Windows Support Forum

Issue on download speed

Q: Issue on download speed

Hello Everyone,

i am downloading google softwares with fast speed but slow on other sites slow speed.....

I mean when i download any google softwares and youtube videos ..download speed will be about 1Mbps but when i download from any sites like softpedia.com or other sites ..download speed will be about 25 kbps...please guide me ...

Thanks

Jenisbob

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Issue on download speed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Issue on download speed

First what kind of internet service do you have, and what speed.
Test your internet using dsl reports, or speedtest. I prefer speedtest: Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

How are you connecting to the internet, wired or wireless. Also as a side note the slow download speeds could also be on the downstream server end. The number of simultaneous downloads, they might throttle back the server to save bandwith, etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/issue-on-download-speed-657806.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey guys Recently my internet has been extremely slow but only on my computer I built the current PC I am using and I also built Internet Speed Issue Download my previous one which my little Internet Download Speed Issue brother uses His download speed is fine average at mb s my partners laptop download speed is averaging at mb s thats with a bar signal as well yet my download speed is this http www speedtest net result png That's the thing I don't get my PC is a lot more powerful than my previous one as well I have ran Virus scans though AVG Disk Clean ups Defrags Malwarebytes scans for Malware yet that doesn't seem to help at all although I got rid of Malware issues which was good I have re-installed and updated my Ethernet drivers and that also hasn't done a thing I have had a look on Google went through a lot of forums and tried out different approaches to this without success so any help would be extremely appreciated I am connecting with a Network cable via a Netgear Wireless N Modem Router - Model DGN I have tried running safe mode and the internet speed is still the same I replaced my cable with a new CAT Cable and also tried switching ports on the router which also didn't work Last night I disabled my windows firewall and my antivirus and then ran speedtest and the speed got up to a maximum of mb s which is a big change from mb s This didnt last long though but it did stay the same after I turned everything back on I used to use AVG but deleted that and installed MSE once I scanned with that I found a Java exploit virus and a virtool win obfuscator xz virus I removed the Java exploit but failed to remove the virtool win obfuscator xz I decided I would try and get rid of its origin some game ISO's I had which are now deleted But I think this virus is still lingering and messing with my computer I dont know if it is directly causing issues with my internet but the speed of my internet feels like its slowly degrading everyday I have been through some other forums about this virus and I tried to follow the great advice of Jacee but I cant download any of the tools to do the job that she is asking I am almost at the point of re-installing Windows as this getting extremely frustrating All your help will be greatly appreciated and I look forward to your replys

A:Internet Download Speed Issue

Hi NomadAU, welcome to Seven Forums.

I recently had similar problems with my Netgear DGN2000. It would download on my wired desktop pc at a snails pace. On my laptop, speed was excellent. When I wired my laptop to my router it would load my home page only and gave No Internet connection. If I moved the ethernet cable to any other ports on the router to my desktop pc it would give No Internet connection.
Removing all connection related settings from both pc's and resetting router to factory default did nothing to improve anything. So I bought a Netgear DGN2200v3, now normal service resumed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288289-internet-download-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I am new to this board but I am at a loss with my issue I recently upgraded to Windows from Windows Speed Download 8.1 Issue Windows and Windows 8.1 Download Speed Issue am having problems with downloads This may or may not be a JDownloader issue but Windows 8.1 Download Speed Issue maybe you can help none the less Ever since the upgrade I have not reached my previous download speeds I am using JDownloader I have a mbps fiber internet connection I am getting according to SpeedTest Before the upgrade I was getting - mbps download speeds but now I am only getting up to to kbps download speeds One thing Windows 8.1 Download Speed Issue I have noticed is that the more files I am downloading the faster the speeds simultaneous downloads reaches up to kbps total but one download will only reach to kbps I have adjusted the Connections and the Simultaneous downloads to no avail Whether it may be JDownloader or a Windows issue I would be thankful for any advice pointing me in the right direction Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 Download Speed Issue

Have you tried upgrading your network card driver ?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/36259-windows-8-1-download-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I moved into a city that has 1gbps fiber and I got it. I set my computer up to run Ubuntu or Windows 7 in the Ubuntu OS I have full speed, like 980mbps but in Windows I can only get around 370mbps, they informed me that it was a know issue which is why they carry around laptops with Ubuntu instead of windows to troubleshoot there system. Anyone have any clue on this, I cant even imagine where to start looking for the setting or fix. Thanks

A:Limited fiber download speed in windows 7 full speed in linux

1gbps is fantastic. I suspect the Windows problem is a driver problem. Did you check the Windows 10TP. Maybe they fixed it. But then, the really big chunks you can always download with Ubuntu. I envy you, LOL.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363131-limited-fiber-download-speed-windows-7-full-speed-linux.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model ping problems and good Actual download but speed test speed Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Actual download speed problems but good ping and speed test D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Iris Antivirus Sunbelt VIPRE Updated and Enabled I m having a problem with my download speeds I don t have an ultra high connection just mb s My speed tests confirm that is exactly what I m getting but when I actually download something it goes to kb s and will go no higher I ve contacted my ISP and they say it s my computer The speed test is showing what it should but I just can t get past I ve ran several malware spyware and virus tests and they all come out clean I m at the end of my rope Don t have a clue what to do next to get my speed up This is what shows on IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users David gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name David-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - E- - - E- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February AM Lease Expires Friday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B E-F C - - F F- F ECB br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users David gt nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I recently upgraded my internet service and found that speed test results from speedtest.net and speakeasy.com were giving me download results that were ~ half of what I was supposed to be getting ( 9Mbs vs 16Mbs). I called the ISP and they suggested I restart in safe mode w/ networking and run the tests again. I did and the results of the test were surprising. I was getting the 16Mbs download speed that I signed up for. The tech suggested that I may be infected with something. I run several free programs (Mbam, avg, avast, ect.) to try to aviod these things, but it seems as though something may have gotten through. Any help that you guys may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Btw, no error messages and I am running Windows XP. Thanks in advance.

A:Pc speed test download speed significantly faster in safe mode

I take it MBam is updayted and run..Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.Next run ATF and SAS: If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".From your regular user account..Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..DO NOT run yet.Open SUPER from icon and install and Update itUnder Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.NOW Scan with SUPEROpen from the desktop icon or the program Files listOn the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303206/pc-speed-test-download-speed-significantly-faster-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 54.61%

First off my specs Adapter Realek RTL EE bgn Wifi Adapter Router Linksys Cisco WRT N Known to have connection issues in the past but I explain why this probably isn t a factor Not sure what else is needed SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled So I ll boot up my laptop and everything will work fine My download speeds will be somewhere near - mb s and uploads are around - mb s I ll also ping test my computer with no packet loss a ping around and jitter around - It all looks great and dandy Pics below Except after about to minutes my download speeds will dropoff to about - kb s and my ping test goes through the roof to about - with jitter near Not good at all Now I have the suspicion this is being caused by my internal wifi adapter the Realtek because when I use another external usb adapter TP Link TL-WN N my speeds never fluctuate and speed change. doesn't Upload drop Download off, speed I Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. have no problem ever Is Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. there anyway to narrow down what this could possibly be caused by Plus I should mention I ve uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. for my internal adapter so many times its not even fun anymore After I install the speed will jump to the - mb s range but again will drop after - minutes I couldn t find the screen shot of my outrageous ping beside the horrible download speed but I ll keep looking EDIT I ll use Xirrus Wifi Inspector to see relative signal strength and according to it it never changes Gah nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-drop-off-upload-speed-doesnt-change.1102762/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, my problem is that i have low download speed and fast upload speed. My brother have 17 download speed and 16 upload speed on wifi (he have also notebook) and i have download speed 2,5 and upload speed 16. We were trying speedtest.net at the same time. http://www.speedtest.net/result/4038336205.png

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:lenovo U510 low download speed fast upload speed

hi Delian

Thanks for Posting!

try checking these

Change Encryption Support
Right-Click on the Wi-fi signal icon on the lower right corner of the screen, Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
Cick on your Wireless network on the main page.

3. Click on Wireless Properties.4. Click on Security Tab.5. If applicable, change the Encryption type to TKIP and test.

Then check the Speed again.

Let me know your findings
Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-U510-low-download-speed-fast-upload-speed/td-p/1846555
Relevancy 54.61%

I use Windows Vista SP2.I use the latest Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security(updated) and Malwarebytes (updated) and latest version of K9 web protection.I use IE9,Firefox 3.6.16 and Chrome 11.0 beta.I have a download speed of max 190-210 kBps and upload speed of 31-40 kBps.It has been working normally with fast surfing and downloading.Yesterday I saw a weird thing,I usually download through torrents.I saw my downloads are happening,but no sites are opening.Even Google was once or twice opening very slowly.So please tell me what is happening?

A:Extremely slow browsing speed but fast download speed????

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-slow-browsing-speed-but-fast-download-speed.989278/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys I hope you can help on this issue I ve been having with my internet connection I don t know what to do I resently formatted my harddrive because my internet all of a sudden started being very slow but after the format it s still the same issue Now I ve is Solved: fine... download Slow speed, speed upload tried plugging the connection line into my laptop and there there s no problem I am gettin a slower download than upload I have a mb download upload speed LAN connection I ran a speed test on the same connection and on my stationary it shows like kbs download and like kbs upload while on my laptop it shows like Mbs download and kbs upload so what s the problem So far I ve found out that it has nothing to do with the internet connection line or my NIC I tried a brand new one and it was the same issue it s not spyware or malware it s not fragmented and under internet connections it says that I m connected on a Mb network card and there are no problems with any of the devices However I can see that Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... if I open the job list the download connection is very unstable going from up to kb for a breif moment then falls to a halt at kb and moreover it says that I m not using any percent of the network I m on windows and haven t had any problems before this the rest of Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... the system works just fine but not the internet If I try and download something it won t get higher than like kb and then may stop altogether additional info Windows bit Asus M A AMD DDR Phenom II AMD Athlon AMD Phenom II x black Ghz W Mushkin DDR PC - GB CL kit SP Seagate Barracuda GB MB nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Greetings all hope you are doing fine Situation - I have a Mb DSL connection - Speed while downloading a file using Internet Download Manager is between - KB sec - Browsing streaming speed is between - KB sec - Speed while downloading a file using any browser is between - KB sec - Downloaded the TCP Optimizer and applied the Optimal settings Did not solve the issue - Followed the instruction here gt gt http www speedguide net articles w -tweaks- Did not solve the issue - TCP Analyzer is saying that my MTU is but in my router and in my NIC it is - Speed Test in Safe Mode can sometimes yield better results - Tried disabling all start-up items Did not solve the issue My setup OS Windows x NIC Atheros AR AR AR Router SMC WBRA Connection Type Ethernet ----------------------------------------------- Speed Test Results SpeedGuide net TCP Analyzer Results Tested on IP address xx xx proxy Client OS browser Windows Chrome TCP options string c MSS MTU TCP Window NOT multiple of download speed Fast browsing/streaming low speed, MSS RWIN Scaling bits Unscaled RWIN Recommended RWINs BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s MTU Discovery ON TTL Timestamps OFF SACKs ON IP ToS ------------------------------------------------ Thanks nbsp

A:Fast download speed, low browsing/streaming speed

Set the MTU in the router itself to 1492

Analyzer is saying that my MTU is 1460, but in my router and in my NIC it is 1500Click to expand...

the normal value for DSL is 1492, and 1460 is INVALID = = must be a multiple of 8.

Manually set {1472 or 1464} in the router.

The article cited has good info but I would opt for all the defaults.

restore:

netsh int tcp set heuristics enabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

see this article to set SackOpts=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fast-download-speed-low-browsing-streaming-speed.192638/
Relevancy 54.18%

Recently my desktop has experienced very slow download speeds (~0.11 Mbps), however the upload speed appears to be in line (~2.0Mbps). These numbers are taken from Comcast's speed test (my ISP). It is obviously a problem with my PC because everything else on the network (PS3, Laptop) have great signals with no problems. I just recently reverted the Desktop back to its factory state, and everything was working fine for a couple of months.

The desktop in question uses Vista 32-bit and the Belkin Basic USB Wireless Adapter.

A:Very slow download speed, upload speed is fine

Welcome to TSG:
Run a speedtest here and see if the results are the same:
http://www.speedtest.net/
Then,boot up in safe mode with networking and see if the speed improves.Like so:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#03

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-is-fine.974049/
Relevancy 54.18%

All of a sudden while browsing, I get insanely slow loading times, with multiple timeouts. I go on speedtest and this is my speed. I get random latency spikes during video games. I could barely upload the picture of my speedtest results, and I'll be surprised if this thread even makes it. What is happening? How can I fix it? Thanks

I've tried disabling all startup programs and rebooted, nothing
Restarted router, nothing

I have a Belkin Enhanced Wireless Router F6D4230-4 V1

A:Download Speed Fine, Upload Speed Non-existent?

Reboot and check your speed again.

How can you have a Custom Build and not know what motherboard you have.

Use this little free program to find out what your system is.

Speccy

https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357646-download-speed-fine-upload-speed-non-existent.html
Relevancy 54.18%

hallo
i have a problem last 1 week.my downloas speed well..but browseing speed slow.i playing online games.watch movie. its soo low its too pain full.i cant under stand why?..i am from srilanka.internet line ADSL.. prolink router..512KB/s line..plz help me.

A:fast download speed but browseing speed slow.

Hi, welcome to this forum!

Please visit this site to measure the real speed of the connection. When done please post the results here.
Internet providers (who gives you the internet) usually make an offer of x speed internet but they only guarantee you to get much less. So the speed might change up and down sometimes. If the internet is still very slow please read the details of your agreement with the internet provider. But first give us the speed results from that site

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190808-fast-download-speed-but-browseing-speed-slow.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My wife has a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows Professional Bit GB Memory with Intel GHz Our ISP provider installed a new Router about four months ago and tested up and down speeds before they left Downloads were in the high s Mbps and uploads in the s Mbps I began to notice a couple of weeks ago that Internet access with either IE or Chrome seemed kind of Download speed, Slow speed fine Upload slow I ran speedof me and the best download speed is Mbps but usually around Mbps but the upload speeds are Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine still around Mbps I have an iPhone a Kindle Fire and a Toshiba laptop and have run speedof me on them right next to the Dell laptop and the speeds on all three are fine We use Norton Security and I ran the Power Eraser with nothing found Ran Malware Bytes and nothing of concern showed up Updated the wifi card driver from Dell as well as the driver for the Marvell Yukon Internet controller No Joy I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for me to try to speed her laptop I thank you in advance Lou

A:Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine

If you can run our wireless test from the page PCHF System Scans post results be sure to right click and run as administrator

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/130096-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone,
At first I noticed a slow down with my ISP (Verizon FIOS) from 15mb/s to 6-7mb/s, but the upload speed is unaffected. So, I called my ISP they told me could be an issue with the Windows that I am using.
Then I called MS regarding the network issue, however they told me that my license has expired is not under warranty for technical support. Here I am asking for some help.

Some of the thing that the ISP done was conducting some test:
Buffer size:261360 bytes
Receive size: 66608 bytes
Their ISP network technician told me that the Receive size was too low and causing problem to the download speed, but the upload speed is still good.

So, anyone who have any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

A:Download speed is limited, but upload speed is fine

are you using a router?
if yes, try bypassing the routing by plugging directly into the modem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160316-download-speed-limited-but-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I regularly upload videos online and since the last few days they ve been timing out or stalling Blip tv is telling me a MB file is going Speed, Horrible Speed Great Upload Download to take hours to upload Yeah right Other sites like that are about the same or just time out and give me errors - such as Youtube I recently got that quot We re Sorry quot page on Google so I m thinking something is up and there may be something on my computer sending crap out Here s Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed my speedtest net results I ve scanned the computer with ad-aware spybot search and destroy panda anti-virus avg malware bytes super anti spyware - the works and I m not getting anything Everything says the computer is clean This just doesn t seem right to me however If it s any help - I used a different computer with the same modem and was able to upload fine HJT Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed Log Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Windows system WTablet Wacom TabletUser exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progra... Read more

Relevancy 53.32%

For some reason programs and files are taking a very long time to download (about 30 kbps), but youtube plays fine, I can go to any website and troubleshooting shows nothing wrong. I went to speedtest.net and I'm averaging about 12 mbps so files should be downloading fast.

At this point I'm stumped. This PC has a fresh install of Windows 7, up-to-date. It is a Dell OptiPlex 780.

I should have also mentioned that the Network drivers are also up-to-date.

A:12 mbps download speed, but programs take a long time to download

are you using torrents ? you might be throttled

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363403-12-mbps-download-speed-but-programs-take-long-time-download.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I've been told before that download speed is independent of how fast your Internet connection is. Is that true?

A:Download Speed v. Internet Connection Speed

Short answer = no. But on the other hand yes. Depends on how you mean the question.

Internet connection speed is defined by download speed and upload speed.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

It's probably an issue of semantics, i.e. what they meant when they said "download". Your "download speed" is dependent on how fast your ISP's download speed, but also how fast the downloading server us uploading the data, be it a file or a web page, or whatever. You can't get something faster than someone is sending it to you, however you can get it slower.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/download-speed-v-internet-connection-speed-686017.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I already tried safe mode with networking so i assume it s not about viruses or my antivirus Here s upload than is speed Download lower my speed. from a tcp ip analyzer TCP options string MTU MTU is not fully optimized for broadband Consider increasing your MTU to for better throughput If you are using a router it could be limiting your MTU regardless of Registry settings MSS MSS is not optimized for broadband Consider increasing your MTU value Default TCP Receive Window RWIN RWIN Scaling RFC bits scale factor Unscaled TCP Receive Window RWIN is not fully optimized Download speed is lower than my upload speed. even though it is a comparatively large number The unscaled RWIN value is lower than it should be Also RWIN being close to and above does not justify the header overhead of enabling TCP Options You might want to use one of the recommended RWIN values below For optimum performance consider changing RWIN to a multiple of MSS Other RWIN values that might work well with your current MTU MSS up to Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS bandwidth delay product Note this is not a speed test Your TCP Window limits you to kbps KBytes s ms Your TCP Window limits you to kbps KBytes s ms MTU Discovery RFC ON Time to live left hops TTL value is ok Timestamps RFC OFF Selective Acknowledgements RFC ON IP type of service field RFC I have a desktop where I am getting around kbps with the same modem Just enough for my mbps kbps connection But when I try to use this laptop the connection becomes like this Down is in average and up is higher os is windows xp nbsp

A:Download speed is lower than my upload speed.

Try TCP Optimizer. I've used it for wireless connections with XP, it has never made things worse for me, sometimes helped dramatically, and it will save original settings so that you can revert to them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-is-lower-than-my-upload-speed.976376/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi! i just wanna ask between the difference of the download speed and the internet speed. because i have a 1.5mb connection i tried at speedtest and when i download i always get a 190-200kbps rate. so its not actually 1.5mb in my download speed even my internet speed is 1.5mbps. is there and calculator what should be my connection if i want my download speed like 1mb per second? thank you very much.

A:difference between the download speed and internet speed?

Are you sure you're not getting 190-200KBps? You have to watch because the speed is often stated using different bit rates. When you see 1.5Mbs (lower case b) then it is megabits per second. If you see 190KBs (upper case B) then it's talking kilobytes per second. There are 8 bits in a byte so you really need to multiply the KBs number by 8 to determine the megabits or divide the Mbs number by 8 to determine the megabyte number.

In your case 200KBs multiplied by 8 is 1600Kbs or 1.6Mbs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310087-difference-between-download-speed-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 52.89%

So I ve always kind of had this issue not something really new However after testing my wife s PC to see if it were a router issue or something I realized I m in a bad spot My speed test had my D L at like Mbps and my U L at like Both spiked during the test around Comparing to my wife s PC when I did the test was Mbps D L and Mbps U L Her PC has the hard line into it while mine is directly connected to the router The provider goes through her PC etc Is there some tests I could do to find out higher than Upload download speed speed... my if it s Upload speed higher than my download speed... My PC My Router or Just some settings Thank you Also I saw someone ask on another one of these issues for the netstat -n so here is mine Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Active Connections Proto Local Address Foreign Address State TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED nbsp

A:Upload speed higher than my download speed...

Interesting thing, I refreshed my net and restarted my PC, and it was peaking at 322.5KBps, but now it's back down to like 10-20KBps (at least when d/l from steam).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upload-speed-higher-than-my-download-speed.167450/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm using a Compact Wireless-G Linksys USB Adapter with Speedbooster, and getting higher Upload speed than download speed on every speed testing website I try. Any thoughts on why?

Router: WRT54G2 Firmware vers. 1.0.01
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840T Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6143 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5670, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 942353 MB, Free - 640989 MB; D: Total - 11412 MB, Free - 1394 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AB1
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 52.89%

I have a 2Mb/s connection. At least that is what online speed test shows. But why are my downloads much lower? I mean less than 1Mb/s

A:High Speed Connection - Low Speed Download?

Your connection is 2 megabits per second I assume....that comes out to about 256KB/sec in a browser.

Are you saying you only get 128KB/sec in your browser?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114425-high-speed-connection-low-speed-download.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I just switched over to my linksys router last night for my wireless because the small usb adapter I had sucked. my download speed went from 2-3 up to 58, HOWEVER, my upload speed usually won't even connect on the speed test from speedtest.org????

I can pull up maybe 1-2 website I frequently visit immediately, but 99% of other sites won't even load, or I get the text based webpage....what could the problem be?? My friends laptop works fine, my phone works fine, signal strength is good....??? Also i disabled antivirus and phising/popup blockers. etc

A:Download speed is good, BUT, upload speed is 0...?

lots of visits i see, can someone please help me out here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-is-good-but-upload-speed-is-0.1109312/
Relevancy 51.17%

so i ran a speed test with several different website and they all said my download speed is between 5 Mbps and 8 Mbps :

however when i actually download something my download speed stay at 1 Mbps or when i watch videos ( youtube )
i dnt have this problem with my phone !

thank u

A:download speed different from speed test

help help help why ??

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/37842-download-speed-different-speed-test.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have four computers that are connected at any given time to the home network. I believe have two issues here.

The first, all of the computers connect and surf the Internet at very slow speeds. Sometimes it seems like I'm back on Dial-up. My MacBook (which is my main computer I work from) connects to the Internet with an Ethernet cable directly into the DSL box. Even if I turn the other three computers off in the office I still run slow on the Internet. Any thoughts on how to improve this? My DSL provider says its an issue with our setup. Great thanks for the help!

Second, my Mac overall seems to be running very slow. I have over 14GB of available space so I would not think that the computer is in overload.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

A:Moving at turtle speed - Internal Network issue or DSL issue?

If you have more than one computer, and all exhibit the same symptoms, it's hard to believe they're all bad.
Pick one that doesn't exhibit any other issues and do this:

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-at-turtle-speed-internal-network-issue-or-dsl-issue.773177/
Relevancy 48.16%

Is this even possible? Ive never seen a download speed so low, I cant even watch youtube, and forget netflix. Yet my upload seems to be through the roof. What is causing this? .58mb/s DL with a 43.26mb/s upload @ 5 ms ping.

A:Extremely low download speed and extremely high upload speed

Might I ask what time of day you did that test? In My Opinion, the Internet is like the Interstate. You can't go fast at rush hour.
You should try it at different times of day to see if it changes.
You could even try another test site http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/
http://reviews.cnet.com/internet-speed-test/ http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
http://www.dslreports.com/stest
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-low-download-speed-and-extremely-high-upload-speed.184515/
Relevancy 47.3%

im just wondering how can i make my downloads faster without getting one of the "tacky" download browsers that are not safesrry its 73.6 kbs per secEdit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201286/how-can-i-speed-up-my-download-speed/
Relevancy 47.3%

Is it possible to increase the download speed from an ISP without using rubbish software which generally have Malware with it?

One word answers are not useful in this debate...
Be explicit and don't rant like I do!

A:Can you speed up download speed from ISP

Not it isn't, And none of those so called accelerators will either. The only way to get faster speed with your ISP is to get a faster package/connection if possible, or go with an ISP that offers faster connections.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/212929-can-you-speed-up-download-speed-isp.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, i have got a webserver running on my local area network, and i uploaded a 100mb zip file to test the download speed and it only downloads around 450kbps. Does anyone know how to make the download speed go higher?

Relevancy 46.87%

I tested my internet speed and got a download speed 593Mbps and upload 862Mbps, ping=2ms.

However, when I download files from some websites where the download speed looked like limited, such as 150kbps, couldnot be any faster.

Does anyone know why ?  Could I make it faster in such case ?

Thanks forum.

A:Download speed

A couple of things come to mind.  Sometimes the site you're going to gets overloaded and become slow.  Every time you go to a site, your connection can be routed through different sites, and sometimes one of these sites can be slow and/or having problems.  I just had it happen with Dell forums which are normally fast, and sometimes I see it happen here as well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541269/download-speed/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I have a DELL Desktop with XP & VAIO Laptop with Vista Home premium,I tried to measure the download speed by connecting both of them thru LAN connection (one by one)

I have 16000 tariff, for desktop I get 15000 kb/s & Laptop 11000 kb/s
I also tried also auto tuning TCP/IP receive Level but no use.....

Can any body Help? Thanks in advance.

A:Less Download speed

Can Any body please.......... help???

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/212769-less-download-speed.html
Relevancy 46.87%

So my internet got really slow I went to www.speedtest.net to see if everything is alright these are my results http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3195291341 they are similar to what is written on the paper that I got from my providers, but whenever I try to download something it downloads on 340-500 kb/s, sometimes it even doesn't work. In the past it used to download 5 mb/s and even more. Internet cables are alright. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium x 64 bit. I'm using this internet for 3 years. Btw I read somewhere that my internet needs a reboot if it does need a reboot how do I do it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-really-low.1116256/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello everyone! I am a new member of this forum.

I recently built myself a new pc. These are the specs:

It's quite weird what I'm experiencing but I'll try to explain.

I am using my normal Ethernet cable that I used on my old PC at the exact same location / circumstances, but when I plug the cable in my new PC, my download speed peaks at 81.5 kb/s and my upload speed peaks at 10 kb/s. Now when I put it back in my old pc I get 3mb/s download speed and 0.5 mb/s upload speed. I don't quite understand what the problem is. Do I need to update drivers/BIOS? I can't find any updates. This is a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit with barely any programs installed as of yet. I have reinstalled Windows 7 aswell, to no avail.
Thanks in advance,

Rick

A:81.5 kb/s download speed

Did you install the Realtek LAN driver from Asrock? Here is the download location for it: http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=970 Extreme3&o=Win764

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/81-5-kb-s-download-speed.1041732/
Relevancy 46.87%

I ran a speed test on speedtest.net. The results were 2.5 mb/s and yet when I download any type of file I max out between 300-320 kb/s. Tried on a different pc with a fresh windows install and same result.

Anything I can do to get my bandwith corrected? Even my ISP said that shouldn't be happening.

Thoughts?

Make sure you are not trying to compare bits to bytes.
Speed meters use bits per second, file downloads are shown as Bytes per second, with a Capital B
With a 2.5 mbps download speed, you would expect 180-200 KB/s downloads.
If you are getting 300-320 KB/s file download speeds that would indicate your speedtest should be showing 3.75-4.0 mb/s speed.

More info in post 8 here

Might want to try a different site, the closest one is not always the most accurate.
I'm in Portland, OR, and I've had the speedtest to Portland show 6 mbps while Seattle shows 18-20 mbps, 3 times faster.
Currently Seattle is showing very poor numbers for me:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed.875626/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi ,
I have a broadband connection with maximum speed of 5mbps . It gives a very good download speed on torrent but browsing speed is very slow for my PC. On other systems speed is good. It takes lot of time to load any page. Can you tell me what can be the issue?
How to resolve this issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed.1158504/
Relevancy 46.87%

i have bellsouth fast access dsl but im getting extremely slow download speeds, sometimes it dips to 8kbps. you can imagine how frustrating this is. im really not good with computers beyond getting on the internet so any help is appreciated.

A:download speed

can you supply details of make model of kit and how / all that is connected.

does this happen all the time or only sometimes and does it happen at a particular time of day

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed.476680/
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently got Uverse .
Originally I had 6gb down speed, and they kept raising it because of their billing errors.

They raised it to 18gb at same price ( $19.95 mo. on a promotion.)

Then I got an SSD, and they reneged on their price and wanted $50.00 mo. for the 18gb.

They rolled me back to 6gb, and my speed seems fine.

I backed up my C drive and it took 5 minutes, including verification.

They are now calling me to increase the speed, but I see no need.

Would increasing Uverse speed do anything more than what I have?

Thanks,

Paul

No...not really. The only advantage to a speed increase would be if you do some serious movie downloading or streaming, or you did some extensive online gaming. I know plenty of people with around same dwonload speed as you and almost never have a problem. If it's working well for you I'd keep it as is....if your needs change at a later date, you can always upgrade.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/255855-download-speed.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I use windows 7. Download speed is consistently low meaning I cannot make skype calls, watch a movie etc. ISP says it's not the connection or the network but something in my comp. Any
ideas?

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,
I am trying to help my friend with his pc issue. He is running Windows 7 on an i5-3570k with 8gb of ram on a 64 bit system. At home he has a 20MBPS connection, but here recently it is only showing 1.5 download, 57png, and 1.5 upload. He just brought it over to my house to try it on my internet which is also a 20MBps connection. He is still having the same issue. On my pc however I am right where I should be speed wise.
We have checked his network card for updates but further than that I am lost. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Bad Download Speed

Sorry that I did not initially post this.

They are both wired connections.

My internet service provider is AT&T, his is comcast.

Cable connection.

My modem is a 2wire. He can not remember his.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/319725-bad-download-speed.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Yeah i was wondering about this weird thing that my download speed should be something like 12000 kb/s while today it was around 120, so i am just wondering why i am not getting the maximum potential or lets say the maximum download speed?

Could be trouble with ISP, cabling to modem, modem, router, ethernet cable(s), wireless if using it or the computer. See which of those you can eliminate as suspects.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed.1022077/
Relevancy 46.87%

My download speed changed .
My speed is 1500/512 up to 4 weeks ago my average download speed was around 120-140Kb/s which is a good average.

Then I did a hard drive format, since then my speed as droped to 54-62Kb/s.

I have been onto my server support which is bigpond but get no help or sence out of them .

Anyone come across the same thing.

Pat

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed.717180/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an emachine T5048 3.07 Ghz system with 896 MB memory. When I download software it takes a long time. It is like my download speed is set tooooo slow. How do I adjust it? I read that if you look at your performance chart there is a "throttle bar" that can be adjusted to increase the download speed. We got into administrative tools/performance and saw the graphs but we saw No throttle bar. Looked on Microsoft help..no throttle bar...etc etc...Thanks in advance for any help that you offer.Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Download Speed

First question, dial-up, DSL, or cable connection? You can go here to find out you upload and download speed and compare it to others:http://www.speedtest.net/You could try various download managers, but there not all that great. Torrent sites offer some improvement, but you run the risk of corrupted, incomplete or damaged files and the risk of getting a virus is rather highMark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114049/download-speed/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have 0.5M broadband via a LAN with DLink router. I've got IE 5.5 on Windows ME.
Download (pages or files) speeds vary randomly from as low as 300 B/sec (!) to ~ 50kB/sec (the norm).
Often pages won't load and/or timeout. Occasionally the 'refresh' button seems the trigger a page to download immediately. The router is showing the LAN and DSL both connected.

Is this a known problem? Is it a PC, router or line problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70658/download-speed/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi guys, me again.

I have upgraded ram to 2GB, however the downlad speed hasn`t improve... I am begining to wonder if it would be better to stick with xp...

In the xp my dwnld speed was 1,2MB/sec, now it is 500kB/sec...

sempron 2GHz, 2GBram, nforce2 based motherboard, pci lan card

A:download speed again...

The amount of RAM shouldn't have any bearing on your download speed. What service are you using to measure your speed with... Your results can vary dramatically from one test to another....

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/53558-download-speed-again.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3839 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 , 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 599222 MB, Free - 557393 MB; D: Total - 11154 MB, Free - 1621 MB;
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, Narra6, 6.01, 103245170004372
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

Currently, Road Runner turbo download speed is 14.9mbps, upload 1.92 mbs.
Is this considered satisfactory? Please advise. Thanks for your time.
Go Steelers,
Elisabethm

Howdy,

Those speeds seem OK....but it depends what speed you are suppose to have...do you know?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed.972894/
Relevancy 46.87%

What should the average download speeds be on a cable connection.I have a dell with 2.53cpu-256rdram.I am only getting between 8-20 kb/sec.Does not matter what time of day or nite it is.Are there any tweaks that work or downloads.Would it help to shut down some of the running programs?

The quality of your download speed will depend on primarily the quality of your ISP. But if you're truly getting 8-20 kb/sec. then something is def. not right. Rather than focusing on tips and tweaks, I would suggest you contact your ISP and tell them what the problem is and ask them what you are supposed to get according to your SLA (Service Level Agreement).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed.128020/
Relevancy 46.87%

How can i speed up my download speed?

Get a faster router ... I use a 1Ghz PC with 512MB RAM running Linux. Next, you'll need to purchase from your ISP at least 5mb down. Keep in mind that some sites cannot deliver that fast.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/209856-download-speed.html
Relevancy 46.87%

is there any thing i can do to increase download speeds i use bit tornado and my internet speed is 54.0mbps i tried to download a 1 hour show and the e.t.a was 2 days is that right.

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi At Christmas I was lucky enough to get my own pc It is a huge improvement from my families with things such as core quad processor HD Radeon Pro Graphics Card GB hard drive Gb RAM or I forget I am running on Windows XP SP Anyway my friend also got a computer his spec is not as good but when he is downloading files he is going at about megabytes per second he is connected to his router via a belkin usb card Anyway the thing that gets me not Download right... just speed he is with Virgin media too we both has a linksys WRT Download speed just not right... model router we both use something to Download speed just not right... connect our computer to the router mine being a NetGear ethernet plug When I download things I go at say kb per second on a good day even with my anti virus and everything turned off It is not to do with the computer When we signed up for virgin media our download speed was supposed to be mps I d be happy with mbps for sure I have tried network optimizers and clean ups etc However does not help much at all I jave ram various spyware malware virus scans etc these proved no results I ran a scan on iolo and it tells me I am downloading at a peek of mbps I d love that but where is that when I download Hope someone can help thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

We're connected with 3Mbps DSL connection and I am wondering what would my actual download speed be?

If I'm going to download something at off-peak hours, in the early morning, should I be expecting 300KB - 375KB per second download? Or much lower?

You are getting what you are paying for. With DSL there is no peak times or usage since it is a dedicated non-shared line.

You can perform speed tests at various times of the day via http://www.speedtest.net

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453535/download-speed/
Relevancy 46.87%

ciao,how i reset svchost.exe (ipv4-ipv6)-netsh int ipv4 reset-failed!
and why my ISP download speed is 18 Mbps and when i use CyberGhost I have 70 Mbps?
how open a new thread?I posted right here?

A:my ISP download speed

You need to post a speedtest result first, showing your Up & Down speeds. You can use Shaper Probe to get that information. ShaperProbe Just run in a Command window, and paste the results in a post.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/55991-my-isp-download-speed.html
Relevancy 46.87%

It seems that for some reason my download speed is cut off at MB s I have a mbit line and am normally able to get nearly MB s Installed W last week and not sure if it was like this from the start but I'm not able to get past MB in any program whether it's IE FF Newsleecher anything It races up to the mb in no time at all and then gets stuck around there close enough for it to really look like a limiter On my other computers I get max speed without problems Tried different ports different cables everything but no way I get higher Don't have any programs installed that do anything with network Any ideas why this might be Copying to another computer goes at expected speeds for local network QOS is turned off not configured Have Intel EB ports for which there doesn't seem to be any W driver yet on the Intel site

A:Download speed cut off at 1MB/s

If your line is 15Mbps, then getting 1MBps (8Mbps) is about normal. Your line is probably rated at 15Mbps max, not sustained. But if it's cutting off EXACTLY at 1MBps, that would sound like some kind of setting is wrong. Also make sure your switch or ethernet isn't 10Mbit (or set on 10Mbit), because that could max you out at around 1.3MBps

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/13323-download-speed-cut-off-1mb-s.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hello there,

I am aware that lately my download speed has decreased about 1/2 of what it used to be...I have a 2MB/s connection from Tiscali and do not really know what should be the accurate download speed for downloading files. It used to come somewhere between 25-35kb/s, but lately all I get is 12 - 19kb/s. I have tried all these TCP Optimizers and so, but I do not really understand them so much, so do not know if I did not set anything wrongly. Is there anyone out there who could help me with this....????

Thanks, any help apreciated...

Monika

A:Download Speed?

What type of connection do you have? Cable,DSL,Satellite,WiFi----?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/54077/download-speed/
Relevancy 46.87%

I AM USING WINDOWS XP HOME. AND HAVE BELLSOUTH INTERNET SERVICE.AM ALSO USINGSPEDDCONNECT XP.ANY WAY IVE GOTTEN MY SPEED UP TO 272 KPBSAND MY DOWNLOAD UP TO 79KBPS,WHICH COMES OUT TO9.9 KBSDOWNLOAD AND35 KPS UPLOAD.IVE CHECK MY RESULTS ON DIFFRENT SPEED SIGHTS SPEAKEASY.SPEEDNET ANDA FEW OTHERS.AND GET THE SAME READINGS.SO HERE IS MY QUESTION.THE BEST I CAN GET ON DOWNLOADS IS 4.0.AND IVE USED ALL THREE BROWSERS. SO WHY IS THERE THAT BIG OF A DIFFRENTS BETWENN THE TEST AND MY ACTUAL DOWNLOAD'.Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123740/download-speed/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello TSG, can you offer suggestions on a not so good download speed I am gerring off my DSL. Using Win2K. I am getting under 1 MB/sec. Varies of course from where download comes from. Should be getting at least 1.5. Setup is DSL connected to a wired Linksys router. From router back to the enet connection on computer. I've tried resetting the Rwin, MTU but doesn't seem to help much. Also, rebooting the DSL and Linksys. Am I doing something wrong? Also, cat 5 cable been replaced recently. Thank you for any words of wisdom. By the way, I am using the Linksys because I am using VOIP and am running a second computer in another part of the house.

sidbub

Relevancy 46.87%

The last couple of days my download speed has dropped from 150kbs to 20kbs.I have cable broadband.Also if I do more than 1 download at a time,it takes forever for a web page to open.Sometimes it will lock up and I have to logoff completely and reboot.Just started having this problem.I ran my adaware,spybot and norton AV.How do I determine if it is my ISP or my computer?

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Folks,
My desktop & laptop pc's were clean installed using Windows7 32bit Home Premium upgrade discs, and both are set the same with nearly all programs on both.
-
I am not getting a good download speed on my wired desktop pc. I have flushed the DNS Cache & Firefox Cache & rebooted my Netgear DGN2000 router. CCleaner has also been used.
-
If I use Utorrent on my desktop, the d/l speed is ok. If downloading from a web page, it is helluva slow. My laptop is not slow & does not have Utorrent installed.

It could just be that the source you are downloading from is just slower, or possibly replace your Ethernet cable...sounds simple but I had that once and it fixed it for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/284396-download-speed.html
Relevancy 46.87%

i am looking to see why a pc (1) It's download speed is about 1.2 gb .It has a asrock ALiveNF6P-VSTA board and a 2.5 processor on board lan .
I connect my own pc(2) to same router using same speedtester I get 3.5-- 4gb . I have run this test 10 times together and separate by 1 minute . at different times of day
I have tried updating drivers tried another lan pci card same result What can I do now ?

Relevancy 46.01%

Recently, i have been having very slow download speeds(somewhere between 100 kbs and 600 kbs). I have Internet through fiber and i should be having 10 mb+ at downloading stuff. I ran some speed tests from my city, Bucharest(romania) on speedtest.net and i get around 1mbs bandwidth(that's below 150 kbs download speed) and around 40-60 mbs bandwidth at upload(5-7 mbs actual upload speed). My current download speed applies both to using torrents, download managers or anything else. Also, i am having slow online video streaming(Youtube, bet365 etc...). I have ran some virus scans with NOD, Spybot S&D, Malware Bytes and Super AntiSpyware. I have also cleaned up my registries with CCleaner and also create a new profile for my Firefox(it's completely fresh). I will attach a HiJackThis logfile to tell me whether i have a virus or not. PS: This slow speed also affects my online gaming experience a lot...

Relevancy 46.01%

Lately my download speeds on my computer have been going sooo slow! im getting around 50 - 300 kbps in utorrent when I normally should be getting at least 10 megabytes per second. My ISP is comcast My router is D-Link DIR 825 and my modem is Arris tm502g. I Have tried hooking it up directly to the modem and the problem continues. i have reset the modem and router. I have 3 wireless computers and one other wired. and all of them are expirencing the slow internet

any ideas

Thanks Dan

Relevancy 46.01%

I've run download test and they are coming back anywhere between 180 and 200Kbps, however when I actually download something it is downloading much, much, much slower. As an example I just tried to download Adobe version 9 and it dowloading in the 23 to 25 kbps range. Anyone have any idea why my system is testing at a much higher rate than the actual download speed?

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, I was just wondering if there is by chance a way to speed up a DSL connection?

Im running 256 DSL modem atm, and download at about 19-25 Kb/sec. I see sometimes programs that say they can speed downloads up by crazy numbers, but i never bothered to use them since im fairly certain they are bogus.

Well i just wanted to know if anyone knows of a actually way to speed it up manually, or if there are actually some programs that can speed it up. Im running Download accelerator atm, and it doesn't seem to speed anything up at all, although Its handy for other things. currently 19-25 kb/sec seems to be all i can do.
thanks.

A:Possible to speed up DSL download speeds?

The ratings for Download Express looks promising.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-speed-up-dsl-download-speeds.157799/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi.I have to following problem.My DL speed was 3.2mb but now is 0.700kb.I called my ISP but they say there is no problem from theire side.I check for viruses,troan horses and malware with atlest 3 different programs,tryed all kind of network options and no result.I saw i other forum people with the same problem but they didnt has solutions.I have one red cross on my internet conection but i have net.Here`s a screen shot to see.Pls help iam desperate

A:Download speed suddenly LOW

Hi Seifoto and welcome to Vista Forums

Exactly how do you connect to the Internet? Do you have a router, and, if so, can any other machines connected to it access the Internet without any problems?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/220380-download-speed-suddenly-low.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello all!
I've contacted my ISP about this and there speed tests came back 631kb/s down and 172kb/s up, However it doesnt matter what server or where the server is when i download ANYTHING. i get from 8b/s [Yes eight bytes per second not kilobytes] to 4.5kb/s and nothing faster.

Why is this? its driving me insane. i have a 7.5mbit connection and when i first got this current computer i would download at 500 - 750kb/s, I've jumped up at down yelling at my ISP about this, but all theyre tests came back showing theres nothing wrong with my line. Or my connection.

Can anyone help? Im trying to download the Stranglehold demo. which is 2gb. and its been downloading for 8 days at 24b/s and its only done 1.4%!!!!

All help much appreciated.

A:Download Speed woes

DSLReports

Here's also the Line Quality Tests FAQ to help you understand the results. This will answer some questions about the line quality display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-woes.881547/
Relevancy 46.01%

Windows Vista. Mr speed is 2MB my download speed is around the 7KB/s mark
what is wrong . A speed test says packet loss. help [please. My server says it must be computor, but it is only 3 months old . I have cleared it and gone back to factory settings but still the same

A:Slow download speed

Register at DSLReports and run their line quality tests. Post a link to the results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-download-speed.604987/
Relevancy 46.01%

i've got a problem with my internet connection speed. I have a 3meg connection with my cable modem but lately the fastest i can download anything is about 40 kbs. I know it's not the fastest it can go because i used to be able to download songs at speed of like 200 kbs. if anyone can help let me know

A:download speed is slowing down

Go here and check your download speed.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/internet/default.asp

Let us know what the results are.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/download-speed-is-slowing-down-87005.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I ve had an annoying problem for the past few days I m using DSL and my downlaod speed doesnt get over kb s for the past few days and that s in not peak hours I ve called my ISP they came and ran tests and get to kb s with their own machines so it must be something from my own computer I ve ran my antivirus as well as Ad-aware and Spybot S amp D and none of them detects anything Here s my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system Slow speed Download lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Slow Download speed System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA F-SECU backweb Program SERVIC EXE C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Anti-Virus fsgk st exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Anti-Virus FSGK EXE Slow Download speed C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security backweb program fsbwsys exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security backweb Program fspex exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Common FSMA EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Anti-Virus fssm exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Common FSMB EXE C Program Files Fichiers communs LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Common FCH EXE C Program Files Fichiers communs InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsty exe C WINDOWS SMINST Scheduler exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsvc exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Common FSM EXE C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Common FAMEH EXE C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Anti-Virus fsqh exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Anti-Virus fsrw exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security FSPC fspc exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security FSGUI ispnews exe C Program Files Belgacom bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security FWES Program fsdfwd exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Anti-Virus fsav exe C PROGRA F-SECU ANTI-S fsaw exe C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security FSGUI fsguidll exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Administrateur Bureau HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google be R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hp com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Liens O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run DLA C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA FICHIE INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Fichiers communs InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run PDF Complete quot C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsty exe quot O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS Sminst Recguard exe O - HKLM Run Reminder C WINDOWS Creator Remind XP exe O - HKLM Run Scheduler C WINDOWS SMINST Scheduler exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run SW C WINDOWS system sw exe O - HKLM Run SW C WINDOWS system sw exe O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run F-Secure Manager quot C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security Common FSM EXE quot splash O - HKLM Run F-Secure TNB quot C Program Files F-Secure Internet Security TNB TNBUtil exe... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-download-speed.584097/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,
I'm trying to solve an issue with an HP i7 laptop running Windows 8. Broadband speed test is d/l approx 3Mb/s u/l approx 7Mb/s yet other laptops on the network are getting d/ls in excess of 30Mb/s.

I tried disabling the wireless card in device manager and installing a USB adapter but it gets similar speeds, also tried it on a different network but just same.

Can anyone help me further please?

A:[SOLVED] Very low wi-fi download speed

Please Download and run this Xirrus WiFi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here. For Vista and Windows 7, 8 you can use the Windows Snipping Tool

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-very-low-wi-fi-download-speed-965313.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there
I'm having serious problems with downloading files of the net. I just got a new internet connection with 8Mbps download speed but when I try to download something of the net the download speed drops to as low as 200Kbps and a file that took me about 3 min to download before is taking me over an hour now. I tested the internet connection and there is nothing wrong with it. My operating system is Microsoft Vista. Please help.
Zibby

A:Very slow download speed

Have you tried downloading a large file at some other sites to see if the download speed improves?

The site you were at may have been experiencing heavy traffic or a problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-download-speed.984035/
Relevancy 46.01%

When I conduct a speed test (tried multiple sites,) it shows my download speed as 0kbps, then gives an accurate upload speed. This used to only happen on my laptop (connected wirelessly) but now it's happening on my desktop too (wired.) Also, some images won't load right in the browser (using Firefox.) This also used to only happen on the laptop, but ever since I've been having the 0kbps problem on the desktop, it's happening there too. It seems to mostly affect images for buttons, menus, etc using CSS.

The router is a Buffalo Airstation WHR-G54S

I'm on broadband, rated 10Mbps down, 1024kbps up.

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I am just wondering why I get such slow download speeds when my internet is very good. I average around 300kb/sec but it fluctuates so much from under 100kb/sec- over 1mb/sec. Ive only seen it go as high as 1.4mb/sec correct me if im wrong but i do believe i should still get a higher download speed? below is a link to my speedtest .net....... 48mbits /sec download speed, 2.89 up speed, 18 ping

speedtest.net/result/ 1589552537.png

A:My download speed problems

Could be your provider. With whom or what service are you connected?
Also, it could be right there on your system. As you know, the actual usable speed is limited by the slowest component... software, memory, motherboard, etc.
Can you try it at a friend or other known connection that you know to be fast, as a first step?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-download-speed-problems.174881/
Relevancy 46.01%

does anybody know what would be considered a good download speed for a torrent file, over a DSL connection ??

A:torrent download speed

We do not offer assistance with torrents so I'm closing this thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/torrent-download-speed.553137/
Relevancy 46.01%

Before I was having problems with my upload speeds... Then those just randomly fixed themselves and I could use my internet fine...

But now my internet is having problems again. It was running slow, So I took a speed test:

594 KBPS Download
539 KBPS Upload

My upload speed is relatively where it should be, But my Download speed is extremely slow, as you can see. It is supposed to be like 4-5000... So I am running at about 1/10 the speed I should be at right now...

Any Suggestions?

Thanks for any help!
-Big Al760

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi All,

Trying everything I could from preventing windows 7 to freeze (and in the end it was upping the voltage on my i7 920 to 1.3 Volt that did the trick ) I now suddenly have my download speed dropping when uploading at the same time.

This never was the case before and my 1mbit upload and 8mbit download always worked together like a charm.

Only thing I did was disabling the IP Helper service once, but that services is up and running again from a couple of reboots ago..

Anyone have any ideas on what I should check to get my upload and download working at the same time again?

Thanks for your time!

A:Download speed goes down when uploading?

Try running your upload / download application in safe mode with networking and see if that solves the issue - if it does some driver or security application may be tampering with your connection.

You could also try to update your upload / download application - if you are using an application - if you are uploading to FTP or HTTP it may be AV / FW or Driver related.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/24123-download-speed-goes-down-when-uploading.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I am having some problems with my download rate. I'm getting about a 35kb/s dl rate, which is atrocious. I am on a wireless connection, but previously I was downloading things no problem (game demos, etc.) I tried downloading the new BF2 patch (about 250kb i believe) and got something like 3 hours of dl time. I'm not sure what the problem is, because when i first got the computer (in August) it was downloading off the wireless connection perfectly. I have High speed DSL internet by the way. Thanks in advance.

A:Slow Download Speed

Try downloading TCP/IP Optimizer, it's free and can mutiply your download rates at more than 2 times what it used to in some cases. Just search it in google or yahoo. Also make sure your getting a good signal on your wireless connection, as this may help some speeds.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-download-speed-79766.html
Relevancy 46.01%

ive got a bellsouth fast access dsl connection but im getting dial up-like download speeds. i did this speed test somewhere online and it says that it is 95% slower than average dsl speed. something like 22 kbps. it takes so long to download anything. any help would be appreciated.

A:DSL download speed sucks

The following was obviously written for a router, but it works if you just have PC connected directly to your DSL modem. I don't know offhand how you set the MTU (if it needs to be changed) in the case of just PC and modem. Most times, I think, the MTU should be 1500 or 1492.

On your router there should be an option for mtu. use this formula.

To find the proper MTU Size, you'll have to do a special ping of the
destination you're trying to go to. A destination could be another
computer, or a URL.

1. Click on the Start button, then select the Run option.

2. In the "Open" field type in command (If you're using Windows
2K/NT/XP use CMD instead)

3. Once the window opens, you'll need to do a special ping. It
should be formatted:

ping [-f] [-l] [MTU value] [Enter] an e... MTU settings on the router. Or on the modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-download-speed-sucks.475606/
Relevancy 46.01%

Can anyone who knows, tell me why most of the time a large item ( such as a video) will download at speeds of 30kb/s to 300kb/s with the speed going back and forth.....slowly creeping up to 300 and slowly moving down to 30.
I would LOVE to hear an explanation to this.
Thanks very much in advance for any info.

A:Question about download speed.

generally speaking, your download speed relies upon the speed and how busy the server is you downloading it from, and how much traffic there is between you and them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/question-about-download-speed-509865.html
Relevancy 46.01%

At this house I'm currently in the download progress will fluctuate between 1.2 MB/s and much, much lower. At times it'll stall at O KB/s for a while then continue. Is this a wifi problem a Comcast problem something else?

Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/304702-uneven-download-speed.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm using a 2Wire Router.

It says my download speed is 2MBPS. However when I download things such as CDs or Movies. My speed usually tops out at 120kbps. Is there a cap or something in Windows 7? or am I just really lost.

A:Download Speed in Windows 7

Open msconfig/startup ... disable everything but your antivirus, reboot and recheck your speed... if your speed increases, then you know that your problem is with a startup program.. begin to add only the necessary programs one by one until/if you find the offending entry... Let us know how it goes...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/106349-download-speed-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

i do a speed check and it says i can get 1.5mbps download speed but when i do download something i only get 195kbps - 24kbps any help on this matter as to why would be a big help

Thanks Aaron

Relevancy 46.01%

I am running XP Home with highspeed lite connected through local cable provider. I have tried downloading movies to watch, it takes approximately 8 hours to stream a 2 hour movie. That's just to watch, I'd hate to have to download one to burn. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on how to speed this up? Is there some kind of software that I can install to make things go faster?

A:slow download speed

Welcome to BC Forums!
we need more info on your machines hardware.
can you supply us with that? Then maybe we can assist you better.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288856/slow-download-speed/
Relevancy 46.01%

I don't know what exactly is happened but this I have noticed has been happening for a few weeks now since December. It's happened at my old location. And it's happening at my new location. When I download from anywhere I get a good speed. Then it goes up and down. And in some cases my wireless connection gets lost and I have to reconnect. It's so frustrating.

I have a Ubee U10C018 modem hooked up to a Cisco-Linksys WRT110 RangePlus Wireless Router. My ISP is Road Runner/Time Warner Cable.

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all,

I am having incredibly slow downloading speed. 

I have updated XP. Unpluged n plugged in Modem. Reduced running applications. Ran Malwarebtyes...Symantec...and SUPERantispyware.

and still no dice.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

A:Poor Download Speed

What do you get with this speed test?  http://www.cnet.com/internet-speed-test/#ftag=MKT0d12852?ftag=CAD9f89b0c .

Do you use a router?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543344/poor-download-speed/
Relevancy 46.01%

hi,

I recently downloaded a file using hotfile.com , and it seems to have adjusted my download speed... I thought this problem would be fixed automatically after the download finished, but now downloading has become super slow , from 100 bytes per second, to about 25... Is it possible to restore the original download speed once again, if so how?

thank you

Relevancy 46.01%

hello, i have a windows 7 with netzero dial up 3G and my download speed is aprox. 4kb a sec. i really want to make my download speed faster. canu guys please help.

Relevancy 46.01%

hi im a compete novice on computers my son is always downloading which makes the other pcs in the house very slow been told to turn his download speed down on his pc how is it done please bare in mind i no note about them thanks

A:how to decrease download speed

Hi. It depends on how he is downloading and what.

If he is downloading using torrents, then in the client will be settings to adjust upload and download speeds. If he is sending data as fast as your connections allows (uploading), that is most likely to inhibit speeds on other pcs. To download, upload packets are also used. If you can't send upload packets, you can't download.

If he is downloading from a web browser from normal websites, then you'd need something like Getright installed to take care of the downloads. It "grabs" the downloads instead of letting the browser download. In Getright, you can adjust total download speed.

If you need any more info, please let us know.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-decrease-download-speed-482847.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey everyone

Uhm.. I really think my internet provider is limiting my download speed D: ... I never.. Ever... Download faster than 160kb/s ... Sometimes, when the place is really close, It will start at about 1mb/s !! ... But than slowly.. It will go back to 160kb/s and just sit there, and keep downloading at 160kb/s ...

My internet provider is Telus, I am pretty sure I have a 1.5MB/S Connection, or more. So if anyone could help me It would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks everyone