Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 licence transferable?

Q: Windows 7 licence transferable?

Hi. I have a relatively small hdd with a genuine windows 7 op installed. Is it possibly to remove this licence and install on a larger hdd? If so how would I go about it?

Many thanks in advance. Danny

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 licence transferable?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 licence transferable?

On the same PC yes, reinstall using the key code on the sticker on the side, or image the old drive to the new.

What brand/model drives are involved?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-licence-transferable-675190.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello I need a new copy of windows either OEM one 1PC full licence.

If I update a PC in the future or do a new complete build , I the windows 8.1 FULL 1 PC version transferable to the new/upgraded PC ?

thanks

A:windows 8.1 transferable?

If you purchased a copy of windows 8.x or upgraded to it from a retail version of Windows then you can transfer to any PC you own. If the OS came with a Dell, HP, Compaq, etc. then you cannot.

Quote:

Can I transfer the software to another computer or user? You may transfer the software to another computer that belongs to you. You may also transfer the software (together with the license) to a computer owned by someone else if a) you are the first licensed user of the software and b) the new user agrees to the terms of this agreement. To make that transfer, you must transfer the original media, the certificate of authenticity, the product key and the proof of purchase directly to that other person, without retaining any copies of the software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-1-transferable-860417.html
Relevancy 62.78%

i had an hp laptop for approximately 1 year and after the warrranty expired, the laptop motherboard failed and it was lost for good. i want to know if there is any way i can still use the OEM license for Windows 7 Home Premium??? this transfer would be made to a toshiba laptop. the OS came preinstalled when i purchased the laptop

and the thing is, the HP laptop was Windows 7 x64 but the toshiba laptop is x86 so there's another question, if a x64 license works whne installing an x86 version of Windows 7 HP.

edit: i figured out that you cant from a simple search, which is what i should've done before i posted this . . . that sucks that i cant transfer the OS AT ALL

A:OEM copy of Windows 7, transferable??

Probably not to a Toshiba board... but another HP...

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/205518-oem-copy-windows-7-transferable.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Yes, I know they are, depending on the circumstance (like for identical Windows versions)... And this is a new one:

I gave an old ME machine to my church, and put Ubuntu 6.06 on it. I have the install disk for ME (useless - it was an OEM version), AND, I have the COA sticker (useFUL???).

So, with my generic XP install disk, can I install XP to a new build, and activate it with the ME COA?

Relevancy 52.89%

Recently I had an issue with my main windows account where it couldn't run microsoft edge or the calculator app The tiles under the start menu were also missing and Which are transferable? files AppData the settings option disappeared from the start menu as well I ended up creating a second windows account which didn't have any of the problems listed above In trying to make the second account into my old account I wanted to retain my bookmarks in firefox and other application Which AppData files are transferable? settings so I ended up copying my old account's AppData folder into the new account's AppData folder However after restarting my computer Which AppData files are transferable? the Which AppData files are transferable? new account started having the same issues as the old Now creating a new account again I was wanting to make sure I do it right this time and came to ask about the AppData folder Which files in the AppData folder are safe to copy over from the old AppData folder to the new and which should I avoid I assume the roaming folder contents are okay to transfer but what about the local folder contents

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/which-appdata-files-are-transferable-1166817.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Can anyone help please with a solution that wont cost or confirm if he has to payout for help from Acer or buy a whole new OS Forgive me if you have answered this time and time again and if so please forward me to the thread I had a quick look and didnt see any threads on this but I have been tring to resolve this for hours for a friend who is panicking he is a step away from being a technophobe and I also need to get on with my own work After having problems with his system and licence 0cx004e002, inconsistant with software Error software code licence database doing a Vista system restore this error as in the title of the thread comes up when my friend tries to log in the wording of the error may not be quite right though the code is correct I looked at the microsoft website but it wasn't there in the error search The closest error Error code 0cx004e002, software licence inconsistant with software licence database is quot The Software Licensing Service reported that that the licensing evaluation failed quot It is an Acer desktop and when I asked Acer for help they said the system should have been restored using their system restore and it would now cost my friend and take three weeks to get restore disks to him

A:Error code 0cx004e002, software licence inconsistant with software licence database

Well thanks for the help, it was sure nice to get some advice

All I wanted to know was if there was any other avenue my friend could go down to get his problem sorted other than having to fork out ?100 for a new OS or ?48 (and wait 3 weeks) to get the Acer restore disks sent out. I did follow the sticky thread on authenticating Vista which guided me to system properties to click the authenticate button/tab to try to re-authenticate the user key BUT I cold not find the autheticate button/tab and so I couldnt even carry out those instructions.

Surely if my firend has had this problem with his Acer desktop then others will have too. Its easy to expect that if you have Windows Vista you should be able to use the restore function that is their for you protection built into the OS without locking it up and having to pay Acer ?48 to get it sorted because you didnt know you had to use their restore function.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-code-0cx004e002-software-licence-inconsistant-with-software-licence-database-356603.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i have a couple laptops that both came with windows 8.1 that im going to be selling. both were upgraded to win10 during the free upgrade period and both are currently on anniversary edition. when i look at the activation page, it says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account". naturally, i will reset windows before sale so does this mean the new owner will not be able to activate windows 10 since it wont be done with my acct? do i need to track down restore media for each and put win8 back on?

A:is the free win10 upgrade transferable to another owner?

That's actually very interesting because historically and even when I had my stint on Windows 10, the license is tied to the machine, not the user. What I would do is reset those laptops and set them up with a local account and see if the activation status is an issue.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/445645-free-win10-upgrade-transferable-another-owner.html
Relevancy 49.02%

hi im wanting to re-do my computer with a complete clean installion but have only got the one licence key thats on my computer now how do i de activate and re activate my key thats the only reason im wanting to re do laptop it because of this problem in a another thread http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic402773.html if somebody could help or assist with either or both of these problems i would be very grateful thanks

A:windows 7 licence key

hi im wanting to re-do my computer with a complete clean installion but have only got the one licence key thats on my computer now how do i de activate and re activate my key thats the only reason im wanting to re do laptop it because of this problem in a another thread http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic402773.html if somebody could help or assist with either or both of these problems i would be very grateful thanksFrom Microsoft's website regarding re-installation:You can reinstall Windows 7 using Recovery in Control Panel, under Advanced recovery methods. This method reinstalls Windows 7, either from a recovery image provided by your computer manufacturer, or from your original Windows 7 installation files. You need to reinstall all of the programs that you added, and restore all of your files from a backup. For more information, see Choosing an advanced recovery method.If Windows 7 doesn't run at all, you can reinstall Windows using your original Windows 7 installation disc. To do this, follow the instructions in "Using the Custom installation option and formatting the hard disk" earlier in this topic.I would recommend backing up all of your files before you perform any installation, but I have always been able to activate a key after a reinstall on the same machine. There is also some good info from the Microsoft forum regarding reactivation over the telephone, but I haven't had to do that since Windows XP first came out.Here are the steps for using the telephone option for activation.1. Press the Windows Logo Key+R. This will bring up the Run dialog box.2. In the Open: box, type slui 4 and press OK. This will start the manual activation wizard.3. Select your Country in the drop down menu and click Next.4. The wizard will display a Toll Free phone number. Leave the wizard open on the computer and call that phone number.Flex those Google muscles!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402829/windows-7-licence-key/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I bought Sony VIAO Laptop VPCEB G B this week and this is my st Laptop which came with Genuine Windows Home Premium Pre-Installed There was an authentication sticker under the Laptop which Reveals a Product Key Windows Serial Key Help OEM Windows Licence. About HP Need : 7 There is no Disc in the Laptop Box The Need Help : About Windows 7 HP OEM Licence. Laptop HDD contain a normal C Drive GB as well GB Recovery Partition MB Windows Reserve Space As the manual stated if something Need Help : About Windows 7 HP OEM Licence. happens System Recovery is the only way To recover the VIAO either use Recovery Partition or Recovery Disc Made set DVDs Upon completing Recovery successfully it land me up to the Factory setting condition I checked the Sony Viao Website not much info about my question My question is Can I Re-install the Windows Home Premium from any Win Disc by using the key which is printed at the bottom of my laptop and activate the product during instillation or later If I do the Recovery which make the Lappy to Out-of-the box Default Factory Setting position means no Win Update installed no program install nothing and in the mean time if MS release a Service Pack for the Win Do I need to installed that too once I done the Recovery Is there any way I can preserve this update so later it save me all data download I want to use this Win HP License as I don't want to buy another license for Laptop Please experts any input is most valuable to me Still now I don't even use the machine in fear of losing windows Hope I post in the correct section If not mod please move it to correct section

A:Need Help : About Windows 7 HP OEM Licence.

1) you can use the license with any Home Premium disc. Let's say, you wanted to do a clean install with a retail copy of 7, you could do that, but you most likely have to activate by phone.

2) Using the recovery partition will erase all programs and updates. The only way to preserve updates and programs is to make recovery disc or regular back-ups to an external hard drive. Technically speaking, you could create another partition to do this on, but if the drive itself fails, you will be out of luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/105561-need-help-about-windows-7-hp-oem-licence.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Everyone.

Could someone clarify this maybe simple question please ?

I have three Pcs running on a wireless network and all systems have their pre-installed Microsoft Genuine XP Home Edition setup with their own different genuine Auth Licence Keys !

Just built a new system and was wondering if i could install XP Home on it and use pre-owned installation cd and use the same licence key again on this new built pc ?

I assume I could do it, but what about the online registration needed to validate the product ?

1. Can I register this Licence key Again ?
2. Would it affect the other PC using the same Licence key ?

Appreciate any answers ?

Thanks in advance for any replies ?

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello .............
First i have a custom built desktop PC and i want to install Windows 8.1 Pro
1:I bought an Windows 8.1 Pro OEM Licence Key(Sold Separately)From stor!
2:I am going to Download Windows 8.1 pro Iso(Microsoft Official Iso)
My Question is Will the oem licence key can Activate the downloaded bootable windows ISo?

A:Windows OEM Licence Key

Yes, you should have no problems with a legitimate Win 8.1 ISO.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/66437-windows-oem-licence-key.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a dilemma which I hope someone can solve About a year ago I purchased a 'returned' Sony laptop from a retail supplier The laptop had had pro licence 8.1 not? Windows or the disc cleared and a new copy of Windows Pro installed but no licence key supplied Not happy with the installation and no installation discs or product key I purchased a full copy of Windows Pro complete with Windows 8.1 pro licence or not? Product Key The package is genuine Miucrosoft and contains two discs one for bit and the other for bit systems I installed Windows as a clean install on the laptop Entered the Product Key when requested and installation completed satisfactorily System activated normally System then downloaded all updates as expected including the update to Windows and system has been fine ever since The problem is that although the MS packaging the discs and the Product Key all indicate a Pro version of Windows Control Panel System indicates it is 'only' Windows not the Pro version Can anyone throw some light on what has gone wrong if anything and how do I get WIndows up to Pro level Thanks in advance for your assistance

A:Windows 8.1 pro licence or not?

Run Showkey (see below) - post the screen (NB click the key(s) to hide it)

You may just need to change the key to your Pro key but lets see what's installed first.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/71519-windows-8-1-pro-licence-not.html
Relevancy 49.02%

This coming October, I want to upgrade my OS from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7. But I'm still in doubt about the legality regarding the licence for Windows 7. Are the genuine users of Vista be given a valid licence of W7?

A:Licence For Windows 7

There is no general answer to this as it depends on different factors (e.g. date of purchase of your Vista, your manufacturer etc.). This is what Microsoft says officially about this "Windows 7 Upgrade Option":http://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/offers/upgrade.aspxhttp://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/offers/upgrade-faq.aspx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/241581/licence-for-windows-7/
Relevancy 49.02%

HI ,

I have a toshiba laptop with Xp pro on it that is now broken, i have built another pc and i wanted to know if i am entitled to use the XP licence of the old laptop as it is no longer in use, basically what i am saying is can i install an oem copy of xp pro on my new machine and use the laptop licence or do i have to migrate the licence and if so how ?

Any help appreciated
Thanks In Advance
Acestu

A:Windows XP Pro Licence Use ?

You can use the license from your old laptop. It will probably not activate automatically over the Internet however if you ring Microsoft you can explain to the operator that you are transfering it from a non-unused computer and they will give you the code over the phone.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300685/windows-xp-pro-licence-use/
Relevancy 48.16%

i have had my laptop for 2 years got it new from littlewoods
Ihave started getting a message (Your Windows Licence Will Expire Soon)
Ihave gone to pc setting and it say's it will expire on the 4th of August
Any help please

A:Your Windows Licence Will Expire Soon Aug 4th

What's the brand name and model name and model number of your laptop?

Do you remember what you did or may have installed in your laptop before it got the message?

What country do you live in?

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/your-windows-licence-will-expire-soon-aug-4th.1152032/
Relevancy 48.16%

If I wipe and reload other people's windows, what do I need to guarantee a valid reinstallation if the license is not on the computer?

Relevancy 48.16%

Just had to almost rebuild my computer due to a plug on my motherboard shorting out and needing to replace the processor, ram and hard drives as well. was wondering if i would have any problems installing my Windows 7 Ultimate that was an upgrade from either a Windows XP Media Center OEM or a Windows Vista OEM? Can't remember which one i decided to upgrade from since I was dual booting both at the time.

A:Windows 7 licence transfer help please

The fact that they were OEM means the qualifying XP or Vista lived and died with that mobo, so there must be another retail qualifying OS to use 7 Upgrade version on the new hardware.

It doesn't have to be installed and this is on the honor system but that's the rules under the EULA, since you asked. Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

The Upgrade version of course lives on for life, migratable to any hardware of your choice which has a qualifying XP or Vista associated with it, either OEM or retail you don't plan to use again while it serves as qualifier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/197853-windows-7-licence-transfer-help-please.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Ok heres the story Last week XP Issue Windows Licence I inherited an old Hi-grade laptop from my mum s work Windows XP Licence Issue which they were going to just throw away As I like messing about with computers I asked if they would mind giving it to me and they said that's fine Anyway before they did that they got there in house IT man to completely remove the installed copy of windows xp Therefore when I turned it on all I got was Windows XP Licence Issue a message that said quot No operating system found quot No problem I thought I'll just borrow an XP disk from a friend install it onto the hard drive and use the serial number that s printed on the bottom of the laptop I have tried that however and windows will not accept it Obviously this laptop Windows XP Licence Issue was using that licence code before so how can I make it understand that the operating system was just removed I would have thought that once you uninstall the operating system from a machine that licence code becomes usable again Obviously not can someone please help me with this Cheers Nick

A:Windows XP Licence Issue

Make sure your using the correct version of windows. Some keys are used for only OEM/Retail so-forth

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-licence-issue-496510.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Guys please help me I bought my laptop last June and it had Windows pre-installed in it The hard drive was broken so I had to "Your soon." expire Licence Windows will bring it to the place where I bought it December and they asked me to buy a new hard disk so I bought a Hitachi gb HDD and they said they'll be the one to install the OS so they did and it was a legal OS Since they my laptop was working well but just now when I started "Your Windows Licence will expire soon." it up it prompted Your Windows Licence will expire soon while I was surfing the net I looked at the System Properties and it said their that the Windows is activated but when I looked at "Your Windows Licence will expire soon." the PC settings it has a menu which says Activate Windows then when I click it it has options Activate Windows Online and Enter a new product key I clicked Activate many times but it fails Please help me Thanks in advance

A:"Your Windows Licence will expire soon."

btw. My Laptop is Lenovo S410P
HDD: 500gb
VC: nVidia GeForce (i forgot the model)
RAM: 4GB
Processor: intel i5

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580957/your-windows-licence-will-expire-soon/
Relevancy 48.16%

In 2009 I purchase a Windows 7 Home Premium licence - I purchased the licence in the United States,
with English localization.
I have just recently tried to download a windows 7 disc image (from the following Microsoft link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7) - 
The system verified my licence key as valid, but then only lets me download a win7 image
with a Korean localization.
How can I download a win7 image with English localization?
Thanks,
Eyal

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8387b1b8-5627-4b49-89d3-b2de8c1f3118/a-problem-with-my-windows-7-licence?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I bought a pc from a local branch of PC world in the U K The pc came with windows installed and a recovery disk but with no windows disk The pc actually its my cousins is so and Windows licence disk. filled with spyware popups trojans and viruses that it is unusable It took me minutes just to get internet explorer up along with dozens of popups It would be very difficuly for me to fix it for her as it would take ages to do anything The pc is old and I would like to do a re-install of windows to give it a fresh start then make sure it is protected for her But I dont have a windoes disk and the recovery disk doesnt seem to do anything As far as I understand it Windows licence and disk. when she bought the pc she payed for a windows licence and is entitled to a disk Is this the case Windows licence and disk. Can I go to pc world and insist that they give me the disk that corresponds to the licence she payed for If I cant get it can anyone suggest how I might get the pc to work for long enought to fix it Would safe mode still allow viruses and such to slow the machine down Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I'm trying to find the official Microsoft licence agreement for Windows 8.1 Preview - does anyone have a link?

I want to use Windows 8.1 Preview in a VM on a Windows 7 PC.

Normally for the full version of Windows 8, and I guess Windows 8.1 when the full version arrives, you'd need a separate licence for the VM installation. But does this apply to the preview version as well?

I'm trying to find a definitive link on the Microsoft website...

Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 Preview Licence - use in VM?

Not sure why you ask... this is a free to all evaluation version with a universal key...

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/30166-windows-8-1-preview-licence-use-vm.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have four machines and four cd (al oem) can you purchase just the licence from microsoft ?

Relevancy 48.16%

so i've noticed that new laptops shipped with windows 8 don't have a licence key, just what appears to be a readable chip or nfc device.

now a customer was interested in a new laptop with windows 8 and wanted to replace the hdd with an ssd, which at first seemed like an easy task.

now i'm not entirely sure what on earth to do, hard drives fail a lot from falling or impact damage and with no licence key how does one go about replacing and installing the operating system on one of these computers?

any info/advice or insight into this would be great.

thanks all.

Gazz

edit: thread now resolved , however there is some great tips and advice and knowledge about the licence key info that is worth reading.

thanks to everyone.

A:no licence key on windows 8 laptops

Information

We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
Recovery Drive - Create with USB Flash Drive in Windows 8

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

You can order OEM Recovery disks from your OEM manufacturer's website.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/11760-no-licence-key-windows-8-laptops.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Does anyone know where I can buy a windows 7 licence that I can LEGALLY use on multiple computers? I am working on a little side business fixing and selling computers and I would like a legit licence so I can put windows 7 on my computers. I looked around online buy the microsoft website is expensinve and I dont want to buy from and UNAUTHORIZED dealer. Any help Thanks Zito

A:[SOLVED] Buy Windows 7 licence

you can only purchase it from microsoft. and if anyone is selling it cheaper than you can find it in microsofts store, most likely it is not legal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-buy-windows-7-licence-688087.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi
Can someone please clarify for me, I want to buy a new pc. a local shop says he can build one at a very good price if I take along the Windows XP serial number from my old pc to tranfer to the new one. I asked him if this was legal as the old licence was OEM, he says he's done it hundreds of times, and anyone who says its illegal is talking rubbish! Is he right?

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

I have windows 8 pro on my old laptop , However I recently bought a new computer and want to transfer it to that instead since I dont use my old laptop and dont want to pay for a new copy of windows 8.

I contacted the Microsoft support which of course was more then happy to help me BUT only if I payed 65 pounds since I was out of the 90 days warranty.

He told me they needed to leverage the Microsoft signing tool to be able to transfer the genuine key to my new computer.

I find that quite silly that I should need to pay another 65 pounds since I already have a copy..

Do you know how to do this license transfer on my own? I tried to search around but im unable to find a clear answer really...

Any suggestions are welcome : )

Thanks!

A:Windows 8 licence transfer from laptop to new PC

How old is the 'old laptop' ? Did it come with Win 8 ?

You need to be aware that PC manufacturers buy the licence from MS very heavily discounted, and to do that, the m/f is required to tie it to the motherboard in one way or another. This means you may not be able to install the same OS copy on another PC at all - be it laptop or desktop. So MS makes another sale.....

To do what you want to do will only be possible in certain circumstances, and if you come back with the details of the source of the old PC, the OS and the installation media you may be able to use, then others more experienced that I will possibly be able to advise.

Yes, it's unpleasant, but has always been that way. There may be hope though http://www.techspot.com/news/55906-documentation-details-low-cost-windows-81-with-bing.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-licence-transfer-from-laptop-to-new-pc.200713/
Relevancy 47.73%

Let me start by saying I goofed My Surface Pro touchscreen was acting strange About of the left side of the screen would occasionally freak out it would show about - touches and swipes in that from top to bottom and then the touch screen revive windows my Can old licence on my I Surface Pro? wouldn't work till I turned the screen off then back on I tried to do a refresh and it told me that there were files missing but I have a windows Can I revive my old windows licence on my Surface Pro? disk and the Surface was upgraded to so that wouldn't work it kept saying the the media was invalid By this time I was frustrated and began a clean install of windows The problem that I have is that this copy Can I revive my old windows licence on my Surface Pro? of windows is in use on my desktop pc so I can't activate windows My question is what can I do now Can Microsoft help me get it back to the original cd key using the serial number I'd like to avoid having to purchase a cd key since I had it before I over wrote it Thank you in advance for your help Also if anyone has a resolution to the touchscreen issue I'd appreciate it

A:Can I revive my old windows licence on my Surface Pro?

The OEM key is embedded in the BIOS, Product Key - Find for Windows 8
What did your Surface come with Core or Pro? And what version did you install? If they match you can activate 8.1 with your 8.0 key. Activate retail Windows 8.1 with Windows 8 Product key.
If it came with Core and you installed Pro your OEM key will not work. You'll have to start over and install 8.1 Core with the generic key.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/56270-can-i-revive-my-old-windows-licence-my-surface-pro.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I bought new HP Pavilion g6-2320tx Notebook PC with preinstalled licenced version windows 8  in 2013. After few day's OS(Windows 8) get corrupted. So I have installed another OS i.e. Windows 7 after coplete PC format(Including recovery drive). Now I realize windows 7 is not working properly with my Notebook. Question : Can I reinstall the previous OS (Windows 8) after complete PC format? How do I get the licence key? Please suggest me any option.       

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-Install-licence-OS-Windows-8-After-format/td-p/5736137
Relevancy 47.73%

Friends for quite a while I'm trying to figure out how to merge licence.key file (which has registry file like icon) in windows 7. In windows XP when I right click on this file it shows merge option but in windows 7 there is no such option! Do u guys know any solution for it ?

A:How to merge licence.key file in Windows 7 ?

i need ans too

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/25840-how-merge-licence-key-file-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Greetings!

I want to clarify some points concerning Enterprise activation:Can be Enterprise activated on multiple PCs using one key?
How can I check Enterprise key validity?
Some private seller offers me Enterprise key which is eligible for installation on 2 PCs. Is that possible and were there such precedents?
How can I be assured in his truthfullness?
Is there some Microsoft service which allows checking key validity (had it been activated already or not)?

A:Windows 7 Enterprise licence policy

ALL Volume Licenses are multiple-install.
For an Enterprise Key to be valid, you MUST purchase it from an authorised reseller - NOT some cheap shyster on eBay!
There is NO such thing as an Enterprise license valid on only 2 machines.
The minimum purchase for an Enterprise license is 5 installs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371088-windows-7-enterprise-licence-policy.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey, I own a Toshiba laptop and recently the hard drive has failed and I can not boot from it at all. I tried to recover my data by using a SATA to USB cable however my data is unreadable. So I replaced the broken hard drive with an SSD. Now that windows is gone is there a way for me to get a Windows 7 ISO and use the same product key or do I need to buy a whole new windows licence.
Cheers, Zac.

A:New hard drive. Do I need a new Windows Licence?

You can reuse the key that is on the COA sticker on the laptop. The hard part uis finding a clean Windows 7 ISO that matches the version you had. See here: How to Clean Reinstall a Factory OEM Windows 7

The first part discusses all the possible ways you can do this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/379009-new-hard-drive-do-i-need-new-windows-licence.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am trying to reinstall xp on a dell laptop lacking a recovery partition and no cd. If i use a cracked version of xp to install and then change back the licence in the registry would that work properly?

A:ReInstall Windows XP Licence Issue

You can request a replacement instalation cd here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reinstall-windows-xp-licence-issue-522338.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I installed Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit, using the Full Version CD.

My main question:
Can I activate this version of windows using an OEM licence (i.e. ) having used a Full Version CD?

My scenario:
I installed and activated Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit, with the Full Version CD and using the Activation Code on the card.
However, the seller sold me a blacklisted Activation Code; I was refunded.
I now have an un-activated version of 8.1 Pro, 64-bit.
Can any other, OEM or Full 8.1 Pro (64-bit), licence be used to activate?

A:Re-Activating Windows 8.1 Pro (full) with an OEM Licence

Yes, with an OEM System Builder or Retail key.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62961-re-activating-windows-8-1-pro-full-oem-licence.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3988 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, -2037 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 693542 MB, Free - 654606 MB; D: Total - 20271 MB, Free - 20173 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 183F
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

I bought a used laptop last week and all seemed ok until yesterday when I booted up !!
A message opened up on the desktop stating that my windows licence will expire soon (Dec 15th) and to click on the tab to take me to PC Settings and to put in my Windows Product Key which I did ( Duh ) and when I did so it said it was wrong and to try another !!
I then thought...why would windows licence expire when it clearly showed it was activated ?
Is this Malware ?

Any help much appreciated

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
so i upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 home, over a year ago.
a few months ago i upgraded my system, new motherboard, so decided to do a clean install of windows 10 - made the bootable USB tool via Microsoft site for windows 10 home, formatted my drive through the setup process and did a clean install.

now all of a sudden its saying the below. What the hell!
Am i going to have to reformat, install windows 7 again, then upgrade through that?
There's got to be another way, surely.

if i click on activate, it does nothing. If i click on change product key and type in my windows 7 key, it says its the wrong key for windows 10 home.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/54990-says-my-windows-licence-will-expire-i-dont-understand-why.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Recently I stopped at my local chapters and found a book about HTML5 and windows application development. I was interested and so I talked to the store clerk and was told that a $100 licence or so is required to develop. My question was if it is still possible to develop applications without the licence(STRICLY DEV no publishing or anything). I just want to be able to develop windows applications without the need of a licence because I wont even be publishing my applications anyways.

Thank you for all the time and help.
- Mewtew

A:Windows 8 App Development Requiring licence

There are two types of Windows applications:

Desktop application, like Photoshop, Blender, GIMP, AutoCad.
Tablet applications like the ones you find in the Microsoft App Store.

For desktop applications there is not fee, you just download something like Visual Studio 2013 and start developing, when you have your app ready you post it on your website and that's it.

I don't have much experience with tablet like applications, but these two links will help you understand when you have to pay those C$100.oo (maybe just C$20.oo).

Submitting your app - Windows app development
Account types, locations, and fees - Windows app development

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/59746-windows-8-app-development-requiring-licence.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of putting together a PC, and need windows 7 pro 64. Having a quick look around I stumbled across this 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-Windows-7-Professional-64bit-SP1-Full-Version-Top-Seller-with-COA-/130937218679?pt=UK_Computing_Software_Software_SR&hash=item1e7c776677

It seems very similar to other listings for "OEM" software which is described as "refurbished".

What I need to know, is this legal, and will it work?

Thanks,
Dean

A:Windows 7 pro 64 licence, too good to be true?

I am really interested to know as well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499490/windows-7-pro-64-licence-too-good-to-be-true/
Relevancy 47.73%

Specifically, I just recently purchased Windows 7 Home Premium and was wondering if it would be possible to install a copy on my big desktop and a copy of my laptop as well. I know this is legal on many software EULA's but I am having trouble deciphering what the Windows one says.

Can someone help me out with this?

A:how many copies of windows may I install with one licence key?

From what I read in the EULA, it's one copy to one device. What you install it on it the 'licensed device', which may be used on up to two proccesors. So if you were to install it to one 'physical hardware system', such as a hard drive, I think it would be ok to access it from two computers, so long as it was one person at a time.
Hope that helps:)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-many-copies-of-windows-may-i-install-with-one-licence-key-449129.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I've had a look at the forum and can't really find an answer to my query.

About 4yrs ago I switched entirely to Linux due to the general instability and speed of my XP systems.

I have one valid XP licence from a Dell laptop now running Ubuntu but daughter No1 has used Windows 7 elsewhere and now wants it on her own homebuilt desktop.

Not being one for conflict I have agreed but here's my question.

Can I use the licence from my Dell laptop with an upgrade edition of Windows 7 on a clean install on the homebuilt desktop which has never had any version of Windows on it.

The Dell laptop runs Ubuntu and always will so I'm using a valid licence just on another machine, it seems an honest thing to do at least in my mind.

Thanks in advance.

A:Ubuntu to Windows 7 With The Old XP Licence Code

As long as the upgrade disc is not an OEM version, you shouldnt have any problem...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/52716-ubuntu-windows-7-old-xp-licence-code.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, I bought my laptop in 2009 and it had Vista Home Premium 32bit installed; it came with Win 7 upgrade special offer (about 14$) and I bought the 32bit upgrade DVD.
Now it's running Windows 7 32bit Home Premium and it's starting to show VERY strange behavior (there's something that blocks processes writing to disk creating a mess with antivirus updates, internet downloads and other programs).

I would like to re-install it from scratch and port it to x64.

What I need to know is what Win7 x64 disk I will need.
Is it ok if a friend gives me his Win7 retail disk, install it and then put the license key that came with the upgrade DVD?
If not, what version should I use? OEM? Upgrade?

Thank you very much!

A:Using current upgrade licence to re-install Windows 7

You want Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit italian version? Borrow it from a friend (even better... make an exact copy)

Then do:

Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/295263-using-current-upgrade-licence-re-install-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am considering purchasing an additional user licence.

Does anyone know what the selling price of just the licence is, without the software?

A:Price of Windows XP Home EU user licence?

Pretty much the same as buying the media itself and getting the key that way... your not going to find much of a discount for not getting media.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/price-of-windows-xp-home-eu-user-licence.796512/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi
I have a windows 7 HP DC 7700 pentium D Desktop PC with a licence for refurbished PC's.
I recently took advantage of the free upgrade to windows 10, and I have now decided that I would like to return to windows 7, but unfortunately I have gone past the 30 day period when I can reverse back to Windows 7.
The computer has an XP sticker with a traditional key, and a Windows 7 sticker with unusual keys.

My windows 7 licence sticker on my computer does not look like a key that I am familiar with, it is as follows;

Windows 7 home premium for refurbished PC?s
OEM Software
XXX-NNNNN
Do not tamper with or remove this label
XNN-NNNNN
NNNNN-NNN-NNN-NNN

I have a Windows 7 install disk, will any of the above keys allow me to activate my machine back to windows 7, they just don't look the same format keys that I am used to.
HELP!
Kind regards
Alan Woodward

A:windows 7 home premium licence for refurbished PC's

Your key is a 25 digit code in groups of 5

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/384894-windows-7-home-premium-licence-refurbished-pcs.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I currently have a Compaq laptop that came with Windows Vista home premium I have upgrading quick windows 7/licence to question about a small quick question about upgrading to windows 7/licence problem as it never came with recovery disks so I made some and lost them I am planning on upgrading to Windows Home premium buy purchasing an upgrade licence online I have a couple of questions if I chose the upgrade option during installation would ALL my setting and files remain the same and unchanged The reason I m asking is because the few times I ve reformatted I ve just used the recovery tool that came with the computer that I made the recovery disks from Since I ve lost the disk I just clicked onthe recovery option and followed instructions to recover it to factory state If I were to purchase Windows and use the upgrade option and I wanted to go back to the compaq factory setting back to Windows Vista home is there anyway to do it as I lost the recovery disks Would the recovery options still be there since I used the upgrade option during Windows upgrade Also last question I ve never downloaded operatings systems online so when I go to purchase windows download from microsoft is it possible to make a disk out of it incase I need to reformat at a later date nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I want to install Windows 7 Ultimate on a second computer, but the licence can only be used on one.

Does anyone know how much it costs to buy additional licences in Australian dollars?

Cheers.

A:Solved: Price of Windows 7 licence in Australia

Why not go straight to the source.
http://www.microsoft.com/australia/windows/default.aspx

If you don't need ultimate on all those computer you can get Home Premium Family pack.
http://www.microsoft.com/australia/windows/buy/family-pack-special.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-price-of-windows-7-licence-in-australia.899647/
Relevancy 47.3%

I had a notebook with local users and a copy of Windows 10 Pro activated. So I decided change the local user into a Microsoft Account to link my license with my MSA.
On the device it's allright, now teh activitaion tab shows "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". But my MSA doesn't list this device in devices list. I have other devices activated that are listed, but not this one.
Anyone know what's happening? Why my device is not listed in MSA?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64315-microsoft-account-not-showing-windows-10-licence.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Well this is my first posting

HI.Windows 7 and using windows media player to play my cd's all of a sudden this box appears when trying to play some of my cd's.Can anyone please help me out here Please.Or is there a good alternative to the WMP.Did try and selected the windows update page no joy there.
Just installed VLC player and those certain audio files wont play with vlc it states that the files in question are ''undf'' format,Never seen that nor had any problem before.

Box Here

A:Windows Media Player licence rquired

Do you have another browser, e.g. Firefox or Chrome, installed and is it set as your default browser?  I have seen reports that some sites that provide DRM licences insist on using IE.  If this is the case try setting IE as your default browser and then playing the cd's again.

'undf' essentially stands for 'undefined' which means that VLC player does not have the right codecs to play the audio files.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518632/windows-media-player-licence-rquired/
Relevancy 47.3%

So I have Windows 10 Pro on my main PC, I got it via the free upgrade as I was previously on Windows 7 Ultimate.

Now I have purchased a SSD so need to re-install Windows 10 how would I go about doing this? or can I not as the free upgrade window has closed?

A:Re-installing Windows 10, Licence/Activation question?

Since you got it for free, your PC is registered with Microsoft under the "Digital Entitlement". All you have to do is install your system but skip the license key. At the end it will be automatically activated..

[edit]
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-10-activation

Change of a HDD should not be an issue with the activation

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63218-re-installing-windows-10-licence-activation-question.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, I buyed a sony laptop from a shopping.

First Question: before it ... can i sure that my sony laptop is new notebook or refurbished laptop ?

Two Question: Windows original in my laptop is Windows 8 ... can i install windows manually? where is licence? ( I saw under laptop beside battery) but not found!

Three Question: Can i use licence windows 8 for upgrade to windows 8.1 ?

Thank you. i hope get info about my question

A:Where is Windows 8 Licence key in Sony Vaio Laptop?

1. If it's been properly refurbished , unless there was some damage / scratches to the case , you can't easily tell..did it come boxed with security seals on it?

2. The licence key is probably built into the BIOS , if it was made for Windows 8 then a lot of these have it encoded directly.

3. if it has Windows 8 installed already , then 8.1 when it's released is an upgrade patch released through the app store.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/31289-where-windows-8-licence-key-sony-vaio-laptop.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey there,
I've been trying to reinstall Windows 8 onto my Dell XPS 8500 while using the original key as my hard drive stopped working. When trying to use the Dell installation media, the Windows installer prompts you for a product key no matter what. I've loaded the BIOS defaults and tried booting the disc from Legacy BIOS mode as well. Any Ideas?ThanksHitik

A:Windows 8 Install - Won't Read OEM Licence Key From BIOS

PC came with Windows 8 ?? and you are using Dell's Windows 8 reinstallation media ??

you can now download windows 8.1 and it will read the windows 8 OEM key > Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64102-windows-8-install-wont-read-oem-licence-key-bios.html
Relevancy 47.3%

i have built my own PC and i've been using different commands to extend my trail but now i'm thinking about buying a genuine licence because i get enough money now to buy myself one so i can get my hands on win 10 so my question is: is it fine to buy a cheap OEM licence from G2A? all i have to do is get the installation files and the key will work fine, right?

A:i have a built PC, is it fine buying OEM windows licence from G2A?

I would be VERY suspicious about any OS software sold through that channel - their prices and delivery method lead me to suspect that they are counterfeit.
Do you have a link to the exact one you're thinking about?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377729-i-have-built-pc-fine-buying-oem-windows-licence-g2a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I bought windows 7 ultimate license on-line for good price. the seller said only phone activation.

however it did activate by phone. i started wondering why only phone activation.

I looked at licence by slmgr it shows retail channel.

is this legitimate copy and can i activate on-line the next time??

why only phone activation?

I updated the KB971033 and still activated.

A:Bought windows 7 used licence, activation only by phone! is it legit?

You can determine this with certainty by calling MS Customer service. This helps because once they verify it you have a permanent record of that for any reinstalls and they'll task Support to get it activated no matter what. Retail can migrate and reinstall as often as you want as long as it's only on one PC at a time. Phone activation sometimes is required if there's doubt about that, with a series of numbers traded to update the hardware ID associated with the key. When they ask how many PC's its installed upon the only correct answer is "One" after which they take that as permission to deactivate it on any other device which hardware ID had been associated with it.

We saw tons of bad eBay licenses, so I'd confirm its validity now in case it loses activation so you can file for PayPal refund or challenge the charge with your bank. It is a crime to sell phony or pirated software keys, and MS will sometimes award you with a free copy if you cooperate into an investigation where you lose money.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/370478-bought-windows-7-used-licence-activation-only-phone-legit.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So I have a very strange issue at hand. I am using Windows 10 and did the free upgrade from Windows 7 a while ago. A week or so ago and up until today I have been getting pop ups that say, "Your Windows License Will Expire Soon. You need to activate Windows in Settings."Fine. So I go into the settings and look for an activation button however I see that it sais Activation: Windows is activated using your organizations activation service. There is nothing else to click so I have no idea what the issue it. Can someone point me in the right direction because if the settings are showing that Windows is activated why do I keep getting these pop ups and what happens if I do not respond to them soon?

A:Your Windows Licence will expire soon?(windows is activated)

This is one of the few fixes I've seen that seems to have worked:https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/...However, I've not tried it personally and can't vouch for it.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/your-windows-licence-will-expire-soonwindows-is-activated/784.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My nephew got a new computer 3-4 months ago with Windows 10. He just got a message that locks him out of using his computer, it is a black screen with the words "Your Windows Licence has Expired, Please get a new one by calling on + 1-888-303-5121". Under the words there is a blank box with an Activate Now button next to it. Is this a legit Windows message, or is it some kind of ransom-ware? What can be done? Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/your-windows-licence-has-expired-1148993.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My nephew got a new computer 3-4 months ago with Windows 10. He just got a message that locks him out of using his computer, it is a black screen with the words "Your Windows Licence has Expired, Please get a new one by calling on + 1-888-303-5121". Under the words there is a blank box with an Activate Now button next to it. Is this a legit Windows message, or is it some kind of ransom-ware? What can be done to fix the problem? Thanks.

A:"Your Windows Licence has Expired"

We recommend that you read this article…
NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help
follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help section of the forum.
(Simply, click on the colored links to be re-directed.)

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware HelpForum; not back here in this one.

When carrying out The Malware Removal Steps, if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help Forum; where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/your-windows-licence-has-expired-1148985.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello everyone I have recently as of yesterday begun to receive this highly annoying and disruptive message Licence Will Windows 10 Expire Soon" Windows "Your I am using a laptop and it has "Your Windows Licence Will Expire Soon" Windows 10 been close to a year since I removed it from the styrofoam This is a legitimate copy of Windows I would never willfully use Windows as illustrated by this problem When I follow the prompt that appears along with "Your Windows Licence Will Expire Soon" Windows 10 quot Your Windows License Will quot Edition Windows Home Activation Windows is activated using your organization's activation service Upgrade your edition of Windows Upgrade to Windows Pro to add There is no indication whatsoever that there is a problem outside of the disruptive messages I am constantly receiving I have looked up the issue but with everyone else it seems to be interrelated to and that does not help me Code L MsgError C C quot The activation server determined the specified product key is invalid quot L MsgError C C quot The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked quot L MsgError C C quot The activation server determined the specified product key has been blocked for this geographic location quot L MsgError C B quot The activation server determined that the computer could not be activated quot L MsgError C C quot The activation server determined that the specified product key could not be used quot L MsgError C C quot The activation server reported that the Multiple Activation Key has exceeded its limit quot L MsgError C C quot The activation server reported that the Multiple Activation Key extension limit has been exceeded quot L MsgError C D quot The maximum allowed number of re-arms has been exceeded You must re-install the OS before trying to re-arm again quot L MsgError C F quot The software Licensing Service reported that the grace period expired quot L MsgError C F F quot The Software Licensing Server reported that the hardware ID binding is beyond level of tolerance quot L MsgError C F quot The Software Licensing Service reported that the product key is not available quot L MsgError C F quot Access denied the requested action requires elevated privileges quot L MsgError C F C quot The software Licensing Service reported that the format for the offline activation data is incorrect quot L MsgError C F quot The software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated with a Volume license product key Volume licensed systems require upgrading from a qualified operating system Please contact your system administrator or use a different type of key quot L MsgError C F quot The software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated The count reported by your Key Management Service KMS is insufficient Please contact your system administrator quot L MsgError C F quot The software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated The Key Management Service KMS is not enabled quot L MsgError C F quot The software Licensing Service determined that the Key Management Server KMS is not activated KMS needs to be activated quot L MsgError C F quot The software Licensing Service determined that the specified Key Management Service KMS cannot be used quot L MsgError C F quot The Software Licensing Service reported that the product key is invalid quot L MsgError C F quot The software Licensing Service reported that the product key is blocked quot L MsgError C F quot The software Licensing Service reported that the non-Genuine grace period expired quot L MsgError C F quot The software Licensing Service reported that the application is running within the valid non-genuine period quot L MsgError C F quot The Software Licensing Service reported that the product SKU is not found quot L MsgError C F B quot The software Licensing Service determined that it is running in a virtual machine The Key Management Service KMS is ... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/69691-your-windows-licence-will-expire-soon-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello,
I've bought a pc with windows installed about a year ago. I didn't receive any cd but the label with the licence key is attached to the pc.
My computer has windows xp media center edition installed and I would rather only have the regular windows xp home version on my pc. Do you know whether it is possible to use the windows xp home cd from another pc with the licence key I have on my pc? Would that work as one is media center and the other one is xp home?
What do you think?
Thanks, Anke

A:licence key

Hello and Welcome to TSF

No you cannot use a Windows Media Center license key when installing XP Home on a system.
You also cannot use the Windows XP Home license key that is installed on your other computer on another computer, 1 system 1 license unless its a retail version where you can transfer the OS from computer to computer but can only be installed on 1 computer at a time. and

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/licence-key-166199.html
Relevancy 39.56%

i am sure this has been covered a million times bu can someone update me as to the polict / process for obtatining a 8.1 licence key for my Lenovo just out of warranty desktop. The hdd failed and i do not have the Lenovo installation media however i do have another oem's media so bios lock i am assuming wont work therfore i need the 8.1 licence key which is not sed anymore by some oem's. Can i get from Lenovo the key for my machine to enable me to reinstall and activate win 8.1 ? thanks 

A:Win 8.1 licence key

just copy this code and paste in notepad and save as productkey.vbsyou will get a file.just open it you can find your keySet WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")MsgBox ConvertToKey(WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId"))Function ConvertToKey(Key)Const KeyOffset = 52i = 28Chars = "BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789"DoCur = 0x = 14DoCur = Cur * 256Cur = Key(x + KeyOffset) + CurKey(x + KeyOffset) = (Cur \ 24) And 255Cur = Cur Mod 24x = x -1Loop While x >= 0i = i -1KeyOutput = Mid(Chars, Cur + 1, 1) & KeyOutputIf (((29 - i) Mod 6) = 0) And (i <> -1) Theni = i -1KeyOutput = "-" & KeyOutputEnd IfLoop While i >= 0ConvertToKey = KeyOutputEnd Function

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Win-8-1-licence-key/td-p/3279777
Relevancy 39.56%

I bought Windows 7 Home Premium 64 for my PC recently & then I realised my girlfriends laptop needs wiping & giving a fresh install, she has Vista on it but has lost the disc that came with the laptop from Dell!

Am i right in thinking I only get the one install with my copy of windows 7? If i'd have known earlier i'd have brought the family pack version. Is there a way I can purchase a new key/licence for the disc or have I got to just buy a completely new disc?

Thanks

A:Licence Key

If her laptop has the Dell System restore ( not all Dells do ) you can use that and you will not need a install CD

http://support.dell.com/support/topi...t?docid=181316

If not, You can get a reinstallation guide specific to your Dell here

You can request a replacement instalation cd here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/licence-key-497579.html
Relevancy 39.56%

hi there
just have a question on xp,i bought xp professional but i want to put it on other machines to set up a dummy lab but its only licensed to one machine which i already installed it to a laptop,i have a few days left to activate it so can anyone tell me if i buy a licence for it on to work on another machine,will i have to re install (loose my stuff) or can i activate it with the key and keep my current set up,also how much does it cost to buy another licence for it to work on other machines ?
thanks
g.

A:xp licence help?

The rule is one license - one machine. Be careful of offers to buy "license only". These are not legit ... You'll need to purchase a complete OEM pack for each machine. Or, contact Microsoft - they may sell you a bulk license.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-licence-help-339022.html
Relevancy 39.56%
Q: Licence

Hi.. I was sent some emails which need to be played with windows media.
But when I go to play them I get this Licence pop up saying that I need to acquire a licence... Can you please tell me what I have to do.. cause nothing happens it just then I get an script error message..
It says that active x will appear and to click install but nothing appears..
Can some one tell me what has to be done...
Thanks
Maj

A:Licence

That would depend on what specific media files you received, and what license applies to them. Can you be more specific?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/licence.421257/
Relevancy 39.56%
Q: licence

I am getting this error message on my 6 month old laptop and cannot move beyond it no matter what I try - I clearly have a licence!:
"Can't find licence repair attempt unsuccessful will ow exit
"

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f017281b-f8c3-4fff-9e7c-a9dc14deab24/licence?forum=w8itproappcompat
Relevancy 39.56%
Q: licence

I have a copy of vista home premium that I want to put on another computer anyone know if
I can buy another licence without having to buy another copy.

A:licence

You should be able to. Just contact Microsoft.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/licence.681691/
Relevancy 39.56%

ok my husband licence key bought me a compaq Perserio laptop bit in after telling him many times the grandchildren were going to crash it with all the games sites they go to amp to be told I worry to much my grandson crased my laptop by pulling the battery out while it was updating well a friend has a wimdows disk he took my computer to reinstall windows only to find the licence key had been rubbed off on bottom to where it is licence key unreadable go figure its it is going on yrs old my question is is ther anyway around the licence key I can t find any of the paper work on it SURPRISE not the friend still has my laptop any ideals friends I admit I am at a loss HELP I am on a Toshiba windows XP can not get on Facebook or my bank site this laptop is slow but thankful I have it as a back up nbsp

A:licence key

Providing your friend hasn't formatted the disk, you can find the licence key off there.
Even if he has formatted it, someone with disk recovery skills may still be able to get at it. In order for this to work, you must NOT even try to install anything to that machine and you must stop using it till the key is recovered.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/licence-key.1141053/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello all sorry if this query is in the wrong section but the current issue is on a laptop from windows updated to windows Im in the process of factory resetting a laptop that had windows originally was then updated to windows Due to the old spec hardware windows doesn't work productively so i wanted to reset back to what the laptop originally came with windows My approach was to get a clean version of windows and use the original licence key to re activate the win Old Licence Key Ive used both Belarc advisor and hiren boot cd and although i have retrieved a licence key it states it is windows On the bottom of the laptop the original licence key has worn away Is their any way before i factory reset or retrieving the original win key or would it have been lost replaced since win was updated Dont want to be stuck in limbo were win is back on and cant licence it Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/old-licence-key-1106553.html
Relevancy 39.56%
Q: Licence

Hello

I want to install windows 8 RTM on my pc. And after the release of windows 8 I just want to change the key to the (original/final) without new installation of the OS.

Is it possible??? Or do I have to install the OS again?

A:Licence

Hello Dimi, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Windows 8 RTM (Release To Market) is the final release version, so there wouldn't be a need to change the product key number unless you just wanted to.

Product Key Number - Change in Windows 8
Did you mean that you currently have another version than RTM?

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/8943-licence.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I am a beginner and have XP pro at my office. I will be working from home on some days and would like to install XP Pro on my home computer. Am I in breach of licence if I do this or can I just install it and enter the code and register without any problem? I own my own business, so this is my OS.

A:XP Pro licence

You need to check with your System Administrator at work to see what type of licensing agreement they have with Microsoft. It varies depending on the size of the company and type of license purchased.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-licence.538842/
Relevancy 39.56%

i have a new laptop, its got w7 pro 32bit installed

i'm upgrading the storage to a SSD and i want to install w7 pro 64 bit

do i have to pay out for a brand new retail version or do Microsoft offer an oem upgrade?

cheers

Ben

A:32 to 64 bit licence

You just need the media. Going back to Vista's release 5+ years ago, the keys work on either platform. You don't need to pay for anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/162172-32-64-bit-licence.html
Relevancy 39.56%

How do I check my license key to see if it is correct? Also my Outlook Express mailService does not work. Can you help me with these problems?

A:Licence Key

Welcome to TSG....

This program will verify whether or not Windows XP Home/Pro is legal or not Legal. Please use Internet Explorer for checking for this?
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/ww/windows/default.mspx

On the outlook express we would have to have any error messages that you are getting posted if you could please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/licence-key.568978/
Relevancy 39.13%

The purchae of an OEM licence for Windows XP Pro needs to be accompanied with a "nonperipheral computer hardware component".

I presume this can include buying the hard drive on which I am going to install the OS?

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi,

To date we have been using the Dell OEM key on our images. Now I want to be able to sysprep them. We have just gotten our VLK from Microsoft, is there any way to change the Product ID so I can use this volume licence key, at the moment when I sysprep the image and enter the VLK it comes up Licence Key is invalid (but its not invalid if I do a fresh install)

Is there a way around this problem or do I have to start the images from scratch??

Thanks

A:XP Volume Licence Key

Did you get a new XP install disk from MS for the VLK?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-volume-licence-key-111355.html
Relevancy 39.13%

hello i bought my laptop with pre installed microsoft office, how do i recover the license, since i updated to windows 10 and i have to reinstall office. thank you

A:Office Licence

Was it Office 365? If so just log in to the Office 365 site with your microsoft account and it will allow you to reinstall. Upgrade to Windows 10 should have kept Office intact. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Office-Licence/td-p/5600409
Relevancy 39.13%

guys i need your help to register regclean pro

Relevancy 39.13%

hello guys. new here and good to be a member. as the title suggests my friend has just installed a win7 oem licence on his ageing pc.(did a clean install from xp) problem is the pc has just packed up and is no longer usable. i can build a selfbuild for him but is there any legal way i could transfer the oem licence he has just purchased for this new build? he bought the oem disc off ebay just a couple of months ago so it seems a shame that he needs to buy a brand new licence. any help would be appreciated. thanks

A:oem licence on on dead pc

if the OEM licence was activated on the old hardware it technically "died" with the old hardware, If you are retaining some of the working old hardware then you may be able to call Microsoft and get the Key re-instated.

It's a lot less likely that the same outcome would be applied to a completely new build, but you could give them a call and give it a try,

Microsoft are not always the Money grabbers that they are often painted as so they often help out genuine users with a problem like this, but of course this is not guaranteed

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397580-oem-licence-dead-pc.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP, does this make me free to use OEM version of Windows XP Home Edition as virtual machine for my needs? This copy of Windows was installed on computer that does not exist anymore.

A:licence question

End of support does not mean that there is no license or no activation.  You can install XP in a virtual machine but after 30 days you would have to activate it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606092/licence-question/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi, I am new and would really like some help. I tried to download a newer version of windows media player.
It all went well, but when i restarted my computer, it came up with an error saying something like "Windows has a problem with your licence and cannot continue" and then shutdown.
The only way i can get into the computer is through "safe mode", but from there i am stuck as to how to fix the problem. I tried uninstalling the media player that i had downloaded. It reverted back to the previous version that was installed. That didnt work, so now i am stumped. I am not very good with computers so could you please help me!!!
thanks.

Rutz

A:Licence Trouble - Help Me Please!

Where did you download WMP from? also what version where you upgrading from and what version were you upgrading to?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101228/licence-trouble-help-me-please/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi all, just got a new PC that has Win 8.1 installed on it. I already had an 8 Pro key which I purchased myself. Can I change the key on the new PC to use the Pro edition then use the standard 8.1 key to install a VM or will that key be locked to this machine?

A:Licence Key Question

Hello Rendez2k, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Since the Windows 8.1 is an OEM copy that came preinstalled, the key will be permanently tied to the motherboard. You won't be able to activate with it on any other PC or VM.

If the Windows 8 Pro is a retail copy, then you could install and activate it on the new PC or VM if you like though.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/59819-licence-key-question.html
Relevancy 39.13%

So, my friend recently acquired a MSI A6200 laptop with a Core i3 and 4GB of RAM. Also, it's second hand. It came with Windows 7 HP x86 installed and has an original Windows sticker with a product code.

Can I use this code to format and install Windows 7 HP x64 or it's locked to x86?

Thanks in advance!

A:OEM Licence Question

You can use it for both I believe as that's what we did to my tower

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/242473-oem-licence-question.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi all

More trouble with windows 8.1, Mail ,People & Calander now no longer work when selected tells me to go to the store which then informs me that the developer licence needs renewing.

As a serious techno void person I haven't the faintest clue as to do this any help in a basic way would be much appreciated

Cheers

Redrowsufferer

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/66571-developer-licence.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey, i fixed the problem with my xp...sorry i forgot to post that on the thread. Anyways i was wondering if it is possible to download vista in premium without a licence. I have a legal licence just so you know. Thanks

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi, I have purchased vt transaction + and have loaded it onto the two pcs I work from. I would like to put it on a third pc, would this work with the same account number and key and does the company (vt) know when you do this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vt-licence-query.975153/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi Not sure if this is the correct forum for this so mods please move it if it isnt I have been fixing the pc s of friends and family for years now Licence U.K? to hardware fix in more Licence to fix hardware in U.K? than often with the help of this wonderfull site I have been fixing my own Licence to fix hardware in U.K? pc problems since there have been pc s I have only twice come across a problem I couldnt fix myself but I have no formal qualifications and I am in the middle of a course that prohibits me from getting formal qualifications for a year or two not including the length of the course To make a bit of extra cash I was going to advertise in the local area and fix pc s for a reasonable price However I am wondering about the legality of such actions Can I repair peoples pc s without insurance Do I need some sort of qualification or licence to get insured Any insight would be very helpful Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

I have Windows XP at home, which I paid for.

My mother is having extensive and repeated difficulties with Windows Vista.

So I says, Screw This. I can't offer tech support on an operating system that is drooling all over the lap of my pants. I am going to install the XP that is at my home, on your computer.

The question I have for you is: If I have the same XP installed on two seperate computers, will the WinLogon and the Genuine Advantage Validation tools notice this serial duplication and raise a flag?

This would be my only concern, similar to cracking programs with auto-update features could get you blacklisted. However, I have paid for this copy of XP.
Any relevant input would be appreciated.

~Scarlet~

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi All,

I would like to start selling my builds and was wondering about licence stickers, do they come with the OEM versions?

Thanks,
Rob

A:Licence Stickers?

Hmmm, I don't ever recall seeing any. But I do have the COA's that come with the Windows disc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/150325-licence-stickers.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi All

I have an MSi laptop that came pre-installed with W7 that I hardly use now and am looking to use just for streaming sport, although might not even be using it for that for much longer as considering getting a Raspberry Pi or a standalone XBMC for that. Anyway I digress! I also have an old Lenovo X61 with Vista OEM.

Can I uninstall W7 from the MSi and use another free OS and then use that licence to install W7 on the Lenovo?

Any advice gratefully received

A:Can I transfer OEM Licence?

Not legally; the OEM license is tied to the MSI. A retail license would avoid that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/354300-can-i-transfer-oem-licence.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi,
I want to distribute IE8 setup with my product. Do I need to buy any licence for it. It will be used intranet thats why I can't give a link to microsoft site.

Any suggestion.

Thanks
Muthu

A:IE Distribution licence

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Windows has IE built into the OS. Sorry I dont quite see why you need the setup for it?

In the EULA it mentions Unauthorized reproduction or distribution is illegal

Thanks..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-distribution-licence-578260.html
Relevancy 39.13%

with the practice of selling PC/laptops with recover CD's no CD's etc etc - I was wondering

1) Say I have 3 laptops all running XP home all with the licence number on the bottom TAG - lets say all different makes - so ACER, Toshiba, HP

2) Now I happen to have 1 copy of the software XP home full edition - but since the software never belongs to anyone and its only the use of the software that you need the licence for what would stop me re-installing XP Home onto all my three laptops and using the licence key on the label of each machine when asked for a licence.
so i am using the rights to use auth key mumber that came with the PC.

3) Its like a record you only pay to listen to - so it does not matter whos album you borrow as you have the license to listen to the music

Relevancy 39.13%

Ok, so I have a retail copy of Windows 7 Home Premium, and I installed the 64-bit version on my main computer, and the 32-bit version on my other, however, I had to use the registry workaround to activate it on both of them. My question is, would I be able to install and activate on a third computer (probably the 64-bit)using the registry workaround? I don't care if it "violates" the EULA, as long as it passes the genuine test I don't care.

I will be using all three of these computers for personal use and I don't intend on selling any of them.

A:Vista to 7, but with an already used licence

I don't think you'll get any help with that here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/86018-vista-7-but-already-used-licence.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Im wanting to purchase a licenced software cd and it says:

Ghost 8.0 Corp Edition, CD/Media Kit, for License
RETAIL Manufacturer Part: 10139342

Never noticed the cd/media kit, for licence... when purchasing software before...

i figured developers/admins would know this one right away... thanks

Relevancy 39.13%

My brother has recently bought a custom built machine that came with xp prof pre installed, once hes hooked up to the web he needs to register his copy. Just a couple of questions...

1. what happens if he doesnt register hi pre installed copy of windows?

2. If he registers, could i install xp using the disc that came with his computer (im currently still on 98), what issues are there about the licenses on 2 different machines.

3. If he doesnt register am i then free to use the xp cd.
what im basically trying to say is can we both use his version of xp with the one cd?
Thanks

Relevancy 39.13%

This is more a question related to XP corporate then anything else.I was wondering if corporate licensing permited you to install it on a computer to wich a person purchased XP starter edtion. Is it legal to install corporate edition as long aas the end home user has a valid starter edition product key?

A:Corporate Licence

a corporate version will only install with the corporate key
it's only leagal to install it if you have purchased that version the minimum purchase is 5 licenses which makes it to expensive for home use
thread closed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/corporate-licence-191192.html