Windows Support Forum

[SOLVED] Wired connection not working in Win7 (Unidentified network)

Q: [SOLVED] Wired connection not working in Win7 (Unidentified network)

Hey there I recently upgraded my motherboard CPU and memory and since then I am only able to connect working [SOLVED] network) not (Unidentified Wired Win7 connection in to the internet using my wireless connection Before the upgrade I was able to connect using my wired connection without a problem I've also added an old ethernet card to see if that can connect but it doesn't Both wired connections hang on quot Identifying quot for like one minute before settling on quot Unidentified network quot I've tried disabling enabling the adapters resetting modem and router updating router firmware uninstalling reinstalling updating adapter drivers Ran out of ideas There's another Win computer Home -bit wired to the router that can connect just fine so I'm not sure what the deal is Not sure if you need my system info or not but here it is anyway Win Pro -bit ASUS M A TD EVO AMD Phenom II X T G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB DDR PC EVGA Geforce GTX Antec TruePower Quattro W If I was unclear about anything or you [SOLVED] Wired connection not working in Win7 (Unidentified network) need more info let me know Thanks for the help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: [SOLVED] Wired connection not working in Win7 (Unidentified network)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: [SOLVED] Wired connection not working in Win7 (Unidentified network)

eeek, I dont know sounds

what is you're isp I think maybe you would have to talk to them about it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-wired-connection-not-working-in-win7-unidentified-network-543506.html
Relevancy 98.04%

So basically I have had this computer for just over a year now and have never had this problem It is something that an keeps network. connection Wired unidentified becoming has literally started in the last days I turn on my computer everything is working perfectly fine then on average after about minutes my wired connection will have no internet access I ve tried testing it to see whether it is certain applications triggering it Wired connection keeps becoming an unidentified network. for example I thought it may be steam or battlenet But regardless after - minutes I will lose my internet access I restored my computer to the last time it worked which was the beginning of the week and that has not changed anything I cannot figure out what the problem might be I do use a TP-LINK homeplug for my wired connection I have a of them in total and with all the same thing happened Yet they work for the other computers around the house so I do not think it is that All my wired PC s are working and all wireless devices are remaining connected it is just my computer having this problem I have searched the web and cannot figure it out as there seem to be slightly similar problems but never the exact same problem hence this thread Even though I would consider myself to understand computers to a certain extent basic language would still be appreciated or as simple as can be Much Appreciated p s I would just like to point out that I have just restarted my PC again and gone to network and sharing and the active network now has changed from Home Network to a Unidentified Public Network I did not change this at all I am using my laptop Wired connection keeps becoming an unidentified network. as I cannot connect to the forums for the reasons above Below is the ipconfig all from the CMD prompt after it has disconnected C Users Ben gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ben-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WNS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C - - -CC-DB- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local Ipv Address fe d c e eef d x preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - - B-C - - -CC-DB- B DNS Servers fec ffff x fec ffff x fec ffff x NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B - B - - - BB A F BF Media State Media Disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Yes nbsp

A:Wired connection keeps becoming an unidentified network.

whats the make and model of the PC
i would update the driver - post back here the make and model
also
try a tcp/ip reset
------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

For Windows Vista/Windows 7/8
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):​
For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
​Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied
This often occurs with windows 8

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
also the link has a Microsoft Fix it , which will do the above for you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-connection-keeps-becoming-an-unidentified-network.1133152/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi No Unidentified Network; LAN/Wired Connection Area Internet - Local Guys I have been experiencing this issue since days ago year on and was having no problems I am currently using a LAN/Wired Local Area Connection - Unidentified Network; No Internet Dell Studio XPS Windows -bit I am able to connect to the internet via wifi however to no avail with my LAN connection I have tried the basic stuff like changing LAN cables testing connection with other Windows Vista XP laptops and they worked except for mine I have tried methods posted online such as the netsh winsock reset disabling IPv setting static IP for IPv etc However none has worked for me Below is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Christopher Koh gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ChristopherKoh Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List nus edu sg mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - -F -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ed ea c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September AM Lease Expires Friday September AM Default Gateway fe d c cf f d fe b c b e bf fe e d aa DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - F- E- - - -F -C - DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB- B- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a b be f a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September AM Lease Expires Friday September AM Default Gateway fe e af bf a a fe d a c eafd fe b a c b db fe a d d d b fe d ef ef da c DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - F- E- - - -F -C - DNS Servers fe a c cfe a Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f a b bfa Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f a b bfa Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap nus edu sg Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Can anyone help me

A:LAN/Wired Local Area Connection - Unidentified Network; No Internet

You should automatically obtain your ip address, dns, and gateway, unless directed otherwise by your isp.
Did you "power down/power up" your cable modem and wireless router?
Check to make sure you have the latest driver for your network card.
Can you ping an ip address? Can you ping the router? Can you connect to the router?
Do you have to contend with a firewall from the National University of Singapore?
Researching more. Let me know about this...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/113193-lan-wired-local-area-connection-unidentified-network-no-internet.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi I'm having a little bit of trouble connecting my computer to a wired internet connection My wireless works but some of the programs I am running require wired connections My Physical connections are pretty weird so I think I'll get that out of the way first I have an AT amp T wireless modem The modem is also connected to a Cisco-Linksys Etherfast -port workgroup switch which allows me connect into any ethernet socket around my house I've tried about different Ethernet cables so I know that isn't the problem I ran LAN No network" Connection Internet Wired Connection: "Unidentified IP Config and it Wired LAN Connection: "Unidentified network" No Internet Connection gave me this readout Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users David Bassily gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MININT- J EH J Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address AC- - - - -DB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address AC- - - - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Wired LAN Connection: "Unidentified network" No Internet Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - - -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E-BC- C- - - - -B - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap D CC -E B- DF -A A - F F C B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap Belkin Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap rlhh snd wayport net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I want to thank everyone who took their time to read this I would be extremely grateful if someone knew the solution EDIT I have McAfee and I disabled McAfee Network Agent This didn't solve the problem

A:Wired LAN Connection: "Unidentified network" No Internet Connection

If you are only using a modem then you would also require a router in order to have multiple DHCP IP addresses, unless maybe you are using a modem/router combo unit.

A switch can't do what a router can, what you really need is modem>router>switch>other machines plugged into router or switch.

From the ipconfig you aren't getting anything from the modem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/297210-wired-lan-connection-unidentified-network-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Jesse gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name JPC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No "Unidentified network", LAN Wired Internet Connection No Connection: WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Physical Address -FF- F- -AE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Address -FF- - -C -DB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description NETGEAR WNA N Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address E - - A- D-FE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dde e a b e db Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday April AM Lease Expires Monday April AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -A -BC- - - C- B-D -ED DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description USB Wireless b g Adaptor Physical Address - - F- - A-C DHCP Wired LAN Connection: "Unidentified network", No Internet Connection Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - C- B-D Wired LAN Connection: "Unidentified network", No Internet Connection -ED DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cd b b a c fbf Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -A -BC- - - C- B-D -ED DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap gateway Wired LAN Connection: "Unidentified network", No Internet Connection wire net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F AE -F - -A - E A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C DB- FBF- C -AD - AF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A D- E - -BDF - AEB A F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Jesse gt A few things to note I've already reset the AT amp T modem multiple times and my attempts were to no avail How this issue came about My internet disconnected for about minutes randomly I suppose and ever since then the wired connection has been quot unidentified quot A few pictures that may help clear things up I am using an Asoka PlugLink for my wired connection it worked for months with no issues It was never bumped I believe it is working fine and not what is causing the issue My laptop has the same issue so the issue is network-sided not computer-sided My wireless internet disconnects every minutes for no apparent reasons the AT amp T technician had no idea what was causing the error Howeve... Read more

A:Wired LAN Connection: "Unidentified network", No Internet Connection

Hi and Welcome to Seven Forums,

Run the Network Troubleshooter tool from your Windows 7 computer.
Using the Network troubleshooter in Windows 7

Update the problematic network adapters drivers to the current version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/227191-wired-lan-connection-unidentified-network-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hey guys I have been using LAN for quite a while However last two weeks it suddenly stopped working I have tried several solutions but none of them worked I don't know what's wrong and looking for help Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated following is ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows System gt access LAN network No Wired network" "Unidentified Connection ipconfig Wired LAN Connection "Unidentified network" No network access all Windows IP Configuration Host Name User-PC Primary Dns Suffix Wired LAN Connection "Unidentified network" No network access Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - -A - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c aa e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F- -E - - F- -A -C -B DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap -A - D- EF- D F CD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows System gt

A:Wired LAN Connection "Unidentified network" No network access

This is ipconfig/all with wifi on.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\System32>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : User-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : uml.edu

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-04-A6-09-8E-52
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c591:34c8:3aa3:7e50%24(Preferred)
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.126.80(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 290718886
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-16-0F-45-E9-74-2F-68-A0-C4-B1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : uml.edu
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Ada
pter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 74-2F-68-A0-C4-B1
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3c33:a20:1b54:45ca%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.248.96.164(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, July 05, 2014 4:11:42 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, July 05, 2014 6:23:58 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.248.96.254
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 129.63.78.250
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 242495336
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-16-0F-45-E9-74-2F-68-A0-C4-B1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 129.63.78.250

Tunnel adapter isatap.uml.edu:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : uml.edu
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 13:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:ccf:ba3e:7ec0:79f(Prefer
red)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::ccf:ba3e:7ec0:79f%17(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{50650130-A669-403D-93EF-12D8F1CD2485}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3

Tunnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
Physical Address. . . ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/336909-wired-lan-connection-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Okay so A couple days ago I tried connecting Wired access Connection "Unidentified No network LAN network" my laptop to the router through a wired connection but I was unable to The connection is displayed as quot Unidentified network No network access quot I've tried numerous solutions but none of them have worked It's all really confusing and I would appreciate assistance in the matter Thanks Here's all the ipconfig stuff Wired LAN Connection "Unidentified network" No network access Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Seagullsushi gt ipconfig all Windows Wired LAN Connection "Unidentified network" No network access IP Configuration Host Name Seagullsushi Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Ralink RT b g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address C -F -DA- C- F- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c be cbff Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F-E -A - - F- - C- -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - F- - C- -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c dd Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe dd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap FB CD -A E- BE- -F B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Seagullsushi gt

A:Wired LAN Connection "Unidentified network" No network access

go into the properties for the local area connection, scroll down to the ipv4, highlight and select properties. Set it to auto obtain an ip address, this will enable the dhcp server settings for the Ethernet connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/248425-wired-lan-connection-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,
I have this unidentified network problem when i'm using a wired connection. Wireless is fine and all but wired no.
Here is a bunch of things i tried:
-Reinstall Driver
-Bonjour service uninstalled, and reinstalled
-enable and disable driver
-Reset router
-Static IP
-Updating driver
-Switching to different routers (Same problem on all routers i tried) Current router: Linksys WRT160N V.1
-Disabled IPv6
-WOL and Shutdown link to 100 Mpbs first
-Also tried different cables
-Giving network address to present with random Letters a-f and numbers 0-9
-Putting only manual DNS
-Tried on different computer still doesnt work
-Wont even work on PS3

So is there anything else i can do? i've tried almost everything. I dont think its my router as i tried different routers. What could it be?

A:Unidentified Network Wired TRIED EVERYTHING

When did this problem start? Were your wired devices previously able to access the network?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/125041-unidentified-network-wired-tried-everything.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I have searched and found much discussion but seems no cures My wired lan Unidentified on network error Lan wired Marvell yukon e will not acquire IP from router If I give it a static ip it connects to the router but still with no network connection I can ping the router and the ip for the adapter but no internet access and it shows unidentified network Unidentified network error on wired Lan The Wifif I have works fine and am using it now This is a Lenovo machine I just acquired Here is what I have done Tried it on three different routers - same Network cable works on two other machines but tried another - same No mcafee and disable firewalls and antivirus - same loaded new drivers from Marvell site - same Flushed IP and dns cache etc - same Have removed and uninstalled network adapter many times - same Put USB network card in and connects fine with that Put data activity monitor on ethernet and see activity to router both ways Reinstalled OS Win Enterprise - same I get a default IP when I Unidentified network error on wired Lan put the card in auto mode and it never negotiates and gets IP from router I have done PC support for many years Unidentified network error on wired Lan but this is only the second time I have seen this I have run out of ides so any help will be greatly appreciated Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380215-unidentified-network-error-wired-lan.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Over the past week, whenever I boot my computer, my network access is listed as limited or inaccessible (the yellow triangle icon) and thus I have no Internet access (I'm cable connected to a router).

So, when I open Network and Sharing Center (I run Windows 7), I notice that, apart from my home network which is 'Joined', there's also an unidentified public network listed as active, which I'm not connected to. I figure that's the one causing the problem, yet I cannot delete it as it is listed as active. The other computers on the router have wireless connections. Does this mean someone is leeching off my interwebz?

Anyway, I can resolve the problem altogether by disabling and re-enabling my Local Area Connection and I return to just being connected to my home network. What I would like to know is how to get rid of the unidentified public network for good.

Relevancy 78.26%

Hello, for the last few days I have had a bit of trouble with my network connection on my laptop. I recently moved up to my college and am now on their network. However, I didn't have this problem at first. But recently if I go to my network connections, there is always a wired connection listed named "Unidentified Network" which has "Limited" access. The problem here is that I am not connected to any wired networks. There is no cable plugged into my computer so I don't understand how this is possible. The only thing I have installed recently is Virtualbox, just in case that could affect it. I don't know how this is happening, but I sure would like to find out! Thanks!

A:Unidentified Wired Network that doesn't exist

Yes the connection is from the Virtual box which has a static IP. You can usually disable the virtual box to keep the extra network from occurring.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30073-unidentified-wired-network-doesnt-exist.html
Relevancy 77.83%

so i've been trying to fix this for the best part of a week now and its finally got the better unidentified network no network wired access of me and i'm resorting to doing the thing no man wants to do and i'm wired unidentified network no network access asking for help My comp just doesnt seem to be able to get a connection through wired unidentified network no network access the ethernet anymore which is considerably faster and more reliable when it does work all i'm getting is unidentified network no network access i have tried running the troubleshooter disabling the wired unidentified network no network access windows firewall and avg but no joy checked the ip is dynamic reset router adapter and pc tried some reset dns catalog command tried ammending the network type and values in the NIC adapter properties none of these worked so i set them all back to what they were before and nothing has made any difference also tried an ip config release and renew but again nothing thanks in advance for your help heres the ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Gumdrops gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Gumdrops-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Edimax EW- PIn Wireless PCI-Express Ad apter Physical Address - F- F-E -CE-AB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c b bb d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- B-A - -BC-AE-C - F-C - A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address BC-AE-C - F-C - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e cb bec d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- B-A - -BC-AE-C - F-C - A DNS Servers fd d e c a ff fe c NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A- - -A E- C F D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BFD -AA B- EC -B -A DFB AA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/394078-wired-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello I looked up this Wireless Local - only/unidentified Solved: problem network connection forum today as I saw it is a great place to get Solved: Wireless connection problem - Local only/unidentified network some help so I thought I d Solved: Wireless connection problem - Local only/unidentified network ask We switched our Solved: Wireless connection problem - Local only/unidentified network internet provider yesterday virginmedia to talktalk and the switch has been easy as pie for everything we have from the xbox to PCs to phones etc but my laptop simply will not do the same It picks up the network but no data comes back It just says unidentified network and local only I ve been fiddling with settings looking up troubleshooting guides looking at youtube help videos and yet I still have the same problem I ve been doing this for about hours now and it s driving me nuts It s a Toshiba laptop and runs vista if that s important I ve also seen that taking an ipconfig all shot and a xirrus screenshot also helps in this situation so i m posting below Please help Thanks for your time ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Rob gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name blahblahblah Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List dlink com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -D - -AE-EE DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c bf cdba f e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-D - C- - E- -A - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix dlink com Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- -A - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d a eabd e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-D - C- - E- -A - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FF D ED- C- - BF- F AB E br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Click to expand Note the top two results above are both our wifi networks we have a repeater upstairs too nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless connection problem - Local only/unidentified network

you have the : Atheros AR5007EG and vista - which have proved problematic - see the solutions below

however , you have a fixed IP on the wireless adapter - although that looks ok if the cable works
change to a dhcp - yes - see how below

If you connect to the router by cable is that working OK

Setup to Automatically get IP and DNS
VISTA
-----
Setup to Automatically get an IP and DNS (DHCP) - for Vista
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-TCP-IP-settings

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007

Over the last couple of years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

Please post a reply here , and keep us informed of the situation and how you finally resolved the issue.

To install the driver you will need to do the following

Extract the downloaded zip file into a folder on the PC
then

For Vista;
> Start Globe
> Control Panel
> System and maintenance
> Scroll down to Device manager
> network adaptors, click on the + &... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection-problem-local-only-unidentified-network.1069076/
Relevancy 76.97%

I'm experiencing a problem with my wireless network. Nothing seems to be able to connect to my wireless network. It seems to have occurred after I installed a new copy of windows 7 onto my sister's desktop. A message appeared saying we have the same ip address. I believe that is the problem. I've tried renewing our ip address on both desktop but it won't give us new ip address for some reason. pls help

A:Solved: Wireless network not Working but wired working (same ip address conflict?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-not-working-but-wired-working-same-ip-address-conflict.1090204/
Relevancy 76.54%

It won t ping Wired Connection working LAN not Solved: and won t connect via LAN wired connection I have some results for some commands below XP service pack - fresh from a repair reinstall Windows firewall is on - also tried it with it off Driver for network card ok It will ping to OK Ipconfig won t work Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Peter Drury gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Destination host unreachable Destination host unreachable Destination host unreachable Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Solved: LAN Wired Connection not working Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Solved: LAN Wired Connection not working Documents and Settings Peter Drury gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Documents and Settings Peter Drury gt nbtstat -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache C Documents and Settings Peter Drury gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration An internal error occurred The system cannot find the file specified Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help Additional information Unable to query host name nbsp

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi everyone My internet connection is provided through the use of a wired LAN connection in my building I recently upgraded my computer and since the upgrade I have been unable to connect to the internet - The network is unidentified and only has limited connectivity I have tried the standard Vista troubleshooting solutions trying to get the IP address automatically resetting network adaptor plus other potential fixes such such as changing Speed amp Duplex of network cards disabling windows firewall security alerts etc installing the latest LAN drivers disabling IPv enabling disabling network discovery changing the network to a private network and so (Wired LAN) Connectivity Limited issue Another Unidentified Network Vista / on I have even purchased a new LAN card to ensure it wasn t a specific hardware problem but this hasn t solved the issue My ipcongig information is as follows I am currently using a borrowed wireless internet card at the moment Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ASUS-QUADCORE Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Another Vista Limited Connectivity / Unidentified Network issue (Wired LAN) Enabled No PPP adapter Telstra Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Telstra Connection Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WAN Driver GPP Physical Address -A -C - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Family PCI Gigabit E thernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - F- B- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - B-FC- - E- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Is there anything that anyone can suggest here This network connection was working fine with Vista no configuration required before I upgraded my computer I ve spent hours looking for a possible fix with no luck so far Any help here would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Another Vista Limited Connectivity / Unidentified Network issue (Wired LAN)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-vista-limited-connectivity-unidentified-network-issue-wired-lan.638369/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hey all So my desktop refuses to connect to the Internet My LAN is showing up in Network Connections knows when the cable is unplugged but I don't have the option to connect to it in drop down [SOLVED] Wired No Network Availability Connection for menus or anything I've checked all the cables against my other machines and they work and connect and all wireless connections work as normal [SOLVED] No Network Availability for Wired Connection All the [SOLVED] No Network Availability for Wired Connection ports on the router work as well I've run troubleshooting and the most it can tell me is that it detects problems I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers downloading with my other comps and switching over Safe Mode with Networking doesn't work either I've tried all the DNS flushing and ipconfig reset and all that and I'm not getting anywhere I'll be happy to try again and paste results though if anyone has any ideas Thanks a ton Here's my ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sockhands Primary [SOLVED] No Network Availability for Wired Connection Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:[SOLVED] No Network Availability for Wired Connection

Hello, and welcome to the forum. Let's start by looking at your hardware:

Please post a screenshot of Device Manager with the Network Adaptor group expanded.

How do I get into Windows Device Manager?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-no-network-availability-for-wired-connection-1011154.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello newbie member here Not too savvy with the computer please bear with me We have a home network with one laptop and one desktop PC Cable modem router Vonage phone and things seemed to be fine months ago we bought a wireless laser printer and installed it Since then our internet - both wired and wireless - is very inconsistent Page hangups are very common Sometimes but not always we can refresh and the page will come up This happens all the time for what seems like - seconds at a time Has made the Vonage phone unusable we can t use Checkpoint to access work computers we get kicked bad and network - wired wireless Solved: connection off can t download large files reliably We took out the printer literally we put it in the garage like Solved: wired and wireless network - bad connection it was possessed but no improvement Replaced the router Replaced the modem Took off our Vonage phone Turned off firewalls Cable company has Solved: wired and wireless network - bad connection repeatedly found nothing wrong with the delivery to the house Nothing has helped What s really strange to me is that this affects the wired laptop as well as the wireless desktop When one is down the other is down when one is working the other is working We re at our wits ends Any guidance that can be provided Solved: wired and wireless network - bad connection is much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

I am networking 7 business computers to allow for sharing large files. The same 7 computers (with one exception) were previously connected wirelessly to each other and to the internet. The wireless network worked succesfully but was too slow. The internet is no longer needed on all but one of the computers and so I have removed the security key for the router from these computers. Yesterday I connected all 7 computers to a gigabit switch with CAT 6 cables and replaced the desktop PCs old ethernet cards with gigabit cards. I think all of the computers have been connected correctly, but I still have zero communication between the computers on the network. Where do I start?

Relevancy 74.82%

I have my internet hooked up to a DSL Modem and a Wireless Wired working ? not but Wireless Connection works Solved: Router But I had Solved: Wireless Connection works but Wired not working ? configured the Wireless Router wrong that I couldn t connect to it using a WiFi I was going to reconfigure it but the Netgear Router was outdated that their reconfiguring URL no longer existed So I went out and got a NEW Netgear Router Prior to the NEW Router I had a Laptop and a PC connected via DSL Cable connected in the Wireless Router Now with the NEW Router I had just purchased I connected everything just like I had done with my previous Router Wireless Connect works great but I can t connected using the DSL Cable connection It does not respond I tried connecting the cables to different ports but it didn t work My PC mainly needs the wired connection cuz it s where I play my Online games I tried playing with my Wireless connect but it lags very bad Can someone help me figure out how to get the wired connections to work Wireless Router Netgear N Wireless and Dual Band Router nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless Connection works but Wired not working ?

how many pcs are connected by wire?

lets see an ipconfig /all with just the cable connected
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection-works-but-wired-not-working.1030548/
Relevancy 74.39%

I ve got Vista Business set up on two machines I Vista? connection wired Trying a Solved: network a set wireless along to single in with up can get them to connect via my wired LAN that I ve setup here without any issues I m using a Linksys WRT GX that i just want to use for wired so I ve turned off the wireless for this On one of the computers I wish to be able to access Solved: Trying to set up a wired network along with a single wireless connection in Vista? the free wireless that is provided by my apartment complex but I wish to do that via my D-Link DWL-G Wireless USB adapter I can connect to the wireless network no problem as long as I m not also connected to my wired network As soon as I plug my ethernet cable from my machine with the wireless adapter into my wired network I lose my wireless connectivity I m sure Windows Vista allows for this type of setup I just can t figure out how to set it up Any ideas pointers etc I can obviously configure the wired network in any way I want but I m limited as far as the wireless goes as it is public I currently have the wired Solved: Trying to set up a wired network along with a single wireless connection in Vista? setup to private Solved: Trying to set up a wired network along with a single wireless connection in Vista? and as I said I have no problems connecting these two I just can t also have the one machine connect wirelessly at the same time Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Trying to set up a wired network along with a single wireless connection in Vista?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trying-to-set-up-a-wired-network-along-with-a-single-wireless-connection-in-vista.635431/
Relevancy 73.53%

I've freshly installed Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit on my system that previously had Ubuntu installed, and prior to ubuntu had win7 ultimate installed. With the fresh install of win7, I receive an unidentified network/no network access issue.

Heres a list of things ive tried:

- reset the network adapter
- restarted the modem and the router
- messed around with homegroup
- reset tcp/ip
- tried connecting to a specific ip/dns/default gateway (which i retrieved with a laptop)
- ip /release /renew although i wasnt successful

Ive tried almost every single thing I could find on google. Nothing works. I connect fine on ubuntu and I connected fine on ultimate.

I havent tried installing drivers though. Because I cannot access the internet on that machine to install those drivers. Help is much much appreciated as I am tired of ubuntu.

Thanks,

j

A:Fresh install of Win7 *unidentified network/no network access*

Welcome to the forums bietzshe,

I don't know much about 7 Enterprise, but I imagine you would need to install the Lan/Network drivers for your Motherboard.
Is your motherboard the P67 FTW? Do you have a driver CD for it? If not then you will need to head over to EVGA - EVGA Download Center find your motherboard from the drop down list and download and install the Network driver there.

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292757-fresh-install-win7-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 73.53%

My home has two computers that are networked Both run WinXP Computer and Computer x x x are both hard-wired to a Linksys router that is connected to the internet cable broadband connection I ve lost connection of to the network and can Solved: WinXP-Home.network-Hard.wired-Lost.Connection t seem to re-connect it I m not very adept at the whole network process and I hope someone might have some Solved: WinXP-Home.network-Hard.wired-Lost.Connection advice I don t connect to the other computer often - just infrequently for mutual backup so I can t say when the connection was lost Two things occurred recently that may have affected the connection Last week contracted a nasty piece of malware - when I realized how much of the registry was affected I had a Symantec analyst log in and remove it I ran Autoruns and checked off a couple start-up processes that weren t necessary none related to Microsoft How can I diagnose the problem Is there a resource I can consult to figure this out nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

For some time now my internet would be fine for 1hour after booting up my computer and then the network would then fail to be recognized. I have followed multiple tutorials on the internet, with countless suggestions, where other people have had the same problem. Some seem to fix the problem for a short time and then it comes back a week later.

Currently I am having to use my phone to connect to the internet.

Any changes I have made to try and fix it I have reversed. Except when I formatted my PC to try and fix it but again was only temp fix.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Willing to remote if needed but do not know how good the connection would be through my phone.

Many Thanks

A:Unidentified Network - No Network Access - Win7 64bit

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would help me to diagnose this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243224-unidentified-network-no-network-access-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 72.67%

hello all i'm new to the forums here because i'm having a baffling problem i just can't seem to fix i recently was using Windows beta and about days ago i switched over Unidentified RC Network Win7 and Win7 RC Unidentified Network did a clean install of Win RC after about a day or of no problems all of a sudden i have an quot quot over my network connection and i can't get on the net I cant even access my router when typing in the IP in the address bar im currently on my laptop and its working fine here's what i have done so far tried uninstalling some programs that i installed after i got win rc un installed avira also disabled windows defender and unplugged my connection and plugged it back in still no go restarted my computer after doint this the connection was fine but i went to work and came back and it was having the same trouble again i just restarted my computer now and it's working fine but im sure it will revert in a few short hours i cant explain why i looked for this quot bonjour quot program people are talking about but couldnt find it not even too sure where to look or what it is i have a netgear router im using brighthouse i went to the cmd and typed in ipconfig all not sure if this will be any use but windows IP configuration IP routing enabled no Wins proxy enabled no node type hybrid theres alot more there one says ethernet adapter local area connection i assume thats what is important here's an interesting note at one point it says Lease Obtained quot Tuesday june Lease expires wednesday june not sure what this means autoconfiguration is enabled it shows tunnel adapter sections any help would be appreciated oh and also under properties of local area connection internet protocol v and v are checked and both are set to obtain address automatically

A:Win7 RC Unidentified Network

Quote: Originally Posted by Renzokucant

hello all, i'm new to the forums here because i'm having a baffling problem i just can't seem to fix. i recently was using Windows 7 beta and about 2 days ago i switched over and did a clean install of Win7RC. after about a day or 2 of no problems all of a sudden i have an "!" over my network connection and i can't get on the net. I cant even access my router when typing in the IP in the address bar. im currently on my laptop and its working fine. here's what i have done so far.

1. tried uninstalling some programs that i installed after i got win7rc, un installed avira, also disabled windows defender and unplugged my connection and plugged it back in, still no go.
2. restarted my computer,, after doint this the connection was fine, but i went to work and came back and it was having the same trouble again. i just restarted my computer now and it's working fine but im sure it will revert in a few short hours. i cant explain why.
3. i looked for this "bonjour" program people are talking about but couldnt find it, not even too sure where to look, or what it is.

i have a netgear router im using brighthouse.
i went to the cmd and typed in ipconfig /all not sure if this will be any use but
windows IP configuration
IP routing enabled..... no
Wins proxy enabled.....no
node type ... hybrid

theres alot more there, one says ethernet adapter local area connection:
i assume thats what is important here's an interesting note. at one point it says,
Lease Obtained..........." Tuesday, june 23, 2009
Lease expires............: wednesday, june 24, 2009
not sure what this means.
autoconfiguration is enabled

it shows 3 tunnel adapter sections

any help would be appreciated

Hi and welcome to SF

Im hoping this is an easy one. I wonder if you have re-booted the computer and the router.
That should help the lease expires note

Lets try thata first then we can delve into it more

Hope this helps

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/14117-win7-rc-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi all for a couple of days I cant connect my other computer to internet it allways said unidentified network I have two computers one laptop working internet and on win7 Unidentified network desktop pc not working I have google it and try many solution but I cant fix the problem This is my ip config all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dragan-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - F- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Unidentified network on win7 D-Link DFE- TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter rev C Physical Address DE-DD- Unidentified network on win7 F-FD- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd cb c b a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F- F-E - - D- - - E- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - F- - C-DD- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A- FC - AD- AFE-A B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A- B- -B D- E F E DA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D - EBE- D - -B E DA A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt if you need any other info I will gladly give P S My internet was working on both computers for a half a year then after some internet provider monthly work it stoped

A:Unidentified network on win7

OK so your wired to the router,

The 169 number on your connection is widows way of saying nothing coming back ie: DHCP not being assigned.

have you another Lan cable that you can use, try using the other Gig Lan that you have. If all fails,

have your laptop next to your desktop and plug the Lan into your laptop and the desktop share your connection on the laptop and see if the laptop gives the desktop a ip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/235419-unidentified-network-win7.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi there I would really appreciate any suggestions for this I unable internet same wireless get network at help, a working Please wired time to and Solved: have searched the internet high and low for a solution I am running Windows xp pro I work as a video editor and where I work we have a wired network sharing video between the different computers at gbps This is on a static IP I also want to use the internet while I am working by connecting to our wireless internet with a wireless adapter via DHCP My problem is if the video network is running my wireless internet constantly goes down every minutes I have found an interesting way to get it to work again is to switch http and http through proxy connections on and Solved: Please help, unable to get a wired network and wireless internet working at same time off until it comes back But after a year of doing this every minutes I AM GETTING REALLY TIRED OF IT Is there any way for me to get these networks working happily at the same time I have read about setting up static ip and dhcp at the same time but when I type in ipconfig all my settings say I am already seem to be running a static ip and dhcp with the wireless wouter Or maybe the sheer volume of the video network will always squeeze out the internet while it is running I am reasonably intelligent and computer literate but no expert any help would be greatly appreciated many thanks Here is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings avidcapture gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Capture Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO MT Network Connect ion Physical Address - - -AE- - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe ff feae Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Primary WINS Server Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASUS USB Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -F - - -CC Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe f ff fe cc Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe f Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address A- - - A Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings avidcapture gt nbsp

A:Solved: Please help, unable to get a wired network and wireless internet working at same time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-please-help-unable-to-get-a-wired-network-and-wireless-internet-working-at-same-time.691805/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello I have a windows xp proxy running squid and another machine with windows bits Ip address of proxy is and win is configured with Hello I have a windows xp proxy with unidentified network proxy Win7 running squid and another machine with windows bits Ip address of proxy is and win is configured with Hello I have a windows xp proxy running squid and another machine with windows bits Ip address of proxy is and win is configured with Microsoft Windows Versi n Copyright c Microsoft Corporation Reservados todos los derechos C Users Turno ma ana gt ipconfig all Configuraci n IP de Windows Nombre de host PROF Sufijo DNS principal Tipo de nodo h brido Enrutamiento IP habilitado no Proxy WINS habilitado no Adaptador de Ethernet Conexi n de rea local Sufijo Win7 unidentified network with proxy DNS espec fico para la conexi n Descripci n Intel R LM- Gigabit Networ k Connection Direcci n f sica - -B - -F - D DHCP habilitado no Configuraci n autom tica habilitada s V nculo direcci n IPv local fe ac a b a d Preferido Direcci n IPv Preferido M scara de subred Puerta de enlace predeterminada IAID DHCPv DUID de cliente DHCPv - - - - -A - -FA- - -B - - C- E Servidores DNS NetBIOS sobre TCP IP habilitado Adaptador de t nel isatap A FFE CE- D - A- BC- ED Estado de los medios medios desconectados Sufijo DNS espec fico para la conexi n Descripci n Adaptador ISATAP de Microsoft Direcci n f sica - - - - - - -E DHCP habilitado no Configuraci n autom tica habilitada s Adaptador de t nel Conexi n de Win7 unidentified network with proxy rea local Estado de los medios medios desconectados Sufijo DNS espec fico para la conexi n Descripci n Adaptador de tunelizaci n Teredo de Microsoft Direcci n f sica - - - - - - -E DHCP habilitado no Configuraci n autom tica habilitada s Adaptador de t nel TO Adapter Sufijo DNS espec fico para la conexi n Descripci n Adaptador to de Microsoft Direcci n f sica - - - - - - -E DHCP habilitado no Configuraci n autom tica habilitada s Direcci n IPv d d Preferido Puerta de enlace predeterminada Servidores DNS NetBIOS sobre TCP IP deshabilitado All works fine My machine can go to Win7 unidentified network with proxy internet but i don't know why network icon shows a admiration symbol and network is unidentified How do i can solve this Thanks

A:Win7 unidentified network with proxy

For the unidentified network problem try following the procedure in this post.

Windows 7 Unidentified Network, Limited Access, No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/62630-win7-unidentified-network-proxy.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi This is my third day struggelig with this problem I've searched around and realize there are to Win7 Vista - unidentified network many with Vista to Win7 - unidentified network the same issue Ever since I migrated to windows I can not get my laptop to connect to the internet The error message is quot Unidentified network quot and when I perform a diagnosis is says quot Local connection does not have a valid IP configuration quot I think I've tried it all with no luck so far I connect directly to the modem with cable I also have dug up an old stationary machine to work with and connected it to the very same network with no problems This is what I've tried Ensure Ip adress and dns are received automatic Restart modem reset button and restart pc swithed cables Tried the rebuild ip stack and winsock commands Checked for the Bonjour program interferrence don't have it typed in ip adress and dns manually deactivate ipv checked the quot do not identify network quot option update nic driver Tried to see if wireless connection works it doesn't typed in the real mac adress and then a fake one getting ip adress from another router turn off firewall disable antivirus Is there a solution to this except reinstalling an old OS The old vista was bit and so was the Win upgrade kit I've read about a possible solution which is to enter a registry key to force dns registration but I don't really grasp it I'm getting desperate and yet more determined to find a solution to this What I'm really hoping for is for someone to say quot Yes this problem was fixed just do this and that quot Thank you

A:Vista to Win7 - unidentified network

Quote: Originally Posted by PeterQ

Hi,
This is my third day struggelig with this problem. I've searched around and realize there are many with the same issue.
Ever since I migrated to windows 7, I can not get my laptop to connect to the internet.

The error message is "Unidentified network" and when I perform a diagnosis is says "Local connection does not have a valid IP configuration".

I think I've tried it all with no luck so far.

I connect directly to the modem with cable. I also have dug up an old stationary machine to work with and connected it to the very same network with no problems.

This is what I've tried:

*Ensure Ip adress and dns are received automatic
*Restart modem, reset button, and restart pc, swithed cables
*Tried the rebuild ip stack and winsock commands
*Checked for the Bonjour program interferrence (don't have it)
*typed in ip adress and dns manually
*deactivate ipv6
*checked the "do not identify network" option
*update nic driver
*Tried to see if wireless connection works (it doesn't)
*typed in the real mac adress.. and then a fake one
*getting ip adress from another router.
*turn off firewall, disable antivirus.

Is there a solution to this except reinstalling an old OS?

The old vista was 32bit and so was the Win7 upgrade kit.

I've read about a possible solution which is to enter a registry key to force dns
registration, but I don't really grasp it.

I'm getting desperate and yet more determined to find a solution to this.
What I'm really hoping for is for someone to say "Yes this problem was fixed, just do this and that.. "

Thank you

Hello PeterQ, and welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Thank you for listing what you have already tried, it will save time. It also tells us you have done some homework! Nice.

There was a missing registry entry in Vista that resulted in an all zeros MAC address, but that was corrected with 7, so unless you did an inplace upgrade from Vista to 7, it is not likely that applies. Please let us know how 7 was installed? "Clean" install? "In-place Upgrade"?

It would be helpful for us to be able to see your 'network' settings. There are several ways to do that. One way is to open a "elevated permission" command prompt (meaning right click on the command prompt icon and "Run as administrator"), then type: ipconfig /all

Then, right click inside the command prompt window and select "select all". Next press "Enter", then in the reply window where you are typing to us, you can paste the ipconfig. You can even edit out any personal info you do not want to appear.

We find pictures are worth a thousand words. Here are some links, if they are of help to you, on adding some to your posts:

Screenshot and Upload using MWSnap

Screenshot with Paint

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html

Cheers!
Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/75366-vista-win7-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi i have recently made hardware changes to one of my computer the build now looks (win7) unidentified network-no network access like this AMD - x - black edition Mobo - M N -VM unidentified network-no network access (win7) I formatted the drive and a fresh install of windows When the computer starts up for the first time all the drivers install properly but in the bottom left i have a message unidentified network-no network access (win7) saying unidentified network - no network access I have searched around online for possible solutions and here is what i have done so far - uninstall network driver and restart computer - made sure my internet protocol V is set to obtain ip automatically - reinstall windows - installing drivers for m n -vm manually I have computers on this router none of which needs the network connection to be set up with setup wizard This computer wont connect though I m all out of ideas as to why Windows IP Configuration Host Name vincent-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - - C-C - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ce cc a d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -C - - - C-C - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B E-DFB - FC -A EB- FB DD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I can see that i don t have a default gateway When i try to make changes to internet protocol of ipv i choose an ip with the same first digits as the other computers in my house and setting the gateway to the same one as the others When i do this it freezes and says not responding nbsp

A:unidentified network-no network access (win7)

Do not start multiple threads on the same topic. You have replies here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-no-network-access-win7.968050/
Relevancy 70.09%

Okay so here's the deal I tried NICs Unidentified install, Clean several Win7 Network, recently built a new computer and proceeded to install Windows Ultimate x After installing the drivers for the built in Realtek NIC the computer connects wired connection to an Unidentified Network which also is set to public and therefor no internet access However from time to time it does say I have internet access but it's not working After hours and hours of googling on the issue and trying many of the solutions posted I thought that it might be something weird with the built in card So I bought a USB powered network-card and installed the drivers Same problem Then Unidentified Network, Clean Win7 install, tried several NICs I Unidentified Network, Clean Win7 install, tried several NICs thought maybe if I tried going wireless So I tested a wireless network USB stick Same problem Unidentified Network, Clean Win7 install, tried several NICs I can see other computers on the network and I can ping them and they can ping me but I can't ping google for example I have spoken to my ISP and they say they can see my computer getting an IP so no problem on their part Things I have tried -Unchecking the ipv -box -Changing the default gateway to some random number -disabling the firewall -no bonjour service as it is a clean install -reseting stacks -changing NIC as I stated -reinstalling Win The other computers on the network both wired and wireless one running win one vista and one OSx are working Submitted is my ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Esmeralda Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List bredbandsbolaget se Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix bredbandsbolaget se Description ASIX AX USB to Fast Ethernet Adap ter Physical Address - -B - E-FE-DF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a fa Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained den augusti Lease Expires den augusti Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EE-DB- - - - -B - D- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap bredbandsbolaget se Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix bredbandsbolaget se Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix bredbandsbolaget se Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c e c Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled

A:Unidentified Network, Clean Win7 install, tried several NICs

Go into device manager and in the view check view hidden devices and in you networking adapter disable the microsoft 6to4 adapter and see if that makes a difference for you please:

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/183984-unidentified-network-clean-win7-install-tried-several-nics.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I am using a wired connection on Vista Ultimate x I ve ascertained that the ethernet cord is not the culprit I have a x xp pro laptop which works fine using the wire It says quot Unidentified Network quot local only when I mouse over click "Unidentified Wired Internet Problems Network" the network tray Icon I believe this is a Wired Internet Problems "Unidentified Network" problem of ip autoconfiguration but I can t seem to turn it off I am using internet supplied on a college campus so I cannot turn off my router and modem for seconds and restart them I have already tried editing the registry at something like HKEY LOCAL MACHINE GUID I added BcastToggle and set it to for both of my ethernet plugs I only use one at a time I have included the ipconfig all from cmd for your consideration any help would be greatly appreciated Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Optimus-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - B- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - B- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B B E- - -B E- CF A C br AE Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D A- CE - DF- B- FE A B br FC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

After much skepticism towards Windows I finally decided to give in and upgrade from Windows before the deadline but much to my dismay I encountered this problem as soon as the new OS finished installing and I was unable to activate the product before the deadline as a result Over the span of these days I've spent no small amount of time sifting through similar issues from others searching for a solution and Unidentified / Connection Network No attempting many of the suggested answers Troubleshooting lead to nothing in all cases I've uninstalled Unidentified Network / No Connection my anti-virus software I've tried using ipconfig release and renew resetting winsock as well as flushing DNS in the command prompt whatever other suggestions barring the seemingly more extreme ones nothing thus far has helped in any way whatsoever I would like not to have to revert back to Windows but has given me little hope in a better solution at this point Anything else that could potentially solve my problems would be much appreciated If there is any additional information I could provide that would be of assistance to that end I'd be more than willing to provide it if able

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57957-unidentified-network-no-connection.html
Relevancy 69.23%

So basically I have had this computer for just over a year now and have never had this problem It is something that has literally started in the last days I turn on my computer everything is working perfectly fine then on average after about minutes my wired connection will have no internet access I've tried testing it to see whether it is certain applications triggering it for example I thought it may be steam or battlenet But regardless after - minutes I will lose my internet access I restored my computer to the last time it worked unidentified keeps My LAN becoming connection after network 30m. an which was the beginning of the week and that has not changed anything I cannot figure out what the problem might be I do use a TP-LINK homeplug for my wired connection I have a of them in total and with all the same thing happened Yet they work for the other computers around the house so I do not think it is that All my wired PC's are working and all wireless devices are remaining connected it is just my computer having this problem I have searched the web and cannot figure it out as there seem to be slightly similar problems but never the exact same problem hence this thread Even though I would consider myself to understand computers to a certain extent basic language would still be appreciated or as My LAN connection keeps becoming an unidentified network after 30m. simple as can be Much Appreciated p s I would just like to point out that I have just restarted my PC again and gone to network and sharing and the active network now has changed from Home Network to a Unidentified Public Network I did not change this at all I am using my laptop as I cannot connect to the forums for the reasons above Below is the ipconfig all from the CMD prompt after it has disconnected C Users Ben gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ben-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WNS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix My LAN connection keeps becoming an unidentified network after 30m. Search List home My LAN connection keeps becoming an unidentified network after 30m. Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C - - -CC-DB- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local Ipv Address fe d c e eef d x preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - - B-C - - -CC-DB- B DNS Servers fec ffff x fec ffff x fec ffff x NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B - B - - - BB A F BF Media State Media Disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Yes UPDATED Command Prompt

A:My LAN connection keeps becoming an unidentified network after 30m.

I would suggest starting with something simple first; mainly try removing all of your network adapters from the system section of the control panel; reboot as windows should tell you to do so; then re-add each of them again; reboot again; and see if that solves the issue. I believe sometimes what happens in windows is that for some reason something can "corrupt" the connection(s) the network adapters use for whatever reason and that could be the cause of this. Before you remove the adapters; be sure to write down what the exact names are of each one so you re-add the correct ones. Try this out and see what happens. If this does not solve things; post back and we can take it from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/344619-my-lan-connection-keeps-becoming-unidentified-network-after-30m.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I had to unplug my netgear router to replace a bad wall receptacle and when I restarted it I got the quot unidentified network no internet access quot I spent most of hours trying to solve why my ethernet connection was not working - resetting the router and typical things including Google searching and finding many references to resetting this and that - downloading this and that - uploading and reinstalling drivers - and nothing worked Finally I run Network Unidentified Connection across a thread on this site with the same problem - the poster then said he checked his cable connection and that was at fault I did the same thing and found that my ethernet cable was at fault and did not show up until I moved the router - dang the moral of the story is as others have said - check the Unidentified Network Connection simple things first Just glad I found the posting that helped me before I called an IT consultant to work on my system

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/61892-unidentified-network-connection.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I hate starting threads this way but believe me I've tried a plethora of solutions and lost half the hair on my head Here's the situation Router Linksys WRT GL - works excellent ISP excellent connection Wi-Fi to router excellent connection Wired connection does not connect I'm on the internet using my Wi-Fi connection right now What happened to bone my connection so hard I switched routers of course I went from a newer LinkSys router WRT N to my older one because the newer one was actually causing major issues Now that I switched routers windows absolutely refuses to delete all recollection of the WRT N in order to refresh all its doo-dads and tables What random commands have I tried These Open cmd exe - WIRED when the only "Unidentified Network" router!!! into Run as Administrator typed ipconfig flushdns - No result typed netsh winsock reset - Rebooted No result typed route delete - No result typed route delete - No result typed netsh int ip reset c resetlog "Unidentified Network" only when WIRED into the router!!! txt - Rebooted No result typed I will give you free bacon if you just work - Result I became hungry No internet though I quit the homegroup - No result I restarted the homegroup - No result I reinstalled ethernet drivers every version "Unidentified Network" only when WIRED into the router!!! build shape and color - No result Disabled the bloody thing and turned on my Wi-Fi adapter - Result YAY internet I'm going insane I'm actually contemplating chewing through my ethernet cable in rage

A:"Unidentified Network" only when WIRED into the router!!!

have you tried this Check to see if you have this little devil in your services list (as in the pic) bonjour service.

If you do, stop it and disable it. It is actually the Bonjour DNS Responder Service, and I believe it is the cause of the "Unidentified Network."

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/167251-unidentified-network-only-when-wired-into-router.html
Relevancy 68.8%

On my laptop I just noticed this appearing when I hover over the Wifi bar indicator in the right hand corner.

I have no way of deleting this connection, I also don't need it nor do I know how it got their in the first place. It also shows up as a Public network. Furthermore, in Network Connections it shows up as TAP - Windows Adapter V9. I can't delete it but I can disable it.

There is no option to remove from the Network and Sharing Centre. Any suggestions on how to delete/remove?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/396164-lan-connection-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a really strange situation today that started after I had to reboot our UTM device and then switch We have a wired network although our modem router is also wireless if needed We don t use the wireless normally After rebooting the UTM and Switch all computers were turned back on again one by one of the were up and running and on the network and internet straight away One PC connected to the LAN but cannot get internet access Our DHCP server is on the UTM Internet (Win7) Network Wired Computer no has on One device and each computer has it s IP address reserved This computer had reserved and it still has that IP address when I do ipconfig It can access all the files on our NAS and all the printers on the network I ran all the ipconfig commands to One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) release renew One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) flushdns I reset winsock and rebooted Still no internet I did a print screen off one of the PCs that is working properly and compared it Apart from the MAC address and other PC specific items I could see no difference So I put a wireless dongle on it to see if it would connect the the internet on wireless It worked I had internet but no LAN other than to the wireless router So I thought there must be a problem with the NIC I went to the local PC store and bought a new NIC card and installed it I disabled the old one and connected the network cable to the new one No difference If I enable the NIC card I have LAN but no internet if I enable the wireless dongle I have internet but no LAN I need both I cannot figure out what has changed on this ONE PC that was working fine until today Oh one other thing I tried that didn t work I connected a brand new Ethernet cable directly from the modem router to the PC So this bypassed the UTM device and Switch Still no wired internet nbsp

A:One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7)

Try these

ping 8.8.8.8
nslookup google.com
ping techspot.com
(1) shows packets going to google's dns
(2) shows you can convert name to ip address
(3) shows access to our site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-on-wired-network-has-no-internet-win7.193364/
Relevancy 68.37%

I am running Windows 7 as my primary OS via wireless on my laptop, and I have a server pc setup and wired to my router which is running DD-WRT.

In my router config I see both computers but I can't see either on my network, and I haven't the slightest clue why. Could anyone out there help me?

A:Win7 Wireless PC Doesnt See Wired XP on Network

Ok, I tried to ping from my Win7 PC to the xp pc via cmd prompt and it said destination host is unreachable.... I really need to get this server up and running. Anyone have any ideas? They both are on the same workgroup, etc... and I disable ipv6 on my network adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/3123-win7-wireless-pc-doesnt-see-wired-xp-network.html
Relevancy 68.37%

one of my 5 toshiba laptops is stubbornly holding onto "unidentified network" with the "public icon" while the rest are obediently complying with "my-network" name with "work icon." can anyone please help fix this single laptop. i want to update it but can't connect to the internet with its current settings. i've tried manually inputting IP numbers parallel to the other connected laptops, but it still not connected properly.

please help.

God Bless,

A:unidentified network - WPA2 wi-fi connection

Hello,

Can you please provide an ipconfig/all output for review?

Have you tried removing all the wireless profiles stored or SSIDs then reconnect again to the desired SSID with the correct pass-phrase?
Also, what type of Security or AV software do you have installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/252389-unidentified-network-wpa2-wi-fi-connection.html
Relevancy 68.37%

HELP!!!!!

I have installed Win 7 - Build 7100

It worked for 2 hrs and since then all I get is the network icon in the bottom right with the yellow triangle. It states unidentified network - no internet access.

How can I cure this.....

It is a NVIDIA Network controller on a ASUS Striker II Extreme board.

A:LAN connection - Unidentified Network - No Internet

I have the same problem here on a Dell Dimension E520 with an Intel 82562V Gigabit card, but try this: right-click on the network connection icon in the system tray and choose Open Network and Sharing Center. Near the top of the left hand pane, click Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your network adapter and click Disable. After it's finished disabling, right-click it again and click Enable. That seems to clear up the problem here, although I have to go through the same process whenever I reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/9473-lan-connection-unidentified-network-no-internet.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a laptop running vista home premium For some reason the laptop display unidentified network I have macafee antivirus on my laptop But my friends can connect without any ) (wifi network connection Unidentified problems Steps tried BE broadband as me to set the TCP IP address and I have tried that as well but it didnt work I have tried the steps on this website http support microsoft com kb to change in registry I really dont understand why Unidentified network connection (wifi ) this issue is taking place I have added a log file of all the programs on my system please do let me know what can solve the issue Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise shstat exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files Creative Creative Live Cam Live Cam Manager CTLCMgr exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTSched exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exe C Microtend HijackThis exe O - Service RoxMediaDB - Sonic Solutions - C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxMediaDB exe O - Service stllssvr - MicroVision Development Inc - C Program Files Common Files SureThing Shared stllssvr exe O - Service XAudioService - Conexant Systems Inc - C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe -- End of file - bytes nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all I'm yet another victim of the unidentified network Windows bug I've had my Surface Pro for two weeks now and ethernet has never worked through my docking station Originally I thought it was a surface thing but apparently all Windows users are confronted by it at some stage These are my results for ipconfig all C WINDOWS system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DESKTOP-I I ODS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List telenet be Wireless LAN adapter LAN-verbinding Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address B -AE- B-D - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter connection: network' Ethernet 'unidentified Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Surface Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - -A - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a f f Ethernet connection: 'unidentified network' b d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- A-BE- D- - -A - - E- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix telenet be Description Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller Physical Address B -AE- B-D - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c ab bb c e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- A-BE- D- - -A - - E- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap telenet be Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix telenet be Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FCBE E E- - FAD-BAD - C A AD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes The media disconnected message has no particular meaning as my network adapter detects an ethernet plug It simply cannot be identified Troubleshooting gives me the following message quot ethernet quot does not have a valid IP configuration I checked multiple times and the IP and DNS addresses are set to automatic Things that didn't help ipconfig release and ipconfig renewdisabling and reenabling the ethernet adapterresetting winsockresetting ipv and ipv reinstalling the ethernet adapter Incredibly frustrating stuff Thanks in advance Simon

A:Ethernet connection: 'unidentified network'

Your #1 item of "ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew" is in error which may explain seeing no change, it should be ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew, the space before the slash / is required.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41301-ethernet-connection-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 68.37%

My computer will not connect to the internet This has happened before and in the past I noticed that the time and date had reverted to factory settings So I changed it and I was able to access the internet That was Sunday night However the next morning I tried to use my internet and there was a little yellow triangle symbol with an exclamation mark I tried the usual things reboot the computer disconnecting Network" No - "Unidentified Connection Internet and reconnecting and was having no luck I then tried turning off the router and turning it back on "Unidentified Network" - No Internet Connection with no success I "Unidentified Network" - No Internet Connection deduced that it was something wrong with my computer not the network as I was connecting fine to the wireless from my phone I started looking for solutions online When accessing the Control Panel and looking at Network and Sharing I could see the wireless signal strength was excellent but for some reason it was reading as an unidentified network When observing the properties of this network I saw that it said Ipv Connectivity was labeled as limited as was Ipv Connectivity In the Device Manager under Network adapters there was a listing called Microsoft to and it was not working properly I uninstalled it and reinstalled it It is now working properly but is hidden and there was no change All drivers are up to date I also attempted to uninstall and reinstall The Netgear application but that also did nothing I tried nearly all the solutions provided by this site http helpdeskgeek com windows- fix-unidentified-network-and-no-network-access-in-windows- with no success I tried resetting the TCP IP in a command prompt but received an error message when attempting to input netsh int ipv reset reset logI have a Hp w using Windows Vista My wireless device is NETGEAR WPN Smart Wizard I am very frustrated and any help would be very welcome

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632359/unidentified-network-no-internet-connection/
Relevancy 68.37%

Help! I have the same issue as yoshikins.

I am also running Vista with Avast and 3 days ago it just stopped connecting to the internet and told me there is an unidentified network / local area connection only

I have actually restored to a point a long time back now, before I had avast and the problem still persists.

In device manager I have the 6to4 adapter with a yellow triangle next to it with an exclamation mark. Not sure if this is relevant as many posts I've seen elsewhere seem to say that you can ignore that, as the 6to4 is not what is used in connecting to the internet

I am at an absolute loss as to what has happened and how to fix it. I am on the verge of throwing the cpu out of the window! Please help!!

Thanks

Relevancy 68.37%

I have windows vista home premium 64 bit with serivce pack 2. The other night i installed a windows update and then my internet connection started showing as an unidentified network with 0 internet connectivity. The router it is hooked up to is working fine for other computers allowing them full access to the internet. Did a system restore thinking it was the update but that did nothing.
Thanks

Relevancy 68.37%

I have just assembled internet network, no unidentified connection a new computer Windows Professional -bit OEM Asus unidentified network, no internet connection P P D EVO Intel i - x GSkill GB DDR F - ram Sapphire HD Rosewill w x WD GB HDD After a fresh install of Windows Professional -bit I installed the chipset drivers including the LAN driver which came with the motherboard from the supplied disk I get a green light at the LAN port of the motherboard The device driver lists the LAN port as a Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller I am connected to a Linksys router by unidentified network, no internet connection a ' LAN cord which is good confirmed the cord works I have three other unidentified network, no internet connection computers connected and working with the router I had this same problem with a GA P -UD P I did a fresh install of Windows with no connection to the internet I also did a fresh installed Windows XP Home w SP and could not get a connection I'm wondering whether the P chip has something going on I have tried setting the speed of the port to mbps and full duplex - no help I tried turning off Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv no help Strangely neither the Gigabyte board nor this Asus P P D EVO board with two different OS one at a time are unable to connect to the internet Thanks in advance for your helpful advice Frustration is in control here

A:unidentified network, no internet connection

Updated the BIOS from version 0209 to version 0711 which is dated 09/24/2009. Still no connection.

Seems like either the router is not compatible with the P55 motherboards, or I got two bad boards in a row from two different manufactures. More likely the router is not compatible.

I posted the wrong manufacturer of the router above. It is a D-Link DGL-4300 router.

Wish I had been able to edit the above posts for errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unidentified-network-no-internet-connection-429291.html
Relevancy 67.94%

First of all I would like to thank TerryNet for helping me out with my wifi hotspot wap problems I truly appreciate all the help sir specially being out here in Iraq not having anyone to turn to Anyway Solved: Win7 network connection problem Unknown I m back with a Solved: Unknown Win7 network connection problem new Win problem and a weird one at that I don t quite understand it myself Yesterday I suddenly lost connection at work I connect to the internet via a usb connection to a satellite phone At first I thought It was just the network since it s terrible anyway but when I Solved: Unknown Win7 network connection problem looked at the sat phone it s showing I m connected tx rx The weird part was when I went home I couldn t connect to my wap either I tried renewing and releasing my IP but every time I open the browser it just won t log on to the ISP Both physical and wireless connections were inoperative So I went to windows restore and picked a backup before a critical update When it was done I have WAP access again and this morning I was able to access the internet again through my sat phone I m confused could someone please explain what s going on Was it the critical update nbsp

A:Solved: Unknown Win7 network connection problem

I'm confused.. could someone please explain what's going on? Was it the critical update?Click to expand...

some updates can do that , and often re-installing the updates solves the issue. OR just allowing the updates to redo will then work

i would make a restore point now on the PC so you can go back to a known working condition

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unknown-win7-network-connection-problem.985498/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi all This one's been driving me crazy since Wired connection Win7 long - problem to connect time broadband - Ult I switched to Win Ultimate My system Asus H -Pro mobo GB Ram Intel i - Core i CPU Asus HD GB Wired broadband connection problem - Win7 Ult - long time to connect Silent GDDR PCI-E HDCP VGA DVI HDMI Video Card Netgear DGN Wireless-N Router with Built-in ADSL Modem ports Standard garden-variety network card I installed Wired broadband connection problem - Win7 Ult - long time to connect W from scratch on SSD Problem System Wired broadband connection problem - Win7 Ult - long time to connect connects to internet eventually It can take up to to mins from boot-to-desktop until I can access a website Ditto with email During this time the network tray icon has a yellow and the Network and Sharing Center shows a red X between the Network and Internet icons Then suddenly both change to an OK state but there is still a delay of up to minute before I can see a website My network setup is basic PC gt DGN gt Internet I've been through whatever I can think of and my network properties appear ok Been in touch with my ISP and everything appears ok at their end Very grateful for any suggestions Thanks

A:Wired broadband connection problem - Win7 Ult - long time to connect

Hello,

Try performing Clean Boot, see if it helps.

If not, boot on Safe Mode with Networking, see if you can replicate your issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/341473-wired-broadband-connection-problem-win7-ult-long-time-connect.html
Relevancy 67.51%

well i recently reinstalled windows and it said Unidentified Network No Internet Access Im connected to the internet but it still gives me that error i have tried disabling Unidentified no type connection Access Network and re-enabling it uninstall and reinstalling the driver update Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Kalon gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kalon-PC Primary Unidentified Network Access type no connection Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet Unidentified Network Access type no connection adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V Network Connection Physical Address - - -D -EF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f e d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -E - - - - -D -EF- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap F FF - E- C- EB - F F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I hope someone can help me with this thanks nbsp

A:Unidentified Network Access type no connection

whats the make and model of the router/modem you have
anything else connected to it and working

what firewall do you have or have you had on the machine in the past

can we see a screen shot from device manager

{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-access-type-no-connection.965200/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have looked through many many sites trying to find this out I ve had this problem since yesterday Yesterday while normally browsing having normal temperatures My computer just turned network/ only vista! connection local for Unidentified off by itself It wouldn t turn on for a few minutes then it finally did I turned it on and the light on the power button was yellow usually not like that and the fan of my GPU was very loud Nothing was showing on my screen so I just turned it off Then I turned it on and it booted normally and I logged in I tried to access the internet but it wouldn t work I checked the connection and it says it s an unidentified network and could only connect locally I could connect to my router on the browser but Unidentified network/ local only connection for vista! not the internet I ve tried many solutions but they wouldn t work By the way I have Vista sp Desktop The following is from ipconfig Unidentified network/ local only connection for vista! all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DELL-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Win Adapter V Physical Address -FF- E- -CA-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom n Network Adapter Physical Address - - D- B-CC- F DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cfb b d df Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-E - - C- - A-A - - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - A-A - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E C C- D- C-BD A-A A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello this is my first time ever on the quot World Wide Web quot to ask for computer Connection) Internet (Unidentified No Network New Mainboard, related help of any New Mainboard, No Internet (Unidentified Network Connection) kind Well I now have a problem I just bought a brand new quot MSI GTM-E quot Main-board to upgrade in my computer I put the quot jewel quot into the computer case reinstalled the latest legit version of Windows X and installed all drivers for all chip sets graphics the whole shiz and combootle Before on my old computer I was able to connect to the internet I did have Windows on the old computer also Now it says it tries to connect and there is an Unidentified Network and is not able to connect to the internet DAMN I have looked on Google for many tips Nothing has worked I don t dare contact customer support because they will keep saying go to the main-board company go to your ip server company go to your OS company NO WAY I AM GOING TO I have a DSL Modem connected to a Switch that can go to computers We only have Computers and the rest all work fine I have tried disabling the plug and re inabling Ive tried reinstalling the drivers Ive reset everything Nothing works So below is the specs of my computer and if there is a way I have screen shots of what there is Thank you and I hope I can resolve this Have a good day p s I have tried connecting directly to the modem also i found how to add pics so p s s Also I have been able to connect to a time warren cable system at my parents house and it worked fine ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name ANDREW-PC Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build win rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD System Model MS- BIOS Default System BIOS Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ATI Radeon HD Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor x B DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV B amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model DIGITAL Monitor Id MST Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name atiumd dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B EE -D F - CF-AD - A A C C Vendor ID x Device ID x B SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag R X ci ven amp dev b amp subsys Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess S... Read more

Relevancy 67.51%

Hey, so just this morning i disconnected all of a sudden, and now i can't connect to the internet with my ethernet cable, my wireless connection is fine though...I've been searching for solutions but nothing has worked so far, i really have no idea what to do.

A:Local Area Connection - Unidentified Network.

Quote: Originally Posted by Omar1995

Hey, so just this morning i disconnected all of a sudden, and now i can't connect to the internet with my ethernet cable, my wireless connection is fine though...I've been searching for solutions but nothing has worked so far, i really have no idea what to do.

Have you tried restarting your computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/264167-local-area-connection-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 67.51%

As said this randomly appears i have my "Network2" which connects to the internet then randomly. It's an Unidentified network. It connects for me and it also has problems when i'm playing an MMO b/c the server notices that something changed and disconnects me which is very annoying attached is a screenshot of this issue. Also the fix from m$ that most people show doesn't work as for some reason i don't have teh GUID key.

A:Unidentified Network Local and Internet connection

click on customise on the unidentified network, set it to private and your problem will be solved, only thing is, you need to do this everytime you start the connection.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/215852-unidentified-network-local-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi guys, I am having trouble with ICS on win 8. On my old laptop (win xp) I used to be able to share my 3Connect dongle internet to connect to Xbox live. I recently got a new laptop with win 8 and whenever I share this internet connection I can never connect on my Xbox (the network to internet part fails). When everything is connected up and shared the Ethernet says 'Unidentified Network' which i believe is the cause of the problem. I've read i may require a driver update but i cannot seem to find one.

My Laptop:
Toshiba Satellite C855-29N

So can anyone help me with what to do, maybe i am not setting up the connection sharing properly? or can someone please point me in the right direction to solving the 'unidentified network' problem?

Thanks, Graav.

A:Internet Connection Sharing - 'Unidentified Network'

As you found out ICS isn't working quite right in Windows 8, it appears as if you need to make adjustments in the services of Windows 8 in order to getting it working correctly.

I will point you to another post where this problem has already been solved.

Internet sharing LAN

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/24161-internet-connection-sharing-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey,
I have a problem. My Computer has been working perfectly fine, the connection super and the network perfect. But for some reason I go to sleep everything's fine and now zilch. It say's im connected to my network but that it's unidentified and I can't get on to my Internet. It's just that computer though, everything else like this laptop can connect to the network and the internet. No changes were made so i'm really not sure what has caused this. Nothings new either. My signal strength is excellent as well. Password Protected sharing has been off, has this compromised me? Any Ideas about what i can do?

Relevancy 67.51%

So, just a couple of days ago i started having problems with my internet, I can't seem to connect via an ethernet cable (wireless works fine though) I've tried loads of methods I've found online but nothing seems to work, any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

A:Local Area Connection - Unidentified Network.

can we see an ipconfig /all and a device manager screen shot please
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen, menu on the left hand side

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

if the above does not work then -

Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the Start Orb > In the Start Search box type > device manager and then press enter
or
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

Windows 8
If you happen to be using a keyboard with Windows 8, the quickest way to open Device Manager is via its shortcut on the Power User Menu, accessible by pressing the WINDOW and the X keys together.
If on a touch screen - have a read here http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/device-manager-windows-8.htm

once you are in device manager then

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X

post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
----
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-unidentified-network.1076654/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello there; My windows 7 computer was connected to my home's wireless network yesterday perfectly normally. I drove last night to my mother's house and proceeded to connect to her own wifi router wirelessly. Although my sister's computer that's on windows 7 connects ably, and both our iPhones connect, my computer will not. My computer finds the network( it is unsecured without a password if that makes a difference ) connects, receives an ipv4 address in ipconfig, yet does not obtain Internet access. It labels the network as an "unidentified network". If you do know how to fix this problem, please let me know; I will be forever in your debt.

Ipconfig /release tells me "The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation." Despite having run CMD as an administrator.

A:Unidentified Network Error on working network

You just need to re-identify the network with windows.

Last time you may have checked the bx at the bottom by mistake.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/199070-unidentified-network-error-working-network.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I just got an Acer Predator. I transferred settings from XP using Windows Easy Transfer. The Internet connection was working perfectly. I installed Comodo Firewall, Avira AntiVir and ThreatFire. Then it could not connect. I plug the Ethernet cable into the XP computer and it connects no problem.

I tried a system restore and it didn't fix it. I am running a thorough AviraAntiVir scan now on the Windows 7 system.

I don't want to assume it is a virus, but the system was unprotected until I got the three security applications installed. I did also see some Comodo warnings and I approved going ahead because the security apps were installing at the time.

What do you suggest?

A:Unidentified network no Internet connection after install security s/w

Welcome to the forum geercom...First, go into the ipv4 properties for your adapter. Add the default gateway address in the advanced button. If you can get online, go to malwarebytes.org, download and run the free version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263684-unidentified-network-no-internet-connection-after-install-security-s-w.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello,

I apologize for my English as it is not my native speech.

So I encountered a problem. I connected my internet cable to PS3, and after about 10 minutes connected it back to my PC and it shows me the problem: Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration and Unidentified network. It wasn't the first time I connected my internet cable to PS3, though I had the same problem in the past, I just did what was written in troubleshooting and it helped, but not this time. There was no internet connection on PS3 also. I read a lot of solutions, but it didn't help so I thought maybe someone could help. Please write if you need some additional info, as I am not very tech savvy. Thank you in advance.

P.S. 1)Wireless is working fine. 2) My internet is not connected through router.

A:Unidentified network and Local Area Connection problems

Try unplugging the modem for 30 seconds then pug it back in and connect your cable to your PC. A lot of time with modems its registered by MAC addresses. This is why its a good idea to get a router (The MAC address will never change).

If its still not working after that you might have to call your ISP and let them reset it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279909-unidentified-network-local-area-connection-problems.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey guys,
todays been a frustrating day. i am running win 7 and my LAC says "unidentified connection" no internet access. i can still connect wireless to other connection. i've searched online tried all kinds of things but they don't work. i am running comcast broadband connection through a marvel yukon ethernet. any ideas would be greatly apreciated. this is very important. i can't get my work done from home anymore!

thanks
nik

A:Unidentified Network-no access to local area connection

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Windows IP Configuration

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : TRENDnet
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::cd60:97c9:f106:e75%12
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.110
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.1

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : hsd1.mi.comcast.net.
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::b81e:d21b:cabf:1755%11
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 71.227.81.255
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.248.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 71.227.80.1

Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft 6To4 Adapter:

Tunnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter:

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 14:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 21:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 17:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 20:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 23:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 24:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 25:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 13:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 18:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 28:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 15:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 27:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 16:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 29:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 30:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 32:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 31:

Connection-specific ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220689-unidentified-network-no-access-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I just returned home from college and am unable to connect my computer Windows Home Premium -bit custom build to the home network via ethernet My computer attempts to identify the network for a while then gives me the yellow error triangle that usually indicates the modem Toshiba PCX needs to be reset I was previously connected to a college network also via ethernet I have not been on this home network in four months but to my knowledge it has not changed Other computers are able to connect using the same modem router NETGEAR DS ports Network, Connection No on Unidentified Internet Ethernet Access and the same cable I have reset the modem multiple times and I have also tried multiple cables and ports so Unidentified Network, No Internet Access on Ethernet Connection the problem definitely seems to be on my end I have unchecked IPv disabled my firewall and uninstalled Bonjour ipconfig all gives the following information Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Netlink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address BC- F-F -AD- -EC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D - D B- F- F F- BF AC E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ipconfig release does not seem to work it gives exactly the same output as ipconfig ipconfig renew gets stuck after outputting the first line and I have to kill it with Ctrl C

A:Unidentified Network, No Internet Access on Ethernet Connection

If you can't constantly perform the ipconfig/all then you have bigger problems besides Networking.

I suggest you run the sfc /scannow command in an elevated command prompt and see what it says.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/315867-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-ethernet-connection.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey guys I ve been trying for days already to fix this issue and working Unidentified - network! not Internet I come here with bright hopes you guys an help me I ve tried everything on other sites - resetting modem uninstalling reinstalling drivers disabling enabling drivers tried in safemode with networking internet doesn t work either system restore isn t working for some reason Also I ve scanned with spyware doctor avast ad-aware malwarebytes and superantispyware and they removed some viruses - now they can t find anymore I also get this message when I try to open malwarebytes now quot there is not enough free memory to run this program Exit one or more programs and then try again quot which is weird because avast is the only program running Could it still be viruses malware First off I am using a laptop and cable broadband internet The problem is on the bottom right corner i get the computer icon with Internet not working - Unidentified network! the exclamation mark When I left click it it says I m connected to quot unidentified network - no internet access quot Now this is weird because I ve always been able to connect All other computers on the router are able to connect fine and even when I put my brothers computer on the same cable as mine it still works as it says quot network quot not quot unidentified network quot I got an ipconfig all for you guys also attached as file Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Winston gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Winston-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Generic Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigab it Ethernet Controller Physical Address - F- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe db eb fdb f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -F - - - - F- - - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C- B-D - C- C-DE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address C- B-D - C- C-DE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BBAF E-BEC - AA -BD - F B C D C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C F- - D - D F- FE EF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BF A-C D- E C-ACD - F D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Winston gt Please help me get my internet back - I have an exam on Monday and Wednesday and internet on my personal computer would be very nice I will gratefully donate like to whoever can help get my internet back Thanks guys nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

There was a thunderstorm working Wired not connection yesterday and my power shut off for a moment I heard a loud pop from my computer as it shut off and am fearful Wired connection not working that something went wrong Today I noticed that my network access was really slow and it seems that my computer is using wireless and not the wired connection i normally use It is showing up as quot unidentified netowrk quot with quot No network access quot checking the properties on it I have packets sent I have a Wired connection not working static ip address and so i disabled this to see if it is something with that Now i get a default x x and have no gateway I have run the windows troubleshooter reset the router reset the computer replaced the network cable changed ports on the router ipconfig release renew netsh winsock reset forced a valid static ip again Note that the wireless is still working fine for all devices but i cant get the wired connection working at all Please help IP config since I know you will ask C Users anon gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Akuma-DPC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address FC-AA- - C-F -DD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - C-A - - F-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - C-A - - F-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd f d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday April PM Lease Expires Tuesday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- F-E - - - - - B- A-FE DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BDBA -AE - B -AAB -CFC B FF CE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CBC E - AC - E -A -F BA B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Wired connection not working

hi do you have the yellow and green lights flashing next to the Ethernet port?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/367097-wired-connection-not-working.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Although it says it is connected to Local and the Internet, nothing loads on a browser or connects for updates. The wireless works (Although one site cannot be accessed since this problem started), and I've reset the computer and router/modem.
Custom build

I'll get the results of ipconfig/all up in a bit.

Thanks!

Relevancy 66.22%

Hey I need help on my computer so I have a Windows Home Premium desktop and I connection not working Wired upgraded it to windows pro then downgraded to Windows Home Premium using the disk in the original box When I upgraded to Windows PRO the internet is still working When I downgraded to Wired connection not working Windows Home Premium the internet stopped working I have Prolink H N PLDTMYDSL I am running on a x Windows Home Premium desktop I have a wired connection Ethernet cable not blinking orange but the green light is on I am using a DSL Local Area Connection Home Network Realtek Wired connection not working PCIe GBE Family Controller I did not installed any antivirus because my internet is not working I cannot do ipconfig all because I do not have my internet But I can show you my IPCONFIG ALL in our old wired computer that has internet access Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sith Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain name Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain name Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address xxx Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday June AM Lease Expires Tuesday July AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled I have removed from what I think is important to save our privacy like Link-local IPv Address DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID Physical Address And of course blocked the three numbers in IPV Address If these stuff are not important and you need it to help me please let me know NOTE I posted this on our old wired computer that has internet access I'm trying to fix our other computers internet NOTE If you need more information about it let me know and tell me what do you need Thanks in advance -Cris EDIT I might not be able to see all the comments due to school and stuff Sorry in advance

A:Wired connection not working

Cris1,

You do not need internet to do an IPCONFIG /ALL, just a command prompt.

There is nothing that violates your privacy on the resulting output.

With all due respect, posting the output of a computer that doesn't have a problem, doesn't really help us help you.

We're going to need that info from you. Please post an ipconfig /all from your computer.

You might also want to ensure the drivers are up to date, the cable is not faulty (swap with the one on the other computer that is working).

If you are not getting a link light then it's not seeing your modem/router at all.

thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/336092-wired-connection-not-working.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello everybody.

In my seek to solve my problem i've stumble upon your forum, and I hope you guys will be able to help me solve it.
After switching internet provider I've not been able to connect to the internet on my desktop computer. The change in internet provider also meant a change in my router. This is now a Netgear CG3000.

My laptop has no problems what so ever, however it runs through the wireless (I've tried to plug in the network cable into it at and also works fine).

My network adaptor is: Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P).
I've tried to update the drivers on my desktop without any result. I've tried to reinstall the network adapter without any result. And so on.

I hope you can look past my Windows language being Danish.

I look forward to hear you what you might think can solve this problem.

A:Unidentified Network, No internet connection when running LAN Vista 64bit

If you go to Control Panel, Network and Sharing, does the graphic show a red X between the Network and the Internet? If so, try clicking on the Internet globe.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/301568-unidentified-network-no-internet-connection-when-running-lan-vista-64bit.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello everybody.

In my seek to solve my problem i've stumble upon your forum, and I hope you guys will be able to help me solve it.
After switching internet provider I've not been able to connect to the internet on my desktop computer. The change in internet provider also meant a change in my router. This is now a Netgear CG3000.

My laptop has no problems what so ever, however it runs through the wireless (I've tried to plug in the network cable into it at and also works fine).

My network adaptor is: Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P).
I've tried to update the drivers on my desktop without any result. I've tried to reinstall the network adapter without any result. And so on.

I hope you can look past my Windows language being Danish.

I look forward to hear you what you might think can solve this problem.

A:Unidentified Network, No internet connection when running LAN Vista 64bit

It seems that you have a bad ethernet card basing on the Physical Address (00-00) of your ipconfig report.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-no-internet-connection-when-running-lan-vista-64bit.1112580/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi i have one bothersome problem with Windows and also Vista ok i have laptops one running Windows -bit and the other Vista -bit for some reason out of the blue both machines stopped getting access to the net and i have this ongoing message saying quot Limited Access No Connection quot and or quot Unidentified Network quot with the wireless with Network/Limited Connection issue Unidentified or No Access Windows 7 connections the strainge thing is both laptop sees my router but it would not connect NOW i have other laptops my old Compaq Presario V and a Dell Insparion D both Running Windows XP Pro and they connect to the router and my mom s Dell Mini running Unidentified Network/Limited Access or No Connection issue with Windows 7 Windows -bit that too connects to the router i ve tried every method possible even googled solutions to find a way to Unidentified Network/Limited Access or No Connection issue with Windows 7 fix the problem but to no avail since i have yet to a straight answer to fix it BTW i dont know if it has to do with teh fact that the laptops are running a -bit operating system and theres some incompatibility somewhere i mean im bout on the verge of giving up on fixing this and just wipe em both out and do a full re-installation as a last resort any pointers of how to quot properly quot fix this network issue nbsp

A:Unidentified Network/Limited Access or No Connection issue with Windows 7

Hi Shadow,
I had a very similar issue when reinstalling xp pro onto a oldish laptop, again as with you my laptop could see my router but not connect, (a yellow triangle icon)

This is what I had to do perhaps/ I hope, it will work for you.

First I found a bit of free software that does not install but when run will give you all the info you need to know about your laptop, sorry was a while ago just google there is more than one.

This will let you know the exact wireless card you have in your system, then and it took me a bit of time to google and find the right one, download the latest driver for the wireless card.

Now I could connect by plugging a cable in and downloaded the update directly to the laptop in mention, however after running it it still did not work, so for some strange reason I re-downloaded it from another computer, copied it onto a pen drive and ran it from there and it worked.

Finding the correct driver can be a little tireless wading through the oh download and pay for my brilliant driver updater software, but somewhere in the middle of all that crap will be a genuine driver you need.

another option is go direct to the laptop manufacturers website and check if they have the driver's.

Worth a try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-limited-access-or-no-connection-issue-with-windows-7.961935/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a group of Windows PCs on a VLAN that get all correct DHCP addressing including IP Gateway Subnet DNS Suffix ETC but they do not get a domain connection they get a public connection This is only happening reverting finding public Connection to unidentified network domain, not to Connection not finding domain, reverting to public unidentified network random PCs some connect while others will just not and get public everytime I have had others eventually connect for no apparent reason so i am trying to find the root cause They are Connection not finding domain, reverting to public unidentified network all DHCP clients and they only work for sure if I static the addresses with the same info except put them on the non DHCP VLAN Any ideas or areas to start troubleshooting I know the addressing information is right and the routing is correct because the phones works regardless and the printers worked static'd It just is an issue with a few random Windows Domain Clients on DHCP that keep getting public network unidentified Please help They have the correct DNS Suffix as well yet still do not find Domain Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/782a298d-e045-4b9b-9a14-af3362dff372/connection-not-finding-domain-reverting-to-public-unidentified-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 66.22%

Everything was working fine for a few weeks now it just refuses to connect I ve tried Internet stopped working, unidentified network MULTIPLE fixes for this problem but just cant seem to get it back and running again Im using a Linksys Wireless Gaming WGA G Ver which has always worked in the past amp was originally working on the PC until it randomly stopped All my other devices PC s can connect just fine I have a Netgear Router amp A Motorolla Modem both up to date PLEASE HELP THIS IS FRUSTRATING I ve tried -Resetting Router Modem Multiple Times -Changing Router Frequency from to -Changing MAC Address -Deleted Norton Antivirus -Deleted Bonjour -Tried Windows Repair -Tried System Restore to when it worked Nothing seems to be working Heres my ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Frostymcburg-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Internet stopped working, unidentified network Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R DC- Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address - F-E - - B-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ef ab ad e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- B- A- - F-E - - B-A DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D - C- - E -A DF DC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Internet stopped working, unidentified network

chris iagallo said:

Everything was working fine for a few weeks, now it just refuses to connect. I've tried MULTIPLE fixes for this problem but just cant seem to get it back and running again.

Im using a Linksys Wireless Gaming WGA54G Ver. 2.1 which has always worked..... I have a Netgear Router & A Motorolla Modem. both up to date. PLEASE HELP!!! THIS IS FRUSTRATING!Click to expand...

So how are these wired? Like this?

Code:
ISP==> Motorolla --->NetGear--->WGA54g ??
(copy and correct if necessary)

I've tried:
-Resetting Router/Modem Multiple Times
-Changing Router Frequency from 6 to 11
-Changing MAC Address
-Deleted Norton Antivirus
-Deleted Bonjour
-Tried Windows Repair
-Tried System Restore to when it worked

Nothing seems to be working....Click to expand...

good try, but Bonjour is useful
WHAT VERSION OF WINDOWS? XP, Vista, Win/7

Heres my ipconfig /all:
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Frostymcburg-PC
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid << great

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1F-E2-56-5B-A8
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::25ef:53ab:67ad:9e20%11(Preferred)
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.158.32(Preferred) << this is the bug
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234889186
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-17-4E-5B-4A-00-1F-E2-56-5B-A8
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1 << these fail because IPv4 failed

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 6:
-----
Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:

You LAN connection is via ethernet cable and it can not find the router TO WHICH IT IS ATTACHED.

*unplug the Wireless Gaming WGA54G until the wired works.
power off the modem
power off the Netgear
*unplug the Wireless Gaming WGA54G until the wired works.
disconnect the computer from the router
Now wait 30-40 seconds between each of the following steps:
power up the modem
power up the Netgear
reconnect the computer to the netgear

get a command prompt and enter IPCONFIG

cope the results of the Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: section and stop just short of Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling
come back here and paste the results

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-stopped-working-unidentified-network.190284/
Relevancy 66.22%

Windows Unidentified Network via LAN WiFi working My on board was doing this same problem so I bought a new Network Card Turned out it was also a realtek and performs worse The on board would atleast work for a little bit on a fresh boot sometimes This new one hasnt worked since i installed it ive tried three different sets of drivers and a host of troubleshoot options from the good old googles for about a week solid im ready to give up and depend on wireless Sigh I dont want to do that i game and ping matters XP Im connected straight to modem my laptop experinces no problem wither wifi or lan and my phone stays solid on my wifi Frontier ISP Netgear frontier provide router Ipconfig with wifi on Windows IP Configuration Host Name SpizawnDesktop Primary 7 LAN...WiFi Unidentified Windows working. via Network Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Windows 7 Unidentified Network via LAN...WiFi working. netgear com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix netgear com Description Realtek RTL B Wireless b g Mbps USB Network Adapter Physical Address - -E - - -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fc a a a f d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday July PM Lease Expires Saturday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- - B- A- - - - - -AB DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - - - -AB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c b d a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- - B- A- - - - - -AB DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B E E - F - A - F - D D CCCEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap netgear com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix netgear com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms AutoConfigProxy REG SZ wininet dll MigrateProxy REG DWORD x ProxyEnable REG DWORD x ipconfig wif off Windows IP Configuration Host Name SpizawnDesktop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - - - -AB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c b d a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- - B- A- - - - - -AB DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B E E - F - A - F - D D CCCEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again AutoConfigProxy REG SZ wininet dll MigrateProxy REG DWORD x ProxyEnable REG DWORD x I have tried googling this problem alot i simply just dont know what to do anymore Im not exactly a pc dummy but don't have a lot of experience with networking Will post ip config of my onboard once i reset and turn it on in the bios Ipconfig of just onboard Currently working As stated earlier it... Read more

A:Windows 7 Unidentified Network via LAN...WiFi working.

With Wi-Fi off:
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.1.122(Preferred)

It seems you can't get an IP address from the router DHCP server. Did you try factory resetting the router (not just power cycling)?

Also, Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 12-34-56-78-90-AB for onboard LAN I believe. Did you change the MAC address manually before?

Create a manual System Restore point - System Restore
Get Download Complete Internet Repair - MajorGeeks and run it as admin
Select:
- Reset Internet Protocol
- Repair Winsock
- Renew Internet connections
See if it helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/376509-windows-7-unidentified-network-via-lan-wifi-working.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello Guys I downgraded my sys to xp from and then also i have connection not unidentified /renew network, working ipconfig problem says unidentified network, ipconfig /renew not working unidentified network its unidentified network, ipconfig /renew not working a cable connection and my laptop connected to the same modem works fine i am battling it since days please help here is my ipconfig all C Documents and Settings Home gt ipconfig all Windows IP unidentified network, ipconfig /renew not working Configuration Host Name home- c Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL PCI-E Gigabit E thernet NIC Physical Address - -D -A - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe d ff fea Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe f Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address A -FE- - B Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled can anyone please analyse it whats wrong and help me thank you

A:unidentified network, ipconfig /renew not working

Your Default Gateway, your router, is not showing an IP address.
Power Cycle (unplug the power, wait 15 seconds and plug it back in) your Modem/Router, restart your computer and post your IPconfig log again. When every thing comes back online.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unidentified-network-ipconfig-renew-not-working-872793.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Can anyone tell me how to connect to my wired network from my wireless connection?

Relevancy 65.79%

Hey all So my desktop refuses to connect to the Internet My LAN is showing up in Network Connections knows when the cable is unplugged but I don't have the option to connect to it in drop down menus or anything I've checked Network No Connection for Wired Availability all the cables against my other machines and they work and connect No Network Availability for Wired Connection and all wireless connections work as normal All the ports on the router work as well I've run troubleshooting and the most it can tell me is that it detects problems I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers downloading with my other comps and switching over Safe Mode with Networking doesn't work either I've tried all the DNS flushing and ipconfig reset and all that and I'm not getting anywhere I'll be happy to try again and paste results though if anyone has any ideas Thanks a ton Here's my ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sockhands Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:No Network Availability for Wired Connection

Please do the following:

To collect IP configuration information easily, do the following:

Open a Elevated Command Prompt:

XP, Vista or Windows 7:

Click on the Start button and type cmd.
DO NOT press Enter or click Go.
Look at the upper part of the window and you will see cmd.exe.
Right click on it and select Run as Administrator.

Windows 8 or 8.1:

Press WIN + X to open Start context menu.
Select Command Prompt (Admin)​.

Paste the following into the Command Prompt window, exactly as shown, including double quotes:

cmd /c "ipconfig /all > postme.txt & ping yahoo.com >> postme.txt & reg query "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" | find /i "proxy" >> postme.txt & notepad postme.txt & del postme.txt"

and press ENTER.

A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents here. Close the Notepad window and the file will be deleted and the Command Prompt window will also close. Post results in a reply here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/373974-no-network-availability-wired-connection.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Howdy all.

I'll start by describing my current setup..

Vista Home Premium computer w/ Linksys WRT54GL router (this computer is wired)
1 Vista Ultimate Wireless Laptop
1 Vista HP Wireless Laptop
1 Windows XP Pro Wireless Laptop
1 Vista Ult. / Win 7 Pro Wireless Desktop

I have a Windows XP Pro machine I'm trying to wire into the router. I know the NIC and ethernet chord are good as I tested them with ICS w/ my 7 machine -- connected fine.

When I plug the cable into my router, however, the following occurs:

"Acquiring Network Address . . . " for about two seconds
"Disconnected (w/ the red X)" for about two seconds
"Acquiring Network Address . . . " for about two seconds
"Disconnected (w/ the red X)" for about two seconds

..and on, and on without end. I'm just wondering what it is I'm doing wrong. I'm not a big networking guy, so any help would be appreciated.

A:Wired Network Connection Issue

Sounds like a driver issue. Check you device manager for NIC driver error. If no error, update driver. If all else fails, uninstall NIC driver and then reboot, this will install the original driver that came with the system. It could be a bad NIC card as well. Easy to check, pop out old one and put in a new one, driver should load automatically, then plug in cat5e cable.

Also, check for adware, malware, spyware, trojans, worms and virus's. These sometimes can effect your system in a bad way and cause conflicts with hardware and software. Start here first then do the above if issue is not resolved by cleaning the PC from bugs.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/245638-wired-network-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I ve been having a problem lately regarding my internet connection It s very slow unresponsive and regularly times out but only for certain uses For others it s perfectly fine and operates at the speeds I d expect Websites usually load Connection Network Wired Inconsistent fine but sometimes I ll stop being able Inconsistent Wired Network Connection to load them all for a few minutes getting a response as if the domain didn t exist I can use torrents for legal purposes with no issues but large direct downloads generally break well before completing Youtube videos and videos from most other hosts will load incredibly slowly and or break and turn green partway through but blip and any livestreaming video will run perfectly at full speed with no problems I also have no issues with any sort of chat client and I can game with online connect without interruption I m on a Windows desktop connected by ethernet to a combined modem wireless router None of the wireless users on the network are having similar issues nbsp

A:Inconsistent Wired Network Connection

Looked around a bit, so to preempt the likely first response, here's my ipconfig:
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DeepThought
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-22-15-F1-59-58
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::cda3:8f74:3d17:b1f5%10(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.13(Preferred)
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 7:46:00 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 1:18:30 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234889749
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-15-A5-C7-B1-00-22-15-F1-59-58
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 75.75.76.76

Ethernet adapter Hamachi:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Hamachi Network Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 7A-79-05-94-CB-77
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2620:9b::594:cb77(Preferred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::b950:aec8:83c6:9cae%16(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 5.148.203.119(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.0.0.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 7:45:55 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, November 28, 2013 7:47:57 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 2620:9b::500:1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 5.0.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 360348035
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-15-A5-C7-B1-00-22-15-F1-59-58
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A05B9EA5-D8C6-4E12-9CE6-BD47EEBEAE85}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Tunnel adapter isatap.{BDC7ED38-E317-491F-83A1-001E81527468}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inconsistent-wired-network-connection.1079663/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a recently purchased Acer laptop. Today when working online my network connection dropped and I was unable to reconnect. The computer would no longer recognize my wired home network. I finally restored the system defaults and I was able to again connect to my network. Can anybody help me determine where the problem might be so that I don't have to go through this if I were to again loose my connection? Thank you.

Relevancy 65.79%

I have a network of 4 computers at home, all connected to a modem and router...I will soon be introducing another computer (a laptop) and obviously with the portability I would prefer (with its built in wifi) to be able to go online anywhere in the house with the laptop...however I'd rather not have to fork out for a wireless access point when only the laptop will make use of it...

I have an idea, and would like to know if it is possible; could I add a usb to wifi converter to one of my existing computers, and then set the laptop up to connect to that computer as the gateway (which in turn connects to the router as the gateway)...is anything like this possible? or even just an rj45 - wifi converter or something lol

thanks for reading folks!

A:I would like to add a wireless connection to my wired network...Help if possible!

Yes.

Windows XP comes with a bridging feature meaning you can "bridge" two network connections.

So you set up an ad hoc wireless network on one of your desktops and bridge the wireless connection with the wired one. Then you can join the ad hoc network with the laptop and you will efectively be a part of the wired network too.

A tutorial here: http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/windows-xp-bridge-setup.asp

PS
A cheap access point would still be a much better solution..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-would-like-to-add-a-wireless-connection-to-my-wired-network-help-if-possible.20192/
Relevancy 65.79%

Good Afternoon I am running a home network and the computer in question is Win Wired Connection Network Problem - bit Dell desktop connected to the netword via CAT- cable Other wireless computers reside on the network too For the past several days it has been dropping its connection to the Internet sometimes spontaneously and always on reboot When I go to the Network amp Settings page after the connection drop I see attached two Wired Network Connection Problem networks My network Wired Network Connection Problem and a public network so quot multiple networks quot appears on the network map To regain my connection to the Internet I have to go to quot Adapter Settings quot disable the LAN connection and then re-enable it That gets me back to the Internet but doing this several times a day is no fun I tried drect connecting my cable modem to the computer avoiding the router and all that appeared was a Public Network I could not seem to connect to Can anyone offer some insights as to what is going on with my computer and how I can resolve it The only changes to the system in the past week were the MS updates installed automatically Help is appreciated Thanks Doug

A:Wired Network Connection Problem

Hi DougR,

Try to do a Power Cycle.
How to Power Cycle (Restart) your Internet Modem & Router

I'd highly recommend a firmware update of your router if you have not done it yet. You may obtain/download from the manufacturer's site. To install the new firmware, use a wired connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/131634-wired-network-connection-problem.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm getting frequent "connection interrupted" errors while running firefox. Downloads are also randomly failing before they finish, and I have to restart them. Sometimes, pages fail to load all together unless I clear out my cookies, and then try again.

I'm on a wired network starting with a cable modem connected to a router, which is then connected to a switch going to 6 or 7 computers.

I've tried pretty much everything I've found online to try to fix the problem, including setting my ip address manually, selecting "auto-detect proxy settings", or "no proxy" in firefox's proxy options, scanning for spyware/viruses, turning off windows firewall etc. I can also confirm that when connected to another network, the internet connection runs fine.

Any suggestions? I have a feeling it might be the router's firewall, but it's only set up to block certain ports.

A:connection interrupted on wired network

If you are sharing internet access with 6 or 7 other computers you may simply have congestion--not enough bandwidth to go around. What happens with a connection directly to the modem? If that works OK try a connection to the router with nobody else connected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-interrupted-on-wired-network.804455/
Relevancy 65.79%

my wireless is working fine on my Dell inspiron 6400, running vista home, but i want to be able to plug in an ethernet cable at home and it doesnt even recognize that one is plugged in. the network adapter is a broadcom. please help

A:laptop wired connection not working

is the wired card "Disabled"? Look at the Network Card properties...

Or

go to a Command prompt, type "ipconfig /all > c:\ipinfo.txt" without the quotes. then, copy and paste the contents of that file into this thread and let's have a look / see...

-joe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wired-connection-not-working.757396/
Relevancy 65.79%

hi all, its another "unidentified network on boot with no ability to do anything" thread.

first off, i have reset winsock, made sure bonjour isnt on the system, updated to latest marvell yukon drivers and set a static IP as well as some 5+ reinstalls.

and i still get that bloody triangle, cant even access my modem (speedtouch 585v6) let alone a webpage. all with a wired ethernet connection.

what is most frustrating is this set up was working fine (with intermittent dropping that a modem restart sorted) for months and just hit me last week, starting with the reassignment of my ip to 169.xx.xx. all attempts to update firmware on modem fails.

any idea's amigos?

A:win 7 - wired connection simply not working

Quote: Originally Posted by toxicseagull

hi all, its another "unidentified network on boot with no ability to do anything" thread.

first off, i have reset winsock, made sure bonjour isnt on the system, updated to latest marvell yukon drivers and set a static IP as well as some 5+ reinstalls.

and i still get that bloody triangle, cant even access my modem (speedtouch 585v6) let alone a webpage. all with a wired ethernet connection.

what is most frustrating is this set up was working fine (with intermittent dropping that a modem restart sorted) for months and just hit me last week, starting with the reassignment of my ip to 169.xx.xx. all attempts to update firmware on modem fails.

any idea's amigos?

Hi and welcome

You running homegroup and IPv6? Is alternate config set in the nic to use proxy, or something else?

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/45726-win-7-wired-connection-simply-not-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping a more technologically inclined soul can help me out with my new tech problem. Long story short is that I have a MacBook Pro w/ a functioning airport that used to connect happing to my LinsSys router version BEFW11S4 - ancient, I know. The router is connected to a cable modem. 2 days ago my internet service provider decided to throw some non-routable ISPs at me, which took a few hours to figure out and fix. Since that time my wireless router has not functioned, though the router will work with a wired connection.

I've done all the basic try it yourself fixes. Have disconnected everything multiple times. Have accessed the router and changed all the settings I can think of.

Anything other possible fixes that I don't know about or am I relegated to upgrading the router?

Thanks!

A:Wireless connection not working, wired is

Define not working... Is the SSID visible from your equipment? Can you connect via WiFi and then just no internet? Maybe a problem with the airport, have you tried to handshake with another wifi device? If the router settings are all right, and the SSID isn't broadcasting anything at all, with my limited knowledge, I'd have to call that a dead router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-not-working-wired-is.690648/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi all Wired but not connection is working connected, I am using windows home bit and i'm having Wired connection is connected, but not working trouble with my wired connection I'm in college now and my dorm requires you to register your MAC address with them for your internet to work on my desktop I've registered for both the wireless MAC address and the LAN address Wireless works fine but once I've started trying to use the wired connection something funky happens The connection itself connects just fine and I'll have internet access for about minutes after connecting to Wired connection is connected, but not working it then I get nothing The connection is still there but none of my browsers skype games can get any internet connection I've tried the same cord on my laptop which also had its LAN MAC address registered and that worked fine meaning it's something wrong with my desktop and that my dorm's wired connection is also working fine I've also tried to do things like ipconfig release and renew and i've also made sure that windows quot obtains and ip automatically Wired connection is connected, but not working quot Now here is some info on the hardware i use Acer Aspire AM -UR P internet adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller When I type in ipconfig all in the command prompt Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix flexabit net Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address D - - - D-A -FE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e f c e db f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday September AM Lease Expires Thursday September AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E-EF- -D - - - D-A -FE DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Sincerely hoping that someone could spend some time to look at this Thanks so much

A:Wired connection is connected, but not working

Quote: Originally Posted by stannyxx69

Hi all,

I am using windows 7 home 64bit, and i'm having trouble with my wired connection.

I'm in college now, and my dorm requires you to register your MAC address with them for your internet to work.
on my desktop I've registered for both the wireless MAC address and the LAN address.
Wireless works fine, but once I've started trying to use the wired connection, something funky happens.
The connection itself connects just fine, and I'll have internet access for about 3 minutes after connecting to it, then I get nothing. The connection is still there, but none of my browsers, skype, games can get any internet connection.

I've tried the same cord on my laptop, which also had its LAN MAC address registered, and that worked fine, meaning it's something wrong with my desktop, and that my dorm's wired connection is also working fine.
I've also tried to do things like ipconfig /release and renew, and i've also made sure that windows "obtains and ip automatically."

Now, here is some info on the hardware i use:
Acer Aspire AM3410-UR22P
internet adapter: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

When I type in ipconfig /all in the command prompt:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : flexabit.net
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : D0-27-88-6D-A3-FE
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::e01f:4c74:697e:db4f%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.50.13.177(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.224.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, September 06, 2011 12:44:13 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, September 08, 2011 12:44:12 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.50.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.50.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 198190984
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-15-5E-EF-80-D0-27-88-6D-A3-FE

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 209.253.113.10

Sincerely hoping that someone could spend some time to look at this. Thanks so much.

Hi

Sorry to ask a simple question but you are using the Physical Address?

Regards
UKMedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185060-wired-connection-connected-but-not-working.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey i am having problems connecting to Xbox live because it has no internet access and i have tried lots of things and nothing is working. here is the story behind it.... i had tried connecting many times before but it wouldn't work but one day i tried and i changed sharing on something (IDK what i forgot) and it worked so i had live for a couple of days. then one day my bro was online and the power went out in the house for a while, the next day i tried to connect and it wouldn't... on the when i plug in xbox ethernet to computer it says unidentified network on internet access. so can you help me connect thank you I got a cricket broadband modem on the usb

A:local area connection unidentified network no internet access Xbox

Joooooel> Can you tell us exactly how you have your network setup.

How the internet is coming in?: Your Internet Coming in? Is it going to another computer or to a Router?: Is the XBox Wireless or Hardwired?

Give us as much detail as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/153265-local-area-connection-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-xbox.html
Relevancy 65.36%

There was lightning near my house today when it struck the power went out for a second and when it came back the Internet didn't work. And my network says Unidentified Network and when I troubleshoot it I get "local area connection" doesn't have a valid ip configuration. I'm not really sure what to do, I hope it isn't but it kind of seems like a hardware problem but I don't know enough to say so

A:Unidentified Network local area connection doesn't have valid ipconfig

If you have a cable modem, unplug power from it for about 2 minutes. Then power it up again. If you also have a router, unplug power from it for a short time, then power it up again. Then re-boot your computer. Let us know if this works. Who is your internet provider ? You may have to call them to do an electronic reset.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292347-unidentified-network-local-area-connection-doesnt-have-valid-ipconfig.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I was on my laptop on Friday and the internet would connect when I turned on my laptop. So I just thought I needed to retype the security key. Nope. So after that I reboted my router. (Sorry for my horrible spelling). That didn't work either. So I came here and saw a number of people had the same problem. I tried every thing pluging my laptop into the router, netsh winsock reset, disable and enable the network.

HELP!!

A:My internet just stopped working. Unidentified public network.

Does the internet connection is working in LAN wired network ?
Did u try Connecting to wi fi router using some other Wi fi devices ? i.e Say from ur phone
Can you please explain ur problem in detail , i just cant figure out wat u did ? Everytime wen u turn on ur laptop internet connect automatically ! ok

Then Second time u tried Connecting to Internet , Does it Asked the Security Key ?

and above all y u suddenly went to Router ? the problem might nt probably with router, may be some changes occured in settings Have u checked in etwork and Connectins>Manage Wireless networks ??

Please Write More Details about the scenario !

Thanks,
Suren

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/241059-my-internet-just-stopped-working-unidentified-public-network.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I installed Windows 7 last weekend on a clean HD. I then installed my MB drivers including my marvel(?) Lan drivers.
I could not connect to the internet. I kept getting a message about Windows 7 could not find the network adapter or the drivers for it. I can't remember which. But when I went to reinstall the LAN drivers I got a message about whether I wanted to repair or uninstall the drivers. So I figured they must have been installed, so clicked on repair. Still Windows 7 can't find the network adapter.
What could be wrong? I may try and play some more with Win7 this weekend.
I'm using a wired connection from my desktop PC to the cable modem.
Abit IP-35E mobo.

Thanks

A:Can't find network adapter. Wired connection.

The concern is your drivers don't work with Seven. Remember why Vista got such a bad rap? This is part of Microsoft's plan to get you to purchase upgraded hardware. It's what keeps them going, but you have probably already heard and read all about that. As for your concern you could try reinstalling seven again. Sometimes it will load it's own drivers, the ones it likes. Sometimes it won't. Manual install won't help. I've tried.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/3121-cant-find-network-adapter-wired-connection.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I'm going nuts. My PC will not connect to my wired network, but it will connect to it wirelessly through an USB N adapter (I couldn't afford the downtime). This happened on another wired PC in my home about 5 months ago and I simply left that on the wireless connection but I would like the security of the wired for my main PC. A win 7 laptop plugged into the same outlet with the same cable works fine so I assume it has to be my NIC card, drivers or some setting. Where do I start?

A:Lost wired but not wireless connection to my network

Resetting your router would be the first course of action here. You will need to go back in to your routers set up page and make sure all the settings are correct after that or if you have a router configuration file handy it's easier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229236-lost-wired-but-not-wireless-connection-my-network.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Dear all I and both Lost network wireless wired connection. just joined this forum and with an urgent problem I have a laptop running win xp It was running fine this morning I then brought it to a Honda dealer The problem started there At first I got a strong wi-fi signal but not network connection I tried to repair by right clicking on wireless network icon on the lower-right corner The first time it seemed trying to do something but nothing helped The nd time Lost both wireless and wired network connection. when Lost both wireless and wired network connection. I tried to run repair the process hang and the machine could not be rebooted or shut off I have to hold the power key for a few seconds to turn it off Now I am at home using another computer to post this message which indicates my home lan and my router are working fine But my laptop still has no connections - neither wired or wireless A few screen shots are attached here for your review Many thanks in advance for the help nbsp