Windows Support Forum

Program not working correctly, but can't uninstall/reinstall

Q: Program not working correctly, but can't uninstall/reinstall

Hey,

I've used a program/browser plug in called DivX for a long time now, and have always loved its simplicity, but since I had to reinstall my operating system, I've been having problems getting it to work after installing it.

Basically, when I try and view a divx video in a browser, it makes the browser crash, so obviously something is wrong, however when I try and uninstall it, the progress bar just doesnt move :S and I cant run the initial setup again because it doesnt have a repair option.

I can't system restore because I've installed loads of other things since.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this problem?

Many Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Program not working correctly, but can't uninstall/reinstall

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Program not working correctly, but can't uninstall/reinstall

Try VLC or Media Player Classic.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/program-not-working-correctly-but-cant-uninstall-reinstall.159336/
Relevancy 73.96%

Background Laptop with Windows preinstalled Removed preinstalled McAfee trial version never officially activated it but it works out of the box using MCPR exe Updated preintalled to a uninstall program correctly antivirus How to Win and How to correctly uninstall a preintalled antivirus program used Windows Defender with no issues At some point I attempted a System Restore and got How to correctly uninstall a preintalled antivirus program error x which says it could not complete due to a problem with an antivirus program or something like that I'm sure you are aware of the error I have to assume it was somehow related to McAfee as no other AV had been installed other than Defender Long story short nothing I did would get System Restore to work so I reset the computer Heres where I am now After the reset I left McAfee as it is Again did not officially activate it but it is functioning I did all the Windows Updates and did a test of System Restore and it works fine I have now updated to Windows and would like to uninstall McAfee But I fear somehow when it was removed the first time something went wrong which is why I was getting the error when trying to use System Restore I don't want a repeat and would really like to have System Restore available So what should I do to remove McAfee so it will not interfere with System Restore Uninstall first via add remove programs and then run MCPR exe I did not do that last time Just run MCPR exe and reboot That's what I did last time and then System Restore did not work due to an anti virus related conflict

A:How to correctly uninstall a preintalled antivirus program

May be best to uninstall with "Revo Uninstaller" and let it clean leftovers. Before uninstalling, first disable it from auto start and it's service.
Another way (I'm not sure how effective it is ) McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool Download
Some of those AVs are really stubborn to uninstall. Just for safety, clean up any leftovers and and registry.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/45539-how-correctly-uninstall-preintalled-antivirus-program.html
Relevancy 70.52%

If you uninstall a program like mcafee, how do you reinstall it?

A:How do you uninstall and reinstall a program?

Hi,

With a program such as McAfee, make sure you have the product key (and remember, McAfee product keys expire), you then have to use the CD that got sent with your computer, or download a trial version from the McAfee site and then enter your product key.

Hope this helps,

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/269102-how-do-you-uninstall-reinstall-program.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Background Running Win Home bit on a Dell - Working MSE / Malware Not Can't uninstall/reinstall laptop computer Malicious Software Removal Tool indicated that I had something like Trojan b bit or bit Tool said it removed or cleaned or something Don't know how to get back to that screen information Noticed that MSE icon missing from System Tray Under Control Panel Program amp Features MSE icon is missing When try to uninstall - You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials If I try to install MSE get error that it is already installed Security Updated for Windows X -Based System KB failed to install Malware - MSE Not Working / Can't uninstall/reinstall Windows Update encountered an unknown error code I've been through the Preparation Guide for Malware - MSE Not Working / Can't uninstall/reinstall Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help Backup - all my data is on a NAS drive Not all slow computers are caused by Malware Computer is not especially slow Create a free account - I did Enable topic reply notification by default - I did Enable a firewall - Tried to turn on Windows Defender as suggested in Action Center Receive error that Action Center can't turn on Windows Defender Please try again later Download and run DDS says may not work on bit When try to download get dds com contained a virus and was deleted Create a new malware removal topic I'm doing that and post the DDS logs I couldn't get DDS to download Certainly open to advice on how to proceed Thanks Mike

A:Malware - MSE Not Working / Can't uninstall/reinstall

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/500893 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500893/malware-mse-not-working-cant-uninstallreinstall/
Relevancy 65.79%

This problem exists with only a handful of programs, the main one being Serif applications and in my case Serif Webplus X4 which is a cerified Windows 7 compatible program. For example; On successful installation I try to launch the program and the following box appears saying: Serif WebPlus X4 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program.

My system was upgraded from Vista Ultimate 32 bit to Windows 7 Ultimate.

System spec is as follows:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz 2.99GHz
Installed memort (RAM): 4.00GB (3.50 GB usable)

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

A:A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Quote: Originally Posted by warreng

This problem exists with only a handful of programs, the main one being Serif applications and in my case Serif Webplus X4 which is a cerified Windows 7 compatible program. For example; On successful installation I try to launch the program and the following box appears saying: Serif WebPlus X4 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program.

My system was upgraded from Vista Ultimate 32 bit to Windows 7 Ultimate.

System spec is as follows:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz 2.99GHz
Installed memort (RAM): 4.00GB (3.50 GB usable)

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

what does it say in event viewer? Type eventvwr in search. go to the windows log>application tab. Look for critical errors (they have red in the left column) . Look for errors that have app hang, or app crash, etc in them.

When you find them let us know the event ID and source codes.

Let us know if you need help
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/69613-problem-caused-program-stop-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I just recently did a system restore and now some software isn't loading properly. Here's the message from the Event Log:

Any Ideas?
Faulting application name: ProTools MP.exe, version: 9.0.0.62, time stamp: 0x4d70bea3
Faulting module name: MSVCR80.dll, version: 8.0.50727.6195, time stamp: 0x4dcddbf3
Exception code: 0xc000000d
Fault offset: 0x00046960
Faulting process id: 0xe84
Faulting application start time: 0x01ccc5a714c1e5c7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Digidesign\Pro Tools\ProTools MP.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a\MSVCR 80.dll
Report Id: f2094338-319a-11e1-b00e-00241dc60918

A:a problem caused the program to stop working correctly

Hello weskoz, and welcome to Sevenforums!

Are you able to uninstall/reinstall it (Pro Tools MP from Digidesign)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/205093-problem-caused-program-stop-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Today I downloaded a game (Miss Management), I was ready to play so I clicked on the icon, then up came the Microsoft windows message, "A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". I am using vista 32 bit, I tried to modify DEP but it made no difference, maybe i didnt do it corectly. Any help is greatly appreciated as I want to fix this problem asap so I can play this game. If I have left any information out please let me know and I will add it.

Thank you all

Torrent, a friend recommened the game, I just wanted to see what the fuss was all about.

A:A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly...

From where did you download the game?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/412647/a-problem-has-caused-the-program-to-stop-working-correctly/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I ma first timer I amrunning windows ten machines Desktop PC ONE A Windows pro B Version C OS Build D Product ID - - -AA E Processor AMD Athlon II X GHz F Ram GB GB usable G System Type -bit OS x -based processor Desktop PC TWO A Windows Home B Version C OS Build D Product ID - - -AA E Processor AMD A - APU with Radeon HD Graphics GHz F Ram GB GB usable G System Type -bit OS x -based processor HP Notebook PC A Windows Home B Version C OS Build D Product ID - - -AA E Processor Intel Core i - U CPU GHz F Ram GB G System Type -bit OS x -based program correctly caused to working A stop the problem processor I only get this error on A problem caused the program to stop working correctly the Desktop PC ONE the other two run the program justfine and though I do not have the names and details on the other two windowsten machines the program runs fine on them as well I upgraded from windows ultimate to windows pro and ran the programsuccessfully for many months until one day I got program has stopped working I have reinstalled W keeping everything I have reinstalled the program after uninstalling several times using numerous methods from windows forum still A problem caused the program to stop working correctly no joy If I might not talk about the program because it runs successfully on the otherwindows s I would like to address the why this windows installation wont run the program instead of the why the successful program wont run Anyone out there have an idea on how I can reveal the difference between W s and add or correct Desktop PC ONE's windows condition or does it not work that way I have been reading Windows Forums for a while without success fixing this one thing though Ihave had great success with many other windows ten chores I put this message out that it might wash up on fertile shores and produce great results James Shoff

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/53169-problem-caused-program-stop-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi everyone I hope you can help me with this really frustrating problem About months ago I bought a new P C with Vista Home Premium -bit A caused working to the problem stop correctly.... program preinstalled It has worked fine but in the last few days I have finally gained access to the internet only to discover that I can't seem to install or download A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.... correctly For A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.... example I downloaded both the latest firefox and safari setup files but when I try to run them I get the following message instantly Now I have trawled google and other forums for a long time but can't seem to find a solution to the problem I have set dep to allow these programs to run and also disabled dep entirely but neither of these A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.... seems to work even though I have recieved dep realted error messages I have also tried running the programs as an administrator and disabled windows defender avg anti-virus and windows firewall None of these solutions seem to work and there doesnt seem to be any other ideas anywhere else on the internet I also seem to have a problem downloading from IE when I click a download link a lot of the time either nothing happens or I see a window pop up and there disapear straight away this is also very frustrating My P C has the following spec Intel Pentium E Dual Core Processor GHz Asus P K Motherboard nVIDIA GeForce GTS MB Graphics Card GB PC - DDR Memory I will forever greatful if you can give me some advice thanks a lot

A:A problem caused the program to stop working correctly....

Hello and Welcome to TSF

The Firefox crashes article has some information and things to try.

Run the System File Checker
Click Start/ All Programs/ Accessories
Right click on the Command Prompt option, on the drop down menu which appears, click on the Run as Administrator option
If you haven?t disabled User Account Control (and you shouldn?t!) you will be asked for authorisation. Click the Continue button if you are the administrator or insert the administrator password.

Start the System File Checker

In the Command Prompt window, type: sfc /scannow, press Enter
You?ll see ?the system scan will begin?.

The scan may take some time and windows will repair/replace any corrupt or missing files. You will be asked to insert your Vista DVD if it?s needed.

Close the Command Prompt Window when the job is finished.

One caveat: you need a Windows CD or DVD to enable SFC to make repairs.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/a-problem-caused-the-program-to-stop-working-correctly-228477.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi All,
I got this software for doing modelling one engineering work installed on my PC. One day after installation everything was smooth until the software could not be opened and this "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly" message appeared on the screen.

Could I get some light what is exactly happen here?? the program was just OK with windows 7

Thanks & Regards
Adrian

A:A problem caused the program to stop working correctly

Is the program Windows 8 compatible and is it the application or your browser giving you this message? Usually it is the browser that issues this message.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/60724-problem-caused-program-stop-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I had updated Nokia Suite 3.7.22. However I have not been able to use program 'cos I get the message
" A problem caused the program to stop working correctly".
I have reinstalled and also ran system configuration disabling all services and start ups but still the problem reoccurs with every reboot. The last event log error is given as follows:
Faulting application name: NokiaSuite.exe, version: 3.7.22.0, time stamp: 0x50d48641
Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.40219.325, time stamp: 0x4df2be1e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00001ed7
Faulting process id: 0x1fb4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cdf7fcb43281e5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Suite\NokiaSuite.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR100.dll
Report Id: f34da43c-63ef-11e2-ad50-002564dee369

Please help

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/275044-problem-caused-program-stop-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 65.79%

ok the only things that really works is firefox..IE dosent work i click it but nothing pops up.I ran CleanMyPc and found over 800 errors.When i clicked fix it a windows poped up and said this "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

I tried installing RegCure but it never open after installation is complete..i cant restore a back up cuz it wont let me.The only the only thing i can do is browse firefox.I cant even watch youtube cuz the sound dosent want to work.Im runnign out of option and i dont want to reset my pc PLEASE HELP!!!!

A:A problem caused the program to stop working correctly

can anybody please help me???

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/164929-problem-caused-program-stop-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

Got a problem when I open Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended. An error message pops up and I can no longer use the software. Here's the detailed error message:

Adobe Photoshop CS5 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I followed one of the instructions in this Forums but seem to not getting any fix. I have attached one of the error I found in my system.

I am using Windows 7 Intel Dual Core 32 bit operating system. Please help. Hope you can help me.

Thanks
Bubbleslayer23

A:A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

See if it works with a clean boot
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/121709-problem-caused-program-stop-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 65.79%

About months ago I bought a new P C with Vista Home Premium -bit preinstalled It has worked fine but in the last few days I have finally gained access to the internet only to discover that I can t seem to install or download correctly For example I downloaded both the latest firefox problem working the stop caused A to program correctly... and safari setup files but when I try to run them I get the following message instantly Now I have trawled google and other forums for a long time but can t seem to find a solution to the problem I have set dep to allow these programs to run and also disabled dep entirely but neither of these seems to work even though I have recieved dep realted error messages I have also tried running the programs as an administrator and disabled windows defender avg anti-virus and windows firewall None of these solutions seem A problem caused the program to stop working correctly... to work A problem caused the program to stop working correctly... and there doesnt seem to be any other ideas anywhere else on the internet I also seem to have a problem downloading from IE when I click a download link a lot of the time either nothing happens or I see a window pop up and there disapear straight away this is also very frustrating My P C has the following spec Intel Pentium E Dual Core Processor GHz Asus P K Motherboard nVIDIA GeForce GTS MB Graphics Card GB PC - DDR Memory I will forever greatful if you can give me some advice thanks a lot nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

I setup program window live movie maker and save movie but has error follow attach files.

Window live movie maker has stoped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Window will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

A:a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Hi nuttyjoyoung,

Please see this thread on Microsoft Answers for more information: Windows Live Movie Maker has stopped working...

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/77724-problem-caused-program-stop-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have Windows Xp. Recently Mcafee has not been able to open, I can't uninstall it. It is not recognizing my Ipod. I try to uninstall my Ipod and Itunes and nothing happens. I have tried to reinstall my ipod and Mcafee and it says there is an error..

Any Ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mcafee-and-ipod-not-working-cant-uninstall-or-reinstall.447335/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well.

I wanted to know if anyone has ran into this issue.

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

This error pops up every time I try to open up Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, or Power Point.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and the error still continues. I have ran Windows Updates to see if that will help, but to no a vale.

When I run the program in safe mode, the program works fine and when I check out the Add-Ins in options, their's nothing checked as far as third party add-ins.

Any idea of what it could be and how I can fix this?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625177/a-problem-caused-the-program-to-stop-working-correctly-please-assist/
Relevancy 65.36%

i am trying to load Age of empires 3 and i get this error message

Age of empires 3 has stopped working - a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

im running windows vista 32bit

does anyone have any good suggestions??
cheers
Nath

A:Solved: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly

Try uninstalling it and reinstalling it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-a-problem-caused-the-program-to-stop-working-correctly.949159/
Relevancy 65.36%

Quote:
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program

How to Fix this Problem?

A:A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close t

Hello AdeelMushtaq and welcome to Seven Forums.

Sometimes all it takes is a reboot of your computer to solve those annoying "program stopped working" error messages. If the problem continues and RockMelt keeps crashing, I'd suggest following the instructions on how to report it to RockMelt.

RockMelt | RockMelt keeps crashing (on Windows)-

And here are some additional FAQs that may help.

RockMelt Help and Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237669-problem-caused-program-stop-working-correctly-please-close-t.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I just got a new copy of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit OS.It was working perfectly for the first day and then whenever i open an application it starts to show this message.This includes the Catalyst Control Center application,explorer(when i open properties of My Computer),when i try to install a plugin (setup like adobe flash player plugin).The only thing that works is the browser and some video players. I've tried to run an sfc verify test and it showed there are some integrity problems in windows..Are they the cause of these problems..will running scannow in sfc solve the problems or should again reinstall my windows.? Till this editing..bittorrent was working fine and then when i tried to open a torrent..it also showed the above message! Please help

A:A Problem has caused the program to stop working correctly.Please clos

the integrity problems might very well be what causes the current problems. The question is what caused the integrity problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/342892-problem-has-caused-program-stop-working-correctly-please-clos.html
Relevancy 63.64%

im have a problem with my cd/dvd drive when i put a game in it it stop working and i get the error massage saying a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. i just bought this pc about 3 weeks ago today it just started doing this. i have windows vista home premuim. any help would be helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-drive-error-massage-a-problem-caused-the-program-to-stop-working-correctly.833178/
Relevancy 59.34%

I sometimes get the following pop up error when playing World in Conflict:

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly..."

The message would pop up then shut the program. I think the program does hangs and will resolved itself, but Vista (64) is too quick in shutting program.

Is there a way to shut off this feature?

Thanks

A:"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly..."

I'm not quite sure how to shut off that error message, but I had the same problem and resolved it by running it in compatibility mode for Vista 32 bit of Xp (SP2).

you can do this by:
(1) right click on the program
(2) chose properties
(3) click on the compatibility tab
(4) check "run this program in compatibility for:"
(5) select xp or Vista 32

This should stop WIC from crashing and resolve your problem.
The problem is that WIC does not support Vista 64

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/172188-problem-caused-program-stop-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I had a game, 'Prime Suspects' that had been downloaded.Icon was on desktop. No problems playing it.
Then i learnt how to remove the square shortcut item for the game so that the round normal one would be there instead. This worked with my other games so my desktop looked tidy.

For some reason though now Prime Suspects will not play. It comes up saying:
"P.S has stopped working.
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.Windows will close and notify you if solution is available."

Whats going on? If they've not notified me is there no solution? How can it suddenly be a problem? I've looked over other forums and googled that sentence but the explanations are too advanced for me.Any simple answer out there? and solution? thankyou

A:"problem caused program to stop working correctly"

strange stuff going on now-sometimes it will play when i click on desktop icon
othertimes that same message comes up-quite inconsistent

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-caused-program-to-stop-working-correctly.867356/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi!

I'm just wondering why this error notification keeps coming up and shuts down my programs?? I would be very grateful for answers!! Here is a "snipping" photo of the error in the event viewer. Thanks!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/302054-problem-caused-program-stop-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Windows Error: "a problem caused the program to stop working correctly"

I get this error message within 5 minutes of starting my game Knight Online. freeze!

I have been playing Knight Online on this laptop for 1 year with NO problems then boom

My computer:
Gateway model:P-7805u
Intel Duo core 2.26GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS video card
4G RAM / 64 bit operating system ~ under resolution my choices are 16bit and 32 bit ??

I looked up the report yesterday from control panel and it had stuff I didn't understand ..numbers and ID's.. I just went back to see the report but now its turned off and I'm the administrator! ):

Any solutions/ideas for error message and why its crashing my game?

A:Windows Error: "a problem caused the program to stop working correctly"

Some good suggestions
Tips on Troubleshooting Game Issues - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/283280-windows-error-problem-caused-program-stop-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 54.61%

error message :m2ts AVCHD suddenly giving unsupported compression error
I have just had this happen to me
Video files I have opened previously in Premiere Pro cs5 are now giving me this damn error message.
I really am coming to hate this program. Big talk low on performance.
So what should I do?
Some say to reinstall it, other open it by holding down Alt/Shift. I did that alt shift and nothing changed.
So if I reinstall.....DO I HAVE TO UNINSTALL it to then reinstall it OR do I just INSTALL??

this has been one horrible week for me and my computer..
I totally am thankful for expert advice.

A:Uninstall to reinstall or just reinstall cs5 premiere pro

This error is usually given when the trail period is over and you have to activate the product
in-order to use that plugin.

If you own the product, did you try an update?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/300752-uninstall-reinstall-just-reinstall-cs5-premiere-pro.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Greetings, I am now trying to get windows reinstalled.
I have Asrock Extreme 7 Motherboard. When I set the storage to RAID and go into the raid setup the first volume should be set up as raid 0, I do not get an option to set up another.

I have a 60gig OCZ 3 and a Corsair 1 terabyte platter drive. I need them in array so I can use Intels SRT tech.

Big question is Windows is not finding the raid driver on either the Win 7 disk OR the MOBO disk. I assume it IS there correct?

Can anyone give me some advice and or some steps I should correctly follow?

I can get windows started on install but at the end I get 'Windows cannot complete installation on this hardware' message.

Any advice is welcome please help this newb!

PS, at least I am not getting any BSOD's!

Thanks much in advance!

A:Trying to reinstall Win 7 64 cannot get Raid settup correctly

Well, it is not recommended to put 2 different drives in RAID 0, plus it makes no sense to do so with your setup. You need to set up the SSD to cache rather than be in RAID 0. Use this article for reference. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-reinstall-win-7-64-cannot-get-raid-settup-correctly.196154/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have Vista Home Premium 32 bit.
I was having problems installing a program (Berlitz German Premier) where the install would just disappear halfway thru the process. A program would not appear under my programs list but when I went to Uninstall an icon for uninstall of the Berlitz software appears for each time I tried to install it. However I get the following error messages (see attached document with screen captures) when I tried to delete it the traditional way.
When I use Windows Install Clean Up utility, the program is nowhere to be found on the list; thus I can't use that program.
Any suggestions for how to get this program removed?
Thanks!

A:Program wont uninstall it with Uninstall or Install Cleanup Utility

Is this a windows XP program or one for vista. It looks like a compatibility problem. Check with vendor to see if they have a version for vista. Some older programs will not work with vista and never will. There is an option to run in capatibility mode with vista but does not always work.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/193703-program-wont-uninstall-uninstall-install-cleanup-utility.html
Relevancy 54.18%

hi
I have a windows vista laptop which has Advanced system protector installed and keeps loading and stopping laptop working correctly. I have tried to uninstall via control panel add remove programs but the uninstall program fails to uninstall and says that the uninstall.msg file is missing or corrupt.
Can someone offer any sugestions please did look at this a post using OTL program but this did not work for me.
Thanks
Paul

A:advanced system protector uninstall when uninstall program fails

Hiya and welcome to Tech Support Guy

Are you still having this problem? If so, lets start with running the following tools:
Download Security Check from here.
Save it to your Desktop.
Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

----

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediatly.

----
Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition for Home Users
Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Home" button to leave the control center screen.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click Scan your computer.
On the left, select all fixed drives.
Click "Start Complete Scan" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "Continue".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "Remove Threats" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click View Scan Logs.
[*]Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
[*]If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
[*]Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
[*]Click Close to exit the program.
----

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to you... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advanced-system-protector-uninstall-when-uninstall-program-fails.1115750/
Relevancy 53.75%

Ok so I wanted to install windows xp and did so over my vista. But then when i realized that half the drivers dont work for XP i decided to revert back to Vista until the drivers become available....however when i tried reinstalling the reinstallation endded with a black screen with my mouse in the middle....i held the power button in until it turned off and now every time i start the computer it goes to the safe mode screen where you can choose to start in safe mode or use a previously working configuration and then when i click the previously working setup option it brings me to that screen where it shows the little scrolling bar thing on the bottom of the screen like it usually does before booting windows but it stalls on this screen....somebody please help

A:Windows Vista Wont Reinstall Correctly

See the section titled "Using Dell PC Restore by Symantec" at the bottom of page 131 of the "Dell Inspiron 1720 Owner?s Manual":http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...df/DT549A00.pdfor, if you don't have a PDF reader:http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...20/en/index.htmFrom what I read there, it will return your computer to the state at which it left the factory. There are also other sections in that area of the manual that describe other methods of restoring your system.The section "Restoring Your Operating System" begins on page 130 and describes 3 options to accomplish this. The one I mentioned above is the second of those three options. From the contents of your other thread here (Why did you start a new thread?), I think that might be the best place to start.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101697/windows-vista-wont-reinstall-correctly/
Relevancy 53.75%

I need to know how to uninstall a program (quicktime) that's not listed in my add/remove programs, and has no uninstall option. I don't even remember installing it! It's really getting on my nerves! My kids may have installed it?????

A:how do I uninstall a program thats not in add/remove prog.? no uninstall option?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-uninstall-a-program-thats-not-in-add-remove-prog-no-uninstall-option.140410/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have found a file titled "SystemMove" on my uninstall list but it will not uninstall. Don't know what it is and was wondering if anyone else might know.

A:unknown program showing up on my uninstall list but will not uninstall

Have you tried using safemode to remove the software? See also Trial version of Revo and use the force remove feature. Let us know how it went.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574124/unknown-program-showing-up-on-my-uninstall-list-but-will-not-uninstall/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey I installed Vista had the BOOTMGR is missing error and now - after Repairing - everytime I start Vista it either gives me a Blue Screen or just restarts XP works fine though Yeah forgot to all do boot with stuff the How correctly? Vista uninstall I mention it s a Dual Boot system I want to uninstall Vista Googled a bit and here s what I ve found http www tech-recipes com rx vista how to uninstall vista dual boot machine So i ve got a How do I uninstall Vista with all the boot stuff correctly? few questions When working with How do I uninstall Vista with all the boot stuff correctly? XP XP is installed on C E is for software D is for games and Vista is on V When working with Vista Vista is on C and I think XP is on D The point is that the partition names are different how comes When applying fixboot and fixmbr should I set a specific partition Since the partitions are different in each OS how do I know which one to set and what happens if I How do I uninstall Vista with all the boot stuff correctly? leave it blank I mean quot fixboot quot alone for example without the quot partition quot afterwards Is this guide verified My computer has a terrible tendency to give me BSODs randomly make necessary system files disappear and so on So I have to be sure it s genuine Thanks nbsp

A:How do I uninstall Vista with all the boot stuff correctly?

Please, anyone...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-uninstall-vista-with-all-the-boot-stuff-correctly.616024/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello computer gods!

I am pretty computer savvy myself but I have repeatedly run into this problem: when I try to uninstall something, most often a windows-related component, I get this silly dialog box asking for a nonexistent .msi (or sometimes it's just a nonexistent directory, no file):

Since this path doesn't exist, the installer reports a fatal error and quits. Therefore I have to resort to those 3rd party applications that search the registry to remove keys, which seems like a way inferior way to do things.

It seems my computer is (or I am, by accident) accidentally deleting the uninstallers for these applications. Anything I can do to NOT delete them? Like when you run disk cleanup do the old .msi files get deleted?

Thank you for any assistance you are able to provide!! You guys are saints.

A:My programs never uninstall correctly: the uninstaller disappears

Can you take a screenshot of one of these dialog boxes?

I recommend Revo for uninstallation, if you are not using it already - Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-programs-never-uninstall-correctly-the-uninstaller-disappears-547462.html
Relevancy 53.32%

ok, this is strange.. I reinstall Windows XP Home because My computer was messed up. It deleted all my files.. so on my desktop screen I don't have any Program Files Icons BUT it still save my Files!!! I have my orginial files in my Documents folders and In my Program Files It has all the Programs and files that go with that program???
How do I zap everything back on my desktop screen so I don't have to go Download each files as new again??? And I how do i get my Internet Favorite Links and my Notepad with my saved information in it??

Thank you!!

ps. Yes I did try the "Start" and then program files and none of the programs are there.. BUT yet it is in my Program Hard drive C: Program files... with the Program and all it's content???

A:Reinstall XP Home How do I reinstall all my Program Files I Have?

You installed a new version of XP in the same folder as your old one instead of repairing the one that was there already. Your programs are there, but not "installed". You need to reinstall all the programs to create their registry entries and shortcuts.

You probably have 2 "Windows" folders, too, with different names. Go to Start > Run, and type:

%windir%

to see which one you are using now and delete the other one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstall-xp-home-how-do-i-reinstall-all-my-program-files-i-have.660325/
Relevancy 52.89%

How can I uninstall a program that doesn't appear in Uninstall/change programs?

I can see the program folder in Program files but I guess deleting this folder alone will leave traces on the registy etc. I've tried with CCleaner and Revo uninstaller and the program doesn't appear either.

Any help will be welcome.

A:How can I uninstall a program that doesn't appear in Uninstall/change

Welcome to the Seven Forums

What program is it?

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/271772-how-can-i-uninstall-program-doesnt-appear-uninstall-change.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I want to uninstall some software not listed in quot Add Remove Programs quot I ve been attempting to install SQL Server and get the following error message SQL Server Setup has detected incompatible components from beta versions of VisualStudio Net Frameword or SQL Server Use Add or Remove Programs to remove these components and then run SQLServer Setup again Looking to the error log I found the following Product quot DB A- C E- B- Uninstall Solved: Uninstall program without - E BAA C quot versioned is not compatible with current builds of SQL Server Expected at least version The Product Name is quot Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services CTP quot Solved: Uninstall without Uninstall program Product quot BDB E- - BD-AC -C A D EEF quot versioned is not compatible with current builds of SQL Server Expected at least version The Product Name is quot Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services CTP quot Product quot A DC D- EDD- D - F - FAEB F quot versioned is not compatible with current builds of SQL Server Expected at least version The Product Name is quot Microsoft SQL Server Notification Services CTP quot Product quot E A F - - AE -A -EEB F quot versioned is not compatible with current builds of SQL Server Expected at least version The Product Name is quot Microsoft SQL Server Data Transformation Services CTP quot Product quot DD -ABEE- -AC E-B BDD E quot versioned is not compatible with current builds of SQL Server Expected at least version The Product Name is quot Microsoft SQL Server Tools CTP quot Error Action quot PerformSCCAction quot threw an exception during execution Could someone explain in simple beginner maybe step-by-step terms how I can uninstall those programs Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Uninstall without Uninstall program

You can probably clean out any old versions of most of those programs using the Windows Installer Cleanup utility. Use it only on programs that have already been removed or absent from Add/Remove programs.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

.Net Framework -- you are going to need -- so you should install the latest version.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...0B-F857-4A14-83F5-25634C3BF043&displaylang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-uninstall-without-uninstall-program.703244/
Relevancy 50.74%

Vista ultimate
Amd 64x2 6000+

Several of my programs exhibit this issue.
The one that does so most frequently is Powerdesk by Vcom.

The program itself, and advance file manager/explorer works flawlessly except when you exit it does not always shut down completely. Before I can open it up again I need to goto the task manager and end it manually, even though it is not running.

Sometime it is listed 3-4 times.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

A:Program will not exit correctly

Is the the first time you are running Powerdesk under Vista?

I downloaded Powerdesk, installed it, then executed it. It exited without any problem - the first time. During a subsequent execution it hung - "Not Responding". Event Viewer did not provide me with any specific abnormal termination information indicating that the problem lies within Vista.

I went back to the website and looked at the system requirements. I believe this may be a case of a program incompatability issue as the website lists the following for Windows OS requirements:

Windows 98/Me/NT4/2000/XP/2003

Here is the technial information website:

http://www.v-com.com/product/PowerDe...uirements.html

In addition, please note the following regarding technical support from Vcom:

Technical support is not available for PowerDesk 6, but is offered for purchasers of PowerDesk Pro 6. Complementary technical support is only honored if you are using the software on a compatible operating system for the particular version you own.

This may be the answer for PowerDesk, however, you mentioned that your are having difficulties with other software as well. Which packages?

Also, the only reason that I know of that Task Manager would show multiple executions of the same program was if the program had been executed more than one time. Many software packages allow concurrent executions. One way to test this is to bring up Task Manager, view the applications running making sure that PowerDesk is not, execute the program and view Task Manager again.

Please let me know how you make out.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/program-will-not-exit-correctly-214063.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, if any one could help me on this problem
I,m running Windows ME and had a HP OfficeJET G85 installed and worked fine for years...then computer stopped reconizing it after virus or something, anyway tried to install it again and kept getting message that is installed. Went to HP website and downloaded the uninstall program but when I tried to open it came up with cannot run in msdos program so everytime and everything that I do keeps on cumming back as for me to uninstall and reinstall.....after 4 months of this it is about to get thrown against the wall..if anyone can save my g85 from certain injury it would be much appreciated....thanks

Relevancy 50.31%

Have been told by MSN and Verizon that my MSN software has been corrupted. Verizon wants to know a dial up number for reinstallation, but I am on a cable modem and do not have a dial up any more. Is there some way to delete corrupted files and then reinstall MSN?
Last time I tried, the corrupted files were the result.
Also, when I shut computer down, I get an error message indicating run32dll.exe is not responding and I have to order it to "end now" in order to shut down. When I boot computer up, it is very slow identifying sites I normally visit everyday. (IE: Net Address, my email service) Would appreciate any help you can give me.

A:Can I uninstall MSN and then reinstall it?

yes you can uninstall MSN and then reinstall it. By going into the control panel then add remove programs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-uninstall-msn-and-then-reinstall-it.557290/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I run win 7 with IE 9 and google chrome. I like IE but of late it has been so slow in connecting to web sites. Chrome is straight in no problem.. I also run Revo unistaller.. But I can't find a way to uninstall IE9 and re-install to see if this solves the problem. Any help please?

A:uninstall IE 9 and reinstall

HiOne of the following should work for you.If you still have trouble let me know.http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/how-do-i-install-or-uninstall-internet-explorer-9To uninstall Internet ExplorerIf you're trying to uninstall Internet Explorer because of an issue with the browser, first check to see if a solution is listed in Internet Explorer 9 Help and How-to.The following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane. Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section. Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes. Click one of the following: Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer). Restart laterHow to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 9 when the standard uninstallation process does not work.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2579295Still want to uninstall? Uninstall Internet Explorer using this automated Fix it:Note After you uninstall Internet Explorer 9, the previously installed version of Internet Explorer will be available on your computer. You do not have to reinstall the earlier version. To have us resolve this problem for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to uninstall Internet Explorer 9 yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.Fix it for meTo fix this problem automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.Good LuckRoger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475256/uninstall-ie-9-and-reinstall/
Relevancy 50.31%

I installed VirusBurster To remove it I have chipped away doing all the things I know how to do the Add Uninstall? Before Reinstall Remove Control Panel the supplied Uninstaller manually removing its folder in the Program folder disabling items in the Startup tab of the System Configuration Utility trying to track down and delete process shown in the Task Manager and nothing has completely worked I still have the Tray Icon so here I am in this forum I have now discovered it will take a lot more to remove VirusBurster than what I've done so far Here's my question Should I reinstall it so ALL its pieces are in place before I try using your method including SmitFraudFix It seems to me SmitFraudFix might work better when removing a correctly installed VirusBurster rather than trying to remove a partial VirusBurster Or does it make no difference So what should I do Reinstall and then use SmitFraudFix or just Reinstall Before Uninstall? use SmitFraudFix right now Thanks Mike McCarthy

A:Reinstall Before Uninstall?

You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a NotePad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :Restart your computerAfter hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".Choose your usual account.Once in Safe Mode, open the SmitfraudFix folder again and double-click smitfraudfix.cmdSelect option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files.You will be prompted: "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter".The tool may need to restart your computer to finish the cleaning process; if it doesn't, please restart it into Normal Windows.A text file will appear onscreen, with results from the cleaning process; please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply along with a new hijack log.The report can also be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txtWarning: running option #2 on a non infected computer will remove your Desktop background.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74794/reinstall-before-uninstall/
Relevancy 50.31%

XP was oringinally on Laptop and I have no XP disk and there is no trace of XP anymore on the laptop, ie no old.win
I have win 7 Ultimate on a laptop which is running slow, I have no important items on this laptop, I want to reinstall win 7 so it clean all information so laptop will be less congested, I tried looking on utube but can't seem to figure out best way to do it, any ideas

So do I have to uninstall the reinstall win 7

A:Just want to uninstall win 7,then reinstall win 7

Clean Install Windows 7
Tutorial quick reference list for Installing Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/273395-just-want-uninstall-win-7-then-reinstall-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Not sure if this should be in windows or linux, so move it if you want.

I have a netbook that had windows xp home originally installed, it got a virus and would not boot. i then installed Ubuntu Netbook Edition for the os. now i want to get rid of ubuntu and put windows xp pro on.
When i try to run the xp pro disk i get a blue screen error. so i would like to know how to get rid of ubuntu and get xp pro (i have the disk and code for xp pro)

A:uninstall then reinstall

Download the ISO image for Killdisk burn the image to a CD with IMGBurn and boot off of the newly created CD on the Netbook. format the drive using Killdisk. then boot off of the XP CD and Create a partition, Format the partition NTFS, and Install Windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/uninstall-then-reinstall-564709.html
Relevancy 50.31%

This seems to be an old problem but I did not find any new posts IE IE to trying I all 11 at uninstall cannot reinstall After I am running Windows SP on a Toshiba Portege Laptop I had IE running and except for sometimes crashing and reloading I could live with it A few days ago I had problems to get into the Internet Options settings and IE did not work well any more I tried to uninstall and reinstall it It was listed as a Windows update and I had it uninstalled Now I always get the message that I cannot install IE because After trying to uninstall IE 11 I cannot reinstall IE at all a newer version is already installed I tried almost everything I found including trying to delete any trace via elevated command prompt and I even deleted the Internet Explorer folders under Program Files and in my user Microsoft Internet Explorer folders I tried some hotfixes but nothing After trying to uninstall IE 11 I cannot reinstall IE at all works Unless somebody can help me Microsoft has made it successfully impossible for me to continue using their browser and I may have to use Firefox in future instead Microsoft does a terrible job with IE the worst job ever

A:After trying to uninstall IE 11 I cannot reinstall IE at all

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Have you used system restore to an earlier time before your started manually deleting ie's folders......
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/342169-after-trying-uninstall-ie-11-i-cannot-reinstall-ie-all.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I made a mistake installing this app (Timestation PC from Acroprint) and installed "clients" in the wrong order. Was supposed to install Employee Client first then Admin Client.
Installed Admin first and, of course, app didn't work, so went back and unistalled it (or so I thought). Now cannot get Employee Client to install.
Everytime I just get "Confirm File Deletion: Do you want to completely remove app and all of its components?" message. That completes and it does the same thing if I try to install again.
Checked registry for "Timestation" and no mention of software. Deleted one folder titled "Acroprint".

Running Registry Mechanic and TuneUp now, but these have been run before with no change to this problem.

Any ideas?
Running WinXP Pro

Relevancy 50.31%

Me again, different forum!! Okay, I need to uninstall IE7 then reinstall it. The problem is that pesky German thing again. I don't know is I should save my stuff or just do a clean install and then have to reput in all my stuff. Which would be okay. The reason I don't want the uninstaller deal in 7 to save my stuff is because I am afraid that some of that will be in German then here we go again!! This whole thing is because I can't install the English version of Adobe Flash. What a joke that was trying to do!! Stormy here today.

Thanks!!

Jann

Relevancy 50.31%

How to... Uninstall SP2. I need to reinstall XP. (offline use) Good Machine, slow to boot and run. I Want to Cleanly install XP for off line use of educational programs. Original Op.Sys. is XP_Pro

A:Uninstall SP2 - Reinstall XP

We need more information. What is the make and model number of your computer? How are you wanting to re-install XP, with a Windows disk or with a manufacturers restore disk? Or has your XP a restore partition? Whichever way, it is not necessary to uninstall SP2 first. If you are using a Windows XP disk then ensure your disk drive is ahead of the HD in BIOS, then just start the computer with the disk in the drive.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/uninstall-sp2-reinstall-xp/203580.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm sure this has been asked a 100 times, but I'm new. Microsoft has told me I have to reinstall windows xp, but being a rookie can I do it myself or should I have it done. If I can do it some one explain like I'm in 4th grade

Relevancy 50.31%

I have OE on the desktop but nothing happens when I click on it. Do I need to uninstall it and then reinstall and if so how do I do it? I'm not that savvy with computers. I can't find anything to click on to uninstall it. It might be in Microsoft Works but can't uninstall that either.

A:uninstall - reinstall?

First, be sure that it's not just a corrupted shortcut. You can do this by clicking Start then Run... type in msimn.exe and tap Enter on your keyboard. If Outlook Express opens, then it's probably a corrupted shortcut. If it does not, you may need to reinstall Outlook Express.
If you do wind up re-installing Outlook Express, you'll probably want to back up your contacts, folders, and e-mails first, and also write down the e-mail account settings unless you are sure of them.

Your Address Book should be located somewhere similar to this:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER_NAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book

and your e-mails and folders are usually at a location similar to this:

C:\Documents and Settings\ YOUR_USER_NAME \ Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\ SOME_LONG_STRING_OF_NUMBERS\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Copy these entire folders to another place on your drive so that you can "import" from them once you re-install Outlook Express.

To reinstall Outlook Express:
Open your Control Panel, then ADD/REMOVE Programs.... once this opens, on the left side click ADD/REMOVE Windows Components. Uncheck Outlook Express...
let Windows do it's thing, and then restart your system.
Once restarted, follow the above steps, but this time check Outlook Express.
Restart again for good measure, anf then try to open your Outlook Express. Best wishes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/uninstall-reinstall-228461.html
Relevancy 50.31%

IE 10 has been working fine until the last week or so. Now when PC sleeps, then wakes, IE 10 becomes unresponsive. I need to kill It with Task Mgr, the reopen and fiddle for a while before it works as it should.

I thought maybe I could uninstall then reinstall it. But it doesn't show up on the installed programs list. I am running windows 8 - 64 bit.

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Can I uninstall/reinstall IE 10?

Have a look at this.....

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/31641-can-i-uninstall-reinstall-ie-10-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I found a nifty way of backing up my data I created a second partition on the first hard drive and used that operating system to copy all the files to my external from the first partition of the primary drive and then copy all the files back again or uninstall I reinstall help - (obviously) need later When I did this all the microsoft office files give reinstall or uninstall - I need help (obviously) an error when starting up It says an error occurred and this feature is no longer functioning properly Please run setup and select quot repair quot to restore this application I did that but it gave an error that says that the patch is not functioning properly I cannot uninstall the program and I cannot reinstall it either Why would it do this how can I fix it and how can I avoid the problem in the future Just an fyi it does load after the message but I question if all the features work haven t checked them all out yet nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

First of all I meant to say internet explorer not XP lol....Hey guys I have an ongoing problem that I cannot seem to fix, right now this thread is on like 2 other forums and they do not know hwat to say to help so maybe you guys do. The problem is, if I go to a website such as tmobile.ocm/jobs or bet's 106th and park the picture wuill pop up for a sec and go away, which seems to be a flash issue but isnt, one because I have deleted and reinstalled flash 3 times and 2, this is only a problem with IE not Mozilla, its fine with it. So my question is, how do I uninstall and reinstall IE without an XP cd?

April

Relevancy 50.31%

I had downloaded spotlite, and it was not working properly so I decided to uninstall and reinstall the app, but when I went backto the app store, it said that it was installed. I can not find the app in my pc anymore and it says that it is still installed. I don't know how to uninstall/reinstall it?

A:How do I uninstall/reinstall an app?

When you uninstall an "App" it is uninstalled but the Store keeps a history of all Apps you "own"/"owned" in case you want them on multiple PCs or decide later you want it, this way you will not have to search again to find it. Only drawback is we can't delete them from the history without creating a new account. See this thread at Microsoft community.

There is also a Windows feature suggestion petition at Windows-user-voice.com:

← Windows Feature Suggestions Remove app from "My apps"

Allow us to remove apps from Windows Store "My apps", sometimes you try an app and never want to install it again, rather than be constantly reminded it still exists. See link below.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_store/how-can-i-remove-my-uninstalled-apps-history-from/2853b325-4c38-43ea-854c-5aced229807a

93 votes
Vote0 votes Vote Vote Vote Sign in prestine
Your name
Your email address Check!
invalid email
(thinking?)
Reset
or sign in with

UserVoice password
Forgot password?
Create a password

I agree to the terms of service
Signed in as (Sign out)

Close

Close
1 vote 2 votes 3 votes Remove votes You have left! (?) (thinking?)

Lachlan shared this idea ? Oct 29, 2014 ? Flag idea as inappropriate?Flag idea as inappropriate? ? Delete? ? Admin →

Anonymous shared a merged idea: Remove apps from your apps in store ? Nov 30, 2014 ? Show description
In the store all the apps you have ever installed are shown in the "Your apps" section. Please provide a way to remove these especially if they are free apps.

4 comments

Add a comment?
Sign in prestine
Your name
Your email address Check!
invalid email
(thinking?)
Reset
or sign in with

UserVoice password
Forgot password?
Create a password

I agree to the terms of service
Signed in as (Sign out)

Close

Close

Post comment

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/61270-how-do-i-uninstall-reinstall-app.html
Relevancy 50.31%

In order to connect to internet I must uninstall tcp/ip protocol, reboot, then reinstall it. Why!! I get an acceptable ip address from dhcp server; gateway is correct. Whenever i uninstall, reboot ,and reinstall ,i connect great. As soon as i reboot normally, i cant connect anymore. Like this everytime!!

A:uninstall and reinstall tcp/ip

Welcome to TSG!

We need more info to help you. Please provide which OS you have and what error messages you are getting that lead you to uninstall and reinstall TCP/IP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstall-and-reinstall-tcp-ip.96119/
Relevancy 50.31%

Heres the scenario: I have a program installed but its not listed in the add/remove section of windows so I cant uninstall it the standard way. I use to have a program that would search for all installed programs and then you could "strong arm" and delete it....any suggestions

A:What program do you guys use to uninstall a stuborn program?

See if Add/Remove Pro from here helps;http://www.superwin.com/index.htm

If not, you may be in Registry editing or cleaning territory, and that can be tricky!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-program-do-you-guys-use-to-uninstall-a-stuborn-program.329395/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys I successfully used a macro recording application called QuicKeys on my old XP machine with no issues or problems Now that I have upgraded to WIndows the applicaton no longers runs correctly i e it records the keystrokes mouse movements ok but on playback it halts when it reaches a mouse playback switched when UAC correctly OFF Program is runs only and generates a step failed error message I've tried running it both as a Standard user and also as an Administrator but the problem Program only runs correctly when UAC is switched OFF still occurs The only solution appears to be to turn the UAC completely off even lowest setting still results in the above problem Only then does the application run without a problem I am Program only runs correctly when UAC is switched OFF guessing that somehow the mouse movement playback is being blocked by the UAC no prompts but I would have thought that running it with full admin rights would have by-passed the UAC Also tried running it with the quot task scheduler quot method which some users employ to avoid UAC issues but still get the same result Are there any gurus out there with the solution Many thanks Pete

A:Program only runs correctly when UAC is switched OFF

Hi Pete and welcome to SevenForums!

This can happen with older programs that haven't been modified for UAC. You could try to find a newer program that supports Win 7. A quick search online gave me this: QuicKeys Alternatives and Similar Software - AlternativeTo.net

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/346435-program-only-runs-correctly-when-uac-switched-off.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,
I just installed a program and afterwards the vista thing popped up that said something along the lines of "This program may not have installed correctly." and it gave me the options of 'install using the recommended settings' and 'this program is installed correctly.' i chose that it was installed correctly but after opening and using the program a bit i don't think it was. How do I get that box to re-open so I can "install using the recommended settings"?
Thanks

A:Program Didn't Install Correctly

hello

go to control panel > programs and features, uninstall it then reinstall....good luck

start > control panel (classic view) programs and features....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-didnt-install-correctly.902938/
Relevancy 49.88%

Windows -- For the last couple of weeks every time I start-up the computer some program does not seem to be starting correctly or fully The little blue throbber lights up next to the arrow cursor every couple of seconds All Day Long Paid versions of Malwarebytes and Avast are up to date and show How to not starting program be identify that may correctly? clean scans TDSS Killer and Spybot come How to identify program that may not be starting correctly? up clean I need to be walked through how to identify what is happening in the background and then learn how to fix it or stop it I'd surely appreciate it if someone can help me work my way to identifying the issue so that it can be corrected It does not seem to be drawing heavy resources Everything is running well but that throbber lighting up all day is driving me crazy so a good chance to learn some new troubleshooting techniques at least I know that there are a bunch of programs that start-up automatically that really don't need to because I don't use them much but am afraid to mess around with any of that without the guidance of someone that can say what to leave alone and what to disable - and how to do things step-by-step in the best sequence Thanks

A:How to identify program that may not be starting correctly?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark only the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579155/how-to-identify-program-that-may-not-be-starting-correctly/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all, I want to uninstall and then reinstall all Microsoft .Net Framework software. However when I go to Control Panel/Programs and Features I don't see any .Net Framework components listed. Thanks for any tips.

A:How to Uninstall/Reinstall .Net Framework?

In the upper left hand corner "Turn windows features on or off"

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/64250-how-uninstall-reinstall-net-framework.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Java is not shown in WinXP Add Remove. I deleted Java Folder in Programs. Cannot delete Java Folder in Common Files.

Original reason to uninstall and reinstall because websites, where it was needed, could not see Java was installed on my computer.

Java installer keeps saying Java installed, do you want to reinstall, but will not reinstall.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 2047 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS , 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476929 MB, Free - 195221 MB; D: Total - 286181 MB, Free - 278334 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5KPL-AM/PS, x.0x, MT7089K06601893
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Cannot uninstall and reinstall Java

Have you used revo uninstaller?
http://majorgeeks.com/Revo_Uninstaller_d5706.html

Install latest versions:
http://www.filehippo.com/search?q=java+ra

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-uninstall-and-reinstall-java.977132/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, and I have a Microsoft X6 sidewinder keyboard. Most of it works but the volume control does not work and I'd like to fix it.

I did have Intellipoint installed and indeed there is a directory full of it's stuff in program files, but driver wise I seem to be using some generic microsoft HID drivers, however I cannot delete the intellipoint folder in program files, windows claims it is in use.

I don't have intellipoint in my list of installed programs.

If I try to install IP8.2 from a fresh download it says it cannot proceed as it is already installed.

How can I uninstall it, I cannot delete the files and I cannot select anything to uninstall from control panel - programs, as it simply is not there.

Any tips much appreciated!

A:Cannot uninstall/reinstall intellipoint 8.2

Welcome to Seven forums lauriek. In my sig below is a link for Revo Uninstaller Download it and run it. A window will open with all the programs it finds. It may find Intellipoint and remove it for you.
If you simply delete a program's folder, you leave behind many, many bits that an uninstaller should remove.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/189470-cannot-uninstall-reinstall-intellipoint-8-2-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

replaced a fried asus mb with intel d865glc, for winxp pro, surprise, surprise almost everything came back up cept the soundmax, got the new soundmax setup from intel, before to reinstall or install, need to uninstall old asus based version, but when i go to uninstall get these funky messages, see attachments
tried to just run the reinstall anyway but that errored out
googled to death, not seeing anything, anybody got any suggestions

A:Can't uninstall sound max so i can reinstall

Uninstall it in SAFE MODE.
You get to SAFE MODE by pressing the F8 key repeatedly when you first press the <ON> button... then let it fully settle down, then scroll to the top of the page to access Windows then use Add and Remove in the Control Panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-uninstall-sound-max-so-i-can-reinstall.139493/
Relevancy 49.88%

I ran a registry cleaner the other day...No problems before that...After, it says kazaa is missing files and it won't let me run/uninstall it, and I can't reinstall, either. It says "incompatible with RPC stub." Ran the undo files from the registry cleaner, still no dice. Help!

A:Can't uninstall/reinstall kazaa??

What is the complete error message you receive when you try to reinstall? There should be some numbers included in it.

Is the number 0x80070725?
See this :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q321915

If you are running 95/98, follow the directions under "Microsoft Office 2000 or an Office 2000 Component Is Not Installed on Your Computer" to download and install mcrepair.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-uninstall-reinstall-kazaa.92822/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys. I am having trouble uninstalling XP. I actually want to uninstall the OS completely so I can reinstall. Its an old but genuine MS XP disc. The PC will only be used for browsing, I know about the risks of XP and that it wont update but that doesnt matter, I wont be banking on it and the pc wont hold any sensitive data at all.

I cant uninstall from add/remove programs and I cant install and format from the disc because when i try it I get told the version on the pc is more up to date than the one on the disc, and it wont do anything.

Any ideas?

A:How To Uninstall Xp, To Reinstall From Disc

If you have another working computer then the best thing would be to create a bootable CD and use it to reformat the XP disk. I recommend Minitool Partition Wizard. Download the ISO, burn it to CD and boot the XP computer with it.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/how-to-uninstall-xp-to-reinstall-from-disc.307498/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have Win ME and tried to uninstall then reinstall Colin Mcrae rally, although the game appears to uninstall it is still listed in the programs list in the add/remove programs.
Then when I try to reinstall nothing happens.
I have done a file search for related files and folders and deleted any I found but this has not helped.
I have uninstalled / reinstalled this program before without any problems.
Thanks in advance

A:Why can't I uninstall/reinstall my game?

if you remove programs in the incorrect manor,like just delete the files .you computer still think it is installed,so you carn't install or uninstall it.
now how to fix it.
you need to get into regedit to find the entries that you need to delete.this is a very dangerous and you should first back it up so if things go wrong it can be fixed.
1)click start/run,type in regedit hit ok
2)click on file up top click export.remember where the file go to
now to fix your game
3)click edit/find. type in Colin Mcrae rally or the Codemasters if you have no other Codemasters games on your computer..and find them
4)delete any entries that are highlited,going find next untill all are gone
5)reboot computer and try install game again

next time use the uninstall not just delete the program files

if you happen to delete something you shouldn't have open regedit again and import the back-up you made
hope this helps you it should if you do right

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-cant-i-uninstall-reinstall-my-game.296358/
Relevancy 49.88%

hey guys thanks in advance for viewing this this may seem a bit silly but i'd like to just wipe my slate clean and reinstall windows xp i'm having too many problems with xp right now i've got the Uninstall/Reinstall ? WinXP damned HSA BHO lookfor cc etc etc virii and i've tried cleaning them tried many of the suggestions but they keep WinXP Uninstall/Reinstall ? coming back it's a huge pain also i updated to windows movie maker and JESUS CHRIST that just flipped my system upside down it did WinXP Uninstall/Reinstall ? something to my windows media and now i can no longer view streaming media clips from MSN anyway and i usually get an error message WMASF dll whenever i start WMP and i cannot make save edit movies anymore using windows movie maker it just crashes so basically it sucks i'd like WinXP Uninstall/Reinstall ? to wipe everything clean and go back to the beginning with a clean system my questions are these how do i reinstall windows i don't want both OS's running simultaneously i want to get rid of the windows i have now and then just reinstall it so how would i go about getting rid of the windows xp i have now and then reinstalling it is there a way other than copying them to CD to save any files that i want need after i reinstall i really like the current configuration of my system and i have a lot of important files i'm a video production student so i have tons of videos that i mess with that i'd like to keep will reinstalling win xp actually do what i'm hoping thanks for any and all help you guys can give i feel like such a dope

A:WinXP Uninstall/Reinstall ?

From your post it seems backing up anywhere may not be an answer as any infected or corrupt files backed up may re-introduce the nasties you have now.
If there are files you need and you can use a second hard drive or partition the drive to make a back up logical drive you can save your files there and then install XP from the CD as usual only delete the current OS partition first before recreating and formatting, the other drive\partition will be untouched and then the first thing you should do before importing any files back into the system would be an up to date virus scan of the whole fileset you backed up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/winxp-uninstall-reinstall-11387.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Very frustrated with Vista. How do I clean Vista from my PC and install XP using my original legit copy. Thanks.

Relevancy 49.88%

Weird problem I have an HP Photosmart Premium C that was a bit of a bitch to install on but it's been working great for the last several months A couple of days ago it stopped working I deleted everything from the Printer / to Uninstall How Reinstall print queue and tried to print a test page Nothing Stuck in the queue again I deleted the job and clicked on devices and printers off the Start menu No HP C I remembered that the original installaion CD was pretty much How to Uninstall / Reinstall Printer useless since it was not engineered with as a choice So I dowloaded the installation software from the HP site Still a no go on printing - item stuck in queue I redeleted and checked the Devices and Printers There WAS an HP C listed but it had Copy suffixed to the name I How to Uninstall / Reinstall Printer deleted the printer and clicked How to Uninstall / Reinstall Printer on the 'Add Printer' tab on that page I eventually got a message that the software for the printer had already been installed I reinstalled again adn then tried to rename the printer - minus the Copy The system would not allow me to rename saying that a printer with that name was already installed on the computer So now I look for help I don't know how to delete a device that won't display and I have no clue how to get this piece of s t to work HP wants to charge me an arm and part of a leg to help me Seems like if their software has bugs in it why should I have to pay them

A:How to Uninstall / Reinstall Printer

You could give this a try:

With the printer on, go to Devices & Printers and Remove all instances of the printer.

Then click on the Microsoft XPS Document Writer to highlight it, and click on "Print Server Properties" in the top Bar > go to the Drivers Tab > and Remove any Driver listed for the printer.

Turn off or disconnect the printer from the PC. Then restart Windows.

Once on the desktop, plug in or turn on the printer. It should be Found and the Driver installs automatically. Try a Test Page.

If it does not install automatically, then redo the D&P removal process (less the driver part), disconnect the printer, restart Windows, then install the driver download for Windows 7. Connect the printer when prompted. Try a Test Page.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/159602-how-uninstall-reinstall-printer.html
Relevancy 49.88%

k i have this prob with direct x im trying to update it to 9.0c it want up date i do the dxdaig in run. but it always says 9.0b why does the installer run like split second then it says finished nothing happens can it be uninstalled thanks

A:directx how to uninstall/reinstall

Directx itself does not have an unistall however there is third party software that will. Check out the link below.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4347.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/directx-how-to-uninstall-reinstall-85963.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I used to have it on my computer.
But last time I tried to play it didn't work.

It said that I have to re-install it. But when I put the disc in it say that it cant find the location folder.

So I tried to un-install, but it say I cant do that.

I looked through previous threads here, and found one about how to delete it from the start menu -> regedit etc.
Follewed the intstructions, but I dont have a EA game folder, Maxis folder or any other folder for the game.

So what is wrong, and how can I get my Sims to work again???

A:How do I uninstall or reinstall The Sims?

Download CCleaner, and run both the Cleaner and the Registry Cleaner.

Piriform - Download CCleaner, Defraggler, Recuva, Speccy - Millions of users worldwide!

Let me know if this works

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/279290-how-do-i-uninstall-reinstall-sims.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I have an application that uses Net that has .Net 8.1 Framework uninstall/reinstall for 3.5 Pro been failing The vendor has spent the last several weeks attempting to determine the cause According to their tech support and development people this problem is only occurring on my PC I've been using .Net Framework 3.5 uninstall/reinstall for 8.1 Pro the software for years and have a lot of confidence in their support people Their belief is that there is something quot contaminated quot in the OS or components on my PC I have the same application on my W system previously W and the problem does not exist I also have a later version of the application which is beta on my that uses Net and the problem does not occur there either That said it seems that a possible candidate for where the problem lies is someplace within Net Both the vendor and I at different times have gone through the process of turning off the Net framework and then back on .Net Framework 3.5 uninstall/reinstall for 8.1 Pro I do not believe this is the same as being able to do a repair or better still an uninstall and reinstall which I was able to do in W There is no entry in the Program and Features section of the Control Panel that would allow me to remove the Net framework and then install a fresh copy The only control is the Ability to quot Turn Windows features on or off quot see screen shots a section a link to another place in the Program and Features area I would like to be able to find out if it is feasible to download and install a fresh copy of Net Framework or maybe all of it but also there doesn't seem to be a way to remove the Net components I would appreciate any guidance or suggestions Thank you

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/75828-net-framework-3-5-uninstall-reinstall-8-1-pro.html
Relevancy 49.88%

yesterday morning I was infected with quot internet security quot and other trojans and redirects I downloaded malwarbytes rkill exe then combofix and finally hijackthis It seem solved then rebooted suddenly and I lost my task bar then after creating another profile I lost the use of IE will not load any sites stalls then Firefox will shut down after just one search I have been able to get rkill exe to run but it just stays so can and uninstall I malwarebytes can not run reinstall at quot Terminating known malware processes please be patient with the ever present blinking cursor my task bar is back but now my task manager will not open error mess task manager has been disabled by your administrator when I try to reload malwarebytes it only installs then stalls I can not cancell this and have to restart to get rid of it when I try to uninstall malwarebytes it get this error anti-malware unins dat could not can not uninstall malwarebytes so I can reinstall and run be opened cannot unistall I am screwed and tired and really need to get this done so I can go back to work and start a new business that I have thought of this past week please help Rene Chney

A:can not uninstall malwarebytes so I can reinstall and run

also at this point I can not shut down and have to manually turn off the computer to get it to reboot. sucks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289774/can-not-uninstall-malwarebytes-so-i-can-reinstall-and-run/
Relevancy 49.88%

I recently discovered that I had over Gbyte being taken up by DLL files so I downloaded what seemed to be a reputable utility named quot DLLArchive quot by quot AnalogX quot that promised to quot clean-out quot DLL files that had been left behind by installed amp then uninstalled programs http www analogx com contents news htm HUGE mistake After using the program on reboot the system immediately failed to launch requiring a quot Repair Install quot of WinXP Pro The launch error was a missing quot HALL DLL quot file Rant Begins I am no expert but even I know that the HAL DLL is critical I can't How reinstall ? to & IE6 uninstall (COMPLETELY) believe this sorry misbegotten excuse for a Utility even LOOKED at that file much less quot archived quot what was supposed to be a quot useless quot DLL file leaving my system with NOTHING to even boot the system How stupid I sincerely hope that someday the author of this software becomes one it's victims Rant Ends Even after the repair install the messed-up DLL's having been causing constant problems Even though they are quot archived quot you still have to figure out which one is missing and where it belongs Most of the problems are solved but Internet Explorer refuses to act right Windows Update is the primary problem It downloads but refuses to install So I How to (COMPLETELY) uninstall & reinstall IE6 ? decided to uninstall amp reinstall IE I tried to do it by using my XP install disk and remove the software It seemed to go okay The desktop icons disappeared etc So after a reboot I re-installed it the same How to (COMPLETELY) uninstall & reinstall IE6 ? way I uninstalled it But the problems with IE amp Windows How to (COMPLETELY) uninstall & reinstall IE6 ? Update still persist and I am wondering if I actually uninstalled IE properly I wonder this because when I re-installed it all my saved quot Favorites quot were still there I had them saved using the quot Files Settings amp Transfer Wizard quot and expected to have to use that after the IE reinstall was completed Did Internet Explorer quot completely quot uninstall Did WinXP resurect the old IE files from System Restore Before I do any more damage I would like to consult with a knowledgable person or persons as I am concerned that if I keep trying to quot fix quot this thing it will stop working altogether Thanks in advance George

A:How to (COMPLETELY) uninstall & reinstall IE6 ?

Repair or Reinstall Internet Explorer6 and Outlook Express 6

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/how-to-completely-uninstall-and-reinstall-ie6-92485.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I have an application that uses Net that has been failing The vendor has spent the last several weeks attempting to determine the cause According to their tech support and development people this problem is only occurring on my PC I've been using the software for years and have a lot of confidence in their support people Their belief is that there is something quot contaminated quot in the OS or components on my PC I have the same Framework for .Net 3.5 uninstall/reinstall 8.1 Pro application on my .Net Framework 3.5 uninstall/reinstall for 8.1 Pro W system previously W and the problem does not exist I also have a later version of the application which is beta on my that uses Net and the problem does not occur there either That said it seems that .Net Framework 3.5 uninstall/reinstall for 8.1 Pro a possible candidate for where the problem lies .Net Framework 3.5 uninstall/reinstall for 8.1 Pro is someplace within Net Both the vendor and I at different times have gone through the process of turning off the Net framework and then back on I do not believe this is the same as being able to do a repair or better still an uninstall and reinstall which I was able to do in W There is no entry in the Program and Features section of the Control Panel that would allow me to remove the Net framework and then install a fresh copy The only control is the Ability to quot Turn Windows features on or off quot see screen shots a section a link to another place in the Program and Features area I would like to be able to find out if it is feasible to download and install a fresh copy of Net Framework or maybe all of it but also there doesn't seem to be a way to remove the Net components I would appreciate any guidance or suggestions Thank you Update More info missing from the initial post The application has a log and trace file and there are no errors in it There are also no related errors in the Windows Event files The application is written in C When the application first started failing the condition could be easily reproduce on my PC and reinstalling the vendors software quot fixed quot the problem However after some time frame the problem would return and the process would start over Now even reinstalling the application and or turning the Net framework off and then on does not quot fix quot the problem I can recreate it right after a clean install of the application This PC is used for special purposes is only several months old and has very little software installed on it No other applications fail like this I have one other application installed that uses Net which doesn't fail and in written in C Obviously there may be other applications that are install that use Net that I am unaware which are most there for support or utility uses Teamview browser etc

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/75828-net-framework-3-5-uninstall-reinstall-8-1-pro.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Folks XP Pro SP Had to repeatedly turn off Windows Firewall Single user PC yet not able to get it off for a week or two The Security Center does Not shut it down just tells you it does Finally went to LAN shut it down there reinstall to ZAPro? then uninstall How NOT Finally Admin Tools Services highlighted rt click stop and disable Done But since SP I sometimes How to uninstall then reinstall ZAPro? get quot This object has been blocked quot message when try to download via Firefox PR or thru IE same message either route The one download I really want is vx cleaner plug-in for Ad-Aware SE Personal build Put it s URL in Trusted sites on the FF OK list of sites No go Since a number of sites talk of conflicts between ZA and SP with some resolution by uninstalling then re-installing ZA I thot I might try it Installed SP from CD with NAV and the latest ZA Pro shut down at that time Q Can I use Add Remove to uninstall can I save the two versions I want to save -the installers- in another folder so they won t be uninstalled too Sorry for the naive questions Never uninstalled an app I wanted before nbsp

A:How to uninstall then reinstall ZAPro?

Hi,

ZoneAlarm Pro 5.0+ has some issues still. In fact, ever since 5.0 their program has caused problems; (e.g., not able to access Internet Browsers and IMs), regardless of SP1 or SP2. We had ZA Pro since its inception, but unfortunately had to get rid of it and request a refund...which we recieved. Personally, Symantec (Norton Internet Security Professional) is the way to go. Remember, you should {only use one firewall} whether you are using the ZA Pro's firewall, or NISP's firewall! This means, you don't need SP1 XP's or SP2's XP firewall operational.

Zone Labs (Zone Alarm Pro) has a zap of which will take it out of your OS. Contact their Tech Support. Sorry, we cannot forward the zap to you, but removed everything associated with ZA. Absent this, just go into the add/remove and remove it.

The Gillette Family

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-uninstall-then-reinstall-zapro.277192/
Relevancy 49.88%

I need to reinstall or uninstall dellnet. Can not add email addresses on local drive, but can when logged into hotmail server

A:reinstall or uninstall dellnet

Hi,

Welcome to TSF!!

Can you tell me more about dellnet, is it your normal ISP? Is it dialup or broadband, or cable? A little more information would be helpful.

Cheers!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/reinstall-or-uninstall-dellnet-387610.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Having loads of problems with question?! Uninstall/Reinstall laptop at moment freezing ages to Uninstall/Reinstall question?! boot unable to install anything have checked for virus and spyware both scans came up clean anyway backed everything up ready to try and restore back to factory settings Popped in the recovery disk rebooted - this is where it's all going wrong On my old laptop when the recovery disk loads there was an option to Repair the XP installation but there wasn't on this one so as i was clicking the next button waiting for the repair option it's only gone and install a new copy of XP so when i boot up now i have the option of either XP Home or XP Home Is it possible to uninstall the new installation of XP if so how there is a prog called PC Angel which used to available to me when i booted up which i would be able to use to restore the factory settings but i can't access it now since the new installation lastly if I just booted into safe mode with command prompt and typed format c would this work only because there is a seperate partition containing the PC angel software and recovery data would the pc be able to boot to the hidden partition if ya know what i mean if not if the c was formatted and the hidden partition didn't work would i be able to use the seperate recovery CD thanks in advance

A:Uninstall/Reinstall question?!

If you have an installation CD, enter BIOS ( Setup ) and set the first boot device as CD/ROM. Put your XP Disc in the drive and disconnect all external peripherals except the monitor, keyboard and mouse, and be sure those are not USB, or wireless. Any internal USB card should also be removed.

Make sure you have the 25-digit product code for the Windows XP CD.

Once you set your BIOS to boot first from cd . . when it restarts you will see a black screen with a prompt "Press any key to boot from CD" . . do that and you will be able to delete any or all partitions and recreate one or more, then proceed to formating and installing XP.

That message can pass quickly, so have a finger on the keyboard when you boot. This will delete all data on the drive so be sure you have your important data backed up. The prompt will appear after every reboot, but do not press any key on subsequent reboots. The setup process will continue with no action required from you.

If you do not get that message, and if you have another optical drive, try the XP CD in the other drive.

If you are installing on SATA drive, there is an additional step:

http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how...ws_xp_on_a.htm

This is a site that walks you thru a simulated XP installation:
http://www.echoproject.net/en/software/catalog.html

These are good guides to reinstalling XP . . you might want to print one for reference during the install.

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase...p_sg_clean.asp
http://www.socrtwo.info/cleanxpinstall.htm
http://www.theeldergeek.com/xp_home_..._-_graphic.htm

You will likely have to reload drivers (Chipset first) and applications, If your XP installation disc does not include SP2, after the installation, you will need to download and install SP-2, while windows is clean. Prior to connecting to the internet be sure you enable the XP firewall.

If you want to save your files and settings, you can use the XP Files and Settings Transfer (FAST) wizard to create an image of them and save to cd or other removable media. These are good guides to using the FAST wizard. Just be sure you have an up-to-date antivirus before you re-instate them!

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase...xp_sg_fstw.asp
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_install.htm

For help entering BIOS: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/uninstall-reinstall-question-168877.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I can't find a way to uninstall McAfee after a re-install of Windows XP. It's a trial version and I can't get it to uninstall through Add/Remove programs. It keeps saying it's running but I can't find a way to shut it down. I even tried to delete the folder in program folders-won't let me. How do I get rid of this thing called McAfee suite?

A:uninstall McAfee after reinstall of XP

How can I switch off McAfee altogether?How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe) Edit; Added link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303585/uninstall-mcafee-after-reinstall-of-xp/
Relevancy 49.88%

Printer icon seemed to have corrupted then disappeared. So I tried to unistall and reinstall. Thought I had but I guess not. Now I cannot uninstall and reinstall with disc. Now what? I can't even get the drive to see the install CD now.

A:Cannot uninstall and reinstall printer

You can probably use a program such as RevoUninstaller to get rid of it.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/278012-cannot-uninstall-reinstall-printer.html
Relevancy 49.88%

It's not detectable when dialing up the first time around, I am having to uninstall it and then restart each morning. The troubleshooting shows it works properly. I have Windows XP and it is a U.S. Robotics 56 Fax Win. Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 49.88%

My g-son got an HP laptop Vista and at the time of purchase we also got Trend Micro I told them at the store Best Buy that I wanted EVERYTHING INSTALLED as & reinstall Uninstall trend? I didn t want to mess with it Time goes by amp he start complaining about these pop ups - I Uninstall & reinstall trend? look and it is NORTON I hate Norton as I don t think you can ever get it completely out of your computer I tried to uninstall Norton amp Install Trend - impossible - so it goes back to the Geeks with a nasty note from me Trend is in but can t register it or update it because it says too many installs Contacted Trend amp twice they gave us new passwords to enter no luck I guess what I need to know is how to do a correct uninstall of Trend on Vista amp then reinstall it amp hope it works Otherwise I foresee Trend also getting nasty notes from granny Too old to learn new tricks just want to enjoy the old ones nbsp

A:Uninstall & reinstall trend?

hi here is info i found in the trendmicro site http://esupport.trendmicro.com/support/viewxml.do?ContentID=EN-1036064&id=EN-1036064 hope it sorts your problem also re norton you can get a clean tool from nortons site

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstall-reinstall-trend.791809/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I go to log into AIM, click the icon (I have used them all) and the hourglass pops up for a split second, then nothing. I do a Ctrl Alt Delete and it is NOT listed on the task list, however, when I go to reinstall, it tells me I have to close the program that it is already running. Same for the uninstall. I have tried EVERYTHING and I can't figure it out. I can log onto other pc's with my user name and password...it is just this pc.

Thanks!

A:AOL IM says running, but isn't - can't uninstall or reinstall

Try reinstalling it in Safe Mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aol-im-says-running-but-isnt-cant-uninstall-or-reinstall.158266/
Relevancy 49.88%

Tried the plunge to MintLinux and hate it The install went bad as it went all Linux with GRUB only allowing me to go into MintLinux or Ubuntu Windows is gone I have an older restore set of cds I created when I got this PC a few years ago and I also have a win upgrade cd I have TIRED everything including changing the boot order in the bios to allow the pc to reboot into either of these cds and nothing works It saves my change to boot into the cd player first but keeps rebooting into GRUB This PC is an HP p - with two hds How can I fix this so that I have windows running on this again please I don't care about ANY lost information as this is not my primary computer I would think I need the recovery cds to work because if I have to resort to the upgrade win cd I do not have any cds of original reinstall do 7! uninstall and MintLinux How I Win full version of How do I uninstall MintLinux and reinstall Win 7! windows to upgrade from Please help Thanks

A:How do I uninstall MintLinux and reinstall Win 7!

Are you sure the Windows 7 partition was wiped?

Download Partition Wizard Bootable. Burn the iso to a CD disk. On a Windows 7 computer you can right click the iso and select Burn Disk Image. Run the program. Do you see a partition formatted NTFS. If you do then your Windows 7 partition is still intact. Also look for a partition of about 12gb. This would be your factory restore partition. If possible post an image of the Partition Wizard Window.

If you factory restore partiton is intact then tapping F11 at boot will bring up the recovery manager and let you do a full factory reset. You may want to try this first.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615503/how-do-i-uninstall-mintlinux-and-reinstall-win-7/
Relevancy 49.88%

I think I have a problem with DX9.Is their a way to uninstall it and do a fresh DX9 install?

Here is a description of my problem.
http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/247940-hl2-e2-wont-work-after-cod.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstall-dx9-and-reinstall-in-xp-home.638801/
Relevancy 49.88%

In order to help fix some of my blue screen issues, I was told to uninstall the AMD Catalyst Install Manager and then 'Install the driver you selected for the display cards once Windows starts'.

Thing is, I know diddly-squat about drivers, so I am clueless as to what I'd have to reinstall. I don't even know what I'm really supposed to post here to get help. I've attached a System Health Report. I figured that'd be my best bet.

Could anyone here please help me with this?

A:Must uninstall AMD Catalyst; what do I need to reinstall?

Go into 'Control Panel' and select 'Programs and Features'.

Find the AMD Catalyst Install Manager listing and double click it - follow instructions to uninstall.

Google 'AMD Catalyst' (sorry, can't post a link here) and choose the listing 'Downloads -AMD'

Choose the correct download for your operating syatem and follow instructions to download

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/238745-must-uninstall-amd-catalyst-what-do-i-need-reinstall.html
Relevancy 49.88%

We recently added to our computer family a new laptop with ATI graphics I was looking around inside to see if could uninstall the drivers the same way I have been doing for my nVidia cards - to install new drivers when the time comes Qs - Users Uninstall/Reinstall ATI cleanly My last ATI card was a Pro on an XP box so it's like starting over Q Normally I would first go into quot Remove Programs quot and uninstall the nVidia Stuff there For ATI there is only quot ATI Catalyst Install Manager quot I assume this is what I uninstall to remove all the Catalyst software and drivers Shouldn't that be quot ATI Catalyst UN-install Manager Q Normally I would delete the old nVidia Drivers folders on C before restarting to avoid Windows finding ATI Users - Uninstall/Reinstall Qs and reinstalling old drivers nVidia just has one folder on C For ATI there are folders C ATI Users - Uninstall/Reinstall Qs Program Files ATI C Program Files x ATI Users - Uninstall/Reinstall Qs ATI Technologies Would I delete both Are these uninstalled running the ATI Catalyst Install Manager Q nVidia cleans up pretty thoroughly after Remove Programs does ATI Any other tip and tricks for clean installing new ATI drivers in W would be greatly appreciated

A:ATI Users - Uninstall/Reinstall Qs

Drivers are not stored there there in a driver directory, you remove the drivers using device manager. Then install the drivers after you removed CCC

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/113853-ati-users-uninstall-reinstall-qs.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Cant uninstall or reinstall SUPERantispyware. Comes up with error message.

ERROR 1402 could not open key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SUPERANITSPYWARE.COM\SUPERANTISPYWARE

Verify that you have sufficent access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

A:Can't Uninstall Superantispyware Or Reinstall It.

Do you have administrative privileges? Have you recently upgraded Windows? Is this the only program that is giving you a problem? Have you tried uninstalling in safe mode?

Here is one solution:

The error indicates that you do not have sufficient permissions to update the system registry. Even if you are logged in as a system administrator, you may encounter this error if the system has been upgraded from a previous version of Windows.

The action below requires updating the system registry. It is strongly recommended that you completely back-up your computer before taking this action.

Windows XP

1. Select "Start", "Run", and type "RegEdt32". Click OK.
2. Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
3. In the menu, select "Edit", "Permissions". A dialog will come up.
4. Check "Allow" for "Read" and for "Full Control", then click OK
5. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and repeat steps 3, 4 for the keys "Software" and "System"
6. Expand the "Software" key, and repeat steps 3, 4 for "Classes"
7. Expand the "Classes" key, and repeat steps 3, 4 for "Installer"
8. If you have made any changes in steps 1 through 7, skip to step 10. If you did not make any changes, continue with step 9.
9. Open the "Classes" key, and click on "Installer" . In the menu, click "Security", "Permissions." Click the button marked "Advanced." Check "Reset Permissions on all child objects.", then click OK
10. Close the registry editor
11. Reboot the computer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84900/cant-uninstall-superantispyware-or-reinstall-it/
Relevancy 49.88%

Is it true that every year or 2 you should uninstall XP and reinstall it to keep it fresh, and stop it from getting bogged down with 'junk'?

A:uninstall/reinstall XP periodically?

Well...what's the source of that little tidbit?

If your system is running well...there is no reason to ever uninstall/reinstall anything on a computer...be it O/S, drivers, or programs, IMO.

Situations mandating an uninstall of the O/S include...failure to backup or clone the installation, some malware situations, damaged file system (NTFS/FAT), problems which can neither be solved within a reasonable amount of time or which mandate a reinstall because user lacks the proper tools/capability for attempting to troubleshoot, and a change of either the motherboard or the hard drive on a system.

Louis

Those of us who have a user history with older versions of Windows...periodically uninstalled/reinstalled...primarily due to a lack of the proper tools that are currently available to troubleshoot O/S issues. Many of those mysteries of yesterday...are now properly documeted and overcome by simple procedures.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/390071/uninstallreinstall-xp-periodically/
Relevancy 49.88%

Internet Explorer 11 keeps crashing in Windows 8.1 HP laptop. Would like to uninstall/reinstall IE 11 but having trouble doing so. Help!!

Relevancy 49.88%

So basically, right now i have a windows partition on my macbook and when i upgrade to an ssd I plan on getting rid of the windows partition, for now atleast as I have no use for it anymore. The only thing I'm worried about is I don't have an install disk or anything as my windows 8 copy was a digital upgrade download.

So basically my question is, if I completely uninstall windows will I be able to reinstall it again on the same macbook at a later time? Would I just be able to download an iso off microsoft.com and put the serial key in again? I wouldn't want my copy of windows to be wasted or anything.

Thanks in advance.

A:Can I uninstall windows and reinstall it later?

Hi i have installed Windows 8 several times again as i had a problem with it and needed to do a fresh install.
This was a reformatted drive and it has also activated ok with the key i was given with the download from ms

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/25837-can-i-uninstall-windows-reinstall-later.html