Windows Support Forum

New Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 not recognized in Setpoint 6.15

Q: New Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 not recognized in Setpoint 6.15

I just recieved the brand new Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G today from Newegg I am running Windows Pro bit and it is working except for the fact that I can not see it in Setpoint to configure buttons and etc I would assume its so new that the latest software doesn't support it seeing how I was unable to register it because it wasn't on the device listing Does anyone have any insight on this Hopefully and update comes soon so I can actually use the currently useless buttons One small unrelated issue that logitech should fix on the site is when you are searching for mice the g will appear if you have it set to show only unifying devices I stumbled across Gaming Logitech Mouse Wireless recognized New 6.15 not G700 in Setpoint this mouse looking for mice that use the unifying reciever It popped up and I didnt check twice Not a huge problem just more dongle plugged in It did have me scratching my head for a few minutes when trying to install it though
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 not recognized in Setpoint 6.15

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 92.88%

I was wondering if anyone had heard of a fix this problem. After installing the software for an Xbox wireless gaming receiver, I attach the device as instructed. When I do, my Logitech G7 mouse freezes up until I reboot. I have seen others with this problem on Logitech's forums, but I have yet to see any fixes. Microsoft's support has been no help so far. I assume the issue is driver related, as others with different system setups also have the problem, but I don't know if it is a Logitech driver, or Microsoft...or whether a fix even exists for this problem. Thanks for the help!

A:Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver locks up Logitech G7 mouse

Iv found that if i boot up with just the Xbox360 Receiver plugged in then when its light is on plug in the logitech mouse then it all works fine...
just remember to unplug the mouse if you reboot...... it sux but it works
Relevancy 78.26%

I am sorry if this is not allow, I was so excited when I saw this that I had to post it here... you can scold me later

The price is $49.95 with a $30.00 Mail in Rebate + FREE shipping. Heck, even if you are to lazy to fill out the paperwork and send it in, you are still paying a good price for it.

I had to pull the pin because my G7 is acting up big time on almost all the games as of late.

LTG9LASER | G9 Laser Mouse |

I gotta ask the biggest and dumbest question of all times... Would I be able to plug in both my Mices and use them separately? I mean, use the G7 for my Wife and the Vista OS and the new G9 for Windows 7 and my games? of course they would both be plug to the same PC.

A:Logitech G9 Gaming Mouse... $20.00 w/MiR

I dont know the answer to your question, but I have a G9 and absolutley LOVE it! You will not be sorry that you bought it.

I paid $65.99 CDN, which was $100 off. Same kind of smoking deal you found!
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with 2 USB ports in the back. I bought a Logitech Cordless Mouse (USB) which worked fine until a few days ago. Under Hardware Devices, Mouse, it shows the HID mouse driver (which is the USB Logitech mouse) and it shows a PS/2 mouse driver (which is strange since I do not have a PS/2 port anywhere on my laptop). I can uninstall the USB driver and it'll go away. But when I uninstall the PS/2 driver, it says "You'll need to restart your computer for this to take effect". So I restart my computer and it'll say it again after rebooting. So I reboot it again and nothing. The driver is still there under Hardware Devices.

Also, when I click on the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon (at the bottom right side of the taskbar) other removable devices show up, but not my mouse.

A:Logitech Cordless Mouse USB Port Not Recognized

A mouse should not show up under removeable devices.

That is for storage devices, to allow you to "stop" them before removeal, to ensure all files are written to them first.
Relevancy 77.4%

http www overclockers com tips I bought this mouse a few months ago when I came upon this guide I was quick to open up my mouse and I noticed that there was Logitech Mx510 gaming mouse no weight in it Is this normal I have the blue later version and maybe one of the changes was Logitech Mx510 gaming mouse taking out the weight although I don t think they would do that Is it possible I got a mouse that was already opened and repackaged Also when I opened it up a tiny little spring came out I figured it was no big deal and when I put it back together I noticed that when I move the scroll wheel it doesn t make any sound and it glides along which is awesome highly reccomended Just saying I don t have any complaints about that Last but not least I m running on basic MS drivers not mouseware I have enhanced mouse precision on on highest speed and sometimes when I try and move the mouse it will studder backwards in the opposite direction that I m moving it Is this reverse acceleration How can it be fixed It can be very annoying when I m gaming or doing anything else nbsp
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey thanks for taking the time to read my post I have a problem that seems very common on high-end mice that although it has a large number of additional buttons I can't directly map half of these to a function I have to map them to a key-press in order to perform action X Y Z in a game application I'm trying to map Ventrilo Push to Talk button to a G-key on my mouse but in order to do this I have to set it up to perform a key-press as though it's a keyboard this is a pain as it means if I alt tab to any of a great number of applications that key press is G700 directly my map Logitech case) G-buttons. can't (in likely to have some adverse effect on the application I'm focused on I'm aware the reasoning for this is because Windows in all it's glory doesn't account for mice that may have more than the standard few buttons I believe Left Right Middle Back Forward meaning you have to map G-buttons to key presses Has anyone found a workaround for isses like this I hear this is the bane of many a gamer I'd set push to talk to a key like page up dn since I never use those but it would affect my browser or another key might affect Logitech G700 (in my case) can't directly map G-buttons. game X and another Logitech G700 (in my case) can't directly map G-buttons. key may affect Game Y Appreciate your help Miles

A:Logitech G700 (in my case) can't directly map G-buttons.

I really can't help you much there as I've never tried doing what you are talking about. I have a G500 and use the in game keyboard controls to map the mouse buttons. Most of the in game controls work just fine. I know I probably should, but I've never tried to use the Logitech software for mouse buttons. I use it to map the keys on the G510 keyboard. What I've found is that once the keys on the keyboard are mapped to something in any game, you can use the in game controls to map them differently in other games. The mouse may work the same way, but I've never tried them for push to talk. It may work the same.
Relevancy 76.54%

Greetings I am presently using a Logitech Logitech Optical Gaming Mouse MX518 Trackball mouse It has a cable and is connected to one of my computer's USB ports I started using it when my cordless Trackball suddenly quot died quot It just froze in the middle of my monitor and every attempt to revive it failed Googling for a solution only led me to see that I wasn't the only one experiencing this tragedy The Logitech forum is literally full of complains concerning the Trackball So after looking at many online reviews on mouses I have decided to purchase the Logitech Optical Gaming Mouse MX Even though I am only an occasional gamer the reviews on this mouse are so good that I have decided to buy it I bought it online at a good price and it will be delivered tomorrow Here is what pc users have to said about the MX on newegg com Newegg com - Logitech MX Buttons x Wheel USB Wired Optical dpi Gaming Mouse I am curious as to what type of mouse some of you are using It's funny how very little is written in pc forums concerning a mouse It's a small piece of hardware but it plays a huge role in the daily operation of your computer but especially I think in gaming For example last week when my cordless Logitech Optical Gaming Mouse MX518 Trackball died I couldn't immediately find this one and until I found it I couldn't use my computer

A:Logitech Optical Gaming Mouse MX518

I have a Genius Traveler 515, Sucks big time... i'm really picky with mice!

Used to have a Laser BenQ that lasted me 2yrs. awesome feeling, awesome precision. this P.o.S. is not precise at all.. i'm looking for a Razer or a Logitech but the prices here are way too high

Even though i don't game too much.. i do like a precise mouse, preferrably a laser one i realized not so long ago that the mouse pad helps you a lot, too. but then, again, the prices here are too high
Relevancy 76.54%

I've not found much information while conducting a search here on LogiTech Drivers. From what I understand LogiTech isn't creating drivers for Windows 7 Beta, should I just use the Vista versions despite getting a Compatiability Message?

A:LogiTech, G5 Gaming Mouse & Wave Keyboard

Yes. Vista drivers work on Windows 7. There should be no fear at all.
Also, if you want to help the drivers, install it in compatibility mode :
Right click on the install file, then properties.
Then, click on "Compatibility" tab then check "Run in compatibility" mode and select Windows Vista SP1
Click OK.
Relevancy 76.54%

Hey guys,

I got this mouse for Chrsitmas and love it. However about 2 weeks ago it started acting up. Basically it freezes for like 10-15 sec every couple minutes. I plugged another mouse in my USB port just to make sure it wasn't bad and it worked fine. I cleaned the batteries just to make sure there wasn't any connection problems. I have updated drivers, no spyware or viruses.
No idea what is wrong, aside from a hardware problem.

A:Problem with Logitech G7 Cordless Gaming Mouse

Have you tried another set of batteries?
Relevancy 76.54%

Win XP pro x64. My logitech mouse does not work in safe mode. It seems safe mode only accept the standard mouse. Is there a way to make my mouse works in safe mode without having to switch to the standard mouse?
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello all, just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue I am and maybe found a solution to it.
I installed Logitech setpoint 6.30 and my mouse and keyboard tabs are missing, so I can't assign any values to my keyboard or mouse hotkeys. I only have the Information resources and SetPoint options. I tried looking up a similar problem in the logitech forums and it says to uninstall, reboot, delete "C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\wdf01000.sys" and re-install. I would try this, except "C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\wdf01000.sys" does not seem to exist in windows 8. I have tried installing previous versions of SetPoint but to no avail. Any ideas?

A:Logitech Setpoint

Initially, I installed the Setpoint drivers and had the same problem. Also the pictures for the device were not downloaded. I had the pictures for the device saved and put them in the folders, but still had problems with the Setpoint interface. I looked on Logitech and found another way to install them after the initial failure (which did work). But I still experienced problem with the Setpoint interface.

The best way I found to install these was to turn off UAC. I turned off UAC, but someone on the forum mentioned that UAC was not totally turned off and you had to modify "EnableLUA" in the registry to completely turn off UAC. So I changed Enable LUA to 0 (I rebooted after making these changes):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; on=1, off=0
After I did these modifications, Setpoint had no problem installing the driver and interface. I haven't turned UAC back on yet.
Relevancy 75.68%

hi there,

I have a logitech keyboard and mouse set mx3100 and I'm having a weird problem: when I install setpoint (latest version of the logitech driver) on my win xp sp2 computer for my desktop mx3100, my computer hangs when I try to play a game. That is, I can boot it up but then randomly it hangs (sound hangs, no screen response, ...). I installed it with antivirus disabled and stuff. When I remove the setpoint and reboot, the games work fine.

I even tried everything on this BIG url:

(for the url: you can also go to and search for "setpoint games")

Anybody has an idea?

thank you for your help,

kind regards,

Relevancy 75.68%

Hey guys,

I got a Logitech EX 310 for Christmas.

I installed everything find when i get the set, but until a few days ago, my music controls started to play up. I reinstalled set point and no luck. I uninstalled set point and it works perfectly.... although some of the mouse features don't work.

Set point that came on the disc, only really works with windows vista, but worked on my system (7, obviously) for a while, and has now stopped working.

Has anyone come across this issue, or is able to help me???

Also, i just thought, would running Set Point in compatibility mode work and fix my issue???

A:Logitech EX 310, Windows 7 & Setpoint

The current version of Setpoint is 4.80, it works well with Win7. I am using it without any problems with diNovo Media Laser keyboard & mouse combo.

Go to Logitech's support page and download the latest Setpoint.

Relevancy 75.68%

Did a clean Windows 10 install yesterday, and installed the latest Logitech setpoint. After the installation it stated that I can edit settings for my mouse or keyboard by clicking the setpoint tile in the start menu. Well it is not there, and I cannot even find where it was installed. No Logitech folders under program files. The program does show in Programs and Features though. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:Logitech Setpoint nowhere to be found.

Is the icon showing in the system try?
Can you get to it from Control Panel/Mouse?
Relevancy 75.68%

Is Logitech Setpoint necessary with Windows 8? I have a Logitech MX 518 gaming mouse. I would install it but it doesn't have a download link for Windows 8 which is worrying.

A:Question about Logitech Setpoint with Win 8

Hello Arv3n. Welcome to EightForums.

My Logitech Performance MX also uses Setpoint. Even though there is no Windows 8 download, the Windows 7 Setpoint works fine. Been using it for a year in 8. There is a huge difference in before and after performance for the wheel. The wheel is very accurate after installing the Windows 7 Setpoint and before the install the wheel has clunky movements. Rolling the wheel a fraction of a millimeter has an effect and without setpoint (V7) rolling the wheel sometimes does not have a smooth scrolling effect. You should be able to program your buttons as well.

Some mice have a smooth rolling wheel and many others have wheel movements that are segmented by a configurable number of page lines. bumpy... ( The Logitech Setpoint for 7 should work OK, it's compatible - does not require compatibility mode )
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi there,

I can't get Setpoint to install and without installing it my mouse some times laggs on a click. It's strange, sometimes it will work fine then all of the sudden, when I click something it 'sticks' for about 1-2 secs.

Any ideas? Thx

A:Logitech Setpoint not working W7 X64

Sorry i can't help, but it is a strange one as it installs fine on mine.. 7 7000 X64
Relevancy 75.68%

I just received a notice for an update of Logitech other information was visible. Is this an appropriate thing to do?
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi all,

I just got the Logitech MX1000 mouse. When I install the Setpoint Software (newest version off the web and packaged version), XP doesn't boot up properly. That is, XP gets to the boot up screen, but never reaches the welcome/login screen; instead, the monitor turns off as if it is in sleep or standby mode (The green light starts blinking same as when i set the screen to turn off after 5min of inactivity).

Anyone know of a way to fix this? The mouse is pretty crap without the software, and i've read that when installed, greatly improves the performance, so i would really like for it to work.

Relevancy 75.68%

I get most of the way through the installation, and then the window just kills itself. The only info I could find is that the Log says

File created on 1-18-2009 at 02:17:48

Product : SetPoint version 4.70

02:17:48 = Before khal launched
02:17:48 = Installing khal...
02:17:48 = Install KhalInstaller32.msi
02:17:49 = Return value of LMkRstPt when abort 0

A:Another Logitech Setpoint problem.

Same problem here. From what I've seen its only people with 64-bit who manages to install setpoint.
Relevancy 75.68%

I upgraded recently from Setpoint 2.44 to 2.60 and immediately started having boot problems (system would hang on the black Windows screen with the little moving blue bar - forcing a reset). I uninstalled setpoint and all the associated crapware with it and did complete reinstall several times, including in clean boot mode. Everything installs but at the very end I get an error "Setpoint.exe failed to initialize properly 0xc0000034" and it will not run.

Anbody know how to fix this? I have the Logitech cordless keyboard/mouse combo MX5000.

Additional info: Windows XP SP2; Intel P4 3.2; 1gigRAM; running Norton System Works 2006 with Ghost 2003 installed.

These problems also did not occur prior to my Norton upgrade. Still having intermittant start up locks even without Setpoint.exe installed.
Relevancy 75.68%

I can't install Logitech's Setpoint 4.8 software on my Win 7 x64 system. Tried installing in compatibility mode (Vista SP2) and running as Administrator, but no luck. Each time, I get an error that says the VC8 library was not installed correctly. Have searched and posted messages on Logitech's support forum - no help there as yet. Any ideas/solutions?

A:Logitech Setpoint 4.8 x64 - VC8 Library

Hello Jrizzo, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Did you download the 64-bit Windows 7 version?

Cordless Desktop? MX? 5500 Revolution
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a Cordless Logitech Mouse and I need SetPoint 4.70 installed in order to be able to set my buttons. The problem is that I am unable to get it installed, I tried the compatibility wizard and set it on Windows Vista, Xp SP2 and still no luck. I get the following error message:

A:Logitech SetPoint installation

Setpoint4.70 is for XP/Vista.
I cannot find a Logitech driver for Win7.
Mine is MS and they do one, but that doesn't help you.
Although the default Windows (7) driver should work for basic mousing/keying.
Relevancy 75.25%

Hey all I just Logitech wireless mouse left - button crazy mouse installed Windows earlier today The install went fine until right near the end I had to click 'next' to a question which I had already done a few times but this time the tab was not responding I tried again and again then finally just hovered over the tab and pressed enter on my keyboard which did the trick Now that the OS is up and running everything is working fine but I just have one problem My left mouse button is doubling up as a 'back' button So if I am in a folder and want to double click a new folder or even if I just left click on empty space it will take me backwards Logitech wireless mouse - crazy left mouse button one folder A nightmare in internet explorer aswell For the time being Ive switched the two buttons around so I have an action button but no right click on the left mouse button now anymore Ive tried installing the original drivers and in compatibility for Vista but nothing seems to fix the problem Anybody have any suggestions Id be real grateful to hear them Cheers Oh and the mouse is a Logitech LX wireless Thanks Mikes

A:Logitech wireless mouse - crazy left mouse button

Have you tried the mouse on a different machine?
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi - Have just performed an upgrade from Vista Home Premium x64 to Windows 7 Home Premium x64. In doing so the previous version of Setpoint became unworkable so I installed the latest version (4.8) on the Logitech website. I had some problems initially but finally managed to get the software working on my own account (administrator).

All other user accounts however receive the message "Setpoint has encountered a problem and cannot continue. Please reinstall setpoint to correct this". Full mouse and keyboard functionality (MX5500) is not available to these users.

Can anyone help?

A:Logitech setpoint/user accounts

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Have you tried running/installing in compatibility mode/run as admin? Info here if needed. Compatibility Mode

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi all I'm desperate here I've been using Logitech Setpoint for years That is software that allows you to install cannot just recently - I Logitech Setpoint customize your Logitech Mouse or Keyboard I've had my share of problems with Setpoint but this is a new one I had a drive failure and I just got Windows Pro bit up and running last month then I got the Anniversary Upgrade I've I cannot install Logitech Setpoint - just recently been able to install all of my programs so far except Setpoint I installed the Logitech Unify software and it paired with my Performance MX mouse But when I try to install Setpoint I get a popup message that says quot The Setpoint Installer has stopped quot I've tried the latest version and the two previous Same thing I've tried running it as Administrator same thing I almost have to asssume it is related to the AU on Windows My laptop is running Setpoint but it's still running the Windows Pro version I've posted on the Logitech forum but don't know if I'll learn anything - as I really think it's a Windows issue Any ideas I love this mouse but I can't program anything without the Logitech Setpoint software Thanks for any help

A:I cannot install Logitech Setpoint - just recently

It could be a security certificate problem.
Microsoft has tightened the security screws to protect users, and the people who communicate with them online, by requiring updated security certification for drivers and other software the runs at boot.

Logitech has really slept this one out.
In Firefox for example, you cannot install the Set Point add-on any more because the certificate hasn't been updated.

You could try turning off secure boot in BIOS and then see if you can install it.
Be warned, turning off secure boot leaves you open for rootkit malware attacks.
So if it only works when secure boot is turned off, and not when you turn it back on(if it lets you install), you have a serious decision to make: security or comfort.
Relevancy 74.82%

Why do I have to manually allow my Setpoint software to work each time I boot up?

Its the same on both 32bit & 64bit Vista. I have it to run as administrator.
Relevancy 74.82%

Latest Logitech SetPoint Released

Date: September 8th 2015
Software Version: 6.67.83

Updated Description:

Logitech -SetPoint Download

Logitech -Software Downloads

A:Latest Logitech SetPoint Software

I have a Logitech M510 mouse and although it works with the default driver, I can't get the double click set up on the scroll wheel.
I downloaded the SetPoint6.67.82_smart software. But trying to install it, I get an error saying the "Installation could not be completed, unable to find required components"
Relevancy 74.82%

Yesterday I turned on my computer and after windows Vista started, I got a pop up saying "AVG tray monitor has stopped working" followed by "logitech setpoint event manager has stopped working". So I got:

"Fault Module Name: StackHash_e51a"

for both programs. I tried adaware and spybot, as well as checked recent software installations. The only program that was installed recently was Google Earth on the day before. I did not download or install it, so it must have been an automatic update or something. I tried to uninstall and reinstall AVG and still no go. So I checked here and installed Hijackthis and Combo-Fix.

So where do I go next? thanks

A:AVG 9 and Logitech setpoint fail to open

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE
Relevancy 74.82%

I bought Logitech Cordless Mini Optical Mouse (Wireless) for my new notebook with Vista Home Premium.

I downloaded the mice software SetPoint 4.70 from Logitech Support.

Now when I install the software on the notebook - after the initial extraction of files, the interface I get is in Chinese Language.

Checked installing the same software on my desktop with XP Pro & it runs in English.

The regional settings of my notebook are set to English (India).

Pls assist.

A:Logitech SetPoint 4.70 - Vista Compatible?

Its Vista compatible, dunno why it would install in Chinese but I do believe you can select the language during the setup.

But do you really need this software? Most people don't bother to install it, the mouse still works without it.
Relevancy 74.82%

Updated Description:

Setpoint 6.50 released.
Relevancy 74.82%

Updated Description:

Maxthon 2 is my browser on Vista 64 bit. I recently upgraded my Nvidia software via a Windows update. I think the update screwed up my Logitech cordless optical trackman (software 4.80). The cursor now acts quite strangely., although not every time...just occasionally. It will skip to the left after being placed on an item. If there is a dropdown with a yes/no choice and I place the cursor on the yes and left click, nothing happens. A slight move of the cursor will now cause it to jump about an inch or so at a 45 degree angle to the left. Bring the cursor back to the yes, left click, and command is executed. Thought this was only happening in M2, but now it has happened elsewhere. This activity is of course very annoying. I'm also noting some similar behavior after deleting Setpoint 4.80 and using a regular mouse via USB port.

I figure that if I go to Setpoint 6 I might solve the problem. But when installing it, I got the warring that "You are running a 32 bit installer in a 64 bit OS, please run correct installer." Have no idea where my 32 bit installer is and would like to know how to download and install a 64 bit installer.
Relevancy 74.82%

Ever since the update for SetPoint came out last week I have been getting this error when I shut down the computer. Just checking in to see if anyone else has had this problem. I have a wireless mouse/keyboard associated with this, the MK520. I have sent an inquiry to Logitech and will update when I get an answer from them. All works just fine other than the error on shut down.

A:Solved: Logitech SetPoint 6.50 Update

I use nothing but Logitech keyboards and Logitech mice, and they work fine without installing and using the Logitech SetPoint software.

Relevancy 74.82%

I was very intrigued that after installing Setpoint 4.80 64-bit on Vista Ultimate 64x, all my gadgets kept rearranging by itself after every bootup. Is there a sure way to fix this or is there a Setpoint alternative to support my VX Revolution. All I need is the additional buttons and Im good to go. Besides, Setpoint is getting very bloated these days....
Relevancy 74.82%

I use to have a Logitech mouse and have since stopped using it and uninstalled the SETPOINT LOGITECH software using both the normal Control Panel Add Remove Programs and also downloaded Revo Uninstaller THE ISSUE Everytime I try and run an exe that uses CANNOT Setpoint Logitech me killing INSTALL ANYTHING - the Microsoft Installer CANNOT INSTALL ANYTHING - Setpoint Logitech killing me instead of whatever it is I am trying to install starting the SETPOINT LOGITECH software installer starts and wants me to reinstall the software Even if the Logitech software is installed I try and run a different exe and the SETPOINT LOGITECH starts I have gone through and deleted anything I can find with quot Logitech quot and quot Setpoint quot Still happens Could there be an issue or corruption virus with the windows installer where is calling the LOGITECH SOFTWARE Any way to fix or get around this as I cannot install anything on my PC I have run Virus and Malware programs and says computer is clean The PC is an old work PC running windows XP and I don t have any discs for it PLEASE HELP Thank you nbsp
Relevancy 74.82%

Date: July 29th 2015
Software Version: 6.67.82

Updated Description:Support added for Windows 10
Bug fixes

When it goes online during installation it must detect an update. Mine shows
the same information.
And thanks for the heads up on the update.
Relevancy 74.82%

I'm using a Logitech Media Keyboard (,en) and I've installed the Logitech SetPoint software.
For a reason I don't know, SetPoint shows no Mouse or Keyboard tabs.
I don't have a Logitech mouse, and on Device Manager, my keyboard is shown as "PS/2 Keyboard".

Is that the reason for SetPoint not showing the Keyboard tab?
Can it be fixed?

Relevancy 74.82%

Whenever I use this specific mouse wired or wireless, a strange issue occurs where I cannot move windows around or click the taskbar until I ctrl+alt+del, I also would be unable too click certain things issues with things such as USB ports not working suddenly started to pop up so I googled the problem and found out that the CMOS battery was corrupted somehow. I know this issue isn't to do with Windows as the problem persisted when I reinstalled Windows and even occurred when using the Windows installation disk.

The problems disappeared as soon as I replaced the mouse with another one, is there any solution to this rather odd issue? Could it be the CMOS battery in the motherboard getting older and needing replacing? The PC is around 2 years old.

A:Weird issue with Logitech G700, corrupting CMOS battery on motherboard

No, a battery cannot be corrupted. It can lose charge or die, and that can cause some weird problems.

Yours does not sound like one of them. It sounds like you have a defective mouse that is shorting out.
You can test the mouse on another computer. If the problem follows the mouse, then you have your answer.

You can test the battery with a battery tester or multimeter. It should read no less trhan 3 volts.
Or just buy a new one (CR2032). They are cheap.
Relevancy 73.96%

I am having an annoying problem with Logitechs setpoint 6.51 software. Upon boot I get a UAC warning for two logitech files. 1_spp_Q4004.exe and 2_spp_10000a0.exe. They are located in what I believe to be a temp folder: D:\Pollux Win7Pro\AppData\Local\TMP\lu. I cannot find any real info on these files and what they are for. I want to run the setpoint software because I want to customize some features with certain software. Can anyone help me find out why these files run and why it brings up a UAC warning?

Relevancy 73.96%

New problem out of the blue - everytime the system (Win XP SP3) boots up and Setpoint tries to initialize, I get application error message with the code: 0xc0150004. Needles to say no additional functions work on my RX300 mouse. Two days ago everything worked fine, I tried to restore the system before that date but with no success. That also means NO Logitech mouse works on my PC.

Any idea? T H A N K S !!!!
Relevancy 73.96%

New problem out of the blue - everytime the Logitech application SetPoint error 0xc0150004 system Win XP SP boots up and Setpoint tries to initialize I get application error message with the code xc Logitech SetPoint application error 0xc0150004 Needles to say no additional functions work on my RX mouse Two days ago everything worked fine I tried to restore the system before that date but with no success Some other applications also report xc DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Uporabnik at on ned Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Running Processes Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www ur com BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b Logitech SetPoint application error 0xc0150004 d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - d progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class ae cd -e - f- - ee - d program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - d program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll EB Adobe PDF ec be- - c -a -beb d a b - d program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRunOnce Shockwave Updater c windows system adobe shockw SWHELP EXE -Update - - quot Mozilla Windows U Windows NT sl rv Gecko Firefox quot - quot http www miniclip com games toboggan-run en index php sw cIerleycPjJZeYTU bOEFPDUO x T sEhk B Eigm kIE E QT--V M N T-e PZ e FE--V s T-e TN oe JM--C T B T-KY quot mRun avast d progra alwils avast ashDisp exe mRun ZoneAlarm Client quot c program files zone labs zonealarm zlclient exe quot mRun Zone Labs Client quot d program files zone labs zonealarm zlclient exe quot dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE dRun DWQueuedReporting quot c progra common micros dw dwtrig exe quot -t dRun Nokia PCSync quot d program files nokia nokia pc suite PcSync exe quot NoDialog StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup logite lnk - d program files logitech setpoint SetPoint exe IE I amp zvoz v Microsoft Excel - d progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - d progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL IE DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - - F - D - - D F - d progra spybot SDHelper dll DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF - hxxp download microsoft com download b b d -aa - c-b f-c c c LegitCheckControl cab DPF DB E-E - A- FA - C B AAEB - hxxps edavki durs si OpenPortal Gui Applets hslDigSigX cab DPF -B - D - B- A D - hxxp gis kaliopa si MGSetup MgAxCtrl cab DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C - hxxp update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC - hxxp update microsoft com microsoftupdate v V Controls en x client muweb site cab DPF A - A - D - EDA- EDB - hxxp www parallelgraphics com bin cortvrml cab DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF FFBE D- C C- - BD- DC B C - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get flashplayer current ultrashim cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab Notify AtiExtEvent - Ati evxx dll Notify LBTWlgn - c program files common files logishrd bluetooth LBTWlgn dll SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c docume uporab applic mozilla firefox profiles lguq t default FF - prefs js b... Read more

A:Logitech SetPoint application error 0xc0150004

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE
Relevancy 73.1%

Just reinstalled W7 for the hell of it and i am trying to install setpoint and i am getting an error right off saying vc_red.msi cannot be found? (could be vs_red.msi)

Is there anywhere to download this or where should it be in my windows directory?

A:Logitech Setpoint wont install?...vc_red.msi missing?

Sounds like something is blocking the installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable, which is included in the Setpoint install package. If you haven't try right clicking on the Setpoint exe and selecting "run as administrator". If that doesn't fix it if you have Winrar (might work with 7Zip as well), you can extract the Setpoint installer and in the extracted folder you will find a folder called Redist that contains the Visual C++ installer (32 and 64 bit if running the 64 bit Setpoint).
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey guys,

I've searched this problem with no luck in finding a solution.

I just upgraded my computer to vista and went to install my logitech setpoint so I can have those awesome keyboard shortcuts for my MX3000, but when I open up my setpoint there is no tab for keyboard.

Only the "My Mouse" tab comes up. The funny thing is my keyboard is functional as I am using it right now to type this!

I tried drivers from both Logitech and two other websites with no change.

Anybody have a clue?

A:Logitech Setpoint doesn't detect working keyboard

whats the model ID of the keyboard
Relevancy 72.24%

System Info Windows XP MSI P A-C intel i GB DDR Western Digital TB encountered SetPoint Event Manager a Has (UNICODE) problem Logitech Hard drive So I have a very annoying problem with Logitech s SetPoint software that I have been trying to resolve on a customers computer for over a day now The customer had a logitech Mouse with an Application Switcher button on top he liked it but the mouse was having issues He bought a new one from us M and inside SetPoint you can choose the top button s function so I switched Logitech SetPoint Event Manager (UNICODE) Has encountered a problem it to Application Switcher and it was suppose to be all good However the application crashes with the message quot Logitech SetPoint Event Manager UNICODE Has encountered Logitech SetPoint Event Manager (UNICODE) Has encountered a problem a problem quot Now the message seems to appear about minutes after the system has been running I see it appear right after the screen save goes away once I move the mouse but can also appear while it is use I have Disabled the AV Firewall BitDefender it didn t seem to show up once it was disabled I re-enabled it and added the program to the ignore list allowed it full permissions added it to exclusion list for On-Access scans and regular scans I have reinstalled the SetPoint program after uninstalling I fully removed any left older files folders and registries There was one suggestion to delete the MacroMail dll file tried that still didn t help I am at a loss for what could resolve the issue I must mention that I no longer have the customers computer but am still actively looking for a solution for now he can start the program back up from the Icon on the Desktop but it can get annoying it should just work Any suggestions are helpful I will reply back as soon as I can nbsp

A:Logitech SetPoint Event Manager (UNICODE) Has encountered a problem

trying to resolve on a customers computerClick to expand...

hmm; most of us are here to assist HOME users and not business.

Suggest you investigate the Event Viewer for better details that can be used for a google search
Relevancy 71.38%

I bought a trio pack from costco that includes a wireless keyboard, mouse, and webcam. The mouse didnt work properly, if I didnt touch it for about 5 seconds it would freeze until I clicked the button, and it would unfreeze. Thinking this was the mouses problem I took back the set and exchanged it for the exact same one. STILL does it, I even tried on my moms computer, she even has a logitech optical wireless mouse and it works fine. Anybody know what could be causing this? Thanks!

Relevancy 71.38%

I just bought a Mouseman Logitech wireless, optical mouse to use on my HP laptop, running XP. The mouses's receiver has a USB connection, and an adapter for a PS/2 plug. The laptop only has a USB connection, so that's what I'm using. Trouble is, I can't get anywhere with the installation.

The receiver's plugged in, software loaded and batteries in the mouse, but there's no communication between the two. The receiver doesn't use batteries too, does it? I can't see any way to open it up safely.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Logitech wireless mouse

Press the Resynch button on top of the reciever. Then take a ballpoint pen or pencil and press the small red button on the underside of the mouse. Voila!
Make sure you batteries aren't dead.
Relevancy 71.38%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8096 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -239 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 940455 MB, Free - 876188 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway, IPISB-VR
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

I have a logitech M510 mouse that the scroll wheel started acting "jerky" and then it just quit completely .
I can still click the wheel and scroll with the up and down arrows on the screen . I've installed new batteries and uninstalled / reinstalled the driver . It seems to me that it is just broken and I need a new mouse but I wanted a second opinion .

Thanks .

A:Logitech Wireless Mouse

I've had 2 Logitech and 2 Microsoft Mobile Mouse 6000 go bad (left click inoperable) within a 6 mo. period.

There is really nothing you can do to fix it - if still under warranty, call for an RMA.
Relevancy 71.38%

I am interested in the 15 inch Acer Chromebook. Can I use the Logitech wireless mouse with this computer?Also is Skype available? Is there a media player so that you can rent movies from and play them on this computer?
Relevancy 71.38%

My Logitech cable mouse was acting up and a bit dodgy, so I thought, go and get another. Bought a Logitech Wireless Mouse and in games its very hit and miss, it works, it stutters etc. It is right by the usb plug in, so its not that. Looks like its back to usb mouse?

A:Logitech Wireless Mouse

Just for the record, what type? Try to reinstal Logitech SetPoint.
Open Unifying software, un-pair the mouse and pair it again.
As a gamer, do not forget to disable pointer acceleration.
Relevancy 70.95%

Several minutes, and sometimes less, after boot-up, the mouse becomes erratic, sometimes coming to a complete halt. Thinking it was either the interference of an outside signal or a build-up of static electricity, I have tried several things, including 1) rebooting, 2) disconnecting the power sources, 3) moving my external hard drive away from the mouse, 4) using different keypads to limit potential static build-up, 5) moving my entire system to a somewhat different location (fortunately, it's all on wheels) -- absolutely none of this works! Disconnecting the main power source and reconnecting it solves the problem sometimes, but only temporarily.

Has anyone had similar experiences? Its an MX™ Revolution

The world’s most advanced mouse.

Highlights: Cordless, Hyper-Fast Scrolling, Laser Sensor, MicroGear™ Scroll Wheel, One-Touch Search

Relevancy 70.95%

my mouse lags terribly when i play WoW and it's really annoying. I don't know what it can be..I've changed my wireless modes to B only, G only, and Mixed...none of them change the problem, and it doesn't seem to occur in other games, just WoW....

the only thing i can think is my wireless is interfering....the mouse sits literally 6 inches away from the receiver so i don't think range is an issue.

but whats weird is things like bit torrent and browsing the web doesn't seem to mess my mouse up, just damn warcraft.

Relevancy 70.95%

I reformatted and reinstalled Windows 7, sp1, and cannot get the Logitech M505 wireless mouse to work. It has the latest driver and new batteries. Unplugged and reinserted the USB connector.

Device Manager and Plug and Play sees it. Rebooting does not help. Mouse light goes on for about 15 seconds then goes off.

I don't know what the life span of these are but could it just be old and worn out?

Any help appreciated,

A:Logitech Wireless Mouse won't stay on

If the mouse has any kind of reset button try it.
Relevancy 70.95%

I just purchased a Logitech mx610 wireless laser mouse earlier today. I hooked it up and to my surprise the middle click/scroll button that you push down on to open up the link (when pointer is covering a link) doesn't work w/ firefox. I have played with the settings but haven't had any luck. Anyone?

A:logitech wireless mouse got me stumped

firefox sometimes dosent support that kind of stuff, email the firefox creators about it, ask them to include that feature in a patch
Relevancy 70.95%

WIN XP, OLD logitech mouse works fine, WIRED mouse works fine, can not get new logitech M325 worked fine yesterday but STOPPED working today...totally FROZEN!.

What else do you want to know?

Relevancy 70.95%

I'm having a problem uninstalling a logitech M310 wireless mouse, been using it for quite a ehile and it finally craped out so i bought a new one but when I go into program files for setpoint and click on the uninstaller nothing happens, can I just delete everything under setpoint ?, i have the revo uninstaller program but the logitech setpoint program does not show there.
Thanks for any help on this.

A:Uninstalling a logitech wireless mouse

Update, silly me, didn't think about removing it in programs and features, it's gone now.
The new wireless mouse I bought is plug n play, no software.
Relevancy 70.95%

So I have the mouse in the thread title, and it has this new problem of randomly freezing up randomly for three to five seconds. It's incredibly annoying. There's a thread on the Logitech forums about it, but Logitech isn't that helpful

You can see it here: Logitech mouse G7 freezes - Mice - Hardware - Logitech Forums

Anywho, someone claims it's a driver issue, so I'm posting it in this section. It happened on my XP laptop, too, so it's not technically a Vista 64 trouble. Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice you guys could offer.

A:Logitech G7 Wireless Mouse problems

I also have the same Logitech G7 mouse, and I HAD the same problem awhile back.
The cause: too many wireless toys lying too close too one another bearing the same 6 2.4GHz?
I have attached screenshots.
Relevancy 70.95%

I just purchased a Logitech M505 Wireless Laser mouse. My computer is an i7 Core machine with Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium. Inserting the USB receiver plug caused the normal driver install process which was successful. However, no mouse action at all. I've tried different USB slots to no avail. My Microsoft laptop wireless mouse works fine, from all the same USB slots. The M505 does work on another computer running in the house (laptop with Windows 7 64-bit Professional).
Don't believe it's the mouse itself. I originally bought the M705 model and took it back when I couldn't get it to work, thinking it was defective (the same conclusion reached by Logitech Tecnical Support). They were out of stock for the M705 so I replaced it with the M505, only to get the same result.

A:Logitech Wireless Mouse Problem

If you haven't already I would install the latest Logitech software/driver for it. If its a Logitech Unifying Receiver installing the unifying software may help you get it connected and working. I have a Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 that uses a Unifying Receiver. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it actually worked while installing Windows 7. Even so I installed the latest unifying software anyway. Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
Relevancy 70.95%

Many manufacturers have developed a touch-first approach to input devices, spurred by the rapidly evolving mobile revolution. Such methods work great on select devices but when it comes time to do some serious work, nothing has yet replaced the trusty...

Read more

A:Logitech's new MX Master Wireless Mouse said to be its best yet

Too bad they don't mention a left handed version.
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi there,
I am using a HP Pavilion dv9000. Windows Vista with SP1 32 bit Home intertainment OS. Two GB ram and 250 GB hard drive. I have a Logitech wireless mouse running on Set point 4.0a2 software. I hope that's all the information required.
Some time ago I made a setting change to my mouse that caused any window that is not fully maximized to minimize if the mouse pointer is moved away from the window. I have found this to be very frustrating. Now I can't remember where I made the change. I have looked everywhere. Can anybody help me with this?
I would be very great full.
Relevancy 70.09%

I am about to buy a Logitech MK550 combo and wanted to make sure it works on my W8 RTM.

A:Are Logitech wireless mouse/keyboards working?

Hello Rollerdog,

The MX 5500 and the Setpoint software works just fine for me in Windows 8.
Relevancy 70.09%

Dear forum, I have experienced a very annoying fault with my Logitech M235 wireless mouse, I prefer to use the mouse left handed and as such reset the buttons for Lh use via the software. In the past this was ok and when the computer was restarted it was as before reset for Lh use. This is also used with a Logitech wireless keyboard model K350 and has in the past worked Ok with the mouse. A problem has occurred since the Win 10 upgrade and I now have to reset the mouse to Lh use every time I restart the computer, I have been into device manager and disabled all the redundant devices (default mouse drivers etc.) and this has not worked. I have also tried to remove all the redundant devices using device manager and this does not work either. Any useful advice on how to overcome this problem would be most appreciated.

Regards Miket.
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi All,

I'm trying to help a friend install a Logitech MX610 on his Acer Travelmate 4060 laptop without any success.
We've tried every USB port on the computer, and tried installing all of the software which came with the CD included in the box. After running the Hardware Wizard, Windows XP Pro says that it can't install the device.
We've spent time on the phone with Logitech tech support, and they say that it's a defective device, and are sending us a new mouse; however, when I plug the unit into my brand new desktop PC, it starts working immediately.

Just wondering if anybody has had any similar experiences, or have any tips.

Thanks a lot in advance.

A:Logitech Wireless Mouse Installation Problem

Does this PC have all the windows updates??

Try disabling the touch pad in Device Manager and then try.
Relevancy 70.09%

I m not sure what model number the mouse and keyboard that I have are but I have a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard in addition to my regular mouse and keyboard which I use to be able to watch movies on my computer from a distance Recently the quot Device Connect quot and quot Device Disconnect quot sounds have been sounding off randomly but frequently on my computer I opened the device manager window and watched as the Logitech mouse Wireless Issues Connection Logitech Mouse popped in and out of the device manager window in sync with the noises I have disconnected the mouse and keyboard I have tried to uninstall the software but all of my attempts have been fruitless If someone has advice as to how to troubleshoot this I would appreciate it I m looking Logitech Wireless Mouse Connection Issues for a solution more than simply turning off the quot Device Connect quot and quot Device Disconnect quot sounds Any and all help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

I m unsure of why this started in all honesty - it was working earlier today and out of nowhere it stopped working I frequently use the right click and I do know that the switches tend to give out after a good while To make sure it wasn t the function itself I switched the left right click functions through the control panel and the function worked fine I ve also tested another mouse temporarily using it to make sure it s not my computer I m just wondering - based off of this is my suspicion of a failing switch probable On another note my keyboard seems to be quot slowing down quot a bit I haven t toyed with the settings to speed up or slow down anything but when I hold down a key it takes longer to repeat it than it was earlier before the right click gave out They are both wireless Logitech hardware items - could the problem lie in the receiver This is really bothering me Logitech Mouse (+keyboard) Right - Wireless Click? - help s appreciated I don t find it TOO important in this case but I m running on XP p nbsp
Relevancy 70.09%

When I attempt to highlight a selection in certain programs(for instance in my desk top apearance and in my e-mail selections) the text disappears and becomes blank. I have had the mouse for years and it was working earlier today. Now the problems continue although I have re-set the settings and re-booted many times.

A:Problems with my logitech wireless mouse cursor

Maybe the battery is running flat?
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi, is Logitech's wireless mice still vulnerable to the MouseJack issue, or have they been patched yet?

A:Logitech's wireless mouse still vulnerable to MouseJack?

Hello there,
Have you tried installing the latest Windows updates recently? Microsoft has issued a fix for Mousejacker via Windows update.

Follow the steps below to install Windows updates
1. Open Windows Update by clicking the "Start" button.
2. In the search box, type Update, and then in the list of results, click "Windows Update" 
3. Select install latest updates 
Hope this helps!
Relevancy 69.23%

In the process of renovating a VERY old Dell Inspiron 2650 to give to disadvantaged kids, I tried using the USB receiver in that laptop. Didn't work, so I used a wired mouse instead. The receiver had been plugged into my Win 7 Toshiba laptop, but when I re-inserted the receiver back into that laptop, the mouse doesn't work. I've tried removing both the receiver and the battery in the mouse, per some advice I read on the Web, but that did nothing. Have also tried downloading the driver. Regardless, when I plug the receiver into a USB port on the laptop, it "beeps" indicating that it recognizes the receiver. . . but it still doesn't work.

If I plug the receiver into my Win 7 desktop, the mouse works.

What's wrong here?

A:Logitech wireless mouse M305 no longer works

Have also tried downloading the driver.Click to expand...

Which driver, specifically? Have you tried downloading and installing the updated SetPoint?
Relevancy 69.23%

I just received an MX keyboard MX mouse combination and installed it on my Vista machine I had previously used a no-name wireless combo that ultimately wore out I installed the latest Logitech drivers made sure batteries were fresh that it was properly connected However the mouse is not behaving properly It acts like a regular roller ball mouse does when the ball is jammed or on the wrong surface--the cursor doesn t track the mouse motions MX600 laser problem mouse wireless Logitech I have to repeatedly swipe the mouse on the pad to Logitech MX600 wireless laser mouse problem just get it to move a little In fact I had to turn my pad over i have a stiff pad designed for laser optical mice to get even lousy responsiveness I ve tried the mouse on soft pads on the table on a piece of white paper to no avail I made sure the BIOS enabled USB mice I quot ve checked control panel settings the logitech utility but nothing there improves the situation Any advice I used my wired mouse to create this note nbsp
Relevancy 69.23%

I have one of these and every so often it the mouse pointer sticks for several seconds which is annoying when gaming etc. I've only had it a few months of which its been for the last 2 to 3.

I haven't got the software installed as I see no reason why it would prevent it sticking + sucks up system resources.

It does it both on my desk which is a plastic surface with a bubbly effect and a mouse mat, both clean.

Is there anything else which could be causing this or is it just due to wireless-ness?

Relevancy 68.37%

Its a Logitech wireless optical mouse I ve pushed the reset button on the bottom tried restarting my computer and tried mouse...left working Logitech button wireless stops using the troubleshooting feature that came with the mouse itself Starting today the left button stopped working The right button works fine The batteries are new The scroll wheel works fine The pointer works fine I tried it again and suddenly it Logitech wireless mouse...left button stops working was working then the next time I went to click on something it stopped again I just got it for christmas what could be wrong The only thing I can possibly think of is that my month old had it in his hand last week banging on the keyboard with it Maybe he broke it a little bit and thats why its giving me trouble now Unless anyone knows what I can do to try and get it working then I think i ll have to buy a new one So help me if you can If not no worries I still have the mouse that came with my computer and I can get along with that until i get a new one nbsp

A:Logitech wireless mouse...left button stops working

I suspect you'll be buying a new one. It's probably the switch in the mouse, I've had those switches go on mice a number of times. Let's see, I've had 4-5 of them go in 50,000 posts, so you were due for a failure with 16,000!
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a Logitech wireless mouse. When I use the scroll button, the page keeps moving after I stop scrolling using the wheel. In other words, the scrolling action on the screen does not stop instantly when I stop using the wheel. Currently, to avoid this issue, I have to push down on the left button and move the page up and down using the cursor. Thank you in advance for your replies.

A:Solved: Logitech Wireless Mouse Scroll Does Not Stop Properly

This problem was solved by taking the following actions:

>Control Panel
>Buttons tab.
>For "Scroller", set to the following: Check the box labeled "Use MS Office compatible scroll only."
>Check the box below labeled "Scroll in active window only."
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, I had my PC's CPU put together by a service technician, and I saw some issues with it, like random CPU fan warnings or the wireless mouse/keyboard simply not working at times. I have noticed that from the very beginning, and decided to fix all minor issues with a full & fresh install.
But when I get to the first interactive screen in Windows 7 install (This is after booting up from the DVD), the wireless mouse does not respond. The wireless keyboard doesn't work either. I tried plugging in a wired mouse, but that didn't work either. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Please note: Not sure if this is relevant, but recently, one of the USB 2.0 posts stopped working.
Edit: Now, just one of the External hard disks works. All other Disks & my game controller have stopped working off USB ports.

A:Logitech Wireless mouse unusable during Fresh install of Windows 7

Hello and welcome Dennis mate sometimes (if you have access to them) a PS2 mouse / keyboard will work where newer stuff will not see pics for what I mean by PS2 stuff it is the really old connections that some boards still have these days do have.

By the way I suppose you have dome all the updating for the USB ports?
Relevancy 68.37%

Let me preface by saying, I am not so much trying to find a solution to my issue as I am looking for an explanation.

I have a Logitech M510 wireless mouse that was dropped. Now, whenever it is used, the cursor behaves strangely. First, clicking becomes intermittently working until it stops altogether. Before it completely stops working, some of the buttons act as different buttons. For example, the left click starts functioning as the center click. Eventually (after about a minute) the cursor stops moving altogether.

The weirdest part of it all is any other mouse connected to the computer (trackpad, Bluetooth, wired) does the same thing as long as the M510 is connected. As soon as the M510 is turned off, all other pointing devices act normally.

I am a little lost as to how some obvious hardware damage in the M510 mouse could cause such profound effects in the software. Does anyone know why this happens?
Relevancy 68.37%

For the first time in 2 years of use, my logitech mx3200 wireless keyboard is not functioning more than a couple of hours before I have to try and reset via my logitech driver program. It usually takes several attempts to reconnect so the keyboard works.

I have never had a usb receiver with this keyboard and have a wired logitech LX3 optical mouse which works fine.

I am using Windows XP Pro 2002 version and Mozilla browser. My computer is a Dell Latitude D830 laptop set in a docking station in my office.

I am looking for an answer to my problem short of buying a new keyboard.

Thanks for your help

A:Logitech wireless keyboard and wired mouse connection issues

If your using rechargable batteries try regular ones.
Check the driver is up-to-date.

If that fails go out and buy the best keyboard you can afford, if asked tell them I said it was ok !
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi there! I've recently been given a Logitech F710 gaming controller for my computer (a Samsung 305E on Windows 7 - I'm not 100% computer literate so let me know if you need any other specs). Most games work fine - I played Batman: Arkham Origins without any problems. However, many older games, such as Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect, I learned, require me to create a profile using the Logitech Gaming Software.

I downloaded this software from the official site. However, the Logitech Gaming Software does not recognize the controller, even when the Connection Utility also provided on the Logitech website does.

I am not really sure what to do. I have removed and re-downloaded Logitech Gaming Software, but I still cannot do anything with it. I would really appreciate any help, thank you very much.
Relevancy 67.94%

I Logitech stopped Left wireless working click mouse on (Solved) m creating this post just fyi should it help anyone else with this problem Here s what I Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) tried and at least in my case how i solved a quot mouse left click doesn t work quot problem I have a Logitech wireless laser mouse and use rechargeable AA batteries The other morning i powered on my computer as usual and tried using my Logitech Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) wireless mouse but left click didn t work although Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) rt click and mouse movement continued working just fine Things i first tried that didn t help gt Reinstalling Logitech Setpoint and mouse drivers gt Reinstalling Logitech USB transceiver firmware gt Pressing the quot reconnect quot button on the USB transceiver to reconnect transceiver to wireless mouse gt Changed the mouse batteries a couple times and also tried recently recharged batteries Then i had a hunch well it was really more of a last ditch hopeful guess - but it seems to have worked I removed the batteries and let the mouse sit overnight without any battery inside it When i put batteries back in the next morning the mouse has been working fine again ever since Go figure stickout nbsp

A:Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved)

Good stuff there J. I don't know anything about wireless mice but i am wondering if it "reset" itself. Just a thought and a small one at that.
Relevancy 66.22%

I don t know why it s doing this It Not Logitech "USB headset Recognized" Wireless Device USB happens sometimes when I restart the computer The transmitter is plugged into the extender base which is just a USB extension cable The extension cable is plugged into a PCI card that adds USB ports to the computer I also have my wireless gaming reciever for using my wireless xbox controller to Logitech Wireless USB headset "USB Device Not Recognized" play PC games and my cell phone charger and my capture card plugged into this card and they all work great I ve tried reseating the connection by unplugging and plugging the transmitter from the extender and that s not working I tred all the other USB ports on my computer I have and none of them are working with it Most times I can simply unplug and replug a few times and it ll catch on but I d like to know if anyone else has this headset if you ve had this problem I have Windows Vista Ultimate bit by the way nbsp

A:Logitech Wireless USB headset "USB Device Not Recognized"

12 USB ports? You may need to upgrade your computers power supply. Is the USB extender externally powered?
Relevancy 65.79%

I note that a common subject here is the problem of USB wireless mice not being recognized by computers. For what it's worth the following is my experience. This evening my 3 year old Logitech wireless mouse just stopped working, abruptly, and I started getting repeated messages of an unknown USB device even with nothing attached. I tried the mouse on two other worked fine. I tried a system restore from yesterday with no results. I followed the advice offered on other threads to delete USB ports and go. Still weird behavior. I noted that one person with a similar problem turned off notebook and removed and reinstalled battery...whalla! It works. The mouse now functions and no more strange messages. I have Vista Home Premium 64 bit on a Sony Vaio notebook.

A:Fixed USB wireless Mouse not Recognized Problem

I too have a Logitech Wireless mouse and it caused no end of probs till I found that the battery connection seems very touchy. It would either stop working or get very vague in its movement. I changed batteries and it would be Ok for a while and then start playing up. I realised the new battery couldn't have lost its power in such a short time so I removed the cover and took the battery out and then reinserted it. Worked great, so now if it happens I just take off the cover and push down on the battery and again it works.
I also used the Force command in the registry, so on reflection maybe that is working as well.
Relevancy 65.79%

About 25% of the time my wireless Laser Mouse 5000 is not recognized on bootup with the RC.  I had the same problem with the Beta.  The only way to get my mouse to function is to reboot. I have installed the Beta mouse driver, but the problem persists. This is a 64 bit system (hardware & OS).  The mouse properties consistently reports good battery & wireless signal.  This problem never occurs with my XP X64 on the same dual-booting machine.
Relevancy 64.93%

I've had a G running Windows for a few years now Recently Lenovo G700 troubles Wireless I've been experiencing a problem where I'll suddenly lose wireless connection and get the troubleshooting message that the default gateway is not avaible It's a very frequent problem according to my troubleshooting log it's happened over times this month and I'd really really like to be rid of it nbsp I'm using a Broadcom n Network Adapter I saw some Lenovo G700 Wireless troubles people with similar issues and I've already changed the power setting so the computer can't turn off the driver to save power It didn't help I saw some suggestions to lower the adapter's roaming aggeression under the advanced tab but I don't have that option I do have Lenovo G700 Wireless troubles Roaming tendency which I set to moderate but again it didn't seem to help The only thing I can think to do next might be to reinstall the whole driver but I wanted to see what the nice folks here suggested nbsp So yeah Lenovo G Broadcom n Windows Randomly losing wireless connection because the default network gateway is unavalible Any suggestions
Relevancy 64.93%

my Targus PAWMIOU USB WIRELESS MOUSE stopped working on my laptop (runs XP). In trying to troubleshoot I deleted a USB HID driver. According to the troubleshooting guide the driver would be found and reinstalled when I plugged i the mouse again but it did not.

When I plug it in a get USB Driver not recognized

The mouse works on another PC, also running XP

I a not sure whether the problem at this point is that the driver is not recognized because I deleted it. I have ried to find a way to download an HID driver, but have not been successful.

When I go to device manager HID I see an HID compliant device , which may be what I am suppsoed to see and maybe I am not missing a driver at all. Not really sure

A:Targus wireless mouse gets USB Driver not recognized message

Did this just get lost because of the time I posted it or is there nobody out there with any idea as to how to proceed?
Relevancy 64.93%

I got a nice big gift card for X-mas and want to get a new keyboard/mouse combo. I was wondering if there is any problems with wireless keyboards/mice and gaming. I play shooters/RPG/RTS/Simulations, pretty much all genre. Does anyone know of any good ones to get??

A:Wireless keyboard/mouse and gaming...

My advice, get one with a rechargeable mouse, there is nothing worse than your mouse not working because the batteries have died, other than that, I doubt you'll notice a difference between wired and wireless as long as you have the only set in the house.
Relevancy 64.93%

I just baught a Logitech Cordles Click! Plus mouse and while it works good for surfing the web and doing everything else, it's kinda a bit inaccurate and just a hair slow to respond when im playing warcraft III. is there anyone using a wireless mouse that works great in gaming? especialy in WCIII. thanks for the response,id like to get alot of opinions on this one,i dont wanna have to take five mice back to the store to get one that doesn't suck.

Relevancy 64.07%

Hello I have re-installed Windows wireless chrome), not mouse pc, Very recognized browser(mozilla, slow months ago It was a clean installation I ve also Very slow pc, browser(mozilla, chrome), wireless mouse not recognized installed the required protection - Avast Antivirus - Spybot Search amp Destroy - Malwarebytes For about a week I have been having some serious problems - My wireless mouse isn t always recognized working I hear the specific sound when I m plugging its usb in the pc but it just won t move - I ve been installing small programs that usually take seconds to install and it has taken minutes to pass through the Wizard Even opening Control Panel is a challenge I have a total of programs essential I may add I m certainly not overloading the pc - The browser is working painfully slow The Shocwave Flash plugin is constantly crashing and working in multiple tabs blocks any online activity whatsoever - When I was doing multiple things in parallel browsing installing a program connecting my phone to the pc Windows just crashed there was a blue screen with a message that if it s the first time I see the screen I just have to restart it but if it wasn t I should consult someone because I may have a software hardware problem I did restart it and things got just a little bit faster except the browsing I don t usually install things on my pc but I have downloaded a couple of files from a torrent site books mainly and a certain essential office package Could it be a virus If so how I m protected or is my pc just too old years now since I bought it Its ventilator sounds like a vacuum cleaner and I haven t been able to clean it properly since I don t have a matching screwdriver Thank you in advance for your advices nbsp

A:Very slow pc, browser(mozilla, chrome), wireless mouse not recognized

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here:
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:

Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
Never run more than one scan at a time.
Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello All  I am trying to find out if there is any wireless AC cards that will work with Lenovo G700 series Labtop. I am not sure where to look or how to find out the current card manufature ID or if there is a list of approved wireless AC cards Lenovo knows will work with this machine. If any one has any idea please let me know so I can upgrade. I love this machine and would like to get better wireless speeds.

Go to Solution.

A:Compatible wireless AC cards for Lenovo G700 labto...

Hello and welcome,
The whitelisted (model + Lenovo FRU required) WLAN cards are shown on page 72 of the Hardware Maintenance Manual - Lenovo G700, G710
I don't see any AC cards listed.
Your best bet may be a USB wireless AC adapter.  Not ideal perhaps, but inexpensive.
Relevancy 63.64%

Trying to Cannot Install Logitech "Setpoint" install Logitech quot Setpoint quot driver software in order to enable wheel-scrolling Cannot Install Logitech "Setpoint" via trackball During the installation executing Setpoint Smart exe the OS throws up a command-line window with the information quot SUCCESS The file or folder quot C Users DenTV AppData Local Temp Logitech SetPo intSI -Install setup exe quot now owned by user quot BIGWRT DenTV quot processed file C Users DenTV AppData Local Temp Logitech SetPointSI -Instal l setup exe Successfully processed files Failed processing files Press any key to continue quot This window appears five times after each of Cannot Install Logitech "Setpoint" which I press the Space Bar Then the installation window reports successful completion and terminates but despite the encouraging report the program is not installed Earlier I saw this strange window for other program installations and was told here to select quot Run New Task quot under the Task Manager and check quot Create this task with Administrative privileges quot which solved the problem in those cases It does not work for Setpoint however Would appreciate any advice Thank you for your attention

A:Cannot Install Logitech "Setpoint"

I'm using Logitech Setpoint version 6.65.62 on Windows 8.1 for a Logitech Zone Touch Mouse T400. I installed it about a week ago with no problems. So the driver does work on Windows 8.1. I have both Administrator and standard user accounts on my computer and I installed it from the Administrator account.
Relevancy 63.21%

As the title says, I'm on a brand new laptop (Yay Christmas) and I, just today, got a new HP wireless mouse. I've got it set up in the left hand configuration for Windows, but when I start up a game (Terraria, Minecraft, League of Legends, etc.) it switches to the right hand config. I've tried switching it back and forth, rebooting the mouse, etc., all to no avail. Any assistance would be amazing.

A:New laptop, new wireless mouse, small gaming problem

You may need to open the microsoft mouse thing in your start menu
untick the 'enable program-specific settings' box.

Then try running your games
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Logitech MX700 wireless mouse that occassionally locks up when I leave the computer for a couple of hours. I am running Windows XP and have all the latest drivers. I have to reboot the computer to get the mouse to work.
Any ideas out there would be appreciated?

A:Logitech Wireless Mouse "locks up"

Throw your wireless mouse in the trash and go buy a WIRED MX518 mouse from $39.99 and about $4 shipping= $44 you will get it in 2 days, worth every penny

Trust me for gaming or anythign else, Wired is the way to go! The technology for wirless is still not up-to-grade with the wired mouses, crappy response time lots of lag, you won't notice untill you switch to the 518
Relevancy 59.34%

With my old computer and mouse I used to be able to use the middle button for various tasks susch as opening a link in another tab rotating the camera in games etc Logitech Mouse HID-compliant - Cordless issue middle button mouse and i have got very used to this I recently purchased a Dell XPS One and am using the mouse which came with it which according Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse - middle mouse button issue to Device Manager is the Logitech HID Compliant Cordless Mouse I am running Vista Home Premium x and i am unable to use the middle button for this Instead in firefox it is a sort of zoom function Yesterday it started working - i don t know why - but today it has failed again and is back to the zoom function If i hold down the CTRL button and left click this is the same as middle button should be so is there any way i can swap these functions around I don t know if this is a problem with the mouse or with vista or with me not finding some setting If it helps my mouse driver is version which i think is up to date nbsp

A:Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse - middle mouse button issue

Have you gone to Mouse in the Vista Control Panel and see what choices you are given there to manage the mouse?

What does it say the mouse is if you look at the bottom of the mouse itself? Is there a model number?

If its a Logitech Mouse you may be able to install the Logitech SetPoint software to add extra functionality or programing options: javascript:downloadSW();
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I m really hoping someone here can help me My logitech corded optical mouse was working pretty well but it was a little slow so I decided to switch it out with a microsoft comfort optical mouse I XP, freeze! microsoft Mouse to from logitech switched mouse have another machine and both mice seem Mouse freeze! XP, switched from logitech to microsoft mouse to work perfectly there But on Mouse freeze! XP, switched from logitech to microsoft mouse my main machine they both lock up after a few minutes and the only thing that fixes it is rebooting I was highly suspecting it was a conflict between logitech and microsoft software at first I tried this http support microsoft com kb several times to clear the registry and start fresh But each time I ended up having to use system restore after I can clear everything out and then the USB hub is detected when I reboot but the mouse is not I check device manager and it says it has an HID compliant mouse and the mouse lights up like it has power but won t move at all Does anyone have any ideas Is there any more information I could give that would be helpful to troubleshoot Thanks so much Airmide nbsp
Relevancy 58.05%

Okay, hey everybody. Yesterday I bought a logitech headset/ microphone. It didnt come with any drivers, its a simple plug and play item. I plug it in (mind you, I have a different sound card, the one that came with my pc broke somehow), and I can hear perfectly, but I cant talk to anybody. I made sure the mic isnt muted, and I made sure the mic was turned on. No luck. I tryed it on my mom's laptop, and it works perfectly. Any tips? I would greatly appreciate it.