Windows Support Forum

unidentified network local only

Q: unidentified network local only

sorry to say i have ben trying to fix this off and on since june, my son inlaw gave me this laptop with this issue. I have tried DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle -1,DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag-0
release renew, uninstall and reinstall. it will connect to hotels, coffee shops and also someone in the neighborhood with unsecured network but not my secured network. connected to my network we have i-phones xp,windows 7 and vista (dell). also it connects thru ethernet.

please i have watched endless utube videos and online answers. nothing seems to work and i cant let it go

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: unidentified network local only

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: unidentified network local only

log into the router and remove the wireless security - no see if it will connect - if it does - log back into the router and try the wireless security again
------------------------------------------------------------------------
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

can we see an ipconfig /all
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unidentified-network-local-only-664859.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi Basically my computer is a Samsung and I use a wireless Internet connection We have a BT hub which was changed weeks ago my computer worked fine until a week ago when I turned it I and it would no longer connect to the Internet I called BT and they went Unidentified local network/ only through lots of options Turned the Internet off and on Tried manually putting in a new IP address Reset the adapter and run troubleshooting Connected the computer to the hub with a wire None of these things worked I was on the phone with them for Unidentified network/ local only an hour and a half I saw some one on here Unidentified network/ local only tell another user to do a system restore but I only have the option to restore it from days ago but it's now been days since the problem started I really need the Internet but I am useless Does anyone have any clue how I can make it work again Thank you so much for any help you can give Georgia

A:Unidentified network/ local only

This isn't retore time.

When you connected directly, did it work? As unless something else can get aqccess, i'd be incline to think bad hub.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/293352-unidentified-network-local-only.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I just installed windows vista ultimate on my desktop pc and I can not get it to connect to the internet. It says unidentified network Local only. It is connected through an ethernet cable and it works on my laptop with windows xp fine. I have seen this problem across the internet but can not find a solution for mine.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Relevancy 76.97%

Hello, I have a Window Vista, HP Pavilion Laptop, i have been trying to connect to my wireless router.

Unidentifed network (local only) wont allow for it to connect.

Ive disabled all security
Uninstalled Norton
Reset the router

Can anyone help?

A:Unidentified Network (Local Only)

moving to the Networking Forum for better results.
Do you see the DSL light on your Modem or Modem/Router if a combo?
Boot into the the Routers setup and make sure it is connecting with your ISP. If not, contact the ISP and have them test the lines

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/unidentified-network-local-only-666072.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a Compaq Presario F laptop that appears to have recently been Only on Vista Network/Local Unidentified unable to connect to WiFi or rather protected WiFi networks We recently moved and had the cable guy hook up internet at the house he used a Ubee Wifi modem Unidentified Network/Local Only on Vista router It s a secured network but I can t seem to access the internet If we were to turn it into an unsecured network my laptop seems to connect just fine We have a total of mobile devices my Unidentified Network/Local Only on Vista compaq a vaio laptop and iphones Please help Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights Unidentified Network/Local Only on Vista reserved C Users Valerie gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Valerie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - E- C-B - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - E- - C-C -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February AM Lease Expires Thursday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled nbsp

A:Unidentified Network/Local Only on Vista

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

Atheros AR5007EG & AR5007
We have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters for over a year, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and windows Vista.

The adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
--- Please post back here if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver." That apparently has worked for some posters.

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section, as some manufactures, appear to now have a working driver available.
Toshiba - update has worked for some PCs
HP The latest HP Atheros driver dated Sept 2010 has fixed the issue - so check the driver date, However, that does NOT apply to all HPs / Compaqs machines
- the poster did an online scan for driver updates on the HP website here HP Product Detection which resulted in a solution. Solved: Can't connect to internet wirelessly - Atheros AR5007 Wifi through Clear Comm - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you can post the Make and EXACT model of your PC here, along with the windows version you have and we will see if we can find the driver and will post a link as a reply here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) A few posters here with the same issue have found that the driver from this site ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows resolved the issue
Threads are here
Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: NetGear WNDR3700 Incompatibilty W/ Atheros AR5700 - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Local connection only when connected to secured wirless - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Unidentified Network - Tech Support Guy Forums
Unidentified Network
I do NOT know anything about the site mentioned ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows

However, if you do decide to try the driver, Please let us know the outcome

Direct link to the drivers are below
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " click to download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

AR5007
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista
Although this driver has shown up in BSODs (Blue Screen Of Death) on Vista SP2 systems, usually conflicting with updated Vista OS drivers like netio.sys, tcpip.sys and other networking related drivers.

AR5007EG
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista
Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

You might also bug your laptop's tech support about the problem--maybe people can put pressure on Atheros to find a fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-local-only-on-vista.1040215/
Relevancy 76.11%

I apologize in advance I have scrolled through pages and pages of posts here and tried to find my solution I must repost this issue for me I had network only access unidentified - local this issue after building my rig and it miraculously fixed itself one day when I powered the computer on It worked for a few months Then I inadvertantly put my unidentified network - local access only computer into hibernation or sleep instead of powering it off like I normally do Well Vista didn't like that So now I am offline again Parts Vista Home Premium x linksys wireless g router wrt gs cable modem asus extreme gamer mobo with dual nividia NIC on board most current drivers for everything most current firmware for router restarted everything a billion times unpluged replugged etc too uninstalled NIC reinstalled let it assign a driver too dhcp is disabled public or private network is a no go auto config or keyed in ip info no go disabled ipv no help No matter what I get the same result unidentified network access local unidentified network - local access only only ipconfig shows media state disconnected unidentified network - local access only for moste everything cannot ipconfig renew as it says that nothing is in the right status to do this cannot ipconfig release as it encounters an error typed in vista explode stupid vista wont even do that I have a copy of xp pro x I am seriously doing my best to avoid installing it because I would like vista to work but This is the second time I am encountering no internet with vista I have plugged it directly to the modem still has the exact same issue so the router is not involved with the issue It can only be a settings issue a NIC issue a Vista issue I can't remember how to copy out of a cmd box to get my ipconfig on here any suggestions on what to try Spiderchoke

A:unidentified network - local access only

Hello,

I have tried all these options also and then some! I have ran through and tried the netsh reset etc... examples, and have fulled uninstalled all AV / Firewalls and have properly configured my Vista firewall.

I am honestly stumped on this. I have spent over 6 hours on this and it is driving me nuts, someone must have a solution!

Please?

//Edit//

I solved the issue after another hour of tinkering with it. Here is what I did, and I think it's a solid fix!

Go to your "Local Area Connection" and right click. Click on "Properties". Once the window opens un-check "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP / IPv6)".

Once deselected, please select "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4)". Click on "Properties". Tick the little bubble that says "Obtain an IP address automatically".

Go down where you see the gateway settings. Tick the small bubble that says "Use the following DNS server address:". Please use the following settings:

Preferred DNS Server: 4.2.2.2
Alternate DNS Server: 4.2.2.3

These are Yahoo.com DNS settings and I have been using them for 5 years now. After you set all these settings, reboot the PC and try to ping a website. It should work.

If not, I am fresh out of ideas, this fix worked for me, hope it works for you!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/151375-unidentified-network-local-access-only.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Good afternoon. I want to beat my head into a wall over this computer today. I told her not to install Norton but she did and since 30 day had expired the Internet has Local Access Only. I have tried many things from: removing Norton, ran CCleaner, turned off IPv6 and turned it back on, device manager is ok (no yellow triangles), services are running, firewalls off, repaired and reset ipconfigs and adapters, and oh...6 or 7 hundred reboots. ;) One thing I noticed was the IPv4 address differs from the default gateway and DHCP server...am I on to something with this or is having differing addresses normal? Let me know if I am missing information. Thank you.

See attached....

Vista SP2
32 bit OS
2 GB RAM

A:Local Access Only on Unidentified Network

Net.tcp Port Sharing Service* and Routing and Remote Access Service were turned off after I rechecked my services and I restarted them. But still Local Access Only.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/local-access-only-on-unidentified-network-704817.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a problem with connecting to the internet I am able to get a local area connection but I get no internet at all After trying to diagnose and repair I get the message quot Your modem or router is not available quot I try to automatically get a new ip address I just get a message quot Windows tried to repair but the problem still exists So now the last option I try to reset the network adapter This ends up in a new window which says quot Windows cannot resolve the problem quot and the only option I have is toclick quot close quot This is my what is written in the cmd after I write ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name H kon-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List bluecom no Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix bluecom no Description Realtek RTL B B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - F-D - - B-BF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd e e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained oktober Lease Expires oktober Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Unidentified Network Local Solved: Only Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix bluecom no Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Solved: Unidentified Network Local Only Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Solved: Unidentified Network Local Only Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix bluecom no Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address c d c d Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

A:Solved: Unidentified Network Local Only

That looks like a good connection to a modem. Open a Command Prompt and try the following pings. You can show the results the same way you posted the ipconfig /all.

ping 195.0.217.145 [or whatever your IP address is when you try this]
ping 195.0.216.1 [or whatever your Default Gateway is when you try this]
ping 68.180.206.184
ping yahoo.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unidentified-network-local-only.755216/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all Had the same issues couple of months ago which I described in this take a look at it to see what s my problem thread So when the problem showed up again now I tried solving it with Network (again) only Unidentified access local the same solution as last time but quot of course quot that would not work now Here is the full reset for Vista Win TCP IP stack repair options for use with Vista or Windows Start All Programs Accessories and right click on Command Prompt select quot Run as Administrator quot to open a command prompt In the command prompt window that opens type type the following commands each followed by the Enter key Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog Reset IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ipv reset reset log Reset IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ipv reset reset log Reboot the machine Click to expand It s very frustrating Anyone that can help me out on this Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Adams gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Adams-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -C - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe de ed af Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday November AM Lease Expires Sunday November AM network vista only) (local Unidentified Default Gateway fe b b dcff fe DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID Unidentified network (local only) vista - - - - - D-AD- - - D- - - F- Unidentified network (local only) vista DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Generic Marvell Yukon Chipset based Ether net Controller Physical Address - D- - - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dfc f f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday November AM Lease Expires Sunday November AM Default Gateway fe b b dcff fe DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - D-AD- - - D- - - F- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet Physical Address - - -C - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a f bf d be Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet Physical Address - - -C - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f c a d d f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B F A- C - -ABB -F E E br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CF BD -F E - BF-A B-B F CABD br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AF D E -C F - - D- BDA C br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AF F DD-D DF- - C - D br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Adams gt nbsp

A:Unidentified network (local only) vista

Help please. . .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-local-only-vista.1074970/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have an HP laptop that I connect to the internet using a wireless Linksys router. I haven't had any problems with the wireless. I connected today via ethernet to the router. I received "Unidentified network...Local access only". I then rebooted the router and modem with the same result. I then connected the modem directly to the laptop with the same result(after rebooting the modem and computer).

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Relevancy 76.11%

Starting from a few days ago I've not been able to connect to the internet through one of my computers I use a Belkin wireless adapter to connect to this first PC At first when i diagnosed the problem it said that i have a network cable unplugged I've tried plugging the router straight into the PC yet it still doesn't work I've tried manually entering an IP address This made it so that the unidentified network was identified with a name but now after having turned the computer off and on again it is once again unidentified I've tried diagnosing the problem again where it now says the message attached to this post The connection unidentified network only local to Connected still remains local only and regardless of whether the network is identified or not it seems to switch between the two i still cannot access the internet Other systems can access the internet wirelessly such as games consoles and a mac I've used the ipconfig all command and the results are as follows Can anybody help me figure out how to fix this

A:Connected local only to unidentified network

Hi,

What firewall/ Anti virus are you using?
What type of connection have you got between
1. PC to PC
2. Wireless routers/ access points etc?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/284033-connected-local-only-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Good afternoon I want to beat my head Unidentified on Access Only Local Network into a wall over this computer today I told her not to install Norton but she did and since day had expired the Internet has Local Access Only I have tried many things from removing Norton ran CCleaner turned off IPv and turned it Local Access Only on Unidentified Network back on device manager is ok no yellow triangles services are running firewalls off repaired and reset ipconfigs and adapters and oh or hundred reboots One thing I noticed was the IPv address differs from the default gateway and DHCP server am I on to something with this or is having differing addresses normal Let me know if I am missing information Thank you Windows Vista Home Premium SP AMD Turion GB RAM -bit OS Microsoft Windows Version Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Skooter gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TheGypsy Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - B- E-B - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ccdf cd c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday August PM Lease Expires Sunday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F- -DC-AE- - E-EC- - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tx comcast net Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E-EC- - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap hsd tx comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap hsd tx comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap hsd tx comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap sbx galvetx wayport net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap sbx galvetx wayport net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Skooter gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users S... Read more

A:Local Access Only on Unidentified Network

Did you use the Norton Removal Tool when you uninstalled Norton? Norton Removal Tool.Download MiniToolBox and open/run the program.When open, checkmark or select all options then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504842/local-access-only-on-unidentified-network/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hey guys,

I'm aware that this is quite a common issue and i apologize if it's been repeated hundeds of times, but it's driving me crazy.

I have an acer 8920g laptop with an atheros AR8121 pci-e ethernet network card. On my older laptop, the internet connects fine via cable modem and an ethernet cable (this has a broadcom network card). On the newer laptop i just seem to get local access only, with a 169.x.x IP address, no default gateway or DNS server addresses. Both laptops run vista home premium, and i'm totally lost and confused as to where it's going wrong..

Ive been searching a few sites and there doesnt seem to be any definitive answer to this problem

Does anyone know how to fix this before i throw my laptop out of the window?

Thanks

A:Unidentified Network: Local access

Originally Posted by bruen

Hey guys,

I'm aware that this is quite a common issue and i apologize if it's been repeated hundeds of times, but it's driving me crazy.

I have an acer 8920g laptop with an atheros AR8121 pci-e ethernet network card. On my older laptop, the internet connects fine via cable modem and an ethernet cable (this has a broadcom network card). On the newer laptop i just seem to get local access only, with a 169.x.x IP address, no default gateway or DNS server addresses. Both laptops run vista home premium, and i'm totally lost and confused as to where it's going wrong..

Ive been searching a few sites and there doesnt seem to be any definitive answer to this problem

Does anyone know how to fix this before i throw my laptop out of the window?

Thanks

Hi and welcome to vista forums

the 169.254.x.x is local to your machine. we need to take a look at the device manager to make sure your network driver is installed and working.
Start>search>type device manager>goto network adapters. make sure its listed and doesn't have a yellow triangle on it. right click>properties> make sure "working correctly".

let us know the results

ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/251630-unidentified-network-local-access.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello all Sorry to post this from looking on the forum it seems this is the main problem thats discussed on here I blame vista ANYWAY I have the whole local only unidentified network problem My internet works on all other networks minus my home network which is quot local only quot I can connect with an ethernet cable which I am currently doing but obviously sitting ft away from the modem at all times is a tad inconvenient My computer was giving network (sorry!) only/unidentified Local rubbish me the usual options of resetting the network Local only/unidentified network rubbish (sorry!) or getting a new i p neither of these have worked however this morning it finally gave me an answer of Cannot communicate with Local only/unidentified network rubbish (sorry!) primary DNS server I have done the quot ipconfig all quot thing in command prompt and tried entering my ip manually as a DNS into Local only/unidentified network rubbish (sorry!) both tcp ipv and tcp ipv but it says quot the network adressentered is invalid quot I am entering it exactly as it says on the command prompt Any help would be massively useful Oh and here is my ipconfig stuff from the command prompt Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Jonny gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jonny-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - B- E- A-EF- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-B - - - - - - - -EC DNS Servers fe c e e d NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - - -EC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cd c d c c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-B - - - - - - - -EC DNS Servers fe e f b NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap lan Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description isatap Home Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Jonny gt C Users Jonny gt THANKS nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi All

I have going up the walls the last week.
Basically just moved house and got broadband installed, my girlfriends laptop connected automatically, whereas my Compaq CQ60 Presario Notebook WindowsVista will not connect

I have checked so many different forums trying to fix this problem, but to no avail im afraid... it looks like there is an excellent internet connection.... but cannot go on the internet because it says "Unidentified Network local access only"

I have very little knowledge of computers, so appreciate your kind patience in advance

Would very much appreciate if someone might be able to help me out here!

Thanks so much!

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I see that many of you are having the same type of issues with Vista though there Unidentified Only Access Network-Local are many different fixes that seem to work for some none have worked for me so far I was asked to help a friend simply download and install Norton as they had inadvertantly uninstalled it and when they tried to download Unidentified Network-Local Access Only it again they kept getting a corrupted file error Unidentified Network-Local Access Only I was simply going to clear the temporary internet file cache and re-download the file from Symantec end of story right No Upon receiving the computer I proceeded to connect all the wires cables etc and boot up the computer for the first time I had it in my possesion Immediately after boot-up I could not get an internet connection as the LAN was reporting quot unidentified network quot and local access only Soo I figured ok I ll just reset the network adapter and all will be fine but windows reported that there is still a problem and I should check my router or modem There is Unidentified Network-Local Access Only no router but we connect to the internet via a Motorola Expedience wireless modem WI After reading posts on several sites for many hours I have tried disabling and reenabling the adapter updating the drivers downloaded and used the norton removal tool changing the network to private then public then back to private again run several commands such as netsh int ip reset resetlog txt netsh winsock reset ipconfig flushdns ipconfig release etc I have unplugged the modem and plugged it back in again restarted the computer countless times and now am completely frustrated that a simple procedure has become this complicated The only thing I know for sure is that this problem is common to windows Vista I am attaching my ipconfig and hoping someone out there can help Thanks so much Windows IP Configuration Host Name TinaEsau-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- C-A - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f f eeb c Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FED D -DA - A - -DC EE C A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconn... Read more

Relevancy 76.11%

I have been search all over the internet and have try everything with no success This is my information I got from doing ipconfig all on command prompt Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - - - A-AC DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-D -C - - - - - network only) local (access: unidentified A-AC DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected unidentified network (access: local only) Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - E-EC- B- -FB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP unidentified network (access: local only) Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E D- - - CD-E C FC BC Physical Address - - - unidentified network (access: local only) - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CE FDB-FFE - BB-AD - C C CFF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-access-local-only.1015328/
Relevancy 75.25%

As said this randomly appears i have my "Network2" which connects to the internet then randomly. It's an Unidentified network. It connects for me and it also has problems when i'm playing an MMO b/c the server notices that something changed and disconnects me which is very annoying attached is a screenshot of this issue. Also the fix from m$ that most people show doesn't work as for some reason i don't have teh GUID key.

A:Unidentified Network Local and Internet connection

click on customise on the unidentified network, set it to private and your problem will be solved, only thing is, you need to do this everytime you start the connection.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/215852-unidentified-network-local-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,

I have a hewlett-packard HP G60 Notebook PC. Processor: AMD Sempron SI-40 2.00 GHz, Ram: 3.00 GB, with a 32-bit Operating System. I also have Windows Vista on my machine. The problem I'm having is that I cannot connect to the internet. It shows unidentified network with local only access. I have rebooted, reset the router (netgear), did a system restore but to no avail. I tried uninstalling norton anti virus on this machine earlier in case that might have something to do with it. I was trying to uninstall that because i have gotten the BSOD while trying to scan with Avast which is probably a totally different issue and I didn't want two anti viruses on the machine.

Relevancy 75.25%

Hey, so just this morning i disconnected all of a sudden, and now i can't connect to the internet with my ethernet cable, my wireless connection is fine though...I've been searching for solutions but nothing has worked so far, i really have no idea what to do.

A:Local Area Connection - Unidentified Network.

Quote: Originally Posted by Omar1995

Hey, so just this morning i disconnected all of a sudden, and now i can't connect to the internet with my ethernet cable, my wireless connection is fine though...I've been searching for solutions but nothing has worked so far, i really have no idea what to do.

Have you tried restarting your computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/264167-local-area-connection-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 75.25%

First I'm on my iPhone and it's driving me crazy so if somebody has asked this ? I'm sorry. My internet is not working I try to pull it up and it says not connection to the Internet is currently available and it asks me if I want to work offline or try again then I get Internet cannot display webpage. Tryed the diagnose and no luck. Tryed the comcast desktop doctor to no avail. After being on the phone with comcast cable for bout 45 min trying diff things they said everything on there end is working fine. I just keep geting unidentified network and I cannot fig it out and need help. Ty

Relevancy 75.25%

I know this has been talked about beaten with a stick and poked as dead Anyone have a real answer yet I am an local unidentified access network - - Wireless only HP support tech We have had hundreds of calls reguarding the quot unidtified network quot quot local access only quot After trying every patch fix reghack found here nothing is really solving the problem Will there be a statement from MS with a real fix that works There is no set fields I can specify I have seen this with all Wireless - local access only - unidentified network flavors of Vista and with just about every brand of router out there Wireless just does not work Users say they have recently been in a Wireless - local access only - unidentified network public location and now their home will not work or that the unit has not been out of the house Wireless - local access only - unidentified network and it suddenly quit Personally I have had the user get onto a wired network and spent hours using remote access to try the options listed here and have had success only about of the time Will MS help us with this problem or just keep being silent on the issue

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/040d9fe6-059d-449a-bbe7-fcb856e800fc/wireless-local-access-only-unidentified-network?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 75.25%

So, just a couple of days ago i started having problems with my internet, I can't seem to connect via an ethernet cable (wireless works fine though) I've tried loads of methods I've found online but nothing seems to work, any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

A:Local Area Connection - Unidentified Network.

can we see an ipconfig /all and a device manager screen shot please
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

to do that:
Next

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen, menu on the left hand side

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

if the above does not work then -

Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the Start Orb > In the Start Search box type > device manager and then press enter
or
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

Windows 8
If you happen to be using a keyboard with Windows 8, the quickest way to open Device Manager is via its shortcut on the Power User Menu, accessible by pressing the WINDOW and the X keys together.
If on a touch screen - have a read here http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/device-manager-windows-8.htm

once you are in device manager then

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X

post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
----
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-unidentified-network.1076654/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have looked through many many sites trying to find this out I ve had this problem since yesterday Yesterday while normally browsing having normal temperatures My computer just turned network/ only vista! connection local for Unidentified off by itself It wouldn t turn on for a few minutes then it finally did I turned it on and the light on the power button was yellow usually not like that and the fan of my GPU was very loud Nothing was showing on my screen so I just turned it off Then I turned it on and it booted normally and I logged in I tried to access the internet but it wouldn t work I checked the connection and it says it s an unidentified network and could only connect locally I could connect to my router on the browser but Unidentified network/ local only connection for vista! not the internet I ve tried many solutions but they wouldn t work By the way I have Vista sp Desktop The following is from ipconfig Unidentified network/ local only connection for vista! all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DELL-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Win Adapter V Physical Address -FF- E- -CA-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom n Network Adapter Physical Address - - D- B-CC- F DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cfb b d df Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-E - - C- - A-A - - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - A-A - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E C C- D- C-BD A-A A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

Hi all The last couple of days I have had some troubles with my wireless internet connection Solved: Network Unidentified access only local The problem seems to be quot Unidentified Network local access only quot This is what I have set up Desktop PC XP Laptop Vista Solved: Unidentified Network local access only Speedtouch T Modem Jensen AirLink router It has been working perfectly fine ever since I set it up until the last couple of days The internet on my desktop PC which is connected directly through the modem is working fine but the wireless network is not I recently installed some Windows updates on the laptop and thought that they might be the source to the problem but uninstalling the updates didn t help so I doubt that s the problem then That s one of the issues here what is really my problem All the lights that should be blinking are in fact blinking on both the modem and the router It s working fine on my desktop PC so it surely can t be the internet connection that s the problem here It says that I m connected to an quot Unidentified Network with local access only quot when I connect to my wireless network so I can t go online on the laptop go online on my PS etc And it s getting really annoying Tried this guide but with no help Please help me out here Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

Well I've been looking around the forums for people with this issue on Vista. Problem is that it's ALL laptops. I probably haven't been searching long enough but I rather get this help personally.
So my issue like alot of people's is that I get Unidentified Network- Access: Local Only

This is probably the SECOND time this has happened and the time BEFORE I went to Staples and had to give a hundred bucks because of a "so-called virus". So I dont wanna waste my money. And they said to remove the "virus" you could 1. Clean The Whole PC and start out new or 2. Erase only the "virus and keep everything else. I chose #1 because it was CHEAPER.

So anyway my info:
Vista 32-Bit
AT&T
Modem
Modem connected to three PC's (ALL DESKTOPS)
When there was no internet I sorted,defragged,virus scanned,cleaned the PC.

Will upload pics later today.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/285459-vista32bit-unidentified-network-access-local-only.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I know many people probably still aren't using Vista, but I was so happy to find the answer, I needed to let as many people know as I could. I spent many frustrated hours trying to get my Vista wireless network working and finally found the answer. Here is a link to these wonderful people who found it. All you have to do is upgrade your wireless adapter driver. Mine was the infamous Atherous AR5007.

Cheers, and spread the word if you would. I know it probably still can help many people.

http://www.kc.co.uk/help-and-support/articles/atheros-drivers-and-vista-unidentified-networks/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-access-only-on-unidentified-network-vista.1167857/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a HP laptop that uses windows vista A storm power outage occurred and since I have not been able to connect to the Internet I had a tech from Comcast come only/limited connectivity Network -local Unidentified out but couldn t figure it out The Unidentified Network -local only/limited connectivity tech said it could be my router but tried a different one and still nothing The network for me is listed as quot Unidentified quot and the connection switches between Local Only and Limited Connectivity It also says I am connected to my network with excellent strength If I plug the router directly into the laptop it still doesnt work I thought it might have something to do with Norton Anti-virus and tried disabling it but still not working I was able to connect at a different location so I know it s not my computer My phone will connect to my wifi network with no problem I ve been reading several different forums and trying all sorts of things I ve tried resetting both the modem and the network unplugging both the modem and the network the run cmd ipconfig all and disabling and enabling the driver local area connection I cannot access the default router page from my computer either to see if there was something not working Any help would be appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

Yeah so i tried fixing it myself using youtube and google but that didnt work ahha so anyone mind assisting me in getting this internet to work thank you so muchMicrosoft Windows Version Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Radio Shack gt ipconfig allWindows IP Configuration Host Name RadioShack-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled NoWireless LAN adapter Unidentified Local Sometimes Limited And Only, - Vista Network, Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - D- F-BA- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ecd a a d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip EnabledEthernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address -E -B -E -D -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled YesTunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled YesTunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CC AFF - - B -A -C F D br Vista - Unidentified Network, Local Only, And Sometimes Limited A Physical Address - - - - - - -E Vista - Unidentified Network, Local Only, And Sometimes Limited DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled YesTunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FA ECA - - -BE A-E C B C br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled YesC Users Radio Shack gt

A:Vista - Unidentified Network, Local Only, And Sometimes Limited

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or Windows 7Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands, each followed by the Enter key:Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalogReset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults: netsh int ipv4 reset reset.logReset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults: netsh int ipv6 reset reset.logReboot the machine.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402588/vista-unidentified-network-local-only-and-sometimes-limited/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hey I am currently having a Vista issue where I am only getting PUBLIC ACCESS to my network which consists of computers connecting together with a shared internet source going Internet Vista? Local Access. Only Unidentified Network; No out to each computer except the Vista machine Setup Desktop PC Windows Ultimate Internet source LAN ports shared for internet access throughout network with STATIC IP other for normal access through network and RDC Automatically Assign IP Wireless Card Not in use Notebook Lap Windows Ultimate Just wireless access to internet Media Center MC Windows HP Wired LAN access to internet Desktop PC Windows Vista HP This machine only has a LAN port on it and thats the only device connected to it I have a Linksys Router configured to send out wireless and also LAN configured to the Wired Desktops The notebook is the only thing to use wireless and occasionally my Windows Phone I have checked that each other computer thats connected is getting internet access and they are But when you jump on the Unidentified Network; Only Local Access. No Internet Vista? vista machine I can connect to each computer on the network and access shared folders and gear etc but cant access the internet I think this may have something to do with the computer only having the PUBLIC access and have tried to change it to HOME-WORK network profile but have had no luck changing it The only thing I can change it to is PUBLIC Network or PRIVATE Network and there is no options to pick what type of network profile you want to connect to If anyone has any suggestions and or fix please please leave an answer below If you need any more information on specs of any of Unidentified Network; Only Local Access. No Internet Vista? the device let me know Thankyou for any and all responses

A:Unidentified Network; Only Local Access. No Internet Vista?

This is because a Public network can be dangerous you need to change it to Private network for Internet Access

Go to start

Control Panel

Network and Internet > Network and Sharing center

then click Customize

and select Private

Enter an Admin Password if UAC Appears

Then Restart your Computer and check the Internet connection

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/283381-unidentified-network-only-local-access-no-internet-vista.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello,

I apologize for my English as it is not my native speech.

So I encountered a problem. I connected my internet cable to PS3, and after about 10 minutes connected it back to my PC and it shows me the problem: Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration and Unidentified network. It wasn't the first time I connected my internet cable to PS3, though I had the same problem in the past, I just did what was written in troubleshooting and it helped, but not this time. There was no internet connection on PS3 also. I read a lot of solutions, but it didn't help so I thought maybe someone could help. Please write if you need some additional info, as I am not very tech savvy. Thank you in advance.

P.S. 1)Wireless is working fine. 2) My internet is not connected through router.

A:Unidentified network and Local Area Connection problems

Try unplugging the modem for 30 seconds then pug it back in and connect your cable to your PC. A lot of time with modems its registered by MAC addresses. This is why its a good idea to get a router (The MAC address will never change).

If its still not working after that you might have to call your ISP and let them reset it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279909-unidentified-network-local-area-connection-problems.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello everyone my roommates laptop has been having issues connecting ever since i got rid of the old Modem Router ISP ComcastOld Modem Router access/ Windows Local network Unidentified vista ArrisNew ModemMotorola SB SURFboard DOCSIS Cable ModemNew RouterASUS Dual-Band Wireless-N Router RT-N U Laptop SpecsWindows Vista Home PremiumToshiba satellite a Processor intel celeron cpu ghzRAM GB bit OSSo what happened is I decide to buy my own modem and router returned the one comcast was charging me for I bought the ones stated above My computer and my laptop had little to no issues connecting to the new router My roommates connected then said local access limited or no connectivity It was connected for a little bit I Windows vista Local access/ Unidentified network tried Windows update cause I noticed a lot of things was out dated I thought it was fixed he told me the other day it wasn't Well now I Windows vista Local access/ Unidentified network cant get a connection at all What I have tried Google the problemI have been on Microsoft sites and various sites trying to fix it no luck Anti virus and firewall NO NORTON or McAfee installed Windows firewall disabled Installed malwarebytes No spyware malware dected Direct connection to modemI unhooked the router and plugged the ethernet cable to the laptop directly no luck Ive disabled the IPv connection No luck there either Updated the driversAtheros ARG EG wireless network adpaterRealtek RTL EFamily PCI-E Fast ethernet NICNo luck after that eitherScreen shothttp s postimg org h n p er message edited by Authority

A:Windows vista Local access/ Unidentified network

Ok....Now the laptop not connecting can you go back into network and connection sharing center, click on "manage connection" and then right click on the wireless connection, make sure both versions 4 and 6 are check and under the tcp/ip properties for both IPV4 & IPV 6 are set to "obtain an address automatically" and below to make sure it is set to obtain DNS server automatically. clicking ok. If that does nothing try setting the router to a specific channel rather than auto.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/windows-vista-local-access-unidentified-network/13550.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hey guys,
todays been a frustrating day. i am running win 7 and my LAC says "unidentified connection" no internet access. i can still connect wireless to other connection. i've searched online tried all kinds of things but they don't work. i am running comcast broadband connection through a marvel yukon ethernet. any ideas would be greatly apreciated. this is very important. i can't get my work done from home anymore!

thanks
nik

A:Unidentified Network-no access to local area connection

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Windows IP Configuration

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : TRENDnet
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::cd60:97c9:f106:e75%12
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.110
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.1

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : hsd1.mi.comcast.net.
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::b81e:d21b:cabf:1755%11
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 71.227.81.255
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.248.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 71.227.80.1

Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft 6To4 Adapter:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Tunnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter:

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 14:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 21:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 17:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 20:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 23:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 24:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 25:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 13:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 18:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 28:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 15:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 27:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 16:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 29:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 30:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 32:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 31:

Connection-specific ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220689-unidentified-network-no-access-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 74.39%

hey guys this is genuinely driving me metal ive read all the similar problems on the internet forums and cannot virgin Local unidentified internet, only, network!!!!!!!!!!!! Vista, for the life of me find the answer so here Vista, virgin internet, Local only, unidentified network!!!!!!!!!!!! goes here is what i have tried already updating the network driver enabling DCHP i dont know what that is by the way microsoft fixit none of that has worked ive seen that the log has been helpful for solving the problem for other users so here is my log Vendor TOSHIBA Machine Name Vista, virgin internet, Local only, unidentified network!!!!!!!!!!!! Satellite L VersionSL E- L EN CPU Maker GenuineIntel CPU Name Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz CPU Clock CPU Base Clock OS Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic OS Build OS SP Service Pack Ram TOP IP information ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rory-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Atheros AR G Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -E -E - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b a c b bf a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E- B- - E- - B- - A-E - C DNS Servers fe fd d a bd ef f NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - B- - A-E - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd f b f c Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe f b f c Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap - F- FAD-B A-F E C C A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes TOP Route information route print Interface List e e b Atheros AR G Wireless Network Adapter b a e c Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Software Loopback Interface e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e TO Adapter e isatap - F- FAD-B A-F E C C A e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft to Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Destination Gateway On-link On-link On-link ef ... Read more

A:Vista, virgin internet, Local only, unidentified network!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-virgin-internet-local-only-unidentified-network.1061902/
Relevancy 74.39%

hi all wondering if anyone can help as no one at bt can, they say its my computer?
basically i have been running windows vista and the bt home hub for over a year with no issuses,
I moved the computer so unplugged ect.. and put it all back the same way but now i can not get on line has unidentified network and local only, i have tried to reinstall the bt hub and broadband but can not get it to pick the hub up at all can any one give me a idea of what i can do ??
also have got bt to send me a new hub incase it was that changed all the wires but still not that so must be the pc, have heard it an be to do with vista?? but can i fix it!??

A:bt home hub to vista, unidentified network access local only ??

We will assist you here. Please do not duplicate your Post/Thread in the near future.

Closed!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bt-home-hub-to-vista-unidentified-network-access-local-only-500028.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi No Unidentified Network; LAN/Wired Connection Area Internet - Local Guys I have been experiencing this issue since days ago year on and was having no problems I am currently using a LAN/Wired Local Area Connection - Unidentified Network; No Internet Dell Studio XPS Windows -bit I am able to connect to the internet via wifi however to no avail with my LAN connection I have tried the basic stuff like changing LAN cables testing connection with other Windows Vista XP laptops and they worked except for mine I have tried methods posted online such as the netsh winsock reset disabling IPv setting static IP for IPv etc However none has worked for me Below is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Christopher Koh gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ChristopherKoh Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List nus edu sg mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - -F -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ed ea c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September AM Lease Expires Friday September AM Default Gateway fe d c cf f d fe b c b e bf fe e d aa DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - F- E- - - -F -C - DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB- B- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a b be f a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September AM Lease Expires Friday September AM Default Gateway fe e af bf a a fe d a c eafd fe b a c b db fe a d d d b fe d ef ef da c DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - F- E- - - -F -C - DNS Servers fe a c cfe a Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f a b bfa Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f a b bfa Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap nus edu sg Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Can anyone help me

A:LAN/Wired Local Area Connection - Unidentified Network; No Internet

You should automatically obtain your ip address, dns, and gateway, unless directed otherwise by your isp.
Did you "power down/power up" your cable modem and wireless router?
Check to make sure you have the latest driver for your network card.
Can you ping an ip address? Can you ping the router? Can you connect to the router?
Do you have to contend with a firewall from the National University of Singapore?
Researching more. Let me know about this...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/113193-lan-wired-local-area-connection-unidentified-network-no-internet.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello all This may seem like a few other posts on this Forum but I have Network, - Business Unidentified Only Access Vista Local 64bit read them all and done all of the suggestions Vista Business 64bit - Unidentified Network, Local Access Only listed to fix this issue Nothing has worked so far Below you will find the list of things I have tried to fix the issue I didn t necessarily try them all at once I would try some and reboot then try something else reboot still no Internet Connection Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated thanks for any help Linda WINDOWS VISTA BUSINESS bit Service Pack Issue with Unidentified Network Local Access Only System has two NIC cards tired both System does not have any Wireless connections available only NIC cards Logged in under new profile same issue Can t ping default Gateway Things I have tried route delete ipconfig flushdns netsh winsock reset netsh winsock reset catalog Disabled IP protocol Disabled IP items on the network card Disabled Windows Firewall IOSYS System Mechanic HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services tcip Parameters Created new DWORD value under DisabledComponents value nbsp

A:Vista Business 64bit - Unidentified Network, Local Access Only

can we start by seeing an ipconfig /all please
ipconfig /all

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​

to do that:
Next

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-business-64bit-unidentified-network-local-access-only.1153053/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello I looked up this Wireless Local - only/unidentified Solved: problem network connection forum today as I saw it is a great place to get Solved: Wireless connection problem - Local only/unidentified network some help so I thought I d Solved: Wireless connection problem - Local only/unidentified network ask We switched our Solved: Wireless connection problem - Local only/unidentified network internet provider yesterday virginmedia to talktalk and the switch has been easy as pie for everything we have from the xbox to PCs to phones etc but my laptop simply will not do the same It picks up the network but no data comes back It just says unidentified network and local only I ve been fiddling with settings looking up troubleshooting guides looking at youtube help videos and yet I still have the same problem I ve been doing this for about hours now and it s driving me nuts It s a Toshiba laptop and runs vista if that s important I ve also seen that taking an ipconfig all shot and a xirrus screenshot also helps in this situation so i m posting below Please help Thanks for your time ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Rob gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name blahblahblah Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List dlink com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -D - -AE-EE DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c bf cdba f e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-D - C- - E- -A - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix dlink com Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- -A - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d a eabd e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-D - C- - E- -A - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FF D ED- C- - BF- F AB E br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Click to expand Note the top two results above are both our wifi networks we have a repeater upstairs too nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless connection problem - Local only/unidentified network

you have the : Atheros AR5007EG and vista - which have proved problematic - see the solutions below

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
however , you have a fixed IP on the wireless adapter - although that looks ok if the cable works
change to a dhcp - yes - see how below

If you connect to the router by cable is that working OK

Setup to Automatically get IP and DNS
VISTA
-----
Setup to Automatically get an IP and DNS (DHCP) - for Vista
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-TCP-IP-settings

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007

Over the last couple of years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

Please post a reply here , and keep us informed of the situation and how you finally resolved the issue.

To install the driver you will need to do the following

Extract the downloaded zip file into a folder on the PC
then

For Vista;
> Start Globe
> Control Panel
> System and maintenance
> Scroll down to Device manager
> network adaptors, click on the + &... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection-problem-local-only-unidentified-network.1069076/
Relevancy 72.67%

Okay so the laptop a couple of years old Acer Aspire won t connect to the internet all of a sudden and it Problem (Vista)? Conflict Internet Only Address Local - Network/IP Unidentified appears to only have occurred since we first connected the Ipad to the same network Often when we turns the laptop on around times out of it says local only where the internet information is but sometimes after several times of repeatedly turning it on and off and the router it will finally connect This morning however it won t at all Often when trying to connect to the internet a dialogue comes up explaining an IP address conflict the computer runs windows vista and we have tried literally everything under the sun we have attempted to update the driver this morning only to be told it is already the latest version Don t know what to do We have tried everything to our knowledge and more and none of the fixes on google seem to be effective PC World failed to do anything of any use also When connected via ethernet etc there is no problem so I am pretty sure its to do with the wireless and possibly this IP conflict nbsp Unidentified Network/IP Address Conflict Problem - Local Only Internet (Vista)?

A:Unidentified Network/IP Address Conflict Problem - Local Only Internet (Vista)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-ip-address-conflict-problem-local-only-internet-vista.1023613/
Relevancy 72.67%

There was lightning near my house today when it struck the power went out for a second and when it came back the Internet didn't work. And my network says Unidentified Network and when I troubleshoot it I get "local area connection" doesn't have a valid ip configuration. I'm not really sure what to do, I hope it isn't but it kind of seems like a hardware problem but I don't know enough to say so

A:Unidentified Network local area connection doesn't have valid ipconfig

If you have a cable modem, unplug power from it for about 2 minutes. Then power it up again. If you also have a router, unplug power from it for a short time, then power it up again. Then re-boot your computer. Let us know if this works. Who is your internet provider ? You may have to call them to do an electronic reset.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292347-unidentified-network-local-area-connection-doesnt-have-valid-ipconfig.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hey i am having problems connecting to Xbox live because it has no internet access and i have tried lots of things and nothing is working. here is the story behind it.... i had tried connecting many times before but it wouldn't work but one day i tried and i changed sharing on something (IDK what i forgot) and it worked so i had live for a couple of days. then one day my bro was online and the power went out in the house for a while, the next day i tried to connect and it wouldn't... on the when i plug in xbox ethernet to computer it says unidentified network on internet access. so can you help me connect thank you I got a cricket broadband modem on the usb

A:local area connection unidentified network no internet access Xbox

Joooooel> Can you tell us exactly how you have your network setup.

How the internet is coming in?: Your Internet Coming in? Is it going to another computer or to a Router?: Is the XBox Wireless or Hardwired?

Give us as much detail as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/153265-local-area-connection-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-xbox.html
Relevancy 72.24%

HI ALL I HAD THIS PROBLEM TRIED ALL THE RECOMMENDATIONS THAT CAME UP AFTER GOOGLING THIS PROBLEM BUT WORKED NONE FOR ME AFTER TWO WEEKS HEADACHE I FOUND A VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION AND NOW MY INTERNET WORKS ABSOLUTELY FINE WHAT internet UNIDENTIFIED SOLUTION SIMPLE only wifi) / PROBLEM, (local VISTA NETWORK no I DID WAS A SIMPLE SOLUTION BUT TO DO THIS YOU NEED TO CONNECT YOUR PROBLEM COMPUTER TO INTERNET SOMEHOW MAY BE USING CABLE NET VISTA UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK (local only / no internet wifi) PROBLEM, SIMPLE SOLUTION OR USING YOUR MOBILE PHONE A MODEM THEN SIMPLY UPDATE FOLLOWING DRIVER AND ALL PROBLEM DIES ----- gt open gt gt NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER ------ gt then from the left hand pane open gt gt MANAGE NETWORK CONNECTIONS ------- gt then right click on WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTION and select PROPERTIES -------- gt in the new window that has opened under the Networking tab click CONFIGURE --------- gt in the new window you have DRIVER tab in the middle click it then on this page click UPDATE DRIVER ---------- gt then select SEARCH AUTOMATICALLY FOR UPDATED DRIVER SOFTWARE as i told you at start that you have to connect your computer to internet somehow to do that you will see windows will find updated driver and install it after this installation UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK problem disappears and WiFi starts working fine Hope this helps and saves others from going through the pain that I had to for last two weeks Good Luck Khurram Bhatti UK nbsp

A:VISTA UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK (local only / no internet wifi) PROBLEM, SIMPLE SOLUTION

Almost always it's best to get the latest driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site for an integrated adapter, otherwise from the adapter manufacturer's web site. But sometimes, as you say, you get lucky and whatever Windows finds works.

You can mark this solved using the button at the upper left of the page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-unidentified-network-local-only-no-internet-wifi-problem-simple-solution.1008474/
Relevancy 66.65%

unidentified network local only help Since upgrading to Comcast s new Xfinity modem wireless router my laptop can t connect to only network help" local "Unidentified connection, wireless No the internet wirelessly I m able to connect through Ethernet cable and every other device on my network No wireless connection, "Unidentified network local only help" mac mini iPhone HTC one Dell studio notebook have no issues whatsoever So frustrated Have seen multiple posts regarding same issue my apologies for a repost but I just can t figure this out Many many thanks in advance --Sheri ---- Here is the info after running the SysInfo download Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit No wireless connection, "Unidentified network local only help" Processor Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Not Updated ----- Here is the info after running ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users attaG RL gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name attaG RL-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ga comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ga comcast net Description LAN-Express AS IEEE g PCI-E Adapter Physical Address - - E- -DB-BF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c eb b a e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November PM Lease Expires Friday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap ARRIS Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ga comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users attaG RL gt nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Why is my Workgroup (WHARFSIDENET) local network identified on my Win7Pro PC as an "Unidentified (Public) Network"? Is this a Windows 7 bug?

From the "Network and Sharing Center", clicking on the "Park Bench" opens to the "Network Properties". Here, by default the network name (Unidentified Network) is automatically selected, but cannot be changed. Also, the network Icon can't be changed.

This local ethernet network is used for File Sharing and Remote Desktop Connections and works just fine. We use static IP addresses for our local network with no DNS server.

A:How do I Rename an "Unidentified" Local Network

Press the windows key and the pause/break key. Then on the left click Advanced system settings. In the box that opens go to the Computer Name tab. Then try clicking the Change button to change your Workgroup name.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/202411-how-do-i-rename-unidentified-local-network.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I am having trouble connecting to my local area connection as it is coming up as a public network. I am connecting through TP-link home plugs and it keeps saying it is an unidentified public network.
This what is showing up.
Any help is appreciated, I am at braking point here.

A:Unidentified local area connection

Do you have iTunes or Adobe photo shop or Adobe CS3 installed on this system?

Can you post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/268800-unidentified-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 57.19%

You know the deal.... internet of course is not working...I tried recommended reset in cmd...but its not working....any other ideas wat might be the problem?

Relevancy 54.18%

hello. i have a windows 7 professional 32 bit
i have been having problems trying to connect to the internet today. last night it was perfectly fine
it either says identifying... unidentified network. when i troubleshoot it says windows cannot automatically detect this network's proxy settings
my other netbook (the one i am using right now) can connect as well as other computers here, to the same network
i tried connecting through a cable but it also says unidentified network.
for six hours i've been trying solutions i've read but to no avail. i tried system restore but it keeps on failing.
please help. thanks

A:UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK windows could not automatically detect network's proxy settings

i used this with win7 to overcome the problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/71408-unidentified-networks-set-private-public.html?filter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-windows-could-not-automatically-detect-networks-proxy-settings.1098970/
Relevancy 54.18%

I've freshly installed Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit on my system that previously had Ubuntu installed, and prior to ubuntu had win7 ultimate installed. With the fresh install of win7, I receive an unidentified network/no network access issue.

Heres a list of things ive tried:

- reset the network adapter
- restarted the modem and the router
- messed around with homegroup
- reset tcp/ip
- tried connecting to a specific ip/dns/default gateway (which i retrieved with a laptop)
- ip /release /renew although i wasnt successful

Ive tried almost every single thing I could find on google. Nothing works. I connect fine on ubuntu and I connected fine on ultimate.

I havent tried installing drivers though. Because I cannot access the internet on that machine to install those drivers. Help is much much appreciated as I am tired of ubuntu.

Thanks,

j

A:Fresh install of Win7 *unidentified network/no network access*

Welcome to the forums bietzshe,

I don't know much about 7 Enterprise, but I imagine you would need to install the Lan/Network drivers for your Motherboard.
Is your motherboard the P67 FTW? Do you have a driver CD for it? If not then you will need to head over to EVGA - EVGA Download Center find your motherboard from the drop down list and download and install the Network driver there.

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292757-fresh-install-win7-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 53.75%

For some time now my internet would be fine for 1hour after booting up my computer and then the network would then fail to be recognized. I have followed multiple tutorials on the internet, with countless suggestions, where other people have had the same problem. Some seem to fix the problem for a short time and then it comes back a week later.

Currently I am having to use my phone to connect to the internet.

Any changes I have made to try and fix it I have reversed. Except when I formatted my PC to try and fix it but again was only temp fix.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Willing to remote if needed but do not know how good the connection would be through my phone.

Many Thanks

A:Unidentified Network - No Network Access - Win7 64bit

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would help me to diagnose this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243224-unidentified-network-no-network-access-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I had Windows Vista and everything was fine today Windows No Network Access, since - 7 Unidentified downloading Network I decided to use my free Unidentified Network - No Network Access, since downloading Windows 7 Windows upgrade and I can't connect through my router It started when I downloaded Windows and I went to connect and it showed my network it said quot Unable to connect to quot network quot quot Then after a little why it didn't even show my network their at all It just said quot Unidentified Network No network access quot Unidentified Network - No Network Access, since downloading Windows 7 I've tried nearly everything I'm connected now through the modem but obviously I want to fix this situation with my router so I can Unidentified Network - No Network Access, since downloading Windows 7 connect through my router Also every since I got Windows I can't go to my routers IP address at http - it just won't open the page I was going to reset all router settings to default but it wouldn't let me access it I did read a lot of the other threads on this subject I've tried Disabling then Enabling Local Network Connection didn't work Please help me guys

A:Unidentified Network - No Network Access, since downloading Windows 7

This problem usually has to do with a secondary default gateway in the Windows 7 network adaptors Ipv4 settings. The link below shows you how to fix that problem.

http://pocketpccentral.net/blog/2009...blem-resolved/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/89905-unidentified-network-no-network-access-since-downloading-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Aight let the fun begin When I turn on my computer I roll some dice to see if my internet is going to work If I role anything besides a my internet doesn't work It starts with trying to identify a public network and continues to try to identify it for hours on end I have tried many solutions spent hours on the phone with HP customer support linksys router support my internet company time warner cable and many other chat sites which as you can see since im here have had no success On my network Unidentified Networks followed by by Network Network Public followed Multiple Vista and XP computer as well as a Xbox I've tried every combination on the network to see if something unplugged would fix the problem no success The best part is when my Vista computer is connected to the internet sometimes my xbox cannot Unidentified Network followed by Public Network followed by Multiple Networks connect to xbox live When I unplug the Vista ethernet cord or disable the internet connection my suddenly can connect to my router and the internet flawlessly There are no conflicting IP addresses on my system I already checked for that Identifying Public Network Solutions Unidentified Network followed by Public Network followed by Multiple Networks to try and fix this None of them work effectively if I say a prayer it might work for half a day then go poopy again -Restart modem -Unplug modem -Restart router ive checked for any router fixes updates as well as bought a new router to see if helped no success -Unplug router -Static IP Fun fact about this one I made a static IP doing all that good stuff even have my port forwarded which is a Linksys and does a funky thing I am allowed to play online games and am also able to use instant chat messangers like skype aim and msn However when I attempt to connect to browsers such as Firefox Internet Explorer Google Chrome Opera or any other web-based browser it shows a constant loading screen followed by a unable to connect to internet screen If I take off the Static IP it goes back to trying to identify a public or unidentified network -Disable Enable the Network -Uninstall Network Driver Reinstall -Update Driver -Diagnose -Restart Computer -Went into regedit and tried their registry edit solution Windows Vista cannot obtain an IP address from certain routers or from certain non-Microsoft DHCP servers Fun thing about this one When doing their solution to this it had no effect When I am not recieving a Public or Unidentified network my Vista loves to throw a curve ball at me and tell me their are multiple networks connected I've tried directly connecting my Vista computer to my modem thinking quot Hey that should fix it quot Wrong Any help would be much appreciated Thanks in advance I'll try to check this post as often as I can but since my Vista computer cannot connect to web browsers I'll have to check it when my XP computer isnt in use by another family member Thanks again

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/197968-unidentified-network-followed-public-network-followed-multiple-networks.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Guys and Gals So i have a problem trying to connect unidentified home change network network to - Public cant my PC Via Ethernet wireless can connect but i m wanting wired as the signal strength is poor and of cause wired is faster ive never had wired connection on my PC and the problem has only just came about after moving home Public network - unidentified network cant change to home i digress so in network sharing its is showing my wired connection as unidentified public network - IPv Connectivity - no network access IPv Connectivity - no network access Now i have tried the following - resetting router i have fibre so reset both - reset pc - uninstalled reinstalled and udated drivers for Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller - turned off firewall - turned of anti virus anti spyware - manually assigned IP - automatically assigned IP - installed protocol on IPv and IPv - deleted network from my computer and reconnected - changed my security settings to low disabled then reset them back after no change ip config - Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Ryan gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c f c fd e d IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe b fe a Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap F D- - - C -AD A B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fb f f ff Link-local IPv Address fe f f ff Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap FF F D- BF - A-A D- A F E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap E A - - BD -B - B FDD A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Any help with this would be great as i said i have a connection via wifi so im not gonna hang my self just yet but would really like some insight into the problem Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all,
I have tried all the similar solutions to my problem but non eworks.

I have just installed WIndows 7 Home 64bit.
Wireless works (slooooooow).
The cable from my Billion router/modem is recognised but does not work.

In network and sharing centre I can see Wireless as Home Network and cable as:

Unidentified network - Public Network (no link = can't change it).
The 4 TCP/IPv4 is set at automatic. Even if I put the Billion default address 192.168.1.254 and subnet and gateway nothing.

Tried going into ipconfig and it gives me a 169.254.176.23 (=no internet connection then, but I knew that).

The wireless IP is correct at 192.168.1.2

From what I have understood from all the fora I have to change the network from Public to Home.

How do I do it?

I would be very grateful for any sort of help.

A:unidentified network - public network Windows 7 64bit

Hi Villas

Networks\Connections is not my area but this will show you how to change from public to home network - Network Location - Set as Home, Work, or Public Network

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181627-unidentified-network-public-network-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello Forums I'll start off with the scenario that brings me here Today I managed to redecorate my bedroom where my computer sat on top of a shaky wooden desk That desk is now gone caput and replaced by a much bigger sturdier and prettier glass replacement Before I dissasembled the computer to re-decorate I was able to browse the internet at ease There were no Network; - Powerline Unidentified No Network Adapters Access problems at all However after the new desk was setup - and all Unidentified Network; No Network Access - Powerline Adapters wires replaced in their correct slots Unidentified Network; No Network Access - Powerline Adapters I find that I am unable to connect to the internet or Unidentified Network; No Network Access - Powerline Adapters even the house's network For the past year I have been wired to the router using a RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC It was plugged into an extension cord in my room into the Ethernet port in the back of my computer Downstairs it's twin was situated no less than feet away from the router - plugged into the first port Now when I boot up the computer the network notification presents the following message quot Unidentified Network No network access quot and sometimes presents a yellow next to it So I am reduced to typing on my mother's laptop - which has no problems connecting to the network I am able to use the ipconfig release command but unable to use the renew - it hangs in the command prompt then tells me that the DHCP server cannot be located The IP beforehand was reverted to - before all of this I was I've been attempting all sorts of fixes for the past hours To no avail any help would be greatly appreciated EDIT I'll also mention that the DNS server and IP settings are set to automatic EDIT Windows Network Diagnostics have determined that quot Local Area Connection quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration

A:Unidentified Network; No Network Access - Powerline Adapters

The router itself would present you with a new Local Area IP, thus the prefix of 192.168.0.*, so I can almost guarantee that it's not your computer acting up. Personally, I'm not too sure on why or how it gave your computer the middle-finger, but it seems to be the culprit..

I'd try resetting your router back to Factory Default settings (Unplug its power source for about 5-10 minutes), plugging everything back in, and seeing how it goes from there.

EDIT::

Also, when you get the chance, I'd check to see if there are any available firmware updates for your router... just saying. Hope all is well mate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200400-unidentified-network-no-network-access-powerline-adapters.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

I've instaled TuneUp Utilities on my PC. It was working fine. Then I've run some optimisations and now I don't have an internet connection.

I've tried all the fixes in the site, but nothing works.

Here is the info:

" Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . :
%.`#(-PC Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter %'&(g- ,`%&." "`j'* :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 94-39-E5-28-84-C2
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.100(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, April 04, 2015 3:05:19 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, April 04, 2015 5:26:48 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled"
Please save me!

A:Unidentified network / Limited Connectivity to a wireless network

moved to network forum

those utilities can often cause issues - if they do a registry clean-up - not recommended

lets start with a tcp/ip reset

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista - Windows 7 - Windows 8 and Windows 10

For Windows Vista through to Windows 10Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):For Windows 8 To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter
Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter
Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied
This often occurs with windows 8

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility
also the link has a Microsoft Fix it , which will do the above for you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/unidentified-network-limited-connectivity-to-a-wireless-network-979730.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi i have recently made hardware changes to one of my computer the build now looks (win7) unidentified network-no network access like this AMD - x - black edition Mobo - M N -VM unidentified network-no network access (win7) I formatted the drive and a fresh install of windows When the computer starts up for the first time all the drivers install properly but in the bottom left i have a message unidentified network-no network access (win7) saying unidentified network - no network access I have searched around online for possible solutions and here is what i have done so far - uninstall network driver and restart computer - made sure my internet protocol V is set to obtain ip automatically - reinstall windows - installing drivers for m n -vm manually I have computers on this router none of which needs the network connection to be set up with setup wizard This computer wont connect though I m all out of ideas as to why Windows IP Configuration Host Name vincent-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - - C-C - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ce cc a d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -C - - - C-C - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B E-DFB - FC -A EB- FB DD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I can see that i don t have a default gateway When i try to make changes to internet protocol of ipv i choose an ip with the same first digits as the other computers in my house and setting the gateway to the same one as the others When i do this it freezes and says not responding nbsp

A:unidentified network-no network access (win7)

Do not start multiple threads on the same topic. You have replies here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-no-network-access-win7.968050/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi. this site had a post of a similar problem, but the suggestion did not fix my problem. So, I thought I might post my problem specifically and see if anyone has any suggestions.
I have 2 different laptops. both running Windows7 and connecting to the internet wirelessly. within a few days of each other they both began to display "Currently connected to: Unidentified network No network access" and they will not let me get on the internet. It is not my router becuase It shows the same thing no matter where I try to connect. I have tried my gym and a local restaurant that I have always had success connecting to before. Furthermore my WindowsXP desktop is directly connected and is connecting to the internet without any problems. My laptops are both running AVG for antivirus. Any ideas?

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone quick story to detail my exact problem though this thread showed the same problem with no working solution for me I installed Win on a separate partition use Win Ultimate x normally and was using it It worked fine I connected my iPhone to charge it when the phone automatically activated a tethering app This instantly switched my wired network connection to the USB connection which I immediately disabled As soon as I did that my wired connection my hard wire internet not the tethered iPhone connection stopped working and showed the network only as quot Unidentified network Thus the error Now I followed all of the instructions in the previously linked thread I even reformatted my hard drive to for Unidentified network home error Network no avail Microsoft support wants me to pay not gonna happen Furthermore I know it isn't a router or actual network issue because my desktop is the only machine with that problem My xbox was streaming TV over the same network when it all occurred and Unidentified Network error for home network it is doing so as I type this I switched the cables obviously rebooted multiple time the whole nine yards What makes it worse is every time I try to diagnose the problem Windows just tells me to reset my router I even tried that but obviously it didn't work After every reboot my IP changes back to a address Every time I manually set it no change It seems like no matter what I do it won't get fixed The only thing Microsoft support said I should do is search for updated drivers for my NIC This shouldn't be necessary since I reformatted once before and I didn't need to update my drivers to access the internet I'm about a day away from just scrapping the whole thing for parts Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Unidentified Network error for home network

It sounds like your machine is having a hard time picking up the router. The 169 address is what you get when the router isn't being picked up by the machine. It's like a generic IP that Msoft uses when nothing is available.

You also take your chances plugging anything Apple into a Windows PC, seems to be when the problem started. That is what the entire Bonjour fiasco is about.

Have you tried updating the firmware on your router because something doesn't seem right there.

Updating the drivers might also be good advice. You haven't listed any system specs so I can't do that for you.

If all else fails you could try typing your default gateway from your router into your IPv4 settings window. The link below shows you how.

http://pocketpccentral.net/blog/2009...blem-resolved/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221844-unidentified-network-error-home-network.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone A few days ago my computer was infected with OpenCloudSecurity spyware and after multiple virus spyware No network access, network error unidentified scans I finally got rid of it Unfortunately sometime during this my Toshiba Satellite laptop No network access, unidentified network error stopped connecting to my WiFi I know it's not the router or modem because my phone and my brothers laptop the one I'm using now still connect fine I even tried connecting it directly to the modem I've searched up and down on different forums on the net for fixes and tried many of them unfortunately to no avail Usually when this stuff happened I would just restore my system Upon trying to my disappointment no restore points Damn I tried fixing my registry with WinASO Rescanned with my virus scanners Disabled and Re-enabled the Network card Reset the ipconfig setting under command prompt I'm at a loss at this point and it's been going on a week that it hasn't connected If anyone could help me you'd be a life saver Thanks a bunch P S - Not sure if this helps but here's my copy pasta'd ipconfig settings Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tom-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless No network access, unidentified network error LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - A- - -F -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN PCIE Netwo rk Adapter Physical Address - A- - -F -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d eb c aa Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - -E -CA-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A CD-D - C - D -CC D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C windows system gt

A:No network access, unidentified network error

Welcome to SF,

Try resetting both TCP/IP and Winsock:
Click on Start=> All Programs => Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.
Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log press enter
Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log press enter
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog press enter
Restart the computer after.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190406-no-network-access-unidentified-network-error.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone

I have recently installed windows 7 (64) and wanted to put more RAM in. I started off with 2Gb and added 1 Gb of ram to make 3Gb (No problems Here). I then added another 2Gb of ram bringing it up to 5 Gb (Now the fun begins!)

Windows 7 runs fine and I can play games with the 5Gb...but... I can't seen to get on the internet! It comes up saying unidentified network! I take out the 2Gb and everything is ok again and i can get back online and everything.

I was told to make sure all my drivers are updated which I did and they are all up to date.

Please help, does anyone have any answers??

A:Ram affects Network card?? Unidentified network?? Win 7

What if you use this driver: Marvell: Download Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/40849-ram-affects-network-card-unidentified-network-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello there; My windows 7 computer was connected to my home's wireless network yesterday perfectly normally. I drove last night to my mother's house and proceeded to connect to her own wifi router wirelessly. Although my sister's computer that's on windows 7 connects ably, and both our iPhones connect, my computer will not. My computer finds the network( it is unsecured without a password if that makes a difference ) connects, receives an ipv4 address in ipconfig, yet does not obtain Internet access. It labels the network as an "unidentified network". If you do know how to fix this problem, please let me know; I will be forever in your debt.

Ipconfig /release tells me "The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation." Despite having run CMD as an administrator.

A:Unidentified Network Error on working network

You just need to re-identify the network with windows.

Last time you may have checked the bx at the bottom by mistake.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/199070-unidentified-network-error-working-network.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Ive just installed W7 7600 HP on to one of our work PC's and it says its connected to an unidentified network. I cant change it to work network or even Home network but the strange thing is its working fine. All our other PC's can see it and share files on it etc and i have internet access on it.
This is the second time ive installed HP and the second time this has happened. In the past ive been using Ultimate and this didn't happen.
We use static IP addresses for our internal network with no DNS server.

Anyone got any ideas how i can change this network location. Im using HP as im testing it out for when my copy arrives in Oct but if this is a problem related to HP i might think again.

Cheers.

Dave.

A:Cant change unidentified network to work network

I guess i cant delete this thread but ive sorted it out.

Mods, if you can delete this thread please do so.

Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/18393-cant-change-unidentified-network-work-network.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Well I have searched and fought with this on my own long enough apparently i need help! My desktop cannot see my network. The network itslef runs fine Xbox, phones kindle and this laptop have no probles seeing nor using the network.
I have run ipconfig /all tried reseting Tcp/IP to no avail. what else can I do?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840 Processor, x64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 2815 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM), 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 100000 MB, Free - 57089 MB; G: Total - 426882 MB, Free - 200273 MB; H: Total - 426884 MB, Free - 11964 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M4N68T-M-V2
Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 52.46%

so i've been trying to fix this for the best part of a week now and its finally got the better unidentified network no network wired access of me and i'm resorting to doing the thing no man wants to do and i'm wired unidentified network no network access asking for help My comp just doesnt seem to be able to get a connection through wired unidentified network no network access the ethernet anymore which is considerably faster and more reliable when it does work all i'm getting is unidentified network no network access i have tried running the troubleshooter disabling the wired unidentified network no network access windows firewall and avg but no joy checked the ip is dynamic reset router adapter and pc tried some reset dns catalog command tried ammending the network type and values in the NIC adapter properties none of these worked so i set them all back to what they were before and nothing has made any difference also tried an ip config release and renew but again nothing thanks in advance for your help heres the ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Gumdrops gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Gumdrops-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Edimax EW- PIn Wireless PCI-Express Ad apter Physical Address - F- F-E -CE-AB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c b bb d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- B-A - -BC-AE-C - F-C - A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address BC-AE-C - F-C - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e cb bec d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- B-A - -BC-AE-C - F-C - A DNS Servers fd d e c a ff fe c NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A- - -A E- C F D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BFD -AA B- EC -B -A DFB AA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/394078-wired-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hello everyone

i'm facing a big problem xD my laptop doesn't connect to my wireless network, neither by cable (wired). i dunno what happened to it, it was working good

i googled for a solution, but nothing worked

here's a photo to clear it a little bit more

what the hell did happen to my laptop!!? i didn't change network settings at all!
pls help me

thanks in advance

A:(Unidentified Network - No Network Access) Issue

Hi Asem and welcome to SF.
Read this tutorial and see if it helps- Internet Troubleshooting Guide[2]=Networking Internet

Also see- Unidentified Networks - Set as Private or Public[2]=Networking Internet
Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/155845-unidentified-network-no-network-access-issue.html
Relevancy 52.46%

On my laptop I just noticed this appearing when I hover over the Wifi bar indicator in the right hand corner.

I have no way of deleting this connection, I also don't need it nor do I know how it got their in the first place. It also shows up as a Public network. Furthermore, in Network Connections it shows up as TAP - Windows Adapter V9. I can't delete it but I can disable it.

There is no option to remove from the Network and Sharing Centre. Any suggestions on how to delete/remove?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/396164-lan-connection-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I got help to a BSOD problem in the crashes and bugs forum. Impressed with the help i received i was hoping to get help for a network issue ive had for a while.

I am using a cablet connection with my Zyxcel P2602 HWT modem. The modem/router is provided by my internet provider. It also supports a wireless connection.

When i start my computer both the connections is fine. After a while though the cabled connection is said to be unidentified. It works as a local connection, but has no internet access. When i run the diagnoses for the connection it again recognize the network and its working fine for a while until the same happens.

I tried upgrading the driver without luck. The version now says Atheros AR8121/AR88113/AR88114 PCI-E ethernet Controller (NDIS6.20
Driver date: 11.06.2009

If there is information needed ill be happy to provide.

A:Network problem - Unidentified cabled Network

Hello DonkrDjay, welcome to SF!

As a test, can you check what IP number your router gives you (through its DHCP server i hope) when it works well?
Then when it stops working... is it still the same or did you get a totally different IP for your PC?

Second, if posible, could you post snips of your router DHCP settings?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/174193-network-problem-unidentified-cabled-network.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Well i had the problem when im doing the ICS between a computer with internet win and a computer with ethernet cable Winxp When i unplug the cable or the other computer restart or whatever i get the message of quot unidentified network quot quot internet innaccesible quot quot no Network Access quot etc I know is a kick in the balls and its so hard to know what Unidentified in access at 7 ICS Network, Fix network No for Windows is the problem cuz is a little bit tricky i have searched everywhere and nothing helped me out i tried bridged updating drivers disabling enabling parameters disabling firewall editing gpedit etc it was driving me nuts just watching the quot Public Network Unidentified Network quot I have tested and i did the next config doing lots of trial and error Worked perfect for me I hope it helps you out too guys Fix for Unidentified Network, No network access at ICS in Windows 7 Do the steps in the next order Both computers in same Workgroup Both computers with bonjour disabled or deleted In CMD delete route In my case Internet router Wlan Win Ethernet Lan Winxp The pc with the internet Share the internet of Wlan then go to Lan gt Properties gt ipv disabled ipv ip assigned when u share the internet submask default Default Gateway Here you put the ip of the gateway created to share internet This is the most important to remove the quot public network quot and unidentified thing The name of it in my computer is quot Residential Gateway Device quot DNS DNS Pc client Get automatic IP option this is important DNS DNS And youre done I hope it works for you guys i really Fix for Unidentified Network, No network access at ICS in Windows 7 have passed frustrating times to get this thing working properly i test often pluging and unpluging the ethernet just to see Fix for Unidentified Network, No network access at ICS in Windows 7 if this still working and it does Notes The DNS are from google dns Sorry for my english

A:Fix for Unidentified Network, No network access at ICS in Windows 7

Interesting that the default gateway 0.0.0.0 can also be problematic with a regular network connection as well.

In both cases typing in the default gateway resolved the issue as described in the link.
Windows 7 Unidentified Network, Limited Access, No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/281119-fix-unidentified-network-no-network-access-ics-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

I have a BT modem which incorporates a wireless modem and 4 switches for hardwiring via ethernet.

I have had to set up a long ethernet cable because the wireless signal does not reach. The ethernet cable is less than 100 m. (About 30m).

I know that the ethernet cable works properly. I know that the modem receives the internet becasue I can connect to it wirelessly via another computer (laptop).

I also know that the wireless modem requires a password.

When I connect with the ethernet cable and bring up 'Network and Sharing Centre'. I find that I get 'Unidentified Network' (Public Network). When I try repairing with Windows Network Diagnostics this does not solve the problem.

Any ideas?

Nevica

A:'Unidentified Network' in Network and Sharing Centre

If you are trying to setup a Wireless connection then the logon name and password must be EXACTLY the same as the original setup.
If you can position the receiver( the comp) close to the sender( router/modem) then when it is up and running you will be able to see how strong the signal is. Then when you move the comp to where it is going to be used you will see how much drop off you are getting. If you are getting substantial drop of in signal strength then look around for how to improve the signal .
NB. Signal strength can be affected by moving the Modem as little as 25mm.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/263793-unidentified-network-network-sharing-centre.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there I noticed there was another front page thread that was a similar problem to this but I didn t want to hijack the thread A few days ago after having my PC Windows turned off for about days due to not having a monitor I turned it on and suddenly was experiencing the little yellow triangle over my LAN connection in the windows tray It says Unidentified Network - No Network Access Im using a wired connection to the router which is a Belkin and I haven t had any issue like this in Network - Access No Solved: Network Unidentified the years i ve had this PC I have tried a few fixes that I found online but haven t had any luck and it has me completely stumped Im posting this off my MacBook Pro which is wireless and isn t having Solved: Unidentified Network - No Network Access any problems nor are any other wireless connections in the house iPhones PS etc I have AVG free installed on the PC I would post ipconfig results on here but im not sure how to do that because I have zero net access on the PC Thanks in advance for any help given nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I just moved to Peru for my study abroad. When I first connected to the wi-fi in my homestay I was successful. Suddenly, I cannot get internet access and it says it is an "unidentified network". I have tried manually inputting IP addresses, DNS, etc. I have tried forgetting the network and disabling my virus protection. I can't even get internet when I plug an ethernet cable into my computer, directly into the router. My laptop is the only thing that isn't working, other people's computers work and my iPod and smart phone work with the network. I have a Lenovo Win7 PC, running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

A:Cannot get internet access on wireless nor local area, "unidentified"

Hello barooke Welcome to the Seven Forums!

The place to be is in the Control Panel>Network & Sharing Center. Note the image here.

Once you click on the link you will find the troubleshooting options for internet connection at the top as well as for network adapters. If you select the network adapters option select the "all adapters" option as well as the advanced which will see the automatically fix errors box already checked off.

You should be seeing a large red X right inbetween the network name on your laptop like unknown and internet when first opened. If the first attempt using the network adapters option works that will become a solid line as seen in the image there.. Clicking on the red X itself is the same as selecting the internet connections options which also sees the automatically fix errors box checked off under Advanced.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/245456-cannot-get-internet-access-wireless-nor-local-area-unidentified.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I'm currently in the process of testing deploying IE in setup XML - file File Local Enterprise Local List Network, IE11 Manager or HTTP, Site our environment and I've begun testing on the IE Enterprise Site List manager I've read that there are a few different ways to configure the XML file to apply via GPO IE11 Enterprise Site List Manager XML file setup - HTTP, Local Network, or Local File per the article below nbsp HTTP Local Network Local File https technet microsoft com en-us library Dn aspx In my isolated testing I've chosen to use the local file method which is very easy to setup and use on a testing machine It looks like we have the flexibility to choose how we apply the XML file and I was curious what the best options are and why nbsp Also are there examples of each setup being used and the benefits downsides to each Here's the options that I can see using HTTP - setup an IIS website to host the XML file Local Network UNC - setup a UNC path on our DFS where we store the current XML file and users would have read only access to that location Local File - We could just deploy the XML file via SCCM package application when updates to the list are required Could anyone please point me towards some articles etc explaining the pro's and cons of these methods and why I might want to choose one over the other nbsp I'm leaning towards just using a DFS share and option because it doesn't require us to maintain an IIS site for it but I am curious to hear if there might be any downsides to this method or benefits to going with another method Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ffeba7b5-ee91-4622-a535-a16b90c4a41f/ie11-enterprise-site-list-manager-xml-file-setup-http-local-network-or-local-file?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 50.74%

laptop want connect to the internet but i have a connection

Relevancy 50.74%

I am working on one of the laptops that works I have the Netgear as my router and Belkins as my extender First of all have computers that work off the Netgear Only are working now The one that is not working is an HP using Vista bit Getting unidentified Network I have tried Unidentified Network these steps Clicked on start Double clicked control panel Double clicked Network Sharing Clicked on Network Setting Double clicked manage Network connections Double clicked wireless network connection Clicked Properties Clicked on internet Protocol Version TCP IP v Clicked install Clicked Protocol and Add There is nothing in my network Unidentified Network protocol to add There is nothing in the TCP either Looking at my other laptop the one I m on now has Reliable Multicast Protocol Have been searching and done everything that I can find and nothing works Found this web site and not sure if I should try this The web site is http www speedupnew com speed-up-internet connection-properties html connection-properties-details If you have better advice I would be appreciative I also Unidentified Network noticed that I m connected using Atheros AR b g Wifi adapter On another I have Realtek RTL SE Wireless Lan PCIE Adapter network nbsp

A:Unidentified Network

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007
Over the last three or so years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 4) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network.1105842/
Relevancy 50.74%

So we bought a new wireless router and my laptop says local only and unidentified network
The network page shows this: Computer----------unidentified network-------x------internet
I am currently running windows vista 64bit. please help!

Relevancy 50.74%

Following a crash (or maybe even the PC going to sleep, I'm not) in the night, my network has been playing up seriously.

Now, in the Network and Connection homepage, I appear to be connected to 'Unidentified Network', which has no internet access, and appears to be public.

I also have a bunch of errors in the Admin Logs about the DCHP not giving the computer an address.

How can I get it to detect the correct network again!?

I am wired; with an Nvidia 780i SLI, with a built in network adapter.

Hope someone will know what I can do to troubleshoot this. Thanks.

A:Unidentified Network - What's going on?!

Anyone got any ideas? I am absolutely stumped as to what to do next - I have replaced my router, but with no results. I have also tried updating my network adapter's drivers, restarting my PC, and when I plugged the LAN cable into the laptop, it worked perfectly.

Anyone else got any ideas? This is the first time this has ever happened.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unidentified-network-whats-going-on-427153.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all and hello Please can somebody help me I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop which acquired the horrible Vista Security virus after much messing about I got rid of it but then had issues with my Set Associations and eventually it went kurput So I then used my Toshiba recovery disc to wipe the laptop and start again which worked great apart form issues one minor which I have seen before and dealt with and Network Unidentified one which is doing me in completely i m on the verge of binning it and buying new Issue is on start up I get a can t open ACPI ATK kernal Mode Driver error message which I am sure I have had before but cannot remember how to get rid of it The nd is is when I try to connect to my network the laptop connects to the router but not the internet I have another laptops my phone and Ipod all connect but this one doesn t only local I have tried nearly everything and am desperate Unidentified Network I have removed firewalls reset the router done the reboot router etc any many many more things but still struggling The laptop is on Vista Home Premium And here is the result of a IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Unidentified Network Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name Georgia-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Unidentified Network Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -D - F- -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b f c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained June Lease Expires June Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- -AC- -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description isatap Home Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C C - A - E - B- B EFC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Many Thanks in Advance nbsp

Your network configuration looks ok. Usually when you can connect with the router and not the internet is because DNS is not working. Try rebooting your router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network.1000048/
Relevancy 50.74%

No matter what i seem to do, the Internet on my desktop does not work. It has worked before but something has happened... Im just not sure what. I am running Windows Vista 32. The motherboard i have is a XFX 790i Ultra.
Now to the point. I have tried everything from ipconfig stuff to configuring the adapters in the device manager. I really need help with this and i cannot find out anything.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi!
I connected my desktop to my vaio using a cross-over cable. I have set the ip adresses 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3 and connected to a homegroup. My desktop runs windows7 x86 and my vaio windows7 x64. File sharing is ok and i can view both computers on the workgroup, the only problem is that the network resets itself every restart. I have an Unidentified connection mark on my LAN connection on both computers and everytime i restart i have to set back both computers to a Home network. After restart the network is set to Work. Can someone tell me how can i fix this ?
Thank you!

A:Unidentified network PC-PC LAN

Ad-hoc networks don't stick after a reboot. It's the nature of the beast, afaik.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/93663-unidentified-network-pc-pc-lan.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,

Dell Dimension 9200
Windows VISTA Ultimate with 2G RAM
McAfee Security Center
Belkin 4 port cable Router
Hispeed Cable connection

Since a week my New computer does not connect to LAN and stays as Unidentified Network. Every day I should reset the Router to connect the LAN and Internet. There are 3 computers, and a Printer connected to the LAN. Problem is the same to all the 3 computers. Request help!

Thanx

Please supply the following info, exact models of the equipment please.

Make/model of the broadband modem.
Make/model of the router
Connection type, wired, wireless.

Have you connected a single computer to the modem to see if the problem still occurs without the router in the picture? Have you upgraded the router to the latest firmware? Have you done a factory reset and reconfiguration of the router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network.604167/
Relevancy 50.74%

sigh It seems like Unidentified network everything is breaking on me all at once Anyways My computer Windows Vista Business and it s running a static IP as per my network requirements I come in this morning and the computer is frozen Surprise Unidentified network not really Shut it down turn it on and get into windows Well next thing I know I can t go online Awesome Control Panel network and sharing centre and it shows that I m not even really Unidentified network connected to an Unidentified network It has the little yellow triangle with an exclamation mark and of course a red X from the network tot he internet You can t even diagnose what s wrong cause windows just tells you to talk to your network administrator and blah blah blah IPV is not enabled and my IP address is correct I ve gone from static to DHCP and pluggged it into a wireless router and that works with no problems Go back to static plugged into a switch and i ve got problems Makes no sense I ve tried resetting the tcp ip uninstall reinstall the drivers for the card and so on Just very strange that it was working a week ago and suddenly it s not working I can t do a system restore Any ideas I m thinking an sfc or a chkdsk to see if that helps before I jump on the reinstall bandwagon

A:Unidentified network

I can't do a system restore.....Why?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385353/unidentified-network/
Relevancy 50.74%

Now before you flip because I didn't search the forums..trust me I did search and I found a lot of people having this problem however none of the solutions worked for me. I have did things such as remove Bonjour, Stop services from Apple and Adobe, manually set my I.P. address, ping 127.0.0.1 with success, updated drivers, removed Microsoft office. Just trust me a HUGE list of things and none of them have helped me.

This all started when I had to restart my PC. My PC starts says the network is Unidentified, the repair tries to restart it, then suggest I restart my router, then says "Local area network is a invalid IP configuration."

We currently have 2 laptops (One with Vista the other with 7) and a desktop(XP) running on the network fine (Mine usually being the second desktop)

Windows 7 x32
4GB RAM
500GB HD
AMD Phenom II Black Edition 3.1Ghz
Nvidia 9800GT

Just reformatted my computer........STILL DOSN'T WORK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181390-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello
well my laptop, when i connect with the internet cable it shows me:
unidentified network
no internet acess
how can i sort this out?
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, Intel core i5-480M

A:unidentified network

I think its not a big issue, because of sometime my ADSL connection also display like that. I think you can access the internet without any issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/215900-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
I'm on Windows 7 32 bit.
2 network card in your PC. One of them stuck on the Internet, to another on the Xbox 360. The internet is working but the Xbox 360 Amra it says: Unidentified network. Swap the cables, even if it is the same. If it flips to that which you can plug it into your internet does not work. Would be very important. THX in advance.

PS: Sorry for my bad Angol, it's not my native tongue.

A:Unidentified network. HELP ME!

It sounds in essence that you are basicly creating an ad hoc network using your second NIC with your Xbox. First be aware, depending upon the NIC(s) on both devices, older cards do not support auto midx (automatically crossing over a straight cat 5) so a cross over cable may be required. Other wise read this article Using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) it's a vista walkthrough but the technique is the same. And also since it is an ad hoc network please read the three caveats regarding ics and ad hoc networks at the bottom of the article.
Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/126141-unidentified-network-help-me.html
Relevancy 50.74%

what is an unidentified network? how come it's unidentified?

A:unidentified network

An unidentified network is simply a network that you've connected to but have set no "preferences" to. When I connected to my wireless network for the first time, it gave me the option to choose either "home", "work", or "public" network. The biggest thing about doing this is that your wireless adapter will automatically connect to a network that has been "set up" by you when you connect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network.1084233/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I just installed a copy of Windows Ultimate bit version I Immediately got Marvell Yukon -bit Windows Unidentified Network drivers so I could connect to the internet Unfortunately I didn't copy the IP address and all that so I went on my sister's laptop and got it from there Everything worked fine the IP was good no errors However after actually saving the configuration it gave me quot Unidentified Network quot I use broadband to connect to the internet by the way but I need the LAN configuration so it works Well I can't figure out what to do I tried reinstalling updating drivers rebooting shutting down nothing works I can't even ipconfig release and ipconfig renew because it says Windows IP Configuration The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation What should I do IP Config All Quote C Users Charlie gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Home Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter DIGI Unidentified Network Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DIGI Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Unidentified Network Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI Gigab it Ethernet Controller Physical Address - A- D- - B-F DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fa fd c e cdd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - B- - A- D- - B-F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap FED - - D- F- A F B E F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address c b c b Unidentified Network Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap B EFB - AAA- - -F CA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Charlie gt

Hi, Welcome to Seven Forums

You can't use IPCONFIG /release and /renew because your Yukon ethernet connection is not using DHCP.

Is your router that you are connecting to set up for DHCP?

Write the addresses down, then go into Network and sharing centre and change the connection settings to use DHCP (Automatically obtain IP address, and the bottom one Automatically obtain DNS server addresses).

What is the PPP DIGI adapter used for? Do you use your computer in multiple locations?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/235544-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am having a problem connecting to my home network with one Network? Unidentified of my computers I have several computers in my house with Unidentified Network? various operating systems some of which are connected to my router via Wi-Fi others via ethernet The one computer that I'm having the problem with is a Windows Professional bit desktop that I have connected via ethernet I have tested the cord I am using and the port on the router with another computer and experienced no problems so I think the problem lies within the desktop Here are the technical details Motherboard MSI H MA-E I am using the built in ethernet port Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX with driver version Included because I've read that some NVIDIA products are causing networking problems in Windows The part that has me most confused is that I can sometimes connect to the network without problem but the majority of the time I cannot All I get is quot Unidentified Network quot and quot No Internet Access quot Additionally I have discovered that I can always connect to the internet without problem when I plug the computer directly into my modem but I then cannot access other networked devices Please let me know if I missed any necessary information Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Unidentified Network?

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be most helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249908-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey all I've read more people have this issue but none of the solutions given seem to work Unidentified Network LAN for my problem I've been running on LAN Unidentified Network Windows for a month or so now without any problems Yesterday a SP update was performed in the afternoon and still no problems Around pm I put it into sleep and when I returned about hours later and started it up again the problem occured and has remained so Few LAN Unidentified Network things to note I have a router connected to another router which is connected to the internet The router closest to the modem gives me perfect wireless internet The second router also connects a LAN cable to my playstation which also works perfectly so the problem lies with my laptop I even connected it directly to the modem but still the unidentified network problem I've tried to Reset modem routers and laptop I've run the microsoft Fixit which didn't fix anything I've downloaded and installed the most update drivers of my ethernet I've performed a system restore to around the time of the update Nothing seems to work resulting in my laptop not being able to connect to ANY LAN cable network whatsover Wireless works fine but that just won't cut it for me Anyone know any good fix for this problem

A:LAN Unidentified Network

Please open an elevated command prompt, run an IPCONFIG /All command and post the results here.

Please * out any personal data and external IP addresses for your security

Also you state that this problem started after a sleep period - have you rebooted the system since this error started?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/171160-lan-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi. I got a new laptop with windows 8 yesterday and I'm having a problem. When I plug in my Ethernet cable for xbox live it says that it is an undefined network and has limited access. How do I fix this? Any replies would be greatly appreciated. P.S. I'm not very good with computers so if you could be patient that would be great. Thanks

A:Unidentified Network? HELP!

Hi RobertKing, welcome to the forums, go to Device manager and uninstall Network Adapter driver, reboot the laptop and see whether it fixes the problem.
Move the cursor to left bottom corner, right click to find Device Manager, in Device Manager right click Network Adapter, click properties to uninstall the driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/16399-unidentified-network-help.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I can't get the wired Ethernet Local Area Connection to connect I have been trying fixes for hours Nothing seems Network Unidentified to work I have just installed Win Professional I have installed all Win updates except IE I have updated all drivers with Lenovo system update I can connect wireless I can connect other PC's to my router My router Sonicwall company thinks it's a laptop issue The troubleshooter can't find the problem There are no red x's or yellow exclamation points in device manager Can someone please try to help Thanks Docfxit Windows IP Configuration Host Name DocfxitLT Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R LM Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address F -DE-F - -F - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Unidentified Network NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N Unidentified Network AGN Physical Address - - -AB-FB-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C-C B- -BDCB- ABB E F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A E - - E -A B - EE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I have not installed any firewall or antivirus I have the win firewall turned off IE Tools Options Connections LAN Settings proxy server is blank and UNCHECKED C windows system drivers etc hosts has nothing active When I ping I get Destination host unreachable When I ping I get four replies When I ping I get four replies

Bypass your router, take it out of the equation.

Connect directly to your modem via e-cable. ensure you do NOT have static ips for ANY address, even dns/dhcp.

You may want to shut down your computer and power cycle your modem before connecting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/171222-unidentified-network.html