Windows Support Forum

internal card reader not recognizing card; driver is working properly

Q: internal card reader not recognizing card; driver is working properly

Hi,

I have a "SanDisk Ultra CompactFlash" 4GB card and an internal card reader (HP desktop). When I insert the card into the reader, the green light above the slot turns on as if it recognizes the device, but it doesn't show up. Device Manager says that the driver is installed and working properly, and I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and restarted my computer. A system restore isn't really an option because it isn't my computer.

Any idea how I can fix this? Could it matter that I'm not on the Admin account on the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internal-card-reader-not-recognizing-card-driver-is-working-properly-674442.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: internal card reader not recognizing card; driver is working properly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 96.41%

I've got a couple of problems with my USB Hub and internal Card Reader. Both are generic so unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any drivers for them.

USB Hub
USB's and other devices work except my iPod cable. When I plug my iPod in through the hub, it connects but doesn't charge. If I use any other USB port, it charges fine. The model number is UH-315.

Internal Card Reader
The USB works but none of the other ports (SD, microSD etc.) do. I can't find a model number anywhere but the box does say:
Your perfect Link
Internal card reader Multi in one

Hopefully, that's enough to go on.

A:USB Hub and Internal Card Reader not working properly...

USB 2.0, Hi-Speed USB FAQ
"How does a USB hub slow down devices?
A USB hub has to re-calculate the time left before the next sof (end of the uframe); the small extra delay added by the hardware hub could make the transaction not handled as fast as a device directly connected to the host. If several devices are connected on the USB hub and working in parallel (for example, a webcam + a USB flash drive + a mouse), then the USB bandwidth is shared among the devices usage. "
I think that iPod is pretty sensitive on these things...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/179892-usb-hub-internal-card-reader-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 88.66%

quot One of the USB devices attached to card internal 7 not mem recognizing Win reader this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it I have USB ports in the back which are connected to my printer mouse keyboard and external hard drive which are all functioning fine I have two USB ports on the front which are unoccupied I have an internal memory card reader in this desktop and that's the only thing I think it can be To resolve the problem it is asking me to reconnect the device or replace it I have disconnected and reconnected th memory card reader while the pc was on the pc recognizes a device has been disconnected and reconnected but not what it is Under device manager it says quot Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code quot I have therefore disabled it for now but would like to get it working Do you think this problem wil be fixed automatically in an update sometime When I go to driver details it says quot No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device quot And when I click on update driver it says I have the latest driver Please help

A:Win 7 not recognizing internal mem card reader

If you disconnect this device, the error goes away? If so, then you should check for updated drivers from the manufacturer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/31310-win-7-not-recognizing-internal-mem-card-reader.html
Relevancy 87.42%

I am running a Dell Desktop Windows -bit OS with an internal SD card reader installed by Dell Both card reader recognizing 64-bit not internal 7 Windows the internal card reader and the card reader on my Windows 7 64-bit not recognizing internal card reader HP inkjet Windows 7 64-bit not recognizing internal card reader printer no longer recognize any of the SD cards plugged into it Here amp s what I amp ve done so far The SD card is recognized and can be opened to photo files if it is in the Canon camera and the camera is plugged in via a USB cord There are no or in the Device Manager All devices are quot Windows 7 64-bit not recognizing internal card reader working properly quot including the amp RealTec Card Reader amp The RealTec Card Reader was uninstalled and reinstalled from the mfgrs website to no effect on the problem Previously the SD cards used to be recognized automatically and the popup window asked how I wanted to open it whether the card was inserted in the internal card reader or the card reader on the HP printer Now there amp s nothing recognized on either There is no SD card showing in My Computer either I think that a recent windows automatic update screwed this up but I can amp t be certain I amp ve searched tech forums for a solution to no avail Please help nbsp

Relevancy 110.08%

I have/had a HP Pavilion P6510f and the mobo died. I replaced it with a Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H and now I can't get my internal card reader to be recognized. It's a 5 pin and I have plugged it into the empty FUSB slot and still not being recognized.

In device manager, it doesn't show and the only issue is an ethernet card.

I can't seem to figure out what to do to get it to work...

Any help would be awesome! Thanks!!

A:HP 15 in 1 internal card reader driver?

Check page 29 of the manual, are the cables the right way round?
Was the card reader the cause of died MOBO?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/167936-hp-15-1-internal-card-reader-driver.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hey everyone I am having trouble with my Multi-Card Reader SD Card Reader I am trying to recognizing not my is Windows Reader SD Solved: Reader/ Multi-Card Card take pictures off of my SD card and put them on my computer I have lost my USB cord for the camera and can t locate Solved: Windows is not recognizing my Multi-Card Reader/ SD Card Reader it at this time or I would Solved: Windows is not recognizing my Multi-Card Reader/ SD Card Reader do that So anyway I put the card in the SD card drive and the green light does not come on I then open up My Computer and the drive isn t even listed I checked in Device Manager as well and as far as I know it is not listed in there either If it is then it is under a name that I don t recognize So anyway I would greatly appreciate some help in getting my computer to recognize my Multi-Card Reader SD Card Reader Also I tried these things from my Standard Account Here s my system information Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION VIOLET Antivirus COMODO Antivirus Updated and EnabledClick to expand nbsp

A:Solved: Windows is not recognizing my Multi-Card Reader/ SD Card Reader

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-is-not-recognizing-my-multi-card-reader-sd-card-reader.1123454/
Relevancy 108.79%

HP G61 408C NOTEBOOK
WINDOWS 7

is not recognising my card reader from my camera to upload pics from camera to computer.
Its not the card itself, the card works in another computer
Also it was working with the usb cord from camera to laptop but that has stopped working now also.
Any ideas ??

A:Internal card reader not working

With either the card reader or the USB cable to the camera plugged in. go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc Right click the devmgmt icon in the search results and Run as Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, are there any devices with yellow flags or under Universal Serial Bus controllers is there an Unknown device? If so, right click it and Uninstall it. Now remove the USB cable/device from the computer end and restart the computer. When the computer comes back up, plug the USB cable into a different USB port and not through a Docking Station or Hub. You should get new hardware found.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internal-card-reader-not-working-687292.html
Relevancy 107.5%

I Recently installed windows 7 on my Sony Vaio VGN-N170G and now my internal card reader Dossent work! it used to work with XP! any Help?

A:Internal Card Reader Not Working on Windows 7!

Try updating drivers from here:

Sony eSupport - VGN-N170G/T - Software Updates & Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/76404-internal-card-reader-not-working-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 107.07%

Hi I have an Acer desktop Model number AM -U A to which Acer referred to as plain M Originally the computer came with a -in- memory card reader installed internally on the front of the computer tower installed on Windows Vista The memory card reader never worked and I never bothered to send my unit to get it fixed under warranty Properly Working Card Not Reader Now I have installed windows Ultimate and the card reader still doesn t work When I insert a memory card like SD the little light next to the slot comes on and then my windows hangs It seems like it goes to a loop I called Acer and they told me there is a secure software that my PC need to read it correctly They also want for it I know I can purchase a new reader for less price but I was wondering if anyone can solve the problem for me here Thank you under the device manager the card reader shows as USBSTOR DiskGeneric USB CF Reader USBSTOR DiskGeneric USB CF Reader USBSTOR DiskGeneric USBSTOR Generic USB CF Reader Generic USB Card Reader Not Working Properly CF Reader USBSTOR GenDisk GenDisk nbsp

A:Card Reader Not Working Properly

I've not heard of a "secure software". All that should be needed are the drivers. And if it has never worked, I'd suspect faulty hardware.

Is it listed in Device Manager? Is it shown as working properly, or is it displaying yellow ! ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/card-reader-not-working-properly.1010407/
Relevancy 106.64%

So first I had an internal card reader all in one USB MOBO connection that working in card reader (desktop) right Win7 Internal not 64-bit would work sometimes and not others so I thought maybe it just died Since they Internal card reader (desktop) not working right in Win7 64-bit re so cheap I just bought a new one and it doesn t work right either It has all the card slots plus a USB The USB works fine but the card slots don t If I put a card in a message pops up that says the card or disk as it calls it needs to be formatted first even though it already is formatted and works in other card readers If I try to format it Windows says it can t access the drive at all The reader comes up in Windows as a removable device I changed the drive path to S just to avoid any potential conflicts and in device manager under disk drives as quot generic storage device USB device quot It also shows up under USB controllers as quot USB mass storage device quot According to device manager the device is working properly Any ideas nbsp

A:Internal card reader (desktop) not working right in Win7 64-bit

I had the same issue with a Compaq Presario that my wife has, after a clean install upgrade to windows 7, installing all the drivers from compaq the card reader no longer works. Though the USB port on the reader works fine. This is the factory installed Card reader. I connected a USB connected card reader to the USB port on the Case card reader and it works as advertised. Have never been able to get the factory card reader to work under Win 7.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internal-card-reader-desktop-not-working-right-in-win7-64-bit.992430/
Relevancy 106.64%

Device is: Akasa AK-ICR-01 Internal Card Reader.

See PC Specs for other hardware. Running XPSP2.

I can plug my digital camera's USB2 cable into the USB2 port of hte Akasa card reader and a G: drive appears in explorer to allow me to navigate the photos on the camera's card.

However, if I plug the SD card directly into the Akasa card reader then no G: is displayed and I have no way of exploring the card.

Am I missing some drivers? should I have an install CD?

I have a folder:
"H:/Program Files/Multimedia Card Reader/"?

With:

/FreeDos
/FreeDos/command.com
/FreeDos/KERNEL.SYS
/InstallSQ.exe
/shwicon.exe
/Sunkist.ini

In it, but nothing else. If I try to run the InstallSQ.exe then I get a missing dll (ldamfilt), so it may be that I don't have all the files I need...

Any help greatly appreciated.
Simon

A:Solved: Akasa Internal Card Reader Not Working

Resolved. I ordered a second card reader and that works fine. So it looks like the first was duff and is going back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-akasa-internal-card-reader-not-working.566376/
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi Guys I decided to replace my old internal card reader with the Akasa quot internal -slot multicard reader with Superspeed USB AK-ICR- U What I thought was going to be a not Card working USB 3.0 Reader properly Akasa minute job became a bit of a headache I've installed it and powered up the pc it seemed to be working but then I got the message that the Akasa Card Reader USB 3.0 not working properly device could not be installed and no drivers were found So off I go to Akasa website I located the model and under support I found a quot installation software quot even though the manual Akasa Card Reader USB 3.0 not working properly makes no mention of it and it's supposed to be quot plug amp Play quot I installed the driver and again it seemed to work I was able to use my camera's memory card but when I tried to use another memory card it just froze the reader gets stuck with the quot reading light quot all the time on even when I take the card out if I switch off the pc the card reader will still be stuck with both power and reading lights on the only way for it to go off again is if I switch the power supply off When I power the pc on it all looks fine until I try to actually use the card reader the usb port seems to be working fine though My system is this Intel Core i - GHz Sandybridge Socket LGA Processor Integrated Intel HD Graphics GB Corsair DDR Gigabyte GA-H MA-D V GEN Intel H REV B Motherboard Windows - bit Any help

A:Akasa Card Reader USB 3.0 not working properly

This post will probably not help at all but in my experience with Akasa in a retail environment I've found that a lot of their complex hardware is, to put it bluntly, pants. This is mainly due to their drivers.
For fans they are absolutely not at fault; but anything more advanced than a spinning piece of plastic seems to befuddle their software designers.

That's pretty much my two cents and it doesn't answer your hardware problem but gives you an insight into why it may have arisen. I'll hand over to someone who has better thoughts on the subject now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/225711-akasa-card-reader-usb-3-0-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi Guys I decided to my old internal card reader for this Akasa quot internal -slot multicard reader with Superspeed USB AK-ICR- U What I thought was going to be a minute job became a bit of a headache I ve installed it and powered up the pc it seemed to be working but the I got the message that the device could not be installed and no drivers were found So working Akasa properly 3.0 Reader Card not USB off I go Akasa website I located the model and under support I found a quot installation software quot even though the manual makes no mention of it and it s supposed to be quot plug amp Play quot I installed the driver and again it seemed to work I Akasa Card Reader USB 3.0 not working properly was able to use my camera s memory card but when I tried to use another memory card nothing happened but the reader gets stuck with the quot reading light quot is all the time on even when I take the card out if Akasa Card Reader USB 3.0 not working properly I switch off the pc the card reader will still be stuck on both power and reading lights on the only way for it go off again is if a switch the power supply off When I power the pc on it all looks fine until I try to actually use the card reader the usb port seems to be working fine though My system is this Intel Core i - GHz Sandybridge Socket LGA Processor Integrated Intel HD Graphics GB Corsair DDR Gigabyte GA-H MA-D V GEN Intel H REV B Motherboard Windows - bit Any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/akasa-card-reader-usb-3-0-not-working-properly.1050214/
Relevancy 104.92%

I ve a Dell nbsp Inspiron R i m using Windows recently after installing windows I was installing Drivers and while doing that one of the driver s installation faied and following log was generated please help me with this Update Package Execution Started Original command line quot C Users Rishiraj Downloads Programs Chipset Driver H VVY WN A EXE quot DUP Framework EXE Version DUP Release H VVYX - Intializing framework logo png User Command attended DUP Capabilities Value xFFFFFF DUP Vendor Software Version Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes Local System OS Version OS Compatible with this Package Yes Local System OS Language EN Language Compatible with this Package Yes Identified Behavior attended Temporary payload log file name C ProgramData dell drivers Chipset Driver H VVY WN A DUPC F tmp Translated Command Line Setup exe v quot LOGFILE quot C ProgramData dell drivers Chipset Driver H VVY WN A DUPC F tmp quot quot not driver installed Reader properly. RTS5179 being Card Realtek is Path C ProgramData dell drivers Chipset Driver H VVY WN A Identified Behavior attended Append Vendor Software Log C ProgramData dell drivers Chipset Driver H VVY WN A DUPC F tmp --- Start of Vendor Software Log --- --- End of Vendor Software Log --- Vendor Software Return Code logo png Name of Realtek RTS5179 Card Reader driver is not being installed properly. Exit Code DEP SOFT ERROR Exit Code set to Realtek RTS5179 Card Reader driver is not being installed properly. x Result FAILURE Name of Exit Code DEP SOFT ERROR Execution terminated at date-time Update Package Execution Started Original command line quot C Users Rishiraj Downloads Programs Chipset Driver H VVY WN A EXE quot DUP Framework EXE Version DUP Release H VVYX - Intializing framework logo png logo png Name of Exit Code SUCCESS Execution terminated at date-time Update Package Execution Started Original command line quot C Users Rishiraj Downloads Programs Card Reader Chipset Driver H VVY WN A EXE quot DUP Framework EXE Version DUP Release H VVYX - Intializing framework logo png User Command attended DUP Capabilities Value xFFFFFF DUP Vendor Software Version Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes Local System OS Version OS Compatible with this Package Yes Local System OS Language EN Language Compatible with this Package Yes Identified Behavior attended Temporary payload log file name C ProgramData dell drivers Chipset Driver H VVY WN A DUP D F tmp Translated Command Line Setup exe v quot LOGFILE quot C ProgramData dell drivers Chipset Driver H VVY WN A DUP D F tmp quot quot Path C ProgramData dell drivers Chipset Driver H VVY WN A Identified Behavior attended Append Vendor Software Log C ProgramData dell drivers Chipset Driver H VVY WN A DUP D F tmp --- Start of Vendor Software Log --- --- End of Vendor Software Log --- Vendor Software Return Code FileUtility DeleteDirectoryTree RemoveDirectory has reported failure The error message reported by the system is The directory is not empty logo png Name of Exit Code DEP SOFT ERROR Exit Code set to x Result FAILURE Open file C ProgramData Dell UpdatePackage Log Chipset Driver H VVY WN A txt Name of Exit Code DEP SOFT ERROR Execution terminated at date-time Update Package Execution Started Original command line quot C Users Rishiraj Downloads Programs Card Reader Chipset Driver H VVY WN A EXE quot DUP Framework EXE Version DUP Release H VVYX - Intializing framework logo png User Command attended DUP Capabilities Value xFFFFFF DUP Vendor Software Version Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes Local System OS Version OS Compatible with this Package Yes Local System OS Language EN Language Compatible with this Package Yes Identified Behavior attended Temporary payload log file name C ProgramData dell drivers Chipset Driver H VVY WN A DUP tmp Translated Command Line Setup exe v quot LOGFILE quot C ProgramData dell drivers Chipset Driver H VVY WN A DUP tmp quot quot Path C ProgramData dell drivers Chipset D... Read more

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19665416
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi I am running XP with SP installed OK after I turned off AVG and ZA I have a Nikon Coolpix digital camera and a San Disk mb SD card I have installed the Nikon software without difficulty My PC has a card reader slot on the front along with the USB ports When I put the sd card in the reader and try to transfer the images the Nikon software tells me that there is card card[/B] reader [B]Internal recognise sd wont no memory card in the connected camera or the card reader The sd card does not show up in the removable storage on My Computer I have not been able to locate the card reader in device manager although I am not really sure what to look [B]Internal card reader wont recognise sd card[/B] for There is not any problem transferring the images via the USB cable so the problem does not seem to be with the sd card The forum on the fujitsu my PC is a fujitsu site is not currently up and running due to maintenance and the instructions supplied with the PC are not any help Any ideas on how to get the card reader working or how to [B]Internal card reader wont recognise sd card[/B] check that it is ok Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 99.33%

I have the very latest Windows 8.1 update.

My internal multi card reader has been working fine for just under a year but just recently it has stopped recognising SD cards. When I insert a card it normally opens an explorer window but now it does nothing and does not show in file explorer.

Though if I click on .. file explorer/manage/disk management .. it then opens an explorer window for the card.
I have the setting in autoplay - memory card and removable drive set to open explorer.
I don't think the card reader is becoming faulty, anybody with any ideas

A:SD Card Not Being Recognised With Internal Card Reader

The only issue I've had with card readers and SD cards has been the 2GB limit of older SD cards versus 4GB and above with newer SDHC cards, had to get a newer card reader.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/53516-sd-card-not-being-recognised-internal-card-reader.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Hey there,

I'd like to start by thanking anyone who can offer some help or suggestions. I have installed XP SP3 (Lite) on my Acer Aspire 5920 using the SATA drivers. However, I cannot get the Card Reader Driver to work.

I installed the Ricon Card Reader driver from the Acer website and from other forums but whenever I put my SD Card into the slot I get a Driver Install message popping up. I cannot get this to work and thus I cannot install working drivers.

The only driver known to cause problems with XP for the 5920 is the webcam driver, which I have not installed.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this issue?

Thanks,
Clarkie

A:Card Reader Driver Not Working

What exactly is a 'Lite' edition?

Is that hacked?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/card-reader-driver-not-working-538666.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I have a eMachines computer that we recently changed out the motherboard on. Previously, it recognized the SD/MMC card reader with no problems. Now, it is not even showing the device. Tried "add hardware" but the computer isn't finding it. Everything is plugged in to the motherboard. Any ideas?

A:Computer not recognizing SD/MMC Card Reader

Hello gcornett and welcome to the forums

Can you follow these steps for me please:

1. Open the start menu
2. Type Device Manager in the search box
3. Look at this list for something with SD or MMC or card reader in it (for example in my laptop there is only a SD card reader and under device manager there is an entry called SD Hosts Adapters)
4. Expand it by clicking on the little triangle to the left of it and right click on whatever is inside it
5. Then select Uninstall

The reboot your computer and Vista will install the driver for you.

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/software/283332-computer-not-recognizing-sd-mmc-card-reader.html
Relevancy 94.6%

The media reader on my desktop PC seems to be working as the light comes on when I put the SD card in. However, the PC isn't recognizing the card. Can anyone help please?

A:Meader Reader Not Recognizing SD Card

It should read Media Reader. Anyone have any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/meader-reader-not-recognizing-sd-card.715023/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello I have a question about SD Card Readers I have one the Realtek Card Reader SD an Reader need Card Does 2.0 Driver? where you insert the SD Card and plug in a USB cable to connect it to the computer Does Does an SD Card Reader need the Realtek 2.0 Card Reader Driver? the SD Card use a USB Root Hub to Does an SD Card Reader need the Realtek 2.0 Card Reader Driver? connect or does it use the Realtek Card Reader My real question is if I had accidentally uninstalled my Realtek Card Reader built into the computer will an SD Card Reader connected by USB be able to read the SD Cards Also is there a way I can prevent SD cards from being read through a reader on my computer without uninstalling a USB Hub Driver Like specifically prevent new Drivers from being installed or prevent new SD Cards from being recognized Such as using a free downloadable tool that someone may know about I have tried going to Devices and Printers right clicking on my PC Device Installation Settings then turning off automatic driver installs After I do that and plug in a new device it still auto installs the drivers and can use it

A:Does an SD Card Reader need the Realtek 2.0 Card Reader Driver?

Disable the driver, through Device Manager.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/344662-does-sd-card-reader-need-realtek-2-0-card-reader-driver.html
Relevancy 92.45%

PLEASE HELP!!
I have an internal card reader which i have used since computer was bought
I have always just opened my computer and selected drive
Now they are gone.
I have tried computer managment and cant find them
yet i haven't done anything
I have tried system restore to before i lost them
with no luck
I have tried updating driver
no luck
I'm lost at sea
PLEASE HELP ME
darren

Relevancy 92.45%

I've searched for info on this topic but cannot get the direction I need so I'll post a question. I have a Dell Optiplex 330 a little more than a year old. I want to add an internal card reader so I can read CF, SD and other cards primarily from digital cameras. I bought one but it had a 4 or 5 pin USB connector on it and the only open connector on my motherboard is a SATA receptacle - no USB connections available.

The question is, are there internal card readers with a SATA connection available? Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

A:Internal card reader

No there aren't, at least that I know of. Just get a PCI-E 1x USB add-on card and plug it in that. Example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815283014
Or if you (only) have free PCI slots: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124008 Cheaper and does the same job...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internal-card-reader.784328/
Relevancy 92.45%

I have a built in multi-card reader, seems to work fine. It shows up as 4 drives "G, H, I, J", and I only use "G". Is there a way to hide the other 3? Is there a way to change the drive letter(s)? Right clicking doesn't seem to give this option.

A:Internal Card Reader

Quote: Originally Posted by tcat7

I have a built in multi-card reader, seems to work fine. It shows up as 4 drives "G, H, I, J", and I only use "G". Is there a way to hide the other 3? Is there a way to change the drive letter(s)? Right clicking doesn't seem to give this option.

Good morning tcat, use the following steps:Go to desktop
Where you see "My Computer" right click
You will see a drop down menu.
Left click on Management
A new dialog box will display
Look for Hard drives and click on it
You will see all drives listed.
Change your devices accordingly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/95991-internal-card-reader.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Windows 7 SP2 Intel desktop PC.
I have a weird 3? slot internal USB card reader problem.
All SD and mSD cards (last with adapter) are recognized normally as storage devices except one Sandisk Extreme Pro 8GB micro SD, which worked normally until 2 weeks ago but still works normally with other external USB card reader.
With internal USB reader all SD cards used to be drive L: and still are L:, except this Sandisk Pro.
When this Sandisk mSd card is inserted nothing happens and looks like Windows considers it as nothing or something else but not a storage device.
Nor computer storage manager doesn't see it in internal card reader.

But when I use external card reader, this Sandisk SD card works normally and is given a letter S:.

It looks like some kind registry numerator of USB devices has listed this SD card ID as not storage device.
Any ideas how to troubleshoot?

A:SD card stopped working in old reader while reader and card are OK

If it were in the registry as not a valid device, it wouldn't work from the external reader, either. I would check to make sure that you don't have dirty contacts in the internal reader. Sometimes dust can get in there and raise havoc, especially on some SD cards which have more active contacts than others. One dirty contact can make one card not work, while other, low density cards, will.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340058-sd-card-stopped-working-old-reader-while-reader-card-ok.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello!
Im having problems with my smard card reader. If I insert a SD card into it. It asks me to format it, but its already formatted and works fine in another reader. Reader reads another type of cards well, only SD cards aint working. And im using SD not SDHC, so that cant be the problem.
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 91.59%

Heej guys,

I have a problem with my pc

First i had windows xp and my card reader worked fine.

Now i have windows 7 ultimate 32bit but the card reader doesn't work anymore

The internal card reader is: Apacer AE161

Plug and play system

It's plugged in usb2 in my motherboard.

There is power because it gives a light when my pc turns on. But when i put a memory card in it the pc doesn't see it. it does nothing at all.

Can someone help me?

btw: i'm new here so welcome to everyone and did i post this thread in the right section?

A:Internal Card Reader Problem !!

I went to their web site and for that unit there are no drivers after XP. Time to get a new one.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/126635-internal-card-reader-problem.html
Relevancy 91.59%

i have an e-machine that i just replaced the ps and the mb on took me a what heck? reader card internal ... the while to figure out the pin atx ps but i got that the mb i internal card reader ... what the heck? got to replace is good and i m sure it ll work great but the original e-machine mb had the i o ports for the front-audio i o and the -in- card reader placed right next to each other i luckily found the f-audio i o port in the bottom corner on the mb but i m totally baffled as to where the card reader goes i see the two -pin usb ports and there s a similar group of pins labeled quot com quot placed next to the four-pin cd audio-in port but it doesn t seem to be right i ll try and make a picture here x empty hole o pin connector the two -pin usb s look like this ---usb oxooo ooooo ---usb oxooo ooooo something everyone knows already i m sure the com port looks like this ---com oooox ooooo BUT the card reader looks like this rwgbx rwgb or this depending on which way it s turned bgwr xbgwr the is a blocked hole i m not sure why it s blocked but i un-blocked it by just jabbing the block out carefully the hole is fine the wires connecting to the plug are black green white and red all paired together i m thinking there might have to be some wire switching with the plug but i really don t know where to move them HELP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internal-card-reader-what-the-heck.740271/
Relevancy 91.59%

Who makes an internal smart card reader for desktop PC's that will run with Windows 98 first edition? I have seen them at Tiger Direct with USB hubs but they need second edition. I'm sure I saw some simpler ones a while back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internal-smart-card-reader.107223/
Relevancy 91.59%

Afternoon folks, Having a few problems with my internal multi card reader. When i bought my 2nd hand tower a few weeks ago it had a non-working (damaged actually) multi card reader fitted, i bought a new internal multi card reader fitted it and it worked straight away. Today after my holidays i have gone to use my internal multi card reader to put my holiday photos on my pc and nothing, it is not detecting any of my memory cards (SD, XD etc etc) whatsoever. The usb 2.0 socket bulit into the card reader still seems to be working 100%...Any ideas folks...Regards Colin

Sorry forgot to add i am using Xp professional

Relevancy 91.59%

Hi all, I am researching components for building my first computer and I'm stuck on two points. I intend to fit an internal card reader and am wondering how it connects to the motherboard. I will be using an MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum MOBO. Any suggestions for a make of card reader would also be appreciated.
I am also undecided about what make of HDDs to use. I intend to fit two 120GB
SATA drives, but which make is best? Any ideas would be welcome. Cheers.

Relevancy 91.59%

I'm looking for a Smart Card reader and USB hub combination to fit in a 5.25 bay. I found one but it requires three internal USB ports. I have those on my Asus A7V card. It also needs to Win98se to work. I have the first edition and had some trouble once trying to use the internal USB ports while connecting my current USB hub. It sounds like 98se supports the feature. Are there any simpler products or a nifty solution of PCI cards and such?

A:Internal Smart Card Reader

What do you mean by niftier? If you have USB on the motherboard as well as the smart card connector (which the A7V has) why would you want to go out and buy another one? Go to SOYO's web site, they have bays for smart card and USB in one unit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internal-smart-card-reader.104860/
Relevancy 91.59%

Looking for a Sata Internal Card Reader like the one the Mac towers use. I ran out of usb headers and this is the only solution that I like. I don't like the use internal spliters (It fried a board in a Build that I had built for some one else in the past). Can't seem to find any. I know it strange.

Just to make it clear it is a Card Reader that connects to the MB in no other way other then a sata connector.

A:Looking for a Sata Internal Card Reader

Sata Internal Card Reader - Google Search

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/178032-looking-sata-internal-card-reader.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I am about to upgrade to windows vista and I saw that vista can use flash drives as ram, kinda a middle ground between the ram and the page file on the hard drive.

I want to use the internal memory card reader on my laptop to host a memory card to do just this. How do I find the maximum speed of the card reader for different types of media.

My comp
Compaq v2000, 1.8 turion. 100 gig 7200rp hd

Memory card reader,
Texas Instruments PCIxx21 Integrated FlashMedia
6 in 1, SD * MS/ Pro*MMC*SM*XD

I am tempted to buy a 80x 1 gig flash card, but if my comp can handle it I might go up to a 100x card.

Relevancy 91.59%

I recently purchased a INT-AIN1-C internal card reader, I installed it, unplugged one of my USB internal ports to free up space to plug in the device, when you plug it in and try to power up the pc nothing happens it won't power up, unplug the device and the pc will power on, I took the unit back and exchanged it, and I'm still having the same problem. Any advice on what's happening, and what I can do to fix the problem?

A:INT-AIN1-C Internal card reader

I'm going to guess you're either connecting it improperly, or to the Firewire connection and not the USB connection. No way it should prevent the machine from powering up if it's connected properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/int-ain1-c-internal-card-reader.572286/
Relevancy 91.59%

I have a SOYO KT-400 Ultra Platinum Motherboard with an Athlon 2500+ CPU, I purchased a few different 6 in 1 USB Internal card readers and I have had problems with every one of them. I know that I can't possibly have 4 defective units so I think I am doing something wrong. I'm not a complete idiot and I know that I have the unit plugged in correctly from the positive wire in pin 1 on the motherboard. I myself think it is a driver problem. I have gone to the Soyo website and tried the updated USB 2.0 drivers and that doesn't seem to work either. Any ideas??? Please e-mail me at [email protected] if you have any ideas!!!!

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-internal-card-reader-problem.148657/
Relevancy 91.59%

I have a computer with an internal 6 in 1 flash card reader. It is supposed to read SD, CF etc. cards. Sometimes when I boot up, the drives do not show up in Windows Explorer and other times they show as "Removable Disk (K)" etc. Clicking View/Refresh in Windows Explorer does not always solve the problem. With external card readers, I would just pull the card out and put it back and It would be recognized. Obviously, this does not work with internal USB connections.

Another, probably related, problem occurs when the drives show up in Windows Explorer but Windows fails to recognize the flash card when it is inserted. Again, View/Refresh does not solve this problem.

I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2 and all updates. Any suggestions? Anyone with a similar problem?

A:Internal Card Reader Recognition

Sometimes when I boot up, the drives do not show up in Windows Explorer and other times they show as "Removable Disk (K)" etc.Click to expand...

I have the same problem on 1 out of 3 machines. The two that work are both on Intel boards and the one that is intermittant is on an ECS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internal-card-reader-recognition.332926/
Relevancy 91.59%

can someone till me how to get a memory card out of the wrong slot on a computer it has pic's on it and it is now inside 6in1 Internal Card Reader thanks

A:6in1 Internal Card Reader

Please stick to your original thread here: http://forums.techguy.org/digital-photography-imaging/455906-texxjr.html

Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/6in1-internal-card-reader.455909/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi all, I need some help. Since yesterday my internal multimedia card reader stopped being detected by windows. The only change I remember in the system was a windows update and a windows media player upgrade (to v10).

It's strange, it worked fine (4 "drives" detected in My Computer), now... nothing.

Thanks in advance!
Pedro

A:Internal Card Reader not detected

Have you tried rebooting?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internal-card-reader-not-detected.555609/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi, i just added an internal usb 8 in 1 card reader to my setup, that is designed for winME that I'm running and requires no drivers. It works fine but causes a 2 minute delay to the boot process. Is that normal? Nothing is marked as wrong in device manager but it seriously slows the startup down when connected. Any advice?

For your info the pc is an old williamette p4 1.5 on an intel 850gb mobo that is not usb 2.0 capable, but the reader is supposed to be backward compatible so that shouldnt be the problem.

cheers
Chasers

Relevancy 91.59%

I just put together a new system today with Core 2 Duo & Win 7 pro 64 bit and it is running great but for one small glitch. I put in a cheap 58-in-one (SD, MMC, etc) Vantec internal memory card reader and turns out it isn't compatible. Does anyone know of a specific brand and model that will work with 7?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-win-7-internal-memory-card-reader-454977.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I have plugged the internal memory card reader into my computer in the correct slot, in one of my 5 JUSB slot's and the computer recognizes it, but it will not detect that there is a card plugged in. Very odd. Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone! And Merry Christmas!

Salt

A:Internal Memory Card reader won't work

Is XP updated to Service Pack 3? Have you tried temporarily connecting the card reader to another USB connector?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internal-memory-card-reader-wont-work.118408/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi, about a month ago, I bought a 1gb Sandisk Memory Stick Micro (M2) for my Sony Ericsson w580i. It worked fine on my computer. Then about a week ago, I popped in the memory card and the "phone card" drive that usually appears in "My Computer" was not there anymore. Also, even my phone couldn't read the card. So today I exchanged that one for a new one. Now, my phone can read the card, but my computer still cannot. I contacted Sandisk support, but that was not helpful. They only suggested that it was an internal card reader problem. I mean, this is just so weird. It was working perfectly at first. So I wouldn't think that it's a compatibility issue. But then again, I don't know much about computers. Does anyone have any idea specifically what my problem is, and is there a solution?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possibly-an-internal-card-reader-problem.723423/
Relevancy 90.73%

i have a card reader for the front of my pc, i'm wondering what connection do i hook it up to on my mobo to get it up and running

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internal-type-card-reader-installation-76815.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I have a Dell Inspiron 560 that has an internal card reader, supposedly available and noted under Device Manager >Drivers as
Code:
Generic "type of card" USB Device
and all are shown as working.

Further down Device Manager in Portable Devices are
Code:
Canon DC (? F, somehow renamed:confused:), G, H and J
all working.

I am unable to use the reader and have to use an old portable reader via a USB port.

Can some one suggest what is wrong and how it can be put right? Please!

A:Cannot download from camera via internal card reader

Hi there ... Did your Card Reader ever work .. The reason i ask this is because there are a lot of reports about the Reader on the Dell site ... Some people even state that it came with the wrong cable ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/320581-cannot-download-camera-via-internal-card-reader.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I have Dell Optiplex GX620, P4 3.4ghz tower. I'd like to install an internal USB card reader in the unused 3.5" drive bay. The problem I'm having is locating the USB port on the motherboard to connect the USB drive to. Has anyone done this or has a similar machine that has a factory card reader installed. I already have a multi card reader with the pin connectors.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

CB

A:3.5" USB internal card reader for a Dell

There are only so many places for it to hide on the motherboard and if you can't find it, it isn't there. Actually, I looked up the manual and it doesn't appear to have an internal USB header. You'll have to install a PCI USB card with an internal header.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-5-usb-internal-card-reader-for-a-dell.165022/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi,
Mine is a Dell desk top XPS/Dimension 410/9200 [Dimension ViiV Dual Core E6400 2.13Ghz, 1066Mhz]
This came with a Media Card Reader 13-in-1 Internal.

I have problem in reading latest SanDisk SDHC 4GB Card [used in digital Camera] in my computer.

I went into my Device Manager and looked under Disk Drives and it has
TEAC USB HS-CF Card USB Device
TEAC USB HS-MS Card USB Device
TEAC USB HS-SD Card USB Device
TEAC USB HS-xD/SM USB Device
All of the above has the following
driver detail : Microsoft Driver
date 21/06/2006
Driver:6.0.6001.18000

I find this in Dell's site:
TEAC CA200 HH 13-1 Card Reader. There are TEAC Driver and Firmfare available. I do not know the make of my Media Card Reader.

Am I safe to install one of the above? If so which one should I install.
I am very greatful for your advice.
Thanking you

A:Media Card reader 13-in 1 internal and problems

The device is using generic Windows drivers...
To locate the correct driver either visit Teac's site if you have a model # or consult the manual that came with the reader.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/199256-media-card-reader-13-1-internal-problems.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Whenever I plug my internal card reader into my motherboard, it slows down my boot quite a bit. By boot, I mean before I get the option to enter my BIOS or select which device I want to boot from. My card reader is this one: Rosewill.com - Accessories, Card Reader, Internal Card Reader, RCR-IC002

I've tried switching which USB port it's plugged into on my motherboard, making my PC boot into my HDD before any USB devices, and uninstalling then reinstalling the drivers. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

A:Internal Card Reader Slows Boot

It depends on when this issue occurs after you push the button: POST, BOOT, or STARTUP.

P.O.S.T (Power On Self Test) is literally when the BIOS "finds itself" and reads and checks the instructions in the CMOS chip. The first instruction is to emit a single BEEP when finished. The next instruction is to run the BOOT routine.

If the device is causing the POST to fail then I would guess an electrically defective device.

During the BOOT routine the BIOS maps the RAM, then finds, enumerates (names), and initiates (activates) the devices connected to the board, then goes looking for Boot Devices to start, in that order.

If the device is causing the BOOT to fail then it could be that the BIOS is too old to recognize the device, the device is defective and will not initiate, or the firmware in the device is bad or corrupted and does not send the proper identifier to the BIOS to read.

After the BIOS has completed it's BOOT routine and has found an active boot device it will run the STARTUP of the OS or whatever program it finds. Then, and only then, do the device's drivers come into play. Your device is failing before STARTUP, so forget about it's drivers.

Let us know whether the issue occurs before POST or during BIOS BOOT.

EDIT: When you say "slows down my boot quite a bit", what do you mean? 10 seconds? 60 seconds? More?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/138528-internal-card-reader-slows-boot.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Built a new system, all good EXCEPT memory card reader. No big deal, but I have had internal card readers on the last couple of PCs and find them convenient. Ordered a Rosewill RCR IC0001-r, found that id does not work with Win 8 /64. Started asking vendors about compatibility, not finding any solid answers. Does anyone have any info on this??

Thanks,

Stan

A:Is there an internal USB3 card reader that works on W 8 64

A lot of times the Windows 7 64 bit driver will work just fine in Windows 8. If you have already tried that then just disregard this post.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/23364-there-internal-usb3-card-reader-works-w-8-64-a.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Last night I moved to a new case. Everything is perfect but my internal USB card reader just does not work anymore.
The only difference between the two cases is that the new one has 2 x USB 3.0 and 2 x USB 2.0 in the front panel. The old one had one each.

The reader is recognized and shows in device manager as working properly.
Tried uninstalling and rebooting, it installs OK, but doesn't work.

The USB slot in the reader works just fine.

Memory cards work if they are empty, but if I insert one with JPGs in it, I only see generic icons and when trying to preview them I get the following error:

COM Surrogate has stopped working.

Then Windows Explorer freezes, hangs and restarts.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

J

A:Changed case - Internal USB Card Reader does not work

Question: Is your USB built in or install in a PCI or PCIe slot? Some USB cards require a power connecter. The add on card in my system has to be connected in order to work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/271374-changed-case-internal-usb-card-reader-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I'm using Win 7 64bit and I can't get it to see the Akasa InterConnect Internal Smart Card Reader. If this isn't compatible with Win 7 64bit, does anyone please know of an Internal Card Reader that can read HDSC cards?
Thanks.

A:Akasa InterConnect Internal Smart Card Reader

I don't know about the Akasa model, but this is what I have on my system. It works perfectly in all of my installed OSes, and can read/write SDHC cards.

Sweex - My Digital Life

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/19182-akasa-interconnect-internal-smart-card-reader.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I just installed an internal memory media card reader (USB2) on an Emachines Celeron box running WinXP Home ed. The first time I insert a memory card, it reads it no problem, However when I click on the eject icon to exect the card (for safe removal), the reader shuts down and will not come back to life. The same happens with external readers, but unplugging it and replugging turns the external back on. Obviously I can't do this with an internal pluffed into the on board usb header!

Is there any solution other than a system reboot?

I know that in the future I can also pull the memory chips without ejecting if I leave a bit of time for them to finish writing, but I would also like to find a way to wake up an ejected reader which has shut down,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internal-usb-media-card-reader-dies-after-eject.676164/
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi, I?d like to install a media card reader (e.g. HP 468494-005) into the shared internal/external 3.5" drive bay of my HP Z240 SFF workstation but it doesn't fit. It probably needs a carrier of some kind, because the casing is just a bit too wide and there are no holes for the standard screws. I couldn't find any instructions on the HP website. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Z240-SFF-installing-a-card-reader-into-the-shared-internal/td-p/5739086
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi all I need help to solve the following problem OS Windows when Wifi Reader becomes slow is device use in Card USB Internal Home Premium bit I have an USB Wifi adapter for my network connection It is connected to of the front USB ports of my PC Internal Card Reader becomes slow when Wifi USB device is in use When i try to read Internal Card Reader becomes slow when Wifi USB device is in use my SD cards using the internal front card reader and i have the Wifi adapter connected the reading speed is very slow lt Mbyte s If i unplug the Wifi USB the speed immediately goes up to gt Mbyte s I guess i have some driver configuration conflict but i cannot identify it I need your help to identify this conflict and to solve it Thanks Paulo Computer type PC Desktop Computer Manufacturer Model Number Tsunami Frontier W - OS Windows Home Premium bit CPU Intel Core i - Lynnfield B Motherboard Intel DP WB Memory x MB PC DDR SDRAM - Kingston U - A LF Graphics Card s ATI AMD Radeon HD MB GDDR SDRAM Hard Drives SSD Samsung EVO GB Seagate ST AS GB Serial ATA Gb s Antivirus Avira Free Browser Chrome

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386858-internal-card-reader-becomes-slow-when-wifi-usb-device-use.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Is it likely my oem card reader had failed It is installed in a eMachine desktop t two card reader multi-media failure internal years old with a gig of ram and latest xp updates A couple of internal multi-media card reader failure days ago I inserted a CF card and nothing happen I started My Computer and all reader drive icons were gone I have reinstalled all usb and media bay drivers with limited luck I am now showing generic removable disk icons no specific icons memory stick CF SM etc and names but no autoplay autoplay settings are on and can force it to read some cards but not others It will read a memory stick and a mb CF card I have but freezes computer if a mb CF card is inserted The mb card is read fine by two other computers Plus the usb port on the card reader is not even recognised at all I have run a up to date Norton virus scan and some spyware scans clean I can t associate any changes on the computer with the reader failure I also restored to an earlier date with no luck I appreciate any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 88.58%

Hi to all,
I recently bought a Scan internal card reader, installed it, my PC recognized it, installed the drivers automatically, also a windows update was available for the card, installed everything & seems to work fine. The reader recognizes all the cards i give it including the USB, however I cannot manage to see the usual removable drives an internal card reader usually displays when it is attached to the PC.

The drive only appears when a card is inserted, is this normal?

Thanks for your help..

A:Solved: Internal Card reader works but does not show drives...

That's not 100% normal, but that's even better than the usual 4 drives hanging around for no reason in the Computer window... I think so, at least. If the reader works, don't worry about it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internal-card-reader-works-but-does-not-show-drives.818261/
Relevancy 88.15%

So reader functioning from not downgrade 10 Windows after Card properly I took advantage of the free upgrade to Win in case I ever decide to switch Card reader not functioning properly after downgrade from Windows 10 and immediately downgraded back to Win When I insert a card it just doesn't do anything no notification or anything The only way I can get the built in card reader to work is by disabling it and re-enabling it in device manager It's enabled in Card reader not functioning properly after downgrade from Windows 10 the BIOS It shows up in device manager I've tried the drivers from Lenovo's site tried the ones from Realtek's site and pretty much everything else I could find in searching Nothing else has changed program wise that may interfere with it that I can find Not used for gaming or anything like that just MS Office programs and a few other basic programs for work but they have all been installed for a couple years at least Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E c Windows Ultimate x Intel Core i - QM GB SSD TB HD Card reader has the P N LS- P on it Any help would be much appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/399964-card-reader-not-functioning-properly-after-downgrade-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a 2gb SD card that was working perfectly in my camera moments ago. I bought an SD card reader, tried to get it to work - but to no avail. It appeared as a letter drive, however when I tried to open it, it would say "insert disk into E:\" .

So I tried to format the card, but it gave me an error saying it couldn't format.

Now I tried to put it back in my camera, and it says "memory card error"

So now I'm left with a card reader that failed me, and an SD card that no longer works. How can I fix these problems?

Thanks to those who help!

Relevancy 84.71%

I've got NT 4.0. I put in a sound card, loaded the drivers, but the system does not seem to recognize the hardware. When I look in multimedia devices, the audio driver is listed. However, it says that the driver is enabled but has not been started. When I go to devices, I can click on the driver, when I click on "start" to start the driver, I get an error 0087: parameter is incorrect.

I don't have any sound. Any ideas?

A:NT not recognizing sound card, even after driver is loaded

has you mobo got on-chip sound? if so you may need to disable this in bios,then re install the new one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-not-recognizing-sound-card-even-after-driver-is-loaded.63459/
Relevancy 82.99%

Is there a Win 10 (64-bit) driver for TEAC CA-400 Enhanced 19-1 Card Reader Driver. If so, can you give me a link?

Thanks!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19983317
Relevancy 82.99%

My wife has a Gateway MT3705 laptop that is 3 years old. It reads normal SD cards, but not SD-HC cards. I have been looking on the Gateway website for an up-to-date driver (because I think in 2007 HC cards were not yet around), but I could not see any driver that looked promising.
Does anybody have a suggestion on how to make this laptop read SD-HC cards.

A:Driver for SD card reader

You need an outboard card reader that's HDSC compatible. Luckily, a lot of manufacturers make USB-plug ones that are speedy and pretty cheap.
I'm looking at the drivers available for your model: yeah, sketchy! There's nothing in the page or the download itself that explains what the upgrades are fixing or upgrading. That's sketchy.

If you could find who makes the actual motherboard you could see if the manufacturer has a firmware update. For instance, Quanta Computer, Inc. in Taiwan makes mine. They don't offer firmware upgrades, but some manufacturers do.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/271345-driver-sd-card-reader.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi i have a gericom 1st supersonic pci e laptop which came with windows xp,i have just upgraded to windows 7 the only thing that doesnt work is the built in card reader,i have searched everywhere for a drive but cant seem to find one, if anyone has a driver or knows where to get one from it would be gladly appreciated.

A:card reader needs driver please help

Possibly one of these...

- download.gericom.com/NOTEBOOK/SuperSonic-Serie

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/56177-card-reader-needs-driver-please-help.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have a Zio card reader for my camera chip that I plugged in to my Toshiba USB port The E-drive opened and I got something to click on - I think it was DICM or reader Driver Zio card for something like that When I clicked on it all I got was a list of gobbly Driver for Zio card reader gook I am on vacation so I called my husband and he said I probably need a driver He had me check my programs file to see if I had a Zio driver already downloaded but I didn t I wasted a couple of days trying to find a driver to download and didn t think until tonight to ask my son-in-law on IM if he could help me he is a senior data base administrator for a national company He immediately sent me your link I really would like to be Driver for Zio card reader able to download my pictures tomorrow so I can show them to my friend before I leave Tuesday morning Can you help me please Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 82.99%

Hello,

After I've installed windows 7 on my notebook my cardreader doesn't work anymore. I know that I have to do a driver update, but I can't find the right drivers. I have a Sony Vaio VGN-N31M. Anybody knows which drivers I need?

tnx in advanve!

Joel

A:Card reader driver

Hi.

Try this one - http://www.sevenforums.com/attachmen...21_xx12_03.zip

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/77582-card-reader-driver.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Dell Inspiron 1720 came with Vista Home Premium 32bit. Got fed up with Vista and upgraded to W7 against recommendations of Dell. Well they would, wouldn't they. They'd rather sell me a new laptop despite mine being only 18 months old then with a 4yr warranty.
My problem - laptop will read SD cards but not write to them. Cannot update card reader drivers via Dell's website because not supported. Do I just suffer this small 'pain in the butt or is there a solution, please?

Relevancy 82.13%

Hello,

I updated my old Satellite Pro M30 from Windows XP to Windows 7.
All is correct, but I have problems withs drivers of "SD Card Driver". I dont find anything that works.. i tried with old WinXP ones but dont work.

I downloaded this ones from Toshiba but when all is installed and I put the SD Card, I have and alert on device manager that says "resource conflict" error code 12.
Toshiba SD Card Controller Type-A
Toshiba SD Memory Card Drive

What is the correct driver? pleaseee

A:Satellite Pro M30: Needs Win 7 SD card reader driver

> All is correct, but I have problems withs drivers of "SD Card Driver". I dont find anything that works.. i tried with old WinXP ones but dont work

The Win XP drivers will not work with Win 7 but you should try some drivers released for Vista.
Try some drivers released for other series....

Try also this:

You can go to device manager -> SC card reader properties -> Details tab

There you can find something like that?.
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7120??

VEN means vendor
DEV means device

Then you can find the ID numbers using this PC database:
http://www.pcidatabase.com/

This help to find the driver!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?50572-Satellite-Pro-M30-Needs-Win-7-SD-card-reader-driver
Relevancy 82.13%

I recently installed Windows 8.1 on my HP Pavilion p6130y desktop PC. Everything works great except Windows can't find and install the 15-in-1 memory card reader device. I know the device is connected to the mother board because the light in the card reader comes on when I insert a memory card, but nothing shows up Windows Explorer. Also, I can't find a driver specifically for the card reader on HP's website. Please help, and Thanks!

A:Need Driver for 15-in-1 memory card reader

Welcome to the forum dle1964. Does it show up in device manager with a yellow triangle? If so let it search on line for a driver. If not, going to be a bit harder. Do you know the manufacturer name of the card reader? If yes, see if there are drivers at their site.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/46785-need-driver-15-1-memory-card-reader.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I bought a Fuji F with XD picture card The card is a Toshiba MB TypeM Also bought a USB card reader because I didn t want to connect the camera to transfer card Solved: XD driver? reader pictures My Problem The USB Xtreme-Flash CARD READER did not come with a driver When I install the card in the reader and the rearder in the Solved: XD card reader driver? USB port I get a message The Disk in Drive G is not formatted Do you want to format now I format the disk in the camera and shouldn t need to format it in the computer If I do format it in the computer I ll need to format it once it goes back in the camera The USB reader has no name on it and did not come with a disk it s supposed to be plug and play I am running Windows XP SP Home Edition Do I need a Solved: XD card reader driver? USB driver USB port works for cell phone data transfer or do I have to install the Fuji software Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

I am using Windows 8.1
I have found, in my "Maintenance" part of my Control Panel, a message has appeared, informing me that
a Driver, for my Memory Card Reader Driver, is available. When i view the message, the solution for this, is not available. When i go to, "Devices and Printer`s" on my computer, it shows me my computer, but it has a yellow
triangle, with like a black line running down the center of it. At the bottom of that page, where it says, "Status",
it says "Driver is not available".
Can anyone tell me what is going on, and how do i remedy this.
Thank you.

A:Memory Card Reader Driver.

Check if you've received this card reader with an optical media (contains driver that needed to installed first on your computer). Try installing the driver first before connecting the card reader. Once the drive is installed, restart your PC and connect the reader back again.

Good luck!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader-driver.1153958/
Relevancy 82.13%

I have a basically nameless cheap-but-effect PNY memory card reader that I bought five years ago for maybe bucks On the front it says USB card reader and on the label on the back it says USB -in- card reader and a model number of U CRN-PY In XP it works great In Windows putting an SD card into it help) card (or reader Need suggestion a driver results in after a long time of the spinning blue circle me getting a Windows message saying I must format the card Plugging the same reader and card into Need a card reader suggestion (or driver help) an XP box results in immediate detection and identification of the device and ability to read write from to the card Problem is not my USB ports in A thumb drive and external hard drive and USB printer all work from the ports in which the card Need a card reader suggestion (or driver help) reader is failing And of course the reader fails in each port So I am looking for a recommendation of an inexpensive multicard reader that can handle SD cards and we have an old Olympus that uses xD cards and works with Windows bit OR - a place where I can download a working driver for my existing reader The PNY site is no help and some generic drivers I found using google don't make a difference either

A:Need a card reader suggestion (or driver help)

Quote: Originally Posted by 450125

In XP it works great. In Windows 7 (64), putting an SD card into it results in, after a long time of the spinning blue circle, me getting a Windows message saying I must format the card.

You shouldn't need a driver. Have you formatted the card (and what is it formatted to now?)?

James

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/141970-need-card-reader-suggestion-driver-help.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I just purchased a card reader from ebay to help me transfer my images from my memory card to my computer. I've had problems with it everytime I try to use it with the Sandisk Ultra II Compact Falsh card. Someone told me I may need to update the driver for the card reader. I have no idea how to do this? Does anyone know what my problem could be and/or what I need to do? I don't know what the brand name of the card reader is because it came with no package and paper work. The reader says "usb 2.0 card reader" on it and that is it. Please help, I'd hate to get a new reader. Thanks

A:How to update driver 4 card reader????

Good Afternoon avina612, you might try obtaining this SIW program and running it.
It has amazing ability to give information about items in your machine.
With the cardreader plugged and a card in the slot it may give some indication of the unit ID where you can chase further information and see if any odd drivers are requred.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/siw.html
qldit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-update-driver-4-card-reader.476282/
Relevancy 82.13%

I recently got an Acer Aspire - for Christmas It came installed with Vista but with Trouble Reader/Driver SD Card such low specs it was painfully slow even when doing the simplest tasks I did a fresh SD Card Reader/Driver Trouble Windows XP Pro SP install which went through fine The only problem was that after it was installed I had zero drivers SD Card Reader/Driver Trouble I then had to download SD Card Reader/Driver Trouble all the drivers on a seperate computer put them on a flash driver and then install them onto my laptop Time consuming but still it had to be done I have successfully installed every driver that I was missing Meaning I got rid of all the Yellow question marks in Device Manager The only driver that has been giving me trouble is the Card Reader driver for the built in SD card reader on the laptop Upon installing the driver for some reason the quot Found New Hardware quot wizard pops up and asks me where it should look to install the software for the New Hardware And everytime I reboot the wizard appears again Oh also the SD slot doesn't work nor does it show up under My Computer as an empty drive When I insert an SD card into the slot absolutely nothing happens I've even tried reinstalling the driver numerous times from different sources but they all have had the same result I'm at a loss as to what to do I've been Google-ing for about days straight for a solution but I haven't found any PLEASE HELP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sd-card-reader-driver-trouble-445737.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi,

TECH-COM Card Reader 36 in 1 Usb 2.0. My os is windows XP with service pack 2. I didn't find any drive for XP. Where can I able to download the drive. Thanks.

A:Driver for TECH-COM Card Reader 36 in 1 Usb 2.0

how to download card reader driver

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/driver-for-tech-com-card-reader-36-in-1-usb-2-0-a-359024.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Have a sony vaio vgn sz430n laptop that I converted fom vista to windows 7. I got through the graphics driver upgrade without a hitch. I need to know if there is an updated driver for my TI PCI SD card reader for this laptop running windows 7. Any help would be appriciated.

A:PCI card reader driver needed

Find the device in device manager and check for an updated driver for this and all of your devices.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/121686-pci-card-reader-driver-needed.html
Relevancy 82.13%

i am using windows 8 i have a driver missing for my memory card reader RT55139/ i am using a lenovo laptop Ive tried updating my driver through updates but it says driver cant be found. does it matter if i don't update this driver and if it is important to be updated where can i find the updates would i have to pay to get the update done or can i find them free

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/38874-driver-memory-card-reader.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi I installed a PCI-E card with USB header on my pc in order to use the header for a front panel card reader The USB ports on card and reader both work but the memory sticks when I insert them do not register so the reader function itself does not work Also I get a message on screen to say that one of the USB devices has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it The message includes a USB root hub drop down list of eight ports with a question mark against one of them When I go into device manager I can see the PCI card as a recognised device but I can't see the STW Sunshine-Tipway card reader I'd be grateful for any advice How for instance can I ascertain whether it is a problem with the STW hardware I did have to force it into the front panel slot and may have damaged reader not working card it even though the USB ports all work I card reader not working should mention perhaps that the PCI card came with a short cable with a molex -pin connector at one end and a SATA connector at the other It was too short to be used and in any case I did not know what to do with it Instead I used a molex cable that card reader not working came with the PSU I plugged the -pin end into the card and the other end into the PSU where it said 'PCI' The connector had I noticed six holes only four of which had metal in them the other two just being holes Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/396453-card-reader-not-working.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi all I was refered here by a monitor in the malware/virus removal section. About 2 weeks ago out of the blue my computers built in all-in one card reader stopped working. When I put a memory card in nothing happens. When I go to my computer there are no drives for the card reader slots. I checked device manager and there are no related warnings and according to device manager everything appears to be working. I recently had to remove some malware so I'm sure its related to why the card reader no longer works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 81.27%

Hi their I am wondering if you can help me as my SD reader on my laptop does not work I have resently had to reinstall windows 10 as something very bad went wrong but it is now working but the SD reader is not and i don't know if i need to install a driver or not or if it will come under the warranty as it has 3 months left on it?  Hope you can helpThanks Lewis 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SD-card-reader-not-working/td-p/5737316
Relevancy 81.27%

I just bought a new HP Pavilion Gaming notebook ? 15-ak010nb but the SD card reader doesn't work.when inserting an SD card, no sound is played and the SD card is not visible in the file explorer. I already tried to install the latest driver from the realtek website.After installation, I do hear a sound once, it looks like the card is detected and being istalled but after this one event, the sd card is still not visible in the file explorer.Rebooting the PC doesn't work either. Anyone any other ideas? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SD-Card-Reader-not-working/td-p/5717975
Relevancy 81.27%

SD card reader not working even after I`ve downloaded and installed the driver. What else can I try I`ve searched for the drive under settings and it says no results I really need to use it and it sucks that i cant see my pictures and videos on my laptop  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/SD-card-reader-not-working/td-p/5649269
Relevancy 81.27%

I have no idea if this is the right place to post this.

Card Reader not working.

Dell XPS 410
with built in card reader

Windows 7 Upgrade over Vista Home Premium.

I think the card reader did work after upgrade but now I can't remember. I don't use it that much.

Problem:

The card reader does not recognize my SD photo cards. I tried multiple cards. The cards DO work on my XP computer.

I also have a USB card reader that I use on my XP computer. That works fine on my XP computer. But the Dell XPS 410 with Windows 7 does not recognize this either.

But back to my Dell XPS 410 with Windows 7 Upgrade:

Built in card reader does not recognize any SD cards.
And I have an external SD USB card reader AND the XPS 410 does not recognize that either.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

A:Card Reader Not Working.

visit dells website ,go to the downloads section choose your dell model and download the correct driver it will be in the network list under "media card reader with intergrated bluetooth module cab-200" install as vista compatable and you should be good to go . hope that helps sorry couldn't give you a direct link for it

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/52743-card-reader-not-working.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi there not sure if this is the right place to put this question but here we go : also just done a clean out with extremeboy and did mention to him everything was OK apart from i used to have a prob with reader and it did work briefly but i think its gone again so i think i need help with this prob now !
HP Pavilion Slimline
Running Vista Home Premium SP2 32bit
Have had for some time now a problem with all my, SD/Mini/MMC/RS/Plus/Mobile, card slot it just won't read anything of any kind of SD/MMC card, tried everything i can and can't seem to get it to work could anyone please help ? Think maybe the drivers or something need updating can anyone help !

A:SD/MMC card reader not working !

Are their any "unknown devices", ? or ! shown in Device manager? That description is a little to broad. Go here and enter the specific info requested.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/253877/sdmmc-card-reader-not-working/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi I installed a PCI-E not reader working card card with USB header on my pc in order to use the header for a front panel card reader The USB ports on card and reader both work but the memory sticks when I insert them do not register so card reader not working the reader function itself does not work Also I get a message on screen to say that one of the USB devices has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it The message includes a USB root hub drop down list of eight ports with a question mark against one of them When I go into device manager I can see the PCI card as a recognised device but I can't see the STW Sunshine-Tipway card reader I'd card reader not working be grateful for any advice How for instance can I ascertain whether it is a problem with the STW hardware I did have to force it into the front panel slot and may have damaged it even though the USB ports all work I should mention perhaps that the PCI card came with a short cable with a molex -pin connector at one end and a SATA connector at the other It was too short to be used and in any case I did not know what to do with it Instead I used a molex cable that came with the PSU I plugged the -pin end into the card and the other end into the PSU where it said card reader not working 'PCI' The connector had I noticed six holes only four of which had metal in them the other two just being holes Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/396453-card-reader-not-working.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi there,
I have a PC with windows xp service pack two running on a 64 athlon processor and two gb ram. The computer has two usb ports in the back that work. Two in the front that work and a 5 in 1 card reader in the front that has stopped working. The card reader has a little red light thats on which to me would indicate there is power running to it. I checked the device manager and it is not showing as being in the computer, The device manager only show the four usb ports that are working.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Dave

A:5 in 1 card reader not working

hello Dave ,

go to (my computer) left click it

how many removable devices / drives do you see?

you will have your

#1 local disk

#2 your cd-roms / may be 2 of them with 2 differnt drive letters

then you should have 5 other drives /removable devices / these would be the card reader drives / if not get back to us

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/5-in-1-card-reader-not-working-205254.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I dont know why it is not reading, Last time i used it was a couple months ago and everything worked fine. Now all of a sudden today it isnt working. Ive been reading a lot on how it could be a windows 7 update or my drivers are installed wrong.. (sorry i cant really remember exactly what it said). Also my computer wont read my usb for my digital camera but works fine for my ipod and everything else! ANDD my cd drive isnt working... any ideas on why?

A:SD card reader not working

I couldn't find the Mfg for the card reader...but it could be uninstalled from the "Programs& Features", aswell you should uninstall the drivers from the "Devices Manager".
When no card SD inserted, it doesn't appear in the devices manager, therefore you'll have to follow that tutorial: Hidden Devices and add:
-DEVMGR_SHOW_DETAILS and set to value 1
-DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES and set to value 1...

Reinstall the card reader drivers from your Manufacturer AsusTek.

For your Camera it might be just to enable in it the USB Connection only?

Does the CD Drive appear in Computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/95017-sd-card-reader-not-working.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hey guys! I am currently on vacation and I don't have my home desktop with me so I am stuck using my old laptop. (model: HP Pavilion dv7-6c95dx Entertainment Notebook PC)

I haven't used this thing in several months and now that I am trying to use it to empty my SD cards from my camera onto the computer. When I put the SD card into the slot on my laptop it is not recognizing the cards... I have two different ones that I am using that are working perfectly fine in my camera. I tried them in the hotel computer and it recognized them so I know it's not the cards... I have also used these types of cards in this laptop before I built my own rig.

Anyways, do you guys have any solutions?

A:SD Card Reader is not working...

Could be dust accumulation inside area were you put card in ,since laptop has been sitting for months.Try blowing into hole or use canned air.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/67976-sd-card-reader-not-working.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi nbsp I bought a new nbsp HP Envy -ae nx Touchsmart laptop nbsp in May this year however i never had a chance to work with mmc card reader not reader MMC card working ever since nbsp but last week MMC card reader not working when i had to copy some nbsp stuff from my SD card to my PC I find out that nbsp my PC doesnt even detect if any thing has been insterd to this slot MMC card reader not working nbsp I then went to Device Manager to see if any driver missing i find out Memory Technology Device head amp underneath it Realtek PCIE Card Reader If this is the correct driver they why my laptop is not recognizing nbsp my SD card I tried to use other SD cards with same results i e no response Ive got an old toshiba laptop and it is recognizing all of my SD cards and they are working fine on it nbsp I have googled almost all hp forums for similar error i did find some solutions but they were pertaining to other HP laptop models whereas i need your advice specifically for this model nbsp I hope this is not a unique problem and that some solution will definitely be available since this is a new device and i never mishandled it I would appreciate if someone can help me with this nbsp RegardsUmair

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/MMC-card-reader-not-working/td-p/5805187
Relevancy 81.27%

My SD card reader on my HP Pavilion dv6-7014nr isn't working anymore. It was fine a couple of days ago when I used it to transfer photos from my camera SD card, but now, when I try to put my phone microSD (with adapter) it doesn't how up in My Computer (and the sound isn't heard). I've tried another microSD and that isn't recognised either. I've checked the driver in Device Manager and as far as I can tell, it's up to date. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:SD card reader not working

Try reinstalling the Realtek SD card reader driver. You can do that via the recovery manager. It would have helped a bit if you had posted the installed operating system.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SD-card-reader-not-working/td-p/2959585
Relevancy 81.27%

my tower came with a 7 in 1 card reader.  It does read .  What is wrong?   Is it missing a driver?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:7 in 1 card reader not working

Hi, Please try the Realtek card reader driver for Windows 10:     http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71705.exe Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/7-in-1-card-reader-not-working/td-p/5238336
Relevancy 81.27%

SD Card reader not working I ve got a Dell Inspiron with the built-in SD card reader and it worked fine until like six months ago and I have been trying since then to get it to work When you pop a card in it takes a sec and then you hear a sound like you just plugged something in but then nothing happens A Card working reader SD not new icon used to show up in the quot My Computer quot file SD Card reader not working and also a window showing what was on the card but now nothing at all Also under the hardware profiles SD Card reader not working I can SD Card reader not working see the host controller on there but theres a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark beside it When I go into its properties under status it says quot The device cannot start Code quot Someone please help I m about ready to take a baseball bat to this computer I copy and paste the above from a year old closed thread which explains exactly my problem except my laptop is an Inspiron So I realize that there is a problem with the driver but it is not easy to find the right driver - the descriptive names do not associate with SD at least for me And DELL search doesn t seem to give me the right path to find what I need so over to you guys where is the darn driver that I need Thanks John PS - running Vista Ultimate if that helps nbsp

A:SD Card reader not working

Have you tried, deleting the device in device manager, then rebooting the computer to see if windows can reinstall automatically? (take any card out first)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sd-card-reader-not-working.838428/
Relevancy 81.27%

I've got a Dell Inspiron 9300 with the built-in SD card reader and it worked fine until like six months ago and I have been trying since then to get it to work. When you pop a card in it takes a sec and then you hear a sound like you just plugged something in, but then nothing happens. A new icon used to show up in the "My Computer" file and also a window showing what was on the card but now nothing at all. Also under the hardware profiles I can see the host controller on there, but theres a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark beside it. When I go into its properties, under status it says " The device cannot start. (Code 10) " Someone please help I'm about ready to take a baseball bat to this computer.

A:SD Card reader not working

Hello,

My name is Mike, I’m a Technical Analyst located at Dell corporate headquarters in Round Rock, TX. I’m part of an internet outreach team developed to interact with the online community regarding technical questions and issues that customers face with Dell products. I read about your problem and wanted to help. It sounds like you may just need to reinstall the driver. There is a chance, with the error you provided, that the SD card reader has failed, but a driver reinstall may get it working again. Go into device manager and uninstall the device, then reboot. When you reboot you may get the Found New Hardware Wizard, if you do, close it. Get online and download this driver: http://support.dell.com/support/dow...1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=27&fileid=188377. Follow the install wizard and hopefully this will get your SD card reader working again. If after you’ve reinstalled it you get the same error message in the device manager then you may be looking at a bad card reader. I hope this information helps.

Thank you,

Mike
Dell customer advocate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sd-card-reader-not-working.571970/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi their I am wondering if you can help me as my SD reader on my laptop does not work I have resently had to reinstall windows 10 as something very bad went wrong but it is now working but the SD reader is not and i don't know if i need to install a driver or not or if it will come under the warranty as it has 3 months left on it?  Hope you can helpThanks Lewis 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SD-card-reader-not-working/td-p/5737316