Windows Support Forum

Acer Aspire Laptop won't start/boot

Q: Acer Aspire Laptop won't start/boot

The model is an Acer Aspire laptop Yesterday it froze for an extended period of time so I shut the computer down by simply holding the power button Now whenever I attempt to boot my laptop it goes through these steps Shows me a page with the ACER logo at which point I have the option of pressing F Continues to a Windows Error Recovery page where it gives me two options to Launch Startup Repair recommended or to Start Windows Normally I instinctively chose to Launch the Startup Repair It first goes to a page where is says quot windows is loading files quot and then advances to the standard windows loading page but after Aspire start/boot Acer won't Laptop about seconds of the windows loading page the screen turns black for an extended period of time If I choose the Start Windows Normally option it goes to a Starting Windows page for approximately seconds before a blue page with code suddenly pops up for a split second and then the computer brings me back to the Windows Error Recovery page I really do not know what to do I desperately need my computer right now for school work I am not very versed in computers so I may not understand complex computer Acer Aspire Laptop won't start/boot terms that may be used Any help is greatly appreciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Acer Aspire Laptop won't start/boot

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Acer Aspire Laptop won't start/boot

You can either have a failing hard drive on your hands or an over heating system or perhaps both. First lets test your hard drive by going to another computer if possible.

Download UBCD which is in my signature.Burn the ISO Image to a blank CD using Imgburn (How to burn a ISO Image using Imgburn) burn at lowest speed. With the newly burned cd boot with the cd go to HDD>Diagnostics>The make and model of your hard drive, Seagate, Maxtor, Drive Fitness which is Hitachi, Or Western Digital. Perform a short and long test. Could also be called "Standard" and "Extended" test or also "Comprehensive" test. The Seagate hard drive test will work on most drives.

If you can not find the right test for your hard drive your OEM computer may have it's own hard drive diagnostics testing tool. Refer to your OEM computer documentation to find out how to access these test. Also try going to the manufacture of your machine to find documentation about it. Also consider going to the manufacture of your hard drive to look to see if they have hard drive diagnostics test. The ideal test or method would include an ISO that could be burned via an image to a cd which would be made bootable.

Also go into bios under Hardware Monitor or PC health and look at temp readings and post here.

Then we will give the next steps depending on the results.

Also I see in your profile you have listed Windows XP. This a Windows 7/Vista portion of TSF. Can you tell us which version of Windows you have so we can better assist you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-laptop-wont-start-boot-675096.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Acer aspire 8930 i cant get it to start. When i try it shuts Down when it loads Windows or it freezes ive runned it on safemode and ive tryed to reboot it. But Then it needs to be runned in normal mode to continue but it cant because it shuts DownI Got an aspire 8930 acer

A:Cant get Acer Aspire laptop to start plz help

Sometimes this procedure has been known to unstick computers:Turn off and remove from power. Remove main laptop battery. Press the Power Off/On button for about 30 seconds before re-assembly (which discharges the motherboard components). You might be lucky.When you are in Safe Mode, at what point does it require to be in normal mode to continue?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/cant-get-acer-aspire-laptop-to-start-plz-help/19239.html
Relevancy 80.84%

My laptop is running very slowly and everytime i tried to run it in safe mode it will always get stuck on the Avgidsha.sys and I've tried every single boot option and it still wont work my screen would just turn black and i can only move my cursor for several minutes and then it would shut down by itself...There's nothing i can do i cant run chkdsk and the startup repair wont fix aswell

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442395-im-unable-start-my-acer-aspire-laptop.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what's going on with our Acer laptop..

Turn it on and we get a blue screen saying the following

STOP: OXOOOOOO7E (OXCOOOOOO5, OX8OCF8640, OX88183554, OX88183250

acpi.sys-Address 80CF8640 base at 80CDE000, Datestamp 4549adb7

Also sometimes goes to a black screen saying repair, click repair and it just keeps going back the the same screen, can't even start it in safe mode.

not had it long so if I can't fix it myself then I'll take it back but would like an idea what's going on!
Acer didn't supply a disc with it, it's all preinstalled and the operating system is vista home premium.

cheers susan

A:Blue screen on start up, Acer Aspire laptop

As you've tried all the non-destructive methods, you can restore your PC back to defaults by holding the [Alt] key and tapping F10 as soon as you turn the PC on to access the recovery program. Have you recently installed any new software that could be pinpointed as the cause?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-on-start-up-acer-aspire-laptop.618396/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello folks,

My sister's Acer Aspire 3002LMI has recently ceased to power on whatsoever. Bought in '05 and run mostly from the mains, it suddenly acted as though it was running out of battery - despite being plugged into the mains - and went into hibernation.

By the time she showed it to me, pressing the power button would just make the battery charge LED flash 8 times - nothing else. Now, a few days later, absolutely nothing happens when I press the power button.

The problem occurs regardless of whether the battery is in the laptop. She never used the laptop without the battery in - as it formed part of the base - so whether it ever worked without the battery is not certain. I've also tried using another power cable, to no avail.

So, any ideas what the cause of this problem could be? Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Rob

Relevancy 79.98%

Hello everyone!
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but ...
I have Acer aspire e1-571 laptop for a while now more than one year. Recently it started to boot really slow. Not the windows part but the time between pressing the power button and Acer logo appearing.. Was very long about 10 to 20 min. I searched for a solution, and I tried removing the bios battery and putting it back. But now it dosntieven boot up anymore. I waited on it all night all nothing. The lights are on I even hear the fan but nothing the screen doesn't show anything.
Could anyone help me with this.
Thanks in advance.

A:acer aspire laptop won't boot up.. help !

Try reseating the memory. If you have more than one stick, try booting with just one stick, and then alternating. Sometimes, it can be the memory slot itself, so try the other.

Also, be sure to have all external devices unplugged: USB sticks, hard drives, mice, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-laptop-wont-boot-up-help.1146294/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hey all I have a acer aspire laptop the problem been it wont start up when i have it plugged in to charge the orange light for charging shows fine then when i press the power button the green light comes on briefly then flashes off any ideas???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-3000-laptop-problems-wont-start.906104/
Relevancy 79.12%

HI I have an Acer Aspire 3680 laptop that wont boot when turning it on it gets to the Acer screen then beeps continuously then when pushing f2 to go to Bios Setup is Beeps twice, ive tried to swap boot order to boot from a cd or usb to bot up win xp install cd but no luck, I also created a bootable usb with win xp but couldn't boot that ethier? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 79.12%

Hi all hoping someone can help me with this I was online earlier when suddenly my laptop started screaming about a virus being detected My virus protection expired last week and I hadn t got around to replacing it thanks to having no money so in a bit of laptop 5335 will Acer boot up not Aspire a panic I immediately turned off Acer Aspire 5335 laptop will not boot up my modem and then turned off the laptop Now however the laptop will not start up here s the exact sequence of events that takes place on pressing power on Acer loading screen starts as normal Blue loading bar fills at normal speed Screen then switches to blank black screen with a flashing cursor in the top left corner Pressing most buttons produced a high pitched beep sound and the only thing that seems to do anything is Ctrl-Alt-Delete which simply seems to reset the black screen with the flashing cursor - the screen goes black then reverts to the erroneous screen I can still get into my Setup Utility screen by pressing F during the Acer boot screen but when it goes beyond that none of the F buttons will work Any suggestions EDIT Some more information It s a Vista machine Warranty expired ages ago sadly And I haven t opened it up yet nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5335 laptop will not boot up

First, we can suggest a number of security softwares that are absolutely free and are excellent in protection.

Second, there is the possibility you'll need to do a reformat due to infection. However, first go to our Virus and Malware Removal forum and read the Updated 8 Step sticky. At this point it doesn't see you'll be able to necessarily do the steps but at least familirize yourself with the process.

Then on that forum, if you cannot do the steps, post your issues and make sure you tell them about the virus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5335-laptop-will-not-boot-up.155528/
Relevancy 78.26%

i try to turn on my laptop and get

winlogon.exe - unable to locate component

this application has failed to start because shell.dll was not found

press enter and then get

user interface failure msgina.dll failed to load

i would normaly use xp cd and reinstall but the one series dont have cd drives

i have had the problem since i used trojan remover and restarted the laptop, please help

A:acer aspire one laptop with xp home wont boot up

Welcome to TSF

Lets start here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00226733

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-aspire-one-laptop-with-xp-home-wont-boot-up-326107.html
Relevancy 78.26%

After installing windows update's i got the bsod i tried doing a recovery but it didn't work. Now it wont even load the bios screen when i put it on!

Please Help

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5720-laptop-wont-boot-up-510697.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have an Acer Aspire G laptop yo It was hit by ZeroAccess in but I managed to regain access using multiple tools from the WWW and reading other people postings who had the same predicaments like me All files and data recovered and backup to other media I used the system restore to restore to factory default with percentile success with another percentile using the factory backup restore DVD disc Started a fortnight ago my laptop shutdown automatically even before booting into the password section A few days ago I cannot boot into the password section where I typed my password to reach the Windows area The HDD ran on for minutes in Starting Windows section until I pressed the radio button to switch it off Relaunched Win and boot into gt F gt Startup Repair mode and the result was system config changed gt Finished gt Shut down Next I retried turning on and due & 6 Aspire can't laptop err to changed sysconfig Acer boot yo disk off the system to boot into Win using the radio button Startup Repair reported disk errors Attempting repair and failed many times It even shutdown on its own when launching the Startup Repair Process The BIOS cannot save changes at all Pressing F and F changed nothing Cannot change boot sequence from HDD to to DVD ROM I used Peppermint Live disc to recover or backup my files the system report SMART Disk Errors bad sectors and now reallocating damaged data The folders where the files are kept cannot be accessed unlike in the past REATOGO XP had the same result Tried using OTLPE to 6 yo Acer Aspire laptop can't boot due to sysconfig changed & disk err scan HDD it reported not Windows or later platform Today I ran Startup Repair attempting repairs successful Files are all fine Did backup However Not Responding is very frequent and laptop is very slow in responding Ran chkdsk scandisk sfc scannow All reported OK with KB of disk errors Even SMART reported WMIC Status OK So what is the problem ZeroAccess in MBR partition ZeroAccess relapsed HDD failure What had happened to sysconfig changed reported in the first Startup Repair Thank you for any suggestions

A:6 yo Acer Aspire laptop can't boot due to sysconfig changed & disk err

Easiest thing to start with is to check the HDD.

Run the DOS version of the LONG test of SeaTools, as described here:
SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364198-6-yo-acer-aspire-laptop-cant-boot-due-sysconfig-changed-disk-err.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Would really appreciate help please Was using my laptop everything ok then shut the lid to go back to later usually no problems doing this when i went back to it battery had died this has happened many times in past so plugged in started up amp has been in a boot loop since ACER Travelmate - approx yrs old - Vista Home premium not sure or It starts with the normal Acer screen then goes to - loop - start Acer Vista Can't up laptop Boot start up choices as if I have pressed F I have tried every option last good config safe mode etc whichever I choose it takes me back to Acer start up screen amp then same again I have no original Acer Back up Recovery disc I do have one someone gave me a year ago when I had a similar boot problem So far I have gone in Bios set to Boot loop - Can't start up Acer laptop - Vista start fROM CD DVD as second option I F amp very slowly I can get to Boot loop - Can't start up Acer laptop - Vista Repair or Reinstall Repair start up will just run forever amp do nothing - Reinstall windows does not work - cmd prompt I've done Bootrec mbe etc etc says complete but makes no change I can not do cd c my hd is just goes back Boot loop - Can't start up Acer laptop - Vista to x dvd cd I have tried chkdsk gave up after hours as was on amp every file it says is unreadable - SFC scannow doesnt work - I often get an i o error amp have tried lots of things I have read online for this but none do anything I have run out of ideas Whenever I've had problems before on a PC I can access the c drive but unable to at all with this problem Thanks for reading Jen

A:Boot loop - Can't start up Acer laptop - Vista

Try booting a linux live cd/usb.

You should be able to replace the registry hives from the backup.

Similar to this tutorial, but with linux boot media, you can see what you are doing - no need for command prompt.

Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/300696-boot-loop-cant-start-up-acer-laptop-vista.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I restarted my computer like normal and for whatever reason the computer is now stuck at the Acer boot screen. I try to press DEL to enter Setup and I even tried pressing F12 to go into the Boot Setup, but for whatever reason the computer does not respond to anything.

To shut it off I have to hold down the power button and eventually it shuts off.

Stuff to know:
- I have a wireless mouse and keyboard being used on that desktop.. Should I perhaps try to plug in a corded mouse and keyboard?
- I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate.
Thanks

Relevancy 69.66%

I have tried everything I can think of I have already read through a few other threads with the same issue but none of the fixes work for me It gets to the acer screen logo not boot Acer will Acer Aspire E15 past loads that little loading circle then it just goes black I have tried pushing Alt F and it got to the acer screen and said please wait then the screen went black again I have installed Windows on a USB drive and have went into the bios and enabled the boot menu as well as change the order Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo of the boot to the USB This got me a bit closer but still stuck After about minutes it finally went to a purple screen and a window popped up asking to install I selected my language and clicked install it went to another screen that says setup is starting and it's been sitting this way for about minutes now I'm out of ideas Don't have a clue why this is going on This is a friend of mines computer he said he was in the middle of playing a game and the laptop froze then something came up and then it shut off When it booted up it wouldn't load past the acer screen

A:Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo

Try booting to Memtest86 you can burn a CD and I think it can also be run from a USB bootable flash drive. This will test your memory for problems and also let you know that the hardware in general will run (except the hard drive which is ignored at this stage.If the memory is good, then boot to your hard drive mfg's utility or Seatools from Seagate (DOS version) the same as Memtest but it tests your hard drive to see if it is just the drive that you cannot install on.If the memory and hard drive tests OK then you may just need to delete all current partitions on the hard drive before trying to install.If the memory does not test good, try cleaning the contacts on the memory with a soft pencil eraser and snapping them in and out 5 or 6 times to also burnish the slot's contacts. Then try memtest again on one stick at a time in case one stick is bad, swap and try again.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/acer-aspire-e15-will-not-boot-past-acer-logo/1671.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello Yesterday i logged on my computer and everything was normal but than a software i don t remember installing or maybe it was part one up. Can acer start someone aspire can't pls? My me help of the acer aspire one laptop that i brought suddenly popped up and My acer aspire one can't start up. Can someone help me pls? saying that i have item found that were types of malware trojan or tracking cookie Once in awhile later announcement kept on My acer aspire one can't start up. Can someone help me pls? popping up indicating that external hackers are trying to transfer my data to a dangerous site and they are trying to get connected to the internet to harm my laptop even more Lots of windows started popping up intensely I got scared and shut it down while trying to remove the software that was telling me that I believe the software was called Malware doctors or protection centre The software wouldn t removed no matter how many times i tried When i tried to turn on my laptop again it just stop to the point where the window xp loading screen I try to start up in safe mode a bunch of numbers and letter started to appear and than it stopped and nothing happen after that and when i press last known good configuration it just continue to the window xp loading screen again I tried alt f but it brings me to the acer recovery management and after choosing the recovery options that i want it said it will restart my computer and it stops at the window xp loading screen again Can someone tell me what my problem is Do i really have something infected How can i fix it

A:My acer aspire one can't start up. Can someone help me pls?

Can someone please help me please?=[
I need to retrieve some infor on it but I can't even go pass the window xp loading screen.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/my-acer-aspire-one-cant-start-up-can-someone-help-me-pls-544249.html
Relevancy 66.65%

i wanted to know if my laptop as gpu as some of my games are saying my gpu is not strong enough and the games will lag and crash so i need a stronger gpu so which one is best

A:GPU for acer aspire e15 start es1-512

You have a Intel processor with integrated graphics. You are not going to be able to play some games. You also won't be able to upgrade it into a gaming laptop. The N3540 is as far as you can go.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/GPU-for-acer-aspire-e15-start-es1-512/td-p/429349/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.65%

I have an acer aspire 5735z. It worked all fine except that around a month back, the laptop wouldn't turn on when I pressed the power button the first time. I have to keep on pressing it again and again for it to start.
Can someone please help me with this.

A:Acer Aspire won't start on first try

Yeah, the same thing happens with the battery and the adapter.
Once the machine turns on it runs all fine. The only problem is with it turning on, sometimes it starts up immediatey and sometimes it takes from somewhere between 1 minute to 10 minutes.

Someone suggested to open it up and check the power switch but since I'm new to this I don't wanna risk anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-wont-start-on-first-try.127685/
Relevancy 66.22%

Currently My start Acer Aspire AX1200 will not Acer Aspire AX -B A will not start Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause If windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly Startup Repair can help diagnose and fix the problem If power was interrupted during startup choose Start Windows Normally Use th Acer Aspire AX1200 will not start arrow keys to highlight your choice Option Launch Startup Repair recommended Option Start windows normally -Option takes me to the Startup Repair which tells me Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically then they ask to send th data then the computer just restarts amp does the same thing over Acer Aspire AX1200 will not start amp over again Option takes me to quot Starting Windows quot then quot Windows is loading files quot then restarts the computer taking Acer Aspire AX1200 will not start me back to the error screen all the screens are really big like how it looks when its in safemode it keeps asking for a password I have never had a password and have no clue as to what it might be I don t have a restore disk and I cant make one as I have no external dvd drive I cant afford to buy the recovery disk let alone a dvd drive Im using my friends acer aspire one laptop but it also has no cd dvd drive either and another issue is my Acer X runs Vista amp this laptop runs Win starter is there someway to fix this w a usb flash drive or something

A:Acer Aspire AX1200 will not start

Can you get into safe mode?Follow these steps:Turn on the computer.Immediately start pressing F8 about once per second until you get to a selection screen.Select Safe Mode with Networking.If you can get into safe mode, post a BlueScreenView log:Follow these steps:Download the app BlueScreenView here.Run the app and after the scan completes, go to the menu and select Edit > Select AllNow go to the menu and select File > Save Selected Items, and save the file as "BSOD.txt"After saving, open "BSOD.txt" in notepad and paste the contents here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452675/acer-aspire-ax1200-will-not-start/
Relevancy 66.22%

aspire 7520, green light flashing on front of computer,there is a disc in the dvd player that is trying to go, the micro-processor is getting warm after a being on for a while. Cooling fan starts up but only runs for 3 or 4 seconds. Computer will not switch off by holding the on/off switch down. Was working ok when last switch off, but refused to start up next day.message edited by ANDY480

A:acer aspire 7520 will not start up.

It could be a fault with the motherboard. Take it in to a laptop repair shop and ask them to check it out and give you an estimate for cost of repair.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/acer-aspire-7520-will-not-start-up/13513.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Had big problems. Got software restore. Can't start from disc. Changed boot order, nothing. f8, f10, f12,got my no where. Won't start in safe mode. I don't have the options that the instructions with the discs say I should have. Here are my options:

1. IDE1: Pioneer DVD-RW DVRTD10RS
2. IDE0: WDC WD5000BPVT=22HX2T1
3. Network Boot: LEGACY PCI Device

1. Goes to eRecovery and just sticks there with a blue spinning wheel
2. Goes to f8 menu with no option for recovery or repair. When trying to start normally it goes to a blue screen with an error message that is gone to fast to read. Restarts
3. Goes to black screen with some unreadable stuff except for the word "failure". Restarts

I let eRecovery go for about 10 hours and it never booted up. Not sure what to do and tech support is a joke. Please help.

Relevancy 66.22%

My Acer V - G laptop won't start The orange is lit when the AC adapter is plugged in won't Acer start V3-572G Aspire and when I press Acer Aspire V3-572G won't start the power button the Blue LED lights up for about seconds and then goes off The fans don't start and I don't hear the hard drive spin The screen never turns on either I've done a power reset and I've tried not having the battery in the laptop and powering it on while it's plugged in but nothing I have taken everything out of the ports still nothing Any ideas on how to fix it nbsp Weird thing is that it has happened before Last fall the same thing was happening so I borrowed a friend's laptop while I set mine aside to figure out what I was going to do with it weeks later I wanted to see if I could get it to boot at all and it started It had just been sitting around without the battery and without being plugged in and it just started working again randomly until now Any advice that could get this Acer Aspire V3-572G won't start thing working again would be appreciated Don't really have the funds to buy a replacement

A:Acer Aspire V3-572G won't start

Check the voltage in the cmos battery or just replace it.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V3-572G-won-t-start/td-p/425739/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.22%

my acer aspire 1 will not start normally. i push the power butten but *** soon as it gets done with the aspire section itll go to the black and wight screen and say: we apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start successfully. a recent... i have tried safe mode, safe mode with network, safe mode with comand pront and every other option but all that happens is it shows the blue screen for like half a second then itll restart and the whole proccess is started again. PLEASE HELP!!:4-dontkno

A:my acer aspire one wont start normally

Hi efrain. Welcome to TSF!

Do you have your XP system CD? If so, try booting with it and select REPAIR when you get that option. That will bring you to the Recovery Console. When you get to the command window prompt, type "fixboot" and then "fixmbr" and then type "exit". Try rebooting your system and see if that works for you.

Good day!

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-acer-aspire-one-wont-start-normally-571878.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Recently plagued with a virus that occurred when I accepted an automatic update to Adobe Reader Booted for a while but with issues Spyware Doctor installed but could not resolve the problem After a few boots it finally booted to the Blue Screen of death If I try to boot in safe mode windows appears to be starting normally but never loads Just runs and runs The same thing happens when I try to boot from the Original Disk as well as the start up Acer won't 5670 Aspire Emergency Rescue Disk ERD that I have from Microsoft Originally thought the fat might have been Acer Aspire 5670 won't start up compromised Acer Aspire 5670 won't start up but it should have loaded windows from the disks Any suggestions will Acer Aspire 5670 won't start up be appreciated as I rely on the computer and really not in a position to replace it at this time Most of the data has been routinely backed up so I don t mind if I have to reformat but I ll need to get Windows up and running to do that HELP I m also posting this problem under virus forum in case someone is familiar with this recent virus and how it effects the machine nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5670 won't start up

please do not duplicate posts - continue here http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/970212-recent-virus-attack-has-rendered.html
this thread closed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5670-wont-start-up.970211/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi there, I have an Acer Aspire One and for some reason it will not start up. Every time I turn it one it shows the start up Acer screen for about 3 seconds then immediately shows an error that reads: "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows root>\system32\hal.dll Please re-install a copy of the above file". It is an Acer Aspire One Model NO: KAV10 and SNID: 91011971916. Also, everytime i try to use the recovery option by pressing ALT f-12 it takes me to the recovery screen but does not allow me to even choose a recovery option. There is no disc drive but I do have a flash drive available if that file is in fact download-able. Or if anyone has a recovery disc that can be transferred to a flash drive that would be great. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Acer Aspire One - Can't Start up windows xp

Hi, ALT + F10 when pressed at start up should bring up the Acer eRecovery environment.

At the Acer eRecovery screen
Choose the Recovery Actions - select Next.
Choose the Restore option.
There may be two to choose from, System Restore/Recovery - Reinstall Application/Drivers.
Choose System Restore/Recovery.

But all of your data and files will be lost and overwritten.
======
To try and save any needed data and files use a USB External DVD Drive - similar to one shown here.
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/compo...-drives/714_7571_70704_xx_xx/xx-criteria.html

Either use the DVD drive to re-install an operating system - or use the Linux Live Cd to find and save needed data and files.

How to use Linux live Cd to backup files from a dead Pc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-cant-start-up-windows-xp.1136423/
Relevancy 66.22%

My Acer Aspire laptop has recently come up with the message 'Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause' when i turn it on It gives me the option to launch setup repair but when i do it eventually ends up on a blue screen similar to the startup screen only with no login feature or anything to click and will just stay on this screen as long as i leave it If i try to start Windows normally it just returns to this Acer up 5740 start won't Aspire windows recovery page eventually I have tried opening the f menu when starting the laptop and have tried to start the computer in safe mode and almost all other modes on this menu but they all just lead back to the original message and windows recovery screen Any help would be massively appreaciated and i don't have any original windows disks at the moment so if there was Acer Aspire 5740 won't start up a way to get round this without reinstalling windows via a disk i would reallyt appreciate it Thanks Will

A:Acer Aspire 5740 won't start up

OMG no backup, no system repair disk, no win7 install DVD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238774-acer-aspire-5740-wont-start-up.html
Relevancy 66.22%

my acer aspire 5520-5908 wont start up. when I press the power button on, it attempts switching on the fan and the fan goes off again with the screen not starting too.and all it does after is the power button light and signals blinking intermittently. I ve removed the battery, plug it directly so forth on and on but nothing seems to work. just blinking of lights.

A:My Acer Aspire 5520 won't start

The motherboard has probably failed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-acer-aspire-5520-wont-start.184476/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have 2 Acer Aspire AX1200-U1520A and they both died almost at the same time (one month apart), neither one of the machines will start, so I took the power supply to a store and they told me it was fine. How can I find out what's wrong with the compter without having to spend a fortune on diagnostics. Don't now if it is worth sending it to a place to fix it and be charged an arm and a leg and maybe be better buying a new one.

Thanks!!!!

A:Acer Aspire AX1200-U1520A won't start

Need input!

Do they show signs of power? Lights? Fans? anything?

Those are the low profile desktops and are plagued with failing motherboards and graphics cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-ax1200-u1520a-wont-start.166057/
Relevancy 65.36%

A friend asked me to help him with this problem: He's got a Acer Aspire X1300 with a Win 7 Professional installed which hangs up at start up.
What can you see is the Windows Logo and "Starting Windows" coming up and then a dark screen and nothing happens.
I've tryied to re-install Win 7 booting from a DVD but it just won't start (never seen something like that before). System Recovery and all other trics from Acer do not work either.
The only solution I can see is to format the partition C somehow...any ideas?

Thanks
Bob R

A:Windows 7 don't start on my Acer Aspire X1300

Hello bobr, welcome to Seven Forums!

For a partition specific wipe (secure erase) of just the C: partition use Option Three of this tutorial at the link below.

Partition Wizard : Use the Bootable CD

If there's nothing on the entire Hard Disk Drive (HDD) that needs saved, you can use the Windows 7 installer using diskpart to wipe the whole HDD, see this tutorial.

SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

If you need to copy out the data first have a look at this third tutorial.

Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/129863-windows-7-dont-start-my-acer-aspire-x1300.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a recertified Acer Aspire 7551-7422. When I try to start it up I get an message across the bottom of the screen that "Setup is starting services. After a minute or so that message continues and I get an additional box that pops up that says across the top Install Windows and below in the box is the follow message which starts with a Red Circle with a white X and this message "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered and unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation". I click OK and it shuts down then starts back up with the Setup is starting services then back to the same eroor message above. Any suggestions?

A:[SOLVED] Start up of Acer Aspire 7551

Hello,

An option is to return to factory settings.

1.Restart the computer

2.When the logo appears on the screen, press the Alt and F10 keys repeatedly.

3.When prompted with a boot screen, hit the Enter key.

4.After the system recovery program has loaded, follow the prompts to reinstall the operating system.

If the ability to reinstall from the previous method is not available or fails during the recovery, recovery of the operating system will need to be from Recovery Media.

1.Insert the disk labeled System CD into the computer's disk drive and restart the computer.

2.When the logo appears on the screen, press the F12 key repeatedly.

3.Select either CDROM or DVD as the boot device, this may vary depending on the system.

4.When prompted for the Recovery CD, remove the System CD and insert the Recovery CD.

Note: If there are multiple Recovery CDs, please insert the first Recovery CD.
5.After the system recovery program has loaded follow the prompts to reinstall the operating system.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-start-up-of-acer-aspire-7551-a-665334.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Whn I opened my laptop it downloads till the blue screen where I should write my password but then the user picture and password blank doesnt appear instead the screen flashes black and goes back to the blue screen theb flashes again and keeps going. I waited for 15 min. But nothing changes!

I tried the safe mode and safe mode with networking but the problem remains

**on the blue screen nothing appears except the "Windows 7 Home Premuin" logo down the center.

Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Acer Aspire 1800 laptop using Windows XP Home edition. The Windows does not start and when I switch on the laptop I get a blank screen. I have Recovery CDs which are in two parts. I have tried to put the CDs but no joy. Grateful if someone could help me, please.

A:Windows XP does not start on Acer Aspire 1800

In order to use the Recovery CD's, you would need to boot directly from them.

To do this, go into your BIOS, and switch your Boot Priority to boot from the CD drive before the Hard drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-does-not-start-on-acer-aspire-1800-a-282251.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello all been using this desktop acer aspire m7720 intel i7 cor for awhile but all suddent it wont start when i press the power button i could here it start for half second and shuts down so each time when i press power to start the fan starts for half second and nothing els happens
i have changed the power supply re checked the ram
do not know what to do any helpplease

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi, I'm New here. I have an Acer Aspire xc-603g and it wont start at all. I boght a new Power supply, change the Power cable and check the turn on button, but it still completely dead.

A:Hi, I'm New here. Acer Aspire xc-603g wont start a...

Any working LED on the motherboard?check if the Power supply has a switch to flick too.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Hi-I-m-New-here-Acer-Aspire-xc-603g-wont-start-at-all/td-p/467152
Relevancy 65.36%

I have an Aspire One netbook Acer Cannot console on One start recovery Aspire It came preloaded with Windows XP no Windows XP discs When I first got it set up another partition with Ubuntu on it and used GRUB as my boot loader However lately I have largely been working in XP and decided I wanted to remove the Linux partitions I read that Cannot start recovery console on Acer Aspire One before I remove those partitions in disc management I should go into the recovery console and fix the MBR using fixmbr However as I did not have the CD I went searching for a solution I found this c i WINNT EXE cmdcons and it appeared to allow me to install the recovery console When I selected my windows installation in GRUB I now am presented with a menu I can either boot the normal way or use the recovery console However when I selected the recovery console I get an error A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart I can still boot into windows but I cannot start the recovery console Does anyone have an idea why this might occur

A:Cannot start recovery console on Acer Aspire One

Go back to Widnows Xp recovery Console and type

Fixboot
Fixmbr
you did fix mbr but you forgot fix boot.

Also how did you install Ubuntu was it on a separate drive or was it on a partition?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-start-recovery-console-on-acer-aspire-one-615297.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I've had my laptop for a couple of months now so its new. But recently because of what i did it started to slow down. I wanted to shut down my computer however i oressed restart by mistake and so while restarting I i turned it off by holding the power button.When i turned it back on, my computer was slower than usual. I have done the very same thing a couple of times and this time this happened. Maybe i broke something or i dont know i cant figure it out. Also i play league of legends on this laptop and it ran 60+ frames persecond before, but now it runs 4 frames per second up to 30 frams per second. I do not know whats wrong, please help.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E-15-Start-started-to-slow/td-p/438037/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.36%

So I recently tried to do a factory restore on my laptop and it said it failed. I only did this due to having some DLL files missing. Now after the failed restore the laptop turned on and the Acer screen turned on and then the screen goes black and turns on again. It is stuck on a loop and I need help. I am currently running Windows 10 if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-start-up-screen-loop.1168693/
Relevancy 65.36%

How will I start my acer aspire v3-572pg-93rl after a battery drain? When connected to the power source, the orange light comes on however,  when the power button is pressed, the blue light just lights up for few seconds.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/My-acer-aspire-v3-572pg-93rl-will-not-start-after-battery-was/td-p/448547
Relevancy 65.36%

I have an Acer Aspire One netbook here Friend's computer Windows will load to I believe windows home screen Click enter and password log-in screen appears Enter password and spinning cursor appears on black screen Then standard cursor appears in black screen That's it Ctrl-Alt-Del will slowly bring up task manager option and when I click Task Manager I get spinning cursor for several minutes then a popup saying it can't load or something like that Sorry I should be writing all this down as I go through it Removed the hard drive and put it in a USB mount to access it with my computer It shows up but just shows Acer G NTFS Double click and it says drive not accessible- access is denied Ran a check disk and it ran as far as index entries processed and won't go any further Is there anything else I can try with this computer I'm running out of ideas Thanks for any advice Glenn

A:Acer Aspire one Netbook will not complete start-up

Added note. Tried to start netbook in safe mode, thinking this might be malware or virus related but can't find safe mode. Power off holding power button down and it just starts up to home screen again. Pressing or holding F8 does nothing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577950/acer-aspire-one-netbook-will-not-complete-start-up/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Acer Aspire ZC-606 and it's not boot. When I try, it show Acer logo and don't go far. It show "insert bootable..." . I check in BIOS the order and it is HDD first nad CD second. I haven't chance to make a choice like "rescue or restaure or else. In BIOS I can make the choice to boot on Windows 7 or 8.1 but it's not booting with one or the other. I think it's need an reinstall disk but I don't have this disk and I can't have access to partitions. Do I can have a reinstall disk ? Is it free or I have to buy ? Please help me.Daniel 

A:I have a Acer Aspire ZC-606 and it's not boot. Whe...

i don't think that you are able to select windows 7 or 8.1 from BIOS, maybe it's a bootloader that gives you that option. press Del to enter BIOS and check if D2D support is enabled, if not, enabled it and then press F10, save and exit.at next reboot, press Alt+F10 to enter Acer erecovery, if this doesn't work, you need to buy Acer recovery disks. Acer recovery mediaif you are in the US you can buy it:http://us-store.acer.com/erecovery/rcd/if you are outside the US, you must call/email your regional Acer support service:http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/I-have-a-Acer-Aspire-ZC-606-and-it-s-not-boot-When-I-try-it-show/td-p/420902
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Acer Aspire ZC-606 and it's not boot. When I try, it show Acer logo and don't go far. It show "insert bootable..." . I check in BIOS the order and it is HDD first nad CD second. I haven't chance to make a choice like "rescue or restaure or else. In BIOS I can make the choice to boot on Windows 7 or 8.1 but it's not booting with one or the other. I think it's need an reinstall disk but I don't have this disk and I can't have access to partitions. Do I can have a reinstall disk ? Is it free or I have to buy ? Please help me.Daniel 

A:I have a Acer Aspire ZC-606 and it's not boot. Whe...

i don't think that you are able to select windows 7 or 8.1 from BIOS, maybe it's a bootloader that gives you that option. press Del to enter BIOS and check if D2D support is enabled, if not, enabled it and then press F10, save and exit.at next reboot, press Alt+F10 to enter Acer erecovery, if this doesn't work, you need to buy Acer recovery disks. Acer recovery mediaif you are in the US you can buy it:http://us-store.acer.com/erecovery/rcd/if you are outside the US, you must call/email your regional Acer support service:http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/I-have-a-Acer-Aspire-ZC-606-and-it-s-not-boot-When-I-try-it-show/td-p/420902/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.93%

My laptop came with Windows and performance and battery life was not ideal for me so I decided to install Ubuntu keeping WIndows with dual boot I flashed Ubuntu but I forgot to fix the Windows Boot Manager settings so I could not select an OS at boot After that I booted from USB again and selected try Ubuntu before installing and everything was fine Then I set the laptop to sleep I had to do something using FN F and everything was Acer Aspire boot E5 won't normal after returning to the laptop about hours later it didnt wake up I tried holding the power button for seconds seconds and seconds single tap and some other keyboard combinations Nothing The only thing the laptop does is blink the power LED times when I do anything with the power button No Acer Aspire E5 won't boot hard drive spinning nothing Suggestions nbsp Acer Aspire E - AMD A used Ubuntu for AMD Windows stock nbsp The battery is not removable so I can't do a hard reset Thanks for any help Acer Aspire E5 won't boot

A:Acer Aspire E5 won't boot

I set my laptop to sleep in Ubuntu and I can't do anything with it. I will have to do a hard reset. My question: Will my warranty be void if I remove the plastic plate on the bottom to disconnect and reconnect the battery? Thanks for any help. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-won-t-boot/td-p/440569/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.93%

I fell asleep with my laptop on my bed and in the morning I found it on the floor open. It didn't seem to receive any external damage at all, though every program froze up. Thinking that it would help, I turned it off and turned it back on. Now it won't boot past the acer logo. It gets to the green acer logo and just stays like that. Can someone please help? This is the only laptop I have and will have fir a while.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/acer-aspire-will-not-boot/761.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My laptop came with Windows and performance and battery life was not ideal for me so I decided to install Ubuntu keeping WIndows Acer Aspire boot E5 won't with dual boot I flashed Ubuntu but I forgot to fix the Windows Boot Manager settings so I could not select an OS at boot After that I booted from USB again and selected try Ubuntu before installing and everything was fine Then I set the laptop to sleep I had to do something using FN F and everything was normal after returning to the laptop about hours later it didnt wake up I tried holding Acer Aspire E5 won't boot the power button for seconds seconds and seconds single tap and some other keyboard combinations Nothing The only thing the laptop does is blink the power LED times when I do anything with the power button No hard drive spinning nothing Suggestions nbsp Acer Aspire E - AMD Acer Aspire E5 won't boot A used Ubuntu for AMD Windows stock nbsp The battery is not removable so I can't do a hard reset Thanks for any help

A:Acer Aspire E5 won't boot

I set my laptop to sleep in Ubuntu and I can't do anything with it. I will have to do a hard reset. My question: Will my warranty be void if I remove the plastic plate on the bottom to disconnect and reconnect the battery? Thanks for any help. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E5-522g-Warranty-question/td-p/440806/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.93%

I have an Acer Aspire ZC desktop which i been having problems with for the past few weeks This is needed very badly it is used for my business which i use the internet all day and credit card sales Unfortunatly i didnt have an internet security on it at the time When i rebooted my computer weeks ago the acer logo would appear and it would show it is loading but would never go past this part I am very frustrated I have tried to go to last know config ive tried the Alt F and tried system restore system reset and also in the BIOS I was told to make sure the D D was enabled which it was that didnt work Im not to bad on computers and have fixed these problems before but not this time I am running windows Im in desperate need of this running properly asap I registered today as i was told that the answers are here so if anyone could help me i would greatly appreciate it Thank You

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-ZC-606-will-not-boot-Please-help/td-p/463312
Relevancy 64.93%

My son's Acer Aspire AM5100 won't start. Fans didn't even start. Opened, found tons of crud on CPU heat sink, removed fan, cleaned off heat sink, replace fan. Still no start. Removed CMOS for one hour, held power button on for one minute. Fans finally started but no boot. No beep. Reseated all plugs, removed and reinstalled RAM. No burn marks on Mobo. What next?

Relevancy 64.93%

I've had the netbook for about 2 years, and it has performed very well.

One night I shut it down normally and the next morning when I turned it on windows XP Home edition started normal for about 20 secs, and a fast blue screen comes up which I can't read.

Then a b&w screen comes up saying windows could not start, and gave me several options. I've tried them all.

What happens is windows tries starting but I always come back to the black and white screen.

I can't get into safe mode.

I have the factory restore disks, but don't want to lose the data on the hdd.

Is the hdd toast?

A:Acer Aspire One won't boot

On the Safe Mode menu there is an option to disable the automatic reboot. That will allow you to check the blue screen for error codes.

When you say you can't get into safe mode does that mean you get the blue screen when booting to safe mode also?

Chances are the data is fine but there's no way to know without additional testing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-aspire-one-wont-boot-559819.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My laptop came Aspire E15 won't Acer boot with Windows Acer Aspire E15 won't boot and performance and battery life was not ideal for me so I decided to install Ubuntu keeping WIndows with dual boot I flashed Ubuntu but I forgot to fix the Windows Boot Manager settings so I could not select an OS at boot After that I booted from USB again and selected try Ubuntu before installing and everything was fine Then I set the laptop to sleep I had to do something using FN F and everything was normal after returning to the laptop about hours later it didnt wake up I tried holding the power button for seconds seconds and seconds single tap and some other keyboard combinations Nothing The only thing the laptop does is blink the power LED times when I do anything with the power button No hard drive spinning nothing Suggestions nbsp Acer Aspire E - AMD A used Ubuntu for AMD Windows stock nbsp The battery is not removable so I can't do a hard reset Thanks for any help

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E15-won-t-boot/td-p/440569/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello This is perhaps the most mysterious problem that has happened to my laptop Problem Once pressing the start button it doesn t start up The cpu light display doesn t respond neither does the screen which is not even quot on quot but black neither does the keyboard caps lock etc But the lights on the wifi bluetooth and the light around the start button is on I ve tried the whole quot remove batter power hold the start button for sec put back the Acer up! start Weird Blank..Very Aspire won't 5920G batter quot and nothing Some Background I recall this happening other times Each time having to do with my external harddrive I remember the exact same problem occuring from some interference with the harddrive and then my laptop miracolously works the next morning I e being off for ca - hours This time when it happened I plugged my external harddrive in while the laptop was starting up Once the laptop was up and running the laptop couldn t quot see quot the external harddrive so I switched it off and the problem started Some info The Acer Aspire 5920G won't start up! Blank..Very Weird external hardrive is plugged in via a usb cable I use vista bit Any suggestions Thanks a lot nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

I have windows xp. And my computer has a black screen that doesn't go away when I start it up. What is the deal?

A:My acer aspire 9500 black screen on start up

We need more information than that!

Do you still hear the normal "beep" tone when it starts up?
Do you get any error messages?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-acer-aspire-9500-black-screen-on-start-up-582104.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi all got above named laptop but when I turn it on it freezes every time when it get to the black screen where it says start windows normally or other options such as safe mode etc is this hard drive failure thanks in advance

A:Acer Aspire One freezes at 'start Windows normally' screen

Update-- on black screen if I click on safe mode or safe mode with networking it does its thing but then after loads of things it just restarts back to that screen if I click last known config it get to the loading windows screen then I see a hint of blue screen then it restarts back to black screen start windows normally screen

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-one-freezes-at-start-windows-normally-screen.188714/
Relevancy 64.5%

I recieved this laptop for my birthday on the 28th May, and has been running absolutley fine until about half an hour ago.
I turned it on and it wouldn't go past the "Acer" start up screen, so I turned it off manually and tried it again. Still the same problem and all the keys do nothing when I press them.

I've tried to look up solutions on the web but the only one says to re-install Vista with a disc, and mine came pre-installed with Vista and NO installation disc.

I'm unsure if this is a Vista problem or an Acer problem, so sorry if its in the wrong board.

Any help on how to fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5735-stuck-at-start-up-screen.831127/
Relevancy 64.5%

my sis has an acer aspire 5920 which shes had only a couple of months,its runs vista home edition and now when she switches it on it goes straight to a page which gives her options to start various safe modes giving the reason for this as the compurer was not shut down properly!
the last option on this page is for a normal start up which she has tried,it shows a loading bar for a bit but then the screen goes blank and nothing happens.
does anyone know how to get it back to a normal start up?
thx guys

A:Solved: acer aspire 5920 start up probs..

Can she boot into Safe Mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-5920-start-up-probs.818938/
Relevancy 64.5%

I recently upgraded my Lubuntu from xx to xx The upgrade finished showing of some errors which I don t recall but the computer kept running Then I tried to restart it but it froze in a black screen with a bunch of stuff written like a loading screen then I switched it off and tried to restart again but now it seem like the power button doesn t do anything no lights no sounds nothing at all This Lubuntu 5570Z upgrading Acer after 14.xx Aspire won't start to acer already had some starting problems previously to this Sometimes it wouldn t start but after a couple tries at the power button and maybe removing the battery it would turn on properly But after the upgrade it seems like the power button doesn t exist anymore it just does nothing I already tried removing the batteries unplugging the cable Acer Aspire 5570Z won't start after upgrading to Lubuntu 14.xx plugging the cable back on and holding the power button for a bunch of seconds but nothing helped Also tried removing battery plugging cable off holding power button for a minute plugging cable back on and nothing I also removed the ram sticks sort of cleaned them Acer Aspire 5570Z won't start after upgrading to Lubuntu 14.xx and put them back on still nothing Also my battery was just plain dead it doesn t recharge anymore When the computer was running and I removed the power cable then it would shut down immediately I know it probably shouldn t but maybe this has something to do with it I m out of ideas anyone could please light my way and help me get this fixed I know this seems like a hardware failure but why after an OS upgrade What does it have to do with it This is puzzling me nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello This is perhaps the most mysterious problem that has happened to my laptop Problem Once pressing the start button it doesn't start up The cpu light display doesn't respond neither does the screen which is not even up! start Blank..Very 5920G Acer Aspire won't Weird quot on quot but black neither does the keyboard caps lock etc Acer Aspire 5920G won't start up! Blank..Very Weird But the lights on the wifi bluetooth and the light around the start button is on I've tried the whole quot remove batter power hold the start button for sec put back the batter quot Acer Aspire 5920G won't start up! Blank..Very Weird and nothing Some Background I recall this happening other times Each time having to do with my external harddrive I remember the exact same problem occuring from some interference with the harddrive and then my laptop miracolously works the next morning I e being off for ca - hours This time when it happened I plugged my external harddrive in while the laptop was starting up Once the laptop was up and running the laptop couldn't quot see quot the external harddrive so I switched it off and the problem started Some info The external hardrive is plugged in via a usb cable I use vista bit Any suggestions Thanks a lot

A:Acer Aspire 5920G won't start up! Blank..Very Weird

Some extra info..
Now I left the laptop off since I last posted,
hoping that it would miracolously work again,
but it isn't... **** seems really screwed? =(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5920g-wont-start-up-blank-very-weird-505800.html
Relevancy 64.5%

So my Acer Aspire shuts down as it starts up. The automactic repair feature can't even get in and fix it cause it shuts down immeadiatly. I can, however, get into the BIOS systems without a problem but I don't know what to do. Can someone help me out?

A:[SOLVED] Acer Aspire 5474 Start Up Failure

Can you boot into Windows Safe Mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-acer-aspire-5474-start-up-failure-641648.html
Relevancy 64.5%

so I have a Acer Aspire E5-574-G laptop, and have several questions about it. Firstly, I would very much like to replace the battery in my laptop with a better one with more capasity. Is one sold? if so, what do i get? secondly, I have the dedicated graphics card, and whenever the battery gets low it swithces to the intigrated graphics, even when plugged in. How can I make it use the dedicated graphics for the programs it usually would, even when the battery is low?         Cheers,                  Randomdude

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/I-have-a-Acer-Aspire-E5-574-G-laptop-and-have-several-questions/td-p/458245
Relevancy 64.5%

I own this acer aspire E 17 laptop, upgraded it to windows 10. after that i always have trouble in rebooting.Now my laptop dont get me to desktop anymore. it always shows "your PC didnt start correctly, press re start or advance option. i tried both but nothing have changed. it alwasy ends up to your pc ran into a problem and need to restart. there is stopcode shown Critical processed died. I also tried system restore but it says system restore not successful an unspecified error occured (0x800700b7)please  help..i dont have any CD when i bought it.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Hi-I-own-an-acer-aspire-E-17-laptop-ran-into-a-problem-need-to/td-p/464431
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a Acer Aspire Laptop that was running Windows The hard drive had totally crashed so I ordered one from Newegg It came in and I installed the Western Digital Hard Drive There was Laptop! Bad a New Please Aspire Acer with Help no problem in installing the hard New Help Bad with a Acer Aspire Laptop! Please drive After installing I checked the Bios and the drive New Help Bad with a Acer Aspire Laptop! Please was recognized I had ordered from Acer a set of Recovery CDs which I used today to recover Windows All went well and I had the system up and running There were a Windows updates that I started Went in the other room and came back in about a half an hour and the laptop was dead I went into Bios and no drive was recognized I am not sure what else I could do to see if in fact the drive was bad I mean I had it completely finished and running fine I ve taken out and reinserted the hard but it shows New Help Bad with a Acer Aspire Laptop! Please no drive in Bios I would sure appreciate any and all ideas any of you might give to me Thanks

A:New Help Bad with a Acer Aspire Laptop! Please

I am not sure what else I could do to see if in fact the drive was badIf you have another computer and by using a USB external enclosure, you may be able to check the status of both the new and old laptop drives. There maybe a chance that your hard drive is not well seated and needs to gently press while powering up your laptop and then try checking on your BIOS utility. Check also for any dented pins. Have you tried reapplying thermal paste for the CPU and look for any oxidation and burnt components?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456820/new-help-bad-with-a-acer-aspire-laptop-please/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello my name is Niqua and I'm having a trouble fixing my laptop. Its an Acer Aspire 5732z and it wont boot up it will go to the windows start up screen and then i get an error message saying it encounted a problemand needs to restart. I did not receive a recovery disk or a manual for it and I'm so lost please help

A:my acer aspire laptop :(

Hello NiQui and welcome to TSF!

Have you tried booting in Safe-Mode?.
If not you can try this by holding F8 when Windows is about to boot and a menu should appear. You should select " Boot in Safe Mode". See if you manage to get to desktop with this.

Thanks,
Altie

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-acer-aspire-laptop-639666.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am damian I would like to know since I have a female to female vga and I would like to connectto pc monitor

Relevancy 64.5%

windows 10 ,32 gig hard drive,,These things are crazy-it does an update and have 2 gig left on drive so i try to do a reset but cant -it said i need 2 more gigs ,so i do a roll back and was able to do factory reset--i cant get the 0S on two dvds -i have to buy a stupid thumb drive--why didnt they make these things with an 80 gig drive-it would of cost maybe 2 more dollars

the worst thing is i have no mouse, yet it will work with external mouse

im through with buying windows i think

btw "advanced system care" software seemed to have saved my xp computer for now anyway

A:Acer Aspire Laptop

First of all try disk clean up > run that
Then again but this time choose 'clean up system files'

Run CCleaner Slim (only in its 'default' settings) and run the cleaner. Use its 'Tools' to remove all but the latest System Restore point.

Other things to free space is do a clean uninstall (using something decent like Revo Uninstaller in its Advanced mode) of any programs you don't need or use.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/acer-aspire-laptop.311702/
Relevancy 64.5%

a Plants Vs Zombies GW2 for our son. He has been unable to play it on the laptop. We have noticed it requires a CPU of 3.2 GHz. Is it possible to increase the CPU on our laptop so he can play the game?  Many thanks

A:Hi. We have an Acer Aspire E 15 laptop with a cpu ...

Hello, Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Hi-We-have-an-Acer-Aspire-E-15-laptop-with-a-cpu-of-1-7GHz-with/td-p/432064/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.07%

Well I've got this problem and couldn't find any solution in here that helped me.

I've formatted the C disk where windows 8 was on and then tried to install windows 7 from with a boot USB.
Did didn't work. I've tried literally everything.

1. I've the right boot order.
2. I've turned of secure boot.
3. I've tried it with a DVD.
4. The USB and DVD boot both work on my laptop.

It looks like whatever I do I always get this text in my screen:

"Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected device and press a key"

Has anyone any idea what this can be? It gets really frustrating that this PC is unresponsive to any change and will not boot anything. Much thanks for the help in advance.

A:Acer Aspire XC-603 Boot problems

Work through these steps to Troubleshoot Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

It sounds like your boot media is not formatted correctly. If you have UEFI BIOS then flash stick must be formatted using only Option 1 of UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows
and must then be booted only as a UEFI device. Delete all partitions to clear formatting and install.

If problems persist report back any BIOS settings related to UEFI, CSM, Legacy BIOS, Secure Boot, and BIOS Boot Priority order. Pictures will help. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/360671-acer-aspire-xc-603-boot-problems.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Ok, so my just over a year old laptop fell off of my bed today. When trying to turn on the black acer screen comes up and a few seconds later it restarts. I have tried f 8, just beeps, f 12 still nothing but beeping, alt 10 same. I have tried removing the harddrive and starting it, still nothing. I then tried removing the ram one at a time, still nothing. Could the mother board off went bad? Any ideas? Thanks

Relevancy 64.07%

Hello,

I have an acer aspire 5100 that does not even boot. It crashes early and tries to reboot without success. None of the other booting modes work either, all crash early. I can go to the bios with f2 and something seems strange. In the boot priority order, I have:
1: IDE 0: TSHIBA MK6034GAX-(PM)
2: IDE 1: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T10N-(P
3: SATA:
4: PCI BEV: Realtek Boot Agent
5: USB HDD:
etc. usb all empty.

Shouldn't the hard drive be in SATA?
I don't know how to solve the problem. A boot disk maybe?
Thanks,
Serge.

A:acer aspire 5100 does not boot

1 is a hard disk
see here
http://sdd.toshiba.com/techdocs/MK6034GAXTechnicalNotes-RevA0.pdf

do you have the recovery CDs at all?

None of the other booting modes work either, Click to expand...

I assume you mean safe mode etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5100-does-not-boot.870064/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have an Acer Aspire M1100 that I bought for my late wife in 2008. It has been sitting in the corner of my living room virtually untouched for 6-9 months. I have not used it as it is using Windows Vista and is incredibly slow in comparison to my laptop.

I have recently decided to try and sell it as I need the space but it refuses to boot up. I switch it on and occassionally the monitor flashes up ACER followed by NO SIGNAL but does nothing else. I have tried different monitors on it and checked all the connections but always get the same result. I can hear the internal fans whirring and the 'on' light comes on but nothing else.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 64.07%

acer aspire desktop wont boot. An blue screen error message is coming up saying problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to computer. Also says to run CHKDISK /F but this cant be done as I cant get to DOS. Also message at end stop 0x00000024.
I have pressed F12 on startup and gone to boot menu but it still goes back to blue screen in Safe Mode and Last Known Good Configuration.

A:Acer Aspire wont boot

Hi and welcome to TSF see if the info here can be of help Windows XP Blue Screen error message: 0x00000024 - Microsoft Community

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-aspire-wont-boot-681177.html
Relevancy 64.07%

my acer aspire 4920 can only enter the setup menu...(by pressing F2 when the acer screen comes up) booting from cds does not work at all...
the logo menu shows up and after that just a black screen with nothing at all...it cant boot up at all and doesnt even reach the windows logo menu...what can i do to salvage the data?

A:Acer aspire 4920 cannot boot at all

Remove the hard drive, buy a USB enclosure for that laptop hard drive, and connect it to a desktop coputer. You should be able to access the data that way

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-4920-cannot-boot-at-all.103911/
Relevancy 64.07%

I need your help people I have a practically brand new ACER ASPIRE month old max and I was experiencing some reboot failures and also having problems turning the computer on how's that Well for example when rebooting the computer it did not turn back on kept a black screen no sounds in other words wasn't booting So I manually turned it off by holding down the power button and then back on sometimes it took a couple of tries to make it work but usually that did the job The same logic goes for powering it on form the start Now at this moment the computer won't boot up at any means not that I know of I noticed that the HDD light isn't blinking at all So I though that maybe for some reason the computer could not access the HDD the other LED indicators lt is that correct aren't blinking either actually they blink just one time when I hit the power button and then stop The power button stays on So I did some research and found that it could be a BIOS problem the solution I found is for the Acer Aspire One notebook therefore I couldn't figure out a way to make that work on the didn't even try 'cause I know how risky messing with the BIOS is -- Quite a text right there hum Okay so here I'm Can anybody help me please I honestly don't won't Aspire 4553 boot Acer up know what else to do BTW here are the articles I found http apevere blogspot com ck-screen Acer Aspire 4553 won't boot up html http en kioskea net forum affich- -won-t-boot-up A little more research and I found that this problem is called quot The Black Screen of Death quot motherfukc sorry Found this site http www acerlaptoprepairs info there are a few articles showing how to recovery the bios and stuff but there is none regarding my model I'm honestly giving up hope I'm running out of time too Am I in the wrong section 'Cause nobody seems to have interest in helping me

A:Acer Aspire 4553 won't boot up

Well first, if this is a new laptop it is under warranty and you should first attempt to return it for replacement or repair. Making major changes on your own may void that warranty.

If the laptop will not boot at all you could try a power reset:
To perform a power reset:
Remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter or the power cord from the computer.
Press and hold down the power button on the computer down for 30 seconds and then release the button.
Plug in the AC adapter or power cord again, reinsert the battery, and power on the computer.
The BIOS upgrades for the 4553 show corrections to a no-boot situation, so you may be on the right track with a need for a BIOS upgrade (but see point one above). The problem is that you need to be able to get into the BIOS to do an upgrade on most machines, so until you can get it to BOOT that option is not available.

Flashing the BIOS is serious business. Do it wrong and you turn your shiny new laptop into a brick. So let's see if you can get into the bios first and check some things. Usually you press the DEL, F2, or ESC key when the laptop first starts to get in (check your screen - it will say what key somewhere). Don't make any changes unless you are sure of what they do. Just check to see you can get in and look around, then we can take it from there.

Also, be sure your model number is exact: 4553 and not 4553g. Installing the wrong BIOS will cause a very bad day.

Your 4553 laptop BIOS versions are here:
Acer Support: Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook / Aspire / Aspire 4553

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/148375-acer-aspire-4553-wont-boot-up.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi everyone I checked all the threads here but didn t find the same case I am experiencing I have an Acer Aspire Win Vista bit Today I regularly started up the OS it was on Freeze mode turned it off regularly and after a few minutes turned it on again I did this because when i de-freeze my pc sometimes it happens that it does not catch the wireless connection After mins I realized that it was stuck in a loop first Acer white screen with Acer logo and possibility to get to BIOS by pressing F then a short black screen with a little white line with possibility of pressing not Aspire Acer Vista boot will - F F and so on I tried safe mode and all those things but no way my laptop will alternate continously the white Acer screen Vista will not boot - Acer Aspire and the black screen with no way out I tried with Vista will not boot - Acer Aspire a Vista Dvd made by someone else since mine was pre-installed on the laptop and I didn t have any Vista dvd or cd Also tried with a Cd with Ubuntu on -in both cases changing the Boot Priority Order in the BIOS making quot USB CDROM quot number instead of n in the priority order But no way Made the memory test check but it s ok I have important data both on C and D what can I do to save them thanks everyone edit I never get any error message It just gets in the loop restlessly it could go on forever if i don t power it off And I did not install any updates or software or whatever nbsp

A:Vista will not boot - Acer Aspire

Are you hitting the F8 key early enough, you should start to tap on it as soon as the Acer logo dissapears.

You have set the USB CDROM to first in the boot order, are you using an external CD drive? The drive in the laptop will not be listed as a USB device, you need to set the internal CD drive to 1st in the boot order.

You can buy a device called a USB Hard Drive Adapter for about &#8364;10. If you get one you can remove your hard drive and use this device to connect it to another PC. You can then extract all your files and run some diagnostics on the drive which I can give instructions for.

If the copy of Vista you have does not exactly match your version of Vista and is at the same service pack level, or higher, it will not work. It should boot the laptop but you will not be able to use it for any kind of repair as it will produce an error. You can download a Vist repair disc for your version from here: http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/

Just checked the above link and downloads are suspended but may be back soon.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-will-not-boot-acer-aspire.1004524/
Relevancy 64.07%

Im not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this but I have an Acer Aspire M Desktop computer that has a boot and posting issue I got this machine with this problem and I'm in the process of restoring it So sometimes it posts and boots and sometimes it doesn't When it doesn't post or boot at all sometimes the cd drive light flashes constantly and there is no live screen at all Other times the cd drive light does not flash but the media card reader light is on sometimes both and sometimes neither If I let it sit like this for about minutes it will restart Aspire Acer boot issues itself and go Acer Aspire boot issues thorough the bios and boot properly Thats only when its cold like if its been off for a few hours If its been on for a while its like every other time Acer Aspire boot issues i turn it on there is either post and no boot or no post at all Ive reset the bios by jumper and by removing the cmos battery It does not beep at all when it does not post or not boot I read that I should try updating the bios but for some reason it wont let me It says quot Error loading driver quot Or quot incompatible with current OS quot I downloaded the correct drivers for the machine and the only one it wont load as far as i know is the bios update I've already replaced the cmos battery with ones i know are good but to no success I checked the ram and the processor to ensure they are seated correctly and they are Any ideas I need help with this Here are the machine specs to my knowledge Acer Aspire M AMD Athlon X processor ATI Redeon onboard graphics It is running windows vista x home premium I installed it fresh The bios version is R -B which is the older one It has GB or memory that I put in when i got the machine it had none These are pictures of what I see when I do try to run the file on that computer I took extra pictures to show which files im opening I transferred them off that machine to my laptop Maybe I'm not opening the file correctly Any help at all would be appreciated I would have tried to load the bios from power on I read online if i hold the fn and escape key it will load it from a usb if i name the files correctly but the keyboard I have that will work with this computer do not have an fn key FML My laptop does but that isnt gonna help me with the acer Sorry I typed so much just wanna be sure you guys are on the same page as me I would appreciate any help Thank you

A:Acer Aspire boot issues

Have you installed SP1 and Sp2 and subsequent updates?

Since the CD lights come one and then nothing afterwards, it sounds like a hard drive problem. I'm assuming the CD drive is the first boot device in the BIOS.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/300417-acer-aspire-boot-issues.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey gang,
I have an acer aspire axc-603g that is stuck in a loop boot after running windows updates. I can't get it to boot to a Hiren's CD or USB drive. I've tried disabling secure boot in the bios and enabling the boot menu but whenever I access the boot menu the only option that shows up is "windows boot manager" which then sends me back into the boot loop. The bios version is P11-B0
I'm at a loss and any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74134-acer-aspire-wont-boot-cd-usb-drive.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey gang,I have an acer aspire axc-603g that is stuck in a loop boot after running windows updates. I can't get it to boot to a Hiren's CD or USB drive. I've tried disabling secure boot in the bios and enabling the boot menu but whenever I access the boot menu the only option that shows up is "windows boot manager" which then sends me back into the boot loop. The bios version is P11-B0I'm at a loss and any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606225/acer-aspire-wont-boot-to-cd-or-usb-drive/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi, my Acer Aspire 7551G laptop switches on butthe screen does not turn on (tried VGA to TV connection but no signal). I'm thinking it's a corrupt BIOS.So I need to flash the BIOS. I downloaded the BIOS from the Acer drivers pageand there are these files in the DOS folder (I have to use DOS since I can't get into Windows because no boot) ACERACDC.exeFLASH.batJE70D118.ROMJE70D118.WPHphlash16.exe I've tried copying/pasting these files onto USBand even tried the CRISIS DISK methodbut neither are giving the laptop any response. The USB light does NOT blinkeven if I hold the FN + Esc keys. What am I doing wrong?Please advise. Do I have to rename the .WPH file to some model specifc name?What is the code for this model?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-7551G-NO-BOOT/td-p/441349/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.07%

computer has error message Boot config file missingsome required info. error code 0xc000000d I do not have recovery disk

A:how do i get boot disk for Acer Aspire es!-711

The recovery files are on your hard drive. You should have created the recovery disc the day you bought the computer. Have a look at this:https://neosmart.net/blog/2012/wind...Or you can try a factory restore but you will lose all your files.http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answer...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-do-i-get-boot-disk-for-acer-aspire-es711/1974.html
Relevancy 64.07%

hi please help, i'm trying to fix a family members laptop, when it boots up it freezes on the "starting windows" screen, i've tried loading the repair cd but it seems to hang when its loading...any ideas?

EDIT

hard drive doesnt seem to be recognised in BIOS or in kasperky rescue cd??

laptop specs

acer aspire 5552
windows 7 home premium
AMD ATHLON II Z2 PROCESSOR P320
ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 4250
3GB RAM DDR3
320GB HDD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-boot-up-freeze.1123560/
Relevancy 64.07%

hello my aspire one one cant boot this happened after revoming the battery when the computer had frozen i have followed advice on http forums techguy org boot cannot Acer Aspire one D257 windows- -new-acer-aspire-one-d html answered by Mark Malware Removal Specialist with posts Acer Aspire one D257 cannot boot below are the logs Scan Acer Aspire one D257 cannot boot result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-EEAQ IF on - - Running from F Platform WIN X OS Language English United States Boot Mode Recovery Attention Could not load system hive Attention System hive is missing Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved ATTENTION Software hive is missing Services Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the service will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately Drivers Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the service will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately NetSvcs Whitelisted If an item is included in the fixlist it will be removed from the registry Any associated file could be listed separately to be moved One Month Created Files and Folders If an entry is included in the fixlist the file folder will be moved One Month Modified Files and Folders If an entry is included in the fixlist the file folder will be moved Known DLLs Whitelisted Bamital amp volsnap Check There is no automatic fix for files that do not pass verification C Windows explorer exe IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System winlogon exe IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System svchost exe IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System services exe IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System User dll IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System userinit exe IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System rpcss dll IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System Drivers volsnap sys IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows system codeintegrity Bootcat cache IS MISSING lt ATTENTION C Windows System winsrv dll IS MISSING lt ATTENTION Restore Points Memory info Percentage of memory in use Total physical RAM MB Available physical RAM MB Total Pagefile MB Available Pagefile MB Total Virtual MB Available Virtual MB Drives Drive f GRMCPRFRER Removable Total GB Free GB FAT Drive x Boot Fixed Total GB Free GB NTFS MBR amp Partition Table Disk MBR Code Windows or Size GB Disk ID FDC Partition Active - Size GB - Type C End Of Log kindly assist me thank you nbsp

A:Acer Aspire one D257 cannot boot

Drive x: (Boot) (Fixed) (Total:0.03 GB) (Free:0.03 GB)Click to expand...

Your boot partition has nothing on it because the size and the amount free are the same.

A computer will not boot if there is no "boot record".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-d257-cannot-boot.1138080/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire 3680 and yesterday, when I tried to boot up, it gives a black screen, no images, prompts, sounds etc. I can hear the fan and the lights on the front are on.

I have read many posts and tried some things but I am now lost. I have tried;

*Plugging in external monitor - cannot get anything on second screen
*Taking out battery, draining power, restarting numerous time - no luck
*Hitting function keys to try to get to set-up screen - no luck

The memory is very full (close to capacity) althouh I'm not sure if this is related.

I have read in some posts about dowloading BIOS files on a memory stick but I can't find any information specific to the 3680.

Thanks in advance for your help. I really need to get booted up so I can recover and backup a lot of personal files and photos.

Regards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-3680-will-not-boot-up.982068/
Relevancy 64.07%

My Acer Aspire R14 laptop went completely blank a few weeks ago. When I unpluged the power cord, it started right up, but the moment I plugged the power cord back in it would shut down. The battery soon died this way, because it would not charge. I removed the battery then the it started up with the power cord. I thought it must be the battery, so I installed a new battery. that did nothing to change the problem. So, I ordered a new motherboard and after a few weeks, I recieved it today, installed it, and I still have the same thing. It works well with the power cord plugged in as long as the battery is disconnected. But the moment I connect the battery, everything shuts down, not to be revived unless I disconnect the battery.  I need help!! What could be the problem?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

Relevancy 64.07%

My wife's Aspire one (has no hard drive) got an infection, caused a lot of problems, I removed a malfunctioning AVG, and tried to run a Panda scan but it stopped booting up, the ctl-alt-f10 did not give me the boot partition but an error message about a missing .dll file and the message error is 4. I cant find a way to start up in safe mode, I only get the initisl startup screen, then the system goes dead with a blank white screen. Any answers?

A:Acer Aspire One wont boot up. Help

Hello, and sorry for the delay. If you still need help, please follow the steps below.Try this please. You will need a USB drive.Download GETxPUD.exe to the desktop of your clean computerRun GETxPUD.exeA new folder will appear on the desktop.Open the GETxPUD folder and click on the get&burn.batThe program will download xpud_0.9.2.iso, and upon finished will open BurnCDCC ready to burn the image.Click on Start and follow the prompts to burn the image to a CD.Remove the USB & CD and insert it in the sick computerBoot the Sick computer with the CD you just burnedThe computer must be set to boot from the CDGently tap F12 and choose to boot from the CDFollow the promptsA Welcome to xPUD screen will appearPress FileExpand mntsda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDDsdb1 is likely your USBClick on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)Press Tool at the topChoose Open TerminalType the following and press enter:

dd if=/dev/sda of=mbr.bin bs=512 count=1

Press EnterAfter it has finished a file will be located on your USB drive named mbr.binRemove the USB drive and insert it back in your working computer and navigate to mbr.bin, zip it up and attach it to your next reply.This will allow me to have a look at the MasterBootRecord of your drive and see if it is infected.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406660/acer-aspire-one-wont-boot-up-help/
Relevancy 64.07%

This is my first time ever needing to ask a question online for any reason I can usually find the information I require this time however I cannot I have an One Boot Aspire Acer Failure Acer Aspire One D - that I haven t been able to figure out after what feels like exhausting every option I am about to give up on it which I d really like not too since the hardware still seems functional in every way After turning the machine on it takes an abnormal amount of time -- seconds or so -- to enter POST It will display the ACER screen with Fast boot Acer Aspire One Boot Failure mode enabled and the POST info when disabled In either instance the screen only appears for second enough time to see it detect the HDD and to see the F bios and F boot order options I can access the BIOS it will detect the HDD and appears to work Acer Aspire One Boot Failure normally I can enter the boot menu also The problem occurs immediately after the POST when accessing the HDD The screen flashes a lit black then turns completely black with no back light then after about a literal minute it will restart and repeat I have tried multiple HDD s and they both have the same issue I have also ran diagnostics on the RAM If I remove the HDD it will report back that No Bootable Media was detected whereas it auto reboots with the HDD in it will not auto reboot in this case I ve tried to boot from Windows AND Linux DVD CD s as well as USB drives with bootable Linux the problem is that in POST the PC WILL NOT DETECT ANY USB DEVICES and that goes for in the BIOS as well I can change the boot orders to be correct remove the HDD insert both USB CD DVD ROM and a bootable USB and then press f to access Boot menu Once there the only thing that appears is the network boot option and with the HDD in I see the HDD option as well but never any USB options This prevents me from flashing the BIOS or doing any other CD based diagnostics I know the hard drives are OK but I don t know if they have any OS on them I d like to be able to install one via DVD but I can t boot up my netbook with a HDD in it without it rebooting and it wont detect any external DVD ROM i have So in conclusion the only way to make POST stable without auto reboot is to remove the HDD and sit at the quot No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key quot screen However it still continues to take about seconds to start the POST It will not detect anything extrnal via POST or inside BIOS I tried flashing the BIOS I cannot When starting the netbook with Fn Esc keys held down it boots the same way Can anyone help me with this does it sounds like a BIOS Mobo issue even though it starts up and POST s OK without HDD inside it when I know the HDD s are working nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-boot-failure.1068620/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi, my Acer Aspire 7551G laptop switches on butthe screen does not turn on (tried VGA to TV connection but no signal). I'm thinking it's a corrupt BIOS.So I need to flash the BIOS. I downloaded the BIOS from the Acer drivers pageand there are these files in the DOS folder (I have to use DOS since I can't get into Windows because no boot) ACERACDC.exeFLASH.batJE70D118.ROMJE70D118.WPHphlash16.exe I've tried copying/pasting these files onto USBand even tried the CRISIS DISK methodbut neither are giving the laptop any response. The USB light does NOT blinkeven if I hold the FN + Esc keys. What am I doing wrong?Please advise. Do I have to rename the .WPH file to some model specifc name?What is the code for this model?

A:Acer Aspire 7551G NO BOOT

Have you tried to toggle the lid and external screens on and off with the Fn+F5 & Fn+F6 toggle key combos? Jack E/NJ 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-7551G-NO-BOOT/td-p/441349
Relevancy 64.07%

Several months ago, i was using my acer aspire 5100 laptop when the mouse suddenly stopped moving and the computer became unresponsive. When i restarted it it worked for about 30 seconds and the same thing happened. I've removed the operating system and initially, i was able to re-install it, only to find the same problem. I then wiped the hard drive using a boot CD and now it won't even boot from disk. Also, it froze when installing windows xp (I think this was the same issue as when it initially broke), and for a while it came up with a PXE-61 error which now no longer appears.
The laptop managed to run linux ubuntu for about a week no problem until the same error occurred.
any tips would be great

Thanks

A:Acer Aspire 5100 won't boot

My guess would be test the memory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5100-wont-boot.1056338/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello everyone, I tried booting my new T3-710 but I get stuck at the "Acer" homepage.The keyboard is plugged in and is connected but I can't get in the BIOS with "F12" or "Del.".Any advise or help on something I might be missing? ThanksThomas

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-T3-710-problem-with-first-boot/td-p/438967
Relevancy 64.07%

My Acer Aspire R14 laptop went completely blank a few weeks ago. When I unpluged the power cord, it started right up, but the moment I plugged the power cord back in it would shut down. The battery soon died this way, because it would not charge. I removed the battery then the it started up with the power cord. I thought it must be the battery, so I installed a new battery. that did nothing to change the problem. So, I ordered a new motherboard and after a few weeks, I recieved it today, installed it, and I still have the same thing. It works well with the power cord plugged in as long as the battery is disconnected. But the moment I connect the battery, everything shuts down, not to be revived unless I disconnect the battery.  I need help!! What could be the problem?

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/My-Acer-Aspire-R14-will-not-boot-with-the-charger-cord-plugged/td-p/437916/jump-to/first-unread-message