Drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/178639-no-drive-detected-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a USB flash drive that I had been using with XP. Today, I went to access the files saved on the drive using Windows 7, but The device would not be recognized by my computer. These are the steps I took so far:

Right click computer
open manager
open disk drives
open "generic flash disk usb device"
click driver
click update driver
opt for search automatically
Message displayed "The best driver software for your device is already installed."

But the device is still not recognized, When I go into disk management it indicates that "disk1 removable (E) no media."
But when I go into devices and printers there is a mass storage device icon.

I have the another USB drive (same brand and age as the problematic one) that I've only used with Windows 7 and it works fine.

A:USB flash drive not being detected with windows 7

Welcome srand

Does it still work on the XP computer ? I have seen several flash drives get corrupted from one computer to another. Not sure what has been the actual cause of this problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/310478-usb-flash-drive-not-being-detected-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

i just performed a fresh install of windows xp on an asus a6r and everything works fine except for the fact that the cd drive is not detected by windows. i've tried the regedit fix which involves deleting the upper and lower filters in the registry key but those keys do not exist. the cd drive does not show up in device manager, however, the driver for sm bus controller is not installed.
is this due to a chipset driver problem or what? any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Asus A6R cd drive not detected by windows

How old is the Asus A6R?
Optical drives burn out, or become out of alignment, rather quickly... It your drive is over a year old, or if you have used it to burn a lot of data or music, it is time to replace it... About $22 online.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a6r-cd-drive-not-detected-by-windows.129634/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey there,

I recently bought two new sata3 drives and set them up in a raid stripe and installed win7, all work fine.
I added an older sata2 drive, it shows in the bios but Windows 7 cant see the drive.. not in disc management or device manager...

I had a similar problem with my other sata2 drive but that one showed up in device manager as a 'scsi' and after a few reboots suddenly showed up in disc man. but after disconnecting that to try the other drive its now got the same problem.

any ideas??

A:Sata Drive Not Detected By Windows 7

Are you connecting the sata2 drive to sata2 drive port on the mobo?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/140353-sata-drive-not-detected-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am a CA Student and I dont know technical aspects of a Computer Please Help Me to solve this Problem Problem Dvd Drive is not detected either in widows or in Linux symptoms I can open and close this drive by using its switch Power Supply is ok Some times DVD drive will be appeard in quot My Computer quot But when i try to open the system will be stuck for a minute and i will stop the operation using quot Task Manager quot And the Drive will be disapperd from quot or DVD is not detected Drive Linux in either Windows in My Computer quot When Dvd drive is displayed on My Computer its properties shall show nothing but an empty storage devise Yesterday i Selected Optimal Defaults in BIOS assuming that may solve this problem and in windows i could find that drive and i could view its properties also to check i put a video cd in to drive that cd drive made a big noice of rottating the disk However i could see the contents of the cd but when i try to open one folder the sistem became stuck and as usually the dvd drive disappeard from my computer But when i loaded optimal defaults in BIOS that didnt solve the problem DVD Drive is not detected either in Windows or in Linux I need to install some softwares and that softwares are in CD Now i am using my pendrive to install that files Please HELP ME nbsp

A:DVD Drive is not detected either in Windows or in Linux

What is the brand and model of the DVD Drive? And what is its age and previous use.
Usually, this is caused by an optical drive that is worn too badly, or is out of alignment... Cheaper to replace than to fix.
Optical drives last a year. If they are heavily used, many will fail after six or seven months.
Some cannot handle the heat and the constant use.
Opening and closing has not much to do with operation and failure...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-is-not-detected-either-in-windows-or-in-linux.137962/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I have a creative infra x cd-rom drive which is around years old One day it disappeared without trace from my computer I have used the dos drivers by using the config sys and autoexec bat files However these have not produced the tangible results I get error messages when I try to install games from cd s When I used the Floppy disk with windows by detected drive not {SOLVED} CD-Rom the relative windows drivers given by the manufacturer the cd-rom drive got listed as a conflicting device in the device manager I worked my way around the conflict and tried reinstalling the necessary drivers Windows gave me this message - quot The drivers for this hardware have been installed Please shut down and turn off your computer and install the card for your hardware quot I have not opened up my computer or touched the wires inside ever since {SOLVED} CD-Rom drive not detected by windows bought it therefore I do not think {SOLVED} CD-Rom drive not detected by windows that my drive is incorrectly connected it gave me years of proper service Yet windows does not seem to detect it Why is this nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

hi OK so I bought a new sata hdd I installed windows on it no problems In trying to make some hardware work with win I caused a crash and then windows was just real slow I thought no problem I ll just repeat what i did again and start over I ran the windows boot disc and in the disk manager part i formatted the partitions to make Bios hdd installer cant see but can one unpartitioned space as before only this time AFTER id merged the partitions into one unalloated it said windows cannot Bios cant see hdd but installer can make a partition on this disk I went back to my bios and now I cant see my hdd in there I didnt change any settings and nothing is set to raid I ran g-parted and dban autonuke to try and format the drive completley outside of windows but those programs cant see it Seems only windows can XP install cant see it either any ideas SOLVED After trying my hdd in every sata slot I almost gave up then for some reason I decided to remove the cables o the dvdrom drive and start up thats it I could see the hard drive in the bios I then turned off reconnected the disk drive and everything was cool I dont know what the problem was or why what i did Bios cant see hdd but installer can solved it Mr mod ca either delete this now or if someone cares to explain what they think happened maybe it could help someone else googling a similiar thing

A:Bios cant see hdd but installer can

Thanks for posting your resolution...we don't normally delete/close topics since they may be helpful to someone else with similar/same issues.

Happy computing .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/376495/bios-cant-see-hdd-but-installer-can/
Relevancy 48.59%

I just bought and installed a new seagate barracuda sata ll harddrive for my windows 7 computer as my main drive. I installed the drive and installed windows. Now every time I start the computer up in the bios msg it says hard drive not detected but it still starts up and everything works fine. Windows boots up and everything. But I also noticed that in the action bar it gives me the ability to eject my main c: drive like a USB device.. What is up with that? How can I fix this? I took it to a shop and I paid them to get the same results. Hoping you guys might be able to help me out.

A:New 1tb hard drive not detected and is ejectable in windows?

As far as the drive not found,you probably have the raid
controller enabled in the bios and no drives connected
to that controller.
Your drive is probably connected to the standard sata controller.
It's not really a problem.
The raid bios is just reporting it.

Sata drives are hot swappable,so can show up as removable devices.
That's not really anything to worry about either.
If you manage to remove it by clicking the wrong thing is
safely remove hardware,like I did once,just restart the computer and it will redect.
Being as it is the main drive,windows may not let you disconnect any way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-1tb-hard-drive-not-detected-and-is-ejectable-in-windows.953017/
Relevancy 48.59%

Windows 7

3 SATA Drives:
Seagate 320gb ( C: )
Western Digital 640GB ( X: )
Western Digital 640GB ( Y: )

C: and Y: are being detected and working fine in windows.
I've had all three in the computer and working for a good 6 months now.
X: is where the problem is at, I have about 400GB of media on there, so obviously I don't want to have to format it without being able to get those files.

BIOS DETECTS it.
Device Manager DETECTS it.
Disk Management does NOT detect.
Windows Explorer does NOT detect.
I then ran uBuntu off a CD and that COULD detect it.

I've used google time and time again, failing to find any information or advice on this problem.

Please help me guys, I know this is your specialty. =]

Relevancy 48.59%

http www techsupportforum com f lp- html I started a topic there but with detected Hard but windows, will linux with not drive i dont think the problem is with the mbr anymore mobo A n SLI premium Hard drive not detected with windows, but will with linux HDD Hard drive not detected with windows, but will with linux WD raptor G GPU gts CPU AMD All i want is windows xp home on my HDD I miss my computer so bad what i've tried formatted HDD in another pc Dban'ed it attemped to slip stream a disk times downloaded a untouched xp pro sp popped in Gparted and didn't know what to do lemme know what you think I know i had a virus because my backround was a quot you have a virus quot screen I scanned the hell out of my pc and deleted it after deleting it for like the th time because it kept coming back after i restarted I think i used spydoctor which found a bunch of stuff and some reg files deleted the virus As the virus was being deleted i was playing Hard drive not detected with windows, but will with linux poker on fulltiltpoker net My background went black and so did the windows that were open I quickly shut my pc off and turned it back on It loaded to black screen with just a cursor I popped in my windows disk to format the hdd and it said HDD not detected So i tried to install linux It installed fine but wouldn't load so i ran dban on After that i for some reason i had to hit ctrl-s and set the drive as JBOD was able to install and use linux but i don't know much about linux so i want to install windows xp Even though i used dban on the HDD window still couldn't detect it So i slip streamed a windows disk but messed up with the oem files so i had to redo it twice Which none of the cds worked Some kid told me that my mbr might be messed up and told me to dl gparted This is where im at the moment

A:Hard drive not detected with windows, but will with linux

formatted your HD from DOS Diskette or windows 98se diskette or cd.... may be the problem is NTFS partition ..... delete non DOS partition ..... try... boot from cd or diskette. www.computerstechnicalsupport.com

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hard-drive-not-detected-with-windows-but-will-with-linux-328112.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Today I bought in not windows, at detected drive Thumb but boot. a new USB thumb drive to make a recovery media Windows detects it no problems I used Toshiba Recovery Media Creator It completed successfully Then I rebooted only to see if the media is actually bootable in case something happens Then it hangs I don't even see the bios splash screen Just a black screen with a cursor The system reboots when I remove it or when I wait about minutes The HDD is first in the boot order I usualy select the boot device with F when I try to boot something different than the HDD I am able to boot from another thumb drive usb gb My new Thumb drive detected in windows, but not at boot. recovery media is bootable on another laptop years old I tried to make an image of GParted for i in case the most recent version of the iso were made for UEFI Still nothing But the old thumb drive boots I don't anything in the BIOS for Legacy or UEFI or Secure Boot So what's happenning Does the BIOS Thumb drive detected in windows, but not at boot. need an upgrade The thumb drive is a Kingston Datatraveller g usb gb The laptop is years old Toshiba satellite T

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/391981-thumb-drive-detected-windows-but-not-boot.html
Relevancy 48.59%

keep getting this message pop up every few minutes 'Windows detected a hard drive problem'.
I ran a disc check and it found no problems with the disc. Should I take this message as gospel and invest in a new drive...there is a lot of data on this drive that I dont want to lose.
Message attached and disc check results attached

A:windows detected a hard drive problem

Quote: Originally Posted by whatfor

keep getting this message pop up every few minutes 'Windows detected a hard drive problem'.
I ran a disc check and it found no problems with the disc. Should I take this message as gospel and invest in a new drive...there is a lot of data on this drive that I dont want to lose.
Message attached and disc check results attached

Hi whatfor,

I apologize for all the inconvenience this issue has caused and promise you that I will do my best to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Kindly run the diagnostics on harddrive of the system following the link below:

http://dell.to/16amSi5

This would confirm if the harddrive has failed or not. Please keep us posted with the results.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/297640-windows-detected-hard-drive-problem.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Long story short I had to replace the hard drive in my laptop and now when Laptop by detected Hard not Drive Windows I try to reinstall Windows it doesn t seem to detect the hard drive I ve included a fairly detailed description of my problems below including major specs Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated I have recently been having issues with my HP Pavillion dv Notebook where it would freeze approximately Laptop Hard Drive not detected by Windows every minutes It was found that the hard rive was corrupt and needed to be replaces I replaced the OEM GB RPM Hard Drive with a fully compatible GB RPM Hard Drive both manufactured by Seagate and both quot SATA As my laptop would freeze I was unable to create a recovery disc no original discs came with the notebook and as such ordered Windows Vista recovery discs directly from HP I successfully installed the new hard drive and ran diagnostics first via HP diagnostics by doing a hard drive self test pressing f at startup and then by doing a check with Seagate s Seatools software Both confirmed that the drive is installed and functioning properly I installed the recovery discs Disc one fully installs and instructs disc two to be inserted Disc two is inserted and installs Once I click finish a new screen appears telling me that software is being installed Upon completion of that software installs I receive a message stating quot Please wait while Windows prepares to open for the first time quot Then the screen goes black and nothing happens I have tried to this reinstall approximately times thus far Sometimes I receive a blank black screen sometimes I receive a screen stating quot Operating System Not Found quot or quot No Hard Disk Detected quot The only option I have is to turn off the laptop via the power button When I turn it back on I receive a quot Windows did not shut down properly would you like to open in safe mode normally etc quot screen When I choose to start Windows I receive an error that says along the lines of quot Window was not installed please insert disc to reinstall quot and when I do the process repeats I have also tried to install Windows XP though I am aware is are SATA driver issues and I am unaware how to deal with this and I receive the same message I am told that Windows could not detect a hard drive Something that may be of interest though when I attempt to install XP I am almost immediately told there is no hard drive while when I attempt to install Vista it seems to go through the entire install process lasting up to maybe an hour before it fails Both HP and Seagate cannot seem to find a solution for this problem As I see it the hard drive is installed but when installing windows it will not detect the hard drive Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance Specs HP Pavillion dv Entertainment Notebook s n CNF WTH Operating System Windows Vista bit I also can install XP Old Hard Drive Seagate quot SATA GB RPM New Hard Drive Seagate quot SATA GB RPM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Laptop Hard Drive not detected by Windows

Observations:
Your new drive is SATA 3.0. Is it compatible with your laptop?
XP usually needs a driver to detect SATA drives (Press F6 to load 3d party drivers)
"Corrupt" Hard drives are often repairable with chkdsk, or even a format.
Maybe a BIOS update?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-hard-drive-not-detected-by-windows.836205/
Relevancy 48.59%

HI, i purshased 4 HDD HITACHI sata 320g c5k500 for laptop.
the problem is when i hook it up to the usb windows detect it and shows that its ready to work. but it does not appear in the explorer neither in hard drive manager .and thats for all of them .
please can any body help me to resolve this problem thank you.

A:Hard drive detected by Windows, does not appear in explorer

In which computer is it installed, and what is your operating system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-detected-by-windows-does-not-appear-in-explorer.150153/
Relevancy 48.59%

I help folks fix their computers nbsp I was working on a Toshiba Satellite laptop that was recently upgraded to Windows -bit nbsp The CD DVD disappeared nbsp The BIOS recognized it fine as I was able to After Upgrade SOLUTIO... Drive 10 CD/DVD Not Windows Detected - boot CD/DVD Drive Not Detected After Windows 10 Upgrade - SOLUTIO... a DVD nbsp with backup software to backup the hard drive nbsp Wrestled with fixing problem last night until a m using many of the suggestions noted on this site nbsp Today I went to a friend's house to help them unstick their Windows Start Button nbsp It occurred to me to try the fix on the laptop for the CD DVD problem nbsp It worked nbsp Here are the steps nbsp START nbsp Launch Task manager nbsp Press the Ctrl Alt Del keys on the keyboard at the same time or right click the Taskbar and select Task manager nbsp Run a new Windows task nbsp When the Task manager window opens click the More details option to expand it then select Run new task from the File menu nbsp Run Windows PowerShell nbsp When the Run new task dialog box opens type powershell tick the box for Create this task with administrative privileges and click OK nbsp Run the System File Checker nbsp Type sfc scannow into the window and press the Return key The scan may take some time nbsp Reboot when it completes nbsp If necessary goto the Device Manager and uninstall the CD DVD device and then scan to reinstall it nbsp After I did this the CD DVD on the Toshiba was back nbsp END nbsp I got this fix at the following link nbsp http home bt com tech-gadgets computing has-your-windows- -start-menu-stopped-working-here-are-fo nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/CD-DVD-Drive-Not-Detected-After-Windows-10-Upgrade-SOLUTION/td-p/5594317
Relevancy 48.59%

I need to install drivers for a Samsung ssd. This is a new windows 7 install. When I go to browse for the drivers on my usb stick, it sees nothing. I haven't had this problem in years. I am not looking for an alternative to using the usb drive. Why the heck
isn't the setup seeing the usb drive/drives. I have tried many. This is a z170 chipset. Installing from a dvd drive. Can anyone please help me figure out what the deal is? I cant help but feel silly and that its a simple overlook of something on my part.
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/338462fd-f47d-4589-bd2a-4eb54e5fc4cb/usb-drive-not-detected-on-fresh-windows-7-install?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 48.59%

Have malware on my computer windows detected a hard drive problem ,,, I searched and found instructions on how to remove this remove disk repair (uninstall guide) followed the instructions and it seemed to work am able to now access the internet and have gotten my hidden icons back but if i restart my computer it comes back im not sure what my next step should be could use some help please thanks

A:windows detected a hard drive problem

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. [/b]If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436894/windows-detected-a-hard-drive-problem/
Relevancy 48.59%

Okay I just spent the last couple Drive Windows XP detected when not loading Hard of hours trying to handle the problem myself but it looks like I have to reach out and hope that somebody can help Moving right along my roommates laptop decided to stop working all together it would bring her as far as the desktop Hard Drive not detected when loading Windows XP after she logged in but it would not display any of the desktop shortcuts or the start menu bar at the bottom of the screen sorry if I am being too descriptive After several restarts I broke down and began to reinstall the Operating System using the disc that she had with her laptop I don t really know for sure if it will work considering it is a burned copy of Windows XP Pro SP and there is no key for it Moving right along once again I was able to run the XP install up until it reached the startup for XP it then restarted and ran through the installation like it was going to do it again but this time it stopped and said it could not detect the hard drive I had to restart the computer and checked the BIOS and lo and behold it is not detecting a hard drive She does not have any of the driver or recovery discs for her laptop and the discs I have do not work I received a message indicating that the discs were specific to the type of computer When I attempt a repair of Windows XP I receive the same message that the hard drive is not being detected I checked the hard drive to see if it was securely in place which it was with all four screws holding it in the slot Once I checked that I ran through the motions as stated above but ran into the familiar brick wall of no hard drive If anybody can offer me a little bit of advice or instructions or pretty much call me a dumb ass if I am missing something obvious please feel free to drop me a line

A:Hard Drive not detected when loading Windows XP

brand and model of the laptopNewer oem laptops with sata drives often have the sata driver pre-installed. Older versions of xp oem and generic or retail probably don't.Give us the serial number and model (hp) or service tag (Dell) or whatever is on the sticker that looks like (insert brand) support reference numbers and we can figure it out.Are the docs, music and email backed up?If the bios doesn't see the drive there is a good chance it is dead. A sata drive can be hooked up to any computer with a sata port open on it. An Ide drive needs an adapter to mount it as a slave for testing on another system.http://www.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2006...sktop-computer/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303313/hard-drive-not-detected-when-loading-windows-xp/
Relevancy 48.59%

Today I bought a new USB thumb drive to make a recovery media Windows detects it no problems I used Toshiba Recovery Media Creator It completed Thumb boot. drive in at detected windows, but not successfully Then I rebooted Thumb drive detected in windows, but not at boot. only to see if the media is actually bootable in case something happens Then it hangs I don't even see the bios splash screen Just a black screen with a cursor The system reboots when I remove it or when I wait about minutes The HDD is first in the boot order I usualy select the boot device with F when I try to boot something different than the HDD I am able to boot from Thumb drive detected in windows, but not at boot. another thumb drive usb gb My new recovery media is bootable on another Thumb drive detected in windows, but not at boot. laptop years old I tried to make an image of GParted for i in case the most recent version of the iso were made for UEFI Still nothing But the old thumb drive boots I don't anything in the BIOS for Legacy or UEFI or Secure Boot So what's happenning Does the BIOS need an upgrade The thumb drive is a Kingston Datatraveller g usb gb The laptop is years old Toshiba satellite T

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/391981-thumb-drive-detected-windows-but-not-boot.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have an ASUS P5LD2 Motherboard, and in the BIOS, the only time I see my hard drive (Which is IDE) is in the boot priority. When I try to install windows, it says I have no hard drive and can not install. What seems to be the problem here?

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Gigabyte H61m-s2pv Mother board fitted with a 8 gigabyte RAM and a 500 Gigabyte Seagate HDD. My problem is if i try to install any Operating System, it will come up the screen where I must select the hard drive to install, but does not show any hard drive and if it does does not allow me to format or partition the drive. At first i thought it was the hard drive then i changed the hard drives and the problem is still the same.I am currently using live usb for my computing (Linux Mint) and desperately need to install an OS on the Machine.

A:Installing Windows (No Hard Drive detected)

Having tried two different drives I guess it's unlikely both are bad. So it's probably a bios setting or bad connection. Is the drive seen in bios setup? Maybe the controller it's attached to is disabled. Check the motherboard manual if you're not sure how to set it up.You said that 'any' operating system will not install. Which ones have you tried? The drive is probably SATA which XP won't recognize unless it's configured in IDE mode (or whatever it's called for your motherboard) or external drivers are installed.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/installing-windows-no-hard-drive-detected/1573.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Well now what do I do Was restarting my laptop when it froze up so I had to push the power button to turn it off and then turn it back on Just as I did though it hung at the logo screen and then it said quot Internal hard disk drive not found To resolve this issue try to reseat the drive No bootable devices--strike the F key to retry boot F to enter Setup menu F to enter PSA quot So then I get into the pre-boot diagnostic screen Guess what it shows me there No seriously WAT If anything I made sure to take extra care not to bump the laptop too much I tried plugging it into my PC tower running Windows and I tried using a hard hard drive detected. ... 8 freezes, Windows then No disk enclosure and Windows 8 freezes, then ... No hard drive detected. they don't work This hard drive Newegg com - WD Blue WD LPVX GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Notebook Hard Drive Bare Drive I was hoping to RMA it but seeing as how it's well over months since I ordered it they can't take it back Might as well go straight to the manufacturer and complain

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/38878-windows-8-freezes-then-no-hard-drive-detected.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi - running patch current Windows and am having an ongoing but not always constant issue regarding how much memory I have available to me on any given boot of Windows I have GB of memory installed on the computer and yet almost GB of that is not available to me and is shown as Hardware Reserved when I look at the Physical Memory in the Resource Monitor I have validated the memory is error free through multiple runs of Memtest have removed memory strips and blown out any possible dust from memory slots and SOMETIMES it properly will show me around GB available however most boots it is showing pretty consistently that GB is flaged as Hardware Reserved I did some searching and have tried some of the suggestions such as making sure the Maximum Memory box is not checked in MSCONFIG and have also tried editing nbsp ClearPageFileAtShutdown in the Registry to change it from the default value of ' ' to a new value of ' ' nbsp Nothing has worked thus far I DO need access to as much of that GB of memory as possible due to this computer using huge amounts of memory as a Digital Audio Workstation recording music with huge volumes of samples loaded fully memory Reserved Windows half shows as of Approximately but full and detected by memory installed BIOS Hardware into memory nbsp Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows Performance suffers greatly when half of what is installed is not available I have also looked in the BIOS for any ways to adjust video memory and memory mapping and neither exists in the BIOS at all for me to try anything with nbsp The CPU happens to be an AMD A with multiple cores and video is embedded in the CPU with no way Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows for me to control its memory usage Thanks in advance for any additional suggestions Bob Bone

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4997e518-4bfd-4266-bf39-ac7f79620d5e/approximately-half-of-installed-memory-shows-as-hardware-reserved-but-full-memory-detected-by-bios?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 48.16%

I find that my external hard drive (Western Digital Desktop drive) is inaccessible. When I try to access it through Windows Explorer, It does not show the device at all. The HDD is detected by the device manager in disk drives.

The HDD is not detected in other 2 computers too. tried in a mac and windows laptops.

I ran CHKDSK. At the beginning, it gave me the following message: "Warning! F parameter not specified. Running CHKDSK in read-only mode." It claimed to fix some things at the end of step 2, but it didn't help.

Device Manager thinks that the device is running properly.

I rebooted the machine but that didn't help either.

I ran chkdsk/f as suggested for one of the similar problems in another thread, but for that lucky guy, the drive was visible in windows exploreer.

Any ideas?

Pls pls help me a it has all my important data in it.

A:External Hard Drive not detected by Windows explorer

Have you run fdisk to partition it and then formatted the partition(s)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hard-drive-not-detected-by-windows-explorer.1098524/
Relevancy 48.16%

I just bought a new Maxtor Diamondmax 9 250gb hard drive and It is detected in my DFI NF4 SLI INFINITY mobo as 251, but when installing windows it says I only have 127? Help would be appreciated as I'm new here. Hey. x.x

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi there,

I have a Western Digital external hard drive that is not detected by Windows anymore. When I plug it in, the hard drive does not show up on "My Computer" but it does show up on Disk Management :

I have read on the internet that this issue is usually caused by a corrupted sector or the MBR that's corrupted.

I tried TestDiskt but unfortunately when it asks me to choose the hard drive i want to select, my external hard drive doesnt show up on the list.

The only hdd that i see on TestDisk is my internal hard drive.

Every software that i tried to recover data with can't detect my external hard drive, that is why I now ask for your help.

Is there anyway I can recover the data or, even better, get my hard drive to work again.

Thanks.

A:My external hard drive is not detected by Windows anymore

You should have a read through this guide thread, see if it helps:

What to do if your external hard drive does not show in my computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-external-hard-drive-is-not-detected-by-windows-anymore.167143/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I'm David,
I'm new in the forum. As the title says, I have some problem  installing the icloud control panel in windows. At the end of the installation, the installer says that it has not the administrator privilegies to write in C:\ProgramData\microsoft\windos\Startmenu\programs\icloud.
I tried to used (in this sequence):
1- Malwarebytes anti malware
2-adwcleaner
3-JRT
4-OTL
In the following i'm posting the log of the programs (Hijackthis file included)
Can you help me in find what it is the problem?

Regards

P.S.
I opened everything as administrator not always the anti malware program even the icloud setup.

A:Icloud installer - windows installer does not have the administrator privilegies

I run Window Repair all in one too putting the MSI (windows installer) repair, but unfortunatly nothing changed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535544/icloud-installer-windows-installer-does-not-have-the-administrator-privilegies/