Windows Support Forum

How I can disable/enable wireless network and view properties of Lan connection?

Q: How I can disable/enable wireless network and view properties of Lan connection?

I wonder how I can disable my wireless network and view their WAN or Lan properties in windows 7. I can do it in windows xp myself though.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How I can disable/enable wireless network and view properties of Lan connection?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How I can disable/enable wireless network and view properties of Lan connection?

Hi have you looked in device manager

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-i-can-disable-enable-wireless-network-and-view-properties-of-lan-connection-557333.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Is there a freeware program to view WZC profile information from the command line? I found one that allows you to display the profiles themselves, however to display the profile properties I haven't found one.

I could also use direct registry edits if I had to, using the reg command. The problem being, that it would appear that the information is stored in binary format, which I've got no idea how to even manually pull the profile name from. The only thing that information seems to give me, is the abillity to later manipulate the order of the networks, that is maybe. I don't need that part yet, but will later on. I guess, since viewing the profiles is so slow, direct registry edits "might" be preffered. This is WZC I'm concerned about, not any third party utillities. I'm using Windows XP, and it's SP2 or later.

A:View Wireless Network Properties from the Command Line

Researching further, it looks like nobody knows how to pull the information from the registry. I've got Windows XP, so netsh wlan won't work. It looks like this is leaving me now with 2 solutions to get some of this information.

Solution 1: Use some kind of programming API to get the information and display it from the command line. I've therefore heard that there seems to be an interface called the WZC native API. If that's true, how would you use it in AutoIt or in a BATCH file or in a VBScript? I've never used anything like it before, so I need detailed explanations of what the code does, except for that doesn't mean I need to know all the internals of every function. But I need to know how to use it. I know BATCH files well, but I don't really know the full VBScript or AutoIt languages, though I can make some of it's code out anyway.

Solution 2: Somehow maybe use AutoIt in another way to read the properties from the dialog box. I know from research that this is probably possible, but I don't know how to do it. And what I need to do, is hide all that visible clicking going on, even if I'm doing some clicking. That is - hide it from the end user. It's nice to see it moving on the screen, but I'd rather not see it if I were the end user, in this case.

Now keep in mind, that at this point, all I'm trying to implement in these programs, is a way to do exactly what you can already do in Windows XP by default (but it has to be compatible with Windows XP Home, Pro, and MCE), except for from the command line. This is just one small part of a larger picture. I'll then be able to use that command in my other parts of my code that I need it in. So my general rule that I need to follow, is if you can't do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you can't do it in this program. If you CAN do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you CAN do it in this program. But everything is from the command line, in the end result. If Windows XP already provides a command line, which in this case it doesn't, I should use it. If that's not possible, I should use the registry, but I guess that's not possible if nobody knows how. If that's not possible, I guess I'll try to use a VBScript, and if that's not possible, I'll try to use AutoIt. But the end result is a command line program.

I hope this starts to get me down the right track. It took this weekend to find this information so far.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/view-wireless-network-properties-from-the-command-line.774772/
Relevancy 89.87%

One of the user in the network can not enable or disable his local area network connection. Every time he connects his laptop after undocking it, it asks him for administrator credentials. Its a vista machine in a domain environment. User is added to the poweruser group but still can not make changes to the connection. Other users dont need to punch in admin password when they hookup to the docking station/network.

Any suggestions? thanks

A:user cannot enable/disable network connection (LAN)

anoyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-cannot-enable-disable-network-connection-lan.772606/
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi all I'm specific LAN user/enable wireless only Disable for connection setting up a computer for public access to a local site repository There are two accounts admin account running a virtual machine as server for the local site I need access to LAN through wired ethernet in this account Disable LAN connection for specific user/enable wireless only public account the account for the users to navigate the repository I need to disable the LAN access and just enable internet access through the public wireless interface I thought I could just disable ethernet card for the public account on the Group policies but I Disable LAN connection for specific user/enable wireless only didn't find out the way to do it I've created a group policy for the public account but under quot user configuration - gt administrative templates - gt network - gt network connections quot I only see options for enable disable LAN properties settings etc and not LAN access itself --- gt Is it possible to disbable hardware for specifc users In that case I could just disable the wired card driver for public user Thanks in advance

A:Disable LAN connection for specific user/enable wireless only

Ok, I go again (trying to do my best in english!) :

-There are two interfaces in the network:
a- LAN-> access through wired connection. Only for enabled MACs on the router
b- Public access to internet -> through wireless connection. For everyone.

-I cannot use router rules (for instance blocking MAC address, time settings, etc.) as far as I need both connections enabled at the same time, any time: wired for admin account and wireless for standard user account. Both users could use the computer at any time.

-I know I can set up preferred connections, but what I actually want is to prevent any way for the standard user to get connected to the LAN.

-On Group policies I've already disabled access to network settings and IE options for the standard user.

I appreciate any help (and really need it). Thanks!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371101-disable-lan-connection-specific-user-enable-wireless-only.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Please help me
my Wireless Network Connection Properties not can click!
me try Uninstall WNC Adapter on Device Manager
and reset IPV4, Winsock on CMD.
but still not can click. what is this problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382833-help-wireless-network-connection-properties-not-can-click.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Let me preface this by network enable wireless won't connection saying I know next wireless network connection won't enable to nothing about computers so please provide detailed advice if you choose to advise I have a Dell wireless network connection won't enable Inspiron E running with Windows XP and a Linksys wireless network connection won't enable Wireless-G broadband wireless router WRT G The wireless was working fine yesterday Tonight when I turned it on I couldn t get an internet connection The modem is ok because I have a connection with an ethernet wire When I go into the Network Connections window I see that Wireless Network Connection is Disabled Don t understand that I didn t disable it I right click on it and press Enable but all I get is a quot Wireless Network Connection quot window that says quot Enabling quot and then quot Connection Failed quot I ran the trouble shooter but the suggestions either didn t apply my hardware is ok with this machine because it has run on it before or were so involved I was afraid to attempt them and cause a bigger problem Disabling and changing settings makes me nervous Any ideas about what I can do to enable this wireless network connection I looked up some old posts on this and tried to follow them but I didn t get the prompts mentioned under Wireless Network Connection Properties For example when I clicked I don t understand why this has happened all of the sudden Although I have Norton running and just ran a full scan I suspect I have a virus because things have been sluggish the last couple of days and the sound started getting wonky nbsp

A:wireless network connection won't enable

The modem is ok because I have a connection with an ethernet wire.Click to expand...

was this just to test, or do you always have an ethernet connection - if so please describe exactly how everything is connected

Dell Inspiron E1405 - have you turned OFF the wireless - there is often a physical switch or a combination of keys - like FN+F2 that switches the wireless on/off

would you post back the following
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left

hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back

the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open

the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to

suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button

to upload it here

{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program

across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed

for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you

click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also

post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open

the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to

suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button

to upload it here.

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results

into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and

post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-wont-enable.951772/
Relevancy 83.42%

I bought a NetGear N Wifi Dual Band USB Adapter in order for my desktop to connect to our router wirelessly My desktop is NOT will 7) Network (Win enable Wireless Connection a Win Home Premium My initial problem started when the adapter would not install correctly from the CD-ROM I followed the instructions very carefully I kept getting error messages that the adapter could not be found However I was able to pull the driver from the CD and was told it installed successfully Here s my main problem Under Network and Sharing Center gt Change Adapter Settings the Wireless Network Connection remains Disabled or greyed out Anytime I try to enable it Windows will saying quot Enabling Enabled quot but it STILL remains Disabled Does anyone have any recommendations on getting this fixed Here s what I ve done below -After the first unsuccessful install I uninstalled NETGEAR and all its related pieces Wireless Network Connection will NOT enable (Win 7) uninstalled my Wireless Network Connection will NOT enable (Win 7) antivirus AVG turned off Windows FW rebooted and attempted another clean NETGEAR installation No success and received the same console error message that the adapter could not be found -I also uninstalled third-party programs and turned off unnecessary services in the background Still no success -Tried installing on different USB ports Again no success -Even had a live chat session with NETGEAR support but ended up being told that they exhausted all their support measures and recommended I return the product and get a new one But this is the third DIFFERENT adapter I ve tried and all of them installed just fine on my laptop Also here s some addt l background info that may help diagnose this issue -I have no other AV running in the background -If I run the Windows Network Diagnostics tool I receive this message quot There might Wireless Network Connection will NOT enable (Win 7) be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter quot -However under Device Manager the adapter is displayed as working properly When I try to disable enable the adapter the screen freezes and remains that way until I physically unplug the adapter from the USB port -Under Computer Services the WLAN AutoConfig is set to quot Started quot I have stopped and restarted this service -Under Command Prompt and IPCONFIG ALL the wireless connection adapter is not shown Can anyone help I have tried all of the recommendations from Google other than complete reinstallation of Windows but the last few hours have always brought me back to square one Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

I just bought TP-LINK Wireless USB Adapter Model TL-WN G and had followed all necessary procedures both manual and automatic to install the driver specifically in my Windows -Bit desktop computer but every time I installed Won't Connection Enable Network Wireless the driver it shows that in my Network Connection there is the quot Wireless Network Connection quot - Disabled However when I right click into it and try to Enable it shows that it is now Enabling then Enabled but after that my quot Wireless Network Connection quot still Disabled I had already uninstalled my AVG Internet Security and disabled Windows Firewall and Run in Safe-Mode in installing the driver but still no luck it keeps showing that my quot Wireless Network Connection quot still Disabled after trying to Enable it I really appreciate if someone can help me into this Thanks in advance OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASRock G C-VS Antivirus None nbsp

A:Wireless Network Connection Won't Enable

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\user>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Rocelo
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : smartbro.net

Ethernet adapter VPNSecureMe Connection 1:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : VPNSecure.Me TAP-Win32 #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-FF-07-4C-B2-04
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : smartbro.net
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Contro
ller (NDIS 6.20)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-25-22-99-8A-CF
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::78cc:15f1:75e9:d1f4%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.101(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 30 December, 2011 11:44:28 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 31 December, 2011 11:44:28 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234890530
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-15-55-D8-C0-00-25-22-99-8A-CF

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 121.1.3.81
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.smartbro.net:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Tunnel adapter isatap.vpnsecure:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

C:\Users\user>

Hope this information helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-wont-enable.1033640/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi everyone, I am working on a friends HP laptop that suddenly lost it's ability to see any networks at all. When I try to enable it in network and sharing it stays disabled. Just to be sure it wasn't hardware related I ran a ubuntu live cd and was able to connect with no problems. I tried updating the drivers,installing and reinstalling the network card with no luck. I also tried letting windows repair it but it says there may be driver problems. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Larry

Laptop-
HP G72 Notebook
Win 7 64bit
4 gig ram

Relevancy 82.56%

So the other afternoon we had a freak power outage, my PC was on and connected to a surge protector. So once the power came back on, literally like 5 minutes later, I rebooted my PC and have had Wireless issues ever since.

My PC is custom built with a Netgear WG311V3 PCI Wireless card in it.

When I boot up, it tells me I am connectied to our wireless network, but no websites will load. I check for wireless networks but my PC tells me none are in range. I have had this issue before so I goto Network Connections and Disable Wireless Network Connection 2, my wireless card, and then when I goto Enable it I get this error:

Connection Failed.

I have no idea what to do, could the power outage have fried my wireless card?

Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,

I have been using Windows 7 for a little over a week and today while exploring it some more I noticed I have two network connections listed under Network Connections.

(1) Local Area Connection -- Realtek PCIe GDE Family Controller

and

(2) Wireless Network Connection -- 802.11n Wireless LAN Card

The only computer in the house is mine so I am curious if I can just disable the '802.11n Wireless LAN Card' without causing any problems?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

A:Can I disable my Wireless Network Connection?

If your computer is connected via a cable there are generally no problems with disabling the wireless connection.

You can do this from Control Panel|Network and Sharing Centre, Click on change adapter settings, right click the wireless connection, left click on disable.

If your computer is a laptop then there is usually a button on the side or front that will also disable wireless.

hth
Tanya

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/202490-can-i-disable-my-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to my laptop, using Vista, and there is no "sharing"d tab to allow ICS, so It always fails the IP address test. I've tried every site and googled it multiple times but still haven't gotten a solution.

A:Solved: No "Sharing" tab in wireless network connection properties

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sharing-tab-in-wireless-network-connection-properties.754170/
Relevancy 73.96%

I use my Win Vista laptop at home and the office.

I use wifi at home and wired lan at the office. My laptop does have any settings in the TCP/IP properties. Everything is at default.

Every time I I try to use it at the office I have to disable and reenable the Lan connection from Manage networks, otherwise I do not get Net connectivity (except local lan).

No problem at home.

Since everything is default it picks up my IP from DHCP and gets other settings same way.

Why do I have to Disable and Enable the Lan connection before it starts accessing the Net.

A:Enable /disable Lan connection

If you put the laptop to Sleep or Hibernation before disconnecting the cable that may the cause. Try disconnecting the cable first.

The adapter/computer may not be "signing off" the network properly. Make sure you have the latest ethernet driver.

If the laptop is not rebooted from one day to the next, and
the work router or server is reset while the laptop is away, and
the lease time is long enough for the computer to think it still deserves the "old" IP, then that is a problem. Ask the network administrator to shorten the lease time, or shut down when you transport the machine, or live with your work around.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enable-disable-lan-connection.926404/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi

How do I disable local area Connection properties for a standard use and for an administrator on a pc, users on my network keep changing the network adapter settings to allow them to have access to the internet. The users are a little tech savvy so by setting the adapter settings and just leaving out the default gateway and dns server address has not helped. I need to go deeper into windows network configuration to find a way to block them or find another way to prevent internet access. None of the users have email so they do not need access to mail either.

Thank you

A:How do I disable local area Connection properties

Tried Group Policy yet?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371260-how-do-i-disable-local-area-connection-properties.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Im developing a project on web cafe management system for that i want to disable a net connection programatically..
so which API should i wsed for the same.
Plz help me..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/disable-or-enable-an-internet-connection-500449.html
Relevancy 73.1%

To connect to the internet using my old IBM notebook 600e, I just boot up or come out of standby mode; click on browser (IE) and it's always ready to go. With the newer Lenovo T61, I must disable the connection before I go on standby, or problems usually result. When I come out of standby, I must enable connection; otherwise the little computer icon is missing from the lower right bar and there is no "repair connecytion option." If I click on "view available networks," none are found. Then it is difficult to get things going again. I use a siemens modem and a Belkin router, but doubt these are responsible as the 600e has no problem.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I'd especially appreciate a list (however short or long) of possible things to check.

Relevancy 73.1%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 72.67%

hi my fellow internet frds since i while ago my laptop's wireless been behaving really weird the wireless driver will suddenly disable and gone from the network list going into Device manager it says quot this Driver itself Disable Enable & Wireless driver is not installed quot or sth like that cant exactly rmb what it said and sometimes the wireless bars in the bottom will show a yellow quot quot with no connectivity with showing only the network i connected to if i repair it the driver will be gone almost have to repair like X times to get it come back on or i think i came back on itself or sometimes just no network quot no connections are available quot st thought was virus but did full scan no virus just did a Full Format and reinstall window and st thing i've installed the wireless driver still happaning im starting to Wireless Driver Enable & Disable itself guess is hardware problem did kinda drop my laptop a while back maybe something is loose inside which causing this HELP really really pissing me off gonna buy a mac ps quot Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code To fix this problem reconnect this hardware device to the computer quot

A:Wireless Driver Enable & Disable itself

Hi.

This is the website of your laptop,

Sony eSupport - VGN-Z555DN - Support
Scroll down to the WIRELESS LAN ,is the last one in the list,there find download and install the Intel? Wireless Driver Update to "fix" any compatibility issues with Windows 7.
Then if needed install\update the wireless driver from that list.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/215492-wireless-driver-enable-disable-itself.html
Relevancy 72.67%

IBM ThinkPad R51 Type 2883 -- Is there a way to enable/disable the wireless adapter? This built-in wireless adapter will not light up and I can't find anything on it.

Relevancy 72.67%

Hi I am having this problem, the wireless radio enable button is grey out, device is recognise in device manager as well as in the Intel Proset application but somehow the Radio enable button is grey out and I have try the H/W switch ON and OFF many times it don't seen to help, it was working just before i did a system repair when windows crashed. Any help will be greatly appcreciated.

A:Wireless Radio Disable and I cannot enable

The notebook is a ACER TravelMate 290 i just found out the hardware radio switch is faulty. Anyone know if I can short the thing to get it turn on? without replacing the switch?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-radio-disable-and-i-cannot-enable.771778/
Relevancy 72.67%

HI I use Mobile Wireless for my internet connection to my desktop Mobile wireless Enable Disable I use the Three Huawei E which although a wireless device i connect to Mobile wireless Disable Enable the desktop using the provided usb lead I am running Vista The internet stops working all the time although the device itself on its screen or via the web interface still indicates that i have a good signal strength and that i m still connected I have discovered that if i START SETTINGS NETWORK CONNECTIONS i can see the device listed If i right click on the device i can see that the device is enabled If I Disable the device and then Enable the device i can surf again for a couple of minutes before having to repeat the process Any ideas why this is happening and why what i do solves the problem for a bit And crucially how to fix it I am sure the issue is with the desktop as i have reverted to using the wifes v old laptop running XP and i can surf without complication on this machine Can also connect ipod touch to internet with no issues nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobile-wireless-disable-enable.994755/
Relevancy 72.24%

hello, sir

need a batch file to Enable and Disable The Local Area Connection

thanx

A:Need some help to Enable and disable the local area connection

Found it thanx'

Code:
@echo on
netsh interface set interface "Local Area Connection" DISABLED
netsh interface set interface "Local Area Connection" ENABLED

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/361608-need-some-help-enable-disable-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi. everytime i start up my laptop i have to push this button to start my wireless internet. My wireless network is managed by xp, but a signal will not be detected untill i press that button. I want the wireless to connect automaticaly upon bootup. It does connect automaticaly once i press that button now. Any suggestions?

The integrated wireless nic is made by Ralink Tech.

A:Button to enable wireless on laptop (disable help)

You'll probably find all that in the manual.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/button-to-enable-wireless-on-laptop-disable-help.39145/
Relevancy 71.81%

In OS X, it's very easy to turn on/off the wifi. You just click on the signal icon.

In Windows 7, I have to go to the tray, right click on the network icon, enable and disable adapter and also go through the annoying UAC popup. It's like 12 steps. Is there any shortcut or method to get it down to a couple of steps?

A:Is there a 1-click to enable/disable the wireless adapter?

Wireless Connection Workaround for Standby or Hibernation

Check this tutorial out and see if this is what you are looking for!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/99343-there-1-click-enable-disable-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I know startup Must connection local disable/enable at area a similar thread was posted on this problem but Must disable/enable local area connection at startup following the directions in that thread did not help me Here s what I m looking at I m running Win with a Lynksys Cable DSL router and a Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller At start up my wired internet connection is showing as no internet access In order to gain internet I must disable and then enable my local area connection There are four computers in total using this router Mine is the only one using Win and the only one not able to access the internet at start up I can see the other computers on the network at start up So this is definitely a computer specific issue I ve checked the Device Manager at start up and there is no conflict showing with the Broadcom controller I ve checked the device driver and it shows that I am up to date The file version is Broadcom Here are the results for IPCONFIG ALL Before Disable Enable steps Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name CyndyNew Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List zoominternet net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix zoominternet net Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Physical Address - - - C- F-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f bb bab Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday October AM Lease Expires Thursday October AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -C - - - - C- F-C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap zoominternet net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix zoominternet net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes After Disable Enable steps Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name CyndyNew Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List zoominternet net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix zoominternet net Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Physical Address - - - C- F-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f bb bab Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday October AM Lease Expires Thursday October AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -C - - - - C- F-C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap zoominternet net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix zoominternet net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e da e a e fc Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe da e a e fc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled I ve already run the following netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ipv reset reset log netsh int ipv reset reset log Here s the OS history I installed Win about months ago My connection was working fine after the install Then about months ago I d start my computer and the internet access was spotty Sometimes on sometimes off A second reboot would usually fix the problem I thought it was an issue with my net... Read more

A:Must disable/enable local area connection at startup

Do you have all the Windows 7 updates and installed as well as the latest drivers from broadcom for the ethernet controller?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/must-disable-enable-local-area-connection-at-startup.957393/
Relevancy 71.81%

Dear Guys:

I recently just got broadband internet. The problem is, whenever I shut down then restart the computer, I have to disable and enable the Local Area Connection in order for it to connect.

When I click on CHange Adaptor Settings, it shows a Local Area Connection with NVIDIA nFore Network Controller, and a Local Area Connection 2 with MArvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller.

In order to get the internet to connect, I have to disable the NVIDIA, not the Marvell Yukon.

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

I upgraded my wifes dell dimension 8200 from xp to win7... perhaps a mistake but its done now. One problem is that her network card loses its connection to the Internet (though it still sees the rest of the network) and to get it working I must disable and then enable it. The real fix is loading a new bios but... this is trouble.

I'd prefer a work around like a way to disable and enable the network card automatically at startup. Anyone know of a way that might work?

Thanks,
Rusty

A:Need way to disable/enable network card at startup??

check optional Windows Updates, Dell website and the card maker's website Support downloads page for your model to get a newer driver.

Did you do an in-place Upgrade rather than Custom clean install? This makes a big difference in performance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/86504-need-way-disable-enable-network-card-startup.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Which Network Protocols should I enable or disable for my PC?

My PC usage and router set up:
- file downloading while also browsing web or streaming video
- I don't do any lan/network sharing
- Torrent file sharing
- QOS is disabled on my router
- The PC is connected with Ethernet cable

My current settings
[ ] Client for Microsoft Networks
[ ] File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
[ ] QoS Packet Scheduler
[ x] Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
[ ] Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver
[ ] Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol
[ ] Microsoft LLDP Protocol Driver
[ ] Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6}
[ ] Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder

Thanks

A:Network Protocols, which to enable/disable for my PC usage

Originally Posted by MUGEN02

Which Network Protocols should I enable or disable for my PC?

My PC usage and router set up:
- file downloading while also browsing web or streaming video
- I don't do any lan/network sharing
- Torrent file sharing
- QOS is disabled on my router
- The PC is connected with Ethernet cable

My current settings
[ ] Client for Microsoft Networks
[ ] File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
[ ] QoS Packet Scheduler
[ x] Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
[ ] Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver
[ ] Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol
[ ] Microsoft LLDP Protocol Driver
[ ] Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6}
[ ] Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder

Thanks

You're good to go, no need to enable anything else.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/43040-network-protocols-enable-disable-my-pc-usage.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Only recently I have had issues with internet drop outs which I thought were to do with my router but
if I disable the Local area connection/adapter and then enable it again the internet starts working.

I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled with a new one but it still seems to happen maybe twice a day.

I have a z87 g45 motherboard, I'm not sure if its the killer network manager that comes with the driver
that may be causing problems

A:Have to disable and enable network adapter to fix internet

Hi, have you checked your eventvwr to see what errors might be occurring?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/328875-have-disable-enable-network-adapter-fix-internet.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Sorry if I missed it but it seems there is none posted under Shortcuts nor Internet & Network. I've tried searching for a solution but found no proper for Win10.
There was at least one working in Win7 but it seems to have changed in Win10.
I'm not looking for Wireless or Airplane just simple wired Ethernet LAN.

Thanks in advance
ifive

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44274-shortcut-enable-disable-network-wired.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi. When I try to Disable a card, the icon is not changing gray and when I try to enable it, its stays blocked on "Enabling". Afterwards, when I restart the windows, those changes are applied. Windows is almost fresh installed, I don't want to reinstall it... again. It is a way to repair this thing?
Thanks in advance.

A:Enable/Disable Network Card problem

Hello, and welcome!

I suggest a repair install: Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/144340-enable-disable-network-card-problem.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a Lenovo desktop with Windows The past couple weeks or so I have started having issues with the wireless internet where the signal will flash an exclamation point stating that the network is quot limited quot This may happen once every couple hours or more than once per minute If I go to the network adapter and disable it and then immediately enable it again the internet works fine Running the Troubleshooting program on the wireless results in a message saying that the default pathway was not available and that it reset my Wifi adapter I was assuming that the problem would be with the computer since resetting the desktop s adapter fixes the problem and I don t have to touch the router However I ve also noticed that both my iPad and smartphone which also bounce off that same router are having issues with wireless connectivity And for both the fix is the same as for the computer I just shut the to and Disable/Enable adapter Wireless Losing Signal Having Wifi off and switch it back on and it works afterward So then I started thinking the problem would be with the router except that the three devices do not always lose connectivity at the same time The computer loses it the most often followed by the phone and then the iPad Sometimes I have lost connectivity simultaneously on two or all of the devices at once but the most common problem is that only the computer loses it while the iPad and phone are still able to connect Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this issue Would it be possible to Losing Wireless Signal and Having to Disable/Enable adapter have a faulty router that affects some but not all of the devices using its signal And if it was the router how does resetting the Wifi on the devices themselves resolve the issue if only temporarily Thanks for any advice nbsp

A:Losing Wireless Signal and Having to Disable/Enable adapter

If I go to the network adapter and disable it and then immediately enable it again, the internet works fine.Click to expand...

how long for - until next reboot of the PC ? or for days ?
However, I've also noticed that both my iPad and smartphone, which also bounce off that same router, are having issues with wireless connectivity. And for both, the fix is the same as for the computer. I just shut the Wifi off and switch it back on, and it works afterward.Click to expand...

then its a router/modem cable ISP issue maybe

lets start by noting the lights on the router/modem
Please make a note of the status of the lights on the modem and on the router when working normally - post that light status here.
Now when the internet disconnects make a note of the status of the lights for the modem and router here again. also note which have changed.

next , lets see an xirrus screen shot from the desktop

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-ta... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-wireless-signal-and-having-to-disable-enable-adapter.1131854/
Relevancy 70.52%

Have a USB wireless WiFi unit. To connect to the Internet. Have to disable the Local Area Connection. When connected to the Internet. If I enable the Local Area Connection. Unable to connect to the Internet. When I disable the LAC, the Internet connection is restablished. Using a D-Link boradband VPN router.

A:Wireless Network Connection will only connect to Internet if Lcl Area Connect disable

sounds about right! Your big issue will be the VPN, as it is frequently specifically
config'd to use a specific adaptor AND to force all tcp traffic thru that connection,
even though you want to do some trivial google.com search.

Consider using a Hardware Profile to define
1) a LAN connection environment (ie no WiFi)
2) a WiFi environment (w/o a LAN)

the choice occurs at boot time and the hardware is enabled/disabled per
the profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-will-only-connect-to-internet-if-lcl-area-connect-disable.74628/
Relevancy 70.09%

My netbook is running Windows Starter to enable get then have network online? to disable adapter Always back It is an MSi Always have to disable then enable network adapter to get back online? U At random intervals can be every few minutes to every couple of hours my connection will show a 'limited connection' and I have to manually disable then enable the network adapter As soon as I have re-enabled it again the internet will connect Sometimes it will force me to restart the netbook for it to connect again I have been searching for fixes for a few days now and have tried the following Disabled firewall Uninstalled antivirus Reinstalled the network adapter Completely removed the adapter driver from the system then downloading one from the Msi website and installing the new driver Changed the router channels to a few different channels Made sure the box which says something like 'allow this device to turn off to save power' is unchecked I have tried the ipconfig renew in CMD as an admin Also tried the ROUTE command read somewhere this could fix it I ensured I didn't have 'bonjour' on the system as I have read this can cause it too I even tried reinstalling the OS too None of the other netbooks in the house does this One running Windows Starter and one on XP Any ideas All help is appreciated Thank you

A:Always have to disable then enable network adapter to get back online?

You say ipconfig /renew doesn't make it return.

How about running ipconfig /release followed by ipconfig /renew?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246095-always-have-disable-then-enable-network-adapter-get-back-online.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Bless as I do not even know if this is possible but any help would be apreciated:

I noticed that my PS3 plays games allot better online when my PC's wireless adapter is disabled and it cannot connect to the network.

However my PC is always on and it a task to do this every time I want to play online and then re enable once I'm done playing to resume my PC's downloads.

If I can create a desktop short cut to disable/enable wireless adapter, and link it to a hotkey on my keyboard my life would be almost hassle free.

any form of command line (i think) or .exe or shortcut or anything would help.

Much thanks
tim

A:possibility of a wireless adapter enable/disable via a desktop shortcut

Go to start/control panel/network connections.
Right click the wireless connection and click
create shortcut.
It may say cannot create shortcut here,do you want to
place it on the desktop.
Click yes.
If it doesn't say that,drag the shortcut to the desktop.
Then,when you want to disable it,right click the shortcut
and click disable.
Same to reenable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possibility-of-a-wireless-adapter-enable-disable-via-a-desktop-shortcut.811990/
Relevancy 69.66%

recently, after using computer for a long time (about 5 hours), I get disconnect from network and when I click check for problem, it resolved by reset Local Area Connection (or adapter) and I got BSOD. Or when I disable then enable it again, I also got BSOD.

the error apeared in blue screen is Driver IRQL not less or equal and something about hssdrv6.sys

A:BSOD when disable / enable network adapter, error 0x000000D1

Please post a report following Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions .

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/282554-bsod-when-disable-enable-network-adapter-error-0x000000d1.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Port?g? R700-184
Part Number : PT311E-02Y01JEN

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to toggle wireless on/off using an external keyboard for the R700 whilst it is on it's docking station?

We only seem to be able to toggle wireless using the built in keyboard (Fn + F8) key.

Also, is there anyway that wireless can be set to off as default at boot up? Is this something that can be done through the BIOS or perhaps by tweaking a registry key?

Grateful for any assistance.

:-)

A:Enable/disable wireless whilst Laptop is docked (External Keyboard)

may seem like a silly question, but why can't you simply use the laptops keyboard????? or is it just a niggly type issue that you'd rather use external one?

unfortunatley the R700 doesnt have a hardware switch for the wireless so its purely mapped to the Fn key which is a toshiba function, so an external k/b is unlikely to be able to replicate it

you can always disable the wireless through W7 network and sharing centre -> change adaptor settings, so few clicks with the mouse or even shortcut it to taskbar/start menu for easy access.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62358-Enable-disable-wireless-whilst-Laptop-is-docked-(External-Keyboard)
Relevancy 68.37%

I'm running a Toshiba Satellite L300 with Windows Vista Home Premium x64 and a T6400 processor. I haven't had any connection problems untill now. The problem I'm having now is Windows cannot find any wireless networks. I can connect through a Ethernet cable but not wirelessly. Another thing that bothers me is that I can't enable the network connection in the network connections folder. I don't know why this is happening suddenly as I haven't made any changes involving my network settings at all. I've looked it up on the internet but couldn't find anything that would help me. One solution that looked promising was: no wireless networks were found in range error

That didn't work though because my "event log" service was already set to Automatic so my case must be different. All help is appreciated and thanks a lot.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/238201-cannot-find-wireless-networks-cannot-enable-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi - I still have internet access. However, when I go into wireless connections, properties, general, the TCP/IP "stack" has disappeared.

The rest are still there: Client for MS networks
File & Printer sharing
QoS Packet Scheduler

I've posted to other forums and I have had an external PC professional have a look, but not even the latter could find out what happened.

The reason I need it is that I manually set my IP address at home, but let it find it automatically elsewhere, but can't as cannot access the TCP/IP elements.

Thanks.

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,
Please Help me to resolve this "ISSUE"

My wireless network Association, tab has changed completely to
Spanish, however, all other tabs remain in English
(authentication, connection). Also on the list of wireless
networks has information in Spanish (see images for details).
Its strange because I've never used Spanish EVER before in
anyway or form on my computer. I also reinstall wireless network
adapter Driver but problem is still There :-(

Please help me
Thanks in Advance
Regards

A:wireless network Properties

Who will help me to resolve this annoying problem!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-properties.980220/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

A:Network Connection Properties not Opening

Originally Posted by rat170

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

Do you have a backup you can restore from? thats a quick easy fix for it.

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/246852-network-connection-properties-not-opening.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi, I'm stumped as to why Explorer crashes whenever I try to view properties on any of my network connections. Its quite possible that I've messed something up in one of many tweaks. I just don't know when it happened.

The event viewer shows the following error:

"Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2649, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.2180, fault address 0x00037e9f."

Is it possible to re-install just the networking components for WinXP, or do I have to do a full fresh install?

Inso

Relevancy 66.65%

I am working on someone's XP Pro SP2 Box, and I cannot change the properties of any network connection. When I right click on the connection and click properties is says "Do not have sufficient privileges, contact your administrator"

I am the Administrator, logged in as the administrator account, and the machine is not on a domain.

Any Ideas what setting could cause this, and where it is?
I wasnt even aware you could lock administrator out...

Thanks -
Mike

Relevancy 66.65%

I was trying to set up an ad hoc network and toyed around with some of the wireless network settings. The network I was trying to set up didn't quite work out so I tried to set it back to how they were but forgot how they were.

Is there a way to delete the Wireless Network Connection and let it create a new one or is there a "standard" setting for this to strictly find a wireless network and connect to it?

I am running Windows XP Pro.

Any help or questions would be appreciated

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi guys Would really appreciate some help here as I am getting the run-around wireless not Can a - connection Enable from ISP Microsoft and Compaq I have a Windows Vista bit Home Premium Compaq Presario that I have put downstairs and am trying to connect to the internet via a Netcomm NP USB stick The Can not Enable a connection - wireless USB stick worked fine on my old computer which ran XP but it won't work on the Vista model The USB stick is compatible with my version of Vista the problem is that when I go to the network settings and it shows my wireless connection it is disabled If I click enable it goes on to say enabling enabled but it remains disabled The USB stick works on my other two computers one running XP the other running Windows And am at a total loss as to what could be preventing it from working Anyone have any ideas When I try to set up the wireless connection and it doesn't find one the diagnosis is quot RT USB wireless Lan card is experiencing driver or hardware issues quot

A:Can not Enable a connection - wireless

Hello & welcome,

I think you are being pointed in the right direction you just need to go there: -

NP545: NetComm

What antivirus & firewall are you using?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/287575-can-not-enable-connection-wireless.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I'm running Windows Ultimate -bit on a custom built PC I have a Zonet D Cannot connection wireless enable wireles card that I had used fine for almost a year For about the past two weeks my internet would suddenly drop about once a day and it would say there were no wireless connections available I would have to restart my computer and then everything would be fine Well on Friday it happened and I got fed up so I uninstalled the wireless card and reinstalled and now I can't enable the wireless connection at all in the Network Connections menu Cannot enable wireless connection It will say quot Enabling quot and then quot Enabled quot but it doesn't actually enable I run the diagnostic tool on the Network Adapter and I get the message quot There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter quot In the detailed information quot Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter quot I've tried reinstalling the driver I've downloaded the driver from the Zonet website and I've tried rolling back drivers I've tried a system restore to when it did work and I'm getting nothing Anyone have any ideas Would greatly appreciate any input and thank you in advance

A:Cannot enable wireless connection

I found a solution, and it involves temporarily bridging the wireless and lan connections (then unbridging). See Technopaideia: Frustrating but ultimately successful fix for Internet connectivity

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217696-cannot-enable-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless network. In Windows 7 you used to be able to get to it for existing wireless networks that I had previously connected to. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it? Many thanks

A:Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Settings app > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage known networks. Select a network, click Properties

Wireless Network Profiles - See in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70127-where-wireless-network-properties-window-w7.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have up until a few days ago been able to modify and save my network properties ok I connected a new DisplayLink USB docking station that lead to an update of some sort I believed this to be 8 Not Properties Saving Network Connection Windows to do with associated drivers I Windows 8 Network Connection Properties Not Saving let this go ahead and it may well have nothing to do with the problems I have been having First of all I couldn't even see the IP parameters and kept getting an error as follows quot In Order to Configure TCP IP You Must Install and Enable a Network Adapter Card quot The wired and wireless was working in environments where I could use DHCP so I was confident the hardware was ok Uninstalling the drivers and then updating them has got me passed this problem so I can see and edit the IP parameters However now they are never saved I edit them close the window re-edit them and they are back to automatic settings I need to use static settings in the office So far as I can see there are possibilities I don't have permissions to save these settings wherever they are stored But I have administrator permissions Where are the settings stored I have saved them before How can I get access to be able to save them again Something else is overwriting the settings How do I find out what and stop it Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated Or a way to diagnose solve my problem Thanks in advance Steve

A:Windows 8 Network Connection Properties Not Saving

Have you tried running a system file corruption scan/repair using the sfc /scannow command?

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32329-windows-8-network-connection-properties-not-saving.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have symptoms that I am having trouble getting rid All of them started Network Properties Connection Nowfind, WebSiteViewer, nights WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties ago and I have been trying to get rid of them since then First of all I have something called WebSiteViewer that keeps coming back even after it appears that it has been removed I have read WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties other logs on this forum about it and I have tried some of the advice but with no avail Second when I open a web browser it is going WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties to www nowfind net Third if I click on my Wireless Network Connection properties the window disappers without opening the properties So for so more detailed information on what I know about what is going on The WebSiteViewer has installed in C Program Files WebSiteViewer There are five files in that directory ban dd dlr exe and ico There is also a shortcut on my desktop and a shortcut on my Start Menu for the exe There is also a misb exe file in my root directory C that I believe is related as it has the same icon There is a process with an image name of dlr running I started out by manually deleting all of this stuff and manually shutting down the process I have also tried Spybot and Adware Both of these programs also found the WebSiteViewer stuff listed above as well as a few registry keys dealing with them They both seemed to remove everything however after a reboot everything comes back So somewhere there is something still living that reinstalls everything once I reboot The www nowfind net problem I initially tried just setting my default URL back to blank as I had it Which it accepts but then the next time I open a browser it is back If I type a URL without the preceding http then it automatically goes to www nowfind net however if I fully qualify the URL with http then it goes where I expect In the registry for HCU and HLM under Microsoft- gt Internet Explorer there are a number of entries that have the www nowfind net URL including Search and SearchURL Then under Main still under Internet Explorer there are Default Page URL Default Search URL Search Bar Search Page and Start Page And then under Search in CustomizeSearch and SearchAssistant I have tried deleting all of these registry entries manually However they come right back even without a reboot I can delete them then just refresh and they are right back So here again something is running that puts them back If I view my available Wireless Network Connections then hit the advanced tab then select my network and hit configure or properties then the window just disappears instead of opening the properties The last thing that I should mention is that I have also run CWShredder and TrendMicros virus scan the web version that is available from a link that I found somewhere in thisforum I am running XP and I also am running an outdated version of McAfee that came free on my computer Now I have never run HijackThis before I simply downloaded it and ran it I ran it while all of symptoms above were present as I stated AdWare and Spybot will remove the WebSiteViewer comes back after a reboot and the www nowfind net comes back right away I also read somewhere on the forum to use the KRC HijackThisAnalyzer so here is the result txt from it Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Security Programs Detected c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - Service McAfee com McShield McShield - Unknown owner - c... Read more

A:WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem a.s.a.p

Please be patient with me during this time.

...A Reflection On Spyware...

Mr. Incredible: No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

...greyknight17 DOT com...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/websiteviewer-nowfind-network-connection-properties-42318.html
Relevancy 65.79%

This is a fairly new install of Windows 8 pro (within the last month), and while trying to set up a static ip up today I found that I was unable to access the network properties or disable the connection in the Network Connections. I am pretty stumped as I am the only user of this computer and from what I can tell have the correct permissions to do so. When trying to check the properties it tells me "an unexpected error has occurred" with no further information.

Has anyone had this problem and found a fix?

A:Unable to access properties of my network connection.

It sounds like you aren't using an Admin account on this machine.

Under Computer Management, Local Users and Groups>Users, you should see your name there, under the Member Of' Tab, you should be listed at a member of the Administrators and Home Users. You can add the credentials if you aren't.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21814-unable-access-properties-my-network-connection.html
Relevancy 65.36%

The wireless network properties box is missing. I have a Satellite pro 4600 with Linksys card for wireless and every thing worked once before. I replaced the hard drive with a new one and rebuilt the system. After installing the Cisco PEAP supplicant software to be able to logon at the college the box is now missing. I've tracked the problem to the PEAP software overwriting files on Win2000 sp4.
Or so the masters at M/S claim. Their advice was to reinstall Sp4. This didn't work. All of the information I have for configuring wireless cards for Win2000 show this box and it was there the firt time I set up the system. I have reformatted the hard drive twice then Installed Win2000 pro and the Sp3 and Sp4 using two different Install cds. I did not install the PEAP supplicant and still no box.

Thanks Rezehk

A:Win2000 pro wireless network properties box missing

Did you install ALL the motherboard drivers for the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2000-pro-wireless-network-properties-box-missing.311041/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi Team,

I have a problem with my Local Area Connection. I have installed the driver correctly and can access the internet also. But when I go to Open Network and sharing center -> change adapter setting -> I can not see Local Area Connection icon appear. My OS is windows 7, HP System.

A:Local area connection is not showing in network properties

Welcome to Seven forums mail.

Can you please post a picture of Device manager and a picture in the adapter settings where your local area connection should be?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/331350-local-area-connection-not-showing-network-properties.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,

I have a Zepto (company went bankrupt) computer with a Vista peremium 64-bit os. For about 2 months ago i reinstalled the computer but it was yesterday i needed my wlan card for first time. I can use my wlan but i can use wired internet. I have tried both old and new drivers. I got the computer wlan switch on but i still can't enable wlan under Network connections. Everything under the device manager is installed and working correct. When i enbale My wireless network it does not change. It is still disabled. When i try to enable it true my Ralink (wlan card distributor) software it just say "Switch radio state fail". I'm completely out of ideas now. Help will be appreciated.

A:Can't enable wireless network

Originally Posted by Labello

Hi,

I have a Zepto (company went bankrupt) computer with a Vista peremium 64-bit os. For about 2 months ago i reinstalled the computer but it was yesterday i needed my wlan card for first time. I can use my wlan but i can use wired internet. I have tried both old and new drivers. I got the computer wlan switch on but i still can't enable wlan under Network connections. Everything under the device manager is installed and working correct. When i enbale My wireless network it does not change. It is still disabled. When i try to enable it true my Ralink (wlan card distributor) software it just say "Switch radio state fail". I'm completely out of ideas now. Help will be appreciated.

Hi, a few pieces of advice for you.

Make sure your drivers are up to date (even thought the company's gone bust it may use generic drivers)

Try enabling the wireless card then restarting your PC.

Make sure your PC is up to date (Especially make sure you have SP2 installed)

See if there are any options to do with your Wireless card in the BIOS.

Oli

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/274294-cant-enable-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Specs WIN XP Pro vers SP Motherboard AMD Athlon XP at GHz GB RAM I m at a hotel with wireless DSL service which I connect to via a Belkin USB wireless NIC Win Network on Enable freezing Connection XP and also on a LAN with family members My PC is connected to the LAN via cable from my NIC Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC to a Linksys wireless-G router This setup has been working fine though I can t be on Internet and LAN at the same time But today for no apparent reason I haven t made any changes the system has been freezing entirely i e no mouse no Ctrl-Alt-Del response every time at the point when it actually enables my LAN connection via the Realtek NIC amp cable I m pretty sure it s at the point when it is enabled because both ways I did this via a shortcut to the network connection and via Manage Devices the system froze right at the point it usually says it is quot Enabled quot but before actually giving me that message Let me know if you need more specifics to solve this TIA for any Win XP freezing on Network Connection Enable help you can give LeDuc nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-freezing-on-network-connection-enable.878280/
Relevancy 64.93%

I manually disabled my wireless network connection and now when I click on enable it says "connection failed"
Any help would be appreciated. i have windows xp.

A:Solved: help enable wireless connection failed

Welcome to TSG:
Ok:By disabling,do you mean going into device manager and disabling or uninstalling it ?
If disable,you might try the complete uninstall .
Then, just to re-boot the system and see if it will re-find the adapter and rebuild it.
If not,then :
Two things we would like to see :
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

And:
Let’s take a look at the status of the network adapters

Device manager:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?
4. should be enabled and working properly.
5. If error code,what is it ?

It would be best if you could post a screen shot of Device Manager with the Network adapters and Other devices sections expanded.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-enable-wireless-connection-failed.987913/
Relevancy 64.5%

The computer device manager shows that with the wireless network card is okay, and drivers and everything ok, but the network settings show that the wireless network card is disabled. Network card can not be enabled. I tried with several wireless network cards, nothing changes. The problem arose after the computer's motherboard replacement. Everything is working as before, except for a wireless network card. Where would be a problem in Windows 7?? The network card is a PCI Edimax EW-7128G. Maybe someone knows how to solve this problem?? Thank you.

A:Can not enable wireless network card!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by mariaci

The computer device manager shows that with the wireless network card is okay, and drivers and everything ok, but the network settings show that the wireless network card is disabled. Network card can not be enabled. I tried with several wireless network cards, nothing changes. The problem arose after the computer's motherboard replacement. Everything is working as before, except for a wireless network card. Where would be a problem in Windows 7?? The network card is a PCI Edimax EW-7128G. Maybe someone knows how to solve this problem?? Thank you.

Laptops have hot key combo's to enable the wifi. Does yours? and if so have you tried it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/61112-can-not-enable-wireless-network-card.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I'm a novice to this wireless networking. I finally am using my wireless network to two XP desktops and a laptop VISTA. They are working fine but I have been around the 'net trying to figure out how to get some security. I can see my neighbors' wireless networks so I know mine could be accessed easily. I found the network properties on my VISTA and tried changing them to a WPA-personal but I get an error saying these settings are not correct. I installed the router on my XP first but I cannot find the network connection in my network places and I have no idea how to access the router to change security settings. So just how do I get this network 'password protected' with this community of computers? In case it matters, only the laptop VISTA is actually a wireless connection.

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello, wireless network has been disabled on my laptop. It is a HP Compaq 6720s with Windows Vista Basic. It is not the wireless switch. I have tried everything in device manager & other help i could find online but nothing is working!

A:how to enable wireless network on vista?

Hello nickig105 and welcome to the forums

Can you do the following for me please:

CKScanner

Please download CKScanner from here to your Desktop.

Make sure that CKScanner.exe is on the your Desktop before running the application!

Double-click on CKScanner.exe and click Search For Files.
After a very short time, when the cursor hourglass disappears, click Save List To File.
A message box will verify the file saved
Attach the log CKFiles.txt that has been created on your desktop with your next post

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Download and install MBAM from here
Run a full scan and attach the log with your next post for me to analyse

OTL

Download OTL to your desktop.
Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed to let it run uninterrupted.
When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.
Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.
Once OTL has completed its first scan it will save notepad copies of the scans in the folder that OTL was started from. Unless set to produce an Extras log it will only produce OTL.txt in subsequent scans.

A copy of an OTL fix log is saved in a text file at

:\_OTL\MovedFiles
in most cases this will be C:\_OTL\MovedFiles

Please attach both OTL.txt and Extras.txt with your next post for me to analyse

SFC Scan

1. Open the start menu
2. In the search box, type cmd
3. Right click on cmd and select Run as administrator
4. In command prompt, type:

sfc /scannow

5. Let it run and let me know if it finds any Integrity Violations
Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/290991-how-enable-wireless-network-vista.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello everyone I'm running into a problem with an uncle's custom desktop where the wireless network is refusing to enable even after enabling the connection Here is a enable to network refuses Wireless brief history Buy and install a Belkin wireless USB adapter Wireless networks is enabled but not Wireless network refuses to enable picking up any SSID Insure WLAN auto-config is enabled and no rd party wireless managers are installed My Uncle returns the Belkin and gets a Linksys by Cisco USB wireless adapter Wireless network connection is disabled Attempted to run the installation utility for the USB adapter however it errors out stating the windows wireless manager isn't managing the wireless network I went into services msc disabled WLAN auto-config and re-enabled with the same issue I thought something with Belkin may have hi-jacked the wireless management so I ran revo-uninstaller against the Belkin to remove the application and any related registry keys Unfortunately the issue persists Even after telling him that it isn't an issue with with the USB adapters he returned it for a NETGEAR PCI adapter Again same issue wireless networks show disabled enabling the connection says it is successful but the connection never enabled One thing I didn't mention is that the devices are seen in device manager so its not an issue with the devices not being detected I'm currently doing a System restore taking a little while to make sure there was nothing missed between the Belkin where Wireless network connection was enabled I'll of course be updating with my results when it is done I know this has to be something stupid that is causing it When isn't it something stupid The only thing that I can conclude at this time is either the bit OS running on bit capable equipment or something is really screwed with the OS luckily my uncle is willing to format and reinstall if all else fails Any suggestions is much appreciated been banging my head against the wall on this one for a week now Thanks in advanced Glitched

A:Wireless network refuses to enable

Just to clarify something because I don't see it above, was the belkin material ever correctly removed before starting with the new linksys software installation?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/153619-wireless-network-refuses-enable.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1, on an HP G60-120US laptop.  I have an Atheros AR5009 wireless adapter.
I have no problems with internet access.  However, in Network and Sharing Center I left click on "change adapter settings", right click on Wireless Network Connection, and then left click on Properties I get an error box that says "An unexpected error occurred."  I tried to do a clean boot using MSCONFIG but that did not work.  I tried to uncheck the "Load startup items" box but after restarting it was shaded solid again.  I then tried to check the "Diagnostic Startup" radio button and then click on "apply" but it jumps right back to selective startup.  Can you please help me clean my laptop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603920/cant-change-wireless-adapter-properties-in-network-connections-windows-7/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am trying to reserve an IP for my computer but when I went to the Connection with issue protocols, missing and services Network Properties clients, properties of my wireless network connection the connection properties window is Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing missing everything except for Client for Microsoft Networks Even the connect using field has nothing Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing in it The wireless connection is working but I can t get to the TCP IP protocol to reserve the IP instead of using DHCP Here is an image of the issue An screen cap of my wireless network connection properties can be seen here http i photobucket com albums hh gremmie untitled jpg Has anyone ever seen this Any ideas to fix it Thanks for any info EDIT I forgot to mention that when I click the install button and click either client service or protocol I get an error message that says quot Could not add the requested component The error is The system cannot find the file specified quot so I can t reinstall the TCP IP Protocol to reserve the IP nbsp

A:Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing

Click on install then choose protocol then add and see....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-properties-issue-with-protocols-clients-and-services-missing.692118/
Relevancy 63.21%

I am working on my neice's Satellite M35X-S149 and the Internet Connection was working, but its telling me that the wireless network interface is disabled and I can't find how to enable it.

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I am using Win XP SP and am unable to disable my Local Area Connection When I try I get the following message quot Error Disabling Connection It is not possible to disable the connection at this time This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play or it may have been initiated by another user or system account quot Now the reason I am trying to disable it is Cannot my connection. network disable because it seems this issue has a lot to do with and could be the cause of another problem I am having This problem is that every time I restart the computer I loose network and internet access and the only way I can recover it is by first uninstalling my Anti Virus amp Spy software which also has a firewall and internet shield and second by restarting the PC Even without the Anti Virus amp Spy software and the system restarted with good network and internet access I cannot disable the Local Area Connection When I reinstall the Anti Virus amp Cannot disable my network connection. Spy software and restart again the network works perfectly fine but only until I restart the second time with the Anti Virus amp Spy software installed Afterwards when when the computer boots up access to the network and to the internet is lost again This is very frustrating I have had to uninstall and reinstall the Anti Virus amp Spy software regularly in order to get around this problem and continue my work safely I am hoping you can help me with this I am certain the Anti Virus software is not the problem because I have the same software installed in another Win XP machine with no problem at all and the problem was there before I installed the Anti Virus software the first time I have a lot of programs installed in my computer so I am hoping I will not have to reinstall them or Win XP and that there is an easier solution to this which perhaps has to do with what is described in this thread Thank you very much in advance and here is my report from ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Host Name cerebellum Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ca comcast net Description Com C Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller C C-TX Compatible Physical Address -E - - - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday May AM Lease Expires Tuesday May AM

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-disable-my-network-connection-102103.html
Relevancy 62.78%

im using mozilla... and the internet connection is thru LAN of my college.. my problem is when i surf the internet... the windows asking me to connect thru Bluetooth and dial-up connection keep pooping up and when i close the window my mozilla will stop loading page and shows 'Problem loading page' page...

how to disable the window popup? thank u in advance...

A:How to disable network connection?

Try using IE7 instead of Mozilla. Make sure you have all the Microsoft critical updates installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-disable-network-connection.92610/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hiya The Network Connection Manager NCM provides a controlling mechanism for all network connections managed by a host system Among the functions of the NCM is to call a handler routine whenever a network connection has been established By design this handler routine should run in Network 14 Could Privilege in Elevation: Aug Enable Connection Flaw Win2000: Manager the security context of the user However a flaw could make it possible for an unprivileged user to cause the handler routine to run in the security context of LocalSystem though a very complex process An attacker who exploited this flaw could Flaw in Network Connection Manager Could Enable Privilege Elevation: Win2000: Aug 14 specify code of his or her choice as the handler then establish a network connection in order to cause that code to be invoked by the NCM The code would then run with full system privileges Maximum Severity Rating Critical Affected Software Microsoft Windows Download locations for this patch Microsoft Windows http www microsoft com downloads Release asp ReleaseID http www microsoft com technet treeview default asp url technet security bulletin ms - asp Regards eddie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flaw-in-network-connection-manager-could-enable-privilege-elevation-win2000-aug-14.91521/
Relevancy 62.35%

I am using Microsoft driver message (Netgear device network connection is 'enabled' WNA3100) wi-fi although Cannot enable for the above device Drivers loaded ok device manager seems to think it's fine Device seems just Cannot enable wi-fi device (Netgear WNA3100) network connection although message is 'enabled' fine blue light flashing as it should Anti-virus external firewall Zonealarm Exteme etc all shut down to find problem Primary ethernet connection disabled Network Cannot enable wi-fi device (Netgear WNA3100) network connection although message is 'enabled' and sharing Center Change adapter settings allows nbsp me to enable says enabling then enabled however it never changes status and remains disabled Netgear driver latest for nbsp win which I use installs fine until final part 'detecting adapter' which fails - never gets there and needs to be forcefully terminated I've removed the Netgear software entirely I've changed USB ports and done just about as much as I can From a management point of view I hate windows To get to simple information it is far more difficult than previous OS's As an example I have no idea how to get my OS version number I know it is Windows Bit Home edition but thats all I can say The network adapter works perfectly under XP-sp and this is dual-boot machine so hardware is obviously identical apart from SSD boot for Win and HDD for XP Any help appreciated - or any questions I can answer to help me out Thanks Dave

A:Cannot enable wi-fi device (Netgear WNA3100) network connection although message is 'enabled'

Well, there are some service dependencies, but they may or may not have any affect on the device driver itself.  Still, you could check and make sure they're running:
WLAN Autoconfig service
RPC service
EAP service

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/89ba0213-a91f-4a39-9cb1-e91a616591cd/cannot-enable-wifi-device-netgear-wna3100-network-connection-although-message-is-enabled?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 62.35%

My laptop (Dell 600m, Window XP) can't detect wireless network suddenly. On the lower right hand corner, there's an "X" on the wireless network icon. I've tried "view the available network", "repair" by right clicking the icon but it did not go anywhere. I also checked the "wireless switch" (Fn+F2) and device manager->network adapter->Intel PRO 2200BG wireless connector, both seems to be fine. So, any help here will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 61.92%

I'm a novice. I have 2 older computers and neither one will connect to the Internet. I had my IS provider out here to test my connection. My phone roku and chromebook work fine. Can't afford to pay for the Geek squad please help.

A:Can a virus disable wireless Internet connection

Hi bap2014 and welcome to BleepingComputer!

It can connect to router but have no connection or cannot connect at all?

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530255/can-a-virus-disable-wireless-internet-connection/
Relevancy 61.92%

Every so often (it could be 5 minutes or an hour) I lose my connection. Then I have to disable and enable my wi-fi adapter (a Linksys USB adapter) to get it to work again. Usually that works until the next disconnection. However, sometimes even when I disable and enable it won't work for a few minutes of waiting and disabling and enabling again. I can connect to either a 5ghz connection or a more standard connection (I can't remember the ghz.. I think it's 2.2-2.4 or something), but I have the same problem either way. I've been having this problem for the past couple weeks or so. Before that I had the exact same connection set up and didn't have the problem.

Here's what it looks like when I'm connected:

Here's what it looks like when I get disconnected:

Finally, here's what it looks like when I disable the wi-fi adapter:

Any help would be much appreciated.

A:Keep losing wireless connection, have to disable and enabl

[Edit: I added some information here, but I had it slightly wrong.]

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/71111-keep-losing-wireless-connection-have-disable-enabl.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi !

I have a wireless router at home and it recognizes the neighbours network too.
I downloaded a program called netstumbler and it lists the network too.
How can I block it?

Thanks

A:How to disable wireless network

Netstumbler is an older program I have used befoe. I don't think it has been updated in several years. Are you using any form of encryption on your network ? Is the neighbors encrypted? Make sure you are using a unique network workgroup name for your network.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/133428-how-disable-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I promised myself I'd find the solution to this and I think I did but my laptop is not cooperating So b I keep going I thought I'd ask D Although my laptop Dell Vostro running XP would connect with no problem to my belkyn wireless router with no problem I couldn't find wireless routers in my selection when I would go to a friend's house for example I found the keeps can't disconnecting connection / WAS Internet networks.. wireless view solution Internet connection keeps disconnecting / WAS can't view wireless networks.. to that Start - gt run - gt typed quot services msc quot - gt and made sure that wireless zero configuration was quot start quot enable I close that window and go into run - gt quot ncpa cpl quot - gt ok - gt view available connetions then refresh I go to network settings I am in the wireless Internet connection keeps disconnecting / WAS can't view wireless networks.. network window at this point click quot change advanced setting quot - gt advanced Internet connection keeps disconnecting / WAS can't view wireless networks.. -- gt windows network -- gt and I click quot use windows to configure my wireless network settings quot After that I can connect to the internet but it keeps disconnecting after just a few seconds Reading on a solution it says download updated drives but I went to dell an the latest drivers are from or So there are no drivers to update At one point a few months ago I know I caused this when I went in and deleted all my neighbors's network connections I did something wrong b c not even my own belkyn would show up even though I connected fine Any ideas Should I just d l the drivers Thank you

A:Internet connection keeps disconnecting / WAS can't view wireless networks..

Won't hurt to reinstall the drivers . . even if they are not real new.

After that, thenext time is does not work, Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-connection-keeps-disconnecting-was-cant-view-wireless-networks-562033.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I cant view network computers via wireless in windows xp.

its my work computer and i need to connect to the printer is anybody can help me asap i would gladly appreciate it...thank you in advanced...

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\bodyshop2>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : bodyshop2
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : launchmodem.com

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethe
rnet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-02-3F-D8-C9-4A

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : launchmodem.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Wireless-B Notebook Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0F-66-06-6A-C8
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.104
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, June 18, 2007 9:16:37 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:16:37 AM

Relevancy 61.49%

how do I disable my wireless connection card and Bluetooth in the bio of my window 8 desktop. thanks

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I have a question on the disabling of auto-connect function of ThinkVantage for one particular profile I have not been able to find the answer online despite multiple searches thus I hope you can assist me on this I am currently using a Lenovo T Thinkpad with Windows XP though I am unable to find the version of ThinkVantage Access Connections I have a ThinkVantage profile saved for connecting to my home router One Profile ThinkVantage Wireless for Disable to Auto-Connection which can be connected using LAN or WLAN However whenever I get disconnected from internet LAN cable accidentally became unplugged router disconnected for a minute etc my ThinkVantage will automatically connect to wireless and render my LAN connection useless with the quot Limited or no connectivity Disable ThinkVantage Auto-Connection to Wireless for One Profile message quot When this happens I have to manually disconnect from wireless using ThinkVantage and replug my LAN cable It s mighty annoying when it disconnects times in half an hour I have a horrible ISP So my question is is there a way I can set ThinkVantage to disable auto-connect to wireless when I m in this particular profile I have searched around the options and tried to disable the Location Switching option but it didn t work Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Disable ThinkVantage Auto-Connection to Wireless for One Profile

Hi,
In the Network Connections / Properties, you will find "TeeFer2 Driver". Uncheck this and your problem would be resolved.

Regards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disable-thinkvantage-auto-connection-to-wireless-for-one-profile.932172/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello, I have an issue with my D-link wireless network adapter. I've been trying to disable it and get a better signal, and sometimes it says it has a connection with 2 out of 4 bars but the internet will stop working for no reason. I used to be able to disable the network and repair it by right clicking the icon in the tray, when that stopped working I went to the device manager and did it that way but now that has stopped working. I got a message saying my computer hardware settings had changed and my computer needed to be restarted, and after that I could no longer disable the wireless adapter from the device manager. It's been screwy all around for months. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter-cant-disable.629542/
Relevancy 61.06%

I am building a wireless bridge. I am using this tutorial to do it
Building a Wireless Bridge I need to grab a laptop computer, temporarily disable any wireless network it has, and connect it via Ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router."
My laptop connect to the internet 2 ways either from my wireless router (netgear)or I have verizon wireless. I need to temp disable any wireless network.

A:temporarily disable any wireless network

If you are using windows XP,go to start/control panel/network connections.
Right click the network connection and click disable.
Do the same to reenable it,clicking enable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/temporarily-disable-any-wireless-network.673611/
Relevancy 61.06%

Un-connected my router, and have experienced this wireless problem on my laptop again.

"Repair Wireless Network Connection
Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed:
Disabling the wireless network adapter.
Make sure your network adapter is properly installed."

Managed to resolve this before somehow, but more trouble this time.
I can disable the Atheros network adapter in the device manager, no updated drivers found, can even turn wireless button on/off, none have worked. So I tried all the steps found in this old threat with same problem, to no avail:

http://forums.techguy.org/4152368-post6.html

On the 2nd point there of running: rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead 132 %windir%\inf\netrass.inf

I get

"Rundll
Error in setupapi
Missing entry:installhinfsection"

Desperate for help here!

A:Cannot disable the wireless network adapter

Did you try downloading and installing the wireless drivers. Don't just let it search for updated drivers. Did you try disabling the wireless in the BIOS? That will certainly disable it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-disable-the-wireless-network-adapter.697213/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have 2 computers (2 desktops, both desktops have a wireless connection to the internet via a Netgear router and USB adapters). Both computers have the same workgroup name and all use Windows XP Home SP2. Both computers connect to the internet fine, however,I can open a file or folder from workgroup computer PC 2 from PC 1, but when I try to access a folder on PC1 from PC 2 I get an error message states that the file is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. The network path was not found. Also, when I try to view workgroup computers from either PC I see only the comptuter I am searching from.

Other information that might be useful: Windows Firewalls are on, AVG Internet Security is installed and running on one and McAfee Security is running on the other one. I can ping each one to the othe fine. All permissions are properly set for sharing.

A:Cannot view workgroup computers via Wireless Network?

Can you ping both ways by computer name? Have you disabled all firewalls to see if this is a firewall issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-view-workgroup-computers-via-wireless-network.614697/
Relevancy 61.06%

I can't get a vista PC to view web pages on a wireless network. It is connecting OK via a Netgear USB adapter with updated Vista drivers and Netgear software but when I try to reach a page I get "page not found"

I have noticed in the IE address bar it is trying to reach a long garbled URL beginning with autoredirectaol%"*%&)$

ISP is AOL.

Could it be wanting to to sign into AOL first?

Norton Internet Security is also installed could this be blocking something?

Still getting to grips with Vista so any help would be appreciated

Ian

A:can't get a vista PC to view web pages on a wireless network

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Also...

Changes that may help to increase the compatibility of Vista with older networking devices:

Disable the IP Helper service:

1. Go to Start and type in "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Scroll down to the IP Helper service, right click on it and select Properties
3. In the dropdown box that says "Automatic" or "Manual", set it to Disabled and then click on "Apply"
4. Then click on "Stop" to stop the service from running in the current session
5. Click OK to exit the dialog

Disable IPv6:

1. Go to Start and type in "ncpa.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Right click on each network connection and select "Properties"
3. Remove the checkmark from the box next to "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
4. Click OK to exit the dialog

NOTE: You should do this for each network connection.

Disable the DHCP Broadcast Flag:

Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928233

Go to Start and type in regedit and press Enter.
Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}
In this registry path, click the (GUID) subkey to be updated.
If the key DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag does not exist, use the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value. In the New Value #1 box, type DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then press ENTER. If the key exists, skip this step.
Right-click DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
Close Registry Editor.
NOTE: You should do this for each and every GUID subkey.

The only program I'm aware of that currently relies on IPv6 is the new Windows Meeting Space. The first 2 changes will cause that program not to work - but will leave all of your normal (IPv4) connections unaffected. If it causes problems that you can't overcome, simply revert back to the original settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-a-vista-pc-to-view-web-pages-on-a-wireless-network.656826/
Relevancy 61.06%

I m going to try to include as much info as I won't Can network wireless view connect but laptop can but please bare with me as I m struggling with all of this and am utterly frustrated after weeks of trying to figure out what s going on Basically I have a Gateway laptop it s about yrs old has had some issues in the past and is now operating on a bootleg copies of Windows tablet XP I have been connecting Can view wireless network but laptop won't connect to the wireless router that is set up in our house but there were some connectivity issues recently and my mother reinstalled Can view wireless network but laptop won't connect it and set up the network all over again Now I cannot connect with my laptop The network will show up as available to connect and when I click on it it asks for the WEP key which my mother set and I type it in and nothing happens It doesn t give me an error message that I typed Can view wireless network but laptop won't connect in the wrong key The box simply goes away and I stay unconnected Nothing on my laptop was changed in anyway from when it was connecting to when it wasn t There is another Newer Dell Laptop in the house and that can connect to the wireless network and work without issue I m at a total loss as to what I should do and its becoming quite a sore topic in our house Please Help if you can The router is a belkin router if that helps at all nbsp

A:Can view wireless network but laptop won't connect

no help with pirated versions of windows here

closed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-view-wireless-network-but-laptop-wont-connect.948772/
Relevancy 61.06%

Greetings,
i'm having an HP laptop with windows 7 installed on it, but cannot view available wireless network. under network and settings i can see the wireless network card, which means the wireless drivers has been installed. but can't view my wireless network but other computers are viewing my wireless network.

Please i need your help.
Thanks

A:WIN 7, laptop unable to view available wireless network

What model is the HP?
Make and model of the wireless card?
Is it showing any wireless networks, just not yours?
Is the wireless card turned on? i.e., Wireless indicator light is on.
Has the card been disabled? No Wireless icon in task bar, shows disabled status in Network and Setings or Properties.
Have you checked Device Manager, Network Adapters to see if any problem indicators show?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-laptop-unable-to-view-available-wireless-network.1076693/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi guys,
I am trying to log into my wireless network at home and when I try to view wireless networks I get a box that tells me I do not have sufficient privileges to access or change them.

Its XP, IBM Thinkpad laptop..

A:Cannot View Wireless Network on Laptop? Error

Are you running as an administrator? If yes, reply back to me with more detail. If no, log on as an administrator.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-view-wireless-network-on-laptop-error.710051/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi there, I have 1 laptop and 1 Desktop PC connected to my wireless network, using a adapter for the desktop. I cannot see my desktop for example if i go to "network" on my laptop. the only computer there is my laptop, but not my desktop. I have enabled sharing etc...and tried going to the individual folders and enabling them for sharing. No luck. Would appreciate any help at all.

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all,

So I have two internet connections.

The wireless is one I share with my roommates and is fast. The wired NIC connects to a router which has slower internet. The reason I connect to the wired router is so my PC can talk to a linux machine, which I use for some data downloading/analysis.

I want to disable internet from the wired connection but keep the ability to talk to other machines on the wired network. I just changed the IPv4 settings and deleted the DNS server information. Is this the best way to do so? I want the wireless to provide internet.

Thanks!

A:Disable internet on wired connection but still see network computers

As long as both your wireless and ethernet adapters remain enabled, that seems like a fine solution. So does it work?

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/91805-disable-internet-wired-connection-but-still-see-network-computers.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone. I'm having a problem with my laptop, I used to be able to share my internet when I created a wireless ad-hoc network. (I used this network to connect my mobile phone via WIFI and use my laptop's internet on the phone) Unfortunately I've only manage to do that the first 2 days, after that when I try to create a ad-hoc wireless network, it doesn't show the option "Internet Sharing" any more.
I had to make it work again, so I've restored the PC to a previous date. And it worked, but only for the first 2 days again.
Does anybody have a clue why the "Internet Sharing" option disappears from the network creation manager, after a while????
Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-view-internet-sharing-option-when-creating-ad-hoc-wireless-connection.841223/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,
I have two computers a desktop (pc1) and a laptop (pc2) I cannot get the laptop to see any shared folders on pc1. I have had a computer company come to my house to network it and they spent over 2 hours but could not get the laptop to see the desktop. I have a linksys wireless router and a netgear adapter for my desktop and a wireless card for my lap top. I have unchecked the simple file sharing on the desktop. Please help, no one has been able to fix this problem. Both computers have XP Professional with service pack 2. Thanks for your help.

steve

A:[RESOLVED] laptop cannot view desktop on wireless network

What firewall on the Desktop? . . you can disable it long enough to set up the sharing, then enable it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/resolved-laptop-cannot-view-desktop-on-wireless-network-172727.html
Relevancy 60.2%

i wiped my laptop and now the View wireless network icon is gone. any ideas how i could get it back because now i cannot connect to the internet

A:View Wireless network icon is gone after a wipe on my laptop

Please do not post duplicate threads on the same issue. Your other thread is located here. http://www.techsupportforum.com/f108...op-388788.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/view-wireless-network-icon-is-gone-after-a-wipe-on-my-laptop-388784.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,
Is there any way to he IE proxy settings apply via gpo when users are on the LAN and to be disabled when the laptop users are remote.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, as most of the laptop users need to manually change the proxy settings for getting connected to internet.
Regards,
Kumar G

A:Automatic Disable of Proxy setting based on network connection.

Hi,

Based my research, this may not be accomplished with Group Policy. 
Best Regards,
Kim Zhou
Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9cc98689-279e-4495-a079-0481187bdd23/automatic-disable-of-proxy-setting-based-on-network-connection?forum=ieitpropriorver
Relevancy 59.77%

A friend gave me a Linksys WRV54G wireless router which I'm using only as a wired router for my computer, tivo, and media player. After resetting it, the default settings connected everything fine. So far I've only changed the password.

In the "Wireless/Basic Wireless Settings" tab "Wireless Network Mode" is currently set to "Mixed". Should I go ahead and set that to "Disable" so no one can log onto my network? Also, in that same tab, "Wireless SSID Broadcast" is enabled. Should I disable that? Are there any other security settings I should adjust? (The firewall is enabled.)

I'm running Win 7 32-bit.

Thanks!

A:Solved: Disable Wireless for Wired Local Network?

Yes, set the Wireless Network Mode to Disabled. That is all the wireless security you need, as that actually turns the wireless off. Since the radio is also the most power hungry component you will save a little electricity and the router should run cooler.

Somewhere there is a setting for "remote access." This is to allow a login to the router from the internet; disable it if you have no need to do so. And if you do enable this make sure your login password is a good one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-disable-wireless-for-wired-local-network.1070761/
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm am creating a wireless network for my boss and would like to know if i can use a wireless/wired computer with the installed camera software on it to access the cameras that are hardwired on another computer via a wireless router. the computer that currently monitors the cameras is not hooked up to the internet, so im thinking of putting a wireless LAN on it to have it access the router and have the office computer access the cameras via the router. I wish i knew the name of the camera software to give you. any input would be great. thanks!!!

A:Hooking up a wireless network to view security camera images

Yes having a camera would work. Your camera must be an IP camera or network camera. For you to be able to do this you will need to know the brand of the camera so that you could open up the ports [Transfer image ports, Sound ports etc.]

If you like to your camera via:

LAN: This is possible by opening up the browser and typing in the IP address of the camera

Internet/WAN: Open a browser and put in the WAN IP of your router and the port ex. http:66.x.x.x:8080

Let me know if there is anymore unclear to you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hooking-up-a-wireless-network-to-view-security-camera-images.515992/