Windows Support Forum

Black Screen BEFORE Login screen and AFTER Windows 7 logo/loading!

Q: Black Screen BEFORE Login screen and AFTER Windows 7 logo/loading!

Hey need some help yet again Yesterday I downloaded Mission Against Terror New MMOFPS and I downloaded it Upon updating with the patcher my laptop went haywire It started opening up random IE windows slow speed etc etc I did a whole memory scan and a malware adware spyware scan There were several viruses and whatnot but Login screen and BEFORE Screen 7 Windows Black logo/loading! AFTER what is important are the files SVC exe and exe you'll find it why later on The anti-virus said that it had fixed deleted everything So I restarted my laptop hoping that I'd get it up and running in safe mode for any further scans Unfortunately when I restarted it after the windows loading screen which is right before login screen a black screen appeared With nothing at all Not even a cursor BLACK JUST BLACK with NO keyboard access mouse access But that's expected since it's BEFORE the login screen It's the same with normal boot boot that does that quot last best used option quot or whatever safe mode with networking etc etc All the same Black screen Good thing I had Black Screen BEFORE Login screen and AFTER Windows 7 logo/loading! WIN XP on my other hard drive So I booted up into WIN XP where I'm posting this from and did a FULL NOT QUICK system scan to find the SAME Viruses YET AGAIN SVC exe and exe along with some other minor tracking cookies and what-not Win XP on second drive is also having a few problems like IE shutting down every second using firefox now Think this is a whole system prob But why Didn't the antivirus-es fix it I say quot es quot because I used SuperAntiSpyware Norton NOD Malware Bytes and AVG I've tried the system recovery thing F thing on boot screen NOT ON LOGIN SCREEN Remember I can't reach that but that doesn't work either So any suggestions Btw The windows PRO bit that's corrupted not starting is on C and Win XP is on D Attached is a log of my most recent scans Thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Black Screen BEFORE Login screen and AFTER Windows 7 logo/loading!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Black Screen BEFORE Login screen and AFTER Windows 7 logo/loading!

Hi your problem can best be addressed in the security section of the forum
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-before-login-screen-and-after-windows-7-logo-loading-516244.html
Relevancy 81.53%

I just drivewashed my s-ata wd harddrive 3 passes,and got to installing the controllers to the harddrive s-ata which was fasttrak100 lite windows xp driver and the promist fasttrak etc.. controller,it goes on to say install windows xp professional when i have the disk already in there...the whole windows installation reaches partitioning the hard drive,then it asks one more time for the hard drive controller driver off the floppy,so i insert that it installs more....then it says "computer will now restart,take floppy out"...but when the computer restarts this time,it goes into the normal windows loading black screen with the blue dots moving left to right at the bottom center,then suddenly it just freezes..ive tried reinstalling windows but i have no clue whats going on.

A:Windows XP Freezes at black logo loading screen!:(

What mobo are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-freezes-at-black-logo-loading-screen.42039/
Relevancy 81.53%

Hey, I was doing some maintenance to my computer (updating drivers) and as per my routine, I used driver sweeper to remove my AMD display driver to install the latest version. After the reboot when the display driver was removed, the windows logo loads normally and after that it goes into black screen. I've since tried all the other options - safe mode, repair, last known good config and I'll go to a black screen everytime past the windows logo/load bar.

I'm at at total lost on what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:HELP! Black screen after loading past windows logo

Ugh looks like it has something to do with my monitor just blacking out after being Not Optimum Mode for a minute, got it fixed

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/240037-help-black-screen-after-loading-past-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 81.22%

HI everyone I am a noob here so firstly can I say thanks in advance for any help you can give me on a frustrating problem I also hope this is able Windows waits Screen to Logo then after 2 login - minutes, Black in the right place as it's not Blue screen it's a black screen My System - custom build Intel Core i GHz DDR SDRAM Windows x Ultimate FOXCONN Motherboard H M-S and Nvidia GeForce GTX So I noticed a few days ago all of a sudden my PC started to get a black screen after the Windows loading animation However after about minutes it does eventually take me to the login screen Black Screen after Windows Logo - waits 2 minutes, then able to login where I can get access and everything appears to be in order Black Screen after Windows Logo - waits 2 minutes, then able to login I have tried this in Safe Mode and the same thing happens I have followed some of the hints on this forum about running tools and so far I have the following but these have not been run in safe mode AVAST - no issues SPYBOT - no issues MALWARE BYTES - no issues SFC SCANNOW - no issues DISABLED Graphics card - no change after reboot UNINSTALLED graphics card - no change REMOVED USB Hub - no change after reboot DISCONNECTED Network cable and rebooted - no change I am wired LAN not wireless I thought the network may be timing out Ran a boot Log and found Did not load driver SystemRoot System drivers vga sys Did not load driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS srv sys Did not load driver SystemRoot System Drivers NDProxy SYS Did not load driver SystemRoot System Drivers NDProxy SYS Did not load driver SystemRoot System Drivers NDProxy SYS Did not load driver SystemRoot System Drivers NDProxy SYS I have also used Soluto to see what the boot times were and only two programs were taking a long time to boot so I removed it from the start up process which were Spotify and NVIDIA Experience centre It made no difference Additionally I noticed on some occasions the machine boots and after the black screen the display seems to be at very low resolution some very funny colours and also displaying at x I hope someone on here can help - the only one thing I have not tried is a system restore as I am hesitant in getting something wrong Any help would be much appreciated Trying to give you as much info as I can Thanks Jon

A:Black Screen after Windows Logo - waits 2 minutes, then able to login

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/323142-black-screen-after-windows-logo-waits-2-minutes-then-able-login.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Hey folks, I booted up my computer this morning and it wasn't looking so hot. Bios prompts appear, and goes into the typical Windows XP loading screen. Once it appears it's done loading, next should be the password login screen, but the monitor just sits blank. I'm almost positive that it's malware or a virus as I've seen something similar before.

I've attached a hijackthis log for your reference. I TRULY do appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks again, -Jeff

A:After loading windows xp logo, screen goes black... hijack included.

So I have a small update.

I logged into safe mode to try and do a system recovery from a few days ago and see if that works. It does it thing, but it doens't appear to work. On my next boot up, instead of loading windows, I get

"Windows could not start because of the following file is missing or corrupt:

\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM"

So, it suggests that I try and repair using a copy of Windowx XP cd-rom. I boot that up, and sometimes it won't load saying there is an error, but every now and then it will get to the menu. I select repair, and it immediately states that I don't have any hard drives. I am using RAID, so I'm thinking that's the issue.

I remember that it asks if I have any third party drivers, and I do have some disks for the RAID drivers, however, my floppy is unplugged because when I left it in, it would just hang when I tried doing the repair setup. Unplugged that, and it loaded the repair menu. But now I can't install the raid drivers. Not sure if that would work anyway. Thoughts? Thanks again folks, I am seriously stuck here.

PS to mods, feel free to move my post if think you ness as it seems to be a slightly different issue then malware now. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-loading-windows-xp-logo-screen-goes-black-hijack-included.927260/
Relevancy 111.37%

Hi guys at seven forum again, I am using an ASUS laptop running Windows 7 premium 64. After a virus scan with MBAM and removal of infected files, windows will not load correctly. After windows logo appears, the screen goes black and after i while i can hear the desktop load, but the screen is totally black. Ive been able to boot into safe mode, but i am unable to access device manager (related files may have been removed by mistake with MBAM) to check drivers. I also dont have a back up, or a restore point . Any ideas from the guru's here at sevenforum? All help and responses appreciated. thx.

A:Black screen after windows logo. login audible but not visible.driver?

Hi ... Looks as if the Infection has left your System with a lot of corrupted Files ...

I think your best option would be a Clean Install of Windows ..
Follow the Tutorial below ...
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/350327-black-screen-after-windows-logo-login-audible-but-not-visible-driver.html
Relevancy 107.5%

hi everyone i have bumped into a little problem well i hope it is a little problem to fix as i have tried a fair few things ok this is what im getting when i load my windows theres no background or login image and also when i was restarting my computer it done the same thing black background with the windows logo on the bottom Windows screen 7 HELP loading upon login to URGENT Black while shutting down restarting quot iv attached the image quot now want i done was since i wanted to revert my icons back to stock i had these files in my backups for awhile and i replaced them with the current Windows 7 Black screen upon loading to login URGENT HELP ones in system imageres dll imagesp dll shell dll zipfldr dll this is the last Windows 7 Black screen upon loading to login URGENT HELP thing i done till this happened now Windows 7 Black screen upon loading to login URGENT HELP i have tried to run repair but wont detect anything and says you hardware attached etc and i can't run system restore since i don't have it on if this helps i also running dual boot win and xp atm im on xp so i can access the win system files please i really need help thanks

A:Windows 7 Black screen upon loading to login URGENT HELP

Try this:

1. Reboot while holding down the F8 key.
2. Choose safe mode with networking.
3. Google for the latest driver for your video card.
4. Download and install the new driver after uninstalling the old one.
5. Reboot your computer.

Also, you could try the repair option two or three times.

I don't want to nag, but when you're up and running, turn system restore back on - you know it makes sense.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/172094-windows-7-black-screen-upon-loading-login-urgent-help.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hello,

I am encountering an issue of when the Dell optiplex 755 boots up, it boots through the Windows XP logo just fine, once it tries to transition between the logo and loading the system up, it just shows a black screen and nothing else happens. I tried using a bootable Windows XP flash drive to repair the system files and it loads the Windows XP setup ok but when it runs through all of the commands on the bottom of the screen and the last one says "Starting Windows" , it takes me to a blue screen (screenshot below). I have HIRENS and have done a lot of the chkdsk commands to fix the files and everything comes back ok. I tried to clone the hard drive with the same exact hard drive and still the same issue. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help in advance.

A:Windows XP gets past the logo screen and then turns the screen black/bluescreen

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN130053/EN#Error , scroll down to section on STOP 7B errors.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586463/windows-xp-gets-past-the-logo-screen-and-then-turns-the-screen-blackbluescreen/
Relevancy 99.76%

Ok it all started when I XP cursor won't Black no Windows screen after with the screen. logo boot. ran Nod antivirus I ran it because I had some viruses on my computer that I wanted to get rid of After the scan there were some detected objects that were quarantined or deleted So then I restart my computer and after the windows xp logo there is just a black screen with no cursor And after awhile the computer will just Windows XP won't boot. Black screen with no cursor after the logo screen. restart and try booting up again I tried going into safe mode and safe mode with command prompt but I still get a black screen with no cursor The last known good configuration doesn t work either I m pretty frustrated because I did nothing wrong I am also having a feeling that nod might have quarantined some infected files that are essential for Windows Xp to boot I also do not have any windows xp disks with me because I lost them a very long time ago Is there anything I can do to fix my computer Thanks nbsp

A:Windows XP won't boot. Black screen with no cursor after the logo screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-wont-boot-black-screen-with-no-cursor-after-the-logo-screen.941897/
Relevancy 99.76%

Good Morning,

For the past several months I have been having problems with my HP desktop computer. When my system reboots I sometimes get a black screen with nothing on it or it gets stuck on the windows logo or I get a blue screen with a bunch of writing.

The blue screen tends to happen with the computer goes into hibernation. So I changed my settings to that it doesn't happen but I would like to fix that so that I can give my computer a rest during the time that I'm not using it.

I have checked for malware, viruses you name it... nothing.

HP HPE-180t
Windows 7 SP1
Intel core i7 930 @2.80GHz
9.00 GB RAM
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013

If you need further info please let me know. ;)
ps I had wonderful support several years ago regarding my laptop.. thank you once again :)

A:Black screen, Blue Screen & Stuck on Windows logo

Hello Britt,

Quote:

I would like to fix that so that I can give my computer a rest during the time that I'm not using it.

The best way to do this is to simply turn it off; it will also save on the electricty bills too.
When I am not using my machine, I turn it off, because here in South Australia we have the second highest electricity charges in the world.

Quote:

I get a blue screen with a bunch of writing.

Can you tell us what the blue screen says; usually this is due to a recent hardware or software change; however, in your instance it might be the Hibernation feature that is malfunctioning.
Post back with the information about the blue screen, please.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-blue-screen-and-stuck-on-windows-logo-689187.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello everyone First of all I will divide my statement by sections so it would be easier to read Section The problem - description of it Section How I manage the problem "loading cursor" Black no on screen and screen with login Boot. Section Things and methods that I have tried - all unsuccessfully Section My own findings to help with further analysis So here we go Section Whenever I start windows it will boot normally up Black screen with "loading cursor" and no login screen on Boot. until Windows logo screen where balls meet to form windows logo at this logo screen I can already notice slow pace as it stays in it for a good minute Afterwards it will be just black screen for a minute Then mouse cursor will appear with faster sensitivity than my usual and it will transform into a loading wheel cursor after another minute And now it reached state in which it can stay for hours Only black screen and loading mouse wheel note that it is always spinning and I can always move it it is not frozen Section So the only way for me to login is to leave it be for at least about hours and it will start itself Usually I do this overnight and in the morning it is already at the desktop and works like nothing ever happened I can do whatever then everything will work perfectly fine Crysys works fine YouTube works fine - no trace of any problem So while I can always just Hibernate and sleep my PC I need to restart it sometimes EDIT Now after those hours or more it will simply display ordinary mouse pointer on a black screen and act as if I am in login screen For example it will sleep after mins of no movement and instantly wake up on activity Section So far I have tried those methods Clean boot All of F advanced boot options Only safe mode and repair windows work sfc scannow in Safe Mode Uninstalling video card driver and reinstalling with the latest compatible CCleaner while in normal mode Other anti virus and malware softwares Windows restore no back up point Deleting network drivers Reinstalling them Disabling all network related devices in the Device Manager Section While Fail Safe mode works neatly Fail safe mode with networking support loads but freezes after about seconds And won't unfreeze only mouse will be movable but everything will be irresponsive and will give me errors like shown on the post here below in the replies It appears to be happened after I downloaded windows update for Virtual machine support During the update I went away from my laptop when I left it was restarting itself to apply updates and when I came back hour later I found my laptop on the same black screen with loading mouse cursor I waited minutes more and forcefully restarted it And it was black screen again Since then I have uninstalled everything regarding that update and virtual machine through programs and features in the windows updates tab There were few times when I saw a BSOD after black screen stood for about hours But was unable to read them fast enough Sometimes the laptop monitor will change its brightness during black screen The laptop will restart itself after about hour of black screen and go into it again --- EDITs Sorry for the edits guys I am using Android to write this and I want my post to look both informative and easy to read --- I usually solve problems like this myself through hardcore researching and analysis but I fail on this one Thank you everyone who will try to help and suggest anything Thank you for your time ExacT

A:Black screen with "loading cursor" and no login screen on Boot.

It sounds like something is trying to load and run in the background.
Download DDS from one of these links:
DDS.com
DDS.pifDisable any script blocking protection
Double click the dds icon to run the tool.
When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt
Attach.txt <--- will be minimized in the task tray

Save both reports to your desktop.
Include the contents of both logs in your next post.
The scan will instruct you to post Attach.txt as an attachment. You can post both logs as attachments.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344159-black-screen-loading-cursor-no-login-screen-boot.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Black screen on booting up.

Description, I press the power button to boot the laptop. It acts like it will boot fine. I see the ASUS logo. After that, a black screen(sometimes it will go away - 90% of the time, I have to force shutdown and hold down power button 30-60 seconds. Other observations are that it sounds like the fan is still running or the HDD is making noise (not head crash noise, but it sounds maybe like the fan us running hard?

This randomly happens.

I have a feeling it may be:

User Profile Corruption (I should be using a Local Account)
Signs Hard Disk Failure
Windows Problems in general
Display Adapter, or USB Bluetooth Peripherals (MSFT Sculpt Business Keyboard and Anker USB Bluetooth Mouse)

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
Is it likely a HDD issue?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/54832-black-screen-upon-booting-up-periodically-login-page-not-loading.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hi I would really appreciate any advice i've been trying to fix for four hours without any luck.

I have an Acer aspire 5732Z. I turn my laptop on and it shows the starting windows screen then just goes to a black screen with a cursor. I tried to do systems restore but it said that i did not have a system restore point. I cannot start in any safe mode.

I have all my pictures, uni work etc and im terrified i've lost it all. I've only had the laptop a year.

Any suggestion would be amazing

Thank you

A:Black screen after windows start up doesn't go to login screen

Hello seven11 and welcome to SevenForums!

I think this article will be fairly interesting to read.

Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7?

Carry on.
Frederik

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/196945-black-screen-after-windows-start-up-doesnt-go-login-screen.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hello I ll go ahead and start from the very beginning Thanks in advance though for taking a look at my problem About a month ago my computer would give me a few problems while booting screen before Cant black Windows login boot, Solved: screen up I would start the computer it would run through BIOS run through the Windows loading screen and after that it would run the CHKDSK to make sure my disks are fine CHKDSK doesn t work it just freezes right before checking the disks so I restart and generally it will boot up Most of the time it would boot up perfectly but rarely would it go to the xp loading screen and then flicker as if it as Solved: Windows Cant boot, black screen before login screen going to go to the windows login screen but wouldn t The screen would just stay black and I d have to restart Solved: Windows Cant boot, black screen before login screen Next time generally it would work perfect So this brings me to the current day After the Solved: Windows Cant boot, black screen before login screen windows xp loading screen it goes black The computer is on but I don t see any activity for the HDD via the LED SO i go into safe mode i finally get CHKDSK to run I had to really mess with some stuff to get that working Windows says the volume is fine and the only way I can boot my PC is in safe mode but even that will freeze sometimes while loading some of the files Just to let you know I m running Raid and this is my first time running it I m not sure if this symptom is a common problem if one of the disks are going out Does anyone know whats going on Could it be a virus that messed with a boot ini or any startup stuff also is there anyway to remove problems within safe mode I tried removing anti-virus program thinking it might help but wont allow me nbsp

Relevancy 94.6%

Hey Ok well it starts black windows of drives, both loading Two copy screen with XP, after hard screen same off with me managing to either corrupt windows or the hard drive on my original hard drive and when ever I try Two hard drives, both with same copy of XP, black screen after windows loading screen to boot off there I get to the windows loading screen with logo and little green sliding bar and then it restarts and keeps doing that Tried booting in safe mode and from disc but I cannot do anything with it in terms of booting So Two hard drives, both with same copy of XP, black screen after windows loading screen what Two hard drives, both with same copy of XP, black screen after windows loading screen I decided to do was get a second hard drive and install XP onto there and then plug my second hard drive in and see if I can transfer files off there to the new one I got XP installed fine on it but when it came to booting with both hard drives plugged in I came to problems I set which hard drive is the priority one in the bios as there is no pins on the back of this new hard drive and it got to the windows loading screen with the new installation i know this because the loading screens are different for both hard drives After the loading screen my monitors go black and nothing happens Windows loads fine when it is just the new hard drive plugged in even if the old hard drive is plugged in and set to disabled it goes to the black screen If anyone is able to give some advice on what to do or what could be wrong I would be really grateful Thanks Matt nbsp

A:Two hard drives, both with same copy of XP, black screen after windows loading screen

Sounds like the old hard drive is faulty to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-hard-drives-both-with-same-copy-of-xp-black-screen-after-windows-loading-screen.90318/
Relevancy 93.74%

I was wondering what folder is the Vista logo in the bottom of the screen during logon, and/or how to change the image

A:Windows Vista logo in login screen

Welcome
Maybe this will help.

Logon screen - Change

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287018-windows-vista-logo-login-screen.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hey guys I've been looking at this for a while at work and I'm hoping you guys can help me out here I'm a bit stumped I've got a computer displaying a BSOD after windows logo and before login screen I tried safe mode and initially thought it was DeepFreeze failing because when watching the drivers load for safe mode the BSOD happened right after loading the two DeepFreeze drivers eg quot LOADED DF sys quot I took an image of the hard drive from a linux boot disc with DD at this point before I started making changes because there is software that isn't around any longer and we windows logo after BSOD login screen. and before wouldn't be able to get back So I got in touch with DeepFreeze Support and was able to manually thaw the computer by replacing BSOD after windows logo and before login screen. the two deepfreeze drivers with the thawed versions I got from support and the problem continues after that At least the system is thawed now so I can be certain that anything we change in it is effective and not going to be reverted The exact error text on screen is quot STOP c a Fatal System Error The initial session process system process terminated unexpectedly with a sta tus of x xc x bd The system has been shut down quot This doesn't look like the quot normal quot blue screen I'm used to There is nothing saying that it is saving a dump or anything like this I've tried startup repair many times and I have also booted up in PartedMagic and confirmed that the partition is marked as active While I had it loaded in partedmagic I did see something weird on the label It's got some high ACSI characters in it This makes me nervous I also and tried booting into recovery for W after that through times in a row two or three times and every time Recovery comes back and says no root cause found and then proceeds to fail to boot up after I restart it

A:BSOD after windows logo and before login screen.

Can you boot up with your Linux CD and get a copy of the minidumps to upload for analysis?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365633-bsod-after-windows-logo-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello friends, I recently got the Gnome desktop environment on the Ubuntu Software Center, and I used the gdm and startx command as said by another forum site. Nothing wrong, they said to logout, tried to login again, goes to a black screen and sends me back to the Ubuntu login screen. Tried again, same result, panicked. Looked up video tutorial on how to fix it, they said to access the control panel via ctrl-alt-f1 or f2, went to a black screen, no text at all, computer runs fine, no crashing. Is there a special way to access the terminal in a System76 computer, I really don't know very confusing? Is there a way to login with the guest session? I use Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf on my laptop. What causes this, I read on Ubuntu forums it's driver issues with Ubuntu and Nvidia, but I have my suspections with the Gnome desktop environment.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/ubuntu-login-black-screen-then-login-screen-loop-for-a-system76-oryx-pro-laptop.55688/
Relevancy 93.74%

I'm having a weird problem. My laptop will show a black screen when booting. It seems no matter how long I wait, nothing happens. When I attach an external LCD to the laptop, it shows the Windows load or Windows resume graphics on the external monitor, but not on my laptop screen. As soon as the Desktop Screen with the Windows Login appears, it then appears on my laptop as well.

I also can't seem to get to safe mode. I push f8 and it never comes up I haven't installed any new software or hardware to cause this.
Any thoughts?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-is-black-until-windows-login-screen.560673/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello. Recently had a virus and have been going through the steps here on bleeping computer to help get rid of it. The last thing I was told to do was run the farbar scan tool and to copy and paste a code and hit fix. Upon doing so the computer prompted for a restart. It now won't get to the log in screen. I've tried booting in safe mode and I've also tried last known working configuration as suggested and nothing has worked unfortunately. I was told to come here. Hopefully something can be done. Thanks a ton.

A:Windows won't get to login screen, black screen and cursor

Tap F8 at boot and select Repair Computer from the Advanced Boot Options. Do a System Restore to a date just before the problem. 

You cannot do the above and if you have another Windows 7 computer create a System Repair Disk. Boot and try a System Restore to a date just before the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617825/windows-wont-get-to-login-screen-black-screen-and-cursor/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi all,

this is my very first forum post here, few people have recommended this site as a best W7 community on the internet.

I have problem with black screen(lag) between windows starting message and login screen, lag is about 10 seconds and its very annoying, here is the video so you can see the problem:

maybe this is normal? i have this install almost two years, i dont have to much programs, and i disabled almost all useless startup programs. I tried also disabling bootscan in my NOD32 antivirus but nothing changed.

Is there any solution for this? and can i post to you some logs or something?

Best regards

A:Black screen between Windows starting and login screen

It is Dell's factory install? Usually it is bloated up with some services and programs those are not needed. So you need to clean them up. Follow this guide:
Clean Up Factory Bloatware

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289689-black-screen-between-windows-starting-login-screen.html
Relevancy 93.74%

So I've hit this issue where I am welcomed with a black screen which is supposed to be my login screen It boots up but what would look like the login screen is simply black When moving the mouse the cursor would emerge whilst changing from pointing to loading cursor animations The wifi icon from the lock screen seems to flicker sometimes but that's pretty much it nothing could be done from my end I've tried resetting restoring from the advanced boot options triggered by constantly interrupting the bootup process but it's telling me it cannot be login Black Windows to prior screen 8.1 screen done since the location of the OS is not quot unlocked quot Safe mode with networking command prompt gives me the same result Unfortunately I do not have a system restore point nor a system image to use The command Windows 8.1 Black screen prior to login screen prompt from within the repair does not let me use sfc scannow too Brief history of what happened beforehand I installed the Uxtheme patcher to enable third-party themes then before rebooting installed an application called StartIsBack After rebooting it seemed fine and I changed my mind and decided to uninstall StartIsBack It turns out the aforementioned program brings a cavalry of bloatware before you could uninstall it After I got rid of the extra software it came with I proceeded to delete each part of StartIsBack from its respective directories but it wouldn't let me delete its core StartIsBack dll because it is running in the background There is no sign of it as well within the task manager So I had to boot to Safe mode to manually delete it and finally getting rid of it After rebooting normally the explorer exe didn't open upon start-up Opening it manually by launching it from the Task Manager doesn't work either so I decided to try and use SFC scannow to try and fix the problem It reported that it wasn't not able to fix some of the errors found and changes will take place after the next reboot After rebooting I am greeted with the black screen issue tl dr is there a possible solution to this without having to format my os partition and or installing a new one If I really have to is it possible to just delete C and perhaps install Windows over it My media files are in D

A:Windows 8.1 Black screen prior to login screen

Try this tutorial: Repair Install Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/64442-windows-8-1-black-screen-prior-login-screen.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Help Windows hangs at loading screen Hi guys I at (XP loading Windows hangs logo) screen m new to this forum and I m currently having quite a problem What happened that resulted in my problem Computer working totally fine Attempted to overclock CPU without much experience Computer unable to boot Reset CMOS Jumper to reset BIOS back to default Windows starts up normally but hangs at the black loading screen where the windows logo is there and there s a little blue bar moving from left to right Half way loading the blue bar would just freeze and nothing happens even after many hours After restarting my computer it brings me to a black screen asking me to boot safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with cmd or use Windows hangs at loading (XP logo) screen last known good settings or start windows normally Only by selecting Safe mode OR Safe mode with CMD will my computer start By selecting the others windows still hangs at the loading screen Things I have done to try to solve this problem not in order Reset CMOS again Replace computer battery Moved around my x GB RAMS and even sometimes just use stick Under safe mode assessed to msconfig to select diagnostic start-up only Unplug and plug back hdd Removed wireless adapter Despite doing all these the problem still continues nbsp

A:Windows hangs at loading (XP logo) screen

Boot into Safe Mode, do Start > Run, type CMD press Enter
In the new window type CHKDSK X: /F where X is the drive letter your XP is on
(usually C, there is a space before and after X: ) press Enter
type Y to confirm, press Enter
then restart the computer and CHKDSK will check the disk.

If that didn't fix it boot using Safe Mode again and try a System Restore to a time before you tried to overclock the PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-hangs-at-loading-xp-logo-screen.1146028/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello, I have a windows 7 x64 bit and I had a problem 2 days ago with my computer. Everytime The windows loading screen finishes, mouse will appear and the background is black, after that, it will restart. Sometimes bsod will show after windows loading screen then it will restart. How can I fix this?Sorry for asking silly questions. Thanks in advance!

A:BSOD after windows logo loading screen

Can you post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions?

If you cannot boot windows normally, boot into Advanced Boot Options, safe mode with networking, and then try it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/274986-bsod-after-windows-logo-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 92.88%

So here's the deal screen Black Windows [SOLVED] after screen loading starting from the beginning Note I've been away for about a year and I just got back today I'm pretty psyched about Starcraft so I tried to install it a couple hours ago [SOLVED] Black screen after Windows loading screen The software failed to connect to the Internet to validate the installation At the suggestion of a member of another forum I ran ComboFix exe It totally fixed the problem I could have [SOLVED] Black screen after Windows loading screen stopped there but I was a little greedy I then installed Windows Updates on my computer up to but not including XP Service Pack I did this because SC II more or less asked me to I restarted upon completion and the problem began After the Windows loading screen the screen becomes black Shortly afterward there is no more input to the monitor it turns off I hear a beep every seconds from my computer but nothing else This continues until I restart Safe Mode and Last Known Configuration do not work I have the Recovery Console installed but I don't know what to do with that Unfortunately I disabled System Restore quite a while ago to save space I am fairly certain the culprit is these Windows updates What I would ideally like to do is well uninstall them I don't know how to navigate the text workspace of the Recovery Console though and I don't even know if it can be done I'd really appreciate any help at all It's so unfortunate that my computer worked great after a year of sitting idle and then I went and messed it up in an hour

A:[SOLVED] Black screen after Windows loading screen

Use an XP Installation Disk to run chkdsk, and hope your problem is HD errors.

If Safe Mode, Last known good configuration and System Restore are all not working, the only thing left is a Repair Installation.

Do you have a XP Installation disk ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-black-screen-after-windows-loading-screen-503256.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I am posting on behalf of my friend because he cannot get on but he has a cracked versions of ms office 07 and his dad accidently installed the office genuine advantage and Office SP1 and now this has happened. We have tried booting in safe mode, booting off the windows vista disk and restoring the bios back to system defaults but neither of these have worked. He has Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 and his computer is an ACER Aspire.

I will be updating him with any information posted.

All help is highly appreciated.

A:Windows Vista loading screen then screen goes black

Looks like WGA got another one.
I think a format is in order.

As a side note dont put the cracked software back on.
Cheaters never prosper.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-loading-screen-then-screen-goes-black-375655.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello I'm new to the Screen Cursor Screen w/ Loading Windows Black After forums but I find myself coming to this site a lot to fix my windows computer so heck why not join Problem Recently my computer starts up windows and after the loading screen it just sits at a black screen forever with a cursor and it doesn't even make it to the log in screen I have tried safe mode with the same results What I've Done So Black Screen w/ Cursor After Windows Loading Screen FarTried to Repair Startup with Windows DVD Tried to use sfc scannow at boot Says pending changes and needs to restart Tried logging into my Ubuntu partition and virus scanning None found Tried copying Reg Files from Regback into config while I was in Linux Tried to Repair Install But I can't log into Windows Tried to bootrec fixmbr fixbot RebuildBcd Which destroyed my dual boot linux grub but I was desperate And still nothing Interestingly though after I do RebuildBcd command it says something like quot Found Windows Installations quot Tried to System Restore Gave me an Error wouldn't you know At this point I'm not to confident that this can be fixed If anyone has any ideas I'm willing to try Or if you have any snazzy suggestions on how I could fix it using another computer I have a different Windows Pro x computer that I can put the HD in if there's someway I can save my data fix it repair install from there I just don't know how Edit I finished the chkdsk and there were no bad sectors though it did give me a message quot Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status quot I did a Windows Defender Offline scan with no viruses and I'm currently scanning with Kaspersky Rescue disk I don't believe it is a virus I think it's a corrupt registry at this point I had just cleaned my registry with CCleaner before the shutdown that led to this gt lt Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Black Screen w/ Cursor After Windows Loading Screen

Do you have any external drives connected by usb? I had a similar problem, and found that I had to turn off the usb drives when I re-booted. I still do that whenever I re-boot for any reason.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/220859-black-screen-w-cursor-after-windows-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi guys Let me start off with the specs this is a custom build Windows Home Premium -bit OS Gigabyte GAH N-USB mobo Intel i - CPU GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR RAM TB RPM quot HDD MSI N GT-MD GD LP GeForce GT GPU Completely screen after logo, Windows blank login can't Slot-loading CD DVD RW optical drive Dell WFP Completely blank screen after Windows logo, can't login quot LCD monitor hooked up on DVI The problem I'm having is that on bootup everything looks fine and runs normally until the logon screen is supposed to come up After the initial Windows loading logo the screen goes completely black and then the monitor falls to sleep Nothing will wake it up and I can't connect via VNC either so I think the computer is hanging at that stage However in safe mode the logon screen comes up fine and I can login and everything works properly In device manager the graphics card shows up properly but when I go to the screen resolution settings it does not display the name of the card I have tried switching to VGA and that doesn't work My BIOS is set to PCIE graphics primary onboard graphics secondary The onboard graphics work properly if I disconnect the graphics card All the drivers for the graphics card are installed and were working before this started I have tried reinstalling the drivers but that didn't help The only thing that temporarily worked was to disconnect the graphics card uninstall the onboard graphics drivers and then restart and reconnect the graphics card However after I restarted a second time the problem reappeared and the screen went black after the logo I'm pretty much desperate here reinstalling the OS from scratch is going to be way too much of a hassle especially with the amount of applications I use Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks JGAN

A:Completely blank screen after Windows logo, can't login

Are you sure the dual monitor 'hook-up' is correct?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/294880-completely-blank-screen-after-windows-logo-cant-login.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi all I'm brand new here This is a new build from about System was rock solid until about a month ago when I had a weird string Windows screen boot Delay login between and logo of BSOD at login I went through a bunch of hoops and finally got the system back to normalish although I never really figured out what the problem was However since then I intermittently have a delay just before the login screen shows Most of the time it's fine when it's not it manifests as a black screen with just my Delay between Windows boot logo and login screen mouse pointer hanging out in the void This delay can be anywhere from seconds to minutes Any help is appreciated Let me know what additional info you might need from me Stuff I have done Updated all drivers for my hardware that aren't marked as beta there's a couple of those for my mobo Ran chkdsk no errors Ran sfc scannow no errors Changed my DNS server settings and disable IPv I forget what led me to believe that could be the culprit Took the overclock off my RAM I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things anyway thanks in advance for any help -Spall

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/393760-delay-between-windows-boot-logo-login-screen.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi all Yesterday I installed Windows pro on my system and everything went fine and I installed all programs screen logo after Black windows I usually use and last thing I installed was net framework Black screen after windows logo if I remember correctly PC was rebooted once or twice before all this to apply all previous installs updates and drivers etc After next reboot immediately after windows logo just when it needs to log in to account screen goes black - sometimes there's a cursor visible but mostly not I had to do several reboots via case button until it booted normally into windows Note - everything seems to work Black screen after windows logo fine as system fans and components are working If black screen happens I have no way to enter safe mode F doesn't work I can just reboot through case button I've searched solutions on microsoft site and also Black screen after windows logo googled and it seems it's a frequent problem After researching a bit I went into event viewer-windows logs-system and there is a consistent set of errors showing First I get yellow triangle warning saying amp amp quot The time service has set the time with offset xxxxxx seconds amp amp quot It's followed with some normal notifications and then errors which say system was shut down unexpectedly as I hard rebooted it Today when I managed to log in after several reboots I noticed it said time was am even though it was actually It fixed itself automatically as I saw after some minute There were some other yellow triangles at Event viewer-windows logs-application and several programs like explorer exe mmc exe AMD ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe AMD ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe wuauclt exe Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe rainmeter exe skydrive exe dwm exe taskhostex exe etc report this error cannot be restarted - Application SID does not match Conductor SID I had same windows version same hardware and all those programs installed before and never had this now I'm lucky to get windows to show Only thing I remember installing differently was newer version of amd CCC drivers Had before and now I have version Please advise me what to do

A:Black screen after windows logo

edit - deleted this post as I fixed formatting error.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/black-screen-after-windows-logo-992217.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hey guys,

Yesterday I was trying to install newer AMD drivers of all sorts of stuff, and it was bugging me because it was really difficult to install and was always stuck at "Installing AMD Display Driver". I tried to find fixes and people told me to use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to uninstall my drivers then install the new ones, but DDU wasn't working for me so I ended up manually uninstalling my drivers through Device Manager. Nothing happened but I still couldn't install my new drivers, so I eventually just shut off my laptop. Today, I turned it on and after the Windows logo, I just got a black screen and it just sat there forever until I forcefully shut it off. I'm guessing something happened to my graphics drivers while installing/uninstalling my drivers yesterday. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks, Mark

EDIT: I can't boot into Safe Mode either, same result :/

A:Black screen after Windows Logo

I used my Windows 8 installation disk to do a system restore, and thankfully DDU did actually make a restore point even though it wasn't functioning! Though it did say the system restore failed due to an error, after I pressed ok to the message, it randomly restarted the computer and normally booted into Windows 8, and said 'System Restore completed successfully.' Phew!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/67373-black-screen-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi i get black screen after i updated my gfx drivers wenn i went windows 7, it worked on vista if i didnt updated driver 4 gfx got a 8800gts tryed to update bios and still didnt worked dont now what to plz help

I suggest a system restore to get to a point before the troubles began. You may have to boot from the Windows DVD or repair disc to do so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/93897-black-screen-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello today i was working on the PC when the power with Black windows screen logo got down for a second i started the pc and the power blinked again so i just waited mins or so and i turned on the Black screen with windows logo pc again but this time it only got to the color balls that form the windows logo showed the quot please wait quot message with a black background to finally led me to a black screen with the windows ultimate logo on the bottom center a button with some accesibility options to the Black screen with windows logo left Black screen with windows logo and the red button to turn off and reset the machine i cant do anything more Ctrl Alt Supr doesn't work or the windows key R starting in safe mode doesn't change anything neither my specs are Intel core duo ghz gb RAM GB HDD geForce gt PS i didn't install or configure anything before the second time the power got down and after the first one the pc started fine

A:Black screen with windows logo

Anyone? please i need help!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/210247-black-screen-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 92.45%

now i think some where on this sight some one had asked about this but i cant find it so if they did sorry for the repeat but any way heres the problem

after the windows logo the screen shuts down and goses to sleep i can get in to safe mode and all the way in to windows with out the drivers i have tryed 2-3 diffrent drivers and it has done this with each one the video card is a ati safire (ya i know i cant spell) 9200 .... short of replacing the video card i'm running out of ideas having never seen this problem befor, is this just a bad video card i have made sure that it didint some how get set over that the screen was able to display

A:black screen after windows logo

NM figured it out it was a bad GPU messed me up sence this is the first card i seen that had no visual defects from going out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-windows-logo.81553/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello everyone I HELP!!! windows Please logo. after screen Black seem to have a problem with my vga at least thats what i think it is from reading many other posts I have just got a new mobo which was working fine until the other day when it started taking a good mins to load up So i tried to repair xp and then it would stop with mins remaining i managed to get around this problem by starting set up in debugging mode As always it created another problem with my services and dhcp would not start so i took the drastic action of backing up my stuff Black screen after windows logo. Please HELP!!! using crappy files amp settings transfer wizard After that i done a full format and re-installed xp It resolved the problems with the services not Black screen after windows logo. Please HELP!!! starting the display was looking fine But yet again it created another problem i tried to transfer my files amp settings which would work but the display would be very patchy like with no icons in start menu or Black screen after windows logo. Please HELP!!! my documents i downloaded the latest driver for my graphics card ATI Radeon and installed it which seemed to install ok as there were no error messages Re-started the pc hoping it would sort the display out but instead it would load the windows logo with the progress bar and then when i should be seeing the welcome screen it just goes blank with only the mouse cursor visble my hdd led is on and appears to be loading stuff but no matter how long i leave it it will not show anything As the mobo has onboard graphics i removed my ati card and tried with the on board display and still getting the same problem i have tried booting in safe mode vga mode debugging mode and last known config but still it does nothing i have also tried doing a chkdsk using recovery console and it freezes at I am currently trying another repair but i dont hold out much hope if anyone can help me i would really appriecate it as i am very tempted to throw the damn thing out of the window Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Black screen after windows logo. Please HELP!!!

what are the temps in the bios, pls list full computer specs here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-windows-logo-please-help.534314/
Relevancy 92.45%

In system restore there is two users but i don't know the passwords i never get one to begin with.

Black screen after logo

please help

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/75846-windows-8-1-black-screen-after-logo.html
Relevancy 92.45%

So, my girlfriends laptop takes AGES to boot, but it boots fine in safe mode, which rules out the possibility of the HDD failing. It goes to the Windows logo, then goes black, the mouse works fine - you can see it moving about but it doesn't go further than that, no sounds are made etc..

Things I've tried:

-chkdsk
-bootrec.exe /fixmbr & /fixboot
-last known config
-sfc
-tons of spyware/malware removal etc
-sifted through the Windows folder for any weird/unrecognizable files
-turned almost everything off in the msconfig startup tab

I reallllly want to avoid re-formatting but if that's the only option left then it'll have to be done!

Anything else I can try?

Thanks!

A:Black Screen After Windows 7 Logo?

What make and model is her laptop?
Are all the drivers up to date. Check in Device Manager for warnings.
What OS is your girlfriends computer running?
Have you tried disabling all items in msconfig?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-after-windows-7-logo-557859.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545. Just took it out of the box, it comes loaded with Windows Vista. When i started it up it booted really fast all the way up until the round windows logo with the little sound, then the screen goes black and just sits there for about 3 minutes with the mouse showing, and then it finished loading like normal.

I can't seem to figure out whats causing it. Any ideas?

A:Screen goes black after Windows Logo

it is checking the system components at that time.
One of them isn't answering but it knows it is there so it keeps trying.
If u just got it, call Dell.
u can check ur device manager to see if there is anything showing a problem or not listed that should be.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-goes-black-after-windows-logo.850186/
Relevancy 92.45%

Every time I turn on my computer I logo screen Black after Windows get a hanging black screen and sometimes the BSOD Just now I turned it on waited for the black screen for some time then pressed ctrl alt del and got a bsod some secs after that Now it has performed the startup repair the problem details are as follows problem event name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Black screen after Windows logo Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature XF OS Version Locale ID It says that the Startup Repair cannot repair the computer automatically Help really appreciated Oh and I can turn it on in safe mode EDIT It appears that I cannot get into safe mode either although previously I could have I get the BSOD even when I try to boot in safe mode The last file it tries to load in safe mode is avgidshx sys then I get a black screen OMG i got to the welcome screen just now safe mode with command prompt

A:Black screen after Windows logo

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

In Safe Mode with Command Prompt type in cmd in the Search programs and files.cmd will appear in Programs above, right click on it, then click on Run as administrator.   
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, enter the password, or click Allow.  
A page similar to the one below will open.
Type in sfc /scannow and then press Enter to start the scan.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491166/black-screen-after-windows-logo/
Relevancy 92.45%

I'm not getting the blue screen of death anymore, just a black screen after the windows logo. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance?

- Eternally Pierced​

A:Black Screen After Windows Logo

Try safemode to determine if windows is loading or not.
If it is, set bios to default values and disconnect everything except the video card and bootdrive.
If that solves it, connect things one at a time.

If windows doesn't load, reste bios and try again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-windows-logo.760006/
Relevancy 92.45%

Here we go My laptop is hp-dv - tx with ATI and intel hd switchable graphics Recently my laptop started giving me a black screen after the windows logo I was having some issues with my GPUs too Issues with GPU Sometimes my ATI card was not coming up in the device manager and i was only using intel HD i have noticed that when that happens i can't see my the Black screen after windows logo. laptop charging icon changes to plugged in mode even though i plug in the charger but the laptop was of course charging perfectly But recently i found my ATI card back in device manager and it was working pretty well But after exactly a week I started getting some white lines appearing in the display too Issue of black screen With that knowledge i assumed Black screen after the windows logo. that the black screen issue is a counter-product of the GPU issue Black screen after the windows logo. I used safemode to uninstall all the GPU drivers Then i can log into windows and work normally and windows detects the GPUs and install the plug and play drivers After they install it i can restart the pc and work normally But once a shut this down and later when i try to switch it on i get the black screen issue from ground zero that makes me believe that this is mere a software issue But those white lines i mentioned about is due to hardware fault i guess I don't know what to do right now I don't want ATI graphics intel HD is ok i just want to switch this thing on and do my work coz i can't afford another laptop right now Please help me to resolve this issue Thank you in advance

A:Black screen after the windows logo.

Hello and welcome Schintoff now I am no expert by any stretch but you could try and run a scannow as a first step

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/277558-black-screen-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello,
So recently I formatted my laptop and installed graphic drivers, once I do and restart, after windows starting thing, the screen goes black. Only when i go to safe mode and disable 1 graphic druver it works.
My graphic drivers are AMD and Intel. Now I installed Intel, and its fine, but when I install AMD, after restart screen goes black. Please help me
My specs:-http://i.imgur.com/tZG4pJu.png

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/380458-screen-goes-black-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I am trying to install a new operating system. I have Windows XP Professional on one partition, I deleted it to install Windows XP Essential. When the CD asks me to reboot the PC so it can finish the installation the screen goes black. Now after a while I get a blue screen saying that Windows XP is checking a disk for consistancy. When it finishes the screen freezes and nothing else happens.

Relevancy 92.45%

Hi there
My xp PC won't boot up. It gets as far as the Windows logo and then goes black and stays there. If I force a shutdown by holding down the power button I can boot up in safe-mode, or I can choose the option to boot using the last known good configuration, in which case everything works normally until I shut-down and restart again.

I tried a diagnostic startup but no improvement.

I've done a full virus scan.

I downloaded a copy of HDHacker and backed up the boot records with a view to running FIXMBR. But first I wanted to check with someone who knows what they're doing that this would be a good idea, and that I might be on the right track, or suggest a better option

Thanks in advance

How long would you typically wait? Try letting it sit for an hour at the black screen. Also, does ctrl+alt+del work or do you see a mouse cursor?

If that is the only account you have, try making a new temporary one and see if that will change anything.

You can also try running Process Monitor to provide us a log of the boot-up proces. There is an option to have it run at boot-up to record boot process. You'll need to set it up for this, which can be done by:

1. First, go to File then Backing Files... and instead of having it use pagefile have it log everything directly to an actual file. Name it as you wish in the directory you want.

2. Go to Options then Enable Boot Logging.

Restart the computer and let it boot up normally. Let it sit at the black screen for a bit. If you do not hear your PC chugging at all or see the disk activity light on the front of the PC flashing, then restart then go back into safe mode and open up the file with Process Monitor. Go to file then Save As and save it as another file (default options are ok), zip it up and send it to us.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-after-windows-logo-598871.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello Basically my Black Logo After Windows Screen laptop was working fine last night I turn it on this morning and after the windows logo appears the screen goes black However i can see and move the mouse cursor still I tried pressing f at the beginning of the start up and tred to repair my problem using the windows repair features but it didn't work annoyingly i forgot to set a restore point as well so i can't try that When Black Screen After Windows Logo i go into safe mode the exact same thing happens but with the mouse being slightly more pixelated and blocky I've got a Windows Premium bit disk which i purchased from Windows but when i load that up it tells me that to install it i need to log into windows which i obviously can't I'm using a HP G - EM i've had it for just over months Annoyingly exactly a week after the warranty is void and like i mentioned i've been using Windows premium bit for the past months Thankyou in advance

The loading of drivers and programs continue after the logo screen, so I would guess that one of them is delaying the boot during the "black" phase. Go into msconfig and disable everything on the Startup tab, after selecting the Selective startup on the General tab. If that makes a difference, then reenable the startup items one at a time, until you have pinpointed the problem. There are startup items that are not listed in msconfig, so you might find it useful to try using StartupCPL, which is freeware that you can download.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/55146-black-screen-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi all.

I'am running windows 7 professional. When i boot the PC, i have no trouble up to the point of the windows logo. When this disappears my screen (SyncMaster 913n) keep displaying the text "optimal screen resolution is 1280x1024 60 hertz" and then i dont see anything else than that. Even if i change the screen resolution to 800x600 i get the message.

My GFX is 8800 Geforce GT with the drivers 285.62 (64Bit) same issue.
Everything was working fine earlier today, then after a reboot i got this issue.

The computer is a clean re-install so can their be missing some drivers besides the GT 8800 that can make the problem?

Thanks on advance.

Edit.
I'am currently trying to download the SP1 and will install this to see if this will solve anything, but i have my doubts.

A:black screen after windows logo

Question if I may.
What did you do, or what happened immediately before you rebooted ?
This could be very relevant.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/198134-black-screen-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 92.45%

When I turn on the computer, I get to the windows logo screen and then my monitor light flicks off and on for a second and the screen goes black with just the white arrow cursor. This started after two attempts at repairing windows earlier today when it refused to boot up past the logo screen. After about 15 minutes, the "windows is starting" screen comes up and then the "Welcome" screen. After that it hangs up. I have tried booting in safe mode, vga mode, hit my head on the wall mode and nothing works. I tried searching online, but can't find a solution that works for this scenario.

I would appreciate any help you can give me!

try a full install of windows xp. you said you tried repairing.. i would say it is time tor reinstall then.

wipe it clean and start over

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-windows-logo.30419/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello everybody. I am a newbie at this so please give me some credit i have recently installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 on my XP machine. Prior to this, I uninstalled other antivirus programs (avast!, ad-aware, nod32). After installing Kaspersky and updating the virus list, the software demanded the machine to be restarted. So i did. After the Windows logo now, the screen goes black. I tried to restore to a previous checkpoint but nothing happend. Any ideas?

PS try to keep your reply, if any, free of difficult technical terms. i would appriciate it

A:Black Screen after windows logo

Hello PavlosCy

What happened when you tried System Restore? Did you get an error message?
Did you try it in the following way?

Boot into Safe Mode Options Screen (the one with Last Known Good Configuration on it) by pressing F8 at bootup and choose
'Safe mode with command prompt'

At the command prompt type
C:\Windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Hopefully this will open System Restore, so restore to before the problem started
http://bertk.mvps.org/

If it still won`t work try the following
Configure your PC to boot from CD if it isn't already set up that way. You may need to enter the BIOS to configure the PC to boot from the CD.
Set the boot order to
Floppy (if present)
CDROM
Hard Disk
SAVE and EXIT

Start your PC with the XP Setup CD in the drive. When you see the "Press any key to boot from CD..." prompt, do so and let the CD-based boot process begin.

When the Recovery Console option is offered ("Press R to start the Recovery Console"), do so. You may be asked which Windows installation to enter, in which case type the number of the Windows installation you wish to work on (usually "1").

When prompted, enter the Administrator's password for that Windows installation. If you did not set a password just press ENTER

At the command prompt, type
Bootcfg /Rebuild
ENTER

The exact wording will depend on your setup, but after a few moments you'll see a prompt that says something like:
Total Identified Windows Installs: 1
[1] C:\Windows
Add Installation To Boot List?

Assuming the information you see is correct, enter
Y
Bootcfg will start the process of rebuilding the boot list to include the indicated Windows installation

After a moment, you'll be asked to "Enter Load Identifier."
This is the name of the operating system that will appear in boot menus.
Type
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
or
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
(whichever your system is)
ENTER
Next you'll be asked to "Enter OS Load Options."
For normal installations, enter
/Fastdetect
ENTER

Type
Exit
to leave the Recovery Console and reboot the PC

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-windows-logo-471000.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello guys I have an Intel motherboard when I connect vga cable to interragded vga of pc there's no problem but when I install my graphic card and connect vga cable to it the screen turn to black after windows 7 logo
So what should I do to fix this ?
And thanks

Try loading defaults in BIOS. And then try disabling on-board from BIOS.

Can you get the mouse to that screen? Try moving mouse to extreme right and then left.
Possible the logon screen is still on the now not-attached display.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/374510-black-screen-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello I usually don t ask for help as I seem to get most of the issues fixed myself but this one is over my head To begin with these Logo Screen Black Windows After XP are my specs Motherboard ASUS M N rev g Processor AMD Athlon LE- MHz HDD WD Caviar Blue Gb Power Supply Delux W Graphic Card Nvidia GeForce LE M RAM DDR- MHz Kingston Now Windows XP Black Screen After Logo Friday there was the cleaning lady in the office and unplugged the PC while it was started I left it like that until Monday and in the morning it didn t start It starts normally Windows logo appears it is loading and after that it hangs on a black screen with no mouse cursor I tried - Replacing RAM - Replacing Power Supply - Replacing Video Card - Install Repair of Windows XP with Original Disk - Ran CHKDSK r from recovery console - Tried fixboot fixmbr from recovery console - Scanned The Whole Filesystem with Kaspersky Rescue Disk - I tried replacing the HDD with a new one did a fresh install of windows XP and it works Now I can t afford to lose data so fresh install is not an option It doesn t start in safe mode not in VGA mode not in debugging mode I have resources I just need an idea on what to do from here Please help Thanks nbsp

A:Windows XP Black Screen After Logo

If this is too elementary, let me know... Just not sure how basic you need the help to be.

I doubt all the hardware changes were required.
I suspect you "simply" ended up with a damaged windows installation from the loss of power.
(Hence the advisability of a UPS.)
With any luck you can still recover most of your data...
any files open at the time of power loss are likely damaged.

You have replaced the hard-drive and (re) installed windows on the new drive.

Your old drive is now out of the machine?
Or did you slave it and leave it in the machine?

If it is out of the machine, you can do the same with a USB enclosure for it.

From the new boot disk... boot,
and try to use Window's explorer to look at the old drive: Can you find files?
If so, transfer them to the new drive.
After you transfer your files, you can reinitialize the old hard drive, and...
either install it (for example) as a data-drive,
or use it as a usb drive for back-ups.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-black-screen-after-logo.154001/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi there,

I recently got a blue screen and after turning it back on, I've got a black screen after the windows logo appears. I can move the mouse but that is about it.

Has anyone had this problem or know how the fix it?

It's an Acer E1-571

Thanks

After you get to the stage when you see just the black background and the cursor:

Press 1 (one) time CTR+ALT+DEL
On the Window that opens, select New>Task
On the new Window, navigate into C:\Windows and find explorer.
Select it and click OK.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/127323-black-screen-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 92.45%

My mom's computer has Windows XP, and I have been searching all over the internet for a solution to the problem she is having, I have got nothing so far.

The computer gets to the Windows loading screen, and will go to a black screen. It will not boot in any modes, safe mode, vga mode, last known good configuration. Nothing works. When I try loading it in safe mode It will start running down the file list and stop at one (C:\windows\system32\mup.sys).

I tried to go to repair with the disk and tried the chkdsk /r and it said it found one or more volume errors but were corrected, but it didn't help the problem.

I really don't know if anything was happening odd before or after this happened because it is my mom's computer and she just says it was normal up to now. Any info you guys have is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ashley

If you have a XP CD for this computer you follow this to repair your XP.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...nostart.mspx#6

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-windows-logo-505046.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Howdy friends My PC specs ASUS M A L-M USB Mobo AMD FX CPU after windows screen Black logo Corsair Vengeance GB DDR Crucial MX - GB SSD Seagate GB GB HDD ATI Radeon HD GB GPU Cooler Master W PSU So today morning when I turned on my computer after the windows logo the screen went black No cursor nothing I have not added any hardware to my PC recently I tried logging into Safe Mode and was able to do so I did a system restore and then Black screen after windows logo was able Black screen after windows logo to boot without any issues However when I restarted it again got stuck post that Windows Logo screen I uninstalled my display driver and was able to login normally After the driver installed on it's own I restarted and it got stuck again Then I unplugged the VGA cable from my PCI GPU and plugged it into my onboard graphics port I changed the primary graphics adapter in the BIOS and was able to login without Black screen after windows logo any issues I downloaded the onboard graphics driver from ASUS website AMD Catalyst and when I restarted I got a BSOD and it went into a loop of restarting gt BSOD gt restart I have attempted startup repair system restore but nothing seems to work I can however intermittently login without any problem But out of times I am getting stuck past the Windows Logo screen Logs from event viewer - The DHCP Client service depends on the Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning ------------------------------------------------------------- The DNS Client service depends on the NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning ----------------------------------------------------------------- The TCP IP NetBIOS Helper service depends on the Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Network Store Interface Service service depends on the NSI proxy service driver service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning ------------------------------------------------------------------- The Network Location Awareness service depends on the Network Store Interface Service service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start ----------------------------------------------------------------- The Workstation service depends on the Network Store Interface Service service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start ----------------------------------------------------------------- Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected --------------------------------------------------------------- DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments quot quot in order to run the server D C F-AC - F F-BEB - C C CE -------------------------------------------------------------- The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load aswKbd aswRvrt aswSnx aswSP aswVmm discache ESProtectionDriver spldr Wanarpv ------------------------------------------------------------------------- The server AD EDBCA- - B- E -C D B E C did not register with DCOM within the required timeout ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered ------------------------------------------------------... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/401880-black-screen-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 92.02%

The other night I was on my computer when some strange things began to happen Any program I tried to open would not open and then the shortcuts on my desktop changed icons to the folder icon and the text dissapeared I couldn t do anything so I just figured it was some freak bug or something I couldn t run any spyware or virus programs because it wouldn t let me open any programs the stops logo with XP loading xp blue on screen Windows So I try to shut it down and Windows XP stops loading on blue screen with the xp logo no matter how many times I clicked on shut down I still had to hold the button in to shut it off Now when I restart my computer it seems to load just fine but when it gets to the blue screen with the windows xp logo on it it just stops The mouse cursor is there and I can move it but it never gets past the blue screen I tired loading it in safe mode and it loads all the files up through mup sys which I have learned is the last file that loads so it is something after that I have tried to start it using the last good configuration and still no luck Any ideas Do you think it is spyware virus or just a corrupt Windows XP stops loading on blue screen with the xp logo system file nbsp

Relevancy 92.02%

Today I decided to do a system restore on my HP desktop computer It was running painfully slow to many un-needed programs etc So I backed up all the files that I needed to keep and save to my external hard drive The computer did not come with an operating disk so the only way I could get it back to sorta normal is to do the system restore After I backed up all my files I restarted the computer and pressed F or cant remember the one for system recovery restore About seconds into the restore recovery thing I accidentally hit the power switch under the table When I turned the computer back on I presses the F button again and this time made sure nothing bad happened After it completed its task I clicked OK and restarted the computer It seemed to be starting up screen. start up XP loading restart Windows logo after just fine until it restarted right Windows restart after XP logo loading start up screen. after the XP logo loading screen where the little blue bars go across the screen The computer keeps restarting after that phase Does Windows restart after XP logo loading start up screen. this mean that it is totally trashed or is there a way to fix this Or will I have to go out and buy an OS for it and re-install nbsp

Relevancy 92.02%

Hi everybody I'm kinda desperate with that problem i hope you can help me I installed Win Pro everything fine i installed some programs and the latest drivers from Nvidia i ran windows update so i rebooted bios screen was right and then it appeared the win screen with the window and the circle looping and right after that login GTX Pro screen 550 Black in Windows Screen 8 32. while i had to be in the login screen i just get a black but stuttering screen where i only can see the mouse pointer I restart in safe mode uninstall the Ti then i can reboot whithout problem Win detects the card and autoinstall the latest drivers and eveything is fine again and i'm able to play whatever i want until i have to reboot or shutdown again I need to uninstall the card from the device manager everytime i reboot if i want to have the chance of login again Apart from this everything runs fine So it Black Screen in login screen Windows 8 Pro 32. GTX 550 looks like the card works right but there is a problem with the quot welcome quot and login screen It's weird and frustrating and i would appreciate any help

A:Black Screen in login screen Windows 8 Pro 32. GTX 550

The BIOS on your system dates from 2007. I'd have to wonder if this system is compatible with Windows 8

Many of your storage controller drivers date from 2008 and earlier - I'd have to wonder about those that are involved in any crashes, but there are no memory dump files to examine.

Lot's of errors about services not starting and Windows Updates not installing - but I don't speak Spanish so I can't be sure about the details. I must ask if this is a legal copy of Windows - as illegal copies have many of these same symptoms - and fixing them isn't something that we can do here.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/16362-black-screen-login-screen-windows-8-pro-32-gtx-550-a.html
Relevancy 91.59%

My friend has a dell inspiron laptop which came with windows 8 in it. he has recently updated it to Windows 8.1 and  after restarting it , then onwards problem started where in only black screen appears. Cursor shows up after waiting a long long time,
but waiting even for hours for windows logo it never showed up. Please tell me some solution

He does not have any recovery discs, no windows os file. Now tell me a solution without these things needed.
Model: inspiron 15R7520

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ba4a5ff-304a-482e-9374-ead326a38448/display-just-shows-black-screen-after-showing-the-dell-logo-screen?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello,

I recently installed drivers for my tascam us-144 on laptop running Windows 8.1. It worked for a while but sometimes the screen freezes and I have to do a hard reset. It would boot back on, but it would still randomly freeze and I would have to do another hard reset.

Just last night, when it froze again, I did another hard reset but now it just shows a black screen after the boot logo. I think it was the tascam drivers that messed it up, but when I try to go into safe mode to remove it, it still does the same thing.

Any help?
(Sorry if I posted in the wrong board.)

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/41936-i-get-black-screen-after-boot-logo-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello there! I'm having an issue with one of my windows Vista systems. It's a HP computer (blah, I know)... and is several years old. It's issue of late occurs on start-up. After attempting to "Start windows normally", the system will display the load screen then immediately go to a black screen. It doesn't restart... it just stays black. I've tried to go into Safe Mode as well as do a system restore and go to the last known good config. Nothing works. The problem is there is over 200 gb worth of work, school and personal files on this system I need to export to my external hd. After that I don't care what happens to this freakin computer.

If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Edit: It's a x86 Windows Vista Home Premium OS.

A:Black screen after windows vista logo

Welcome

Please go through this tutorial: Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console

Let us know if it helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271487-black-screen-after-windows-vista-logo.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I have a problem booting Windows 7, after I press power button, it gets to the first (OEM) screen, then after it just goes black and stays like that forever. If I press ctrl+alt+del while it's black, it just restarts and same thing happens again. I tried booting from Windows 7 DVD, and using system recovery/repair but it doesnt help. I also made a new boot record using bcdedit commands in recovery console but it still won't work. What can I do?

A:Can't boot Windows 7, black screen before logo

hi
you using physical maching , or try this OS as vm ?
i beleive this case caused by improper graphic Card .

did your machine face microsft prerequirties or recommended specifications .

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dd353271.aspx
Regards
Youda Martziano

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-boot-windows-7-black-screen-before-logo.836275/
Relevancy 91.16%

I did Not install anything or change ANY screen resolution or something, I Just did a Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware scan, I have the virus worm.win32.skynet and i thought Malwarebytes' could get it out, the scan finished and I had to restart my comp, And so i DId and then all of a sudden Booting into Windows Normally had my screen stuck on a black screen after the Windows Logo Displayed, I tried EVERY Safe Mode and it would just pause and stop loading while it was TRYING to get into Safe Mode
I do not have a Laptop, I have a Dell. I cannot really buy anything at the moment.. So PLEASE Help me D:.. Im good with computers but I can't solve this problem and my family is laughing at me thinking I suck now

Thank You,
Luiza

A:Computer has a black screen after Windows Logo

Do you have the Dell XP CD that should have come with the computer? If yes, pop it in the tray and set the boot option to CD first and then see if it offers you any options other than taking the system back to the factory settings - that's the one you don't want. If it offers you a Command Prompt, try FIXMBR and FIXBOOT to see if they help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-has-a-black-screen-after-windows-logo.888715/
Relevancy 91.16%

A black screen keeps coming on after the windows startup logo. When I disable my IntelhHD graphic driver everything goes normal, but with it it won't let me use regular mode except safe mode.
It would be grateful if you guys could help me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/380178-black-screen-after-windows-startup-logo.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello there! I'm having an issue with one of my windows Vista systems. It's a HP computer (blah, I know)... and is several years old. It's issue of late occurs on start-up. After attempting to "Start windows normally", the system will display the load screen then immediately go to a black screen. It doesn't restart... it just stays black. I've tried to go into Safe Mode as well as do a system restore and go to the last known good config. Nothing works. The problem is there is over 200 gb worth of work, school and personal files on this system I need to export to my external hd. After that I don't care what happens to this freakin computer.

If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Edit: It's a x86 Windows Vista Home Premium OS.

A:Black screen after windows vista logo

Try booting from your CD and choose repair..

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/299210-black-screen-after-windows-vista-logo.html
Relevancy 91.16%

my screen also goes blank after the windows logo display, i have tried restarting, starting in safe mode and the monitor continues to remain black after the windows logo. When i restart in safe mode my computer shows files in ms dos and appears to crash. I changed my display settings and can't get back on to my normal desktop. i cannot get back on to change my settings. i have also tried to start at last known save point and this neither doesn't work. I went into bios and switched my display adapter to the onboard card, still no luck. I don't think there is a motherboard problem like my last comp, but I can't logon to switch the display settings, once I get to the logon on screen, my display goes black. cheers 4 help.

System:
xp pro
celeronD 3.3ghz
512mb ram
100gb hd
(video card) radeon9200 128mb

A:Windows Logo Shows Then Screen Goes Black

Can you get into Safe Mode? To do this, try tapping the F8 key repeatedly just before the Windows splash screen shows up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/155874/windows-logo-shows-then-screen-goes-black/
Relevancy 91.16%

THIS IS RESOLVED NOW after Sigh, screen windows Black logo. Check my last post if you are at all curious as to the cause Sigh Black screen Sigh, Black screen after windows logo. after windows logo ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hey all first of all sorry if this is in the wrong forum I don't know what exactly is causing the issue so I am not sure yet where to place this post So last night I turned off my PC as usual Rebooted it this morning and every time the Windows Logo disappears all I Sigh, Black screen after windows logo. see is a black screen no mouse pointer cant bring up task manager the pc seems unresponsive I am currently running the PC in safe mode There are other threads on the forums and on google I have tried everything so far As a list for you this is what I have tried Windows Restore Windows Repair Reinstalling Windows will not allow me to do so from safe mode Booting Windows in low resolution mode Booting windows from the Win CD I made this causes me to get past the windows logo then all I see is a mouse pointer Sigh, Black screen after windows logo. and a windows background Using winkey P does nothing I have GeForce GX s - I use displays normally occasionally using a third The machine was running fine last night and no new software has been installed for the past days I assume the issue is multi-display related however the pc is totally non responsive after the windows logo which suggests something else I am totally at a loss and need this PC for my work I work from home in Austria for several companies in other countries I have been at this since about am and hours later there has been no change

A:Sigh, Black screen after windows logo.

Have you tried only running with one video card and monitor and seeing if you can get it to work properly like that? I'm not sure what the next step after that would be but that would seem like a good place to start. And if it worked, at least you'd have better access to your system back and perhaps you could start adding things back to try to isolate what exactly is causing the problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/35060-sigh-black-screen-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello! So recently I've been dealing with a lot of malware/trojans on my laptop, in any case after a scan/cleaning with adwcleaner and a restart the computer no longer boots, it sits up to the windows boot logo and afterwards is only a black screen (with movable cursor) 
So far I've attempted to run all versions of Safemode, same result. 
ANY help would be greatly appreciated, I do have sensitive information on the HDD so formatting isn't really an option I'd like to explore at this point in time.
Thank you

A:Infinite black screen after Windows logo

Try to boot a Live Linux distro from a flashdrive or CD. If successful, that would definitely indicate HDD problems. You should also be able to retrieve your "sensitive information" from that drive before re-formatting.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545270/infinite-black-screen-after-windows-logo/
Relevancy 91.16%

My desktop will load up to the windows logo and then go to a black screen. I believe it is a driver issue but I cannot get into windows to update them.
Things I have tried myself to resolve this issue.
- Use different VGA cable
- Use my onboard GPU to load into windows (problem persists)
- Load in through safe mode, on two different monitors (get message: input timing error)
Anybody ever deal with this? I can't seem to find any other options.

A:Load up to windows logo and then black screen

What hardware? Make make/model? what's the os?

Thanks, and welcome.

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/load-up-to-windows-logo-and-then-black-screen.1143635/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi,

I've been running Vista for a few months now without much complaint until recently. After booting, the green loading bar is followed by the windows logo before the screen flickers several dark colors and then produces a black screen with a movable cursor. The hard drive light remains unlit after the black screen. Running in safe mode gives the same result. I do not have a repair disk and I would rather not wipe the hard drive with a factory default disk as I have important data on my hard disk.

I am running Toshiba Satellite with an Intel Core™2 Duo Processor T5550, 2 GB RAM and an ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3470 - 256 MB

I've been trying to restore my pc for a few days now with no luck. HELP!

Thanks

A:Black Screen and Cursor after windows logo

Originally Posted by revor

Hi,

I've been running Vista for a few months now without much complaint until recently. After booting, the green loading bar is followed by the windows logo before the screen flickers several dark colors and then produces a black screen with a movable cursor. The hard drive light remains unlit after the black screen. Running in safe mode gives the same result. I do not have a repair disk and I would rather not wipe the harddrive as I have important data on my hard disk.

I am running Toshiba Satellite with an Intel Core?2 Duo Processor T5550, 2 GB RAM and an ATI Mobility Radeon? HD 3470 - 256 MB

I've been trying to restore my pc for a few days now with no luck. HELP!

Thanks

I`m no Vista PRO, but the first thing i would do is:

Run Vista Startup Repair, that can be found in the tutorials.
(It is quite easy, just boot from the CD, and Repair it.)

If this doesn`t work, try to boot in safe mode and then Backup your things.
(To run in Safe Mode, i use the method, turn on wait until the vista logo comes, then turn off by the button, so next time you boot, you can choose to Safe Mode)

Backup the computer by a External Drive. ( Don`t use DVDs, its a waste)

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/178603-black-screen-cursor-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello I've just recently encountered a problem with my pc I'm running Windows xp service pack on a machine with a p ghz proccessor gig ram and a GeForce GS video card After the bios screen the computer appears to load normally with the windows xp loading bar appearing but after this screen all I receive is Loading Screen Windows Black after Screen a black screen with a cursor I can move the cursor around however I can't access anything I also can't issue any commands from this screen I've tried loading last known good configuration to no avail I only get the same screen When I enter in safe mode I get the safe Black Screen after Windows Loading Screen mode text on the corners of the screen but still only a black screen and cursor When I enter in VGA mode all I get is a low res cursor icon I've booted from a windows recovery disk with the same results as a regular boot I quot ve also physically removed the video card and booted the machine without it to only have the same thing happen As far as what happened before this occurred I'm not exactly sure I know that my mom was attempted to install Norton anti-virus and she said after doing a reboot this is what happened Since then I can't get the pc to do anything else I don't know what else I could do to try to resolve this Any help would be greatly appreciated Please help

A:Black Screen after Windows Loading Screen

I would think, at this point, your best bet would be to do a repair install using a Windows XP install disc.

More information can be found here. .
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ps/doug92.mspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-windows-loading-screen-279869.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Windows XP service loading Screen xp screen goes after black Windows pack This happened after a scheduled chkdsk My screen stays completely black and doesn't let me choose a profile to log on to Screen goes black after Windows xp loading screen I went into safemode and did a scan under administrator with malwarebytes and spybot S amp D And I did find a BUNCH of trojans I couldnt find if I went onto my regular account Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Screen goes black after Windows xp loading screen Malwarebytes Free anti-malware anti-virus and spyware removal download Database version Windows Service Pack Safe Mode Internet Explorer PM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Full scan C Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Screen goes black after Windows xp loading screen Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon Userinit Hijack UserInit - gt Bad C WINDOWS system userinit exe C Windupdt winupdate exe Good userinit exe - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected c program files Cain Abel exe HackTool Cain - gt Not selected for removal c program files Cain Abel exe HackTool Cain - gt Not selected for removal c program files Cain Cain exe PUP Passwordtool Cain - gt Not selected for removal c system volume information restore c b -a b- - ab- e dfe RP A exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c system volume information restore c b -a b- - ab- e dfe RP A exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c system volume information restore c b -a b- - ab- e dfe RP A exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c system volume information restore c b -a b- - ab- e dfe RP A exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c system volume information restore c b -a b- - ab- e dfe RP A exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c system volume information restore c b -a b- - ab- e dfe RP A exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c system volume information restore c b -a b- - ab- e dfe RP A exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c system volume information restore c b -a b- - ab- e dfe RP A exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c system volume information restore c b -a b- - ab- e dfe RP A exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Cain and able is obviously mine But Aside from those I removed one that was a quot hijack intuit quot lt --- Hijacker tho I tried a system restore which restored the viruses back and I was able to log on again but with very slow performance And I'm not sure how or what to do to repair it Am I forced to format Thanks in advance

A:Screen goes black after Windows xp loading screen

hi,

follow this NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum and post the logs here Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-goes-black-after-windows-xp-loading-screen-594762.html
Relevancy 91.16%

My stats Win XP ECS k S A motherboard AMD ghz Radeon Pro PS w Envision -e quot flat screen I started screen black screen windows after loading getting a black screen after the windows loading screen about months ago So you understand the black screen is AFTER the windows splash screen not before At that time I was running Win ME and had a RAdeon mb DDR I can t say for sure but I black screen after windows loading screen think this started very soon after I got the RAdeon I could temporarily fix it by logging into safe mode then restarting I was having a motherboard problem at the same time where it would reset my bios settings about once a week So after about a month of the black screen issue I returned my motherboard for a new one same model and reformatted upgrading to XP Ok things go well for about a month then start getting the black screen I reformat XP again to fix it and it happens AGAIN So I went out and bought RAdeon Pro thinking the video card was to blame Just to note the HD light is not on when the black black screen after windows loading screen screen comes up also it does not eventually log me on it stays a black screen forcing me to restart manually on front of comp Radeon Pro did not fix it I have reformatted different times now and the black screen seems inevitable I have latest video drivers AGP drivers XP SP DirectX was doing it on dx as well Everyone tells me it s a driver issue but I m thinking it s the motherboard now I have a backup GeForce Mx I pop it in and it works flawless everytime Am I having a motherboard ATI conflict I had found a quick fix where I could just uninstall then reinstall the video drivers and it would boot up again but as of today that stopped working for me Please please please help me Thanks nbsp

A:black screen after windows loading screen

try using a lower resolution and a lower screen refresh rate on the graphics card
It's quite possible your monitor can't handle the higher settings.

This is very likely if everything works ok with a geforce 2mx 200 which has lower top resolution than a radeon 9000

Derek

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-windows-loading-screen.114752/
Relevancy 91.16%

When i boot up the computer it seems alright upon till the loading screen. u don't even get to see a loading screen it just goes black. Can i please get some advice on how to fix the computer with the windows disc. ive put it in and ran the boot up from cddrive. i just have no idia how to fix it from there lol. when i ran it in safe mode it stopped 5 lines down. plz help me out would really appreciate it =).

A:Black screen before windows loading screen

Which windows disc (Xp? Vista? another OS?)

Is this a laptop or PC?
Are you running an addon Video card (well this is PC only question)

We need to know more specifications about your computer to help you

At a guess I would suggest to run CheckDisk from your Windows CD on the Recovery Console ie chkdsk c: /f (Try that)

Oh and please put your System Specs information in your Profile

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-before-windows-loading-screen.114159/
Relevancy 91.16%

While browsing screen went black and audio froze loud high frequency repeating noise Restarted system and windows suggest to perform startup repair before loading Performed it but it says it cannot fix all errors Windows screen after screen Black windows loading will show the loading screen but Black screen after windows loading screen it never logs on screen turns black and keyboard lights are not responsive num etc Created a system repair disk on another computer ran Black screen after windows loading screen repair from there but it did not solve the problem I can enter windows in safe mode writing this from there No new hardware added or software installed before this happened My uninformed assumption is that the -year old SSD is failing What is the best route to take Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr x c Windows Product Key N A hr x c Windows Product Key Hash N A hr x c Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Volume MAK Windows OS version ID B ECC -E - -AE - A C D Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser N A hr x Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt B ECC -E - -AE - A C D lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -BBBBB lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt HP EliteBook w lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt SVD Ver F lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt E C C FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition run 'slui exe x a x C' to display the error text Error x C Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline x HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Not Registered - x c HealthStatus Bitmask Output HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash Current LgAAAAIAAQABAAEAAAAAAAAAAwABAAEAln cLAIRdxZa zopIH wkRKFGlkucw OEM Activation Data-- gt N A OEM Activation Data-- gt BIOS valid for OA yes but no SLIC table Windows marker version N A OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent N A BI... Read more

A:Black screen after windows loading screen

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
I would guess it would be a graphic's card driver if safe mode with networking is working.

Remove the graphic's card after uninstalling the driver
Connect using on board graphic's and see what happens.

Either way safe mode with networking uses minimal drivers and installed software
Post a uninstall a program screen shot here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389233-black-screen-after-windows-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello,

Recently, after one week of not being used, my computer has been giving me problems. After being turned on, the computer goes to the loading screen with the bar and loads but immediately after goes to a black screen. If booted in safe mode, the Welcome screen becomes unfocused and as the cursor is moved, the screen progressively becomes more so. I have never encountered this problem before and do not know what to do. Thanks a lot.

A:Black Screen after Windows Loading Screen

What kind of computer ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-windows-loading-screen-260510.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Just started happening last week on my friend's laptop It sticks on the loading screen for ages like minutes then just goes black without ever showing the login screen It's running Windows Home Premium bit Works in safe mode and have done a virus scan using AVG and couldn't find anything Done a memory check but that seems to be fine Tried updating windows in safe mode but the Windows Update won't open Tried doing a system restore but it failed Tried using sfc scannow in safremode but that said there was nothing wrong Tried disabling the graphics card but Screen loading after Windows Black screen. that didn't make a difference The computer didn't come with a windows cd so tried downloading quot Windows Home Premium x SP U media refresh quot Windows Direct Download Links and then doing a Repair Install using the this guide Repair Install but on step it says quot to upgrade you need to be running windows with service pack installed quot Any help would be much appreciated

A:Black Screen after Windows loading screen.

joshhunt,

See if any of these links are of help...

Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7&#63;

Windows 7 Black Screens of Death for Some AMD/ATI GPUs - Softpedia

windows 7 black screen after login, no desktop show up

Windows 7 Loads to a black screen. Whats the - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231195-black-screen-after-windows-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 91.16%

attach txt dds txt gmer txt So yea my screen goes black after the loading screen sometimes I had a c A blue screen or was it a And this all happened right after a scheduled CHKDSK And removing the infected files didn't help at all either I'm at a loss here Thanks in advance for the help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Administrator at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV avast antivirus VPS - Disabled Outdated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost goes loading Screen screen xp after black Windows exe -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe Pseudo HJT Report mStart Page hxxp www xfinity com cid xfactiv eg self main mWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast mURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll mWinlogon UIHost c program files tgtsoft stylexp logon CurrentLogon EXE mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE mRun BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent mRun Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE mRun TkBellExe quot c program files real realplayer update Screen goes black after Windows xp loading screen realsched exe quot -osboot mRun EKIJ StatusMonitor c windows system spool drivers w x EKIJ MUI exe mRun Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware quot c program files malwarebytes' anti-malware mbamgui exe quot starttray mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun openvpn-gui c program files ultravpn bin openvpn-gui exe mRun Memeo Instant Backup c program files memeo autobackup MemeoLauncher exe --silent --no ui mRun Seagate Dashboard c program files seagate seagate dashboard MemeoLauncher exe --silent --no ui mRun Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware reboot quot c program files malwarebytes' anti-malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscript StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup logite lnk - c program files logitech setpoint SetPoint exe IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE DPF Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file C WINDOWS Java classes xmldso cab TCP DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces CC E E-C - E-B - BB C C A DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces D AF- - -A E - B EE E DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces B CE -CB C- C -B FB- A F AB DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces F DF F F-C E- -BEC -C F DhcpNameServer Handler grooveLocalGWS - FED C-F CA- -A - CB B CD - c program files microsoft office office GrooveSystemServices dll Notify AtiExtEvent - Ati evxx dll Notify LBTWlgn - c program files common files logitech bluetooth LBTWlgn dll SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll SEH Groove GFS Stub Execution Hook b a f -dda - -b ba- e cd - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c documents and settings administrator application data mozilla firefox profiles n ffvd a default FF - prefs js browser search selectedEngine - Hotspot Shield Private Search FF - prefs js browser startup homepage - hxxp search hotspotshield com g c h FF - prefs js keyword URL - hxxp search hotspotshield com g results php c s amp q FF - component c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing mozillaaddon components hpClipBook dll FF - component c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing mozillaaddon components hpClipBookDB dll FF - component c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing mozillaaddon components hpNeoLogger dll FF - component c program fil... Read more

Relevancy 90.3%

My computer stopped connecting to wifi.  I decided to do a system reset.  Now the screen is black at start up and the hp logo just flashes on and off the screen.  I tried the BIOS update and that did not work either.  What else can I do before sending it in for repair.  I just bought it last November.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-on-start-up-hp-logo-flashes-on-and-off-screen/td-p/5650357
Relevancy 90.3%

I have my OS installed on my SSD. Sometimes when i power on my computer, after it shows the windows logo screen there will be a black screen with cursor for like 15-20 seconds before logon screen comes on. This doesnt always happen, i find it doing this most of the time if i had the pc off over night and power it on in the morning.

A:few seconds black screen with cursor after windows logo

It's not abnormal to have a black screen before the login screen. 15 to 20 seconds is a little long if you're using an SSD, but during that time Windows is loading drivers and all of the stuff in your system tray.

Have you got a lot of programs in your system tray? Or set to load at bootup? Try using msconfig and setting all of the startup programs to off, except your anti-virus and see if that speeds things up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368233-few-seconds-black-screen-cursor-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi everyone As the title suggests I'm getting a black screen after the windows logo appears At first there's no cursor but if I put the computer to Screen mode no after Black logo, Windows safe 8.1 sleep and turn it back on I get a cursor when it wakes up--still a Windows 8.1 Black Screen after logo, no safe mode black screen though Here are my specs CPU AMD Hexacore TRAM GB GSkills RipjawsMB Gigabyte GA- LMT USB GPU MB Integrated Radeon SeriesUnbootable Windows 8.1 Black Screen after logo, no safe mode HD Seagate TB Barracuda Windows Bootable HD year-old GB Hitachi Windows Here's how it went down I was watching HBOGo on Chrome then went to Windows 8.1 Black Screen after logo, no safe mode the Netflix Windows app don't judge my lethargic chain of events However Netflix immediately closed and wouldn't start I figured it was something with the graphics so I restarted my computer After the restart for some reason it ran Chkdsk on my other HD After running that it went through my normal startup and blacked out after the logo I ran a bootlog and found that dxgkrnl sys loads once then attempts to load another times and fails each time Other than that everything loads correctly Then I deleted some AMD stuff perhaps stupidly and I get more errors in the bootlog from AMD stuff I'd like to just clear all the AMD stuff and just have the bare Windows drivers load Here's what I've tried I've tried startup repair which attempts some fixes but fails I tried to enter Safe-mode and low graphics mode the computer simply launches into Automatic Startup Repair and fails after the Diagnosing PC dialogue Reset my BIOS removed CMOS battery I've let the computer sit on the black screen for hours to see if it was just hanging for a long time a lot of others have reported a temporary hang with the dxgkrnl sys error I've tried booting from a thumb drive with Windows on it so I can try to fix whatever is wrong Chkdsk and Seagate Seatools the hard drive is fine Nothing worksI really don't want to refresh my computer because I produce music and run statistical programming on my computer so countless programs will have to be reinstalled along with a myriad of settings that are not fun to set up However I do have another HD with Windows in my computer which I'm currently using Does anyone have any ideas on how I can possibly repair the graphics drivers from another HD I can access my unbootable HD and files from the current drive Is there anything I can do from this side of the windowpane Also does anyone have thoughts on how to get to safe mode or replace safe mode files Does anyone think I can just copy and paste my drivers and driverstore folders from my D drive to my currently innoperable C drive The hard drives are different but other than that everything else should be the same right Here's my most recent ntbtlog BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot system ntoskrnl exe BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot system hal dll BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot system kd dll BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot system mcupdate AuthenticAMD dll BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot System drivers werkernel sys BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot System drivers CLFS SYS BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot System drivers tm sys BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot system PSHED dll BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot system BOOTVID dll BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot system CI dll BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot System drivers msrpc sys BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot system drivers Wdf sys BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot system drivers WDFLDR SYS BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot System Drivers acpiex sys BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot System Drivers WppRecorder sys BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot System drivers ACPI sys BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot System drivers WMILIB SYS BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot System Drivers cng sys BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot System drivers msisadrv sys BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot System drivers pci sys BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot System drivers isapnp sys BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot System drivers vdrvroot sys BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoot system drivers pdc sys BOOTLOG LOADED SystemRoo... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562451/windows-81-black-screen-after-logo-no-safe-mode/
Relevancy 90.3%

When booting, my windows 8.1 is slow to do load. After windows logo, it goes to a black screen for around 10 secs, then it finally logs into the Start menu. I know this is not normal becasue I have seen the system boot faster in the past, but I don't know why its doing it now.

I have done a fresh install of windows 8 and update to 8.1.
I made to to have Fast Boot enabled
I have haswell, so I made to update to the latest graphics drivers by Intel
On a second note: I am triple booting: osx/linux/win with Chamelon boot loader. However, I doubt its an issue with triple boot because the black screen occurs AFTER windows logo, meaning windows has successfully loaded

A:Slow Boot Black Screen After Windows Logo

Hello Tcabin01,

Does your computer bios currently load in EUFI mode?

if so have you tried running in legacy? how to:

BIOS Mode - See if Windows Boot in UEFI or Legacy Mode

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Harry

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/43396-slow-boot-black-screen-after-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Since I moved my pc to a LAN-party it takes dozens of time to get the computer starting without a boot loop.

When it starts my pc screen goes on standby after the windows loading screen while Safe-mode works perfect.

Could it be hardware related? because I might have been staticly charged at the LAN-party since I felt electricity everytime I touched the metal of the case.

EDIT

my thoughts: 2 problems.
1. Bad power connection leading to boot loops (the orange light next to the power light doesn't work with boot loops)
2. Videocard issue leading to black screens and BSOD (atihmpag.sys) --> reinstalled the video card and it seems to work for now.

A:Boot loop and black screen after windows logo

If it can load into Safe Mode usually this means a driver issue.

Second, you should in no way be feeling anything electric through your case! Is the motherboard touching the case at all? Check the back. The standoffs should prevent this. Is somthing touching the motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-loop-and-black-screen-after-windows-logo.147753/
Relevancy 90.3%

I left my computer on over night on sunday, when i checked my computer late monday evening it just had a blank black screen on it. I rebooted the computer and it loads all the way to the winXP logo and then it displays this blank black screen with nothing on it. no sound no nothing. I tried starting "the last known good configuration" and the same thing occurs... i can start the computer in all 3 safe modes, but no other option works. i have no idea what to do. i didn't install any new software or hardware. any ideas?

A:blank black screen after windows logo on startup

Boot to safe mode, set your display for a generic vga, low resolution. Restart in standard mode, see if you get display. If so, start then, select correct display driver and try, step by step, to get back to where you were. If, somewhere along the line, you get the blank screen again, you should have an idea what happend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-black-screen-after-windows-logo-on-startup.561347/
Relevancy 90.3%

Since I moved my pc to a LAN-party it takes dozens of time to get the computer starting without a boot loop.

When it starts my pc screen goes on standby after the windows loading screen while Safe-mode works perfect.

Could it be hardware related? because I might have been staticly charged at the LAN-party since I felt electricity everytime I touched the metal of the case.

A:Boot loop and black screen after windows logo

It could be hardware related, so we can run some tests. I'm wondering why safe mode works fine.

First off, are you really using XP, or are you using Vista/7?

The first thing I would do is open up the case and check your connections. Pull out the RAM and seat it firmly, make sure the hard drive power and SATA cables are in tight.

Any cable you see, make sure it's in securely.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/boot-loop-and-black-screen-after-windows-logo-486202.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Here is the full story feel free to skip if you don't think it's necessary So my dad and I found a computer at a garage with Screen Windows mouse after responsive Logo Black sale that had a TB HDD and a better processor than our current one in our family Black Screen after Windows Logo with responsive mouse computer so we decided to get it and move our HDD to its motherboard and I install the TB HDD into Black Screen after Windows Logo with responsive mouse my computer So after we put the quot new quot computer together with pieces of our quot old quot one I make a USB version of a windows repair disk so that the OS will be able to update itself to the new hardware But for whatever reason this doesn't work and the OS doesn't want to boot it would keep freezing during the startup animation for the Windows Logo Anyways we mess around with it for a bit and decide we might as well just put our old computer back together So we do so and put all the parts in correctly etc etc So this is where the problem starts Now when we try to boot up the computer we see the full quot Starting Windows quot animation however it remains up there for WAY longer than usual at least a few minutes eventually it goes away and we are greeted with a black screen with a movable mouse and nothing else We tried waiting a few hours but that changes nothing I then tried booting into safe mode but I still couldn't get in I then went to the quot Repair quot section by pressing F before the computer booted and ran the first option I forget what it was called but it was something along the lines of a quot startup-analyzer quot that would find and remove and problems that happened during startup however that reported that there were no problems during startup and that everything was perfectly fine I then tried to restore from an earlier point however that just gave me the message that the restoration failed I then ran the memory diagnostics check and it showed that the ram was perfectly fine So then I opened up the terminal and found and went to the correct partition and ran chkdsk with the options f r That took a few hours however it claimed that there were bytes of data in corrupted sections and that everything was fine So now I'm left with a confusing problem Everything looks quot ok quot with the hardware as far as I'm aware and we attempted to not damage anything during the process of switching different computers so why isn't the operating system starting Does anyone have any ideas or fixes

A:Black Screen after Windows Logo with responsive mouse

Welcome to the forums, Magnus.

It's probably a driver remnant left over from installing the drive in the old (new) computer. When you moved the drive to that computer and attempted to boot with it a flag probably got set somehow, and now you have to find a way to get it right before the machine will boot.

Try this tutorial and see if it helps:

Make Windows 7 bootable after motherboard swap

And this one:

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/376676-black-screen-after-windows-logo-responsive-mouse.html
Relevancy 90.3%

So I had a few problems with my pc leading up to this When i played black after Windows shows logo Monitor screen a game my monitor would turn off Monitor shows black screen after Windows logo but my pc would stay on meaning i would have to force shutdown hold down the power button in order to turn it back on I recently cleaned my pc by removing dust from the gpu heatsink and fans plus I reapplied thermal paste to the gpu Things were working out fine for about a day until the problem happened again I guess i kept force shutting down since i really want to play and sometimes manage to get a game or two in to the point where my pc wont even start after the Windows logo shows up when booting up I need urgent help If anything helps my Graphics card is an nvidia geforce gt and usually hits c when gaming Yes its bad i get it but i need this back to work before my parents find out Tl dr - It shows a black screen with a white bar at the top after the windows logo shows loads up

A:Monitor shows black screen after Windows logo

Here's a video link to my problem click here

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/monitor-shows-black-screen-after-windows-logo-4597731/
Relevancy 90.3%

I have got a major problems with my Acer Aspire g laptop with both black BSOD logo looping screen windows and with windows bit and some of the software bit I cannot log in at all in to Windows in any way no f buttons is functioing no advanced BSOD and black screen looping with windows logo alternatives are in function any of them some BSOD and black screen looping with windows logo dvd's starts yet yet so slowly so anything happens other times it will be black screen BSOD and black screen looping with windows logo only with text wait until downloading for hours Or a windows blue screen without any login possibilities and the screen hungs up or is locked Every possible alternative way to start boot or repair or reinstalations are out of function So I have no ideas anymore to try to log in to windows bit and try to reinstall clean installation or repair But laptop is is looping between these screens BSOD and black screen with text wait or windows screen without login or windows logo and thats all then everything is frozen Now I would like to know if there is any hope to this laptop and software in it or what should I do I have burned at least different dvd's for possible solutions anything had helped Can you give me some advice what to do please THANKS and Looking forward to get your answer soon I hope

A:BSOD and black screen looping with windows logo

Hi and welcome to TSF please remove all power including the battery then hold down the power button for 30 to 45 seconds then plug in the ac adapter and try booting

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bsod-and-black-screen-looping-with-windows-logo-693597.html
Relevancy 90.3%

This isn't exactly a BSOD problem but it's a Windows failure nonetheless It has progressively been getting worse for months On my ThinkPad laptop I have been getting startup failures lately past months or so out of the laptop's -year life Everything is normal up until the quot Starting Windows quot page with the Black immediately Windows cursor screen with following logo shimmering four-color logo However after this disappears and before the logon screen the computer gets stuck at the black screen with the mouse cursor but no text of any kind and no spinning blue quot thinking quot circle next to the cursor The only way to get out of this is to do a hard shutdown and reboot The startup process NEVER gets frozen after the login Black screen with cursor immediately following Windows logo screen even though there is also Black screen with cursor immediately following Windows logo a black screen with a cursor at this point and Windows works normally at all other times At the beginning it would happen once every - weeks or so always on the first boot of the day and never during a restart always when booting quot from scratch quot Furthermore after powering down Windows would boot normally on the second try or occasionally on the third try As time went on it got to the point where sometimes I could not get into Windows unless I Black screen with cursor immediately following Windows logo performed a System Restore from within Safe Mode Windows has always been able to start in Safe Mode It did not matter what restore point I chose or if any programs or updates had been installed since the restore point--just the mere fact of having System Restore run seemed to fix the problem Just booting into Safe Mode and then shutting down quot cleanly quot without running System Restore did NOT work Within the last week or so it has gotten much worse Now on nearly every startup--including restarts--I get this problem and have to run System Restore to get to the login screen outside Safe Mode Yes this means that after restoring to a certain point then browsing the web or typing documents for a few hours then shutting down I would have to restore to that same point again for it to work Today after installing a bunch of desperately needed updates it got even worse--the next time I booted the machine even System Restore failed to fix the problem because the restore process would be interrupted every time by stalling at a black screen While in Safe Mode I read on this forum about the driver verifier and ran that--this required a reboot and this time it started up fine So to summarize Windows hangs on startup between the Windows logo and the login screen and has progressively been doing this more often The only solution is to quot poke quot Windows enough by restarting in different random ways until I find a way that it works Soon I know it will become so corrupted that I won't be able to start it outside Safe Mode at all Any help would be appreciated I should mention that the battery HAS lost more than half of its capacity However this problem is NOT circumvented by removing the battery and starting up with the computer plugged in--therefore I know that the problem isn't a critically low battery I also occasionally get quot Fan Error quot messages immediately on powering up the machine--however these are much rarer than the above

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/379933-black-screen-cursor-immediately-following-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi everyone Yesterday I wanted to install OS X Mavericks on my HDD It requires a primary partition so I decided to delete the MB system reserved partition that Windows automatically creates when you first install it I read this guide which explains how to transfer all the boot files from the system reserved partition to the partition where Windows is installed I followed all the steps with Black 8.1 screen cursor logo past Windows except for the last one When it says to do a Code reagentc enable I skipped it because when it first says to do Code reagentc disable the output of the program was quot reagentc was not enabled quot so why enable it if it was already disabled Later I will understand that maybe this was the source of all Black screen with cursor past Windows 8.1 logo future problems Then I rebooted and tried to delete that system partition from within Windows but of course it prevented me from doing that I booted gparted live and went on and deleted the partiton Now Windows would not boot and I did not have Windows disc to make a system repair So I put Windows disc and it managed to put boot files back it did not detect any windows installation but still managed to make Windows boot I forgot to say that I have another primary partition other than windows and it's a boot partition where GRUB is installed So I booted in linux and reconfigured GRUB to make it boot my Windows partition dev sda instead of the just deleted one dev sda I rebooted and Windows started fine Then I launched the Utility for creating and editing partitions because I wanted to reduce the main Windows partition and make space for Mavericks At this point Windows told me that the drive had problems and I had to do a chkdsk before resizing the partition I rebooted chkdsk finished and I got a Black Screen Of Death which told me that there were some problems with the partition but I could still press enter and go on Here I had a one-element list like the one you get when you press F at boot time The only entry was quot Windows Pro Recovered quot I pressed enter I went on and boot logo appeared Then it gets stuck on a black screen with the cursor and keyboard working actually I can move the pointer and put my laptop in standby and so on But no way Windows actually boots I can say I have tried everything I have now a Windows USB install and I tried fixmbr bootsect nt c bcdedit and so on but they failed Automatic repair fails as well and C Windows System Logfiles Srt Srttrail txt says that there are no errors Refresh does not work I run a Code chkdsk c r f but it says there are no bad clusters and it ends with quot failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status quot Anyway I can see all my files from the elevated command prompt I get with the USB with Windows on it so at least my files are safe I know I wrote a lot and my english is terrible but please do you have any suggestion Thank you EDIT SOLVED I formatted

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/47669-black-screen-cursor-past-windows-8-1-logo.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi I have a couple and Screen left-click after Black Windows Logo no W7: of problems with my Thinkpad T I hope I'm in the right section When I start Windows the screen just goes blank after the W7: Black Screen after Windows Logo and no left-click animated Windows logo when the login-screen should normally be appearing The hdd light keeps flashing but nothing happens no matter W7: Black Screen after Windows Logo and no left-click how long I wait Furthermore when I start Windows in Safe Mode the left-click isn't working with trackpoint and touchpad It is however working when I use a usb mouse Now before this happened I had installed a freeware grooveshark downloader which installed a bunch of adware along with it which I removed with malwarebytes and avast browser clean-up I noticed that the volume control buttons didn't work correctly all three were only muting and unmuting instead of in- or decreasing volume Also even before all this the on-screen prompots weren't appearing whenever I changed volume or screen brightness The last thing I did was install Windows-Update which might have involved Lenovo UltraNav and Display drivers not entirely sure I don't really know what to do now I'm doing a full malwarebytes-scan in safe mode now - nothing found yet What can I do Thanks

A:W7: Black Screen after Windows Logo and no left-click

Okay, good news: The laptop has switchable graphics and I always have the graphics card disabled because I don't need it and use the integrated Intel. I activated the ATI card in safe mode and now I can start Windows normally. However it won't let me switch graphics anymore so there seems to be something wrong with the integrated Intel which is weird since the CPU is working fine.
Also the sound button issue (all three (un)muting) still exists and left-click with touchpad or ultranav still doesn't work... Any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307360-w7-black-screen-after-windows-logo-no-left-click.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I have a problem with my dell inspiron n5110.After the windows logo, it appears just a black screen with a mouse cursor. Could someone please help me?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981686
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi guys iv just encountered a weird problem with my graphics card im currently running x logo screen loading 7 at boot SLI stuck ? graphics card Windows GT in sli mode now the issue im getting is when i boot my computer and when the windows logo appears it will load for abit then freeze or go black screen now funny thing is my actually windows computer still loads fine because i can here the tone when you come to enter your password so i enter it then i here another tone logging in but on my screen monitor im still stuck at the windows Windows 7 logo stuck at boot loading screen graphics card SLI ? logo screen or black screen now iv been running sli for a few years and for some odd reason today it started giving me these issues ok things iv done is i tested each graphics card by themselves without sli and work fine iv tried both cards in the top pci slot and the bottom pci slot works fine just can't have of them in sli or i get the issue as mentioned above other things iv tried also is reset my bios settings done nothing iv have even the latest drivers installed so im really confused to as why its not working well the computer loads but i get stuck at the loading windows logo screen upon boot up can anyone shred some light on this issue and give me some solution to this problem really appreciate it cheers P

A:Windows 7 logo stuck at boot loading screen graphics card SLI ?

Please complete/update your pc specs, so we can help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/267762-windows-7-logo-stuck-boot-loading-screen-graphics-card-sli.html