Windows Support Forum

Toshiba laptop stuck in arabic mode?

Q: Toshiba laptop stuck in arabic mode?

My Toshiba laptop appears to be stuck into some sort of arabic or symbol mode. I have no idea how to get it off of there. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached a picture to better explain my situation. Note: This is NOT a picture of my desktop, but this is exactly how my desktop looks with all of the icons and everything in arabic/symbols.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9...1105095257.png

One thing to note, I've gone into the control panel and then into "Region and Language" and set all of the settings to English and it hasn't changed anything.

Please help. It's impossible to navigate these symbols!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Toshiba laptop stuck in arabic mode?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Toshiba laptop stuck in arabic mode?

Hello cbbi and welcome to TSF,

When you say you've set all languages to English, are you sure you've set the Display Language aswell? If you've done so, most likely your install is corrupted by a malware/virus.

Please try to boot the machine into Safemode (Press F8 during startup) and see if the problem persists in there.

If you can start an administrator Command prompt (Start > Search > type "cmd" > Rightclick "cmd.exe " > Run as administrator) you could try to run a system files check and see if that clears it up, simply type in:
sfc /scannow

Also try restoring the system to a previously known working restore point (Start > Search > type "rstrui" > Hit ENTER).

Let us know if any faults occur and how you get along.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-laptop-stuck-in-arabic-mode-604752.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi, Can anyone PLEASE, help me get my Hotmail E/Mail Account back from whom ever has got into it and changed it to ARABIC??? Need ENGLISH???
Thank you, everyone . . .

A:Hotmail E/Mail Account Stuck in Arabic??

Windows Live Hotmail Toolbar>Options or sign in to your Hotmail Account and select Options>Personal (on left)>Language>Choose and OK.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/hotmail-e-mail-account-stuck-in-arabic-641343.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi to all I have a Toshiba L D Recently i updated vista home and after the update my system would only loop So i decided to do a clean install of vista which worked out pretty well until i updated again It was stuck at framework update for more than two hours so smart me choose shutdown and it still didn't shutdown so i manually did it When i hit stuck Toshiba laptop the on switch Toshiba laptop stuck it stuck at the Toshiba welcome screen even if i hit f or f it still wouldn't budge So i took out the hard drive and booted it and saw something about Ethernet controller media failed I formatted the hard drive using my desktop plugged it in and still the same so i decided to install XP on it using my desktop now it says error loading OS That only happens if i don't hit f or f if i hit f or f it sticks at Toshiba screen any advice

A:Toshiba laptop stuck

Hi -

Wipe the HDD with KillDisk --> http://jcgriff2.com/0x1/killdisk_imgburn.html

Use your Toshiba OEM Vista recovery DVDs to reinstall Vista.

If problems still occur, test HDD --> http://www.techsupportforum.com/2828431-post7.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-laptop-stuck-511814.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 6000, it was working fine a week ago before going on holiday, but now I can't get it to do anything. (it has not been touched during this time). When the power on switch is pressed the lights come on but nothing on the screen, the keyboard light "Fn"etc also light up as expected, It runs win2000 and when there is power to it or the battery has power, the fan or whatever runs for a couple of seconds. I've tried a sepreate monitor but nothing happening there either. The hibernation/powersave settings were altered a few weeks ago to a shorter time. I'm sure its something straightforward does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-stuck-in-hibernation.326352/
Relevancy 64.93%

Have a toshiba satellite l655 laptop. The other day when I went to turn it on it went to a screen that said "windows loading files" and it will not go pass that screen. I have no idea what to do. I've tried pressing f8 to start it in safe mode but nothing happens. I would really appreciate any help or suggestions.

A:Toshiba laptop stuck at startup

If you have a Windows DVD or Restore CD boot off of the disc and choose your language then Restore Your Computer.
If you do not have a CD download the ISO image for Seatools or Drive Fitness in my signature and burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature and run the Quick and the Advanced tests on the HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-laptop-stuck-at-startup-638370.html
Relevancy 64.5%

M35X-S309
The problem is that I start it up and when I get to the screen that ask how many users, I enter 1. my name 2. friend and it gets stuck there. It will go back to previous page but won't go to next. Both & Next are lit up in green. (tech asked if Next was grayed out).

Called tech support but no help; suggestion was to return it to store and have salesperson look at it.

A:Toshiba laptop stuck on New Users screen

Try booting up in Safe Mode - probably using the function 8 key - and log in as Administrator, then create new user acounts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-stuck-on-new-users-screen.311486/
Relevancy 64.5%

So my problem is basically as the title suggests this morning I decided to use the laptop to find that theres a windows error recovery thing which gives me the options to start up normaly or use startup repair if I start normaly it just loads then seems to restart and end up back at the windows error recovery screen if I use startup repair I belive it asks me for the disc of which I do not have So I remembered I had the vista installation files but only the ones boot laptop Toshiba stuck sequence? a in that enable you to repair So now I changed the boot sequence to launch cd's first which again didnt out it just came up with quot for realtek a bunch of numbers PXE-E media test failed PXE-M F Exiting PXE ROM quot it just Toshiba laptop stuck in a boot sequence? continiously pastes this message over and over I know that this happens because of an incorrect boot sequence but iv restored all bios to factory settings Toshiba laptop stuck in a boot sequence? iv also tried taking out the hard drive and putting it back in non of there have worked and now im starting to get annoyed

A:Toshiba laptop stuck in a boot sequence?

Hi go back into the bios and change the boot order back to the cd\dvd drive or hdd and save and exit using F10 then type Y to confirm if it then defaults to PXE your hdd would be suspect and could well have failed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-laptop-stuck-in-a-boot-sequence-678142.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Good afternoon,

I have a Toshiba laptop, the other day we lost power and when I powered up my computer it went straight to "automatic repair". I have tried everything on the troubleshooting list and nothing works. This is very frustrating ...... Please someone
help

When I go to the command prompt it shows the X: drive Also I upgraded to Windows 10 in July. 

Thanks in advance

Rebecca

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/11a39bac-8225-4204-9a74-f261ef265084/toshiba-laptop-currently-stuck-in-the-repair-loop?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi my boyfriend s laptop is a Toshiba Satellite About weeks ago he spilled coffee in it I got it cleaned up and working perfectly Then about week and half ago he spilled a BIG glass of milk in it The whole screen went nuts There were colored bands dots stuttering etc I had him shut it down unplug it etc I tried to open it managed to get the HD out of it and battery There were screws stuck in it that I could not get out although they did not appear to be stripped His dad took it to the shop he got it from the woman had it for a day and said it was fixed He picked it up yesterday We just opened it a little bit ago and Toshiba screen stuck Laptop on splash the desktop was ok some of the keys were not working though The A key if you press it it makes continuous letter AAAAAAAAAA I had him plug in my extra keyboard and that fixed that issue The mouse pad on it is also not working so I had him plug in my extra mouse All went well there too The woman at the computer shop put AVG Antivirus on it which always seemed to give it issues the last time it was on there when he first got the laptop so we had again uninstalled it this morning It said it had to restart so he restarted it Now it is stuck on the screen TOSHIBA Leading Innovation gt gt gt AMD Turion X and on the bar at the bottom it says Press lt F gt To enter setup lt F to enter MultiBoot selection menu I can t get it out of that screen now I have tried all function keys and rebooted it Laptop stuck on Toshiba splash screen several times and still it Laptop stuck on Toshiba splash screen is stuck on that screen This is very frustrating Any suggestions Thank you in advance Also I have no idea what all she did to it when she fixed it I have no idea what operating system is on it now or anything It did have Windows Home Premium before he took it back in to her nbsp

A:Laptop stuck on Toshiba splash screen

I finally got the desktop up. After restarting it 3 more times and trying to get safe mode up, but it didn't go to safe mode screen, it automatically went to the desktop. I'm running a defrag on it. It was really fragmented. But so far so good, I haven't tried to run any other applications on it yet. Wish me luck.

Any ideas why it wouldn't go to the safe mode screen and automatically went to desktop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-stuck-on-toshiba-splash-screen.1106044/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi Guys,

just wondering if anyone could help me, my Toshiba laptop is stuck on Configuring 3 of 3 - 0% complete it just keeps restarting itself back to that screen, i have tried safe mood it wont start up in safe mood i have tried pretty much everything that i know, please help ???

i also have tried a system restore it comes up with the administrator box but i have forgotten the password grrrr does anyone also know how i can gain access with forgetting the password?

any help would be great
thanks

sarah

A:Toshiba laptop stuck on configuring stage 3 of 3 -0% complete?

Sorry about your plight but we can't really help you bypass a password here.
I know there is a way around and I am sure your next step must be Googling it cos I have herad the answer is there

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-stuck-on-configuring-stage-3-of-3-0-complete.974360/
Relevancy 63.64%

My laptop started having trouble with the letter h, it does not work.
Is this easy to fix or do I have to take it in somewhere to be repaired.

I have tried dusting it out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-satellite-1415-series-key-stuck.486657/
Relevancy 63.21%

Please I can,t read my email in Arabic , I have message im my email from 2004 in arabic and it,s shown to me as langue I don't understand ????? please help me ?

it show like this " انية "

A:I cannot read my mail in arabic although my PC support all arabic languages 2014

For starters, what operating system are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-read-my-mail-in-arabic-although-my-pc-support-all-arabic-languages-2014.200403/
Relevancy 63.21%

I think I hit "Function and F1" causing the mouse to stop dead in its track. WHen I plug in my cordless mouse to the laptop I am able to move the mouse but not using the mousepad on the laptop. I messed around with the FUnction and F1 again and can't get it to release. ANy ideas?

A:Solved: My Mouse is stuck :( Toshiba laptop -somehow I locked the keyboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-mouse-is-stuck-toshiba-laptop-somehow-i-locked-the-keyboard.917985/
Relevancy 62.35%

hi all, a nice gentlemen was helping me attempt to get the bugs out of my system from here but i think i think i made a mistake.    pc was becoming only usable in safe mode and i changed my start up settings to enable all programs..  which in effect i think i took away my only ability to start windows.   it just hangs at loading drivers.      i can not remb if any disks came with my laptop, torn the house apart looking.      wondering if there is way on these toshibas to get past that or at very least a reload by pressing a key at start up?      or maybe if anybody has any good experience with aftermarket boot disks that may help?   appreciate any advice.   

A:Toshiba satellite laptop, win 7 stuck loading drivers. any secret tricks?

You do have the ability to do a factory reset, but all your data will be lost but it shroud run like new when you bought it.  Before doing so wait to see if one of the finer minds can bail you out. 

If you do have to do a reset here is the factory link, remember you will lose all your stuff but you will be running good!

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/System-Recovery-and-Recovery/How-To-Perform-system-recovery-Windows-7/ta-p/279643

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570863/toshiba-satellite-laptop-win-7-stuck-loading-drivers-any-secret-tricks/
Relevancy 61.92%

this is a many faceted and increasing in facets issue ill try to make it as short as possible doesnt booting work; mode? external which monitor stuck safe stuck mode, in backstory the male side of my video cable connection stuck booting safe mode, which doesnt work; stuck in external monitor mode? the part on the motherboard had bent pins the pins were unbent and the cable was able to fit back in BUT problems the picture was garbled--wrong colors moving lines etc the people at a tech store told me the video cable was pinched and knowing that it had been jammed in the hinge for a while i believed it extremely feasible I finally ordered a new video cable but replaced it and to no avail the picture may have been slightly better--but not significantly if so additionally and im not sure if it was this way the first time as well the computer was displaying at the size of the external i restarted and reazlied that the laptop screen displayed nothing at startup until logged in--exactly like the external i figured that at least a portion of what was going on was the computer was sending the external screen signal to the laptop things i've tried -reseating both ends of the new video cable MANY times -turning the computer off taking out battery holding start button putitng battery back in restarting -every variation of screen resolution external monitor setting -pluggin in the external putting laptop to sleep unpluggnig external -reinstalling video image drivers function key combinations when i tried to put in safe mode via F the screen went blue or light gray and stayed that way without booting so in my infinte wisdom i changed the settings to always restart in safe mode as a last resort before backing up and wiping aaaaand - the same thing happens it doesnt boot and now im unable to select normal mode and boot at all i am on another laptop right now ANY suggestions to help boot and as to why the screen is malfunction would be GREATLY appreciated if it helps it is a Samsung r laptop and emachines external monitor

A:stuck booting safe mode, which doesnt work; stuck in external monitor mode?

i managed to change the safe mode option, unfortunately the laptop screen still isnt working correctly (the external is)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/stuck-booting-safe-mode-which-doesnt-work-stuck-in-external-monitor-mode-598578.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a Toshiba L - given to me new in It is running Windows Vista Home Basic SP I have used Norton Antivirus on it since I got it for Xmas It has just started this problem where it quot hangs up quot when shutting down The only way I can shut my laptop down is to pull the battery It has a G HD which has only about G of space left I am slowly removing pictures videos etc and transferring them to a Toshiba or Passport portable HD I have already done disk defrag thinking I have left gaps when moving stuff and disk cleanup which freed up G of space Norton had not shown any viruses down" Toshiba "shutting in stuck L305-S5955 mode I don t want Toshiba L305-S5955 stuck in "shutting down" mode to pull the battery to shut it down to put my laptop away My home desktop system is back with with new HD now and I really don t need my laptop What should be the next step if I do pull the battery and restart my laptop When I have done that I get the typical Windows black screen stating that quot Windows did not shut down properly quot I select the option to restart Windows normally and the laptop runs just fine Thanks Lori nbsp

A:Toshiba L305-S5955 stuck in "shutting down" mode

the reason for using the shutdown button or command is to allow the processes to end gracefully, in other words, to write all the save data to disk and stop services, rather than just kill the power. when you lose power suddenly, all sorts of bad things can happen. some background: every time a computer powers up and down, it reads and writes data from the hard drive. sometimes, the data (nothing more than ones and zeroes) can get switched, a one turns into a zero or vice versa. this happens all the time, but mostly it corrects itself with things like check bits and error correction algorithms. when enough of them in the right place get switched, you can have corruption of the data. sometimes, the user profile gets corrupted and things start acting funny.

this is where i am going with this, it's always better to have a good understanding of the mechanics behind the operation. the first thing i would try is to add another user account. more background: you should have two user accounts on a computer, an admin account and a standard user account. you should always log into the standard account and turn your uac all the way up. this prevents 90% of the malware and viruses if you pay attention to what you are doing. malware ony runs with the permission of the logged in user, if you have to have a password for installing something, so does the malware. it's not perfect, but it goes a long way.

so, create a standard user account, then work in that and see if it helps. if so, then create another admin account, and delete the old admin account. if you have been using this setup with two accounts, skip creating the other admin account. before doing this, unload as much data as possible from the hard drive. you want to try to keep it under 80% full. you can also empty the temp folder, clean the internet cache and cookies, and delete all the old restore points (keep one or two). if this does nothing noticeable, you need to reinstall the os. i try to do mine at least once a year, sometimes twice. but then, i don't run antivirus and do manual backups also. there are other tricks you can use, like running a sandbox evertyime you open the internet, and using a vpn.

and also, try running windows in safe mode and see if it helps. you have to hit the f8 key when you see the bios screen appear, if you see the windows logo, it's too late. if you are in windows, hit the windows key and letter r, then type msconfig in the box. on the first tab, put a check in the box that says safe boot. then restart. when you are through, you have to take the check out of the box. safe mode doesn't load all the drivers and allows you to select them individually to find what the problem is. it can take a while, with a lot of rebooting, but is pretty effective most of the time.

also, open a command prompt as admin, and type: chkdsk c: /f /r then hit enter. it will tell you that you have to schedule it when you reboot. then restart. this will allow windows to map the hard drive and check for bad sectors and map them. try that before reloading the os. that would be last resort.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-l305-s5955-stuck-in-shutting-down-mode.1139158/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey everybody I m a Bar OS Loading Toshiba Screen L305-S5955 Vista Laptop's Green on Stuck new user L305-S5955 Toshiba Laptop's Vista OS Stuck on Green Loading Bar Screen here I hope you can help me out with this problem Here s a quick breakdown of my problem Laptop Model is Toshiba L -S Problem occured about yesterday No new software drivers installed Turned off computer properly before I went to sleep The following morning it loaded to the desktop but at after a few seconds everything hanged only mouse works quot busy quot indicator of laptop does not light up Restarted again last known good configuration same thing Restarted to Safe mode it works fine Attempted to reduce msconfig startup options Vista boots into desktop and hang seems to have disappeared Successfully surfed the internet Unfortunately when a memory intensive program like Adobe Audition was loaded it would hang again Restarted was able to successfully boot to desktop and surf net again but after loading Windows Media Player it hanged again Restarted and used Smart Defrag to Defragment files Error occurs in Normal Mode so restarted to Safe mode to defragment files Vista boots with a few errors and says Configfree Toshiba this Toshiba that has stopped working Restarted due to these errors After restart desktop no longer just hangs ends with a blue screen instead Same with safe mode Either of two things happen in either mode - desktop hangs and leads to blue screen or desktop icons disappear as well as taskbar leaving only mouse Restarted Now normal mode last known good config gets stuck in Vista green loading bar Used Memory Diagnostic Startup Repair no use No available System Restore points Used Command Prompt in Startup repair with fixboot and fixmbr No use Restarted in safe mode and used alternate admin account Somehow it did not hang and I disabled all Startup and Services in msconfig Restarted and now I can also login to main account in safe mode successfully However normal mode Last known good config still stuck in green loading bar Any recommendations I believe everything you ll need to know is here Hope you can help I am unwilling to reformat the laptop because there are significant data there and I have yet to borrow and external hard drive In the meantime I d like a lossless solution if it s possible Current Status Normal Mode Last Known Good Config - Stuck in Windows Vista loading bar Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking - Works Laptop model is once more L -S with Windows Vista Home Basic nbsp

A:L305-S5955 Toshiba Laptop's Vista OS Stuck on Green Loading Bar Screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/l305-s5955-toshiba-laptops-vista-os-stuck-on-green-loading-bar-screen.980893/
Relevancy 61.49%

The Arabic text works fine but numbers do not in any program or browser. I have Windows 10 and its a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop 5000 series.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445644-how-can-you-get-arabic-keyboard-type-arabic-numerals.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have Adobe Reader 9.3. I open some document and the program says that Arabic Transparent Bold is missing.
I tried to install Arabic Transparent Bold that I found from Google search but the problem remains

A:Arabic Arabic Transparent-Bold missing

namo said:

I have Adobe Reader 9.3. I open some document and the program says that Arabic Transparent Bold is missing.
I tried to install Arabic Transparent Bold that I found from Google search but the problem remainsClick to expand...

Hi,
Here is a solution that I spotted on another forum and hopefully it will help you: Scroll down to Post #7

http://www.emiratesmac.com/forums/arabic/5906-arabic-pdf-not-displaying.html

Ray

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/arabic-arabic-transparent-bold-missing.950020/
Relevancy 61.49%

So my laptop screen is broken and I haven't fixed it yet. I connect it to my computer moniter and i use it like that. It works all and fine. I go on holiday and my little sis tries using my laptop but she couldn't make it work. I come back from holiday and try go onto my laptop. My laptop doesn't connect to my moniter and whenever a press more than a few keys it starts beebing. Also when I press alt ctrl delete it refreshes and the beebing is gone. However after pressing a few keys again the beebing starts. I think it's in some mode but I can't see anything to get out of it.

A:My laptop is stuck on some mode

I meant beeping😂 And I have a hp laptop which I updated to Windows 10

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437999-my-laptop-stuck-some-mode.html
Relevancy 61.49%

hover mode in Windows 10 is frustrating every suggestion we see we try but it won't turn off and it is infuriating if it opens everything all the time please help us we looked at all forums can't seem to get it solved any suggestions would be helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hover-mode-on-toshiba-laptop-how-to-turn-it-off.1164774/
Relevancy 61.49%

I am working on a Toshiba L750 laptop with Windows 7, it was booting to the desktop for a few seconds and then turning off, if I boot into safe mode it works fine. Thinking it was software related I am in the process of reloading the software using the recovery partition software but it seems to be now doing the same now it loading the various programs on top of windows.
Any suggestions gladly received.

A:Toshiba laptop turning off but OK when in safe mode.

I would suspect the graphic card driver, or that the screen resolution is set too high.
Safe mode boots the pc with the minimum, but working MS drivers.
You could try safe mode, then device manager, and uninstall the graphic card driver. Then do a normal boot .
Windows should fall back to a reliable MS driver running in SVGA mode, or just above that. It should be stable.
I would also run 'sfc /scannow', to try to correct any simple Windows O/S problems.
Best source for the drivers would be Toshiba's site.
( Of course it could also be overheating but not if it's fine in safe mode.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-turning-off-but-ok-when-in-safe-mode.206427/
Relevancy 61.49%

I spent all day on Saturday using my laptop with no issues and shut it down as normal On Sunday morning it would not startup in normal mode and I can only get into it using safe mode It s mode laptop Toshiba safe only starting in been suggested it might be to do with the graphics card Any tips welcome Thanks Problem - Laptop will only boot in safe mode and safe mode with networking haven t tried the other safe mode option - Reaches the quot please wait quot screen then hangs Things I ve tried so far not necessarily in this order - when on hung screen - ctrl alt del does nothing - system restore x going back up to a week - removed battery for approx hr - tried to Toshiba laptop only starting in safe mode open Windows Update but will not open in safe mode seemingly so can t check for recent updates - had not added amended any progs that I know of the day before when everything was fine - virus check Avast finds nothing - in msconfig - quot normal mode quot is checked for startup tried disabling all startup progs which made no difference at one point it was checked as selective startup but changing to normal and rebooting didn t help - also tried msconfig gt services gt uncheck network location awareness gt reboot this seems to make it worse - instead of the please wait screen I get the same blue green Vista screen but without the please wait loading thing nbsp

A:Toshiba laptop only starting in safe mode

some computer specs would be good

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-only-starting-in-safe-mode.935074/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all I have a toshiba m -s laptop with a freezing problem It has ghz pentium celeron m processor gb ram usb ports two of which do not function for some reason i think they could be part of the problem had been running win xp corporate edition sp I suppose that is enough description anyways I have never changed any internal hardware only semi-dissasembled the thing to clean in Mode Laptop unless Safe Freezes - Toshiba the dust out I may or may not have messed something up while doing that a few weeks ago though today I read a how-to on dissasembling it and did it the right way and I feel like everything went back together fine For a long time the thing would sometimes boot up with the screen not at full resolution and just sit at the first screen that shows when its turned on Toshiba Laptop - Freezes unless in Safe Mode until I restarted it Also for a while if I closed the lid the screen would shut off when I opened it the screen wouldn t come back on had to restart As if that wasn t enough to go wrong weeks ago I came home to the computer sitting there frozen so I reach to hold down the power button for the seconds necessary to do the restart and it immediately shuts off I format try and reinstall different versions of windows it keeps freezing during installation etc So I do some reading online think its a bad hard drive so I bought a new one that wasn t the problem I then ran memtest on it and got no errors Today I tried it with and without the battery connected no difference it freezes either way Curiously it worked for like minutes earlier it usually freezes within a minute or two and then I pick it up to sit it in my lap and it instantly freezes But it never freezes in safe mode I know that was an essay anyone have some ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Toshiba Laptop - Freezes unless in Safe Mode

USB port and freezing problem could be caused by corrupt XP software. Try repairing the XP installation

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-freezes-unless-in-safe-mode.72718/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I've got an advent Roma 1001 and when I switch it on it takes me to recovery mode, where I press reinstall windows and it gets stuck. Please help many thanks

A:Laptop stuck in recovery mode

This looks like you have Windows 7, but you posted in the Windows 2000 forum.
Moving your thread to Windows 7 forum for better results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-stuck-in-recovery-mode-648477.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I've got an advent Roma 1001 and when I switch it on it takes me to recovery mode, where I press reinstall windows and it gets stuck. Please help many thanks

A:Laptop stuck in recovery mode

Hi, it sounds as if it's booting into a recovery partition? and that during recovery the windows partition is being damaged? Possibly because the recovery partition itself is damaged.

Do you have any external recovery media? i.e. a recovery CD? Or any installation media (i.e. a windows installation CD).

The easiest fix will be to use the external media (because it wont be damaged) to recover the computer.

If you don't have either of these things please contact the manufacturer to ask for one, they'll usually send them out to you asap or give you a link to a download for one.

Can I also ask what stage the recovery gets to? and what exactly the error or freeze looks like when it gets stuck?

Many thanks,
Jamey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-stuck-in-recovery-mode-648722.html
Relevancy 60.63%

My other laptop is stuck in flight mode which means I cannot get on the Internet. Would be grateful for any advice. I press FN key and the F8 key but nothing happens. Forgot to say I have Windows XP

A:My other Laptop Stuck in flight mode

What laptop make and model ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-other-laptop-stuck-in-flight-mode.1114309/
Relevancy 60.63%

My windows 7 toshiba laptop wont get past a screen that says

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 082)
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Realtek RTL8101E/8102E PCI-E Ethernet Controller v1.07 (080320)
PXE-E61:Media test failure,check cable
PXE-M0F:Exiting PXE ROM.
No bootable device--insert boot disk and press any key"

The problem is I dont have a boot disk and i cant get past this screen.
P.S. it happens when i turn it on, it goes to a black screen saying that.
Can anyone please help me

A:Laptop stuck in boot mode?

It looks like it's trying to boot from a LAN connection -- and failing when it can't find one.

Have you tried going into the BIOS setup and confirm that it has the local hard drive as the first boot option?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/167642-laptop-stuck-boot-mode.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a dell latitude e5530 and have had windows 10 for several months now, no issues (other than no access to app store).  Then I was working online today, went to make a post, and I could not. I looked at my internet connection and it was in airplane mode.  I went to network connections, and I cannot turn it off.  

A:help! my laptop with win 10 is stuck in airplane mode

See if this helps
Windows 10 – How to Turn On or Off Airplane Mode
http://www.howto-connect.com/windows-10-turn-on-or-off-airplane-mode/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597505/help-my-laptop-with-win-10-is-stuck-in-airplane-mode/
Relevancy 60.63%

Using msconfig, I set the boot mode to be safe mode. Now, when it boots up it doesn't accept my password. I think it might be looking for the administrator password. Is there any way to get it to stop booting in safe mode? It boots up in safe mode everytime because I set it to do that in msconfig but now I can't get back into msconfig. Thanks, Kevin

A:stuck in safe mode, xp laptop

Where does it not accept your password, safe mode or normal mode? Can you get into an admin profile in safe mode?

You may want to have a look at this article.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-in-safe-mode-xp-laptop-196151.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a new Dell Studio 1737 with vista + SP1.

This evening I downloaded Ad-Aware- Aniversary Edition.

After succesful installation it did an automatic restart.

There were a couple of other files running at the same time.

It has gone into the logging off mode and is now stuck there with the disc lamp flashing from time to time.

After some 20 min I switched off the power and restatred it again.

Went throught the initial start up but then srtaight to the Logging Off mode again.

It has now been like this for an hour.

What the hell has happened and what can I do.

I am not an IT/computer expert

A:laptop stuck in Logging Off mode

hi i suggest you read this and follow the instructions http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...904a11033.mspx once in safe mode go to start control panel it should be either programs and features or programs uninstall a program and remove ad-aware then restart your comp and see if that sorts it it may have been a conflict with this program and something else but if you reinstall do not have anything else running just to be safe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-stuck-in-logging-off-mode-339879.html
Relevancy 60.2%

OK so the display on the HP laptop had been broken and the user my girlfriend has been using a monitor attached via HDMI Tonight the laptop was running really slow would not respond at all or until you moved the mouse and clicked on something then it would open the last thing you clicked on So I decided to restart in safe mode minimal not thinking that the HDMI may not be enabled upon restart Since the monitor does not work now I am assuming that is what happened Is there 8.1-stuck Hp safe laptop-Win in mode-no display a way to use my pc to give the laptop commands and access its anything doubtful Is there a download for a win startup or recovery disc Even though highly recommendedmany times in a year and a half she has not ever made a recovery disc Like to say that s her problem not mine but that is not the case There are all sorts of things I could try but that is usually a bad idea in my experience Any suggestions beside the obvious one of fixing the laptop display Thanks Keith nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-win-8-1-stuck-in-safe-mode-no-display.1152732/
Relevancy 60.2%

My friends laptop had a virus and I took the hard drive out and cleaned it up but now the laptop is stuck in recovery mode because he put the recovery disk in but didn;t have the second disk and now when you boot it up it wants to keep going into recovery mode. Any ideas to get it to boot normal? It won't even let me hit F8 and try safe mode???

Thank you and Happy New Year!

A:Laptop stuck, wants to go to recovery mode at startup?

Happy New Year to you!
You may need to perform a clean install of Windows. You can get the drivers for the laptop from the manufacturers support website

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-stuck-wants-to-go-to-recovery-mode-at-startup.140577/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all pleaae help my laptop trying to boot up but it fails and restarts and this happens over and over while computer is on. I searched how to fix problem but nothing helped. I tried to insert win cd and do startup recovery but laptop doesnt read cd ( i set te boot priority 1 to cd rom), tried to enter safe mode nothin happens, finaly i removed ram's, tried to turn on withoit battery. I thought maybe there is no windows installed on hdd ( they could be deleted ). Please help me.

Here i filmed what happens to pc:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=HXW3M8d0Vjo

A:Laptop stuck in bootloop cant so anything even safe mode

Try removing power and battery, hold power button to release residual power, then plug back in and try again.

Try resetting BIOS to defaults, then using key given on first screen to try to boot WIn7 disk, run Startup Repair. Disable Quick Boot to allow all Self-Tests and screen messages during power on.

Set hard drive first to boot in BIOS in case DVD drive is faulty and blocking HD boot.

Try running WD Diagnostics for Flash Stick by booting flash stick to diagnose hard drive.

If flash stick will boot, then try writing WIn7 ISO to flash stick to boot Win7 disk for repairs. Obtaining this media and writing to stick is discussed in Step 1 of Clean Reinstall Windows 7

Sometimes the only way to overcome such a boot loop is to remove the hard drive. If that frees up the DVD to boot then you can try another hard drive, or slave the hard drive to another PC to rescue your data and then wipe with Diskpart Clean Command to clear interfering code so that you can Clean Reinstall Windows 7 in the MSI.

All other steps possible are here for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/364336-laptop-stuck-bootloop-cant-so-anything-even-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 60.2%

There was Safe Laptop Freezes, Toshiba Vista Fine in Mode a Windows Update a few days ago and ever since the update my computer has been freezing shortly after the desktop menu appears In the few moments after the Vista Toshiba Laptop Freezes, Fine in Safe Mode desktop appears I can still click on items and even launch programs but after all the start up items have been loaded the mouse pointer still works but the mouse buttons and the keyboard do not register any actions and any programs that I might have been able to open become frozen The hard drive light also flashes on and off in regular - second interval when this occurs I tried unchecking all non Windows processes in MSConfig and that appeared to fix things at first but after running for about minutes or so the compter freezes up again I ran sfc scannow and I recevied a message saying somthing like Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them Details are included in the CBS Log WinDir Logs CBS CBS log I'm not sure if this is a virus malware or if the WIndows update somehow corrupted some files and the computer works fine in Safe Mode Any help on fixing this would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Vista Toshiba Laptop Freezes, Fine in Safe Mode

Perform a  System Restore  choose the earliest date you have.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563338/vista-toshiba-laptop-freezes-fine-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone thanks in advance for your help I am trying to help my Accessable Not Laptop Safe Not Mode Boot, Toshiba - Satellite Will mother-in-law I know who does that with her laptop Because of the boot problems I can Toshiba Satellite Laptop - Will Not Boot, Safe Mode Not Accessable only offer you limited info on the specs but here is what I do know Toshiba Satellite Model Number PSAE C-TJ C Gig RAM running RAM test as we speak HDD is a Toshiba MK GSS Gig OS Windows Vista Bios Version Problem First it would boot ok in one user account but when booted in secondary account Toshiba Satellite Laptop - Will Not Boot, Safe Mode Not Accessable it would act odd ie caps lock stayed on when not pressed etc Deleted secondary account ran Windows repair function now I cannot access the primary account will not boot in safe mode can not change boot sequence in setup to boot from cd or run restore disc I have to use an external keyboard as the laptop keyboards enter key and quot a quot keys do not work New keyboard which was replaced in December warranty has since run out thank you Staples Any and all help greatly appreciated I'll answer any other questions you have as they come up I realize I may have left out some key details I forgot to add a couple of details When booting it hangs at the Toshiba screen prompting for either F for setup or F for boot device selection when you reach the log in screen it gives a number of odd sounding beeps I believe the Filter Keys box comes up and when you try to enter the login password it will not recognize it

A:Toshiba Satellite Laptop - Will Not Boot, Safe Mode Not Accessable

Hello

Does your mother-in-law have a full vista disk or does she have the factory recovery disks, if she has the full software you can do a start up repair. I will give you some links to some of the things you will probable need...

Create a Recovery Disc

Repair Install For Vista

Repair Vista Options - Preferred Sequence

System Recovery Options

System Restore

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/289087-toshiba-satellite-laptop-will-not-boot-safe-mode-not-accessable.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all I have a new Toshiba C -C Laptop returning Blue Toshiba Laptop Sleep Mode on - from Screen which came pre-loaded with Windows See Specs I clean installed Windows last weekend All went very well I just started loading programs this weekend I started noticing the blue screen stops yesterday These happen coming out of Sleep I probably never would have noticed these before because I was not leaving the machine alone long enough for it to go into Sleep So unfortunately I do not have a good idea when the behavior started - from the beginning Blue Screen on returning from Sleep Mode - Toshiba Laptop or after some software installation Here are my reports SCULLY-Sun zip It would be great if anyone could Blue Screen on returning from Sleep Mode - Toshiba Laptop point out an offending program or driver Blue screens are mostly quot Kernal Data Inpage Error quot and the more serious quot Critical Process Died quot both I understand to be processor related I did not have the presence of mind to test or check any of this early on But I do have images of the original factory installation and of the fresh clean install before any customization or software installs I do not believe that I ever tried Sleep Mode on the original factory installation The stops happen very consistently when on battery power less so when plugged in For a while I thought they did not occur when plugged in - this was not the case They seem to be more consistent when manually going into sleep not so much when it goes into sleep from Power Settings All of the drivers in the clean install were the same as the drivers in the factory installation at the time I finished I did not turn off automatic driver update for a few days I will check the driver list for changes later Software installed in order Avast Firefox Office H amp S Nitro Reader VLC bit Handy Address Book a prog I've been using for years Malwarebytes CCleaner never run and Winamp I am thinking of restoring the clean install image today start over Just to see if the behavior started then Let me know if you need more info And thanks

A:Blue Screen on returning from Sleep Mode - Toshiba Laptop

Hi TV2,

Welcome to the 10forums.

There are multiple causes of the crashes,
Please start with following

Please remove Avast the standard way and follow the uninstall instructions to remove traces.Please uninstall Malwarebytes and install it again. If you have a license for malwarebytes please note it before removing Malwarebytes, after using the uninstall utility there is no trace from Malwarebytes left.

If you get any new bluescreen, please use the tool again and upload the zip file.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/20094-blue-screen-returning-sleep-mode-toshiba-laptop.html
Relevancy 60.2%

This is my very first posting and I'm new to all this posting geek stuff but I really need help I have a Satellite Laptop Toshiba Mode Vista to running Safe only Laptop booting computer purchased in that has been wonderful up to now OS is Vista Toshiba Laptop running Vista booting to Safe Mode only Home Premium with SP Turned it on and after logging in it sits at the Welcome blue screen Toshiba Laptop running Vista booting to Safe Mode only FOREVER After reading through some of these threads I've tried what I think is everything to no avail BTW I have no idea where my recover start up disks are and I don't have my vital data backed up HELP I've managed to boot into safe mode system hangs at crcdisk sys for a while but does go into safe mode I've removed all unnecessary items from the start up folder with no change Please tell me there is hope for me I just restarted in Safe Mode Command Prompt and ran SFC SCANNOW which has come back with the following message into the scan quot Windows Resource Protection could not perform the Toshiba Laptop running Vista booting to Safe Mode only requested Operation quot What do I do next baffled and NEED MY COMPUTER BACK can anyone HELP Let me add I'm on a borrowed computer that I have to return today

A:Toshiba Laptop running Vista booting to Safe Mode only

Here's a link on where to get Toshiba recovery disks: http://www.carrona.org/recdisc.html#toshiba

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:
[quote]H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html (read the details at the link)
http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (read the details at the link)

DO NOT restore the computer until you back your stuff up.
You may be able to backup with a USB drive and a Live OS CD such as Linux or the Ultimate Boot CD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-laptop-running-vista-booting-to-safe-mode-only-523724.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,my girlfriends laptop seems to be stuck in sleep or hibernation mode.Its running windows vista. She hadnt used it for about a year,then when she tried to use it,it wont do anything.,Ive tried starting it in safe mode,either pressing f8 repeatedly,or holding it down on start-up,but it doesnt work.When it starts up it shows a black screen with the manufacturers name.If i press esc. it comes to this  page
 laptop.jpg   125.15KB
  1 downloads .If i press f2 it says entering setup...nothing happens after that. Can anyone help please? 

A:ASUS laptop stuck in sleep/hibernate mode.

I would see if replacing the CMOS battery helps. Some CMOS batteries are soldered to the motherboard. What is the model number of the Asus?

You can try the following though. Remove the main battery, unplug the adapter and hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Attach the power adapter but do not replace the main battery and then press the power button.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552656/asus-laptop-stuck-in-sleephibernate-mode/
Relevancy 59.34%

how do i get hp laptop out of stupid longscreen viewing mode? Yes i tried "view" and everything else under the sun. What is the trick?

A:My hp laptop is stuck in some kind of stupid longscreen mode...

not sure if this is what you are referring to, but you might have accidentally chenged to portrait mode? right click on desktopclick 'screen resolution'set 'orientation' to 'landscape'click OK there is a hotkey for this, i think it's in another thread

"There's no such thing as a fool proof system. Someone will make a better fool tomorrow."

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/My-hp-laptop-is-stuck-in-some-kind-of-stupid-longscreen-mode/td-p/845103
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Can anyone Stuck new cursor on no laptop visible mode with safe in Help! help please I have been posting under Anti-Virus and Anti- Malware asking for advice on which would be best Help! Stuck in safe mode on new laptop with no cursor visible to install on my new Acer Laptop and was following instructions from there when I found the touchpad seems to have stopped working as I cannot find a cursor to use I had followed the instructions given under by Quietman on that topic and am Help! Stuck in safe mode on new laptop with no cursor visible definitely in Safe Mode - but cannot get out of it or get any Help! Stuck in safe mode on new laptop with no cursor visible further either I have windows open - one is Windows Help and Support - which also says I'm not connected to the internet and to click the link to check my internet connection and the nd says Your device isn't fully protected and to check the status of my McAfee software - which is what I want to remove I've tried closing by holding in the power button and also ALT CTR DEL but I still come back to the same situation when I reboot I really would be grateful if anyone can help as no-one who was helping me on the Anti-Virus Malware for Windows seem to be online currently Thank you

A:Help! Stuck in safe mode on new laptop with no cursor visible

Hi there,Did you try plugging in another mouse?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577489/help-stuck-in-safe-mode-on-new-laptop-with-no-cursor-visible/
Relevancy 59.34%

The system Dell Inspiron laptop The problem Always Dell Mode in Multi-Monitor Laptop Stuck reboots in multi-monitor mode with extended laptop regardless of whether another monitor is connected The story My mom bought a used Dell flatscreen monitor that unsurprisingly the seller Dell Laptop Stuck in Multi-Monitor Mode didn't mention had the classic quot white screen quot problem with it So I've been up to my elbows in it's guts a few times trying to find and fix the bad solder joints that are usually the source of this problem To test whether I'd been successful the last time rather than simply hooking it up to my mom's computer and assuming I'd fixed it I hooked it up to the laptop I had to enable it through the Display Properties Settings tab and then proceeded to leave the laptop running for hours to see if the problem would persist It didn't but it showed up later After removing the flatscreen monitor from the laptop the laptop insists that it is still there Every single reboot it is back in multi-monitor mode it has a generic quot Digital Flat Panel x quot in the Device Manager and it's using this imaginary monitor as an extended desktop I've tried disabling it from the Display Properties I've tried uninstalling it from the Device Manager I've tried doing both together But every reboot it's back just as it was before sending data to an imaginary monitor I wouldn't care so much except that the mouse pointer can move a long way past the right side of the screen like this which is annoying I'm tempted at this point to simply wipe the damn thing and put a fresh install of XP on it Any advice

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-laptop-stuck-in-multi-monitor-mode-230813.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I've seen many solutions suggested involving making a windows repair CD on another at in boot, crcdisk.sys laptop safe mode wont stuck computer but the problem is my CD DVD drive doesnt read any disks for some reason laptop wont boot, in safe mode stuck at crcdisk.sys I actually sought help through this site over a year ago and no I havent gotten around to replacing the drive I know I know So If my computer and or my hard drive is just screwed and I should just buy a new one please tell me there is a way to recover my files and photos No I have no backup either I had an external hd that was my backup and that died and I lost everything cds eventually go bad and I can't afford to pay for cloud storage so as far as I'm concerned there is no true backup wah wah wahh Anyhoo would copying those repair cds onto a usb stick an option Is there a way to set that up in bios I haven't used the computer in months because I can't get it to boot and I don't recall for sure but I think I'm using windows vista ultimate Not sure if or what service pack its a gateway laptop t series It was purchased second hand from someone Thanks for any help if you can

A:laptop wont boot, in safe mode stuck at crcdisk.sys

Hi. I use copy cloud storage. I will send you a referral and it will give you and me an extra 5gb of storage. I think you will have 20 gb with the referral. Plus you can get more if you refer other people. I work on computers some but only know some. But you can use Hirens boot cd which is free and boot from the cd and use some of the recover programs to get your data back if the hard drive is accessible. You can also run some programs on the disc to test your hard drive and see if it's bad. Only thing is your dvd drive won't let you, but if you could borrow someones dvd drive or put your hard drive in another laptop to test it you could without buying anything yet. As far as running from usb I am not familiar with your laptop but their probably is an option in your bios to boot from usb. I recently reinstalled vista on a dell desktop that was vista and had a bad dvd drive and reinstalled it with usb. I used poweriso to set up my usb but there is a free program called rufus that is portable so you don't have to install it that will set up your usb. But I think you have to make an iso file of your os to set it up. You could then use it to try to repair or reinstall your os but I would try to save my data and test my hard drive first. I also would hang on to your external hard drive too. You may take the drive out of it and later see if you can put it in a desktop or buy you a usb disk dock from ebay, as the drive may be good and the circuit board that connects your usb to your drive could be bad. I would know before I throw it away.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549983/laptop-wont-boot-in-safe-mode-stuck-at-crcdisksys/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey everybody!
I just bought an Asus U31S laptop a couple of weeks ago for school and all was great until today. It suddenly crashed and gave BSOD. I was just on youtube or something, nothing special, but it had been running for a few hours.
So now it won't boot up, it simply reboots constantly. I can't even get into safe mode. BIOS I can get into, but I'm unable to do anything, since it appears to freeze, when I get in there.
I searched for a solution, but so far I've been unable to find one. Any suggestions?

PS English isn't my native tongue...

A:Laptop stuck in boot loop - can't enter safe mode

first suggestion is this.
Startup Repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/254253-laptop-stuck-boot-loop-cant-enter-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Toshiba satellite L755 laptop running windows 7 64-bit and there are some problems. It is extremely slow in both safe and "normal" modes, when it can actually boot up in normal mode. There are no system restore points, and the memory check turned up nothing. I was not in possession of the laptop on the day that it developed these problems, so I have no idea what it could be. I could potentially download and run TSG SysInfo if you let me know. Ank help is appriciated, thanks.

A:Toshiba Satellite L755 Laptop is Extremely Slow- Will Only Work in Safe Mode!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-l755-laptop-is-extremely-slow-will-only-work-in-safe-mode.1104101/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A75-S226. When I try to install Windows XP it gets stuck on "Windows is starting up". I tried to instill Windows 2000 and the same thing happens.

Thanks!!

A:Toshiba Laptop stuck in "windows in starting up"

Were you able to format the drive?

You can run diagnostics on the hard drive

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

See this for how to make a bootable cd

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/toshiba-laptop-stuck-in-windows-in-starting-up-483633.html
Relevancy 54.18%

After a power outage weeks ago I was having issues with the system going down at around minutes and then less and less time after that I was told it was a display issue Stuck classpnp.sys on stuck screen, safe Windows splash on mode and to uninstall and reinstall my display drivers I uninstalled my drivers and it was still the same I felt like it was temperature related I found my graphics card Radeon was dirty I cleaned it and thought I was back in business Everything was back to normal all I needed to do was update my graphics drivers Once that was done my computer would no longer load past the Windows splash screen I used Puppy Linux on a flash drive and I have access to everything I can use the internet and access all my files This to me says that it is not a hardware issue The fact that when I try to go into safe mode it gets stuck for more than a day on classpnp sys when I finally give up I understand that classpnp sys has Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys loaded but there Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys is something after that that the computer can't load I have Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys seen some people have atipcie sys load after classpnp sys and it makes sense to me that it would be a graphics driver that is causing the issue I need my Windows up and running for school and work projects Any ideas thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated

A:Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys

Hi ,
Follow this tutorial to run SFC /Scannow at boot.
SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
If you want to run the command from a USB drive follow this tutorial.
Boot Windows 7 System Repair Disc from USB Using Grub4Dos
And apply it to the first link instead of the ERD (Emergency Repair CD).

Generally a good tutorial to read.
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/303393-stuck-windows-splash-screen-safe-mode-stuck-classpnp-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

For a long time I have used the "projection" option on my HP laptop computer and have used an external monitor instead of the laptop's screen. Recently, I tried using the laptop's screen but found that the image produced is only a gray screen. Sometimes the image changes to a gray screen with lines showing. However, when I try using the external monitor the correct images are produced. I would like to be able to use the laptop's screen whenever I need to such as when I take my computer with me. Does anybody know how to resolve this issue? Any and all suggestions are welcome.

A:Solved: Laptop Screen Not Working. Computer Stuck on "Projector" Mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-screen-not-working-computer-stuck-on-projector-mode.1148631/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi today I decided to restart my PC but it got stuck at the logging off screen so I just held down power button to turn it off When I tried turning it back on it got stuck at the windows logo Safe-mode won't work nor will system recovery Note I had won't boot logo) mode windows at PC/Safe-mode/recovery (stuck not made any hardware changes in the past years I also don't think I have made any big software changes in the past couple of weeks What I was doing before I decided to reboot I was reinstalling different versions of firefox PC/Safe-mode/recovery mode won't boot (stuck at windows logo) because I was PC/Safe-mode/recovery mode won't boot (stuck at windows logo) having flash issues FF and Flash arent very compatible on some of the newer FF versions So I installed and it asked me reboot to finish the installation and here I am I don't think it's related might be just a coincidence Full details of what is happening Normal boot-up freezes at the windows logo The animation freezes too PC does not auto re-boot Safe-mode gets stuck while loading components Notably at storport sys not sure if I spelt that right PC does not auto re-boot System recovery freezes after a while during the copy Mircosoft Corporation screen with green loading bar PC does not auto re-boot The little light that flickers when the PC is doing something is not lighting up during the loading screens It flickers for the first couple of seconds and then just stops or very faintly flicks every - secs The loading screen animation then freezes after - seconds Information about my PC HP prebuilt HPE- y from summer of AMD phenom II x mhz HD upgraded from HD GB RAM TB HDD full specs on the build I have is here http support hp com us-en document c Please help me I am totally not prepared for this

A:PC/Safe-mode/recovery mode won't boot (stuck at windows logo)

Sorry to double post...

Tried reseating the RAM, no luck...

Tried booting recovery mode from a rescue disk I made a couple years ago, same result...
Picture:
http://imgur.com/qw4Sdml

Freezes right there after 15~20 seconds...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581439/pcsafe-moderecovery-mode-wont-boot-stuck-at-windows-logo/
Relevancy 51.6%

I've had this computer less than a week. It tried to do an update and keeps getting stuck at 12%. Researching online, I've found ways to put it into safe mode but none work. Please help.

A:Stuck in Update mode, unable to get into safe mode

Same problem here... Help!

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/15278-stuck-update-mode-unable-get-into-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello Guys, Am using windows XP on my notebook and while going to the Safe Mode i'd realised that i wasn't getting thru. At one of the forums it was posted that Safe Mode could also be accessed by "run<msconfig<BOOTINI". After checking on /SAFEBOOT, my system restarted and now i couldn't even access to the Normal Mode. I Have tried all the options but am stuck on a Black and White Sceen with the options of SafeMode/SafeMode with Networking/Normal Mode and Last Known Configuration....

Is there any way i could get rid of that problem without reinstalling my system?

A:Can't go to either the Normal mode or safe mode, am stuck in the middle

Hi Faisal ,

Shut Down Ur Nb .
Unplug The Ac Adapter.
Remover The Battery .
Reseat The Ram And The Hdd
Restart The Nb .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-go-to-either-the-normal-mode-or-safe-mode-am-stuck-in-the-middle-326279.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I wonder if there are any Techheads out there looking for a challenge?

I have a new Toshiba LCD HDTV that I want to use as the primary and only monitor for my Toshiba Satellite laptop.

I want to eliminate the laptops screen altogether.

I would like to know if there exists a connector or some other way to connect my laptops ribbon cable output to a VGA output and then to the HDTV via a VGA cable; or if there is a better way to go?

The screen on this 4year old laptop got cracked so I have to spend at least $75.00 for parts alone and if I go that way I might as well buy another laptop, or use a desktop with a wireless keyboard which will cost more than $100.00 to set up.

Besides, this seems like a kinda cool fix so if anyone has any bright Ideas, please respond.
Thanks

Relevancy 49.45%

I apologize in advance if this thread belongs to another forum I had just half an hour ago finished installing some Windows updates on my Toshiba netbook NB Windows XP SP and clicked the option to proceed to restart the computer I came back a few minutes later to the TOSHIBA startup screen with the grey bar at the bottom telling me to press F for setup and F for boot devices I pressed F and TOSHIBA the at startup Stuck screen there was a message at the grey area saying quot Entering boot devices quot or something of that nature but it Stuck at the TOSHIBA startup screen would essentially freeze at that until I pressed Esc at which point I got a black screen with white font telling me the system specs and again to press either F or F After pressing F nothing happened so I manually turned off the computer holding the power button down for seconds After seconds I turned on the computer again to the same startup screen so I pressed F this time and I got a message quot Please wait quot The computer stalled at this page so I turned off the computer again It was only by unplugging my mouse keyboard and monitor that I was finally able to access my hard drive but the startup screen still appeared at first for around second I have encountered the startup screen various times after having reinstalled Windows two months ago but I have always been able to bypass it by turning the computer on while holding F I tried this but to no avail Would the problem be related to these devices and if so why would there be a problem now when there has never been such a problem I was told that the startup screen is a way for Windows to indicate that the system has recovered from some error but there have been no Windows messages of any sort

A:Stuck at the TOSHIBA startup screen

Hi

Have you tried pressing F8 during Boot process on Toshiba logo screen with black background and choose the option of Safe mode without networking if you get into safe mode
Go to system restore and restore it to a date prior to your updates being installed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/stuck-at-the-toshiba-startup-screen-644745.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My P500 has a habit of getting stuck at the Toshiba Leading Innovation screen, sometimes it will go past it other times it won't. I have gone into the Bios and 'load default setup' that will work for a few days.

Taking out the battery helps too. I have run a full hardware diagnostics on the Hard drive and it reports as healthy. It's a stroke of luck if I can boot into Windows.

What would be causing this?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93697-Satellite-P500-keeps-getting-stuck-at-Toshiba-Screen
Relevancy 48.59%

My Toshiba Windows 8 is stuck on the Boot Menu and I don't know how to get pass it

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi i am sadly having a similar problem stuck on start up Satelite page Toshiba to this post Toshiba Satelite won't go past startup page I have a toshiba satelite d running windows home premium service pack I was just sitting on youtube three days ago and all of a sudden it just froze so i just let it sit there then a blue screen popped up with this crazy sound and it did not give me a Toshiba Satelite stuck on start up page chance to read what it said it fastly shut my whole computer down I turned my laptop back on an it got to the windows screen and it just sat there and i could see the symbol loading but it just sat there forever and then it went to a black screen I have not backed up any of my files sadly i'v tried almost everything i went to system rapair it does not work i have no back up start up points and i have tons of important files that i cannot get rid of pictures just everything that i need so i am trying to find a way to not restore it yet Only good thing is that i can get into safe mode i can see all of my files i tried to run my free virus scanner AVG but it doesn't find any viruses so i downloaded the micrsoft saftey scanner and it found viruses i let it do a full scan for hours and then it just stopped right at the end so it was not able to get them off So i have no idea what else to do i just want my files back is there any suggestions or anything i should do please help and thanks for reading

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a done a factory reset on a Toshiba Satellite P850 which I previously upgraded to Windows 10 last year through the free upgrade program. I am now trying to reinstall Win 10 but the laptop is stuck at the Toshiba Leading Innovation screen. I have tried using the F keys including F2 and F12 but no key presses are working at all except for the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys. I have also tried unplugging all external peripherals and removing the battery but to no avail.

Is there any way to unfreeze the laptop?

A:Setup stuck at Toshiba Logo Screen

Can you get to the BIOS before the Windows boot manager takes over? If so, you can boot to a repair USB flash stick and try all kinds of repairs. If you have access to another PC on which to build such a thing, you'll find this tutorial invaluable: Recovery Drive - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums.
HTH,
--Ed--

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/70013-setup-stuck-toshiba-logo-screen.html
Relevancy 48.59%

So after i had recovered my laptop today, i had to reinstall some programs. I was reinstalling a game and after it had finish installing, i tried to play it. Sudden the screen was completely frozen. So i held down the power button to restart the laptop. As it was starting it, it showed the black screen with the logo Toshiba and "leading innovation" under it and it just stood there. After a minute or so, it shut down by itself due to over heating i think. So i let it sit so it can cool down, and tried again. It was still stuck. I tried pressing F2 and F12 but no use. Please help. It is a Toshiba Satellite L355D laptop, runs on Vista Home Premium.

A:Toshiba, Stuck at leading innovation screen

Hey I have the exact same problem as you.
What is your solution, if u found any?
You posted it January ! We are in April now.
Did you fix your issue?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-stuck-at-leading-innovation-screen-452982.html
Relevancy 48.59%

okay... so i was trying to get into safemode so i could run an antivirus scan, problem is whenever i tried going in safemode the blue screen would pop up and computer would restart. now for some dumb reason i thought maybe i could get in safemode if i used msconfig and selected safe mode from the boot menu. so the computer restarted and now it boots in safemode but the blue screen and restart happen everytime now. ive tried "start windows normally" but that boots in safemode.... ive tried "last known good config..." and that too boots in safemode. so now im stuck, i cant get on windows. any help please?

im willing to start over but i dont know how to do that from here

A:STUCK in safe mode boot, safe mode doesnt work and restarts, REPEAT

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode-boot-safe-mode-doesnt-work-and-restarts-repeat.869731/
Relevancy 48.59%

A couple of nights ago Windows requested to do some updates It had it automatically picked can't mode access or "Starting Windows", safe Stuck on repair mode but I decided to look at the optional updates it recommended but didn't select I went ahead and asked to install all of them After restarting and rebooting computer since Stuck on "Starting Windows", can't access repair mode or safe mode then my computer hangs gets stuck on quot Starting Windows quot It's not a freeze I guess as the logo is still animated whilst booting but I've had it like that for hours without success I searched Stuck on "Starting Windows", can't access repair mode or safe mode the issue up on google and it seems very common after windows updates never happened to me before however but every fix solution suggested seem to vary drastically between HDD Fault Motherboard dying You downloaded something naughty etc etc I can't make any progress on many of these quot solutions quot though When pushing F upon boot and then selecting quot Repair my computer quot the screen will turn black and I will only be able to see a low quality cursor The other route to many solutions was via safe mode but that doesn't load either anymore I booted from safe mode successfully once restored from a previous point on the th of February maybe the last boot before the updates and stupidly let windows shutdown and install the same updates again I think Since then it also gets stuck loading files Running Windows Professional Edition Any help is appreciated

A:Stuck on "Starting Windows", can't access repair mode or safe mode

Hi there Dougy282,

Do you have your Windows OS CD by any chance? If so, I recommend performing a "REPAIR-INSTALL" and see if that resolves this. You would definitely need your legitimate copy of Windows OS CD though.

Hope everything works out well for you and feel free to ask more questions, thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-on-starting-windows-cant-access-repair-mode-or-safe-mode-960057.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My to Toshiba is on install stuck OS re 'Setup failure Starting' laptop recently got knocked over after impact the screen Toshiba OS failure to re install stuck on 'Setup is Starting' went to a zigzag pattern in weird colors with a high screeching noise The only way to turn it off was to take the battery out After trying to start it up it worked fine and loaded correctly soon after i loaded my game and ran around a bit windows froze and I had to restart the laptop It loaded fine again but before i could open any programs windows froze again So I restarted it and this time it wont go past the 'Loading Windows' icon I then figured maybe the hard-drive had detached from the impact I checked the hard-drive and took it out and put it back in checked the memory which all seemed fine So I shut down the laptop again just to get stuck at the loading screen again I then turned it on and opened system repair I went through the System Repair and Restore Windows to an Earlier Time which afterwards said 'I cannot manually fix your computer please send this report ' At this point I've given up so I've resorted to the Windows Home Premium installation disc Now when i start the computer off the disc I enter the Language English then hit install Now it's at a blue screen with 'Setup is Starting ' for about hours

A:Toshiba OS failure to re install stuck on 'Setup is Starting'

Test the HD with the maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan, followed by a full Disk Check from Win7 disk Command Line in System Recovery Options.

Then test your RAM - Test with Memtest86+.

If these are OK then Troubleshoot Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/361369-toshiba-os-failure-re-install-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Can not remove battery as laptop has internal battery. Accidentally set computer for "sleep" when power button is held down so it won't shut off. It simply goes to sleep and will not shut down and has been this way for over 12 hours. It is unplugged and battery won't even discharge. Any idea on what to do? Win10 upgrade was done months ago and it has worked, mostly. Decided to restart when screen was frozen. Used Ctrl/Alt/Del and chose restart from bottom of screen last night. It has been that way with the Restarting spinning since. Since it is set to power saver mode I can't even keep it up to discharge battery unless I am sitting there and touching it every 2 minutes. Any ideas on how to fix this?

A:Toshiba Satellite S55t-A5258NR stuck on Restarting

""Do you have any idea what caused it to freeze so I can prevent it happening again?"I may be able to get a clue from these logs.Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it onto your Desktop. If your default download location is not the Desktop, drag it out of it's location onto the Desktop.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/dow...If we have to run Farbar more than once, refer this SS.http://i.imgur.com/yUxNw0j.gifNote: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the Desktop.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). The logs are large, upload them using Zippy ( No account/registration needed ) or upload to a site of your choosing. Give us the links please.http://www.zippyshare.com/ Instructions on how to use ZippyShare.http://i.imgur.com/naG6t2T.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/Vi9ZdIh.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/1IZu5kP.gif

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/toshiba-satellite-s55ta5258nr-stuck-on-restarting/443.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have just inherited a very nice Toshiba Portege z p I have gradually been setting it up for use During this process screen fan Z830 splash Stuck with on Toshiba Portege - I occasionally had trouble with it not rebooting and not coming out of hibernation sleep It is now in a state where when you switch it on the Toshiba logo appears on screen and the fan goes Portege Z830 - Stuck on Toshiba splash screen with fan into overdrive sounding like it's about to take off I can't get it to boot into the BIOS setup screen Though Portege Z830 - Stuck on Toshiba splash screen with fan I have previously been in there and even updated the BIOS I have pulled it apart to check for loose connections dirt and dust and all appears ok What are my next steps or do I just write it off Looking on the Toshiba support website it would appear that it is still under warranty - see below I wonder if this is void now though It's worth pointing out that a few of the external ports are showing some sign or corrosion though the motherboard battery and other internals all appear to be intact All thoughts comments are welcome Thanks Servicename years EMEA On-site Repair Service for Laptops Service Coverage EOS Days Expiration Date - - Servicename years International Warranty Service Coverage International Days Expiration Date - -

A:Portege Z830 - Stuck on Toshiba splash screen with fan

Hi
I guess the warranty isn’t valid anymore because you have already disassembled the notebook for cleaning…

Regarding the notebook’s booting problem: to me it looks like the issue could be related to hardware malfunction… if you are not able to access the BIOS and if the notebook freezes while showing the Toshiba logo, then the problem might be related to motherboard problems…

It seems that the POST (power on self-test) cannot be passed properly and usually this can be caused by motherboard (or parts like RAM) malfunction.

By the way:

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84925-Portege-Z830-Stuck-on-Toshiba-splash-screen-with-fan
Relevancy 48.16%

I have this laptop for about five months.

At first everything was working fine. But suddenly a problem appeared with the loading of the screen battery, no matter how long I charge it, it stays stuck at 80 percent. So I can only get 40% overall battery now...

Since one of the main reasons I bought this laptop was its long battery life, this is a big problem for me...

If anyone could suggest any fixes for this, it would be much appreciated!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93101-Toshiba-Satellite-Click-Mini-L9W-B-100-battery-stuck-at-40
Relevancy 48.16%

I just got myself a Kingston V series gb SSD drive but I'm unable to have it detected by windows installers After looking around I found that drives in Tecra S have to be on quot RAID quot and not JBOD to enable windows to be installed on it unless you use the recovery CD which I don't have right now even if I wanted to use it I also found that the quot string quot needed to get the BIOS to change it when you get to quot execute creation quot is S3 it install - SSD windows stuck on JBOD, on can't Toshiba New Tecra enter But here's the catch the BIOS ignores the string I type the string enter and it cancels my desired change as if I said NO and set it back to JBOD if I don't type the right string it just get Toshiba Tecra S3 - New SSD stuck on JBOD, can't install windows on it out of it but stays raid and quot execute Toshiba Tecra S3 - New SSD stuck on JBOD, can't install windows on it creation quot is still there I tried on one of my other drives and it worked fine but for some reason this drive doesn't seem to want me to do it I tried the drive on USB works fine and the BIOS sees it for what it is so the drive is working well from my testing Any Ideas on what to do now would really be appreciated I'm running out of ideas on what I didn't do correctly Thanks

A:Toshiba Tecra S3 - New SSD stuck on JBOD, can't install windows on it

Hi

> I just got myself a Kingston V series 64gb SSD drive, but I'm unable to have it detected by windows installers

Did you include the RAID driver into Windows before you have tried to install OS again?
On the Toshiba European driver page you can find the RAID driver which should be included while Windows installation setup.

Regarding the BIOS RAID change;
I?m not quite sure but it could be possible that you cannot change the RAID option due to the SSD drive.
If other HDDs work properly and if the RAID can be changed using an common HDD then the issue is related to the new SSD drive.

Maybe you need to update the firmware on the SSD drive? check it.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?53873-Toshiba-Tecra-S3-New-SSD-stuck-on-JBOD-can-t-install-windows-on-it
Relevancy 48.16%

Toshiba Satellite P755
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

Computer will hang with mouse pointer only on screen during startup, and takes much longer than before to get from the boot screen to the Windows desktop.  Today, it froze while inputting password, with only the first few keystrokes registering.  Num Lock would turn on and off, but nothing else had response.  Hard shut down, restart, logged in, and screen with loading wheel froze.  Again, Num Lock toggled but no mouse pointer or any other response.  Eventually, it went to the old-school blue background and Start bar, then transitioned to the normal Windows 7 desktop.

I've updated virus definitions, run scan, run Emsisoft Malware scan, 0 results.  I use CCleaner frequently to check startup values and check for registry errors.  I use the Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus.

The computer exhibits other odd behavior, but I read that I'm supposed to post that as a separate topic.

Thanks for your time!

lechon

A:Slow/stuck startup, Toshiba Satellite Windows 7

Update:

I've updated my MS SE, MBAM, MBAR, and another scanner.  Restarted in safe mode, ran all the scans, 0 items found.  Ran CHKDSK/f, 0 bad sectors.  I used WinPatrol to check all my startup stuff.  Anything marked "U" in the startup list here on BC I moved to delayed start.  During this whole process, I restarted several times as required, and twice got hung up during reboot and had to hard shutdown.  The laptop starts up a little faster now, but is slower while running: explorer takes longer to open up folders, and games are much choppier and laggy.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565738/slowstuck-startup-toshiba-satellite-windows-7/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi

I tried to install windows 8.1 after instalation computer reboot. After this reboot i cant do anything computer stuck on toshiba screen (8h ), when i tried turn of and go to bios by pressing TAB computer stucks on bios Version Screen and wont budge :(

Can somebody help me !! PLS

A:Satellite M50D-A-10Z cannot boot, stuck on Toshiba screen

To access the BIOS you have to press F2 button immediately after pressing the power button.
Is this possible? Can you access the BIOS?

The notebook seems to be sold without preinstalled OS. How did you install the Windows 8.1? Did you change some settings in the BIOS previously?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?80784-Satellite-M50D-A-10Z-cannot-boot-stuck-on-Toshiba-screen
Relevancy 48.16%

How to solve the laptop stopped at the first startup , the stop dilogo toshiba and will be loading into Windows when I press any button . We are the solution that loading without the need press any key?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74175-startup-stuck-toshiba-logo-until-press-any-keys-help-h.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there,

I have got a T130 and recently tried to boot via a USB drive - but I did not even get that far - basically since trying to press F12 to access the boot options it wont go passed the initial Toshiba screen.

I have tried turning off, removing battery/AC etc. When pressing F2 it says entering setup but nothing happened - I have also replaced RAM modules.

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Satellite T130 - stuck on initial Toshiba (Bios) Screen

Maybe is BIOS screwed up. I mean if you are not able to enter it, it may be BIOS problem.
Have you got it as defective or what?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?72807-Satellite-T130-stuck-on-initial-Toshiba-(Bios)-Screen
Relevancy 47.3%

Windows 8
Satellite C55-A laptop
When I sign on to my main account (admin account), the screen turns black and I am unable to do anything except move the cursor around, however there is nothing to click on and hitting keys does absolutely nothing.  I can, however, hit Ctrl+Alt+Del to get to the task manager. 

When I log on to my guest account, everything works fine. 

Any help would be appreciated.  I need to get into my admin account so I can make changes (remove programs, etc.).

Thanks.

A:Toshiba Satellite C55-A: Sign to admin acccount, stuck on black screen

I just fixed my own problem.  I logged on to the guest account and removed the recently installed CutePDFWriter and the Ask.com toolbar that I thought for sure I unchecked during the the CutePDF install process.  

All is well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519692/toshiba-satellite-c55-a-sign-to-admin-acccount-stuck-on-black-screen/
Relevancy 47.3%

i have made several clean installs of windows bit onto my a -s but the processor gives back a speed of Mhz i installed the drivers as toshiba recommends tsi win Toshiba bit stuck - 800Mhz a215-s7472 install clean cpu @ win7 32 exe after that flash cards dont work dont care but speed gets stuck mhz bios according to toshiba is the latest i did a workaround selected amdppm sys instead of amk sys in device manager processor speed went up to ghz but stays there no more Cool n Quiet -------------------------------------------------------------------- kept working on the issue i downgraded the bios to originally had installed the preferred windows driver update driver still gets stuck mhz im going to try with windows bit ultimate to see if it works right now i have bit ultimate if anybody has an idea plz post it here downgraded with CD bios boot upgrade -------------------------------- kept on working win ultimate had the same issue Toshiba a215-s7472 clean win7 32 bit install - cpu stuck @ 800Mhz went back to bios and bit ---------------------------------------------------- current config Toshiba a -s bios AMD Turion x TL- with amdppm sys drivers temp load Celcius amdk sys from widnows gets stuck mhz amdk sys from windows xp gets stuck Ghz and temp rises celcius i already cleaned changed thermal paste on the cpu cleaned vents anybody knows a good workaround to get cool n quiet working with the full throttling mhz to ghz plz let me know

A:Toshiba a215-s7472 clean win7 32 bit install - cpu stuck @ 800Mhz

First try simply booting into your bios and setting everything back to defaults.

No overclocking, no messing around with memory settings. Put everything back to the factory settings.

I don't think this will suffice but this step is absolutely necessary.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/123239-toshiba-a215-s7472-clean-win7-32-bit-install-cpu-stuck-800mhz.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am really new at computers and I need help to get to safe mode on a Toshiba windows Xp laptop.Can you please help?

A:Windows Xp Toshiba safe mode

Tap F8 twice per second starting about 5 seconds after powering up, until Safe Mode screen is entered.

F8 is the key for all Windows versions and computer types basically.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-toshiba-safe-mode.347095/
Relevancy 46.44%

The Toshiba Power Saver is set for the screen and HDD to shut off after 30 minutes of no activity. The screen saver is set to go after 10 minutes but after 30 minutes the screen saver stops and the normal screen comes up. I tried setting to a different power setting by right clicking the desktop and going to properties and setting it to "Portable/Laptop" but it did the same thing. Is there a way to fix this?

My OS is XP Media Center and my Toshiba Satellite is a A100/A105 series.

A:Toshiba Satellite won't go in to standby mode.

Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-wont-go-in-to-standby-mode.644593/
Relevancy 46.44%

Satellite P50A running Windows 10. It would not come out of sleep mode and would not power off. Held the on/off button down for various amounts of time ... it simply would not shut down. Unplugged everything and just let the battery run out until the on/off button light was no longer lit up. Then, reconnected the power and turned it on ... seems to be running okay now.Any clue why this happened?

A:Toshiba won't come out of sleep mode, won't power off.

Dunno for certain but probably removing the battery would also have turned it off.Sometimes motherboard components can retain information. The usual fix is to remove all external power and the main battery, then hold the Power Off/On button down for at least 20 seconds which discharges the components.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/toshiba-wont-come-out-of-sleep-mode-wont-power-off/618.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I have a laptop on life support here Seems to have a nasty infection Swelling slight twitch and pussing And that s just my eyeballs My machine is a Toshiba Satellite C months old with Windows Home Premium The problem started days ago with a slow start up normally minute but took maybe I noticed Avast Antivirus failed to start and I couldn t start it plus the settings were turned down and now had a password so I couldn t change them Windows Defender failed to start and wouldn t run when I tried to start it The computer quickly bogged down to the point where I had to hit the Toshiba in Windows Mode Safe 7 power button - a first It slowly got worse until now I can t even get it to start in Normal Mode or Safe Mode with Networking I hope I haven t compounded the problem Things I tried Avast - manual scan System Restore or X - most recently giving me an error the System Restore failed to extract C Windows System FNTCACHE DAT vcleaner exe - downloaded virus scanner Restored the system Registry to it s default values Performance scans on the memory MRT exe - malware removal tool from Microsoft updated to Jan manually searching for recently modified files Reinstalled Avast - but can t get online to update virus definitions What I found spldr sys - defective security driver Here are the log files Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer Toshiba Windows 7 in Safe Mode version Boot mode Safe mode Running processes C Users Graeme Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshiba ca welcome R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www toshiba ca welcome R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www toshiba ca welcome R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Presented by TOSHIBA Leading Innovation gt gt gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA Toshiba Windows 7 in Safe Mode C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files x Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO SmartSelect - F EE -DAA - - - D EE A - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run TWebCamera quot C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Web Camera Application TWebCamera exe quot autorun O - HKLM Run AdobeCS ServiceManager quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbylogin O - HKLM Run Ad... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-windows-7-in-safe-mode.974761/
Relevancy 46.01%

After using my HDD for nearly a year now I just recently noticed that my HDD is only operating in DMA mode-2, when it is supposed to be in Mode-5 ...Is it because of something in windows or is it my IDE cables?

Athlon XP 1800+
384mb DDR
ECS K7S5A Mobo
HDD in question ---> 100GB Western Digital SE(8mb chache)
GF4 Ti4600
SB Audigy
Windows XP Home

A:HDD stuck in DMA Mode-2

It may be you are using a 40 wire IDE cable, you may have CD-ROM and the HD on the same cable, also bad BIOS settings or a Windows setting: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\EnableUDMA66

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-stuck-in-dma-mode-2.7106/
Relevancy 46.01%

i recently bought a used toshiba sattelite laptop while out of town - got it back home and found that its password protected, o.s. is windows xp home, how do i get around this ?

A:i recently bought a used toshiba sattelite laptop - help... password protected laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-recently-bought-a-used-toshiba-sattelite-laptop-help-password-protected-laptop.529235/
Relevancy 45.58%

Okay I just or Satellite Sleep L755 Toshiba mode? picked up this thing a few days ago at walmart on sale its got a AMD A- quad core M with Radeon HD graphics GHZ GB RAm mem Windows premium bit GB HD Toshiba Satellite L D A - M Two driffrent times now I have left it on while I went to eat dinner and clean up wash dishes and stuff when i came back the screen Toshiba Satellite L755 Sleep mode? or was black I hit keys and mouse pad and it really wouldn't do anything the power light was on but it says it has a On off light ive nver had a PC with this before what does this mean I think it was a amber color so does this mean it was in sleep mode I hit the power button not knowing what else to do and the display would come up to where you type in a password Toshiba Satellite L755 Sleep mode? or but then it would fade right back out to black before I had time to type in my password Ended up having to just hold down the power button to let it cut itself off then restarted it i really had shutting down PC's this way espically brand new ones but didn't know what else to do the book reall didn't tell anything about this is Toshiba Satellite L755 Sleep mode? or this just the sleep mode of the PC i went into the power settings lastnight and it has the options to what to do if its just on battery or on power pluged into the wall I just turned everything off so it doesn't do anything after minutes that is how long it was all set for I was scared this would happen again and i would end up messing up the PC by shutting it down if this was just a sleep mode how the heck you suppost to wake it back up Thanks hope I gave enough info so you guys can help me out this is a kick butt compter its the Most powerful PC I have ever owned I was having issues broadcasting using xplit this thing laughs when I braodcast i can multitask while braodcasting it is great

A:Toshiba Satellite L755 Sleep mode? or

Somebody has to ask, make and model it gives the guys something to work on.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523273/toshiba-satellite-l755-sleep-mode-or/
Relevancy 45.58%

basically i have had a clean install of windows 98se put onto the new 4o gig h/d and its missing a few drivers! i have added some of the drivers but the screen is only usiong half the area of the vga screen!(it has a black border around the whole screen. i have tried to play about with the screnn size in the display section and i have made the screen size 800x600 and now the laptop boots up but all i get is a black screen! and i can here the boot up screen music so i know it is booting! but is there anyway i can go into the o/s via safe mode and change the screen display???? or if i boot in safe mode will it be a black screen again????

A:how do i boot a toshiba satellite pro 430 cdt in safe mode???

to get into safe mode keep tapping F8 when your computer starts up. this will bring up the menu for windows startup options. i don't know if it will work in your case, but it doesn't hurt to try!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-boot-a-toshiba-satellite-pro-430-cdt-in-safe-mode.23170/
Relevancy 45.58%

About half the time when my computer tries to go into sleep mode when I've left won't Toshiba sleep Satellite into go mode Pro correctly it for a while it doesn't fall asleep properly I'm not very Toshiba Satellite Pro won't go into sleep mode correctly good with computers but when the computer is on Toshiba Satellite Pro won't go into sleep mode correctly standby the power light at the front flashes Well sometimes The screen will go dark the the power light won't flash and the NUM LOCK button is still lit up It doesn't respond to me toggling on the mouse pad and the only thing I can do is force a shut down and reboot It doesn't happen all the time but it seems to be happening a lot more often than it should be It happen almost constantly when I was downloading a game from steam I had Toshiba Satellite Pro won't go into sleep mode correctly to keep the computer constantly running for it to download and couldn't leave it to sit If anyone has any advice it'd be much appreciates Especially if I can do it myself and not take it to a shop Thank you

A:Toshiba Satellite Pro won't go into sleep mode correctly

are you sure that the PC isnt going into hibernation sometimes? moving the mouse doesnt wake my laptop up either, for me its either lifting the lid or pressing the power button (all laptops are configured differently depending on manufacturers preference for these settings). Check your advanced power options and make sure the computer isnt going into hibernation first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/264540-toshiba-satellite-pro-wont-go-into-sleep-mode-correctly.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I hope someone can help me with this. My son's laptop was infected with trojan.vundo.b and tried everything to get rid of it. I think it is now gone, but when I rebooted, I noticed there was no sound or internet. So after trying to start some of the services, I realized that Vista thinks it is in Safe mode (but it booted with the normal screen). I can boot into safe mode with networking and the internet works fine, but as far as everything else, no dice. So still no sound and if you try to fix it you get the error that you can't start the service in Safe mode. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Doc

A:Stuck in safe mode...

id backup and reinstall

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-in-safe-mode-277512.html
Relevancy 45.58%

someone please help me im a complete fool when it comes to a computer!!

my computer will only work in safe mode networking and i have no sound and think i might have a virus in here somewhere can not fix anything!!!
can someone please help me

A:stuck im safe mode

Hello tiamaria228,

What happens when you attempt to boot into Normal mode?

If getting an error please post the error details.

What steps have you already tried if any?

Do you have the Windows XP recovery media that possibly shipped with the system?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-im-safe-mode-366819.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi this is a copy my my hjt log im currently Stuck Safe Mode Im In stuck in safe mode When I try to boot Im Stuck In Safe Mode in normal my computer freeze and it keeps asking for c programfiles commonfile microsoft share web folders ibm exe Also the DOS command opens and something tries to write to it I've used spybot over times and it keeps finding and deleting win Qoologic webhancer virtumonde windows security center taskmanger torpig spysheriff smitfraudC Smitfrau-C toolbar asta killer fasst coolwww search cimuz Pacimedia I've tried avg panda once i bought the month subsription panda wouldnt open on my pc When I try to upload norton the computer freezes and restart I've been at this for a full day now Somehow my outlook express was wiped out and email info such as port number etc windows taskmanager was disabled also Please help me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www rr com flash index cfmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www rr com flash index cfmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini Shell explorer exe quot C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Web Folders ibm exe quot O - Hosts www winmx com err winmx comO - Hosts test winmx com test winmx comO - Hosts test winmx com test winmx comO - Hosts test winmx com test winmx comO - Hosts test winmx com test winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion ycomp dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google... Read more

A:Im Stuck In Safe Mode

updated log:Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1Scan saved at 9:16:05 AM, on 10/31/2006Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)Running processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\explorer.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\HPSHAR~1\hpgs2wnf.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exeR0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.rr.com/flash/index.cfmR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.rr.com/flash/index.cfmR0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=explorer.exe O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocxO3 - Toolbar: &Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\ycomp5_0_2_4.dllO3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dllO3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dllO3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {C004DEC2-2623-438e-9CA2-C9043AB28508} - (no file)O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe -osbootO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottimeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /ConsumerO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MimBoot] C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~1\mimboot.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ControlPanel] C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd32.exe internat.dll,LoadKeyboardProfileO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimizedO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /autoO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /backgroundO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WinMedia] C:\WINDOWS\System32\start217931234.exeO9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dllO9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dllO9 - Extra button: Control Pad - {28D44DAC-D1FC-4d4f-BB1B-ADF037C8DDBC} - C:\Program Files\Verizon Online\ControlPad\Misc\a_menu.exe (file missing)O9 - Extra button: Encarta Encyclopedia - {2FDEF853-0759-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTMO9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Encarta Encyclopedia - {2FDEF853-0759-11D4-A92E-006... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70300/im-stuck-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 45.58%

My buddy has Certified Data laptop;basically he came to me and it appears to be stuck in safe made.He tried system restore with no luck.
Any ideas how to return to normal bootup??
Cheers.

A:XP stuck in safe mode

Here is a shot in the dark...

start -> run (in run type msconfig) -> under the gentral tab select "Normal start up, and then press apply and then ok and restart PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-stuck-in-safe-mode.118043/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi When Trying to Reboot my PC in Safe Mode to remove Some Spyware The Computer Managed XP Mode Safe Stuck in to get Iself in an Endless Cycle of Restarting Everythime I get to the Windows XP Boot Screen As It didn t seem to want to work anytime in the Near Future I decided that a Fresh Installation of XP was required I Overwrote the Orginial Copy of XP and Restarted my Computer to Continue Setup The Computer Started as Normal but when I got past the Boot Screen The Compyter had Started in Safe Mode and I got a Message along the Lines of quot Setup cannot Continue in Safe Mode Setup will now Restart I restarted the PC and Got the Same Message When Pressing F I get a list made up XP Stuck in Safe Mode of my Hard Drive My CD Drive and my Floppy Drive and No Option to Leave Safe Mode Can Anyone Help Me If I Reformat the Computer I will Lose a Lot as I wasn t expecting it to Die on me Like that and I didn t Back up Thanks in Advance Ruppet P S Dunno if this has anything to do with it but I had Vista Transformation Pack Installed Which Modifys Various System Files nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

HELP!!

My computer is stuck in safe mode. I have tried rebooting the system I have tried defraggin the system. I have tried resetting the system to normal. Nothing seems to be working. Everytime I go to start the computer it freezes atlease 4 -5 times before it will let me boot up completely. Ive look to see if any applications were crossing and those seem to be fine. Im in a athalon processor could that be the problem. I was told it could freeze up with any logitech connections and I have a logitech mouse. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Im also running Windows 98. thanks a bunch!

Relevancy 45.58%

my home pc is stuck in power safe mode. When I turn it on, the screen says "power safe mode, press any key or move the mouse". The mouse and keyboard do not respond. I have tried f8 and all that, but again the keyboard does not respond. The dvd rom does not spin. I can not use this thing at all. I changed the battery after it happened and still same story. It isn't running in safe mode because it isn't doing anything. It is a e machine, about a year old running on windows xp. Any suggestions? My husband has a laptop, is there a way to hook them up to each other so I can atleast get my pictures from it?

A:stuck in safe mode

Does it say "Safe" or "Save"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode.776060/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a HP pavilion with Windows 7. I am stuck in recovery. When I click to backup files(photos) I get a message that there is not enough room to do so. I have tried several external hard drives but none of them are recognized. How can I back them up? Can I add more memory? Or put the HP hard drive into another computer? I have a very basic knowledge of computers. I tried a recovery with Umbuntu (?) but it only pulled a very small, random set of photos. Thanks.

A:Stuck in recovery mode

You could use a program like Recuva to see if you can access these files or folders.  Clicking on the link will automatically start the download.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607426/stuck-in-recovery-mode/
Relevancy 45.58%

I went into safe mode to clean up the Spy Axe malaware. Now. I can't get out of safe mode. I've tried using all the options on the F8 screen but nothing works! System resore doesn't work either. So I'm stuck with Safe Mode (without networking). Please help!

Thanks,
Mike

A:Stuck in Safe Mode! Please Help!

check in msconfig that the box for safe mode is unticked

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-in-safe-mode-please-help-85311.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Whenever I restart my computer, it boots up in "safe mode" and I cant get out of it. It was working fine earlier, then I restarted it and it came up in safe mode. Does anyone know how I can get out and reboot normally? Windows 2000

Thanks.

A:Stuck in Safe Mode

Does it tell you it is in "Safe Mode" or does it just "look" like it? If the latter, you are probably not in Safe Mode at all, but have lost your Display adapter configuration and are looking at a Safe Mode like VGA screen.

It's tough to troubleshoot problems like that in Win2k because it has no native startup manager. However XPs "msconfig" will work in 2k and you can get the files for it here:

http://www2.whidbey.net/djdenham/Msconfig.htm

This is what "clean boot" troubleshooting is WITHOUT msconfig:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;281770

With (XP):

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310353

As far as I know the functionality will be identical if you install msconfig to 2k.

Try disabling the "startup group" first and see if that allows you to boot normal.

You can also hide microsoft services and disable non microsoft ones.

If no luck you have to go to the device manager and disable things like sound and network cards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode.386479/
Relevancy 45.58%

hi
i recently downloaded AVG anti virus. I scanned my computer and found 20 viruses. 2 weeks later I then put my computer in safe mode and found 900 infected files. (ares) i then deleted 2 folders manually by the name of TOOLBAR and 180 Solutions. Now i cannot get my computer to boot normally. everytime i select start windows normally. it leads me back to the page where i select safe mode or normal mode. please help.

thank you

A:Stuck in Safe Mode

try last known good configuration i don't think it will work but worth a try
next
in the run box type
sfc /scannow
and press enter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-in-safe-mode-58187.html