Windows Support Forum

[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Q: [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 16.77%

I have an SSD Intel Series GB SATA Generic Single Pack which on my PC has a maximum speed rate at MB sec but on other PC has MB sec My PC features OS Name Microsoft Windows Enterprise Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation INTEL SSDSC BW A GB SATA quot SSD System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model OptiPlex System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Dell Inc A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory read SSD 264mb/sec slow rate C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot Installed Physical Memory RAM SSD slow read rate 264mb/sec GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total SSD slow read rate 264mb/sec Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys SiSoftware Sandra Benchmark Results Drive Score MB s Results Interpretation Higher Scores mean Better Performance Binary Numeral System base GB s MB s MB s kB s kB s bytes s etc Benchmark Status Result ID INTEL SSDSC BW A GB SATA quot SSD Computer Dell OptiPlex Dell GY Y Platform Compliance x System Timer MHz Use Overlapped I O Yes I O Queue Depth request s Block Size MB nbsp

A:SSD slow read rate 264mb/sec

There's a known issue with SSD storage:

SSDs degrade in performance overtime - -
​DON'T run benchmarks and you don't need defrag either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-slow-read-rate-264mb-sec.216431/
Relevancy 23.65%

While the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X has been praised for its compact PCB and powerful closed-loop liquid cooling solution, many Fury X owners noticed that the pump block included with the card emits an annoying high-pitched whine, ruining what...

Read more

A:AMD revises Radeon R9 Fury X pump block to kill high-pitched whine

Kill every sound, AMD, but the whining will continue...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-revises-radeon-r9-fury-x-pump-block-to-kill-high-pitched-whine.216096/
Relevancy 23.65%

Corsair is well known for its PC components spanning a range of categories -- from memory to cases, power supplies, cooling and more. But this year it's trying something new with Bulldog, a barebones, console-like Mini-ITX box that's designed for...

Read more

A:Corsair goes for the living room with Bulldog PC kit, supports liquid cooling and high-end hardware

The case looks downright awful too me. I wouldn't have that thing displayed in my lounge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-goes-for-the-living-room-with-bulldog-pc-kit-supports-liquid-cooling-and-high-end-hardware.213594/
Relevancy 24.94%

AMD is today launching the A10-7870K, a new, high-end desktop APU that provides minor spec bumps over the company's previous desktop APU flagship at a similarly competitive price point.

Read more

A:AMD launches the A10-7870K, a new high-end desktop APU

The pricing is what kicks Intel in the nuts, which is great if you going for a low budget computer and don't mind not having a dedicated video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-the-a10-7870k-a-new-high-end-desktop-apu.213480/
Relevancy 24.08%

Many in the PC gaming world are turning their attention to AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 300 series launch and specifically, the R9 390X. According to the latest scuttlebutt, this card will ship with two different SKUs - an air-cooled version...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon R9 390X variant will come water-cooled with High Bandwidth Memory

Having to resort to water cooling just to be on par with nvidia what a joke
amd with their hot running primitive brute force gpus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-r9-390x-variant-will-come-water-cooled-with-high-bandwidth-memory.212772/
Relevancy 24.94%

Oculus VR on Friday revealed the recommended hardware specifications needed to deliver the best experience when using its upcoming virtual reality headset.

Read more

A:A high-end PC will be needed for the best Oculus Rift experience

I don't get it? It's supposed to be peripheral device. like an LCD screen, just with inbuilt mouse pointer. What does your PC specs got to do with performance, other than necessity to setup the resolution for inbuilt displays? What does it mean 'games and applications created for the Rift in-house'? Does it mean it will require custom games and applications, no support out of the box for existing games? If that's the case, their VR is gonna die faster than 3D. Please tell Me I'm mistaken?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-high-end-pc-will-be-needed-for-the-best-oculus-rift-experience.213137/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,
the following are the specs of my computer:
Asus P8Z77-V- LX2 Motherboard
Intel i7-2600CPU @ 3.4GHz
16GB RAM DDR3 668.5MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti

I lag on almost every single game, including League of Legends, Maple Story, DotA 2. Most of these does not lag on my low-mid end laptop and I find it very annoying why has it been lagging on my PC. I thought it was a faulty graphics card back then when I had the ATI 6970M graphics card then I upgraded to the GTX 780Ti and it still lags.

I notice miracle happens when I was using my 6970M graphics card, whenever I uninstall and re install the driver of the graphics card at the "Manage my computer" program, the lag disables and I am able to play all games with no lag. However, after restarting, the lag resumes and I must repeat the same step to remove the lag. However, with my GTX 780Ti, it does not work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-end-pc-lag-while-gaming.213241/
Relevancy 16.77%

The Samsung 840 EVO has been one of the most troubled solid state drives since its mid 2013 launch. Last year, users discovered that the drive suffers from performance degredation in the long run, with read speeds dropping off dramatically...

Read more

A:Samsung addresses slow 840 EVO SSD performance with another patch

I have bought several 840 drives myself, and our newest machines at work have 120GB 840 Evos. After installing Magician 4.6, I was presented with the option to upgrade to the EXT0DB6Q firmware. I then disabled rapid mode, and ran the benchmark testing(with rapid mode enabled, you're basically measuring your RAM). I saw about a 200 MB/s increase compared to my lowest score for Sequential Write, and more modest gains elsewhere. Note that with Magician 4.6, Standard performance optimization is not supported on Windows 8 or higher. However, a new "advanced" option is available, that performs a complete rewrite, refreshing data and alleviating access delays. It took about 10 minutes to complete on my system with about 60 GB used. I'll be doing more testing, and anxiously awaiting a Mac compatible ISO, as Magician is not available for OS X.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-addresses-slow-840-evo-ssd-performance-with-another-patch.212470/
Relevancy 17.2%

I just purchased a to USB 2.0) as slow report USB be Could 2.0? hub 1.1 (too a -port quot USB quot hub with Power Adapter off eBay to replace a USB Could a USB 1.1 hub report as USB 2.0? (too slow to be 2.0) hub that I lost the power adapter for When I plug it in Windows claims to detect it as a quot USB Could a USB 1.1 hub report as USB 2.0? (too slow to be 2.0) hub quot and auto-installs the drivers for it but when I plugged my webcam into it I got a message telling me it would quot perform better if I plugged it into a USB port quot Suspicious I tried a few file copy tests to a Flash drive and it took over minutes to copy an M file to it plugged directly into a USB port it took about seconds I plugged the new hub into the exact same USB port my old unpowered hub was plugged into this is a new PC with USB ports No USB ports Removing the new hub and plugging my old one back in not only did file copy speed return to normal seconds for an M file but no quot speed warning quot when plugging my webcam into it So my questions are Could a USB hub incorrectly report it is a USB hub and Could it truly be a USB hub and it just installed the wrong drivers it s a generic hub and should use the same driver as the other PS I plugged the new hub into a USB port to see if it had any effect and the same M file copy took over minutes nbsp

A:Could a USB 1.1 hub report as USB 2.0? (too slow to be 2.0)

What is the make of the hub? The issue could be with the quality of the hub itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-a-usb-1-1-hub-report-as-usb-2-0-too-slow-to-be-2-0.212307/
Relevancy 46.44%

So basically how the title is.

My internet would drop out/freeze. Router doesn't indicate any change in service. I plug my laptop into the modem, and have prime speeds.

Restart the router. Works for awhile.
Reinstalled the firmware manually on the router.
Set the Channel off of "Auto" and put on various options of 9, 10, 11 to avoid clashes with other networks.

Freezes. Now the router indicates there's no connection. Drag the cord out of modem and test. Prime speeds.

Okay, screw this - I went and bought a new router yesterday because, sure, that Belkin one was 2-3 years old. Set it up with same channel settings, etc.
Same.
Freaking.
Thing.

I have a laptop that runs a VPN (for work) that uses it, plus multiple iphones (3) and ipads (2) an AppleTV and a Samsung smart TV.

Like, help me please here.

A:Internet Drops Out, Consistent Speed with Modem, New Router - no solution

OK, but lets solve on thing at a time 1) ignore the VPN at work and let's get the home router stabilized.
The mobile devices are difficult to diagnose, so 2) stick with the PC for now.

Standard questions:

did you update the ethernet & wifi drivers on the PC?
have you looked to ensure your new router has the latest firmware?
*if* you have a DSL connection to the ISP, do you have the line filters on EVERY device connected to the phone line EXCEPT the line to the modem? *MUST HAVE*
Got to get these right first.

THEN, find the MTU that's right for you AT HOME and set that into the new router:

get a command prompt
ping -l 1500 -f 8.8.8.8
as long as you see Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set., reduce the 1500 by 8 and iterate with the new number
:: record the MTU that works for your ISP at home
The router conf page is accessible using your browser and HTTP://your_router_address/
You need the router password
set the new MTU. Also set a new router password and save the settngs.

The wired connection should be solid at this point.

The wifi should also be better, as long as you avoid other stations with the same channel.
I assume you've see the post re inSSIDER for wifi setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-out-consistent-speed-with-modem-new-router-no-solution.212305/
Relevancy 23.65%

Leaked specifications from a pair of upcoming Intel Skylake processors have hit the web. If accurate, we could see Intel pumping out CPUs with high clock rates on par with the company's existing Devil's Canyon offering.

Read more

A:Leaked specs for upcoming Intel Skylake CPUs reveal high clock rates, 95W TDP and more

@shawn
I read that the performance jump between Broadwell and Skylake will be like what we saw with Prescott to Conroe. Do you believe this is possible with the unlocked Skylake-S parts? Have you heard this rumour?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/leaked-specs-for-upcoming-intel-skylake-cpus-reveal-high-clock-rates-95w-tdp-and-more.212186/
Relevancy 24.94%

So to clear out what my hardware is my core is an intel i LGA For a bit of background - A few months back I encountered this problem that my high temperature with too constantly Problem CPU fan started to malfunction Though a few hours later the fan started to work again I used a flashlight to look into the CPU and yeah it was spinning Both of Problem with CPU temperature constantly too high them at equal rates So onto the actual problem I few days ago I just got my PC fixed since my vid card malfunctioned Fearing it was overheating I downloaded speedfan and now constantly check my GPU temperature However what worries me now is that it constantly reads my CPU temperature to be around - Celsius The frightening thing is it s ALWAYS at that range Even when I just turn my computer on despite it being in air-conditioning the temp is always at that range I also asked the guy who fixed my PC and said that it was a problem but that C is standard for a PC that s been used for hours Since I m kind of lazy to screenshot upload I ll just type out what it reads in Speedfan CoreTemp and CPU Thermometer Speedfan GPU C System C CPU C AUX C SMIOVT - C HD C Core C CoreTemp Tj Max C Core C Min Max Core C Min Max Load varies from - CPU thermometer reads relatively the same with a - C range What the hell is up with my PC and what can I do to solve it nbsp

A:Problem with CPU temperature constantly too high

Hello, omni23414.
It could be a miscalculation on the part of the on-die sensors, or a horribly failing cooling system.
I've checked Google for that chip's average temps, and they aren't supposed to be that high.
My CPU isn't a multi-core, so it by default doesn't generate much heat, but it's overclocked enough to make a toast.

Try disabling any 'Quiet fan' features in your mobo's BIOS, and check the temps.
For how long have you had this problem? Only recently, or since Day 1 of the assembly?

Try taking off all the fans and checking them individually. Check whether any fan is malfunctioning. If none is, it could be a case of bad case airflow. Or miscalculated temps.

Still, give me some more details on which programs you mostly run, how much load they give the CPU. I'll abuse Google for more information on your case.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-cpu-temperature-constantly-too-high.179473/
Relevancy 16.77%

Some Samsung 840 EVO SSD owners noticed their drives were slowing down last year, specifically the read speeds. Samsung issued a patch to fix the problem in October but it was only a temporary solution as slowdowns returned a few...

Read more

A:Samsung to fix slow 840 EVO SSDs with ''periodic refresh'' feature

Good news.
But where is the 4.6 version of software for us 840 EVO owners?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-to-fix-slow-840-evo-ssds-with-periodic-refresh-feature.211495/
Relevancy 17.2%

hi all just bought emachinesD620-261G16Mi MODEL NO -ms2257 from a y whos had enough of it..manufactured in 2008 she bought it and was very slow so as insurance still valid she sent it back , they had it 8 months then she got it back and still same problem press power on button and takes a while to load to desktop but then every application u click I get the little timer circle come up and everything takes ages please help .. it has
amd athlon 2650e cpu , 1gb ram ddr2 160gb harddrive please help

just to add on it now and I close an application or even a photo and I get the timer circle takes at least 30 seconds before I can click anything else . and sometimes all the icons on desktop dissapear then reappear after a while

A:Emachines running very very slow

Have you scanned for malware? (the obvious IS my speciality)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-running-very-very-slow.181026/
Relevancy 24.94%

So I ve been monitoring my computer s temperatures and I must admit I m not happy with what I ve seen After gaming my FX- has been reaching temperatures above the C max recommendation temperatures FX-8320 high Stock with that AMD has in place The highest I ve seen so far Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures is C which is just outrageously high I m running my FX- at completely stock speeds with the stock fan on a Gigabyte FXA-UD rev motherboard Now as of writing this thread I Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures have already ordered a Cooler Master Hyper EVO as my research suggest that this is a very capable fan for an FX- xxx series processor at stock speeds and maybe even a modest overclock as well I actually intended to get this cooler earlier in my system s life but I ve been lazy and frugal and figured that the stock fan would be fine for stock speeds I also figured my spacious Antec case with a ton of fans at max speed would ve been enough Anyway what shocked me is that when I built this system I kept a very close eye on temperatures during gaming and I never would exceed C under load and idled around C Now quite a while down the line the same cooler can hardly keep the processor below C under load but when the machine is idle I get really low temperatures so low it s at C at some points I ve included a screenshot of both these situations So frankly put what the hell is going on here My idle temperatures are better than ever but my load temperatures are worse than ever Could I have an inaccurate sensor on my processor As precautionary measure I already cleaned out all of the dust filters in my Antec quot Illusion quot case photo also included I also opened that puppy up and blew as much dust out as I could off of the components so it s not real dusty in there anymore The heatsink fan combo was properly secured so it doesn t seem to have become improperly seated over this time Despite this I haven t seen an improvement in temperatures Any assistance in figuring out what the deal is here would be greatly appreciated My specs are as follows AMD FX- GHz Vishera Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD rev G Skill Sniper GB DDR - RAM Gigabyte GeForce GTX GB WindForce Western Digital Black TB SATA-III HDD Antec Illusion case Antec HCG W PSU Windows Ultimate SP x x mm Antec fans mm Antec fan nbsp

A:Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures

Have you cleaned the actual cpu cooler? If it has as much dust as your filter does, that could really affect the efficiency of the cooler. I have both a 8320 in a build and a 8350 and I use AIO water coolers such as Corsair H80 or H100.
The CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO is a very good air cooler. Take your time mounting it and be sure to use quality thermal paste.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stock-fx-8320-with-high-temperatures.202655/
Relevancy 68.8%

If I currently get an average of 20mbps using a linksys n router with comcast as my ISP. If I upgrade to an ac router, and assuming I have ac compatible devices, will I get any significant increase in wifi speed? I wasn't sure if I need to get a faster internet tier from Comcast or not. AC routers promise much faster speeds (400mbps) but comcast says they provide me with 25 tops. Can I just upgrade my router or do I have to pay more to comcast?

A:Will 802.11ac router increase download speed?

If 25mbps is all that comcast is providing, u are doing all u can expect if u are receiving 20 u are doing all u can expect with that plan. changing u'r router is not going to help in the least.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-802-11ac-router-increase-download-speed.209175/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I have an old HP Pavilion n that has - GB DDR PC ram modules but they are being reported in BIOS as only being at PC and I am just wondering if this is the best that this system can do with this speed of ram or is there anything that I can do to get it to run at PC Here are the specs from CPU-Z Mainboard Model - ASUS P B -LA rev Chipset - Intel i D rev Southbridge - Intel BA ICH rev Processor Intel Pentium - GHz - Northwood Clocks Core Core Speed - MHz Multiplier - x Bus Speed - MHz Rated FSB - MHz CPU-Z is reporting that both modules are PC DDR but the BIOS is indicating PC The BIOS does not have the ability to change anything regarding clock settings and the board itself has no jumpers to change so any input would be welcome regarding any suggestions if this system can actually get full usage of the PC DDR GB modules or if it can only run at PC because of the Bus Speed I thought that if Speed Ram reporting BIOS not correct in the board had a MHz FSB it would run DDR PC ram Any advice would be appreciated Thanks Brian nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-reporting-correct-speed-in-bios.207737/
Relevancy 17.2%

My computer is being running slow and is choppy also, I'm making sure the system is clean right now.

A:Computer slow and choppy

Problem solved, runned some anti-malaware programs and cleaned my computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-slow-and-choppy.207403/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi Sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as much info as possible for a better solution I have been experiencing strange clicking sounds please see link coming from my XFX HD lately or it can XFX PC noise, 4850 temp HD and clicking then High crashes be from PSU I have been using this card since years It XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes used to be very rare only at bootup but ever since I have started playing Bioshock infinite it has become much more frequent Initially I did not get any problems playing but last time I could only manage hr and then mins before pc crashed Today when I started the pc there was not any of that sound but XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes after minutes the hideous sound started and after few seconds pc shutdown This happened again and again with shorter time frames Interesting thing is I did not even played the game was only browsing the potential problem on the net Turns out it can either be -Some hindrance in fans spinning -Coil whine -PSU problem I couldn t pinpoint the exact problem I tried listening to it very closely could only guess that it was coming from gpu it also seemed very hot Using GPUz I started monitoring and gpu temp went from - C range to C within minutes before it shut down So it seems gpu is the reason I put a bit of load on gpu by emulating a game in pj during that time I had got my power outlets checked by a voltmeter few days ago the electrician said they were fine My desktop airflow is good never had a high temp problem with my cpu and side of the cover is always open My questions are -Can I underclock my gpu so that it consumes less power -Do I need to install ccc since I haven t earlier -I used an air blower a couple of months ago and also cleaned the gpu with a brush did nt find much dust or any object blocking the fans I can t rma since I had a bad time doing that in the last few times other h w long wait Also I don t have a built in gfx with this build What do you suggest Thanks Link screens and audio http s tinyupload com index php file id GPUZ min max temps Date GPU Core Clock MHz GPU Memory Clock MHz GPU Temperature C Fan Speed Fan Speed RPM RPM GPU Load GPU Temp DISPIO C GPU Temp MEMIO C GPU Temp SHADERCORE C Memory Usage Dedicated MB Memory Usage Dynamic MB VDDC V - - - - Update After I cleaned my pc again with air blower and also the gpu separately tested the system Starting temps were better from c instead of c and biggest difference was the dramatic reduction in fans rpm previously and now - rpm and noise But bad news is during those - mins the gpu temps kept rising again even at gpu load and once I put a bit of load on gpu - via pj emulater it rised to c before pc shutdown again So does it means I have to apply thermal paste too Or can this be fixed if I update the gpu driver Please any solutions suggestions wil be really appreciated nbsp

A:XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes

I'm having a bit of trouble following (more than likely my fault). What is the GPU fan speed during load?

If the RPM's seem normal, it could be thermal bond in the thermal paste that is broken.
If the fan speed doesn't appear to be normal, the fan itself could be broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-hd-4850-clicking-noise-high-temp-and-then-pc-crashes.207299/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys I've got a problem. My GPU GTX780 GHz is making a buzzing / whining sound at very high fps and I mean 300+. I tried to google it but most buzzing seems to be made by PSU however PSU has nothing to do with fps. And I assume that the power consumption is roughly the same when playing Crysis 3 120 fps or Dead Space 2 400+ fps.
Yes I know I could use v-sync but sometime it causes noticeable input lag.

Is it normal? Safe for the GPU? Does it go away?

Thanks for info

A:GPU buzzing / whining at very high fps

What is you PSU make and model? When was the last time you cleaned your system out (physically powering down, opening the case and removing all the dust - especially on all the fans)? Do you monitor your internal temps when you game - if so what are they when you game? Have you overclocked anything?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-buzzing-whining-at-very-high-fps.207333/
Relevancy 16.34%

When I am playing a video with any browser it is very choppy (sound and video).
Even Window sounds are choppy. It seems like if I move the mouse it gets worse.

Computer is very slow to open programs, even though the system idle process
is at 99% before starting another progam. This happens even when no browser is open and the
anti-virus software is disabled.

I don't know is this is a software or hardware issue.

A:Computer very slow. Choppy video and audio playback from browsers

Post this here:
http://www.techspot.com/community/forums/virus-and-malware-removal.28/
See if they can help with this problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-very-slow-choppy-video-and-audio-playback-from-browsers.207159/
Relevancy 17.2%

I ll try slow respond are Programs to to explain this the best I can A computer that I have not the one listed in any Programs are slow to respond of my sigs is having a little issue Programs are slow to respond Sometimes Programs are slow to respond when I turn on the computer I will open up a program the program will open but it s like it opens in slow motion as the program opens you see it slowly go into its open state You actually see it opening I know you can always somewhat see a program open but this is like it is in slow motion It does this for all the programs that I open and close This will actually go away later or sometimes if I restart it When I go into the bios the bios is very choppy It is an ASRock board and when I contacted them they said to reset the bios When I did it helped but now it is doing it again I have reset the bios again and it helped again the other day but now it is doing it again Does this sound like a bios problem Does anyone seem to know I don t know how else I could explain what is happening It is an ASRock Z Pro AMD XFX Vid card GSkill ripjaws memory Xeon E - V Corsair TX PSU Windows Pro nbsp

A:Programs are slow to respond

Slower response indicates the issue of bad memory allocation which is related with multitasking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/programs-are-slow-to-respond.206144/
Relevancy 24.94%

Now I know this question has been asked quite a few times but the results always vary and it appears really dependent on the hw So Recently I have been hearing an interrupted high pitched whistle from the case It is not too loud but interrupts when pitched High whistle PC coming from somewhere I need to ex read High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC something and concentrate It is not a singular long beep High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC but series of small beeps When I opened the case I tried to High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC listen where it goes from it does not appear to whistle from the electric source and CPU Graphics Net card Motherboard are too close to each other to properly determine I tried to listen with a straw but it always appears to emanate from someplace else when using this method I tried to dust everything firm the screws nothing helped The issue started about two or three weeks back I purchased the PC about a year ago and the user have not reported anything similar the last change was adding a new CPU fan about four months ago The Rig Mobo ASUS M N -AM SLV CPU AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor CPU Fan Coolermaster Hyper Evo Ram x GB PC AM Vga AMD Radeon FDD in apacer sln HDD seagate GB sln E C Cdrom DVDRW LG sln Advice very much appreciated nbsp

A:High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC

That noise could be either:

FAN
HDD
PSU

Is this system OC = overclocked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-pitched-whistle-coming-somewhere-from-pc.206833/
Relevancy 17.2%

Randomly, about 2-3 weeks ago my computer began to run slowly. If I'm just browsing the internet or using word documents and things like that it is fine and I cannot tell. The problem lies in things like playing games or running programs like itunes. I checked for all virus/malware, and there was nothing that I could see. I did a defrag and cleaned/cleared the registry and temp folder. Does this sound like it could be a hardware or driver problem? If its not a virus, could you give me a few other reason a computer would start doing this randomly.

A:Computer runs slow

Overheating? What are the computers specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-runs-slow.179236/
Relevancy 16.77%

My internet started to become slow out of no where and I didn't mess with my router/modem or any computer settings so I'm guessing it's a hardware problem. Pages take a while to load, some don't load (Unable to connect to webpage message), or sometimes they won't load completely. I've had this happen 3 times over the past years, even with different routers/modems/ISP's, my internet would be working normally for a few months and then it'd dramatically get slower. I've always thought it was my router causing the problems, potentially screwing up and degrading my modem's performance. It must be that Netgear routers are awful, as that's the only brand of routers I've had over the years.

I'm on my desktop, and have my modem connected to my router. I'm connected to the internet via cable since my desktop doesn't have WiFi.
Got 58mb/s download speed and 12mb/s upload speed on speedtest. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Edit: I have the same problem with every browser if you're wondering.

A:Internet suddenly slow and pages not loading completely

Have you tried having your ISP run a line check.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-suddenly-slow-and-pages-not-loading-completely.206046/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi I'm not a tech-y person so I'm just hoping that someone can help me.

I recently bought a new laptop it's a Lenovo G40
System:

Intel Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz 2.40 GHz
RAM: 4.00GB
64-bit Operating System
Windows 8.1 Single Language
I got home, downloaded and installed Firefox for me to use as my default browser. I got to use it for awhile (about 3 hrs) then I tried going on Facebook and it was taking too long to load. Then I tried it on my phone, it loaded faster than on my laptop. I tried searching (on both devices) random stuff on google (e.g. Miley Cyrus) and it took my laptop about 3 mins to load and my phone only took less than a minute to load. I did a speedtest on my laptop and I got 3.4mbps as a result (that's fast enough right?).

I really hope someone could help me with this because I'm currently student and I have a lot of requirements to do and I can't do that without a laptop and internet.

A:Slow internet on laptop but fast on phone

So, all 3 are on WiFi. Can you run a test with either of the laptops connected with an Ethernet cable and let us know the results? I suspect your wireless router has 802.11N, and that your phone supports it but your PCs only support 802.11G. 802.11N and G don't always play nicely together, and no 802.11G implementations is ever going to deliver 49Mbps of application layer throughput.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet-on-laptop-but-fast-on-phone.205723/
Relevancy 53.32%

I've never come across this and need a few more heads on this. All of a sudden this evening I am unable to upload to the internet. I've tried uploading to Facebook, gmail, and drop box all with a laptop, galaxy tab, HTC one phone, ( these three on wireless internet) and our hp desktop (hard wired). I can download from each program with all devices as well as browse internet and play YouTube videos. I've rebooted each device. Rebooted modem, router, as well as removed the router from the equation. I had my local isp (Wow! Internet) reboot their end twice. They say they have no problems in our area and it's not on their end.... Anyone ran across this or have any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-upload-can-download.205781/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello guys,
I built myself a new PC and it is pretty loud so I am worried I didn't made a good seal between thermal paste and a CPU, I use a stock AMD cooler and the CPU is AMD Athlon X4 760K, no overclocking.
Max temperatures that my BIOS showed was I think 69C-71C.
Should I be worried and should I replace thermal paste or it's all OK?
Thanks in advance.

A:High temperatures on AMD CPU?

That seems a bit hot. AMD recommends that the 760K stay below 74C and you are approaching that point. I would recommend putting $35 into a Hyper 212 Evo. that will ensure cool temps on the cheap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-temperatures-on-amd-cpu.205049/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi guys
lately I changed my windows from 7 ultimate to another 7 ultimate
then my hell started ... my CPU Usages just jump high with out any reason ... when no program running it jump to 15% ... browser take more than it should take ... and if I open any online game it jump to 70-80% which should not happen I used to open all things I want at once and have near 20% cpu usages
I tryed every think closed back gorund programs and scan for virus or malwares I tried a lot of things but still nothing no change still high ...
how can I fix this ?!!!!

A:High CPU Usage

Hello, can you post your full system specifications? Also, are you sure this new Windows 7 copy is legitimate and not pirated?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-cpu-usage.204817/
Relevancy 10.75%

Here again since I have the most weird problem ever which I have never seen nor heard of before. I recently upgraded the OS on a friends computer, from Vista to 7. However now I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet adapter to work, it can't be seen in device manager nor anywhere else. I have tried to reset the bios (by removing the cmos battery) and I have also checked that the network adapter is set to 'Enabled'. Also, when I connect the cable to the ethernet port no lights go on, it doesn't give any sort of hope what so ever. The cable is ok, the "modem" is ok, and everything else seems to be in order and yet it doesn't work.

Computer in question:
HP Pavilion 6530sc
Non-default GPU and added 1Gb RAM

A:Solved: Computer doesn't recognize the network adapter

Whenever you install a new OS, always take note of the model of core system hardware like GPU, chipset, and ethernet/wifi (there are a few others that aren't as important, but nice to have updated) since those are critical to your computers core functionality.

However, a quick google search of your model yielded me with your PC's system specs. Your PC contains a Realtek RTL8201N ethernet adapter. So far I am unable to find a driver from Realtek itself and the HP driver is not Realtek, but instead nVidia nForce.

So after a bit of searching, I came across this: it seems to me that you have an old chipset from nVidia. I am not completely sure, but I think you have an ION chipset. Try installing this ION chipset driver (64 bit) ==OR== this ION chipset driver (32 bit) and tell me if it works. It should include the necessary component drivers and if it works, it means you have an ION chipset like I suspected.

Here are the specifications for your PC BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-computer-doesnt-recognize-the-network-adapter.204750/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I didn't know where to post this
my internet speed been groin crazy
its goes fine then at some point all the speed drop the lights flickers
only in wifi tho
I called my ISP they said it the signals from the wireless phone
called my friend he says its signals from other routers * I live in a building around 16 ap 4 per floor*
both said to connect via either
a lot of my usage is by phone so I use wifi
any one have any solution for it ?

A:Internet speed

Eliminate the possibilities.

Turn off the wifi, connect to router via cable only. Is it still slowing down? If yes, it's something related to wireless. Then continue troubleshooting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-speed.204286/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hey all! I've been facing this problem for quite a long time even after upgrading my RAM. The problem is that on specific sites like Facebook, Dailymotion, etc, the audio playback is quite fine but the video playback is slow, laggy, choppy etc. Is it my computer's problem? Well, my graphics is quite low. By quite low, I mean only 32MB. I don't face this problem on Youtube and players like JW players(I guess) which is used in some sites.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.
Amal

A:Slow video playback on specific sites

Yeah it's probably you GPU, try viewing the videos in lower quality.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-video-playback-on-specific-sites.203738/
Relevancy 20.64%

Had an AMD HP G62-227CL laptop that overheated and required motherboard replacement with similar Intel motherboard. Old board clocked at 2.2 MHZ .. new one is 2.0 MHZ.
Board I got from Ebay works but now computer believes that it is a Compaq CQ42 Laptop. Do not know the model number, which I would need on HPs site to download BIOs upgrades.

Is there a way to tell which bios I need or what model I now have?

Thank you,

Steve

A:Replaced Failed Motherboard.. now how do I determine model number and which BIOS to download?

Finding a bios update rather then the one hp would give for this board. Would be next to none.
You could check a few of the support pages for this model. Which their are a lot Of
Maybe find out the motherboard you have bought.

HP Support, Drivers, Contact and Help Forums | HP Support

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-failed-motherboard-now-how-do-i-determine-model-number-and-which-bios-to-download.203956/
Relevancy 16.77%

I have an ancient eMachines T- Intel P- Ghz single core Prescott I m running XP-SP fully updated with the exception of SP- If I install SP I lose the ability to do a repair install My AV product is AVG Free This thing s Loading Firefox Page with Slow my Slow Page Loading with Firefox go to erotica finder Trust me I don t log in to my bank with it Anyway it seems terribly slow at loading pages with the CPU at or pushing usage I can t load more than one page at a time Slow Page Loading with Firefox or I get a quot problem server reset before page loaded quot type error Once the other page s have loaded a simple reload page command establishes the connection Firkefox Slow Page Loading with Firefox ver is the browser of choice with quot NoScript quot installed I just did a repair install of the OS which is the only way I could get it to reload the internet driver Intel Pro That doesn t seem to have helped My question is I want anybody s best opinion as to whether this level of performance is what I should expect as typical with this rig or is it just plain worn out and I should retire it with full military honors nbsp

A:Slow Page Loading with Firefox

Try disabling no script. That may be eating up all your resources and slowing down the loading of webpages. If that doesnt work, try another browser like Chrome. I would try completely clean installing windows rather than repairing it since just repairing will not clear anything such as viruses off of the PC. Malware could be another culprit and clean installation will allow you to wipe it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-page-loading-with-firefox.202610/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey everyone I own the Acer Aspire G- and I ve had it for a little over two years now One 5552G-7641 Aspire with Temperatures Acer Extremely High of the main problems I have with it is its temperature Right now when all I have open Extremely High Temperatures with Acer Aspire 5552G-7641 is Firefox and iTunes the temperature according to Speedfan is as follows HD C Temp C GPU C Core C I have the rear of my laptop suspended about cm in the air by putting two bottle caps in the rear corners This is an attempt to promote better cooling When I play video games it overheats to the point that the laptop shuts off automatically I understand that the majority of overheating issues is not cleaning enough And indeed I have never cleaned my laptop before However opening the laptop or bringing it to a tech-guy is not really an option at the moment I have read on many forums that using compressed air is efficient but I have also read that it can be extremely dangerous on laptops because of water moisture Also they seem to only pertain to desktops With that said I am here to ask for advice as to what to do with this thing The only ventilation hole is on the left of the laptop and takes up about of the side If any additional information is needed I will gladly provide it Thank you nbsp

A:Extremely High Temperatures with Acer Aspire 5552G-7641

Speedfan is not accurate 95% of the time. Tell me the readings using Realtemp: http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-high-temperatures-with-acer-aspire-5552g-7641.192887/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All,

I'm really struggling here. I've just purchased some Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Pro Series Red DDR3 Memory with the Specs CAS 12-13-13-35, 1.65V at 2666MHz. I got 2 sets (2x4GB per set, 16GB overall, all 4 slots are occupied). When I choose the XMP profile, the computer fails to post, it resets and then tells me "overclock failed". To get it to boot I set the speed to 2133MHz and it is now stable.

MoBo is an Asus Maximus Vi Hero (Z87) and a Haswell Core i7 4770K with a H60 closed loop on it.
Power supply is a Corsair AX750.

My question is, why can I not hit the advertised speed of 2666MHz? Do I need to send more voltage through them?

Thanks for your help in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-xmp-profiles-fail-to-reach-targeted-speed.203152/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok, so I just recently upgraded to a Cat6 cord, I needed a longer cord and the only ones being sold where the Cat6 so I had to get it. Before I installed it, I had a Cat5E, my speed listing was about 3.8mbps give or take.. yeah crappy verizon DSL. But after hooking up the Cat6, I'm now getting about 1.2mbps. I'm rather confused on this, cause from what I read and what I know, that shouldn't cause my speed to dive bomb. And I know it's dive bombed even without the speed test, cause everythings slowed down, loading webpages, gaming, it's all miserably slow. So, I'm at a loss, did I somehow install it wrong? Did I not appease some Tech god before doing it right? Or, perhaps a faulty line?

A:New Cat6 cord, killed internet speed

Temporarily use the 5e cable again? See if it goes back to previous speed.

My guess would be this should not happen. The cable I would think is sort of a go or no go situation, meaning it works or it doesn't. I'm sure you can have cables with some 'damage' that work but at reduced capacity, but 5e and 6 should be capable of doing 1000Mbps, so when you are talking about a decline from 3.8 to 1.2 that is minuscule compared to what the cable should be capable of, so I really doubt the cable is at fault. Just a weird coincidence based on the information you've given us.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-cat6-cord-killed-internet-speed.202836/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi All,

I have WD 1 TB passport, and all its operations are very very slow.
I cant use it at all. I have all the important documents in it.
Please someone help me out here.

Regards,
Sanoop.

A:WD hard disk all operations very slow

The only thing I can really recommend is to defragment the external HDD using a program such as Defraggler.

If that doesnt help, you may have a virus on the HDD, in that case, I would recommend posting in the malware forums.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-hard-disk-all-operations-very-slow.201315/
Relevancy 46.87%

I ve read all I can about this online and tried everything I ve come across Since upgrading my internet same ISP the upload on my computer not any others on the network It ranges from megabits to If I boot into linux I get but that s far from the megabits the other Slow Problem: Bizzare Infuriating Upload Network computers on the network get But the strange thing is the problem seems to affect only certain programs My browsers are affected as the internet tests I do are from the browser OBS streaming software will not upload more then megabits about k However utorrent can completely max out my upload I ve tried stopping the WMI service and Bizzare Infuriating Network Problem: Slow Upload I have no traffic shaping software installed Here are my specs Operating System Windows Pro -bit CPU Intel Core i K GHz C Haswell nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard MSI Z -GD GAMING MS- SOCKET C Graphics SyncMaster x Hz LG TV x Hz MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX Gigabyte C Storage GB Samsung SSD EVO GB SSD C GB SanDisk SDSSDHP G SSD C GB TOSHIBA DT ACA SATA C GB Seagate Bizzare Infuriating Network Problem: Slow Upload ST DL - VT SATA C Optical Drives PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- L Audio ASUS Xonar DGX Audio Device Various Network info You are connected to the internet Connected through Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS IP Address Subnet mask Gateway server Preferred DNS server DHCP Enabled DHCP server External IP Address Adapter Type Ethernet NetBIOS over TCP IP Enabled via DHCP NETBIOS Node Type Hybrid node Link Speed Bps Computer Name NetBIOS Name CALVINS-PC DNS Name Calvins-PC Membership Part of workgroup Workgroup WORKGROUP Remote Desktop Disabled Console State Active Domain Calvins-PC WinInet Info LAN Connection Local system uses a local area network to connect to the Internet Local system has RAS to connect to the Internet Wi-Fi Info Wi-Fi not enabled WinHTTPInfo WinHTTPSessionProxyType No proxy Session Proxy Session Proxy Bypass Connect Retries Connect Timeout ms HTTP Version HTTP Max Connects Per Servers INFINITE Max Connects Per Servers INFINITE Max HTTP automatic redirects Max HTTP status continue Send Timeout ms IEProxy Auto Detect Yes IEProxy Auto Config IEProxy IEProxy Bypass Default Proxy Config Access Type No proxy Default Config Proxy Default Config Proxy Bypass Sharing and Discovery Network Discovery Enabled File and Printer Sharing Enabled File and printer sharing service Enabled Simple File Sharing Enabled Administrative Shares Enabled Network access Sharing and security model for local accounts Classic - local users authenticate as themselves Adapters List Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Connection Name Ethernet NetBIOS over TCPIP Yes DHCP enabled Yes MAC Address D - D- E-F - B- IP Address Subnet mask Gateway server DHCP DNS Server Network Shares Misc D Misc Finished Torrents D Downloads Finished Torrents Games D Games Games E Games Torrents E Downloads Torrents Video D Video Video E Video Current TCP Connections C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Program Files Box Sync BoxSync exe C Program Files Hola app hola exe C Users Calvin AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe C Windows Explorer EXE G Program Files x Nightly firefox exe G Program Files x Razer Razer Game Booster main exe G Program Files x Samsung Magician Samsung Magician exe G Steam Steam exe hola svc exe hola updater exe KillerService exe lsass exe NvNetworkService exe nvstreamsvc exe services exe svchost exe svchost exe svchost exe System Process System Process wininit exe nbsp

A:Bizzare Infuriating Network Problem: Slow Upload

I figured it out, the Killer NIC on my Z87GD65 mobo was not compatible with NetLimiter. Uninstalling it fixed the problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bizzare-infuriating-network-problem-slow-upload.201410/
Relevancy 16.77%

When I play windows media player or any other mp3 player my pc begins to slow down a lot and mouse stutters and my internet webpage closes :/ any help please?

I've posted my IRQ

A:When I play music my PC starts to slow down and mouse stutters

What are your system specs?

Some possible solutions: Make sure Windows is up to date. Try updating your sound driver (post your system specs and I will show you how to).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-play-music-my-pc-starts-to-slow-down-and-mouse-stutters.200950/
Relevancy 48.59%

Can processor speed be increased without changing or removing any harddware

A:Processors: Can speed be increased?

Depends on your specs and what you mean by increase.

Some processors are unlocked and can be over-clocked by increasing the processor frequency multiplier (which is multiples of the system bus frequency). This only effects the stability of the processor if clocked to high.

Many systems even if the processor is not unlocked, can still be overclocked by increasing the system bus frequency. Changing this frequency effects everything in the system, which can cause system instability with anything.
System builders will lock both system bus and frequency multiplier, by customizing the system BIOS. Limiting the BIOS is the number one reason, I do not like prebuilt systems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processors-can-speed-be-increased.200569/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello ?
Recently, I need more speed for my computer.
Basically I want upgrade hardware but I am not expert: I need some advice.
I am using my computer for Computer Animation: Mostly Autodesk Maya.

I am in the middle of learning Animation Part and realize if I am going to use MentalRay with Animation,
I have to wait a long time [I believe].

Currently my computer's spec:
i5 2500K.
ASRock P67 EXTREME 4
8GB of RAM
GTX 560TI of 1GB

Which hardware should upgrade ?

A:I want to make more speed for 3D Tool - mainboard

Budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-make-more-speed-for-3d-tool-mainboard.200200/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi,

I reviewed the forum but could not find exactly what I was looking for. I am a computer user not a builder. I am considering a high end Mac
3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB GDDR5
This is like $3.3k USD. Will I get as much out of this as say a high end alien ware desktop? I am a geezer and prefer the Mac for the all in one design and aesthetics. I usually keep my Mac's for about 5 years then get a new one. Given I'm not price sensitive and my concerns, will I get as good a gaming experience on this as I would a high end gaming PC?

Thanks

A:High-end Mac versus gaming PC

The higher resolution of the iMac will mean you definitely won't be able to max out all games. Also, there's not many games to start with - Steam is probably your best resource here.

I, along with anyone else here, cannot recommend an iMac for you, unless:
- You desperately need OSX.
- You need an All-in-one form factor for some unknown reason.

$3.3K is laughably-high, and more than enough to buy parts and pay someone to build it for you. For comparison, $800 parts (<$1000 including building fee) will demolish the above iMac in gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-end-mac-versus-gaming-pc.200069/
Relevancy 47.73%

Is it normal for the fan speed on my Radeon 4800 to be 0 when the card temperature is 71 degrees C?

A:Radeon 4800 Fan Speed is 0 at 71 degrees C

Nope.

Download MSI Afterburner, see if you can manually change the fan speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-4800-fan-speed-is-0-at-71-degrees-c.199553/
Relevancy 17.2%

So I have high speed internet, but I've recently discovered that when I use the wifi adapter on my desktop, (I have no direct ethernet where it is), the download speed is EXTREMELY slow.. and all videos are sluggish, my question is, can I tether my computer to my LAPTOP with the GOOD internet, for better speeds, using it like it was a wifi adapter?

A:Slow Internet

Please explain how your laptop is connected which results in fast Internet. And then explain why your PC does not have the same Internet connection. Both machines should have the same connection possibilities.

What you are describing is an Ad-Hoc Connection (then Internet Connection Sharing). But that is not what you want, if you can connect them both to the Internet independently. Even if you do make an Ad-Hoc Connection, you would likely be facing the same issue that made your connection slow to begin with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet.199559/
Relevancy 16.77%

Please I need your help I have Seagate SSHD hard disk model ST DX it is working fine but I can t use any too SSHD Seagate (ST2000DX001) is slow software from Seagate website the software are -Sea tools for windows when I use the software the software doesn t see my hard Seagate SSHD (ST2000DX001) is too slow disk it can only see Generic USB SD READER -download finder software again doesn t recognize the hard disk -Seagate Maxtor serial number locator again doesn t see my hard disk -Drive detect utility lt again doesn t see my hard disk When I go to device manager gt disk drive section I can see ST DX - CM SCSI disk device I already installed windows OS with all the windows updates internet security softwares -Please can I use disk defragmentation software with this hard disk The softwares I have for degragmentation -iolo system mechanics -Glarys utilities -Ashampoo win optimizer I use the defragmentation software one at a times please reply to this question as well another thing this hard drive is too slow like I have normal HDD it should be a lot faster than the normal HDD When I turn the pc on it took minute seconds to fully load to desktop but it took seconds when it turned off I watched a lot of clips in you tube about this SSHD I am not saying is bad but it should be faster I wrote one month ago to seagate technical support they don t bother to reply to my email what kind of technical support it that I have SATAII connection do you think shall I buy SATAIII card internal or upgrade the memory from GB to GB maximum the motherboard allow me I hope to hear from you very soon My kindest regards habib nbsp

A:Seagate SSHD (ST2000DX001) is too slow

habib,

What kind of PC is this you have installed the sshd into? make/model or if it's a custom system please give us the specs.
What version of windows are you running on this PC?

I personally wouldn't worry about running the software that came with the drive, sometimes utilities from the manufacturers can be worthless or do more harm than good.

Again, personally, I would NOT run any of those programs you say are for "defragmentation" None of those programs are designed for defragmentation, they are 3rd party utilities that are just going to needlessly scan your hard drive for crap that may or may not be there - they are unnecessary and I would not recommend running them. Not only are they not for designed for defragmentation, they are redundant, they all three supposedly do the same damn thing. Point being, don't install them, don't run them - that just my two cents, someone else may tell you differently, take it with a grain of salt.

read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defragmentation so that you know what defragmentation is and have a better understanding of how it truly works.

Should you get a SATA3 card?! Probably not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_ATA
SATA3 supports 600MB/s read/write speeds @ 6Gb/s.
SATA2 supports 300MB/s read/write speeds @ 3Gb/s.
That being stated, that is the theoretical limit of each type of connection. In a perfect world, with perfect conditions, you MIGHT get those kind of speeds. Not only that, but mechanical hard drives are NOT going to get even remotely close to the theoretical speeds of SATA2. The hard drive you have the average read/write speeds are: 156MB/s which is waaay lower than SATA2 and super lower than SATA3 specs. (see attached .pdf spec sheet, I have highlighted specs on your drive) A SSD (solid state drive) would come closer to the SATA3 specs for read/write speeds, for example the Samsung 840 EVO SSD has average read write speeds over 500MB/s.

So is this drive that much faster than your old drive? Not really, it has an 8GB nand flash memory cache onboard, which can improve speeds slightly, once windows has booted. The hard drive itself is smart enough to determine what files need to be placed into that cache, but it's still not going to make a big difference in the overall performance of the drive.

I hope my comments have helped. if you have further questions please post back. Take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-sshd-st2000dx001-is-too-slow.199472/
Relevancy 16.77%

I just got this computer about 2 weeks ago, and ALREADY I am getting lag problems. I have the CPU widget, and when I am JUST on the web browser, I get about 50-70 CPU being used. My specs are:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
Nvidia GeForce GT 430
And if it helps, I AM using an external HDD for most of my programs, since the original PC came with only 250 GB.

A:Computer becoming extremely slow. It's brand new.

Which applications do you have installed to the external?
What connection type and speed is the external HDD?

I'm not sure I would install applications to a USB 2.0 drive. Especially if the applications are used frequently. I know I wouldn't if the application installs memory resident system monitors that run 24/7. However I usually disable these monitors from running at startup as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-becoming-extremely-slow-its-brand-new.199474/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,
for the past 2-3 weeks I have been experiencing very high ping and lags pikes in every game that I play, my pc is virtually brand new and doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm 100% sure it is my internet connection, however I cannot pin point what is going wrong, I have IOP (internet over power) to my computer and I also have a wireless connection to my computer however I get the pinging problem with both of these. I have reset my modem multiple times, and I am on cable internet. After each reset I might only get 1-2 mins of good gameplay until the spikes start again, it is very frustrating.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:High Ping and lag spikes in every game

Try one or the other, don't use both simultaneously. Powerline ethernet connections can be a beast of their own to troubleshoot dropped packets & lagg. Disabled the wireless, then try the wired connection for a while & see if issue persists. Then do the same, disable wired & try wireless & see if issue persists. IF the issue is still there, then I'd try to connect PC to the modem directly, this may require a really long ethernet cable, but doing so will allow us to test the PCs network card. IF the issue still persists after a direct connection to the modem, then I'd call the service provider and have them replace the modem - it may have a bad LAN port(s) that are causing the issues.

Post back. Hope this helps!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-ping-and-lag-spikes-in-every-game.199179/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a SONY Handycam that uses MP120 8mm Video Cassettes. I used this Handycam to tape home videos. When I use the playback feature on the Handycam it seems as if it is playing back in a slower speed. When I connect the Handycam to my computer and play back, it does the same thing. It is as if the camera was recording at a wrong speed. Is there any way I can control the speed of the video camera via computer, so that I can get the home videos transferred to DVD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8mm-home-video-playback-wrong-speed.199460/
Relevancy 48.59%

So I just installed my 8350 about two days ago and I just found out that it isn't running to its full potential. It's running at 2812 MHz. when it should be running at at least 4k MHz. I tried running my game to see if it will go up and maybe its just idle to save power but that did not work. Then I went into my bios and turned off all my C-State (c1e, c6 are the only two I have). And that did not do the trick and I have ran into a brick wall. Please help me.

A:AMD 8350 Not getting correct speed

I have 3 possible solutions to the issue: 1) The CPU is flawed. 2) You are in a power saving Windows state. 3) Your CPU is running hot, which will throttle its speed to something lower.

In order to check whether your PC is in a power saving mode, go to the start menu and type in "power options". Choose the one listed under "control panel". Once you click it, it should bring up a window that tells you what power state you are in. Choose the "Balanced" plan if it is in power saving mode and see if that helps.

Secondly, download and run RealTemp and tell me what the CPU temperature is at idle and when gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-8350-not-getting-correct-speed.199067/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hey I just bought a new
mb http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130709
processor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113280
memory http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428
video card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130680

I did not replace my HDD and the are 3GB not 6 GB as this board supports but are SATA and I have nothing special starting up beside the basic items and AVG 2013 and magic ISO which I had all this on my old system. I am running windows 7 and it takes this machine almost 5 min to boot up it just sits at the windows display screen. I never overclocked anything but I thought this upgrade would be faster than my 4 year old system that this replaced, not slower! OK so any ideas? Would the 6GB SATA HDD drive make that much of a difference?

A:Slow (new) system

6GB HDD? Dude what, that's ancient.

Get a new HDD, or a cheap SSD - you'll really see it fly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-new-system.198644/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,

I have a Dell Latitude D620 laptop that I bought in 2006 and it runs EXTREMELY slow, whether I am on the Internet or just doing basic tasks in Windows or MS Office. It has Windows XP, some basic software (like MS Office), and only a few files (because the hard drive crashed last year, so I only put a few files back on it, after installing the new hard drive). I know it's relatively old, but is there ANYTHING I can do to increase the speed of the computer, without buying additional memory? Any help I can get with increasing the speed will be greatly appreciated.

Also, I don't know if this is a different issue, but sometimes the laptop seems to get too hot (at the bottom) after being on for too long.

Thanks in advance.

A:Dell laptop runs extremely slow - need help boosting speed

First, make sure your vents are clear of dust. Heat can cause all kinds of issues. Do you have a cooling pad?

Second, have you scanned for infections?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-runs-extremely-slow-need-help-boosting-speed.167636/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey guys. I am doing a project that compares the relationship between population and internet speed. I was really hoping that you guys would help me out and provide some data for me. Please leave comments with the following information
What's your up/down speed? (speedtest.net results preferred)
What's your local area population?
What's the population of the nearest city?
Any replies would be great, thanks all.

A:What's your internet Speed?

I'm pretty sure there's a thread for this already - I'll link it when I get a chance to search.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-your-internet-speed.198656/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello everyone I m using AMD FX- W with Gigabyte GA- A-DS I ve been using this CPU on the MB even on the F bios version even though the CPU is not officially supported only the W version and only from F a bios So here is noise high CPU VRM pitched or makes the problem I ran OCCT test and after about minutes or so there is a constant high pitched noise coming from somewhere around CPU area which lasts for around seconds then stops When that happens I can hear the CPU fan slowing down and temperatures decreasing which CPU or VRM makes high pitched noise would normally point to throttling the temps are very low so it s not that After seconds it just comes back to normal the test is still running and after a few minutes it happens again etc However the CPU usage frequency and voltage all stay unchanged I CPU or VRM makes high pitched noise ve checked in OCCT CPU-Z and AIDA at the same time and that is a bit confusing since I don t even know what s happening Could be some safety instructions from the mobo because of CPU or VRM makes high pitched noise the high TDP processor At some point I tried overclocking and I got to GHz with the stock voltage but I can t go any further even with the voltage bumped to V but that s not my primary concern even though it could be that I got a bad cpu example I just mentioned this because the problem could be related as there could be compatibility issues but the CPU is working fine while it shouldn t work at all considering the mobo manufacturers compatibility list I searched all over the internet and I haven t found anyone with the same problem as I m having I found that some people are complaining about coil whine and after searching more on that I can tell that this is not coil whine but more of a high pitched quot beep quot noise not that loud at all that is constantly heard for about seconds So if anyone has an idea what s going on I would be very thankful for any help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-or-vrm-makes-high-pitched-noise.198621/
Relevancy 16.77%

I have multiple devices setup through the same connection. In the past the all got about 18mbps download. The other devices still get that but one device now maxes out between 35mbps. I haven't changed any hardware or software. It is a Windows 7 machine. Any ideas?

A:Why would one computer have a slow internet connection?

Are all wired?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-would-one-computer-have-a-slow-internet-connection.198453/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi,
I just got a new toshiba satellite C55-A5302 laptop and I immediately encountered a problem. The keyboard was not responding but I noticed that if I held down the key long enough then it owuld respond. I was wondering if this was a problem with the drives or if it was a factory defect or if there was any easy fix for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Keyboard Problem - Extremely Slow Response TIme

DON'T void the warranty, send it back to get it fixed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-problem-extremely-slow-response-time.198232/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello

I have been looking to build a PC for about 2 months, First I was sure id want to build a full tower desktop but lately I have been interested in the idea of a mini PC,

I want to use it for gaming on ultra graphics ( BF4 and Elder scrolls online when it releases) and watching movies.

What Im most worried about is the temperatures, but ive read around and it seems it shouldn't really be an issue with a good case with proper fans and a good cooling GPU,

any recommendations on parts?

I have been looking on Thermaltake Armor A30 SECC case and im waiting for nvidias price cut in November kinda, else I will probably go with one of the new AMD cards,

A:Building a mini PC for high end gaming

What is your budget for the project? Helps to have a reference point of what you'd like to spend and max you can spend.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-mini-pc-for-high-end-gaming.197010/
Relevancy 24.51%

I can disply my Apple MacBook Pro on my 64-inch TV screen. But the MB Pro has refresh only to 60 Hz. On the big screen this causes very noticeable flicker. What computer box or video card would I need to produce a disply on 64-inch at high enough refresh rate? (not sure what will be high enough). (Am using HDMI of course).

Thanks very much for any help!
btsyly

A:Vid Card with high enough refresh rate for 64-inch screen?

Something is wrong with your connections. 60Hz is plenty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vid-card-with-high-enough-refresh-rate-for-64-inch-screen.197646/
Relevancy 72.24%

http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/bf4-loves-high-speed-memory

This was posted by Corsair a couple of days ago. What does everyone think? Is this just an attempt to get people to upgrade to shinny corsair ram, or is this finally a reason for gamers to have good ram/ overclock our current sticks?

A:Battlefield 4 loves high-speed memory?

No way the average FPS increases by 20 just by adding faster RAM (1920x1200 ultra graph)... BF3 barely gains 3 FPS from high speed RAM. It is just bloated graphs and marketing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battlefield-4-loves-high-speed-memory.197380/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello,
recently my old router died, so I bought the new one. I connected it to my PC, entered my ISP information. It's working, but kinda slowly. My ISP speed used to be 10MB/s, but now I'm downloading torrents only with 1MB/s. Task manager shows that network is used by 10% since I have my adapers speed and duplex set to auto negotation. Do you have any ideas how to fix this?
EDIT: I use cable connection.

A:New router slow down speed

Disable QoS on the router and the PC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-router-slow-down-speed.196808/
Relevancy 16.77%

I have a laptop on new Internet Slow browsing new laptop a Samsung NP V AH Core i GB RAM GB NVIDIA and -bit Windows Home Premium It works perfectly fine Slow Internet browsing on new laptop but internet browsing is extremely slow This is specifically the wireless browsing that s slow When I connect with a cable it s much faster I have a fast internet connection that Slow Internet browsing on new laptop works great on wireless with my other even older laptops but for some reason Slow Internet browsing on new laptop it s slow on this one It makes no difference if there are no other devices connected whether I m close to the router or not what the signals are like - it s slow anyways I have a Dlink router DIR- and I ve called the Dlink people about this but besides minor adjustments in the router settings they can t do much considering other devices work just fine I ve tried a router reset to no avail I ve tried Mozilla and Google Chrome as well but changing browsers doesn t make a difference either I m running Norton Internet Security Any help I could get on this would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Slow Internet browsing on new laptop

Is the speeds slow on other wireless connections? Such as a friends or even a public Hot Spot? It could be a problem with your wireless adapter integrated within your laptop. Especially since your hardline connection seems to work fine. That leads me to believe its nothing wrong with your network and the problem lies within your laptop. Make sure it has the proper drivers installed and it isn't malfunctioning in anyway. In WIN7 there is a way to have the OS diagnose any potential problems within a adapter. I recommend trying that as well and reporting back here with the results.

**Edit : Also, try disabling Norton and see if your speeds improve.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet-browsing-on-new-laptop.183709/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have a T line at the small school I work at maximum of computers I ran line work T1 very at slow a speed test and received a Mbps I ran the same test at home and received a Mbps on a cable connection When T1 line very slow at work I ran the test at work there were only other people on a computer The school pays for the T line Part of that could be payment for actually running the line I think the connection hub was miles away We are in a remote part of PA so future options could be limited From what I know the overall Mbps is So if we have computers on the network does it work like this Mbps Mbps each Is T that slow I thought T was a good connection Has it just become old and outdated Why is it that years ago schools with hundreds of computers ran seamlessly on T and we can t run a maximum of computers on it now nbsp

A:T1 line very slow at work

You should be asking your ISP these questions.

I'm not absolutely positive, but I will state my two cents. I think all the machines on the network uses what is known as timeshare. If only one machine needs access then all the bandwidth is alloted to this one machine. But if two machines need access, time is shared between the two machines. Timeshare is split between machines making data request. Once a machine is no longer sending data request, there is no need in timeshare being alloted for the machine. In other words there is no specific set speed for each machine on the network. Network traffic is controlled by how many machines are making network request at any given time.

Hallo104 said:

Why is it that 10 years ago schools with hundreds of computers ran seamlessly on T1 and we can't run a maximum of 30 computers on it now?Click to expand...

This phenomenon you mention is the Internet evolving and requiring more bandwidth as it progresses. The Internet 10 years ago wasn't bloated with as many high bandwidth websites. Dial-up was probably still common and fully functional back then. I'd hate to even make a connection with Dial-up now, it would probably take 4 minutes, for a single web-page to render.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/t1-line-very-slow-at-work.195746/
Relevancy 25.37%

About two days ago I was messing with my resolution in my computer whe I saw something wired that I never seen before and that was that there was some higher resolution than I change and high too Resolution can't it seen before so I set it as that Everything worked Resolution too high and can't change it fine intill I started to play swtor and when Resolution too high and can't change it I quit the game my computer screen whent blank and all it said was the resolution that my comp can hold I have a Nvidia GTX Ti I done everything I know that might solve my problem but nothing works I tried to run my computer on my onboard graphic card and it works fine and I can see everything The problem only happens when I tried to run it on my other graphic card I tried to run it on safe mode and change it through there but it still does not work I don t know if is because the graphic card is not getting enough power or something like that Can someone plese help me this problem is driving me crazy If anyone knows what to do please tell me that will really help me I have a Nvidia GTX Ti W power supply nbsp

A:Resolution too high and can't change it

First: Try changing resolution through Screen Resolution menu (Right-click on desktop)
Second: Try changing it through Nvidia Control Panel
Third: You monitor will have an auto-calibration function, accessible by the buttons under it, or any software provided by the manufacturer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/resolution-too-high-and-cant-change-it.179944/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi I recently posted a topic about upgrading my z socket mobo to and newer higher end board with way cfx sli support But now I am going to be selling my Msi z board and my intel k to a buddy at work and with the money I will be upgrading to the newer k or Haswell High Mobos end the k High end Haswell Mobos if High end Haswell Mobos it is released in time and if it is socket High end Haswell Mobos Now with that said I have around - budget on a new Z board with way cfx sli support I m only spending this much because with this setup I don t plan on upgrading to a new processor mobo for a couple of years Here are the motherboard I have been looking at MSI Z Xpower flagship board http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Asus Maximus VI Extreme http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Gigabyte GA-Z X-OC Force http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Gigabyte G Sniper LGA http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Now as far as the boards go their all very similar the Asus Republic of Gamer boards seems to be a lot of peoples choice when it comes to Gaming Rigs but then MSI Xpower board seems to have the best On board audio and On board Lan Chipset which would be nice because three s will probably cover all the PCI Slots but the board has the highest price tag So out of my choices listed I m just wondering which board seems the best to go with when it comes to BIOS and high overclocking on both the CPU and three s in Triple CFX By the way this is a Gaming Pc Thanks a lot for opinion s and comments for which to go with nbsp

A:High end Haswell Mobos

The 4820K will be socket LGA 2011. It will not work for this build (Z87).

When looking at high end boards, you do not need to look at onboard audio and LAN since enthusiasts usually like to buy sounds cards and high end network cards. But the Xpower comes with a Killer networking card already, so that is out of the way. You may want a sound card though.

All the boards have their advantages, like the Xpower has a killer (brand) LAN card, the ASUS has great quality and features (like the OC panel), and the Gigabyte, well, I dont know xD.

Keep in mind though, the Xpower motherboard is an XL ATX. Make sure your case can handle it.

I would recommend the ASUS since I love ASUS boards and they have great quality, but the MSI one is also tempting, just make sure your case can fit it. It really comes down to color schemes since all have great features. The Gigabyte may be loud since it has chipset fans, so I would avoid them.

If you are doing a triple xfire configuration, I really think you should water cool them since they will really heat up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-end-haswell-mobos.195831/
Relevancy 70.52%

So this is my current situation.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2917185658

I don't know why my download is so low, sometimes it's skyhigh (~60mbps) and sometimes it doesn't even make the 1 mbps I'm hooked on straight to our main modem I even put off Wi-fi and everything and I still have around 5mbps please help

A:Having problems with my download speed

Contact your ISP and tell them your download rates are fluctuating. They have ways of testing for problems with the lines.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-problems-with-my-download-speed.195611/
Relevancy 49.02%

I just did a couple speed tests on my computer.
The first one was 285pc Ping. 2.40mbps Download speed. 0.56 Upload speed.
The second test was 265pc Ping. 2.20mpbs Download speed. 0.60 Upload speed.
Are these numbers good? Thanks Ray ( hope I put this in the right forum)

A:Speed tests

With the exception of ping, they are nearly the same as what I have. Ping is a measure of time it take to get a response from a server. You could try a different server for different response times. However there are numerous reasons for fluctuation ping results, which could simply be a bad day.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-tests.195079/
Relevancy 16.77%

Up until a few days ago I had no problems with my wireless internet connection.
Ihave Bt Infinity. I have two computers a desktop operating on Windows xp and a laptop.
There is no problem with the laptop and am getting download speeds around 38 to 40 Mbps
However on the desktop the download speed has dropped to 3 to 4 Mbps and the connection cuts off every ten or 15 minutes. The only way I can get it back is to unplug and reinstall my netgear adapter.
Any help on resolving this issue would be much appreciated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bt-infinity-slow-and-connecting-keeps-dropping-out.195141/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello guys,

I have an USB flash memory brand PNY. Its speed is very low, that is, when I copy or delete files into/from it, it takes a very long time to be done. Is there a way to speed it up?

Thanks.

A:Speed the USB flash memory up

NO. Most likely you have it inserted to a USB 1.1 slot when it needs USB 2.0.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-the-usb-flash-memory-up.193713/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello all members,
I was searching for dedicated server for one of my clients and whenever I find a new host, I try to test dedicated server speed by downloading sample files. Recently, I have tested atlantic.net dedicated server speed, but how can I be sure that this speed will remain the same for my client's after buying?

FYI, here is the link from where I have tested dedicated server speed:

atlantic.net/dedicated-servers/dedicated-server-speed-test.htmlClick to expand...

A:Dedicated server speed test

Hmm; would appear that you are referring to a network bandwidth test.
However, as I write this Atlantic.net is DOWN - - ping just gets 110% timeouts.

This link has some reviews you might like to see.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dedicated-server-speed-test.192319/
Relevancy 24.51%

I recently installed the hyper 212 evo on my core i7 3770k at stock frequency after some trouble. My temps after 25mins of prime 95 are 47 C from asus AI suite and core temp the temps are 63, 60, 67, 69. This is at full load during prime 95.

Is the cooler mounted correctly and are my temps good for overclocking?

The cooler fan rpm are 850-900.

A:Core i7-3770k temps high after installing Hyper 212 Evo?

What voltage are you using? Stock voltage is usually way too high, try undervolting as much as you can without getting BSODs and you should see temps drop. But at the moment they don't look too excessive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i7-3770k-temps-high-after-installing-hyper-212-evo.185345/
Relevancy 89.44%

Greetings all hope you are doing fine Situation - I have a Mb DSL connection - Speed while downloading a file using Internet Download Manager is between - KB sec - Browsing streaming speed is between - KB sec - Speed while downloading a file using any browser is between - KB sec - Downloaded the TCP Optimizer and applied the Optimal settings Did not solve the issue - Followed the instruction here gt gt http www speedguide net articles w -tweaks- Did not solve the issue - TCP Analyzer is saying that my MTU is but in my router and in my NIC it is - Speed Test in Safe Mode can sometimes yield better results - Tried disabling all start-up items Did not solve the issue My setup OS Windows x NIC Atheros AR AR AR Router SMC WBRA Connection Type Ethernet ----------------------------------------------- Speed Test Results SpeedGuide net TCP Analyzer Results Tested on IP address xx xx proxy Client OS browser Windows Chrome TCP options string c MSS MTU TCP Window NOT multiple of download speed Fast browsing/streaming low speed, MSS RWIN Scaling bits Unscaled RWIN Recommended RWINs BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s MTU Discovery ON TTL Timestamps OFF SACKs ON IP ToS ------------------------------------------------ Thanks nbsp

A:Fast download speed, low browsing/streaming speed

Set the MTU in the router itself to 1492

Analyzer is saying that my MTU is 1460, but in my router and in my NIC it is 1500Click to expand...

the normal value for DSL is 1492, and 1460 is INVALID = = must be a multiple of 8.

Manually set {1472 or 1464} in the router.

The article cited has good info but I would opt for all the defaults.

restore:

netsh int tcp set heuristics enabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

see this article to set SackOpts=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fast-download-speed-low-browsing-streaming-speed.192638/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi,

I am running XP SP 2 on Intel Motherboard DH55TC, Core i5 CPU. UAA High Definition Audio class driver is resulting in high hardware interrupts that uses upto 10 to 12% of CPU. The interrupts goes away if I uninstall UAA Bus driver through Device Manager. But this also disables RealTek audio driver which means I hear sound no more.

I tried updating the UAA driver to Version 1.0a but still the hardware interrupts wont go away. Please help how to fix this issue.

A:Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio is causing high hardware interrupt

Download the Realtek drivers here Realtek drivers, you want the third one down, Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio-is-causing-high-hardware-interrupt.152928/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello everybody I have been having a huge problem this sound High-pitched PC from last month with my computer which I hope someone will be able to help High-pitched sound from PC me with The problem A high pitch squeak sound is coming from inside my PC It appears to be coming from my graphics card or somewhere above on the motherboard I am not a hardware geek at all so in all honestly I really do not know I am almost sure it is NOT coming from my fans or my PSU though it does sound like a voltage problem Here is a VIDEO I filmed of my PC making the annoying sound The facts The noises are random and not related to anything They will appear when I m doing nothing and they will appear when I m doing loads of stuff The noises last between - seconds The noises started occurring AFTER I installed my new SSD http ocz com consumer vertex- -sata- -ssd - I had never heard them before I cannot RMA it unfortunately After installing my new SSD I formatted my PC and installed Windows and that drive Note I am almost sure that the sounds are not coming from the SSD or HDD NO sounds during startup or in BIOS People can hear the sound through Skype EVEN WHEN MY MIC IS MUTED I find this very odd and I hope it might be something to help locate the problem Some days there are sounds all the time but I have tried going hours without sounds What I have tried already I have tried unplugging my secondary HDD I have tried disabling EIST mode in BIOS read it somewhere on a forum I have tried cleaning my PC of all dust I have tried to make sure that all cables are properly connected I have tried connecting the PC directly to a wall socket to see if it had anything to do with that My PC specs Intel Core i K GHz Gigabyte Z AP-D Motherboard GB Memory Kingston HyperX DDR NVIDIA GeForce GTX So that s the specifics of my problem I really hope someone will be able to help me with this Best regards Rasmus of Denmark nbsp

A:High-pitched sound from PC

It maybe somewhat related to the noises mentioned in this thread.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-psu-coil-whine-or-something-else.191221/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-pitched-sound-from-pc.191420/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi after a restart of my laptop Dell Inspiron high Sound definition problem/IDT the audio wasn t working I hovered in the tool bar and the sound was with a red X meaning problematic I clicked it and the window started searching for the problem which was Sound problem/IDT high definition IDT High Definition Audio Codec I continued by clicking the windows to solve it but it didn t and the problem remained In the msinfo -- gt Componets-- gt Problem Devices it says IDT High Definition Audio Codec error code I don t know what that means I downloaded a new driver but it was a rar file I extract it and they were some componets similar to IDT but I don t know what to do I clicked the setup but it didn t do anything or any other applicaton in that folder Please a little help as I can t seem to find any solution neither restarting solves the problem neither pressing again and again for windows to automatic solve the problem tech specs are windows ultimate b and laptop Dell Inspiron nbsp

A:Sound problem/IDT high definition

Does your PC have a Realtek audio controller? Go to device manager and collapse the Sound, video, and game controllers tab as shown in the link below (cant post an image from dropbox straight in). Tell me what is listed on it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7svnb31j7alwal/Dev-Mgr-View.JPG

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problem-idt-high-definition.191506/
Relevancy 25.37%

I don't really know why, or really what the names of these even mean but TMPIN3, AUXTIN, and TMPIN4 are noticeably high. And to be honest I've never even seen them on there before today. Should I be worried?

A:High temperature fluke?

Where are you seeing these temperatures and what do you mean by high?
Can you give us any more information (aside from none)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-temperature-fluke.190947/
Relevancy 48.59%

Basicly the core i5-3570k is running at 1600 when im just browsing the internet and I dont really like that so is the ram which si running at 680 mhz while it shoud be 1600 how to fix this I know that it goes to these figures just to save energy ect but I dont like it

A:I5-3570k core speed

Change your computer power options to 'High performance'. That will fix the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i5-3570k-core-speed.191059/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi folks, I'm having problems with my wireless connection on my desktop computer and I'm really stuck! The signal regularly drops to 1 bar and the speed will fluctuate anywhere between <1Mbps up to 11Mbps (although it's usually at the lower end), and sometimes it will lose connection with the router all together.
I've used a Belkin USB dongle and more recently a TP-Link PCI Express card, both N150. My router is a D-Link N150. Both the dongle and the adapter have had the same issues. In comparison, my Lenovo Z570 laptop and before it got destroyed my housemate's HP laptop had no issues, which basically leaves me with just my PC as a possible cause or some sort of setting somewhere.

PC spec:
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LE
Processor: i3

If anyone has any ideas I would be really grateful!

A:Wireless speed/signal problems

Does your router have a password? Someone could be stealing bandwidth.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-speed-signal-problems.190958/
Relevancy 16.77%

I slow running games Laptop m curious to know why this Acer aspired v - runs games slow Like Street fighter X Tekken can t run at max Laptop running games slow Iron brigade or even this MMO I play being FFXI I get lag running everything on high Specs AMD Quad core processor A AMD Radeon HD g MB GB DDR GB HDD I play FFXI a lot and I can t even increase resolution a bit or some settings higher because I will begin to experience some lag quot moving game camera slower then normal speed quot is there a particular reason as to why this laptop is having problems with light weight games I have only updated GPU driver and replaced HDD with SSD ive notice no improvements for any game other then pc booting in seconds and everything else OS wise is insane fast quot I m being told that if I update ram to gaming better ram my experience will increase Because this stock ram quot sucks quot so I m looking at GB HMZ should I buy that will it even help me is stock ram from laptops in general just bad nbsp

A:Laptop running games slow

It's a mobile low-end APU. You don't actually have a graphics card.

You need to turn down the graphical details in games.

RAM won't help you much, 4GB is OK.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-running-games-slow.190744/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi guys after having a lot of research I have found that or this type of high end gpu will overkill high-end suggest with any GPU 7950 this Would you rig? or the for my demandsi don t want to waster my hard earned money but want Would you suggest the 7950 or any high-end GPU with this rig? performance and long run in other words futureproof I know nothing is futureproof in tech more than - years MY rigRO i MOBO gigabyte b d v Ram gb ddr PSU CM watt GPU HELP ME About me I am a casual and normal gamer Would you suggest the 7950 or any high-end GPU with this rig? MY RES something in inch led monitor I want to play games in normal settings if possible to run game in high so why should I will miss it I want to play games about - or years smoothly without upgrading my system MY fav games Sleeping dogs gta air assault will be stronghold mainly I play strategy and gta type games mainly not others genres much MY QUES as on my demand I need more powerful PRO than powerful gpu thats why I choose i Should I need more powerful PRO found on net that or same level card like it will fill up my demands easily is it TRUE if true or wrong tell me some name of cards what about where should I invest more What I want Run game for - yrs smoothly don t greedy about gaming experience correct me if I m wrong N B SORRY BAD ENGLISH MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl nbsp

A:Would you suggest the 7950 or any high-end GPU with this rig?

What's your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/would-you-suggest-the-7950-or-any-high-end-gpu-with-this-rig.190906/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys I just got a new modem and ii was geting 2Mb's down and like 0.10kb/s up, And since I got my modem they said im gonna get 4Gb download for web pages its the same time..... only my speed has went up http://www.speedtest.net/result/2568698551.png

A:Internet speed confusion

What is your question here my friend. Why did this occur?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-speed-confusion.190594/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, I bought a new 600w Ocz MoxXStream-pro Psc the other day. I set it all up correctly, then it on then slowly increases after it asks me to press F1 to continue the fan speed increases then hits 100%. Windows loads up and all that. So I checked everything over, put new thermal paste in. But still the Cpu fan is hitting 100% speed. This really concerns me... Please, can anyone help me? I put in the old Psu and everything runs fine.I really don't understand...

System Dell xps 420, Evage 650Ti, 750gb Hdd.

A:PSU causing 100% fan speed

Don't know about the xps 420, but many Dells have proprietary PSUs and motherboards with connectors that may or may not conform the the standard ATX specs for pinouts. Check the Dell website or google it, someone has undoubtedly run into this problem before with the xps 420. Also could be faulty PSU causing mobo to go into survival mode.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-causing-100-fan-speed.189700/
Relevancy 25.8%

I built myself a pretty nice HTPC lately. I...don't exactly know what to do with it now.

Currently, it sits there recording TV shows with a dual tuner. Sometimes I make it transcode the files to MP4 video.

Some ideas I had for the build:
- Even though it'll be wireless-only, it could stream to other devices.
- It has Intel HD4000 graphics, so I can hook up gamepad and play some chilled games on it I suppose.
- ???
- Profit.

So, what would you make a PC that sits under your TV do, if you had one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-end-htpc-what-do.189779/
Relevancy 47.3%

I've copying files from one external hard drive to another and though both are USB 3 the transfer rate is 4MB/s or less. What is up? Both drives have been much faster by themselves.

A:Transfer speed between two external hard drives is 4MB/s :(

What kinda files? Lots of small files don't do well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/transfer-speed-between-two-external-hard-drives-is-4mb-s.189385/
Relevancy 24.94%

Dear all This is my first post in this forum My Dell studio XPS mt Bloomfield i no overclocking GIGs RAM has been working well for the last years I used it mainly for internet emails presentations database work and basic Standard and High Def video editing using AVIDEMUX and DIVX software In the last few weeks great deal of noise started to come out from the PC the noise occurred soon after opening an HD or an SD video file and continued until I close the file then the noise will Core high fan? or on i7-920 load: Hot faulty CPU gradually go down back to its idle state I opened the case and did a thorough cleaning with a house hold Dyson very carefully and a lot of dirt came out but no effect on the noise After some googling around one possible reason was excessive hard disk activity I had a look at the Resource Monitor and it did show high reading and writing activity coinciding with the noise Good I thought time had come for an upgrade so I went a head and installed a new SSD as my system drive and relegated my old hard disk for a storage purposes Unfortunately the noise persisted and it had become louder in the last few days I came across HardWare Monitor software and run it at idle state then at time of maximum noise Idle state Maximum noise I can see cores temp went up from - to - Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan? fan from to and fan from to Is my CPU going to die and what is meant by the Powers Package going up from w to w Is it the fault of processor or the fans or the heatsink Sorry for the long story but please advise me on what to do Many thanks nbsp

A:Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan?

Whoops!
I think I have made a mess trying to paste the 2 HardWare Monitor data images. Could some one tell me on how to put an image in my post as I kept getting error message that my post was too long!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hot-core-i7-920-on-high-load-faulty-cpu-or-fan.188882/
Relevancy 21.93%

I cannot download any youtube videos from my IDM why is this so??
it always gives a notification which I had posted with a screen shot...

A:Can't download YouTube videos

Try using jdownloader.org.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-download-youtube-videos.188880/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi there!

Straight to the point:

Tablet specifications:
- Manta Tablet PowerTab 10" HD MID1001
- CPU - Cortex A-8 1.5GHz
- GPU - Mali-400
- 3D OPEN GL V2.0
- Ram 1GB
- Android ver. 4.0.4
- compile number - crane_axmid-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20120803 test-keys
- kernel 3.0.8+ [email protected] #52

Problem:
- slow page load (if any!) - tested on default browser, chrome, opera, opera mini, etc etc
- no reaction for stopping loading pages

Thoughts:
- not a router problem (802.11n WPA2/AES)
- other android devices working well on that hotspot
- Google Play working well on tablet, no lags, no interference (same other online soft - skype etc)
- tried system restore, default settings, changing router settings

Techspot is my last hope. Help me!

A:Slow browser failing to load pages on tablet

Download a terminal emulator, do some pings.

Check the advanced setting for the Wifi, there may be some weird DNS entries or something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-browser-failing-to-load-pages-on-tablet.188781/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello everyone,

So, my problem is that I get pings of around 400ms when trying to play games online. I don't have this problem on my Laptop but got a new PC a few days ago and I have had the problem since I got that.

Here are my speedtest results:

​ ​I tried with both my windows firewall on and off and that didn't solve the problem. Also, I am using windows 8. Anyone have any ideas?​ ​Thanks in advance!​ ​

A:High ping - only in games?

What games are you trying to play?

It might be that it's simply that your connecting to the wrong servers on your games (playing with people far away and such)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-ping-only-in-games.188508/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys I am going to built a pc for high resolution gaming so I can play latest games and upcoming games next year ...
my pc specs will be -
cooler master haf 912 advanced mid tower cabinet
ASRock Z77 Pro3 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 motherboard
Sapphire Radeon HD 7970
i7-3770k
and 8 gb ram

so guys I want your reviews and if u feel like suggesting me pls go ahead
thanx

A:Building a new PC for high-res gaming

Looks like a good balance of components to me. Out of curiosity what power supply was you considering for the build?

For a single "SAPPHIRE HD 7970 3GB GDDR5", you will need at least a 550W PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-pc-for-high-res-gaming.188441/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I need a help to resolve one issue with my Belkin router F7D4402 v1. I have got it recently and configured it without any issue and my internet (ADSL) was up and running. However, later I have noticed that, my internet speed is limited to 1.5 Mbps. whereas; the speed I was getting on my old Linksys WAG200 router was minimum 2.0 Mbps.

I have tried to disable the QoS and other options but no use. But when I enabled the Mac cloning it worked fine. I was getting the speed I subscribed for, but unfortunately, the other devices on my Wi-Fi stopped working. With Mac clone enable, the internet is only available to my PC.

I need the internet on my PC plus all the Wi-Fi devices in my house and along with it my full internet speed, not just 1.5 Mbps.

Can anyone please help to fix the issue?

Thank a lot.

A:Belkin router F7D4402 v1 ADSL speed is fixed to 1.5 Mbps

It's not the router - - you up against the limit of ADSL.

see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-router-f7d4402-v1-adsl-speed-is-fixed-to-1-5-mbps.188430/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am paying for internet high speed 3 MBPS
just did a speed test my internet speed is Ping 155 download 0.56 upload 0.31
This is DSL
I have just called Windstream and there looking in to it.
My Qustion is where should I be at with 3 Mbps?

A:Need to know more about Internet speed

See this post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-know-more-about-internet-speed.188227/