Windows Support Forum

PC locking up, even after replace RAM and HDD

Q: PC locking up, even after replace RAM and HDD

OK I am now officially trumped Working on a client's PC the issue is it randomly keeps freezing even HDD PC replace after locking and RAM up, locking up Doesn't even have to be doing anything starring at the desktop after start up then try to do anything open up a file or folder launch a PC locking up, even after replace RAM and HDD browser or even PC locking up, even after replace RAM and HDD try to just open the start menu This was a pretty stable machine prior to this been running smoothly Solutions tried Restarted the computer didn't help and seems to make it worse It only seems stable for PC locking up, even after replace RAM and HDD a short time of less than minutes if the computer is turned on after being shut down off for a few hours Otherwise the system has even frozen up on the HP boot screen Other times it wouldn t get past the desktop no password auto-login at this point but no icons loaded on the desktop or the system tray just locks up I tried to wait as long as minutes before manually shutting down Safe mode still freezes up Ran memtest passed all test I replaced hard drive with a spare and installed windows and apps The data on the original hard drive is backed up and I planned on using the original drive as a data drive if the install went well Installed windows and all updates and drivers things were going pretty smoothly so far I figured it must have been a windows or malware problem At this point the original drive wasn't even plugged back in After a few days of letting the pc run smoothly I started to experience the same freezing problems as before There was nothing running on the system even the LAN was disconnected So I replaced the memory only ran it on a single GB DIMMS cycled through the DIMMS then replaced that with a spare GB DIMM Almost forgot here are system specs HP p y Windows Home Premium SP AMD Athlon II X Processor GHz GB DDR GBx GB RPM HDD At this point I have replaced the hard drive and ram and reinstalled windows That only leaves so many things that could be bad I do not get any blue screens or error messages only unresponsiveness Left the computer running after being locked up for a few hours before having to manually shut down I m running MSE for security I have even used compressed air to clean out dust from the case All the fans seem to be running normally What am I missing here At this point I'm not even sure if the hard drive or memory was even defective have't tested in another system yet

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: PC locking up, even after replace RAM and HDD

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: PC locking up, even after replace RAM and HDD

You did not say what the Make, Model and Wattage of the Power Supply Unit is on the label on the PSU. You can boot into the Bios to PC health or some such and view the Temperatures, Fan Speeds, and the +12V line for the PSU. If the +12V line is under or over .15 I would try replacing the PSU.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-locking-up-even-after-replace-ram-and-hdd-644887.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I m not sure if I have a virus on my laptop or if there is something else wrong with my laptop a Toshiba running Vista I noticed a couple days ago that when screens, internet Virus? Blue up.... computer and locking locking up I would get on the internet I could only get about five pages in Virus? Blue screens, internet locking up and computer locking up.... before it would completely lock up with not even being able to get into Ctrl Alt Delete to restart I would restart it would bring up the quot Windows did not shut down properly do you wanna start in safe mood etc menu quot I would try to start normally and same thing would happen I ran numerous scans Malware Antibytes Super Antispyware and it came up with a couple Trojans and I deleted them but the problem still happened Then I noticed that it also was locking up when I would just be opening files or folders on the Virus? Blue screens, internet locking up and computer locking up.... laptop not just the internet Then I would start getting blue screens computer would restart and the cycle would repeat I am not getting any bad reports from Malware or Super antispyware but the problem is persisting Not sure if my laptop is just crapping out or if it s something else I am writing this in safe mode with networking because the first time I tried to write it in regular mode the laptop locked up It seems to be working ok in safe mode Any help would be great Thank you

A:Virus? Blue screens, internet locking up and computer locking up....

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Please download GMER from here(doesnot work on 64 bit OS)http://www2.gmer.net/download.phpTemporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic Full Scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply. DownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/444341/virus-blue-screens-internet-locking-up-and-computer-locking-up/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have Windows ME After I get off the internet and leave my computer up it will lock up slow ME locking up, up, Solved: locking computer ad-aware freeze on the desktop I have to do a hard shut down control alt delete doesn t touch it Also my computer seems to be running slower than usual I have bit defender for a virus scanner fire wall I downloaded all the micro soft security updates and have put on spybot S amp D and ad-aware However since yesterday ad-aware quits responding showing between and critical items that I Solved: ME locking up, ad-aware locking up, slow computer can t get to in order to delete them Spybot is still running ok and knocked off a things on the last scan I have rebooted and ran a hijackthis log Can anyone see if there is something causing a problem that the other systems are missing Thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SOFTWIN BITDEFENDER COMMUNICATOR XCOMMSVR EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SOFTWIN BITDEFENDER SCAN SERVER BDSS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD HP SHARE-TO-WEB HPGS WND EXE C PROGRAM FILES SOFTWIN BITDEFENDER BDMCON EXE C PROGRAM FILES SOFTWIN BITDEFENDER VSSERV EXE C PROGRAM FILES SOFTWIN BITDEFENDER BDOESRV EXE C PROGRAM FILES SPYBOT - SEARCH amp DESTROY TEATIMER EXE C PROGRAM FILES CALLWAVE IAM EXE C PROGRAM FILES MICROSOFT OFFICE OFFICE OSA EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD HP SHARE-TO-WEB HPGS WNF EXE C PROGRAM FILES MICROSOFT OFFICE OFFICE FINDFAST EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINZIP WZQKPICK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS DESKTOP HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hardynet com O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run PCHealth C WINDOWS PCHealth Support PCHSchd exe -s O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run BDMCon C PROGRA SOFTWIN BITDEF BDMCON EXE O - HKLM Run BitDefender Virus Shield C Program Files Softwin BitDefender vsserv exe O - HKLM Run BDOESRV C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdoesrv exe O - HKLM Run BDNewsAgent C PROGRAM FILES SOFTWIN BITDEFENDER bdnagent exe O - HKLM Run BDSwitchAgent C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdswitch exe O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices StateMgr C WINDOWS System Restore StateMgr exe O - HKLM RunServices StillImageMonitor C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE O - HKLM RunServices BitDefender Communicator C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe O - HKLM RunServices BitDefender Scan Server C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exe O - HKLM RunServices BitDefender Live Init C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdinit exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Startup Internet Answering Machine lnk C Program Files CallWave IAM EXE O - Startup Office Startup lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Startup Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office M... Read more

A:Solved: ME locking up, ad-aware locking up, slow computer

Hi, Did you disable System Restore? Your scans may be detecting files in the RESTOR_ area...which they cannot fix. Turning off System Restore is neccessary so that you can remove all the infected files, malware etc from your Restore Points...disabling System Restore directions/info here:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...2001012513122239?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam

After things are cleaned up, you can create a new Restore Point. If you did do this already looks like I will not be able to help you....the log is fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-me-locking-up-ad-aware-locking-up-slow-computer.275187/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all The laptop in question is a Toshiba Satellite A -S A few weeks ago it got dropped right on its adapter? Replace the replace the or jack power corner Replace the power jack or replace the adapter? with the power plug still in it the little metal plug of the AC adapter is now slightly crooked and the power jack has a little chip off the plastic part of it Anyway after this mishap it worked fine for another weeks and then suddenly this week it s refusing to power up Its battery has been shot for a while can t hold a charge and I ve been using it with the battery out Why the sudden refusal to boot I took the whole thing apart---minus the little chip the power jack looks totally fine and cosmetically sound Put the whole thing back together taking care to check that plugs were snug---still no power Stuck in the crappy battery booted just fine and then shut itself down after like minutes How likely is it that it s the power jack which is broken And why did it take this long to crap out if it IS broken A new one of those silly jacks costs over on eBay so I want to make sure that it s the jack before I just up and buy one Of course if it s the AC adapter that s broken that would cost even more Bah Input nbsp

A:Replace the power jack or replace the adapter?

AND/OR inside the case the the jack is soldered directly to the motherboard. Is also possible that
1) It's already cracked
2) If not yet, it's gonna crack

So look to see what connection looks like between power jack and motherboard, If you feel u wanna/can re-solder yourself or the typically price to redo the whole power thing seems to run $125 parts/labor/warranty if you take it somewhere. So how much is it all worth to you?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replace-the-power-jack-or-replace-the-adapter.121170/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I need Replace in Find Column) different (but Replace & a to Find & Replace (but Replace in a different Column) know if there is a function perhaps a Macro or Query or a more complex Find amp Replace that can accomplish the following cause my database is huge amp I m hoping not to do this manually I keep an Access database for my homeowners association on the condition amp conformity of different exterior attributes for about townhomes The Board of Directors wants to move away from using the term quot Grandfathered quot which is distinguished by the acronym quot GF quot in the database column that shows conformity labeled IAW We use this database to generate annual architectural reports for our residents Our board wants the entry quot GF quot replaced with a quot Y quot they want the GF entry removed from the report completely amp they re serious about it Now I have already created a Query that has located all the GF entries in their various columns of various records which our Board wants me to use in an internal quot in-office quot database in order to keep track of what attributes actually were grandfathered originally as a reference for our field inspector when he inspects the townhomes But we also want to create an unassuming symbol on the report perhaps an or a something that will alert the inspector to an attribute that once was grandfathered on his field report This is to be done so that he will not be flying blind when he comes across a non-conforming attribute i e he will see the symbol amp know that that symbol means there used to be a quot GF quot in it s place BUT we want to move that symbol to a different column a column labeled quot Comments quot I could run the Find amp Replace function find all the GF s amp replace them with a Y but that symbol would go right back in the very same column that the GF came out of So is there a way to find all the GF s in one column amp replace them w a Y in that same column but have a symbol quot quot appear in another column of the same record I know it sounds complicated but can it be done Thanks mark man Access nbsp

A:Find & Replace (but Replace in a different Column)

see attached. But actually getting that data back to the table, if that is what you want, is a bit trickier.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/find-replace-but-replace-in-a-different-column.709333/
Relevancy 40.85%

For some reason W7 has decided to change 'Copy and Replace' with 'Move and Replace' when picking a file up with the left mouse and dragging it to another folder where an old version of the file exists.

My Excel SS is in two places: My desktop and USB which I use for backup. I would simply open the folder on the USB pick up the file on the desktop with the left mouse and drag it to the USB folder. Then I would get the message 'Copy and Replace'.. But not anymore it's become 'Move and Replace'.

I know I can 'Copy and Replace' by holding down the Ctrl key but I dont want to.

It looks like there should be a simple answer

Can anyone help? I swear I didnt change anything.

A:How can I 'Copy and Replace' not 'Move and Replace'.

Hi,
Have you ever tried right click drag and drop ?
There will be a list option after you drop,
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/334529-how-can-i-copy-replace-not-move-replace.html
Relevancy 39.56%

We have Ecobyte find not replace Need utility and robust Replace - a 2.2 text but Text Like a TON of text based INI files for our companies software deployment scripts We also have a TON of people who use different ways to deploy the same software On one server alone we can have a bunch of different ways people install E G msiexec exe quiet norestart i dfs dfsshare SAV Symant msi msiexec exe quiet norestart i lt qt gt server Need a robust text find and replace utility - Like Ecobyte Replace Text 2.2 but not share WIN Symantec Client Security msi lt qt gt msiexec exe quiet norestart i server share SAV WIN Symantec Client Security msi msiexec exe quiet norestart i lt qt gt dfs dfsshare SAV Symantec Client Security msi lt qt gt and so on down the line I LIKE the abilities of Ecobyte Replace Text but the problem is I have to type in the whole line as it is in the file to then replace it with the new one for the new deployment What I want to do is have a search based on PART of the line so I can then put in Symant msi and Symantec Client Security msi and replace the ENTIRE line with a new line Is there any multi file utility that allows you to search for part of a text line but replace the entire text line nbsp

A:Need a robust text find and replace utility - Like Ecobyte Replace Text 2.2 but not

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-a-robust-text-find-and-replace-utility-like-ecobyte-replace-text-2-2-but-not.837870/
Relevancy 37.84%

Ok now its been a while since my pc has not been working Ive had it for just over a year now One day i turned it on and it would get to the Bios splash page but it would not go any further There were no beeps nothing All fans run and from what i remember hard drives would start spinning too I thought maybe it was a replace that replace.. is the To to or question. not PSU problem as the PSU would have very subtle flickering sounds almost like sparking cables However after taking the PSU to a technician they said it was working fine This cost me AUD What he then told me was that it may be the mobo But before i go and send it to a proper technician and fork out X amount of money id like to get your opinion As i mentioned above The pc turns on doesnt boot past the BIOS splash screen and just stays there There are odd noises from the PSU Here is my setup ASUS A N -SLI Deluxe AMD Athlon PC- x gb CAS To replace or not to replace.. that is the question. Corsair DDR mem Radeon X GTO Iceturbo Thermaltake w power supply Maxtor gb Maxline III WD Raptor GB Creative Audigy ZS I have not had the guts to take anything out and test them individually But has anyone had or heard of this problem before What could it be about the motherboard that would also make the PSU make that noise Is it just a safety mechanism of the PSU SOS nbsp

A:To replace or not to replace.. that is the question.

Hi and welcome to Techspot!!

Test the RAM sticks individually. One of them might be bad. You can use Memtest86 to try them out.

Also, try them in different memory slots. That sometimes helps.

Regards :wave:

BTW, Great thread title

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/to-replace-or-not-to-replace-that-is-the-question.75301/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have installed Win 10(32Bit) on ProDesk 400 G2.5 Small Form Factor machine.   Machine keeps locking - up - only solution is to reboot. I suspected that I may have incorrect Bios or Drivers, on checking HP site I can find no Drivers for machine running 32 bit!!!! Please advise. Thanks  Tony

A:PC Keeps Locking!!!

Hi: See if installing the chipset driver directly from Intel resolves the problem.  The 2nd file down on the left is the auto install file. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-?pr... Did W10 install the intel graphics driver for you?  If not, that could also be a problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/PC-Keeps-Locking/td-p/5768142
Relevancy 31.39%

I've got a pc with a asrock p4vm890 mother board and a palit 7300gs graphics card, and the thing just locks up randomly. I have installed the latest drivers, but it still locks up whether i'm on the internet or playing games. It did it last night after only a few mins of being switched on. Anyone got any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/locking-up.76031/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi I need help with this PC also System Info Intel P Ghz HT Gigabyte IG P-G Motherboard MB DDR Ram Intel G Onboard Display Onboard Sound Windows XP Pro SP We ve got an FTP server on it and also run a proxy on it to give other people internet access we have ADSL Here is the situation I use this pc during the day and it works fine sometimes I leave it doing nothing for hours or most of the day but I leave work at around and when I get in Up!? PC Locking Just the next morning I find the pc frozen Its still on but the monitor light is flickering and when I move the mouse as I usually do during the day to wake it up nothing works I ve also notices in the bandwith monitor that this basicly always happen between - and that it PC Just Locking Up!? does actually freeze Also the Power Settings is set to Always On So why would a PC freeze like this Any why not duing the day I m also sure than no from the office is touching it Hope someone can help me here or point me to possible causes Thanks Snowy nbsp

A:PC Just Locking Up!?

Check event log to see what happen, When a server (FTP) connect to internet, It increase the possible to Hang rather than standalone PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-just-locking-up.331960/
Relevancy 31.39%

My PC has been locking up Sometimes it runs smoothly but then programs will begin PC locking up to hang and Task Manager will have to be used to close them This happens especially with IE when several windows are open It takes awhile PC locking up for the programs to close and when they do they close slowly i e they slowly scroll down the monitor Also some programs may take a minute or more to load It also takes awhile for the PC to shut down and reboot I have Norton Adaware and Spybot installed and have ran them all with no success I also installed and ran AVG spyware but uninstalled it when the scan was completed It should be noted that I recently performed a complete reformat and installed updated drivers and firmware Any help would be appreciated Win XP home PC locking up SP P processor RAM gig hd DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run PC locking up by Owner at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Norton AntiVirus On-access scanning enabled Updated FW Norton Internet Worm Protection enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system lxctcoms exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP DVD Umbrella DVDTray exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxctmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSubtract exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localhost local BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat reader activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO b de- c - bf-b b- b f a e - c program files microsoft money system mnyside dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO CNavExtBho Class bdf e -b - ad-a -fadc b - c program files norton systemworks norton antivirus NavShExt dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c ... Read more

A:PC locking up

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. You can find information on A/V control HEREOrange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216252/pc-locking-up/
Relevancy 31.39%
Q: locking

Hi,
Im having a Lenovo laptop with the Windows XP OS installed in it.Firstly, Im unable to lock the system i.e if I try Control + Alt + Delete, the cursor automatically goes to the top left corner & I get the small window for closing the screen.
Secondly, the Omnipass tool of finger printing was also installed in the system.Now, since my brother had got it for me, He has his finger printing to be recognized.Now, if I want my finger to be recognised, howw do I do it so that I do not need to depend on him?
Thanks,
cali

A:locking

Hi, Sorry, but one of our TSG Admins had already answered you back last month!

http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/526951-finger-printing.html#post4259612

AcaCandy said:

Um, if you could just disable it that easily, why have it. Sorry, but we can't help you that. Someone put it there for a reason. We have no way of telling if the laptop is stolen, etc.

Good luck, but I must close the thread.Click to expand...

I hope you understand why we cannot help with what you are asking. This is your 3rd post about this, one was simply Closed as a duplicate by a Moderator, then the one Candy replied to, and now this one.

You can email or PM either of the Admins (Cookiegal or AcaCandy) and ask for assistance, but you won't probably get any just posting in the forums.
For one, someone may post invalid or even dangerous hacks or cracks that will damage the computer>
Two, we cannot have posted in the forums ANY ways to get around security features like FingerPrint access.

You'd probably be better off asking Lenovo for help, I do believe if you and brother can show that you or he...
are the legitimate owners of the computer they will help you. Might have to go through the maker of the
FingerPrint security as well, I can't say.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking.533301/
Relevancy 31.39%

While working in MS Office 2003 on a Windows XP computer, your system locks up or is unable to perform desired functions. What might help resolve this problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-locking-up-250490.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I m runnig on a Compaq presario I ve Locking up upgraded mem to meg insted of orig Locking up And use to have Win now have XP pro The question Issue is that from time to time intermittent the computer locks up no keyboard control no nothing screen freezes mouse cursor wont move etc Will do some times when login log off scrolling up-down on a page on Locking up AOL while using scrool arrows at side of screen and at other times when opening diff pages Happens all time while trying to enter Yahoos Pool Game computer will let me go to Yahoo com then I select Games then pool and all is ok at this point then when I Select an actuall room to play in it says loading applets might take mins after about min in middle of screen it will say loading text quot at that point my system locks up to the point I have to hold reset button on front of hard drive tower to restart computer This has been going on for years even under old op sys Win and before I installed xtra memory very frustrated by this thank you for any and all help you can throw my way Sawtek man nbsp

Relevancy 31.39%

My SP version up XP SP3 Locking of XP Home Edition has been locking up tonight It would completely XP SP3 Locking up freeze the PC in as little as minutes during AV scans and while quarantine-ing infected files I found this site from looking up Re-formatting XP SP I play WoW on this PC as well as do personal business here my spouse and kids use this PC as well so there's no telling what may have been downloaded on here I have included all the required steps as follows DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by David at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV avast Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService XP SP3 Locking up exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files XP SP3 Locking up Creative SB Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Saitek Software Profiler exe C Program Files Saitek Software SaiSmart exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox Beta firefox exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings David My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GROOVEEX DLL BHO Office Document Cache Handler b f a - e - -ba - b e ff - c progra micros office URLREDIR DLL BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun CTSysVol c program files creative sb live -bit surround mixer CTSysVol exe r mRun UpdReg c windows UpdReg EXE mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Profiler c program files saitek software Profiler exe mRun SaiSmart c program files saitek software SaiSmart exe mRun SpybotSnD quot c program files spybot - search amp destroy SpybotSD exe quot autoclose mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun EvtMgr c program files logitech setpointp SetPoint exe launchGaming mRun P Helper Rundll P dll P Helper mRun BCSSync quot c program files microsoft office office BCSSync exe quot DelayServices mRun avast c progra alwils avast avastUI exe nogui mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun nwiz c program files nvidia corporation nview nwiz exe installquiet StartupFolder c docume david startm programs startup openof l... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/xp-sp3-locking-up-531669.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a Creative Zen M with a GB HDD I use it constantly as a portable HDD and to listen to my tunes on long bike rides I ve plugged it into at least different PC s and each one with XP recognises it AOL out locking USB mounts it and lets me transfer files None of those PC s had AOL installed Recently I tried to use it on two PC s with AOL latest version and neither of them would recognise the device displaying the message that it is either a quot unknown device quot or that it is non-functional It still lists it as an quot unknown device quot in the Device Manager Then I tried it on a laptop with a wireless transmitter AOL locking out USB built in and every time I plugged it in AOL would begin dialing I could AOL locking out USB hear the tones in the laptop s speakers and trying to boot up AOL Since it wasn t plugged in the attempt was for naught but to infuriate me more I believe that AOL AOL locking out USB in cohorts with iTunes has locked into the USB port either to ensure that any portable MP type device is manipulated through AOL and iTunes or AOL has a security feature that inhibits the use of USB storage devices Or maybe there is another reason I can t fathom but I m sure that you guys here on this forum can help me to figure this out I can t be the only one experiencing this wacky problem nbsp

A:AOL locking out USB

Wouldn't surprise me and why do you think they sometimes call AOL America Off Line?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aol-locking-out-usb.557230/
Relevancy 31.39%

i have installed an upgrade of window 7 from xp. all works fine until i have the computer on overnight and then i try to start up the system out of energy conserve mode(black screen). i get the circle going around and around but never gets out of this mode. any ideas?

A:Locking up

Quote: Originally Posted by gazoo

i have installed an upgrade of window 7 from xp. all works fine until i have the computer on overnight and then i try to start up the system out of energy conserve mode(black screen). i get the circle going around and around but never gets out of this mode. any ideas?

Could be many things. we need to know about your computer, about your network, any error messages, what event viewer says, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/85453-locking-up.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I built my system Nov '02. I recently installed a RAID array with x2 120GB SATA drives.

On Friday night, I upgraded my AMD Athlon 2200+ to a 2700+, then on sunday I formatted my system drive, C:, and re-installed windows XP Pro. I have formatted several times before and had no probs at all.

Since Sunday, I have suffered with my system completely locking up and I have to reset the machine to get anywhere.

I'm doing diff things at the time, (playing a game, watching a vid clip, just surfing the web). It's never one thing in particular.

I dont think it's the new cpu cos it didnt start doing it till sunday. but then, if I knew what it was I'd fix it...
Anybody have any ideas?

A:XP Locking up

Check the CPU temperatures in the BIOS or find on Google.com and download MainBoard Monitor - it will tell you the temps.

Other things to check:
Is the CPU detected right? Right speed and all?
Does the motherboard support the 2700+ or does it need a BIOS update?
Is your RAM the right speed for the CPU? I think the 2700+ runs on the 333Mhz FSB (166 x 2) and the 2200+ would be a 266Mhz CPU. Is your RAM PC2700 (333Mhz)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-locking-up.184190/
Relevancy 31.39%

I built myself a new PC a few months ago. It's been working fine in general until about a month ago, when one day, during startup, the PC just locked up. I thought that it was a virus or something like that, so I formatted the computer and reinstalled Windows XP. As it turned out, however, the problem didn't go away. Now, occasionally even when doing something as simple as surfing Firefox results in either the computer stuttering or locking up. I'm beginning to suspect that my RAM is dying. Could it be the RAM, or something else?

I'm sure it's not a loose cable or something like that, because the computer was working fine the day before it started going apesh!t. And my temps are well-within optimal ranges, with the HD running at around 30C, the CPU at 35C/48-50C at idle/load.

I'll try to test the memory again, because the PC crashed when I attempted the first time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-locking-up.104764/
Relevancy 31.39%

Ok this is my first time here Ive used all PC know-how I have to solve this problem yet my computer will still not work properly My problem is my PC locks up completely about every hour or so Sometimes right when I boot it other times after - hours of gaming I have taken the ram out and replaced it with ram from a working box I have swapped video cards with another machine The hard drive has been swapped with a working one up Help PC locking with and windows reinatalled on it times now I have all the hot fixes from ms and there is no Help with PC locking up virus on this machine The temperature of my processor is a cool - degrees depending on the load I have installed the latest drivers for the mobo video card sound card and lan both of which are integrated What am i missing Or if anyone has this mobo and has had a similar problem could you please give me some advice Im about to scrape this stupid thing and buy a new one something I cant afford for a few more months Thank you all in advance hopefully someone can shed some light on this If there is more info I can give you let me know Specs Soyo k dragon mobo w xp -integrated sound lan mb mhz ddr ram GB Seagate PNY Geforce ti mg windows xp pro nbsp

Relevancy 31.39%

I recently built a new PC which was running fine up until a few days ago. Now I'm having a problem where it will boot through the XP start up screen, but then locks up and switches to an all black screen, a grey screen with random vertical lines or (more commonly) a blue screen with diagonal lines. This happens on start up a lot, but some times it will happen after it has started and seems to be running as normal. I've checked the hard drive health and everything appears to be normal. Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Keeps locking up

Sounds like video prob of some kind. Either monitor/screen or video adapter.
Must be a desktop so swap monitors/screens and verify or eliminate that source.
Then go for the video adapter. Reseat the card and check all connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keeps-locking-up.714943/
Relevancy 31.39%

yes i have a w2k operating system .everything mortherboard, cpu ,hard drive,and memory is new . i just installed windows 2000 and downloaded all the hotfix updates that need . now when i start up my system it locks up .i cannot do anything ( including alt,ctrl,& delete) .it was working fine up untill the updates sometimes it well let me get to my desktop sometimes not but that is it. please help.
ps tryed reinstalling windows about 3 times now and the same thing happens

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w2k-locking-up.363474/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have Vista home edition with my account with admin rights and kids as standard user. When I went to shutdown it did not shut down correctly. It now says user logged on, when i click the pic to go in it but automatically closes saying user locked. back to the screen where you are able to choose what account you want to got to the kids account if fine as normal. any suggestions

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/177532-keeps-locking-out.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi Help locking pc up keeps hope you guys can help my pc keeps locking up but only when i am conneted to the internet this happens with ie and netscape so don t think its a browser problem When i am offline everthing is fine this all started since i put a new proccessor in my machine the crash can occur at any time between minutes and hours on any website i have formattted my drive and reinstalled operating system and updates but same thing still happens the only thing i can think of that it might be is that perhaps i may have damaged the modem static while installing the proccessor i have reseated the modem Help pc keeps locking up and memory and tested offline running farcry for about hours had no problems at all as soon as i go on Help pc keeps locking up the web after minutes it locked up incidently it can also lock up when the brouser Help pc keeps locking up is closed but a connection is open specs xp proffesional fully updated athlon mb ram geforce mb k internal modem i was thinking of replacing the modem but before i start throwing money at it thought i would ask you guys please hepl if you can nbsp

A:Help pc keeps locking up

well thanks for all your help!

changed the modem all ok now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-pc-keeps-locking-up.244809/
Relevancy 31.39%

Can someone please help I have a Compaq laptop on XP that is up to date I have been using DSL for a couple of years and am now on vacation so I switched to dial-up I had my firewall turned off because I used a router at home I have Norton System Works which is also up to date I up locking pc ve run a full system scan When I first went online using the dial up I noticed pc locking up the PC would hang up while on the net and anything I tried to do such as Outlook email from a web page it would show an hour glass for about seconds and then not go to Outlook or anything else I clicked on It would change web pages When I disconnected the modem everything would pop up that I had tried to do while online There wasn t any extra activity on the modem when it was idle Last night I was unable to logoff or power down so I held the power button to turn it off Now when it boots up it says Windows can not load your profile because it may be corrupted It then continues to load with a basic Compaq background and several icons missing on the desktop If I click on Itunes it starts as if it were my first time and all the songs are gone Microsoft word is missing both on the desktop and in All Programs but I can find the docs by searching If I click on one it loads Word as if for the first time I ve run System works and the disk routine If found no bad sectors and only some memory that was lost I ve run a full system scan with Norton Antivirus and it was clean I went to Symantec and ran the Kama Sutra removal tool but it said the worm was not present Outlook starts but all my contacts and emails are missing and it also acts as if it were the first time All my cookies are gone All my photos are gone They are there but the link to my pictures doesn t find any of my photos Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:pc locking up

Though your profile got corrupted there should still be files on your machine.

Check here -

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Favorites
C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents

Make sure substitute username with all of the different folders under C:\Documents and Settings until you find the one that has all your old information.

Then you will want to copy this information from the corrupted profile to the new working one. You will have to resret alot of your settings I.E. Outlook, views, and things like that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-locking-up.440987/
Relevancy 31.39%

Running XP Pro SP here is my situation If I try to access my D drive or do XP up locking any system activities add remove progams etc or download a file from the XP locking up net the computer locks up To be more specific if I was opening the D drive I see quot My Computer not responding quot If I try to close the program from task manager everything goes away and all I see is my wallpaper I can still move between any windows that were previously open but nothing else I also cannot shut the system down It gets stuck at the quot windows is shutting down quot screen and stays there forever At first I thought it might be a hard drive problem but I can boot in Safe Mode and Diagnostic Mode and everything is fine I decided that I probably had a virus or one of my programs was causing the errors so I whipped out my system restore disc and reset to factory settings to start over but the problem is still there Normal start-up is bugged Safe and Diagnostic Modes are fine Please help if you can this is very frustrating Thanks Scott

A:XP locking up

Hi Scott and welcome to TSF !

Could be some hardware problem if a reinstall didn't solve it. What's your hard drive brand and model ? Find the corresponding diagnostics utility here, create the boot floppy or CD and check your hard drive for errors. While you're at it, tell us more about your system specs (see the link in my sig about posting system specs).

Once that's done, start in safe mode and run (start => run) chkdsk x: /F /R where x is the volume letter of your drive. Answer no if it asks to unmount the drive, then yes to schedule the scan at next restart. Do that for each of your HDD drives if there's more than one.

Check the event log : start => run => eventvwr.msc. See if there are errors or warnings in the different sections (system, application, security)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-locking-up-163750.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Trying to work on a machine while the user is not here One of those who insists he Log HJT Locking Up quot doesn t need to know quot all that stuff then expects me to fix it in a few minutes I m certain a lot of excess junk is running please take a look Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS GWMDMMSG EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES PWRCHUTE UPS EXE C PROGRAM FILES ROXIO GOBACK GBPOLL EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON CLEANSWEEP CSINJECT EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON UTILITIES NPROTECT EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG AVGAMSVR EXE HJT Log Locking Up c windows SYSTEM KB KB EXE C WINDOWS HJT Log Locking Up SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS RNAAPP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PROMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES IOMEGA DRIVEICONS IMGICON EXE C PROGRAM FILES D D EXE C PROGRAM FILES PWRCHUTE ICONCLNT EXE C PROGRAM FILES HJT Log Locking Up GRISOFT AVG AVGCC EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG AVGEMC EXE C PROGRAM FILES ZONE LABS ZONEALARM ZLCLIENT EXE C PROGRAM FILES BILLP STUDIOS WINPATROL WINPATROL EXE C WINDOWS RunDLL exe C PROGRAM FILES VITALSIGNS NET MEDIC PROGRAM NETMEDIC EXE C PROGRAM FILES ROXIO GOBACK GBTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES FSSCRCTL EXE C PROGRAM FILES IOMEGA QUIK SYNC QUIKSYNCII EXE C PROGRAM FILES VITALSIGNS NET MEDIC PROGRAM SYSHOOK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXE C PROGRAM FILES HJT HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www yahoo com ext gw home html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www yahoo com ext gw home html O - BHO no name - E E -D E- D -AD - E C F - C PROGRA FRESHD FRESHD FDCATCH DLL O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHELPER DLL O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry c windows scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor c windows taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run Promon exe Promon exe O - HKLM Run GWMDMMSG GWMDMMSG exe O - HKLM Run GWMDMpi C WINDOWS GWMDMpi exe O - HKLM Run Iomega Startup Options C Program Files Iomega Common ImgStart exe O - HKLM Run Iomega Drive Icons C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exe O - HKLM Run Dimension C PROGRAM FILES D D EXE O - HKLM Run ICONCLNT C Program Files Pwrchute iconclnt exe O - HKLM Run CriticalUpdate c windows SYSTEM wucrtupd exe -startup O - HKLM Run GRA C Cabs grainstall GRA exe O - HKLM Run NPROTECT c Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities nprotect exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA GRISOFT AVG AVGCC EXE STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA GRISOFT AVG AVGEMC EXE O - HKLM Run AVG RegCleaner C PROGRA GRISOFT AVG AVGREGCL EXE BOOT O - HKLM Run mdac runonce C WINDOWS SYSTEM runonce exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run WinPatrol quot C PROGRA BILLPS WINPAT WinPatrol exe quot O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices UPS C Program Files Pwrchute ups exe O - HKLM RunServices GoBack Polling Service C Program Files Roxio GoBack GBPoll exe O - HKLM RunServices CSINJECT EXE c Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton CleanSweep CSINJECT EXE O - HKLM RunServices NPROTECT c Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities nprotect exe O - HKLM RunServices avgamsvr exe C PROGRA GRISOFT AVG AVGAMSVR EXE O - HKLM RunServices KB c windows SYSTEM KB KB EXE O - HKLM RunServices Tr... Read more

Relevancy 31.39%

Hello,

Need some help here. When ever I log onto my system it locks up. I ran Ewido last night and it cleaned 33 items off, Im still having the problem. Its like there is a program conflicting with another or somethiing.

Can someone give me some help. Thanks

Install and run HiJackThis and post a copy of the log here and an expert will advise you what to remove.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking-up.433864/
Relevancy 31.39%

Ever since I installed Service Pack 3 about once a day my PC will lock up and I have to hard restart. I would say it has something to do with Firefox b/c I always have Firefox open when it happens but I have Firefox open the majority of the time so that might be a coincidence.

Also, a couple of times this has happened after I restart and load up Firefox again I have gotten a message saying that my foxmarks is missing a bunch of bookmarks and would l like to synchronize even though I am not missing any bookmarks. This has only happened a couple of times though so again may be incidental.

Anyone else have this problem or any ideas?

Thanks

A:Xp Sp3 Locking Up My Pc

Are you using Norton/Symantec products on your system? There's some known issues with them and SP3.Also, here's a link to further SP3 info here at BC: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/146857/windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3-information/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151497/xp-sp3-locking-up-my-pc/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a new PC that i bought in a bundle that was suppose to be a good deal haha The PC locks up or freezes under a load I first try to install XP pro many times getting a lock up half way through install I have install locking up PC mandrake fine amp running Windows pro for the PC locking up third time Wont even allow a ungrade to XP I added new fan to processor a PC card fan amp a case fan This brought my temp from down to - thats not hot right Here is a list of my stats any ideas or hints would be great THANKS Windows pro CPU Properties CPU PC locking up Type AMD Athlon XP MHz x CPU Alias Palomino CPU Stepping A L Code Cache KB L Data Cache KB L Cache KB On-Die Full-Speed CPU Physical Info Package Type Pin PGA Package Size cm x cm Transistors million Process Technology Mi um CMOS Cu Die Size mm Core Voltage V I O Voltage V Typical Power - W depending on clock speed Maximum Power - W depending on clock speed CPU Manufacturer Company Name Advanced Micro Devices Inc CPU Utilization CPU CPUID Properties CPUID Manufacturer AuthenticAMD CPUID CPU Name AMD Athlon tm XP CPUID Revision h Extended CPUID Revision h Platform ID CBh Socket A IA CPU Serial Number Unknown Instruction Set AMD DNow Supported AMD DNow Professional Supported AMD Enhanced DNow Supported AMD Extended MMX Supported AMD Not Supported Cyrix Extended MMX Not Supported IA- Not Supported IA MMX Supported IA SSE Supported IA SSE Not Supported IA SSE Not Supported CLFLUSH Instruction Not Supported CMPXCHG B Instruction Supported Conditional Move Instruction Supported FEMMS Instruction Not Supported MONITOR MWAIT Instruction Not Supported CPUID Features -bit Page Size Extension Supported Advanced Cryptography Engine Not Supported Alternate Instruction Set Not Supported Automatic Clock Control Not Supported CPL Qualified Debug Store Not Supported Debug Trace Store Not Supported Debugging Extension Supported Enhanced SpeedStep Technology Not Supported Fast Save amp Restore Supported Fast System Call Supported Hyper-Threading Technology Not Supported L Context ID Not Supported Local APIC On Chip Not Supported LongRun Not Supported LongRun Table Interface Not Supported Machine-Check Architecture Supported Machine-Check Exception Supported Memory Type Range Registers Supported Model Specific Registers Supported Page Attribute Table Supported Page Global Extension Supported Page Size Extension Supported Pending Break Event Not Supported Physical Address Extension Supported Processor Duty Cycle Control Not Supported Processor Serial Number Not Supported Random Number Generator Not Supported Self-Snoop Not Supported Thermal Monitor Not Supported Thermal Monitor Not Supported Time Stamp Counter Supported Virtual Mode Extension Supported Enhanced Power Management Frequency ID Control Not Supported Software Thermal Control Not Supported Temperature Sensing Diode Supported Thermal Monitoring Not Supported Thermal Trip Not Supported Voltage ID Control Not Supported Motherboard Properties Motherboard ID - - B- A LNS AC- Motherboard Name Soyo K VEM Pro Front Side Bus Properties Bus Type DEC Alpha EV Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz DDR Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Memory Bus Properties Bus Type SDR SDRAM Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Chipset Bus Properties Bus Type PCI Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Motherboard Physical Info CPU Sockets Slots Expansion Slots ISA PCI RAM Slots DIMM Integrated Devices Audio Video LAN Form Factor Micro ATX Motherboard Size mm x mm Motherboard Chipset KLE Physical Memory Total MB Used MB Free MB Utilization Swap Space Total MB Used MB Free MB Utilization Virtual Memory Total MB Used MB Free MB Utilization nbsp

Uhh, isn't 267 a little odd of a # for a clock? Shouldn't it be 133x11.5? Perhaps the setting you're using is causing your instability..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-locking-up.9978/
Relevancy 31.39%

I am having trouble with my computer locking up Suspiciously it seems to happen when I try to run my antivirus program I have McAfee and AVG or when I run my spyware program Talked to McAfee and they were up locking no help This is a desktop computer running Windows XP SP with a Pentium processor ghz mb ram All update have been done I have also updated my SiS utility tray since it has given me problems in the past I ran a Hijack this logfile Here it is Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Keymaestro Multimedia Keyboard nhksrv exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte locking up exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C WINDOWS htpatch exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Files Keymaestro Multimedia Keyboard MMKeybd exe C Program Files IC Card Reader Driver v e Disk Monitor exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files EPSON Ink Monitor InkMonitor exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft Broadband Networking MSBNTray exe C Program Files locking up Keymaestro Multimedia Keyboard TrayMon exe C Program Files Keymaestro Onscreen Display OSD exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId F - REG system ini UserInit D WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run SiS Tray C WINDOWS system sistray EXE O - HKLM Run SiS KHooker C WINDOWS system khooker exe O - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINDOWS sisUSBrg exe O - HKLM Run HTpatch C WINDOWS htpatch exe O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD C Program Files Keymaestro Multimedia Keyboard MMKeybd exe O - HKLM Run Disk Monitor C Program Files IC Card Reader Driver v e Disk Monitor exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run Ink Monitor C Program Files EPSON Ink Monitor InkMonitor exe O - HKLM Run LTMSG LTMSG exe O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROG... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking-up.525189/
Relevancy 31.39%

why does windows 7 ultimate x64 (not sure if other versions have this issue) lock files after they are deleted thus making overwriting impossible for what seems to be a huge amount of time until system decides its ok to stop being a worthless piece of?

is there seriously anyway to fix this? permissions don't help, "running as admin" is a joke
why the hell does it do this???

A:w7 locking

How is it possible to lock a file AFTER it has been deleted?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/152106-w7-locking.html
Relevancy 31.39%

ok i hope i finish this before my computer freezes agin. for about a week now this thing is running a little slow but not all the time. the freezing up seemed to start after i tried to run my virus scan. i have defender pro. every time i run the scan it will lock up about 1/5 th of the way through. then it stared just locking up when ever. i had restart like 6 times this morning to get it to start. i am updating my virus scan now. i have not put anything new on here in a long time so i don't think it is that. any ideas?

A:locking up!

Hi

I appreciate you may not be able to complete all of this, but do what you can to follow Microbell’s 5 step process here and then post your log in the HijackThis Forum.

Slow running PC and your AV acting up is suspicious - let us check you over.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/locking-up-94406.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hey, i am new and i thought of asking here because i do see some genius here anyways, i have a laptop and i try to login and it logs me off back automatically i heard that it has something to do with rinit or something

and other thing that my laptop i dropped it on floor so ummm my D Drive wont work either.

Help ;)

Thanks,
Kush

Userinit

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/peboot.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/locking-up-458688.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I m building my dad a new PC for Christmas as his current Dell is a mess Although he s reasonably tech savvy he doesn t have the in depth knowledge to understand the implications of certain things For example he might understand that he needs to download a driver or plugin for something to work but he might not realise he needs to use Locking down XP a trustworthy source to avoid downloading malicious software He s also pretty careless usually next gt next gt next gt ok and doesn t really pay attention to important messages He s also not got to grips with data Locking down XP storage Most of his files are stored all over the place in My Documents the root and desktop He also downloads and installs little apps to try something out which clogs up the system leaving the computer struggling for breath I d like to avoid his new computer getting in this state so have been researching ways of limiting what can he can do However he won t like being locked down and will view it as me trying to control him which I suppose I am but I don t think without educating him which won t happen because he s quite stubborn I can take away his user freedom Can anyone recommend any good tools or approaches I can take to guard against his new computer becoming bloated with useless apps malware and chaotic file structures I ve been trying out MS Steadystate but not sure if this is quite as flexible as I d like I m probably looking at limited user account but giving him the admin password unless anyone has a better idea

A:Locking down XP

Why not get a copy of Acronis True Image LINK and when you have installed the operating system and all your software including windows up dates then make an image of it all and then let your father do his worst and when it gets too bad recover the image you have made and your back to a clean system that you started with.

What is wrong with the Dell does it just need a reinstall or is it getting a bit old?

Edit: You can also make a separate partition (D: drive) and move your My Documents there and only make an image of your C:drive so that when you recover your image your data is still there I also have a separate partition for my images and leave them untouched I guess you could format this partition to a Linux partition (ext3) that way he wouldn't see it. I haven't tried this but I guess it would work. Acronis Disk director is good for playing with partitions. (I'm talking about three partitions that's what I always do though I have had no need to try the linux thing)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/locking-down-xp-443789.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello everyone I am locking PC up. keeps having an issue with my computer locking up at random times I m not PC keeps locking up. sure If I m in the right Forum or not so please if I am making a mistake please let me know Here is my HiJackThis file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PC keeps locking up. AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes E Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files x Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BluetoothHeadsetProxy exe C Windows SysWOW CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files x Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - E Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS Plugins IEPlugin contributeieplugin dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - E Program Files x Java bin jp ssv dll O - BHO link filter bho - E CF -D - A- F - F A F - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security klwtbbho dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - E Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS Plugins IEPlugin contributeieplugin dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKLM Run VolPanel quot C Program Files x Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanlu exe quot r O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKCU Run Steam quot E Program Files x Steam Steam exe quot -silent O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run DevconDefaultDB C Windows system READREG SILENT FAIL User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Ru... Read more

A:PC keeps locking up.

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the Quick Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note - if you get the following warning, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"Click on Cancel, then Accept.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)RKU logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/363959/pc-keeps-locking-up/
Relevancy 31.39%

My computer has been locking up randomdly in windows xp.. i have reformated my harddrive into NTFS, ran spybot, adware, virus scans of all types.. finding nothing that is bad enough to cause this I don't believe.. the only thing i have changed was my memory.. added another 512 2700 333 DDR stick and upgraded from radeon 7500 to GeForce FX 5600.. at first I thought it might be heat.. but my CPU is running around 32c.. and i have two fans attachted to my harddrive.. i noticed that my power supply is only at 250 watts.. im running a p4 2400.. could it be that thats causing these random lock ups.. mostly well playing a game.. but at other times where its just patching.. not sure as to what is wrong... pls help!

A:locking up

Test the memory with this http://www.memtest86.com/
It?s best to use matched memory.

Up-rate the power supply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/locking-up-9313.html
Relevancy 31.39%

My pc locks up. Could this be due to an older graphics card:

Video-67-Pro V6.45 updated to a higher update being applied to a newer motherboard
AMD Athlon 1.3mghz prossecor
128mb ram?

I also am having a problem in that some/not all url's do not click thru.

"I also am having a problem in that some/not all url's do not click thru."

Well this part is a software problem, and maybe linked to the other problem.

What motherboard do you have?

Please do the following:

To check for a virus please visit one of the following sites for a free online virus scan. Even if you a virus scanner installed, this one gives you a second opinion, and it will be up-to-date which yours might not be.

Symantec:
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/home.asp?j=1&langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=23&pkj=TBOWYHGBYNCJEIMXQKC

Trend Micro:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com

If you do not currently have and antivirus program install you can try AVG from www.grisoft.com it is free.

In IE go to Tools -> Internet Options -> and delete Files and Cookies.

To check for and remove any Spyware or Adware that may be installed on your machine, download and install Adaware and Spybot. Then update each program before scanning. Fix ALL problems found by either of the programs. You may need to reboot and have the scan run at startup. Run it again to make sure all components have been removed. There is also an Immunize in feature in Spybot that should be enabled to protect against some installations of Adware/Spyware.

Adaware and Spybot:
http://spywareinfo.com/downloads.php?cat=sp#det
OR
www.downloads.com

Then post a Hijack This Log to have someone analysis it for further cleaning/recommendations.

Hijack This:
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
OR
www.downloads.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-locking-up.251775/
Relevancy 31.39%

For quite some time now my pc has been completely freezing and requiring a manual reboot for unknown reasons. Most times its due to having too many things running at one time, ie. media players, multiple internet explorer windows and games all running at the same time. Although, other times it locks up without much running at all. I can't pinpoint the problem so i've tried replacing various hardware parts like power supply, RAM and adding extra cooling parts like heatsinks and fans, in a desperate attempt to fix the problem. I've also tried updating system drivers and other software with no success.

Basically I have no idea what is causing my computer to lock up and any advice what be appreciated.

Relevancy 31.39%

My computer is locking up. I have tried a restore point from when it was last working well but still have the same problem. Shortly after the computer restarts and loads programs it will lock up. Had a hard time getting to system restore because cant do much of anything without it locking up. Where do I start?

Relevancy 31.39%

Hi,

My computer is locking up all the time and then the only thing that I can do is pressing the reset button to restart the computer! I'm having this problem since last two months or so. Sometimes it locks up after an hour, sometimes after 2hours, 3hours it's never the same. Today it locked up after 6hours! And when I pressed the reset button and started again it locked up after few seconds and repeated this problem for five times every few seconds. I'm really having a nightmare! I don't know from where I'm starting to solve this problem, so any help is very welcome. The only thing that I've done is that I have uninstalled two programs that I have installed last two months, but with no success.

System:

Windows XP SP1
PentiumIII
1.00GHz
256RAM

Many thanks in advance.

Relevancy 31.39%

Hi All I have a problem with my PC locking up It can happen at any point during use but is most frequent when starting up and shortley after all though as stated it can happen at any point This is a long time problem that is gradually worsening I dont really have much information to offer I have no warning that is is about to do this When the PC freezes my hard drive light is at first still flashing away to indicate that it is working then it stops dead Sound turns to a rapid echo The only way out of this is to hit the restet button I cant get task manager up move the curser or do anything else my screen just freezes I seem to have days where my PC will require from to resets and then will function normally then I can have days where the problem is so bad I want to throw it out the window All ready tried formating the C Drive reinstalling windows this had no efect I use Avira anti virus which detects no problems Spybot S amp D only ever picks up one cookie right media I think its called This Up Locking PC weekend my husband tested the memory test left running over night and the hard drive the following day The memory test showed nothing Nor did the hard drive tests There is a problem with s m a r t he disabled this temporarily but this also made no difference So I was talking PC Locking Up to a friend saying I was going to do a full format and start totally from scratch not using any backed up files what so ever I dread doing this as I know how long this would take He reccomended PC Locking Up I try some new software to check for malware This was his reccomended list Combofix I didnt use this as your site says not to unless told to PC Locking Up by a Helper Malwarebytes Showed up nothing Superantispyware found lots of tracking cookies which I removed So thats about it If there is any more information about my system you require please ask Thanks in advance for any help TeeDee

A:PC Locking Up

Boot to safe mode and see if the problem occurs there please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/380596/pc-locking-up/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi all wondered if someone could take a look at my HJL - just recently my pc has been acting weird - locking up and running slow - can u see any problems i run adaware - macafee - spybot - ewido and spywareblaster thx C DOCUME PHIL amp A LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - Pc Keeps Locking Up E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader Pc Keeps Locking Up ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO McBrwHelper Class - B AA -DAF - -BD D- F BCB E - c program files mcafee com mps mcbrhlpr dll O - BHO McAfee Privacy Service Popup Blocker - EC F-E - cae- B B-B C A - c program files mcafee com mps popupkiller dll O - BHO no name - - Pc Keeps Locking Up F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run CHotkey zHotkey exe O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA McAfee com VSO mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run OASClnt C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run MPFExe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe O - HKLM Run MPSExe c PROGRA mcafee com mps mscifapp exe embedding O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - Global Startup BigFix lnk C Program Files BigFix bigfix exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF E D - DF- D - B A- C C A - http www lizardtech com download files win djvuplugin en US DjVuControl en US cab O - Winlogon Notify igfxcui - C WINDOWS SYSTEM igfxsrvc dll O - Winlogon Notify WgaLogon - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WgaLogon dll O - Winlogon Notify WRNotifier - WRLogonNTF dll file missing O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - C WINDOWS system WPDShServiceObj dll O - Service ewido anti-spyware guard - Anti-Malw... Read more

A:Pc Keeps Locking Up

Please post the entire log. This one is cut off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-keeps-locking-up.504786/
Relevancy 31.39%

i have a computer running win2k which i just re-installed. but even before the re-installation, it's been locking up automatically almost everytime i start it up. Trying to zero in on what hardware part is causing the probelm. The symptoms are:

-restarts
-locks up at random (POST, login, windows, etc.)
-clicks (1 long, 2 short beeps)
-sounds like the fan is struggling when the computer powers on
-smells like something burnt

Ran Western Digital Diagnostics on the WD C400 hard drive and it passed the test. I have a customized computer which was working fine for a a year until now.

Any hints would be helpful.

It could be the Power Supply going out. I would definitely find out where the Burnt Smell is coming from. As that could be the component causing the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-locking-up.549186/
Relevancy 31.39%

My computer locks on shutting down please wait. It stays on that screen. I have to hold in the power button to turn it off. The only thing I did was update video drivers from nvidia and install farcry2. Please help!

A:locking up

Hi correct Video drivers from Nvidia??
Uninstall farcry2 and see if that helps.
Check.
Xp-Shutdown.
http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking-up.762366/
Relevancy 31.39%

In windows 2000 professional you were able to lock your computer with "control/alt/del and then choose lock the computer. Does windows xp have this anywhere?

You can press the Windows Key and 'L', and it will take you to the password screen where you log on. (As long as you've set a password on your user account.)

It will leave your programs and process' running also.
Owen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking-up.216472/
Relevancy 31.39%

My main pc is running XP mostly, and has started locking up while using different applications. I have watched it with Task Manager and Process Explorer and I don't see anything out of the ordinary running. So far I have watched Ad-Aware SE, Spybot Search & Destroy, Nod32 and Sonicstage omg .. lock up while in use.

Is there some way to set up a log file that will tell me what is happening when XP locks up. I would like to have more info on the reason for the problem.

I can reinstall but I would really like to understand what is going on. This has never happened to me before.

A:XP is Locking Up, Why?

number2 said:

My main pc is running XP mostly, and has started locking up while using different applications. I have watched it with Task Manager and Process Explorer and I don't see anything out of the ordinary running. So far I have watched Ad-Aware SE, Spybot Search & Destroy, Nod32 and Sonicstage omg .. lock up while in use.

Is there some way to set up a log file that will tell me what is happening when XP locks up. I would like to have more info on the reason for the problem.

I can reinstall but I would really like to understand what is going on. This has never happened to me before.Click to expand...

Go to 'start', 'run', and type in eventvwr.msc and enter.
See what has happened lately..If you click on applications, then it will give you a summary of the last few days...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-is-locking-up-why.672334/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a new laptop that will freeze up at random, when on-line. I can't move pointer, and have to restart manually. This anomoly happens frequently, maybe some days, it will not happen at all. I use a verizon wireless pc card, and it works flawlessly on my old laptop.

A:"locking Up"

can you connect by any other means? Find somewhere to use a LAN connection and see if the behavior continues. If not, try updating the drivers for the Verizon card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86038/locking-up/
Relevancy 31.39%

Yo Ok i just put in a Intel celeron ghz motherboard and all that jazz the computer is running with a gig harddrive and megs of ram there is roughly gigs left on the HD I have just The os installed and a group latest XP critical updates installed the computer is taking a while after the quot windows XP quot black screen with the sliding bar at the bottom after that it goes black for a minute or so then comes up into the OS finally I log in as the user and then let the os do the rest once its done loading i go to open IE which is the only program used and it takes a while toload I go to open it again another instance and it does the same thing when im at a website and i go to add to favorites it locks up and starts to freak out Any idea s on some programs or something i could run that might tell me what i can do do make this issue stop The system is just randomly freezing I locking Xp up was static free and safe when i was installing the mobo so im really hoping that isnt the Xp locking up case nbsp

Relevancy 31.39%

Hi! When I put a CD in my player, Windows Media player launches but locks up. Whatever more do you need to know, ask.

RAM : 224MB
Version of WMP : curent, fresh download
Other similar programs : Media Jukebox (unable to help)
Proc : AMD K-6/2 450 MHZ
CDROM : MITSUMI 32X
Real player NOT installed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-locking-pc.38573/
Relevancy 31.39%

I posted on another thread about wanting to remove roxio cause I was having issues with svchost.exe . Was suggested I use Revo Uninstaller which I did but i think I deleted something out of my registry i shouldn't have.

PC now is locking up solid when I try and do things and SVCHOST.EXE is still using all my cpu power. I just reinstalled windows a week ago due to some other issues.

I got help with another issue here from neo who was very helpful and ran a scan on my pc and fixed whatever was wrong.

can you give me something to run a scan and fix this plz.

I really could use someones help I dont want to keep reinstalling windows

A:PC Locking Up Please Help!!!

Download and run Process Explorer. Locate the offending SVCHOST.EXE process and right-click on it. Then, select Properties and you'll see to which Services the process is related to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-locking-up-please-help.884288/
Relevancy 31.39%

When I right click on my desktop my PC will lock up. I get the hourglass pointer and then I can't click on anything else. I have to manually shut the PC off and start it up again to run it.

Running Windows XP

Are there any error messages? And could you give some system spec's on your computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-locking-up.480433/
Relevancy 31.39%

My computer has been locking up lately, today.. My dad was using facebook and my computer locked up, I had to do a hardboot, and start back up again, and now before I posted this forum.... about 10 minutes ago, My computer locked up for 2 minutes and I waited.. Once it came out of it... it resumes... I was playing a game... It seems as if my computer has trouble processing and multi-tasking. Its annoying...

There are no viruses on my computer, Norton checks all the time, and I have Malwarebytes And no viruses, I did a Chkdsk /f in the command line? So Now What? It did not do this before.. I ave not updated in hardware.

And it did it again... I have my harddrive Defragmented..

A:Locking UP! D;

It is actually conceivably possible that norton is giving you the trouble.
Easy enough to check though, just disable it for a bit and see if the problem still happens with norton off/on snooze.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/169828-locking-up-d.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Everytime i try and run program it proceeds fine than after about 20 minutes, it locks up and I have to restart??? Meanwhile it has located several pieces of
spyware, but i can never finish to erase!!! Is there any way to pause and delete functions along the way? or any suggestion that might help me prevent from "locking up"?even happens in Safe mode????
Any suggestions? Thanks

A:Locking up!

I'm going to borrow the following from another Moderator (Rimmer). If you are not having any luck with the MS Anti-Spyware then I suggest you try another (or a few other) programs.Do you have any other anti-spyware installed? If not download and update all of the following:Ad-Aware SE from http://www.lavasoft.de/There is a tutorial on how to run this here: Ad-Aware TutorialSpybot Search & Destroy from http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=downloadThere is a tutorial on how to run this here: SpyBot S&D TutorialSpywareBlaster from http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.htmlThere is a tutorial on how to run this here: SpywareBlaster TutorialA-squared complements anti-virus software by specializing in detecting Trojans, Dialers and Spyware. It is free for private use but registration is required. Download it from here: a-squared.These are best run in Safe Mode.Failing that, after you run those programs, I suggest you submit a HiJack This Log for our team to look at. See How to submit a Hijackthis Log for instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/23080/locking-up/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have windows xp home and I am having a problem with my pc locking up constantly I am always using cntr alt delete to free it up I have a dell intel pentium 4cpu 2.53 ghz 1gig memory 300gig hd I have plenty of space the pc seems to run ok except for the freeze ups I am a rookie on the computer so any advice would be appreciated thanks, matsui 55

Relevancy 31.39%

Guys I need help I just finished a new build of W7 on a AMD platform with ASUS CROSSHAIR VI with 1090T when I run WEI and get to the Direct3D 10 Alpha Blend Assessment it locks up the system is at stock setting please help...

I'm not familiar with AMD systems (do use ATI cards though) but have you updated the drivers for the video card?

Catalyst 10.9 software - ATI Radeon

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/113718-locking-up.html
Relevancy 31.39%

My Dell XPS with Windows Vista constantly locks up. I thought maybe it was McAfee causing the problem so I uninstalled it and installed Norton. The problem is still occuring. I even upgraded the ram from 2 gb to 4.

I turned off the Gadgets on the sidebar, run defrag, and reboot. It doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing, whether I'm in Windows Mail, using IE7 or in a program.

I've read many posts regarding this but haven't found a resolution to my problem. If anyone has some new advice, I would love to hear it.

Thank you in advance.
Judy

For starters, Mcafee or Norton..neither is a good choice. Norton is probably contributing to the problem at hand. It is probably the worse system hog in the bunch and draging your system way down. Not to mention the crappy detection you probably got a virus or a trojan. Scan with a good AV(not McAfee it sucks to). Avira, Avast or better then those would be NOD32.

Persistent locking up like this would drive me to a fresh install. Then add your programs one by one and see if a freeze happens after each one.

Trial and error Jubu, thats where your at. A driver or app is probably your problem.

Also try to find signs of any components heating up. Namely your video card or CPU. If you can find someone who has a PSU tester and see that your getting sufficent voltage.

Good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/130901-locking-up.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Running Windows 7 on 32 bit machine. Had System Progressive Protection infection. Ran Malware bytes (was already installed) and think that I got rid of it ( probably a month ago). Starting Monday, IE 7 will not complete a connection to any external web site, it starts up and begins the connection (part of the addressed page appears) and then just seems to hang. The College uses IE and a GUI interface to connect to its Datatel student files, and I have no problem doing that. A week or so before I started having this problem with IE, everytime I started it I would get a popup from a different URL trying to sell me something. ( Tried to blockthem, added domains to restricted zone, a different site would be the source the next time.

How can I identify and correct the problem?

thanks

A:IE locking

Starting Monday, IE 7 will not complete a connection to any external web siteHello -A Windows7 computer should not be using I.E.7 any more - The browser should be I.E.9 now - Your system is not designed for I.E.7 any more, so please follow the liks below > >Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Do you get Windows Updates every month, and do you have Windows7 SP1 installed ?? If not please update to a minimum of I.E.8 (or I.E.9) and check your Service Pack (SP1) as this has been out for a long time -Update and Re-run a full scan with Malwarebytes and also SuperantiSpyware Free Post the logs back here when finished -Please list your normal installed Antivirus program, or do you just use the College default versions ??Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477600/ie-locking/
Relevancy 31.39%

lately i've been locking up alot when i try to play a game, run scandisk or i'm booting up for the first time. i've never had this problem until recently and i have no idea what is wrong. if anyone has any suggestions as to what is wrong, please let me know.

Relevancy 31.39%

I hope this is the right forum for what is happening My computer is locking up every now and then I have done a defrag and up? locking cleared the history The only way to get the computer to run is to unplug and restart Here is a HJT log If this is the wrong forum please direct me to the proper one Thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE locking up? issch exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SSScsiSV exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hptskmgr exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files NoAdware NoAdware exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywaybiz R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http bfc myway com search de srchlft html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www mycopper net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startup O - HKLM Run SsAAD exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run igfxtray C ... Read more

A:locking up?

Instead of unplugging the machine try holding down the power button for 20 seconds or so and it should shut off.
Go out to the Dell site and download hard drive diagnostics to eliminate the possibility of disk problems.
Click Start - Run, type in MSCONFIG, then click OK - "Startup" tab. Remove the checkmark from:

igfxtray igfxtray.exe

igfxhkcmd hkcmd.exe

igfxpers igfxpers.exe

SunJavaUpdateSched jusched.exe

QuickTime Task qttask.exe

ISUSPM Startup isuspm.exe

ISUSScheduler issch.exe

Click Apply - OK afterwards, then reboot. When the SCU window appears during reboot, ignore the message. Place a checkmark in the window, then click OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking-up.540777/
Relevancy 31.39%

I just installed a new motherboard and p4 1.5 cpu. All runs well on windows me almost. My screen freezes everytime I try to do something. It may take 5 mins or it may take 30 mins. I have test everything from the mouse to the cpu. Reformatted the HD and started all over....no luck. Any ideas?

Relevancy 31.39%

Can anyone tell me a good reg hack to stop users from accsessing UNC's from Internet explorer.

I have every aspect of the server locked down but I still don't want users to go to the address bar and type. "\\someservername\dir"

Thanks all

A:Locking down IE

I use a program called Tweak Manager, it's a shareware version but the evaluation version does quite a bit. It might be what you are looking for. Do a Google for it. Downside, if someone goes to the Control Manger and clicks Tweak Manger, they can disable anything they want. I don't know if the PAID version is password protected or not. FYI

oops, I saw that what you really need is a reg hack. sorry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking-down-ie.210596/
Relevancy 31.39%

Sabertooth fx990 r2.0

4 gigs dual channel

Amd fx9095

Watercooling h55

Psu 650

Gpu 750 ti overclock version

Anytime im on chrome or firfox for about 20 min my pc will lock up having to reboot pc alt delete dont work will post pics of my bios

A:Please help.....pc locking

What is the exact make and model of the PSU?

What operating system are you using and is it 32 or 64bit?

Does the problem only occur when using Google Chrome or Firefox, or does it happen at other times?

Are all your drivers fully patched and up to date?

Download and install Asus PC Probe II (available through your motherboard support page), use that and provide the temps and voltages of the system when sat at the desktop in Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-pc-locking.1131141/
Relevancy 31.39%

I brought my Pc home from university and set it up Up PC Locking again The first time I had it on it worked for about an hour I downloaded the latest anti-virus update windows updates and graphics drivers and applied them all then turned it off Later when I turned it on the computer locked up after about minutes The mouse and keyboard were completely unresponsive and I PC Locking Up couldn t hear any HDD activity I restarted but within a minute of getting back into Windows it did the same thing Restarted again and got the same thing so I turned it off for a while Back on later and it lasted another few minutes then crashed Again on rebooting it died it PC Locking Up almost straight away so it seems to last longer if I leave it off for longer It s in quite a hot room and we have really hot weather here in the UK at the moment so I ve checked temperatures when it is on and it s running at around System Degrees C CPU Degrees C When I got this system I ran it for more than a year in a different case at hotter than these temperatures and it never crashed It s also been perfectly stable at University before I brought it home It s difficult to test now because it crashes almost too quickly to do anything useful System Details AMD Athlon XP clocked at GHz with a fan on it VIA Mobo I forget the exact model but I can find it if needed Connect D Radeon Pro MB Windows XP Home SP Logitech USB Mouse Some random old PS keyboard Philps Monitor on DVI Any ideas Any suggestions would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 31.39%

I have been getting browser redirects for a while on  my older Dell laptop running XP. I found this site and was hoping to fix the problem, but when I run DDS, the laptop locks up. DDS starts fine, and runs to about 80% on the status bar, and then nothing more happens. I can't run anything else, I can't shut down DDS, and cant ctrl-alt-del. My only recourse is to hard cycle the laptop.

I have my virus software disabled, and nothing else running on the laptop. This laptop has always been really stable. No crashing or locking up. I have tried other malware tools like Malwarebytes and TDSSkill and several others with no success.

Any thoughts on this? Or is there some other set of programs to generate the logs you guys need?

Thanks,
Keen

A:DDS locking up XP laptop

Hello keenyoung I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Lets get a deeper look into the system and see if something shows up.Download and run OTLDownload OTL by Old Timer and save it to your Desktop.Double click on OTL.exe to run it.Under Output, ensure that Minimal Output is selected.Under Extra Registry section, select Use SafeList.Click the Scan All Users checkbox.Click on Run Scan at the top left hand corner.When done, two Notepad files will open.OTL.txt <-- Will be opened and the that I need posted back hereExtra.txt <-- Will be minimized - save this one on your desktop in case I ask for it laterPlease post the contents of OTL.txt in your next reply.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491477/dds-locking-up-xp-laptop/
Relevancy 31.39%

I am using a windows bit system I did run gmer but it did not find any system modifications so i did not save any files from it DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by silentkow at on - - Running Processes C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey ASLDRSrv exe C Program Files ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey HControl exe C Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon sensorsrv exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exe C Program Files x ASUS Wireless Console wcourier exe C Program Windows 7 Locking Up Files x ASUS ControlDeck ControlDeckStartUp exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey ATKOSD exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey KBFiltr exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey WDC exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey HControlUser Windows 7 Locking Up exe C Program Files Windows 7 Locking Up x ASUS ATK Media DMedia exe C Program Files x ASUS ATKOSD ATKOSD exe C Program Files x Creative SB Audigy Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Program Files x Windows 7 Locking Up iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows AsScrPro exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exe C Users silentkow Desktop dds scr C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update LiveUpdt exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www xfinity com cid insDate uDefault Page URL hxxp asus msn com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll TB FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - No File d d - bd - -a -cfc a uRun RESTART STICKY NOTES C Windows System StikyNot exe uRun AdobeBridge mRun HControlUser C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey HControlUser exe mRun ATKMEDIA C Program Files x ASUS ATK Media DMedia exe mRun ATKOSD C Program Files x ASUS ATKOSD ATKOSD exe mRun VolPanel quot C Program Files x Creative SB Audigy Volume Panel VolPanlu exe quot r mRun UpdReg C Windows UpdReg EXE mRun Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot mRun APSDaemon quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot mRun SwitchBoard C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exe mRun AdobeCS ServiceManager quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbylogin mPolicies-explorer NoActiveDesktop x mPolicies-explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges x mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin x mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorUser x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll Trusted Zone navy mil www bol DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab TCP DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces CE DDC -B - EA- - E B D DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces CE DDC -B - EA- - E B D D F E DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces CE DD... Read more

A:Windows 7 Locking Up

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please DownloadTDSSKiller.zip>>> Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application.Click on the Start Scan button and wait for the scan and disinfection process to be over.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue
If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue
If you are asked to reboot the computer to complete the process, click on the Reboot Now button. A report will be automatically saved at the root of the System drive ((usually C:\) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt" (for example, C:\TDSSKiller.2.2.0_20.12.2009_15.31.43_log.txt). Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If no reboot is required, click on Report. A log file will appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.Download http://public.avast.com/~gmerek/aswMBR.exe (aswMBR.exe) to your desktop. Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it Click the "Scan" button to start scan. Upon completion of the scan, click Save log, and save it to your desktop. (Note - do not select any Fix at this time) <- IMPORTANTPlease post the contents of that log in your next reply.There shall also be a file on your desktop named MBR.dat. Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) folder. Please attach that zipped file in your next reply.===Please post the logs for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450460/windows-7-locking-up/
Relevancy 31.39%

Whenever I play oblivion, the game locks up after about five minutes, the game is still running but the mouse and keyboard input stop. I installed codecs and I got a few minutes farther in the game, but it's still stopping frequently. It seems to stop only when menus are open.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oblivion-locking-up.929158/
Relevancy 31.39%

My computer locks up when it sits idle for no reason. Could take a minute.. or longer.. But when it isnt being used, I have to reboot it to unlock it. I have run an Antivirus.. Adware removal.. Spydoc.. and cant find the problem. My power management settings are not set to hybernate or anything...

Can anyone give me an idea what to do????

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/122838/help-with-computer-locking-up/
Relevancy 31.39%

I too am having a lockup problem. PC (IBM NetVista Pentium III) was really slow. I suspected WinMe as the problem. I upgraded to XP Pro. When I boot into XP it freezes up in a minute or so. So far I have tried these things. 1.) Reapplied therm paste to CPU. 2). Replaced Memory 3.) Upgraded the BIOS. 4.) Checked the CPU temp. 5.) Run a CD live version of Knoppix Linux on the machine. It works flawlessly! 6.) Run XP in Safe Mode. It will run forever in save mode with no hangups. There has to be something that this system doesn't like with either ME or XP. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Sandy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/locking-up-problem-78099.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi Folks.
I have a self build that has started running slow while accessing the internet (hotmail specifically but other secure sites also run very slow). I've done the usual clean in safe mode and have no infections being found.
I've attached a report but I can't see anything that jumps out. I was hoping that one of you good peeps may highlight something I have missed
Thanks for your time spent looking.
Regards.

Dazzle

A:Internet keeps locking

Hello dazzle and to BleepingComputer

When you say "the usual clean" what exactly do you mean? What tools/programs are you running?

Also, your attachment didn't take.

~Blade

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/242289/internet-keeps-locking/
Relevancy 31.39%

My XP2 machine has started locking up after periods of innactivity. I run Firefox as my browser, and have run NAV, Spybot, and Adaware SE and see no problems. Firefox has failed to start several times giving an error message that it is waiting for a previous installation to start...
Attached is my hijack log. Help is greatly appreciated!

A:XP2 machine locking up

I moved this over to the HJT log help forum, you will get great assistance with these guys

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/xp2-machine-locking-up-54047.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on keeps locking the web up Computer AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes Computer keeps locking up on the web C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster rbmonitor exe C Windows system taskeng exe Computer keeps locking up on the web C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMYPRT EXE C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpWareSE exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil m ActiveX exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster registrybooster exe C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ytbb exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users ToddandKristi Documents HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http toolbar inbox com search dispatcher aspx tp aus amp qkw s amp tbid tb id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home peoplepc com index asp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http toolbar inbox com search ie aspx tbid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main CustomizeSearch http toolbar inbox com help sa customize aspx tbid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http toolbar inbox com search ie aspx tbid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http toolbar inbox com help sa customize aspx tbid R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll R - URLSearchHook YTNavAssist YTNavAssistPlugin Class - EA - AA - A A- - AF E D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTNavAssist dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO YSPManager - BC - BFA- EA-B - B D D - C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection ysp dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - B... Read more

A:Computer keeps locking up on the web

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387613/computer-keeps-locking-up-on-the-web/
Relevancy 31.39%

I would like to know if there is a way to lock the icons on the desktop so they can't be moved to another position on the desktop and/or accidentally thrown in the Recycle Bin

A:Locking the Desktop

Hello and welcome to BleepingComputer Shay52
I have not figured out a way to prevent them from being moved or going into recycle bin. I did find something that you may find useful though.

To keep icons lined up: Right-click the desktop and select properties. Click desktop tab, and click Customize Desktop. Click Web tab, and check Lock Desktop items. Click OK->Apply->OK for the changes to take effect. Again, this will just keep them lined up, but you can still move them, even to the recycle bin.

I am sure that there is a third-party application that will do what you want, but that was the closest information that I found, already in the OS (Operating System).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/5554/locking-the-desktop/
Relevancy 31.39%

Over the last week, my computer has been locking/freezing up and I can't figure out why. The mouse will still move, but the pointer becomes an hour glass and I cannot click on anything. To me it seems like it is trying to run something, but it doesn't do anything. I ran Norton and TrendMicro and everything came up clean. I ran AdAware and Spyware Blaster and got rid of what they found. This morning, my computer locked/froze right after start-up and when I tried to force restart, it said "ending apphelp1.exe" and then "ending explorer.exe". Any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/freezing-locking-up-13933.html
Relevancy 31.39%

hello all,

i just built a new system and it has been running great until a few days ago. every so often the machine will make a little beep and completely lock up. i have to turn the computer off to reset it. normally it has come back up no problem. once it came up to the screen where it asks you if you wanna boot in safe mode or not. i booted in normal and it was fine. it's happened about 7 times total. i defraged my system and at about 85% complete it sent me to this blue screen that said it had a critical error. it said i should try rebooting. it said something about timing or something. i am not sure what that means, i hope you all do. it said if it happens again i should disable caching or shadowing in my bios, whatever that is. any ideas?
thanks
E.POpe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-system-locking-up-20390.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi My computer is starting to freeze and lock up often this happens during things such as ipod syncs and even general web browsing occasionally it will just reboot I ran malwarebytes antimalware and removed win Gamevance but this hasn t helped I think there is something Up Locking Keeps Computer lurking in the machine I tried to run GMER times but before it finishes the computer locks up so I m only including the DDS logs Thanks for all your help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Enabled Updated A C F E - FDE- -AFAE- EFC EDE AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D FW avast Antivirus Disabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system Computer Keeps Locking Up svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exeC Program Files Autorun Eater oldmcdonald exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Autorun Eater billy exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Computer Keeps Locking Up Settings Scott Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www comcast net uSearch Page hxxp www google comuSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q smSearchAssistant mURLSearchHooks H - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO E - B - B- B- E B C - No FileBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllBHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class e fb- dd- f -b ac-b cae f a - c program files epson epson web-to-page EPSON Web-To-Page dllTB AIM Toolbar de c f- - a - b-aa ed d - c program files aol aim toolbar aoltb dllTB EPSON Web-To-Page ee d f- b- - d-c b aaeba d - c program files epson epson web-to-page EPSON Web-To-Page dllTB amp Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllTB D -D - -BAB -AB A - No FileuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exeuRun Advanced SystemCare quot c program files iobit advanced systemcare AWC exe quot startupmRun WinPatrol c program files billp studios winpatrol winpatrol exe -expressbootmRun Autorun Eater c program files autorun eater oldmcdonald exemRun avast quot c program files alwil software avast avastUI exe quot noguiIE amp AIM Search - c program files aol aim toolbar resources en-us local search htmlIE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE A- - f c- - EE C C IE AD F C-ED - e -B D - B F A EF - c program files pokerstars PokerStarsUpdate exeIE AF D- E - bda- -B C... Read more

A:Computer Keeps Locking Up

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. [/b]If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/377495/computer-keeps-locking-up/
Relevancy 31.39%

I wonder if there is a way to prevent tiles from dragging on the start screen? Hard to believe MS left this out! I often drag or swipe across the start screen and move a tile wo/ intending to. This happens often on the touch screen of my Samsung slate. Not sure if it happens as easily with a mouse. Perhaps that's why I've never seen it mentioned on these forums.

Anyway, there is an option to lock the taskbar, so why not the tiles?

A:Locking tiles?

There is no option to lock Desktop icons, so why would that be needed?

This doesn't happen with a mouse as you just scroll with the keyboard, scroll wheel or just move the mouse pointer. Maybe try swiping around to avoid the tiles?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/13445-locking-tiles.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I am running Windows XP Home along with Firefox. How long this problem
has been occurring I do not know as It`s not something i do often.
When I run a search for a certain pic that I lost off my desktop, it brings
up a whole raftfull and then as I start looking for the one I`m interested
in, they all suddenly disappear, along with everything else on my desktop
except the desktop pic I am currently useing, also most of the quick launch
icons disappear and everything locks up. To get back to normal from this
point I have to restart and everything loads up and works properly.
Has anyone else had this problem and could help me out ?
Thanks,
Frank.

A:Solved: Locking up.

I think after installing a fresh copy of windows this problem will be solved! or if you have install fresh windows and still this is occuring then it is possible that there is some problem with the copy of windows you are using!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-locking-up.435424/
Relevancy 31.39%

I moved to Las Vegas last summer and of course it can get hot here With temperatures in my room sometimes around -degrees my computer would often issues locking up lock up and not want to function in the heat Over the winter I haven t had any problems and have left my system on around the clock Though being that spring is here my system has started locking up a bit on me again Problem is my room temperature now is only around degrees so my computer shouldn t be locking up as this is normal room temperature I was planning to just get a new hard drive though I thought perhaps it might not be the hard drive that needs replaced but something more quot important quot to my system such as the CPU or motherboard which I hope it isnt Two things have been locking up my computer recently I have a defragmenting program set to run at nighttime and I ve woken up locking up issues the past two mornings with my system frozen The other process is when I m uploading music files from CD into a software program called SonicStage a program for converting uploading music files to a Sony MiniDisc player The file is put to the hard drive from CD and converted to a different format at the same time and the computer locks up often during this Other than these two problems I haven t really had issues Though my computer is obviously not functioning correctly and I need to look into getting it fixed Is this just perhaps a hard drive problem or could it be something else And how can I go about figuring it out nbsp

Relevancy 31.39%

My Chromebook will come on for a few minutes and then lock up. Cursor doesn't move. Only way to turn off is hold power button over 15 secs. I've troubleshooted with Walmart tech support ( bc I had a warranty when I bought it), they did hold the power button down for 30 secs. Worked for a few days. Eventually it would just blink on and back off. I just started back using it after 5-6 months. It's still freezing. Any suggestions other than get another laptop??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Chromebook-locking-up/td-p/5779543
Relevancy 31.39%

hey guys im using locking system help down with belarc advisor and have everything done except things from being a here they are under Additional Security Settings sections Disable Autoplay from the Default Profile under user rights section Deny Access to this Computer from the Network for number ive tried alot of registry hacks used tweak ui and even tried the device manager tab but heres wat it says for number Quote Disable autoplay from any disk type regardless of application Although it is convenient for help with locking down system applications to automatically run when Windows Explorer opens up it can also cause applications to be executed against the wishes of an administrative help with locking down system user and exploiting that privilege Set this value to to prevent any type of drive from automatically launching an application from Windows Explorer Disable autoplay for help with locking down system the current user Quote Disable autoplay for new users by default Similar to the autoplay settings above this enforces the policy for any new profiles created on the workstation and for it says this Quote Deny access to this computer from the network The quot Deny Access quot user rights always supercede the quot Allow Access quot user rights so that if a user is listed under both user rights that user will be denied access If there are no users who should be allowed access to a computer from the network the Everyone group should be listed in the quot Deny Access to this computer from the network quot user right

A:help with locking down system

ok got the deny to a check mark, now still cant figure out the disable autoplay one. any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-locking-down-system-153962.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a 2 year old Dell computer running on Windows XP Home Edition. Recently, my screensaver (collection of family photos) began locking up. Sometimes the photos will not cycle. Each time I try to turn off the screensaver, it is slow to respond. Moving the mouse or even hitting the escape button does not immediately clear the screensaver. Sometimes it takes nearly 1 minute for the screensaver to respond.

Any ideas as to the cause and a fix?

Thanks in advance.

A:Screensaver locking up

In the folder you have selected for "my screensaver" what file types are in there. Are there any file types that are not image files and is it possible one or more files in there are corrupt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screensaver-locking-up.440235/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi Having spent hours with Tetonbob getting my system running fine it's started playing up again The problem is occuring at startup So as long as up System locking I don't shut my machine down it's fine but that's not always convenient System locking up On Startup I auto System locking up load AdWatch and PCTools Registry Mechanic System locking up During startup or at other times when starting other software that is corrupt I get the message that Dr Watson has encountered a problem so there is obviously something wrong with that Presumably it runs whenever a program crashes I guessed the problem at Startup was Registry Mechanic so I reinstalled that but the problem is persisting I wonder if some of my XP files are corrupt I tried doing a repair using the instructions from Microsoft but my version of XP is an update and although I insert my old CD of ' I can't get it to go into Repair Console At present what is happening is Registry Mechanic starts then AdWatch I let them both run then when Registry Mechaninc has finished click on repair When it's finished I click on close the Dr Watson reports it's problem Registry Mechanic won't close so I start Task Manager which shows Registry Mechanin is not responding so I try and close it from Task Manager Get the message that I am trying to close the non-responding program so click on End Nothing happens If I click on shutdon in Task Manager I can get out of it and can restart my machine but it I close Task Manager I get the hour glass that just sits there I've gone into safe mode and done a system restore but I've lost a lot of programs and Dr Watson is still failing At least I've been able to get onto the net to send this I saw a similar thread from cjd and following Chaufeur 's post have downloaded Everest The log of that follows Do you have any suggestions firstly what might be wrong and secondly how I can repair Dr Watson Sorry that's so long winded but I was trying to give you as much info as possible Many thanks Pilot -------- EVEREST Home Edition c - Lavalys Inc ------------------------------------------------------------ Version EVEREST v Homepage http www lavalys com Report Type Quick Report Computer HOME Generator Pilot Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition WinXP Retail Date - - Time -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Computer Name HOME User Name Pilot Motherboard CPU Type AMD Athlon XP MHz x Motherboard Name Chaintech NIF PCI AGP DDR DIMM Audio Video LAN Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce IGP System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce MX Integrated GPU MB Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce MX Integrated GPU MB D Accelerator nVIDIA nForce Monitor CTX PR F Series quot CRT Monitor CTX PR F Series quot CRT Multimedia Audio Adapter MPU- -compatible Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP - Audio Codec Interface Storage IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive Maxtor U GB RPM Ultra-ATA Disk Drive HDT DLAT GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive DVDRW IDE X Optical Drive LG DVD-ROM DRD B x x DVD-ROM SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free F NTFS MB MB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard PC AT Enhanced PS Keyboard -Key Mouse Microsoft USB Wireless Mouse IntelliPoint Network Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Modem Lucent Win Modem Peripherals Printer EPSON Stylus COLOR Printer Fax Printer HP LaserJet IIIP USB Controller nVIDIA MCP - OHCI USB Controller USB Controller nVIDIA MCP - OHCI USB Controller USB Controller nVIDIA MCP - EHCI USB Controller USB Device CTX HID Monitor Controls USB Device CTX USB Hub USB Device Generic USB Hub USB Device Unknown Device US... Read more

A:System locking up

Hi John

I looked at your HiJack This thread over in the Security forums, and it seems you have had a lot of trouble indeed while cleaning the system. Since trouble has reappeared so quickly (only a week later) - there is the possibility that there is still a malware presence - or simply leftover file/Registry damage.

During your repairs, can I assume you disabled System Restore? [This deletes all existing restore points]. You can tell whether or not you did this, by remembering the date to which you restored to: if the date was earlier than 10/5/2006 (the date of your last system-cleaning in the HiJackThis forums), then you didn't have System Restore disabled. If the restore point was more than a week or so prior to the cleanup, you may have re-introduced infections when restoring.

If you used a recent restore point (one dated since 10/5/2006), then you shouldn't have lost much in the way of program functionality, unless you've installed programs in the last week.

Another thing I'd like you to check, if you haven't already - is check for rootkits. F-Secure has extended the free trial period for its BlackLight Rootkit detection tool until January 2007 - so you are in luck (it had previously been set to expire October 2006). Rootkits can hide malware from many anti-malware scanners - and from Windows itself [it's often compared to a "cloaking device" or a "stealth" presence -- the files are not visible in Windows Explorer, Regedit, or other normal means - no matter what the permissions or view settings are]. To read an introductory article about rootkits, here's a link --- http://www.f-secure.com/blacklight/rootkit.html
You can download the trial version of BlackLight from this link --- http://www.f-secure.com/blacklight/try_blacklight.html

You mentioned worrying that your system files were corrupt, and tried to either reinstall - or use the Recovery Console to try for repairs. In-place reinstallations of XP can be a rough go (hazardous to your data & system stability) - especially on machines that have experienced serious infections (such as yours). In cases such as yours, especially when a DVD-RW - or an extra hard drive - are handy, I generally recommend saving personal data to removeable media (or a zeroed hard drive), flashing the computer's Bios, zero-writing the hard drives, and doing a clean install. All of this is done off-line. Since I've been having to make this recommendation more often lately [as the security threat of rootkits and other successful "zero-day" attacks have increased], I've started to put together a little guide for this sort of "Starting Over" (but it's not finished yet -- I'll post it here on the forums when it's done). But you might not have to take this drastic approach just yet.
To attempt to reconcile any corrupted system files, boot into Safe Mode (NOT with networking - disconnect your ethernet cables and/or wireless before starting - and do not choose Safe Mode with Network support). Then from the Start/Run box, type

sfc /scannow

This will run the XP version of the System File Checker (also called "Windows File Protection" in XP). You'll need your Windows XP CD handy (or point to the XP .cab files on your hard drive).
He's not the problem, he's the detective-on-the-scene. While still in Safe Mode, go to Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Event Viewer -- and look to see the errors listed for the last few system hang or system crash events. To view the details for an event, right-click it, and choose "Properties" --> this can give you clues as to which program is causing the trouble at startup.

Re: AntiMalware Tools
Remember that only one active real-time antivirus can be running at a time. Only one active real-time antispyware scanner can be running at a time [you can have many antispyware tools installed, but only one gets the privile... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-locking-up-120774.html
Relevancy 31.39%

My Vista 64 bit, Home Premium keeps locking up.(remember Windows 95?)

Can't even make CNTRL_ALT_DEL work, so I must resort to the ultimate delete button, RESET. Very frustrating because it takes a minimum of 5 minutes before the log-in is stable enough to continue. Any fixes?

A:Vista locking up

Probably something you installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-locking-up.649213/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have tried everything that I have found Re-install Verify Game Cache Change the video txt quot setting mem level quot to Install drivers Update windows Removed launch options But when i move my mouse from the USB port in the back to the top my controls! locking CS: up GO is of my tower It works fine I dont get this because I have played this game fine since August and if I have to but a new computer just to play CS even though my friend does not have this issue and he has CS: GO is locking up my controls! FPS Either this is on Valve or something in my computer went horribly wrong If anyone has a fix that might work please give it my way CS: GO is locking up my controls! If this is an OS error I guess I will wait for my reserved copy of Windows My PC is a potato Example Game locks when I'm holding the quot W quot key My PC stops receiving any more information and act like all I am doing is holding down the quot W quot key until my PC is turned off

http://www.pchelpforum.com/gaming/125354-cs-go-locking-up-my-controls.html
Relevancy 31.39%

my computer has been locking up every minute or so not sure if its a software problem or what when it happens eerything freezes for about seconds its also pretty much impossible to turn off the computer it just sits there when it happens the fan also turns for a few seconds this is annoying as hell Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC Locking Up Keeps Computer WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System wltrysvc exeC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS Computer Keeps Locking Up system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Computer Keeps Locking Up Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exec program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exec PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr Computer Keeps Locking Up exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exeC PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MskAgent exeC Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exec progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files PeerGuardian pg exeC Program Files Gadwin Systems PrintScreen PrintScreen exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat RocketDock RocketDock exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exeC WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat UberIcon UberIcon Manager exeC WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat YzShadow YzShadow exeC Program Files AIM aolsoftware exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www washingtonpost com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www gateway com g startpage html Ch TB amp M MX R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO McAfee AntiPhishing Filter - D ED - CFF- - A - EBB AF - c PROGRA mcafee SPAMKI mcapfbho dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-... Read more

A:Computer Keeps Locking Up

I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please post a brand new hijackthis log. If we do not hear back from you within a couple of days we will need to close your topic.When posting your logs please post them directly into the reply. Do not attach them.Also make sure you have already followed the steps outlined below:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis LogThank you for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/118594/computer-keeps-locking-up/
Relevancy 31.39%

So yesterday I went to the HP site and updated all of the "recommended" drivers. There was one driver that I updated where when I had to restart, my pc would lock up during the restart process. The pc would either lock up as soon as it restarts (the pc turns off then as soon as it turns back on it'll lock up) or it'll lock up at the HP logo loading screen. I did a system restore to try and fix the problem and as soon as the restart part started, it locked up again. So I had to hold the power button down to turn off my pc. I turned it back on and it wouldn't boot up, so I had to do a factory restore.

A:PC locking up during restart

Okay.... so did that fix it? I dont get what you are trying to say here.

If your still having an issue where it wont boot, Ive seen some HP machines that will get stuck in boot sequence when some peripherals are connected to the USB ports. If it keeps happening, unplug anything you have connected to the USB ports and try again.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/71825-pc-locking-up-during-restart.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I installed a PCI usb3.0 card yesterday and today the computer is constantly locking up cant do anything except power down and restart, also my computer updated win 10 to the newest build 2 day's ago 14291 rs1 160314 2254. Im not sure which is causing the issue I might have to remove the PCI card.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/44791-my-computer-locking-up-now.html
Relevancy 31.39%

So recently I'm having random problems with the internet quot locking up quot I've had computers hooked up to a -Wire Gateway DSL Modem for years with no other router and Windows Firewall Both comps have Win XP Home SP and both Windows are updated For some reason ONLY the nd computer internet connection will randomly lockup and I will have to reboot in order to gain internet connection again The other computer's internet is not disrupted Sometimes its an hour and sometimes twelve hours I've run Norton Anti-Virus Ad-aware Spy-Bot and physically checked the wiring Locking Up Internet to make sure nothing was loose Some advice I received from another msg board Next time it happens see if you have lost your IP address on the computer that is not working It might be your IP address is expiring and it is having troubles renewing it's IP To check your IP address go to Start- gt Run - gt Type quot CMD quot without the quotes In the dos box type quot IPCONFIG quot Check to make sure it has a IP listed If no IP address shows but an error message type quot IPCONFIG RENEW quot I have checked the IPCONFIG b and after I lose internet and it reads the same If Shareaza has been running for awhile and I go to search or start a paused file it seems to greatly increase Internet Locking Up the chances of locking up Shareaza is not the culprit though cause I get locked up randomly even if Shareaza isn't running Anyone know if there is a computer log somewhere I could find out what is shutting down my internet Any advice or suggestions are appreciated thanks

A:Internet Locking Up

Hi there...

check your Event Log for any errors/warnings/alerts that relate to the locking up.

Start -> Run -> type:
eventvwr
Click OK

Check both the Application and System keys :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-locking-up-109963.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I was wanting to know where I can lock the background for XP, or just remove the tab in video settings(right clicking desktop and going to properties) so *******s can't change my settings x.x I know I can do it with programs like tweak now power pack, but I don't have those at work, nor can I install them.

And WORD REMOVED is in the filters? since when was that a derogatory word?

Language edited by AcaCandy.