Windows Support Forum

Acer M460

Q: Acer M460

If your Acer M does not start up Don t fret I found a simple solution With the computer turned off Remove side panel Reach M460 Acer inside and hold Acer M460 exhaust fan so it can not move While holding fan Push the on button on the front panel Listen for the quot beep quot sound After you hear the quot Beep quot release the fan The fan will start up after a second or two P S Do not let fan move until you hear the quot beep quot first Many suites on the web say it is the quot capacitors quot NOT TRUE I had this year for over a year When I turned off my Acer M Sometimes it would not start up I got so and I cut the wires inside the computer Purchased another used M it did the same thing Figuring I needed new caps I purchased a set of the two biggest caps Then I needed a soldering gun Then I needed to desolder the caps already on the board Then I purchased a rework station So far I have only used the air gun Starting yesterday This procedure works for me It will work for you as well nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-m460.207931/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Acer M460

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 75.68%

I have an Acer Veriton M which I am looking to upgrade The graphics card recently died and I am looking for a new one I would like to play games like League of Legends World of tanks CS GO and a few easy to run games I would also like to upgrade the RAM which I currently have gb of but I m not sure how much the motherboard can support I am looking to buy this http goo gl please!? M460 Acer Veriton upgrading Help with lXrgo however I m not sure whether it will fit if the PSU wattage can support it and if the CPU Help with upgrading Acer Veriton M460 please!? will be a bottleneck I am unsure of the specs and I can t check because when I load up Help with upgrading Acer Veriton M460 please!? my PC everything is enlarged and I can t get around I think this is because the Graphics card is broken so Help with upgrading Acer Veriton M460 please!? I would also appreciate if you could help me change the resolution and if factory resetting it would work that d be great because I m planning to anyway however I do know the CPU is an Intel duo quad core G I have a budget of for the graphics card If the one I suggested won t work and I will only need gb of RAM which won t be much money a suggestion would be nice though please I can t afford a whole new system yet so I m just upgrading this I know it seems like a lot but it won t come anywhere near the cost of a new PC Sorry for asking a lot I just can t be sure as I can t see my system specs because I can t get on my PC and there isn t much on the internet about it as it s a fairly old system Any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

I've seen threads about flashing bios on laptops with no video. Is there such a fix for an M460?

A:M460 (Acer) won't boot; no beeps, no video

If it won't boot, bios flashing won't help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/m460-acer-wont-boot-no-beeps-no-video.173620/
Relevancy 52.46%

I m helping someone out with a restore on a laptop and after restoring everything then putting word on I took an image and then went back to an old image to grab some settings off it Now I notice the colors are a little off on the display Even the Press F the Gateway box etc When I boot up the old XP image and connect to an external monitor I see the issues with the LCD panel but GPU? laptop LCD Gateway this problem or Is M460 the external monitor images look fine Scroll bar backgrounds are off the background I had on there was I believe some default HP background lots of green What I noticed was some of the more lightly shaded areas of green are no Is this problem LCD or GPU? Gateway M460 laptop red orange Can barely discern the shading on the external monitor Once I switch to no background the background seemed fine Is this definitely an LCD panel issue easy enough to replace Anything I can do do determine the exact cause or a work-around Is there anything I could have done to have caused this or does it fall under no good deed goes unpunished Thanx nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I try to update my Gateway M460 from 6.007 to 6.005 then it' won't start no more . Please let me know does anyway I can fix the problem ?

Thank you

A:Fail to Flash my Gateway M460 Bios ! Plz Help

Reset the BIOS, if that doesn't work then put the BIOS flash floppy in the drive and start it up with the left shift key down and it may be able to reflash it, assuming it has that feature built in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fail-to-flash-my-gateway-m460-bios-plz-help.68041/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everyone,
I have a Gateway M460 laptop comp. that for a few days the lcd had a light brown shadow on the left side of the screen. Then yesterday when turning it on the screen flashed about 3 times then went black. If you get the room light on it just right you can still see some of what is on screen. Can someone please advise me on what could be the problem. It is out of warranty so any help would be great. My wife uses it for school and needs it real bad.

Thank you,
Joe

A:Gateway M460 screen flashes then black

Appears your inverter has gone bad. It is replaceable cheaply if you do it yourself.
The inverter is about the shape and size of a Sharpie pen and tests behind the screen at the bottom. It plugs in with plugs and sockets at each end. You need the exact inverter for that model, but can often find suppliers at ebay where you can get the part for $20 to $30. It is about $75 to $100 at Gateway.
Replacement requires removing the screw covers (little flat round or rectangle rubberized cosmetic covers put there for appearance), then using a very good hard steel philips screwdriver to remove about 18 screws. (Be careful to mark the screws and have a screw map for replacement as not all screws are the same size.) Once the screws are off, you lift off the screen, remove the old inverter and plug in the new one. Now all you have to do is put in the screws carefully, and you are done except for the screw covers. Screw covers are the toughest part. You will likely need a type of rubber cement that does not go hard with age.
DO NOT GET A USED INVERTER. BUY NEW ONLY.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-m460-screen-flashes-then-black.111236/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello my new Acer Aspire Notebook has my IE homepage stuck to global acer com and I can t change it through any of the IE options Use Blank Use Current or typing it in manually - I m trying to set it to Google I went to this page to solve the problem http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb EN-US q Home page setting changes unexpectedly or you cannot change your home page setting As per Microsoft s instructions I tried changing the quot Start Page quot value in quot HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot but I got the following error quot Cannot edit Start Page Homepage Explorer Can't Acer on Aspire (global.acer.com) Change Internet Notebook Error writing the value s new contents quot There was no quot Default Page URL quot entry in there I was able to change the quot Default Page URL quot value to quot Google com quot under quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot and the quot Start Page quot value in there was already set to quot http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd SUB PRD amp clcid SUB CLSID amp pver SUB PVER amp ar home quot The quot Default Page URL quot and quot Start Page quot entries don t exist in the quot HKEY USERS Default Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot key Lastly the quot HKEY CURRENT USER Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook quot subkey doesn t exist either I would Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook appreciate any help you could give me thanks nbsp

A:Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-internet-explorer-homepage-global-acer-com-on-acer-aspire-notebook.493639/
Relevancy 34.83%

The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M
I am attaching a few pictures of what comes on the screen when I turn it on.
Even in safe mode it does not let me log in, it attempts repairs, it fails and then goes to the black screen with the white cursor.
If I try to start windows normally it loads the logo and then goes to the black screen.
Yesterday, in an attempt to do repairs it was replacing invalid security drivers or something like that and it was taking ages so I had to turn it off.
For the last week it took very long to start up, failing to configure windows but it would eventually let me log in.
Since yesterday I am only getting the black screen. it is windows 7 by the way.

i need a very quick reply please

A:Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M goes black after acer logo loads

Quick reply!!! Save your data and restore back to factory. Always have a back up image of your OS on a external drive for next time you have this problem!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5742-intelcore-i3-380m-goes-black-after-acer-logo-loads-984193.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I restarted my computer like normal and for whatever reason the computer is now stuck at the Acer boot screen. I try to press DEL to enter Setup and I even tried pressing F12 to go into the Boot Setup, but for whatever reason the computer does not respond to anything.

To shut it off I have to hold down the power button and eventually it shuts off.

Stuff to know:
- I have a wireless mouse and keyboard being used on that desktop.. Should I perhaps try to plug in a corded mouse and keyboard?
- I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate.
Thanks

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi all,
I have a Compaq Presario CQ56 64-Bit (Windows 7 Home Premium) laptop that I bought before the summer, today a Windows Update has given me an Acer display update published on the 28/12/2011. I thought because I had my vga cable plugged into the TV Windows Update may have become confused but despite checking for updates again it still appears there as optional.

AMD/ATI is recognized by Windows and Windows Update and there had already been a display driver update not so long ago, so I cannnot understand why I'm receiving an update for the wrong machine?

A:Acer - Display - ACER S271HL update on Compaq Presario CQ56 64-Bit

Not actually for AMD/ATI almost monthly you can see a newer update become available and that's why you will see one listed as an optional hardware update for the integrated graphic chips on the laptop.

Since Windows detects the tv you are using as an external monitor that also becomes a detected hardware. If that happens to be an Acer brand tv that would explain why that particular update came about.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/205327-acer-display-acer-s271hl-update-compaq-presario-cq56-64-bit.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello apperiantly one week back acer deleted quot Acer Launch Manager quot keyboard driver for acer laptops and i cant find it anywhere its like NEWER REALLY WAS THERE BEFORE O O actually there was only website? from removes Dritek? by Acer launch made manager acer options of keyboard driver to choose from acers website one driver was made by Acer itself another one - by some dritek Unfortenatly they probably think that dritek driver is better so they left just that one i dont know maybe its better but Acer removes launch manager made by acer from website? only Dritek? its UGLY cause this driver gives logos indicators on display when i use VOLUME BLUETOOH WIFI etc buttons the logos by dritek is retarted comparing to acers actually i realized that acers logos is like mac's maybe thats the reason they removed from download section anyway i wan my old driver back its beautiful and its better cause with that driver my power button was atleast recognised as quot P quot button Now its just opens panel where i can set up shortcuts to buttons that i dont ewen have wtf acer is thinking about I bet some of u guys still have old good acer app driver installed that is called Launch Manager and shows nice square black transparent logos when u press volume keys I had that one before i reinstalled windows So please could anybody send me if u dont have install maybe then just compress whole folder from program files i think it should work cause drivers would be same but app is the one that make logos My laptop is acer aspire G on windows home premium it dosent have to be same laptop im pretty sure most launch managers was made for lot models to work Im sorry for bad english im on rush to lazy to fix all Its suppose to look like this when i press special button NOT like this witch is now

A:Acer removes launch manager made by acer from website? only Dritek?

after long googling i find out that the best version of dritek launch manager is 3.0.02 - it haz all that sexy icons and works perfect.

Latest version 3.0.04 works fine but its ugly. and version 3.0.03 does not even installs, its fail. case closed.
im sorry to disturbing someones time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/132480-acer-removes-launch-manager-made-acer-website-only-dritek.html
Relevancy 34.83%

can anyone help, i restarted my aspire 1642wlmi last night. when i restarted it everything was going normal untill it got to the blue screen that says acer aspire series, before the users of the computer show up. it just freezes on that screen. i've restored all the default settings and that hasn't done any good. thanks for your help on the matter. i do appreciate any info that you can give me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wont-boot-up-past-the-blue-acer-screen-acer-aspier-1642-a-323847.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey There First of all I'm a studend so I can't speek good english cause I live in Switzerland plz write in German if you can So my Problem I've found a Acer Aspire G with Windows Vista This was so slow and annoying So I deleded the whole OS and installed Win Home Premium x Now I'm searching some drivers for my Notebook My biggest Problem is the sound driver In Vista there was a tool called quot Acer eAudio Manager quot I want to install it because you can switch the equalizer to movie music with on Manager eAudio 7 Acer Aspire Windows Acer 5920G and game and it sounds awesome with the bassbooster D I've downloaded the driver from the website and there was a error quot This software can only be installed in authorized machine quot what can I do to Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 install this tool Some other tools like acer power management or acer enet management works great I thought I ask in this forum because there were some good topics about the mouspad and synaptic of the G wich helped Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 me D I hope you understand my question and can help me Greetings LikeLinux And yes I'm a real Linux fan I've used always Ubuntu This is the first time that I use Windows

A:Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7

Bing Translator

Try installing the driver in compatability mode.

Read this tutorial.
Compatibility Mode
Let us know if it works or does not work.
Mike

Installieren Sie den Treiber in Compatability Mode.

Lesen Sie dieses Tutorial.
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=de&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sevenforums.com%2Ftutorials%2F316-compatibility-mode.html

Lassen Sie uns wissen Sie, wenn es funktioniert oder nicht funktioniert.
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/133756-acer-eaudio-manager-acer-aspire-5920g-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi everyone I'm at my wits end! I cannot get my webcam to work. I have tried numerous options posted in different forums and on websites but nothing seems to work. Even when I went to the Acer update driver search site. When I added my model number I got about a dozen driver options but as soon as I put in my OS Windows 7 (64 Bit) it came back with no drivers. I've noticed in a number of forums that peoples webcams where working fine in Windows XP but when they updated to Windows 7 they lose the ability for their computers to find their webcams. Is this an inherent problem with Windows 7 and is there anyway to fix it short of buying an external webcam. Surly there must be a way to get it to work !!!
Regards Brett.

A:Acer Crystal Eye Webcam will not work on Acer Aspire 5560

Hi Brett ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Does the Webcam show in the Device Manager ? ...

Do you have any errors in the Device Manager ...?
Have you tried the Cyberlink WebCam Application 1.0.1523 23.6 MB ? ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351235-acer-crystal-eye-webcam-will-not-work-acer-aspire-5560-a.html
Relevancy 34.83%

My system is roughly months old I had used the upgrade software that Acer provided to upgrade from Vista to home premium There was no issues with the install and everything worked great for a month and then it started going in to Acer M3203 Windows software Acer's upgrade and Aspire 7 deep hibernation The only way to wake it was to unplug Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software the power from the tower I did everything I could think of from editing the registry to updating drivers to finally reinstalling everything No go so I packed it up and sent it back to Acer I just got it back from Acer's repair depot They had to replace the motherboard hard drive and fans on the system They performed a factory restore and told me that I was good to go and updating shouldn't be an issue I went to use the upgrade dvd's from Acer and low and behold the hibernation thing started again It took me four attempts to restore it back to factory Now it seems stable running Vista I am in the process up updating the drivers and windows stuff so time will tell Is it me or is Acer systems flakey Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can go about updating to Windows without having to format every week I have tried doing clean installs without going the upgrade path and it still behaves badly Sometimes it won't even turn on Or is it just possible that the pc I purchased just can't handle Windows

A:Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software

Are you booting the Acer Win7 Upgrade Media DVD to do a clean install? You can do that to get the cleanest possible install, without the corruption that is imported from Vista in an in-place Upgrade.

The installer is driver-complete, but afterwards any missing drivers which don't quickly arrive in Optional Windows Updates can be found on the apps/drivers CD along with favorite apps like Works, cam, etc. Others can be found on the Acer Support Downloads webpage for your model computer, Adobe (flash, Reader) and Java (runtime, free Ofc suite) sites.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/74525-acer-aspire-m3203-acers-windows-7-upgrade-software.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi, I hope someone can help, the crystal eye webcam on my Acer 6930g has stopped working, I dont know what I have done, it was working fine. Now when I try to start it up a box appeers saying:

Acer crystal eye webcam.EXE - unable to locate component
Thisapplication has failed to start because Image.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I have tried re-installing application but still keeps coming up with same box.

This is a real pain as I am now unable to skype my son who lives with his mum. Please Help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-crystal-eye-webcam-on-acer-6930g-has-stopped-working.886860/
Relevancy 34.83%

Previously, this button would open Windows Media Center when pressed. Though it has stopped doing that and don't know why. How can I fix this?
All the other Mediatouch keys are working fine.
http://dalscan.samsalisbury.net/results.php?id=7c3d6622ef53857e3cfe4471330d88c0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-5920g-acer-arcade-button.804166/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hie guys, i bought this acer 5333 notebook and it was running windows 7 perfectly and i installed windows 8 and used it for a week and one day i was repairing windows file and it took long time to finish and i thought it was frozen so i forced it to switch off and the moment i switched on again it only display the acer log and says press f2 to run setup and if i try to press any key or even f2 its not responding it will automatically restarts within 8seconds so i wl have to remove the battery so that it can stop restarting ,anyone who can help me fix this problem plz i am stranded what i can do now .

A:my acer 533e notebook is restarting just after displayng the acer log

What happens when you insert a windows 8 install DVD?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/3214-my-acer-533e-notebook-restarting-just-after-displayng-acer-log.html
Relevancy 34.4%

So at first i thought it my keyboard wasn't being seen by windows but sometimes after holding the bluetooth button P3) (included ... Acer Aspire Acer Keyboard Case with an unknown device appears that appears to be my keyboard yet when i type in the connection code it doesn't respond and then the device no longer is showing It could just be another bluetooth device though i live in a dorm so there's many other people with bluetooth devices in the area nbsp I checked out this nbsp https acer--uk custhelp Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... com app answers detail a id how-to-pair-the-acer-bluetooth-keyboar nbsp but it only applies to and not Perhaps acer should release a driver update for windows early adopters that fixes their keyboard to work with windows unless there is a simple bug fix I looked online but i Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... seem to be the only one with this issue so far possibly due to the newness of Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... nbsp Edit found this post which weirdly didn't show up previously nbsp http community acer com t Windows- Bluetooth-not-working-after-installing-Windows- -on-Aspire- nbsp trying to update my drivers again to confirm this isn't an issue nbsp edit nope it added a connected devices section to replace the bluetooth section but otherwise didn't solve the problem yet nbsp edit so after like hours i finally realized what was the issue In order for it to be discoverable you need to make sure to first install nbsp the new windows specific bluetooth driver mentioned in the above post then use the REPAIR option in the bluetooth drivers THEN make sure the keyboard starts having both its blue and orange light flashing reseting the connection After doing nbsp these three things the keyboard should be discoverable in the bluetooth connection menu of windows listed specially as a keyboard Then just type in the code and you should be good to go

A:Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ...

I can fix this problem...1.setup windows 10 v1511 by usb2.when setup windows ready, update driver with windows update3.download driver Bluetooth and update setup from acer site belowhttp://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/drivers4.restart computer5.after restart goto bluetooth and search new device6.long press on power button on keyboard bluetooth cover until see blink blue and red light together7.when bluetooth connect with keyboard cover, enter 6 code bluetooth and endter for accept code8.enjoy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Keyboard-Case-included-with-Acer-Aspire-P3-not-connecting/td-p/372663
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello im user of Acer Aspire ES - I have been using it Bluelight Acer Aspire ES1-331 Acer - Shield doesnt... from February with Windows For a long time Acer Quick Access and Acer Bluelight Shield were working properly but some days ago something happened and option of sharing WiFi disappeared it was under Rozruch do pulpitu from AQA and it became impossible to turn Acer Aspire ES1-331 - Acer Bluelight Shield doesnt... on ABS Earlier when i turned it on or off it happened immediately Now some dots are going around for a few seconds and i get that nbsp http imgur com a EpfjtIt means You cant control that device the same happens when i change intensity of ABS - nothing changes however it can write that it changed On the screen high level is turned on but Acer Aspire ES1-331 - Acer Bluelight Shield doesnt... you see that it is a lie I am using it on Admin accoutn of course I reinstalled Acer Quick Access but nothing changed and i cant use Acer Bluelight Shield nbsp Rest of options of Acer Quick Acces works Wifi and Bluetooth Thanks for reading

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES1-331-Acer-Bluelight-Shield-doesnt-work/td-p/446697
Relevancy 34.4%

Is the 15'' screen from an Acer Aspire 5517 the exact same item found in a 15'' Acer 5742,I would like to swap in the 5517's screen.If not,where would one search for a new replacement screen for a 5742 in NorthAmerica (Canada)

A:Swap screen from Acer 5517 into Acer 5742

Looks like they may be close if the cables are the same. Here's a new LCD Panel:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ACER-ASPIRE-AS5742Z-4601-15-6-WXGA-LED-LCD-SCREEN-/170653209731?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bbb95483#ht_2864wt_1396

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/swap-screen-from-acer-5517-into-acer-5742.179161/
Relevancy 34.4%

To start off, this laptop has been horrible since the day I got it. I can't even believe how slow it is; it lags doing even the simplest tasks.That aside; I was prompted to update an AMD Catalyst Radeon (something like that) software, so I did. The screen went black and nothing happened for almost 10 hours.I eventually decided to turn off the power. Now that I turn it back on it's just stuck on "Acer explore beyond limits" screen.It has been like this for days now. I've tried turning it on and off again several times. It's just stuck at that screen.What do I do? How do I fix this? I need this computer for school.

A:Acer Aspire ES 15 ES1-520-3441 stuck at "Acer expl...

Boot pressing F2 to enter BIOS, check if your HDD/SSD is listed on BIOS informations page. if you press Alt+F10 are you able to enter recovery? Which windows OS version is installed?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES-15-ES1-520-3441-stuck-at-quot-Acer-explore-beyond/td-p/428427/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 34.4%

My acer active pen is not working consistently. The screen recognizes it sometimes, and other times it does not. The only way I can get it to recognize is by power cycling the pen (taking the battery out and putting it back in), or by power cycling the laptop. I replaced the battery so I know it is not a battery issue. I have an Acer Aspire R13 (Model #R7-371T), and recently upgraded to Windows 10.  I was having this problem earlier with Win 8.1, but it seems to have gotten worse with Windows 10.  I have updated to all the most recent drivers.  Very frustrating. Any thoughts? 

A:Acer Active Pen problems - Acer Aspire R13 (Model ...

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34304/~/acer-active-pen-stylus-for-aspire-r7-371tNote: When the Acer Active Pen has not been in use for 1 minute, the pen will go into sleep mode.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Active-Pen-problems-Acer-Aspire-R13-Model-R7-371T/td-p/388575
Relevancy 34.4%

I have tried everything I can think of I have already read through a few other threads with the same issue but none of the fixes work for me It gets to the acer screen logo not boot Acer will Acer Aspire E15 past loads that little loading circle then it just goes black I have tried pushing Alt F and it got to the acer screen and said please wait then the screen went black again I have installed Windows on a USB drive and have went into the bios and enabled the boot menu as well as change the order Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo of the boot to the USB This got me a bit closer but still stuck After about minutes it finally went to a purple screen and a window popped up asking to install I selected my language and clicked install it went to another screen that says setup is starting and it's been sitting this way for about minutes now I'm out of ideas Don't have a clue why this is going on This is a friend of mines computer he said he was in the middle of playing a game and the laptop froze then something came up and then it shut off When it booted up it wouldn't load past the acer screen

A:Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo

Try booting to Memtest86 you can burn a CD and I think it can also be run from a USB bootable flash drive. This will test your memory for problems and also let you know that the hardware in general will run (except the hard drive which is ignored at this stage.If the memory is good, then boot to your hard drive mfg's utility or Seatools from Seagate (DOS version) the same as Memtest but it tests your hard drive to see if it is just the drive that you cannot install on.If the memory and hard drive tests OK then you may just need to delete all current partitions on the hard drive before trying to install.If the memory does not test good, try cleaning the contacts on the memory with a soft pencil eraser and snapping them in and out 5 or 6 times to also burnish the slot's contacts. Then try memtest again on one stick at a time in case one stick is bad, swap and try again.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/acer-aspire-e15-will-not-boot-past-acer-logo/1671.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Is this normal for a 6 month old machine..? I can't update windows 10. The message says that there's not enough room to update windows 10, so I buy a 32 gig card....still it says theres not enough space,,,so I try a 32gig usb stick....still no joy.....So I take it back to PC World where I'm treated like a child and told that they won't take it back...they'll just send it back to Acer to have windows 8 put on ...??!  and did I realise it was a cloudbook and NOT a laptop...!! Left the shop with steam coming out of my ears...so, my question is this....Has anyone out there succeeded in updating their windows 10 cloudbook Because that despite having owned and worked with computers for over 30 years I cannot solve this problem....(Nor have I experienced such poor ill informed salespeople as I have in PC World....but that's another story...

A:^ month old acer ao1 431 C2Q8 ACER ASPIRE ONE CLOU...

you need an USB flash drive or external HDD with at least 16Gb and it must be NTFS formatted.http://www.thewindowsclub.com/upgrade-devices-less-free-space-windows-10

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/month-old-acer-ao1-431-C2Q8-ACER-ASPIRE-ONE-CLOUDBOOK-14-can-t/td-p/460976
Relevancy 34.4%

So at first i thought it my keyboard wasn't being seen by windows but sometimes after holding the bluetooth button an unknown device appears that appears to be my keyboard yet when i type in the connection code it doesn't respond and Case Aspire (included with Keyboard Acer Acer ... P3) then the device Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... no longer is showing It could just be another bluetooth device though i live in a dorm so there's many other people with bluetooth devices in the area nbsp I checked out this nbsp https acer--uk custhelp com app answers detail a id how-to-pair-the-acer-bluetooth-keyboar nbsp but it only applies to and not Perhaps acer should release a driver update for windows early adopters that fixes their keyboard to work with windows unless there is a simple bug fix I looked online but i seem to be the only one with this issue so far Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... possibly due to the newness of nbsp Edit found this post which weirdly didn't show up previously nbsp http community acer com t Windows- Bluetooth-not-working-after-installing-Windows- -on-Aspire- nbsp Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... trying to update my drivers again to confirm this isn't an issue nbsp edit nope it added a connected devices section to replace the bluetooth section but otherwise didn't solve the problem yet nbsp edit so after like hours i finally realized what was the issue In order for it to be discoverable you need to make sure to first install nbsp the new windows specific bluetooth driver mentioned in the above post then use the REPAIR option in the bluetooth drivers THEN make sure the keyboard starts having both its blue and orange light flashing reseting the connection After doing nbsp these three things the keyboard should be discoverable in the bluetooth connection menu of windows listed specially as a keyboard Then just type in the code and you should be good to go

A:Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ...

I can fix this problem...1.setup windows 10 v1511 by usb2.when setup windows ready, update driver with windows update3.download driver Bluetooth and update setup from acer site belowhttp://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/drivers4.restart computer5.after restart goto bluetooth and search new device6.long press on power button on keyboard bluetooth cover until see blink blue and red light together7.when bluetooth connect with keyboard cover, enter 6 code bluetooth and endter for accept code8.enjoy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Keyboard-Case-included-with-Acer-Aspire-P3-not-connecting/td-p/372663/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 34.4%

My acer active pen is not working consistently. The screen recognizes it sometimes, and other times it does not. The only way I can get it to recognize is by power cycling the pen (taking the battery out and putting it back in), or by power cycling the laptop. I replaced the battery so I know it is not a battery issue. I have an Acer Aspire R13 (Model #R7-371T), and recently upgraded to Windows 10.  I was having this problem earlier with Win 8.1, but it seems to have gotten worse with Windows 10.  I have updated to all the most recent drivers.  Very frustrating. Any thoughts? 

A:Acer Active Pen problems - Acer Aspire R13 (Model ...

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34304/~/acer-active-pen-stylus-for-aspire-r7-371tNote: When the Acer Active Pen has not been in use for 1 minute, the pen will go into sleep mode.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Active-Pen-problems-Acer-Aspire-R13-Model-R7-371T/td-p/388575/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 33.97%

I do not have great computer nowledge so please keep it simple or point me towards a Tuition postthanks

A:JUST BOUGHT ACER ASPIRE WITH WINDOWS 8 and ACER BY...

Hello, You'll find here all informations about BYOC (Build Your Own Cloud).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/JUST-BOUGHT-ACER-ASPIRE-WITH-WINDOWS-8-and-ACER-BYOC-How-does/td-p/308814/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 33.97%

I do not have great computer nowledge so please keep it simple or point me towards a Tuition postthanks

A:JUST BOUGHT ACER ASPIRE WITH WINDOWS 8 and ACER BY...

Hello, You'll find here all informations about BYOC (Build Your Own Cloud).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/JUST-BOUGHT-ACER-ASPIRE-WITH-WINDOWS-8-and-ACER-BYOC-How-does/td-p/308814
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi, I have a acer aspire laptop, and I asume Acer eSettings Management should be on there.

A:Acer eSettings Management is not on my acer laptop

Hi ... It is the Launch Manager software you are looking ... Can be fond on the Acer Website under applications ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/370156-acer-esettings-management-not-my-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Just purchased this off Ebay and had a fresh WIndows 8 install. Stared to Upgrade to Windows 10 and when the installation restarted it, the computer is stuck on the Acer splash screen. Have tried turning it off and on and to no avail.All I can get into is the BIOS by pressing DEL while restarting it again.Any ideas what can be done to fix this??

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/acer-all-in-one-ZS600G-is-stuck-on-Acer-splash-screen/td-p/457748
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi I cannot download Acer Care Center for some reason I have tried via wired Acer Care Aspire Center E5-571 Acer and wireless connectivity with no joy The nbsp AcerCareCenterCheckTool prompts Download failed Please check your network connection and try again I have tried run as admin troubleshoot nbsp compatibility to which Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center nbsp it fails each time The only Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center thing that does change is when running the program sometimes it prompts Your model is supported Do you want to download Acer Care Center to which I press Yes then downloading dots keep moving until Download failed Please check your network connection and try again appears Is there a direct link to the actual setup file nbsp Also just to note I found W run a lot smoother when I previously installed W carrying over apps etc from nbsp This fresh install if you like upgrade carrying over nothing has killed boot times which were considerably faster previously Have I lost any vital software drivers etc carrying over nothing then manually installing drivers from Acer supports site

A:Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center

Are you trying to download and install Acer Care Center because you lost the recovery partitions?If they are gone, nothing you can download will put them back.You will need to go to the Acer store, click ERECOVERY and purchase restore media. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-571-Acer-Care-Center/td-p/397848/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 33.97%

How long does it take for the 'restore operating system and retain user data' generally take?Mines been going for just over three hours now.the restoring system bar is 100%the updating system bar is 99%select restore type has a tick beside itcheck password has a tick beside it (but the font isnt in bold like the others)notice has a tick beside itrestore destination has a tick beside itrestore progress has an arrow pointing at itthe final step is 'finished' and hasnt been marked.ive been having problems (hence the restore) and just want to check that this amount of time its taking is normal and not an indication that its not working i appreciate any advice, but please make it as easily understood as possible lol i dont know a lot about computers.thank you

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-erecovery-management-v7-7-3-acer-aspire-5742/td-p/440504/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 33.97%

Can anyone explain the differrence between Acer C720P-29554G03aww vs. Acer C720P-29554G01aiiThere is only about a $5 price difference, but I dont see why? Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/difference-between-Acer-C720P-29554G03aww-and-Acer-C720P/td-p/398588/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 33.97%

I wasted a lot of ink on this problem by printing out a lot of information on it But I found out that this is an easy fix So I guess the wasted ink was not wasted after all on one of these printouts was the solution nbsp In the bio settings there is an option to change the default SATA Mode of the Boot Drive The default is AHCI Mode Advanced Host Controller Interface nbsp This needs 5517, to Had I Hi, Acer Replac... Have an Acer Aspire to be set to IDE Mode using F key to change it over As soon as I did this operation it let Windows Install and Format the drive with the correct size of the drive partition After setting the mode do not forget to Save and Exit nbsp I'm going to add this just because ACER was no help on this problem and does not even have the driver's for my Acer Model on there web site NOT GOOD ACER nbsp I hope this helps a lot of people that have had this Hi, I Have an Acer Aspire Acer 5517, Had to Replac... problem nbsp Later Fred

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Hi-I-Have-an-Acer-Aspire-Acer-5517-Had-to-Replace-HD-Got-Error/td-p/438360/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,

I have an Acer Extensa 5420 computer and the operating system installed is Vista.

I'm having trouble with the Crystal Eye's picture-taking. I turn it on (works just fine) but when I click the "take picture" button, it briefly shows up in the gallery bar underneath and disappears. I can't for the life of me figure out where it is sending them or why they are not staying in the gallery below the pictures like they used to. I can't find any way to adjust or figure out where they are being sent to.

Thanks for any help ,
Sasha

A:Acer Crystal Eye Web Cam for a Acer Extensa 5420

On my Acer, the webcam pics are saved to the Pictures folder in my user account folder.

If they aren't there, I suggest you try re-installing the webcam driver. You can download it from Acer's website. Select the appropriate website for your country here: http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-crystal-eye-web-cam-for-a-acer-extensa-5420.1038562/
Relevancy 33.97%

Acer Care Center which was preinstalled in my Acer Aspire ES-11 ES1-131-C8RL was lost during reinstallation of Windows 10. How to get it reinstalled ?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Care-Center-which-was-preinstalled-in-my-Acer-Aspire-ES-11/td-p/452446
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi I cannot download Acer Care Center for some reason I have tried via wired and wireless connectivity with no joy The nbsp AcerCareCenterCheckTool prompts Download failed Please check your network connection and try again I have tried run as admin troubleshoot nbsp compatibility to which nbsp it fails each time The only thing that does change is when running the program sometimes it prompts Your model is supported Do you want to Acer E5-571 Acer Aspire Center Care download Acer Care Center to which I press Yes Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center then downloading dots keep moving until Download failed Please check your network connection and try again appears Is there a direct link to the actual setup file nbsp Also just to note I found W run a lot smoother when I previously installed W carrying over apps etc from nbsp This fresh install if you like upgrade carrying over nothing has killed boot times which were considerably faster previously Have I lost any vital software drivers etc carrying over nothing then manually installing drivers from Acer supports site Solved Go to Solution

A:Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center

I finally found a soluation after months of wondering why this is happening. It's my Virgin Media connection, the modem/router as when I connected to my phones wifi, teethering, Acer Care Center instantly updated so something within Virgin Medias network is blocking connectivity. I did try the Virgin Media's router as cause by diabling firewall etc. but with no joy I gave up but didn't try another connection until just now with tethering where as stated problem is sorted. I will report this to Virgin Media and post back anything relevant to this.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-571-Acer-Care-Center/td-p/397848
Relevancy 33.97%

How long does it take for the 'restore operating system and retain user data' generally take?Mines been going for just over three hours now.the restoring system bar is 100%the updating system bar is 99%select restore type has a tick beside itcheck password has a tick beside it (but the font isnt in bold like the others)notice has a tick beside itrestore destination has a tick beside itrestore progress has an arrow pointing at itthe final step is 'finished' and hasnt been marked.ive been having problems (hence the restore) and just want to check that this amount of time its taking is normal and not an indication that its not working i appreciate any advice, but please make it as easily understood as possible lol i dont know a lot about computers.thank you

A:Acer erecovery management (v7.7.3) acer aspire 574...

It's now four and a half hours since i started the restore operating system and retain user data and the screen is exactly the same. is there anyone who can tell me if this is normal? Please?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-erecovery-management-v7-7-3-acer-aspire-5742/td-p/440504
Relevancy 33.97%

I am at a loss being working on my sons computer for days now he moved it rearranging his room and it stopped working When he told me the recovery discs didn t work I found out he had deleted ALL partitions off the hard drive I will try to put down everything we have done so far so that anyone who is able to help will understand what hasn t worked or point out something we missed At this point I will tell you what I know of the computer Specs if need any other info let me know Acer T Windows XP Hard Drive Hitachi Deskstar Model HDS PLA SATA Motherboard MCP SM-AM NO FLOPPY & Harddrive Formatter Acer Acer Disk CD DRIVE I have discs I bought from Acer the bootable CD and the Recovery CD When we put in the Recovery CD it says Error Reading Disk when you hit OK blue screen of death with The windows Logon Process System Terminated unexpectedly with a status Acer Harddrive & Acer Disk Formatter CD of xc x x The system has shut down I have an actual Windows XP professional disk I used to try to restore with got to the partitions screen to see no partitions but the following repeated times where the partitions list usually is Unknown Disk There is no disk in this drive When you exit I get Setupdd sys Page Fault in nonpaged area Stop x xe cf x xf c b x Setupdd sys address f c b base at f b datestamp b d Spoke to Acer told them all the above they said to Burn onto a CD their ISO file called Post Acer Disk Formatter CD ISO Image and to put it in before the recovery disk I tried to slip it in when it asked for the recovery disk but it would just ask for the recovery disk again and ignore this CD I have tried runnig this ISO burn on its own and keep getting Ryformat error type mismatch then it goes to a box screen of asking for a name and reminding me that things will be deleted to make a back up copy I hit next and get the same ryformat error I was reading that for formatting the drive like it seems we are trying to do usually you would use a floppy drive with this ISO file on a disk using the F option during the bootable CD process yet according to Acers site it is to be a CD not a floppy and that option only looks for floppy drives I was going to try to do everything from another computer but none of my other computers support SATA and from what I can tell this computer doesn t have any open connections for another HD Also thought I would try using Nlite but that doesn t recognize either of the Acer disks when so tried the actual XP disk I have but it doesnt recognize the ISO download from Acer to get integrated So this is where I am stuck now and asking for anyone s help on how to get this drive to format I am assuming that s what the ISO file from Acer is to be doing so I can get Windows back on it and keep my kid off my computer nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

Acer TMP-M-5406: Got recovery disks from ACER but after what appears to be a successful reimage, I get a message indicating "windows boot manager has been blocked by the current security policy" and it wants an admin password, of which I've never set an admin password. Looking for a way past this..  Thanks

A:Acer TMP-M-5406: Got recovery disks from ACER but

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/how-to-fix-window-boot-manager-has-been-blo...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Acer-TMP-M-5406-Got-recovery-disks-from-ACER-but/td-p/374712/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 32.68%

I hope this isn't dumb sounding but I was wondering if Acer would be one of the top 5 laptop manufacturers? I am looking at the Acer Ferrari 4000 laptop for school and I was just wondering. I know that Toshiba is very good but for the price the Ferrari seemed like a great, great deal. Another question I would have is if anyone has the new Acer Ferrari 4000 please post and tell me how you like it. I would really trust to hear something from someone here then at Newegg.

Thanks,
Infinity

A:Acer in Top 5? (Acer Ferrari 4000)

I wouldn't look at the maker to the degree that you are. Acer is a name brand so you should not have any problems. I would concentrate on specs. As for the Ferarri it is a very powerful and good looking notebook, and it got excellent reviews. I would highly recomend the ferarri, it's deffinately going to be my next notebook.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-in-top-5-acer-ferrari-4000.395277/
Relevancy 30.53%

My Acer Aspire 5612z, Dual-core celeron, 2GB ram, vista home premium 32bit, has two separate problems. Screen is filled with vertical red blue and white vertical stripes, if I tap the screen frame then the picture is ok for 30 mins or so, then goes stripey again. (Poss fault on FL board?).
Second, Laptop boots, 20 seconds, to Acer screen then stops.
Can only switch off power from that point.

A:Acer Aspire screen problem and only boot to Acer screen

Tapping the screen you could have a loose connection from the LCD Panel to the MOBO connector, but you see if you did the screen would dim out. In your case you have the the same issues that tell me that the LCD Panel is faulty. If this unit is still under warranty then have ACER service the unit or take it to ACER dealer who can either send it back to ACER or they can order the panel and replace it for you at no cost, but then it has to be under warranty. If not you'll have to pay the cost of ordering the part, labor to install it. Find out cost prior to signing any agreement.

On your other issue, did you replace or upgrade the battery or memory? If not then remove the battery and plugin the power only. Try this again does it boot the ACER logo and Windows. Can you put your ear down to the keys or palm rest and hear the HDD spinning up?
If not either the HDD is DOA or faulty power module on the MOBO or just bad MOBO. Again same as above if it's under warranty call or take it to ACER factory service dealer.

Make sure if you had a good battery on this laptop that all switches are switched to the lock mode for the battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-screen-problem-and-only-boot-to-acer-screen.140058/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi I m hoping I m posting this at the right place if not please move A week ago my girlfriends laptop started giving an error "ACER" laptop Acer screen. stuck on message on boot saying quot No bootable device press any key quot I tried a number of suggestions I found posted online to similar issues but to no avail I didn t want to completely reset the machine since it was still under warranty so I figured if we just submitted it for repair someone might be able to save more of her files However girlfriend lost the warranty receipt We gave up searching today so I went back in to try and reset it I couldn t access the recovery partition of the hdd and gf didn t make a recovery disc So I decided to try a reset using a recovery drive I made from my own Acer laptop which like hers came with win This seemed to work so I let it do it s thing I checked back on it a while later and it was on but when I checked again it was stuck on the quot ACER quot boot screen It was stuck on there for a couple of hours not responding to any key input When I restarted it by holding power button to turn it off first it again got stuck on the Acer screen If I m quick enough I can get into BIOS during boot but not once it s stuck on the acer screen Do you have any ideas what I can do try to get this thing working again Specs Acer Aspire e - Windows HDD Toshiba MQ ABD nbsp

A:Acer laptop stuck on "ACER" screen.

Unless your laptop is the same model as you girlfriend's - or at least from the same laptop series - your recovery disk won't work, mainly because it will try to install the wrong drivers.

I think your best bet is to try to get it fixed under warranty. You may not need the receipt, you can check the laptop's warranty status here :- https://www.acer-apac.com/acer_web/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-stuck-on-acer-screen.1137935/
Relevancy 30.1%

After installing the acer portal on my computer and android phone, I took a few pictures on my phone.  When I checked my computer later on I saw that they were there and I viewed them. The next day I took some more pics with the phone and nothing worked.  Abdocs also worked the first time and then never again. Neither app is working now. Anyone have the same problem and do you have a solution?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-E5-573-Acer-portal/td-p/446175
Relevancy 29.24%

hi there everyone,
can anyone help,
Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180
i have these two computers and would like to know witch one i should upgrade,
wich one is the better computer- (
and when decided
what should i upgrade
and what are the best parts to use,
or the best way to do it,
and how do i know what parts are compatible
im not looking to spend a fortune,
but i dont mind spending a bit, as long as its worth it,
kind regards
edward

A:can anyone help, Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180

First, each model has multiple hardware specifications. So I have no way of knowing the hardware configurations of either unit that you have.

Second, upgrades are limited on OEM PC's. Your only options will be RAM and the video card. And in the case of the video card, the power supply may not be able to handle a decent card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-anyone-help-acer-aspire-m1610-or-acer-aspire-t180.1021214/
Relevancy 29.24%

hi all I have 2 acre aspire laptops one is a acer aspire 5552 and the second one is 5551-a both of them has the black screen of death I have tried a external monitor tried new ram striped Botham down and reconnected everything back to the boards also have removed the battery and held the power button for 1 min + reconnected the battery and power cable with no success any help would be great .
many thanks
Gary

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5552-and-acer-aspire-5551-a.1165973/
Relevancy 29.24%

It has worked since I bought it around 6 weeks ago but for the last week or so the connection has failed randomly. Yesterday it stopped working totally. The windows diagnostic report says that Windows could not detect a properly installed network adaptor- and to re-install the driver.How do I do this?Thanks

A:Acer Aspire Acer Aspire Switch 10 will not connec...

Hi Mills,1. Get to Device Manager(Hold Windows Key & then tap letter "X")2. Under device manager check if you find any other Devices or unknown devices,. if yes you may need another computer to download the files from acersupport.com3. If Not expand network adapters, check if you see the Wireless adapter, Right click uninstall & restart the unit.4. If the Device is not detected underOthers / Unknown devices / network adapter, please contact Acer as it is a suspected Hardware Failure.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-Acer-Aspire-Switch-10-will-not-connect-to-wireless/td-p/344379/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 29.24%

What is the difference between these 2 Notebooks??? Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HAhttp://www.amazon.com/Acer-R3-131T-P7HA-Signature-Edition-Windows/dp/B014LGK1P2 Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P344http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-R3-131T-P344-11-6-inch-Notebook/dp/B012IBOCR0 The specs seem the same. Only difference I can tell is about $50 on amazon. Thanks.

A:Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HA vs. Acer Aspire R 11...

Well the P344 is blue. I have one that is hotrodded a bit (8GB, Samsung EVO SSD) - original 500GB is now in a USB 3.0 external - and I consider it the best of all my portable devices

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P7HA-vs-Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P344/td-p/417230/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 27.52%

Could you please tell me if I can or will I be able to use Google Play Store and Android apps on my Acer C720 Chromebook.Also, can or will I be able to use Google Play Store and Android apps on the Acer CB5-311 Chromebook.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Acer-C720-Chromebook-and-Acer-CB5-311-Chromebook/td-p/456235
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey, i have two computers. My older one is a pentium one with a Acer 4x4x32. It used to work just fine, but then my bioz got screwed. Someone put a new bioz in it to fix my computer. It work just fine for about 3 months afterward. Now the drive wont even read a cd let alone burn one. I don't know how to fix the problem. I opened it up and it appears to be connected fine? The symbol for the drive is in my computer but when i click on the symbol it says "i:\ is not accessible
The device is not ready"
email me at [email protected] if you have an idea

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-cd-rw-help.40655/
Relevancy 24.08%

Has any members tried to upgrade the RAM in their AiO Z Series desktop?  I need some help, new to the forum and would appreciate any assistance that any members could provide.  Acer doesn't seem to have much on their web site on this subject, so experience trumps authority in this case. EW

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Z3-710/td-p/413948/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 24.08%

I was doing a system restore on an acer one net-book and didn't realize it had become unplugged, Well the battery died while in the middle of the process and now when i reboot it it goes to a black screen and I get an error that says "the selection failed because a required device is inaccessible"
I have tried to install from a flash drive that has xp on it but no luck

Any help would be great

KellyAnn

A:Acer One

Welcome to TSF

The the only solution that may remain is to install the operating system, which causes data loss. The Reason is One of more Windows boot items, like MBR, BCD store etc., are missing or corrupt.

Look this over
http://www.articlesbase.com/data-rec...r-1211456.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-one-484369.html
Relevancy 24.08%
Relevancy 24.08%

VERY new to the Acer computer that I am purchasing. When you first turn the power on it comes up with the Acer user picture box-and of course I haven't the foggiest idea how to put my picture in it or use the built in camera on it. Any suggestions or help would be GREATLY appreciated!

A:VERY new to Acer and don't know how to use the bui...

A model number would help a lot.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/VERY-new-to-Acer-and-don-t-know-how-to-use-the-built-in-camera/td-p/435272
Relevancy 24.08%
Q: acer tm

hi all i have a acer travemate 4220 and i can turn it on and run for as long as i like but when i close it down i have to wait half hour before i can restart as when i click power on the lights flash an it wont boot up so i changed fan an heat sinc??? still no good tried new hard drive and new ram still the same ??? so any ideas be great as to me its over heating but when it cools down it starts again

Relevancy 24.08%

After starting computer I can not start Acer portal because I get the message 'Please connect to Revo One'. How do I have to do? 

A:Acer XC-710

Hi leon3, 

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused to you. Acer Portal wasn?t affected by Revo One after we tested.
If your Acer Portal can?t use, please refer to steps below to fix the issue:

Go to [Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features] and uninstall [Acer Portal] and [AOP Framework].
Please download and install [Acer Portal] on Windows PC from Acer BYOC Apps website. 

You can also visit the Acer BYOC Apps Online Help for more information.
Hope you'll like them and have a better experience of abApps.

Acer BYOC Apps Support

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/Acer-XC-710/td-p/417867
Relevancy 24.08%

R355 of my Acer 34e monitor burned off beyond recognition. Let me know the value.What may be the possible reason. Advice please!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-34e-down.548667/
Relevancy 24.08%
Q: Acer

changed from W7 to W8
I have a acer aspire touch screen worked before upgrade now touch screen doesn't work.
any help would be nice

A:Acer

check with Acer if they have issued updated drivers
many users of all in one computers or touch screens from Packard bell & other manufacturers have also found the same problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer.1077112/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi my name is ahad.I have an acer net book.but when i on it te screen is black and the HDD light doesnt blink it started recently after putting it on my pillow what might be the problem?

after putting it on my pillow what might be the problem?Click to expand...

you may have blocked the airflow and overheated the pc

whats the exact model of the netbook

take out the battery and remove the AC adapter and hold the power switch on for at least 60 seconds

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer.1085521/
Relevancy 24.08%

I formatted my partitions and did not backup my operating system.  Can anyone please advise where I can download the factory iso so that I may make a bootable usb to reinstall the windows os? thanks,Mark

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer ES 11 iso

no iso download available but you can buy it from Acer:Acer recovery mediaUS:http://us-store.acer.com/erecovery/rcd/Canada:http://caen-store.acer.com/erecovery/rcd/if you are outside the US and Canada, you must call/email your regional Acer support service:http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/ or if your laptop had windows 10, download a vanilla version and then download Acer software or drivers 8if needed) from Acer support websitehttp://community.acer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Windows-10-Installation-Recovery-Media-Creation-and-Use/...

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-ES-11-iso/td-p/456864
Relevancy 24.08%

I reformated one of my computers and I do not have the installation disk for it. I downloaded the driver, but part-way through installing the driver, it asks to insert the installation disks. Is there a way to download the files off of the disk from anywhere? Or any other way around it?

[EDIT]: The monitor is working, but I can't change my resolution from 640x480 or my colours from 16 Colours.

Relevancy 24.08%

HiMy Chromebook has developed a series of horizontal lines and flickering when the lid is opened.I have filled out the fix my acer form twice and got a reply asking for more info twice even after giving them all they asked for.1. anyone got the same problem.2 anyone ever got an answer from fix my acer. Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/is-there-anyone-at-fix-my-acer/td-p/465555
Relevancy 24.08%

I have just bought an acer Z3 165, can someone confirm if it is a touch screen monitor or not?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Z3-165/td-p/458593
Relevancy 24.08%
Q: acer

i have just bought an "acer aspire" windows vista sp1,when i switch my monitor on then my comp' it takes nearly 10 minutes for it to start

A:acer

Are you sure it is NOT in the "Hibernation" mode?
Which can take some time to copy all of the files and programs that were open when it went into hibernation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer.753204/
Relevancy 24.08%

This is one of the windows tablets on sale at best buy for $129 Acer One 10 10.1" Intel Atom 32GB With Keyboard Silver ONE 10 S1002-145A 2-IN-1 - Best Buy
I'm only going to use this tablet maybe for music, apps, and web browsing nothing major outside of that.
Anyone have this tablet? How is it? How is it running windows 10? Are there any better windows tablets on sale black Friday?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/394717-how-acer-one-10-a.html
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey,
I'm having problems recording with my new Acer computer. Its a Acer Aspire e380 and for some reason when I'm recording (using Cooledit) I can only get a 'mono' signal. I have tried using both the 'line in' at the back and the 'mic in' on the front. Any help would be swell.
BenT

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-v-s-me.577869/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi... I purchased an Acer aspire 5735z in Germany with a german vista home premium installd .. I tried to do a win7 ultimate fresh installation ..It installed all the way to the desktop and keep shutting down and it give me an error C:\Windows/system 32/ winload .exe not found or corrupted .. installed again and again but no luckeven the repair install didn't work... any help is well apreciated.

A:Acer and Win 7

Hello,

Where did you get your copy of Windows 7? Could you have received a bad copy?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/62118-acer-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 24.08%

I was just wondering what people thought of the brand Acer when it comes to monitors?

Your thoughts?

Great monitors for people on a budget. Acer also makes very good laptops. Never had a problem with Acer hardware or software. If the monitor looks good to your eyes and the price is right, go for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer.683879/
Relevancy 24.08%
Q: Acer a

I have the Acer Aspire I purchased it about weeks ago Not long after I got it I noticed that after it went to quot sleep quot it would have issues when I tried to use it again It would be extremely slow to the point where it s impossible to do anything with it When I a Acer am finally able to hit the shut down botton something comes up saying that it s trying to close quot amd ddd aemcapturingwindow quot usually I end up hitting the power button because Acer a it takes so long When I power it back on I get an error message that says I need to restart again using ctr alt dlt which I do and when it starts it Acer a s perfectly fine until it goes into sleep mode again Should I return it for a new one or is there something that I can do EDIT- sorry about the title I accidentally hit enter before I finished typing nbsp

A:Acer a

Try updating some of your drivers here: http://us.acer.com/acer/service.do?...tx1g.c2att92=453&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=2054404012

Make sure to select the correct operating system in the drop-down box in the middle of the page. I would just do one driver at a time, restarting after each installation and then testing to see if your problem goes away. My gut says it would be the video/VGA driver, but that is just a gut.

Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-a.881516/
Relevancy 24.08%

i have windows 7 64 bit one day i suddenly can't go into windows, i tried alt f10 and it went to a screen that says please wait a moment and it has been like this for hours

and welcome to the Forum

Try booting into safe mode . . tap F8 repeatedly from the time you press the poser button

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-627406.html
Relevancy 24.08%
Q: acer v5

Hi can anyone tell me how I can add my KodakESP5210 wireless printer to my Acer V5 netbook. I've tried adding a device, search for a device etc but cant do it. Help!

A:acer v5

do you have a router
you would connect the wireless printer to the wireless router
the Acer netbook would be connected to the router

then on the acer ad a printer and choose network printer , the acer should then see the Kodak printer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-v5.1114591/
Relevancy 24.08%

i have a acer V3-771-53236G50Ma-3rd i5-3230m the hdd is not working any more clone the disk is not possible errorswhat can i do???How to install a new hdd with win 10 with serials(standing on the old HDD)How to prepare a new hddthnx

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/HDD-acer-V3-771/td-p/464672
Relevancy 24.08%

why is it that when i receive emails with links to go to a website when i click on it it makes a beeping sound and shows me the website address but wont let me click on to that website please help me i desperately need to figure this out

ok so what do i need to do to fix this problem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-350552.html
Relevancy 24.08%

I'm just wondering whether these specs of a desktop that i'm hoping to buy are any good for high quality gaming graphics and speed. For games like empire total war. If these specs are not good enough please could anyone recommend a suitable setup for high quality graphic gaming. :

Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 processor.2.66GHz processor speed.3MB cache.4GB DDR2 RAM.320GB SATA hard drive capacity.Blu-ray drive with DVD-RW/+RW.nVidia GeForce G100 graphics card with 256MB graphics memory.Microsoft Windows Vista PremiumMany thanks

A:Acer ASX

Hello Miniscule 24,
This site will tell you what games you can run.
Its not definitive, but will give you a guide.

Can You Run It

Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/270469-acer-asx.html
Relevancy 24.08%

What do you think about ACER 5720Z and how much do you think it worths?

http://www.gadgetvalue.com/?gclid=CN3WpL_vxJACFQNTHgod9T9MOA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer.95183/
Relevancy 24.08%

VERY new to the Acer computer that I am purchasing. When you first turn the power on it comes up with the Acer user picture box-and of course I haven't the foggiest idea how to put my picture in it or use the built in camera on it. Any suggestions or help would be GREATLY appreciated!

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/VERY-new-to-Acer-and-don-t-know-how-to-use-the-built-in-camera/td-p/435272/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello, ok so i didint know what category to choose because i dont quite know whats wrong with my pc, the model is Acer aspire 5750G so i installed Windows7 Ultimate on it from Windows7 Home Premium and my PC rating went down rom 5.9 to 4.5 and the games now are SLow much slower and i dont know what to do i formated my disk when i installed new windows i got the drivers from Acer.com Worldwide - Select your local country or region i type in my pc model and they gave showed my the drivers i need seem like i did everything allright but yet its so much slower....

Check for hidden updates just to make sure you have everything. Also, do a disc cleanup from the Start menu. Did you actually format from the Advanced menu or merely choose format for the installation? There is a difference.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-665841.html
Relevancy 24.08%

After starting computer I can not start Acer portal because I get the message 'Please connect to Revo One'. How do I have to do? 

A:Acer XC-710

Hi leon3, 

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused to you. Acer Portal wasn?t affected by Revo One after we tested.
If your Acer Portal can?t use, please refer to steps below to fix the issue:

Go to [Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features] and uninstall [Acer Portal] and [AOP Framework].
Please download and install [Acer Portal] on Windows PC from Acer BYOC Apps website. 

You can also visit the Acer BYOC Apps Online Help for more information.
Hope you'll like them and have a better experience of abApps.

Acer BYOC Apps Support

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/Acer-XC-710/td-p/417867/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 24.08%

hi iv got a acer all in one i downloaded the internet drivers on it yesterday and today it wont turn on, i press the on button it come on then goes black then a constant beeping noise and i haven't got a clue what else to do.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/acer-all-in-one-1072426.html
Relevancy 24.08%

hi iv got a acer all in one i downloaded the internet drivers on it yesterday and today it wont turn on, i press the on button it come on then goes black then a constant beeping noise and i haven't got a clue what else to do.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/acer-all-in-one-1072434.html
Relevancy 24.08%

I have just bought an acer Z3 615, can someone confirm if it is a touch screen monitor or not?

[edited model number for clarity]

A:Acer Z3 615

Hello,

That depends on the model. Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Z3-615/td-p/458593
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello
I apologize for the lack of information but I am trying to help a relative long distance who knows even less than I do about pcs.
He had his Acer worked on at Staples and when he got home, he could not get Comcast. Staples told him to go to Comcast.
I think he has Win 7 so shouldn't he click on the icon lower right for internet access and try to enter his password.
I think that should work but if he does not know his password, I think he could call Comcast for an interim one until he can set up his own.
If it does not work, I think he could right click and click trouble shooting or even to open the network and sharing center.
Again I apologize for the lack of information but I will contact him and ask for more details.
Do any of my suggestions hold water?
Thank you.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/27161-acer.html
Relevancy 24.08%

hello, it sounds like I'm getting an Acer with Windows XP Pro on it. My question is this:Is the layout any different than that of a Dell? Where can I find the drivers I'll need to install, etc. ?any help is appreciated!,Jesse

A:Getting An Acer

The basic keyboard will be the same. The Fn keys may be layed out some what different. Which drivers did you need?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/57567/getting-an-acer/
Relevancy 24.08%

Has any members tried to upgrade the RAM in their AiO Z Series desktop?  I need some help, new to the forum and would appreciate any assistance that any members could provide.  Acer doesn't seem to have much on their web site on this subject, so experience trumps authority in this case. EW

A:Acer Z3-710

@ervinwalker2 Hey man I notice no one has replied to your question yet? What is up with Acer? I just bought an Acer Z3 AIO Desktop and just wanted to know if and how to upgrade the RAM in it. I searched their so called support website and could find nothing. I wanted to know how many slots are there and if I have to buy the whole 16gb or can I just add 8gb to the existing 8gb. Which knowing how these technology companies work I am sure they will force me to buy a whole new 16gb set.So did you ever find an answer to your question?Thanks man

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Z3-710/td-p/413948
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi,I have an Acer Z-3610, sometime the screen turns off, appears "PC Monitor - No Signal" and shortly after the PC is switched off, if for example I start the "dxdiag", this happens immediately. I tried to update the drivers, replace those that are downloaded from the Acer website, reinstall Direct X, reinstall Win 10, but nothing always the same problem.Can you help me?

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Z-3-640/td-p/466306
Relevancy 24.08%

While removing a short cut for opening a program that was in the Task Manager startup I noticed that the Acer Portal file was also in it. Does this mean it is also running in the background on start up? And, if so can I move it so it does not run during start up? I have not activated any of the Acer apps and at this time do not plan on doing so. I have specialized the use of this laptop and at this time do not plan to use any of the Acer apps.  The Apps file is enabled in the Task Manager. Can I just disable it so that it will not run on startup?Thanks 

A:Acer Portal

Anyone know how to get new software updates firewall etc for computer free from acer

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/Acer-Portal/td-p/346172/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 24.08%

A little while back i had to wipe out my entire computer and now i go to play dvds and they wont play at all and they are suppose to play through acer arcade or windows media player (which also doesnt work anymore). any help is appreciated

A:Acer Arcade

i use VLC media player www.videolan.org its free to download. Plays all formats.

otherwise you will need to down load a codec pack to get wmp to work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-arcade.774096/
Relevancy 24.08%

hello all!
i bought my daughter an acer laptop for christmas and it has been fine up to now but she is now not able to log on at all and is very upset, can anyone give me some pointers on how to solve this please?????