Windows Support Forum

Dell Latitude E6410 black secreen on charging

Q: Dell Latitude E6410 black secreen on charging

Now I got a new problem on my dell Latitude E6410, I install windows 7 ultimate 64bit, and instal all upadates, its works fine, but when I plug in or plug out charger pin there is appear total black screen for a moment, I tried power settings and so many things about graphics but fail, if anyone have a solution then tell me, I'll be glad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-e6410-black-secreen-on-charging.207887/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell Latitude E6410 black secreen on charging

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 93.74%

So I have a latitude e and I have a booting issue whenever I press the power button it lights up but the screen dosen t although the screen and everything else does too after - seconds I can hear the hard drive make a sound and the fans working it shows the dell logo then it stays black screen after that I used to have this issue before too but my computer would boot up on the nd try after updating to BIOS A the problem have very much worsened and it takes about - tries to boot it up probably not even after that Yes I can boot up my PC it s not like it s gone in fact - I am typing this from my PC itself It boots up but I need to power off power on so many times I ve tried pressing F to run the diagnostics too but it stays black screen even after that OS reinstall isn t a solution already tried that So my laptop does boot up after almost tries sometimes more up Screen booting when Black - Latitude E6410 but could I get help so I can Latitude E6410 - Black Screen when booting up fix this issue

A:Latitude E6410 - Black Screen when booting up

Can you get an image on an external monitor?
General troubleshooting:  unplug system, remove battery.  Hold power button for 30 seconds -- remove and reinstall the memory modules and the hard drive.
Try powering up on AC only (no battery).  If it will but won't with the battery installed, the battery is bad.
If it still won't consistently power up, the most likely cause is a mainboard that has a bad component or cold solder joint somewhere -- the mainboard will need to be replaced to solve the problem.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986003
Relevancy 93.31%

I am wondering if it would be worth replacing the 7200 250gb hd in my dell latitude e6410 laptop with a ssd drive. micro center in Chicago has some ssd drives on sale for nice prices now and wondering if it will make a difference in performance seeing as this laptop has the i5 2.67 processor and 4 gb of ram already.

A:Dell latitude e6410 is a ssd worth it

Originally Posted by pitbullpup

I am wondering if it would be worth replacing the 7200 250gb hd in my dell latitude e6410 laptop with a ssd drive. micro center in Chicago has some ssd drives on sale for nice prices now and wondering if it will make a difference in performance seeing as this laptop has the i5 2.67 processor and 4 gb of ram already.

hello, i think it will a difference and if the price is a good price i would say its worth it ,,I have 3 ssd drives in 3 different age towers ,none in laptops,, but I will say it made a big difference in them ,but also,none of them were i5,s

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39860-dell-latitude-e6410-ssd-worth.html
Relevancy 93.31%

pfn_list_corrupt
irql_not less_or equal
unexspected_kernel_mode_trap
also error codes-
2000:0333
2000:0000
2000:0322
any help is greatly appreciated 

A:dell latitude e6410 os will not load

The hard drive has failed - replace it before you do the OS reload.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19964940
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi, I am using Dell Latitude E6410. I need graphics driver for Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
Hardware id:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_040A1028&REV_02PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_040A1028PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&CC_030000PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&CC_0300

Thanks in advance

A:Dell Latitude E6410 Video Driver

Make sure you install the chipset driver FIRST.  Then reboot and install the Intel GPU drivers.
www.dell.com/.../advanced

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19995236
Relevancy 92.45%

Have a Dell Latitude E6410 - If the laptop sits idle for a while (about 10 or so minutes) I get the BSOD. Not sure if it is related to the hibernation or not. Have a few new AC adapters I bought for it, but can't confirm that is the problem. Have read about hibernation causing an issue, but wanted to get the thoughts of the forum based on what the log collector shows. Thank you for all help !! JB

I am attaching a picture of the BSOD as well.

A:Dell Latitude E6410- If is idle for a while I get BSOD - why ?

I have an E6410 running Windows 7 Pro x64 with no issues at all.

Have you checked your drivers to ensure current versions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/364455-dell-latitude-e6410-if-idle-while-i-get-bsod-why.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I recently bought a Dell Latitude E6410 with Win 10. I have problem with its sound and mic. When I active the mic, I don't have sound on internal speaker, when I fix the sound, then the mic doesn't work. If I add an external mic it does work with sound together but not in all apps. For example, they don't work together on Skype. 
When I used Dell driver checks, it showed me the BIOS needs to be updated, but when I want to update it gives me error. 
Appreciate any help. 
Thanks. 

A:Sound and mic Problem in dell Latitude E6410

aytajalli Latitude E6410 with Win 10
Hello. Dell does not support Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 on the Latitude E6410 model and cautions that you might lose some functionality if you do run Win10. You can see the notice on the E6410 support page.
The E6410 has IDT audio hardware on the motherboard. The IDT company went out of the consumer audio business before Windows 10 came out, so I doubt that there will ever be a Win10 IDT audio driver for that model.
You can try to use the IDT Win7 audio driver in Win10, by installing it while using Compatibility mode.
1. Download and save the audio driver to your desktop or any convenient location on the hard drive.  [There are two "formats" on the driver's page. Scroll down to the 2nd one, named "Hard Drive" format, and download that one, not the 1st one named "Windows Update Package".]2. Double click on the new folder to extract (unzip) the driver files.3. The extractor wizard will create a new folder for the driver files. It will be at "c:\dell\drivers\xxxxxx". Write down the exact location that the wizard creates. 4. If the driver begins to install automatically, halt (cancel) the installation.5. Browse to the driver files on the hard drive (the location you wrote down).6. Find the "setup.exe" file.7. Right click on setup.exe to open the context menu.8. Select the Properties.9. Select the Compatibility tab.10. Check the box "run this program in compatibility mode for"... Win7.
aytajalliWhen I active the mic, I don't have sound on internal speaker,
What steps do you perform to activate the mic? What steps to fix the sound?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19985953
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello everyone,

I need help fixing a dell latitude e6410 Core i7 Laptop. I tried removing and reinstalling the cpu on the laptop and I put everything back together. When I turn on the laptop, it wont display anything on the screen. What would be the cause of this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I made sure I put in the thermal paste on cpu and installed Heatsink and fan.

The fan was clean and aswell as the heat vent.

I already tried other cpu's and it didn't boot up aswell.

Is there any special key combination do I need to press when I power on the system.

Can you think of anything else that can be useful to resolve the issue.

A:Need Help repairing Dell Latitude e6410 laptop

Are you getting any LED indicators to light up anywhere on the laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-repairing-dell-latitude-e6410-laptop.1073296/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi all, sorry for my bad english!
I buy from seller 1pc used Dell Latitude E6410. On HDD no operation system, the bios is protected by password. Boot sequence set only Internal HDD. How can i do install operation system?
What can the password? If i click on unlock icon, write: System number: JSTZXN1-2A7BHelp me, please!Thank you!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987187
Relevancy 92.45%

good evening,

I just installed a ssd drive in my dell latitude e6410 laptop. now some questions about how to keep the system in good shape..

1. is windows defender a good enough anti-virus/ security program or should I choose something else?

2. optimizing of ssd drive... how often?

3. is disk clean up safe for ssd drives? I know not to defragment ssd drives but what about disk clean up?

so far seems like the ssd drive made a big performance improvement

A:Just installed a ssd drive in my dell latitude e6410...

To answer your questions.
1. Yes Although I prefer a third party program.
2. Let Windows do it for you
3. Yes

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39961-just-installed-ssd-drive-my-dell-latitude-e6410.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi, i am using dell latitude E6410, the warranty ends, i am updating my bios from A11 to A16, the installation run well then a message show Bios Upgrade complete(Or something like that) then it reboot itself then nothing appear, its seem my laptop has brick,  what can i do?the led on on/off switch has not blue light, its just nothing,i try to call dell support they wont help me due to end of warranty , i try to disassembly this laptop then i see dual bios chip, how can i activated the secondary chip or anything can i do to bring this machine back to normal, please i begging anyone please help me i need this laptop to finish my final year project .

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986835
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello everyone.
I have a Dell Latitude E6410 laptop, which I bought it as a used laptop. Last week, while I am using it to browse websites, it SUDDENLY shutdown, then I try to turn it on again by pressing the power button, but it doesn't turn on. I look at the power adapter, it's green light is FLASHING. When I disconnect the power adapter from the laptop, the light on the power adapter is STEADY green. As soon as I connect the power adapter back to the laptop, its green light is FLASHING again. I also tried to turn on the laptop by using the battery, but it doesn't turn on. There is NO sound or light on the laptop at all. What's wrong with my laptop, is the motherboard dead? Sorry for a long message. Thank you very much for any help.

A:Dell Latitude E6410 Suddenly shutdown

Remove the battery and the AC Adapter and hold the power button down for at least 30 seconds. Put the AC adapter in and leave the battery out. try powering it up again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-e6410-suddenly-shutdown.203637/
Relevancy 92.45%

good evening,

I just installed a ssd drive in my dell latitude e6410 laptop. now some questions about how to keep the system in good shape..

1. is windows defender a good enough anti-virus/ security program or should I choose something else?

2. optimizing of ssd drive... how often?

3. is disk clean up safe for ssd drives? I know not to defragment ssd drives but what about disk clean up?

so far seems like the ssd drive made a big performance improvement

A:Just installed a ssd drive in my dell latitude e6410...

To answer your questions.
1. Yes Although I prefer a third party program.
2. Let Windows do it for you
3. Yes

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39961-just-installed-ssd-drive-my-dell-latitude-e6410.html
Relevancy 91.16%

i have a Dell latitude E and i cant get windows working on any other hard drive then then the special hard drive i setup on it i cant for the life install windows using the uefi bit on this computer i am trying E6410 install/boot Dell cant latitude windows 10 to hot swap a hard drive to this laptop from my old laptop yea i know thats not good but when ever i try to boot i get a ton of BSOD's with different errors some include irql not less or equal driver crorupted expool Kernel security check failure now i have been able to hot swap this this hard drive with other laptops and it boots my old windows no problem but on this Dell latitude E6410 cant install/boot windows 10 laptop i cant install anything even if i try to fresh install windows it also gives those errors above especially Kernel security check failure the only way Dell latitude E6410 cant install/boot windows 10 i have been able to use this laptop is to install windows bit in another similar dell laptop then put the hard drive in this laptop and boot with legacy mode

A:Dell latitude E6410 cant install/boot windows 10

I know some Dells needed a BIOS update before they'd run Windows 8 or later - have you checked it has the latest BIOS?
But also - does it have the right hardware to run UEFI?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/61459-dell-latitude-e6410-cant-install-boot-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello, I've researched extensively for a solution to why my brand new battery and AC Adapter won't fully charge.
When I first turned on the computer it charged to around 72 percent. 
Then after the first recharge, it only went up to around 48 percent.
Repeated again, and only got around 39 percent and now it seems to stay there.
I've updated the BIOS already, tried uninstalling the ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Driver and reinstalling it.
So my question is, is there any place I can download an updated driver?
The one on my computer states that its from 06/21/2006. Perhaps there's an updated driver somewhere?
My Operating System is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.
Please help.
Thank you!!!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3d017610-2c5b-4b88-81ff-e11089a58055/dell-latitude-e6410-battery-doesnt-charge-fully?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 90.3%

When making changes in the BIOS setup program subsequent access to the BIOS setup shows the settings have reverted to initial previous default nbsp values settings Things that are NOT the problem BIOS is always under either laptop battery or AC adapter power Battery and AC adapter are original not BIOS are Dell persistent settings E6410 most Notebook Latitude OEM with this computer Therefore the problem cannot be the CMOS backup battery because it only comes into play if the notebook battery and AC are disconnected at the same time The notebook battery is good It powers the unit for over hours Things that might be the problem The hard drive was replaced and Debian linux was installed The small diagnostic nbsp partition no longer exists because it wasn t transferred from the old drive to the new hard drive Finally the settings might be persistent but may be displayed incorrectly in the BIOS setup program So why do the BIOS settings not persist I suspect the Dell Latitude E6410 Notebook most BIOS settings are not persistent Dell proprietary diagnostic partition--or lack of it--is the culprit But I want to know Dell Latitude E6410 Notebook most BIOS settings are not persistent for sure And I d like a link to download the contents of the diagnostics partition for this model computer Thank you Awesome

A:Dell Latitude E6410 Notebook most BIOS settings are not persistent

Is the system set for UEFI or Legacy mode?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992967
Relevancy 90.3%

I have windows 7 professional 64 bit operating system and trying to connect samsung galaxy s4 . It connects but had exclamation mark and while troubleshooting it tells me that Bluetooth peripheral driver missing

Samsung Galaxy S 4
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
Dell Latitude E6410

Please help.
Thanks in advance

A:DELL LATITUDE E6410 Windows7 Professional 64 Bit Bluetooth peripheral

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. I take it your Bluetooth Driver is Installed ? ...

Have you Downloaded any Software for your Phone ? ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/347028-dell-latitude-e6410-windows7-professional-64-bit-bluetooth-peripheral.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I have a Dell Latitude E6410 laptop and when I try to do quotation marks, I push shift and the quotation mark key, but nothing shows up on screen until I type the next letter. When I had my old computer (which had Windows XP as its OS) there was no such delay.

Also, if the next letter following the quotation mark is an I, my computer does this:
?
That comes from me pushing the shift and quotation mark key, and then pushing the I key. Why doesn't it just do "I"? (in order to make it do that I have to type the letter I first and then go back and put in the quotation marks around it).

Does anyone know how to fix this so my quotation marks just show up immediately when I push the shift and quotation mark key, or how to make my computer stop doing this: ?

Thank you!!

A:[SOLVED] Weird quotation marks on Dell Latitude E6410 with Windows 7

Welcome to TSF!

Go to Control Panel | Clock, Region, and Language | Region and Language
Check your Location and Keyboard settings, sounds like it's set to a Non-English keyboard which uses that method to type the various diacritical marks (like the umlaut ?) over letters.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-weird-quotation-marks-on-dell-latitude-e6410-with-windows-7-a-500399.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I bought a Dell Latitude CPi laptop on eBay It worked great for awhile Then the battery wouldn t charge anymore I bought more batteries on eBay One wouldn t charge but the other one would and things were good again Then I lost the charger Then I got another one from someone who had an extra from their docking station While the charger was lost the battery that was working went dead from use Now the quot new quot charger runs the computer fine but the battery doesn t charge The battery has lights Batteries Charging Latitude CPi Dell on it It looks like you press a button on the battery and some of the lights Batteries Charging Dell Latitude CPi should come on indicating the level of charge None of the lights come on The computer says the battery is Batteries Charging Dell Latitude CPi charged It stays at but if I pull the plug the computer goes off immediately No matter how long I leave the battery or batteries in the computer charging the computer keeps indicating one or two batteries at a time Any information would be appreciated Ted Olsen nbsp

A:Batteries Charging Dell Latitude CPi

Hi ted

Dell batterys are only warranted for a year by Dell so they expect them to fail after that. It sounds like your used batteries have finally died. I have seen the indicators show fully charged or stay at different amounts but the battery still be dead.
Some things to try. Tighten all the small screws on the back of the computer. Try a NEW battery.
If the NEW battery won't charge then you have a problem with the motherboard which will need to be replaced but I believe that a new battery will fix your problem.
Yes pushing the button on the battery should show the level of charge. All the leds on means fully charged.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/batteries-charging-dell-latitude-cpi.106957/
Relevancy 79.55%

Since I ve now recently been ensnared in this problem of Dell computers which suddenly and inexplicably no longer seem to be capable of charging the laptop battery D600 Battery AC - Latitude Dell Charging Not - although the AC adaptor still appears to be fully functional in terms of powering the laptop I thought I would attempt to post the definitive thread on this issue in an attempt to identify a solution I have a probably year old Dell Latitude D laptop purchased used and running Windows XP Professional without any problems for the past - years As an electronics engineer I have no problem in diagnosing and repairing minor eletrical problems to include laptop computers About Dell Latitude D600 - AC Not Charging Battery days ago during a reboot I got the message saying that quot Warning An unknown AC power adapter has been detected gt preventing optimal system performance Strike the Dell Latitude D600 - AC Not Charging Battery F key before the F gt or F key if you do not want to see power warning messages again quot Not knowing what to make of that in terms of the implications I hit F Only Dell Latitude D600 - AC Not Charging Battery a day or so later I noticed that one of my two laptop batteries had drained to zero and appeared to not be charging correctly I checked my two laptop batteries using the built-in test button and both showed OK although one was fully discharged So the batteries are OK In checking the AC adaptor using a voltmeter I checked the output and the output was right up to spec with the output right at V I examined the laptop AC connector port and it appeared to be both solidly soldered with the connections all clean Since I know that the AC adaptor has very few moving parts few none and since one of the batteries I have is relatively new I m pretty sure the batteries and laptop are not the problem So the battery and the AC adaptor upstream all the way to the laptop all appears solid I m somewhat hazy on the internal mechanism in the laptop that detect a battery level discharge and routes power to the battery for charging while the laptop is in a powered-on or powered-off status - although I will assume it functions somewhat similar to the alternator in a car and how a car battery is charged So something physical or software has happened that has thwarted the charging mechanism My guess is something physical since during the time of my problem no software changes come to mind That suggests a physical problem I ve read some threads suggestions problems with the motherboard but I speculate that those are mostly nonsense - since no other problems associated with the motherboard have emerged My best guess is that there s some problem with the Power Circuit Board although I can t discount some other sensor failure problem that has caused the battery charging to fail This represents the extent of my best sense of the problem I won t discount all end-users problems that may possibly originate at the battery or AC adaptor level but I have definitively eliminated those issues as problems on my end so in proposing answers don t offer up either of those - or the quot motherboard quot issue as solutions either Any other possible suggestions on the way to a possible solution and if this has been as large a problem as what I ve read - any input from Dell on a solution I ll happily accept the fact that nothing lasts forever without breaking so I m not sure why I ve seen nothing very compelling on this subject from Dell nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D600 - AC Not Charging Battery

This can happen when you run a battery right down to 0%. Once there, it may never come back. I had a C600 battery do this to me. I fully discharged it, and it never took a charge again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d600-ac-not-charging-battery.786460/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help, i have a Dell latitude D820 which is having a problem when a charger is pluged in to it. When you plug a charger into the laptop the screen goes black but the laptop is still switched on. However if you turn off the laptop and try to turn it back on it powers on for about 2 seconds and then turns off. It does that with or without a charger. If you leave the laptop for about 5 minutes or so it begins working again and will boot.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

A:Dell Latitude D820 Charging issue

laptop charging issues are

knackered battery
bad terminals , fluff, dirt, bent etc etc
battery terminals dirty/greasy

other than that mobo issue where the power is attatched to the actual mobo , very common issue

try powering lappy without battery and just power lead to see what happens

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d820-charging-issue.953552/
Relevancy 79.55%

Im having a problem with my dell not charging my battery. I have 2 batteries One brand new, and one older. I just had to redo my computers operating system and when I got it back up the battery(s) will not charge. Right now one of the batterys are at %90 and is slowly going down. I did use all the drivers found on dell and Im running A-23 bios version.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Chris M

A:Problem with my Dell c600 latitude not charging either bay

Just to let you and everybody else know that I fixed my problem. I ran my battery down to 40%. I plugged in the power supply 30 mins later still at 40%. So I read some where that it could be a Bios flash issue so I got Bios ver. A-22 flashed it and ran up the computer. After full boot I then shut it down and then reflashed it to A-23 and started it back up. As soon as I restarted the computer after the second boot the charge light was on and stayed on until the battery was at 100%. So I believe that it was a bios glitch that was not allowing the charge system to run properly.

Thanks for the help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-my-dell-c600-latitude-not-charging-either-bay.38566/
Relevancy 79.55%

My Latitude E6400 Laptop Have Some Charging Problem
1.When I connect Charger to My Laptop Blue Light Blinks
2.When Battery Full 100% At That Time Blue Light Blinks

A:Dell Latitude E6400 Charging Problem

What is the problem exactly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/290756-dell-latitude-e6400-charging-problem.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi all. My battery wouldnt hold a charge so i decided to replace it with a new dell extended life battery.
problem is, when i plug in the charger all i get is plugged in, not charging.
i have tried
1- removing battery and charger and holding power button for 20sec
2-deleted and reinstalled the battery drivers
3- loaded my bios by default
i have tried another dell charger, though mine is proper volts and amps also.
i have heard some people need to update bios, but i cant do this now battery is at 8% and i flung the old battery out.

any ideas?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996991
Relevancy 73.96%

I just tried it from WIN Pro nbsp This was even with the WIN upgrader telling me that it didn t see any problems with me upgrading to Win nbsp HAH The whole thing came crashing down telling me that my OS had to be repaired but that it couldn t do thatbecause I wasn t on line and didn t know what else to TO 10 an DO Latitude UPGRADE WIN E6410 on NOT do nbsp The entire computer was sitting dead in the water There was literally nothing I could do except a complete re-install of Win nbsp SO I did that DO NOT UPGRADE TO WIN 10 on an E6410 Latitude and then I had all DO NOT UPGRADE TO WIN 10 on an E6410 Latitude these WIN updates to install again except that all my Dell drivers were wiped out as well nbsp So I had to download a Dell Lan driver just so I could plug it in to the internet and get all the rest of the Dell drivers that the WIN upgrade so nicely obliterated nbsp CURSE YOU WINDOWS I finally after hours of messing with it and reinstalling my virus protection and assorted other headaches I have WIN reinstalled and it will now even connect to a wireless connection nbsp yes that driver was smoked as well At any rate DO NOT try to install WIN on an E Latitude no matter WHAT WIN tells you

A:DO NOT UPGRADE TO WIN 10 on an E6410 Latitude

Sorry to hear that :-( Unfortunately Windows 10's upgrade program generally does a hardware check to make sure the hardware is technically compatible, but your computer is one of a few Dell didn't get drivers for.  If it did work, you would have to rely on generic Microsoft drivers which can have their own issues. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987126
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello everyone- I bought this Latitude Overheating! - PLEASE E6410 help Dell Latitude E off of ebay recently and it s been nothing but a nightmare Here is PLEASE help - Latitude E6410 Overheating! my issue- the laptop gets VERY hot during normal usage For PLEASE help - Latitude E6410 Overheating! example just typing this message it s hovering around degrees Celsius I have tried literally everything- running Linux instead of Windows I poked around in the bios and found nothing replaced the CPU fan replaced thermal paste and installed a copper shim on the GPU did a deep dust cleaning of the entire thing nbsp I ve noticed that the fan doesn t even spool up until the PLEASE help - Latitude E6410 Overheating! CPU and GPU start hitting around c Running prime the laptop began to climb to about degrees Celsius before I immediately stopped the test Is this how these laptops are meant to run I should mention that I am using the model with the i - m and the NVIDIA m nbsp Any help is greatly appreciated as I really like the design and speed of the laptop its just too hot to use nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990999
Relevancy 73.96%

I am working on a friend s Dell Latitude E We are trying to refurbish it for her to give to her year old daughter for Christmas The plan is to first install Win and then make an image and then try to upgrade to Win Here are my challenges The laptop was purchased with a downgrade Latitude Questions E6410 to XP Pro SP but there is a Win Pro COA on the back I have successfully installed and activated an OEM version of Win Pro SP had to use the automated system to do it but there are some drivers missing and I am not sure yet if those will come down with Windows Update I would prefer to use a Dell branded disc but I Latitude E6410 Questions will have to hunt around to see if I can find one Suggestions The current battery is a cell type W The AC adapter that she says belongs to the laptop is a watt model LA NM I can only get blinking amber charging light so either the battery is shot or this watt power supply is not adequate to charge the battery At this point I think I have to assume that the battery is shot so now I need to find a cost effective replacement I found some options on Amazon for a and cell at around but I don t think the watt power supply would charge those batteries Do I need to find a matching cell battery Or should we get a larger power supply and larger battery nbsp Where would be a good source for a replacement battery I am hesitant to do much more with it as far as OS updates with a flakey battery It appears to run with just the AC adapter but there was one time that I plugged it in and turned it on and it immediately turned off again so that has me concerned Thanks PK

A:Latitude E6410 Questions

It would be best NOT to upgrade to win 10. Laptops do not have all the necessary dell drivers to run 10 and there never will be any dell win 10 drivers for E6410. Windows 7 is the best option. 
About the battery--consider using the laptop without a battery since Dell replacement batteries are required and that can be too expensive--over $139. If it works without the battery installed using just the adapter, it can be a desktop replacement. If refurbishing costs over $100, it would be better to buy a tablet or a budget laptop or desktop for $229* instead. Laptops usually last for 3-4 years so that model is on its last legs and is not worth spending much or any money on. 
*http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-14-3452-laptop/pd?oc=fndof007h&model_id=inspiron-14-3452-laptop 
See dell replacement batteries and adapters HERE 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19661303
Relevancy 73.96%

I purchased a used Latitude E6410 which is running Windows 10 Pro on a legacy boot, because I couldn't get the computer to install Windows 10 Pro using UEFI.  The BIOS is showing version X35, which doesn't appear to be the right BIOS for this computer (A16 being the most recent BIOS in Dell Support).  Should I try to flash the BIOS to A16?  Obviously, the last thing I want to do is turn a working computer into a dead brick.
Thanks in advance.

A:Latitude E6410 BIOS

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
We see that the system mention ( latitude 6410 ) is not tested to run windows 10 operating system. We would request you to install windows 7 as thats the last tested operating system for this system.The reason we are asking you to downgrade the version of windows as you will not find the correct drivers and updates will not meet the minimum system requirements.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19996560
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a Latitude E6410 with one odd issue- the cursor moves by itself, normally to the lower left hand corner of the screen, but not always. It doesn't seem to matter whether I'm using the touchpad or external mouse. It's pretty much always done this, but seems to be a little worse as of late. I just tried updating the latest version of the Alps software and the issue has persisted. Any ideas?

A:Latitude E6410 cursor moving by itself

Did you ever get to the bottom of your issues with the wandering cursor. I have a bad problem with that. I removed the battery, put back in. Changed power supplys, went into touchpad properties and disabled the pointstick, turned off scrolling, pinch zoom, desensitized it and I don't have any problems now. I don't know which one of these items actually fixed it. There is a video of guy having issues with his at this address. Copy and paste this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88zNZz6WugM&feature=em-share_video_user
He would have the issue when he hit the left side of his touchpad on the plastic. So maybe there is some touching of metal there.
Anyhow mine seems to be working ok now. I have tried to make it wander again and I have not been able to duplicate the problem so maybe it will not happen again.
What happen to yours?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19545033
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello everyone!
I have a question. Is a Dell Latitude E6410 laptop good for gaming? Beacuse I'd like to buy myself a PC, but I don't know if it will be worth to buy a cheap one...
Most of the PC's I saw on Allegro (Polish site for buying stuff, like Ebay) are 100, 200 zł ( 3,97 zł = 1 US $ ). I have connected Creative's speaker's to my laptop, a Logitech M-BJ58 wheel mouse, and an additional monitor for more stuff on the screen, or screens actually , for better results of the laptop. It's working great but still I'm missing the super power of a PC
So thanks to everyone that will help!

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/45179-latitude-e6410-good-gaming.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a Dell E6410 running Win 7 Pro SP1, and the E Legacy Extender PRO4X.  However, the laptop does not recognize the extender when they are connected.  Is this a driver issue, laptop, or OS issue?  Also, does Win 10 recognize this extender.  
I also have a Dell E6400 running Win 7 Pro SP1, and it does recognize the extender.
Thanks in advance,
Tim

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19684373
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello,

all I got a new E6410 and 2 docking stations around a month ago.
The problem I have is that when the notebook is in my office docking station it is really really slow.
I can watch while window contents are draw, switching messages inthugnerbird takes a couple of seconds.
In the home dokcing station everything is fine.

Can anyone give me a hint what I can do about.
I'm planning on calling dell support, but I guess they'll be pretty sceptical.

Regards
   Adi

A:Latitude E6410 slow when in docking station

it may be taking forever trying to access network shares which are available at home but not at work.
I suggest swapping the two docking stations. If the same docking station has the same performance, then the one which causes slow performance is defective in some way. If the laptop is still slow at work and fast at home, then the problem is caused by there being something different about the environment.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19363340
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello,
I have a Latitude E6410 working fine. Today, I've reinstalled everything (Windows, Drivers, etc)
Then I've updated the bios (A04) with this update : http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=R305353
The update has been made without any error, and at the end a message said something like 'installation was successfull' in green letters. Cool.Then the computer rebooted by itself.Then I've nothing more than a blank screen...Not cool.
Could you please help me ?
Thanks in advance

A:blank screen after bios update - Latitude E6410

Hi lordyan,
Please shut down the computer and then run the hardware diagnostics, follow the steps below.
Press the Fn + power this will intitate the hardware diagnostics. Let us know if there is any error code listed. In addition remove and reseat the memory, hard drive and check if the issue persists. Follow the steps below.
To remove and reseat the memory, hard drive use the link below.
http://dell.to/17xTZkS
In this link punch in the system service tag or express service code and you can access the user manual.
Let me know about the progress.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19539697
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello,
Latitude E6410 - can I change the LCD display resolution 1280×800 to 1440×900 ?

A:Latitude E6410 LCD resolution 1280×800 change 1440×900

You'll need to replace the display panel and video cable harness with a higher resolution model, but yes - you can do that.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19989400
Relevancy 71.38%

I am trying to fix a friends Dell D600 Latitude Laptop.

They are not very good with computers, and they thought it had a virus so gave it to me to look at.

But when i try to turn it on all the lights light up and it makes a sound like it is going to boot, but doesnt actually boot up. The screen is completely blank. I have taken out the memory and put it back in, tried pressing every F button and using Fn which some people suggested online.

But nothing works, i have also tried putting in the XP disc and also connecting it to another monitor and pressing Fn +F8 but still nothing.

I don't want to give up on it. :(

I am not a computer expert but it makes a noise when i press it on, so to me it still has life

Is there anything i can do??

Thanks.

J

A:Dell Latitude D600 black screen.

Hi and welcome to TSF can you get to the bios by tapping the del key or enter key when booting

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-latitude-d600-black-screen-661665.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi there,
I have a Latitude E6410, running Windows 7 32 bit. My Integrated camera doesn't work as it doesn't have the drivers installed. 
I have searched everywhere for the drivers, but all I can find is Win XP drivers or Firmware, all of which are of no use to me.
Could someone help? I tried searching in Device Manager but it doesn't even list it.
This is a windows 7 image.
Any help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
el

A:Latitude E6410, Windows 7 32Bit - Need Integrated Webcam drivers

Is this exe also working for win8?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19425855
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, my dell laptop won't boot. no beep codes, and I have 2 different LED POST codesWhen charger is plugged in the code is
ON-FLASH-ON or SOLID-BLINKING-SOLID
When charger is unplugged, battery only:
ON-FLASH-FLASH or SOLID-BLINKING-BLINKING (the blinks are not the same time, they alternate)

And after some time of trying, the laptop will boot but error will be shown which is this
if I run the diagnostics, result will show that memory is okay, but it will fail the test when it is testing the hard drive.

Is this a motherboard problem? I tried re-seating the RAM but same problem with occur.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994441
Relevancy 70.52%

Woke up the computer and all I got was a black screen and a white arrow (mouse cursor). Safe Mode all Version Give the Same. Can only use the computer from bootable media and the repair option under F8. Not sure what programs I need to download / run. Typing this on a different computer. Ran Superantivirus from a Hirens Boot USB and it found things on drive "X" ( likely false positives) and the cookies. Last working did not change anything. Awaiting your answer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632031/black-screen-of-death-win-7-dell-latitude-d620/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have note: Preparing Automatic Repair, PC ran into a problem, Kerner security check failure and then IRQL not less or equal. Anybody can help upgrade to 8 gb

A:Latitude E6410 memory upgrade with Kingston 4+4gb 204 pin 1333 model KVR13S9S8/4.

Return the "value" RAM and get either Kingston's KTD RAM or buy from Crucial -- or just about any other good quality RAM (i.e., NOT Value RAM or Value Select, etc.).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19963451
Relevancy 69.66%

hello my friends got a quick question for you i have a dell latitude e6430 i wiped it stuck on a fresh windows 7 and well all going great apart from one small problem when i plug in and out my ac power jack the screen goes black for a second or 2 it happens when i plug in and pull out both dont know what is causing this do u have any ideas

A:dell latitude e6430 screen gose black for 2 seconds

Hello Joseph mate I take it this is not your main machine or at all? The Dell site as always not helpful but I would suggest downloading and installing the driver for the graphics from Intel https://downloadcenter.intel.com/sea...+graphics+4000
I always use manufacturers site rather than the Windows feature because I am not so sure it is that reliable. Now you might get a message that says the download is older than what is installed and in that case leave it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/372288-dell-latitude-e6430-screen-gose-black-2-seconds.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a Dell Latitude e6410 connected to a PR03x docking station.  I recently got a U2713HM monitor and connected to the docking station via the DVI port.  The cable used is a dual link DVI-D cable (24 pin).  The maximum resolution that Windows 7 allows 1680 x 1050 "recommend".  Plug in a VGA cable is I get over 1920 x 1080 but less then the 2560 x 1440.  I've already download the latest drivers from the laptop and monitor. no luck.  
Any suggestions?

A:U2713HM + Latitude e6410 + PR03X = maximum resolution 1680 x 1050 on Windows 7

Hi Ted4Wong,
You can definitely get the 2560x1440 resolution on the Dell U2713HM using your Dell Latitude e6410. But, for that you would have to connect your monitor to the laptop directly through the Display Port. And, for that you would need a Display Port cable as well. If you do not have one, then you would have to purchase from any retailer nearby. A Display port and its cable looks as follows:

The display port on your laptop is located on the back side of your laptop just like the picture above. Your Latitude laptop e6410 supports a maximum resolution of 2560x1600 @60Hz refresh rate. However, the Dell monitor U2713HM supports a maximum resolution of 2560x1440 @60Hz ; a little less than that of your laptop, but its the exact resolution you desired for. Below is a screenshot from the monitor's manual stating the same for your reference. Also you can see where the Display Port is on your monitor. (Refer to label 3 below in the picture)

Below are the resolution details of the monitor

If you want the manual of the monitor then you can copy and paste the link below in your browser to open it :
ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_electronics/esuprt_Display/dell-u2713hm_User%27s%20Guide_en-us.pdf
Make sure you have Adobe Reader installed on the computer as it is in pdf file format.
Hope this helps.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19519195
Relevancy 69.23%

I'm able to get to a command line from a Win - retail install disk - and have tried sfc scannow but it hasn't fixed it - 'Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations' If this is in the wrong forum please advise - not sure if that's because it's started from outside the original OS - awaiting delivery of recovery media shipped from Dell - - farbar recovery scan tool log below Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-MM RG V on - - Running from F Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST must be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Tutorial e6520 laptop screen of on Win7 death dell latitude 64 Black for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file Black screen of death on Win7 64 dell latitude e6520 laptop will not be moved HKLM Run Apoint gt C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe - - Alps Electric Co Ltd HKLM Run SysTrayApp gt C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe - - IDT Inc HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI gt C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card WLTRAY exe - - Dell Inc HKLM Run FreeFallProtection gt C Program Files x STMicroelectronics AccelerometerP FF Protection exe - - HKLM Run TdmNotify gt C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Access Advanced Wave Trusted Drive Manager TdmNotify exe - - Wave Systems Corp HKLM Run DFEPApplication gt c Program Files Dell Feature Enhancement Pack DFEPApplication exe - - Dell Inc HKLM-x Run IMSS gt C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components IMSS PIconStartup exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run Dell Webcam Central gt C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe - - Creative Technology Ltd HKLM-x Run RemoteControl gt C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run PDVD LanguageShortcut gt C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD Language Language exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run RoxWatchTray gt C Program Files x Common Files Roxio Shared OEM SharedCOM RoxWatchTray OEM exe - - Sonic Solutions HKLM-x Run Desktop Disc Tool gt C Program Files x Roxio OEM Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe - - HKLM-x Run Client Access Service gt C Program Files x IBM Client Access cwbsvstr exe - - IBM Corporation HKLM-x Run GrooveMonitor gt C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run AdobeCS ServiceManager gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run SwitchBoard gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run ISUSPM gt C ProgramData FLEXnet Connect isuspm exe - - Flexera Software LLC HKLM-x Run DNS reminder gt C Program Files x Nuance NaturallySpeaking Ereg Ereg exe - - Nuance Communications Inc HKLM-x Run openvpn-gui gt C Program Files x Sophos Sophos SSL VPN Client bin openvpn-gui exe - - HKLM-x Run WD Drive Unlocker gt C Program Files x Western Digital WD Security WDDriveAutoUnlock exe - - Western Digital HKLM-x Run WD Quick View gt C Program Files x Western Digital WD Quick View WDDMStatus exe - - Western Digital Technologies Inc HKLM-x Run HP Software Update gt C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe - - Hewlett-Packard HKLM-x Run avgnt gt C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe - - Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG HKLM-x Run ControlCenter gt C Program Files x ControlCenter BrCcBoot exe - - Brother Industries Ltd HKLM-x Run BrStsMon gt C Program Files x Browny Brother BrStMonW exe - - Brother Industries Ltd HKLM-x Run IndexSearch gt C Program Files x Nuance PaperPort IndexSearch exe - - Nuance Commu... Read more

A:Black screen of death on Win7 64 dell latitude e6520 laptop

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/573468 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573468/black-screen-of-death-on-win7-64-dell-latitude-e6520-laptop/
Relevancy 68.37%

So my laptop is an old one however I know it can be fixed. I closed the top when it was updating the computer. Will that cause it to not start up within hours. It comes on shows the Dell symbol then goes to a black screen with a bliking underscore in the top left corner. What should I do? Will I be able to savee any of my work on it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/dell-latitude-d610-black-screen-w-underscore-blikng-in-left-top-corner-752121.html
Relevancy 67.51%

My Dell Latitude E6420 has black screen of death. Let me explain what happen. My friend bought a battery for his E6440 laptop and his laptop not starting (no display) he asked me to check on my laptop for that battery.
My laptop display gone after inserting his battery and changed to my battery still didn't worked. I connected external monitor display coming there (external monitor is showing primary). but laptop display not coming to make it secondary.
I did steps.
1. drained power 30-1-2. still didn't work
2. changed RAM slots with another still didn't work
3. tried D+ power, did not see anything.
this morning I observed If close display 70 to 80% I can see barely light on the screen window login in the angle. 
Is that means back light gone? What are solutions have now? Do I need to change display? give me suggestion.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991453
Relevancy 67.51%

I want to switch between laptops onto a DELL E FPc Monitor which is VGA input a ? do Dell E6410 KVM get I monitor Laptop switch a How a on through to Dell display only nbsp The Laptops are a DELL E -VGA out only running Win nbsp nbsp and nbsp a DELL Inspiron series machine -HDMI output running Win I have tried to achieve this using a KVM switch the ATEN CS U non-powered It claims to be Win compliant When I connect it to the E s VGA port and then in to the Monitor it says no signal detected Subsequent research would suggest that even if I were to somehow get a display through the KVM switch it will be lost as soon as you switch to the How do I get a Dell E6410 Laptop to display on a Dell monitor through a KVM switch ? other laptop nbsp I have come to believe through research on the web that the E Laptop will only work with a VGA monitor being directly connected to its port or an alternative powered KVM Switch with so called Active-DDC whatever that is may also work nbsp Needless to say I have exhausted my tech knowledge on this one Can anyone offer further advice or recommend a solution Ed

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19985242
Relevancy 63.64%

hello i have both these dell and Dell e6430 latitude latitude e6420 laptops well i have bought a Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 e for my girlfriend as the other one she has is crap well i have read that these e get warm and well i found out they come with one pipe heatsink well Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 i heard u can upgrade the heatsink to a pipe one DUAL HEATPIPE heatsink DELL P N - TYP i was wondering what else do i need to do this as when i get this laptop its second hand i pro in it ghz im going to clean it out and put new paste on it put i hear people are on about this copper shim to put on it can this be done and well can i upgrade my dell latitude e i pro ghz heatsink with the Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 double heatsink as i know that one only comes with one pipe love you guys info if you guys can help me would be class thanks i got this info here GPU Temperature C on Latitude E - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community

A:Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420

Joseph mate best leave as is after all it was made to function as it came. Now for the compound and copper shim personally I would not bother with the copper shim I can see no good reason for it the dual pipe again if it was made to work with one pipe then leave alone.

It is better if you renew the compound using a decent cleaner and compound and I can recommend these for that job

Arctic Silver Incorporated - ArctiClean for thorough cleaning and preparation and Arctic Silver Incorporated - Arctic Silver 5 for the compound.

Now it depends on who you listen to but I always use these products and after the old compound is thoroughly cleaned off and the surfaces prepped I spread the compound very thinly and across the both entire surface of the CPU and the heatsink with my finger inside a vinyl or latex glove and then place a rice grain sized piece of compound on the CPU and replace the heatsink. If you touch the surfaces after clean and prep then redo it.

While you are in there do make sure the fan and the radiator are really spotless and I sometimes relube the fan bearings to make sure the fan is running at full tilt when needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387845-dell-latitude-e6430-dell-latitude-e6420.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I recently upgraded my Dell E6410 to windows 10, even though the model is not tested by DELL.  All worked perfectly apart from one problem that is after couple of hours the system shuts automatically down.  It looks related to the CPU fan started.  Anyone has a solution to this issue?

A:DELL E6410 SHUTDOWN

Try the Microsoft Forum for help with this. There have been answers posted there about this.
answers.microsoft.com/.../windows_10

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19985816
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello to all Newbie here I work in tech support for the local University here I've had a number of Dell E which have gone to a BSOD Dell E6410 BSOD on me One Dell E6410 BSOD seemed to have an issue with an inverter which may have been the problem And I've seen a couple others come and go Dell E6410 BSOD I'm hoping that I can start posting these BSOD's so maybe we can narrow down the issue rather than just re-image and say 'I dunno what fixed it but it's fixed' I actually like know what's going wrong so I can give the client advice as to what to avoid as well as a more detailed report for those who ask Dell E Windows x Original OS was Windows Pro System ordred from Dell preinstalled with Win Pro reimaged immediatley to an image that was Win Pro not even a full first boot- booted to CD and used Clonezilla to reimage laptop OS installation reimage - August th --System Specs-- Dell Latitude E video card-NVIDIA NVS M MB gDDR Intel HD Graphics CPU-Intel CoreTM i - M GHz M cache with Turbo Boost Technology mobo-Mobile Intel QM Express Chipset power supply-Dell W AC Adapter Model HA PE -

A:Dell E6410 BSOD

Hi -

All 3 BSODs named Symantec Endpoint Security as the probable cause -

Code:

teefer2.sys Wed May 13 15:25:46 2009 (4A0B1EBA)

Remove Symantec Endpoint Security. See if Norton Removal tool can take it out -

http://jcgriff2.com/NRT_N360_Removal.html

My own BSOD experience with Symantec Endpoint Security under Vista; same for Windows 7 -

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...od-370804.html

If BSODs persist, run the Driver Verifier -- http://jcgriff2.com/driver_verifier.htm

Windbg Logs
-->http://jcgriff2.net/BSOD_Logs/_99-db..._jcgriff2_.txt
--> http://jcgriff2.net/BSOD_Logs/_99-db...riff2_.txt.zip

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.x86fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Tue Sep 21 18:33:26.816 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 23:18:18.345
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for teefer2.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for teefer2.sys
Probably caused by : teefer2.sys ( teefer2+4ac5 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
Bugcheck code 1000007E
Arguments c0000005 81f0cac5 8cda3c54 8cda3830
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Mon Sep 20 19:14:16.877 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 22:25:45.406
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for teefer2.sys
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments a1f8db80 00000000 81e26ae9 00000000
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Wed Sep 8 20:29:00.175 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 8:49:16.720
Bugcheck code 1000007E
Arguments c0000005 9604aac5 8cf97c54 8cf97830

by jcgriff2

J. C. Griffith, Microsoft MVP

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Griffith

www.jcgriff2.com

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/dell-e6410-bsod-516492.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,

I resently bought DELL Latitude E6410, it crashes very fequently, please help me.

I can't generate the perfmon report, it said timeout waiting to generate report.

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Original install OS version
OEM version

Age of system 1 month
Age of OS 1 month

Thanks.

Regards,
Timothy

A:Bsod dell e6410

Hello Timothy,
Please update this old (links are provided)...

Quote:
PBADRV.sys Tue Jan 08 08:12:13 2008 - PBA Support Driver from Dell
Drivers & Downloads

Just wondering if you have ZoneAlarm installed on your computer?

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 6f8, fffff80002c53eb0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f)
This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind
that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that
is always instant death (double fault). The first number in the
bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc)
Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these
traps are. Here is a *portion* of those codes:
If kv shows a taskGate
use .tss on the part before the colon, then kv.
Else if kv shows a trapframe
use .trap on that value
Else
.trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken
(on x86, this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap)
Endif
kb will then show the corrected stack.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000008, EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT
Arg2: 0000000080050031
Arg3: 00000000000006f8
Arg4: fffff80002c53eb0

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_8

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002c8aca9 to fffff80002c8b740

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0337ece8 fffff800`02c8aca9 : 00000000`0000007f 00000000`00000008 00000000`80050031 00000000`000006f8 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0337ecf0 fffff800`02c89172 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`0337ee30 fffff800`02c53eb0 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+0xb2
fffff880`02178cb0 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!SeAccessCheckFromState+0x58
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2
fffff800`02c89172 90 nop

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4cc791bd

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7f_8_nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7f_8_nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2

---------

2: kd> lmtsmn
start end module name
fffff880`0493d000 fffff880`0497b000 1394ohci 1394ohci.sys Sat Apr 03 16:36:00 2010 (4BB6B7A0)
fffff880`049e1000 fffff880`049f0000 Accelern Accelern.sys Mon Jan 11 07:01:34 2010 (4B4A15FE)
fffff880`00f7c000 fffff880`00fd3000 ACPI ACPI.sys Tue Jul 14 11:19:34 2009 (4A5BC106)
fffff880`05130000 fffff880`051ba000 afd afd.sys Tue Jul 14 11:21:40 2009 (4A5BC184)
fffff880`065e7000 fffff880`065fd000 AgileVpn AgileVpn.sys Tue Jul 14 12:10:24 2009 (4A5BCCF0)
fffff880`0129b000 fffff880`012a6000 amdxata amdxata.sys Sat ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/144295-bsod-dell-e6410.html
Relevancy 63.64%

hi , i am using dell E6410 , and it is very hot from bottom and his sound like a loud fan .

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981819
Relevancy 63.64%

Another BSOD. This one has been in for multiple issues relating to BSOD- I think this may be another symantec- but not sure. When I have some time of my own I'd love to learn about how to read these things...but this customer is rather....insistent they get their system back and soon.

Dell E6410

Windows 7
x86
Original OS was Windows 7 Pro
System ordered from Dell pre-installed with Win7 Pro, re-imaged immediately to an image that was Win7 Pro, not even a full first boot- booted to CD, and used Clonezilla to reimage laptop.
OS installation (reimage)- August 4th 2010
--System Specs--
Dell Latitude E6410
video card-NVIDIA? NVS 3100M 512MB gDDR3 Intel? HD Graphics
CPU-Intel? CoreTM i5-520M (2.4GHz, 3M cache) with Turbo Boost Technology
mobo-Mobile Intel? QM57 Express Chipset
power supply-Dell 90W AC Adapter, Model# HA90PE1-00

A:Another BSOD for Win 7 Dell E6410

Hi -

Syamtec Endpoint named probable cause in one of the BSODs -

Code:

teefer2.sys Wed May 13 15:25:46 2009 (4A0B1EBA)

Get rid of Symantec Endpoint.

See if Norton Tool Remover can take it out - http://jcgriff2.com/NRT_N360_Removal.html

My experience with Endpoint while this system was Vista x64 - http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...od-370804.html

Remove Daemon Tools/ Alcohol 120. The driver sptd.sys, common to both, is a known cause of BSODs.

If BSODs persist, run the Driver Verifier -- http://jcgriff2.com/driver_verifier.htm

Windbg Logs
--> http://jcgriff2.net/BSOD_Logs/_99-db..._jcgriff2_.txt
--> http://jcgriff2.net/BSOD_Logs/_99-db...riff2_.txt.zip

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Debug session time: Sun Oct 3 16:01:47.699 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:14:11.035
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: NULL_CLASS_PTR_DEREFERENCE
Bugcheck code 1000007E
Arguments c0000005 9a843ac5 90151c54 90151830
Debug session time: Wed Sep 1 10:08:40.299 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:28.828
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9C_GenuineIntel
Bugcheck code 0000009C
Arguments 00000000 8e50d94c 00000000 00000000
Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Sat Aug 28 16:17:24.626 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:07:39.418
Bugcheck code 0000009C
Arguments 00000000 8e17994c 00000000 00000000
Debug session time: Mon Nov 3 11:42:28.902 2008 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:07:46.057
Bugcheck code 0000009C
Arguments 00000000 8e30d94c 00000000 00000000

by jcgriff2

J. C. Griffith, Microsoft MVP

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Griffith

www.jcgriff2.com

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/another-bsod-for-win-7-dell-e6410-519380.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I get occasional BSODs, however this is the first I have had since I reinstalled Windows about 2 months ago. In the attached zip is the System Health Report through prefmon as well as the output from the jcgriff2 bsod script.

Windows 7 Enterprise x64
Intel Core i5-540M
14.1" WXGA+ LED
4GB 1333MHz DDR3
Seagate 250GB SATA
Nvidia NVS3100

Please let me know if you need any further information. Thanks.

A:Dell E6410 Occasional BSOD

Welcome to 7 Forums morbidDK!

Did you try a System Restore back to when it was working ok?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/155812-dell-e6410-occasional-bsod.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,
I am using Dell E6410 model Laptop, not getting ebabled the bluetooth , in bois setup it already enabled... Is there any other setup or button other than WIFI button?  Kindly help me to get enabled blue tooth in my laptop...
Thanks & Regards
Abdul Naser

A:Blue tooth issue in DELL E6410

HI Anazer01
Thanks for writing to us. 
When you say bluetooth is not enabled where are you checking the status. 
What happens when you try to pair a device. In the taskbar on the bottom right corner of the screen, right click on the bluetooth icon if any and try to pair a device and let us know how it goes. 
Also update the drivers from support.euro.dell.com- enter the tag#-submit--drivers and downloads--select operating system--network and install the necessary drivers. 
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981043
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello people
I have a Dell Latitude E6410 running on Windows 7, I installed some windows updates and after that the cursor just froze, upon restarting the problem still persisted. Right now my touchpad is dead. I have uninstalled all the security updates of windows except for one because it is not uninstalling, I tried uninstalling the touchpad driver and re-installed different drivers but nothing seems to work here, I even tried the troubleshooter.
The Dell touchpad software detects the touchpad and even shows that it is ON.
In short I have tried all the methods posted on the forums online but I cannot find a solution. Please help me out here!
Thanks in advance!

A:Dell E6410 Touchpad Stopped Working

Hello 
I have a Latitude E6410 rnning on WIndows 7. Recently after a couple of windows updates my laptop's touchpad just froze. I restarted the system but the problem still persisted. 
I have tried all the solutions mentioned on forums online. These are the things I have tried
1. Ran the troubleshooter
2. Uninstalled and then re-installed touchpad drivers.
3. Uninstalled all the windows security updates except for one which does not uninstall
The Dell touchpad software recognizes the tpuchpad, even the device manager says that it is functioning properly but it is still stuck. even the buttons aren't working.
Please help me out here!
Thanks in advance!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984005
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey guys i get this bsod everytime i play games or when i watch videos in browser or even at random times. I updated my drivers and bios to newest. I even changed the ram to 3 different set still persists , tried mem test and individual ram too all good. i tried changing from windows 7 32 bit to 7 64 bit then to window 8 then back to windows7 64, to get rid of this bsod. its dragged on for 5 months and i am at my wits end...could you guys help, thinking of binning this laptop and last time i buy of ebay too lol thanks in advance i attached file too
Dell latitude e6410
i5 2.67
8gb of ram
windows7 64

A:multiple bsod:page_fault_in_nonpaged_area help please dell e6410

Code:
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc000001d, fffff880068274e6, 2, fffffa800a117800}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd.sys

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------
Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Let us know the result.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349066-multiple-bsod-page_fault_in_nonpaged_area-help-please-dell-e6410.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi There,
Can someone please tell me how to connect a Dell Latitude E6410 to
a HGTV?
Thanks You,

Tom

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19987657
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I'm so glad that I have a place to ask for this kind of questions Thanks for everyone in advance My laptop E6410, Dell on 32 win7 BSOD professional bit keeps failing me when I switch the internet connection from wifi to LAN ethernet Once I plugin the ethernet plug I got a BSOD The details are something like the image I attached Since it's complaining my nwifi sys I tried to download the latest driver from Dell but it's still crashing Then I directly downloaded BSOD on Dell E6410, win7 professional 32 bit the latest driver newer than the one Dell put on their page from intel things BSOD on Dell E6410, win7 professional 32 bit still happen I've also tried to run with the verifier open it will crash even earlier before the windows os booted and the dump file is still blame the nwifi sys not a third party driver All the files I collected are attached too FYI When i run perfmon report the window opens and it keeps saying collecting data It never finishes and creats the report Any help would be appreciated

A:BSOD on Dell E6410, win7 professional 32 bit

Quote: Originally Posted by lenciel

Hi, I'm so glad that I have a place to ask for this kind of questions. Thanks for everyone in advance!

My laptop keeps failing me when I switch the internet connection from wifi to LAN ethernet. Once I plugin the ethernet plug, I got a BSOD. The details are something like the image I attached.

Since it's complaining my nwifi.sys, I tried to download the latest driver from Dell, but it's still crashing. Then I directly downloaded the latest driver (newer than the one Dell put on their page) from intel, things still happen.

I've also tried to run with the verifier open, it will crash even earlier (before the windows os booted) and the dump file is still blame the nwifi.sys, not a third party driver.

All the files I collected are attached too.

FYI: When i run perfmon /report, the window opens and it keeps saying collecting data. It never finishes and creats the report. Any help would be appreciated.

Three problems
1-sptd.sys used in alcohol120 and daemon tools is a huge problem

Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp,sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads

when you're done you can use this Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) in its place.
2- Macaffee remove and replace with Microsoft security essentials

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
3-Update your old drivers including

Code:
CMBProtector.dat 1/18/2007 02:27:09 AM 0xa9098000 0xa9098e00 0x00000e00 0x45af133d
PBADRV.sys 1/7/2008 02:52:14 PM 0x86c00000 0x86c0b000 0x0000b000 0x478274de
Alidevice.SYS 7/13/2008 04:10:10 AM 0x93f41000 0x93f49000 0x00008000 0x4879b862
CertClient.dat 8/27/2008 03:22:01 AM 0xa9092000 0xa9098000 0x00006000 0x48b50099
iaStorV.sys 4/8/2009 12:54:58 PM 0x864d3000 0x865ae000 0x000db000 0x49dcd6e2
spldr.sys 5/11/2009 12:13:47 PM 0x86dee000 0x86df6000 0x00008000 0x4a084ebb
spsys.sys 5/11/2009 12:37:10 PM 0xabedc000 0xabf46000 0x0006a000 0x4a085436
GEARAspiWDM.sys 5/18/2009 08:16:53 AM 0x93fb1000 0x93fb6280 0x00005280 0x4a1151b5
cvusbdrv.sys 6/24/2009 04:42:04 PM 0x822c0000 0x822cc000 0x0000c000 0x4a428f9c
risdpe86.sys 6/30/2009 06:28:26 AM 0x93ede000 0x93eef000 0x00011000 0x4a49e8ca
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\041311-20373-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable sea... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/156680-bsod-dell-e6410-win7-professional-32-bit.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello. My configuration is:
Dell Latitude E6410, Intel Core i5 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, Bios A09
Windows updates and Dell driver/BIOS updates: Current
BIOS settings: Default
Windows 7 Professional SP1, 32-bit

Using Windows 7 Professional, 32-bit, after the system has gone to sleep using the Function-F1 key sequence, it occasionally has trouble waking up. It will start to wake up, spin the hard drive, and the screen may come up, but then it locks up. Pressing the caps-lock key does not light up the caps lock, so it looks like the keyboard is locked up. Also, when that happens, the mouse is locked up and the pointer cannot move. Any ideas why this happens intermittently? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I've just done a clean install of Win on a Dell Latitude E I didn't have acccess to Dell's own driver setup discs so it's just what I got from No DVD 10 Fixes - after Win work! Dell install - don't E6410 Microsoft Windows appears to run OK but there's no sign of my DVD drive That is there are no DVD CD entries in Device Manager and no drive appearing in File Explorer I know the drive is fine because I've set up the laptop as dual boot with Linux Mint and it works perfectly well there I've tried doing the usual registry Dell E6410 - No DVD after Win 10 install - Fixes don't work! fix reg exe add quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services atapi Controller quot f v EnumDevice t REG DWORD d x and rebooted to no avail I've checked HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE and there are no entries for Upper or Lower Filters to delete There Dell E6410 - No DVD after Win 10 install - Fixes don't work! are no entries for IDE ATA ATAPI Controllers in Device Manager There is one unknown device in the Other devices section but from the driver details ACPI SMO it appears to be the Dell Freefall sensor The Drive is a TSSTcorp DVD -RW TS-U F D Dell say they don't support Win on this machine and don't seem to want to provide a driver for it on the model specific page I may have found one elsewhere but as the drive doesn't appear in Device Manager I don't know how to update it Can anyone suggest a solution Thanks Piers

A:Dell E6410 - No DVD after Win 10 install - Fixes don't work!

First, the ONLY driver for optical drives of any type is the default built in Windows driver. It has been this way since Win XP.

Since Linux detects it, this says its probably not disabled in the BIOS, although I would still check as Linux can do strange things. If its disabled or not detected in the BIOS, Windows will not detect it. Dell Calls the BIOS the "Setup" and its accessed by F2 at power on.

If the BIOS is OK, reinstall the Intel motherboard chipset drivers - even if the version you have is the latest. One of the things the chipset drivers do is identify all the devices on or attached to the motherboard.

There are chipset drivers on the Dell downloads but they are old. You can get the latest at Intel: Tablet, 2in1, Laptop, Desktop, Smartphone, Server, Embedded

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/36930-dell-e6410-no-dvd-after-win-10-install-fixes-dont-work.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have got problem on my laptop, I already had a problem where my laptop used to go on sleep mode whenever I plugged the charger or press the brightness increase or decrease button, but i managed to work despite the problem. But, now my laptop has stopped charging at all,
whenever i put the charger my laptops shows sign of charging but donot actually charges, as the charging light remains off ... if i try to move the charger tip then the charging light glows sometime. I am really in a problem so plz help me.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992016
Relevancy 61.49%

Dell laptop not charging..getting message plugged in not charging I brought Dell Inspiron 14R laptop 2 years back . My laptop is not getting on with battery..only when power cable is plugged in its getting on..but getting message saying "plugged in not charging"...replace the battery.

Is this an issue with battery or do i need to change the AC adapter. Do i need to buy a new battery?

Please let me know your suggestions. Thanking you in advance.

A:Dell laptop not charging..getting message plugged in not charging

Quote: Originally Posted by sirisha

Dell laptop not charging..getting message plugged in not charging I brought Dell Inspiron 14R laptop 2 years back . My laptop is not getting on with battery..only when power cable is plugged in its getting on..but getting message saying "plugged in not charging"...replace the battery.

Is this an issue with battery or do i need to change the AC adapter. Do i need to buy a new battery?

Please let me know your suggestions. Thanking you in advance.

Hi sirisha,

We truly regret for the inconvenience. Please check the link below which would help you resolve this issue:

http://dell.to/12GnZpB

Kindly perform these steps and let us know, so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/291718-dell-laptop-not-charging-getting-message-plugged-not-charging.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi
I have an old Dell E6410 Laptop, which i need to BIOS upgrade in orden to use my SSD disk.
I download, and I try to upgrade, which runs fine, but when it comes to the auto restart that should do the actual update, it will not auto restart...
I'll have to push the power button, and it starts with a not upgraded BIOS. 
Does anyone know why auto restart is not working on the laptop?
I can't do a autorestart at all, i allways have to push the power button..

A:Dell E6410 auto restart after BIOS update

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
This could be an issue with the motherboard that could be faulty .
We would advised you to restore BIOS to Defaults and then run diagnostics on the system.
Kindly private message the service tag and email address.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983916
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Dell E6410 and of late I have noticed that my system locks up with horizontal lines on my screen. No keys work and I have to hit the power button to shut down and restart.

It's a Core i5 with Intel Graphics running Windows 7 64bit.

It's under Dell cover and they already replaced the screen and motherboard but the problem continues.

I have ran Dell Diagnostics as well which ran without any problems.

I have a screenshot here. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
imgur: the simple image sharer
Thanks!

A:Lockup & Horizontal Lines on Dell E6410 Screen

Almost every entry in your event log seems to be this:

Quote:
Event[775]:
Log Name: System
Source: SMSvcHost 4.0.0.0
Date: 2012-11-17T17:46:49.000
Event ID: 8
Task: Sharing Service
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: S-1-5-19
User Name: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
Computer: Arun-Dell
Description:
An error occurred while dispatching a duplicated socket: this handle is now leaked in the process.
ID: 2168
Source: System.ServiceModel.Activation.TcpWorkerProcess/56716384
Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException: The client was unable to process the callback request due to an internal error. For more information about the error, either turn on IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (either from CallbackBehaviorAttribute or from the <clientDebug> configuration behavior) on the client in order to send the exception information back to the server, or turn on tracing as per the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SDK documentation and inspect the client trace logs.

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version, FaultConverter faultConverter)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndCall(String action, Object[] outs, IAsyncResult result)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeEndService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result)
at System.ServiceModel.Activation.WorkerProcess.EndDispatchSession(IAsyncResult result)
Process Name: SMSvcHost
Process ID: 1508

Try it: FIX: Smsvchost.exe for the WCF service stops responding when you run a .NET Framework 4-based WCF service

In the mean time I am asking for some more help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/280505-lockup-horizontal-lines-dell-e6410-screen.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Over the last few weeks / month. My system has been regularly crashing & shutting down on its own. This happens mostly when I leave my system idle for a few minutes to few hours. Sometime I get to see the BSOD, but usually by the time I get to my system has automatically shut down. When I press the power button, it restarts with the message your system did not shut down properly, do you want to restart in safe mode?

I have attached all the SF Diagnostic files, would appreciate feedback.

Thanks

A:BSOD & Automatic Shutdowns - Dell E6410 2.5 years old

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A0, {9, ffffffffc000009c, 1, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PopEndMirroring+145 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (a0)
The power policy manager experienced a fatal error.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000009, A fatal error occured while preparing the hibernate file.
Arg2: ffffffffc000009c, Status code
Arg3: 0000000000000001, Mirroring phase
Arg4: 0000000000000000
So it is the cause of your BSOD as it is visible. A fatal error occured while preparing the hibernate file.

And the reason behind it is the small free space in C drive.

ITEMVALUEDrive C:Size 120.00 GB (128,849,014,784 bytes)Free Space 26.62 GB (28,582,150,144 bytes)
hiberfile.sys is a large file ... so the problem is taking place.

Do two things.
First, disable hibernate. Hibernate - Enable or Disable
Next , free up some space in C drive. Hard Disk Space - Free Up and Recover
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/295393-bsod-automatic-shutdowns-dell-e6410-2-5-years-old.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello,

I have noticed today that after a few minutes of idle time my laptop completely freezes, no ctrl+alt+delete and I have to manually power it down.

I have even seen this when i reboot my computer and don't enter my password at the login screen for a few minutes.

The hard drive LED keeps glowing.

The only change I did was run windows update. The Perfmon file and the BSOD Diagnostic tool report are both attached with this mail.

Would appreciate any help am at my wit's end. Unfortunately System Restore was disabled too so I can't even rollback.

A:Windows 7 Freezes after few minutes of idle (Dell E6410)

Unfortunately your zip doesn't contain the necessary dump files but it does contain everything else, s please do the following below in quote.

Quote:
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

Thanks Seth

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/186668-windows-7-freezes-after-few-minutes-idle-dell-e6410.html
Relevancy 61.06%

The laptop came with a USB-C 30W charger "brick". The manual doesn't indicate what kind of USB-C port is on the laptop. I'm guessing since it's only 30W, that it's not USB-C w/ Power Delivery (up to 100W). Is it possible to use other USB-C chargers that supply 30W? 

Thanks,
Q

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997440
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Latitude E6430 that isn't charging. When I plug it in, the battery indicator lights up for a few seconds, but then goes out. The battery wont charge off of the built in port or through the docking station. I have a Dell 90 watt power adapter, but I have also tried a 130 watt one; neither work. It runs quite happily off of the adapter, but won't charge.
I updated the BIOS to A18. Is this an issue with my main board?

A:Latitude E6430 Not Charging

Check system setup (F2 at powerup).  Des the system sense the AC adapter correctly, or does it show unknown?  If unknown, the system will run but the battery will not charge.
In that case, since you've already tried a new adapter to no effect, the next possibility is a bad DC jack:
www.parts-people.com/index.php
If replacing that doesn't solve the problem, it is a faulty mainboard.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984742
Relevancy 60.63%

I m coming through with this issue because I saw so many people including dell tech support struggling with this issue before The issue is as follows you connect your laptop to the charger the charging light goes on windows says quot charging quot even the BIOS says charging and yet the battery s says charging but charging it's not Dell [solved] E7440 voltage just keeps going down no matter what you do about it Dell tech support usually try to guide you to reset the BIOS battery by removing the main battery and press the power button but it s not the case here The solution I found was a very strange one changing the RAM slot seemed to solve the issue completely Just taking the RAM card from one slot to the other on one slot it s stopping your laptop from charging on the other everything is good I honestly don t know nbsp why that is and I m a PC technician myself nbsp considering the laptop ships with two perfectly good RAM slots but I thought the solution needs to be Dell E7440 says it's charging but not charging [solved] out there I m hoping Dell E7440 says it's charging but not charging [solved] I managed to help some of you Even with my less then perfect English Sapir

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987121
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Latitude E nbsp running Windows nbsp nbsp which is having this problem nbsp It has operated just fine since Feb when I bought it until within the last weeks when I got quot The AC adapter wattage and type cannot be determined The battery may not charge The system will adjust the performance to match the power available Please connect a Dell W AC adapter or greater for the best system performance quot At boot time I get quot The AC power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined nbsp The battery may not charge nbsp The system will adjust the performance to match the power available nbsp Please connect a Dell W AC adapter or greater for the best system performance nbsp Strike the F key before F or F key if you do not want to see this power warning message again nbsp Strike the F key to continue F to run the setup utility quot The battery icon in the System tray shows quot not charging quot and a level of The adapter for this laptop model does not have a status light NOTICE This has happened twice The first time I had the laptop nbsp plugged into the AC adapter that came with it nbsp When it blew I bought a new one from Dell nbsp When I bought the new adapter nbsp I nbsp swapped in each of the three sections one at a time nbsp I kept getting this message until I swapped in the part that plugs into the surge protector on one end with the ground pin and into the adapter adapter, charging recognizing not laptop Latitude not AC on the other end nbsp the other two parts are the adapter itself and the cable that plugs into the port on the laptop The second time there was a power drop that turned off my lights and Internet router nbsp nbsp The router Latitude laptop not recognizing AC adapter, not charging and lights recovered but I started getting the first message nbsp It seems to me that the first time nbsp I had it nbsp the problem started after a similar power drop I remember hearing the Internet router Latitude laptop not recognizing AC adapter, not charging beep angrily nbsp nbsp IIRC the laptop was powered down this first time At one point I suspected that the nbsp laptop nbsp itself was causing power spikes because how would a grid problem get through the surge protector which I also nbsp bought from Dell nbsp The surge protector has a green light on it and the quot Ground quot indicator is dark it would be red if there were a problem with the nbsp ground true There is a thread about this on the NotebookReview site but not for this model nbsp I tried blowing canned air into the adapter plug and into the laptop port -- no luck nbsp I haven t switched out any other hardware I have ordered another new adapter and made sure it was a W part nbsp It nbsp should arrive about July If BIOS updates are working for other people can you show me the nbsp link nbsp to a BIOS upgrade for the E nbsp Other ideas Thanks

A:Latitude laptop not recognizing AC adapter, not charging

This is not a firmware problem.  A BIOS update won't fix it.
If you've already tried a new OEM Dell (not a third party) adapter to no effect, the next part to replace is the DC jack in the system:
www.parts-people.com/index.php
If that doesn't solve the problem, replace the mainboard.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985300
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi guysI have a problem with battery charging. I'm using my laptop at home. So  I'd like to stop chargin my battery at 80% and start at 40%. I hope it can extend battery life. My battery is always charged to 100 %. I've seen this option in other Dell laptops (e5550,  but on my laptop I Can't  find it.

A:Latitude E7450 - problem with battery charging

Hi TOM3636,
Restart the system and press f2 on startup to enter BIOS - Go to Power Management -> Primary battery charge configuration and change custom settings.
Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987557
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all I have bought new laptop INTEL R Core i - M CPU GHz RAM GB Bit Operating System windows Ultimate The Brand and model are Toshiba Satellite L I bought it before months after month from buying the laptop I got a blue secreen and the system restarts I then formatted the system and reinstall the OS After that it worked Blue Restarts and System Secreen very fine for month now i am getting Blue Secreen and System Restarts the same problem the system restarts with the blue secreen I am attaching the dump file logs I have read the dump files with the quot Windbg quot software The results are below Kindly tell me the solution st time I got this error Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by x fre win sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x c PsLoadedModuleList x d d f Debug session time Mon Oct UTC System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E c bc bd Probably caused by dxgmms sys dxgmms VIDMM GLOBAL CloseOneAllocation Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very common bugcheck Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver function that caused the problem Always note this address as well as the link date of the driver image that contains this address Some common problems are exception code x This means a hard coded breakpoint or assertion was hit but this system was booted NODEBUG This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have hardcoded breakpoints in retail code but If this happens make sure a debugger gets connected and the system is booted DEBUG This will let us see why this breakpoint is happening Arguments Arg c The exception code that was not handled Arg bc The address that the exception occurred at Arg bd Trap Frame Arg Debugging Details ------------------ EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s FAULTING IP dxgmms VIDMM GLOBAL CloseOneAllocation bc mov dword ptr eax ecx TRAP FRAME bd -- trap xffffffffbd ErrCode eax ebx ecx e bd edx esi b edi ea f eip bc esp bd dc ebp bd iopl nv up ei pl zr na pe nc cs ss ds es fs gs efl dxgmms VIDMM GLOBAL CloseOneAllocation x bc mov dword ptr eax ecx ds Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x E PROCESS NAME msnmsgr exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from f to bc STACK TEXT bd f c d dxgmms VIDMM GLOBAL CloseOneAllocation x bd b b e fb bd bc dxgmms VIDMM GLOBAL CloseAllocation x bd ea e fb dxgmms VidMmCloseAllocation x bd bc e ac e f dxgkrnl DXGDEVICE DestroyAllocations x a bd e eac dxgkrnl DXGDEVICE ProcessTerminationList x bd a ea e ddd e dxgkrnl DXGDEVICE TerminateAllocations x bd a eb bd a f ed dxgkrnl DXGDEVICE DestroyAllocation xb bd c c fa cef cef b dxgkrnl DxgkDestroyAllocation x d bd c b cef cef b nt KiFastCallEntry x a WARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong cef x b STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP dxgmms VIDMM GLOBAL CloseOneAllocation bc mov dword ptr eax ecx SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME dxgmms VIDMM GLOBAL CloseOneAllocation FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME dxgmms IMAGE NAME dxgmms sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP d a c FAILURE BUCKET ID x E dxgmms VIDMM GLOBAL CloseOneAllocation BUCKET ID x E dxgmms VIDMM GLOBAL CloseOneAllocation Followup MachineOwner --------- nd time I got this error Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mi... Read more

A:Blue Secreen and System Restarts

NOTE: I have severe eye problems. If I do not respond to your postings, please PM another staff member for assistance.

NOTE: Please provide the following information for a more detailed response: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

The memory dumps don't specify anything in particular - so we've gotta suspect either a hardware problem, or compatibility/low-level driver/malware issues.

Let's start with your Kaspersky. Please do the following:

Quote:

Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: Free AntiVirus
- uninstall the antivirus software from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of the antivirus software using one of these free tools: Antivirus Uninstallers
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's
NOTE: NEVER run more than 1 anti-virus, firewall, Internet Security/Security Center application at the same time.

OLDER DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
- Create a System Restore Point prior to doing any of this. DO NOT mess with the drivers themselves - leave the Windows\System32\drivers directory alone unless we specifically direct you to it!
- Please update these drivers from the device manufacturer's website - or uninstall them from your system. Reference links are included below.
- DO NOT use Windows Update or the Update Drivers function of Device Manager.
- Please feel free to post back about any drivers that you are having difficulty locating.
- Windows Update exceptions may be noted below for Windows drivers:

Code:

amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:19:01 2010 (4BA3A3F5)
vmbus.sys Sat Nov 20 04:14:58 2010 (4CE79192)
winhv.sys Sat Nov 20 03:38:15 2010 (4CE788F7)
PxHelp20.sys Mon Dec 10 18:48:39 2007 (475DD057)
tos_sps32.sys Wed Jun 24 01:36:21 2009 (4A41BB55)
tosrfcom.sys Sun Nov 28 21:43:35 2010 (4CF31357)
TVALZ_O.SYS Mon Jul 13 22:19:21 2009 (4A5BEB29)
kl1.sys Thu May 06 16:00:06 2010 (4BE31FC6)
klif.sys Fri May 07 04:23:55 2010 (4BE3CE1B)
klim6.sys Thu Apr 22 11:07:20 2010 (4BD06628)
adfs.SYS Thu Aug 14 10:57:15 2008 (48A447CB)
npf.sys Fri Jun 25 12:47:37 2010 (4C24DDA9)
igdkmd32.sys Thu Jan 27 11:51:19 2011 (4D41A287)
HECI.sys Tue Oct 19 19:33:38 2010 (4CBE2AD2)
athr.sys Fri Dec 17 22:44:22 2010 (4D0C2E16)
L1C62x86.sys Mon Sep 27 02:36:14 2010 (4CA03B5E)
klmouflt.sys Mon Nov 02 11:26:08 2009 (4AEF0820)
tdcmdpst.sys Thu Jul 30 04:26:19 2009 (4A71592B)
tosrfec.sys Fri Jun 18 03:44:17 2010 (4C1B23D1)
btfilter.sys Sat Oct 16 00:05:31 2010 (4CB9248B)
IntcDAud.sys Fri Oct 15 04:27:18 2010 (4CB81066)
tosporte.sys Tue Jun 16 06:48:40 2009 (4A377888)
pgeffect.sys Mon Jun 22 05:04:57 2009 (4A3F4939)

http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#vmbus.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#winhv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#PxHelp20.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#tos_sps32.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#tosrfcom.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#TVALZ_O.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#kl1.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#klif.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#klim6.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#adfs.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#npf.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#igdkmd32.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#HECI.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#athr.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#L1C62x86.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#klmouflt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#tdcmdpst.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#tosrfec.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#btfilter.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#IntcDAud.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#tosporte.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#pgeffect.sys

While waiting for us to analyze the information t... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-secreen-and-system-restarts-611247.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Greetings I would like to ask for your assistance because I m already out of ideas how to resolve this issue Right after I powered up the laptop E5450 screen dell Latitude start logo after up blank DELL it will get past the DELL logo screen then it will be completely just black screen I wouldn t even hear any activity from the CPU fan HDD and pressing DELL Latitude E5450 blank screen after dell logo start up the Caps Lock doesn t lit up the LED The LED indicators on the side are only displaying the power indicator but none for HDD Battery and Wireless Here are the steps that I have done so far Removed the HDD and Battery then press amp hold the power button for at least - seconds to disperse the internal voltage Then attach the Battery but not the HDD Press and hold Fn and then the Power button hoping to boot me up to the ePSA Diagnostic Utility Press F or F while booting up Re-seat the memory and also clean with a dry tissue These are the procedures that I have done but nothing has changed It still displays blank screen right after the DELL logo I do hope that you could assist me on this Thank you so much

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988623
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys.
Pretty much what the title says - Dell's new, recently-released ControlVault driver (version A19) does not successfully install on a Dell Latitude E6330.  I followed the driver installation order from the "Dell Business Client Re-Image 'How-To' Guide" and installed the Dell ControlVault driver last.  It did not work.
Attached is a screenshot of what I got, and the Windows Installer log.

20160315_Security_Driver_WDRHG_WN64_3.3.14.68_A19.txt

A:Dell ControlVault A19 installation fails on Dell Latitude E6330 with a fresh install of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Nothing?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19678872
Relevancy 56.76%

I installed Windows 7 64-bit on my Latitude E6400. I cannot seem to find any way to install Dell Control Point. I got the Driver Pack to install. I found one download of Security Manager that worked, but I would like the Power Manager one.

I've looked on this forum a few times and any links I click on just redirect me to the Drivers and Downloads page. I get errors saying that my service pack is not supported.....I'm on Windows 7 Service Pack 1. I also got some 32-bit errors, but that's my fault for downloading the 32-bit version.

Does anybody have a link to the full Dell Control Point package (Power Manager, Connection Manager, Security Manager) that will work on 64-bit Windows 7?

Thanks
-Ryan

A:(Dell Latitude E6400) Dell Control Point on Windows 7 64-bit

parrotrpg1
Here is a good article on reimaging the Latitude E6400
downloads.dell.com/.../Latitude%20E-Family%20%20Mobile%20Precision%20Re-Image%20How-To%20Guide%20-%20A03%20Rev%203%200.pdf
The Win 7  Control Point System Manager files are a bit tricky to find, but they can be downloaded from the following link.
www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats
This should help if you have installed the correct drivers in the correct order.
TB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19459137
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey all nbsp I ve got a Dell Latitude E where the driver installer for the Dell Wireless wireless card fails nbsp I m running Windows -bit the computer boots in UEFI mode and I ve installed all of the drivers according to the Latitude E-Family Re-Image Guide I ve got a log as well it says this nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Update Package Execution Start nbsp nbsp fails on on mode) Dell Windows E6320 installation 1530 7 driver Latitude Wireless (UEFI 64-bit Dell nbsp Original command line E -NIC DRVR WIN A R EXE Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) nbsp s nbsp nbsp nbsp DUPFramework version nbsp nbsp nbsp User Command unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) Value x FFFFF nbsp Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version A nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUP B tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe s v quot LOGFILE quot C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUP B tmp quot quot nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append File C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Execution terminated at date-time nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Update Package Execution Start nbsp nbsp nbsp Original command line quot C Users Administrator Desktop Drivers - Dell Latitude E E -NIC DRVR WIN A R EXE quot nbsp nbsp nbsp DUPFramework version nbsp nbsp nbsp User Command attended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version A nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUPB tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe v quot LOGFILE quot C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUPB tmp quot quot nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append File C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991738
Relevancy 55.9%

for the basics and schoolwork
and which is newer 

A:which is better dell latitude e5440 or dell latiude e6430

The E6430 has a metal case and is more robust, but uses an older CPU and chipset.
The E5440 is a plainer chassis with a newer generation CPU and chipset.
The E6440 is the concurrent update to the E5440.
There are too many possible configurations to definitively say which is better -- it depends on the CPU, GPU, etc. in the specific model (or that you choose when you order one, but since the E6430 isn't a current model,  you may be looking at used systems).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986761
Relevancy 55.47%

Please advise,
I installed a HGST 500 gb hard drive on my Dell E6410 Latitude Laptop.
But it says:
No Boot device found! Can't go to BIOS either!
Re installed the original and it works fine!
Wish to know whether the HGST is compatible with Dell Latitude.
THank you.

A:HGST Laptop hard drivesvs Dell E6410 Hard drives.

It won't boot until you install an operating system (windows) on it. however you should be able to get to BIOS.
this one click here

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/hgst-laptop-hard-drivesvs-dell-e6410-hard-drives-4602079/
Relevancy 54.18%

I own a Dell Latitude E6430.   I am looking for a Dell Companion 12000mAh or 18000mAh type of device to power and charge my Dell Lattitude E6430 when I am traveling (no outlet available).   When I view the compatibility list for both the Dell Companion 12000mAh and the 18000mAh I don't see the Dell Latitude E6430 in either list.  I went and purchased the 12000mAh and I am attempting to use this to charge and power my Dell Latitude E6430.  It powers my Dell Laptop for about a minute and then quits.   Is there a solution for this problem?   And/or is there another Dell Companion type device that I can purchase that is listed as 100% compatible with the Dell Latitude E6430?   I would like to either get this solution working or purchase the product that is listed as 100% compatible.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990270
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there,
I have some serious trouble with my Latitude E5540. In Windows (10, 64bit), it says that it's working on AC, but does not charge. It stays at 39%.
I've done some reading on the Internet and found several approaches which I followed. I updated BIOS and cleaned the connectors of the battery, which obviously didn't help.
Now, I've really run out of ideas and cannot come up with anything more. I've contacted Dell support, but I guess they won't help because the device is more than two years old and I only had 1 year NBD service.
Something I haven't tried is uninstalling the battery hardware from the device manager. Is this a serious option?
I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Any suggestion is most welcome! Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Achim

A:Latitude E5540: "Power connected, battery not charging" at 39%

Hello, Nice to hear from you. The battery seems to be the culprit here. Should you wish to go ahead with purchasing battery do do PM us the system tag# by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message. 
Though you mentioned you do not have a spare battery, can you borrow one from somebody or take it to a local store to try (if possible)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19679806
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey whats up
I have a dell latitude cpx laptop, and I broke the two keys letter "Y" and "6" also the metal bracket that connects the key plate to the actual laptop. Anyone know where I can get this. the problem started by the keys not working when pushed down. Any ideas on why that happened as well.

A:Dell latitude cpx

sc-strapped said:

Hey whats up
I have a dell latitude cpx laptop, and I broke the two keys letter "Y" and "6" also the metal bracket that connects the key plate to the actual laptop. Anyone know where I can get this. the problem started by the keys not working when pushed down. Any ideas on why that happened as well.Click to expand...

Thats a normal problem for those keyboards. You could probably have gotten those keys working again by reseating the cable from the motherboard to the keyboard. Now it sounds like you need a new keyboard. You can probably get one from Dell or possibly find a used one from ebay. Replacements can also be found online like this.

http://www.laptopsforless.com/dellkeyboards.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-cpx.438426/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi there thanks alot for reading this this is my problem the pc Dell latitude D Windows XP home intel centrino the problem when i boot it takes me to the page i have an uption to either enter Dell 610 latitude in a safe mode or Dell 610 latitude just the last pace windows wokred properly this started as a result of when i was syhuting down the system and i had to remove the battery since the system hang after which i used the spare battery i had but still no start up when it start the windows logo it then goes back again to start up of notification that seems the system was shut down or windows encountered an error or the reset button was pressed etc i then enter F to diagonise the system and the followoing information was passed i run the dell diagnostics from the system setup and get this error detected on quot start DST short test quot error code - Msg IDE status failed stats byte control code Msg No additional Sense Infoormation also at the end of the diagnostic it says Test result fail error code - Msg No drive detected it further request i run dell drivers and utilities CD which i misplaced a long time now getting such a Cd is now a problem i need any assistance i can get as my office job for over a year is all in the system and i dont know how to go about it ok thanks for any help addvice you can give me jimmyosas nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey there ive got a friends latitude XT here just put 7 on it and its working perfect apart from the tablet buttons.(the ones that rotate the screen and things) they dont seem to be working and im not sure what drivers to get for it or what, its fully up to date now and still nothing.
please help me xD

A:Dell Latitude XT

HERE is the Dell Lattitude XT drivers. They have Win 7 64 bit and 32 bit drivers. Select the OS bit you have.

Keep in mind the correct and required install sequence for a Dell (and many others) is (1) Install Windows (2) Install Dell Laptop System Software (3) Install motherboard chipset drivers (4) Install device drivers including video, sound, ethernet, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/112301-dell-latitude-xt.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok so here s the problem I have a Dell Latitude CPx J OGT BIOS Revision really my I need Dell Latitude... help with A I also have the Windows XP Pro Reinstallation CD with Service Pack The original problem was upon bootup the computer gave a STOP error STOP x A x x BD xE B x BB AD I tried booting from the Reinstallation CD and this is what happens At Windows Setup it gives me -artition Unknown MB MB Free It gives me the following options and I have provided the information on what happens when I try each of them Create Partition C - Nothing Happens Enter Run Setup - An error has occured while Setup was updating partition information on MB Disk at Id on bus on atapi MBR Setup cannot continue Then the computer restarts Delete Partition D - I really need help with my Dell Latitude... The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant Please contact your system vendor or visit http www hardware-update com for an updated BIOS If you are unable to obtain an updated BIOS of the latest BIOS supplied by your vendor is not ACPI compliant you can turn off ACPI mode during text mode setup To do this simply press the F key when you are prompted to install storage drivers The system will not notify you that the F key was pressed - it will silently disable ACPI and allow you to continue your installation Recovery Console does not work either What I gather from this is that the partition is not assigned a prompt For example C and I cannot figure out how to give it one Anyone have any advice Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone This is a long shot I ve got a machine from about here and am hoping someone might be able to remember something about them XPi - Dell hot very Latitude Old It s small black and very chunky - the Dell Latitude XPi CD mhz I needed something with windows so I upgraded the drive from gb to a Samsung HM JC gb Basically I ve got some games that don t work with compatibility in XP at all All fine and dandy with swapping the hard drive but the underneath of the machine gets universally hot as hell I don t seem to be able to detect a fan much less any cooling vents Would I be right in thinking that it was fine with the gb and it needed neither a fan or cooling vents but that my latter day gb drive runs that Old Dell Latitude XPi - very hot much hotter I actually love this laptop but want to waste neither it or the drive so any suggestions much welcome I ve tried the Dell site but the documentation I found wasn t hugely informative about the specific problems I m having though to their credit all of the setup files were there for download Many thanks Tony nbsp

A:Old Dell Latitude XPi - very hot

If your new hard drive is higher RPM than the old drive, then that would explain the heat. Your old drive was probably 4500 RPM, and the new one 5400 or 7200. If that is true, there's not much you can do about it short of buying a new drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/old-dell-latitude-xpi-very-hot.132328/
Relevancy 51.6%

I stumbled across your site and noticed a thread where you helped out a non-techie like me and I thought I would register and give it a shot. My daughter asked me to fix her Dell Latitude cpi which she uses for her college work. That was the easy bit it was a dodgy on/off button. Then she asked me to get it connected to the internet through her cable modem. I thought that would be easy too but I have spent hours on the internet trying to find what sort of adapter is needed because there is no direct socket connection to fit the modem. I would be eternally grateful for any help you can offer and it would make me look good in my daughter's eyes.

Relevancy 51.6%

about an hour ago my computer screen just froze and these vertical dotted lines appeared all over the screen. Now I can only start the computer in safe mode and i need an easy fix. ive already tried a system restore but the blue lines appears on my desktop again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-for-dell-latitude.1138071/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,I am new here and need help.
I have a laptop(dell latitude cpi) my kid entered a password and now I can't access windows.
Every time I turn it on a message comes on saying:This computer system#xxxxx is protected by a password authentication system you can not access the data without the correct password Please type in the primary or administrator password.
My problem is that my kid does not remember what password he used.
Does any body Knows how to remove the password since I can not access the bios either?
thanks.

A:dell latitude cpi

sorry we cant help u with passwords as we dont know the intent involved.i hope u understand.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-cpi.800592/
Relevancy 51.6%

every time it trys to run windows xp a fatal systems error c000021a

screen say the windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly
with a status of 0xc0000006 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
the system has ben shut down

i tied safe mode and tried to reinstall but driver wont pull up system repair disk

A:dell latitude help

post the mini dumps

C:\Windows\Minidump\Minidump.dmp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-latitude-help-609727.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Dear Sir,
i've dell latitude X1 laptop. Its become unfortunately BIOS protected.
Tag # DSPHH28X-595B

Plz help me in this issue, how i can break this password.

I tried my best to break this but could not.

can any expert help me regarding this matter.

Thanx1

A:Dell Latitude X1

Any Latitude ending in 595B has been handled by Dell. Contact them for a solution.
Also, search the files on this forum for Dell Password, and Password commentary. There is a lot of useful information.
I have not seen any X1 password fixed... except by Dell.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-x1.94341/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I have just brought a Dell Latitude CPx back from the dead and it is working wonderfully apart from the fact that the Function (FN) keys don't 'function'.
Any ideas please?

A:Dell Latitude CPx

Humm... old.

When you say you brought it back from the dead, how so? Did you have a Dell recovery disk, or did you install an OS from a box into it? Was the keyboard okay before hand, or was it part of the reason for it being DOA originally?

The CPx series were one of those 'semi'-Dell machines, since the same notebook could be purchased in a number of liveries, including HP and Gateway (your machine looks exactly like my Solo 1400). If you loaded an operating system into it that wasn't from a recovery disk, then you probably need to download the drivers from the Dell website into it. Otherwise, the keyboad may be out of sorts, and may need replacing.

If you can find the service tag number (on Dell laptops, they tend to be on a thin white label and are only 6 to 8 digits long), you can punch it in here (http://support.dell.com/support/top...y_systems_info/details?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~tab=2) to find out what was on this beastie originally, and what can be downloaded to it.

A-N

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-cpx.725660/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there everyone plz try and help I've got a dell latitude E5430 and it won't turn on or boot up Evan when it plugged into to the mains when you push the power button the fan starts then the harddrive but 2secs after u pushed the button it will cut out and die nothing even appears on the screen and two little light are flashing xxx

A:Please help latitude e5430 won't turn on and black screen

Hi Maffemzellienbump,
I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check for issue resolution.

Switch off the computer.
Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
Remove the battery from the computer.
Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
Then connect back all the peripherals and check for issue resolution.

Also, I would suggest you reseat a few components, like memory, hard drive and optical drive and see if that makes a difference. In the link below punch in the system service tag or express service code and you can access the user manual for removing and reseating components. http://dell.to/18r60nI Please let me know if this helps.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19614692