Windows Support Forum

Bluetooth GPS connection issue on Toshiba L505 S5990 Windows 7 laptop

Q: Bluetooth GPS connection issue on Toshiba L505 S5990 Windows 7 laptop

Hello folks my name is lynn I have been told on a different forum that my laptop does not have bluetooth on it So i went and bought a bluetooth adaptor made by targis It is a usb device I have it installed with all drivers I have a bluetooth iblue a gps receiver again all drivers installed on my 7 Windows issue on L505 connection Toshiba GPS Bluetooth laptop S5990 laptop for it For some unknown reason my computer sees the bluetooth adaptor but refuses to see the bluetooth GPS Bluetooth GPS connection issue on Toshiba L505 S5990 Windows 7 laptop receiver I have had it up at Office depot all morning since i bought the adaptor there but they could not Bluetooth GPS connection issue on Toshiba L505 S5990 Windows 7 laptop figure out the problem either The receiver can be seen when connected via a usb mini cable but the program i wish to use it with microsoft streets and trips requires i use it with bluetooth and not a cable The adaptor doesn t see my Windows Mobile phone either I know the GPS and phone are working properly and fully charged because they see each other and I can use my GPS program on my phone with no problem I am out of options and or ideas Can anyone suggest anything else i should try I do have an account on msn and would be happy to voice or video chatg there if someone needs to explain something lengthy to me Oh and i am blind so use a screen reader to operate my windows lalptop but that should not have any bearing on figuring this confounded thign out thanks lynn w

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Bluetooth GPS connection issue on Toshiba L505 S5990 Windows 7 laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Bluetooth GPS connection issue on Toshiba L505 S5990 Windows 7 laptop

Hi -

Go to Targus support and see if updated bluetooth drivers are available. You'll need the product info from the USB device -

http://www.targus.com/us/downloads.aspx

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bluetooth-gps-connection-issue-on-toshiba-l505-s5990-windows-7-laptop-523101.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello I was wondering if issue L505 device - Toshiba Solved: Lan someone can recommend to me how I repair the Lan connection in my Toshiba L Laptop Windows kept shutting down suddenly and my laptop was feeling warmer than usual so i thought the fan needs to be cleaned I went in and I was able to remove the keyboard and lifted the area underneath the keyboard high enough to use an air spray to clean the fan It seemed to work but when I turned on the machine i noticed there Solved: Toshiba L505 - Lan device issue was no internet connection I went into the device manager and there were yellow highlights on all the items related to the Lan and wiredless connections I had the laptop confiqured wirelessly the machine could not detect any wireless connections I also connected the laptop directly with a wired connection and it did not work either I obviously disconnect something or permantely damaged it I was looking for a service manual for the laptop but couldnt not find one online Does anyone know where I can find something that visually shows me where the connections are and what they look like I can try to reconnect this way Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 78.69%

I've recently bought a Bluetooth USB Dongle for my Dell Inspiron 1764 laptop so my wireless headphone could connect to it. The dongle connected and installed fine but when I pressed "Add a device", it saw it as a keyboard and when it tried to install the driver for it, it gave me a "No driver found" for Bluetooth Peripheral Device. It is a Ciberspeed Sports Bluetooth Headphone and it has worked for my iPod so I'm not sure if that's the issue. I appreciate any help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/385986-laptop-bluetooth-headphone-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I've recently bought a Bluetooth USB Dongle for my Dell Inspiron 1764 laptop so my wireless headphone could connect to it. The dongle connected and installed fine but when I pressed "Add a device", it saw it as a keyboard and when it tried to install the driver for it, it gave me a "No driver found" for Bluetooth Peripheral Device. It is a Ciberspeed Sports Bluetooth Headphone and it has worked for my iPod so I'm not sure if that's the issue. I appreciate any help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385986-laptop-bluetooth-headphone-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Toshiba L505, Vista premium, Intel Wifi link 5100 AGN, Realtek RTL8102/Family PCI-E FE NIC. My Wifi works fine always, and the LAN works for a few seconds then stops says local access only. The lights on the modem and LAN port are going crazy but no info is being xfered according to the task mgr. Driver's are updated for hardware and vista. I've tried turning off the wireless card to no avail. any suggestions?

Relevancy 73.1%

So my Toshiba Satellite L505 wont shut down when I go to the start menu and click shut down nothing happens, screen does not change and I can still use the internet and any other program I want to I have avg free downloaded to the computer so I don't think I have a virus, I had another laptop that had the same problem and I forced it to shut down my holding the power button and now that one wont come out of safe mode. don't want the same thing to happen to this one Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-l505-wont-shut-down.1066938/
Relevancy 72.24%

Toshiba satalite l freezes up on factory restore I m trying to do a factory restore on my friends laptop The internal hd restore would freeze up during the rd or th configuration system screen So I ordered some disks and did a format on the hard drive and did another factory restore with the disks It still freezes up at the same spot Even after leaving it all night while I sleep Ever time tons of times both with the internal restore and disks it freezes up at the same spot When you restart the pc it goes into the login screen and only shows admin freezes restore? factory up satalite l505 Toshiba on available with no usable password and can t get into it saying Toshiba satalite l505 freezes up on factory restore? that the user isn t set up or the sort Forgot exactly what it said I thought it might be the hard drive so ordered a new one Still freezes at the same spot Please if you know how to fix this tell me I called customer support and all they want to do is order another disk But I doubt the new disk they sent me and the internal hard drive would both freeze at the same place if it was the disk I ve also tried searching the net and so far Toshiba satalite l505 freezes up on factory restore? no Toshiba satalite l505 freezes up on factory restore? solutions just more people complaining about it doing it to them also I know there s gotta be a solution somewhere nbsp

A:Toshiba satalite l505 freezes up on factory restore?

What is the reason for the restore? The original problem is often the same reason restoring won't work. You may well have a hardware problem.

Are you sure the disks you are using are for that exact model of machine?

Are there any known or past problems with the optical drive that could make reading the disks a problem?

Is memory OK?

How did you "format" the drive? Formatting a drive before installation has not been needed in Windows since 2000. Most formatting tools would create incorrect partition or file system types (formatting is technically only for file systems, but some tools also partition). It wouldn't be a bad idea to delete the partitions and install to an empty drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satalite-l505-freezes-up-on-factory-restore.1079178/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey All,

Been a long time.

I got a Toshiba Satellite L505-ES5018 laptop and I am having trouble finding drivers for this laptop. Rubbing XP-Pro,
Under the DEVICE MANAGER ,

I have yellow marks by

Ethernet Controller
Network Controller
PCI Device
SM Bus Controller
Video Controller

P have looked all over the Web. Went to Toshiba's web site and couldn't find any drivers that I needed. Help, please !!

Thanks,

A:Toshiba Satellite L505-ES5018 Drivers Needed !!

yes... the problem is probably related to the fact that the computer is built for use with windows 7.. perhaps find out what components you have installed and check with the manufacturer of those parts individually... or upgrade to win7... best of luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-l505-es5018-drivers-needed.1044426/
Relevancy 67.08%

Folks Thanks in advance for any help that you may be able to offer My Laptop was working just fine last evening and this am is now not booting successfully Once powered off when the on button is pressed the following message appears quot We apologize for the inconvenience but windows did not start successfully A recent hardware or software change may have caused this etc etc quot When safe mode is pressed a bunch of prompts run and then it freezes You must then shut off the PC and then restart to get back to the menu choices Another message we see now is General help in the Issue Booting Laptop Toshiba Windows XP A105-S4284 Bios quot Set up systems behavior by modifying the bios configuration Selecting incorrect values may cause system boot failure load setup default values to recover quot Toshiba Laptop A105-S4284 Windows XP Issue Booting Not sure where to head here any idea what is going on Additional input i HAD loaded in the last couple of days a new Quicken Premiere package but that appeared to be working fine and the laptop had been on and off several times before and after that load successfully Sorry I just don t understand what or why this condition so suddenly appeared the PC is perhpas months old and i regulary run Spysweeper and Nortons on it and had in the last day or had run both on it Thanks for reviewing this request nbsp

A:Toshiba Laptop A105-S4284 Windows XP Issue Booting

Try this first

Re start your PC and immediately on startup start tapping F8 about every second before the window screens and you should see a black screen with white writing....use your arrow keys to select Last Known Good Configuration and press Enter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-a105-s4284-windows-xp-issue-booting.545695/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi there,
I recently installed Windows 7 and the mousepad on my Toshiba laptop stopped scrolling (when running your finger down the right hand side of the mousepad). Anyone have any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks!

A:Solved: Toshiba laptop mousepad issue after installing Windows 7

Yes. Go to Toshiba's website (http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp), look up your laptop and download the Windows 7 drivers for your Touchpad.

Courtney

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-laptop-mousepad-issue-after-installing-windows-7.887765/
Relevancy 66.65%

I got the bluetooth dongle and it detects the headset(AEC BQ-605), but it says bluetooth peripheral unknown driver. I have emailed the website, but i have yet to get a response. Can you try figuring this problem out, please?

Edit:Oh yeah, i also tried looking into the device manager, and i couldnt find the software needed online.

here are the scrnshots

A:I cant install my bluetooth headset onto toshiba laptop

Quote: Originally Posted by guperan

I got the bluetooth dongle and it detects the headset(AEC BQ-605), but it says bluetooth peripheral unknown driver. I have emailed the website, but i have yet to get a response. Can you try figuring this problem out, please?

Edit:Oh yeah, i also tried looking into the device manager, and i couldnt find the software needed online.

here are the scrnshots

Hi guperan,

Welcome to Seven forums.

We would need to know which bluetooth card is installed on the system. You would need to install the bluetooth driver/software for the system.

Driver Install - Device Manager

If you are unsure of the same then, kindly update your system specs here by following this.

Also, let us know the hardware id of the bluetooth card installed on the system:

Hardware Identification

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/312167-i-cant-install-my-bluetooth-headset-onto-toshiba-laptop.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Toshiba M700 laptop, running Windows Vista ultimate.
It has an internal bluetooth adapter. The bluetooth manager software that installs along with the drivers from Toshiba's website sucks. It causes a lot of little annoying problems, some of which you can't get around at all.

For this reason, I wish to use a different bluetooth manager program.
I'm not sure if Vista really has a default program, but my other 2 computers that have bluetooth seem to use the same, less annoying, bluetooth manager program.

Sorry if I'm being ignorant, but I'm not well acquainted with bluetooth yet.

A:Using the Default Bluetooth Manager with Toshiba Laptop

"Sorry if I'm being ignorant, but I'm not well acquainted with bluetooth yet"...

This may be the root cause of your Bluetooth problem...

"It causes a lot of little annoying problems, some of which you can't get around at all"...

Can you explain in a little more detail just what are the problems

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-the-default-bluetooth-manager-with-toshiba-laptop.123455/
Relevancy 62.35%

I purchased myQC35's 29 Aug 2016 and my experience is the same - no problem in Android, no problem with sound from video etc on Windows 10 on, HP Elitebook 840 G2.  But just static from the the QC35 microphone in ZOOM and Skype calls on the HP Elitebook 840 G2 - I have tried the most up to date MicroSoft supplied Bluetooth drivers and also tried the HP support site drivers - same result. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Re-HP-Spectre-x360-Bluetooth-connection-issue-with-Bose-QC/td-p/5745603
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi there nbsp I own a nbsp HP Spectre x - x360 h... 35 HP with Bluetooth connection QC Spectre issue Bose - nz ENERGY STAR and I just acquired a Bluetooth Headset from Bose the new Bose QC The headset works nbsp like a charm any Windows PC I tried Dell XPS Lenovo Yoga and with my Android Nexus X However I have a blocker issue if I use it with the nbsp Spectre x nbsp Pairing works even if I had to repeat the process several times Once HP Spectre x360 Bluetooth connection issue with Bose QC 35 h... paired listening to music works mostly fine in stereo mode The problem arises when I try to perform a call The problem is the same with any program Skype Skype For Business Skype Preview or my Softphone Bria I can hear the counterpart but they can only hear a really loud static noise I tried an Echo sound test service with Skype and the recorded sound is exactly as my counterpart described I can record and attach it if you want I have updated all drivers soundcard Bluetooth BIOS I have updated from Windows to Windows Anniversary update and I have update the QC from to Nothing helps I have tried all possible setting configuration remove the Bluetooth device added it again etc Still static noise It is clearly an issue with the Spectre x and as far as I know this model had several other Bluetooth issues before Therefore my question to HP could you please look into it and update the drivers to support the Bose QC which is a hit on the market Thank you and best regards

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Spectre-x360-Bluetooth-connection-issue-with-Bose-QC-35/td-p/5729138
Relevancy 62.35%

My dell XPS 15 9550 will work fine with a number of bluetooth speakers.
Now when I am try to connect it too my Sony mdr-xb950 bluetooth headphones it pairs, then says connected, then drops to "paired".
And then sound still comes out of the laptop speakers and not the headphones.
I look in the sound settings and the headphones are nowhere to be found.
I updated the bluetooth drivers and nothing has worked. I have been looking all over the internet for a solution.
PLease help!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989720
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I'm not sure if this is in the right place this is a new account and I don't know much about this site My apologies if this is in the wrong category it's just such a unique issue that strange 7 connection Windows Laptop issue internet I'm not sure Windows 7 Laptop strange internet connection issue where it would go Anyway I have an Acer Aspire V p laptop I've had it for about two years and it's been working well enough for what I need I'm a Windows 7 Laptop strange internet connection issue college student But recently I wasn't able to connect to my wifi at home Nothing that I know of changed within the router or modem and nothing has changed within the laptop except for the connection issue It connects just fine everywhere else The other two computers in the house not mine connect just fine they're both slightly older desktops The other laptop that I own isn't connecting as well I've done all of the following -reset the router -reset the modem -restarted my computer -made sure all the information is correct for the wireless network -completely reset my laptop to factory default -bought a new router -moved the router around the house to see if I was too far away I don't know what else to do I've talked to four different tech support professionals and none of their advice has worked I'm coming here as a last ditch effort Maybe someone else has had the same problem I'm about to give up but I need wifi at home for school so I don't really have that option I appreciate any advice at all

A:Windows 7 Laptop strange internet connection issue

Do the machines detect the wireless network? or is it no longer visible?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528292/windows-7-laptop-strange-internet-connection-issue/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi guys,

I've recently updated to Windows 10, but the bluetooth didn't seem to work properly. It doesn't seem to be able to detect any devices. Also, i couldn't even find the option 'allow devices to connect to this computer' in bluetooth settings. i've tried to reinstall the latest version of drivers but it didn't help. Could anyone kindly tell me what's wrong and how to fix it? Many thanks.

PS: my laptop is alienware M17x R2.

A:Bluetooth issue on my laptop

Have you tried going to your manufacture of your motherboard, and look for any new updates for your Bluetooth driver?? Sometimes this method does work.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/43277-bluetooth-issue-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello!

I recently installed the latest version of the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack (v9.10.32T) for one of my desired applications to properly function. However, connecting my Bluetooth headphones through Toshiba's bluetooth manager does not seem to support the media buttons on the headset. These include Play/Pause and seek buttons. Before the Bluetooth stack, when I used my default bluetooth driver for connection, these controls had worked fine.

Also, there does not seem to be a specific setting to fix this in the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack Options.
How would I go about getting these controls back?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/50409-bluetooth-headset-controls-toshiba-bluetooth-stack.html
Relevancy 60.2%

i would like to transfer files to and from my laptop and my cell phone,

i have an acer laptop which has bluetooth enabled but when i click on the bluetooth icon in 'my computer' i get an error message saying that 'the bluetooth device is not found' despite the phones bluetooth being on.

i know the phones bluetooth works because i have sent and received files from a friends fone without any problems....

why doesnt the laptop recognise the device?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-bluetooth-to-cell-phone-connection.395517/
Relevancy 60.2%

ok I am fixing my friends toshiba laptop Qosmio F -AV Vista Home Premium So I booted up the laptop issue laptop Toshiba and then I got a error So I booted back up with the recovery disc that came with the laptop It starts loading and then I get a message that says HDD can't be intialized intialize hdd and restart the installer So my first thought is the hdd is corrupted Well this laptop has x gb sata hdd's So I hooked up both to my desktop to see if there were any issues with the hdd Both are fine I was able to copy all docs pics ext to my storage hdd So knowing that both hdd's are fine I rebooted the laptop and stuck one of my Vista discs in and installed it without a key just to see if it would install It installed fine and works without an issue Toshiba laptop issue So I know it's not the hdd So I rebooted the laptop with the toshiba install disc and still same issue What the heck is this issue HDD can't be intialized intialize hdd If I can't get this to work soon I might just use one of my Vista discs to install on the laptop with the laptops key However I rather use the manufacture discs since thats the whole point of having them

A:Toshiba laptop issue

hi,, just a thought, are the discs origanal ones from toshiba or the type you mmke when first switcing on your pc,,,,, as i have noticed that with the discs you make your self hardly ever work properly,,, which is a fat lot of use,,, use your vista disc and then use the product key off the toshiba laptop,,, this should work,,, as its the key thats important not the disc,,, the disc will carry all versions of vista, and its the product key that determines which version it will install.
good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/181598/toshiba-laptop-issue/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi nbsp I recently received via an insurance claim a HP gaming laptop Product number T Gaming laptop wifi/bluetooth HP issue P EA ABU but am having the following issue nbsp I can t connect to my ghz wifi signal because the network adapter in my HP Gaming laptop wifi/bluetooth issue laptop is a b g n and so can only see ghz I think this is correct but more than happy to be told otherwise My work laptop which is generally a much lower spec machine can see the ghz wifi ssid with no problem nbsp My internet speed BT infinity is fine - mbps on wireless a room away from the hub The problem is that when I pair my laptop with my soundbar woofa over bluetooth it slowly over about - mins reduces and ultimately kills the wifi signal nbsp I'm struggling to find much on the web around upgrading the laptop to dual band capability so can anyone help with nbsp a Upgrading the laptop to dual band capabilityb A fix for the Bluetooth killing wifi issue nbsp It seems crazy that a laptop this expensive and designed for gaming would a not be upgradable for dual band wifi or b not be able to cope with both bluetooth and wifi nbsp Please keep in mind I'm not a taking computers apart type - nbsp Many thanks in advance for any help nbsp CH

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Gaming-laptop-wifi-bluetooth-issue/td-p/5788770
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Thanks in advance for any and all help you guys are able to share I have a broadband ADSL internet connection and would like to share this connection and the host computer printer with a Toshiba M laptop I have attached the modem to a D-Link DI- wireless router and attached that to the host computer From this setup I can access the internet through the wired connection with no problems I have configured the router as per the installation instructions and it appears to be working connection laptop Toshiba wireless fine However I cannot get the laptop to find the broadcast signal and attach connect to the internet The laptop will access the internet fine over a wired connection Initially the connection was set up through the Wireless Network Setup Wizard on XP I have since disabled the Toshiba laptop wireless connection WEP and checked that the SSID Broadcast is enabled The router seems to be working fine so I am guessing that the problem is with the wireless connection on the laptop The laptop is unable to find a wireless signal even when placed next to the router but it does show a connection through a Connection in Network Connections that seems to respond to switching the router on off - connection enabled disabled The laptop does not appear to be picking up the wireless signal and I am unsure as to whether thhe problem is with the router doubt it or the configuration of the wireless network application of the laptop Both comps are XP Pro SP Router - DLink DI- Modem - Dynalink I am reasonably familiar with computers but new to wireless networking Thanks again Howard nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi i have a toshiba tecra for some strange reason i can not connect to wireless in my frontroom ? if i take laptop into another room it connects straight away and it is driving me mad has anybody got any advise please !!! my network provider is sky thanks

A:Toshiba laptop connection problem

When you're in the location where you can't connect, please run this diagnostic. Obviously, you'll have to be connected to download it, but then move to the location and run it.
Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework. For machines with no Internet connection, download this NET Framework 3.5 Full Package on another machine and transfer it with removable media to the problem machine.
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-connection-problem.941838/
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this but I'm just going to guess that it is.

I recently upgraded my desktop from 7 to 10. I used to connect my laptop (already using 10) to my desktop via Bluetooth and it allowed me to select the desktop pc's speakers as audio output, effectively mixing both computers' audio through my headphones attached to the desktop. This is no longer something my computers seem to do; literally all that has changed is that I upgraded the desktop OS and I would have assumed this is something windows10 can do but the Bluetooth menu is almost comically unhelpful.
It used to be relatively easy to do this in 7 but I am at a loss as to how to do this in 10. Is this functionality somehow not a part of Win10?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/36266-bluetooth-connection-b-w-desktop-laptop-no-audio-option.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Newbie!
I am re-opening the thread on Bluetooth Mouse loss when coming out of power save as I cannot find any solution to this, or mention of the situation I have!
I have a Toshiba Sat Pro running Vista Home Premium 32bit with Toshiba Bluetooth Stack, Logitech 5000 mouse & keyboard.
This problem has only recently started & must be the result of a MS security download!
When I come out of power save I noticed that my Bluetooth icon was static, when I checked the Bluetooth settings I found it was showing Bluetooth as enabled, I then set it to disable & then re-enabled straight away and got my connection back, (this also affects the keyboard!)
Maybe this info will generate an idea regarding the problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/262750-lose-bluetooth-connection-when-laptop-goes-into-power-save.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I am working on a friend s toshiba satellite a -s laptop computer She gave it to me telling me it was not even turning on I have worked with it and laptop power Toshiba issue discovered issues with the power supply First that the power cord is a bit loose going into the computer and not always giving it power however seems fixable when I plugged my Toshiba laptop power issue rocketfish universal adaptor into it piece was used Toshiba laptop power issue even though this specific computer is not on capatibility list which is what similar toshibas listed used However there is a second problem with the power supply that I am not sure how to even begin fixing When the cord is plugged in and the computer is off the power cord light on the front of the computer shows green and the battery light shows red While in this state the battery seems to charge some If I turn it on the power cord light and the computer on lights turn green and the battery light turns off The power is then drained from the battery and not from the power cord The computer shutting down from lack of power when the battery is drained and refusing to run completely if I try to run it without the battery How do I go about fixing this second problem or is it even fixable I do not want to suggest trying out a new battery unless I know for sure that would solve the problem otherwise it would be wasted if it does not work Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered nbsp

A:Toshiba laptop power issue

Does sound as if the battery is dead, however I can understand your reluctance to buy another should that not be the real fault.

I am sure there are other more experienced people here that know about electrical circuits. If it were me I'd try and get hold of replacement power cord,exactly the same as the old one.
I'd take my Tosh to shops selling second hand Toshes and ask to use thier power cord to test connection. Or even ask about trying a new battery before you buy.
I might buy a new cord from Ebay.

If its an old machine then it will probably be the battery. And Tosh batteries when they go they just go!

Let us know what happens, I have a Tosh so maybe my fate will be yours

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-power-issue.910441/
Relevancy 59.77%

I was wondering if anybody can help me with my current problem My laptop won t charge nor will it start up issue laptop power Toshiba I had recently had AC Toshiba laptop power issue adapter issues and had to get it repaired I had soldered a new tip for the old adapter and it worked for a time but the solder was a horrible job and it got loose again so I just decided to get a whole new adapter Before the solder had come off of the old ad adapter the laptop Toshiba laptop power issue ran fine receieved power and charged the battery Now with the new ac adapter plugged in the power blue LED simply blinks blue while the orange battery light remains off I was wondering if there was a quick fix for this I have already tried taking the battery and AC adapter out and holding the power button for well over seconds and I still receive the Toshiba laptop power issue same result- blinking LED Can anybody help me out here My laptop model is a Toshiba Satellite A -S As it is an old laptop it s really not worth bringing in getting it serviced and I have a little knowledge about the laptop itself Also a point of note it isn t the AC jack on the inside since i ve removed the casing and checked on the jack it s completely separate from the motherboard and when plugged into another ac source it worked fine The new AC adapter has a green LED lit meaning it s receiving power and it s also brand new so i don t think it s that But yeah any help here nbsp

A:Toshiba laptop power issue

Toshiba's are notorious for power problems. I had a Satellite P10-809, I paid a small fortune for it, and within 6 months I started experiencing power problems. I was also receiving a constant mild electric shock whenever my arm rested on the casing of the unit while typing.

I believe there is a class action law suit against Toshiba (http://www.mommamuse.com/2006/11/14/class-action-lawsuit-against-toshiba/). I was furious trying to deal with Toshiba as they denied any problems and more or less implied that I was imagining everything. In the end, I wrote off the 1,500 I spent on the unit and have never purchased Toshiba since. I have also warned every company I have worked for to boycott Toshiba.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-power-issue.906919/
Relevancy 59.77%

I ALWAYS USED TO WORK ON MY LAP WITH CHARGER PLUGGED IN BECAUSE MY BATTERY DIE QUICKLY , SO LAST NIGHT I PLUGGED OUT THE ACE ADAPTER by accident and my laptop powered off even my battery was fully charged i i plugged it again and what happens it is powered on automatically without me press the power button !!

please help what can i do to solve this

Relevancy 59.77%

niot sure where to place this topic other than here, running XP pro:

Converted a Toshiba a305-s6905 laptop from vista to XP pro.
Got all the drivers installed working like a champ, Toshiba indicated there was a bios update form 1.80 to 2.20
So i ran it, seemed to go fine, then it rebooted, windows splash screen appears momentarily then a quick BSOD that i cannot read, then back to toshiba start screen.

It will continue that cycle if i let it.
Safe mode, last know good config dont work understandably.

during post it shows...insyde H20 bios

What, if anything can i do in this spot?

A:BIOS issue: toshiba laptop

I think you have failed updating BIOS...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334773/bios-issue-toshiba-laptop/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there ... buddy just got an old laptop in horrible shape - we decided to fdisk and all is well - except - yesterday she was describing a lot of anomolies ... eventutally said she had had it on over 8 hours. I told her to turn it off, guessed it had probably overheated.
I know nothing about fans (I am a software nut, not hardware) - but this one does not turn on ever (she said she cleaned it with a qtip and it does move).
Are there special settings I should look for?
(she is not connected to the net to ask herself)
Many thanks

(no help from Toshiba at all - not even a manual available)

A:Toshiba laptop 2100 fan issue?

sounds like its gone need try to open case very carefully see if fan is removeable then look for replace ment

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-2100-fan-issue.95368/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop, and I'm having a problem with the internet. I just got it out of repair today because the screen wouldn't turn on, but the computer would run. But anways the problem is that my internet is disconnecting randomly, and then it says that there is no wireless networks avalible. So I have to restart my computer and then my internet works again and I can connect to my router.

Anyone help me?

A:Internet Issue With Toshiba Laptop

By the way this has happened twice so far, IDK if it will happen again, but...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-issue-with-toshiba-laptop.112366/
Relevancy 59.77%

A friend's sons played around with his laptop and now the only way in is to use 'safe mode.' Every time he tries to get on it now, it shows the Windows XP Logo... Then a box pops up and asks for his user name and password -- and he never set up either one, so he can't do anything else until he starts it in safe mode... Any suggestions?

A:Toshiba Laptop Password Issue

Hi

Is this the password to get into WIndow's itself, if so and you can get in via safe mode then go to control panel and users and reset the password there.

oh and welcome to the TS Forum Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-password-issue.79457/
Relevancy 59.77%

i am having a similar problem as posted earlier but no resolution was posted. anyone with knowledge of how to resolve, please email me with advice. thanks. below is the error message i get and no matter what option i choose....safe, safe with networking, last known configuration, normal...all reboot upon start-up and lead back to error again. HELP.

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change may have caused this"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/booting-issue-for-toshiba-laptop.571185/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I m not entirely sure if this is the right forum for this laptop With Issue Audio Toshiba since I have no idea if this is a hardware or software related problem but bear with me I purchased Toshiba Satellite C D-A- yesterday and I ve spent most of today trying to set it up First of all it came with Windows which is absolutely awful It is a nightmare to use and there are several weird bugs such as shortcuts added to the Audio Issue With Toshiba laptop toolbar Audio Issue With Toshiba laptop not working and the system requiring Audio Issue With Toshiba laptop a password even though I specifically changed it in the settings in a way that password should not be required when logging in on the computer However the real problem is that for some reason all sounds from whatever source YouTube Spotify Ableton are weirdly quot high-passed quot in the sense that no low or mid frequencies are audible I cannot understand what the problem is and I m starting to lose it since I ve tried to fix it all day I installed the latest Realtek driver which made no difference I tried to Google the problem but didn t find any similar results Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Audio Issue With Toshiba laptop

if you just bought it I would return it and request a replacement one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-issue-with-toshiba-laptop.1114698/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am sorry if this is the wrong forum but I am stumped at the moment I am running a Toshiba Satellite Pro with an internet connection from Virgin which runs straight into my apple Time machine airport base station The Toshiba is new and was bought after I bought a Compaq and had the same problem that my Toshiba is now having The Toshiba only exhibited these problems after I allowed a microsoft update I have since uninstalled the update but the compouter is still doing it Basically I with Toshiba laptop connection Vista dropping turn on and am able to connect up go onto msn onto internet explorer then both stop working msn says i am signed out Internet explorer wont surf If i go to the network icon in the bottom right it is still connected If I click it and bring up the control panel it says I am still on line and everything is ok Only if I disconnect and then reconnect will internet explorer and msn start working again This happens about every mins or so fine for a min or two then nothing I have mucked about with different security settings on the mac network but that doesnt do anything The updates installed were Realtek Network-PCIe FE Family COntroller Samsung Printers Atheros Communications Inc -Network- Atherops AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Synaptics-Input- Synaptics PS Port TouchPad Update to NET Toshiba laptop with Vista dropping connection Framework Service Pack for the NET Framework assistant X KB INternet Explorer for Vista Any ideas guys and please my level of computer knowledge is basic I am mainly a mac person sorry nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Dear BC Community Vista connection Laptop in No internet TOSHIBA HELP Below I have copied and pasted a log file from a HiJackThis Scan Unfortunatley I can't read it and I do not know what to fix Taking advice from the experts I am posting it No internet connection in TOSHIBA Vista Laptop here for your viewing and all the help that I can get Thanks Mr MeelasLogfile No internet connection in TOSHIBA Vista Laptop of Trend Micro No internet connection in TOSHIBA Vista Laptop HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TPwrMain exeC Program Files Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exeC Program Files Toshiba FlashCards TCrdMain exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray exeC Program Files Toshiba TOSHIBA Service Station TSS exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Dell V dldtmon exeC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeperUI exeC Program Files Toshiba TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exeC Program Files Paltalk Messenger paltalk exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Dell V dldtMsdMon exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows system igfxext exeC Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree CFSwMgr exeC Program Files McAfee Security Scan McUICnt exeC Users Brownsugar Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllO - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dllO - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser CoIEPlg dllO - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dllO - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray quot C Windows system igfxtray exe quot O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds quot C Windows system hkcmd exe quot O - HKLM Run Persistence quot C Windows system igfxpers exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl quot RtHDVCpl exe quot O - HKLM Run IAAnotif quot C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh quot C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe quot O - HKLM Run TPwrMain quot ProgramFiles TOSHIBA Power ... Read more

A:No internet connection in TOSHIBA Vista Laptop

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndWe Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepealDownload RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.

First Location
Second Location
Third Location

Open on your desktop.Click the tab.Click the button.Check all seven boxes: Push OkCheck the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/281171/no-internet-connection-in-toshiba-vista-laptop/
Relevancy 58.91%

An unknown piece of hardware is failing on my machine After running antivirus and malwarebytes running chkdsk and various other methods I did a reinstall from the Toshiba restore program hidden on the Hard drive The computer continually freezes becoming totally unresponsive This is usually has issue failing hardware Laptop Toshiba during light use and seems to not occur during heavier use like netflix streaming or video games The screen will usually go black and I will be forced to manually shut down The computer may run fine for minutes or hours I have done a visual inspection Toshiba Laptop has failing hardware issue of the portion of the laptop I can safely open and all seems fine HD seems fine RAM was tested with memtestx with Toshiba Laptop has failing hardware issue no problems to be found I can t figure out what is happening but it seems to be hardware It would also freeze when I ran Ubuntu from a liveCD that was not installed on the hard drive This is a Toshiba L D S ProcessorAMD Athlon II P GHz Dual-Core Memory GB GB max Hard Drive GB - Serial ATA- - rpm Display Type in TFT active matrix Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows Home Premium -bit Edition Optical DriveDVD RW R DL DVD-RAM Graphics ProcessorATI Mobility Radeon HD HyperMemory Video Memory MB Any help would be super appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello - I have a new Toshiba A Satellite laptop Intel wifi card Vista Home Premium bit that is having difficulty connecting to my home network I started the machine up Friday night and have spent hours trying to track this problem down I tried updating the network card driver most current is now in use I've uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it and I'm at my wit's end The network consists of D-Link DI- wireless router Dell Home New Toshiba - Laptop Network Issue E Desktop connected via cable to the router Vista bit Dell Inspiron laptop Home Network Issue - New Toshiba Laptop wireless connection XP Pro Dell Dimension DWL-G wireless card XP Home Gateway L DWL-G wireless card Vista Home Premium bit Nintendo Wii Sony PS I can't believe that there is a problem with the router since all thos other machines including a Vista bit box are connected with no issues so I'm pretty sure that this problem is confined to the new laptop If I connect an ethernet cable to the Toshiba it connects to the network and internet with no issues If I disconnect the cable and attempt to connect via the wireless system the laptop attempts to identify the network and never connects The Intel WiFi troubleshooter passes all tests but the ping test I have noted that the Dell laptop and the Gateway desktop both show different IP addresses than the Toshiba The Toshiba has an autoconfiguration IPv of DCHP is enabled I have tried resetting all kinds of things using both ipconfig and netsh commands in admin mode with no success Toshiba tech support Level has no clue and I've been waiting for a couple of hours for Level support to call me back Any suggestions Thanks Steven Frustrated Toshiba owner

A:Home Network Issue - New Toshiba Laptop

PM Update:

I had two calls with Toshiba technical support. The first one couldn't do anything, and promised a Level 2 call back within an hour. Seven hours later, I called back, and was told that my problem was with my ISP, and I needed to call them. She also informed me that Level 2 support was only available to registered users, and when I pointed out that I'd registered the computer on Saturday, told me that I would have to wait 48 hours for the registration to go through.

So, I packed everything up, trundled off to Best Buy, came home with a MacBook, and my daughter had it up and running in about five minutes (connected to the network and everything!).

Problem solved!!!

Steven

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/219118-home-network-issue-new-toshiba-laptop.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi Guys hope you can help me on my happy problem...
Got Toshiba Sat Pro and Acer Aspire, both having the following issue:

With/without battery

*Shuts down seconds after turned-on, and sometimes it arrives at Windows 7 logo and desktop but still unfortunate.

Tried doing these fixes but still unfortunate.

1. Clean fan.
2. Put new thermal paste
3. Reimage (still shuts down, so not resolved)
4. Replaced HDD
5. Interchange RAMs (checked thoroughly and cleaned)

But here's the confusing thing, when I tried backing-up the files using "Hirens - Windows XP", it does not shut down.....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Please help...Thanks and more power to TechSpot!!!!
God bless you guys!

A:Laptop (Toshiba and Acer) hilariously, both same issue

Try removing the CMOS batteries to reset the Bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-toshiba-and-acer-hilariously-both-same-issue.182721/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi All,

I have the above laptop, downloaded Windows 10 - then uninstalled it as it made my machine mega slow.

The + and - buttons to alter the volume no no longer work on the laptop unless you press the FN key.

I went into the control panel to change that, did as I was instructed but I still have to press it to get any volume. I rang Toshiba helpdesk and they couldn't solve the issue either.

Also, the volume has to be turned up to at least 50 to get any sound out as you cannot hear it otherwise. Someone said to do something to the BIOS but i have no idea as I am not tech at all.

Any help would be great as I have tried You Tube and online and not had any luck.

Thanks all.

A:Volume issue on Toshiba Satellite pro laptop

This could be it:
https://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD2503B90001R01.htm

I set it so that I can press F1 to F12 without holding the Fn key. When I did that then I had to press Fn key to adjust volume with the - + keys that are on the F9 and F10 keys.

Also you may want to open the volume mixer to see if other volume levels are less that the master volume.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71503-volume-issue-toshiba-satellite-pro-laptop.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all

I have two questions,
Customer has a Toshiba laptop that her 2 year old knocked off a work surface. Now it wont boot to Windows Vista it goes through the Toshiba POST. She says its making noises and i have heard it screech every now and again.
I am fairly certain shes damaged the hard drive, but does anyone else have any thoughts ?

Following on from that when using my Plexus USB 2.0 to SATA cable in Windows XP Pro i get the USB noise/ping to suggest its found it and it installs the driver, as it says in the windows pop up bubble. However nothing in disk management or explorer. Now is this because the disk is obviously damaged or because i am running XP and the Hard disk is Vista??

I didnt think it should matter as it should be seen as a USD device from my cable

Any comments would be great thanks
John

A:Toshiba Laptop Hard drive issue

its damaged alright,

try sticking it in the freezer overnight and it may work enough to recover data off it, then bin it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-hard-drive-issue.143185/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have just recently brought a functioning Toshiba Satellite laptop home from my mothers that I witnessed being surfed on and having music played on. I get the laptop home and try to connect to my wireless connection and it recognizeses it, know the name, says its connected, yet the IE says the IE can not display the webpage. I can connect with the ethernet cable and POW there it goes. What setting or what is going on????

A:Wireless Internet connection for Toshiba Satellite Laptop

Look on the corner of the base of the laptop and make sure the wi-fi or wireless card in enabled. It might be switched off. .. Other then that go Start(windows flag bottom left)>Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center>Under Tasks on the top left click Manage Network Connections. If the wireless Adpter is listed in there right click it and you should be able to see if it enabled or disabled. if it disabled, it might be a corupt driver. Maybe doing a system recovery if you check both of those things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/437057/wireless-internet-connection-for-toshiba-satellite-laptop/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello there New to the forums I have an intriguing graphics driver issue that has come up since I did a fresh install of Windows Pro Laptop Driver Irking for Graphics Issue Toshiba with Media Center on my Irking Graphics Driver Issue for Toshiba Laptop Toshiba C - It seems that Toshiba does not have an quot updated quot graphics driver Irking Graphics Driver Issue for Toshiba Laptop for Windows The default Microsoft driver has a few issues The screen likes to flicker a lot and sometimes text becomes quot garbled quot and such I have gone though Intel's site looking for the driver but the download only updates the quot SATA controller quot not the graphics driver I have attached two images displaying what the graphics card is and the driver versions I hope someone is able to Irking Graphics Driver Issue for Toshiba Laptop help me find an updated Intel driver so that these icky bugs can go away It's the only true thing that is avoiding me from loving Windows on this laptop I can provide more information if it's needed Toshiba Satellite C - Windows Pro with Media Center -bit Pentium Dual-Core T GHz Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family at x Qualcomm Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Conexant SmartAudio HD GB Memory

A:Irking Graphics Driver Issue for Toshiba Laptop

You can try to install the windows 7 driver in compatibility mode..?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/14439-irking-graphics-driver-issue-toshiba-laptop.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I recently had an issue with a Toshiba laptop that has me a bit concerned On (Internet Toshiba Satellite issues) + other Possible serious issue(s) Laptop. with the th of July I had decided to put my Satellite on standby to focus on other things at the moment sometime that afternoon Normally this didn t cause any problems and I was in fact able to save energy However though early that evening something did unfortunately Possible serious issue(s) with Toshiba Satellite Laptop. (Internet + other issues) go wrong I Possible serious issue(s) with Toshiba Satellite Laptop. (Internet + other issues) pressed the power button which woke the PC and got me back to the login screen I entered my password and for a bit things seemed to be going well And then it locked up in the middle of the process I waited a couple of minutes but to no avail I was forced to reboot After that everything seemed to be okay at first but then to my dismay the System Failure dialog came up I let everything run its course and after about half an hour it finally came up with the System Restore option I agreed to it and let it restart Unfortunately just when I thought everything was okay I noticed my internet connection was no longer available And neither was anything else network related for that matter Not even Help amp Support could start I soon discovered the ISATAP driver had stopped working code error but I doubt this was the only problem now eventually I discovered that although initial boot-up wasn t affected it now took up to minutes for Windows to load minutes I ve tried everything I can think of Safe Mode additional System Restores Disk checks sometimes w scanning for bad sectors and even virus scans no viruses at all Nothing s worked I am seriously considering either a format of the C drive or a clean re-install of Vista or possibly even both Can anybody offer any advice nbsp

A:Possible serious issue(s) with Toshiba Satellite Laptop. (Internet + other issues)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-serious-issue-s-with-toshiba-satellite-laptop-internet-other-issues.1011885/
Relevancy 57.62%

On the back of my computer I cannot read the serial number of Windows 7, but I need this number.

Satellite L505-10P - R?f?rence : PSLS3E-01G00JFR

I have the serial number of this laptop and an old garanty from toshiba-europe.com

I hope... confused:

A:Satellite L505-10P - Looking for Windows 7 serial number

Maybe it sounds stupid now but this product key is useless for you. This product key belongs to original OS version that you got with your machine and cannot be used for activation if you have installed own OS version.

May I ask why do you need it.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83594-Satellite-L505-10P-Looking-for-Windows-7-serial-number
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello all I have a L - N and I've recently changed the install Cannot updates Satellite Windows on L505-13N HDD Even Cannot install Windows updates on Satellite L505-13N if I had made a copy of installation disc fro win bit it gave a message in the beginning of quot setting services quot that the installation could not proceed in that hardware Anyway I installed the bit version which came with the laptot After the installation I have tried to install updates but it is impossible At first it gave a message that the service may didn't start I restarted the services for updates and the laptop itself but nothing different happened The same message I tried two quot fix it quot packages available from windows but nothing changed I tried to install an inspection tool for installing sp Windows -KB -v -x and it gives me the error message xc and no installation I tried to install directly the sp from downloaded file - windows -KB -X and it gives me a catastrophic failure with error E UNEXPECTED x ffff All these with the antivirus-firewall program deactivated Could anybody propose a solution as I'd like to install at least sp if not being able to receive updates Expecting your answers - proposals Argi

A:Cannot install Windows updates on Satellite L505-13N

> Anyway I installed the 32bit version which came with the laptop.
I guess you used the Toshiba Recovery Disk which contains the Toshiba image including the Windows 32bit system, Toshiba software, tools and drivers.

The windows update problem 0xc8000247 seems to happen to other Windows system owners as this issue was already discussed in Microsoft forums.

*The 1st possible solution:*
Please start the console (cmd.exe) with admin rights and run the command
sfc.exe /scannow

*2nd proposal:*
Try automatically reset Windows Update components
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

*3rd proposal:*
Updated the Intel driver "Intel Rapid Storage Technology"
Restart the computer
Check the updates

Good luck mate. Hope one of these solutions would help you

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?78433-Cannot-install-Windows-updates-on-Satellite-L505-13N
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello! I have the above laptop and just installed a replacement M'board since the original board failed. Loaded vista home premium and now cannot get sound. I've tried every possible audio driver with no luck. I loaded Linux and the sound worked immediately so I know the hardware is OK. The audio hardware is identified as Conexant (Waikiki). No matter which driver I attempt to load I get an error message indicating that the hardware media doesn't recognize the driver. I have no other issues with this Motherboard, just no sound.

Does anyone have an answer to this dilemma? Your help is appreciated.

A:Toshiba Laptop P105-S6217 audio driver issue

Have you tried loading XP? Perhaps Vista has no audio drivers for this board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-p105-s6217-audio-driver-issue.778678/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Toshiba laptop running Vista Had it almost a year now I have two USB ports on the right side of the computer A couple weeks ago the two ports which are part of the same quot card quot or whatever it s called when it s in a laptop Kind of fell into the computer I think the soldering must have broke or something and the ports kinda just sank in a little The compute still ran fine for a week or so Memory Ricoh Phantom Issue Sticks USB, Toshiba Laptop. on USB and I was just waiting to get the ports put back into place A few days ago My comp started thinking things were being plugged and unplugged USB Issue on Toshiba Laptop. Phantom USB, Ricoh Memory Sticks into the usb ports even though they weren t When it s happening it makes my computer run pretty slow It seems to only happen while I am using a browser either Firefox or IE Also when I start the computer I see a little tab in the bar at the bottom that says quot cfFncEnabler quot and nothing else It doesn t say error or anything it just says the name of that name It s only there for about seconds and then goes away I know it s a Toshiba file and is safe but it never used to pop up when my comp started before the usb issue Anyways when I go to see what usb device is being plugged in and out it says it is a quot Ricoh Memory Stick Device quot I don t own one Never have Never plugged on into my computer Why is it saying that Is that the name of the usb port I don t think it is because when I google it all I find are things about flash drives If anyone here has any idea about whats up with my laptop please help me out here Thanks nbsp

A:USB Issue on Toshiba Laptop. Phantom USB, Ricoh Memory Sticks

Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-issue-on-toshiba-laptop-phantom-usb-ricoh-memory-sticks.946964/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Called to a friends place he has a toshiba satellite laptop gb intel i gb Says the problem started when he left laptop running ie was in youtube came back and battery ran out He also stated that the top right-front of the laptop was unusually warm after this hard drive area He plugged a c in and ever since then all he and I can get is the message quot for atheros pcie ethernet controller check cable connection pxe-mof existing intel pxe rom no bootable device -- insert book and press any key quot I did searches on this error and mobo? or 'check hard cable drive Toshiba laptop connection' all pointed to hard drive and possibly an incorrect boot order I was able to get into bios and it could see and recognize drive but that s all when I went into chg boot order it was correct I re-seated drive and I tried to get into recovery and after - seconds of loading the laptop freezes I took drive out and have Toshiba laptop 'check cable connection' hard drive or mobo? it hooked up to an usb Toshiba laptop 'check cable connection' hard drive or mobo? external enclosure It has partitions but o s says only gb of data the hidden partition recovery files I assume says gb and the rest is around gb I can t access drive or the data on it so I can pretty much assume it s gone Question I have never seen a drive die so quickly usually gives some warning so could Toshiba laptop 'check cable connection' hard drive or mobo? it be something else like the drive controller on the mobo I know the boot order was correct I don t have a spare drive to try out and if it s the mobo couldn t that fry another drive Thanks alot nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

ok. so my toshiba a215-s5824 will not turn on, no battery charge light or anything. took out battery to no effect. Does this mean its the motherboard? and how difficult would it be to replace? tech shop tested dc power and power adapter and they are fine. please help!

A:Toshiba a215-s5824 laptop motherboard issue. no power light

Your "tech shop" would be better in diagnosing a possible bad motherboard and its replacement options. It takes considerable skill and knowledge to replace a laptop motherboard. If things aren't done properly, you could end up with a very expensive paperweight

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-a215-s5824-laptop-motherboard-issue-no-power-light.137183/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi everyone Fairly new laptop less than months which recently has been crashing in a really odd way when doing certain tasks No when plugged (overheating on hard issue?) crashes in laptop Toshiba Strange BSOD or anything just straight shuts down I use Skyrim to test it because it usually causes a crash within the first few minutes What usually happens is I start up the game get into gameplay past title screen loading screen etc it plays fine for a few seconds then the fan will start going Strange hard crashes on Toshiba laptop when plugged in (overheating issue?) apebleep Strange hard crashes on Toshiba laptop when plugged in (overheating issue?) and the laptop completely crashes a few seconds after that The strange thing is this only happens under a few conditions The battery setting has to be set to high performance and the charger has to be plugged in The crashes never happen when the machine is running on battery alone and they still happen when I remove the battery and just run the laptop plugged in It doesn't seem to be an overheating issue both cores stay around degrees even when the fan starts to go crazy max is and Changing chargers didn't help either both the one that came with the laptop and a store bought one lead to crashes Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite s t-B running windows Specs i U cpu GB ram AMD Radeon R M Really appreciate any help at all Thank everyone

A:Strange hard crashes on Toshiba laptop when plugged in (overheating issue?)

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).
FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504
While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
Also, Please provide this information (even though you're not experiencing BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581381/strange-hard-crashes-on-toshiba-laptop-when-plugged-in-overheating-issue/
Relevancy 56.33%

hi please help me i can XP laptop connect TOSHIBA VISTA won't LAN/wired laptop HP connection but can connect t figure out what s wrong with my hp dv laptop vista bit i have a broadband connection witch doesn t require username LAN/wired connection can connect XP TOSHIBA laptop but won't connect VISTA HP laptop and password i m using a LAN wired connection my problem is when i use my hp laptop to connect internet it won t connect me but giving me limited connection but when i use my toshiba xp laptop it will connect me and can access internet so i thought maybe something s wrong with my hp laptop or its LAN Card Then the other day i went on a vacation and tried my hp laptop to their internet connection and i was surprised that it worked both wired and wireless now i don t know what s wrong and i don t know what to do with my own internet line and with my hp laptop i did that ipconfig thing and here s what i got Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation LAN/wired connection can connect XP TOSHIBA laptop but won't connect VISTA HP laptop All rights LAN/wired connection can connect XP TOSHIBA laptop but won't connect VISTA HP laptop reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name leiyah-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - - B-DA- -BA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f dafe a b Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt my TOSHIBA laptop can connect getting xxx IP address while my HP laptop won t connect getting a XXX IP address nbsp

A:LAN/wired connection can connect XP TOSHIBA laptop but won't connect VISTA HP laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-wired-connection-can-connect-xp-toshiba-laptop-but-wont-connect-vista-hp-laptop.918872/
Relevancy 55.47%

hi guys 7 bluetooth with windows connection recently purchased an ACER ASPIRE from PC world tech guys with WINDOWS i already had a set of PLANTRONICS BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES with were working on my old PC WINDOWS XP no problems Innitially although i was advised some drivers were not installed properly i got the headphones to strea music sound via my ADVENT MINI BLUETOOTH ADAPTER but then it ceased to wortk I tried updating the drivers and they worked again then stopped I purchased the BELKIN MINI BLUETOOTH ADAPTER as an alternative bluetooth connection with windows 7 and installed updating any drivers i m alll up to date aapparently I casnt stream bluetooth connection with windows 7 any sound The bluetooth finds the headphones says its connected but the music still fails to stream through headphones The headpohnes connect with my mobile phones ok bluetooth connection with windows 7 and the laptop says headphones working ok Maybe it is a laptop setting as when i hover the mouse over the Bluetooth icon it says bluetooth devices BUT IT IS GREYED OUT Similarly if i click on the icon all options are available APART FROM ALLoW A DEVICE TO CONNECT SORRY for the caps but i thought it would make it easier to seee the equipment issues easier Please help as this is very frustrating especially as innitially they were working I have tried all the option si could but i m missing something maybe its obvious I know its not connecting as ther bluetooth icon wont go green even when it says the audio gateway is connected sometimes i dont understand why the connect to device is there but GREYED OUT P s i noticed on the packaging that windows isnt included on the OS for the bluetooth stack but i cant believe windows was designed knowing it wouldnt be compatible and no way of updating pleas help frusrated KARM DREFNER nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I am having a strange bluetooth problem with my XPS 13 that I haven't found a solution for anywhere on the web. I have a bluetooth mouse that connects fine, and doesn't lose connection. The problem is that if i have the mouse connected and put my laptop into sleep mode, then turn off the mouse, upon resuming windows it doesn't detect that the mouse has been disconnected. I am running Windows 10, and I have a setting enabled that disables the touchpad when a bluetooth mouse is connected, so as you can imagine the device becomes very difficult to use in the situation that this issue creates. This is definitely an issue with Windows 10, not the laptop, but if anyone has a solution to this problem(not a workaround), it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:XPS 13 Bluetooth issue, Windows 10

Can I ask what bluetooth mouse you're using?  I can't get my Logitech M557 to work reliably with my XPS-13.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19651375
Relevancy 55.04%

well i decided to go full bluetooth because im tired of spending money on replacment headphones and broken tangled cables so i brought myself some Tone infinium HBS- bluetooth headphones now on my phone that supports APT-X these things are amazing but on my bluetooth i escape (Bluetooth Crackling to issue) hell? how this computer it seems that im plagued with interference and sound crackling so i swapped out my realtek AC wireless wifi card and brought a intel Dualband bluetooth for a while it seemed to be working and now its again crackling and shuddering its driving me nuts then i brought THIS so that i can make anything bluetooth just to my disappointment that i dont think these thing scan connect to each other how to i escape this bluetooth hell? (Bluetooth Crackling issue) i mean how would i connect to things that have no gui together but someone said they have done it ant it works fine but i can for the life of me find out how to do it i have already trying updating the drivers on my computer and i ave the latest but if i cover my bluetooth or even move feet away from it it crackles and disconnects sometimes it was not doing that at first and i only tested it with my pc but yea i tried phones and they are flawless i could go outside of my apartment and i would be connected on all phones but not on my pc

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/44539-how-i-escape-bluetooth-hell-bluetooth-crackling-issue.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys im not one how post on these much just needing a little help with a head beater!

I have a customer xps M2010 it has windows 7 32-bit 4gbs of ram

Im currently running windows updates too SP1

So im not sure if Its ever connected its keyboard with windows 7 installed befor i got to this machine.

Iv installed the bluetooth drivers from the dell site and ran the patch update but once i reboot the system the Bluetooth is not showing in device manager! I'v tried running the drivers as Admin but now change and iv also tried about 3 Keyboard on the system.

Has any one had this issue before?

Iv had another one that did this some while back and i couldent rember how to get it to stick. but i was able to type in the Bluetooth pairing numbers and it stayed.
Any help is much appreciated!

A:XPS M2010 Bluetooth- Keyboard sync issue - bluetooth

OK so new up date.

iv gotten the keyboard to sync on post. so im able to use the keyboard in the bios and boot options Etc.

Now when i get into windows the system isn't pick up the keyboard. iv reinstalled the drivers and tried to install the patch but the system can find the blue tooth chip.

so now i know its able to connect but windows, im trying to get to the Bluetooth setting but i was unable to fine it in control panel when i did a search, any ideas on what i should do next.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/200291-xps-m2010-bluetooth-keyboard-sync-issue-bluetooth.html
Relevancy 54.61%

How to make N580 bluetooth ready running Wundows 10--so far I have found no drivers available.

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue and move post to the correct forum.

A:N580 - Bluetooth issue with Windows 10.

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Unfortunately there were never any drivers released for the N580 and Windows 10.  Have you tried installing the Windows 8.1 bluetooth driver?  If it doesn't install, try installing it in Windows Compatibility Mode.  Here is the Windows 8.1 driver........

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-n-series-laptops/ideapad-n580/...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/N580-Bluetooth-issue-with-Windows-10/td-p/3373795
Relevancy 54.61%

I installed windows 7 on compaq presario cq45-402tu laptop. I have nokia Phone. I tried to connect it with bluetooth. My laptop detected phone and begin to install drivers. dialup modem succesfully installed. bluetooth peripheral device installation failed. Because No drivers found. (windows 7 searched drivers from windows update but no luck.)
So, where I find these drivers.
*My laptop came with vista home basic. It has HP integrated Bluetooth adapter.

A:[SOLVED] Bluetooth Issue on windows 7

Run the Windows 7 Upgrade advisor --> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...e-advisor.aspx

Go to the HP/ Compaq site and see if Windows 7 BT drivers are available --> http://www.compaq.com/country/cpq_support.html

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-bluetooth-issue-on-windows-7-a-439621.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey guys I 7 Issue in connectivity bluetooth with Windows m running Windows Ultimate and today I tried connecting my bluetooth adapter and connecting a bluetooth headset through it for use in applications I am using a Issue with bluetooth connectivity in Windows 7 Belkin Mini USB bluetooth adapter model F T When I connected the adapter all drivers installed fine I didn t install any official ones so I assume it is using s onboard drivers I have a Motorola H Bluetooth headset that I tried to connect through the adapter It then gave me a quot driver not found quot error From what I know there isn t supposed to be an actual driver for this device because the adapter is supposed to handle everything Windows recognizes the device name etc But does not find a driver for it so it does not show up so that I can select it as the default microphone Maybe I am doing something wrong I connected it went Issue with bluetooth connectivity in Windows 7 into Control Panel gt Hardware and Sound gt Manage Audio Devices but cannot select Issue with bluetooth connectivity in Windows 7 the device as the default mic Is there another way of doing it that I am not aware of As a side note this worked perfectly under XP The adapter was able to configure the device successfully and I could select it as the default mic in for XP But somehow I get a problem on I get the feeling I am missing something obvious here can anyone help me out Thanks Alias nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-bluetooth-connectivity-in-windows-7.867129/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I am a simple guy and I have a simple mobile - a Doro That said the pairing and transfer of data pictures mainly between phone and pc worked perfectly until one day was it when I upgraded to or was it when 'Knowhow' aka 'Techguys' had to do a re-install Don't ask me Now the laptop finds and tells me that it is paired to the phone - and the phone says it is paired to the laptop But whenever I try and send a photo across it ends up by giving me a quot transfer incomplete quot and a red X Vodafone local paired successfully with one of their staff phones - and sent over a pic to prove it So they surmised that it was the laptop quot speak Knowhow quot Knowhow says that the code on the laptop is corrupted quot speak Vodafone quot Vodafone says that only Acer can send me the un-corrupted code quot speak to Acer quot - and guess what Acer says that as I purchased the laptop from Currys they offer no support which is contracted to Knowhow Does anyone know how I get the right ruddy code into my ruddy laptop and solve the problem - or is that not the problem at to connection AcerAspire (Windows E mobile gone Bluetooth 10) 15 all but something else Thanks for your patience Guys

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32717-bluetooth-connection-aceraspire-e-15-windows-10-mobile-gone.html
Relevancy 54.18%
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello to all forum users.

I have a Toshiba Satellite P70-B-102 laptop with the operating system Windows 8.1 in Portuguese.

The problem I have is that I can not upgrade to Windows 10, since, according to the application Windows upgrade, the computer can not update Bluetooth drivers, including the following: Bluetooth RFHID, RFBNEP, RFBUS and RFCOMM.

This situation remains for at least a month and a half and I can not update the windows to version 10.

Someone can help me solve this problem?

Thanks for your precious help!
Pedro Moura

A:Satellite P70-B-102 - Bluetooth issue upgrade to Windows 10

This is very strange… i think this must be some kind of Windows bug… i would recommend you to check whether all Windows updates and fixes are installed…

Furthermore the unit is listed as a Win 10 upgrade supported model, therefore Win 10 upgrade should be possible.

The unit is listed here: http://win10upgrade.toshiba.com/swup...spx?region=TEG

The Win 10 driver can be downloaded and updated from this page:
http://win10upgrade.toshiba.com/swup...spx?region=TEG

but in case the Windows 10 upgrade using the automatic upgrade procedure would not work, try to upgrade Windows 10 using the media creation tool
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...n-tool-install

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?85058-Satellite-P70-B-102-Bluetooth-issue-upgrade-to-Windows-10
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok here is my issue ( screenshot is provided )

My board has BT Go on it as standard and even though all is installed and i can pair my devices to my pc ( phone )

I am unable to send or receive files to and from the pc to any paired device.

Now Asus website shows NO support for the bluetooth for windows 8.1 for my board as yet but does for windows 8.

I even have to use an older chipset driver suite due to several device manager issues with the newer ones.

Anyone have any solution / help as to what i can do for this to be able to help me use the bluetooth function as it should work?

Thankyou in advance.

A:Windows 8.1 64 Bit Bluetooth Issue Asus P9X79 Pro

Anyone able to help shed any light on this ?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/42010-windows-8-1-64-bit-bluetooth-issue-asus-p9x79-pro.html
Relevancy 54.18%

i cannot find bluetooth driver for my TravelMate p253-MG for windows 10 . any solution please ? , thank's .

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-One-10-S1002-Windows-10-Drivers/td-p/445511/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi All S7-392 windows update Aspire Issue Bluetooth 10 nbsp I have been having a problem with my aspire s - notebook I Aspire S7-392 Bluetooth Issue windows 10 update recently upgraded to windows The laptop now will constantly scan for bluetooth devices but can not connect to any of them All devices show up as unknown devices and nbsp are not capable of pairing when the pair button is pressed nbsp I upgraded the intel bluetooth driver from the Acer support website and uninstalled the old driver that was from windows I also upgraded the intel proset wireless LAN driver nbsp BTW this seems like a joke almost none of the drivers for the s - automatically upgraded when switching over to windows from what kind of nbsp guided support for the installation process nbsp is that Even the Acer Care Center bloatware program couldn't detect the need to upload all the drivers over to windows that are listed on the support center download page nbsp Is there anything else I should be doing here nbsp Thanks nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-S7-392-Bluetooth-Issue-windows-10-update/td-p/437189/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi All S7-392 Bluetooth Aspire 10 Issue update windows nbsp I have been having Aspire S7-392 Bluetooth Issue windows 10 update a problem with my aspire s - notebook I recently upgraded to windows The laptop now will constantly scan for bluetooth devices but can not connect to any of them All devices show up as Aspire S7-392 Bluetooth Issue windows 10 update unknown devices and nbsp are not capable of pairing when the pair button is pressed nbsp I upgraded the intel bluetooth driver from the Acer support website and Aspire S7-392 Bluetooth Issue windows 10 update uninstalled the old driver that was from windows I also upgraded the intel proset wireless LAN driver nbsp BTW this seems like a joke almost none of the drivers for the s - automatically upgraded when switching over to windows from what kind of nbsp guided support for the installation process nbsp is that Even the Acer Care Center bloatware program couldn't detect the need to upload all the drivers over to windows that are listed on the support center download page nbsp Is there anything else I should be doing here nbsp Thanks nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-S7-392-Bluetooth-Issue-windows-10-update/td-p/437189
Relevancy 54.18%

I am stumped The Bluetooth service BTHSERV runs fine when my system is started my Bluetooth Bit when issue Windows sleep 7 64 from waking Bluetooth Windows 7 64 Bit Bluetooth issue when waking from sleep devices all connect and everything is fine However if my PC sleeps upon waking the Bluetooth service no longer functions and no devices connect If I try to restart the service nothing happens it just says trying to stop The only way to get BTHSERV to stop and restart is to completely reboot the PC I ran a scan and all the files on windows check out as okay I even have the Bluetooth radio set that it will not turn off to conserve power but this makes no difference It appears that the service is the issue This is a brand new motherboard and a fresh install of windows bit with all updates Small Update If I put the PC to sleep twice when it wakes up the Bluetooth service starts to work again This is strange Must be a better solution though Any help is very much appreciated

A:Windows 7 64 Bit Bluetooth issue when waking from sleep

My guess would be a damaged or poorly written driver.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554586/windows-7-64-bit-bluetooth-issue-when-waking-from-sleep/
Relevancy 54.18%

i cannot find bluetooth driver for my TravelMate p253-MG for windows 10 . any solution please ? , thank's .

A:TravelMate p253-MG bluetooth for windows 10 issue

Atheros or Broadcom?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/TravelMate-p253-MG-bluetooth-for-windows-10-issue/td-p/445511
Relevancy 54.18%

I have been upgraded hp elitebook 2560p from win 7 64 bit pro to win 10 64 bit pro but when i upgraded bluetooth module is not showing in device manager.   What can i do?

A:Windows 10 issue on hp 2560p about bluetooth conection

Hi: Sounds like you had the HP Connection Manager software installed and the bluetooth radio turned off when you upgraded to W10. The problem is that the HP connection manager software cannot run on W10 so you can't turn the BT radio back on. The only suggestion I can offer is this... Revert to W7, turn the bluetooth radio on, uninstall the connection manager software, restart the PC, verify the bluetooth radio is on, and the bluetooth icon present, and then upgrade to W10 again.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Windows-10-issue-on-hp-2560p-about-bluetooth-conection/td-p/5605424
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello there community people.
I'm new here and need a serious attention to fix my problem.
I really need some help here,Since two days trying to fix this issue but still no luck.

i do not know how to describe my problem but i have attached one image that shows 'Bluetooth USB' in device manager,
was that normal?furthermore i can't even send any file via bluetooth,Am i missing something here?

Please help.

A:Bluetooth Radio Issue (NO Bluetooth Detected)

You need to give the exact model number for your ASUS.

But have you checked the ASUS website for the bt driver for your model.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/397464-bluetooth-radio-issue-no-bluetooth-detected.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Laptop has 2 users setup, first user can connect locally and to the internet, the 2nd user can connect locally but cant connect to the internet.

Acer Aspire Laptop

Any Advice.

A:Laptop Connection Issue

What operating system is on each of the laptops?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-connection-issue.120897/
Relevancy 53.75%

I just recently notice that the performance on my Toshiba laptop is decreasing.
The other say I decided to play minecraft and noticed it was lagging more than usual. When I tried to play on my friends server I could barely move. I've also noticed the fps drops in games like Cod4 and CSS. I've cleaned out my registry, cleared out some hard drive space, and ran gamebooster but nothing seems to work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Toshiba P755 S5320
Intel Core i3 2.20ghz
Intel HD 3000 graphics
6gb ram
640gb hdd

PS: I tried MC multiplayer on my sister's HP and it ran with no lag issues.

A:Windows 7 Toshiba performance issue

What antivirus/antimalware programs are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-toshiba-performance-issue.180632/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all I freshly installed Windows Pro x in an SSD I'm still using Windows x until I can sort out some issues In Windows Device Manager under quot Bluetooth Radios quot I see a single line labeled quot Bluetooth module quot Broadcom driver version In Windows under quot Bluetooth Radios quot I see lines listed quot Bluetooth module quot as with Win Broadcom plus two Microsoft items Bluetooth Enumerator and I forgot the other one Is it fine for the Microsoft and Broadcom driver to coexist or should I keep only one If so which one I tried disabling uninstalling the Microsoft one but it keeps coming back Thanks P D In Windows if I want to turn On Off the Bluetooth Adapter there's a bluetooth icon in system tray that install fresh in issue 8.1 Windows driver Bluetooth I can right click to do this In Windows that same icon also shows in system tray but when I right click on it the option to turn it on off does not show up I guess the only way to do so is Bluetooth driver issue in Windows 8.1 fresh install to go to NEtowrking Change Adapter Settings and disable it from there Weird

A:Bluetooth driver issue in Windows 8.1 fresh install

No there is no problem - just leave them like that. If you have a special key combination (e.g. FN+F2) you can enable/disable like this.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/47785-bluetooth-driver-issue-windows-8-1-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Notebook information Toshiba Satellite L -S Windows Home Premium -bit About a month ago I was on my notebook browsing clipart on Office Microsoft com when a window popped up in the lower right corner taskbar The only anti-virus I was using was Windows Defender and running IOBit I will tell you Registration Toshiba Notebook infection issue Toshiba & what I remember The window borders in the pop up were red it presented itself as a Microsoft Windows product and it stated I was infected with a virus There were or buttons to click and I clicked one of them which prompted me to buy the product I did not do this I closed the window again and again and downloaded several anti-virus anti-spyware and anti-malware free programs in addition to system optimization software Several threats were found and removed unfortunately I do not have the logs for these events but the startup was getting slower and slower and I believe my settings were being hijacked Over the last several weeks I did a little amateur investigation to see what was running in the task manager I came across a process that I was not familiar with and that I had not seen previously taisregistpinger exe I performed about a half dozen factory restores which only seemed to make things worse until on after the last factory restore on the original factory hard drive the desktop was now a blue screen with big bold red font that read WARNING your computer is now infected with malware spyware I can t remember It had a couple more paragraphs that I did not read After weeks of headaches and frustration I purchased a new hard rive On I installed the new hard drive and ran the recovery media DVD s All went well and I proceeded to download Avir Anti-Virus SuperAntispyware Advanced System Care IOBit Malwarebytes and CCleaner Then I moved on to download the Windows Updates The first set downloaded and installed fine with a prompt to restart Toshiba Notebook infection & Toshiba Registration issue which I did Then I went back to Windows Updates to check for additional updates which there was a single download It was downloaded installed and restarted with no problems I went back to Windows Update again to check for more updates again and there was another individual update I downloaded and installed it This download did not have a restart prompt but I did anyway Upon start up an Internet Explorer Toshiba Registration window popped up indicating that it could connect to the internet Here s the problem with this window This window is not the same as the real original Toshiba Registration window as when I opened the brand new laptop and registered it for the first time in I located this quot file quot in Start All Programs My Toshiba Toshiba Registration When I open it I see Icons that do not seem to fit with the other legit Toshiba icons I will get to the outcome of this in a minute After that window popped up I left it there didn t click anywhere on it I ran a scan with IOBit which detected and removed Trojan Win BHO Registry Key HKEY CLASSES ROOT kt bho KettleBho - I was still not comfortable that either of these issues were taken care of So last night I contacted Microsoft to get assistance with the window and the Trojan At the beginning of the call I could not log into our home network to access the internet He directed me to go Internet Properties Connection click LAN Settings uncheck Automatic Detection settings check Use Proxy server Click OK then to Advanced tab and Reset I was then able to access the network and get the internet The Microsoft representative did his thing with remote access ran a scan which did not detect any viruses spyware or malware but fixed registry issues Then he scanned my notebook again which came up clean He confirmed that my system was free of viruses but I voiced my concern regarding the window He had me work on the system while he watched remotely to see if the incidence would occur again I proceeded to go to Start All Programs My Toshiba and Tosh... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384765/toshiba-notebook-infection-toshiba-registration-issue/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, my laptop is telling me that I have limited or no connectivity to the internet. When I type in ipconfig it shows that I have no Default Gateway and I was wondering if that could be causing the problem. My PC is wirelessly connected just fine to the router and so is my wii but the laptop is having this problem. I entered the information needed for the router exactly the same way that I did with the PC and the wii.

Relevancy 53.32%

I have an old laptop that I am trying to connect to the Internet. It is a Dell Latitude D610 running Windows XP. Last time I used it, it was my primary computer and I had a Verizon USB drive and installed Verizon software to connect to the Internet. I have Adobe Creative Suite installed on that computer and the version I have (CS3) is not compatible with my current laptop that runs Windows 8. So I was just going to use it on the old laptop but it is asking me to verify the software online. So I plugged the laptop into my Comcast modem using an ethernet cable. It now says it is connected but I still don't have Internet access. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Internet connection issue on old laptop

On XP you have to re-create the Network connection from scratch via Control Panel/Network

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,150058.0.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys,

So i spent the entire day trying to figure out why my Bluetooth installed fine but after one restart it disappeared and it wouldn't come back. I finally figured it out that the FN+F2 (wireless/bluetooth switches) is what enables/disabled it HAHAHAHAHA.

default (after startup): WiFi on / BT off
first time: WiFi on / BT ON yay~!
second time: WiFi off / BT on
third time: WiFi off / BT off

and repeat.

I hope this helps people with their bluetooth issues =)

Windows 8 was able to install all my Function Keys so I'm going to assume this will be the case for others. Good luck

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/11393-acer-timelinex-bluetooth-drivers-maybe-all-laptop-bluetooth-functions.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Guys I stumbled accross a problem that i can not solve Issue Toshiba Sattelite Windows Vista+XP in a timely manner It all started whne i took my friends laptop in for downgrade He was having issues with vista at the time The laptop will show a quick blue screen and shut down I wiped vista off the Drive by using Wipe Drive and then I laughed the windows xp CD Well it gave me a screen saying quot no hard disk found quot I immediately went to intell and downloaded the SCI RAID DRIVERS I have no floppy so i used a program to extract files from the floppy image and made a slipstream version of XP with nLite I ran Windows XP again and it detected the Hard Drive so I formated to NTFS Fille System I installed XP and everything went well but when Windows started for the first time it got a quick blue screen and went off LOL now i was mad but i kept my cool I decided to return the system back to windows Vista Ofcourse more problems lol After Vista installs and gets to the point were it is quot finalizing the installtion quot It shuts the laptop down and when i turn it on iot Windows Vista+XP Toshiba Sattelite Issue says quot windows can not proceed because your system was shut down unexpectedly durring setup quot Oh boi i was MAD lol but i still kept my cool I booted into command prompt with Vista DVD and Ran quot bootrec exe FixBoot MBR It said Windows Vista+XP Toshiba Sattelite Issue quot Operation successfully Completed Then I ran Format c and it formated teh Drive I restarted and ran Vista OS and the installation process did the same thing So i decided to take a different aproach and ran Chkdsk r and it ran for hour It replaced severall Clusters on the HDD Windows Vista+XP Toshiba Sattelite Issue I said oh boi i had alot of errors I restarted and ran windows installation again and same issue LOL I am using the first VISTA CD Minus SP However since his laptop is a Toshibal A - My last result is to download a Windows Vista OS with SP Intergrated I am currently doing that - - However I am not sure if it will work and it will take a while to Download So if any of you feel that i am missing something that i havnt tried and know how to solve this I will be most greatfull This is beyond my expertise THANKS IN ADVANCE nbsp

A:Windows Vista+XP Toshiba Sattelite Issue

You're going to need Vista drivers for all the on-board components from Toshiba.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-vista-xp-toshiba-sattelite-issue.108323/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a 2.5 yrs old gateway laptop. I hardly use the built in wireless on it. I tried to use it yesterday but it wouldnt be able to detect/search any wireless networks. I noticed the wireless light on the laptop wasnt turned on . and nor was the wireless icon in the task bar. The Key to turn on the wireless on the laptop seems to be F2 since it has a wirelsss icon on it. but the Damn thing wouldnt get turned on even if i held the F2 key for a long time. Can anybody please help with this ???

IS F2 the only key or do I need to use any combination ???

How do I get the wireless light icon to show on the computer so that i can connect to a wirelss network ??

Will greatly appreciate your help...

Thanks.

A:Gateway laptop - Wireless connection issue !

You need to hold the Function key and then press F2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-wireless-connection-issue.602716/
Relevancy 52.46%

HELLO, 

I am facing a problem my laptop is connected to a Bluetooth internet network and I am accessing internet on the laptop, I have created a virtual wifi hotspot on laptop and I want to share bluetooth internet connection but it shows no network access how to
enable Bluetooth internet sharing. 

Please help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/30d8ee9b-5b16-42ab-92e6-a05550c12721/sharing-bluetooth-internet-connection-by-creating-a-wifi-hotspot-in-windows-8?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.46%

My Laptop Model : HP Pavilion 15-ab267cl  My Sony Bluetooth Head Set model:  Sony mdr-zx330bt I am not able to connect my bluetooth Headset to the Laptop. IN bletooth devices it's not detecting my headset

A:laptop Bluetooth is no detecting my sony bluetooth headset -...

Hi, You have to allow your Sony is discoverable. How ? Please check its manual. Normally it MUST have a blue button to press. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/laptop-Bluetooth-is-no-detecting-my-sony-bluetooth-headset/td-p/5741017
Relevancy 52.46%

How can we check, Bluetooth device installed on my laptop?

A:Bluetooth, Windows 7 laptop

Hi jainpulickal,

What is the brand/model of your laptop?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bluetooth-windows-7-laptop-616459.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Installed paired Motorola H to use with Skype using Download CSR Bluetooth driver v for Windows Vista Windows Server x -bit because bloggers said it worked on with Skype very well which it did yesterday I had gone into control panel gone Bluetooth HP 32-bit Windows from laptop 7 gt sounds gt manage audio devices gt playback and set the H as the default communications device whereupon the Conexant speakers disappeared until I finally learned today that you have to right click the white space to recover disabled devices Today is when I recovered the Conexant speakers because the H had disappeared and of course stopped working I saw somewhere Bluetooth gone from Windows 7 32-bit HP laptop that a device may only be Bluetooth gone from Windows 7 32-bit HP laptop paired with only a phone or a PC not both at the same time My PC and my cell phone occupy the same desk so maybe the phone hijacked the pairing back from the PC when I rebooted earlier today So I have blocked the H from my cell phone since I rarely use it and can pair it again easily when needed However the problem now is that the Bluetooth icon has disappeared from my PC and after a search could not find Bluetooth in the PC I manually looked through device manager and it is not there Thanks in advance if you have a solution Please help me find and enable bluetooth again nbsp

A:Bluetooth gone from Windows 7 32-bit HP laptop

Since the bluetooth device is not shown in Device Manager, this means either 1 or 2:

1. Bluetooth is disabled/turned off either by the bluetooth slider switch somewhere on one of the laptop's 4 sides, or there will be a key (usually top row) which has to pressed in combination with the 'Fn' key.

Or

2. The bluetooth adapter itself is faulty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-gone-from-windows-7-32-bit-hp-laptop.1055045/
Relevancy 52.46%

Just purchased a new laptop today (Toshiba Satellite A305-S6837) and unfortunately it came with Vista, but I want to give Vista a try. Along with the laptop I purchased a microsft bluetooth mouse.

Problem is, the toshiba bluetooth software is not working correctly. I cannot detect the mouse.

any suggestions?

A:Toshiba, Vista, & Bluetooth

Here's the text from a file that was loaded to the desktop prior to my purchase... I've tried these tacts, but still nothing

Bluetooth Stack Installation Guide

This document instructs users to replace the Bluetooth Stack.

Note: "Bluetooth Stack" is a name commonly used to describe the driver
and apps used to control Bluetooth devices.

Before replacing the Bluetooth Stack, please make sure that either "Bluetooth
Stack for Windows by Toshiba" or "Microsoft Windows Bluetooth Stack" is
not running on your machine.

If you are using Bluetooth Devices (BT Mouse or keyboard, for example) be
advised that they will not be available while you are upgrading or switching
Bluetooth Stacks.

Notes:
To use Microsoft Windows Bluetooth Stack, Bluetooth Monitor 4 is required
to turn on/off the power on the Bluetooth module. This application is not
required if "Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba" is used.

[Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba -> Microsoft Windows Bluetooth Stack]
1. Open the Programs and Features under Control Panel and uninstall
"Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba", which is currently installed,
and then reboot your PC.
2. Install "Bluetooth Monitor (BtMon4Inst.exe)" software from the
"C:\TOSHIBA\BTMonitor" folder.
3. "Microsoft Windows Bluetooth Stack" will be installed automatically.
Open the Control Panel and open "Bluetooth Device" to configure the
settings (to display the Bluetooth icon to the task bar, open "Options"
tab and enable "Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area").

[Microsoft Windows Bluetooth Stack -> Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba]
1. Install "Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba Vx.xx.xx" from
the Recovery Media or Application Installer.
2. Reboot the PC.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-vista-and-bluetooth-246230.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My syatem is Windows 8.1. This software appeared in the Windows Updates.

I installed it, but it makes the bluetooth function disappear from the system , and I can't use the bluetooth function.

This software does not appear in the "Uninstall Program", I can't locate its installation loaction.

Do you have any idea on how to uninstall it.

A:Toshiba Bluetooth Radio

Just Right Click on it and see if it will remove. In the Toshiba folder on C:/ (may be under Programs or Programs x86), there should be a related folder with a Uninstall.

The installer at support.toshiba.com may give you the ID# that Toshiba uses for that file, when you click on Download.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/60832-toshiba-bluetooth-radio.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys

I have SP6000 Toshiba Notebook and in the tools CD of notebook has the software for bluetooth which I did install . But when I click after I open manager tools for start , it says (The bluetooth is not turn on ) and in the left side of notebook I did check and is on .
what is the problem , do I have internal bluetooth ? if not why there is software and instruction from Manual .

please inform me .

thx

A:Looking for bluetooth in notebook toshiba

Sometimes Toshibas (and other brands) put together a CD for more than one type of PC and in fact your exact make and model may be able to support bluetooth but just not have the bluetooth chip installed. The easiest way to find out is to look in your device manager and see if you have an icon that looks like a blue oval with white lines in it ( see the icon on the top right of this page - http://www.bluetooth.com/ ) usually if you have bluetooth installed from the factory there will be a button with the same symbol on it somewhere and usually has an obnoxious blue LED as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-bluetooth-in-notebook-toshiba.392972/
Relevancy 52.46%

i have a tecra s1 i have installed a internal bluetooth card but cant seem to get it to work i have all the toshiba bluetooth drivers and software installed im running windoes xp pro fresh install any help would be greatfull thanks in advance

A:Toshiba Tecra s1 Bluetooth

Is that a Toshiba Bluetooth card or a 3rd party card? You will have to find out the model number and make sure you have the correct driver installed for that card. I can imagine that there are several different Bluetooth cards available for that model laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-tecra-s1-bluetooth.161295/
Relevancy 52.03%

Have a dell Vostro 3550 w/windows 7 64 bit. Can I pair Bluetooth Speakers?

A:Bluetooth Pairing - Windows 7 Laptop

DUNCANMATHESON,
You should be able to pair the bluetooth speakers to your computer. Below are some links to help you get the speakers paired.
In Windows 7

Turn on your Bluetooth device and make it discoverable.The way you make it discoverable depends on the device. Check the device or visit the manufacturer's website to learn how.
Select the Start button 

> Devices and Printers.
Select Add a device > select the device > Next.
Follow any other instructions that might appear. Otherwise, you're done and connected.

Your Bluetooth device and PC will usually automatically connect anytime the two devices are in range of each other with Bluetooth turned on.
How to Connect Bluetooth Speakers to a Windows 7 Laptop

Fix, connect to and learn about Bluetooth

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19987080
Relevancy 52.03%

I am trying to connect a Logtech wireless headset. I cannot find any settings for Bluetooth, or driver updates. On the bottom of the laptop I found the model number 15-1010wm. I tried connecting wth Control Panel>Devices and Printers, and the connect a device option. It found a phone, but not the headphones. In the summer I was looking in the settings and saw Bluetooth, either on my laptop or my siblings' (neither of them have Bluetooth options now). I have looked in Device Manager on mine and my siblings' laptop, and saw no Bluetooth. I have looked at multiple guides and none of them work. I know the headphones work because I connected them to my tablet.  Does anyone have any ideas or links to Bluetooth drivers that might help?

A:Can't Get Bluetooth to Work On Windows 8.1 Laptop

I remember a month or two ago Windows updated. This could be helpful.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Can-t-Get-Bluetooth-to-Work-On-Windows-8-1-Laptop/td-p/5854699
Relevancy 51.6%

I have checked the posts and don't see anything that gets to the root of my issue. Here goes:

I have a Toshiba Tecra R10 laptop with Win 7 Ultimate. For Bluetooth it has the most current Toshiba Bluetooth Stack. I can get my iPhone paired with the laptop, and can initially get the iPhone Personal Hot Spot working, but it will always eventually disconnect, usually after 30 seconds or so of web browsing. It may bring up a page or two, but eventually drops the connection. The iPhone Personal Hot Spot works fine with a Dell Netbook I have and my HP laptop. So the issues is with the Toshiba.

I spent time with Apple Support and Toshiba Support. I restored the iPhone per Apple (btw, it has the latest Apple IOS 4.3.2 for iPhone), and reloaded the BT Stack and downloaded the latest BIOS per Toshiba. Nothing helps.

I want to fix this!

A:iPhone HotSpot and Toshiba Bluetooth

Bumping this once

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/157829-iphone-hotspot-toshiba-bluetooth.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an Advent 4211 laptop and when i try to use a bluetooth dongle I get the error message "Thank you for evaluating the bluetooth stack for windows by Toshiba. The licence . Please obtain a new one"

I have downloaded and installed the Toshiba stack but still get the same error message.I then find out that I can only get a licence through the OEM supplier - Advent.

How do I do this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/licence-bluetooth-stack-toshiba.877280/