Windows Support Forum

Learning a Programming Language.. Where to start?

Q: Learning a Programming Language.. Where to start?

I'm looking to dive into the art of programming but have absolutely no idea where to start. I have been told that C++ is an option but perhaps its a little too advanced for a begginner? My main purpose for learning a programming language is to caclulate scientiffic formulas etc. and maybe even graphing them at some point: whether that be an output file for Excel or an actual drawn image. Can anyone recommend a language, books, and/or where I can get a hold of some cheap software to get me started?

Thanks for your input!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Learning a Programming Language.. Where to start?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Learning a Programming Language.. Where to start?

Take a course at your local college.
Relevancy 82.56%

I am new to the computer start programming What with language should i programming field in fact I don t know a single thing about all the different languages I love web design and a webmaster if you will but I want to start programming computers instead of just websites now I m a th grade homeschooler and I have a good amount of free time which I spend just lazying around I would like to go into the field of video game programming but i know I have to learn plenty of other stuff as a base first I found a wonderful book that will start me off in game programming but I first need to learn the basics of application programming I would like to learn C C and C but I m not sure What programming language should i start with if I should start out with that because my brother a computer science major said those would be good to start out with but I also need to learn other languages Could anyone please recommend a few languages that would be good for me to start out on a few more for an Intermediate level and some books that could help me learn them Thank you

A:What programming language should i start with

If you go to the Programming forum, you will find several discussion threads from people asking the very same question. The most complete discussion is found here:, after reading the comments there, you have further questions, then simply append them as a reply to THAT thread.Regards,John
Relevancy 75.25%

I've been interested in learning programming for a while but have not been able to find anywhere to stat learning it. Has anyone got any suggestions about which is the best way to learn programming. I am most interested in learning any of the "C" programming languange.

Relevancy 75.25%

i started to learn programming in 1997 and after 2 years i stopped. so the last time i have done any coding is in 1999. i remember that it was difficult. i couldn't grasp the maths. i mainly coded in C and C++ and only a very small amount in Visual Basic. i have been wanting to get back into programming but i don't know which language to choose. apart from those the only others i know of are JavaScript, Pearl and QBasic. ultimately i want to know all programming languages.
what i am getting at is which language should i start with? which one is the simplest that can teach me the fundamentals and basics?

Relevancy 73.53%

Learning FC++: The C++ functional programming library

Summary: C++ is usually synonymous with object-oriented programming (OOP), and further replenished in no small measure by popular technical literature. This article tries something different—functional programming with C++ using the open source FC++ library from Yannis Smaragdakis and Brian McNamara. Learn how you can use FC++ to implement basic functional programming.Click to expand...

Never heard of functional programming before? Brush up here: Functional programming.

-- Tom
Relevancy 69.23%

I'm learning C# with Visual Web Developer and am looking at some very simple examples to build up my own level of knowledge and confidence.

Here is a simple in line piece of code I'm playing with prior to going to code behind style. (taken off the web)

<h2>The date and time is <% DateTime.Now.ToString("dd/MM/yyyy");%>.</h2>

The page does have the requisite heading...

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

Any thoughts from the C sharpies out there?

Relevancy 67.51%

I am considering getting a Lumia 640 as my first smart phone. One of my hobbies is learning a foreign language and the iPad is really helpful for this. It has been often said that Microsoft cannot offer anything like the apps needed to attract mobile customers. That looks to be true and my occasional use of a netbook running Windows 8.1 has disappointed in relation to apps available. Memrise and Duolingo are two apps that I recently discovered on my iPad and they are very good. The former isn?t available for Windows phone. Duolingo is awful on a computer because of problems with sound recording and speech recognition. It works after a fashion with the Chrome browser but the iPad is streets ahead of my laptop.

Has anybody experience of using language apps and feel able to make suggestions? At present a Windows 10 phone is looking much less suitable for me than an iPhone or Android device.

A:Windows phones and language learning

Language apps are not really used on phones. Less than one percent of people use that function. would advise that you check youtube for assistance.
Relevancy 66.22%

I'm trying to learn Assembly language but all the tutorials that I've read on the Internet are so confusing. They just go on and on about registers and bytes and don't tell me how to use them in a real debugger. I want to actually learn what they do in real life as I'm learning. Do you guys know any tutorials that are good and easy to understand? I know how to program in C++, Java, and Basic but I don't think that will help me with learning Assembly.

A:Help me find a good tutorial for learning Assembly Language

Uhm.. If you don't know what registers and bytes are, then assemply is plain useless. You might as well say "I want to learn C++, but I don't want to know about variables or classes".

Also, in 99.9% of the cases you don't need to go to the assembler level in debugging. Modern debuggers are advanced enough to let you step through source code and examine variables at the same time.

You need assembler skills if you are debugging routines with no source available or if you suspect compiler errors.
Relevancy 65.36%

hi guys! can you recommend me some good programming language for beginners just like me? my friend in school recommends Turbo this a suitable language for beginners to learn?

any help would be greatly appreciated..thanks guys...

A:Programming Language

I would suggest firstly is to make decision - what do you want to program, or write code for..? Cause different languages are good for different purposes, for example if you to write for mobile programming then Java would be used... and so on... All C languages are good as well as Java, the principles are mostly the same, the sintaxis are different.
It's difficult to suggest which is the best car..? Since it depends what are you going to use it for..? Same here, do not rush, think what you want to do and then go for it, all languages have tutorials, dedicated to language websites, forums, books and so on. If you love maths and you know it good programing is for you, not much of help though... but...
Good luck!
Relevancy 65.36%

I've decided that I want to pick up a second programming language. I haven't messed with Java in a few months (life is busy etc. etc.) and I think I want to learn something new anyways. I've been looking at C# and C++ but I'm very interested in trying my hand at UWA development (just something to play with) but I'm unsure which would be the best option. What are the pros and cons between the two?
Relevancy 65.36%

i was both an applikczations and a software progra,mmedr. ik'm thinking of getting back to
of getting back to edp. the first thing to do is to learn a language. thed c hoices i want to
learn are c++, c#, visual c++ or java. what do you suggest. please feel
to offedr cyourf own suggestions. thank you.
mord carr

Relevancy 65.36%

I am new to programming, and I want to to web based programs, and want to know what's the easiest programming language to go hand in hand with html ?

Relevancy 65.36%

I have a 15 yo son who wants to learn how to program. He has played with Delphi and lot of the on line games. Unfortunately my experience goes back to the heady days of Pascal , basic and assembler so I can not give him sound advice.

I notice here the two most common "starters" are VB and C++. Are these two good to learn on or should I guide him to another language if these are to hard.

Appreciate the help

A:Programming Language for a 15 yo Son

Leopard is a good place to start. It is a relatively easy language to learn and he can produce his own exe's. It may be too basic for him, but you can take a look at it. And the price is right.

Philosophies vary on whether it is a good idea to learn a language that may be very different from what a full-fledged and more commonly used language is, but the principles of programming are very much the same. My own experience seems to be that learning a language like BASIC09, even though greatly different from later C++, actually informed it and allowed for greater flexibility with the new language.
Relevancy 65.36%

what to go into programming which is the best language?

Relevancy 65.36%

I would like to join the up and coming programing revolution - but don't know what programming learn for the future (which would be the easiest and best language to learn ).

A:Which Programming language is best

It all depends on what the application is. In the earlier days and to some extent today - COBOL is for business applications, Fortran is for scientific programming - that's the legacy.

Start with C. Learn an assembler language - Intel would be best. While your at it learn to drive a symbolic debugger for C which can look at assembled instructions, set breakpoints, watch points, change memory, and step through source code statements until the program blows up at the problem in your program - and you can inspect the flow of data in the program to find out how it caused the problem.

As a part of learning C, learn data structures - which is fundamental to programming in any language. Learn about arrays, linked lists, trees and other advanced data structures like cactii and BTrees.

Learn advanced topics like threads and how to synchronize independent data events for parallel programming - that will be the future - check out Intel's Nehalem processor due to debut in late 2008 at Ars Technica web site.

The learn about inheritance, polymorphism, and abstraction with private and public classes of instances of objects in C++.

For Artificial Intelligence learn Lisp, or Scheme.

For Logic Programming learn Prolog.

You can learn Java, but it is best applied at the mobile device level - although some corps. use it for applications on the Web which is somewhat top heavy from reports.

If you want to do systems software engineering, learn more about hardware, and study Computer Language Theory, and Operating Systems like Unix/Linux Internals.

Search the Software Development forum for posts initiated by my member name, lotuseclat79, and the keyword Memory - I recently posted links to a series of excellent articles on the topic of what every programmer should know about memory written and posted on another website.

-- Tom
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi. Im just wondering if ne1 knows the best programming language to chosse. I've tried dark basic to make 3D games. Im wondering is there any programming language that can do everything. Like make 2D and 3D games, have internet commands, registry commands, system commands. I dont think visual basic. NET can make 3D games. Ijust need some suggestions on any good programming languages.

A:Programming Language

You can make games in anything. It just depends on your skills and devotion.

If you want to make a game worth anything you should choose the language you are the most comfortable with. And also try to get a hold of some realism when judging your skills

You don't even have to use a programming language to make a (not so impressive) game.
Have you heard of tools like "Games Factory", "PIE 3D", Milkshape 3D?
Relevancy 64.5%

During college days our batch collected data of all in the same batch and wanted to build a database. While the database should contain permanent datas like names, dob, fav things n stuff. There should be a coloumn where present contacts can be added.
Could someone help me decide which language i could use so that i can achieve. If any have played Football manager, i was looking at something like that. I believe that uses XML. But what should i use as database.
The main thing of all i have no depth knowledge in any programming but being a computer graduate jus know the basic.
Pls help.

A:HELP: Choosing right programming language

I wouldn't get to complicated with this and use something like MS ACCESS. Really a simple excel spreadsheet would get you started. Seems there was a sample database that did this??

If you Google 'contact freeware' you may find something ready for you to use. No reason to re-invent the wheel.
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi All...

At work, i've got to write a complicated quotation program.
The catch is that i've already written it - on a Apple II many years ago in BASIC...

Now ive got to do it all over again for the PC...
But i don't know which BASIC program to use - Ive only heard of Visual BASIC - any others out there...

If anyone can remember far back, i'd like it as similar as APPLE II Basic which is almost identical to the Sinclair Spectrum's Basic..

100 ?"Hello"
110 Input a$
120 If a$="goodbye" then gosub 500
etc etc...

I know i could use emulators, but i'd rather not in this case...

Anyone help me??

A:Which BASIC programming language to use??

Cheers Rick...

Guess i never really thought about that - Yes, if its going to be similar then IT has to be in DOS (command prompt)...

So QBASIC and GWBASIC are the only two that you've heard of??
Relevancy 64.5%

I want to write a program to handle inventories. As parameters, I have decided the following rules at the outset:

1. It should be Excel based
2. I do not want to learn or use any code
3. I do not even want to use VBA, or create macros

I have been looking around at sites like Tersus, and want to go down this route. Has anyone used VPL, or could point to a discussion that would help me decide which program/software to use?

I have XL with Windows 2007.

Relevancy 64.5%

I’m looking for suggestions as to what programming language or application to use that is reasonably easy to learn so as to build a simple, easy to use and flexible Personal Information Manager with proper programming standards. The PIM won’t need a lot of fancy whistles and bells in its initial version but may need to expand just like all applications seem to do. I've already done an outline of what I want it to do. Of course, I own several PIM's but most are either too rigid or too cumbersome by trying to be everything to every user. As always, TSG members are the ones I reach out to.Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 64.5%

I would like to begin to learn programming. What would be the best one to learn; what is the dominant programming language now?

A:Solved: What programming language?

Hey mate, do a search on the forums about discussions related to learning programming languages.

Mods: Perhaps you could dedicate a sticky to this?
Relevancy 64.5%

I want somebody who can help me with python tutorials.please help.

A:python programming language

Hi mohani,

Welcome to TSG!

The Python programming language tutorial is located at: The Python Tutorial.

I suggest you read the first link at Wikipedia for an overview of the language, and then the tutorial link.

-- Tom
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi all,
I am taking college classes, and my first programming experience of any kind was last semester, with an intro to programming class. This semester I am taking the first part of a two-semester class in Java. I am finding it pretty difficult. I am wondering if it is just me, or is picking Java (out of any other language) sort of hard to learn for a first-time programmer/total beginner? Was there an easier one I could start with? I want to go for a BA or MA in Computer Science, and one of the requirements to get into either program is two semesters of java. In addition to reading Java Programming by Joyce Farrell for class, I bought Java For Dummies as sort of a preparatory book. Would anyone recommend any other Java books that they've read?

A:First programming language - Java

Welcome to TSG. Java is hard, right, but that is just at the beginning. After that if you pay enough time, effort and attention, it will not. For an example, when I was writing my first hello world program(one year before), I told my lecturer I am not gonna MAKE IT. I told him I am not gonna make a single WORKING program in my whole life time. But that was the beginning. Now I am on my way to make a program which will work based on the user's voice. See, that is now. At the beginning anything is hard, even the world's most easiest thing. But, when you do it with courage and attention, it will become a hobby and of course easy.

And there is another thing I learn t from my self based experience. That is, do not limit your self to the text book. Learn by searching by your self. Always try to become a challenge to other people by trying to get more knowledge than them (yes, education is a competition). And to be honest, I made contacts with lot of Java programmers in all around the world, and that is the golden knowledge base of mine(One of my friends in TSG was my first Java helper) . Their knowledge always helped me whenever I am stuck. You also do it by sticking up with TSG and other technical forums.

Love your failures, they will tell you where you will get wrong. Never get disappointing by saying that is hard. Whenever you find something new, and if you can try it out, do it. Do not wait until your lecturer asks you to do it.

Help your friends to learn Java. Their mistakes will show you unbelievable nice points! Correct their code for them. Do not wait until they ask for help, just jump and help .

In programming, it is pretty much normal to forget something you have learnt. Who cares, just go through the books and refresh your knowledge rather than worrying about your memory loss. People forget, that is why the books are written.

Create programs by your self. Do not wait until your lecturer ask you to do, because they may never ask! Don't think your homework as a homework. Do it for your knowledge, not because the pressure given to you, do it for your own knowledge.

If you are interesting in Java books, I recommend "Head First Java" book. Buy the latest version of the book (The latest was 2nd edition which covered Java5. Now Java 7 is up, they might have updated the book too. But it doesn't matter, the basics has never changed, and will never change!!). I recommend it because it is written by Kathey Sierra, the Java promoter and Java game developer, who is working for Sun Java Corporation (Now Oracle) and Bert Bates. And it is a production of O'Rielly, who did a good job for Web 2.0.

The other best resource is internet. In most cases I refer, because they have very good and understandable Java examples. Apart from that, use google
Relevancy 64.5%

Well ive been wanting for awile to learn to program, and in 2 years i got a highschool java class im going to take,but i wanna get a head start, or at least know some programming. What would be the best language to learn first (also concerning one thats not real hard), java, c,c+,C++,c+++, visual basic? Also, whats a good book to read on learning whichever language you think? Thanks

Relevancy 64.5%

Wich one of this languages you think is the best?

A:Favourite programming language

Assembler or Pascal for me, can't decide.
Relevancy 64.5%

hey guys, i've been really wanting to get into this, but just haven't had time. i have a 2 week break now and really want to sink my teeth into this stuff. i'm looking at coding in Windows (XP) if that makes a difference. i'm really interested in making my PC more efficient, i've noticed a lot of stuff on batch programming being mentioned. would this be ideal for me?

thanks guys

Relevancy 64.5%

I am trying to make an application for mobile devices. I am aiming my device at my android mobile (purely for testing purposes). But would like it to be compatible with as many mobile devices as possible (if this is possible).

Can you recommend a progamming language for this? I am willing to use anything.

I'm mainly a BASH programmer, but I also have limited VB.NET experience.

It will be a mobile telnet/SSH client to connect to my server, and will need to issue remote commands to a server.

Any ideas on approach are welcome guys, I want it to be the most streamlined system I can make, and I, by no means claim to be an expert in this area.

Thanks in advance

A:Best programming language for mobile
Relevancy 64.5%

I was wondering if you coulde show me some websites where I can learn how to code. Also what would you reccomend?

I am a novice, all i know so far quite well is html and mIRC.

Relevancy 64.5%

If I wish to start learning about computer scripting/programming, what is a good beginner's programming language to start with?

Relevancy 64.5%

My examination is just over and I've three months of leisure in hand.I want to learn 'something' during this period.To be precise,I want to learn some programming languages.But the problem is that I don't know nothing but BASIC.Which programming language should I learn? C language?I'm being advised that C is the mother of all languages and I should go for C.Is it true that if I can master C,I can master any language?

PSlease don't give perfunctory answers.Your opinion is precious to me.

Relevancy 64.5%

I need to be able to create a program that will make random math problems up to but not including algebra (maybe really simple algebra, like 5+5=x). Also word problems. Does anybody here have any ideas of languages that would be good to start with?

note: already have a book on C++ programming I'm poking through.

Relevancy 64.5%

There are many languages and platforms out there to choose from. Which one do you use? Why? What features do you like from it?

I prefer Java because it is platform independent. But generally use VB6 if my programs are for the PC only.

Relevancy 64.07%

For example the Linux kernel?

A:Are OS Kernels created with programming language?

psam3 said:

For example the Linux kernel?Click to expand...

Yep. C is used for some, like Unix and Linux and assembly language is used for others. I believe a mixture of assembly language and C is common in kernel development.

You can download the Linux kernel source here and read it, if you want.

Relevancy 64.07%

For software development, quite a number of languages are in use now-a-days, e.g Visual Basic, Java, C, C++. Is it possible to hazard a guess as to which language is ' the most used ', then the ' next most used ' etc. This I am interested in knowing because ,then, I can pay attention to these languages accordingly. I am a retired person and learning all the above mentioned languages at random. Perhaps, then, I can discipline myself in devoting my attention and time. I shall be grateful if someone can throw some light on this.

Relevancy 64.07%

Sorry everyone I hope that all of my posts are not becoming a nuisance I want to get experience in IDEs Language Programming Solved: many of the programming languages that are out there including Web programming languages My main problem is that the college I am going to does not offer a lot of the languages And for those that they do offer the classes are few and far between when it comes to scheduling because many of the students are too afraid of ruining their GPAs by taking them I know of sites where I can learn some of the programming languages but I have just one question Are there any IDEs out there preferably freeware for Perl Java COBOL and such I have tried Googling for this but I have not found anything I have found answers to a Java IDE but I m not sure which the best one for me to download is Once again I apologize for my enormous amounts of posts or so it seems to me Thanks for any help and guidance nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

i was just wondering what language is good for a starting video game programmer (which language should i learn first???)

Relevancy 64.07%

Hello. I'm trying to decide which windows programming language to learn. (Is "windows programming language" the correct description?) I don't have any specific projects in mind yet, so a language that would be broadly useful would be good (and Free would be even better!)

I have done quite a lot of programming in non-windows languages, i.e. Basic and Fortran 95, I've done a bit in C and a tiny bit in Pascal some time ago. Way back in the dim recesses of my memory I did use Visual Basic with Win 3.1, but I understand that Visual Basic is rather restricting and not such a good one to go for.

I would be grateful for advice.

Relevancy 63.21%

I know HTML, but i want to move away from that and go into a langauge like VB, C, ...etc. i was wondering what language i should learn and why.

A:What is a good begging programming language to learn?

What do you want to achieve? What is your background? Do you actually have the money to pay for some developer tools?

If you want to write casual Windows snippets then you may want to learn/use VB even though everyone will laugh at you. For simple things in Unix world you can use Perl or TCL.

If you want to get into "serious" programming you want to learn Java and then move on to C++.

If you want to write real applications right away, you may like Delphi..
Relevancy 62.35%

Why Parrot is Important.

Think writing a compiler is difficult? It is—unless you use Parrot, a complete compiler construction kit. With Parrot, crafting a new programming language is as easy as authoring a new website.

Quote Reference: Why Parrot is Important (Linux Magazine)
"Good tools lower the risk of trying out new ideas. Spending 10 years implementing a radical new concept in programming languages, alien to users of existing languages, is a daunting prospect. Spending a few weeks, on the other hand, is quite tolerable. Successful experiments can quickly go on to solve more problems, while the unsuccessful ones can be quickly set aside, applying the lessons learned to the next language."Click to expand...

-- Tom
Relevancy 62.35%

I use Microsoft Office 2003. My operating system is XP. I want to learn a programming language but can't figure out which is the best to learn. If I learn VBA, am I learning a dead end language that will be useless if my company upgrades to later version of Microsoft Office or a newer operating system. Does Visual work with 2003?

Relevancy 62.35%

Introducing C++11: Next iteration of programming language passes review.

This past week in Madrid, Spain, the next iteration of the C++ programming language, C++11, passed review by the technical standards committee.

"The purpose of standardization is not language features; the purpose is to make C++ code faster, more reliable, easier to write, easier to maintain, and easier to modify. Now that we know what the standard looks like, we can start programming with it. Compilers are already implementing many of the new features today."

For more details, please see the C++0x FAQ.

-- Tom
Relevancy 61.06%

Carnegie Mellon releases ROBOTC2.0 programming language for educational robots.

Carnegie Mellon University's Robotics Academy announces the release of ROBOTC2.0®, a programming language for robots and an accompanying suite of training tools that are easy enough for elementary students to use, but powerful enough for college-level engineering courses.

-- Tom
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a c++ for dummies 4th edition book, this is informative but still goes beyond me(i dont learn as fast as a computer can). Like 20 pages in it was already talking about binaries and "cout" and i dont know what is going on. What i dop know is i want to learn c++ badly. Also i tried to copy a simple text disply program from a site to see if it would work in my djgpp rhide cimpilation device which came with the book. This didnt work. Does spacing, tabbing, entering, or any of that matter in entering in code of sorts? Again i know alot about computers and the like, but c++ is too vast to start somewhere on my own. i need some help.

A:I dont know where to start learning c++

The original "Coronado Enterprises" C and C++
tutorials (with source code examples) are good.
You can download both (including the examples)
zipped in one file here:

Beginners should start with the "C" tutorial.

Cheers, Mac
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an idea for some interactive "flashcards", an educational program, where you test/educate yourself for vocabulary words.

My question is "What computer language should I try to develop this in?"

I visualize that the program would just be text display text, but it would be nice to display some graphics.

About 30 yrs. ago I did some programming in Basic & Fortran. You can get Basic, Python, or Scratch on-line for no charge. The learning curve would also be less in those languages.

If some publisher would be interested in the idea, would he want it programmed in Java, C++, or Visual Basic? or would Basic, Python, or Scratch be good enough?

I am retired, have a lot of time, but few financial resources, and this project is a labor of love rather than a professional move.

Any advice will be appreciated,
Thank you

A:Programming "Flashcards", in what computer language?

Microsoft gives several compilers for free, in my opinion, since you know BASIC, then develop the application with Visual BASIC. Personally, I prefer the C languages, such as C++ and C#, since I find the syntax quicker to write than BASIC.

Python and Java are based around C and C++ too.

Personally, from developer forums and Q/A, I've seen most people develop in C# or C++.
Relevancy 54.18%

o.k, i've done a bit of Java and C++. Would like to start playing around with visual studio. Can anyone tell me if it would be possible for someone to start off learning how to program using visual studio and possibly get MCAD certified? Or would I need to have more programming experience under my belt in order to go for the Microsoft certs? I don't have the time or the money to go back to school but would really like to enter into the world of programming but can never seem to find a good way to learn.. Like i said, I was playing around with C++ but i wouldn't be able to get certified in that language so how could I prove to a company that I can successfully program in C++? Or would a company even hire someone who doesn't have a BS in Computer Science?

Any suggestions?

A:new to programming, where to start?

For Microsoft Certifications you need some good books in place. You need to read a lot to become a good programmer. The only way to convince employers without having a degree or certification is to prepare a strong portfolio. Solve real world problems and show it to them. If they get impressed they'll surely hire u.
Relevancy 54.18%

i am very interested in programming and i wanted to know what language is the easiest to learn and where can i learn it from?

Relevancy 54.18%

I've heard a lot about how knowing programming (java, c++, python,etc) can help you in when using computers . I'm interested in programming but I don't know what to do. I don't know where or how to start. do you need to buy/download software from anywhere? I'm thankful for any help.

A:New to programming, where to start?

What are you interested in doing? Making computer programs/apps for an OS like Windows or OS X? iOS or Android? Or programming robots and microcontrollers? Do you want to create a website or blog? Or something else?

I think the best beginner language is Python. Then you can move onto programming languages based on your interests. If you want to code apps for iOS for example, you would need to know Objective C and a bit of Cocoa (specific language for OS X/iOS).

So, what are you interests?
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm looking to get into Cocoa programming for Mac OSX, but I haven't the faintest clue where to start. I have a bit of light programming experience using MS Visual Basic, but that's it. I don't want to have to buy any books, etc., I'm just looking for tutorials, guides, etc. I already downloaded the Apple Developer Connection reference library, but there's just too much stuff in there unless you know what you're looking for. Any help would be appreciated!

By the way, I have OS 10.5.1 and have XCode already installed.
Relevancy 53.32%

I just wondered what advice you could give someone (me) who wants to have a bash at programming. What's the best language to start with? I guess ultimately I want to be able to design software for Windows.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks a lot,

Relevancy 53.32%

hey all, i've been wanting to program for Windows for quite a while now, but just haven't got around to it.

i have some experience with VB6, but that was 7 years ago, and i haven't been into the scene since then.

what's the best thing to get into now? be great if there was a development system like visual studio that was free. what's the best market to develop for? what's the up and coming thing i could try?

i've set aside a month so i know i can do this.

A:Programming for Windows: Where to start?

For Microsoft.NET development (C#, VB.NET), you can download the Visual Studio Express Editions for free from Microsoft.
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey, I have been wanting to get a couple of years of experience of game programming. I have the basic C++ program: Microsoft Visual C++ Express. I'm having troubles finding where to start.....I see youtube and websites that give good detail just aren't teaching me any codes or anything. If anyone can help by putting websites, videos, downloadable classes in a reply it would be really helpful.

I want to be a Sony Playstation Home Programmer.
Relevancy 52.89%

Two weeks ago I installed Windows on my laptop And truth told I'm not fond of it at programming Win8 I start apps? Can all Very few options to personalize my desktop the tiles etc As a simple user you like the OS or you don't there's barely anything you can customize I've also found that Windows doesn't like interacting with non-microsoft software They have pretty Can I start programming Win8 apps? tiles and applications of their own but things like VLC which has a lot more options then the media player supplied by microsoft Google Chrome etc they just don't work together I feel like my laptop is confused about it's personality It tries to be a tablet or a windows desktop It doesn't have any flow to it However I'm not ready to give up on Windows yet I would like to believe that there are good things about this OS My faith mainly lies in WPF I've had a presentation about it at school and it really spoke to me My question is as a first year IT student with basic knowledge of C SQL HTML XML and CSS is it possible to program applications for Windows with WPF I'm willing to learn a lot in a short period of time but it has to be doable combinable with my studies The presentation made it seem like it is possible but I wanted a little more input on whether it is easy to use or not My main interest lies in personalizing applications Making them more adjustable making the notifications and tiles more adjustable

A:Can I start programming Win8 apps?

Install VS2012 Express for Windows 8. The programming model is based on XAML and you can write in any .Net language.

Relevancy 52.89%

Mods if this is in the wrong section please move it I have a Computer Information Systems Bachelor of Science Degree from a University However my skills in programming are not up to par with what a building can portfolio? start I programming How you d expect from a graduate They ve degraded from my college How can I start building a programming portfolio? days Mostly from my own laziness but partly from the fact that the job I got laid off from a month and a half ago and had for close to a year and a half mostly required me programming in an obscure language called FoxPro That job was my first job out of college and now I m looking for work When I got laid off I planned on doing projects at home that perhaps I could show off to a prospective employer However I never got around to it I got a hold to a bunch of tech books but never really know where to start What language what project Any of that Also I ve ended up prioritizing job hunting ahead of actually working on my skills Unemployment requires that I apply to jobs a week which would be easy if I wanted to relocate As of now it s a hustle I ve been applying for work but I ve only gotten one interview I thought it went well but I haven t heard back from them in weeks I m realizing that I have amateur programming skills and I have no work to show off to a prospective employer However I feel a portfolio would help me out a lot if I could make one I can work on developing my skills but past that point I don t know anything I don t know what projects I could do to show off to an employer I was wondering Do you guys have links to any websites with advice on building programmer portfolios Languages I was intent on focusing on were C C and Java I m reading up on them but am still on the basics and don t know what I can do for a project Of course if you have any advice you can impart to me that would be great too I hear that I should get involved with open source software and don t know where to start there nbsp

A:How can I start building a programming portfolio?

I'm a university student who's just finished my first year, so I'm constantly given all the same advice as you are and don't really know how much is accurate and how much is nice-sounding theory.

That said, it sounds to me as if the task is twofold.
You have to prove to employers that you have the skills they want, and you have to make sure you have the skills they want.

The first thing to check is what languages they actually do want, which isn't always C# or Java.

Insofar as FoxPro is like the languages they want you to work in, it shouldn't be hard to transfer those underlying skills to another language even if the actual letters used to make a statement are different. However, if the language you're after has an inherently different way of doing things, you'll need to learn that way of doing things.
Either way you'll need to practice the new language: find code samples and trace through them line by line to work out what's happening, find online programming puzzles (things like this and this) and practice them in different languages, look for fora like this one (though to be honest the programming forum here isn't all that busy) and find the bugs in people's buggy code, and ultimately write programs in them. I put some of my projects up on my website. They're neither unique nor the best in their field, but they serve for practice. Generally speaking each is focussed on an area I knew I was weak on at the time, and an opportunity presented itself to get better, and I thought the project itself sounded fun.
I also occasionally hunt for jobs on freelancing sites for a bit of extra practice (and a bit of extra cash can help too of course), since it forces me to work to someone else's specification and take on things I wouldn't normally attempt. I don't know how that would work with unemployment benefit; I don't think applying to freelance jobs counts toward your 2 applications a week.

Perhaps most importantly, stress your advantages. Instead of "I only know this obscure old language," you have proven that you can hold down a job for a year and a half (which the fresh graduates you're competing with haven't), which means you have shown you can do real world programming instead of homework problems, you have the initiative to go out and learn a different style, and special experience in whatever FoxPro is best at doing (databases?) that no-one else has precisely because it's so obscure.
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey every one I m new to Java programming and I of illegal - Java expression start programming ve been makeing this text Java programming - illegal start of expression adventure game But for some reason I got this quot illegal start of expression quot error Can any one help me out The error is on the th line private void doGo line Also I just copy a - lines above and below the paragrph of where the problem is So you get a idea of what around the problem too Here s a small part of my code ------------------------------------------------------ else io showoutput quot nothing happened quot private void doGo String direction if direction null if there is no second word we don t know where to go System out println quot Go where quot return Try to leave current room Room nextRoom currentRoom getExit direction if nextRoom null io showOutput quot I can t go that way quot else currentRoom nextRoom io clear updateOutput private void updateOutput io showOutput quot room quot currentRoom io showOutput currentRoom getDescription ------------------------------------------------------ Also if i come across any more errors could I private message any one Thank you for reading MERRY CHRISTMAS Bigk nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Ok, I know very little about java, and I am trying to code a game, and every time I comply, I get this error.
Code: illegal start of expression
Here is the code, tell me what to fix please (Starts at line 10545)
public void fromBank(int itemID, int fromSlot, int amount) {
if (amount > 0) {
if (bankItems[fromSlot] > 0){
if (!takeAsNote) {
if (Item.itemStackable[bankItems[fromSlot]+1]) {
if (bankItemsN[fromSlot] > amount) {
if (addItem((bankItems[fromSlot]-1),amount)) {
bankItemsN[fromSlot] -= amount;
} else {
if (addItem((bankItems[fromSlot]-1),bankItemsN[fromSlot])) {
bankItems[fromSlot] = 0;
bankItemsN[fromSlot] = 0;

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello all,
I have just started using Windows 8 and like it very much. I do have one very small problem.I have dual language, English and Hebrew. When the program initiates the language selection comes up in Hebrew. I would prefer it to initialize in English. I haven't been able to determine if this can be changed. Is there a way to accomplish this?
Thank you

A:Start-up language selection

This link might help:
Input Method - Set Default Language in Windows 8
Relevancy 47.3%

I accidentily changed the F2 startup function to Arabic. How do I change it back to English?Another senior momenmt !
Relevancy 47.3%

This may be a bit of a silly question, and for that I apologize, but I was wondering how you change the language in the start up? Like when the computer is shutting down/turning on, when you wake it up from sleep and enter a PIN, etc.

When I was picking the language in the initial start up, I accidentally chose French because the touchpad was really grippy. I've changed the language back to English for when I'm actually using the computer, but the start up and lock screens are still in French.

I apologize if I'm not posting this in the right place. Any help would be great!

A:How to change the language in the start up?

Go to Settings -> Time & language -> Region & Language and then change to the language that you want.

Of course, I've indicated the menu items in English but they will be in French for you.
Relevancy 46.87%

I have just bought a new laptop which came loaded with Windows 8........ (loving it so far) except I am living in Dubai & am British. On the initial set up I was unable to change the language from Arabic to English but thought I would be able to do this once I had completed the initial setup as was the case

However some of the boxes in the start screen are still written in Arabic & I have tried everything I can think of to change these to English.

When I went into some of the boxes to see what they were, the title of the box automatically changed to English but not all of them

Anyone got any ideas on how to change the titles of these boxes???

A:Change the language on Start Screen

Hi, go to Control Panel, Clock Language Region, select Language, in Advanced settings try English, if you don't find English, change in the Region settings change to UK, but you have to change back to the current region for correct time setting. HTH.

Display Language - Change in Windows 8

Location - Change Region Home Location in Windows 8
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello EightForums members.

Now, I finished installing that Windows 8 Release Preview and I logged with Microsoft account.
But when I finished install my Start is in Serbian language. I want to change to English language.

I think that is because , that Live account is and in setup I selected : Serbia, Serbia (Latin) and other.

And question : How to change Start to English (I want it) ?

Please answer soon, and thanks in advance.
{Baltic}Trinty .

A:{PROBLEM} How to change Start {Menu} language ?

Hello Trinity,

If you did not change your display language by misktake in Windows 8, then you might see if turning off only the Language preferences Sync setting may help.

Sync Your Settings - Turn On or Off in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Relevancy 46.44%

Well, I have Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit. Here's the problem. As I speak and read various languages, most fluently Chinese, English, Swedish; I messed with the new language changing feature in Ultimate. I changed from Chinese to English, everything went perfectly smooth, it was all translated except for one thing. The start screen where you log in. The bar under your profile picture which should say password in English says
"密码" in simplified Chinese. Then when I do enter the password, the "logging in" is also in simplified Chinese. Also, some things in some programs, such as IE 7 and the current typing language on the lower right corner is in a weird font. It's still in that Chinese looking english font. Very weird.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

A:Language Change & Start Screen Problem

Hello Emonime, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Check this post out. Point (3) tells you how to change the language in Welcome, logon and logout screens.

Relevancy 46.01%

Visual Studio Tools for the Microsoft Office System can help you take advantage of the productivity enhancements in the Microsoft .NET Framework to extend Microsoft Office Word 2003 and Microsoft Office Excel 2003 using Visual Basic .NET and Visual C#. The tools include new Visual Studio .NET projects for creating code behind Word documents, Word templates, and Excel workbooks.
System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: TabletPC, Windows 2000, Windows 2000 Service Pack 2, Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Windows XP 64-bit

.NET Framework
Office 2003

Relevancy 46.01%

As the title suggested, my start menu appear to be in chinese and I dont know how to change it back to english please help

A:Change language back to English on the start menu

1) Press Windows key+X+A. This will open administrative command prompt and type control.exe /name Microsoft.Language2) Language window pops out and tap on Add Language and follow on screen Instructions to download English Language and Install.3) On successful Updating to English Language. In Language window make sure to Select English Language to first position by tapping on Move up under Change your Language Preferences section.4) Restart the system to take changes effect.Hope this steps will helpful in resolving your query
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a problem with the entries in the start menu. Normaly I have Swedish which is what the system is set to use. But for some reason the entries in the start menu is english now!
How can I change that back? Maybe it hapened when I installed and run the program "Advanced System Care" which was suposed to be a good program, but I'm not sure. I didn't help to uninstall it by the way.

What to do?

A:Start menu language changed, how to change back?

1. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Clock, Language, and Region / Change the display language
2. Switch the display language in the Choose a display language drop down menu.
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello everyone.
Today I tried Windows 10... it's not bad at all but for the moment I prefer to stick with Windows 7.
So I downgraded and everything is fine a part from a small detail in the start menu...

As you can see my Windows 7 is in Italian but there are three entries that are in English.
Documents-Pictures-Music instead of Documenti-Immagini-Musica.
All the settings in control panel are on "Italian" so I don't know why this happened.

Any way to fix it?

A:Windows 7 start menu partially changed language

I feel really stupid.
A simple right click and rename was enough.
Relevancy 43%

I installed Windows 8 Pro and installed an additional language(let's say it's B) pack, changed system display language to B, and system locale to B.

And I got infinite BSOD after installing some drivers(not related to language pack, just I made mistake installing old programs), so I 'refresh'ed the system.

Guess what, after the refresh, system display was set to English(united kingdom, which is default), AND system locale remained as language B.

This is the problematic part;
1.I CANNOT change system display language to B, it says it's unavailable.
2.The system regards the language pack is already installed because I can still use B as system locale.
3.I cannot reinstall or remove the language pack. LPKSETUP doesn't detect B.

SO i'm pretty much stuck, and I don't want to reinstall just to change the system display language.

Is there any solution to this(removing/reinstalling language pack)?
Relevancy 43%

I found this official link 1 hour ago after searching for 2 years.

I own an Office 2007 Student Pack in Italian - but I'm used to excel formulas in English,
and to have all Office in English. The interface being in Italian it's a pain.

Microsoft 2 years ago discontinued the support for language pack support,
I was pointing there to change interface every-time I had to reinstall.
The PC Main Disk crashed, and over the pain to do the full install of everything,
I discovered that I was stuck with an Italian Office !

Now they came back and offered a good solution ... full download of the older Office version ... any language.
(only 32 bit)
Hope it will help some other People out there !
Relevancy 43%

I found this official link 1 hour ago after searching for 2 years.

I own an Office 2007 Student Pack in Italian - but I'm used to excel formulas in English,
and to have all Office in English. The interface being in Italian it's a pain.

Microsoft 2 years ago discontinued the support for language pack support,
I was pointing there to change interface every-time I had to reinstall.
The PC Main Disk crashed, and over the pain to do the full install of everything,
I discovered that I was stuck with an Italian Office !

Now they came back and offered a good solution ... full download of the older Office version ... any language.
(only 32 bit)
Hope it will help some other People out there !
Relevancy 43%

Hello All Please understand the scenario quot We are developing a web based software that Regional Language Problem setting Supporting Language Greek by in German as is used in FleetServices to process some driver and vehicle files that contains activities like driving rest etc So the problem is that when i got a driver vehicle file in German language and i try to transfer it to server it fails if my regional setting is set to Greek Language But i am able to transfer driver vehicle file if my OS's Regional setting is other than Greek Problem in Supporting German Language by setting Greek as Regional Language quot So my question is that why German language is not supported by operating system only if my regional setting is Greek it is working fine if regional setting is other than Greek Is there a bug in Windows XP or Visual Studio or we are doing something wrong If there German language is not supported by Greek OS then please refer my some url where such information is available which clearly speaks that this scenario is not at all supported If it is supported then please tell me how to support it I would be very-very thankful to you
Relevancy 43%

what a terrible title, sorry for confusion but needed help in regards to those topics.

issue is, there are a lot of program that comes with multiple languages we can choose during an installation, and there are software thats just in english no matter what, and then finally the software that uses system default system locale. now when im in 1 locale english, everything is fine however as soon as switch, the software that uses system locale changes and I don't understand it anymore. I have emulator that runs old school N64 games on computer and they can only be executed when in japanese locale but when i do that, my intel HD4000 graphics software all becomes in japanese.. along with multiple other things in context menu.

how do I switch all these software that defaults to system locale to just English? pls help, thank you!

A:software default language, window language, system locale

Download VMware (VMPlayer) and run your N64 games in a Virtual Machine with a Japanese language set
Relevancy 43%

My current workstation is running WIN XP PRO SP At one point it was being used by my Russian stepson who put a bunch of games etc on it that were in Russian After my own computer motherboard failed I cleaned this workstation up but didn t reinstall windows yet as I was hoping that this wouldn t be necessary Unfortunately when I tried to install the setpoint software from Logitech the splash screen and install instructions come up display install/updates in wrong specific Language language. in Russian The same thing also occured with one of my HP scanner programs Although I have the language settings set to English I Language specific install/updates display in wrong language. do have the Russian keyboard language support also available so that my wife can type in Russian sometimes But even though I have the language set in English and it displays on the task bar as being in English unless I switch it to Russian Language specific install/updates display in wrong language. I can t download updates etc on the software that is quot language quot aware NOTE I have called Logitech who didn t have anyone in their support area who could help me We found one older version of the setpoint software that was showed up mainly in English although a few of the choices for location etc were displayed in a Russian language drop down list even then I am guessing that there is some registry entry etc that the logitech and some HP software look at in order to provide a universal install program and the techs I talked too didn t know about Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp
Relevancy 43%

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Relevancy 43%

I have been installing Portuguese PhotoStory 3 on my windows 7 machine.

It install OK. I reboot. When I invoke Photostory 3 I am expecting to find it in Portuguese, ... but its still in English.
I used the official PhotoStory3Portuguese(Brazil).msi

Here's the question:
Even if I install the Portuguese version, does it still look at the OS language when invoked and say "well, your OS is in English so I am going to display in English" ?

(ps: I have the same issue on my XP machine...)

A:Installing foreign language software on an English language win7 OS?

Could you please share a link for that msi-file, if that is possible?
Relevancy 42.57%

I downloaded the Win10 Home single language ISO for a clean install on a new build PC and skipped the activation step during install. Now I need to activate. If I purchase a copy of Windows 10 Home in store or digitally, will I be able to use the product key in my current install without need to re-install?

I tried to phone MS support about this and they were utterly useless!

A:Activate single language edition with multi language key?

As long as you buy the version you installed they you should be fine.
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi there first time posting although I have visited your site many times in the past I'm running windows x localized to Greek and with Greek display language The core language is English and I installed Greek through windows update Recently I came across a problem that pretty much is described by the thread's title As a result the program files folder is displayed in English instead of Greek Other folders like in language folder is files display Program language than different users and program files x are displayed in Greek I've done some research and someone was suggesting that the problem relates with the desktop ini file in the program files folder In Program files folder is in different language than display language that case desktop ini was missing and the problem was solved by creating another one mine is ShellClassInfo LocalizedResourseName SystemRoot system shell dll - In my case the desktop ini file is not missing Things I've tried First I change the display language to English then back to Greek rebooted no luck Second I uninstall Greek language rebooted then I reinstall through windows update rebooted same result Third I deleted desktop ini file from program files rebooted still English program folder Fourth I used system restore and I selected a date before the problem occurred and then I decided to ask to this forum because guess what the problem was still there That was truly my last resort I know it's not a big problem but it's driving me crazy So any help would be hugely appreciated Thank you in advance

A:Program files folder is in different language than display language

It seems to me that it would have to stay English (or the language the coders named it) as the programs look to those folders and their exact names/wording for files to use. If someone made for example call of duty then translated duty to Greek and the code looked for duty, it would only find the translation and it would fail to find the thing its looking for.

I have no info to back this up but its my theory as why things like documents can change but not program files folder names.
Relevancy 42.57%

I have Windows Vista Home SP2,
I need to change PC language from Norvegian to English,

Thank you.

A:My Windows Vista is Norvegian language, I need English language.

If you have the multi language installation disc, you can change the language during a reinstallation. If it is a Norwegian only, then you are stuck unless you can borrow an English installation disc and activeat with the key that is on the COA sticker (on the bottom of the laptop).
Relevancy 42.57%

I downloaded the Win10 Home single language ISO for a clean install on a new build PC and skipped the activation step during install. Now I need to activate. If I purchase a copy of Windows 10 Home in store or digitally, will I be able to use the product key in my current install without need to re-install?

I tried to phone MS support about this and they were utterly useless!

A:Activate single language edition with multi language key?

As long as you buy the version you installed they you should be fine.
Relevancy 42.57%

I have Windows XP professional service pack three, but i can`t understand the
instructions inside because the language of the installer is not English, i don`t know what language is it..

Please tell me what to do.
How can i change the language of the installer ?

A:how to change the language of operating system to English language

you can get english version of service pk3 here Windows XP Service Pack 3 Download - Softpedia
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi friend
I want to remove Persian language from " Add Input Language part". Bu I don't know how do it.
please help and guide me.

I have captured from it. My mean I want remove this part. Look at the picture

My version windows is Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Thank you

A:How can I remove a language pack from Add Input Language part?

Why do you want to remove it ?

As long as it`s not installed, it`s not on the PC.
Relevancy 42.57%

I bought the sony laptop with single language pack. The OS language is in spanish. I need to change the language to english. How to change the OS language in single language windows 8.

A:Change language in windows 8 single language OS pack

Hi Hi thiru79, Welcome to Eight forums,

Check this link.

Display Language - Change in Windows 8

Keep us posted.
Relevancy 41.71%

Language Tool

supports the following operating systems:
Windows 7 Starter
Windows 7 Home Basic
Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows 7 Professional
Windows 8 Single Language
Windows 8.1 Single Language
Windows 10 Home Single Language

supports the following languages:
Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Taiwan), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian,
Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, English (United Kingdom), Estonian, Finnish, French,
French (Canada), German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian,
Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian,
Russian, Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Spanish (Mexico), Swedish, Thai,
Turkish, Ukrainian
Relevancy 41.71%

my friend add new language as part of competition we have in our collage for how can make big customize on windows and she tell me that doing this is so hard !!! dose any one know how ??? in windows 7

A:how to add new language to format in regional and language options

im installing kuwo music box but it come out in different language.. need some help with this
Relevancy 41.71%

I changed language on my Window XP from English to Chinese under the Advanced tab. After I rebooted the machine, My Computer, Window Explorer, and Control Panel fail to start up when I click on it. Other programs on my Window works fine.
Relevancy 41.71%

A colleague of mine installed the Assamese language on my laptop for a prank and now I can't remove it from the language list in:

Control Panel -> Language -> Advanced Settings -> Override for Windows display language

During an update my display language was reverted to Assamese...

How can I get rid of this language?

Relevancy 41.71%

It seems to me that the default language input method changes with apps being loaded, supposed I set my default input language to PT and then use MS Word in Chinese, when I close my Win 8.1, the next time I turn on my computer, the default will change to CN instead of PT. Anyone knows how to make Win 8.1 stays with the default input method and not the last apps used? I went to Control Panel/Language and did not find any settings there beside the one that I already did, which was my default input method set to PT.

Thanks for your comment/suggestion
Relevancy 41.71%

This question is driving me mad ... please help me with simple answers

A:what is the difference between scripting language and interpreted language ???

it has been answered in your topic here

One slight addition I would add to that answer is that it isn't a correct question in first place as script language can & does often include interpreted language

Interpreted languages need a compiler to run
Many script languages have a native compiler inbuilt into windows & other OS to enable them to run
Relevancy 40.42%

I'm having a workstation with Windows 7. I choose to language, Francais (Canada) and English (United-States) but, for whatever reason, English (Canada) keeps poping in in the language bar even though I did not select it, further, it sits as the default keyboard.....

I have not choosen said language and when I go into the Regional parameteres, that keyboard is not selected either. It is only in the language bar and can't be remove. Any idea as to why this keyboard keeps poping in and how can I delete it once and for all?

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I found this thread that has some similarities to my issue Unwanted keyboard in language bar Since maybe yesterday quot EN quot was visible on my task bar So when I clicked on it I saw that there's another language that I have nothing to do with displayed In the settings I only see EN under the language Installed Services box And this is what I see in the Registry Editor I don't know much about this stuff But based on that other thread I pulled out this information in case it can help Code HKEY CURRENT USER Keyboard Layout HKEY CURRENT USER Keyboard Layout Preload quot quot quot quot HKEY CURRENT USER Keyboard language keeps Bar Language unwanted showing Layout Substitutes HKEY CURRENT Language Bar keeps showing unwanted language USER Keyboard Layout Toggle Code HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control CMF SqmData BootLanguages quot en-US quot dword Code HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Control CMF SqmData BootLanguages quot en-US quot dword Code HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Control CMF SqmData BootLanguages quot en-US quot dword Thanks for taking the time to look into this Don

A:Language Bar keeps showing unwanted language

Scan your computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free just in case.
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello I'm in Korea and have been using both Korean and English on my laptop Last night my keyboard suddenly became unable to switch to Korean to type or more specifically would 'switch' to Korean but still use English letters when I typed I've searched everywhere and tried everything I can to fix it but nothing is working From what I can gather the Korean keyboard layout has somehow switched to English letters instead of Korean when I go to languages keyboards - gt Change Keyboards - gt select the Korean keyboard and click properties it brings up the Language Language Bar/Display problem keyboard layout and it's all English letters I assumed the best thing to do would be to just re-install the language but I can't figure out how to do that I don't have the option from the previously mentioned keyboard languages location and the best answer I could find online had something to do with Windows updates but that didn't work for me either What am I doing wrong

A:Language Bar/Display Language problem

Hi atwoodruff, welcome to Windows 7 Forums.

You could try a System Recovery. Open Control Panel & select Recovery & see if there is a Recovery Point that you can use, that precedes your current problem.
If that works then just install the updates that will probably show up as being needed, one at a time. Restart your computer after each one & if you find one that causes this problem, uninstall it & then hide it so it does not show up again.
Relevancy 39.99%

How can i make a backup of the registry?

And, how can i make a boot cd?

A:learning to fly...

this may help.
Relevancy 39.99%

I am anaspiring DJ with a ton of music.....on the computer. How can I hook up those large DJ speakers through my laptop? Specificaly, what equipment would I need to purchace.

A:Learning to DJ

You will need a separate power amp and connectors to interface to your laptops audio out port, and to any speakers you choose to the amp. The power amp will serve as a PA by connecting a mic