Windows Support Forum

Vista will not reboot with new motherboard

Q: Vista will not reboot with new motherboard

I put in a new motherboard and Vista will not boot up
it tries to but it will not I have done everything the motherboard
company told me to do but it still will not boot

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Vista will not reboot with new motherboard

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Vista will not reboot with new motherboard

and welcome to the Forum

Is the new board the same model as the old board?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-will-not-reboot-with-new-motherboard-542607.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello there,

I'm looking for some help with getting my PC to work after a motherboard replacement.

I have installed a new board, Z170XP-SLI with an i7 processor, purchased built and tested. Having connected all the bits back up and switched on it appears to be running as it boots to the windows repair screen, and then says that it is unable to carry out repairs. I suspect that I need to install some drivers but am at a loss as to how to do this. Not sure what to do next, other than seek some expert help.

Thanks.

Malc

A:Trying to reboot after installing a new motherboard

If you can get to the bios, make the first boot option DVD and try the Repair option directly from your Windows disc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/trying-to-reboot-after-installing-a-new-motherboard-1089706.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I upgraded to a new motherboard/cpu and now xp will reboot soon as it goes to show the xp logo. It doesn't matter if I boot into normal or safe mode. I think the problem may be that I don't have the drivers for the new motherboard loaded? Is there an easy fix or can I get the new drivers on there without having to boot xp? I'm thankful for any advice.

A:new motherboard xp reboot loop

Let me guess; you transfered the hard drive from the old motherboard/cpu to the new motherboard/cpu without reinstalling xp?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-motherboard-xp-reboot-loop.807229/
Relevancy 48.16%

Dear all I have tried reformatting with different OS - Vista x and to reboot? causes Motherboard Power windows x but when playing certain games I get BSOD or just a reboot without the BSOD prompt reboot has been disabled in the system failure option The Motherboard I use is Abit AW D-Max which has the pin connection pin Molex and the pin connection for power inlet Now the pin Molex cable is shared with few Power to Motherboard causes reboot? of my other devices such as sound card and fans since I only got cables Molex connectors in total supplied with the PSU So I am trying to get hold of more Molex cables from Enermax so I can just supply the power direct to the motherboard without sharing it to see if this stops the reboots but no luck no-one has them and they are out of stock I have tried registry programs Trojan removers reformatting updating drivers re-installing games memtest prime etc The results with memtest shown no errors when run for hours Now I have installed Vista eternity x since the sound card console launcher was not functioning with windows and I cannot get to select what mode I want to run the sound card - game entertainment movie - after a few days of install so I do not know if it is do with some windows update that disables this functioning of the sound card CPU Intel Q Ghz Core Quad Processor Q M Cache GHz MHz FSB MOBO Abit AW D-Max SOUND CARD Creative labs Elite Pro X-Fi GPU EVGA GeForce GTX CO-OP Hydro Copper Video Card - MB DDR PCI-Express PSU Enermax Revolution ERV EGT w PSU RAM OCZ Reaper HPC Edition Dual Channel GB x GB Memory - DIMM -pin - MHz PC - TOWER Thermaltake Kandalf LCS VD BWS Full tower Water cooled HDD Western Digital Caviar SE GB AAKS SATA II MB Cache OS Windows x Final OEM and Vista Eternity x and other components such as Aero Cool FP- -in- Card Reader And LCD Bay Controller and UV strobes and Large Fans and other items I cannot remember The only thing I can suggest is that the sharing of the power cable pin Molex maybe causing the reboot when computer under stress For a few days since I have reformatted with Vista x when I am watching movies using power DVD etc and doing other background activities such as downloading or installing the computer reboots The same happens with windows x I did have a problem when I was installing windows updates and installing other software where the computer rebooted a few times could this have caused the windows updates to be corrupt Hope someone has an idea what I should do Thanks in advance Regards Jazz nbsp

A:Power to Motherboard causes reboot?

I was trying a reformat with Vista Eternity x64 again last night -->
Installed the driver for the GPU and was installing windows update and browsing the website - when the computer rebooted without the BSOD even though I disable auto reboot at system failure. No other drivers were installed such as for my sound card etc.

So does this rule out that the sound card could be the cause of the reboots and that likely the power supplied to the Motherboard could be the issue?

Anyhow I have given up and re-installed windows 7 x64 7600...

The following actions carried out ? Installed the drivers for GPU and sound card, anti virus (Kaspersky), regcure, Tune-up utilities, Xoftspy, Ccleaner, Microsoft office 2010, Winrar and Windows updates.

All seems to be running good and I can take control over the sound card to change the configuration of it --> game mode, entertainment mode etc and can control it using the hub - 3d effects volume control etc etc.

Created a restore point and went bed ^^

Tonight I will install the rest of the software - such as Batman Arkham Asylum and see if the computer reboots and make logs on what software I install / what actions I took before I lose the ability to take control of the sound card configuration and random reboot.

The one issue I am betting on is the power supplied to the motherboard, BUT I cannot rule this out as I need to get extra PSU 4 Pin Molex cables and they hard to get.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-to-motherboard-causes-reboot.141250/
Relevancy 47.73%

All- I just recently purchased this motherboard CPU combo from Frys Outpost and have come upon a strange problem First off I have already replaced the MB and still have the same problem I am going to use this system as a PC based firewall And when I start data tranfers on both NIC interfaces Onboard and PCI based the system either reboots or freezes All drivers are up to date and this only happens when both interfaces are used at the same time I assume it has to do with interrupts and the system not being able to keep up with all the outstanding requests But I just cannot track it down and have searched the internet for days Also I have purchased another sets of ram with the same results Has anyone seen this type of issue on this MB Here is what I have PT CE-A v - Not the current BIOS Upgraded on the other MB Same Result Issue P Ghz CPU GB DDR PC Ram Geil - Which is what they reccomend GB Drive IDE ATA Windows Xp Pro SP -All Patched Radeon AGP Current set of drivers D-Link DFE- TX Current set of srivers The system runs perfectly until I start the transfers Can run fine for days Just when both NIC s are being Problem) Motherboard ESC PT800CE-A (Reboot used it when the problem occurs Any help will be appreciated Glen nbsp

A:ESC Motherboard PT800CE-A (Reboot Problem)

Check in BIOS and in the Power Savings settings of the Screen properties, that your LAN is NOT set to wake up the PC. (also known as WOL wakeup-on-lan)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/esc-motherboard-pt800ce-a-reboot-problem.23310/
Relevancy 46.44%

I bought a computer about a year ago It worked fine for about months then I started having random reboots I thought it was related to my everquest game but have card?? or Motherboard Random reboot prob... Video found out that is not true I have tried switching monitors keyboards memory power supply operating systems and a few more tricks I am now down to guessing it is the chipset or Random reboot prob... Motherboard or Video card?? the mother board The reboots are random no errors in any logs it just says no signal and reboots once it reboots Random reboot prob... Motherboard or Video card?? is starts to cycle But if you let it sit for a day do nothing to it and turn it back on it may be a week before it reboots again Lately seems to be getting more frequent So enuf background here is the computer info Gigabyte MB GA n L nforce ultra AMD athlon ghz processor fsb Kingston kvr x c ddr pc cl memory GB total ATI radeon Pro mb x agp My questions are Does anyone have any idea what is causing the random reboots or know of a common problem causing this affect associated with any of my components Thanks Zantdoit nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hey everyone so I just installed an MSI Z A M motherboard with an i k CPU I'm attempting to install Windows pro x Install Windows Problem New After Motherboard/Fresh 10 Reboot on an SSD and am running into a problem The process goes something like this Boot into BIOS Changed boot order to SSD gt Flash Drive gt Etc Reboot gt F gt boot to USB drive Installation starts I enter my license key install get's to the point where it requires a restart Computer reboots it boots to my SSD and New Motherboard/Fresh Windows 10 Install Problem After Reboot I just get a black screen with nothing but the blinking cursor as so After the Windows install New Motherboard/Fresh Windows 10 Install Problem After Reboot reboot should it New Motherboard/Fresh Windows 10 Install Problem After Reboot be booting to the SSD or back to the flash drive Anyone know if there are any special settings to check in the BIOS to disable etc Fast boot is disabled and BIOS is set to UEFI Legacy Whenever I go through the reinstallation process again it's made about partitions recovery etc Anyone seen this before Thanks

A:New Motherboard/Fresh Windows 10 Install Problem After Reboot

It is supposed to reboot to the SSD. Try the F11 key again, and try each entry for the SSD, there will probably be two. One will start with UEFI (like UEFI hard drive or UEFI SSD), the other will probably be Windows boot manager or it might be hard drive or SSD without the UEFI in front of it.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/49273-new-motherboard-fresh-windows-10-install-problem-after-reboot.html
Relevancy 46.01%

HELLO i recently changey my liptop motherboard due to burning of sone main ac s so called the repair man i googled many problem but result is nil i try many techniques and help as follow i changed the boot pririoty to hdd but no result i used ms-dos for ueif and legacy mode but no sucess i used safe mode but no result when i start pc it popup with a very common message reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key i also use another liptop and with a a proper select device changed and also reboot boot motherboard another liptop my hdd is working properly but why not on my pc if you have a any experience solution then plz share with me or it need a fresh window then told me a method that i dont want to lose my activation my liptop detail toshiba satllite c window reboot and select a proper boot device also motherboard changed intel core i with ghz and gb of ram toshiba hdd with storage of i am waiting for your kind reply

A:reboot and select a proper boot device also motherboard changed

It's rare that Win7 will boot with a mobo change because the hardware difference is too great. But you may be able to adjust it using this boot disk to Adjust Win7 to boot on new hardware with Paragon Adaptive Restore CD.

I doubt whether activation will hold though because change of mobo almost always causes deactivation, and once you change mobos the Product Key on COA sticker no longer will work because the hardware change is considered too great - unless you change the mobo to the same model.

It's possible that it may by a fluke hold activation, or that MS may allow it if you use Phone Activation after it deactivates and rejects the key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/350661-reboot-select-proper-boot-device-also-motherboard-changed.html
Relevancy 45.58%

HELLO select changed. reboot device.......motherboard recently or proper boot a i recently changey my liptop motherboard due to reboot or select a proper boot device.......motherboard recently changed. burning of sone main ac s so called the repair man i googled many problem but result is nil i try many techniques and help as follow i changed the boot pririoty to hhd but no result i used ms-dos for ueif and legacy mode but no sucess i used safe mode but no result when i start pc it popup with reboot or select a proper boot device.......motherboard recently changed. a very common message reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key i also use another liptop and with a another liptop my hhd is working properly but why not on my pc if you have a any experience solution then plz share with me or it need a fresh window then told me a method that i dont want to lose my activation my liptop detail toshiba satllite c window intel core i with ghz and gb of ram toshiba hhd with storage of i am waiting for your kind reply

A:reboot or select a proper boot device.......motherboard recently changed.

Did you reinstall Windows after installing the new motherboard?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554039/reboot-or-select-a-proper-boot-devicemotherboard-recently-changed/
Relevancy 45.58%

I just ran the Remove Vista Internet Security Uninstall Guide tutorial and it seems to taken car of Up Vista Internet Guide) Remove After Security Vista (Uninstall - Reboot Malware Locks 2012 System the malware in safe-mode But now an issue is happening when I get to the end of tutorial after rebooting from Malwarebytes and booting back to the normal boot mode And the system seems to give give the following error then lock up not allowing other programs to run A dialog box titled MalwareBytes with the following message quot Open Event failed to perform desired action Error Code quot A search on Vista System Locks Up After Malware Reboot - Remove Vista Internet Security 2012 (Uninstall Guide) the error points to basically reinstalling Malwarebytes but that does not solve it even just removing malwarebytes all together doesn t solve it After normal startup then the error the system gets lock up Is there something else going on here that needs to be looked at I was trying to find registry entries tied to malwarebytes or Run Once that might be causing it to run and error but no luck yet HiJackThis does not show any weird programs in the Run keys either Any Further Ideas

A:Vista System Locks Up After Malware Reboot - Remove Vista Internet Security 2012 (Uninstall Guide)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/432088 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432088/vista-system-locks-up-after-malware-reboot-remove-vista-internet-security-2012-uninstall-guide/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi, i`m a newbie here. I recentlly had some HORRIBLE internet slow speed issue, LOONg story short after much money and multiple people, I did a simple system restore and my speeds were back to FAST!!! However I did this cause I read somewhere on Google ( or this forum ) that after downloading some updates that happens. So NOW, what the hell do I do. Do I allow Vista to Automatically download uptades again?, and risk screwing it all up again, or do I just buy Windows 7? Any input is Appreciated.

Relevancy 41.71%

My PC was running slow, and I had not shut it down in awhile, so I shut it down and restarted it, hoping it would run faster. When I restarted it, it would not reboot and the error code "0xc000014c" came up. I do not have a restore CD for Vista. So I tried holding F8 down, then tried rebooting with a command prompt of sfc/scannow. It did nothing. Then, I downloaded a restore CD from Microsoft, put it in, but it would do nothing. What else can I do? I do not have the Vista disc because the PC was given to me as is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboot.1000903/
Relevancy 41.71%

Ok i dont normally rock the whole vista os I others. reboot, like Vista not prefer xp but im at work right now Vista reboot, not like others. working on a vista machine attempting to fix it As of right now its a dell dimension E and right after post it restarts I cant boot into ERD for i get a BSD stop code is x B I cant get into safe mode or any of that I am however able to boot to a new diagnostics thing that i havent seen on dell before it tests everything on the system I ran that a few times but it freezes in the middle of the test forcing me to restart the computer and restart the test all over again So i tried that or times but with the freezing i decided to give up Vista reboot, not like others. I've run out of idea the shop doesnt have any Vista cd's to boot to to run repair install or Vista reboot, not like others. just to even check if the MBR is working how it should We backed up the harddrive and have been messing around with the backup version trying to figure it out As of now im just drawing a blank on what to do Any help would be appreciated Scott

A:Vista reboot, not like others.

Cmon guys i need some help with this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-reboot-not-like-others-250390.html
Relevancy 41.71%

ok, what i have is a dell inspiron 1525 laptop with windows vista 32bit.

i have to reinstalled vista on it, but my hard drive is still saying ive used like 70Gb of space, and i cant connect to the internet or any thing. i have all the disks that came with it, but now i have no idea what to do. do i have to sinatll stuff off the disk that says "drivers and utilities?" and if so, what? i really need help asap please. rather get this taken care of befor mom finds out.

A:Vista Reboot

Go to Start and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press EnterThat'll open the Device Manager - which will show you which devices are having problems (by the yellow !'s or red x's)Those are the devices that you'll need to install.First, read this article on the order in which to install Dell device drivers: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/glo...;l=en&s=genIf you can't tell what the devices are, right click on the device and select "Properties",then select the Details tab, and in the dropdown box select "Hardware ID"From the hardware ID, get the 4 characters after the VEN_ and the DEV_Then go to http://www.pcidatabase.com and look up the Vendor ID/ Device ID there - it'll have a description of the device.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154722/vista-reboot/
Relevancy 41.71%

My brother had problems with his notebook so we got told to just start it again from the beginning which I have done, all should be fine right? except now I can't get onto the internet anyway because the correct driver isn't installed.

On device manager a wireless card doesn't even show up, so thats where im getting confused and annoyed at it now, can anyone help?

Ive used the drivers cd to install them but it doesnt seem to work.

A:Reboot of Vista

What Make and Model is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reboot-of-vista.809659/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have an HP Pavillion dv7 laptop with windows vista. i want to wipe the hard drive completely because my dad blocked so much i can't even get on craigslist! anyway, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

Relevancy 41.28%

How do i reboot vista dell laptop?

A:Reboot-Dell with vista

can you explan more - what do you mean by reboot ?
model of the dell would also help

Do you want to recover and set back to factory condition
OR
Restore to a previous date

or if you want to reboot the PC just go to start - and restart

EDIT
I see you explained more in your duplicate thread - closing this one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reboot-dell-with-vista.887515/
Relevancy 41.28%

I suddenly received a flurry of intrusion attempt messages from Norton but the source of the attacks appeared to be my own computer possibly svchost exe although some of them indicated the possibility of a TidServ infection I ran TDSSKiller which found nothing then started a full Norton Scan and a Spybot Search amp Destroy scan About five minutes into the scan the system crashed with a blue screen and memory dump Thereafter I could not reboot Unable reboot to Vista Vista and instead got a black screen with a cursor in the top left corner After several attempts I was able to boot from the Vista disc but I only got as far as the recovery options The start up scan does not report any errors I have successfully restored two restore points and I still Unable to reboot Vista cannot get past the black screen stage I do have command prompt access from the recovery options menu but I do not have the expertise to use this The Vista installation is on a Macbook partition using Bootcamp so I can actually access the files from the Mac OS partition Any help and suggestions VERY gratefully received Ben nbsp

A:Unable to reboot Vista

It does not respond to Ctrl-alt-delete
It will not start in safe mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-reboot-vista.990209/
Relevancy 41.28%

I had thought that vista had fixed this Issue It seems not After spending most of two days on this computer I m about to call it quits Computer when it was given to me was booting up till Endless Vista Reboot the Login screen of Windows Vista I Formatted the disc and installed Ubuntu but really did not want Ubuntu on this laptop So I once again formatted Endless Vista Reboot the drive and installed windows vista Via the disc that I got with the unit Windows Vista Home Premium -Bit with SP- Installed and worked great installed Avast Malwarebytes and windows updater installed new updates Computer was shut down a restarted a number of time to see if the OS took Started up the system last night about am before bed when i can down to check on it at am it said a reboot was needed to install updates So i shut the computer down It then told me that it was installing YES updates I watched it till it got to of then decided that it didn t need me to watch it while it did it s thing I came back to it a few hours later to it being off So I hit the power button booted it up all nice and fine then when it was just about ready to get to the login screen it flashes a blue screen so fast that I can t read anything only to go into a cycle of endless reboots I can only assume it has something to do with that updates that windows installed to the computer and almost wonder if that wasn t the problem when it came into my possession I m assumeing that I ll have to install ubunutu over the windows partition again due to this computer inability to access the factory restore part of the hard drive for some unknown reason Installing ubunut is the only way the I can get the CD drive to work and install windows because for some reason this PC does not want to install windows from a USB drive Any ideas nbsp

A:Endless Vista Reboot

We had a similar problem with our desktop, which runs Vista, entering a constant reboot cycle. we called Dell(Studio XPS), and they came out and replaced our RAM and video card...and everything worked great...no problems since...that's the only advice I can give...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/endless-vista-reboot.966866/
Relevancy 41.28%

im tring to restart my lab top and need to know how to start all over with a new password and new windows

A:how to reboot windows vista

"im tring to restart my lab top"Exact model of laptop please.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/how-to-reboot-windows-vista/13510.html
Relevancy 41.28%

After attempting to instal sp2 I am occurring a reboot loop and no matter what I do I can't get out of it I've tried every option in the f8 menu and non of them are working I cannot enter safe mode and I do not have the reboot cd that comes with the computer I have run out of options and I am willing to try anything sometime please help me

Relevancy 41.28%

my computer with windows vista keeps trying to reboot. i did a chkdsk but stopped it half way thru then went to do another one and when i rebooted it came up saying recent hardware or software change might be the problem and to insert the windows install disc to repair computer.

i tried that but it doesn't go to the boot disc, it goes directly to the windows error recovery page. i've tried starting in safe mode and every other type of mode. i even copied my install disc to an external hard drive and tried rebooting from a usb source but all it does then is give me a blinking cursor

this happened on sunday the 16th. someone told me there was some kind of virus that hit on the 13th or 14th and that might be what it is. not real sure what to do next.

could someone please help?

A:windows vista keeps trying to reboot

Have you tried system restore?

http://www.pbcomp.com.au/using-windows-safe-mode.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/374924/windows-vista-keeps-trying-to-reboot/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L-45-S7423. I cannot get the computer to boot up. I turn the computer on and it goes into loading the Windows, but gets caught in a continuous loop. It says it cannot repair itself. I have tried to use the recovery disk that came with the computer but to no avail. I have read as much as I can on this problem and it seems it is a common problem associated with Vista updates. I want to use this computer, and do not mind if I have to do a total reformat. Has anyone on here found any solutios to the loop? Or can someone walk me through on how to reformat the computer without being able to even get into windows?

A:Vista Reboot Loop???

I have tried to use the recovery disk that came with the computer but to no availExplain, what exactly you did.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371090/vista-reboot-loop/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi guys,

I had Windows XP and i would like to make (again 2nd time) a fresh installation of Vista Ultimate.
Unfortunetly i had the problem that after the first reboot of the system i get the message "Press any key to boot from cd ,DVD" I do nothing so that the installation continues but the installation does not continue... If i push any key the installation starts from the begining..

Please note that i had installed Vista before, so the DVD does work normally.

The problem now is not only that i cant install Vista but i dessided to install again Windows XP. Again after the first reboot the installation hangs again with XP!!!!!!! Please note that with this CD of XP i have make several installations....

Thanks
GEORGE>>>>

A:Vista hangs after 1st reboot !!!!!

tsakal2000,

Go into your BIOS settings and make sure you have your hard drive set as the second boot device. If it already is listed there, I would try it on another hard drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-hangs-after-1st-reboot.608667/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi everyone,

I recently just built this computer;

AMD 64 X2 5600 Dual Core
ASUS M2n-E SLI Motherboard
4 GB RAM
2 160GB HD running in Raid 0
EVGA GeForce 7600GS DDR2 512mb

Windows seemed to install just fine, but when i restart my computer, with the 4GB or memory, it wont reboot. So i took out 1 GB of the RAM, and it freezes on post. If i just turn off my computer from the power switch, or shut down and turn it back on, it boots up fine.

What in the world would cause this?? I really need some help here. Thanks!!

A:Vista 64 freeze on reboot??

I've been reading that a lot of systems are acting a little flaky with more than 3 gigs of RAM usually caused by a BIOS setting or a needed BIOS flash update. Sorry that doesn't exactly answer your question but maybe it'll lead you in the right direction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-64-freeze-on-reboot.584453/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have:
Windows Vista 32-bit Home Basic SP2
Intel Core 2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13 GHz & 2.13 GHz
Memory 4 GB
nVidia GeForce 8800GTS 320 MB

Basically, my PC randomly freezes and reboots after few seconds without any BSOD, sometimes it doesn't reboot and I have to press Reset on the case.

If you need anymore information please let me know, also please state details how to get information you need =) I'm not really an expert

Relevancy 41.28%

My system was up and running. My wife was on a news website and it froze. She went to restart the computer, it starts to, self checks, then goes to reboot from CD. Put in the recovery disk and nothing happens.

Sometimes ctrl-alt-del will kick it to start, but not this time. Can anyone help???

A:Windows Vista will not reboot

paul1961 said:

My system was up and running. My wife was on a news website and it froze. She went to restart the computer, it starts to, self checks, then goes to reboot from CD. Put in the recovery disk and nothing happens.Click to expand...

Not quite sure what you mean by this. Does it ask you to reboot from the CD drive, or just tries on its own to reboot from there?

What happens if there is no disk in the CD drive?

Mollie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-will-not-reboot.842073/
Relevancy 41.28%

having same problem. changed avg for windows one care. rebooting problem stopped. changed back to avg free, reboots again. will try another AV.

A:random reboot in vista

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbo

having same problem. changed avg for windows one care. rebooting problem stopped. changed back to avg free, reboots again. will try another AV.

nope. not that. not jmicron sata driver either. }:o(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-reboot-in-vista-390059.html
Relevancy 41.28%

OK...this is not my first rodeo, but dang it, I'm missing something...

Wife's laptop...Toshiba Satellite AMD Turion X2 64 bit with 3G ram...

Was running Vista Home 32 bit.

Clean install of Win 7 64 bit...

Gets through all steps, boots up, desktop looks good, install to "important" updates...all working great.
Reboot...BOD....
Ran start up repair, no go...
Retried the install again...same thing...

Thoughts?

A:BOD on first reboot after install...Vista 32 - Win 7 64

Never mind...checked with Toshiba's site and it was the laptop bios...
Updated now and reinstalling....

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/54159-bod-first-reboot-after-install-vista-32-win-7-64-a.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Right here's my problem btw I'm no wizard with computers by any means just to let you know I'm 'running' windows vista bit on a Toshiba satellite L laptop When I run the computer in normal mode it freezes very soon after starting up I can sign in to my profile but get no further I have tried 'repair your computer' and I get Reboot Vista problem the message Vista Reboot problem Something about a hardware problem a device is plugged in which shouldn't be Status xc e Info an unexpected I o error has occurred I have run a Vista Reboot problem hard disk scan and have also scanned the memory no problems detected I have tried to create recovery discs and when I do I get about half way through creating the first disc and then I get 'failed to read the following file F XSP swm Error code - - ' If it's any help I've found XSP swm on drive E data in 'HDD recovery' in a file called 'SWImg' If it makes any Vista Reboot problem difference there is also XSP swm XSP swm XSP swm and XSP swm in the same SWImg folder Right thinks that's about all I can tell you Any help would be much appreciated Olie

A:Vista Reboot problem

Have a look here:

Unable to create recovery discs using Toshiba recovery disc creator

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/280134-vista-reboot-problem.html
Relevancy 41.28%

On a Dell E6500 after windows updates are installed the computer goes into a reboot loop. The user trying to log on has administrative rights. If we switch users to another user that has administrative rights and disable the UAC the first user can then log on normally. This seems to occur only after windows updates are installed. Any ideas. I am not a trained tech, so please respond in simple terms. Thank you.

A:vista reboot loop

Have you tried doing a system restore?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/278009-vista-reboot-loop.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

Can someone please help me. yesterday i had to reboot my pc and i have vista on here. the sound is showing as if its meant to be working but there is no sound whatsoever. i cannot figure out why.

any advice? thanks

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

Vista Ultimate will not boot after a "restart."

The only way to reboot properly is to shutdown then turn my laptop back on...

Any Ideas?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-will-not-reboot-upon-restart-188730.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello to anyone that is out there and can help this hopeless and pathetic reboot... NOT a start will after Vista computer nutcase who has gone completely bonkers and cannot stop crying My computer did an update yesterday and proceeded to restart itself when I returned the blue system repair screen was up and I then clinked on the button to repair whatever was wrong BUT nothing happened it keeps attempting to reboot but it always gets stuck on that screen and states that it cannot repair the system I've tried hitting F a bunch of times and nothing happens it just continues onto the blue system repair Vista will NOT start after a reboot... screen goes thru the process and then states that it cannot repair the system I've read thru several forums and I'm not catching on I do not understand what to do AND unfortunately I do NOT have a back up disc Am I out of luck I have an Acer Aspire which is about a year and a half old and has been actually giving me a lot of problems lately with low disc space and slow processes BUT this takes the cake I'm a medical student and needless to say I have tons and tons of stuff on my hard drive that I absolutely MUST RETRIEVE I'm calling to all you computer genius' out there to please please please help me Thank you very much for any assistance you can offer Christine

A:Vista will NOT start after a reboot...

Had this problem sevral times, hold down the power button for 30 seconds, if that does not work,

unplug the computer and remove the battery. Let it sit for 30 minutes and try again.

No matter what method is tried there can be no guarantee about the condition of your files when things are returned to normal.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/267660-vista-will-not-start-after-reboot.html
Relevancy 41.28%

My partners' laptop a HP Pavillion dv5 last night just crashed on him and was coming up with an error after letting it reboot loop a number of times it gave him the option to system restore (at no point did it give an option for starting in safe mode). Now it runs as though windows is going to boot then goes onto a black screen with the error message - 'Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer restart the installation.' If you click ok it reboots the system and does the same thing over again, if you press the x at the top of the box it takes you to the main screen with icons for a couple of seconds, flashes up with an error message and restarts. The error message doesnt stay on the screen for long enough to see what the code is. Please help.

Relevancy 41.28%

Acer Extensa z laptop Windows reboot in constant vista Vista Home Premium I repeatedly get the screen with the two options of repair windows or restart windows in the last known good configuration No matter which option I choose the computer goes through the process of trying to get into constant reboot in vista windows but then shows me this same screen Here is what I have done so far -I tried booting from a Windows Vista disk to choose the option to repair did not work -I tried doing a system restore from this screen and it also did not work -I then made an iso of a Windows Vista repair disk which actually completed the repair process but the same screen was displayed over and over again with the two options -I used the check memory diagnostic tool which said the memory was fine -I tried the iso disk again to try and repair again but the computer was blue screened after i tried to restart Any ideas Thanks in advance

A:constant reboot in vista

Acer Extensa 5620z laptop Windows Vista Home PremiumI repeatedly get the screen, with the two options of repair windows or restart windows in the last known good configuration. No matter which option I choose, the computer goes through the process of trying to get into windows but then shows me this same screen. Here is what I have done so far:-I tried booting from a Windows Vista disk to choose the option to repair, did not work. -I tried doing a system restore from this screen and it also did not work. -I then made an iso of a Windows Vista repair disk which actually completed the repair process but the same screen was displayed over and over again with the two options. -I used the check memory diagnostic tool which said the memory was fine. -I tried the .iso disk again to try and repair again but the computer was blue screened after i tried to restart. Any ideas?Thanks in advanceIf you can get on the system through another system this would be helpful:I would like to see these minidumps. To better help me please do this:1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like2 > navigate to %systemroot%\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder.%systemroot% is normally c:\windows. They are numbered by date. You can paste that address in address bar to get there.3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.Please send copy more than one like 3 or 4 from the previous few times, as to I can make check to make sure it is one problem in them all!!One log is not usually sufficient to tell if that was just a random error, or occurs over and over. So you should zip 5-6 of the latest files and post them.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284775/constant-reboot-in-vista/
Relevancy 41.28%

Help!!! Everytime I put my computer into hibernate mode and reboot it just displays a black screen. I really need hibernate to work so any suggestions??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-wont-reboot-from-hibernate-301310.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I installed vista from an .iso cd image and it was doing fine and then it did one of it's required reboots and it gets up to the green bar loading screen and it reboots. What can I do to fix this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-stuck-in-reboot-335202.html
Relevancy 41.28%

my computer is so slow and my brother have downloaded tons of stuff he dont enev know what it is and i am affraid that when I delete things manually I will delete things that are important without knowing it.
therefore I wanted to do like I did on my windows 7 computer, reboot it so that the only thing left is windows as it was was when I bought it and an empte account. so that it will be like new. however, this doeas not work on my windows vista. if I want to reboot using a previous saved point. but dont have a previously saved point and don't know what to do. please help me.

A:reboot windows vista?

click start -> computer--> then look at the hard drives there. Are any of them labeled Recovery? And also what is your make, model NUMBER and exact operating system of your computer? (to do this click start --> right click the computer button --> then hit properties then it will tell you most of this. for the model number check your towe. should be labeld somewhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reboot-windows-vista.1095994/
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm having ongoing stability problems with Vista SP on my Lenovo T laptop About of all reboots end with the system freezing With the other the system boot fine and remains totally stable until the next reboot The freeze takes place - minutes after the desktop appears The system goes into a hard stop and becomes unresponsive even to Ctrl-Alt-Del Occasionaly there is a BSOD rather than a hard stop Booting in safe mode works fine of the time The system diagnostics report in the Control Panel Reliability and Performance applet reports a number of errors relating to the Microsoft Freezes Vista After Reboot to Adapter and Microsoft ISATAP Adapter see attached text file I've checked for a driver update for these devices but Windows reports I Vista Freezes After Reboot am using the latest version To assist in diagnosis I have downloaded and run BSOD Vista v - jcgriff bat from this forum and a zip of the output file directory is attached Lenovo's response is the usual quot Do a system revert to the ex factory state and then call us again quot Ha ha This one has got me beat Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-freezes-after-reboot-346092.html
Relevancy 41.28%

hi I've bought mounted and installed a reboot in vista random new PC about days ago But now I've got the problem that it randomly reboots There isn't a proper shutdown it's like there is a short power interrupt There may be several days without this behavior an days where it happens - times The only thing random reboot in vista i can find in the logs is on startup after the reboot that windows encountered an unexpected shutdown - as I did In the beginning I once had random reboot in vista the Problem that one of my four HDDs was droped by random reboot in vista my Raid I then changed the SATA-cable and used an other unused SATA-port on the mainboard Further I changed the order of the quot drawers quot so I could detect if there is a problem with the case But since then I couldn't see the same problem Since then I only encountered the problem with the unexpected reboot This results in loosing data while working and slow performance since the RAID always checks parity for several hours after the reboot One Problem is that I dont have any spare components to change and test them What could cause these Problems what should I trie what further information do you need Configuration ------------- - Cooler Master ITower N - Powersupply be quiet Dark Power Pro P W - ASUS P Q DELUXE-WIFI ATX Intel P FSB MHz - Intel Core Quad Q Quad Core Sockel MB Cache MHz FSB - Cooler Zalman CNPS NT with PWM Cooper - OCZ Memory x GB KIT PC - Gold Edition DDR - ASUS Nvidia GeForce EN GT SILENT HTDI MB GDDR - HDD Western Digital GB SATA- NCQ Caviar RE - LG GH LS DVD-RW - ICY Box IB- -B Multi-Cardreader intern - exSys EX- V PCI-I O-Card x USB - exSys EX- PCI-Express-I O-Card FireWire Setup ------ The HDDs are mounted in hotswappeble drawers and configured as Raid Intel ICH R - gt fake raid There are two partitions on the Raid system GB and data GB OS is Windows Vista home Premium bit SP with all updates installed Furthermore I've installed all drivers and most of the utilities delivered with the components Other installed SW - MS Office Ultimate - Firefox - TheBat Home Edition - Total Commander - ACDSee Pro - Acronis True Image Home - Acrobat Reader - AVG Free thx in advance Chrigu Hi I've still the same Problem Today the pc crashed once more Nobody with an idee cheers Chrigu

A:random reboot in vista

is there anything listed in the error log at the time of the reboot
do any error messages come up on screen
what does the bios list for temperatures and voltages
have you chkdsk /r

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-reboot-in-vista-336916.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Guys,

I recently (2 days back) got a Dell XPS 1330 laptop. After installing the updates from MS website, when I rebooted, after the bios load, I get the blue screen of death and the laptop automatically reboots.

Strangely enough, the laptop boots up fine once I turn it off and turn it back on... is that not strange?

My main concern is that it could be a hardware fault? Here is the attached 'dump' file from the windows directory. Any help would be most appreciated.

Oh and one more thing, is it normal to have almost 10sec bios loading as my laptop takes that long!!! Just doesnt sound normal to me...

Kind regards,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboot-bsod.739471/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I had a strange problem occur this morning and I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on it I run a dual boot system with Vista and Xp home they are installed on separate drives Vista being the OS I use most of the time I booted into Vista and started doing some eBay listings and suddenly the system tried to reboot listing a possible hardware error I then tried to boot into XP and the same problem occurred I managed to boot into safe mode Vista and tried a system restore and again the system closed down but did not reboot I switched off the power and left everything for a couple of minutes in 64 Random Vista reboot then rebooted into Vista ok The point that is concerning me is that this random problem affected both OS amp s I realise that System Restore has possibly done its job but has anyone any idea what the problem may have been All temps Etc are fine I know it could be a thousand Random reboot in Vista 64 different things but hopefully someone has had a similar situation occur and can shed some light for me Thanks in advance NB I have since booted into XP as well with no problems nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-reboot-in-vista-64.756252/
Relevancy 41.28%

hi sorry if this thread has been posted before got a new laptop let my niece use it and it has come back to me with the windows vista my will reboot not following probs first of all i get this mess quot windows fail to start a recent hardware or software change may be the cause quot it asks me to insert my windows installation disk and restart computer there is also a status saying xc f file Boot BCD the disk wont boot up at all i do as the screen says and get a message windows is loading files next i get a blue screen the same one with all the info that windows has shut down etc tells me to restart i do same blue screen tells me to f go to safe mode it just flies through safe mode my windows vista will not reboot saying its loading window files then it asks me to wait and then goes back to the start of the whole process again where the blue screen my windows vista will not reboot comes up if i was trying to do anything in safe mode it does give me a chance i have tried the other mode that says last known good configuration but that does no good the other modes im unsure off ive also went in to F to load defaults havent got a clue how do do something with bios was reading somewhere on this site about something beside battery dont want to mess around with it i do know that this prob has been posted but cant find it for looking for it many thanks for your help kells nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Another question.

How do i set up Vista to automatically log in after there is a power outage.

I don;t want it to sit their with the log on screen.

The PC is setup in a domain.

A:Vista logging in after reboot

Perhaps this may be what you need:

Logon Automatically

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/255668-vista-logging-after-reboot.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I suspect that there is a simple solution to this problem, but my Google-fu came up short.
In short, my Sidebar is reordering itself every time I reboot. 1 or 2 gadgets disappear, and the rest are completely out of order. e.g. clock-->market-->news-->cpu meter, when reboot, turns into market-->news-->clock.

What's going on here?

A:Vista sidebar reorders itself on reboot

i have had the same problem i did not notice them disappering until now though

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-sidebar-reorders-itself-on-reboot.647092/
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm on my husbands Mac while asking this question because my ASUS running Windows Vista will not reboot. I have tried I think all the options in safe mode and when I get to the system restore screen, it says it needs to restart for configuration to effect but then it won't restart. Am I out of luck?

A:Vista Will Not Reboot in Safe Mode

hi,have you got or did you create a startup repair disc,if not can borrow a friends

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-will-not-reboot-in-safe-mode.1090365/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello Thank you for Vista Download Reboot Windows After Will Not this forum The problem that I am having is this I downloaded the Google Chrome so that I could operate the Google Video Chat I got it to work so that I could be seen but I could not see anything So I went to Adobe Chat for help and the tech told me to download Adobe Flash Player Beta Before downloading that I was prompted to download an update for Windows Vista my operating system - Service Pack So I did the update uninstalled the Adobe Flash Player that I had on the computer and installed the Adobe Flash Player Beta I went to restart my computer so that the updates could finish loading and my computer would not reboot Instead it only allows for the quot Launch to Attempt System Restore Windows Vista Will Not Reboot After Download quot or quot Start Normally quot options I attempted the quot Windows Vista Will Not Reboot After Download Launch To Attempt System Restore quot and it did Windows Vista Will Not Reboot After Download something for hours without ever rebooting I don t know what to do now Can you guys help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-will-not-reboot-after-download.914778/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I need some help I built my system running Vista Ultimate with Abit IX Quad GT mb QX GB of DDR memory GB SATA hd GT GB vc At first the system ran ok then I got a video driver stopped responding error then memory dump crashes started to happen I thought it was because of ultimate constant reboot 64 Vista the video cards being SLI and the mb is crossfire type that triggered the problems I bought a new Asus P N-T Deluxe mb and replaced the Abit Vista ultimate 64 constant reboot mb After booting up with the new Asus mb it worked for a short time now it won't boot up at all after I got the latest windows updates last week It is now in constant reboot mode Can't go into normal boot safe mode with networking or safe mode at all I tried to use the DVD to repair it ended with a message of window is fixed and should be able to boot message But when it boot up it will go only as far as the Vista window with the horizontal scrolling bar then to an abrupt stop then blue screen which is so fast and I can't read the error messages I tried for over a week using various methods to get in to backup my information and failed Last weekend out of desparation I installed Vista on one of the backup drive and everything was fine until I got the latest update and now it TOO is doing the constant reboot thing I do not want to reinstall Vista onto the original drive which will wipe out all the information I have on it now Anyone has any idea as how to get the drive to boot so I can back up my information prior to reformat and reinstall Vista Just for kick I tested the Abit mb on my wife computer with the exact same set up except only one GB video card and it's working fine with only crash after installation of the latest deadly windows update I had to use her DVD to repair it then it is still working after a week I guess it was Windows fault all along Thank you

A:Vista ultimate 64 constant reboot

Originally Posted by Stan1689

Hello! I need some help!
I built my system running Vista Ultimate 64 with
Abit IX38 Quad GT mb,
QX6700, 8GB of DDR2 1066 memory,
4 500GB SATA hd,
2 9600GT 1GB vc.
At first the system ran ok,
then I got a... video driver stopped responding error
then memory dump crashes started to happen.
I thought it was because of the video cards being SLI and the mb is crossfire type that triggered the problems.
I bought a new Asus P5N-T Deluxe mb and replaced the Abit mb.
After booting up with the new Asus mb, it worked for a short time
now it won't boot up at all after I got the latest windows updates last week!
It is now in constant reboot mode!
Can't go into normal boot, safe mode with networking or safe mode at all.
I tried to use the DVD to repair it,
ended with a message of...window is fixed and should be able to boot message.
But when it boot up, it will go only as far as the Vista window with the horizontal scrolling bar then to an abrupt stop
then blue screen which is so fast and I can't read the error messages.
I tried for over a week using various methods to get in to backup my information and failed.
Last weekend, out of desparation, I installed Vista on one of the backup drive and everything was fine until I got the latest update and now it TOO is doing the constant reboot thing!
I do not want to reinstall Vista onto the original drive which will wipe out all the information I have on it now.
Anyone has any idea as how to get the drive to boot so I can back up my information prior to reformat and reinstall Vista?
Just for kick, I tested the Abit mb on my wife computer with the exact same set up except only one 1GB video card and it's working fine with only 1 crash after installation of the latest deadly windows update.
I had to use her DVD to repair it then it is still working after a week!
I guess it was Windows fault all along! Thank you!

Remove all your memory except for 1 stick. Reinstalling to the second drive , set your options for auto update during install to NO. When you are up and running - Have you checked to see what the updates you are installing are. Video Card Drivers and Audio Drivers are generally less of a problem if you download them directly from the Manufacturers websit. Check your update settings. They should on check for updates but let me choose what to install. Hide driver updates.

Norm

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/199728-vista-ultimate-64-constant-reboot.html
Relevancy 40.85%

omg i need everyones help !!!! ok i have a dell with windows vista and its very slow and they told me that i can reboot it ... but they also told me i needed a cd i have a few cds that the computer came with here are the name (1 OPERATING SYSTEM(already installed on your computer, reinstallation dvd windows vista home basic),2 DRIVER AND UTILITIES, 3 APLICATONS, 4 MICROSOFT ) well thouse are the ones i have if any of the cds id the reboot plzz tell me and let me know what do i have to do ...... plzzzzzzzz

A:reboot on windows vista plzzzz help

Hi -

Please run msinfo32 so I can take a quick look at a few things -

msinfo32 - save as an NFO file
START | type msinfo32 | save in default NFO file format - you'll see the NFO file extension when you go to save it

Are you looking to restore the system to factory default settings (factory image) - the way it was when you took it out of the box and first booted-up?

If so, what problems are you having?

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/reboot-on-windows-vista-plzzzz-help-364793.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all I have an issue with Windows Vista Ultimate not saving any changes after a reboot I had an alureon trojan Windows Security Essentials caught but couldn t remove it I had any not Vista after changes 32bit saving reboot to download a tool to create a bootable USB drive to clean it off After it said it removed the alureon I rebooted and upon loading Windows desktop it restarts on it s own I can only get it to load Windows Desktop for about seconds and it restarts I am able to get into Safe Mode and have made changes to the registry and also in msconfig Vista 32bit not saving any changes after reboot but everytime it reboots the changes are not Vista 32bit not saving any changes after reboot saved so I m kind of dead in the water I ve deleted reg keys deleted files off the desktop in Windows Explorer tried changing startup services in msconfig and also even created a new admin profile but everything is restored back to the way it was after a reboot I ve never come across this before and I m stumped Anyone out there have any ideas Much appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I have a HP TV m776on E6400 desktop with Windows Vista Home Premium. It was freezing up and not playing youtube videos and my grandchildrens online games were causing problems also. I foolishly went into the CMOS & BIOS and did something wrong. Now the computer won't boot up and the only thing i can bring up are diagnostic tools that don't seem to do anything. The startup repair doesn't do anything, the system restore and recovery manager don't do anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-reboot-and-restore.1060705/
Relevancy 40.85%

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: A1A3B008
BCP2: 8BC0E610
BCP3: C000009A
BCP4: 00000004
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini071208-01.dmp
C:\Users\GBH\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-52135-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\GBH\AppData\Local\Temp\WERCE46.tmp.version.txt
Any game i play crashes my system and has it reboot.

here is the mini dump file

http://www.sendspace.com/file/w24sue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-games-crash-reboot-vista.729959/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello My Vista x runs very slowly sometimes or hangs Usually when I try to open my browser mozilla I tried reinstalling mozilla I've tried running it without addons - doesn't help i have tried installing chrome - it does the same thing this morning i woke it from sleep clicked on my browser and it just sat - this hangs the entire PC so i pressed the power button when it was rebooted i tried again to use the browser - this usually works it didn't this morning and i x64 to Vista hangs, reboot cold have had to reboot it again then it worked fine when the little circle is swirling i have tried to access the task manager thru ctrl-alt-del but it says something about a security error and i can't access when it is hanging i can access it other times using ctrl-alt-del - i was hoping to cancel the firefox exe in the processes I have run the following antivirus antispywares usually Vista x64 hangs, have to cold reboot do this weekly - drcureit defender spybot search amp destroy superantispyware avast eset adware malwarebytes i have found things and removed them and rerun til it's clean i have run the following temp file cleaners - ccleaner tfc old timer i have defragged anything else i can do short of re-installing vista or buying a new PC

A:Vista x64 hangs, have to cold reboot

Hi acr1127,

We can try few steps. Try to go in safe mode and check if you are able to login in safe mode. Please use the following link for detailed instructions to go safe mode: Safe Mode

Check if the computer is working fine in safe mode.

Also, run the built-in diagnostics provided by the manufacturer on the computer to check if the hardware is working fine.

Please post back with the results.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/298509-vista-x64-hangs-have-cold-reboot.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I'm using Vista and since yesterday I'm unable to boot normally I'm currently posting from quot safe mode quot Whenever I reboot after seeing the Vista loading page with the green progress bar my monitor screen on Vista reboot... Black Help! briefly displays quot no input signal quot then it switches to a black screen with the white arrow cursor I can move the cursor around but apart from that nothing moves and the screen remains black and my only option is to turn off the power Pushing keys or Ctrl Alt Del doesn't do anything The last thing Black screen on Vista reboot... Help! I did yesterday before having this problem was installing Magic DVD Ripper Black screen on Vista reboot... Help! but I have not performed any operation with it and have since uninstalled it which didn't change anything That's the only thing I can think of that could have caused the problem apart from that I only did the usual Word Outlook etc Any help would be greatly appreciated EDIT I have tried restoring the system to the quot last known good configuration quot but to no avail Pressing F when the computer boots up just asks me from which drive I want to boot I can't choose quot advanced options quot or anything of the sort and if I try doing that from Windows in safe mode it tells me there are no saved configurations

A:Black screen on Vista reboot... Help!

try using system restore to restore your system to any previous date
also check your system for viruses using latest antivirus definitions
as you have mentioned magic dvd ripper cannot be the cause to this problem
update your video drivers this should solve the problem
if it persists ask me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-on-vista-reboot-help-412438.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I have Vista bit and my problem started last night when won't mood Vista normally or reboot safe in I downloaded a torrent of a secure Vista won't reboot in safe mood or normally website Half way through the torrent I had the blue screen of death which started dumping memory and restarted After that my computer froze about - time and everytime I had to do a manual restart I tried restarting in safe mode and it worked then and I was able to run spyware malware scans and nothing came up This morning I ran a startup repair and it worked great for mins and froze again So I restarted and tried to restore it to a checkpoint from a couple of days ago which failed and i was back to the startup repair screen Now the startup repair screen keeps popping up with an error msg indicating that it cannot repair it automatically and if I would like to send info to microsoft I tried restarting it in safe mode safe mode w networking safe mode with cmd prompt and also tried Last good configuration but to no avail the only option that I am trying to avoid is restoring it back to the factory settings I would extremely appreciate any help that I can get regarding this matter Thank You

A:Vista won't reboot in safe mood or normally

Hello,

It sounds as if this may be a hardware problem. Could you try testing your RAM and hard drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...memtest86.html

To test the hard drive, use the DOS version of SeaTools.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-wont-reboot-in-safe-mood-or-normally-539168.html
Relevancy 40.85%

After a full powerdown, Vista reboots into the inital Setup routine instead of logging in as normal. I getthe screens asking me for timezone, language etc, followed by "Create User ID" i.e Vista is reinstalling itself.

Any suggestions as to a) why this is happening and b) how to fix it would be very gratefully received!

Thanks....

A:Vista reverts to Setup on reboot

Hi,

Did the install finish the first time?
Have you ever completed the install routine?

You need to complete it!

Post back if that is the issue i.e. you cannot complete the install because it keeps rebooting & repeating the same functions/ requests again & again?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285100-vista-reverts-setup-reboot.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I receive the following error message each time I reboot my computer:

IGFXEXT module stopped working and was closed. I am using Windows Vista Premium O/S on a new computer.

Any suggestions would certainly be appreciated in helping eliminate this error message.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
HankL

A:Vista Error Message On Reboot

I sure hope your new pc came with Vista preloaded...

If so, call the pc vendor and see what they can do for you.

My money is on a driver problem or software conflict...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-error-message-on-reboot.565683/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi i have a Asus M vr-ap c with Vista Business Sp and some updates i have updated the intel wifi driver to fix some issues but i have still one problem Sometimes Vista will freeze and i must hard reboot to recover no bsod or event viewer entries except it shutdown unexpectedly eg monday was on for hours going into sleep twice no issues Friday Vista to help freeze reboot fix, hard must Froze was watching a flv meg file from hdd sound went into repeat What was running msn thunderbird avast asus utilities was fast until freeze Because the way it freezes i can lose work i don't wont to lose work A mate with the same laptop and configuration like mine and doesn't have this issue only a few differences he has more things installed and running in memory and Vista freeze must hard reboot to fix, help a netgear router wrn i got a Dlink dir If there anymore details plz ask going to work sat - pm i never really get program crash's only this problem Vista freeze must hard reboot to fix, help Thanks Gaggaz

A:Vista freeze must hard reboot to fix, help

There are already al lot of thread about Vista hanging "without" reasons. Just use the search option. Keep knowledge bundled! Look into your logfiles (admin tools) and see if you have the same issues. The worst of all is often... nothing to do about it if MS keeps ignoring the problems!:

vista freezes randomly
Error in Event Viewer
Desktop Freezes and I must restart the computer
Vista Locks Up Randomly
Vista randomly hangs

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/211940-vista-freeze-must-hard-reboot-fix-help.html
Relevancy 40.85%

When starting my laptop it gets to the vista loading screen and then it reboots I run a recovery from the windows vista screen reboot. Vista loading cd I reboot after that everythings fine until I try to shut down I usually have to hold the power button to shut it somehow it works with the shutdown -f Vista loading screen reboot. command at least once it did I have to do all that every time I run my laptop not just once I ran a full scan with both Superantispyware and ESET Smart Security scanner Deleted a few things the scans recognised as trojans nothing special Nothing changed after that still a problem The problem started when I needed an image mounting software got myself PowerISO rebooted as a requirement to complete installation and well it just didn't load up at that point I've been using PowerISO for ages but I quite recently made a clean install of Vista on the lappy Could it be that the software has anything to do with it If not what could You know it's quite annoying to have to do that every time I want to turn my damn laptop on takes the bootup time from about a minute to - minutes Ask for any additional details thanks in advance

A:Vista loading screen reboot.

System restore if possible.

Doing the repair may have knocked out your system restore ability. If you can, backup all your data that you cannot afford to lose, run system restore and go back to a date before you installed the PowerISO software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-loading-screen-reboot-423756.html
Relevancy 40.85%

how do i reboot my laptop? and how do i restore it? i was deleting things to try to make space but i think i deleted some wrong files how can i fix it?

A:need to reboot and restore my windows vista

and welcome to the Forum

What Brand and Model is this laptop?

Do you have the Vista installation disc?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-to-reboot-and-restore-my-windows-vista-524458.html
Relevancy 40.85%

For the last week or so I have been having problems with Vista locking up Starting a couple days ago it will crash or reboot unexpectedly I have ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware amp Super Anti Spyware amp they found nothing Also have ran AVG with nothing found Here is the dump analysis of my mini dump any help you can provide would be greatly Vista reboot crashing/unexpected appreciated - Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Vista crashing/unexpected reboot Minidump Mini Vista crashing/unexpected reboot - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Vista crashing/unexpected reboot Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Server Windows Vista SP Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre vistasp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff PsLoadedModuleList xfffff c db Debug session time Sun Feb GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck aa fffffa d aa c fffffa d aa a fffffa Probably caused by memory corruption Followup memory corruption --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis NTFS FILE SYSTEM If you see NtfsExceptionFilter on the stack then the nd and rd parameters are the exception record and context record Do a cxr on the rd parameter and then kb to obtain a more informative stack trace Arguments Arg aa Arg fffffa d aa c Arg fffffa d aa a Arg fffffa Debugging Details ------------------ EXCEPTION RECORD fffffa d aa c -- exr xfffffa d aa c ExceptionAddress fffffa Ntfs NtfsFindIndexEntry x b ExceptionCode c Access violation ExceptionFlags NumberParameters Parameter Parameter Attempt to write to address CONTEXT fffffa d aa a -- cxr xfffffa d aa a rax rbx fffffa b d rcx e rdx fffffa d ac a rsi c rdi rip fffffa rsp fffffa d aab rbp fffffa d aac r fffffa r fffffa d aac r r fffffa d aab r fffffa b d c r e r fffffa r fffffa d aba iopl nv up ei ng nz na po nc cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl Ntfs NtfsFindIndexEntry x b fffffa add byte ptr rax al ds b Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT PROCESS NAME rundll exe CURRENT IRQL ERROR CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s EXCEPTION PARAMETER EXCEPTION PARAMETER WRITE ADDRESS GetPointerFromAddress unable to read from fffff FOLLOWUP IP Ntfs NtfsFindIndexEntry b fffffa add byte ptr rax al BUGCHECK STR x DEFAULT BUCKET ID CODE CORRUPTION LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff c to fffffa STACK TEXT fffffa d aab fffff c fffff bdd fffffa adf b Ntfs NtfsFindIndexEntry x b fffffa d aab fffffa ee fffffa b da fffffa d ac a fffffa d aba fffffa d ac a nt C specific handler x fffffa d aab fffff d fffffa d ac a fffffa d ac fffffa d aad Ntfs GSHandlerCheck SEH x fffffa d aabb fffff c fffffa fffffa d ac fffffa d ac a nt RtlpExecuteHandlerForUnwind xd fffffa d aabe fffff fffffa afb c fffffa e fffffa d aba ffffffff c nt RtlUnwindEx x f fffffa d ab fffff bd fffffa d ac fffffa d ac fffffa d aba fffffa e d nt C specific handler xcc fffffa d ab fffff fcff fffffa fffffa d ac nt RtlpExecuteHandlerForException xd fffffa d ab fffff db e fffffa d aba fffffa d abae b d ffff d nt RtlDispatchException x f fffffa d aba fffffa fffffa c ba fffff e fffff c c nt RtlRaiseStatus x e fffffa d abfc fffffa b cc fffff f fffffa a e fffffa c ba fffff e Ntfs NtfsRaiseStatusInternal x fffffa d ac fffffa fffffa c ba fffff a fffff Ntfs NNGAKEGL string' x ea fffffa d ac a fffffa d e fffffa c ba fffffa d ac a fffffa c ba fffff ab Ntfs NtfsFindIndexEntry x fffffa d ac fffffa e d fffffa c ba fffffa f fffffa d ac a fffffa cb Ntfs NtfsCommonCreate x e fffffa d ac fffff d fffffa d ac fffff f Ntfs NtfsC... Read more

A:Vista crashing/unexpected reboot

The error message states that there was memory corruption due to a memory access violation - and that it was caused by the NTFS file system on your hard drive.So, I'd first run Startup Repair ( http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/ )Then I'd run the Windows Memory diagnostic ( http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/using-vista-windows-memory-diagnostics-tool/ )Let us know the details of the Startup Repair (there'll be a link for details once it's run) and the result of the memory diagnostic and we can move on from there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199824/vista-crashingunexpected-reboot/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi
my e-machine laptop is stuck in an infinite reboot.. its not because of the windows vista sp1 update thing ive read about.
i was clearing away some malware id somehow picked up on a download, upon rebooting i got the missing ntdlr message so i think i fixed that, rebooted again and now is stuck in a never ending reboot loop..
its been driving me mad and for the life of me cant work out what it is, any help from anyone out there would be greatly appreciated
thanks

by the way im not sure if ive put this thread in the right category, ive only used this website once before

A:windows vista reboot loop

Quote:

upon rebooting i got the missing ntdlr message...

How did you get that, nltdr is for XP, unless you have a duel-boot. If so, are you able to boot into any OS?

Also, do you have any of the installation disks or recovery disks?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-reboot-loop-502768.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I keep a USB MultiCard reader plugged in the back USB port at all times. I'm trying out Vista ReadyBoost feature. It works. However when I have to reboot (for whatever reason) the post process hangs at checking memory (probably doesn't check memory on soft boot). The next post process would be to look for installed IDE drives. Nothing happens after the motherboard version is displayed. With the USB cardreader unplugged, the reboot/post process proceeds as normal. Almost normal anyway, there is a short lag before the ide drives are detected. Why would a USB device interfere with a soft boot post in the first place? Is there something specific to multicard readers? Is it a voltage detection problem? Thanks in advance for answering.

Relevancy 40.85%

I m a noob look in stuck Vista Install reboot to this sight someone help i can t install vista it gets stuck in a reboot loop I ve been trying to install vista on my system Tried clean install it goes through quot windows is loading files quot and once that finishes it reboots and does the same thing all over again Tried to install xp first and then do an upgrade it does everything it should then reboots and does the same as above Vista Install stuck in reboot look In safe mode it goes all the way to disk sys before it does the reboot loop Specs Asus A N-E with latest Vista Install stuck in reboot look bios Athlon x d Fuzion nvidia gt bfg Kingston value ram mb x right now i m just using stick Kingston value ram gb x not using this right now Seagate baraccuda gb PATA rpm seagate baraccuda gb sata rpm not using this right now notes I have other hard drives i ve tested also gb pata drives gb pata drives all seagates same result I ve tried switching out ram now just using mb stick I ve tried disabling everything on the motherboard raid usb serial parallel game Vista Install stuck in reboot look port audio lan etc No i m not trying to do any raid It all works fine on XP I had a similar reboot loop problem when installing xp but during the xp install i can just press f to tell and choose acpi pc but that had to do with mup sys hanging all memory amp hardware test fine using pc-doc amp memtest i ve been using all the same hardeware for over a year but doesn t seem to be vista friendly HELP am i stuck in xp land forever not that i m a big vista fan i have it installed on my laptop but the laptop is old and can t do any of the cool new features of vista so therefore i just want to see what these features are all about by installing on my desktop any help would be appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there I've been around here but Upgrade before failing 7 right reboot Vista 1st to I haven't posted much I have Vista SP Ultimate installed onto a Laptop and I'm trying to update to Windows Ultimate SP Both -bit I have done this dozens of times and Vista to 7 Upgrade failing right before 1st reboot I thought I had seen all of the things that could go wrong this is a new one on me I have checked the hard drive for errors and it's clean and I also ran the Seagate Sea Tools on the HDD and no errors were reported for the disk The Vista installation has been inundated with viruses which I cleaned all out using Malwarebytes and Eset But I may have missed something Originally I thought the problem was with a small recovery partition that existed at the beginning of the drive which I deleted I expanded the Vista partition to the full size of the partition I thought that in itself may have been a problem because I always see a mb partition in any Windows installation I make and if I tried to install into a partition that was fully used it would fail So I tried again Vista to 7 Upgrade failing right before 1st reboot after I made an area of mb of partitioned space at the start of the drive which also created a mb unallocated space at the end of the Vista partition- Same error It goes through all of the upgrade steps then it starts to copy over the Windows files It processes the first two steps- It copies the Windows installation files then it collects info on the system right but it fails right at that spot and I get a message that the upgrade was cancelled and that Windows could not set up the boot drive But when I reboot it actually starts the Setup again but fails I can get back into Vista at that point and try again It has failed about four times and I've never seen an upgrade do this particular thing anyone got any ideas My update disk is bad Or do I need to partition my HDD differently

A:Vista to 7 Upgrade failing right before 1st reboot

Can you find the log files?

C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\setupact.log

C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\sources\Rollback\setuperr.log

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/339153-vista-7-upgrade-failing-right-before-1st-reboot.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Whenever I install updates to Vista Home Premium with Sp 1, I get a hang up during reboot. Only holding down the start button, killing the system, then restarting will work. On the first restart, I get the DOS screen "Start normally" or "Attempt to fix". If I try and Fix, it may show the "Installing 3 of 3 updates" notice and then start but just as often it hangs there forever. I can get a notice sometimes that a patch is preventing the system from booting. Any ideas on where to start? I've turned off automatic updates so at least it only does it when I am at the computer and allow the updates manually.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-reboot-issue-after-updates-331184.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My situation: New HP Media Center PC with Vista Home Premium pre-installed.
The problem: The PC freezes up completely at seemingly random intervals. I could be using a browser, trying to watch a DVD, checking my e-mail, working in Word or anything and the computer just stops responding. The keyboard and mouse are completely unresponsive and the only thing I can do is a hard reboot. There are no error messages or anything else to indicate what caused the lock-up. My USB ports still seem active (external hub lights remain on).  Because Vista is OEM supplied, I have to use HP tech support and I can't even get them to understand what the problem is, let alone make any useful suggestions as to how I might fix it.  I see from other threads here that other people have had similar problems. Has anyone managed ot figure out what's goin on and fix it?

A:Vista Freezes Up - Can Do Nothing But Hard Reboot

VISTA FREEZE PROBLEM SOLVED! I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I'll give all the steps I was given and what eventually worked.

Gateway customer service asked me to do the following:
-Run windows recovery utilities in right after BIOS loads (on a gateway, it's F8 right after starting the PC). This didn't solve my problem, but may help you. Most users propobly don't know those tools exist.
-We tried rolling back to an earlier recovery point... but we couldn't get it to work.
-As mentioned before, we pulled the memory out to ensure not static charge.
-Finally (this seems to be what did the trick), we went into MSCONFIG, deactivated everything, and I read each item to Gateway tech support, who told me what to check and what not to check (basically, anything with Microsoft, Intel, or our Virus Scan/Firewall programs were allowed to remain, everything else was deactivated). It now seems to work just fine! I've got to put in a good plug for Gateway's customer support... they really did help with this.

Hope this helps someone!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dbd0626a-5b53-4eca-b2cc-0573cbe24e12/vista-freezes-up-can-do-nothing-but-hard-reboot?forum=itprovistadesktopui
Relevancy 40.85%

after googling this problem, it seems pretty old, but im messed up anyway.
The computer automatically reboots after a minute or two, and there is nothing I can do to change the "Remote Procedure Call" settings in Services.msc to cancel reboot if failure.

Is there any other way I may handle this ?

I did receive a message from a friend on MSN this evening, but I never open unknown links at MSN !!

Please help me, I would like to enjoy my new HTPC instead of troubleshooting

A:RPC causes Reboot in Vista Home Premium 64 Bit

Hi, diy mekkern, and welcome to the forums.

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode so you can change those settings you are talking about?

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/173787-rpc-causes-reboot-vista-home-premium-64-bit.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I use a night unlimited internet connection. My ISP charges me for the whole nights download if I don't reboot my router(D-link DSL 502T) before 8:00am.

I used to to reboot my router on windows xp using this telnet scripting tool to run the following script using the built in task scheduler of windows.
Code:

192.168.1.1 23
WAIT "login"
SEND "root\m"
WAIT "Password"
SEND "admin\m"
WAIT "#"
SEND "reboot\m"
Now I have upgraded to Windows Vista, and this scripting tool has ceased to work on it.

Can anybody here please help me with this.

Thanks!
Aseem

A:Router reboot script on Vista

Have you ensured telnet is installed for commandline use? By default on Vista its turned off. From a Run as administrator command line you can type in start /w pkgmgr /iu:"TelnetClient" and then wait a few mins for it to install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-reboot-script-on-vista.718966/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I need some help I built my system running Vista Ultimate with Abit IX Quad GT mb QX GB of DDR memory GB SATA hd GT GB vc At first the system ran ok then I got a video driver stopped responding error then memory dump crashes started to happen I thought it was because of the video cards being SLI and the mb is crossfire type Vista reboot ultimate constant 64 that triggered the problems I bought a new Asus P N-T Deluxe mb and replaced the Abit mb After booting up with the new Asus mb it worked for a short time now it won't boot up at all after I got the latest windows updates last week It is now in constant reboot mode Can't go into normal boot safe mode with networking or safe mode at all I tried to use the DVD to repair it ended with a message of window is fixed and should be able to boot message But when it boot up it will go only as far as Vista ultimate 64 constant reboot the Vista window with the horizontal scrolling bar then to an abrupt stop then blue screen which is Vista ultimate 64 constant reboot so fast and I can't read the error messages I tried for over a week using various methods to get in to backup my information and failed Last weekend out of desparation I installed Vista on one of the backup drive and everything was fine until I got the latest update and now it TOO is doing the constant reboot thing I do not want to reinstall Vista onto the original drive which will wipe out all the information I have on it now Anyone has any idea as how to get the drive to boot so I can back up my information prior to reformat and reinstall Vista Just for kick I tested the Abit mb on my wife computer with the exact same set up except only one GB video card and it's working fine with only crash after installation of the latest deadly windows update I had to use her DVD to repair it then it is still working after a week I guess it was Windows fault all along Thank you Stan

A:Vista ultimate 64 constant reboot

what power supply
brand
wattage

to turn off the auto reboot
control panel /system/advanced/startup and recovery settings
then untick the auto reboot box
post any bsod error messages the computer freezes on in full

try a recovery to a date earlier when all was ok

you access it by booting from the dvd and selecting the repair option on the bottom left and it should be in the options that come up

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...4be5e1033.mspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-ultimate-64-constant-reboot-326732.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Well I think this problem is damn weird...
Because always when i come from WC (yep that same kind of little room in your house) my computer reboots :S. MY computer reboots sometimes when i use skype and an applications at the same time.
Please help. :S

Motherboard: ASUSTek M2A-MX
Bios:American megatrends
-Version: 0802
CPU:AMD Athlon X64 X2 5200+
Video Card: Ati Radeon 3680 HD
PSU: MICROONE
-Model no. AL-8360BTX
ATX 350W
V.2.2/P4 ATX 12V for Pentium4

and wireless mouse and keyboard

im about to buy new PSU to a better one too.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-weirdest-reboot-problem-545146.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a new computer; OS Windows Vista Home Premium.

I have noticed that on a couple of occasions whilst I'm browsing the web or viewing emails, suddenly I get a message saying do you want to save the tabs, before I can barely read this notice and no time to respond, the computer closes all windows, logs me off, says its configuring updates and then shuts down. It then reboots and I have to log in again.

The system is set to install updates automatically, but is it normal for Vista to just suddenly shut down and reboot, leaving no time to respond and save work.

My old computer running XP OS would only update and then do the configuring stuff when I shut down.

cheers for any comments.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/244261-vista-auto-reboot-query.html
Relevancy 40.85%

reboot failure
toshiba satellite a300 series has worked flawlessly since new 5 yrs ago

A:black screen then no vista reboot

Does it start up if you removed the charger? I'm having an issue where my Toshiba Satellite won't start up properly while the charger is in, perhaps that's what yours is too.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-then-no-vista-reboot-663624.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have vista home edition, for a while now its been restarting at random times, but today i tried to turn my pc on and right after the boot screen it started rebooting on a loop.wont even go into safe mode, I havent installed anything recently, I have also tried a perfectly good working hdd from another pc,That did not boot up either. do not have a vista cd but did download a vista recovery disc and after scan it says cannot fix problems. could it be a memory problem,cant test as only have a 1 gig stick so cant swap 1 out. thanks

A:vista on a reboot loop at start up

Have a read: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894278?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/298459/vista-on-a-reboot-loop-at-start-up/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have an hp touchsmart all-in-one desktop and I always get the message: Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key. What do I do? Can someone please help?

A:Windows vista reboot issue

Hi and welcome to TSF check in the bios that the hdd is the first boot device try tapping F2 on boot,do you have a disc in the dvd drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-reboot-issue-548887.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello having trouble getting windows vista to start Computer was frozen so i had to manually reboot Getting a message saying failed to reboot There is no system Vista reboot Windows to failing recovery option At one point i Windows Vista failing to reboot was asked to insert system install disc to load driver insert installation media for the device and click okay to select a driver Not sure what to do there I was able to get startup repair to run it has gone through one cycle of repairing and asked me to reboot I rebooted and it failed again to boot so it ran the startup repair again prompted for another restart After this restart it appears to be stuck on a black screen with just the cursor showing I am unsure of whether to let it site a while or try another manual reboot I unfortunately dont think i have my original installation CDs for vista and i would like to get my computer working again without losing everything Do i have any other options other than the startup repair im currently running Any help would be greatly appreciated If it helps i have an ACER aspire Thanks again in advance edit am unable to start in safe mode

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529480/windows-vista-failing-to-reboot/
Relevancy 40.85%

Im Usin Windows Home Premium,
Model: Deminsion E521
I Restart My Computer and the CHKDSK came up and it starts out fine
dashing thru 1-19% like it normally does.
because it has been doin this since december of 08 now
[Feb 15, 09] it wants to freeze at 20% and once it freezes at 20%
it does not go any farther then that,
ive tryed doing a hard shut down and starting it again... it does the same,
i even tryed to skip it.
the message says press any key within (how many) sec's to skip it,
i press like every key and it doesnt skip it at all.
And i Dont think there is a Way Around it.

Thanks For Any help in Advance

Please and Thank you

A:Vista CHKDSK at reboot URGENT

Hi, do you have a copy of the Vista dvd? If not, do you have the dell recovery disk? We need to get to a command prompt. With the Vista dvd set boot device to cd rom drive first in bios and boot from the Vista dvd. Go past the language setup and select the option "repair your computer" you will get to advanced options select command prompt. If you only have the dell boot with it in the drive and from the beginning of the post tap F12 key select "tools PC Restore" then up down arrows to select "command prompt"

At the command prompt type the following commands:- (NOTE all commands are typed without the quotes) assumes windows is on C
? fsutil dirty query c: ? Press enter this queries the drive, and more than likely it will tell you that it is dirty. Next, type ?CHKNTFS /X C:? Press enter the X tells Windows to NOT check that particular drive (C) on the next reboot. At this time, manually reboot your computer, it should not do a Chkdsk and take you directly toWindows.

Once Windows has fully loaded, bring up another CMD prompt and type and now you want to do a Chkdsk manually by typing ?Chkdsk /f /r c:?. This should take you through 5 stages of the scan and will unset that dirty bit. Finally, type ?fsutil dirty query c:? and Windows will confirm that the dirty bit is not set on that drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-chkdsk-at-reboot-urgent-346565.html
Relevancy 40.85%

After failed attempts at installing a Citrix VPN (beta) client, after the bootup splash screen I see a very brief BSOD and the computer constantly reboots. Is there any way to pause the blue screen so that I can read it to get a clue? (Fast computer, fast Blue Screen) I can boot from DVD, but not in safe mode. The Startup Repair doesn't fix it and System Restore fails.

I figure it is the VPN client, but other than a few logs, I don't see any files, folders, registry entries, etc that indicates it presence.

Vista Home Premium 64-bit.

A:Vista BSOD and constant reboot

At the beginning when all there is is the little flashing "_", press F8 and then select, "Disable Automatic Restart" Then write down the service code.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-bsod-and-constant-reboot-183077.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I was installing vista and it did one of it's reboots, and now it goes to that screen with the loading green lines and just reboots. Is there a way I can fix this or boot into safe mode or something.

A:Installing Vista and now in continous reboot

try a reboot and keep tapping f8 this is one way but it may be specific to your comp as to which key

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-vista-and-now-in-continous-reboot.790975/
Relevancy 40.85%

vista running computer keeps rebooting, I press F12 to change the start up sequence to reboot from the disk drive but the selection doesn't move and the computer freezes on that screen. How can I get this computer working again. How can I get the computer reboot from the disk drive.

A:computer running vista keeps on trying to reboot

While the computer is powered down remove all peripherals except your keyboard and mouse. Try tapping the F8 key (in 1 second intervals after you power it on) during startup until you get the advanced startup options. Select "last known good configuration" and hit enter. Let us know how this goes. message edited by btk1w1

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/computer-running-vista-keeps-on-trying-to-reboot/13961.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a machine that turned off in the middle of use the other day and now when it boots up it opens into a "my documents" window. Everything other than than this window is blacked out. Does this sound like a malware/virus problem, or something caused by OS?

I'm good at fixing things in XP, but this is my first attempt at Vista so suggestions and diagnostic tips would be appreciated.

HP Pavilion DV2500
running windows vista home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-vista-reboot-problem.710508/
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm running Vista Home Premium Version 6 (Build 6000) 32-bit SP2.

Vista does not save my customized cursor changes after I reboot. I change the
cursors and they stay changed until I reboot, then they go back to the
default Windows Aero scheme.

Also, when I'm in the Pointers tab of the Mouse Properties screen, the
Apply button is grayed out (disabled/unavailable/I cannot click it). I can only change the cursors by clicking the OK button.

I have found many posts with this same issue (also on Vista Business) and no fixes for it. I have been dealing with this since I got my Vista laptop back in April 2008 and it is very annoying since it seems like it's such a simple thing.

Does anyone have a clue how to fix this? Thanks.

A:Vista Resets Cursors After Reboot

PROBLEM SOLVED: Never mind, I thought I had the custom cursors in the Windows/Cursors folder, but I didn't. (For years I could put them in any folder.) Once I moved them there, now they save after reboot.

Although someone else said they've experienced this problem when Vista returns from Sleep mode. I'm hoping that doesn't happen to me after I finally "solved" the problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/262635-vista-resets-cursors-after-reboot.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi! Hope I'm posting in the right place, I really need help.
I've been using visual styles for Vista for a month or so and everything was fine until I stupidly started poking around and broke something. Now whenever I boot or reboot my computor, it starts loading the style I selected before rebooting but then it immediately switches back to the default style. I've tried re-patching with VistaGlazz, I've removed WindowBlinds so there'd be no conflict, but nothing fixes it.
Help me pretty please?

A:Vista visual style reverts on reboot

No? Could someone maybe point me to where I might get some help? I'd really appretiate it!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-visual-style-reverts-on-reboot.752878/
Relevancy 40.42%

i just recently did a restore, and vista was redownloading from windows update. it had just downloaded sp1 or 2 anyway, it rebooted itself and now just a code and files are zooming by, i clicked to do startup repair and it attempted repairs for hours. i used a boot disk and attempted to do a restore again, couldnt i have a acer aspire 5610z which as ya know has that x drive partition etc. i have no disks as i got the computer from a friend, someone please help me

A:help vista wont reboot after windows update

In terms of current status, what happens now if you
start the PC and just let it do whatever it does?

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/281800-help-vista-wont-reboot-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 40.42%

RAN BITLOCKER INSTALLATION TOOL. IT ASKED TO REBOOT. AFTER HITTING OK MACHINE CANNOT FIND BOOT MANAGER. IT IS AN HP PAVILION 9269us.

A:can't reboot while installing bitlocker vista ultimate

Restart your computer and press F8 as it starts before windows loads. Go to safe mode and do a system restore to before your attempt to install bitlocker.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290694-cant-reboot-while-installing-bitlocker-vista-ultimate.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Okay so i have this loop 7 and windows installation Reboot vista during machine acer m that originally had windows vista I tried to do a clean install of windows with an original windows installation cd Everything would go okay until Reboot loop during windows 7 and vista installation right after the computer restarts and goes to the part of COMPLETING INSTALLATION At that moment my screen suddenly flashes with the blue screen of death i wasnt able to right the error that shows up though Then the computer restarts and goes to setup devices and right after that an error message appears saying windows did not complete installation due to an unexpected restart restart the computer and restart the installation If i click okay it will go into an endless loop Restarting one time after another So i thought i would install windows vista again Try to make things the way they were before but i get the same error i'm only able to install xp With XP everything works fine I do want to be able to install windows though I have tried almost every trick in the book Nothing has helped Im thinking this isnt a hardware problem since it works with xp probably a configuration problem If someone can help me i would highly appreciate it

A:Reboot loop during windows 7 and vista installation

Same problem with 2 different OS's suggests a hardware problem to me.

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Malware (read the details at the link)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/reboot-loop-during-windows-7-and-vista-installation-546900.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Please help! I am running windows vista home premium and for the past month or so, every time I switch user or log off. vista will reboot. I need a hero!

Thanks!

A:Switching user or logging off causes vista to reboot.

Originally Posted by vistahp

Please help! I am running windows vista home premium and for the past month or so, every time I switch user or log off. vista will reboot. I need a hero!

Thanks!

There are many instances of this problem reported on the net, but no real solutions. It is possible the problem is not related to Vista per ce but is in a driver. What programs do you have loaded. Does the problem occur when switching one way? ie User A to B, but not from User B to A. Is the reboot associated with a blue screen?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/199334-switching-user-logging-off-causes-vista-reboot.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I recently got a virus that took down windows vista to a BSOD and deleted necessary files from avira and windows defender I couldnt boot in any of the boot options not even safemodes nothing I burned a vista rescue cd to fix it I used it Was able to get it back and running but I am not finding any traces of the virus which deleted itself and took down all of vista in - seconds I was hoping somebody could take a look at my HijackThis log It is also attached Let me know if you see anything that is bad Here it is Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Windows BSOD reboot, Vista Hijackthis on log Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system Taskmgr exeC Users kev Documents Downloads HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exeO - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exeO - HKLM Run Skytel Windows Vista BSOD on reboot, Hijackthis log C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA Skytel exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - Windows Vista BSOD on reboot, Hijackthis log HKLM Run PSUNMain quot C Program Files Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSUNMain exe quot TraybarO - HKLM RunOnce PsNAvInstaller quot C Users kev AppData Local Temp Pan tmp Setup exe quot Restart Pan tmpO - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeO - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exeO - HKCU Run Steam quot C Program Files Steam Steam exe quot -silentO - HKCU Run AlcoholAutomount quot C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol axcmd exe quot automountO - HKCU RunOnce Shockwave Updater C Windows system Adobe Shockwave SwHelper exe -Update - - quot Mozilla compatible MSIE Windows NT SLCC NET CLR Media Center PC NET CLR NET CLR quot - quot http www pbs org wgbh nova stockmarket playwave html quot O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLLO - Gopher Prefix O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip A DC- - D D- -F A EC A NameServer O - Protocol skype com - FFC B - B - DFF- - C DD F D - C PROGRA COMMON Skype SKYPE DLLO - Service Agere Modem Call Progress Audio AgereModemAudio - Agere Systems - C Windows system agrsmsvc exeO - Service Apple Mobile Dev... Read more

A:Windows Vista BSOD on reboot, Hijackthis log

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297543/windows-vista-bsod-on-reboot-hijackthis-log/
Relevancy 40.42%

I m using Vista which is terrible but I don t have the funds for a new OS right now The problem is that I ll turn on my computer and it loads up just fine I get all the way to my desktop but about a minute later the whole stable to computer before it's Have enough (Vista) use 10+ to reboot times system Have to reboot computer (Vista) 10+ times before it's stable enough to use crashes not even a BSOD to give me a clue as to why So then I open it in safe mode Same thing happens I reboot again and it won t even take me to the boot mode selection screen I turn it off wait about ten seconds reboot It repeats the same cycle about twice before finally giving up the ghost and running smoothly At that point I can run it as long as I want no problem I can t put it in sleep mode though or it ll crash I ve run chkdsk countless times several registry fixers virus checking programs all of which were from trusted sources and I m virus-free I only found a few minor registry errors but these clearly weren t the issue as my computer still buggers up This started happening at the end of December and I don t know why as I hadn t downloaded any files or messed with the system at all that month I was away on vacation most of the time I ll post the six recurring errors that appear in event viewer that happen just before the system shuts down after seeming okay There are about others that sometimes occur but they seem to be a result of the system shutting down and not the cause DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments quot quot in order to run the server E B D-F A- D -B A - DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service netprofm with arguments quot quot in order to run the server A D -C - D -A B - AD B DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service netman with arguments quot quot in order to run the server BA AD - - D -B D - FC E DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service fdPHost with arguments quot quot in order to run the server B -FE A- -A - C AD EF DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments quot quot in order to run the server BE F - - D -B - C FB AF DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments quot quot in order to run the server DD ACC-F - A-A - B B DC A side note There are a few recurring errors here and there outside of the ones that result from crashes and they all have something to do with networking This is strange as I start safe mode without networking and it still shuts down Another interesting thing about it is that sometimes the system will be fine on the first startup and I ll go get food or something and when I come back it s working well But when I start up Google Chrome the system shuts down I ve reinstalled it twice and used firefox and IE to see if it was Chrome doing but it appears to be any browser that shuts it down like that nbsp

A:Have to reboot computer (Vista) 10+ times before it's stable enough to use

Laptop or desktop computer? If it is a desktop, the power supply might be the cause of the trouble

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-to-reboot-computer-vista-10-times-before-its-stable-enough-to-use.179231/
Relevancy 40.42%

how do u reboot wndws 7 aftr upgrading from vista?

A:how do u reboot wndws 7 aftr upgrading from vista?

Click on the start menu, in the bottom-left corner, and you will see a little arrow near the bottom of the right pane. Click on the arrow, and you should see the option to restart.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-do-u-reboot-wndws-7-aftr-upgrading-from-vista-526316.html