Windows Support Forum

Power blip - Blue screen on startup

Q: Power blip - Blue screen on startup

There was a power outage/spike for one second today, all the lights fliped off and back on, reset all electric devices. I was using my computer at the time. when it went to restart while on the starting windows screen it stops, blue screens.

the screen says BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

I ran a chkdsk in the cmd of the repair partition. all checks came back ok.

I reseated everything in my case.

I tried booting from a bootable usb to repair windows and was unable to boot from it.

Im assuming something is broken and I will obviously need to get a better surge protector or a ups. Though the hd seems the most logical thing to be broken the chkdsk comming back ok leaves me with no ideas.

any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Power blip - Blue screen on startup

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Power blip - Blue screen on startup

Reboot or turn on the machine. As soon as you see your machine's name logo splash screen keep tapping F8. Go to "Advanced Options" or "Repair Computer" Select your language then "Repair Your Computer" An installation of Windows should be detected after that select "Next"

If that does not fix the issue. Do the same as before go to Next again go to command prompt type in

Code:

CHKDSK C: /R
Go to Memtest86+ download the ISO image then burn it to a blank cd using Imgburn (how to burn an ISO image to cd using Imgburn) burn at lowest speed. With the newly burned cd and one RAM module at a time, boot with the cd and run at least 7 passes errors will be in RED

Repeat the process with each RAM Module at a time.

Downloading UBCD which is in my signature.Burn the ISO Image to a blank CD using Imgburn (How to burn a ISO Image using Imgburn) burn at lowest speed. With the newly burned cd boot with the cd go to HDD>Diagnostics>The make and model of your hard drive, Seagate, Maxtor, Drive Fitness which is Hitachi, Or Western Digital. Perform a short and long test. Could also be called "Standard" and "Extended" test or also "Comprehensive" test. The Seagate HDD diagnostics tools will work on most hard drives.

If you can not find the right test for your hard drive your OEM computer may have it's own hard drive diagnostics testing tool. Refer to your OEM computer documentation to find out how to access these test. Also try going to the manufacture of your machine to find documentation about it. Also consider going to the manufacture of your hard drive to look to see if they have hard drive diagnostics test. The ideal test or method would include an ISO that could be burned via an image to a cd which would be made bootable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/power-blip-blue-screen-on-startup-656234.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi All,
I recently acquired a used Lenovo Y580 laptop. The previous owner had a dual boot system in place (now removed and only running win7 ultimate.)

The issue I have is when the system is turned on, a less than 1/2 second blip of the dual boot screen flashes on the laptop display, disappears and then win7 boots up. This "dual boot flash of the screen" is really annoying.
A search on how to resolve this stated to go into the Control Panel/System/Advanced system settings and then into the settings of startup and recovery to uncheck the "time to display list of operating systems".
I found it was unchecked already.

There is no other OS to boot on.
So why does it flash a quick glimpse of the dual boot dispay?
I'd like to remove this.

Thank you.

A:How to remove the flash blip of the dual boot screen at startup

Hi mjjr, Welcome to Sevenforums.

Try this tutorial. This will help you.

Windows Boot Manager - Delete a Listed Operating System

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/315646-how-remove-flash-blip-dual-boot-screen-startup.html
Relevancy 67.51%

We have bellsouth dsl. I recently got a versalink Westell router from bs. Desktop is ethernet and we have one wireless laptop. After a power blip (both computers restarted, but oven and cable box clocks didn't mess up) the laptop would not connect to network. I kept typing in the WEP key on properties, which was so long and it still wouldn't connect. I tried using the bellsouth disk to set up laptop and when I typed in serial number and went through various steps, I got message to recheck serial number (which of course I had typed in correctly). Then I restored laptop to a prior point-it had been running wireless for over a week, still not able to connect. Finally I disable the WEP on wired desktop and then laptop and it connected immediately. Not sure what to do next.

A:Lost wireless connection after power blip

Did you unplug the Westell router and modem for a minute or so, then reconnect them? You may also have to reconfigure the router if the configuration got scrambled by the power glitch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-wireless-connection-after-power-blip.479275/
Relevancy 60.63%

One of our computers, running Windows XP, has something wrong. I suspect a virus.

When it turns on, it goes to the Welcome screen and then the BSOD.

Being the knowledgeable chap I am, I tried Safe Mode and it starts up perfectly fine.

Other than that, I have no other information unless you want what the BSOD says.

Thanks for any help.

A:Blue screen of death on startup, normal startup on safemode

24 hours... *bump*

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330342/blue-screen-of-death-on-startup-normal-startup-on-safemode/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi thanks startup, death Black at Solved: all blue with began screen screen a of for checking Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen my question I haven t found an answer to my particular situation Dell xps m laptop w vista It all started with a blue screen w scrolling text after the fated restart The blue screen text said quot if this is the first time you ve seen this message quot and then comp restarted again showing the blue screen then restarted into windows repair mode after repair mode tried to fix Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen the problem comp restarted then the screen went black blank right after the little windows loading animation where the bar keeps moving from left to right and there s a small windows logo It all happened fast so there may have been steps I forgot but that s the jist of it Now screen always goes black blank during startup after the windows loading animation so I can t start windows in normal mode I can start in safe mode if I manually force shutdown by holding the power button so I m not imploding with fear ok I am Possible causes This occured right after installing vista updates that restart was when I saw the blue screen Also occured the restart after running a patch called quot Vista TCP IP and UAC AutoPatch quot I downloaded it from softpedia the developer was listed as defcon and their website listed was securevista net but the site is down I found this out after the problem occured The patch had lots of positive reviews and lots of people on other sites also suggest using it to remove the limit of tcp connections which windows unnecessarily imposes Removing the limit supposedly increases P P filesharing speeds so it s a common approach to slow utorrent problems etc to patch the tcp sys file I have since quot unpatched quot it using the unpatch file which came with it but I m suspicious of the software developer now The patch originally disabled UAC user account control which is suspicious to me but I m not highly tech savy so I dunno if that s common or not I did also remove mcafee s security center I was busy I guess that was a mistake should always restart after each big change I apologize for the complication this creates in identifying the problem It s possible I did something else before the fatal restart if none of these three could be the culprit then I ll think harder about what that could be but for now these changes stand out in my mind I m assuming that windows repair mode s changes didn t cause this problem but I don t have any factual reason to believe that What could this be What can I do Thank you p s This is the last time I ever install software from a company that doesn t have an active website even if this wasn t the problem s cause nbsp

A:Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-of-death-at-startup-all-began-with-a-blue-screen.804669/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all Starting Messages, on Black startup Error with Screen Blue Blank Screen yesterday my computer would go through startup while loading the desktop it would crash to blue screen with white text unfortunately I can t remember the exact error Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup message If restarted it Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup either goes to a blank black screen or back to blue and I could only get the computer to operate in safe mode with networking My antivirus software avast free malwarebytes scanned and found no infections I have Windows Samsung laptop Today I was Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup able to start the computer normally and am functioning with internet still acting a little funny but I am sure something is still not right I also did a system restore last night with the same problems crashing not starting up Any assistance would be highly appreciated Thanks in advance Brit PS I goofily started a similar topic in the quot Windows quot forum section without knowing this section was down here Sorry I tried to delete the topic post but couldn t Thanks

A:Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup

Hello,I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient while I assist you.Some points for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us Please do NOT run, install or uninstall any programs, unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post. Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process. Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.----------------------------------------------Please do the following:Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe on your desktop to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click on change parametersUnder Objects to scan, check the box next to Loaded modulesIf you are asked to reboot, then click Yes.NextCheck the boxes next to Loaded modules, Verify file digital signatures, Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do NOT choose Delete or Quarantine unless instructed.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the full contents of that file in your next reply.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automati... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467144/blue-screen-with-error-messages-blank-black-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello.

Just today, I turned on my computer and got the blue screen of death, so I restarted my PC. Then a black screen came up saying "Windows could not start beacuse the following file is missing or corrupt : \windows\system32\config\system."

You can attempt to repair this file by putting the winxp cd in etc...

Now when i turn on my computer there is just a black screen showing, with nothing at all on it.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks very much for your help.

A:Blue screen of death, boot problems, black screen startup

It's a nasty error that requires some persistance and resourcefullness to overcome without a clean install.

If you have a Windows CD or have the recovery console installed, you might want to have a go at these directions.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307545

Forum example of a successful recovery here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195985

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-boot-problems-black-screen-startup.382012/
Relevancy 58.05%

i'm sorry but i've had it so here is what happens first you should know i had to take my pc to the shop bought a new hdd and reinstalled windows xp service pack I press the power button windows start loading sometimes a blue screen appears and if you wait long enough a startup, when freezes screen Blue at works welcome screen, at unplugged monitor welcome screen and that's it Sometimes is goes past the welcome screen it loads normally and freezes after half an hour I took it to the shop and it worked fine Blue screen at startup, freezes at welcome screen, works when monitor unplugged there Brought it back home still blue screen etc It start normally if i unplug the monitor Sometimes if i plug it back in the monitor start normally other times it just stays black i'll give you Blue screen at startup, freezes at welcome screen, works when monitor unplugged any information needed but it will take a while since i don't have the heart to restart my pc this many times i think in the last two days i've restarted it like times no kiddin' ok thank you System AMD Sempron tm Processor GHz mb of RAM Monitor Samsung syncmaster sn Graphic Card nvidia geforce Also here are some errors warnings from the system log The NVIDIA Update Service Daemon service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified The DNS Client service could not contact any DNS servers for a repeated number of attempts For the next seconds the DNS Client service will not use the network to avoid further network performance problems It will resume its normal behavior after that If this problem persists verify your TCP IP configuration specifically check that you have a preferred and possibly an alternate DNS server configured If the problem continues verify network conditions to these DNS servers or contact your network administrator Timeout milliseconds waiting for a transaction response from the NVSvc service The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more time sources however none of the sources are currently accessible No attempt to contact a source will be made for minutes NtpClient has no source of accurate time

A:Blue screen at startup, freezes at welcome screen, works when monitor unplugged

It seems to me that you might have a bad/dying power supply unit.

How long have you got the computer?

Take it to the shop and let them test it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-at-startup-freezes-at-welcome-screen-works-when-monitor-unplugged-617389.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi there I have been stuck with the above issue for the last couple of days and would appreciate some help asap In reflecting on the above the comp is at the point where it is continuously restarting I was able to insert the installation required disk it was asking me for Screen, Prior restarting) (cont Vista Blue Screen - Startup earlier and was able to open up to a screen resembling safe-mode However I can no longer do this on my own or through quot start-up repair quot If it is helpful in reading the start-up repair screen and seeing quot windows cannot repair the comp automatically quot as well as looking throughthe quot problem details quot I see recall seeing possible registry errors such Prior Blue Screen, Startup Screen (cont restarting) - Vista as quot rollback registry quot If this can not be fixed or is not a quick fix I am also open to the idea of reseting reformatting the hard drive but only if I can recover some files using open-source software such as recuva or the like Appreciate the help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/prior-blue-screen-startup-screen-cont-restarting-vista.1170476/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello, I'm not sure why i have such long start up screens, or what information you may need. But after my blue screen i log back into windows 7 RC and this shows up:

Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7057.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000000000010
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFF800030471C5
OS Version: 6_1_7057
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\011110-187466-01.dmp
C:\Users\Steven\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-241005-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Highlights - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

A:Long Startup screen and Blue screen every 2-3 hours

We need the dump - otherwise try Who Crashed:

Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/54575-long-startup-screen-blue-screen-every-2-3-hours.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Today, each time that I power up computer after a few seconds, appears a Blue Screen with no numbers or letters displayed except the loading circle symbol spinning. After a few seconds have elapsed, I press the computer's power switch off, computer powers off without any requests for repair. Powering up again,carries out as normal power up procedure, computer now functions as normal.

A:Cause of a Blue Screen at each power up.

Are you saying that the problem is resolved?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/303840-cause-blue-screen-each-power-up.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I was able to transfer the hard drive to another HP laptop I have and it started fine and installed the drivers for it on startup...

The problem happened yesterday after gaming for a while, restarted the computer and BSOD came up after the black windows starting screen. I could get in with safe mode but only for a few moments before the computer just automatically shut off, like someone just pulled the power to it...

I checked with BlueScreenView on this computer and saw bug check string SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION bug check code 0x0000003b which according to microsoft is "linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code."

If someone could look at the files and hopefully some ideas how to fix it, would be great thanks

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Guys,

My laptop (Gateway MT3705) has some problem when it is running on battery power.
It runs on Windows Vista Home Premium, here is its spec: http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3499&review=Gateway+MT3705

When my laptop is running on battery, a blue screen comes up at random times and reboots my computer. This is really annoying, and I am afraid that it will cost damage to my hard drive.

The laptop is completely fine when it is plugged-in, no blue screens or whatnot.

I have no idea what is going on, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-while-on-battery-power.616230/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am using a Dell Inspiron 8600 and everytime I power on I get this blue screen that says "A problem has been detected and the windows has beeen shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

I have tried using safe mode but am unable to it brings me right back to the blue screen. I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions or a fix to the problem. I would really appreciate it, thanks.

A:Blue Screen Everytime I Power On

Never a good sign. Here is Microsoft's help. Scroll down to the part about damaged file system since you didn't just install XP. BTW - the error codes that you get with the blue screen are important in diagnosing this problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49395/blue-screen-everytime-i-power-on/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hope someone here can help with this!

I have a Windows 2000 Professional install that has had no problems since installation. However in the last few weeks, powerpoint slide shows have been causing it to blue screen.
It does'nt happen everytime propably 4 out of every 5 times you try to display the presentation.
Im using Powerpoint 2000 as part of MS office 2000. I have tried reapplying Win 2k service pack 2 and the office 2k service pack 2.
I have also tried removing and re-installing office and applying all the latest updates from microsoft.com.
I tried opening the running the slide show logged in to the same pc as another user, this also failed. The only way I can run the slide shows reliably is on another PC.
Any ideas before I format the PC and start again?

Cheers

A:Power point blue screen

My first suggestion would be to remove all programs from the start up and clean the hard drive.

Instructions can be found at

www.rselby.com/Windows.html

Follow all the instructions followed by the 3 red *'s in the table of contents. The resources are probaby low and Power Point Presentatin will use a lot of resources causing it to blue screen.

Second thing I would try if this doesn't work is try the detect and repair in PP, listed under Help.

AND Welcome to TSG!~!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-point-blue-screen.89078/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi everyone,

i am really needing help. I have just bought a new pc, its just about 2 weeks old now....i am running 64bit vista ultimate. The problem is, whenever i click on the power icon ( the little cicle with vertical line on top of it ), my computer would go to "sleep" mode which is fine...but then when i "wake" my pc again, it would probably run for about 10 seconds maximum ( usually 5 seconds or so ), then it would give me blue screen then it would restarts. I would then have to choose if want to load windows normally or safe mode.

I am not tech savvy and i really need help on this one. I really want my new system to be stable for my line of work.

has anyone know the solution to this?

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Fabian

A:Power icon causes blue screen

Hi fabianloing

If you click the vista start orb and in the search bar type Power Options then hit enter this will open a new window. Click the circle that says High Performance and then underneath that click the Change plan settings.

Then click Change advanced power settings. A new window will open and you then click on Power button and lid. Then click on Start menu power button and change the setting to Shut down. Click Apply then OK

On the power options window that still open click Save changes then close that window and reboot your pc

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/226838-power-icon-causes-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi.Two weeks ago i bought a new laptop :ASUS K52JB.I have installed windows 7 ultimate (x64).And so after two days a blue screen started to appear together with restart.I checked the eventviewer and I saw this message:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000004e (0x0000000000000099, 0x000000000004200d, 0x0000000000000000, 0x5d979e4e1f4d9296). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 111710-18252-01.
And after the restart a window appear that says
'The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.'
I did ram and hdd check and everything seems to be OK

memory.dmp

A:Blue Screen,kernel-power ID 41 help :(

Please run this memory test to double check your memory: Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)

Please uninstall DaemonTools and/or Alcohol 120%, then use this free tool to remove the sptd.sys driver: DuplexSecure - FAQ - Remove 64 bit sptd.sys

It is possible that the following older drivers may be causing your problems.
Please either REMOVE or Update the older drivers listed below.

Quote:
HOW TO FIND DRIVERS:
DO NOT use Windows Update or the Update Driver function of Device Manager as they are not the most current versions available.
Also, DO NOT update from the PC Manufacturer's website unless the Driver Reference cited below states that you should get the drivers from the OEM.

The most common drivers are located on this page: Driver Reference
If you can't find the driver, post back and we'll see what we can find.

Here's the older drivers that were found in the memory dump files:

Code:

sncduvc.SYS Mon Dec 29 04:14:26 2008 (495894F2)
- Suyin USB 2.0 Webcam driver
- Driver Reference

ghaio.sys Mon May 30 05:34:05 2005 (429ADE0D)
- ASUS NB Probe program
- Driver Reference

More info about the STOP 0x4E error (shorthand for what you posted) is available here: BSOD Index
You also have STOP 0xD1 errors. More info on that error here: BSOD Index
Also STOP 0x1A, more info here: BSOD Index
Also STOP 0xA, more info here: BSOD Index
Also STOP 0x3B, more info here: BSOD Index
Also STOP 0xF5, more info here: BSOD Index
Also STOP 0x1E, more info here: BSOD Index

Most often a large number of different errors suggests a hardware problem (this one seems to point at memory). Running Driver Verifier may help us to narrow it down a bit. Please follow these instructions to run Driver Verifier:

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like. From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

If that doesn't ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/125265-blue-screen-kernel-power-id-41-help.html
Relevancy 55.9%

When I turn on my computer it shows a blue screen. At the bottom of the screen is a message that says" STOP: 0x00000067 (0c00000001, 0x00000009, 0xC0000035, 0x0000000) ". I've tried going into safe mode but every time I try my computer restarts. This started to happen after a windows update. I've also tried the startup repair several times, but it didnt work. Please help.

Also, I'm very bad with computers.

A:Blue screen upon startup.

Hi shelb105,

I would suggest trying a system restore point.. Or if comfortable with losing all data, restoring to factory condition. What you want to do is access your computer and find this folder:

C:\Windows\Minidump\

You must zip and post back those files.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/276684-blue-screen-upon-startup.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a desktop running Vista Home Basic SP2 (32-bit). The PC began to take noticeably longer to get to the screen where I enter my password. Then I began to notice that it took longer for my desktop to appear after I entered my password and hit "enter."
I started the habit of waiting a minute or longer before I would enter my password and hit Enter. (I noticed that when I did this the desktop would appear shortly after- more like when it was new.)
Today, there was a blue screen for about 10-15 seconds before the desktop appeared.
Can this be remedied? Does it mean I have a virus maybe? Any advice would be appreciated.

A:Blue Screen During Startup

It sounds like it could be malware of some sort. Go talk to the outstanding folks over at the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Forum. You can find them HERE! They are the best!

READ THIS Before Posting For Malware Removal Help.

Best wishes!

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-during-startup-556197.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I am getting the blue screen right when my computer starts up. Usually within 30 seconds after starting.

Windows Vista SP1

My PC is BRAND NEW. Have been using it a week now with no problems until today.

Any help is appreciated!

Relevancy 55.9%

Ok straight to the point. My computer is Blue Screening right after the windows boot logo, with the error "Page Fault in Nonpaged Area", stop code of 50 and no file name listed. The same happens when I try safe mode, but I am able to get into windows using debugging mode, under which some things crash the whole system.

The same thing happened a few weeks ago which I was able to recover from by using a combination of windows repair, UBCD4Win, a lot of cursing, windows updates and tweaking. But I'd rather not do that again. At the time I didn't try debugging mode till after I used windows repair.

I think it might have been caused by some malware, as some strange things happened right before each time. I'll get some help with that after I get windows booting normally again ;)

I can provide any extra information needed.
Thanks for any help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-on-startup-501941.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey guys, I've been trying to play some half-life mods, day of defeat source, and tactical intervention. But for some reason I keep getting a blue screen with this as the technical information. 0x000000D1 (0xBA74E000, 0x0000002, 0x00000000, 0xA76C8473) Can anyone help me?

A:Blue screen at startup

What are your PC specs?

RAM
CPU
Motherboard
Graphics Card
PSU

I need the mini dump so I can see what driver is causing the issue.

To enable mini-dumps in Windows 2000/XP/2003 do the following:
Right click on My Computer, choose Properties and go to the Advanced tab;
Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery box;
Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information;
Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons;
Reproduce the system crash;
The small dump file will be created in the directory chosen in the Small dump directory box.

Do that before you try to start up the game, and if you could could you tell me the driver. It'll be something like isatr.sys in the BSOD right near the numbers (ox00000d1 )

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-at-startup-689793.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Blue screen during startup A problem has been detected and windows has been startup Blue during ... screen shut down DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL PRISMUSB Blue screen during startup ... SYSMy wife s Dell Dimension desktop goes to a blue screen either during the BIOS load or after generating the Windows XP desktop If we shut it down and start again in one to three tries it will eventually boot up all the way and perform normally The blue screen references a variable DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL It also references the driver file PRISMUSB SYS which is the driver to the D-Link USB wireless device installed on the computer Contrary to the blue screen messaging we can t think of anything that has been installed recently on the computer After reading various posts on bleepingcomputer I downloaded blue screen viewer Here s the output Dump File Mini - dmpCrash Time AMBug Check String DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUALBug Check Code x d Parameter x cacb cParameter x Parameter x Parameter xb ceace Caused By Driver PRISMUSB sysCaused By Address PRISMUSB sys cce File Description PRISM Wireless NDIS USB DriverProduct Name PRISM Wireless LANCompany Intersil Americas Inc File Version Processor -bitComputer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Blue screen during startup ... Minidump Mini - dmpProcessors Count Major Version Minor Version Blue screen during startup ...

A:Blue screen during startup ...

Simple test.

Uninstall the device referenced, using Device Manager.

Reboot.

Do you still get the error? Did the device automatically reinstall?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347887/blue-screen-during-startup/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello.

Yesterday I started to get a blue screen error on start up with the error message "page fault in non page error". At first it was only every so often but today I can not boot the system at all now with out blue screen coming up saying that or "registry error". But I can still get into safe mode ok.

I ran a memory check and it found no issues. Can anyone help me out.

Thanks.

I am using Vista with SP1.

Spec's:

2.4GHz Duo Core
4GB DDR2 RAM
Nvidia 8800

A:Blue Screen On Startup

Try here.
Error message when you start a Windows Vista-based computer: "STOP: 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA --support.microsoft.com

All it says is to obtain the latest service pack for Vista.

Have you recently installed any new hardware? I ask because if you can boot in safe mode, there's a possibility that a device driver might be causing the fault.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-on-startup-338494.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello Two days ago I switched my computer off as usual and went to sleep however when I woke up and switched it on it started to blue screen with it saying 'Page fault in nonpaged area' I have done a few hours of reading around and realised startup. screen on Blue that one common cure isn t viable so i am going to ask for help here My rig is home built in January mobo Gigabyte gpa-ud h gpu sapphire hd ram gig corsair xms x gig cpu amd phenom black edition ghz I initially thought it could be a ram fault so I had Blue screen on startup. spare sticks of gig matching ram to test same bluescreen I then tested each of the sticks one at a time in port After that I took out my gpu and tried again to only result in the same bsod I have used the BSOD Dump amp System File Collection app EXE file and have it in a file attached to this thread I tried the system health report but i came up with the error of wrong file thread or something I forgot to write down the actual reason o O Anyway any help would be hugely appreciated on the matter Cheers in advance nick

A:Blue screen on startup.

Please run these tests and report back the results
1. Memtest86 - Run for 7-8 passes - RAM - Test with Memtest86+
2. Prime95 - Run all three tests for 3-4 hours each or until fail - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...t-prime95.html
3. Hard drive scan usings SeaTools - SeaTools for Windows | Seagate - Both long and short tests

If all tests pass then enable driver verifier - Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

When you get around to it, you need to update to SP1 - Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16792.amd64fre.win7_gdr.110408-1633
Debug session time: Tue May 24 10:48:01.529 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:20.199
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!HvMarkDirty+c0 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: services.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!HvMarkDirty+c0
BiosReleaseDate = 11/24/2010
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = GA-890GPA-UD3H
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Tue May 24 10:32:37.287 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:55.957
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Tue May 24 10:00:08.079 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:08.733
Debug session time: Tue May 24 09:56:18.860 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:08.530
Debug session time: Tue May 24 09:52:46.313 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:09.671
Debug session time: Tue May 24 09:50:07.218 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:09.934
Debug session time: Tue May 24 09:45:31.531 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:09.186
????????????... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/165070-blue-screen-startup.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My girlfriend has had a few problems with her computer over the last few days with a virus, her computer would freeze when she tried to install programs and her virus scanners wouldn't open.

Last night when she tried to turn on her computer it kept blue screening and this happened when attempting to access safe mode too.

She tried to repair windows and it didn't detect her hard drive.

Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-on-startup.951390/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, recently I've been having an issue where when I start up my computer goes to a blue screen after it says welcome and then restarts indefinitely. I can run safe mode fine, I got this error report and was wondering if anyone could help me with this issue.
Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8007A2B010
BCP2: FFFFF8800FF4C9E0
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Product: 768_1

Thanks for any help

A:Blue screen on startup

Quote: Originally Posted by remeth

Hi, recently I've been having an issue where when I start up my computer goes to a blue screen after it says welcome and then restarts indefinitely. I can run safe mode fine, I got this error report and was wondering if anyone could help me with this issue.
Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8007A2B010
BCP2: FFFFF8800FF4C9E0
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002

Thanks for any help

We need the actual DMP file created when the computer crashed. use these to find and upload them. http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

thanks

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/88262-blue-screen-startup.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hi im hoping someone can help me out of a jam my dell laptop has been working very well until now when it refuses to load windows instead stalling with a blue screen on every attempt to load the bluscreen tells me that windows was unable to on screen blue startup load and says quot unmountable boot volume quot under the heading quot technical information quot it says x ED x xc x x i have no idea whether that is relevant but included it in case it is i know i was short on blue screen on startup memory and im wondering whether windows is refusing to load because of that or whether a virus has taken over me computer ive tried loading windows in every safe mode in last known good configuration is there a hotkey to load the DOS prompt before windows to try and edit the windows registry from there is there anything i can do short of reformating and reinstalling windows if anyone knows how to deal with this please PLEASE give me hand many thanks dwight nbsp

A:blue screen on startup

bump for you; these are all I found on the topic,
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=297185
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmd_stp_woft.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-on-startup.373891/
Relevancy 55.9%

What happens for me is I can't even start up my computer because i get the blue screen as windows starts up. I don't know if my hard drive is still going to work or not. Anybody know what to do?

A:Blue Screen at startup

We need to move you to a separate thread -- for any kind of help at all.

But what does the blue screen say? There will be an error type and maybe a driver? Have you tried Safe Mode and Last Known Good configuration?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-at-startup.561302/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a PII 300 MHz with 128 MB (4x32MB) a HP CD-writter 9100 serries and Toshiba DVD-Rom w/Decoder Card. I have Windows 98 SE with Yamaha sound card and Ambient chipset modem. At startup, I get a blue screen with the message:

FATAL EXCEPTION 0E HAS OCCURRED AT 017F:BFF83BFC

i HAVE RE-INSTALLED WINDOWS AND PLAYED AROUND WITH MSCONFIG, BUT STILL GET THE BLUE SCREEN.

need help, thanks

angelP

A:#[email protected]&* Blue screen at startup!

Try booting up in Safe Mode and going to Control Panel>System>Device Manger tab to look for any indications of problems such as yellow ! or red ? by any of the devices. If none are found, you may have to start trouble shooting by physically removing unnecessary cards such as modem, sound etc... With only the necessary video, memory and floppy/hard drive/cd installed. If it boots correctly, you replace 1 card at a time until it fails again. You should, prior to this extreem measure, make sure all cards, memory and cables are seated securely.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-at-startup.50315/
Relevancy 55.9%

Whenever i startup my computer and i see the black windows screen and you can see it loading, after 10 seconds this BLUE screen comes up. I didn't install any new hardware. I have those 6 boot disks, but it says the second disk has a problem...this is the message, File \ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded. The error code is 7. Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit.
The blue screen says.

A Problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer
UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

IF this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

***STOP;0x000000ED(0x82AF1E30,0xC0000006,0x00000000,0x00000000

btw, im using a public computer

A:BLUE screen, can't even startup

Quote:

0x000000ED: UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

The kernel mode I/O subsystem attempted to mount the boot volume and it failed. This error also might occur during an upgrade to Win XP on systems that use higher throughput ATA disks or controllers with incorrect cabling. In some cases, your system might appear to work normally after you restart.

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

This is almost always a problem with the hard drive ; either incorrect , loose or damaged cabling, or controllers or that you have the drive settings incorrect in the bios.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-cant-even-startup-81909.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey guys This afternoon i DL the latest patch for World of Warcraft but when i started up the game it crashed and the whole computer with it When i turned on the computer again right before the logon screen it showed blue screen saying that an error had been found and windows had been shut down to prevent damage It has done this a couple Screen at :( startup! Blue of times before random not associated with wow But now it keeps on doing it right before the logon screen appears O I tried starting it in safemode and uninstalled wow but it didnt solve the problem Every third time or so the logon screen appears and it starts up fine with no problems though so it seems pretty random I also tried running the startup repair tool but it didnt work either Also sometimes the resolution gets messed up set too or something Blue Screen at startup! :( when the logon screen finally appears after a couple of blue screens It came up with this quot Problemsignatur Problem name BlueScreen OS-version countrystandard-id More information of the problem BCCode a BCP BCP D BCP A BCP C OS Version Service Pack Product Files helping describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Niclas AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml quot I have had some problems with it overheating some times could that have anything to do with it maybe some hardware has been damaged S Any help in solving whats wrong would be greatly appreciated Regards Niclas

A:Blue Screen at startup! :(

Quote: Originally Posted by Niclas1199

Hey guys.

This afternoon i DL the latest patch 3.3.5 for World of Warcraft, but when i started up the game it crashed and the whole computer with it.

When i turned on the computer again, right before the logon screen it showed blue screen saying that an error had been found and windows had been shut down to prevent damage. It has done this a couple of times before random (not associated with wow).

But now it keeps on doing it, right before the logon screen appears :O I tried starting it in safemode and uninstalled wow but it didnt solve the problem. Every third time or so, the logon screen appears and it starts up fine with no problems though, so it seems pretty random
I also tried running the startup repair tool, but it didnt work either.
Also sometimes the resolution gets messed up (set too 400*600 or something) when the logon screen finally appears after a couple of blue screens.

It came up with this:

"Problemsignatur:
Problem name: BlueScreen
OS-version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
countrystandard-id: 1030

More information of the problem:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 00041284
BCP2: 05D51001
BCP3: 00000A83
BCP4: C0402000
Product: 256_1

Files, helping describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\092110-24523-01.dmp
C:\Users\Niclas\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-38547-0.sysdata.xml"
I have had some problems with it overheating some times, could that have anything to do with it? maybe some hardware has been damaged :S?

Any help in solving whats wrong would be greatly appreciated!

Regards Niclas.

If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Start your own thread in the appropriate section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/112806-blue-screen-startup.html
Relevancy 55.9%

When I turn on the computer, it says that it cannot start properly and gives me those options like "start in safe mode", "start normally", etc. but no matter which option I choose it blue screens before or on the xp loading screen. The STOP number is: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x87358828, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)
What do I do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-on-startup-208183.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Earlier this year my computer suffered a liquid coolant leak that destroyed basically every chip in the case As it was still under warranty I had it repaired by the folks at cyberpower for free It was returned however with my RAID configuration undone and only one of my hard drives had been formatted and retrieved while the slave drive was still filled with the files from before the incident including an inert copy of windows I say inert because the computer boots from the other drive Today I got it in my head to format this drive so I could proceed in filling it with all the media garbage files eating up space on my master drive Bad move Now after booting to my desktop my computer crashes to blue screen about half way through filling my system tray I have tried using my OEM disc to repair the problem but it seems that it is not with windows directly Running in safe mode doesn t seem to cause any problems Fault bucket is the error I m finding in my application event history time stamped around the time of the blue screen failures I m not completely opposed to wiping my hard drive but I am sort of attached to the way I have it set up now Enclosed are my most recent mindumps to help diagnose the screen Blue startup AFTER problem nbsp

A:Blue screen AFTER startup

I would have thought that formatting the unused drive would not have done anything, since it's no longer in use in a RAID configuration. Strange.

I can't say that I know what happened there, but someone who has a better knowledge should be around to help. I wish you luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-after-startup.849045/
Relevancy 55.9%

when i start my computer i get a blue screen with a code / coooo21a fatal system error windows log on system/unexplained with status 0x000005/system has been shut down.i have tried starting in safe mode,reboot,and i get the same results the computer sames to be locked down. it started this after scan with anti spyware and did a reboot.been dealing with this for over a week still no luck hope someone can help tried reinstalling windows from my start up disk but my computer won't reconize the cd it only reconizes a floppy disk

A:get a blue screen on startup

Hello and to the BC forums.

Please sit tight and be patient.

I have requested that an experienced helper who specialises in malware-related un-bootable computers respond to your topic.

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434827/get-a-blue-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi everybody, I generally experience this crash at morning when turning on , it's weird to occur only unplugging power supply after waiting 2 minutes repeated again. Anyway after rebooting 2 times loading os no problem untill unplugging powersupply. I'm sure that ram, hdd,cpu work fine , ı have suspects on mobo and graphic card. I reinstalled win7 but nothing had been changed and I swichted all usb devices to diffrent ports . I updated all drivers same situation.
I'm sorry for my poor English.

Thanks

OS - Windows 7
? x86 (32-bit)
? Wİn7 ultimate
? OS an OEM version
? 3 years old
? 15 days ago

? E2180
? 9800 gtx amp
? Gigabyte p35 ds3r
? Tagan 380 watt psu

?OEM PC

Hello and welcome to TSF!

The driver is in the BSOD is a Nvidia driver... update your nvidia drivers from their website. If that doesn't work then download Driver Sweeper and go into Safe Mode with Networking... run Driver Sweeper and delete all Nvidia drivers you can find, restart in Safe Mode with Networking then install the latest Nvidia drivers again. Restart in normal Windows mode.

I have to say you power supply is not good enough for your video card and you should consider upgrading to a Corsair 650w.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-on-startup-608051.html
Relevancy 55.9%

First background on the laptop in question I am using a Toshiba tablet laptop of the Tecra M- running Windows XP Tablet Edition possibly Home but I cannot be certain This came on the computer so I do not have a disc and was told by Customer Service and Tech Support when I got the laptop two years ago that it would not be needed as all the files are on the computer in the factory settings and I can apparently boot from them so they said The computer recently had a virus that we couldn t beat so it was returned startup upon Screen Blue to factory settings in August of Blue Screen upon startup this year It was brought back up to date completely I made sure the BIOS and Service Packs were downloaded right and preformed bi-weekly update checks and scanning The problem About four hours ago I shut the computer down No errors screens no manual button pressing It turned off Blue Screen upon startup without a hitch and I left it alone for an hour and a half to Blue Screen upon startup about two hours When I opened it back up and turned it on it showed the Start-Up screen and after a short time for the loading bar froze flickered blue and restarted I have tried starting it in safe mode all three types the last settings that worked and normally All options yield the same results The last time something similar happened it was an issue with the BIOS not having been updated for three big upgrades and while that could be the case I doubt it because I ve been diligent in making sure everything s up to speed No errors no warnings no previous blue screens of death ever since I returned it to factory settings in August It froze once during an installion of MagicJack but that was fixed and there hasn t been a single issue since So what s going on Any ideas nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-upon-startup.156327/
Relevancy 55.9%

Yesterday morning, when I started up my computer, it went to a blue screen and I haven't been able to determine how to correct it yet. I have tried to boot from the XP disc, but it's like the computer will not read it. I changed the BIOS defaults to CDROM and still nothing. Please help!

can you see the drives listed correctly in the bios

tap f8 when booting and from the options try

last known good configuration

safe mode

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-at-startup-347087.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I get this problem during bootup.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0X000000D1 (0X00005278, 0X00000009, 0X00000001, 0XE1DCC39E)

CAN ANYONE BE OF ASSISTANCE?

There is more to the BSOD message that would include which driver is the one that needs to be updated, but you didn't include it. Try this: Stop error message on a Windows XP-based computer: "STOP 0x000000D1"
Also, run this program, BSOD_XP_v1.3_jcgriff2_PROD.exe.when it is done go to My Documents and zip up the file TSF_XP_SUPPORT and attach it in your next post, this will tell us more about your system.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-at-startup-686321.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a gateway G6-350Mhz 32MB and 6gig Hdd, with cd-rom and 224x10x40 burner. After the burner was installed, I get a blue screen at startup that says" Invalid VxD dynamic link call from CDUF(03) + 000002EB to device "08B", service 1. Window confiration is invalid. reinstall windows. At the bottom of this screen, It ask me if I want to continue. When I choose yes, another screen that says "A device or resource required by VFAT is not present or is unavailable. VFAT cannot continue loading.

I re-installed windows but nothing changed.
Need help bad! Thanks guys
angelP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-at-startup.125799/
Relevancy 55.9%

HI i have just switched hard drives with 2 comptuers a pentium4 and amd athlon 64 3100 and i tired the instrucions in this post http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic8356.html
and got the pentium working i have tried it on the athlon64 and it loaded all the things from the cd and did all the fancy stufff at the beginning untill it had to restart. it then restarted and would have no problems starting up untill the windows screen whould show up with the loading bar. the little curser would go accross 5-7 times then blue screen would flash and it would restart. I really dont watn to format i hope there is some way of fixing this.

i have fixed this problem. instead of repairing i installed on the same patron and didnt format and told it to replace the windows thing. to me it seemed to be the closest thing i could do to keeping my files. its installing the windows raight now i'm shure glad i got it working.Case Closed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-on-startup.25604/
Relevancy 55.9%

The electric went off while my computer was on and when I turned it back on it went to a blue screen and every time I turn it back on its goes back to the blue screen. The blue screen says: A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps; Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart computer. Technical info: Stop: 0x00000024(0x00190203,0xb2f90880,0xc0000102,0x00000000). Any help will be appreciated. it has windows xp on it.
Thank You,
cardinal0008

A:blue screen at startup

Hello,

Do you have the Windows XP re-install disc? If so you can get to the Recovery Console and hopefully run a chkdsk /r to repair.

Unmountable Boot Volume

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-at-startup-682673.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I just started my Dell the other day and as the subject says it didn t boot and went to a blue screen which said something along the lines of PDEngine exe application error could not be written quot x c fea quot to memory quot x it gave me options to start in Safe mode and a few others or to start at the last point where everything was ok I choose this option and windows started without a hitch and at startup! Blue screen I didn t notice anything out of place or missing I ve done a few restarts since then and nothing out of the ordinary has happened since BUT then today I was loading some more programs on my recently formatted laptop One of them being Perfect Disk trial and WinPatrol alerted me to the startup entries One of them being PDEngine the other PDAgent I m assuming Perfect Disk caused this error on the Dell Anyone have any Idea as to what may have happened now I m afraid to use the program on either comp Any help insight will be greatly appreciated Thanks Andre nbsp

A:Blue screen at startup!

If that happened to me I would uninstall the program and not use it again. A disk defragmenter needs to be reliable or it can trash your system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-at-startup.535850/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I cant run my pc because after I type in my password to windows 7 driver installation starts for my mouse and keyboard which causes a blue screen.
It also hapoens on safe mode and it worked before ... started having this problem when I replugged all the cables after doing some exterior cable managment.
*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005,0xFFFFF880060D86E8,0xFFFFF880037D95A8,0xFFFFF880037DE00)
*** isub3xhc.sys - Adress 0xFFFFF880060D86E8 , Datestamp 56742d4e

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625060/blue-screen-at-startup/
Relevancy 55.9%

Last night my computer froze and so i had to do a cold reboot, it came back onto windows fine however my mouse and keyboard wouldn't work. I checked the wiring and it was all okay so i did another cold reboot and everytime my computer would try get passed the dell sign it would blue screen. It is almost impossible to catch the error code as the blue screen goes away before it is able to show it. Automatic repair couldn't fix it and ive done a system restore and refresh which both got me into windows but as soon as i restarted i got the same boot problem again. Any ideas on what this may be? 
I havent downloaded anything recently and my last update i did would of been a week or two ago. Help anyone?  

A:Blue screen on startup?

Boot into the Advanced Boot Options.

With the computer off, press the power button and immediately start tapping the F8 key and continue until the Advanced Boot Options open.  You will see an image similar to the one below.

You will need to use the up or down keys to navigate the pointer where you want it to be, the press Enter to make the selection.

Choose Disable automatic restart on system failure.

Restart the computer and tell me what happens.

With the computer off, press the power button and open the Advanced Boot Options again, then choose Safe Mode.  

Does the problem persist when you boot into Safe Mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571843/blue-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys,

So I am getting a blue screen of death on start up, within 15 or 20 seconds after the computer reaches the desktop it blue screens. The safe mode seems to be working so I am using that currently to post here for help. Whenever it blue screens the only useful information that it gives is the stop code 0x0000001E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF00227E15A, 0x0000000000000000, 0x000000007EFA0000) if that helps any. Also, I ran some scans while in safe mode (Malware Bytes and AVG) and I remember both of them finding some issues (trojan of some kind). The scanners said that they removed them but the blue screen still persisted. I am using Windows Vista 64 bit. Would it help to attach the minidump file? Or post something with the program Blue Screen Viewer or something like that, I saw some other post mention that. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

A:Blue Screen on startup

Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

OR

If you think malware is to blame you can post in the AM I INFECTED forum on this site.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397617/blue-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 55.9%

Running 1.8 gig win xp My computer is starting to show a blue screen after the initial startup.
So far it has booted completly after about 1 minute, but I am getting worried.
No problems during the day / only after shutdown and restart in morning.
The computer is about 3 years old.
Can I do any tests to determine whethe the hard drive is failing?
Any suggestions?

Relevancy 55.9%

I have recently been getting a blue screen when i start up my computer. The error message on the blue screen says "page fault in non paged area". It then asks if I want to start windows normally, or in safe mode or other options. I start it normally cause I don't know what to do to fix it. I haven't added new software, so I don't know what happened. Can someone help me?

A:Blue screen on XP Pro startup

Have you tried checking your RAM??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-on-xp-pro-startup.336491/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi All,

If anyone can help on this...PLEASE PLEASE Do...

When loading XP and after logging in a Blue Screen Appears STRAIGHT Away... IOFILECANCELOPEN is prominant throughout page. It asks me to start in safemode by F8, but when I hit F8 it only appears with "Start Boot with... 1) Floppy 2)HDD 3)CDROM 4)Disk...

How do I get Safemode and has anyone had this before?? I think its probably a virus which I got d/l'ing from Limewire last nite, 80's songs so It probably serves me right

Any help really appreciated
Graham

Relevancy 55.9%

alrighty so a last week I turned the power off turning off my computer I don t do this often but w e before that I hadnt Startup On Screen Blue run any new programs Blue Screen On Startup or anything then the next day I tried to turn it on and a black screen came up saying blah blah blah and told me to pick an option if it said the power went out start windows normally I did then after that a blue error screen came up telling me there was an error and to delete any new programs or whatever and although I didnt I couldnt get past that screen till ever what should I do I can gve the exact error codes I have a dell dimension desktop are there any backups or w e I can use I really dont care abot any of my files im new to this type of stuff lol thanks Any help means a lot to me I know this is my only post but remember im a real person so just dont close this thread or w e if its in the wrong place move it thanks again guys nbsp

The information you receive is in direct proportion tot he information you give:

"black screen came up saying blah blah blah..."
" a blue error screen came up telling me there was an error.."
" can gve the exact error codes..."
"remember im a real person..."- so are we and we're not mind readers.

Give us something to work with and maybe we can help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-on-startup.103528/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello everyone Thanks for taking time to view my thread I let my brother borrow my laptop and now it doesn t work This is whats going on After the Dell logo comes on the screen automatically startup... screen Blue at goes to safe mode options w Blue screen at startup... o me tapping F key If I choose safe mode or normal mode it begins to load up then a blue screen pops up and reads quot A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced startup options and then select Safe Mode Technical informaion STOP X ED x D E x x x quot Thank you in advance -jdaries- nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hey everyone.

When I startup my computer and it starts loading Windows XP, suddenly it flashes to a Blue Screen with the following message:

STOP: c0000221 {Bad Image Checksum}
The image urlmon.dll is possibly corrupt. The header checksum does not match the computed checksum.

I thought about reinstalling the operating system, but I don't want to lose all my files. Any thoughts on what I should do?

-Joe

P.S. As always, happy to make a nice donation for help.

A:Blue Screen at Startup

Hi Joe !

That message means a system file is corrupt. The problem is that Windows file protection should prevent unwanted changed to system files, meaning that there's a good chance that you have some hardware problem and that the urlmon.dll file is not the only one corrupt.

Had you installed any new program or update right before the first crash ? Anything unusual happened : crash, power failure, ... ?

What version of Windows XP and what service pack are you using ?

What version of internet explorer ?

What's the brand and model of your computer ? Do you have the XP install CD and if so what service pack is on that CD ? If this is a preinstalled version of Windows and you only have a recovery disk then tell us about it.

Repeatedly press F8 while the computer starts and see if you can boot using the last known good configuration. If that didn't work then see if you can boot in safe mode or safe mode with command prompt.

Once in Windows go to start => run and type chkdsk c: /R. You'll be prompted to restart the computer and your drive will be checked for errors. Tell us about the scan's results and retry to start the computer normally.

If you can't start Windows in either of those modes then grab a retail XP CD to access the recovery console and scan the hard drive for errors (if needed you can borrow a retail XP CD for this purpose but keep in mind that you won't be able to use a retail XP CD to reinstall on an OEM system). Enter the BIOS at startup (look for some "press xx to enter setup" message), change the boot order priority to CD-rom first, save and exit. Press enter to boot from the CD then press 'R' to access the recovery partition. If prompted to, select your installation of windows and enter the admin password (press enter if the password was left blank). From the c:\windows\ prompt type chkdsk c: /R. Tell us about the scan's results and retry to start the computer normally.

Download, unzip and burn memtest86+'s bootable .iso image file using a burning software that can handle .iso files. Enter the BIOS at startup and set the boot priority to CD-rom first. Leave memtest run overnight or at least do 3 full passes on your memory. It's advised that you test one memory stick at a time, removing the others from their slot. Report if it finds any error and double-check memtest's results with windiag as it runs different tests.

Enter the BIOS at startup and search for an hardware monitor or pc health status screen. Report your temps, fan speeds and voltages from there. If this is a desktop computer unplug the power cord, open the case and clean the dust inside the case, overheating can lead to data corruption.

Once you know the hardware isn't overheating, the hard drive has no errors and the ram is fine then if you still can't get into Windows in normal mode you can either :

- try to restore the file using the system file checker in safe mode or using the recovery console with the proper operating system CD. This should work if the urlmon.dll file is the only corrupt one.

- do a repair install if you have a retail XP CD or a DELL OEM CD

- backup your personal data on another computer and reinstall from scratch if you have an OEM installation that only allows for a destructive recovery.

We'll give you all instructions once we know more about your installation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-at-startup-257571.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My processor was broke so a friend of mine put in a new one, he also put in a new HDD of 2tb.
Now the problem is when I start my computer for the first time (after he has been shut down, so not sleep.) he gives me a blue screen, this is the information my computer gives me if he reboots and starts up correctly( Dutch, if u need translation, ask.):
Probleemhandtekening:
Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: BlueScreen
Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Landinstelling-id: 2067

Aanvullende informatie over dit probleem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80002901C2C
BCP3: FFFFF8800296FF00
BCP4: 0000000000000000

he also has problems with installing programs, sometimes it takes hours to instal a simple software e.g. Windows live messenger.
this prolly has to do with the read speed of my hdd. (I think)

Thanks.

Quote: Originally Posted by verfaillieseth

My processor was broke so a friend of mine put in a new one, he also put in a new HDD of 2tb.
Now the problem is when I start my computer for the first time (after he has been shut down, so not sleep.) he gives me a blue screen, this is the information my computer gives me if he reboots and starts up correctly( Dutch, if u need translation, ask.):
Probleemhandtekening:
Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: BlueScreen
Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Landinstelling-id: 2067

Aanvullende informatie over dit probleem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80002901C2C
BCP3: FFFFF8800296FF00
BCP4: 0000000000000000

he also has problems with installing programs, sometimes it takes hours to instal a simple software e.g. Windows live messenger.
this prolly has to do with the read speed of my hdd. (I think)

Thanks.

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/192334-blue-screen-startup.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi
A while back my laptop gave me a blue screen and when I tried to restart it, it would begin to start up but after the Windows logo came up the screen would go black and then stop.
I have tried safe mode which won't work, and reinstalling the OS (Vista) but neither work, it would start and make noise for a while but then stop completely.
If anyone has any ideas on what could be wrong or how to fix it, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

A:Blue Screen and no startup

If you give the blue screen error code it would help a lot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blue-screen-and-no-startup-611529.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I borrowed my in laws computer while mine is in shop with anti-spyware soft virus which finally took it over It is Blue screen on startup a dell with xp about years old After downloading my mouse software I restarted and everything seemed fine until I brought it home and turned it on Now Blue screen on startup upon starting it sometimes goes to the windows screen for a second and than to blue screen other times it just boots into the blue screen It says on the blue screen among other things that a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage It also said to check any newly installed software for updates I should say the mouse was working perfectly I deleted the mouse software in safe mode and hooked up the dell mouse however the blue screen still comes up on startup I called the mouse people and they said it is a microsoft problem Their Blue screen on startup is technical information that comes up in blue screen it reads as follows Stop oxoooooo oxoooooooo oxoooooooo oxoooooooo oxoooooooo Any ideas Blue screen on startup on how to fix this

So you can boot into safe mode? if so then please boot into safemode with networking and do the following:Download BlueScreenViewNo installation required.Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/322224/blue-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 55.9%

I don t know what I installed or did wrong lately to have this blue screen to keep popping up when I open the computer It happens randomly but more Screen Blue Startup at frequent as of now The Blue Screen at Startup blue screen says quot Windows has come to a problem and shut down to prevent future damage to your computer quot or something of that nature Then it further goes into saying that I should check my computer if there s enough physical memory I have a total of GB total HD space and GB is free how can it be the physical memory problem I have MB RAM in which about - is free and the remaining is usually running The problem sometimes doesn t even pop up at startup it sometimes pops up when I m working on the computer This error shutdown is sometimes accompanied by lagging or is followed with multiple programs functionally at very slow rates What can be the problem and how can I fix approach it nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

After I login to my machine, a blue blank screen appears and stays for 3 to 4 minutes and then my windows startsup.
I searched in the net for the reasons of Blue blank screen in Vista home premium.
I was asked to install Regcure. I did the same and tried but as its only a trial version, I cannot fix it.
But it scanned and reported lot of problems in COM/ACTIVE X category and uninstall category.

Kindly help me with an optimal solution for the same

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-at-startup.631358/
Relevancy 55.9%

windows is driving me nuts

any and all help would be appreciated here...

This all started yesterday when I somehow managed to get a trojan on my computer. I went through various ways of trying to take it off and finally decided to restart in safe mode and try to fix the damage from there. I selected /SAFEBOOT in msconfig and restarted. Now the computer boots to a blue screen displaying the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error code, along with STOP: 0x0000000A (0xF79A2354, 0x000000FF, 0x00000001, 0x804E2E41). All signs point to this being a software problem as my hardware has not changd recently. No matter what I select (safe mode, last known good config, start normally), I get the same blue screen. The only things I can access are BIOS and recovery console (with boot CD). I'm fairly computer literate but at this point I am completely stumped... help please!?

also, I have another computer that I can put the hard drive into and all the files are still accessible in that way, so if there is some way to fix it through that method, it is an option...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-on-startup.610837/
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm currently on my laptop right now. And the problem is occurring on my desktop. It shows a blue screen with HP invent in the middle and at the bottom in white letters it says: V3.07 Esc= Boot Menu F1= Setup F10= System Recovery.

It worked the day before, and for some reason whenever I turn my PC off it makes me do it twice. I press start and then Turn Off, and then I have to do it again, if that matters? Can somebody help me please?

Whenever I press the buttons it shows nothing happens. I thought maybe the keyboard was broke, but when I turn on the PC the yellow lights on num lock, caps lock, and scroll lock all blink on real quick and then go off, but whenever I try to press num lock or caps lock the yellow light doesn't come on while the PC is on.

A:Blue Screen on startup?

The screen your getting stuck at is the bios splash screen. (So it's not a blue screen..?) Your MBR/NTFS journal may be corrupt. Can you boot off a CD? Did you try hitting F10 for System Recovery?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/251686/blue-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 55.9%

I just got this brand new dell laptop installed with vista home basic ya not the best out there i know It was on Screen Startup Blue working fine for the first week or then after that i got an error The BSoD The very odd thing about this is that it does not happen too often and only happens on ONE occasion and thats in the log-in menu of the computer I go to restart my computer and everything boots up fine BIOS WIndows Vista etc Then it starts up the log-in screen and for some reason when Blue Screen on Startup i dont log in my user-name in a certain amount of time the blue screen comes up and restarts my computer Its very wierd However if i am able to log in quickly enough everything boots up fine and the computer doesnt show any signs of problems In short Blue Screen on Startup this BSoD only occurs when i dont log-in my username and just leave it in that uersname log-in menu for a certain amount of time I set the settings now so that whenever the BSoD comes up it doesnt re-boot my laptop so i can take note of the information on it and heres what it is STOP OXOOOOOO E OxCOOOOOO Ox E Ox BCD OxOOOOOOOO i also went into problem reports and solutions and here is what they gave me Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem some files may no longer be available Mini - dmp sysdata xml Version txt Extra information about the problem BCCode e BCP C BCP E BCP BCD BCP OS Version Service Pack I did run a memtest for the RAM and its came up with Errors I ran every scan i had available to me and everything came up clean I even deleted programs that i installed the day of the BSoD and after I also downloaded a driver and update for my BIOS and still nothing i contacted dell through email and they claim it would be better to do it by phone but before I do that i want your in-sight of what i can do Thanks in advance for your reply nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

hey guys everytime i turn the computer on after it loads the desktop in about 2 minutes it crashes into a blue screen and then i have to restart it and after that it works fine...
i uploaded some pics of the screen (sorry for the bad quality its taken from my phone)

The Timing of it happening 2min after desktop makes me think that this could be software still loading that may not be compatable.

I would boot into safe mode, and if you are good and no BSOD, Open "MSCONFIG" and disable all your startup programs, reboot, if all is well, Enable them one by one and be very picky about it to try and ID the program.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-at-startup-466508.html
Relevancy 55.9%

If in the event you have a Bluescreen first try this A driver is a program that controls a device Every device whether it be a printer disk drive or you this! first, startup If Blue at screen try have a keyboard must have a driver program Many drivers such as the keyboard driver come with the operating system For other devices you may need to load a new driver when you connect the device to your computer So if you added a new device or updated your computer you will very likely need to update your drivers Goto Start click on it Goto Computer right click If you have a Blue screen at startup first, try this! on it Click on manage Click continue This opens a new window called 'computer management' Scroll down to device manager and click on it On the screen is a list of all your 'DEVICES' Ok start at the top and work your way down Right click on each device and click on properties Up pops a little window that says this below Click this bar to view the full image Click on drivers Then click on update Then do that for every driver and you should not have a Blue screen Do this once a month All the best Trax

A:If you have a Blue screen at startup first, try this!

Gonna give it a try.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/244655-if-you-have-blue-screen-startup-first-try.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Intel Xeon E5645 (2 processors)
Memory: 12 GB
Motherboard: EVGA 270-WS-W555-A2 Classified SR-2 Dual LGA1366 Xeon/Intel
Hard Drive: Western Digital 128 GB SiliconEdge Blue SATA Solid State Drive SSC-D0128SC-2100
Graphic card: Nvidia Quadro 2000

I have been experiencing frequent BSOD for a while. After reading through many threads, I have done a system repair, updated my graphic card's driver, and I have done a memory diagnostic with memtes on my ram (each with 2 passes). Before I did all those, I used to get BSOD whenever I watched youtube. Now, I always get BSOD once when I turn on my computer.

Please Help!!!!

Thanks!!!

A:Blue Screen After Startup

It's pointing to memory corruption. Did you remove any of the sticks during testing? If so make sure that all sticks are seated firmly back into the slots and at least run the test for memory for 7 passes or overnight, you have a lot of ram that takes a pretty good test and two hours wouldn't give you a complete run of the blocks. Memtest86 guide: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

After you run the Memtest report back and let us know the results also I would update to sp1: windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe 903.0 MB Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932) your system drivers are almost 3 years old anf fill in the rest of your system specs in your profile using the attached program it will give better and more complete info on your system. BTW it sounds like a nice computer.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [D:\Downloads\jesschaco\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\092211-22093-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*F:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (24 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03249000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03486e50
Debug session time: Thu Sep 22 11:32:55.375 2011 (UTC - 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:16.735
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff8800bbceba8, fffff8800bbce400, fffff8800128c4ae}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------

22: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM (24)
If you see NtfsExceptionFilter on the stack then the 2nd and 3rd
parameters are the exception record and context record. Do a .cxr
on the 3rd parameter and then kb to obtain a more informative stack
trace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000001904fb
Arg2: fffff8800bbceba8
Arg3: fffff8800bbce400
Arg4: fffff8800128c4ae

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff8800bbceba8 -- (.exr 0xfffff8800bbceba8)
ExceptionAddress: fffff8800128c4ae (Ntfs!NtfsUpdateFcbInfoFromDisk+0x00000000000000ae)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: 0000000000000010
Attempt to read from address 0000000000000010

CONTEXT: fffff8800bbce400 -- (.cxr 0xfffff8800bbce400)
rax=0000000000000001 rbx=fffffa800b372100 rcx=fffff98001cddc00
rdx=fffff98001cdd800 rsi=fffffa800c5c3240 rdi=fffff8a00275ca90
rip=fffff8800128c4ae rsp=fffff8800bbcede0 rbp=fffffa800c5c0c10
r8=fffff98001cdd838 r9=0000000000000002 r10=0000000000000010
r11=fffff8800bbcedb0 r12=0000000000000000 r13=fffff8a00275caf8
r14=0000000000000000 r15=00000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/188418-blue-screen-after-startup.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Heres what I got

Athlon 64 2800
MSI K8mm-V Mobo
256 mb ddr 400
CD RW
DVD ROM
Floppy
Seagate 80 gig SATA
WD 20 gig EIDE
XP Pro
Im trying to run windows xp on the sata drive,
I have installed xp via bootable disk, but when attempting to load xp
a blue screen pops up and says "windows was stopped from loading to prevent damage to your system" and then following an error number with lots of zeroes and threes. I have plugged the SATA drive into another computer and was able to format, partition and add and use files from it. So theres a 70% chance its not the hardrive itself

Any ideas guys?
AIM = Rockjay420

A:Blue Screen on Startup

The error number actually contains the codes that should tell whats wrong.

Pity we dont know what it is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-on-startup.386920/
Relevancy 55.9%

My friend has this problem, where whenever he boots up his computer, it comes to a blue screen. Some of the things it says is:

STOP: C0000218 {REGISTRY FILE FAILURE}
The registry cannot load the hive. (file:
\systemroot\system32\config\software
Or its log or alternate.
It is corrupt, absent, or not writable.

Beginning dump of physical memory:
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your administrator technical support group
for further assistance.

Got any clues to what this is?

A:Blue screen upon startup?

1/Restart your PC

2/ Keep tapping the F8 Button until a menu appears

3/ When the menu appears use the UP and DOWN arrow keys to select the ‘Last known good configuration’ option.

4/ Once selected press Enter

5/ Your PC should now reinstall the ‘last know good configuration file’

6/ Restart your PC and see if the problem has been solved

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-upon-startup.458569/
Relevancy 55.9%

i'm using vista home premium and i faced blue screen on startup and i did all what guys told me (cleaned RAM, installed registry cleaner softwares like AVG tuneup 2011, itunes utilities 2011.... all are registered products), but no improvement seen ... all report that there is no problem even hard disks are working well......what should i do???
i thank you all 4 ur help

Hi and welcome to TSF I have moved you to Bsod's and app hangs for more help,please do not use reg cleaners they can be more harmfull than helpfull.While your waiting please follow the instructions here http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-on-startup-569573.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read about the situation First I ll start with the things I tried before the event happened First off I noticed my computer getting slower and slower as well as a malware that started running antimalware doctor or something like that forgot the name in the background so I tried a malwarebytes scan and a spybot scan to fix it Afterwards the Screen Startup After Blue computer Blue Screen After Startup started running better Blue Screen After Startup but the sound driver was uninstalled for some reason Afterwards I noticed that anything that i clicked on google or yahoo it would autodirect to a weird random website I searched up the problem and found out that Hitman Pro cleans up the viruses efficently that caused the problem I ran the program thought it was good and restarted the computer to see the effects Right after that blue screen would pop up after everything started up and the computer would restart It wasn t as soon as I heard the windows music but it was right after all my programs loaded up on the bottom right I tried restarting it but I couldn t make it work So i opened up safe mode with networking and it works fine but I still have that redirect bug I searched up the blue screen after malware removal and came accross this website so I thought this may work I hope you guys can fix it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C windows System smss exe C windows system winlogon exe C windows system services exe C windows system lsass exe C windows system svchost exe C windows system svchost exe C windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system freecell exe C Documents and Settings Kai Lin Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO ooVoo Toolbar - A FB F A-D E- DD- -E A D - C Program Files oovootb oovoodx dll O - BHO MSN Toolbar BHO - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO DAPIELoader Class - FF C CF - B - D -ABED- C - C PROGRA DAP DAPIEL DLL O - Toolbar ooVoo Toolbar - A FB F A-D E- DD- -E A D - C Program Files oovootb oovoodx dll O - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - dcb -df - - - fa b f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run DiskeeperSystray quot C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkIcon exe quot O - HKLM Run nTrayFw C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nTrayFw exe O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run Ask and ... Read more

Relevancy 55.9%

I recently dusted out my computer as it was overheating like hell. It made the fan stop working for a few minutes (not unusual, this computer is terrible) and when I finally got it to start working it blue screens on startup. error starts with STOP: 0x00000024 and some stuff in parentheses that I'll write down later if you need it. It's a blue screen that i've never seen before as it's shorter than normal, only half the screen actually has text.

Even weirder, and to help prove that it's not a hardware problem, I can boot into linux without any issues on the same computer, same hard drive.

EDIT: okay, so apparently it's a common dirty NTFS issue. Still, any ideas what to do?

EDIT 2: I have done some linux ntfs crap and all I get is: partition is already mounted or refusing to work with partition, so no luck there.

Hi -Please do the following as it will provide us with more information.Please download BlueScreenViewNo installation required.Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/386132/blue-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 55.9%

On startup both in safe mode and normal I get the following blue screen error code 0X0000007B (0XBA4C7524, 0X0000034 0X0000000 0X0000000 ) I tried creating a boot disc as described in this post http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic355565.html/page__view__findpost__p__1987066 and it still blue screens after booting from cd any input would be greatly appreciated thanks David

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process. Please also continue to work with me until I give you the all clear. Even if your computer appears to act better, you may still be infected.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Once we start working together, please reply back within 3 days or this thread may be closed so we can help others who are waiting.Normally, I'd ask for logs at this point, but obviously you can't create them. Please just reply to this thread and we can start to diagnose. It will help if you also let me know if you have a ) a working computer you can use to help with this, b ) a Windows CD; and c ) a flash drive we can use at least 512 MB.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358351/blue-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi.

When I start up my computer a blue cmd-type screen pops-up in full screen and I have to wait for it to take me back to the desktop. I don't think this a harmful thing but it is very annoying and I'd like to get rid of it. How would I go about this?

Thanks.

Hello MJ1022 and welcome,Just to be safe, I would run some free online virus scanners.1.Eset2.Kaspersky3.Bitdefender4.Panda5.McAfeeThanks,Alan

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216997/blue-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there,

I have a compaq laptop and until recently it was ok, now when I turn it on it starts up ok and then a blue screen pops up stating that a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage.

the message goes on to say to check adequate disk space/video adaptors/BIOS updates.

Under technical info. it says:
STOP: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0x821661E1, 0xf8853234, 0x00000000)

then it tells me that physical dump is complete.

Please help me Im not great at the tech. side of computers and this is really bugging me as Ive hundreds of photos in the computer.

A:startup then blue screen

This is actually the same blue screen I get (albeit at a different location)

Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8056EBA4, 0xAA5D998C, 0x00000000)

There is no other information provided with the BSODs (other than what was provided above), and I've tried to make sense of the Event Viewer and minidumps. No guud!

I can run safe mode on the system in question, and even with networking with no problem at all

Ah! and if the second parameter is usage, the PCI bus on my mobo is the only thing that uses that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-then-blue-screen.616554/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,

The other day my computers screen randomly turned blue and my computer started to reboot itself over and over, only to get another blue screen and reboot itself again over and over.

Also, I can't access any commands because my keyboard won't work upon startup, it only starts to work once I'm in windows, which I can't access because my computer gets a blue screen every time. I have another keyboard (an older one), if I use this one will I be able to access the commands?

thankyou

I'm not sure what kind of information you need, just ask and I'll try to get it for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-on-startup-283743.html
Relevancy 55.9%

windows is driving me nuts

any and all help would be appreciated here...

This all started yesterday when I somehow managed to get a trojan on my computer. I went through various ways of trying to take it off and finally decided to restart in safe mode and try to fix the damage from there. I selected /SAFEBOOT in msconfig and restarted. Now the computer boots to a blue screen displaying the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error code, along with STOP: 0x0000000A (0xF79A2354, 0x000000FF, 0x00000001, 0x804E2E41). All signs point to this being a software problem as my hardware has not changd recently. No matter what I select (safe mode, last known good config, start normally), I get the same blue screen. The only things I can access are BIOS and recovery console (with boot CD). I'm fairly computer literate but at this point I am completely stumped... help please!?

also, I have another computer that I can put the hard drive into and all the files are still accessible in that way, so if there is some way to fix it through that method, it is an option...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-on-startup-174970.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Seems my computer problems are not quite at an end, sadly. :/

My laptop won't boot normally- it'll appear to but give me a blue screen before finishing startup. The error screen reads that I should check if software is properly installed, to contact the software provider for updates, etc. It also has this: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" near the top. At the bottom reads "Error: 0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x0000001C, 0x804E1BP8)"

This started last night, and I think it has to do with the FLV converter I was downloading at the time. Upon clicking on the .exe, the entire computer froze for a moment before giving me that error screen. I can boot into Safe Mode and have already tried to use System Restore to fix the problem to no avail.

Any help/advice is appreciated greatly.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296448/blue-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 55.9%

We have had a blue screen upon startup for over a week on our computer.  We think it is caused by the removal of a driver or a windows update.  This is the statement we get....
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.  Here is the technical info:  STOP:  0X0000007B (0XFFFFF880009A9928, 0XFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)

There was an automatic update which was downloaded before the crash.  But.... before the windows update, my husband deleted a driver (from a backup drive) because it was continuously asking to have an update downloaded. 

If you can help guide us through this, we would be so thankful!

Thanks,
Danielle

A:Need help with blue screen at startup!

You can try going into the menu and selecting windows update, it will check to see what may be needed.  Just download the priority ones, you can go back for the others if you have the need.  It may or may not help but can't hurt.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529326/need-help-with-blue-screen-at-startup/
Relevancy 55.9%

Essentially my task mangers usage %'s were seeming suspicious so I downloaded a free antivirus called Immunet and ran a flash scan.It promptly detected services.exe as malware and automatically quarantined it after which the computer automatically shut it self down citing some error at which point the computer doesn't reach the login screen even in safe mode before it blue screen saying some thing similar to "a critical process failed to start or was terminated" I understand this means I probably have a fairly serious virus problem but getting the computer to start up is my main priority.

You might scroll down to some of the comments by users concerning this product.

http://download.cnet.com/Immunet-Protect/3000-2239_4-10965674.html

Seems more likely a software problem than a malware situation, IMO.

System manufacturer and model?

Do you have any disks which came with the system?

What circumstances led to your desire to use this product?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/470596/blue-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 55.9%

Whenever i startup my computer and i see the black windows screen and you can see it loading, after 10 seconds this BLUE screen comes up. I didn't install any new hardware. I have those 6 boot disks, but it says the second disk has a problem...this is the message, File \ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded. The error code is 7. Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit.
The blue screen says.

A Problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer
UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

IF this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

***STOP;0x000000ED(0x82AF1E30,0xC0000006,0x00000000,0x00000000

btw, im using a public computer

Relevancy 55.9%

My Dad is running Windows XP Media Centre edition and intermittently gets a blue screen of death during start up (see attached photo). The blus screen contains the following error:
stop 0x00000022 (0x000202EF, 0x81FA82D8, 0x81FA8220, 0x822E5008).

Can anyone tell me how this can be fixed, please.

Thanks,

Hoogie

A:XP Blue Screen on startup

It's a relatively undocumented "file system" error of some kind.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/w2kmsgs/1149.asp

Any luck starting in Safe Mode or Last Known Good Configurtion from the f8 boot menu?

If you cannot boot at all and you have an XP CD or the ability to load the Recovery Console I would run

chkdsk /r

on the drive.

http://commandwindows.com/recovery.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-blue-screen-on-startup.574053/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have Blue Screen on Startup a Dell Inspiron running Windows XP Home edition with Service Pack that we have been using on our Blue Screen on Startup wireless network without a problem until recently We are using a Linksys wireless router model wrt gs v There are computers using Blue Screen on Startup the router one works fine the other started getting a blue screen each time an attempt is made to boot the computer about a month agao this is the Dell While on a trip recently we took the computer with us and we were able to connect to other wireless networks so we thought the problem had been solved When we returned home I attempted to start up the computer and got the blue screen again It appeared that it would fail when an attempt was made to start the wireless connection so I took the computer to a local coffee shop and again attempted to start windows It started just fine and was able to utilize the wireless network there While I could I disabled the wireless network and upon returning home again attempted to start the computer up Now it will boot up with no problem but I cannot connect to the wireless network it blue screens Is there a way I can delete the original setup for our wireless network so I can set it up again or is there something else I can do to correct this Thanks nbsp

are you connecting using windows zero config or dells connection tool. To delete the connection is easy you just have to go into whatever tool your using and look for stored connections highlight it and hit the delete key. I'm not familiar with the dell tool so I can't help with it much but if you get in it and go to all the screens you will find the saved connections just highlight your home connection and delete it. If its window Zero config right click on the wireless icon in the tray and go to manage wireless networks. Or its on the screen where you connect on the left hand side it says manage wireless networks or something close to that. I'm on vista and trying to remember where it is on XPs wireless config.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific but I saw no one else had responded and thought I would try to at least steer you in the direction you need to look.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-on-startup.815294/
Relevancy 55.9%

hi guys i've been trying to fix a blue screen issue which happens once windows starts to load, before the problem it was infected by vista antivirus 2011 and i managed to delete that, but now this....
i've tried system restore, startup recovery and a recovery disk all have not worked, anyone have any more ideas ? ? ?

Try starting in safe mode then re-starting comp in normal mode ,hope that helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-on-startup.995689/
Relevancy 55.9%

I've been living with this problem for a while now Whenever my computer starts up whether it's a reboot or just a normal boot I receive a blue screen with just this text STOP c entry Blue Screen Startup point not found The procedure Startup Blue Screen entry point ntoskrnl ExiAcquireFastMutex could not be located in the dynamic link library HAL dll This is the only text on the screen and it does not seem to be creating a crash dump The problem started at least a month ago and I don't have a restore point from when it happened so I can't do a system restore I also don't think it is malware because it only started after I turned off the computer in the middle of an update Once I recieve this message I just reboot and it boots up fine I've run scans with both avast home edition and spybot and the problem still persists I have a lenovo thinkpad x tablet running vista business sp Any help would be great Thanks Daniel

A:Startup Blue Screen

Sounds more of a software issue. Formatting your computer would be your best bet. Also, virus scan in safe mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/263635/startup-blue-screen/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys, so today I turned on my computer and after the loading screen this weird blue screen popped up. It was there for about 30 seconds then my computer restarted. I've attached pictures of it I managed to take before it restarted.
So I'm looking to see if anyone knows what this might be and what I should do if it's something bad.

Thanks in advance.

A:Odd blue screen on startup

Hi Shadow3 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

Are you able to get to the desktop? According to the pictures, it seems that it is probably related to hardware. Did you try resetting the BIOS options to Default Settings?
Do you hear the sounds of fan when the system starts? If you cannot hear anything, is there any airflow at the air vent which is generally present at the sides of the laptop or at the bottom of the laptop?
-Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/61610-odd-blue-screen-startup.html
Relevancy 55.9%

So I am using my roommates computer at the moment. As the description states, I am getting Blue Screened upon entering my desktop. It's not a hardware malfunction, as I can enter Safe Mode without a problem.

Everything started about 2 days ago. Probably something from TPB, as I torrent often, just not from there, unless I can't find what I need from a more secure place (obviously never doing that again). I downloaded and ran Kasperky. It seemed find a decent amount of threats, thought the problems were over. Now I'm not really sure what to do.

Current System:

4 GB DDR2
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHZ
Win7

Access on my computer is extremely limited on non Safe Mode startups, roughly 10 seconds at desktop before Blue Screen happens.

Thanks for reading.

A:Blue Screen After Startup

Realized I could boot in Safe Mode with Networking.

HJT Log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 9:08:51 AM, on 12/7/2010
Platform: Windows 7 (WinNT 6.00.3504)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7600.16385)
Boot mode: Safe mode with network support

Running processes:
C:\Users\Jed Dolbeer\AppData\Roaming\dwm.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn Hamachi\hamachi-2-ui.exe
C:\Users\Jed Dolbeer\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\conhost.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ctfmon.exe
C:\Users\JEDDOL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\csrss.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Users\Jed Dolbeer\Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.bigseekpro.com/splitcam/{5D8AEFDA-9AD7-4194-A480-56E82C862489}
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.bigseekpro.com/splitcam/{5D8AEFDA-9AD7-4194-A480-56E82C862489}
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:54889
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: ToolbarURLSearchHook Class - {CA3EB689-8F09-4026-AA10-B9534C691CE0} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Splitcam Toolbar\tbhelper.dll
F3 - REG:win.ini: load=C:\Users\JEDDOL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\csrss.exe
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe,
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SuggestMeYesBHO - {0FB6A909-6086-458F-BD92-1F8EE10042A0} - C:\Program Files (x86)\AutocompletePro\AutocompletePro.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: IEVkbdBHO - {59273AB4-E7D3-40F9-A1A8-6FA9CCA1862C} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011\ievkbd.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: link filter bho - {E33CF602-D945-461A-83F0-819F76A199F8} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011\klwtbbho.dll
O2 - BHO: SMTTB2009 - {FCBCCB87-9224-4B8D-B117-F56D924BEB18} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Splitcam Toolbar\tbcore3.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Splitcam Toolbar - {338B4DFE-2E2C-4338-9E41-E176D497299E} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Splitcam Toolbar\tbcore3.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011\avp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [svchost] C:\Users\Jed Dolbeer\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\conhost.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [yvpjywjn] C:\Users\JEDDOL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\aogglyowc\pmniufuaffm.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [svchost] C:\Users\Jed Dolbeer\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\conhost.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-after-startup.966963/
Relevancy 55.9%

OK so i woke up this morning and tried to start my computer up. I get to my password page, type it in and get a BSOD stating Page in fault in nonpaged area. I tried again but same thing. Next i tried to start in safe mode but still cant get anyway. So right now i'm unable to get into vista to try to fix it.

Anyone know how i can solve this?

Hi eggyuk,

You might try doing a Startup repair to see if that can fix it for you.

Startup Repair

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/137691-blue-screen-startup.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I installed RC a couple months ago and it was working great Today quite randomly my computer froze I held on Screen Blue Startup the power button Blue Screen on Startup down and turned Blue Screen on Startup it off but now it won't start up again At first the only thing that happened was the computer would turn on but the screen would show nothing I turned it off again for a couple minutes and tried again This time it got to the windows starting screen before flashing a blue screen and restarting I tried doing windows repair but it gets stuck on loading files or it goes to a black screen with a red bar at the top Safe modes and last good config all get blue screens When i do the disable auto restart option it gives me two separate blue screens The first one i got said Bad Pool Header and the second one says a device driver was trying to corrupt my system any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi cornisnice, welcome to the forums.

When you restart, unplug any/all USB prepherals and see if that has any effect on your startup then report back.

Also, did you install any new software/hardware before the crash?

Hope this helps

Jeff

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/11941-blue-screen-startup.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Can any one help with my start up problem For my desktop pc I have a power and boot up problem that does like this Turn on main front power button BIOS screens run through all OK Windows startup screen runs OK with the flashing green yellow bar Then what normally happens is a pause of one or two seconds before the Windows iconappears and I can login What has been occurring recently is at this pause the screen stays black and the computer goes into what can only be described as a low power mode I sense this as the fan speed reduces sometimes uneven and the screen and on Black screen power startup low stays black Nothing else will happen BUT if I turn the pc off at the main power button at Black screen and low power on startup the rear and switch on again it will boot up all through the processes with no problems However if I do this at the stage above I have effectively forced a shut down and Windows enter via ther ecovery but this still works fine Windows etc works then with no problems atall Also if after shutting the PC down correctly I turn off the rear power button and turnit on before start up all starts OK No devices are connected and powered on at start up Black screen and low power on startup other than Netgear router I have disabled the devices Control panel Device manager Properties to wake the computer mouse and keyboard and also the Network Adapter all of which were causingp roblems in waking the computer This was a while ago and has been working fine for many months Any goodi deas would be appreciated Could it be a software problem drivers or ahardware problem power supply

A:Black screen and low power on startup

Hello , Microsoft Fix it Solution Center: troubleshooting software issues In step 2, highlight the performance , errors or crashes and have it run some diagnostics for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/294050-black-screen-low-power-startup.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I Have Problems With Bluescreen Failures
On My Laptop

I Have Asus Notebook K51IO/K70IO
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10Ghz
4.00 GB Ram
32 bit operating system
and using Windows Vista Home Premium

Hope Someone Can Help Me With This Problem

Forgot To Upload Minidump Files

The Problem Startet After I Was Browsing Net and sudenly there was a bluescreen
Failure since then had a few bluescreen crashes and didnt had the time to look for help beacuze of work hope someone can help me out

A:Drive power failure blue screen

As per both files your issue is with the Nvidia driver nvllddmkm.sys If we here at TechSpot received a dollar for every time this driver came up we could all retire. Go to Asus' website, find your exact notebook model and update the drivers from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-power-failure-blue-screen.154369/
Relevancy 55.47%

My 300w power supply blew on my HP a430n and I replaced it with a 350w. Once I turned on my machine, I ended up with the Blue screen of death. I cannot figure out what else could possibly be fried or wrong. I am getting ;
STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0x805DDD38,0xF789E60C,0xF789E308)

Does anyone know what this means? I am desperate! I was wanting to buy a new computer, but I would still love to keep this one, and typing this on my cell phone is a pain. Please HELP!
ALYSIA

A:New power supply & Blue Screen of Death

basilgirl said:

My 300w power supply blew on my HP a430n and I replaced it with a 350w. Once I turned on my machine, I ended up with the Blue screen of death. I cannot figure out what else could possibly be fried or wrong. I am getting ;
STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0x805DDD38,0xF789E60C,0xF789E308)

Does anyone know what this means? I am desperate! I was wanting to buy a new computer, but I would still love to keep this one, and typing this on my cell phone is a pain. Please HELP!
ALYSIAClick to expand...

Hi Alysia- try booting from your XP install CD and do a repair. Hope it goes well- Chris

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-power-supply-blue-screen-of-death.652021/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi here is my unique problem it all started a month ago when my pc didn t turn on it happened like that it was on but there were no screen and I realized it s rebootin again and of death?! Power screen failure on blue or again seconds in a row after that I changed my power since I realize that s the prob but after I bought a new power which was tested the problem continued I mean it did t fix just turned on once then I figured out a rediculous way to turn it on I started changing the place of quot reset sw quot that is for the reset button on the case by pluging it in to beside simular slots and after doing that for several time or in cases one time pc boots cuz still Power on failure or blue screen of death?! does but after a while it started Power on failure or blue screen of death?! to crash with death blue screen and most of the time says irql less or not equal which I also found a way for that I did these Power on failure or blue screen of death?! things randomly to turn it on clearing cmos removing ram and powering on pc then putting it back and powering again changin hard drive port to another right slot and even once removing and puttin back cpu but I didn t power on the pc when I removed it and it all used to work till tonigh that whatever I do it ends up with the blue death after about ten min after I work with pc now I m really stuck and I really have no Idea what to do so only if you can help me that means blieve me alot to me I ll really be thankful nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-on-failure-or-blue-screen-of-death.183077/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a Medion P54016 MD20315 64bit PC.
A couple of weeks ago my screen froze but after switching it off it started again OK.
However it has reached the stage where the screen came up with “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are just collecting some error information and then we’ll restart for you.” but nothing happens so I switched off.
It has now got to the stage where if I switch on the mains input blue light on the PC is still on and does not go off even when I keep switching it off at the mains input.
I have seen that this is likely to be Blue screen BOSD but I am at a loss as to what to do.
Any help would be much appreciated.

A:Windows 10 Blue screen and power problem

Power on wait 3 seconds power off.
repeat three times
on fourth attempt leave on and it should power to windows advanced tools where you can select repair this computer select startup repair and leave it to get on with the repair.as it could take awhile.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/windows-10-blue-screen-power-problem-4603603/
Relevancy 55.47%

How likely is it that regular video driver blue screen crashes are caused be an insufficient power supply?

Thanks

A:Can lack of power cause blue screen crashes

that sound like memory more than power supply, have you tested you memory?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/105032-can-lack-power-cause-blue-screen-crashes.html