Windows Support Forum

Monitor looses connection and computer freezes

Q: Monitor looses connection and computer freezes

hey guys, well for a few days now i have been trying to solve this problem, since i installed crysis and tried to play it my graphics driver makes my monitor loose connection randomly and causes my computer to freeze, i have uninstalled crysis, used system restore, and re installed my drivers, but this only seems to happen when i have drivers installed, and works just fine without them, i have also checked the motherboard and graphics card to see if they have overheated and been damaged, but nothing, my fans are working fine, it seems to be an issue with the driver software, oh and also with the drivers installed i get colour bars on the BIOS and the WinBoot screen, i have tried all i can to find how to fix it but nothing

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Monitor looses connection and computer freezes

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Monitor looses connection and computer freezes

Can you give us your computers complete specs? Take a look at my specs to give you an idea of what we need

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-looses-connection-and-computer-freezes.169800/
Relevancy 92.88%

Right I have a wireless internet connection and every so often it disconnects and I hover my mouse of the icon for the disconnection in the bottom right corner and then the computer freezes. I have an orange - livebox and a speedtouch usb 121g and whenever my internet disconnects the livebox says its connected and the speedtouch stops flashing. When it freezes notihing moves no mouse I cant type and the typical ctrl + alt + del never works. This happens alot and every time I turn my computer off by the power switch and this cant be good for the computer. My computer is a hp if that helps. Oh and it normally freezes during downloading or streaming but does just disconnect randomly. I use windows xp media edition sp3.

I have attached the error messages and there was no way to fix it suggested by microsoft.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezes-when-it-looses-wireless-internet-connection-396106.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Right I have a wireless internet connection and every so often it disconnects and I hover my mouse of the icon for the disconnection in the bottom right corner and then the computer freezes. I have an orange - livebox and a speedtouch usb 121g and whenever my internet disconnects the livebox says its connected and the speedtouch stops flashing. When it freezes notihing moves no mouse I cant type and the typical ctrl + alt + del never works. This happens alot and every time I turn my computer off by the power switch and this cant be good for the computer. My computer is a hp if that helps. Oh and it normally freezes during downloading or streaming but does just disconnect randomly. I use windows xp media edition sp3.

I have attached the error messages and there was no way to fix it on microsoft.

A:Computer freezes when it looses wireless internet connection....,.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-when-it-looses-wireless-internet-connection.844062/
Relevancy 79.12%

Right I have a wireless internet connection and every so often it disconnects and I hover my mouse of the icon for the disconnection in the bottom right corner and then the computer freezes. I have an orange - livebox and a speedtouch usb 121g and whenever my internet disconnects the livebox says its connected and the speedtouch stops flashing. When it freezes notihing moves no mouse I cant type and the typical ctrl + alt + del never works. This happens alot and every time I turn my computer off by the power switch and this cant be good for the computer. My computer is a hp if that helps. Oh and it normally freezes during downloading or streaming but does just disconnect randomly.

A:Solved: Copmuter freezes when it looses wireless internet connection....,.

oops i put 2 of this question on i will just mark this one solved

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-copmuter-freezes-when-it-looses-wireless-internet-connection.844056/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have 3 Windows computers. One of those Windows XP computers looses internet every few minutes. It disconnects and then reconnects in seconds. Any ideas?

Info:

Windows XP SP3
Router: Netgear WNR 3500
IBM Thinkpad T40 Laptop
Thanks.

Relevancy 71.81%

I have a pretty good computer, ? as computers go ? but every day between 5-30 minutes after start-up, it begins to experience lag spikes, sharp sounds loops, and looses the internet connection regardless of how much RAM I am using. I can postpone dealing with it by restarting my computer, but it is annoying to do so everyday. If it starts this when, for example, I'm playing Terraria, it breaks the save file; so I have to keep frequent backups when I play.
I am running Microsoft Security Essentials and have scanned my computer for viruses, but the issue remains.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Some specs: (appologies, 'not computer savvy)
Running 64-bit Windows 7 Pro
AMD FX(tm)-4170 Quad-Core Processor ? 4.20 GHz
8GB of RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti Graphics Card

A:Computer lags and looses internet connection daily

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Use Clean boot,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/179159-troubleshoot-application-conflicts-performing-clean-startup.html
Click Start and type in the search box,
msconfig
Click on the suggestion on top or hit the Enter key,
Go to the Startup section and take some screen shots for a complete list,
Go to the Services section and on the bottom left Check the box to Hide All Microsoft services,
Repeat the screen shots,
See the links above my signature on how to take and upload screen shots here,
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/376157-computer-lags-looses-internet-connection-daily.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My config Intel Core i with Intel HD Gigabyte H Motherboard AMD Radeon R Windows ver with all latest drivers are installed A regular ASUS Monitor is connected through DVI to AMD Radeon Graphics Card and is set as the primary monitor An HDTV Sharp is connected through HDMI to internal Intel HD and is set as the secondary extended monitor If I turn off the TV the second HD off looses 530 Intel is TV when monitor following happens The Settings-System-Display shows only one primary monitor The secondary monitor is not detected Windows that were opened on the secondary screen are Intel HD 530 looses second monitor when TV is off moved to the primary screen They stay on the primary screen when the TV is turned back on Icons on the primary screen desktop are moved from the far left to the far right of the desktop Icons are moved back when the TV is turned bank on This is definitely not the expected behavior Here is how Intel HD 530 looses second monitor when TV is off it worked on my old desktop Intel E Gigabyte Motherboard AMD Radeon Windows The monitor was connected through the DVI to the AMD Radeon The HDTV was connected through the HDMI to the AMD Radeon If I turned off the TV nothing was rearranged Windows opened of the secondary screen did not move to the primary They stayed on the secondary screen when the TV was turned back on The icons on the desktop were not moved Any ideas P S If I connect the TV to AMD Radeon instead of Intel HD the behavior returns to normal So the question is Is there any way to force Intel HD to keep detection of the TV even if the TV is off

A:Intel HD 530 looses second monitor when TV is off

Can you connect both the TV and the monitor to the AMD card. And then check ?

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/41292-intel-hd-530-looses-second-monitor-when-tv-off.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I think I m having a similar problem to this My monitor has gone blank then no signal detected multiple times now First time was a week ago - I turned it off Monitor signal looses and then turned it on again a while later and all seemed well Then it happened again last night - tried to do the same thing and it seemed to work but then after minutes it occurred again and this time there was like a stuck sound coming from my speakers which kept getting faster and faster This morning when I turned the PC on the monitor wouldn t come Monitor looses signal on at all not until the th reboot anyway I could take a wild guess and blame it on our new Pinnacle PCTV DVB-T Stick as this problem only started happening after we started using it P S Should I make a new thread for my problem Thought it might be useful here P P S I m using XP Pro too SP nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

On a daily basis, my PC monitor's colors change and I discovered that red disappears. My PC has Nvidia Desktop Manager that appears to control the colors on the screen. Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

A:Monitor regularly looses color 'Red'

The most common cause is a cable partially plugged in (the video cable between the PC and the monitor) or a faulty pin in it.

Second most common is an electronic fault in the red gun circuitry in the monitor, often a poorly soldered joint (that can cost more than the moitor is worth to discover).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-regularly-looses-color-red.418039/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I'm running Windows XP Professional with SP Version The PC is self-built with an AMD Phenom network XP connection SP3 Pro looses Quad-Core CPU and GB RAM Other relevant hardware is the network card It's XP Pro SP3 looses network connection the onboard card on the motherboard using a chip from RealTek Windows sees this as quot Realtek RTL C P C P PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC quot Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp Driver Date Driver Version Digital Signer Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher After the computer has been on for some time it will loose connection to the network At least on TCP I can send ICMP packets pinging my local gateway and other network hardware Some times a disable enable on the network card will work other times a reboot will clear everything up When this error occurs I some times get a message repeatdly logged to the system eventlog Event Type Error Event Source Srv Event Category None Event ID Date Time User N A Computer ALPHA Description The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the pool was empty For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data T e c a c I'm unsure if that has anything to do with the problem Personally I suspect software butwould be willing to test another network card to eliminate the hardware aspect Any help is welcome

Relevancy 61.06%

I dont know why this keeps happening, It was a problem last summer and now its happening again. My modem looses connection and only a few lights are on. Im using comcast in the DC/Metro area and Im using a telephone modem.

Relevancy 61.06%

I'm using a ACER ONE and the WiFi looses the connection with the base. I'm trying unsuccessfully to grasp what's going on but no clue. The PC is running Vista Home Premium, 4go RAM, 320 HDD. Any help where to start ? BEst regards

A:WiFi looses connection

The base = the router? if so, do you use any type of security to login to the router? WEP or WAP? if not, your wireless device might find a stronger signal from a nearby wifi and attempts to connect to it.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/209705-wifi-looses-connection.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi there, of late it has been getting predictably bad.  I am too scared to touch the computer as I fear it will crash.  When it did this about a month or two ago I started removing the Graphics card and putting it back in which seem to work most of the time.  Now I just leave the computer for a day or two and try turning it on.  I am running Windows 7 Home Premium (cracked) which I should imagine has something to do with the issues.  Can you please have a look at my system.
Regards Tracey

A:every few days windows 7 looses signal to monitor

You have admitted that this is an illegal copy of Windows.  

This is one of the forum rules.

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580978/every-few-days-windows-7-looses-signal-to-monitor/
Relevancy 60.2%

First I apologize if connection looses to Laptop desktop this has been mentioned and a solution already posted searched but couldn t find an answer I have a home network desktop running Vista Ultimate with a hard connection to a linksys-n wireless router and a laptop running Vista Home Premium Network Discovery is on for both computers and the printer is wired to the desktop Both the desktop and laptop have all permissions fully enabled and all drives are fully shared Nothing has changed on desktop or laptop software or hardware other than normal Windows updates and network has been up and running for over a year When I go to network and click on the Laptop looses connection to desktop desktop computer quot HOME quot the laptop can see and access all drives and the printer If I ve re-booted the laptop all I have to do is go to network and click on the desktop name and log in with the desktop ID and password and again everything on the desktop is visible and the printer is accessible Now starting a couple of weeks ago I can see the desktop name on the laptop but can t connect and after a few minutes the following error message pops up HOME is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions The specified network name is no longer available I check in the Network and Sharing Center on the desktop and it still says Network Discovery is on Have tried turning it off and back on again and no change still can t access from the laptop BUT if I re-boot the desktop without touching anything on the laptop as soon as I log back in on the desktop and it establishes its network connection I m back to seeing and being able to access all the desktop drives and the printer from the laptop Occasionally I ll also get the error message that the Server service isn t started on the laptop but when I check services it shows that it is already started I ve tried re-starting the service but still am unable to access the desktop unless I actually re-boot the desktop I ve checked services on both desktop and laptop and nothing shows stopped or disabled Firewall permissions haven t changed and the network driver on the desktop is not set to every power down Also I never loose the internet connection on either desktop or laptop just the connection to the desktop from the laptop I can ping the desktop from the laptop even when I loose the connection but it won t recognize HOME and I can t see anything on the desktop or the printer I can also ping the laptop and the desktop never looses its ability to see and access anything on the laptop and again the only way I can see the desktop from the laptop once I get the no longer accessible error is to re-boot the desktop Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Laptop looses connection to desktop

When the problem occurs, let's see this for each of the two machines.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

Note that there is a space before the -n or the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the - or / in the following commands.

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-looses-connection-to-desktop.747374/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Dell inspiron with Vista I looses in vista internet connection originally set this up on a network with a Linksys BEFW S router and two other computers a Dell XP SP and a Gateway ME all wired to the ports of the router The Vista machine would intermittently loose the ability to use the internet and the other computers on the network No problems with either of the other two computers dell support told me internet looses connection in vista that my problem was with the router because it was too old I then purchased a Linksys WRT GS and set up the three computers on the network I am still having problems with the Vista machine loosing the ability to use the internet or find internet looses connection in vista the other computers in the network I have Computer Associates anti virus anti spyware anti spam and firewall from Time Warner I have spent internet looses connection in vista numerous hours on the phone with Dell support to fix the problem with no luck I have tried everything that they can find to fix the problem and now am being told that I have to do a system recovery I have put LocalGroup in Administrators with no luck I am hoping that someone in this forum can help me so that I don t have to do the system recovery and loose everything that I have setup on the computer Signing out of AIM is a frequent action that looses the internet but not always Sometimes it just stops working Thank you in advance

A:internet looses connection in vista

I have been able to solve this problem on my own. I had a minor pronlem within the firewall which was causing the internet to time out. Also, Microsoft has a hotfix (KB929547) which will increase the browsing speeds back to normal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-looses-connection-in-vista-186102.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Sorry to post this question. I see it gets asked a lot, but rarely ever gets solved. I don't have the model of my router off hand. Didn't think it would be important since this phenomenon seems to happen on all different types of routers including the older linksys wireless b I used to have and the new b/g/n that I have now. Anyway my ISP is Comcast and every day or so my wireless goes out and then I have to unplug the router and plug it back in to get it up and running again. There are no other wireless devices running around the router to cause interference. And this affects all my wireless devices so I'm assuming the problem is a setting with the router. All the wired network devices work flawlessly.

Thanks for the help

Mike

A:Wireless Router Looses Connection

What happens if you connect to the router by cable does that disconnect ?

make and exact model would be useful

would you post the following tests when its working OK and then repeat ALL the tests when it disconnects and make sure you also tells which tests posted are for what condition

if you are also connected by wireless include the xirrus screen shots

Please post bake here the make and exact model of the router and if separate, the make and exact model of the modem

Also please make a note of the status of the light on the modem and on the router when working normally - post back here and then when disconnected post the status of the lights here again if changed

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiIn... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-looses-connection.1052250/
Relevancy 60.2%

Have XP pro using wireless broadband on Bigpond Australia After about minutes of surfing looses connection to internet ie FireFox advises connection reset or Internet Explorer advises unable to connect Wireless modem lights are usually flashing though surfing Looses internet after connection 20 min sometimes the data activity light is solid when the problem occurs The connection manager displays ip address Looses internet connection after 20 min surfing and connected and will allocate a new ip address when reconnected though sometimes it may not reconnect If modem reconnected ok then browser will not reconnect to homepage Needs a PC restart to connect Problem occurs in both Internet Explorer and FireFox Before I buy a new wireless modem I wish to chech for malware Note that the gmer exe advised rootkit activity PC had malware may solved by formatting the HDD and rebuilding the system Now using Trend Micro PRO with daily updates and scans and CCleaner wipes and issues fixed regularly All win XP updates are allowed and current Advice will be appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Looses internet connection after 20 min surfing system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C WINDOWS ATKKBService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure TISProToolbar ProToolbarUpdate exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems AutoDetector monitor exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Telstra BigPond Wireless Broadband BigPond CM exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements apdproxy exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LWS exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech Logitech Vid vid exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMAS OE TMAS OEMon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files Common Files VideoMate ComproRemote exe C Program Files Common Files VideoMate ComproSchedulerDTV exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exe C Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure TSCFPlatformCOMSvr exe C Program Files Trend Micro TrendSecure TISProToolbar PlatformDependent ProToolbarComm exe C Program Files Telstra BigPond Wireless Broadband Utility Application QMICM exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Documents and Settings Gary My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www telstra com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bigpond com internet mybigpond ref Net-Head-MyBigPond R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer M... Read more

Relevancy 60.2%

Hey, I tried to post this issue in network forums, but got no support there, and though it may rather belong in here.

I've got a very annoying problem which been bugging me for a while now. The issue is that my browser (Firefox / Chromie) looses it's connection to Internet every 10-20 mins, and stays dead for about half a minute. Then everything works fine again.

The weird thing is that it's only browser which can't connect to the Internet, if I am downloading anything, or talking over Skype, it doesn't get interrupted at the time bworser shows "Page load error".

I am running Windows Xp sp3, with Kaspersky firewall, to a thomson router, and have a custom VPN via ivacy.com, which however is turned off at the moment browser goes nuts, and I think problem began before I installed VPN.

A:Browser looses internet connection.

Since you are already getting support from the network forum I am going to close this thread, but am willing to help you on the network forum.

Here is the link to the other thread.

Cheers!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/browser-looses-internet-connection-375193.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I am using a Windows 7 32 bit PC with an external USB backup drive. Every couple of weeks the backup drive "looses connection" and no longer appears in My Computer. When I pull the power plug from the back of the external USB backup drive for a couple of minutes and plug it back into the drive the computer then recognizes and sees the backup drive again.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix this problem. Could my external USB backup drive be going bad?

Thanks very much.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398063-usb-backup-drive-looses-connection.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a server (Windows Server 2003) that randomly looses connection with the default gateway and anything on the outside. When this happens, the server canít ping the gateway (A Juniper SSG5 firewall/router) and the gateway canít ping the server. But the server still can ping anything else on the network and everything inside the network works fine with it. The most reliable remedy is to reboot the router. Rebooting the server or resetting the network card sometimes helps. I have tried both onboard network cards and a separate PCI network card on the server. There are no router log entries that correspond to the problem. This server is used as a Terminal Server for a remote office and as a file server.

A:Server looses connection to gateway only

A reset of TCP/IP appears to have solved the problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-looses-connection-to-gateway-only.1073148/
Relevancy 60.2%

Greetings I have a problem with my Vista computer that keeps dropping the internet connection It has not always been like this but started some weeks ago The computer I use is Acer Aspire with Windows Vista home premium bit SP Im using Norton Internet Security How the problem behaves Suddenly I cant access internet or very very slowly with my browser MSN messenger cant recieve or send messages and Microsoft Outlook wont work either What I have tried so far Wait - Well it seems like internet starts working after a while again before going down Turn of NIS no windows firewall running either - still no connection Repair connection with vista - says that there is no problem Different browser when connection is down - doesnt work same problem for them all Contact ISP to check ADSL for any sync problem - After days monitoring no problem found Tried different computer that is connected to the same network both with Vista and one with XP both works fine while internet looses connection Vista this one is down Tried new network cable that is directly connected to the modem router Upgraded firmware in Zyxel modem router one device P- HW-D nothing changed Unplugged network cable and turned on wireless that connects to Vista looses internet connection the same router mention above did not help Disables IPv no improvement Disabled TCP Checksum Offload for both IPv and IPv - no change Reinstalled network card not the wireless one I want to use cable if possible Tried fixed IP adress instead of dynamic IP adress didnt help When I loose the connection I can still ping the router and but I cant ping any server on the internet Anything more to try Thanks in advance

A:Vista looses internet connection

You should uninstall Norton Internet Security. Any internet security package does not work especially well with Vista.

Use the Norton Removal Tool http://service1.symantec.com/Support...05033108162039

Save the relevant tool to your desktop and then right-click it > Run as Administrator. Reboot when done.

Reset Windows Firewall to its default settings. Start > type "firewallsettings.exe" > click on the Firewall Settings. Restore to default.

Download AVG, or Avira, or many other free but just as good Antiviruses.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-looses-internet-connection-368969.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I am using a Windows 7 32 bit PC with an external USB backup drive. Every couple of weeks the backup drive "looses connection" and no longer appears in My Computer. When I pull the power plug from the back of the external USB backup drive for a couple of minutes and plug it back into the drive the computer then recognizes and sees the backup drive again.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix this problem. Could my external USB backup drive be going bad?

Thanks very much.

A:Usb Backup Drive Looses Connection

Hey Bill, I'm only guessing here but to me it sounds like the drive connection is loose or going bad. Not being able to see it so like I said it's just a guess but that seems likely to me. Sorry I couldn't do more.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/usb-backup-drive-looses-connection.305769/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi my brother has been having some problems staying connected to my HDD through a wireless network to HDD PC looses Brother's Network connection My HDD has loads of videos and music files and i thought it would be best to share them and not continuesly burn them to a DVD But every time he opens any media player to play a file across the network a error message pops up quot network or path file not found quot Somtimes he is able to play mins of any file then this error Brother's PC looses connection to Network HDD will occur I was thinking what if i buy some network cable and run a direct link pc-pc Will i be able to still have Brother's PC looses connection to Network HDD the wireless network running on both pc's and have this connection between them or will there be some kind of conflict The internet is connected though the wireless router so i kind of need the wireless i know this problem has nothing to do with the wireless network cuse we are able to play LAN games with no problem

A:Brother's PC looses connection to Network HDD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aus_Karlos

Hi, my brother has been having some problems staying connected to my HDD through a wireless network. My HDD has loads of videos and music files and i thought it would be best to share them and not continuesly burn them to a DVD..
But every time he opens any media player to play a file across the network, a error message pops up "network or path file not found". Somtimes he is able to play 2mins of any file then this error will occur...

I was thinking, what if i buy some network cable and run a direct link, pc-pc. Will i be able to still have the wireless network running on both pc's and have this connection between them or will there be some kind of conflict.

The internet is connected though the wireless router so i kind of need the wireless, i know this problem has nothing to do with the wireless network cuse we are able to play LAN games with no problem.

Assuming you both have an RJ45 plug on your networking cards you should be able to do a direct connection. You need to make sure you buy a cross-over cable. If you buy a standard networking cable it will not work.

BTW: It could very well be the wireless connection. When you are gaming there isn't as much data being sent over the network as there is when he is streaming music/video. If possible, try to place the wireless router closer to his PC to see if the problem persists.

Lydokane

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/brothers-pc-looses-connection-to-network-hdd-145379.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Alright - network gurus. This should be an easy one.

I have a home network set up - 2 computers.
I am running XP pro on both machines.
Computer 1 - Wiresless NIC (D-Link DWL-G510)
Computer 2 - Hardwired

Router - WRT54G

Have no problems 90% of the time. I can see both computeres. I can see the internet...

BUT

If the computer with the D-Link Wireless NIC (computer 1) sits idle for a couple of hours, the connection is down. The taskbar icon tray says that I am connected to the wireless network. However, I can not connet to the internet. Computer 2 (hardwired to the router) still connects.

So, the question is - is the wireless PCI card timing out... is the wireless router giving up ?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Benjamin

Alright, I lie...... both computers will loose connection to the network....

I give up... this computer...haaarrrkk.....is going through the window.

A:Wireless Network / NIC looses connection to the Internet

Take it easy it isn't that bad !
Most routers have a setup page and there you should see something that refers to "keep alive" or something similar .
Just make sure it is Checked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-nic-looses-connection-to-the-internet.53263/
Relevancy 59.77%

Mod#: SRN21C, STCR3000101

I just set up with the help of Seagate a 3TB Cloud Dr: Mod#: SRN21C, STCR3000101.

Bottom Line: Will this Seagate 3TB NAS cloud drive allow me to move all my data files to it and allow access to them thru shortcuts on MY PC's desktops as illustrated by the image below? Both my desktop & laptop are running fresh copies of W7 Pro 32 bit and programs are identical. Or am I expecting too much.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388310-seagate-3-tb-nas-looses-connection-shortcuts-not-dependable-more.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I support a network of PC s run Windows Pro current service pack and run XP Professional current service pack There is a Windows server they all access for networked applications One of the XP machines has a laser jet attached it is shared on the network and everyone prints to this printer Recently one of the XP machines began to loose it s connection to the shared printer There does not appear to be a pattern It is intermitent printer pro XP connection shared looses intermitently to Sometimes XP pro intermitently looses connection to shared printer rebooting this computer resolves the problem sometimes we have to delete the printer and re-add it I am suspecting the problem is because the XP with the problem cannot find the printer on the network I tried to assign the printer to a standard TCP IP port rather than using the XP pro intermitently looses connection to shared printer computer name printer name but that did not work To my knowledge no software was installed that keyed off this problem I ve tried several MS suggestions but to no avail The XP user with the printing problems never loses connection to the server Any insight you can provide will be appreciated Anne nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-intermitently-looses-connection-to-shared-printer.300311/
Relevancy 59.77%

on my nobilis laptop i lose the connection between the base and the screen unless i hold pressure on the left side of screen, are there any adjustments that can be made?

A:nobilis screen looses base connection

Sounds like a loose or faulty connector. You'll need to isolate the exact cause and repair it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nobilis-screen-looses-base-connection.1018651/
Relevancy 58.91%

Running Win 7 Professional 64-bit and trying to connect to a shared RAID-5 array on my HomeServer (running Vista Ultimate 64-bit) over my LAN. On start up, my HomeServer shows up as part of the network and it allows me to connect to it. I can access the shared drive just as before and log into my HomeServer via Remote Desktop.

After a short time however, Win 7 has problems reconnecting to the shared drive giving me the error "The local device name is already in use". Connecting to my HomeServer then becomes impossible via Remote Desktop and it vanishes from the view of the Network.

I've got the shared drive mapped and setup so it logs in with the User, Pass and Domain of the HomeServer. I've tried disabling AV/Firewalls on both machines, disabled Remote Deferential Compression (or whatever its called :P) and IPv6 on my Win7 machine (already disabled on HomeServer).

Any ideas?

Cheeers guys!

A:Local Device Name Problem, Looses connection to Shared.

To fix this up nicely, remove the current mapping. Turn off Win 7 machine.

Go to server. Rt click computer in start menu, choose manage. Computer Management, Shared Folders, Sessions. If your Win7 computer name is in there, rt click and disconnect. Refresh (F5 key).

Boot Win7 and remap it like its 2009 and you have a large glass of bubbly to party with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/32033-local-device-name-problem-looses-connection-shared.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I don't know why this happens but it does. I never seen this before. Its quite weird. It just randomly comes and goes. Its still connected to the network but the internet connection comes and goes. No other systems or device have this problem. Things I have tried...

Setting the system to not allow it to turn off the card. I also changed it to high performance as well but none of these things seem to have worked. At this point I'm out of ideas and thus is why I'm here..

Its a laptop running Windows 8.1 x64

Thank you

Relevancy 58.91%

Problem details together with the solution for Windows 7 described in this article
Does anyone know how to fix it in XP?

Relevancy 57.62%

Hey all It s been a while but I have a work. and works, router I connection, but Linksys, really Netgear looses won't D-link problem I can t seem to figure out It s driving me and my family up the wall Have a Linksys BRFSR router that has worked for years but has recently dropped a port and disconnects all the time I purchased a Netgear FVS router to replace it It seemed to be fine for a few minutes but now Netgear router works, but looses connection, Linksys, and D-link won't work. I really it disconnects all the time I mean all the time every few minutes It was a referb so I figured it was just a bad unit and decoded to return it and found some good info Netgear router works, but looses connection, Linksys, and D-link won't work. I really on the new D-Link Gamers Lounge routers that are suppose Netgear router works, but looses connection, Linksys, and D-link won't work. I really to be gamer friendly I use it as a wired unit but got the DGL- Trying to set it up and can t get it to let me on the net The old Linksys is now the same way After I had the Netgear FVS in the system I can t get anything elss to run I keep having to put the silly Netgear back in just to look for help or anything else It s like the netgear made some settings in the system that I have no idea how to find or change in order to use a different router Please give me a hand on this It s costing us a ton of time Too many other things need attention besides messing with these routers Thank you very much GRCRY gt gt gt --- gt nbsp

A:Netgear router works, but looses connection, Linksys, and D-link won't work. I really

Bump for my father because this is effecting me horribly, too!

~Cron

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-works-but-looses-connection-linksys-and-d-link-wont-work-i-really.409307/
Relevancy 57.19%

Greetings All,

I am new here so please be patient.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 32 and for some reason as I am surfing the net with Internet Explorer it appears as if I lost connection. I will suddenly not be able to bring up any sites. Funny thing is I can still check my email without a problem. I check my IP address and it is correct. I am also unable to access my router and DSL modem. The only way I can fix the problem is to reboot the computer. Can someone please help?

Here is my system info:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
3 Gig of Ram DDR2 Single Channel
MSI MS-7309 Motherboard

Thanks for any help

A:Windows Vista Ultimate Looses internet connection but ccan still check email

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-ultimate-looses-internet-connection-but-ccan-still-check-email.794775/
Relevancy 55.9%

Recently I bought a new chaintech NJL motherboard new mb ddr ram new video card nvidia g-force MX and I m using my old cpu which is a AMD sempron Operating System Windows XP PRO SP Using onboard motherboard audio gb wester digital WD BB- FFTAQ I never had problems with the processor before but when I run any video game applications or any music files my screen gets all garbled up everything just halts and remains frozen until I hit the reset button on the tower graphics - Computer freezes Minidump all garbled computer monitor gets and Also I m able to go online with no Minidump - Computer monitor graphics gets all garbled and computer freezes problems The other problem is when I ONLY put my old CPU back into my other computer which I never had problems with before the same problem occured again with my old computer I ran a video game and my monitor froze and the screen was all garbled I ve got a fan and properly made sure the heatsink on my CPU was properly installed I m using speed fan application to check the temperature on my cpu which is clocking at C Also I never overclocked my processor I was able to get two minidump files out of the computer errors thus far Also I see this one other error The DgiVecp service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified I ve fixed this error by chaning the registry start value for this application to The DGiVecp error hasn t appeared since but this was after I had the computer freezing and garbled monitor error that ll once in a while reset on its own The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x f x x a xffff f x A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x a xffcb b x x x d aa A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Any adivce would be greatly appreciated thank-you for any help in advance Also only thing I changed amongst my two computers were the CPU I put my old cpu into my new computer when that didn t work I put my old CPU into my old computer which yield the same problem I ve already orderd a new CPU but I was hoping to have two working towers nbsp

A:Minidump - Computer monitor graphics gets all garbled and computer freezes

Problem has been resolved. My graphics card was creating the conflict, just needed to upgrade my video card drivers and adjust the setting accordingly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/minidump-computer-monitor-graphics-gets-all-garbled-and-computer-freezes.40938/
Relevancy 54.61%

When I try to play a game the computer will either freeze or the monitor will just go black. The light on the monitor will start blinking green, or the monitor test will come up saying the monitor is working properly, but has been disconnected. I am using Win XP Pro. I have replaced the hard drive, try different monitors and video cards. I currently have a cd rw and dvd rw drives, I have disconnected both from the cable and just connected one at a time and it doesn't help. I have no idea what is wrong, I am thinking it could be the motherboard. I need help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-or-monitor-goes-black.318472/
Relevancy 54.61%

I'm on Windows 7 and while i'm using obs to livestream and play league of legends my monitor goes into standby and the computer freezes. When I don't have obs live streaming it doesnt happen. I don't know what the issue is because it just started happening yesterday. I'm sorry for the lack of info im giving im just annoyed since i just got the computer and this is happening to me. If you need any more info let me know I added a attachment from the sfdebug program I installed.

A:Monitor Goes into Standby and Computer Freezes

Hi tablesidewing.

You have had BSODs.

Code:
Event[3407]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
Date: 2014-07-18T04:01:32.000
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff88007796f8a, 0xfffff88002907758, 0xfffff88002906fb0). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 071814-21060-01.
But the zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

In the mean time, Uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus. It is not something that you intended to have, but it came to your system without your will, due to carelessness.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\McAfee Security Scan Plus
Uninstall it. Uninstall McAfee Using McAfee Removal Tool. And, be careful when you download Flash Player etc from Adobe.

Attachment 326421

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus and MouseDriver.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Gigabyte On-Off Charger is a continuous issue on your computer.

Code:
Event[3187]:
Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 2014-07-17T22:58:19.180
Event ID: 7026
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: Nick-PC
Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
UsbCharger
I would suggest you to uninstall it and all Gigabyte bloatware that you have installed.Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE
Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\AutoGreen
Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\ET6
Plus, some issues with Norton.

Code:
Event[1576]:
Date: 2014-07-16T12:01:40.275
Event ID: 7036
Level: Information
Description:
The Norton Internet Security service entered the stopped state.

Code:
Event[1577]:
Date: 2014-07-16T12:01:40.275
Event ID: 7024
Level: Error
Description:
The Norton Internet Security service terminated with service-specific error %%-1.
I would suggest you to Uninstall Norton and all Symentec products using Norton Removal tool. At least as a test. Because it is failing. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

About the BSOD itself, we will continue there after having a crash dump.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/338691-monitor-goes-into-standby-computer-freezes.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello i have a huge problem I just upgraded my video card to GT and my psu to W rosewill days ago the st day went by fine but yesterday everytime i would play counter-strike source haven Computer Shuts Monitor Off Freezes + t tried any other game yet my monitor Monitor Shuts Off + Computer Freezes would shut off out of nowhere and my computer would freeze it s still on i can t see if it actually froze but the sound would just freeze and would keep repeating When i hold my shutdown button and it shuts down and i turn it back on everything is fine again untill i start playing for a bit again mins to hrs It s not overheating i used speedfan and other programs to see also tech support from evga told me to make sure the V rail doesn t drop below V but my scensors view pro program is not displaying my voltages because it would be impossible for my system to work with those voltages and nvidia monitor says voltages are not reported screenshots below It s probably my power supply since everyone says it s not high quality but i m not sure i really need to figure out and need lots of help on this because i m not good with computers My specs Amd atlon dual core ghz G of ram all my specs are here http h www hp com ewfrf wc document docname c amp lc en amp cc us amp dlc en amp product sorry for the wall of text nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Help!
Every once in awhile my computer freezes up after the monitor wakes up from sleep mode. Only the monitor goes to sleep. The computer sleep mode is set to Never. The only way I can use the computer is to turn the power button off, doing a hard reboot. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.
This is a very annoying problem. Hope somebody can help me stop it from happening.
Thanks.

A:Computer freezes up after monitor wakes up

First test to see if it's your monitor and not something else that's causing the hang. Set it to not have your monitor sleep (if it's a CRT monitor make sure to set a screensaver as well to prevent burn-in). Leave it inactive for a good while and check it. If your PC is responsive after a long time of inactivity, it's certainly something to do with video or the monitor.

You may also want to check in advanced settings for your power options if your HD is set to turn off after a while, as that is often the reason for PCs freezing while inactive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-up-after-monitor-wakes-up-549449.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Acer Aspire Am -u and while playing games like SC World of Warcraft and multiple other games the computer makes the humming sound through the speakers which i assume means its frozen but the monitor becomes unresposive I've tried dusting out the inside taking off the side turning the back facing the open part of the room putting a fan by the side of it so it doesnt seem like a heat problem I have the recent video card update I can also watch live-streams and HD videos on youtube with ease and no freezing im baffled and can't figure it out also have never had a BSOD OS - windows home premium bit CPU - Intel core quad proccesor q Memory - GB DDR HDD - TB ODD - DvD Super multi drive VGA - NVIDIA GeForce GT MB It only started happening recently about weeks ago I've also ran programs like Advanced system care Smart defrag Fix cleaner CCleaner along with Full virus scans and also read multiple forum posts from different websites but i cant find anything that will fix the problem

A:Computer freezes and monitor becomes unresponsive

What type of PSU do you have?

Run a video stress test

Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Did you make any changes before it started happening? i.e. new hardware, new software, driver updates?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209827-computer-freezes-monitor-becomes-unresponsive.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Computer is froze after monitor shuts off after 15 min. When I turn the monitor on the computer is frozen. If computer specs are needed just let me know.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-when-monitor-shuts-off-535657.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Maybe a few weeks ago my computer started acting up on me. My monitor would go into standby and my computer freezes up on me. I have to hold the power button to get it back running again. I took it to geeksquad and they said it was a softwear issuse and i had to destructive reconfig my computer. I just did that and i still have the problem it will stay on for maybe 20 mins if im lucky.

Can anyone help me before i take it back to them.

A:Monitor goes into standby and computer freezes

What is your computer? Make, model, amount of memory, processor speed/ type, hard drive size?

What is "destructive reconfig"? Did you reformat the hard drive and reinstall XP fresh? Or did you repair the installed version of XP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-into-standby-and-computer-freezes.92271/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a pentium 4 2GB processor with a stock video card. The screen went blank and I pulled the video card to look at it. The screen is a year old and I am using the DVI port. I plugged my old monitor into its VGA slot and still nothing. So, I bought a new video card the exact same as the one I have that isn't working. Still nothing from both the DVI port and VGA port. I can't see the screen at all. I recently put new memory stick in it, but it worked just the same before/after install..... What now? Its old but trusty and I don't want to stick a small fortune in it.

A:Stock computer looses video

To rule out issue w/ your display, have you tried plugging it into a different computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stock-computer-looses-video.171311/
Relevancy 54.61%

HI All,

Every Sunday my computer drops back in hour. I reset to current time and it is fine until the next Sunday. I checked the setups is it says "this computer is set to automatically synchronize with 'time.windows.com'" and the box is checked for sync with internet time server.

What am I missing?

A:Computer looses an hour every Sunday

Welcome
Sounds like the CMOS battery.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/186483-computer-looses-hour-every-sunday.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Running Intel Core Quad Megs Ram with GeForce X video card and SyncMaster t monitor System is months old and has run without a hitch until now Now computer boots up normally and runs for about minutes then screen goes black and power button starts flashing indicating the monitor has lost sync with the card Hard drive continues spinning but will not respond to sync Monitor freezes loses computer and any key entries Only way Monitor loses sync and computer freezes to correct is switch the power off and reboot When rebooting to safe mode screen problem doesn't seem to happen When screen is working graphics are superb Only thing which changed which I can think of is I get regular Windows auto updates Have tried the following Swopped screens - same problem with alternate screen Removed cleaned and replaced card Replaced cable between card and screen Installed latest Nvidia driver Restored Windows to a previous config Re-installed Vista Home Premium Tried installing Vista but screen blacks out before installation can finish Installed new hard drive and re-installed Vista on the clean drive - no problems until Windows updates then same problem occurs Has anyone experienced similar problem Any suggestions on what next to try http www techsupportforum com imag es -upset gif

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/monitor-loses-sync-and-computer-freezes-451562.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello About a month ago I built a new gaming system Asus Striker II mobo Watt PSU Geforce GTX Graphics card and Velociraptor HDD It ran wonderful until Unfortunately about a week after building the system my cpu fan died and the MOBO gave me issues I replaced them with the same hardware and the system seemed to be running fine again however when i am playing a game such as left for Dead about an hour in my system completely shuts down for no reason all power is lost and it does it almost Looses Computer while Power gaming. Solved: instantly with Unreal Tournament so I Solved: Computer Looses Power while gaming. turn it on and continue like normal It only happens when i am gaming My cpu Solved: Computer Looses Power while gaming. temp stays lower than c and my ram doesn t go above C so I don t think its an overheating issue i believe it to be a tossup between the graphics Solved: Computer Looses Power while gaming. card and the PSU not having enough wattage though they were both fine with my previous configuration with the same hardware It even occurs when all bios settings are at there default I m not overclocking or doing anything else special it s essentially out of the box config still If anyone can shed some light on this I d appreciate it Thanks SHARPY nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I built my computer in the fall. I haven't had any issues with it until today. When I fell asleep last night the computer worked fine. This morning the power light on the front of the display turns on and off about every second. (My incredibly cheap speakers also make a static noise sound when the light goes on. The static sound is only because the speakers are cheap. They make the static sound whenever they are plugged into a device.) This leads me to believe that the issue resides in the power supply. It's a Corsair CX600. However I tried their paperclip test on it, and it passed. Any ideas? The motherboard is Asus Z87-D3HP.

Thanks!

Relevancy 53.32%

I have an Aspire Timeline X 38030TG that acts up with the internet.  Basically if I am connecting to a weak signal that cuts on and off the laptop will freeze any program requiring the internet, be it any browser (chrome, firefox, IE, utorrent, or Steam.  I'm not sure why this would occur.  I don't have this problem with my other HP laptop.  Could it be a driver issue?

Mod Edit: Moved to a more Appropriate forum
Roger

A:computer freezes due to internet connection?

Please download MiniToolBox, and save it to your desktop and run it, and checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518325/computer-freezes-due-to-internet-connection/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I m new here so if I ve put this in the wrong place I apologise I ll try to explain this as best I can however my computer knowledge isn t all that great I have a problem that I don t think makes any sense The internal wireless card in my laptop stopped working a few my computer my connection freezes wireless While using months back and on discovering how hard it is to get anyone to look at let alone fix a dell laptop I decided to purchase a PCI Wireless card Philips SNN Wireless While using my wireless connection my computer freezes PCMCIA Adapter a b g however since purchasing the card my laptop freezes while I use the wireless network in my house I don t know if its important but it does this randomly sometimes it will go several hours without freezing other times a few minutes and so I thought It was probably an issue with the Wireless card however when I went back to my parents house a few weeks back and used their wireless network my laptop did not freeze at all And so I don t understand is there something wrong with the network in my house of us share it and I m the only one who has any problems I hope you can help me the random freezing is making it very difficult to do any work It s frozen once just typing this nbsp

A:While using my wireless connection my computer freezes

Tell me something:
does your computer frize so thet you must restart it or does just your internet frize?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/while-using-my-wireless-connection-my-computer-freezes.68770/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an Aspire Timeline X 38030TG that acts up with the internet. Basically if I am connecting to a weak signal that cuts on and off the laptop will freeze any program requiring the internet, be it any browser (chrome, firefox, IE, utorrent, or Steam. I'm not sure why this would occur. I don't have this problem with my other HP laptop. Could it be a driver issue?

A:computer freezes due to internet connection?

Hi lychee203,

Did this problem all of a sudden happened? Yes, the problem could be driver related. Try upgrading the wifi network card drivers and see if it helps resolve your computer issue. Hope everything works out well for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-due-to-internet-connection-768786.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an Aspire Timeline X 38030TG that acts up with the internet. Basically if I am connecting to a weak signal that cuts on and off the laptop will freeze any program requiring the internet, be it any browser (chrome, firefox, IE, utorrent, or Steam. I'm not sure why this would occur. I don't have this problem with my other HP laptop. Could it be a driver issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-due-to-internet-connection.1115843/
Relevancy 53.32%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion connection after freezes to Internet Computer Run by Doron Family at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV AntiVir Desktop Enabled Outdated AD - F - A-A -FDD C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch svchost exe Computer freezes after connection to Internet C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe svchost exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system lxdncoms exe C Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS VM STI EXE C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C WINDOWS system VTtrayp exe C Program Files Babylon Babylon-Pro Computer freezes after connection to Internet Babylon exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Philips SPC NC PC Camera TrayMin Computer freezes after connection to Internet exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO SmartSelect Class f ee -daa - - - d ee a - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dll TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dll TB A C A B- E - DA -A -D C A D - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun BigDogPath c windows VM STI EXE Philips SPC NC PC Camera mRun AdobeCS ServiceManager quot c program files common files adobe cs servicemanager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbylogin mRun Adobe ID ENQBO c progra common adobe adobev server bin VERSIO EXE mRun VTTimer VTTimer exe mRun VTTrayp VTtrayp exe mRun Babylon Client c program files babylon babylon-pro Babylon exe -AutoStart mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files common files java java update jusched exe quot mRun SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE mRun avgnt quot c program files avira antivir desktop avgnt exe quot min mRunOnce AvgUninstallURL cmd exe c start http www avg com ww special-uninstallation-feedback-appf lic NFVZOVgtTlNWVkwtTzRCWlEtUUlNQ wtUVREQ gtNElKTUg quot amp quot inst NzctNzA MjYwNTg LUJBKzEtS YzKzctWEwrMS UNC CQVI RysxLVRCOSsyLUZMKzktWE zNisxLUREVCs MzczOS GTDEwKzEtRk JKzExLUREMTBGKzEtUzEwRkRERisxLVNUMTBGQVBQKzE quot amp quot prod quot amp quot ver dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup traymi lnk - c program files philips spc nc pc camera TrayMin exe IE Translate with amp Babylon - c program files babylon babylon-pro utils BabylonIEPI dll Translate htm IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE BF - - EC - -D B E B - BF - - EC - -D B E B - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL DPF BCC -B -... Read more

A:Computer freezes after connection to Internet

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/419468 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419468/computer-freezes-after-connection-to-internet/
Relevancy 53.32%

So last night I fell asleep with my computer on It was working perfectly but I had been tired and lazy and had just gone to sleep I woke up at around AM and was too lazy to wake it up and turn it off so I stupidly just held the button down and shut it off that way This morning I wake up turn on the computer and all seems well Until after about minutes Then Freezes Stops Up Working Monitor Computer Randomly, playing Warcraft while I m telling this story the computer completely freezes up I can t Alt F I can t get my process manager to show up so I m forced to restart it cold It then happens again and not only when I m online with Warcraft How it goes is it goes COMPLETELY frozen after a while whether during boot up or while on desktop view Then the screen goes black yet the CPU shows as the computer still on Green Light is still going I ran a System Restore to the th of the month but it did nothing concerning this issue I m not sure if that eliminates a Software Issue and keeps Hardware in question or what Can anyone give me any input I m not code freindly or anything so if you guys could keep it quot Computer Freezes Up Randomly, Then Monitor Stops Working lamens quot termed and any advice as to where to go Thanks nbsp

A:Computer Freezes Up Randomly, Then Monitor Stops Working

Laymans terms....

1st thing to try would be a checkdisk, seeing as it had a bad shutdown.

Boot it up, go into "My Computer", Right click on the "C" drive, select Properties, Tools, Error Checking. Tick BOTH the boxes, and hit OK.
It will prompt to reboot, do so, and it will check the Hard Drive for File Errors, bad sectors etc.

Hopefully that'll do the trick

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-up-randomly-then-monitor-stops-working.89511/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys. I'm new to this site and I am seeking help. See, my monitor turns to black like its going to sleep and then when i check my computer, its still working but freezes after the blackout. I've tried going to control panel and change the power options but it still crashes. It happens when i am searching the net, playing a game, or starting my computer. Any suggestions?? My system is Windows 7 Home Basic, Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66 GHz 2.67 GHz, Installed memory (RAM): 2.00 GB and it is a 32-bit Operating system. HELP!

A:Monitor automatically turns black, and computer freezes after. HELP!

Hello Ronell, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please go ahead and read the link below to post back with the needed information for someone to hopefully be able to help later with it.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259086-monitor-automatically-turns-black-computer-freezes-after-help.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Dear all,

If I play a video file with VLC Media Player or a video on YouTube, out of the ordinary happens more often and often. It looks like everything freezes. My monitor doesn't receive any signal from the PC, so it turns pitch black. The audio freezes. The sound that comes out of the speakers are a repeating sound in a jam.

Does anyone what the hell is wrong?

Thank you.

A:Play media and computer freezes, no signal to my monitor

Most common causes for similar complaints are Graphics Driver and Adobe Flash.

If you have updated your graphics diver recently (before the problem started) then roll the driver back to the previous version.

You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling Flash.

Always good for us to know what you have for hardware. Your SevenForums profile page has a place to fill that out.

Then we could see if you have a nVidia 500 series graphics card which recently experienced problems with the latest nVidia drivers and Flash video.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/231367-play-media-computer-freezes-no-signal-my-monitor.html
Relevancy 52.89%

So I have had this problem off and on several times and each computer breaks freezes. connection after LAN Solved: time its resolved I haven t a clue what fixed it It Solved: LAN connection breaks after computer freezes. just magically seems to fix itself I have finally gotten sick of the re-occurance and decided to take my problem to the board in hopes that I might cure the source of the problem Basically my LAN connection will suddenly fail to get an IP from the DHCP in this case after Solved: LAN connection breaks after computer freezes. a computer crash It Solved: LAN connection breaks after computer freezes. ll work for months then fail This is a common problem from what I understand windows gets confused sometimes I have a PCI slot wireless card and I can still connect to my router and internet with it no problem So I go through the basic troubleshooting steps I unplug and powerdown everything PC router modem I hook it all back up turn on the router modem then boot up the PC No good I go into command release and renew all of the connections I flush the dns cache Still won t get the correct IP So I figure I ll try a static IP I set it up using info from my wireless connection change the IP so I wont get a conflict It connects but no internet access and I can t get into the router controls through web browser I have tried re-installing my ethernet drivers which has worked in the past but I can t get the damn thing to fix itself this time Anyway there are a few other things I have tried as well suggestions from other forum discussions but nothing seems to work I m not sure what the computer crash caused but its screwed something up in my LAN configuration thats for sure Usually I just run on wireless for a while then one day when I turn on my PC I find that my ethernet connection is up and running Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: LAN connection breaks after computer freezes.

Truthfully, since wireless works, networking is most likely functional. I'd be shopping for a new NIC, that's what it sounds like to me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lan-connection-breaks-after-computer-freezes.845225/
Relevancy 52.89%

I use 2 monitors (see below). Both worked fine for over a year then the digital monitor suddenly went blank and the computer now has problems booting and displaying. Everything works fine when nothing is connected by HDMI. Both monitors work when connected as analogs (one at a time because I only have one pin connection).

I have confirmed:
There is no malware/virus on my computer.
HDMI cable is fine (I have 2 new cables, and switching cables doesn't change anything).
I think all drivers are up to date
Windows 7 Pro is up to date.

Computer:Dell Vostro 270s, Intel Quad Core i5-3450S CPU @2.80 GHz
Windows 7 Pro with Service Pack 1
Video card Intel HD Graphics FamilyMonitors:Samsung: SD24D300 digital
Dell E2011H generic PnP analogAny suggestions?

A:2 Monitor Display Suddenly Freezes Computer - Can't Connect Via HDMI

System Restore to a date prior to the issue - System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377302-2-monitor-display-suddenly-freezes-computer-cant-connect-via-hdmi.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey I have a decently new Compaq. When I turn it on the computer turns on but the monitor does not. I have tried several different monitors but none worked. I was wondering if there is anything i can try or do if anyone has this problem before having to take it somewhere. Thanks

Relevancy 52.46%

i have a toshiba laptop intel R celeron R m processor GHz MB or RAM running winXP My computer properties say that i have GB but is used and free I use a wireless card thru a router n modem connected to my keeps freezes and dropping internet connection Solved: computer main computer to connect to the internet But since we changed routers my computer will connect to the internet but as soon as I try to surf it will freeze nd the drop connection So i was told to disable all other internet connection local and other wireless which i did but each time i disable the local connection i lose the internet sharing connection drop boxes that i need to connect thru my nain computer and router How can I fix Solved: computer freezes and keeps dropping internet connection this problem Also how can I clean out my computer from unnecessary programs and files that i do not need I have down the highjackthis and deleted alot of programs from add remove list and temp files and folders I have alot of Solved: computer freezes and keeps dropping internet connection KB--- and KB---- log files Should I get rid of these files to now Please help Because i know there are alot of stuff on this Solved: computer freezes and keeps dropping internet connection computer that i am sure is the reason i am having so many problems with running right please help me stop getting so frustrated using this computer nbsp

A:Solved: computer freezes and keeps dropping internet connection

i did not solve this problem please do not close my questions because i need the help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-freezes-and-keeps-dropping-internet-connection.940070/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I have run Trend antivirus and spybot and there seems to be no viruses but not sure. I recently installed trend micro 2010 and the problems have become more frequent but problems were occuring before installation. These initial problems included blue screen messages (they were so quick I couldn't read them), slow down, and the monitor suddenly not showing anything while the computer is still turned on. I also have installed a brother laser printer within the last month but I don't think that could be causing a problem but I could be wrong as I have no clue

I'm not quite sure what to do any help would be greatly appreciated. I have used this website for years regarding spyware/viruses and want to thank you for your help and have never encountered what's happening now so wouldn't have a clue,

cheers
Tyson

A:Computer freezes, restarts, blue screen, moniter connection fails

Download BlueScreenViewNo installation required.Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/292987/computer-freezes-restarts-blue-screen-moniter-connection-fails/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have two computers at home,one computer connected wireless to other computer for the DSL service. Can the primary COMPUTER that has the DSL connection view what the wireless connected computer is surfing?

In other words,say i am at the primary computer and i wondering what my kids are doing on the other computer. Can i somehow view where they are surfing from a program in the primary computer?

A:Can the PRIMARY COMPUTER OF A DSL CONNECTION monitor connected computers?

Yes you can there is software that allows you to do this. I was doing it awhile back. I can't remember the specific program but I got it from www.majorgeeks.com Look in the Covert Ops section.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-the-primary-computer-of-a-dsl-connection-monitor-connected-computers.650738/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, this is my first post. I have been trying to put together a computer, bought all the parts, put it all together, but when I connect it to a monitor it says "check connection." I cannot reach the BIOS screen at all...I have tried everything suggested, unplugging the RAM and just putting 1 stick in, unplugging the video card and putting it back, even tried using a different monitor. I have checked my connections over and over and can't find out what's wrong. All parts were bought brand new on Newegg. This is the first computer that I have built so I'm new..just wanted to see if I can get any help. Thanks in advance..

Details of my build:
Asus p5w DH deluxe motherboard
Intel quad core q6600 2.40ghz
Corsair Dominator 4gb DDR2 RAM (4 single)
Rosewill 550w power supply
Phillips 20x DVD+-
Seagate 500gb Harddrive

A:Monitor says "Check Connection/ No Signal" Computer Build

Forgot to add the video card: Sapphire Hd 2600 pro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-says-check-connection-no-signal-computer-build.724802/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys,

I decided to purchase a Samsung LED monitor and have connected it up to my pc using a HDMI cable. I recieve the picture on the screen but no audio, been spending the majority of today trying to solve the issue but have landed short.

My set up is a AMD A10-5800K APU, 8 GB ram and using windows 7 64 bit. The monitor I purchased is a Samsung LED monitor T32E310EX.

Currently the speaker symbol has an x next to it, when I click it it tries to fix the problem. When I right click it and go to playback device it shows Digital Audio HDMI (High Definition Audio Device) as my default device but no sound bars next to it. If anyone could help me out that would be great thanks

A:New monitor, HDMI connection between Pc and monitor but no sound

Have you configured your speaker setup to use Monitor Speakers rather than external speakers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/386695-new-monitor-hdmi-connection-between-pc-monitor-but-no-sound.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all For several months my PC has been frustratingly slow However I have dealt with it Now however times. freezes often Ocassionaly at start Clicking completely. all slow system on Computer freezes. when I click on quot start quot my PC will completely freeze not allowing me to access anything When closing programs the desktop slowly scrolls back onto the screen instead of instantly appearing I wish there was more details to share but there is none to my knowledge I have recently ran spybot S amp D and ran a virus scan but it has not helped I have followed the instructions on the preparation post and here is the data in the DDS log I am attaching the other log files as well Thanks for your help in advance I know you all do quality work as I have used this Computer slow at all times. Ocassionaly freezes. Clicking on start often freezes system completely. site in the past for a different PC ------------- DDS log file -----------------DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Computer slow at all times. Ocassionaly freezes. Clicking on start often freezes system completely. Run by Whitney at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV McAfee VirusScan Enterprise On-access scanning enabled Updated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F FW Norton Internet Worm Protection disabled F - CEE- EA-A A-D ADD EA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exeC Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exeC Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exesvchost exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exeC Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXEC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exeC Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exeC Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise mcshield exeC Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise vstskmgr exeC Program Files Norton PC Checkup executables mrHealthy MrHealthy exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Documents and Settings Whitney Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exeC Documents and Settings Whitney Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC PROGRA hpq Shared HPQTOA EXEC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Documents and Settings Whitney Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT... Read more

A:Computer slow at all times. Ocassionaly freezes. Clicking on start often freezes system completely.

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278943/computer-slow-at-all-times-ocassionaly-freezes-clicking-on-start-often-freezes-system-completely/
Relevancy 43.43%

This problem has been persisting for a few weeks I did a fresh re-install of windows genuine and it is still happening so I thought I would ask for help When I first turn my desktop on everyday within minutes of starting up it freezes no mouse or keyboard response sometimes before 5 mouse within freezes startup, minutes on freezes restart Computer on I even have a chance to login I have tried unplugging and plugging them back in to no avail If there is anything animated like a game on my screen at the time of the freeze it will also be frozen I have also tried waiting to see if it will unfreeze even after hour there is no change Fans are still spinning and all lights in tower and on headset keyboard mouse are Computer freezes within 5 minutes on startup, mouse freezes on restart operational So after the initial freeze I restart the computer and every single time within minutes of starting up again the mouse will freeze But only the mouse keyboard and programs on screen are still Computer freezes within 5 minutes on startup, mouse freezes on restart operational This is easily fixed by unplugging it Computer freezes within 5 minutes on startup, mouse freezes on restart and plugging it back in Then the computer is good to go for the rest of the day At first I thought it was a problem with my mouse Steel Series Sensei Raw so I swapped it out Logitech G and uninstall the Steel Series software with Revo uninstaller but even after that the problem persists and that was before I did a fresh re-install of Win Enabled Startup programs nbsp Avast AntivirusNvidia BackendNvdidia Capture Server ProxyRealtek HD Audio ManagerusbmonitorI have attached my Dxdiag file as well Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Computer freezes within 5 minutes on startup, mouse freezes on restart

Did you remember to re-install ALL proper Win8 drivers after the clean install ? ?Neither of those NVidia apps need to be in the stsrtup group BTW though thats likely not the issue...

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,151919.0.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a Windows 7 64 bit laptop with 8gb ram. I have never had this problem until now. It freezes all the time and will not shut down. Am I infected? Freezing happened after a java update.

A:Computer freezes, windows explorer freezes frequently

Are you sure that the java update was from oracle or some fake ad?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534505/computer-freezes-windows-explorer-freezes-frequently/
Relevancy 43%

Hi I wondered whether I could get help with a increasing slow and infected computer internet and email freezes so does the keyboard and sometimes freezes, slow computer, keyboard internet freezes the cursor moves on it s own It is a HP windows bit OS GB AMD E- processor GHz Below are the logs I have had to attach the ark txt file as the message board will only allow a certain number of characters Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x CyberLink YouCam YCMMirage exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP On Screen Display HPOSD exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP QuickWeb hpqwutils exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Samsung EmoDio SMSTray exe slow computer, keyboard freezes, internet freezes C Program Files Motorola Bluetooth btplayerctrl exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer slow computer, keyboard freezes, internet freezes IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Users HP Desktop HijackThis exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google co uk gws rd cr amp ei WZZvUqeAPMTX QXMmoHICw R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http start mysearchdial com f amp yBtAtCtN L Czu Q G I Q H B Q amp cr amp ir R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO avast Online Security - slow computer, keyboard freezes, internet freezes E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - Toolbar avast Online Security - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run HPOSD C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP On Screen Display HPOSD exe O - HKLM Run HP Quick Launch C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exe O - HKLM Run HPQuickWebProxy quot C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP QuickWeb hpqwutils exe quot O - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe quot nogui O - HKLM Run SMSTray C Program Files x Samsung EmoDio SMSTray exe O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run Aimersoft Helper Compact exe C Program Files x Common Files Aimersoft Aimersoft Helper Compact ASHelper exe O - HKCU Run LightScribe Control Panel C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe -hidden O - HKCU Run OfficeSyncProcess quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office MSOSYNC EXE quot O - HKCU Run EPSON SX Series C Windows system spool DRIVERS x E IATIFCE EXE FU quot C Users HP AppData Local Temp E SFD... Read more

Relevancy 43%

I have a dual monitor system and I noticed that sometimes (occasionally) one of the screens has a condition where its windows stop accepting mouse clicks. I can still alt-tab into things and use arrow keys other keyboard buttons, but mouse clicks do not respond on that screen. In a few seconds it usually goes away.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398924-dual-monitor-system-one-monitor-freezes.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Somehow my e-mail provider cannot acknowledge my name and password. Seems my login name is now wrong and I don't know how to get in contact with my mail provider. I use "Thedoghousemail.com". Can anyone give me some help in how to contact them and retrieve my name and password. I did receive a different password but, without the proper login name, I'm still stuck. This has happened also on a fourm page. On my e-mail, I've been using the same login name and password for some time. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Looses log in name.

Googling yielded this Company Info for thedoghousemail.com:Thedoghousemail.comAddress UnlistedPhone Unlistedcraiggonzalez [at] yahoo.comhttp://www.alexa.com/data/details/main/thedoghousemail.com

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/208642/looses-log-in-name/
Relevancy 42.57%

Since two weeks, I can not find my QNAP NAS with the name, only with the ip address.
After a forced restart, everything is back.
But after the automatic shut down over the night and automatic restart the day after, the problem is back.
The only difference between the automatic and the forced restart, as far as I know, is that in the first case my laptop is closed and in the second case my laptop is in use.
I have done no updates in the past two weeks.
Any suggestions that can explain what is happening or what a solution could be?

KR
Piet

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62712-nas-looses-dns-name.html
Relevancy 42.14%

So my PC monitor Basically a TV i play PS on it too whanever i go on normal mode Freezes PC Monitor windows just goes black I cant do anything with PC Monitor Freezes the mouse and the keyboard Monitor doesnt freeze on Safe Mode Also PSU makes a buzzing sound that stops when the monitor freezes So far i have done the following Tested the hard drive No Problems Tested the RAM No Problems Changed PSU with another working PSU with the same wat Still monitor freezes Tested graphics card no problems Restored vista to factory setting completely formatted my Hard disk My Specs Motherboard Foxconn Flaming Blade graphics card Nvidia GTS gb RAM T Hard drive BIOS X Extreme Here is a log from HWMonitor CPUID HWMonitor Report ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Binaries ------------------------------------------------------------------------- HWMonitor version Monitoring ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mainboard Model X Extreme x BF - x C ED LPCIO ------------------------------------------------------------------------- LPCIO Vendor ITE LPCIO Model IT LPCIO Vendor ID x LPCIO Chip ID x LPCIO Revision ID x Config Mode I O address x E Config Mode LDN x Config Mode registers A B C D E F B A A Register space LPC base address x A Hardware Monitors ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hardware monitor ITE IT Voltage Volts x A CPU VCORE Voltage Volts xB VIN Voltage Volts xCC V Voltage Volts xC V Voltage Volts xC V Voltage - Volts xC - V Voltage - Volts x - V Voltage Volts xBA V VCCH Voltage Volts xCD VBAT Temperature C F x TMPIN Temperature C F x TMPIN Temperature C F x TMPIN Fan RPM xE FANIN Fan RPM x E FANIN Fan PWM pc x FANPWM Fan PWM pc x FANPWM Fan PWM pc x FANPWM Register space LPC base address x A A B C D E F F FF F FF F E FF FF FF FF FF D FF FF FF FF FF FF FF A CC C C C BA CD F FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF F F F F D FF FF FF FF FF F F E F F F FF F F F FF F F F FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF E A E FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF A FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF B FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF C FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF D FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF E FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF F FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF Hardware monitor NVIDIA NVAPI Voltage Volts x E VIN Temperature C F x F TMPIN Fan PWM pc x FANPWMIN Processors ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Number of processors Number of threads APICs ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Processor -- Core -- Thread -- Thread -- Core -- Thread -- Thread -- Core -- Thread -- Thread -- Core -- Thread -- Thread Timers ------------------------------------------------------------------------- ACPI timer MHz Perf timer MHz Sys timer KHz Processors Information ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Processor ID Number of cores max Number of threads max Name Intel Core i Codename Bloomfield Specification Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Package platform ID Socket LGA x CPUID A Extended CPUID A Core Stepping D Technology nm TDP Limit Watts Core Speed MHz Multiplier x FSB x MHz Rated Bus speed MHz Stock frequency MHz Instructions sets MMX SSE SSE SSE SSSE SSE SSE EM T VT-x L Data cache x KBytes -way set associative -byte line size L Instruction cache x KBytes -way set associative -byte line size L cache x KBytes -way set associative -byte line size L cache MBytes -way set associative -byte line size FID VID Control yes Turbo Mode supported enabled Max turbo frequency MHz Max non-turbo ratio x Max turbo ratio x Max efficiency ratio x TDC Limit Amps Core TDP Watts Uncore TDP Watts Power x Watts Power x Watts Power x Watts Power x Watts Power x Watts Power x Watts Power x Watts Power x Watts Power x Watts Power x Watts Max bus number Attached device PCI device at bus device function Attach... Read more

A:PC Monitor Freezes

Have you tried a different monitor?

What happens if you start Normal mode with the NVIDIA drivers removed?

Uninstall the NVIDIA Graphics Driver (this should uninstall all NVIDIA software and drivers)
Restart your computer
Make sure NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver, NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player, NVIDIA HD Audio Driver, and NVIDIA PhysX System Software are not still listed under Uninstall a program through Control Panel
If any remain of the above, uninstall one at a time
If asked to restart after uninstalling any of the above, do so, and continue uninstalling any remaining NVIDIA items until all are removed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-monitor-freezes-671336.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Ok, I haven't had this problem for long, but when my computer goes in to hibernation, my monitor goes to stand-by or something, it won't come out. I can't click my mouse, press enter, or un plug it and plug it back in to bring it out. I have to restart y computer by pressing the button on the front. I didn't have this problem before because i had a screensaver that i downloaded from the internet that i guess had something to do with it not messing up. The screensaver was deleted, and i can't redownload it. I got it from http://www,go2sleep.be/go2slip5.swf . the regular screensavers on my computer don't keep it from happening. Is there anything i can do?

A:So, my monitor freezes up or something...

What is happening is that when your computer goes into hibernation, it is dying in it's sleep. That is why it will not wake up, it requires the power cycle off and on to make it start again.

This problem can have many causes, but the main one is that very little hardware and software actually likes hibernation or standby mode. Some PC makers have actually recommended not using Standby or Hibernation if problems are encountered. The mode is designed for laptop hardware (but even many of those do not like it either).

If it works OK, then by all means use it. If it does not work, then avoid it and use a full shutdown is often the best cure.

The issue could be any of the software or drivers running, or the actual hardware itself. The possibilities are endless!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/so-my-monitor-freezes-up-or-something.323841/
Relevancy 42.14%

My computer and screen momentarily at times and it just recently happened. I have Norton on my computer. the computer is 3 years old an is a Windows Home Vista Premium. other than that it runs great. .It's on a Century Link line with our house telephone. I've had several techs out here and they said that every thing about our computer was fine . The problem was with the street lines. a lot of people in this area have the same problem. 1islander2 Does any one have any suggestions how I can clear up this freezing? Thank you

A:computer freezes at times,screen freezes

Hi -

Remove Norton - http://jcgriff2.com/NRT_N360_Removal.html

Is your Internet DSL or dial-up?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-at-times-screen-freezes-524535.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Answers are in brackets OS - Windows Vista Windows x -bit or x x What was original installed OS on system Windows Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer OEM version Age of system hardware month Age of OS installation - have you at freezes certain Computer also times periodically freezes, re-installed the OS days ago Windows was upgraded to Windows Laptop month old and came preinstalled with Windows CPU Intel reg Core i - MX CPU GHz CPUs GHz Video Card two NVIDIA GeForce GTX M System Manufacturer Alienware Exact model number if laptop check label Computer periodically freezes, also freezes at certain times on bottom Alienware Laptop or Desktop Laptop My new laptop has been freezing periodically and I can't quite pin down why Some extra info When the freeze occurs my mouse cursor disappears and the screen freezes still as-is The sound loops whatever note it was making when the freeze occurs Moving the mouse and hitting any keys or key-combinations such as ctrl-alt-del does nothing The only thing I can do is hold the power button to turn it off and then boot it back up without issue While it freezes randomly I have found a few occurences where it always freezes such as when opening Open Broadcast Software Multiplatform or after seconds of streaming on the non-Multiplatform Open Broadcast Software Interestingly this freeze did not occur after switching to onboard graphics and then started occurring again after switching back to the video cards Any info you could give me would help thanks in advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604163/computer-periodically-freezes-also-freezes-at-certain-times/
Relevancy 42.14%

hi guys,new here and looking for a little help.my computer has been freezing totally after about 10 mins or so,and i have tried a lot of things to fix it my self and nothing seems to work!would like some guidence plz.....i want to add that i am checking disk c attemting to recover bad sectors to see if this helps.as far as what could have happened to my computer,it is hard to tell because my father,who has dementia got on my computer one night and boom it has gone down hill from there.i got the system has recovered from a serious error the next day when i logged on.so i have been trying to figure out the problem ever since!

A:my computer freezes,when i say freeze i mean every thing freezes,need help

We need to know more about your BSODs...Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)No installation required.Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program and When scanning is done, go to Edit > Select All.Then go to File > Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.Compliments of Broni

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375163/my-computer-freezeswhen-i-say-freeze-i-mean-every-thing-freezesneed-help/
Relevancy 42.14%

For the past few freezes/recovers ~once freezes/crashes or day Computer per weeks about hour after booting my computer up in Computer freezes/recovers or freezes/crashes ~once per day the morning whatever program Computer freezes/recovers or freezes/crashes ~once per day I'm using at the moment will stop responding If I continue to try to get it to respond its screen will dim and I get the message quot Not responding quot The disk activity light goes on To a certain extent I can still get to other programs that are already running but I can't open new Computer freezes/recovers or freezes/crashes ~once per day ones Usually if I just sit and wait after about - sec everything will be ok again other times nothing will happen for several minutes after which I'll get a BSOD with the message quot Windows was shut down quot and Collecting data for crash dump Initializing disk for crash dump Because of this I've been running Process Explorer When the problem occurs I can switch to it if it's on the second screen of my dual-screen system When I do so almost everything seems normal CPU System Commit GB Physical Memory GB I kB Network B Disk kB The abnormal indication is that the disk shows kB even though the disk activity indicator is on of the time The list of processes shows Avast anti-virus program and System to have overwhelmingly the largest I O Read Bytes but this doesn't seem abnormal I use the program WhoCrashed to check dump files Some time ago I used it to cause a deliberate crash to check that dump files were being written They are However when I check crash dump files after the BSOD there is nothing new in them WhoCrashed shows only the results of the test crash Usually but not always after the first - sec freeze and or crash the computer seems to be ok for the rest of the day Any ideas as to what is causing this or how I can check further PLEASE NOTE I downloaded and ran the DM Log Collector When I did so I got a brief notice saying something to the effect of quot Action not completed Access is denied quot However it did create a zip file on the desktop But when I try to upload it I get the message quot You don't have permission to open this file quot I'm running as Administrator What's wrong

A:Computer freezes/recovers or freezes/crashes ~once per day

You're the only user of the system I assume?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/395499-computer-freezes-recovers-freezes-crashes-once-per-day.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello and thank you in advance for any help you might be able to give me I am reasonably competent computer user and should be able to understand what you need me to do I am experiencing this problem in all browsers Firefox IE and Chrome The problem started happening in the last few days about the same time my son came to stay with me for the week computer Browser after few minutes, then a freezes freezes Hmmm After surfing for - minutes the browser will cease to load pages and then computer will stop responding Functionality to many computer programs will cease to work shut down and restart do not respond and a hard reboot is necessary DSL is still available to online game if it was already running Browser freezes after a few minutes, then computer freezes though I am sure my son or I went somewhere stupid and caught something but I don't know what AVG and zone alarm were running on the computer I have run ad aware spybot Malwarebytes Superantispyware and Hijackthis Doubleclick was found Problem still persists Computer info Vista HomePremium SP Intel Core Quad Q GHz GB RamNVIDIA GeForce GTGigabyte EP -UD P MmotherboardHijackThis log is here Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm Browser freezes after a few minutes, then computer freezes exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files AVG AVG Browser freezes after a few minutes, then computer freezes avgtray exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files DisplayFusion DisplayFusion exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRunO - HKCU Run DisplayFusion C Program Files DisplayFusion DisplayFusion exeO - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exeO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeO - HKCU Ru... Read more

A:Browser freezes after a few minutes, then computer freezes

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247834/browser-freezes-after-a-few-minutes-then-computer-freezes/
Relevancy 41.71%

A couple of weeks ago I started having problems with the monitor suddenly going black It would go into what looks like a hibernating mode but I have turned off all of the hibernating options on the PC I also noticed that whenever the shutdown freezes PC and on Monitor monitor shutdowns that the red processing light also is locked on red like the hard drive is working overtime Only the monitor goes black as the PC is still Monitor shutdown and freezes on PC on but locked up I have to unplug the PC to get it to shutdown but it boots up fine every time I took it into the PC store that built the system for me to see what Monitor shutdown and freezes on PC was wrong I thought it was the hard drive at first but the tech said it was fine He tells me he checked the video card memory and power supply but can t find what is wrong I wanted more storage space so I had him add on a g hard drive to compliment the g I already had When he went to reinstall Windows back on the PC it wouldn t work Seems he could get to work XP to work but not Windows very strange I just decided to upgrade to XP and get the PC home Once the PC was home again it started having a lot of freeze ups while I was surfing or trying to run a program If fact I have rebooted the PC three times just trying to write this letter Ran my Nortons Antivirus Ad Aware Reg Cleaner and Spybot to make sure I didn t have a virus but everything is coming up clean I also downloaded system monitor software to check CPU temp and it is running at what I think is an acceptable temperature of degrees Celsius Wow Any help on this would be greatly appreciated Thanks Systems stats are Intel P ram Windows XP service pack HP flatscreen F System is about two years old nbsp

A:Monitor shutdown and freezes on PC

have you looked into the possibility that your computer is plugged into a poorly wired outlet or is hooked up to an AC line that has under/over voltage?

i've seen this happen a few times, and here is what i found:
the paging file (pagefile.sys) on the secondary harddrive was accessed by windows, but the ATA controller skipped a beat and lost the data. consequently, windows froze and either showed a bsod or a black screen and the ATA bus LED went on solid. if was fixed by turning off the pagefile on the secondary harddrive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-shutdown-and-freezes-on-pc.32075/
Relevancy 41.71%

I try to play Far Cry for the first time today and it seems to be fine up until I actually get into the jungle area at the beginning. When I do, my pc freezes up totally and the monitor shuts off. I got the latest drivers and the game is updated too. No other games do this, only Far cry.
I just recently upgraded my card to a 7800gs. Help please!

Relevancy 41.71%

i just installed windows 7 on my desktop. Everything's functioning properly except on random events where my monitor suddenly freezes and displays an image with a lot of lines. I can't figure out the reason for this coz it happens on different occasions. Can anyone please help me with this. Thank you

A:the monitor suddenly freezes

Please provide your System Specs so we can better assist you.

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/102023-monitor-suddenly-freezes.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm running Windows XP SP2 on a modified Dell Dimension 4400.
I have not changed any hardware recently.

The computer runs from a few seconds up to a couple of hours.

It goes and goes, then the monitor blinks black briefly, then the PC freezes within a minute.

It just started up tonight, so I have no idea what is up.

I'm gonna do thorough scans while I sleep, but otherwise check in on my issue.

I'm fairly computer-literate, so I can take directions well.

A:Monitor blinks, then PC Freezes.

sign of possibly a failing video chip, or power supply or .....

or do you have a separate video card installed? what size Power supply and brand do you have installed....maybe simplest to replace it first with a good quality 500 watt or larger power supply. then if that does not correct it move onto seeing if the video chip is the problem==by installing a new plug and play video card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/monitor-blinks-then-pc-freezes-404975.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have been having problems with two computers The first computer which is a old Compaq maching is running Windows Pro has been having a problem with the monitor The color on the monitor changes from light to dark and sometimes from one color to another Is the monitor going bad or is freezes with monitor and Problems this a problem with the video driver It has on board video Also I about a vpr-matirx computer from best buy and Problems with monitor and freezes sometimes the computer will lock up You can move the mouse but nothing else I have taken this computer back to best buy for repair but the problem still continues It is a ramdom lock up and does not happen at set times It has a P- processor mb ram gig hard driver dvd and dvdr drivers Best buy has replace the motherboard video card and hard drive Also when this lock up happens there is a click noise like the computer shuts down and starts up This happens real quick Thanks for any help in advance nbsp

A:Problems with monitor and freezes

Thanks for allowing me to vote in your poll.

What's it for?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-monitor-and-freezes.184802/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Dell OptiPlex GX small desktop computer it has this inbuilt crappy intel card wich i installed drivers for Then I found out the card sucks and cant even run CSS properly so I went freezes :upset: monitor XP to put my old Geforce MX SE in it till I get a replacement PSU And every time I would get past DOS the monitor freezes on the last thing it was displaying before windows boots like a black screen is the most common if I try to boot in safe mode I get a frozen screen XP freezes monitor :upset: of the drivers it's loading pauses when all are loaded it's still fully booting into windows but XP is freezing the monitor display but not putting it on stanby or anything Someone recommended disabling the onboard video tried it and all that did was give me two cards doing the exact same thing now they both just freeze like that If I could delete all graphics card drivers in DOS XP freezes monitor :upset: or something I mean this problem just keeps getting worse i'm stuck to DOS now I dont want to format the whole computer I just spend hours download games again I think if I could disable all graphics card drivers or boot windows without loading any card drivers I could get one of them to XP freezes monitor :upset: work either that or I need to renable my onboard card in Device Manager without being able to see anything or in DOS Lots of people have had this problem with dell onboard but no one seems to find a definate solution

A:XP freezes monitor :upset:

Reboot your computer in safe-mode (press F8 'till you can choose it). In safe mode you can delete your old drivers, install your new ones etc and troubleshoot from within windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-freezes-monitor-upset-228028.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,
after I build my new System, it always freezes during the Performance Rating. For days I'm reading Threads about the issue, but none of them are helping to solve the Problem. I will attach the last Report of the Winsat. Please help me solve this problem. Thanks.

A:PC freezes during Performance Monitor

Hello and welcome Daddlebox mate if you haven't already run these

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/306457-pc-freezes-during-performance-monitor.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I've been having this problem for about a week now, my monitor has been freezing and pixelating. At first it would happen while I was browsing with Firefox, but I was able to run everything else, so I would just do a hard reboot to continue working. Now it's doing it all the time, and last night it started freezing while the machine was booting up. I tried booting in safe mode and ran an MBAM scan and removed the problem files it picked up,but like I said, it froze during the reboot.
I'm running windows XP on an emachines tower. Thanks for any help you can give me.

A:monitor freezes and pixelates

Can you take a picture of this issue happening, as I am leaning towards a possible failing video card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510035/monitor-freezes-and-pixelates/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a fijitsu PC that has win7 ultimate X64 in the last week or so it has started to loose conectivity with the Internet. it is wired and when it looses conectivitys my other laptops (wireless) still have Internet and run perfectly (also all the lights are on green on the router) I have the latest driver updates but it is still happening how can I fix this?

cheers in advance

A:PC randomly looses conectivity

Quote: Originally Posted by paul3200

I have a fijitsu PC that has win7 ultimate X64 in the last week or so it has started to loose conectivity with the Internet. it is wired and when it looses conectivitys my other laptops (wireless) still have Internet and run perfectly (also all the lights are on green on the router) I have the latest driver updates but it is still happening how can I fix this?
cheers in advance

Are you running Homegroup?
ekn

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/85411-pc-randomly-looses-conectivity.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello everyone! I have a Creative Sound Blaster Titanium HD PCI Express card and finding out every couple days I have to reinstall the drivers in order to have sound. I can't seem to find why this happens. This is really getting annoying. Does anyone have this problem? Is there a fix or is this a sign my card is failing?

Thank you

A:X-Fi Titanium HD looses sound.

Do you have the Integrated (on the motherboard) audio disabled in the BIOS? If not give that a try, could be a conflict causing the problem if its not disabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/250326-x-fi-titanium-hd-looses-sound.html
Relevancy 41.71%

We are running windows 2000, they are on a network. Printing works fine from the IE6 until later in the day then the printing fails. There is no message of errors just doesnt' print. All other programs print fine. I reboot and that fixes it but then it will happen again later. This happens everyday. Also when I am on the internet, I click on help and about button and the information by the version is gone. very weird. I would appreciate any help I can get.
Cbyrd

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-looses-capabilities-of-printing-after-a-while.256083/
Relevancy 41.71%

I just upgraded a 2 year old Presario 6000 mini tower from XP home to XP pro... when doing so, I no longer have sound... I went to VIA and got the AC97 driver and installed it, still no sound, I checked the BIOS to ensure sound was enabled, it was.... so now I'm stumped... I need what ever suggestion anyone have....
HELP.....!

thanks
Keith
[email protected]
[email protected]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-upgrade-looses-sound.234451/
Relevancy 41.71%

Ok I have a car PC connected to a large stereo. Now its running windows 7, 32 bit ultimate. screen is 1600 x 1200 indash single din and is touchscreen. now the problem is is that the touchscreen goes out of calibration really easy and I recon it's because I'm converting it from DVI to the screens VGA (I use centrafuse 3 to run the system (have been using centrafuse 2 previously).

It uses the "Touchkit" drivers for the screen. It even has 25 point calibration!!! still no luck.

What I want to know is there a fix for this or am I doomed to change out my screen!!!!

Please help.

A:DVI to VGA . touchscreen looses calibration...

Has no one come across this before?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dvi-to-vga-touchscreen-looses-calibration-459062.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Now that I've upgraded to Win 8.1 my computer looses network connectivity several times a day. I can't even ping other devices on my local network. Rebooting the computer makes the problem go away (for a while). Its this computer running 8.1, none of the other computers on the network (running Win 7 or android) have the problem at the time this computer can't connect.

This is not good! If there's a way to refresh the network connection (some control panel function) that would be a not-very-good work around. Other than that it may be time to go back to Win 7.

Are others having this problem? Any suggested solutions?

A:Win 8.1 looses network connectivity

Just to be clear, you were running Win 8 and everything was OK and the problem only started when you upgraded via the Windows store to 8.1; correct? The reason I'm asking is because all of your other OK references are to Win 7 so I can't make the connection.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/33275-win-8-1-looses-network-connectivity.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,

Have a problem that started about 2 weeks ago. Seems that every two to three minutes the top most window looses focus and the cursor moves out of sight. I've got to move the mouse to get the cursor display then click on the window I was working on to regain focus. It's a real pain in the ^&$&.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

A:Window Looses Focus

Hello Arthur,Welcome to BC.It looks like this is something to do with a background program, or could be due to not responding application.Try Running a Anti-Spyware Scan get the help from Spyware Removal & Malware Self-Help and Reading Room.Also check with any recent software or hardware added to your computer.Best Regards.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41947/window-looses-focus/
Relevancy 41.71%

Many time, but not always, I have to log back into sites where the cookie should never expire (Netflix, etc). Also, links that I have visited go from the visited color, back to unvisited color. Lastly, when typing in a website in the address bar, it will very often forget websites that I have been to recently.

I originally ran I.E. 8 beta, and had these same problems, so I went back to I.E. 7, and the problem was resolved. I now run the newest version of the released I.E. 8.0.6001.18702, and have the same problems. This doesn?t always happen, but I find myself having to log back into sites at least once per day.

Any ideas?

A:I.E. 8 looses cookies, history

Go to control panel, internet options. How much space is allowed for
internet history/cookies? I set mine for 64mbs, but you can set for
higher. How long is history set for, you can adjust that also. In privacy
how are your cookies handled, may be set to not store....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/i-e-8-looses-cookies-history-382494.html