Windows Support Forum

Download Update for Windows 7, now comp takes about an hour to load windows

Q: Download Update for Windows 7, now comp takes about an hour to load windows

This Toshiba computer had the Windows 7 Updated loaded onto it. Now when the computer starts up I receive the Safe Mode etc...options. I select Start Normally and from there is when it takes about an hour or more to load windows.

When the system finally loads, to click on anything takes about 10 minutes or more to populate anything.

A loading error message is received in the bottom right hand corner which says something about logging in as administrator and loading a disc.

This is my friends computer(previously mine) and I need to get to the pictures and save them in case I'm going to need to reset anything. If someone can tell me how to get at the pictures faster or fixing this without wiping out the pics that would be great. Much appreciated!! Tiff

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Download Update for Windows 7, now comp takes about an hour to load windows

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Download Update for Windows 7, now comp takes about an hour to load windows

Right now I am in safe mode and it's seconds faster but not much and i did not receive that error in the bottom right corner.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/download-update-for-windows-7-now-comp-takes-about-an-hour-to-load-windows-678578.html
Relevancy 104.06%

I have two desktops one is a e machines Been having issues with this thing the past months and have had to do a full system restore times Each time wiping out all data only to work for about a week or two Either it would not boot out of windows stays spinning at the logo or loops endlessly and Safe Mode does nothing to help Well I may have stumbled on the problem Today I had my son switch the Lexmark printer that was on the to his old Dell Dimension since the seemed hour takes an to Windows load about to be a dead cause Well Windows takes about an hour to load when he went to boot it guess what It now loads the logo then goes to a black screen for about minutes then his desktop images for minutes then Windows takes about an hour to load the icons load after another minutes A total of minutes to Windows takes about an hour to load become functional Anybody have any suggestion how to get the working I recovered the Emachines again and we will see how it does without the printer Works fine now but it usually does for a week or so CHKDSK checks out okay by the way Now how do I fix the and not have to wait an hour for my PC to boot

A:Windows takes about an hour to load

First, go to start > run and type "msconfig" without quotes. Go to the startup tab. If you have a lot of programs checked here this could explain slow load times, but only to a degree. You can uncheck unnecessary programs here, but don't reboot immediately once done, just for the sake of time.

Go to start > run and type "eventvwr.msc" w/o quotes. Look in Application and System for any Warning or Error events and post their info back here.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-takes-about-an-hour-to-load-196619.html
Relevancy 98.9%

I have a Thinkpad T420i.  I am running Windows 7.  I last updated it a month ago, and I am trying to update it now.  When I click on Windows Update the progress bar comes up, and the blue progress part moves from left to right.  The last time it took 45 minutes for it to return the updates.  Last night and today it has been running for an hour.  My machine was updated a month ago, so its not as if I have a billion updates needed.  I can't imagine why it is taking so long.  I am on a FIOS network, so network speed wouldn't seem to be the issue.  The computer is not loaded with a lot of applications.  Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be?  Many thanks.  Ken

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Windows-Update-Takes-an-Hour-To-Connect/td-p/3360616
Relevancy 80.41%

Quotes taken boot hour and Windows BSOD then takes message gives to a an from XP support thread here http www techsupportforum com f ad- html Quote Problem Upon boot windows seems to start normally but only until it loads my desktop picture then it stops slows and it can take up to an hour or more to complete the load Windows takes an hour to boot and then gives a BSOD message and place all icons etc on the deskop During this process nothing else works afterwards all seems fine This started a month or so ago and at first Windows takes an hour to boot and then gives a BSOD message it took just a few extra minutes to load That has gotten progressively longer I used to be able to launch task manager to break in and open a separate program but that doesn't work anymore F -ing into safemode works fine and the load goes quickly as expected Virus scans do not detect anything abnormal One interesting note is that once the slow load puts the clock in the lower right corner of the task bar the clock stops keeping time until things return to normal then it shows the correct time The only major change I've made recently in my system that is timed close to the start of this problem was the installation of Bump Top http bumptop com I have since uninstalled that software System OS XP pro SP Dell Dimension E Zone alarm Bit Defender Opera Desktop system Quote Ok I unchecked everything in the msconfig startup and rebooted without any network cable conection to modem and internet There was no change so I left it running and went to do errands When I got back I had a blue screen with the following fatal error message irql not less or equal so i tried it again and watched the process rebooted at task bar and clock appear icons appear at more icons at total by some though have a generic image all icons showing many with generic image Right click on desktop creates hourglass but no menu same blue screen appears again reboot in safe mode to post results The blue screen was new I have not seen it before Quote Speed fan results HDO C Core C Core C DSS file DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by David at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV BitDefender Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated C BB C-B ED- F -A C- BB FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Opera opera exe C Program Files SpeedFan speedfan exe C Documents and Settings David Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us uDefault Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ibd uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla DLASHX W DLL BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B E dll BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files bae BAE dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker BHO f d b -da b- daf- e -... Read more

A:Windows takes an hour to boot and then gives a BSOD message

Hello birdjaguar,

I'm not seeing any malware in your logs.

Quote:

The blue screen was new I have not seen it before.

What is the exact error message?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-takes-an-hour-to-boot-and-then-gives-a-bsod-message-378810.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi I've run all kinds of scanners so far and still have had no success in getting rid of the spyware malware or virus I have Whenever I try Update Load Cannot download Ad-Aware and Website, Updates, Windows more! to go to the MS Cannot Load Windows Update Website, download Ad-Aware Updates, and more! Update website Cannot Load Windows Update Website, download Ad-Aware Updates, and more! IE shows the URL as quot http windowsupdate microsoft com quot however it takes me to the Google english version home page When I try to click Cannot Load Windows Update Website, download Ad-Aware Updates, and more! on search links in Google after running a search it takes me to some random ad website on the first click and if I go back to the search listings and click on the link a second time it will actually go through to the desired website Further on trying to go to the Lavasoft updates website it will not allow me to download the updates When I click on the link for the download it takes me to the IE cannot display webpage notification The link I am trying to download from is http dlserver download lavasoft com public defs zip I cannot run the internal update options on Spybot or Ad-Aware either as they say they cannot connect to the server In short there is something definitely wrong and after running extensive searches and applications of all sorts I have tried Trend Micro online scanner Panda Security's online scanner Spybot Ad-Aware SpyDoctor Microsoft Live Online Scanner Symantec Antivirus and more I've even installed Autorun Eater and TeaTimer to try to get to the bottom of this and to no avail I think its time to let the pros here take a look Thank you for your help in advance I've followed the guide on posting a new issue and have attached the logs as instructed DDS TXT------------------------------DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by K at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exeC Program Files Dell Network Assistant hnm svc exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC WINDOWS system KADxMain exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exeC Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVD exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exeC Program Files Autorun Eater oldmcdonald exeC Program Files DellAutomatedPCTuneUp PTAgnt exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Autorun Eater billy exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Southwest Airlines Ding Ding exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Documents and Settings K Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp partnerpage google com smallbiz dell com en us hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us-smb amp ibd BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient d... Read more

A:Cannot Load Windows Update Website, download Ad-Aware Updates, and more!

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199411/cannot-load-windows-update-website-download-ad-aware-updates-and-more/
Relevancy 74.82%

when i restart my comp it takes a long time to come too, and when it does it may freeze or take a very long time to load

ive gone into safe mode and run clean up and checked my hijackthis log and everything looks clean.

spyware appz show nothing either

any suggestions as to why its taking so long to load up and why it freezes while loading?

A:comp slows down and takes long time to load/freezes

Try doing a clean boot to see if it is a problem with one of the programs that loads at start up. Take a look at the link below to see how to do a clean boot. Let us know if this fixes the problem or not. This will better help to determine if it is hardware or software issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q310353

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/comp-slows-down-and-takes-long-time-to-load-freezes-86385.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have just done a full new install of windows x/p and it has been running suberb for the 3 or 4 days that I have had it up and running..
I have all spyware and anti virus and firewalls enabled so I cant see a problem with anything there and I use mozilla browser as well with spyblaster cookies enable.

Whats happened on the laste couple of times is that it takes a while to go from the welcom screen and then when the dektop appears it takes about 15seconds before any icons appear on the desktop and then it starts loading my programs in the start up menue.

Why is it taking soooooooooooooooooooooo long to load the icons on the desktop.

Relevancy 70.95%

Both 2 windows 7 OS 32bit and 64bit install on 2 different hdd take forever to "starting windows". I can use the repair windows option thought it can find nothing to repair

this is my system log i acquired 2 days ago

http://www.sevenforums.com/attachmen...-mano-bsod.zip

A:Windows takes forever to load

Hi

1. please update your profile specs...

2. I have a feeling you have overclocked you Bios ..... as the ACPI temperatures are seriously wrong.... There were few restarts at high temperature...

3. the system logs you have attached is not complete.... please save the logs directly from event viewer.. and upload here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/245730-windows-takes-forever-load.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Having a problem with Windows 7 in that it takes forever to load and the network icon spins and spins. In a about 15 minutes everything returns to normal. If I go into safe mode with networking it loads very quickly. Have tried to disable all non-MS services does not make a difference. Have also tried normal and selective startup. Check for latest drivers/firmware updates. Performed the usual cleanup and check disk. SFC did not find any missing or corrupt files. Scanned and removed malware. Waiting for it to reload to look at event viewer logs.

Grateful for any assistance.

Win7 64bit SP1
Compaq Presario CQ5123F
CPU Pentium Duo Core E2500
Realtek Network PCI (latest drivers installed)
Realtek Audio (latest drivers installed)
Intel G33 video display
MS Office XP
Cantax
MS Security Essentials
Malwarebytes
Brother HL 440n printer

A:Windows 7 takes forever to load

Work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237854-windows-7-takes-forever-load.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have had this problem for a long time now and I've exhausted all of my abilities to determine the cause When I restart or coldboot my desktop PC it takes about minutes to get past the windows startup loading personal settings screen then takes me to where it loads the desktop At this point I can see my desktop picture but no task bar start menu at the bottom and no icons It doesn't sound like there is anything happening with the computer during this time but if I leave it be for about minutes it almost to 30 minutes load XP Help....Windows takes will eventually complete the startup process This of course is very frustrating When it first occurred I chose the quot Help....Windows XP takes almost 30 minutes to load last known good config quot option same problem I did a system restore back to a point prior to recent changes problem still existed I can start in safe mode which Help....Windows XP takes almost 30 minutes to load still takes a bit long I have now started with bootlog and have that file There are a whole bunch of drivers on there that haven't loaded and I'm wondering if this is the problem Would someone be able to have a look at that file for me to maybe give me some insight Oh and I have run my Norton anti-virus which came up clean as well as Spybot S amp D and Trendmicro HouseCall which both came up clean also Any help would be appreciated

A:Help....Windows XP takes almost 30 minutes to load

Hi,
most of them which aren't loading are system files.
This is most probably the cause.
Click on start, Run, Chkdsk /f
It may tell you to restart, do so, and let it scan.

If that doesn't work, get your XP CD, boot it up and use the repair option, use this to help you:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-windows-xp-takes-almost-30-minutes-to-load-160255.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi ! I'm running Windows Office 7 on my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. When I bring up MS Outlook, it is taking anywhere from 1.5 to 2 minutes to start. The screen comes up and says "loading", but takes forever to bring up my emails. It used to be much faster. I'm wondering if a Windows Update download had anything to do with this. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
rjoeng

A:Windows Outlook takes 2 min. to load

Welcome to Seven Forums.

As a starting point, Have you tried all the usual stuff like defrag your drive(s), run Disk clean up and so on?

Also, if you have a lot of emails in your inbox you should move them to sub folders.

Once you have Outlook running also try compacting your PST file - How to compact PST and OST files to eliminate deleted item space in Outlook

Another thing you can try is to "repair" the PST file, in case it has become corrupted.. Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost) - Outlook - Office.com

hth
Tanya

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/323841-windows-outlook-takes-2-min-load.html
Relevancy 70.95%

My wifes computer has been acting up lately by lagging. I tried to do a defrag, but when I went to log onto the computer the next day, It took over two hours for windows to open. I am trying to do some of the fixes suggested for Start up repair, but I can not even get it to come up to open the replacement disc.

I make it to the password screen and then I get the Welcome screen, but then it just shows the moving circle, but nevers opens.

Oh and by the way, I am another one who has no idea about computers other than how to turn them on, and I screwed that up!!

Please help before my wife kills me!!!

A:Windows takes or two hours to load

boot into safe mode...............restart your pc then tap th F8 key about once every second till yuor presented with a list of options

pick the safemode option (just safemode not with networking or anything) you use your up down arrows to highlight then return to select

when it boots into safemode (hopefully much faster) do this (i copied this from microsofts site to save time ...........

Click StartCollapse this imageExpand this image

, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

Collapse this imageExpand this image

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All. Click OK. When you are prompted, click Restart.
then reboot as normal see how long it takes , if it works come back and we can talk you through what to do next

if it doesnt work , or if it still takes an age to boot into safemode even we need to look into the operating system possibly being faulty

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/242451-windows-takes-two-hours-load.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello I have had my Windows Pro x install since February Now I think it is time to deal with this once and for takes 1m to load 20s Windows startup items all I have an extremely powerful computer k gb ram RIVE Pro SSD so hardware is not the problem I recently got another Windows enterprise laptop not to compare with and it boots at exactly the Windows takes 1m 20s to load startup items same time as my desktop but the laptop loads all startup items within - sec but my desktop takes as said minute and seconds each time I have used this guide and many similar Startup Delay Time - Reduce in Windows but those doesn't help I once changed the value to minutes in milliseconds and it took minutes but when I change to milliseconds or lets say ms for second it still takes min and seconds On my laptop I can change the value StartupDelayInMSec however I want and it will work but I cannot have it low on my desktop and make it launch all startup items below min and sec Help for this would be much appreaciated

A:Windows takes 1m 20s to load startup items

Have you tried disabling all your startup items, then re-measuring startup? Then adding items back one at a time to find out what is slow?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/54680-windows-takes-1m-20s-load-startup-items.html
Relevancy 70.09%

hi

It takes a long time around 10 mins to completely load windows xp and LAN gets loaded at last.

Followin are sum details abt ma machine:-

os-windows xp sp2
RAM-128mb
network card-in built on mother board
Antivirus-Mcafee VSE 8.7.0i
Firewall-enabled

plz reply n help me out
thanx

A:LAN takes a long time to load in windows xp sp2

Hi and welcome to TSF

Just how old is this PC, especially the hard drive?

Does it work OK after it is up and running ?

Needless to say, it always going to be on the slow side with only 128 RAM.
XP should have 512 RAM to make it run good.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lan-takes-a-long-time-to-load-in-windows-xp-sp2-465468.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Whenever I power on my laptop, the screen takes like 20 miuntes or more to turn on and show the windows Logo and starts booting, after that, the laptop runs normally. I'm not sure if this is related, but the laptop has two graphics cards, Intel and AMD. The Amd Radeon graphics card was disabled sometime ago and the laptop is only running on the Intel card. As far as I remember, the amd had some problems with the resolution so we had to turn it off.  Any idea what is causing this?

A:Laptop takes 20 minutes to load windows

BasharFaris That long a delay implies that the hard drive controller is encountering failing sectors. Instead of reading hundres of sectors a second, when the controller encounters a failing sector, it rereads the same sector, over and over hundreds of times, until it times out.With it probably spending only 15 minutes doing this, the good news is that you probably have only a few bad sectors, so the drive is still usable.You should run CHKDSK on your drive to check it out.To do that, in the Start menu, right-click on Computer and select Open.Then, right-click on the C drive and select properties.Then, Tools, and then Error checking.It will ask you to reboot to do the check (as it can't do that while Windows is running).When it reboots, it will run the CHKDSK utility. See if it reports finding any bad sectors.If it does, it should mark them as bad, and after that, your PC should boot much faster. But if the PC continues to boot very slowly, that implies you have a failing drive that needs to be replaced.Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-takes-20-minutes-to-load-windows/td-p/5797008
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello to you all I have a new computer weeks old It's a Asus Vintage with Windows Vista home premium I usually leave the computer on but when I shut it down overnight the next morning it takes about minutes to load up The green bar things go across and stop and then start up again moving a bit and then stop again like it's looking for a start up point Once the computer starts up we are not connected to the internet and then spend ages onto service provider to get connected again Yesterday they couldn't fix it for us but we put in the belkin disc and it connected to the internet again We have been told it could be a soft wear problem The softwear we have installed since we got the new computer is - Microsoft Office Home amp Student - Kodak for my Camera - Adobe Photoshop - Cannon Pixma ip Printer - Belkin Router We had a IT man come and install - AVG free edition - he got rid of our Norton - he installed CC cleaner - he got rid of Incredimail and last night the mouse died up? Windows to 20 mins Vista takes load and wouldn't work I only use the computer to store photos of my clothing designs and spread sheets etc Any help or ideas on this issue would be appreciated and I really don't understand computers all that well not the technical stuff but I will do my best if you have any ideas Thanks Love amp Light emerald-fairy www enchanted-emerald-forest com

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-takes-20-mins-to-load-up-315087.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey everyone My Windows Vista Home Premium computer bit has been taking increasingly longer to load lately Once the loading of all Windows load to minutes several completely takes the start-up programs has finished it is as fast as it is supposed to be but the start-up process is incredibly slow It doesn t take long for it to get to the Windows log on screen or for the desktop to load but it takes forever for all of my programs to load I don t really know why either I really don t have that many start-up programs I just defragmented my hard drive a week or so ago and I believe I have plenty of free RAM I am rather puzzled by this Could someone please help me out Oh Windows takes several minutes to completely load and by the way I just ran a quick scan with Malware Bytes Anti-Malware and it found pieces of malware which I removed It then required a restart of the system so I let it restart The removal of these pieces of malware did not speed up the loading Windows takes several minutes to completely load process of Windows Windows takes several minutes to completely load nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

Hi All This is hopefully a quick and easy question When I boot up my computer it takes ages / Windows takes to load Computer roughly minutes to load This may not sound like long but when your sitting there waiting for it it s a lifetime I have to wait for certain programs to load before my computer will let me do anything If I try to start something before it s ready then it will either take a long time to load or it will crash Is there a way to check my computer to see why it s taking so long and to shut down programs that don t need to run on start up It s not a major issue but I would like to know if it s possible to do I am running a Qtech Celeron Intel CPU Ghz mb Ram Windows XP Home Edition SP g Hard Drive g available The items that run on start up that I know about are MSN Messenger Panda Titanium Anti Virus Pop-Up Stopper Kodak Easy Share Let me know if there s any other information that you would like Thanks in advance Windows / Computer takes ages to load nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

When I turn on my PC it takes nearly 20 minutes to get to the part where I have to choose which user to log on to. After i choose to log on to my account it takes about another 5 minutes before Desktop shows and then another 5 minutes for all to start up. I have used Advanced Windows Care V2, Ccleaner, Regcure, Ncleaner, Ashampoo Winoptimizer and Winmemopt.
I also Scanned with my AVG, Ad-aware, Spybot and Spyware terminator. I have also managed all my startup items at msconfig and disabled some unnecessary services at services.msc. Ive tried just about everything known to man but still my PC takes so long to do anything. its been like this for a while now and its never been this slow.

A:Pc Takes Long To Load Windows After I Switch It On

Would be nice if i could get helped before my lan tonight...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128684/pc-takes-long-to-load-windows-after-i-switch-it-on/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi fellas
I'm not an expert at all so please guide me out in detail. I own a Dell Inspiron 15R laptop with 4gb RAM and 1TB hard disk with roughly 715gb of free space. When i boot the laptop, it takes me roughly 15+ mins to reach the administrative password screen and additional 5 to 10 mins to reach the desktop. I dont have any viruses according to my McAffee scans and nor do I have too many heavy softwares installed (only Adobe's photoshop, after effects and premiere which could be called heavy). What's wrong? I'm tired of figuring it out and tech babble on most forums wore me out.. Please help urgently! 

A:Windows 7 takes 20+ minutes to load fully

Hi, I've seen this problem with a heavily Malware infested computer.
Note: that McAfee does not catch everything, No Antivirus does.

Next possible cause is the hard drive going bad. To test the drive since it is a Dell.
Turn the computer on and when the Dell logo appears start Pressing F12 and choose Diagnostics from the device startup menu. You can run memory and hard drive diagnostics from the diagnostic partition that way.
More Detailed info here: http://www.cs.utexas.edu/~deke/laptopsupport/manuals/d600/diag.htm

Next possibility, Bad memory being excluded from use by the BIOS or memory that just isn't there. Are you sure you still have 4Gb?
When the Dell logo appears Press F2 for the BIOS setup and see how much memory is showing.

Also a Non Dell AC adapter can cause their laptops to run slower.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503602/windows-7-takes-20-minutes-to-load-fully/
Relevancy 69.23%

I'm running windows 7 64 and whenever I start up my laptop windows 7 takes forever to load my network. You can see it doing that loading symbol over where the white bars would be on the bottom right of the task bar. Idk why it does this but I think it has something to do with windows gadget taking long to load as-well because ever since this started, so has windows gadgets taking forever to load. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this because it takes around 2 min to connect.

A:Windows start up takes forever to load network

Here is the video of my problem, maybe this will help

http://www.youtube.com/embed/K8ZCF8ywMQ8

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-start-up-takes-forever-to-load-network.163465/
Relevancy 69.23%

My problem When starting any new Windows Explorer window it takes a minimum of seconds to show the window My HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C PROGRA COMMON Stardock SDMCP exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Program Files Norton Long To Time Windows Explorer Load Takes AntiVirus navapsvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Windows Explorer Takes Long Time To Load system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Streamload MediaMax XL MediaMaxXLService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe c Program Windows Explorer Takes Long Time To Load Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video CameraAssistant exe C WINDOWS system ElkCtrl exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files CursorXP CursorXP exe C Program Files iolo Search and Recover DiskImageService exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA MESSEN msmsgs exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exe C Program Files Rainlendar Rainlendar exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings HP Owner My Documents HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US am... Read more

Relevancy 69.23%

I've noticed that lately when I turn my laptop on, it takes forever for the desktop to load and then when I click on IE, my home page doesn't want to open until I've used task manager several times to stop the program from running. I have AVG free version and I'm very careful of where I search and what I open. I've done virus scans from online and with AVG, I've deleted several programs I had on my computer, etc. Nothing seems to help. I did the ComboFix scan and have the log saved to my notepad. It did not seem to help. This is as far as I've gotten. I am not very computer literate, but when I do try something from different posts, I've been successful. I don't know if I have programs fighting each other to open, or what, Can anyone help?

A:windows and home page takes forever to load

Please download and run Process Explorerhttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896653.aspxUnder file and save as, create a log and post here copy and paste into a reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/224494/windows-and-home-page-takes-forever-to-load/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi

I'm pretty sure this is an hardware problem and not a software problem.

When booting the PC the windows xp boot screen loads longer than any computer i have ever seen .

1. It can't be a virus as when i format it still happens

2. I've even tried different Hard Drives so i dont think its that (Recently Bought new 1)

3.I've also used different copies of windows XP (My disk & My brother's Disk)

Any ideas maybe ?
---------------
PC Specs
---------------
Windows Xp Home SP2
CPU = AMD Athlon 64 X2 DUAL 5000+ ( 2.81GHZ )
RAM = 2x2gb OCZ GOLD ddr2 pc2 6400 (only shows 3.25gb , I do know why !)
Motherboard = ASUS M2N-ESLI NVIDIA

Thanks Joe.

A:Windows takes ages to load (Hardware Related ?)

You may have narrowed it down to memory (though the drive and its configuration may be at fault, too):

MemScope (Floppy and CD images.)
Microsoft Memory Test (floppy or CD ISO image)
Memtest86

If you have enough memory sticks, you can test them by removing one at a time and see if the problem disappears.

If you are running Vista and can boot up, go to Start > Search and type:

mdsched.exe

Choose to run a memory diagnostic on next boot. Or, you can boot from the DVD and run it from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-takes-ages-to-load-hardware-related.758470/
Relevancy 69.23%

What's going on with the icon on my taskbar? It takes 22 seconds to load Explorer. Every other link to a folder in Explorer is practically instantaneous, including the links in Start Menu.

A:Windows Explorer takes a long time to load?

You can try unpinning the Windows Explorer icon from the taskbar, then type Windows Explorer in the search function on the Start Menu. It should display Windows Explorer on the top of the search results, right click that and pin to taskbar.

Have you looked into the issue that maybe this is because of malware that is slowing down Windows Explorer when launched from the taskbar icon?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/159980-windows-explorer-takes-long-time-load.html
Relevancy 69.23%

When I boot up my computer, Windows Explorer and all the software wont get started up. They take too much time to load up. I Have to wait nearly 4-5 minutes to do work! Need help!

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit.

A:Windows Explorer takes too much time to load after the startup.

nayakgrv

Take a look inside msconfig

Uncheck everything but the Anti-virus software inside the Startup tab

Click on type msconfig inside Search programs and files press <ENTER> when you see MSCONFIG under Programs (1) .

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/292376-windows-explorer-takes-too-much-time-load-after-startup.html
Relevancy 69.23%

When i start my PC, it usually takes a long time to load all the programs at startup, i went to msconfig and disabled all the items from there, i have my NORTON03 updated, did my windows updates recently, but that havent help me at all, i have ran out of ideas now, what can i do in order to have my windows XP load and start faster like it used to be!

PLs help me guys KIT!
Spykee.32

Relevancy 69.23%

Hello for some reason windows takes forever to load and shutdown before I reinstall windows I thought someone may know my problem. My computer loads and boots to the signup screen in like 5 seconds. But when I log into windows it takes about 1 minute or so for everything to load. I can see the desktop and icons but if I click on an icon or try opening a program it doesn't work or freezes. It didn't use to do this I dont have that much on my computer. 600GB of a 1 terabyte hardrive is all I have installed. I used to actually have 900GB of random junk on this computer and it windows would load no problem. My specs are: Intel i5-3450 @3.10Ghz , 8GB of RAM , and a NVIDIA GT 640. Oh I also have a terabyte hardrive wich I mentioned.

A:Windows 7 takes unusual time to load and shutdown.

You can see what's running at startup with 'Autoruns'. Read this Autoruns for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323330-windows-7-takes-unusual-time-load-shutdown.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

I am experiencing strange problem with my Windows XP machine. After Windows XP starts up - my machine hangs for 5 minutes and wait for the Security Center's Firewall alert pop-up. During this time, I can access my computer and other files, but most of the programs don't launch. Also the internet doesn't work till this time. Only after the Windows Security Center's pop-up appears saying "Your firewall is turned off" does the machine starts properly.
This alert vanishes after a second or so and then the internet connection icon appears in the task bar.
I had avast anti-virus installed on my machine and I read on a couple of forums that this might be causing the particular problem - so I've uninstalled avast and installed AVG antivirus.
Still the problem is persisting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

A:[SOLVED] Windows XP takes long time to load programs

so you get a message that the firewall is turned off? How long has that been happening, does it turn itself on at all. My suggestion would be to post on our malware forum; there is a sticky at the top of that forum to explain what they need from you to start with. However I do see that you were able to uninstall avast and install avg. Do you have malwarebytes installed at all. Perhaps firstly you could try a scan with avg and see if it shows anything, and download malwarebytes and scan with that. I suggest these things because you get the message about your firewall being turned off which doesn't seem right.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-xp-takes-long-time-to-load-programs-591265.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I recently purchased a new custom computer. It has an amd3000 processor and a gb of memory. When I turn on my computer it takes about 3-5 mins to load the windows loading screen. It turns into a black screen before the windows loading screen loads. After windows loads I can click on my account and it loads up pretty fast. Please help me with my problem.

Relevancy 68.37%

i'm on a dell 545s when i enter my password i press enter nothing happens it freezes then welcome screen loads for a minute this just started last week

A:windows 7 64 bit home premium startup takes a minute to load

Hit Win key (flag)+R, type 'msconfig' (w/o the quotes), browse to startup tab and post a screenshot here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/222805-windows-7-64-bit-home-premium-startup-takes-minute-load.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, I'm running 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium, SP2, with 12 GB RAM and an i7 980x on an SSD operating drive. On my internal data drive, which is a SATA III, there's one folder that takes for-freakin-ever to open in Windows Explorer. It's a folder of about 50 HD movie clips taken with my home HD camcorder. Each is about 2-5 minutes in length.

When I open the folder, it takes forever to open and display the files. Like 5-10 minutes of the shimmering green bar on top. Under folder options, it's already optimized for videos. I've also had the archiving and indexing options unchecked. So what's the problem here? What can I do? Please let me know. It's very annoying.

A:Video folder takes ages to load in Windows Explorer

under Folder Properties, go to Customize and set it for General Items, and the folder will load instantly.

Folder Template - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/171285-video-folder-takes-ages-load-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I m using Windows XP SP For the past several seconds Explorer takes locks Windows up load, about to randomly 20-40 months Windows Explorer had been slow to open maybe about - seconds but since it wasn t THAT long I just lived with it Unfortuantely recently it Windows Explorer takes about 20-40 seconds to load, locks up randomly has begun taking much longer - seconds as well as randomly locking up and crashing Symptoms - It s happening in any Windows Explorer window If I press Ctrl-E it happens as well as using a folder shortcut to open My Documents although if I open My Documents the wait is only about - seconds - When pressing Ctrl-E there is a delay of about - seconds before Windows Explorer opens at all It then opens with an hour glass shows me my drives folders but without icons next to them The hour glass stays for about - seconds until finally I can click on something When navigating through Windows Explorer opening a new drive or a folder that contains a lot of files oftentimes causes it to lock up for about seconds as the hard drive spins loudly - When returning to my desktop typically about of the desktop items have the default quot Can t find the icon quot icon that windows uses Slowly over the course of about seconds the correct icons load and I hear the hard drive spinning loudly - Lately I ve also been occasionally getting blue screens reboots What I ve done - Updated and done full system scan with AVG free Found nothing - Updated and done full system scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Found nothing - Performed a clean boot Had same problem with Windows Explorer delay - Ran Windows Debugger on the minidump file that was created of the last BSOD I won t post the whole thing here but the last line came back with quot Probably caused by MA sys MA quot which is a driver for my M-Audio external USB ASIO sound device This has been working fine and the driver hasn t been updated since XP was first installed on this machine - Ran Chkdsk r on C found nothing - Ran SMART test on all hard disks passed And now I m running out of ideas so I thought I d post here and see if anyone had any additional ideas I know typically you request a HJT log but I wanted to post to make sure I didn t miss any obvious steps before I posted that The odd thing is no other programs seem to be running slow Firefox IE Office etc all run fine Additionally when I browse files through another program like using the quot Save as quot file option all folders load quickly and there is no delay It s just Windows Explorer and of course the occasional BSOD which is a pain that happens about once a week I m getting to the end of my rope and tempted to just do a clean re-install of XP but I m hoping to upgade to Windows next month anyway so I d like to try to get this install of XP to last until then Thanks for any help

A:Windows Explorer takes about 20-40 seconds to load, locks up randomly

FWIW: A damaged system file...may not show any observable impact to the user from damage...but it may be reflected in system operation. The fact that any driver for a device...appears to be working properly...can be superficial and erroneous.It's also good to remember that in a system...something wrong with one file may manifest itself in a malfunction of something else. Examples are all the various types of memory errors...which are really caused by something other than memory but manifest themselves in the functioning of system memory.If you have a .dmp error file which fingers a given driver as having problems...IMO, it's having problems.At the least, I would uninstall it and then reinstall it.It might be a good idea (certainly won't hurt) to run the sfc /scannow command. This is designed to detect and replace any damaged or missing system files.How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43051/how-to-use-sfcexe-to-repair-system-files/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260254/windows-explorer-takes-about-20-40-seconds-to-load-locks-up-randomly/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi All,

I've looked on a few forums and at several threads to see if I can find a solution apart from reloading Windows.

Basically, for the past few months the laptop boots fine up until it comes to loading up the desktop. I enter my password in fine and then it takes about 20 minutes for it to become responsive.

For me, it's not a major issue, I just came on here looking if there is any advice out there.

A:Windows Desktop Takes 20+ minutes to load from entering Password

I would start by running full AV and malware scans (but not at the same time)
Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows
Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer

If no progress try establishing a clean boot to see if any programs are bogging down
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Give it a go and let us know how you get on

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/310502-windows-desktop-takes-20-minutes-load-entering-password.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I recently built a new computer. I started it up and everything seems to be running fine. I also set the bio settings to boot from my dvd/cd drive. When i put in the windows disk it goes through the legal agreement and asks all the common questions of a setup. However, when it gets to the installation point a message comes up saying that the disk cannot be read or it is not a valid windows disk. I may have used this same windows disk on a different computer at one time but shouldn't it let me install it a second time on a different computer? If not what else could the problem be?

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello all,
I have been having a problem with the Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation in that when I try to download it, I fill out my info and it takes me to a Windows Server 2012 page! Why is this happening.

Here is a screencast demonstrating my problem (I cut out the part where I fill in my personal info):

Click Here

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dakota

P.S. I tried with a brand new Microsoft Account, and in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Exploder (Oops, I mean internet explorer)

A:Win8 Enterprise Eval download takes me to Windows Server

I am getting the same thing.

Problem at MS end, perhaps.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/24415-win8-enterprise-eval-download-takes-me-windows-server.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I use Toshiba Satellite Laptop with Windows XP Prof to time takes a from unlocking long saver Windows load screen SP After - minutes of idle time my laptop launches a plan screen saver When i move the mouse i get the Windows logon Since i am part of Windows unlocking from a screen saver takes long time to load my corporate AD i have to provide my credentials After giving the credentials its taking almost minutes to launch the screen till then i only see an empty blue screen during this minutes my mouse is functional Following are some of the two major things i did but still have the same problem Display properties Screen saver tab Screen saver drop down says Windows XP Wait is minutes and the check box quot On resume password protect quot is enabled But all these controls are completely disabled with the above values When i click the Settings button i get the following message quot This screen saver has no options that you can set quot Since i wanted to completely disable this screen saver options i went to gpedit msc then went to User Configuration- gt Administrative Templates- gt Control Panel- gt Display and disabled the following settings a Screen Saver b Password protect the screen saver c Screen Saver timeout Also one more information i did all this through my AD user login in my laptop This user is given administrative privileges Since i have the toshiba power saver configured i went in to toshiba power saver settings and made the settings as NEVER for Monitor Turn off and Hard disk turn off for the all the power profiles Anybody can help me nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Hey guys

After buying my laptop, after about a month Windows explorer ( Computer ( my computer for some ) Control panel,My documents etc...) Takes a long time to load

After i click on any one, it hows me a white screen ( not the whole screen, just middle ), with the vista loading icon, and after about 1 minute, it appears, but one im inside any windows explorer, i can go to the other with no problem

Example

I open my computer, takes about a min to load, after that, i can go to documents etc... with no load

JUst this opening that bugs me
Thanks

A:Computer, control panel etc... takes long to load ( windows explorer )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-control-panel-etc-takes-long-to-load-windows-explorer.806797/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello Yesterday I allowed Windows Update to install whatever it was nagging me about this was about am slow ridiculously hour after boot Update, Desktop Win7 Windows 1 I think After the restart so it could finish the installations I found that it took ages to Win7 Desktop ridiculously slow after Windows Update, 1 hour boot boot back into Windows at which point launching and using any program is sluggish to the point of nearly being unusable A window slowly fades in takes about four seconds Firefox which I'm using now takes just as long to open a tab and typing is delayed just enough that I have to wait for the sentence to catch up Also Yahoo has become my default search engine I don't know if this is directly related but it's suspicious anyway I work in Photoshop which is absolutely impossible at this point I tried restoring back to September th which reportedly succeeded but has made no change I wrote down the boot process this morning as it slogged past - Digits pop up on a black screen B A A A A seem to be the same numbers that appear though not this slowly It takes a few minutes to go through all of them then it sits on A until- - Goes black Some time after this maybe a minute or so the 'MSI Military Class II' logo slowly slowly loads in chunks from the top this takes about seconds - Logo slowly fades to black about seconds - A blinking prompt appears disappears after a few minutes reappears - Goes black - Login finally appears I'd checked on 'No GUI' in the boot options so this is actually faster than before Can log in just fine Windows comes up fairly promptly So I don't know Is this an infection a driver conflict failing hardware I'd like to blame Windows Update but I doubt it's that easy I have a Window upgrade that I was going to go ahead and try but my external DVD drive is no longer recognized though it works on my old laptop Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack Build Intel Core i - k CPU GHz GB RAM Thanks for any assistance -Taylor

A:Win7 Desktop ridiculously slow after Windows Update, 1 hour boot

Update:  I restarted again, I let it install whatever updates it had lined up, presumably the same ones I reverted from.  I took out half of my RAM and turned it back on, it booted up perfectly fine and went straight to Windows without a problem.  I restarted again, put the RAM back and it's still working.  I can only assume that one of the updates installed incorrectly and it was fixed the second time around.  I'm still having issues with USB it looks like, but that's probably not an 'Am I Infected' issue.  I suppose this can be closed. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507232/win7-desktop-ridiculously-slow-after-windows-update-1-hour-boot/
Relevancy 67.51%

Greetings I have an OEM Inspiron w Vista gb RAM Intel Celeron GHz The computer boots gets to the Windows logo screen with the USB load when from trying to Comp and Windows CD HD, hangs green activity bar on the bottom and freezes The bar never even begins moving it gets to that screen and just stops I tried the boot options of restoring to previous config safe mode etc et al every option Comp hangs when trying to load Windows from HD, CD and USB gets to that point and stops I tried the system restore from both the hidden partition and from the CD that came with the computer same thing I tried using a Vista Recovery CD same I tried an actual Vista install CD same I have a Boot Disk CD for running diags the system boots to that CD fine and I've run every diagnostic on the system hardware and no errors are found everything passes The boot disk comes with an option to load a 'Mini Windows XP' when I try to load it the exact same thing happens it gets to the WinXP logo screen and stops I even tried running it with the HD unplugged and still the same I've taken out the RAM and reinstalled unplugged the Mboard and plugged back in Formatted the disk deleted partitions and recreated nothing is working I Comp hangs when trying to load Windows from HD, CD and USB have a bootable USB stick with a WinXP install disk on it The computer boots to the USB stick fine and begins WinXP setup loads the files and then stops at the loading windows screen Again I've done all this with and w o the hard drive plugged in I've tried installing Win Comp hangs when trying to load Windows from HD, CD and USB Vista XP and even none will work I'm stymied any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Comp hangs when trying to load Windows from HD, CD and USB

As best as I can find, so far, the specs for the Dell Inspiron 537 are as follows
-2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 processor
-4GB dual-channel DDR2 SDRAM
-640GB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive
-16X DVD /-RW drive
--Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

The only thing that might be the problem is that the CPU is not the original one that was fitted at the factory.

Perhaps you can tell us whether you have added or changed any components?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/comp-hangs-when-trying-to-load-windows-from-hd-cd-and-usb-645670.html
Relevancy 67.51%

My computer Intel Pentium a Ghz SOYO P during HELP Load down shuts Windows Comp VDA Motherboard HELP Comp shuts down during Windows Load RAM RaidMax W Power Supply GeForce Ti Western Digital GB X DVD ROM was running Windows Professional The problem has somewhat evolved over time so I shall describe what I have noticed I have had this computer since October of and everything had been more or less working fine A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the computer s fans would sometimes stay on even though I had shut down Windows One day I could not turn it on but had to switch off and on the switch on the power supply to get the main switch to work A couple of days later it stopped working completely It would load Windows until the loading bar reached full then turn off suddenly Sometimes the fans kept running Here is what I have done to attempt to locate and fix the problem NOT the power supply I bought and installed a new one NOT the video card switched with a known working one NOT the hard drive or Windows I reformatted the hard drive through another computer and tried to install Windows again Now it boots from the windows CD and goes until it says Starting Windows then shuts off suddenly again So that leaves motherboard processor or RAM I would really appreciate any suggestions Thanks Just a side question when I took off the processor some of the themal stuff was stuck to the chip and some was stuck to the heat sink is it supposed to be like that If so is it still usable like that nbsp

A:HELP Comp shuts down during Windows Load

Just a side question… when I took off the processor, some of the themal stuff was stuck to the chip and some was stuck to the heat sink, is it supposed to be like that? If so, is it still usable like that?)Click to expand...

Always best to clean both surfaces and re-apply new compound.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-comp-shuts-down-during-windows-load.141807/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi Just got a new computer Put it together and seated everything using an quot old quot dvd-cd rom and a gig sata HD Everything else is brand new Once started in loads into the post and once past that it goes to the windows safe mode start screen Given the option to start windows normaly i tried that first thinking it might load my old hd copy of windows but it will show the windows logo and start loading then flash load comp New wont windows or cd-rom a blue screen and re-start Back to the post This will loop regardless of safe mode options Went into the bios and set it to load cd-rom first thinking i might be able to repair with the windows cd Restarted and runs post then starts to check cd then runs to windows safe mode screen waits for timer then restarts Thinking i might have damaged the HD in the install i went a bought a new one gig western digital sata Installed and still nothing Ram problem possibly I know some things about comps but this ones New comp wont load cd-rom or windows is stumping me Help please -Evga nforce i sli mobo - gig mb mhz dual core intell - gig of corsair ddr ram -BFG geforce gts mb nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

I am trying to solve this problem for a client. They have a Windows 2003 server,
and 4 windows XP workstations, and 2 Windows 2000 Professional workstations which
are part of a domain. The 2 windows 2k workstations take about 15 - 20 minutes
to load. When they get to the step where they load the personal settings and computer
settings, it takes forever. We have had no problems with the windows XP workstations,
and the problem just started recently with the Win2k machines. Im wondering if this is some kind of new Win2k problem with loading the settings from the server or what the cause is. Once the machine loads it runs perfectly.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Relevancy 67.08%

Hello Man oh man Ok I have had the about blank problem for a while now I see that it is a popular hijack problem Anyway I ran adaware with updated ref files and all of these new files popped up I did not look extremely carefully I have never experienced adaware bringing something up that did not need to be deleted checked all and clicked fix kiks self Ok restarted my computer everything is fine and dandy I try to listen to one of my cd s and windows media player reports back that there is an error Naturally I check my logfile and realized that I deleted a windows media player file oops I go back into adaware undo the fix so that i can repeat the process without deleting that file Computer starts up fine (Hijack windows Big Problems to long [about:blank], time takes Solved: load I run adaware and step out for a second I Solved: Big Problems (Hijack [about:blank], windows takes long time to load come back and my computer has restarted that is wierd So I log on and take an abnormally long amount of time I finally get to my desktop and everything is so slow I try to run adaware again but my computer cannot find it Ok I try to run media player again error A few moments later it pops up that my virtual memory is too low Problems Extremely long startup for windows unable to connect to the internet now a scandisk I have keeps reporting quot error qfecheck log quot and my virtually memory is used up after only using hijackthis sigh below is the most current logfile from hijackthis Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files aim aim exe C Documents and Settings Stephen Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll file missing O - Toolbar ICQ Toolbar - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - C Program Files ICQToolbar toolbaru dll file missing O - HKLM Run SysUpd C WINDOWS sysupd exe O - HKLM Run romahere C WINDOWS System matrixhere exe O - HKLM Run pnpsvc lock C WINDOWS System exe O - HKLM Run Network Security Guard C WINDOWS System sglt fbusr exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files aim aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run MoneyAgent quot C Program Files Microsoft Money System Money Express exe quot O - HKCU Run romahere C WINDOWS System matrixhere exe O - HKCU Run uninstal regsvr u s image dll O - Global Startup BigFix lnk C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup winlogin exe O - Extra context menu item amp ICQ Toolbar Search - res C Program Files ICQToolbar toolbaru dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Extra button ICQ HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem ICQ Lite HKLM O - Extra button Real com HKLM O - Extra button MoneySide HKLM O - Extra button WebMail HKCU O - Extra button WeatherBug HKCU O - DPF Yahoo Chess - http download games yahoo com games clients y ct x cab O - DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - Shockwave ActiveX Control - http fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs director sw cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab If anyone can help please let me know Thanks Ihatebadstuf nbsp

A:Solved: Big Problems (Hijack [about:blank], windows takes long time to load

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-big-problems-hijack-about-blank-windows-takes-long-time-to-load.269780/
Relevancy 67.08%

So about months ago I got around to building a new nonfunctional Windows Windows Update after moving comp in completely 7 computer to replace Windows Update in Windows 7 completely nonfunctional after moving comp the cheap prebuilt that I had been using until the power supply burst into flames how's that for a cautionary tale about buying cheap prebuilts I didn't particularly like the idea of having to freshly install Windows and reinstall all my software so I was pretty happy when I found out that Microsoft has a program Sysprep to let you move an existing Windows installation to a new computer no harm no foul And so that happened And it worked with very little fuss involved And I rejoiced because I hate sitting though OS installs Except for one minor little detail Since the move I haven't been able to use Windows update at all Try to open Windows update from Control Panel No response absolutely none Try to manually download an update and install it quot This update Windows Update in Windows 7 completely nonfunctional after moving comp is not applicable to your computer quot At Windows Update in Windows 7 completely nonfunctional after moving comp the time not that big of a concern I figured I'd get around to looking at it and it would be a quick and easy fix Getting around to it ended up taking those months before I finally admitted I couldn't keep going like this And so far fixing this has been neither quick nor easy for me So there's a System Update Readiness Tool meant to fix problems like this Excellent I'll be done in no time quot This update is not applicable to your computer quot Repeat this same error message for anything and everything that comes in a msu package Maybe something's corrupted System file check away Stops at and spits out a log I can't make heads or tails of Getting nowhere fast Windows disc repair install Hard drives not detected That was entirely unhelpful and not worth pulling the DVD-ROM out of my other computer for But wait Microsoft has a diagnostic tool for Windows Update And it spits out an actual error I can follow up on quot Windows Update Error x quot So naturally I Google the error pop over to Microsoft's support page on the subject and am given great knowledge I never could have obtained elsewhere Run SFC and SURT I absolutely refuse to go around in circles Which leaves me sitting here alone and defeated

A:Windows Update in Windows 7 completely nonfunctional after moving comp

Hi TruthKeeper,
Quick look at the log its showing that it cant find the WindowsUpdate Agent.
download from this link,
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...zJr0zw-m8ax4jg
download the hotfix, then follow the instructions below it

suggest you also run the windows update troubleshooter after.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/399335-windows-update-windows-7-completely-nonfunctional-after-moving-comp.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I know this issue has been discussed all over the internet, including this forum, so forgive me for adding more clutter on the topic. I've read everything I can find, and tried every fix short of a fresh install. Nothing helps.

For me the problem started several Patch Tuesdays ago. Checking for Updates takes many hours, then Downloading them takes several more. Last time it was only 4 updates which took about 4+ hours to check, then another 4+ hours to download. Installation seems to be operating normally.

I have two 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 systems that are both doing the same thing.

Since no one seems to agree on a solution, can someone point me in the right direction on this? Thanks...

A:Windows Update takes Hours

Hi,
Was this any of the suggestions you've read
When manually installing updates you need to switch your update settings to Never check for updates and restart the machine first.
Windows Update Settings - Change

Make sure KB3020369 is installed if not manually install it this is the main article page with all versions,
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3020369
These other links do prompt you to download as soon as you click on them just to give you a heads up

Win-7 32 bit
https://download.microsoft.com/downl...020369-x86.msu
Win-7 64 bit
https://download.microsoft.com/downl...020369-x64.msu

Then manually install KB3172605 main article page with all versions,
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172605
KB3172605
Win-7 32 bit
https://download.microsoft.com/downl...172605-x86.msu

Win-7 64 bit
https://download.microsoft.com/downl...172605-x64.msu

After switch your windows update settings back to what you had prior and manually check for updates and the rest should show up shortly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399764-windows-update-takes-hours.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello today i found that at idle my of 25% :( cpu update today takes the windows since cpu was at - whereas before it would be at a few i checked the ressource monitor and it shows that svchost exe netsvc takes I tried to look up the services in task manger and it shows windows update takes 25% of the cpu since today :( several like Aelookupscv Browser EapHost gpscv Lanmanserveriphlpsvc Profsvc SENS ShellHWdetection Themes Winmgmt wuauserv i tried to desactivate wuauserv windows update and the cpu windows update takes 25% of the cpu since today :( went back to normal Today is the day i get new updates but this cpu thing never happened before and usually i can see that i have updates available later in the day just when i check windows update Then when i click to download the updates i chose my cpu usage goes up i wait like hour or minutes and the updates are downloaded and installed But it didn't seem windows update was busy when i checked it it said no updates available and the cpu was still at Windows update is configured to quot let me check to download the updates quot so what should i do let things like that and reactivate windows update later in the day Is it dangerous to let windows update off like i did Did i screw up my windows update by disabling the service wuauserv THank you for your time edit i just checked windows update and it just said that no updates were avalaible to me The cpu went back up without any sings of windows update working so i turned off wuaserv again to get rid of this cpu usage Also i have a question if i click on quot check for updates quot will it try to search for all the updates that i hide Or just the new ones because i selected updates since january

A:windows update takes 25% of the cpu since today :(

It is normal for wuauserv to take up 25-50-100 percent when searching for updates.

The problem is when it does this for hours and never stops, just keeps searching.

Is that your case? Was everything fine until yesterday? Did it search for updates and came up with results in few minutes?

If it was all good until recently and now it's stuck, you can try this:

Set Windows to Never check for updates.

Make sure wuauserv is not taking 25 percent of the cpu. If it does, just stop the service.

Download and install KB3168965.

Restart and set Windows to Check for updates but let me choose what to install.

Search for updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398416-windows-update-takes-25-cpu-since-today.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello I apologize if this is done improperly as I am new to forums I read an old topic about clicking on windows update taking a user to a google page This is happening to me now as well Not just the windows update icon but manually typing in the address does the same Per suggestions on the Windows takes update google me to closed forum I downloaded amp ran HiJack this amp got the following report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Windows update takes me to google Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X EKIJ MUI exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC WINDOWS system Rundll exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exeC PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exeC Program Files a-squared Free a service exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Kodak printer center KodakSvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Norton ScanStub exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXER - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dllO - HKLM Run Ptipbmf rundll exe ptipbmf dll SetWriteCacheModeO - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A AlertEng dll quot O - HKLM Run EKIJ StatusMonitor C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X EKIJ MUI exeO - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe rO - HKLM Run P Helper Rundll P dll P HelperO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Ad-Watch C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft Activ... Read more

A:Windows update takes me to google

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/223400/windows-update-takes-me-to-google/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi to all, i have been having a problem with my Internet Explorer, recently, upon opening a new instance of Explorer instead of taking me to the google website iam taken to the windows update site. I have all the necessary updates installed on my pc. I also let the update site run and check for any updates but it didnt find any. But every time i open internet explorer i am being redirected to the windows update site, is there something i can do about this issue? I am running Win XP Pro SP2.

Thanks for any help.

A:IE6 takes me to Windows Update instead of Homepage

In your IE browser, go to Tools -> Internet Options...
The first window shows you your curently set Home Page. What does it say?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie6-takes-me-to-windows-update-instead-of-homepage-103570.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I know this issue has been discussed all over the internet, including this forum, so forgive me for adding more clutter on the topic. I've read everything I can find, and tried every fix short of a fresh install. Nothing helps.

For me the problem started several Patch Tuesdays ago. Checking for Updates takes many hours, then Downloading them takes several more. Last time it was only 4 updates which took about 4+ hours to check, then another 4+ hours to download. Installation seems to be operating normally.

I have two 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 systems that are both doing the same thing.

Since no one seems to agree on a solution, can someone point me in the right direction on this? Thanks...

A:Windows Update takes Hours

Hi,
Was this any of the suggestions you've read
When manually installing updates you need to switch your update settings to Never check for updates and restart the machine first.
Windows Update Settings - Change

Make sure KB3020369 is installed if not manually install it this is the main article page with all versions,
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3020369
These other links do prompt you to download as soon as you click on them just to give you a heads up

Win-7 32 bit
https://download.microsoft.com/downl...020369-x86.msu
Win-7 64 bit
https://download.microsoft.com/downl...020369-x64.msu

Then manually install KB3172605 main article page with all versions,
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172605
KB3172605
Win-7 32 bit
https://download.microsoft.com/downl...172605-x86.msu

Win-7 64 bit
https://download.microsoft.com/downl...172605-x64.msu

After switch your windows update settings back to what you had prior and manually check for updates and the rest should show up shortly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/399764-windows-update-takes-hours.html
Relevancy 66.65%

everytime i try to access windows update iether through my browser or going to microsoft i am redirected to google homepage. I am also not able to download anything from microsoft. I have re installed xp so no i am just running the first service pack. any help will be appreciated.

A:Windows update takes me to google

I just ran malwarebytes and this si what i got seems as if i have 6 infected regitrry keys

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.36
Database version: 1945
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1

5/5/2009 10:57:18 PM
mbam-log-2009-05-05 (22-57-10).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 76221
Time elapsed: 16 minute(s), 5 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 6
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\DhcpNameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.116.92 85.255.112.146 1.2.3.4 -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{74cf9bc5-2228-4cbb-92ad-828b4c7508ee}\DhcpNameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.116.92 85.255.112.146 1.2.3.4 -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\DhcpNameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.116.92 85.255.112.146 1.2.3.4 -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{74cf9bc5-2228-4cbb-92ad-828b4c7508ee}\DhcpNameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.116.92 85.255.112.146 1.2.3.4 -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\DhcpNameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.116.92 85.255.112.146 1.2.3.4 -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{74cf9bc5-2228-4cbb-92ad-828b4c7508ee}\DhcpNameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.116.92 85.255.112.146 1.2.3.4 -> No action taken.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/224822/windows-update-takes-me-to-google/
Relevancy 66.22%

We are using IE7 for quite a long time but after the latest IE7 security patch update, our webpage loads in IE7 taking long time which was working perfect before this security patch updates.

Most of our asp pages using "Microsoft.XMLDOM" parser for xml parsing.
I found that this XML parsing in the asp page takes long time it seems.

Any security settings needs to be enable / disable to avoid this loading issue.

My IE version is : 7.0.5730.13

Please help me.

--Piju P.K.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/asp-page-in-ie7-takes-long-time-to-load-after-the-new-security-patch-update-335253.html
Relevancy 66.22%

My apologies for being unable to provide the starting information as requested in the readthisfirst thread but under the circumstances it can t be helped I run a PC Windows XP SP This evening my computer was comp unable load Antivirus.net leads to windows to hit by a antivirus net fake antivirus virus This was not my first experience with false antiviruses so I stayed calm loaded up spybot before the virus blocked all programs and tried to get rid of it I failed and tried to reboot in safe mode as normal Unfortunately I Antivirus.net leads to comp unable to load windows can t even do that As my computer tries to load windows a few seconds into the loading it flashes a blue screen with error text for a split second I can barely make out something about a critical error Antivirus.net leads to comp unable to load windows and windows is being shut down to protect the computer and then the computer restarts again This is baffling and frankly a nightmare I ve never before been unable to enter safe mode or any mode of windows and if I can t even get there how am I supposed to run programs to counter the virus or even give you all more detailed information I appreciate any and all help that you can give me in fixing this and will answer any questions I can to the best of my ability nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/antivirus-net-leads-to-comp-unable-to-load-windows.979369/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi all I'm new here so first off if I'm missing any info or you need anything more specific just let me know About days ago my computer started to crash as in no shutdown sequence just straight off and reboot on the hour every hour So am pm pm on the dot I tried memtest to see if it was a memory issue and it ran for hours with no errors Windows & 0x0000003b Crash Hour On Hour, Each The Reboot Safe mode is not effected so it seems Windows Crash & Reboot Each Hour, On The Hour 0x0000003b to be specific to windows proper Here are the main details about Windows Crash & Reboot Each Hour, On The Hour 0x0000003b the error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION x b Caused by driver ntoskrnl exe There was a weird error message in task scheduler as well which I have posted in the screenshots below I have also attached the logs as per forum instructions and a dump from bluescreenview although that may just be the same I'm not sure That's all I can think of right now but please fire away any and all suggestions and I'll add more info as I can

A:Windows Crash & Reboot Each Hour, On The Hour 0x0000003b

EDIT: see the next post, Driver Verifier is designed to cause BSOD's. Please turn it off.

The reports are incomplete. Please rerun the data collection app and let it run for at least 15 minutes (or until the app itself tells you that it's done)

If it didn't shut down while running Memtest, but does in Windows - then it's a Windows problem.
The errors point to memory access problems (NT Status of 0xc0000005)

First, AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems.

NOTE: these symptoms were from the previous release of OverDrive. The new release uses the same driver name, but is dated from 4 November 2013.

Please un-install all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Un-install a program
Then, download (but DO NOT install) a fresh copy of the ATI drivers from Global Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media Solutions | AMD (in the upper right corner of the page)
Use this procedure to install the DRIVER ONLY: ATI video cards - DRIVER ONLY installation procedure - Sysnative Forums

If the device (AODDriver or AODDriver4.01) remains a problem, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.
Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section.
Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Un-install". Reboot for changes to take affect.

Sometimes the driver remains and continues to cause BSOD's. If this is the case for you, post back and we'll give further instructions for safely removing it.

If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

Then (if the BSOD's continue), I'd run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Wed Aug 13 07:30:22.899 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\081314-33062-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (6 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.17238.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140723-2018
System Uptime:0 days 0:12:56.710
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!HvpGetCellPaged+50 )
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8026f670af0, ffffd0017b9c67b0, 0}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff8026f670af0, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: ffffd0017b9c67b0, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x3B_VRF_nt!HvpGetCellPaged
BIOS Version F5
BIOS Release Date 08/06/2013
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Name To be filled by O.E.M.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Wed Aug 13 07:16:46.921 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\081314-24468-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (6 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.17238.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140723-2018
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:59.731
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!HvpGetCellPaged+50 )
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80210a61af0, ffffd000b39367b0, 0}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff80210a61af0, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: ffffd000b39367b0, Address of the context record for the exception that... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51904-windows-crash-reboot-each-hour-hour-0x0000003b.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I recently installed a new HDD with Hp OEM dics, and i tried to use windows update, but it seems to take forever to search for updates. I dont know if its stuck or if it theres something wrong but i cannot search for any updates. Any advice or help  on how to resolve this issue?  thanks

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Windows 7 update takes forever and/or stuck?

Hi: See if installing these two microsoft windows update patches work for you... https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3083710 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3102810

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Windows-7-update-takes-forever-and-or-stuck/td-p/5641828
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey all I need help with my laptop as i'm hopeless with such stuff My laptop running on windows xp - home suddenly went bonkers yesterday whenever i start my comp messages will come up the first one says quot windows cannot reformat Windows - profile + load comp needed Help to unable XP load the locally stored profile Possible causes include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile quot the second one says quot windows cannot load the local profile and is loading you with a temporary profile quot i tried to use the recovery disc to reformat my comp but everytime i will encounter an Help needed - Windows XP unable to load profile + reformat comp error message quot setup was unable to create locate or modify a critical file c BOOT ini needed to start windows xp access is denied quot and then it would just undo all the changes but when i go to my computer gt properties gt advanced gt recovery and setup i could edit the boot file i tried pressing f to access bios or f on start up to try to boot my Help needed - Windows XP unable to load profile + reformat comp comp using cd but somehow the option is not available to me do you have any advice as to how to sort this out thanks

A:Help needed - Windows XP unable to load profile + reformat comp

"the second one says "windows cannot load the local profile and is loading you with a temporary profile..."

So, after this, did it boot OK?

edit: Read this -> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318011

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-needed-windows-xp-unable-to-load-profile-reformat-comp-541476.html
Relevancy 64.93%

When I try to do a windows update it takes me to Google homepage Please help Thanks in advance to the guru's Frank Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Google takes to do Windows Update but home Trying to me it page WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Novatel Wireless Sprint Sprint PCS Connection Manager OSCMUtilityService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system PSIService exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtSrv exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exeC WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Trying to do Windows Update but it takes me to Google home page Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exeC Program Files Apoint ApMsgFwd exeC Program Files Sony Wireless Switch Setting Utility Switcher exeC Program Files Protector Suite QL psqltray exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC Program Files Google Trying to do Windows Update but it takes me to Google home page Google Talk googletalk exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagIt exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHid exeC Program Files TechSmith SnagIt TSCHelp exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosAVRC exeC Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagPriv exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosOBEX exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosBtProc exeC Program Files TechSmith SnagIt snagiteditor exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system notepad exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www att net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO SnagIt Toolbar Loader - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files... Read more

A:Trying to do Windows Update but it takes me to Google home page

**Bump**
Anybody?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199831/trying-to-do-windows-update-but-it-takes-me-to-google-home-page/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there.

I'm currently running Windows 7 Pro on a Lenovo ThinkPad.

I have the Get Windows 10 icon showing. When I click it, it takes me to the Upgrade Now button. So far so good.

When I click the Upgrade Now button, I get the starting to download screen with the circle dots. After a few seconds, it then takes me to the Windows 7 'Windows Update' page in the control panel, where it says that 'windows is up to date'. And that's it.

Any suggestions on how to get Windows 10 to upgrade? I've done other laptops without issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

A:Upgrade Now button takes me to Windows Update Page???

See here: Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/41413-upgrade-now-button-takes-me-windows-update-page.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi!
Many of our windows 7 machines are having problem with windows update which takes a lot of time to check and then shows error "Windows could not search for new updates". We tried different internet connections.
Any Suggestions?
Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a1c077a4-07e0-4ae8-a48c-3f2955ba8742/windows-update-takes-a-lot-of-time-and-then-shows-error?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello everyone I have been suffering with win ever since i upgraded from win I get bsods every hour almost Crashes about hour into use every time i boot up Error on bsod critical process died After this the computer automatically reboots and goes into a blue screen again without ever booting up fully with error code saying a device couldnt be found does not 8 hour!! Help Windows hour Seriously, :( Bsod's every evry specify which device error code xc e i manually turn off and restart at this point and system boots in fine This happens EVERY single time System config Windows is installed on its own C drive which is a gig ssd drive gig hdd also on board Regular setup no raid or anything fancy Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Z X-UD H-B Antivirus Windows Defender Windows updates applied All possible drivers including mb chipset drivers are up to date as far as i can tell with win versions Help please Edit SF file attached

A:Windows 8 Bsod's evry hour :( Seriously, every hour!! Help

Chaith,
TRY who crashed from here:
Resplendence Software - Advanced System Tools and Developer Components

I couldnt tell from your log

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/18565-windows-8-bsods-evry-hour-seriously-every-hour-help.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello guys, so i reinstalled my windows like 4 times and it didn't work. I need to update all the drivers because that is important for the system. And I know that there is lots of updates that needed to be install. But as I mentioned in tittle it stucks. And if i restart pc. It says that i never tried to check for updates. I tried some youtube guides but didn't work. Last time I reinstalled my windows was 2 years ago. And I did not had that problem. So pleasee any tips ? And i am on laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/392001-windows-update-takes-forever-find-updates-stuck.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I recently installed Windows XP and all my programs on a new hard drive as the old one would not boot Last week Windows redirects, browser load to Windows slow Update blocked, I received a quot Generic host process for Win services quot error My machine locked up and I had to restart Then I started having issues where Windows would not load or would take a very long time I am able to start Windows in Safe Mode but it takes much longer than it should Now sometimes when starting IE or Firefox or when surfing new tabs are started on spammy webpages Other times IE or Firefox will not start Windows Update blocked, browser redirects, slow to load Windows I also cannot go to the Windows Update site Neither Malwarebytes nor Avast find any instance of infection AVG says that it finds infections and repairs Just in case it would help here is that part of the AVG log file C WINDOWS system svchost exe memory a Trojan horse Agent r XJ C WINDOWS system svchost exe Trojan horse Agent r XJ Object was removed C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe memory Trojan horse Agent r XJ C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Trojan Windows Update blocked, browser redirects, slow to load Windows horse Agent r XJ Object was removed C WINDOWS explorer exe memory a Trojan horse Agent r XJ C WINDOWS explorer exe Trojan horse Agent r XJ Object was removed Thanks for any help you can provide coxpac Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Documents and Settings mcox Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll file missing O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll file missing O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run SkyTel SkyTel EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run googletalk C Program Files Google Google Talk googlet... Read more

A:Windows Update blocked, browser redirects, slow to load Windows

Is there anyone out there that can help me, or can I provide any additional information?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-blocked-browser-redirects-slow-to-load-windows.995899/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am constantly having redirects and new tabs spontaneously open to spammy websites in slow blocked, Windows load Browser redirects, Windows Update to both Browser redirects, Windows Update blocked, slow to load Windows IE and Firefox I cannot get to Windows Browser redirects, Windows Update blocked, slow to load Windows Update it either says it can't connect or takes me to a fake search engine page Windows is very slow to load at start and after working for a little while I tend to get Generic Host Process for Win Services Browser redirects, Windows Update blocked, slow to load Windows errors after which my machine locks up Malwarebytes has not found anything AVG says it finds infections and fixes The infections are in svchost exe iexplorer exe and explorer exe where it says that a Trojan horse Agent r XJ Object was removed from each I do have access to my Windows XP Install disk Thanks so much for your help coxpac DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by mcox at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Documents and Settings mcox Desktop dds com C WINDOWS system WSCRIPT exe Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO WhiteSmoke Toolbar -af c- c - def-f e f c - c program files whitesmoketoolbar whitesmoketoolbarX dll BHO avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll TB avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll TB WhiteSmoke Toolbar -af c- c - def-f e f c - c program files whitesmoketoolbar whitesmoketoolbarX dll EB Adobe PDF ec be- - c -a -beb d a b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRunOnce spchecker quot c program files avg avg notification SPCheckerTE exe quot uRunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate c windows system macromed flash FlashUtil p Plugin exe -update plugin mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun SkyTel SkyTel EXE mRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE mRun StartCCC quot c program files ati technologies ati ace core-static CLIStart exe quot MSRun mRun IntelliPoint quot c program files microsoft intellipoint point exe quot mRun Acrobat Assistant quot c program files adobe acrobat distillr Acrotray exe quot mRun lt NO NAME gt mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun AVG TRAY c program files avg avg avgtray exe mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files common files java java update jusched exe quot mRun googletalk c program files google google talk googletalk exe autostart mRun avast quot c program files avast software avast avastUI exe quot nogui StartupFolder c docume mcox startm programs startup autoho lnk - c documents and settings mcox application data microsoft installer c -a ed- c e- - be eab icons exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup adobea lnk - c windows installer ac ba - - - - SC Acrobat exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup micros lnk - c ... Read more

A:Browser redirects, Windows Update blocked, slow to load Windows

Hello, Welcome to TSF.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programs, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.
===

Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
Disable your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
Some Rookit infection may damage your boot sector. The Windows Recovery Console may be needed to restore it. Do not bypass this installation. You may regret it.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protection programs, refer to this link --> How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall
===

For AVG antivirus and anti-spyware security software users only.

Quote:

Due to recent changes in AVG and how it interacts with CF, AVG must be uninstalled to run ComboFix. You will get a message from CF stating such.

If AVG will not uninstall, it is first recommended to uninstall it with this AppRemover by Opswat. The AVG uninstaller can be downloaded from here > AppRemover.exe Go to their homepage and you will see they have support for removal of other AV's as well AVG appremover tool.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/browser-redirects-windows-update-blocked-slow-to-load-windows-576409.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all im not sure why but nothing on my computer updates including AVG amp windows could someone please assist me the internet works fine but nothing seems to update even after i turned the firewall off Here s the hijackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSLoader exe C Windows comp.....please don't Windows the update on else anything nor help!! System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows BR exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Users stevenslinger Program Files DNA btdna exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Windows don't update nor anything else on the comp.....please help!! Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system sdclt exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk ask com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http en uk acer yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en uk acer yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar Acer eDataSecurity Management - CBE B C- E - e-A DD- DB E - C Windows system eDStoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run ALaunch C Acer ALaunch AlaunchClient exe O - HKLM Run eDataSecurity Loader C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run BisonInst C Windows BR exe O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run WinBlueSoft C Program Files WinBlueSoft Software WinBlueSoft WinBlueSoft exe -min O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-dont-update-nor-anything-else-on-the-comp-please-help.932049/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi My first post here and I m wondering if someone can help with my problem since I ve completely run out of ideas For the last few months I have been unable to load Windows Update Windows Search or the Personalize Desktop option when right clicking on the desktop When I click on these items a window will open for a second completely white and then close instantly There s seemingly no way around this and the same is true in Safe Mode Suspecting a virus trojan or similar I have run a number of scans AVG SpyBot Ad Aware Malware Bytes Kaspersky Norton command line sfc etc Apart from a few tracking cookies nothing has been found Running HijackThis also revealed nothing untoward I ve search the MS Knowledge base extensively and not found anything There are similar problems regarding specific error numbers but I do not get one just a window that opens then quickly closes I have tried MS s own FixIt tool for Windows Update and it didn t make any difference I can still search using the quick search bar in the start menu but clicking quot search everywhere quot does Update/Windows not will load Desktop Windows Search/Personalize nothing I can still change my desktop background by right clicking on an image and choosing quot set as desktop background quot I cannot run Windows Update All of my other software is completely up Windows Update/Windows Search/Personalize Desktop will not load to date I still suspect that this is some sort of very clever trojan rather than an OS error but since I m not getting any error messages I can t be sure Any advice would be very much appreciated

A:Windows Update/Windows Search/Personalize Desktop will not load

Can you run regedit?

Access the Microsoft website?

Update your installed AV program?

What other system anomalies exist?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394433/windows-updatewindows-searchpersonalize-desktop-will-not-load/
Relevancy 63.64%

needing help desperatley please lol,when its up and running seems ok but when i boot up takes at least 45 mins to an hour to be able to open anything,after an hour or so everything will open at once,i only have some antivirus and zone alarm set to start up so i dont know whats going on,anyone have any help????

Relevancy 63.21%

Wouldn't even let me post a message to this forum.

Testing again!

A:Windows update won't load, windows running slow NEED HELP.....PLEASE!

Why can't I post anything other than simple stuff????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-update-wont-load-windows-running-slow-need-help-please-501883.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a problem loading many things such as windows update, the windows search(the search within windows) and some other things. I think it may be active x or something, but it is enabled in IE so I'm not sure what the problem is.

This is a fairly old computer. I just recently had a problem with Windows Activiation, but I've had it for years. The window would not load for activation so I ended up using a crack. I ran virus scans with AVG and the such and cleaned up the computer.

A:Can't load windows update, windows search, and other things

Updates are probably being an issue due to the crack - if that's the case, we're unable to support you.

If you copy is legal, all you have to do is contact Microsoft for valid key :-)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-load-windows-update-windows-search-and-other-things-97600.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone has had an issue with windows update in task manager in Service Host: Local System revving up their fan. It happens often enough that I'm wondering whats going on. When it happens I open task manager and stop the windows update process in task manager then everything calms down. Is this normal?
Thanx

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/75889-windows-update-revs-up-my-comp-fan.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Note : This thread is not Windows 7 only, but for newer and older Windows versions

Guys, I'm really get annoyed about this. Is really Microsoft didn't have a solution that doesn't requires users to do complicated steps?

The problem is, when I want to update the Windows using Windows Update, the CPU usage kicks to full usage by svchost.exe

I have 2 laptop victims here :

Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E135 (Windows 7 Home Basic, not updated for 2 years) : Takes about 6 hours to show 120+ updates

Sony VAIO VGN-CR220Q (Windows Vista Home Premium, fresh install) : Takes about 4 hours and still stuck now

Sony VAIO VGN-CR220Q (Windows 8.1 Pro, fresh install) : Takes about some hours to show 50+ updates

Why the Windows takes so much time to just shows... a hundred updates? It is not thousand updates o_O

Well I know the CPU is so slow, but can't Microsoft optimized the process? I mean what are Windows doing? Why it takes so much time?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0e217a8c-8183-4f1e-9c38-d9840d524330/everytime-i-want-to-update-the-late-windows-it-takes-so-much-time-stuck-at-checking-for-updates?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 62.78%

So my HDD was crapping out, so I used my second HDD as my primary. Now when i try to do windows update. It gets stuck at 0, and it goes back into the installation window. It even says "Items successfully installed" yet after like 10seconds of downloading. I do not understand what's happening. I hooked up my modem right to the comp so it wouldn't go through the router it i managed to install 5 things but after that it keeps doing it again.

A:Clean installed windows 7, windows update won't download

I think the windows files itself are being weird, i tried to download Skype and it said "cannot install because windows management something" is not turned on. I have never had that problem before. It's so strange.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/289736-clean-installed-windows-7-windows-update-wont-download.html
Relevancy 62.78%

How can i download service pack 1 for my windows 7 cause then my windows update downloaded it properly but i had to cancel it but when i tryed to download it again it wont download i also dont want to download it directly from the site cause its 500 mb in windows update its only 60mb my net aint that stable and fast i really need the service pack so i can install ie10 preview

A:How to download Windows Service pack 1 via windows update

You can download from here:

Download Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932) from Official Microsoft Download Center

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/264564-how-download-windows-service-pack-1-via-windows-update.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,
I have experience problem that for some reason I have terminate Windows update download.  However, the Windows update at Windows 7 was not able to run now.

Please advise how I can re-enable it.

Thanks!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0dd773b9-9ca4-46fd-bbd0-ce7eff0f672a/cannot-process-windows-update-after-terminate-windows-10-download?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 62.78%

Any solutions to the following problem,

New pc installed vista business without any problems, everything was running just fine, no any problems with scaner, sound card, printer,...
drivers, after SP1 is installed it takes 2 hours for the computer to start, (disk activity is 100%), at the end starts and I can do everything without any problem again, by running in save mode the last was loaded was the crcdisk.sys.

Please advice

A:After SP1 is installed it takes 2 hour to start

First I gotta say: that really sucks.
What are the specs of your computer? Are you installing Vista on a Pentium II or K6-2 with like 512MB of memory? It would run quite slowly then (though perhaps not 2 hours to boot though). And how much hard disk space do you have?
The intense disk activity makes me think of superfetch (and it can be quite a hog on a slower hard drive). You could try opening services (control panel, classic view, administrative tools) and select superfetch and set startup to manual temporarily. System restore can also grind the disk at startup for a while, but I don't know if you're a power user and ready to disable it, be that even just for a moment. Finally Windows Defender does a scan very often (I don't know if it's at every startup), but you could change the advanced settings to put that on hold or space out the scans to weekly. Those really take up a lot of disk activity. I'll tell you, when I turned those off, Vista was a lot more responsive. (Personally I also disabled the page file so I only use physical memory (RAM) and not virtual one (hard drive) - but I have 2GB (plenty for my personal needs) so I can't recommend that for everyone though)
I think the thing to check would be the event viewer, for any events that hang or lag at startup. It's in control panel, classic view, administrative tools. I must say I can't find my way in the Vista Event Viewer (Microsoft turned it into a monster - logging every damn little thing) so you may need to ask a more knowledgeable person how to wade through that mess.

For now, if startups take too long, you could try hibernation or stand-by's as a temporary solution - but that's if all else fails.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/after-sp1-is-installed-it-takes-2-hour-to-start-296865.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I have win ultimate on Acer Aspire hour an takes to YahooMessenger function with Gb RAM and IObit Malware Fighter and AdvancedSystemCarePro with RAM cleaner I use regularly Firefox latest is the browser of choice but I have also IE When I click to start YM it immediately uses all the capability of the computer for an hour or so The flashing light YahooMessenger takes an hour to function diamond icon is fully on It takes minutes before I see the login panel then another hour to see the contacts list pane and I'm logged in If someone tries to chat me the new window opens but I cannot insert text for at least minutes they think I am ignoring them YahooMessenger takes an hour to function and usually leave If I have Firefox running during this first hour it will only do the simplest page refreshes anything more onerous and it goes to quot not responding quot I have run scans removed and reinstalled YM cleaned every log file cache If I manage a conversation it wil freeze if cams are opened and the only solution is a shutdown of YM using the Task Mgr about times Once it is fully loaded the icon light goes off I have tried also the compatibility regimen and sending to yahoo The computer is fine without YM running Arrrggghh gt

A:YahooMessenger takes an hour to function

Process Monitor that's a part of the free SysInternals Tools on Microsoft's website will log everything going on with your CPU. I'd recommend launching that program, running YM, then stopping ProcMon as soon as you can. It will log thousands of entries in seconds.

Google and YouTube HOW TO PROCMON. It will take some time to find out what's causing it, but that is the only way to for sure find out what's causing the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/yahoomessenger-takes-an-hour-to-function-605425.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi My computer is up ? hour start to 1/2 Computer takes taking ages to start up hour max I have windows Xp here is my Hijack Computer takes 1/2 hour to start up ? this log can anyone check to see if there is a problem with it Oh yes forgot tosay it only happens after the computer has been turned off for about hours it is ok if i Restart the thing Thanks you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS Computer takes 1/2 hour to start up ? System winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files VIA Technologies Inc Audio Deck ADeck exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files hijack this HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com b http uk docs yahoo com info bt side html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults su http uk search yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run AudioDeck C Program Files VIA Technologies Inc Audio Deck ADeck exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button PalTalk - EAFEF -EEFA- - D- B BCBFFFE - C Program Files Paltalk Messenger Paltalk exe O - Extra button Run IMVU - d - baa- bc - cf -a d db - C Documents and Settings Administrator Start Menu Programs IMVU Run IMVU lnk file missing O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF ChatSpace Full Java Client - http streak fimc net Java cfs cab O - DPF Yahoo Dominoes - http download games yahoo com games clients y dot x cab O - DPF Yahoo Hearts - http download games yahoo com games clients y ht x cab O - DPF B CFB- - -A -C A C Checkers Class - http messenger zone msn com binary msgrchkr cab cab O - DPF D - E - E -BDF -D E D StagingUI Object - http zone msn com binFrameWork v StagingUI cab cab O - DPF B - E - EA - B - F A BC MessengerStatsClient Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MessengerStatsPAClient cab cab O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF F-F B- B D- DF- B B Minesweeper Flags Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MineSweeper cab cab O - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab In... Read more

Relevancy 62.78%

Using Windows 8.1 and Outlook 365.

Outlook takes over an hour to open. I have run a hard disk test, CHKDSK /R and Stellar Phoenix PST repair v4.5. I have emptied the Deleted Mail folder and compacted the PST file. It's no better. The size of the PST file before compacting was 1200 Megs and after is 865 Megs so size should not be a problem.

If I remove the current PST file and let it make a new one, Outlook opens just fine so the problem is in the PST file, itself.

All other Office programs run just fine.

Suggestions?

A:Outlook 365 takes over an hour to open.

This MS page may be worth looking at, to see if it pertains to your particular issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-365-takes-over-an-hour-to-open.1155735/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi guys just recently my laptop has taken to taking over an hour to shut down overall the laptop is slow at running general programs Have done all the standard checks with no problems Ive attached both combofix logs and hijack this ive ran anti spyware and virus with no results any help greatly received ComboFix - - - quot Chris quot - - - NTFSx Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Created a new restore point Other Deletions C WINDOWS system azip dll C WINDOWS system drivers fad sys C WINDOWS system install exe Files Created from - - to - - - - d-------- C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware - - d-------- C DOCUME CHRIS LAT APPLIC SUPERAntiSpyware com - - d-------- C DOCUME ALLUSE APPLIC SUPERAntiSpyware com - - d-------- C Program Files Common Files Wise Installation Wizard - - --a------ C WINDOWS nircmd exe - - d-------- C Program Files BrightSparks - - d-------- C Program Files BT Auto Backup - - d-------- C DOCUME CHRIS an takes Laptop hour down to shut LAT APPLIC MailFrontier - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers klick dat - - Laptop takes an hour to shut down --a------ C WINDOWS Laptop takes an hour to shut down zllsputility exe - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers klin dat - - --ahs---- C WINDOWS system drivers fidbox dat - - ---h----- C WINDOWS system zllictbl dat - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers kl sys - - d-------- C DOCUME ALLUSE APPLIC MailFrontier - - --a------ C WINDOWS system oleaut dll - - d-------- C DOCUME ASCOTT APPLIC Teleca Find M Report - - --ahs---- C WINDOWS system drivers fidbox idx - - --------- d-------- C DOCUME ASCOTT APPLIC MailFrontier - - --a------ C WINDOWS system dllcache cdm dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system cdm dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system wuapi dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system dllcache wuapi dll - - --a------ C Laptop takes an hour to shut down WINDOWS system wuauclt exe - - --a------ C WINDOWS system dllcache wuauclt exe - - --a------ C WINDOWS system wups dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system wucltui dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system dllcache wucltui dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system wuweb dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system dllcache wuweb dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system wuaueng dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system dllcache wuaueng dll - - --a--c--- C WINDOWS system wups dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system dllcache wups dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system dllcache mshtml dll - - --------- d-------- C DOCUME CHRIS LAT APPLIC Skype - - --a------ C WINDOWS system dllcache vgx dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system msxml dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system dllcache msxml dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system zpeng dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system gdi dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS system dllcache gdi dll - - --a------ C WINDOWS explorer exe - - --------- C WINDOWS system dllcache explorer exe Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot Apoint quot quot C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe quot - - quot IgfxTray quot quot C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe quot - - quot HotKeysCmds quot quot C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe quot - - quot SunJavaUpdateSched quot quot C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe quot - - quot IntelWireless quot quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot - - quot Dell QuickSet quot quot C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe quot - - quot DVDLauncher quot quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot - - quot UpdateManager quot quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot - - quot dla quot quot C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe quot - - quot BuildBU quot quot c dell bldbubg exe quot - - quot Zone Labs Client quot quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot - - quot HybridTM A quot quot C Program Files HybridTM IR A RC A exe quot - - quot ISUSPM Startup quot quot C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe quot - - quot ISUSScheduler quot quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch ... Read more

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Well an computer takes hour to My start. something s up with my computer Every time I turn on my pc it literally takes mins to an hour to load onto my desktop This has been happening for the past week All I m able to see is a black screen with the loading bar and maybe an hour later I see my desktop When it finally turns on I m able to use it like My computer takes an hour to start. normal Websites and everything seems to be working fine not slow at all A few hours may pass and it completely freezes on me or gets stuck My mouse won t work the time stops my computer fan stops making noise and I have to turn it off I have McAfee and I ve tried to My computer takes an hour to start. run a full scan but in the middle of the scan it froze I defragmented and it took hours I even used Disk Cleanup I used Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and it came back clean So I m not sure what s going on Could my pc still be infected I downloaded Autoruns and I didn t get to do anything since I got confused I ve installed a printer and a webcam recently not sure if that s the problem I ve disconnected both and still no improvement I m using Vista Home on eMachines I hope someone could help The picture below is what I m stuck staring at for an hour

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288216/my-computer-takes-an-hour-to-start/
Relevancy 62.78%

ok this is gonna be a bit long but i want the details there the issue pc is my old pc it has windows its an asus msn-la motherboard i cloned this drive and used it in my new pc after a few months my new pc's drive died and load finnaly does things takes it load to forever slow load pc once very i took the old drive from the issue pc witch was pc takes forever to load things load very slow once it does finnaly load not giving issues at this time and stuck it into my new pc until my replacement drive came when i got the replacement drive i cloned the drive again onto the replacement drive and then put the new drive in the new pc had no issues there put the old drive back pc takes forever to load things load very slow once it does finnaly load into pc takes forever to load things load very slow once it does finnaly load the issue pc this is when issues started the pc booted up to the windows desktop loading screen fast but once it got there it sat there for like min before loading into windows once it loaded into windows it was un usable for around min while it loaded background stuff once it finally loads into windows if i try to open anything its still responding extremely slow is there anything i could do to fix this or is this going to me a re install only situation i did try to use a windows disk to do a startup repair but it claimed i couldn't do it because i dident install from that disk

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-takes-forever-to-load-things-load-very-slow-once-it-does-finnaly-load-1145545.html
Relevancy 62.35%

On the startup I get a warning "cannot find pconfig & another need a newer version of Java, And nothing downloads from the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-cannot-load-pconfig-java-or-download-anything.702990/
Relevancy 62.35%

Our users have IE and We keep them locked into place by pointing IE to our firewall product tools gt internet options gt pages just - load to for 1-hour+ Users no unable websites are error, load times connections gt lan settings so that only approved sites are the ones that our people can access In the last few days several of them report issues with specific websites loading very slowly - load times of over an hour just to get the log-in screen to appear Troubleshooting Steps Unchecked the quot use proxy server for your LAN quot under the IE menus--- Site resolves instantly as it should--- This pointed me to the direction that perhaps the site wasn t configured for our firewall Re-checked the quot use proxy server quot box and specifically configured the site in our firewall--- Site continues to resolve slowly with Users are unable to load websites - no error, just 1-hour+ load times for pages the same load times as before performing step That would normally indicate that the problem is on the vendor s end Something may be wrong with their site And that s the Users are unable to load websites - no error, just 1-hour+ load times for pages line of thought I was pursuing until I was reported back to that the users are having the same problem on other websites These new websites they re having problems with are and have been for a long time configured properly in the firewall I m not sure what my next step is to pursue What am I looking for now I don t know enough about networking to figure out where to track next

A:Users are unable to load websites - no error, just 1-hour+ load times for pages

Bump.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387038/users-are-unable-to-load-websites-no-error-just-1-hour-load-times-for-pages/
Relevancy 62.35%

I am having trouble just viewing the quot Downloads quot folder in Windows Explorer It used to just be a periodic thing now it takes literally - minutes to to in load minutes takes Windows folder "Downloads" Explorer load this folder I cannot even sort it while it is loading I noticed in Resource Monitor that quot MsMpEng exe quot Microsoft Security Essentials is checking each and every file in there everytime I open it Hundreds of line-items in Resource Monitor So something must be flagging most of these files as changed "Downloads" folder takes minutes to load in Windows Explorer or something so that MSE is going in "Downloads" folder takes minutes to load in Windows Explorer and re-scanning everything Does anyone know what causes this and how I can fix it Here are some perhaps pertinant notes about my Downloads Folder It is very large with almost items However I want to keep it large as I have many apps running directly from the folder There are of course sub-folders for organization but I find having a single download spot is good for catching things I may have already downloaded I have it mapped from C Users USERNAME Downloads to D Downloads My C drive is an SSD so I keep this large amount of data off it I made sure to add this to the Windows Index The quot Date Accessed quot date is updated to today for about of the files or so even though I am only really accessing no more than - per day It does not seem to matter what type of file it is exe zip etc I added this to my quot Favorites quot however this happens regardless of if I access the folder via Favorites USERNAME Downloads or d Downloads I generally add stuff to that folder via Google Chrome However I could not catch the Chrome process doing anything weird or anything when downloading something Here is a thread with a similar problem however it is not resolved delay on folder loading Thanks much in advance for your help As you can imagine this is unbearable MikeY

A:"Downloads" folder takes minutes to load in Windows Explorer

My current downloads folder has 1,000 files and in the initial access, it took about 10 seconds to display the Details list as configured/sorted. Intel i7mobile. No indexing. Subsequent closing and re-opening took about 2 seconds to display as configured/sorted. A separate folder of 50 files took 4 seconds to display in its initial access. Near-instantaneous subsequent access.

May I suggest creating subfolders to reduce the 1,000 to a more manageable 20-50? Beat your head against the wall (2-5 minutes) or an extra click or two once in a while? Which is more unbearable?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/240166-downloads-folder-takes-minutes-load-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My Windows start-up is pretty decent after I log-in to my user account What s taking too long is the quot Windows Is Starting Up quot screen It takes about mins or so Up" Starting Load To Too Is Takes Screen Solved: Long "Windows before the log-in screen shows up Anyway here s what happened prior to this event My Windows XP OS has just been repaired due to a stop error Solved: "Windows Is Starting Up" Screen Takes Too Long To Load One of my RAM Solved: "Windows Is Starting Up" Screen Takes Too Long To Load cards I have two installed previously has also been removed because the technician deemed that it was the cause of the stop error Now my question is is it the cause of the slow down I mean having a smaller RAM I m thinking that it could be the cause but I m having second thoughts because I only had RAM card installed way back but the stalling of the quot Windows is starting up quot screen never happened I ve Solved: "Windows Is Starting Up" Screen Takes Too Long To Load had a slow running PC yes but I never had to wait that long for the quot log-in quot screen to show up seconds tops I only have GB free space now which is small but I ve had a smaller free space GB before but then again the stalling I mentioned has never happened until now Any solution to this problem nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Earlier today I turned on my Toshiba laptop Satellite P -S and got some sort of error screen and then it brought me to a screen asking if I wanted to do a system repair or start windows normally I chose system repair but then it seemed to get stuck in that process It was taking forever and nothing was happening so I turned off the laptop I know big no no booted in safe mode and did a system restore to a restore point from about a week ago The quot starting Windows quot screen came and went no problem Everything seemed fine till I got to the User Selection screen the default blue one with the little hummingbird or whatever Then it just sat there on that screen I could see the hummingbird and the little squiggly lines but there were no buttons to click my user I just let it sit there and after about minutes the user names popped up and Windows takes the screen 7 user forever load select user/switch to I was able to continue using the computer without any problems no other speed Windows 7 takes forever to load the select user/switch user screen issues whatsoever It now makes me wait every time always about Windows 7 takes forever to load the select user/switch user screen minutes before the user names pop up It does this when I restart the machine and when I try to switch users It is a Pentium Core i Ghz GB RAM Windows Home Premium bit Let me know if you need any other specs Any ideas Thanks Tim

A:Windows 7 takes forever to load the select user/switch user screen

Work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start.

The steps begin with disinfection from Safe Mode or boot disk, since if Win7 is badly infected it may not repair until cleaned up. Then everything possible to start it is sequenced.

I would also do the hardware tests provided before rescuiing the data to run Recovery or get the superior Clean Reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274499-windows-7-takes-forever-load-select-user-switch-user-screen.html
Relevancy 62.35%

http://www.techsupportforum.com/atta...1&d=1286676697

Is there a reason why i cant download this update.

A:cant download update for Security Update for Windows Vista (KB978601)?

check the update history and tell which update it is :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-download-update-for-security-update-for-windows-vista-kb978601-520607.html
Relevancy 62.35%

So I don't really know any details of what malware I may have on my computer other than its symptoms and the likelihood that it came through utorrent which has since been taken off the computer Basically the problem began manifesting itself with the BSOD in Windows Vista Home Premium -bit I think I have taken care of that problem The remaining symptoms of the malware are that windows and windows defender cannot update itself Also I cannot download any or Cannot updates windows update anti-virus get update/download type of anti-virus update software or even the programs themselves The updates just say they were unsuccessful When I Cannot get windows update or update/download anti-virus updates attempt to do a manual install update of anti-virus or windows updates I get a quot cannot connect to webpage quot Sometimes I will be redirected from an anti-virus download site to a random unaffiliated site When I attempt to run a free online virus scan the update will not work and therefore there is no ability to scan Thanks for whatever help you can offer Eric Here is my DDS txt DDS Version - NTFSx Run by LeBlanc at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS AdpPlugins DQLWinService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files java jre bin jusched exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Users LeBlanc AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files PIXELA ImageMixer HDDCameraMonitor exe C Windows ehome ehsched exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows ehome ehRecvr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Program Files mozilla firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users LeBlanc Downloads dds com C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www espn go c... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cannot-get-windows-update-or-update-download-anti-virus-updates-330404.html
Relevancy 62.35%

in the passed this has been my only working pc so it was either go days without being able to use comp or try dns cant update, reinstalls windows with comp changes infection, to fix myself have a nd pc I can use till I can shed some comp reinstalls with infection, windows cant update, dns changes light on this have a windows usb stick frm store using it to boot and reinstall windows still ends up with the same problems viruses scanners find nothing except roguekiller which finds my altered dns setting formatted and reinstalled multiple times cant update windows comps been in safe mode almost since the second the install was finished its the only way to have some sense of control havnt tried updating windows since this format go-around comp reinstalls with infection, windows cant update, dns changes would prefer to just sit in safemode till I can get help FRST LOG Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by kiston administrator on TRASHMACHINE - - Running from C Users kiston Desktop Loaded Profiles kiston amp user Available Profiles kiston amp user Platform Windows Home X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Edge Boot Mode Safe Mode with Networking Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MpCmdRun exe Reason Software Company Inc C Program Files Reason Security rsUI exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Users kiston Desktop RogueKiller exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved BootExecute autocheck autochk r C autocheck autochk Internet Whitelisted If an item is included in the fixlist if it is a registry item it will be removed or restored to default Hosts localhost Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer Tcpip Interfaces cb a - bd - e- f - a bff NameServer Tcpip Interfaces cb a - bd - e- f - a bff DhcpNameServer Internet Explorer HKLM SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restriction lt ATTENTION HKU DEFAULT SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restriction lt ATTENTION HKU S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restriction lt ATTENTION HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page hxxp www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar msnhome HKLM Software Wow Node Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page hxxp www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar msnhome HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page hxxp www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar iesearch HKLM Software Wow Node Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page hxxp www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar iesearch HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL hxxp www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar msnhome HKLM Software Wow Node Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL hxxp www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar msnhome HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL hxxp www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar iesearch HKLM Software Wow Node Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL hxxp www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar iesearch HKU S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page hxxp www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar iesearch SearchScopes HKLM - gt DefaultScope value is missing SearchScopes HKLM-x - gt DefaultScope value is missing SearchScopes HKU S- - - - - - - - gt DefaultScope EE -D - f-A FF-E B B E A URL Services Whit... Read more

A:comp reinstalls with infection, windows cant update, dns changes

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to a new file. 
Start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-1323568086-1110516886-4081173146-1001\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
SearchScopes: HKLM -> DefaultScope value is missing
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> DefaultScope value is missing
S2 MBAMService; \ [0 ] () <==== ATTENTION (zero byte File/Folder)
S4 Browser; %SystemRoot%\System32\browser.dll [X]
S3 MBAMProtector; \??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\ [0 ] () <==== ATTENTION (zero byte File/Folder)
S3 MWAC; \??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\ [0 ] () <==== ATTENTION (zero byte File/Folder)
S3 MBAMSwissArmy; \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys [X]
S3 wfpcapture; \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\wfpcapture.sys [X]

End
Save the file as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.The location is listed in the 3rd line of the Farbar log you have submitted.Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.===I need to review the Addition.txt file that was created by the Farbar tool.Please post the contents with your next reply.Please let me know what problem persists with this computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610779/comp-reinstalls-with-infection-windows-cant-update-dns-changes/
Relevancy 62.35%

Update - Fixed by reinstalling Windows fresh Again I think the problem was caused by installing Windows linked with my Microsoft account and then switching that to a local user My Microsoft account was registered for the insider program so perhaps I was receiving the fast updates and switching to a local account put me on slow updates which got Windows Update muddled in the confusion Original Post Windows Update appears to load Security Update Update Settings does & Windows - > not > be stuck broken It displays this loading animation even when left alone for an entire day See screenshot All the other panels such as Windows Defender will display their available options it is only Windows Update that will not show This is a clean install of Windows Home I have made some alterations to the service configuration disabling what I had been advised as unnecessary services I have reverted as many of those changes as I could remember but it is a possibility that one of those changes caused this Background Intelligent Transfer service is quot Running quot and set to quot Automatic Delayed Start quot Windows Update service is quot Running quot and set to quot Manual Trigger Start quot Aug - Edit I have cross referenced services with another computer with an unaltered fresh install of Windows Home No difference in service configuration was found Internet connectivity is stable Network profile is quot Public Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update - does not load quot No alterations have been made to the default network configuration User account was originally associated with Microsoft Account but was then switched to be a Local Account Have run sfc scannow which found and fixed Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update - does not load some problems Running sfc scannow a second time reported no problems Running the Windows Update Troubleshooter through Troubleshooting - gt Fix problems with Windows Update yields no results quot Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem quot Have deleted contents of C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download Have also re-initiated the C Windows SoftwareDistribution folder Have ran command quot Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth quot which reports no errors Have ran command quot Dism Online Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update - does not load Cleanup-Image StartComponentCleanup ResetBase quot Have ran the fix-it from https support microsoft com en-us kb which reports quot Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem quot Cross-posting this from my question on Microsoft Answers which unfortunately did not garner much attention so I'm trying on these forums Aug Edit Checking installed updates I do not have KB or KB Manually downloaded and installed both of these updates Did not fix the issue

A:Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update - does not load

Hi wadlip,

I have done exactly the same fixes as you - to no avail. Nothing works. I am surprised by a lack of response by Microsoft. In addition to not being able to update, i cannot update the definitions for Windows Defender. This issue has definitely something to do with BITS.
If i stumble over the solution, i'll post here. I have all night to find the fix

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/13754-settings-update-security-windows-update-does-not-load.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Whenever I click on My Computer it takes at least couple of minutes to load, it is getting really annoying. I unistalled all the anti-virus software and most of the peripheral devices such as the printer and scanner but that had no effect. Everything else seems to be functioning relatively fine. Any suggestions? Besides taking my own life out of frustration...

A:"My Computer" windows takes FOREVER to load...

Funkin,

You need to post your system specs: and tell us what OS and service packs you are running.

Did this problem just start to happen? Have you recently installed any new software, like Norton AV 2005? Have you added any new hardware recently, especially a CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, HDD or Floppy?

Have you noticed any errors lately that were similar to this; "Managed MAPI Service Catastrophic Failure"?

After you click on "My Computer" and while it is still loading, try opening "Task manager" (Ctrl+Shift+Esacpe) and check the processes to see if any of them are taking an unusually large amount of CPU resources.
"System Idle Process" usually runs at around 95-99, so ignore that one, if anything else is that high post it here, or if you know what program it is, try uninstalling it.

Take all CD's out of the CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drives and then try opening "My Computer" dose it open any faster with no CD's in the drives?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-windows-takes-forever-to-load.312844/
Relevancy 61.92%

While visiting friends in Florida this past week one revealed a big problem with his HP Pavilion Dv - laptop POST. HP start one takes hour to dx manufactured in with Vista installed When he turns it on from a cold start the dashboard lights up the cooling fan whirrs for about seconds then everything stops Nothing but a black screen with the dashboard lights on After about an hour POST does occur and hands off to Vista - no problem Warm rebooting also has no problem Right to POST and handoff Living with the one hour POST delay I performed the following Long HP laptop takes one hour to start POST. test disk check - passed MemTest passes - passed Opened up the bottom panel and removed the hd and memory sticks cleaned all contacts and re-installed The CMOS battery also happens to be available there with a little white plug-in so I removed it for minutes pressed the power button and re-plugged hoping it would enable a reset of the BIOS After waiting an hour I did get the CMOS check sum error and reset defaults I then did a system recovery with his HP discs to factory condition I also removed the dvd drive All of the above activity did not solve the one hour POST delay HP laptop takes one hour to start POST. I'm guessing a motherboard hardware fault somewhere Any ideas

A:HP laptop takes one hour to start POST.

This troubleshooting guide prepared by one of the Forum experts may help.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/288880-hp-laptop-takes-one-hour-start-post.html