Windows Support Forum

Windows 7, network drive, change password remotely

Q: Windows 7, network drive, change password remotely

I have Windows 7 PC, and a Server with Windows 2003 server, I can map a drive to that server, the ID and password on the server match the PC login ID and password, so, with the Network Drive mapped to the Windows 7 PC, I should be able to change the password on that network drive. However, when attempting to change the password, I plug in the required info, network resource IP address\login ID , then the old password and then the new password and confirm, this process does nothing, the password change request does not go to the server. The server is not part of a domain.
We have never had a problem with this process until Windows 7. The Authentication security on the server is NTLMv2. On the Windows 7 PC, I went into Control Panel > System and Security > Admin Tools > Local Security Policy, and on the LAN choice set it to accept NTLMv2 responses. Still nothing, any thoughts?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7, network drive, change password remotely

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7, network drive, change password remotely

Is the user account on the server set to "Do not allow user to change password"?
When you say it is not being sent to the server, how did you determine this? Did you look at the event logs on the server and/or on the local machine from which you are attempting to change the password?

How are you attempting to change the password?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-network-drive-change-password-remotely-643532.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Dear all I am currently based in London I remotely pc I a can't do a of that password change b local account How have an issue with a staff's laptop based in Africa We built the laptop and shipped it to them As part of the build we put on our standard administrator account and then made a local account as they are not connected to our domain The user in this Africa office changed the local password of his account and now can't remember it therefore making the PC unable to be logged into I do not want to tell him our administrator password because it's the same for all our PCs worldwide I have researched many things to try and connect to the PC but it is now possible I have tried Browsing to the machine from another pc on the network using explroer and I can see the C Drive I tried running this command but I just keep getting error net use pcname ipc usercname administrator RDP will not work it just won't connect The PC I am using is Windows home edition and not business which I notice is a problem as computer management does not have users and groups it appears The remote pc is Windows Enterperise So at the moment I just have a laptop that is stuck at the login screen

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387201-how-do-i-remotely-change-local-account-password-pc-cant-b.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Dear all I am currently based in London I have an issue with a staff's laptop based in Africa We built the laptop and shipped it to them As part of that change account do pc I b password of remotely How a a local can't the build we put on our standard administrator account and then made a local How do I remotely change a local account password of a pc that can't b account as they are not connected to our domain The user in this Africa office changed the local password of his account and now can't How do I remotely change a local account password of a pc that can't b remember it therefore making the PC unable to be logged into I do not want to tell him our administrator password because it's the same for all our PCs worldwide I have researched many things to try and connect to the PC but it is now possible I have tried Browsing to the machine from another pc on the network using explroer and I can see the C Drive I tried running this command but I just keep getting error net use pcname ipc usercname administrator RDP will not work it just won't connect The PC I am using is Windows home edition and not business which I How do I remotely change a local account password of a pc that can't b notice is a problem as computer management does not have users and groups it appears The remote pc is Windows Enterperise So at the moment I just have a laptop that is stuck at the login screen

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387201-how-do-i-remotely-change-local-account-password-pc-cant-b.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi there,
We have a network/server with some shared drives. Initially when users click on a drive, they will be asked to enter the username/password for that drive. We want to change this password but can't work out how to change it? We all use windows 8.
Thanks

A:How to Change Network Drive Password?

How do you share resources in your network?

To change a homegroup password
Open HomeGroup by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, typing homegroup in the search box, and then clicking HomeGroup.

Click Change the password, and then click Change the password.

Type the new password you want to use (or accept the suggested one), click Next, and then click Finish.

After you change the password, everyone connected to your homegroup will be asked to enter the new password.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617858/how-to-change-network-drive-password/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi there,

We have a network/server with shared drives. Initially when users click on a drive, they will be asked to enter a username/password. I can't work out how to change the password?

Thanks

A:How to Change Network Drive Password?

Is this work or home what sort of server is it a domain controller. Do users have an account on the server what is the permissions on the share and ntfs

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/130035-how-change-network-drive-password.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi there,

We have a network/server with shared drives. Initially when users click on a drive, they will be asked to enter the username/password for that drive. We want to change this password but can't work out how to change it? We all use windows 8.

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/75304-how-change-network-drive-password.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I am using a borrowed laptop to make this posting I cannot access the Internet from my brand new desktop computer running Windows Here is the full story I share my daughter's wireless home network to access the Internet She change network 8.1? password to Windows in How lives upstairs right above us How to change network password in Windows 8.1? Last night for some reason she changed the How to change network password in Windows 8.1? password of her secured password protected network This morning when I tried to connect to the Internet using my desktop running Windows I got an error message basically saying Cannot connect to the Internet Your network configuration has changed When I asked my daughter about it she said she had changed the password of her network and GAVE ME THE NEW PASSWORD Now I have been trying for hours trying to figure out how to change the password in my PC's network configuration so that I can automatically connect to the Internet like before Unfortunately no luck My daughter uses Mac computers She does not know how to change it in Windows So borrowing her Mac I Googled The best article I found was this one http www tutorials com view-change-password-wireless-network-windows- - I came close but the last and final step described in the above article does not match Windows may be it is so in Windows I could not find the Security tab or anything where I can view and change the password for the network Somebody please help quickly I have to access the Internet ASAP A lot of work needs to done Thanks in advance Again your instructions has to be for Windows

A:How to change network password in Windows 8.1?

If you are talking about the Wireless connection, but she kept the same SSID, it should be asking you for the new passphrase, when it fails.  If it doesn't, you can go to the Network Adapter, as stated in that tutorial and change it.  Otherwise you can uninstall the Wireless adapter, which will flush the Security key and all settings, then reinstall again, and you should be good to go.

It will number the adapter one number higher, but that does not matter.  You can also remove the key, by following this guide.  http://superuser.com/questions/148139/where-does-vista-windows-7-store-wireless-connection-information  Only thing kept in the registry, is the network connection info, not the keys anymore.  The keys in that file are encrypted, so it is not plaintext.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519444/how-to-change-network-password-in-windows-81/
Relevancy 61.06%

hello ive got a wireless network at my house which is password protected i gave the password to an old room-mate who was staying with me at the time so he could access the internet with his laptop he moved out about months ago and recently my i password? network how do change ive been seeing on my pc a notification that my computer has discovered a quot branden-pc quot branden is the name of my old room-mate and asks me to either allow or deny it to be able to access how do i change my network password? my media files i know that its my old room-mate coming and sitting outside my house in his car to pick up my internet and i do not want that going on he could be illegally downloading copywrighted materials or god knows what in fact i know that he downloads movies illegally so im sure you can understand why i want to change the password i dont want his movie pirating or anything else he may do to come back on me and get me in trouble ive already got two strikes with my ISP from him pirating movies when he how do i change my network password? lived here one more and my service gets terminated and i become ineligible to recieve it from them in the future i know what my password to the network is and everything i just can not figure out how to change it to a new one please help i need to get this password changed before he gets me in more trouble with my ISP and i lose my internet for good nbsp

A:how do i change my network password?

You would need to go to the router setup page using your internet browser.
You should be able find instructions at the router manufacturers website
support section.
If you don't remember the router login,you should find instructions to
reset it at the website also.
The password should be under the wireless settings,but you can
just run the setup wizard and go through the steps to set it up again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-change-my-network-password.974949/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am trying to help someone with a Windows 10 laptop connect to a WiFi network. Unfortunately, I inadvertently entered an extra character in the password for the network, and now, of course, the laptop won't connect to the network.

Unlike Windows 7, I can't get access to the network Properties section, because the computer has never connected to that network, and the right click doesn't work from the task bar icon. It also doesn't work from the Settings/Network & Internet window.

I have tried searching the internet (and this forum) for a solution, but everything I have found so far doesn't work.

Can anyone help?

Relevancy 60.63%

I have just set up the "o2 HomeBox 6641".

How can one change the name of the network connection:

"WiFi" can be changed / renamed, but "o2-WLAN" cannot, I would like to rename it.

How / where can I change the WPA2 key, the password for the Internet connection?

And, do I need a password - there is no one else using the Notebook - to enter the program / GUI in the browser to change settings for the router?

A:How to change name and password of network connection?

It can only be done in the Wireless settings on the Gateway or Access Point. If the Gateway requires a password and you do not have it, that means that you need to leave alone.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/43469-how-change-name-password-network-connection.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a network of two computers ComputerA running Windows XP -bit has a shared folder in read-only mode called SFiles with a sign-on of CAShare and share after network a change a password to in Connecting a password of ZXJK ComputerB running Windows Vista in the Network entry of Windows Explorer shows ComputerA When I expand ComputerA I Connecting to a share in a network after password change can see the SFiles shared folder undereath and when I try to click on the folder it asks me for a sign-on and password I answer with CAShare and ZXJK and it asks me if I want to save this information and I say yes Subsequently when I click on the SFiles shared folder it gives me read-only access to the files in the shared folder This works excellently Subsequently on ComputerA I decide to change the password for the sign-on of CAShare from ZXJK to NPPP T Now on ComputerB when I try to click on the SFiles shared folder in Windows Explorer I Connecting to a share in a network after password change get a message of quot Windows can not access ComputerA SFiles with an error code of Ox Acces is denied quot That's fair enough since I changed the password for the sign-on So I want Windows Explorer to ask me for a new password and I will reply NPPP T and now have read-only access again which is fine But it does not do this but repeatedly denies me access each time I click on the shared folder Surely there must be some way to tell Window Explorer to get a new password from me for this share How do I do that

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/261916-connecting-share-network-after-password-change.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Our Windows 7 users are prompted when their passwords will expire in 14 Days, however They are not forced to change thier password before it expires. If the users ignore the expiration warning they can only get logged into the network after having the helpdesk
reset thier password.
Is there a way to force Windows 7 users to change thier passwords on the day it expires. Our WinXP users get the 14 day warning and are forced to change thier passwords on day 14.
I have the GPO configured to notifiy users when thier passwords will expire in 14 days
Thank you,
Glen

A:Windows 7 Expired Password - Recvd Warning prompts but not forced to change password

Hi,

After applying above settings, the user can change the password by default at the expire day. Please create a new domain profile and test the issue on several Windows
7 machines. Can the user be enforced to change password at expire day? If not, please refer to the following steps to collect the information for research.

1. On the DC, open GPMC, right-click Group Policy Results, choose Group Policy Results Wizard, follow the wizard to collect a Group Policy result for problematic
Windows 7 client.

2. On the Windows 7 machine where GPO failed to apply, please perform the following steps to collect log files:

a) Please add the specified registry key to enable group policy log (%windir%\debug\usermode\gpsvc.log), and remove or rename it to disable group policy log after
collecting data. You may need to create the Diagnostics key if it is not there.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Diagnostics

Type: DWORD

Value: GPSvcDebugLevel

Data: 0x30002 (hexadecimal)

b) Then on the problematic Win7 machine, run command “gpupdate /force”.

c) Then on the problematic Win7 machine, run command “gpresult /v > gpr_win7.txt”, send me gpr_win7.txt file.

d) On the problematic Win7 machine, run command “eventvwr”, then expand to Applications and service logs -> Microsoft -> windows -> groupPolicy
-> Operational. Right-click on it and click “save event as”. Save the file as .evtx format and send it to me.
e) After that, please send me the above output files. (please zip them first and then send them to me).

- %windir%\debug\usermode\gpsvc.log
- gpr_win7.txt
- win7.evtx

Please use Windows Live SkyDrive (http://www.skydrive.live.com/) to upload the GPMC
result and the zip files, and then give us the download address.

Thanks,
Novak
 Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ad8b5f6d-53e6-4e8a-88a3-c25d9694d831/windows-7-expired-password-recvd-warning-prompts-but-not-forced-to-change-password?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 58.91%

I recently purchased a My Cloud drive, and set it up as a network drive on my home computer (on the same network) by adding it as a Windows Credential. I have port forwarded the device on port 80 and tried adding it as a Windows Credential the same way on a laptop connected to a different network. I entered its address as xx.xx.xxx.xx:80, but I can't get the drive to show up this way. Is it possible to connect to it this way despite being on a different network?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/63290-connect-my-cloud-drive-remotely-windows-credential.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I want to get a full screen screen shot of all the different OSes including NT, 2000 and XP the problem I have is print scrn button does not work until your officially logged in. I want to send screen shots to some of my users who cannot follow directions. I have searched online for awhile but either am missing the right keywords or am just a little slow.

I would make my own if anyone can tell me how to get screenshots before your even logged on to the PC.

Relevancy 58.05%

i recently bought a windows 7 home premium tablet with the intent of using it as a portable media player. for some reason i cannot connect to my media server's shared drive. the server is running windows xp and share permissions are configured properly. but any time i try to open the share on the tablet i get a the network password is incorrect. the thing is that i can remote desktop into the server using the same username an password. so please for the love of god fix this because my sanity relies on it.

mike

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426992/urgent-cant-access-network-drive-incorrect-network-password/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,

I have a SEVERE problem. My computer stopped recognizing my hard drive, so I took it over to a friend's and hooked it up to his computer, where I was allowed access to my hard drive. However, the vast majority of my files (pictures, word documents, etc) were stored under my personal folder, which was protected by the basic Windows XP password, and now it will not let me into the folder, as I haven't logged into the account it is used to seeing.

I know all my information is there, but I can't get to it. How can I solve this problem and retrieve my information? It may sound melodramatic but I seriously feel like a significant portion of my life is stuck in that folder, and I'd do nearly anything to get it back. Any help would be genuinely appreciated as I am in great need. Thanks!

A:Hard Drive change/password problem

Into safe mode and login as Administrator and then change the user functions on that drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-change-password-problem.473660/
Relevancy 57.19%

My network contains:
10 PCs and laptops running (Windows7 & Windows8).
2 network printers
1 Network Drive (WD Mybook Live Duo)
Workgroup environment

Here everything is fine. But one of the windows 8 laptop cannot access network folder. It prompt username and password. whenever I am trying the username and password it says login failure. But the same username and password works for all other machines. I tried disable firewall, another windows profile etc.

A:Cannot connect to Network drive. (Enter network password)

Quote: Originally Posted by rashidkeezhal

My network contains:
10 PCs and laptops running (Windows7 & Windows8).
2 network printers
1 Network Drive (WD Mybook Live Duo)
Workgroup environment

Here everything is fine. But one of the windows 8 laptop cannot access network folder. It prompt username and password. whenever I am trying the username and password it says login failure. But the same username and password works for all other machines. I tried disable firewall, another windows profile etc.

From what I have read the WD Mybook has problems with certain Windows 8 machines.

There is a long thread about this at the WD forums, maybe you should read through it and see if the latest firmware has fixed this bug.

MyBook Live And Windows 8 - WD Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301752-cannot-connect-network-drive-enter-network-password.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi!

Is there a way to change a PC description running windows 10 remotely ? We have a domain environment with multiple workstations and we would like to change their description without the need of physically accessing the PC. Is there maybe a way using CMD, Powershell or something similar ?

Looking forward for you replays!
Jaka Kebe

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/67986-change-computer-description-remotely.html
Relevancy 57.19%

How can I change the WINS settings on WIN2k workstations remotely? Settcpipparams.exe does not work in 2k and the setnet.exe must have all information for the network in an answer file, not all of our users have the same network settings. Our LAN folks in their infinite wisdom changed the WINS servers without notifying anyone, now we are in crisis mode to fix all users.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-wins-setting-remotely.50409/
Relevancy 57.19%

I live 600 miles aware from my Dad and use TeamViewer to connect and fix issues for him. I want to change his boot sequence to boot from USB stick. Is there a solution?

A:Can I change someone's boot sequence remotely?

What manufacturer is the system you are attempting to change? You unfortunately can't TV into his BIOS so it will have to be changed on site so the best option is to make it clear ans simple how to do this from BIOS

May i ask why you need to boot from USB?

Regards,

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/333149-can-i-change-someones-boot-sequence-remotely.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I put this in networking I guess it can go here or WIndows XP.

Is there any way to remotely change a PC's resopution and mhz setting? I have a ton of users who want to fiddle with their display settings my boss won't let me put down a GPO to block access, and remote desktop does not change the settings for the remote PC's display.

I know safe mode... but I wanted something a little easier. Is this possibly hidden in a reg key somewhere?

A:Remotely change video resolution and mhz?

Only thing i could think of is a cmd line, for use in a batch file, for scheduled tasks, or login scripts. Sadly, this isn't possible, but there are programs that add this functionality, such as;

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/qres.html

Google "command line for changing screen resolution" for alternatives.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remotely-change-video-resolution-and-mhz.463133/
Relevancy 56.76%

I'll try to explain this as best I can Network is a mix of XP Vista W and W desktops and laptops All connect to router which has a Buffalo Link Station NAS attached and all machines router change wi Network over network fi following Drive save direct to that All worked fine until BT decided the router was faulty and Network Drive over wi fi network following router change installed a new BT Business Hub Wired connections now work but wi fi laptops have a Network Drive over wi fi network following router change problem On W laptop NAS can be connected to and accessed fine when clicking established desktop shortcut which opens Windows Explorer NAS is not visible when accessed via Windows Explorer NAS can be seen in Router and can be pinged from CMD prompt NAS is not visible when you try to save from Word or any other application NAS cannot be found if you try to Map a Network Drive Running out of ideas on this one so any thoughts would be very welcome Once sorted this out can move on to W laptops exhibiting same issue Thanks

A:Network Drive over wi fi network following router change

I am not going to try reading through all of that. What is the problem. Can the computers connect to the NAS or not? Can they see each other's shares or not?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60678-network-drive-over-wi-fi-network-following-router-change.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey all, I'm trying to change a bunch of snmp parameters remotely and not having any luck. I can go into Computer Management, right-click and connect to the remote computer and open up the service but when I try to change something I get the following error:

Code:
Failed to read a Registry key. This may be due to lack of resources. Try closing other Windows applications to fix the problem.
Even when both computers don't have anything running I can't get in. I've tried logging into my computer as the Domain Administrator but I still get the same error. I can access my 2k12 servers and a few remaining XP machines but none of my Windows 7 computers. Any ideas? Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thanks,

Joe B

A:Unable to change Service parameters remotely

I'll even take any guesses for something that might help. It's just snmp for now but who knows what else may pop up down the road.

Thanks,

Joe B

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/332354-unable-change-service-parameters-remotely.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi - thanks for any help I am using vista small business on my work computer When i try to use logmein free logging password accept remotely won't in vista when a remote access software everything works fine until i am asked by my work computer to log in by selecting my user name and giving my password i provide my usual user name and password and the computer tells me it is incorrect I am DEFINITELY using the correct password its not number lock or caps etc i have verified with logmein tech support that i should be using my regular vista won't accept password when logging in remotely user name and password i also had the same problem when trying to change the password on this user acct from the computer i e not remotely logging in but sitting in front of it when i am prompted to provide the current password it tells me its incorrect - but it is definitely the same password i use to log in normally any suggestions this is stopping me from using the remote software thanks Jeff nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-wont-accept-password-when-logging-in-remotely.684561/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello, we've quite a few Thin Clients and they are doing a good job. But i need to change some BIOS settings. Is there a way I can remotely change BIOS settings on the T520's? Or do I have to visit each machine  and manualy change them? Thanks for your help!  Kind regardsturnitoffandon

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Possible-to-remotely-change-BIOS-settings-on-T520/td-p/5832775
Relevancy 55.47%

Here is the deal I have a server at a small business running XP Pro sp Whenever a workstation logs into the business system that is hosted on the after account Remotely 3 a password unlock users fails server the program prompts for a username amp password This username amp password are the Remotely unlock a users account after 3 password fails same as one of the user accounts on the server so if someone mis-types the password one too many times the server Remotely unlock a users account after 3 password fails locks the account for multiple password fails Is there a way I can either unlock the account remotely Logging in with an admin account on the server bogs it down enormously as it actually serves different programs and tends to run at about cpu usage with nothing else really going on or set a policy that makes it to where the account will never lock for excess password attempts I apologize if this has been addressed somewhere before but I was a little daunted by the thought of digging through over a thousand pages of threads to find out TIA Dannan

A:Remotely unlock a users account after 3 password fails

First why are you using xp pro as a server? and To answer your question.. the easiest way I can think of is to setup a separate box on the network for the specific purpose of remoting in. Once on the network you can use the Computer Management console to remote connect to the machine in question and unlock the user. That way you never have to actually login to the "server" but you will need to do it from an admin account local to both computers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/remotely-unlock-a-users-account-after-3-password-fails-509332.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I hope this is the right place for this question...

I'm a newb at this server stuff. I have successfully built my server and it is operational! I've created five folders for my siblings, which will be shared in the living room computer. Each folder will have its own drive letter (i.e. network drive). I have another computer in the living room which will be sharing these five folders on my network. This computer in the living room will just have an administrator logged on at all time, having a username + password for each person is too troublesome. Is there a way I can create passwords for each of the network drives that I will be assigning to each individual person on my server or on the living room computer? I am using windows xp professional on all computers, I can see my network drives working on the living room computer.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 54.18%

i want to kow if anyone can monitor my activities on yahoo messenger without knowing my password
and the person is on some remote computer.

HELP

A:write monitoring activities on yahoo messenger remotely without knowing password

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/write-monitoring-activities-on-yahoo-messenger-remotely-without-knowing-password.819420/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi All of the user accounts on password error name but user atlogin incorrect remotely fine or screen my windows pc are locked out I havent changed any passwords The last thing i remember doing was browsing computers on our home networks and having to enter a username and password to access my wifes pc Now whenever i try to log in to my pc i get the error quot user name or password user name or password incorrect error atlogin screen but fine remotely is incorrect quot I know the user name and password are fine as if I access my pc from my wifes PC user name or password incorrect error atlogin screen but fine remotely i can get user name or password incorrect error atlogin screen but fine remotely access with the same user name and password which is being rejected when i log into the PC itself - also if i deliberately enter an incorrect password while connecting from the remote PC it correctly rejects this Im guessing something went wrong when I entered the user name pass to access my wifes pc These are the same as another user pass on my pc or I have a virus Ive tried booting into safe mode the first time i did this it let me in I changed the password and thought the problem was solved did not make a password reset disk - However i later tried logging in with one of the other accounts - and got the error again Now im completely locked out Even when I boot into safe mode I cant get past the login screen and just get the quot user name or password incorrect quot error has anybody seen this problem before

A:user name or password incorrect error atlogin screen but fine remotely

You can try going to Start, and type run and press enter. Then type "control userpasswords2" without quotes. Check and then uncheck the box "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.". Then select the user you want to automatically log in and either type the correct password, or leave it blank if it has none. The incorrect password may be entered in there. It's worth a try, anyway.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/127568-user-name-password-incorrect-error-atlogin-screen-but-fine-remotely.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have followed all of the suggestions on this problem in several other posts but I am wondering where mine is different I have no problems accessing other computers through My Network Places on password Places Network one drive or Workgroup for the most part The situation is this my home computer has - hard drives IDE SATA - IDE - gt C drive when booting into XP Pro is accesible on other computers - SATA - gt F Drive when booting into XP Pro contains all Network Places password on one drive program files and documents just as it would on the C Network Places password on one drive drive but I install everything onto this drive and place all documents here in case of a crash or need to redo the C drive and is NOT accesible by other computers and requests that a password be entered and the user name is grayed out containing quot KOOLANCE Guest quot KOOLANCE is the home computer s name - SATA - gt G Drive when booting into XP C Drive when booting into Vista Ultimate contains all Vista installation files and program files - All CD DVD drives are accessible as well Why on earth will it not access the F drive It asks for a password that has never been set heard that anywhere before and I have tried all passwords possible and every other solution mention throughout this forum I don t understand why this drive is acting so different nbsp

A:Network Places password on one drive

Obviously, this is the machine with XP-Pro, right? The permissions on that drive must be different than the other drives. Try this first.

Create a file in notepad named FIXANON.REG with the following contents:

------------------- Use text after this line -------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa]
"restrictanonymous"=dword:00000000
------------------- Use text before this line -----------------

Double click on the file and say Yes to the merge into registry question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-places-password-on-one-drive.587376/
Relevancy 53.75%

I use a password-protected network drive XP my old network drive password won't forget to save files on my college s network Last year I was able to connect to it just fine using my network username and password both of which XP stored for XP won't forget my old network drive password me so that I wouldn t be prompted for them each time I tried to access the drive My problems started a few months ago when I changed my network password Ever since then every time I try to access this network drive it tells me that I have entered in an incorrect password and must type it in again Figuring that XP was still trying to use my old password I disconnected the network drive restarted my computer and then reconnected the drive again using my newer password No luck XP is still telling me that I m using an incorrect password and prompts me to reenter it I reenter the correct password and it always works fine after I do that but I would like to get it XP won't forget my old network drive password so that it will not prompt me this way every time I try to access the drive This doesn t seem to have happened on any of the other students computers and I m wondering why mine is having so many problems with this password change Any ideas nbsp

A:XP won't forget my old network drive password

I'm no computer expect, but I was just wondering.. Could it be the cookies problem ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-wont-forget-my-old-network-drive-password.542209/
Relevancy 53.75%

I took my old computer and turned its hard drive into a network drive. Then I mapped it on all the computers on the wireless network. The wireless network is protected but I want to put a password on the network drive. How do I put the password on the drive?

Thank you for your help!

A:Network Hard Drive Password

You can't put a password on a drive except at the bios level and that is not what you are asking for.

You are asking that when some goes to access the drive they have to put in a password.

Only way I know you can do that is to have the user accounts on this drives computer have the same name for each user account but you have to put in a different user password then the one they use to logon their pc.

example: userA logs in locally using "happy" as their passwork. userA on the remote hard drive pc has password "sad". Same name, different password.

Then they will recieve a password challenge but once they enter it they have all access until the next time they logon and connect.

Otherwise you have to purchase 3rd party password folders/shares program. Google it for more info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-hard-drive-password.701292/
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently mapped my media player's internal hd to my Win 7 system. I'd like to change the drive letter I assigned to something else but I can't find how to do it. Can I do that? Thanks.

A:Solved: Change Network Drive Letter?

Delete the current mapping and then map it again using the desired drive letter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-change-network-drive-letter.1007637/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,
When I try to access my shared network drive via Windows Explorer it takes an inordinate long time and sometimes fails.
I have a desktop shortcut to access it that is satisfactorily prompt. The difference between the two is that the Explorer addressing is an IP address (\\192.168.1.4\Public) where the desktop shortcut address is UNC addressing (\\ExternalDrive). I tried to change the Explorer addressing to use the UNC form and I was not allowed to edit it.
Is there a way to do this?
Thanks
Frank C__

A:Change Network Drive mapping to UNC addressing

I use a UNC path at work on my browser.
\\Shared1_svr\Shared1\WGroups\Network\Orders.xls

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/250695-change-network-drive-mapping-unc-addressing.html
Relevancy 53.75%

HI,
Can someone explain to me how you go about syncronising the Windows 98 password with a network password, for when dialling in remotely to access corporate Network

A:Syncronising windows Password with Network Password?

Are you referring to your win98 windows logon pass, like at system startup?
-Z

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/syncronising-windows-password-with-network-password.146813/
Relevancy 53.32%

Have Win 10 PC and Win 7 PC on same network. Want to manage Win 7 from Win 10. Have set everything up according to directions, including opening up the firewall. Get "no can do" message: the pc is either off, not on the network, or ... But not true; its on, its on the network, everything is shared. Any ideas for digging a little deeper appreciated.

A:How to remotely control one pc from another on same network.

Look at these:https://www.google.com/search?q=rem...You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/how-to-remotely-control-one-pc-from-another-on-same-network/18990.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I work remotely at home from a company-owned Mac which hooks into the company's Mac network. But the physical Internet connection (DSL) is actually through my own Windows XP computer. The Mac is being repaired (or actually, juiced up) at the moment, and I'm just curious for my own info, how to access the Mac network directly from this XP computer. The server has an address beginning with the letters afp. I just don't want to try messing around with it without some expert advice, for fear I'll mess up one of the existing connections I have with my own Internet and so on. Nothing crucial, nothing requiring an immediate answer, just curious.

Thanks!

A:Connecting Remotely To A Mac Network

If I understand you correctly, you want to share files between the 2? Do you use a router?file sharing XP and MacMark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/109896/connecting-remotely-to-a-mac-network/
Relevancy 53.32%

how can i manage vlc on one network to another
it is http interface something

A:remotely use vlc on local network

Which is it, local network or one network to another and if the latter, is it via the Internet or still local?

Remote on a local network is a snap. After assigning a static local I.P. to all server machines if you haven't already (not needed if you use machine name instead), share the folders you want to serve and just open them across the network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remotely-use-vlc-on-local-network.645538/
Relevancy 53.32%

My primary HDD was failing so I backed it up and replaced it with a larger 1TB drive.  After reinstalling everything the new drive is displaying the same size as my old drive and the extra space available is unallocated.  I can allocate it as
a separate drive but I find that annoying and would prefer to just have my primary C: drive show up with all of the available space.  I formatted the extra space and made it available separately as drive G hoping that I could EXPAND drive C but that option
is not highlighted as selectable on drive C for some reason.  Should I just live with this extra space or is there a way to easily combine C and the new G space?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5d2dcad7-8be2-43d0-ab11-051f2d407984/replace-with-larger-primary-hard-drive-in-laptop-now-showing-old-drive-size-windows-7-650gb-to?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a brandnew days up HP Pavilion running Windows Professional I also have a home network with a LaCie d Network TB drive which we use for backup We got this drive just recently in exchange for a dead LaCie BigDisk and it works a little differently The original drive required a userid and password to access a share this drive defaults to quot public read write quot on new shares so that Password to required drive attach network s how I set them up I used the shares with the backup of my old computer to move my data to the new computer worked like a champ Today my husband who also got a new Win computer asked me to create new shares on the LaCie drive so he could back up the new computer while keeping the old backup He also complained about the public Read Write so I created the new shares with that unchecked I haven t been able to connect to anything on the LaCie drive since then even though I reenabled quot public Password required to attach network drive read Password required to attach network drive write quot on all shares I can t connect to the shares I used yesterday to transfer my files Password required to attach network drive I can t even bring the drive up in the Network window although I can see it Any click on it brings up a Windows security window asking me for a userid and password on the quot MyComputer quot domain We don t HAVE a domain we use a workgroup It seems to be expecting a login to a userid on my desktop My login on the LaCie drive is different from my Win user account and uses a different password the Windows security window doesn t recognize it Has anybody ever seen anything like this I have the feeling that something has gotten cached somehow but I don t know how to clear it I am not a Windows security expert Rebooting and even shutting down doesn t help I ve opened a ticket with LaCie but I don t know how much experience with Win they have also I won t hear from them until Monday I may not hear from anyone hear before Monday either I recognize

A:Password required to attach network drive

Hi,
So just to make this clear, is this drive a NAS storage device, or is it an external drive. I can see the special configuration needed in order to connect a NAS device, but an external shouldn't have any configuration needed. in fact, you should be able to simply share the folders through the windows 7 operating system itself. Hope this helps. And another thing, try using a home group.

Regards,
Chromebuster

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279936/password-required-to-attach-network-drive/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have set up a Windows 7 machine that shares out a hard drive as a network share along with printers to our network. On another computer I was mapping the network drive and accidentally entered the wrong credentials (wrong user name) and choose the remember credentials setting, and it would not let me map the drive. I tried to go back in and remap the drive again but Windows is remembering the user name/password and I can't map it. I can map the drive from any other computer just fine. Does anyone know how to make Windows forget the credentials so I can map the drive?

A:Entered Wrong password, now can't map network drive

Well to my knowledge.. If you put in the wrong password and remember the credentials... it would just prompt you again. Hm

Have you tried running ccleaner?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/51053-entered-wrong-password-now-cant-map-network-drive.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Mapping a network drive - there was a time when remember my password would appear after mapping a drive, clicking reconnect at login is checked, click connect using a different name, entering userid and password - there used to be a box to check - remember my password - this box is no longer appearing - HOW DO I GET IT BACK? I am setting up for a user and defintely do not want to give them the password so they can reconnect.

WIN XP PROF SP2
Thanks
Joel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapping-network-drive-storing-password.884501/
Relevancy 53.32%

Since recently W7 wants me to change the pw of my homegroup very regularly.
Because I am the sole user of everything I don't want it to change: got the same one for 30 years now and it never harmed me...

How do I let the nag disappear?

Thanks, Barend

A:Windows wants me to change my password

Are you sure that this is not a virus. Better scan a bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/314002-windows-wants-me-change-my-password.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I am running Win SP with all the latest updates in Parallels with all the latest updates on a MacBookPr I attempted to change my Windows Network password yesterday and received the following error message quot An attempt was made to logon but change 7 Cannot password in Windows the network logon service was not started quot lt See screenshot below gt So I went to computer management to start the NetLogon Service and received the following message quot Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot So I checked what service this was dependent on and it is Workstation Tried to start Workstation and got the same error Checked and there Cannot change password in Windows 7 are service dependencies Browser Support Driver Network Cannot change password in Windows 7 Store Interface Service SMB x MiniRedirector SMB MiniRedirector Network Store Interface Service is running The other Cannot change password in Windows 7 three are not in the services panel I confirmed that the Browser Support Driver exists But there is no service to start as it is a driver I believe I have rebooted multiple times ran virus scans I googled this problem for hours Also I do not have a Windows Restore point Totally flummoxed a to what the issue is My guess is somehow one these files got corrupted Any help would be greatly appreciated Bryan

A:Cannot change password in Windows 7

Did you attempt to manually start the net logon service?

SMB services are a little tricky, this might be of some help
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2696547

Good luck and keep us posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381618-cannot-change-password-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

How do I change my log-on password?

A:Windows 8.1 password change

Hello Huey,

It depends if you sign in to Windows 8.1 with a local account or Microsoft account.

Local Account Password - Change or Remove in Windows 8

Microsoft Account Password - Change or Reset in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/60497-windows-8-1-password-change.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey all, Have an odd problem/issue and was looking for help. I am using a W7, 64bit machine with an attached network drive I use for streaming my media. The manufacturer is Seagate (2TB) STAM2000. So, I have two folders in this drive:

TV Shows

Movies

combined there is just 500gb. So, the Seagate NAS tells me the drive is full. I right click on the drive and chose properties. I then chose Quota Settings. Here it says: To change these settings click Quota settings. I do this anf nothing happens. It looks as if this option is to prevent one user from filling the drive. I also connected a WD NAS and the same option appears. So, is this a W7 thing? I posted over at the Seagate forum as well. I own both the NAS and W7 PC. How can I change this quota settings? Hopefully this all makes sense.

Thank you

A:Can't change quota settings on attached Network Drive......

On the assumption the NAS appears as a drive letter, what size and usage is it showing when you go into manage computer, i.e. start, right click on my computer, manage, disk management..... ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/213816-cant-change-quota-settings-attached-network-drive.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all I m not really a tech guy but I m tasked with figuring this stuff out for my office and I need a little help Our office has several computers which are networked to one computer in the back that stores all of the files scanned into the xerox machine Each employee has a folder with their name on it in that computer where all of the files they scan are stored I map everyone s X drive to their scan folder in that computer so the path looks like this quot xx xxx xxx xxx scan nameofemployee quot I mapped the X drive of for Solved: to drive mapped Need change destination network one of my employees who Solved: Need to change destination for mapped network drive s OS is Vista to Solved: Need to change destination for mapped network drive another employees folder by accident Now I cannot change the X drive destination to the correct folder I have right clicked on the drive and deleted it but when I go in to re-map it I get a message saying that quot the mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured the specified resource or device is no longer available quot I then tried to remap it to the original WRONG folder i had mapped it to and it worked just fine I need to somehow unmap this X drive so it is no longer associated with the original wrong pathway I tied it to so that I can remap it to the right one Any suggestions THANK YOU nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Situation: 5 PCs networked behind a router firewall all running XP SP2, 4 in one building and 1 in a different building.

The one in its own is started 1-2 times a week for backup purposes.

Is there any way I can rig it to start up remotely from a complete power-off status? I gather Intel vPro Hardware is now released which has this capability. Is there any other way?

Cheers, theantoff

A:Can I power up a computer remotely over a network?

you might find this interesting http://www.remotewakeup.com/en/index.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-power-up-a-computer-remotely-over-a-network.545402/
Relevancy 52.89%

Good afternoon everyone Situation Have Win k pc s in our department - these include Student PC Labs and then faculty PC s Everyone will be printing to different printers I am going to set up a print server and want to be able to configure all PC s remotely with the correct network printers This way I can set up the labs to print to the network printers located in the respective labs and faculty will print to a printer in our main office I also do not want to include anything in the logon scripts as we do not use them here Ideally I want each PC set up with the correct network printer no matter who logs on as the lab PC s have numerous different students logging on to them daily I came across the following command line utility rundll printui dll PrintUIEntry With the proper switches I have been able to set up a network printer while logged onto that PC but can not figure out a way to run this command and have it map the network printer on a remote PC Any help is GREATLY appreciated Pete nbsp

A:Setting up network printers on PC's remotely

If you have a print server, go into "add printers" then click on the print server, then click on the printer you want to install for that particular machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-network-printers-on-pcs-remotely.102921/
Relevancy 52.89%

I know this is stretching but I want to remove IPX/SPX on all possible workstations on our network that I can... FROM MY DESK! We have a ton of different sites and I can't go and vist... some I can possibly get by remote desktop... but I want something quick and painless.

A:Remotely removing IPX/SPX on all network conputers.

Pushing VNC http://www.vncscan.com/vnc/Push_VNC_Without_Icons.htm ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remotely-removing-ipx-spx-on-all-network-conputers.417642/
Relevancy 52.89%

in my office 50 pc's running on local area network me & my friend working on there it department i want our 2 pc's drive password protected how can i do it (drive protect not folder)

A:drive password protected on local area network

Hello ,

have you tried to put a password on the whole account & making it private so only you will have access to your files & if they are really private then you can zip file them & put a password on the zip file

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/drive-password-protected-on-local-area-network-313020.html
Relevancy 52.89%

How do you make Vista Home remember a network drive password?
What I know is, ether you match the 2 computers the same user name and password or a startup batch file

Do you know of any better tricks or registry tweaks?

A:Vista home to remember network Drive password

Unfortunately, I don't know anything better. Becuase it doesn't retain the passwords by design, there isnt anything real easy for you to do.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-home-to-remember-network-drive-password-489711.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Good Day

ladies and gentlemen

I have been Happy with windows 10

But I would Like to change my window Logon password

through the user account it wont let me

Any Advice
Thank you

A:Cant change windows Logon password

Hello Ngavmot, and welcome to Ten Forums.

If this is for a Microsoft account, then you could use Option 6 or 7 in the tutorial below to change your password.

Password of User Account - Change in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/56738-cant-change-windows-logon-password.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I gave a user a computer that another person had been using because hers died. I added her profile and reset her password etc and gave it to her. She soon noticed that she couldn't change her password, getting an error that it doesn't meet the history, length or complexity requirements of the domain. I tested this, and even when matching these requirements and using new passwords, it wasn't taking. I also noticed at the change password screen, there was an option for "other credentials" which I hid using this article:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...tpronetworking

I also deleted other unused profiles on the machine, removed and rejoined the computer to the domain.
Windows 7 professional / server 2008 environment. Has anyone ran into this or have any advice?

A:New computer, Cannot change windows password

Is this a work pc ? Owned by an employer ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/361797-new-computer-cannot-change-windows-password.html
Relevancy 52.46%

The side menu of windows 8.1 is not coming when I place my pointer at the edge of the screen.Without which its impossible for me to change my access password.Please help me

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/439977-i-cant-change-password-my-windows-8-1-laptop-what-should-i-do.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a guest account that is a child (because lots of guests are kids and they need to be kids to monitor) and I don't know their password. I have tried lots of different websites and nothing works! Please help! It would be greatly appreciated!

A:How can I change a child's password on Windows 10?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I have a guest account that is a child (because lots of guests are kids and they need to be kids to monitor) and I don't know their password. I have tried lots of different websites and nothing works! Please help! It would be greatly appreciated! If you are the Admin, you can remove account and create a new one. But surely better for you deleting it and creating a real parent controlled child account via Settings -> Account -> Add a family member, so you can take control on passwords and sites if necesary.
A standard Guest account is the usual old Guest account, only limitation is he can't touch the system

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440640-how-can-i-change-childs-password-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

So around 3:30 am i was browsing the internet like normal when i had to go to bathroom about 15 minutes later i came back and i notice that i cant login because usually i have a 4 digit password and now i can type more than 4 digit i tried everything i could imagine even my hotmail email password. I need help i know it sound weird but it's true. Also i can't connect to my network anymore from my laptop lock screen as u can see on the bottom right corner.http://m.imgur.com/E2oRCO7

A:Windows 10 automatically change password

Hi @Hemanlam, welcome to tenforums!

Maybe try logging into your MS account online to reset your credentials.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/42841-windows-10-automatically-change-password.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have often encountered the advice to use strong passwords. I want to change the system password on my PC but I don't know the procedure for changing it. My PC is a Gateway E2500 and the operating system is Windows XP, Service Pack 3.

I've checked the manual, where the phrase "system password" does not appear. It doesn't appear in Microsoft Help or its Glossary, either.

I know what my present password is, so this isn't a forgotten password problem. I am not talking about a user password for a user account, but the system password for the whole operating system.

A:How do you change the system password in Windows XP?

the user (admin) account is the full operating system unless you are talking about the bio password. That is the one where when you turn on the computer it immediately asks for the password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-you-change-the-system-password-in-windows-xp-561127.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I thought I was signing up for a microsoft account and did not realize i was actually chaning my windows startup screen now I am stuck at the start up screen and was so unnerved, i forgot what the password was. The start up screen just sits there with the 4 window panes and every time I enter a possible password it does nothing. What can I do to get past this screen so I can get into the system without doing a full recovery?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/can-t-open-windows-10-because-of-password-change/td-p/5735918
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi
Im using windows mail , and I need to change my password. How can I do that? I also check my emails on att page page by yahoo I tried to change it there and I couldn't.
Thanks

A:Change my password on windows mail

Welcome
Hope this helps
How to Change a Windows Mail Password | eHow.com

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/290578-change-my-password-windows-mail.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I'm using Win Ultimate with service windows a the on I password complexity how do change 7? pack and in the process of installing World Ship we encounter error Upon calling UPS for tech assistance they are telling me that the error is cause by the Password Complexity settings in Win So I searched online how do I change the password complexity on a windows 7? and found in Microsoft that by searching for secpol msc I can change the settings on my computer However I can't I can see the menu enter the properties see the options but they are grayed out I repeated the process and made sure I access this as an how do I change the password complexity on a windows 7? admin to no avail I also tried this on my Win professional computer same problem So I figure since they are on my network I need to change the settings on my server So I access the settings only to see they where quot Not Defined quot regardless I changed the Password Complexity to Disable and ran the cmd command gpupdate Nothing Can you tell me what I've done wrong Did I miss something or is there a better way to do this

A:how do I change the password complexity on a windows 7?

Hello Contfe,

I can't help you with the greyed out options, but regarding your initial problem, you might want to look at this tutorial
Good luck and keep us posted,
Nommy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/298540-how-do-i-change-password-complexity-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a 2 character password in windows 10
and I changed it before from another 2 character password but this time it will not let me change the password

I can log in with the password but when I go change it says incorrect password in user settings

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/cannot-change-password-windows-10-anymore-278518/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello fellow Windows 7ers,

I have just had this problem recently that has been very frustrating.

Preface this with: I had this OLD password that I had set. During this time I had that password I did use windows' system image utility to backup my old 500GB drive to restore it on a 1TB drive and I did that while I had this password.

Now, when I try to change the password it will not save the change. When I change it, I can logout and it will accept the NEW password, but once I reboot or shut down and it comes back up, it only accepts the OLD password.

Any ideas? Thanks

A:Windows won't save password change

It sounds like windows is corrupt you may want to try reinstalling it to fix the problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/179478-windows-wont-save-password-change.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Fool that I am, I have been the victim of a Windows Support Scam.

It is on a Toshiba laptop, running Windows 8.1.

Following my session, I was able to change my Administrative account password. But I am unable to change my operating account (unprivileged) password. Each time I attempt to change it, it does not migrate to the "change password" dialog box (it just looks like it is trying to do that) then displays the message that the password may not have changed.

Any help will be appreciated.

TSG log:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16305 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, -2016 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 943516 MB, Free - 719571 MB;
Motherboard: Type2 - Board Vendor Name1, Type2 - Board Product Name1
Antivirus: Norton Security Suite, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 52.46%

This is NOT about hacking or overriding passwords

I have windows XP home edition.

A couple of days ago I changed my windows password and the system accepted the change but when I restarted the computer it kept saying pw was not valid even though I was sure it was the correct one.
I went through a few manoeuvres to get by that problem, removed the password and reset it. Again, the computer kept saying the pw was not valid. I tried to set several passwords, always with the same result.
My pw included lower and upper caps, numbers and special characters, I believe windows should accept those.

Finally I reset my old password, the one I used to have before trying to make the change, and with that one it's fine, it lets me in. So basically, my computer only lets me set up one particular password!

Anybody knows what the problem is?

Thank you for reading.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello Thanks for all you do for the Network Hacked Mess! Up Remotely-- Cleaning Still all of us here in the forum Anyway my home network more specifically my Arris router has definitely been hacked remotely amp although I Network Hacked Remotely-- Still Cleaning Up the Mess! believe I've stopped that by making sure all ports are closed RDM Netbios etc is disabled please bare w me if I'm not using terminology correctly I am not tech savvy I am still dealing with the aftermath of the damage that's been done redirects javascript virus svchost exe my registry is a mess I'm anxious to have my family's privacy amp security back Thanks FRST Log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by MBMC administrator Network Hacked Remotely-- Still Cleaning Up the Mess! on MBMC-VAIO - - Running from C Users MBMC Downloads Loaded Profiles MBMC Available Profiles MBMC Platform Windows Home Premium Network Hacked Remotely-- Still Cleaning Up the Mess! Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System CISVC EXE Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe Realsil Microelectronics Inc C Program Files x Realtek Realtek PCIE Card Reader RIconMan exe Malwarebytes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Malwarebytes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony PMB PMBDeviceInfoProvider exe Protexis Inc C Program Files x Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel WiMAX Bin AppSrv exe Red Bend Ltd C Program Files Intel WiMAX Bin DMAgent exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgrSub exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgrSub exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dllhost exe Malwarebytes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe Sony Corporation C Program Files Sony VAIO Gate VAIO Gate exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Sony Corporation C Program Files Sony VAIO Smart Network VSNService exe Sony Corporation C Program Files Sony VAIO Smart Network VSNClient exe Conexant Systems Inc C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony PMB PMBVolumeWatcher exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Intel Corporation C Program Files Intel WiMAX Bin WiMAXCU exe InterVideo C Program Files x Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Sony Corporation C Program Files Sony VAIO Care VCPerfService exe Sony of America Corporation C Program Files Sony VAIO Care listener exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe Sony Corporation C Program Files Sony VAIO Upd... Read more

A:Network Hacked Remotely-- Still Cleaning Up the Mess!

Hi & to Bleeping Computer Forums!My name is Jürgen and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems. Before we move on, please read the following points carefully: My native language isn't English. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.Please read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.If you have illegal/cracked software, cracks, keygens, etc. on the system, please remove or uninstall them now!Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 5 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.Step 1Please download TDSSiller and save it to your Desktop.Start tdsskiller.exe with administrator privileges.Accept the EULA and the KSN Statement.Click on Change parameters. (1)Make sure that all available options (except "Loaded modules") are checked and click OK. (2)Click on Start scan.If any threats are found don't delete them but choose the Skip option for all of them.Click on Report (3) to open the log file. (It is also saved at C:\TDSSKiller.<version_date_time>_log.txt).Copy and paste its contents in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/608412/network-hacked-remotely-still-cleaning-up-the-mess/
Relevancy 52.46%

In my previous topic I explained how this hacker was making my life hell Please help me catch him I ve got myself pretty well backed up and he can t hurt me by deleting anything so rather than remove his access I d like to see if we can find out who he is and get evidence enough to get a conviction He has spent months terrorizing my wife and even my children are emotionally damaged because of this guy Thanks on network Remotely home 2 controlling my pc's Hacker Here is my log Hacker Remotely controlling 2 pc's on my home network DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Gaylen at on - - Microsoft Hacker Remotely controlling 2 pc's on my home network Windows Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Hacker Remotely controlling 2 pc's on my home network Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Spybot - Search and Destroy Enabled Outdated BC DF - CCA- D-A -C CA F A B SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A FW ZoneAlarm Free Firewall Firewall Enabled E B E-D B - F - E- B Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files x CheckPoint ZoneAlarm vsmon exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Roxio BackOnTrack App SaibSVC exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Windows system svchost exe -k HsfXAudioService C Windows system IProsetMonitor exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDFSSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k bthaudiosvc C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDUpdSvc exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWSCSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files x BayGenie ProEdition BayGenie exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Users Gaylen AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files x BrightSparks SyncBack SyncBack exe C Program Files x Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x CheckPoint ZoneAlarm zatray exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn Roxio Burn exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn Roxio Burn exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexpl... Read more

A:Hacker Remotely controlling 2 pc's on my home network

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/481261 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/481261/hacker-remotely-controlling-2-pcs-on-my-home-network/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all,

I've got a few computers on my network that will disconnect from the network every now and then. I think the problem was a dodgy wall plate, which I got around by running some cable from another good wall plate. (Can't look into wall plate replacement right now).

So anyway, is there a way I can monitor network connection status of computer A and B on my network from computer C, and perhaps send me an email ?

I need a free solution as I support a non profit community centre, so we cant use any commercial software.

All comments and suggestions are welcome.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-computers-network-connection-remotely.1086728/
Relevancy 52.46%

It stared with one of the computers in my house on our network The computer was running windows xp and at have Computer been network my remotely controlled maliciously on may the time hadn't been updated for a while Might have been part of the problem When the owner of that computer was playing a game he noticed keyboard buttons being pressed The mouse wasn't being moved at all though It was just the WASD keys at first so he thought his keyboard was shorting out Then a lot of other Computer on my network may have been maliciously remotely controlled characters were being pressed as if someone was trying to type words So he selected a chat area and it typed the name of a TV show So he immediately disconnected the Internet and the typing stopped At this point we assumed he was being remotely controlled He had downloaded some rom editing programs and he figured that was what gave someone access He wiped the computer and reinstalled windows and now everything seems fine My question is since the typing stopped when the Internet was disconnected does that mean it was a remote controller issue And if so since it was only his computer being messed with I was on mine at the same time when it happened is it safe to say it was an issue with what he downloaded Instead of someone hacking our network Also even though he reformatted and our computers don't share any files or info between them we are on the same network but it is password protected and not broadcasting should I be worried about my computer I haven't had any problems yet but I am extremely paranoid and afraid to use the Internet

A:Computer on my network may have been maliciously remotely controlled

i say upgrade from XP only going to keep getting worse as time goes on

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550668/computer-on-my-network-may-have-been-maliciously-remotely-controlled/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a network laser printer on my LAN I'd like to access from a remote computer (WAN). The goal here is to print documents on my laser printer at home from a remote location not connected to my LAN.

Any ideas on what is the best way to do this? I have a fair amount of networking experience, but no experience with VPN/WAN networking.

Some extra info:

I have a static DNS so I can pinpoint my computer remotely.

I have a router with 3 computers and the network printer

I have PCAnywhere 11 and Windows XP on the computers involved with this project.

A:Printing remotely to a network printer over Internet

Is it a HP printer? JetDirect is a network protocol like any other so you could get away with forwarding appropriate ports to the printer in your firewall. I think the JetDirect printing port was 9100, but you should read up on that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-remotely-to-a-network-printer-over-internet.8225/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi

I do hope you can help

I'm trying to map a Network drive to 2 computers. When i fnish configuring (Drive and Folder) i get a Username / Password box appear. I enter my username and password (which is the same for both machines) but windows doesn't connect, and prompts me for username and password again

I have an XP machine networked to a Win 2K machine via Linksys Router.
I can ping each machine succesfully
I can see each machine within Network Places/ Workgroup

If anyone can help...then thanks in advance

Ben

A:XP to 2000: Mapped Network drive but can't connect, password/login

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-to-2000-mapped-network-drive-but-cant-connect-password-login.619916/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all.
I would like to know how to map a network drive using a different user name and password within a script file. I would like it written as a .cmd file if possible.

Reason for doing this is because we have a user how needs to connect to a mapped network drive as the administrator but we do not want to disclose the admin password to him.

A:mapping network drive with dif user & password as a script file

Look at the help for net use.

/persistent (Map this drive everytimg they login)
/savecred (save the credentials. ie. username and password)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mapping-network-drive-with-dif-user-password-as-a-script-file.403352/
Relevancy 52.03%

When I mapped a network drive it ask me only once for the user name and password and I accidentally click on Remember password. I would like it to ask me the user name and passord everytime when I mapp a network drive to my Windows XP Pro.

Is that possible?

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I'm having a particularly weird problem with User passwords in a domain environment I've recently changed the Domain password policy Windows Expires at change cannot logon Password and applied it Windows Password Expires cannot change at logon correctly while taking away the quot account policies password policy quot settings from the default domain policy either way this problem already existed before changing the policies During the change of Password policy we activated for everyone quot password never expires quot and are reactivating this checkbox OU by OU The problem User passwords are older than the max allowed time therefore users have to change passwords at logon screen Most users get the normal message quot Your password has expired please change it quot and when they click ok they are prompted to change it However on certain workstations the user only sees the quot ok quot button from picture one and when he clicks it it takes him back to the logon screen to connect with a user not to picture screen When this happens the only way to log into this account again is to go into AD and reset the password for the User If the Same user were to reset his password through ctrl alt delete he would have no problem changing the password Also if the same user tries changing it on another PC he gets the picture screen therefore i'm thinking there is a computer setting somewhere not allowing him to change on certain workstations

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/df3adc6b-ea08-4cdc-96be-5dbd215c5b97/windows-password-expires-cannot-change-at-logon?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, I am having trouble with changing my password on my windows 8 laptop it keeps saying Server Unavailable Right Now Try Again Later it doesn't matter how many days I wait it still keeps saying the same thing.

Thank you.

A:Windows 8 Password Change Server Unavailable Right Now

First of all, SHRINK DOWN your fonts! They don't need to be huge!

Second, my guess is that you are logging in through your MS account -- and since I avoid that option like the plague, I can't help.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/59903-windows-8-password-change-server-unavailable-right-now.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Please help

I am trying to change the password on my
computer - but get a message that says "the password you typed does
not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum length,
password complexity and password history requirements"

I have searched and found where these settings are managed in Windows
XP - it is under Control Panel > Administrative tools > Local security
policy > Security settings > Account Policies > Password Policy

The Password Policies are all set to the minimum (zeros and disabled)
- but still I get the error when I try and change the password. I have
even tried setting the password to something that will meet the
complexity, length and history requirements and still I get the error

Regards

Relevancy 52.03%

I have setup internet connection in small institute with operating system xp and limited account for internet browsing. Any students can use internet through this computer at any time by logging through limited. Now the trouble is that some notorious students start putting password to limited student account making pc inaccessible to other students. Each time administrator have to remove this password. How can student can be denied to put any password to it's own (Limited Student's) account?

It is not possible to keep watch on students. So, is there any way to prevent this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/preventing-guest-to-change-password-in-windows-xp-175176.html
Relevancy 52.03%

we have 1 windows 2000 server not domain(workgrup) and 15 xp wokstations people can share folder and work smoothly but I want to know how can user change their password from their XP work station to windows 2000 work group server.

Thanks
Bs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-workgroup-password-change.478916/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi. I've changed my password for my pc but now it won't login automatically. When I boot my pc it tries to login and fails telling me the password is wrong. I then have to type in the password and it logs me in. I seems like it has changed my password for the pc but not for the auto login. I checked my settings and it still says that users do not need a password to login.

Any ideas?

A:Windows won't login automatically after password change

Originally Posted by McLovin

Hi. I've changed my password for my pc but now it won't login automatically. When I boot my pc it tries to login and fails telling me the password is wrong. I then have to type in the password and it logs me in. I seems like it has changed my password for the pc but not for the auto login. I checked my settings and it still says that users do not need a password to login.

Any ideas?

maybe you still have to change password there. recheck> apply> uncheck> apply> give new password

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/62471-windows-wont-login-automatically-after-password-change.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have just installed a new PC running Windows 7 Professional for an existing user on our Windows 2003 domain. When she tries to change her domain password, she gets an "access denied" error message. I am able to change her password on the server, and the new
password works fine. I have added her to the local administrator group. But no success. As a test, I added a 2nd user from the same domain to the users on the PC. The 2nd user is able to login and successfully change her password. Not sure where
to go from here except to create a new account on the Domain for the 1st user. Any help would be appreciated.
This is a single forest, Windows 2003 domain, with no other trusts.
This is the 1st Wiondows 7 PC added to the domain. All other workstations are Windows XP.

A:User cannot change their Domain password on new Windows 7 PC

Check her account in AD, is it set to require logon to change password in the "Users must log on in order to change password" check box in the Account Policy ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/88629ff4-2fcf-42ed-8052-bfc3843d9fed/user-cannot-change-their-domain-password-on-new-windows-7-pc?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey all I recently changed the SSID 7 wifi change password to in windows Unable and wep key digit - passphrase generated on my router Linksys WAG v Unable to change wifi password in windows 7 Firmware All computers on the network have been updated successfully and are accessing the internet except one It's a new Viao laptop running Windows Ultimate -bit It's been working fine able to access the internet on this router until I changed the SSID and password Now whenever I try to connect it only gives limited access The password has been triple checked Router has been reset multiple times I've disabled re-enabled repaired and even uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless card All settings on the laptop have been cross-checked with other computers on the network and it all matches exactly The laptop isn't receiving any packets from the router and the router hasn't assigned an IP address or SSID to the laptop indicating an authentication issue This is supported by network diagnostics asking me to check the wep key which I've obviously done many times On the router side all other computers are having no problems there are no restriction policies set up I've released all clients and re-checked lease times and maximum allowable connections Everything is working for the other computers I'm thinking this is a registry bug as my girlfriend may have entered the Wep key incorrectly the first time but I'm fresh out of ideas and haven't found any similar problem on the forums Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Unable to change wifi password in windows 7

Can't you just log into the router and reset the settings?

If you don't have the password, you can perform a "hard" reset using the reset button on the back of the router, normally you need to hold this button down for up to 30 seconds.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/77015-unable-change-wifi-password-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

Anyone have a best practice for user who wants to change there password on there Windows machine (on a domain) and phone at the same time without locking there account?. Most of the time the user change his password on Windows then by the time it change it on his phone his account is lock due to the fact that the phone is trying to login with old password.

A:Best practice to change password on Windows and phone

Log out on one machine before you change your password on the other.
Log back in with new password.

This post made my brain hurt quite a lot! its like chicken Vs egg ..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-practice-to-change-password-on-windows-and-phone.189331/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Team,

There is a requirement in our environment related to windows 7. Is that possible to modify the pop up description showing in the windows 7 password change reminder pop up.

I want to add some more information to that pop up ( showing in the right bottom corner in the task bar).

Sanjib

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d3e6c7a-7af0-4421-9dd4-c1fc1f95c913/modifying-the-description-of-windows-7-password-change-pop-up?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Panasonic FZ1000 camera that is wi-fi capable. However, I'm having the worst time getting the PC and camera to pair, as have many others. One suggested workaround was to disable "Password protected sharing" in the control panel's Advanced Sharing Settings. However, windows won't let me do this because (to the best of my knowledge) I would first have to remove the password from my Guest user account. I have tried numerous times to do this, but unsuccessfully. Here's what's happening: I enter the Guest account using its proper pw. In the control panel, I get to the "remove your password" screen. Here there is a field asking for my current pw. I enter the pw used to gain access to the Guest account and get the message that "Windows cannot change the password." BTW, "Password protected sharing" can't be disabled in the Guest account, either. Help please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382540-windows-wont-allow-password-change-2nd-user-account.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have 2 network printers connected to my router, I'd like to be able to print to them remotely when I am away from home without having to keep a computer on 24/7 at home. I think this should be possible by configuring the ports on the router but I'm not sure exactly where to begin. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-a-way-to-print-remotely-away-from-home-to-my-network-printer-attached-to-r.1059950/
Relevancy 51.6%

Many of you may have used or heard about this trick By replacing Setch exe The Sticky Keys Executable in C Windows System with a renamed CMD exe Command Executable all one has to do to Change in Trick. Windows Miss Hit Setch.exe and 8/8.1 Password run an Elevated Command Prompt is hit the shift key a few times at the Windows Login Page From there it's a simple case of running Net User User Name Password to change a User's password Now there are ways to stop this from working The simplest is to set the system to disable Sticky Keys so that hitting shift does nothing thus blocking the load of the Setch exe The second and in the past not really practical or possible for most users is to setup the computer in a Domain so that a Domain Server handles the User Accounts and Passwords Given that very few people actually care about Sticky Keys and that only Pro Ultimate and Server level Windows distributions have really ever had Domain Access Capabilities it's been easy sailing as the Setch Setch.exe Trick. Password Change in Windows 8/8.1 Hit and Miss exe trick just worked I can report that it still works in Setch.exe Trick. Password Change in Windows 8/8.1 Hit and Miss Windows as ever though still stoppable via the aforementioned limitations but for one new hitch Domain Access is enabled on a low level the moment a Windows system is setup MS Account If the computer has only been configured with Local User Accounts then there is no change what so ever but with an MS account you will be given a Permissions Error if you try and change a password this way The short of this is simple If you're trying to be more secure then there is actually something to be gained from setting up Windows with a MS account The problem for most though is that if you forget your Password then you're more or less boned There is only one way I know of that can get access to a Windows system to at least recover a missing password in this case and that is to use a tool like Ophcrack That tool does work on Windows with MS accounts but just like with older versions of Windows a good long password will take a long time to crack if at all and may need large Multy Gigabyte Rainbow Tables to even have a chance of cracking The end of this is simply that all though one can still use the Setch exe trick to do many things Net User may nolonger be a viable option

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515486/setchexe-trick-password-change-in-windows-881-hit-and-miss/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Everyone,

My son was playing with my PC today and since then, the password box on the Windows 7 login has a black background instead of the traditional white. In addition, the Toshiba Wireless LAN detector also has a black background. I have looked at the Ease of Use settings and nothing seems to be altered. He's only 2 so I have no idea how he was able to do this. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks.

A:How do I change the password box background colour on Windows 7 login?

Hello Jimmy and welcome to Seven Forums.

I think I'd try a System Restore using a date/time prior to when the unwanted changes occurred.

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/348264-how-do-i-change-password-box-background-colour-windows-7-login.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I hardly even need a password for my puter. My online passwords are high security, long and complex. I really do not want to type those in every time I start. I do have a much simpler one that I've been using for the laptop.

I've even selected to start without a password, but it still asks for my Live pw. I've also tried cancelling my Live account, but haven't been able to so far. I would hate to give up my Outlook email account, and might have to if I cancel live.

But something has to give. If I can't get a few of these pains taken care of, I'm slamming it in the can and going back to 7.

A:8 requires Windows Live password to start, change that?

Hello Sine, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The tutorial below can help show you how to set Windows 8 to sign in to your user account automatically at startup.

Log On User Account Automatically at Windows 8 Startup

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/14401-8-requires-windows-live-password-start-change.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I there a way to change the location of the password box on the Windows 7 logon Screen.

I managed to remove the Picture Frame on the login screen using instruction found on this forum months ago, but now, I am an assassin's creed fan, and I have changed the background screen to the Assassin's Creed Logo and would like to move the "password input box" down so that It does not end up n the middle logo.

Thank you.

A:change location windows 7 password box on logon screen

There must be, but it either involves knowing a programmer/hacker that crafted a program for you, or doing some intense studying of Window's inner workings and twiddling knobs here and there, heh.

Could that information you used to change the picture be used to guide you in a somewhat correct direction regarding the window position? Beware things can probably be ruined horribly if you twiddle with knobs of unknown origin . . .

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/218466-change-location-windows-7-password-box-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello.
I have only Windows 7 machines in Server 2012 domain (Server 2008 R2 functional level). Everything is working fine except when a user changes his/her domain password from Windows 7 machine- it takes a long time ~5 minutes or more to successfully change the
password but changing a users domain password from the DC (2012) works instantly.

I hope I posted this in the right forum category.
Thanks in advance.

A:Windows 7 slow domain user password change.

Hi,
Please check if there are some related errors in your Event Viewer. Also, check the error on your DC side.
Tracy Cai
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e477dc23-e1c2-447f-be5a-a5e473c9595d/windows-7-slow-domain-user-password-change?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 51.6%

My keyboard layout is Dvorak.
There is only one user on my computer.
It works fine in Windows 8.  But it does not activate until after I sign in to Windows.
For the login screen, I have to type my password in QWERTY.
Is there any way to have Windows 8 change the keyboard layout to Dvorak before login?

A:How to change keyboard layout for login and password in Windows 8?

Open "region" > then on the "administration" tab > click "copy settings" > then check the box "for home screen & new users".

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c64ee221-db3c-4058-8d1b-673de613535f/how-to-change-keyboard-layout-for-login-and-password-in-windows-8?forum=w8itprogeneral