Windows Support Forum

Is there anyway to make my laptop run Skyrim better?

Q: Is there anyway to make my laptop run Skyrim better?

I bought an HP Pavillion DV6 around 2 years ago. Recently I started gaming but I have been limited to the older games that run better on my laptop. I recently bought The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim off steam because it was on sale for $5 (what a deal!). My laptop hardly runs it on the lowest settings with all other applications closed. The movement is choppy and all around terrible. I was wondering if there are any upgrades I can purchase or any settings I can change in order to make it run a little better? Few details about the computer, Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450 CPU @2.50GHz, RAM: 8.00GB, 64bit OS. I really don't know much about computers so I don't know if any of this is relevant... Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Is there anyway to make my laptop run Skyrim better?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Is there anyway to make my laptop run Skyrim better?

With having integrated graphics (not a dedicated graphics card), you will most likely never get Skyrim to play properly. Most Laptop computers cannot be upgraded like desktop computer. You are limited to what the manufacture allows you to upgrade (in your case it is just RAM). If you truly want to play Skyrim on your laptop, I would suggest the following settings for running the game:

Resolution: 1280x720 (if this is still choppy - drop to 1024x768 or 800x600)
Antialiasing : OFF
Anisotropic Filtering: OFF
Texture Quality: MEDIUM
Radial Blur Quality: LOW
Shadow Detail: LOW
Decal Quantity: NONE
FXAA: UNCHECKED
ALL Water (Reflect Land/Trees/Objects/Sky): UNCHECKED

Hope this answers your questions. Let us know how this works out for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-anyway-to-make-my-laptop-run-skyrim-better.207817/
Relevancy 63.21%

hello i have a windows vista and would like to not get a new computer so i can get new speakers instead. i m not sure what it takes to make games playable.

skyrim is playable as is right now at the lowest setting but it goes really slow sometimes.

my computer looks like this

Processor: AMD Phenom ™ 9759 Quad Core processor 2.40 Ghz
Memory (RAM) 8 Gb
System type: 64 bit operating system

windows vista home premium copyright 2007
service pack 2

my video card is NVidia GeForce 9100

and currently my physical memory used is 46% all the time, and about 9 percent for cpu usage.

A:hello, what can i use to make skyrim playable on my computer?

Recommended System Requirements, Skyrim

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507910/hello-what-can-i-use-to-make-skyrim-playable-on-my-computer/
Relevancy 55.47%

Anyone know of a good laptop, ranging from £500 to £800 that has equal to or better specs than the recommended - http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:System_Requirements#Officially_Recognized_Specifications -
for TES V:Skyrim?

I know most of you will tell me a desktop is better but it has to be a laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-to-run-skyrim.202352/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am using a HP Pavilion 15-p032nd notebook-pc (ENERGY STAR) the specifications of this laptop are: AMD A8-6410 with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics12GB RAM1TB SSHDAMD Radeon R7 M260 I've already tried the following ways to fix it, but none of these options work * Add Skryim to the Catalyst control center* Disable on-board Radeon R5 graphics* Low settings and low resolution* turning off the R5 graphics in my BIOS Also I can't change to the R7 M260 since the only option for a GPU is: AMD Radeon R5 GraphicsI hope there is a solution to my problem

A:Why can't my laptop run Skyrim properly?

Npo97 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about graphics problem in Win10 and wanted to help -- but need more information. Also, I see you're running Win10.  Did the PC come preinstalled with Win10? Or, did you upgrade it from a prior OS to Win10?  Asking because if you Upgraded it, there's the possibility that you're not running the right Video driver as the Upgrade tool often can not detect the right video hardware in PC with switchable graphics -- like yours. We can proceed once you provide the information.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Why-can-t-my-laptop-run-Skyrim-properly/td-p/5607201
Relevancy 54.18%

That's pretty much it...
Why the hell can't my computer run flash games without 2 milisecond pauses every one to three seconds? It runs Skyrim flawlessly. I suppose it is quite old, but either ways, this is strange. It happened with my old desktop too. After it got old, I could run an MMO smooth, but once it came to flash games it just "lagged". It doesn't run a sensible framerate, and inexplicably freezes for the duration of about a milisecond every few seconds.

Relevancy 54.18%

i'm new to this so sorry if it is in the wrong place.
yesterday my disc copy of TES: Skyrim arrived and i installed it on my laptop. it was lae at night when i installed it so i left it till this morning to try out. anyway i loaded it up and the screen was moving but it was fractured and broken. i searched on the internet to find out why and came across this: Can You RUN It | Can I run that game | Game system requirements. it said all was fine except my dedicated video ram was too low. it requires a minimum of 512mb, but my laptop only has 128mb. i was wondering if it was at all possible to increase this via download, installing stuff, or via external plug-ins.
please help!!!!
i'm a bit of a computer noob so if possible could you use small basic words

A:i purchased TES: Skyrim for my laptop but it won't work!

System Specs!! Please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/246898-i-purchased-tes-skyrim-my-laptop-but-wont-work.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello everyone I was hoping you all may know run can on Skyrim that Graphics Laptop Ultra of an excellent Laptop that can run Skyrim on Ultra Graphics laptop that can handle or run The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim PC game on Ultra settings smoothly From a few hours of searching I have come across a few laptop brands and models backed up by actual videos showing that it can handle the game with High or Ultra settings I Laptop that can run Skyrim on Ultra Graphics am going to put all that I found in a list below and would like to know which one you think would be the best Laptop that can run Skyrim on Ultra Graphics one out of the bunch I know prices will vary and some of these are no longer in stock but I may still be able to find them elsewhere so I will still include those too If you all have any suggestions on a laptop outside of this list do let me know I was hoping the price range could be below I will try to include links to each one so that you can compare the specs faster instead of having to search each one up They say on most of these videos that the recording program they use to record their game play causes the skips and makes the FPS drop by or so HP Pavilion DV - DX ------ gt Video showing this on High Settings not Ultra Toshiba Satellite S -A ---- gt An older version that can run Battlefield on Ultra Toshiba Qosmio X ------ gt Video Showing Ultra Settings Acer Aspire V - P- ----- gt An older model running on High Settings Acer aspire -sb --- gt High and Ultra side by side comparison ASUS K Series K N-DB ----- gt Not Skyrim but plays Black Ops almost on Max settings Asus G JW ----- gt Skyrim on Ultra Settings ASUS N JV-DB ---- gt World of Tanks Ultra Settings Someone mentioned on another forum if you had these specs with the laptop then you could easily run Skyrim this way If I were you I would look for a gaming laptop with the following specs or better Proc Core i - QM Mem Gb Storage SSD GPU m or better Display p I suppose Ultra settings is not a necessity but would be REALLY nice High settings would be the acceptable minimum if possible for under I know that you could build a nice desktop that can easily do this for that price but the person I am researching this for would prefer quot mobility quot I am looking forward to your all s responses I may even post links up of the videos showing these Laptops in action with these settings I will check back often when I can Have a great weekend nbsp

A:Laptop that can run Skyrim on Ultra Graphics

You can find laptops for gaming. And as you noted, you will pay more for a laptop over a desktop, sometimes as much as twice the price. And while it's nice to have a mobile computer, it's only mobile in the sense that it's easy to pick up and move about. Run time on battery power is very short when you are stressing the hardware and gaming machines are more likely to experience heat related issues. Just a few things to stress to your friend before spending the money and learning the hard way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-that-can-run-skyrim-on-ultra-graphics.1117833/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

Skyrim runs fine, and then it goes into an episode for 30 seconds where it goes slow and laggy, then goes back to normal again. It usually does this when there is a lot going. I.E. If I am getting attacked by an enemy, or I am crossing a huge waterfall..

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 4039 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1795 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 431937 MB, Free - 282309 MB; D: Total - 29690 MB, Free - 28115 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, Base Board Product Name
Antivirus: None

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skyrim-running-slow-and-laggy-on-laptop.1068786/
Relevancy 53.32%

Now I have been trying to run Skyrim on all the minimum settings and it just will not reach a usable frame rate. I am using the M11X from Alienware with all the original manufacturer components. I do not know a whole lot about computers but it seems that the problem is with my video card. The Geforce GT 335M. Is there anything I can do to increase performance, short of having to purchase new equipment entirely?

A:Poor Skyrim performance on Alienware M11X laptop

How much memory is installed? What CPU is installed and what version of Windows is installed? Is Windows fully updated?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poor-skyrim-performance-on-alienware-m11x-laptop.173466/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello my Dell Inspiring 15 laptop  is making 4 beeps pause and  makes four more beep when I press the power  button.  Can you please up me fix my laptop.

A:My laptop make 4 beeps when I power laptop on.

Hi DOMINIQUETHOMPSON29,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Please try with one memory module at a time and check if the system powers on.
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).
Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19684427
Relevancy 42.14%

I just bought a new laptop, it's Toshiba L300. I loved it so much, but then I tried to run Sims 2 in it and it's so slow even though I already lowered all the settings, it's still slow. Now my questions is: Can I increase the specs of my laptop so I can play games in it especially Sims 2 and 4?

A:Is it possible to make my laptop a gaming laptop?

Laptops are very difficult to upgrade. If money was no object, you might be able to do something, but practically speaking you are stuck with what you have.

There are "gaming" laptops, but they are quite expensive compared to a desktop. And they are prone to high temperatures and expensive to repair.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369844-possible-make-my-laptop-gaming-laptop.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

Wasn't sure if this should go here or in the security area. My company has given me a year-old Dell Latitude that they were going to throw out because it got a virus. However, the laptop has all of their network security stuff on it, so I can't even get past the CTRL + ALT + DELETE screen. I mean I can't get in and do anything on this computer. I know I have to buy a new hard drive and probably reinstall Windows 7, but how do I know that this will get rid of everything and give me a clean slate? I don't have accesss to the administrator password, either.

Thanks.

A:Trying to make laptop usable

If you have access to a installation disc for the operating system I would suggest wiping the hdd and start with a fresh installation. Wiping the hdd will overwrite everything on the hdd, including infections. You can use a program like DBAN to completely overwrite the hdd.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/481735/trying-to-make-laptop-usable/
Relevancy 40.85%

When I close my lid, I have it set to sleep. But after a certain amount of time, it automatically starts hibernating. Is there a way to turn that off? It gets really annoying, I just want it to sleep.

Btw this might also be another problem, my laptop lags out and starts acting up when it gets hibernated for some reason.

A:How to make laptop not hibernate?

Hello EarthBoundNess,

The tutorial below can help show you how to completely disable hibernate if you like.Hibernate - Enable or Disable
Sleep uses more battery and produces more heat than hibernate, so you may want to power off the laptop instead of sleep whenever you do not plan on using it for a while or have it packed in bag.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/277775-how-make-laptop-not-hibernate.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a laptop running Windows 7 and it has been great, sadly I need to get a new one and it will have Windows 8.1 instead!  Is there a way to make my old laptop a server so that I can still run programs from it but store the data on the new machine?  I am totally out of my depth here and would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks and sorry if this is the wrong forum!

A:Can I make my Win 7 laptop a server?

Simple File sharing / folder sharing could look like you have "file" server if that is what are you trying to achieve. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558932/can-i-make-my-win-7-laptop-a-server/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a virus on my computer that I'm not willing to spend the money to get rid of, so I've come to the conclusion that I'll just reboot the damn thing to where it's new and suffer the hassle of having to download everything back, ie pictures, music, etc.
I have a Dell Laptop Inspiron 1545 with Windows 7. How do I get everything off of it completely? (As far as some recovery disk or even manual, I don't know where it it or anything in that nature. Isn't there some kind of button I can press in order to just get rid everything, except what it originally came installed with?) Thanks.

Relevancy 40.85%

I bought an Asus laptop recently, and I use it mostly as a desktop replacement, which I would like it to be always on, however I went through the screensaver and power options, and they returned back to what it was like when everytime I reboot. anyone? thanks

A:Can't Make My Laptop Always Stay On.

Hi unloaded.From Asus Notebook Support Section:Q. Why can't I keep the power scheme setting after rebooting the system? I found all models have "POWER 4 GEAR" for power scheme after system reboots regardless what was set previously. Is it normal?A. This is because Power4Gear is still active when entering Windows.If you want to change to other power scheme, please disable Power4Gear Auto Startup first.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79481/cant-make-my-laptop-always-stay-on/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey everyone I have a friend who had a Dell Inspiron Celeron quot Dell Notebook that suddenly died on him about a year ago Possibly a screw came loose and shorted the motherboard of Wants My Laptop to Friend out make 1 2 and we are certain that one has the motherboard shot Anyway he bought My Friend Wants to make 1 Laptop out of 2 the same Notebook used and swapped the hard drive over from the original and has been using it ever since he just called me that the notebook slipped off the backseat onto the floor and now the video is gone with only a white screen on call for bootup I have almost Laptop experience so my question is is it easier to move the motherboard from the one with shot video to the one we believe the video is ok on or move the video to the one with the good motherboard and what briefly does each job entail He is a professional photographer and really needs having at least one working to show his work to clients on and the one with the shot video does work with an LCD monitor which he is planning to do temporarily nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

I have Compaq cq-61 with T4400, 3GB Ram, Win 7, 64 bit.

When I'm doing Backup via iTunes or doing some other "heavy" actions, the CPU and RAM goes up. There are no infections, malware etc... Just an old com that feels heavy

How do I make my come lighter/faster?
I'll be happy if someone can explain me about un neccessary background services, maybe disabling some graphic features etc

2. RAM - I have 64 bit, so could be better to upgrade to ram, right?
How do I know which RAm to buy etc?

Thanks!

A:How to make the laptop faster?

Hello -First -Please post a snapshot with Speccy as this may give us a bit more to look at -Publish a Snapshot using Speccy < < Follow These DirectionsFrom there we can see how you can add a bit more RAM and see if there is basically anything else you can do -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483837/how-to-make-the-laptop-faster/
Relevancy 40.85%

Mod Edit: As there is malware removal being performed, I moved this to Am I Infected from XP.~~ boopmeHi, my laptop just made that sound it makes when you install a USB device... but I haven't installed anything. Is there something going on here? I someone installing something in my computer or accessing my computer remotely? I really apologize if this is a dumb question! It was very strange to me that this happened.

A:Why did my laptop make this sound?

This can be a driver issue, hardware issue, but also a malware infection related, to rule out infection;================================== MBAM scanner ==================================Download the free version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When completed, a log will open in Notepad.Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt ================================== Eset Scanner ==================================Run Eset online scanner;Note: You will need to use Internet explorer for this scan - Vista and win 7 right click on IE shortcut and run as adminGo to the Eset web page to run an online scanner from ESET.Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scanclick on the ESET Online Scanner buttonTick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.Click StartWhen asked, allow the ActiveX control to installClick StartMake sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked and the Scan Archives option is ticked.Click on Advanced Settings, ensure the optionsScan for potentially unwanted applications, Scan for potentially unsafe applications, and Enable Anti-Stealth Technology are ticked.Click ScanWait for the scan to finishClick on copy to clipboard or copy and paste the results here in this topic~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I also have seen this problem when a printer is connected within the network. And the network is changing/refreshing his DHCP-setting from the router. Do you have a network connected printer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458945/why-did-my-laptop-make-this-sound/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there,

Im new to this forum and know enough about computers to get me by. 500 GB seems like a lot of HD space to me. My music collection only takes up 32GB and my pics only half a gig. Im not much of a gamer so woudnt really use it for that. Im wondering if I can get any tips as to how to fill up my 500Gigs, as it seems like a real waste that im not using this space with different bits and pieces.

A:how to make use of 500 gigs on my new laptop

Welcome Clark33 to the windows 7 forums.

In todays disk sizes, 500gigs is about the smallest hard disk you can buy.

I would not worry about all that space, you will figure out that the free space goes down as you install new programs and get more pictures and music.

Just enjoy all the space and don't worry about wasting space.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/222795-how-make-use-500-gigs-my-new-laptop.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Could any of my good friends in TSG Land, point me in the direction to where I may start looking for the parts to make my very own Laptop Computer from Scratch.

ie. Where or Who supplies the cases parts etc ....

Many Thanks

Lockeyp

A:Help To Make My Own Laptop Computer

There is no such thing as generic parts for a laptop. Unlike desktops.

Each maker have their own design.

To "make your own" would involve buying an entire set of parts for a specific make and model and assembling them, this would probably cost at least as much as 5 x the ready made price for the same laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-to-make-my-own-laptop-computer.693829/
Relevancy 40.85%

i my im laptop make trying faster. to downloaded HijackThis v can anybody tell me what on this list i need to get rid of Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Lenovo NPDIRECT tpfnf sp exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TpWAudAp exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows im trying to make my laptop faster. System igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler scheduler proxy exe C Program Files Lenovo AwayTask AwaySch im trying to make my laptop faster. EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ThinkVantage AMSG Amsg exe C Program Files Lenovo LenovoCare LPMGR EXE C Program Files Lenovo Client Security Solution cssauth exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACTray exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACWLIcon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Lenovo Client Security Solution tvtpwm tray exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Common Files AOL Loader aolload exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C program files itunes itunes exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin distnoted exe C Users devonDELIRIUM Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www lenovo com welcome notebook R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www lenovo com welcome notebook R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO CPwmIEBrowserHelper Object - F E -A - CF - D - E E F C - C Program Files Lenovo Client Security Solution tvtpwm ie com dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run TPFNF C Program Files Lenovo NPDIRECT TPFNF SP exe r O - HKLM Run PMHandler C PROGRA Lenovo PMDRIV PMHandler exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run TPWAUDAP C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TpWAudAp exe O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run LenovoOobeOffers c swtools LenovoWelcome LenovoOobeOffers exe filePath quot c swshare firstrun txt quot O - HKLM Run LenovoRegistration C SWTOOLS LenovoWelcome LenovoRegistrat... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/im-trying-to-make-my-laptop-faster-194532.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,

i want to make my laptop (hp pavilion g6 win8 64-bit) exactly like my pc. I mean to have every option the same and everything in the registry to be the same. Is there a way i can do this automatically? because its waste of time to do everything manually.

Thank You for reading and please help if u can.

A:How can i make my laptop's windows 8 same as my pc

I'm not TOO terribly sure, but I think if you use the recimg command in Windows 8, you can export a custom install.wim file, then register that as the active refresh install.wim file to run on your desktop so you can get the pretty much exact same set up as on the laptop.

Refresh Windows 8 - Create and Use Custom Recovery Image

Although I'm not too sure about this 100 percent, hopefully someone can either suggest better or back this up.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/21021-how-can-i-make-my-laptops-windows-8-same-my-pc.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Masters!!!!
Please help me how to set up LAN between may pc and my laptop (laptop is Centrino 1.7Ghz, Pc is AMD +2800, all Windows XP) so it can communicate each other wirely. may i use USB cable or NETWORK cable to connect two of them??? if yes, how to set up? or no, what hardware of software i need to make it works?????
thanks a millions all masters

A:how to make my Pc and laptop communicate each other (both are Win XP)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-pc-and-laptop-communicate-each-other-both-are-win-xp.357458/
Relevancy 40.42%

hi -
i have a g4 powerbook at home and want to make it so that i can access the internet from my couch (basically). someone gave me a d-link di 524 airplus g wireless router.

from the little drawing in the pamphlet, it seems as though i would need another computer that connects to the d-link and then that could make my laptop wireless. but i don't have another computer.

is there anyway to use this router-thing (or another one) so that i don't have to have a computer connected to the modem or router?

if you have any instructions, that would be great. like, really simple ones. i've never done this before.

thanks a lot,
emma

Relevancy 40.42%

i just bought an asus from best buy and it is pretty fast and plays games like left 4 dead and css pretty good... but i was wondering if i couldadd anything to make it any faster. the graphics card is good but not great and i know theres no way to replace it...... thanks in advance for the suggestions...
here are the main specs:
ProcessorIntel® Core?2 Duo Mobile
Processor Speed2.13GHz
System Bus1066MHz
Cache Memory3MB on die Level 2
System Memory (RAM)4GB
Type of Memory (RAM)PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM
Hard Drive TypeSerial ATA (7200 rpm)
Hard Drive Size320GB
GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS
Video Memory1GB

A:How can I make my laptop faster for gaming?

There nothing you can do for that laptop to make it faster other than buying an even "newer" model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-make-my-laptop-faster-for-gaming.124803/
Relevancy 40.42%

Dear HP community,hello! I just bought a new HP 15-af105nv  Laptop,with pre-installed Windows 10. The size of the hard drive is ~1TB from which 36.7 GB are used by Windows' programs.   Well,the thing is that I would like to partition the hard drive,but I don't know how to do it.Can someone,please,help me to sort this out? In the end I need to have these three storage areas in my pc: Disc 1_36.7 GB (Windows), Disc 2_878 GB (My personal data), Disc 3 (Recovery). Thank you in advance for your help!    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-make-partition-in-my-laptop-which-has-pre-installed/td-p/5671617
Relevancy 40.42%

Would love to get some suggestions for ways to improve my sound on my HP G60 Laptop?

A:Make my laptop louder and better sounding?

Try this...

I always recommend the Bongiovi Acoustics DPS audio enhancer software when you find laptop speakers lacking. It makes the sound much louder without distortion and the clarity is better too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/make-my-laptop-louder-and-better-sounding.175414/
Relevancy 40.42%

hullo, everyone. before i start i need to point out that i have searched for and applied offered solutions to my c0000135 bluescreen problem and they do not seem to work on my laptop.

i can get to bios and reorder the startup to cd then hdd. but it still doesn't work on my laptop. the cd in the detached drive will just stop spinning (and it is not scratched). my cd drive does act up sometimes but i can't tell if it is working properly because all i can get to is the blue screen.

before i purchase new cables or a new cd drive (a new laptop is just about out of the question) i was hoping to get some solid advice.

thanks guys,

jonnygolightly

A:c0000135 may make me take a sledgehammer to my laptop

We are not familiar with previous posts. What is the brand, model, and age of your laptop. Has the optical drive had a lot of use, or merely average use.
Did anything precipitate your blue screen? ... were you doing anything differently, or attempting anything new?
If this is a model from one of the big five, HP, Dell, IBM/Lenovo, Gateway, Compaq, have you downloaded the latest BIOS, drivers, and firmware from the manufacturer's website?
We find these causes to precipitate blue screens on laptops: infestations of viruses or spyware, bad hard drive, bad cpu fan, bad cooling fans, dirt, dust, and hair in the cooling channels, bad optical drive, a bad driver for video, optical, or sound, sometimes bad memory, or other conflict resulting from a download of new software, or a failing power adapter.
Which areas have you chosen to investigate thus far?
It does appear to be a bad optical drive is a possibility. Perhaps you could copy these drivers and downloads to a flash drive to initiate a new install.
Perhaps you could borrow, temporarily, a hard drive or other component?
We suggest you make a list and begin checking off your ideas as you try them out.
Still the first order from my view would be to know the brand and model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/c0000135-may-make-me-take-a-sledgehammer-to-my-laptop.80199/
Relevancy 40.42%

hi I'm new here and I'm sure you will be able to help me!
iv got a Toshiba satellite pro laptop (bought 2nd hand)
the Internet was working fine up untill we went to visit family and connect to their connection
its now having none of it! my hubby is very good with computers but he is stumped too
the wireless wont connect we are with virgin if that makes a difference
iv done a system restore but the internet still wont work and the only think i can think of to get it working is to completely wipe the laptop but i dont have the recovery discs
so if anyone can help in anyway shape or form i will be very grateful!!

A:how do i make recovery discs for a laptop?

Please type in run services.msc when your services open check that your dns client is switched to automatic started !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283414/how-do-i-make-recovery-discs-for-a-laptop/
Relevancy 40.42%

how to make laptop be off after specific time ,I have windows 7 and I cant find an option in power setting to do it !!

A:how to make laptop be off after specific time ?

Maybe here:
Task Scheduler : Create Shut Down PC Automatically Task

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/215955-how-make-laptop-off-after-specific-time.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey all!

Alright, so I have a somewhat weird situation here... my fans in the laptop make a lot of noise, louder then most laptops or computers I've heard. Now, for some reason when I take the bottom of the laptop off and put it right back on, the fans work normal and are not loud whatsoever.

The thing about that is that I don't touch anything, I don't clean anything, I just simply take the bottom off for a few seconds and screw it back in and its quiet and peaceful. Anyone have any idea why this might be? Or how I can make it permanently peaceful?

Thanks for any help, It's much appreciated.

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all

I've purchased a Toshiba Qosmio X505 860 not too long ago...pretty nice lappie but I must complain that the sounds coming out of the Harman Kardon speakers are not as loud as I want them to be and Im sure the speakers can handle more than the driver is allowing it to do...It seems to be a common problem cus I've read posts about it on the toshiba forums but no one seems to be able to find a fix for this...So any suggestions would be nice.

Cheers

A:Is it possible to make laptop speakers louder?

I would replace the speakers with one that has its own amplifier ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/78675-possible-make-laptop-speakers-louder.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Good morning!
I took my computer to a PC Repair business. He stated he would clean up my computer and it would be running much faster. In fact it is not... I am hoping you can help me reverse some of what was done and help me make everything run faster.
I have Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1. I am using Google Chrome, and AVG Antivirus Free Edition. Lastly, I am also a Leapforce Rater so I have Google Add-ons for Leapforce and Rater Aide.
Thoughts?

Thanks so much!
Becky

A:Ugh. Service on my laptop seemed to make it slower!

1. Download Temporary File Cleaner from here.

2. Make sure that you Save As... the file to your desktop.

3. Make sure to close out all opened programs!
TFC will close all open program's to run, be sure to save any work!
4. Double Click on the TFC.exe file that is saved to your desktop.

5. Windows will ask to either Run or Cancel the program. Click on Run.

6. Once TFC has opened, click the Start button.

7. Allow TFC to run uninterrupted.

8. Your desktop icons and other programs may disappear during this process. That is normal.

9. After TFC has finished it should automatically reboot the PC.

10. If it does not reboot, reboot manually.

11. It is normal that after running TFC that the PC will be slower to boot for the first time.

12. Please report the RED number that is shown at the end of the test.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ugh-service-on-my-laptop-seemed-to-make-it-slower-827882.html
Relevancy 40.42%

i have a laptop but i only have a guest user because i accidentally deleted the normal one. i tried making a new one. i tried cmd and when i tried it error 5 cam up. i also tried via control panel but it just said this:

"The specified account name is not valid, because account names cannot contain the following characters: /\[]":;<>+=,?*

Please type a different name"

the name i wrote was new account and i made it a slandered user. the guest account is admin as well. i need help. Please.

A:My laptop wont allow me to make a new user?

The Guest account is never Administator. You must have somehow deleted your Admin account.

Try to System Restore to a point before you deleted the Admin Account. Try creating a new Admin Account without any symbols using a simple name.

If these fail enable Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Forums so you can create a new Administator account, then disable the Built-in Admin account again.

If this fails, boot into the Win7 installer or Repair CD to enable Built-in Administrator - Enable from WinRE - Windows 7 Forums so you can use it to create a new Admin account.

Then turn off the Guest account and only use it if you have a Guest who is not allowed to change anything.

If these fail you'll need to Clean Reinstall

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/294615-my-laptop-wont-allow-me-make-new-user.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I also posted this in the Networking Forum I am not sure which one is correct Hi My brother s laptop computer Dell D started acting up blue screen and could not connect to the internet I went in and ran a chkdsk and I tried to get on the internet and could not I called my ISP and we were able to get a wired connection plugged ethernet cable in back of computer but could not get a wireless connection The ISP is telling me that it may be a problem with the wireless router and that may be the case but other computer are working Connection a Laptop Will Make Wireless Not wirelessly but I think it may be a configuration problem and I want to try that before going to the store and getting another router when I brought this up they saw the point I was making and told me that they will have Laptop Will Not Make a Wireless Connection to charge me to help me troubleshoot the configuration This has happened before and I don t remember the specific steps but I remember some of the steps like I cleared out the cache and there may have been other steps that I forgot Then I brought up Explorer and when the error page came up there was a trouble shooting button but for some reason an error page comes up but not the one with the trouble shooting button Can someone assist me Thanks

A:Laptop Will Not Make a Wireless Connection

similar thing happened here at out house ,3 laptops all hooked wireless, one stopped connecting[would work wired to the back also ] ,nothing i tried worked ,until unplugged the router from its power source for a few minutes ,and plugged it back in, the laptop then picked the signal up again and started working .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417280/laptop-will-not-make-a-wireless-connection/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,

I have a strange issue. I've recently changed the screen on my Compaq CQ60 for an WXGA LCD I bought new off ebay.

The screen works fine but I'm now having trouble with the laptop overheating (it used to overheat before but not nearly as much as it does now).

Just wondered if anyone had come across something like this before and whether it's possible that the LCD could somehow be contributing to the excessive temperatures?

Cheers,

Relevancy 40.42%

hey Guys

just wondering does anyone have any tips or ideas how I can make my old laptop run faster as it has turned into a snail.
Here some info:
Advent
Intel Pentium M 1.7GHz
1GB Ram
Window XP

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 40.42%

How do I make my sound on my HP laptop louder besides the little microphone on the left? 

A:how to make my sound louder on my hp laptop?

Hi, One thing can help is the following.  Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'.  Left click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button.  Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'.  Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows and see if this has helped at all. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/how-to-make-my-sound-louder-on-my-hp-laptop/td-p/2233677
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a Touchsmart TX2-1000 laptop that funtions normally with no apparent issues, with ONE exception. I cannot get the HP UP-719E-72A-1 pen.  Are there any special settings that need to be set or switches that need to be selected?The stylus pen is brand new from HP.

A:How to make stylus pen function with laptop

Hi, The HP UP-719E-72A-1 is not compatible with your Touchsmart TX2-1000. It is for other class of machines (Elite 2710p) . Please try the following ones      http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_pgn=1&LH_PrefLoc=2&_sop=3&isRefine=false&_nkw=hp%20touchsmart%20tx2%... Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-to-make-stylus-pen-function-with-laptop/td-p/5674043
Relevancy 40.42%

Ok I bought a used laptop with a fresh install of XP Pro w SP It s a Dell Inspiron only MB RAM I know not much and I was wondering if I buy an Intel Internal Wireless LAN Card BG WM B BG is this all I need to make it wireless capable And is this something I have to open up my laptop to install I don t see where it would go quot Need Solved: my wireless make old to laptop outside quot of the laptop What else would I need after installing it to have wireless web access quot wherever I go quot Note Solved: Need to make my old laptop wireless I am going to Mexico for a few months and need to have access to my website Thanks so much Rosa EDIT Ok I m editing this because quot I do see quot a slot that looks the size of the LAN card but when I see a picture of the card it has quot pins quot like a memory card so I m not understanding how it would slide into the slot that I see which has a push button like the floppy drives have Or am I looking at the wrong card for my laptop http www amazon com Internal-Wireless- BG-WM B BG-Inspiron dp B BHZFV ref lh ni t nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Alright, so my dad's Dell D620 just died and he needs a new laptop. I had an idea to make the old laptop into a second monitor that can be easily carried around and can be used with his laptop when he's at work.

According to Dell, the laptop's mobo is dead, and we aren't spend $700 on a refurbed mobo when we can buy a brand spanking new laptop at that price.

So my question is, does anyone know how to convert this old laptop into a standalone monitor?

A:How to make old laptop into extra monitor

See this article:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/183052/turn_a_spare_laptop_into_a_second_monitor.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-make-old-laptop-into-extra-monitor.155129/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello. I am running an Acer TravelMate 5520 laptop. It has started to slow down and has trouble running PhotoShop. I have split my hard drive into a C drive which is practically full, as there is only 1.3gig free out of 34 gig. My D drive has alot more space on, it has 27gig free out of 72gig. I feel that i am starting up too many programs at startup time also - how do i find out the ones i don't need to be starting up ? could someone help me make my laptop more efficient please?
thanks,
Dave

A:clean up laptop / make it run smoother

After looking at your setup, the best advice I can give is to move things to an exterior harddisk. Since you mention Photoshop, transferring all your pictures would free up a lot of space.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/clean-up-laptop-make-it-run-smoother-679729.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Is that even possible? My netbook is Toshiba NB205 and it's so slow. I don't want to sell it and change it for a laptop. This netbook is very special to me. Please tell me how to make it faster or better.. fastest.

A:How to make your netbook faster like a laptop?

Hi Girl,

What slowness do you experience on your notebook?
About your question, I don't think you can make it run like a laptop. Yes, you can make it faster by installing only minimal applications.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/365704-how-make-your-netbook-faster-like-laptop.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey everyone is there anyway to boost the sound a a laptop? My cousin just got one and he barely can hear his DVDs? is there an amplifier or sumthing in a program i can download? Thanks 4 looking.

A:Any way to make laptop speakers louder?

Anyway to make LAPTOP speakers louder?

That's pretty common for laptops. But as long as you checked all the "volume" locations, that's about it as far as I know.

From the speaker icon in the system tray. To control panel audio section, make sure the pan is in the middle, that the speakers are set to stereo speakers, and the main volume slider is all the way. All this can be done from in there. But there is more then one location for volume. Also use the laptop's function keys to up the volume, as this can sometimes be sepparate from Windows control. And lastly the volume of the DVD playing software itself, may also be sepparate.

But as far as I know, there is no such thing as a software amp.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-way-to-make-laptop-speakers-louder.48030/
Relevancy 40.42%

Someone stole some credit card info and hacked my Amazon account.  I received wonderful assistance from Bleepin' Computer to make sure that my desktop was safe (and it seems to be), so now I would appreciate any help to make sure that my wife's laptop has not been hacked or infected with some spyware or virus.  She has a Dell Latitude 5410 and is running Windows 7 Professional.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622338/need-help-to-make-sure-laptop-not-hacked-or-infected/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have to put a laptop in a locked case. The user can see the screen through glass, but cannot have access to it directly. Additionally it will be without power for extended periods.

I need the laptop to boot when the power is plugged in without the need for the power button to be pressed. The Case has an external Keyboard build into it. I cannot access this keyboard however because it is sealed from the inside and outside.

The BIOS info is

ASUS Eee PC ACPI Revision 1103
Core version: 1103
Build Date: 09/16/08
EC Firmware Version:EPCB-017.

Is there any hope for me? Can I rewrite BIOS somehow. I'll try anything. When it comes to this stuff I have no fear. No solution is too extreme..... I just cannot mess with the box by including an external switch.

Relevancy 40.42%

I'm using a Lenovo ideapad u530 touch, and it has an i7. From what I have read, i7 is supposed to be powerful (granted, my internal computer knowledge is limited...I don't even know if there is a core higher than i7 (I assume there is)). Yet, I still suffer from a lot of low fps. The max I get in games is 30. This laptop can run GTA with 30fps, but it fluctuates. When I try to record and play, it gets far worse. My graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GT 730m.

Should I actually be getting better fps in games (am I doing something wrong?), or is it simply because laptops are not meant for gaming?

(note, I never have issues with my laptop overheating. It does get hot, but never enough to overheat)

http://www.pchelpforum.com/gaming/130192-i7-core-does-make-any-difference-when-laptop.html
Relevancy 40.42%

hi
this is 1st time 4 me here in this site
i need to know ...how i can make recovery dvd for my wife laptop ? windows 7

A:How I can make recovery dvd for my wife laptop ?

Hello Joker, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you mean how to create a set of OEM recovery disc for her laptop to use to do a factory recovery of Windows 7 with, then what brand and model is her laptop? We'll be happy to look up and post back how.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/216258-how-i-can-make-recovery-dvd-my-wife-laptop.html
Relevancy 40.42%

whenever my laptop is in sleep it goes into hibernation after a period of time.. the only problem i have with this is that the hibernation feature freezes my comp due to a known issue that has no drivers yet

So just give me the steps

A:How do I make my laptop not hibernate when its in sleep

Start>Control Panel>Power Options>Advanced Power options>Sleep>Set hibernate to "Never"

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/37655-how-do-i-make-my-laptop-not-hibernate-when-its-sleep.html
Relevancy 40.42%
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I borrowed my friend s laptop and have been using it for about months now Everything a scratchy laptop does noise? make my why was okay and wonderful until a few weeks ago when it started to emit this really scratchy annoying noise periodically It always does this at specific times - when i initially turn the laptop on and it is i assume recognizing the hardware and whenever it is performing some function Before it used to make the quot typical computer noise quot in that it kinda of sounded like a fan when it would do these things but for some reason that previous soothing noise has why does my laptop make a scratchy noise? turned into this really irritating scratchiness I did absolutely nothing to this computer this came out of no where Also everything with the computer it functions perfectly the only thing wrong is the noise it makes from time to time Please please someone help me I would appreciate it so much because I am supposed to give my friend her laptop very soon and I don t want her to get mad at me and think this is my fault Also I am kind of computer illiterate so I m sorry if this didnt make much sense I can try to clear it up if necessary Thanks P S It is a Gateway with windows ME nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

If I am using a laptop/desktop PC that is connected to the internet via an ethernet cable (the internet comes from the ethernet cable). Is there a way to get wifi from the laptop/PC? Maybe connect some device to the laptop/PC to make it become a wifi provider? I was wondering if I could get wifi/internet for my smartphone through the laptop/desktop PC.

Thanks

A:How to make laptop/PC provide wifi?

Better to get a wireless router (or wireless access point if you already have a router).

But, yes, you can add a wireless adapter and use Internet Connection Sharing (ICS).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-laptop-pc-provide-wifi.1135917/
Relevancy 40.42%

At the moment my fully charged HP dv9000 battery only lasts about 1 hour, and thats when its in power saving mode, screen closed and only playing winamp. I've been through all the advanced power saving options to try fully make optimal use of my battery power. Is there any software or any particular method to make my laptop battery last longer?

A:make HP Laptop Battery last longer?

Originally Posted by SimpLe SI

At the moment my fully charged HP dv9000 battery only lasts about 1 hour, and thats when its in power saving mode, screen closed and only playing winamp. I've been through all the advanced power saving options to try fully make optimal use of my battery power. Is there any software or any particular method to make my laptop battery last longer?

hi SimpLe SI and welcome to the forums, how long have you had the notebook? is the notebook constantly plugged in? i suspect that your battery has passed its useful life span.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/201832-make-hp-laptop-battery-last-longer.html
Relevancy 40.42%

The laptop i am looking at is an HP Pavilion g series laptop. When i try to boot from the SD card it does not see it in the bios. I know that the SD card is in working order because i can boot from it on my Mac. After some researching it appears that some Bios's do not have drivers for the built in SD Card reader and only the OS does, is there any way to get around this? I just updated my bios about an hour ago and tried it again but it still doesn't work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/383761-how-make-laptop-boot-sd-card.html
Relevancy 40.42%

hi
i have a new mini laptop and he work's a litle slowly
my configuration is: mini HP laptop, intel 160 atom, 2G memory, Windows 7 starter

what is the recommended anti-virus and browser to enlarge the laptop speed ?

(i have chrom and symantec endpoint 11)

thank's for any help

A:how to make mini laptop faster ?

You could take a look here:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...7-a.html?ltr=S

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/56633-how-make-mini-laptop-faster.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I just recently got into pc gaming. Unfortunately I don't have the money to get a new laptop or any system. Fortunately I already had a Dell Studio XPS 1340, which from what I heard isn't bad for gaming. Is there anything i can do for the laptop to have it run games smoother? (I've been playing Batman Arkham Asylum (kind of laggy), street fighter IV (works fine), and I'm getting Assassin's Creed).

Here's what I have

Dell Studio XPS 1340
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU [email protected]
RAM: 4GB
64-bit Operating System
NVIDIA GeForce 9500M (GF 9400MG + GF 9200MGS)

A:Can I upgrade my laptop to make it better for gaming?

Looks like you are pretty well maxed out with the laptop. It's not that bad. Gaming laptops cost big bucks, $1200 or higher. How big is your hard drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-upgrade-my-laptop-to-make-it-better-for-gaming.172348/
Relevancy 40.42%

How do I make my  New note book recovey file. Is it possible to make on hard drive and also on USB Flash Drive. please how to  do  this. 

A:I have new HP laptop; is it possible to make factory Factor...

Man. To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop and what OS you are using. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-have-new-HP-laptop-is-it-possible-to-make-factory-Factory/td-p/5658352
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi guys amp gals Long time-- thanks for the help as always access make my to did breach sure Want not laptop remote I wish my brain would remember this stuff on its own Maybe if I did it Want to make sure remote access did not breach my laptop more often I Want to make sure remote access did not breach my laptop have a new Dell XPS and my laptop wont charge mobo I wanted to do a hardware diagnostic as I am out of the days thought it was But first the computer is running slow and I downloaded some keygens i know at least im honest that may have done it Anytime I run the lastpass program my comp freezes Also I had a dell tech remote access my computer An hour later I got emails from my bank saying i answered questions wrong I never tried logging on that day Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Users Andrew-DELL AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Pro DTAgent exe C Program Files x The Weather Channel FW Desktop DesktopWeather exe C Users Andrew-DELL AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files brs exe C Program Files x Roxio OEM Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Real RealPlayer Update realsched exe C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Pro DTShellHlp exe C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe D MediaMonkey MediaMonkey exe C Users Andrew-DELL Downloads Programs HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Boostyb Core BHO - ad -abba- - - e b - mscoree dll file missing O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO LastPass Browser Helper Object - D ECF - A D- -BE - D F E - C Program Files x LastPass LPBar dll O - Toolbar LastPass Toolbar - f b cc - c b- b c- af- dec e e - C Program Files x LastPass LPBar dll O - Toolbar Boostyb Toolbar Toolbar - ad -baaa- d-b e- e b - mscoree dll file missing O - HKLM Run Dell Webcam Central quot C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe quot mode O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe ... Read more

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I have a Logitech DiNovo Edge Wireless Keyboard and a Logitech M Wireless Mouse I have a problem though I already searched EVERYWHERE and I cannot find and answer I can't get my laptop to wake up by pressing keys on the keyboard or by clicking the mouse The only way Make Wake Wireless Laptop With Keyboard? Up I can get it out of standby is to press a key on the actual laptop or click something with the laptop's Make Laptop Wake Up With Wireless Keyboard? built it touchpad I already tried looking in Device Manager but there is no Power Make Laptop Wake Up With Wireless Keyboard? Management tab for the keyboard or Make Laptop Wake Up With Wireless Keyboard? the mouse There is only a Power Management tab on the laptop's built in keyboard and touchpad It's kind of annoying not being able to use the wireless devices to wake up the computer I've read around that maybe it's because since the computer is on standby the wireless keyboard and mouse's USB receiver aren't being powered by the laptop I have no idea what to try now and it's irritating Does anyone here have a solution It would be GREATLY appreciated Thanks for reading

A:Make Laptop Wake Up With Wireless Keyboard?

Go into the Power plan by searching for power options.

In your power plan, go to change advanced settings

You will find in this list, a section called USB Settings

Disabling the Suspend should allow the USB devices to continue working when the computer sleeps

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/179267-make-laptop-wake-up-wireless-keyboard.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Kindly tell me how to make windows recovery image in laptop's own hardisk and how to rset the laptop by using it after some failure of windows.

A:How to Make Windows recovery in laptop's own hardisk.

I see you used the well known management technique of asking the same question in two different places! See my reply at How to make windows recovery image in Laptop's own hardisk

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/70266-how-make-windows-recovery-laptops-own-hardisk.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I bought my wife a new VAIO Sony laptop. It came with Win8 installed. She has been using a Toshiba laptop with Win7.
She wants no part of Win8. (She is 84 years old) & spends a lot of time on her laptop.

I want to put Win7 on the Sony VAIO. I don't want to save anything on it.
I want to make a Clean install by reformatting the HD.
However, I know you can not completely reformat the HD because of the "System Reserved" partition.

Does anyone have information on how to do a factory reformat?

Tully

A:Make a clean install of Win7 on a Win 8.1 laptop.

Originally Posted by Tully

I bought my wife a new VAIO Sony laptop. It came with Win8 installed. She has been using a Toshiba laptop with Win7.
She wants no part of Win8. (She is 84 years old) & spends a lot of time on her laptop.

I want to put Win7 on the Sony VAIO. I don't want to save anything on it.
I want to make a Clean install by reformatting the HD.
However, I know you can not completely reformat the HD because of the "System Reserved" partition.

Does anyone have information on how to do a factory reformat?

Tully

If you do Factory Reformat, you will be back to Windows 8.

Downgrade to Windows 7.
Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7
Warning you must have the UEFI/BIOS firmware setting in Step Three set.

Make sure you read the NOTE at Step three.

You will need to buy Windows 7.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/35901-make-clean-install-win7-win-8-1-laptop.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello. I recently purchased a lenovo laptop and when i record my vocals on the audacity program it makes my voice sound like im singing into a hollow metal barrel. My old laptop never did this at all and i really need to fix it soon because i have songs that need to be recorded and edited by the 20th of this month. Im thinking that its the sound card but i didnt think it would make that much of a difference. if theres nothing to fix this i think im gunna have to return this laptop and get a different one. If anyone can help PLEAASSE HELP ME!

A:Microphone make my voice sound different on my new laptop.Why?

Just a couple of ideas which I hope will help.

From what you have described it sounds like you have the reverb too high. On the other hand if it is not that then you should check the laptop speakers are muted when recording.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-make-my-voice-sound-different-on-my-new-laptop-why.163643/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello,
At work, I use a 3G modem Mobile Broadband. and I want to spread wifi connection using it to other computer, I mean to use my laptop as router to spread connection.
thanks in advance

A:how to make my laptop send wifi to other computers

You might want to check with your work for permission before you go about doing this. Some companies do not allow additional wifi sources unless the company provides it.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/126816-how-make-my-laptop-send-wifi-other-computers.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Intresting article i found,

http://www.techradar.com/news/compu...ke-an-external-laptop-graphics-adaptor-915616

You will need a laptop with an express card slot. And pref win 7 or xp.

Thought it may be useful to someone

A:How to make an external laptop graphics adapter

Mhmm... interesting. I'll bookmark it and give it a try on a new laptop later on.

Thanks for sharing. +1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-make-an-external-laptop-graphics-adapter.164644/
Relevancy 39.99%

I currently have a Dell Precision M4700 with Windows 7 Pro, it does not have a touch screen.
But after using Windows 7 for more than 4 years now, I am getting a bit bored and would love to try a new OS.
Problem is that my laptop does not have a touch screen, so would you recommend Windows 8.1 on a non-touch laptop?
The cost is not really an issue since I am a student and I can get a Windows 8.1 Pro for $70 from Microsoft store.

A:Does Windows 8.1 make sense in a non-touch laptop?

My bro uses Windows 8.1 on his acer laptop (no touchscreen), Well it's like Windows 8 but it have fixes and they finally added a start button,I tried it for a little,it's really good and i'm thinking to upgrade mine to windows 8.1 too...

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/251776-does-windows-8-1-make-sense-non-touch-laptop.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello! So, well right now I am copying files (around 3.6GB) to a DVD. The thing is though, it is taking much more longer than it should take (apparently, it should take only 5-10 minutes?). It says it'll take **4 HOURS** for the file transfer to finish.

Why is it that it is taking so long?

Why is it that it is transferring files at a much slower rate (1.1mb) in comparison to the rate it would take if the file transfer is to a USB (around 4mb or more)
Here is a screen shot.

PS. I am new to this whole forum thing so I don't really know a structure to stick by, and also I hope I posted this on the correct thread!
Is there a way to improve file transfer rate to a DVD? I need it to be fast as I am backing up my laptop.
-A

A:How to make file transfer from my laptop to a CD/DVD much faster?

Typically on normal file copying operations, a common bottleneck is when you're copying multiple files together. The screenshot shows a whooping 4000 files to be copied, so I think that's the real cause. The underlying reason is the internal data structures that must be kept (something like the "bureaucracy" of the file system), as it needs to create the file name, permissions, space assignment and so for each individual file. Because of that, it's MUCH faster to copy a single 2GB file than 2000 1MB files, regardless of medium. I guess that's with the USB drive you had many less files.

You said you're copying to DVD but of course that's not possible, you're trying to burn a DVD using the Windows explorer built in feature? If so, try using some serious program. What it does really is to copy all files to a temp folder on the hard disk (here's where the slowdown comes from) and then create an image on the fly for the burning itself. A real DVD burner program would not copy all the files over to a temp folder, but just create the image directly saving the copying of thousands of files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276931-how-make-file-transfer-my-laptop-cd-dvd-much-faster.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi it s been a year that I m looking for a good laptop for Dell but I m not seeing what I want What I m looking for is - quot laptop quot is too big and quot is too small - DVD Tray Very important for me If it s not available why not get an external DVD drive as an option when you buy the laptop For now will laptop a for make you When correct gaming/works? there is only the model who has a DVD tray When will you make a correct laptop for gaming/works? but When will you make a correct laptop for gaming/works? the specs are low - Color I don t know why all your gaming laptop are so ugly Red and black I prefer the get the grey white black color from other models but it s not available - Graphic card and display I m looking for a laptop with p I don t know why you are still developing p laptop with a graphic card capable of running recent games in Ultra at fps and be able to create games with Unreal Engine and other software without any problems For now I can t find any of this So that s my suggestion for the laptop I would like to buy by the end of the year - quot - Grey color - p - Nvidia GTX m or if there is a drop in price try to get the GTX notebook version without M - DVD Tray or external DVD Tray as an option for DELL - Core i th generation - Tb SSD Thank you

A:When will you make a correct laptop for gaming/works?

Some of what you're looking for is impossible from an engineering standpoint.  Remember the GTX970m and 980m chips by themselves draw 100W of power -- and dissipate correspondingly high levels of heat.  In turn, they require large heatsinks and corresponding ventilation systems to keep them cool - that's far easier to do in a 17" system than a 15" one, and it's all but impossible to do in a slim system such as a Inspiron notebook.  Given that the 970 and 980 video cards alone cost about $1K each, it's further impossible to do in a mid-range Inspiron system.
If you really need all that in one package - there's just one way to get it:  buy a desktop system.  There are no notebooks from anyone that can fill all your requirements.  That, or you'll have to decide where you want to compromise (you CAN get a system that fills all of what you want but you'll need to get a 17 or 18" chassis to do so).
You can also find a host of suppliers that will paint your system in whatever color you want.  You aren't limited to off the shelf systems - there are plenty of customizers around that take basic (usually Clevo) chassis and build them into custom gaming notebooks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981850
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,

I am currently on a caribbean island which uses American plug sockets and voltage. I have bought a laptop here and am going back to live in England, and have been told that the difference in voltage could damage the laptop, not to mention the difference in sockets!
I am wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on what hardware i would need (adapter, transformer) and where i could find this in England.

Thanks for the help!

Scott

Relevancy 39.99%

I read thru the stickies at my desktop? make a won't boot, do I CD bootable Laptop from how the top and am basically lost It s an old HP Compaq nc with XPsp I haven t been using it much lately last time was over a month ago I plugged it in to power to let it charge awhile I then hit the start button and the on light comes on and stays on and once in awhile I get a brief hp logo on the screen when I try starting but then the screen goes dark again I ve got the Windows XP CD and tried starting with that Laptop won't boot, how do I make a bootable CD from my desktop? in the machine but nothing happened Can I take something off my desktop also XPsp onto either a CD or onto my portable USB HD to make it boot I would need pretty explicit step by step instructions Thanks PS - I looked again at the thing about putting the HD into a portable HD case - I have a small portable HD that I took the cover off of and I see it s a standard lapop HD apparently But then got the HD out of the laptop and I see it s a different kind of connector nbsp

A:Laptop won't boot, how do I make a bootable CD from my desktop?

The HDD in a laptop is 2.5. In a desktop it is 3.5, so an enclosure for a desktop 3.5 HDD cannot take a 2.5
Additionally one may be SATA and one maybe IDE/PATA the one in your laptop is ore than likely NOT SATA.

First thing to try is to disconnect the battery and boot on power only.

Second thing to try is F8 after first post scren and see if it will boot to Safe mode.

Third thing to try is go to setup, it will tell you on post scren which key is setup, you only have a split second to press it, if you miss it the first time, boot again. In setup make sure CD is the first boot device and then try with the XO CD in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-boot-how-do-i-make-a-bootable-cd-from-my-desktop.156688/
Relevancy 39.99%

Dear all,
I have IBM T22 laptop and now it seems that I will need to take out the harddrive and make it a slave to take out my data before rebuilding the laptop.

When I opened the hard drive, I could not find the proper slot in any other place to make it as slave drive.

Q-1) Can I make the Laptop hard drive as primary and slave ? ( like desktops )
Q-2) If yes, how do I do that ? If no, then is there any other possible way to take out my data from the hard drive ?

Awaiting for your early reply.

Thanks a lot for your time on the issue.
Shirish
484 919 4133

A:How to make laptop hard drive as slave ?

You can only have one hard drive connected at a time on a laptop (internally). To use them both at the same time, you'd need to put one in an external case and connect it via USB or Firewire.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-laptop-hard-drive-as-slave.295586/
Relevancy 39.99%

I posted a thread for quite some time about our laptop having issues with its own screen. Now it's fixed, I was wondering how we could make our external monitor as primary. The screen doesn't work now but the laptop is usable.

We plugged in a VGA adapter to a monitor and it shows up. It starts on the "Welcome" screen. I would want to know how we can see from boot, the logo, "Windows is starting"(i think that was it), etc.
Thanks in advance.

A:How do I make external monitor as primary for laptop?

On some laptops, if you have an external screen plugged in, both the LCD screen and the External screen will show the POST, Starting Windows, and then the login screen. Some laptops do not, as the external could be only ran by the Operating system. I used to have an old Acer Aspire 5536 with Windows 7 Home Premium x64, and I would have an external screen plugged in for gaming. My system always booted from the primary, and never showed on the external until Windows was booted.

You can set it as your primary in Windows, but not as primary in the BIOS, unless there is a setting to change that.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/61037-how-do-i-make-external-monitor-primary-laptop.html
Relevancy 39.99%

well i already use a program From Baid i How My Make LAN Problem At and Laptop WiFi Connection To want to play game with friend so they connect their laptop to my WiFi from a How To Make LAN Connection At My Laptop and WiFi Problem Program they laptop shows it already connected so they launch the game and create a room at Multiplayer well i have friend so we have laptops here included mine my friends can join the room that my other friends create but when i trying to find the room i can't find it why my friend can join the room but why i can't join it acctually i can't find the room i think it's weird because it was my WiFi so why only me that cannot find the room Then i hear i can make my own WiFi without any program to share like LAN connection from laptop can anybody help me or guide me to make it ah and there another problem at my school i connect my laptop to my school WiFi it connected but i can't browse anything because there's no connection maybe the adapter is broken because i change it because i want to test my game last night someone please help me SorryForBadEnglish

A:How To Make LAN Connection At My Laptop and WiFi Problem

While I used Windows 8 [before rolling to W7Pro], I noticed that sometimes I was "connected," but there was no "interneting." For troubleshooting, I would dial back some of my security [antivirus, antimalware, antispyware] settings -- not to "Zero" [no proection], simply from moderate to light protection [i.e. Windows Firewall & MSE] -- and test. Once successfully "interneting," I would slowly bring back my normal security settings, testing from time to time. The regular w8f-techs will be along sooner or later to offer advice. Programs like Bitdefender, Avast, AVG, etc. can be too-assertively set, check those settings if you use any one of those blockbusters.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60849-how-make-lan-connection-my-laptop-wifi-problem.html
Relevancy 39.99%

So I have had this problem for a while but it hasn't bothered me as much as it did today.

Every time I press (or even touch) one of my keys while the fan is going faster than usual (meaning when I play a game), those keys (such as a, s, d, f, shift, q, w, e, z, x, capslock, tab, `, 1, 2, 3, 4, ) all make a light ringing/beeping sound.

I am sure this has do to something with the keyboard hardware, but it is bothering me, please help!

A:Keys make a strange beep on Laptop

I would still like a response from this (been a month)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keys-make-a-strange-beep-on-laptop.1050444/
Relevancy 39.99%

BIG question i have a laptop no desktop i really want to play online games in a smooth gameplay u know without any lags not slow when using it or playing online games cuz im an online gamer how can I make my laptop that i mean how can I make my laptopwork like any other desktop here are my specs ------------------ System Information ------------------ Operating System Windows Vista Home Basic Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire BIOS Ver PARTTBL Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Generic PnP Monitor Driver Name igdumd dll Driver Version English DDI Version Ex Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

I have heard that using classic view can make windows run a lot faster, it that true? I have a weak laptop running a big external monitor (u2711)

A:does classic view actually make the laptop run faster?

Classic view cuts down on the detailed themes and the fancy eye candy so it frees up some RAM. Wouldnt make too much difference on a well-equipped machine but I guess with limited memory, you might notice some difference. Its ugly though!

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/159263-does-classic-view-actually-make-laptop-run-faster.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I am trying to fix my girlfriend's laptop.. Windows 7, acer laptop.
So on startup the most usual think u can see is this ( just recorded )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EqDOBXMr7Q

Sometimes it opens but mosttimes it is like the video.. F2 works sometimes again.. Realy strange problem.. :/
What can i do?

A:Can't fix laptop, can't boot from cd to make a startup repair..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-fix-laptop-cant-boot-from-cd-to-make-a-startup-repair.1062426/
Relevancy 39.99%

I m posting this after following the Prep guide The details of why I think I was hacked are in the first post here My DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Tristenkw at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows checking sure to make laptop has not been hacked my Double Ultimate GMT - Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system ibmpmsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program Files ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software upeksvr exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY TPHKSVC exeC Windows system AEADISRV EXEC Windows System svchost exe -k AkamaiC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files ThinkPad Utilities DOZESVC EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exeC Windows system conhost exeC Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY CAMMUTE exeC Windows system libusbd-nt exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exeC Program Files Freecorder FLVSrvc exeC Double checking to make sure my laptop has not been hacked Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPOSDSVC exeC Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exeC Program Files Lenovo Zoom TpScrex exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Double checking to make sure my laptop has not been hacked Binn sqlservr exeC Windows System igfxpers Double checking to make sure my laptop has not been hacked exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LWS exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Users Tristenkw AppData Roaming Google Google Talk googletalk exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Windows Live Mesh WLSync exeC Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exeC Windows system conhost exeC Users Tristenkw AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files Windows Live Mesh MOE exeC Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exeC Windows system igfxext exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNetC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC Program Files Lenovo System Update SUService exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Users Tristenkw AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Tristenkw AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Tristenkw AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Tristenkw AppData Local Google Chrome Application ch... Read more

A:Double checking to make sure my laptop has not been hacked

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the Quick Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease download Rootkit Unhooker and save it to your DesktopDouble-click on RKUnhookerLE to run itClick the Report tab, then click ScanCheck Drivers, Stealth and uncheck the restClick OKWait until it's finished and then go to File > Save ReportSave the report to your DesktopCopy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note - you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)RKU logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357853/double-checking-to-make-sure-my-laptop-has-not-been-hacked/
Relevancy 39.99%

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2EGAHTcdDIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pls -help me. Than-k -y-ou

A:my laptop -make dashes -automatically. i -dont -know -hot -fix it

Locked se replies here.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547342/my-laptop-make-dashes-automatically-how-to-fix-it/#entry3471519

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547324/my-laptop-make-dashes-automatically-i-dont-know-hot-fix-it/
Relevancy 39.99%

For christmas i got a laptop and i have been having some problems with gaming. I know it is problably not ment to play these games but i was wondering if anyone could help me make it run faster (without lag)? It is a Compaq Presario CQ56-134CA.
It has,
3Gb of Memory
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M (i think this is the problem)
1309MB video memory
320GB Hard Drive

Thanks for your help.

A:How to make my laptop run faster to play 3D games like CS:S

you're probably going to have to turn the settings to as low as possible, and see what framerate you get. You can download FRAPS which can tell you the FPS. Then you can scale the settings until you get a frame rate that you're happy with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-make-my-laptop-run-faster-to-play-3d-games-like-cs-s.158952/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi:

I purchased a new ASUS 64-bit Laptop (with Win 7 Home-Premium).

A:How Do I make my ASUS Laptop Stay Powered Up 24/7

Quote: Originally Posted by snowbird

Hi:

I purchased a new ASUS 64-bit Laptop (with Win 7 Home-Premium).

I pushed <Tab> and posted prematurely )

I wish my ASUS Laptop to be 'on' 24/7 as an Apache Server. It works perfectly now but after several hours, I cannot visit my web site hosted on this Laptop. Altho the Power Lite is lit, the machine cannot be accessed from my router.

I looked over all the power settings (and there are *many* of them), but can't find suitable settings that:

a. Will allow access 24/7 to my site visitors, But,

b. Let the display go blank after several minutes of *my* not using it.

Q:
What are the detailed Power Settings for 24/7 operation without my attendance at the machine, and web site visitors get immediate access to my site ? I don't mind the display going black as long as the machine springs into action when a client visits.

Thank you

--Mel Smith
(old and confused)

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/251568-how-do-i-make-my-asus-laptop-stay-powered-up-24-7-a.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello. I have a home computer(eMachine) with a printer/fax(Lexmark). What exactly would I need to be able to print from my laptop(acer)? Thanks for your time.

A:Trying to find out what I need to make my laptop print wireless

What do you have?

If both of these machines are connected to the Internet through a wireless broadband router, you have all the hardware you need, just some configuration required now.

How about the make/model of the modem and router, as well as the version and patch level of Windows on each machine?

This TCP/IP Home Networking and File Sharing Tutorial should get you started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-find-out-what-i-need-to-make-my-laptop-print-wireless.632715/
Relevancy 39.99%

I just picked up a new laptop pre installed with windows 7, everything is running great but I am trying to make a complete reformat disk on a DVD (not a repair disk) before I go on the net and actually use the computer.

Ideally I want to wipe the system clean and put on just windows 7 with no bloatware.

I have made a repair disk its 160 mb or something, but I know that is not the complete version of the OS.

I could also make an image of my current computer which I just made, but again its not a clean copy of windows 7.

What I dont understand if something happens to my harddrive, what then? is the recovery disk going to magically bring back my OS at 160 mb from the bios alone?

I am running a VAIO VPC-CW17FX any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

A:Preinstalled Win 7 laptop need to make reformat disk

I would bet money that you have a recovery partiton that will restore the computer to factory settings...

Other than downloading a Windows 7 ISO off the net or copying one from a trusted friend...you are going to have to contact SONY and see if they will send you one

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/32676-preinstalled-win-7-laptop-need-make-reformat-disk.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a Lenovo G570 laptop and I want to create a recovery disk.  I made one when I first got the computer but the disks are scratched and I fear they won't work.  I went to the Lenovo forum and I can't find instructions.  They have a one-key recovery system but I want the disk.  Besides being infected (and still waiting for help) I am having problems with my Windows Notepad and want a disk.

Anybody know?

A:How to Make a Recovery Disk Lenovo Laptop

From what I read One Key recovery will create those disks.I see the following note:Note:If you use CD, you'll need 17 CDsIf you use DVD, you'll need only 3 DVDsFrom: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQs-Knowledge-Base/How-to-create-quot-Factory-Default-Recovery-Disc-quot-with/ta-p/274167

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560431/how-to-make-a-recovery-disk-lenovo-laptop/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello, Im thinking of upgrading my laptop from 1.7 ghz to 2.2ghz both dual core

4 questions:
Is it possible to change the processor in a laptop?
How much will this change improve my framerate
If so by how much?
Could this somehow allow me to play with higher graphics settings?
Thanks!

Relevancy 39.99%

So I thought that I would be able to run Skyrim just fine on high settings but I guess I was wrong. My specs are:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
GPU: GTX 560 Ti
Ram: 12 gigs DDR3

There are plenty of other people who have the same GPU as me and are saying they are getting around 60 FPS. I am running on high settings and in cities, the lowest FPS I get is 25 FPS which I think is pretty low. I have updated my GPU drivers and for some reason I think it might be my CPU. When I overclocked my CPU, I got an extra 2 frames. Is there anything I could do to try to improve my FPS? I just bought this CPU a little while ago.

A:Skyrim Low FPS

Hi agentmass,

The specification of your PC speaks volumes, this is not a problem on your side. Many other gamers have been having issues running Skyrim.

1. The game is very new, not everyone will be running this game flawlessly - Wait for Bethesda to release patches.
2. It is a console port, PC gamers will have significantly more problems with regards to hardware/configurations.

I understand how frustrating it can be when you buy a new game and can't run it as it should be, Bethesda will be working on performance issues so expect fixes very soon.

In the meantime try this: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/11/t...e-graphics-disable-vsync-change-fov-and-more/

Skyrim tweaks to improve performance, you might not get the full graphical potential of the game but it may improve the gameplay. Search Google for more performance tweaks, people are always coming up with ways to improve gameplay.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skyrim-low-fps.1026621/
Relevancy 39.99%
Q: Skyrim

Norton antivirus is blocking the installation of my game (skirym) what can I do? Fisem

A:Skyrim

What error message are you getting?

There should be an option allowing you to "Allow" the installation to occur.

Or you could temporarily disable Norton in order to install Skyrim, but re-enable it immediately after installation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skyrim.1045488/
Relevancy 39.99%

Okay so I have awful FPS lag in Skyrim whenever I play even on low quality I really have no idea why this is happening I should be able to play the game on ultra quality with no lag and have Skyrim Lag FPS on several separate occasions Here are the specs of my laptop CPU Intel core i - QM GHz RAM GB DDR GPU Radeon HD M HDD GB RPM OS Win bit Whenever the A C power cable falls out when playing I start to get incredibly Skyrim FPS Lag bad fps lag if I try plugging it back in restarting the game or even my computer it still gives me awful lag And the power settings are already set to high performance by the way I ve tried two different fixes for ati cards but neither of them worked I tried this one and this one So does anyone know what s causing this and how i could fix it I really can t play the game like this which is pretty frustrating Also as a side note this problem isn t only with Skyrim all of my other games have also experienced a drop in FPS rate nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skyrim-fps-lag.1027617/
Relevancy 39.56%

Is neccessary to make a bootable usb to flash hp laptop BIOS or just format a USB to FAT32 file system enough

A:Is neccessary to make a bootable usb to flash hp laptop BIOS?

Most HP BIOS updates are run from Windows - check the instructions for your machine at the website

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301742-neccessary-make-bootable-usb-flash-hp-laptop-bios.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello I just want to make sure my computer is alright I m not sure how to decipher the Hijack This log so I m asking if you guys can to see if everything looks ok Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files x AVG Secure Search vprot exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x CyberLink YouCam YCMMirage exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger Hijack make laptop my sure is alright Please to view file exe C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore Please view my Hijack file to make sure laptop is alright exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX Please view my Hijack file to make sure laptop is alright exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HiJackThis exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files x AVG Secure Search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files x AVG Secure Search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll O - HKLM Run AVG UI quot C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe quot TRAYONLY O - HKLM Run vProt quot C Program Files x AVG Secure Search vprot exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Users Joshua AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c O - Extra button Skype Click to Call - EA C -E FF- B- -AEC B E - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c program files x common files microsoft shared windows live wlidnsp dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c program files x common files microsoft shared windows live wlidnsp dll O - DPF A - E - E F- DD - FDA CollaborationCtl Class - https service contactondemand com TAW ClientLib Collaboration cab O - DPF D BEE... Read more