Windows Support Forum

Key board issue...

Q: Key board issue...

The "enter" key on my laptop (inspiron 1525) changed functionality last night. Now when I press "enter" rather than moving to the next line or to the next cell or to complete a formula in excel, it starts up my Window's Media Center. How can I correct this? Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Key board issue...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Key board issue...

Hi and welcome to TSF

try a restore point before this happened.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/key-board-issue-627436.html
Relevancy 60.2%

amd xp (Long get issue?)....before Thread) call new I a fix ideas(power/board for Last board palomino on a ga- vt winxp sp i upgraded video ram in my computer and now i can t even get the old what was replaced stuff to work here s a few things to list install new vid card update drivers settings reboot no picture to monitor unistall reinstall card boot and monitor has picture install another gig of ram boot no picture take new ram out boot no picture take new card out put new card in boot no picture take new card out Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) put old card in boot no Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) picture take all memory out try known good stick in all slots boot and no picture put all back in boot no picture turn power on and watch the led fans run on my lb paper weight it s a never ending combination that i ve tried here and i cannot get a picture on this monitor i ve swapped monitors around and all are good i ve put components from this computer into another computer and they all worked something is not letting this thing boot up i get no picture to the screen and no beeps sounds or anything else i turn the computer on and you hear the fans hard drives and burners powering up and everything but there is no picture going to the monitor it sounded like bad memory because i ran into a case of that before but all the components still work when placed into the other computer my last guess is the board has gone sour i was reading other posts and people have mentioned the power supply but where do i check that at it s a codegen w ps came with the case which was also made by gigabyte i m assuming since it is stamped all over the place if i can t find help with that problem then how about some suggestions for a new board since my options have opened up some because i ve been told my pc sticks will work on board that are rated below that they just have to be able to take gb per slot here s the components - amd xp palomino socket a - maxtor gb hd - maxtor gb hd - x dl dvd r rw drive - x x cd r rw drive - floppy drive - mb ddr pci nvidia geforce mx - mb savageIII agp will probably be placed in storage - gb pc mhz ddr sdram - mb pc mhz ddr sdram i m leaning toward an asus board but the abit s are cheaper and i won t be asking a lot out of the computer except reliabilty sorry for the long thread but i can t think of anything else that would be wrong except board or power supply tia for your help - tag nbsp

A:Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/last-call-for-fix-ideas-power-board-issue-before-i-get-a-new-board-long-thread.423093/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an on board VGA of 256MB RAM on it. But when I went to buy a 3D game in a local software shop, they said that game wouldn't work because my PC just have an on board VGA. They said if the VGA is a card which plugs to a slot, the game would work. What's the different? Can I add such a card additionally ? Whether the on board VGA & the card together give me high performence ?

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi everyone Just wanted some input on a situation that I'm currently facing An Athlon desktop was brought to me for repairs when the Windows XP on it ceased to boot I then tried their CD which was scratched to the brim and it didn't this Board Is a Issue? install properly I then Is this a Board Issue? tried as an evaluation copy my Windows CD on the machine It installed fine for several days until the owner came to pick it up Wanting to present the fixed desktop Is this a Board Issue? to recommend they got another copy of their Windows XP CD it had a BCD error So I was a bit so I was a bit surprised and told him that I'd look further into it I figured it was the HDD that was corrupted and true enough when testing it with HDTune it had several bad sectors I replaced that SATA drive with another one I had which was a known good drive and it did the same thing Windows couldn't even install properly this time I figured this was an issue with either the SATA controller or the PSU But after several unexpected quot power -offs quot from the machine I decided it was the PSU which I just replaced with a brand new one I then formatted and imaged the machine just in case Same thing happened again after a day with the owner It's now back with me I did notice something else though Almost always when booting onto safe mode or any live environment such as Parted Magic Hiren's Boot CD MiniXP I get a garbled display It finally went back to having an issue with the BCD after several attempts to start it in different modes Perhaps this is just a side effect of hard power offs I can't say it's a on board GPU problem since it doesn't happen even spending hours on DOS environments I'm certainly confused right now and I just imaged the machine right now and I'm thinking on it I'd love some input on this Currently I'm leaning towards replacing the motherboard I've already done a memtest for the RAM and that seems to be in order Any input on this will surely help Thanks

A:Is this a Board Issue?

you could try different SATA ports, but it sounds like there is something broken in the CPU or mobo as they are the only ones that can screw up data in a HDD other than the HDD itself and RAM that are clean as you said.

Using a relatively high-end (10 years ago anywa, for nowadays standards it is trashy) 64mb GPU would be A LOT better than whatever that board has as integrated graphics, but I think that it's unrelated with the main issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/273182-board-issue.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Im dealing with a Asus Pundit-R pc and this type has the intergrated sound , now im running Windows 98 se. I installed the sound drivers that came with the disk from Asus and everything works like the sound, but I keep getting a BSOD "Fatal Exception Errror" and the error is the sound driver. Now even though the disk does have 98 drivers for it, the pc is does recommend running windows 2000/XP for optimal performance. So my next step is I disabled the on-board sound, and install a pci sound card, now that installs fine but you hear no sound at all, so its either keep running the on-board sound and get "bsod", or run the sound from the pci card and get no "bsod" and no sound. Heres is the link to the pc..http://usa.asus.com/products/desktop/pundit-r/overview.htm

A:An on-board sound issue..

Did you install the ATI chipset drivers first before loading the other drivers??
With the new sound card, did you install the drivers for it??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/an-on-board-sound-issue.337294/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I am new here so i didn t really know where to put this so i chose this topic If it is wrong i m sorry anyways i have an IBM T i don t really know anything about it i got it used about a year ago christmas It was fine up until about months ago One day it just froze up It would not do ANYTHING so i turned it off I tried to turn it back on and nothing happened It acts like it s on the lights light up they power-on light is on and the battery light is green which means it is fully charged But it will not come on I ve researched and some people have an issue with quot stuck in standby mode quot This is not the issue for me i m sure The standby light HELP! System Board Issue? is HELP! System Board Issue? not on When i HELP! System Board Issue? turn it on it makes four short beeps four times like quot beep beep HELP! System Board Issue? beep beep pause beep beep beep beep pause beep beep beep beep pause beep beep beep beep quot I kept researching and all it says is four beeps means system board I don t know if something is WRONG with the system board or what it means I don t even know what the system board is Can someone PLEASE help me i have been trying to fix my laptop for over two months now Thank you EDIT OS XP nbsp

A:HELP! System Board Issue?

I think you`re probably correct in thinking this is a problem with the system board. See HERE.

If that is indeed the case, then you only have two choices. 1: Get the laptop repaired. This could be quite expensive and it`s up to you whether you feel it`s worth spending money on.

2: Buy a new laptop.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-system-board-issue.88105/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Gateway GT5252 Desktop here at work from one of my co workers friends. The on board video died. She put in a PCI Express Graphics Card. There is still no video. We think we need to go into the BIOS and change the information related to graphics around to do the PCI Express Graphics Card instead of the on board. The problem is that when we boot it up it wont show anything. Any suggestions? If anyone can post by the end of the day (230/245) that would be great that way we can get started on fixing the issue really fast.

thank you

Relevancy 48.59%

when i press start button i am not able to start my computer.
i checked every cable by reinserting again.
cpu fan is running slowly and smps fan also running. but i am not able to see any light on mother board.
So please try to provide the solution

Relevancy 48.16%

So recently for the last few months my PC has been running oddly slow and about 4 days ago the PC would not boot up BIOS. The HD seems fine, I took a look at the caps on the Mother board and they look ok, but who really knows since I cant test  for leakage and etc. has anyone else had this issue with the 500 Series. I did roll back win 10 to an early version of win 10 but I think this is more of some part on the main board going bad.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-500-010-xt-series-Mother-Board-issue/td-p/5650857
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Gigabyte motherboard GA-7DPXDWP and am expereinceing a problem where the bios does not pick up the hard drive, I have tried it as Master/Slave and cable select. At first I taught it was the new hard drive, but I tried two others and the same problem.

What I have found is that a harddrive with an O/S instaled will boot, but it does not show up in the BIOS. If I try to boot with a new hard drive I get error "ntloader" not present.

I have tried flashing the bios to no joy.

Can some one shed some light on this.

A:Gigabyte mother board issue

Have you tried a different ribbon and/or the other IDE port on the motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-mother-board-issue.26651/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an Alienware Sentia M and for a while now I have been having problems getting it to charge It board issue power Laptop seems as though there are problems with the power circuit Laptop power board issue board and or DC jack because the computer does not know when it is plugged in the battery icon in the taskbar always shows that it is plugged in and because if that I cannot tell when the plug has wiggled loose and so if Laptop power board issue I am using the laptop for any prolonged time and the plug does wiggle loose it does not take much for this to happen and I don t realize it I don t receive any low battery warnings or anything the only way I know the plug has come out in this case is when the computer completely dies and shuts off Does anyone know why this might be happening If it helps the area of the computer where the DC jack is located often becomes extremely hot-- to the point where I can t even touch it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-power-board-issue.836083/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all

I recently bought myself a new motherboard so i could use more & faster RAM (MSI Intel Dual Core EXTREME BUNDLE)
Problem is it came with a onboard 7.1 sound card which at first i though was handy, but now i've realise that windows isn't recognising the sound card, its not even appearing in Device Manager and i cant find any audio settings anywhere in the BIOS so i'm a bit stuck.

Was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions, Cheers

P.S heres a Link to my exact Motherboard Specs http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=a97ht&source=15&SD=Y

Relevancy 47.3%

I'm guessing that it's probably just a compatibility issue... or just how it is, but I'm curious:

I updated my laptop from Windows XP Pro to Windows 7 Pro a while back. It started out as just a minor inconvenience, but it's getting to be very annoying. When I plug in my external speakers (via the headphone jack) or my headphones, Windows doesn't automatically switch the sound output to the headphone jack. I have to manually switch it ("Manage Audio Devices"). The same is true for the reverse, when I unplug my headphones.

Is there any way around this, or is it likely an issue with the compatibility of my sound card?

Please and thank you!

A:Headphone jack/on board speaker issue

Do you have the correct Windows 7 drivers for your Audio system? The XP drivers are not compatible and you need at a minimum Vista drivers as Vista and Windows 7 handle sound functions differently than XP.

On most newer "HD Audio" systems the jack is "auto sensing" and switches "logically". On many older PC systems that is a mechanical function with the jack.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/64275-headphone-jack-board-speaker-issue.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I just bought the computer. Tried updating drivers, tried the drivers on the asus disk in box. tried all settings for sound, volume, real manager, playback. I am having no luck. One fix I find on the net is over my head. here is the link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=253642&st=0&p=1663125&#entry1663125.
Any help is aprciated.

A:p8p67-m Mother board no audio issue

Just Bought the Computer? Warranty it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407281/p8p67-m-mother-board-no-audio-issue/
Relevancy 47.3%

So recently I got a new monitor assuming that something is wrong with my old one. But the same problem occurs, my monitor still goes blank! Well, ever since I switched my video card (same time I got my old monitor) I was experiencing that problem. People at the store are no help at all since they are so clueless!

So I came to this conclusion, its either my video card that's experiencing problems or my mother board is getting out dated or whatsoever. (I got it back in 2003 and its Pentium 4 hyper-threading) My current mother board doesn't have a monitor slot on the pentium, only has a slot where the video card is. I don't think that could be a problem because when I had my old video card, I never experienced any problems. Please help.

A:Video card or mother board issue?

Youre going to have to be a little more specific about the problem. When does the screen go blank? What type of video card are you running? And a Pentium 4 w/ HT is by no means outdated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-or-mother-board-issue.500104/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, the space bar, forward slash, and b and n buttons have stopped working! Any ideas why and how to fix? Many thanks.

A:Dell Latitude E5410 key board issue

Pezzabuzz said:

Hi, the space bar, forward slash, and b and n buttons have stopped working! Any ideas why and how to fix? Many thanks.Click to expand...

could try hitting shift key 5 times to bring up the message alert for sticky keys. follow the options for disabling them.

also, have you tried an external keyboard? Have you tried cleaning the keyboard with the machine off and a can of compressed air?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-e5410-key-board-issue.1171684/
Relevancy 46.87%

Good evening I recently purcahsed a nbsp Asus geforce gtx from a friend and a new Thermaltake TR W Graphics Mother board compatibility and card issue? power supply for my computer nbsp nbsp I installed them both and turned my computer on nbsp All components had power the computer stalled at the HP blue loading screen with the hand nbsp It gave me the option to enter boot mode but would not allow me to access it nbsp There was a single beep with a long pause and then another beep this hapened for a bit and then multiple beeps but would not allo me past that screen nbsp nbsp I reinstalled my older graphics card and left the new power supply back in The computer started up fine and I am still able to use it nbsp I tried installing the card again made sure all connections were good but received the same Mother board and Graphics card compatibility issue? result nbsp nbsp I did not take off any of the existing drivers or was unable to insatll the cd drivers that came with the card nbsp CPU - HP Pavilion nbsp p - cGraphics Card - ASUS nbsp GTX -DC OC- GD Power Supply - Thermaltake TR W nbsp Thank you Curtis

A:Mother board and Graphics card compatibility issue?

Greetings, The GTX 760 requires UEFI BIOS. It will not initialize. You have to go with Nvidia GTX 600 series cards or look at Sapphire Legacy/UEFI cards. MSI and Gigabyte offer newer Nvidia cards with Legacy/UEFI  BIOS also. Cheers!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Mother-board-and-Graphics-card-compatibility-issue/td-p/5616642
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi - I think the audio hw on my mother board is shot. It's an emachine 3418 running win/xp.

Up until a few days ago it was working fine (had sound). Now nothing. The diagnostic properties for the device say it's working fine. But it's not. Desk speakers don't work, nor headphones. Also the front jack doesn't produce either.

Wondering, can I just put a PCI audio card in, and override the sound card on the motherboard?

Alternative debugging techniques welcome. Thanks in advance guys & gals.

Ed

A:Virgin post on this board - Realtek audio issue

Yes, you can install a PCI audio card. Just remember to disable onboard sound in the bios after you install the new sound card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virgin-post-on-this-board-realtek-audio-issue.89056/
Relevancy 46.44%

Subject computer 18 months old started giving various power supply indications 3 Aug. DC In light would blink, battery sometimes charge and sometimes not, would shut off, computer would not complete a boot on main power with battery removed.

Computer limped along for 8 days then failures stabilized. DC In light steady on mains power, battery indication is " 0% charge, not charging". Battery should have about 70% charge and computer boots properly on battery. I assume the on-board power supply unit is u/s.

Any comments or advice much appreciated. I am currently traveling in the middle of Australia.

Thanks, David.

A:Qosmio G50 (PQG55A-024020) - Onboard power board issue

I should have added that the Battery Indicator light is off at all times.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?55701-Qosmio-G50-(PQG55A-024020)-Onboard-power-board-issue
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello All I ve been having this issue while playing on Asus P4P800S-X Sound On-Board Board games lately I just got an Intel Ghz Prescott with Gig of DDR ram and I m now using an ATI Radeon by Sapphire MB DDR I dont have a sound card so I m using the one on-board that comes with On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board the Asus P P S-X motherboard SoundMax While im playing a game after a reboot everything is fine for about a minute then the video starts lagging and lagging and getting worse and worse Its like it locks up more and more and the sound cuts alot To the point that its not even close to being fun playing anymore The game On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board im playing is Guild Wars which requires alot less than I have I also talk on Skype at the same time and when I m fighting or more guys I cant even hear anything on Skype I have a mbps connection on cable And this is with the game graphics at the lowest Now get this If I disable the audio in the Bios and load up the game with full graphics smooth nice game play I ve tested playing a long time and its perfect with no lag at all Now I m guessing that is pretty conclusive Should I get a Sound Blaster Live or could it still be something else Conflicts Im also running windows xp sp Thanks for taking the time XeroVariX -- lt SYSTEM CONFIGURATION gt -- On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board CPU Pentium GHz Mhz FSB MEMORY Gig DDR RAM MOTHERBOARD Asus P P S-X Intel Chipset Mhz FSB CASE Watt Power Supply VIDEO CARD Sapphire ATI Radeon MB DDR AGP HARD DRIVE Quantum Fireball GIG RPM ND HARD DRIVE Western Digital GIG RPM DVD-R DRIVE LG X DVD Burner SOUND CARD SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio NETWORK CARD On-Board Realtek RTL Family PCI MONITOR Viewsonic quot M B KEYBOARD Key PS MOUSE Logitech MX Optical Mouse USB CONNECTION Mbit Cable OS Windows XP Pro Service Pack nbsp

A:On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board

Have you loaded the motherboard makers sound chip drivers, or is it just limping along on the default Windows drivers? Might make a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-on-asus-p4p800s-x-board.419647/
Relevancy 40.85%

ok bought a barebones pc of ebay Came with a pc chips board wouldnt post reset jumpers and after a week of trying to get it to work finally said it was ead and went and bought a MSI KT board thinking this will fix problem installed cpu and heat sink installed board into case and installed stick of pc turned it on but same thing happened as before board to msi board..same chips from problem pc with pc chips board fans on cpu and vga card from pc chips board to msi board..same problem spin but just a black screen rset jumpers to clear and reset back tried again still wouldnt boot checked to make sure it board wasnt touching case and shorting from pc chips board to msi board..same problem out but everything seems to be good there theres no beep codes same as with pc chips board KT board comes with a pci slot attachment with usb and led error light when i start pc the light stay on red In manual it says that means cpu is not installed correctly from pc chips board to msi board..same problem or either it is damages reseated cpu and used some artic silver but still same thing and led light stay red im thinking there was nothing wrong with pc chips board just like theres nothing wrong with msi board Could it be the power supply It has a cheap power supply HERCULES is the name on it it weighs almost nothing Ive tried different stick of memory and vga card only things that are comman with problem cpu a AMD Athlon XP mhz and this cheap power supply The problem has to be with either the cpu or power supply thats what im thinking nbsp

A:from pc chips board to msi board..same problem

If ur not posting and considering what u've done coupled with the MSI diagnostics it is very likely there is a problem with this cpu.
You need to get a hold of another compatible AMD cpu just to see if u can post, from there u can confront the ebay seller for any restitution ovr the cpu if there was any kind of guarantee offered at all with the purchased items.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-pc-chips-board-to-msi-board-same-problem.242873/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi friends,
I have windows xp sp2 on 80gb harddisk , mother board mercury make,intel processor now this mercury mother borad what i have donot support ddr2 RAM, i had moved harddisk to intel motherboard box.

i am able to detect harddisk and windows apologies to start safe , last good menu and start normally and command prompt appears, i tried all options but fail to start windows xp.

MY IDEA IS AFTER LOGGING INTO WINDOWS , LOAD INTEL MOTHER BOARD DRIVERS.
Pl. find me solution to loginto windows and resume work.
THANK YOU

Regards
Vinod

A:moved windows xp sp2 harddisk from mercury mother board to intel mother board

welcome
you cant use the same xp on another motherboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/moved-windows-xp-sp2-harddisk-from-mercury-mother-board-to-intel-mother-board-354286.html
Relevancy 33.54%

So Dell made a really terrible 15 Series power 15 Can a board power board? a with Inspiron Dell Dell I Series Inspiron 5000 replace 7000 decision nbsp They have a transparent strip in the power button for an LED light to indicate if the power is on nbsp A power indicator is a given in any laptop no matter how cheap it is nbsp However Dell in all of it Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board? s genius decided to not include an LED bulb on laptops up to the Inspiron Series despite leaving a transparent slot for it nbsp Seriously what happened to this brand nbsp Do children make these laptops now I want to fix this as my laptop is no longer returnable and a power indicator is absolutely necessary nbsp So the only thing I can think of is replacing it with one from the Series somehow Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board? with some help probably This is a Dell Inspiron nbsp I also have an Inspiron nbsp Not sure which exact model I should get the part for Are they compatible Is there an easier way Like how Fn H turns on the hard drive indicator Thanks

A:Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board?

The systems use different case and mainboard designs -- and may even be made by different companies.  The answer in all likelihood is no.
I don't think Apple has produced a Macbook with a power indicator -- the PC vendors are playing follow Apple.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981673
Relevancy 32.25%

Hey I recently put together a PC and I ve been having problems with it since When I initially built it the specs were i GHz Asus p t Motherboard gb RAM gb Sata II HD ATI Radeon Mobo issue? during restart PC PSU issue? tasks. issue? graphic-intensive GPU HD x the card PC restart during graphic-intensive tasks. PSU issue? GPU issue? Mobo issue? with with GPU s W unbranded PSU added m coolermaster fan Shortly after I started using my PC there was a power surge that knocked the power supply out I recently got a new PC restart during graphic-intensive tasks. PSU issue? GPU issue? Mobo issue? power supply A PC restart during graphic-intensive tasks. PSU issue? GPU issue? Mobo issue? W Silverstone PSU that I thought was more than enough for this The problem that would occur now is that the computer would restart during games and sometimes while processing rendering videos in adobe premiere When I would enable the crossfire option on my card to enable both GPU s to work the computer would no longer just restart the entire screen would hang or the colours would go out of sync shortly after which I d have to restart the computer This having happened I assumed the problem was with the graphics card not the new W silverstone I got I upgraded to a newer card Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX mb The specs are now as follows i GHz Asus p t Motherboard gb RAM gb Sata II HD Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX mb W silverstone PSU added m coolermaster fan After upgrading games like modern warfare will restart in missions that has a lot of smoke during a standard windows assessment process the computer will also restart There is no overheating issue the temperatures are normal Total power requirement falls well below W The graphics card is brand new So now I m thinking it is either the PSU that is faulty or the mobo that got screwed during the surge or possibly given my general luck in things the new graphics card is faulty but since i was having the exact same problem with the old graphics card that seems unlikely Any help would be appreciated I ve been at this for over weeks now with no end Thanks -A nbsp

A:PC restart during graphic-intensive tasks. PSU issue? GPU issue? Mobo issue?

You've got Asus motherboard, hence the first thing I'll look at considering the issues you are having, is at RAM settings/voltage in the board's BIOS, these should be exactly the same as on RAM packaging, but even that doesn't guarantee that it may not be the issue, so basically you'll need to fiddle around a bit with settings/voltage in case default specs doesn't work.

You may also consider stress testing your graphic card using OCCT (including vRam). Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restart-during-graphic-intensive-tasks-psu-issue-gpu-issue-mobo-issue.153842/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello all and Happy New Year,

Recent problem with a 5 year old HP desktop.

Turn it on it goes through the BIOS and starts up as normal. Once it gets to the Windows 7 introduction screen it freezes. It never makes it to the desktop screen.

What do you guys think? virus? HP problem? win7 problem?

opinions please.

thanks

A:Windows 7 issue? Virus/Malware issue? or HP issue? i don't know

Hi test the hardware memtest 86 + for the ram and seatools for dos on the hard drive if they pass ok then you could try a start up repair from your install or recovery disc.
download the pre-built iso zip from here Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool and burn to a disc unzip it first use imgburn The Official ImgBurn Website to burn the iso to disc Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums
SeaTools for DOS tutorial

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-issue-virus-malware-issue-or-hp-issue-i-dont-know-681903.html
Relevancy 30.53%

okay for a while now i screwed my computer over and i burns it lol so i was useing my laptop ( i gave to my dad ) until i get a new comp. i hate typeing on the lap top key boards because i keep hiting the mouse my mistake and it jumps lines ( built in mouse ) and so i connected a USB kep board to it, now that when i un-plug the USB key board the original key board is F***ed like when i hit p its puts a - and its realy anoying and my dads going to be realy mad, can you help me fix it?

Relevancy 30.53%

I have 2 keys on my keyboard that don't respond when hit. They are the letter B & N. Any ideas on whats causing this? Tried using different key board
with same results

A:key board

try a system restore to a previous date when it was working fine...you may have added or removed software recently that corrupted your keyboard driver did you say you tried a USB keyboard too and it did not work or vice versa if your original keyboard is a USB keyboard,,,then did you try a PS2 Keyboard and it did not work either...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/key-board-452712.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I posted an earlier question about "PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, Check Cable"
I've been intouch with HP who told me it was probably the Hard Drive & the MB but a local PC store says that both are unlikely to be down, he tried to connect to the HD using an adapter but he couldn't detect it. So it's most likely the HD. Before I go buying a new HD I read about a PCB Board for sale on Ebay that fixes 50% of bad drives. I'm not sure of the likelyhood of this working - could it really work? and is it easy to change whatever I have to change?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEAGATE-ST98082...ageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

Thanks.

Relevancy 30.53%

Good day everyone I am working a machine laptop Bug on Board that the ie stopped opening Owner was not using any anti-virus or anti-spyware software AFter working on machine I have found that ie won t open at all Spybot S amp D won t install AVG won t update and Ad-Aware won t update I installed firefox from external hard drive which works just fine I have done online scans HouseCall and scanned with AVG outdated and Ad-Aware outdated all of which found items and cleaned them up Still with same issue Went online and ran hi-jack this and removed several more items to no avail Installed webroot anti-spyware which says there is a trojan among other cookies but won t tell me where it is or clean it w o forking over I am not Bug on Board sure that I believe webroot The hijack this log follows Any assistance provided would be greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system Bug on Board winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity Bug on Board WRConsumerService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www toshiba com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www toshibadirect com dpdstart O - BHO Ask com Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - Toolbar Ask com Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - HKLM Run DLCCCATS quot rundll quot C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X DLCCtime dll email protected O - HKLM Run dlccmon exe quot C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlccmon exe quot O - HKLM Run lxcrmon exe quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxcrmon exe quot O - HKLM Run EzPrint quot C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe quot O - HKLM Run FaxCenterServer quot C Program Files Lexmark Fax Solutions fm exe quot s O - HKLM Run LXCRCATS quot rundll quot C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LXCRtime dll email protected O - HKLM Run tsnpstd quot C WINDOWS tsnpstd exe quot O - HKLM Run snpstd quot C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier quot C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleSyncNotifier exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck quot C WINDOWS system dumprep quot -k O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY quot C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe quot O - HKLM Run Ad-Watch quot C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe quot O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeperUI exe quot startintray O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run TOSCDSPD quot C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe quot O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Kodak EasyShare software lnk C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe O - Global Startup KODAK Software Updater lnk C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmback... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bug-on-board.812783/
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm planning on upgrading my processor later on to a core 2 duo e6750. The thing is what motherboard should I get because right now I'm on a dell E510 and the current motherboard in my computer doesn't support core 2 duo processors.
What's a good motherboard that will fit and is not too pricey?

Thanks.

A:What board?

You are likely better off building a whole new pc, rather than try to upgrade a dell. You may run into problems and find out that only other dell parts will fit your case.

If you think that you may want to upgrade in the future then it is best to build your own pc and stay away from propriatary parts. This way you won't have to worry about adding a new psu, mobo, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-board.652384/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi all.
First post here and it a question....my pc is over 4 yrs old running at 755mghz.
I know ****all about motherboards and cpu`s so do you think i should get a new board and bigger cpu or should i just get the bigger cpu???
Thanks in advance.

A:My Mo Board

Well there are a few things to consider while making this decision. First off, if you are fine with the performance of your current computer, then I don't see a need to update it and spend the money. But if you are looking for something a little faster or newer, then I would definately look into updating.
If you are interested in updating it, we will need more information on what type of motherboard you have, to see how fast of a processor it can take. But if it is 4 years old I am thinking you might need to get a new motherboard and CPU.
Post back with your system specs, or fill them out in your proflie

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-mo-board.12459/
Relevancy 30.53%

hello i have recently upgraded my ram on my dfi lanparty 790fx dark mobo it has an amd 9550 phenom quad core processor 2.2ghz the ram i just put in it is dominator 1066 dual channel 2 gig sticks and after doing the computer now reads processor as 1.6ghz and me nor my room mate can figure out what the problem is so if anyone can please help

A:Not too sure if this is the right board but...

Did you chk the multiplier in bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-too-sure-if-this-is-the-right-board-but.114564/
Relevancy 30.53%

The XPS 13 laptop has an LED board in it. The board plugs into the motherboard, but it's not really clear to me what's for. The board is pictured here, www.ebay.com/.../262105473513

A:What is the LED board for?

It holds the system LEDs -- charging, power, etc.  They're on the front edge of the palmrest in this model.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993164
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a gigabyte ga-m57sli-s4 and I was looking at going to an AM2+ processor at some point in the future. Have to figure out other problems first. I know the board will "work" with the newer AMDs but Gigabyte says:

(Note) If you install AMD AM2+ CPU on AM2 motherbord, the system bus speed will downgrade from HT3.0(5200MHz) to HT1.0(2000 MT/s) spec; however, the frequency of AM2+ CPU will not be impacted.

What does this mean exactly? Would a quad or tri with this impact act any better than my x2 5000 black (currently OC to 3.1). Do I need a newer board to run these in any way that will show gains.

I guess the main reason I'm asking is that Vista says my CPU has the lowest performance index of any of my parts. Like your thoughts. Thanks.

A:AM2+ in AM2 Board

It means that the HyperTransport link (the bus which connects the CPU to the rest of the system) will not be as fast as possible. I don't think it will bring a performance degradation on a desktop system though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am2-in-am2-board.108620/
Relevancy 30.53%

hellow getsi live in pakistan. i hv HP envy 15 - 3207tx model B8M39PA. some keys of my laptop do not function. mechenics say it should be replaced. i did not find any key board in peshawar,  islam abad and even in lahore. its key board No is 668834-001. kindly help me how can i get key board. thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/key-board/td-p/5781751
Relevancy 30.53%

Having problem with my key board. I can't seem to get the letter B or N to work. any suggestions? I changed key boards which didn't help an run all scans and did system restore. Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/key-board.880563/
Relevancy 30.53%

I need help in locating drivers for a 648 MAX MSI motherboard, and I also need help in locating drivers for the network card also. Its ethernet

any help would be appreciated, I have XP-home edition installed on the computer

A:648 Max MSI board

I guess this is your board.
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=648_Max-L&class=mb

You have a sis chipset, so you look for sis, xp, drivers for whatever device you want.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_list.php?part=1

I think the top driver here is for your lan.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_list.php?part=1&kind=2&CHIP=2&COM=16

I think the top one here is agp.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_list.php?part=1&kind=1&CHIP=1&COM=3

Or you can get drivers from sis.
http://www.sis.com/download/
Look that it's compatible with your motherboards chipset before you dl, it says your chipset on the link to your motherboard above.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/648-max-msi-board.29435/
Relevancy 30.53%

I am working on a new project and I have scoured the internet for AMD CPU's and boards for real cheap, and I mean CHEAP!

I think I have found the lowest price, but I wanted to see if you guys had anything, I am looking for the ABSOLUTE CHEAPEST AMD board and cpu you can find while keeping it over 1Ghz

Relevancy 30.53%

i just changed the board in my pc it is a asus cusl2 when it goes to start xp fires up fo r second and shuts down wondering how much ram is needed to run xp

A:new board

how much ram have you - I have seen it run on 128Mb - certainly a lot of machines with 256Mb where sold

have you made sure the cooling is correct and put any heatsink compound between the fan & CPU - could it be over temperature and shutting down ?

did you put the FAN on the correct way round - some CPUs had a small slot/ridge along oneside and you had to get the CPU Fan assembly the correct way around to nake good contact

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-board.787411/
Relevancy 30.53%

Is ti possible to use 5V power from molex to power up my on-board USB because i think there is something wrong with the power.I checked the cable connection couple of times and still the same message "Usb device has malfunction" when I connect device like my joystick to another USB it works fine.

A:On-board USB q?

You can try.. There is a good chance of smoke emerging though

You should start with making sure it's not a Windows/driver issue. Use a Linux CD and a USB mouse to test.

Connecting a stub usb cable and measuring the voltages coming out of the port is another thing you should do before going and breaking anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-usb-q.41033/
Relevancy 30.53%

HI I HAVE JUST INSTALED A VERSION OF WINDOWS XP HOME ON A FRIENDS
LAPTOP AMILO L7300 WE HAVE A PROBLEM THAT WHEN WE ARE TYPING IT GIVE SOME WRONG CHRATERISTICS TRIED THE NUMBER LOCK AND THE FN KEY STILL HAVE SAME PROBLEM

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/key-board-461965.html
Relevancy 30.53%

HI i was wondering if i could change the pc board in my laptop to an hp 688277-501 pc board.

A:need new pc board

Yes you could. Here is the Manual: Manual See p. 16. This would upgrade you from the E-300 processor to an E2-1800 which is a slight upgrade but still an upgrade. All other parts will be transferrable...memory heatsink wi-fi card etc.  If you need any more help post back If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/need-new-pc-board/td-p/5641079
Relevancy 30.53%

I hope you kind folks can help me with a keylogger that I ve picked up a few days ago and haven t been able to get rid of I have a log here from hijackthis that I think points out the problem But I have no idea how to get rid of it Any help would be greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Norton Internet New need I and this help some to board Security Engine ccSvcHst exec Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exeC Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer New to this board and I need some help hpsysdrv exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution exeC Program Files x hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exeC Program Files x PictureMover Bin PictureMover exeC Program Files x Stardock Impulse Now ImpulseNow exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http netscape aol com R - HKLM New to this board and I need some help Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPDSK R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c program files x hewlett-packard HP odometer hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run HP Remote Solution ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update c Program Files x HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run NortonOnlineBackupReminder quot C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup Activation NobuActivation exe quot UNATTENDEDO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run TrojanScanner C Program Files x Trojan Remover Trjscan exe bootO - HKCU Run Steam quot C Program Files x Steam Steam exe quot -silentO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - HKCU Run tcactive C Program Files x The Cleaner tcap exeO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmi... Read more

A:New to this board and I need some help

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt Will be openedExtra.txt Will be minimizedPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305174/new-to-this-board-and-i-need-some-help/
Relevancy 30.53%

Could someone plese tell me how to input the power signs in algebra (windows 7). 3 to the power of 4

A:key board uses

Use the karot key (Shift - 6): ^. ex: 3^4

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/key-board-uses.958313/
Relevancy 30.53%

I bought a X 260 yesterday and now find when I type @ it actually types " and vice versa .Can some one help me to correct this

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Key-Board-on-X-260/td-p/3377902
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, i need a new board my computer is currently not working and it freezes at the motherboard screen ive done tons of tests and diganosed it to be the motherboard as the problem. (ive also posted about this a few weeks ago)

I need to get a replacement board thats cheap under 100 bucks pref if you can help thanks.

Motherboard That needs Replacing - MCP61PM-HM (Has AMD Processor in it)

Relevancy 30.53%

Just got my hands on a Rampage III and have to say it looks twice as nice in person. However there is one issue, this being the number of usb headers on the mainboard. Whilst I had read somewhere that it was lacking in this area, I didn't expect to get a threefold decrease in them! This means I will have to ditch two usb's on the front panel and my card reader. I feel this is a bit unforgivable on a board so expensive. I thought I might return it as it's unused and get another but trouble is almost all the top boards don't have the three that I need with most only having two (including the big bang xpower).

Could anyone suggest a top board with 3?

A:Top X58 board...

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD9 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 XL ATX Intel Motherboard

This is a hard call, because I am an ASUS fan. But I think you will love this board.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/130334-top-x58-board.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi guys! How can i identify the proper driver for my driver on my onboard agp vid accelerator... I recently formatted my computer and forgot to get the details of my driver.. now im having problems with my vid adpater... help please

A:On board AGP Vid RAM

Try PC Wizard - linked below on my sig. I don't know if it'll work on a driverless board. Also, you can look at your motherboard, locate the model number - look it up with google.com

its either Intel, Nvidia, ATI/AMD, VIA or SIS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-agp-vid-ram.685178/
Relevancy 30.53%

my board is an ecs l7vmm3, can any one help me if i can put an 512mb ddr400 memory into it? im currently using 2x256mb ddr333. i just couldn't found info on their site regarding that matter. thanks

A:help ddr on my ecs board

Go here and do a scan: http://www.crucial.com/
Crucial says VMM2 supports DDR400, but they don't have VMM3 on the list, I don't know if it finds info for that board with the automatic scan...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-ddr-on-my-ecs-board.775788/
Relevancy 30.53%

eTrust anti-virus from CA inc is offering for FREE their ezArmor suite. ($49.95 value). Free updates for 1 year. This, IMHO, is a very good A/V and firewall program. Go HERE This is a CA and Microsoft offer. After 1 year, you pay only the renewal fee.

A:To all on the Board

Emtronics,

Thanks for this and all the good tips you give all year round.

Season Greeting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/to-all-on-the-board.185451/
Relevancy 30.53%

Epox 8K7A, refurbished or at least returned once, installed
in comp II and seems fine except for one thing. I can't get
it to read bootdisk from A. A drive is okay, so says screen.
Bios is navigable. Did I get a bad board?? Can anything
be done? Anyone ever seen this particular problem. Is Epox
a name to stick with or are they known for bad boards, i.e.
pcchips??

Not real pleased,
Eric

A:Bad Board??

Hi there,

Noooo, don't get rid of the Epox board. I have an Epox CU133A+ and it's fantastic and has been running brilliantly for over a year.

I had a similair problem once though. Tell me, is it just a boot disk it wont read or is it all floppies? Does it automatically ask if you'd like to format the disk?

If so, it sounds more like a processor fault unfortunately.

Also, I know this is a stupid question, but on boot up have you set your BIOS to try to boot from A: ? If not, do this or try boot from A only.

Write back and tell me your findings.

Thanks,

Peaker.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-board.82371/
Relevancy 30.53%

i built a computer with good specs... im very desprite so i cant type them up but it cost me over 3,000 dollars

its a athlon 3200XP+
asus motherboard
2 GB low latency corsair ram
500psu power supply
you know, all that good stuff

last night i was experminting with overclocking.. i did some voltage settings and it ran very fast, extreamly fast i liked it. well i got greedy and increaced some settings even higher and now IT ISNT BOOTING UP!!!! i cleared the cmos and everything i can think of.. im panicing out of my mind because
IM IN SO MUCH TOUBLE THIS ISNT MY COMPUTER!!

i tried different processors and ram
did i ruin the motherboard!!

any advice at all is helpfull!!!!

Relevancy 30.53%

I'm probably looking right at it & can't see it. I usually see it at the top of other forums. I see 'forum rules' right away but not a list of 'how to's' which is what I need.
Thanks.

A:Where is board help

What help do you need with the forum?

Post it here.

Or look in the Tutorials.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/230624-where-board-help.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Looks like the 754 is an extinct species. But I still have a couple of working cpu for 754, and ddr400, and agp cards....so anybody know a source other than evil bay?

Relevancy 30.53%

I have a compaq computer that stopped booting up about six months ago after i ran the restore disks. When I took it to a shop to be checked he found that by moving the RAM card to the empty slot worked and the computer did fine but he warned he didnt know if it would stay that way.
My daughter had to run the disks again and now its doing the same thing. I was told that the problem seemed to be in the mother board. My question is ... can i take the Ram card out of that computer and put it in my IBM compatible to increase its memory ... or will there be stuff from the other computer stored on that so that i cant use it in another computer?
HELP HELP

A:RAM Board

turtle523
RAM (Random Access Memory) only stores information temporarily
while the computer it is installed in is running. When a computer is properly shut down one of the functions of shutdown is to write information from the vcache to your hard drive.
So no usable information is stored on the RAM card.
Swapping RAM cards from one PC to another is not recommended since there are many different configurations of RAM and RAM cards and the card you pulled from the down unit may not be compatible with your other PC. Before you attempt such a swap you should do more investigation on what type of card was in the Compaq and what type is used in the other PC. Motherboards can be very fussy.
Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-board.55788/
Relevancy 30.53%
Q: board

Laptop under warranty, including accidental damage, until spring, 2016.  Sent it for repairs...blotches on screen and keyboard failure 4 days ago.  Received it back today, july 10, w/ a note claiming device contains "biohardous material" and cannot ever be repaired by HP due to health danger to support techs.  What the hell sort of biohazard can a computer contain?  I'm elderly, live alone, keep the device on a table by itself.  There is no radioactivity within hundreds of miles of here.  I have NO health issues which would constitute a biohazard: early cataract, mild depression, occasional insomnia, high blood pressure.   What constitutes a biohazard so dangerous that a tech's health might be endangered?  I'm on a fixed income and cannot afford another computer.  I am at a total loss.  Is this some scam to avoid honoring a warranty on a not-too-popular device?  Please advise.  Thanks!    

A:board

I bought an HP spectre 360 notebook and purchased an HP accidental damage plan waranty and 2 year Care Pack. This plan covers accidental liquid spills. It has no exlcusions based on the type of liquid spill. NONE.  THERE ARE NO STATED EXCLUSIONS FOR BIOHAZARDS IN THE POLICY ACCORDING TO HP. I was at a coffee shop, and a friend bumped the table and knocked over water, coffe and tea. It spilled all over my computer. There were many witnesses. 3 keys on the computer stopped working after this liquid spill. I contacted HP and they offered to send on site repair staff, but I couldn't take 6 hours off of work to wait for them to come. HP preffered for me to send in the computer anyhow. They confrimed the liquid spill of coffee. tea, and/or water is a covered event. They sent me a box and I mailed the computer back in to them. I took photos of the computer condition before shipping. It was dry on the outside and we had shaken out as much of the liquid as we could. I sent the computer in. When it got there, I immeidately got an email about a cracked LCD. It did not have a cracked LCD when I shipped it and it was well packed. I called them and they said someone would get back to me. I then got a text about an hour later stating my computer was being shipped back to me. I figured it had been repaired. They gave no info about the computer itself. I got the box on April 27th. There were no biohazardous or dangerous material labels on the outside of the box. I opened it and pulled out my computer. The inside of the box was wet. the computer was dripping with a whiteish brown liquid that smelled of coffee. I immeidately took pictures and emailed them to HP to tell them they shipped me back my broken computer, they need to fix it. I figured the liquid on it was some of the spilled liquid that had shaken out of the computer on shipment. The liquid had been all over my hands. It seemed like an awful lot of liquid. I had the photos to show I shipped them a computer that was dry on the outside. I called HP and they informed me they had assessed the computer and had determined there was a "dangerous biohazard" liquid on it and they could not repair it because the liquid posed a "safety and health risk" to their staff. I looked in the box and saw a soaked white piece of paper with "biohazard" checked off as a reason why they would not fix it. This alleged "biohazard" was all over the notice itself, and was all over my hands. I had a complete nevrous breakdown and had to get medical care. I called HP and they did research and determined their service center thought the white/brown liquid was "urine." HP further accused the coffee shop of selling us drinks with urine in it. I went to the health dept and had a friend who is a biochemist assess the situation. All agreeed it was coffee, not urine, and HP was making serious and very wong accusations they had no basis to make. All agreeed HP was trying to pull whatever they could to get out of a covered repair. I called HP again and they looked at their own photos and they agreeed there was an error made by the service center and they agreeed to re-assess the computer. They sent me a box to mail the computer back to them. That box arrived May 2nd and I sent in the computer documenting the condition of the computer throughly and sealing it up at the FedEx office. I did not put biohazard labels on it becaus emany witnesses and professionals had determined it was not a biohazard and never had been. HP signed for the computer on May 3rd. On May 4th, HP agreed to refund the full amount of the computer, and said they would send me a box to send the computer back to them in. I pointe dout that they already had the computer. They signed for it on May 3rd. HP wrote me on May 5th to tell me they had searche their records and they again claimed there been a biohazard and the computer was shipped back to me ... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/board/td-p/5145007
Relevancy 30.53%
Q: board

I nbsp bought an HP spectre notebook nbsp and purchased an HP nbsp accidental damage plan waranty and year Care Pack This plan covers accidental liquid spills nbsp It has no exlcusions based on the type of liquid spill NONE nbsp THERE ARE NO STATED EXCLUSIONS FOR BIOHAZARDS IN THE POLICY ACCORDING TO HP nbsp I was at a coffee shop and a friend bumped the table and knocked over water coffe and tea It spilled all over my computer There were many witnesses nbsp keys on the computer stopped working after this liquid spill I contacted HP and they offered to board send on site repair staff but I couldn't take hours off of work board to wait for them to come HP preffered for me to send in the computer anyhow They confrimed the liquid spill of coffee tea and or water is a covered board event nbsp They sent me a box and I mailed the computer back in to them I took photos of the computer condition before shipping It was dry on the outside and we had shaken out as much of the liquid as we could I sent the computer in When it got there I immeidately got an email about a cracked LCD It did not have a cracked LCD when I shipped it and it was well packed nbsp I called them and they said someone would get back to me nbsp I then got a text about an hour later stating my computer was being shipped back to me I figured it had been repaired They gave no info about the computer itself nbsp I got the box on April th There were no biohazardous or dangerous material labels on the outside of the box I opened it and pulled out my computer The inside of the box was wet the computer was dripping with a whiteish brown liquid that smelled of coffee nbsp I immeidately took pictures and emailed them to HP to tell them they shipped me back my broken computer they need to fix it I figured the liquid on it was some of the spilled liquid that had shaken out of the computer on shipment The liquid had been all over my hands It seemed like an awful lot of liquid I had the photos to show I shipped them a computer that was dry on the outside nbsp I called HP and they informed me they had assessed the computer and had determined nbsp there was a nbsp dangerous biohazard liquid on it and they could not repair it because the liquid posed a safety and health risk to their staff nbsp I looked in the box and saw a soaked white piece of paper with biohazard checked off as a reason why they would not fix it This alleged biohazard was all over the notice itself and was all over my hands nbsp I had a complete nevrous breakdown and had to get medical care nbsp I called HP and they did research and determined their service center thought the white brown liquid was urine HP further accused the coffee shop of selling us drinks with urine in it I went to the health dept and had a friend who is a biochemist assess the situation All agreeed it was coffee not urine and HP was making serious and very wong accusations they had no basis to make All agreeed HP was trying to pull whatever they could to get out of a covered repair I called HP again and they looked at their own photos and they agreeed there was an error made by the service center and they agreeed to re-assess the computer nbsp They sent me a box to mail the computer back to them That box arrived May nd and I sent in the computer documenting the condition of the computer throughly and sealing it up at the FedEx office I did not put biohazard labels on it becaus emany witnesses and professionals had determined it was not a biohazard and never had been nbsp HP signed for the computer on May rd On May th HP agreed to refund the full amount of the computer and said they would send me a box to send the computer back to them in I pointe dout that they already had the computer They signed for it on May rd HP wrote me on May th to tell me they had searche their records and nbsp they again claimed there nbsp been a biohazard and the computer was shipped back to me on April th They told me the case was closed and indicated nothing abou... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/board/td-p/5611850
Relevancy 30.53%

I am getting a Core i7 860 tomorrow. Also a Gigabyte P55-UD4P motherboard and some Mushkin 1600 RAM (7-8-7-20)

It should give me a couple of years of good use. (I hope)

Has anyone got a P55 setup yet. Anything bad or good you have heard about the platform.

I like to try new things. I could have got the i7 920 and a decent X58 board. that's boring. haha

I am hearing the i7 860 is right up there and even outperforms the 920 in some cases.

Anybody have any experience with Mushkin RAM? I was told to try it out. My friend seems to think I will be pleased with it.

I'm also wondering if anyone has a P55 board you have run into anything strange.

Thanks

A:Anyone have a P55 board set up yet?

I don't have one (yet) but I have only heard great things about the P55 chipset and especially the i7 860 processor. Be sure to let us know how it goes

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/25011-anyone-have-p55-board-set-up-yet.html
Relevancy 30.53%

To start things off I would like to say hello to everyone on the board. My question that I ask of you is how can I get my print screen to work. I was just wondering if anyone knew any programs to get screen captures or shots while watching DVD of Windows Media Player. Now I tried to hit the print screen button and pass it to paint but it acts as if isnt anything there and gives me a black image where the DVD or media player was playing. I also down loaded the free print screen deluxe from download.com and it still didn't work. My last computer ran 98 and it worked fine, now that I have XP it wants to act stupid. Could you guys help me out if you can, it would be a big help.

Relevancy 30.53%

what ram would be best for the dfi nf4 sli board?

ocz has ram made just for dfi but i dont know
http://www.ocztechnology.com/produc...pc_5000_dual_channel_platinum_dfi_nf4_special

or should i go with something like this
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_el_ddr_pc_3200_dual_channel_platinum_rev_2

A:ram for dfi nf4 board

nice to see that a mobo manufacturer besides ABIT is putting out the extra money to put the good japanese caps on their boards. The specs for the board says it only supports DDR 400. So does that mean it won't support a Clawhammer with 1GHz FSB? weird. Anyway if you have a 1GHz FSB you would need the PC5000. i still don't get it. Sorry I'm an Intel guy so I'm not really into AMD, but no one was answering your post so.......... I thought all the 939 socket AMD's were 1GHz FSB? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-for-dfi-nf4-board.25045/
Relevancy 30.53%

when typing on my key board certain keys produce a diffrent symbol from the one on the key .is there a diffrent setting or somthing i can change to coorect this.
cheers

Relevancy 30.53%

This may not be the right place to post this but its close enough.

I need microphone help.

For the past few months my microphone just hasn't been working online! I have no clue why and nobody seems to be able to help me.

Its not because its muted or anything like that. We had a mic and it used to work but one day it just didn't work anymore so I bought a new one and that doesn't work online either.

It works fine with sound recorder, and with any voice test things for any applications, but whenever I enter an online game to use it, it seems to just shut off and disappear completely. It works while msn is running but whenever I click "start an audio conversation" it shuts off.

I am starting to get very agrivated so if you could help me out I'd appreciate it.

-Flea

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/perhaps-not-the-right-board.178195/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a very weird problem. My computer does not respond upon booting. It powers up but there is no response - the monitor stays in standby, the activity light on the CD-ROM stays ON, but in a multi-coloured manner and there's nothing I can do.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks as if power is coming to the M/Board from the PSU but not returning to the PSU to boot up the PC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-the-psu-or-the-m-board.917233/
Relevancy 30.53%

Is a 4x, do I have to get a 4x card or will a 4x8x card work?

A:My board

if the card works in both 4x and 8x mode then a 4x slot should work fine. There may be a performance decrease running the card interface at half speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-board.44569/
Relevancy 30.53%

What's up everybody??? Its good to be part of the Board!

Well...to start I have had this problem for over a week now and Im really losing hope...

Here are the facts:

1. I have NO sound from speakers, NO drag and Drop, UNABLE to paste from a copy...so I cant get all my important files OFF my computer to reformat...

2. IE doesn't open as well as Norton Antivirus, Or System Restore or System Installer, AVG wont launch due to installer problem...

3. Ran Regedit to erase some files...but cant run SR.INF or anything since I dont have service pack 2 disc on me right now...

4. Spybot scans for a while then reboots my computer...

5. I've used everything from Avira to Spybot, Hijack This to Spyware Terminator, AVG...etc...with Avira mainly doing the most good in identifying files...

So if there is ANYONE out there who can help...I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!!!

Relevancy 30.53%

Hi techspotters it has come time to modify my old rig I m planning to upgrade the cpu without changing my motherboard but there is a slight risk involved that the purchase I am going to make is with CPU board AM3+ AM3 faul So back to basics My current MB M A TD PRO AM3 board with AM3+ CPU USB - link Current CPU Phenom t oc running ghz Current RAM EVOleggera x running underclocked mhz the one to upgrade to AMD FX -- So this is a basic operation a cpu swap but few questions popped up on the research phase M A TD is a AM board which apparently after some searching supports some of the FX series cpus that are AM I have also found the corresponding BIOS that I need to flash myself to to make it work properly and be recognized by the MB link Q amp A FX is known to support mhz RAM speeds my existing RAM runs max at without overclock and is placed x which occupies all slots and might confuse the FX which supports dualchannel as usual Meaning I will need to leave my RAM running at mhz how big will the reduce be in the performance of the CPU- mhz vs When setting up the proceccor I will need to disable the Turbocore to make it stable on the older AM board which only supports cpu speeds up to ghz and the fx on turbo bumps to ghz After disabling turbo all cores are set to run at which by research is the most stable option on my existing MB Will FX bottleneck gtx or gtx and how bad it is going to be Upgrading hardware is always nice but am I making bold move by upgrading a year old cpu to almost as old one And if someone with more knowledge can state me that there is no performance gain to be maid I just might stick with my old as long as its still breathing and calculating Thanks in advance for replys And no changing an motherboard is not an option So fond of my old rig best regards m nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am3-board-with-am3-cpu.214400/
Relevancy 30.1%

How does the board look all weird, its white background? Looks like the page isn't loading?

A:Whats going on with the board

It looks fine with Internet Explorer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/124464-whats-going-board.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello, I want to ask about my key board, I am english 100% and seem to have a key board that has weird letters (ascii) my question mark is this
my forward slash is
my straight line beside back slach is this
back slash is
shift 6 is ?
plus many other weird letters, how do I fix this issue, I have tried things such as in the control panel...keyboard
I run a windows XP home edition and any other info is
Model# S4200NX
Product# DF215A-ABA
Serial# MXK3240J92
Software Build# 33NAheRED4
Hardware BOM# 0n4141110
Software BOM# NA21
Service ID# 080-103

A:Key board troubles

Mine actually does something similar. After a while, sometimes if I press alot of keys at once, it will mess up certain keys. The only way I've found to fix it is to restart. I'm using a very old Dell keyboard though, so it's probably just getting old.

Do you have another keyboard to test out with?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/key-board-troubles.164868/
Relevancy 30.1%

HI I DONT KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY COMPUTER BUT WHEN I TYPE WITH CAPS LOCK OFF MY WRITING IS IN CAPITALS AND WHEN IT IS ON ITS LIKE THIS does anyone know how to change it back also when i click down some where on a page with the mouse the whole screen gets highlighted>>

PROBLEM FIXED STICKY KEY WAS ONE.. SORRY

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123776/key-board-trouble/
Relevancy 30.1%

I just recently got a new motherboard for my uncles computer... before it was working fine until we did some windows updates and when i restarted the computer it just did not work all of the sudden... it did turn on but it would freeze at the windows loading screen.... so i bought a new motherboard hoping to fix that problem... now having the new motherboard set up i try going into the bios and when i do my keyboard or computer ends up freezing... i can move up n down for a couple seconds then it just freezes... i hit f8 to go to boot menu and select the cd drive that my windows cd is in... then it says press any key to boot from cd then says it is checking my computer specs n such n from there it doesnt do anything.... please help

Relevancy 30.1%

Well I had some problems that I posted about the other day which involved a corrupted download of some pirated software I learned my lesson the hard way about Have Board Hijacker On A Like Looks I that so needless to Looks Like I Have A Hijacker On Board say I won t be attempting it again My problem now consists of a couple things My Firefox got screwed up The icon on the desktop wasn t for Mozilla it was a control panel looking icon Mozilla wouldn t open when I clicked it I have since uninstalled Firefox and installed the latest and greatest It opens but it won t connect to the internet I still can t CTRL ALT DEL to bring up task manager I tried to log in to Ebay and Paypal and it won t let me When I click the login screen I get a quot page cannot be displayed quot error I tried clicking quot contact ebay quot and got the error page also Weird I think I am being hijacked for surePlease help me This is making me nervous Mod Edit Moved topic to more appropriate forum Animal

A:Looks Like I Have A Hijacker On Board

The obvious but #1 question is have you run scans for virus and spyware, and if so, what results did you get?

Can you get your Task Manager by right clicking on an unused part of your taskbar and selecting it from there?

Have you tried a 'repair' of your connection?

If you don't get any joy, it may be time for an HJT log.

Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/62105/looks-like-i-have-a-hijacker-on-board/
Relevancy 30.1%

hi everyone.I am new to the site(obviously) and I was wondering if you guys could help me out.I am trying to get rid of this pop up ad website called http://www.0dp.com.Well I found out that its caused by a virus called trojclicker.ad.anyone know how to get rid of it?I tried going to different anti virus websites like TrendMicro.com and it won't delete it for some reason.

A:New board member!

Run this online Trojan scanner:TrojanScanIf that doesn't help, then:Read How to post a HijackThis Log. Please read, and follow, all directions carefully.Then, run a log, and post it in the HJT forum, at this link. Do not, fix anything, yet.A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.It may take a while to get a response, because the HJT Team are very busy. Please, be patient, these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.NOTE:Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/24534/new-board-member/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a dell computer I am running windows XP when I start up my computer i get a key board failure message. i can't do anything I need help!!!!...LOL

A:key board failure

Hi and welcome to TSF try plugging in another keyboard

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/key-board-failure-554693.html
Relevancy 30.1%

A buddy of mine is having trouble with his keyboard. When it is plugged into the PS2 port nothing happens, and when he plugs it into a USB port, he gets an error message. This is what the error message says something about how the device in the USB port isn't recongized.

When he clicks on this error message, thanks to the wonder of XP, this device screen shows up. It labels the keyboard as an unknown device, without a driver, but it still gives a date for the last driver installed.

We checked other keyboards, and nothing works. However other devices to work, like his mouse and joystick work fine, but he has no keyboard.

Obviously the keyboard does recongnize keystrokes, cause he keeps getting the error message.

So please let me know what do to, as soon as possible.

A:Key Board Sadness

I have had LOADS of dead USB/PS2 keyboards go by.

Check if the keyboard works on another computer, or check the bios option for DOS USB keyboard support and boot the unit into dos and try the keyboard and see. If it doesn't work the keyboard is probably shot

Good Luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/key-board-sadness.181943/
Relevancy 30.1%

My Friend in CA tells me that when she try to type, her key board just make her computer beep, and i ask her to check the sticky keys and she said it isn't the sticky key. What can she do?

A:Key Board not working

oh yeah she say she put other key boards on the computer and get the same problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/102495-key-board-not-working.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi all, I am having an issue on boot up on my HP Probook 450 G0 (model no. H0W50EA) where I get the following error message: "Product Information Not ValidThe following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid.SYSTEM BOARD (00A)Product Name Product Serial NumberProduct SKUProduct FamilySystem Board CT NumberENTER - Continue Setup For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup" I have spoken to HP and they are saying it's a hard ware fault and the cost to repair is not feasible.  I have found details on the same error for a different HP model however the instructions I followed has not resolved the issue - http://www.ebay.com/gds/Fix-OOA-HP-Product-Information-Not-Valid-/10000000178245966/g.html Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/System-Board-00A/td-p/5600059
Relevancy 30.1%

i had an hp (or maybe compaq- same difference) motherboard, asus mew-am stripped of all settings, that i had taken out of its original case, and put into a different one. keep in mind, the power supply for the hp/compaq board stayed in it's case.
so, when i tried to power on the board in it's new case, the fans worked blah blah blah, but no system beep. i found out that compaq makes "special" power supplies for their boards, and thus the atx power connector from the ps to the board has a different arrangement.
well, my question is, did i ruin the compaq/hp board by using the normal atx ps on it? i have the original ps connected to it now, and the fans all run ok, but no beep, no monitor response...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-think-i-ruined-my-board.180491/
Relevancy 30.1%

Ok basically there's a new version of my motherboard out that supports the UCC function for AMD's.
I have been doing some research, and it turns out my CPU unlocks into something called a Phenom II FX5000.
Now my question is, the only difference between my board:
ASRock > Products > N68-S

And the UCC board:
ASRock > Products > N68-S UCC

Is the colours, so I'm just wondering, is it possible to flash my BIOS with a UCC boards BIOS? I just thought I would check here first, because I don't want to say bye bye to a board I brought not 1 year ago.

A:Update into UCC board?

I hate doing this, but.. *BUMP*

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/113760-update-into-ucc-board.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi all, i need to help with choose my MOBO, cause i have GA-X58A-UD3R and have problem with memory maping.
http://www.sevenforums.com/overclock...59-my-ram.html

I try all solution and nothing help.Sometimes it boot with all 5Gb, but usualy only 2Gb or 3GB usable
Memory are all right i try them all in 1st white slot with memtest-all passed without error.

So i wanna chose from this boards:
ASUS P6T SE | Alza.cz
ASROCK X58 EXTREME | Alza.cz

And my memory are Zeppelin Gold Evolve 6GB (3x2G kit) DDR3 1600MHz

A:What board you recommend ?

Be sure to get one that will let you roll back the BIOS........Some won't.....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/106267-what-board-you-recommend.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Just notice I don't have a Clip Board. I downloaded Speccy and I want to copy ram specs to clip board so I can print them. I don't want to copy all the information, just ram specs. I right click, (select all) right click (copy to clip board) that I don't have. I check search this site and didn't find what I needed or missed it.
Thanks.

A:I don't have Clip Board

Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear

Just notice I don't have a Clip Board. I downloaded Speccy and I want to copy ram specs to clip board so I can print them. I don't want to copy all the information, just ram specs. I right click, (select all) right click (copy to clip board) that I don't have. I check search this site and didn't find what I needed or missed it.
Thanks.

Did you receive an error message? Have you looked for it in c:\windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/110156-i-dont-have-clip-board.html
Relevancy 30.1%

DX48BT2 is the board i'm looking at getting and wonder if i should go with ddr2 or ddr3 Ram how much of a difference is it and is there other types of ram that would to a good job ..wanting it for ultimate gaming

A:Mother board and Ram

DDR3 comes with high clocks but also with price and high latency. So, high quality DDR2 would(COULD in some occasions) still outdo DDR3. To a point, latencies can determine the performance more than clocks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mother-board-and-ram.738741/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi all, am a beginner . just want to say hi to the community.

A:New techy on-board

I work in NIgeria, with an NGO that uses ICT for dvelopment(fantsuam founation)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-techy-on-board.93100/
Relevancy 30.1%

What should I do? every time I access a web page that has a virus or malware scanner Or the HJT log and malware board Firefox and internet explorer close out. Super Anti Spyware Remover closes itself as the HJT. The only thing that runs is AVG as far as scanning goes when the computer is running normally. I got into safe mode and everything opened so I ran SASR and AVG and AVG found nothing but SASR got rid of something, but my browsers still close out. I also forgot to mention my task manager refuses to open. What should I do? I double posted similar information on my post and it helped get a few posts, but I still haven't had a reply =/

A:Can't Access The Hjt Board

Hi ICYcold,I see you were are working with one of the Hijack Team members on a Log that was posted back in June,07.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/94936/task-manager-wont-come-up-and-extremely-bad-fps-in-computer-game/I will merge the Hijack log you have just posted with the above Topic, since those were the last instructions from the HJT Team member.Then you can continue working on This HJT Log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/107620/cant-access-the-hjt-board/
Relevancy 30.1%

If I put in 3 sticks of memory instead of 4 into a 939 board what will happen? Will I lose any speed? Would it be better to have just 2 and make 1GB or the 3 and have 1.5GB.

A:Question on 939 board.

Nothing bad happens, the memory will just work in single channel mode instead of dual channel. It's somewhat slower, but you can't really see the difference in everyday use. If I had to choose between 1.5 GB single channel and 1 GB dual, I'd pick the 1.5.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-on-939-board.95027/
Relevancy 30.1%

Let me start off by saying that I do not condone the usage of pirated software. What I meant earlier was that I wasn`t sure if the OS was pirated or not. I was really hoping it wasn`t pirated. Would it be pirated if it has the OEM number displayed in the proper place, or would it be genuine? In any case, I do have a legal copy of Windows XP that I could put on it, the only question I have is will the product key on the computer work with the legel XP to get a clean install?

A:Key Board Issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by bones6987

Let me start off by saying that I do not condone the usage of pirated software. What I meant earlier was that I wasn`t sure if the OS was pirated or not. I was really hoping it wasn`t pirated. Would it be pirated if it has the OEM number displayed in the proper place, or would it be genuine? In any case, I do have a legal copy of Windows XP that I could put on it, the only question I have is will the product key on the computer work with the legel XP to get a clean install?

Hi bones,

If there is an oem key on the computer case, then this key will work if you use an oem install disk on the same machine. Just make sure the disk you are using is the right one. Usually the oem xp CDs were reflective/holographic and any other kind could be a retail/VL/AP version.

You may still need to call Microsoft to get the activation sorted due to the oem key already being used (on the same machine).

L

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/key-board-issues-609312.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I am using Win XP.
When I press @ it prints " and when I press" mit prints @.
Kindly advise how to correct the problem

A:Key board error

Hi sahneyss, and welcome to TSF.

Looks like your keyboard layout regional settings are not set right.

Click start, run and type intl.cpl then press enter.

# On the Languages tab, click Details.
# Under Installed services, click Add.
# In the Input language list, click the language that you want. In this case, English (United Kingdom).
# In the Keyboard layout/IME list, click United Kingdom, and then click apply, then OK.
# In the Select one of the installed input languages to use when you start your computer list, click Language name - English-United Kingdom and then click apply, then OK.
# In the Regional and Language Options dialog box, click OK.

Hope this helps, if not, feel free to post back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/key-board-error-477973.html
Relevancy 30.1%

ok like the subject said i need one about in that range. im building a computer as u can tell right now i have (i should of gotten the mother board as one of the first things ) a 512mb sdram card a radeon 9000 pro 128 agp graphics card a 48x12x48 burner a 52x cd romdrive a 350 watt antec power supply and a antec case that 8.1" (W) x 20.6" (H) x 18.6" (D) and i plan on having a pentium 4 proccesser at 2.4 ghz and a 40 gig hard drive so if u could tell me where i could get a motherboard that would suit that computer please tell me where i can get it!!

Relevancy 30.1%

Here are my specs:
Mobo = MSI model# MS-7253
Processor = AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ (Black Edition)
RAM = 2gb (667mhz)
Video Card = 8500gt
PSU = 450watt

I got the 5000+ black edition because I keep reading where I could get it to 3.0ghz. The first PC I built was easy to overclock, but I don't have any options in my BIOS on this mobo. Can I not overclock this board or what can i do?
Thanks in advance!

Nevermind I found it

A:Anyway to Overclock this board?

looks like you can't change the multiplier with the bios (got that from a german site) . Maybe a bios update will change that but not sure. What did you end up finding out for future reference?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyway-to-overclock-this-board.98168/
Relevancy 30.1%

I'm looking for a cheap, all-in-one board, one that has built-in video and preferably one that has a built-in (soldered-in) processor. It does not need to have sound or a modem or a network card--just built-in video.

Anything over 500-MHz will do.

Relevancy 30.1%

I have a pc with a Biostar 7050 m2 board running XPsp3. I want to install an ide drive from my dead pc with all my photos and music in a spare bay rather than clutter my desk with an external caddy. My ide port on the board is occupied by the optical drives and I have a sata drive on one of the four sata connectors. Is there a reliable way of converting an ide disk to a sata connection, a friend mentioned its possible to go ide to usb but didn't elaborate, has anyone heard of or used this method?

A:using a ide HDD on a sata board

Something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822998001 could be used to convert the IDE to SATA.

Or, you could just add an additional IDE controller card to an available PCI slot.

Should cost about the same either way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-a-ide-hdd-on-a-sata-board.714407/