Windows Support Forum

Hard drive light blinks fast, then stays solid, and computer freezes. What causes it?

Q: Hard drive light blinks fast, then stays solid, and computer freezes. What causes it?

Hi there new here I have searched for about - hours on this topic I have updated as many drivers as I could and I have changed my SATA cables out I cannot figure out this problem When I am on my computer the red hard driver indicator light on the top of my case will blink constantly When I start playing a game fast, it? freezes. causes computer drive solid, What and Hard light stays then blinks it will blink really fast and then you can hear a Hard drive light blinks fast, then stays solid, and computer freezes. What causes it? quot beep quot sound The light stays red for a few seconds Hard drive light blinks fast, then stays solid, and computer freezes. What causes it? then goes back to blinking intermittently When it beeps everything freezes up for a bit - seconds Then it will come back and resume like before Sometimes the beeps and freezes are minutes apart sometimes they are minutes apart Its really annoying and I dont want to take it to a shop just yet Anyone ever heard of this happening Is the hard drive overheating maybe Cause it gets worse when I have things like music and games going at the same time If anyone would like to know more about the computer I will list it all

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Hard drive light blinks fast, then stays solid, and computer freezes. What causes it?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Hard drive light blinks fast, then stays solid, and computer freezes. What causes it?

Go to Start/Search and type CMD Right click the CMD icon in the Search Results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type chkdsk /R and press enter. Now type a Y for Yes and restart the computer. The Check Disk Utility will check the integrity of the drive.
You can also download the ISO image for Seatools in my signature, and burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature and run the Quick and the Extended diagnostic tests on the HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hard-drive-light-blinks-fast-then-stays-solid-and-computer-freezes-what-causes-it-647800.html
Relevancy 89.9%

I am little bit worried about my harddrive. Previously I had 80 gb harddrive and then I upgraded it to 320 gb. I have dell latitude d630 laptop with two operating system. Windows 7 and XP. When I use Windows 7 then my computer specially hard drive light stays on and mouse is busy and I have to restart my laptop however in my XP this problem is never seen. I also installed vista and deep formatted the hard drive but the problem still persists in windows 7. The system is normal but when I surf internet via mozilla or chrome. This problem arises. I have done everytrouble shooting I can chkdsk and everything but when I use chkdsk in my western digital harddrive, it says error. I am thinking its harddrive issue what do u say?

thanks

OS is Win 7 Prof

A:Hard drive light stays on and computer freezes randomly in windows 7

Run the western digital diagnostic tool, if it says its bad, then time to rma the disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/213659-hard-drive-light-stays-computer-freezes-randomly-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 89.9%

I am little bit worried about my harddrive. Previously I had 80 gb harddrive and then I upgraded it to 320 gb. I have dell latitude d630 laptop with two operating system. Windows 7 and XP. When I use Windows 7 then my computer specially hard drive light stays on and mouse is busy and I have to restart my laptop however in my XP this problem is never seen. I also installed vista and deep formatted the hard drive but the problem still persists in windows 7. The system is normal but when I surf internet via mozilla or chrome. This problem arises. I have done everytrouble shooting I can chkdsk and everything but when I use chkdsk in my western digital harddrive, it says error. I am thinking its harddrive issue what do u say?

thanks

OS is Win 7 Prof

A:Hard drive light stays on and computer freezes randomly in windows 7

Can we get some system spec's?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213655-hard-drive-light-stays-computer-freezes-randomly-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 108.36%

Hi everyone

for the last 2 weeks or so my computer has been locking up and freezing with the data light on the computer to go into a solid state of red.

i thought i had fixed it by trying a few other solutions i had found here on the net such as....

1. re-applying thermal paste to CPU
2. removing build up of dust
3. checking ALL connections
4. Re-installing windows
5. checking hard drive for bad sectors (which it found and fixed)

im running...
windows 7 32bit
3gb RAM
ATI HD6870
1 320GB western digital HDD
1 500GB western digital HDD ( which i think is causing the problems but its only a year old and shouldnt be failing now).

so yeaa..thats my problem..reall starting to anger me and im considering building a completley new system but this ones only a year and a half old :/ any help from you guys would be much apriciated

Thanks
Daniel.

A:Hard drive light goes solid red and computer locks up...

It does sound as though the hard drive has failed or is not far off it.

I may be wrong, but I think Western Digital have a five-year no-quibble guarantee on their hard drives so it'll pay you to check with them.

A hard drive can fail at any time so I think you've just been unlucky.

You should try and get any important data off the drive as soon as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/186770-hard-drive-light-goes-solid-red-computer-locks-up.html
Relevancy 107.07%

Hi everyone

for the last 2 days my computer has been locking up and freezing with the data light on the computer to go into a solid state .
as for the locking up thing i mean it completley locks..mouse doesent move.. CTRL ALT DEL does nothing..only thing i can do is hit the power button untill it shuts off. I'v tried leaving it but the computer was still the same.

im running...
Hp pavilion desktop
windows 7 64bit
4gb RAM
Nvidia Geforce GT 130
500GB samsung HDD ( which i think is causing the problems )

And also i didn't mention to one thing that when I unplug the wire of Pc my BIOS didn't recognize the time and date , I have to change it myself (Not always) just when I unplug the wire .

so please help me with that im getting mad on that

A:Hard drive light goes solid and computer locks up and freeze

You seem to have a couple of issues.

Quote:
And also i didn't mention to one thing that when I unplug the wire of Pc my BIOS didn't recognize the time and date , I have to change it myself (Not always) just when I unplug the wire .

This happens when the CMOS battery is unable to keep enough charge, so when you unplug the PSU power source
+5V Standby Power also drops and clears your CMOS (BIOS).

Quote:
for the last 2 days my computer has been locking up and freezing with the data light on the computer to go into a solid state .
as for the locking up thing i mean it completley locks..mouse doesent move.. CTRL ALT DEL does nothing..only thing i can do is hit the power button untill it shuts off. I'v tried leaving it but the computer was still the same.

Hard Hangs are usually hardware related .
I would start by taking a closer look at the HDD indeed as it is the first culprit that comes to mind.

Testing the HDD:
Perform a Disk Check | Disk Check
Then Post the results following | THIS METHOD
Download SeaTools for Windows if you don't want to use a CD to test the HDD you can use YUMI – Multiboot USB Creator to create a bootable USB (instructions are found at the bottom of both pages).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/301666-hard-drive-light-goes-solid-computer-locks-up-freeze.html
Relevancy 106.64%

i recently had blue screen error due to memory ram. i bought a new ram installed it now when i start my computer the hard drive light stays solid red i get no signal for my monitor. and the cd & cdrw (both are seperate slots) lights keep blinking even though i have no cd in them. please help!

A:Computer won't Boot, hard drive light stays on

clear the CMOS (best to unplug the system and pull out the battery on the motherboard)
Do that for 30 minutes then connect back and turn on the system. If you still have issues then the RAM Voltage is not compatible with your mother board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-boot-hard-drive-light-stays-on.140501/
Relevancy 99.33%

New problem...

My hard drive light blinks every second or two, and is accompanied by the 'reading hard drive' sound.

Why is this?

More importantly - can any of you please help me fix it (i.e., stop it from blinking / reading the drive every second or two)?

Many thanks.

Larry

A:My hard drive light blinks every second or two..

Hi

simple fix...turn off the computer

no seriously, even though you arent using the computer , it is still working away, reading and writing to the drive, windows doesnt stop just because you arent using it.

There are many processes running on the average computer and its these that are using the drive.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hard-drive-light-blinks-every-second-or-two.141266/
Relevancy 97.61%

I have a Gateway GM5664 with windows vista premium. I'm not sure of any service packs. Lately my monitors have been blinking on and off four or five times and then they stay off and the fan starts running really fast. The only way I've been able to stop this is to press and hold the power button then restart the computer. No error message is shown. I have not had any recent crashes and have not installed any new software. Sometimes my computer will be fine all day and sometimes this happens after only a couple of minutes. I have scanned with an updated version of AVG and Spybot. Neither program found anything. Does anybody have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated and let me know if more information is needed. Thanks - Brian

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/display-blinks-then-stays-blank-and-fan-runs-fast-287403.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Hello, SevenForums Community

My Computer is giving me a problem for 1 month!

The problem is that, my computer Freezes randomly, while that is happening my HDD red light Turns Solid RED!

This is totally random, but it happens more times when i'm playing games (ex: Skyrim , GTA San Andreas , The Sims3).

But this happens also when i'm on my desktop.

This problem is making me bald , my pc "back in the days" could run Crysis 2 without a problem, now it freezes randomly.

I hope that you can help me, SevenForums Community.

If you need any information about my Computer tell me.

A:My Computer Freezes randomly while hdd Light turns solid red.

Hey LeonPT, welcome to Sevenforums

First remove all non-essential cards from your machine, i.e sound, modems etc, etc.

Download burn and run memtest from PassMark MemTest86 - Memory Diagnostic Tool. This will test your PC's memory. Leave it running for a few hours.

Next

Download the manufacturers disk for your hard drives. Test and ensure that they are functioning properly.

Remove and clean all components contacts and clean the CPU fan and any other fans in your system.

Report back with results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/297835-my-computer-freezes-randomly-while-hdd-light-turns-solid-red.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Got a strange problem - recently added a CD-RW drive as a slave drive to my DVD drive The DVD is jumpered as Master Stays Light On Hard Drive and the CD-RW is Hard Drive Light Stays On jumpered as Slave However after adding the CD-RW drive the hard disk light stays on permanently If I disconnect the cable from the CD-RW then the hard light is fine i e it only lights up Hard Drive Light Stays On when the hard disk is being written to When I plug it back in the light stays on The CR-RW and DVD are on IDE and the Hard drive is the master on IDE There is no slave on IDE So by adding the CD-RW as the slave on IDE it has caused the hard drive light for the drive on IDE to stay on Just as strange if I set the DVD drive to quot Not Installed quot in the BIOS just leaving the CD-RW as the slave drive then the hard drive light works correctly again My motherboard is a MSI KT V Help nbsp

A:Hard Drive Light Stays On

Have you tried a new data cable?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-light-stays-on.161981/
Relevancy 95.46%

My Pc's Hard Drive power LED light stays on. It started doing this shortly after I did a complete HD re-format and install of Win XP.
Is this just a coincidence?
The drive only makes noises when accessed for a read or write function, otherwise there is no noise from the drive, even though the LED stays on.
It never did this before!
Is this something that needs to be corrected? How?
Starting in Safe Mode has the same results--LED stays on.
Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 94.17%

How does the hard drive communicate with the red led light? I think i just have a bad bulb because there are no indications that the hard drive is failing. chdsk found no problems Don't' tell me to flash my bios or any other nonsense. Only reply if you know what ur taking about. So don't waste my time

A:Hard drive light solid red. There are no indications of a hardware malfunction

have you tried turning the hdd led connector plug around on the motherboard its proberbly got the plus and minus on the wrong pins which is making the LED solid and not flash

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-light-solid-red-there-are-no-indications-of-a-hardware-malfunction.153327/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi, I just noticed earlier today that my hdd light is staying on. I mean on like the power light is on, not flickering when the hard drive is being used. Is this the light going bad, or is the motherboard going bad? Please don't tell me that the mobo is goind bad.

A:Solved: Hard drive activity light stays on

I had that happen with a brand new build a couple of years ago. Changing cases made no difference. The retailer checked the motherboard and replaced it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hard-drive-activity-light-stays-on.697822/
Relevancy 92.45%

I looked at what programs are hammering my hard drive and Chrome is accessing my HDD all the time. I've got about 5 tabs open but theres nothing really happening on the pages.

Also, AVG (vprot.exe, avgui.exe) are thumping my hard drive too.
I am seriously thinking of getting rid of AVG, its just a resource hog too often now.
Any light anti viruses you recommend?

A:AVG free & Chrome hammering my hard drive - solid green light 50mins!?

I noticed the same thing abut AVG, so I uninstalled it. Lots of members recommend Avast, but I myself just stick to the basic Microsoft offering (Essential/Defender ?), and also scan with Malwarebytes regularly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/372634-avg-free-chrome-hammering-my-hard-drive-solid-green-light-50mins.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi Last night I turned off my computer and went to bed everything was normal Then I woke up this morning and tried to power it back on but it won t boot and this is all that happens The CPU fan comes on and stays on The hard drive light comes on immediately but then stays solid No BIOS nothing at all Just a blank screen The computer will stay like this for as long as it s powered no beep, bios, no boot, Solid drive odor weird light, no hard on Keyboard lights come on and stay on Checked all the motherboard connections hard drive connection everything is normal Computer gives off a weird odor now like the smell of permanent marker Computer stays in this idle state with the hard drive light solid until I get sick of looking at it and I turn it back off One thing---last night before I shut down the computer I disconnected Solid hard drive light, no beep, no bios, no boot, weird odor my mouse while still running the OS Windows XP I then shut down the computer without plugging it back in Solid hard drive light, no beep, no bios, no boot, weird odor and as luck would have it the mouse was taken from my desk and I don t know where it is How likely is it that this is the cause of the entire problem Because really I ve had similar experience like this before where the BIOS wouldn t even load just sat there at a black screen and a friend of mine said it was probably the BIOS itself or the hard drive but definitely something with the hardware itself Thoughts Everything is on that computer I don t know what I m going to do if the hard drive is shot I m desperate for help I ll try to do this accurately after reading the posting guidelines Operating system - Win XP Laptop or Desktop - Desktop If name brand - Brand and Model - Custom Type of Mouse USB PS Wireless - PS Type of Keyboard USB PS Wireless - PS Amount of memory - GB Motherboard model if known - PC CHIPS M G - SOCKET - FSB mhz - SIS GX CHIPSET - BIT SUPPORT Video card PCI PCI-E AGP or Integrated Video if known - Integrated Tried unplugging the hard drive and then switching on the power hard drive light still stays solid nothing appears on the screen still nbsp

Relevancy 91.16%

My Computer freezes and stops working only when im downloading a torrent or try to stream!
The Red Blinking light (Which im sure is for the Hard Disk) stops blinking once these freezes happen
When it freezes sometimes i cant even restart it with the restart button on the case and have to take its cable out.The problem has been on my computer for a year but i havent tried fixing it.

I had a blue screen of death once but that was months ago.
Havent ReInstalled Windows even once since ive got it last year.

Sidenote: I sometimes have Administrator problems and cant do some stuff when i am the administrator could that be the problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379469-computers-freezes-computer-cases-red-light-hard-drive-stops-blinkin.html
Relevancy 83.42%

just before my last HDD failed, the PC would freeze for 2 minutes or so with the HDD light solid, somtimes in a browser, somtimes watching a vid file, now that I have a replacement drive, the same thing still happens

the mouse still moves, but the clock stops and catches up when the computer un-freezes

I changed the SATA cable, updated the BIOS, loaded the recommended chipset software, also updated the vid driver

I am about to reload Win 7 from scratch, since this install is from 2010, hoping a fresh install will fix.

any ideas? could it be the M/B?

I have:

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Biostar G31-M7 TE with a Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 2.5 GHz
1x 2 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS 512MB PCI-E
Western Digital 500 GB HDD
Plextor DVD/RW

A:PC freezes for 2 min, HDD light solid, mouse still moves, clock stops

I am also getting numerous errors in the Event Viewer while using the DVD drive

"The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort2"

there are no Event Viewer entries at the times that the PC freezes up

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262732-pc-freezes-2-min-hdd-light-solid-mouse-still-moves-clock-stops.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I'm new around here, sorry if something appears to be wrong.

My computer has been giving me problems from long time ago.

Few months ago I was playing League of Legends like usual, it never gave problems, and it freezed completely, hdd led turning solid.

That does not only happen by playing, it happens too when I'm browsing with Chrome or using Skype, generally any application.

Before the freeze, the sound did a weird loop for 1 second, and then kept playing, but the system freezed around 1 minute later.

I can still move the mouse cursor when it happens, windows turn white when I try to click on them and eventually the mouse freezes too and all I can do is force a shutdown.

I'm really looking for a solution around here, hope you can help me.

If you need more information about something tell me.

A:Windows 7: My computer keeps freezing and hdd led stays solid

Quote: Originally Posted by Aalb

I'm new around here, sorry if something appears to be wrong.

My computer has been giving me problems from long time ago.

Few months ago I was playing League of Legends like usual, it never gave problems, and it freezed completely, hdd led turning solid.

That does not only happen by playing, it happens too when I'm browsing with Chrome or using Skype, generally any application.

Before the freeze, the sound did a weird loop for 1 second, and then kept playing, but the system freezed around 1 minute later.

I can still move the mouse cursor when it happens, windows turn white when I try to click on them and eventually the mouse freezes too and all I can do is force a shutdown.

I'm really looking for a solution around here, hope you can help me.

If you need more information about something tell me.

Sometimes KIS (Kaspersky Internet Security) can create high CPU levels which causes system performance issues. Visit the following link for more information;

Kaspersky Lab Forum > KIS uses too much CPU

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/314297-windows-7-my-computer-keeps-freezing-hdd-led-stays-solid.html
Relevancy 79.98%

My dvd rom drive just vanished it is not under my computer it dose not read dvds cds programs games ect but when you put a cd is burner dont blinks cds read light but HELP PLEASE drive rom gone cd\dvd in the lights blink like its cd\dvd rom burner drive is gone dont read cds but light blinks PLEASE HELP ganna work it spins and the whole but then nothing i didnt see it in devise manager but i also am not a computer wiss either i would like to think i can handle my own but not nearly as capeable as probley percent of you so plese give detailed instructions and try to beare with me a bit so please give me a hand my brother is sick and all he did was play games and make cds on here and now i cant even fix his dang driver and we cant aford to send it back in I thank you for your patiants time and knoledge im not sure what else you need to know just feel free to ask as il do my best Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card SiS Mirage Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD MS- Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:cd\dvd rom burner drive is gone dont read cds but light blinks PLEASE HELP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-rom-burner-drive-is-gone-dont-read-cds-but-light-blinks-please-help.969144/
Relevancy 77.83%

hi,
I'm getting "floppy drive fail (40)" error during bootup. Went into bios and enabled the drive. Still giving me error message during reboot. Even when I hit f1 to continue without the floppy drive...the drive light still stays on.

A:floppy drive light stays on

I just attached a new floppy cable to my drive this morning. And of course the light stayed on all the time. Just flip the connector upside down where it connects to the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/floppy-drive-light-stays-on.330410/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi there This problem wasn't too bad but one reboot later and the computer is almost unusable Every minutes or so the hard drive light goes solid and I can't do most things only the most basic and even those have limits Google has been redirecting me for a very long time also DDS txt log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Mary Conway at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files x Common Files logishrd LVMVFM UMVPFSrv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin light HD computer with frozen solid becomes redirects, Google exe C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe Google redirects, computer becomes frozen with solid HD light -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Google redirects, computer becomes frozen with solid HD light Files x Common Files ABBYY FineReader Licensing CE NetworkLicenseServer exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files DAZ D Content Management Service ContentManagementServer exe C Program Files EPSON EpsonCustomerParticipation EPCP exe C ProgramData EPSON EPW SSRP E S RPB EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows SysWOW nlssrv exe C Program Files x Photodex ProShow Producer ScsiAccess exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup COMPONENTS SCHEDULER STSERVICE EXE C Windows system EscSvc exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpd exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv w exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv x exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Toaster exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Sandboxie SbieCtrl exe C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCTray exe C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe C Users Mary Conway AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x Paltalk Messenger paltalk exe C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software LWS exe C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software CameraHelperShell exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x EPSON Software Event Manager EEventManager exe C Program Files x EPSON Software FAX Utility FUFAXRCV exe C Program Files x EPSON Software FAX Utility FUFAXSTM exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program ... Read more

A:Google redirects, computer becomes frozen with solid HD light

Hello Spadurgan Welcome to The Forums!!Around here they call me Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with these just skip it and run the next one.-Security Check-Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller or from here Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487741/google-redirects-computer-becomes-frozen-with-solid-hd-light/
Relevancy 75.68%

The only other problem I have is when I cut the computer off and try to turn it back on the amber light blinks in the front and turn on at all, I have to take the battery out of the board to get the PC to come on!! It's a Dell Dimension E510

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239095/amber-light-blinks-on-the-front-of-dell-dimension-e510-and-computer-wont-turn-on/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi i am new to this and need some help with my laptop ... The cpu light stays on a lot and often flickers .... when it flickers it seems to work faster but when the light stays on it really slows down the computer

please help

Thank you

Lee

A:cpu light stays on alot and slows the computer

Looking at your system specs, my first suggestion is to see how much free space is left on your HDD. Chances are that you've run out of room for virtual memory, and your system is compensating by constantly reading and writing to the disk. Considering the amount of RAM your system has, I'd also suggest increasing that, as well. 4G is a good spot to be at for this system.

Something else to check is Startup Programs (Hit Win-R and type "msconfig", then look at the Startup tab) for programs that you don't need to startup every time you boot your computer. Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager , Java Platform SE Auto Updater, etc..., are some examples. Disable them by unchecking the box, then reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/355163-cpu-light-stays-alot-slows-computer.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hey guys. The PC I'm on right now has been turning itself off randomly when I am using it. When it does this the power light is still showing, mouse is still lit up usb sytick still lit up etc.
What could be the cause of this and how can I fix this??
Thanks

A:Computer turns itself off and power light stays on

Is your computer going into hibernation and are your temps OK?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/82853-computer-turns-itself-off-power-light-stays.html
Relevancy 75.25%

My computer is stuck or frozen. The activity light stays on. I have removed all fans and cleaned them, remove battery and replaced after 30 minutes, used a different battery, unplugged all cables. After trying each one, I plugged the computer in again and still activity light stays on. The moniter is black. When I turn it off and on it shows "no signal" on the screen. I also replaced the ram with two 2Gs. What do I do to stop whatever activity is going on?

Relevancy 74.39%

My Dell laptop computer is running very slow. The read/write data light stays on almost constantly for an hour. Any ideas on the cause or how to fix?

A:Slow Computer Read/Write Light Stays On

Hiya

This may be hardware/software replated. It sounds like something is running in the background, so lets rule out malware and then see if trimming your startup programs will help, to start with

Download 'Hijack This!
Extract the files to the Program Files as suggested, or Browse to a newly created folder. Don't run straight from the desktop, as the Backup files will be stored there.

Navigate to the extracted files, and doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log somewhere, and please copy & paste its contents to the forum.

It will possibly show other issues deserving our attention, but most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.

Someone here will be happy to help you analyze the results.

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-computer-read-write-light-stays-on.607104/
Relevancy 73.53%

My hard drive light is amber and my computer will not power on. Battery light is white when power cord is plugged in. Ran updates earlier today and now computer will not power on.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hard-drive-light-is-amber-computer-will-not-boot-on/td-p/5828998
Relevancy 72.67%

On my new Netgear 7550 modem+router combination from AT&T, whenever I turn off the computers connected to it, for some reason, the lights stay on.

Specifically, the Ethernet 1 light connected through Ethernet on one computer and the Wireless light connected wirelessly to another computer stay on (solid green) even after both computers are shut down and off.

Is this normal behavior for this specific modem? Or what can I do to fix this?

A:Netgear 7550 Ethernet and Wireless Light Stays On After Computer Shutdown?

the wireless will stay on , i suspect, as all that is saying is that the wireless in the router is on and broadcasting

ethernet 1 light should go out - but pull the cable plug out and see if it goes out and then push back in and see if it comes on
then try the cable in one of the other 2-4 sockets

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-7550-ethernet-and-wireless-light-stays-on-after-computer-shutdown.1103565/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello,
I have a HP G60-443CL Notebook, 64 Bit Vista, lately is been slowed down considerably and the fan is running constantly and the hard drive light is almost constant. When I open an application such as browser, after a bit the hard drive begins to run constantly and slows the computer down to a crawl. The fan is always running loud. I do not notice anything under Task manger that appears to be hogging memory, but I may not know quite how to look more extensively. It has become very annoying and quite a hindrance to my work environment. If I try to run more than one application, everything on the computer just slows down tremendously. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Relevancy 72.67%

Hello,
I am wondering if I am Infected. I have a Compaq Presario SR5110NX.
I am running
Windows Vista Home basic
512 MB SDRAM
the computer is very very slow and the hard drive light never stops blinking. I have run Avast

anti virus and Ad-Aware but the hard drive light never stops and it is still very slow. Could

someone please help me?

Thank you,
rjett

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329945/hard-drive-light-never-stops-blinking-plus-the-computer-is-really-slow/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello, I've been having a problem often where my computer will freeze. The video stops, but the audio on everything continues, be it on games, Google Chrome, etc. The freeze is accompanied by my mouse blinking in and out repeatedly. When this happens, it seems that pressing a button on my keyboard solves this for a few minutes. When the computer has one of these 'episodes', every page I try to bring up is blank. If I try to look in my system tray, it's blank white. The same with any other new windows during an 'episode'. I used to have the infamous 'amd driver has crashed and successfully recovered' error, but I don't see them anymore, ow it happens a lot. I use a wireless mouse/keyboard on Windows 8. I tried updating video driver and moving the receiver closer to the mouse/keyboard. Help?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55893-computer-freezes-mouse-blinks-help.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi Tonight I had a problem with my laptop It was in sleeping mode and when I open the lid there were no mouse function and no touch screen function So the only thing I could do was to press the power button for seconds to turn it off but it didn't completely because light drive blinking, laptop light button hard and power doe... the screen turn off but the power button light is blinking just like when it is on sleep mode and I'm not sure if the hard drive light was on off or blinking before this hard drive light and power button light blinking, laptop doe... but hard drive light and power button light blinking, laptop doe... now is blinking I press the power button and nothing happen I press it for seconds and nothing happen I even did the HDMI connection to another monitor but both monitors don't show hard drive light and power button light blinking, laptop doe... anything not even recognize that something is connected to the HDMI port in the new monitor There is no sound nothing just the blinking lights What should I do Thanks nbsp PS I'm not sure if it's Windows -bit or -bit It was upgraded from Windows

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hard-drive-light-and-power-button-light-blinking-laptop/td-p/5593178
Relevancy 72.24%

I'm not sure if this could be spyware related but I decided to post my log here Load Slower. Lot Computer Loading Light Green At Often And A Times My Help! At Stays Things just in case Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows My Computer Loading Light Often Stays At Green At Times And Things Load A Lot Slower. Help! XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS My Computer Loading Light Often Stays At Green At Times And Things Load A Lot Slower. Help! System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT My Computer Loading Light Often Stays At Green At Times And Things Load A Lot Slower. Help! EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exeC PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC WINDOWS system ltmsg exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exeC Program Files Ad Muncher AdMunch exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exeC WINDOWS system devldr exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXEC Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Documents and Settings Shalin My Documents XPsyklonAeonX HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ieR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p er ar msnhomeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com keyword sO - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dllO - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - HKLM Run LTWinModem ltmsg exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe ConsumerO - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run Ad Muncher C Program Files Ad Muncher AdMunch exe bt

A:My Computer Loading Light Often Stays At Green At Times And Things Load A Lot Slower. Help!

Is this your complete log? Looks chopped off

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/32484/my-computer-loading-light-often-stays-at-green-at-times-and-things-load-a-lot-slower-help/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello My  Toshiba Laptop failed to start so i removed my newly purchased and installed SSHD and put it in a replacement computer after removing its existing hard drive. I started the computer and it has worked fine for a few weeks so i decided to reinstal
the original OEM Widows 7 disc and its product key on the CD cover. Microsoft does not recognize the product key. I have checked the number several times it is the product key i am typing in. I also have the original product key for the xp version also.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cc517a07-6758-4dcd-9778-77f03d97d0c3/solid-state-hard-drive-with-windows-7-loaded-in-a-replacement-computer-that-had-xp-loaded?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 70.52%

I just built a new computer, and the hard drive blinks even when it just sat there doing nothing. Is there anybody can tell me why? thank you very much.

A:hard drive blinks all the time.

I recently changed to an Asrok motherboard. All my original hardware was left in situu. However, since then I have also had a blinking computer. I presume it is some unwanted feature of Asrock. Maybe you have the same problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-blinks-all-the-time.605224/
Relevancy 70.09%

Computer freezes randomly with a solid beep were i cannot move the mouse or anything.

Not sure whatever details i should give, it has only happened twice now today, once while watching a tv show on hulu and the other time while playing runescape.

This has never happened today so i am a bit concerned, does anyone know what is wrong?

Relevancy 69.66%

So last Then Once Flashes BSoD or Freezes Computer Completely Blinks and Reboots week I was on the interwebs and my computer froze The mouse could move Computer Freezes Completely or Blinks Once Then Flashes BSoD and Reboots but that was it No windows responded nor did the start button and ctrl alt delete didn t do anything Then the screen started to blink about once every seconds It proceeded to do this until I forcibly turned off the computer by holding down the power button I then turned on Computer Freezes Completely or Blinks Once Then Flashes BSoD and Reboots the computer again and the screen was glitchy By this I mean icons on my desktop would disappear until I clicked on them by which I mean clicked the empty spaces where the used to be the start button and task bar would not reappear even if I hit the start button and if I opened a window it would show me the top half of the window and the bottom half would show the desktop or lack thereof Also my background picture was gone I left it alone for a few days I thought maybe it overheated and it was working fine for the last two days Then today it froze completely No blinking screen the mouse disappeared and it just stayed like that until I turned off the computer Then I turned it on and it worked for about twenty minutes The screen blinked once and then I got the BSoD but it only flashed for a moment and then the computer rebooted This has happened another two times in the last hour I got a new harddrive a few months ago but this is the first sign of any trouble I have had since it was installed by a friend Any suggestions

A:Computer Freezes Completely or Blinks Once Then Flashes BSoD and Reboots

Hard to diagnose from this distance, but it sounds as though the display adapter may need to be replaced. Guess there's a chance it might be malware or something else, but my first guess is the video card.

Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438188/computer-freezes-completely-or-blinks-once-then-flashes-bsod-and-reboots/
Relevancy 69.66%

the Portable Hard Drive has this continous cycle of blinking 4 sec and stop 1 sec then repeat when connected to the S10. it doesn't have this problem with other laptops. so it must be a problem with the S10 settings ? what should I do ? thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Portable-Hard-Drive-continously-blinks-on-S10/td-p/3355900
Relevancy 69.23%

Any idea why my SSD is listed as a 'Hard disk drive' instead of 'Solid state drive' as in your screenshots above? I am running W8 Pro x64 RTM from Technet. In Device Manager my SSD shows as a 'Samsung SSD 830 Series SCSI Disk Device'. I wonder if it's being on a Marvell controller might be the reason. My mobo has both Marvell and Intel disk controllers.

A:SSD listed as 'Hard disk drive' instead of 'Solid state drive'??

The ssd should always be used in an Intel port imho bud. The driver you are using is making it appear to be a scsi device.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/8730-ssd-listed-hard-disk-drive-instead-solid-state-drive.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey there everyone, I have a dell Vostro 3445 laptop with windows 7 32bit installed in it. The problem which I am facing is that my laptop's capslock button blinks or sometimes it stays constantly on and due to this my touchpad stop working. This happens momentarily and then everything gets fine. This is  sometimes very annoying. Any solution(s) to this query of mine??  

A:Is it normal that my caps lock button always blinks or sometimes stays constantly on?

Hi avkaran,
Thanks for posting!
A blinking caps lock light can have several possibilities.  In some Vostro models it can indicate loose RAM, so if you can, try reseating the RAM modules.  If that's not resolving the issue, then try an external keyboard to see if the same condition exists.  If so, then try reseating the keyboard data cables which  may help. If not then it's possible that replacing the keyboard, memory, or system board may be required.
If your system is still under warranty, a call to Tech support to troubleshoot will help indicate what may be the problem.  If not, then either try these things yourself, or contact Out of Warranty services for a return to depot and repair, or you could contact a local computer repair shop.
You may want to post back and describe your progress so the experts here can respond.  Thanks.
Regards,Robert

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990299
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello Floppy Stays Drive Cylinder - while Can - Light Spins help? "On", you everyone I am pretty good with computers and stuff but I have been having a problem now for a few months trying to boot up an old -DX HMz computer It is a hack computer with rogue parts making it up It used to work great when I set it up for my little sister to do school work on but now it is goofed up Real bad Its gutted right now just a motherboard and power supply etc I have seperate Winbond IDE controller cards one of which I just picked up tonight while getting a brand new Flopp Disk drive A few of the primary specs of the new controller are Winbond IDE Floppy Controller Winbond Chip - W P Data Technology Chips DTC VL and DTC- The old card is an almost exact duplicate differing in that it offers two IDE pinouts rather than one I have been thru the BIOS extensively and it should realistically be working just fine Floppy Drive - Light Stays "On", while Cylinder Spins - Can you help? with the specifics entered It is an AMIBIOS model Specs as follows AMI Vesa Green Bios v B Processor gives a screen output of i DX - MHZ CPU Ok so heres the problem if you have made it this far thanks I am trying to get this thing up and running again I know the motherboard is in good shape and I have a good idea that my IDE cards are as well When I turn it on however the Drive Light stays on and the cylinder rotates to no end I have a brand new Dick Drive and am getting the same problems If I switch the input of the Floppy Cable flip it around the drive stays idle as if it has no power The light never tunrs on and the cylinder does not move either I need to get this going I need to get the floppy going to install Windows over everything and so far I am stuck I hope someone will be able to relate to my problem and send me some poitive information back Someone please tell me my Disk Drive wasnt in vain Thanks to everyone who reads this and thanks in advance to anyone who can help nbsp

A:Floppy Drive - Light Stays "On", while Cylinder Spins - Can you help?

Alright, Id like to thank absolutely nobody for even looking at my thread! However, as usual, I have used the awesome power of my incredible brain, and found my own answer to my first question.
Now I have a second. I am using an old as f-uck floppy cable. So old that in fact, it has the card slots for 5 and a half inch Drives. The slots are throwing off my BIOS, automatically taking the place of Drive A. In turn, i must assign my Floppy to Drive B.

My BIOS Options do not have the possibility of setting a boot sequence for B, C or B, A, C or anything else. Only A, C or C, A.

I doubt any of you would know, but can I get away with cutting off the old card slots on the cable? Since noone has posted any replies to my last question, and from what I have gathered from scouting old posts, I assume noone knows. Im probably dealing with some amateur-at-best class programmers.

I know someone on here has to be Nerd enough to know. And Nerds not an insult, so dont go gettin all uppity, please. Im plenty freakin Nerd myself!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/floppy-drive-light-stays-on-while-cylinder-spins-can-you-help.93394/
Relevancy 68.8%

Is it possible and feasible to change the hard drive to a solid state drive on a Toshiba Satellite Pro L300-1FK laptop.If the answer is affirmative then would appreciate as much information and guidance there is available.

A:Changing hard drive to solid state drive

I took a quick look at the specs and don't see why you couldn't. That laptop is maybe 3 or 4 years old?

What you would have to decide is if you want to attempt to transfer Windows from the current hard drive to the SSD or instead do a clean install on the SSD. Cloning/imaging can work and save time, but many would tell you to just do a clean install instead.

Good SSD brands: Intel, Crucial M4 series, Samsung 830 series.

I assume this Toshiba has only a single drive bay?

Do you have an external hard drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/234578-changing-hard-drive-solid-state-drive.html
Relevancy 68.37%

My solid state hard drive (Samsung mmcre64g5mxp) is full. It only has 2 gb space left and I suspect it is slowing down my PC. I try to keep it excusively for Win 7 (x86) and updates files and clean the drive regulary. I have also compressed it to make more room.

Is there anything I can do to make more room? Can I remove the Win 7 update files or will I have to buy a new drive?

Bobiewaller

A:Solid State Hard Drive

Laptop?

Desktop?

Make and model of computer?

Size of SSD?

More than one drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solid-state-hard-drive.1003605/
Relevancy 68.37%

My laptop keeps freezing and stay frozen I have windows We thought it was the browser i was using but now i am sure it is not since the computer now freezes after start up i can only use the computer on safe mode now for about five minutes then it freezes again i think its a memory issue i keep getting memory usage is high when i am watching you tube videos or playing apps on facebook but now it just freezes right after start up as freezes stays frozen. computer and soon as i click on anything here is a hi jack this log thank computer freezes and stays frozen. you P S computer freezes and stays frozen. the computer also freezes in save mode I have tried running malwarebytes but it freezes during the scan i have ran msconfig and left only avg running Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files computer freezes and stays frozen. x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Nefarious Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPNOT R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Bing Bar BHO - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files x MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO SmartSelect - F EE -DAA - - - D EE A - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar C Program Files x MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll - - dcb -df - - - fa b f - C Program Files x MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY quot C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe quot O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK... Read more

A:computer freezes and stays frozen.

here is the dds log.. forgot you guys need this. cant post gmer log since im not running a 32 bit system

DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSAMD64
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7601.17514 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_29
Run by Nefarious at 11:44:38 on 2011-12-26
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.2811.1542 [GMT -8:00]
AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012 *Enabled/Updated* {5A2746B1-DEE9-F85A-FBCD-ADB11639C5F0}
SP: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012 *Enabled/Updated* {E146A755-F8D3-F7D4-C17D-96C36DBE8F4D}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\PROGRA~2\AVG\AVG2012\avgrsa.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\avgcsrva.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\atieclxx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\atibtmon.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\system32\WLANExt.exe
C:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\AERTSr64.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\CinemaNow\CinemaNow Media Manager\CinemanowSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell AIO Printer A940\DLBAmon.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Connectify\Connectify.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPHelper.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR\WNA3100\WNA3100.exe
C:\Users\Nefarious\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\MagicDisc\MagicDisc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSN Toolbar\Platform\5.0.1438.0\mswinext.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch\HPMSGSVC.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Update\DivXUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 10\Nero BackItUp\NBAgent.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\acrotray.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\avgnsa.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Advisor\HPAdvisor.exe
C:\Windows\system32\dlbacoms.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch\HPWMISVC.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Norton Online Backup\NOBuAgent.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\SeaPort\SeaPort.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftvsa.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR\WNA3100\WifiSvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftlist.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\AVGIDSAgent.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Virtualization Handler\CVHSVC.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2012\avgemca.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Searc... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-and-stays-frozen.1032959/
Relevancy 67.94%

I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate to my new PC (was XP before) and I noticed that the HDD light blinks every second even if the PC's idle. Is that a normal behavior for Windows 7?

A:HDD light blinks every second.

In the early days, yes.

Windows 7 uses Superfetch to quickly learn which are your favourite programs and this task plus indexing means there will be a lot of hard drive chatter, which of course is more noticeable when your computer is idling.

Give it a few days and things will quieten down.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/175740-hdd-light-blinks-every-second.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hey,

Is there something wrong with my laptop? Whenever i plug in the internet cable to my laptop in order to connect to the internet, the DSL light won't stop blinking. Therefore, i can't stay connected to the internet. Nothing wrong with the cable cause I can stay connected w/o any blinks when using my desktop. Is there something that keeps making it this way. And also my laptop is clean from any virus,spyware,adware,trojan so thats not the problem.

A:DSL light blinks.

Make sure it is the right kind of cable. Many cables can look very similar (virtually identical) but only work in certain envirements.

//daredeval756

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-light-blinks.545061/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi I ve just about had it I am running a Dell Dimension with Windows XP SP I experienced no major issues until August of I first became aware of the little game my PC was playing after installing the Shockwave Flash update Initially freezes, red green I lose light. my and freezes PC audio streaming My light, the problem presented as a white screen when attempting to watch Hulu in full screen A short time after I began experiencing audio drops while both streaming music via Pandora or while engaged in conversation via the VOIP non video side of Skype I don t recall how but the full screen white screen issue disappeared The problems remaining however have proved more frustrating Present day I still experience the audio problems For red light, green light. My PC freezes, I lose audio and my streaming freezes example while talking on Skype to either a landline or cell phone user I will often but not always hear a little pop and the audio will go out The lone remedy I have found is to close the skype window and fully Quit the program Upon which I will promptly hear another pop signifying that audio functionality has resumed While streaming video whether from Hulu Netflix especially or an embedded YouTube on Facebook video will play for a few moments or minutes and then will cease freezing the frame currently showing For the sites red light, green light. My PC freezes, I lose audio and my streaming freezes utilizing Flash the remedy has been Disabling then re-enabling the Shockwave Flash Add-On in Firefox In effort to determine whether this was a Firefox issue I installed Google Chrome and then Internet Explorer this week only to find the same issues present Further I am now experiencing an intermittent out of virtual memory error Running Firefox the other day I did notice something that I am hopeful may be insight to finding a solution to this crap I noticed that if I opened multiple tabs and streamed a movie via Netflix but worked actively in a different tab that the movie streamed flawlessly However within minutes of selecting the Netflix tab putting my hands in lap and chilling the video stream would come to a screaching halt this whether in full screen or while playing inside the browser As well I opened Task Manager and observed time and again that System Idle would jump to at nearly the precise moment that the video would freeze At this point I have had more than enough It s not a Firefox problem as proved by a recreation of the problem in Explorer and Chrome It s not my Drivers i ve updated those It s not Flash as evidenced by the issues Silverlight running Netflix So my question folks is what red light, green light. My PC freezes, I lose audio and my streaming freezes the bleep is it And most importantly how can I make this stop GettingMadInTx

A:red light, green light. My PC freezes, I lose audio and my streaming freezes

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.Publish a Snapshot using SpeccyThe below is for those who cannot get onlinePlease take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375182/red-light-green-light-my-pc-freezes-i-lose-audio-and-my-streaming-freezes/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi guys,
I just bought a Samsung chronos 700 series. It has a 8GB solid state hard drive but I can't see it in My Computer.
Device manager says it is there and working properly. I went into disk management I can see the solid state hard drive but it doesn't have a letter assigned to it. When I right click on it all the options are greyed out - it just won't allow me to assign a letter or to activate the drive. Below it says Healthy (Primary Partition) but I cannot access it and it doesn't have a drive letter. Does anyone know what I'm missing?

Relevancy 67.94%

I am fixing to invest in a solid state hard drive, so a couple questions have been raised. First being how can I move just my OS and not my applications? Or do I have to just start all over again? Second I am looking to get this hard drive but http://goo.gl/ZqIxr but it says it is for Non-PC applications. If I was just planning to put the OS on it would that still be okay?

Relevancy 67.94%

Hello all..

So here's my issue. I have a client who purchased about 15 new pc's. We imaged them all and they seem to be working fine. About a week ago my site contact informed that 10 outta the 15 pc's now have solid hard drive lights all them time. The computers work fine. They are fast and do not have insane processes running. The one issue is when you go to restart or shut them down.... At that point it goes through the shutdown sequence...to the point where the monitors attached will shut off....but power remains on the pc. The pc's need to be forced down in order to power them off. Once you power them on, the light is not solid right away, but will go solid after a day or so. Any ideas on what's going on would be appreciated.
Thanks.

By the way all the machines are Lenovo Thinkcentres.

A:Multple pc's with solid hard drive lights.....

Have you checked the Lenovo site to see if there is a BIOS update that addresses the issue?

If Lenovo doesn't presently have a BIOS update that corrects the issue, I would contact the company, and explain the situation. They may need to write a firmware BIOS update to solve the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multple-pcs-with-solid-hard-drive-lights.925853/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello again I currently run four 250 GB drives in a raid 10 for windows 7 ultimate, doing a complete upgrade MB, Memory, processor etc. but Sata ports on new MB's are always few .... typically 6

been looking at Asus Maximus VI Formula which has ten Sata ports ..... but just found out only six are on the main board not sure yet what u could with other four ?

so I'm now thinking is it better to have 4 hard drives on raid ten, or one solid state drive which would mean I don't need as many Sata ports and look for better board for my needs

A:traditional hard drive vs solid state

Why do you mix raid 0 (striping) and raid 1 (mirroring)?
Striping is for speed. Mirroring is for faster "read speed" and higher availability.
If 1 disk fails.... no problem. You have only 50% of diskspace... because of mirroring. You're talking about RAID1+0 so not about RAID ten.

With 1 SSD you have 100% disk space.... but if it fails you're having problems.

SSD's are very very fast. But also very expensive

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/330063-traditional-hard-drive-vs-solid-state.html
Relevancy 67.94%

All,

I'm looking at buying a SSD, around 60gb. I'm running Win7 64bit.

I have two questions / concerns.

1. Which brand, model. I want to make sure I get a good one.

2. I've been reading about the TRIM function, is this something that Win7 deals with automatically regardless of whichdrive I choose?

Thanks for any advice.....

Relevancy 67.51%

A friend of mines computer starts, but his green monitor light blinks on and off.(he uses a CRT). Any suggestions?

A:Monitor light blinks on and off

The light blinks green? Or orange?
Usually a blinking light means no signal. Meaning the PC is not sending a signal out the video card, meaning something on the PC is trashed.

Easiest thing to do is test the monitor real quick on another PC that IS working. If the monitor works, then something is wrong with the PC. And you'll have to troubleshoot it from there.

But this will get you started. Chances are good it's not the monitor that is the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-light-blinks-on-and-off.47824/
Relevancy 67.51%

AC adapter light blinks amber, white again amber and after this it keeps on blinking white when the lid is closed if lid is opened it starts blinking white all the time. when pc powered on we can find 0% plugged in not charging.I have tried hard reset no useI have also tried uninstalling Microsoft acpi complaint control method battery this also did not helped me..

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/AC-adapter-light-blinks/td-p/5596983
Relevancy 67.51%

Aloha nbsp Pavilion -f dx Windows nbsp Upon nbsp once power light blinks led plugging in nbsp the AC Adapter the laptop power led White blinks once then goes dark nbsp Pressing the start button the nbsp Laptop will not boot and the same LED blinks x's nbsp This behaviour applies when the battery is inserted or not nbsp Also Hard Reset done with no change nbsp No other LED Caps blinks nbsp Also verified both sticks of RAM with no errors used another laptop nbsp nbsp I could not find any reference to this issue nbsp i have already read the HP guide Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes nbsp Please note only LED that blinks is the Power LED nbsp Caps LED does not blink at all nbsp nbsp I have also verified the output of the AC Adapter voltage only nbsp led power light blinks once nbsp The weird thing is this nbsp every so often when plugging in the laptop the Power LED will light up white and stay lit then the laptop will boot with no issue nbsp I have been able to recreate this with the battery inserted or not nbsp nbsp led power light blinks once I am at a loss nbsp Could the Power Jack be intermittent and cause an issue nbsp nbsp Mahalo thank you for any assistance nbsp

A:led power light blinks once

Could be an issue with the battery connectors that connect the battery to the motherboard. However try these 2 steps and let me know if it makes a difference. Step 1: disconnect all external devices including battery & AC adapterPress and hold the power button for 10 seconds to discharge any or all static from the PC. Step 2: Connect back the battery & AC adapterpress the windows key + B and at the same time press the power button.This should clear the BIOS (Incase of BIOS issues or interrupted updates)

Please click ?Accept as Solution ? if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.Click the ?Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say ?Thanks? for helping.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/led-power-light-blinks-once/td-p/5763249
Relevancy 67.51%

i'm stumped. any clue why this might be happening? thx

Relevancy 67.51%

The HD light blinks continuously. Tested holding power down for 10 seconds to fully power off. That didn't have any effect. Suggestions would be appreciated. Thx. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P70-Won-t-Power-On-HD-Light-Blinks/td-p/3317492
Relevancy 67.08%

I just came across this device today:

http://www.lexar.com/ssd/expresscard.html

How does is compare to an average laptop hardrive in terms of performance and reliability? I was thinking about using it to run a couple virtual machines on my laptop and take some of the stress off of the hard drive.

Can you think of any advantages or disadvantages to this device when compared to a hard drive?

Thanks,
Jerry

Relevancy 67.08%

OK I'm over my head here any help Have an entertainment computer with W- Ultimate x that was working like a champ prior to the introduction of a Samsung GB Solid State Drive Before the switch over It has had a T HD now with conflict drives? on W-7 Solid Drive in State hard with the system on it NTFS and a T HD GPT- to get the full T Samsung included a quot Magic quot program that says 'Samsung's new Smart Data Migration software takes the guesswork and headache out of moving your operating system to your new SSD quot It was not the easy job I anticipated and I wound up resetting my W-7 on Solid State Drive now in conflict with hard drives? bios to ON-CHIP SATA TYPE- AHCI for it to be able to recognize the new SDD Wound up reinstalling W- x and now the computer will not recognize either the NTFS drive or the GPT drive loaded with data as a matter of fact the W- program will W-7 on Solid State Drive now in conflict with hard drives? not load now with the W-7 on Solid State Drive now in conflict with hard drives? GPT HD hooked up Disconnect it and it starts fine The NTFS HD had an Acronis safe-zone on it and with just it hooked up the system would not load and an Acronis warning was stopping it I had previously removed the partitions and reformatted the drive NTFS thinking that I had cleaned it but apparently the safe-zone remained I am now in the process of wiping the disk and presenting it as 'unallocated space' to see if the SSD System will recognize it I have a hunch the solution is not that complicated it's just waaaay over my pay grade Any help please

A:W-7 on Solid State Drive now in conflict with hard drives?

Please post back a screenshot of Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image
with all drives connected.

Did you reinstall Win7 to the SSD with the HD's disconnected?

Wipe the drive you say you're cleaning with Diskpart Clean Command,
if necessary from the booted installer's Command Line accessing DISKPART At PC Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298454-w-7-solid-state-drive-now-conflict-hard-drives.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Due to the hard drive failing, I purchased a solid state hard drive.
I tried creating recovery media on the computer but it wasn't working. I purchased the Dell OS Recovery and Restore USB key - part # OKFWKP-74287-56E-0048-A00 which was Windows 8 Professional. 
Dell Inspiron 660S. I noticed that the original operating system was Windows 8 Home though not Professional.
Installed Windows 8 via the Dell OS Recovery and Restore USB key ok. Only problem is it won't activate. I'm guessing it's because the computer came with Windows 8 OEM (Home). I don't see the purpose in purchasing the Dell usb key then. 
I'm guessing I'll have to follow the directions at this link to be able to activate if I want to go to Windows 10 for example.
dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-8-1-retail-and-oem-iso
Service Tag Removed Per Privacy Policy.

A:Solid State hard drive replacement - activation

It seems Dell just sent you out the wrong Edition of Recovery USB.
Follow my guide (the one you linked to) and it should activate correctly.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19652251
Relevancy 67.08%

Maybe this is a really stupid question, but here goes.

I have three hard drives, and one is dedicated to my operating system. I would to copy that entire hard drive onto a new solid state drive to make it run faster.

Because I have so many programs and settings all figured out, I'd love to just basically copy the whole drive over, exactly how it is now. As I understand, I need to create a disc image in order to do this.

Is this possible? Am I able to basically swap the hard drives, and use a disc image to basically make the computer think it's the exact same hard drive? Can something like this be done?

Apologise for my ignorance, I'm not up to speed with disc images and I'm not sure how they work.

Thanks for your time!

A:Copy hard drive image to new solid state

acronis disk manager suite, can do this.
You may have issues with the bootmgr afterwards, but it'll do a bit by bit duplication of any partition onto another. ....it's a slow process but it's worked for me several times in the past.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/140864-copy-hard-drive-image-new-solid-state.html
Relevancy 66.65%

My hard drive sometimes shuts off after the computer has been on for a long time (about 4 hours). Everything else like the fans remains on. Can anyone explain possible causes? Also i need a way to read minidumps because when I open them i get a whole load of wierd symbols... anyone know a program?

A:My Hard drive keeps shutting off but everything else stays on

Sounds to me like your Hard drive is dying, how old is it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hard-drive-keeps-shutting-off-but-everything-else-stays-on.45149/
Relevancy 66.65%

Went to logon to a laptop yesterday Dell D and have used stays Drive hijacked has - it? on something Hard for almost years and after windows XP sp booted noticed the hard drive light stayed on solid green have a Dell D after a few minutes nothing would load and Hard Drive stays on - something has hijacked it? seemed like the laptop was quot locked quot Hard drive never shut off and could not get it to respond to anything Have tried to run various tools in safe mode and in normal mode but performance is about at best Click on something and wait Hard Drive stays on - something has hijacked it? a few minutes for response if it comes back Have tried to get to task manager and everytime there it shows the CPU does not show activity just the hard drive is showing quot active quot The system idle process is the only thing using memory Just after a restart have to pull the battery to get Laptop to shut down or reboot their is a brief window of about - minutes when a tool or utility will run but then it just bogs down Tried running AVG in normal windows mode and ran for hours and got just about to done and still had not found anything Also ran hard drive utility western digital quick check last night to make sure it was okay and what normally takes a couple minutes took almost hours then I interruptted it I have used many of the freeware tools on the laptop in the past - adaware spybot and avg Someonme suggested a windows restore and tried to start that a little bit ago Can try to run utilities suggested but concerned they will have the same trouble as all other programs to this point may take days to run have tried to get advice from some other friends but this is only forum posted this on

A:Hard Drive stays on - something has hijacked it?

Hi,

Hi,

Welcome to TSF,

Please follow all the guidelines in THIS THREAD and post the logs back for review.

Please Do Not start a new thread, please post everything back to here.

If you are unable to complete the procedure, please let me know.

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hard-drive-stays-on-something-has-hijacked-it-597910.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I'm new here so here goes. I have a 1TB WD external hard drive here (USB 3.0) but it recently stopped working. The light blinks every half second. I try to access it with Explorer or 7-zip but they freeze, YET when i unplug the drive everything instantly comes back to normal and Explorer works fine again. I tried WD's Data Lifeguard, same problem. I tried other recovery software, same problem. Tried many USB cables and at least 3 computers, but I've encountered the same problem. What do I do? Should I just look for professional services? (I use Windows 7 Ultimate.)

A:WD external hard drive freezes my computer

sounds like a fault on the WD external harddrive thats causing an issue on the PC
i would get it replaced under the warranty , not sure how long the warranty is - but most drives come with more than 1 year.
the issue maybe getting data off the drive, if its the case thats broken, as some of the WD drives with encrypted using a chip thats on the Case USB circuitry
http://www.prosofteng.com/blog/western-digital-hardware-encryption/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wd-external-hard-drive-freezes-my-computer.1134077/
Relevancy 66.65%

Help! Yesterday my computer was runniing slow so I held the power button and manually turned it off outta frustration. Now it won't turn back on. :[

If I spam the button enough I can get the light to blink once, an orangish color very briefly.

So yeah, won't turn on. Help please :'''''''(

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi, I have a 712C and I recently bought a new ink cartridge. When I popped the thing in I closed the cover and it still says I need toner... I'm thinking HP does it by printed pages and I dont know how to reset my printer toner!!! Please help!

A:712C Toner light blinks... For ever..

-Main idea-
How do I reset my printer toner???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/712c-toner-light-blinks-for-ever.500024/
Relevancy 66.65%

just built x-navigator and have a problem with the temperature readout, it constantly blinks. does anyone know what could be wrong or how to fix it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/x-naigator-temperature-light-blinks.93959/
Relevancy 66.65%

Not sure if i'm in the right place, but just wanted to see if I could get any help with this problem. I "tried" to turn on my computer the other day and nothing happened, the power light just blinked an amber color with no noise or anything. I know that if it buzzes or makes a sound it can be determined what the problem is, but it does nothing. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? Thanks

Relevancy 66.65%

When I sign out of my user profile on my 2 Acer laptops and then click shut down, the computer goes black indicating that it is shutting down. However, the power light blinks until it shuts down completely. I don't know if it's a hardware issue or what but when hibernation is disabled, it tells you its shutting down and the power light doesn't blink (instead it shuts down normally). This is not a UEFI BIOS, it is a Legacy BIOS therefore it doesn't have the option to enable or to disable fast startup. This occurs on my Acer Aspire 5250 and Acer Aspire 5749 laptops. My Acer desktop doesn't do this, but it has a UEFI BIOS.

Can anyone understand what I am saying?

Also, if someone understands can they please help me with this issue?

A:Power Light blinks before Shutting Down

It could also be the chipset driver. Although, I don't know what version chipset I have.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38154-power-light-blinks-before-shutting-down.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey I m really after some help here my problem is as follows I bought a new Alienware M x laptop from Dell a light red help, into blinks DSL when (plz WoW desperate) logging few days ago and my internet connection is fine so it seems however i have bumped into this issue that i simply cannot get my head around When i try to log into the game WoW on my laptop which is connected wirelessly to the router my DSL DSL light blinks red when logging into WoW (plz help, desperate) light blinks DSL light blinks red when logging into WoW (plz help, desperate) red and disconnects me its very frustrating The only thing i think it could be is something to do with a packet overflow Ive checked the connections and rebooted my modem I m really on my last leg here i have no idea whats wrong with it I played WoW on my old desktop PC on the same connection for almost years and this problem occured very rarely but it did happen a few times but on the laptop it happens on a good of my logins I can t understand why the changing of the computers would cause an issue so i guess it has to be the router itself I have a Bigpond router and the gateway is a HGV-W My internet speed is mb and i am not capped The router supports wireless connections and i am running windows on a virus free brand new laptop Please somebody help me or post if u have the same issue Cheers nbsp

A:DSL light blinks red when logging into WoW (plz help, desperate)

Given that the router apparently disconnects, I'd try these two steps. It appears that the router is disconnecting. The other possibility would be an ISP issue with the connection, but I'd try this first.

Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-light-blinks-red-when-logging-into-wow-plz-help-desperate.933486/
Relevancy 66.65%

i have a ADSL modem connected to a wireless Access Point.
i recently found that whether i am using internet or not, whether my pc is on or off. The Lan 100 light of the ADSL modem and the light for 100M in Access Point remain blinking.

what it could be? some one is using my internet? or ?

thnks

A:DSL Modem's LAN light blinks most of the time

Well, the first thing to do is to make sure your wireless is secure. If you use WPA/WPA2 encryption with a strong random key, that will do the job.

FWIW, my lights are constantly blinking too, even though there is no activity. That happens with my Verizon FiOS now, as well as my old Comcast account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-modems-lan-light-blinks-most-of-the-time.658903/
Relevancy 66.65%

The tablet will not bootup. No screen display. The Caps lock key blinks . I tried holding Power tab in for 15 sec's the caps light would blink for 3 sec.s then hear a click and light goes out. nothing else happens..any help here? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/No-bootup-caps-light-blinks/td-p/5785956
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi Friends,

I am trying to fix an Emachine T1842, replaced bad PSU with new one (exact match) when power on , only the power on light blinks rapidly, that is all it does, won't even boot to bios. is it MoBo or cpu? have already spent $60.00 on PSU. Emachine want $175 for mobo -- NO GO could it be the power on switch? anyone have a problem like this? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-on-light-blinks-no-bootup.669719/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have an A PTSE A- and am attempting to install a Kingston GB SSHD When I boot it is displayed in the POST and also in BIOS When in the Windows pre installation environment the drive is displayed in quot Where do you want to install windows quot I can see the drive and the partition delete and create a new partiton Message quot Windows cannot be installed to disk partiton show details Details gt Windows cannot be installed to this disk The computers hardware may not support booting to this disk Ensure that drive state hard Tecra Solid issue boot - A11 the disk's controller is enabled in the computers BIOS menu I have checked drive in BIOS and seems to be in order Are there controller drivers required for this drive Toshiba hardware or Kingston Does anyone know of a controller driver needed as I have searched the web and cannot find controller driver for this drive I didn't think there should be any drivers required to install windows to Tecra A11 - Solid state hard drive boot issue a solid state drive but there must be something out there Assistance appreciated

A:Tecra A11 - Solid state hard drive boot issue

Hi

Trying to install Windows 7 no special controller drivers are required because Windows 7 already contains the common Microsoft controller driver.

Just one question: was the SSD drive formatted and new partition created before trying to install Win 7?
Should be done?

Are you using the Toshiba Recovery disk in order to install the system on this SSD drive?
Should use such disk? the recovery disk could be created using the preinstalled Toshiba Recovery disk Creator which was part of the running system preinstalled and configured by Toshiba

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?67599-Tecra-A11-Solid-state-hard-drive-boot-issue
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi all, I've been having a problem where my HDD light suddenly becomes solid, and my computer slows right down. I won't be running any intensive applications, it'll just occur, so I don't think it's a memory problem. I have 4 GB of memory on a 2.1Ghz dual core processor. I don't know if I need to be posting any logs. I'm running Nod32 antivirus and Comodo firewall.

A:HDD light solid

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.Publish a Snapshot using SpeccyThe below is for those who cannot get onlinePlease take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458128/hdd-light-solid/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have an external hard drive that I bought off of eBay about two years stays External - Hard LED Drive Orange or so ago and I am having trouble with it On the case of the hard drive it says quot Rock Mobile Disk quot When you take the protective case off it says Manufactured by Magnetic Data Technologies Drive Parameters RPM ATA MB BUF VDC VDC MDL MD -BABW DATE APR Back when it was working properly you would turn it on and the LED light would go from Orange to Green A while External Hard Drive - LED stays Orange ago I would turn it on and it would stay orange for a few minutes and then turn green now it seems as if it will not turn to green anymore Does this sound like there is a unfixable problem I would have no problem buying a new one or anything like that except I used my external hard drive to house my music which is in the thousands in quantity So I would like to do everything I can to try to resolve this problem Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi, I got two 40Gb hard drives on my system (C and E). I had a problem with drive E which is the secondary drive. The error was: "The file or directory E:\ is corrupt and unreadable". I managed to recover all the data from the drive and then formatted it. But now when i try to copy some data from the drive C into it, the computer freezes for a little while every 1 second more or less as data is being transferred. Any idea?
Thank you in advance for your help.
jhsa

Relevancy 65.79%

I bought an HP v w GB USB flash drive off of Amazon and when I plugged it into my USB port and tried to transfer files to it my computer froze and I had to hold the power button to shut it down This happens every time I try to access the flash drive Additionally I have other external hard drives that has always Drive Accessed Computer External Hard is Freezes When worked for me for years and now those too are freezing my computer when I try to access them It seems like the HP flash drive affected my computer in such a way that it is preventing other devices from working properly I have gone into Device Manager and uninstalled the USB Host drivers and restarted my computer That did not solve the problem I have tried using different USB ports on my computer and that has not made a difference I have tried uninstalling the drivers for the individual external hard drives and then have them be reinstalled the next time I plug them in That has not worked For some reason though when I connect my old external hard drives through a powered USB hub I do not experience the freezing What sucks is that I think my USB Hub is USB so it takes forever for anything to transfer Every time I plug in the HP flash drive into the USB Hub I get a message saying the driver could not be properly loaded or that I don't have access to the drive et cetera I am pretty sure the HP flash drive is no good and needs to be returned but does anyone know what I can do to prevent my old external hard drives from freezing my computer without the use of a USB hub

A:Computer Freezes When External Hard Drive is Accessed

Hello and welcome Ben mate a little more specs would help mate because to see what speed USB the machine supports we need at least the model and more inportnatly the motherboard.
Use this to find those details out.
Using HW Info
You can test the volts on the PSU with HW Info HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download < download the right bit version and close the right hand window select Sensors and scroll down to the power section where you will see what the volts are doing see my pic.
The original right hand window shows the machine running and is handy for that but for looking at the components in some detail close it and use the main left hand side panel
FOR OTHER COMPONENTS
Open each + down into the component itself and then click on it - in the right hand side will appear all sorts of details including brands speeds and other essential info that device. See pic for example.
Use the lower part and find the model of the motherboard please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364179-computer-freezes-when-external-hard-drive-accessed.html
Relevancy 65.79%

It Stops Drive Computer Spinning Freezes/Hard all started when I was running Pro Tools on my computer I was using a lot of CPU not more than normal and suddenly my computer froze The keyboard mouse were useless so I had to restart But after restarting the hard drive was not recognized by my motherboard In fact my motherboard barely could boot up the bios I couldn t access the bios Computer Freezes/Hard Drive Stops Spinning Eventually I let it sit for a couple of hours and when I restarted I could boot up and as soon as Windows loaded I got the blue screen of death So months later and multiple dead ends the ending is the same the computer freezes and then the HD stops spinning I tried another hard drive installed Computer Freezes/Hard Drive Stops Spinning Vista got the blue screen once but it seems to work ok Granted I haven t run any programs that require a lot of memory All my sticks of RAM work I tried updating drivers and that didn t solve it I removed my video card so now am using the on board video card I disabled the sound card just in case what am I missing Um anyone have any suggestions Is this a software or hardware glitch Could it be my power supply The power supply fan is running and so is the CPU fan The case has been off since this happened so plently of air flow I think the case temperature said - degrees F The bios is loaded as FAIL SAFE defaults I ve had the computer for years and never had a problem I know Vista can be unstable but I didn t download any updates since last year I did try to run the windows memory diagnostic and it said I had a hardware problem and didn t get past on the first test I had run it about a month ago and everything passed My computer is Gigabyte GA-G M-DS R S Intel Pentium Core Quad WD raptor GB GB of RAM anything else you need nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

sir i have a dell 6400 which does not start and the cap light and the scroll lock light blinks for 45 sec and the labtop completely shuts down.tried all stuffs like removing the ram hard drive battery but same problem. please help

Relevancy 65.79%

So I just purchased a refurbished Thinkpad Yoga, and all was great for a little while. Then I decided to shut it down and set it aside for a few minutes. After coming back, it now refuses to even POST. I tried every power cycle I could think of, in various combinations, and browsed several forums. In the end I found no functional solution. Current Status: System responds in no way other than the 'i' light (in the Thinkpad logo) blinking three times when the charger is connected, or the same when the reset button is pressed while the charger is still connected. Nothing else illicits any sort of beep, light, or otherwise. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks and regards.

Solved!

Go to Solution.

A:Thinkpad S1 Yoga - Won't boot, only blinks light t...

I have a feeling you had opened up the back cover to fiddle around with the components (be it a change of SSD or the 3g/4g modem). the symptoms you described sounds exactly like a disconnect MB cable. you can try to open up the back cover, and around the left side, you will see a cable labelled "MB". secure it properly, and the computer should be responsive now.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-S1-Yoga-Won-t-boot-only-blinks-light-three-times/td-p/1793359
Relevancy 65.79%

Yea, this happens sometimes, but it happened to me 3 TIMES today. The DSL Light Slowly Blinks Green on my Modem/Router (I don't know the difference) and the Internet light goes out and I lose internet connection. It lasts 5 minutes to 5 hours, it varies. My router/modem is an Actiontec GT724WG with TDS Telecom ISP. Powerlight always stays solid.

A:DSL Light Slowly Blinks and I lose connection

First step is to check with your ISP to see if they are having problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-light-slowly-blinks-and-i-lose-connection.731760/
Relevancy 65.79%

a little bit of background first i no longer have a battery for my laptop i can only use it when the adapter is plugged into it nbsp yesterday i tried turning it on but it doesnt this morning i tried turning it on again and it turned on for a few seconds then it died after a few frustrating into Light laptop i plug AC my it Adapter when blinks tries i noticed that the AC adapter light would blink on and off like it wasnt supplying power to my laptop and because my laptop no longer has a battery it dies i tried to plug the adapter to another socket because i thought it was a grounded socket issue but the same thing happens nbsp a friend of mine suggested that it may be the radeon video card that i had got somehow fried or overheated or something so we tried uninstalling it yes there was a time it stayed on long enough for me to log in and uninstall my video card sometimes it would take seconds for the AC adapter AC Adapter Light blinks when i plug it into my laptop light to blink and die sometimes it takes minutes or so nbsp after uninstalling my video card the same thing still happens when i turn it on sometimes it only takes a couple of seconds before it dies sometimes even if i dont turn it on the AC adapter light would go on and off like there was something disrupting the flow of electricity from my socket to my AC adapter to my laptop that causes the light to blink on and off very fast nbsp AC Adapter Light blinks when i plug it into my laptop could it be a power supply issue

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/AC-Adapter-Light-blinks-when-i-plug-it-into-my-laptop/td-p/5684613
Relevancy 65.79%

I doubt anyone here remembers but I made a topic here last month regarding a laptop I was attempting to fix Basically someone spilt soda over it work... light Laptop power won't blinks just and tried to repair it but after that failed he gave it to me and told me that if I could fix it I could keep it At that point the problem was when I turned it on the screen would stay black but I could hear noises and the power light slowly flashed I noticed that there was no memory in it though and since the issues seemed to reflect that I decided to buy some ram and hope that it was going Laptop won't work... power light just blinks to be my only problem Well unfortunatly it wasn t Now the problem has changed that the power light flashes faster than before but the screen still remains blank Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be EDIT On a second test it appers that the flashing is the same speed as before Also when I attempt to turn it on the ligh will stay on for a second and I can almost hear the laptop starting up but that stops when the light begins to blink nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Hey all Weird one here Got myself a new graphics card the other Power before light blinks boot system day upgrading from a Radeon Power light blinks before system boot x pro which died after odd years of good service to the Radeon HD and everything seems to have gone successful except for since installing it when I press the power button to boot the PC s Power light blinks before system boot power light will blink times and then boot up normally on the th blink I was kinda in minds about whether or not to troubleshoot this if I m honest but figured I might as well in case it could be causing some kinda damage I can t see any error s appearing nothing in event logs as far as I can tell the PSU should be more than capable everything seems to be performing as expected it s just these blinks before the system starts to boot I ve reseated the memory and Graphics and tried booting with a few non-essential components disconnected which fixed it for the first boot but the issue reappeared for every boot after that As well as my listed components I ve also got a PCI NIC D-link DGE- T wireless KBoard Mouse USB Wireless Adapter a SATA DVD RW and a couple of fans x mm x mm and xLED mm any ideas Cheers Sean nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

My G72 will not start.  I have tried all the tricks for unplugging power cable, battery, holding the button down, etc. I have pulled RAM, verified power to the system board using a voltmeter.... No matter what I try, when I put the battery in and hook it to power, then press the power button, the AC power LED blinks three times.  It does this if the power is not hooked up; it does not do it if the battery's removed (with AC power). I have tried two separate AC adapters, known working ones. I have voltage at the system board, so I don't think it's the power connector.  The system responds only with the 3 blinks when I hit the power switch. What do the three blinks mean? I can find nothing online specific, and it's out of warranty.

A:G72 Laptop AC Power LED Light Blinks 3 Times. What does this...

If the LEDs are blinking with you turn on the notebook, refer the following weblink:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443366 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/G72-Laptop-AC-Power-LED-Light-Blinks-3-Times-What-does-this/td-p/2547359
Relevancy 65.79%

sir i had bought dell 6400 last year.it worked fine but yesterday it did not boot i tries all stuffs even changed the ram removed battery but it fails to start.please help

A:dell 6400 light blinks for 45 sec does not booth

Likely a failed hard drive. Still under warranty? Call Dell to replace.
Some owners have trouble if they converted from WXP Pro to VISTA Home Premium witht the free update disc. In which case, you have to reinstall WXP first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-6400-light-blinks-for-45-sec-does-not-booth.83679/
Relevancy 65.79%

Review: Hard disk vs. solid-state drive -- is an SSD worth the money? (3 web pages).

SSDs have the speed, but HDDs have the capacity

-- Tom

P.S. Why Hard Disk Is a Better Bargain Than SSD.

Review: Three new Western Digital drives hit top speeds.

These hard drives hit top rpms and data-transfer rates.

A:Review: Hard disk vs. solid-state drive -- is an SSD worth the money?

It's probably a good idea to wait a while on these things. Most people who have bought machines expecting nearly instantaneous response have been underwhelmed by the performance increases. And with the prices in the 300+% higher range, it may not be worth the money for most.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/review-hard-disk-vs-solid-state-drive-is-an-ssd-worth-the-money.836325/
Relevancy 65.79%

my laptop used to sound like a stereo (the internal original speakers), i could jam the better portion of my house with it.
now, after this new hard drive was installed (by a repair service) - it sounds, well, like a laptop.

its not very loud even with all the seemingly possible volume controls on the highest level.
but its not just an issue of volume, it sounds "distant", without bass, like at the other end of a long tunnel.

any suggestions before i have to sacrifice a day of bringing my laptop back to the repair guy?

A:Had new Solid State hard drive installed, now audio sounds funny

Check to see if any of your mixer control settings have been changed, not just volume levels.

I'm referring to digital processing settings that might add or omit reverb, extra bass, or maybe simulate certain venues--such as a stadium, a concert hall, a living room, a beer joint, etc.

Do you know that you are now using the same sound driver as before the SSD was installed? Maybe the repair service changed that too, accidentally or on purpose, for unknown reasons.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/372024-had-new-solid-state-hard-drive-installed-now-audio-sounds-funny.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Once or twice a week my Dell Dimension XP Pro SP machine will free solid and Cntr-Alt-Delete does nothing the mouse does nothing The screen just shows what I was working on when it froze The interesting thing with HD freeze SP3 Pro solid on light XP PC is the hard disk light is on XP Pro SP3 PC freeze with HD light on solid solid I have to unplug the computer to reboot it I ran spinrite on the drive but found no problems I see my event log after the crash shows The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x e xc x f xb df x I had read online here that A bugcheck of x e combined with the first parameter of xc indicates that a driver attempted to access an area of memory that it should not have I'll XP Pro SP3 PC freeze with HD light on solid attach a zip file named Archive zip with the contents of my windows minidump and msinfo nfo file In case anyone knows how to read them and tell me if they see anything out of the ordinary Thanks John

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-pro-sp3-pc-freeze-with-hd-light-on-solid-360608.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I'm using windows haven't had many problems until now I just moved into a new apartment and i worry it's some power related damage Windows boot from won't on or CD Computer Hard Startup, Drive. Freezes i don't know I had the computer running when i moved in Then i went to buy groceries came back accidentally kicked the power strip on off switch beneath the desk with my foot and windows hasn't started since When i start the computer i have full access to my bios if i boot Computer Freezes on Startup, won't boot from Windows CD or Hard Drive. from my HD i am shown a windows error recovery screen asking me to start windows startup repair or Computer Freezes on Startup, won't boot from Windows CD or Hard Drive. start windows normally Selecting startup repair gets me a loading bar then a black screen maybe after min i will get a blue screen like the background of the ui when installing windows If i start windows normally i get the windows logo then a very fast BSOD flash then the computer restarts Booting from my windows install disk lets me choose between install and repair language selection then it freezes and i get the same windows style back slash ad infinitum Thanks guys i really hope i don't have any permanent damage Anxiously awaiting your replies

A:Computer Freezes on Startup, won't boot from Windows CD or Hard Drive.

What Brand and Model PC?

Since you can get into the bios look for a PC(hardware) Health page and check the temps and voltage listings(12v, 5v, 3.3v).

If it a stock OEM PC reset to factory defaults save and exit the bios.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-freezes-on-startup-wont-boot-from-windows-cd-or-hard-drive-660434.html