Windows Support Forum

Ethernet vs Wifi and Confusion

Q: Ethernet vs Wifi and Confusion

Okay so before I begin I'd like to say I am relatively new to computing and I'm not the most knowledgeable.

Let me explain my setup:
I have a HP Envy SleekBook Laptop which is connected to my BT Wifi through a NetGear HomePlug which should give me wired internet.

I cannot move the router which is that the other side of the house and I decided to test me internet speed on speedtest.net I got nearly exactly the same values when using the ethernet cable and when connecting to the internet.

I often have ping spikes and lag in CS:GO.

That is my main issue and my secondary discussion is if this is a good setup : (I have ordered this stuff)

https://www.vibox.co.uk/promotions/defcon1blue
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B7ZE0G2/ref=twister_B00L17TXY0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CH-...id=1434810239&sr=1-2&keywords=corsair+k70+rgb

Thanks <3

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Ethernet vs Wifi and Confusion

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Ethernet vs Wifi and Confusion

HMM. and your problem / question is ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-vs-wifi-and-confusion.216646/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,

I have a hopefully simple problem to solve!
I'm in a shared house and the wireless router lives just outside my room. However, the wireless has been playing up a lot lately and keeps dropping out.

I have an ethernet cable connected from my PC to my PS3.

Can I remove this from the pS3 and connect it to the ethernet port on the router to get a wired connection?
I tried it but it would only pick up the wireless and, when I disabled the wireless dongle, nothing at all!

Is there some setting I need to make to 'active' the ethernet connection?

The Router is an O2 Wireless II box. I have Windows 7 Ultimate.

What the lights on the O2 wireless box mean - Support - O2

I may end up getting a separate service put in, because the dropping out is really annoying, but I thought this would be a relatively simple stopgap solution!

Thanks
Mark

A:Ethernet/Wireless router confusion...

For the wireless dropping out problem, have you tried using a different channel in the router's wireless connection settings?

You can scan the area around your house using this Xirrus wi-fi inspector which will help you find an unused channel in your area.

Xirrus: The Leader in High Performance Wi-Fi - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools

As for the wired connection, assuming the DHCP is enabled, it should work as soon as you plug in the eithernet cable. If not, then you might need to download some drivers for your wired eithernet adaptor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/110150-ethernet-wireless-router-confusion.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey everyone,

I'm currently in a dorm and it has an ethernet setup like the one shown:

As you can see it has two ethernet plugs, a cable connection for TV, and a phone jack. Mine and my roommate's problem is that we want to connect three things at once (laptops x2 and a PlayStation 3). I did some research on Google and some sites said we need an 'ethernet splitter' and some said we need a 'network switch'. Could someone clear up this confusion for us?! (and post a link or two to a retailer where we could purchase this device?)

Thank you for your time.

A:Dorm ethernet problem and confusion...

You need one of these guys: ethernet switch - Search at Office Depot

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/276017-dorm-ethernet-problem-confusion.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi After moving to a new home I'm having trouble getting a wired connection working Same modem and router as the previous home same PC Different ISP but both are Shaw cable re-packagers router CISCO Linksys E Factory Reset with latest firmware modem THOMPSON DCM wifi disabled) Wifi Ethernet Works, doesn't (even with motherboard SAPPHIRE Pure Black P Hydra USB adapter USB wifi Dlink DWA- Operating system Windows Ethernet Adapter Marvell Yukon E Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller latest driver version I have only a PC and an android connected occasionally and android tablet as well Wifi Works, Ethernet doesn't (even with wifi disabled) The PC can connect via wifi if ethernet is disabled and then modem router PC restarted but I can't seem to figure out a way to get the ethernet connection to work I've tried DHCP and Static IP configurations and I've tried connecting the ethernet directly to the modem instead of the router but to no avail I believe I've managed at times to access the router from the PC only with static IP but never the internet as well I've tried cat cables as well Here are some pictures with more details of my config I've been banging my head against this for hours can anyone see what I'm missing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399637-wifi-works-ethernet-doesnt-even-wifi-disabled.html
Relevancy 55.9%

The clinic in Solved: clinic for LAN WiFi confusion topology remote rural Fiji needs to re-do its network due to change in ISP and physical entry Solved: WiFi LAN for remote clinic topology confusion point of service and disappearance of original network guy who kept the router logins passwords secret necessitating hard resets before disappearing into Argentina There are four main routers is connected to the Internet via a point-to-point setup provided by the ISP It is located at a building quite some distance away from the actual clinic building It is a WRT- GS with DD-WRT firmware I set it to AP with DHCP enabled and local computers can see it and connect Router also WRT- G w DD-WRT is inthe clinic building has big antennas and has previously connected to router with no problems so no signal strength issues is wired to s and inside the clinic bldg Routers and supply WiFi inside the clinic is an old CNet G and is an old Netgear N My problem is Router How do I configure it to receive the WiFi signal from Is it correct that because and are wired to when connects to I can put the cables from for and into the WAN ports of and and they should then broadcast signals permitting everyone to connect through them to router and thence the net Is it correct that and must have DHCP enabled i e they won t pass on the DHCP service from I do not know enough to be clear on what IP addresses to use for the routers and how DHCP should be set on each of them If topology is not clear enough I can attach a diagram TIA nbsp

A:Solved: WiFi LAN for remote clinic topology confusion

Hmmm. If you're trying to make it rebroadcast it, this might help: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Universal_Wireless_Repeater

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-lan-for-remote-clinic-topology-confusion.1092960/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey so at my apartment complex all I have is wifi available, there seems to be a ethernet port on the wall downstairs but I dont think it works. I was thinking of getting a Wifi to Ethernet adapter but I do not know if that actually will make it so my connection is stable and doesnt get affected by people streaming etc. I notice that it says it would pick up wifi and then I could use my ethernet to connect it to my computer. I don't really understand how all this works. I would like some help figuring out what to do. I can always try that port. or is there something I can plug into that port that would give me a stable connection? I'm running out of ideas. Anything helps. Thanks!

A:I only have wifi available at my apartment. will using a wifi to ethernet adaptor help?

you can do that with some devices
BUT I do not think it will make any difference to your issues , as its still using the wireless signal

it will get affected by people streaming

in the LAN connection , have you tried plugging a cable into a laptop ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-only-have-wifi-available-at-my-apartment-will-using-a-wifi-to-ethernet-adaptor-help.1154064/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi FASTER Bridge ethernet-->wifi using vs - MUCH Wifi with Bridge router there If you've a spare Wifi vs ethernet-->wifi Bridge using router - MUCH FASTER with Bridge old router which you can set up as a wifi bridge and connect a bit of LAN cable from Laptop into the Bridge router you'll generally get FAR better performance from even a cheap router Logic behind this is that most Wifi adapters are half duplex whereas a router is full duplex and throughput will be significantly better Another advantage is that you can still use GHZ band even if your PC or whatever only can handle GHZ wifi If your router doesn't have bridging facilities you can often do it by a firmware upgrade --for most routers try this www dd-wrt com Unleash Your Router Note --this is the Bridging router --not your main one that you use to connect to your ISP with --don't want to cause people to have inoperable boxes I've found using a Router as a bridge far better than having to have loads of LAN cable all round the house --and also antennae in wifi routers are hugely better than most built in Wifi cards so you can in a lot of cases avoid extra slowdown caused by wifi extenders In my quot man shed quot -- a good metres from the main house - could just about get Mib s on a very poor GHZ wifi signal from the wifi card Laptop now acceptable - still with GHZ wifi but using quot Bridged quot method with an old EDIMAX wifi port router Around Mib s still a lot slower by about X - I'm getting nearly Gb s download in main house on GHZ wifi --ISL has excellent Internet than in the main house but perfectly OK for streaming Football etc when friends are around and we're all drinking Beer etc -- no complaints from quot the Other quot about noise cheers of quot Goooooal quot clearing up etc etc Good even for a SLOW Ping -- remember I'm over metres away from my House and on GHZ Wifi -- GHZ not receivable at that distance added -- even if your PC laptop doesn't have a LAN connector it's still worthwhile doing this with a USB-- gt Lan adapter -- even a USB -- gt LAN works really well -- USB speed will easily handle Mib s and adapter can cost as little as EUR - those cheap Chinese unbranded ones work fine too I've had simultaneous connections through that Bridge router this way -- guys had laptops with no LAN cards - they used the adapters --all very happy USB quot -- gt LAN adapter-- gt Lan cable-- gt Port on Bridge router Cheers jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/67451-wifi-vs-ethernet-wifi-bridge-using-router-much-faster-bridge.html
Relevancy 49.88%

HI all we had a storm come buy last night so I loged all computers off about 20 min later the power whent out and came back on after some time the problem i am haveing is I can not connect wired in PC's but the laptops well connect wifi but they are slow , and all so my iphone and my SGS4 well not conect wifi
I have reset the 2wire modem from u verse (at&t) do yall think it killed my modem? all lights are on as they sould be , and att tech have no clue whats up.

A:Ethernet wifi

Unplug the modem for 5 minutes, then plug it in. Let us know what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301324-ethernet-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I installed WiFi some time ago but the Win PC downstairs did not have WiFi capabilities I bought an adapter and it worked fine for a short time so I bought and installed another adapter The other night it failed again so I dragged out my Ethernet cable and hooked it up to the PC I contacted Linksys and went to Office Depot to make sure that I plugged the other end into either the router or the modem The original modem and router are connected to my Win desktop which does not have WiFi either My Netbook and laptop still have WiFi as does my phone But I can NOT get Internet on the PC downstairs with the Ethernet cable I took the second adapter out before attaching the Ethernet cable I'm not smart enough to change anything Ethernet vs WiFi on my Ethernet vs WiFi ISP settings for that has to be done Does anyone have a simple suggestion Or having any ideas why this is an issue Should have been a simple connect I would think Before installing WiFi all Ethernet vs WiFi of my computers used an Ethernet cable so why not now

A:Ethernet vs WiFi

Try resetting your Router .. If that does not help read the Link below ...

How to fix an internet connection

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/349015-ethernet-vs-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a trubleshoot from a few month... I cannot turn my laptop as a Hotspot.. Any kind of softwares are not working....  please Help me for this problem...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Ethernet-Wifi/td-p/5789960
Relevancy 49.88%

i have a question that i have been looking for weeks now,

i have a laptop running xp ue v6 sp2 edition and have ethernet port and wifi port

both work

but on certain places i can have ethernet pluged in plus i have another wifi network that i can also connect

so when i go to cmd i check ipconfig and it shows two diferent ip addreses for the two connected networks

my question is, how can i control that, i mean

if conection 1 is 300 k
and connection 2 is 300k

how can i make it so that windows will use both at the same time so that i have on direct or indirect downloads 600k ?, is that possible?

please do help me, i have no idea whatelse todo ...

regards from south america

att

Ivan C. alarcon

A:How To ethernet plus Wifi help!!

I personally belive (I could be wrong) you can not do that with windows itself. However, I think it is possible thru specail software. John and other guys can give you a better answere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-ethernet-plus-wifi-help.570438/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi! Sorry I'm not much of a techie person. I'm having a problem here with the internet. My laptop connects to the WIFI properly but when the PC gets connected, with the ethernet cable, to the internet the wifi connection becomes bad but the signal strength shown is just as strong. thanks! using a windows 7 os btw.

A:WiFi and ethernet

Use only one or the other, but not both concurrently.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-and-ethernet.202781/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Wifi channel on my pc, and also on my router.
I have a network printer attached to the router.
Currently my pc is connected to router through ethernet wired connection.

When I need to access the PC from a laptop by Wifi, is it best to use the PC WiFi, or the router Wifi connection, and how do I stop the PC connecting to the router by Wifi if that is enabled on both devices? I presume the ethernet connection is faster, and certainly more reliable.

A:Ethernet and WiFi

Your laptop should connect to the router, the laptop won't even see the desktop's wifi to connect to unless you have configured it to be a hotspot (leave the PC's wifi disabled). Provided both the PC and the laptop are running Win 7 or later OS, you should be able to create a Homegroup so that you can share files between the 2 computers.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/61167-ethernet-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi In the HVAC industry In a new location we have set up our usual network system interconecting a number of microprocessors with a main controller The main controller is connected to the computer via an ethernet port it can be assigned a different IP address from the default We need to access the computer from the web and so currently we have a wifi connection via a USB and ethernet wifi port DHCP enabled The computer is running Windows It works untill there is a power failure or the computer is shut down it is normally left on When the computer restarts after a power outage the wifi connection is good at least sometimes if not all but we loose our communication with the HVAC controller If we shut down the computer unplug the USB wifi restart the computer restart our ethernet and wifi program ethernet and wifi Continuum and thereby establish communication with the controller we can then plug the wifi back in and both continue operational We can access the internet we can be accessed from the internet and we can communicate with the HVAC controller Is there a way to set these two ports up such that when the computer restarts it is set up to restart after a power failure we have communication with both systems If not is there a way to automate this procedure so that it does so on its own ie upon start up the wifi port remains dissabled for some period of time while the computer and windows restarts restart the Continuum program and then re-establish the wifi I thank you very much in advance for any help and or insight you can give me JPSTECH nbsp

A:ethernet and wifi

Try scheduling the tasks so that they are dependant on events like resources becoming available.

(I would have to look it up and work through it as well )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-and-wifi.1135055/
Relevancy 49.88%

I was wondering if it's possible to utilize both WiFi and ethernet in tandem. I'm pretty sure some of you are going to tell me that I can only access the internet through one of these, up to my bandwidth limit, but that's not what I mean.

I'd like to access the internet through my WiFi connection, yet have a wired connection through my router to access the files on the other computers in my house. Is this even possible?

A:WiFi and ethernet together

Originally Posted by SteveS801

I was wondering if it's possible to utilize both WiFi and ethernet in tandem. I'm pretty sure some of you are going to tell me that I can only access the internet through one of these, up to my bandwidth limit, but that's not what I mean.

I'd like to access the internet through my WiFi connection, yet have a wired connection through my router to access the files on the other computers in my house. Is this even possible?

"...Theoretical speed versus actual speed

... Wi-Fi is very convenient, but it does not match the speed and reliability of wired Ethernet.

...though 802.11n can theoretically reach 300 Mb/s, a 100 Mb/s wired Ethernet connection will often outperform it in real-world usage, because wired Ethernet networks perform more closely to their theoretical limits and are less susceptible to outside influences..."​Transporter: Wi-Fi versus Ethernet performance

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/18624-wifi-ethernet-together.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am a robot programmer and frequently have a robot connected wifi simultaneously ethernet and Use to the Ethernet port However these robots are no wifi antennas and thus I would like to use wifi at the same time for the internet connection To consult the internet check my mail play music etc I have to detach the ethernet cable and wait for wifi to work before I have to plug it in again to write code for the robot This is very annoying as you can imagine nbsp So Use ethernet and wifi simultaneously far I have tried many options none resulting in a solution that worked nbsp So in detail nbsp ProblemWifi disconnects when I connect to a robot controller via ethernet cable nbsp nbsp Tried solutionsSwitch on the wifi adapter while an ethernet cable is attached but it switches off again automatically Rearranged the network adapters network adapters gt advanced settings to let wifi have a higher priority Still switches off wifi though Tried changing the advanced settings of the wifi network adapters gt RMB on wifi gt Properties gt Advanced see if there was an option to stop it from switching off when ethernet is attached There was no option like that Accessed the BIOS settings to see if there was a possibility to stop the system from shutting down wifi when a cable is attached Bought a USB to Ethernet adapter but this resulted in wifi switching off as well Tried to install Lenovo Access Connections but it is not available anymore for Windows systems Tried Intel Wireless PROSet but this gave some weird errors while installing it Although it says it finished the install successfully there was no Intell Wireless PROSet installed nbsp anywhere on the laptop nbsp System settingsSystem ThinkPad W with two adjustmentsHard drive bay with SSD instead of CD-bay which has some flaws as well but that's for another topic Physical memory upgraded from nbsp GB to GBOS Microsoft Windows Home

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Use-ethernet-and-wifi-simultaneously/td-p/3460129
Relevancy 49.45%

I have just set up a Wifi network to use my laptop when at Home,my Main PC is Ethernet connected to the Router/modem/WiFi.
How easy is it to make them share and be on the same network?

A:Mixed Ethernet and WiFi

Thanks Rick
I retired from networking some 10 years ago and am trying to upgrade my knowledge and set up a home network with NAS and Mulimedia but am a bit rusty.
Can I use the networking wizard and set up my network addressing all the PC similarly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mixed-ethernet-and-wifi.63873/
Relevancy 49.45%

We're having an issue in our office that has me stumped We have machines all on Windows and IP phones The IP phones need to be connected via ethernet and since we don't have access to an ethernet connection Ethernet WiFi Can't (ICS) share via in our building we share the wifi from the computer to the phone The process I used to set up the machines can be found here Using ICS Internet Connection Sharing - Can't share WiFi via Ethernet (ICS) Windows Help Once set up each computer and each phone worked great Then one by one the computers stopped treating the ethernet cable as an outbound connection sharing the signal from the wifi and started calling it an quot unidentified network quot with quot no internet access quot and the phone attached no longer had a connection When each computer decides to stop sharing every few days or so a new one calls it quits we have just used a working one to share with a switch and then share to multiple phones from the switch One by one each computer stopped sharing and minutes ago the last one stopped and all our phones are down There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to why the stop sharing or any discernable pattern Any help would be greatly appreciated since our business has no phones now and we are getting angry emails from customers

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/40433-cant-share-wifi-via-ethernet-ics.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi to all,
got a problem for some time and can't find a solution...

I think everybody knows about the problem with windows 8.1 at laptops with the limited ethernet (wifi), so I have the same problem on my PC and I cant find a cure...

Someone, any advices? Coz of this I cant loggin to my windows store and have problems with connection...

A:Limited Ethernet at PC (no the WIFI)!

Do not know what problems you are talking about with limited wifi & windows 8.x.x. Majority of the issues are Router/Gateway related.

It helps to know the mfg & model of your router/gateway, and spec's on the laptop. Use Speccy so you can upload system info on here, from the URL it gives you after it inspects your system. Speccy - System Information - Free Download

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56523-limited-ethernet-pc-no-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hola! I got a HP dv6000 and I am having a problemo! Its a newish computer. I bought it nearly new off ebay, and I put vista on it. Vista works and all but it only recognizes the dial up port. The computer has wifi and an ethernet port but it will not detect any network. Does any one know how to work this bad boy?

A:Cannot recognize ethernet or wifi.

HP Pavilion Notebook PCs*

its one of those

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/193827-cannot-recognize-ethernet-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello, i use a toshiba satellite laptop here are my specs.
https://gyazo.com/984c41491a3603c408f40cc4446008df
My problem is that my laptop only works when there is an ethernet cord plugged into it. my network icon looks like this
https://gyazo.com/d77496c5b25dd4e1f050b293bca1c26e
all that show up for drivers are this
https://gyazo.com/e060484754c8af99107a359022127b34
i dont know why wifi does not work on this laptop... its basically a pc then -_-

also heres what i find under network in device manager |

https://gyazo.com/d778175446f08b6d756676401a92a794

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FIX MY LAPTOP, NO WIFI IS KILLING ME, BTW ALL MY OTHER DEVICES WORK PERFECTLY FINE ON THE WIFI, MY MODEM IS A HOME HUB 2000 AND MY PROVIDER IS BELL

A:Wifi won't work ONLY ETHERNET!!??!?!?

If you need anymore info please tell me and ill post screen shots of it asap

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wont-work-only-ethernet.1155997/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello!
I just got a new modem (Netgear) that I replaced the old one (D-Link). The wifi is working perfectly, laptops, iPads etc. is working all fine.
The problem is, the computer that uses Ethernet cable isn't working at all. It's says 'Internet service unavailable' and the networks name went from 'unidentified' to 'Network 2'. Both computers using Ethernet cable isn't working and I have updated drive, try to see if it is the routers (Belkin G wireless)fault etc. Even my printer isn't working even though it uses wifi. The printer tough says 'Press router's WSP button' but my router doesn't have one.

So how can I fix this problem and make those computers work?

(Sorry for the description/language, I only have basic computer knowledge)

Thanks!

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Windows Dell and have recently got a Mac mini They are both connected to the internet via WiFi I have files that I want to access on the PC from the Mac Sharing the files over WiFi doesn t work well and I have a spare router that I want to use to connect the two Here is my dilemma when connecting ethernet to both machines the internet drops out as Ethernet takes priority over the WiFi I want to use WiFi for connecting to other computers simultaneously WiFi and Using Ethernet and the internet and ethernet for file sharing between the two machines To Using WiFi and Ethernet simultaneously make it easier to understand I ve uploaded a diagram here http dl dropbox com u network png I ve tried the obvious like Using WiFi and Ethernet simultaneously bridging the connections in Windows and trying different ports on the router I ALWAYS have my PC on when on the Mac so running the Mac s internet connection through the PC is fine Help is Using WiFi and Ethernet simultaneously appreciated Thanks folks nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Recently got a computer (Dell Latitude E6420) with no OS. Installed Windows 7, 64 bit system.

After that, had no drivers for wifi/etc so I installed ALL of the drivers from this page -http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/74985r1/drivers/advanced?s=bsd

Wifi is discovering my network - but not connecting when I connect. Even copied the network login stuff via USB to make sure.

Have been trying several different ways to fix this - reinstalled all the drivers, checked modem/router (work fine on this computer), plugged in Ethernet directly (doesn't work), made sure automatically establish IP was checked, etc.

Help :(

A:New Computer - No Ethernet or Wifi?

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
-----------------------------------------
Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Code: 0
Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc004f012
Windows Product Key: *****-*****-QCPVQ-KHRB8-RMV82
Windows Product Key Hash: +Rj3N34NLM2JqoBO/OzgzTZXgbY=
Windows Product ID: 00359-OEM-8992687-00095
Windows Product ID Type: 2
Windows License Type: OEM SLP
Windows OS version: 6.1.7601.2.00010300.1.0.003
ID: {AD5ECC0A-3199-462F-A854-71A8662CFC01}(1)
Is Admin: Yes
TestCab: 0x0
LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Product Name: Windows 7 Home Premium
Architecture: 0x00000009
Build lab: 7601.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
TTS Error:
Validation Diagnostic:
Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
File Exists: No
WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
Office Status: 109 N/A
OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->
Proxy settings: N/A
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
Default Browser: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
Active scripting: Allowed
Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watadminsvc.exe[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\npwatweb.dll[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watux.exe[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watweb.dll[Hr = 0x80070003]

Other data-->
Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{AD5ECC0A-3199-462F-A854-71A8662CFC01}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7601.2.00010300.1.0.003</OS><Architecture>x64</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-RMV82</PKey><PID>00359-OEM-8992687-00095</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3373630040-420921471-3171591597</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.</Manufacturer><Model>Latitude E6420</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>A22</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="6"/><Date>20150812000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>319D3507018400FE</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>DELL </OEMID><OEMTableID>CBX3 </OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults>

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->
Software licensing service version: 6.1.7601.17514

Name: Windows(R) 7, HomePremium edition
Description: Windo... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-computer-no-ethernet-or-wifi-1078234.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Does Ethernet mean a cable is needed?

Does WiFi mean no cable is needed?

A:WiFi and Ethernet differences

Ethernet - cable

WiFi - radio signal, no wires.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-and-ethernet-differences.1069928/
Relevancy 49.45%

Recently got a computer (Dell Latitude E6420) with no OS. Installed Windows 7, 32 bit system.

After that, had no drivers for wifi/etc so I installed ALL of the drivers from this page -http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/74985r1/drivers/advanced?s=bsd

Wifi is discovering my network - but not connecting when I connect. Even copied the network login stuff via USB to make sure.

Have been trying several different ways to fix this - reinstalled all the drivers, checked modem/router (work fine on this computer), plugged in Ethernet directly (doesn't work), made sure automatically establish IP was checked, etc.

Help

Relevancy 49.45%

So. I am currently "deployed" to a location that has free WiFi running on average 10 Mbps. I am using this connection to connect to a VPN I have setup at home.

My question is this, can I use my laptop's open LAN port to share the internet connection with my Xbox? I'm gonna go with yes on that one, with the help of a crossover cable of course. But, will the connection I'm sharing also be the VPN connection? Or will it just be sharing the WiFi connection?

So basically it's like this ... Laptop -> WiFi -> VPN

Will it be like this ... Xbox -> Laptop -> WiFi -> VPN

or

Like this ... Xbox -> Laptop -> WiFi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ics-and-vpn-using-laptops-wifi-and-ethernet.927882/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi! First post, sorry if it's in the wrong place :\
I have a Dell Inspiron running on Windows 7, and this problem has persisted for quite a while. When I attempt to use wifi, it appears as connected, but I'm not able to connect to any webpage. Any ideas on what I could do?
Thanks!

Relevancy 49.45%

I want to extend my Wi-Fi using a Ethernet cable. Most extenders seem to provide a Ethernet Socket rather than use one to extend the Wi-Fi signal. I don't need anything fancy. Can anyone recommend anything suitable.

A:WIFI Ethernet Extender

Look at Newegg for extenders wifi extender - Newegg.com
What type of Wi-Fi device do you have now?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/374361-wifi-ethernet-extender.html
Relevancy 49.45%

It started when I 1st got the laptop a month ago, I could get wifi connection but roughly, every 30minutes or when alot of stuff was happening on IM (msn messenger) the connection stopped, and it said on diognostics that the gateway closed but after that it would be normal until another 30 minutes. then yesterday.......wifi wont connect to my hub, only ethernet will allow internet access?

heres my spec:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B940 @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3947 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1845 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 461477 MB, Free - 338136 MB; E: Total - 99 MB, Free - 61 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, JE50_HR
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 49.45%

i am trying to connect my laptop (vista home premium) to my main pc (xp sp2) and what ever i do i have problems. when i connect via wifi not only does it take forever to connect but the connection keeps cutting out. i have a full signal but it is cuts out from my main pc. i have tried wep and wpa sceurity but nothing helps. i dont know if it is something to do with the he settings. i also have tried with a ethernet connection. my laptop seems to be connected find but on my main pc it says limited connection you may not be able to get access to some features. i dont have a virus. i dont know what it can be. i have tried both the connection wizards for both the wifi and the eithernet.
thanks for any help you lot can give. it is doing my head in

A:WIFI and Ethernet problems

Please supply the following info, exact models of the equipment please.

Make/model of the broadband modem.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Connection type, wired, wireless.
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).

For each machine, let's see this:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-and-ethernet-problems.602496/
Relevancy 49.45%

My computer is able to connect to the internet through an ethernet cable, but no devices besides my tv is able to wirelessly connect at all. The internet doesn't even show in the Choose A Network tab on my Ipad.

A:WiFi isn't working but ethernet is

What is the make and model of the router or modem you are using? What type of internet connection do you have (DSL / Cable / Satellite / etc). What have you done so far to try to correct this problem (reboot equipment, change settings, unplug then re-plug equipment, etc.)? Need to provide more information before anyone can really try to help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-isnt-working-but-ethernet-is.212323/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

So I've got a simple question really when a laptop is connected to a WIFI network then a Ethernet connection is plugged in which one will it use as priority?

A:WIFI or Ethernet Priority?

itll ignore wifi and use ethernet

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36919-wifi-ethernet-priority.html
Relevancy 49.45%

A nbsp W Lenovo Thinkpad Windows -bit It has been working until yesterday the first day at southern California - Cox provided a NETGEAR modem router has dual band for WIFI say Band and Band - Tried both bands are Windows are unable to connecto xxx or show as Connected in WIFI list but saied no internet access and a nbsp yellow star on top of WIFI bar in lower right corner - Tried all four combination of WPA -Personal WPA-Personal AES and TKIP - Plugged in wire directly from router while had WIFI turned OFF got currently connect to xxx no internet access Same thing while WIFI is ON nbsp Is the modem router working nbsp Yes all other laptops and wireless devices using the same router modem connected no problem wired or wireless nbsp Brought the laptop to not Ethernet Wifi connected Both and a COX center staffs there are very helpful connected to a diff router repeated the same steps still the same result nbsp We also checked nbsp Device Manager at Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected Control Panel Networking showing everything working Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected properly Even tried disable then enable the corresponding NIC warm-boot cold-boot same nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Both-Ethernet-and-Wifi-not-connected/td-p/3421751
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi There!
Yesterday night I had  tried to install a network driver in Windows 10. But it had not installed successfully. This morning I run my laptop as usual. But after a while I figured out that my wireless LAN, wifi, Ethernet, LAN and USB ports aren't working. So I do a ePSA Diagnostic from one time boot menu option by pressing F12 while restarting. There, I found on the Configuration tab:
Wireless Switch = on
Wireless Lan = not installed
Blutooth = installed
Wireless Wan = not installed
There are no sign of Wireless/Ethernet LAN in Device manager. There is a exclamation mark on USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller. My card reader and Bluetooth works fine.
I Would like to know what happened to my laptop(Dell Vostro 3460). Is my LAN Card dead? What about the USB Port?
Thanks in Advance,
Al Shahriar

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981000
Relevancy 49.45%

Hopefully this is the correct thread I'm years old so patience please I was able to enjoy blistering speed mbs down mbs up My old Dell all-in-one went belly up and I had to purchase a new computer This coincided with a problem with the BT Infinity broadband where a connection in the box up the street came loose Now repaired BT assure me all is OK to our premises and therefore the problem is mine Our speed is now hovering around mbs down mbs up This seems to make difference sometimes especially when both my wife and I are streaming - her to PC and me to iPad to TV via Apple box The funny thing is the supposedly ethernet connected PC is giving similar speed results to those of the iPad That prompted me to wonder PC or connected ethernet? Is wifi my via whether the desktop PC may be connected via wifi or both wifi and ethernet and perhaps causing a conflict somewhere I only need wifi on the desktop to connect to our printer which is always quot found quot when required In a nutshell is there a simpleton's way to check when I am connected to the BT Home hub using both wifi and ethernet and if both which one takes precedence Thanks

A:Is my PC connected via wifi or ethernet?

It may be that Wi-Fi and Ethernet are not the issue but the speed from the Modem to the WAN/Wide Area Network or known as the Internet. Wi-Fi and Ethernet are usually the connection between computers/devices and the Router which is then connected to the Modem to gain Internet access. The Modem and Router may be in the same box.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62525-my-pc-connected-via-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have my laptop connected to my router via Wifi, and my machine downstairs only has an ethernet port. If i connect my laptop downstairs can i share the wifi connection to my pc via a ethernet cable?

Ive foudn some posts and question about this before but none have worked.

My laptop has Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and my machine has Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

If anyone can help that would be great.

PS: I dont wana buy anything new as that machine wont be there forever, i just want a quick free temporary way of doing this.

Thanks

A:Share Wifi Via Ethernet

Yes, you can share your wifi. It's called ICS.

Using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/174401-share-wifi-via-ethernet.html
Relevancy 49.45%

A nbsp W Lenovo Thinkpad Windows -bit It has been working until yesterday the first day at southern California - Cox provided a NETGEAR modem router has dual band for WIFI say Band and Band - Tried both bands are Windows are unable to connecto xxx or show as Connected in WIFI list but saied no internet access and a nbsp not Both and Ethernet Wifi connected yellow star on Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected top of WIFI bar in lower right corner - Tried all four combination of WPA -Personal WPA-Personal AES and TKIP - Plugged in wire directly from router while had WIFI turned OFF got currently connect to xxx no internet access Same thing while WIFI is ON nbsp Is the modem router working nbsp Yes all other laptops and wireless devices using the same router modem connected no problem wired or wireless nbsp Brought the laptop to a COX center staffs there are very helpful connected to a diff router repeated the same steps still the same result Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected nbsp We also checked nbsp Device Manager at Control Panel Networking showing everything working properly Even tried disable then enable the corresponding NIC warm-boot cold-boot same nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Legacy-Laptops-A-I-V/Both-Ethernet-and-Wifi-not-connected/td-p/3421751
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi All,

I have a laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad) that is mounted in a docking station. In my house I have wifi, the docking station is connected to the router via hard LAN.

I have prioritized my connections to give preference to LAN over wifi (as I obviously prefer the fastest connection).

The Network sharing center now tells me I am connected to both LAN and Wifi, but the system tray tells me Wifi. How do I know through which I am now connected and how to I prioritize LAN? Please don't tell me to manually enable / disable ;-)

Thanks a lot!

M

A:How to switch between wifi and ethernet

Try ipconfig and see what your lan ip is
and then try
pathping 8.8.8.8
and if it goes threw you lan card ip first you will know it's working the way you want

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/307066-how-switch-between-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 49.45%

This is on a Windows Pro system with an on-board Intel Gigabit Ethernet port and a generic USB wifi adapter Ralink adapter using MS drivers The ethernet port connects to an Asus router which in turn connects to a cable modem from my ISP Optimum online The Wifi adapter is configured to connect to hotspots Optimum Wifi near my house I am using the networks because I need separate external IP addresses to test some web development I have Wifi? How prefer to Ethernet over been doing I am hosting an application over my ethernet connection but I want to connect to it with clients through the wifi connection Both adapters are configured to use DHCP and both have internet connectivity I have changed the interface metrics to for the ethernet How to prefer Ethernet over Wifi? adapter and for the wifi adapter I have also re-ordered the quot Adapters and Bindings quot list accessed through quot Control Panel gt Network and Internet gt Network Connections gt Alt-key gt Advanced gt Advanced Settings quot so the ethernet adapter is st and the wifi adapter is nd None of this works though For some reason I cannot get windows to respect any of the priorities I have set Whenever I open any application by default it will always choose the wifi adapter I am forced to disable the wifi adapter entirely open the applications I want to How to prefer Ethernet over Wifi? use with the ethernet adapter then re-enable wifi Even when I do that some of the applications I have already opened will revert to using the wifi adapter randomly Since the interface metric and quot Adapters and Bindings quot list don't work is there any other option Is there any rd party apps that will make the system work correctly Is this a known bug with my version of Windows I haven't found any hotfixes

A:How to prefer Ethernet over Wifi?

It seems the "Adapters and Bindings" list is actually broken in the Network settings...If I have the ethernet adapter at the top of the list (1st), and wifi below it (2nd), then wifi is always used by default. If I swap the order and have wifi at top (1st) and ethernet under it (2nd), then ethernet is used by default.

I'm going to test this more, but can anyone else confirm this? Such a blatant bug...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/72243-how-prefer-ethernet-over-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok here is the situation:
I live in an apartment complex with a few other roommates. We each have an ethernet-cable jack in our rooms, and we also have a wireless router located in one of my roommates' rooms that we all use for WIFI. My question to you guys is why, when connected to only WIFI, my interenet connection is faster than using an ethernet cable? Our WIFI network displays a speed of 65Mbps, while the ethernet network shows a 10Mbps. How does this make sense?

Speed test for Ethernet network:
Speed test for WIFI network:

A:Why is my WIFI faster than Ethernet?

For the speed tests... 0.03 difference is not really 'faster'... at least you would not see the difference.

as to the Our WIFI network displays a speed of 65Mbps, while the ethernet network shows a 10Mbps statement, if your ethernet port is showing 10Mbps, then either you have a setting that is incorrect (set to half duplex, not full duplex), you are using the wrong cable, or the ethernet port is bad.

Usually on a .g wireless network, it should say 54.0Mbps... not too sure why you are getting 65MBps... unless it's on a .n wireless?

So, for the ethernet, is it happening to only your computer? or other people's using the ethernet connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-is-my-wifi-faster-than-ethernet.992222/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi everyone I m moving tomorrow and need my internet for my online classes I currently Moving WiFi from to Ethernet have a cable modem going through a Belkin g router of which my ocomputer is the quot main quot computer I cannot get cable internet at my new place so I bought a new Belkin wireless N desktop network card I want to install tonight it tonight to make sure it works before I move That way if it doesn t work at my new place I ll know if its the configuration or the location that is the problem I am not concerned with keeping the home network set up I ll be flying solo once I m using the Wi-Fi I know the box says its a quot seamless quick and easy set up quot but it never really is Is there anything that I should Moving from Ethernet to WiFi do before making the switch that might not be in the setup instructions that it came with I would apreciate any Moving from Ethernet to WiFi suggestions Moving from Ethernet to WiFi hints tips tricks cautions or other tech wisdom that you think may be helpful I m running XP SP on an HP Pavilion Thank you nbsp

A:Moving from Ethernet to WiFi

Belkin wireless N1 desktop network card

you should just install with drivers etc
and it should automatically detect wireless signals and give you a prompt to connect

this is useful software to test wireless connections
Free software to check signal strength of wireless is netstumbler 0.4.0 available for download from http://www.stumbler.net/

BUT
if you cant get cable internet - how is you new place connected to the internet - via DSL/ADSL etc

you need a connection to the interent somehow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-from-ethernet-to-wifi.548138/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys, first post here. I don't know much about tech so joined here for help. I moved into a new house (rented) and we have virgin media internet with their infamously reliable super hub

I can connect to the internet fine with an ethernet cable but only get "local" access when attempting with wifi. My friend can get on wifi fine on his laptop and my wifi works fine on other networks which leads me to believe its just some settings that need changing. I will try to attach a picture of my ipconfig with wifi switched on and no ethernet cable in.

Any help on this would be much appreciated, I've googled for hours and hours but nothing anyone suggests on there has worked for me.

Cheers for any replies

A:Wifi not working, ethernet does

Is that Cell phone internet your using there. Disabled Wired connections when using WiFi connections don't have both enabled. Also are you sharing internet or WiFi in this building?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-not-working-ethernet-does.195318/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,
I really need help, please

So, 3 days ago I was connected to my wifi through wireless just fine
But now, whenever I try to connect, it says "unable to connect"
The signal is fine, the password is right, it would try "connecting" but ends up "unable to connect"
Been working fine all along and suddenly this occur

So, I tried to plug in the LAN cable and through the ethernet, it could connect fine!!

I have no idea why this is! PLEASE HELP!!

My computer: WINDOWS XP (32 bit/Home Edition/Version 2002/Service Pack 3)
Wireless: Intel PROSet/Wireless 14.3.1

A:Could not connect to wifi through wireless but could with LAN ethernet

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-connect-to-wifi-through-wireless-but-could-with-lan-ethernet.198992/
Relevancy 49.02%

Here is an example of me connected to wifi after inserting ethernet

Here I am connected to ethernet, but if I enable my Wireless Network Connection, it will switch to wifi even though my ethernet was already plugged in and connected ethernet

I assume my problem is that wifi is given a priority over ethernet. That's my assumption, but I would have no idea HOW to test that assumption, or if there even is any such thing as ethernet having priority over wifi/vice versa.

I would appreciate the help immensely. Thank you for your time in reading this!

A:When I Plug in Ethernet: It Stays Wifi

Mine WiFi NIC has an option to turn off its radio when Ethernet connection is established. Does yours have this on your driver options?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332988-when-i-plug-ethernet-stays-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm trying to connect my desktop, whose wifi mysteriously stopped working, back into my wireless network. Having finally given up on doing it wirelessly, I was about to cave and go buy a long ethernet cable to connect to the router directly when I had a thought. Is it possible to connect my desktop to my laptop via an ethernet cable and then just piggyback off of my laptop, whose wireless connection does work?

I tried just plugging an ethernet cable in to the two computers, but that didn't work (and, in fact, screwed with my laptop's wireless, but that's another, already solved problem). I have no idea what other information you might need, so just ask.

A:Connecting to a wifi network via ethernet

I think what you have to do is go to the network and sharing center in Control Panel, click Adapter settings. Then highlight both adapters and right click. Select Bridge connections. I'm not sure if that does it or not. It's been a while since I've done something similar, but its worth a shot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/102528-connecting-wifi-network-via-ethernet.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey y Ethernet & Question Laptops: WiFi all I m looking to buy a laptop soon and I am making a chart on Excel to compare the features of some of the computers I ve been looking at This brings me to my question What is the difference between Ethernet that is and one that is listed at And what is the difference between WiFi that says B G and one that says B Laptops: Ethernet & WiFi Question G N I see a couple laptops that I m Laptops: Ethernet & WiFi Question interested in but they re lacking the and the N parts But I really don t have any idea what this means I think N is the newer technology correct me if I m wrong but here is my school s WiFi network I think they are using the older B technology So would that mean that the N is nice to Laptops: Ethernet & WiFi Question have but not needed since the computer would run on B speed anyways http www yorku ca computng students internet airyork index html I m looking to attach this laptop to my wired router at home if I m using it there or to connect it to the WiFi network at my school nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello My PC running Windows XP has a wifi connection Wireless Network Connection in Control Panel to my wireless router and an ethernet connection Local Area Connection in Control Panel to an access point I am trying to use the access point and ethernet issues wifi Simultaneous to extend the range of my home wifi signal If I disable the ethernet connection then my PC can connect to the internet fine via the wifi signal Also if Simultaneous wifi and ethernet issues I then enable the ethernet connection and give my PC an automatically-allocated dynamic IP address on this connection Simultaneous wifi and ethernet issues the internet is again fine via the wifi signal However my access point manual requires me to assign a static IP address to my PC on the ethernet connection If I do this I now cannot connect to the internet via the wifi signal This suggests perhaps that my PC is now trying to use the ethernet connection to access the internet So my first question is how does my PC know whether to use the wifi connection or the ethernet connection to connect to the internet Furthermore both my wireless router and my access point have the same static IP address assigned to them by the manufacturers If both my wifi and ethernet connections are enabled and I try to connect to this IP address it always connects to the wireless router wifi - and never the access point ethernet So my second question is how can I connect to my access point if it has the same IP address as the wireless router Thanks Ed nbsp

A:Simultaneous wifi and ethernet issues

You will need to change either the access point or router.
I would suggest changing the access point if possible.
Having the same IP will cause conflicts.
Change the IP and make sure that DHCP is disabled.
You only want one of them assigning IP's to the network.
You may need to disconnect the router temporarily and connect
the access point directly to the computer until it is configured.
Then move everything back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/simultaneous-wifi-and-ethernet-issues.1033213/
Relevancy 49.02%

If I am client to outdoor Wifi hotspot profider, for the same power, what is better to use Ethernet or USB Wifi adapter?

The advatanges of usb adapter is easy installation without hard setup but USB cable can not be longer than 5 meter

On the othe side, with the Ethernet outdoor bridge/ you can have longer Etherne cable (20 meters or even 100 meter using special cables). However, it s harder to setup and you need to enter IPs, change the defaulted passwords so no other people access it and set the Wifi setting. It is also more expensive than Usb WiFi adapter.

I notice the people with Ethernet WiFi outdoor bridge has less problems than the USB one ( I don't know if the reason is the virus in their computer and other factors that effect the usb software)

Which outdoor device you think is the best connect to outdoor AP (my ISP uses outdoor Ethernet AP with big Antennas)?

A:outdoor Ethernet or USB Wifi Adapter

So no people have tried these devices

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outdoor-ethernet-or-usb-wifi-adapter.967837/
Relevancy 49.02%

I just moved and have been trying to get my PC connected to the internet at my new place. I have a Dlink AC750 dual band wireless router, and my computer has no problem connecting to it wirelessly. However I cannot figure out how to connect directly by ethernet. I have a cable running from the router to the back of the PC, but the icon in my tray just says 'No connections are available'. I have also tried connecting directly to the PC bypassing the router. Everyone I have spoken to, including tech support, has told me that you "plug it in and it just works". Am I missing some step in getting my PC to recognize the ethernet cable?

A:WiFi works, ethernet doesn't

Hello mate have you tried updating the LAN driver for that machine and even simpler a new cable??

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/395168-wifi-works-ethernet-doesnt.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi For about years I have had the ability at my work place to access the LAN from my desktop via an Ethernet connection and at the same time access the internet via Wifi to a router DSL connection I just switched to Fios which means a Wifi internet and LAN not ethernet now working together new router Now for some reason I cannot have both connections functioning at the same time When they are both running -I cannot access internet Wifi connects just fine strong signal etc but browser can t find any addresses If I unplug the Ethernet LAN cable the browser - internet access is fine -I cannot print to a LAN network printer though I can still access the server on the LAN and run programs that are located on the server If I disable the Wifi I can print to a network printer fine I really need to be able to do both again E g when I am away my desktop will need to be connected to the internet so I can connect to it via Logmein and access files programs on the server Here is a printout of quot ipconfig all quot from my desktop Windows IP Configuration Host Name DOCTOR Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - D- -C - - Dhcp Enabled No IP LAN ethernet and Wifi internet not working together now Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter Physical Address - E-E - C-C - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday August AM Lease Expires Friday August AM A few years back I wrote down some ipconfig info - this is when things were working well Windows IP Configuration Host Doctor Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection IP Address Subnet Mask Ethernet Adapter Wireless Network IP Address Subnet Thank you so much nbsp

A:LAN ethernet and Wifi internet not working together now

More information:
OS on my desktop: XP Home SP3
OS on computer connected to router that is Wifi source for my desktop (internet access) - XP Home SP3
OS on server (LAN, ethernet) - XP Pro SP3

ipconfig /all for computer connected to router (internet access)

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : AESCA

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : home
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : home

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-07-E9-73-57-FA

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.103

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, August 08, 2013 11:10:26 AM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Friday, August 09, 2013 11:10:26 AM

ipconfig /all for the server (connects to my desktop via Ethernet cable)

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : SERVER

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8102E/RTL8103E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-25-64-04-C8-34

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.101

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Thank you!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-ethernet-and-wifi-internet-not-working-together-now.195144/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello- I am trying to troubleshoot a network connectivity issue for my Mom amp Dad's laptop It is an HP -bit running Windows Up until this morning it was able ethernet-can wifi Can't see connect networks or with to connect to wi-fi My mother was on the internet with no problems They have my-fi with AT amp T and my dad's laptop and tablet connect fine We have tried restarting the HPtaking the battery out uninstalling the wi-fi network adapter restarting and letting it reinstallforgetting the networkmanually adding the network back Can't connect with wifi or ethernet-can see networks in and nothing worked So I took the laptop back to my house and connected it directly into my router via Ethernet cable but to my surprise it showed connected but no internet connection I ran the troubleshooter and it Can't connect with wifi or ethernet-can see networks said that quot Ethernet quot doesn't have a valid IP config I restarted the laptop with the ethernet plugged in but it came back up with limited connectivity and the same error message I tried connecting to my wifi at my house and again it sees the various networks but will not connect I get a message when I hit the connect button that it is Checking network requirements but then after about - seconds it says Can't connect to this network All of the other laptops pc's tablets and phones are connecting just fine I used to work on a help desk about years ago but the only Windows experience I have is with their laptop so I am a complete idiot when comes to Windows and I'm very rusty when it comes to everything else so please be gentle I have gone thru the forums looking for the same issue and have found several similar either without a solution or the solution has not worked for me If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it Thanks- Sandi

A:Can't connect with wifi or ethernet-can see networks

-are all of the drivers for the adapter up to date?
-have you tried doing a full master reset on the router?

If your fathers internet is fine but the mothers is not it has to be with the adapter somehow. I have had adapters in the past that randomly start to quirk up and then randomly start working fine before it can be strange I know. How old is this adapter anyway? Most adapters ( with heavy use of course ) only lasts around six months to a year, with moderate use they generally do good for about up to about five years.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/49356-cant-connect-wifi-ethernet-can-see-networks.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi guys I cant connect with my Wifi but with the ethernet cable it works fine Here s my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users ACER gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ACER-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No connection but works, wifi Ethernet not WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media Ethernet connection works, but not wifi disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address Ethernet connection works, but not wifi - -C -E -D -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - D- C-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe edc d b ccb Ethernet connection works, but not wifi eaa Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -F - - B- - -C -E -D -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -C -E -D -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CC D- CF- - EB- B A C C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F DDE A - FB - A-B B -DC FB E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab af cc d c e c Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe af cc d c e c Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E - D - F -AB - B D FE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users ACER gt netsh winsock reset catalog Sucessfully reset the Winsock Catalog You must restart the computer in order to complete the reset C Users ACER gt netsh int ipv reset reset log Reseting Global OK Reseting Interface OK Restart the computer to complete this action C Users ACER gt netsh in ipv reset reset log Reseting Interface OK Restart the computer to complete this action C Users ACER gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ACER-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C -E -D -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - D- C-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe edc d b ccb eaa Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -F - - B- - -C -E -D -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Conn... Read more

A:Ethernet connection works, but not wifi

what happens when you connect to a wireless signal ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-connection-works-but-not-wifi.1130907/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello.

I am having an annoying problem with my laptop. It is Lenovo Y580 and every time I restart my computer, ethernet and wifi adapter both stop working. In device manager there's a code 10 reported. To get it working again I have to uninstall both and scan for hardware changes so that it installs it again. What could be the issue?

Thanks

A:Ethernet and Wifi not working after restart

Sounds like you may have an issue with their drivers. I'd go straight to the manufacturers of the network devices and get their latest drivers.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68612-ethernet-wifi-not-working-after-restart.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Most days i power on my pc and both ethernet and wifi have that not responding yellow triangle beside them If see this then usually it wont work for time? Ethernet WiFi most and don't the of work the rest of the day and may or may not work the next day There have been times when neither ethernet or wifi would work for a full week and im stuck using my phone hotspot When i use troubleshoot its says quot One or more Ethernet and WiFi don't work most of the time? network protocols are missing on this computer quot this is on windows When i was previously on windows the error would be quot Your computer appears to be correctly configured Ethernet and WiFi don't work most of the time? but the device or resource microsoft com is not responding quot The WiFi works on everything else in my house so I guess it's a problem with my PC It has been like this for quite a while now and i have no idea how to fix it so any help would be appreciated Thank you

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/74970-ethernet-wifi-dont-work-most-time.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have been using my ASUS X53E laptop on the WiFi at my university for the past 4 months with no problems connecting to the internet. A few days ago, my internet suddenly started going in and out. It will work alright for about an hour, and then it will stop working completely, even though it says my WiFi connection is still "excellent". However, when I plugged in an ethernet cable, it has been working perfectly with no problems.
No one else around me has been having problems with the WiFi - it's just me. Any ideas?

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I run an Ethernet cable to my modem for my Windows PC But unfortunately I have a lot of drop outs where the internet just stops something I am taking up with my provider and I have a pocket wifi to use as a back up My PC can find the wifi and connect but the only way I can get it to connect is by pulling out the blue Ethernet cable from the actual pc When I say connect I mean it is quot connected quot already to I from instantly?? How switch Ethernet can WIFI but not in use the small box appears for the ethernet cable rather than the wifi icon I would like to know if there is a How can I switch to WIFI from Ethernet instantly?? way to either run the wifi simultaneously with the Ethernet cable plugged in or if there is a way to quot turn off quot the Ethernet connection from my pc when it goes down so that I dont have to keep unplugging it I am not very technically minded and am worried if I go into advanced network settings etc that I might not be able to get the Ethernet working again once it is plugged in and back up and running Any advice would be appreciated thanks

A:How can I switch to WIFI from Ethernet instantly??

You can have both plugged in and still work. Each NIC is assigned a metric and the NIC with the lowest metric will be used. If in your are the wired NIC is still seen as available but in fact it's having problems the computer will still try and use it unless you unplug the cable. If your computer supports a feature called LAN/WLAN switching that may work in your case that may work or may suffer from the same problem in which the wired NIC is still detected as connected and it won't switch. If you are only having an issue with the wired connection why not just stay on wireless?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/69129-how-can-i-switch-wifi-ethernet-instantly.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all I've got two computers in my room a Toshiba laptop and a desktop computer both running W I built via wifi ethernet internet Sharing a few months ago The laptop gets great wifi reception bars while the desktop struggles to get one bar I want to connect the laptop to the PC via ethernet and use the laptop's internet connection I'm having troubles doing this Here's Sharing wifi internet via ethernet what I've done thus far Disabled the desktop's wifi Enabled quot Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection quot on the laptop's ethernet card Plugged in the cable This is where I hit the brick wall On both computers it comes up as quot unidentified network quot I try creating a homegroup on the desktop but I encounter an error quot Windows could not set the network settings quot and quot You can try to change this setting later in the Network and Sharing Center quot I look in the Network and Sharing Center and it says quot Homegroup Joined quot as if no error occurred at all So I try to join the homegroup on the laptop It says quot Larry from LARRY-PC has created a homegroup quot so it recognises it but then it says quot Windows could not setup a homegroup on this computer quot when I try to put in the password I start the HomeGroup Troubleshooter and it troubleshoots network problems After that it says quot Local Area Connection quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration Fixed quot So then I try joining it again and get the same issue I go through the HomeGroup Troubleshooter again and I click quot the problem is not fixed quot and get a list of problems I don't have What can I do Sorry for the long thread tried to be as specific as possible Thanks in advance Larry

A:Sharing wifi internet via ethernet

Quote:
Enabled "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" on the laptop's ethernet card.

No, it is the Laptop's wireless connection that you're sharing (the Laptop's actual connection to the internet). When you do this, Windows will give the Laptop's Local Area Connection the IP address 192.168.0.1 and the "Client" PC gets its IP address automatically by DHCP from the Laptop.

Because "Internet Connection Sharing" uses the 192.168.0.0 Subnet (the Host PC has the address 192.168.0.1 and allocates addresses to Client computers in the range 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.254), your router needs to be operating in a different Subnet to avoid an IP addressing conflict. If the third 'octet' (number) of your router's own IP address is "0", change it to 1 or 2 etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/48278-sharing-wifi-internet-via-ethernet.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hoping someone can help me connect to my new wifi A few days ago I just had comcast cable internet home phone installed all run through a modem router combo I ll try to post some more specific details below So TV and phone are working great And actually even the works, Ethernet but connection not wifi internet is working great I just can t connect MY laptop to the internet I can connect my iPhone and Kindle Fire w o difficulty And if I plug into the ethernet cable I can get the laptop to go the internet But when I connect to my wifi connection I end up with only a local connection On a side note the first time I tried to connect to the signal my computer asked me to set up a profile for it WLAN profile I think And I did stupidly I vaguely remember having a problem with that in the past but I had tech support at my college that fixed it I have restarted both the modem router and my computer multiple times I have tried to repair the connection with Windows I have tried tech support with comcast but they keep referring me to the computer manufacturer There is an unsecured signal nearby I CAN connect to tried out of curiosity to make sure it WASN T the laptop but I don t want to pirate so instead I stay tethered to my ft ethernet cable I have searched google and reddit to no avail I do not claim to be tech savvy but I can follow directions Ethernet connection works, but not wifi pretty well just be Ethernet connection works, but not wifi specific step-by-step Last night out of desperation I tried the Geek Squad online chat to help but I can t stomach for what I m sure is a simple problem So on to details Router modem combo--SMC network Model number SMCD GNV Encryption TKIP AES Laptop--Sony VAIO ish running Windows Vista Can anyone help nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Greetings, for some reason, I have not been able to connect to modem, with hi speed internet, just wifi,can someone please help me with this. I have connected Samsung support  several times, they had said it was a driver, and after many attempts were able to update the driver, toredo tunneling , system worked for a short time, then reverted to wifi. Thanks to anyone who can help.
 Samsung NP300 Laptop
 4 gig mem, intel premium processor, Windows Home Premium version with SP1, 64 bit program

Thanks,
   Jim

A:Please help, can not connect to modem with ethernet , just wifi

What's your Ethernet setup? Modem to router to PC?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553133/please-help-can-not-connect-to-modem-with-ethernet-just-wifi/
Relevancy 49.02%

Once I installed windows 10 as I received update thenafter both ethernet and wifi did not work. Therefore, I downgraded my system to the inbuilt 8.1 and now the wifi is unable to connect while its been detected by the system. My MODEM's wifi is perfectly working on my cell. Kindly guide me to solve the issue at the earliest.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-is-not-working-but-ethernet-works/td-p/5715870
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I have a program called Connectify Dispatch that enable multiple internet connections load balancing, which speed up downloads mostly and sometimes web browsing, my problem that is whenever I use an USB modem Ethernet and WiFi internet stops, this happened since windows 8 but windows 7 works just fine.
This drives me nuts since my internet access is mostly via 3G USB modems but the fastest connection is through a router.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/46805-usb-modem-disables-ethernet-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an HP Envy laptop running Windows with an i Gig of RAM and an Ethernet) Out Dropping Laptop WiFi (and Keeps Intel wireless receiver My WiFi connection will be fine for about - minutes and then will suddenly drop out The laptop doesn t disconnect from Laptop WiFi (and Ethernet) Keeps Dropping Out the network but I lose all access to the internet Other devices are fine so I m pretty sure it isn t the router or the incoming connection to it the status lights don t change either I ve got a very good signal so Laptop WiFi (and Ethernet) Keeps Dropping Out it isn t that When the connection goes disabling then re-enabling WiFi often fixes it but not always Even more confusingly the Ethernet does the same thing which makes me think it isn t a fault with the WiFi card after all I ve tried changing the power settings in the device properties of the receiver - i e unchecking allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot This seemed to work for a while but the problem has reappeared and the boxes are still unchecked Also tried reinstalling the WiFi card and its drivers no dice I m at my wit s end Anything which requires a steady signal - e g Skype or online gaming - is obviously impossible which is very annoying Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing the problem and how it might be fixed nbsp

A:Laptop WiFi (and Ethernet) Keeps Dropping Out

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wifi-and-ethernet-keeps-dropping-out.1152363/
Relevancy 49.02%

Is there somewhere in Windows XP, 7, and 8 to have it use the ethernet cable only when plugged in even with WiFi enabled or connected?

A:Prefer ethernet cable over WiFi?

When my Ethernet cable is plugged into the modem, it automatically supercedes wireless connection.

I.E. - When using PS3, I plug in cable and that is the one that is recognized - if I unplug it, wireless takes over.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/339871-prefer-ethernet-cable-over-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi guys,
I have an issue I would like to resolve. I will try to be as clear and precised as possible.
I'm only allowed to one device to an internet. My laptop connects directly to internet WiFi. So the laptop (Windows 10) serves as a hotspot. But I have two other devices I want to connect. A PC (Windows 7) via Ethernet and a smartphone via WiFi.
Right now, I can either share the WiFi in laptop to the PC by bridging, or to smartphone via hospot, but NOT both at the same time. I want to connect both like this;

What should I do?

Thanks

A:I need to connect both Ethernet and WiFi to a Hotspot.

Originally Posted by wtenten

Hi guys,
I have an issue I would like to resolve. I will try to be as clear and precised as possible.
I'm only allowed to one device to an internet. My laptop connects directly to internet WiFi. So the laptop (Windows 10) serves as a hotspot. But I have two other devices I want to connect. A PC (Windows 7) via Ethernet and a smartphone via WiFi.
Right now, I can either share the WiFi in laptop to the PC by bridging, or to smartphone via hospot, but NOT both at the same time. I want to connect both like this;

What should I do?

Thanks

Your wifi is solved but for the ethernet part, you would need a wifi to ethernet adapter like this one.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47609-i-need-connect-both-ethernet-wifi-hotspot.html
Relevancy 49.02%

How do you know which one is it gonna choose when you're connected with both wired and wireless? Is there some type of "test" it does to take the better connection? Or does it like pick randomly? Alternate?

A:When connected both ethernet and WiFi, which does it choose?

If you are using the same ISP to connect to the Ethernet and WiFi then you should choose one of them only. Ethernet would be my first choice if the Router is nearby and the computer is not connected by a very long wired cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221481-when-connected-both-ethernet-wifi-does-choose.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently made some driver upgrades and since then my wifi and ethernet connections are dead.Tried removing and reintsalling drivers, sevral restarts, rolling back to old drivers... nothing worked.When running the HP support assistant network diagnostics it gives me the following error:(109) IP NOT BOUND - on both adapers. Please help!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Problem-connecting-to-WiFi-and-Ethernet/td-p/5708469
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all. I have a wired Ethernet network between 3 computers so as to enable people to live browse a shared folder of photo's on a host computer via 2 terminals. The problem is that when I connect my cameras to the host computer via wifi the wired network goes completely stale which defeats the whole point of the setup.

This leaves me wondering is it even possible to have an active LAN & Wireless LAN at the same time as they are kind of almost the same thing?.?.?.? If its possible I'll pursue it but obviously if anybody here says it cant be done I'll have to rethink the setup.
FYI- I've checked it out already and the cameras I have cant be connected via a wireless router.

A:simultaneous ethernet and wifi connections.....

What is the IP addressing you are using on both the wired and wireless networks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/simultaneous-ethernet-and-wifi-connections.1166591/
Relevancy 49.02%

My Compaq has very slow wifi speeds, usually about 10 Mbps.When plugged in with ethernet, it is up to 50 Mbps.I have other laptops on the same wifi network, when on Wifi, that are getting up to 50 Mbps.So it is very hard to troubleshoot. I've done many of the troubleshooting steps offered in these forums, but no luck. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

A:Slow wifi compared to ethernet

Hi, Did you know normally WiFi is slower (if not always) than cable connection ? Other laptops may get faster wireless cards. That is the limit of physical hardware . Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Slow-wifi-compared-to-ethernet/td-p/5787287
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi everyone.

I came accross a major issue where after my computer updated last night, I now cannot use the WIFI, the USB ports not the Ethernet port on my laptop.

I am trying to unistall all the updates now but I fear it won't work..

Any suggestions, please let me know.

I'll keep you updated.

thanks

A:no WIFI, Ethernet, USB after last night's updates

I have managed to unistall all updates appart from all Microsoft .NET framework ones and still nothing.

Anyone had an idea?

thanks for your help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/191516-no-wifi-ethernet-usb-after-last-nights-updates.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi! I have a problem. I have wifi connection on my laptop but it doesn`t work now. I need to plug ethernet cable in my laptop in order to have an internet. And wifi lost all known networks. Can you help me?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/wifi-doesnt-work-ethernet-does-4597111/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I have a 256Kbps ADSL connection, my router is SMC.
whenever i do a connection speed test at ( http://us.mcafee.com/root/speedometer/default.asp ) i get 150KB downloaded in 9-10 secs in my PC ( connected via ethernet ), and 2.9MB downloaded in 18-19 secs in my Nokia n95 ( via WiFi ), so the question is how is that possible ? i repeated the test many times and always the same result....

Thanx in advance......

A:Why my cell WiFi is faster than my PC Ethernet?

u must be using a browser like opera mini on your mobile phone wihch connects through a proxy server, so the speedtest displays the download speed of THAT server and not your internet connection

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-my-cell-wifi-is-faster-than-my-pc-ethernet.147755/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a laptop 2000 XP with built in wifi. Magic Jack phone is better with Ethernet plug in.How do I get laptop to recognize Ethernet when wifi is turned off?

A:Install ethernet with esisting wifi

So which do you have, 2000 or XP? Although simillar, they are two different operating systems.If WIFI is turned off, then you will need to use a cable connected to the RJ-45 jack on your laptop and plug the other end into your router or modem..

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/install-ethernet-with-esisting-wifi/65758.html
Relevancy 49.02%

What the title says. I bought a TP-Link WDR4300 and installed it, and everything works perfectly on every device except for my laptop (Windows 8.1 Lenovo G480, running Windows Defender as AV). When connecting wirelessly, I get access to the router, but it shows "limited", and it doesn't even let me get into the setup page (192.168.0.1) and when I ping it, every packet is lost. Ethernet, meanwhile, works perfectly. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix it.

I'd like to attach the ipconfig outputs but my command prompt is in spanish and some of the characters are missing in the .txt file, too. I don't know how to get the file in english.

@jobeard I saw one thread you solved in which you said to mention you so you could help. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks beforehand for any and all suggestions.

A:WiFi doesn't work, Ethernet does

Hi, You will always have to use the ethernet (Cat 5) cable to get into your router's software, at 192.168.0.1, all routers are set up like that for security reasons.
It's done that way so that no one can change your settings, passwords etc using a wireless connection, you must use the Cat 5 cable to make setup & security changes.
Did you get any setup software with the TP Link router?
If you get good internet access using Windows 8.1 using the ethernet cable, it
might point to possible wireless driver issues.
It might be worth downloading the latest driver for your WDR4300 from the TP-link website;
http://www.tp-link.es/support/download/?model=TL-WDR4300&version=V1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-ethernet-does.205530/
Relevancy 49.02%

Basically what happened before: After updating to Windows 10, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then says "Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged". I ran diagnostics and it said to plug in the ethernet cable to the network adaptor. So my wifi connection will not work with my laptop unless directly connected to by the ethernet cable. Wifi works fine with phones, ipods/ipads, and another laptop that was also updated to windows 10/a desktop still using windows 8.

A:Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

If you can't connect with Wi-Fi plugging in an Ethernet cable is bypassing the wireless entirely. Have you checked Control Panel, Device Manager [or right-click the Start button and choose Device Manager], see if maybe you need to download then install drivers for your Wireless Network adapter? Check the Network work section, are there any yellow symbols there? Is the Wireless adapter listed? If so maybe it needs to have the drivers updated, right-click and make the choice while still connected. The downside to Upgrading to Win10 is the "it worked in Win7 w/SP1 or Win8.1" doesn't guarantee it works in Win10 without updating drivers that Microsoft may not yet have available, they usually come from the manufacturer of devices.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/18262-wifi-not-connecting-without-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Okay, so I'm new to the forums.

When I connect to ethernet and use wifi simultaneously the wifi turns off and says No Internet Access. I am using a Dell Inspiron 1545.

Thanks.

A:Wifi No Internet Access When Using Ethernet

Quote: Originally Posted by Syrexide

Okay, so I'm new to the forums.

When I connect to ethernet and use wifi simultaneously the wifi turns off and says No Internet Access. I am using a Dell Inspiron 1545.

Thanks.

The wireless dropping out may be a completely different problem but there is a Group Policy setting to enable both connections at start up.

Windows doesn't typically use both connections at once and it defaults to the faster connection if both are enabled which is usually Ethernet connection, but if you want the wireless to connect automatically at boot up and stay connected with the Ethernet connection there is setting you need to disable in Group Policy.

Go to start/run type in gpedit.msc. Navigate to the following location

Administrative templates/Network/Windows Connection Manager . The setting Minimize the number of simultaneous connections to the internet.

For more than one connection to stay connected reliably this setting needs to be disabled.

I've been using this Policy to test wireless signals with my Ethernet connected and it does work so that both connections are enabled at start up and they both stay up.

I had to connect the wireless manually on start up most of the time before I changed this setting.

If the wireless issue persists, then please to install InSSIDer from the link and post the results here so I can take a look at the wireless landscape in your area.

inSSIDer for Home ? Discover The Wi-Fi Around You | MetaGeek

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/314257-wifi-no-internet-access-when-using-ethernet.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I consider myself generally pretty knowledgeable about computers in general but these issues have me stumped.

The first problem with my laptop (HP Pavilion DV6, Windows 7) Is that the physical wireless adapter button is broken. In the off position. My first question is, is there any way to turn it back on without the button?

My second problem is that, because I have no wireless internet, I attempted to use an internet cable to plug into the wall internet at home and at school. Guess what, total failure. It says it is connected locally, but no internet connection. I tested the cable on other comps, it is good. The wall internet works fine on other computers. Obviously the wireless internet isn't interfering because its stuck on disabled. What whats the problem??

A:Issue with Ethernet connection and WiFi

This might work to turn on the wireless.

Open Network and Sharing Center
In the left pane click Manage Network Connections.
Right Click your Wireless Connection to pull up the Options box.
Should show "Enable" at the top. Click.
What does an IPCONFIG /ALL show for the wired connection?

From a JohnWill post.
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-ethernet-connection-and-wifi.1053670/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have spent the last days trying to get my WiFi to connect Connection Ethernet not through Internet but WiFi to the Internet and am ready to throw the computer and all its additional equipment out of the window Amongst a collection of other laptops and a desktop running different systems - Windows XP Vista Windows and Windows - I have an old Acer Aspire running Windows XP Pro SP I use it mainly for midi file work and as a host for Visual Studio which I keep for maintenance of some programs written many years ago but still in use by some of my friends and for which I require frequent searches on the Internet Just recently for no apparent reason the WiFi on this laptop suddenly stopped working I have been using an Edimax EW- Usg wireless adapter Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi which has never given any trouble in the past to connect with my home network through a router modem supplied by my ISP Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi Since every other computer iPhone iPad and Kindle connects to the same network and works perfectly I have to assume that there is no problem with that router Also the problem laptop connects perfectly via the ethernet cable It just won t work on WiFi alone I have checked my wireless connections setup including TCP IP and can find no problem devices in Device manager I have searched for solutions on the internet and tried everything I can find - I have scanned my hard disk with Panda Antivirus have downloaded and run MalwareBytes I have tried changing the router channel I have tried setting the ipconfig values Nothing makes any difference When I attach the wireless adapter there is usually a message telling me the connection has quot limited or no internet access quot At this point ipconfig all shows the default values for the configuration If I try repairing the connection I am told that the process cannot continue for one reason or another though on occasion it connects when I close the message box However the adapter still shows quot acquiring IP Address quot and hangs there Here ipconfig all shows the correct configuration In both situations the only ipaddress I can ping is the host PC - the problem one Every other IP whether in numerical form such as Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi the router or alphabetical form such as google com returns either a quot timeout quot or a quot cannot find quot message and of course I cannot connect to the internet I have tried clearing the ipconfig I ve forgotten the command and followed it with ipconfig renew but that won t work I have repaired winsock using Microsoft s instructions and I have become quot war-weary quot trying to make sense of the whole thing I am trying not to have to re-install Windows XP and the associated updating of all programs so as a last resort I tried probably unsuccessfully to uninstall Edimax In the end after using Add and Remove to clear as much as possible I just deleted the complete folder from Program Files Then I installed the software for an old Belkin Wireless USB Adapter which I had lying around and tried it The outcome was exactly the same The Belkin software has one advantage however - it allows the user to opt to control the adapter through Windows though I still could not make it work I just don t know enough to solve this one Any ideas anyone BarrieC St ckM n nbsp

A:Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi

Have you tried using another adapter? Or tried using the adapter on another computer? Just to rule out if the adapter is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-through-ethernet-but-not-wifi.196216/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a desktop computer with windows xp and two laptops an asus and an hp with windows I can Can Only ethernet. files not Help on share Wifi. view and share the folders I set up on each pc fine if wifi is turned on The problem is on the hp laptop if I turn wifi off on the asus It sees the pc name but when I click it my shared folders do not show up and I recieve an error message If I use the same settings on wifi is turned off and I connect through Can not share files on ethernet. Only Wifi. Help asus can see the hp files Not really sure if this is a bug on the hp or what but any suggestions would Can not share files on ethernet. Only Wifi. Help be appreciated Also I have passwords sharing set to off but if I restart the computers I and connect to one of the computers it asks for a username and password I just type whatever and it connects All I want to do is figure out why when wifi is off and just using ethernet I lose my sharing from on of the latpops to the other Thanks

A:Can not share files on ethernet. Only Wifi. Help

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Prioritizing the LAN over the WLAN's IPv4 metric value might be of helped, it's not going to break any settings if you give this a try or it won't hurt. You may change the automatic metric value. Here's a quick tutorial, try doing this from the HP laptop.
If it didn't help, please post back and we'll try a different tactic.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/57129-can-not-share-files-ethernet-only-wifi-help.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi guys I'm lost My laptop win is currently connected on wifi through my router to the internet All working However I cant ping see connect to my nas or any other device inside my LAN Using other devices iphone imac nas they can all see eachother while using the same wifi My do addresses LAN over over wifi but ethernet can it ping Cannot IP conclusion is that something is different from my laptop ethernet setup than it's wifi setup A few more notes - I'm using VM player to host a virtual machine I wonder if that may have created some weird VPN between my host and guest OS that stops me from seeing the real LAN But I dont know how to disable it I dont have the VM running while I'm having this problem - When I go to windows explorer and click on network it shows the NAME of my lan in the computer section When I doubleclick on it it says that quot Windows cannot access NASNAME quot - computer is part of workgroup but not home Cannot ping LAN IP addresses over wifi but can do it over ethernet group I'm trying to PING here as step one so Cannot ping LAN IP addresses over wifi but can do it over ethernet I shouldnt need Cannot ping LAN IP addresses over wifi but can do it over ethernet this - i tried with disabling firewall without success I tried a few of the netcfg -d and a few netsh things to reset some stuff but nothing seems to work Another few things that I see nbtstat -n shows my laptop twice with different numbers between lt gt and workgroup is shown times with different numbers then there's some smily faces with MSBROWSE Again I'm not sure that I even need netbios to get the ping to work In short Where do I start troubleshooting if I can ping Google successfully but I cant ping any other device except router in my LAN

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53063-cannot-ping-lan-ip-addresses-over-wifi-but-can-do-over-ethernet.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I can connect to my home network via ethernet or wifi. Is there any benefit to using both connections at the same time?

Relevancy 49.02%

My problem started the day of the big cyber attack on the internet. Coincidence?

I am having the same problem as this poster

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629989/cant-connect-to-the-internet-via-wifi-but-can-with-cable/

I've tried everything mentioned in that thread to no avail.

I have Windows 7 - 64 bit.
Vaio vgn-z610y which is 7 yr old.

Went to Device manager.. First deleted, then I updated the  driver for Intel Wifi 5100 AGN.. Then I went to the Sony site and found another driver update.

I don't see a place in Bios.to enable wireless.

The Windows Mobility utility didn't fix the problem.

I don't know what else to try..The Netgear WNR1000 v4 router is new and wifi works on my tablet..

I've removed the battery from the laptop.

I don't have a restore point so maybe I have a virus? I've run Malwarebytes, , Awdcleaner, Avast, Tdsskiller,

Please HELP!

Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630521/cant-connect-to-wifi-but-can-use-ethernet-cable/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello please help me i have a problem with my Laptop that can't connect ethernet, can LAN, (wireless), USB Can't WIFI connect to my home wifi Another notebook can connect no problem handphone and ipod no problem only this laptop I've just bought the laptop day after that i dont know why become limited and then after i try many way from google become cannot connect to my wifi now already week I CAN CONNECT to my wifi if i bring the modem wifi really near with my laptop and sometimes limited Can't connect WIFI (wireless), ethernet, LAN, USB can sometimes 'connected' but really super slow connection internet i tried from my phone the internet connection good I have wifi in my home the Modem wifi and via USB connect to the ROuter TP-LINK I have tried the third wifi from another person which Can't connect WIFI (wireless), ethernet, LAN, USB can is same type with my modem wifi but still can connect I wonder why I have installed the latest drive in hp website tried changed previous driver re installed times whatever way i can find in google this is the last resort maybe These are the descriptions product HP -r tx windows pro WMC bit driver Ralink RT bgn Wi-Fi Adapter provider mediatek version driver date hardware ids PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS EC C amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS EC C PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC when I connected to ITEZA with superslow connection i tried the troubleshoot problems sometimes it says my connection of router is broken sometimes DNS sometimes nothing particular when Can't connect WIFI (wireless), ethernet, LAN, USB can i tried repairing the computer via quot F - gt boot CD- gt klik repair - gt troubleshoot- gt check conflict there is conflic which is quot net x sys quot if I am not mistaken and that is my driver so i unistall and change the drivers and still no solution Please can anyone help me I'd really appreciate it

A:Can't connect WIFI (wireless), ethernet, LAN, USB can

If this is a new, 1 week old laptop, I would contact tech support for help. You may have a defective wifi adapter. If it is defective, it should be covered under warranty.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62349-cant-connect-wifi-wireless-ethernet-lan-usb-can.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Under Network & Sharing Center>Change adapter settings WiFi says Thats-What-She-Said! and Ethernet says the old WiFi name. Here in a minute when my dad sends me the picture Ill post it.

-Trenton

EDIT:
It's a windows 8 $14.99 upgrad
Gateway NE56R10U laptop

A:When I change the WiFi, the Ethernet stays the same name

Here is a picture of it in action:
And to be clear, there are both on the same gateway/router

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/21316-when-i-change-wifi-ethernet-stays-same-name.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Recently got a little laptop with swivel screen quot display x has GB RAM GB SSD Atom N cpu GMA graphics Came without OS installed Installed Win first but then realized that Win Installed Ethernet 7 Audio No - or or WiFi Now it was problem due to resolution not meeting the minimum requirements of x and there was no audio otherwise worked OK So just installed Win install went OK overall but now I have problems Ethernet - Driver Missing WiFi - Not recognized as being present at all Audio - Have now sound at all although there are items shown Installed Win 7 - Now No Ethernet or WiFi or Audio for audio both listed as High Definition Audio Device with drivers by Microsoft have checked sound level adjustment In System Information window I see the following under Hardware Resources gt Components gt Storage gt Problem Devices Device PNP Device ID Ethernet Controller PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS EC amp REV amp EC amp E Network Controller PCI VEN amp DEV F amp SUBSYS C amp Installed Win 7 - Now No Ethernet or WiFi or Audio REV amp B amp amp E PS Compatible Mouse ACPI PNP F amp E E F amp And Error Code for both Ethernet and Network Controller say 'The drivers for this device are not installed Error Code for the PS Mouse says 'This device is not present is not working properly or does not have all its drivers Any suggestions as to how to get problems solved Seems like if I can at least get either ethernet or wifi working then I can get online to search for drivers etc Installed Win 7 - Now No Ethernet or WiFi or Audio Or is there way to get more info on what specific ethernet or wifi adapters are installed physically so that I can research drivers on other computer download drivers to flash drive and install them that way or Appreciate any and all input Thanks Mark

A:Installed Win 7 - Now No Ethernet or WiFi or Audio

Have you installed the proper chipset driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/291141-installed-win-7-now-no-ethernet-wifi-audio.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have had some issues where my Ethernet would not be the default connection when both WiFi and Ethernet are connected. After searching the forums I managed to get through the network adapter priority settings and setting the metric values for the adapters.

All of my internet traffic uses the Ethernet no problem now. I can leave an hour long HD Youtube video up and monitor it in task manager to see which adapter it uses. If I go to copy a file from a networked location I will see a spike in the wireless connections...

This is a company laptop and the wifi network is brought down through AD, if that helps. I should be able to make any changes needed to help resolve the issue. Any ideas?

A:Internal files uses wifi, everything else uses ethernet

Welcome to Seven Forums,

I don't know if you still need assistance, your post must have been overlooked due to the Holidays.

Is this issue occurring in your home or work network?

Quote:
This is a company laptop and the wifi network is brought down through AD, if that helps

If the files are being shared and transfer using a wireless connection, it can be an issue if the Wi-Fi adapters don't have the A/N technology, this goes as well with the your router's specs and the file servers. File Servers with RAID configured are very helpful. Using wired connection is always the best route to do file transfers.

Which/What network location are you referring to?

Quote:
I go to copy a file from a networked location I will see a spike in the wireless connections...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/316266-internal-files-uses-wifi-everything-else-uses-ethernet.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I keep having a problem with my internet connection When I connect my pc to the wifi im only online for short periods of time Troubleshooting the problems doesnt give anything and deactivating and activating isnt helping either Im pretty sure its only my own router I cant connect to though I have no problem connecting through a ethernet cable Some intell Windows IP Configuration Host Name MSI Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter LAN-forbindelse Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Virtuelt kort til Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Physical Address C-D - - -F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth-netv rksforbindelse Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth-enhed Personal Area Network Physical Address C-D - - -F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address C-D - - -F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d b d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday April PM Lease Expires Saturday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - -A - C- -A - - - C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Internet with wifi connection but with not ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi NDIS Physical Address C- -A - - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi

What is your operating system and what do you mean by short periods of time, like a minute and then it drops? Also, what kind of router do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-with-ethernet-but-not-with-wifi.201815/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am connected to my office computers through LAN cable which does not have any internet access and is used only for the purpose of sharing folders and using accounting software from the local server in my office directly connected to all computers through
LAN.
Now i want to use the public WiFi available in my office for internet access. But when i connect to it, the internet does not work.
I have to disable the LAN to use internet which makes me disconnected from my office computers.

Please give me advice to use both networking from LAN and internet from WIFI at the same time.

I am using windows 7 professional 64bit.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a6b8e215-8000-440a-a991-dce0a6e855d5/networking-through-ethernet-and-internet-through-wifi?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.02%

How do I replace the windows 7 network drivers, including ethernet and wifi?  I am told that the problem may have been a windows update that damaged the drivers, but am not sure.

A:i recently lost my wifi and ethernet

The driver for the windows 7 OS for this model is not available and only driver available is for Microsoft Windows Vista. Here is the link for the windows Vista OS driver's : http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv6000-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/... If you could share the Hardware ID which you can in device manager under network controller/ other devices( if the driver is not installed ), i can try to get the driver. RegardsSATISHP4 Click " Thumb's up " icon if the question is answered/resolved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/i-recently-lost-my-wifi-and-ethernet/td-p/5695249