Windows Support Forum

installed 4x port usb to Window 7 pc - USB wont read + win7 "FATAL ERROR" message

Q: installed 4x port usb to Window 7 pc - USB wont read + win7 "FATAL ERROR" message

Hi

I have a
win7 64bit
Processor Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30Ghz 3.60Ghz
8GB Ram
Manufacture : Gigabyte
Rating: 5.0 Window experience Index

I have brought a 4 USB 3.0 2.0 PCI-E PCIE USB Port Express Expansion card

I fitted it to my pc, loaded the drivers and it was working great until I went to close down the pc, it came up with fatal error it shutdown my pc and i had to go into safe mode to remove the drivers for pci-e card. i have tried every pci slot x3 still not working.

Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: installed 4x port usb to Window 7 pc - USB wont read + win7 "FATAL ERROR" message

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: installed 4x port usb to Window 7 pc - USB wont read + win7 "FATAL ERROR" message

Quote:

Originally Posted by soash

Hi

I have a
win7 64bit
Processor Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30Ghz 3.60Ghz
8GB Ram
Manufacture : Gigabyte
Rating: 5.0 Window experience Index

I have brought a 4 USB 3.0 2.0 PCI-E PCIE USB Port Express Expansion card

I fitted it to my pc, loaded the drivers and it was working great until I went to close down the pc, it came up with fatal error it shutdown my pc and i had to go into safe mode to remove the drivers for pci-e card. i have tried every pci slot x3 still not working.

Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Thanks

Check your BIOS for settings on that port you seated that pci card in.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installed-4x-port-usb-to-window-7-pc-usb-wont-read-win7-fatal-error-message-646284.html
Relevancy 93.93%

Hi

I have a win7 pc and have brought a 4 port USB card. Ive installed the software and hardware and it has ut does not recognise any USB device I attach.
Today windows (7) started reporting power surge. Does anyone know what the problem might be.

x4 USB 3.0 2.0 PCI-E PCIE USB PORTS Express Expansion Card Adapter - UK SELLER | eBay

Thanks

A:installed 4x port usb to Window 7 pc - USB wont read + win7 started reporting power

Hi check the card is firmly seated does it show up in device manager or the bios

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installed-4x-port-usb-to-window-7-pc-usb-wont-read-win7-started-reporting-power-643186.html
Relevancy 108.79%
Relevancy 108.79%

Help!!! I get an error message "RichFX fatal error" when trying to instal Real Player 10. Does anyone know how to fix this???

A:Error Message "RichFX fatal error" when trying to instal Real Player 10

Closing thread. Please continue here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=278276

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-richfx-fatal-error-when-trying-to-instal-real-player-10.278289/
Relevancy 108.79%

When I try to install real player 10, I get a message that says "RichFX Fatal Error". what does this mean? I have a prez du 2moro, and i need real!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!

A:HELP!!!!! Error Message "RichFX Fatal Error" comes up when installing Real Player 10

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-error-message-richfx-fatal-error-comes-up-when-installing-real-player-10.278276/
Relevancy 108.36%

My computer recently crashed I didn t pay attention to the first message because like most people I m constantly getting an error message of some type so I didn t pay much attention to this one - until the screen requested product complete message: install Error "failed system to Fatal catalogs" - shutdown the installation CD to be run When I did that setup began running through the initial processes until the quot installing windows quot segment - when I received the following message Fatal Error An error has been encountered that prevents setup from continuing Fatal Error message: "failed to install product catalogs" - complete system shutdown Setup failed to install the product catalogs This is a fatal error The setup log files should contain more information Press OK to view the Fatal Error message: "failed to install product catalogs" - complete system shutdown setup log file Pressing OK I read Error The signature for Windows XP Home Edition upgrade is invalid The error code is fffffdda The system cannot find message text for message number xfffffdda in the message file for syssetup dll Fatal Error Setup failed to install the product Fatal Error message: "failed to install product catalogs" - complete system shutdown catalogs This is a fatal error The setup log files should contain more information Error same as above Fatal Error same as above Fatal Error One of the components that Windows needs to continue setup could not be installed The operation was cancelled by the user Fatal Error same as immediately above The error and fatal error messages then return to the initial two messages listed above - repeated several times Pressing OK restarts the system and the process happens all over again I do have a valid copy of WinNT which was preinstalled on my computer so I m not sure why the first message is saying it s invalid I m currently on my old PC but I can switch back as needed Any information guidance advice is much appreciated Thanks in advance is it as bad as i think it is nbsp

A:Fatal Error message: "failed to install product catalogs" - complete system shutdown

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fatal-error-message-failed-to-install-product-catalogs-complete-system-shutdown.280883/
Relevancy 104.49%

So something happened to my Windows partition this morning I got a cannot "Disk read partition error", Win7 boot random BSOD while working and now Windows won't post Instead I'm greeting with this Quote A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart If I boot from my Windows DVD and attempt a startup repair it does not recognize any windows installation so it doesn't really do anything when "Disk read error", cannot boot Win7 partition I attempt the startup repair All it says is Quote Root cause found System "Disk read error", cannot boot Win7 partition volume on disk is corrupt Repair action File system repair chkdsk Result Completed successfully Error code x When I go to command prompt I cannot access my C partition at all I can however access my D partition from the same hard drive which has all my data I've tried some bootrec commands but it didn't seem to fix it I've used Diskpart to make the C partition active Diskpart can still see the C partition but I can't seem to get access to the partition Worst case scenario I could format the C partition and make a clean install I may have to because previously my windows install wasn't running so well However I'd really like to be able to access the C partition first to backup my settings and programs Really hoping someone here could offer some helpful suggestions Thanks very much

A:"Disk read error", cannot boot Win7 partition

Here's some more info. When I go to command prompt from the Windows DVD and run the command bootsect.exe /nt60 all /force, for the C:\ drive it says:

Quote:
Could not open the volume root directory:
The parameter is incorrect

When I try to access the C:\ drive from the command prompt, it says "The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable"

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/138761-disk-read-error-cannot-boot-win7-partition.html
Relevancy 104.49%

Hello registered to get some help with setting up a desktop PC seven forums seems like good place to start I've made a bootable USB Win x installation stick using Rufus following the instructions to the letter and the PC Win7 "A Ocurred" USB Read bootable Error Disk gave me quot A disk read error occured quot on boot I formatted it in NTFS bytes allocation unit Win7 bootable USB "A Disk Read Error Ocurred" size and i'm having doubts if this is the correct way to do it I've repeated the process with Yumi USB Creator and the speed at which it was copying the files was rather slow - around KB s Now i've successfuly booted the USB but when i start the installation te Windows Boot Manager gives me this imgur the simple image sharer My main question is am i Win7 bootable USB "A Disk Read Error Ocurred" doing something wrong with how i prepare the USB do i need to format it again in a different way or is it something with how the PC Win7 bootable USB "A Disk Read Error Ocurred" is set up in BIOS it does see the stick just doesn't want to boot It's a relatively old machine i built for the household from parts i scrounged up from my attic specs are in my profile Thanks in advance Aeqvinox

A:Win7 bootable USB "A Disk Read Error Ocurred"

If it's not UEFI BIOS then I'd use the latest official ISO and download tool in Clean Reinstall Windows 7
then stick with those steps to get and keep a perfect install.

For any further problem Troubleshoot Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/358395-win7-bootable-usb-disk-read-error-ocurred.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Dear "Power Error Hub pops Port" up message on Surge - at SystemTray frienda A disgusting error message pops up at my System Tray frequently like this- Power Surge on Hub Port A USB Port has exceeded the power limits of its hub port For assistance in solving this problem click this message When I click on this message Icon at the system tray a window in the name of Poer Surge on Hub Port opens with the follwing text A USB device has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of its hub port You should disconnect the device The location of the device is shown in bold type USB Root Hub ports Unused port Unused port Unused port Unused port Unused port Unused port Unused port Unused port Recommendation To enable the port disconnect the Hardware and click quot Reset quot If you click quot Close "Power Surge on Hub Port" - Error message pops up at SystemTray quot the port will no longer function Reset Close My problem is I am unable to understand the meaning of this error message Which hardware should I disconnect from the USB port As far as I know I am not facing any hardware problems All my devices are working fine Can any one please help me to solve this problem to eliminate this frequent error message Thank you Sincerely yours nkrao nbsp

A:"Power Surge on Hub Port" - Error message pops up at SystemTray

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-surge-on-hub-port-error-message-pops-up-at-systemtray.868019/
Relevancy 103.2%

My Computer:
Dell Dimension 5150
Windows XP
Media Centre Edition
Service Pack 2

When i start my computer it gives a problem "A disk read error occured press Ctrl+Alt+del to restart " and after i press Ctrl+Alt+del it comes back to this screen over and over again.

It first started when it seemed i caught a minor virus one day before (due to no updated virus protection). I decided to do restore my hard drive (ctrl-F11) since I had done this recently due to a major virus weeks earlier...so considering I had nothing much to lose I thought this as being the best option. Anyway this didnt work and still doesnt.

I dont believe I recieved a recovery CD from Dell as this is built inside the computers with the system recovery- that no longer works!

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks.

A:My Computer Wont Start. "A Disc Read Error Occured"

Your hard drive is bad or corrupt... You will have to get a Windows install disk, or take the computer to a repair shop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-wont-start-a-disc-read-error-occured.120061/
Relevancy 103.2%

Ok.. So i know i should not have tried it but i did.

Basically i was trying to install a version of windows xp on a vista computer. I first partitioned my drive using the computer management tool on vista and loaded up the xp cd to install on that partition. After installing it tried to reboot and now my computer wont boot up at all i get a "disk reads error" press ctrl alt delete.

I have tried recovering it from the recovery cd, but i cant seem to get it working, i really dont want to reset it to the original condition because i have things on there that i would really like to keep.

Anyway.. if you could help me it would GREATLY be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-wont-boot-disk-read-error-312736.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Hello I am getting an application error message when trying to launch PowerDVD v The instruction could be The not memory Error "read" message: Application at quot x c efe quot referenced memory at quot x bb quot The memory could not be quot read quot Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL Application Error message: The memory could not be "read" to debug the program Now here is what Application Error message: The memory could not be "read" I have tried already -Reinstall PowerDVD -Update graphics drivers GS -Ran memtest The error log states this Event Type Error Event Source Application Error Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer MAINPC- Description Faulting application pdr exe version faulting module vp dec ax version fault address x b For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data c Applicat f e c ion Fail ure pdr e e exe e e e in vp de e e c ax e e at f offset d b a I have tried the link provided but you have guested it no help from Microsoft I would attach minidumps but I do not have any as this is freshly reinstalled system Any help is appreciated Thanks Pioneer nbsp

A:Application Error message: The memory could not be "read"

According to your personal specs, this could be an XP-64 system.

The problem is XP systems are already not well-supported by hardware manufacture drivers, such as Pioneer, and 64-bit versions were never well-supported at all. As I see it, you can

(a) patiently wait until Pioneer get round to it
(b) forget Pioneer, use other DVD access software
(c) revert to XP-pro 32 bit
(d) upgrade to Vista-64 (I can't believe I said that, I would never do it myself !!)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/application-error-message-the-memory-could-not-be-read.110170/
Relevancy 102.34%

I recently burned a couple of CDS (filled with videos and mp3s) and MADE SURE that they worked properly and were burned correctly BEFORE I deleted the videos and mp3s from my computer. Well, I burned about 5 cds. I was checking over some of the CDs and 2 of the burned CDs dont want to work. I get the following error:

"Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with Windows"
Why am I gettin this? Im POSITIVE that the disk was burned correctly but now all of a sudden Im gettin this error. I got Windows XP SP2, Gateway Computer.

A:Error Message: "Windows Cannot Read From This Disk."

Are they in perfect condition?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-windows-cannot-read-from-this-disk.367042/
Relevancy 102.34%

WINDOWS XP. SOME PHOTO FILES WILL NOT OPEN WITH IRFANVIEW.
GET MESSAGE CAN'T READ FILE HEADER.
mugels, thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-cant-read-file-header.778518/
Relevancy 101.91%

I have been trying for weeks to install a Canon Pixma MX on my desktop under Windows XP Home Edition Despite various forum postings and advice I have been unable to do anything without getting the above error message Assuming I have corrupted the Registry I have restored all changes made by my Registry Editor and via Safe Mode restored the system to a date in September Drivers installed". newer already Error of "a RUBBISH! message version MP is long before I had tried to install the printer or delete any older Canon programs All these Canon programs and other entries in Canon Folders e g in Downloads have all been uninstalled using Revo with traces also being removed by Revo at the Advanced level But I still get the message quot A newer version of MP Drivers is already installed quot Is there any last chance of sorting this or will I have to erase the hard drive and do a complete clean re-installation I ve spent DAYS on this and am getting really frustrated with it nbsp

A:Error message "a newer version of MP Drivers is already installed". RUBBISH!

XP may be installing a default driver that is newer
than the one on the CD.
Plug in the camera.
Look in "my computer" to see if the camera shows up as a drive.
Check the canon website for software updates,if you need the software.
You may be able to browse the folders on the CD and run the
different setup programs for the software individually.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-a-newer-version-of-mp-drivers-is-already-installed-rubbish.963466/
Relevancy 101.48%

No new hardware added but in the balloon the follow is shown “Lite on dvddrw LH 20A1P USB device” why?

A:Solved: error message "new hardware installed" but there isn't

do you have that device connected to your computer? if so.

I would probably start by reinstalling the device, if it's detecting it as new hardware there is probably something wrong with the driver. potentially the usb slot its connected to is also having issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-error-message-new-hardware-installed-but-there-isnt.743286/
Relevancy 101.48%

After a few minutes of running the Dazzle movie maker program on my computer, the program begins to freeze up and I get this error message:

"The instruction at "0x77f8a67" referenced memory at "0x02360586". The memory could not be 'read'. Click on OK to terminate the program"

Could someone please tell me what's going on here?

I have WinXP, 512 mb of RAM, service pack 1 still (sp2 screwed up my computer so I did a system restore), and 2.19 GHz.

Thank you in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-could-not-be-read-error-message-25286.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hello,

I need help with this Diskette issue please. "Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure"
I've had this problem a few times in a couple of years and I have been able to fix the error by pressing F2 and going to the SETUP. And I've done this with no issues. But this time I thought I fixed it but now I get this new error: "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". After I press Ctrl+Alt+Del it takes me back to the same error massage "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". Need help please. This is a Dell Desktop, Windows XP.
Thank you.

Sue

A:"Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure" Error Then "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl..."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diskette-drive-0-seek-failure-error-then-a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl.1112549/
Relevancy 100.62%

Hey Guys first of all Hi to everyone on the forums its my first post Basically I have had this problem for a pretty long time "NEW INSTALLED!" CPU Startup Message At Error now every time I turn the computer on I get the message gt New CPU Installed Please enter SETUP to configure your system gt Press F to Run Error Message "NEW CPU INSTALLED!" At Startup Setup gt Press F to load default values and continue My computer works fine its just annoying to have to press F all the time This started happening when I re-attached my whole motherboard onto a new case about months ago Everything works fine but I get that message every time I Error Message "NEW CPU INSTALLED!" At Startup boot up the computer and have to press F all the time I tried switching the CMOS Jumpers from position - to - for seconds like the motherboard manual told me plugged the cord back in booted up but still the same problem I googled this matter but there wasn t really anyone who had had the same problem as me It seems like a rare problem My motherboard is a P P What do you guys think nbsp

Relevancy 99.33%

My system crashed recently and I have had to restore everything. I reinstalled Outlook 2007 and was able to restore my PST file from a backup I had using the genie backup product. All my files and folders are now restored.

When I click on the send/receive button, I get this message "The operation failed. An object could not be found"

I deleted my email setup account (I'm downloading from my att account) and re set it up using the instructions on the att site. I also ran the 'repair' function off the Office CD and did the Office diagnostics.

Any suggestions?

A:Solved: Outlook 2007 wont send/receive - error message "operation failed"

Can you give us the exact message.
Are you saying you did a clean install where you formatted and partitioned the drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2007-wont-send-receive-error-message-operation-failed.781581/
Relevancy 98.47%

I cannot open User Accounts in Control Panel, I keep getting ...

Microsoft (R) HTML Application host has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Anyone with a fix? . My appreciations in advance!

A:"User Accounts" in Control panel wont Open-Error is "Html application Host Error"

Do you have a recovery restore install disc or partition?
You can try doing a repair or system file check...
Scan For Missing/Corrupt System Files...

Windows XP comes with a wonderful tool called System File Checker (SFC)
Itscans and verifies the versions of all protected system files after you restart your computer...
To Do This:
Click Start menu, and then click the Run icon.
In the small box that Opens, type the three letters: cmd then click the OK button.
In the command prompt window that just opened (a black background and white text), type the following command:
SFC /scannow
And then click OK
You must be logged on as a member of the Administrators group to run SFC..
You will need your Windows XP CD during this procedure if SFC needs to get an original file. Please remember that Windows XP can have multiple instances of a .DLL file and remember which version is for which program.
Notes....
I have been asked if it is possible to have a "progress meter" show when SFC runs... This is the registry hack you need. PLEASE do not go messing with your registry if you do NOT know what you are doing!
System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
Value Name: SFCShowProgress
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-in-control-panel-wont-open-error-is-html-application-host-error.744934/
Relevancy 98.04%

I have a big problem here,
I have used my hard disk for 9month,
Yesterday when I watched movie on the half way,
My hard disk suddenly disfuntion,
And I thought my laptop problem due to always lagging so I restart my computer.
But after that I can't read my hard disk (WD)in my computer.
It can read in computer management there.

Ways I try:
1)I try to uninstall and reinstalled again,BUT it doesn't work.
2)I try to unchecked the hide folder and device at view.
3)I try to update the software BUT it still disfunction.
4)I try to use disk management and initialized it BUT there appeared CANNOT INITIALIZED Due to I/O device error.

Any solution for me ?

A:Hard Disk can't read in "my computer ", "initialized",I/O device error

The most usual cause is that the Hard Drive is beginning to fail. Back up your stuff. Go to the website of the manufacturer and test the drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335190-hard-disk-cant-read-my-computer-initialized-i-o-device-error.html
Relevancy 97.61%

whenever i open task scheduler I keep getting the message

Error: selected task (o) no longer exists. To see the current tasks click refresh.

even after repeated clicking refresh the same message is displayed.

also on both task status and active tasks it says Reading data failed

wats happening?

A:Task scheduler (win7) fails to read data. Error: "selected task (o) no longer exits"

Can you not remove (o) from the scheduled task list?

If not then it might be that Task Scheduler has been corrupted by something, not sure how task scheduler is stored, but in system32 there is 3 files (taskschd.dll, taskschd.exe, TaskSchdPS.dll) that are all related to Task Scheduler, but not sure if any of them could be the cause of this issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/task-scheduler-win7-fails-to-read-data-error-selected-task-o-no-longer-exits-499379.html
Relevancy 96.75%

as described in the title when i boot my laptop http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E R i get the quot disk read error - gt press cntrl alt del to restart quot message I then tried to access the backup partition through f only to run into this error quot status xc e Info an unexpected I O error has occurred quot it seems that it I/O read f10 occured"at "a in startup error" and "unexpected disk error cant communicate with my hard drive I read a few other forum posts but didnt see anyone have the xc e error also Bios boot priorities are in order if that matters Is there a fix without having to "a disk read error occured"at startup and "unexpected I/O error" in f10 replace the entire HD and buy a new vista installation preinstalled w no disc in the box Im very reluctant to take it to a service center as i can very likely fix it myself with the help of the friendly people here of course only problem is im having a "a disk read error occured"at startup and "unexpected I/O error" in f10 little trouble finding my HD in this damn notebook heh ill figure that part out new to notebook repair Thanks in advance Danny edit found the HD doesnt look like it even uses a cable just plugs right into what i assume is the mb dont know if that helps just supplying what i can nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-disk-read-error-occured-at-startup-and-unexpected-i-o-error-in-f10.773506/
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi Had a sudden inability to go much further than a third or forth-level download on ANY given webpage and then PC would seize-up error" error reports message seize-up attached) "DoPatch" - causing (HJT to "dll pc requiring quot cont alt del quot in order to get freed-up Thought perhaps I picked-up a bug of some sort during a recent google search and went immediately to Panda and Trendmicro to perform both virus as well as malware scans While the Panda scan was loading-up I received the following error message quot DoPatch dll reports error Error quot C WINNT patch utp quot unreadable or not a patch file quot Was able to complete both scans Nothing found other than tracking cookies I then did a file serch for the above and located it It was installed TODAY apparently and not by me within minutes of the problem starting I m guessing someone thing slipped this patch into my WINNT file or modified it while I was doing the google search so I have included a HJT scan below Hope this all makes sense and ties-out to something Any help would be genuinely appreciated- thanks Webz HIJACK SCAN BELOW Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon "DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached) exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system LEXBCES EXE C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe "DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached) C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmgr exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmon exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINNT system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings user My Documents security HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark Series quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run LXBRKsk C PROGRA LEXMAR LXBRKsk exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF CA F - B- A - -C EC HS live Control - http install homestead com site InstallFiles SIFiles lpxlive HS live cab O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x O - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent vc bin AvSniff cab O - DPF AA A -F F- -A - B F BB HS live Control - http install homestead com site InstallFiles SIFiles lpxlive HS live cab O - DPF E F- D - A - DD -E EEEC Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - ht... Read more

A:"DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached)

Bump for HJT expert

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dopatch-error-message-dll-reports-error-causing-pc-to-seize-up-hjt-attached.361399/
Relevancy 95.46%

How can I work around the following rror message "cannot copy file. cannot read source file or disk". I'm using Windows XP on a Gateway GT 4016

A:error message "cannot copy file. cannot read source file or disk"

Get a new disk or provide a whole lot more details about what you're trying to do and what program(s) you are trying to do "it" with.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-message-cannot-copy-file-cannot-read-source-file-or-disk-265761.html
Relevancy 92.88%

When I attempt to copy my OEM release of Windows XP Pro, I get "There has been a read error" and goes on to say that iot may affect the new CD. When I tell it not to continue, it gives me an error that the CD is copyrighted.

I can copy the CD just fine with Easy CD Creator.

Anyone have any enlightening comments about this?

A:Nero: "There has been a read error" also "The CD is Copyrighted"

I see the copyrighted message occasionally with Nero, though it doesn't affect the copy. I've copied XP disks before with no issues. I'd suspect that it's something about your installation of Nero, or it just doesn't like your CD-RW drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-there-has-been-a-read-error-also-the-cd-is-copyrighted.150705/
Relevancy 92.88%

Microsoft Updater says I have a critical update (KB2286198) to install but it fails and gives the message: "WindowsUpdate_80246007" "WindowsUpdate_dt000".

I've tried a couple of things that MS Support suggests but they don't work and don't seem to really apply to this particular error message. Searching for the error code 80246007 hasn't yielded anything yet that works.

Any ideas?

Gateway GT5622
x86 based PC
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz, 1800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Operating System Name: Windows Vista
Operating System Platform: NT/2000/XP/Vista
Operating System Major Version: 6
Operating System Minor Version: 0
Operating System Build Number: 6002
Service Pack Description: Service Pack 2

A:Update Error Message "WindowsUpdate_80246007" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/update-error-message-windowsupdate_80246007-windowsupdate_dt000.941849/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi --

I just migrated to a new hard drive and did a clean install of Win7 (did not have SP1 on the DVD).

During the Updating process, windows stopped working and I received an error, something about running Update again, etc. So I rebooted and finished the Upgrading process...no further problems noted.

However, I view the "Installed Updates" and see that KB2604114 and about 20 other updates "FAILED." But when I view the "Update History," it lists KB2604114 and the others as "installed."

I'm confused. Are the updates I'm referring to "FAILED" or are they properly installed?

Thanks!

A:Win7 - "View Update History" vs. "Installed Update"

In your description, you might have switched the observations.

"History" is a log that tracks attempts at installing specific updates. One user might have multiple failed attempts for a particular update; or multiple successful attempts if one was looking for a source of a problem.

"Installed updates" records the last successful installation of a specific update; no timestamp, just the date.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/247462-win7-view-update-history-vs-installed-update.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi guys Before hand pls forgive my english not my first language I ll try my best and thank you for any help and pls forgive my ignorance at this respect Ok my trouble is this I tried to Add information to a CD-RW rewritable disc memorex MB- mins But it says its was full well I try to right click on it and delete the file but it didn t let me a error message appeared saying quot Cannot delete the Files on this CD are read only You can still copy new files to this writable CD wich will replace files already on the disc quot Well so I try to do that quot again quot But NO GO I tried and it display a message saying that the discs is full again The capacity of the rewritable disc is of MB the new file to add it s about MB and the existent file on disc is just so is not full at the capacity of the disc It says to insert a writable discs as well Ok well so I tried to delete the file with a rth party app So I try to use NERO to delete the rewritable disc I place the disc select delete a cd dvd rw disc then option of quick delete or full delete appears but NERO doesn t even recognize it as a rewritable disc What do I m missing here Is there an application that can DELETE the data quot files and folders quot from a Rewritable disc same thing with Ashampoo cant delete the rewritable disc I already tried this applications that claimed they can delete a Re-writable Can't delete Solved: discs files"" "read error only CD-RW disc Asshampoo No go Nero No go Microsoft says something about individual packets and try Solved: Can't delete CD-RW discs error "read only files"" to reformat the disc or delete the complete disc But how can I delete the disc if it says that the files are quot read only quot and cannot be delete it and if it don t even recognize it s a rewritable disc Pls guys can you Help me I don t have to buy more discs now so I need to reuse this ones I have at hand I will appreciate any help and for pointing me at the right direction I m just confused now with this Toti nbsp

Relevancy 91.59%

I just upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Win7 professional x64 hoping to fix the above mentioned problem. After a complete re-install Im getting the same errors.

Im not sure of the proper terminology here, but during startup the computer does a scan of all hardware and "Volume 0" has a "failed" message.

The odd thing is that sometimes after a few restarts and pointless boot menu visits the computer starts up fine.

I tried windows repair feature by booting from the disk, but when I get to the window where i select the operating system to repair, its empty. Drive C, where the operating system is, is not showing.

I have a feeling that the hard drive itself has gone bad and is very unstable. Please let me know if I'm missing something or we just need to get a new HD.

Thank you

A:Win7 pro startup error "Boot MGR missing"/"Operating System Not Found

What type of hdd do you have. For example if you have a Seagate drive, there is software you can run to do a diagonostic on the hdd before the operating system boots.
This would be a good idea, especially if you were having same issues when Vista Home Premium was installed first.

Do you have more than one hdd installed. If yes, make sure in BIOS settings, the proper drive is selected for First Boot. And better yet make sure its the only drive attached when booting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/185400-win7-pro-startup-error-boot-mgr-missing-operating-system-not-found.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I have just upgraded to XP. But it didn't come with a photo finishing software. I still have my software from Window works that has Picture It on it. My question is.... Can i just load Picture it alone from the number 3 disk (there's a series of 6 disks for all the other programs), or do i have to install all 6 or worse yet, is it not possible at all?

A:Installing "Picture It" from a window works cd for ME on a newly installed XP?

I wouldn't risk it. Windows ME is based on Windows 98 which is FAT32. Windows XP uses NTFS. Just use Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0 or Picasa from Google. Both are free. Or use Kodak's free photo editing software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-picture-it-from-a-window-works-cd-for-me-on-a-newly-installed-xp.655572/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello,

I was trying to use the Vista boot to format a drive that wouldn't let me boot properly... In the process I ended up installing Vista (I deleted a partition and just clicked on stuff automatically cos I assumed it was the same bla bla, but it wasn't)

Anyways, I wanna know if I can recover my old Win7? It's placed in Windows.Old now and Vista is the OS that launches of course.

Thank you

A:Accidentally installed Vista and made it put the Win7 files into "Windows.Old"

You can re-install 7 and it will let you choose which OS to boot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/accidentally-installed-vista-and-made-it-put-the-win7-files-into-windows-old-424068.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi all

Just joined the forum J

I have just upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit and I notice that after installation I now have two program File directorys. One called ?Program Files? and the other ?Program Files (x86).

Do I need both or can I delete the ?Program Files? one which I am guessing is the old 32 bit stuff.

By way of further information: I started out with Windows XP installed. I then did a upgrade install of windows 7 32 bit. I then decided to go 64 bit so I used the custom/fresh install option of the 64 bit upgrade which has left me with this possibly redundant ?Program Files? directory.

Any help of suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance

Kenny

A:Win7 64bit installed can i now delete the extra "Program files" dir?

No, its still needed and anyway the system wont let you do it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/259180-win7-64bit-installed-can-i-now-delete-extra-program-files-dir.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi guys I have been trying to install Win SP on my Lenovo SL laptop for the showing keeps "successfully" Update in Windows SP1 but installed Win7 last couple of weeks now without success The laptop would reboot and indicate configuring service pack run till about - and restart after trying for a while I have tried the steps stated on Troubleshoot problems installing Service Pack SP for Windows and Windows Server R - Windows Help without much success I have also downloaded the stand-alone and faced the Win7 SP1 "successfully" installed but keeps showing in Windows Update same symptom This is a fresh factory restore and I have not used any regcleaners on this laptop Some of the error codes encountered were B F with the latest being This is what my update history looks like as attached Though it indicates that SP has been successfully installed it is not listed under installed updates I ran CheckSUR and no errors were found in the log I ran SFC and no integrity violations were found Here is my MGADiag report Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -MV MH- QJM- Windows Product Key Hash wgci Gdejx esg zTOe LWF Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID B EA- C - F- D A-F F D C Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Standard - Genuine OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics B D AA B- - B D AA B- - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - E AD EA- -d E AD EA- - E AD EA- - E AD EA- -b a E AD EA- - E AD EA- - E B - - B D AA B- - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll Hr x Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt B EA- C - F- D A-F F D C lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt LENOVO lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt CDA lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt LENOVO lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt JET WW lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt BBB FA lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Malay Peninsula Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt LENOVO lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt TP- J lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineDa... Read more

A:Win7 SP1 "successfully" installed but keeps showing in Windows Update

Are you talking about the new small Service Pack 1 update ?

Your windows already shows Service Pack 1 in system properties doesn`t it ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/365083-win7-sp1-successfully-installed-but-keeps-showing-windows-update.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi I have Windows SP Unattend the Sysprep" witch error during "Fatal of The error execution -bit in Audit mode and I put the Unattend xml file Code lt xml version quot quot encoding The "Fatal error during the execution of Sysprep" error witch Unattend quot utf- quot gt lt unattend xmlns quot urn schemas-microsoft-com The "Fatal error during the execution of Sysprep" error witch Unattend unattend quot gt lt settings pass quot generalize quot gt lt component name quot Microsoft-Windows-Security-Licensing-SLC quot processorArchitecture quot x quot lt xml version quot quot encoding quot utf- quot gt lt unattend xmlns quot urn schemas-microsoft-com unattend quot gt lt settings pass quot generalize quot gt lt component name quot Microsoft-Windows-Security-Licensing-SLC quot processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot bf ad e quot language quot neutral quot versionScope quot nonSxS quot xmlns wcm quot http schemas microsoft com WMIConfig State quot xmlns xsi quot http www w org XMLSchema-instance quot gt lt SkipRearm gt lt SkipRearm gt lt component gt lt component name quot Microsoft-Windows-PnpSysprep quot processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot bf ad e quot language quot neutral quot versionScope quot nonSxS quot gt lt PersistAllDeviceInstalls gt true lt PersistAllDeviceInstalls gt lt component gt lt settings gt lt settings pass quot specialize quot gt lt component name quot Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup quot processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot bf ad The "Fatal error during the execution of Sysprep" error witch Unattend e quot language quot neutral quot versionScope quot nonSxS quot xmlns wcm quot http schemas microsoft com WMIConfig State quot xmlns xsi quot http www w org XMLSchema-instance quot gt lt CopyProfile gt true lt CopyProfile gt lt component gt lt settings gt lt cpi offlineImage cpi source quot quot xmlns cpi quot urn schemas-microsoft-com cpi quot gt lt Unattend gt in the c windows panther directory Then I opened the Command Prompt in the c windows system sysprep directory I wrote the sysprep generalize oobe reboot command At this point the error quot Fatal error during the execution of Sysprep quot is displayed In the C Windows System sysprep Panther directory I found the setupact log file with this content Code - - Info SYSPRP - - Info SYSPRP Beginning of a new sysprep run - - Info SYSPRP - - Info x f d SYSPRP The time is now - - - - Info x f e SYSPRP Initialized SysPrep log at C Windows System sysprep Panther - - Info x f SYSPRP ValidateUser User has required privileges to sysprep machine - - Info x f e SYSPRP FCreateTagFile Tag file C Windows System sysprep Sysprep succeeded tag does not already exist no need to delete anything - - Info x f f SYSPRP ParseCommands Found supported command line option 'GENERALIZE' - - Info x f f SYSPRP ParseCommands Found supported command line option 'OOBE' - - Info x f f SYSPRP ParseCommands Found supported command line option 'REBOOT' - - Info x f a SYSPRP WaitThread Entering spawned waiting thread - - Error sysprep exe UnattendSearchExplicitPath Found unattend file at C Windows Panther unattend xml but unable to deserialize it status x hrResult x - - Error x f e SYSPRP SysprepSearchForUnattend Failed while searching for unattend file hr x - - Error x f a SYSPRP WinMain Encountered error while searching for unattend file hr x - - Info x f c SYSPRP WaitThread Exiting spawned waiting thread - - Info x f SYSPRP Shutting down SysPrep log - - Info x f d SYSPRP The time is now - - and I found the setuperr log file with this content Code - - Error sysprep exe UnattendSearchExplicitPath Found unattend file at C Windows Panther unattend xml but unable to deserialize it status x hrResult x - - Error x f e SYSPRP SysprepSearchForUnattend Failed while searching for unattend file hr x - - Error x f a SYSPRP WinMain Encountered error while searching for unattend file hr x So as I do to fix this Thanks Bye

A:The "Fatal error during the execution of Sysprep" error witch Unattend

I was wrong encoding to save: I used Unicode encoding instead of UTF-8.

Now, the error:

Could not parse or process the answer file for unattended installation [C:\Windows\Panther\unattend.xml]. The answer file is not valid. Error detected at line 17, column 1 of the answer file.

is displayed. Why is that?

Thanks

Bye

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/253577-fatal-error-during-execution-sysprep-error-witch-unattend.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Normally my printer works with the limited basic driver. But, if i install the full software installation, of hp software, it is installed up to 96% and in configuring, it takes long time and came out with this error. How to over come this error. I downloaded the patch for this from hp site as updates and then uninstall and reinstalled. Again the same problem at the last stage. How to over come.
the error is given in a small message in
c: users\username\appdata]local\temp\7zs6910\hpzsetup.exe wstub 786912. How to overcome this error.
Moreover i am having problem in my yellow colour in my colour cartridges in test print and it is dim unlike others. How to clean the print head. I know how to do the same to the cartridges. Pl help

A:Fatal error during installation. hpzsetup.exe wstub "786912" hp d1360

FYI - I was not able to access your attachment.

Download/install/run <CCleaner> in my Signature. It's free.
Here is a tutorial, if you need it... CCleaner - Delete Junk Files
Sometime when an install fails, parts of the install program get left behind and ends up causing more problems.
CCleaner usually removes these program residuals.
Recommend uninstall the printer software and driver. Running CCleaner, then attempt reinstalling the printer software/driver.

As for your cartridge, last time I had that problem, I found removing the cartridge and reinserting it usually fixed the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/322184-fatal-error-during-installation-hpzsetup-exe-wstub-786912-hp-d1360.html
Relevancy 91.16%

WOW, my computer just bluescreened for the 4th time today... the last one was in the middle of uploading my .zip file. Please help!!

Thanks!

Running Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, SP1
on a Dell Vostro 1400 Laptop

A:BSOD help... "video scheduler has experienced unexpected fatal error"

- Boot into Safe Mode with Networking
- Uninstall the Display Drivers
- Use Driver Sweeper to sweep the traces of the driver Guru3D - Driver Sweeper
- Install the latest http://downloadcenter.intel.com/
- Reboot into normal mode

Next, remove Daemon Tools/Alcohol 120%. They use a file sptd.sys, which is notorious of causing BSOD with Windows 7. Use this SPTD uninstaller when done: http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads
Select uninstall; do not reinstall

Use MagicDisc as an alternative: http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/mi...c-overview.htm
Regards...

If problem persists, consider downgrading to Vista or XP as Dell Vostro 1400 does not have Windows 7 compatibility and are using 2006/2007 old drivers.

Dean

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR (119)
The video scheduler has detected that fatal violation has occurred. This resulted
in a condition that video scheduler can no longer progress. Any other values after
parameter 1 must be individually examined according to the subtype.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000001, The driver has reported an invalid fence ID.
Arg2: 0000246b
Arg3: 0000676b
Arg4: 0000676a

Debugging Details:
------------------

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd32.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd32.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd32.sys

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x119

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: a

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 8b60d276 to 82d2bf20

STACK_TEXT:
82d75998 8b60d276 00000119 00000001 0000246b nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
82d759c0 91a7ab2c 0a000000 8675a228 866e9000 watchdog!WdLogEvent5+0xc6
82d759dc 91a8090f 000011ac 0000246b 00000000 dxgmms1!VidSchiVerifyDriverReportedFenceId+0x8c
82d75a10 91a80f6d 866e9000 82d75b74 00000001 dxgmms1!VidSchDdiNotifyInterruptWorker+0x16f
82d75a2c 92b1bea5 8663c448 82d75b74 82d75a54 dxgmms1!VidSchDdiNotifyInterrupt+0x7b
82d75a3c 92b1bf0e 86457780 8663c448 82d75b74 dxgkrnl!VIDSCH_EXPORT::VidSchDdiNotifyInterrupt+0x14
82d75a54 9265306c 8663c448 82d75b74 00000000 dxgkrnl!DxgNotifyInterruptCB+0x60
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
82d75bd4 9267f002 86808000 86726dac c0000001 igdkmd32+0x4206c
82d75c1c 92620884 86808000 00000000 00000000 igdkmd32+0x6e002
82d75c64 92b1bb14 86808000 00000000 82d75c88 igdkmd32+0xf884
82d75c74 92b2bd59 86d2a280 8663c448 00000000 dxgkrnl!DpiFdoMessageInterruptRoutine+0x17
82d75c88 82c877ad 86d2a280 8663c448 82d75cb4 dxgkrnl!DpiFdoLineInterruptRoutine+0x12
82d75c88 82cc4e1a 86d2a280 8663c448 82d75cb4 nt!KiInterruptDispatch+0x6d
82d75d24 00000000 0000000e 00000000 00000000 nt!KiIdleLoop+0x1a
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
dxgmms1!VidSchiVerifyDriverReportedFenceId+8c
91a7ab2c c7450853eeffff mov dword ptr [ebp+8],0FFFFEE53h

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2

SYMBOL_NAME: dxgmms1!VidSchiVerifyDriverReportedFenceId+8c

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: dxgmms1

IMAGE_NAME: dxgmms1.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4ce78fb7

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x119_dxgmms1!VidSchiVerifyDriverReportedFenceId+8c

BUCKET_ID: 0x119_dxgmms1!VidSchiVerifyDriverReportedFenceId+8c

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/148576-bsod-help-video-scheduler-has-experienced-unexpected-fatal-error.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Yesterday our computer around PM got a fake antivirus virus that popped up and installed automatically I went and removed it off my computer That one was called quot System c000021a on {Fatal Startup "Stop: Error}" Malware Doctor quot Later about hours later I got another one that popped up on my task bar called quot Antivirus quot That one didnt install and I removed it Today i started up our computer and I got Antivirus again I exited out of it and removed it Then I could not "Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error}" on Startup access the internet via Google Chrome so i tried AOL AOL worked but it was freezing as always I decided to restart my modem and my computer When I turned it on It would go past the "Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error}" on Startup XP screen and continuously reboot I then hit F many times and got the menu not sure what its called and make it so it would not auto-reboot on system failure Booting into safe mode doesnt work or the other start options I am using Ubuntu LTS to access the internet techguy I then got this error on a blue screen c a Fatal System Error The Windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status o f xc x x The system has been shut down Click to expand I do not have a XP installation disc or any other windows recovery discs How may I go about fixing this Thanks You guys are awesome you helped me tremendously when I had my last virus PC problem nbsp

Relevancy 91.16%

Hi I ve got the same error message amp after reading this thread have done a HJT log Can anybody advise what I should do now Many thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program A VMM(01)... "smitfraud": occurred in Fatal VXD in IE Error 0028:C0011E36 has at Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS Mixer exe C WINDOWS mHotkey exe C Program "smitfraud": A Fatal Error in IE has occurred at 0028:C0011E36 in VXD VMM(01)... Files Medion PowerVCR II Agent exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon "smitfraud": A Fatal Error in IE has occurred at 0028:C0011E36 in VXD VMM(01)... exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files VoyagerTest fts exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Qbvfjqb Yacil exe C WINDOWS rkdsm exe C Program Files Daily Weather Forecast weather exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Modem dslstat exe C Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Modem dslagent exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files ISTsvc istsvc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files AOL aoltray exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files AOL Broadband CheckUp bin mpbtn exe C Program Files AOL waol exe C Program Files AOL shellmon exe C Program Files Common Files AOL aoltpspd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hoorock moonfruit com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www couldnotfind com search page html amp account id O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - no file O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run C-Media Mixer Mixer exe startup O - HKLM Run CHotKey mHotkey exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Agent C Program Files Medion PowerVCR II Agent exe O - HKLM Run Remote Agent C Program Files Medion PowerVCR II RemoteAgent exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run WorksFUD C Program Files Microsoft Works wkfud exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe AllUsers O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run MoneyStartUp quot C Program Files Microsoft Money System Activation exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool ... Read more

A:"smitfraud": A Fatal Error in IE has occurred at 0028:C0011E36 in VXD VMM(01)...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/smitfraud-a-fatal-error-in-ie-has-occurred-at-0028-c0011e36-in-vxd-vmm-01.372290/
Relevancy 91.16%

I need some help big time A Fatal Error in in Fatal has 0028:C0011E36 Error "smitfraud": in A IE at VXD VMM(01)... occurred IE has occurred at C E in VXD VMM E Error was caused by Trojan-Spy HTML Smitfraud c I was on the net yesterday and seems I picked up this horrible virus above Now it doesn t matter what profile I go in user guest etc I have the active desktop recovery icon and then before I can do "smitfraud": A Fatal Error in IE has occurred at 0028:C0011E36 in VXD VMM(01)... anything I get quot there is a problem with Microsoft windows and it needs to close quot If I click on don "smitfraud": A Fatal Error in IE has occurred at 0028:C0011E36 in VXD VMM(01)... t send report or send report windows closes and I just have a screen with the fatal error message on If I don t select either send report or don t send then my machine freeze s with the exception of anti virus gold which incidentally was never installed and only appeared after this virus took hold of my pc The only anti virus software I have on my machine is AVG which I can just about run but after the search it says it cant find any virus AVG is the only thing that will run at present if I go into task manager and stop running a few things I can just about launch internet explorer but it takes a while to open and then runs very slowly I am unable to go into my computer or add and remove programs as my machine just freezes Please can someone help me Oh and I my operating system is xp and I have a dell dimension pc intel Pentium nbsp

A:"smitfraud": A Fatal Error in IE has occurred at 0028:C0011E36 in VXD VMM(01)...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/smitfraud-a-fatal-error-in-ie-has-occurred-at-0028-c0011e36-in-vxd-vmm-01.370203/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi all I picked up this site while searching for info that pertained to this thread seems A 0028:C0011E36 has at in IE Error VMM(01)... occurred "smitfraud": in VXD Fatal like dvk knows hes stuff I have the same message on my desktop but the files are different than chm had this is what I got can ya help dvk plzzzzzzz I read your instructions to the point "smitfraud": A Fatal Error in IE has occurred at 0028:C0011E36 in VXD VMM(01)... where ya gotta put the pc in safe mode and check off the boxs what do i check off thanks pinhi Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE "smitfraud": A Fatal Error in IE has occurred at 0028:C0011E36 in VXD VMM(01)... Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin Tmntsrv exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin PCCPFW exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system keyhook exe C Program Files ASUS Probe AsusProb exe C WINDOWS system msg exe C Program Files Daily Weather Forecast weather exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin pccguide exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin PCCClient exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin Pop trap exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin WebTrap EXE C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS system sistray exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system keyhook exe C Program Files ASUS Probe AsusProb exe C WINDOWS system msg exe C Program Files Daily Weather Forecast weather exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin pccguide exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin PCCClient exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin Pop trap exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS system sistray exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin WebTrap EXE C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system scrnsave scr C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - no file O - HKLM Run SiS Windows KeyHook C WINDOWS system keyhook exe O - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINDOWS SiSUSBrg exe O - HKLM Run ASUS Probe C Program Files ASUS Probe AsusProb exe O - HKLM Run EW Message Server msg exe O - HKLM Run Daily Weather Forecast C Program Files Daily Weather Forecast weather exe O - HKLM Run C aQS OX C WINDOWS nvoch exe O - HKLM Run pccguide exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin pccguide exe quot O - HKLM Run PCCClient exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin PCCClient exe quot O - HKLM Run Pop trap exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin Pop trap exe quot O - HKLM Run type quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe... Read more

Download AdAware SE from http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download and install it if you haven't already got it. If you have it, then make sure it is updated and configured as described later in this post

Download pocket killbox from http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/killbox.exe & put it on the desktop where you can find it easily

Download SmitFraud Reg (<=click on this link) to your desktop.

Locate smitfraud.reg on your desktop and double-click it. When asked if you want to merge with the registry, click YES. Wait for the "merged successfully" prompt then follow the rest of the instructions below.

Go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and uninstall the following programs, if found:

Security IGuard
Virtual Maid
Search Maid
PSGuard

Exit Add/Remove Programs.
Reboot into safe mode by following instructions here: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2001052409420406

Run hijackthis, put a tick in the box beside these entries listed below and ONLY these entries, double check to make sure, then make sure all browser & email windows are closed and press fix checked

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [C2aQS2OX] C:\WINDOWS\nvoch.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PSGuard] C:\Program Files\PSGuard\PSGuard.exe

O16 - DPF: {31DDC1FD-CEA3-4837-A6DC-87E67015ADC9} - http://akamai.downloadv3.com/binari...net32_EN_XP.cab
O16 - DPF: {54C75FB0-6B8B-4278-BF7B-77036F15A69E} - http://akamai.downloadv3.com/binari..._1041_EN_XP.cab

now Start killbox paste the first file listed below into the full pathname and file to delete box

The file name will appear in the window and if the file exists it will appear in blue under that window then select standard file delete, press the red X button, say yes to the prompt and once the file deleted message comes up then repeat for each file in turn

NOTE: some of these might not exist so don't panic if a not found message comes up with killbox

C:\windows\system32\intmon.exe
C:\windows\system32\intmonp.exe
C:\windows\system32\msole32.exe
C:\windows\system32\ole32vbs.exe
C:\windows\System32\winnook.exe
C:\windows\System32\helper.exe
C:\windows\System32\msmsgs.exe
C:\windows\System32\shnlog.exe
C:\windows\popuper.exe
C:\windows\system32\hhk.dll
C:\windows\System32\wldr.dll
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\ntfs32.dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\LogFiles
C:\WINDOWS\desktop.html
C:\wp.exe
C:\wp.bmp
C:\bsw.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\oleadm.dll.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\oleadm32.dll.
C:\WINDOWS\nvoch.exe

Then on killbox top bar press tools/delete temp files and follow those prompts and say yes to everything

then as some of the folders you need to delete may be hidden do this:
Open Windows Explorer & Go to Tools > Folder Options. Click on the View tab and make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked. Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" and untick "hide extensions for known file types" . Now click "Apply to all folders"
Click "Apply" then "OK"

Navigate in Wiondows Explorer to and delete, if found (please do NOT try to find them by "search" because they will not show up that way):

C:\Program Files\Search Maid <=this folder
C:\Program Files\Virtual Maid <this folder
C:\windows\System32\Log Files <=this folder
C:\Program Files\Security IGuard <=this folder
C:\Program Files\PSGuard <=this folder

then go to C:\windows\temp and select EVERYTHING and delete it all and then do the same for C:\temp if it exists

1) Open Control Panel
2) Click on Internet Options
3) On the General Tab, in the middle of the screen, click on Delete Files
4) You may also want to check the box "Delete all offline content"
5) Click on OK and wait for the hourglass icon to stop after it deletes the temporary internet files
6) You can now click on Delete Cookies and click OK to delete cookies that websites have pla... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/smitfraud-a-fatal-error-in-ie-has-occurred-at-0028-c0011e36-in-vxd-vmm-01.372101/
Relevancy 91.16%

Specs:
Vostro 1000
Windows XP

It has Broadcom PXE something, and every time I try to boot from CD ROM for my windows XP install it goes there and says "Media test failure" "Check cable" Then it goes to the windows loading screen, and it blue screens and says "Fatal System error" Blah blah, windows is shutting down.

I'm trying to reinstall windows, but it isn't working, NOTHING will load when I put it in my CD drive.

No Safe mode doesn't work, nothing on the black and white screen from pressing F8 works, at all.

A:"Fatal System Error" Blue Screen, not booting from XP CD

RAWQ said:

Specs:
Vostro 1000
Windows XP

It has Broadcom PXE something, and every time I try to boot from CD ROM for my windows XP install it goes there and says "Media test failure" "Check cable" Then it goes to the windows loading screen, and it blue screens and says "Fatal System error" Blah blah, windows is shutting down.

I'm trying to reinstall windows, but it isn't working, NOTHING will load when I put it in my CD drive.

No Safe mode doesn't work, nothing on the black and white screen from pressing F8 works, at all.Click to expand...
Broadcom PXE implies it's been trying to boot from a network so you need to go into BIOS to change the boot order to CD drive before you can get your reinstallation going. However, if it got all the way to trying the network boot option, chances are nothing else worked along the way. Restart and tap Delete or Function 2 for BIOS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fatal-system-error-blue-screen-not-booting-from-xp-cd.875525/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello all This is my first post I am not very computer literate and I am having a very large problem at the moment with my Windows XP Media Edition with Microsoft Service Pack installed This morning I started my computer and it worked fine initially loading up my desktop background and desktop icons then the task bar at the bottom turned grey Without clicking anything my screen then turned blue and I got the error message that follows STOP c a Fatal System Error The WIndows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with Blue Error}" Windows System {Fatal "SPOP: Screen XP c000021a a status of Windows XP Blue Screen "SPOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}" x x x The system has been shut down I rebooted about times getting the same error but on the th time it logged on as normal I was then able to use the computer for about an hour I then turned it off After rebooting it a few minutes ago the same error has appeared again and have rebooting about times it doesnt seem to be going this time On occasions I get a different error which is quot STOP c Unable To Locate Component This application has failed to start because qt-mt dll was not found Re-installing the application may fix this problem Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance Has anyone got any idea what this is and how to solve it And if the two errors are related Thank you Haychee nbsp

Relevancy 90.73%

Hi all,

BSOD once tonight. It happened one other time last week but everything on Windows still functioned normally after I restarted. Then it happened again tonight. I restarted and when the start-up 'dos' -like screen comes up, I also had a glimpse of a message in red type that mentioned something about a 'degraded drive' and something about 'completeness...'. Then the screen flipped and asked me to go in safe mode etc. But I chose to start normally and Windows started fine.

Hope someone can help me out. I'm not that fluent in computer technology/software these days. Thanks for this forum!

Info:
- 64 bit
- Windows Home Premium, full retail
- age of system is approximately 6 months
- haven't formatted system since new install
- RAID 1 system setup

A:BSOD, load-up message read "Degraded drive..."

Please remove this driver/app. It is dtsoftbus01.sys Virtual Bus Driver from DT Soft Ltd

These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (probably a driver).
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219610-bsod-load-up-message-read-degraded-drive.html
Relevancy 90.73%

This might sound like I am a complete moron but its an issue that is very tiring Last night my computers sound was working fine came online this morning to find the headphones wont be recognized Only time this crap elitebook decides the headphones are quot ready quot for use I guess is when they are either plugged into a jack that has absolutely nothing to do with the performance with "sound" headphones-read Issue recognize wont laptop on (elitebook further) of the sound or if the headphones aren't plugged in Issue with "sound" on laptop (elitebook wont recognize headphones-read further) at all Now I am sure you're all prolly thinking quot if it works in one jack but not the other then its simple as keep in it the jack that works moron quot its not this simple I assure you As I stated before the jack that seems to recognize the headphones actually being plugged in is worthless since ever since I bought this POS laptop or notebook that jack has done nothing for any sound device internal or external whatsoever I am actually dumbfounded as to why they even installed it Issue with "sound" on laptop (elitebook wont recognize headphones-read further) in the first place Now I have done virus checks found nothing I have rebooted the comp to an earlier time it fails to fix this and even formatted the comp using the safe mode options but nothing seems to get this crap windows to allow elitebook to recognize the headphones when actually plugged into the port they are meant for And yea i know why don't i use the on board speakers well its a simple fact of I live with roommates and so cannot play the sound openly with them here So I am sorta irritated this comp wont recognize the headphones for mysterious reasons Music is how I get my schoolwork done since it helps me to focus and drown out background noise So is there an actual way without having my bank account robbed to fix this issue Not meaning to offend but this is very irritating I have never once had an issue like this so I am all kinds of confused as to how it happened I have reviewed a bunch of sources but it doesn't seem those issues are what I could be having with this Also one last thing to note is when the headphones are not plugged in the mixer seems to display the headphones options but they seem to mysteriously vanish when the headphones get plugged in Its also a fact when I can see the headphones option in the mixer it shows absolutely no applications Now I might be an idiot when it comes to computers but this seems a little odd -shrug- I hope you can help me to resolve this and sorry for the passive-aggressiveness

A:Issue with "sound" on laptop (elitebook wont recognize headphones-read further)

Open Device Manager > Scroll down to Sound Card Driver > Right click on it and opt Uninstall > Put a check mark against Delete all the software for this device > Ok > Restart Machine > Let Windows detect the hardware. Now visit the website
of the sound card manufacturer to download and install the latest driver.S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1ccbfaba-91f6-4cfa-858b-964cf11f15eb/issue-with-quotsoundquot-on-laptop-elitebook-wont-recognize-headphonesread-further?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi,

In the options of a new mail message, you can request a read receipt. I would like to create a button with this VB code behind.

I tried the following code, but something is missing. Who can help me out?

Sub Enable_Tracking()

Dim e1 As Outlook.MailItem
e1.ReadReceiptRequested = True

End Sub

Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-vb-code-for-enabling-request-a-read-receipt-in-mail-message.305048/
Relevancy 90.73%

Like the title says I simply want to set my hard drive to OOBE so that I can install it on my new computer set up but sysprep has a problem with wevtapi dll Here is the error log Code - - Error x f Error Fatal Sysprep by "wevtapi.dll" caused SYSPRP LaunchDll Failure occurred while executing 'C Windows System wevtapi dll EvtIntSysprepCleanup' returned error code gle x b - - Error x f Sysprep Fatal Error caused by "wevtapi.dll" SYSPRP RunExternalDlls An error occurred while running registry sysprep DLLs halting sysprep execution dwRet gle x b - - Error x f a SYSPRP WinMain Hit failure while processing sysprep cleanup providers hr x b gle x b I do have the full log so if you think it will help just tell me and I'll upload it I have also tried download wevtapi dll from the net and replacing the original but that results in instant failure Also I looked for what process was using wevtapi dll but I couldn't find anything So please if anyone has a solution I'm dying to use my new computer set up Thanks

A:Sysprep Fatal Error caused by "wevtapi.dll"

*bump*
(FYI) I have tried sfc.exe /SCANNOW and it reported no errors.
If anyone has another way to get my system to OOBE or running on a different motherboard (even complicated ones) it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/252554-sysprep-fatal-error-caused-wevtapi-dll.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello I 7 "Fatal installing when System Error" Windows am new to this forum and hope you guys can help me out with "Fatal System Error" when installing Windows 7 my issue any help is appreciated Now the problem that I am having is that I am "Fatal System Error" when installing Windows 7 trying to install a RTM version of Windows Ultimate onto my pc and the installation seems to go well but when it gets to the finalizing stage after I put in my new username and it successfully activates the key the computer reboots and i get the following error Stop C a Fatal System Error The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x xc x c The system has shut down Now what's odd about this whole thing is that I was and am running Windows Build and did not have any problem installing Build And I was also able to install the RTM Windows on a laptop with no problem so I know it's not a problem with the DVD I only get a problem when I try to install it onto my pc I have a Gateway FX S GB of Ram and am running Windows Build Any help will be appreciated I really want to get the RTM Windows installed because my Build expires in March Thank you in advance

A:"Fatal System Error" when installing Windows 7

Are you using separate keys for the two installs? I never enter a key until I see if it is running OK. Just do not enter a key and uncheck the activate while online and you will have 30 days to check the install.

How are you installing the RTM on the desktop--a custom install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/58600-fatal-system-error-when-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi,

I have a new laptop with Vista and today I get the message when I start it up:

USBSAFE: fatal error "Support only Windows 98" when I start up the laptop.

How can I solve this problem?

Relevancy 90.73%

So a couple days ago my PC began making a high pitch buzz I turned the computer off Loading Read Error" "Error OS" "Disk / and when I came home and tried to start it up the next day it wouldn t start I decided that the power supply must have died and that perhaps it was the power supply fan that was making the noise I recently replaced the case fan I bought a new power supply and installed it But now when I try to boot up the computer I get an error message quot Disk Read Error quot It instructs me to press ctrl alt delete to try again When I do that it gives me a new error message quot Error Loading "Disk Read Error" / "Error Loading OS" OS quot The hard drive is only a couple of months old My previous one died and I was able to clone the contents on to the brand new one and it has worked great ever since I am concerned that somehow the hard drive became corrupted or damaged when the power supply failed although I m not quite sure how but its the best explanation I can figure Any thoughts on next steps Is there a process I can run that may repair the situation assuming its not physical If not then I guess I need to figure out trying to get the content off and on to a new hard drive if possible nbsp

A:"Disk Read Error" / "Error Loading OS"

What verison of Windows are you using? It sounds like you have a corrupt BOOT file for your Windows installation. This could very much be caused by the power supply dying. If it happened to be writing or using something with that file or near it, it could have corrupted it. If you have Windows 7, use the Windows 7 DVD and do the option for checking for problems. If you have a corrupt boot file, it will repair it (hopefully). You can download Windows 7 DVDs free online. The main thing that matters is your registration key for Windows. Do the Windows 7 repair option and see if that helps. If not then you might have to reinstall Windows 7. Don't format as you will lose all of your files. You can install a new Windows and it will keep all your old files. The bad thing is you will lose all your Windows settings and programs you installed will not work, you will have to resinstall them. But all of your files will be saved. Hopefully the repair option works first.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-read-error-error-loading-os.1030678/
Relevancy 90.3%

Been running Win 7 on a new build. I'm not nuts about it. Been using Windows since 3.1, and I always liked "program manager". I like having a window I can toggle to with all my APP shortcut cons, sorted by application, etc. I used to just set up a folder for this in XP, but in XP you could have the right side folder bar showing or not, which you can't do in Win7 (as far as I know). Is there any way to get rid of that frame and not have it affect ALL folders (like in WE) or is there any other way I could have a box/window/frame to hold sorted icons which I can toggle to. I hope this is clear, and great forum!

Of course, I know I can put them on the desktop, but I prefer this ;-)

TIA,

Dan

A:Adding "Program Manager" window to Win7

The method I use is to place all of my shortcuts in the All Programs menu by navigating to the location highlighted in yellow below and copying the shortcut from the folders (top) and pasting your shortcuts to the list (below).

The advantage is you can add as many shortcuts as you want and is readily available in Alphabetical order from the top of All Programs.

Or you can create a new customized folder then placing it in the folder list at top and adding your shortcuts to the folder see games folder screenie for example as I have placed all of my game shortcuts in that folder.

All Programs list

Same concept used in XP (see below) where shortcuts were in Alphabetical order at top before the program folders list begins

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/156135-adding-program-manager-window-win7.html
Relevancy 90.3%

please help me for make it normal my "computer window". i want to normal this screen every time by scrolling but do not more this. Please suggest how i can make it normal forever. i apply folllowing setting
click on folder and view option choose "restore defaults but not getting success.

A:How to make "computer" window normal in win7

See below

Preview Pane - Turn On or Off

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/292544-how-make-computer-window-normal-win7.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Help!!!!

I have a laptop Toshiba, Satellite A45 and I can't get on the web, or load most of my programs due to an error message saying "one touch can't enumerate". When I tried to load the Maxtor One Touch CD to remove and re-install, I got the error message, "can't scipt" (error message Microsoft 1719) "Windows installer service could not be addressed". I had downloaded a spyware program and backed up first, but cannot upload the back up due the problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am on my desktop, so can receive email. Thank you,

Don Winn, Switzerland, FL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-cant-enumerate-cant-script.378506/
Relevancy 90.3%

I am getting this error message: "WindowsUpdate_8024400E" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" can any one help me with this? Thanks

A: "WindowsUpdate_8024400E" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" error message

twmom, Windows Update error 8024400E indicates that you're running into temporary connection errors in trying to check for updates. Please refer to this Microsoft KB article, which contains a lengthy list of troubleshooting steps.-Alex

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/28fb50ae-b648-4063-bb65-46ac182db489/quotwindowsupdate8024400equot-quotwindowsupdatedt000quot-error-message?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 90.3%

Greetings,

I am in desperate need for some assistance. My laptop recently has been giving this message before reaching the desktop: "A disk read error occurred. Press ctrl+alt+del to restart. I have tried restarting multiple times (including manually restarting), but I ended up receiving the same error. My operating system is Windows XP.

What can I do to approach this problem? I would be very grateful for any assistance.

~Trav.~

A:Solved: Desperate need for assistance for error message: "A disk read error occurred.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-desperate-need-for-assistance-for-error-message-a-disk-read-error-occurred.1004745/
Relevancy 90.3%

quot A problem caused name of program to stop working correctly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available quot But no solution shows I have been using the same HP Pavilion tx for a year and a half with no software or compatibility issues Program} working" ... Message of stopped "A Windows Problem caused "{Name Error has I run Vista Home Premium Service Pack - bit Slowly this message began Windows Error Message "{Name of Program} has stopped working" "A Problem caused ... to appear with every microsoft program I opened and then started to spread to non microsoft programs I tried reinstalling the programs doing a system restore to the oldest restore point I could I also tried uninstalling any window updates that were installed right before my problems I have read some strings that indicate it may be a compatibility issue between the service pack and vista but the service pack came with the computer and it has been working fine until recently I am at loss what to try next Has anyone using Vista Home Home Premium experience anything like this nbsp

A:Windows Error Message "{Name of Program} has stopped working" "A Problem caused ...

hi and welcome the first thing to do is run your anti virus and malware progs this will check for issues there and hopefully rule it out the next thing to try is sfc/scnw http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66978-system-files-sfc-command.html its a how to and also try this http://searchenterprisedesktop.techtarget.com/generic/0,295582,sid192_gci1276029,00.html this will check for other problems in both your files and your hard drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-error-message-name-of-program-has-stopped-working-a-problem-caused.804756/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi,

I am trying to install Win7 on the following

cpu: i7 3770k
motherboard: gigabyte z77x-d3h
sdd: samsung 830

I booted it up right after building it and booted into the Win7 installer.

1) BIOS recognizes my SSD
2) BIOS is set for AHCI mode

When I get to the screen to pick which drive to install it to, there is a warning that says "Windows cannot be installed on this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer bios menu".

I am still able to press Next though, and the installation is going on. What happened here? Why did I get that warning above and am still able to install?

A:"Windows cannot be installed on this disk" - Win7 on SSD

Do you have it on Port "0"? I just recently built a new system with a gigabyte Z77X UD5H motherboard, i7 3770 and 128 GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD. I had no problems installing as it was the only drive connected when I installed Windows 7 and it was connected to SATA III Port 0.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/253239-windows-cannot-installed-disk-win7-ssd.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I just installed a home use version of Microsoft Office 2010 on my home PC. Previously this was a problem free, perfectly working installation of Windows 7. Now it appears that the office installation has killed it. Instead of booting up properly, my PC hangs at "Windows is loading files..." if I choose safe mode. Or if I tried to boot up without safe mode, it just freezes at "Starting Windows".

This is a huge problem for me since I work from home. Has anyone been able to solve this issue?

A:Installed "Home Use" Office 2010 on Windows 7. Now my PC Wont boot!

Sounds like a bad install. I would use system restore to return to a point prior to installation. I would then try the OS for a while make sure that it works properly. Then make a system restore point and try to install again.

Try to get to system restore from safe mode. If cannot be done report back and we might try another approach. Try a start up repair
Startup Repair

Many may say, just uninstall. In the case of a bad install, I want to be sure that all is back to where you started and no remnants remain

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/94933-installed-home-use-office-2010-windows-7-now-my-pc-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Installed Chrome on friends laptop hoping that temporarly it might give less problems than ie is Installation works fine but when it opens it says New Tab up top but bottom is blank amp it wont even attempt to go to ANY com Ive tried reinstalling etc just Other [Moved Browsers but from "installed" fine, forum] ANYthing! wont do Chrome in case to no avail I went ahead amp attached the dds etc so hopefully someone Chrome "installed" fine, but wont do ANYthing! [Moved from Other Browsers forum] will be kind enough to tell Chrome "installed" fine, but wont do ANYthing! [Moved from Other Browsers forum] me what in the heck is wrong or blocking it or whatever Thank you VERY much for your time amp assistance P S there are other B S problems with this laptop right now including since yesterday alot of Google yahoo etc search links redirect to the random B S sites so if you happen to notice any other major problems on the dds attach please let me know too Thank you DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Enabled Updated C - E -CBDB-EA - B C F AF SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Enabled Updated B F -B D-C -D D - E E E F SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Windows system agrsmsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkCalRem exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTShellHlp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Windows ehome ehsched exe C Windows ehome EHTray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp SubCH BB amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M P- mStart Page hxxp www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp S... Read more

A:Chrome "installed" fine, but wont do ANYthing! [Moved from Other Browsers forum]

Hello,

Yes, this machine is seriously infected. I do not see the gmer log attached, and it's important that I have that log before we attempt the removal of this rootkit. Did you have difficulty running gmer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/chrome-installed-fine-but-wont-do-anything-moved-from-other-browsers-forum-564559.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I have Windows Vista Business

I Recently purchsed MS Office ultimate with SP1 and successfully installed it.

It worked just fine.

A few days later I installed 25-40 updates from microsoft.

After reboot when I started any application I got the messge

.." application .. Not installed for current user. Please run setup to install the application"...

I am the only user and I ran as admin / guest but no luck.

I re-installed (repair) - same problem

I un-installed and re-installed .. worked fine. But as soon as I installed updates I got the message.

What is wrong here?

Thanks

A:Solved: MS Office 2007 - message "has not been installed for current user"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ms-office-2007-message-has-not-been-installed-for-current-user.801434/
Relevancy 89.87%

ever since i (partially) installed an Audigy sound card, i get a message that reads "No drive attached to FasTrak controller, the BIOS is not installed" every time i boot up. this is annoying, but not too annoying, because it is only ther for about 2 seconds.

far more annoying is that ever since i upgraded Netscape 7.0 to 7.1, the Program Files folder opens up at startup. what makes it annoying is that i have to close it each and every time i boot up.

any help with stopping either of these unwanted occurrences would be much appreciated.

A:"BIOS not installed" message and Java folder opens on startup

{bump}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-not-installed-message-and-java-folder-opens-on-startup.181997/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello there so i have the No audio output device is installed message from vista and need to get rid of it. Im not for sure what happened when i upgraded to windows vista ultimate from windows XP it for some reason messed up my speakers?

A:Solved: I Have that awesome.."No audio output device is installed" message...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-have-that-awesome-no-audio-output-device-is-installed-message.879619/
Relevancy 89.87%

My computer based on an ASUS P T -C mobo that never gave me any problems has suddenly and spontanously begun complaining with a quot No CPU installed no CPU installed quot error message verbal spoken message when I power it up Then the system proceeds to boot normally However if I reset it before the POST has completed I end up in the CMOS setup screen with messages about how the mobo now runs in safe mode after having hung on a previous boot attempt due to Sudden Asus going works. "no it yet CPU installed" message, mobo: on? What's an incorrect CPU speed setting Which is not the case because the CPU setting is correct When I reset it after POST has completed no error messages occur ASUS support Asus mobo: Sudden "no CPU installed" message, yet it works. What's going on? sent a BIOS update which I have installed as per their instructions including reloading the factory default settings but to no avail I have made no hardware changes prior to the first occurrence of the problem What could cause this What could I do to trace or fix the problem Is my mobo about to fail All suggestions are appreciated Thanks Frank nbsp

A:Asus mobo: Sudden "no CPU installed" message, yet it works. What's going on?

Try reseating the CPU. Could be something got jarred.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-sudden-no-cpu-installed-message-yet-it-works-whats-going-on.27435/
Relevancy 89.87%

I'm deploying our Windows 10 company image through MDT. One of the steps i do is enter the windows key through a command line custom task. The problem I run into is that I keep getting the "Installed product key successfully message" dialog box to come up which stalls the rest of my task sequence and forces user intervention.
The command line I'm using - which I thought would prevent any confirmation boxes - is:

slmgr.vbs -ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can clear this message automatically, suppress it from even popping up or if I'm doing something wrong, what the correct command is?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/54808-clearing-installed-product-key-successfully-message-through-cmd-line.html
Relevancy 89.87%

i recently installed linux (mandrake 9.2) and now when i try to boot back into windowsxp i get the system message:

"AUTOCHK program not found; skipping AUTOCHK"

which results in a fatal system error and all hope of returning to XP is lost.

what is autochk?
what happened to my cpu?
no -- i dont have any windows bootable disks

Relevancy 89.87%

Hey guys im new to this forum..but ill save the intro for later because right now im freaking out!

My brother this morning clicked on a link that said "hey check this out" or something like that..anyways it was a virus..and we reset the comp and it keeps coming up to the blue screen stating fatal error and other stuff...

ive logged in the comp in safe mode..and ran a ad-aware virus scan..however this has failed to work because after a deepclean...i restarted and it was still there..!!

Someone has adviced me to download a program or something that will save my programs and such?
Is there anyway I can fix this?!!

Thanks in Advanced for the awsome help!

Kishan P.!

A:Blue Screen "Fatal Error"

Please follow Microbell's Five Step Process and post your HijackThis log to this thread when you have finished. Try to get a HijackThis log in Normal mode if you can, and make sure Word Wrap is turned off in Notepad before you copy and paste (you can find it under the Tools menu).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/blue-screen-fatal-error-122388.html
Relevancy 89.87%

hi. i appreciate your help. xp home (not this computer), 20g free space, 2g ram, dell laptop. i get the above message, ending in, "system has been shut down". i kept getting virus messages from avg antivirus, so i ran a full system scan with avg free. since then i've been unable to get past the, "windows" logo with the progress bar beneath. the screen behind the error message is medium blue. thanks, boyd

Relevancy 89.87%

hey im all of a sudden gettign an error that goes to a nlue screen and at the top left hand it says :

"Stop: c000021a (fatal system error)
the windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status o
the system has been shut down"

need help asap!!

Relevancy 89.44%

Windows 7 Ultimate/32bit. iTunes 9.0
Each time I dock my iPhone, I get a pop-up message "device driver software was not installed successfully". I want to stop this message appearing.
In fact, Windows 7 *is* locating the correct USBAAPL driver (which is seen to load in Device Manager) and iTunes works fine.
However, since the detail on the error message relates to "MTP USB device" it seems that Windows is triggering the error too soon.
I recently reinstalled Windows 7 from scratch and latest iTunes etc (for other reasons) but this problem remains.
If I delete the driver then the default that Windows looks for is the MTP driver (which fails) and then I manually point it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers and it reinstalls the USBAAPL driver it had before.

A:Plugging in iPhone generates "device driver software was not installed successfully" message

Try go to Device Manager, if there is any “Unknown MTP device”, uninstall it,  then plug in your iPhone and scan for hardware changes to let Windows Update automatically find and install the correct driver.  

BTW, I found the following similar issue for your reference:

iPhone and Windows 7 RC don't work - DELL USB Chipset Issue

Topic : iTunes 9 on Windows 7 x64 Has Problems with iPhone

Please note: we provide the third party link for technical use only. There may be some changes without notice, Microsoft doesn’t guarantee any accuracy on contacting information.

Best Regards
Dale

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1920b255-8b94-435a-af17-b263c56cd57c/plugging-in-iphone-generates-quotdevice-driver-software-was-not-installed-successfullyquot?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 89.44%

can anyone help with this as I can't find a solution anywhere every time I boot my pc up I get a "new CPU installed" message appear in bios asking me to enter setup or load default values i have done this several times entering different values into the bios and starting it on default values even thou I have been running the pc for a year I tried resetting the car CMOS switch removed and replaced the battery changed the ram sticks around, I've removed the CPU and found one of the pins was bent and straighten it
can't think what it might be

A:"new CPU installed" message keeps appearing bios start up

That is typical when you change a CPU. Have you gone to bios and loaded optimized defaults, save and exit? And in bios does it recognize the correct CPU you have now? are you sure the CPU is properly seated? Other than those things, all I can think of is reflash bios or call technical support who are going to probably tell you to flash bios.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/237201-new-cpu-installed-message-keeps-appearing-bios-start-up.html
Relevancy 89.44%

OK so here is my problem - I got message basic installed" "visual not script a new ipod shuffle and have had it hooked up with Itunes with no problems Then last night I plugged it in again to make some changes and it said that the files were corrupt and now my ipod blinks green and red and does not work So to try to figure out how to fix that one of my options is to download the new version of Itunes I think it is I also called apples support line and they suggested this too So in doing that I received an error when it was just finishing the download - stating that Itunes could not be installed b c visual basic script is not installed or has been disabled Make sure VBScript is installed turn "visual basic script not installed" message off script blocking in anitvirus and personal firewall softward re-register VBScript and reinstall Itunes So I did all those things it said to do I also uninstalled Itunes and tried to reinstall and I got the same error I then called HP support b c apple said it might have to do with my computer They were really not able to help me and suggested contacting Microsoft b c VBScript is a "visual basic script not installed" message windows program ect ect so called them and they suggested I contact apple So here I am not sure what to do and would really appreciate any help I can get Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/visual-basic-script-not-installed-message-239291.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I get The "New CPU Installed! Please enter SETUP to configure your system." Message.

Hey Guys, haven't posted here in a while. Basically I have had this problem for a very long time now, every time I turn the computer On I get the message

> New CPU Installed! Please enter SETUP to configure your system.
> Press F1 to Run Setup
> Press F2 to load default values and continue

My computer works fine, its just annoying to have to press F2 all the time.
This started happening when I re-attached my whole motherboard onto a new case about a month ago. Everything works fine, but I get that message every time I boot up the computer, and have to press F2 all the time.
I googled this matter, but there wasn't really anyone who had had the same problem as me. What do you guys think? My motherboard is a P4P800.

A:I get the "New CPU Installed! Please Enter Setup..." Message coming up

Try clearing your cmos, your mobo manual will tell you how!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-get-the-new-cpu-installed-please-enter-setup-message-coming-up.64363/
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi I tried to find info on this and couldn t and I don t have much time since I m using someone else s computer and I am really scared I was on google today and this message and virtumonde sys32.privacyremover "Spyware Message detected" Window's about quot Antivirus SP Install quot came up and I tried to cancel it but Window's Message "Spyware detected" sys32.privacyremover and virtumonde I m not sure what happened and then everything froze When I rebooted my desktop was white with a message saying quot Window s warning Spyware Detected on your Computer and the names were something like sys privacyremoverms and another one I am scared to turn my computer on again so I cannot get the exact names I tried running Norton and it found something but then shut down and when I tried to reboot the next time I could not do anything there is just an hourglass so I turned it off again and left it off I had a virus a few years ago that someone on here helped me fix thank you but I don t remember anything including how to put my computer in safe mode I m in med school and in the middle of studying for boards so this is the worst possible timing and I don t know what to do If noone can help me on here maybe there is a suggestion of where I could take my computer nbsp

A:Window's Message "Spyware detected" sys32.privacyremover and virtumonde

Is this the same machine?
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/743355-please-help-spyware-message-desktop.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-message-spyware-detected-sys32-privacyremover-and-virtumonde.743363/
Relevancy 89.01%

When I send a job to print, from any software or internet page, the job starts to go. Then, the printer changes it mind and says "Canceling..." in the message window on the printer.

Model is Epson Stylus CX9400 Fax. Any clues?

Thanks a bunch,
Denise

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/espon-printer-canceling-in-message-window.871310/
Relevancy 89.01%

It seems that in Europe this old topic:
http://www.techspot.com/community/t...cmd-exe-box-pops-up-on-start-up.194349/page-2

is valid/up to date again.

My wifi rooter was in block. Solving this I got today (04-06-2015) message box in Win7 do I allow to make changes:
"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe" /c
C:\ProgramData\msmtzryge.exe

Unfortunately printscreen won't work for this message box, but I got it 3...4 times with same question. I answered no. And also got "www.istartsurf.com/...." or "SensePlus" advertise/browser hijack worm/virus.

Be carefull - Windows Defender...or what ever this is called don't recognise this SensePlus thing and tells that everithing is clean.

Also added screenshot of hijacked english google.com (suddenly russian). And some log file.

A:"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe" /c message on Win7 startup

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:

Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
Never run more than one scan at a time.
Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/c-windows-syswow64-cmd-exe-c-message-on-win7-startup.213687/
Relevancy 89.01%

later the same day as latest updates computer crashed Then when restarted showed blackscreen amp msg quot Build This copy of Windows is not genuine quot I have had the computer from new for several years amp it came with Win Home Premium installed amp CoA Ran MGAD - results below - Also jpg shows screenshot below of latest WinUpdate History Code Diagnostic Report genuine" not message Win7 now Build7601 "Windows ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - - QWT -HCQXJ- YQTR Windows Product Key Hash PVjSC x njvqunmbCY lOD rYDo Windows Product Win7 Build7601 now "Windows not genuine" message ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID F E -F A - -B - B A BFDA Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Home and Student - Genuine Microsoft Office system - Genuine Microsoft Office Small Business - Genuine OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics F FE- - E FEE - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - E AD EA- -d E AD EA- - E AD EA- - B D AA B- - A F - - A F - - A F - - E AD EA- - d E AD EA- - E AD EA Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt F E -F A - -B - B A BFDA lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - YQTR lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt ASUSTeK Computer INC lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt N Jv lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt C lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt AUS Eastern Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineDat a gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - F- - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Home and Student lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt E CB FC A lt Val gt lt Hash gt BYirw DxKyYZHFvBvOTk PHaYFM lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Product GUID quot - - - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office system lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Product GUID quot - CA- - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Small Business lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt ABF C F lt Val gt lt... Read more

A:Win7 Build7601 now "Windows not genuine" message

Hello and welcome Almac mate have you tried a system restore to before the updates?

First try the restore from safe mode if possible if that doesn't work try SFC and chkdsk SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Disk Check

Now what model is the Asus it is quite handy to have a few specs to work on if you have backed up your stuff? cos you may have to factory default the thing or use any media you got with the machine. If you haven't got media then don't worry as you can do a clean install from a stick or disk using an ISO and the activation code on the Microsoft sticker just that you will lose all data. .

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/298474-win7-build7601-now-windows-not-genuine-message.html
Relevancy 88.58%

How do I get rid of this "New programs installed" tooltip I get almost every time I click the Start button?

A:Incessant "New programs installed" message

Welcome to TSG, subversive

This is a bug in XP, unfortunately.

It can be disabled in the following way

open Notepad, Start | Programs | Accessories | Notepad

Copy or Paste the following in red to Notepad

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"Start_NotifyNewApps"=dword:00000000

Click File | Save As
Change Save as Type to All Types
Give the file the name of Disablenewprog.reg

Save to a location that you can remember
Close notepad

Find Disablenewprog.reg
Double click on it
It will ask if you want to merge the file, click Yes
Restart your computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/incessant-new-programs-installed-message.196990/
Relevancy 88.15%

I get this "window stopped working" message frequently nowadays
I don't know what is causing this problem.
I have disabled many add-ons, but seems that it doesn't help at all..

anyone who can figure out this problem please help~

A:I.E "window stopped working" message

Hello Chuyho,

You might see if resetting Internet Explorer completely may be able to fix this for you.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/276505-i-e-window-stopped-working-message.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Wow !
I,m a new member. Guy forum was recommended by a friend. I just read the last post, Great reply. I'm kind of new on pc's. I've learned a little by myself. the problem I have is when I turn on my pc, I get "Extender Fatal Error" invalid or missing resource files in the installation directory. Reinstall Extended Player. My friend told me that this had something to do with a piggyback, from a game or game site and to get with you guy's to remove it. So here I am.

A:"Extender Fatal Error"

EXETender is software used with online games from a site named FreeRide Games. Do you play their games? If not, here are instructions for removing the software: http://support.freeridegames.com/questions.php?questionid=77

If this doesn't work, let us know. We can remove the startup for it next:

Press the Windows key + R to open a Run box.
Type in msconfig
Select the Startup tab.
Uncheck the following entry and Exentender won't pop up anymore:
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Exetender] "C:\Program Files\Free Ride Games\GPlayer.exe" /runonstartup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extender-fatal-error.1027705/
Relevancy 88.15%

When I tried to play counter strike, a fatal error popped up saying "check to make sure the file opengl32.dll is available" So I downloaded the file from this website http://www.useyourbrain.co.uk/computing-missing-files.htm, but I dont know where to put it. Can somebody help me? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fatal-error-opengl32-dll.242283/
Relevancy 88.15%

I enjoy playing Pop Cap's Dynomite and Diamond Mine games online. All of a sudden, for no apparent reason, when I log on, the games will download right up to the moment I'm about to start playing and suddenly, I get:

"Fatal Application Error
A fatal error has occured.
Back to Main"

Can anyone help me identify and correct this problem?

GrandPa Chuckie Poo

A:"Fatal Error" Messages

Make sure you close all unneccessary background programs before playing, and do a spyware check using something like Ad-Aware.

You also might want to try simply restarting the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fatal-error-messages.145446/
Relevancy 88.15%

I have Windows XP professional installed on the c drive of my computer and I have Linux Fedora Core on a second hard drive The dual boot option screen functions fine and I don t suspect that Linux has anything to do with XP s problems but I suppose I could be wrong My prime suspect is the Partition Commander software that I recently installed because I have heard that partition managing software is known to cause the same autocheck problems that I have seen When XP starts to boot it goes to a light blue screen that reads autochk program not found-skipping AUTOCHECK that lingers for "Fatal when booting Error" XP a bit and then a bright blue screen comes up that reads Top c a Fatal System Error Teh Session "Fatal Error" when booting XP Manager Initialization process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc a x x The system has been shut down So my approach so far was to boot from the install disk from my XP home edition that came with the Dell computer package I could not find the install CD for the XP proffessional that is currently installed and make a repair attempt Chkdsk found nothing wrong but I ran it anyway to no avail and then I tried using fixboot command and still the same two error screens come up Also I tried to boot up in safe mode but couldn t I have most of the drive s data backed up on CD s so reinstallation is an option but I would really like to avoid the time and energy expenditure of locating the XP Pro disk and reloading all of my files Thanks for your help pat nbsp

A:"Fatal Error" when booting XP

Hi, I sympathize, recently I worked this out for a client...but, the only thing that did work it out, was a full reinstall. You are in a slight bind> Your Dell XP Home Recovery CD will not want to do anything while XP Pro is installed> it will not run over top of a higher version of Windows.

You should be able to use a format utility to clean the drive, then re-run the Dell disk to restore to factory condition, upgrading to XP Pro is up to you after that.

(I use Active Killdisk, a free utility> Get the Free version here:

http://www.killdisk.com/

OR> If when you installed XP Pro, you opted to format and install XP Pro, then you should be able to boot with the Pro CD and do the Quick format and reinstall...

Make sure your CD drive is the first boot priority device in your BIOS, and with the Pro CD in the tray, SAVE and EXIT the BIOS, the CD should boot the computer for you, follow the prompts when it detects a previous operating system, to delete the partition that holds Windows and to format and reinstall.

Unless others can find a way to repair this error, that's the way I would go.

I worked at it for several hours, did all you did and another whole command type fix that did not change anything...to no avail, but a clean install had it back working in no time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fatal-error-when-booting-xp.412202/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi I have Bejeweled Deluxe version and it was working perfectly until I ended the game or at least my father did could be something he did wrong Now it shows a Fatal Error It seems this error has something to do with a text document found in the Data folder of the Bejeweled Deluxe folder Here are screenshots This is the first pop up After pressing Error" 2 Bejeweled "Fatal OK this pops up And then after pressing OK again this pops up and then finally it ends and does not start up the game at all Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is one of the most addictive games I have ever played and I do not have the disc any more to patch it or anything Thanks EDIT Fixed If you look at the first image you ll see the quot quot I simply deleted that because I JUST noticed that the was messing up the pattern and now it works but there s still some other problems I m noticing in the game now It works great but it seems to go slower could be because I m running more programs at the moment and or I noticed the text at the top that says quot Welcome Your Name quot it shows double of the text in a weird way other than that the game seems fine I can live Bejeweled 2 "Fatal Error" with the Welcome Bejeweled 2 "Fatal Error" and some other text like that as it does not seem to affect the game play nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bejeweled-2-fatal-error.662964/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello i have a Compaq Computer running off of Windows XP and have recently have had it shut down during use. When it shuts down a blue screen appears saying:

STOP:c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Subsystem system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of (0x75e92439 0x0052f400)
The System has shut down.

Now judging by the first line this doesn't seem good, but i am wondering if there is anyway to fix the problem.(If anyone can identify the problem, and how to fix it) Also i am wondering if it would be "worth it" to fix the problem or should i just buy a whole new Computer System all together.

A:"Fatal System Error"

Hello deadeyealex, welcome to TSF. I don't know what your expertise of windows may be but look at the following link which maybe of help http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156669.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/fatal-system-error-427837.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I have replaced my CD burner twice because of this. Now I wonder if it was really a hardware error. When I try to burn a file onto my CD/DVD burner I get the message that the disk is Read Only. Actually it is an empty, clean, new Verbatim CD. Also receive the same message for new Memorex CD. This occurs when I use the drag-to-disk feature of Roxio 9. Any ideas?

A:"Read Only" message received for new CD-R

Have you tried Drag to Disc feature in Windows (ie open my Computer-> and drag to the CD drive)

Also have you tried re-installing Roxio

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/read-only-message-received-for-new-cd-r.100481/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hey guys This morning I got a really strange error code When I tryed to update Steam on my PC this error message cannot "0" memory referenced "read". be The at "0" instruction at popped up quot The instruction at quot x quot referenced memory at quot x d quot The memory could not be quot read quot Click OK to terminate the program Lately I have nt been able to install WoW either I install The instruction at "0" referenced memory at "0" cannot be "read". it all the way to and then when I try to launch it I obviously have to re-download all the patches but it prompts me that I have to install it again even though it is all there Tryed downloading the full game digitally off of wow-europe com too I click run to get it started nothing happens and then this message pops up quot The instruction at quot x quot referenced memory at quot x f quot The memory could not be quot read quot Click OK to terminate the program I don t know what s up with it My freind told me to run a CHKDSK R to see if there was anything wrong with my drive and it ran smoothly although I must say it took about an hour or so So that was complete tryed to do it again and I still kept getting these error messages But I saw something on my desktop that wasn t there previously It is an error log Here is the error log An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION xc at pc x d ecb d pid tid Java VM Java HotSpot TM Client VM -b mixed mode sharing windows-x Problematic frame C x d ecb d If you would like to submit a bug report please visit http java sun com webapps bugreport crash jsp The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code See problematic frame for where to report the bug --------------- T H R E A D --------------- Current thread x JavaThread quot Headspace mixer frame proc thread quot daemon thread in native id stack x d x d siginfo ExceptionCode xc reading address x d ecb d Registers EAX x df EBX x d a ECX x EDX x d ecb d ESP x d f f EBP x d f ESI x EDI x d a a EIP x d ecb d EFLAGS x Top of Stack sp x d f f x d f f d ac d a a x d f x d f d a a af af x d f b x d f f d b x d f d a x d f d f x d f d e c Instructions pc x d ecb d x d ecb d error occurred during error reporting printing registers top of stack instructions near pc id xc Stack x d x d sp x d f f free space k Native frames J compiled Java code j interpreted Vv VM code C native code C x d ecb d Java frames J compiled Java code j interpreted Vv VM code j com sun media sound MixerThread runNative J V j com sun media sound MixerThread run V v StubRoutines call stub --------------- P R O C E S S --------------- Java Threads gt current thread gt x JavaThread quot Headspace mixer frame proc thread quot daemon thread in native id stack x d x d x JavaThread quot Java Sound Event Dispatcher quot daemon thread blocked id stack x d b x d x a JavaThread quot Java Sound Event Dispatcher quot daemon thread blocked id stack x d x d a x c JavaThread quot Java Sound Event Dispatcher quot daemon thread blocked id stack x cdd x ce x a c JavaThread quot thread applet-vmain class- quot thread blocked id stack x cd x cd x a JavaThread quot thread applet-vmain class- quot thread blocked id stack x cce x cd x fc JavaThread quot thread applet-vmain class- quot thread in native id stack x cc x cce x JavaThread quot Image Fetcher quot daemon thread blocked id stack x f x x JavaThread quot AWT-EventQueue- quot thread blocked id stack x x x c JavaThread quot Applet LiveConnect Worker Thread quot thread blocked id stack x x a x ec JavaThread quot AWT-EventQueue- quot thread blocked id stack x a x f x d JavaThread quot Applet LiveConnect Worker Thread quot thread blocked id stack x x x b JavaThread quot AWT-EventQueue- quot thread blocked id stack x x x ac JavaThread quot Applet LiveConnect Worker Thread quot thread blocked id stack x b x x JavaThread quot Browser Side Object Cleanup Thread quot thread block... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-instruction-at-0-referenced-memory-at-0-cannot-be-read.935876/
Relevancy 87.72%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Window quot pauses quot on shut down then this quot szchostc quot Message window pops up Then another window window Window on down this then "szchostc" shut "pauses" up 98 pops a few minutes later quot End task quot quot Continue quot or quot Cancel quot box Window 98 "pauses" on shut down then this "szchostc" window pops up pops up When I push end task windows then will shut down It is linked to the lt sync eye crypt dll certget name string A gt because this will come up if i push the buttons to much to shut my PC Window 98 "pauses" on shut down then this "szchostc" window pops up downand the ram hits bottom I don t know what to do Microsoft support quot SUCKS quot I visted this quot trojan quot web site that link me to quot Szchostc quot I downloaded their zip Window 98 "pauses" on shut down then this "szchostc" window pops up file and I tried to extract the bad files but it didn t seem to work They had a notepad work sheet that was way over my head with PC jagon Please feel free to e-mail me with any help this problem is working my nerves Chainsaw nbsp

A:Window 98 "pauses" on shut down then this "szchostc" window pops up

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-98-pauses-on-shut-down-then-this-szchostc-window-pops-up.221153/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi All This forum was recommended by a friend for honest and helpful answers Hope someone can help me I have only basic medium computer skills so I have - installation" Fatal 1603 Error during "Error. hit a wall with this problem My laptop is hp and running windows I have received software from a friend via CD The software is Trimble Terramodel - Software used for surveying and other Civil Engineering functions When I load the CD locate the set exe file and run it the installing gets to approx and then stops and a window displays the message 'Error "Error. - 1603 Fatal Error during installation" - Fatal error during installation Consult Windows Installer help Msi chm or MSDN for more information' When I type the problem "Error. - 1603 Fatal Error during installation" into google I am directed to download this that and the other to fix the problem which are obviously fake advertisements My question is Is the setup file corrupted etc and beyond repair If file can be repaired can someone with limited computer skills such as myself do this

A:"Error. - 1603 Fatal Error during installation"

Hi pmitch123 and welcome to the forum! First question is this a copy or original CD? If a copy it could very well could be corrupted.

Also, make sure all drivers are up to date including graphics, BIOS too. I would then run a memory test and see how that goes.

You could try installing it in compatibility mode. Right click on the .exe and select "Troubleshoot compatibility".

I see it was made for older OS here: Installing Terramodel 10.12

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/45284-error-1603-fatal-error-during-installation.html