Windows Support Forum

Failed to Start System Event Notification Service

Q: Failed to Start System Event Notification Service

Windows 7 64-bit SP15

My Dell Latitude e6420 is having problems as of the past week. An error comes up on every reboot or startup of my machine. The "Failed to Start System Event Notification Service" error would come up on my screen down in the taskbar. Details below of startup:Laptop comes up slow.
Login and once desktop shows that error appears on my screen and sometimes my audio service isn't working (but it can't be the the driver for my video/audio card because sometimes it works and other things will crash meaning a corruption of some system driver.)
Takes 5-10 minutes for machine to fully boot.
Look at event log and shows Event ID Error 7026 every reboot.
I cannot find a fix for this error and nothing seems to be working. Please help with any information. Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Failed to Start System Event Notification Service

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Failed to Start System Event Notification Service

Windows Server 2008: Event ID 7026 this article just says what you are thinking seems to be correct. have you looked in device manager to see if there are any warning signs in there?
when your in event viewer, isn't there a link with the error that gives some help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/failed-to-start-system-event-notification-service-597183.html
Relevancy 86.49%

I have been getting the following errors when I try to log into my account.

The system event notification service service failed the logon an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

I created a built-in-administrator and I am able to get into safe mode though not able to run many programs on it such as control panel and start up repair. I looked at my registry and both of my accounts look fine neither of them had a .bak on the end and so I'm not sure how to fix this if my only option is to delete my user account. I've already done a system restore to a couple days before this happened but, I'm still locked out of everything.

Is there anything else I can do that might help?

A:The system event notification service service failed logon ... token does not exist

Google led me to this post as I was researching the problem myself. I encountered the same issue. In this case on a vista32 ultimate box (although I do own an x64 box in case somebody thinks I'm blasphemous posting here ).

I haven't completely fixed the issue yet but I've gotten a bit further so in hopes of helping the next person here are the steps I've taken.

I was able to log in successfully in safe mode (hit F8 while starting up, select safe mode). Once there I went to command prompt (click the start button, type "cmd" [without the quotes] in the search bar and hit enter. From command prompt type services.msc to launch the services control panel. Find the System Event Notification Service, right click, select properties, change it from automatic startup to disabled, apply the change and "OK" out of the dialog box. You can now restart the computer and log in normally.

This isn't really a fix, it's a temporary work-around. SENS is needed for COM+ to respond to things like login and startup events. I've also noticed that my system is very slow right now. My next step is to find a way to generate a new token for SENS and then hopefully I'll be back at 100%. I currently have Dell researching that for me (this happens to be a Dell laptop). If I get a solution short of a reinstall to that one I'll post it too.

Hope this is helpful for someone. Good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/194306-system-event-notification-service-service-failed-logon-token-does-not-exist.html
Relevancy 84.94%

I know there was a thread earlier about the same issue but the solution doesn't seem to work for me.

This is the message i am getting on startup:

"Failed to connect to a windows service.
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

The message comes with a very slow start up.

The computer doesn't seem to recognize any of the wireless networks either, so i currently can't connect to the internet either. So i am using a different computer right now.

I am using a Gateway T-1620 with Windows Vista Home Premium 32. Microsoft Security essentials is running and the firewall is down.

Relevancy 84.94%

I am currently using Windows 8.1
2 days before I updated my PC to 8.1 from 8
Then last night I kept Asphalt 8 for downloading from the store
And in the morning I shut down the PC and after several minutes
when I turn on my PC it shows somewhat like this :

"The System Event Notification Service service failed the sign-in.
Function could not be executed"

And the PC also doesn't shut down I have to force shut down it.
So please help, it's not starting at all. I even tried in Safe Mode
but it shows somewhat like this when I open MSCONFIG
and disable startup items

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40622-system-event-notification-service-failed-sign.html
Relevancy 84.94%

This Error popped up on my Screen today

My Nvidia control panel, among other programs do not seem to start with windows any more ( i noticed this right away because my screen configuration had changed)
I have checked the service and all of its dependencies and all of them are working fine. a quick Google search yielded no fixes that worked for me and I'm stumped as how to solve this

Thanks In Advance

Garrett

A:Failed to connect to System Event Notification Service

Usually it's a driver or COM component that's causing this. What does your Application and System event log show you as warnings or errors?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251227-failed-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 84.01%

I dug around quite a bit I really hope this hasn t already been a thread quot Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system As an administrative user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn t respond quot This message comes with slow start up and Solved: failed System Notification Service, connect Event to shut downs that occasionally freeze Another strange symptom is that sometimes about every other time Solved: System Event Notification Service, failed to connect I boot up the computer it loses the shiny-black Vista theme Not so much a concern of aesthetic and more a note of wonkiness The laptop was sluggish recently and I was doing some cleaning defrags registry cleaning virus spyware scans etc I have a theory my sweep with CCleaner may have done something it really shouldn t have I m unsure what to do about this if it is true though because although I didn t delete them all my restore points are gone I also recently changed the virtual memory size if that is relevant Also uncertain of relevancy but the worst of it Service message began while I was toying around between Pidgin and Trillian Trillian crashed something There are so many event logs now that I m not able to figure out what it was I m really not as familiar with the workings of this computer as I wish I was I m really not certain about how to diagnos a problem from what I see I ve also never really gone to a tech forum before if you need more info you ll probably have to tell me how where to get it It is an Inspiron with Windows Vista Home Premium post SP- MB RAM and a GB HDD Also running AVG Window s Defender is down Firewall is on nbsp

Relevancy 83.08%

when i boot up my laptop now it comes up with failed to connec to a windows service sytem even notification service, this is stopping me getting on to interner etc,

i have tried a REPAIR, done a cold boot, done netsh winsock reset
restarted laptop

and it still stays the same

i see there is a suggestion to delete the winsock services hivekey in registry is this safe to do. i dont want to make it even worse,. but at moment nothing is working whatever i try.

please helo i did get error 1747 as well i cant start the services they are in starting mode and wont stop or start (greyed out options)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511245/when-starting-computer-failed-to-connect-to-system-event-notification-service/
Relevancy 106.21%

My computer recently started having issues here is what is going on boot computer Windows boot screen displayed notification to conect service" Windows system to event " failed minute screen goes black Can move mouse Drive light constantly on not blinking minutes log in screen comes up log in Desktop loads minute gt sometimes it loads with regular windows aero theme other times it loads with basic windows classic theme Error message pop up quot failed to connect to System event notification service quot Have to wait for about more minutes before computer is actually usable The audio service does not work as well from when I press the power button to when I can actually use my computer takes - minutes Here is what I have tried so far Turning off all start up programs services Tested Memory - passed Hard Drive Self Windows failed to conect to " system event notification service" Test ---- - fail I am guessing that this is the source of the problem however my computer does still work once everything is finally booted So I don't know what to do with that information or if that test even matters I have tried looking at the event Windows failed to conect to " system event notification service" viewer but every time it says that the event log service is unavailable gt I try turning on Windows Event Log but that does not change anything tried quot netsh winsock reset quot in command prompt based on a different thread that I found - it didn't work bit Windows untimate clean install from usb iso post resolution to bootsect exe issue running on dell poweredge sc quot No Audio Output Device is installed quot hardware issue Win has never detected or installed drivers for Ensoniq es sound card Specs below OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model PowerEdge SC System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Dell Inc A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Cant seem to find any info on sevenforums or microsoft technet or cnet or WELL Any where Microsoft fix it no problems detected Please any help greatly appreciated

A:Windows failed to conect to " system event notification service"

This seems to be a common problem, I am now also experiencing the same.
I have Win 7 Home Premium 64. Did chkdsk /r, defragged, tried sfc/scannow scanned for viruses and even tried reseting winsock.
My aero themes are greyed out, when trying to fix it with MS fixit it errors out.
It takes a long time to boot and then says "failed to connect to System event notification service"

One search on google will show this is a major problem, so why does MS not come out with a fix.
This seems to be the biggest frustration with Win 7 compared to XP, lack of support from MS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/161341-windows-failed-conect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I logged on to my computer as an administrator and my desktop didnt display for about 4 minutes. There was only a black screen with the white mouse arrow on it. When the desktop had loaded a Windows notification
bubble popped up saying:

"Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification
Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the
system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

I don't believe that I have installed any software etc. recently that could have caused this problem to occur. It just randomly happened one day. In sync with this error I am unable to connect to the internet using my 3 mobile modem and my laptop isn't recognising any wireless signals bringing up the message:

"The dependency service or group failed to start"

My laptop is a Philips freevents 12NB5800 which uses vista.

A:[B]Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service[/B]

try loggin in as an admin and viewing hte error log like it said

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/b-windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-service-b-277883.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi.
After uninstalling a trial version of "Acrobat" pre-loaded on my laptop I receive a message "Windows could not connect to the system event notification service".
System event log entry is the same as thread Vista Event ID: 10 WMI ; which is a closed thread without "detailed" steps to resolve problem, merely stating "Deleted contents of Repostory & rebooted".
Can anyone please help further.
Many thanks.

A:System Event Notification Service

I'm unsure if this is the correct thing to do - but here's how to clear the repository (originally found at this link: Repairing and re-registering the WMI ):

Open an elevated (run as Administrator) Command Prompt and type
"net stop winmgmt" (without quotes) and press Enter.
Leave this window open as you'll reuse it again later.

Open Windows Explorer, navigate to %windir%\System32\Wbem\Repository (%windir% is usually C:\Windows ). Rename the Repository folder to Repository_OLD
Then close Windows Explorer

Go back to the elevated Command Prompt and type:
"net start winmgmt" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Then type "exit" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Then close the elevated Command Prompt window and see if that fixed things.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289312-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello,
New to WindowsXP (Pro) ,I did some reading here and there,
visited the commonly referenced sites in the forums like ElderGeek
and BlackViper's but it's not clear to me if I need some stuff running...

Have some of you disabled the above SENS service and/or
COM+ Event System service at your system ?
Did you have any problems ?
(I don't like all this logging and -maybe- useless processing)

I have a standalone PC connected with a modem to the Net.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

A:System Event Notification service

edsod said:

Hello,
New to WindowsXP (Pro) ,I did some reading here and there,
visited the commonly referenced sites in the forums like ElderGeek
and BlackViper's but it's not clear to me if I need some stuff running...

Have some of you disabled the above SENS service and/or
COM+ Event System service at your system ?
Did you have any problems ?
(I don't like all this logging and -maybe- useless processing)

I have a standalone PC connected with a modem to the Net.

Thanks in advance for any responses. Click to expand...
I have com + event on manual and system event on auto

I do however have quite a few others shutdown and here is my preferred site to read on those services.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-event-notification-service.230385/
Relevancy 96.32%

Everyday when I log on to my laptop it will say:

"Failed to connect to a windows service.
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

But when I go to click on it nothing happens, also my computer has been slow and I have been having problems getting on the internet. My internet will either freeze up or stop working also the sounds for logging on or off have been slow too. I am using micorsoft security essentials which I have used to try to see if there is a virus but it comes back clean.

My laptop is a Pavillion dv5.

A:Failed to conntect to system event notification.

Please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread.
Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

Do you have SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes? If not, they are highly recommended here and compliment your Anti-Virus program.

http://superantispyware.com/ Choose the FREE version, and decline any toolbars etc., included in the download packages. Check for updates before doing a Quick scan.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...=dl&tag=button Choose the FREE version, and decline any toolbars etc., included in the download packages. Check for updates before doing a Quick scan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-to-conntect-to-system-event-notification.1068369/
Relevancy 95.46%

I have a problem with the system event notification service. Whenever I use my Asus V1JP-AK028E with Vista Business to access any Standard User account, it comes up with an error message - "Login failed, System Event Notification Service service could not start. Contact a system administrator".

When using password login to a Maintenance account I created, it comes up with the same error. This is an administrator account. When using fingerprint login to this account, it works, but the error message comes up in a popup when I first see my desktop, and then I'm logged off.

This was new yesterday, and I don't have the Vista Business disk, because it was preinstalled by PowerPlay Direct Ltd. If anyone has any ideas, please email me on [email protected] Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-event-notification-service-error-157333.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I have tried each and every one of the solutions on the forums and over here All Service to not Notification System connect Could the Event my drivers are up to date double checked I rolled back and uninstalled all updates Did sfc scannow three times and they passed without Could not connect to the System Event Notification Service any integrity violations I've tried netsh winsock reset as well The aero is gone greyed out plus I can't select any other theme and whenever I start up the computer it displays the message quot Could not connect to a Windows service quot This started happening about months ago when my laptop ran out of battery in hibernate mode It didn't resume so I had to press the power button again and then it took about minutes to boot with nothing but a black screen and the mouse there The audio service isn't running every time I boot up I have to right click and run troubleshooter to start it Does anyone have ANY idea what might be causing this How do I fix it I've uninstalled all the software that I installed before the error occured as well I'm using Windows Ultimate on a Sony Vaio VGN-NW GF Intel Duo core T and the ATI Radeon HD Graphics card

A:Could not connect to the System Event Notification Service

I would try a Repair Install as a last resort before running Vaio Factory Recovery from its partition - make the backup disks first as a secondary backup method.

However most tech enthusiasts want the better performance of a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 using the Product Key on COA sticker. Everything you need is in the tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/224058-could-not-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 95.46%

hi!

I am using win 7 home basic edition.
There was a power failure and could not shut down the system.
when i started the system it gave me this error.

Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification
Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the
system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for
details about why the service didn't respond.

i have also booted in safe mode and went to the command prompt in safe mode and did a netsh winsock reset.But still i am getting this error.does anybody know a solution to this problem?

Thanks
Mahesh

A:System event notification service error!!!

Try using system restore. I am quite certain that will resolve your problem

System Restore

You may try an sfc scan first, but I am not as certain about the results.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/107201-system-event-notification-service-error.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Every time I start my computer and log in, an error message pops up when I get to my desktop:Failed to connect to a windows service.Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond.How can I fix this?

A:System event notification service not starting

Type services.msc in the start search box. click on the icon, Windows services will open.Scroll down to System Event Notification, right click and choose properties. In the dropdown box, set it to Automatic and start the service.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/380518/system-event-notification-service-not-starting/
Relevancy 95.46%

I get the error: Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service.
Regular users are unable to log on to the machine but Administrators are. The Event Viewer does not have any useful information. I performed a system restore to a previously working day but the error came back eventually. I have ran the command netsh winsock
reset many times to no avail. When I log in to the machine as Admin I can see that the service is started and it is set to Automatic yet the error persists. This has occurred on 2 Dell machines of different models. I had to completely reinstall the first one
to get the user back working but this is not really a solution.

Thanks

A:Could not connect to System Event Notification Service

I reinstalled Symantec Endpoint Protection from the computer and it now appears to be working. But I am skeptical and intend to keep a close eye. If anyone has any experience with this feel free to still chime in.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/21488611-2011-4242-90a5-ba1f536ca5f6/could-not-connect-to-system-event-notification-service?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 95.46%

My HP with Windows 7 suddenly gives me the following error message on startup: "Failed to connect to a Windows service: Could not connect to System Event Notification Service." Among other things, this prevents me from connecting to my wireless network, so I can't get on-line. . Rebooting doesn't help. And the problem occurs regardless of whether I sign on as administrator or as general user.

More: I can't access the Windows Help & Support pages. And I'm told to "see System Events log" for details, but when I try, it says "Event Log Service is unavailable."

I have tried netsh winsock reset but it doesnt help

Please help!

A:Could not connect to System Event Notification Service

Same problem exactly. Tried disabling Kaspersky (internet security 2011) and restarting, but no change. System's been buggy all along, so this just seems like the natural progression of things... But no network connection is pretty hard to work around!

For me this started after i interrupted a shut down by closing the laptop - which puts it into hibernation mid-shut down... Which may or may not be a contributing factor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-not-connect-to-system-event-notification-service.999750/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi i have a couple of users on our network not system service to could event the notification connect Windows who are receiving the following error on startup quot Windows could not connect to the system event notification service service Please contact your system administrator quot When this error is receive i always notice the startup time take an extra - minutes before it even gets to the login Windows could not connect to the system event notification service screen Once logged in the users gets the error Windows could not connect to the system event notification service after a minute it can automatically go back to the login screen or if you press OK it also goes back On second attempt it will log in with no errors So far form everything i have researched and tried nothing seem to fix the issue This is what i have checked and done Oh and these machines that are getting this error are on Windows We get no event viewer message or error about the issue -Made sure the services are running and started and set to automatic - mainly the Windows Event log COM etc everything is started as it should be -Rebuild WMI repository which did fix issue for a days then returned -Netsh catalogue reset and winsock reset -Tried Hotfix - KB -Made sure network drivers were updated and the latest -SFC scannow -HDD healthcheck done - is OK Anything anyone else can suggest would be great or if someone has been able to fix this issue permanantly please let me know Thanks Steve

A:Windows could not connect to the system event notification service

Have you tried this: Event ID 10 is logged in the Application log after you install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219368-windows-could-not-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 94.17%

My laptop using Vista Home Premium as developed a fault which means I cannot logon to the internet through my wireless connection. It takes minutes to boot up and comes up with an error message "failed to connect to a windows service. windows could not connect to system event notification service etc". I have researched this on the net and after trying several fixes including "restore", "deleting the latest windows updates" and "uninstalling HP printer software" all to no avail. Can anyone out there offer other solutions?

A:System Event Notification Service Logon failure

Hello rellarby,
Have you installed/un-installed any hardware/software lately ?, this will sometimes cause your system to do odd things.
The first thing i would try is a system restore, to a point before you had this problem.

System Restore - How to

Give it a try and post your results, good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261343-system-event-notification-service-logon-failure.html
Relevancy 94.17%

So recently I had hardware issues and through warranty I had several replacements done Mobo Video cards ram sticks and the power supply After all that was fixed and replaced my computer seemed to have ran fine for a few days and it still technically is except for this could service event system the connect to not Windows notification problem The problem is when Windows could not connect to the system event notification service I log in into windows normally it takes a while for Windows to boot up I get a quot Please wait quot screen then after a long minute log in once inside windows I get the quot Windows could not connect to the system event notification service quot and the toolbar is grey all old school windows like The problem is the exact same as the issues found here except I am using Windows bit http social technet microsoft com - d def f http social technet microsoft com -de c cd In services the service is called System event notification it says that the service is running fine Even when i try to restart it it makes no difference at all As for in event viewer Im not to sure what to look for in there Ive looked at several familiar threads I did the sfc scannow twice i did a windows start up repair I disabled all non-windows services and even just tried restarting the service in services I'm not really sure what to do next I'm tempted to just to do a clean install However I am cautious on doing so in case its some kind of hardware problem Anyway do any of you have any recommendations or other possible solutions I havent tried yet Thanks in advance

A:Windows could not connect to the system event notification service

Through your post, I seemed to have missed your actual problem. Is it the system notification service in your title?

What are the particulars of the Event Viewer Error messages about that occurrence?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/244882-windows-could-not-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3325 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 466635 MB, Free - 283303 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 3492 MB; G: Total - 476821 MB, Free - 37511 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc, 0PP150, A00, ..CN7082186G50HH.
Antivirus: Norton Security Suite, Updated and Enabled

Error message appears on startup, usually clears upon clicking "Try again", then computer runs normally. It appears to boot up somewhat slower as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-not-connect-to-system-event-notification-service.1023264/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi,

I got this error Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service.

And nvidia control panel doesn't start up.

Problems:

- Slow startup ("please wait" before login screen)
- NVidia Control Panel isnt working

Some Windows Updates was done yesterday i don't know if it's related.

Please help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385557-windows-could-not-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi guys,

Everytime I start my computer, it starts in the Windows Classic theme, with Aero disabled, and unable to be turned back on.
In addition to this there is a pop-up that says
"Failed to connect to a Windows Service"
"System Event Notification Service"

The Aero issue can be temporarily resolved by switching user to another one, then logging out of the other user, then back into the main account.

I have an Asus G51Jx with:
Core i7 Q 720 Hyperthreaded Quad core @ 1.65GHz
nVidia GTS 360M @ 550Mhz
500GB 7200rpm HDD

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Stu

A:Having issues with Aero and a System Event Notification Service Error

Every user can have their/there own theme. See if this will help.
Theme - Specify Default Theme to Load for New Users

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/256341-having-issues-aero-system-event-notification-service-error.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Gringo_Pr,

I am wondering if my system may have gotten a virus.  On boot and attempting to log in I frequently get a message "Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service."  When it does this I get a message that it can't access my profile too.  It then uses the default.

I have run Microsoft Security Essentials, Malware Bytes and Spybot.  They don't seem to find anything.  But I am not convinced.  In browsing my event viewer - system I see system services that crash and restart.  So, either my machine has a virus or it is starting to fail. :-( 

Thanks in advance for taking on another challenge.

Orcldude

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514309/am-i-infected-unable-to-connect-to-system-event-notification-service/
Relevancy 87.72%

OK Now this is getting very annoying Apparently this problem has been going on for a long time Since but so infrequently that I haven t realized it And no I don t remember what I might have down then to start this problem Now I m getting the BSOD at least once a day The last time I wrote down the text and it listed the following quot DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL When I look into the event view the error lists the source as the Service Control Manager The detailed description states quot The USB SECURITY DEVICE service failed to start due to the following error The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it quot I have no idea what might have started this but I do know that it suddenly got much worse after I replaced my power supply BSOD-Event Vwr points to DEVICE USB failed SCM SECURITY & service start to The Fan Died and I shut down gracefully as soon as I got the first wiff or burnt electronics All has worked fine since then except for the increased Frequency of this BSOD-Event Vwr points to SCM & USB SECURITY DEVICE service failed to start BSOD I ll add my full system specs as soon as I get them from the everest pgm I just downloaded nbsp

A:BSOD-Event Vwr points to SCM & USB SECURITY DEVICE service failed to start

Hi GScooter,

I've investigate your minidumps and it is faulty ram. You can run memtest to stress the ram. If memtest reports the ram is faulty, ram is bad. However Memtest is not a perfect tool to test the memory as some faulty can pass memtest.

Suggestion
1. Reseat the memory stick to another memory slot
2. Downclock the ram
3. Clean the inside the computer case
4. Make sure that the ram is compatible to the motherboard
If it still crashes, diagnostic which memory stick is faulty
1. Take out one memory stick. If windows does not crash, the removed memory stick is faulty.
2. If you have only one memory stick, replace the ram

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-event-vwr-points-to-scm-usb-security-device-service-failed-to-start.34168/
Relevancy 85.57%

Briefly My old system hasn t been powered on for about a year Problem was the onboard video failed I think Recently replaced failed system-start following load: to or The boot-start 7026: drivers Amdk7 Event it with a video card from another system riva TNT and bought some memory system wouldn t boot determined that Event 7026: The following boot-start or system-start drivers failed to load: Amdk7 the memory was bad Now the system booted but win K wouldn t work No problem I have XP now After multiple error during the xp install I finally got through it only the computer will only boot in safe mode Initially thought it was a hardare conflict so I booted in safe mode with networking and systematically cleared all the yellow in device manager Still will not boot normally Checked event log got the following error Event The following boot-start or system-start drivers failed to load Amdk fips Searched the net found a M support about it http support microsoft com kbid couldn t find amdk sys but managed to update the driver over the net now its there yet I get the same error I did the regedit described but no folder called quot parameters quot Made one didn t work deleted the value added the key to my available folder didn t work I m at wits end I ve been working on this off and on for a month Can anyone help with this one nbsp

A:Event 7026: The following boot-start or system-start drivers failed to load: Amdk7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-7026-the-following-boot-start-or-system-start-drivers-failed-to-load-amdk7.448950/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello,

Has anyone ran into the Event ID in the Title?
(Event ID: 7026, Message: The Following boot-start or System-start Driver(s) failed to load: TMEBC)

The user is getting CHKDSK every time they boot up the machine and it fails within seconds of it starting.
I removed the Scheduled task under the AutoChk area in the Task Scheduler.

Anyone have anything on this driver or able to assist?

Zach

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1d6be5bc-d8c7-4e71-81fd-eccd4b348180/event-id-7026-message-the-following-bootstart-or-systemstart-drivers-failed-to-load-tmebc?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 85.14%

Please Help My HP running Vista Home Basic suddenly gave me the following error message on startup quot Failed to connect to a Windows service Could not connect to System Event Notification Service quot Among other things this prevents me from connecting to my internet network so I can't get on-line Rebooting did not help Following the google search I used an elevated command prompt click Start click All Programs click Accessories right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator and typing quot NETSH WINSOCK RESET quot then press the Enter Notification Event "System Vista: Service"? Windows key and then restart the computer I still cannot access my internet network instead of not connection now I get the message quot unidentified network Windows Vista: "System Event Notification Service"? quot and I still cannot go online although there I have some Mbs It sais I do not understand this text quot What netsh winsock reset command does are it resets Winsock Catalog to a clean state or default configuration It removes all Winsock LSP Layered Service Providers previously installed including the potential malfunctioned LSP that causes loss of network packets transmission failure So all previously-installed LSPs must be reinstalled This command does not affect Winsock Name Space Provider entries quot Please help me with the next step in order to be able to go online from my computer Thank you

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/226767-windows-vista-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Failed to connect to a windows service
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As as administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d510a61e-8a28-4492-ad51-870fb73863d1/windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-in-windows-7-professional?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 85.14%

Today I booted up my laptop to get this screen - my desktop without an aero theme and the error message on-screen.

Nothing unusual happened last time I used my PC. No installation or updates that I am aware of.

The computer cannot shut down properly now either, it just hangs after the desktop icons are gone. I am forced to hard shutdown.

http://i.imgur.com/S2N6EGp.jpg

Any ideas?

I doubt its malware but will run scans soon to double check.

A:"windows could not connect to the system event notification service"

The service has apparently started though:

http://i.imgur.com/LEuXUAC.png

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-718321.html
Relevancy 84.71%

My 6-week-old Dell running Vista Home Basic suddenly gives me the following error message on startup: "Failed to connect to a Windows service: Could not connect to System Event Notification Service." Among other things, this prevents me from connecting to my wireless network, so I can't get on-line. It also prevents several programs within Kaspersky Internet Security from starting. Rebooting doesn't help. And the problem occurs regardless of whether I sign on as administrator or as general user.

More: I can't access the Windows Help & Support pages. And I'm told to "see System Events log" for details, but when I try, it says "Event Log Service is unavailable." When I try System Restore, it says "back-up hasn't been set up." (Aren't restore points set automatically?)

Please help!

Relevancy 81.7%

I recently had to install a new battery for my computer After doing so I started having this problem and receiving the following Error from the quot Service Control Manager quot Event ID nbsp nbsp The following Boot-Start or System-Start driver s failed to load ppfd vt nbsp or to Driver(s) Load System-Start Boot-Start Service Failed EVENTID:7026 Manager Control nbsp nbsp Param The issues I am having are Unable to completely quot SHUT DOWN quot unless I press the power button this is after I have already selected the quot shut down quot option in the Start menu Never had to press the power button to power off my Service Control Manager EVENTID:7026 Boot-Start or System-Start Driver(s) Failed to Load computer Also at quot START-UP quot I get as far as a black screen with a white flashing cursor in upper left-hand corner At this point I am stuck nothing takes me out of this state unless I press the quot POWER quot button to shut-down In order to start-up amp Boot I Service Control Manager EVENTID:7026 Boot-Start or System-Start Driver(s) Failed to Load disconnect AC Adapter remove battery wait about seconds re-install battery power adapter and push power button Now my computer is all good Can anyone help me with this I've researched for weeks and am no where Thanks for any help My computer is quite old Sept but I'm hoping that I don't have to purchase a new one I'm a lil cheap lol

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8b5250b4-251f-4c98-8c76-2c44de550b46/service-control-manager-eventid7026-bootstart-or-systemstart-drivers-failed-to-load?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi Team I am getting below error when I try to install an application Application installed fine on my local Win Issue is with the Virtual Machine I have setup using VirtualBox VM OS I am using is win and win Both have the same issue I tried running the application as quot Run as Administrator quot but still no luck below is the event log of windows services. (SOSS) start. have system 'ScaleOut sufficient failed Error to you Service StateServer' Verify privileges to 1920. start that - System - Provider Name MsiInstaller - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer PANTHER - Security UserID S- - - - - - - - EventData Product ScaleOut StateServer x Edition -- Error Service 'ScaleOut StateServer' SOSS failed to start Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL B D D D D D Binary data In Words B D D D D D nbsp nbsp In Bytes B nbsp nbsp ACB C br D D nbsp nbsp Error 1920. Service 'ScaleOut StateServer' (SOSS) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. F- D - br D br nbsp nbsp -BFA br D nbsp nbsp - DBC br br Error 1920. Service 'ScaleOut StateServer' (SOSS) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. D nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp C A

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a32caaba-4a5e-4ae1-a27b-d002e4176faa/error-1920-service-scaleout-stateserver-soss-failed-to-start-verify-that-you-have-sufficient?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 80.41%

I have an event error message "SPP Notification Service event id 7023" at windows 7.

The event viewer file is attached.

Please let me know how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

A:SPP Notification Service event id 7023

It looks like it might be an important service based on a quick look on google. Open an elevated command prompt and run "SFC /scannow". It will detect any system file errors and attempt to repair them. If it can't repair them, do a repair install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/102111-spp-notification-service-event-id-7023-a.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello there, I'm having some major issues. When I boot up my computer, it gives me this error:I think it might be malware related. A system reformat is not an option and I do not have Windows install discs. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 and Unfortunately this is on my school laptop Does anyone have any ideas as to how to resolve this issue?I appreciate any help you can provide to me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341284/windows-event-notification-service-cannot-be-started/
Relevancy 79.55%

2 days ago my laptop started acting funnily and stopped doing things like playing dvds and there appeared to be some changes to the screen and tool bars and message boxes.
The error message popped up in the bottom right-hand corner= "System Event Notification Service is not working, as an administrative user you can review the system event log".
Would really appreciate any tips on how to fix this as I know NOTHING about computers. Its is a sony vaio laptop, model PCG-7134M.
Thanks so much, look forward to hearing everyone's ideas asap! xxx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sysetm-event-notification-service-not-working-please-help.984776/
Relevancy 79.12%

I've gotten this error every time my computer freezes and makes a horrible noise in my headset, the only way to fix that is to turn the computer off. I am pretty sure this is from a virus called "Free Ride Games" that I somehow got on my computer while cleaning it up. The error is  the X5XSEx_Pr143 service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. I was wondering if anyone could help me fix this problem/ Virus.

A:the X5XSEx_Pr143 service failed to start due to the following error: The system

I'm sorry I didn't post in the right forums I just realized there was more I was just sick and tired of this virus that I was in a hurry.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502825/the-x5xsex-pr143-service-failed-to-start-due-to-the-following-error-the-system/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello all I have been having a problem with my PC for the last uhh couple of years where it will randomly without warning reboot itself I cannot correlate any rhyme or reason for when it occurs and sometimes it happens several times per day and sometimes just once The message in the event viewer that occurs just service MCSTRM The to find start following file failed specified. to The system cannot error: the due the as the system reboots itself is quot The MCSTRM service failed to start due to the following The MCSTRM service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. error The system cannot find the file specified quot - I googled this and found that it was connected to Rhapsody which I promptly uninstalled This alleviated the problem The MCSTRM service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. COMPLETELY for about a week and a half until two days ago when it began all over again I had not installed or uninstalled anything when the change occurred Here is my HijackThis log I'm not sure if you need this but I saw other topics include this DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINNT System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINNT System bcmwltry exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System cisvc exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System tcpsvcs exe C WINNT System snmp exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C Program Files Linksys WMP N WLService exe C Program Files Linksys WMP N WMP N exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINNT soundman exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Documents and Settings Administrator DADS-COMPUTER Desktop dds scr C Documents and Settings Administrator DADS-COMPUTER Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www ask com web o BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO ZILLAbar Browser Helper Object b- f - - -f ee fcb ec - c program files stopzilla SZSG dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptsn dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO STOPzilla Browser Helper Object e f - - d - f b- d b d - c program files stopzilla SZIEBHO dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB STOPzilla ded-a - f- ba-d f a b b - c program files stopzilla SZSG dll TB D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - No File EB Media Band - a - b-a - c a a - SystemRoot system browseui dll uRun AIM c program files aim aim exe -cnetwait odl mRun LXBSCATS rundll c winnt system spool drivers w x LXBStime dll RunDLLEntry mRun Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon mRun mcagent exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe runkey mRun SoundMan soundman exe mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime dRunOnce SetupICWDesktop c program files internet explorer connection wizard icwconn exe desktop IE amp AOL Toolbar search - c program files aol toolbar toolbar dll SEARCH HTML IE AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - c program files aim aim exe IE c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - SystemRoot web related htm IE CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE Trusted Zone internet Trusted Zone mcafee com Trusted Zone picnik com DPF DirectAnimation Java Classes - file c winnt java classes dajava cab DPF Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file c winnt java classes... Read more

A:The MCSTRM service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233007/the-mcstrm-service-failed-to-start-due-to-the-following-error-the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi There I'm getting the errors below and but I have not got any BSOD The errors I'm getting in nbsp eventviewer are Pku ulog failed to start xC-- Negolog failed to start IDListenLog failed to start P PLog failed to start and HomegroupLog failed to start all with the same failure code xC-- This is what the logs files says about each error Pku ulog Unknown GUID c a fb- a -d - -dc e a No Format Information found p plog Unknown GUID fc d ca -e c - c-be -e e a bbf No Format Information found negolog Unknown GUID f- f start, failed to Negolog and all P2PLog to Errors failed start, 0xC-- Pku2ulog HomegroupLog 0xC--35, failure to 35. start, to with failed start code IDListenLog the failed same start to failed a- -ddb - ab ad d No Format Information found idlistenlog Unknown GUID a f-b - - aa- ef No Format Information found homegrouplog Errors Pku2ulog failed to start 0xC--35, Negolog failed to start, IDListenLog failed to start, P2PLog failed to start and HomegroupLog failed to start, all with the same failure code 0xC-- 35. Unknown GUID f a a- - ede-ff b-dd dafeed No Format Information found However the 'Unknown xx ' number changes times to times Could you help me please Thank you very much for your attention Best Regards

A:Errors Pku2ulog failed to start 0xC--35, Negolog failed to start, IDListenLog failed to start, P2PLog failed to start and HomegroupLog failed to start, all with the same failure code 0xC-- 35.

Hi,
If you have Home group set up, please go to Control Panel ? Network and Sharing Center. Choose homegroup and sharing options and click ?Leave the homegroup?.Juke Chou
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/15c580c0-cbfd-48aa-b058-2de145336920/errors-pku2ulog-failed-to-start-0xc35-negolog-failed-to-start-idlistenlog-failed-to-start?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all having another head scratcher I recently built a new computer a few weeks ago and everything has been running smooth up an till a few days ago I have this issue where if the computer is left doing nothing for around mins it freezes up completely and cannot get into it without holding in the power button to power it off and let it boot up again what is frustrating is that i could be working on it for hours with a bunch of heavy applications running like adobe cs or running games like bf and it will be fine but as soon as it goes idle for a short period it freezes It also happened a few moments ago but this time it was as soon as I powered the computer on and logged in I have searched specifi failed cannot Solved: AODDriver4.2 to system service The file start, the find through the event viewer and there appears to be a pattern every time this happens I get the following error message The AODDriver service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified A few days i was getting this once before the freeze but now it appears twice in the logs There was also another one but I think I have fixed it as it has not appeared in the event viewer in the last two crashes The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load cdrom I have done a bit Solved: AODDriver4.2 service failed to start, The system cannot find the file specifi of research on the AODDriver service and apparently it is linked to Solved: AODDriver4.2 service failed to start, The system cannot find the file specifi my ATI graphics card somehow but there is not alot of posts on the net about this issue I have included a screenshot of my amd vision engine information Here is my computer specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor AMD A - APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI A M-P MS- Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled If you need any more information please ask Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: AODDriver4.2 service failed to start, The system cannot find the file specifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-aoddriver4-2-service-failed-to-start-the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specifi.1105827/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all,

i tried loading the eventvwr.msc file from system32 folder directly as well as from the administrator tools, but i get:

"event log service is unavailable. verify that the service is running."

so i try to start the event log service, from the services.msc program;
whenever i try to start windows event log from services i get the message:

"Windows could not start the windows event log service on local computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

how can i specify the path?
or
how can i resolve the problem?

any help would be appreciated please---thanks

A:HELP need to solve this problem asap - Unable to start event viewer/event log service

Fire up regedit and find this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog

With "Eventlog" highlighted on the left pane, you should be able to see a value called "ImagePath" on the right. ImagePath should be equal to this:

%SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted

If you can't see "ImagePath" in that location, or if it's not set to the text above, that's almost certainly your problem. If you're in the habit of using "registry cleaners", that might be the cause.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/223413-help-need-solve-problem-asap-unable-start-event-viewer-event-log-service.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all,

i tried loading the eventvwr.msc file from system32 folder directly as well as from the administrator tools, but i get:

"event log service is unavailable. verify that the service is running."

so i try to start the event log service, from the services.msc program;
whenever i try to start windows event log from services i get the message:

"Windows could not start the windows event log service on local computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

how can i specify the path?
or
how can i resolve the problem?

any help would be appreciated please---thanks

A:Unable to start event viewer/event log service on vista

By the way the OS is a Vista Home Prem without SP1. and i have searched this problem extensively, finding no solutions.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-start-event-viewer-event-log-service-on-vista-367739.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Slow booting nbsp Really slow booting fails failed to Kernel-PnP) resulting WUDFRd to Driverframeworks-Usermode) start in 10114, (event UMDF 219, Reflector load... (event nbsp Seems that using an SD card for ReadyBoot ReadyBoost is causing the UMDF Reflector fails to start (event 10114, Driverframeworks-Usermode) resulting in WUDFRd failed to load... (event 219, Kernel-PnP) issue nbsp But why On investigation this only started happening back in November which coincides with the install of KB UMDF http support microsoft com kb UMDF Reflector fails to start (event 10114, Driverframeworks-Usermode) resulting in WUDFRd failed to load... (event 219, Kernel-PnP) Could be a bit buggy I'll uninstall the update and see if this solves the issue So first event Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp System Source nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode Date nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Event ID nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category Startup of the UMDF reflector Level nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Information Keywords nbsp nbsp nbsp User nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SYSTEM Computer nbsp nbsp nbsp LAPTOPW A Description The UMDF reflector was unable to complete startup because the WUDFPf service was not found nbsp This service may be started later during boot at which point Windows will attempt to start the device again Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode quot Guid quot E AAEB- F- BEB-A - E C E D quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventID gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp lt Version gt lt Version gt nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp lt Correlation gt nbsp nbsp lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt LAPTOPW A lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt UserData gt nbsp nbsp lt UMDFReflectorDependencyMissing xmlns auto-ns quot http schemas microsoft com win events quot xmlns quot http www microsoft com DriverFrameworks UserMode Event quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt Dependency gt WUDFPf lt Dependency gt nbsp nbsp lt UMDFReflectorDependencyMissing gt nbsp lt UserData gt lt Event gt and Second event Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp System Source nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Event ID nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category Level nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Warning Keywords nbsp nbsp nbsp User nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SYSTEM Computer nbsp nbsp nbsp LAPTOPW A Description The driver Driver WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot UMB amp c b amp amp STORAGE VOLUME SD VID amp OID amp PID SD G amp REV amp BB amp amp Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP quot Guid quot C A - - D-ABD -E C quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventID gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp lt Version gt lt Version gt nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp lt Correlation gt nbsp nbsp lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt LAPTOPW A lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot DriverNameLength quot gt lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot DriverName quot gt WpdBusEnumRoot UMB amp amp c b amp amp amp amp STORAGE VOLUME SD VID amp amp OID amp amp PID SD G amp amp REV amp amp BB amp amp amp amp lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt D... Read more

A:UMDF Reflector fails to start (event 10114, Driverframeworks-Usermode) resulting in WUDFRd failed to load... (event 219, Kernel-PnP)

Hmm.  Now that is interesting.
In my System event log I was getting an NTFS error (57: Failed to flush tlog).  I didn't think it was from my HDD, so using diskpart, I ran a 'CLEAN ALL' on my SD card, then recreated the FS as exFAT (previously it was NTFS).
Seems to be working now, although I'm getting VDS Basic Provider errors (Unexpected failure.  Error code:
[email protected]) "which can be safely ignored" (re: KB979391).
This begs the question: if it can be safely ignored, why is it raised in the first place?
Boot time is also restored to an acceptable timescale.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/38b2ae86-c726-4bb0-8b7d-48e6773ab5f7/umdf-reflector-fails-to-start-event-10114-driverframeworksusermode-resulting-in-wudfrd-failed-to?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 74.39%

On my laptop with XP Pro SP2, I get frequent and seemingly random System Event Notification sounds (XP Balloon.wav). I can not figure out what is causing them. I get them all the time. I have checked the Event Viewer and I can find no entries that seem to correspond. I cleared the event logs and the next time I got the event sound I checked the logs and they were still clear. How can I find out what is causing these? I get no error msgs and everything seems to be running fine apart from these frequent popping noises. Are there more logs I should looking at other than the ones the Event Viewer offers?

Relevancy 74.39%

Hello. When i turn my pc on now, i keep getting the following message:

failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging onto the system.As an admin user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didnt respond.

I do not see any problems arising from this, but can someone tell me what this is all about and how to fix it.

Thank you

A:System Event Notification

Hello and welcome to the forum.

First I take it you can still logon to your desktop...

The best and fastest way to correct the problem is by doing a system restore not a factory restore. You go back say 5 days before the problem started heres how.

System Recovery Options

System Restore

You also might want to try a sfc sacn heres how...

System Files - SFC Command

1. Click start...
2. Type: cmd
3. Right click cmd.exe and run as administrator.
4. When the command box appears next to the flashing cursor then type: sfc /scannow, notice there is a space between the sfc and the forward slash. After you have run the sfc if there are any errors then run it 3 more times as it repairs more each time.

Please keep us informed as to the results...

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/291827-system-event-notification.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I keep getting the error message when the computer is starting up "Can't connect to system event notification service". As a result I'm unable to get online.

I've tried to restart it in system maintenance but all options of starting, stopping, or restarting are grayed out. The same for my DHCP clinet.

The only thing that I have been able to do that works is going to the command promt as admin and doing "NETSH WINSOCK RESET CATALOG".

My computer has been super slow lately and when booting up it goes to a black screen that sits forever in between the welcome screen and when my desktop acutally comes up.

Please let me know what to do to fix this problem.

I'm running Vista Home Premium.

A:System Event Notification Issues

<<...starting up "Can't connect to system even notification service". As a result...>>

I think you meant "system event notification service" .

http://carbonize.co.uk/wp/2009/02/15/system-event-notification-service-not-starting-on-vista/

http://www.techmalaya.com/2009/01/26/fix-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-error-windows-vista/

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/367975/system-event-notification-issues/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey guys This error started happening only on computers with installed The original RTM of Windows doesn't do this nor do Windows and I tried some Google searches but all I see are relevant to or not Windows It must have been something changed between RTM and that did it too Anyway This only happens once but let me explain When I refurbish computers for our employees I wipe the hard drive completely either diskpart quot clean quot via the recovery shell or using DBAN to wipe the partition table if I can't get into WinRE I then boot it up using network boot We have a System with Notification errors Event logins domain Windows Deployment Services server set up so we can install Windows using PXE I put the Windows Enterprise Version wim in there and it installs fine After install I make a local account make sure the drivers get installed automatically so far it's been auto-magic for all our hardware even NVIDIA and AMD graphics cards install antivirus MS Office and whatever special software that employee System Event Notification errors with domain logins would need and then I name the machine and put it on the domain To prevent extra crap from being created in C System Event Notification errors with domain logins Users System Event Notification errors with domain logins and in the registry I don't log in with a domain account I let the employees do that themselves The first time any domain account tries to log in it errors after about seconds with Code Windows couldn't connect to the System Event Notification Service service Please consult your system administrator If they put their password in again it goes through and all the initial settings are applied from our Group Policy Objects I noticed that if I log in as an account which is a Domain Administrator and via our GPOs is also added to the Administrators group on the machine I don't get that error It only shows up for quot normal quot users which are not part of admins Nothing critical by any means as it will always work on the second try but I'm really curious why it happens at all What service is it even trying to connect to The fact it happens on literally every computer it even happens in VMWare images which I've done to test GPO settings would imply it's not a problem with a particular machine rather something in our domain Or it's possible there's a GPO that was set years ago for Windows that didn't cause any detrimental effects until now I'd be happy to provide diagnostic debug stuff just tell me what you need and I'll try it in one of my VMs

A:System Event Notification errors with domain logins

Hi,

we are experiencing the same issue. Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36700-system-event-notification-errors-domain-logins.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Okay this problem has been seen plenty of times by others so I've read some threads now offering a fix but none of them solves the problem Upon booting Windows after entering my password for several minutes I see the message quot Please wait for the System Event Notification Service quot or words to that effect After a while the machine finishes booting and the desktop shows up but immediately a message shows up near the notification area reading Quote quot Failed to connect Event Can't Notification Crisis! Connect System Nothing helps! to Svc- to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system As an administrative user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond quot But it's lying You cannot use the event viewer if the System Event Notification Service isn't running BTW SENS System Event Notification Service is set to start automatically If it matters the last things I did prior to encountering this problem were Uninstalled iTunes Installed older version of iTunes iTunes failed to launch properly due to various error messages Performed System Restore from last night before step occurred then rebooted SENS problem first appeared and when I finally got Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps! to the desktop I saw a message saying that the System Restore failed and that I should try again Every subsequent System Restore I tried failed in the same way as --- One alleged quot fix quot was to boot into Safe Mode start the SENS then run the event viewer but in my case I absolutely cannot start SENS So I cannot run the event viewer either --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to use the command quot netsh winsock Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps! reset quot but whether in Safe Mode or not although the command completed normally it did not Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps! fix the problem --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to run quot SFC Scannow quot This is something I do fairly often but it doesn't fix this problem --- Another alleged quot fix quot is to startup without any user startup programs and without any non-Microsoft services as follows Clean Boot Run msconfig Chose quot Selective Startup quot Disable quot Load startup items quot Go to Services tab select Hide All Microsoft Services Select quot Disable All quot to disable all non-MS services Reboot But this did not fix the problem either --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to stop the Font Cache service rename the font cache to old then reboot But this did not fix the problem either --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to delete all the files under quot C Windows System winevt Logs quot This didn't work either -- Another alleged quot fix quot is to run a Hotfix described at KB Weirdly you're not allowed to just download the Hotfix MS actually REQUIRES that you request that the link to the file be emailed to you I made that request at pm local time but it's pm now and I still haven't received the email I'll try it when I MS decides they can trust me with it but does anyone have any other suggestions as to how to fix this crisis Thanks

A:Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps!

Quote: Originally Posted by Thenin

...You cannot use the event viewer if the System Event Notification Service isn't running!...

Sadly, you have multiple issues. I have no problem seeing the event logs while SENS is stopped/disabled... even after restarting the W7pro64bit Virtual Machine.

Perhaps I got to the log files in a way that is different than what you tried. I did the following:

Start > right-click on Computer
Select Manage from the context menu.
Drill down to the event log of interest.

After selecting a particular log (e.g. System) I did have to let it sit for several seconds before the middle pane populated with info. I have seen this take several minutes. You might try leaving it selected over night :-(

I'm not a big fan of the System Restore process. You might be looking at doing a Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/377825-crisis-cant-connect-system-event-notification-svc-nothing-helps.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I am attempting to the load the software for a Canon Mx850 printer to my Lenovo PC with Windows Vista.

I get the message Print Spooler Service has been stopped. I have checked in the services area and it is set to automatic. When I attempt to start it. I get the following Error: 1068 dependency service or group failed to start.

I have gone to the command prompt and typed the following: sc config spooler depend= RPCSS however I get message access denied. I am set as the system administrator. Not sure what to do at this point. Very frustrating. Printer works fine when connected to laptop. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Print Spooler Service stopped Error 1068 dependency service or group failed to start

Double click on the Print Spooler service to open its Properties. On the Dependencies tab see upon what it depends, and trace back to see if the cause/fix can be determined. Caveat: no guarantee this will work any better than your command attempt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-spooler-service-stopped-error-1068-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.915710/
Relevancy 70.95%

Yesterday my wife's HP ENVY laptop began to have problems screen blinking and slow typing The laptop is running Windows I Service start HTTP following to service to The error:%%1009 failed due the ran MiniToolBox and found numerous errors for HpConnectedRemoteService exe continually terminating and restarting After finding The HTTP Service service failed to start due to the following error:%%1009 a post on this site about that service I uninstalled it Things seemed to be fine after uninstalling it but then I found the Print Spooler Service wouldn't start I finally fixed it After all of this I decided to run MiniToolBox again and found error messages stating The HTTP Service service failed to start due to the following error I The HTTP Service service failed to start due to the following error:%%1009 don't know if this is a problem and if her PC is infected The link to Speccy is http speccy piriform com results nuE q rLm H gWnsGDhyGDE The MiniToolBox output from this morning is below I've also run ADWCleaner and Malwarebytes Malwarebytes found nothing and ADWCleaner found some things from another old tool that had been uninstalled Any help you can provide would be appreciated Gary MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Diane administrator on - - at Running from C Users Diane Downloads Microsoft Windows X Model HP ENVY TS Sleekbook Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell User DIANES-HP-PC Description Activation of app microsoft windowscommunicationsapps wekyb d bbwe Microsoft WindowsLive Mail failed with error - See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI Operational log for additional information Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf User NT AUTHORITY Description Unloading The HTTP Service service failed to start due to the following error:%%1009 the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl WmiApRpl failed The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf User NT AUTHORITY Description Unable to read the Last Counter registry value The first DWORD in the Data section contains the Win error code Error AM Source Microsoft-Windows-RestartManager User DIANES-HP-PC Description Application or service 'HP Connected Remote Service' could not be restarted Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name HPConnectedRemoteService exe version time stamp x a Faulting module name KERNELBASE dll version time stamp x d d Exception code xe Fault offset x b c Faulting process id xec Faulting application start time xHPConnectedRemoteService exe Faulting application path HPConnectedRemoteService exe Faulting module path HPConnectedRemoteService exe Report Id HPConnectedRemoteService exe Faulting package full name HPConnectedRemoteService exe Faulting package-relative application ID HPConnectedRemoteService exe Error AM Source NET Runtime User Description Application HPConnectedRemoteService exe Framework Version v Description The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception Exception Info System PlatformNotSupportedException Stack at System ServiceModel Channels TransportManager Open System ServiceModel Channels TransportChannelListener at System ServiceModel Channels TransportManagerContainer Open System ServiceModel Channels SelectTransportManagersCallback at System ServiceModel Channels HttpChannelListener System Canon mscorlib Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken b a c e OnOpen System TimeSpan at System ServiceModel Channels CommunicationObject Open System TimeSpan at System ServiceModel Dispatcher ChannelDispatcher OnOpen System TimeSpan at System ServiceModel Channels CommunicationObject Open System TimeSpan at System ServiceModel ServiceHostBase OnOpen System TimeSpan at System ServiceModel Channels CommunicationObject Open System TimeSpan at SwitchBoard Utils WCFServiceHostUtil setupService System Object System Type Int Boolean at SwitchBoard SwitchBoardSer... Read more

A:The HTTP Service service failed to start due to the following error:%%1009

Download and run wipe  and system ninja,

https://privacyroot.com/software/www/en/wipe.php
https://singularlabs.com/software/system-ninja/

Then.....

Go ahead and install Ccleaner. Now that you have the program installed go ahead and run the cleaner function.
Now that you have cleaned out some temp files, lets go ahead and disable all of the items starting up with your machine except your antivirus. To do this you will need to click on tools then start up select each item then disable.
Now that you have disabled those un-needed start ups lets go into the settings, we will have Ccleaner run when your machine boots, so that you will never have to worry about cleaning temp files again.To do this:
Hit options.
Settings.
Place a tick to run Ccleaner when the computer starts.

Now go to the advanced tab, and select close program after cleaning, now run the cleaner again this will close Ccleaner.

Reboot your machine and then follow the  instructions below.

Step 1: eScanAV.

Disable your antivirus prior to this scan.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114351/how-to-temporarily-disable-your-anti-virus-firewall-and-anti-malware-programs/
Download the eScanAV Anti-Virus Toolkit (MWAV)http://www.escanav.com/english/content/products/downloadlink/downloadcounter.asp?pcode=MWAV&src=english_dwn&type=alter
Save the file to your desktop.
Right click run as administrator.
A new icon will appear on your desktop.
Right click run as administrator on new icon.
Click on the update tab.
Once you have updated the program, make sure the settings are the same as the picture below.
Once you have made sure the settings match the picture, hit the Scan & Clean button.
Upon scan completion, click View Log.
Copy and paste entire log into your next reply.
Note: Reboot if needed to remove infections.

Step 2: Zemana

Run a full scan with Zemana antimalware.
http://www.zemana.us/product/zemana-antimalware/default.aspx
Install and select deep scan.

Remove any infections found.
Then click on the icon in the pic below.

Double click on the scan log, copy and paste here in your reply.

Step 3: Junkware Removal Tool.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your desktop.
Shut down your anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Please post the JRT log.
Step 4: Adware Cleaner.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Scan button.
When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574270/the-http-service-service-failed-to-start-due-to-the-following-error%1009/
Relevancy 70.95%

Very frequent logging of:"The Diagnostic Service Host service failed to start due to the following error: A privilege that the service requires to function properly does not exist in the service account configuration. You may use the Services Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in (services.msc) and the Local Security Settings MMC snap-in (secpol.msc) to view the service configuration and the account configuration."Checking Service status it shows the service faults even before start:SERVICE_NAME: WdiServiceHost        TYPE               : 20  WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS        STATE              : 1  STOPPED        WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 0  (0x0)        SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)        CHECKPOINT         : 0x0        WAIT_HINT          : 0x0The Same logon account (Local Service) is used for DPS (Diagnostic Policy Service) and it starts without a hitch.Morten Ross

A:The Diagnostic Service Host service failed to start due to the following error

Since your question or comment has gone unanswered, you can send your request to the development team in this thread. 
Have Comments about Windows 7 Beta Rating posts helps other users
Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e4d701f5-a63f-4fee-9b09-89ea9b07e1c3/the-diagnostic-service-host-service-failed-to-start-due-to-the-following-error?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi I hope this is the correct forum for this problem The night of April my wife's laptop running Window began to experience problems with HP Connect Remote and then the Print Spooler would not start HP recommended uninstalling HP Connect Remote which I did failed to HTTP service Service start I found something to fix the Print Spooler it appeared to be a problem with Print Spooler dependencies I used a tool called MiniToolBox to look for other errors after the Print Spooler was fix and it showed the following errors related to the HTTP Service which will not start Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The HTTP Service HTTP Service service failed to start service failed to start due to the following error Error AM Source HTTP User Description Device Http ReqQueueType Index I decided to look at Event Viewer for anything related to HTTP and in Summary of Administrative Events I found that I have had the HttpEvent Event ID over times in the past week The details from a error event are Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-HttpEvent Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Dianes-HP-PC Description An error occurred while using SSL configuration for endpoint Type Index The error status code is contained within the returned data Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-HttpEvent quot Guid quot b bc c- b- -bbf - a ea fc quot EventSourceName quot HTTP quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Dianes-HP-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot DeviceObject quot gt Device Http ReqQueue lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Endpoint quot gt Type Index lt Data gt lt Binary gt AD A C C C lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt I have run various virus and malware cleaners based on assistance from another forum so I believe her laptop is now clean This problem may have been caused by malware I cannot find HTTP Service in the list of services for Windows and I don't know if I really need it Any help would be greatly appreciated Gary

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65267-http-service-service-failed-start.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello Members!Please refer to the attached Pictorial description, & help assess the background System service/services causing this Notification window to pop-up during System startup albeit once!Yes the "Security Center" service has been set to >Manual< & even my User-account control associated notifications have also been set to >Never-Notify<...then which else Service can be held responsible for prompting such a message? This message is shortlived & pops-up from the extreme right hand corner of the taskbar & then disappears after a few seconds!Thankfully, this do not returns until the PC is turned ON again!Which service could be defying the 'No Notification' as set within the User Accounts Control settings?Help will be sincerely appreciated.Thank you.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157737.0.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi Everyone I am trying to fix up my parents computer that is Start Service Event Log Won't running Vista Home Premium but I can't get the Event Log Service to start and as a result Task Scheduler won't start either nor will any of the services that require Task Scheduler in Event Log Service Won't Start order to work like defrag Not sure if it is what is causing System Restore to not work as well but it isn't working either System Restore appeared to be working as programs like Revo can make restore points but I cannot make one manually and of course it doesn't make the scheduled restore points due to Task Scheduler not working I did not notice that I couldn't make restore points in System Restore until after I ran the Windows Repair from Tweaking com The Windows Repair program caused some problems so I went to use System Restore only to find that Windows Repair program had deleted all of them even the one I told the Windows Repair to create wasn't there That program also caused some other problems but thankfully the registry backup I had it make was there which helped me resolve the problems it created It was then that I tried to make a restore point Event Log Service Won't Start and found I could not do it In any case I am left with my original problem of the Event Log Service not starting which I need to have running in order to have the Task Scheduler work Both are set to automatic in services but neither will start When I try to start the Event Log Service I get a Error The authentication service is unknown When I try to start the Task Scheduler I get Error The dependency service or group failed to start Everything else seems to be working fine and it appears that the problem with the Event Log Service may have been caused by the updates that windows did on the system June as that is the last time there was anything written in the events log I have thought about uninstalling the dozen or so updates that were installed that day but not sure if that would fix it even if it was an update that broke it I found online that some people have had a problem with the Event Log Service and were able to fix it by resetting the winsock but their problems seemed to also involve the internet which mine do not Nevertheless I tried it but it didn't work I also tried just disabling the Event Log Service and restarting the computer then resetting it to automatic and restarting the computer but that didn't work either Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this Thank you for any help anyone can give it would be very appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/628487/event-log-service-wont-start/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi All I m having a problem with my wireless networking on XP whereby no wireless networks can be found Basically it says quot one or more wireless networks will start not service error Event - Solved: log 126 are in range quot but when i click the bubble it shows no networks at all even when i refresh Normally it Solved: Event log service will not start - error 126 shows my home network access point about metres away along with around - other networks from various neighbours The issue is on the desktop PC not the access point as the laptop i m typing this from is connecting fine After spending many hours trying everything I can find on forums related to this issue and ruling out solutions one by one i ve narrowed it down to a probable specific issue with something called the quot event Log Service quot From browsing forums I think fixing this issue will fix my problem - either way it s definately giving an error message that sounds not nice Under Computer Management - Services The Event Log is set to Automatic but is not running I try to start it it gives the following error quot Could not start the Event Log Service on Local Computer Error The specified module cannot be found quot A similar error occurs with something called quot Task Scheduler quot in the same place - except this time the second part is quot Error The interface is unknown quot Does anyone have any ideas re how to reinstall these components or otherwise fix this computer I do not want to have to reinstall windows etc As I mentioned tried finding an existing solution online but nothing works - I have tried all the obvious things like removing and reinstalling the wireless network driver etc nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Has anyone seen this error. MS has a wonderful description, "an internal error has occurred". We rebooted this server on Friday and it worked until this morning (Monday) and is back to reporting failure to find the counters in remote Perfmon. The Performance Logs and Alerts service is set to manual and when I attempt to start it, I get the error and the event log is Event 2003 (0x7D23).

This is a production server that cannot just be rebooted regularly.

TIA for any help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server2003-event-2003-perfmon-service-wont-start.752243/
Relevancy 66.65%

Okay, I am a pretty technical user, and I am really struggling with this issue, and I wasn't 100% sure which section to post this in. I used to share videos over my network with multiple xboxs and a ps3. I recently installed Norton Internet Security on my system, and after doing so, I was not able to stream videos anymore. I tried changing firewall settings, and permissions and such, but could not get it to work, so I uninstalled NIS from my system. After doing so, the Windows 7 firewall service will not start. If i look at the event log, it gives me Event ID 7024 : The Windows Firewall service terminated with service-specific error Access is denied.. I have run the norton removal tool, and this has not fixed the problem.

A:Windows 7 firewall service will not start. Event ID 7024

I solved the problem! I followed the instructions here.
Windows Firewall damaged by &#39;Windows 7 antivirus 2012&#39;

Sorry to bother you guys.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249192-windows-7-firewall-service-will-not-start-event-id-7024-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

My Windows XP Failed System Drivers Boot Event SP- suddenly crashes without warning from - minutes after booting up The quot Event Boot System Drivers Failed Events and Errors Message quot states Event I D Source Service Control Manager Version Component System Event Log Symbolic Name EVENT BOOT SYSTEM DRIVERS FAILED Message The following boot-start or system start drivers failed to load ersd esft The system error codes reported on the quot blue screen quot are Error code df parameter parameter parameter parameter I ran CHKDSK and no problems were reported I then ran Windows Upgrade Advisor and there were no problems with my system devices or programs My anti-virus software is BitDefender and I also run Spy Sweeper Spybot and Ad-Ware SE None of these reported any problems My graphics card sound card and other peripherals do not have any new drivers I ran the registry cleaning software ErrorSmart and it did not pick up any driver or other conflicts which could cause a crash I recently defragged the hard drive so I assume the above drivers are in the most appropriate location The system crashes continue Any advice to solve the above driver problem and crashes would be greatly appreciated Commisioner nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-boot-system-drivers-failed.674633/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,

I have several Win 7 machines that all have this same issue.

When you try to view the Event Log I get an error saying the service is not running.

The service is set to Automatic. When you try to start it you get the error below.

Windows could not start the Windows Event Log service on Local Computer.

Error 0x80007000e: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

I have tried everything I can to fix this and am now out of ideas. Not all Win 7 machines have this issue, but most in our network do.

Any thoughts.

A:Event Viewer will not start - Service not running - Not enough storage space

Hi,

According to the error message, there’s no enough storage on your drive.

How much feel space in your C drive? The default event log should be located in C:\Windows\System32\winevt\logs

Please replace these logs to other drive and restart the service to see if the same issue occurs.

Since the issue occur with many machines, the problem may related with the installation image. Did the image make by yourself? How did you deploy these Windows 7
PC? And did the issue appear in a new installed Windows 7 PC?

Furthermore, does your workaround is a domain? Please check if any GPOs were set to those PC.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Leo  
Huang

Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bb11e534-2990-48a3-9396-e34e44ed6d9c/event-viewer-will-not-start-service-not-running-not-enough-storage-space?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi There--please be patient with me this is the first time i have ever tried to post on forum sites My computer has recently been playing up at the startup I keep getting the Vista notifcation service event system above notices and my computer will not connect to the internet--I have only been able to connect by turning the computer Vista system event notifcation service back by doing a system restore I have as you instructed run the tool as posted the information below I am not very techhy so any instructions to help could they be made simple basically and idiots guide Hopefully i have done this alright for you --dont know what these tags things are for a bottom of post so i have just missed them out kind regards Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD PRO Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc RY Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

PROBLEM Being a technician I always have my Lenovo laptop running Windows Professional x working perfectly and smoothly One perfect day I installed Apple iTunes rebooted my laptop and then I discovered that many services had stopped working fingerprint logon failed so I switched to entering password very slow startup up to minute delay comparing with the time it normally consumes NO Internet access at all nor wireless neither wired system message in notification area Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not Winsock failed; Event Solved: doesn't service Log help Solved: No network; reset connect to the Solved: Solved: Event Log service failed; No network; Winsock reset doesn't help System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system As an administrative user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service Solved: Solved: Event Log service failed; No network; Winsock reset doesn't help didn t respond Click to expand Event Viewer eventvwr exe could not start because of a problem with the service In Services snap-in there were two services in uncommon state Windows Event Log in Starting TCP IP NetBIOS Helper in Starting both were holding infinitely Of cause first of all I uninstalled Apple iTunes Bonjour Apple service QuickTime and other software I recently install Didn t help I tried Clean Boot quot sfc scannow quot System Resfore Didn t help I looked into Google for solutions Many guys recommend to reset TCP IP and Winsock with these commands should be run under administrative account Code netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset It works for almost everyone with the same problem so try it first but not for me and a couple of guys because of the following error Code Initialization Function InitHelperDll in NSHHTTP DLL failed to start with error code SOLUTION find a machine with the same OS run regedit on that machine and export HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services Winsock and HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services Winsock into reg files run regedit exe on your computer under administraive account find and delete HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services Winsock and HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services Winsock restore them by applying reg files from a healthy machine reboot reset TCP IP by executing two commands above reboot againg done In case you have no healthy machine around I attached my reg files for Windows Pro x for your convenience If it helps you - please post a couple of words here Thank you P S Many thanks to adlep who post the main idea http forums anandtech com showpost php p amp postcount nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-event-log-service-failed-no-network-winsock-reset-doesnt-help.1017127/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have been trying to download Itunes for a month now. I uninstalled itunes and its components, including bounjour, about a month ago. I then tried to reinstall it but i keep getting the same error message. Bounjour Service failed to start, verify you have sufficient privalages to access or something like that. I am at my wits end. Please help me! Thanks to all that post

A:Bounjour Service Failed To START!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way i have vista if that helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bounjour-service-failed-to-start.916514/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi!

I'm with a friend's PC that he use as a file and application server. Windows 7 Pro (French version) fully patched. He was having BSOD 0x0000001e as soon he try to go a network items related place: share, network browsing, etc. But he does have access to Internet with the server. I found that the problem came from the lanmanserver service the can't start: error 998 Invalid access to memory location. I try to do a in-place repair with a valid installation DVD of Windows 7 Pro, but the installation failed as soon as the file was copied. The guy who install firstly his server deactivate system restore so I can't go back in time...

He got, on is "server", some software that he paid for (NovaBackup v.12, SolidWorks, Sage accounting, etc) but he didn't take a service plan so he can use them, but can't reinstall them.

Have you an idea ?

Thanks a lot!

A:Server service failed to start

Moved from Win 7 to Crashes/BSODs forum.

Please follow the instructions at BC BSODs Posting Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/ .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623182/server-service-failed-to-start/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi This error appears at every Windows update start Issue Details AODDriver service failed to start - The system cannot find the specified file This from Event Viewer - System - Provider Name Service Control Manager Guid d -a d - - e e- d f EventSourceName Service Control Manager - EventID Qualifiers Version Level Task Opcode Keywords to start 4.2.0 service AODDriver failed x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer Desktop Security - EventData param AODDriver param F E E Binary data In Words F E E In Bytes F A O D D r i v e E r E --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have tried everything - but AODDriver 4.2.0 service failed to start the problem is always there unless no AMD software is installed Uninstalled AMD software and drivers normally Installed older or latest AMD software and it is still there I have completely uninstalled all AMD software using the AMD cleanup utility I have installed the AODDriver 4.2.0 service failed to start previous version but the error still appears Strangely this error was not there prior to installing but now it is there using even though the AMD cleanup utility was used So nothing seems to clear this except to uninstall all AMD software using the cleanup utility When no AMD software is installed there is no error obviously However when subsequently installing any AMD graphics software the error returns Graphics Card Radeon HD AMD Catalyst Driver Version and Driver History previous and all previous Catalyst software for many years Operating System - Windows Update Pro -bit Power Supply w Display Device Samsung Syncmaster P Applications The usual stuff but NO GAMES CPU Details AMD Phenom Quad Core System Memory Type amp Amount GB Additional Hardware Seagate Hard Drive x Blu Ray writer Any help gratefully appreciated

A:AODDriver 4.2.0 service failed to start

Do you have "AMD Owerdrive installed" ?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/46390-aoddriver-4-2-0-service-failed-start.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey so I tried searching everywhere for the answer to this issue I posted on the answer microsoft com forum and this indian guy said I had to do a clean boot did that and it didn't work and they haven't responded again But then yesterday I didn't get the error all day then I turned off my computer and it did it again earlier So I'm not good with computers Like at all And my first problem was the quot error quot and I looked it up for (and more) start service The to failed Hardlock hours and did the component registry editer thing to assign permission and for me that was like I became a god lmao Then I had a wifi issue looked that up too I have identical wifis for some reason suddenlink and then suddenlink- g and the g one hasn't been able to connect and says socket registries are missing but that didn't bug me My problem that I've come for help is randomly my computer asus t will crash not blue screen just the screen goes grey and then crumbles to black I turn it back on half the time it freezes while on the asus logo and I have to force restart then if It does load the event log says So I looked at the sticky and downloaded that scan thing so I'll attach that here And all of this happened conveniently after I downloaded this risque file that I foolishly ran without antivirus It was to get a product code for a game since I lost my product code a while ago Dumb how they make you do that But anyway can someone please help with this I'll love you forever

A:The Hardlock service failed to start (and more)

Oh wait, it says there's no files in that zip folder wtf. I'll run the thing again
http://prntscr.com/awrlfc is this why?

dang and right as I edited this I just got like 20 10016 errors. ughhhhhhhhh

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/48380-hardlock-service-failed-start-more.html
Relevancy 64.93%

the event viewer shows the above error, saying 'the system cannot find the file specified'

I never had the problem prior to installing Roxio Easy Cd & DVD Creator 6 Plat. (this may be a coincidence ?) however I now am unable to restore my PC to any saved restore point

I have a soundblaster sound card.

any advice please ?

A:PfModNT service failed to start

I just had the same problem. The fix is to go into the reg. and delete PfModNT. Then reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pfmodnt-service-failed-to-start.176483/
Relevancy 64.93%

"Bonjour Service failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services."
I have tried a lot of different things to fix this. I haven't had iTunes since September '08. Turned off my firewall, tried download only, disabled Bonjour, called Apple and Dell for support and no one could help me. I may have gotten a virus in September which could have restricted my privileges but my computer has since been fine. Please help!

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

When I attempt to open "cmd" using "Run as administrator" I am getting the following error:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
The dependency service or group failed to start.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Maro

A:Dependency or service failed to start.

AFAIK - cmd.exe has the following dependencies:

msvcrt.dll
KERNEL32.dll
USER32.dll

Have you tried running SFC.EXE /SCANNOW?

Quote:

SFC.EXE /SCANNOW
Go to Start and type in "cmd.exe" (without the quotes)
At the top of the search box, right click on the cmd.exe and select "Run as adminstrator"
In the black window that opens, type "SFC.EXE /SCANNOW" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
Let the program run and post back what it says when it's done.

If that doesn't fix it, then I'd suggest trying one of these free antimalware scans: Free Online AntiMalware Scanners
If it turns out that you're infected, please follow the steps here: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dependency-or-service-failed-to-start-553913.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Having lots of problems around COM+, but root appears to be that the COM+ Event System does not remain started - (Event ID 7023).

This seems to cause other "Events" involving COM+ and VSS. Event IDs received include:

4455, 4689, 4822, 7001, 7031, 7034, 7036, 8193

This is an XP Home system.

Any ideas that we might try would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Evelyn

A:COM+ Event System service starts then immediately stops

Hello EvelynH, and welcome to TSF:

Com+ could be a form of malware.

Please read this thread

Please download HijackThis . This program will help us
determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Double-click on the file you just downloaded. Click
on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\
Run a scan and save the log file. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.
Make sure to include the System information at the top of the log as well.

Post your HJT log in HJT Log Help Forum
and an analyst will help you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/com-event-system-service-starts-then-immediately-stops-138255.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi guys everytime i turn on my pc and look at my Event Viewer log i see Service Control Manager Error does anyone know how to fix this problem Here are the details System - Provider Name Service Control Manager Guid d -a d - - e e- d f EventSourceName Service Control Manager - EventID Qualifiers Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer Amir-PC Security - EventData System Viewer Service Control Event Manager param Diagnostic Service Host param im using OS Windows Home Premium x SP CPU Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Z -V GEN Memory G SKILL Sniper Series GB DDR PC Graphics Card ASUS GTX TI-DC O- GD Sound Card HT OMEGA Claro Halo Monitor s Displays ASUS VE H Black quot ms Screen Resolution x its just every time i open my event viewer log i see this error on it can someone explain to me how Service Control Manager Event Viewer System to fix it thanks

A:Service Control Manager Event Viewer System

Hi can you try the sfc /scannow command and see if it finds anything? SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/286901-service-control-manager-event-viewer-system.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi everybody, let me see if anyone can help me.
I have a Windows 2000 Server with SP4.
Every time that it is restarted, on the event viewer logs the following event:

Source: Service Control Manager
Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Description: The task scheduler service failed to start due the following error: The executable program that this service is configured to run does not implement the service.

After the Windows is up, you can click on start this service that it start with no error.

Please, anyone can help me ?

Thank you so much.

A:The task scheduler service failed to start

Go to the Services page in Computer management
When you bring up the services list ,right click the task scheduler and on it's property page make sure it is set to start automatically.
You should check that if it is dependant on any other service ,that it also starts auto...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-task-scheduler-service-failed-to-start.16953/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a Toshiba satellite and have been unable to access the internet and have Dependency service or group failed to start . Having read some earlier post i went through the process of running the scan on SFC/scannow it has come up with no errors E.g No integrity violations.
Any other ideas

Thanks
LR

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/211717-help-dependency-service-group-failed-start.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I have a HP Pavilion g laptop and last night after restarting it when the screen froze it claimed that quot no connections are available quot when it was connected only minutes ago I opened the Network and Sharing Center and where the Network Map should be it says 'unknown' with the words quot the dependency service or group failed to start quot underneath I've resulted to using my IPhone to find solutions and I followed a thread on this website Dependency or failed start??HELP group service to that spoke of my same problem but midway through I got stuck once again I've done the sfc scannow on the Dependency service or group failed to start??HELP command prompt and it found no problems or violations I've noticed that a number of the services listed in that thread have stopped and it won't allow me to start them Since that thread is pretty old I'm creating my own I'm freaking out so please can someone help ASAP Here's a link to the thread for reference the dependency service or group Dependency service or group failed to start??HELP failed to start

A:Dependency service or group failed to start??HELP

Welcome to Seven Forums,

I have posted in that Thread. I'd try a System Restore and choose a restore point when your computer was able to connect to the internet. This is easier task to start with and see if it helps, if not please follow all the suggestions in that Thread that I have posted.

An update will be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/293369-dependency-service-group-failed-start-help.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,
Please help me with my issue.
Below error has been keep popping in Windows 7 Event Viewer whenever I bootup my system.
The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.
Thank you in advance and your helps are appreciated.
Regards,

Ian Hourston

A:he WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the following error:

Try going into Services, find that service, and disable it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558093/he-winring0-1-2-0-service-failed-to-start-due-to-the-following-error/
Relevancy 64.07%

Ok first off sorry if this is in the wrong thread, i have been reading the threads related to this problem and can't figure out a solution. Last night I could not get on to the internet, it said the Dependency service or group failed to start I ran sfc /scannow as an administrator and it came back with nothing wrong. I have Kaspersky 7.0 and it has a yellow yield sign on it. The network icon has a n x through it, I do always update the system when the icon appears. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Dependency service or group failed to start

1.Try update driver for network card
2.If point 1 no help check in eventvwr.msc in Application and System section all error messages which concern these services->Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Services Information - Wired AutoConfig

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/196315-dependency-service-group-failed-start.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I am having this problem and it started one day when I booted up my PC. I tried resetting the router, modem, a new cable, using netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries), netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack)
and none of it has helped. I have updated all the drivers for my motherboard, which is a gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P. On the lan connections I am getting a solid orange light,1000ms connection, and a flashing yellow light which means data is being received and sending (This is in the manual). I have used the program, Realtek-Ethernet Diagnostic Utility which gives me some information that I put as attachments, I'm not sure how to post SS's when the insert picture button ask for a URL. I also posted the Ipconfig which brought back some weird results. I am not sure where to go from here and any help would be great.

A:The Dependency service or group failed to start.

Have you tried restoring to a previous point before you started having these problems?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/245255-dependency-service-group-failed-start.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

I have been keep receiving the below error in my Windows 7 Event Viewer and I have observed that now my PC took a little while more to load. This also happened after I did a format to my system drive.

Attached is the screenshot of the error.

Regards,
Wayn Ong

A:The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the following error:

This also happened after I did a format to my system drive.Click to expand...

hmm; looks like that was a poor choice.
After the reformatting, ALL the OEM drivers were lost. You need to visit the barnd name website and download all the drivers.
I also see you posted to bleepingcomputer.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-winring0_1_2_0-service-failed-to-start-due-to-the-following-error.187484/
Relevancy 64.07%

Sony Windows Vista SP1
Network icon in toolbar at the right bottom gone, can see in safe mode with red X.
Network and sharing center- The dependency service or group failed to start.
Network discovery- off
Network Location Awareness- Automatic, status- blank, giving me error to start- Error 1079 The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process.
Event Viewer
System-- Error 7000, 7001
Application-- Error CAP12 11,  SideBySide 33, Warning WMI 63, System Restore 8210 8193, VSS 34

Before I had number of errors, firewall was corrupted, in manage connections there was no icons for LAN and Wireless, already performed Windows repair from tweaking.com and firewall repair, SFC scannow and many more. antivirus scan done.

Appreciate any help to resolve this issue.
Thanks.

A:The dependency service or group failed to start

Network Discovery is "ON" now in Network and Sharing Center, after I  checked on network discovery box in firewall exceptions.

Rest of issues still exist, 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601641/the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start/
Relevancy 64.07%

I found these error on the Advance System Error Log

The WINBOND W55U01 USB service failed to start due to the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

The mrtRate service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

Right now my USB ports are not working. Any ideas?

A:Winbond W5501 Usb Service Failed To Start

Have you gone into the Device Manager to see if the USB controllers have any problems?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/118355/winbond-w5501-usb-service-failed-to-start/
Relevancy 64.07%

I know that threads exist in relation to this but I've followed them through to no avail. The whole scannow option is currently unavailable to me as I'm unable to run command prompt as an administrator. I right click etc. and nothing happens. System restore is not working properly either. My machine is a Packard Bell Q8200. I know I have connection available as I'm wirelessly connected via my phone right now. The computer is hard wired via Ethernet. Please help!

A:Dependancy service or group failed to start

I am also getting the "Diagnostic Policy Service wont start" message.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/282717-dependancy-service-group-failed-start.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Well I'm currently on another computer trying to fix my laptop I can't use system restore to solve the problem because it won't complete I've run system scans and there's no corrupt system files as far as windows can tell So the network and sharing center basic network and set up connections shows up as unknown the dependency service or group failed to start That and my wired and wireless service start! failed or Dependency The group to internet doesn't work SSID of different networks will show up but connecting to any one I own or can access will show limited connectivity But connecting it directly to my Western The Dependency service or group failed to start! myBook which uses gigabit connection works so it doesn't seem to be any hardware problems The Dependency service or group failed to start! This all happened The Dependency service or group failed to start! after I went far away to visit family and friends in a different country and plugged in a really sketchy looking network wire That and ISATAP adapter popped up ever since I had this problem never saw it in device manager before this happened Any help would be appreciated thanks

A:The Dependency service or group failed to start!

Hey,
I was going to make a new thread for this, but I might as well post it here. I recently serviced a computer with the Interpol/Moneygram virus on it (some new version which packs a bit of a bite, let me tell you). Anyways, After scanning, removing, repairing, updating, etc, I still could not get the WiFi to work. The problem was that dozens and dozens of Windows services had been disabled. I eventually just broke down and did a system restore, which fixed everything, but I still have this one question: Since I was able to get Ethernet LAN working, but no Internet access on the WLAN, what Windows service does WLAN depend on that Ethernet LAN does not?

Anyways, enough thread hijacking.

Here is a good start Kurohyou: Go to Start, then in the search box, type services. You should see it pop up. Once its open, find the services at the bottom called Wired Autoconfig and WLAN Autoconfig. Set them to Automatic startup, and start them each. In my case, this failed, and I received the same message as you, that "The dependency service or group failed to start" with error number 1058 or 1065 (I should know, ive been looking at it all day lol).

Anyways, when that happens, go to the tab of the service in question that says Dependencies. Expand the trees to view every service that this service depends upon. you will need to enable those services as well in order for that service to start. This will be a tedious process and by the end of it you will be a master of Windows services lol except for me, I'm only a journeyman, as I gave up in the end lol.

I'll check back to check on you and to see if any of the gurus have an answer to my question. Let me know how it works out for u.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/289868-dependency-service-group-failed-start.html
Relevancy 64.07%

If you are receiving the notification: Connection status: Unknown Dependency service or group failed to start; and you are running Vista and using Trend Micro for virus protection, then a fix is available for your problem. The problem is that Trend Micro mistakenly identified a Windows service, Network Location Awareness service, as a virus and altered the service to protect the system. I have written up the fix on my blog. I wrote after I found the same problem on 2 PCs in one week and spent hours looking for a fix. Consider It Fixed: The Dependency Service or Group Failed to Start Best, nrwater Consider It Fixed

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/210991-dependency-service-group-failed-start.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi guys Hopefully one of you can or to service dependency start group failed help me Was playing a game yesterday and it froze on me and I had to do a hard reboot Afterwards I noticed a big red X through my network icon Hovering over it it tells me dependency service or group failed to start and when I try to diagnose it it tells me there is no network adapter installed or configured It basically acts like no network is there at all dependency service or group failed to start Now it seems after hours of googling and reading a ton of forums that this is a pretty common issue with a bunch of suggested fixes I ve tried all I can find and none seem to work I m running Vista Home Premium and so far I ve tried Running virus scans Using system restore to return to an earlier point Installing SP Going into command and doing netsh winsock reset and netsh int ip reset The first seems to work but the nd tells me There s no user specified settings to be reset Going into command and doing sfc scannow Which finds errors but doesn t fix them Replacing nlasvc dll in system Doing some registry edit involving Spooler Reinstalling network card Buying entirely new network card And a bunch of other small things I can t remember I m entirely at a loss and don t own a Vista disc to try and reinstall PC shipped with Vista and can t repair using the Recovery CD as I somehow have no backups either So maybe there s someone out there who can suggest a fix I haven t tried yet Thank you -Viktor nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi

Like many I'm trying to upgrade Vista to Windows 7. I ran the Win 7 system readiness tool and the only thing outstanding was SP1. In common with many I could not instal SP1. I tried all the fixes including Chkdsk and SFC Scanow etc and the result is that I have no internet access with the above message next to the network icon.

I've tried restting the TCP/IP stack in a command window (restore .net...winsock..) but still the same message. I understand it could be due to a corrupt file in the sytem 32 folder and there is a fix involving taking ownership and deleting that. Has anyone tried that?

Is there anything else I can try to get internet back short of a clean instal?

Many thanks

Relevancy 64.07%

Originally Posted by Latii

Hello everyone,
I'm new here and I really need help with this, I did check around for help but nothing seems like it fits with what I'm going through
I have a HP laptop with Windows vista home edition, and this has never happened to me. It started today, in which I thought it was nothing. I'm a little worried to be honest and I don't know what's wrong with my connection. I can access the internet on my mother computer which is a desktop, yet I can't on my HP laptop. it says "The Dependency Service or Group Failed to Start" ??
help!

p.s. I don't know how to move my other thread to this one

A:The Dependency Service or Group Failed to Start

well I tried to sfc /scannow and all that sort but no luck at all
I even looked around and still wont work, I tried to go into the service control manager.. nothing?

edited:
In the Services section I clicked on internet connection sharing (ICS) to start the service because it says "stopped" and it tells me "Error 1068: dependency service or group failed to start." Windows could not start the internet connection sharing (ISC) service on local computer?

Network Location Awareness will not start as well "Service status: stopped"
says:
Windows could not start the Network Location Awareness on local computer. For more information, review the system event log. if this is a non-microsoft service, contact service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code..."

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/225057-dependency-service-group-failed-start.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi, I am having problem with my laptop.... The network center says The dependency service or group failed to start... I use a windows vista Home Premium with service pack 1.... plz help

A:Dependency service group failed to start

There's a couple of things that you can try and both are done as an administrator from the cmd prompt pressing Enter after each.

Go Start - All Programs - Accessories then right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.

First one - type -

netsh winsock reset catalog

exit

Reboot computer.

This is Jenae's workaround which has also proven successful -

net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice

net localgroup Administrators /add localservice

exit

Reboot computer and let us know how you get on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dependency-service-group-failed-to-start-697943.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have this issue where when you open Network and Sharing Center it says the dependency service or group failed to start I tried almost everything and nothing worked.
The internet works with my computer but it has the limited symbol 

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

Please help me with my issue.
Below error has been keep popping in Windows 7 Event Viewer whenever I bootup my system, I had even format my system drive and it still happening.
I also have observed that now my PC took a little while more to load.

Attached is the screenshot of the error.

Thank you in advance and your helps are appreciated.

Regards,
Wayn Ong

A:The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the following error:

Welcome aboard Do you have Open Hardware Monitor installed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/476172/the-winring0-1-2-0-service-failed-to-start-due-to-the-following-error/
Relevancy 64.07%

i m using windows8 on my vaio notebook....i got my lcd screen repaired just 2 days ago...after that i m trying to access internet but m unable to do it....whn i mouseover to LAN icon theres appear exclamation sign and it says internet acess but when i click on it says limited acess......upto now i tried all my effort-restoring laptop,troublesooting ,reinstalling ethernet driver,etc.....when i open network and sharing center there says -unknown and down to that says the dependency service or group failed to start.......then i tried to change adapter settings n unmarked ipv6 protocol but also same problem...... pls pls reply to me n help me ...Thank you in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.1103320/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi All Was going to ask for advice to help me instal SP prior to upgrading to Win but now I have another more pressing problem In attempting the various workarounds for SP I ran SFC scnow and Chkdsk When I ran the dependency The or service group start to failed latter it identified various errors on the disk that it couldn't fix and The dependency service or group failed to start suggested using the f fixit function which I duly did After restarting I found that I had lost internetaccess When you hover over the icon you get the message above I've done some research and tried running the Netsh Winsock Reset line at the command prompt but to no joy I've also tried systemrestore but when I try this I am told that there are no retore points I've checked the newtork drivers in Device Manager but I think they're fine Intel DC- Sorry this is so long but you can probably tell I'm desperate I'm only able to use the net as I dual boot and thankfully good ole XP is working fine as usual I'd really appreciate any advice or fixes for this I wonder if I've trashed my TCP IP settings how do I reset them without reinstalling Vista Many thanks Simon

A:The dependency service or group failed to start

Hi
Update. Tried Netsh malarkey again to reset "stack" but no good.
Also tried repair on Vista CD but no good.

Unable to try repair by pressing F8 as I'm asked for password which I don't know and didn't create.

I just can't conceive how such a catastrophic failure can have occurred when only using Windows tools!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/295505-dependency-service-group-failed-start.html