Windows Support Forum

[SOLVED] Issues after Installing new Windows 7 on two computers.

Q: [SOLVED] Issues after Installing new Windows 7 on two computers.

Hi Installing after [SOLVED] Issues two 7 new Windows computers. on I'm having a load of trouble and I need some help Let me explain the problem Alright I have two computers An Alienware Mx Laptop and an HP Pavilion Desktop I decided I wanted to wipe them clean and start new So I got my USB that I received from Dell that has Windows loaded on it Popped it in the desktop and Installed a new Windows on it I went into quot Computer quot and deleted quot Windows old quot which contains all files present before the installation Then I did [SOLVED] Issues after Installing new Windows 7 on two computers. the same exact thing to my Alienware Laptop except instead of using the USB I use the recovery disc that came with the computer Then I [SOLVED] Issues after Installing new Windows 7 on two computers. deleted quot Windows old quot on that one too Everything was fine besides that my Desktop now thinks its an Alienware computer The USB was Windows Alienware or something I dont know if thats important The problems i did realise were that neither computer could connect to the internet The desktop could with an ethernet cord but the laptop couldnt at all wireless or not I also noticed that on both machines there was absolutely NOTHING in Programs in the Control Panel If I were to uninstall a program theres nothing there Usually I connect my Laptop to a larger display using an hdmi cord now it wont work My Alienware no longer has AlienFusion AlienRespawn and all the other Alienware programs that I believe are quite important What can i do Update I just realized there are many items in quot Device Manager quot that have a yellow warning sign Under Sound video and game controllers it shows duplicates of quot High Definition Audio Device quot and one of them has a yellow warning sign under its properties it says quot The device cannot start Code quot Under Display Adapters it shows duplicates of quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot and It is also saying quot The device cannot start Code quot And lastly under Other Devices everything a few duplicates is having the yellow sign and it says quot The drivers for this device are not installed Code To find a driver for this device click update driver quot There are two quot unknown devices quot that say this as well Thanks for taking the time to read I greatly appreciate your help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: [SOLVED] Issues after Installing new Windows 7 on two computers.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: [SOLVED] Issues after Installing new Windows 7 on two computers.

You cannot use an usb that had windows 7 loaded on it to install on the hp. it will be preactivated and have the dell logo, it will be an oem addition of windows and it won’t match your hardware on your hp, your wireless will not work until you download all your correct drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-issues-after-installing-new-windows-7-on-two-computers-662791.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I can't right click in the start menu. and My outlook express will not look for email when i hit the send and recieve button.
please help.

Thanks.

Relevancy 58.91%

(After doing much research) I have an older PC with XP SP3 that I want to upgrade to windows 7. First I want to clone the hard drive to an external drive then install the 7 on the computer (yes I have enough free space on the hard drive). From what I have read I will lose my documents and other files and programs I have installed. What I am worried about is the drivers. Are they left alone? Replaced? If 7 does not have an appropriate driver (like to the FAX modem) will the old one be retained? If not will my PC recognize any driverless hardware and try to find drivers via "plug and Play"? Can I import the missing driver from the clone? Thanks.

Relevancy 58.48%

Ok I don Major issues XP with Windows Pro Solved: computer. on installing new t know if anyone can help me on this one or not it s going to be Solved: Major issues with installing Windows XP Pro on new computer. difficult perhaps considering the limited information I can give I recently put together a new computer for my girlfriend but didn t have the time to stay during the entire Windows installation Apparently while XP was installing my girlfriend had gone out her mother attempted to follow the prompts eek during this she mis-typed the serial key and didn t know what to do according to her the installation froze She couldn t tab to get back and it didn t recognize the mouse She restarted the computer and apparently was able to get windows to install My girlfriend called me later to tell me that quot the screen is all wrong the colors don t look right quot Upon asking her what the problem was she replied quot the screen quot Describe it to me quot it s the monitor quot No what s wrong with it quot THE SCREEN DOESN quot T LOOK RIGHT quot Heh You can see what i m dealing with I had her go into desktop settings to crank the resolution up to at least x and high colors after she hits apply nothing happens I told her to install the drivers for the graphics card She s tried twice each time it goes through the driver installation and tells her to restart Upon restarting it goes to the Windows loading screen and then as best I can tell from what she s telling me the monitor looses signal from the PC Screen goes black monitor light goes from green to orange Computer is still on it doesn t restart She can only get back in via safe mode I m no technical genius but I m not computer illiterate either I built my own rig done some tech work at my old job etc but I m stumped Without being able to actually get over to her place to look at it myself until tomorrow the best I can guess is that either the graphics card a GeForce GT is bad or they FUBAR d the Windows installation I don t necessarily see the card as being bad seeing as when I started the installation everything looked fine if the card was simply bad wouldn t she NOT get any kind of picture As I said I dunno if anyone can give me any advice based off the limited info I can give I m just trying to see if I can find out anything to help her get it working herself If I can t get her up and running before about today when she has to leave for work it should be a moot point as I can go out there myself tomorrow to look at it BTW in case it s necessary here s her components that I picked out and put together for her Pentium D ASUS P NSLI LGA NVIDIA nForce SLI Intel Edition ATX Intel Motherboard EVGA -P -N -TX GeForce GT MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x Video Card Hard drive is a GB Western Digital she s got a gig of Corsair RAM etc I figure the only thing that matters in this situation is perhaps the card really but then I don t know for sure obviously Any ideas anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Major issues with installing Windows XP Pro on new computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-major-issues-with-installing-windows-xp-pro-on-new-computer.577802/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, I recently clean upgraded my Xp to Windows 7. I did a clean sintall and am slowly installing everything from scratch.

When I downloaded AVG free, it wouldn't configure the files, it just stalled.

I went with Avira, who have never failed me in the past and it installed and downloaded files without any hassles, lucky.

Since then I've downloaded the latest patch for my evga gtx 285 and the driver just stall when it says "installing files". I downloaded the 64bit patch.

The same thing has happened when I downloaded iTunes 64bit. The thing just stalls when it looks as though ti's completing installation.

Any ideas? Thanks

HF.

A:Solved: Issues installing programs/drivers with Windows 7 64bit

Anyone of these failed installed my have messed things up, that NOTHING is going to get installed.

Have you tried cleaning up the failed installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-issues-installing-programs-drivers-with-windows-7-64bit.898542/
Relevancy 56.76%

My Dad purchased a one-licence version of MS Office 2003, however can you install it on more than one computer? And if you can, do any problems arise? Thanks

Relevancy 56.76%

I'm learning about how to install Windows 7 to many computers. But after I read the tutorial, it has to use Windows AIK to do the process, which has a huge installer size (1,7 GB), not suitable for my slow Internet connection to download it.

Is there another way / alternative to install Windows to many computers (let's say 10-15 computers) at once, instead of using WAIK?

if there any tutorial, please give me the link.

thanks.

A:Installing Windows 7 to many computers.

Ghost Solutions Suite can be used to send out images.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/162450-installing-windows-7-many-computers.html
Relevancy 56.76%

i just purchased WINDOWS XP

with 2 computers ,both win98se,can i install the one XP on both of them?

if not because of some control. Once i install the XP on one computer,can i uninstall it and install it on another computer?

thanks and hope my question is not too vague

Relevancy 55.9%

I ve been having this Solved: (2 Issues Networking Computers) headache for awhile now I have an IBM Thinkpad Laptop and a Desktop PC see specs below and both are running WinXP SP I ve been trying to setup a network between Solved: Networking Issues (2 Computers) the two computers for sometime now and have had no real success I have been able to play certain lan games if it Solved: Networking Issues (2 Computers) has a direct connect option but only if the Desktop is the host and the laptop is the one connecting The other issue is in the network connections folder on the Desktop PC everything is fine as far as the connection goes on the Solved: Networking Issues (2 Computers) laptop however the icon for the Lan connection has an exclamation sign next to it and says something to the extent of quot waring this connection has either limited or no connection status quot and if I try and repair the connection it just sits there for awhile thinking and then another error message pops up saying quot Repair failed IP address not available quot But I know that the connection is fine because I have been able to play a few games by hosting on the desktop PC and on the Desktop in the network connections folder it shows a steady flow between data packets sent and received on the laptop however only data packets are being sent not received Now I am using one of those Ethernet Crossover things but it was store bought not home-made and I ve had my friend test it on his two computers and it works fine also if I can fix this problem I d love to be able to transfer files to and from both computers via the lan connection however besides spending money on software I have been unable to figure out how to do this I ve tried the WinXp File and Settings Transfer program but have never had any luck with that I m at work right now but when I get home I ll edit the thread with screenshots of everything I m talking about for those who need a bit better illustration then the one I ve giving Also the only thing I can think that I might need to do is to manually create an IP address subnet mask etc if that is the case how in the heck would I do that Thanks Networking Devices Gigabit LAN with nVIDIA Gigabit Ethernet for Desktop and Gigabeth Ethernet on Laptop connected using RJ Crossover Cable bought at Bestbuy Geeksquad brand Laptop Specs IBM Thinkpad T- Enhanced Model Intel Pentium M GHz Processor mb DDR SDRAM GB Hardrive CD-RW DVD-ROM Combo Drive quot TFT Screen ATI Mobility Radeon mb g Wireless Lan and Gigabit Ethernet Port Integrated bluetooth k Fax Modem WinXP SP Alex Machine Specs AMD Anthlon bit Processor- AMD Heatsink and Fan Watt Power mb Kingston Memory WD G SATA Hard Drive LANPARTY UT n GB Motherboard ATI PRO mb AGPx Graphics Card BIOS-Original With Board WinXP SP Onboard Sound nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

But I don't want to stray to illegal matters in doing so.

Is there any legal way I can install Windows 7(Professional or Ultimate) onto 5 or more computers, without spending like $1000-$1500?

$_$

A:Planning on installing Windows 7 on ALOT of computers.

You could go through MSDN or TechNet, but the license is restrictive as to what you can do with copies of Windows provided to you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/17586-planning-installing-windows-7-alot-computers.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When I go to install windows 8 a box says everything is compatible but update a program and

ITunes authorise accounts again

What does this mean.

Please help me. Thanks

Chris

A:iTunes deautherise computers when installing windows 8

Not /exactly/ sure but it may just be warning you that if you install and reactivate iTunes on Windows 8 you will burn one of your 5 (or whatever it is) limited installs for your account. So I wouldn't install iTunes on a test machine unless you can de-authorise it later (I.e. like Photoshop).

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/7120-itunes-deautherise-computers-when-installing-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey there. I'm trying to install xp on a new machine that i just built, but its going abnormally slow. its been 2 hours and its only at 39%. I don't think i've ever had an install go this slow. Its a decent machine, i dont think its with the hardware. E8400 3ghz 6mb cache, 4gb ddr2 800mhz ram, 500gb sata hdd. Any suggestions would be helpfull.

A:[SOLVED] Installing issues

Hi mate,
Where it is hanging 39%? When you made partitions and Windows started to copy files on HDD???
Or you might thought when Windows has copied setup files and after first reboot, when Windows started to install and it hangs on 39min???
Check all things inside the case once again, make sure you have all things connected properly...
You have 4GB [2x2GB right]?
Take out one and try to install Windows or test it before you start to install Windows again...
Test it with Memtest, you can download it here: http://www.memtest.org/
Hope this will help you mate...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-installing-issues-263890.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have Vista 64-bit Home, and I'm trying to install the Crysis Sandbox Editor, but every time I do I get this error message:

Now, I can't exactly set the program with admin privileges, because it's an EXE, but I am logged in as an admin and this is still happening, any help?

Also, does anyone know if there's anything to installing the sandbox beyond just extracting the executable from the CD to the Desktop and running it? Maybe that's the problem.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all I personally think this is a hardware issue of some description but I thought it would be best to start here I have installing Issues SP3 [SOLVED] and other software a Dell Dimension PC that I have installed Windows XP Professional [SOLVED] Issues installing SP3 and other software N SP on I am trying to install Service Pack from a network install Every time I try it says that it cannot locate a file or that the package is corrupt I have tried [SOLVED] Issues installing SP3 and other software to install a download from the Internet and I have also tried installing over the network from my server which definitely has a non-corrupted file I have also tried copying the file from the server to my pen drive to install and I get similar problems I know the hard drive is fine as it has come from a fully working machine Is there some other hardware issue that could be causing this such as the memory or an issue with the bus on the motherboard I am quite certain that it is not software related [SOLVED] Issues installing SP3 and other software but in case I am wrong that is why I am here Windows XP has been installed with no problems Although the first few attempts were giving me file-reading errors too This install i e the current install of Windows XP managed to go on without fail with no errors from formatting the drive to entering Windows XP If you require anymore information please ask Many thanks for your help in advance

A:[SOLVED] Issues installing SP3 and other software

Hi did you get sp3 from here How to download Windows XP SP3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-issues-installing-sp3-and-other-software-683550.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi

I'm trying to install Server 2003 onto one SATA HDDwhich is in a mirrored raid but I cant because windows cannot find any drives.

If I dont configure these two drives as mirrored and leave them as a non-raid drives, I press F6 to install a third party scsi etc and install the raid controller drivers, windows detects these drives and continues to install fine. However, if i configure these drives into a mirrored raid, and press F6 to install a third party scsi etc, then install the raid controller drivers, windows just informs me that no hdd are present.

can someone indicate what the procedure is (eg. must install this first, then do this and then this) to get windows to install on a mirrored raid. Any help would be great.

Regards
Steve

A:Solved: Issues installing Operating System

Hi,

If you're wondering what solved it, I used the latest version of Intel Application Accelerator.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-issues-installing-operating-system.304487/
Relevancy 49.45%

Yesterday, I was attempting to install the program to run my Verizon internet air card. At the end of the installation process, the program froze. So, I closed the program and attempted to reinstall it. However, when I try to do so, it says "The file \menu.ini could not be opened."
I went into the control panel options to try to delete the existing corrupted file. However, when I try to do so it says "Could not open INSTALL.LOG" file.
I then tried to delete the program using EasyCleaner 2.0. However, it prompts me saying it was unable to write the delete code.
How do I go about removing the old program or enabling myself to install the program correctly?

A:Solved: Issues Installing/Deleting a Program

Try Revo Uninstaller to uninstall the old program, then try installing again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-issues-installing-deleting-a-program.879491/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a built computer with one hard drive that seems pretty much done for with an extra internal hard drive that s never been touched Instead of trying to repair the other one I m now trying to install Windows on the other internal hard drive It s fine until it asks me to select a driver Then I run into this error message quot No signed device drivers were found Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click OK quot I looked it up and some other forum responses were to hook the HDD Windows 7... Issues installing up to another computer that already has Windows installed then format it from there The problem is that my laptop which already has Windows isn t recognizing the disk at all either I left the internal hard drive in the desktop with the power Issues installing Windows 7... supply hooked up and the desktop turned on and used a SATA eSATA cable to hook it up to the Issues installing Windows 7... laptop I m at my wit s end My tech support who built Issues installing Windows 7... the computer in the first place is my ex-boyfriend He prefers to just take the computer for an unknown amount of time but I d really like to try and avoid that Can you please help Thank you P S - I obviously cannot download and run the recommended program above as I have no operating system gt lt nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

So I just built my new computer. All is well until I try to install Windows. When I get the blue screen which installs all of the necessary drivers and whatnot to start the Windows installation it just hangs at the "Setup is starting Windows" message on the bottom of the screen. This is just before where you choose where to install Windows, create partitions and all of that fun stuff.

Any help getting Windows to install would be great, so far I'm stumped.

Relevancy 49.45%

Ok to issues Windows Re fix Need installing 7 help. so my computer is having a lot Need help. Re installing Windows 7 to fix issues of issues lately I believe it is because of Need help. Re installing Windows 7 to fix issues some Need help. Re installing Windows 7 to fix issues registry issues that cleaners have caused I cant install many driver gpu drivers some games etc I built this computer its very fast i use it for gaming and school work Now heres what i want to do I have hard drives One is a western digital gb blue drive i bought when i first built the computer I filled up the driver messed everything up some how and bought a western digital tb and reinstalled windows on that What i would like to do is completely start over I want to wipe both drives and install windows on my gb drive and make that strictly for windows And then i want to run all my programs games and other things on my tb drive Is this possible I have my install disk Just want to do things right this time One more thing last time i reinstall was many because my old mother board died and i replaced it and when i did windows wasnt genuine so i called windows hoping they would give me a new product key i have the old one but it didnt work and i couldnt understand the two people i called and talked to any way i can get it registered without buying a new copy just for the cd key

A:Need help. Re installing Windows 7 to fix issues

Wait, slowly now . First of all you need to type properly if you want people to help you... Fix up your grammar. Now, from what I understand, you want to format your computer clean and install Windows 7 on the 320GB HDD right? Are both your HDD's internal? And did you buy Windows 7 from retail?

Slasher

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/189618-need-help-re-installing-windows-7-fix-issues.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently purchased a Linksys router which requires Windows Service Pack 3 for installation. I installed the update on Windows Update and it shows it as sucessful, however I have restarted my computer several times and is still running on SP2 when I check "My Computer - Properties", and the router set-up CD is still saying I need to upgrade to SP3. Why is it not working? I have searchd everywhere on the computer to see if maybe the files need to be Run, but I cannot find them. I am totally at a loss to figure out how to complete the update and continue installing my router. Please help!
Thank you,
llpearson

A:Issues installing Windows SP3

Download the full SP3 install file from here:
Download: Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

Before you start the install, temporarily disable your anti-virus.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/issues-installing-windows-sp3-636487.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I have bought a new TB sata hdd to use as my main hdd and keep my old hdd as a storage hdd Currently I have SATA The old Sata as C Old Win installation here and boots from Installing Win7 hard Issues a with drive on [SOLVED] new this SATA The new Sata as D New Win installation bios won't show this as bootable SATA DVD drive If I switch them around and stick my new hdd to SATA then it doesn't boot even though it has Win installed If it's on SATA and the old one is back on SATA then it boots with windows options Second issue is that I want my new D drive to be C and vice versa I am a bit concerned about doing it through Disk management as I don't want to risk losing both OS's unless I can boot up my Win setup through external hdd as mentioned below Third issue is my Win is a digitally bought version which is in my External hard drive in a folder And I am not sure If I can just boot with that and format my c and d to be able to rearrange the volume and boots etc How can I set my new secondary SATA drive as my main C drive and let the computer boot from it As far [SOLVED] Issues with Installing Win7 on a new hard drive as I know SATA's jumper settings are for something else than declaring master slave

A:[SOLVED] Issues with Installing Win7 on a new hard drive

Hi -

Both drives have Windows 7 installed on them?

I would remove the old HDD, connect the new 1 TB HDD as SATA1, wipe it will KillDisk, then install Windows 7 onto it.

KillDisk - http://jcgriff2.com/killdisk_imgburn.html

You'll need to activate and validate the OS. Activation problems may occur as the keycode is currently used for Windows 7 on the old HDD.

Contact Microsoft and explain new HDD purchase - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950929

Then connect the 2nd HDD, transfer over the user profile folder files, e.g., Docs, Pics, Music, etc... then format the 2nd HDD.

Info on the digital copy of Windows 7 you purchased from the Microsoft Store -

http://store.microsoft.com/help/iso-tool
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/m.../dd535816.aspx
http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-in...working-guide/

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-issues-with-installing-win7-on-a-new-hard-drive-521959.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I damaged the original drive on my Toshiba Satellite So I bought a new Toshiba HHD for it Originally when I first mounted the drive I got an Issues 7Pro Windows Installing error saying the drive was not formatted NTFS so it would not install the OS So I put the drive in my other laptop and formatted it yes - NTFS Now I put the freshly formatted drive into the laptop I want it to run on I install the windows and all goes good until I am personalizing the computer section when I noticed it didn t ask me about setting up the network or any other thing except for the time amp zone Once it rebooted I had the OS running but can t Installing Windows 7Pro Issues connect to the router Long story - short I wiped the drive - reformatted - reinstalled windows Same Issue For some reason it will not load a bunch of Installing Windows 7Pro Issues the hardware drivers so it doesn t recognize things like the NIC Anyone have any ideas Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-windows-7pro-issues.1156403/
Relevancy 48.59%

I got a virus on my computer called PromptDownloader I didn't know how to remove it so I brought it to a guy who said he would re-install Windows and clean out my computer with compressed air He did this and removed of after issues re-installing 7 Windows Experiencing :/ my fans because he said they were Experiencing issues after re-installing Windows 7 :/ not working anymore I picked up the computer and have been using it for a couple Experiencing issues after re-installing Windows 7 :/ days I no longer have a smooth user experience with this computer It is very slow and glitchy the opposite of what I expected Experiencing issues after re-installing Windows 7 :/ with a fresh install Google Chrome crashes a lot If I leave a Youtube video on the screen even with it paused my browser is almost guaranteed to crash Playing a very non-cpu intensive game Runescape is even problematic And my IP address isn't even the same anymore It looks like I'm on a proxy somehow I'm hoping someone here could provide some insight as to why I'm experiencing these issues Is it possible this guy used some bootlegged re-install disk I'm hoping its that so I can just buy the re-install disk off Amazon and fix these issues Any input is greatly appreciated Your IPv Address Is b ef ed b d Stars to hide full IP

A:Experiencing issues after re-installing Windows 7 :/

Hi Giraffeman, and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

What is the make and model of this computer?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox to your desktop.

Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator.

You will see an image like the one below.

Click on the following checkboxes only:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, then copy it and paste it in your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607473/experiencing-issues-after-re-installing-windows-7/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello

Recently I have built a new pc a lot of the updates seemed to install in the first attempt. But out of the last 17 updates that I have left they will not install and i get the error codes.

Code 800B0100

Code 80092004

Code 80070570

Something to mention I had the KB3020369 AND KB3045645 amongst the updates im having issues with and those two installed with out any problems (I am no sure if this is relevant but something I did notice)

A:Windows update installing issues

Windows Update Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/368831-windows-update-installing-issues.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a TE2100 and then I set up new OS windows xp professional after finished I open window but display not full missing right side about 1 inc(top left butom OK full) I looking on device have yellow question mark "?" at other device "PCI Device".
How I can do it please tell me. VGA card original about Nvidia Geforce 4 220 (I cant remember)

I have problem to same some body in forum is member name Stockcar44 you can look it on my link:

http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=31914&tstart=0

I am sorry about English not good because I am Thailand people

Thank you for every body

A:Several issues after installing Windows XP on TE2100

Man, sorry but thats not acceptable that you ask a question, post an link which contains the answer for your problem and ask what to do.

I can only tell you what is written in the link you?ve posted: Check the BIOS if "Fullscreen" is enabled and update your Videodrivers.

That will solve your problem.

Cheers

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?33096-Several-issues-after-installing-Windows-XP-on-TE2100
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Guys I am not sure if this is the right place for this but here I go I have just built my own home built machine Spec at end of post and I am having some problems installing windows I have tested this system with my old gb IDE drive and I Sata Issues 7 windows HDD with installing can boot into the ubuntu partiton so the rest of the system is ok When I try to install windows it gets to quot where would you like to install windows quot and there are no Issues installing windows 7 with Sata HDD drives available I have checked all of the cables are plugged in sata and power and tried serveral SATA ports on the mother board but still no luck The drive has also been formatted There are serveral settings in the BIOS for quot PCH sata control quot IDE AHCI RAID XHD and I have tried them all when I set this as IDE the hardrive Issues installing windows 7 with Sata HDD is visible in the BIOS where as either of the other two settings it is not In all of these cases the drive is not recognised when I get into the windows install The M B guise suggested the AHCI mode I have also Tried using the M B disk to install SATA drivers once I get to the windows install page also no joy I have checked the specs on the website I bought these from and they are both Serial ATA- compatible and the HDD is Windows compatible I am somewhat out of idea s here The only thing i can still see is that there appear to be two jumper pins on the back of the HDD but the HDD was OEM and had no manual and i cannot find any description of what they do if anything If someone has any idea why this isn t working I would greatly appreciate the help Cheers Possum Samsung SH-S C x Internal DVD R RW SATA Drive - Black Intel Core i GHz Lynnfield Socket LGA Processor - Retail Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler EVGA GeForce GTX MB GDDR PCI-Express Graphics Card with HAWX PC-Game Xigmatek Midgard Pure Black Edition Gaming Case Microsoft Windows Home Premium -Bit - OEM Gigabyte GA-P A-UD Intel P A Socket DDR PCI-Express Motherboard Hitachi HDS CLA TB quot SATA II Hard Drive Corsair XMS GB x GB DDR PC - C MHz Dual Channel Kit CMX GX M A C OCZ ModXStream Pro W Modular Silent SLI Crossfire Ready ATX Power Supply nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

i bought my lenovo g50 series about a week ago and initially it had windows 10. Hell broke loose when i down graded to windows 7 and i don't know what to do. firstly the usb ports are not reading any usb drives, 2ndly the ear/head phone jack is not working and its really pissing me off. so can you please help me.......

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue and moved post to its own thread.

A:Lenovo g50-70 issues after installing Windows 7

Hi mikemjscott , 

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Did you manage to install the drivers from the support site.
Would you have the machine number from the sticker or check it from the parts lookup page.
Just keep your serial number confidential.

Update us as soon as convenient.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-g50-70-issues-after-installing-Windows-7/td-p/3471431
Relevancy 48.59%

I have crippled a brand new unused Lenovo G580 Laptop trying to install windows 8.

Attempted to install from a USB drive after the install from desktop option failed due to "cannot initialize start menu" error.

Having loaded the USB on the "Where do you want to install windows 8?" menu my HD was listed in 4 partitions: 1= system Drivers (system), 2 = Windows 7 (Primary), 3 = Lenovo (Primary) 4 = Lenovo_Part (reserved)

Installation was not possible on any drive to due error message : "The selected disk has an MBD Partition table. On EFI systems Windows can only be installed to GTP disks"

I then stupidly clicked on format and formatted partition 2 which contained the Windows 7 OS thinking that would let me install 8. However even after that the same error message prevents installation and now i've lost my windows 7 files meaning the laptop no longer runs.

Can anyone give me some sage advice or point to where I might get some?

A:Major Issues Installing Windows 8

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?
Lenovo Support - Home (US)
How to use Lenovo Recovery
Lenovo Support - Home (US)

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/12094-major-issues-installing-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I wanted to do a reinstall of Windows 7 and so far it's done nothing for me except cause stress and frustration. First it tells me it cannot install to disc because it's GPT, whatever that means... So I'm told to do Shift+F10 and enter these commands:

diskpart
select disk 0
clean
convert GPT

This appeared to work but then I got a different message. It reads "Windows cannot be installed to the disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

Not sure what to do from here... It managed to install Ubuntu so the HDD itself is fine. It's just Windows 7.
I'm on an Acer Aspire V531 BTW.

Please help this is my only computer....

A:Various issues with installing Windows 7 installation.

It also appears that the Next button enables now, even though I still get the message. When clicking next it copies the files and then gets stuck on expanding at 0%.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/382173-various-issues-installing-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Okay here is the issue If any more info is needed to help me out please let me know and I will try to get it for you My Father gets Software for free from his job So he brought iTunes windows issues- 7 installing Windows over and I installed it for him on his laptop since he hated Windows Vista and then I installed it onto my desktop Both computers are running Windows ultimate bit I then iTunes installing issues- windows 7 installed the newest version of itunes on his laptop a few months ago so he could sync music to his phone Then I went to install itunes onto my desktop since I recently bought a ipod touch During installation I get iTunes installing issues- windows 7 this error towards the end I tried getting help from other sites but no one had a clue There was no virus software running in the background or any other software running during install so nothing to interfere with during install So I gave up and ended up installing a older version iTunes installing issues- windows 7 of itunes today I thought I'd give it another shot to update the version of itunes I had with the newest available version I uninstalled the old version and downloaded attempted to install the newest version straight from apples website I then get this same error again When I hit the quot OK quot button the window closes then the status green bars says quot rolling back processes quot and then attempts to install the software again And nothing I went back to try and install an older version of itunes and now when its fully done installing itunes does not want to quot pick up or recognize that I have an ipod plugged in quot Right now my ipod is completely useless cause I cant even get itunes on my computer I'm currently trying to install itunes Version bit

A:iTunes installing issues- windows 7

Welcome to windows 7 support forums,

The issue you are describing is an incomplete install of Itunes using the Windows 7 OS.
Resolution of this issue is as follows:Remove all Apple/quicktime apps/programs and services including apple mobile device
reboot your system, download/install the latest version of Itunes.
Adrian

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/86489-itunes-installing-issues-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello...I will start from the begining .

I bought the Acer V5 and tried booting it up...it came with boot-up Linux which means nothing to me so I made a Windows 8 bootable USB and the problems started. First I could'n find the USB and after enabling the Legacy mode it finally found it and booted from it. Turned out the partitions are GPT and as I made the USB MBR it couldn't install so I canceled which I guess was my mistake but there was no other option. After that I created the bootable USB with GPT partition scheme and tried again. Unfortunately this time I got something called GNU GRUB....wth? I googled around and found the commands required for booting - root (hd1,0), then chainloader +1 and finally boot. Then I get the famous The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors with Status: 0xc000000e. Of course tried that couple of more times but still to no avail. I cannot recover or repair as Windows was never really installed, so I don't know what to do....Hopefully someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance guys.

Petar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-booting-windows-installing-issues.205294/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I'll try to be succinct as possible System Information 200 Installing R7 Dell 7 580 Issues Radeon SP1 AMD Windows in http s postimg org mooss pg System Information Indepth jpg http s postimg org c n rkmr Page Graphics Information jpg I was having some issues with my Dell i tower Issues Installing AMD Radeon R7 200 in Dell 580 Windows 7 SP1 http www sevenforums com pc-custom-builds-overclocking -help-advice-sought-overhauling-noisy-dell-inspiron- -mt html amp thanks to the advice I stuck my finger in the fan of the graphics card and lo and behold the noise ceased So I enquired http www sevenforums com graphic-cards -gpu-advice-replacing-ati-radeon-hd- -dell- c kjt-mainboard html amp posted here and elsewhere received advice Issues Installing AMD Radeon R7 200 in Dell 580 Windows 7 SP1 and consequently I bought PSU http www bequiet com en powersupply http www ebuyer com -be-quiet-straight-power- w-fully-wired- -gold-power-supply-bn amp GPU http www ebuyer com -sapphire-r - - gb-ddr -vga-dvi-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-card- - - g So having successfully fitted the PSU amp GPU I couldn't believe my luck things were going so well what transpired is on powering up for the first time everything was big and bland as I guessed might be expected So I ran the installation disc The install performs and completes with errors yet when I again rebooted I got what I had before everything sized and adjusted correctly through a AV receiver in windows Nero on my inch LED TV - correct desktop etc Notification on install Application Install install package failure The errors made me concerned things weren t as they should be so I opened the Catalyst Control Centre and all that is available provided is basic information within two tabs Graphic Software and Graphics Hardware There aren t any options to configure resolution or what have you Then I discovered the installation disc had replaced my IE with IE which annoyed me no end The damnedest thing is IE will not allow me to import my favourites it states Invalid File Path Utterly useless and infuriately having tried all manner of workarounds As yet I haven t uninstalled IE and re-installed IE because I am unsure whether this might be detrimental to the graphics configuration at present Na ve maybe but why would running the installation disc change the IE on my system So I went to the AMD website downloaded and installed what I presumed would be the complete and up-to-date driver software suite and again I received errors No appreciable changes but for a rather useless piece of software called AMD Gaming Evolved which doesn t seem to have any function what-so-ever Haven t uninstalled yet but want to Again - Notification on install Application Install install package failure Thereafter I did a Windows Update windows SP which normally I would never do having found on each past occasion having done so causes more problems than any appreciable benefit After I re-ran the installation disc and here linked below is the final error report http s postimg org gkulf e n AMD Catalyst log Installation Failure jpg http s postimg org qmhhmt cf AMD Catalyst log Installation Failure jpg The tower case is a little small so after installing the PSU with its thick cables the space has become restricted and through Speccy I am seeing some fluctuations in temperature from the Low s to the low s for the CPU Please see as above http www sevenforums com pc-custom-builds-overclocking -help-advice-sought-overhauling-noisy-dell-inspiron- -mt html Should I be concerned and if so what do you recommend I should do Another thing is Speccy isn t showing any temperature reading for the AMD Radeon R is this normal a good thing or not I would be extremely grateful for any advice and guidance to resolve the issues above to thereby know everything is as it should be and profit from the complete capabilities and facets of the installed graphics card Many thanks in advance

A:Issues Installing AMD Radeon R7 200 in Dell 580 Windows 7 SP1

I forgot to link the AMD Driver/Software Suite online I installed:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...Windows+7+-+64

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/345920-issues-installing-amd-radeon-r7-200-dell-580-windows-7-sp1.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey guys I installed Windows onto one of my computers the one that connects directly to fios a couple weeks back and since then I have been having network issues All of the other computers on the network run XP including the one that has my printer connected to it Since I upgraded the one computer to all of the other computers have been unable to print aside from the one that 7 Windows one installing on issues after Networking computer is actually connected to the Networking issues after installing Windows 7 on one computer printer of course All computers are on the same workgroup MSHOME After I installed on the one computer it defaulted the workgroup to HOMEGROUP so I had to change it back to MSHOME and got rid of the homegroup the new Windows feature On the computer that is running Windows if I look at the network it sees no other computers but if I go on one of the XP computers the one that is attached to the printer I can see the Windows PC as well as the other XP ones On one of the other XP computers I cannot see the other XP computers but it allows me to add a network place so I can see a shared folder on the Windows PC It however does not allow me to add a network place that is located on any of the other XP computers I m very confused about all of this and I have no idea what might have happened and I need to get these computers networked with the printer once again After I realized that none of the computers were able to print I went into system options right clicked on the network printer and clicked properties and I got the quot Print spooler service not running quot message but it is running I added a new printer and updated my drivers and tried to add a printer on each computer on the network and tried to select a shared printer by name but they all say quot Cannot connect to printer Check the printer name quot etc I have no idea what to do at this point so if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it Thanks nbsp

A:Networking issues after installing Windows 7 on one computer

Shut down all computers. Boot the "host" (the one with the printer directly connected) and one other XP PC. See if you can get connected and print to the remote computer. If successful, boot one PC at a time and see if you can get working again. If unsuccessful with just the two PCs please show for each of them ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following commands:

nbtstat -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/networking-issues-after-installing-windows-7-on-one-computer.861512/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am trying to get my laptop ready to Issues Service 1 Windows Installing Pack 7 install Windows I'm currently running Windows I understand I need to at least install Service Pack before I can install Windows Every time I try and download Windows Service Pack I get the following error code I ran the System Update Readiness Tool but it doesn't correct the problem Below is my CheckSUR log How can I correct these issues so I can download the Service Pack and reserve Windows Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Issues Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Payload File Missing x CPFilters dll x microsoft-windows-cpfilters bf ad e none f e fe f CSI Payload File Missing x CPFilters dll x microsoft-windows-cpfilters bf ad e none b Issues Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1 cb c e e f CSI Payload File Missing x CPFilters dll amd microsoft-windows-cpfilters bf ad e none c b df c Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Payload File Missing Total count

A:Issues Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

Please also post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378628-issues-installing-windows-7-service-pack-1-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just installed Windows and it works but the installation was very difficult I'm hoping someone can help me understand what happened so that future installations go more smoothly I was running Windows on a custom desktop PC with an Intel motherboard years old I downloaded Windows and burned the installation W DVD I rebooted to the installation Explain? Windows Issues 8.1 Someone - Can UEFI Installing DVD My PC has hard drives are blank the other partially occupied by a W installation I installed W onto the remaining space on the third drive The installation seemed to work W booted from the hard drive after rebooting from the DVD However UEFI Issues Installing Windows 8.1 - Can Someone Explain? after I removed the DVD and rebooted the PC it booted to W no choices no bootloader etc If I reinserted the installation DVD and booted the DVD it would boot W from the hard drive Weird Question why would W UEFI Issues Installing Windows 8.1 - Can Someone Explain? boot when the W installation DVD is not inserted where W would boot from the hard drive after booting from the DVD Next I found no solution W would not let me burn a recovery DVD The installation DVD presented no options for recovery repair etc upon boot it would just boot W from the hard drive So thinking that MBR was clearly set to boot W I decided to wipe the drive by installing Linux I then inserted the W installation DVD hoping to install W over Linux but got the message quot A resource is missing quot I spent an hour on the phone with Microsoft no solution Later I happen to notice the quot UEFI Mode quot setting in the BIOS activated it and then everything went fine the installation DVD booted happily and installed W onto the drive W now boots normally without the DVD All is well Question why did setting quot UEFI Mode quot in my BIOS make everything work My somewhat uneducated guess when the installation DVD is booted it looks for EFI partitions If it finds one it will at least in some scenarios boot from it even if the BIOS is not in UEFI mode That's why W booted from the hard drive after booting from the installation DVD Without the DVD if you boot in non-UEFI mode it boots from the MBR which still had my W setup The W installation did not reconfigure the MBR for some reason why not That's why it booted W in before I enabled UEFI mode In UEFI mode the installation DVD configures the EFI partition and the BIOS properly and the disk must always booted in UEFI mode If all this is correct I guess my final somewhat rhetorical questions are why doesn't the Windows installation program inform the user about UEFI settings and why didn't tech support say anything about UEFI Thanks in advance for helping me understand this

A:UEFI Issues Installing Windows 8.1 - Can Someone Explain?

Can you post a screen shot of Disk management?

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Eight Forums

Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/41720-uefi-issues-installing-windows-8-1-can-someone-explain.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi!
I bought a Compaq Laptop in 2005 in India. I received an "Operating System CD" (That's what it says!) with XP Home SP2. The key was on a sticker below my laptop.
I recently changed over to a Mac and want to install XP on it (Sorry!). Can I do that legally without any hassles? Also, I have moved to the US now, so does that matter? (Are licenses for particular areas only?)
Thanks a ton!

A:Installing Windows from a CD which came with one computer on another: Legal Issues

If the software is legit (easily checked by the COA you have stuck to the machine) then to install it to another machine would be okay provided that you remove it from the laptop (can only be installed on 1 machine). There are a couple of problems you may come across. If the laptop has a version of XP that's been volume licensed by Compaq then it won't install on the other machine. If it's the full (or OEM) version then it should be okay. You would likely have to ring MS to activate it and explain to them that it has been moved from one machine to another. They are pretty helpful with this type of problem and as long as you are genuine in your approach then there shouldn't be any major problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-windows-from-a-cd-which-came-with-one-computer-on-another-legal-issues-302858.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I've just purchased a laptop (without a cd-drive) and wanted to install Office.

As a student I have free access to Office 2007 (Microsoft Office Suite 2007 Service Pack 1 32-bit (English) - MSDNAA).

I'm currently using Office Starter 2010.

Now when I download the iso file, using winRAR I am able to extract the files but when I try to install I get the following:

This is then followed by the message: "There are no products affected by this package installed on this system".

I've looked online for a starter version of Office 07 (or something like that) to no avail. I've also attempted to "burn" the iso to a usb stick and install it that way but again with no success.

I'd be grateful for some help as I have no idea of where to go from here.

A:Issues installing Office 2007 (Windows 7)

Welcome to the forum,

What you are trying to install is just the service pack, that's why you are getting that message.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/203528-issues-installing-office-2007-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I purchased a new hard drive recently to replace an older one that seemed to have stopped working I had lost access to the windows disc that originally came with my computer due to a move I was not able to participate in packing my own things due to being in the hospital so I purchased hard on 10 Windows new Issues installing drive a usb flash drive Issues installing Windows 10 on new hard drive to create a bootable usb to install windows on the hard drive I have gone through the process several times and each time the computer restarts Issues installing Windows 10 on new hard drive I am taken back to the initial installation screen and am forced to go through the process again This is the first time I've actually replaced Issues installing Windows 10 on new hard drive a hard drive so I'm not sure how to proceed or fix the problem I've redone the process of putting the windows installer on the usb several times using both the windows media creation tool and rufus using a windows iso I've double checked to make sure nothing within the computer case was disconnected or loose I'm not sure how to proceed at this point

A:Issues installing Windows 10 on new hard drive

Just as the computer reboots the first time during install, pull the flash drive out.

The problem is that your bios is set to boot from USB flash drive permanently as the first device. Bios needs to be set to boot from the hard drive first as priority - and then you manually tell it to boot from the flash drive when you want it to. The workaround to changing your bios settings is to pull the flash drive out just as the computer reboots the first time when installing Windows 10.

If you happen to miss it - when the computer reboots into the first install screen again, just remove the flash drive and restart the computer.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/43194-issues-installing-windows-10-new-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have 2 windows updates that haven't installed for about a month now..

-Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2656351)
-Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2600217)

I don't have a clue why but everything installs fine.. I install them, restart my computer and everything does its thing while that's happening and they just pop up again when I do a search for updates after computer has restarted.

A:2 Windows Updates not installing, .NET Framework 4 Issues

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/275672-2-windows-updates-not-installing-net-framework-4-issues.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a problem im using sp1 at the moment and for some reason when im using the internet viewing my documents when i scroll down on pages it goes in slow motion. When i try and move pages around with the mouse everything is slow and its incredibly irritating. Now is this to do with the fact that i havent got sp2 everything else seems to run smoothly playing games downloading things ect. I tryed downloading sp2 but my computer wouldnt start up properly i have had so many problems with this pc you wouldnt believe ps it has nothing to do with malware or spyware i have Adaware Norton ect. Im currently having to use a house fan to keep it from overheating

A:Issues When Re installing Windows XP Home Edition

welcome

Quote:

Im currently having to use a house fan to keep it from overheating

we need your specs, take the side off, if it isnt already off for the fan.
what does the power supply say? is the case clean?

you might need a re-apply of artic five on your cpu.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_s...structions.htm

post back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/issues-when-re-installing-windows-xp-home-edition-104210.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Last week i try to instal a dual-boot system windows xp on windows installed i couldn't shrink the disk c from manage it said something about defragmentation i Installing issues windows windows 7 on xp dual-boot have disk drives with no partitions the disk c it has with GB free to create a new partition with GB i know that easeus partition will help me because i did do this once but was dual boot windows on a windows xp installed i made one partition with gb from C with easeus partition then i restart my computer and easeus made his proces after a moment - gt restart and then i should put the Installing dual-boot windows xp on windows 7 issues windows in the dvd-rom but the system was blocked like this http img yfrog com img jpg del tab Installing dual-boot windows xp on windows 7 issues was not working - gt restart again but this time i push del fast to go to bios but i didn't go to bios it made his usualy components verification everything was ok and then was blocked there I made my decision to go to a friend to format my hard drive instal athe windows on the disk and everything was ok on his pc so to explain i record my problem now my english sucks On my pc it remains the same probl but i could reinstal my windows windows xp and i have this problem on my startup MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service the first half is a delay the last half is when i restart to go to bios

A:Installing dual-boot windows xp on windows 7 issues

Welcome!

I don't really understand your problem, but try pressing F11 during the POST. The manually select your drive from the resulting window.

Hope this helps,
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/54999-installing-dual-boot-windows-xp-windows-7-issues.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I downloaded Windows 10 Anniversary Edition on my HP Notebook 15 a couple days ago.  This version came as an update, and it was not clear to me until it was complete. This laptop is new for me, purchased in June this year.  Since the update, the sound quality has been poor; very scratchy and white noise in background. Not sure what to do to fix this.  Anyone else?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Sound-issues-after-installing-Windows-10-Anniversary-Edition/td-p/5715696
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok so I bought a new pc the other day it was delivered with Win preinstalled bit version its a Packard bell Imedia I've had a play about with it and I hate windows that's why I drive installing with 7 Windows GPT issues Ultimate.. Hard have my windows ultimate at hand ready to go on there I've changed the boot GPT Hard drive issues with installing Windows 7 Ultimate.. priority for dvd drive first and enabled boot mode Once I've got to boot mode the dvd drive never shows up in GPT Hard drive issues with installing Windows 7 Ultimate.. the boot menu just the of TB GPT Hard drive issues with installing Windows 7 Ultimate.. hdds I have in there appears The drive is working as I've tried to run windows install from the desktop though it has failed and I've read a little online to find out its due to the hdd drives being formatted in GPT format I have never come across this before I know a little about pc's but not enough to know how to solve this issue I really want to go back to Win as I got on well with it and I hate windows and I don't have a touch screen monitor to go with it either and nor would I want a touch screen monitor YCH hope someone here can help me i'm at my wits end haha

A:GPT Hard drive issues with installing Windows 7 Ultimate..

Hello DrWolfenstein, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Since this is a new PC and formatted as GPT, then you have a UEFI motherboard.

If you have not already, then I would recommend creating a factory recovery USB to be able to restore Windows 8 back to factory conditions on your PC if you should ever want to in the future.Create a Packard Bell Factory Default Backup in Windows 8
Next, double check to make sure that there are Windows 7 drivers available for all devices on the PC. There's no sense in installing Windows 7 if you don't have drivers for the PC.

To install Windows 7 on UEFI, you would first need to create a bootable Windows 7 UEFI USB flash drive using the tutorial below.UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows
Next, the tutorial below will show you how to install Window 7 on UEFI with the UEFI USB.UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/269566-gpt-hard-drive-issues-installing-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 47.73%

HP pavilion dv notebook Product Number FH UA ABC Intel Core Duo CPUT Upon catching a bug virus I took no chance and formatted everything instead of the system recovery solution F since there was a virus there anyway so I did not want to take any chance Since I did not make any CD DVD from from the previous Windows Vista system that came with the Notebook I went buying a brand new Windows XP Pro DVD But now the Install of XP dv6700 pavilion hp my notebook installing Issues on Windows Windows XP Pro keeps failing with error quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives Issues installing Windows XP on my hp pavilion dv6700 notebook installed in your computer quot when chosing the option quot To set up Windows XP now press ENTER quot I have no other option to chose other from To repair Windows XP Installation using recovery console Press R quot and to quit setup Press F But no options to boot the install Issues installing Windows XP on my hp pavilion dv6700 notebook from a nd rd partition Obviously the Hard drive is on a nd rd partition of the hard drive and Windows XP Install can t access it So I loaded a Boot CD ran fdisk from Bart s CDROM Boot Diskbut it fails with error quot AUTOEXEC Booted drive ia sL Setting up Ram disk at drive q Autoexec Aborted quot and it would not launch fdisk I guess it has to do with the fact that the system booting drive is on a nd rd partition I usually have no problem using fdisk or partition magic to merge all partition in one get the partition activated and boot the install from there but on my notebook I seem to not be able to do so Thanks for helping nbsp

A:Issues installing Windows XP on my hp pavilion dv6700 notebook

That's because XP does not have the SATA drivers for the Hard Drive .. so it doesn't see it.
If you know the Driver .. it can be slipsteamed into the XP install CD.
Even if you can do this, you'll probably have trouble finding the other drivers that are missing.

Have you though about getting the recovery DVDs from HP ??
You should have recovered from the recovery partition .. it was safe.

http://paparadit.blogspot.com/2007/06/installing-sata-hard-drive-with-windows.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-installing-windows-xp-on-my-hp-pavilion-dv6700-notebook.928795/
Relevancy 47.73%

I currently have an AL-1540CS printer that's hooked up to the USB port of my PC. I went to the official SHARP Website to search for the drivers of it and I downloaded them. The problem is whenever I try to install the drivers it says:

"The installer has detected an unsupported operating system. This software can only be installed in the following operating systems: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista"

After it shows this message it just closes. I tried using it with compability mode, but it won't work either with any settings. I contacted SHARP, but no answer from them yet.

Any help?

A:Printer drivers not installing on Windows 7 due to compability issues.

This is SHARP's response:

"Thank you for contacting Sharp Electronics Corporation.

Currently, there is no software available for your copier that is compatible with Windows 7. We do have the software CD available for purchase, however, this will only work with Windows XP. We have no timetable on the release of any software at this time."

What the heck? Are you kidding me? I now have an unusable printer. Is there anyway I could fix this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/339827-printer-drivers-not-installing-windows-7-due-compability-issues.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am trying to get my Windows 7 system to install updates, but the Windows Update screen keeps saying "Checking for updates". Basically, its taking it forever to install updates. Also, Internet Explorer does not work right. Internet Explorer keeps freezing up. I am trying to upgrade it to Windows 10 for my brother.

Someone's help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

A:Issues installing Windows Updates and using Internet Explorer

I have already ran SFC/ SCANNOW and it found no issues. I reset Windows Update components and that didn't fix the issue either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398445-issues-installing-windows-updates-using-internet-explorer.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am trying to get my Windows 7 system to install updates, but the Windows Update screen keeps saying "Checking for updates". Basically, its taking it forever to install updates. Also, Internet Explorer does not work right. Internet Explorer keeps freezing up. I am trying to upgrade it to Windows 10 for my brother.

Someone's help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

A:Issues installing Windows Updates and using Internet Explorer

I have already ran SFC/ SCANNOW and it found no issues. I reset Windows Update components and that didn't fix the issue either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398445-issues-installing-windows-updates-using-internet-explorer.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Windows updates keeps installing/reinstalling the same update over and over again. I looked in my update history and it shows that they are installed successfully every time. What should I do and is this using space on my laptop by re-installing over and over again?

A:Solved: Windows updates keeps installing/re-installing the same update over and over

It is not using any space. Right-click the ones you already have and hide them so they don't come back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-updates-keeps-installing-re-installing-the-same-update-over-and-over.1022585/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a full version XP Pro that I bought to install on my new computer. Will it allow me to install it on my old computer? The old hard drive has been formatted. I have heard Microsoft has configured XP so that it will only install once.

TIA,
Jim

A:Installing XP Pro on 2 computers

After 30 days, Windows Product Activation would kick in and you'd have to either activate it or run it in a severely curtailed form

The legal answer is that if you had another licence with cd key you could use the same cd, but WPA would see it is as a different copy

Any other way would not be legal, just the same as for Windows 95, 98, ME & 2000!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-xp-pro-on-2-computers.126023/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I brought Win XP Pro full version awhile ago about 7 or 8 months ago and installed it on my work pc and would like to upgrade another pc I have at home which currently has Win ME to XP Pro. My question is would it be safe for me to use the same serial number without having Microsoft think I am using piracy software??? I have heard that it is safe to install Win XP on another PC after 2, 3, or even 6 months but would like to hear from people who know what they are talking about.

Thanks ahead of time for your help.

A:installing win xp pro on different computers

When you install Windows XP, it takes a snapshot of your hardware configuration, and makes a unique ID, which then you read to Micro$oft over the phone, or activate via the web.

But, to answer your question, I wouldn't reccomend what you are asking. What you want to do is against the licence agreement, and M$ would call it piracy.

My advice, look around on the net for good deals, and make sure your computer can handle XP as well.

-Mark

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-win-xp-pro-on-different-computers.145681/
Relevancy 47.3%

I purchased the Windows 7 Upgrade. I have a desktop and a laptop. Can I install it on both computers?

A:Solved: Windows 7 for 2 computers?

No, it is only good for one computer. They have a 3 user family pack that is available though. It can be used on 3 different computers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-for-2-computers.870789/
Relevancy 47.3%

Personally, I hate windows 7. I think its crap and that windows xp is more friendly to me. I know that windows 7 is more stable than windows xp, but I don't care, I just wan't windows xp. So, I put the disk in my computer and I clicked install windows xp, but than this thing popped up.

It syas that windows 7 is incompatible with windows xp. How can I make windows 7 compatible with windows xp so that I can install and use the windows xp OS instead of windows 7?

A:Installing Windows XP on Windows 7 - Incompatibility Issues

You cannot start installation of an older version from desktop of a newer version. You need to boot your PC with XP install media.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/292474-installing-windows-xp-windows-7-incompatibility-issues.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an ASUS ROG RAIDR Express PCIE SSD which I have it in UEFI mode where I was able to install Windows 7 successfully on it with my motherboard BIOS set to UEFI mode and CSM to UFEI as well. But now when I connect my storage HDD's and my 2 Corsair Neutron GTX SSD's which I set up in a RAID0 array in Legacy mode along with my Blu-ray RW optical drive, they're not recognized in Windows at all. How can I get Windows to recognize my drives in UEFI if even possible at all? I've tried switching the CSM back to Legacy to see if that'll work, but my system gets stuck in boot loop after the Intel RAID setup screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/383346-installing-windows-7-uefi-issues-detecting-other-sata-devices.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I m sure someone here has seen this before but for all the reading I computers nice XP network Windows not Solved: 7 playing and together on Windows ve done I haven t found anyone with a genuine resolution I have a very small network with a one Windows and one Windows XP computer They are each attached to a netgear switch which gets the internet from the dsl router Obviously all hard wired Everything was fine both computers could see each other and were playing nice together for months and no changes were made to any settings and no new software or hardware was added to the system Suddenly neither machine can see each other Solved: Windows 7 and Windows XP computers not playing nice together on network in the network The XP machine cannot access a previously mapped shared folder on the machine So I started trying things like pinging etc The XP machine cannot ping the machine at all but the machine can ping the XP machine but cannot access a shared folder via mapping What should I do next I m totally overwhelmed nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 and Windows XP computers not playing nice together on network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-and-windows-xp-computers-not-playing-nice-together-on-network.1078871/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have some 50 computers in my network. We had installed Windows XP on them and most of them have 15 GB system partition. All the PCs have two partitions. One for OS and for user data. We are now migrating to Windows 7. but the problem is the system partition on each PC is very low to accomodate Windows 7 along with other applications like Office etc. We want to format the entire hard drive of each PC after taking backup of user data and want to allocate 30 GB for the Windows 7 partition. We want to do this through any automated way. Is there any way or imaging/deployement software available through which we can format the hard drives according to our needs and install Windows 7 and other applications with minimal efforts.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry for my poor English.

A:Installing Win 7 on multiple same computers

You might want to look at this
Step-by-Step: Basic Windows Migration using USMT for IT Professionals

This will migrate user data and other settings as well...

Hope this Helps..

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/85074-installing-win-7-multiple-same-computers.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Has anyone tried to install Quicken 2005 on more than one computer? A friend has installed the 2005 version on his primary computer and would like to use his 2nd computer as a backup with the ability of accessing the program on the 2nd machine directly. He's aware that it wouldn't be registerable on both computers but his question is: "Will it actually work on the 2nd machine and, if not, why?"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-quicken-on-2-computers.334440/
Relevancy 46.87%

hey

im having some problems that are prob pretty easy to fix...

i've just made a new computer and want to install my windows xp home edition on it. i've installed it fine and everything, but because its still on my old computer i cant make it geniue....

ive heard that you can use the cd key twice if your on the same network or something like that... so how can i activate it on both computers?
thanks <|

A:Solved: Windows instillation on 2 computers

That is only true under multi-user licenses. For retail and OEM versions, it's one licence, one computer, no exceptions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-instillation-on-2-computers.817693/
Relevancy 46.87%

hello there all I will try and keep this as short as I can I have a HP Laptop that is Running See 7 Solved: Windows workgroup Won't computers Windows bit home preimiam I can t access any of my Nas drives or XP Solved: Windows 7 Won't See workgroup computers Laptop like Solved: Windows 7 Won't See workgroup computers I used to be able to As far as i know nothing has changed I know that this is software issue for windows as my Virtual Machine running windows xp with in windows can see everything fine The windows laptop can connect to the Nas settings page via Http internet explorer Hear is a list of things that I have tryed Using a cat cable Changing the workgroup name and back again everything is all the same Changeing the Ip address from DHCP to manual Resetting Router Enabling Netbios over TCP IP Setting my network to a work location Disabling Home Groupe Disabling Windows Firewall I only have Windows Essentials running with a scan recentley compleated IT Did find the Java Update Trogen but cleared it The laptop in questian is HP G gb Ram Intel Pentium Processor The Network Items are Wireless Atheros AR B G N Wired is a Realtek PCIe FE Family Controler Microsoft Virtual WiDi Miniport Adapter Was enabled but I disabled it VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet These are not causing a problem as they have been installed on there for VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet over a year now I did try and disable them to no avail If you need any more info please let me know I am downloading as i type Win Service pack so I will report back if this changes things Thank you Kind Regards Steve nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I have just ordered parts for a new PC.
Things I know that have drivers to install at some point:
OCZ Revodrive 3 (superfast ssd connected to a PCIe slot)
Asus P8Z68-V LX motherboard
Intel i5 2500K

I am sure that the ssd needs it's drivers installed when windows is being installed.

I'm not sure if the wireless mouse has drivers or not, its a Xenta. http://www.ebuyer.com/169281-xenta-wireless-optical-mouse-with-micro-2-4ghz-usb-dongle-fm-901-black

Thanks

Relevancy 46.44%

I've installed SP3 on two different dell machines. After the reboot I was unable to go to device manager and connect to the internet. After doing some research I was pointed to the services under computer management and ALL.. repeat ALL of the services were disabled... I went online under microsoft.com and found the services needed to establish the internet. Got the internet working. But my question is... has there been reported problems with SP3 installed on Dell machines or are these two machines rare cases. Heck I really don't know if it was accually SP3 that caused the problem... I do know the problems happend after I did the updates online. Any suggestions? If you need more info let me know :/

Chaz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-sp3-installing-on-dell-computers.738215/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have received permission from my school to put Starcraft on the local drive on the computers (not sure how, but I was able to). Anyway, the Guidance counselor (who gave me the permission and who is also in control of the computers) said he would not disbale any of the blocking/control programs on the network for security reasons, but he said I should be able to install the game.

I tried to install directly from the disk, but that didn't work.
Would using an external usb hard drive work if the game files were already on it work?

Could I burn the files from my computer to a disk and save it on the drive?

I will be buying a new copy of the game, it will not be one that I already own.

Thanks for any help. (I actually did get permission, but he isn't going to be helping me).

A:Installing Software on School Computers

I'm not exactly sure, you could try a zip drive, though i still doubt that would work... the only other option would be to disable the firewall/antivirus to install it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-software-on-school-computers.352288/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey there I have recently been assigned the task of maintaining a few computers for use by the public I work at a hotel so they are open to all guests as well as How keep computers? on my from to installing people spyware their How to keep people from installing spyware on my computers? kids Their primary purpose is to check email print airline tickets ect Of course then we have these little who download How to keep people from installing spyware on my computers? games porn and inadvertently- infect it with more than spyware infections weekly You all know the trick where you download a quot porn video quot and then it says you have to download a quot special codec quot for it to play or you download a game and then it says quot your computer How to keep people from installing spyware on my computers? is infected click here to scan for free quot and in turn the quot scanner quot turns out to be the spyware- well this happens constantly and whereas I like getting a few extra hours here and there I don t like being called on my day off because the machine is totally fubar I am looking for a way to restrict users from installing software and especially software that installs randomly named dll files in the system folder and then attaches those dlls to explorer exe or some other system process s When I run spybot or when I try to delete the offending dll files manually the hijacked processes immediately re-spawn the deleted file s I don t know exactly what this type of spyware is called but it is a serious pain in the a Especially since the randomly generated filenames prevent searching online for a match What happened to the good old days where spyware was a single exe file I have tried setting the user s permissions for system to nothing save the SYSTEM user but that just prevented the user from logging on I have also thoroughly been through gpedit msc s options but nothing I have found does the trick I also require that the user be an administrator since the monitoring software I use seems only to work with admin privelages Does anyone have any ideas Is there any way to limit access to the Windows folder and subfolders and the Program Files folder so that the system can have access but the user cannot except for saving documents pictures ect not absolutely necessary BTW Thanks in advance nbsp

A:How to keep people from installing spyware on my computers?

There is standard software for hotels and motels available for this. Nearly everything that works is proprietary, or costly. Check some of your hotel motel magazines and websites. Or call a very good tech

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-keep-people-from-installing-spyware-on-my-computers.110897/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys, I have a desktop running windows 7 premium and will later purchase a netbook that will come with windows 7 starter. Started is dumb, and i want nothing to do with it. So can I use the same key with the installation on the desktop on the netbook without it causing issues? In other words, I want to install it on both machines. Is there a way to do this without getting another copy or using a keygen?

A:Installing with the same key and disk on multiple computers?

The rule as many machines as you like, but one machine at at time

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/99790-installing-same-key-disk-multiple-computers.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey there I have recently been assigned the task of maintaining a few computers for use by the public I work at a hotel so they are open to all guests as well as their kids Their primary purpose is to check email print airline tickets ect Of course then we have these people who download games porn and inadvertently- infect it with more than spyware infections weekly You all know the trick where you download a quot porn video quot and then it says you have to download a quot special codec quot for it to play or you download a game and then it says quot your computer is infected click here to scan for free quot and in turn the quot scanner quot turns out to be the spyware- well this happens constantly and whereas I like getting a few extra spyware my on from computers??? installing keep How to people hours here and there I don t like being called on my day off because the machine is totally messed up I am looking for a way to restrict users from installing software How to keep people from installing spyware on my computers??? and especially software that installs randomly named dll files in the system folder and then attaches those dlls to explorer exe or some other system process s When I run spybot or when I try to delete the offending dll files manually the hijacked processes immediately re-spawn the deleted file s I don t know exactly what this type of spyware is called but it is a serious pain Especially since the randomly generated filenames prevent searching online for a match What happened to the good old days where spyware was a single exe file I have tried setting the user s permissions for system to nothing save the SYSTEM user but that just prevented the user from logging on I have also thoroughly been through gpedit msc s options but nothing I have found does the trick I also require that the user be an administrator since the monitoring software I use seems only to work with admin privelages Does anyone have any ideas Is there any way to limit access to the Windows folder and subfolders and the Program Files folder so that the system can have access but the user cannot except for saving documents pictures ect not absolutely necessary BTW Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I have to install around 20 new computers with Win7 and a standard set of Software like firefox, antivirus, MS Office. They go into a small business network with a Domain server with an active directory (Windows 2008 R2).

How to do this in a fast and controlled way?
Is there another method then make a reference PC and spread the image on the other computers?

thanks for your advices.

A:Installing Win7 and software to several computers

Hi and welcome to TSF see this Choosing an Image Strategy and Building Windows 7 System Images

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installing-win7-and-software-to-several-computers-615618.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i have 4 computrs in network, all running windows xp.My network was working fine, but when i setup broadband on one of my machine, i m not able to browse network from tht computer on which i have installed broadband and vice versa, other three computers were working fine in network.But i m able to share internet connection.I have installed two lan cards, one to connect to network and other is connected to modem.Even after disconnecting broadband problem is still there.
After tht i tried to reinstall xp on machine which i used to connect broadband,then everything is ok all my 4 machines were able to access each other.but when i connected to broadband again my macine is out of network, and other 3 machines were working fine.I dont have any firewall installed in any of my computer.

can anyone help me plz

A:not able to see workgroup computers after installing broadband

Do yourself a huge favor and pick up a broadband router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-able-to-see-workgroup-computers-after-installing-broadband.505902/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,
I have a Windows 7 mass activation license and am going to be updating my lab's Thirty-some computers to Windows 7. I have Server 2000 right now, but I will be updating to 2008 before the end of the year. Does anyone know if there is a way I can install 7 on all the computers from the server or do I have to do it on a computer by computer basis?

Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Best Way To Install Windows 7 On Multiple Computers?

Sure, use the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...1-ccfc927adf36

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-best-way-to-install-windows-7-on-multiple-computers-520135.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Computer Desktop Windows XP w most recent service pack HJT Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on with Two issues computers Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C Program Files AVG Two computers with issues AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files SafeNet Sentinel Sentinel Protection Server WinNT spnsrvnt exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe Two computers with issues C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files RealVNC VNC WinVNC exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Creative Professional E-MU PatchMix DSP EmuPMixDSP exe C Program Files Creative Professional E-MU USB Audio EmuUsbAudioCP exe C Program Files Jands Vista vistarestart exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files BitLord BitLord exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myspace com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost local O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run DigidesignMMERefresh C Program Files Digidesign Drivers MMERefresh exe O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run e - f c- e -a ec-b a b c C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run Active Desktop Calendar C Program Files XemiComputers Active Desktop Calendar ADC exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files Win... Read more

A:Two computers with issues

any suggestions anyone?

particularly concerned about my mouse double clicking on my desktop, it's getting incredibly annoying, especially while trying to do stuff like drafting :|

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-computers-with-issues.889452/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there I m really new here and need some help to fix this annoying issue Here is the situation computers are connected to a network I was installing AVG business edition on the first one made sure access the networked storage internet and email outlook were working then duplicated the process of other computers After each successful setup I was running a whole computer scan just incase By the time I was working on the th computer network computers after Lost a in internet on installing several AVG internet access to all the computers in the network was lost What didnt make sense is that even the computers that didnt get the new AVG business addition lost connection Yet when I plug any of the ethernet cables in the network to my personal laptop the internet works I tried resetting TCP IP and running winsockXPfix but nothing works I also tried deactivating AVG the firewall and even uninstalling AVG from of the computers yet the internet is still lost on all the computers All the computers are running Windows XP SP Any help Lost internet after installing AVG on several computers in a network will be highly appreciated thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-after-installing-avg-on-several-computers-in-a-network.1141129/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a copy of MS Office Professional with one license. I plan to install it on my father's computer. However, he only needs Word, PP, and Excel. My brother needs Access. Using the same license, is it possible to install Word, PP, and Excel on one system and Access on another?

Relevancy 45.58%

I have computers on my home network of which are running Windows pro and the other one is Windows Vista home All of the computers are in the same workgroup I tried using homegroup as well but it worked terribly and I disabled it all of them have the same network settings file and printer sharing on network discovery on etc all of them have access 7 my Cannot home network. only ONE Windows computers Solved: access of on - to the internet and for the purposes of troubleshooting I have disable all AV software and firewalls For months I was able to connect Solved: Windows 7 - Cannot access only ONE of my computers on home network. to all of my computers from any other computer Suddenly my main office computer Windows which I m also using as a Quickbooks file server so I NEED it to work started losing it s connection and file sharing with the others I would restart it and that would fix the problem for anywhere from minute to week Now I simply cannot connect to it Solved: Windows 7 - Cannot access only ONE of my computers on home network. at all with any computers and rebooting doesn t help The problem-computer is usually visible in the network window of the other computers but trying to access it returns an error of x cannot access check the spelling blah blah If I run Windows Network Diagnostics it says my computer is configured correctly but the other computer is the problem If i run the diagnostics on the problem-computer it says THE SAME THING So frustrating I recently learned that if I type the local IP address of one of my computers into the explorer bar of the problem-computer BOOM Instant access However If I type the IP address of the problem-computer into any of the others I get nothing at all Not even an error Just nothing This has been an EXTREMELY frustrating problem for me for the last few months and it is very much inhibiting my ability to run my home office I would really appreciate any help or suggestions Let me know if you need me to post diagnostic reports or anything Thanks everyone nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 - Cannot access only ONE of my computers on home network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-cannot-access-only-one-of-my-computers-on-home-network.1111439/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a LAN with three computers attached: one running Windows 95a, one with Win98, and one with Windows 2000 Professional. The two 9x computers can "see" each other in Network Neighborhood, and the Windows 2000 computer can "see" the others, but neither 9x computer can connect into the Win2k computer.

On the Windows 98 computer, I get a dialog box requesting a password to resource \\COMPUTERNAME\IPC$. However, I do not recall setting any IPC password, and the Administrator password does not work there.

The Windows 95 computer, however, simply tells me: "\\COMPUTERNAME is not accessible. Your password has expired."

How can I make the two Win9x computers view my shares on the Win2000 computer?

Thanks in advance.

A:{Solved} - Windows 9x computers can't view Win2k Pro share

Greetings

1) Make sure that your Win9x machines and Win2K machine have the same workgroup name

2) Make sure the Win9x machines are logging in with the Client for Microsoft networks, and that they are using a username and password.

3) In win2K, create user accounts for the username and passwords used to log onto the Win9x machines (or, you could just log onto the Win9x machines with the same username and password you use to log onto the Win2K machine)

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-9x-computers-cant-view-win2k-pro-share.29314/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a desktop computers all are the same models that are used to monitoring cameras within our company All machines are hard wired directly to the same network switch and the machines have fixed IPs The IP numbers are all Computers 4 of 1 Out Ping Issues With consecutive numbers IE - All of the machines were working just fine until I had a hard drive failure on one computer I reimaged that machine from one of the like working machines Remember all of the machines are the same model of computer Now for my problem I started having issues with viewing the cameras on 1 Out of 4 Computers With Ping Issues the reimaged machine The camera images would be live and then freeze and come back again after a short time I ran a ping -t test and of course pings and cameras were dropping out at the same time Not surprising there My pings work successfully for a short time about or minutes and then pings will drop out After a minute or two they will start pinging successfully again There is no pattern as to how long the pings will work or drop out I have monitored it for days with the same results Here are some details of my setup None of the machines are connected to our domain Only one user account with admin rights is on each of the computers I do not run any antivirus software on the machines Firewall has been disabled on all machines IPV has been disabled The machines only have the OS and the camera viewing software installed These machines are in a server rack next to the network switch Directly connected to the switch Only this one machine is having this issue Here is what I have tested so far with no luck Swapped patch cable Swapped ports on the switch with one of the working machines Power cycled the network switch Verified all the latest Windows update have been applied Swapped the fixed IPs numbers of the NIC cards between of the machines and ran ping -t again on each of the machines The ping dropout issues stay with same machine and not the IP Deleted the network card recreated and reconfigured it within the OS Downloaded the latest network card drivers from the manufacture and applied them Disabled the onboard NIC and replaced it with a new USB to NIC adapter and configured that device to the fixed IP So far this seems crazy to me I wanted to try a fresh image on the machine so I pulled the drive and put in a new one I restored reinstalled the OS from the original DVDs from the manufacture Uninstalled all of the bloatware software I applied all of the latest Windows updates to the OS Configured my NIC to the same fixed IP Still I am having the pings work and then time out issues Is it another device connected to the network switch causing the issue Is it a bad network switch Is this sound like ARP issues If so how do I determine the fix Thanks for the help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/390941-1-out-4-computers-ping-issues.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm trying to network 2 computers without hub/router just straight through with the cable, never had a problem on xp 32 bit but ever since I switched to XP 64 one computer sets up fine and shows up in the entire network (my network places) but from the other computer, nothing shows up, I have done the setup numerous times and nothing shows up.
On the buggy computer, there are 2 NIC ports, I have run the update driver, still no results. Probably should mention that when I run the setup network wizard, I have to click on Ignore disconnected network hardware in order to continue which didn't do that on the working computer.
I have basically followed the steps on this link plenty of times and it fails to function properly, never had a problem on xp 32 bit.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/setup/homenet.mspx

Any help would be great.

A:networking 2 computers xp 64 sp2 issues

I have fixed the problem,
I checked the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services and found some of the services indispensable for networking were switched off.
So switched them on and it all works well.

hope this will help someone else.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/networking-2-computers-xp-64-sp2-issues-435520.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Recently I've setup my first router; a Linksys WRT54G. The whole experience with that was pretty easy but soon after getting them both on the internet I noticed a problem. I'm having frequent connectivity issues between them both. Although when its actually working I get a good connection between them. Anyway, I went to investigate the problem and it seems as though they both are using the same IP. Is there anyway to fix this? The computer that the router is directly connected to is running on windows XP while the other one, which is wirelessly connected is running on Windows Vista Home Premium.
Ooh and I have NEVER done this before so I really have no clue about anything and certain terminology goes over my head but I am able to navigate my way if given proper instructions. ^_^ Thanks!

Relevancy 45.58%

I two Internet computers... with issues am looking to solve a problem that has cropped up recently on my home network I have two computers wired into a router which is then connected to a cable modem I have the computers set with static IP addresses and they share the internet connection As of Wed night my computer Internet issues with two computers... here is still perfectly able to access the internet but the other computer can t load any web pages or access the network Tuesday night we used both computers on the internet with no issues I have tried reseting the Internet issues with two computers... modem reseting the router and reinstalling the router software I ve replaced the network cable swapped router ports defragged the computer run adaware cleaned the registry and any number of other solutions On ping tests the other computer is sitting at roughlt a packet loss so it s not completely cut off from the internet it simply can not function correclty Any possible solutions to my problem would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Internet issues with two computers...

You set them both on Static IP? Tried taking it off the static & getting one automatically?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-issues-with-two-computers.74572/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a desktop computers all are the same models that are used for monitoring CCTV cameras All of the machines were working just fine until I had a hard drive failure on one computer I reimaged that machine from one of the other machines Remember all of With 4 Issues Out 1 Ping Computers of the machines are the same model of computer I changed the name and the IP 1 Out of 4 Computers With Ping Issues on the reimaged machine Now for my 1 Out of 4 Computers With Ping Issues problem -I started having issues with viewing the cameras on the reimaged machine The camera images would freeze and come back again after a short time -I ran ping -t test and my pings work successfully for a short time about or minutes and then pings will drop out After a minute or two they will start pinging successfully again There is no pattern as to how long the pings will work or drop out I have monitored it for a day with the same results Here are some details of my setup -I do not run any antivirus software on the machines -Firewall has been disabled on all machines -All machines have fixed IPs - -IPV has been disabled -The machines only have the OS and the camera viewing software installed -These machines are in a server rack next to the network switch Directly connected to the switch -Only this one machine is having this issue Here is what I have tested so far with no luck -Swapped patch cable -Swapped ports on the switch with one of the working machines -Power cycled the network switch -Verified all the latest Windows update have been applied -Swapped the fixed IPs numbers between computers and the pings dropout issues stayed with same machine and not the IP -Deleted the network card recreated and reconfigured it within the OS -Downloaded the latest network card drivers from the manufacture and applied them -Disabled the onboard NIC and replaced it with a USB to NIC adapter and configured that device to the fixed IP and it had the same issue -I restored reinstalled the OS from the original DVDs from the manufacture -Uninstalled all of the bloatware software -I applied all of the latest Windows updates to the OS -Configured my NIC to the same fixed IP Still no joy Thanks for the help

A:1 Out of 4 Computers With Ping Issues

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

Click Go and then copy and paste the results into your reply.

I will see if I can help you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604917/1-out-of-4-computers-with-ping-issues/
Relevancy 45.15%

Whats up guys thanks for stopping by to take a look at my issue So I installed windows ultimate edition on my computer a laptop Hp dv - dx and everything as usual when formatting went smoothly btw its a per-activated version works perfect always has Now I installed it onto my buddies Dell laptop Dell precision and suddenly his computer began to bring up the Blue screen stating something in regards to the video card im not to sure considering they Installed help? windows plz Solved: ult. & death.. screen blue one 2 computers, of on give you about two seconds to read a whole aghr worth of information but this is the error Solved: Installed windows & ult. on 2 computers, one blue screen of death.. help? plz it brings up Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA F E BCP FFFFF F C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - Solved: Installed windows & ult. on 2 computers, one blue screen of death.. help? plz dmp C Users Gorbs AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt so I try to open the files that may quot help describe the problem quot as admin and it tells me access is denied Ive never had expereince with the blue screen of death but i can tell you one thing his computer does run hot as hell i know for a fact and also he just told me that this screen used to come up but suddenly stopped I look at him with disbelief just suddenly went away does anyone have any idea to what the root of this issue can be Any input help suggestions would be great thanks a lot guys nbsp

A:Solved: Installed windows & ult. on 2 computers, one blue screen of death.. help? plz

We cannot give assistance with a pre-activated copy of Windows. Even with a fully licensed copy you cannot legally install it on more then one PC.

Your friend should revert back to his licensed copy of Windows and start a new thread to deal with the overheating problem as that is the most likely cause of the BSOD's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installed-windows-ult-on-2-computers-one-blue-screen-of-death-help-plz.1093672/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am usine a belkin-n router, I have 7 computers running off the one router. 2 are hardlined in the other 5 are wireless. Have been running this system for approximatly a year. Within the last 3 weeks at roughly the same time in the evening I have been experiencing a lag issue. It has kicked different comp. out of AIM chat rooms, off online games and even from msn messenger. during a couple of these episodes have run a speed check and it has checked out. went through each computer and ran virus scans, even restored a couple to original set-up. have gone so far as to shut down all but one computer and still seeing the lag issue. not all 7 computers are on typicallly at the same time usually only 3-4. Any help or ideas anyone has would be appreciated.

A:Multiple computers on one router, lag issues

This can be an issue at the ISP and not directly related to your router/lan/systems.

When the dropout occurs, use a browser to access the router config page, login
and check the WAN side config -- specifically look for WHEN the lease was granted
and when it will expire.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-computers-on-one-router-lag-issues.114266/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a really odd set of computer troubles to put forthfor you a family of computers if you will Some of them are in PA some down here in Issues - Please! - Multiple HELP Computers Performance Texas They range from Win to Win desktops and laptops and I think most of them are HP T They range from less than months old to about years old Most of them seem to have developed these issues right around the time when the pesky Win blue box began to appear about a month Multiple Computers - Performance Issues - HELP Please! or so now One computer my mother-in-law is practically brand new about a month and half old and she too is having issues The worst was my Dad s his got stuck in the middle of a Windows update and would never get out of the recovery repair loop and would never boot back in to Windows Finally got in to a recover screen and finally got it to back up his documents by selecting just them but could never get it to back up his pics no matter what method we tried No disc no external hard drive no flash drive would get it to work Finally an HP tech after several days of calls with them had Dad reseat his ram card s and then they either had him or the system forced him to do a factory reinstall Needless to say unless someone knows how to do it we think all of Dad s photos are lost Within the same week or so either shortly before or after Dad s catastrophe we all began to have issues with our computers either during or shortly after Windows updates or when that darned blue box began to continually appear to inform us that the Wonderful Win was available Free to us Now as far as I know none of us shared any files between another so I don t think there was any type of virus shared between us We all use our computer in different states and in different ways and of course everyone is looking to me for advice so here I am I will focus mostly on our HP laptop and mom s new HP desktop The issues are all pretty similar though for all of us Dad had purchased Vipre a bonus pack for all of us BUT the issues were present before that and only of the computers now have it installed Dad hasn t installed it yet the HP folks reactivated his trial of MCafeedoodle I think and he is waiting until I speak with you all before installing it Our HP laptop had Malwarebytes and defender installed and I constantly several times a day ran scans I became very insistent on that after someone hacked in to my checking account Weird though I have never actually used my checking account numbers online so the bank assumed that someone was using a run-through of a series of checking account numbers Anyhow since the st week ofApril I have ran scans like crazy and hadn t seen anything unusual come up so I m assuming our laptop was safe I reserved a copy of Win wishing now that I hadn t Mom has not reserved Only my niece did the upgrade and she had to downgrade because some of her college photography software has issues and the professor said he work with her over Christmas break to upgrade everything So we all keep getting the annoying Blue box of Happy none of us want it and we are all being plagued with sluggish freezing and unresponsive computers Mom s computer came with Win our laptop started out with Win but we upgraded awhile back to Win That was a nd attempt at upgrading to Win and we ve pretty much been good since that attempt with just a few issues with Time Warner on their endof the internet providing but other than that nothing major Our laptop is usually wireless in our house mom s is cabled to her router We are all getting a constant go-round of internet explorer has stopped working Our laptop has user accounts hubby and myself and Mom s has user like all the other computers Mom and hubby have MSN as their homepage I have the google search box as mine I don t think that any extra google add-ons have been installed Hubby seems to be getting the most trouble with sign-on screens and general internet searching I n particular the Walmart Savings Catcher... Read more

A:Multiple Computers - Performance Issues - HELP Please!

OK, the
I noticed on our laptop that I have a lovely white windows flag on the lower right hand side of the screen, near the internet signal and speaker icons.
If I hover the mouse over it, it says Get Windows 10.
I don't want Windows 10, yet. I might consider downloading it to media and using later, if there is a way to do that?
I just don't want it downloading onto my laptop at this time.
I will have to have everyone else in the family check and see if they also have that little white flag.
Don't mind saying that I'm really tired of babysitting the computers. Shouldn't have to do this so darn much, in my humble opinion.

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/70880-multiple-computers-performance-issues-help-please.html
Relevancy 44.72%

For the past few days I have been experiencing issues with multiple PCs Most of the issues are the same I have been successful at freezing some of the issues with MBAM and super anti-spyware but I can not seem to stop search engines from redirecting first to reults google com and then to a random other webpage There are other issues that have popped up like last night on one of the computers all of a sudden AVG disabled and an alternative antivirus installed itself MBAM fixed that problem I appreciate any help you can offer Thanks JonSorry forgot to attach a and multiple other Google issues computers on redirect file Just added it DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Hank at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Google redirect and other issues on multiple computers Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost Google redirect and other issues on multiple computers -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Google redirect and other issues on multiple computers Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Winsim ConnectionManager Simply SystemTrayIcon exeC Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exeC Program Files LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files W i InstallIQUpdater InstallIQUpdater exeC Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEsvchost exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Winsim ConnectionManager SimplyConnectionManager exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Documents and Settings Hank Desktop Virus Removal Tool setup - setup - exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Documents and Settings Hank Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www ask com o amp l disuSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uURLSearchHooks UrlSearchHook Class - e - fd - - f e fc - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dlluURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dlluURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllBHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla DLASHX W DLLBHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllBHO Google... Read more

A:Google redirect and other issues on multiple computers

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"MBRCheckPlease also download MBRCheck to your desktop Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)It will show a Black screen with some data on it a report called MBRcheck will be on your desktopopen this reportRight click on the screen and select > Select All Press Control+Cnow please copy that report to this threadinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3. report from MBRchecker4.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/335926/google-redirect-and-other-issues-on-multiple-computers/
Relevancy 44.72%

sorry for the multiple posts the computer was freezing up when I tried to post.. Here is a screenshot of what is happening on my end.  This is not an isolated incident on my system its pretty much every computer on our network here at work.  Started yesterday morning.  It will happen and the memory usage will continue to rise until it crashes outlook or chrome or whatever programs are running. Then after it forces a close on the programs the memory usage will rise more.

Thanks for your help

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/e67mw5pkgbsaoa5/5oFg1EUCqU

A:all computers on the network experiencing memory issues

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/515068 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515068/all-computers-on-the-network-experiencing-memory-issues/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello. I just got a new laptop with the newest version of Microsoft Office, and I don't have a printer attached. What I usually do is send the document, through email, to a computer that does have a printer and print from there.

I am using Windows Vista, and the computer I'm sending it to is using Windows 98 SE. (Yeah, it's old, like my dad Rep.) Dad uses an older version of Word, and we're thinking that might be the issue.

Any ideas on how to solve this vexing problem?

A:Issues with printing from different computers with different word versions

1) Depending on the versions of the Office Applications on the older PC, you may be able to update the older version and then download and install a compatibility pack for Opening Office 2007 Documents.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...70-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en

2) Do the Office 2007 applications have an option to "save as" files that are compatible with older versions of the same application.

3) Do you have any fonts being used on the new PC that are not on the old one?

4) You may also have to deal with specific printer issues if the printer on the old PC does not support some of the page formatting in the files from the new PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-with-printing-from-different-computers-with-different-word-versions.559572/
Relevancy 44.72%

Here's the situation. I have 3 computers, I'll call them A, B, and C. Computers A and B can see each other fine and communicate fine. However, neither computer A or B can see computer C or communicate with C. Even so, computer C can see both A and B and can access both computers' files. When I manually try and get A or B to access C using start-run, I get an error message saying that access has been denied. I already enabled simple file sharing on C and shared a few drives. I don't know why A and B are being denied access.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I had the same problem fix card with issues memory recognising not How computers to as others My computer suddenly stopped reading flash drives memory cards I have managed to fix the issue and thought I would share to help When How to fix issues with computers not recognising memory card opening device manager on Windows the drives would show with exclamation marks I was trying to update drivers but it kept telling me there was no driver available even though I was connected online It seems the computer had stopped downloading drivers even updates but all the way it was telling me How to fix issues with computers not recognising memory card everything was fine I could not even download the Windows free upgrade at this stage Worth trying turn on computer in safe mode apparently it helps fixing some issues turn off again then re-open with enable boot loggingAfter doing this I was able to download Windows upgrade Once Windows was installed on my computer I was able to access again all cards and flash drives I think what happened to me was that some system files were accidently deleted may be when deleting file my anti virus told me were corrupted If you have a Windows upgrade available go for it If you can not download Windows upgrade then I guess the best solution is to How to fix issues with computers not recognising memory card re-install your operating system if you have the disk available to fix all issues I hope this will help some best regards

A:How to fix issues with computers not recognising memory card

Thanks for posting your advice on Computing.net

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-to-fix-issues-with-computers-not-recognising-memory-card/2182.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey all please help I am working on machines at a local car lot heres the system details Verizon DSL wireless router don't know the exact model but all computers are hard wired to it with newer cat e newer desktop computers within months all same specs They are HP systems with gb of ram running Win x They use a program called car lot manager it basically is installed on machine and creates an access database Then that folder is shared The other computers install the software and access the database file access computers issues, sharing an performance database 4 Network through that share The database file was about mb which I figured was probably the issue so I cleaned it up and compressed it Its now down to around mb and has the exact same issue -- The issue is if more Network performance issues, 4 computers sharing an access database than computers have the car lot manager open not even using just open it begins to move extremely slow to where windows take - minutes to open and the application hangs And I'll add we have tried different combinations of which computers are running the software trying to see if maybe certain machine was the issue I have been on the phone several times with the programmer of the software and he claims it is ran Network performance issues, 4 computers sharing an access database at several large car lots as well with or much more computer systems and he verified everything is setup correct and looked through his software The original setup was the Verizon modem into a netgear port gig switch then the computers into it I removed the switch just to see if anything changed it didn't seem to make a difference Any ideas

A:Network performance issues, 4 computers sharing an access database

Anyone? =/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/227776-network-performance-issues-4-computers-sharing-access-database.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey all After Installing hard Windows refuses to XP Home; recognise Solved: Windows drives completely accidentally doing Solved: Installing Windows XP Home; Windows refuses to recognise hard drives something called quot RAID quot to my hard drives i am in the position of having to re-install Windows Unfortunately the Windows disk keeps telling me that i have no hard drive I have found this tutorial http www howtogeek com howto wind d-disk-drives-during-windows-xp-installation which seems to be based on the assumption that the problem is that Windows XP does not have SATA drivers I don t know if that is the problem but i am going to try it anyway Unofrtunately you need a SATA driver to try it I have been to the manufacturers website http www gigabyte com au products product-page aspx pid amp dl driver and found a list of drivers for my machine One of them says quot SATA RAID quot I don t think i want RAID and looking at the manual that comes with that driver it doesn t look like it is a SATA driver it looks like it is for something else involving RAID that i don t understand Does anyone know how to get a SATA driver nbsp

A:Solved: Installing Windows XP Home; Windows refuses to recognise hard drives

I believe the SATA drivers you need are these ones:

"Intel ICH5R /ICH6R /ICH7R (Preinstall driver, press F6 during Windows* setup to read from floppy)"

Download them and extract them onto a floppy or CD, then during the intial windows setup (when it is loading device drivers) it will come up with an option to install 3rd party SATA / RAID drivers, you press F6 at this point and then browse to the drivers to install them. This should allow the system to utilise the SATA drives to install windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installing-windows-xp-home-windows-refuses-to-recognise-hard-drives.947587/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi guys, I used windows 7 on my Gigabyte Q1580L Laptop, and I formatted it. After installing the new windows 7 Ultimate edition that I use, the laptop reboots, but it doesn't go past the "Press any key to boot from CD" screen. I have tried installing window 7 several times now and it keeps giving me the same problem. I have also run the troubleshooting from the windows 7 CD, but it didn't find any problems. I just don't understand why this Windows 7 doesn't want to start up, because it works on my other computer, so there is nothing wrong with the Windows 7 CD, and my laptop had windows 7 on it, and now its not working.

Can anyone please assist me in why this keeps happening?

A:Solved: Windows 7 fails to start after formating and installing new windows 7

Are you able to remove the disk before booting so that you do not encounter the "press any key to boot from CD" prompt?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-fails-to-start-after-formating-and-installing-new-windows-7.939860/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone I'm trying to help Windows Issues and Update SP1 update installing my Aunt with an issue with her computer but have ended up at a dead end The initial problem was that she was having problems getting updates including SP to install I have read through Issues installing SP1 and Windows Update update various threads on this board to find tips on this Issues installing SP1 and Windows Update update and most seemed to suggest that I run the System Upgrade Readiness tool But I can't seem to run this either Every time it runs I get a message asking me to install a hotfix KB KB just appears to be the SUR tool but when the install process starts it just hangs up and never finishes Everything I've tried including running the Microsoft diagnostics tool can't fix this I've seen other threads that suggest resetting windows update using a bat file So I tried that as well Now when I run Windows update it says that I need to quot install an update for Windows Update quot But when I try this I get an error message saying an error occurred and quoting error code B I've attached what I think is the CheckSUR log file I seem now to have run out of ideas Any help anyone can give would be most appreciated

A:Issues installing SP1 and Windows Update update

Sometimes you can have better luck by downloading the Service Pack and installing it directly, rather than using Windows Update.

Download: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

For 32 bit Windows, you need the last file listed. 537 MB

For 64 bit Windows, you need the next to last file listed. 903 MB.

Might help, might not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/248959-issues-installing-sp1-windows-update-update.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all

I upgraded my computer ram and instlled windows 7 64 bit as a new partition. however I forgot that i would have a problem deleteing the old partition. i've added a screen shot of the partitions.

I want to remove the 2nd partition (the 3rd one is nothing)

I know i can't simple remove it as it is active (it never had a 100mb boot partition)

how do i delete it without stuffing it up. (i have know idea if deleteing it this using the windows recover cd would work...

could i just delete it from msconfig, then delete the partition and set the first partition active???

ok looking at How to remove XP after a 7 install? Help Please! post 7 I think I can do it... i'm going to take a chance on this...hey I know what to do if it doesn't work...(reinstall windows 7 all over again (clean parition table))

A:[SOLVED] delete windows 7 32 bit partition after installing windows 7 64 bit

Even though Windows has it's own partition program, I think it's better to download this, the home edition is free:
Free Download Magic Partition Manager freeware: EaseUS Partition Manager, Disk & Partition Copy and Partition Recovery Software.

After installing, open it, format the partition that you no longer need > and then delete it > afterwards, you'll want to resize your primary partition to include that free space.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-delete-windows-7-32-bit-partition-after-installing-windows-7-64-bit-632015.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,
I have recently purchased a new hard drive & I am trying to install Windows 2000 up from Windows ME.. I formated the new hard drive as instructed, & installed Windows ME without any problems. Now I am trying to install Windows 2000 & as it is trying to install, it keeps freezing up my computer & I am getting an error message as follows: <unknown> has caused an error in <unknown>. <unknown> will now close.

What is causing this & what do I need to do to proceed with the Windows 2000 installation.. Please answer as soon as possible.

Thank you,
addyca2005

A:Solved: Problems Installing Windows 2000 from Windows ME

do you mean you are upgrading from ME to 2000? if that's the case...

i had a sony vaio desktop awhile back (it was the whole reason i joined this forum actually)...
i tried doing the same thing, i eventually got ahold of microsoft support over the phone, and i was informed that ME will not upgrade to 2000 or XP. you must do a "clean install".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problems-installing-windows-2000-from-windows-me.379716/