Windows Support Forum

"Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs

Q: "Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs

Event Log Explorer A tool to help Manage Analyze and Report Windows Event Logs For Windows NT XP operating systems This is a simple quot starter quot guide to help use this tool Note this tool will only work on Windows NT XP It will not work with Windows Vista Download and run Event Log Explorer One time initialization Click Tree- gt Show Tree Click File- gt New Workspace Click File- gt Save Workspace As and save your workspace file anywhere you choose Example To Filter View Export Recent Error and Warning Log Events Open an Event Log gt gt e g Typically you only need look at the System Log for System event records and the Application Log for Application related events Filter the events you want to see for this example we filter to only see Non-Information events that occured in the last days gt gt Click View- gt Filter gt gt Uncheck Information Towards the bottom of the filter window look for Display event for the last enter days Click OK Click File- gt Export Log to save a "Event Event Windows Logs helps Log on your tool Explorer" manage/analyze/report copy of the events for later viewing or sending to others gt gt Check Text file All events Event Description gt gt Uncheck Export Event Data gt gt Check Close dialog "Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs when done Click Export and save as a txt file on your Desktop Help Troubleshooting an Event Double click an event to see the quot Event Description quot which provides more detail about the event Click Event ID Database button for "Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs an web page about the event to get general explanation additional information about the Event Look for and click hyperlinks in the Event ID web page for user comments on the "Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs event You may note that some additional automated help is available via subscription service I ve never tried using the subscription service myself I think what s available for free from the tool plus a little manual internet surfing will likely get all the same information nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: "Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: "Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs

I use the subscription to EventID.net. It has been greatly helpful. I don't have this analyser but am a big believer in using the Event Viewer. I'll add a description I have written up which will help in determining the Events: This may be useful in addition to the Event Analyzer.

One thing I have not been able to do is keep the filters set with the software in the OS.

Find the Error(s)in the Event Viewer that correspond to the crash/freeze/error message/blue screen, etc.:

Description of the Event Viewer:

Unfortunately, many Windows XP users aren't aware of the Event Viewer, what it is, where it is, how it can help with a problem:
The Event Viewer has logs for everything that happens on the computer. There are three sets of logs: System, Applications and Security. By opening the first two to display the Events, you can look for Errors that correspond to the time of the problem- in your case, the crash.

There are three types of Events in the System and Apps logs:
1. Information (white circle w/blue i): this is just basic documentation of the normal working of the System or Apps.
2. Warnings (yellow triangle w/black exclamation mark) noting some problem at that moment. Warnings usually resolve on their own. If they do not, they become>>>
3. Errors (red circle w/white X- they document something that didn't work or isn't happening as it should. Each Errors has three parts: an ID#, a Source and a Description. By doing a right click> Properties, the Error will open to a screen that can be copied. These three parts taken together can usually lead to cause and resolution.Click to expand...

Start> Run> type in eventvwr
Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
1. Click to open the log>
2. Look for the Error>
3 .Right click on the Error> Properties>
4. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow
5. Paste here (Ctrl V)

You can ignore the Categories 1 and 2. If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed. You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.
Vista path can be followed here: (Copy button is on lower left)
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Monitoring-Event-Logs-Windows-Vista.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-log-explorer-tool-helps-manage-analyze-report-on-your-windows-event-logs.130078/
Relevancy 101.68%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 100.75%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 88.97%

Hello
I am new to Microsoft Message Analyzer and just downloaded version 1.4 and installed on my Windows 10 laptop
I saved my Windows System Event log as an .evtx file to have some data to start looking at. I note the column entitled 'summary' appears to show the body of the event message. However I see many rows which state "unable to retrieve the event description"
in this column, what do I need to do to fix this issues please? could it of been the way that I saved the .evtx file in the first instance (I accepted the defaults) or do I need to install some additional files/components so the messages are displayed
correctly?

Thanks all
Ernest

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a02a5fbb-39e8-4998-8b8d-ec30abd458a0/when-viewing-system-event-log-evtx-file-many-events-show-quotunable-to-retrieve-the-event?forum=messageanalyzer
Relevancy 87.11%

Hi I recently made some upgrades 11" hangs, "atapi Event ID Event in Viewer Frequent system to a previously fine PC - they were - Installing GB extra RAM of the same variety - Reinstalling windows on a new SSD a Samsung SSD EVO GB I previously also upgraded to Windows but a bunch of blue screens and Frequent system hangs, "atapi Event ID 11" in Event Viewer other issues later I reinstalled I'm still having problems though - the current symptoms are that every so often - times a day the computer will hang for - minutes on the 'starting windows' screen When it finally loads it will often hang for further extended periods before settling down I checked in these event log and during these periods there will be many 'atapi' errors with Event ID quot The driver detected a controller error on Device Ide IdePort quot I have attached a screenshot There will sometimes be other errors usually relating to the timeout of certain things but the previously mentioned error is by far the most prolific On rare occasions there have been more serious errors - never blue screens since going back to windows but once I booted to a black screen with just a mouse was able to shut down via task manager then following a restart seemed ok Through some investigation it does seem to be that the root cause of the problem is the SSD I identified this a while ago and have tried various fixes including Ensuring my Motherboard a M A LT-M SATA ports are configured in AHCI mode they were previously IDE This also led me to completely re-installing windows in an effort to make sure the correct drivers were installed though more on those drivers in a second Updating my motherboard's BIOS Running MemTest to check my RAM wasn't causing the problem Changing the SATA cable and port of my SSD Updating various drivers from ASUSTeK Computer Inc -Support- Drivers and Download M A LT-M for my motherboard including the chipset I saw another driver for quot AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller Driver V quot but when I try and updating this windows just says that the most up to date driver is already installed I've also tried running various checks for disk errors including the Windows built-in drive checker and HD tune pro I just tried unplugging my DVD drive as well which is the only other thing connected to the SATA ports On a side note I do not have the Gb s SATA ports only Gb s SATA though I don't see why this should be a problem I've of course looked online and have found many people with similar issues but often they seem unresolved or their fixes unfortunately don't work for me Any help would be massively appreciated as this has been plaguing me for weeks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/380152-frequent-system-hangs-atapi-event-id-11-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 108.36%

I'm trying to find the settings called "ModemRingOn" and "PME Wake Up Event" both in bios but i can't find them.

Does anyone know where they are? Like under what options in bios?

A:Where are "ModemRingOn" and "PME Wake Up Event" located in bios?

They may not be there at all. If the modem is built into the board, maybe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/where-are-modemringon-and-pme-wake-up-event-located-in-bios.789506/
Relevancy 108.36%

I'm trying to find the settings called "ModemRingOn" and "PME Wake Up Event" both in bios but i can't find them.

Does anyone know where they are? Like under what options in bios?

A:Where are "ModemRingOn" and "PME Wake Up Event" located in bios?

BIOS's vary widely; there is no standard features that are included. It's possible your BIOS has neither of them.

If these are features you are interested in exist, the first thing to do is to check the motherboard manufacturer's web site's "support" page, and find out what the latest version of BIOS is available for your motherboard, compare that to what you actually have on your motherboard, and then read the change log to see if possible these features were added.

You can also research these features by Googling the text "ModemRingOn" and the model number of your motherboard "GA-XYZ123" in the same search, in order to filter hits that are limited to those that include references to both of these qualities. Look for forum posts, and other technical sites & information.

Also, look for the User Manual for your motherboard on-line. Sometimes these include information on the BIOS of the motherboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/where-are-modemringon-and-pme-wake-up-event-located-in-bios-334129.html
Relevancy 107.5%

My computer recently started having issues here is what is going on boot computer Windows boot screen displayed notification to conect service" Windows system to event " failed minute screen goes black Can move mouse Drive light constantly on not blinking minutes log in screen comes up log in Desktop loads minute gt sometimes it loads with regular windows aero theme other times it loads with basic windows classic theme Error message pop up quot failed to connect to System event notification service quot Have to wait for about more minutes before computer is actually usable The audio service does not work as well from when I press the power button to when I can actually use my computer takes - minutes Here is what I have tried so far Turning off all start up programs services Tested Memory - passed Hard Drive Self Windows failed to conect to " system event notification service" Test ---- - fail I am guessing that this is the source of the problem however my computer does still work once everything is finally booted So I don't know what to do with that information or if that test even matters I have tried looking at the event Windows failed to conect to " system event notification service" viewer but every time it says that the event log service is unavailable gt I try turning on Windows Event Log but that does not change anything tried quot netsh winsock reset quot in command prompt based on a different thread that I found - it didn't work bit Windows untimate clean install from usb iso post resolution to bootsect exe issue running on dell poweredge sc quot No Audio Output Device is installed quot hardware issue Win has never detected or installed drivers for Ensoniq es sound card Specs below OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model PowerEdge SC System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Dell Inc A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Cant seem to find any info on sevenforums or microsoft technet or cnet or WELL Any where Microsoft fix it no problems detected Please any help greatly appreciated

A:Windows failed to conect to " system event notification service"

This seems to be a common problem, I am now also experiencing the same.
I have Win 7 Home Premium 64. Did chkdsk /r, defragged, tried sfc/scannow scanned for viruses and even tried reseting winsock.
My aero themes are greyed out, when trying to fix it with MS fixit it errors out.
It takes a long time to boot and then says "failed to connect to System event notification service"

One search on google will show this is a major problem, so why does MS not come out with a fix.
This seems to be the biggest frustration with Win 7 compared to XP, lack of support from MS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/161341-windows-failed-conect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 107.5%

I have the Purchased Retail Version of MR6 and have made several successful (NO Failed Yet) of my ENTIRE WIN 10 Computer (Image) onto my USB Seagate 1.5TB External HD.

In the Log I get this: Event ID: 513 Source: "Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2"

What does it mean ?? Looked all over the Internet but didn't find a "Fix" !!

Thanks !!

Wen

A:MACRIUM REFLECT - Event ID: 513 Source: "Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2"

Originally Posted by wen

I have the Purchased Retail Version of MR6 and have made several successful (NO Failed Yet) of my ENTIRE WIN 10 Computer (Image) onto my USB Seagate 1.5TB External HD.

In the Log I get this: Event ID: 513 Source: "Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2"

What does it mean ?? Looked all over the Internet but didn't find a "Fix" !!

Thanks !!

Wen

See here: http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/dis...in+Windows+8.1

Macrium support in their forum characterizes this as a "benign" event. See Nick's post at http://forum.macrium.com/Topic3154.aspx

Since you have paid version, you can register at this forum - will need to enter confirmation of paid status to complete registration. If you only want to browse and not post, no need to register.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/19874-macrium-reflect-event-id-513-source-microsoft-windows-capi2.html
Relevancy 107.5%

Hi, have just tried to do a clean install of windows 7 64 bit on my new PC. I have been into the bios to make sure it is set to boot from DVD, all good. I then insert the windows dvd, drawer closes, disk spins, I get to the "windows transfering files" bar at the bottom of the screen, all good. Then the "Starting windows" message appears (without the colourful swirl in the background, just words) and thats it!!! It seems to lock on that screen? My motherboard has a LED code AE - Legacy Boot Event? What does this mean and is this stopping windows from booting? Please any help is much appreciated!. System specs- i7-2700k, maximus iv gene-z, g-skill 16gb, ocz 120gb, seagate barra 2tb, gtx 570, kuhler 920, ocz 750w, pioneer opt. antec df-85.

A:"Legacy boot event" what does this mean? Windows 7 wont load?

Boot into Setup (Bios) What is the HDD mode set to? Is set to IDE or AHCI? Also set the Bios to Default. Also check again in Boot Priority again to make sure CD/DVD rom drive is First Boot Device.You may need to do a Bios Update.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/legacy-boot-event-what-does-this-mean-windows-7-wont-load-658832.html
Relevancy 107.5%

Hello I'm having a peculiar problem that just started yesterday out of the blue Suddenly when I boot up in Windows -bit there's always an open dat file titled quot win quot that greets me on my at Windows to causing boot autostart Log Event "win403700" desktop It's of no use to me since it's filled with lines and lines of code that are completely encrypted in notepad After running CCleaner to clean out my registry and hard drive followed by over two hours of sytematically uninstalling programs disabling startup items and then finally moving on to msconfig items under the services tab I was able to determine that quot Windows Event Log quot is what causes this to pop open with each new startup I assume everyone has it enabled under msconfig gt services Would anyone know why it is doing this If I can just disable it and forget about it I will but based on what I'm reading here it appears to be an essential process for updating Windows Windows Event Log - Process and Service Windows Event Log causing "win403700" to autostart at boot wiki Plus I would like to know if this is an indicator of a more serious problem A Malwarebytes scan did come back clean by the way Thanks

A:Windows Event Log causing "win403700" to autostart at boot

I am having the exact same problem, also on Win 7 x64 except that the file that's popping up in notepad for me is "win403750.dat."

Most of the file is binary gibberish but there is a string near the beginning that reads "This program cannot be run in DOS mode," which makes me think that this .dat file is an executable. I've tried renaming it to an .exe extension and running it, but Windows says that the file isn't compatible with the version of Windows I'm running. An ESET scan of the file comes out clean.

I also distinctly remember that this started happening after the latest Windows update(s) I ran 1~2 weeks ago.

@rennervision: Have you solved or discovered more about this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/183511-windows-event-log-causing-win403700-autostart-boot.html
Relevancy 107.5%

Today I booted up my laptop to get this screen - my desktop without an aero theme and the error message on-screen.

Nothing unusual happened last time I used my PC. No installation or updates that I am aware of.

The computer cannot shut down properly now either, it just hangs after the desktop icons are gone. I am forced to hard shutdown.

http://i.imgur.com/S2N6EGp.jpg

Any ideas?

I doubt its malware but will run scans soon to double check.

A:"windows could not connect to the system event notification service"

The service has apparently started though:

http://i.imgur.com/LEuXUAC.png

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-718321.html
Relevancy 107.5%

Please Help My HP running Vista Home Basic suddenly gave me the following error message on startup quot Failed to connect to a Windows service Could not connect to System Event Notification Service quot Among other things this prevents me from connecting to my internet network so I can't get on-line Rebooting did not help Following the google search I used an elevated command prompt click Start click All Programs click Accessories right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator and typing quot NETSH WINSOCK RESET quot then press the Enter Notification Event "System Vista: Service"? Windows key and then restart the computer I still cannot access my internet network instead of not connection now I get the message quot unidentified network Windows Vista: "System Event Notification Service"? quot and I still cannot go online although there I have some Mbs It sais I do not understand this text quot What netsh winsock reset command does are it resets Winsock Catalog to a clean state or default configuration It removes all Winsock LSP Layered Service Providers previously installed including the potential malfunctioned LSP that causes loss of network packets transmission failure So all previously-installed LSPs must be reinstalled This command does not affect Winsock Name Space Provider entries quot Please help me with the next step in order to be able to go online from my computer Thank you

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/226767-windows-vista-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 107.5%

I recently came across a quot corrupted quot laptop love how people call things to do with computers corrupted when they can't figure out how to fix it to fix it's a Dell Latitude after load won't Desktop dell on [SOLVED] "windows event laptop activated" be must D with windows xp home installed When i got it booting up to windows would result in blue screen error after windows xp loading screen of the time in normal mode and would hang on mup sys [SOLVED] Desktop won't load on dell laptop after "windows must be activated" event in safe mode left it booting into safemode for about - hours while i slept at mup sys and never loaded past it I decided to do a repair install got through it all perfectly fine entered the product key from the sticker on the bottom worked fine Booted up again got past the xp screen to login screen and got the message quot this copy of windows must be activated with microsoft before you can log on quot can choose quot Ok quot or quot Close quot i believe basically yes or no reguardless of what i click it loads into windows to the desktop and does not load anything else ctrl alt del doesn't bring up taskmanager in safemode everything works how it should msconfig running processes are all normal nothing out of the ordinary as well as in services closed everything except critical processes services made a new user as well and logged into that account get the same activation message and loads to desktop with no icons and still no ctrl alt del start menu icons any keyboard shortcut however windows security center popped up on new account saying there was no anti-virus woohoo big breakthru there anyways i can't get anything to fix this i even tried a nd xp repair install and recieved same results i tried last known good config same results i cannot use system restore as it is nowhere to be found on the computer but i've never had any luck with it anyways especially with problems that would previously have rendered the computer paperweight This laptop is years old has a ghz intel core duo with g ram installed the previous owner had some experience with computers and DID get a virus that they got rid of however i still found traces of it when i logged in using hirens boot cd and ran a couple antivirus spyware programs and according to them the virus was the cause of the bluescreen however i have no clue what could be the cause of the activation problem having to reactivate windows wasn't really a surprise so i don't see it as a problem the problem is explorer not loading as well as taskmanager not working nor anything else for that matter AFTER the message If anyone has any idea what could be wrong or anything i could try lemme know keeping the users files in tact is a must i can just burn them to some disks using the mini-windows-xp-cd from hirens boot cd but they have over gb of user data i need to save including pics docs music vids and a bunch of other crap

A:[SOLVED] Desktop won't load on dell laptop after "windows must be activated" event

should also include that after repair install loading back into windows after 3rd reboot when it's finished it would get to the windows xp loading screen and hang there without ever loading windows, but once i shutdown and turned it back on it would load fine. (fine meaning it would get to the login screen and just not work anymore)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-desktop-wont-load-on-dell-laptop-after-and-quot-windows-must-be-activated-and-quot-event-438691.html
Relevancy 107.5%

Three times in the last 24 hours this warning has opened on my Desktop, after I have just closed Windows Live Mail [WLM] . After the warning disappears from the Desktop, WLM opens yet again.

Naturally I've allowed the issue to be reported to MS and sent the information, but I note that there is also a File that describes the event, in this case:

C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Local\Temp\WER21C8.tmp.hdmp

Is there any way that I may attempt to either fix or resolve this issue myself? For starters, I haven't a clue about how I access the quoted File, and if I did, I don't know what to do with it anyway.

Or is this yet another of those situations where you just grin and bear it until MS come up with something to resolve the issue? Hope not 'cos it's mildly annoying...

A:"Windows Live Mail has stopped working" - Files describe event; Fix?

1) Ignore error message.
2) Do a "repair" of Windows Live Essentials via Programs and Features
3) Use the Disk Cleanup utility
3) Use sfc /scannow via the command prompt window.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/167007-windows-live-mail-has-stopped-working-files-describe-event-fix.html
Relevancy 107.07%

I have a problem:
When I right-click Computer to open "Manage" windows explorer stops working and looking for a solution .. Everything is blocked and the desktop disappears for 2 seconds and reappears! I open "manage" with shortcut(Computer Management) but the right- clic does not work!
Thank you for your patience to help me.

A:To open "Manage" windows explorer stops working

Quote: Originally Posted by ridakash

I have a problem:
When I right-click Computer to open "Manage" windows explorer stops working and looking for a solution .. Everything is blocked and the desktop disappears for 2 seconds and reappears! I open "manage" with shortcut(Computer Management) but the right- clic does not work!
Thank you for your patience to help me.

Hi Ridakash, Welcome to SF,

You could try this ShellExView

The rule is to disable non-Microsoft context menu handlers *one-by-one* and verify if the problem is solved. If disabling one does not solve the problem, undo the disabled item and disable the next non-Microsoft handler. Do the same until the problem is solved and finally identify the culprit. Scroll right to see the Company Name column in ShellExView.

If that didn't help

Download this attachment Attachment 50723 Save it under C:\Windows\System32\

Go To Start > Type Regedit and do a search for CompMgmtLauncher.exe

Mine was located here.
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\Manage\command]

Under this key you will find a line that ends in CompMgmtLauncher.exe
Change the exe to bat and Manage should now work.

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/59359-open-manage-windows-explorer-stops-working.html
Relevancy 107.07%

Whenever I launch Event Viewer, I get this message. Ditto when I try launching Computer Management. I sometimes get a message about Adding a snap-in to console. But it never works. I ran SFC SCANNOW and it fix some stuff requiring a restart and is running clean now. No improvement.

I tried going back to an image from several weeks ago. Event Viewer worked but when I ran SFC SCANNOW and restarted, it stopped working again. If I run mmc.exe, I get a single folder Console Root. Trying to launch Event Viewer from the File menu crashes it. Running services the same way works. Running Component Management crashes.

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Windows 7 x64 "Event Viewer has stopped working"

Check your system for BUGS. It is infected. That or the hard drive is corrupted and starting to fail.

These things don't Just Happen. Windows 7 is a very good operating system and does not have these problems unless something causes them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/258072-windows-7-x64-event-viewer-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 107.07%

Shown below is the Windows 7 event log, and I would like to know what the error means, and if I should be concerned? My guess would be that this is affecting performance or perhaps just a symptom of other problems? The system isn't overloaded with garbage or viruses or system-tray apps or anything like that. Even if someone could give me a starting point, that would be much appreciated!

Pretty much every item in the list says the same thing with some different numbers. Let me know if that information can help you, and I'll post it.

A:Solved: Event Log: Windows has started up: "false"

This article suggests it's not a big deal, but it couldn't hurt to review your drivers.
http://social.answers.microsoft.com...e/thread/0bef777e-a5ab-4b8a-bca1-4df814c01bd9
Are there any other symptoms?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-event-log-windows-has-started-up-false.922569/
Relevancy 105.35%

Hello I upgraded my machine to Win x Pro about weeks ago My HW is an Asus mobo Intel Q w GB RAM The boot drives are two Raptors configured as RAID All the drivers are the latest available from size Event maximum 4, has Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing, file reached. Source: been session "ReadyBoot" ID: for Intel Asus and rd party vendors My WEI is limited by the disk transfer rates otherwise and on the other indexes Event ID: 4, Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing, maximum file size for session "ReadyBoot" has been reached. I've been receiving these errors at boot Log Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Admin Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Date AM Event ID Task Category Logging Level Warning Event ID: 4, Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing, maximum file size for session "ReadyBoot" has been reached. Keywords Session User SYSTEM Computer herbt-PC Description The maximum file size for session quot ReadyBoot quot has been reached As a result events might be lost not logged to file quot C Windows Prefetch ReadyBoot ReadyBoot etl quot The maximum files size is currently set to bytes Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System Event ID: 4, Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing, maximum file size for session "ReadyBoot" has been reached. gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing quot Guid quot B EC -BDB - -BC -F FDC D CA quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Admin lt Channel gt lt Computer gt herbt-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot SessionName quot gt ReadyBoot lt Data gt lt Data Name quot FileName quot gt C Windows Prefetch ReadyBoot ReadyBoot etl lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot LoggingMode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot MaxFileSize quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt The image for PID is listed as System My searches have turned up similar events listed but no solutions Any help would be appreciated Cheers

A:Event ID: 4, Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing, maximum file size for session "ReadyBoot" has been reached.

Hey guys, the solution is simple - just increase the max file size! Go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\ReadyBoot

The MaxFileSize key is a DWORD with a default decimal value of 20. Increase this to, say 60, and the problem will go away.

Luck to ya!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ad58fb17-ee50-4353-9967-f70b24e2d87f/event-id-4-source-microsoftwindowskerneleventtracing-maximum-file-size-for-session?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 104.49%

I was running DMark and got a BSOD code After that every Event and every time Logs BSOD After 3011 ID Event I boot Viewer 3012 time I boot Event Viewer logs Error Codes ID and Attached are screenshots of both I googled this and found two different threads where someone suggested to rebuild the performance counters After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot Both responses were basically the same below is one Neither of the OP's came back and said if this worked for After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot them Re LoadPerf Hi- I had the same problem with LoadPerf and here is what I found out All performance counter names and explain text are maintained in string tables managed by the performance counter subsystem Perflib The current contents of the performance counter string tables are corrupted and cannot be displayed To correct the problem rebuild the string tables User Action To rebuild the string tables on the computer that displayed the message at the command After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot prompt type Lodctr r The contents of the string tables are automatically rebuilt I hope this helps Since this was from XP and the other response was for Vista I wanted to see if the guru's at SevenForums thought that this was okay before I did this Here are the screenshoots of my two errors

A:After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot

Rebuilding the string tables as outlined in my first post fixed the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305115-after-bsod-event-viewer-logs-event-id-3012-3011-every-time-i-boot.html
Relevancy 103.63%

After too many The 8.1 supported is request logs. Pro, (50) Viewer cannot open Win not event Event unexplained problems I decided to reinstall Windows Pro x and migrate off of SBS Standard In addition to the primary workstation that can't read any event logs I built five Server R servers Hyper-V host Active Directory VM Exchange VM SQL Server VM Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) and WSUS VM I was diagnosing why my workstation's Outlook cannot reach the local Exchange Server nbsp nbsp I tried to look at the event logs and Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) found the Event Viewer cannot open the event log or custom view nbsp Verify that Event Log service is running it is or the query is too long whatever that indicates nbsp The request is not supported Looking at the directory of the event logs folder nbsp It appears that most logs are empty which is understandable since Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) it's a rebuilt installation nbsp I found a small number of Applications and Services Logs and it appears nothing was logged since six days ago on nbsp nbsp On support forums I found many have this exact problem on Win Win and Win nbsp Of the solutions posted none of them would even execute on my Win Pro x machine nbsp I tried clearing the event logs WEVTUTIL CL logfilename and am told Failed to clear log The request is not supported nbsp It's very difficult to diagnose why Outlook cannot reach Exchange even if Outlook is installed on the Exchange server machine just as a test nbsp The web-based Outlook owa ecp all work fine nbsp Email is coming and going nbsp nbsp This may appear cynical but I'm sure Microsoft would tell me to refresh the Windows Pro X machine even though I just reinstalled from scratch nbsp Let's clarify I had to Install Win Pro to upgrade to Pro in order to upgrade that to Windows Pro nbsp I tested the refresh some time ago and found it left my machine in a mess nbsp That is why I'm doing a complete new installation I already tried SFC nbsp Someone must understand the problem so a solution can be found and documented When I discuss this rebuild effort of workstation and servers I tell people if this doesn't work out then I'll make the move to Linux nbsp I have many Linux and UNIX workstations and servers sitting around here so the temptation is eating away at me br type moz - Michael Faklis

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/22647500-d985-42bd-b156-6b699d7f941f/win-81-pro-event-viewer-cannot-open-event-logs-the-request-is-not-supported-50?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 103.2%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 101.91%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Been having some issues with the PC lately someone suggested I checked the events log I found thousands upon thousands of the ID Windows Even 126 Log" Event same event occurring every - seconds I m assuming that this is what is causing my latency issues Below is the error information and some system information System - Provider Name yukonwlh - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime Windows Even Log" Event ID 126 - - T Z EventRecordID Channel System Computer Admi-PC Security - EventData Device NDMP DEVICE DB Windows Even Log" Event ID 126 CB BC- BB- - D-A A F E -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Binary data In Words E In Bytes E I tried to search for information on it specifically and found nothing I updated the driver using their website I have a Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller I m running Vista Home version upgraded to SP I m not sure when the event started happening Today the earliest entry I have was on at pm but it has been deleting events It caps around occurrences of this event and then starts deleting the old ones Any and all information will be appreciated if you need more information let me know and I can get it to you Again appreciate any input nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-even-log-event-id-126.913952/
Relevancy 98.9%

When checking the eventviewer->Windows Log->System and filtering 6006, the last entry was over 10 days ago.

Anyone out there having a clue why?

Thanks
=

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/35615-eventid-6006-event-log-service-stopped-ended-10-days-ago.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hello, I own an elitebook 8540w:

Windows 7 professional 64 bit
NVIDIA QUADRO FX 1800M
RAM: 8 Gb

I have noticed some daily hang up - lasting about 30 seconds: the only thing that seemed to work was the mouse pointer.
From the event viewer I see so many events like this:

Quote:
Event 17, WHEA-Logger

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x3:0x0
Vendor ID:Device ID: 0x8086:0xd138
Class Code: 0x30400

The details view of this entry contains further information.

Attached are the lines of the event viewer of those events.

Fix it please.
Thank you.

A:Hang Up: elitebook 8540W: Why so many: "Event 17, WHEA-Logger" errors!

Same issue even after having upgraded to the latest INTEL Chipset:
Intel? 6, 5, 4, 3, 900 Series Chipsets 9.2.0.1030

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/159146-hang-up-elitebook-8540w-why-so-many-event-17-whea-logger-errors.html
Relevancy 98.9%

For the past few weeks I've been having this strange issue with my computer I would be doing something like browsing the internet freezes, HDD paring "error fails, System 51 Event during operation" or playing a game Then I would go to access some media files such as music or video's on my media drive and my computer would start acting up The symptoms I would get is the sound would buzz and scratch the screen would freeze and stutter and repeat this every few seconds until my hard drive fails and loses connection all-together Then I would have to restart my computer to get my drive back and POST displays that BOOTMGR is missing I would have to go into BIOS to reset the Boot Order to get my system to boot up and I would get my media drive back At first I thought my hard drive was dying so I took it out and plugged it into another computer to troubleshoot it Everything seemed to work fine I even went to the lengths of purchasing a new System freezes, HDD fails, Event 51 "error during paring operation" hard drive but have yet to install it I then realized that my video drivers started to act up and crash so I updated those I believed I had a beta driver and once I got a WHQL driver the problem went away At least until now A week later I was on facebook listening to some music and I went to browse my media drive and to my surprise it instantly started stuttering and freezing again I'm at the point where I don't know what else to do except replace the drive which I'll probably end up doing this weekend I've attached several Event Viewer logs I could also try capturing it on video if that would help at all I've never seen this happen before Any ideas EDIT I just rebooted my system after I lost my drive again and this time it didn't loose the boot order so I'm not exactly sure why that's different now than before I should also mention that I like to set my icons for the shortcuts on my desktop to be blank No I didn't do the 'remove the arrow hack' Although recently they've been showing up as black icons I had this issue several years back and iirc it was an old driver or something Not sure if this could be related I've attached the driversquery to this as well just in case

A:System freezes, HDD fails, Event 51 "error during paring operation"

First, change the title of your post. That should be PAGING, not PARING. A lot of people will skip the post not knowing what that is.

All errors indicate a dying hard drive as you suspected. The fact that it works without error in another PC raises the possibility that you may have power supply problems (insufficient power to the drives will produce the same errors), bad cables, or a problem with the SATA controller on the motherboard.

How many physical hard drives do you have in this PC? (Not to be confused with partitions on the same hard drive). If more than one physical hard drive, which one is the problem drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335285-system-freezes-hdd-fails-event-51-error-during-paring-operation.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Dear Forum people,

I have just reinstalled my desktop 2 days ago, and now I am having random restarts/crashes. I cannot correlate to any specific software or task when it happens.
I have also updated my BIOS to the newest version before Win7 reinstall. I have only a couple of programs installed so far, and the newest drivers for my motherboard, videocard, etc...

I already did MEM test, but the RAMs looks ok.
I have also attached the zip file created by the SF Diagnostic Tool as it was described.

Any help is welcomed!

(ps.: I have licenced win7 ultimate + Bitdefender Antivirus Plus)

A:random restarts --> "Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Locale ID: 1038"

Post this report:Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297558-random-restarts-problem-event-name-bluescreen-locale-id-1038-a.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hello All - I ran into an issue where Outlook 2010 (Calendar) does not show certain options for a Calendar Event. Meeting that has been received and accepted, when opened does not have option of "Respond" and once that button is clicked drop down menu should display "Reply, Reply All... Reply with IM, etc."

Here is the screen-shot of it and how it is supposed to look like.. just not seeing it on my computer:
Note: I did notice when someone schedules an appointment in Calendar this option is not available; but other meeting invites co-worker of mine does have and I don't. Complete the same environment, same machines, same OS image (W7 64-bit Enterprise - company computers). Also, company IT is looking into this and so far they have not been able to find the culprit of this issue.

Thanks all!

A:MS Outlook 2010 / Calendar event missing "Respond" (Reply All, etc.)

Hi CarDusan,

Means you are missing the section (Change Response) through which a user can accept or decline events or Outlook appointments.

This issue arises when the following data file exists in the Windows Registry (with the values):

Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Options\Calendar

DWORD: DisableResponseButtons
Value: 1

Use the given "Fix it for me" solution provided by Microsoft.
Manager is unable to respond to a meeting invite

Thanks
Clark Kent

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/341390-ms-outlook-2010-calendar-event-missing-respond-reply-all-etc.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Every time I log onto my computer I enter my password and it looks like its loading to the desktop Then it prompts me to type it in again for some reason - and the second time it actually does load the desktop This just started happening today I looked in the event viewer and I get the same error for every time I turn on my PC or restart quot The COM Event System detected an inconsistency in its internal state The assertion quot GetLastError L quot failed at inconsistency COM+ Event in errror System its an "The detected state." internal line of d qxp slp com com x src events shared sectools cpp Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error For more information see Help and Support Center errror "The COM+ Event System detected an inconsistency in its internal state." at errror "The COM+ Event System detected an inconsistency in its internal state." http go microsoft com fwlink events asp quot The link for microsoft help is useless The last things I did were -set a BIOS supervisor and user password so you must enter a password to boot the machine and also to enter BIOS setup to make changes - Made several changes to quot local security policy quot under control panel administrative tools local security policy I don t see why changing security policy would affect anything Basically the changes I made were just to make the computer a bit more secure I changed the LAN Manager Authentication level to send LTNMv response only refuse LM I changed quot Do not store LAN Manager hash value on next password change quot to enabled default was disabled And under User Rights assignment I simply changed or two settings nothing big I simply took the SUPPORT quot account access out of some things- because I don t want microsoft having the ability to gain access to my computer Never had such a weird problem before nbsp

A:errror "The COM+ Event System detected an inconsistency in its internal state."

solved my own problem-

simply creating a new user and restarting the computer fixed the problem.

I have a feeling it had something to do with the LAN Manager hash value setting" I changed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/errror-the-com-event-system-detected-an-inconsistency-in-its-internal-state.700522/
Relevancy 98.9%

I've just noticed frequent quot A corrected hardware error has occurred quot warnings in my event viewer dating back to October th of this year As of now I haven't come across any performance issues or anything like that though I'm getting different errors with different processor IDs and System Warning AM Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger LOCAL SERVICE NAME A corrected hardware error has occurred Reported by component Processor Core Error Source Error Type Processor ID System Warning AM Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger LOCAL SERVICE NAME A error occurred" 19 ID: has WHEA-Logger corrected "A hardware Event corrected hardware error has occurred Reported by component Processor Core Error Source Error Type Processor ID Here's my processor and general PC Specs the machine came packed with Windows but I downgraded to Ultimate SP x AMD A - TDP W Operating WHEA-Logger Event ID: 19 "A corrected hardware error has occurred" speed WHEA-Logger Event ID: 19 "A corrected hardware error has occurred" GHz up to GHz turbo Number of cores Socket FM http h www hp com bizsupport riesId And if it's of any value according to Speccy my PC temps seems to sit in the mid-high 's with Jumps into the 's and low 's

A:WHEA-Logger Event ID: 19 "A corrected hardware error has occurred"

Welcome to sevenforums!

This was given to me by "essenbe" member forum. Might this WHEA Error Alert Guide helps you!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/311379-whea-logger-event-id-19-corrected-hardware-error-has-occurred.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hey guys I recently re installed win home premium and a few days Failer 5038. Desktop event "resets" Audit later when logging it said preparing desktop as if it was the first time Ih ad logged in When it finally logged in my desktop seemed to have been reset it only had recycle bin itunes which had to reinstall after clicking it firefox and thunderbird and I had to go to program files to find the programs I had and pictures etc weren't in the my pictures folder Put everything back in place and now it's happened again right now but this time noticed the bubble on bottom of screen and to check event log The event viewer says Event Microsoft Security Auditing and also says Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid The file could be corrupt due to unaurthorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk device error There is Desktop "resets" event 5038. Audit Failer also this I cope and pasted below Desktop "resets" event 5038. Audit Failer System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Guid - - -A BA- E B C D EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel Security Computer Anthony-PC Security - EventData param Device HarddiskVolume Users Anthony AppData Local Temp c e d - e - f - - ded a db Thanks guys

A:Desktop "resets" event 5038. Audit Failer

Download TFC by Old Timer TFC - Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer -> Anti-malware Tools -> Downloads and save it to your desktop.

Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!

Using Vista/Windows 7 right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.

Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.

Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.

Tell us if this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/95328-desktop-resets-event-5038-audit-failer.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Lately several of my programs have been unable to start giving the same error.

example:
Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: ds3_tool.exe
Problem Signature 02: 0.6.0.3
Problem Signature 03: 4fade72a
Problem Signature 04: DS3_Tool
Problem Signature 05: 0.6.0.3
Problem Signature 06: 4fade72a
Problem Signature 07: 34
Problem Signature 08: c1
Problem Signature 09: System.TypeInitialization
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

What causes this?

A:"Program" has stopped working Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Try this

1. Click Start button, click All Programs, click Accessories, then right-click Command Prompt, in the right click menu, please click Run as administrator.
2. Type the following commands, press Enter after each line.

regsvr32 atl.dll
cd C:\WINDOWS\eHome
ehSched /unregServer
ehSched /service
ehRecvr /unregServer
ehRecvr /service
ehRec.exe /unregServer
ehRec.exe /regserver
ehmsas.exe /unregServer
ehmsas.exe /regserver

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/323079-program-has-stopped-working-problem-event-name-clr20r3.html
Relevancy 98.9%

During my attempt to troubleshoot some Vista behavior, I checked the logs in the event viewer. While doing that, I noticed under "Security" that the log was humongous. The reason? Every minute, there is a "Special Logon" followed by two "Logon" entries. This just keeps repeating every minute. I cleared the log and rebooted... then monitored the log and the behavior continued.

Why does this happen? Is there some kind of logging that was accidentally turned on? I can't recall what I might have done, as I had to do quite a bit of troubleshooting with another problem... is there something I can check that controls logging? I tried searching the Vista forums and didn't turn up anything matching "Special Logon".

A:"Special Logon" repeats every minute in Security Event Log

Are you able to get a Snip of the Log?

Please see How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista For More Information

Also does the Log provide any Username?

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284939-special-logon-repeats-every-minute-security-event-log.html
Relevancy 98.9%

In trying to get a solid grasp on PerfMon features, we were wondering what the best use of "event traces" would be and what is the info that it provides. Thanks.

A:In PerfMon, what type of info does "event traces" provide?

Event traces uses the timer/information gathered from the Event Tracing for Windows subsystem (ETW). This is the same sort of information you'd get from taking traces using xperf or xbootmgr from the Windows Performance Toolkit. Not to the depth you'd get, but fairly close.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/188254-perfmon-what-type-info-does-event-traces-provide.html
Relevancy 98.9%

several times i am having a problem which gives below error report.suddenly appear blue screen message and laptop is going to restart quickly and even there is not a time to read that blue screen message...i have attached diagnostic report folder(according to the instruction of Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions)...i hope really good answers from you...

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: fe
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000000000006
BCP3: 0000000000000005
BCP4: FFFFFA8005751C80
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\090212-35037-01.dmp
C:\Users\Tharinda\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-69342-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

A:error with automatically restart -"Problem Event Name: BlueScreen"

The problem is with a driver usbhub.sys. Hopefully this can be fixed quickly. Remove all of your usb hardware, printer, usb drives etc. If the system does not crash reinstall one by one, giving the computer time to crash before installing the next.
If this does not work, go to device manager and uninstall the universal serial business controllers one by one. Reinstall before uninstalling the next.Hopefully this will solve your problem
Before taking any actin make a system restore point just in case

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250486-error-automatically-restart-problem-event-name-bluescreen.html
Relevancy 98.9%

since about months ago my computer has been experiencing multiple BSOD s per day upon looking in the event viewer ever single time and event with something to do with a quot VSS service quot with towards viewer pointing service" event BSODs frequent "VSS is the last thing before the crash i find this strange as looking into this vss is a backup program for xp and server i have no idea why this is on my system what it does or why i need it after trying to use some debugging tools it seems that i cannot access the dmp files on my own frequent BSODs with event viewer pointing towards "VSS service" computer logged in as an administrator with full privileges with all file security options in my anti-virus off my system is a x vista business the crahses occur almost at random doing anything from playing a game using Firefox typing a notepad file or just leaving the thing on and not frequent BSODs with event viewer pointing towards "VSS service" doing anything for more than minutes the system will still crash at the log in screen leaving me to believe that this is not an overheating issue i have tried to disable all programs with mscofig but i still get a crash i have even had crashes in sleep mode as well as in the process of a normal shutdown i have no new updates in windows update and have installed all of the new drivers for every device i can find them for any and all help would greatly be appreciated nbsp

A:frequent BSODs with event viewer pointing towards "VSS service"

Hi this is about vss and what you can do with it http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/...tem-restore-disk-space-limit-in-explorer-gui/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frequent-bsods-with-event-viewer-pointing-towards-vss-service.879828/
Relevancy 98.9%

I recently swaped out a power supply to replace a broken one in another computer. Now this computer has no power supply, but I have another spare ATX that fits, so I screwed it into the computer, powered it up, and it works. Except after like 3 mins the fans seem to die down. After another minute, the computer gives a "Computer shutdown due to thermal events" error. Does this mean I put in the wrong type of power supply? Is the fan messed up?

A:Power supply causing "Thermal event error"?

It probably means it is not sufficient power or is dying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-causing-thermal-event-error.736059/
Relevancy 98.9%

Does someone has any idea what this error means and above all ... how to avoid this?

Thanks
=
Type : Error
Date : 25-08-2015
Time : 10:42:14
Event : 3
Source :Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing
Description: Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 3221225864
=

A:Event ID 3 - Session "ReadyBoot" stopped - error: 3221225864

Anybody out there knows what these errors mean and how to avoid them?

Thanks
=

Event: 103
Source: Microsoft-Windows-TaskScheduler
Description: Task Scheduler failed to start instance "{B8A1B72D-DFBA-41A9-A6F2-3CB2EAB79719}" of "\Microsoft\Windows\NetCfg\BindingWorkItemQueueHandler" task for user "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" .
Additional Data: Error Value: 2147942402.
Event: 202
Source: Microsoft-Windows-TaskScheduler
Description: Task Scheduler failed to complete task "\Microsoft\Windows\NetCfg\BindingWorkItemQueueHandler" , instance "{B8A1B72D-DFBA-41A9-A6F2-3CB2EAB79719}" , action "Binding Engine Task Handler" .
Additional Data: Error Value: 2147942402.

=

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/18985-event-id-3-session-readyboot-stopped-error-3221225864-a.html
Relevancy 98.9%

I receive this error message in the Windows System log regularly Device Manager does not show any malfunctioning devices Apparently csvol service is part of HFS for Windows This is a program that allows reading of HFS file systems on Windows I did install that And I believe these Event not the is "A device system 7000: attached ID Event to functioning" ID errors are related to a service failing to start maxView Storage Manager Agent service will not start It is set to 'automatic start' in the Services viewer app However I find that it is not started and if I attempt to start it manually I receive a message stating it started and then stopped quot Some services stop automatically if they are not in Event ID 7000: "A device attached to the system is not functioning" use by other services or programs quot That should not be the case with this service I'd greatly appreciate any help with this - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot d -a d - - e e- d f quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt DESKTOP-NN U lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt csvol lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt F C lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt System Information report written at System Name DESKTOP-NN U System Summary Item Value OS Name Microsoft Windows Pro Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name DESKTOP-NN U System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name System Type x -based PC System SKU SKU Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Embedded Controller Version BIOS Mode UEFI BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC BaseBoard Model Not Available BaseBoard Name Base Board Platform Role Desktop Secure Boot State Off PCR Configuration Binding Not Possible Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name DESKTOP-NN U mike Time Zone Central Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53764-event-id-7000-device-attached-system-not-functioning.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi All,

I've had an issue with Event viewer unable to start due to "endpoint mapper database entry could not be created" Error 1899. I have done a SFC and have had some but not all issues fixed, I have a log of the result and maybe could post if needed. I've also done a system restore to a previous working config but no luck, the problem still persists. Has anyone had experience with this issue and know a fix for it?

Regards
Hiconic

A:cannot start event viewer "Error code 1899"

It's no wonder people slag off Microsoft for the lack of support. This issue has effectively stopped me from doing any back up on my PC as without the Event logging service or Event viewer service running the Back up cannot be set as it's dependent on these services which are hog tied by this endpoint mapper issue! Another Windows endless catch 22 loop!!

I can't believe no one has anything to offer on this issue! I've seen this issue raised on several forums but as yet no one seems to have the solution, which begs the question where are all the experts out there specializing in Windows 7? Suddenly, nothing happened!!

Hiconic

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/311430-cannot-start-event-viewer-error-code-1899-a.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Log Name: System
Source: volmgr
Date: 12/4/2007 2:48:06 PM
Event ID: 46
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Home
Description:
Crash dump initialization failed!
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="volmgr" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49156">46</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2007-12-04T19:48:06.937Z" />
<EventRecordID>21840</EventRecordID>
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Home</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>\Device\HarddiskVolume1</Data>

<Binary>0000000001000000000000002E0004C001100000010000C000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

A:Plese Help "Event ID 46 Crash Dump Initialization failed!"

*up*

I get this very same error every time I boot (startup, not shutdown). It appears twice in the system log ("Crash dump initialization failed!" by volmgr with event id 46). I have absolutely no issues with my Vista but I'd like to get rid of this error nevertheless. So far I've been unable to track the source of the problem.

I have SP1 and the latest updates installed.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/111261-plese-help-event-id-46-crash-dump-initialization-failed.html
Relevancy 98.9%

I am trying to get rid of event viewer errors and warnings at bootup. This one still eludes me. It appears to be a driver error related to my Epson RX680 printer. Can someone give me a few tips on how to narrow it down further?

"The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_EPSON&PROD_STYLUS_STORAGE&REV_1.0 0#9&2856B3B7&0&070E018870865F0000&0#"

TIA

A:Event 219 "WUDFRd failed to load " warning at bootup

What have you already tried to fix the issue? Have you tried looking for an updated driver from epsons website?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/307307-event-219-wudfrd-failed-load-warning-bootup.html
Relevancy 98.9%

My Windows configuration is relatively bullet proof ha ha nervous laughter My OS and programs are on C which I image using RDriveImage every month after Patch Tuesday My data is on software-mirrored D F drives So as long as I don't have a catastrophic event affecting my computer a routine quot drive failure quot should be recoverable with the worst-case being I'd be out a month of updates but with a good recent image of the OS drive Anyway I was recently looking at my event viewer and I have quot Disk errors quot that occur whenever I run a full image of C to when event invisible "Disk error" viewer, hard except drive imaging The complete error text is Quote Log Name System Source Disk Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer xxxxxx Description The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk DR Event Xml lt Event xmlns "Disk error" invisible except to event viewer, when imaging hard drive quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Disk quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt xxxxx lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt Device Harddisk DR lt Data gt lt Binary gt E B C D D C FFFFFFFF C E A FAFFFF A FAFFFF lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt There were two errors in February none before that three in March four each in May and July In April and June I did incremental images so the quot bad quot area wasn't imaged so no error With all the above as background what's the safest way for me to isolate and or repair the area s of the disk with the errors The errors are always logged within - seconds of each other so I suspect it's just one bad area And I have never ever seen signs of a disk error No BSOD no clicking noises no impaired performance even for a moment

A:"Disk error" invisible except to event viewer, when imaging hard drive

Try going into your BIOS to see what it has to say about the drive. Some BIOS's can read the drive's SMART status and can run tests on it. You could also download the disk manufacturer's drive diagnostics to check it out. Or see what Seatools (from Seagate) has to say about it:

SeaTools | Seagate

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/240332-disk-error-invisible-except-event-viewer-when-imaging-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hello and thanks for taking the time to look at this I ll try to keep this as short yet detailed as possible History I bought this laptop about - "Incorrect Big worries.. GMER, Strange = Password" & trouble event, w/ HijackThis etc yrs ago Touchpad stopped reacting to touch about a year ago I use a mouse Green text here has been updated and clarified I ve received messages from my internet provider saying a toolbar update needs done and that all browser windows will be closed Strange "Incorrect Password" event, trouble w/ HijackThis & GMER, etc = Big worries.. and I ll be prompted to restart the computer I click the X and it says quot the toolbar update cannot continue without administrator credentials An administrator can update the software after hrs has elapsed quot There s never been an administrator set up on this computer that I know of so that seems like an odd message I ve also noticed that for some reason the memory load slowly increases as viewed on task manager and the computer slows down even if I don t do anything other than leave those browsers open Maybe this is normal but I don t know so I thought I d mention it Ok a few days ago the computer froze up like many people this has happened before and wasn t extremely concerning Not sure exactly why it froze but I often leave the computer on for weeks at a time while I m working researching numerous things I ll usually have - internet windows open with multiple tabs in each window during that time So with the computer unresponsive I have to push hold the pwr button to turn it off I then simply restart it by pushing the pwr button Er not so simple as you ll see Here s the really strange and scary part Just prior to the desktop appearing the password box appears so I enter my password It says that s the incorrect password I try numerous more attempts and start questioning my knowledge of the password which I m sure is correct the only being there because the computer keeps saying incorrect password I begin trying multiple passwords that are quot close quot to what my password is in case my finger was one key off when I set it I do this for about an hour I even try selecting an option can t remember exactly what it said to change the password However it refers to a password disk that I never created By now I m freaking out It still has the enter password screen and is saying I entered an incorrect password so I walk away to call and ask someone a Q about this problem I m gone for about - minutes I come back and my desktop is up and looks normal It s like it just quot unlocked itself quot or finally decided to quot accept quot the password I d been entering numerous times before Someone who knows more about computers than me said she d heard of something causing your password to be changed amp or unrecognized but hadn t heard of the computer quot unlocking itself quot like mine did Needless to say I m now terrified to restart the computer for fear it won t accept my password and I know that restarting usually becomes part of the troubleshooting repairing process I feel like removing the password would be a great option but I m concerned that if I try and the computer again decides not to recognize the password that it ll freeze up at the change password screen I also don t remember exactly where the change password area is located I think it s maybe on the Cntrl Alt Del screen and how to simply remove the password vs change it I backed up everything on the computer onto a thumb drive and second non-internet connected computer Then I decide to check with the experts on TSG to see if this means I have some kind of malware or virus causing this I follow Cookies directions in the everyone must read before posting post When trying to run HijackThis the following occurred - It paused line the one that starts with F - REG system ini and gives the following message in blue quot For some reason your system denied write access to the Hosts file If any ... Read more

A:Strange "Incorrect Password" event, trouble w/ HijackThis & GMER, etc = Big worries..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-incorrect-password-event-trouble-w-hijackthis-gmer-etc-big-worries.1100196/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi
I have just installed ATA 1.6 and using the Lightweight Gateway on all our DC's.

After I have enabled and configured event forwarding I see a lot of "Identity theft using pass-the-hash attack" alerts, and there is way to many for me to believe that we have been hacked/under attack.
Have any of you any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/482be1a8-5aee-40ea-94e0-679631319029/a-lot-of-quotidentity-theft-using-passthehash-attackquot-after-enabling-event-forwarding?forum=mata
Relevancy 98.47%

Good evening. I've got something weird going on I'd like to ask for help with. Every time I close the Event Viewer or Task Scheduler I get a new "Administrative Tools" folder on the desktop. As far as I know, no other programs cause it, at least none of the ones I tested. I'm not exactly sure when it started but I know it hasn't always done it. I've already got Administrative Tools folders in my Start Menu. Anyone know what could be causing it? Thanks.

A:"Administrative Tools" folder created on desktop every time I close Event Viewer

Walt
Sounds like a change in your settings. To be sure
Run a full anti virus scan
Download and run a full scan with Malwarebytes to be sure we are not talkling about a virus
If all are negative, go back with System Restore to a week before the problem began.
System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/299919-administrative-tools-folder-created-desktop-every-time-i-close-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 98.47%

My 6-week-old Dell running Vista Home Basic suddenly gives me the following error message on startup: "Failed to connect to a Windows service: Could not connect to System Event Notification Service." Among other things, this prevents me from connecting to my wireless network, so I can't get on-line. It also prevents several programs within Kaspersky Internet Security from starting. Rebooting doesn't help. And the problem occurs regardless of whether I sign on as administrator or as general user.

More: I can't access the Windows Help & Support pages. And I'm told to "see System Events log" for details, but when I try, it says "Event Log Service is unavailable." When I try System Restore, it says "back-up hasn't been set up." (Aren't restore points set automatically?)

Please help!

Relevancy 98.47%

1- this is my result in event viewer
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3197/26608902.png
and all i can see is " warning " and " error "
should i be worried ? and how can i solve the problems ?

2- i just changed my theme ... and the computer makes sound when i enter or exit a folder ... basically when i do anything ... how to mute the theme's sound ?

A:My result in the " event viewer " ... and theme problem

I can't help you with #1 but I'm sure someone here can certainly do so.

As to #2, go to your "personalize" options by right clicking on the desktop, select "Personalize" then select "Sounds" at the bottom of the Personalization Options window.
That will bring up the dialog pictured below. Your scheme (in the red box) will be different than mine. Just go to the blue box and change your sounds to your heart's content.

Note: the red and blue boxes are only for clarification - you will not see them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/111845-my-result-event-viewer-theme-problem.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi there,

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit (OEM) Service Pack 1

Hardware is 11 months old.
- Dell Inspiron 1764
- i3 CPU @2.40 GHz
- 4 GB Ram
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450 Series

The system will periodically go to blue screen and restart, I cannot seem to update windows either.

This is the error message

Problem Signiature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 6153

Additional Information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0000000000000028
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF88001596B2D
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768 1

I hope this is enough information,

Thanks a million,

Eamonn

A:BSOD help needed. Problem event name "BlueScreen"

Looks to me as if it involves USB and networking - so I'd have to suspect your "Air card" device.
Please:
- download a fresh copy of the drivers from the service provider's website. Ensure that they are Win7 compatible.
- uninstall the current driver software from your system
- install the freshly downloaded copy and monitor for further problems.

There are numerous drivers dating from 2009 or earlier. Please scan the list below and update those older drivers. The links below the table will show info on where to get updates for those drivers.

You have an old copy protection program that dates from 2006 - please uninstall that. It most likely came from a program installed from a DVD that had a movie on it. If unable to locate it/uninstall it - please post back for a safe way to remove it.
It appears that you also have AVG and McAfee installed - not a good thing!!!

Please uninstall AVG, then do the following to remove McAfee (there is a place to add another antivirus in the instructions) - but I'd like you to do it this way in order to minimize potential problems.

Quote:
Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: Free AntiVirus
- uninstall the McAfee from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of McAfee using this free tool: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus, then check to ensure that the Windows Firewall is turned on.
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's
NOTE: NEVER run more than 1 anti-virus, firewall, Internet Security/Security Center application at the same time.

Then check to ensure that your Windows Firewall is turned on. Then try doing Windows Updates.
Report back with any error messages that you may receive.
If the above steps don't stop the BSOD's, please zip up and upload any new memory dumps with your next post - and we'll see what we can figure out from there.

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs

- Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html
- Info on how to troubleshoot BSOD's (DRAFT): http://www.carrona.org/userbsod.html
- How I do it: http://www.carrona.org/howidoit.html

3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES

Code:

AVGIDSDriver.Sys Fri May 27 10:06:19 2011 (4DDFAFDB)
AVGIDSEH.Sys Tue Feb 22 00:23:04 2011 (4D634838)
AVGIDSFilter.Sys Wed Feb 09 23:59:37 2011 (4D5370B9)
Apfiltr.sys Mon Jun 21 09:07:21 2010 (4C1F6409)
AtiHdmi.sys Wed Sep 30 09:54:46 2009 (4AC36326)
BCM42RLY.sys Tue Jul 07 20:34:55 2009 (4A53E9AF)
CtClsFlt.sys Mon Jun 15 01:06:41 2009 (4A35D6E1)
GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 08:17:04 2009 (4A1151C0)
HECIx64.sys Thu Sep 17 15:54:16 2009 (4AB293E8)
PxHlpa64.sys Tue Jun 23 19:16:35 2009 (4A416253)
RTKVHD64.sys Tue Feb 02 05:36:50 2010 (4B680042)
Rt64win7.sys Mon Mar 21 09:20:32 2011 (4D8750A0)
SCDEmu.SYS Mon Apr 12 04:52:25 2010 (4BC2DF49)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
atikmpag.sys Fri Jan 22 08:07:54 2010 (4B59A32A)
atipmdag.sys Fri Jan 22 08:46:46 2010 (4B59AC46)
avgldx64.sys Thu Jan 06 23:36:39 2011 (4D269857)
avgmfx64.sys Tue Mar 01 07:25:15 2011 (4D6CE5AB)
avgrkx64.sys Wed Mar 16 10:06:34 2011 (4D80C3EA)
avgtdia.sys Mon Apr 04 17:54:35 2011 (4D9A3E1B)
bcmwl664.sys Tue Jul 07 20:45:04 2009 (4A53EC10)
btusbflt.sys Thu Apr 08 21:11:36 2010 (4BBE7EC8)
btwaudio.sys Wed Jul 01 09:54:56 2009 (4A4B6AB0)
btwavdt.sys Thu Jun 25 01:50:13 2009 (4A431015)
btwl2cap.sys Fri Apr 03 20:28:45 2009 (49D6A9BD)
btwrchid.sys Thu Jun 25 01:51:37 2009 (4A431069)
cfwids.sys Wed Mar 02 11:42:51 2011 (4D6E738B)
dc3d.sys Fri Apr 08 18:58:20 2011 (4D9F930C)
ewusbmdm.sys Mon Dec 07 06:53:24 2009 (4B1CECB4)
ewusbnet.sys Mon Dec ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236982-bsod-help-needed-problem-event-name-bluescreen.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I have had recurring "Errors" in my Event Viewer files that reference "Application hang" and Category 101/Event 1002 OR Catergory (none)/ Event 1001. Can some one enlighten me as to what may be the cause of this problem. Thanks. {redoak}

Relevancy 98.47%

Hello, I own an elitebook 8540w:

Windows 7 professional 64 bit
NVIDIA QUADRO FX 1800M
RAM: 8 Gb

I have noticed some daily hang up - lasting about 30 seconds: the only thing that seemed to work was the mouse pointer.
From the event viewer I see so many events like this:

Quote:

Event 17, WHEA-Logger

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting ( PCI Express)

Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x3:0x0
Vendor ID:Device ID: 0x8086:0xd138
Class Code: 0x30400

The details view of this entry contains further information.

Attached are the lines of the event viewer of those events.

Fix it please.
Thank you.

A:Why so many: "Event 17, WHEA-Logger" errors and Hang ups!

Hello,

You might start with some hardware tests:

RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Forums

Run all three Prime95 tests: CPU - Stress Test with Prime95 - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/why-so-many-event-17-whea-logger-errors-and-hang-ups-568787.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I'm getting this message when I right-click on a day in Calendar version 8.0 and select "New event":      "You don?t have permission to modify this event."     "The owner of this calendar doesn't allow you to create these items."(please see attached Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 9.35.06 PM   Wednesday  4-29-15.png)What to do?HALP !!!

A:Yosemite Calendar v8: "You donít have permission to modify this event."

Are you the one who entered the event?Can you enter a new event?I see you also posted this on another forum.Almost a year ago? No solution?The workaround is to stop using it and get another Calendar application.Best Calendar Apps and Utilities for MacThat's all I can tell you. 

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,150467.0.html
Relevancy 98.47%

About 2 days ago, my computer started randomly turning off and on. I would enter my password and it would load windows and run fine. As of yesterday it shut itself down and after I entered my password, it would give me that message. I would choose "Run Windows normally" and it would go to the screen with the Windows logo with the loading bar underneath of it. The loading bar doesn't have the scrolling green light though, and it just sits there. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 98.47%

I'm running Win XP Home - SP1. I just learned about the Event Viewer (Control Panel/Admin Tools) and the Security section shows a number of Anonymous Logons. It also shows Guest Logons, etc, along with "Failed Audits", indicating wrong passwords. Every other "Failed Audit" shows "MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0", with the following one showing my name.

I do have a home network with a wireless router. Only the laptop wireless card and PC network card MAC addresses are cleared for access. My closest neighbor is over 800 feet away so I'm confident that I'm not being accessed locally.

Any idea what this is all about?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-viewer-shows-anonymous-logons.345895/
Relevancy 98.47%

I ve been investigating an quot applications quot eventlog error occurring since upgrading to Check" Event Userenv 1517 4Me: "Reality ID: XP SP2 XP SP and would appreciate anyone else with SP XP SP2 "Reality Check" 4Me: Userenv Event ID: 1517 checking to see if they are experiencing the same error Instructions gt go to Start gt Run enter eventvwr msc and open the quot Applications quot log Do you see the following type error repeatedly Event Type Warning Event Source Userenv Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Click to expand If so go here and install the quot User Profile Hive Cleanup Service quot http www microsoft com downloads d- - e -b - e f amp displaylang en gt gt after installing and rebooting a couple of times go back to the Applications log and look for Event Type Information Event Source UPHClean Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User Computer Description The following handles in user have been closed because they were preventing the profile from unloading successfully svchost exe HKCU x Click to expand Do you see that issue occuring with quot svchost exe quot Your PID for svchost exe will vary mine was but this can vary as well Let me know I d like to ask you to try something else On my system this PID of svchost exe ran two services XP SP2 "Reality Check" 4Me: Userenv Event ID: 1517 quot termservices quot and quot dcomlaunch quot -- they are somewhat related It appears that temporarily disabling quot termservices quot and rebooting a couple of times eliminates the error when the service is later set back to manual But I m still watching this When rebooting with it disabled I did not see the Security Center quot sheild icon quot in the system tray nbsp

Relevancy 98.47%

Hi All I am currently planning to write a script that will Locally" policy Security on Event to "Log for changes Generate monitor the security event log for certain events like the creation of user accounts changes to policies etc The testing is done on a Windows server The local policies have success failure audit on all items available So what I started to do was to start testing what security events get generated when I perform different actions like changing policies and creating and modifying user accounts There appears to be some issue with the generation of Success event for some of the User Rights Assignment According to Microsoft it is supposed to generate an event with ID Something similar to Event ID x Type Success Audit Description User Right Assigned User Right Assigned To Assigned By User Generate Security Event for policy changes to "Log on Locally" Name Domain Logon ID The following rights that I tested were not Generate Security Event for policy changes to "Log on Locally" able to generate this event when I added a user to this right It was able to generate the event User Right Removed with no problems The following are the rights that have this issue These are the ones that I want to monitor specifically - Access this computer from the network - Deny access to this computer from the network - Deny logon locally - Log on locally I read some article about NT that says that these events are not generated but nothing pertaining to Windows http support microsoft com kb en-us So I think that this may be done by design but it seems strange that it will generate the event but not the event Does anyone know the reason why this is happening or can let me know a better way to monitor changes to these events Thanks in advance I have searched high and low and not found much on this Tom nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/generate-security-event-for-policy-changes-to-log-on-locally.525805/
Relevancy 98.47%

Hello I guess this isn't a huge issue since its more of an annoyance than anything I uninstalled Internet Explorer and configured my Indexing Options so it wouldn't include the location used for IE history I thought But this error pops up from time to time in the Event Viewer I have searched so many places for clues but came up with nothing so I turned here Not sure of the easiest format to display the errors and settings so here is a compiled image of the Event Viewer and Indexing Options http Event Error Search "iehistory://" Viewer i tinypic com w kdg jpg Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand that the Gatherer can't find the file location because it doesn't exist I tried searching the internet for quot S- - - - - - - quot but no results came up But after searching my computer I found a quot S- - - - - - - UserData bin quot file in the C Windows System wdi a b- c d- ddf-a c- faa Event Viewer Search Error "iehistory://" d directory Not Event Viewer Search Error "iehistory://" sure what this means although I'm not going to try deleting it Is this something that just happens if you uninstall Internet Explorer or could it have been caused when I used Event Viewer Search Error "iehistory://" CCleaner and it was still set to remove IE data even though it was uninstalled Again this isn't a critical thing so if no solution can be found no worries Just thought I'd ask thanks

A:Event Viewer Search Error "iehistory://"

Hello !!

Since Internet Explorer's rendering engine is also used throughout Windows and with third-party applications as an embeddable component, it won't completely uninstall—only the executable is actually removed. So even if you move Internet Explorer the traces would be still there.

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/91956-event-viewer-search-error-iehistory.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hello All-

I am getting this Error at every boot: "Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188."

System Basics:

> Dual-Boot Windows 7 and 8 (64 bit), each on its own hard drive (recent clean installs).

> Boot Manager is on the Windows 7 disk.

> I get this error on the Windows 8 OS only.

I've tried disabling ReadyBoot in Performance Monitor, but it re-enables at startup or restart.

Microsoft (for Windows 7) says to ignore, but it's making me crazy since I don't recall seeing it until recently, and can't think of any changes I've made that would be relevant.

Any suggestions?

Rob

A:Error Event ID 3 Session "ReadyBoot" stopped

are you actually expecting any help from this useless forum?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/17633-error-event-id-3-session-readyboot-stopped.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello my system is affected with the quot Security Tool quot malware which prevents installation of Malware Logs Tool" troubled . Totally "Security Attached anti-malware softwares such as malbytes anti-malware It has created a random directory in All Users Application Data and further prevents from running any software I can run in safe mode and delete that directory but it comes up again Cant install MBAM still in safe mode Infact MalwareBytes installs perfectly but then when I load it Totally troubled "Security Tool" Malware . Logs Attached up a dialog box will appear entitled quot Setup quot Unable to execute file directories CreateProcces failed code The system cannot find file specified the file specified being quot mbam exe quot I have tried to rename the setup no avail I am running off of Windows XP I am attaching logs from DDS and GMER ------------------------------------------------------------------ DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by std at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcrobatInfo exe C Documents and Settings std Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dll BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO FGCatchUrl f -aa - b - f d- a b e ef - c program files flashget jccatch dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dll BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO FlashGet GetFlash Class f e- ef- c- - ba dba - c program files flashget getflash dll BHO HP Smart BHO Class ffffffff-cf e- f b-bdc - e e a - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp BHO dll TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll TB FlashGet e e ab-f - d - d - ba e - c program files flashget fgiebar dll TB CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - No File mRun avast c progra alwils avast ashDisp exe mRun zapesowez Rundll exe quot c windows system huhomogi dll quot a mRun c docume alluse applic exe IE amp Download All with FlashGet - c program files flashget jc all htm IE amp Download with FlashGet - c program files flashget jc link htm IE amp WordWeb - c windows system wweb dll lookup html IE Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - c windows system GPhotos scr IE Convert link target to Adobe PDF - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html IE Convert link target to existing PDF - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html IE Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECaptureSelLinks html IE Convert selected links to existing PDF - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppendSelLinks html IE Convert selection to Adobe PDF - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html IE Convert selection to existing PDF - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html IE Convert to Adobe PDF - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECa... Read more

A:Totally troubled "Security Tool" Malware . Logs Attached

Hi,

You didn't mention that you've tried to run ComboFix. Please post its report if any was generated.

Please download exeHelper to your desktop.
Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix.
A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
Post the contents of log.txt (Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com)
Note: If the window shows a message that says Error deleting file, please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/totally-troubled-security-tool-malware-logs-attached-421264.html
Relevancy 98.04%

there is a program that I removed using the company's remover tool -- the program is adobe creative cloud 2015 -- and in windows file explorer, when I enter the "desktop" view, there is a white, blank file icon that bears the name "creative cloud files".
this icon has no properties and no apparent way to delete it.
what to do?
registry hack?

never mind, I rolled back my computer previous to installation of the very annoying creative cloud, which puts its icons all over the place without asking and without any way to remove them

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/32068-manage-desktop-view-file-explorer.html
Relevancy 97.61%

After upgrading to Windows 8.1, I keep getting Event id 257, Defrag: "The volume TI10664900J (C:) was not optimized because an error was encountered: The parameter is incorrect. (0x80070057)" in Event Viewer errors.

-

System

-

Provider

[
Name]
Microsoft-Windows-Defrag

-

EventID

[
Qualifiers]

Level

Task

Keywords
0x80000000000000

-

TimeCreated

[
SystemTime]
2013-11-12T16:21:45.000000000Z

EventRecordID

Channel
Application

Computer

Security

-

EventData

TI10664900J
(C:)

The parameter is
incorrect. (0x80070057)

00000000A40500005105000000000000629468641336AAB85B55B1B5B038000000000000

Any help would be appreciated.

A:More 8.1 problems: Event id 257, Defrag: "The volume TI10664900J (C:) was not optimized because an error was encountered: The parameter is incorrect. (0x80070057)"

Hi,
This issue could be caused if Defragment take operation on SSD. And as we know SSD cannot be defragged.

To check if your SSD has been defragmented, please run following powershell command:

Get-EventLog -LogName Application -Source "microsoft-windows-defrag" | sort timegenerated -desc | fl timegenerated, message
Judging by the drive letter, you can easily see if your SSD drive gets defragmented. The SSD volume below has been correctly re-trimmed first, but then erroneously defragged.
You can try following steps to avoid defragmentation of your SSD:
Exclude SSD from automatic maintenance
Open the disk optimizer (dfrgui):

Press "Change Settings".      
Press "Choose" and remove checkboxes from SSD volumes.
In addition, I will document it and confirm with product team if it is by design.
Keep post.Kate Li
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/90558f89-6dbb-4004-be9a-c7cd391b03ef/more-81-problems-event-id-257-defrag-quotthe-volume-ti10664900j-c-was-not-optimized-because?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 97.61%

Hi folks Has anyone else noticed that their event viewer to be far more busy than in Windows Got all sorts of strange errors in mine Not sure Win Event You - be "busier"? yours to finding 8 Viewer whether it's drivers app compatibility or what Win 8 Event Viewer - You finding yours to be "busier"? Like this for instance Windows detected your registry file is still Win 8 Event Viewer - You finding yours to be "busier"? in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass ex e has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass ex e has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass ex e has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System lsass ex e has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings And some of these type ones taskhostex An attempt to open the file quot C Users Damien AppData Local Microsoft Windows W ebCache WebCacheV dat quot for read only access failed with system error x quot The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process quot The open file operation will fail with error - xfffffbf What the hell

A:Win 8 Event Viewer - You finding yours to be "busier"?

Something is opening registry handles to your user's registry or files in your profile and isn't letting go. It's doing so as part of a svchost, which means it's probably a task running in task scheduler. Have you installed any software that would have added any scheduled tasks?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/11310-win-8-event-viewer-you-finding-yours-busier.html
Relevancy 97.61%

Hello...
I have a Dell Optiplex GS270 that is giving me a "shutdown due to a thermal event" error and then will not boot before shutting down. The first thing I tried was a thorough cleaning with canned air and a damp sponge (where applicable).
No luck... just a repeat of above.
Next I checked the posts here and tried
"Start the system.
Press 'F2' to enter System Setup.
Under the Maintenance heading, highlight 'System Event Log' and press the 'Enter' key.
Highlight 'Clear System Event Log' and press the 'Enter' key.
Press the 'Esc' key twice to restart."
Again... a repeat of problem.
Is my next recourse to replace the heatsink/fan or.....
Hate to buy parts I may not need.
Thanks for any help offered!
Jan

A:Dell PC with "Thermal Event" problems... PLEASE help!

By all means remove the heatsink and fan, clean them and re-attach with a little fresh thermal compound. Thernal paste can dry out and crack. It is then worse than none at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-pc-with-thermal-event-problems-please-help.1080090/
Relevancy 97.61%

I am using windows 7 x64 RC, My event viewer is filled with "Known folders" errors like this:Error 0x80070005 occurred while creating known folder {3eb685db-65f9-4cf6-a03a-e3ef65729f3d} with path 'C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming'.Any ideas? Never seen this before.This is my second time installing windows 7 Rc. I installed it yesterday, then mysteriously got a BSOD 0x0000007E (no error msg) today.

A: "Known folders" errors in event viewer

The 0x07E error is usually the controller. Folder access problems also indicate some disk corruption problem.Rating posts helps other users
Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/047bdb94-9958-4e8e-a112-4555e1ee3ad4/quotknown-foldersquot-errors-in-event-viewer?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 97.61%

I'm running WinNT 4.0 Server (SP5).
I noticed in the Event Viewer the message "The device \Device\Harddisk1\Partition1 has a bad block". The Event ID is 7 and the source is Disk.
I understand that part of the hard drive may be unuseable (I couldn't find much documentation on this error), although the server seems to be functioning fine (so far...).
What should I do, troubleshooting wise, as a result of this error? Also, any specific information on Bad Block errors would be greatly appreciated!

------------------
Howard Feldsott

A:"BAD BLOCK" error in Event Viewer - NT4

Well, for the NT part, you should really be in the NT forum.

Since you have a hardware question though, lets answer that first.

What brand hard drive is it? Most companies have utilities that you can run on the drive to test it.

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech

7/9 added two pay to listen to music sites

I've gotten 5 $18 amazon.com GCs in 4 weeks listening to music! http://www.rkfdcore.com/ebaypics/referrals.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-block-error-in-event-viewer-nt4.33511/
Relevancy 97.18%

Many people have posted about Event 2 - Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035.  I have not seen any posts where someone from Microsoft explained why this event occurs, why it occurs
in groups of 20 in about 10 seconds, how to prevent it, or whether it is something to be lived with.
Can anyone, especially someone from the NTdebugging team, a/k/a Global Escalation Services (GES), address this?
Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1c28d02c-184b-40f8-9f3f-b6bc50159000/microsoft-explanation-of-event-2-session-quotcircular-kernel-context-loggerquot-failed-to?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 96.75%

Made a HUGE mistake, messed with the settings under "My Computer" > "Manage" > "Services> and also the "Local Users". Now having trouble, can not see my "Start and Task Bar", the "windows"+ ''e" is no longer working.

How can I restore the Services & the Local Users account without having to reinstall my whole computer? I am afraid I will loose lots of files... I do not remember what exactly I changed, but some of the "Services" I changed to "disable" now when I try to open properties and change them back, I am unable. The right click to get to properties is not working.

Your help is highly appreciated.

A:How to restore the defaults for "services" under "My Computer" > "Manage>

I am not sure about the "quick" way of restoring, but what you can do is go back to services, "RIGHT-CLICK" the white area select "HELP" then the third option is "Default settings for services"

you can see what the default was and manually restore it. I have tried to copy and paste it below

==========================================================

Service Startup Type Log On As Additional information
Alerter Manual Local Service
Application Layer Gateway Manual Local Service
Application Management Manual Local System
Automatic Updates Automatic Local System
ClipBook Manual Local System
COM+ Event System Manual Local System
COM+ System Application Manual Local System
Computer Browser Automatic Local System
Cryptographic Services Automatic Local System
DHCP Client Automatic Local System
Distributed Link Tracking Client Automatic Local System
Error Reporting Automatic Local System
Event Log Automatic Local System
Help and Support Automatic Local System
IMAPI CD-Burning COM Manual Local System
Internet Connection Sharing Manual Local System
IPSec Services Automatic Local System
Logical Disk Manager Automatic Local System
Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service Manual Local System
MS Software Shadow Copy Provider Manual Local System
Net Logon Automatic Local System
NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing Manual Local System
Network Connections Manual Local System
Network DDE Manual Local System
Network DDE DSDM Manual Local System
Network Location Awareness (NLA) Manual Local System
NT LM Security Support Provider Manual Local System
Performance Logs and Alerts Manual Network Service
Plug and Play Automatic Local System
Portable media serial number Automatic Local System
Print Spooler Automatic Local System
Protected Storage Automatic Local System
QoS RSVP Manual Local System
Remote Access Auto Connection Manager Manual Local System
Remote Access Connection Manager Manual Local System
Remote Desktop Help Session Manager Manual Local System
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Automatic Local System
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator Manual Network Service
Remote Registry Automatic Local Service
Removable Storage Manual Local System
Routing and Remote Access Manual Local System
Secondary Logon Automatic Local System
Security Accounts Manager Automatic Local System
Shell Hardware Detection Automatic Local System
Smart Card Manual Local Service
Smart Card Helper Manual Local Service
SSDP Discovery Manual Local Service
System Event Notification Automatic Local System
System Restore Service Automatic Local System
Task Scheduler Automatic Local System
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Automatic Local Service
Telephony Manual Local System
Telnet Manual Local System
Terminal Services Manual Local System
Themes Automatic Local System
Uninterruptable Power Supply Manual Local Service
UPnP Device Host Manual Local System
Upload Manager Automatic Local System
Utility Manager Manual Local System
Volume Shadow Copy Manual Local System
WebClient Automatic Local Service
Windows Audio Automatic Local System
Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing Automatic Local System
Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Manual Local System
Windows Installer Manual Local System
Windows Management Instrumentation Automatic Local System
Windows Time Automatic Local System
Wireless Zero Configuration service Automatic Local System
WMI Performance Adapter Manual Local System
Workstation Automatic Local System

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-restore-the-defaults-for-services-under-my-computer-manage-367715.html
Relevancy 96.32%

I have looked around for help on this issue and havn t been able to find a resolution that works I think because I havn t been able to find any imformation on my specific issue I am one of the most computer literate people I know so when a co-worker mentioned to me that he was having problems with his computer I agreed to look at it His problem was simple he had Windows off" repair "open with" (userinit.exe) "logs Solved: after a lot of viruses I have cleared most however I assume not all viruses and instinces of spyware The computer worked fine for Solved: Windows "logs off" after "open with" repair (userinit.exe) a little while while I did some final checks on his computer then the problems started He has a Dell Inspiron m Laptop running Windows XP Pro Service tag sk As far as I can tell he has not added or upgraded it in any way He only has some basic programs I know that the issues might have something to do with his wireless He is running the Intel PRO Wireless BG The computer is getting stop errors BSOD The first one was called DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Stop x D amd listed the file w n sys which upon further study turned out to be a file related to his wireless I have already updated the drivers and reinstalled the program with the latest versions on the Intel website I also noticed though with not frequent the stop error with the same name and stop code but which listed the NDIS sys file which upon further study turned out to be a system utility and now I have gotten a stop error of x A IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL but without a listed file I have tried without success to repair the problem but I havn t been able to find something that could fix it I am very computer literate and know what I am doing mostly but when it comes to the more advanced items I might need some guidance Also I suspect that this might be unrelated but there is still an issue on his computer which I suspect might be a virus but havn t been able to download a good virus software program because of these stop errors For some reason when I attempt to open the C drive his only drive from My Computer it opens up the quot Open With quot dialog box On right click the quot open quot command has been replaced with some seemingy random characters They dont spell anything that I can figure but do still resemble english letters though with different symols does that make sense its not like quot flklfahsf quot its a number of characters that have no meaning to me I can still quot explore quot the drive by right clicking and have been told that I should look for the autorun ini and the autorun inf files and delete them but they weren t present hidden or visible There was an autorun something cant remember file present but I was reluctant to do anything with it I assume that this is related to some virus but like I said I havn t been able to download norton without the computer stopping before the download finished Any help would be great I can get screenshots of some of these problems or post logs whatever is needed for you to help Any help would be much appreciated both my coworker and I don t make a lot of money so were trying to avoid shop costs Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Windows "logs off" after "open with" repair (userinit.exe)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-logs-off-after-open-with-repair-userinit-exe.686069/
Relevancy 96.32%

Dear Experts,

I have created windows image on Drive F: but delete it after some time manually due to some space prob.
But while backup shows about 40 GB only few GB space got free after deletion. When i try to again take the the backup using windows 7 backup & restore option, its still shows 35 Gb of System Image in drive F: when i brows the Manage Disc Space option but i cant find it on the same drive. (Plz see attached pic)
Plz help me to locate this and delete the same.

Thanks

A:Cant find "System Image" of 36 GB but its shows on "Manage Disc Space"

Hello sattyaji, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It may still be showing if the system image was created as part of a Windows backup. Using the tutorial below to reset Windows Backup should clear it for you, but you will need to set up your backup again afterwards.

Backup User and System Files - Reset to Default Configuration

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/284067-cant-find-system-image-36-gb-but-its-shows-manage-disc-space.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I have relatively new PC with Windows 8.1 but recently I am getting a message on start up that "Windows could not connect to Group Policy service" . This then asks me to look at the Event log.
I notice that the Event log has " Special log on " every time I log on .
Are theses messages related ?
Is this normal ?
Have I a bug of some description?
I have ran Norton 360 and malwarebytes - nothing reported.
Any ideas?

A:On start up am getting "special log on" in the event log

Are you talking about Event ID 4672?
This one probably occurs next to your login event because your ID has adminstrator privilege?

See Audit Sensitive Privilege Use

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53254-start-up-am-getting-special-log-event-log.html
Relevancy 95.89%

This is kinda long but here goes My computer started freezing a few weeks ago and I had to manually turn it off and on over and Computer 51" freezing "Event and over and over My boyfriend helped me with it and first found out that my ram was bad So I got some new ram and we tested it and it was all good I then wiped my hard drive and reinstalled my operating system My computer was better but still having problems until finally it wouldn t boot I used a cd of Ubuntu to boot my computer and since the computer worked fine this way my boyfriend said that the problem was that my hard drive failed However it is kinda odd that my ram would Computer freezing and "Event 51" go bad and my hard drive would fail at the same time Also Ubuntu found bad Computer freezing and "Event 51" blocks on my drive He said that possibly the connection between the hard drive and motherboard became loose while installing the ram so I disconnected and reconnected the sata cable on both ends and then I was able to boot my computer from the hard drive and then it froze up right away I was able to get windows to run disk check on it and it said the drive was clean It is now running better than it has in a few weeks but it still freezes up frequently I tried looking up a way to find some sort of a log and I learned about the event viewer It seems that the times it freezes up I get this warning quot An error was detected on device Device Harddisk D during a paging operation quot The event id is quot quot I ve tried looking that up and found that this can mean a number of things Could anyone give me an idea of where I can go from here to find out what the problem is with my computer If it helps this is the code at the bottom of the event properties box in quot words quot b d bf e a ffffffff a a e b e fa f a b f b nbsp

A:Computer freezing and "Event 51"

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/ee_basic.aspx

check the windows task manager performance tab for settings memory usage and cpu usage
recheck the connections on the hdd and reset the memory chips(remove and reset in the slots) check the settings in the bios for hdd
check in disk manager that the partition is ntfs and a primary(active partition)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing-and-event-51.863638/
Relevancy 95.89%

Is there a logical sane reason why a perfectly normal avatar on another forum "Event" Strange Computer would present itself as a pornographic pic on my computer Last night it happened to me This particular avatar would show up as a porno Strange Computer "Event" pic but when I tried to copy it and save it it was quot normal quot My son and I both saw it but when I asked someone on a different computer to go to the same page it was quot Strange Computer "Event" normal quot I clicked on this page numerous times and sometimes it was the normal avatar and sometimes it was the porno thing Norton has caught many instances of the W swen virus in rogue emails in the last few days but they were always quarantined before opening Trendmicro online scan picked up instances of WORM GIBE B in my restore files last night but I got rid of them Norton didn t pick up on it in my weekly full scan So far today it hasn t presented itself but it was so bizarre that I m just wondering if anyone else has ever heard of this or experienced it It is totally new and bizarre to me No I m not on drugs nbsp

Relevancy 95.89%

I updated my New Viewer" Folder "Event ATI video card drivers from the factory installed drivers to the Catalyst s today after installing Microsoft NET Framework first After installing the new ATI drivers along with the Catalyst Control Centre as per the instructions on ATI s site I noticed something in Event Viewer In addition to the New "Event Viewer" Folder normal Application Security and System folders a new one appears there called quot ACEEventLog quot At the time that folder appeared I noticed an Information event under quot Application quot that had to do with the creation of that new folder In it it mentions that it has to do with CLI exe which of course is New "Event Viewer" Folder a component of Catalyst Control Centre Is it safe to just ignore that new folder called ACEEventLog I m not sure why it is there but I m sure it appeared with the new ATI drivers because I check my Event Viewer on a daily basis I ve attached some screenshots to explain what I m talking about nbsp

A:New "Event Viewer" Folder

Now that I have shut the computer off and turned it back on later, events were added to that new folder.

I've attached 2 more pics- one at 6:51pm that occurred when I logged off the computer, and the one from 7:10pm occurred when I turned it back on later.

Do these things mean anything? Are they harmless if I don't do anything about them?

Rollin' Rog, Cookiegal... someone help me please.

It sounds like this thread over here, but I'm not sure what to do:

http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message.asp?p=2911&r=4585665

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-event-viewer-folder.427525/
Relevancy 95.89%

Everytime i close or try to save a Word document i get the following error message "Word could not fire event".
I currently have MS Word 97 on my computer.
What is causing this error message?
How can i fix it?

------------------
Wanda Ortiz

A:"Word Could Not Fire Event"

It is most likely a corrupted normal.dot. Find your normal.dot file and rename it to normal.old. This should solve the problem, but you will lose any saved macros or autotext or other customizations. Periodically, I make a backup copy of normal.old to avoid losing all my customizations as this problem does occur, it seems, on a relatively frequent basis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-could-not-fire-event.36007/
Relevancy 95.89%

This morning my pc startup ended in ' computer has rebooted from a bugcheck' . I subsequently found,later, after I had uninstalled my new BDIS 2015 install (I thought it was the culprit) that I had two Event 55 ntfs Errors ("The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume \Device\HarddiskVolume3"). I ran complete Disk Doctor checkup on "C" after windows prompted, and it said "C" drive is clean. No bad sectors. I haven't run WD utility thorough check yet though. I'm a bit worried here.

A:Sudden "Event 55 ntfs" on HDD

What is (BDIS 2015)?

Microsoft answer might help you.

Source: ntfs Event ID: 55 (Windows Operating System 5.2.3790.1830) - Technet Events And Errors Message Center: Message Details

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/367049-sudden-event-55-ntfs-hdd.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Event ID error quot x quot re WMI -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I inadvertenly deleted some files and then lost some elements of my desktop settings and other misc stuff I tried using system restore several times and everytime it finished I got a message that it didn't restore anything When I checked to see what the problem was I first got an EVENT ID with code x quot I googled this and found some fixes which I applied and then ran system restore I got EVENT ID with different code quot x quot Applied some other suggestion ran system restore and of course got EVENT ID and this time error quot x quot 10. error "0x80041003" re:WMI Event ID with the following script - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-WMI Guid edeee - afe- -b Event ID 10. error "0x80041003" re:WMI -d c b b f EventSourceName WinMgmt - EventID Qualifiers Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel Application Computer Sam-PC Security - EventData root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Log Name Application Source Microsoft-Windows-WMI Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Sam-PC Description Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WMI quot Guid quot edeee - afe- -b -d c b b f quot EventSourceName quot WinMgmt quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt Event ID 10. error "0x80041003" re:WMI lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Sam-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt root CIMV lt Data gt lt Data gt SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage amp gt lt Data gt lt Data gt x lt Data gt lt EventData gt Can anyone help I'm lost and I just want to restore it to where it was and not have to reformat and reinstall a fresh operating system and all the nonsense that goes with it By the way I do have a backup on a removable drive which I may be able to use however when checking the event log I see that I have been getting this EVENT ID since forever Thanks Specs Gateway Desktop Vista Home Premium x service pack gig ram all updates

A:Event ID 10. error "0x80041003" re:WMI

Hi -

Please see this MS KB Event 10 & 0x80041003 --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950375

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/event-id-10-error-0x80041003-re-wmi-510323.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I got couple machines with repeating "error:cdrom, device is not ready" in XP event log.

these are LitleON SATA DVD R/W. DVD R/W seems to be working, the repeating error message is slowing down the machine.

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-cdrom-xp-event-log-570881.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi,

In every 3d game I play the game will freeze( sometimes seconds sometimes up to a minute) or freeze and lockup the computer. I checked the event viewer and it shows I am getting an nv error. Does anybody have any idea how to correct this? I've tried updating drivers,changing out the sound card,and moving pci cards around so my geforce ti500 card is on its on irq.
It has been a little more stable since I've done this but I've had this problem for over a year. I'm using xp. I'd apprewciate any help you guys can give me.

Thanks,
Dennis

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nv-error-in-event-viewer.117889/
Relevancy 93.31%

Alright started getting the BugCheck crash with Event Kernel-Power BSOD a few times not long ago widely spaced out incidents it will lock up make a very weird repetitive Event Event BugCheck k57nd60a Kernel-Power 1001 41 4 Event noise through my stereo speakers and will also get black and white bars across the screen before the blue screen turns up and asks for restart option choice And Event k nd a has been Event 1001 BugCheck Event 41 Kernel-Power Event 4 k57nd60a ongoing for Event 1001 BugCheck Event 41 Kernel-Power Event 4 k57nd60a as long as I can remember Any ideas Event BugCheck The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x b x c xfffff a xfffff c a x A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting quot Guid quot ABCE E -DE - - - FA C quot EventSourceName quot BugCheck quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Event 1001 BugCheck Event 41 Kernel-Power Event 4 k57nd60a Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Master lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt x b x c xfffff a xfffff c a x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt C Windows MEMORY DMP lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt - - lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Also I have checked the provided location for that dump file but it's not letting me get to it Event Kernel-Power - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Master lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xc lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff a lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff c a lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Event k nd a Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet The network link is down Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot k nd a quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Master lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt Device NDMP lt Data gt lt Data gt Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet lt Data gt lt Binary gt lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt EDIT Further information BlueScreenView for this event shows ndis sys amp afd sys amp ntoskrnl exe in pink Bug check string SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug check code x b Parameter c Parameter fffff a Parameter fffff c a Parameter Caused by driver afd sys Caused by address afd sys a Crash address ntoskrnl exe cc

A:Event 1001 BugCheck Event 41 Kernel-Power Event 4 k57nd60a

Memory exception but we need to examine the DMP files to find out why.

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP
We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32.
To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter

When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224259-event-1001-bugcheck-event-41-kernel-power-event-4-k57nd60a.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I am developing a WinRT app. One of the requirements is that the app should have a "timed logout" feature. What this means is that on any screen, if the app has been idle for 10 mins, the app should logout and navigate back to the home screen.

By using this link and applied the logic given in below link

http://stackoverflow.com/a/18878954/3560390

Its works fine in all screens except webview,because webview not supports any touch event or tap event.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.ui.xaml.controls.webview.aspx

How to enable "timed logout" feature in WinRT webview ?

Any help is welcome..

Thanks!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c9674d02-d5b7-4d17-b1d4-b57886d64b5a/winrt-how-to-enable-quottimed-logoutquot-feature-in-webview-or-detect-pointer-pressedtapping?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 92.02%

I've just recently encountered a baffling problem: I browse to some folders in Explorer, and the files I expect to see are all there. However, every app I've tried to open or otherwise load these files reports "File not found"!
Opening a cmd window and performing a Dir command also shows all the files.
I found a couple of apps that promise to reveal extended info about specified files, but when I navigate to these files and select one to process, both of these tools also report "File not found".
I've run chkdsk and other utils on the drive holding these files several times, and each time it reports no errors found.
I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 Pro SP1 with the latest updates.
WTF? Can anyone help me resolve this weird issue, please?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e1e70c55-637d-4a6e-9364-358a6bebf695/files-seen-in-explorer-but-all-applications-trying-to-open-them-report-quotfile-not-foundquot?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 92.02%

Man it's so annoying ! After about 2 minutes on internet explore a message comes up and it says somethin about sending and error report and i can click "Send error report" or "Don't Send". At first I just kept hitting don't send, but it kept coming back. I also tried sending the error report but it doesn't help! It's been hapening for about a month now. Please if anyone knows how to fix this it would help me a lot! Thanks!

Relevancy 92.02%

Okay this problem has been seen plenty of times by others so I've read some threads now offering a fix but none of them solves the problem Upon booting Windows after entering my password for several minutes I see the message quot Please wait for the System Event Notification Service quot or words to that effect After a while the machine finishes booting and the desktop shows up but immediately a message shows up near the notification area reading Quote quot Failed to connect Event Can't Notification Crisis! Connect System Nothing helps! to Svc- to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system As an administrative user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond quot But it's lying You cannot use the event viewer if the System Event Notification Service isn't running BTW SENS System Event Notification Service is set to start automatically If it matters the last things I did prior to encountering this problem were Uninstalled iTunes Installed older version of iTunes iTunes failed to launch properly due to various error messages Performed System Restore from last night before step occurred then rebooted SENS problem first appeared and when I finally got Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps! to the desktop I saw a message saying that the System Restore failed and that I should try again Every subsequent System Restore I tried failed in the same way as --- One alleged quot fix quot was to boot into Safe Mode start the SENS then run the event viewer but in my case I absolutely cannot start SENS So I cannot run the event viewer either --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to use the command quot netsh winsock Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps! reset quot but whether in Safe Mode or not although the command completed normally it did not Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps! fix the problem --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to run quot SFC Scannow quot This is something I do fairly often but it doesn't fix this problem --- Another alleged quot fix quot is to startup without any user startup programs and without any non-Microsoft services as follows Clean Boot Run msconfig Chose quot Selective Startup quot Disable quot Load startup items quot Go to Services tab select Hide All Microsoft Services Select quot Disable All quot to disable all non-MS services Reboot But this did not fix the problem either --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to stop the Font Cache service rename the font cache to old then reboot But this did not fix the problem either --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to delete all the files under quot C Windows System winevt Logs quot This didn't work either -- Another alleged quot fix quot is to run a Hotfix described at KB Weirdly you're not allowed to just download the Hotfix MS actually REQUIRES that you request that the link to the file be emailed to you I made that request at pm local time but it's pm now and I still haven't received the email I'll try it when I MS decides they can trust me with it but does anyone have any other suggestions as to how to fix this crisis Thanks

A:Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps!

Quote: Originally Posted by Thenin

...You cannot use the event viewer if the System Event Notification Service isn't running!...

Sadly, you have multiple issues. I have no problem seeing the event logs while SENS is stopped/disabled... even after restarting the W7pro64bit Virtual Machine.

Perhaps I got to the log files in a way that is different than what you tried. I did the following:

Start > right-click on Computer
Select Manage from the context menu.
Drill down to the event log of interest.

After selecting a particular log (e.g. System) I did have to let it sit for several seconds before the middle pane populated with info. I have seen this take several minutes. You might try leaving it selected over night :-(

I'm not a big fan of the System Restore process. You might be looking at doing a Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/377825-crisis-cant-connect-system-event-notification-svc-nothing-helps.html
Relevancy 91.16%

My PC has been a little temperamental the last few weeks but it has finally given up on me Now my problem is different from others stated on this forum that I've found When I boot my PC normally it gets as far as quot Starting Windows quot with the logo there then stops For a while it would just take a while and go through quot Preparing Desktop quot then I'd have to fix that every couple days but now it's stopped entirely I've followed as many of the fixes I've found on here but nothing has helped Where my problem differs is I am able to enter Safe Mode without issue In fact I'm posting this Windows" 7 at helps on stuck fix forums "Starting NO Windows these from quot Safe Mode with Networking quot right now However I cannot boot normally I'm running Windows Home Premium bit Can Windows 7 stuck at "Starting Windows" NO fix on these forums helps anyone PLEASE help me I've put Windows 7 stuck at "Starting Windows" NO fix on these forums helps a lot of money in this computer and not only that I use it for all of my university work and I can't Windows 7 stuck at "Starting Windows" NO fix on these forums helps afford to replace it Please I NEED a fix desperately

A:Windows 7 stuck at "Starting Windows" NO fix on these forums helps

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot
The steps will eventually lead to backing up of your personal data and files, and then a complete clean install of Windows 7. The steps also cover hardware problems related to booting issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/285888-windows-7-stuck-starting-windows-no-fix-these-forums-helps.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I recently built a call log database in Access for my team to use when calling agents on our top errors we see from a vendor s error report My boss is requesting a report to see how many items have been resolved I have a query started and I am trying to complete this task in a single query count Query: Return 2007 Access "Yes" M Solved: and values for of "No" Analyst/Report if possible instead of several queries as I ve Solved: Access 2007 Query: Return count of "Yes" and "No" values for Analyst/Report M done for a couple other things I have tables I m using Assignment AgtInfo and CallLog Joins as follows Assignment st AgtInfo agcy st AgtInfo agt id CallLog agt id Fields in the results Assignment assigned analyst CallLog rpt mnth CallLog resolved Resolved is a yes no field I ve done a query that converts the - to a so that the sum is a positive number for the quot Yes quot values I m not sure how to enter the expression to subract the quot Yes quot values from the total number of values yes no to get to my quot No quot count Essentially I d like the results to display as assigned analyst rpt mnth CountYes resolved CountNo resolved Somehow the connection is just not clicking in my brain with everything I ve read though searches Any help is appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Access 2007 Query: Return count of "Yes" and "No" values for Analyst/Report M

It is easier to add another column to counf the Nos, use
0 or is null
as the IIf statement and use a 1 to count them

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-2007-query-return-count-of-yes-and-no-values-for-analyst-report-m.1141703/
Relevancy 90.73%

This tool appears from time to time on my XPpro system but I can never find it when I want to use it. I look in All Programs or do a search.
Where is it
Can I make a shortcut for it
Can I set it to show filmstrip
Can I train it to repeat the same action on a series of photos
Thanks for any help on this.

Relevancy 90.73%

Is it possible to examine the event logs (*.evt) of Win NT/2000 on a windows 95/98 pc? If so, how?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-logs-of-win-nt-2000-on-windows-95-98.47611/
Relevancy 90.73%

A nbsp few days ago I installed a fresh install of Windows Premium x on my mediacenter in order to be able to update to Windows After having installed all available updates for Windows I still didn't receive the DWX icon in the system tray I had this issue before with my desktop pc and followed the resolution I received exists selected Scheduler longer Task task "{0}" 413) The - ID (event no on my thread nbsp here regarding that issue One of the actions described there was to schedule a task under quot application experience quot in the task scheduler and to run the GWX exe as administrator After doing that I received the GWX icon in the system tray and I signed up for Windows However I still wasn't receiving the update via Windows update Therefore I wanted to repeat the sequence of scheduling a task and when opening the task scheduler I received the error below Pressing refresh gives me the same error When I press OK and select one of the individual tasks for example application experience I don't see any tasks scheduled and get the same error message see screenshot below When I look at services msc as an administrator I see that the service is started but I'm not able to change its status because all options are greyed out see screenshot below Therefore restarting the service is not possible When I look in Windows Event Logs Task Scheduler - The selected task "{0}" no longer exists (event ID 413) WEL I see that the last couple of days I received a Task Scheduler error with Event ID see screenshot below I searched the internet for this error and I find tons of results but have not really find a solution Some threads argue that changing the computer name could cause this problem I figured that the only thing that has changed recently was on november nd when I changed the computer name from quot Mediacenter PC quot to quot Mediacenter quot When I looked in WEL I saw that the first message appeared on November nd Since changing the name to cause this problem sounded reasonable I thought that changing it back would solve everything but unfortunately that is not true Other threads suggest to check if the tasks on location C windows system tasks correspond with registery entries at HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Schedule TaskCache Tree They also suggest to remove all entries under HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Schedule TaskCache Tree when all tasks correspond However these threads do not confirm that this is the solution Besides that I don't want to screw up my freshly installed Windows installation by removing the wrong registry entries and nog being able to update to Windows without doing a re-install Below you find a copy paste of the XML text from WEL - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp - lt System gt nbsp nbsp lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-TaskScheduler quot Guid quot DE B EA- C - A - D- BDADCFA quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventID gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp lt Version gt lt Version gt nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp lt Correlation gt nbsp nbsp lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt Mediacenter lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt nbsp nbsp lt System gt - lt EventData Name quot LoadJobsFailed quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot ResultCode quot gt lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp lt Event gt My questions Can somebody here confirm that the removed entries will automatically be build up again by the system and therefore also quot application experience quot task will be present again Is there anybody who can help find the solution to this problem Wo... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f97d0ab6-3b06-41bb-b023-63d1e4b3a6c3/task-scheduler-the-selected-task-quot0quot-no-longer-exists-event-id-413?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 90.3%

quot dependency chain quot quot windows quot internet quot windows explorer quot At the time of this writing this search in Google will produce one result at best Am I searching the wrong things I have tried a couple handfuls of variants and "dependency 7" chain" internet "windows explorer" "windows I am coming up with zilch Though I am fairly well versed in Windows from working on other people's machines I decided to stick with good old XP because of one issue above "dependency chain" "windows 7" internet "windows explorer" all else When I instructed my firewall to block Windows Explorer from accessing the Internet it completely cut me off from the Internet no ifs ands or buts My understanding of why this is happened leads me to believe the dependency chain for Internet access goes through Windows Explorer I have long had a habit of blocking my File Manager of choice access to the Internet because well it's a file manager Admittedly my one experience with Windows on my own machine was a retired student version of Server R but as soon as I found out that was the case I decided not to make the move to Windows and went back to my XP installation I believe I was using Sunbelt Personal Firewall at the time I now use PCTools Free Firewall Is this still the case with Windows Is there a workaround if it is I haven't tried to recreate this on another person's machine KronKyrios

A:"dependency chain" "windows 7" internet "windows explorer"

Hi KronKyrios, welcome to 7F!

I did find some very old information that may shed some light:
http://www.pctools.com/forum/showthread.php?17198-explorer.exe-(W98)&p=58079#post58079

"Launch Browser Windows in a Separate Process" Setting Is Not Available in Internet Explorer 5.01 or Internet Explorer 5.5

You can go into Services and check:
Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
Network Connections
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Windows Management Instrumentation

R-click on each one, then Properties, then the Dependencies Tab.
You would have to cross check each one that is listed.

Here is a good list to help you: Black Viper’s Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Service Configurations

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/206824-dependency-chain-windows-7-internet-windows-explorer.html