Windows Support Forum

Computer won't detect USB mouse/keyboard

Q: Computer won't detect USB mouse/keyboard

Hello I have an IBM ThinkCentre MT-M It runs on Windows XP I recently bought a new USB keyboard and mouse to replace PS keyboard and mouse The keyboard is an iCan multimedia keyboard and the mouse is a Logitech M Both are wired When I plug them in the computer will not detect either one -- not in BIOS and not once the OS has loaded There mouse/keyboard USB Computer detect won't is no recognition whatsoever I ve been reading up on forums which say to turn on the USB keyboard options in BIOS Using the old PS keyboard which still works I went into BIOS but there s nothing there The closest thing I can find is Devices -- gt USB setup which only has quot USB Support quot quot Front USB Ports quot and quot Computer won't detect USB mouse/keyboard USB Device Support quot All are enabled The only thing that says quot keyboard quot by name in BIOS is under Startup with the options quot Keyboard Numlock State quot on and quot Keyboard Speed quot fast I know the USB ports are working because they detect a USB flash drive it s only the keyboard and mouse that will not be detected I appreciate any help -- I m out of ideas and I ve been working on this for hours Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer won't detect USB mouse/keyboard

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer won't detect USB mouse/keyboard

Also...

I should also mention that I tested the mouse and keyboard on another computer and they worked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-detect-usb-mouse-keyboard.169897/
Relevancy 83.85%

Im trying to get my mouse and keyboard to work on my USB ports but windows isn't detecting my mouse or keyboard. The keyboard works duing DOS I can go into the BIOS and move around int here but after windows loads it doesn't work. And the mouse if I use it as USB doesn't work. Do you guys know what I need to do? I tried going 2 microsofts site but I'm not understanding it.

Here are my specs:
SiS k7s5a mobo w/ amd athlon 4 1.3ghz
logitech internet navigator keyboard, microsoft Wheel mouse optical
thanks for any help.

Relevancy 71.38%

my pc won't detect my usb keyboard or mouse, it was working yesterday. Yet when I go into bios my keyboard works don't know how.

Relevancy 71.38%

So I recently upgraded to Windows but had to revert back to Windows because it doesn't seem to be mouse 7 or won't Windows keyboard detect compatible with my router just going to wait for drivers That said once I began the revert process I decided to get my old computer out Windows 7 won't detect mouse or keyboard to use while I waited I then unplugged my mouse and keyboard to use on my old PC as I didn't have any spare However once the revert to Windows had finished I plugged my mouse and keyboard back in Windows 7 won't detect mouse or keyboard and Windows was unable to detect them I understand the problem I should have kept them both plugged in so Windows Windows 7 won't detect mouse or keyboard could detect them and install drivers properly However I think I've tried almost everything I've tried unplugging and plugging them back in and out I've tried other USB ports I tried repairing and reinstalling Windows via the disc but I can't do anything because the install process won't detect my keyboard fml and I even went to the extreme of trying to wipe my entire hard drive with Dban but for some odd reason that wouldn't work too Any help with this matter would be most appreciated Edit I can use my mouse and keyboard in my BIOs no problem it's just that when Windows boots up they fail to work Furthermore my motherboard is the Gigabyte B M-D H just in case my issue involves going into my BIOS and you need to know the model

A:Windows 7 won't detect mouse or keyboard

System can't detect them,but they both work in BIOS, sounds interesting. I think,you should test them in safe mode,if mouse and keyboard works in safe mode,then br sure,your hardware and drivers have no issues.
Just let me know if they work in safe mode,good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/378032-windows-7-wont-detect-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 71.38%

It is 2K mouse Windows / Pro No detect. - keyboard a Dell Latitude Cpi notebook computer with a docking station It has Windows Professional on it It has a Synaptics touch pad on it While it was in the docing station I installed IntelliPoint becuase when it s docked I use an IntelliPoint mouse When I rebooted my touch pad was inoperative I then tried to uninstall IntelliPoint My touchpad Windows 2K Pro - No keyboard / mouse detect. worked but the custom software with it didn t I then uninstalled my touchpad thinking that Windows would detect it and re-install it for me when I rebooted BUT WHEN I REBOOTED WINDOWS DOESN T DETECT A KEYBOARD OR A MOUSE WHETHER THE COMPUTER IS DOCKED OR NOT What happened I can t even log on becuase Windows doesn t recognize the quot CTRL ALT DEL quot to log on Before startup when it says quot Press F for advance options quot it WILL recognize the keyboard then and I tried booting into SafeMode Last Known Good Config other stuff but as soon as Windows loads it acts like there is no keyborard or mouse THE MOUSE POINTER DOESN T EVEN SHOW UP ON THE SCREEN I CAN T EVEN MAKE THE COMPUTER TURN ON CAPS NUM OR SCROLL LOCK THE LIGHTS DON T COME ON WHEN I PRESS THEM WELL IT WILL BEFORE WINDOWS LOADS BUT NOT AFTER THE GUI COMES UP WHAT S WRONG nbsp

A:Windows 2K Pro - No keyboard / mouse detect.

Run a repair installation. Let it detect your original settings. Of course if it repairs everything and you have not updated the repair since loading programs, all programs will have to be reinstalled. This should get your Touchpad working again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2k-pro-no-keyboard-mouse-detect.69280/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have an extremely frustrating problem My -bit Win Pro SP system keeps running fine for hours as long as I'm frequently interacting with it But when I start a disk-intensive application that needs to run for - hours when the task is about complete fix there and detect to tool it? freeze Is any mouse/keyboard the system usually hangs freezes i e the mouse Is there any tool to detect mouse/keyboard freeze and fix it? and keyboard do not respond I assure you I have followed several people's advice and have reduced the number of installed apps and drivers have run extensive CPU amp RAM diagnostics re-seated boards run multiple anti-malware tools registry checkers temperature monitors etc etc etc -- but the problem never goes away What I'm looking for and I realize I'm asking for a lot is a utility that monitors the OS -- apps services drivers etc -- and can detect when a freeze hang is about to happen and then takes whatever actions that are possible The idea is that it might either prevent the freeze or reset the keyboard mouse drivers or do SOMETHING that would allow me to access a process manager such as Process Hacker or the like That way at least I have a fighting chance to correct the problem without rebooting and starting all over again BTW Resplendence Software provides a freeware goodie named quot AntiFreeze quot but even assuming it works under Win there's contradictory info so I've asked for a clarification it the keyboard is inactive or ignored it does no good at all Does anyone know of anything like that Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/381473-there-any-tool-detect-mouse-keyboard-freeze-fix.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Dear All, I just buy new one HP desktop - HP ProDesk 400 G3 MT. But when I install windows 7, usb mouse and keyboard not working so that I could not install windows 7. I try install windows 8.1 pro, working very well. I don't know why HP ProDesk G2 install windows 7 ok but G3 can not. How can I install windows 7 on G3? Please help me in this case. Thanks and best regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-ProDesk-400-G3-MT-doesn-t-detect-USB-mouse-and-keyboard/td-p/5681665
Relevancy 70.52%

Sirs, Madam. Could yo help me, im a beginner and i only know how to play games. i got an extra memory stick for my computer. i took it all apart to clean and inserted the memory stick. when i tried to turn it on again the keyboard monitor and the mouse wont start. i thought i mad mistakes on the wires and tried it back form the start, i made sure it was all in place and intact. but to no avail my pc still cant detect any. i read articles about it and i thought that the stick shorted out my mother board so i took an extra mother board and tried again. i may be in bad luck coz the three still doesnt work. could you help me guys. i would appreciate it alot. thank you so much. God Bless to all

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-turns-on-but-cant-detect-the-keyboard-mouse-and-monitor.1051057/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi everyone, I got a new mobo and cpu yesterday and after installing all the parts I put my old hdd in, after the pc boots I got an error; no hard disk detected. i know the hdd is fine because i put it back in my old build and it booted fine, i know when installing a new mobo you should format which ive been trying to do but when i reach the window where you choose the language theres no mouse or keyboard working, and i know the mouse and keyboard is fine because i used both in the boot menu. my current specs are p8z68-v asus intel i5 2500k nvidia 560ti asus corsair 850watts 8gb ram 500gb hdd ps; sorry for poor grammar and spelling mistakes but was forced to write this on my phone. Also, i looked in my bios and it clearly names both my hdd and blu ray drive.

A:New mobo doesn't detect HDD, no mouse or keyboard control in Windows setup

First, try the basics. Take out the 560 and just install the RAM, CPU, HDD and PSU and see if you can get to BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-doesnt-detect-hdd-no-mouse-or-keyboard-control-in-windows-setup.178133/
Relevancy 68.37%

I bought a motherboard recently,but it canot detect mouse and keyboard!!

Who can help me on this ?

A:Solved: I bought a motherboard recently,but it canot detect mouse and keyboard!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-bought-a-motherboard-recently-but-it-canot-detect-mouse-and-keyboard.1132001/
Relevancy 64.07%

It all started when I foolishly deleted detect cannot Computer mouse! old unused junk files with system mechanic Apparently some of the files I Computer cannot detect mouse! deleted were definetly needed After having to reinstall windows using my start up disk my system has not been able to detect my ps mouse My mouse has a Computer cannot detect mouse! -pin DIN connector that is plugged into an adapter to fit into my -pin serial port I m not sure is this serial port is USB or not Meanwhile I have activated the accessibility tool that uses my keyboard keys as the mouse My system is Computer cannot detect mouse! as follows I m hoping to update soon Microsoft Windows GenuineIntel Pentium r Processor Intel MMX TM Technology MB RAM Windows-managed swap file on drive C MB free Available space on drive C MB of MB FAT I dont know alot about computers so I hope this is enough information If not please let me know what other information you need and how I go about retrieving such information for you Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I'm trying to put together a system but when i boot my computer can't detect the keyboard. i have tested keyboards that work on a different computer but the results are the same. the only way i can connect the keyboard to the computer , is thru a usb port. i have read that sometimes the jumpers have to be reset in order to enable the usb ports.
can somebody tell me how the jumpers are reset, how do they look and how are they manipulated.
what precautions do i need to take in order to reset them.
thank you for your help

A:My computer can't detect the keyboard

Just tell us what motherboard you have! Or, RTFM!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-cant-detect-the-keyboard.116351/
Relevancy 63.21%

computer does not detect any ps2 or usb keyboard.

New fresh installation of WinXP Pro on Sata Harddrive. On reboot, computer does not detect any keyboard and now I cannot enter BIOS without hitting the key F1. It only reboots and goes to give me a message

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt
system32\ntoskrnl.exe

Without the keyboard being detected, I cannot enter bios nor do anything.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 56.33%

I own a Dell Dimension 8400 system. I recently tried to download the Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility for the chipset from the Dell support website. As the installation of the software was completing, the computer froze and I turned it off. Now, when I reboot, the mouse and the keyboard aren't recognized after the OS loads. The mouse and keyboard do work before Windows XP loads. How do I fix this problem? Please help!

Relevancy 56.33%

on start on second computer windows xp starts ok with blue screen and all icons, however pionter will not move using the mouse or keyboard, on "safe start" the keyboard works OK, the mouse does not, both devices OK on other computer, i cannot access any icon or "start", "run" etc.

A:mouse,keyboard do not work, ok on other computer.

Are the mouse and keyboard USB devices? If so, have you tried using different USB ports?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-keyboard-do-not-work-ok-on-other-computer.1039345/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello I think my computer has a mouse keyboard virus here are my logs I am pretty sure it is a virus malware since I unplugged my mouse along with my keyboard to see if it was a hardware issue but while everything was unplugged it was still acting of its own accord my mouse would start clicking on random things highlighting them my keyboard started typing random characters on the internet and messing with my own typing I have ran scans with each of my protection programs and they came back clean I know something is up with computer mouse/keyboard has virus My a my rig I am just not sure what DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet My computer has a mouse/keyboard virus Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV Emsisoft Anti-Malware Enabled Updated DEEF-CC - F - -F A F A DA SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Emsisoft Anti-Malware Enabled Updated E F B-EA E- F - B -CAD F Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files x Emsisoft Anti-Malware a service exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Verizon IHA MessageCenter Bin Verizon IHAMessageCenter exe C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe C Windows system IProsetMonitor exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XBoxStat exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERANTISPYWARE EXE C Program Files x Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi MB Sound Blaster Panel VolPanlu exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Emsisoft Anti-Malware a guard exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center ipoint exe C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center itype exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Program Files x Samsung Magician Samsung Magician exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe uRun SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe mRun THX Audio Control Panel C Program Files x Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi MB THX... Read more

A:My computer has a mouse/keyboard virus

Not trying to bump my topic or anything but I ran a new DDS scan because I forgot I uninstalled some programs these are my new logs.
DDS.Txt
DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01) - NTFS_AMD64
Internet Explorer: 11.0.9600.16428 BrowserJavaVersion: 10.51.2
Run by Owner at 15:02:19 on 2014-02-08
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.16344.14121 [GMT -5:00]
AV: Microsoft Security Essentials *Enabled/Updated* {641105E6-77ED-3F35-A304-765193BCB75F}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
SP: Microsoft Security Essentials *Enabled/Updated* {DF70E402-51D7-30BB-99B4-4D23E83BFDE2}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\MsMpEng.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Shared Files\CTAudSvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k GPSvcGroup
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display\nvxdsync.exe
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCORE64.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Verizon\IHA_MessageCenter\Bin\Verizon_IHAMessageCenter.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\HeciServer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\IProsetMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\DAL\jhi_service.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PnkBstrA.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\NisSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories\XBoxStat.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Sound Blaster X-Fi MB 2\Sound Blaster Panel\VolPanlu.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver\Application\iusb3mon.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center\ipoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center\itype.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServicePeerNet
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\LMS\LMS.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\UNS\UNS.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIcon.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\MpCmdRun.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Windows\System32\cscript.exe
============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============
mWinlogon: Userinit = userinit.exe,
uRun: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
mRun: [THX Audio Control Panel] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Soun... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523326/my-computer-has-a-mousekeyboard-virus/
Relevancy 56.33%

hey guys im back still trying to get my mosue to work and i feel im almost there the only problem is now when i plug in my mouse my computer shows it as a keyboard i have tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling drivers thats about it also it works fine as a mouse when i plug it into my wifes laptop whats going on here? any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-thinks-mouse-is-a-keyboard.984091/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have an interesting dilemma with a client that has me stumped. Hope someone has some ideas for me. She dropped off a Dell Inspiron desktop, about five years old, for cleaning, etc. No keyboard, mouse or monitor! I plugged in a monitor from another computer--works fine. We scared up a USB mouse (Logitech) and three different keyboards. The USB keyboard plugs in, but there appears to be something wrong with the connection for the old-fashioned round-plug keyboards--cannot get them to plug into the port. I suspect bent prongs. Anyway . . . the computer will not recognize the peripherals, and because I have no keyboard or mouse, I cannot load drivers for them, or get past the user account page at all! No setup or CD screen, because I have no functioning keyboard or mouse. I thought the "plug and play" feature would automatically recognize them, but no luck.

Help!

Relevancy 56.33%

I don't know if this is the right place to post but..

My computer freezes/hangs, preventing me from using the mouse or keyboard and speakers stop playing - if i'm listening to music - all until i restart the computer by pushing the button on it.

ctrl alt del doesn't work, because my keyboard won't work obviously..

any ideas as to what the cause might be or what i might be able to try at the point it hangs so that i dont have to restart the computer every time it happens [a few times a day]? i had my computer reformatted, problem still happening after reformat.

Thanks.

A:Computer hangs - no mouse/keyboard use

Have you installed any softwares recently? When does the freezing problem happen? Try updating the computer part drivers such as chipset drivers, video-card drivers, soundcard drivers, etc.etc. Hope this will help you out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-hangs-no-mouse-keyboard-use-335927.html
Relevancy 56.33%

OK I've searched high and low and seen lots and lots of posts for this computer can different) one wake Mouse not and (this Keyboard is issue but none of them have the same issue I seem to be having and none of the resolutions that have worked for others have helped me resolve this I have two Zotac ZBox CI Nano PCs both running Windows HP both with the same problem when I try to wake up the machine display I get quot HDMI NO SIGNAL quot Integrated graphics is Intel HD Graphics Monitor is connected via HDMI Everything is fine until the system goes to sleep at which point it will not wake up with the mouse or keyboard In Device Manager if I view by connection and open the properties for the Generic USB Hub that the HID Keyboard Device and HID-compliant mouse are connected to in the Power Management tab the quot Allow this Mouse and Keyboard can not wake computer (this one is different) device to wake the computer quot check box is grayed out I should note that I enabled the built-in Administrator account and am logged in using that account for everything In a command shell POWERCFG -a returns The following sleep states are available on this system Standby S Hibernate Hybrid Sleep The following sleep states are not available on this system Standby S The system firmware does not support this standby state Standby S The system firmware does not support this standby state POWERCFG -LASTWAKE returns Wake History Count - POWERCFG -DEVICEQUERY wake programmable returns Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Intel R Dual Band Wireless-AC POWERCFG -DEVICEQUERY wake from S supported returns Intel R Dual Band Wireless-AC Intel R Atom TM Celeron R Pentium R Processor EHCI USB - F UMBus Enumerator Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Intel R USB Root Hub Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Of the above list only the Realtek NIC and Intel Wireless NIC have the quot Allow this device to wake quot checkbox enabled If I could actually get the Intel USB Root Hub to quot Allow this device to wake quot I could plug the keyboard and mouse into the USB ports - but when I try POWERCFG -DEVICEENABLEWAKE quot Intel R USB Root Hub quot it returns You do not have permission to enable or disable device wake I found the registry settings for the quot Generic USB Hub quot to which the keyboard and mouse are attached On my system they are at HKLM SYSTEM ControlSet Enum USB VID amp PID E amp amp amp There's a REG DWORD named Capabilities with a value of x Can I edit this to give it the ability to wake the system If so what's the appropriate value I don't see anything else in the registry that looks helpful but I did see an article for Windows that said to create a DWORD value quot EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled quot with a value of in the Device Parameters subkey Tried that - it did nothing I've also seen it suggested to edit values within the quot Properties quot subkey but I can't open that subkey or change its permissions or even take ownership - and it doesn't show up in the reg file when I export ---------------------------------------------------------- BIOS on these machines is extremely basic The only power settings are Enable ACPI auto configuration Disabled Enable Hibernation Disabled - system drive is an SSD ACPI Sleep State S Suspend to RAM Lock Legacy Resources Disabled Deep Sleep S support Disabled I've tried changing most of the above settings but nothing seemed to change I've been working on this for four solid days with a lot of lost sleep I'm very frustrated and would greatly appreciate some help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4dabf311-df2a-4440-b760-6f6f66d99e26/mouse-and-keyboard-can-not-wake-computer-this-one-is-different?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a PS/2 keyboard and mouse that I would like to use on my USB computer. A simple adapter from PS/2 to USB won't work. What do I need to convert the format, an active adapter or something else perhaps?

Thank you.

Relevancy 56.33%

Ok, well I recently acquired an older pc and when I plugged the mouse and keyboard into back, and booted up the pc it does not recognize either one of them. The computer goes through it's boot sequence but then brings up a window after the window 98 loading screen, saying if I want to plug in a mouse or a keyboard, I need to start the computer over again. If you guys need any of the computers specs. I can only give you a limited amount as I can't get the computer to boot up fully because getting past that window prompt would require hitting enter on the computer

Relevancy 56.33%

Have a dell computer that asking me to hint F1 or F2, however, the use keyboard is not recognize in dos mode. I readed a lot of forums, it seems like I might have to buy a new motherboard. For a month I been trying everything; nothing is working for me. However. I can across this site, and found this part " Syba PCI 32-bit High Speed USB 2.0 2x Ports and 2x PS2 Port Combo Card ". I would like to know if this part would help me out?

Thanks!

www.techsunny.com/Syba_PCI_32-bit_High_Speed_USB/SD-NECPS-2U2PS2/partinfo-id-3226074.html

A:USB keyboard and mouse-Dell Computer

Do you have PS/2 ports on your computer already? If so, all you may need is a very inexpensive PS/2 keyboard. I'd go to some mom/pop store and get the cheapest one available (or just borrow one). Be aware that some boards do not enable the PCI bus until after the system boots past the CMOS setup.

When you are able to get into the BIOS, enable legacy USB support.

Courtney

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-keyboard-and-mouse-dell-computer.747896/
Relevancy 55.47%

Ok i have just recieved my computer back from PC World (UK) after the computer kept restarting, every component is brand new and when i go on to the computer after attaching the USB Mouse and Keyboard they wont do anything i cant type or use the keyboard to go up and down and i cant use the mouse to move around or click other than that the computer is spot on. Cant use the Keyboard or Mouse. Any Suggestions?

Thank You.

btw im using a falling apart laptop which is too dodgy to handle, hooked up to my screen whilst using the keyboard and mouse to navigate not the laptop keys or mouse lol.

Thank You.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-wont-install-usb-mouse-or-keyboard-445712.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there , when i playing games like dota sometimes my computer beeps once and cause my keyboard and mouse to stuck so im forced to restart my comp . Sometimes once beep then stuck keyboard and mouse but after a few seconds the keyboard and mouse will work again without restarting my comp . Any idea ?

Relevancy 55.47%

I have an eMachine ET1641 series running Windows Vista. I don't know anything else since this is a friend's computer. The mobo fan psu fan dvd and hard drive are running. I get a quick flash of green on the keyboard but nothing else. I changed the cmos battery and I powered off, unplugged and pressed the power button to drain power and turned back on. Still no monitor, keyboard or mouse. HELP!

A:Computer running but no monitor, no keyboard, no mouse

check this out
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic95391.html

there is a big old no post guide somewhere on this forum but im to sleepy to find it right now, maybe someone else can link it or I will tomorrow

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-running-but-no-monitor-no-keyboard-no-mouse.156121/
Relevancy 55.47%

Basically what happens is when I load up my PC my headphones my keyboard and my mouse all light up like they should all of the things I have plugged in in the USB port adapter all lit up at their plug-in area but the monitor gets no signal and won't leave the sleep state

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/My-computer-boots-my-headphones-my-keyboard-and-my-mouse-all/td-p/5726883
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,

my computer freezes after desktop appears and it shows 'Found New Hardware' wizard.

previously, my computer used to restart itself after showing "Start Windows Normally Start using Network Command Prompt Start using Last Known Configuration". For this, I inserted windows xp cd, went to Recovery Console and typed 'chkdsk c: /p /r'. After doing this, pc stopped restarting and this found new hardware problem has appeared. PLEASE HELP!

Thank you.

A:Computer freezes (mouse and keyboard do not respond)

What hardware has it found? That could be a clue as to what's causing the problem. You may possibly have contracted a virus, so try a complete virus scan. It sounds like Windows is corrupted so start thinking about a clean install of XP .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-mouse-and-keyboard-do-not-respond.185568/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey all Not sure whether this thread is in the right place or not if so please inform me and i will move it however this is my issue about a week ago my computer started freezing randomly have had no issues with it whatsoever since I Mouse and is Still Freeze Keyboard Computer Working have built it the mouse and keyboard will be unresponsive BUT sound and anything visual still works its not like the whole thing is freezing up its just the mouse and keyboard mostly freezes when I am in-game and at the moment it freezes within the first - minutes of play time when it Mouse and Keyboard Freeze Computer is Still Working first Mouse and Keyboard Freeze Computer is Still Working started it was once every - hours now I am unable to play a game without it freezing and then restarting my pc by hard booting which I don t like doing anyway it does not happen when in windows or using the internet just in game which I am not really sure These are the things I have already done as creating my own thread about an issue is the last thing I usually do however I think I know what the issue is and that s the Motherboard anyway I checked that all my devices and motherboard and GFX Card is up to date which they are Reinstalled windows started on windows installed Windows is still happening Formatted and had a complete fresh start as it where tried using different mice and keyboards currently this is all I can think of that I have done My current computer build is i k - CPU Gigabyte Z X-UD -B - Motherboard gb Corsair Vengeance - RAM Mouse and Keyboard Freeze Computer is Still Working Tb Hamachi - Hard Drive Windows bit Gainward GTX Phantom gb - GFX Card Corsair TX - PSU If anyone reads this thank you for taking the time to do so and if someone can help it will be greatly appreciated if you need more information just let me know and I can provide thanks again ImKable nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

My mosue and computer won't wake the computer from sleep mode. I have them plugged into a usb port in the back of my computer. Yet, when the computer goes to sleep it turns off the ports. I have switched the mouse and keyboard in device manager to allow them to wake the computer. So, is there a way to make it so that when my computer goes to sleep it does not turn off the usb port that my mouse and keyboard are plugged into?

Relevancy 55.47%

I am quite confident that it s not the mouse keyboard because I have tried different sets that are wireless don t have corded but have sufficient battery and work instantly on my labtop These peripherals worked fine pre-format plug n play worked fine and i didn t need to install any software to get them working but suddenly my uncle reinstalled windows and it seemed to be stuck on the desktop because none of my inputs work Things I have tried - used ps slots - tried different mice keyboards once again they re all plug and play - yes pressed the connected button after the sequential flashing on the receiver followed instructions logitech website etc my only guess is that after my uncle fixed the OS that wires or hardware got messed during transportation of Trouble Keyboard/Mouse computer to connecting the desktop back to my house but i have no idea PS as the desktop loads i see that windows has found new hardware and such i don t know if that helps Thanks in advance cheers nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I & defective new computer. on audio, mouse keyboard am very upset with HP nbsp I purchased my computer on and have had nothing but problems with it nbsp I have spent more on this computer than any other in my lifetime Since I am retired I treated myself to a computer that I thought would audio, keyboard & mouse defective on new computer. be my last nbsp I will be in month and don't think that means I don't know much about computers nbsp I have been using them and troubleshooting for myself and others since nbsp Hp has been my choice for most computers nbsp However this computer has been a problem from the getgo nbsp Starting with the keyboard and mouse nbsp I have spent hours with tech support had them access my computer and do everything I had already done to no avail nbsp Now my audio is gone and once again I have spent hours with tech support both HP and others nbsp HP wants to nbsp do a complete restore which will wipe out all my new programs and bookmarks nbsp Other tech support tells me that there is a hardware failure and needs to be repaired nbsp However HP wants me to do without a computer for wks while they try to figure out what is wrong nbsp I cannot do without my computer that long as I use it for all my financial dealings nbsp They won't offer a refund since I have had it for over days even though I was in contact with tech support within the days nbsp The keyboard mouse and audio are not working nbsp nbsp I want satisfaction

A:audio, keyboard & mouse defective on new computer.

Hi @delandds, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/audio-keyboard-amp-mouse-defective-on-new-computer/td-p/5607213
Relevancy 55.47%

I have recently reconnected my computer in a different room in my house. It worked fine until at one point, when it was off, I moved the monitor to the other side of my desk (I know...gasp!). Ever since then the monitor, mouse, and keyboard will not respond to the computer. The monitor will turn on, but the screen displays the monitor self test box (windows xp) - saying the monitor is working, check computer and monitor cable. The mouse (laser) does not light up, and none of the lights in the keyboard that are usually lit are lit. The tower seems to turn on - the light in the power button is on. That about sums up my problem. I have checked all cables several times! If anyone knows anything that may help - It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you much!
-nmc

A:monitor, keyboard, mouse not responding to computer

It certainly suggests that nothing is working, and that probably the computer itself is not actually booting up.

Check it all again!

When you power up the PC, do you get the standard single "beep"? If not, its not going. Does the Hard drive spin up? Does the CD tray go in and out when you press the eject button on the drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-keyboard-mouse-not-responding-to-computer.240148/
Relevancy 55.47%

Dell computer locked and both the mouse & keyboard don't work. I have unplugged both and still nothing.

A:Computer locked! Mouse & Keyboard both don't work!

Hello and welcome to TSF! First what is the model number of your computer, how old is it? If This can be due to an overheating issue first try cleaning out all air vents with a can of air if you have a laptop. If you have a desktop take the side panel off and clean out all dust from the fans and heat sink.

We will go from there first. Let us know if the results are better or not.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-locked-mouse-and-keyboard-both-dont-work-696713.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have read dozens of threads now on it -- could freeze up random Computer be mouse/keyboard?? the freeze up problem in Win bit and tried everything Updated most drivers did memtest - passes no errors even removed and reinstalled ram checked temperatures cleaned dust out of box etc etc I finally gave up and in an attempt to resolve I upgraded to Win And computer is still freezing randomly with no consistency on programs being run Sometimes after minutes sometimes several hours before it freezes Computer is Dell Studio The Win upgrade Computer random freeze up -- could it be mouse/keyboard?? was supposed to be a clean upgrade just bringing over my files but it actually brought everything I believe It looks that way anyway But the thing I noticed is that the computer will complete a lengthy task even though it will not respond to input from the mouse or keypad I must hard restart it to get back input control I am going to try a different mouse and keyboard in case that is the problem currently using Logitech MK I am not hopeful This has been going on for weeks now and is driving me crazy Appreciate any help Regards Paul

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386550-computer-random-freeze-up-could-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but recently on my girlfriends computer we installed a webcam and everything kinda froze Upon restarting the computer it comes up with the screen saying a device failed and may need a startup repair Also gives the option to start windows normally The problem is the keyboard is not recognized to choose an option It counts down and goes to the screen to start the startup repair but again no mouse or keyboard I have tried accessing the BIOS but considering the keyboard can't needs repair, Computer or but startup mouse use keyboard is not working i cannot do that Computer needs startup repair, but can't use mouse or keyboard either I'm not sure what all is in it as I got it from a friend when he built a new one It is a custom computer not from a typical manufacturer It has worked perfectly up until trying to install the webcam I have tried using every USB port and also tried using a ps converter to no avail I'm not sure what to do anymore and I'm afraid of messing with it too much or hard-booting it too much Please help if you can I'm at a loss I'm not exactly new to computers but I've never had a problem where i couldn't use the keyboard at all

A:Computer needs startup repair, but can't use mouse or keyboard

sorry, just saw that this is for the blue screens..which I am not getting, I'm sure the thread will be moved. Sorry again, i'm just at a complete loss and it's really late

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/246058-computer-needs-startup-repair-but-cant-use-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi folks Mouse/Keyboard/USB off anymore work computer turning don't after Yesterday night I turned off my computer by pressing the power Mouse/Keyboard/USB don't work anymore after turning off computer button and now my mouse and keyboard do not work anymore in Windows I wanted to see if it was just the mouse keyboard itself but I noticed nothing detects when I connect a USB device I tried plugging it in every port and it's the same I thought it was a hardware issue but now I realize that it is not I restarted my computer and tried to get into safe mode it worked I was able to go up and down to select which mode I wanted to enter Once inside safe mode and windows is loaded the keyboard just freezes It does not work at all I then decided to go into bios to see what is up and everything seems right I even screwed around and messed up my overclock settings So now I know my keyboard still works and it's probably a Windows issue I wanted to see if my mouse would work I went into Windows Repair I might have gotten the name wrong and voila my mouse worked I'm not sure if it's a virus or what not but can someone kindly help me Thank you ps I do not have any system restore save points unfortunately

A:Mouse/Keyboard/USB don't work anymore after turning off computer

Hello once again.

I managed to find a ps/2 keyboard lying around and I figured out my problem. It was because I installed libUSB and it messed everything up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/124270-mouse-keyboard-usb-dont-work-anymore-after-turning-off-computer.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all,

After booting the computer and going to windows desktop, few minutes later the mouse and keyboard freeze.

Any fix? all ideas appreciated!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-and-keyboard-freeze-after-10-mins-from-booting-computer-298442.html
Relevancy 55.04%

My computer is not comunicating with monitor, keyboard, mouse, and modem nothing appears to be connected to it,the I connected all to a dell and everything is now working;the fans work,the disk sounds like is working but nothing happens,could it be the motherboard or something else

by the way my system is Windos vista 32 bit

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232949-computer-not-comunicating-monitor-keyboard-mouse-modem.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all,

After booting the computer and going to windows desktop, few minutes later the mouse and keyboard freeze.

Any fix? all ideas appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-and-keyboard-freeze-after-few-mins-from-booting-computer.755719/
Relevancy 55.04%

I just started encountering the most bizarre issue i have Or Woken If Via Keyboard To Computer Back Goes Mouse Sleep ever seen with my computer normally I wake up my computer from sleep Computer Goes Back To Sleep If Woken Via Mouse Or Keyboard mode by clicking the mouse or pressing a key on the keyboard Now there is a common issue where changing power settings can cause the mouse and keyboard to not be able to wake up the computer but my issue is just plain bizarre Out of Computer Goes Back To Sleep If Woken Via Mouse Or Keyboard the blue my computer developed a strange bug where when I click the mouse or Press a key the computer will wake up from standby mode and than after a minute or so it will immediately go back into sleep mode and it will keep doing this repeatedly On the other hand if i press the power button the computer will wake up normally and stay on I am at my wits end i have checked my UEFI settings and sure enough USB mouse and keyboard is set to wake the computer and in device manager all the relevant drivers have the allow this device to wake the computer box checked So right now i need to figure out what is triggering the computer to go back into sleep mode when woken up by the keyboard mouse but not when it is woken up with the power button

A:Computer Goes Back To Sleep If Woken Via Mouse Or Keyboard

[wild guess]
The mouse and random key are sending a double click.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581677/computer-goes-back-to-sleep-if-woken-via-mouse-or-keyboard/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have an Acer Aspire M computer with a touch screen that runs Windows I was having issues with the touch screen so I went to download the drivers from the Acer website However when I restarted my computer to complete the installation it wouldn't allow me to use either the mouse touch screen or keyboard Normally after loading a personalized picture will appear on the screen displaying the time connectibility and strength of the network The user No touch, reset keyboard input computer or mouse, after is then supposed to swipe up click on or press space to move the picture at which point the login screen No touch, mouse, or keyboard input after computer reset appears My computer loads normally when starting but won't allow me to use the mouse touch screen or keyboard to move the picture out of the way so I cannot access the login screen I have already contacted the Acer company support and attempted to use the battery reset pinhole but to no avail Is there anything I can do besides a factory reset or using it as a cat bed

A:No touch, mouse, or keyboard input after computer reset

using it as a cat bed

Probably best.

You could uninstall those drivers, looks like you will need to do it from outside windows.

You would need a decent winpe., which you probably don't have, nigh on impossible to make one given your situation.

System restore to just before the problem may do the job.

Try that and see.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/50111-no-touch-mouse-keyboard-input-after-computer-reset.html
Relevancy 55.04%

For some reason, even after getting a new mouse and keyboard, both of the items randomly keep freezing up for around a second or so. If im typing 'hello' and it freezes my keyboard will freeze at 'he' and then spam llllllllllllllllllllllllllll after the He- in hello. The same thing will happen to my mouse only in movement locations. I tried getting a new mouse and it didnt work. I have a 1250 watt power source and i tried several different usb ports to plug them in. I even reformatted my computer and installed the drivers for them and they still short out. Im at the end of the line because this computer is half a year old and has several upgrades allready. Any thoughts?

A:Why do my mouse and Keyboard keep randomly freezing? I have a new computer with 1250

What computer and how much memory? What OS?
It sounds as though the computer is busy doing something else.
Check Task Manager /Performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-my-mouse-and-keyboard-keep-randomly-freezing-i-have-a-new-computer-with-1250.816206/
Relevancy 55.04%

My computer starts but it won't recognise my monitor or keyboard or mouse.

I switched out the power supply and that's not the problem. [I know that i have about 7 fans in my computer. (I didn't make it like that, a friend of mine did)]

I keep getting this really LOUD BEEPING noise, as though it's stuck on reset.

I haven't switched out the harddrive or motherboard yet.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT WHAT MIGHT BE GOING ON? PLEASE HELP I'M GETTING DESPARATE!

Also before all this started, my CD-ROM wasn't wanting to work. It would let me listen to music and insert a CD to play a video game but it wouldn't write anything or let me install anything or watch movies. (But it used to do ALL those things)

I can't do any system restores because my system restore was turned off!

A:Computer doesn't recognise monitor, keyboard or mouse

Are you getting a constant continuous beeping sound? Are they always long or are they long and short?

If they're always long, then I suspect your RAM has come loose or failed. Try reseating the RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-recognise-monitor-keyboard-or-mouse.106431/
Relevancy 55.04%

How can I make a recent vintage mouse and keyboard with USB connectors work on an older computer that originally used a Serial Port connector for mouse and keyboard. This old computer does have two usb ports.I've been given a freebie, an old Dell Optiplex GX110 All I have is the CPU. Everything starts up and looks normal on the monitor. But the keyboard and mouse won't make anything respond.

Relevancy 55.04%

Sometimes my PC will just randomly freeze and there will be no power to usb and keyboard but the monitor screen remains on but frozen. What is the problem? Dying hard disk?

A:Computer freezes suddenly no power to usb keyboard and mouse

Pakkiu,

Thanks for posting.
Alright, open CMD as an administrator and run the following command.

sfc /scannow

System File Checker will now verify the integrity of every protected Operating System file on the Computer.
System File Checker may or may not prompt you to restart but even if it doesn't, you should restart anyway.

Watch it and follow up with the results Pakkiu!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565665/computer-freezes-suddenly-no-power-to-usb-keyboard-and-mouse/
Relevancy 55.04%

This is SO frustrating I've had this problem for about a year now Basically when I put my computer to sleep it wont wake up unless I press the power button Jiggling the mouse or pressing ANY button on the keyboard does nothing I have already done significant research on this so here are the things I've already tried Checking the quot Allow this device to wake the computer quot and unchecking quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot In device manager I've done this for every USB option it would allow as well as for the mouse keyboard and every HID device it would allow There is no option in my BIOS for allowing disallowing the keyboard to wake the computer or any other device for that matter Hibernate is disabled and hybrid sleep is not possible on my system Going into my power options through control panel selecting change plan settings on my current plan then changing advanced settings and setting quot USB selective suspend setting quot to disable Plugging my mouse into different USB ports on both the front and back Updating all the drivers Uninstalling and re-installing all the drivers Scanned and removed all malware Trying all of these over and over again Can anyone please help me I understand it's a hard problem since there are so many solutions but any suggestions are greatly appreciated I have a Logitec M wireless mouse Thank you

A:Mouse and keyboard no longer wake computer from sleep

Have you replaced the batteries in the mouse?. If you have a wired mouse try that & see if it works. If it does you may have a wireless interference problem from another device that is causing problems with the M505.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/336260-mouse-keyboard-no-longer-wake-computer-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Last night in mid gaming ... Computer shutdown for a brief instant and the restarted ... But would never Re-Post ... Screen stayed blank and neither keyboard nor mouse would light up ... Fans and Drives look to be all running ...

Have not taken apart yet to look for motherboard lights but will later today after work. Have tried disconnecting Power Cord (reseting) and still just lights, fans and no screen keyboard or mouse ... oh and I tested the montior with another computer and monitor works fine ... so are we talking ram, video card or motherboard?? Thanks in advance ....

A:Computer shutdown/restart and now no monitor/keyboard/mouse!

What is the make and wattage of your power supply? Have you tested it with a digital multimeter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shutdown-restart-and-now-no-monitor-keyboard-mouse.158615/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys I finally got my Internet up I'm having problems with an old computer my dad gave me it didn't come with a model number or anything but it looks like an old Microsoft Keyboard along some reformat virus... with work, won't bad and Mouse Computer - computer Anyways the specs are -AMD Athlon Mhz processor -CMOS when I hit DEL to enter Computer reformat - Mouse and Keyboard won't work, along with some bad virus... BIOS I never used CMOS sooo Well really I can't get any more than that The problem is when I turn it on I put in Computer reformat - Mouse and Keyboard won't work, along with some bad virus... a bit black edition of windows XP Professional and when I bring up the boot screen my keyboard doesn't work anymore Hell even when I just turn it on the keyboard and mouse die on me I've managed to get to the login screen but I get a few screens saying I may have been a victim of illegitimate XP sales and they want me to activate the version of XP I have on Not sure what kind it is And at the boot screen my mouse fails along with my keyboard so I can't do anything I need some help with this guys despite being a - year old computer it's apparently decent for high-end ish games while my Acer laptop can barely handle San Andreas I also wanted something to keep myself occupied for a while but now it's more than that I need to do this EDIT Damn I can't do anything now when I get into CMOS my keyboard dies

A:Computer reformat - Mouse and Keyboard won't work, along with some bad virus...

black edition of windows XP is not legal software. Please read our rules, a link to them is at the top of every page.

We do not help will illegal activites

Thread closed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-reformat-mouse-and-keyboard-wont-work-along-with-some-bad-virus-499205.html
Relevancy 55.04%

my computer windows xp dell wont read teh keyboard or mouse because it says it needs to be installed in the software wizard i cant install it because it wont work. i have rebooted it and also enable it to read usb devices and it still wont work idk what is the problem that it wont read it and want to know how to fix it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-and-mouse-wont-work-after-computer-starts-need-help-with-it.1060871/
Relevancy 55.04%

Whats up Tech Support Forum no idea what TSF, keyboard HighJackThis, though... still Help! work ran Mouse freezes, computer + is so wrong with the mouse sometimes it works sometimes it will freeze over and over again reboot after reboot Everything else works- the mouse just freezes this log is from minutes after starting up the computer here it is - it looks like SO MUCH IS RUNNING nothing even really is though thanks a lot Yes it is always plugged Mouse freezes, computer + keyboard still work though... ran HighJackThis, TSF, Help! in i'd rather Just not buy Mouse freezes, computer + keyboard still work though... ran HighJackThis, TSF, Help! a new mouse in case its more than the mouse that is broke hopefully its just the mouse as it is a tiny Fellowes optic mouse and i can get a new one its not a usb mouse should i get a usb mouse i want to stay with optic mice too right thanks a lot everyone So whats wrong with my computer log and what the hell is with that HP junk i have a dell thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files OpenCASE OpenCASE Media Agent MediaAgent exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtcmd exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DoScan exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe c program files aol aol toolbar AolTbServer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywaybiz R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explor... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/mouse-freezes-computer-keyboard-still-work-though-ran-highjackthis-tsf-help-229252.html
Relevancy 55.04%

note: i can't reformat the pc

sometimes when im on the computer everything on the computer stops, and the mouse and keyboard wont respond so im forced to reboot, when i reboot everythings running fine, ive scanned for viruses and spyware, and as far as im aware i have none, heres the specs for my comp:

Windows Xp Pro SP1
AMD Athlon 1664MHZ

i dont know any details about my fans or anything else unfortunatly...

Other notes:
the time in which the system is logged on until the problem occurs varies from 20 seconds to 10 hours...

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I've had this problem for a week now keyboard) (mic, mouse, frequently, inputs Computer freezes all closing Sometimes when I run my computer for a longer duration my mouse and Computer freezes frequently, closing all inputs (mic, mouse, keyboard) keyboard freeze with the screen I can still hear sounds etc Then all of the sudden the computer Computer freezes frequently, closing all inputs (mic, mouse, keyboard) unfreezes and I can continue for a few seconds and experience another freeze This might continue for a while but after some time the computer freezes again and doesnt unfreeze I tried unplugging my mouse and then putting it back to the usb port in my motherboard but this time the mouse doesnt power back on the light on the bottom doesnt come on I havent gotten any error messages from Computer freezes frequently, closing all inputs (mic, mouse, keyboard) this this might be because I power my computer off before anything pops up Also one wierd thing that happend while this freezing occured was the fact that my cursor didnt change while moving it over hypertext or selecting text Also the text selector cursor was bugged and it changed colours while moving it accross different colors One thing I might suspect is the fact that my CMOS battery is failing I had a some kind of a corruption error with it earlier and fixed it by reseating the battery The Motherboard I'm using is an Asus P Z -V LX This is really wierd since sometimes I might be on skype and this happens and I still hear my friend Just cant talk to him thought I hope this problem can be resolved because it is really annoying and kinda stressfull since I wouldnt want my computer to fail -Tuukka

A:Computer freezes frequently, closing all inputs (mic, mouse, keyboard)

It sounds like a possible bad driver, or something became corrupt with either a video or sound driver. I would check and make sure that you have the most up-to-date drivers installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291637-computer-freezes-frequently-closing-all-inputs-mic-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Keyboard/mouse not working Windows XP
EU's computer boots to XP, gets to the desktop, and keyboard and mouse stop functioning. Same story Safe Mode, and Last Known Good.

Tried different Keyboard/mouse.(PS2 or USB )

No PS/2 connectors.

Found a XP Pro disk - it wouldn't repair (couldn't see) the XP Home install, but I loaded a new windows install in a new directory. Keyboard and mouse work there, so the hardware's ok.

So, how do I fix the problem in the old Windows install?

A:EU's computer boots to XP, gets to the desktop, and keyboard and mouse stop functioni

Hello thanigai777 and welcome to TSF,

Did you install the second XP on a separate partition or on the same partition?

If you can still boot into the old installation, I would like you to perform a clean boot.

How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state

This will disable all non-Microsoft tasks and services from running. If the KB/M work, then we can take further steps to narrow down the cause.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/eus-computer-boots-to-xp-gets-to-the-desktop-and-keyboard-and-mouse-stop-functioni-679648.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I just finished my first self-built system that includes a bluetooth mouse and keyboard. With no OS installed yet, I guess I have to borrow or buy a wired keyboard/mouse to get things started, correct?

A:New Home-Built Computer + Bluetooth Mouse & Keyboard = Frustration

Yes,bluetooth doesn't work without the drivers installed.
Always good to keep a wired set around for troubleshooting
purposes anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-home-built-computer-bluetooth-mouse-keyboard-frustration.1014603/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi

I am new here so I apologize if this is not the correct section to post my question in. I have a 4 yr old HP ZE4400 laptop which is now restarting every 10 min, the mouse and keyboard putting in wrong data or not working completely at times. I ran Anti virus but no virus. I can't put the factory cd in to see if it's software problem because my cd drive is not working. I am not sure if it is hardware or software problem. Please help.

A:Computer restarting/keyboard/mouse inputing wrong data

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-restarting-keyboard-mouse-inputing-wrong-data.663216/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a windows computer here is the system info I quadcore MS- I think Standard hdd and a backup watt ps MSi Nividia graphics cards I have two of these they are almost identical For no apparent reason the one I'm having trouble with just started shutting down the PNP that were plugged in has input, virus Computer longer USB suspect no mouse/keyboard, I could hear the quot disconnect quot sound First I thought I had overloaded the PS but that doesn't seem to be the case all of the power ports seem functional I can get the computer to start and go the windows start screen but with on input device I can't do anything Can't safe boot can't boot into bios I've tried the install disks and it won't boot from there and a recovery disk didn't work either Cleared the CMOS pulled the Computer no longer has USB input, mouse/keyboard, suspect virus battery Nothing helps Installed a USB card which will give me power to my phone charger but nothing else Tried an old PS keyboard with a USB adapter that didn't work Bought an old keyboard with the PS plug That didn't work Pretty wierd I know this is a PIA for anyone trying to help So I'm going to thank anyone in advance that takes the time to help I can get a new hard drive it that might help I can LAN together the two computers if that Computer no longer has USB input, mouse/keyboard, suspect virus might help I can make whatever kind of start disk from the other computer I have all the disks and keys

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/381661-computer-no-longer-has-usb-input-mouse-keyboard-suspect-virus.html
Relevancy 54.61%

In device management all devices including networking cards in Power option are marked not to wake computer from sleep In system tasks everything is marked not to wake computer from sleep When the sleep button on the keyboard is depressed the computer goes to sleep and can only be awakened by depressing the tower console's on off button lightly But I want to use the sleep and wake capability of the new keyboard In device management I now set the the keyboard to wake the computer from sleep No other changes are made But when the keyboard sleep button keyboard computer M510 and mouse K350 sleep Logitech won't let is depressed the computer powers down and then restarts immediately The keyboard power option allowing the keyboard to wake the the Logitech keyboard K350 and mouse M510 won't let computer sleep computer means the computer cannot sleep at all Event Viewer current log power troubleshooting identifies waking device after sleep as USB root hub Both keyboard and mouse are controlled by a USB dongle The Logitech keyboard and mouse are new items Logitech says to ask Microsoft for a fix but Microsoft doesn't seem to have one This appears to be a cop-out from the manufacturer of the devices Logitech Solutions nbsp nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ac71cdb2-f8c5-42da-8998-b1f9349dd309/logitech-keyboard-k350-and-mouse-m510-wont-let-computer-sleep?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 54.61%

Well when I come up from sleep mode. My mouse will first light up. But then when my motherboard shuts off and turn off again by itself, the mouse and keyboards will not light up, but the computer is still running. The monitor will not display anything on screen. I have to do a hard boot before everything will work fine. I noticed when I hard but, Windows will say resuming windows on screen. This problem sometimes come up or doesn't. I don't know if it's a software or hardware issue. Please help. If you need more info, Please ask what you need to help me figure out what is the problem. I put most of my hardware info on my profile page.

A:Keyboard and Mouse not working after computer back from Sleep Mode

Hello and welcome Tiki Mate try these first SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Disk Check

run from safe mode if necessary then follow up with these

http://www.superantispyware.com/
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
download ADW from bleeping computer

TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US the ref is quite small so look for it carefully

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/294901-keyboard-mouse-not-working-after-computer-back-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 54.61%

So i had this problem a little while ago where my pc started freezing randomly it happend i couldnt do anything and then i had to manually restart it I looked into the device manager and there where two unknow device's i couldnt update them i couldnt install the firmware After a while when i opened my pc and blew all the but screen mouse and starts doesnt Computer work. keyboard dust out and reseated the ram i only got a couple freezes more after that and then they went away for a long time Computer starts but screen keyboard and mouse doesnt work. and last night i was producing music like i always do with fl studio and when i am working in fl studio the pc never froze btw i was done i closed fl studio right when i wanted to click on de shutdown button for my pc it froze completly again couldnt move the mouse keyboard didnt respond pressed numlock didnt work so i shut him down by holding down the power button he went of next morning i turn on my pc i hear the fan turn on like usually the power light was blue but my keyboard didnt light up or work my mouse neither and my screen that is working didnt work either it was like their was nog signal going from the pc to the external devices maybe something that can help to is when my pc was not freezing and freezing when i turned him on i heard a bleep and then the fan went on and everything was normal hopefully someone can help me im desperate for a solution thanks in advance already

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/396934-computer-starts-but-screen-keyboard-mouse-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Ever since I had a windows xp update and a firefox update one right after the other. My computer will not boot up with the keyboard and mouse plugged in. The computer boots up fine when I unplug them.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this?

Thanks for the help.

A:Solved: Computer will not boot with keyboard and mouse plugged in the usb port

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-will-not-boot-with-keyboard-and-mouse-plugged-in-the-usb-port.820577/
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm thinking this is an XP issue because this computer goes crazy keyboard and proper Computer function mouse cease beeps didn't do this with windows All of a sudden the computer will go nuts Seems all forms of normal input Computer goes crazy beeps mouse and keyboard cease proper function cease functioning If you touch the mouse the pointer doesn't move but the computer starts doing all kinds of random things Like loading numerous new instances of browser pops up all kinds of things from computer shutdown screen to help forms Of course seems that none of these things will work because you don't have normal input Three fingered salute doesn't work I do not think this is a virus or other malware Multiple checks with antivirus and things like adware and spybot turn up nothing Memory checks all pass all the time This problem will pop up at any time Some times it could go all day without the problem showing up A browser doesn't have to be running Sometimes when the only thing running is a game and it will happen The game isn't necessarily causing it be it will pop up without games It doesn't seem to be any particular action that causes it but I'm usually using the mouse when it happens I don't have an optical mouse And Computer goes crazy beeps mouse and keyboard cease proper function neither mouse or keyboard are USB I'm at about my wits end on this one No errors show up in the event log Since normal function ceases when this happens I can't look at the task manager to see what's happening But the computer doesn't really freeze in that sense This all started when I installed XP I love the XP operating system except for this problem As I said above windows was running on this system without error I would never go back to win k though it is very slow The computer mother board is an elite group GCT-M with gig dual core P and gig memory g sata hard drive XP Pro SP If anyone needs more info please ask thanks Dennis

A:Computer goes crazy beeps mouse and keyboard cease proper function

I'm still not convinced it's not malware. Try running Trendmicro's Housecall on the machine. If it passes that, I'll believe it's malware-free.

Try using MSCONFIG to turn off everything but the most essential features. Leave all MS Services on, but turn off everything else you know you are not going to need. If the problem goes away, you can assume it's something that you've turned off on the list, and then it's simply a matter of finding out what it is, and getting rid of it.

None of your devices are battery-powered or wireless ? Intermittant problems like that are usually batteries going dead.

The fact that Task Manager will not launch indicates past or present infection. Install Dial-a-Fix and see if there are any "restrictive policies" that prevent TM from launching.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-goes-crazy-beeps-mouse-and-keyboard-cease-proper-function-500734.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Ok so I've I thought this problem was ultimately isolated to just opening photoshop but now it just does it with any program on randomly, keyboard stop Computer mouse Reboots working and startup period How it works is my computer randomly reboots and when it starts back up again the mouse keyboard and sometimes monitor are not working I recently installed new RAM a nvidia gtx graphics card and a new power supply I've tried everything sfc scannow disabling the automatic restart on a fatal error but it does it anyways reinstalling updating the drivers checking the temperature air dusting it out ect everything short of tactical nuclear weaponry but this problem just wont take a hint Any help would be much appreciated I'm nearing a deadline and this problem its starting to be a thorn in my side Edit now my computer just froze and shut down Edit my computer has now bluescreened it listed no error code but Computer Reboots randomly, mouse and keyboard stop working on startup I got a line of text reading x F Its says the crash was caused by ntoskrnl exe

A:Computer Reboots randomly, mouse and keyboard stop working on startup

Please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/361368-computer-reboots-randomly-mouse-keyboard-stop-working-startup.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello i just registerd to this website as it helped others ok heres my Crashes, to no the try mouse in When restart Computer power or monitor, keyboard Solved: problem My computer works normal sometimes but sometimes while im on youtube or doing something like online gaming or windows live messenger it jus crashes the mouse pointer stops and eventually i have to hold Solved: Computer Crashes, When try to restart no power in the monitor, keyboard or mouse the button on my tower to shut down and restart but when i restart the MOUSE KEYBOARD MONITOR HAS NO POWER after several trys i have to open my tower and disconnect something like the cd rom and reconnect it then it works Also note sometime that instead of freezing it restarts and sometimes but rearly a BSOD blue screen comes up i dont have time to read the error soo quick I WAS WONDERING IF IT IS RAM OR BIOS SETTINGS THAT DOES THIS IM NT SURE AND I NEED SOMEONE ELSE S ACCOUNT ON MY PROBLEM MY COMPUTER SPECS Self built computer gb HD Ram GHZ Pentium Mother Board ASROCK P i G USB x Usb Ports I WOULD REALLY APPRICIATE IT IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME SOLVE MY PROBLEM AS I REALLY NEED TO STOP THIS nbsp

A:Solved: Computer Crashes, When try to restart no power in the monitor, keyboard or mouse

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-crashes-when-try-to-restart-no-power-in-the-monitor-keyboard-or-mouse.624674/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I have a feeling this may be a driver error but I dont know A friend gave me a computer Os Vista x OEM I think Hardware age Age of installation not sure its my friends Might not have been reinstalled before CPU Athlon x Video Card Onboard Graphics Mobo Inspiron mobo PSU Bestec ATX P WB W System Manufacturer DELL Model No Inspiron It works perfectly fine apart from when I connect to the internet through mobile broadband Huawei E Once it connects internet explorer launches As soon as I begin using IE the computer freezes mouse will not move keyboard will not work then after mins it blue screens stop code is x I have tried to exit IE and use firefox instead this works much better but it still bluescreens just less frequently My friend brought it to a local shop who told him the usb header on the mobo is the problem and needs a new mobo and qouted him repair However I dont think this is the problem as when broadband freezes, using working mouse keyboard mobile computer stops BSOD + no other usb device gives any trouble at all And the mobile brodband dongle only crashes once it connects and the browser is launched I ran Norton antivirus super anti spyware malwarebytes antimalware BSOD when using mobile broadband computer freezes, mouse + keyboard stops working and RU Botted All I picked up was a few malwares I also ran full system diagnostic test with no problems list of installed software incase there are known issues with them Norton Antivirus Easus Partition manager thunderbird microsoft works ccleaner I dont know if any are recently installed or not Any help would be very much appreciated as I really dont know what to do with this David btw in the perfmon disk D is an extrernal Hard drive that was connected at the time so its not a problem

A:BSOD when using mobile broadband computer freezes, mouse + keyboard stops working

Okay, I ran the driver verifier

When I restarted the computer, I get the blue screen and it will not turn on
The stop error is 0x7E this time I think

I booted into safe mode and restored, then ran "verifier /query" in cmd
which returned: "No driver are acurrently verified"

I have attached the new dump file below

It must be a driver problem, what do you guys think?

Hopefully You can help me out guys

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-when-using-mobile-broadband-computer-freezes-mouse-keyboard-stops-working-595401.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I hope someone knows the answer.
I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 running Windows 10. Several times over the past 6 months I have noticed my computer still on and the Screen has turned off. Neither the Keyboard or the Mouse responds either.
The only way I can switch off is to hold the power button for a few seconds.
I have prevoiusly made sure the Sleep options, if ever i use them, is only for the computer and never the screen.
Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19976143
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello guys I have tried to ask this to other forums but yet no help I have just into Found Point working! :- Entry error Computer Not not + Hangs VisualToolTip.exe Keyboard and Mouse extreme pressure of this problem right now Here is what happens - Window loads-- loading personal setting-- Then it shows a box - VisualToolTip exe - Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameA could not be located in the dynamic library PSAPI DLL I tried to click OK and after sometime I can not click anywhere Even my keyword doesn t work anymore I tried to go to Safe Mode but F key is not working because keyboard turns off during the boot And it is turned on when after window is loaded then the message comes up and then stays there forever The only key works is the Start Up key but no other keys work I thought of VisualToolTip.exe Entry Point Not Found error :- Computer Hangs + Mouse and Keyboard not working! formatting but when pc loads from CD and asks to press any key I can not press any KEY I have seen many problem and have solved them myself but this one I can not do anything and I feel like I am locked out Please help me guys Help Thanks for your time

A:VisualToolTip.exe Entry Point Not Found error :- Computer Hangs + Mouse and Keyboard not working!

Hi netme, and welcome to BleepingComputer.If would help if you were to post the make and model of this computer.If it is a custom build, please post the make and model of the motherboard.Have you tried using a different keyboard?Microsoft has a work around for this, but you need the use of your keyboard. You can read the article here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/351256/visualtooltipexe-entry-point-not-found-error-computer-hangs-mouse-and-keyboard-not-working/
Relevancy 51.17%

hi there my mouse jumps around the screen and upon restart neither my mouse moving mouse restart, not working Solved: keyboard trojan? irradically, on and mouse or my keyboard would work without unplugging them and re-plugging Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan? them in also i have alot of suspicious processes running that wont turn off and my internet is very jumpy and pages take along time to load below is my HJT log thanks for looking Hello there thank you for taking the time to help me i really appreciate it below is my HJT log file i also have an active scan log file which found a trojan i believe any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan? C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Airlink AWLH WLService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Airlink AWLH WLanCfgG exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system mspmspsv exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINNT system wscntfy exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C WINNT system SNDVOL EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgwb dat C WINNT system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll file missing O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINNT IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ID EYTHM C PROGRA COMMON Adobe ADOBEV Server bin VERSIO EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run AirPort Base Station Agent quot C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe quot O - HKCU Run RealPlayer quot C Program Fil... Read more

A:Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mouse-moving-irradically-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-on-restart-trojan.761670/
Relevancy 51.17%

After about 1 minute the mouse scroll and keyboard stop working until I left click mouse. Tool bar on browser also greys out but comes back after left click. Video and sound also are choppy. Not sure if this is related. Flash keeps crashing. Any ideas whats wrong? Windows 7 pro. Asus desktop. This occurs on Firefox, Chrome and IE. This seemed to start after Microsoft update and Flash updates

A:Mouse scroll and keyboard stop working until left click of mouse

Hello mpmckee,

First run Antivirus, Malware, and Spyware scans. Remove anything the programs find.

Note: if you need some suggestions on which tools to use, let me know.

Afterwards, test functionally of mouse and keyboard.

If no change, run System Restore, choose a Restore point before the issue started.

Again test behavior of mouse and keyboard.

If the issue has been resolved, go ahead and reinstall windows Updates.

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307791-mouse-scroll-keyboard-stop-working-until-left-click-mouse.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have win98se and It wont detect a ps/2 mouse,It will only run a microsoft serial.I have a logitech serial mouse that I tried too but it cant seem to find a driver for it...even on my windows cd....can anyone help me ....

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I've had this stupid problem before, but now I'm stumped. Just got this pc with win98 and a mouse plugged into a serial port with an adapter (theres no usb). At the start I get the "windows does not detect a mouse" message. I tried rebooting, safe mode, still no mouse. In the system info it has a yellow ! on it. In the control panel I selected the mouse controls, they show the mouse, but I can't test it at all. I don't know how to do anything with the keyboard only! Can anyone give me the keyboard commands to resolve this? The mouse is good on my other pc. When I first set it up I mistakenly plugged in into the keyboard port, if that makes any diff. Help appreciated!

A:Can't Detect %$&* Mouse!

Has this setup (with the serial mouse/adapter) worked before on this computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-detect-mouse.142962/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am using windows 8.1.
1. Go to Control Panel -> Keyboard -> Tab HardwareIn list Devices is null.
2. Go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Tab Hardware
In list Devices is null.
How to fix this error.
Thank you!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990117
Relevancy 51.17%

I got a wireless mouse Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse | Posturite. It is supposed to use generic windows 2.4 Ghz adapter. However, windows 7 is unable to find any drivers. The screenshot of device manager is appended. I tried various other ways e.g. take out other USB devices, reboot etc. I tried sfc /scannow . But the error persists. There is no usb.inf file in the C:\Windows . It works in Windows 8 machine but not in windows 7. other 2.4 Ghz mice work. The manufacturer says that they don't provide the drivers because the mouse uses generic drivers
Please advise what can be done.

A:2.4 Ghz wireless keyboard mouse driver not found (Penguin mouse)

Did you do a Search of the Windows Folder including subFolders and hidden Files? My Win7Ult has several such files but only 2 that are usb.inf only in subFolders of Windows, others have longer names but most appear to be associated with my AMD CPU/Gigabyte Motherboard setup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/341712-2-4-ghz-wireless-keyboard-mouse-driver-not-found-penguin-mouse.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I purchased an Asus ET2410IUTS-5 All-In-One PC. It came with a wireless full keyboard and mouse combo. The keyboard works fine but the mouse does nothing. All properties say both devices are installed and working properly but the mouse still does nothing. Model number on each device is as follows:
Keyboard - AK1L
Mouse - AM1L
Receiver - AR1L

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 51.17%

Is there a way to assign the ALT+TAB key combination to a mouse button in the Mouse & Keyboard Center?
I select the "Key Commands"-> "Key Combination" field but I can not find a way to enter a
TAB keystroke.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Assiging ALT+TAB to a mouse button with the Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center?

I changed the timing on the TAB press to 1 second. Still doesn't work.
Here is how it looks now:

I just remembered that we have seen this deficiency before.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-tms/switch-window-mouse-macro-no-longer-works-on/4921ad4e-93b8-4dea-8884-dda2ce642060 
Sorry for the confusion.

Robert Aldwinckle
---

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d0a5e241-00bc-49e7-9356-8459dc00e5a0/assiging-alttab-to-a-mouse-button-with-the-microsoft-mouse-amp-keyboard-center?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.74%

As well as other specs, like the ms and such. I bought a mouse from China on Ebay for about 8$ new. The specs say its the same as the death adder, but I have my doubts. I am sure its still a good mouse for the price, but Im curious how good is it? I wanna know did they copy paste the death adder specs or did I really get a smoking deal on this mouse?

here is the mouse btw
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281014362846?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

p.s. the damn dragon light is blinding me while I type, can I turn it off with software?

p.s.s. the middle mouse wheel is slow hmm (compared to my old mouse)

A:What program can I use to detect my mouse DPI?

It seems hard to believe that the sensor would be the same.. But I have no ideas on how to actually test.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-program-can-i-use-to-detect-my-mouse-dpi.187376/
Relevancy 50.74%

My friend broke his mouse (uses Win98) that came with his computer (a Trademark brand - about 6 yrs old, with a proprietary mouse (also Trademark). So He bought a basic MS mouse and plugged it in - then turned on the computer - but it doesn't dedect the new mouse. And, of course, he can't point to anything to try to use the control panel.
Any thoughts?

Relevancy 50.74%

I just moved all my old parts on to another AT motherboerd and cannot get windows to detect my serial mouse. I have tryed everything I can think of switching mouses switching cables there is no conflicts with the comm ports but nothing workes help me please im seriosly confused.

Relevancy 50.74%

I am running Windows xp sp2. I have been having trouble with my plug n play mouse for a few days and if I shut comp. down it would locate it after 1 or 2 trys. Not today. Tried the device troubleshooter and it says device is working. Please somebody help me fix my mousie?!

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a HP Pavilion g6-1b79dx with Windows 7 home premium SP1. Recently it stopped detecting any mice plugged into the USB ports. I have tried all 3 ports with 2 different mice. The mice are optical and they light up, so I know they are getting power. However under device manager "Mice and other pointing devices" the only one shown is the touch pad. Please advise.

A:HP laptop won't detect mouse

Possibly a cracked or failed system board. If ALLl of the USB ports result in the same failure,.. you need expert help.... I would first try to get hold of another hard drive and run a quick re-install to see if the problem is the same. If so, take it to a shop that has a scope with bright lights... Don't spend a lot of money. A replacement motherboard will perhaps be less costly than spending a great deal of time or money trying to figger out the problem. Your system is fairly old with a lot of use by now, right?.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-wont-detect-mouse.181746/
Relevancy 50.31%

Just installed Windows Runs like a charm BUT when I reboot for the first time it comes back to the login screen with no keyboard The keyboard lights are on just wont detect it Mouse works fine Can 7 64 does not Windows bit keyboard.... detect login to the system with onscreen keyboard and everything else works fine Tried new keyboards and ports As soon as I unplug it and replug there are no lights on Windows 7 64 bit does not detect keyboard.... the keyboard at all Tried uninstalling keyboard drivers and reinstalling but still Windows 7 64 bit does not detect keyboard.... no luck Did Windows 7 64 bit does not detect keyboard.... fresh installs of OS and same thing happens everytime The keyboard works fine after the setup is complete but once I reboot no keyboard Dell Tech support told me Windows is not compatible with some USB keyboards I think that is BS Went out and bought a new Microsoft wireless keyboard that is made for Windows still no dice I then installed Windows bit now everything works fine Can reboot and keyboard works fine This is OK for now but I would really like to use all of my GB of RAM in bit I have a Intel Core Quad so bit should work

A:Windows 7 64 bit does not detect keyboard....

Try updating your chipset drivers on x64. It certainly sounds like a driver issue, doesn't it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/45110-windows-7-64-bit-does-not-detect-keyboard.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I want keyboard laptop all-in-one I into trackpad my and want turn keyboard an and mouse to to remove the monitor basically gut it and turn the keyboard and trackpad of my laptop into a keyboard with built-in mouse for my desktop It s an old laptop that I was I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse thinking about throwing away anyway so I might as well turn it into something useful look at attachment I want be able to connect that to my desktop with USB and be able to use I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse it as both keyboard and mouse have both I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse the keyboard and trackpad work My desktop is right next to my bed so I sometimes swing the monitor around and put the keyboard and mouse on the bed But it s damn hard to use a mouse when you have bedsheets and blankets and other stuff that s soft as a surface Also I can t have any compatibility problems it needs to work with all systems in my house that I may want to connect it to Mac OS Windows XP Vista and Linux Ubuntu and Fedora nbsp

A:I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse

would anyone happen to know, and can give me a step-by-step?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-turn-my-laptop-keyboard-and-trackpad-into-an-all-in-one-keyboard-and-mouse.785581/
Relevancy 49.88%

I m using Excel I know how to work with the worksheet events but my question is a non-worksheet event I found some information but cannot put it to work read I do NOT know how Excel clicks to (VBA) mouse detect to use it I have added a class module which has the following code nothing more nothing less Code Option Explicit Private WithEvents App As Application Attribute App VB Excel (VBA) to detect mouse clicks VarHelpID - Private Sub Class Initialize Set Excel (VBA) to detect mouse clicks App Application End Sub I use a customized Addin which I load when needed and apply the macros within it do carry out different taks on any opened Excel file that is non-macro embedded What I am looking for is some code that instead of using the worksheet events detects if I click the right-mouse button and have it execute a macro I think is interesting or display a pop-up menu etc All these functions I already have in macro embedded files but now want then to be available wtihout needing a macro embedded file Any ideas hints tips whatever are welcome give me a tip of the iceberg and I ll try to locate the rest of it and build around it Thanks in advance for anything you might think can put me on the right track nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

mmk well i have a mouse yeah and anyway it thinks i have a 2 button one but i have like a 2 button with one on the side and yeah so how do i make it know i have the other one, there's probably a disc right? stupid me, lol oh well, have fun knowing stuff i dont

A:Mouse sucks and wont detect right one

Yeah you need the software that came with the mouse if indeed the mouse has programmable buttons, if for some reason it did not come with the software go to the manufactures sight and download and install it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-sucks-and-wont-detect-right-one.164159/
Relevancy 49.88%

Does anyone have any suggestions to get windows to detect my mouse.
I tried a usb mouse and it won't detect that either. I have an adapter with two usb ports and a ps/2 port on it connected to the motherboard.
Not sure if I'm missing the drivers?? Please help...............

A:Windows 98Se will not detect my mouse

Well there a few things that could be wrong here, First of course is a driver issue or it could be that the PS/2 port is dead (although I dont see why) Does your keyboard work?? and does Bios detect that your Mouse is there? it could be a corrupted file in Windows thats all I can really think of. Until then if you have a serial mouse lying around see if that works. or you could try getting an adapter. And for your USB it has to have the drivers installed because 98 didnt support plug and play fro USB or as far as I know it didn't

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-98se-will-not-detect-my-mouse.263323/
Relevancy 49.88%

It's a usb optical mouse, and if I plug it in using the usb port, it says that there was some error detecting the mouse. If I use a ps/2 adapter, nothing happens.
The motherboard is a biostar m6vlb (a VIA chipset, kind of old). Help please, I'm stuck

Relevancy 49.88%

I have a serial port mouse connection. I don't have a serial mouse so, I am using a adapter. When I boot up windows gives a message: Windows didn't detect a mouse, please turn off computer and connect a mouse.

What could I do to fix this?
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello everyone Today I not the detect My motherboard mice. or keyboard does installed an ECS P M T-M motherboard in my PC However when I turn the PC on I noticed that I couldn t use my keyboard at all not even to access any of the BIOS options Furthermore my keyboard behaves as if it isn t connected to a PC If I then My motherboard does not detect the keyboard or mice. allow the PC to boot into Windows the keyboard still did not work and I found that my mouse didn t work either Also my computer doesn t detect a flash drive plugged into any of the motherboard s USB ports but it is detected if plugged into one of the computer case s USB headers I have tried using three different keyboards two USB and PS and two different mice one USB and one PS and none of them work with this motherboard The two USB keyboards and USB mouse do not work whether I plug it into the motherboard s USB ports or the case s USB headers I can t even toggle the Num lock mode for any of the keyboards and the laser in the two mice don t light up either I also tried installing a PCI card that adds My motherboard does not detect the keyboard or mice. USB ports to the computer then plug my mouse and keyboard into that There was a slight improvement in that my one keyboard s calculator function turns on if plugged into the PCI card whereas it stays off if I plug it into the motherboard or case header I still can t toggle Num lock on the keyboards or see any laser light from the mice plugged into the PCI card though Can anyone please help me figure out what is wrong here Help will be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all

I Just bought a Dell Inspiron 7000 gaming laptop (7559 I think) but the backlit keyboard isn't working.
I tried to hit fn - ->, fn f10 fn f7
I also tried to activate the backlit via Bios but there is no such option.

Can you help me how to activate this.?

A:Unable to detect the backlit keyboard

When you first turn on the system, the backlight will flash on for a brief time.  If you don't see that either:
1. The system doesn't have a backlit keyboard (they're not standard on all models),
2.  The backlight is bad.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994655
Relevancy 49.88%

When my systems goes BSOD and restarts I have that screen where I can choose which mode I should restart safe mode etc However Windows doesn't detect my keyboard during that screen and I my doesn't seven windows detect keyboard am forced to wait sec and boot in normal mode automatically Now this wouldn't be that much of a problem but I need to update the defective firmware of one of my HDD And I use a boot disk to do that and of course the boot disk doesn't windows seven doesn't detect my keyboard recognize my keyboard So this became a major problem and I can lost my hdd data anytime now My mouse and keyboards both use an usb port I suspect that I need traditional mouse and keyboard using traditional ports I have a traditional mouse but I do not have a traditional keyboard unfortunately But I have converters from usb to traditional port for both mouse and keyboard What I tested plug-in the traditional mouse and reboot result the traditional mouse is recognized use the usb to traditional port for the mouse and reboot it doesn't recognize the mouse use the usb to traditional port for the keyboad and reboot it doesn't recognize the keyboard Any clue on how to have keyboard recognized as traditional please TIA Edit Keyboard Logitech G refresh Mouse Logitech G

A:windows seven doesn't detect my keyboard

What are your system specs?

Check 'Device Manager' for any yellow triangles, if there are any check for new drivers from your OEM or motherboard website.
You should check for updated drivers even if no yellow triangles.

Can you borrow a keyboard with a PS2 cable, for testing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/127538-windows-seven-doesnt-detect-my-keyboard.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am tying to install recovery mode on my computer due to windows blue screen. When im on the start-up screen where it says press 'R' to in stall. I press 'R' on my computer and nothing happens. I when out and bought a new usb keyboard and that didn't work too. Please can someboby tell me if you can use something else than using a keyboard. Could you tell me if there is a way of fixing this problem. Many thanks.

A:won't detect keyboard in start-up mode

You won't be able to use a USB keyboard except in the windows environment only. If you are working in the BIOS or MS-DOS (pre-boot) you need an adapter for your keyboard to plug it into the keyboard slot. You should have gotten one with the computer. They're really cheap ($2). Here's what it looks like (attachment).
Good Luck!
-Andy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wont-detect-keyboard-in-start-up-mode-157337.html